toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators for our new house and the quality is very nice. The sales rep was quite knowledgeable and did a good job. Things went pretty well and I'm satisfied.

We purchased premium select maple bellawood hardwood flooring for 3 bedrooms, dining room & living room. The flooring looks great! My only downside to this is we spent the extra money for a harder wood compared to the typical oak flooring because of our dog. Unfortunately she is still able to easily scratch the flooring. Overall we are very happy with the flooring and the customer service we have receive!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently bought engineered hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. Actually, I've been through the whole house with their products. I did my living room and hallway with their flooring. In one bedroom, we glued down three inch hardwood, and in the remaining two bedrooms, I did engineered hardwood. All these with flooring purchased from Empire. I decided to update the flooring because I had glue down, engineered flooring in, and it was getting pretty weathered, and it was time to replace it. So, I took all that out since I didn't like carpets in the house either.

The sales reps explained and went through pretty good all about the products and the warranty, and the different brands that I had to pick from. But I already knew what I wanted when I went into the store. I like the quality of the flooring that I got. Everybody pays compliments whenever they come in. The first thing you see when you open the door is the hardwood floor. It catches your eye. It looks good because my furniture matches up well with the color of the floor.

I put the flooring in myself and it was really easy to put down. The glue down was harder to work with because of the three inch boards. They don't make it anymore in cherry. I noticed that the long cuts had a little bit of a warp to them, and it was kind of hard to keep the gaps out of them. But as far as the engineering, the lock and the groove, that was the easiest to put down, and that's what I'd recommend to anybody to put down. In fact, I wish I had put that down throughout the whole house. Overall, I like the experience that I've had with Empire, and I have nothing negative to say about it at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've bought a new house and I don't like having carpet in my dining room, so we decided we were gonna put new flooring down. We bought hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and their sales representatives were very good in explaining to us the different kinds of laminate as opposed to the wood, and the already stained and sealed woods as opposed to just having the raw wood. They were really helpful.

We did the installation ourselves with the help of a friend that used to do it as a business. Our friend showed us how to get the flooring lined up. Once we got the hang of it, we took it from there. It was pretty easy. We just finished putting down the last part of the flooring and so far, we really like it. We're gonna do another room and a hallway probably after the holidays and finish out. We got told that the type of wood we got goes out of production in February. So sometime between now and then, we're going to finish this project.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love the commercial grade laminate flooring I got from Lumber Liquidators. It's Boardwalk Oak so it's supposed to look like old wharf boards and they tended to look pink in the showroom but I like it much better when it was installed in the house. I raise Tibetan Mastiff dogs so I have dogs that are all way over 150 pounds so the flooring is a little slippery for them but aside from that, they can't scratch the flooring. I had tried three other different kinds of flooring but the availability was so crappy that I couldn’t order them because of the fact that they would take longer than my construction job was going to take. Also, Lumber Liquidators didn't do the installation and the guys in the Pleasant Hill location weren't very helpful. But overall, the prices were good and I cut cost on the floor by square foot by a good amount.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

LL is so busy, as are their installers, that they can't keep up with it all at every step of the way. The installation company they referred us to use is a joke! They are called Dream Design and the only dream is the nightmare they strap you with throughout the entire process. It's all about making the sale, but after that moment, they never met one timeframe or even completed the job within a reasonable timeframe; we are still waiting for them to finish up after about 3 weeks after the original install date. Just a joke; don't use Dream Design in Las Vegas!

On the plus side service was excellent, staff person was very knowledgeable and courteous. On the less positive, the red oak hardwood flooring graded "Select" should have been marked "# 2". The other complaint is the amount of paperwork. I purchased 2 items on my visit (separately) and walked out of the store with 8 sheets of paper (81/2 X 11). Neither efficient nor good for the environment.

I bought flooring that was deeply discounted for a kitchen remodel. Worked out great. I picked up an 8 ft. butcher block counter top for a bar I made. Nice and straight (not warped or twisted) and good price. Recently had to match red oak tongue and groove from 1953 for a bath remodel. I could not believe you had it in stock for a very reasonable price per bundle. Thanks.

I ordered wood flooring for my family room, it's beautiful. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators to all my friends. They were the only ones who could tell me what kind of wood that was in my kitchen to match it up to my family room.

I had a wonderful experience at the Hyannis store. The salesman was very, very nice and very helpful. The only complaint I have is I haven't received my bill and I am getting nervous that there is some problem. Thanks.

