Call toll free
4.27/5
Based on 822 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3277 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

After talking to a store rep and letting them know how much space I had to install flooring for, he told me to buy 45 boxes. I ordered the floor, which was supposed to be delivered to the store in 2 weeks and then they told me it would be another week because they were taking inventory and couldn't have any deliveries. After installing the floor, I have over a dozen boxes left over. Keep in mind that I measured the floor and then had two other professionals come in to measure because I wanted estimates on the install, so I was comfortable with my numbers. Sounds like someone was just trying to sell more flooring and now I'm stuck with it. Empire and Home Depot will let you return flooring.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We got clearance stuff from Lumber Liquidators so my husband could make a countertop for his desk. I went in and asked if they had what they were advertising on the website and they had it. They loaded the flooring to my car and we were done. Everybody was really nice. My husband was pretty impressed. We’re both handy and wood workers and he showed me the whole process of how he did it all. The countertop is absolutely perfect and it looks beautiful. It worked very well for him. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Salesman talked us out of hardwood flooring & into a more scratch resistant water resistant "super durable & superior to hardwood." This flooring is not water resistant, scratch resistant & separated terribly even though we installed all the transitions at every doorway. Customer service lady Jalon we worked with about a claim was downright HOSTILE before I could even speak and spoke over me the whole time speaking with her. I am assuming she deals with a lot of angry customers daily to have this hostile attitude and I am not the only unsatisfied customer. I have purchased flooring from Lumber Liquidators in the past as I am a home renovator & never had a problem before but I now know that Lumber Liquidators does not have the customers' back when there is a issue with defective product. Very unhappy & will not purchase from this company again!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We bought a bamboo and veneer flooring which was the only one with a finish that we liked. But we needed all new flooring in a remodeled house we're doing and they didn't have all the flooring we needed at that one store. They found it at another store locally then we went and picked it all up. Lumber Liquidators' sales reps were great. They were helpful and informative. When I was deciding to lay it myself, one of the sales rep showed me how to do it and provided awesome information on how to install it. When we needed to return some stuff, they were real good also. I'm a little bit worried about the quality though. The floor used to be buckling in a couple of places and I'm not sure how well it's gonna hold up. But I'm gonna wait and see what happens when the humidity grows down and if it seals back down again. Nonetheless, Lumber Liquidators is a good place to buy flooring from.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We're a restoration company and we purchased a hardwood floor for one of our customers. I placed the order with Lumber Liquidators and they took care of it. They ran my card and then the flooring was there, ready for my production manager to pick up without a problem. The crew didn't have an issue installing the latest floor that we got from Lumber Liquidators either. The hardwood floors were installed great and the customers were happy. The quality was good too. We'll continue to use Lumber Liquidators for hardwood flooring because they seem to have good prices and good customer service when we call. It's quick and easy for me. I would suggest to others to speak to somebody there to see the products in person and to talk to them about sales because Lumber Liquidators has good sales.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I used Lumber Liquidators before and got my bamboo hardwood floor from them. The sales staff helped me a lot. They also helped me exactly with what I want. I feel really good about the flooring. So I hope they would keep up the good work because I was satisfied with them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We're familiar with Lumber Liquidators' name and price and so we looked it up online. Then we talked to them several times and there were a couple of different products we looked at. They gave us bids on both of them and it went fine. They were professional and did a fine job. The oak flooring is good and it has been installed for a few weeks now. We installed it ourselves with our own local flooring company that did a good job. One thing we noticed was, when we pulled out the rug we've thrown down, there's a significant difference in the finish between the parts that are exposed to sunlight through some windows and where there was a rug thrown down. I live in Alaska where the sun is not super intense and so it’s surprising how quickly that happened. The rug is gonna be left there and it’s not gonna change. Other than that, I would recommend Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We purchased bamboo and laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators and their reps were very knowledgeable. However, the first person got confused and sold us stuff for a different kind of flooring. When we went to pick everything up, the person who was loading our vehicle informed us that the stuff was wrong. Thereafter, Lumber Liquidators refunded the money and corrected our order. I recommend this company. They wanted to point us in all the right directions.

