Frigidaire Washers and Dryers
1.35/5
Based on 248 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a washer and dryer?

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

385 Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Purchased the laundry center December 17, 2018. Center was delivered December 22, 2018. We did a dry run to ensure that it was functional. The washer would not spin and the water would not drain. Contacted the store on the 22nd and was promised a repairman could come; however not until the 26th. Repairman examined the washer and said it needed a new water pump. A WATER PUMP FOR A BRAND NEW WASHER. After complaints to the store and Better Business Bureau a replacement was delivered on December 28. However, the washer is extremely noisy and cannot handle wet bath towels. It would not spin. The laundry center is barely two months old. This is our first Frigidaire and it will be our last. We plan to get rid of it. WASTED MONEY.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We purchased this washing machine brand new in 2007. We immediately had a problem with the door latch not working properly, which was replaced under warranty. It’s still did not work right and never has. You have to lift the door up and push it in gently to make it latch. The rubber seal between the door and interior drum collects water and gets moldy even after leaving the door open between cycles. It is very difficult to clean and never looks fully clean. We had to replace the motherboard due to it making a terrible noise and throwing error codes, which we were able to do ourselves for a little over $100. Having it repaired by someone else would surely have a cost several hundred. It stopped draining and spinning recently. After some research online I believe it is a clogged pump or filter, but we are not going to spend any more money on this. I consider it a lemon.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I purchased the Professional Series Frigidaire appliances and have already (just over 10 years) replaced my dryer, dishwasher and now my Heavy Duty Front load Washers. They do not make them like they use to. They charge an arm and a leg but make them to last 6-9 years. I guess my 10 years was out of the norm for Frigidaire. The washer is knocking so loud on the final 2 spins that you can hear it outside of the house.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased a brand new built home with the washer machine and dryer included to only move in and find out that the washing machine was providing a code of E5. I contacted the customer service department to speak with a representative named Brenda who advised me that the first available was Tuesday. Not acceptable to me since this is a new washing machine that has never been used before. I have advised the builders. Horrible appliances as well as customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have a washer and for the past 2 months it has been erroring out. It seriously takes me 5 hours to do one load of wash. I constantly have to restart the cycle. My husband has done everything per the owner's manual and it still doesn't work right. So I called the company today and explained to them what is happening. They were rude and inconsiderate to my situation. My husband and I are currently unemployed and I am fighting with unemployment. We have 3 kids and on prepaid electric so that means it costs me 40 dollars a day to do one load of wash. All I was asking for was a little bit of help and all they could tell me was to call a service guy $300 and they would give me 50% off my parts. Which who knows how much that will even be. So here we are stuck with this POS washer and no help from the POS company. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. All I can say is Karma!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Manufactured in Mexico 09/2012, model # FAFS4073NA0. This also falls under the WHIRLPOOL brand corp. Buyer beware! Several issues with Frigidaire Affinity washers. It stopped doing Final Rinse. I had to turn it upside down to access the tubing where the trap is located in order to remove and clean it, 3 times a year every year since 2012. This machine is HEAVY. Error/Door Lock won't latch. I unplugged door wiring harness for 30 seconds & plugged in again and this worked- temporarily. I had to remove the top panel of the machine to do this but IF this works for you it's only a temporary solution because the door latch will need to be replaced.

Fuses blew resulting in washer not powering on. You can't just change out these fuses because they're soldered into the motherboard (sometimes called Motarboard) so the entire motherboard must be replaced. $150+ IF you can find the part in stock anywhere and IF you DIY instead of calling an expensive repairman. Machine NEVER drains completely resulting in mold growth. There will always be water lingering somewhere in the machine, hoses etc. Using the cleaning tablets and running cycles with Clorox bleach is a temporary solution because in a week you'll be smelling something "off" once again. I have mold allergy and have lost count of the number of migraines this has caused. Manufacturers know about these issues and more but really don't care because they know we'll get tired of the expensive repairs and just buy something new.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased three Frigidaire washer/dryer combos in 2016. Less than two years later with very little use two of the three screws on the inside of the drum on one unit fell out causing the heating element and thermostat to burn out. $600 repair bill. There were two loose screws on the other two units, obviously a manufacturing defect, but no relief.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Bought a condo recently. The builder supplied us with a Frigidaire washer and dryer comb. The machine is horrible. For the washer, the water level is always low no matter what mode you choose. The only way is to wait till the water filled and start to wash, then stop it, switch to another mode, then you will have a perfect water level to wash the clothes. When it rinse, the noise is like someone having a hard time to breathe, then comes to the worst part... When spin dry the clothes, it is like a helicopter flying over your head. The dryer is OK, only the lint filter is too loose which a space is appears between the filter and the air outlet. My neighbor who does not want this combo and have the builder to change to a Samsung washer and dryer before he moves into the condo.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I purchased a washer dryer combo in October of 2017. It's August of 2018 and the dryer has stopped working. The washer half washes the clothes and takes forever even with the HE laundry detergent. When I call for service they tell me my model number tag has been rubbed off which is placed on the inside of the door where it opens and closes. Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a new tag. The service provider Frigidaire sent to my house was very rude. This is turning out to be a wasted $1,500.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We bought a Frigidaire Laundry Center in the spring March/April. It is the most terrible machine I have ever used. The tub is so deep I have an awful job getting the clothes out! Which are mangled I have to shake and shake to try and get some of the creases out before I put them in the dryer. The machine is so noisy you can hear it all over the house, the discharge sounds like a helicopter. The machine they took away was GE laundry Center which we had 25 years was perfectly quiet and efficient. I wouldn’t give this one star. It is so terrible. I cannot afford to buy a new one as I am 88 and have a relatively small income. I feel I have try and warn other people not to waste their hard earned cash on this machine.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Frigidaire FFFW5000QW 3.9 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - I was given this washing machine by the Edison for free in exchange for my old washer because they claimed it was more energy efficient. What they didn't say is how cost INEFFICIENT it was going to be. I had a Kenmore Washing Machine for 25 years and it only had to have a hose replaced once. I got this current Washer in 2015. Of course it started breaking down after the Warranty expired.

This Washer started breaking down in 2016, with the front opening leaking water while it was in the Wash Cycle. Then water started flooding the room I keep it in 3 weeks ago. It cost $200.00 to fix it because the Water Inlet Valve cracked. I had a our local plumber come out and he confirmed he's had nothing but problem calls with this Washer. He said we needed to wipe off the inside of the front opening to keep it from leaking, which was nowhere in the instructions in the Frigidaire Manual. What kind of parts break down after only 3 years of use in a Washing Machine?

The other ongoing problem that "can't" be fixed is this horrid mildew smell coming out of the inside of the Washer itself. I've tried everything to get that smell out, and nothing works. It makes the clothes smell badly and during the hot weather, it's even worse. If I forget to take the clothes out of the Washer I have to run a cycle all over again because of that odor. NOTHING like this ever happened with my old Washer, but under the guise of being energy efficient, I think Frigidaire passed these defective machines off on Edison for some low bulk price and made it sound like they were doing Senior Citizens a favor when, in reality, they deliberately sold faulty equipment to the public. How typical. The public shouldn't have to work this hard, waste this much time and pay out for repairs for someone else's mistakes.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Purchased the unit in Oct 2017, pulled out of the box would not run required service. To date 4 repairs. Down again today May 2, 2018. Called them again. Asked them to replace unit with another one without any computer, they refused any replacement saying they will just keep fixing it. Asked the employee for an ID. He only kept repeating, "My name is Spencer", refusing to give a company ID number. He had an attitude to start with which only got worse, Terrible business ethics and extremely poor service. Would never buy a Frigidaire product again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I agree with all the previous reviews. Our machine does all of the same things except my clothes just keep getting dirtier. Darks always come out with scum on them. I have to wash my jeans inside out so I at least look presentable. Tried less detergent, pods, regular detergent you name it. Nothing works. Most of our sheets and pillowcases are horrible with stains and dirt. I would never again buy anything with your name on it. I'm going back to Samsung. If you want it come and get it as I dont want it. I just want it gone. And as for the dealer they will never see my face. They basically told me to ** off. So I'm taking their advise and I'm gone. I just hope somebody reads this so they can stay away from this truly crappy machine and Frigidaire as well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Bought this stacked washer dryer model FFLG4033QW set in July 2017. Did not check the reviews first. HUGE MISTAKE! This machine is supposed to set the water level according to the amount of clothing and does not have an agitator. The tub is so deep that I require a stool to reach to the bottom. The residue on black clothes is absolutely terrible (see photo). I have tried laundry soap for darks and I am following the HE soap amount to the letter. Everything also comes out of the washer very wrinkled. I have to do a lot more ironing. I have been doing laundry for over 50 years and even the old wringer washer did a better job. How could Frigidaire inflict such a terrible product on the public. They obviously don’t do any product testing/quality control. I submitted a review to Frigidaire themselves and of course they rejected it. Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I bought Frigidaire Affinity washer and dryer in June of 2016. First day water would not drain. Replaced this one. Wanted to send repair technician, I said no. 13 months old water valve outlet went out. 18 months major problem tub needs to be replaced. No I did not buy extended warranty. Looked my model up. Discontinued. I see why. Terrible product.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I bought a washer/dryer combo. Had a GE decided to try the Frigidaire. I just found out the element in the dryer is not as good as in GE. This takes me twice as long to dry towels. My electric bill has gone up. I am so disappointed that I did not stay with GE.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Model CFLE2022MWO. Basically I put in clean clothes, never overload the machine and use it maybe 2-3 times a week as I am a bachelor and very clean. So after 4 years, the pump blows up in the back... I guess I don't know yet. Estimated cost to repair is Canadian $500, with a $100 service charge on top of that that they credit back to me... Maybe. Then "up to" a one year warranty on parts only. I have the stacking models... Hate them! I also had the same issue where clothes would come out with dry spots on them. Like wtf?? I can buy a new one for that.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Stackable washer/dryer - Won’t spin. Clothes left with water. No separate spin cycle. Called place of purchase. They don’t repair. It was less than a year old. Then it wouldn’t come on at all. Called repairman who unplugged it, then plugged it back in. That procedure cost $100.00. Thoroughly disgusted with machine. Waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

On June 26, 2017 installed Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer model # FFLE4033QT. Paid $ 1199.00 from Spencer. Had techs from Frigidaire first said I was putting too much clothes in washer. I asked them if I can't put a set of Queen sheets in and it doesn't get everything wet why would that be overloading. The dryer when you open door lint falls over top of washer and floor. It is around opening of door. They sent a serviceman out. He told me add more water with a pan or run a hose to machine that the dryer was working right. We were not satisfied with that, so we went to Spencer where we brought product and they sent another person out. He said the same thing about washer, call his Frigidaire techs about dryer. They him that it was working right. Just the design of dryer. When back to Spencer was told they couldn't do anything about it. We are out $1199.00 because we went out and bought another unit.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I agree with the negative comments others have said. Have had for 5 years and had to had repair person twice. Door does not seal, water leaks from front. It does not drain properly to the point you have to drain and spin again to get clothes not to be really wet to the point where water is laying on the bottom of the drum. Machine is going to the curb and purchasing machine with better reviews.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased this Frigidaire Front Load Washer Gallery Series about 5 years ago. About a year later I had to have to door latch replaced as the unit would not operate. That repair cost a bit over $100. It frequently doesn't drain and has to be unplugged to reset the cycles. Yesterday I discovered it was leaking out from under the front door. I also discovered that it has been doing this for some time as the bottom edge of the door was rusting.

I'm a 67 year old female and I refused to spend another dime on this machine and I can't afford to buy a new one, so I removed the door, sanded the rust down to bare metal and painted the door. This morning I reattached the door. This product is a piece of crap. I wish I could replace it, but I haven't won the lottery yet and on my fixed income, replacement won't be happening anytime soon. It's a hunk of junk from what I thought was a reputable company. They have no pride in their product and this was not a quality appliance.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Absolutely the biggest piece of garbage ever purchased by us. Please do not waste your money on this **. It's junk. I regret the day that PEOPLE’S FURNITURE in SPRUCE PINE N.C. delivered it. Funny I purchased a used dryer from a local 2nd hand store, used it for 4 years and it worked great. We pay 2000.00 for a washer and dryer and they are both trash.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have been dealing with this horrible company for about 2 weeks now trying to get a part for my BRAND NEW washing machine! The third-party repair place that I have to use for the repairs due to warranty coverage says it's so new that they can't get the parts for it and it will be another week before it can get here... So, I will continue to be incurring costs due to their substandard product and having to drag my laundry to the laundromat for yet another week because they can't get their stuff together enough to have the parts needed to fix an appliance that they are SELLING to people!?!? How can they sell a product and not have the ability to fix it? When I call to complain, I get exactly nowhere. They just keep repeating when the part will come in and they certainly don't care how inconvenient it is for their customer who bought their product... Nice.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My washer is able to steam, eco clean and wash delicates. The front loader allows for no worries for your fabrics. I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Two words... STAY AWAY!!! We purchased a front loader Frigidaire Affinity washing machine about 5 years ago and it has to be the worst ever. From the very beginning it has been nothing but a disaster! The front door does not seal properly so it constantly leaks. We had a repairman come out and fix it twice and it continues to do the same thing. Next we had an issue with the tub filling up with water and not draining, so my husband decided to clean out the filter and look at the pump, now my husband is pretty handy and holy ** what a mess. It took hours and we literally had to take the whole machine apart!!! This has happened numerous times. This last time we thought it would be the same draining issue, so we took the whole machine apart again and it was not that. Apparently it's the locking device on door, which cost me $100 to fix. I will NEVER purchase another Frigidaire product again!!!

