Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

4.6/5 (264 ratings)

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Pros

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

Top LL Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Verified

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up t...

Verified

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock....

What is Lumber Liquidators (now LL Flooring)?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
  • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
  • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
  • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

LL Flooring installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

LL Flooring FAQ

How much does LL Flooring charge for installation?
LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
Does LL Flooring use formaldehyde?
LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
Is LL Flooring good quality?
LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
Is LL Flooring safe?
LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is LL Flooring good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, LL Flooring showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

LL Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Remy, one of the sales associates, was phenomenal. He helped us out and he was very knowledgeable. Also, he went way above and beyond. We ordered a lot of flooring and he kept us in the loop on what was going on. He made some suggestions to purchase some other items and the installation would have been a total disaster without them. He was 100% correct.

Then, when I was getting ready and prepping the floors, I tried to talk to them first before heading there. I called and it rang and rang. I asked to speak to a floor associate and it just kept ringing. Remy called back and apologized he couldn't pick up the phone because he was with another customer. You never hear that today. I told him what I needed and he did a stock check. He wrote it all up and waited for me. I got there at 4:30 and he was ready for me. He made it so easy. I was in and out of there in under 15 minutes. He also showed me how the product is supposed to be used. He offered me all of these tips knowing that I'm just a homeowner trying to do it myself.

When it came time for me to start returning some of the products, it was very easy to return. We showed up first thing on a Saturday morning and it was one woman working there. She was a great person. She managed all three customers at the same time and kept us all going. I didn't feel like I had to wait for anything. She was phenomenal herself. The Arlington Heights location has some really good employees and I've told other people about my experience and I said, "Go over there." Also, this is our first experience with vinyl plank flooring but we are very happy with the product.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I went to several different places and looked around. I always seemed to end up back at LL Flooring. It was a feel-good thing and I got a good price. I just happened to hit it right where the particular thing that I liked was on sale. I was impressed with the savings coupled with the pleasant environment and the willingness to help me achieve my goal in a certain area. Everything was put together very well. The quality is there in the wood too.

LL Flooring has a wide selection of all different kinds of flooring, depending on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. It'll fill anybody's taste for floors. What I like about the people there is they have the knowledge of the types of different floorings and they are able to explain the pros and cons. That helps people to decide what material they want to use for a particular room. It just all came together. I changed my mind about the coloring that I wanted to use. I'm glad that I waited as long as I did. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have the floor I have to put in.

We have a property that we're renovating and in the final phase, I wanted to put the wood floor in a particular area last because it was gonna be a heavy traffic area. The wood is on the kitchen tile and it's right next to the living room and master bedroom floor that it's gonna go down on. When the crew comes back in, we're gonna put the floor in, we're going to put the backsplash in the kitchen in, and install the rest of the appliances.

If somebody asked me, "Where's a good place to go to get wood flooring?" I would say, "Go to LL Flooring. Check out all the other places too." If you go to a company that specializes in what you're looking for and you need assistance down the road, any of the other places that don't just specialize in this are really not gonna be able to help you in the same way. That was the experience I gathered when I was comparing wood flooring from different places. If you go to the store and talk with people there and explain what you're trying to do, they're going to point you in the right direction and help you select color schemes. They can pick out colors. I just enjoyed it.

Original review: July 17, 2022

LL Flooring won out on my cost comparison. And then the installation cost that was quoted was fantastic compared to everyone else. I love my new flooring. I should have done it years ago. I had no idea it would be this easy. And the product itself is beautiful. LL Flooring was the only company that we found that had the color and style of floor that was in our dream of when we start remodeling the house. And now having it installed on the floor, it completely changed the energy of the house. We wake up every morning and walk into our huge kitchen, living, dining room and we would be amazed.

Their customer service, they're killing it. The whole process from start to finish, even like calling just to find out, "Okay, what would be the best way to do this? Should we come in? Should we look at this first? Should I look online?" And picking up the product from the store, I opted to transport it in my own vehicle. The gentleman who was running the store that day, who operated the forklift to load me up, was top-notch. Heads and shoulders above all the rest. And that's a huge compliment because I'm not super impressed with the people of Utah. It felt like for me an out-of-state experience because of the level of kindness and the attention to detail.

The guy that came out to do the measurements was Tyler. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. He answered every question that we had. And we had many because it was my husband, myself and my dad. He took digital measurements of everything, which I had no idea was even a capability. And the quantity of product that was ordered and all of the supplies were 100% utilized. The two gentlemen he sent over to actually do the install, his crew, were wonderful. They were prompt and quick.

Usually, you have strangers in the house doing things you feel a level of, "Oh, it's kind of weird." But those guys were so nice and thorough, and all throughout the project if there was something that came up or they had a question they wanted to verify how we wanted something before they did it. I was blown away and impressed. Because to me, a couple of men on the job site, "Hey, do this task," they're just going to do it and consequences be damned. But I would hire them again in a heartbeat for any work in my house.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I got vinyl flooring that clicks together for my bathroom from LL Flooring. The price was amazing because they were having a sale that weekend. The salesperson asked me what I was looking for so I told him the colors I would like to be in the floor. I was very specific about what I was looking for. I wanted vinyl. It's warmer and softer, but they make it now so it looks like ceramic tile. He showed me something from 6 months ago so it was marked down extra because of that. I looked at it and it was exactly what I wanted. It has the tan, the gray and the white in it. Those are the three colors I wanted. That was either getting the gray and the white or the tan and the white. It's hard to find all of them and I didn't want it to be sparkly. They had it in stock and I needed it within a week or two put in.

He loaded it in my car, gave me the floor pad for underneath, and went through some basic instructions. I didn't need the floor pad because my friend who's laying the floor down has some left from another project. He said, "Buy it. If you don't need it, you can return it." I ended up returning it and had no problem with the return. I'm happy with the product. It's much better than Home Depot or Lowe's. The quality is good. Even the person putting the floor in said the flooring is heavy-duty. I have recommended LL Flooring to two people since then. Their location is not ideal though. They're so tucked back on route 20 in Massachusetts. It's hard to see them. But when I called, the guy gave me good directions.

Original review: June 4, 2022

We were pleased from the very first day that we went to visit with LL Flooring. I've been doing business for 40 some odd years and I have never experienced such professionalism from A to Z. From the moment we met the girl to the delivery, on time, to the guy who came to do the measurements. He was very professional and he measured everything. Then we got the delivery and it was on time. A nice gentleman came here. On the day of the installation, I was freaking out because I was worried about how they were gonna do it. The two gentlemen who came here were both Brazilian and I spoke to them in my broken Spanish. We got through with the Portuguese and the Spanish. They showed up in the morning and they were done at 3:30 in the afternoon, and cleaned up. We've had the carpeting down for over 25 years. So, we pulled it all up in the hallway, the living room and the dining room. And they were completely done.

My wife is not the most decisive person in the world so the girl gave her panels to take home. Then, she got it down to three and went back a second time. My wife couldn't make up her mind and the girl was very sweet and absolutely wonderful. So, the sales person was great. She was very understanding and came back quickly whenever we needed an answer. On our installation, they tested and would charged if there was lead but they just deducted it off the bill because there was no lead in the molding. If everything went as smooth as this, I would have no complaints. But of course, that's another world. It was excellent. We love the floor and my wife is thrilled. She had to shop for a dining room set, and now, she's getting carpet, a little area rug and then vertical blinds. But this is not over in a long shot.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I ordered hardwood floors for a large house. They sent out a worker to measure the floors and order the correct amount of flooring. They measured it incorrectly and then blamed the customer. Then they installed flooring that did not match as they ordered it from different batches. The installation was a disaster. It was done very unprofessionally and despite multiple attempts to get LL flooring to fix it, it is still messed up. I paid thousands for the flooring and it looks very cheap and unprofessional. Do not go with this store! Avoid.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

We shopped a LL Flooring several years ago and bought floor. Then we got a luxury vinyl plank flooring this time around. It was easy to purchase. The sales rep was great. The installation was easier. A contractor did it and they didn't have any problems. The quality of the flooring seems good. It's in the kitchen, dining room, bathroom, and the mud room. The look looks good.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

We got vinyl plank flooring and we love it. It's easy to clean, but we're using the cleaner that's meant for it. The main guy that helped us was really good. The guy that loaded the flooring was so awesome. Everybody was great.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

The flooring I got from LL Flooring looks really great and high quality. My wife was kind of lukewarm on it but when she saw it in person, she really liked it. If I have to buy any more flooring, I'll check them out right away and see what they have that might meet my requirement.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

Recently, I bought hardwood flooring. The reps were amazing. I had been looking for that floor that would fit a really specific need for quite a while, and I kind of narrowed it down to three. When John there knew that this was my top choice and in my price range, and when it came on sale, he dropped me a line and said, “Just wanted to let you know that this is being offered now if you're ready.” The way that he did it was not like a pesky needling you to buy. He knew I wanted to buy and he was letting me know of an opportunity that was to my benefit. I jumped on it at their location on 410. I have always gotten extremely personal service. They were very helpful. I'm very happy. John treated me as a valued customer.

LL Flooring Company Information