4.10/5
Call toll free
(800) 427-3966 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3589 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 5, 2019

I was trying to match up some wood that I already had and was having a hard time finding a match. I didn't know what to do and I was headed to one of the hardware stores, Home Depot. My original flooring came from one of the outlets out of Dalton. I couldn't find that match anywhere. It sold out. I was looking to find who could help me find the wide oak floors which were difficult to find in this region because that type of oak generally comes from certain parts of Tennessee. Red oak was way more available or accessible. I went to Lumber Liquidators and had a good experience with them.

I really received an education as to what to look for and why. Their people were very knowledgeable. They pointed me in the right direction and even let me know the kind of shade for the flooring. They paid attention to the type of knots and told me a lot about the age of the wood. They even helped me to see how I could be economical with the flooring and save some money with regards to what I was selecting - you could pick the mid-grade to top grade and so forth. The flooring wasn't cheap but they were reasonable and it was quality. They were willing to work with us and made it very easy to make a smooth transition with my existing floor. I was very happy with them.

I hired a contractor for the installation. They were people that I knew. They worked for me before and I was confident that they would do a good job. And they did. The flooring was almost a flawless match. I learned things about wood aging and changing with the lighting and time. The flooring darkened some as time went on which is nice because it started to match the other existing floors.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Some of the hardwood in our kitchen were damaged because of a water leak from the fridge and we eventually had to rip those out. We did some research and compared Lumber Liquidators to other stores and places that sell hardwood. They are competitive and they have a good quality product. In the end, we went to a total of two Lumber Liquidator stores just because the first time I went with my wife, we went to a store that was closer to our house. Then the second time, we went to a store that was closer to my work and it was a more convenient place to pick up.

The first time I was in the Waterbury store, there were already customers there and we were told that somebody would come and help us in a few minutes. One person was obviously a little bit better than the other but that is how the nature of these things work. Still, both people in the 2 stores were attentive, came over and asked us what we were interested in, and showed us the different options that they had. We bought some Gunstock Oak hardwood and it was our first time to purchase from them. They said it was what worked best for our budget so that part was good. And obviously, as with everything else, I wish it was a little bit cheaper but it wasn’t so prohibitive that we couldn’t get it done.

I have a handyman who installed and replaced the kitchen flooring. The new flooring is a little bit different in color, slightly minimally different than all the hardwood we had. It's good quality hardwood and unless you're looking at it really carefully, you can't tell the difference when you walk in the house. So, we had a positive enough experience that my parents who live in North Carolina are also thinking about installing hardwood and we recommended looking at Lumber Liquidators.

Hello Junaid,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website at www.lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy your new floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My son had gotten flooring at Lumber Liquidators before and he was happy with them, so I went with them. The sales guys were very helpful in picking out my flooring and I got bamboo plank flooring. They called me when it was in, they loaded my truck, and I picked it up. I had some returns and they unloaded the returns for me. They did what they said they were gonna do. My brother who has been a carpenter his whole life was gonna install it and he has installed lots of wood flooring but he really struggled. They sold us this adhesive and they said it was the best adhesive. And that’s the way to go on concrete because the adhesive becomes a vapor barrier when it dries. My brother had a horrible time putting the flooring down. He said he would never do it on concrete again. He hated the adhesive but I think that’s because it’s adhesive on concrete. As he was putting the flooring in, it didn’t stay put. He had a rough time with that.

I love the plank flooring. They told me that bamboo is better because it is better with water and it is good with water, like in the kitchen. They also warned me that it scratches more easily and it does scratch easily. It’s a little more easily than I realized. So, I have to be careful. Also, the edges where the two boards come together is not completely flat. They kind of popped up a little. It’s weird because the front half of the room, fortunately, didn’t buckle. I’m glad because it's not buckled when you walked in the door and you have the big open living room-dining room-kitchen but the bedrooms and the hallway are buckled. Other than those, I would recommend Lumber Liquidators because they were helpful. I had a good experience actually dealing with them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I've dealt with Lumber Liquidators several times, putting flooring in other houses, and I've always found them to be easy to deal with. This time, I was redoing my kitchen. I had two to get all the flooring I needed and I called ahead to see if they had exactly what I wanted. The representative said he had it in stock but when I got to the store in Encino with my contractor, whom I was paying for his time, it wasn't the item that I wanted. Their inventory management was not great because they didn't actually have it in stock. So we picked up what we could and it was a big waste of my contractor's paid time. I even called ahead twice to make sure that they had what I wanted in stock. So you can do all the right things and still, it may not be right.

Then I had to source the rest from a different location in Newhall, Santa Clarita, which was a lot more efficiently-ran. It's really store by store with Lumber Liquidators. It depends on how good the manager of one particular location is. That one experience at the Encino store was really annoying. But I would always recommend Lumber Liquidators because they have good prices and this particular deal of oak flooring can’t be beat. I got the utility grade that has knots in it. It's really the cheapest product of Lumber Liquidators but it's heavy, sturdy and beautiful. It's oak through and through.

It's super hard and durable, and it looks very authentic and lovely. It looks like it's been there forever. So it's great. It has a very rustic look. It's 3/4 oak and you have to nail it in board by board so it takes a little bit of artistry. Then you have to sand it down and stain it. I found it easy to install because I've worked with this particular flooring before. I've always liked it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I've shopped with Lumber Liquidators two or three times and the most recent one was solid wood bamboo flooring. I had carpet and I wanted to replace it with hardwood. I wanted to have it quick and I wanted to have a look at what was available. First, I checked the website which was fine. I could see the discounts and I found the product that I was interested in. It was not on the display, so that was kind of a little bit of a problem, and it was not even in the showroom. But when I told the rep the product number, we looked it up on the computer, I showed him my printout from the web, and he found some samples for me in the storage. Also, I was offered the discounts without me asking for it. All of the comments were very helpful and we put together the order.

The pricing that I got was very good and it was like $2.50 per square foot. But the installation of the products started at $3 per square foot which was ridiculous. When I called in the installers, they said it was a starting point and it came to something like $5 per square foot which is two times more expensive than the material itself. Also, the delivery was not available instantly, so I had to rent a truck and I delivered it myself, but it was loaded in the Lumber Liquidators store. I called a different installer who did it for me at $1.20 per square foot and we did the installation, which was easy.

The flooring is very good value for money, so I really like it, the quality, and the packaging. We needed some trim and we immediately went to the store. It was not available in one of the stores, but they immediately contacted another store. We went there and picked it up. Overall, my experience was very positive with sales and material. This particular store that I was using was very good and so is the team there. The showroom was not showing all the products, which were available but it was understandable because it's not a big showroom. Lumber Liquidators is a store to check before making a decision where to buy. I'm going to eventually come to this store again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I normally get the hardwood tongue and groove flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I've done a few jobs with them. But it started out rocky during the first job. I told them that my customer was gonna come out and pick up the bamboo flooring. They were trying to get the job from me, so I called them immediately, and they were fine with it. On the second job that I got from them, it took a little bit to get the order. It was a big order, so it took a minute. But, overall, they've done pretty good. In terms of the quality of the flooring, the oak that I got from Lumber Liquidators was awesome. It was a good selection. I got some pine tongue and groove from them also, and it was really good. But I'll never buy bamboo again because it was not all that. I got another big job and I'm thinking of buying some more wood from Lumber Liquidators in the next couple of days.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I bought laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in their Oakwood Shelby location. I was in there last week. I brought a client with me. We’re doing a full condo reno. It just seemed convenient and easy, and they have a reasonable-priced product. And usually, they have always been pretty real nice. But the last time we were in there, the guy that was running the place really wasn’t like very friendly. But he was helpful and he did a fine job. The flooring has great quality and I always recommend them to all my friends.

Hello Chris,

We are grateful that you took the time to leave us this review. Our company values customer satisfaction as a top priority and we are committed to our customers. We look forward to serving you again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 31, 2019

I am telling the truth on Lumber Liquidator on what has happened to me. We came in the Rockford Illinois store to purchase 1700 square feet of hardwood. We order everything from quarter round to the underlay to the wood. We picked it up the day before we closed on our house and after we put all this flooring in the house I found out it was the wrong floor. WE had installers coming in the next day to put this floor down so we could move in. I called the store the next day and all they could say was, "We can give you $800. back back." I had no other option but the keep this floor.

Well as it turn out the finish was coming off this floor. They in turned told me to call and installer and just pick that piece out. Well that did not work so I called again and they in turned called an inspector to come and look at my floor. The inspector wrote it up to look like I did not care about this floor. He said it was put in wrong and that I did not have a dehumidifier at all times. Then to make matters worse the girl I was working with put a block on her email so I could not contact her again.

I finally decided to call the guy that did my other floor in Illinois to come and look to see if he could work a miracle on this floor. He did redo my floor. He said that the mill cut was terrible and that the finish that they use had too much anti oxen on this wood. He did remove all of this so call finish and I now have a nice looking floor that I wanted to have in the first place.

I did write to Lumber crap wood and they have NEVER replied. Can you believe that. All I wanted was for them to just pay the refinisher. Now we were in a hotel for a week and had to buy meals out. Had to come in and completely was the whole house down with all the dust. I cannot begin to tell you how much money we have put into this floor. Please, PLEASE, DO NOT GET FLOORING FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS. It is crap wood. They take your money and they do not make good on their crap floor when defective.

Hello Debra,

Thank you for taking time to share you feedback. We take service complaints very seriously. A representative will be reaching out to you within 2-3 business days regarding your concerns.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I got a box of oak wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators, but they can improve their price. I bought about 60 boxes at Home Depot and Lowe's, and they have better prices than what Lumber Liquidators have.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We got hardwood floors from Lumber Liquidators in Robinson. Everything was professional. They gave me a great price. I ended up buying enough to do almost my house, and I am going this fall to go finish the rest of my house. And also, it was a good enough experience for me that I sent my dad up there, and he bought laminate for his whole house as well. And he did his whole house out of Robinson also. We love the flooring so far.

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information