Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5
Visit Website

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

Lumber Liquidators Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 5, 2019

I was trying to match up some wood that I already had and was having a hard time finding a match. I didn't know what to do and I was headed to one of the hardware stores, Home Depot. My original flooring came from one of the outlets out of Dalton. I couldn't find that match anywhere. It sold out. I was looking to find who could help me find the wide oak floors which were difficult to find in this region because that type of oak generally comes from certain parts of Tennessee. Red oak was way more available or accessible. I went to Lumber Liquidators and had a good experience with them.

I really received an education as to what to look for and why. Their people were very knowledgeable. They pointed me in the right direction and even let me know the kind of shade for the flooring. They paid attention to the type of knots and told me a lot about the age of the wood. They even helped me to see how I could be economical with the flooring and save some money with regards to what I was selecting - you could pick the mid-grade to top grade and so forth. The flooring wasn't cheap but they were reasonable and it was quality. They were willing to work with us and made it very easy to make a smooth transition with my existing floor. I was very happy with them.

I hired a contractor for the installation. They were people that I knew. They worked for me before and I was confident that they would do a good job. And they did. The flooring was almost a flawless match. I learned things about wood aging and changing with the lighting and time. The flooring darkened some as time went on which is nice because it started to match the other existing floors.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have had a not so great experience with Lumber Liquidators. I ordered some laminate flooring back in January, and their website clearly states that all orders will be shipped within 2 weeks or so. So imagine my disappointment when months later they still haven't called me. My order hasn't arrived, and basically I was doing about all that I could reach out to them and I didn't get anything back from them. So, at the end of everything I decided that I wanted to get a refund as I have already bought and installed some other hardwood floor. The first time I tried, I got helped by some scatterbrain who insisted I need to call the store, even though the store wasn't even open. I didn't want to call the store I just wanted a refund. So I left it for a few days and then called back in the new week.

When I was helps this time, I was very pleased. Terry and customer service has been exponentially helpful to me. Confrontation I find is very difficult, and I don't like sounding like a mean person. But I psyched myself up enough to tell them firmly that I wanted a refund, that I haven't had a good experience and I was done with dealing with Lumber Liquidators and I was just tired of it. She understood completely as I explained my situation, and empathized with my frustration. In under 5 minutes she had resolved the entire thing, and now I am waiting on a call from Lumber Liquidators to finalize my refund. I just wanted to give a shout out to Terry and customer service because she is really awesome. Also, Terry if you ever read this I hope that your cold gets better. Many thanks!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Some of the hardwood in our kitchen were damaged because of a water leak from the fridge and we eventually had to rip those out. We did some research and compared Lumber Liquidators to other stores and places that sell hardwood. They are competitive and they have a good quality product. In the end, we went to a total of two Lumber Liquidator stores just because the first time I went with my wife, we went to a store that was closer to our house. Then the second time, we went to a store that was closer to my work and it was a more convenient place to pick up.

The first time I was in the Waterbury store, there were already customers there and we were told that somebody would come and help us in a few minutes. One person was obviously a little bit better than the other but that is how the nature of these things work. Still, both people in the 2 stores were attentive, came over and asked us what we were interested in, and showed us the different options that they had. We bought some Gunstock Oak hardwood and it was our first time to purchase from them. They said it was what worked best for our budget so that part was good. And obviously, as with everything else, I wish it was a little bit cheaper but it wasn’t so prohibitive that we couldn’t get it done.

I have a handyman who installed and replaced the kitchen flooring. The new flooring is a little bit different in color, slightly minimally different than all the hardwood we had. It's good quality hardwood and unless you're looking at it really carefully, you can't tell the difference when you walk in the house. So, we had a positive enough experience that my parents who live in North Carolina are also thinking about installing hardwood and we recommended looking at Lumber Liquidators.

Lumber Liquidators response

Hello Junaid,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website at www.lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy your new floor!

Sandra H.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We had a great experience with Lumber Liquidators. We did some work on our floors and Shawn at the store was so helpful. We were undecided between hardwood or laminate. We have kids that can mess up the floors so we wanted something that can last. Shawn was great in helping us find the right product. He even used a big hammer and tried to knock down the bamboo flooring. There was no dent so we definitely knew exactly what kind of product we wanted after that. Shawn also told us to think about it and go back to the store since there was going to be a sale - we happened to be there a couple of weeks earlier than the sale. He was not sure if the product was going to be there during the sale, but he was absolutely great in informing us as a consumer what product to buy and how to save cost so we really appreciated that.

We hired a contractor to put the flooring in and they did the house which is around 1,100 square footage. That was the estimated which was 10% more. We didn't end up using everything that we bought but a great thing about Lumber Liquidators was they took back what we didn't use or did not open. We were so happy. The flooring is great. I heard from the contractor that it was easy to install. There was no expansion so there were no gaps. It looks really nice. Everyone who came over afterwards loved it.

Lumber Liquidators response

Hello Winnie,

Thank you for sharing your Feedback. We are so excited to hear about the wonderful service you received from Shawn. Our goal is to provide stellar service to our customers. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators.

Sandra H.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My son had gotten flooring at Lumber Liquidators before and he was happy with them, so I went with them. The sales guys were very helpful in picking out my flooring and I got bamboo plank flooring. They called me when it was in, they loaded my truck, and I picked it up. I had some returns and they unloaded the returns for me. They did what they said they were gonna do. My brother who has been a carpenter his whole life was gonna install it and he has installed lots of wood flooring but he really struggled. They sold us this adhesive and they said it was the best adhesive. And that’s the way to go on concrete because the adhesive becomes a vapor barrier when it dries. My brother had a horrible time putting the flooring down. He said he would never do it on concrete again. He hated the adhesive but I think that’s because it’s adhesive on concrete. As he was putting the flooring in, it didn’t stay put. He had a rough time with that.

I love the plank flooring. They told me that bamboo is better because it is better with water and it is good with water, like in the kitchen. They also warned me that it scratches more easily and it does scratch easily. It’s a little more easily than I realized. So, I have to be careful. Also, the edges where the two boards come together is not completely flat. They kind of popped up a little. It’s weird because the front half of the room, fortunately, didn’t buckle. I’m glad because it's not buckled when you walked in the door and you have the big open living room-dining room-kitchen but the bedrooms and the hallway are buckled. Other than those, I would recommend Lumber Liquidators because they were helpful. I had a good experience actually dealing with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

We spent over $6000 for the Bellawood flooring. We were told that it has an oxide coating. We were very specific on the requirements of the flooring. We have a rambunctious puppy. We didn't get the floor completely laid down and we had dents all over it. Not scratches that can be covered but dents EVERYWHERE. We made a claim and they denied it. Saying that dents aren't covered under the warranty. This company does not stand behind their product and I will NEVER buy from them again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Bought my water resistant floors about a year ago put through out my home except bathroom/laundry. They got wet in kitchen area. Called in for warranty & this is what they said, "After 2 weeks of testing it's inconclusive the floors absorb moisture. No problem with your floors. Thank. Is there any question you have for me?" "Yes if water resistant why are they swelling?" No answer for me. I have pics of my floors. People care with this company. I was warned & didn't listen.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I purchased flooring from Lumber Liquidators almost a year ago. Purchased the flooring online. When I went to pick up flooring (about half of the total order because entire order wouldn't fit in my truck) from store, I asked about t-molds and realized I hadn't ordered any. I ordered 4 sticks in store. A box arrived with 3 sticks in side. When I returned to pick up rest of the flooring I mentioned that I was 1 stick short. I told the employee to hold off on sending the last stick because I didn't know if I would need it.

Fast forward to now. I'm done with the project and I didn't need the last stick. I called the store and they said I would need to call customer care since it was sent from factory. I called them and she told me that I got 4 sticks because her computer said 4 were sent. I told her I got 3 of the 4. She then said I waited too long to bring it to their attention. I explained I told the store employees. She responded that it wasn't noted in the computer and they would have noted that if I said it. Long story short, don't use Lumber Liquidators if you are looking for an honest company.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

We purchased flooring at LL and contracted the installation thought them so we wouldn’t have surprised. The product ended up being a very low quality that failed as soon it was installed, it did not help the installers did a terrible job and left a mess. The store not even wanted to talk to us after our complaints when the flooring appeared elevated within hours of being installed. They told us to call HQ in Virginia. We are 7 months into this nightmare and nobody is taking responsibility and is not fixed. Very disappointed, terrible customer service and product. Staff is rude.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Ordered my flooring on 11/20/19. Was estimated 1 week before product arrives. Called on 12/7/19 to schedule pickup and was told that items delayed until 12/22/19. Called on 12/28/19 to schedule pickup and now being told product will be in their warehouse on 1/10/20 and from there still needs to ship to store. To top it all off, I have already been billed and the item is now on sale for a lower price. This is ridiculous, I am walking around on subfloor now for 3 weeks. No sympathy or discounts were offered to me for my inconvenience and why should I pay for something I do not even know I will ever receive?

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information