toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cole at the Fargo store is extremely helpful and accommodating. I was not the best at estimating, so I was long on certain items and short on others and he was very helpful in taking returns and getting more orders lines up. Great work with him!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lumber Liquidators is good. I recently got a laminated flooring from them but I've been doing purchases from them for years. They provide a good service and their cost is also good for the quality of the wood.

We purchased the 10MM backing Royal Acadia laminate flooring with Bellwood platinum underlayment for our living room and hallway. From the first time we went into our local store the manager/sales associate was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We bought one box to see if we liked it and was told we could return if needed as long as the box was not ripped opened. We went back on New Years for the sale and purchased the remaining flooring, paddings, quarter round, T molding and stair nose needed. We removed our older carpet and nailers, had the sub-floor ready for the installation.

The installation estimate was done during the week and he was nice to work with. He was very knowledgeable and explained everything to us. We had to wait a couple of days for the installers to call and schedule the appointment. The installers did a quality job and the one issue we had with the whole process was the installers left behind 2 bags of trash in the driveway for us. I would recommend to everyone to price them for laminate and all other hardwood flooring. We went back to purchase one more box since we had one box of flooring left over and the Bellwood premium cleaning starter set.

We had a sizable order back in 2015 and were told that as long as the materials were in the original containers, we could return them waiving the 30 day policy. After extensive construction to the interior of our home, the floor was finally installed in Dec of 2016. We needed some additional material and I wanted to return a small amount of product at the time. So I was told that customer solutions has to approve the return. I asked the manager Thomas how much my return would be and he started by saying that until customer solutions approves it, he cannot even tell me how much it would be.

Customer solutions did not approve the return because of the timing. When I did the next order in January, I told Thomas I was disappointed with the previous response and he told me that if I did not like the response, I could return the current order and he would give me my money back. I could go to another store if I wanted to buy the product. If I was to guess, what I wanted to return might be about $30. Maybe I am assuming that since I was told that the timing would be waived and since I have purchased what I think is quite a bit of product, that maybe some consideration could be made for my small return. I guess I was wrong. I guess rules are rules!

Very pleased with the product and the sales staff. No problems with installation, the square foot estimate was accurate, left with very little coverage. Would, and have, recommended Lumber Liquidators flooring to others. The flooring was easy to install. The floor turned out beautifully, a nice oak grain pattern and very scratch resistant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Factual basis uncertain

Initially our experience wasn't bad, it turned negative when my husband went to pick up the wood and had to load all but one box by himself in the rain. We discovered we were short two boxes of wood once installation began. The store was closed at that point and our contractor had to make arrangements to come back the following day. We had to pay our contractor extra due to the additional time he had to spend installing the floor. The person working in the store the following day wasn't helpful or apologetic. At the time we didn't realize we'd been shorted, just thought the calculations were wrong.

We went back several days later after figuring out we were charged for 2 boxes we never received and thankfully the person who initially sold the flooring was there. He was pleasant and apologetic and credited us the money we were overcharged. Unfortunately, overall it was a negative experience as it cost us more money for the contractor and a lot of unnecessary hassle.

The people who helped us were professional and knowledgeable in helping us. It was a good experience. We will need additional help when we begin the project. Will probably recommend Lumber Liquidators to other people. If I have any other projects using materials that they sell I will definitely consider them.

The salesmen at the Hickory store are super. They helped me with samples (ever ordered samples). Even let me borrow large flooring boards to help me make decisions on color etc. They kept in touch to tell me of sales. I was extremely pleased with my purchases and the help I received. Would recommend the Hickory store to anyone looking good service. Had the floors installed and am very pleased.

I purchased cork floors for my yoga room. The people who installed them install cork all over the country. They did a great job! I never could have imagined they would turn out so well! Cork is an amazing product as far as how it feels, soft and warm but still clean. I don't know how they'll hold up but so far I'm amazed by them. Lumber Liquidators was very good to do business with.

We had a wonderful experience with Lumber Liquidators. From the moment we walked in the showroom, Cal was professional, helpful, and really listened to our flooring needs. Their installers were efficient and courteous. Our bamboo floors are stunning and we couldn't be happier.

Love it!! We did this completely backwards as we picked out stain first and stained our trim however we're able to find flooring that matched perfectly. The install was fairly easy and didn't take too much time. We are in love with our new floor!!

The staff at the Holly Hill store were as helpful as any I have ever used. They were knowledgeable, very courteous and helped me with a difficult customer, who changed her mind on what style and color she wanted. I will definitely use this store again, and hope that the staff will be recognized for going above and beyond to help a customer. Keep up the good work.

The estimator reviewed the job on-site and didn't tell us we couldn't install hardwood over particle board. Didn't find out until the installer came to do the job. Installation 101 should be to certify the subfloor is of the proper material... Don't wait until install day and rape the customer with a 50% increase to remove and replace the subfloor! What a ripoff! Totally unhappy with LL's response, "We can't do anything about it". Thanks for nothing. Tell your friends, family and co-workers... I will.

Factual basis uncertain

Awful experience! Felt like I was dealing with the mob! Regretted the purchase as soon as I was done. Then told order would be shipped in 3 days. 18 days later told they were on back order. Went to cancel order, told they would be in the next day! Couldn't get out of the store and shower the slime off me fast enough.

Your system for delivery of your product sucks.. First they blew me off after I took the day off the first time. Then showed up with a 18 wheel truck that couldn't fit in my driveway. I personally unloaded all 37 cases of wood after they did not fit on the "approved" lift and lugged them over 150 feet inside my basement... When I spend over $6200 on a product and have to physically deliver it myself there is a SERIOUS problem. I will never spend another penny with your company, nor will I recommend you to anyone.

I do not have any complaints in regards to store personnel or delivery of product. They were very helpful and informative. The product is fine and very nice. My concerns are with the process of installation. It was handled very hastily which caused a lot of errors and damage and the solution was always glue, wood putty and color pencils - I feel we paid a lot of money but somehow had a lot of damage. The installer has tried to resolve all issues but that doesn't take away the taste of the errors which we get to live with forever. Store 138 gets five-star rating from us. This is no reflection on them. I will see if the installer comes and fixes a few more things under my year warranty. Thank you.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased flooring from your store. Once home, I opened the boxes and discovered that two different lengths of floor boards were included in the box. This caused a large portion of the flooring to be unusable. When I called to complain, I was issued a $100 credit towards the purchase of more flooring to complete my room, but still ended up having to pay over $100 more out of pocket than it should have cost to complete the project. I was happy to have been given a credit towards more flooring, but feel that the amount required to complete my project should have been taken care of and I shouldn't have had to spend more money that was not planned for.

My wife and I are very pleased with our new bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. We really don't want to lay area rugs just because it looks so nice.Thank you to Lumber Liquidators and the contractors that installed it!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

About five years ago, we made our first order with Lumber Liquidators, which was Brazilian teak, three-eighths of an inch thick and a quarter of an inch wide. In December we made our second order and it worked out very well. We checked other sites, but Lumber Liquidators was where we bought our first flooring, so that was the direction we chose the second time. When we decided that we were going to do the landing, we considered them again for their material, availability, and cooperation, so this is our third order with them. We needed two more boxes, and readily found these in Nashville, so it worked out beautifully.

They're accommodating and I was very pleased. Their sales reps were most cooperative and incredibly helpful. At first, we were trying to locate the original flooring which was a two and a quarter inch wide. However, they don't manufacture the original flooring any longer, and there was a piece here and there all over the country, and it just got so difficult because there would be different lots, so we decided to go with the thicker, three and a half inch material which is five-eighths of an inch thick, and it matched up beautifully. The fellow that was trying to find the original material all over the country went above and beyond.

We don't have Lumber Liquidators in downtown Russellville where there are only 9,000 people, but they're very accessible and were readily available to us both in Nashville and in Bowling Green. Although for the following two boxes, we didn't get the discounts that we did when we previously bought the large lot, but that’s quite understandable. That time around, we purchased 17 boxes, so we got a great price on our order.

We got this flooring material because it's extremely hard and also incredibly hard to put down, so it's not something that the amateur would do. And we got different indie contractors do the installation for our flooring purchases. Now I'll have to check into how to recoat the flooring or wax it, or do some other remedy to it. I wish I knew a little bit more about that because the new flooring looks absolutely spectacular while the original flooring has been there for five years, and although it's great material and still in very good shape, there’s a scratch here and there.

I was happy with the sales people, but in the end not happy with the flooring I picked. I picked a Bamboo that I nailed into place. It scratched incredibly easy and chipped while nailing. Totally unhappy with the product. Would not buy again.

The staff at the Lexington store was very helpful. Everything was as it was promised and they even let me pick up on a Sunday which is big for working folks. The floor was easy to install and looks great. We are planning our next purchase with them already.

Awesome products. Awesome service. Professional all the way. No issues in returning the stuff that I don't wanted. Totally happy with the service. Will purchase again, as I've done in the past. Totally happy with the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently purchased bamboo hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. We saw them down at the home show and they had a good price on stuff that we were looking at. We just glanced through the home show and then went over to their store. We knew what we wanted, so we went in, and they had it in stock. We ordered it, and then we went back and picked it up the next day.

However, the flooring we purchased hasn't been installed yet. They're coming in this weekend to install it. We had a major issue with the man that loaded it onto my truck -- he damaged the flooring. The guy obviously shouldn't have been using a forklift. As we questioned him while he was doing this, he told me, "Hey, buddy, I know what I'm doing. Get the hell out of my way," and he proceeded to damage the floor. There was someone else in the parking lot waiting to load what he had purchased into his vehicle. After watching what the guy did with mine, he said, "Can you just send a couple of guys out to load this by hand? I don't want you or that forklift anywhere near what I just paid for."

The next day, I emailed them about this matter and sent them several photos. The man called me back and said, "I didn't damage your flooring. Don't try accusing me of this," and hung up the phone on me. So, I then had to go to the Corporate level and ended up getting a far better response from them. The Corporate Customer Service did a great job. They were very accommodating. They gave me a little bit of a rebate which I wasn't necessarily after. I just thought that this guy's attitude needed to be adjusted. I'm not sure if they ever followed up with him or not, but they certainly took care of things on my end, so that's good. Just make sure that you're present when they load your purchase. Nevertheless, one guy's mistake shouldn't hold back the whole company.

This is the second Bellawood floor we have purchased and we are very pleased. We love Bellawood! The floors are easy to maintain and clean. They look great and many compliments have been received. All the people at the Lumber Liquidators store were professional and very helpful. Super job! Thank you!

Great store, bad installers. Dealing with store and buying hardwood floor was a breeze. Installers (Maya Stone), on the other hand, were always late or don't show up without informing us. They left a lot of mess in the house and very unprofessional. If they were more professional, the experience would've been more pleasant. Quality of their work was good.

I'm am so pleased with my Bamboo floor that I go outside just so I can come in the front door and see how beautiful it looks. The men who were here to do the installation were extremely professional. They made sure everything was how I wanted it before they installed the floor. Besides being especially polite they cleaned everything up so that I didn't have any sawdust or pieces/chips of wood anywhere in the house. They were so wonderful they even rearranged my dining room exactly the way I wanted it. I am certainly going to use Lumber Liquidators the next time I have to update the remaining floors in my house.

It was a very good experience. They were wonderful helping with our selection and helped finish in time to be in on the sale. I did have to return nails and levels on the day of installation to get glue. But all involved made it work and still be enjoyable and on time. The installation team did a great job. Overall an A+ experience.

Order was loaded with care. Very few pieces had any damage and some only added to the effect that you see on original pine flooring laid years ago. Great product, great people at Ocala store. I would recommend your product and the Ocala store to anyone without a doubt that they would be happy they went.

I wanted to purchase hardwood flooring to match my current floor. I was able to locate flooring that was almost a perfect match. The sales person was very professional and friendly. A Lumber Liquidators contractor did the installation in a very timely and professional manner and I am very pleased with the job. I highly recommend Lumber Liquidators for purchase and installation.

Good experience all the way around. Courteous and knowledgeable sales associate. Helpful with info about material and installation of the flooring. We were kept up to date on the status of our order and when it could be picked up from the store. Would recommend Lumber Liquidators to anybody looking for flooring. Was recommended to us by a contractor, and he said the most knowledgeable of the sales associates was the lady that helped us. She was the asst. manager. The contractor was right about her.

Lumber Liquidators Company Profile