Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

This Maytag is about 7 years old now, at least, and is still running strong. The one thing I do miss, though, is the lint collector basket that used to be on GE washers I've had in the past. Kleenexes have a sneaky way to getting into the laundry and picking out the remnants is a royal pain! The lint basket on the GE would save me that task.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Very helpful, great value for family, amazing how much it fits our family.... I would purchase all Maytag products are reliable and worth the price and will guarantee the product is great for a big family.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought the Maytag because of its reputation and as a washer it hasn't disappointed me.. It gets my clothes clean with a minimum amount of effort on my part and it doesn't use a lot of water... I love my washer.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Bravos XL IS A JUNK. I have had this Maytag washer maybe 2 years at most and it is junk. I called. Told/complained them about the noise during wash cycle and spinning. The 10 years warranty is falsely. The 10 years warranty is covered only 2 components in the entire machine ???? and does not include the labor cost of $130.00 an hour. Sadly, I have seen many negative reviews their product. I didn't check reviews before purchasing, I knew I needed a large basin and wanted the deep fill option. I always thought maytag was a good brand. Now I am in a jam. ???? If you are looking for a new washer read the Maytag reviews before considering this brand. Live and learn. ????

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I have had this Maytag washer maybe 2yrs at most and it is junk. I am a single mom who desperately needs my washing machine. My kids clothes get soiled, they ARE kids so I wanted a deep water fill option when looking for our newest washing machine. Well when I start a load of laundry, I can hear the water running and draining as it is filling the basin. So for 1 they get wet but not washed. Then when it gets to the rinse cycle it stops so the only option is to manually switch it over to drain and spin in order to not have sopping wet clothes, however, since the water doesn't fill, they aren't being washed, the rinse cycle doesn't work so the soap is left in the clothes, then I just have to drain and spin in order to get access water out so they will dry in the dryer. It's very upsetting, I have no way to buy another washer, I assumed this costly purchase would last me a while.

Sadly, I have seen many negative reviews re: their product. I didn't check reviews before purchasing, I knew I needed a large basin and wanted the deep fill option. I always thought maytag was a good brand. Now I am in a jam. :( If you are looking for a new washer read the Maytag reviews before considering this brand. Live and learn. :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Dryer won't dry/ service at dead end. So in 2018 we purchased a Maytag Bravos washer/dryer set. The washer does its job, it washes clothes acceptably. The dryer, which has the sole purpose of drying clothes, DOES NOT dry clothes. It leaves each and every load damp. Two to three cycles are required for even the lightest fabrics to dry. This has been the case since the product was new. After repeated attempts to have the dryer replaced, I am fed up with the whole run around. MORAL OF THE STORY IS DO NOT BUY MAYTAG.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

This is probably the worst place ever to buy any appliances. They are extremely unreliable and the technology on them sucks. If you wanna buy new appliances I highly recommend you spend your money elsewhere. The customer service is extremely horrible and is a disgrace. Shame on this company. They lie about when they will repair your stuff too, so dishonest and I hate this company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We purchase a matching Maytag washer and dryer set and within the first three months our washer began to give us error codes and would not wash our clothes completely on any cycle. It was repaired and we began to have the same issues within the next couple of months. This all happened within the first year. We called customer service about extending our service warranty due to the multiple malfunctions of this washer. We were given the run around and, quite frankly, the attitude that this was "not their problem". I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MAYTAG PRODUCT! Thank you customer service for ensuring that I will not be a repeat customer!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Purchased washer in 2015, worked pretty good for 4 years. In 2019 belt, support rods, and control board replaced. In 2020 clutch, pulleys, and suspension replaced, waiting for service technician to replace transmission later this week. I purchased extended warranty thru Lowe's, glad I did as the machine literally jumps in the air during spin cycle. Lowe's stated I needed 4 repair visits to place a claim for replacement! Machine will not spin properly on high speed. Luckily I have a spare machine in the garage to use while I waited for repairs to be made. However, nothing seems to be correcting the problem. Very disappointed in the Maytag washer.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

This machine was in best machines of 2019/2020. It has many features. I've had one day and have multiple concerns, I will be returning the machine. The dryer isn't great either. Had multiple loads not dry. On the washer, there is no interior light so you cant actually see items in washer to judge soap etc. Has a soap disp that is supposed to hold multiple loads, says 8. I've washed over 8 and the out of soap alert hasn't come on as you'd expect, but when I check the dispenser is full of water so who knows! Can't see inside so I have so way of knowing if there is soap that is still going in, should I add more or what? The alert bell is too quiet, can't hear outside of the laundry room.

Multiple loads have not spun out well, leaving standing water and clothes too wet for dryer. I've had to run a drain/spin cycle to get clothes spun out. It is supposed to connect to wifi but that hasn't been successful, plus, not everyone keeps a phone on them 24/4! Need a louder alert. I washed a sm item that threw it off balance. My LG washed a small floor mat with no issues. I do a significant amt of research before a LG purchase and I feel I was lead astray. I am not happy with this washer or dryer. I wanted to buy American made but this is not up to the standard I expected from Maytag.

Maytag Washers & Dryers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

• Best for: Value hunters, families, individuals and customers who want a dependable brand.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team