3.1/5 (6657 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

I’ve been waiting for a repair guy since Dec. 22/22. Maytag scheduled 4 appts. No shows. Not even a call. Really poor service. Non existent. Bought from Home Depot. I won’t buy from this business again. When I bought it they said they’d deliver. Then no - I had to pick up and install. It’s level. And noisy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I finally had enough of this Maytag Bravos junk. It is always out of balance and it shakes and jumps around like crazy, at one point I wedged a piece of 2"x4" between the wall and the machine to try and keep it in place. I leveled it a dozen times thinking I am doing something wrong. Problem is when it does this it shuts itself down then tries to rinse and spin again, it goes crazy again then the cycle starts again. We have to stop it, re-balance the load and try again. This can go on for 3 or 4 tries, it just keeps losing its balance. When it starts jumping around it comes off the floor an inch or two, it's crazy.

I reached out to Maytag via the Canadian website and booked a service call, Maytag service guys come's out, runs it when it's empty and tells us there is nothing wrong with it, just have to make sure the load is balanced. So what I understood is we have to make sure that we watch the machine and when it wants to go into spin we have to open it, make sure it's balanced every time we do a wash because this happens on pretty much every load.

Last night we put in 5 towels, it was a busy night and we forgot about it. Our house is large and we can't really hear anything from our bedroom but when I woke up this morning I could hear the washing machine jumping around. I went downstairs and realized it was the same load from last night. So this thing had been doing this all night, about 11 hours of trying to spin and drain and jumping around. I shut it down re-balanced the load and put it on drain and spin, waited a moment and it unbalanced itself and started jumping around again. I stopped it again, took out one towel and re-balanced the rest and started it again. Sure enough it unbalanced itself and bounced around like crazy so I stopped it and took another towel out and rebalanced the 3 remaining towels. Finally, success, it worked. My wife came down to see what I was doing and I told her I solved the problem, you can only wash 3 towels at a time. Great machine.

What I don't understand is every time it shuts itself down it starts the rinse and spin cycle again, so it fills itself, the clothing float around and it loses its balance again and again. No idea how many cycles it went through last night. We have had this machine approximately 3 years, it did it from the get go but not that often, I always thought I was not balancing it right but it got worse. Maytag service charged me almost $200 to tell me there is nothing wrong. Can't afford to keep these guys coming back.

I'll probably just buy my wife a new machine, but you have probably guessed it, it won't be a Maytag or any of the companies related to Maytag. This has been frustrating and I feel I want to tell everyone and anyone that will listen, stay away from this machine, I have read about others doing the same thing, it is an issue, Maytag knows about it and they send service people to tell you nothing is wrong even though I show him videos of this thing trying to jump out of the room.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Got a brand new washer and dryer 5 years ago at Breault and Martineau. My washer stopped spinning last month and now my dryer can't even heat. So after 5 years they both broke. I'm so angry I can't even afford a new set let alone a used washer and dryer. So I'm washing with my hands and air drying my clothes on hangers (can't outside, it's winter). I'm angry and for someone that's bought for 2000$ of Electromenager and they broke it's just stealing people's money.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Ordered a Whirlpool stacked for a closeted area. Thought it would be fine as I bought one a few years ago for my tenant. However, A Maytag arrived. Absolutely terrible. Noisiest, shakiest machine. I won't leave it on wash and go out due to its hammering. I have owned many washers, this is the equivalent to me as buying dress shoes at a dollar store. Will never trust Maytag/Whirlpool again. Whichever company dominates the buyout, this product is terrible and given the downsizing demographics, this is an expanding market, someone in quality control is not in sync with marketing. They are selling like a company looking to sell quickly, grab the money and run. How disappointing. I should have bought the Bosch but did not want stinky front load rubber issues on most front loaders, trusted the Whirlpool/Maytag name. I won't do that again. Waste of almost two thousand dollars.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I have had this washer for 5 years. It stopped working and after research I found out the hub needed to be changed. We called technician from Maytag and he can figure out how to open the washer plate. He said the 'only' way was to bust it up and take it out. Which means new washer plate. This was quoted at $280 then when he comes back he then says the transmission needs to be changed since the part from the washer plate was stuck on it. You guessed it. Price up to $460. This was done with his supervisor there when he quoted me this amount. Well after he changes that and then says, "Oh yeah the hub needed to be changed." (No kidding buddy.) He still quotes 460. 2 weeks later still waiting for the invoice. I had to call customer service for the invoice and the price jumped to $740. Like what the hell. Great way to cheat your customers.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

We are very unhappy with Maytag. Our dryer failed to heat only after only 1 1/2 years. We are a household of only 2 adults so it was not overused! The technician replaced the high-limit thermostat (dryer thermistor/thermal fuse) worked for 2 cycles only, then came back and replace the heating element. Surprisingly the Full Warranty is only for a year - the Limited Warranty covers only items that probably won’t break- So I ended up with over a $400 bill. Continuing issues and the third visit….The technician was at my house 3x’s finally giving in because I wouldn’t approve for the attempted replacement of the computer board that now reads an error-F2E1. There is no guarantee that would solve the issues and I would end up paying more than the dryer itself. There’s obviously no good way to diagnose the issues without replacing all the obvious parts.

We never saw an error message on the display before that and I also have the app on my phone - again there was NEVER an error message. I’m waiting to hear from Maytag. I wish there was a better way than phone to contact them so I can send them this information as well as the technicians’ findings. I, unfortunately, purchased another Maytag dryer due to matching the washer.. Crossing my fingers that it’s not another LEMON… Also purchased the extended warranty from Lowe's. I’m sure I’ll have to fight with them if there is a problem, like every other warranty company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Bought a Maytag top loader washer Mod MVW7232HW0 2 years ago. Near top line model. The clutch won't engage the drum and there are motherboard issues. I was on hold with Maytag support phone number for 45 minutes to find out no one could look at it for 30 days. Got a local Maytag authorized repair to review it for a $650 quote and the parts would take 6 more days. Don't buy a Maytag washer. Same company makes Amana, Whirlpool and Frigidaire. Seems quality and reliability means nothing.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Bought our Maytag washer three years ago at Best Buy and I never liked how it cleaned (or didn't clean!), it always leaves soap residue on my darker clothes. Now 3 years in it stopped working and we got a quote to fix it and it's a broken transmission and will be $700.00 to fix. Time to go to a different store and buy a different brand.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I bought a Maytag washer at Lowe's. What a joke. Less than a year old and it won't complete a wash cycle on any setting. This new fangle garbage is awful. It takes too long to wash a load of clothes. You can't put much clothes as it starts being unbalanced. I don't recommend Maytag at all.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I just bought a Maytag washer 5 months ago and it broke. Maytag Corp refuses to stand behind their product and won't replace it. They said they will fix it (the motor) but it will take 2 months for them to get it. In the meantime, I will not have a washer for 2 months. THANKS, MAYTAG.

Maytag Washers & Dryers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information