Super helpful and great service. My house didn't close when I thought and the team was great about letting me push my pick up date back a week. This was my first floor purchase and the team made it easy and seamless. Thanks so much.

Needed 1 box of 5-inch Natural Maple, Lumber Liquidators in Nashua, NH had some in stock for same day pickup. Also picked up some material to cover the sub floor. Out of the box all of the pieces look fine and installed with no problem. Get a lot of compliments on the floor and will be back for a much larger project in the near future.

Very good product and service - liked the no charge return policy for unopened cartons. Liked the store carried all the accessories required for installation such as fasteners, furniture pads, underlayment etc. Staff was knowledgeable and helpful. I would use them again.

I usually don't do reviews, but these guys deserve it! I have nothing but good things to say about them! I placed an order and ended up not liking the floor I picked after I got it home. They helped me pick a new floor, and I was able to take it home that day and now it is installed and beautiful. Not only that, but I originally thought I would have to get laminate to stay in my budget, but I was able to find gorgeous bamboo flooring in my budget here!

I also ordered trim, thresholds, and tile for a bathroom that I can't wait to receive -- which were all priced lower than at the many other stores I had compared prices at. They have been so helpful with the many questions I have had and very accommodating with all of my changes along the way. I will never shop anywhere else after the great experience with customer service and their great prices.

I purchased a good sized order of stranded bamboo flooring, padding, moldings and flush vent covers. The flush vent covers I was told weren't in stock anywhere local to me so the associate told me he could ship them directly to me for an extra $20.00 and it would take a couple of days. I received the vent covers relatively fast but they showed up just wrapped in shipping saran wrap only, no protection.

Once I unwrapped them they were completely damaged. I called the store and they told me that I could return them to the Nashua store because it was more local to me. They also said that they would locate and ship to me undamaged ones. I received the shipment a little slower then the first time and this time around they shipped three vent covers, two of them were the same and the last one was different. The two that are the same have small openings for the air to come out and will create a loud airflow noise. The other one that got shipped was the one I was interested in.

I drove back to the Woburn store to explain the issue and one of the managers told me he would tell his manager and take care of it. After six days of hearing nothing I called the Woburn store and spoke with the same manager and he claimed that the reason why they haven't contacted me was they were still looking for them but after he made that statement he told me they no longer make the "style" vents I was looking for.

He told me that they would return and credit me but the issue is that it has put a hold on my flooring project, no one contacted me for six days to give me an update and when I was asked him about the refund of the shipping cost he gave me a story about how they don't usually refund the shipping cost because it costs them but didn't take into consideration the two trips I had to take to try and get the correct product I purchased, the multiple times calling the store and waiting for someone to pick up the phone and the inconvenience of holding up the project.

It's 6 months since our laminate floor was incorrectly installed. 2 months after repeated complaints to corporate and local store, a 3rd party evaluation judged the installation as improperly done, needing to be replaced. In 2 more months, a different installer was assigned to replace the floor with a new floor. Then in 1 more month and an incorrect amount and type of materials were delivered with some correct products. The pertinent rooms have been prepared for the installation and are unsuitable for common use. Efforts to communicate with Lumber Liquidators (Customer Resolution Specialist) has been made, but with minimal and essential replies. This 6 month event has caused many inconveniences, marital stresses, and consternation about careless and derelict business. The upside is how Lumber Liquidators's integrity stepped up in their judgment of honoring their customer satisfaction / warranty guarantee!

The customer service I received was awesome. I found that my salesperson knew his business and answered all my questions without having to think about how to answer me. Ordering and pick up went very smoothly. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators to anyone.

Factual basis uncertain

We Develop homes that are over 5,000 sf to which I would not buy my material here with this experience. I remodeled my grandmother's home which was a small project. I purchased stair tops and natural wood for the landings. We told the lady at the front we needed wood for the landings. She gave a cost and I paid for it. Never once said it was second hand material. I don't ever like to buy second hand material because you ALWAYS HAVE ISSUES. When we fit the material it was bundled up so of course you can't break it apart at the warehouse. The material was not opened for a couple weeks since we were not ready for the stairs yet.

When we were ready we open up the bundles and it was very poor quality. Lots of holes and knots in the wood. For sure the material could not be used especially in a small area. No room for cuts. We did not open up the second bundle for the reason that the first bundle was really bad quality and thought it would be the same. We went back to the store with the open bundle and showed the guy at the front the bundle. He said "you should have known you purchased secondhand material, and since you opened the bundle we cannot take it back or exchange it for better quality material." I could not believe it. I told him that no one ever told me it was secondhand and if they had told me it was secondhand I would not have purchased it.

My question is how am I supposed to know that it is secondhand when no one mentions it and the bundle is bundled up. There is no way of knowing until you open that bundle. He would not budge and acted as though he did not care and I should have known. So the material I bought there was a waste and I had to eat it. What a waste of time and money. It was not a large purchase but thank God I found out how this operation runs. I will not be using them on any of my future homes which two of them now that I'm working on are in Point Loma and are over 5000 ft.

Caught a great sale for 2 1/4 inch red oak hardwood plank flooring, prefinished. The price was great and the installation was easy but exhausting. It took 11 hours to put down 498 square feet and finish it off. Took a while to get started since we had never put down flooring before but by the 3rd row we were moving along quickly.

The worst experience of my life. Drove from Roswell, NM to Albuquerque, NM to pick up our flooring, got home and it was the wrong floor. The employee was rude. Although she took blame for ordering the wrong floor, she was completely unprofessional. She tried blaming me for her horrible service. They wouldn't work with us enough to return and replace the flooring. We took the flooring back and she had a horrible attitude kept interrupting me and stormed off.

She didn't check the items I was returning and assumed I was returning the entire purchase. I was only returning the floor. I spoke to the assistant manager and a boss who then returned my money and gave me free glue. Had that employee worked with us like the boss did we would have gotten the floor we asked for. Instead I will never do business with Lumber Liquidators again. Complete waste of time and money.

I was amazed and impressed with your store manager Dan **, from your Ohio Pike /Cincinnati store. (Unit 58) His attention to detail and knowledge of the product, with my need to find the best wood floors was excellent, I ended up buying Hardwood for my whole house. The Bellawood /Brazilian Koa wood is the best I have ever see.

The guy who measured, measured incorrectly. More pieces had to be added at the end. The store had the wrong tag with the floor we wanted but ended up valuing the tag price. What should have been a 3 day job turned into 8 days. The contractor was really where the issues arose from. LL was helpful but better floor contractors need to be hired.

I was needing to piece in flooring where a floor to ceiling fireplace used to be. The salesman knew exactly what I needed and we were in and out in 15 min. Very happy with my experience in the Amarillo Lumber Liquidators store.

The sales and warehouse staff was very helpful. I would highly recommend the product and store. LL was very competitive in their pricing and the quality of the product was excellent. Keep up the good work and your store will continue to grow.

From the beginning to end the experience was very professional. LL is a very well run operationally organized business. Thrilled with my purchase. As a former business owner and retail VP of a major company I was pleased with how well the operation was ran. The product that was installed is high quality and looks great.

Love my new floors, had a problem initially when installing. Called LL and they put me on the right track. Very happy with the color selection, quality of material. Local store experts were very helpful. My home value has increased and my satisfaction spending time in my home as well. Having carpets done has made me very happy.

They talk with forked tongue. They start out with a quote and say this is everything. Then you have to transport the material, then they gave me the wrong material so had to take it back. Then they send out this guy to measure with no sense of customer service. Then I go back for a third time. And now they tell me I need to pay more money for installation. They are nothing but a company that nickel and dime you. And if you are a woman, they really take advantage of you. So they thought. I would not recommend them to anyone. Beware!!! Beware!!! Their advertisements on tv are not what they do when you get there. Beware!!!

Very satisfied with my latest transaction at the Beltsville, MD store. Good service and was introduced to the "Pro Desk" and received a volume discount to compete with my Home Depot "Pro Desk" pricing. I am waiting for the Pro-Desk Rep. (Stephanie) to contact me to coordinate more volume purchases, as promised.

I love my floors, but I was a little upset when the young man that I purchased the floors from told me the product would be in within the week and it actual took a month or more. I had a contractor measure the square footage and when he laid my floors I came up one slat short. I had to buy a whole box for one slat, now I have a box I can't use. But kudos to Daniel at the Mercury Blvd store for his great customer service.

Everything they quoted from deliveries to installations and prices never wavered or changed. Experienced and accommodating installers that had a big challenge with demo of existing hardwoods and tile did a superb job. Very satisfied. I would highly recommend Lumber Liquidators.

Lumber Liquidators Company Profile