Maytag Washers & Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Maytag used to have a reputation for quality. Their low water energy efficient Centennial is a waste of money. Half of the time clothes come out wet and most of the time they are still dirty. Also you are only supposed fill the tub 1/4 of the way with clothes so you end up doing 3 times as many loads per week. What genius came up with this idea? Save your money. You would get better results washing your clothes in a tub with a washboard. Seriously!

I don't know where to start. This machine (Bravo XL Top Load Washer) is ridiculous! When I finally figured out how to start it, it did not rinse or spin clothes. I cannot figure out how to get it to do that so I'm stuck with a washer full of wet clothes. To add insult to injury, I cannot reach into the washer to retrieve them. I am 5'2" and all washers are designed by freakishly tall people with NO REGARD FOR WOMEN apparently! Poorly designed! Poorly engineered! What a piece of junk!

I purchased this washer in January 2017 at our local Home Depot here in Mexico. It was a washer/dryer combo. Now, in July, a mere 6 months and only a few wash loads later, it has gone from the worst machine I have ever owned to what I consider to be garbage material. First of all, it boasts about not using much water. This is true... Only 1/4 of your load is in the 3 inches of water at the bottom of the machine and the top 3/4 never even gets wet. I couldn't believe it. Now, I put 2 sheets in this morning and it fills almost to the point of spilling out, though I have to give it credit for shutting off the water before it actually did so. This is a NEW washing machine!!! I, along with a lot of other folks from what I am now discovering, are all in the same boat. I remember Maytag being a mark of excellence way back in the day... This is no longer the case. Stay away from this company... I know I will.

The Maytag Centennial is the worst washer ever. Not only doesn't get the clothes clean but it does not spin out properly either so your clothes have to be run through a 2nd time after washing. The water fill level is so low that the clothes are not covered in water at all, even midway through the wash.

The washer that always needs repair! My first problem with my Maytag washer was that the sensor needed replacing (wont wash or spin). Since then I have had the sensor replaced and motor replaced. Today, I had to call for a service call, and was told that I have to wait over a week! Bad customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Like others that have submitted a review, about six months ago, our then less than two year old Maytag Bravos XL washer became very loud. If the problem is the main bearing as others have suggested, it's not covered under the 10 year warranty. Aside from loud noise, the washer has never performed to my wife's satisfaction. Neither has the Maytag Bravos XL dryer. Regardless of the settings, the dryer doesn't dry the laundry completely. Extremely disappointed with both the washer and dryer which replaced our 15 year old Maytag washer and dryer. We will be replacing the defective Maytag's with another brand like LG or Samsung very soon.

We bought a Maytag washer in 1987. It worked beautifully for years. The Maytag Centennial Washer we have now is sub-standard. It takes a full hour or more to wash one load. No quick wash feature. Today I filled the washer with soap, clothes, and pushed the button to fill it. It filled and inexplicably drained, wasting my time, water, and laundry soap. I regret buying this washer.

Maytag Top Loading Washer-We bought this machine a little over a year ago and it is one of the worst products we've ever purchased. More often than not clothes barely get wet and then wad up into a twisted mess which stops the machine. I've had to restart a load over and over. And, the clothes are not as clean as they were from our former Maytag washer which lasted 14 years. The new washer has to be cleaned at least once a month or it smells. We purchased this washer from HHGregg and they are no longer in business or I would complain to them about selling faulty products. I don't know why the manufacturer decided to remove the agitator from new models. What a mistake! We have decided to get rid of this washer and buy another brand. No more Maytag (or Whirlpool) products... ever!

This washer ( MHW3505FW) leaks, is crazy loud, water won't drain, clothes smell bad after washing, defective drain pump, defective mother board. Only had 2 1/2 months and it broke. Maytag refused to refund me and Lowe's refused as well. Thankfully I paid by credit card. Am disputing the charge. Terrible washer should be recalled. Many complaints on this washer. Very disappointed and upset.

We have had this washer/dryer stack up for about 2 years now. Not long after it was purchased from Best Buy, it started smelling like mold, even though we were doing everything possible to keep it ventilated. Best Buy employee said that service was not covered by the warranty that we purchased, so they suggested we YOUTUBE some ideas on how to get rid of the smell. They said it was a common complaint for front load washers. We have tried Affresh, hot water and bleach, hot water with vinegar and lavender, etc. Nothing is working. There is mold on the plastic inside the washer door and the stench is horrible now. You can smell it when you walk into our home. I believe that stench is the reason we are all having respiratory problems, allergies, etc. I just don't know what to do anymore. Really frustrating!! These appliances cost a lot of money.

I am submitting this review today to express my disappointment with my Maytag washer. This is the Maytag MVWX655DW (Bravo), with Serial# C61842055. In August of 2016 I lost many treasured items due to a flood in Lafayette, Louisiana. My daughter and I were devastated and displaced because of this event. This is also in addition to completing Cancer treatment 2 days before the flood.

I lost my GE washer which was a great product. It was a struggle for a long time, but we were finally get back on our feet. I was able to get another place to live, and it was time to purchase a washer. I was told that Maytag was one of the best products on the market, so I decided to purchase my first Maytag washer. This did not turn out well for me, and it was very disappointing. After 9 months of ownership of this product, it is broken! It is my belief that the product may have been defective.

I put in a service call, and had a repairman come to my apartment on June 19th. I was told that my washer needs several parts to repair it, including a pump. I have never had this issue with prior washers. My previous washer before my GE purchase survived for over 10 years before it has had any issues. I called on June 26th to ask about Maytag issuing me a new washer or a full refund, instead of repairing this faulty product. I was told no, and was offered and extended warranty for 6 more months and $75.00. I expressed to her that I would rather have a new washer.

The Bravo Washer is a very bad product. Instead of taking advantage of customers, Maytag needs to stand by that 10 year warranty sticker on the washer. Please understand this purchase is a LEMON. This washer did not last a year. After all I have been through, I did not need this financial hardship. In the long run, this product will die again. Unfortunately for me I may not be able to afford to purchase another washer. I am still getting follow-up treatment for my Cancer, and it is very expensive. Can someone please re-evaluate the need for a replacement washer or offer me a full refund? This product should not be broken after only 9 months of service.

First off. Maytag customer service is horrible. I purchased a Maytag washer & used it 8 time. It now doesn't rinse the soap out of my clothing or even clean anything. The washer isn't broken because thousands of other people with the same exact washer have written negative reviews everywhere online. The washer needs to be recalled & never sold again. Maytag is making people SICK and they don't care. My whole family had skin irritation because we didn't realize our new washer wasn't rinsing.

BROKE AFTER 3 YRS. Purchase a new Maytag model: MVWC425BW1 top load washer and dryer after just 3yrs of use. It failed and to find out this is a common problem with these new open drum washers. The bearings go out. Be aware do not purchase them and they also do not wash your clothes good, clothes just stay in same position and you have to wash 2-3 extra washes. It was going to cost 350.00 plus to repair so I purchased Speed Queen that has good reviews. Tech said that top load open barrel washers have been a nightmare.

I do not recommend this product. I purchased them 2 years ago. Within one month, the drum stopped working on the dryer. This was covered under warranty. In the last month, though, I have noticed that there are blue stains on the new drum. I do not leave clothes in the dryer wet. Last week, the washer stopped agitating or cleaning clothes even though the cycle would still run. I called for a service call and paid $82 for this. I found out the transmission was not working. This is not covered under the warranty.

The warranty for entire machine is only 1 year. The 2-10 year warranty only covers the drive motor and wash basket. I cannot understand why a transmission is not covered. I feel like they are not standing behind their product. Finally, after a lot of talking, I did get Maytag to agree to cover the cost of the transmission part; but I am still obligated to pay $150 for labor. Why are products not standing up to use as in the past? I am very disappointed with these products.

This machine(Bravos XL Washing Machine) was highly recommended to me at the Home Depot by a sales associate. I broke down and took the recommendation. Oh how I regret that! This is a terrible washing machine. It does not put enough water into the machine to even cover the clothes halfway. It ties the clothes in knots! I made a terrible mistake when I purchased this!

I have never written a review before but I wished I would have read the reviews before purchasing an expensive Maytag Bravos Washer and Dryer! I will start with the washer: Never enough water even if you put it on "deep mode". Clothes do not come out smelling clean especially towels. Laundry softener leaks all over clothes and stains them. Very noisy on each cycle. Now the dryer: Does not dry clothes fully especially towels. Start button has become separated so now we have to open back panel each time we want to start a load which you have to do many times because it does not fully dry. I am so frustrated! This is a brand new set and they are worthless! Not sure what to do now except never buy another Maytag ever!

