Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

4.6/5 (291 ratings)

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Pros

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

Top LL Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Verified

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up t...

Verified

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock....

What is Lumber Liquidators (now LL Flooring)?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
  • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
  • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
  • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

LL Flooring installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

LL Flooring FAQ

How much does LL Flooring charge for installation?
LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
Does LL Flooring use formaldehyde?
LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
Is LL Flooring good quality?
LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
Is LL Flooring safe?
LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is LL Flooring good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, LL Flooring showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I went to several different places and looked around. I always seemed to end up back at LL Flooring. It was a feel-good thing and I got a good price. I just happened to hit it right where the particular thing that I liked was on sale. I was impressed with the savings coupled with the pleasant environment and the willingness to help me achieve my goal in a certain area. Everything was put together very well. The quality is there in the wood too.

LL Flooring has a wide selection of all different kinds of flooring, depending on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. It'll fill anybody's taste for floors. What I like about the people there is they have the knowledge of the types of different floorings and they are able to explain the pros and cons. That helps people to decide what material they want to use for a particular room. It just all came together. I changed my mind about the coloring that I wanted to use. I'm glad that I waited as long as I did. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have the floor I have to put in.

We have a property that we're renovating and in the final phase, I wanted to put the wood floor in a particular area last because it was gonna be a heavy traffic area. The wood is on the kitchen tile and it's right next to the living room and master bedroom floor that it's gonna go down on. When the crew comes back in, we're gonna put the floor in, we're going to put the backsplash in the kitchen in, and install the rest of the appliances.

If somebody asked me, "Where's a good place to go to get wood flooring?" I would say, "Go to LL Flooring. Check out all the other places too." If you go to a company that specializes in what you're looking for and you need assistance down the road, any of the other places that don't just specialize in this are really not gonna be able to help you in the same way. That was the experience I gathered when I was comparing wood flooring from different places. If you go to the store and talk with people there and explain what you're trying to do, they're going to point you in the right direction and help you select color schemes. They can pick out colors. I just enjoyed it.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2022

LL Flooring won out on my cost comparison. And then the installation cost that was quoted was fantastic compared to everyone else. I love my new flooring. I should have done it years ago. I had no idea it would be this easy. And the product itself is beautiful. LL Flooring was the only company that we found that had the color and style of floor that was in our dream of when we start remodeling the house. And now having it installed on the floor, it completely changed the energy of the house. We wake up every morning and walk into our huge kitchen, living, dining room and we would be amazed.

Their customer service, they're killing it. The whole process from start to finish, even like calling just to find out, "Okay, what would be the best way to do this? Should we come in? Should we look at this first? Should I look online?" And picking up the product from the store, I opted to transport it in my own vehicle. The gentleman who was running the store that day, who operated the forklift to load me up, was top-notch. Heads and shoulders above all the rest. And that's a huge compliment because I'm not super impressed with the people of Utah. It felt like for me an out-of-state experience because of the level of kindness and the attention to detail.

The guy that came out to do the measurements was Tyler. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. He answered every question that we had. And we had many because it was my husband, myself and my dad. He took digital measurements of everything, which I had no idea was even a capability. And the quantity of product that was ordered and all of the supplies were 100% utilized. The two gentlemen he sent over to actually do the install, his crew, were wonderful. They were prompt and quick.

Usually, you have strangers in the house doing things you feel a level of, "Oh, it's kind of weird." But those guys were so nice and thorough, and all throughout the project if there was something that came up or they had a question they wanted to verify how we wanted something before they did it. I was blown away and impressed. Because to me, a couple of men on the job site, "Hey, do this task," they're just going to do it and consequences be damned. But I would hire them again in a heartbeat for any work in my house.

Original review: June 4, 2022

We were pleased from the very first day that we went to visit with LL Flooring. I've been doing business for 40 some odd years and I have never experienced such professionalism from A to Z. From the moment we met the girl to the delivery, on time, to the guy who came to do the measurements. He was very professional and he measured everything. Then we got the delivery and it was on time. A nice gentleman came here. On the day of the installation, I was freaking out because I was worried about how they were gonna do it. The two gentlemen who came here were both Brazilian and I spoke to them in my broken Spanish. We got through with the Portuguese and the Spanish. They showed up in the morning and they were done at 3:30 in the afternoon, and cleaned up. We've had the carpeting down for over 25 years. So, we pulled it all up in the hallway, the living room and the dining room. And they were completely done.

My wife is not the most decisive person in the world so the girl gave her panels to take home. Then, she got it down to three and went back a second time. My wife couldn't make up her mind and the girl was very sweet and absolutely wonderful. So, the sales person was great. She was very understanding and came back quickly whenever we needed an answer. On our installation, they tested and would charged if there was lead but they just deducted it off the bill because there was no lead in the molding. If everything went as smooth as this, I would have no complaints. But of course, that's another world. It was excellent. We love the floor and my wife is thrilled. She had to shop for a dining room set, and now, she's getting carpet, a little area rug and then vertical blinds. But this is not over in a long shot.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

A friend of ours in the neighborhood bought flooring from LL Flooring and said that the price was really good. I found a flooring online and I really liked the color of it. LL Flooring carried that so we went over and looked at samples. We were delighted to find that the vinyl flooring was marked down so we ordered it that day. It's a new product that's made in Germany. It's called Duravana seven-millimeter hybrid resilient flooring. We were really worried that it would take forever to get our product. But they delivered the product in four weeks. The ordering and the delivery of our flooring and everything that went with it went off without a hitch.

We had the product for quite a while before installers were able to come and install it. We didn't hear back and we kept calling but the mailbox was full. A supervisor got in contact with us and we found out that one of the workers got COVID. They had to completely close the shop down. My husband drove all the way over to Salinas and it said "Closed for cleaning." That put them two weeks behind. All of our bedroom furniture had been in our living room for a month.

About 25 years ago, we had Wilsonart laminate put in our family room, dining room, kitchen, and hallway. When they came out to install that, there were five guys and did the work in one day. We were surprised that it was just one guy who came for the installation from LL Flooring. He worked all day in the rain and got most of the floor installed. He waited until noon on Tuesday to come back to make sure that it wasn't going to be raining then finished up. On Wednesday, he came back and was only here for a couple of hours to do a little bit of trim work.

We walk to the bedroom and the man wasn't there anymore. The floor was done and he was gone. That surprised us because usually with all the other installers years ago had us sign off. Other than that, the man did a great job. The work was done a week and a half before Christmas. My new floor was in and we moved our bedroom in. That was our Christmas present. We love it so far and we've been really happy.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I was looking for some floors to be put down. We wanted a handy person to come in and do them. They never responded. I was looking at a competitor and I couldn't find what I wanted there. My sister told me to look at Lumber Liquidators and so I did. I had a selection there and it was hands down. There was a free estimate and I signed up for that.

The guy came in to our home. I was at work but my mother was there. She put me on speakerphone. She measured the square foot and told the guy that was what we needed. He said that we would receive a call. I got a call and talked to the guy on the Boulevard. He said that we could talk about financing, go over the whole nine yards, and so we made an appointment. My mom and I went in. The price was incredible. He said, “This is what we're doing. This is what I'm going to send you. This is the timeframe.”

They got back in touch with me within four days. I had everything delivered on time from the moldings to the floor. Because of the holidays, I thought I would not get my floors done until after January. The woman called me and said that they had a cancellation and my best bet was to take this opportunity. It was the day before Christmas Eve and I agreed. She said they would come between 8:00 and 10:00 and the two guys were here by 8:30. They did the closet and put some moldings inside there. They lifted up the stove and the refrigerator. They took them all back. They threw the cleaning products in there. I got off work at three o'clock and they were done and gone. They cleaned up everything and left a few boxes.

It was a flawless finish. I have shown my coworkers everything and they love it. The floors are incredible. Like my mom, we wanted them to stand in it but she didn't want to leave and they're staying with a polyurethane. I was very satisfied with all of it. I wish I had more money so I can get my whole house done. Since they left a few boxes, I'm thinking of buying a couple more then having my bedroom done. I'll have my basement done next year and I'm going to be calling LL again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

We looked online and we found what we wanted. I went in there again today and got the thresholds for it. They won't be here until Monday but we've already started putting the flooring in. I love the quality and so does my wife. Get their products. It's good.

Ronald,

Thank you for writing a review for us. We strive to provide our customers with a great experience. Please keep us in mind for your next project.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

We had a floor that we got from LL Flooring previously and I had a little bit of it left, which was why we went back to them. And they tend to have the best prices. The flooring we had was discontinued but they went out of their way to find a supplier. One of their stores in New York had enough for what we needed and it worked perfectly. It was a CoreLuxe and we liked it. It's durable and great. It's the right way to go. Everybody that I dealt with at LL Flooring was top-notch. Every employee that I came in contact with was friendly and helpful, and that makes a big difference. Customer service is a big issue with me and theirs was very good.

Randy,

Thank you for taking the tie to write a review. We strive to provide our customers the best possible experience when working with us. Please keep us in mind for your next project, big or small we are here to assist.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I am particularly reviewing Store 395 in Coral Springs FL and particularly the General Mgr, William. We lived in FL when we decided to move to SC and build our retirement home. We were looking for land and started shopping for our finishing materials while we waited out the obstacles including the pandemic. We found the perfect flooring for the entire house, William advised us how to make sure we got what we wanted when we would need it, and at the sale price and we promised to stay in touch as we progressed toward needing the goods. That was 10/21.

William would email me and I would give him the "new" possible ship date, but that date kept getting extended as we ran into obstacle after obstacle. William was jumping through hoops, too, trying to make sure the flooring we wanted was in stock and ready when we were. He succeeded in spades. Today, a week short of 10/22, I paid for and ordered our floor per the original invoice!! Thanks for your expertise, tremendous help, and patience, William! I hope LL continues to hire the best and continues to expect the best from their employees and management teams.

Penny,

We are so happy to hear that you had a good experience with the store. We strive to provide a great customer experience and appreciate you taking the time to write the review your interaction.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Do not use this company. They do a great job of selling you the flooring and telling you they have the best installers in Omaha but don’t listen. Just go somewhere else and save yourself the hassle. We purchased flooring from this company, paid for concrete grinding and floor leveling along with the flooring installation. They require 100% of the payment upfront before they start. That should be a red flag number one. Then we had to wait weeks for this expert installer that is the best in Omaha. They show up the first day of work and the expert installer is not there and there’s two gentlemen we’ve never seen before. Red flag number two. An hour into the work they say they can’t complete the job and to call the manager at the store. The manager then says we need to hire someone to fix the flooring so they can complete the job that we have actually already paid them to do which is concrete grinding and leveling.

Come to find out if you’re paying for concrete grinding and leveling you’re getting literally next to nothing. Their idea of concrete grinding is a light sanding of the floor and the leveling is almost nonexistent as well. We do understand with Construction sometimes things come up so we asked the manager for some sort of direction on who to call to proceed with getting the proper repairs done the way they requested it so they can lay the floor. The manager was an absolutely no help. He said, "I don’t know. Check Google" and was extremely condescending and dismissive. It just escalated from there. Every question we asked about the contract was not answered. He didn’t even open his mouth but to say, "Call customer care." The level of professionalism and help offered to the customer was literally nonexistent.

If you ask my opinion In the span of only 10 days we had done everything they asked and had the job ready for the installer exactly the way that he requested. With no notice whatsoever we were sent a receipt with no call, no email and no explanation that they were canceling the job and said that they could not complete the install. Well now we’re really disappointed. They still have not given us an explanation at all of why they canceled the job and it has been a few weeks since we were supposed to be completed. We are now left with a pile of flooring with no installer and if we don’t have their installer install our flooring we lose the one year warranty. We have now wasted about three months with this company and have done everything they’ve asked just to have them cancel.

Not only have they made this inconvenient for us but multiple other contractors as well as we have had to have people push things back and move things around just to accommodate to help us out to get things prepared for LL to install the floor. There is a slew of other contractors that I would highly recommend contacting rather than LL Flooring. Anyone who knows my husband and myself know we are very straightforward and honest people. We own businesses as well and understand how important customer services is so if that’s important to you this is not a place that you ever want to visit.

When I finally got to speak with a manager out of Virginia (today) and I asked him why they canceled the job he said, "We don’t need to give you a reason. We were just told they can’t complete the job." We have gotten nothing but the runaround from everyone in the store here in Omaha to customer care to regional managers. It’s not even worth the extra time and effort. Just don’t go here. LL Flooring would do Omaha a favor by closing their doors. They have an F rating with the BBB and have hundreds of unresolved complaints because they don’t respond to their complaints. 300 to 400 complaints is a lot. If you find yourself in Omaha Nebraska in this kind of situation with LL Flooring call these phone numbers below.

402-444-5350
    402-471-2239
    1-800-727-6432

1-855-411-2372

They will offer lots of help. I would recommend re-posting this anywhere you can. There looks like there’s been a lot of people affected by this company in a really negative way. Good luck everyone.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They were helpful and low-pressure. They gave us free samples to take home and they were very helpful with those samples. I got cork flooring because of the soft surface and the thermal advantages of cork. We have contracted someone from Lumber Liquidators to install it.

LL Flooring response

Dave, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We strive to provide our customers a great experience. Remember to keep us in mind for your next project.

LL Flooring Company Information