2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5
Get Pricing

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, offers a wide range of materials and colors of laminate and hardwood floors at low prices. LL stocks many brands, including Mayflower, Colston, Builder’s Pride, BellaWood and Virginia Millworks.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

PROS

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

CONS

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Top Lumber Liquidators Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up there, and he bought laminate for his whole house as well. ... We love the flooring so far.

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock. The reps were definitely really knowledgeable. Everything worked out pretty good. I would recommend them.

Lumber Liquidators Call Now Toll Free (800) 427-3966 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

What is Lumber Liquidators?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
  • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
  • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
  • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

Lumber Liquidators installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

Lumber Liquidators FAQ

How much does Lumber Liquidators charge for installation?
LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
Does Lumber Liquidators use formaldehyde?
LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
Is Lumber Liquidators good quality?
LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
Is Lumber Liquidators’ flooring safe?
LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is Lumber Liquidators good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, Lumber Liquidators showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

Lumber Liquidators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Our experience with LL Dothan began September 2019. Michael & Jeff were very easy to work with, very knowledgeable of product & very customer friendly. They went above and beyond to help us with our purchase. Go see them for your flooring needs.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: March 6, 2020

We were provided excellent service at the Lumber Liquidator store #182 in Brewer, ME. The store manager was very helpful, and accommodating. We had our flooring ordered online and delivered to this store. The manager Will ** was terrific through the whole process. He was very accommodating when we weren’t able to arrive for pickup on our scheduled date. Will ** kept our flooring stored at his warehouse a few more days until we could get there. When we arrived on site for pickup a big storm had passed through and all the power was down. Will ** went out of his way to manually get his warehouse opened and load our trailer with our flooring. We are extremely impressed with how Will ** went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process. We have never received such great service from anywhere before!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Had engineered luxury vinyl installed (900+ sq ft ). The entire experience was easy & helpful. Jason at Monroeville Pa location was extra helpful from product information to ordering our product & scheduling pickup at a closer store to our house. When Tony came out to do all the measuring I wasn't home yet, just my wife & son were home. He said he would wait for me to get home so he could answer any questions I may have. He explained everything in complete detail. When the estimate came out everything was itemized so we knew exactly what to expect. The 3 man installation showed up everyday on time and did a fantastic job. Very professional job from a very respectful crew.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I worked with Eliu, a store manager in the Milford location. He was knowledgeable and very helpful. The delivery person forgot a portion of the order and Eliu went out of his way to deliver it on his own, and on a drizzly day. We have not installed it yet, so I cannot comment on the floor itself, but working w/ Eliu was simple and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Just had my new flooring installation. Went to new store on 104th in Thornton CO. Anna was my sales person and she was fantastic. She listened to what I wanted. She had me in and out in 35 minutes with everything needed for my new floor. As an women you tend to get sales people who don't listen to what you want and try to just make a sale but not Ms. Anna.. My experience was fantastic and my flooring is beautiful. Thanks Ms Anna. You were a breath of fresh air in a stressful search for my new floor..

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

We just had laminate flooring installed and the installer said that because of the dampness in a couple of spots from the air handler that the flooring was making the baseboard coming loose from the wall and we have a vapor barrier of 25 mm under the house installed when the house was built, there is water from the air handler on the top of the vapor barrier (in some spots) but not all over, is this the reason for the problem?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Our flooring project, which was originally quoted and agreed upon to cost $2,500, ended up costing nearly $4,000 due to admitted "oversights" made by the company-provided estimator. On our installation day, it wasn't until our old carpets had been removed that the installers noticed that our subfloor was roughly 1/2-inch lower than the flooring in the connected rooms. We were given the option of either having a 1/2-inch "lip" when you entered the rooms - which would be a major tripping hazard - or pay over $1,000 on the spot in order for the installers to purchase and install plywood to even out the flooring. The LL installers, along with the LL customer support agent, admitted that the estimator should have noticed this issue when he visited our house, checked the subfloor, and saw a sample of the flooring we would be ordering. Even though they acknowledged this "oversight", we were still left with no choice but to pay the extra money.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Lumber Liquidators tells me it is not their responsibility. They haven't even sent someone to look at it. THEY ARE TERRIBLE! I spent over $6000 for my flooring 2 years ago and I have been trying to get Lumber liquidators to send someone to look at and repair my terrible bumpy raised flooring.

Lumber Liquidators response

Hello Mrs. Fassett,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand your concern and how frustrating it can be to have to deal with a situation such as yours. We will be reaching out to you to obtain a better understanding of your concerns and to see what solutions are available to better assist you.

Original review: July 30, 2020

We paid $18k for a brand new hardwood floor install. The installation supervisor was arrogant, rude, and made inappropriate comments to my wife. The actual installation was full of blemishes, creaks, cracked boards, and protruding nails amongst other major installation issues. When I pointed out the issues, the installation supervisor said to call Lumber Liquidators and they would make any necessary repairs. Fast forward to three months of completely useless customer service from Lumber Liquidators and a very expensive and poorly installed wood floor. Do yourself a favor and don’t ever do business with them. They use sub-standard installers who do a lousy job and then everyone hides behind a worthless warranty. If I could give them negative stars, I would. Time to lawyer up and get some satisfaction.

Original review: July 25, 2020

First, the guy that came out to measure, was good. The techs that came to install did not speak English at all. They wanted to “level” flooring for additional 2k (20 50lb bags At $ 100). I stated that it doesn’t require 20 bags. When I called the store, manager stated “if you don’t do the work we recommend, we are not going to cover the warranty”. I stated it was not that I did not want to spend additional $$ but the 20 bags for 400 sq ft was not reasonable. He said, "Let’s do 10 and if installers need few more bags, I will not charge." Installers finished the job and left some area without coverage. I got charged ~ 1136. Installers were done in 1 hour. So they made $ 800 for 1 hour job? They are coming back on Monday to complete the job. I need Corp to look into this issue.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information