Frigidaire Washers and Dryers
1.35/5
Based on 237 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

374 Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2018

Frigidaire FFFW5000QW 3.9 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - I was given this washing machine by the Edison for free in exchange for my old washer because they claimed it was more energy efficient. What they didn't say is how cost INEFFICIENT it was going to be. I had a Kenmore Washing Machine for 25 years and it only had to have a hose replaced once. I got this current Washer in 2015. Of course it started breaking down after the Warranty expired.

This Washer started breaking down in 2016, with the front opening leaking water while it was in the Wash Cycle. Then water started flooding the room I keep it in 3 weeks ago. It cost $200.00 to fix it because the Water Inlet Valve cracked. I had a our local plumber come out and he confirmed he's had nothing but problem calls with this Washer. He said we needed to wipe off the inside of the front opening to keep it from leaking, which was nowhere in the instructions in the Frigidaire Manual. What kind of parts break down after only 3 years of use in a Washing Machine?

The other ongoing problem that "can't" be fixed is this horrid mildew smell coming out of the inside of the Washer itself. I've tried everything to get that smell out, and nothing works. It makes the clothes smell badly and during the hot weather, it's even worse. If I forget to take the clothes out of the Washer I have to run a cycle all over again because of that odor. NOTHING like this ever happened with my old Washer, but under the guise of being energy efficient, I think Frigidaire passed these defective machines off on Edison for some low bulk price and made it sound like they were doing Senior Citizens a favor when, in reality, they deliberately sold faulty equipment to the public. How typical. The public shouldn't have to work this hard, waste this much time and pay out for repairs for someone else's mistakes.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Purchased the unit in Oct 2017, pulled out of the box would not run required service. To date 4 repairs. Down again today May 2, 2018. Called them again. Asked them to replace unit with another one without any computer, they refused any replacement saying they will just keep fixing it. Asked the employee for an ID. He only kept repeating, "My name is Spencer", refusing to give a company ID number. He had an attitude to start with which only got worse, Terrible business ethics and extremely poor service. Would never buy a Frigidaire product again.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I agree with all the previous reviews. Our machine does all of the same things except my clothes just keep getting dirtier. Darks always come out with scum on them. I have to wash my jeans inside out so I at least look presentable. Tried less detergent, pods, regular detergent you name it. Nothing works. Most of our sheets and pillowcases are horrible with stains and dirt. I would never again buy anything with your name on it. I'm going back to Samsung. If you want it come and get it as I dont want it. I just want it gone. And as for the dealer they will never see my face. They basically told me to ** off. So I'm taking their advise and I'm gone. I just hope somebody reads this so they can stay away from this truly crappy machine and Frigidaire as well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Bought this stacked washer dryer model FFLG4033QW set in July 2017. Did not check the reviews first. HUGE MISTAKE! This machine is supposed to set the water level according to the amount of clothing and does not have an agitator. The tub is so deep that I require a stool to reach to the bottom. The residue on black clothes is absolutely terrible (see photo). I have tried laundry soap for darks and I am following the HE soap amount to the letter. Everything also comes out of the washer very wrinkled. I have to do a lot more ironing. I have been doing laundry for over 50 years and even the old wringer washer did a better job. How could Frigidaire inflict such a terrible product on the public. They obviously don’t do any product testing/quality control. I submitted a review to Frigidaire themselves and of course they rejected it. Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I bought Frigidaire Affinity washer and dryer in June of 2016. First day water would not drain. Replaced this one. Wanted to send repair technician, I said no. 13 months old water valve outlet went out. 18 months major problem tub needs to be replaced. No I did not buy extended warranty. Looked my model up. Discontinued. I see why. Terrible product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Model CFLE2022MWO. Basically I put in clean clothes, never overload the machine and use it maybe 2-3 times a week as I am a bachelor and very clean. So after 4 years, the pump blows up in the back... I guess I don't know yet. Estimated cost to repair is Canadian $500, with a $100 service charge on top of that that they credit back to me... Maybe. Then "up to" a one year warranty on parts only. I have the stacking models... Hate them! I also had the same issue where clothes would come out with dry spots on them. Like wtf?? I can buy a new one for that.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Stackable washer/dryer - Won’t spin. Clothes left with water. No separate spin cycle. Called place of purchase. They don’t repair. It was less than a year old. Then it wouldn’t come on at all. Called repairman who unplugged it, then plugged it back in. That procedure cost $100.00. Thoroughly disgusted with machine. Waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

On June 26, 2017 installed Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer model # FFLE4033QT. Paid $ 1199.00 from Spencer. Had techs from Frigidaire first said I was putting too much clothes in washer. I asked them if I can't put a set of Queen sheets in and it doesn't get everything wet why would that be overloading. The dryer when you open door lint falls over top of washer and floor. It is around opening of door. They sent a serviceman out. He told me add more water with a pan or run a hose to machine that the dryer was working right. We were not satisfied with that, so we went to Spencer where we brought product and they sent another person out. He said the same thing about washer, call his Frigidaire techs about dryer. They him that it was working right. Just the design of dryer. When back to Spencer was told they couldn't do anything about it. We are out $1199.00 because we went out and bought another unit.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I agree with the negative comments others have said. Have had for 5 years and had to had repair person twice. Door does not seal, water leaks from front. It does not drain properly to the point you have to drain and spin again to get clothes not to be really wet to the point where water is laying on the bottom of the drum. Machine is going to the curb and purchasing machine with better reviews.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased this Frigidaire Front Load Washer Gallery Series about 5 years ago. About a year later I had to have to door latch replaced as the unit would not operate. That repair cost a bit over $100. It frequently doesn't drain and has to be unplugged to reset the cycles. Yesterday I discovered it was leaking out from under the front door. I also discovered that it has been doing this for some time as the bottom edge of the door was rusting.

I'm a 67 year old female and I refused to spend another dime on this machine and I can't afford to buy a new one, so I removed the door, sanded the rust down to bare metal and painted the door. This morning I reattached the door. This product is a piece of crap. I wish I could replace it, but I haven't won the lottery yet and on my fixed income, replacement won't be happening anytime soon. It's a hunk of junk from what I thought was a reputable company. They have no pride in their product and this was not a quality appliance.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Absolutely the biggest piece of garbage ever purchased by us. Please do not waste your money on this **. It's junk. I regret the day that PEOPLE’S FURNITURE in SPRUCE PINE N.C. delivered it. Funny I purchased a used dryer from a local 2nd hand store, used it for 4 years and it worked great. We pay 2000.00 for a washer and dryer and they are both trash.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have been dealing with this horrible company for about 2 weeks now trying to get a part for my BRAND NEW washing machine! The third-party repair place that I have to use for the repairs due to warranty coverage says it's so new that they can't get the parts for it and it will be another week before it can get here... So, I will continue to be incurring costs due to their substandard product and having to drag my laundry to the laundromat for yet another week because they can't get their stuff together enough to have the parts needed to fix an appliance that they are SELLING to people!?!? How can they sell a product and not have the ability to fix it? When I call to complain, I get exactly nowhere. They just keep repeating when the part will come in and they certainly don't care how inconvenient it is for their customer who bought their product... Nice.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My washer is able to steam, eco clean and wash delicates. The front loader allows for no worries for your fabrics. I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Two words... STAY AWAY!!! We purchased a front loader Frigidaire Affinity washing machine about 5 years ago and it has to be the worst ever. From the very beginning it has been nothing but a disaster! The front door does not seal properly so it constantly leaks. We had a repairman come out and fix it twice and it continues to do the same thing. Next we had an issue with the tub filling up with water and not draining, so my husband decided to clean out the filter and look at the pump, now my husband is pretty handy and holy ** what a mess. It took hours and we literally had to take the whole machine apart!!! This has happened numerous times. This last time we thought it would be the same draining issue, so we took the whole machine apart again and it was not that. Apparently it's the locking device on door, which cost me $100 to fix. I will NEVER purchase another Frigidaire product again!!!

Original review: July 25, 2017

In 2001 my wife and I bought a Frigidaire Stackable Washer/Dryer Combination (FLLG63911QW). It served us well for almost 16 years. When it died we thought we would buy another one because we had been very happy with the one we had. So six months ago we did. Big mistake. First of all we didn't realize that some genius had determined that it didn't need an agitator and it would work better if you put everything in first and then the machine locked the top and made a decision as to how much water was needed. It puts in just enough water to almost get the clothes wet. In order to add additional water you have to change the cycle that you chose and then it will add additional water. However, this requires that you stay around the machine and wait for the water from one cycle to stop before you can switch it to the next cycle. Also without the agitator the clothes just kind of get sloshed around and they really don't get clean.

To make matters worse, it stopped working so we called Frigidaire because it stopped working. It took 3 days to get a repairman and when he did show up he was able to determine that it needed a part. Now here's the fun part. Rather than just being able to go pick up the part it has to be ordered and can take from 7 to 10 days. Then once the part arrives we have to wait until the repairman to come back to fix it. I asked him what had happened and he told me the water fill valve had gone bad. He also added that it was a very bad design which made it difficult to replace. I called Frigidaire and they basically said "Tough **". Whatever you do, if you are looking for a washer dryer combination make sure it has an agitator and make sure it is not a Frigidaire.

Original review: May 20, 2017

While my ATF8000FS2 washing machine has worked well for 6 years, now the drain pump or control board went bad, with an error code of E23. I checked on how to clean the drain pump and it's ridiculous. What moron thought it was acceptable to have the end user have to pry open the top and front face (and all the steps involved with that) and then remove a boot which is a nightmare to put back on, let alone all the other pieces involved? Really, you think people will tip over the machine and access the small porthole to do this? My next machine will be anything but a Frigidaire/Electrolux with easy serviceability.

Original review: April 23, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire FAFW3001LW2 Front Loading washer in 2013. I have had it repaired once under warranty and 5 times under an extended service contract - all for the same issue. No warm water wash. Only cold. For a time, the Hot water setting worked, but never the warm. Now, not even the hot water setting works. The machine stinks to high heaven, even though I always dry the gasket and leave the door open. It is disgusting. The mfg will do nothing because it is out of warranty.

The retailer has offered to repair it one more time under the service contract, but I am unconvinced that it is reparable. The retailer also offered to sell me a new machine at their cost - but I am not inclined to purchase another Frigidaire. However, if I decide to purchase another front loader that is a different brand, I will have to pay for the pedestal as well (an additional $180). While I am grateful that the retailer is at least willing to do something, I have zero confidence in Frigidaire appliances.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Had purchased my first stackable set by Frigidaire 15 years ago. They were very faithful. When the washer gave out I went to my home town shop owner to purchase a new set. Just went in said "I'll take the upgraded set." It went all down from there, this is the most inefficient system I have used. I have ruined more clothes and it takes forever to finish a load of clothes. I should have been more informed and read the reviews first. Wish I could get rid of them now they are less a year old.

Original review: April 14, 2017

This is typical situation that anyone like avoid (Frustration), I recommend you never buy a Frigidaire product, because they have a policy to not replace any washer and dryer, only send technician to repair, but my history start on February 2016 when I bought this product on HHGREGG Aventura (The people knows the service and they are closing now) with a worst customer services I saw on my life.

The washer never works and my calvary start with HHGREGG, Frigidaire and now with Warrantech (The insurance company from HHGREGG). After multiple visit from the follow service companies: 1- RR Appliances, 2- Expert Appliances, 3-First Class appliances, 4-Taveras and again 5-RR Appliances the washer doesn't work. All of them change the same parts 3 times without lucky. Frigidaire said, "We can't replace the unit, we should repair it." Warrantech after the year said, "The contract is for repair not to replace."

Miami-Dade said, "This is in response to your complaint regarding HHGregg. While we attempt to resolve disagreements through mediation, we cannot legally mandate resolutions between disagreeing parties. The objective of mediation is to encourage informal solutions to consumer complaints. We offer this process as a public service but must rely on the voluntary cooperation of the business as well as the consumer to resolve disputes. In this case, mediation of your dispute resulted in NO AGREEMENT. I have attached a copy of their response for your records and review. If you wish to discuss this response or require further information, please contact me at **.

You may consider proceeding to Small Claims Court where you may file a claim for an amount up to $5000, and where representation by an attorney is not required. Our website (**) provides information on how to file a small claims action and a schedule of free small claims court clinics that this department offers to the public. If you wish to consult legal counsel in Miami-Dade County, you may contact the Dade County Bar Association Attorney Referral Service at **. We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to address your concern. Your file is closed and will remain as part of the public record." I'll do a claim.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Having purchased a 2016 stackable washer and dryer, I am extremely disappointed in its performance. I was informed it required minimal water which was an environmentally efficient feature, and that it required no agitator. I was dubious about the latter feature but was assured it did not affect the cleanliness of the laundry. My laundry is worse when it comes out than when it went in. The clothes never move from the bottom of the drum and in fact compact against each other when wet. There is a large amount of white scum on the clothes which requires me to re rinse and spin every load. In addition I take a lint brush to remove what remains behind. I would not recommend purchasing this unit and will look into returning mine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I purchased washer and dryer combo for a condo, first of all this machine(FFLG3911QW) is very noisy for small places. Water level very does not wet clothes entirely. Washes the clothes on dirty water. Machine takes on normal cycle takes about 1:20 mins. No dial to indicate what cycle you are at. Ruin clothes white stains and lint all over clothes on both washer and dryer. I thought it was my air vent clogged and paid to have it cleaned. Did not help at all same problem. Tech is coming to check out. Hopefully they find a solution if not I might be stuck with this junk.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

My wife wanted a basic machine. Nothing fancy, strictly utilitarian. Controls are all manual, no electronics. Throw in the stuff to be washed, put in the detergent, turn the dial and push it in then walk away. Presto, wash all done.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

My wife and I purchased a new townhouse with all new Frigidaire appliances, except the stove, we went with Samsung for a gas stove. Our problem is the front load washer, model FFFW5000QWO. I have had a technician in on 4 occasions with this product where they replaced all the circuit boards. It works for about two days and then all the settings start to fail. On normal the time changed to do a load from 47 minutes to 1:07 hours to wash it stopped allowing me to select water temp or spin speed and it stopped after about 7 minutes, not even running. Eventually, other settings like Bulky or Heavy did the same thing. Long cycles, no selection of options and shut down after 7 minutes.

Finally after the 4th failure Frigidaire agreed to replace the machine. Only thing is the replacement has the same problem and is starting to fail. So I call Frigidaire, whose parent in Canada is Electrolux, explain the situation and what do they want? A tech to come out and look at the problem. Same problem people. Geesh!!! I wanted a credit from them, and for them to take the machine and I will go back and buy a new machine. Surprise, the person in customer service can't do that, they need the technician to issue a report. Can I speak to a manager or supervisor? No that is not in their policy but wasting my time is? So I am trying to get the supplier to take it back and give me a credit. In my honest opinion and looking at the other appliances in our home, I would never recommend any Frigidaire appliances. The quality is not there and the customer service is the worst of any company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Been doing laundry for over 60 years, beginning with helping my Mother using a wringer washer. Have never purchased a Frigidaire product before, never will again. If you are not 6' tall, then the combo w/d is not for you! I cannot reach the bottom of the tub, I think there is a bottom down there! Do they think only tall men are doing the laundry? Or that all females are now 6' and over? And yes, I have previously owned 2 other combo w/d and loved them! Maytag and GE. Stupid to buy this product and most likely going to get rid of it. Besides so darn deep in there, it does NOT do a good job of cleaning the clothes. Some water, please! But it uses power for an hour to do even a small load. How great is that! So, please, as always; buy beware.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I purchased a condo that had a new Frigidaire combo water-saving washer/dryer machine. It does not perform its basic function. For example, putting in even a single article - a bed sheet - can result in parts of the bed sheet not even getting wet. I have done everything that I can. I have had an authorized service person come and replace the controller. He assessed the unit and said that it was functioning as designed. I have even tried the "fix" of changing the cycle setting after the filling so that more water is put into the basket. However, that does not work. The problem is a poor design: the agitation is so weak (there is no agitator) that it won't even ensure that a single bed sheet gets completely wet. I have not gotten any satisfaction from the repair person. I all called the national Frigidaire service phone line and got an uninformed reply from the Frigidaire representative. So, what does one do in this case?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Horrible don't even consider it. Our clothing stinks, it gets stains on it IN the washer, the washer stinks. We have tried everything. Would wipe the rubber around the door. We have been having itching, breathing problems, constant congestion, chest issues... nothing works. Well... we decided to check the rubber ring further because nothing we tried would get the black off. We were HORRIFIED to see that the gasket is folded and much larger than we knew, and it has thick black mold all over it. We could not even scrape it off. Nothing, including bleach is affecting it. No wonder we have been sick and our clothes and washer stink. We've read reviews that Frigidaire claims they aren't aware of this which has to be a major lie.

DO NOT purchase this machine. The negative reviews are everywhere. We bought ours several years ago and have had these problems since the first few months. Major health issues which look to be directly related to this. It is disgusting for so much filth to actually be created within our washing machine. Horrible design, major major fail for Frigidaire. By the way, the machine shuts itself off so when you think it's time to switch loads you have unwashed clothing. Don't waste your money people!

Frigidaire's stance on it is "mold is not covered by warranty", "not on a recall", "there is nothing they can do about it". So they have a major design problem and they refuse to do anything about it! We've had health issues for several years and now we know why. Your clothes stink, they get discolored and you breathe mold causing health issues. You cannot possibly dry all these areas, every single place that the gasket touches the metal, plus inside all the folds of the gasket. Do NOT consider this product or you will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

One day after the warranty expired the machine intermittently stopped spinning at the end of the wash cycle and the rinse/spin cycle did not spin either. It is not very energy conserving when you have to put clothes through the same cycle several times in the hopes of having them dry enough to put in the dryer. It should also be noted that the matching dryer arrived with the door switch missing and so was inoperable! Now, the washing machine no longer draw the detergent into the wash cycle, it has to be added by hand. No help from Frigidaire, of course. This was an expensive experience as I have just junked the washing machine and replaced it... not with another Frigidaire... ever!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Within the first year and then each year- almost a year to the day annually. No heat, you don't realize and then enormous hydro bills. I have nothing but trouble with this Frigidaire Affinity dryer- error code E64. Repaired under warranty 3x. Warranty states the company has a no lemon policy. Bought at the Brick in Hamilton, Ontario on Upper James. They were rude, condescending and extremely unhelpful in resolving my problem. At the last repair- a few days before the warranty expired they said the part is warranted for 30 days. Big deal each year the part goes and the estimated cost to fix it again is $600.00. My guess is that the product is made in a manner to last as long as the warranty. If I had not purchased it my repair costs would have been $600.00 within the first year. Buyer beware as the say. Don't buy this dryer and don't go to the Brick.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The new Frigidaire water saving washing machines are complete garbage, when you throw a load of clothes and there is a piece of Kleenex paper in a pocket, the machine won't ever rip the paper up like every other machine does, so if it is so "gentle" as to not even to be able to rip up a piece of paper, how well does it clean your clothes? And often times the water does not even cover the top of the clothes! This particular machine does not have a water level adjustment for the wash cycle, and only has a water level adjustment for the rinse cycle, which would explain how the clothes actually get wet, but should get wet in the wash cycle.

And this piece of crap machine is always off balance, so if you stop the machine to balance the load out on the rinse cycle, then the rinse cycle starts all over again, meaning the machine fills up with water only to become unbalanced again..... NEVER, I MEAN NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a machine that uses a thimble full of water to wash your clothes. The only cycle that uses adequate water level is the rinse cycle, so I throw my clothes in on the rinse cycle, then when the machine is full I turn it over to another cycle.... piece of crap machine, I hate it! I rent, so I can't even return the piece of junk..... never buy one, you'll be sorry, and it's so noisy you'll offend your neighbors washing clothes!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

We purchased a Frigidaire washer/dryer set 2 1/2 years ago. The dryer literally started acting up the day after the 1 year warranty was up. We looked up the code and it was a heater issue. We purchased the heater part (which was over $100) from the local store where we got the set. My husband fixed it. The appliance store guy tried to tell us that it most likely happened because our hose was too long and should be moved or shortened... Which my husband did while he was at fixing the heater. Fast forward another 6 months: Same error code and dryer getting super hot before finally just not putting out any heat. Ordered part on Amazon for around $80. Husband fixes yet again. Fast forward to 2 days ago: Dryer giving statement on pad that the door is open, but door is not open. Seals are fine, everything with door is fine.

I noticed dryer getting very hot just prior to this. Thought maybe it was a switch... It wasn't a switch. Ended up it's the dumb heater, yet again. The open door announcement was actually the same code for the heater error. We ordered another $80 heater and it will arrive tomorrow. My husband is so tired of tearing into this dryer every 3-6 months and putting all of this money into it. It is ridiculous. Of course, we didn't purchase the extended warranty. This is a real lemon and I wouldn't give this dryer to my worst enemy. The washer has been fine, the dryer is an awful piece of junk with an apparent fault that needs to be corrected before it causes a fire. I think the company should certainly be responsible for this and in the very least ashamed to put out such a bad quality product. I highly doubt we'd have any recourse.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

• Best for: People who want to wash a lot of clothes very quickly, large families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs