Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

3049 Maytag Washers & Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Both work good. Washer could be a little lower and it has quit rinsing and I cannot use it. But it is 9 years old, I think for their age they were a good buy. I plan to get the washer repaired because have been satisfied with how clean it gets my clothes and it washes pretty quick. I got the large capacity and with a very large load the washer gets them clean. The dryer is very good. It is just as good on a large load as small, dries quick. I would buy this type washer and dryer again and would definitely recommend it to folks. I have been very happy with this washer and dryer. The paint is coming off the washer where you put detergent and fabric softener in and it has rusted out some but it is getting a little age on it so this is expected. I like it, I can throw my comforter in and it gets it clean and the large loads always come out great. I think anyone who bought the set would be very happy with it. It is also quiet which I like.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a 2006 model Maytag Top load Washer and Dryer used 9 years ago January 2010 to replace a 2009 Samsung front load washer/dryer. I had to replace the agitator on Maytag washing machine before I could use it. Fast forward November 2018 the washing machine stopped agitating the clothes, but would spin the water out. I replaced 2 belts and thoroughly cleaned underneath and inside washer to remove soap residue. Maytag washing machine has been used twice a week since 2010-2019 and still going strong. Maytag dryer has never had any issues. I also own a set of 25+ year old Maytag Washer/Dryer both still working.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Bought the Maytag high efficiency washing machine with the auto-sensing and deep water wash feature. It took some getting use to because of all the washing choices and different noises it makes. Auto-sensing seems to use very little water which is strange but clothes seem to come out clean. Best bet for me is like the old school way and use deep water wash and "light" load which is shorter and that's most efficient power wise but will use more water which is fine by me. Also bought the matching dryer and that's a 5 star review. Excellent product.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

After seeing all the bad reviews about Maytag I decided to write my review, we purchased a Maytag washer and dryer 1990 when moving into our new home, and we still have the same set. Now it does not have a motherboard which I feel today is the major problem with most appliances. Get away from the motherboards. Turn the machine on and off when it's supposed to, or let it run its Cycles. Don't overfill, because this causes wearing motor parts. The dryer belt wore out on the dryer but that was an easy replacement. I'm a woman of 64 and get it myself. Maytag I hope that you get back to the plain ol' simple washer and dryer because mine is probably going to wear out which I hope not but I would so love to get the same set I got now.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

During 2018 we purchased Maytag Bravos top loader to replace antique KitchenAid. Very dissatisfied at first, but luckily found the settings that makes my machine work very well on every cycle. First add 1/2 gallon of water to empty tub. Add detergent. Set controls at: Soil Level-Heavy; Wash temp - Warm; Main dial - Bulky Sheets; Extra Rinse - ON; Fabric Softner - OFF. Can now load full tub of clothes and more detergent if desired. Press start button and water covers it entirely. It works so well now, that I went from I hate it to I love it. Been going for two perfect months with no issues. Weird but true. Hope this helps you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Bought the set at Home Depot. The gear box went out after 2 1/2 months of use. I called the manufacturer warranty site and spent close to an hour on the phone then was given an appointment to have a service repair person "look" at it. Two days before the scheduled service call they called and said they would have to move the appointment out by a week. After diagnosing the problem, oil all over the floor and stained clothes from the oil, was told it could be up to 2 weeks until the part arrived and installed. So my warranty is being used up while the machine is out of service for a month. Beware of buying a Maytag!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I would have given this washer/dryer a 0 star, but wasn't able to. Bought the pair and first thing, couldn't get enough water in the tub, clothes wallowing around for an hour in the few cups of dirty water that it allows. Can't even believe how terrible this combo washer and dryer is! Now I get to wash everything in this piece of ____ twice, thank you Maytag! Just took out a load and it is dingy and stinks, so now it's wet, on the floor waiting it's turn to go back for another wash (possibly even a third).

If you want clean clothes, do NOT get this washer. Dryer has issues also. For whatever reason, the AF signal has been on for a couple of months. Turn it off and back on and it's okay for a bit, then back on. It's the Air Filter. It's not plugged, so I don't know, I just keep using it with intervals of resetting it altogether. What a total waste of money. Am going to give it away for free as soon as I find a replacement! Save yourself a huge headache and look elsewhere than Maytag. Oh, and if Maytag happens to read my review, you can contact me for a refund any time, just respond to this post, you can even come pick it up and get it out of my home. Thanks a bunch!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Bought this machine with the intention of having at LEAST 10 problem free years with it. It's a Maytag after all. Not an unreasonable expectation. Within the first 2 years, the machine sounded like the bearings were going out (heavy, grinding noises when it shifted gears). Repairman came, replaced the entire drum (only way to get to the gears, I guess). Didn't fix a thing. Then the rinse and spin cycle on ANY wash cycle randomly quits. Just stops. Full load of wet, soapy clothes, sitting in the tub while an LD error code quietly flashes.

It's not uncommon for it to take two full days of screwing around with this machine to get one load of clothes done. Have to UNPLUG the machine, let it sit for about an hour, and try again. It is the biggest waste of money ever and I will NEVER buy another Maytag nothing. Contacted Maytag and they recommended I call a repairman...REALLY? REALLY? Gee, I wish I had thought of that. Repair guy has been to my house so damn many times for this machine, we are now friends on Facebook. Don't waste your money on this machine.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We have had our washing machine for about 6 months, we got the F3 E6 error code. After doing some research, we found out that the control module was what we needed to replace. My husband and I called both Maytag and Lowe’s, (the store we purchased the washer from). We have been given the runaround. After talking with several managers in the Lowe’s warranty department, we were told that we had to contact Maytag directly about that particular problem. Okay, no big deal. We called and every single time we were put on hold for at least 30 minutes before we were hung up on. Not once did we even get to speak to a person. If we don’t get a response and our problem doesn’t get fixed, I will be going to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My Maytag washer is only three years old and the control panel completely went. Not only did it cost me the service call, they want $360 to replace the control panel. I called Maytag/Whirlpool to see if they would help with the cost of the part. I am 60 years old and the only one who uses the washing machine. It is not beat up. Maytag would not offer any solution at all and refused to even pay for any part of the control panel. They said it was really my tough luck for not having bought the extended warranty. When you spend so much for an appliance, you do not expect it to only last three years and you should not need an extended warranty. I am so disappointed and I will never buy a Maytag or anything from its parent company Whirlpool.

Maytag Washers & Dryers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

• Best for: Value hunters, families, individuals and customers who want a dependable brand.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs