2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.0/5 (5446 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Bought a top of the line dryer. Started squealing when I ran it. On order to save time, I ordered a repair kit. Once I got inside, they had run the belt over the tensioner pulley twice because the belt was too big. Burned up the belt and pulley. Maytag is dead to me.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Deceptive company and won’t stand behind their product! Purchased brand new washer. Identified and reported noise that I can hear upstairs in my house while washing to technician. Changed a part, not related to the noise. Called back out. He admitted he could hear the noise. Whirlpool engineering department says normal. Sorry, I should never hear a clicking noise upstairs with two closed doors and 150 feet between me and the washer. Will be going back to Samsung next time.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I bought a Maytag Top Loader March 2021, this washer machine is the worst ever. It doesn't clean your clothes, & your clothes stink horribly. BBB and an Attorney needs to compensate for our all buyers.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I just finished paying off my Maytag Bravos series washer and dryer, and now they are failing! The washer isn't getting dirt out and the dryer power button broke. And it's not like I can use some pliers to get the switch to work, it's like the part that controls the power just dropped out of existence, leaving me with a knob in my hand that connects to nothing! Of course, the limited warranty only covers the drums, not the little dinky parts that break more easily. I had inherited a set of Maytags and they were well over 20 years old (possibly 30) and they both were powerhouses. But this is terrible! I feel super disappointed that I'm going to have to buy a new set after only owning these for 18 months. I know I WON'T be buying Maytag ever again, though!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Recently purchased a washer from Home Depot. Machine is now on its 3rd repair. The wiring harness is fired. Could have caused a fire. Now they still will not replace and part is on order which will take 4 weeks to be in stock. I called Maytag and expressed my concerns to which they could not help me as every washer is theirs can be repaired. I really don’t understand what happened to making things right. Very frustrated that they will not repair or reimburse for that matter. Please refund my mom and pick it up.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The soap dispenser along with the port it slides in becomes molded and is not easy to clean, front loader. I never had a front loader washer with this moldy problem. I have been cleaning it at least once a month,

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Back in late 2017 we paid over $800 to purchase a front loader Maytag washing machine from Lowe's. Before the year long warranty was up, the control board/motherboard stopped functioning. Maytag sent a repairman who tried to blame the problem on us even though he appeared well aware of the problems with Maytag/Whirlpool. After appealing to Lowe's, they intervened and Maytag agreed to replace the washer with a higher model. (This process took many phone calls and a great deal of frustration).

One year later, shortly after the warranty expired on the second washer, the control board again stopped functioning properly on the second Maytag washer. Since then, I have been rebooting the machine, starting the cycle over again numerous times and doing everything within my power to keep the washer going. The cost of replacing the control board is outrageous. Soon I will replace this machine with an LG with an extended service warranty. No more Maytag or Whirlpool products for me! They are once great American corporations that have fallen apart and are riddled with dishonesty and greed. I guess these corporations only mirror what is going on in this country and government.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Maytag is the worst dryer ever purchased. We bought it in 2019 and the heating element broke. When I contacted Maytag directly, they said, "nothing they could do." Really?? A major part was defected and there was nothing they could do! It's very sad when a major company that you purchased from shuts you down with a defected piece in their dryer and they chose not to help out the consumer. Shameful! I will NEVER purchase another product from them again...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Bought at Lowe's, they said they don't help if you had it over 30 days. Maytag will not replace until they try to repair it. Part has not came in yet. They will not replace unless it can be repaired. In the mean time I paid $800. For something I can't use. Bought June 11th, been without since August 17.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Absolutely the worst washer I’ve ever had! Do not buy this washer. Even after a double rinse there is white matter left all over everything! I’ve taken photographs of my laundry after two rinses and it’s disgusting. I will be quite happy to submit the photographs at any time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information