Hello Wren,

Thank for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate the recommendations and compliments to our staff. Providing product knowledge and stellar service is our goal. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Don’t ever hire Lumber Liquidators. That would be a big mistake and you’ll regret it. Somebody said that they were cheaper, but they were triple the price. At the actual store itself, there was a couple of young guys behind the counter and they acted like they really didn’t have time to answer any questions. They didn’t have any answers for any of my questions and I had to figure it out myself.

The man who has the contract sent his brother and some other guy, and we’ve got six pieces of furniture I paid them to move. I needed help as I couldn’t move my grandfather clock for myself. I needed two people who were strong enough to do it and both of them need to get on each side of the grandfather clock. They have to move it standing straight up from the way it was sitting and they can’t lean it whatever they do. I was telling them that the whole time but they ignored everything I said and turned it over on its side. All the lights and other things went out and to this day, the grandfather clock is messed up and does not work. I’ve tried to find a grandfather clock repairman but there isn’t one in Albuquerque, so I’m screwed on that.

The same guys put the flooring down and they ruined my floor. I have imported Italian tile on my floor and they broke my tile and there’s no way to replace it. Everything on the kitchen down to the hallway is all bad Italian tile. Also, there are big, huge gaps in my solid oak wood floors that are not supposed to be there. They cut around the brick area and they had to cut like a little stripping that goes around for the wood so it could be flush. They cut short and it’s totally off. I’ve never seen anybody like how they did it. On the day they walked out of my door when they laid it, I said that I was not happy with the work down. I asked them what they were gonna do about the tile and they said that they’d have to turn in a report. Yet I never heard nothing from the people ever since then.

Now, I have a floor that needs to be replaced which I can’t afford to replace and there’s no way to replace it. They don’t have the tile or pattern here. It would have to be completely torn up and replaced with some different tile. I have to replace it and they don’t wanna be responsible for it. They don’t wanna make it right and nobody wants to have anything to do with it. I’ve got pictures of everything and I tried to send it to them but nobody would ever reply. I have sent pictures and emails and I also sent it to some website that they had me send it to. One time, a lady called and she wanted the pictures so I sent them to her but she never called me back. I’ve also called the store itself and I've left my name and number but nobody there will ever return my phone calls. They don’t wanna talk to me because they know that this is gonna cost them a load of money.

My husband wants to get a lawyer and sue them because it cost me over $3,000 for the floor. They destroyed my Italian tile in the process of putting it down and replacing the tile is gonna cost me thousands of dollars. What was supposed to be a really great experience getting my new floors was horrible. It’s real bad. They screwed me and my house up so bad. They’re very unprofessional and they ripped me off. I’ve worked hard all my life and I finally got the money to do it but then this is what happened. I’m so unhappy with those people and I would not recommend them to anybody.

Ms. Burns,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased and paid for my flooring from Lumber Liquidators on December 13, 2017 in the amount of $7,565.83. This price included installation, which was most of the expense. The install date was set for 2.22.18 and I was told that it would only take 4-5 days. March 1 they were still installing my floors. Chris, one of the installers smoked ** and smelled of **. Al, the other installer, urinated out in my driveway. As expected the installers removed doors and bi-fold closet doors however, they did not hang any plastic to protect our belongings. The installers did not protect the carpet. I paid almost $65.00 to have my appliances moved (Stove and refrigerator). The installers left them in the kitchen and did not move them to the living room.

I pointed out where to place them the morning they arrived. I had laid cardboard out for the appliance to go onto. My new granite countertops were not covered so they have cement dust and other grit on them. I am afraid when they get cleaned that they may get scratched. I also noticed that the countertops have a sticky residue of some short on the side by the fridge. This was also on my stove top. My new under mount stainless steel sink has residue of cement/mortar in it along with some buildup of mortar on the sink protector and my new sink has scratches by the drain opening. I have reason to believe that grout was used to lay down the first tiles rather than thin set/mortar. The used grout bucket was left on my carpet and the tile was laid with the spacers in.

The installers get water from the flexible piping in the main bathroom. When I went up there last night to shut all the lights off when they left I noticed that the subflooring was all wet. I quickly put a fan on it to dry it out. I had made a few complaints and Lumber Liquidators (LL) stated there is nothing they can do. LL finally contacted the installer’s manager to let him know about the complaint and then the workers covered up the doorways. It was too late. The demo and most of the cutting was already done for the cement board. The installers stated that they would cut the remaining board outside. By outside they meant in my garage...my brand new snow thrower is coated in cement dust along with my motorcycle and scooters.

After the mess was already created the installers then hung plastic up after they were talked to by their manager... Why? The damage is done. Everything is all dirty now. They are writing the sizes of the tile cuts on the good side of the tile. All my wood trim with finishing nails is crammed into one tile box. The spacing is not uniform between tiles in some areas. Today the fire department was at my house as they cut metal strips in my home rather than outside. This set my fire alarms off, which notified ADT. ADT then notified the fire department. The regional manager Greg came out this afternoon after I drove to LL this morning as soon as they opened to let LL know that things are getting worse.

My appliances are still sitting in the kitchen. They are still cutting items in the garage. I stated that I wanted to be compensated for clean-up and for the moving of the appliances that never occurred. Greg stated that I have to understand that this is a construction zone and things are going to get dirty. Greg stated that he can’t tell if his workers made the damage or if I did. I was furious. I did say a few cuss words. Greg stated since I was going to cuss he was going to leave and he did. No resolution. No further instructions.

Finally, on Monday April 16, I received a call from LL Customer care team, she asked me to fill her in on the outcomes of the floor installation. I told the representative about my concerns with our flooring: • The floor is still not level by the hallway into the dining area and now the floor by the pantry in the kitchen is uneven. o This was discussed at the time the installer came out to provide me with a quote on the install pricing. o Wall by pantry in the kitchen was level prior to installation of flooring.

• Floors were not properly cleaned after grouting, water staining from grout (look dirty). • Installer deposed of all damaged tiles (4 boxes, approx. 24 tiles) without my permission. o I asked Allan were he had placed the remaining tiles the evening he had completed the job prior to him heading out. Allan stated that he placed the 5 boxes of good tiles out in the garage. I then asked Allan where the damaged tiles were so I could return them with the others. Allan stated that he had already brought them back to his shop and destroyed them. I stated to Allan that I recall there were a lot of damaged tiles. "Why would you have done that without asking me?" Allan stated that because the boxes were already opened and no boxes to put them in that I would not be able to return them.

• Dining room and main bathroom are missing grout in some areas. • The tiles are uneven in some areas. • The grout levels are uneven in some areas. Donna asked if I had contacted the installers with my concerns and I had let her know that I have not as I was waiting for Tina to get back to me with the next steps. Donna then stated that the next step was for her to contact the floor installers from RW Flooring to have them come out for an assessment of our floors. Donna told me that the original installers would be contacting me directly within the next 24 hours (by EOD 4.17.18 Tuesday). Donna ended the conversation with letting me know that she would stay in touch and follow up with an email to **. Donna also stated that they would do whatever is necessary to get this job taken care of and if I was not contacted by the installers in the next 24 hours I should contact her.

Al came out in May to touch up some of the grout spots that I had marked with blue tape and to clean the adhesive off the floors. He did not fix all the areas. As he felt that they were areas that would not be seen by people and he did not attempt to clean the adhesive off the floors. Al did suggest for me to use Bar Keepers Friend scrub and let me know that I could pick up the cleanser at Menards. I contacted the customer care team to let Donna know that I was still not satisfied with the outcome and needed the floor properly fixed.

On May 29, 2018, at 6:00 PM both Bob, the owner of RW Flooring, and the regional manager from Lumber Liquidators, Greg, came to my house in Savage Minnesota. I went over my concerns regarding the floor. • Floor in two areas are not leveled. o Area by hall when you walk in was not level prior to floor installation. o Area by pantry was level prior to floor installer attempting to level floor by hallway. • Grout left floors looking dirty and there are shiny areas throughout the floor. • Grout levels are not even. o You can visually see that levels are uneven. o You can visually feel the unevenness when you walk on the floor. • Flooring in the bathroom has cement build up.

The two individuals (Bob & Greg) were at my home for approximately 1 hour and assessed the situation. Bob, the owner of RW Flooring stated that it would be easy to remove the shiny residue off the floors as he felt that was caused by the adhesive in the grout sealer. He stated that in order to level the floor properly I would have to hire a contractor to assess floor structure. Bob stated that he would provide the corporate office his write up proposal and have them get back to me in the next week.

On June 9, I received an email from Lumber Liquidators stating my tile was in and ready for pick-up. I had no idea that they were ordering floor or that I would be accountable to have to pick it up. I still haven’t heard back from corporate, Lumber Liquidators Customer Care team on what the game plan is for the floor. On Thursday June 21 (Thursday) Donna from Customer Care Center at Lumber Liquidators called me back to provide me with an update on the status of the floors. During this call I informed her that a gentleman by the name of Dillon reached out to me and left a message about coming out to assess the floors. I did not call him back because I was unaware of what was going on. I also informed her that I have received emails that my flooring is in at Lumber Liquidators.

• Lumber Liquidators had appointed Dillon to remove tiles and put tiles back in place rather than Allan from RW Flooring. • Lumber Liquidators ordered 80 new tiles to replace tiles that will be removed. Donna then sent me a follow up email (June 21) to confirm the call. On Monday June 25, I received a call from Dillon to set up a date and time that he could come out to my home to assess the situation with the floor. He stated he was hired from Lumber Liquidators to tear out the tile and then put the tile back in. I let Dillon know that he could come to the house that day to check everything out. Dillon did go to my home that day and analysis the situation. Dillon calculated he would have to remove about 80 tiles to fix the problem.

On Tuesday June 26, Andy, a contractor from Xpand Inc. came out to assess the floor joist in dining/hall area. Andy stated that there is no structural damage shown on the walls. Andy also said that there is no give or bounce in the floor. Andy stated that it would cost 10s of thousands to move the beam approx. 1/8 to possibly 5/8 of an inch and would not recommend it. Andy concluded that a floor installer should easily be able to level a small portion of the floor to even it out and it would not make any sense to move a floor joist 1/8-5/8 of an inch when it is not causing any structural damage. Andy was at my home from 12:30-1:45.

On Tuesday June 26, I called Donna from the Lumber Liquidators Customer Care team at 2:15 to let her know the outcome of the visit from my contractor. I was unable to reach Donna; I left her a voice message to contact me at her earliest convenience. Donna called me back within the next hour or so. Donna stated that she would inform Greg, the regional manager at Lumber Liquidators about what the contract had to say about the floor joist assessment.

On Monday July 9 I left a message for Donna from the Lumber Liquidators Customer Care team at 10:30 AM to see what was going on with the floors as I had not heard back from them since I informed her on the visit from the contractor. On Monday July 9 I received a voice message from Dillon at 11:14 to call him back to schedule an appointment to do the flooring.

On Monday July 9 I called Dillon back at (763) 445-0474 at 11:16. Dillon stated that he wanted to pencil in a date and time to get the floors demo’d, floor leveled, and the new tiles installed. Dillon stated that he felt he was going to have to remove about 10 rows of tiles in order to get the floor fixed properly. I told him that I was not yet informed of what the plan was to fix the floors as the last I spoke to the Donna from Lumber Liquidators I had informed her on the outcome of the visit from the contractor. Dillon stated that he was going to remove the tiles and level the floor appropriately and put the new tiles back in place. I asked if he was hired to also remove the “staining” on the floors and add grout to areas that needed to be evened out. Dillon said that he has some glue remover that he could use and he would grout the areas that need to be fixed.

The new floor installer team came out on July 23 to fix the sloping in the floor. They removed 10 rows of tile and ended up using a floor leveling compound. Although this team was very professional, the floor is still not corrected. I still have the adhesive from the grout. The tiles are uneven. The new floor that was laid has chips in the tile and is not even to the main walkway. At this point, I want a full refund so I can hire a company that can do the job correctly. This has been going on for almost 6 months. I want my home back and this nightmare to end!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The previous owners of the place I bought had ruined the carpet. I went with a wood floor which I ordered online from Lumber Liquidators. It was easy and they gave me a call when it came in then I went to pick it up. I installed the flooring through the whole house and a friend of mine helped me with it. The product is not topnotch stuff but I knew that going in. That’s why you can get a good price there. But this is just my first home and I was just trying to replace the floors quick and easy for not too much money. So for the price, the quality is good and the product is what I expected.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We were doing a complete remodel and got our bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. Their reps were all real informational and accommodating. They helped us all every way they could. The flooring is also of very good quality. I installed it myself and things went as expected. I’ve recommended Lumber Liquidators to others. They served us well and gave us good product at a very competitive price.

Hello John,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Bamboo is very popular and comes in several unique styles, stains, and textures. We strive to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We purchased some hardwood floor from Empire Today and the place where we went to buy it from had a very helpful sales rep. We had a very pleasant experience with him. Then, I installed the flooring myself and it was pretty good to work with. I had some extra that I had to return and they took it. The flooring is very good quality and it looks really nice. My wife has been happy about it. Also, a lot of our friends come to the house and when they saw the flooring, they said that it looked nice and asked us where we got it. And I told them that we got it from Empire.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We're selling the house and we bought from Lumber Liquidators hardwood flooring and some vents to put over the floor. We didn’t buy the top-of-the-line but the quality of the flooring is okay. The people in Portland Lumber Liquidators were very nice and helpful and worked to get the best possible price. They did everything they could and everything timely. They were all very cooperative while the people in Spokane Lumber Liquidators were horrible. Originally, we ordered the vents and they were to be shipped immediately. Then a month later, we called Spokane and they said they would call us back, and then we didn't hear from them. So we called back and eventually, got to talk to a manager. I think they had never ordered the vents because he said they would get it rushed delivered to us.

And then about another week and a half, we called them again. They said the vents were around there somewhere. They found them and then they wanted us to pay 15 bucks so they could ship them over to us. We said no and the manager said they would ship them to us. I would never ever ever deal with the Spokane Lumber Liquidators again. Also, we had two boxes of the stuff left over and we were told in Portland that they could be returned to Spokane. The guy in Spokane said they don't do that and that we'll have to take them back to Portland. No one was helpful from Spokane. No one called us back or talked to us.

Joe,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I tell everybody about Lumber Liquidators. I didn’t see any stores in Buffalo, New York but they did my Florida house. We purchased cork flooring because my wife has got some bad knees. The sales representative was absolutely awesome and he should be a general manager there. He dotted all the i’s and crossed all the t’s. He got things handled and picked up our product from all different stores so we could get it done right away. He got a crew out there and I never saw a crew like that. I thought about buying the flooring and doing it myself but when I saw what they could do, I thought it was a good thing I didn’t do it. The overall quality of the flooring is wonderful. Everything is nice.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Cork is an excellent choice; it is considered a green product because the same tree can be harvested numerous times. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Milling Issues Brazilian Cherry. My initial call to Lumber Liquidators on May 24th and as of Today I still have unresolved claim. Also a uncompleted floor for last few months. I spoke with Lynn in Customer care which I left voicemail message on 8/1 and tried to send her email which is being sent back as message failed. This is the correct email as I am replying to her old email and not typing it in.

Lynn ask me to stop installing the floor and would compensate me based on what I need to replace the floor and you wasn’t going to have me wait for milling results. I needed 150 sq ft to fix the floor and would cover the rest with furniture. However I shouldn't have to do this but willing to compromised. I was told by you on June 7th the milling report would be back on the 8th. No report on the 8th and you gave me credit for the 2 boxes I paid for and was picked up by FedEx but no extra compensation.

Also you claimed if it is milling issue the entire floor would be replaced by Lumber Liquidators or depending on results another agreement would be reach for compensation. However this wasn’t told to me when I spoke with you on May 24th. You phoned and emailed me on June 14th. I replied back to you asking for the results and you stated you needed to explain. I called you twice, left message and emailed you on the 14th of June. I called at 9 am on the 15th per your email and left message but once again no results was sent and you wasn’t available.

At this point I feel like I am getting the run around by You (Lumber Liquidators). Everything we have discuss has changed from May 24th 2018. I have called and asked for manager to speak with and every time I was told unavailable and would get a return call. However never received a call from manager. I have tried to be patient with Lumber Liquidators. However I have waited for 3 months for customer satisfaction and as today 8/2 still not resolved. I spent $3500 on the floor and additional $1800 for the contractor and it seems Lumber Liquidators is not taking any accountability by avoiding my calls or returning calls to me. Plus will not reply to emails as well.

Hello Davina,

Thank you for taking time to share you feedback. We take service complaints very seriously. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your concerns.

Social Media Sec

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I bought a house and the flooring was crappy so I wanted to upgrade. The sales team I dealt with were in Gainesville, Florida and all of them were knowledgeable, pleasant and accommodating in many ways for us. We got something called the Morning Star, the engineered bamboo, and although we didn’t purchase the top of the line stuff, the quality level is good. Go buy from Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I recently purchased 1000 feet of 5 inch wide hardwood flooring expresso. (Builders pride) I spent $5000 on this floor and feel like I was ripped off because of the quality of the material. There were pieces that were so horrible that we did not use them because of the imperfections. Cracks, knots and rough cuts that should have been addressed by the quality control people at the manufacturer. I will probably never use that brand ever again. I would like to get some of my money back because now I will have to do some refinishing on the prefinished material to make it a little more acceptable. I would like a call back to see what can be done to keep a repeated customer satisfied.

Hello Jorge,

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We bought lots of engineered hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and their representatives were really nice people. They offered to carry the heavy stuff out to my car. However, when I was trying to match the flooring with something else it didn’t work so I traded it to somebody else. I was trying to do something kinda weird anyway but I had a friend who used it and it looked nice.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We were doing a remodel job and we had to find some flooring that fit the existing flooring we had. Empire's product was as close as we could come to it and we ended up buying a southern pine tongue and groove flooring from them. We’re about an hour and a half away from the Empire Today in El Paso, Texas which shipped our order and when I talked to their reps over the phone, I had a pretty good interaction with them. Then, our contractor went down and picked up the flooring from them, and installed it. The flooring is good quality though there were a few damaged pieces in a bundle. Still, I would recommend Empire Today as a source to get flooring.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I went to a Eugene store to buy bamboo flooring for a new home. I was in the middle of a move, so I had not placed an order with Kris at the Eugene store when I got a call from Edgar saying the flooring was on sale. He said he worked with Kris. Turns out Edgar is from Milwaukee store over 100 miles away. He stole the order from Eugene. First, he screwed up the install date for the upstairs and now they are saying the stairs aren’t included in the quote although the quote was very similar to other quotes I had received. The installer doing my floors is the same one who did the quote and he quoted the stairs. I’ve been living on mattresses on the downstairs floors because of the delays and mistakes made on this order. Now, I am in credit card dispute. I am dealing with a store 100 miles away and they never return my calls or help me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We wanted to get rid of our carpet. We've seen Lumber Liquidators' advertisements and I wanted to try and see what their products are and check out the prices. We got real wood flooring and we paid them to come and install it. The installers did it quickly and got it done. However, the flooring started gapping within a week after they put it in. We talked to two different managers at the store and they said that we will hear from somebody the next day, yet we still never heard from anybody. We went to the store twice and my wife has called too, but nobody has responded.

Also, their representatives were absolutely not very educated because they told us a lot of things that weren’t right. When we bought the flooring, the sales rep told us that if we buy it, they would be able to install within three days. It was over a month before it got installed. I was also told that by having the wood here for a week or two, it would acclimate. We'll not buy any more products from Lumber Liquidators. I will also tell people that I wouldn’t have them do any installation because they’re not gonna do it as fast as they say they’re gonna.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 29, 2018

I purchased Hickory flooring for a new house from Lumber Liquidators. However, their sales agents were very busy. They don't have enough sales help to service the customers that they have. Also, when I went to pick up the flooring after they emailed me that it was in, they didn't answer their phones for two days and said that their phone systems were out. They also didn't answer their emails. It took me two and a half hours to pick the order up. I'll never do business with them again.

Hello Jim,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: July 28, 2018

We’ve been living in the house for 20 years and the linoleum was coming loose so we changed up the whole kitchen. We put new cabinets, a new countertop and new flooring. The sales representatives from Lumber Liquidators knew their stuff and what I needed from them. The experience was an enjoyable trip. We got the product then my daughter’s boyfriend and I installed it. It only took a day.

Hello Vaughn,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 27, 2018

A customer upgraded her floors and went with Lumber Liquidators where we got 3/4-inch prefinished flooring. I called Lumber Liquidators and they said that the flooring will be in on a particular date, so I scheduled my flooring crew. Then I called them again a few days before the date and they said that they had not even shipped the product yet. I said that it was supposed to be here on a particular date but they said that they never promised that. I told them they did and mentioned the name of the representative. I knew his name and I wrote his number down because I’ve dealt with a lot of companies. Then they said that he shouldn’t have told me that and that he no longer works there because he told a lot of people that. They also said that it was not their fault because they told him he shouldn’t tell people that.

Then, I got the flooring and they decided not to give me all the accessories so we could start the project. And when I called them on that, they said that they were gonna next-day ship it from California and it would be there tomorrow. But it was a week and a half later that it showed up. I called the California store that they said they next-dayed it from and the California store said that they do not next-day anything and that they don’t do that for anybody at any time. So essentially, they just tell people what they wanna hear. The managers aren’t personable and the stores are just what they are. Lumber Liquidators is possibly the worst company I've ever dealt with, and I’ve dealt with a lot of flooring companies. I’ve actually had the same response in this experience three times now. So, I will never deal with them nor will I ever send a customer there again. Don’t use them.

Quality-wise, Lumber Liquidators have never been a top-notch flooring supplier. They have a product, make it as cheap as they can, and they sell it for what they can sell it for. It is what it is, quality-wise. Working with the product is difficult than other things. Tongue-and-groove-wise, they didn’t fit together well and took a lot more finicking. The accessory pieces didn’t fit so it was a lot more dicking around than something that one gets from quality store. The customer felt good about the job only because we took the time to fix the issues. With Lumber Liquidators, it comes down more to installation and who’s doing it than the product itself, because the product itself doesn’t necessarily sell itself.

Hello Nick,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: July 26, 2018

I got my bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators and the quality is great. I did the installation myself and it was very easy.

Hello Dean,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. Bamboo is one of our ECO friendly products that looks, feels, and performs like hardwood. Enjoy your new!

Original review: July 25, 2018

Paid $25 for floor measurement, waited over a week, they showed up and did their measurements. Next day they called and said that they had the report, but when I ask if she could send it to me in pdf form she said I had to come to the St. Petersburg store to get it because she didn't have any way to send it to me in pdf form. I then ask her to drop it in the mail and she couldn't do that either. All she wanted to do was sell me flooring and that was why I had to go to the store. This was just a rip off of $25 bucks for nothing. I will not do business with someone who treats customers this way.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We purchase flooring about every 60 days from Lumber Liquidators and we got bamboo the last time. Our interactions with the sales representatives have been satisfactory. They're reasonable people to do business with. We do our own install and the quality of the flooring is good for the price.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Lumber Liquidators were awesome. We were adding on to our house and we needed more wood. I called and asked them if they had a specific kind that we already have in the house and they did. The flooring scratches really easy, but it’s great. We got it on sale. And we installed it ourselves. We have to match it together with another type of flooring, but it’s pretty easy to do. They look like they’re flowing nicely.

Hello Meghan,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. It is nice to hear you were able to find a product to match your existing floor. We appreciate your business and thank you for shopping with Lumber Liquidators.

Best Wishes,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: July 24, 2018

We saw some of the new stuff online and on TV and we decided to change our flooring. We bought wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators, and the representative was very helpful. He gave us different choices and explained everything the way it was in the loft in case because a customer had bought the same product and sometimes they don't like it. So we made sure that it was the product that we wanted. The flooring was a good price and the quality is great. My husband installed it and it looks really nice. I also don't have to sweep it a lot.

Hello Marisela,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website at www.lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy your new floor!

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information

VA
800-427-3966
www.lumberliquidators.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business