Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Washers & Dryers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased these machines in the 1980's. They have never given me one problem at all. Never let me down. I can't recommend them high enough. The washer has all the features I need to wash all my different fabrics well and efficiently. The dryer is great - from air drying to hot, with everything in between including permanent press cycles.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I have had my KitchenAid top loading washer and front loading dryer for 11 years now and it still performs like the day I bought it new. I use every one of the settings and wash just about everything and every day. My dryer has an energy saving setting on it and my clothes dry in no time and I never have used the cotton setting. I use the perma press cycle. It also has a buzzer to let you know when your load is finished. My washer has an optional second rinse on it and a nice large basket. I can't say anything bad about my set and when the time comes I will be sure and purchase KitchenAid washer and dryer again unless the features have greatly changed. And if I can find a dealer.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I have/own a KitchenAid washer since 1994. It just broke down last weekend. I believe the gearbox locked up or seized, won't wash or spin, can't even move the agitator... 22 years old. I never had a single problem or needed a single repair on this washer ever since it was put in the basement (came with the house I bought at new). It was a heavy duty/extra large capacity model. Now I am searching and shopping for a new machine. I still have the matching dryer, which is the same model type as the washer. The belt broke on it 3 yrs ago. Other than that, had no repairs needed... So many models and makes now. Don't know what to get, front load or top??? I hear now, manufactures state machines will only last 10 yrs...

Original review: May 11, 2013

I purchased my KitchenAid washer, model #KAWE800T, and matching dryer in 1988. These machines took me through raising two daughters, their diapers, them learning to do their own laundry, their putting as many pairs of jeans in the load as humanly possible and now, their visiting from the dorms to do laundry. Last week, I made my very first service call for a vacuum seal that was replaced in minutes. The lint screen is worn, but it's 25 years old. This washer and dryer have paid for themselves many times over and I will mourn their loss when I purchase new high efficiency machines.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2012

I bought a new KitchenAid washer and dryer from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, Nebraska, and they were installed 10 March 2000. The washer is a Model KAW7505T. Both machines are now twelve and a half years old. Neither the washer nor dryer have ever needed any repair, and have performed perfectly the entire time. The dryer still runs perfectly. The washer just developed a leak, which is its first problem, and I debated whether to have it repaired or buy a new one. I opted to buy new as opposed to fixing this one due to its age. Since I cannot find a new KitchenAid washer locally, I bought an LG top loader new design washer, which will be installed tomorrow, but am very pessimistic that it will perform as good as the old KitchenAid washer. I am upgrading to a unit without an agitator. If I could buy the same exact model that I have been using for a dozen years trouble-free, I would certainly do that. Perhaps it is because the older products were better constructed and made to last longer and more trouble-free, but in any case, I have nothing but rave reviews about my experience with KitchenAid products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2011

We bought a KitchenAid Washer and Dryer approximately five years ago. Both units have broken down. The dryer had bad solenoids for the gas valve and with the washer, it was a coupler that was made of plastic. This is what pulls the drum and it was made of plastic. I will never buy another KitchenAid product again.

Also, with the washer, I asked the company (Whirlpool) to put it out there, that this coupler was plastic and should be metal and to at least notify customers. They told me that they do not do this. What a company!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2011

My first washer/dryer lasted over 17 years. I only bought new as I was moving. And it was easier to just purchase a new one instead of moving the old, so I left it with the house that I sold. I purchased a KitchenAid washer/dryer. Just ten days past the warranty, the heating element went out of the dryer. John's Appliance (who I purchased it from) said that they couldn't honor the warranty and they were going to charge me $80 for just the service call. Since they were already out there, what could I do? The total cost was about $220. Last week, the shut off button on the dryer quit, so when you open the door, it is still tumbling. It will shut off by using the dial on the top--well, for now, anyway. This morning, the light inside the dryer quit. What's next?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

KitchenAid and Maytag service is hell on wheels. My washer drum broke few weeks after we got it. They would not replace it. They told us to use it till they fix it. Weeks went by and no parts came. I asked them to replace it. They told me they have to fix it three times and they were very nasty. Well, it came. All parts were broken into pieces. Home Depot, the store where we got it from, replaced it. They got nowhere with KitchenAid and Maytag. Now, my refrigerator is less than a year old. The ice maker has gone south and rust has formed. It will not work. Six weeks have gone by and there were no parts to be found. I told them to send me a new ice maker bucket. They said they can't do that and they have to find the parts. And they were nasty to me. It's a piece of junk. Do not buy KitchenAid or Maytag. Buyer, beware. KitchenAid is no longer a customer friendly company. They do not stand behind their product. If they resolve this, I will report back. But as my husband is on the phone and it doesn't sound promising, you probably will not be hearing anything more on this piece of junk!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2011

I purchased My Kitchenaid Washer and Dryer from Hansen's Appliance on 8/31/2010. I already have had my Washer repaired. Then today, I had to have the Dryer repaired when a belt, which is not even a year old, broke at a cost of $116.53. I always thought Kitchenaid was the top of the line in appliances. I guess I was wrong. Either that, or Hansen's is doing something to make money on parts.

Original review: July 29, 2009

In 2003, I purchased three new KitchenAid appliances, one of which was the Superba washing machine model KAWS850LE0. From the very beginning, the machine would occasionally overflow on a frequency of about once every six months. I assumed it was my error, since I would let the tub fill with water and soap slightly before adding the clothes. So, I never called the manufacturer about the warranty. I started putting clothes in first, then filling with water; but the problem persisted. It appears that the wash water does not drain before the rinse water comes into the tub.

Then, we moved in 2006 and took the washer with us since it was only 3 years old. The problem came with us, and I then decided to contact the manufacturer. Whirlpool would not honor the warranty, since it had lapsed by the time I decided to contact them. But they offered to consider some help if we used their authorized repair centers. We did that on several occasions, paid for the trip charges, only to have the repairmen unable to replicate the problem. We replaced a few parts that they thought were possibly causing the problem at our expense, of course. Still, the problem persists.

I am done with the repair centers. Whirlpool has been unwilling to concede that this machine has a serious flaw and has not paid for any repair visits but offered me a token, which was 15% off a new appliance. I passed on the offer. I really thought washers fell into the category of "durable goods," which should last in excess of 10 years. Obviously, not Whirlpool or KitchenAid products.

KitchenAid Washers & Dryers Company Information