4.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

2561 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Very friendly and informative good quality product and easy to use. Arrived when they said it would. Everybody really likes the floor. I guess that's about it, not sure what else I can say about it. Nice floor, easy to install, priced right, the salesmen were really good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought some hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and their store staff was great. I initiated the order online and when I went to pick it up, they were very helpful loading up the stuff. I installed the flooring myself and the quality of the flooring is okay. I had done other rooms with the same product so I knew what I was getting into. It was a good experience and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased Morning Star engineered bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. It’s a click-lock stuff in an oak finish and it’s my second purchase. I bought enough to do the floor but couldn’t do it because what came out of the box had way more of these two-foot pieces in it that I wasn’t able to utilize and not enough of the four-foot pieces. I had to go back and buy more, but they didn’t have more at the store in North Austin and I had to drive to South Austin to buy them. What they had down there were boxes and I saw only long pieces in it, and it was perfect.

I went in pretty much knowing what I wanted and Lumber Liquidators would sell you stuff by the box, by the square footage. They can be kind of interesting to deal with and the guys that sold it to me didn’t necessarily know what was going to come out of the box. Or that guy would’ve advised me to buy an extra 25% instead of buying an extra 10% because I was going to need at least that much. Maybe an extra 30% would have been more realistic. I took pictures of it and I had a stack of flooring about waist-high of these pieces. I bought the 240 square feet to do my living room with, but it wasn’t enough. I need to go back and try to buy more of the boxes that have nothing but the long pieces, and I’ll be able to use the rest of the short pieces.

It’s nice flooring and it was good for the price, and the second batch of stuff was actually a dollar a square foot less than the first flooring that I bought. I bought 13 boxes thinking it was enough and then I bought maybe 45% more than I expected to use. I installed the flooring myself and it’s a lot easier than tile. I didn’t know about the click-lock but I went in prepared to glue the stuff down. They said there’s new stuff I can use, and they then put underlayment underneath it so I get a little bit of cushioning as well. But it just locks together with no glue or nail so it helps with slabs perfectly, and it certainly does work and it’s a good application. I hear some people say that they don’t like the flooring and a couple of my sons-in-law had said that as well, but so far, it’s a lot nicer than carpet and way easier to keep up.

The sales guys were clueless which kind of surprised me as I thought they were more trained. Nevertheless, I would recommend Lumber Liquidators and I would tell people, “If you’re doing it yourself, it’s really hard. Talk to somebody that you know and trust them how to put the stuff down because you might not get that advice from the store. And then open the boxes.” That’s what I’m going to do when I go back. That way, I feel like I’ll get the stuff that I need, and I’ll be able to finish the installation. If I just get the long pieces, I’ll be able to utilize all the short pieces so there won’t be a waste after all.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Do yourself a favor and shop at a big box store like Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menards etc. for laminate flooring!!! My wife and I recently built a home and cut a deal with the builder where we did approximately 30+% of the work. One item in our scope was ALL of the flooring. We decided on laminate, and chose LL, for two reasons - (1) they had a color that was the closest to what we wanted and (2)** they said that they would PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY UNUSED PRODUCT. We were told by several store managers at several LL store locations that if we had product left over, we would be refunded our money as long as it wasn't damaged. Well folks I am here to tell you that is an OUT AND OUT "LIE"!!! After arguing with the store manager (in front of customers) for over an hour, the manager of the Newark Delaware location, contacted corporate LL, who in turn allowed for a "credit" of the product returned.

Come on guys - what in God's name are we going to do with a credit in hundred of dollars, now that we have built a brand new home!!! Give me a break...! Ohhh, I could list it on Craig's list or eBay and get pennies on the dollar. You would think with ALL OF THE BAD PUBLICITY that Lumber Liquidators received from the CDC regarding the risk of cancer from formaldehyde in flooring being three times higher than they originally thought due to off gases that LL would bend over backward, to save their name and reputation. Well I am here to tell you that is not the case. DO NOT BUY FLOORING FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS, IF YOU ARE HOPING TO RETURN ANY UNUSED PACKAGES!!

So much is this statement true that - we had much better luck at Floor and Decor on unused product that we returned to them for other floors in our home AND it was well after the 90-day period. I hope the CEO, CFO and others of corporate Lumber Liquidators see this message, I doubt however as you sit in your ivory towers, collecting your excessive salaries that you will do anything about this. MY HOPE however is that this post and several others I will make - will place a dent in your business, and have shoppers looking elsewhere for their flooring needs!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was surprised at the quality of the product, it was considerably lower that I had expected. The example in the store had very little variation. I expected more variation (which I got) but I did not expect as many knot holes, worm homes, un-sanded spots, shaved edges, and general blemishes. There ended up being a lot of waste, all and all, two whole boxes of unusable pieces. 2 stars for the builders pride butterscotch oak product. I cannot speak highly enough of the crew at lumber liquidators. The employees were knowledgeable, helpful, and overall great. Five stars for the employees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The recent transaction I had was to repair my floor that had been installed incorrectly. Unfortunately it was right after the warranty had expired. I was told that if it happens again they would have to replace most of the flooring at my expense even though the installer stated it was put in too tight.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

This was my fourth time purchasing from Lumber Liquidators and the service was good. But I don't like the hardwood flooring I bought. They have a space and it doesn't lock properly. The company should know this should be locking and there shouldn’t be some gaps there.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

The flooring we ordered for our foyer was fine, however arranging install through Lumber Liquidators was a mistake. No accountability for issues and poor follow up. Several weeks since the install and we still have issues that we can't have not been able to resolve. Biggest issue though was the quote increased dramatically after we had already signed and paid for it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We had carpet done but we always wanted wood flooring. So, when the carpet got flooded, we ripped it out and installed wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators ourselves. We had actually gone back to them a couple of times because we had flooding in our house which was a problem. But the product quality was very good and it was easy to work with, and the cost was good as well. Their sales rep was also very helpful, knowledgeable, professional and courteous. He demonstrated the scratching that it would stand up to and we were really impressed. They were a good company.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Engineered hardwood flooring - Natalie ** at the No Austin store gets a special mention. She went out of her way to help me. I saw her later that day for pick up and gave her a huge hug! She is a great employee. All other staff were very helpful at NO and SO stores. Thanks to all!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We just moved here about six months ago and there was brand new carpet in here when we moved in. Unfortunately, it was really an ugly color. I call it dirty gray. I'm a bright color person and it was like "Oh, blah." So, we had to make the home our own so that's why we purchased flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I bought some engineered bamboo flooring and it's awesome and beautiful. It's hard to keep clean because it's dark and I have two dogs but it's gorgeous.

The sales rep was a really efficient young man and helpful. We had one little problem, though. I brought some overage back and I was supposed to get a refund on my account but that never happened. And so then he took care of it. He said he called the main office to get a check to us. However, I haven't got that yet either. I suppose it'll take a while. If it doesn't, they will hear from me. But other than that, he helped me make a decision on it because I was like, "Hmm. I don't know. Oh gosh, I don't know." He's a good man. I hired somebody to do the installation. He said the product was fine. He took the baseboards off and put them back on, and that was a problem. But everything clicked into place and it was perfect. I would do it again with Lumber Liquidators. We didn't even have hardly any waste which is why we got to return a bunch.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

As a second time purchaser I didn't anticipate any problems with a return. But, I purchased two buckets of moisture barrier at $179 each on Oct 3, 2017 and since I live 3 plus hours away wasn't able to return them until Nov. 9, 2017. They had both clearly shown they were not opened!! I was told there is only a 30 day window for returns. So, since I was 6 days late on the return, you are going to lose a customer. After my kitchen is finished, I'm planning on doing the rest of my house. Which means you lost over $15,000.00 in future purchases because of 6 days late return and bad PR for anyone I share with my negative experience. Not a satisfied customer!!! The manager also implied the moisture barrier was expired so I was sold a product that had already reached the end of its life IF this was true!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had 1500 sq ft of floor installed in my house in 2014 and the floor began cupping almost immediately. I informed Jared ** and LL (even after being assured that the floor could be installed without a moisture barrier) and no resolution still after 3 years of nothing. LL has atrocious customer support with little to no accountability. No one to call and resolve issues. I tell everyone that asks not to use LL and save themselves misery. 3 years, $20k spent and my problem is still unresolved! Feel free to contact me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I purchased a threshold from Lumber Liquidators today while a couple of weeks ago, I got about 2,400 square feet of hardwood from them. Their sales reps were always friendly, relaxed, in a good mood and there to help us. I've just completed my whole house with Lumber Liquidators’ flooring and the quality has been top-notch. I installed it myself and it was fairly easy. I like the finish and color of the flooring, as well as the guarantee on it. Everything is good with this company and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We get the best help and advice at the Topeka store. The salespeople are never in a hurry when they help us and have the answers to all of your questions. We are happy to use their products on our custom homes and our show homes alike.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Over the years I have spent $THOUSANDS from LL. I bought 12 boxes of hardwood (Bellawood) in July because it was on sale. I just finished my flooring and had 2 extra unopened boxes that I wanted to return. I ordered extra because they strongly recommend ordering 10% extra. When I took the boxes to my Rancho Cordova, CA store, I was told I had the product too long and wouldn't return it. Even though they have the same product. Poor customer service!!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I placed an order via phone for the exact same bamboo I previously purchased. Unfortunately the customer service rep ordered me the click rather than nail down flooring. I PAID to have the shipment delivered and when my contractors arrived for the install they discovered it was the wrong stuff. I contacted customer service and was assigned a rep (Brandon) who, to this day hasn't bothered getting in touch with me. All I wanted was to have my delivery's charge and the cost to pick up covered. Fortunately my local store handled the exchange. Unfortunately, it cost me an additional $390 on top of what I paid initially to have the flooring delivered. Suffice it to say, next time I need flooring I will not buy it from Lumber Liquidators! And, honestly, Brandon is without a doubt the worst customer service representative ever!

Hello Debora,

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns. . It is important for us to know when service has failed to meet our customers' expectations. I will be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I bought Bella Tudor Brazilian Oak from store 075. We had searched everywhere, and the look and cost of this flooring fit our taste and budget perfectly. Javonni ** proved to be a personable and knowledgeable salesperson. Upon starting the flooring install, it was apparent that the job was going to be very difficult. Many pieces were warped, slightly different widths, slightly different heights, and the tongue and groove didn't fit snugly... All making it extremely challenging or impossible to get the pieces to lay down flat. Edges and corners poked up all over the place unless I carefully shimmed every piece. On top of this, a lot of material was completely unusable. I spent a whole month installing what should have taken a couple of weeks at most.

The service I received from the manager, Jon **, was a completely different story. I was tempted to return the whole order, but he was extremely helpful and flexible in allowing me to return unusable flooring in exchange for new boxes - this reassured me enough to continue. Even the new boxes I received contained more bad flooring, but that's not Jon's fault. Jon did everything within his power to satisfy my customer service needs, so I walk away a satisfied customer of Lumber Liquidators, and extremely dissatisfied with Bella Wood.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Our new floors look great! I was pleased with the quality of hardwood choices. The price was quite reasonable. I was amazed by how quickly the installation process was set up - and by the quality of workmanship by the group who showed up. They did exactly what they promised (and more). They cleaned up after themselves every day and were very professional with their communication all the way through.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

This was the worst experience ever. I’m still very unsatisfied with my flooring. I have three bedrooms that have mixed and matched tiles throughout the flooring and none of them match the original living room flooring I originally showed the store. They would only give me a store credit instead of issuing me a full refund and now I’m stuck with money I can’t use and flooring I hate.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have always known Lumber Liquidators to be a very reputable company. I was very pleased with my purchase of red oak raw wood flooring. However, in returning one bundle, during my travels back to the store, it rained and the bundle was surface-level wet. The clerk refused to take the bundle back after clearly seeing 99.8% was still dry. The water had only been present on the very top layer and that top layer was not even fully wet.

I'm very displeased with this policy. The clerk told me that it should have been wrapped. However it wasn't raining when I put it in my vehicle so why would I wrap it. Also they didn't wrap it when they placed it in my vehicle upon purchase so I'm very confused at this policy. Is it okay for them to give me product that's not wrapped at the risk of it being rained upon before I get it to my client’s home. If the fear of the material warping, as the clerk said is a real fear than quality control should have told them to wrap it upon purchase. I'm very confused and frustrated.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

No problems at all with the people working at the store - they did a fine job. The select-grade unfinished red oak however did not meet expectations - the bundles were also almost all short boards averaging about 20 inches in length - nothing much at all over 30 inches. Also the bundles were tagged select but stamped "common" on the wood. The guy said he would give me the price for common instead of select, which was a nice gesture but negligible price difference. I should have just cancelled the order once I saw the product, but I wasted a bunch of time hauling them home and then bringing them back to return. Found a much better quality product (including 4, 5, 6, 7-foot pieces) at slightly lower price at Lowe's.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Both locations were very friendly and helpful. Bought from both. College Park where I live and Waldorf closer to my home. Only issue was the amount of time to wait for them to put in my truck. Both times was fairly long. But in the showroom they were very very helpful. Both areas were extremely nice and helpful. Which is very important to me since I am a Disabled Veteran.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I ordered and received your product (Bellawood Prefinished Hardwood). Has some issues with some of the wood due to irregular widths. Called the number provided and received some replacement boxes without any delay. Also ordered the wrong floor vents and they were also replaced without any delay. The Professionals at the La Vergne TN office were most helpful.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I came in looking for 3/4 by 2 1/8 pre finished oak for the large loft of a house I am remodeling in Kensington. The staff was very professional and showed me my options. I was impressed that everyone there really knows their business. I chose the top of the line Bella Wood Select, and bought 30 cases of it. The staff gave me good advice on a underlayment (1/4" plywood) and instructions on how to acclimate the wood.

I picked up the wood and took it to the house a few days later. 7 days after that my flooring contractor Dale ** informed me that they were ready to go. Dale's installer Carlos arrived with a pile of tools and set to work on a Monday afternoon. By Thursday afternoon, all 520 square feet was in, and looking beautiful. I am so impressed with the instant floor, which has really upgraded the loft of the house. Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The quality of the flooring is fantastic, the cost cannot be beat. I am a return customer and highly recommend Lumber Liquidators. The salespeople have helped me do color match and find ways to save on costs and remind me of any needed materials. The employees are very knowledgeable.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We purchased flooring in 2007, and loved it. It got water damaged approx 4 was ago. Our flooring is no longer made, we were told, "Sorry nothing we can do." We will have to replace entire floor. I would think if they really want business, they would offer discount on new floor

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We have bought a bamboo floor for Lumber Liquidators and we need some extra boxes to repair some. Product was discontinued and Miami store had 3 boxes. While in the store in Rock Hill, SC we were told shipping would be around $30.00 a box, but once we called Miami we were told shipping would be more than $250.00. According to them because the company they use is expensive because they protect the product good enough that all boxes would ok when we will get them. That wasn't the reality. A WHOLE BOX WAS DEFECTIVE not even one piece was ok. No secured coverage. So now we will meet with the contractor that is doing the job and cross our fingers hoping we will have enough for the place we need to replace.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We were very pleased with the wide range of flooring and knowledge of employees when we went into the store to pick out floors for our home. We went in several time times before we were able to choose and the staff was patient, helpful and knowledgeable. Have highly recommend to anyone looking for flooring especially from hurricane Harvey damage.

Hello Frances,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are so excited to hear about the wonderful service you received from our staff. Lumber Liquidators strive to provide customers with the best product knowledge and service they deserve. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Just finished installing new wide plank oak floor in kitchen. It looked so good when we were finished we decided to install same product in family room. We knew the flooring we bought was a discontinued color but your crew in Shrewsbury MA store found me enough of the same color in another store and had it shipped to my house at a great price. Very happy.

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Lumber Liquidators. We strive to provide the best customer experience and your positive feedback will allow us to continue providing stellar service.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information