Maytag Washers & Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My disappointment with this washer (Bravos xl) is that it smells moldy and musty no matter what I do. I clean with affresh when light comes on, leave the top open, etc. I have tried cleaning it with baking soda and vinegar poured down the detergent opening. Water does not drain from the bleach or softener openings. I have resorted to using baking soda in every single wash and adding an extra rinse to keep my clothes from smelling. The laundry room always smells. I would go back to an agitator in a heart beat if this hadn't been so expensive. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE.

My family purchased a New Maytag Washer and dryer about 1 1/2 years ago! Thinking that the name was far more Superior than anything we could afford! What a piece of junk! The washer is nothing but flashing codes! Unlevel this and always stopping and starting over with a wash, when in fact it doesn't shake and bounce itself into the middle of the floor! As best as I can describe, it literally needs Hurricane straps to hold it down! You can never wash a full load because it can't handle it! Now! Onto the pathetic dryer! Several weeks after they were installed was the first scenario with the dryer! We had a representative that does work for Maytag warranty to come and work on it, after telling me over the phone that if in fact the "lint trap" had lint in it, that I would have to pay the service call! Funny!!

So after diagnosis he said the belt broke that runs the exhaust fan! He said it was fixed and went on his merry way! Several months down the road! Same routine! Broken belt that runs the exhaust fan! And once again several more months down the road! Guess what!!! Yep!! Broken belt that runs the exhaust fan!!! So now here we are! I am now into the extended warranty that I purchased from the furniture store which was almost an additional $250.00! And voila!!! It's broken again! So being the fed up person that knows what the answer is going to be, I take the front off the dryer like I have seen done so many times before!!! And what to my surprise do I find?? Another Broken Belt!!! So I am wondering!! Why so many broken belts!

So I take my flashlight and look at the motor and housing that holds the exhaust fan and I notice that in fact the housing that holds the exhaust fan is BROKEN! Therefore, this is the cause for so many broken belts!!! Well, who should be responsible??? I contacted the extended warranty people! What a waste of time! After setting an appointment for Sears to come work on the dryer and after explaining on several Recorded Phone conversations what has taken place! The service man comes to my home and not even 1 minute after entering tells me that he can't work on it because I have "self diagnosed " my dryer! What was the purpose in me explaining to them beforehand what I found??? Why didn't they mention then that I should not have taken it apart or hey put the front back on!!!

Now after causing a ruckus with the furniture company that I have spent well over $50000 with!! They want to supply me with a 1 time Customer Courtesy!!! Of repairing the dryer!!! Oh did I mention that I am a Professional Diesel Mechanic for a major Trucking Company that is far more capable of diagnosing something like this than evidently the person they sent the first 3 times!! NEVER AND I REPEAT, NEVER BUY ANYTHING MAYTAG!!!

We bought the Maytag set of dryer and washer just over 5 years ago with ex. war. The dryer now doesn't heat up but the drum does turn. To fix it would cost about $500 maybe more and the parts may only last a few months. I believe that dryer should last longer when only used about once a week. I am now looking at Speed Queen. Cost more but am told they last longer.

Maytag Bravo Washer and Dryer - We are usually review writers. I just felt it was our duty to help others save their hard-earned dollars and not purchase this product. We have owned this expensive and highly researched set for a bit over 2 years. We have had to have repairmen out a half dozen times for dryer repairs. The washer was purchased with the largest tub because I wanted to be able to wash a full load of sheets or a blanket. NOT!!! It gets off balanced, twists every single item (as in blue jeans, towels, soft t-shirts, etc...any weight or size) into a huge mess and has actually ruined some of my clothing. The dryer gives me error messages all the time.

