toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

After an unexpected flood that caused us to replace all of our hardwood flooring, we decided to price shop the 2 local big box stores and Lumber Liquidators in Rock Hill, SC. LL beat out the competition hands down! They had much better pricing, a million times better selection, quality service and a sale going on. Jason was a pleasure to work with and handed me my dream floor after asking only 2-3 questions. We were unable to order the floor on the same day but he remembered us 4 days later when we returned to place the order. Our order arrived on the day it was expected, in perfect condition. Our new floors are gorgeous and it didn't cost us an arm and a leg to do it! Thanks guys!

Great customer service and a great floor!!! I would definitely recommend Lumber Liquidators to a friend. I received plenty of one on one attention at the Lorton store and they handled my shipment to NJ seamlessly and were always responsive and knowledgeable of the product and tracking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went with Lumber Liquidators and it was an awesome experience with them. The salesperson and the solid bamboo flooring were great. My husband and son installed the product which was great to work with. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators to a friend and we're going back to them for more.

Worst experience with a flooring company I have ever had. Each person I've talked to tells me something different and tries to charge me for different items I don't need. It has been hell trying to set up an install date, then the installer shows up telling us he can't put in the floors without a vapor barrier which we have proof of him telling us we didn't need it!!! I will NEVER go back here!!!

Erika at the Madison West store was a great help in selecting and ordering our rustic red oak flooring to complement our existing 70 year old oak flooring. The ordering process was straightforward, and Bellawood floor and finish are beautiful. We absolutely love it.

I submitted a warranty claim for one of two bamboo floors that Lumber Liquidators installed in my home. They were courteous and timely in the way they responded to my inquiry. Lumber Liquidators honored the warranty and replaced the floor without fanfare.

We installed Morning Star solid bamboos from Lumber Liquidators using the Mapei 995 glue and procedures recommended and have had warping, cracking and buckling problems. We submitted a request for help which they said would have a response in 48 hours and we are now past 96 hours with no response. Both their product and their support is not at a level a consumer would want. Go to another company if you want someone who provides sound advice and stands behind their product. I will keep this up to date on Lumber Liquidators actions... Hopefully they will do something.

Overall, we are very happy with the flooring - we love it! And the store experience was great too - they were very helpful. However, the delivery was terrible. We were told by the store that the flooring would be delivered at approximately 12-2. After another call back, we were then told 4:00 pm. When 4:30 hit on a Friday evening, and still no floor, we called again and were told they couldn't contact the delivery contractor. Finally, at 5:45 when the floor still hadn't arrived, the store finally agreed to call the delivery service. Well, turns out they weren't planning to deliver the floor that day at all - they were waiting until Monday morning. So, we were late for our Friday evening plans since we were home waiting for the flooring to be delivered. Needless to say, this was the worst $195 I've ever paid for a delivery service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I can't believe you sent this to me as my experience with your Customer Care Department on my bamboo flooring is less than stellar. This case has been going on for three months, please look it up, it's too lengthy to go into here. Bottom line is that Customer Care does NOT care, does NOT respond to emails or phone calls, and does NOT make good on promises. At this time I am waiting (8 days and counting) for the second settlement agreement. I am so tired of fighting with Reginald and Sherese. Please take a look and help me. Next stop is my attorney.

We have dealt several times with Lumber Liquidators in Lutz. It was a pleasure dealing with Josh at the Lutz store. He was so helpful and accommodating. We needed a rush on one of the orders and Josh didn't have it at his store but hooked us up with the Brandon store. The bamboo and tile flooring that we bought and had installed is gorgeous. I might add the prices are very good as well. Thanks Lumber Liquidators for a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The floors of the home we just bought were carpeted but we didn't want the carpet. We then purchased the bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. We like its quality and price was great & right on point. The salesmen seemed to be very good and knowledgeable. There were two boxes that were damaged on delivery but they have told us that we can get those replaced at the point in time that we need to, and so we're looking forward to that. It was my husband who took care of installing the floors. All in all, it was a really good experience.

Purchased unfinished, red oak, select, wood flooring on two occasions. The product was in good condition and the salesmen were very helpful and informative. They informed me to let it sit for at least seventy two hours before installing due to fact wood had to acclimate to house. Pleasant experience. I would recommend to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently purchased engineered flooring from Lumber Liquidators. Its price was comparable with other places that we'd priced out. It's good quality and we’ve not had any problems. It went down easily enough. The Acacia wood that we got is quite hard and so there were some quality issues with the substrate that they bonded it to in that where there should be tongue and groove, there wasn’t always tongue and groove. But that’s a manufacturer issue, not Lumber Liquidators. We also had to return one box left over and there was no problem returning it so that was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a home and needed to remodel so I bought bamboo floors and all the stuff to go with it from Lumber Liquidators. The salesman was great, he explained everything and just made the experience very pleasurable. We installed the flooring ourselves and it was very easy to work with. The only issue is that they come with two different sizes where one box only has the half pieces. Other than that, everything was good and I love the quality so far.

After looking online and chatting with friends and family we were recommended Lumber Liquidators. I am so glad we went to the store and looked around at the various materials and styles. We were stuck between a LVP and Bamboo flooring. We ended up ordering the Bamboo flooring and we are in love with the quality, color, and the install was great. I highly recommend! Great Product and Customer Service.

The store manager Jason ** was very knowledgeable and helpful and professional. I was treated promptly and he was able to answer all of my concerns about warranty and installation and helped me pick out what floor product would be good for my application.

We've been in Lumber Liquidators several times over the last month getting what we needed to finalize our new & old refinish job on our wood floors. Every time we've been in, no matter whom we've worked with they have been knowledgeable, fun and efficient. Thank you - we WILL be back and continue to refer.

I had a pleasant experience. The agent was kind and helpful and added bonus. He remembers my order on every visit. The arrangement is clear and visible. The cleanliness is always intact, with fresh air to breath. I like going there. It makes me want to buy, buy, buy.

My ordering process started off unresponsive with the Redford MI store. I was very disappointed. When I contacted Aaron & Joe at the Ypsilanti store and it was snooze sailing from there. These guys were very knowledgeable about the product and thought of material that even as a contractor, I had not considered. Aaron even stayed late to ensure I received my product on time for my installation. I was very impressed with the Ypsilanti team & will only work with them in the future!!

The ends of some of the flooring in some of the boxes were not finished properly. When brought to the attention of sales representative/manager it was not met with the same enthusiasm that was present when I handed them my $6k. Then upon return of only the unfinished pieces they were refused because I did not re stack them in a box, so I had to return home which is an hour 15 minute drive and return another day with box.

I purchased the antique click strand bamboo floor with Dura Dance foam underlayer for a bonus room remodel and love it. I ordered online and the order was ready for pickup in a few days. I overestimated the amount I needed and was able to return an extra roll of foam and 1 box of bamboo flooring. I was very pleased with Lumber Liquidators!

Absolutely love our new floor - engineered bamboo. So easy to install. Chris and Chris at the store in Salt Lake took great care of us. Sent us many samples, helped with decision of color, friendly when we returned extra boxes. I wish I had another house to floor so I could do more business with them. We will recommend them to everyone we know. Thanks guys!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a kitchen renovation project and I needed some white oak finish. Lumber Liquidators was one of the few companies that carried it. When I walked in the store, the salesperson was with someone but he quickly looked up and said, “Give me a few moments and I’ll be right with you,” which was courteous and cool. It wasn’t very long and I was at the counter. He told me he had exactly what I was looking for. He then explained to me what the return policy was on open boxes, etc. I was fine with that so I signed and I paid for my purchase. I bought one box of 2.25-inch finished white oak. It was a beautiful and great product.

Their guys dug it out and they were very pleasant of that. They were busy but it didn’t seem to matter. The four guys also went out of their way to move a lot of stuff around 'cause they needed a bigger warehouse. But as it turned out, we had some issues and we couldn’t move the kitchen around like we wanted to. Consequently, we didn’t need the oak to weave into the floor so I brought it back. They were so good about everything and it was a wonderful experience. I’m going back to Lumber Liquidators and it’s certainly going to be my first choice.

Researched big box stores and local flooring businesses. Very glad I went to Lumber Liquidators. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the products. The prices were good and quality/selection was excellent. 1400 ft of strand bamboo that I'm still in process of installing and the uniformity and quality of the product is excellent. Would definitely recommend them to a friend and will be back when I'm ready for the rest of the house!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased some engineered flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I like the product quality and the price was fair. I mentioned to their salesperson that I’m a contractor in Idaho and he said that maybe they can get me a better price. So a gentleman from their contractors’ division called me and gave me a little bit of a reduced trade on so I was happy about that. They were very accommodating, good about follow-up with me and they did what they said they were going to do. The form was in when they said it was going to be in. I had it installed and it was simple and fast so I think the installer was happy. Overall, it was a good experience. In fact, I’ve already recommended some people to them.

The wood I picked up from the Lone Tree store is in good shape. The wood I picked up from Denver store had some of the boxes ripped open and wood battered up. We have not installed yet but hoping we have enough wood in good shape to stretch for the job. I was surprised that one of the boxes of wood was not found at the Denver store either but at least I got credit for that.

I received excellent service. I ordered engineered bamboo flooring which came very quickly and they called me the second that it came in. The pickup process was very smooth and easy. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They had the best price for real wood flooring and excellent customer service.

Went to your store in Fairfield NJ. Sales person Chick was very helpful and knows his stuff so I tell him what I need. So we ordered 33 boxes of gunstock oak. Spent 3500.00 dollars and pick it up and open boxes and each box had 3 long pieces and rest were small. So now I have 125 pieces leftover and can't use them. Such a waste of money. Very deceiving. Very unhappy.

Fabulous customer service! Very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and was willing to go the extra mile. The hardwood looked amazing in my living room! Had extra boxes at the end of the job and was able to return them without any questions asked. They even helped me take the boxes out of the car. Would definitely recommend!

Turned all required information 2 weeks ago in and haven't heard back from them. Have called and emailed several times. My floor has buckled up after using the required glue also purchased from them. The product I used was Morning Star Bamboo.

The only reason I did not give five stars is because there was a wider variation in colors from one box to the next. We had to mix the planks up and didn't realize it till we were three boxes in. It is still beautiful, I was just expecting a more consistent tone. It just looks a little more rustic. So far seems to be a good hard finish and no scratches or marks yet.

Just wanted to let you know that I did a lot of looking and looking and even got a few quotes before I purchased my flooring from Lumber Liquidators and I couldn't be happier. Victor at the New Port Richey, FL store was great. We stopped by twice before we actually bought the floors. He helped us each time, no high pressure sales, just information. Unfortunately the day we placed our order, Victor was off. After the install we had some unopened product to return. Once again Victor helped us and was great. I gotten wonderful comments on my floor and I have given Lumber Liquidators and Victor my highest recommendation.

I worked with a delightful and knowledgeable sales person in Wilmington. I believe her name was Maranda. She was incredibly helpful and happily so. I was really impressed with her. Just don't run across sales personnel like her everyday. We were wowed!

Lumber Liquidators Company Profile