toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The staff at the Champaign, IL store were very helpful in helping us pick out the type of flooring we wanted to use for our kitchen, hallway, and half bath. The flooring looks great. We had to return one box of flooring, as we had excess flooring that we did not need/use. The staff very helpful in our returning the unopened box.

We had a wonderful experience with Lumber Liquidators. From the initial contact with the extremely informative sales team, to the expert installation crew, we couldn't be happier with the process and result! (And they even completed the job earlier than promised!)

I ordered wood flooring for my family room, it's beautiful. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators to all my friends. They were the only ones who could tell me what kind of wood that was in my kitchen to match it up to my family room.

I was happy with the interactions I had with customer service getting the product ordered. I was satisfied with pick up at the store, too. So far so good. Putting the floor down will be in February after sub-floor prep is done.

Bought 600 sf of the solid bamboo click floor... It is so easy to install. Looks great too, seams are tight, so far no defects and the color is consistent across the boxes. The whole experience from sales, purchase, to delivery has been exceptional. Normal price is 2.79 sf, the floor is well worth 4.00 sf.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

The Bolingbrook location has a very professional staff. Store has a nice display and clean. However, the product that I purchased I am very, very dissatisfied with! Very poor quality. I purchased 3300sq worth of wood flooring. The finish scratches very easy and is very soft! Our installers even said the wood is no good! We had a lot of waste because boards were not straight or damaged! Over very unhappy with product!

Bamboo Flooring - We were very pleased with the customer service and the sample flooring that you had on displayed because it gave us a great idea what the floor would look and feel like. Ordering was easy and efficient and they kept in contact with us through the whole process. One bad thing was that we got too many nails to start with and we were giving two different types of nails (16ga and 18ga) that we had to take back before using. Other than that we were very happy and would recommend Lumber Liquidators to other people.

The product is amazing, we love it. Our only problems were, the guy that came out to do the measuring messed up and we had to go back to the store to get more flooring. Therefore the installation took a lot longer than it should have because we had to wait for the additional flooring to come in and then wait for it to climatize (2 weeks). And the installers tried to rush through the job and did not randomize the colors so we had a room that was half really dark. After a long talk with the supervisor the installers fixed the dark section of flooring in the one room. And then I had to fix a few pieces in the closets because the base boards did not cover the gaps.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I started buying from the Norwalk Lumber Liquidators store two years ago. I buy for some customers and also for my home. For sure I've already spent $10,000 over there. When someone asks me where I get the flooring, I always say the Norwalk store. I’m always sending my friend or my customers there. Their sales reps help all the time when I'm in the store. They know everything about the products and the quality of the floors is really good. I would like to buy the cheapest always but I know if I want to have the good quality, I have to pay for it.

Excellent product. The floor looks great and our installer says the quality is excellent. The staff at the Columbia MO store are top notch and are very helpful. Forgot to get stair nose piece so called the store and placed the order to be delivered to the house.

I was impressed with the customer service. I do have one problem. I sent an e-mail last week asking how long do I have to return 2 unused boxes of flooring. I have not received a reply. I would like to know how long I have to return the unused boxes. I can't find my order number. My delivery document is **, BW Maple 3/4x2 - 1/4", 21 boxes, Car # 1,211.71 lb.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're constantly renovating and we've made several purchases at Lumber Liquidators over the course of many years. We've always been happy with what we purchased. They offer a good value for the products that they sell. Their sales rep has helped us over many visits where I was shopping for either deals or interesting products. They're always pleasant, very honest, and don't mind answering questions, so I appreciate that. They're also friendly, cooperative, and confident. I would recommend them.

Salesman was knowledgeable and helpful. The flooring we bought was as odd lot closeout special of Maple Bellawood. There were damaged pieces but the closeout was an excellent price and we bought more than needed because of the good price. We did it ourselves with no real experience in this type of floors. It fit and cut well. It looks great on the first room. Will take a break before doing the second room.

I was so glad to have found this store after my flooring order fell through at another store. The flooring was the wrong size and I was pressed for time. I got excellent advice, service and help from the sales guy. I forget his name. I got the new engineered bamboo flooring. It is tough and the adhesive is very good. My contractor wished he knew about it before he did his own flooring. It costs more but so worth it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to match up some old flooring when I added a little section and I was able to get a pretty good match at Lumber Liquidators. Everything went smoothly with them. They helped me pick it out and a week later, I have the flooring which I am satisfied with. I had a good experience and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Although I am satisfied with the price of the flooring, the Longmont Store manager overcharged us sales tax. When I made this purchase in November, I gave him a copy of the building permit which states that I do not have to pay local sales tax and he promised me he would resolve this with the HQ office and refund the overcharge. I called him several times to remind him and he said he was "working on it". He now no longer works for L.L. To make matters worse, another employee, Tony, tried to convince me that I had only been charged FEDERAL tax. Of course, I told Tony there is no such thing as a federal sales tax and made him give me the number of the Customer Service staff to resolve this. Tonya was very helpful on the phone.

Factual basis uncertain

I bought and paid for 58.5 sq. feet of SELECT red oak 3/4 X 2 1/4" flooring. When I got home I noticed it said Common #2 on the labels at the end of each bundle. So I went back to the store to show them the mistake. Other than giving me the difference in price refund I received no apology at all. I got the strong feeling the product switch was intentional.

My floor looks great and my wife was super happy with her Christmas present! My 14 year old son turned into a champ floor nailer, and he pretty much finished the thing all by himself. It's easy to clean, and its a huge improvement from that crappy linoleum floor. I'll be back when I have enough money to move into the living room with more hardwood.

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered some flooring May 24, 2015. I paid the amount I was told by the Sales Associate to pay. The Sales Associate checked and re-checked my order to make sure all was correct. I left the store content with my purchase. A few minutes later the Sales Associate called to tell me that she made an error and that they will charge my credit card an additional amount. Well, you guess it, I was not happy about this experience. I had no choice, but to concede and have her charge my credit card the extra dollar amount. If Lumber Liquidators made a final sale and allowed me to leave the store, they should honor the contractual price and not call me back requesting additional money. Now, do I, as customer, have any recourse, I ask myself?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've purchased from Lumber Liquidators six years ago and recently, I bought 614 square foot of Bellawood, the 100-year guarantee hardwood, three quarter inch oak. Their sales reps have been helpful and knowledgeable. They told me the difference between some of the different products so I was happy with the way everything went. The salesman gave the rate and helped me go through the two products that I had picked out and told me which one was the better deal. The whole process went smoothly. I would need help to get online and register the warranty on it, but other than that, I'm very happy with it.

The stuff I bought has excellent quality and I bought it on sale, so it was a good buy. And out of all that I had there, I had only six running feet of wood that I couldn’t use because it had a couple of cracks, so I’m not complaining about it. The store I bought it from was quite a ways away, but when I returned the two cases that I didn’t use, they took it at the store closer to the house, so I didn’t have to go all the way out there. They worked with me pretty well. One of my nephews installed it for a closet and a 24 x 26 foot living room and it went down very easily. I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a product from Lumber Liquidators last year and I did majority of my house. This year I decided to extend it to a couple of other rooms so I went back there. I wasn’t expecting it was going to be a different color because it was going to be a different dye lot from what I bought last year. It was the same product but when I bought the six boxes I needed, and took them home, they were garbage. Half of them weren’t sprayed properly and weren't even the color. The texture was wrong like they weren’t even the same finish. My team that came in and opened up a box and couldn’t do anything. They had to leave and come back another day.

I called Lumber Liquidators and they came back. I had two guys open up box by box so we could go through this product to find what I could use. I still have another room and this weekend I’m going back there and they’re going to go through it with me, hopefully, so I can go through the pallet that they have and pick out ten more boxes that I need because I’m thinking down the road I’m going to have a problem getting this product again when I do my next renovation. Overall I was satisfied with Lumber Liquidators but their head office needs to deal with the company that they’re getting the supply from.

I purchased 900 sqft of New England pine through the customer service sales number and spoke with Hayley. I asked the difference in cost to have it delivered to my house. Hayley told me my flooring was in Bellevue (3.5 hours away from my location). It cost $260 to have it delivered and I also had to do a direct deposit through my checking account to pay for all of the material 100% up front.

I asked Hayley when my material would be delivered. She said she would have a firm date as soon as the order went through. My order went through. I had no delivery date. I emailed Hayley. Didn't hear back. 2 days go by she emails me a tracking number for some carrier. I track it for two days. It just says "in transit." I was told Through email that it should arrive by the end of the week as it's shipping on Tuesday. It's been a full week now. My flooring hasn't showed up. Homeowner isn't happy about the delay and neither am I. When I explained this to Hayley she told me my material was in transit. After emails and phone conversations Hayley calls me to inform me they sent my material from WA to OR to send it back to WA again.

I was told my material would be here by now. I am still waiting. Lumber Liquidators just handed off the delivery to someone else and now they have no responsibility over it apparently. Meanwhile my account was charged $2,000 instantly. It's amazing I spent $260 to have it shipped to Oregon. I wonder how much it would of cost to have it shipped to my house... 3.5 hours via highway from the department store where it was. As a general contractor this was my first time dealing with lumber liquidators. I will not order through them again just given the fact that they have no care to help now that they've placed my material on a third party delivery truck. I was told by Hayley delivery wouldn't be a problem which is why I did it. Terrible way of operating.

I use the Hampton store for 90% of our flooring projects. Staff is excellent, knowledgeable and respectful. My time is valuable and limited and they are considerate of that and move me from order to receipt very quickly. Pricing and selection for the budget is unmatched. They (Lumber Liquidators) my number one supplier for both commercial and residential projects.

Factual basis uncertain

Tried to buy flooring and check was not accepted despite having over $60000 in account. Was a humiliating experience and I have never had a check turned down. Will never return. I did purchase $2400 in flooring from Southeastern Salvage.

My experience at LL was excellent. Matt was very knowledgeable and accommodating. I purchase the click together carbonized bamboo flooring. It turned out beautiful. The only issue I had and it was no big deal was that the transition pieces both had noticeable flaws and I had to return them to get new ones. Other than that the experience was terrific. I would highly recommend LL. Their prices are great and the selection huge. Everyone is friendly and helpful. 10 out of 10 rating.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Lumber Liquidators, talked to two people there, purchased Gunstock Oak hardwood floors for my house, and made arrangements for my contractor to pick them up. It's cheaper at Lumber Liquidators than some of the other places around here. I got the 99-cent laminate there before but it wasn't good. It bubbled and warped when I put it down. My recent experience was good, though and my contractor installed the flooring.

Service at the store was good. But the installation service I purchased from Lumber Liquidators was poor. They installed a portion of my bedroom incorrectly. After hesitation, they agreed to come back out and repair the section of the hardwood. However, they asked me to go get material for them to do the repair and then left the job incomplete by not finishing the baseboard. The installers asked me to finish caulking the baseboard by myself. I found this unprofessional to ask a customer to finish a job I paid a premium to have done. I paid for the hardwood and baseboard installation.

This was well priced flooring that was easy to install. It's even toned and simply, a beautiful flooring. Lumber Liquidators Rep: Deborah ** was amazing to work with. She sent me many samples and worked with me to get the ideal flooring. We are very happy with this floor. We also purchased Corelux vinyl for the basement. That too turned out great.

The service was good and everyone was helpful and letting us know which wood is good to buy. The sales persons were very well aware of what materials they have in hand and how soon they can get it shipped if they are out of stock.

Everything went smoothly from day one until finish. All the sales people were very helpful and kept me up to date with phone calls. Installers were very quick and neat. I'm very happy with my floors and would recommend using the Brooklyn Lumber Liquidators and their installer Anthony. Thank you.

Lumber Liquidators Company Profile