I am beyond words with my disappointment. We saved a long time for this set and now are absolutely stuck for a long time before we can replace. You know Maytag my message to you is that hard-working people used to trust your company name. I have been married 43 years and we keep our purchases for many years. I have never in all these years been so disappointed in the huge purchase we made thinking it was a lifetime investment. Now I am doing everything I can to save this year so maybe can replace it down the road as soon as we can. I am telling you people reading this... DO NOT BUY THIS SET. IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer. Best washer and dryer I have ever owned. I have owned about every major brand and these are by far the best. My husband is a hog farmer and the washer does a great job. I will always purchase Maytag appliances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Bravos mct. Unbelievable, this washing machine is terrible, no water. The water level doesn't even cover 6 items. Have to wash triple the loads of my old washer just to get the clothes clean. I have to go to the laundromat twice a month. I shouldn't have to do that. Almost want to fill the washer with water, but don't know what will happen. Very unsatisfied with this washer.

I have NEVER written a review however I am compelled to write up and if I can save at least 1 family from making the mistake I did then my review will be worth it so just before Christmas last year I treated myself to a new washer. I looked at so many. Only 2 things on my wish list were 1) American Made and 2) have a large capacity for blankets and bedding. Well, I was so excited about my Maytag Bravos XL Washer but my excitement didn't last long. 4. There is a major design flaw in this machine. I have given it plenty of time and have tried to talk myself to liking it but when you have to wash the white loads at least 3 times to get them clean and still not getting the results expected then it's time to admit to yourself that I made a mistake.

The large capacity drum is an irrelevant because once the clothes are wet they become too heavy for the drum base to actually agitate the clothes. What ends up actually happening is your wet clothes sit in a pile. The user tends to scale the loads back to help the machine. The above problem is partly due to the fact that the machine NEVER fills up the drum with enough water to submerge the clothes where perhaps they would be able to move freely with the base agitator and the drum rotating. This model was marketed as water conserving however we find ourselves washing loads 2-4 times to achieve the desired outcome. Conserving water at this point is a joke... we end up using more water and energy to get a load of clothes clean.

Bleach dispenser does not empty completely during the white cycle even when less than recommended measurements are used. If a load of whites needs to be washed we have to wash with bleach on the 1st go, and then 2 more cycles without bleach. Otherwise anything washed after the whites gets spots of bleach on them. For these and many more reasons this machine should NOT be on the market and especially not for over $800 USD! And I would not want this product to represent US production. It does not deliver on any of it's selling points and is overpriced.

This machine was purchased two years ago at the Home Depot. I wanted a top loader that was not digital and without a lot of choices. It has been nothing but a headache with every wash. I had a Maytag serviceman come out immediately and he said nothing was wrong. Every wash load I do, has problems. The dark loads are always full of white spots and the towels are torn up. Just bought some new towels and after the first wash, they were ruined. I will never ever buy a Maytag machine. These new He machines are ridiculous! I no longer have a receipt, but the complaint should help consumers in their decision to NOT buy a Maytag machine.

Purchased the Bravos XL top load washer a month ago. We work outside daily and our clothes get very dirty. I haven't really taxed the machine yet (I'm doing what I consider a normal load of wash. I know the machine could handle twice as many clothes as it's the 5.3 cubic feet washer, but I haven't had that many clothes to put in at one time). The washer works great. Clothes are clean and smell fresh.

For those that say this washer is extremely loud - you must not have something set up incorrectly. Either the wet pan you put under the machine is making contact with parts it shouldn't or someone didn't level it properly. Really, this is NOT a loud machine. We purchased from Lowe's and they delivered, set up and leveled both the washer and dryer. (Yes, we also purchased the matching Bravos XL front load dryer and were impressed that it dries our clothes in half the time our old one did). We would definitely recommend the Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer.

Maytag Washer 2016 HE top loader. This washer is horrible to use. I hate everything about it. After your clothes are put into the drum and you close lid to start here is what happens EVEN though I select deep water: it puts small amount of water in and then it agitates the whole big load. This is so stupid! Can you imagine a large load of your clothes agitating with a very small amount of water in the drum?

So to get around that problem, you have to push pause button and shut the lid after your soap, softener and then listen until that first amount of water fills and agitates, then you have to push pause and quickly put in your clothes. Then you shut the lid and again push the start button so it will fill with more water. Then if you're lucky in at least an hour your load is finally finished". I hate this washer. My boyfriend bought it and I asked him several times to PLEASE return it. He didn't so now we're stuck with it for God knows how long. The one good thing about this is I will know to never buy one of these for my house.