Maytag WFW7590FW & YWED75HEFW 24" Compact Washer and Dryer: These 2 machines are a lemon and the extended warranty plan was completely disappointed. Both needs maintenance before the 1 year warranty ends. The washer was the worst between the pair. The washer cannot spin the laundry dry. The Home Depot extended warranty plan was not the cost. It takes 2 business day for the service call to call us back. Then a schedule date was 2 days later. The service person complained about not getting authorization to do the work without charging us. He did even showed up for the 3rd call.

He did nothing to resolve the issue and said the diagnostics showed there was a load issue, which was not true. A very light load still didn't spin dry. The washer not spinning clothing dry issue has been more than 1 month and is still not resolved. The repair person Dean didn't even re-schedule another date after not showing up today. There is a 90 day policy that we can't request for another repair person to attend to the issue. The dryer also made excessive noise which was caused by a broken attachment that established the drum.

I bought my Bravos washer (Maytag Bravos Model # MVWX700XL2) back in 2013. Worst mistake ever, First off the clothes never came out clean, regardless of how diligent I was following the directions on how to use this particular type of machine. Secondly, it started going off balance for every load if I put more than 4 pieces of clothing in. 2 months after having it recently repaired AGAIN for not spinning and going off balance, it is doing it again. It is only 4 years old! I bought it for the Maytag reputation, but now I am doubting that reliability.

My husband bought me a Maytag washer as a surprise gift. I was so excited to get a Maytag. I will never purchase a Maytag again. I am so tired of washing, rewashing and rerinsing my clothes and still not getting the soap out. I have used every different kind of detergent and used with and without fabric softener. I have also tried cold, warm and hot water. I would rather use more water and get the soap out instead of using more electricity to keep rewashing my clothes and then in the end having to take a wet cloth to get the soap out. Never had to do this with any other washer I owned. Very disappointed as I always thought Maytag was the best.

The washer does not wash properly at all. There is not enough water. The clothes come out covered in lint and still soiled. MOD: MVWX655DWI, SER: C63142093. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT unless you want a ton of frustration!

Bravos XL washer - I agree with others, if I won the lottery, this would be on the street in two minutes. It is a complete waste of money. Nothing comes clean. Supposed to be water efficient, well not when you have to wash everything multiple times and I have to do them in such small loads to have any hope of anything getting clean. Some clothes just never look clean. I have the same issue with all my dark things coming out with white residue and yet I use liquid detergent. I follow all the instructions and do the monthly Affresh tablet (cash grab) and still nothing is ever clean. I am SO disappointed in this machine. I thought Maytag and Whirlpool were good brands but not anymore. I also get a constant HC error and there is nothing wrong with my water lines. Just so disappointing, save your money and frustration and buy something else!!

Maytag Bravo X-We bought this washing machine not even 4 years (February 2013) ago from Lowe's. We had this issue before the warranty went up a couple of times and then it stopped and started working fine. We contacted Maytag before... But of course beings the issue resolved there was no way to send someone out here to troubleshoot the problem. Now it is doing it all the time. A few months ago it went out of warranty. We are having issues with it going into the spin cycle and it will stop there and it will not spin out my clothes and finish draining. Contacted them and they want to charge money for a service tech to come out just to look at it. Lord only knows how much it would cost to fix.

Two years ago I purchased a Maytag Top-Loading HE Low-Water washer. I have always taken great pride in the way my laundry looks and smells but since this purchase, my laundry no longer smells clean and fresh nor does it look clean. I have always used the same detergent and fabric softener (only now I use the HE version) and it served me well. I have read all of the directions and did as I was instructed. I cannot believe that anyone would actually think that you can do laundry with practically no water. Do the decision makers have not common sense at all? I didn't and still don't believe it but what choice did I have when all of the machines are now HE with low water. I think it's terrible that consumers don't have a choice. I have come to realize that low water, HE washing machines actually waste more time, energy and money (detergent and fabric softener).

My clothes are not clean, nor do they smell good when the wash cycle is finished so I have to wash them again, using more detergent, fabric softener and energy. The super fast spin that supposedly sucks out most of the moisture, also rumples my laundry with semi-permanent wrinkles (even on the low wrinkle setting) so clothes that never had to be ironed before, now need pressing.

I find it remarkable that, with all of the detergent ads promoting washing clothes in cold water to save energy, we are told that if our clothes are not sufficiently clean in cold water in our HE washers, that we should try a warmer/hot temperature. Good luck with that because my machine has several temperature settings but only uses one - COLD! I cannot actually believe that with all of the technology that our society holds, we are going backwards in the basics of washing clothes. Terrible product, terrible quality, terrible results, terrible waste of time, resources and money. Why can't you just leave some things alone??

I HATE this washer. It had such good reviews before I bought it, but I have never been so disappointed. Doesn't use NEARLY enough water to get anything clean, even when I try "deep water wash, bedding, or power wash". You can't switch modes in the middle of a load, and if you leave it paused too long, it drains on you. I've tried balling everything up as the manufacturer advised. I tried using less detergent, again as advised. Nothing works. Sometimes the clothes on top don't even get wet. Don't waste your money!! If I can find a way to fix my old washer, I'm going to do that and throw this thing to the junk heap.

Recently I purchased a Maytag Bravo Washer and Dryer. These two items are the single worst appliances I have ever purchased. They are loud, ball the clothes into a knot and run forever. I plan to sell them on Craigslist and buy a Speed Queen.

Water level is totally inaccurate, if you do get enough water in it, it will not spin clothes dry. This is the worst purchase I have bought in my entire life. This washing machine fails in every aspect period!! AND the matching dryer is a waste of space as well, clothes come out damp regardless of setting or time period. When I was younger, Maytag meant something, not anymore! I have searched to see if there are replacement sensors, or upgraded components to make these machines work properly, that I would even be willing to pay for myself and get them installed to make them functional, but NO they don't even offer that... we are just stuck with them.

My water bill is higher and my electric bill is higher too! From these machines. I wouldn't even sell them used to another person. I wouldn't want them to inherit these problems, but as soon as I can save up enough money {being disabled} I will get these hauled off and buy a set of Speed Queen machines. My wife and I are so repeatedly disgusted!! I wish I had the receipt so I could post it for more proof.

Maytag washer mvwc565fw: You have heard about how noisy they are & don't fill up enough water unless you set it on deep water wash. I can't get the right water temp. It's cold, cold warm. No hot at all. Sorry I ever bought the piece of junk. Only have had it a month too. The last washer I had it at least lasted 4 years. Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

The Maytag Bravos washing machine (Model No. MVWB75OWQ1 Type 580) is the worst I've ever owned. The low water level obviously is not sufficient to clean the clothes as the clothes come out still dirty. I pre-treat stains carefully and follow all of the directions and 9 times out of 10, my clothes come out with the stain still there.

The clothes never smell clean. In fact, they have an odor. My t-shirts still have a smell of BO under the arms and some of my clothes still smell like my perfume. They just aren't clean. I feel like we put our dirty clothes in this machine and they agitate around in a little pool of water for an hour and they come out still dirty. The machine frequently gets off balance and shuts down too. If I had the money to trash this one and go buy another one - I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately - I'm stuck with this piece of junk until I can afford to buy a new one. This was a total waste of money and Maytag should be ashamed that they have not recalled it and given its customers a replacement option.

I bought this dryer 3 years ago and the fuse has blown three times. The dryer gets really hot and blows a fuse. The entire back of the dryer is clean and free of lint, the hose on the back, and the ventilation pipe running out of the house are completely clear, but the dryer continues breaking down. The Whirlpool NC folks have been out here three times yet it has broken down once again. I should not have to purchase another dryer after only three years!

Maytag washer, top loader, Bravo series: We purchased Maytag washer and dryer 4 years ago. Last week, the washer started sounding like a 747 was landing in our laundry room. Maytag sent a service representative and informed us that the bearings were faulty and it would cost at least $800 to fix. It is appalling that a 4 year old appliance should fail like this. We will buy a different make and we will never buy any Maytag appliance again. This is such poor quality and worse service. Maytag would only offer a 30-40% off a washer, but only if we bought it directly from them. We can get a better offer from any local store. They also said we could get a discount on the part we need, but not the service. Do not, I repeat, do not buy Maytag anything. You will regret the purchase.

Compare Washers and Dryers