2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.8/5 (282 ratings)

About Speed Queen

Speed Queen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

After trying to find this washer in stock for months I finally found one... They had just received 3 and had 2 people on their way to get one... We jumped in our truck to go purchase one and was the first ones there (an hour away) got it in place and I have been washing everything in site... After going through 5 sets of front loaders of various brands.. GE, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag and LG... what a relief to have a machine that finally gets the clothes clean... I can pre-soak and everything comes out so clean... very basic controls (which is a nice change). We are very impressed with this machine and the quality. Waiting on the matching dryer to come in... But I couldn't be happier with this washer.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

We have had both the washer and dryer for seven years with no problems or service calls. Ten year guarantee on the washer is comforting and they both perform at a quality level. The only complaint we have is that the washer does not have a buzzer, but the dryer does.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Bought it yesterday at the largest hardware stores in Ohio... Hartville Hardware, after our front loader developed a motor board problem and didn't want to put any more $$ into it... Picked it up and dropped off our old one - nice to not have to worry about getting rid of it!!! Installation was easy - hose gaskets included - mesh screen for the inlet and standard for the machine attachment... no leaks - that's rare for me!!! Seven loads - various sizes - all washed very well - stains out (we have a 10 year-old so we do Spray-N-wash - have since she was 1... LOL) several pair of jeans along with towels in a load - no problem... Bought it on the recommendation of the service tech who was looking at the front loader... After reading all the comments on here - will give an update in six months... Thanks to all of you for your comments!!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Our opening price point Kenmore dryer wasn’t consistently heating. Yes, we could probably repair it, but the cost could have approached what the dryer originally cost. So, after 8 1/2 years, we retired it. Replaced with the DR7 from Speed Queen. Excellent so far, though it’s only been a few days. Easy to operate too!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Our Maytag dryer died & they could no longer get a circuit board for it. It was the 2nd time in 5 years to need service. We had the top of a line Maytag washer & dryer. I asked the repairperson what brand he would recommend & he stated "SPEED QUEEN". He said they cost more but are very well built. They are the same ones in laundromats. I read the reviews & found the TC5 model. This is an old school, simple controls & will last 20 years washing machine. We bought the set - Washer & Dryer. The appliance person mentioned they are hard to keep in stock because of their reputation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

We bought this washer January 18, 2021. Have had the repair man out 5 times, they have replaced the lid lock, the main board, and a part in the back of the machine and it still does not work! I wanted a speed queen and got a horrible product!! We have tried to call the number for support and it keeps hanging up on us or the call just won’t go through. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SPEED QUEEN PRODUCTS! They won’t answer the phone so I’m assuming we wasted over a thousand dollars!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I have been waiting for an element for 2 months for my dryer. Of course due to the pandemic it is on back order. I was told when asked about a replacement to contact the retailer I purchased it from. The would not send them a return authorization. When I asked for a manager the rep refused and hung up. I am spending money going to the laundromat when I have a dryer at home. I wish I could give them zero stars at this time. They don’t deserve not 1 star!!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

In April 2021 I bought the top model dryer of Speed Queen to match our new washing machine. I immediately had issues with the dryer taking too long to dry the clothes on lower settings or burning and melting the clothes on the regular and permanent press setting. The technician came out to look at it and said it is a common problem due to how the dryer heats up and the stainless steal vent in the back that get extremely hot so when your clothes brush against it it burns or melts the fabric and leaves an imprint of that vent or black marks on your items. It ruined a new set of sheets, several shirts and a couple of blankets. So my options are to dry clothes on delicate and take twice as long. So disappointed. This was an expensive dryer and the company does not back it up. I would think they would recognize this problem and come up with a solution. Or let me return it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

A Speed Queen Commercial Heavy Duty Model No AWN432SP113TW04, Serial No ** was bought in 2018 by a husband and wife, no kids. We have used it weekly. We paid over a $1000 for the best, non electrical computer controlled, simplest mechanical controlled (or so we thought) laundry machine. The washer was used till 2011 (less than 1 year out of warranty). For the last 3 months strange noises coming from machine. Called an appliance repair shop in San Antonio. Their service worker said it was the bearings. Estimate $825 to fix. Called Alliance Laundry System, they recommended sending in a video. We did. They confirmed that the noise sounded like bad bearings. Because of the warranty date they will not help with labor or parts. The reputation and service don't live up to the hype. For that kinda of money and service we will never buy Speed Queen again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

My husband and I have been trying to get our dryer fixed for 2 months now. Every time I call Speed Queen to get an update, they tell me the part needed is on back order. It has been two months and this situation has forced us to spend lots of unbudgeted money at the laundromat. Speed Queen hasn't tried to offer us any alternatives to our situation. Our washer also had an issue when our dryer stopped heating, as well. It wasn't dispensing fabric softener into our laundry and kept it retained in the area it was poured into. I was able to find someone to fix it rather quickly.

These appliances came with a seven year warranty, so I submitted a claim to be reimbursed for the repair on the washer several weeks ago. I have received nothing to date. We have only owned this set for two years. That is SAD, given Speed Queen's reputation of having good quality, long-lasting products. This is why we purchased this brand in the first place, but are obviously extremely disappointed that the standards they advertise are inaccurate. We will NEVER own a Speed Queen appliance AGAIN after this horrific experience.

Customer service isn't the best either. One of the agents I have spoken with during this long and drawn out ordeal told me that they had changed their policy regarding reimbursements and tried to tell me because I had to get a third-party person to fix my washer, that they weren't going to reimburse me. I have emails I have saved which contain another agent telling me I COULD get a third-party person to fix it because the service people they recommended refused to come to my area. How CONFUSING and UNCARING. Even the agents aren't on the same page. The one who tried to tell me they wouldn't reimburse saw that the claim for the washer had been approved despite what she had previously told me. Unfortunately, it has taken 2 months for us to realize Speed Queen isn't the company we thought they were and we regret ever doing business with them. Buyers BEWARE.

Speed Queen Company Information