2. Homeowners

Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Whether you want to Do It Yourself or Have It Installed, LL Flooring has got you covered.

LL FLOORING Video
LL FLOORING Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

PROS

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

CONS

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Top LL Flooring Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up there, and he bought laminate for his whole house as well. ... We love the flooring so far.

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock. The reps were definitely really knowledgeable. Everything worked out pretty good. I would recommend them.

LL Flooring Call Now Toll Free (800) 427-3966 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

What is Lumber Liquidators (now LL Flooring)?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
  • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
  • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
  • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

LL Flooring installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

LL Flooring FAQ

How much does LL Flooring charge for installation?
LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
Does LL Flooring use formaldehyde?
LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
Is LL Flooring good quality?
LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
Is LL Flooring safe?
LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is LL Flooring good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, LL Flooring showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

LL Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: April 2, 2021

Great experience with salesman. Installation done end of February, we chose wood-look ceramic tile for our kitchen/dining room. Right after install had a tile pop loose, and then noticed grout was crumbling in between tiles. Called store and installer came out and repaired. The next day another few loose tiles and more grout crumbling. Called store again. Installer came out and fixed. Same issue for a third time. We spoke to supervisor of installer. He came out and looked and said he’d make sure to make it right. Said he was going on vacation week of March 15 but would call us when he got back to schedule repair.

As the week progressed, more loose tiles and more grout cracking and crumbling. Week after March 15, Friday, and still no call from Supervisor. Had to call twice to get him to call back with day installer would be here to fix. He came out a third time and fixed loose tiles, etc. once again, more crumbling grout and another loose tile, the day after he left. Once again spoke with supervisor who said he’d have guy come out and fix and pretty much said we are waiting, king on floor too soon, (even though installer said it was ok) and that we should be waiting 48 hours (so he was basics, my saying it was our fault). He said he’d call my husband Wednesday. I told my husband I don’t want him coming out again to fix. It’s going to be the same outcome, so why even bother?

I filed a claim with the corporate office. They asked me to send pics which I did and said I’d receive a reply back in 24-48 hours. That would have been yesterday, and I didn’t get a response. I sent an email, this a.m and no response. I also noticed my trim was broken by installer and repaired, instead of him replacing with new trim that was in garage. I took a pic and sent this today to them as well, along with an email stating I’d like a reply ASAP. I’m paying for a floor that is in disrepair. Crumbling grout all over and loose tiles. It’s been well over a month since install and still don’t have a functioning floor. We paid $4200 for the floor and had I known this would be the outcome I’d have never gone with Lumber Liquidators. I’m so frustrated!

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We bought our Hickory floors a year ago. At the first they were great and loved the way they looked. My wife went out and bought the cleaner and cleaning product they recommended. She keeps the floors very clean. Now after being down for a year, we are seeing splits starting to occur around different parts of the house. Looks like plenty of people are having this problem. We have a whole house humidifier and our humidity stays the same, so not a dry problem. As others have I called and got the same run around. All they will do is give us a box of new product. What a rip off. Most of the splits are in the middle where it will not be easy to fix. No telling how much more you end up destroying trying to get the bad out.

I would recommend that you research other flooring before buy their stuff. Cheaper is not always the best and you can not believe these salesmen any more. They will lie through their teeth to make a sale. They know once you have spent the money, you can not do anything to them. Save your time, money and headaches, go somewhere else.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Three times I order the flooring. I found a marble looking floor. The installation could not be done because the installer said the flooring was no good, second floor was no good, the third floor was installed bad. Now vents go though floor and floor not even lined up, Jeff sold the floor should be fired so should Mark the installer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Purchased flooring from them back in 2018, the flooring we choose also had a "Lifetime Warranty". Since we were not from the area, we asked who they would recommend to install the flooring, they provided us a name, we received an estimate from them and had the work done. About a year ago, we noticed the floor rising in spots, very noticeable and could trip over if you are not paying attention. I too got the same run around, send 10 pictures and someone will be in touch. I kept getting "reminder" emails to send the pictures, which I did EVERYTIME! Finally they gave me someone who said they received them and reviewed and told me since I had no "extra" pieces to send them to be tested, I would have to hire a floor inspector to determine the problem.

It should NOT fall on me to prove there is an issue, they need to stand behind the product. She did offer me four (4) boxes of "replacements" to fix the areas, but that still does not solve the issue, it will happen over and over again. Just want a refund for the flooring so I can move on to a much more reputable company. If you considering purchasing from them, I strongly advise not to.

Resolution response: Jan. 29, 2021

I'm happy to report that LL took great care of me. I wasn't dealing with the correct person originally.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Picked up a bunch of flooring that I installed on a wall myself. It's a lot more time consuming process than installing it on a floor in that you have to glue it and hold it while the glue dries. It took me 4-5 months to complete the process also because it was in a weekend cabin, not my home. When I got the material the employee said, "You cleared us out of this color and there are a few boxes with box edge damage. Just bring them back if you can't use them." Never mentioned anything about a 90-day return policy. I have 7 extra unopened boxes and that's about $350. I'm 30 days after their return policy and they gave me a hard NO. I called LL customer service and they also said NO, sell them on Craigslist. If I would have known this I would have returned some and picked up more as I needed it. It's not a discontinued item. I think that's just poor customer service.

LL Flooring response
    Hello. I regret to hear that there is a concern and problem with the customer service you have received from LL. The return and exchange policy is 90 days which could have been said to you however it references to visit the website and customer care if there are any concerns. I would be happy to speak with you on this matter in greater detail as I have setup a case file for you regarding the issue. I will reach out to you in hopes of coming to a resolve.

Thanks.

Resolution response: Jan. 28, 2021

The company reached out to me. We came to a mutually agreeable solution. The issue was mainly due to their sub-contractor inflating a price to level the floors, and the take the price now, or we leave and do not know when we will be back attitude. I knew, and understood the leveling was possible, and necessary. Just not an overall increase of the entire price (product, tear out, install) by 43%. However, they hired the sub-contractor, not me.

I am happy with the product, sales, and installation. The owner of the sub-contracted installation needs be be cautioned that their actions reflect directly on LLC. Lumber Liquidators did the right thing in the end and I am now satisfied. I would recommend, with caution. If anything arises during install, speak with LLC management.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Everything started out fine. Good experience selecting the laminates. Salespeople helpful. Installer measurement went well. Delivery went well. Removal of carpet and old laminate. Entire 1st floor including kitchen, LR, FR, FR. Price was great. $6k for product, removal and install, total. A great price. then during removal it was determined that some leveling was needed and some shimming and sanding of a couple places on the subfloor. We are talking a couple hundred dollars of supplies at best and a day of labor. LLC called and started with, well HQ wanted $4200 to start, but I got them down to $2600.

You actually want me to believe that? My entire main level is in total disarray, they will not install flooring without this work. They know they have me over a barrel and took full advantage it. Increased the job price by 43%. The original removal and install was only $3000 in the first place. Buyer beware. I am so disappointed. I gave LLC a chance, but in the end, I was taken advantage of.

LL Flooring response
    Hello. I regret to that there were issues in the midst and after your install. Our business is not to take advantage of the customer but to assist in the best way possible. I am sorry that you were not verbally informed of the possible subfloor work that could possibly take place after removing your carpet. There should have been paperwork that you were to sign that should have informed you of the possible things that may come in to play during the install. I will look further into your concern and your information has been updated in the system and I will be in touch.

Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have not gotten the flooring yet, when we ordered our flooring we were told to expect delivery in two weeks. It is now 7 weeks later without delivery. I have yet to even see the product, but order an extra month or two in advance. Do not expect any communications from the company to advise that there would be a delay, customer service is severely lacking.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Let me start by stating I love the quality of the floors and they look great in my home. However, the installation process was abysmal to say the least and is cause for me not to return as a customer to LL. Here are a list of my complaints: 1.) The installers did not wear masks and laughed when I suggested putting them on. This was not a huge concern of mine. Otherwise, I would not have let them in my home. However, I do believe when travelling from home to home your installers should wear masks during the pandemic. 2.) They were here until well after 9:00pm installing the floors. They disturbed my neighbors with the cutting and hammering. I was told the installation would take no more than a day but clearly they should have left around dinner time to return the next day to finish.

3.) Without permission – they used my microwave and charged their cell phones in my bathroom. 4.) Prior to their arrival, we removed all furniture and items from their path to ensure they had access to install the flooring in the designated areas. The 2 installers rearranged my furniture placing dirty items on my new sectional so that they could have access to my dining room table to eat lunch. This was very rude. I found stains and scratches on my sofa after removing the items they placed on the section. 5.) They played loud music and sang loudly while working. This would not have been an issue if I was not a work from home employee. 6.) They blocked my neighbor in her garage by parking their van in her driveway without permission. (I found this out after they had left when she knocked on my door to explain).

7.) And the most pressing concern is my broken toilet – when removing the toilet to install flooring in the powder room, they disconnected the tank from the commode for some unknown reason. As they disassembled the toilet they broke the screws which was needed to reconnect the tank to the commode. Making matters worse the tank fell over leaving a huge blue stain (from the toilet bowl cleaner tabs) on my carpet. As instructed I hired a plumber to reconnect the toilet after the installation.

When Roto Rooter arrived the next day he said he was unable to reconnect the toilet because of the broken screw and that I needed a new toilet. Well you can imagine my feelings to hear this news. I was not prepared to purchase a brand new toilet. He was able to find a fairly reasonably priced toilet for $244.27 from the Home Depot but the entire cost to purchase and install the toilet was $774.27. I explained all of this to the owner of the company hired to install the floors - Sean Heverin of Alpha Designer Floors and he offered reimbursement for the expense of the new toilet. Well to my dismay he only sent a check for $244.27 and not the full $774.27 which included the cost of installation. I feel he should cover the entire expense since it was the negligence of his workers which forced me to purchase a new toilet. If it had not been for them I would not have needed to purchase a new toilet.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Updated on 03/26/2021: I have been going back and forth with Lumber Liquidators since last September and my flooring is delaminating all over the house, now I have paid for an inspection since Merilee from customer service told me I could “Get all my money back and they would even pay to have the flooring removed if it was found defective“. Of course that has not happened and the inspector found that my flooring was not manufactured correctly. Now Merilee has no recollection of what she said. I can’t get a call back and I spent 30 minutes on hold yesterday waiting to speak to her only to get nowhere and I am still waiting for an email regarding what she terms now a possible “store credit”!!

Original Review: I purchased Tobacco Road acacia from Lumber Liquidators now LL Flooring, 4 months ago I contacted customer device because the edge of some boards began peeling/delaminating and they told me it is not covered and it is caused by “moisture”. I asked what moisture? I have been using Bella floor cleaner that was sold to me at the Albany store. Almost 15k with installation and lasted less than 5 years, now the delaminating is occurring all over the house.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

We had 1800 square ft of laminate aquaseal floor installed in a new home we purchased. The floor has been in 3 weeks and there are chips and cracks everywhere. Our contractor shared with us that it is MDF and does not have any give. When he locks the two pieces together it buckled which creates more problems. My contractor has spoke with 4 different people and even though it says 100% warranty they are only willing to budge 50% of flooring costs at best. Not including the install. We spent $10k on a new floor and it looks terrible!! I am extremely angry and will not recommend them to anyone.

LL Flooring Company Information