3.1/5 (6639 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I specifically bought the washer because it has an agitator and you have a setting for more water if you need it. My previous washer had no agitation and really miss that. Seemed like clothes got cleaner. On this machine the agitator is certainly helpful, but there is so little water sometimes I find a pair of jeans with dry spots when load is complete. No, I do not overload the machine. If I change the setting to add more water I don’t see a difference in the amount of water that comes in. I find myself frequently adding an extra rinse. I feel that while making the new washing machines eco friendly they have cut back on water conservancy too much. At the very least the consumer should have more options as to levels of water. I would not buy this brand again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

It washes extremely well. It's reliable. The wifey loves it and that's enough for me!!! I have had no major mechanical issues. Since 2012 we use it heavily and every other day. I would purchase same brand if need be but I'm confident that would probably be in 2024.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I would not recommend the Maytag washer with the large tub. It does not clean your clothes. I called Maytag and they do not care as long as it uses as little water as possible! Not a good value for the money!! That was the first time and last time I buy a Maytag... That's the last $5000 they will get from us!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Bought a Maytag front load washer. When it is operating it is very loud. Some parts of the washer are made of cheap plastic. The Optimum detergent dispenser also of cheap plastic failed after 1 month. Disappointed in finding out only the outside metal box was made in America. All inside components are made in China which raised the cost $300 due to recent tariffs.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My washer is great. It get the job done. Have no agitator so I can wash 2 comforters. I really like Maytag Heavy Duty. Can get the job done right the first time. Self clean itself also. Also it is a efficiency.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Maytag is owned by Whirlpool and seems not to be that same dependable machine it once was before Whirlpool bought them. The old Maytags lasted for decades. Mine lasted less than a month after the warranty expired before needing to be repaired.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

This Maytag washer and dryer are far more superior than the units I had before. It is also made in USA which makes me feel like it will not fail me as soon as the others. The agitation when washing anything is something else I love. I will buy more Maytag in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Bought a Maytag Washer & Dryer and after only 4 years the front panel went...cost to replace part only $653.55. After expressing concern about the price Maytag cut the cost of the part in half - now installed $475.00. Disposable dryer. Choked on it and decided to go ahead with the repair. Part was to be in in a week and it is now been a month. Maytag/Parts supplier no idea where the part is and doesn't return phone calls. Have to use the laundromat (family of 5). More money out of pocket. Not to mention time. Called Maytag again to complain about the service and having to pay more money out of pocket to use the laundromat. They basically told me, "Too bad." Have used Maytag appliances over the years and always been satisfied but the company is clearly going downhill.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought this new washer and dryer pair at Lowe's August 2018. I chose this brand because of the very large wash tub (5.3 cu ft) since I have king size bedding. My previous washer was a front loader, and there were problems with the door seal molding and stinking, and loads had dry spots on them after washing. So within a very short time, I realized I hated this new washer. Very noisy, no agitator, very long cycles. You cannot adjust the time or water levels, and the biggest problem... I CANNOT REACH THE BOTTOM OF THE TUB! I had to steal the grabby toy out of our toy box to pull the wet load out! The laundry comes out all tangled up and horribly wrinkled, even when using the "wrinkle-free" setting. I line dry a lot of my clothes and now have to iron everything. Never had to do that before. I know I'm stuck with this set, but will look forward to the day when it dies and I can buy new ones again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Both my washer and dryer are Maytag. Dryer element shorted out but was still under warranty so was fixed. Washer is very loud and now makes a rattling sound. Every so often it will hang in the middle of a cycle and the lid won't open until I unplug it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought a set of Maytag. I love the look of them!! But I'm finding that they don't wash my comforters very well. I've tried different washing products, different water temps etc. Any suggestion????

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have Maytag Neptune washer and dryer that was purchased in 2002. They're still going strong. It's a great size for empty nesters like us, but if you have a big family, you might want to consider a larger capacity.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought a used Maytag for $150. It was a heavy duty washing machine. Excellent machine. I ended up giving it to my son. He still has the washing machine and it's working just fine. I couldn't have asked for a better machine. As of now, the washer is about thirty years old. I would say that's excellent.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Washer is noisy and water does not saturate clothes on normal wash. Have to use sheet setting for small or large load. Washer changes gears and it is so loud and clanks like something is falling apart.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have a gas dryer from Maytag that works very well. Very easy to use and economical using it with propane. I'm pleased with my purchase. I've had it now for about 8 months. I would recommend buying another one.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The HE version of Maytag washer leaves the clothes smelling bad. There are suggestions to remedy this, but why do these type washers cause this? The suggestions don't work. No more HE washers of any brand.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I had my Maytag washer and dryer just barely over 30 days. My washer sounded awful and I had to get a new motor. Then my clothes would come out with dry spots. Not enough water. The computer was replaced and within a few months of purchase, all the major parts of my washer were replaced. I hate it! My clothes still come out with dry spots and it is loud. Worst major purchase I made. Dryer so far has been ok.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Got the dryer free when we moved into our townhouse. We had been doing 2-3 loads a day for almost 8 years. The dryer was old when we got it. No complaints. Just wish there was some way to fix it. But mechanic said, "No way." Almost a valued member of the family. Say 2 loads a day, 7 days a week, 52 days a year. This is a lot of loads. Remarkable. "New machines can't do that today" says our mechanic, they are not built to be fixed. Now, when broke, replace, don 't fix.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Purchased washer March 2017 and had to get it repaired twice by the end of 2018. The top loader even with agitator does not clean clothes very well. The repairman said not to fill the washer above halfway so I can only wash about 4 pair of my husband's heavy soiled work jeans. I won’t buy another Maytag.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

These were a replacement for 10 yr old Maytags that failed. The previous were high line units. The failing of them disappointed me but with a 10 yr parts warranty I think it should be ok. As for cleaning it works fine.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My Neptune Maytag pair have been dependable. Great features. Now at 20 yrs old still kicking. Washer-front loader now has issue with fab softener going into wash correctly. Could be build up? Trying to self-fix. Very gentle with washing fine things. Hope I can keep going with them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I have been very disappointed with the 2017 model of Maytag washer and dryer as the washer does not clean the clothes as it should. There is the inner part taken out with no agitator and I believe that is the reason that the clothes comes out not white or cleans as I am use to it being before with my other machines. I think they need to reinstall the agitator to clean the clothing thoroughly. The dryer takes longer to dry the clothing and it uses more hydro which cost a lot more monthly for us to have to pay out. I will never purchase another washer and dryer as this in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This set of Maytag washer/dryer are nearly nineteen years old now and are still workhorses! They keep getting the job done time and time again! Absolutely no complaints. Absolutely and completely amazing!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The low water usage design is horrible. Clothes don't get clean as it doesn't use enough water to cover them. Takes twice as long to do a load as our old washer. Took about 1 1/4 hours yesterday for 1 load using "heavy" which is the only setting that uses more than a thimble of water. Should have looked for a commercial type with a real agitator and adequate water usage. Not saying Maytag is probably any worse than any other brand of new efficiency government mandated garbage washer, but it's no good.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased my Maytag and I'm not happy. There is agitator in center and it seems to always tangle up my clothes and has torn several garments. And there is no fabric softener compartment but there is the one for bleach. If I had to do over again I would have several compartments for bleach and softener, and no agitator in center. But I made the purchase and it does clean the clothes but they usually in a ball when and tangled when complete.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

After having issues with bearings in a front load of another brand, we decided upon a top load Maytag. We have had it less than a year and we are not happy with the performance. We are using more detergent because the dispenser seems to be bottomless. Only the front of the little pull out drawer is visible and it never seems to reach the fill line when adding liquid detergent. There is no quick wash cycle. Not everything needs a cycle of nearly an hour or more. The spin cycle does not remove nearly as much dampness/water as our previous frontload. The drum is deep making it difficult to retrieve small items such as socks. My biggest disappointment is finding lint residue on the clothing and it remains even after an extra rinse. This is especially visible on dark clothing. Even the lint filter in our dryer fills up much more quickly than before. After researching, I found that others complained of this same problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Had Maytags since we got married (57 yrs). The first one lasted over 30 years, the second about 15 years, then got a Kenmore that washed beautifully, but lasted 3 years. Have a newer Maytag now that is supposed to be more efficient, but takes forever to wash a load. The biggest disappointment with new appliances is there is no timer to let you know what is happening during the cycle.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The washer gets mildew all the time no matter how much I use the tablets and yes keep door open. It still has so much. I scrub it and it keeps growing. Sometimes my clothes come out ripped also which is another frustration. Please help these two issues.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Just don't get clothes clean like the old agitators. Doesn't matter what brand you decide to get I guess. Had Samsung front loader before and was disappointed in that brand as well. Thought them both to be good buys... But miss my really washed clothes!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We purchased a Maytag MVWB765FW top load washer with agitator to replace a Whirlpool with premature gear case problems (less than 3 years old). Was partially sold by the attractive metal label that says 10 YEAR limited warranty. It is now less than 2 years old and the Maytag selected repairman just diagnosed a failing transmission and of course advised us this is not covered by the warranty. Cost to repair—$ 600. About as close to false advertising as I have seen.

I can’t believe that this company would sell such crap and not stand behind their products! But after seeing all these other complaints I believe it now. I bought both washers from Nebraska Furniture Mart and I realize they only sell the appliances but I plan to inform them that if they continue to handle Whirlpool and Maytag products they will never sell another appliance to me or to anyone else I can influence to not buy from them. We as consumers are almost powerless against these manufacturers but if we can influence the stores we buy from, just maybe we will see some improvement.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information