Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

396 Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have owned my set for 14 mos. and I have only had one problem with the washer. In adding fabric softener, I found out that it was clogging the drain hole and had to have a tech to come out and fix it. He told me to pour hot water in the fabric softener dispenser to keep that hole clean. So now, after 3 or 4 wash loads, I pour hot water that I heat up in the microwave, then I run it on a drain and spin cycle. That has worked the best.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

It Cleans my laundry very well although it is a bit slow. The dryer does well also but also slow. The dryer leaves the laundry quite soft and wrinkle free. The washer has a delicate cycle which I use often.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have had the washer-dryer pair for about 15-years. All current models from every manufacturer are too big for my needs and available space but Frigidaire offered a slim model only 25-inches deep that fit better than every other product I could find. After 10-years they began having electronic issues but after find a repair person I found the replacement parts for about half the price of buying new units that were designed without considering consumers who do not have families to keep clean. I was surprised that all manufacturers are blind to building trim units for Single people who want small units not big and bulky.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

As soon as the warranty was up the machine started having problems. Just stops all the time. Cleaned the filter which took 3 hours. Still stops seemingly for no reason. Have had a Samsung in a rental suite for years, never a problem. Same one in a previous house and it worked great for years. This 2 and a half year old Frigidaire is on its way to the recycling.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Purchased both of these as a brand new set in 2014. Had to replace the heating coil in the dryer in 2016. Heating coil went out again in early 2019. Replaced the dryer in 2019 with a different brand. The washer requires monthly cleaning to get the mold/mildew out of the front door seal. If you leave it open to dry so it won't get gunky, the stress on the hinges pulls the door out of alignment and has caused the silver flashing to crack. The soap dispenser needs to be cleaned on the same schedule as well for the same reason. I predict a new washer as well in early 2020.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 30, 2019

We bought a Frigidaire Affinity dryer in the Fall of 2014. It is no longer under warranty so the consistent repair required is at our own expense. We’ve regularly cleaned the lint screen, which never did work correctly, and results in a regular buildup of lint throughout the entire interior of the unit. It was repaired by a professional once who explained the problem with the lint screen that doesn’t catch lint, but disperses throughout the interior, causing a buildup of lint and a potential fire hazard. To date, we regular have to take the dryer apart ourselves in order to clean out the lint within, and the air flow is weakened as a result, leaving our clothes damp after 90 minutes of drying time... I’ll never buy another Frigidaire appliance again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We bought appliance new in Sept. 2018. 1st load we noticed soap residue on our black clothing. We have soft water and are using between 1 and 2 teaspoons of detergent per load. We received some suggestions but no solutions from Frigidaire All reports we have read have the same complaint. We upped house water temp/wash all loads at hot or warm setting/wash all loads on heavy duty setting/make loads heavier by soaking them first to fool machine to add more water. Many times we wash loads x2. We purchased 4 high end Frigidaire appliances at same time but are getting nowhere with this issue with manufacturer. (No issues with other appliances.) We even offered to return and buy higher quality Frigidaire product. I highly recommend staying away from this model of washing machine.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We rent. When our old stackable finally conked out after 10 years, the landlord brought us a brand new stackable Frigidaire energy efficient set. Hardly ever spins out without notifying us and we have to arrange the wet clothes in the washer. When it does work, it leaves horrible white marks on my black dress clothes. I do use a small amount of liquid detergent. Garbage product. Do not buy. The washer does not even give enough water to cover the clothes. PS: I only gave 1 star as they wouldn't let me post this without selecting one.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The worst washer I've ever seen. You're better off with a rock and stream. Should have spent the extra money and got a good one. Please don't be as dumb as I was. You will regret it. I promise. It was the worst experience I've had. What a piece of junk.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The gas dryer came with the new home. Unfortunately this is how the builder saved money by getting these inferior Frigidaire appliances and unaware buyers not realizing the poor quality. This dryer has to be run more than once at maximum temperature and maximum drying! It is not being overloaded. Twice someone was sent who did some sort of test to see hot air was going through it and, therefore, said it was working. I know hot air comes out! It’s just not drying the clothes properly. I’ve also had the vent checked by the builder, including going on top of the roof. The final answer from the repairman was perhaps I’d have to use the timed dry instead of the sensor cycles. Also, the towels, when done, have a bad feel to them, not quite slimy, but not how you’d expect towels to feel. Furthermore, I’ve had them start to smell after one use showing that bacteria has not been dried out of them!!!

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

• Best for: People who want to wash a lot of clothes very quickly, large families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs