Call toll free
4.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3387 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I'm preparing to retire and the floors were ungodly. It was carpet and it was gross. It was a park model home so, it's small. I talked to the rep of Lumber Liquidators on the phone. Then I went in and talked to them then bought my product. Then, I called back and they lowered the price. And each time, they were very nice too. They were the very best people ever. My floor looks good. I'm happy with the product and it's great. I love it and I'm very pleased. So I'm happy all around. Lumber Liquidators is a great company and you cannot beat the price.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Lumber Liquidators is great. I looked around a lot but because of Lumber Liquidators' availability and price, I purchased bamboo from them. Their reps were friendly, courteous and very helpful. They made sure that I was picking the right product for the application. I did the installation myself and working with it was fine. I have more floors that I have to do, and I’ll be going back to Lumber Liquidators because its value is remarkable. My experience is good and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased a Morning Star Strand Bamboo flooring from Lumber liquidators three years ago. We aired out the bamboo for several weeks in the space before installation. Even longer than the recommended time. Our installer followed all instructions given. Soon after installation, cracks began to appear in the flooring. The installer decided more spacers must be needed. He installed several. The cracks continued to worsen, appearing all throughout the floor. It pulled away from all the walls, the spacers bowed and pulled apart leaving gaping holes. After having the floors repaired four or five times with absolutely no resolve, we filed a complaint with Lumber Liquidators. They informed us that it was due to moisture levels in our house and gave us a $500 credit. This did nothing and the cracks continue.

Then we found out that there is a national lawsuit throughout the United States and that the flooring itself is actually defective. Lumber Liquidators knew this at the time of our complaint and still refused to acknowledge that the floors need replacing. They have not stood behind their product in any way nor have they made any effort to correct the problem for us. To this moment, we have cracks all over our flooring. It is wildly unacceptable and embarrassing. Our house that we completely remodeled and poured a lot of money into looks absurd. We could not be more disappointed with Lumber Liquidators or their profoundly poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

A friend of mine told me that Lumber Liquidators had the type of flooring that I was looking for. I got an industrial bamboo flooring from them. Their representatives me helped out. They showed me all the type of flooring and the type of glues that they had. They were really good about answering my questions and with the information about everything. Go check Lumber Liquidators out.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We use Lumber Liquidators quite a bit and we’ve been satisfied. Their representatives were very helpful. We were doing a total renovation, and we purchased hardwood flooring from them. The quality is great and it was at a good cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I was remodeling the house that I bought and I got black oak pre-engineered hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators. Their sales reps were good and helpful. The flooring has good quality and its cost was a lot better than expected. I did the self-install, and according to my contractor, the flooring was pretty easy to work with. But Lumber Liquidators should tell people about putting a polyurethane on the top of the flooring to protect it. I didn't know anything about that, and somebody else recommended to throw a coat of polyurethane because I have a child and kids like toys on the floor.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The sales rep at Lumber Liquidators was nice and I ended up purchasing hardwood flooring from them. The cost was not too high and not too low. They tried to sell something other than the main thing I want to purchase, but the price is so high compared to market price, so I didn’t buy it there. I did the installation myself and the product was not too bad for installations. But the flooring has low quality. The tile keeps slipping and it's not tight.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I didn’t have any issues or anything negative coming from Lumber Liquidators' employees during the process of them getting my lumber. Everything was an extremely positive experience. If I were to go somewhere else and get the same product, I would probably spend another $200. I only floored a small room, but I would have easily spent $200+ more dollars for a less superior product. The quality of the wood that I got from Lumber Liquidators was great. It was what I needed and wanted, and it worked out perfectly. I self-installed the lumber and the process was simple as can be. I’d recommend Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

When I was remodeling the whole kitchen and the living area, I changed the flooring into hardwood and did it through Lumber Liquidators. They had good pricing that I found online than they were offering in store. The shipment didn’t arrive for almost two weeks after the scheduled date but it was not their fault since they had to face the weather. Also, I had to first get wood, then I had to return some of that, and I returned a couple other things and they were very helpful all along. I got a good deal. I wanna thank that particular place for their help.

Hello Rashid,

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We had a pleasant experience with LL and I’d deal with them again. The sales reps were nice and great to deal with. They went out of their way to try to help us. It wasn’t just “here’s your money, here’s your tiles, see you later.” I hired a tile guy I knew to install some tiles in our living room, dining room, and hallway and even though the installation was not as good as I had hoped (I’m having a second team come in and replace some of it), we like the quality of the tiles and the cost is excellent.

Hello Louis,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I called during Cyber Monday to take advantage of the sales. I typically get a number of estimates before I make a decision. I was told there would be a $25.00 charge just to have someone come out and measure. Other contractors didnt charge. Within 5 minutes I was charged and told someone would be calling me to make an appointment. Days later I have still not heard from Lumber Liquidators. After calling and being on hold 30 minutes I learned they go thru subcontractors... I raised my issue with the regional sales rep located in Richmond Va... My area is Beltsville Md. First I was told...I couldn't be reached then put on hold again only to be redirected back into the calling queue. The sales guy in Richmond still hasn't called back with a resolution as to when someone can measure and give an estimate. ZERO BELIEF THEIR WORK IS ANY BETTER THAN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The original carpet in two of the bedrooms in my house was due to go and I had Lumber Liquidators install ¾” Bellawood Hardwood. A young guy and his younger brother came to install it and they were both good. There are no marks on and everything seems good with the install. I was happy with it LL. Our interaction with the sales rep was all good as well, but something got a little screwed up with the initial estimate and we didn’t get enough material. It all worked out in the end and the job got done. We had to make the other trip back up because of some of the mistake and LL gave us a little deal on the last bit of the lumber. Everybody in there was helpful and I got a fair price.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I don't know if the Brazilian Cherry flooring I ordered is a good product or not because I've yet to received it. I ordered it 15 days ago (as of today). The salesman told me a week to get the product, 5 more days to acclimate in my residence before installing. Today I got an email from Lumber Liquidators saying my order had been "processed" and that one out of six items was "in transit". Really? I called the store and another salesman told me my salesman may have mistakenly assumed that the flooring and other products were in a warehouse somewhere in stock. The salesman then said he had other customers (that hadn't paid thousands of dollars yet) that he had to help and asked if he could call me back in a little while. I said sure. He never called back. Try a more reputable company that caters to customer service.

Hello Ian,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

It was much cheaper going with Lumber Liquidators. We bought one box of flooring from them and they were very informative. The sales rep knew what he was talking about. I installed the flooring myself with glue. It was my first time ever doing flooring and I was surprised how easy it was. The flooring exceeded my expectations based on the price.

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate the compliments to our staff. Our goal is to provide product knowledge and stellar service to our customers. Again thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your project needs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I’ve purchase new floors and installation through Lumber Liquidators. When the estimated came I already had buckling floors and said I’ll pay whatever it takes to fix this. He gave a quote and estimate I paid it and a week after installation the same thing. The installer didn’t speak English so I could not communicate during installation with him. The supervisor was none existent. Now I have floors that are buckled again and they are pointing the finger to moisture. I had a moisture inspector come in a general contractor come in and both have a report to poor installation. With all of this Lumber Liquidators assigned a customer care specialist who does not call or return emails. This company does not stand by their product, policies, or promises they advertise on their site.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Lumber Liquidators had the best financing option. I bought hickory hardwood flooring from them and their sales reps were helpful. My husband did the installation, and there were some boards that were twice as wide than some of the other ones, but that was minimal so it was fine. So far, I love the flooring. We also have a massive Great Dane and I noticed the other day that she would scratch parts, but the flooring seems to be holding up pretty well with her.

Hello Tricia,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience. You can send before and after pictures to our gallery online at http://remodel.lumberliquidators.com/?WT.ad=GLOBAL_HEADER_Remodeland receive a bottle of free floor cleaner.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Lumber Liquidators is a relatively local store here, and I happened to stop in and looked at their products and talked with their salespeople there. They were very informative and very helpful, and it was a great experience. We also checked around for price and Lumber Liquidators' price was very good. We bought some flooring and some tongue and groove pine interior walls. Their reps went way out of their way to help me load the materials, and we bought quite a bit. They were very nice people to deal with. We’re very happy with the quality of our new flooring. Everybody that sees the finish product is impressed with it also. We're very well satisfied with Lumber Liquidators.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for sharing your shopping experience. We strive to provide the best customer experience and your positive feedback will allow us to continue providing stellar service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The brief experience we had with LL was enough to last us a lifetime. It was West Palm Beach store on Shawnee and the two that we dealt with are Sarah and Julia. Not only did we get conflicting statements and very few returned phone calls. The good customer service was non-existent. We purchased the product in Lincoln Nebraska and they filled the order in West Palm Beach Florida. They sent out an installer to give us a bid on what it would cost to install. We agreed with the price and signed the contract. Upon arriving in Florida the installers were scheduled to start on Friday November 16th. They took one look and started jacking up the prices.

We called the store and they talked to the installer back and forth back and forth back and forth. After several phone calls from us to the store and them not returning phone calls over time and time again we finally called one last time to let them know that I was going to dispute the charges as we were not getting anywhere with them and their installers leaving us high and dry. Without any word from them they refunded the full amount except for a high-priced delivery charge of $235.

After reading all these reviews, I am so glad that we did not go with Lumber Liquidators for the install. Maybe it's just Floridians. The people treated us very well in Lincoln Nebraska that sold us the product. I don't know how they stay in business treating customers with rudeness and poor installations and installers that don't know what they're doing and immediately start jacking up the price when they come to install. Bad deal all the way around but we have learned our lesson and never will darken Lumber Liquidators. Sarah and Julie need customer service training.

Hello Judy,

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I needed something to match what I already had so I got wood floors from Lumber Liquidators. Their rep found the flooring, went to go pick it up, and loaded it up in my vehicle. My husband did the installation and it didn't have a backing on it like the previous floor had. It was a little more difficult than the other. We had to get a separate type of glue for it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Years ago, we purchased some flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Pennsylvania on a home that we purchased and had been remodeling. This time, we chose Lumber Liquidators for the price. My husband did his research and the representatives answered any of our questions. They were very helpful. They even helped us load it onto our truck. So that was good. Then at one point after we installed, we needed some extra pieces of trim and they ordered it and got it in quickly. Everything was good.

We chose a bamboo flooring and we also bought their own nail gun that they sell there. It‘s a second home for us and my husband is the contractor. He is excellent in installing and he did it himself. It’s now been a few months and right now, it looks absolutely beautiful. The wood was gorgeous. Hopefully, nothing occurs in the future where it warps or anything like that. But at this point, we’re very satisfied. We got very nice wood at a very reasonable price.

Hello Margret,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you being a returned customer. Bamboo is one of our ECO friendly products that looks, feels, and performs like hardwood. You can send before and after pictures to our gallery online at http://remodel.lumberliquidators.com/?WT.ad=GLOBAL_HEADER_Remodel and receive a bottle of free floor cleaner.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We purchased 1300 feet of Morning Star Bamboo From Lumber Liquidators. Also paid for them to install. Paid 9600.00 dollars for everything. About ten months later our floors are awful, buckled and cupped out. Suppose to have a one year warranty on installation. When I contacted them they insisted that it was because of the installation and informed me I should have read the installation instructions until I informed them their people install it. They very quickly change to it was a moisture problem. This is their way of trying to get out of their warranty. I tried to get some answers by calling them. They would always say we would talk to the installer and send him out to check out the floor.

Finally he called me and said he would be out the next morning by 8:30 at 9:30. I called lumber liquidators. They would not answer the phone. About 5 minutes later I get a call from the installer saying he was running late (he was not coming if I had not called). He finally showed up to check out the floor. Before he left he said I would not be surprised if we don't get a new floor. Next I have to send a bunch of photos and file a claim.

After all this they inform me they were going send a third party inspector out to look at my floors. He came out and after just a few minutes he told me that there was several installation problems along with some moisture problems. He said the bamboo should never been install. He ask me didn't they talk to me about this. I told him they (Lumber Liquidators and the installer) never checked the moisture content. I was with them the whole time they were here. If they had told me I would not have installed the bamboo. After all this they informed me that the installer would come out and fix my floor. I talk to the installer on Thursday. He said he would go by the store and get some bamboo and would be out the following week to allow the bamboo to be aculating. This has been 4 weeks Ago and I still have not heard back from him.

I called customer care at Lumber Liquidators and was told by my claim person that this had been way too long and she was going to talk to her supervisor that day and would call me back. It has been over a week and I still have not heard back from them. This flooring problem has been going on for about 4 months. I have buckled and cup out floors I have broken molding two of my doors will not open. It is a problem where if we had a fire in the house my daughter might not be able to get out and they know this and they don't care. Please stay away from Lumber Liquidators. Also if you have problems and can't believe that this is true go to Morning Star Bamboo website and read the reviews on their site there are thousands of cases just like mine. Please spread the word and make them start caring about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We purchased a slight distressed strained bamboo floor from Lumber Liquidators. We liked the price and the sales representative was helpful. He did everything we needed him to do and then some. The only time that he didn't help me out was when he was in the store by himself. He did very well being by himself but they were very busy for there to only be one sales rep there. Otherwise, it was a good experience. The pick up was also fine. Our order came in early so we got to go get it a few days early. But it was absurd that we had to go half a mile all the way around the building to get back to your vehicle. You can't go through the building. They said it was safety reasons but that was very frustrating.

I had the flooring installed in six rooms and a hallway in less than a week. The only complaint we really have with the product is if anything get spilled on it, you pretty much have to mop the entire floor. Otherwise, you can see where something has spilled even after you've cleaned it up with a dry towel and then water. It leaves like a film. That part of the floor would be shiny and the rest of it kinda dull. And it is supposed to be a dull look. Also, it scratches a little easier than we saw. But it still doesn't scratch near as bad as actual hardwood and other than those, It's a decent flooring.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We redid our bathroom and our builder recommended us to go to Lumber Liquidators. There were lots of available choices in the showroom but we got a guy to help us make our decision. We had our re-modeler install it and the only thing they commented on, because they were having to kludge it with the tile floor in the bathroom next to it, was that it was wider than some standard hardwood. They had a problem with getting it to fit right. Other than that, the flooring is nice-looking. We chose it because of its hardiness and we wanted it to last. Overall, we had a good experience, the price was good, and it looks good.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide customers with the best product knowledge when choosing a floor. You can send before and after pictures to our gallery online at http://remodel.lumberliquidators.com/?WT.ad=GLOBAL_HEADER_Remode and receive a bottle of free floor cleaner.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Our home had carpet and the previous owners had pets, so there was a smell. I wanted to get rid of that and go with a hardwood floor. I got bamboo hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators, and my experience was good. Their rep was really good as well. He gave me recommendations. I told him what the room was like, and he helped me pick something out that would look like it would match. I enjoyed it.

I love my new flooring. My brother and I installed it, and it was easy. The cost compared to its quality is great. It was by far the cheapest flooring I found that was decent, and it looks great in my living room. I would definitely be going back to Lumber Liquidators any time I need flooring. You should go there and speak to the same representative I spoke to. It’s definitely worth the money, and the flooring is fairly simple to install.

Hello Franciszek,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate the compliments to our staff. Bamboo is an excellent product that comes in several unique styles, stains, and textures. Our goal is to provide the best product knowledge and service to our customers. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Although buying the product was easy, the installation service was a failure. The estimator and installers failed to account for the height factor between the new floor and the tile entrance way to the room. Subsequently they left a one inch difference between floor heights and the transition strips installed left a significant trip/Safety Hazard. It looks like the dining room floor has dropped. The worst part is the lack and failure of response to my requests for resolution from Lumber Liquidators (customer care/store/ installer management, etc). I have made numerous requests for them to fix to the Safety Hazard but to no avail. E-mail and phone calls get the same non-response. Finger pointing at responsibility to respond to my request for results is a merry-go-round within the LL organization. It is apparent that their Customer /Consumer care and Warranty is of no value. Buyer Beware! Buy elsewhere where they value your business.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Our friend used Lumber Liquidators, so we decided to go with them. We bought bamboo hardwood floor and Lumber Liquidators' reps were all really nice and pretty informative. They seemed like they knew what they were doing and they were really helpful in loading up the truck. The product is heavy but was easy to install, too. We're two women and we were able to install it ourselves, so that's saying a lot. Also, the flooring has good quality for the money that we purchased it for. But I wouldn't get the product again. It warped badly with water and it has been less than a year since we got it. So, we're unhappy about that. We would have to rip everything up and reinstall it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I always liked the variation of colors on the product of Lumber Liquidators. Also, my wife liked their product, so I bought engineered bamboo floor from them. I got a 5-star service from their reps. It was quick and they helped me with whatever I needed. But the flooring I installed in our house had problems. Sometimes, it's popping up in some parts of the floor because it's not glued in. It just goes together as click-lock and in some parts, it feels like it's not attaching very well. So, I had to nail it up to make it more secure and more tied to the floor. Other than that, the floor is looking good so far and the color is great. The cost was not bad, too, although it was a little expensive because it's bamboo quality.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We are selling our house after a renovation. Lumber Liquidators came and installed new flooring in our master bedroom. It was fine at first but after a month, it started blowing up and has now separated and looks terrible and dangerous to walk on. We have spoke to the store and corporate about this with no fix. We have people looking at the house almost every day since it’s on the market. We have placed a sign on the floor letting people know who installed the floor and who not to use again.

Hello Brandon,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We bought hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and their rep was very helpful. But when we went back to go get more board for the floors I knew that they had fired the guy who helped us. Nevertheless, the flooring has been really good. Once we put the floors down in the rooms that we initially purchased for, we liked it so much. We bought more and put it throughout the house. I love it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We have had this flooring in our living room and hallway around a year and it wasn’t no time that the edges began to break, it’s buckling, and separating. My floors looked much better with the cheap flooring I had down prior. I’m disgusted! I went with a higher grade, waterproof material that was recommended. Now I’m out over a grand and my floors look worse than before! Never again!!!

Hello Patti,

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information