Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

4.6/5 (211 ratings)

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Pros

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

Top LL Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Verified

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up t...

Verified

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock....

What is Lumber Liquidators (now LL Flooring)?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
  • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
  • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
  • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

LL Flooring installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

LL Flooring FAQ

How much does LL Flooring charge for installation?
LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
Does LL Flooring use formaldehyde?
LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
Is LL Flooring good quality?
LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
Is LL Flooring safe?
LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is LL Flooring good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, LL Flooring showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

LL Flooring Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I did additional flooring with LL Flooring. I already had some years ago and I'm doing extra rooms. So far, I'm happy with the product and happy with the customer service. It's nice to be able to go to a store, talk to someone, and get some advice. When I went and tried to order the particular product I had years ago, it was discontinued. The store manager in Kennesaw found something similar and she said, "If it doesn't match completely, come back and let me know. We might have some boxes in different warehouses around the U.S. that we could possibly gather the discontinued product." It was nice that she offered that. The new product that she tried was a very close match. I haven't opened the boxes yet, but the boxes are very similar.

I install the flooring myself. It's pretty easy and I've done almost the whole house. There are some lessons learned. Through time, everything becomes popular. 10 years ago when I installed the ones downstairs, that was the case. One lesson learned for me was no matter what type of wood you install, on top of the concrete is not the best option even though the manufacturer might tell you it's okay. No matter if you use the best glue, there will still be some moisture coming back up over time. I have some places on the hardwood where you can see it's getting a little bit darker. There is this particular bamboo product that I used downstairs and it was part of that class-action lawsuit. I received a $500 gift card because of that, which I ended up using to buy stuff. This is a different kind for border rooms.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I talked with a very knowledgeable staff member at LL Flooring's Erie store and we went through every type of flooring and the pricing. He was very transparent about the pricing, what the values were, what I was looking for, and the different underlayment options for me. You're leery when you purchase something off of a two-square-foot block in the store and you get a little bit concerned. But I looked at the website and the room visualizer was helpful to get an idea and make a decision. I can kind of take a picture and change the flooring.

I went back the next day and gave him the business for the whole house that I was flooring. They were really helpful with walking me through all of that and getting everything set up. I was getting it delivered to the Pittsburgh store and they were really collaborative and spoke very highly of their colleagues at the Pittsburgh store. The delivery was great and the guy was very professional and did a great job.

The only thing that could have been improved was I got one box that had been sitting there for a while. I could tell it was dirty and there were dates printed on the boxes when they were manufactured and that box was from 2019. It must have been sitting in the Pittsburgh store, which the Erie store warned me about. Also, there was one board that was chipped but I was able to use it when I had to cut an area. Other than those, the flooring itself exceeded my expectations and it was super easy to install. I was shocked at the quality of it compared to what the price was.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

A friend of ours in the neighborhood bought flooring from LL Flooring and said that the price was really good. I found a flooring online and I really liked the color of it. LL Flooring carried that so we went over and looked at samples. We were delighted to find that the vinyl flooring was marked down so we ordered it that day. It's a new product that's made in Germany. It's called Duravana seven-millimeter hybrid resilient flooring. We were really worried that it would take forever to get our product. But they delivered the product in four weeks. The ordering and the delivery of our flooring and everything that went with it went off without a hitch.

We had the product for quite a while before installers were able to come and install it. We didn't hear back and we kept calling but the mailbox was full. A supervisor got in contact with us and we found out that one of the workers got COVID. They had to completely close the shop down. My husband drove all the way over to Salinas and it said "Closed for cleaning." That put them two weeks behind. All of our bedroom furniture had been in our living room for a month.

About 25 years ago, we had Wilsonart laminate put in our family room, dining room, kitchen, and hallway. When they came out to install that, there were five guys and did the work in one day. We were surprised that it was just one guy who came for the installation from LL Flooring. He worked all day in the rain and got most of the floor installed. He waited until noon on Tuesday to come back to make sure that it wasn't going to be raining then finished up. On Wednesday, he came back and was only here for a couple of hours to do a little bit of trim work.

We walk to the bedroom and the man wasn't there anymore. The floor was done and he was gone. That surprised us because usually with all the other installers years ago had us sign off. Other than that, the man did a great job. The work was done a week and a half before Christmas. My new floor was in and we moved our bedroom in. That was our Christmas present. We love it so far and we've been really happy.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I was looking for some floors to be put down. We wanted a handy person to come in and do them. They never responded. I was looking at a competitor and I couldn't find what I wanted there. My sister told me to look at Lumber Liquidators and so I did. I had a selection there and it was hands down. There was a free estimate and I signed up for that.

The guy came in to our home. I was at work but my mother was there. She put me on speakerphone. She measured the square foot and told the guy that was what we needed. He said that we would receive a call. I got a call and talked to the guy on the Boulevard. He said that we could talk about financing, go over the whole nine yards, and so we made an appointment. My mom and I went in. The price was incredible. He said, “This is what we're doing. This is what I'm going to send you. This is the timeframe.”

They got back in touch with me within four days. I had everything delivered on time from the moldings to the floor. Because of the holidays, I thought I would not get my floors done until after January. The woman called me and said that they had a cancellation and my best bet was to take this opportunity. It was the day before Christmas Eve and I agreed. She said they would come between 8:00 and 10:00 and the two guys were here by 8:30. They did the closet and put some moldings inside there. They lifted up the stove and the refrigerator. They took them all back. They threw the cleaning products in there. I got off work at three o'clock and they were done and gone. They cleaned up everything and left a few boxes.

It was a flawless finish. I have shown my coworkers everything and they love it. The floors are incredible. Like my mom, we wanted them to stand in it but she didn't want to leave and they're staying with a polyurethane. I was very satisfied with all of it. I wish I had more money so I can get my whole house done. Since they left a few boxes, I'm thinking of buying a couple more then having my bedroom done. I'll have my basement done next year and I'm going to be calling LL again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We went first to look at cabinets, and then we saw that LL Flooring was right next door. We walked over there originally, and then we weren't ready to purchase in store at that time, so we just placed an order online later when we got home. It was easy to find the products on the website. I was looking for white stair risers and there were quite a few products that didn't have the imagery just yet. But I was able to go into the product details and confirm that they were white and the exact color and if it was finished in the top left bottom or right.

I got the painted poplar riser and they were much better than what I thought. Right now we're in the middle of a home renovation, and those were really hard to find, and LL Flooring was the only one that had them in stock. I think most people didn't order them because there wasn't a product image, and they didn't know what it was. But I kinda got lucky and they were able to get them pretty quickly for me so it was really nice.

We went to the store in a week or two. That day they were doing some water pressure treatment outside the store, so they were cleaning up, but they were so friendly. The people who were working there were making sure that people came in and out of the door safely and that they didn't trip on the water. They were able to get our order. We pulled up to the back and picked it up quickly. They helped us get it into the car. It was a great service.

Original review: April 28, 2022

We bought laminate flooring for a commercial building that we're remodeling and everything about our experience with LL Flooring has been positive.

Original review: April 23, 2022

When I was doing the flooring at my place of business years ago, I was told to go and compare prices, and LL Flooring had a good price. So I went back about 12 years later, and it's still good price. Also the customer service was phenomenal. This time around, I purchased some transition strips. I would get one at Lowe's for like $30, but I was able to get 11 for about 30 dollars at LL. The young lady did her research and she looked to see if they had any products that were discontinued, on sale, and it just happened to be exactly what I needed. And I got some laminate flooring. I'm very pleased with the quality of the flooring.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I've been very happy with everything. I worked with Matt and he was fantastic. The whole process was beautiful and easy. We lucked out as what I chose happened to be a discontinued product and they had it in stock. Everything got delivered easily. My new floors are installed and they look fantastic. On Facebook, I've already shown off my floors and mentioned LL Flooring.

Original review: April 21, 2022

The quality of the flooring is okay and I'm satisfied with the contractors who came to do it. But my experience with LL wasn't that satisfactory. I didn't get called back and I wound up having to go to the store because I didn't get a call when I was supposed to get a call. That was a repeated problem.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I dealt with Drew and he was very helpful. He seemed to know exactly what I was looking for. The store wasn’t totally set up, so I wasn't finding what I was looking for but he said, “I think I know exactly what you want.” So he went back into the warehouse and came out with a sample and said, “Is this what you're looking for?” I said, “Exactly.” So I was thrilled, having gone to six other stores and not being able to find exactly what I wanted. It worked very smoothly and well. They have a variety of products and the people know their products. My experience was very good.

LL Flooring Company Information