Maytag Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Maytag Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

MDB8959SBB. Purchased this Maytag dishwasher late December 2013 and had it professionally installed on January 4, 2014. Could have burned down the house this weekend! Smoke everywhere! Thank goodness it was running during the day and not night so that we were able to shut off the power. Lights in the kitchen were blinking and smoke pouring out of the dishwasher. The house still smells of smoke. So disappointing. I've always been a proud owner of the Maytag products. Never again. Especially after reading the reviews. Interesting enough, THIS dishwasher was purchased because of a recall on the PREVIOUS Maytag dishwasher I had trouble with. They gave me a credit to use towards my next purchase. I've learned my lesson.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Maytag dishwasher mdbh979sam1 - Every single one of the Maytag/whirlpool dishwashers with soft pushbuttons and LEDs will fail--check it on YouTube. They have a very thin printed circuit strip from the door controller to the brains, and this rusts through in a few years. You must buy the whole controller for $150, you can't replace just the ribbon. And you'll be doing this every few years. Maytag disavows this if you call them. The design runs the steam past this ribbon, so it corrodes really fast. Get a real pushbutton or a real dial knob model instead. With this model, the issue shows up when the LED pushbuttons stop responding or randomly light.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have owned several dishwashers thru the years and my favorite is Maytag. Maytag is quiet, barely hear it running which is rare for a dishwasher, dependable and plenty of space for dishes, pot and pans etc. I wouldn't have any other but Maytag. Also has several options for dishwashing which is a big plus. Love Maytag!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’ve had my dishwasher for over 10 yrs now and I probably need to upgrade but it suits us just fine and I’ve really never had any problem with it at all. My dishes and especially my glasses come out "Sparkling".

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This dishwasher is reliable and has NEVER had any repairs. It cleans fairly well, but I do wash off dishes before I put them in. The one complaint I have is sometimes the dishes smell funny after washing. I think it may be our water though. I also like that there is room for oversize dishes and glasses on some of the racks. Overall, I would buy it again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I really like my Maytag dishwasher. It has been very good. I have had it for at least 10 years and it is still working fine. It is worth every penny. If this one stop working I would buy another Maytag dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The control panel went bad on our Maytag dishwasher of only 4 years that is only run about once a week, A replacement part would cost more than half of what the dishwasher originally cost, so we have decided to go with a KitchenAid. Not pleased at all with the longevity of the Maytag.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Every Maytag product that I have bought in the last 10 has been garbage. That includes a dishwasher, side-by side refrigerator, washer & dryer. I've been hand washing my dishes for the last 4 or so years because my Brand New Maytag dishwasher totally stopped working after about 2 1/2 years. Maytag isn't the same company as it was 20+ years ago. Their products are made of cheap imported components that aren't meant to last any significant period of time. Do yourself a favor - DON'T BUY MAYTAG PRODUCTS!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My dishes come out super clean and I love it, even when there is calcium build-up around the filter. Thanks to Maytag and their great technology. You can't beat Maytag.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Dishwasher could do better with washing the dishes better and less recycling time. Also, it would be better if it had a self cleaning unit on it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The Maytag dishwasher works really well. Not the quietest, but cleans thoroughly. I don't use heated drying though, to save energy. Stainless steel interior retains enough heat to mostly dry. However, unit died after only 7 years. Expected longer life.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My Maytag dishwasher is very easy to use. Saves on money and time. I enjoy it and it have made my life so much easier. When you cook for two you can be out the kitchen in no time.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought a Maytag dishwasher to match other appliances in kitchen. Work great, not loud and gets dishes clean. Have owned it for 10 years and have one problem with the door latch. But it was easy and inexpensive to replace.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Maytag dishwasher does not clean dishes. It has hot water and we have had a repairman look at it and he said water jets working. We have to wash all our dishes by hand before loading them into the dishwasher to "sanitize".

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Overall I am satisfied with my Maytag Model MDB8859AWW2. I purchased the dishwasher 06/05/201. However, the door spring squeaks. It is a grating sound.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

It doesn't clean as well as the cheap GE model we have at our beach cottage. Also it is very noisy. Disappointing. Will never buy a Maytag dishwasher again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I love my dishwasher. The only hold back is similar to what I hear about all others and that is that it takes a long time. I love that is it quiet, has lots of room and is easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We have to rinse off any food particles before we wash or it may not wash off. So I use plastic wiper before we load. Only 2 of us so items may sit 3-4 days before we run our Maytag dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I find this Maytag dishwasher just ok, nothing special. It doesn't seem to clean any better or worse than other dishwashers I have had or used in the past. It also seems to get really slimy under the inside of the door.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

This Maytag dishwasher works great if you are using as a sanitizer for your dishes so long as the dishes were soaked already. It stinks if you do not use it often and requires a lot of bleaching.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I live in a area where the water leaves spots unless you add vinegar. Maybe a attachment that could add some on the last rinse. I don't know if they could do that or not.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

At first my dishwasher worked great and I have always been really good about rinsing my dishes before I put them in. Starting a few months back I noticed my dishes were coming out gritty then all of a sudden it started backing up into our sink.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We loved the Maytag dishwasher when we first bought it. After about 5 years it started leaking. Had rubber gasket replace, only held up 2 years. This was the only problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The efficiency of cleaning even dried on foods and getting them perfectly clean and dried is unsurpassed. And the need for dishwashing soap is always at a minimal using this Maytag Dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This dishwasher is at 10 years old, but is a real workhorse. This machine cleans like no other! Never worry about our dishes being clean. But we have replaced the seal once.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Maytag Dishwashers work great. It cleans well and appearance is very good. I have always trusted Maytag appliances. It's quiet running and also energy saver. If I had to replace I would stay with Maytag.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised that this basic model would work so great! It really gets the dishes clean. It came with the house so I did not choose it and probably would not have bought it if I had to shop for it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

IT A GOOD DISHWASHER, BUT I HAVE HAD 2 PROBLEMS WITH THE CONTROLS AND HAD THE CONTROL PANEL REPLACED. TWICE. The insurance I bought with the machine, sent me a jerk to fix it, I complained and they sent a good repairman.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This dishwasher is extremely quiet and very attractive in the kitchen. Easy to use and does a great cleaning job. The price was also right. Would definitely buy again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Bought a MDB7601AWW, and then replaced front panel to stainless. Configuration options are great (can’t find better at cost up to $1,200.00)! I haven’t had an issue with any stains on non-stainless tub. Problem is now control panel failing for second time. After 1st time, sealed all connections in silicone to prevent steam from affecting it, as recommended on DIY video. I just replaced the door latch, thinking that may solve it, but hard to troubleshoot without any indicator lights. This second failure (2 yrs later) shows no indication that steam or water caused it. It does start now, stuck on heavy wash, heated dry, sanitize - per top lights. Front lights totally out.

Debating whether to buy a new dishwasher ($$$) and give up super config (hard to find fold-down tines and fold-down small shelves on upper and lower racks, clips for small items, and basket that can be changed, placed anywhere) or spend at least $162 for the panel AGAIN and hope I get another 2 years from that while trusting that some other element doesn’t go out.

I believe Maytag should, at minimum, make the panel reasonably priced by offering a rebate, since the part is not sold directly through them. Obviously this problem is a design flaw. I am the only one in the house, so the dishwasher is not under heavy use. At least I found how to replace it myself on YouTube, though it requires the door to be completely taken apart and would be easier with an extra set of hands and a younger back. Hard decision since it seems newer, expensive appliances have problems as well. If I buy new, I will not hesitate to get an extended warranty (1st time ever).

Maytag Dishwashers Company Information