Frigidaire Washers, Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Having purchased a 2016 stackable washer and dryer, I am extremely disappointed in its performance. I was informed it required minimal water which was an environmentally efficient feature, and that it required no agitator. I was dubious about the latter feature but was assured it did not affect the cleanliness of the laundry. My laundry is worse when it comes out than when it went in. The clothes never move from the bottom of the drum and in fact compact against each other when wet. There is a large amount of white scum on the clothes which requires me to re rinse and spin every load. In addition I take a lint brush to remove what remains behind. I would not recommend purchasing this unit and will look into returning mine.

I purchased washer and dryer combo for a condo, first of all this machine(FFLG3911QW) is very noisy for small places. Water level very does not wet clothes entirely. Washes the clothes on dirty water. Machine takes on normal cycle takes about 1:20 mins. No dial to indicate what cycle you are at. Ruin clothes white stains and lint all over clothes on both washer and dryer. I thought it was my air vent clogged and paid to have it cleaned. Did not help at all same problem. Tech is coming to check out. Hopefully they find a solution if not I might be stuck with this junk.

My wife wanted a basic machine. Nothing fancy, strictly utilitarian. Controls are all manual, no electronics. Throw in the stuff to be washed, put in the detergent, turn the dial and push it in then walk away. Presto, wash all done.

My wife and I purchased a new townhouse with all new Frigidaire appliances, except the stove, we went with Samsung for a gas stove. Our problem is the front load washer, model FFFW5000QWO. I have had a technician in on 4 occasions with this product where they replaced all the circuit boards. It works for about two days and then all the settings start to fail. On normal the time changed to do a load from 47 minutes to 1:07 hours to wash it stopped allowing me to select water temp or spin speed and it stopped after about 7 minutes, not even running. Eventually, other settings like Bulky or Heavy did the same thing. Long cycles, no selection of options and shut down after 7 minutes.

Finally after the 4th failure Frigidaire agreed to replace the machine. Only thing is the replacement has the same problem and is starting to fail. So I call Frigidaire, whose parent in Canada is Electrolux, explain the situation and what do they want? A tech to come out and look at the problem. Same problem people. Geesh!!! I wanted a credit from them, and for them to take the machine and I will go back and buy a new machine. Surprise, the person in customer service can't do that, they need the technician to issue a report. Can I speak to a manager or supervisor? No that is not in their policy but wasting my time is? So I am trying to get the supplier to take it back and give me a credit. In my honest opinion and looking at the other appliances in our home, I would never recommend any Frigidaire appliances. The quality is not there and the customer service is the worst of any company I have ever dealt with.

Been doing laundry for over 60 years, beginning with helping my Mother using a wringer washer. Have never purchased a Frigidaire product before, never will again. If you are not 6' tall, then the combo w/d is not for you! I cannot reach the bottom of the tub, I think there is a bottom down there! Do they think only tall men are doing the laundry? Or that all females are now 6' and over? And yes, I have previously owned 2 other combo w/d and loved them! Maytag and GE. Stupid to buy this product and most likely going to get rid of it. Besides so darn deep in there, it does NOT do a good job of cleaning the clothes. Some water, please! But it uses power for an hour to do even a small load. How great is that! So, please, as always; buy beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

I purchased a condo that had a new Frigidaire combo water-saving washer/dryer machine. It does not perform its basic function. For example, putting in even a single article - a bed sheet - can result in parts of the bed sheet not even getting wet. I have done everything that I can. I have had an authorized service person come and replace the controller. He assessed the unit and said that it was functioning as designed. I have even tried the "fix" of changing the cycle setting after the filling so that more water is put into the basket. However, that does not work. The problem is a poor design: the agitation is so weak (there is no agitator) that it won't even ensure that a single bed sheet gets completely wet. I have not gotten any satisfaction from the repair person. I all called the national Frigidaire service phone line and got an uninformed reply from the Frigidaire representative. So, what does one do in this case?

Horrible don't even consider it. Our clothing stinks, it gets stains on it IN the washer, the washer stinks. We have tried everything. Would wipe the rubber around the door. We have been having itching, breathing problems, constant congestion, chest issues... nothing works. Well... we decided to check the rubber ring further because nothing we tried would get the black off. We were HORRIFIED to see that the gasket is folded and much larger than we knew, and it has thick black mold all over it. We could not even scrape it off. Nothing, including bleach is affecting it. No wonder we have been sick and our clothes and washer stink. We've read reviews that Frigidaire claims they aren't aware of this which has to be a major lie.

DO NOT purchase this machine. The negative reviews are everywhere. We bought ours several years ago and have had these problems since the first few months. Major health issues which look to be directly related to this. It is disgusting for so much filth to actually be created within our washing machine. Horrible design, major major fail for Frigidaire. By the way, the machine shuts itself off so when you think it's time to switch loads you have unwashed clothing. Don't waste your money people!

Frigidaire's stance on it is "mold is not covered by warranty", "not on a recall", "there is nothing they can do about it". So they have a major design problem and they refuse to do anything about it! We've had health issues for several years and now we know why. Your clothes stink, they get discolored and you breathe mold causing health issues. You cannot possibly dry all these areas, every single place that the gasket touches the metal, plus inside all the folds of the gasket. Do NOT consider this product or you will regret it.

One day after the warranty expired the machine intermittently stopped spinning at the end of the wash cycle and the rinse/spin cycle did not spin either. It is not very energy conserving when you have to put clothes through the same cycle several times in the hopes of having them dry enough to put in the dryer. It should also be noted that the matching dryer arrived with the door switch missing and so was inoperable! Now, the washing machine no longer draw the detergent into the wash cycle, it has to be added by hand. No help from Frigidaire, of course. This was an expensive experience as I have just junked the washing machine and replaced it... not with another Frigidaire... ever!

Within the first year and then each year- almost a year to the day annually. No heat, you don't realize and then enormous hydro bills. I have nothing but trouble with this Frigidaire Affinity dryer- error code E64. Repaired under warranty 3x. Warranty states the company has a no lemon policy. Bought at the Brick in Hamilton, Ontario on Upper James. They were rude, condescending and extremely unhelpful in resolving my problem. At the last repair- a few days before the warranty expired they said the part is warranted for 30 days. Big deal each year the part goes and the estimated cost to fix it again is $600.00. My guess is that the product is made in a manner to last as long as the warranty. If I had not purchased it my repair costs would have been $600.00 within the first year. Buyer beware as the say. Don't buy this dryer and don't go to the Brick.

The new Frigidaire water saving washing machines are complete garbage, when you throw a load of clothes and there is a piece of Kleenex paper in a pocket, the machine won't ever rip the paper up like every other machine does, so if it is so "gentle" as to not even to be able to rip up a piece of paper, how well does it clean your clothes? And often times the water does not even cover the top of the clothes! This particular machine does not have a water level adjustment for the wash cycle, and only has a water level adjustment for the rinse cycle, which would explain how the clothes actually get wet, but should get wet in the wash cycle.

And this piece of crap machine is always off balance, so if you stop the machine to balance the load out on the rinse cycle, then the rinse cycle starts all over again, meaning the machine fills up with water only to become unbalanced again..... NEVER, I MEAN NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a machine that uses a thimble full of water to wash your clothes. The only cycle that uses adequate water level is the rinse cycle, so I throw my clothes in on the rinse cycle, then when the machine is full I turn it over to another cycle.... piece of crap machine, I hate it! I rent, so I can't even return the piece of junk..... never buy one, you'll be sorry, and it's so noisy you'll offend your neighbors washing clothes!!

We purchased a Frigidaire washer/dryer set 2 1/2 years ago. The dryer literally started acting up the day after the 1 year warranty was up. We looked up the code and it was a heater issue. We purchased the heater part (which was over $100) from the local store where we got the set. My husband fixed it. The appliance store guy tried to tell us that it most likely happened because our hose was too long and should be moved or shortened... Which my husband did while he was at fixing the heater. Fast forward another 6 months: Same error code and dryer getting super hot before finally just not putting out any heat. Ordered part on Amazon for around $80. Husband fixes yet again. Fast forward to 2 days ago: Dryer giving statement on pad that the door is open, but door is not open. Seals are fine, everything with door is fine.

