toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience was nothing but fantastic! All the staff at the Beltsville, MD location are friendly. When I went, initially, to make my purchase, James, the gentlemen who helped me with my purchase was knowledgeable, courteous, patient, and professional. His knowledge and patience with me is what helped me to decide the right floor for me. And I am very satisfied with my new hardwood floors! I've been back to this store since my purchase to return the extra wood, and have been helped by two young women who were just as professional and patient as James. I'm not the easiest consumer to deal with at times but I do value great customer service. Your employees at this store are the epitome of great customer service. Service keeps me loyal. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I own apartment buildings in Buffalo NY. I buy my hardwood exclusively at the Walden Ave store in Cheektowaga NY. The guys there are incredible. Great product and a great price. I walk in and they greet me by name and they really know their products. I'm in and out quick with a few laughs in between. I deal with a lot of suppliers. The Lumber Liquidators on Walden in Cheektowaga are on the TOP of my list.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bamboo Flooring - Lumber Liquidators of Kalamazoo were fabulous. They helped me understand the best method of installation, choice of flooring and how to get the flooring sooner than what a delivery would entail. Great service, no questions asked on return of excess materials.

Just recently purchased oak hardwood floor. Looked really nice in the store but when we received boxes and opened couple of them the quality was just awful. Not the same like what they are selling. Customer service in the store was absolutely bad. We had the hardest time returning it. Had to pay for rental truck to bring all this back. I will not recommend this place to purchase floors.

I like the floor so much that I will be back for more. The color and natural beauty of the hardwood floor really sets off the entry where I used it so now I am convinced to use it through the entire house, except for bathrooms.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price was fair. The product was great. I laid the floor myself, it looks great. I have plans to do another room. Which is larger than the one I just finished. It is the Acacia floor. I like the random lengths and colors in the wood. The San Marcos people were helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We remodeled a spare bedroom and we purchased wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. It’s the second flooring that we have and we had the same product in the computer room. We had some leftover and they were able to find us enough boxes so we didn’t have to buy a whole set. The cost and quality of the flooring were also good. My husband installed it, which was easy, and everything went great.

The ordering and delivery process was good the back end not so much. Asking for experience on installation was horrible. They couldn't troubleshoot a nail problem with the equipment they sold me which was horribly troubling. I was forced to pay money to get your installer to come out and tell me that we were nailing into the wrong side of the board... even after bringing the board, pic's and the nailing back into your shop 45 mins away from my house. Everyone looked at it and couldn't figure out the problem. This tells me they have never installed in their life. They were useless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The staff was very patient while my wife and I considered the many choices and colors of wood flooring. I installed 500 square feet of 5" Oak and it went smooth as glass. Very happy. My order was filled as expected. The order was accurate. Minimal amount of defects to cull out. Good Job!

Resolution In Progress

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the feedback. It is important for us to know when our service has failed to meet our customers' expectations. We take service complaints very seriously and constantly evaluating our processes to ensure the customer receives the best customer experience. If you need any further assistance please contact our Customer Care Department at 800-366-4204 or reply to me privately with your contact information.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Woman in State College was not friendly and was abrasive and unfriendly on numerous occasions with me and wife to a point which my wife went outside till I was done ordering, and the fact is the two other men that works there are very nice but I spent a lot of money on flooring there should not be. Took back extra padding back 9-14-2017 and was hoping she was not there. Saw my daughter later and told me to shop there for good prices because she has dealings with them but not her, and told her she was as friendly as a wasp. She should not treat me or anybody else like she did us and I will bet she has...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I will start out, I am only giving that rating of satisfied because I am giving Lumber Liquidators the benefit of the doubt. There is a glaring disconnect in communication and the understanding of contractual obligations and responsibilities. Both installers and Sales need to be aware of the contractual obligations and follow through with them. I have not had a bad experience dealing with the good people of Idaho, but I am reserving judgment for a later date. My floor is beautiful, but the install team decided to ask someone in the household (someone not in charge of decision making) if the furniture needed to be moved back into place. The installer should have had on his work order that that was a service that was paid for and was mandatory.

Instead I was left to do my own moving and since they put felt on most of the large furniture, I thought it was no big deal... Until it occurred to me after moving a large cat tower and scratching my floor! This is why I paid for moving the furniture and someone owes me money or a new portion of floor. The manager of Lumber Liquidators has paid for a new box of flooring to fix the scratch... The installers have yet to live up to their part of the contract. I am last on the list of jobs to complete. I believe that is another breach of contract. It is called a reasonable amount of time that I can expect to have the original contract fulfilled... And it is nearly approaching very unreasonable!

Went to store several times because I wasn't sure of the type or color of laminate floor that I wanted. The salesman was patient with me. He explained the difference in the types of wood flooring. I eventually got an engineered redwood that I absolutely loved AND at a great price. I never thought that I would buy from Lumber Liquidators especially after looking other discount stores. The price is right and the service that I received was even better!

Though staff were fairly nice, the purchasing, ordering and receiving of product paid for was an absolute nightmare! Emails sent saying product had arrived, followed by us driving to the store only to find there was no product would have been bad enough. But no, times that by four and I think you get the idea. In the end three staff were frustrated too. The store manager drove to another store on his vacation to pick up our order himself and another wonderful staff drove the order to our house! Your staff choices are great but your corporate system is the worse we have seen!

I had a great experience with all of the personnel at the location in Huntsville AL. The managers were very nice and made sure I had everything I needed. The order came in on time as they said. Also, when I needed an extra box to complete my floor installation they found another store in the state that could get it to me quicker. My only complaint is the return policy. I paid over $1400 in cash. When I return the glue that cost over $500 they told me I have to wait 3-5 weeks to get a check in the mail. I'm in my third week and no refund yet! Not very happy about that! Overall I'd recommend this business to anyone with flooring needs/desires.

I was initially looking to buy native hardwood for my flooring needs e.g. Oak, Hickory, Ash, Walnut. When shopping, the native woods were out of my price range. Since I wanted to install my own floor the cost of install was not figured and I would be able to afford more. LL's had a Brazilian Walnut on sale for $4.99/sqft. I knew that Brazilian Walnut, aka ipe is a super hard, insect resistant, waterproof, and a very dense imported wood that is sometimes harvested illegally. I did some research and LL's product was not purchased from illegal harvesting.

I purchased 1,800/sqft (waste was figured in) and was very surprised of the milling. Every single piece was milled Straight and true. I didn't have to come back and fill gaps with putty and every single piece slid very well across floor saving time racking the floor. I am very happy on how my floor came out. The craftsmanship is mine and the floor is 3/4" super hardwood. The planks I purchased are 3 1/4" wide which was perfect to make thresholds out of saving me over $300 total for five thresholds. Once my children get older and more responsible I'll continue their three bedrooms and two bathrooms with the same flooring. I feel I got a great product at a great price as I purchased my flooring on sale.

Unorganized, sent the wrong size flooring, part of the delivery was 3 1/8" which I ordered 2 bundles were 5". Caused the flooring not to finish and order takes 2 week, total mess. Also when I called the salesperson did not know they carried 3 1/8" yellow pine, I found out myself on the internet.

I took in a floor sample to match. Allowed store manager to find a fit, i.e. color and thickness. Terrible match. Inferior quality. Color value is off considerably. Quality of item is poor. It's like someone 'printed' the pattern. Terrible product. Will not shop here again. Nothing cheap about the cost. The product not worth the price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We ordered 660 sq ft of hardwood flooring, 7 rolls of underlayment and 200 ft of QR molding. Our order was promised to be delivered between 9am-12:30pm on the 5th day after purchase. We had contractors on site with the anticipation of having these materials. They did not show up on time and in fact were 2 hours late causing problems with our installers. Additionally the moldings were not delivered, when I called and asked I was told they were back ordered. There was no mention of this at time of purchase and nobody reached out to inform us of this. When the molding were available a couple days later I was asked to come and pick them up despite paying for shipping. I was told there was only 1 person at the store and nobody was available for to deliver it. We are very unhappy with this situation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Love the Morningstar HD stranded Bamboo flooring! Attempted to purchase online, price was $2.59 sq.ft., put quantity in the shopping cart and my cart reflected a price of $2.79 sq.ft. Had to call and talk to a CS agent, who needed approval from a manager (who was not there) to give the lower price. I have never experienced a price switch when purchasing online, it was frustrating to have to call and argue with someone over it. Other than that, I have had good experiences in purchasing from Lumber Liquidators.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

3 1/4 inch select red Oak - I came into the store on August 28 and purchased 74 ft.² of red Oak select flooring. I brought an actual piece of the existing flooring in with me and the sales person told me it was definitely 100% select red Oak. So I purchased it. Only to find out when my floor guy came in and went to scrape the floors that it was in fact select White Oak. Unfortunately the floor was already installed and could not be returned. When trying to locate their correct flooring Lumber Liquidators had none of the flooring that I needed in stock at any of the local locations. I ended up having to purchase it from another dealer paying twice the amount I should've paid when the original sales person sold me the wrong product. I will not be shopping at Lumber Liquidators again if nothing is done to rectify this problem. Not only did I pay twice for material I ended up doing twice the labor.

The product red oak was lovely and I am pleased with the appearance... It has been 3 weeks and the smell from the pre-processed polyurethane disappeared... It took several weeks with windows wide open for more than 2 weeks. However, my only dissatisfaction is with the very high delivery charge of $340 to bring the wood into my condo and put on the floor... Also, they sent only ONE person!!! After I had 2 boxes of wood left over, I did not open all 27 boxes, and when I called for them to pick up the excess they wanted to charge me again!!! I really had an issue with the first charge but the second is I felt reportable to the Better Business Bureau as an price gouging...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did order and install flooring from them. The flooring was the vinyl that resembles wood. The flooring failed. I did get a credit but now I have to do the job over again. It had a 50 year warranty and didn't last one year.

Terrible bait and switch practices. Will never purchase from again. Was told returns were allowed as long as they were in original condition. Tried to return 3 bundles and they said sorry it was a special order (even though it is a STOCKED item!).

Factual basis uncertain

I originally purchased solid hardwood from LL because I was assured it would be ok to glue directly down to my concrete subfloor. This was confirmed by their corporate installers hotline. After I had the wood delivered I started going out for bids and was told by every contractor that solid hardwood was a mistake and it would surely buckle within a couple years of installation because of moisture. After much back and forth, the store did end up exchanging the hardwood for engineered, and they helped me out on price considering the shipping costs I had to eat. Overall my experience was ok, but I felt like they would have sold me anything without truly understanding my circumstances. My advice: be prepared with the pros/cons of different materials in your home. You will need to be very knowledgeable in order to avoid headaches later on. I suggest speaking with contractors first, then going to LL.

Great experience from the moment I walked in. My saleswoman, Courtney, was very helpful and made the whole process very easy for me. I picked my flooring and she did the rest. The product was delivered on time. I had it installed by my contractor and the floors look excellent. Couldn't be happier with the service and products I received from Lumber Liquidators. Oh, did I mention that I got a great deal? I did. Caught the tail end of a sale and paid less than $2.50 a square foot including premium underlayment and vapor barrier. Would, and have, recommended to my friends and family. My Aunt just bought new bamboo floors from the same store.

It took us about 5 trips to the store to finally settle on a floor. Each time, we were greeted by Don or Mike and knew who we were, what we looked at last time, and where to go from here. Super nice and knowledgeable staff and GREAT product! We bought a floor that wasn't too cheap and it worried us (buying without seeing it in the house yet as we were still in the purchasing stage) but once they were in, WOW. We are so in love with them and they look AMAZING and are super strong. We're going to be looking for more flooring in the near future and we won't be going anywhere else! Thank you guys!

Factual basis uncertain

The finish on their flooring is not at all durable. I put their Hardwood flooring in my Kitchen, after it got wet for about a minute before I clean it up, the finish was splitting. I complained to NLL about this, they said I should not have put it in a Kitchen, their salesman knew where it was going. They also said the flooring had to be in a room with constant 30-50% humidity, average humidity in NJ is 65-70%, so no opening the windows. I was hoping for a Sealant to put down, but all I got was a rude Store Manager in Fairfield NJ and Customer Service which didn't help. Poor product and service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am disappointed with both the product and the service of Lumber Liquidators. I installed the solid bamboo flooring according to the written instructions. I even called the headquarters to confirm I was doing the installation correctly. My floor has continued to shrink for over 2 years. I have replaced the end pieces 4 times now and had to buy more product. When I tell the service department what is going on they give me a blank look as if to say too bad. They are very nice when they are selling me more product. I will never use this company again.

Hi Shanelle,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Lumber Liquidators. We strive to provide the best customer experience and your positive feedback will allow us to continue providing stellar service.

Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Lumber Liquidators was friendly and informative. We were remodeling the house and we purchased Brazilian Cherry from them. So far, the quality of the flooring is good. It’s a little bit cheaper but feels it modern.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for sharing your shopping experience. We appreciate you choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. You can send before and after pictures to our gallery online at www.LumberLiquidators.com for a free floor cleaner.

Sandra H.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

We were doing a remodeling project and we purchased a half-inch bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. The sales representatives were really good then I installed the flooring myself which was very easy. We had a nice flooring at a fair price and we're very satisfied.

I have shopped for several floor items related to my latest "flip" project, at the Scottsdale branch. I have had a very positive experience at this store in general, but in particular, I would like to highly praise Ben at this branch. He has been extremely helpful, and goes out of his way in order to please the customer, no matter what it is. Whether showing off the products available, products online, reviewing the orders, going to the back to look for products I needed, loading those products either on my car or my contractor's truck, Ben has always been there ready and very glad to help and serve. Can't find better words to praise Ben. If I need anything floor related, I feel very confident to just pick up my phone, call Ben, and be ready to go to the branch to pick up what I need, whether that same day or the next. Ben will call me to let me know.

Hello Randy,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your flooring project. Bamboo is affordable and is one of our ECO friendly products. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy and thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators!

Best Wishes

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Lumber Liquidators had good prices and the customer service was great. The sales representatives were just like my buddies. They showed me different types of products and the difference between them. They also asked me what I was doing and where I was putting it, and they educated me a little bit. I bought about 300 square feet of some white bamboo flooring for a couple of floors in a couple of my buildings. Then a couple of contractors that work for me installed the flooring which was great stuff. My residents love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I pulled the carpet out two years ago and I was tired of concrete. So I purchased bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators recently. I also bought laminate flooring from them. Their sales reps were wonderful. I went in, told them what I wanted and they helped me out. I was done within 30 minutes and I loved it. I am pleased with the quality of the flooring. It was perfect. My experience with Lumber Liquidators is very easy, simple, and quick. I’m going to have my daughter go there to purchase her flooring.

Lumber Liquidators Company Profile