2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

4.1/5 (80 ratings)

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Pros

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

Top LL Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Verified

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up t...

Verified

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock....

What is Lumber Liquidators (now LL Flooring)?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
  • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
  • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
  • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

LL Flooring installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

LL Flooring FAQ

How much does LL Flooring charge for installation?
LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
Does LL Flooring use formaldehyde?
LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
Is LL Flooring good quality?
LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
Is LL Flooring safe?
LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is LL Flooring good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, LL Flooring showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

LL Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased vinyl flooring online and it was easy to do that. The only complaint I have is that when I placed the order, it was supposed to be picked up because they showed that it was available at Pomona location. When I was on my way to pick it up, I called to let them know that I was on my way. They told me that they only had two boxes. So, they told me that the order wasn't to be picked up there. It was to be picked up at the Rancho location. It was just not the location that I thought I had placed the order. I don't know if they automatically moved the order to whoever has more in stock.

That was very inconvenient for me. I live in Clermont, but the problem is not so much the distance. It's the time because of the traffic. I had to take like two hours lunch to be able to go and come back, drop the product off at the house, and go back to work. I was under the impression that I had to go pick it up at a different location. Everything else was good.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We went first to look at cabinets, and then we saw that LL Flooring was right next door. We walked over there originally, and then we weren't ready to purchase in store at that time, so we just placed an order online later when we got home. It was easy to find the products on the website. I was looking for white stair risers and there were quite a few products that didn't have the imagery just yet. But I was able to go into the product details and confirm that they were white and the exact color and if it was finished in the top left bottom or right.

I got the painted poplar riser and they were much better than what I thought. Right now we're in the middle of a home renovation, and those were really hard to find, and LL Flooring was the only one that had them in stock. I think most people didn't order them because there wasn't a product image, and they didn't know what it was. But I kinda got lucky and they were able to get them pretty quickly for me so it was really nice.

We went to the store in a week or two. That day they were doing some water pressure treatment outside the store, so they were cleaning up, but they were so friendly. The people who were working there were making sure that people came in and out of the door safely and that they didn't trip on the water. They were able to get our order. We pulled up to the back and picked it up quickly. They helped us get it into the car. It was a great service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I ordered laminate flooring online and the website was super simple to go through. What I like is that I can add my flooring in, see what it looks like with the colors the site has, and take a picture of the room. It helps me match a lot easier than going into the store and actually looking at it, and then trying to put a phone up next to it. It works a lot better. Just make sure to take the picture of the room in good lighting, and then add the flooring in. The sales representatives were quick with getting the email. They called and left a voicemail and let me know that my order was ready to pick up.

The quality of the flooring is really good. The only thing I didn't like is that I just bought flooring that had the pad on the back because I was putting it in a basement with a vapor barrier down. But on a lot of the boards, it wasn't even, so I knew it was the manufacturing sheets. A lot of the times, I was having to go in and take off little slices of the bottom because it would start on a perfect angle and then go up, and I assumed that was the way it was laid on and cut because I knew that they make it on a larger board and then cut the pieces to fit. But once everything was installed, it turned out perfect. LL Flooring's products are better than what's offered at the big-box stores, like the price points. I just take my time and wait until something goes on sale that I want.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased from LL Flooring the Saint Germain Oak vinyl plank flooring online and I picked it up at East Brunswick. But I went to look at it at Union. They didn't have enough there because we just had the flood in New Jersey and a lot of the waterproof flooring was low in stock. So, I would have to have to go to two locations. I went to the showroom and they explained everything to me as well as other kinds of flooring and the underlayment. There was some confusion though when I called customer service. Since I purchased online, they told me I would need to come down there for whatever reason and verify the credit card first. I was going away on vacation and when I called back the next day, the other person told me that the contractor could come and pick it up. But the customer service at the store was good and the manager was very knowledgeable.

I have a condo so the flooring was installed everywhere except the bathroom and the kitchen. I'm very happy with it. You would have to know that it's vinyl. It looks much better quality than it is and it looks very good. The texture makes it look like it’s a little bit natural which was what I liked about it. The flooring has a 10-year warranty and it is waterproof, which was why I got it. I would recommend LL Flooring. People should see it at the showroom and then either purchase it there or online.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I ordered some Acacia flooring from LL Flooring and I did it online, but the way that worked out wasn't ideal. I paid and then just waited for it to arrive. I called to double-check when it was supposed to come in, and they said, "Oh, yeah, yeah. It's coming. But we just didn't have your number." One number got left off my phone number, but they were really good at handling the problem. The manager was great, and my order was here within a week. I brought the wrong car 'cause I didn't know what size the boxes were, and the guy helped me load them into my Mercury Marquis, which is a sedan. We made it work, and the guy was super cool with the store too. That was the North Kansas City location, on Vivion Road.

A friend of mine that does some construction work is working on my house, and I had him install the hardwood flooring. I had this old Acacia a years ago, and it was discontinued. I figured I'd never match it, but LL Flooring matched it and it looks great. I'm super happy with the product, and I'm planning on ordering a bunch more of it to finish off. It's not a perfect match, 'cause Acacia never is, and it is a different manufacturer. It's one of those deals where I barely notice because I know. Somebody that walks in the house is never gonna be able to tell, and hardwood's supposed to be irregular.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

The online experience was pretty good. The only negative thing that I ran into was that a whole box of what I was sent had been damaged. But other than that, it was pretty good. Customer service was good all the way around. The quality of the flooring product I got was okay. It came with a pad, but I felt like I needed to purchase another. So, I purchased the pad with it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I made an order online a few weeks ago. It was not complicated at all. It's just the time that it's taking and their communication. I called LL Flooring's customer service to set up the delivery and a lady said she was supposed to send me a delivery. They said it was gonna be here on the 30th but it's already November 2nd and they haven't showed up. They're supposed to let me know. They usually send you an email about your order status but when I go to check online, the website doesn't give you any information about it. You have to always call and sometimes, you can't do that. I can't be calling people or answering calls very often. I really need my flooring.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

The flooring from LL Flooring was the perfect color and came with the padding attached. We did the installation ourselves and overall, it was very easy. We encountered a couple of boards that maybe the end was chipped on it but it was only a few boards out of the 35 boxes of what we bought.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

We purchased the same flooring that we got the last time we chose LL Flooring. The deal was way too good to pass up and the flooring was amazing. People should go for LL Flooring. I installed the flooring myself so, it was very easy to put together. It looks great. Once you get used to it after you've laid about half a room, it comes together. It’s like riding a bike. The customer service was great on the first and middle part. But I’ve still got four boxes left and I’ve been trying to get it returned so that I can get a refund on that or a back credit for what we have spent so far.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I purchased some vinyl planks and stairs from LL Flooring and the quality was wonderful as well as working with the rep. We DIYed for the installation and sometimes, it was hard. But when we got stuck, we talked to them and they helped us through it. Also, when we needed to return things because we over-bought or when we needed to order more, it was super easy.

LL Flooring Company Information