2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.0/5 (5452 ratings)

About Maytag Washers & Dryers

Maytag Washers & Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Washers & Dryers?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Recently purchased a washer from Home Depot. Machine is now on its 3rd repair. The wiring harness is fired. Could have caused a fire. Now they still will not replace and part is on order which will take 4 weeks to be in stock. I called Maytag and expressed my concerns to which they could not help me as every washer is theirs can be repaired. I really don’t understand what happened to making things right. Very frustrated that they will not repair or reimburse for that matter. Please refund my mom and pick it up.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The soap dispenser along with the port it slides in becomes molded and is not easy to clean, front loader. I never had a front loader washer with this moldy problem. I have been cleaning it at least once a month,

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Back in late 2017 we paid over $800 to purchase a front loader Maytag washing machine from Lowe's. Before the year long warranty was up, the control board/motherboard stopped functioning. Maytag sent a repairman who tried to blame the problem on us even though he appeared well aware of the problems with Maytag/Whirlpool. After appealing to Lowe's, they intervened and Maytag agreed to replace the washer with a higher model. (This process took many phone calls and a great deal of frustration).

One year later, shortly after the warranty expired on the second washer, the control board again stopped functioning properly on the second Maytag washer. Since then, I have been rebooting the machine, starting the cycle over again numerous times and doing everything within my power to keep the washer going. The cost of replacing the control board is outrageous. Soon I will replace this machine with an LG with an extended service warranty. No more Maytag or Whirlpool products for me! They are once great American corporations that have fallen apart and are riddled with dishonesty and greed. I guess these corporations only mirror what is going on in this country and government.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Maytag is the worst dryer ever purchased. We bought it in 2019 and the heating element broke. When I contacted Maytag directly, they said, "nothing they could do." Really?? A major part was defected and there was nothing they could do! It's very sad when a major company that you purchased from shuts you down with a defected piece in their dryer and they chose not to help out the consumer. Shameful! I will NEVER purchase another product from them again...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Bought at Lowe's, they said they don't help if you had it over 30 days. Maytag will not replace until they try to repair it. Part has not came in yet. They will not replace unless it can be repaired. In the mean time I paid $800. For something I can't use. Bought June 11th, been without since August 17.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Absolutely the worst washer I’ve ever had! Do not buy this washer. Even after a double rinse there is white matter left all over everything! I’ve taken photographs of my laundry after two rinses and it’s disgusting. I will be quite happy to submit the photographs at any time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

There's nothing at all good about this machine. It is impossible to work with. I've hated it since the day I got it. Don't buy it, ever, ever, ever. You can't put additional items in once it's started, you can't adjust a load that's uneven and get it to complete a cycle, it takes forever to do one wash and it often rinses multiple times and there's no way to stop it. I HATE THIS MACHINE. HATE IT. LIKE IT'S A PERSON. HATE. Is that clear enough?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

We are extremely frustrated with this machine. It takes an extremely long time to go through the cycle, compared to past washing machines, even when it is working. It rarely completes the cycle and often goes back to "wash" and stops. We have no way of knowing if it washed or rinsed or what. To get it to finish, we have to turn the dial to drain and spin. The clothes always come out tightly twisted and tangled up and have to be untwisted and items pulled from each other....so they are extremely wrinkled! This is the first and last Maytag product we will ever buy. We HATE it!!! I would say it has been a lemon from day one but Home Hardware was no help when we complained. We tell everyone to stay away from this product.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Had previous Maytag for years. Good, reliable, easily repaired product. Cycle sequencing very recognizable. New washing machines are ridiculously designed. Neither you nor the repairman have any idea what the cycles are or if they are even working as designed. Many cycles start out trying to wash with little or no visible water in the drum (top loader). The clothes come out tied in knots. I now wait for the agitation to start then pause and add water for three to five minutes then restart. What a nuisance. I have called customer care many times and they are courteous but not very helpful. This machine is an engineering nightmare. If I were in charge I would retire the people who dreamt up this contraption and get back to something reasonable before all their credibility is lost FOREVER!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Dryer doesn’t dry any size load in one cycle regardless of settings. Mysteriously, it triggers a message to check the lint filter and line when running a small load with nothing blocking the venting system. It never happens on large loads which would block more of the air flow. You could get a comparably sized dryer for much less. This not the premium product that you pay for.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

