Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Both work good. Washer could be a little lower and it has quit rinsing and I cannot use it. But it is 9 years old, I think for their age they were a good buy. I plan to get the washer repaired because have been satisfied with how clean it gets my clothes and it washes pretty quick. I got the large capacity and with a very large load the washer gets them clean. The dryer is very good. It is just as good on a large load as small, dries quick. I would buy this type washer and dryer again and would definitely recommend it to folks. I have been very happy with this washer and dryer. The paint is coming off the washer where you put detergent and fabric softener in and it has rusted out some but it is getting a little age on it so this is expected. I like it, I can throw my comforter in and it gets it clean and the large loads always come out great. I think anyone who bought the set would be very happy with it. It is also quiet which I like.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a 2006 model Maytag Top load Washer and Dryer used 9 years ago January 2010 to replace a 2009 Samsung front load washer/dryer. I had to replace the agitator on Maytag washing machine before I could use it. Fast forward November 2018 the washing machine stopped agitating the clothes, but would spin the water out. I replaced 2 belts and thoroughly cleaned underneath and inside washer to remove soap residue. Maytag washing machine has been used twice a week since 2010-2019 and still going strong. Maytag dryer has never had any issues. I also own a set of 25+ year old Maytag Washer/Dryer both still working.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have owned this Maytag washer model # MVWC360AW0 since Dec/2013. I do not have a single complaint about this machine. It has worked flawlessly for 5 years and am very happy with it. I just follow common sense maintenance like cleaning it once every month (do a full cycle with just borax & baking soda 1/2 cup each) no clothes of course. Another thing I do is to leave it open after I am done washing so it dries completely before I close the lid. The washer looks and works like new, can't be happier...

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Bought the Maytag high efficiency washing machine with the auto-sensing and deep water wash feature. It took some getting use to because of all the washing choices and different noises it makes. Auto-sensing seems to use very little water which is strange but clothes seem to come out clean. Best bet for me is like the old school way and use deep water wash and "light" load which is shorter and that's most efficient power wise but will use more water which is fine by me. Also bought the matching dryer and that's a 5 star review. Excellent product.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

After seeing all the bad reviews about Maytag I decided to write my review, we purchased a Maytag washer and dryer 1990 when moving into our new home, and we still have the same set. Now it does not have a motherboard which I feel today is the major problem with most appliances. Get away from the motherboards. Turn the machine on and off when it's supposed to, or let it run its Cycles. Don't overfill, because this causes wearing motor parts. The dryer belt wore out on the dryer but that was an easy replacement. I'm a woman of 64 and get it myself. Maytag I hope that you get back to the plain ol' simple washer and dryer because mine is probably going to wear out which I hope not but I would so love to get the same set I got now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

1. can not get enough water in the Maytag machine to cover the clothes.

2. All of the clothes come out twisted.
3. After watching the machine wash the clothes I notice that agitator did not move all of the clothes down into the water, and that was probably because there was not enough water in the tub.
4. The machine gets out of balance easily and at that time the machine door is locked and you need to push the pause button and wait for it to unlock the door.
5. It's louder than my old Kenmore washer that we have had for 15 years.

6. The Maytag dryer does not dry as fast as my old Kenmore dryer that we have had for 15 years.

Bottom line is I would not buy another Maytag product. Do your homework.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We bought our new Maytag top loading washer and matching dryer about 2 years ago. I am a busy woman so I haven't had the time to write a review, but today being my day off, once again I find myself frustrated and disappointed with this set. The washing machine has a huge capacity, which was a huge selling point for me, however, if I put more than a small load in, the clothes come out still dirty, stinky and even have dry spots on them where they weren't even in contact with the water. Even on "deep fill" it cleans the clothes inadequately, but at least they get wet. The dryer leaves the clothing rough and wrinkled unless I use the delicate setting, which I do for all cloths, and I use fabric softener liquid and a dryer sheet.

I had a front load washer and dryer before, and my clothes came out clean and beautifully soft, but I replaced them because of the musty smell problem from the washer. I wish I would have kept them and figured it out. This set is the worst and I spent so much money on them. It takes so long to wash a load of laundry, and there is no way to interrupt a cycle without it draining and starting over completely. I have tons of laundry to do and I started 2 hours ago and the first load is still going. Geesh!!! Don't buy a Maytag. I paid for the extended warranty, but they are not broken. They have sucked from the very beginning.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019
Imagine being excited getting home with a beautiful, brand new Maytag front-loader, high capacity washer with all the whistles and bells. That’s how they come these days. Then, move ahead, less 18 months after that, and it doesn’t work. There’s only a one-year warranty but you figure, “Well, repairs are repairs.” But you find out that what’s wrong is a very expensive electronic part in the machine, either a user interface or a brain board that is going to cost $300. And by the time you pay for the installation and everything, you’re looking at $400 in repairs, plus. So you’re paying, again, after less than two years, half again what you paid for the machine in total for a repair. Maytag knows that there’s a certain number of defective machines. It’s about 10%. Just because a machine works for 18 months doesn’t mean that it’s not defective, because there’s lots of other of their machines that you find, it’s only really about 10%. I think that there should be an extended warranty on the electronics of these machines.
Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Disturbing that this product made it into production. I have the matching dryer too, and it's just as bad. First the washer rolls up clothes into a tight ball better than I could do if I did it by hand. Then it spins, setting the wrinkles in thoroughly. Then, even though I shake out the clothes before putting in dryer, after the clothes come out of the dryer (without letting them sit in there) - the clothes look like someone drove over them with a car while they were rolled up in a ball. Bonus: the clothes don't even get dried. I've watched the clothes in the dryer, the drum is designed so the clothes stick to the outside of it and go around, they never actually tumble or get any air circulation. What a disastrous product.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Maytag Bravos XL Washing Machine. After purchasing a supposed top-of-the-line product, the control panel went out after only 2 years of use. After paying over $300 for a new part, it broke again after only 6 months. Maytag sent a defective part and would not cover the service and repair costs. Their customer service department was not helpful and could care less about customer satisfaction. It's an awful company that has gone downhill both in terms of product quality and customer service. I will never buy another Maytag product again.

Maytag Washers & Dryers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

• Best for: Value hunters, families, individuals and customers who want a dependable brand.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs