Call toll free
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3345 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Our son had used Lumber Liquidators before. We bought a new home and we purchased hardwood from them. Their sales representative was great. We explained what kind of color variation we wanted, and it was easy to find what we were looking for. The quality of the flooring is great.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I just bought a new house and I was so excited to get this product installed. To my surprise once my contractor out the wood down, I found all types of cracks, holes and blemishes in the wood. I spent 3K+ for this wood so this is unacceptable. I’m seconds away from going on a Twitter and blasting this company for what I am going through. I just got the wood put in today. Please help and make things right.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I fell in love with the porcelain tile that looks like wood flooring that I saw on Lumber Liquidators' website. I chose the color Brazilian Ebony. I brought the picture to the store and bought that tile and said I wanted that matching grout. I had my contractors install the tile and loved it. While one installer was installing the tile on the second floor and office, I was told not to walk on the tile until it was dry. In the meantime the other contractor was grouting the downstairs installed dried tile.

Not until a few hours later was I able to walk on the tile on the second floor and go downstairs to see that the grout in the living room and dining room was the wrong color. it was too light, not like the picture I showed the salesman I had bought the tile and grout of whose expertise I had relied on. I tried calling LL and they were already closed. I called the next day first thing in the morning and reached corporate office since the phone line was down at the local LL store. I explained what had happened to a Customer Care Representative named Joelle. She asked me to send pictures, which I did to her email.

The pictures clearly showed that the grouted tile did not match the picture of the finished flooring I had showed the salesman who I had relied on to get my order right when I originally purchased the tile and grout. In the meantime my contractor told me to remove the wrong grout would cost $600 cash! When Joelle from LL called me back I told her of this fact. She said it was my responsibility to have noticed that the grout was the wrong color. I told her that I was stuck in my bedroom while the tiles were drying outside my bedroom, and that the grout was laid in 45 minutes. By the time I was able to walk on the tile and go downstairs to see that I was sold the wrong grout, it was too late! She said she could reimburse me the cost of the grout.

That's not going to cover the $600 to remove the wrong grout that I was wrongly sold. She said as good faith she would also credit my Visa card back $200. Not $600. Where is the $400 going to come from. It is their Lumber Liquidators error not mine nor my contractor. Why should I be out $400? Judging from the other reviews, Lumber Liquidators finds ways out of warranties. Joelle also told me that my tile was laid wrong, and is not under the 50 year warranty as I was lead to believe and was one of the reasons for spending over $2,200.00 on this investment. Very disappointed and would not recommend. Still seeking satisfaction. Asked to speak to a supervisor and a Sandra called me back and would not offer any more than Joelle would. I will go to all avenues of complaints until I receive full restitution.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We are doing a Complete kitchen remodel that included replacing a tile floor with hardwood floor. Once the tile floor was removed I asked the sale people on 2 occasions to send someone out to look at the floor because the floor was not level. I was assured that there would not be a problem and the installers would handle the situation. The install was set (took forever and multiple calls to get and install date) and advised it would take 2 days. Installer shows up and advisers the floor need to be leveled for an additional cost and adding 2 additional days to the installation process... Added cost $1700... We had no choice but to continue the project. If the sales team had followed up as originally requested I could have had the floor leveled in advance and there would have been no problem. Buyer BEWARE... Insist on follow up. Don’t trust their judgment of the situation. This was the Redford Store on Inkster Road.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had a work to finish and my client went to Lumber Liquidators, and looked at their product. He liked it and he purchased from them. I bought prefinished hardwood floors. It is of good quality, and the installation process was easy. The service was amazing, too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The Modesto CA store arranged to come out and have my house measured. We were told they would contact us shortly with how much it would cost. We never heard another word from them. 3 weeks go by, and we were forced to go to a competitor for our flooring. Fast forward a month and I get a 3rd party collections notice from your store billing me for services I never received!

After calling them, they referred me to Kyler who confirmed that they had the wrong number written down. Mind you I didn't get one email, or one piece of mail from your company. He PROMISED me that he would reverse the entire balance due to their screw up, and my credit would be updated. I just got a bill from your company demanding payment for 41.00! Is this how your company operates? I will never trust this company for anything needed for my home, nor will my friends and family after this. This is very shady business practices, and buyers should stay away from this place!

Ms. Marie

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

O'Fallon Missouri store - Product was damage when I pick up the wood floor and had to make a return trip back to get it replace. During the installation process I notice some woods plank was damage too but at this point I just have to deal with it. Not worth making another return trip. Staff was a bunch of ** too and their return policy is **. You have extra unopen bundle of woods left don't bother returning it. Mostly like you won't get a refund. Stick with the big brand retail shop like Home Depot or Lowe's. They know how to treat their customer right and have flexible return policy.

Hello Duc,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I had a decent experience with Lumber Liquidators. I'm an installer and we try to let the customer buy what they want and we've tried to refer them to Lumber Liquidators. Their reps were courteous and gave us what we needed. One time, we ended up buying all they had at one store but it was absolutely terrible. I’ve worked with long strips of bamboo before but this particular floor, which looked gorgeous when we were done, were ground up. They have the mill and they crush that mill together and that becomes a flooring. So, when you finally look at the end of it, it looks like a bunch of straw that were crushed together and when you touch it, a bit of splinter goes right into your finger.

They should make it a real point to tell people what is good and horrible for which case. After we did the installation, it all failed because they were on the water. It cost $18,000 and the house flooded. The owner changed her sofa and refrigerator and got a filter pump back in the house. I've been doing installations for 40 years and it was one of the most nightmarish things I've ever done in my life. But Lumber Liquidators is a good company all in all.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Lumber Liquidators have a lot of choices and their reps are good. I asked them where the bamboo flooring was and they told me. I grabbed the box of flooring, bought it and left. I installed the flooring myself and it was easy. The quality was good and the price seemed to be very good for the quality.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We purchased 3/4"×5" silver oak hardwood flooring. Our contractor installed it the way the salesman said. We let the wood acclimate for 10 days then installed the vapor barrier and then the flooring. Within 3 weeks the floors started cupping. $4000.00 dollars of hardwood is a little much to have to eat when you won't stand behind your product.

Hello Becky,

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Do not allow installers in your home without security present! Here is my experience. I called Lumber Liquidators for wood flooring installation. They sent a person to measure room in my house, we agreed on laying the flooring in a certain direction, adding trim once installed and painting the trim. Person agreed to everything but said there would be a charge to paint trim. I agreed to pay the charge. When estimate came room was measured at 20% larger than I had expected. Called them about this and was told they are professional and know they are doing. I should have ran at this point but went with it.

Installation team comes out to do the installation and does not want to lay flooring or paint trim as agreed. When we questioned this installers became angry and started yelling and slamming doors of my house. My wife had to go hide in another room and lock the door. I confronted the installers and their supervisor called me. I told him either install as we agreed and act professional or leave. He apologized and promised they would do as we agreed.

Later in the day installation team says they are done. We look at the room and installers ignored everything we had agreed and had installed flooring as they wanted. Not surprising there was a lot of extra material as they measured the room to be bigger than it really was. I told them it was not done correctly and needed to be fixed. They said "that is all we are going to do" packed up and left!

Since you are forced to prepay before the work there is little you can do about any of this. Scam in measuring rooms bigger than they really are. Intimidating you by yelling and slamming things. Installing as they want and then walking out. Is hard to challenge since they do install a floor. End result is you pay more than you should because room is measured bigger than it is. They install as they want, not as you want or agree and if you challenge them you may fear for your safety in your own home.

I have tried for almost two months calling and emailing local store and Lumber Liquidators installation line that I called to initiate the installation. They say they will look into it and get back to me but do not. After a few weeks have stopped responding to my emails. Please avoid this company. Maybe ok to pay a little more than you should for a floor and have it installed different than you requested. But your family should never feel threatened in their own home. These people will know where you live and the layout of your home, not good to upset unstable people that have this information.

Hello James,

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We love the quality of the hardwood floors we got from Lumber Liquidators. I've seen Lumber Liquidators' commercial and went to the one over in Columbia, Missouri where we made the deal. The representatives were really helpful and knowledgeable. Knowing that hardwood floors aren’t truly waterproof, they told us to buy the glue for them, and I didn’t know that until they told us. So, we purchased all that with the floors. Lumber Liquidators' prices are fair, too. I'll purchase from them again in the future if need be.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I bought some Morning Star Bamboo Flooring from Lumber Liquidators. We liked the hardwood look and the style of that particular flooring was attractive to us. We looked into a few other places and found that Lumber Liquidators was the best choice for us. Everybody was nice and courteous. The reps were very knowledgeable in everything that they explained to me so I was pretty pleased with that. I installed everything myself and the flooring laid down really nice. But I had to glue down that particular product and the glue was a little expensive. But the flooring itself was priced good. So definitely go look at Lumber Liquidators' selection.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Placed flooring 5 1/2 years ago. Color is coming off in several locations. We are only 2 people and 1 dog and remove shoes at door. LL sent "independent" contractor to look at floor and says all my fault. This company does all the inspections for LL, so much for independent inspection. I am hiring someone to reinspect floor. LL had the nerve to tell me I HAD to use a specific certification inspector so they get off the hook because they use them all of them. I'm sure very often because their product is so poor. Their inspection report said my cleaning method ruined the floors. I use lightly moist microfiber and no standing water after wiping. They reported that I use a wet mop, which I do not. They also said I didn't have gutters and downspouts, which I have.

Obviously inspector has vision problems. Cupping is supposedly from low humidity. Ha. Scratches everywhere. They are willing to do nothing. The floor was gorgeous when put down, but doesn't hold up. Take your money and buy good flooring. You are not saving money if you have to rip the floor up in 5 years and it will not last more than 5 years. The 30 year warranty is useless because they find an excuse why they are not responsible. This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Their strand bamboo is such poor quality.

Hello Sharon,

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Spent over $4000 on flooring and won't take back $500 worth of unopened boxes because I am a few days over their 30 day return policy. I didn't even want the extra but they convinced me to buy more in case I needed it and now I am stuck. Home Depot and Lowe's don't screw people like this. Very pissed off.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Lumber Liquidators was referred by a friend of ours. We went in. Their rep was very helpful, gave us some samples, told us the pros and cons of different types of wood, and helped us make our selection. We purchased some wood for our stairs. We love its quality, and we like its durability and color. The only thing was they gave us the referral of their contractor, and I couldn’t even get the person to call me back. Still, I'm happy with my experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was doing a small project in the house and I purchased a single bundle from Lumber Liquidators. The sales reps were nice, smart and they gave me advice. It was a nice interaction. I liked the quality of what I bought. It was pretty, thick and durable. I was only getting one box and the price was reasonable. I was sitting at Home Depot for about an hour and I decided to go someplace that has more than three different options. It was nice to have a one stop shop for a bunch of different options.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I like the quality of the floors I bought from Lumber Liquidators. It’s good. It was easy to work with the product, and its cost was good as well.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased some engineered wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators and everything was fine, from the initial visit and deciding what we wanted to the purchasing and picking up. It looks great, but it gets marked relatively easy from moving some of the appliances around. Luckily, the floor was finished so I was able to fix those areas and I know going forward to take better precautions.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought 4,000 square feet of grade two red oak from Lumber Liquidators and the process with the sales rep was very easy and smooth. I knew that I can get it a little bit cheaper at that time period but they grade it based on what it looks like to them and sometimes by the stock. It was my first purchase from Lumber Liquidators but I've already gotten grade two red oak once before and the quality of the flooring I got this time is good. I installed all of the flooring and it wasn’t hard as I’ve done it before. Even though it’s cheaper, the pieces weren’t as long or uniform so that made it a little bit harder to install. Yet it looks really nice. It’s not to everyone’s taste probably because it’s not as uniform as the higher grades but I like it better. It’s more visually interesting even though it’s a lower grade. I used a hard wax on it and it looks really good with it. It definitely looks more rustic and it’s unique. So, the overall end product is almost better in a way.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I've shopped with Lumber Liquidators two or three times and the most recent one was solid wood bamboo flooring. I had carpet and I wanted to replace it with hardwood. I wanted to have it quick and I wanted to have a look at what was available. First, I checked the website which was fine. I could see the discounts and I found the product that I was interested in. It was not on the display, so that was kind of a little bit of a problem, and it was not even in the showroom. But when I told the rep the product number, we looked it up on the computer, I showed him my printout from the web, and he found some samples for me in the storage. Also, I was offered the discounts without me asking for it. All of the comments were very helpful and we put together the order.

The pricing that I got was very good and it was like $2.50 per square foot. But the installation of the products started at $3 per square foot which was ridiculous. When I called in the installers, they said it was a starting point and it came to something like $5 per square foot which is two times more expensive than the material itself. Also, the delivery was not available instantly, so I had to rent a truck and I delivered it myself, but it was loaded in the Lumber Liquidators store. I called a different installer who did it for me at $1.20 per square foot and we did the installation, which was easy.

The flooring is very good value for money, so I really like it, the quality, and the packaging. We needed some trim and we immediately went to the store. It was not available in one of the stores, but they immediately contacted another store. We went there and picked it up. Overall, my experience was very positive with sales and material. This particular store that I was using was very good and so is the team there. The showroom was not showing all the products, which were available but it was understandable because it's not a big showroom. Lumber Liquidators is a store to check before making a decision where to buy. I'm going to eventually come to this store again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I bought bamboo from Lumber Liquidators for the living room and the stairs of my home. It was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I had a water leak and my flooring buckled in the corner. I purchased some hardwood flooring at Lumber Liquidators and representative was very professional and helpful. My product came in the day they told me it would be there and everything went great. I installed it and the hardest thing I had was getting the old stuff up. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend Lumber Liquidators highly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The flooring we had was messed up and scratched up bad, so we changed them to some engineered hardwood floor from Lumber Liquidators. The sales rep was really good and he did a good job. My biggest thing was choosing, matching, and trying to get the color I want, but Lumber Liquidators helped me out. It's quick and easy to deal with them. It took me 2 days to install the product myself. It's good quality and everything we wanted.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My flooring was destroyed so it was time to update. I purchased laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators during the beginning of the year and their sales rep was very informative and helpful. But I ended up returning the flooring and decided to go with hardwood, which I didn't get from them. But I would go back to Lumber Liquidators and buy other stuff from them if needed. They're very experienced and they can answer any question.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I get different kinds of flooring from Lumber Liquidators all the time for my business and the sales reps there are always nice. Price and quality is what we’re looking for and Lumber Liquidators seem to have it all the time. I installed the floorings myself and it was easy. I would do business with Lumber Liquidators again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Lumber Liquidators is cheaper than other flooring companies, and I've seen their commercial. Also, I looked everywhere for the floor that we needed and couldn’t find it anywhere but there. Their reps were very good and helpful. We bought some bamboo flooring for our kitchen. I really like the color. My husband did the installation and he said it was easy to put together. I had an overall good experience with Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was doing a replacement of the cupboard and I saw that the old hardwood floor needed replacing too. I have heard about Lumber Liquidators for a long time, I just have never gone there. So, the first time I walked in, I was impressed. They have lots of choices and I bought a Red Oak wood flooring. The cost was very good that was why I came back the second and third time. However, sometimes when I go there, there’s no one at the counter. Or if there’s only one person and there’s a customer ahead of me, I have to wait for a long while. Nonetheless, their reps were really friendly and helpful. They gave me information on different kind of wood and advise me when they have a sale and the best time to buy the item. The flooring is excellent and I’m pleased with Lumber Liquidators. I’m very happy with the quality and the price. It’s also easy to return the remaining products that we don’t need which is a very nice thing.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Our flooring was old so we wanted to redo it all. I got bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. The sales representatives showed us what we wanted and what we asked for. They were very helpful and did an excellent job. I did a self-install and the product was very easy to work with. The cost is good for the good quality. Lumber Liquidators did well for us and we’ve referred a couple of other people there already. Go there to get your flooring too.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Install floor looks great but it is delaminating. After one week we found a piece coming apart. Contacted Lumber Liquidators. They sent a pdf on how to cut it out and Glue in a new piece. Now - two more pieces are delaminating in a totally different area.

Hello Larry,

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information