Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

3.1/5 (759 ratings)

About Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 30, 2022

The customer service department has lied to me about starting a review process to be sent a new washer machine which can't be repaired due to unavailable parts. They continue to say the process has started.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I have a Frigidaire washer dryer combo which was in my condo when I purchased it. I have the receipt, it is less than 4 years old, and it has been gently used. When I had trouble with the washing machine I contacted customer service. We discussed various options, including possible discounted parts but was told I would need to get an assessment by an authorized service provider at my cost. The first agent actually hung up on me when I suggested it might be financially prudent to just get a new machine. I called again a few days later and asked for contact information for a service provider.

I had an assessment ($146) and was told that my machine needed 2 major parts which would cost approximately $500 without labour and that one of the parts was unavailable anywhere. I again contacted customer service and was told that since I was not the original owner the only support I would get was free parts shipping if I bought the parts from them. She was able to source and price one of the parts but told me I would have to look up the other one in some online parts catalogue. I asked for a supervisor but have not heard from one.

Why was I asked to have an assessment if they weren't going to provide any support? Now I am out $146, still have a broken washing machine and will likely replace it with a new one. So much for climate friendly solutions. Unbelievably bad product support! I also have a frigidaire range with burners that come on without being turned on but that is another story.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I had a Frigidaire dryer that I bought off someone. On the 29th of January at about 8pm it made a loud noise like an exploration and caught fire. I tried to reach out to Frigidaire but then they asked me for serial number. Since I couldn't provide it because it got burnt. I expected Frigidaire to send a representative to verify this or better call the fire service department (L'île Bizard) for the report. We have been traumatized since that incident and Frigidaire hasn't called me back up until now.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Upon 3 years of light use and diligent lint trap and duct cleaning, the dryer of my Frigidaire laundry center combo caught fire and stopped working. Fortunately I was home and was able to put out the fire. After multiple attempts to obtain compensation from the company, I finally gave up. I refuse to pay $100+ for an assessment visit, to hear that it may cost hundreds of dollars to fix this machine, which I believe may continue to be a fire hazard. I will throw away a fairly new machine for lack of customer support, and buy a different set from a more reliable brand. I will never buy, or recommend any of Electrolux products ever again, and will file a lawsuit, as this could have easily gotten out of hand and threatened the safety of my family, or damage my property.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I WILL NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE AGAIN. WASHER DRYER COMBO MODEL: FFLG4033QW1 has a problem with venting lint, from day one of professional, authorized dealer installation. Three visits by Frigidaire authorized service reps all came to the same conclusion: there is a problem venting lint. All three reps said there was nothing they could do. Frigidaire offers NO WARRANTY for faulty equipment. Frigidaire refused to replace, refund or repair this broken washer-dryer combo. Just remodeled my kitchen and installed all new LG appliances. I WILL NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE AGAIN. Please consider doing the same

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I have an extended warranty from Frigidaire which is basically worthless to me. They refused to cover a broken part on the Laundry Center that is 3 years old. A clip broke on the machine front which is causing the dials to malfunction. This is from a family of 2 adults which uses the machine maybe twice a week. So because it's the cover of the unit it is not covered under the extended Warranty. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with supervisors who just kept saying the part is not covered. So my machine is now worthless because we can't start the dryer. I would never purchase a Frigidaire product or an extended warranty from them again. I learned my lesson the hard way. The technician said it will be a $300 fix. I would rather buy a new product than to give them any more of our hard earned money. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

My apartment room has a stacked washer & dryer (and this is brand-new because our building is new and I'm the very first tenant in my unit) and it has been a headache. First of all, the washer never works well with any other setting other than "Normal" and it needs to be fully loaded with regular clothes, socks, underwear etc. When things are bulky or small amount (with "Low" setting) or I use setting other than "Normal", it ALWAYS stops working for "Balance load". When this happens, I have to start the whole washing cycle again with "Normal" setting because the lock doesn't get loose.

The lid never opens without running it again from the beginning with "Normal" (no other setting would work). I have been trying to reach the customer service on the phone but no luck. I called them 3 times and all those 3 times, I was on hold for over an hour, and never get to talk to anyone. This website is my last hope. Hopefully I get to talk to someone and get the replacement.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I had to replace the latch on the door. Within weeks the new latch, which was quite expensive, was pushed inside the machine, again. The hinge will not hold the door in alignment with the latch. I double checked all the screws, again, but there is still at least a half inch of vertical play. I removed two screws to remove the gaurd over the lint trap to clean out what had gotten past the lint screen, which was quite a lot. When I replaced it the screws would not tighten and there is no way to get to the back of the screw. Were your college educated engineers so stupid that they put fasteners on these screws that fall out of place if removed? If there were an easy way to give feedback to the company I would. Perhaps they would correct the errors. In lieu of that I will leave this review with the advice that you seek out a different dryer, that hopefully is designed a bit better, perhaps by an engineer that actually has common sense.

Original review: May 24, 2020

For the price the front loader machine is great but I have it repaired several times. After 10 years it's still a good buy in my book. I have worry free plan which helps. Always leave the door open after washing to prevent a mildew smell.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Recently we had the first service call on our washing machine which is almost 14 years old. The technician who made the repairs (replaced control circuit board and drum shock absorbers) said many machine do not last this long.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Company Information