Maytag Bravos XL Washer and Dryer. How exciting to get a new washer/dryer!! I'm a savvy bargain and quality shopper, but I really messed up here. A little over a year ago, we moved from IL back to TX and I got to buy a new washer AND dryer at the same time (a rarity). I went and looked at SO many washers/dryers and decided on the Maytag Bravos XL because a friend said she loved hers. It had a deep water wash and bedding cycle (for our blankets, comforters, sleeping bags, etc), and I thought that I could throw that wayward sock in after I started the load (unlike our previous front load washer).

Where do I begin with the complaints? (And I'm NOT a complainer - never filled out a review in my life). This is what I sent to Maytag: 1) I'm 5'5" tall and can barely reach the items at the bottom of the drum, along with the lid falling on my head when I'm trying to do so. 2) Forget throwing in the wayward sock - it must finish the cycle it's in before it will let you unlock the lid (Where did locked lids come from anyway? Is that how those missing socks are disappearing - escaping out of unlocked lids? What are we trying to keep in or who are we trying to keep out of the machine? Doors you lock - not washing machines! I don't get it!).

3) Even the deep water/bedding wash cycle does not do the job. Using the exact recommended measurement of HE liquid soap does not get the items clean. What a chore to take something out and have white detergent lines all over it and have to wipe it down with a wet cloth. Sure, I could then do a rinse and spin cycle, but since it doesn't add enough water, it doesn't come out much better. The machine "senses" by weight how much water to use. I am positive that every energy efficient machine is now programmed to add exactly 4 cups of water per load (regardless if it's a comforter or one pair of jeans).

4) Supposedly, we are saving so much water usage, but "energy efficient" is a misnomer - it takes me twice as long to do laundry now. The time factors are ridiculous. There are no quick cycles on this machine. If I have a load of delicate tops that just need a quick wash and rinse before I hang them out (I was not out baling hay in them, so it's not like they are filthy dirty. In Texas, its the sweat that you are trying to eliminate), the least amount of time I can find on a cycle is 45 minutes. I might as well hand wash them all and be done in 5 minutes. But, that was the point of the washing machine - to do the work for me! And forget the deep water wash cycle of 58 minutes, plus the added rinse and spin cycle (to try and remove the white soap line). It's now taken one and one-half hours to try and clean/refresh a barely soiled comforter.

5) The spin cycle is SO efficient, that I have items come out totally dry many times in certain spots. I'm washing a comforter right now and I can guarantee you that when I remove it from the washer, there will be an entire section that looks like it never even got wet. I'm no engineer, but after watching through the see-through lid, the agitation is not working well enough to get to every section.

6) I haven't seen a soap bubble or suds yet. You are told to use such a small amount of detergent, I'm not sure how anything actually gets clean. The clothes are sprinkled with water, agitated a small amount, spun until they are almost dry and voila - the same dirty clothes come out! 7) The dryer has now ruined 2 of my bras as the hooks get caught in the mesh panel at the back. It literally melted part of the bra! I tried hooking them together before I threw them in there, but now have to put them in a lingerie bag to keep them from being mauled and mutilated. I have NEVER in 37 years of marriage and washing had that happen before.

8) I literally could not get my dryer to turn on and a repairman had to come out to the house to show me the amount of pressure I had to use in one finger to start the dryer. I had almost taken a hammer to it before he arrived. Can you imagine pressing the start button on anything - the dishwasher, a hair dryer, a TV remote control, and it not turning on? And all because you pressed too hard or too light? This computer age and electronic panels are killing me! 9) The dryer has the same "locking system" as the washing machine. So, if you didn't see the wayward sock on the floor or between the two units until after you pushed (lightly, of course) the start button, you have to stop the unit before you can open the door to throw the sock in.

I didn't mean to write a novel (about a washer and dryer, no less)! But, I feel better and hope that I have saved one woman from making the same mistake I did. Read those reviews AND believe them. And by the way, my friend who recommended the Bravos XL to me looked at mine and said "That's NOT my washer and dryer." Evidently, mine was the "new and improved" version! So much for that claim!

I changed from another HE brand to this model. No comparison. This machine can do twice the work... but double the time. My former machine was quiet while this one is not. Maybe I got spoiled to the former brand, but I've never heard so much noise from a washing machine! I've always thought Maytag meant quality but I think they may have missed the boat here. I tried reviewing on their site but when I gave it two stars, I got an error message. Clever, Maytag.

Bought a Maytag Washer, in 2010 the Bravo. Good looking washer and dryer. I bought a 4 yr warranty for both. My washer has needed service every yr of the warranty, leaks and has stopped running. Now it is out of warranty and it is leaking again. Was just fixed a little over a year ago. I am now seeing a lot of rust around the top of the washer. It has just about covered the one port where you put the bleach in. The seam around the top in the crease is full of rust. My dryer is fine, bought them both at the same time. I have never seen this on a washer before. My mom has had her Maytag for yrs no problem. I bought these thinking they would last, boy was I wrong.

I purchased my Maytag Bravos XL DRYER June 2, 2015! Paid over $2000 for the washer/dryer set! Well, the dryer just STOPPED working & the repair guy said the "10-year warranty" is just for the drum & quoted me over $600 to replace computer malfunction plus the $80 I had to pay just for him to come look at it and tell me what was wrong! What in the world, that's ridiculous! Now that I'm trying to find someone in corporate to speak to me I can only find retailers! Just wasted money on Maytag & at this point, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A MAYTAG "ANYTHING"!!!

I wrote the below to Maytag on their FaceBook page, of course haven't heard anything back from them. Adding this on since I forgot about it, I have dogs and wash their blankets often, not that they're dirty just for the dog smell. I have to wash them on the sanitize cycle which is an 1.5 hours long because if I use the normal cycle which is only 43 minutes they come out smelling exactly the same way they went in. I saw someone else post that their mother's front loader doesn't put in enough water so I'm wondering if that's what happens to mine. So wish I would have checked the reviews before buying, thought I was getting a great washer buying Maytag.

This is what I wrote on their FB page: I bought a Maytag front loading washer on 5/10/16 which was delivered and set up on 5/13/16. On Wednesday 10/19/16 it stopped working, so just over 5 months from the day it was installed. I called your company on 10/20/16 for repairs, they couldn't get here until today, 10/24, so 5 days with no washer. The customer service rep had all the details on what happened and I'm sure passed them along to the repair company. He ran diagnostics, said it was the drain pump which was obvious even to me, but claimed to not have one with him even though they were in stock. Can't make it back until Wednesday, so two more days with no washer.

He then proceeded to tell me that the dryer had to come off (stacked on top since the washer is a front loader) before he got back, that the warranty wouldn't cover two people coming out. So I'm supposed to spend more money to hire someone to come out, take off the dryer and then pay them again to come back and put it back on. I called the customer service department again and was told they don't cover "installation" which stacking is. She said the warranty doesn't cover stacked units, as far as I can find that isn't stated in the warranty so please let me know where that is stated in writing.

So I have a just over 5-month-old washer that needs repair already (bodes well for the future doesn't it??), will be without a washer for almost a week because the repairman didn't bring the most obvious part with him (maybe wanted to be paid for two calls?) and have to pay someone else for "installation" so it can be fixed. So where's the Maytag man? I am not a happy customer and will be letting as many people know as possible. I'll be in the market for other new appliances soon, will sure as hell make sure they're not made by Maytag, Whirlpool et all.

This washer is the worst! Don't buy it! I paid a huge amount of money only to have it break down in 3 years! My husband and I live without children so our use is minimal. The spin cycle started to make a noise sounding like an airplane taking off. The repairman said it could be fixed for $800 and his service call, he told me that there were over 2400 complaints with this washer for the same product. He also told me not to use it while I'm out to avoid the risk of flooding my home! Save your money and DON'T BUY MAYTAG products.

I dislike Sears and more so Maytag. I bought a Maytag Bravo XL MCT. It worked nice with very few hiccups until 1 1/2 years old. Then the washer went to the lock and done mode, thought it might be the lid switch down the washer up. Looks like I would need to change out the whole panel. It's not worth the trouble OR time to put one dollar to repair the piece of **.

Purchased a Maytag Centennial top load washer that will not fill with enough water to wash clothes. The washer was purchased from Lowe's on August 17, 2016 and we tried to return but Lowe's refused because we were passed the required 30 day return period. We contacted the Maytag company and they sent out service people who reported that there was nothing we could do other than wash small loads. The company also reported that if we tried any of the solutions on the web we would violate our Warranty. Since we find ourselves in this spot (we should have read all the bad reviews here before the purchase) we have decided to place the machine in a very visible spot across from a new 100 store shopping center on a truck with a 4x8 sign warning the public not to purchase this product.

I can't warn you enough NOT to buy this design flawed machine. I've only owned mine two months from Home Depot, the install was a nightmare and now due to a poor design flaw, if you miss loose coins or anything in pockets it will get trapped between the drum and the tub causing rattling and noise during spin cycle. Guess what? Service calls EACH time this happens. This is nothing more than a $750 piece of junk. I feel like it's marring the whole feel of my new house. I hate hate hate this washer and am trying to get Home Depot to take it back, Maytag to refund me or sell it at a huge loss. This is NOT getting anything you pay for and I vow to NEVER EVER buy Maytag again.

Purchased new stove from Home Depot. Was delivered damaged after I opened it. Called Maytag and they cannot get a service man there to look at it. They keep on telling me I have a 30 day unconditional warranty, yet they cannot live up to their words. Absolutely amazing. Bought the Maytag because of the 10 year warranty. Do not waste your time. Buy locally at an appliance store not big box stores. Do not buy Maytag either - service is just a bunch of well qualified talkers and key punchers. Very poor buying experience.

Maytag bravos xl - HORRIBLE at washing and cleaning the clothes. Broke a little after a year... Went to Maytag site, saw that they push 10 yr warranty. Transmission went out... but not covered?? Garbage.

I bought this washer (Maytag HE) almost a year ago, and if I could redo my choice, I would not choose this machine. There is no separate spin cycle. Often items are left with quite a bit of water in at the end of the wash cycle (often literally dripping as you transfer to the dryer), and you can't just rearrange them in the washer and then spin again. The only option on the washer is to both rinse and spin, which almost never helps get out more water. So you then have a heavy load in the dryer, much longer dryer time, and higher utility bills to get some loads dry, especially bath towels, sheets, jeans, etc. The washer is large capacity, but if you fill it more than 1/2 to 2/3 full (depending on the heaviness of your items) the spin cycle definitely will not get nearly enough water out of the clothes. The lid on the washer is SLOPED!

The most ridiculous design I have ever seen for a washer, everything you set on top, even for a moment - laundry detergent, folded clothes, wet clothes - ends up on the floor. And the lack of agitator means at the end of the cycle, some loads that contain a sheet or any large flat item (tablecloth, etc.) the rest of the items are captured below the larger flat item that is over them like a mushroom cap. You can't tell how long the items have been like that in the washer, but it's hard to imagine they are getting properly cleaned and rinsed. You absolutely cannot use powder stain removers, especially OxiClean, unless you are using the oxi cycle (much longer than regular cycle) because with any other cycle you will have white cloudy patches on all your clothes and items where the powder dissolved in the water but did not rinse out. You have to manually scrub them out, as putting these items through another wash cycle does not remove all the spots.

I purchased these appliances on 02-10-16 from Home Depot in Loganville Ga., for almost $2000.00. I filed the first repair call less than 3 weeks after delivery. The sensor panel was "bad" and had to be replaced. Now 8 months later the washer is not starting, AGAIN. The dryer will only dry one load a day or you get the AF code. This means that the dryer cannot push air over 5' or so and we need to have a vent booster fan (an additional $200.00) installed plus have an electrician run a new outlet. I returned to Home Depot with my complaint. Feeling that I have an inferior product, they tried to get Maytag to make it right. Maytag refused to offer any solutions whatsoever. Home Depot refunded a little over $300.00 for my inconvenience.