I noticed dryer getting very hot just prior to this. Thought maybe it was a switch... It wasn't a switch. Ended up it's the dumb heater, yet again. The open door announcement was actually the same code for the heater error. We ordered another $80 heater and it will arrive tomorrow. My husband is so tired of tearing into this dryer every 3-6 months and putting all of this money into it. It is ridiculous. Of course, we didn't purchase the extended warranty. This is a real lemon and I wouldn't give this dryer to my worst enemy. The washer has been fine, the dryer is an awful piece of junk with an apparent fault that needs to be corrected before it causes a fire. I think the company should certainly be responsible for this and in the very least ashamed to put out such a bad quality product. I highly doubt we'd have any recourse.

10/13 purchase can use either mold in washer and fire hazard in dryer. Used for 1 year set sits in basement. Went back to basic washer dyer. Works great. The amount of bleach and vinegar to get mold free clothes has been exhausting. What a ripoff. Filed a complaint with companies who states the product fine. Buyers beware.

We purchased a stackable Frigidaire steam washer and dryer on September 27, 2016 and although the washer has been fine, the dryer has had issues already. After just 9 days, an error code showed up on the screen, "EFI." I could not find this code on the Frigidaire website. Fortunately, we took a service contract on these appliance. The repair person said it was not connected properly (not the fault of the appliance or company). So he reconnected it the way it should have been initially. There was no problem since then until 2 days ago - same error code showed up on the screen! Waiting until tomorrow to call again for a service call on it again. Has anyone else had a problem with their steam dryer? Does anyone know what error code EF1 is? We replaced these appliances due to a Whirlpool washer that was only six years old and had 3 major repairs done, until the repair person said it would be too costly to repair again! Help!

Purchased new model FASE7073NW 12/28/13. Now October 25, 2016 it is necessary to replace the heater element - parts and labor about half the cost of the unit when it was new. Better to keep 30-year-old reliable washers and dryers. To get less than three years use from a new dryer is inexcusable.

We have owned the Frigidaire Washer and Dryer since 2004 and they're still going strong. Only one maintenance call and that was for a knob that broke off. We may now be in the market for new ones not that ours are giving us a problem but just to get newer models with more efficiency.

I bought this washer 3 years ago. From the very start there were problems. It would not run hot water into the tub. I had a repair man come and look at it and he couldn't fix it. Then the spring broke on the lid and it would not stay open. Again I called a repair man. The spring would break a total of 3 times in the 3 years I had this machine. It being an HE machine I knew it would not use as much water but it would not run enough water to cover even cover the smallest amount of clothes in the tub. I would have to stop the machine and start over to get just enough water to just cover the items. And it was always cold water, no matter what temperature I selected. I got rid of this machine this week. I will never buy another Frigidaire again. I bought a new Maytag washer and it is such a pleasure to use. After 3 years of dealing with that piece of junk I had.

Over the years I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Should I leave the door open or closed after use. I have mold all around the door, etc. I have bought washing machine cleaners, scrubbed with a brush and scouring pad. I get stains on my clothes. I have multiple cracks and plastic pieces coming off. My Daughter sent me a text saying there was an issue with front loaders. I checked, Frigidaire is not included. When I did a search I saw several people are having problems with the same washer I have. Consumer affairs needs to look at all front loaders that are over 5+ years old as there appears a defect that was detected in all makes and models as this mold issue is not restricted to one brand.

I am so disappointed as I bought a front loader as they were to be gentler on clothes, but it is the opposite. With stains and mold. I have had it repaired more than once and now my dryer, which also has broken plastic pieces the same as the washer is needing repair. The material they used is not holding up, wonder if that contributes to the mold. Buyer beware and look at the new top loaders first!

Frigidaire Washer - Model FAHE 4044MW. We have had this machine for 3 years and we have had trouble with it the entire time. It has been leaving linty/oily stains on our clothes. We had the entire inside replaced (cost about $300) which was supposed to fix the problem. It did not. We have had a repair man to our house and on the phone with Frigidaire at least 5 times. Frigidaire has taken zero responsibility for the issue and has told us there is nothing they can do. They feel it is a "loading issue". I am so disappointed with this product - we have ruined so many clothes because of this stain/issue. More importantly, I am disappointed with Frigidaire customer service and lack of accountability. I will never purchase another Frigidaire product.

