Speed Queen

• 6%
  • 6%
  • 88%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?
    Verified purchase
    Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 1, 2024

**Disappointed with Speed Queen Washer and Customer Service**. I purchased a Speed Queen top load washer (Model Number: AWN632SP116TW02) in November 2023, which was delivered in December 2023. By June 2024, the washer broke down. It wouldn’t change through the cycles. I called for service, and a technician replaced the motherboard, valve intake, and another part. Unfortunately, less than a week later, the washer broke down again. This time, it wouldn’t change cycles, and the water wouldn’t empty. When I contacted customer service, representatives Linda and Channel informed me that it’s not Speed Queen’s policy to replace broken machines. They also refused to escalate my call to a supervisor.

This is absolutely unacceptable. A machine that is only six months old should not require such major repairs. The customer service I received was rude and unhelpful. I will never buy from Speed Queen again and want to warn others about my experience. I believe in supporting American-made companies, but this is not how customers should be treated. Speed Queen, please do better.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Purchased a Speed Queen washer and dryer 5 years ago. The dryer is the worst appliance I have ever had. ( And I once owned a Samsung washer.). The dryer has already been in the shop 4 times and is down again.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Purchased a Speed Queen front load washing machine October 13, 2023. It was delivered and ready to use by October 25. Customer service was of little help, stating they “would escalate” the complaint but we did not hear back until my husband posted on social media. After 5 repairs the original machine was replaced less than one month ago, and now it is giving a similar code related to control board communication. Over $2000 for an appliance we thought was a good investment has cost us incredibly more in time off work and home repairs.

10/25/2023 new washer first use. 11/14/2023 error code Ed19. 11/30/2023 repair control board. Out of service 16 days. 1/5/2024 Ed19. 1/18/2024 repair control board. Out of service 13 days. 2/15/2024 Ed19. 3/7/24 repair control board and motor Out of service 21 days. 3/7/2024 Ed19 2:00pm (first load after repair), door unlocked mid cycle flooding floor. 3/7/2024 Home Insurance claim 3/8/2024 mitigation-floorboard removal and fans 3/12/2024 fan removal 3/12/2024 repair company washer pick up. 3/20/2024 still waiting on parts. 4/27/2024 New machine delivered. Out of service 50 days. 5/25/25 Error Code ErCo. Total days since delivery (first washer): 220. Total out of service days: 107.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

I chose a Speed Queen because I've heard good things about them but that's not the case with my set, I still have fabric softener at the bottom of my tub after everything is done, so I will run another rinse cycle and still fabric softener at the bottom, so now instead of applying it in the dispenser at the beginning, I have to manually apply it. Today as I wait for the rinse cycle it just rinsed the clothes with spinning them with fresh water, it didn't fill the tub for me to add the fabric softener, so I had to redo the rinse cycle. The dryer is also a noisy one.

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Buyer beware! We purchased a Speedqueen washing machine from our local appliance dealer in 2021. We were very pleased with the machine. Then on August 2023 the washer completely quit working. After countless hours on the phone with Speedqueen and their warranty department we are giving up. The technicians have been unable to repair it and have recommended Speedqueen replace the washer. However after many assurances by the Customer service department we still have not been approved for replacement. We have not had any follow up from Speedqueen. Emails go unanswered and we have been put hold for interminable amounts of time when we call Speedqueen. We are very frustrated and at this point we have determined the warranty is worthless.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Purchased brand new quiet series TR5 washer May 2023, and it failed three months later. Advised the ball bearing needed replacing. To me, that depicts poor manufacturing. Cannot imagine how Alliance has been in business so long. Machine is a piece of junk. This is my 2nd Speed Queen washer - the 1st, which I kept only 18 months before getting rid of, was even worse. But, in 2023, I was told Alliance heard consumer complaints from 2018 and made the newer machines better. I don't think so. They still stink!!! And reaching out to customer service isn't much better. Yes, they'll replace the ball bearing, but won't acknowledge their poor-quality machine. I made the mistake of trusting Alliance but won't ever do it again.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 1, 2024

Updated on 04/12/2024: Last week I described my one month wait to receive the replacement computer board for my Speed Queen commercial dryer and the terrible customer service. The Error Code is Er bS (which displays to everyone who looks at it as Er 65). The new part arrived, repair guy came and went and the dryer is still as broken as before. The repair company will not make an appointment for a new repair until a whole new ticket is made with Allianz. I may be on hold with Allianz Laundry for several hours if it is like last time.

Original Review: I bought a very expensive Speed Queen dryer which gives me an error message after every cycle. The appliance repair took away the computer board which he said is a KNOWN PROBLEM and there is no ETA for a replacement. Their response? Good luck getting one. DO NOT BUY.

Profile pic of the author.
      Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Dryer does not fully dry on auto or timed cycles. Numerous parts were replaced but problem continued. Dryer was replaced but makes a horrible noise and still doesn't dry right. Washer does not properly dispense fabric softener. Speed Queen does care about its customers.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I am referring to Speed Queen Commercial Washers, used at my apartment complex. I do not like them because I didn't see water being applied, and there was very low soap suds. But somehow when finished, my clothes came out damp. The traditional upright washers are better, because the machine fills with water. It seems like today changes are always for the worst. Just stay with the originals. Just because manufacturers and scientists can change things, doesn't mean they should.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

We purchased the $2400 Speed Queen front loader in Sept. 2023. Very loud banging, squeaking, and vibration sounds during spin cycle despite being level. After 2 service calls, the cause could not be identified. The service tech at Alliance (Speed Queen) watched a video and said it was normal, yet the same video was called "concerning" when I initially sent it to customer service. If this is normal, do not buy the machine. Putting a load in at nap time or nighttime will NEVER be an option! In addition, the clothes weren't getting clean. After researching the issue, discovered that the detergent dispenser does not fill. Rather the detergent just keeps going down a "drain" it seems. It seems I'm limited to putting detergent directly into the drum.

Speed Queen Company Information