The washer is an absolute ill-conceived piece of junk. It is ROUGH on clothing and does not remove soap. I started out with brand new (expensive) towels when I purchased this machine and 8 months later all of the hems have been snatched off and they're unraveling and falling apart and are slowly becoming car wash towels.

You cannot wash delicates in this machine and allow it to spin. Underwires in bras are badly misshaped or broken completely. You cannot wear them afterwards without being gouged by bent wires. The only way around this is to take away the spin cycle, but you better be ready with a clean garbage can to haul the dripping clothes elsewhere and hung up to drip dry. The washer has NEVER removed all of the soap from bed sheets. I have a dark gray set that show the soap best. Now I have to wash once with soap then wash again with no soap. This negates the machines being "efficient".

Unfortunately, I found the negative reviews AFTER buying the machine. My complaints are well known to Maytag, seeing has to how the same complaints are found online as far back as 8 years ago. I have been brand loyal for 30+ years to Whirlpool and thought that I was moving up with a Maytag, based on my parents' 50 year experience... I was wrong! I will never purchase another Maytag product nor Whirlpool since Whirlpool now owns Maytag. I have researched and am of the opinion that Speed Queen is a far better product and plan to junk this set and replace them with Speed Queen.

Bravo Series Washer and Dryer. I hate, hate, hate this washer and dryer. I have had it for 2 years and hate it more every day. What makes is worse is the over $2,000 spent to buy this piece of crap technology. The engineer should be fired and sham on Maytag for selling such a piece of crap. Washer does not get clothes clean and I have pictures to prove the amount of dirt and lint and soap left on clothes and bedding. Very poor design, and worse yet absolutely horrible engineering.

To wash one item on delicate takes 47 minutes. No way around it and you are limited to the water temperature you want to use and the spin cycle that you want for that item. Water level is too low no matter what setting you use. I have read and reread and gone step by step according to instructions with no success of clothes coming out clean. Clothes are also twisted and knotted and wrinkled like no other machine I have used in over 50 years. The washer is very limited in what it allows you to do. Bedding cycle is a joke that does not work at all. One of the reasons I bought this was so that I would no longer have to take the time to drive to a laundromat. I washed a comforter and so much soap and lint and dirt was left on the comforter. I still had to take it to the laundromat to get it clean.

Dryer is just as bad. Even with the energy saver off it still takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to dry 4 towels that are 5 years old. I can't imagine how long it would take to dry brand new fluffy towels. It was engineered to sense when ONE piece of clothing is dry. I want ALL my clothes dry, not one piece and the machine shut off. How stupid is that??? Engineers - design it so it senses when clothes are still damp and the machine keeps running!!! I can only use the time dry setting because no other setting even comes close to getting the clothes dry.

To top off the hatred of this machine some damn engineer apparently thought this was a car and needed to be aerodynamic with a curved lid on both washer and dryer so you cannot put anything on top of the machine!!! Not every house is 5,000 square feet with plenty of room and storage!!! They want to force you to buy the drawers to put underneath and then the washer becomes too tall for short people to reach down into to get the clothes out. There is not one positive thing I can say about the washer and on top of it I will never purchase another item from the store I bought this set from. I have had service come out time and time again and they say it is an installation problem. Installation says it is service and yet no one will admit it is just a very poorly designed machine. Do not buy this brand or series of washer and dryers. This series deserves a minus and the company should replace every set sold!!!

For families where people work in gardens, work on vehicles and get just plain dirty doing things anywhere outdoors these agitator-less machines are not for you or me. I've had mine for two years and I truly dislike it (Model MVWC425BW1). With different products I scrub dirt and grease stains on pants before they are put into the washer, scrub again when they come out of the wash and then scrub and wash again a few more times but I cannot get all the dirt out. I now work more on laundry and harder since I got this machine.