Original review: July 25, 2017

In 2001 my wife and I bought a Frigidaire Stackable Washer/Dryer Combination (FLLG63911QW). It served us well for almost 16 years. When it died we thought we would buy another one because we had been very happy with the one we had. So six months ago we did. Big mistake. First of all we didn't realize that some genius had determined that it didn't need an agitator and it would work better if you put everything in first and then the machine locked the top and made a decision as to how much water was needed. It puts in just enough water to almost get the clothes wet. In order to add additional water you have to change the cycle that you chose and then it will add additional water. However, this requires that you stay around the machine and wait for the water from one cycle to stop before you can switch it to the next cycle. Also without the agitator the clothes just kind of get sloshed around and they really don't get clean.

To make matters worse, it stopped working so we called Frigidaire because it stopped working. It took 3 days to get a repairman and when he did show up he was able to determine that it needed a part. Now here's the fun part. Rather than just being able to go pick up the part it has to be ordered and can take from 7 to 10 days. Then once the part arrives we have to wait until the repairman to come back to fix it. I asked him what had happened and he told me the water fill valve had gone bad. He also added that it was a very bad design which made it difficult to replace. I called Frigidaire and they basically said "Tough **". Whatever you do, if you are looking for a washer dryer combination make sure it has an agitator and make sure it is not a Frigidaire.

Original review: May 20, 2017

While my ATF8000FS2 washing machine has worked well for 6 years, now the drain pump or control board went bad, with an error code of E23. I checked on how to clean the drain pump and it's ridiculous. What moron thought it was acceptable to have the end user have to pry open the top and front face (and all the steps involved with that) and then remove a boot which is a nightmare to put back on, let alone all the other pieces involved? Really, you think people will tip over the machine and access the small porthole to do this? My next machine will be anything but a Frigidaire/Electrolux with easy serviceability.

Original review: April 23, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire FAFW3001LW2 Front Loading washer in 2013. I have had it repaired once under warranty and 5 times under an extended service contract - all for the same issue. No warm water wash. Only cold. For a time, the Hot water setting worked, but never the warm. Now, not even the hot water setting works. The machine stinks to high heaven, even though I always dry the gasket and leave the door open. It is disgusting. The mfg will do nothing because it is out of warranty.

The retailer has offered to repair it one more time under the service contract, but I am unconvinced that it is reparable. The retailer also offered to sell me a new machine at their cost - but I am not inclined to purchase another Frigidaire. However, if I decide to purchase another front loader that is a different brand, I will have to pay for the pedestal as well (an additional $180). While I am grateful that the retailer is at least willing to do something, I have zero confidence in Frigidaire appliances.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Had purchased my first stackable set by Frigidaire 15 years ago. They were very faithful. When the washer gave out I went to my home town shop owner to purchase a new set. Just went in said "I'll take the upgraded set." It went all down from there, this is the most inefficient system I have used. I have ruined more clothes and it takes forever to finish a load of clothes. I should have been more informed and read the reviews first. Wish I could get rid of them now they are less a year old.

Original review: April 14, 2017

This is typical situation that anyone like avoid (Frustration), I recommend you never buy a Frigidaire product, because they have a policy to not replace any washer and dryer, only send technician to repair, but my history start on February 2016 when I bought this product on HHGREGG Aventura (The people knows the service and they are closing now) with a worst customer services I saw on my life.

The washer never works and my calvary start with HHGREGG, Frigidaire and now with Warrantech (The insurance company from HHGREGG). After multiple visit from the follow service companies: 1- RR Appliances, 2- Expert Appliances, 3-First Class appliances, 4-Taveras and again 5-RR Appliances the washer doesn't work. All of them change the same parts 3 times without lucky. Frigidaire said, "We can't replace the unit, we should repair it." Warrantech after the year said, "The contract is for repair not to replace."

Miami-Dade said, "This is in response to your complaint regarding HHGregg. While we attempt to resolve disagreements through mediation, we cannot legally mandate resolutions between disagreeing parties. The objective of mediation is to encourage informal solutions to consumer complaints. We offer this process as a public service but must rely on the voluntary cooperation of the business as well as the consumer to resolve disputes. In this case, mediation of your dispute resulted in NO AGREEMENT. I have attached a copy of their response for your records and review. If you wish to discuss this response or require further information, please contact me at **.

You may consider proceeding to Small Claims Court where you may file a claim for an amount up to $5000, and where representation by an attorney is not required. Our website (**) provides information on how to file a small claims action and a schedule of free small claims court clinics that this department offers to the public. If you wish to consult legal counsel in Miami-Dade County, you may contact the Dade County Bar Association Attorney Referral Service at **. We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your concern. Your file is closed and will remain as part of the public record." I'll do a claim.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

• Best for: People who want to wash a lot of clothes very quickly, large families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs