Call toll free
4.12/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3477 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased and installed a vinyl floor in October 2018. Floor came apart at the seam lengthwise in a few planks. Tried contacting the store I bought from in Freeport NY. Got the runaround. Made a claim with their corporate. Was told that a gap of less than a dime size is normal and was told to get a humidifier and they won't even send someone to inspect it. Emailed me some nonsense tips in a file I can't even open up. Rep Celena handling the case is saying the humidity is too high. It's a waterproof vinyl floor. Will be consulting a attorney.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

When you walk on one section of the hardwood floor it leaves foot prints and it doesn't matter if you are wearing shoes, socks or barefoot. So, on Feb 24th I sent an email regarding the complaint with my hardwood floor. I received an email back asking for the phone number related to the complaint although I had included the order number and customer number along with my name and address. I replied to that email on Feb 25th to a customer service rep named Emily. I heard nothing back so on March 7th I sent a follow up email, we even called her direct line and left a message. Still no response. I sent another email to her on March 30th. It is now April 17th and still no response. If this is how they handle complaints, I would suggest never buying anything from them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I went to LL because I was looking to have hardwood floors installed at a lower price than quoted by other companies. I picked a product that was $2.50 sq less than that product quoted by the other companies. With the risers and stair treads being cheaper also I thought I would be saving money on this project. That was not the case.

After paying for an home visit and measurement, which is free with all other companies, I find that LL has enormous charges for labor and delivery which far offset the savings in material. The delivery charge was outrageous > $300.00. I was told the flooring had to go to the 2nd floor for curing because of the "temperature difference". Since my house is my house is air conditioned that was ridiculous but I was being charged for the 2nd story storage. All of the labor and sundry charges put this job over the top and there was no savings in buying flooring at a reduced rate. I see this company as a bait and switch. A DIYer can buy flooring cheaper elsewhere and there are quality installers who charge less than LL.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchased the flooring almost three years ago and had Liquidators install the flooring. I followed all the instructions. I had the flooring in my home for two prior to get used to the humidity in the house. I even had a humidifier installed on the furnace as they said that would help. Now I have two area where there is a gap between the boards. I need it fixed and when I called I got the runaround. I was supposed to get an email with a form to complete and I haven't received that. I even told the person I talked to that I needed it right away and was assured that I would have it. If this is how LL is going treat problems I will never recommend LL to anyone nor will I ever use LL. I'm selling my home and time is important. So unless this get resolved in the next week. I'm done with this company!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

We went to the Lumber Liquidators in Windsor Ontario. The installer (one person) showed up two days after he was suppose to and without the proper tools to do the job. He took 5 days to install in a 12x24 room. The floor was not installed properly. The floor is uneven, nails are coming back up through the flooring and in other places the floor boards are splitting.

After a lot of phone calls and emails they sent someone out, who cut some of the boards out and removed the underlay to glue the boards in place. We paid for the best underlay that they offered for sound reduction. The problems are continuing and we are finding more splits and nails and uneven flooring. Took a while because it's in out of the way places close to walls and not in walking areas. We have been in contact with the local store and head office. We have sent pictures of the problems because they won't come and look for themselves. We are still not receiving any help or correspondence. The best the local company offered was, "We might be able to come assess the situation in maybe two to three weeks".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I bought my flooring a week before the project was scheduled to begin installing. I gave them the dimensions and selected the flooring I wanted. I paid up front and everything seemed to be good to go. I returned a week later to pick up my flooring only to find out it wasn't even in stock. After much ado I was finally contacted the following week and told my flooring was in stock. I swung by and picked it up. Because of scheduling the project was now a week behind and wouldn't be started for at least another week.

I just finished installing the flooring yesterday and before I even got to the end I realized I didn't have enough flooring. This is unacceptable. I had originally calculated it on their site and it said 14 boxes were needed. In store the salesman was adamant that it was only going to take 12. Now I need to shell out another $110 to complete the floor when we already shifted the budget into other necessities for the room. This is a nightmare. I now have an unfinished floor sitting there with a garage full of stuff that needs to go in the room.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My original order went just fine. I returned to purchase stair trends. I was promised a delivery date and that date came and went. I had to initiate communication with the store vs them reaching out to me. Since I have that flooring in my home, I need to finish with that flooring, so I returned to the store to purchase the remaining flooring for the second story. I was told it would be delivered to their store on a date, but did not receive confirmation, via email, until after that date. Since I was unable to pick it up for a couple days, I returned to the store within a couple days of that confirmation to find out it was sold. My order, which I already paid for, was sold and they did not have any to give me. I can go on. You get what you pay for I guess. The flooring is reasonable but expect delays and poor communication. I made 3 orders with this company and 2 of the 3 had delivery issues coupled with poor communication.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2019

I went to Lumber Liquidators and bought over 900 sq ft of flooring. When I ordered the salesman informed me they would have to order the quarter round and vent registers. I ordered on a Friday and salesman's said it will be delivered the next week. I line my flooring guys up for the weekend. On Thursday I hadn't received the order. Upon checking the tracking # it was not shipped out till Wednesday 4 days later and it will not arrive till the following Monday. That means extra trip for flooring guys which means added cost for me. I called customer care and got absolutely nowhere. No one could give me a answer. Frustrated!!!

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: April 4, 2019

I recently purchased engineered hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I was just browsing and walked in. It was pretty good dealing with the sales representatives there. The overall quality of the flooring that I purchased is pretty good. I installed it myself and it was very easy to work with.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had mixed feelings about having Lumber to do my flooring due the reviews I read before. My experience with them was great. The people who did the installation were so patient and kind. I had bamboo installed throughout my condo last February and it looks beautiful. I had some supplies left which I returned without any problems and got credits for it. I definitely recommend to anybody without a doubt.

Original review: April 1, 2019

They make it impossible for you to get anyone to come out and inspect the damage. They want you to download a warranty disclosure form. Send them pictures of the damage via of USPS/ I put a claim in last year. They finally had someone to look at the warping and agreed to replace. I got an email stating that, "Your flooring is at the store. Come pick it up." So I emailed them and told them that I am a Leg amputee in a wheelchair. Why can't they deliver it like they did when I purchased it.

Tried to reply to email several times about my disability and when I replied it went to MAIL DAEMON. NEVER GOT THE FLOORING. This company does not stand by their products at all. The whole warping of the floor took 3 days. When there was 1" gaps at the front door I called the installer. He came out and fixed the front door area. I asked him to look at the backroom flooring. He said, "What the hell happened here?" He stated it was bad flooring that should have never happened. Now I'm trying to get someone from the company to come out and look at my living room floor. It has a 1" gap running about 6 ft long. And fix the front door area again. THEY STATE THERE IS A 50 YR WARRANTY. Now I am in a class action lawsuit with LUMBER LIQUIDATORS. BEWARE.

Hello John Flemming,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you 1-2 business days.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I went to the store nearest to me. I looked at all their selections. I was leaning more to solid wood rather than manufactured. I selected Australian Cypress. This is really pretty wood. Initially, I was surprised that the quoted flooring price did not include installation. We did a little trading on what I would do and what the installer would do. The installers showed up and got right to work. They were meticulous to detail. The job was done 4 1/2 hours later and I am absolutely happy. Ask for the Ukrainians. Lots of experience and did not even take a break. They cleaned up and left me slobbering. Steve.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We purchased engineered bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Barrie Ontario in March and it was delivered in October. After a few weeks of acclimating the floor to the new house the floor was installed by one of Lumber Liquidators' installers (we hired him directly). Shortly after moving into our custom built new home at the end of November, the floor started to make crackling sounds when walked on. Lumber liquidators warranty department sent out an inspector who blamed the issue on “tight baseboards”.

When we tried to explain to Lumber Liquidators that our baseboards were installed raised and the floor was then installed with space to expand and the chair mold was laid just above the floor to cover the gap. Their response was to tell us to seek legal counsel and that they stood by the inspector's report. Ironically the inspector never asked or checked on how the baseboards were installed he just looked at them. So now we face an expensive lawsuit, or just have to replace the 2500 square feet of bamboo flooring in our brand new house. NEVER NEVER buy flooring from Lumber Liquidators!

Mr. Drektraan,

Original review: March 29, 2019

We had a good experience with Lumber Liquidators. We had shopped from them in years past for other projects, and we were very pleased with the product that we found, the price, and the help. We had the flooring installed and we are happy with its quality. Also, the manager at the location that we were shopping was very good.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I spent 25k$ on hardwood flooring that got installed. This was the worst product I've seen. My floor has gaps in it everywhere due to the boards all not being 5". Some were as much as a 1/4 inch smaller on top of that 80% of the boxes were 1 ft or smaller pieces that makes it look terrible. Called customer service. They said there's nothing they can do. My installer should have measured every piece before he put it in. I asked, "Why didn't your manufacturer measure every piece before you boxed it." I would not buy anything from this store again.

Hello Christine,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you in 1-2 business days.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 28, 2019

Got a quote for installing hardwood that was pretty much well beyond any other estimate I got (double), not to mention delivered well beyond when it was expected - 3 days to deliver an estimate. Oh yea, and they charge $25 for the estimate ahead of time. Total waste of time and money.

Hello Aori,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: March 26, 2019

There's a Lumber Liquidators showroom near my house and the reps were knowledgeable and helpful. Certainly, they were very proficient with what they were doing. The prices were good and I was able to touch and feel everything too. I got the Morning Star Bamboo and working with it was super easy. I even had my kids help me with it because the new snap and stuff is so plug and play. The key was to have the flooring seasoned for a full two weeks at my house before it went in. However, the underlayment sold to me has a cellophane liner, and the cellophane has a zip-strip where you are able to line up the various rolls of the underlayment. That cellophane crackles under foot and it makes for a loud floor. It's been six months now since I put it in, and it's still crackling. Still, so far, so good. I got a couple of dogs running all over and they haven't made a mark on it yet. Give LL a shot.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I bought hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and had a great experience. The flooring I got looks really good. I paid $2 a square foot and I was really happy with the price.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I liked the price at Lumber Liquidators and they have a showroom where I could look at different options. The sales reps were helpful and they pointed me in the right direction. They explained to me the difference between a couple of different woods that I was looking at. I got hardwood flooring. The quality was good and it was very easy to work with. I installed it myself. I’ve had a positive experience and I’ve recommended Lumber Liquidators to a couple of other co-workers since then.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 15, 2019

Morningstar MS XD - This floor is absolute junk. I will be filing suit against LL. Totally misrepresented the product and misinformed me on installation. Cupping, fading after 6 months and top coat flaking. Nailed down to new sub-flooring and underlayment and used their recommended vapor barrier.

Hello William,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: March 14, 2019

The sales reps at Lumber Liquidators were very informative. We kinda had an idea of what we were looking form but they were very thorough about the different materials and type of flooring that they had, and what was the best choice for us. We got the bamboo wood and we hired a team to install it. The installers told us that the floor was easy to install and they did the job within a day. The flooring has really good quality. We had a similar type of wood floor before, but this bamboo wood flooring is better than that one. I will definitely recommend Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have had a not so great experience with Lumber Liquidators. I ordered some laminate flooring back in January, and their website clearly states that all orders will be shipped within 2 weeks or so. So imagine my disappointment when months later they still haven't called me. My order hasn't arrived, and basically I was doing about all that I could reach out to them and I didn't get anything back from them. So, at the end of everything I decided that I wanted to get a refund as I have already bought and installed some other hardwood floor. The first time I tried, I got helped by some scatterbrain who insisted I need to call the store, even though the store wasn't even open. I didn't want to call the store I just wanted a refund. So I left it for a few days and then called back in the new week.

When I was helps this time, I was very pleased. Terry and customer service has been exponentially helpful to me. Confrontation I find is very difficult, and I don't like sounding like a mean person. But I psyched myself up enough to tell them firmly that I wanted a refund, that I haven't had a good experience and I was done with dealing with Lumber Liquidators and I was just tired of it. She understood completely as I explained my situation, and empathized with my frustration. In under 5 minutes she had resolved the entire thing, and now I am waiting on a call from Lumber Liquidators to finalize my refund. I just wanted to give a shout out to Terry and customer service because she is really awesome. Also, Terry if you ever read this I hope that your cold gets better. Many thanks!

Original review: March 13, 2019

The Lumber Liquidators reps were knowledgeable and led me exactly to what I needed. We ordered the pre-finished three-inch oak and I love it. I don’t like the stuff that you gotta sand, and the pre-finished is so much easier. Working with it is just like working with the natural stuff. We did another big job on a five-inch maple and we had a bad product, and Lumber Liquidators took care of us. I've sent customers there ‘cause I've had good experience.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased pre-finished hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators, and the help I got at the store when I went in to look at the different styles of wood was excellent. They make it easy for me to work with them. So far the flooring seems like it’s lasting pretty long. I’ve put down traditional hardwood flooring before in the house that was not pre-finished, and this went down just as easy as the original stuff. I liked that I didn’t have to do anything else to it once I put it down.

Original review: March 11, 2019

We used wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators for a bartop and it was super cheap. The sales reps were very helpful and everything was always very positive. The quality is amazing and it was very easy to work with. It’s just hardwood, so it’s great for what we did on the bartop.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I purchased some oak tongue and groove flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I like the availability of the product and cost comparison. Their rep was very accommodating and was fine to work with. All my questions were answered. The product that I purchased was more cost-effective than similar products from other companies. I installed it myself which was not that difficult to do. Overall, I was pleased with the service that they provided.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Had a bad experience with installation of my flooring. After numerous attempts with customer service, I still have no resolution. It's been exhausting working with them. They didn't install per the specifications, and I have transition strips all over my house. For less than 1000 sq feet, I have 4 transitions, including one in the middle of my living area. In order to sell my house, I'll have to pay a new company to put in new floors so it looks like a professional installed it. I've been working on a resolution for 18 months and Lumber Liquidators won't fix the floors per the specs. I have transitions everywhere except doorways, where they should be. It's been painful to say the least.

Hello RB,

Original review: March 9, 2019

I bought two floors from Lumber Liquidators. The saleslady was just fine, but I don’t like their policy of paying 100% upfront. I bought Brazilian cherry for my bedroom and den. It was a lot of money and Lumber Liquidators wanted every cent upfront, and I just said, “No.” I would like 50% upfront, and then 50% when the job’s done and satisfied. And then, I bought Brazilian cherry, bamboo for downstairs, and I had somebody else install it for the same reason. But the prices were good. Also, the service at the store was good and the manager of the store here in Cambridge was very good.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Buyer beware!!! I paid the $25.00 to have a LL installer evaluate my project in house. On the day of installation, the LL installer determined that the quote provided was not what would cost to install the flooring: originally the estimator had said that the flooring could be installed over the existing laminate flooring. After living with 39 cases of flooring for over a week and having cleared my entire living space, I was in no position NOT to pay the additional $700.00 demanded to begin the project. (Please note, when I received my credit card bill, I noted that I was charged $750.00!) The installer said that he would reschedule the job. I was in no position to have someone else remove the approximately 300 sf of laminate now required on the morning of finally getting this project or pay what he demanded. I had no choice but to pay the additional costs.

After speaking to someone at LL, I was informed that the actual cost of removing the existing laminate was ACTUALLY $1400.00 but that they would give me a "break" and ONLY charge me $700.00!!! The installer completed the job, was friendly, and did a pretty good job although when they left on the second day when the flooring was completed, they left without any attempt at any cleanup. Also, the estimator also ordered 4 cases of flooring and 20 pieces of quarter round and 2 pieces of bases board which were not needed and I was required to return to the store. The store manager refunded the overage of supplies but I had to bring to their attention that I had paid for installation and that also should be refunded for the materials returned.

The store manager acted as if this was the first time anyone had made this request and had to get permission from the regional manager to approve such a refund. It took numerous phone calls to obtain the refund for the labor and NUMEROUS phone calls to LL about the bait and trap situation about the laminate removal. On the morning of finally getting this project started, I was told that the installer charged $400.00 "dump fee" to discard less than 100 lbs of cheap laminate flooring and they refunded me only $349.00 of the disputed $750.00. I will NEVER use Lumber Liquidators again when I sell this house and purchase my next house.

Hello Colleen,

Original review: March 8, 2019

I went to multiple places and they weren't very interested in dealing with prefinished hickory hardwood flooring. The first time when I went to price it out, the sales reps were very unknowledgeable. But on the second time, the Lumber Liquidators sales reps were wonderful and top-notch. The flooring has fantastic quality and the cost was very reasonable for the quality. I did the installation myself and it was easy to do as with all other ¾ inch type of grade of hardwood flooring. So, that was pretty good.

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information