Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Frigidaire Washers and Dryers
3.86/5

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

394 Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have owned my set for 14 mos. and I have only had one problem with the washer. In adding fabric softener, I found out that it was clogging the drain hole and had to have a tech to come out and fix it. He told me to pour hot water in the fabric softener dispenser to keep that hole clean. So now, after 3 or 4 wash loads, I pour hot water that I heat up in the microwave, then I run it on a drain and spin cycle. That has worked the best.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

It Cleans my laundry very well although it is a bit slow. The dryer does well also but also slow. The dryer leaves the laundry quite soft and wrinkle free. The washer has a delicate cycle which I use often.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have had the washer-dryer pair for about 15-years. All current models from every manufacturer are too big for my needs and available space but Frigidaire offered a slim model only 25-inches deep that fit better than every other product I could find. After 10-years they began having electronic issues but after find a repair person I found the replacement parts for about half the price of buying new units that were designed without considering consumers who do not have families to keep clean. I was surprised that all manufacturers are blind to building trim units for Single people who want small units not big and bulky.

Original review: March 30, 2019

We bought a Frigidaire Affinity dryer in the Fall of 2014. It is no longer under warranty so the consistent repair required is at our own expense. We’ve regularly cleaned the lint screen, which never did work correctly, and results in a regular buildup of lint throughout the entire interior of the unit. It was repaired by a professional once who explained the problem with the lint screen that doesn’t catch lint, but disperses throughout the interior, causing a buildup of lint and a potential fire hazard. To date, we regular have to take the dryer apart ourselves in order to clean out the lint within, and the air flow is weakened as a result, leaving our clothes damp after 90 minutes of drying time... I’ll never buy another Frigidaire appliance again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We bought appliance new in Sept. 2018. 1st load we noticed soap residue on our black clothing. We have soft water and are using between 1 and 2 teaspoons of detergent per load. We received some suggestions but no solutions from Frigidaire All reports we have read have the same complaint. We upped house water temp/wash all loads at hot or warm setting/wash all loads on heavy duty setting/make loads heavier by soaking them first to fool machine to add more water. Many times we wash loads x2. We purchased 4 high end Frigidaire appliances at same time but are getting nowhere with this issue with manufacturer. (No issues with other appliances.) We even offered to return and buy higher quality Frigidaire product. I highly recommend staying away from this model of washing machine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 12, 2019

We rent. When our old stackable finally conked out after 10 years, the landlord brought us a brand new stackable Frigidaire energy efficient set. Hardly ever spins out without notifying us and we have to arrange the wet clothes in the washer. When it does work, it leaves horrible white marks on my black dress clothes. I do use a small amount of liquid detergent. Garbage product. Do not buy. The washer does not even give enough water to cover the clothes. PS: I only gave 1 star as they wouldn't let me post this without selecting one.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The worst washer I've ever seen. You're better off with a rock and stream. Should have spent the extra money and got a good one. Please don't be as dumb as I was. You will regret it. I promise. It was the worst experience I've had. What a piece of junk.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The gas dryer came with the new home. Unfortunately this is how the builder saved money by getting these inferior Frigidaire appliances and unaware buyers not realizing the poor quality. This dryer has to be run more than once at maximum temperature and maximum drying! It is not being overloaded. Twice someone was sent who did some sort of test to see hot air was going through it and, therefore, said it was working. I know hot air comes out! It’s just not drying the clothes properly. I’ve also had the vent checked by the builder, including going on top of the roof. The final answer from the repairman was perhaps I’d have to use the timed dry instead of the sensor cycles. Also, the towels, when done, have a bad feel to them, not quite slimy, but not how you’d expect towels to feel. Furthermore, I’ve had them start to smell after one use showing that bacteria has not been dried out of them!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Washer shakes, rattles and rolls, clings and bangs, shakes the whole house. Worst washer I have ever owned. Have no use for this make. Or the way it's made. Just a big piece of junk. Most of what I have seen of the other makes they're all junk.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Purchased the laundry center December 17, 2018. Center was delivered December 22, 2018. We did a dry run to ensure that it was functional. The washer would not spin and the water would not drain. Contacted the store on the 22nd and was promised a repairman could come; however not until the 26th. Repairman examined the washer and said it needed a new water pump. A WATER PUMP FOR A BRAND NEW WASHER. After complaints to the store and Better Business Bureau a replacement was delivered on December 28. However, the washer is extremely noisy and cannot handle wet bath towels. It would not spin. The laundry center is barely two months old. This is our first Frigidaire and it will be our last. We plan to get rid of it. WASTED MONEY.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We purchased this washing machine brand new in 2007. We immediately had a problem with the door latch not working properly, which was replaced under warranty. It’s still did not work right and never has. You have to lift the door up and push it in gently to make it latch. The rubber seal between the door and interior drum collects water and gets moldy even after leaving the door open between cycles. It is very difficult to clean and never looks fully clean. We had to replace the motherboard due to it making a terrible noise and throwing error codes, which we were able to do ourselves for a little over $100. Having it repaired by someone else would surely have a cost several hundred. It stopped draining and spinning recently. After some research online I believe it is a clogged pump or filter, but we are not going to spend any more money on this. I consider it a lemon.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I purchased the Professional Series Frigidaire appliances and have already (just over 10 years) replaced my dryer, dishwasher and now my Heavy Duty Front load Washers. They do not make them like they use to. They charge an arm and a leg but make them to last 6-9 years. I guess my 10 years was out of the norm for Frigidaire. The washer is knocking so loud on the final 2 spins that you can hear it outside of the house.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased a brand new built home with the washer machine and dryer included to only move in and find out that the washing machine was providing a code of E5. I contacted the customer service department to speak with a representative named Brenda who advised me that the first available was Tuesday. Not acceptable to me since this is a new washing machine that has never been used before. I have advised the builders. Horrible appliances as well as customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have a washer and for the past 2 months it has been erroring out. It seriously takes me 5 hours to do one load of wash. I constantly have to restart the cycle. My husband has done everything per the owner's manual and it still doesn't work right. So I called the company today and explained to them what is happening. They were rude and inconsiderate to my situation. My husband and I are currently unemployed and I am fighting with unemployment. We have 3 kids and on prepaid electric so that means it costs me 40 dollars a day to do one load of wash. All I was asking for was a little bit of help and all they could tell me was to call a service guy $300 and they would give me 50% off my parts. Which who knows how much that will even be. So here we are stuck with this POS washer and no help from the POS company. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. All I can say is Karma!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Manufactured in Mexico 09/2012, model # FAFS4073NA0. This also falls under the WHIRLPOOL brand corp. Buyer beware! Several issues with Frigidaire Affinity washers. It stopped doing Final Rinse. I had to turn it upside down to access the tubing where the trap is located in order to remove and clean it, 3 times a year every year since 2012. This machine is HEAVY. Error/Door Lock won't latch. I unplugged door wiring harness for 30 seconds & plugged in again and this worked- temporarily. I had to remove the top panel of the machine to do this but IF this works for you it's only a temporary solution because the door latch will need to be replaced.

Fuses blew resulting in washer not powering on. You can't just change out these fuses because they're soldered into the motherboard (sometimes called Motarboard) so the entire motherboard must be replaced. $150+ IF you can find the part in stock anywhere and IF you DIY instead of calling an expensive repairman. Machine NEVER drains completely resulting in mold growth. There will always be water lingering somewhere in the machine, hoses etc. Using the cleaning tablets and running cycles with Clorox bleach is a temporary solution because in a week you'll be smelling something "off" once again. I have mold allergy and have lost count of the number of migraines this has caused. Manufacturers know about these issues and more but really don't care because they know we'll get tired of the expensive repairs and just buy something new.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased three Frigidaire washer/dryer combos in 2016. Less than two years later with very little use two of the three screws on the inside of the drum on one unit fell out causing the heating element and thermostat to burn out. $600 repair bill. There were two loose screws on the other two units, obviously a manufacturing defect, but no relief.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Bought a condo recently. The builder supplied us with a Frigidaire washer and dryer comb. The machine is horrible. For the washer, the water level is always low no matter what mode you choose. The only way is to wait till the water filled and start to wash, then stop it, switch to another mode, then you will have a perfect water level to wash the clothes. When it rinse, the noise is like someone having a hard time to breathe, then comes to the worst part... When spin dry the clothes, it is like a helicopter flying over your head. The dryer is OK, only the lint filter is too loose which a space is appears between the filter and the air outlet. My neighbor who does not want this combo and have the builder to change to a Samsung washer and dryer before he moves into the condo.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I purchased a washer dryer combo in October of 2017. It's August of 2018 and the dryer has stopped working. The washer half washes the clothes and takes forever even with the HE laundry detergent. When I call for service they tell me my model number tag has been rubbed off which is placed on the inside of the door where it opens and closes. Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a new tag. The service provider Frigidaire sent to my house was very rude. This is turning out to be a wasted $1,500.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We bought a Frigidaire Laundry Center in the spring March/April. It is the most terrible machine I have ever used. The tub is so deep I have an awful job getting the clothes out! Which are mangled I have to shake and shake to try and get some of the creases out before I put them in the dryer. The machine is so noisy you can hear it all over the house, the discharge sounds like a helicopter. The machine they took away was GE laundry Center which we had 25 years was perfectly quiet and efficient. I wouldn’t give this one star. It is so terrible. I cannot afford to buy a new one as I am 88 and have a relatively small income. I feel I have try and warn other people not to waste their hard earned cash on this machine.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Frigidaire FFFW5000QW 3.9 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - I was given this washing machine by the Edison for free in exchange for my old washer because they claimed it was more energy efficient. What they didn't say is how cost INEFFICIENT it was going to be. I had a Kenmore Washing Machine for 25 years and it only had to have a hose replaced once. I got this current Washer in 2015. Of course it started breaking down after the Warranty expired.

This Washer started breaking down in 2016, with the front opening leaking water while it was in the Wash Cycle. Then water started flooding the room I keep it in 3 weeks ago. It cost $200.00 to fix it because the Water Inlet Valve cracked. I had a our local plumber come out and he confirmed he's had nothing but problem calls with this Washer. He said we needed to wipe off the inside of the front opening to keep it from leaking, which was nowhere in the instructions in the Frigidaire Manual. What kind of parts break down after only 3 years of use in a Washing Machine?

The other ongoing problem that "can't" be fixed is this horrid mildew smell coming out of the inside of the Washer itself. I've tried everything to get that smell out, and nothing works. It makes the clothes smell badly and during the hot weather, it's even worse. If I forget to take the clothes out of the Washer I have to run a cycle all over again because of that odor. NOTHING like this ever happened with my old Washer, but under the guise of being energy efficient, I think Frigidaire passed these defective machines off on Edison for some low bulk price and made it sound like they were doing Senior Citizens a favor when, in reality, they deliberately sold faulty equipment to the public. How typical. The public shouldn't have to work this hard, waste this much time and pay out for repairs for someone else's mistakes.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Purchased the unit in Oct 2017, pulled out of the box would not run required service. To date 4 repairs. Down again today May 2, 2018. Called them again. Asked them to replace unit with another one without any computer, they refused any replacement saying they will just keep fixing it. Asked the employee for an ID. He only kept repeating, "My name is Spencer", refusing to give a company ID number. He had an attitude to start with which only got worse, Terrible business ethics and extremely poor service. Would never buy a Frigidaire product again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I agree with all the previous reviews. Our machine does all of the same things except my clothes just keep getting dirtier. Darks always come out with scum on them. I have to wash my jeans inside out so I at least look presentable. Tried less detergent, pods, regular detergent you name it. Nothing works. Most of our sheets and pillowcases are horrible with stains and dirt. I would never again buy anything with your name on it. I'm going back to Samsung. If you want it come and get it as I dont want it. I just want it gone. And as for the dealer they will never see my face. They basically told me to ** off. So I'm taking their advise and I'm gone. I just hope somebody reads this so they can stay away from this truly crappy machine and Frigidaire as well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Bought this stacked washer dryer model FFLG4033QW set in July 2017. Did not check the reviews first. HUGE MISTAKE! This machine is supposed to set the water level according to the amount of clothing and does not have an agitator. The tub is so deep that I require a stool to reach to the bottom. The residue on black clothes is absolutely terrible (see photo). I have tried laundry soap for darks and I am following the HE soap amount to the letter. Everything also comes out of the washer very wrinkled. I have to do a lot more ironing. I have been doing laundry for over 50 years and even the old wringer washer did a better job. How could Frigidaire inflict such a terrible product on the public. They obviously don’t do any product testing/quality control. I submitted a review to Frigidaire themselves and of course they rejected it. Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I bought Frigidaire Affinity washer and dryer in June of 2016. First day water would not drain. Replaced this one. Wanted to send repair technician, I said no. 13 months old water valve outlet went out. 18 months major problem tub needs to be replaced. No I did not buy extended warranty. Looked my model up. Discontinued. I see why. Terrible product.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I bought a washer/dryer combo. Had a GE decided to try the Frigidaire. I just found out the element in the dryer is not as good as in GE. This takes me twice as long to dry towels. My electric bill has gone up. I am so disappointed that I did not stay with GE.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Model CFLE2022MWO. Basically I put in clean clothes, never overload the machine and use it maybe 2-3 times a week as I am a bachelor and very clean. So after 4 years, the pump blows up in the back... I guess I don't know yet. Estimated cost to repair is Canadian $500, with a $100 service charge on top of that that they credit back to me... Maybe. Then "up to" a one year warranty on parts only. I have the stacking models... Hate them! I also had the same issue where clothes would come out with dry spots on them. Like wtf?? I can buy a new one for that.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Stackable washer/dryer - Won’t spin. Clothes left with water. No separate spin cycle. Called place of purchase. They don’t repair. It was less than a year old. Then it wouldn’t come on at all. Called repairman who unplugged it, then plugged it back in. That procedure cost $100.00. Thoroughly disgusted with machine. Waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

On June 26, 2017 installed Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer model # FFLE4033QT. Paid $ 1199.00 from Spencer. Had techs from Frigidaire first said I was putting too much clothes in washer. I asked them if I can't put a set of Queen sheets in and it doesn't get everything wet why would that be overloading. The dryer when you open door lint falls over top of washer and floor. It is around opening of door. They sent a serviceman out. He told me add more water with a pan or run a hose to machine that the dryer was working right. We were not satisfied with that, so we went to Spencer where we brought product and they sent another person out. He said the same thing about washer, call his Frigidaire techs about dryer. They him that it was working right. Just the design of dryer. When back to Spencer was told they couldn't do anything about it. We are out $1199.00 because we went out and bought another unit.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I agree with the negative comments others have said. Have had for 5 years and had to had repair person twice. Door does not seal, water leaks from front. It does not drain properly to the point you have to drain and spin again to get clothes not to be really wet to the point where water is laying on the bottom of the drum. Machine is going to the curb and purchasing machine with better reviews.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased this Frigidaire Front Load Washer Gallery Series about 5 years ago. About a year later I had to have to door latch replaced as the unit would not operate. That repair cost a bit over $100. It frequently doesn't drain and has to be unplugged to reset the cycles. Yesterday I discovered it was leaking out from under the front door. I also discovered that it has been doing this for some time as the bottom edge of the door was rusting.

I'm a 67 year old female and I refused to spend another dime on this machine and I can't afford to buy a new one, so I removed the door, sanded the rust down to bare metal and painted the door. This morning I reattached the door. This product is a piece of crap. I wish I could replace it, but I haven't won the lottery yet and on my fixed income, replacement won't be happening anytime soon. It's a hunk of junk from what I thought was a reputable company. They have no pride in their product and this was not a quality appliance.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

• Best for: People who want to wash a lot of clothes very quickly, large families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs