1.33/5
Based on 1,580 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Maytag Washers & Dryers

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: April 18, 2018

2709 Maytag Washers & Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 18, 2018

Maytag Bravo Washer - I recently purchase a fairly expensive washer built by Maytag. In my opinion it is the worst washing machine I have ever owned. Again in my opinion their advertising about being such a reliable company should be considered false advertising, and near criminal. If you had a lower rating I would use it. Absolutely you should never use the word 'Bravo' in a description of this washer. I will never purchase a Maytag appliance again. Check the internet for reviews before you purchase. I had just came out of surgery and in a wheelchair and trying to move back home and didn't do my homework.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Maytag washer Model #: MVWX655DW - I purchased this machine at Lowe's in May of 2016. Always was a loud machine but seemed to work ok. In April 2018 the machine stopped working correctly. The spin cycle would lock up and not finish leaving clothes soaked. Called Lowe's and waited for their repairman. He came and said it was the clutch and drive motor. Repair is over $400. Machine is worthless. Huge mistake. Never buy a Maytag. I called Maytag to see if they would warranty it. They basically said, "Sorry only a one-year warranty on it." I told them the reason I bought it was it had 10-year warranty on it. They said only certain parts but it's the drive motor that is clearly marked on the machine that has the 10-year warranty. I was told, "No sorry." What huge waste of money. I am out close to $600 and Lowe's only give you a store credit with their protection plan.

The credit is not enough to purchase another machine without more out of pocket expenses. I will never buy another Maytag and I would not recommend anyone else does. Their warranty is a huge joke. Their customer service is terrible. Maytag should not even bother sticking the 10-year drive motor warranty on their machines. They do not honor it. My advice do not even consider buying one. You will be out the money and be purchasing a new machine within two years.

551,441 savvy shoppers have a headstart. Don't miss out.

Get trending news stories and exclusive consumer resources straight to your inbox.

We respect your privacy, unsubscribe easily.
    Original review: April 17, 2018 I positively HATE the new BravosXL Maytag washer, which has no decent agitator. It is ruining my clothes, as it spins with little water and leaves soap residue all over the clothes. Additionally it puts large, long wrinkles in my knits, especially disfiguring slacks. Maytag must have known how rough and ruinous this washer was on knits BEFORE selling it to an unsuspecting public! I want my money back in order to purchase an "old-style", well-functioning agitator washing machine.

A class-action suit should be brought against Maytag. There was no way to know before buying and using that this machine is horrible!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

If I want to line dry something, first I have to pick off all the lint. Even when I use the dryer, I still have to pick off lint and there’s often creases with dirt dried right in. I have to inspect everything that comes out of the washer to see if it is clean before I dry it. This doesn’t save water, as I often have to wash things at least twice. Awful! Also, ridiculous. A wash machine is supposed to get things clean.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Maytag used to make a great laundry machine. The barrel of the Bravos XL machine is very deep, and it is difficult to reach the bottom of the machine to get clothes out. My biggest complaint is that the clothes don't get clean; there is not enough water filling the machine to clean the clothes. The clothes get wet, but there is no agitator, and the water isn't deep enough to suspend the dirt and wash it away, even on the "deep wash" setting. There is also a lot of lint left on the clothes that can't rinse off. Why is the barrel of the machine so deep if it only fills up 1/6 of the height? I had great hopes, but I really regret buying it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: April 14, 2018

I purchased this on sale at Home Depot, 1 year later this washer top load doesnt clean clothes if the cycle does finish at all. I have to restart the cycle, re-rinse etc, theyre still dirty. I dont have time for that, I have four children and my husband works in construction and comes home with filthy clothes that are just wet and dirty when they come out of this washer. I dont usually write reviews but I hope I can save someone else the hassle. I wish I would have read the reviews beforehand, they all complain of the same thing. This washer altogether is BAD! IT'S LOUD, it bangs around if I dont put in the tiniest loads, even then, they come out dirty. Dont waste your time.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Purchased this machine to replace the recalled Samsung washer that was exploding. I should have kept my Samsung. I loved it and had no complaints, but since there were reports of it exploding I took the rebate and purchased the Maytag Bravo Nightmare. Everything you have read or will read here is true. I would spend hours, I mean hours trying to do a load of laundry. If the cycle would complete itself, the clothes would be soaking wet, and they never smelled clean. I would try rinsing again and the cycle would start out with 18 minutes and I would return to the machine 1 hour later and it would be still running water and still have 18 minutes or more left.

I watched it complete the spin cycle and start the rinse cycle again. We had the service guy out several times - he would call the techs and they would test the machine and say nothing was wrong other than it was off balance. They said I was using the wrong detergent - when proving that I was using an HE detergent, they counseled me on how to lay the laundry into the machine, and said I was using too much laundry detergent.

After babysitting this machine for more than a year, and being told by Lowe's Customer Service that the techs say there is nothing wrong with the it, I was fed up. I called Lowe's and told them to send their techs to my house to do the laundry. I threatened to call for service every week until my extended warranty was exhausted. They finally gave me a merchandise card valued worth the purchase of the machine. Now, I have the painful decision of deciding what to buy next - It won't be a Maytag!

Original review: April 12, 2018

We bought a new Maytag Bravo washing machine last spring. It was easy to understand the instructions, but that is all that was good about it. Like everyone is saying. It doesn't wash the clothes completely. On every dark load I have what looks like streaks of lint. I contacted Maytag. They gave me suggestions for solutions. None of them worked. I have put the clothes on for a second rinse and spin and it got out some of the lint. Also. they are evidently spun so hard in the washer, after they come out of the dryer they are a wrinkled mess. All the wash and wear, which is almost everything we own, is wrinkled. I have to iron every item. Never again a Maytag for us. If there is a class action suit, I want in on it.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Model MWVC360AW0 has never done a decent job cleaning. Washing pods would not dissolve completely. Ruined a lot of clothes. Had to rewash many times. This is a piece of junk. Extended warrant folks at Home Depot no good either.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I bought a high capacity Maytag Bravos washing machine, thinking it would be better than the ones that shred your clothes around the center post. Wrong. You still have to wrap your clothes around the edges as if there were a post, and even then the machine will become unbalanced (after much thumping and crashing), causing it to stop, which forces you to redistribute the weight, sometimes several times in one load of wash! I called the company and got nowhere -- I won't say "nowhere fast" because it took forever to get nowhere. I do not recommend this machine.

Original review: April 9, 2018

We had Maytag brand washer and dryers in the past. They worked for years and I was able to repair or replace switches and some parts on my own. The new Bravos XL is a very inferior machine, nothing but problems. The clothes have to be washed two or more times to make them clean. There is no agitator, so your clothes have only other clothes to scrub up against, and the spin cycle is just thumping and banging and thrashing around until you’re able to get in and rescue it from itself. Our older machines had tiny steel shot in the rim of the machine to keep it balanced. Don’t buy this machine ever!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Purchased my 1st brand new washing machine almost 3 years ago, a Maytag Centennial Washer for a little more than $600.00. Now it needs over $400.00 worth of repairs to get it working. There's a reason the Maytag repair guy has nothing to do. It's because their products can't be repaired and are disposable. 25 years ago we bought our first washing machine that was used. It lasted for 22 years before it died. Maytag can't make a product that can last for 3. Also got stuck with a $65.00 service fee for them to tell me it's broke and not worth fixing. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of their products.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I thought I was nuts - only 2" of water in a full machine of bedding or clothes. I agree with all the other one star remarks - clothes still dirty, still dry, hardly any water and if you use the bedding selection, it takes nearly 2 hours to wash a load and then it doesn't spin dry so you have to rinse and spin again. Very disappointed with the machine. Yes - class action lawsuit? How do we do this.

Original review: April 5, 2018

HORRIBLE. Don't pay more for substandard machines. Had a Maytag washer and dryer delivered on March 27th 2018 and it has been a nightmare to get it to start up. Now I have clothes stuck in there. I called Home Depot, you should never buy any appliances from them, they wash their hands of all responsibility once you sign for it. Called Maytag. On hold for almost 10 minutes, they only have 2 certified repairmen in the area 0f 600,000 people. Will be 5 days until they come to look at it. I told them I wanted to return it for a GE or something else. They said I had to contact Home Depot yet Home Depot told me it was Maytag's problem. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! MAYTAG IS NOW AN INFERIOR PRODUCT WITH EXTREMELY INFERIOR SERVICE.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We purchased a new Maytag Bravos washer and dryer. The washing machine senses the weight of the clothing and determines how much water to use. The machine does not put enough water in to completely immerse the clothes, therefore after the load has washed, the clothes come out of the washing machine partially dry. I have to wash the clothes a second time therefore using detergent twice, water twice, electricity twice and my time twice to wash each load.

