2. Homeowners

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

4.0/5 (313 ratings)

About Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I have an extended warranty from Frigidaire which is basically worthless to me. They refused to cover a broken part on the Laundry Center that is 3 years old. A clip broke on the machine front which is causing the dials to malfunction. This is from a family of 2 adults which uses the machine maybe twice a week. So because it's the cover of the unit it is not covered under the extended Warranty. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with supervisors who just kept saying the part is not covered. So my machine is now worthless because we can't start the dryer. I would never purchase a Frigidaire product or an extended warranty from them again. I learned my lesson the hard way. The technician said it will be a $300 fix. I would rather buy a new product than to give them any more of our hard earned money. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

My apartment room has a stacked washer & dryer (and this is brand-new because our building is new and I'm the very first tenant in my unit) and it has been a headache. First of all, the washer never works well with any other setting other than "Normal" and it needs to be fully loaded with regular clothes, socks, underwear etc. When things are bulky or small amount (with "Low" setting) or I use setting other than "Normal", it ALWAYS stops working for "Balance load". When this happens, I have to start the whole washing cycle again with "Normal" setting because the lock doesn't get loose.

The lid never opens without running it again from the beginning with "Normal" (no other setting would work). I have been trying to reach the customer service on the phone but no luck. I called them 3 times and all those 3 times, I was on hold for over an hour, and never get to talk to anyone. This website is my last hope. Hopefully I get to talk to someone and get the replacement.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I had to replace the latch on the door. Within weeks the new latch, which was quite expensive, was pushed inside the machine, again. The hinge will not hold the door in alignment with the latch. I double checked all the screws, again, but there is still at least a half inch of vertical play. I removed two screws to remove the gaurd over the lint trap to clean out what had gotten past the lint screen, which was quite a lot. When I replaced it the screws would not tighten and there is no way to get to the back of the screw. Were your college educated engineers so stupid that they put fasteners on these screws that fall out of place if removed? If there were an easy way to give feedback to the company I would. Perhaps they would correct the errors. In lieu of that I will leave this review with the advice that you seek out a different dryer, that hopefully is designed a bit better, perhaps by an engineer that actually has common sense.

Original review: May 24, 2020

For the price the front loader machine is great but I have it repaired several times. After 10 years it's still a good buy in my book. I have worry free plan which helps. Always leave the door open after washing to prevent a mildew smell.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Recently we had the first service call on our washing machine which is almost 14 years old. The technician who made the repairs (replaced control circuit board and drum shock absorbers) said many machine do not last this long.

Original review: May 22, 2020

The model of stacked washer/dryer combo that we have is very basic. You can't tell what part of the wash cycle it is on or even how long is left of the wash cycle. There is no built-in fabric softener dispenser. Other than those items, the washer has worked great for us for the year and half that we've owned it. For a stacked unit, it holds a LOT of clothes because it has no agitator. It is surprisingly easy to load and unload as well.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Frigidaire front load about 18 years old. Still running great. Matching dryer is the same. This machine has been moved twice with no problem. It fits in the small space that I am having a problem finding a new one to fit. I would like a machine I could clean the drain easily.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My Energy Star Frigidaire Tumble Action front loading washer hasn't let me down since 29 March 2006, knock on wood! It's just my husband, our dog and me, so it obviously doesn't get the high usage that perhaps an average family would. Even though, I think 14 years is pretty good.

Original review: May 17, 2020

This is the first washer machine I have purchased from this manufacturer and I was not impressed with the limited features on it. There is no way to select a certain point in the wash cycle and this model is agitator-less which does not clean clothes very well. I would not recommend the model that I have and will be replacing it soon.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have used this washer for 16yrs and have beat the holy you know what out of it and it still works perfectly. I have washed everything I own in that washer and it has never failed.. Football uniforms, sneakers, heavy comforters, pillows, rugs, greasy cloths from the garage, seat covers. You name it I have washed it...

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Company Information