Call toll free
4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3427 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We purchased the Pioneer Leather Hickory in October 2018, picked it up at the store and transported to our house for it to set until the humidity level was correct. We then had it installed at the end of October. We have noticed that a section of the flooring is coming up and creating a uplifted crease. We contacted Lumber Liquidators in Virginia Beach, VA where the flooring was purchased. They sent a rep down to look at the floor and we haven't heard back from them.

We have placed multiple calls regarding getting the floor fixed and now we are hearing it is our fault due to humidity in the house (there is none) and they told us to get a dehumidifier. Well how is that going to solve the problem of a bad install? We love the floor! But this company is ridiculously telling us the bad install is our problem. I am fed up!!! We paid almost $8000 for the floor only to have to pay more money and have someone else fix it probably nulling the warranty!!! I am beyond frustrated and Pissed off!

So after the rep came to look at the floor the contractor who installed the flooring called Agnes. This is how the humidity conversion came into play. Without seeing the floor he said because we have a crawl space, the humidity from there is what's causing the floor to come up. This coming from the same contractor who sent his best crew for the install. The best crew turned out to be one man! Then the next day he brought a buddy to help him and this is the day our finishing nailer went missing. My husband said to forget it, that we would never see that nailer again, but enough is enough with these people. Again still waiting for Lumber Liquidators to do something!

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Lumber Liquidators is one of the closest wholesale companies to where we live. There were two different purchases that I did with them. I got hardwood bamboo laminate floor, and their reps were very helpful, and they made sure that I made sure to get enough of the product that I needed to finish the job. So, they did what they were supposed to. We love the quality of our flooring. My experience with Lumber Liquidators was very quick and easy for the most part. They were reasonably priced, and the representatives there seemed to know what they were talking about for the installation. They were also very helpful with any other questions I had to ask.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am sitting here writing this review 6 weeks after I picked up the flooring from the local store. And still it has not been installed!!! The "so called" professional installer came to my house and did the estimate. I thought it was a little on the high side, but I was booked solid every weekend and just didn't have the time to do it myself. So we set an install date. He called and cancelled the day before... Said he had another job to do and may not be able to get it done that day... So we set it up for the next week. My wife stayed home all day waiting... No installer... No call. I left him a voicemail. He did call me back late that afternoon. His excuse???... He forgot!!! Real pro here! So now, he shows up for the 3rd appointment. He rips up 3 places in my kitchen (about 1-2 hours) and calls me up and says he isn't allowed by law to finish the job. Really???

My house was built in the 1950s and had the 9 X 9 asbestos tiles in the kitchen. The installer told me that I had to get an abatement done and then I could call him back. I asked him for any advice... Who could I get? How does this work? He said he didn't know and couldn't help me. And he just left the mess and got in his truck and left!!! So I worked on it yesterday and it took me 5 hours to fix the mess that this professional installer made. Basically, just had to set the saw on 1/4 inch and cut out the vinyl flooring that had been installed on top...then had to cut out and put in new sub flooring and feather edge everything. Laid about half of the flooring in... I will probably get time to finish it next week I hope.

The local Lumber Liquidators store was good. They refunded the installation cost. I still am out the cost of a 12 inch carbide tip saw blade...a bucket of Flash compound and Luan (about 150 bucks) to fix the mess that he left. I just can't understand how a national company like this can let this kind of stuff happen??? In my case, I am lucky that I have family who are contracting and I work in the construction industry as well. I would never want to treat any customer like this.

Really disappointed with Lumber Liquidators at this point... Sure it is going to cost me extra money to get it done. My main complaint was the extra time and labor (My Labor!!!). So as of right now, I will spread the word to stay away from this company. I have learned my lesson.

Hello Blair,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I remodel homes for a living. I flip houses and it’s mine when I do it but then, I sell it. I usually go to the Lumber Liquidators when I buy. There’s one near my home so I just walk in and tell them what I need. They could improve on the ramp in their 58th Avenue store. When we’re loading up. there’s a ramp there that you go up that’s not friendly at all. It’s narrow and it’s just not right especially in the winter time when it’s snowy. Other than that, I’ve never had a problem with them. I bought hardwood flooring and some tools from them six months ago and it was a fine experience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Product was purchased in Arden NC. Store employees were helpful and we found what we needed 3/4 x 5 Bellawood. Product was delivered in a timely manner and was just what we had asked for. We also paid Lumber Liquidators to have an estimator come to the house and review what was needed for the job. His job was to source how much product and how it would be installed for the job, he also is reasonable for all transition pieces and base molding. He arrived 1/2 late, we discussed how we wanted the job done and he said that would be fine. He took the measurements and left.

THE INSTALL: Lumber Liquidators makes you pay for the install when you purchase the product before the job is even started. (Just an FYI) I have never heard of this but it is their policy. They also must not have their own installers as it was a different company that contacted me after the install was complete. The installers showed up and right off stated the floor could not be installed as the estimator had said. After 45 min of phone calls to their boss the work began.

Now is where the fun started. Our home had just been freshly painted both trim and walls, all baseboard had been removed and all furniture was moved to the garage. They had a clean open slate to work with. First problem we had was they wanted to put quarter round on all walls. I said no that is why we purchased all new baseboard. I tried to watch the job as it continued but I did not wish to get in the way either. What I saw was installers working very hard but you could also tell they were careless. They would take full boxes of flooring and carry them to an area and just drop them I did not like this at all. They also did damage to the home in many areas as I had listed below.

Handprints and grease on walls, doors and refrigerator. Corners of walls damaged from air hoses or cords? Fresh painted home with gouges in the walls and trim. Baseboard not installed vertical with the wall trim. Baseboard cuts were poor and do not match up. Caulking left on areas of the floor and our newly painted walls. Sawdust all over our furniture stored in the garage (saw was set outside the garage). Large amount of baseboard needed for the job left over, must return

I communicated this with pictures to the follow up person from the install company and the response was they would talk to the install group. I also communicated this to the manager of the store we purchased the wood from. He thanked me for the information and said he would talk with the installers. My wife and I spent the following weekend repainting walls and trim, spackling and repainting walls that had gouges in them, cleaning calking from the floor and areas on the wall and lastly vacuuming and wiping down all of furniture we so kindly moved out of the way for the install.

Oh also left out cleaning the garage from all the sawdust that did not make it onto the furniture. I did receive a call some days later stating they would send out a cleaning crew for the furniture. I declined as it was already done. I also could call and request to have them out to correct the baseboard problems, Not sure if they would but I think I will fix it myself. In closing if you do use the installers you do have a 1 year warranty on the install. Expect nothing more than average to below average work and also expect damage to your home with little to no recourse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We got engineered hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators, and it is really easy to scratch. It’s gonna take a really special cloth for cleaning. A big dog would scratch it quickly. Other than that, Lumber Liquidators was quick and really easy to work with. I talked to a few different people there, and they were really friendly. They talked me through the different types of materials for engineered hardwood floors, what would be the best for my project and what I was looking for. And then they were able to get the products in a little faster without too much of an extra charge.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Lumber Liquidators sells their own brand of stuff which is very well reviewed. I got bamboo flooring from them, and their sales reps knew what they were talking about and they helped me with any questions that I had. I'm doing the self-install and once you get used to it, it's not difficult. I had some initial learning curve and we made some mistakes from our install. But over the long run, those are correctable and I have more to install, and it will be done better and correctly the next time. I watched YouTube videos throughout the install, and then I had questions about how I was supposed to handle stuff, and they would recommend a gap. I used the stuff that they told me I should use, and it ended up being almost too much, but then the flooring have had dried out a little more because we didn’t have it properly acclimated.