After a while the machine stopped washing altogether. I would load the laundry, add the soap, close the machine and start the machine. It would begin to put water on the clothes and sense the weight of the clothing and it would get stuck there. I would hear a buzzing sound and the clothes have been stuck on this same cycle for over 15 minutes and it would not wash the clothes. I tried starting the machine again, and it would drain the machine. I'd have to add more soap, use more water, use more electricity and use my time again to try and wash the same load. They sent out a repair company who looked at the machine, did whatever they did (and left a bunch of water on the floor behind the dryer and didn't have the decency to tell me so that I could clean it up). They said they had to order parts and they would come back. They called me several hours later and said they had the parts in their warehouse and they could repair the machine.

After a while, they said they were finished and that the machine was repaired. I tried to wash a load after they left and... the original issues were still there. I called the repair company and told them what happened. I typically do laundry once a week, so out of fairness to the technicians, I told the lady that I didn't have any more dirty laundry and that I wanted to try the machine again when I had dirty laundry the next week. I called the next week and Maytag said that I had to pay for the technicians to come out, even though they never repaired the washing machine.

After complaints they offered me a $75 credit towards the repair company which I refused to accept. Then they told me I could buy another Maytag machine and they would give me a discount. So basically, I would get something like $76 off of a $600 machine. Really? And then the idiot had the nerve to tell me that it was customary for the clothes to come out partially dry. So in other words, he was telling me that these machines were designed with flaws to partially wash clothes so that consumers would have dirty clothes. I asked for a replacement machine of equal value and they told me that Maytag does NOT replace machines. They sell this crap, knowing that it is no good and they aren't willing to replace it! I got someone else on the phone and he said that I will not have to pay for the technicians coming out a second time to attempt to fix the machine. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was sooo excited to get this very very very expensive washer and dryer only to have the worst disappointment and let down...the washer in particular is horrible!!! It doesn’t wash!!! I thought I was crazy until I started reading all of these other reviews and found that many more people have had the same experience as I have... The tub never fills with water and the clothing never gets clean. I would love to start a class action against Maytag and get my money back or get a replacement.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I purchased Maytag Bravos XL Steam Washer brand new from Lowe’s in January 2018. HORRIBLE washer! Does not get clothes clean and leaves soap and scum all over clothes. I have to wash everything on power wash with an additional rinse cycle (takes about 2 hours per load) and clothes still don’t come out clean. I often have to wash a load 2 or 3 times to get it clean. Will NEVER PURCHASE another Maytag product! What is even worse is that I also bought the Maytag “commercial technology” washer at the same time. It’s an even more TERRIBLE washer. Cannot get through one cycle without getting an LF (low flow) error & the cycle shuts off and machine drains & quits. Absolutely the two WORST washers I’ve ever owned in the past 40 years!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I purchased the Bravos washer and dryer suite. Since I was a small child I had heard my parents and others alike say that Maytag always had superior products as this is the reason when I was fortunate enough to purchase a new set I chose a Maytag brand. We that was the past and the present products et washers /dryers as the worst ever. I have had my set less than 2 years and today had to go out and buy a used one again. I have had nothing but trouble with these 2 and will never buy their brand of anything again. From the amount of poor reviews it appears I am not alone. I tried several times to no avail to have someone from the company contact me as I was put on hold too many times!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Bravos XL Top loading High Efficiency Low Water Washer and Dryer - I gave this washing machine a 1 star but would give it a 0 star or less if the choice was available. I agree with everything others have voiced about this washer. I end up using the bulky cycle for everything because it is the only cycle I have found that will use enough water to get the clothes moving around. All the other cycles are a joke. First you must put everything around the wall of the tub away from the so called agitator. Then about 2 cups of water enters the machine. It then goes into this high speed spin. In my opinion it just pushes any soil deeper into the fibers. The drum will then spin slowly and water will spray on the clothes for several minutes but the washer never fills with enough water to cover the clothes.

Watching it agitate through the glass top is almost hysterical. Laundry is barely moving. The high speed spin they push as a selling point puts deep wrinkles in everything and the wrinkle control setting on the dryer does nothing for them. It is absolutely the worst machine I have ever owned. My husband has repeatedly told me to sell these and buy another set. I will be ashamed to sell it to anyone. I'm not sure how the makers of Maytag got away with selling these machines. I know there are different models but from what I have read they all work the same. I replaced a very low end GE Washer and Dryer with this pair and every time I do laundry I wish I had them back. The matching dryer is very costly to run as almost every load takes 2 cycles to get items dry. Nothing comes out completely dry even if you put it on the more dry setting.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My Maytag Bravos washer is 6 years old. I had to have the motor replaced about 2 years ago. Now, it gets stuck on uL on every spin cycle. I had a technician come, and was told it's just cheaper to replace the machine at this point. What happened to the Maytag man of old, the one who never has any work to do because the machines are built so well?!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I bought a Maytag laundry set (washer and dryer, models MVWC565FW and MEDC555DW, respectively), and I concur with the fact that this is the WORST laundry set I have ever owned. The clothes came out of the washer extremely dry and did not come out as clean as expected. In addition, clothes came out with strange spots, especially the dark ones. Now, we wash our dark clothes with fear of damage them. The dryer is also pathetic. I put in a normal load on high for 60 minutes, and they're still very damp. Sometimes I have to repeat the cycle 2 or 3 times. When I compare it with my old laundry set, this is extremely disappointing. And to make things worse, the customer service department doesn't answer you. I sent them a mail, on February 2018, and a month and a half later, I haven't heard back from them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I bought two Maytag appliances and tried to register both. One shows on my Maytag dashboard while the other does not. I've contacted Maytag customer service twice and it has been since 2/20 and no action from Maytag yet. It makes me wonder how well they will respond to warranty issues if we have them. Not a good customer service showing.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Maytag ser5000 washing machine from hell. When called the customer-service stated over the phone there is bearing problem. When the service-man show up, took one look (approx 50 seconds) at the washing machine (which only 4yrs old), stated he is not touching it and not worth to fix it - get this! Due to bearing! Charged me $200 as standard fee. To put salt on the wound, service-name stated: I've should told the customer-service 'bearing problem' which is very well known by Maytag! Therefore, save my $200. Note, I will NEVER buy Maytag appliances!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Washer does not clean very well, clothes are left with spots. The water level is never comparable to the clothes that's in the machine, it causes me to lose a lot of water as well as detergent. This machine is the worst washer we have owned. It's also very noisy.

Original review: March 20, 2018

In October 2017, I purchased a Maytag MVWB765FW0, thinking that it would live up to the Maytag reputation but I will NEVER buy Maytag again. This machine is more suitable to wash industrial canvas rather than clothing and bedding. All the laundry is twisted and mangled and ends up in a large tangled ball at the bottom of the tub. My clothing is being destroyed faster than I can replace it.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Never waste your money and buy Maytag washer. Mine is XL large tub and has extra wash for extra clean. Don't waste your money. Never fills up with enough water. Almost everytime I wash I have to rewash the load because the clothes are still dirty, have soap spots and most of the time the clothes didn't even get wet. Horrible Horrible washer!!! My water bill has gone up a lot because I have to rewash the load so that's twice... I can't even use the XL tub because it won't fill up with water.

Horrible product. Can't believe Maytag is still in business. They don't stand behind product. Called. Complained. They gave me nothing except for some free pods to clean a washer that's only 6 months old. I've tried every cycle to see which one will wash the best. Still Horrible Horrible. Doesn't get anything cleaned. Here I thought nothing could get worse than a front loader? Well the Maytag is worse Horrible product. Don't buy. Don't waste your money. Try another brand!!!

Original review: March 19, 2018

We've always bought Maytag, but this is our last time. The washer is just a piece of junk. It uses very little water and the agitator does not work. The clothes end up at the bottom in a ball. The water level is so low sometimes my clothes aren't even wet. As I type this it has been stuck in the rinse cycle for 2 hours. It just keeps repeating. Maytag should have to replace everyone of the BRAVOS XL washers. I am no longer a loyal customer. I might as well go down to the river and beat my clothes on a rock. At least they would be cleaner. Shame on you Maytag!!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Maytag WASHING MACHINE MVWC200XW - Will not clean our clothing. We have been tolerant of Maytag's disregard for the people who have trusted their product and name over many years. No longer will we purchase a new Maytag or Whirlpool product. They say third time is the charm but I can not afford to take the chance. I wish them luck, they will need it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We have had a Maytag Bravos XL top load washer less than a year. Big Mistake. It was JUNKYARD ready when it came out of the box. Does NOT wash clean. We've tried everything.The agitator looks and acts like a toy. Will not run enough water to wash anything. We had a LG front load before and it's hard to get use to having dirty clothes. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: March 13, 2018

This washer sucks so bad. Just got it a few hours ago and it's absolutely horrible. The water just runs for the wash cycle. And I was told by the salesperson at Best Buy that it would save you water. That's not the case. There is enough water to run over all the clothes. It doesn't agitate enough to even move the clothes around. The clothes basically sit at the bottom of the tub in the water doing nothing. This Maytag Bravo washer will be returned tomorrow. Me and my wife are highly disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. We've decided to just get the old washer fixed and go from there. There are too many bad reviews for this washer to still be on the market. We feel that this was a total waste of time, energy and money.

Maytag Washers & Dryers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

• Best for: Value hunters, families, individuals and customers who want a dependable brand.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs