2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.0/5 (5441 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

We have had our washer and dryer almost 18 years and just recently spent less than $280 to get the washer going again. The dryer we haven’t had serviced yet. Great quality. So worth it. Our Maytag appliances are used frequently and keep giving out the best performance.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The soap dispenser along with the port it slides in becomes molded and is not easy to clean, front loader. I never had a front loader washer with this moldy problem. I have been cleaning it at least once a month,

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Back in late 2017 we paid over $800 to purchase a front loader Maytag washing machine from Lowe's. Before the year long warranty was up, the control board/motherboard stopped functioning. Maytag sent a repairman who tried to blame the problem on us even though he appeared well aware of the problems with Maytag/Whirlpool. After appealing to Lowe's, they intervened and Maytag agreed to replace the washer with a higher model. (This process took many phone calls and a great deal of frustration).

One year later, shortly after the warranty expired on the second washer, the control board again stopped functioning properly on the second Maytag washer. Since then, I have been rebooting the machine, starting the cycle over again numerous times and doing everything within my power to keep the washer going. The cost of replacing the control board is outrageous. Soon I will replace this machine with an LG with an extended service warranty. No more Maytag or Whirlpool products for me! They are once great American corporations that have fallen apart and are riddled with dishonesty and greed. I guess these corporations only mirror what is going on in this country and government.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Maytag is the worst dryer ever purchased. We bought it in 2019 and the heating element broke. When I contacted Maytag directly, they said, "nothing they could do." Really?? A major part was defected and there was nothing they could do! It's very sad when a major company that you purchased from shuts you down with a defected piece in their dryer and they chose not to help out the consumer. Shameful! I will NEVER purchase another product from them again...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Bought at Lowe's, they said they don't help if you had it over 30 days. Maytag will not replace until they try to repair it. Part has not came in yet. They will not replace unless it can be repaired. In the mean time I paid $800. For something I can't use. Bought June 11th, been without since August 17.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Absolutely the worst washer I’ve ever had! Do not buy this washer. Even after a double rinse there is white matter left all over everything! I’ve taken photographs of my laundry after two rinses and it’s disgusting. I will be quite happy to submit the photographs at any time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

There's nothing at all good about this machine. It is impossible to work with. I've hated it since the day I got it. Don't buy it, ever, ever, ever. You can't put additional items in once it's started, you can't adjust a load that's uneven and get it to complete a cycle, it takes forever to do one wash and it often rinses multiple times and there's no way to stop it. I HATE THIS MACHINE. HATE IT. LIKE IT'S A PERSON. HATE. Is that clear enough?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

We are extremely frustrated with this machine. It takes an extremely long time to go through the cycle, compared to past washing machines, even when it is working. It rarely completes the cycle and often goes back to "wash" and stops. We have no way of knowing if it washed or rinsed or what. To get it to finish, we have to turn the dial to drain and spin. The clothes always come out tightly twisted and tangled up and have to be untwisted and items pulled from each other....so they are extremely wrinkled! This is the first and last Maytag product we will ever buy. We HATE it!!! I would say it has been a lemon from day one but Home Hardware was no help when we complained. We tell everyone to stay away from this product.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Had previous Maytag for years. Good, reliable, easily repaired product. Cycle sequencing very recognizable. New washing machines are ridiculously designed. Neither you nor the repairman have any idea what the cycles are or if they are even working as designed. Many cycles start out trying to wash with little or no visible water in the drum (top loader). The clothes come out tied in knots. I now wait for the agitation to start then pause and add water for three to five minutes then restart. What a nuisance. I have called customer care many times and they are courteous but not very helpful. This machine is an engineering nightmare. If I were in charge I would retire the people who dreamt up this contraption and get back to something reasonable before all their credibility is lost FOREVER!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Dryer doesn’t dry any size load in one cycle regardless of settings. Mysteriously, it triggers a message to check the lint filter and line when running a small load with nothing blocking the venting system. It never happens on large loads which would block more of the air flow. You could get a comparably sized dryer for much less. This not the premium product that you pay for.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

We bought a new Maytag top load washer March 2018. July of 2021 it starts making the worst racket I've ever heard. I thought at first that there was a dog being killed by another animal. As I ran to the door I realized it was my washer. Long story short, repair guy said it'd be cheaper to just buy a new washer. Maytag did nothing to help us resolve the issue of a 3 yr old machine totally useless. We bought this machine because we thought it would last for years. I mean their commercial shows the repair guys doing nothing because Maytags never need service. My new machine is not a Maytag. No more Maytags for me.

Maytag Washers & Dryers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been inside American homes for over 100 years and continues to provide innovative technology and great customer service.  The company is especially famous for its Maytag Man, a symbol of the company's dependability and dedication to service. Maytag continues to build success, with nearly five billion dollars in revenue generated in 2014. Their washers and dryers are available as top loading or front loading and can be configured to fit your laundry room’s space. Maytag’s innovative technology ensures your clothes get just the right amount of clean and just the right amount of dry, all while saving you time and money.

• Energy Star qualified: All of Maytag’s washers and dryers are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are energy efficient and will save you money compared with a machine that is not Energy Star qualified.

• Size capacity: All of the front loading and top loading models range from medium to extra large capacities, so you can buy one that works best for you based on the size of your average laundry load.

• Quiet: Maytag washers and dryers are quiet, so you can put them anywhere in your house, including closets and near bedrooms, without worrying about noise.

• Advanced Moisture Sensing: Maytag’s Advanced Moisture Sensing makes sure every article of clothing gets dry, from socks to towels. The sensor strips located inside the dryer measure moisture levels around the fabric of the clothes in the dryer. At the same time, inlet sensors determine air temperatures to stop the load at the appropriate time.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information