Speed Queen

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I inherited my dryer with my house 22 years ago, and I love its simplicity and reliability. However, it's starting to need replacing. Now, sometimes a piece will get caught in the exhaust filter now, and I doubt that there will be replacement parts available for this antique. I like its simple dial for time and/or cycle, clothes get dry, and the lint trap is in the front and very easy to clean out. I also like that it's a gas dryer and not an electric. I wish that I had a separate lower heat setting for delicates - the air-only setting gets nothing dry. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing, and when I get a new dryer, I will definitely get another Speed Queen.

I have a Speed Queen top load washer with settings that ranged from delicate and heavy duty washing functions. It was large capacity so it met all my needs. I was able to wash everything from blankets and comforters to delicates in small load. The worst thing about it was that it was not whisper quiet. But I never had any problems and never needed repair service. After 6 years of use, they still appeared new and functioned as such.

I used a Speed Queen triple load washer at the laundromat. I think they work well and takes about 25 minutes to wash everything. I like the size of it. I can fit a lot of clothes in the triple size washing machine, and it seems like it holds a good amount of clothes. I try to put as much stuff as possible in there so I don't have to pay as much money. But when it's full it doesn't seem to want to wash all the clothes.

My mother normally used the Speed Queen ringer washer to wash clothes for 7 people on a regular basis and there were no problems with it as I recall. She was hospitalized for a while and that was when I used it when I was 18 years old -- I'm now 65. It was a pretty basic ringer washer, but its features were fine at the time because me and my family lived on a small farm in the country. There really wasn't space for what was referred to back then as an 'automatic washer.' So the ringer washer suited fine. The main features were a stainless-steel tub and the ringer. It was of course portable (on wheels).

I used Speed Queen at a laundromat, and they are amazing! You can get more into your loads without worry. You know all of your clothes will come out clean. Sometimes I go to the laundromat to use their machines for my bedding. With the ones I have used it was nice to have a presoak option. Plus I like the high speed cycle of removing water. You don't have to worry about your clothes being so heavy with water when you go to dry. However, the ones at the laundromat take forever because of the presoak cycle. It would be nice if it went a tad faster and it would be cool if it cleaned itself out after every use LOL!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?

I love Speed Queen. I like all the features. They have advanced in the technology of the world today. They are one of the oldest and new brands of all times. I can wash any size load and the washer and dryer adjust itself to whatever capacity that I have in them. I can never over load or under load using this brand. They have come a long way. I love the fact that it seems like it knows the level of clean that I require. My kids and husband used these items and they are very please each and every time they use it.

When washing Speed Queen does an amazing job. Its super fast and has multiple settings for washing. The dryer dries fast and doesnt take a long time to dry. Its just a little too expensive for my taste. This washer and dryer have amazing settings and multiple settings when it comes to washing and drying. One of the favorite things about it is the length of time it takes to dry. The cost of the Speed Queen washer and dryer is on the more expensive side for me. It does a good job but I could find something cheaper that could do the same job just less money.

There were SQ washer in a laundromat I visited regularly, plus I owned one-inexpensive to buy. My 3.42 cubic feet washer AWNE92SP113 is dependable, no nonsense and gets the clothes clean. It comes in white which reminds me of clean laundry. It wasn't heavy like some and was easy to move when I moved from an apartment to a house. It also has top loading, two rinse cycles, I could select the water temperature and the agitator strength. I also liked the cycle only took about 20 minutes. The one I had didn't used a timer and I wish it did. I would add a mini-basket. It wastes water when you have a smaller load than the washer's select small load. Make sure each Speed Queen washer has a timer.

The Speed Queen was an excellent machine. I never had any problem with it and it cleaned the clothes completely. I liked that it had different levels to choose from. From light to heavy duty. My beddings were cleaned safely. The dryer worked well and dried my clothes quickly which was great for me. I always like to finish with my laundry as fast as possible. I was completely satisfy. The clothes came out great, not too much wrinkles. The dryer did its job and would consider using it again in the future or even buying one for my personal use. For what I needed the Speed Queen delivered. All and all great features.

I really loved Speed Queen. I bought it because that is what my mother used and I am a traditional person, she was so pleased with her machine and is one I knew and grew up with so I knew I would love to be the owner of a Speed Queen washer and dryer. When I married and began my family we used it daily when the children came along and loved the experience of being owners. I enjoy that it is simple to use and so easy to operate, I could hold my child in one arm and add the softener when needed, I could unload and place in dryer with child in my arms, my husband could and was able to use this machine with ease and enjoyed the fact that it was very easy and simple to use, he never messed up the clothes he washes or dried. I was so grateful for that.

I would love it to have an alarm or bell to tell when wash is completed and would love a signal for when to add the softener so that I could do other things while waiting for the chance to add. I would love to see it improved for the younger generation and also my two sons will know what brand to purchase when they marry or move out on their own.

I think they are very good machines to use. Have used them at same washteria and were excellent in cleaning the clothes. Only once in awhile they were unreliable when were out of order!! They are dependable in getting the clothes washed and cleaned!! The machines are so quiet you don't even know that they are running until the light goes out and know that the clothes are done and ready to be put in dryer!!! The machines are so reliable and dependable that you simply cannot think of anything that will make you dislike the machines. I understand the clothes have to go in different cycles to get cleaned but you have to be patience until the machine stops!!

Speed Queen was front loading and very modern looking, and worked very well. My clothes were very clean and soft. I liked it but it had a lot of different settings which I didnt understand. But for someone who cares it would be a dream to use. I wish it had a 'just wash the stuff' mode. For someone who doesnt get too involved, it would be very confusing to use. Otherwise everything was great.

I had these appliances when my family was young (in diapers through grade school), and found them to be reliable and dependable. They were purchased more than 30 years ago in Columbus, NE and I chose them because the laundromat had that brand. I remember there was an extra prewash cycle that worked well for doing cloth diapers. I really liked the prewash cycle for rinsing diapers before doing their regular wash cycle. Alas! Few people use cloth diapers anymore! Then, as my sons got older, and into sports, I found the prewash cycle handy for tough, messy dirt and spills on their clothes. But when we moved to Sheboygan WI, we decided we would buy new appliances rather than move the ones that were over eight years old. The store in Sheboygan did not carry the Speed Queen brand.

I love my washer Model # AWN412SP111TW01. It washes great and it is much better than the ones with all the fancy technology features on them. This washer operates more like the washers I used to have and it washes in an appropriate length of time. I love the fact that this washer does not have the feature that locks your lid when you start your wash. My washer is more like the way washers used to be built years ago and not just some fancy technology that quits working right after your warranty goes out. The only thing that could be improved is that the water could be spun out a little more so that the clothes are not quite as damp when the wash cycle is over. This isn't really a problem but just a preference for me.

It worked great. A super machine that lasted for years with no maintenance and never broke down. It was the perfect machine from day one until it outlived its usefulness. The only reason it was replaced was that it had become out of date. I liked the permanent press cycle. It always was gentle on my clothes and never faded them or caused any tears or rips. I still love it today. I would recommend it to anybody.

Speed Queen worked quite well for me and for many years. It was an older model which may have been the reason it worked for so long and so well since older things seem to have staying power compared to today’s appliances. It was nothing special or brag about, just your average washing machine. It washed the clothes and spin them close to dry and that's all I or anyone needs in a washing machine.

I had a Speed Queen for many years and I was very happy with its performance. It didn't spin too long like some washers do but it still spun out good. It lasted a good many years without any problems. My Speed Queen washer had just one feature that I really liked and that was the permanent press feature so clothes wouldn't wrinkle. Best as I can tell it would wash in warm and rinse in cold or something to that effect. Its transmission worked fine the entire time I had it so therefore I can't think of any improvements that would be needed for this particular brand of machine.

I like the timer on the Speed Queen because it lets you know how long you have left until you have to deal with your laundry. I also like the large size of the machines especially when you go to wash blankets and comforters. But, I hated my washer, nothing came clean and the dryer never dries everything. The only place I have ever used one of these was at the laundromat so it might have been bad up keep on the machine. I would make it that it washed better and maybe increase the heat in the dryers so they dry better. I would also move the area that you add the detergent. It is always on the top and really hard for someone who is not tall to reach it.

Speed Queen Company Profile