This agitator-less machine is designed for people who don't get really dirty - just remove everyday perspiration and household grime. I think this machine was designed by engineers who have never done daily laundry for any length of time and theoretically thought it would clean really dirty clothes. They were really wrong! Having done laundry for 50 years, I now know that an agitator cleans better. It would be nice if other women and I, who have done laundry for years, could be on focus groups about developing new washing machines.

As with most other owners I am dissatisfied with the cleaning action of the machine. I suspect, that in an attempt to garner "green" bonus points, the engineers have tweaked the cleaning water amount to the absolute minimum that may do the job and lengthened the wash cycle to the point that laundry for two average adults is an all day affair. Only get a decent washing job if you make very small loads. If you put a set of king cotton sheet in the machine, you will find that the machine manipulates them into the shape of your compact spare tire, and when you take them out... you will find many sections where the water did not reach... bone dry! Reload, rewash, ground hog day with each load. Can't wait for it to throw a bearing so I can get something else.

I've read a few reviews and would have to agree. This is the worse washer I have ever purchased. I agree clothes go in dirty and come out dirty. I have to hand wash clothes to get them clean and won't even mention how long it takes a white t shirt to start looking like it was placed in mud vs being placed in a washer. Called Maytag and they said I was loading it wrong even though I was loading it as suggested by the manual. Then they suggested it needed service. I think not after reading these reviews.

The irony is that I had called for service on a front loader due to prolonged washing cycles, the repairman was as useful as this MayTag washer. Come to find out I replaced a perfectly functioning washer, intake screen on cold water needed to be cleaned, for this piece of useless metal. I guess since reading that Maytag doesn't value its customers by offering some type of consideration I will replace this piece of crap. Please don't buy the Bravo series. You will be sorry and you will never have whites white again.

Please do not buy a Maytag washer top loader. It does not get enough water and it does not clean your clothes. It is the noisiest cheapest made machine out there. If you have kids you really need to bypass this one. I have had this for 10 months and it's only me. Please especially if you have children stay away from it. I'm the most unhappiest camper Maytag ever had.

I bought the Bravo XL HP Washer and Dryer in 2014. Dryer is great but the washer just after having it 1 yr started making awful noises. Had a repair man come which cost me money and was told the bearing went out and I needed a new one. He said it would cost over 700.00. I didn't fix it as I could buy a new one for that price. I did that. I hate the washer. It doesn't get the clothes clean and the cycles are long. My clothes don't feel or look as good. I have to leave the top open or it smells awful. So, I got the new washer 1 yr after the other one in 2015. It is now 2016 and it is making noises. Theses washers need to be recalled and we should be able to get a different one or our money back. Please, do something about these washers as a lot of us are stuck with them.

2 years ago I purchased a Maytag Washer & Gas Dryer. Unfortunately, I did not invest or believe in extended warranties. I believe in trying to buy quality products. The door on the washer would not open and 2 error codes were displayed. I was trying to add another piece of laundry and the washer had just started. I canceled the load, waited for the door lock light to go out, but the door would not open. The error codes began displaying E3 and F5. I immediately went to the Maytag website for a resolution. The suggestions did not work and was instructed to obtain service if they did not. I called for a service call for $35, but was told that the repair would be over $300 for parts and that was not including labor. The parts I needed were a control panel and a part for the door lock.

This was not a Maytag Company service tech and he told me that this happens because the parts are plastic. Currently, besides a Maytag Washer & Dryer I have a microwave, stove, and dishwasher that are also Maytag. When I replace these appliances, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MAYTAG PRODUCT. I expect the quality and life of an appliance to be more than 2 years, without buying an extended warranty. When I told a friend what had happened with my Maytag Washer, she told me that she had a Maytag Washer broke down with a control panel problem, and she couldn't remember the other part. She informed me that her repair was over $500.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.
  • Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.
  • Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.
  • Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.
  • Best for Value hunters, families, individuals and customers who want a dependable brand.

Compare Washers and Dryers