Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2020

Washer water level sucks low at max levels kept freezing. Bought mtw7230. Its junk agitator doesn't rub good. Not like dual action agitator and when I start cycle says 34 min but I timed it takes one hour. Same goes to 1:30 to 2 hours takes 10 min for water to pour in spins for nothing. I sent it back. 965 I paid.

Original review: March 26, 2020

This washing machine is garbage! We paid almost 1000$ for it and it damaged most of our clothes. We believe this washer was released from Maytag with a functional problem. Because it does not drain the water and soap properly, therefore it leaves white stains on the clothes after it is done. Please see in the picture. After recommendation from Lowes we clean washed with Affresh for many times, it did not fix the issue! We called Maytag customer warranty service. They sent a technician and his solution did not solve our problem. We called them again and they said if they send a technician again they might charge us 130$. We think Maytag warranty is a waste of time and energy. They are useless. We will never ever buy anything from Maytag.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have always loved Maytag but this top load washer is a bust. I purchased this higher dollar energy efficient washing machine to hopefully get the value out of it for years to come. Model MVWC565F. 4.2 Cu Ft. I use good quality liquid laundry detergent. I launder adult clothing (including business casual wear), sheets, towels and pet blankets. Occasionally the 20+ something children do their laundry while home.

I often have dry spots on my clothes where they never got actually wet. I switched to only using the deep water cycle; however, this does not immerse the load in water. The smaller my load the less likely to get clean. I've adapted to only have large loads but I still do not feel my clothes are getting clean. I often have to run the load a second time to not only remove ordinary day-of-wearing smells (very noticeable in socks for example) but to get them all wet and free of soapy/linty-like spots left on the clothes from the washer (most notable on black leggings, dress pants, etc). I always do my towels and bedding separate from daily clothing, so this is not coming from having a mixed load.

I have also noticed that the load takes much longer (up to 2 hours) for my washing cycle. How is this energy efficient? It uses less water but more electricity? I miss my old fully-immerse-in-water washing machine that washed in under an hour! Love the dry that I bought with this but not the washing machine!! I do not recommend this washing machine!!

Original review: March 18, 2020

We bought a top-loading Maytag washing machine in January 2020, and are very disappointed. Clothes do not come out clean. We called the Maytag call-center and were told that “high efficiency machines are different”. They use much less water to be green, but now I have to wash items several times, negating any energy conservation. This also takes more of my time. If we use the “deep water” option and power cycle, clothes are almost clean; however, it takes 1 hour and 45 minutes per cycle. My 18-year-old Whirlpool washed clothes beautifully in under 45 minutes. This brand-new Maytag is NOT an improvement. We use the correct HE detergent and have tried with warmer water, and all of the different cycles, but still do not get acceptable results. The Maytag washing machine is not effective at the one thing it is designed to do, clean clothes. Our specific model is MVWC565FW1, however the saleperson told us that all models are similar.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I would highly recommend NOT purchasing a Maytag or Amana product. I have a Maytag fridge and an Amana dryer and am very unsatisfied. My brand new Amana dryer doesn't work any better than my 13 year old Kenmore dryer. I was told they would try to help me with both items, but still 100% dissatisfied. I called about the fridge and was told a manager would call me back, but they never called back. I am shocked with the lack of customer service and recommend buying another brand if you want it to last for years.

Sincerely,

Amanda

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: March 16, 2020

I purchased a Maytag Bravo HE washer and dryer! The biggest mistake I ever made! Three inches of water is max for a load of clothes! This is max full or actually empty. The washer was a third full of clothes and only the bottom layer was wet when it went into rinse! After pulling a calf I really wanted the top pants washed. Nope. Went in dirty and dry to the rinse cycle to spread the bacteria throughout the load. The soap was still laying on the dry clothes on top. Repair guy spent two hours and couldn't get enough water to at least dampen all the clothes in the wash cycle. I would like to see how much cow afterbirth bacteria was still in clothes. I didn't buy a machine to dry wash my clothes! I have asked for my money back on the pair through the performance warranty. We'll see! I am not giving it a star as it doesn't earn one!

Original review: March 14, 2020

Bought these in March of 2016. Got a 3 year warranty. In Feb 2019 the dryer burnt out the switch. Just by a hair it was covered. Now started working only on one cycle. The Washer with a 10 year limited warranty just stopped working out of the blue. ONLY 4 years old. Seriously???? during the Coronavirus outbreak!!!! I am beyond upset with this manufacturer. Geez my Kenmore washer and dryers lasted 17 years!!! My Whirlpools lasted 21 years!!!! What kind of junk are you putting on the market???? I was told at Lowes these were state of the Art machines - the best!!!! Here I am so stressed wondering what the Hell I'm to do! Never buying Maytag again.

Original review: March 11, 2020

My old washing machine was about 25 years old but still doing a fantastic job getting the laundry done. When the dryer died we decided to replace both machines so they'd match. I had been setting money aside for years in preparation for this purchase. I've only had them for two weeks and I stay awake at night wondering what GENIUS decided you can get clothes cleaner in a tablespoon of water than you can in an adequate amount of water?! My old washer could wash a load of laundry in about 20 minutes. Again, what GENIUS decided taking over an hour to wash a load of laundry in a tablespoon of water was a better way?! What working woman would choose to double the time needed to do laundry and then not feel confident that the clothes are clean?!!! I am so mad and frustrated and disappointed and I don't know what to do. I wish I could yell at somebody!!!

Original review: March 9, 2020

We had perfectly working 20 year old top loading white Whirlpools w/ an agitator, when we remodeled our home and wanted new pretty grey appliances and decided to donate our machines to the church. I chose Maytag top loading due to their "former reputation" we experienced with dishwashers, etc. It had an agitator, deep fill option, extra rinse, etc. The sales person at Home Depot stated, the agitator is because people like you still want the agitator, and the deep fill will give you the water you have been used to. Not so at all!!

Clothes get wound up together, even with filling the wash tub in bundles, there is almost "NO" water to thoroughly clean & the rinse cycle is a joke. Clothes do NOT come out clean. I'm 58 yrs. old and have been doing laundry since I was 13 so I know what I am doing. It's just my husband and I now, and he is so upset that his clothes are pilling probably from rubbing together, even though I occasionally use laundry bags. I seriously wish I would have saved my money and kept the 2 perfectly working whirlpool units I had. This has been such a disappointment. I sincerely would not buy these.

P.S. We've had service out at least 5 times in the last year, and all they do is test the washer and tell us "it's working as intended"... The last thing that is going to happen is we are going to get refunded for a different set, even though we were educated over and over what it would do by Home Depot associates. We are heartbroken. Maytag is going to lose their former reputation on these washers a dryers :( There is simply not enough water to clean or rinse things!

Original review: March 7, 2020

It is impossible to dry clothes in the dryer without the worst wrinkles you can imagine. I have 2 of them and they are both horrible machines!! The drum spins too fast which causes the clothes to get stuck against the tumbler fins. The centrifugal force holds them there and they just ride around without tumbling in the drum. When the cycle is finished the clothes have been dryer while jammed up against the fins and they are so wrinkled you have to wash them again. The ONLY way to get them through a drying cycle without a tremendous amount of wrinkles is to stop the machine every 5-8 minutes and fluff the clothes around inside the drum by hand. DO NOT BUY!!

Maytag Washers & Dryers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

• Best for: Value hunters, families, individuals and customers who want a dependable brand.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information

553 Benson Rd.
      Benton Harbor
      MI
      www.maytag.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.