toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We recently renovated our apartment. Got rid of wall-to-wall carpeting and linoleum. We wanted something light and airy and warm at the same time that would also fulfill the noise regulations of our coop board, quite strict. The staff at the Long Island City store, with Travis at the front, were extremely helpful from beginning to end. They patiently answered all our questions, laid out all our options, ironed out all the setbacks that came up and adapted to our circumstances. All in all, they made everything easy and pleasant (unlike many other vendors we encountered in our renovation process). All in all, this was the best experience. Last, but not least, we are super happy with our new floor and the 0% financing!

Bamboo Morningstar #10041004 - I ordered and contracted for Lumber Liquidators to measure, install my home office room. The contractor was here at 8am and completed the job by 11am. The job was clean, the workmen pleasant and professional. We are very pleased with our decision and have also placed a favorable rating on YELP.

What a great experience. Was shipped when promised. Love the floor and returned extra box of hardwood and molding with no hassle and no restocking fee. When doing other floors in house would definitely use them. Salesman were knowledgeable and helpful.

Stop at Hatfield MA store to get estimate for 5 rooms of floor. Paid $25.00 fee and was told a contractor would call in 2 days. 5 days before phone call and another 5 days before he came to measure. He told me that he would give the store the measurements and they would Email me the quote. 10 days went by and store called me to come in and talk about quote. Why do I have to go back to store for quote!!!

I asked what the price is and he said $4,951.82 for job. I told him he was way off on price. Remove three rooms of carpet and two floors of tile. Prep floors and install new floor for that price was not even close. Ask if the new contractor told he was new but did not know much. Ask about total square feet and he had it wrong also. The flooring alone was close to $6,000.00. He should have seen that first. The whole story is I spent $25.00 for nothing. Even asked contractor how long the job would take and he told me did not know. I will find someone else to do the floors.

I had an unfinished flooring project (moved into a house that had finished 3/4 of main floor). We found some flooring in basement, just not enough to finish the job. The Ypsilanti store took on the task of locating, from stores around the country, the remaining flooring, which was on close-out. I can't even tell you how wonderful the experience was.

As far as the store goes, employees are very nice. Installation has been a nightmare. A no show and no call twice. Once for measuring and once for actual installation. Have had floors for almost a month with no install yet.

Was very pleased with the customer service including getting advance notice of a sale which caused us to move up the timing of our job. We are in the midst of installation and are hopeful that everything will go well and that we will not have too much excess flooring at completion.

Asked their professional opinion on what floor was hard to scratch because was going in a kitchen and living room and would be good for high traffic and kids. They suggested a bamboo floor that was kinda expensive but we trusted their opinion so we went with it. BAD IDEA. Not to mention they gave us the wrong padding to put under for nailing down that I have pop up nail marks now. Scratches very easily and such high maintenance. Bamboo you cannot get wet we found out... I did say kitchen floor. Disgusted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

My dealings with your store were excellent. Staff were kind, courteous and very helpful in every regard. Would go there again. They took the time to recommend a very good product which looked great when installed. I will definitely recommend Lumber Liquidators to all my friends and relatives.

I tried to call a number of times and was told they were busy and they would call back later but never did. That was quite frustrating. I would call back a day or two later. I had also ordered a part and they said they would call when it came in. They didn't.

We had picked out a type of laminate that we didn't like after we got it home. Lumber Liquidators took it all back, refunded us, and we bought another type that is now installed and wonderful. I would advise anyone who is looking into flooring to look at what they have and know they will back their products.

I ordered Bamboo flooring over the phone and it was a smooth transaction. I would definitely order or buy from them again. They are very professional and they know what they are talking about. They are very helpful with loading the product into your vehicle also.

What a wonderful experience my wife & I had with the professionals that work at Lumber Liquidators. The KOA Bella Wood product is fabulous and looks great installed. We will look to LL the next time we are in needs of flooring and would recommend them to others!!

We have been dealing with Steven & Vanessa. Both are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly yet business-like. Our floor goes in the day after tomorrow and we have ordered more flooring to be put in after this one. Vanessa handled a bit of an issue for us about delivery from another store. It was resolved beautifully. Steven sold us the wood in the first place and was very patient with us while we picked his brain and our own making a decision. Thank you both for a great experience.

SO the shopping experience was if you had questions they were glad to help, give you examples and explain the installation process. There was no hard sales pitch or upsell pitch, they pretty much sold you on what you were looking at and allowing you the time to make that decision. I appreciated the lesser sales pitch and let us just walk around and get a feel for what we wanted to settle on. They helped us with the credit portion, more installation instruction or best advice, call if we needed anything, and assisted us with loading. We would highly recommend and the best part we got BAMBOO hardwood looking flooring for under $3 a sq ft. Less than half the price for the same stuff elsewhere or the same stuff for a lesser quality material. THANK YOU.

I had bad experiences with my purchase. My delivery was week and half late. I need to get 7 more boxes and drive 45 minutes to other locations, bring material home next day my contact open box and find out store give me wrong flooring. Drive 60 miles to get right floors, order doorstep and received wrong again. End up waiting for right door strap to deliver. Overhaul. I wish I never have to go through all this. I own 10 apartment and have flipping house business. I try not to come back to you guys for any more business. Very unreliable customer service and in store employees don't listen.

Very nice red oak hardwood flooring. Installer pleased with the condition of wood, i.e. straight pieces and well-finished. Only four stars because there were more than a few pieces which were almost black -- could not use those in flooring without disrupting the beautiful flow. We are extremely pleased with the personnel at Lumber Liquidators. They are professional and knowledgeable and personable--good job!!!

I'm very pleased with our 3 1/4 inch Millrun Hickory flooring. It's beautiful! My only suggestion would be to add 15-20 percent overage. We had quite a few of the longer pieces with bad places in them. Some looked like water spots, and others had tongues broken off the edges, etc. Otherwise, I love the look of the flooring.

I paid cash and returned 1 bundle of oak flooring and was told that corp. would send me a check. I paid cash. I want cash back. I had to pre-pay my order to get. They would not accept a check when it came in. They wanted it paid upfront. I have to wait for my refund. Not good customer service.

The lady ordered me the wrong product. Then since I waited an extra week the client said they would use the wrong wood. Then when I complained to the manager he said he would see what he could do and to give him a couple of days. Two weeks later he called and said he would call me back soon and I hadn't heard from him since. This order was place in March and it's the middle of May. I have the poor service videotaped from the lady at the counter trying to cover up her mistake. Then every time go to the store I'm there for at least 3 hours. A few times I was in the front and back of the store helping customers cause she was stressed out by herself.

The staff at the Lee's Summit, MO location are courteous, knowledgeable, professional and funny. It is refreshing to have good customer service. Keep it up. I really enjoy my bamboo floors. Excellent product and at an exceptional price. Way to go!

Purchased wood in 6/14 and since then had nothing but problems. Wood was chipping and their customer service failed to respond until almost 3 years later! They only offered me a box of wood. Don't use their product or company!

There were 3 people who helped me and the 3rd one was the one who did everything but I can't remember his name - he was fantastic. Kim and Charlie were extremely pleasant and helpful too and all 3 were very kind to my very large St. Bernard. Great service, great price on the flooring (hardwood white oak 3/4 by 2 1/4) and just an overall fantastic experience - thank you so much; I will be back.

Replacing the entire flooring in your home can be very stressful, however, Lumber Liquidators of Hickory NC made the process stress free! They answered my numerous questions, helped me understand the install process, and followed up to make sure I was 100% happy. Not only were all the employees at Lumber Liquidators extremely knowledgeable and helpful, the installers did an amazing job! We are doing a major home remodel and Watson Installers/FNJ Installers have been the best installers we have had. They were quick, professional, and thoroughly cleaned upon the completion of the job. Our new bamboo flooring is our favorite part of our home! If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Thank you Lumber Liquidators of Hickory NC and Watson Installers/FNJ Installers, I could not be more grateful!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased 2 ¼” raw oak from Lumber Liquidators and they did good. The sales reps were very professional and very helpful. They even provided me with a few little samples so I could match up the floors as best as possible. They were upfront and honest. When they told me my stuff would be there, it was there. And if we had a problem, they were able to locate the material from another store and we’re able to resolve any issues like that. Also, the cost is a little more affordable and the installation of the product has been good. We've done the SnapLock and it's a little bit of nailed down but for the most part, the installation is fairly simple. I’ve used Lumber Liquidators before and the quality of their flooring is good. I haven’t had any issues and I'd recommend them.

Remodeled our first floor last year and was so happy with this we decided to do the master. Next year, hope to do the 3 bedrooms upstairs. We get so many compliments. It's easy to maintain and just makes a statement.

Wonderful customer service, great knowledge of products and great prices. Gus took wonderful care of us as we had a bit of an issue with our order. He was quick at fixing the problem and great customer service! Thanks! Our floors look amazing.

I was very pleased with my experiences. Sales representative was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to use Lumber Liquidators again. I will recommend your company to my friends and anyone I come in contact with who is looking for a company who has the knowledge and salesmanship such as your company. Thanks for the opportunity to work with such a friendly staff.

The flooring itself was beautiful. The customer service at the Greensburg PA store was the worst. The man who waited on me was very rude and treated me like I was incompetent. I called the store first thing that Saturday morning to let them know what time I would be in to pick up my order and the man on the other end was very short with me and wondered why I called. I had a message the day before saying my order was in and to call before picking up so I was just following instructions.

When I got there the guy printed out papers for me to sign and was very rude when I asked what lines I needed to sign on. Then when he said I needed to buy transfer strips and molding and I said no, he said "you need that stuff. Obviously you never installed a floor before." I just ignored the comment because we were using the old trim since it is a 1900's home and wanted to keep some of the original woodwork. Then he asked what type of vehicle I had and I said that black car out there. He got really rude and said "that's not going to fit. Don't you know what you ordered." I measured before bringing my car and I knew the 5 boxes were going to fit. So I told him it would fit and he laughed at me and said "whatever you think" and proceeded out to the garage to get my flooring.

When I tried to look at the boxes to make sure it was the correct stuff he shoved the sign off form in my hand and said "sign" and I said "not until I look at it." He gave me an attitude and said "the upc is right there on the end, it's the right stuff." When I got home and unloaded the boxes the one box had a red sticker saying delivery damage that was partially ripped off. A couple of the boards' tongues were damaged but I was so upset with the terrible customer service that I just let it go. It would have been worth paying shipping not to deal with such miserable employees.

We ordered Bellawood engineered hardwood for our entire upstairs. Looks great. The problems we had were, that it took way too long to get our special order flush wood vent covers. Took over 40 days to come in and the installers had to come out a second time because they came in a week after the installation date. Extra work had to be done because LL did not have the right size vent covers so installer had to trim them to make them fit snug.

We also did not have the correct size transition piece between our living room and dining room. The piece was not long enough and could not be ordered any longer so had to reuse the old one we had before. LL not great at any customization. Also ran out of wood and another box had to be ordered. Poor planning on part of the head installer guy and when there were problems, never saw him after initial day of install. The installer who actually did the work had to always give us the bad news of things not ordered correctly, delay on vents, wrong size, not enough wood ordered. Felt bad for him because it made it difficult to get his work done and then have to face the customer.

Service was excellent. The wood was a perfect match with our existing furniture in our master suite. We chose a hickory wood which the sale person recommended. Great experience with Lumber Liquidators. The contractors arrived on schedule and left us with all furniture back in place and clean.

It's taken me over three months to finally install the floor (engineered bamboo flooring - supreme bamboo) in my bedroom. My son is enjoying this project. He likes the color and look of the floor. It feels nice to walk on too. Really happy with this purchase. Yay for the one box I needed.

We ordered a box of engineered hardwood that had to be shipped from Wisconsin to Traverse City. The package was suppose to arrive in days. After 2-3 weeks I started to worry and called to check on my order. They said the package was send to an address that vaguely resembles mine but on the other side of the state. They said they would look into what happened.

I called them back later that afternoon (they didn't call me) and they said the package was destroyed on its way to the wrong address and was returned to the Wisconsin store. However, the Wisconsin store "deleted the email" that contained the order information and didn't remember where the order came from. So, we don't know where this wood is suppose to go, OH WELL!!! The local guys corrected the issue right away. And to be fair, I've always liked the local shop - very helpful. Just wondering how something like this could happen without any sort of follow up. What if I didn't call?

Lumber Liquidators Company Profile