Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

16 KitchenAid Washers & Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased these machines in the 1980's. They have never given me one problem at all. Never let me down. I can't recommend them high enough. The washer has all the features I need to wash all my different fabrics well and efficiently. The dryer is great - from air drying to hot, with everything in between including permanent press cycles.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I have had my KitchenAid top loading washer and front loading dryer for 11 years now and it still performs like the day I bought it new. I use every one of the settings and wash just about everything and every day. My dryer has an energy saving setting on it and my clothes dry in no time and I never have used the cotton setting. I use the perma press cycle. It also has a buzzer to let you know when your load is finished. My washer has an optional second rinse on it and a nice large basket. I can't say anything bad about my set and when the time comes I will be sure and purchase KitchenAid washer and dryer again unless the features have greatly changed. And if I can find a dealer.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I have/own a KitchenAid washer since 1994. It just broke down last weekend. I believe the gearbox locked up or seized, won't wash or spin, can't even move the agitator... 22 years old. I never had a single problem or needed a single repair on this washer ever since it was put in the basement (came with the house I bought at new). It was a heavy duty/extra large capacity model. Now I am searching and shopping for a new machine. I still have the matching dryer, which is the same model type as the washer. The belt broke on it 3 yrs ago. Other than that, had no repairs needed... So many models and makes now. Don't know what to get, front load or top??? I hear now, manufactures state machines will only last 10 yrs...

Original review: March 22, 2005

Whirlpool delivered my KitchenAid clothes washer. I paid extra for installation. Their service technician did not check to make sure the washer was working before leaving. The VERY FIRST wash I tried to run the washer would not agitate. Called KitchenAid customer service and they sent out a repair technician. Besides cutting himself and bleeding inside and outside my new washer and and on my laundry room wall, he did nothing to fix the item. He said the motor was bad and would have to order the part. So looks like about 5-7 days to get the part and then another 3-5 days to schedule yet another 4-hour window to repair a brand new KitchenAid product. Obviously I was not happy about this so I called KitchenAid "Customer Service". Unbelievably they said they would not replace the product but would only repair it even though they delivered a broken useless product. Still waiting on the product to be fixed and still watching my dirty clothes pile up in the corner of my bedroom.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2006

Two weeks ago, our 4 year old dryer stopped working. It took 6 days for the factory authorized repairperson to come out. A part had to be ordered. As of a week later, the part hasn't even been shipped. So it'll be about 3 weeks, without a dryer, going to the Laundromat, not to mention the expense of having the dryer fixed, and the expense and inconvenience of going to the Laundromat. Several years ago, we bought a KitchenAid dishwasher. It came with defective parts and didn't work from the beginning. Can this complaint at least be posted on your website, and other sites, to discourage people from buying KitchenAid products?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: May 16, 2005

We built a new retirement home and moved in April 2001. We filled the kitchen with Kitchen Aid appliances... We thought they were top-of-the-line. To date, we've had the refrigerator worked on four or five times with freezer problems, a new motor had to be put in the dishwasher the first or second month we had it. The wall oven continually stops working, asking us to insert the thermometer orb/probe. I just paid a repairman last week over 200 dollars to repair our washer and dryer, agitator part broke on washer and fell out onto floor, dryer needed new timer replaced (washer and dryer are approx. 8 months older than kitchen appliances) and today I opened the microwave oven door and it made a horrible loud pop and a broken blue steel bar popped out... I think it broke from inside the door somewhere... That's the final straw, I think... This is ridiculous! We have probably 7 thousand dollars worth of Kitchen Aid appliances and it's falling apart. What is our recourse??? I've told anyone that will listen how bad these appliances have been.

Original review: May 11, 2013

I purchased my KitchenAid washer, model #KAWE800T, and matching dryer in 1988. These machines took me through raising two daughters, their diapers, them learning to do their own laundry, their putting as many pairs of jeans in the load as humanly possible and now, their visiting from the dorms to do laundry. Last week, I made my very first service call for a vacuum seal that was replaced in minutes. The lint screen is worn, but it's 25 years old. This washer and dryer have paid for themselves many times over and I will mourn their loss when I purchase new high efficiency machines.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2012

I bought a new KitchenAid washer and dryer from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, Nebraska, and they were installed 10 March 2000. The washer is a Model KAW7505T. Both machines are now twelve and a half years old. Neither the washer nor dryer have ever needed any repair, and have performed perfectly the entire time. The dryer still runs perfectly. The washer just developed a leak, which is its first problem, and I debated whether to have it repaired or buy a new one. I opted to buy new as opposed to fixing this one due to its age. Since I cannot find a new KitchenAid washer locally, I bought an LG top loader new design washer, which will be installed tomorrow, but am very pessimistic that it will perform as good as the old KitchenAid washer. I am upgrading to a unit without an agitator. If I could buy the same exact model that I have been using for a dozen years trouble-free, I would certainly do that. Perhaps it is because the older products were better constructed and made to last longer and more trouble-free, but in any case, I have nothing but rave reviews about my experience with KitchenAid products.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2011

We bought a KitchenAid Washer and Dryer approximately five years ago. Both units have broken down. The dryer had bad solenoids for the gas valve and with the washer, it was a coupler that was made of plastic. This is what pulls the drum and it was made of plastic. I will never buy another KitchenAid product again.

Also, with the washer, I asked the company (Whirlpool) to put it out there, that this coupler was plastic and should be metal and to at least notify customers. They told me that they do not do this. What a company!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2011

My first washer/dryer lasted over 17 years. I only bought new as I was moving. And it was easier to just purchase a new one instead of moving the old, so I left it with the house that I sold. I purchased a KitchenAid washer/dryer. Just ten days past the warranty, the heating element went out of the dryer. John's Appliance (who I purchased it from) said that they couldn't honor the warranty and they were going to charge me $80 for just the service call. Since they were already out there, what could I do? The total cost was about $220. Last week, the shut off button on the dryer quit, so when you open the door, it is still tumbling. It will shut off by using the dial on the top--well, for now, anyway. This morning, the light inside the dryer quit. What's next?

KitchenAid Washers & Dryers Company Information