I'm pretty happy with the quality of the flooring. The product is pretty straightforward. You get what you pay for, and there wasn’t any problem. If I didn’t like the product, I could just go back to them and they would give me any more products that I demand. If I have some messed up boxes, I'm pretty confident that they would take care of me in that regard.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My husband and I made 2 trips to State college store to purchase over 1500 square feet of flooring. We paid $25 to have an installer come to our home to measure exactly and what was needed to install vinyl plank flooring. We were told that we would be contacted within 48 hours. Three days later we still didn't hear anything from the installer. My husband called store to let the service person know that we didn't hear from installer. He said he would take care of it. After 5 days still no contact from installer nor service person. My husband called again the next day and requested his $25 back. The female service person said it would be refunded...it was. We have still not heard anything from the service person at the State college store. They lost a possible $7500 order. If this is how they run their business we will NOT go shopping nor referring Lumber Liquidators to any of our family or friends. Very disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our house was from 1994. We just bought it, and we had to lay new hardwoods in the kitchen and patch in a few spots into the existing hardwoods. And Lumber Liquidators had the best price. Everyone there is fantastic, too. I already knew what I was looking for and they said they’d get it ordered for me. Our flooring is of good quality. I installed myself and it was easy. I got the lower quality wood because it was cheaper, and there were some imperfections on it. But that was to be expected with the level that I bought. It was advertised that there are small open notch. There was a handful of pieces I had tossed out due to just being really big holes in them or termite damage. But all in all, I felt like it was still a good value.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I saw a Lumber Liquidators ad and I walked to their store. I went to a couple of local places near me but I couldn't find the model that I like. Then they referred me to drive an hour and a half out to Vacaville or Fairfield to get the laminate flooring. The service person was there and everything was prompt. I ordered, paid, picked the item up and left. The flooring is comfortable and decent. I just wish they had better stock in all stores.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Lumber Liquidators was a good place and aside from the discount which they gave me, the flooring was reasonably priced. It was very cheap. I bought engineered hardwood which I put in my two bedrooms and the corridor. The reps were nice people. They were very pleasant, helpful and polite. Lumber Liquidators was perfect.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We previously did our kitchen floor with Lumber Liquidators and we just purchased another flooring for a kitchen in another home. We shopped around and looked at the local hardware stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot, but we went with Lumber Liquidators mainly because of the availability of the pattern or color that we wanted. The sales representatives were straightforward too. They showed us the selections that they had of what the type of product and the color range that we were looking in.

We got engineered hardwood and engineered vinyl then we did self-install. It was very simple working with the products. Also, the flooring has been holding up well so far. The cost is also a good value, slightly less than some of the hardware stores that we looked at, but I see the difference in the quality as far as the mil thickness. Some of the other more expensive product were definitely a higher end product, but I didn’t think that our project required that level. All in all, my experiences with Lumber Liquidator have always been great and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I liked Lumber Liquidators’ convenience and experience in the past. The sales rep found me a good deal on the type of flooring I was looking for. I got Bellawood and I hired a team to install it. It was a positive experience with Lumber Liquidators and I would recommend them in the future.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My son had gotten flooring at Lumber Liquidators before and he was happy with them, so I went with them. The sales guys were very helpful in picking out my flooring and I got bamboo plank flooring. They called me when it was in, they loaded my truck, and I picked it up. I had some returns and they unloaded the returns for me. They did what they said they were gonna do. My brother who has been a carpenter his whole life was gonna install it and he has installed lots of wood flooring but he really struggled. They sold us this adhesive and they said it was the best adhesive. And that’s the way to go on concrete because the adhesive becomes a vapor barrier when it dries. My brother had a horrible time putting the flooring down. He said he would never do it on concrete again. He hated the adhesive but I think that’s because it’s adhesive on concrete. As he was putting the flooring in, it didn’t stay put. He had a rough time with that.

I love the plank flooring. They told me that bamboo is better because it is better with water and it is good with water, like in the kitchen. They also warned me that it scratches more easily and it does scratch easily. It’s a little more easily than I realized. So, I have to be careful. Also, the edges where the two boards come together is not completely flat. They kind of popped up a little. It’s weird because the front half of the room, fortunately, didn’t buckle. I’m glad because it's not buckled when you walked in the door and you have the big open living room-dining room-kitchen but the bedrooms and the hallway are buckled. Other than those, I would recommend Lumber Liquidators because they were helpful. I had a good experience actually dealing with them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

First off, I want to state quite openly that the narrative below does not reflect poorly toward our local (Harrisburg PA) Lumber Liquidators store or their merchandise. We had purchased and already installed the same material in two other rooms in our home and our experience with the store has always been excellent; as well as the quality of the flooring we purchased. This also is NOT a negative review of the local subcontractor used by our store to install the flooring.

This narrative is centered around poor Corporate policies regarding the 'Professional Installation' offered by each store. Corporate policies have our store and 4 others handled by a single Subcontractor, who, by the way, ultimately did install our flooring after he recovered from being out sick with a fairly major illness. We visited the store in late November to purchase enough flooring to complete our house, about another 800 sq feet. We had asked for installation services because our schedules had become far too complicated to do it ourselves.

Originally, we suggested waiting until after January 1, however, the store informed us that they were scheduled far out into Late February or Early March. However, we were told it could get done in the next few weeks, before Christmas. We were given a tentative date between December 8 and December 15, 2018. It took their installer a few days to come out to take measurements and he then told us that our tentative date would not be met. We received the new date of December 19-20. This was still before Christmas, so we were ok with that.

The weekend before, we spent removing carpeting and moving some large items (china, china cabinet and dining room table and a few others) to storage to better facilitate the installation, and truthfully, the dining room was needed for the 40+ boxes of flooring, and related material (quarter round, transition strips, glue, etc) that we had to pick up and transport back prior to installation to allow them to acclimate to our home. On the 19th, we received a call that the crew was down sick and we were being pushed off until the 20th. We certainly understand being ill and had no issues with a delay, especially since the installer planned to use a larger team and complete the install in a single day.

On the 20th, we were told that they were still sick and needed antibiotics before they could come back to work, but that they would still come out with enough team members to do our installation on Saturday, December 22, 2018. Saturday the 22nd came and we were called and told that the installation was going to be pushed until December 26th - the day after Christmas. We then had to scramble to change our venue for Christmas Dinner with our family, as we had nowhere to eat in our house, due to the fact that our table had been moved to storage. We phoned the store and were provided with the contact information for The Regional Sales and Service Manager Jim **. He took it upon himself to schedule a different team from 2 hours away (and who were also unfamiliar with our area) to come and do the installation on December 26.

On the 26th, we prepped for them by moving some easily moveable items out of the way and waited for their arrival. We assumed they would not get to our house until around 10 am ET considering that they were 2 hours away. After not seeing or even hearing from them, around 10:30 am we contacted their office and their office manager tried calling the team several times, but they were not answering their phone. We called the Regional Sales and Services Manager, who didn't have any other options for us. My wife then called the original installer herself to see if he would be able to do the work, and he indicated that he could so she made sure to call our local store, as well as contact the Regional Sales and Services Manager to let him know that she did his job for him and had contacted the original installer for the store to do the work.

At the end of the day, we were compensated $500 off of our total cost, of which $250 was in merchandise refunded to the store credit and the other $250 came in the form of a check from the installer. This penalized the installer for problems which were out of his control, which is totally unacceptable. They were highly professional, courteous, and did excellent work on the installation. Our key takeaways from this experience. The installer used by our store is shared by 3 other stores within roughly an hour of Harrisburg, PA - York, Lancaster, and Reading. While this may work for sales volume, it creates some havoc when trying to fit clients in, especially when there are unavoidable delays.

When an installer has to cancel or postpone for whatever reason, there does not appear to be a reliable contingency plan in place to allow for multiple installers in a given area to be able to be contacted to see if the promised dates could be met, until you contact and complain to the Regional Sales and Services Manager. Even then, all he did was find an unreliable team in a completely different geographical locale. The Store did not have any control over this, unfortunately. They had to defer to the Regional Sales and Services Manager per policy. Our store team was very professional and courteous and highly sympathetic to our plight, I cannot speak any more highly of them.

Per Corporate Policy, the installation Subcontractor was penalized for issues out of their control which is unprofessional behavior by Lumber Liquidators and is unacceptable. Any compensation back for issues arising during an installation beyond the control of the installation subcontractor should come directly from Lumber Liquidators and not from the subcontractor in an instance where a delay is unavoidable.

Hello Dwayne,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We got bamboo floors from Lumber Liquidators. They're wide plank bamboo and they're like 7-inch wide. The sales rep that I had was really nice. It all went south on the delivery part. There was a lot of damaged floor. Lumber Liquidators need either their own delivery people, so somebody whose trustworthy, not just Joe Blow delivering stuff. Their managers need to have more customer service training, as well.

But the quality of the flooring is nice. It looks good, there are certain spots where it’s coming apart a little bit though. And it’s not from weather or from the installation, ‘cause it was one of their installers that put it in for me. Hopefully, it will settle itself down. Also, the tongue and groove were a little big. So, when you're installing it, a lot of the pieces broke, like when you are trying to slide it together before we nailed it in. But Lumber Liquidators replaced the damaged ones.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We installed floating floors throughout our home and started having the top layer of coating come off the floors. I contacted Lumber Liquidators and they did nothing to help stating that because I didn’t have central air (temperature control) and because I use a steamer which I have used on all my hardwood and have never had an issue. This is absolutely ridiculous that a company would use central air and a steamer as their excuse for their poorly manufactured product. I will never be using this company again and would not recommend them to family or friends.

Hello Amber,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Car e

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators for a client. Their process was simple. The reps had some samples and I told them what I needed. Thus far, I've been happy with the quality of what I get. They have good selection and reasonable pricing.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had a carpet, so I just wanted hardwood. I purchased a hickory floor from Lumber Liquidators and my interaction with their rep was good. The quality of the flooring is good as well and the cost was fair in relation to it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The sales reps at Lumber Liquidators were great, super helpful, and they knew what they were talking about. I knew what I needed, and then they helped me load the hardwood flooring on my truck, so it was nice. I’m a professional carpenter and I installed the flooring myself. The only issue that I have with some of Lumber Liquidators' products is that there’s snipe on the tongue side of the flooring, which would last about two or three inches of the board. So you have a small gap in between the boards. I had a house before that I put in maple flooring and it was the same deal. That’s kind of a turnoff because dirt or water could fall down in there, and then that destroys the floor from the back side. Besides that, the quality of the flooring is great. It has a nice, hard finish, and it's easy to install.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I will never use them again, poor service. Every time I called it was something different and didn't order enough stuff so I was back and forth picking it up. Wouldn't put me on the books until it was all picked up even though it was all paid for.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Lumber Liquidators has courteous and professional employees as well as good products. I purchased flooring during a closeout sale and the representative who helped me was very professional. The buying process went fine and I just ordered and picked up. We also did the installation ourselves and it was easy. The quality of the flooring is great for the price too.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought some flooring from Lumber Liquidators as I liked the product better. I could have bought something cheaper from a different location, but they had a better warranty. They talked me into buying more than what I needed, and when I tried to bring back some material, they were complaining about not taking it back since their policy is not to take it back after so many days. The problem was that I was waiting on a particular product from them to finish up what I was doing in order to know how much material I needed to return back. I couldn’t get the job finished ‘cause I was waiting on something I had ordered from them, so it wasn’t my fault. Also, back when there was a lot of rain going on, I had to put the pallets on a trailer so they wouldn't get wet. I had to wait for a time when it wasn’t raining so I could take it back. I had to negotiate with the guy at the counter about it and we got it worked out.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I’m loyal to this brand. Back in 2003, I bought some Australian brush box at the Commerce location before Lumber Liquidators had expanded and the sales rep was topnotch. He owned the position and it seemed like he really cared. He was a really good guy and he built some loyalty. Plus I got a really good price on the wood back then. In 2018, I bought some random lot unfinished wood flooring that I am gonna make art out of. The deals that I got 15 years ago are gone but I still like the brand. I like the quality.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

There was an old carpet that was 40 years old. It needed to be replaced and since the price was right, I purchased bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. The salesman was very helpful too. Some of the parts were missing in the order and on the day of the installation, he came in his own car to deliver the missing items. I hired Lumber Liquidators to do the installation and the team was excellent. The quality of the product is excellent too. It's perfectly laid. It’s not trampled or expanded. It doesn’t have any cracks and it’s doing fine.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I've dealt with Lumber Liquidators several times, putting flooring in other houses, and I've always found them to be easy to deal with. This time, I was redoing my kitchen. I had two to get all the flooring I needed and I called ahead to see if they had exactly what I wanted. The representative said he had it in stock but when I got to the store in Encino with my contractor, whom I was paying for his time, it wasn't the item that I wanted. Their inventory management was not great because they didn't actually have it in stock. So we picked up what we could and it was a big waste of my contractor's paid time. I even called ahead twice to make sure that they had what I wanted in stock. So you can do all the right things and still, it may not be right.

Then I had to source the rest from a different location in Newhall, Santa Clarita, which was a lot more efficiently-ran. It's really store by store with Lumber Liquidators. It depends on how good the manager of one particular location is. That one experience at the Encino store was really annoying. But I would always recommend Lumber Liquidators because they have good prices and this particular deal of oak flooring can’t be beat. I got the utility grade that has knots in it. It's really the cheapest product of Lumber Liquidators but it's heavy, sturdy and beautiful. It's oak through and through.

It's super hard and durable, and it looks very authentic and lovely. It looks like it's been there forever. So it's great. It has a very rustic look. It's 3/4 oak and you have to nail it in board by board so it takes a little bit of artistry. Then you have to sand it down and stain it. I found it easy to install because I've worked with this particular flooring before. I've always liked it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We purchased Morning Star engineered bamboo in October! It's now 2 days before 2019 and we are still waiting for the floors we have already started paying for. We financed for 24 months interest free and now they say it could be another month. Originally it was sometime in Dec, then late Dec/early Jan, then Jan 19th, now sometime within the next 30 days. They explained in the store we could install this ourselves and that it needed to be glued. The more I read, the more concerned I am about the quality of the floors, bucking, spacing, etc.

I keep explaining that we have to take off work, remove existing hardwood and carpet and prep for the arrival but I cannot for the life of me get a firm date! Someone at the store (Alpharetta, GA) told my husband some time ago that he could potentially get some of his buddy's order out of a Texas store but we never heard back on that either. Our previous experience with LL was fine (Tallahassee, FL) but we may end up just cancelling the entire order ($5k) because of the lack of communication and uncertainty.

Hello Regina,

Thank you for taking time to share you feedback. We take service complaints very seriously. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your concerns.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased ebony engineered wood floor from Lumber Liquidators and the quality is great. A previous client had purchased the same material and it looked really good installed so we went with that same material. My company installed it and it was easy to work with. It went down fast and it looked good. I would use Lumber Liquidators again. But I would never go to the Stephanie store again because nobody there was ever knowledgeable. It seemed like they hired some idiot kids to work and have no idea what they’re doing.

I spoke to a gentleman on the phone initially and ordered the material. But I guess there was a problem with their computer system so I had to leave a payment method there. The lead time was only supposed to be a few days. But a few days went by so I called. I asked whether anybody had ordered the material but they said they didn't have any orders in their system. So they basically forgot to order it. I told them I needed to put the order in but they said the gentleman was not there. So I went through the whole process again. But when I went to go order it, they said I couldn't order over the phone and that I had to go in with the payment.

So I had to go there and put in the payment. But they didn’t order enough of the stair noses so when I got the order, I called them and said we were short on the stair noses. They said they could order some more. I asked if they could check and see if they or any of the other stores had something that was similar in stock. I told them it didn't have to be exactly the same. The guy I was dealing with told me he would give the other store a call and then call me right back but I never heard anything. So then I called back the next day. They went to find out what happened and then the same guy got on the phone. He was like, “Hey, sorry. I got wrapped up. I forgot to call you back." He said he had called the other place but they didn't have anything in stock. So I told him to order what I needed.

They were able to order the stair noses over the phone but when I called back a few days later, when the material was supposed to be there, they said the material never got ordered. So then they put the other guy on the phone again and he said, “Oh, I didn’t think that you wanted it.” And I was like, “What do you mean you don’t think I wanted it?" I had told him to order it and he had said he had a card on file that he could do it with. He was like, “Oh, no. We can’t order material over the phone.” I was like, “You have got to be ** me.” So I hung up. I was done with the Stephanie store. Those guys were incompetent.

I called another store which was the store that he was supposed to call to see if they had the stair noses in stock. They ended up having it in stock. They told me to just go and pick it up. So after a week of back and forth, and my project being delayed because of it, this other store had the material in stock the entire time. The lady said they hear this a lot about that store and she gave me a little wood floor cleaning bottle as a condolence.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My house was built in 1964 and it had carpet on the staircase and hallway going upstairs. But my wife was tired of dirty carpet. I purchased a hardwood for my red oak stair treads from Lumber Liquidators, as well as red oak floor planking. We looked around the Lumber Liquidators shop and the reps showed us a bunch of options, and then we decided to go with a natural raw wood. It’s regular, real, one-inch thick red oak. They’re pretty nice. We got them in, and then the reps sold us the stain for it and they mixed it. I was able to match it with some other woodwork in our house and it came out beautiful.

We prebuilt the wood and stained them at our own house, then put them in. We nailed each plank in and the other stuff were the click-in stuff that I did before. They all went together with tongue and groove. Everybody who sees it loves it. it will last 100 years because it’s a full inch thick. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators to my friends. I built my buddy’s man room. I did his flooring at his house through Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

We were remodeling in our business place and we got some long flooring plank from Lumber Liquidators. We paid for it online, and the sales reps directed me through the back, and they put the stuff in my car. The quality of flooring is fine.

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information

VA
800-427-3966
www.lumberliquidators.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.