Maytag Washers & Dryers

• 2%
  • 2%
  • 96%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 9, 2024

I bought a Maytag washer and dryer about 5 years ago. In that time they both have had repairs. Now they are broke again. Tried to contact Maytag customer service by phone. Cannot talk to anyone. Tried live chat. Keep getting cut off. When you start the live chat it ask what you are inquiring about and gives you a list to choose from then you are asked to wait until they connect you with the next agent. After waiting 510 mins/get disconnected and have to start over. When they do connect you the agent says they well be with you momentarily and after waiting get disconnect again, when you do get the agent to respond if you take too long typing your response they say they are disconnecting due to no activity. Have been trying for 2 days now. When the washer and dryer are working they do a great job.

Reliability

Reviewed July 8, 2024

Our second Maytag washer in 4 yrs now on the fritz (3 months old). Don't need a serviceman to come out for $150 to tell me the sensor is broke and costs more than the washer is worth to replace. Lid locked and no movement. Hard to believe they can be so bad and expect to stay in business. You would think a company slapping made in the USA on their product would have a modicum of pride.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.
      CoveragePrice

Reviewed July 8, 2024

We bought a new washer and dryer in May 2021. We had multiple sensor issues that we were able to fix reasonable cheap. Then yesterday, the washer quit completely. We had a tech come out and it's blown. It would cost $600 to fix it. $600. That's more than buying a new one. How does a motherboard go bad in 3 years?! And how is that not covered when it's the Main component of the machine??? I will never buy Maytag again. Ever.

Reviewed July 4, 2024

Maytag used to be the best appliance company in the world. I was so excited when I got my Maytag dishwasher, assuming it would be as good, if not better, than the Maytag products I have had for more than 20 years. However, now the brand might as well be synonymous with fraud: They claim their appliances have a 10-year warranty, but that actually only pertains to the stainless steel body, not the working parts. And the one-year warranty is not a replacement warranty. Understand this: They are willing to send a repair company to your home repeatedly over the course of the first year, eating up your precious time and doing nothing to fix the problem, then on day 366, you are on your own, with a piece of garbage. I would have been better off with an appliance warehouse generic than this expensive paperweight. Maytag has gone from a respected name to a sham; please don't let them rip you off the way they have fleeced me.

Reviewed July 3, 2024

I purchase a new Maytag washer (Model MVW4505MW) on May 29th, 2024. Today is July 2nd, 2024, and this washer has not completed a cycle since. It's been over a month and still not working. Had trouble with it from the start. Tech has been onsite for 4 times and washer still isn't working. They have ordered several parts, all of which have taken over a week to get and it will not work. I had to buy an additional washer (not a whirlpool or Maytag), since I could not wait this long to do laundry. I have been in contact with support (a Joke) and am not getting any action. Would love to return this piece of junk to Whirlpool but cannot get them to tell me where to send it. My conscience will not let me try to sell it or donate it. Serial number is CD1400121.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed July 3, 2024

Kathy **. I am still having problems with my machine. I have had this machine for only 18 months, and it has been serviced 8 times. 7 for the same problem, I purchased an extended warranty, but I am told that they only cover parts. I have asked for compensation. I feel as a consumer I am in the right to ask. The last time a repair person came out they broke the drum, now I am without a washing machine for 7 days. Warranty people are saying that they can't deem that the machine is unfixable until the repair company says so. I am the consumer, and I am telling Maytag this machine is a lemon!! All I want is compensation. I should have to be inconvenienced just because your product is inferior. I saw that someone was able to get compensation. Who helped you with this?

Price

Reviewed July 2, 2024

Do not buy. I have the 5.2 cu ft washer and in the 4 years I have had it, it continues to break down. They have no answers for anything except the price for the part. FYI the valve I need cost $103. At the same time I can buy it on Amazon as well as many other sites for $20. DO NOT BUY MAYTAG. Wish they had these reviews when I bought mine.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Stay away from Maytag washers. Even when you put it on deep fill it doesn't do that. It'll fill up just below the clothes line, agitate with all your soap in there, drain and then spin all the dirt back into your clothes along with the soap because there's not enough water. It is no longer a 30 to 45 minute wash cycle. The wash cycle on Maytag washers is now over an hour or more. It is one of the worst designs. It seems like all the good name companies are putting out crappy product now. I wish I would have known this before I bought the damn thing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Bought a Maytag washer in Oct 2023. Have had to call for repairs 4 times, with washer down over a week each time. It has cost me more at the laundromat than the cost of the washer. And I still have several months to go with their one year warranty.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I purchased a washer and dryer set from Lowe's. Within 2 months the dryer began having issues. When I pressed the power button nothing happened as if power was lost. A service company came out saw an error message and stated he would order the part. A month go by and no word. I'm now two months after and Maytag is pushing for me to just wait till they can get these people to reply. Their maintenance and warranty policy do not match the reputation they have of being a higher-end company. I will never purchase this brand again due to the lack of backing their product.

Maytag Washers & Dryers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information