We bought a new Maytag top load washer March 2018. July of 2021 it starts making the worst racket I've ever heard. I thought at first that there was a dog being killed by another animal. As I ran to the door I realized it was my washer. Long story short, repair guy said it'd be cheaper to just buy a new washer. Maytag did nothing to help us resolve the issue of a 3 yr old machine totally useless. We bought this machine because we thought it would last for years. I mean their commercial shows the repair guys doing nothing because Maytags never need service. My new machine is not a Maytag. No more Maytags for me.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I bought the larger capacity machines to save time because I'm so busy with my family and wanted to cut down on loads. I was surprised to find the capacity can really only operate at half, which is as large as my old, smaller machines. The washer is extremely sensitive, meaning it may take four or five tries (this morning was four) to arrange the clothes - even a small load of delicates - in it in the exact way the machine wants before it will allow the cycle to start. This is exceptionally frustrating, particularly during the busy morning or when you are tired at night. So you have to stand there and wait until the "sensing" function is happy and you see the water pouring in. Yet often you will return to the machine and it will have an error message that occurs inexplicably during the spin cycle, so the wash cycle will need to be restarted. It cannot just be continued. The machine is not only a huge time waster but a water/detergent waster as well.

I learned that the sensing function on the dryer is useless as well after coming back to many loads of damp clothes that sat there, got little funny smelling as a result, and had to be rewashed in the nightmare washer lol. So now I just use the timer function. It takes about two hours to dry a regular load of towels, so be prepared for that. I bought Maytag because it is an American-made product, but I won't make the same mistake next time. If the quality is any reflection of the functionality, it probably won't last very long anyway. Here's to hoping.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

We have had our washer and dryer almost 18 years and just recently spent less than $280 to get the washer going again. The dryer we haven’t had serviced yet. Great quality. So worth it. Our Maytag appliances are used frequently and keep giving out the best performance.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I purchased a topload washer two years ago and the plastic lid has been replaced 4 times because it cracks at the hinges. It is obviously a manufacturer's defect that Maytag refuses to admit. They come up with excuses blaming the consumer instead of their bad design.

Resolution response: Sept. 1, 2021

My washer now works, it took less than 30 days impressed with the repair company J&H Factory Service. However this particular washer suppose to have a "deep water wash" and the machine barely uses enough water to cover the clothes. It's a good thing I live in California. One other item I don't like is the fact you have to dilute any softener. I use Downy, with water and the clothes don't come out as soft as they use to. Be very careful before you buy a Maytag Washer, if you do buy one and it starts to make a clicking noise, open the machine lid and if the clothes are just sitting there call for a repairman and tell him the machine will not agitate. Apparently this happens a lot with this particular model washer. The good news is it didn't cost me one cent.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Updated on 08/13/2021: Today a repairman who is authorized by Maytag came out. He found the problem, some arm that popped out that is located underneath the washer. He put it back together and said he needs to order the part and it will take 30 more days. Set the washer so that it SHOULD work for a couple of loads. I spent $700 on a washing machine and I have to go to a laundry mat to get my clothes washed. Here is the clincher. The guy left no paperwork, nothing, not even a business card. So I am at the mercy of this repairman (I think he said his name was Jessie). The guy was friendly, quick and knowledgeable, however he told my husband he knew what the problem was going to be, if you knew why didn't you bring the part with you and he said the part is out of stock. Why, is this part unique to Maytag washers? So I am still waiting for my washer to be fixed.

Original Review: In December 2020 I purchased a Maytag washer it was delivered in January 2021 and it worked great for the first several months. Then the machine started making noises, clicking noises like it couldn't move through the gears. Then I started noticing that my clothes were not getting cleaned. It was taking an hour to wash the clothes. I told my husband it is not agitating just clicking. We had to stop and start back up the washer just to get the water level high enough for the so called "deep water wash". I was finding residue left on my clothes and had to wash them 2 or 3 times to get the clothes clean enough to wear. Sometimes it won't spin enough to empty the water in the tub. It smells almost like wire burning. It has barely been 6 months and I have to have a repairman out. I will review the washer again after it has been fixed or replaced. But as of right now I will never buy another Maytag again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Dissatisfied with the poor performance of the "Deep Water" cycle of Maytag Model #MVWX655DW0. Cycle produces low water thereby resulting in inadequate cleaning of clothes. Choosing another cycle to wash a particular load doesn't match what is recommended.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Washer gets out off balance too easily. If I put in a couple of towels, it will almost invariably stop part way through the wash cycle. I was told "you have a great washer! It's the last of the two-belt Maytags!" My reaction: so what?

Original review: July 26, 2021

I purchased a new Maytag washer and dryer March 2021, I have owned past Maytag washer and dryers, thinking they were the top of the line products, not this time, The washer, I put the clothes in barely covers the clothes, so I put it on deep water wash, when the clothes are all done, they look like they did when I first put them in the washer, dirty clothes, whites are dirty, towels look like they got dirt spots on them. The machine makes really weird noises, my little dog starts to shake, gets so scared, she runs under the bed and won't come out. The dryer, makes a very loud buzzer sound, she gets so nervous, when she hears it, she jumps up into my husband's arms shaking. I will never buy a Maytag washer and dryer ever again, they are totally different then the old ones, they had a good product and ruined it.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I purchased Maytag washer/dryer set in Feb 2021. In June the washer broke. It took 2 weeks to get repair person to look at it. During the appt no faulty product was identified so they don't know what to replace. No parts were available. A follow-up appt was set for 1 month later. No parts are available to make the repair so a follow-up appt would be futile. . The only communications other than "No Parts" is that they want me to purchased an extended warranty. I will never purchase another Maytag product or recommend them to anyone. Meanwhile my warranty continues to time-out and they don't have any parts or idea when they will be available. I'm not sure how a company can sell products that they do not have some level of support for those products. Beware of purchasing Maytag Products.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I just purchased a washer in April and the door is locked with my son brand new clothes is stuck in the machine in water, I called to get service and was told a date 2 weeks away, worst experience ever. "Sorry ma’am" is what I was told in a non caring way. I’m so furious if I could return this washer and dryer I would.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Terrible! First and last frontload washer I will ever have. Seems like every other load will not spin clothes dry no matter how many times you rebalance. You have to add more clothes or take some out dripping wet to finish the cycle. Most annoying appliance I have ever owned.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Purchased less than a year ago, Machine stopped working. Approved service company says "no error codes visible must be ok". Machine still does not work month later, service again does not show up for call, following month same". It's still in warranty but they claim it is fine. Error code disappear right after popping-up no storage of error codes.. I had to buy small washer to manage home. Really bad choice of product. Will not use this brand again.

Original review: June 23, 2021

In order for the machine not to break you have to disassemble the drum agitator during normal use... Very poor design. Mine lasted just over two years. My initial cost was $570... Don't waste your money.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I purchased a very expensive set of Maytag washer & dryer (topload washer) and heavy duty larger capacity. Firstly- I purchased this through Home Depot on Labor Day weekend and did not receive this set until December 2020. This set has all the electronics and I'm going to tell you NOT to purchase either one. The dryer MUST have a metal solid vent. This sets your dryer out into the walkway of a laundry room. If you use a heavy flexible metal vent; your sensor will be going off constantly telling you your vent is plugged and to clean it. I had a dryer vent company out twice to clean and inspect the wall & roof vents yielding nothing. I also have a dryer vent cleaner which I hook up to my vacuum and I clean the dryer vent monthly. If you lose power. You will need to unplug your dryer and let it reset to be able to use it.

The washer is also terrible for the outrageous price. Again; glass heavy duty top load with all the electronics. You can't get the washer to fill even on deep fill. Also; do NOT put a lot of clothes or jeans or blankets in this machine. It will not be able to level and spin. When you try to use the drain and spin cycle; the sensor keeps going off. I swift the contents around and around and finally end up having to take soaking wet cloths out into the garage until I have one sheet in the machine and it will spin out. In addition- the CLEAN with Afresh mess. This forces you to clean your machine- whether you are in the middle of trying to get clothes drained or not.

Buy something that's a simple workhorse with one button. Stay away from any bells and whistles because it's only going to cause you heartache in the long run. I wish I would have read reviews prior to spending $1,700 on a Maytag Washer Dryer set (ON SALE- for God sakes). This is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever purchased. Buyer beware.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I have a Maytag Neptune washer that has been recalled and involved in a class action lawsuit resulting in compensation to the owners. My washing machine has had a foul mold odor which has transferred to all clothing that has gone through a wash cycle. In addition, there is significant mold growth on the rubber liner of the washer that does not come off. I have replaced this twice but the mold returns. There is also a strong mold odor coming out of the washer that has invaded my laundry room. Upon calling Maytag for assistance, I was given a phone number to call which is a non working number. Maytag is not providing any support or assistance for their faulty product.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased my machine on June 2, 2021 and it was delivered and installed on June 4. I have successfully done two loads of laundry. On June 9, I attempted washing two small bath mats and 2 dish towels. When I returned to the laundry room to place the load in my dryer, I found the the items in soapy water. I tried many times to reset the load with no success. On June 10th I called Maytag’s customer service and spoke with an associate who walked me through a couple of common quick fixes. These also were unsuccessful. She referred me to warranty service. I will not be able to have my machine repaired until June 23rd! Obviously, if their repair department is so overwhelmed, the products they sell are a piece of junk. I am furious with both the product and the service I have received.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Worst experience of my life!!!! Don’t buy a Maytag washer!!! It’s agitating our clothes dry. Putting holes in clothes. We bought a warranty that’s pretty much useless. They will not replace. Only fix parts.

Original review: May 24, 2021

My fiancee and I purchased a Maytag washing machine from our local Sears. We got it home and it worked fine, but after the first month it wasn't switching over from cycle to cycle. We called Sears and they stated that they didn't provide service to the washing machines, so we would have to call Maytag. We called Maytag and they sent servicemen from B & B Appliance to our home. We were told that they needed to order a piece and would be back at another time to fix the washing machine. They came back and said it was fixed. I went to start a load of laundry the following morning and the basement flooded. The hose had become dislodged when they were working on it. To add insult to injury, the washing machine was still broken.

I called Maytag to request a different service company come to our home. Maytag said that they couldn't send a different company. They also couldn't replace our still broken washing machine and they could not accept a return. At this point we are out an almost $800 for the washing machine, over $5000 (which we have submitted to insurance) for the damage to our home, and almost $600 for a WORKING washing machine that was a different brand. We will never use Maytag ever again.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I bought a Maytag washer in Sept. 2018 because the company had a reputation of making quality products that did not need repairs. I was wrong. Because I live alone so at most I washed two loads a week, so the company cannot say it had been overused. After a little more than a year I notice at times the wash cycle took too long. One time I tried the 2 rinse cycle and it would not quit washing. A repairman reset the computer to factory settings (he was at the house repairing a refrigerator) and it worked for a few months trouble free before dying. I will not purchase another Whirlpool product since the company did not stand by its product.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Revised part the defect in manufacturing my problem now 2 months later waiting for revised part. Maytags are junk not like the old ones. Don't compare to the one you had. Maytag repairman aren't sitting around anymore.

Maytag Washers & Dryers Company Information