Find a Flooring partner

Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

1.8/5 (33 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Find Flooring partners near you

Pros

• Huge selection
    • Price-match guarantee
    • Free samples
    • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
    • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

Top LL Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Verified

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price… it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up t...

Verified

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I ordered it in Hillsborough but I had to go all the way to North Plainfield to get it ‘cause they didn’t have it in stock....

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

What is Lumber Liquidators (now LL Flooring)?

Lumber Liquidators, now known as LL Flooring, is a flooring company that offers laminate, tile, hardwood and vinyl flooring solutions.

• Laminate flooring: LL Flooring’s laminate flooring comes with water-resistant and preattached padding. Laminate flooring is available in many colors and patterns.
    • Vinyl flooring: LL Flooring offers CORELUXE vinyl plank, vinyl tile and porcelain tile with several patterns, styles and colors to choose from.
    • Tile flooring: LL Flooring’s tile comes in porcelain wood look, stone look and quick-click collections.
    • Hardwood flooring: LL Flooring sells multiple types of hardwood flooring, including solid, engineered or unfinished hardwood.

You can shop for LL Flooring products online or at a local showroom. Design consultants will help you in the store, or you can use the website’s “Floor Finder” feature and answer a series of questions to figure out the best options for your needs. You can order up to three samples for $10 with free shipping and get a $10 credit towards your purchase. You can also pick up free swatches at the store.

You can buy flooring online and pick it up with no shipping charges at an LL Flooring store location. The company offers peel-and-stick, glue-down and quick-click options, depending on the material. Some products are designed for easy self-installation, but you can choose professional installation.

LL Flooring partners with local independent contractors nationwide for product installation. A flooring expert from LL Flooring arranges professional installation for you when you purchase your materials if you choose this option. You get an entire project assessment for your home, and the company supports the installation process and ensures that the project is a success. Residential installation comes with one-year limited warranty.

LL Flooring installation cost per square foot

Hardwood flooring from LL Flooring starts at $1.59 per square foot for unfinished pine. Popular stained hardwood, such as engineered oak click-install, starts at $1.98 per square foot. Bamboo flooring starts at $4.39 square foot, and Aquaseal water-resistant laminate starts at $1.38 per square foot. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring prices start at $1.34 per square foot.

The company offers financing a best-price guarantee that matches verifiable competitor pricing.

LL Flooring FAQ

How much does LL Flooring charge for installation?
    LL Flooring partners with local contractors to install flooring. The install team can work with you and the contractor to provide an estimate based on your specific project.
    Does LL Flooring use formaldehyde?
    LL Flooring sells multiple brands of flooring made by several manufacturers. The company maintains that all current inventory is safe and meets all regulatory standards. A small portion of the company’s supply sourced from China in 2015 came under question and has since been removed from inventory. LL Flooring worked with its customers to test products and ensure that there were no unsafe levels of formaldehyde.
    Is LL Flooring good quality?
    LL Flooring products are sold with a manufacturer's warranty. Flooring comes with a one-year warranty on workmanship if you choose professional installation. LL Flooring stocks several brands and also supplies professionals.
    Is LL Flooring safe?
    LL Flooring ensures that its products meet federal health, safety and sustainability standards. The company hired a chief compliance officer in 2015 to enhance compliance and sustainability practices throughout the LL Flooring supply chain.

Is LL Flooring good?

For customers who prefer to shop online, LL Flooring showcases its entire catalog digitally with transparent pricing. You can shop by flooring type, brand, trend, features or colors. The ship-to-store option offers free delivery, so online shoppers won’t have to pay for shipping if they can pick up the order at a local LL Flooring location. LL Flooring also offers easy-to-install options for DIY customers.

LL Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: July 13, 2021

The sample I got from the store was much different in texture and color and feel. The sample of the product I got from the store was smooth. The one they put down has ridges and is plastic. I even sent Lumber Liquidators two pictures of the bubbling in the floor. They sent me an email saying, "We're going to see how we can move forward," but that was over a month ago. Lumber Liquidators won't stand behind their work or their products. I would think they would want to do what's right not what's easy but they're corrupt so they do what's easy. I sent them pictures but they don't even acknowledge the issue.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I purchased flooring back in 2017 from Lumber Liquidators and within a day the floor was severely scratched by everything that touched it (chairs, etc). I immediately called and sent pictures. They gave me a store credit which they said would never expire. I tried to use the credit in February and they said because it was being transferred to unclaimed property I couldn’t use it. I filled out the form from BDO (their unclaimed property people) and it stated lumber liquidators would refund anticipated no later than may 31. Now mid July, still nothing and LL flooring now won’t help a bit. They act as if it is no longer their problem.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2021

LL Flooring did the flooring in our 2300 square foot home. The work was poor and left a lot to be desired. One of the door entry ways was cut too high for the flooring, we are still fighting with them over reimbursement, after we hired someone to do the work they promised to do, but never did. Some of the floors they installed buckled, becoming a safety hazard; other floors started moving, which they have came out to address twice; the problem has resurfaced for a third time; and the scratched up the entry way of many of the doors with the equipment used to cut away some of the lower part of the entry way of the doors to accommodate the new floor. The workers do a poor job of cleaning up behind themselves; it took up weeks to rid our home of the dust and debris left behind in the home and garage.

LL Flooring grossly overestimated the amount of supplies needs to do the work and then wanted us to return the surplus materials to the store, we never received full reimbursement, because the contractor did not return the items they opened but did not use and the store claim to only accept unused/unopened items. The contractor deny keeping the materials and the store claim they never received the items... go figure, so much for ethic, right.

LL Flooring Customer service is superficial at best and absolutely uncaring at worst. No matter how bad they or their contractor mess up your home, they will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying for damages. If you need flooring, shop around, there are better, more reputable and reliable companies out there, who will stand behind their work and give you more than the 12 month warranty LL flooring offer. LL Flooring claim the flooring may be lifetime, but the work is only guaranteed for twelve month. How does a company in good conscious and honest standing separate the two without creating a hardship for the customer? Learn from our mistake, shop around.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Purchase vinyl flooring for condo at LL Flooring, paid in full for flooring and installation. LL provided installer and I meet with installer to assess floating vinyl over preexisting floor in all of condo...I told him I was remodeling the kitchen and new appliances after remodel. The floor was installed and looked very nice. Problem was when new appliances were to come and founded out the flooring was floated in front of dishwasher and there was no way to remove this 14yr dishwasher...I called the store...basically stated to me the installation was not their problem and to contact corporate or installer. 3 calls to corporate..no response, finally got installers cell # but no return calls there either...

I went personally to manager at Franklin Tn store and spoke to him...Still saying it wasn't their issue..but manager call the installer and he did answer the phone for him...The installer at this point had to speak to me...and didn't express concern, but stated he can send him men again out to take out floor so I can remove dishwasher and charge me again for his service. Never was I informed that the new flooring would never allow me to remove my dishwasher.... Never would I agree to this.... The whole experience with the LL manager stating it wasn't his issue...but he sure took my 6K upfront and he hired the installer.... I am in healthcare ...know nothing about flooring....Isn't a professional suppose to tell about issues or explain....Very disappointed and would not recommend this company...

Original review: April 21, 2021

Soon to be one year ago I purchased flooring for two bathrooms. Paid in full for materials and install. Floors were installed incorrectly and are now lifting. Damage caused by the installer was acknowledged but continues to be ignored. Contacted after leaving Yelp review but that was a joke too. Filed complaint with BBB which was followed up with a call from claims department stating "it is being worked on". This company and customer service is a joke. They have no problem taking your money and leaving you with a mess! I am now out the cost of floor, install and damages to carpet, vanity and bathtub.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Great experience with salesman. Installation done end of February, we chose wood-look ceramic tile for our kitchen/dining room. Right after install had a tile pop loose, and then noticed grout was crumbling in between tiles. Called store and installer came out and repaired. The next day another few loose tiles and more grout crumbling. Called store again. Installer came out and fixed. Same issue for a third time. We spoke to supervisor of installer. He came out and looked and said he’d make sure to make it right. Said he was going on vacation week of March 15 but would call us when he got back to schedule repair.

As the week progressed, more loose tiles and more grout cracking and crumbling. Week after March 15, Friday, and still no call from Supervisor. Had to call twice to get him to call back with day installer would be here to fix. He came out a third time and fixed loose tiles, etc. once again, more crumbling grout and another loose tile, the day after he left. Once again spoke with supervisor who said he’d have guy come out and fix and pretty much said we are waiting, king on floor too soon, (even though installer said it was ok) and that we should be waiting 48 hours (so he was basics, my saying it was our fault). He said he’d call my husband Wednesday. I told my husband I don’t want him coming out again to fix. It’s going to be the same outcome, so why even bother?

I filed a claim with the corporate office. They asked me to send pics which I did and said I’d receive a reply back in 24-48 hours. That would have been yesterday, and I didn’t get a response. I sent an email, this a.m and no response. I also noticed my trim was broken by installer and repaired, instead of him replacing with new trim that was in garage. I took a pic and sent this today to them as well, along with an email stating I’d like a reply ASAP. I’m paying for a floor that is in disrepair. Crumbling grout all over and loose tiles. It’s been well over a month since install and still don’t have a functioning floor. We paid $4200 for the floor and had I known this would be the outcome I’d have never gone with Lumber Liquidators. I’m so frustrated!

Original review: March 11, 2021

We bought our Hickory floors a year ago. At the first they were great and loved the way they looked. My wife went out and bought the cleaner and cleaning product they recommended. She keeps the floors very clean. Now after being down for a year, we are seeing splits starting to occur around different parts of the house. Looks like plenty of people are having this problem. We have a whole house humidifier and our humidity stays the same, so not a dry problem. As others have I called and got the same run around. All they will do is give us a box of new product. What a rip off. Most of the splits are in the middle where it will not be easy to fix. No telling how much more you end up destroying trying to get the bad out.

I would recommend that you research other flooring before buy their stuff. Cheaper is not always the best and you can not believe these salesmen any more. They will lie through their teeth to make a sale. They know once you have spent the money, you can not do anything to them. Save your time, money and headaches, go somewhere else.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Three times I order the flooring. I found a marble looking floor. The installation could not be done because the installer said the flooring was no good, second floor was no good, the third floor was installed bad. Now vents go though floor and floor not even lined up, Jeff sold the floor should be fired so should Mark the installer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Purchased flooring from them back in 2018, the flooring we choose also had a "Lifetime Warranty". Since we were not from the area, we asked who they would recommend to install the flooring, they provided us a name, we received an estimate from them and had the work done. About a year ago, we noticed the floor rising in spots, very noticeable and could trip over if you are not paying attention. I too got the same run around, send 10 pictures and someone will be in touch. I kept getting "reminder" emails to send the pictures, which I did EVERYTIME! Finally they gave me someone who said they received them and reviewed and told me since I had no "extra" pieces to send them to be tested, I would have to hire a floor inspector to determine the problem.

It should NOT fall on me to prove there is an issue, they need to stand behind the product. She did offer me four (4) boxes of "replacements" to fix the areas, but that still does not solve the issue, it will happen over and over again. Just want a refund for the flooring so I can move on to a much more reputable company. If you considering purchasing from them, I strongly advise not to.

Resolution response: Jan. 29, 2021

I'm happy to report that LL took great care of me. I wasn't dealing with the correct person originally.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Picked up a bunch of flooring that I installed on a wall myself. It's a lot more time consuming process than installing it on a floor in that you have to glue it and hold it while the glue dries. It took me 4-5 months to complete the process also because it was in a weekend cabin, not my home. When I got the material the employee said, "You cleared us out of this color and there are a few boxes with box edge damage. Just bring them back if you can't use them." Never mentioned anything about a 90-day return policy. I have 7 extra unopened boxes and that's about $350. I'm 30 days after their return policy and they gave me a hard NO. I called LL customer service and they also said NO, sell them on Craigslist. If I would have known this I would have returned some and picked up more as I needed it. It's not a discontinued item. I think that's just poor customer service.

Get matched with a Flooring partner near you.

LL Flooring Company Information