3.2/5 (6618 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: May 9, 2022

Have had a tech out twice with a 3rd tech schedule for tomorrow morning. I bought the machine last August and noticed it was out of balance in the spin cycle. I left and went to the other house and upon return this March of 2022 I realized the washer was not operating normally. It always shook and jumped in the spin cycle. Listening to the tech talk to the Whirpool tech, he advised I was loading it incorrectly. Well I have been loading a washer for 50 years on my own with zero issue. So I listened and found you had to have it at least 1/3 full and less than completely full. The tech on site watched me load it and left. Then after reaching the spin cycle it shook, jumped off the floor and of course it took me a minute to get it turned off. So the idea I wasn't loading correctly was incorrect.

It has been leveled a few times now but still acts like a spacecraft attempting to depart the earth. I am waiting to see what the new company tech has to say. I am disappointed and am looking for a replacement as this machine will damage the floor and walls of the laundry room if I am not present. The model # is MVW7232HW0. IT STILL WORK AND FIND IT IRRITATING I AM WASTING SO MUCH TIME ON A PRODUCT I PAID 1000 dollars FOR. I need to get a machine that actually doesn't waste my time. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I wish I had never seen this Maytag washer, 3 yrs old nothing but trash. It has been broke more than it has been working. First year some kind of gears went in it and the control panel a year later my transmission is gone. Maytag refuses which is made by Whirlpool now refuses to replace my washing machine. Paid $1,000 for it it's just to say a story so I've got to wash machine that's like a car payment sitting in my house and I have to go to the laundromat and the part that I need is on backorder coz of the covid situation so now I'm waiting to get a washing machine that they should replace that Maytag refuses. Please don't buy any Maytag product made by Whirlpool, don't do it.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2022

We purchased the combo washer and dryer from Lowe’s. The washer broke on day 2. Called Maytag. Waited week and a half for an appointment. They came over and told us it needs a new part. They ordered new part. Came in after a week and the part they received was also broken. Half the order. Another part. Now that it's three weeks without a washer with family of five and everybody is blaming everybody nobody is helping. You will not get any help from this company. Stay away.

Original review: April 18, 2022

After many many years our Samsung front loading washer finally die. So we decided to try the Maytag top loading washer with the center agitator. WORST APPLIANCE DECISION OF MY LIFE!!! Since day one we get white marks all over our darks and delicates and every time I have called into Maytag all you get is a song and dance. Once known as the elite in appliance brands should now be known as the bottom of the barrel and only obtained under complete desperation (which moving forward I would not even except one for free, not worth the issues).

Original review: April 13, 2022

Customer service itself was very helpful and professional, however the product and resolution are very disappointing. Purchased new washer and dryer. Approximately 1 month after purchase lid stays locked and water will not drain, parts on are on back order approximately 2 weeks from time-of-service visit, so it will be about 3 weeks before I have use of what is supposed to be a new washing machine and on top of costs for purchase of washer, I have to come out of pocket to do laundry at a laundromat which tends to add up for a family and there is nothing they can do. Very disappointed in product and policy on this one.

Original review: April 13, 2022

A month ago our washer quit dispensing water and runs 2 min and says cycle complete. Lowe's told us that Maytag has no repair men to fix the washers and this is why they cancelled our appointments twice on the same morning. They were supposed to be at the house to fix the machine. So if they have no repair men why buy one in the first place? Also Maytag was bought out and is now made under NON UNION and probably produced in Mexico cheaply yet the price has not gone down and they really push the insurance even though they have NO REPAIR MEN TO SERVICE THE WASHERS. YOU KNOW PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT AND THE HECK WITH THE CUSTOMER. Our washer is still out of service for over a month. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. IF IT BREAKS YOU ARE SCREWED.

Original review: April 6, 2022

We have had so many issues with this set! They are made so cheap and don’t last. The drum itself broke had to pay for that to get repaired and now The lid cracked and Maytag refused to fix or replace! Save your money and go with a different brand!

Original review: April 6, 2022

Since new machine was continually out of balance, can't handle cotton blankets and when it broke the washplate could not be removed to simply replace the hub. The washplate was fused on drive shaft. Broke off as much as possible, but still a piece left, rendering it not repairable. Whirlpool/Maytag business strategy is planned obsolescence through contrived durability and prevention of repairs. Machines are designed to fail faster, and the cost of repair (if even possible) is more than the machine. Customer service message- sorry, not sorry you are out of warranty and no "known issues" or recalls. Loads of bad reviews related to this design defect and others out there. If the brand was good at one point it isn't anymore.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I purchased my washing machine in July 2020 and it was broken by November. It took months without a washer before the warranty finally replaced my machine. I had the second machine less than 6 months when the water pump went out on it. They told me it would be two weeks for the repairman to come out. In the meantime my clothes were locked in the washer half full of dirty water. They told me we would have to force the lock to retrieve the clothes so they would not mold. The repairman called, never showed up, just called to ask what was wrong. Told me he would order parts and I had to wait 21 days to see if they would be able to find them.

Today is day 21. I called the warranty back and was told it would be escalated and someone would call me in 4 days with a resolution. In the meantime I have spent $60 a week doing laundry for my family of 6 at the laundromat for MONTHS. Out of the 18 months have dealt with Maytag, I have spent more than 6 months at the laundromat. When I asked to be reimbursed the money I have spent they offered me a free 6 month extended warranty or a fifty dollar gift card. This product is garbage! The customer service is garbage. Don't waste your money.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Purchased a Maytag washer for my family of 8 because we do a lot of laundry and our Samsung washer failed after 3 years. I thought Maytag was a more reliable brand and was hopeful. The machine stopped working after less than 4 months of service. Manufacturers warranty repair came out and said it needed three new parts, motor, clutch and chip - said it would be another 2-3 weeks depending on parts. So all total without a washer for 4 weeks minimum - call the customer service people (first one was rude and short), 2nd one after 45 minutes on hold - told me the were no other options other than wait for the repair. Four months after a brand new washer and it failed. I requested a replacement option and they said no way. Their hotline talks about a positive customer experience and that seems to be a joke. Not helpful, super frustrated and they do not seem to care about the customer experience at all - terrible product and service

Maytag Washers & Dryers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information