I bought a Frigidaire Model # FAFW3801LW3 on 10/05/2012. I have replaced two belts, door latch, and sensor board within the 4 year period of owning this machine. And now the belt is broke again. I have made sure the washer was level at all times. I also found out this model has been discontinued. I was so excited to get a front load washer. My clothes always smell moldy (I have used the washing machine cleaner faithfully) and I can't seem to keep the machine in working order. I am so frustrated. I called Frigidaire and the only response was to pay a service tech to come out. Why is it no one backs their products anymore?

We only had our Gallery series for a few years and started having problems with the washer where it wouldn't drain. We were constantly having to hit drain and spin 3-4 times after wash, and even that didn't work sometimes. It was about 8 yrs old when it started to rust under the laundry door. Then we had problems with the dryer. The last problem was the control panel broke and would have to be replaced. Well we figured a couple hundred so we chucked them both and purchased new LG. Our washer and dryer were only 10 years old when we got rid of them. My friend said that she has had hers close to 20 years (Not a Frigidaire) and no problems. It sucks that we had to spend about 2 grand for new ones already. Purchased from Jetson's Appliance.

Washing machine leaves tiny pinholes in all t-shirts – USING the most gentle cycle on machine, and brand new t-shirts are getting tiny pinholes in middle of shirts. Very unhappy with this machine.

BUYERS BE AWARE!! Washing machine purchased in 2007. Over the past 5 years I have had a horrible rash on my arms, legs and back. I have see multiple doctors had biopsies and tried everything topical you can think of and NOTHING helped! Why? Because the root of the rash lay in my Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer and transferred to my clothes, sheets and towels! MOLD! I have a terrible allergy to mold! I Called Frigidaire and they say they know nothing about this yet. After researching I found that to be inaccurate. There are other mold reviews. BUYERS BE AWARE!! There are so many adults and children allergic to mold. I sure don't want them to go through what I have!!

Thank goodness I didn't purchase the stackable top loader machine for my home. This is the worst machine ever. Not only does it not let you choose the water level... the machine does (how I don't know) but I have clothes that have DRY spots on them. Meaning to me there was not enough water in the machine to begin with. Now let me tell you how bad it rips up your clothes and towels... NEW towels at that. The dryer is no better than the washer. No matter what you put in it you have to choose 90 min. for it to dry. I am so regretful that I didn't read these reviews before buy this disappointing combine set... even though it was for my vacation house.

Have a Affinity washer that is 10 years old and the control board broke and there is no boards being made any more. Had to get a used one off of ebay. Overall a good washer. Just should be able to get parts.

I purchased a Frigidaire Affinity front loader because my 30 year old washing machine finally died. I thought I had done my homework when I picked the new washer, BUT... within the first year I noticed that the rinse water flowing into the laundry tub had fine dirt-like or ash-like sediment. It didn't seem to be in the clothes but it became fairly consistent. I had several different repair calls over the past 7 years or so and nobody could figure it out. They cleaned the screens and tried different things but nothing worked and I just resolved that we would live with the weird sediment. Unfortunately, this started while it was still under warranty but I was such a novice that I was sure it was my water or the hook-up that was the problem.

This week, after I finished a load, I noticed what looked like white plastic strips in with the clothes. I checked all the pockets and everything else to be sure I had not let something else in the washer. I then decided to check behind the rubber collar attached to the tub and found grainy stuff and plastic pieces. I also discovered that the tub no longer rotated freely.

With a sinking feeling, I checked the Consumer Affairs website and found similar complaints indicating that a repair would not help. I called a repair company and as soon as this technician saw the piece I had salvaged he confirmed my suspicion. He then pulled back the rubber and inspected the tub and explained that what was in the wash were pieces of the tub coming apart! He asked if I had heard any noises; initially I said no, but then I realized it was on a very rainy thundery evening and I had convinced myself that what I heard was either thunder or the sump pump! So now I need a new washer and I'm not hearing very much good about anything that is really bullet-proof. Bottom line? I will never buy another Frigidaire product and am kicking myself for not complaining to the manufacturer in the first place.

My Frigidaire Affinity washing machine has been tearing up our clothes for at least two years now. We purchased the machine in 2009 and it started in about 2013. We blamed one another at first and did not call the company, but recently we have realized there is nothing more we can do different. We wash half a load of laundry at a time and always use the slow spin cycle. We now have probably lost about $300-$400 in clothing thinking back. I called the company to see if there is anything they can say about it and they just said, "your machine is out of warranty, so there is nothing we can do".

The customer service guy I spoke to also recommended I purchase extended warranty in the future. That would have cost me more than the machine. I will not be paying for a service call on this machine as we have had other minor problems already that we have paid for and I have read that others have had this same problem with this machine and could not find the fix after spending hundreds of dollars on repairs. I will never purchase anything Frigidaire again after this experience.

Dryer model FASE7021NW and washer FAFW3921NW. The first issue occurred the months after our purchase. Good thing it had a one year warranty. It was a $400 dollar circuit board that went out. I thought no big deal I have never had issues with washers and dryers it must have been a one off. Now I start having issues with my dryer. It will no longer dry clothes and says E67 or something like that. My husband was hit on his motorcycle in 2013 when someone ran a red light it's only my income. I'm so upset I have a house to try and keep clean, kids to feed, and buy clothes and other miscellaneous stuff. I work two jobs and spent probably about $700 for the unit and warranty. That's a lot of money to throw in the trash not even two years later. We purchased in March 2014. Yes I was given the opportunity to buy more warranty but I didn't have the money 1 year $112.42 two years $202.34, three years $269.78.

I should not have to buy a warranty why can't these businesses make quality products. I would like these products to be made like they were in the 80s. I should have just put my money into a used machine I would have had longer use it of it and I would not have paid $700 and now that I have had the new I'm sure I will never purchase new washer or dryer again. I will pay $700 for the oldie but goodie washers and dryers. Thanks for smacking me back into reality Frigidaire. I will never fall for your gimmicks or any be washer and dryer save energy crap ever again. Yeah may have saved some energy. Here goes all the energy I have left. Thanks for making my life more hectic than it was before our purchase.

Just moved into new apartment with brand new appliances, all Frigidaire. They've been around forever, so I assumed they'd be good. The stacked washer/dryer is horrific. It's supposed to be energy conserving, but when you dry cotton towels on the "cotton towel" setting(hi temp) they are still damp. You have to dry them for 90 minutes! Our old washer & dryer were about 15 years old and would dry towels in about 40-50 minutes. Washer is so noisy it sounds like you are washing wooden shoes. I can't wash clothes when my husband is asleep (in the bedroom with door closed) because it wakes him up.

This is the second unit we've had. The first one would only dry on the normal and lower settings for about 5 minutes, then stop. The useless repair company they contract with sent out an older Italian gentleman who kept trying to say the vent wasn't working because it didn't vibrate!? He also said the unit was sensitive, "like a women", I wanted to kick him! The building contractor said that was not the case at all. The manager has been talking to Frigidaire for months to get them to replace. The unit to no avail. The company that built these apartments bought tons of appliances from them, so I can't even imagine how they'd treat a single customer. Also, the dishwasher is useless. Had one pan with a small amount of food left on it, used the recommended soap, it was filthy when the cycle was over. The fridge seems ok, but all it has to do is stay cold and make ice.

Our Affinity Washer was purchased on 11/2015. It was bought along with the matching Affinity dryer. We opted to stack them due to room constraints. They are very nice looking machines and we noticed the efficiency of the water and electricity usage. HOWEVER, the washing machine (remember not even 2 years later) is, as of today, JUNK. It has always acted funny. Dripping water during a wash, making a racket, not spinning all the water out.

However last week it reacted very badly to a blanket it had washed many times (basic cotton blanket we use for our dog). It left it sopping wet and during the spin cycle it jumped and rocked about one foot forward and was so crazy that it broke the latch to the door! So... I fixed the latch (a 15 dollar part) and proceeded to run another load. Well this time it left the clothes soaked again (intentionally about 8 pieces of clothes) and a horrible burnt plastic smell emanated from the machine. Called the repair guy - 85 dollars to tell me the bearing went out. It will cost 365.00 to get it fixed! Of course I called Frigidaire but of course so sorry nothing can be done. I will never purchase Frigidaire, ever. I wish I had my old top loader that I gave away to get this fancy piece of JUNK.

I bought my Frigidaire washer/dryer combo 30 years ago and with everyday use it has had absolutely no repairs. I just finished my 3rd load today and keep waiting for something to break down but it never does. Clothes come out clean and the dryer is fast and efficient. I will only buy Frigidaire in the future unless, of course, I'm in a nursing home.

Compare Washers and Dryers