Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We have had our Frigidaire Affinity for EIGHT years with no problems whatsoever--till yesterday. The washer stalled on the spin cycle. Problem was wads of some kind of matted, tarry stuff on the drain filter. Stuff that comes off dirty clothes? Don't think I cleaned the washer every time it asked "Clean washer"? And think maybe that was the problem. OR, how to get out the gunk that accumulates on the filter? Where is my manual? Can't find. Otherwise, I have been DELIGHTED with my wonderful, stalwart Frigidaire Affinity. And even this problem is probably just use-related. And, it might be my own darned fault, just as Jimmy Buffett said.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have owned my set for 14 mos. and I have only had one problem with the washer. In adding fabric softener, I found out that it was clogging the drain hole and had to have a tech to come out and fix it. He told me to pour hot water in the fabric softener dispenser to keep that hole clean. So now, after 3 or 4 wash loads, I pour hot water that I heat up in the microwave, then I run it on a drain and spin cycle. That has worked the best.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

It Cleans my laundry very well although it is a bit slow. The dryer does well also but also slow. The dryer leaves the laundry quite soft and wrinkle free. The washer has a delicate cycle which I use often.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have had the washer-dryer pair for about 15-years. All current models from every manufacturer are too big for my needs and available space but Frigidaire offered a slim model only 25-inches deep that fit better than every other product I could find. After 10-years they began having electronic issues but after find a repair person I found the replacement parts for about half the price of buying new units that were designed without considering consumers who do not have families to keep clean. I was surprised that all manufacturers are blind to building trim units for Single people who want small units not big and bulky.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I have had my set for several years now. I have had absolutely no problems with the washer, but the dryer has been a complete nightmare. The repair guy came today to fix only to find out now the control panel is broke. His recommendation after everything he has had to do over the years he suggested to get rid of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

You have no control of how long the wash cycle takes. It's 60-80 mins for a regular load. There is no softener dispenser, I had to buy a softener ball dispenser. Several times the ball does not empty. There's not enough water for the ball to open. I set the rinse level on high. Checked it, there wasn't enough rinse water to cover the clothes. Spend a few dollars more and get a washer that you actually have control over, like wash times, wash levels and a softener dispenser. There is no light in the dryer. The washer smells fishy after it sits for a few days. When we travel and use Airbnb. There's some really nice stacked machines. This is not one of them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Moved into my new home with new Frigidaire washer. Had nothing but problems with it. Had it repaired because it was leaking water from under the washer because it had a defective hose, now it’s leaking again. I going to request to replace it, only I had this for 2 week.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Bought a brand new dryer from Frigidaire and it was broken the first time we used it. The dryer pours gas out when running! We were told we have to go through the warranty to have someone come out and look at it. They won’t just replace our brand new dryer with a working one. A week later they send someone out to look at it and he had to order a part. Another week later he comes to fix it and the dryer still pours gas out and I mean the whole house smells of gas every time he turns it on. We are told it’s defective and he will have to talk to Frigidaire and see if they will replace it or if he will have to keep working on it and there’s an issue with the wiring.

Another week later they say they refuse to replace our dryer and they will try to replace the gas valve, even though the repair guy says it’s not the gas valve. It’s wiring. After a couple days they agree to mail us new wiring and will send someone to working on it after we let them know we received the part in the mail. Here we are 3 weeks later with a none working brand new dryer and beyond frustrated. We would have never purchased a product from Frigidaire had we known if our new product was defective they wouldn’t replace it with a working one. Horrible customer service, very disappointed, and worried that this dryer that pours gas out and has faulty wiring is a ticking time bomb!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

As soon as the warranty was up the machine started having problems. Just stops all the time. Cleaned the filter which took 3 hours. Still stops seemingly for no reason. Have had a Samsung in a rental suite for years, never a problem. Same one in a previous house and it worked great for years. This 2 and a half year old Frigidaire is on its way to the recycling.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Purchased both of these as a brand new set in 2014. Had to replace the heating coil in the dryer in 2016. Heating coil went out again in early 2019. Replaced the dryer in 2019 with a different brand. The washer requires monthly cleaning to get the mold/mildew out of the front door seal. If you leave it open to dry so it won't get gunky, the stress on the hinges pulls the door out of alignment and has caused the silver flashing to crack. The soap dispenser needs to be cleaned on the same schedule as well for the same reason. I predict a new washer as well in early 2020.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

• Best for: People who want to wash a lot of clothes very quickly, large families and professionals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team