Speed Queen

Speed Queen Reviews

3.8/5 (265 ratings)

About Speed Queen Reviews

Speed Queen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?

Original review: May 11, 2022

This dryer is supposed to have a 5 year warranty. Don’t fall for it!!!! After 3 years and 11 months the heating element and timer went bad. Warranty did not cover this. Alliance said this warranty did not cover anything other than the cabinet and drum. Everything that I read in the warranty stated that this model was covered for a full five years. Don’t buy Speed Queen!!!

Original review: April 16, 2022

Customer service was terrible. Last time we had it fixed it took 2 months to fix. The first time was a couple of months after we had the machine. They fixed it but the 2nd time we had it fixed it took 2 times to fix it correctly. It turned out to be a seal that leak and ruined the bearings and we needed a new drum along with the bearings, gaskets and seals. Now it is doing the same thing. We only owned this machine since August of 2018. It is now out of warranty but I feel that it was a lemon from the start. It is going to cost about $400.00 to fix. The last time they fixed it it only lasted a year.

Very disappointed in the customer service and warranty. I only bought a Speed Queen because of recommendations from other. I would Never buy a Speed Queen again. Called again and told them we had the same problem and they told me that we were out of warranty. It was an expensive washer to begin with but I thought I was getting quality. Not the case.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I purchased a Speed Queen washer 1 year ago. What a disappointment. US made, 3 year parts & labor warranty. Don't fall for it as I did. Have had nothing but problems with this machine since day one. It washes fine but the fabric softener does not dispense properly, is all over the clothes once the cycle has completed. Have been in touch with Alliance which is the warranty service and we have tried several things to correct the issue, such as cleaning the dispenser even though clean, running extra rinse with every wash, avoiding the normal wash cycle, technician came out was not helpful or friendly nor fixed the problem.

Have been told by several individuals at Alliance not to use Downy fabric softener. So I have diluted my downy until is it like water and I am still having issues. So I have a washer that I cannot use the normal cycle and I cannot use downy. Also, due to my rural location, they do not have any technicians in my area to fix. I have requested a refund but they refuse. DO NOT BUY SPEED QUEEN.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I bought the Speed Queen for several reasons, their reputation, it was made in the USA (I thought) and the reliability. I've had this washer over two years. It washes without issue. I can wash a large comforter with no problem and I haven't had any service needs. HOWEVER, it DOES NOT get clothes clean. I've tried switching detergents, smaller loads, everything. It simply doesn't get the clothes clean.

Also, on Normal Wash, they should tell you that that means COLD WASH. There is no way to wash Normal on hot or warm, even if you have the temperature setting on hot or warm. It washes cold, ice cold. Prior to purchase, I did research and there was another Speed Queen that had reviews of not getting the clothes clean, but it was not this model. Add the TC5 to the list of disappointing washers. This washer was 3 times the price of washer with these options. Speed Queen is very basic. No fancy bells and whistles. What a huge waste of money. I do not recommend this washer and after my experience and I don't recommend Speed Queen.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I purchase a Speed Queen because I had the last one for over 30 years. I wish I had researched the new machines better. I bought a top load TC5003WN and it is terrible. It has very few options you can choose for yourself. For example, you cannot control the water level. It has a small and large load water level, nothing in between. The autofill barely covers the clothes in the tub. I've had to wash my clothes twice and we are only 2 adults here who do not get that dirty.

Secondly, the fabric softener gets on my clothes and again, I had to wash them again. There is no "rinse only" cycle on this machine. I have added water to the fabric softener to dilute it, but it still stained a nightgown. I wish I had my old machine back. I'd spend whatever it took to get a new tub on it, at least I could control the washings. I really hate this unit. The only good thing I will say is that it is very quiet. Unbelievable that this made in America product from this company is so bad. Sorry to be so negative, but I wish someone had warned me about these details before I bought.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I BOUGHT A SPEED QUEEN WASHER, THEY DELIVERED IT NOVEMBER 19, 2021. It BROKE a week later. I called Speed queen and they gave me one company that fixes it since I'm in a rural area. They came out once and could not fix it because they couldn't get in touch with SQ (closed on December 27, 2021 due to holiday). Now I'm waiting for the person to call back and schedule service. SQueen said they couldn't do anything about that.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

We purchased the TR5003WN washer and dryer only seven months ago and the washer has already broken down three times and the dryer has also broken down. To make matters worse, the parts they need to fix these machines are on back order indefinitely so we are just without the use of a washer and dryer even though we are under warranty. Speed Queen via their retail partner has been non-responsive in helping to fix these ongoing issues. This is the worst buying experience, don’t go with speed queen.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

We bought this washer January 18, 2021. Have had the repair man out 5 times, they have replaced the lid lock, the main board, and a part in the back of the machine and it still does not work! I wanted a speed queen and got a horrible product!! We have tried to call the number for support and it keeps hanging up on us or the call just won’t go through. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SPEED QUEEN PRODUCTS! They won’t answer the phone so I’m assuming we wasted over a thousand dollars!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

After trying to find this washer in stock for months I finally found one... They had just received 3 and had 2 people on their way to get one... We jumped in our truck to go purchase one and was the first ones there (an hour away) got it in place and I have been washing everything in site... After going through 5 sets of front loaders of various brands.. GE, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag and LG... what a relief to have a machine that finally gets the clothes clean... I can pre-soak and everything comes out so clean... very basic controls (which is a nice change). We are very impressed with this machine and the quality. Waiting on the matching dryer to come in... But I couldn't be happier with this washer.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I have been waiting for an element for 2 months for my dryer. Of course due to the pandemic it is on back order. I was told when asked about a replacement to contact the retailer I purchased it from. The would not send them a return authorization. When I asked for a manager the rep refused and hung up. I am spending money going to the laundromat when I have a dryer at home. I wish I could give them zero stars at this time. They don’t deserve not 1 star!!!!

Speed Queen Company Information