Call toll free
4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3532 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 1, 2019

Some of the hardwood in our kitchen were damaged because of a water leak from the fridge and we eventually had to rip those out. We did some research and compared Lumber Liquidators to other stores and places that sell hardwood. They are competitive and they have a good quality product. In the end, we went to a total of two Lumber Liquidator stores just because the first time I went with my wife, we went to a store that was closer to our house. Then the second time, we went to a store that was closer to my work and it was a more convenient place to pick up.

The first time I was in the Waterbury store, there were already customers there and we were told that somebody would come and help us in a few minutes. One person was obviously a little bit better than the other but that is how the nature of these things work. Still, both people in the 2 stores were attentive, came over and asked us what we were interested in, and showed us the different options that they had. We bought some Gunstock Oak hardwood and it was our first time to purchase from them. They said it was what worked best for our budget so that part was good. And obviously, as with everything else, I wish it was a little bit cheaper but it wasn’t so prohibitive that we couldn’t get it done.

I have a handyman who installed and replaced the kitchen flooring. The new flooring is a little bit different in color, slightly minimally different than all the hardwood we had. It's good quality hardwood and unless you're looking at it really carefully, you can't tell the difference when you walk in the house. So, we had a positive enough experience that my parents who live in North Carolina are also thinking about installing hardwood and we recommended looking at Lumber Liquidators.

Hello Junaid,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website at www.lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy your new floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My son had gotten flooring at Lumber Liquidators before and he was happy with them, so I went with them. The sales guys were very helpful in picking out my flooring and I got bamboo plank flooring. They called me when it was in, they loaded my truck, and I picked it up. I had some returns and they unloaded the returns for me. They did what they said they were gonna do. My brother who has been a carpenter his whole life was gonna install it and he has installed lots of wood flooring but he really struggled. They sold us this adhesive and they said it was the best adhesive. And that’s the way to go on concrete because the adhesive becomes a vapor barrier when it dries. My brother had a horrible time putting the flooring down. He said he would never do it on concrete again. He hated the adhesive but I think that’s because it’s adhesive on concrete. As he was putting the flooring in, it didn’t stay put. He had a rough time with that.

I love the plank flooring. They told me that bamboo is better because it is better with water and it is good with water, like in the kitchen. They also warned me that it scratches more easily and it does scratch easily. It’s a little more easily than I realized. So, I have to be careful. Also, the edges where the two boards come together is not completely flat. They kind of popped up a little. It’s weird because the front half of the room, fortunately, didn’t buckle. I’m glad because it's not buckled when you walked in the door and you have the big open living room-dining room-kitchen but the bedrooms and the hallway are buckled. Other than those, I would recommend Lumber Liquidators because they were helpful. I had a good experience actually dealing with them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I've dealt with Lumber Liquidators several times, putting flooring in other houses, and I've always found them to be easy to deal with. This time, I was redoing my kitchen. I had two to get all the flooring I needed and I called ahead to see if they had exactly what I wanted. The representative said he had it in stock but when I got to the store in Encino with my contractor, whom I was paying for his time, it wasn't the item that I wanted. Their inventory management was not great because they didn't actually have it in stock. So we picked up what we could and it was a big waste of my contractor's paid time. I even called ahead twice to make sure that they had what I wanted in stock. So you can do all the right things and still, it may not be right.

Then I had to source the rest from a different location in Newhall, Santa Clarita, which was a lot more efficiently-ran. It's really store by store with Lumber Liquidators. It depends on how good the manager of one particular location is. That one experience at the Encino store was really annoying. But I would always recommend Lumber Liquidators because they have good prices and this particular deal of oak flooring can’t be beat. I got the utility grade that has knots in it. It's really the cheapest product of Lumber Liquidators but it's heavy, sturdy and beautiful. It's oak through and through.

It's super hard and durable, and it looks very authentic and lovely. It looks like it's been there forever. So it's great. It has a very rustic look. It's 3/4 oak and you have to nail it in board by board so it takes a little bit of artistry. Then you have to sand it down and stain it. I found it easy to install because I've worked with this particular flooring before. I've always liked it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I've shopped with Lumber Liquidators two or three times and the most recent one was solid wood bamboo flooring. I had carpet and I wanted to replace it with hardwood. I wanted to have it quick and I wanted to have a look at what was available. First, I checked the website which was fine. I could see the discounts and I found the product that I was interested in. It was not on the display, so that was kind of a little bit of a problem, and it was not even in the showroom. But when I told the rep the product number, we looked it up on the computer, I showed him my printout from the web, and he found some samples for me in the storage. Also, I was offered the discounts without me asking for it. All of the comments were very helpful and we put together the order.

The pricing that I got was very good and it was like $2.50 per square foot. But the installation of the products started at $3 per square foot which was ridiculous. When I called in the installers, they said it was a starting point and it came to something like $5 per square foot which is two times more expensive than the material itself. Also, the delivery was not available instantly, so I had to rent a truck and I delivered it myself, but it was loaded in the Lumber Liquidators store. I called a different installer who did it for me at $1.20 per square foot and we did the installation, which was easy.

The flooring is very good value for money, so I really like it, the quality, and the packaging. We needed some trim and we immediately went to the store. It was not available in one of the stores, but they immediately contacted another store. We went there and picked it up. Overall, my experience was very positive with sales and material. This particular store that I was using was very good and so is the team there. The showroom was not showing all the products, which were available but it was understandable because it's not a big showroom. Lumber Liquidators is a store to check before making a decision where to buy. I'm going to eventually come to this store again.

Original review: June 20, 2018

A number of years ago, I had purchased a fair amount of ¾-inch Brazilian cherry flooring from Lumber Liquidators and did three bedrooms and two bathrooms at that time after we purchased this house. And I had not done two large closets at that time and so I had a bit of the product left. I purchased the same product this time to finish up the closets to make sure I had enough and add to what I had left over as it were when I did the earlier work.

The sales representatives who helped me were fine. I went in knowing what I had to match and that made it relatively straightforward for them to tell me that they had it or didn’t have it and they had it. Given that I'm older than I was when I did the earlier work, the installation was not exactly easy on old knees, but it was straightforward. And by and large, even though the actual brand of the flooring of that size that product was different, the packages indicated a different manufacturer that they had used, but it matched up satisfactorily.

With a lot of years in between, the quality of the new wood didn’t seem to be as good as what I got before. It's a tongue and groove product and there had been some difficulty at some point in time with some edge breakage, but it was on the underside, so it wasn’t bad. And I ran into a couple of cases where the grooves at the end pieces were not as deep as the tongue required. But it wasn't a major problem and I routed out what I need to make the joint. Still, I wouldn’t hesitate to tell somebody that I had a satisfactory matching experience with Lumber Liquidators and I'd recommend that they look into it.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy and thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: June 18, 2019

I went into the Lumber Liquidators store to check out the samples. The sales rep that I dealt with was very nice. He showed me all the different samples, and talked about the pros and cons of each of the different options available. He also told me what the pricing was. He said if I placed the order in the store, he would match the online pricing because the pricing was different. But I didn't know how much I needed, so I had to go back, check with my contractor, and then I placed the order online. Their website was pretty easy to use. They had a small little calculator in there and I could calculate how many boxes I needed.

The cost was very reasonable. I checked elsewhere as well for like products and the price was very competitive. The delivery took quite a while because they had to order the hardwood flooring and store it. I hired a private contractor to install it and he didn't complain about it. I have a pet in the house too, and the flooring has been holding up pretty good. My experience with Lumber Liquidators was pretty much as expected, and I'll go back over there if I have any future needs.

Original review: June 17, 2019

When I went to the Beltway 8 location of Lumber Liquidators, I had a little sketch of what it was I was trying to do. I also had pictures on my iPhone and the measurements. I told the salesperson I was looking for a real oak hardwood and they showed me around. They took my sketch and figured out how much I needed. They were very helpful and my interaction with them was easy.

I love the quality of the flooring. I ended up doing more than just the stairs and the two landing areas. I got a better price on the same product through a friend of mine but I wasn't so worried about prices. I was getting quality floorings and I got what I wanted. I also decided to do the hallway, the closet in the hallway and then the bedrooms. I did the entire upstairs into hardwood and I got lots and lots of compliments on it. It was a good deal and the flooring was awesome. I would recommend Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I built a spare room and bought bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. The cost in relation to the quality was excellent. I did the installation myself and it was okay. I’m a fairly handy so it wasn’t difficult at all. The final product is not the greatest thing but it’s good. But I would not go back to Lumber Liquidators. I feel that there is some deceitfulness that they pull over your eyes.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I went to the Lumber Liquidators in Clinton Township when I needed wooden floor, and they got me the wooden floor. It was a floating bamboo wood floor. The guys at the store were fantastic. They were very fast, efficient, and friendly. They did everything efficiently. They did a good job, and I was happy with them. The quality of the floor is all right but it could be better. I have some of them coming up a little bit. The cost in relation to the quality was a good ratio. The only thing that could have been better is if it was made in United States or one of our allies. I did the installation and it was simple. Floating floors are fantastic. Even the nail-downs are easy. I already have recommended Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I've been to Lumber Liquidators' store at Sanford for quite a few times and a couple of times in their other location. Their sales reps have done a great job and they were very helpful. When you go the store, they load everything up for you, and they ask to make sure you got everything you need. They'll go through the whole story of what you really do need. We chose the engineered wood and the cost is fair and their quality is all as good.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I originally ordered online and needed more. So I ordered again online but I ordered the wrong thing and Lumber Liquidators caught it. They knew it wasn’t what I ordered the first time. They asked me if it was the product that I wanted and I realized it was different. They were smarter than I was. And then I've purchased engineered bamboo flooring in their store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what I wanted. I did the installation and the product was absolutely incredible. It was easy to work it. There was only one or two broken pieces out of about 40 boxes. Lumber Liquidators is a great company.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I've used Lumber Liquidators many times over the years. Everything was great with their sales team. I purchased engineered hardwood flooring from them. I did the installation and it was super easy. The flooring has great quality and I keep buying it.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We ordered flooring for three rooms from Lumber Liquidators, we brought blueprints of all of the rooms to our local store and they didn’t read the measurements correctly. They sent a women out to measure the floor again to give us an estimate on installation and make sure we had enough supplies for the job and she also measured the floor incorrectly. This resulted in being six boxes of flooring short and a roll of padding. On the day of install the installers told us that our local Lumber Liquidators ordered the wrong wooden floor seam strips so we had to go back to the store.

The employee from Lumber Liquidators said “they do not know what they are talking about or doing!” They said this about the people THEY sent out to do my flooring. We were then charged for six boxes of flooring because they measured incorrectly, we should have never been charged for their mistakes... We called customer support and they said they would refund our six boxes we had to purchase that day. Weeks later and we still hadn’t received the refund. It took over five calls to simply get a refund for something we shouldn’t of been charged for in the first place.

They also didn’t have the same floor seam strips so they told us that we could pick some up at another store location that was over a half hour away... That wasn’t possible when we had the installers at the house. So we now have a different color wooden strips on our floor and they never offered to order the right ones to install later. We had a water leak that required the concrete in the kitchen to be jackhammered up and new concrete poured. They installers didn’t notice this and installed the floor on top of this without leveling this location. This caused the floor to buckle when walked on. There was also another spot where there’s was a small rock that was breaking through the floor. I had to get the corporate office involved to get my refund straightened out and to get the flooring fixed.

I explained to the lady from corporate customer service that we should have received more compensation for all of our issues but she expressed that Lumber Liquidators has already done a lot for us. All they have done was caused us issues, tried to charge us for extra things we didn’t even require such as moving appliances and a few other things, gave us the runaround for a refund for something we shouldn’t of been charged for in the first place, shorted us six boxes of flooring and a roll of padding, ordered the wrong product and said the people they sent to our house didn’t know what they where doing.

Lumber Liquidators didn’t do anything other then submit a warranty claim. When I said we deserved furthermore compensation for our problems the lady from corporate made it seem like the they were doing us a favor for getting the floor fixed with a warranty claim and stated that they also paid for an a box of flooring that was needed for the repair for issues their installers created.

I wouldn’t recommend Lumber Liquidators to my worst enemy. It is extremely rude that they are telling customers that their third-party installers don’t know what they are doing. That makes that company look bad when in reality lumber liquidators just needed to point the finger of blame to someone else when it was them who ordered the wrong items. That employees of the install company make a living off of installs and Lumber Liquidators is bashing their name to its own customers.... We have a whole house that needs new flooring and we will definitely not be contacting Lumber Liquidators for any other work.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking time to share you feedback. We take service complaints very seriously. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly regarding your concerns.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We got middle to high-grade engineered flooring from Lumber Liquidators. Their sales rep went over all of the flooring with us. We were looking at all different kinds of levels of flooring and he explained to us the hardness of them for our situation. He was very thorough. We installed the flooring and it was very easy. An absolute must is our nail gun and an air compressor. Since the installation, we have found the quality of the flooring to be excellent. If you're considering purchasing from Lumber Liquidators, ask their reps to let you touch the sample for you to feel it. Also, if you're planning to do the installation by yourself, mention that to them. They can talk you through the process. Overall, I had an excellent experience with Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased engineered bamboo flooring from a Lumber Liquidators store in Amarillo. The young man there was very knowledgeable and polite. He helped me out a lot. Lumber Liquidators had to order what I needed because I wanted a greater quantity than what they had when I first got there. The order came in a couple of weeks and worked just fine. We installed it ourselves as a floating floor and it was extremely easy to work with. Thus far, I really like the flooring. It scratches a little easier than I thought it would but it's a very pretty floor. For the quality, the price I got was good. I'm extremely pleased with Lumber Liquidators and would definitely use their products again.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased hardwood seven months ago from a Lumber Liquidators store in Hamilton, New Jersey. I interacted well with their reps. Their flooring is good for the cost and installing it was easy.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I bought red oak flooring from the Lumber Liquidators in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Their reps were both professional and courteous. The product was fine. I didn't have any problems. The guys that worked directly for me installed it and the process was easy enough. I got exactly what I needed.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Lumber Liquidators did a very good job. I'm very satisfied. It's a wonderful place to work with. I got hardwood floor in-store and I had a pleasant experience with the reps there. So far, so good.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

I am livid with the Southeast region. I ordered floors out of the Kennesaw GA store and scheduled installation. They screwed up their schedule and when their crew arrived, they left within the first 30 minutes because they weren't aware I was having tile laid down. I also had other contractors working in a different room than the floors were going to start being laid down. They claimed that it was my fault they were leaving because we had other contractors present. In their pre-installation forms it says nothing about not having other contractors working at the house. We complained and they worked with us and then made accommodations to come out the following day. I then got a call saying they weren't going to do the installation anymore and they think we should go separate ways.

Some guy named Scott ** got upset because we asked for a small rebate for compensation for them screwing up. Instead of talking it through with us, he canceled our appointment without even reaching out. I already paid this company $12k and all I want is my floors installed. I've never seen a business operate so poorly. It's not like I have a balance left over, I've paid IN FULL, and they are refusing to deliver on what I've paid for. I've done sales for years and sales management and the move Scott made, would not be acceptable anywhere I've ever worked. The customer is supposed to be first especially when they've paid and have been a repeat customer. They are the ones that didn't meet the schedule, not us, and they keep on disappointing. They have lawsuits against them for shady business practices which I wasn't aware of. If you're buying floors from these guys BEWARE.

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was trying to match up some wood that I already had and was having a hard time finding a match. I didn't know what to do and I was headed to one of the hardware stores, Home Depot. My original flooring came from one of the outlets out of Dalton. I couldn't find that match anywhere. It sold out. I was looking to find who could help me find the wide oak floors which were difficult to find in this region because that type of oak generally comes from certain parts of Tennessee. Red oak was way more available or accessible. I went to Lumber Liquidators and had a good experience with them.

I really received an education as to what to look for and why. Their people were very knowledgeable. They pointed me in the right direction and even let me know the kind of shade for the flooring. They paid attention to the type of knots and told me a lot about the age of the wood. They even helped me to see how I could be economical with the flooring and save some money with regards to what I was selecting - you could pick the mid-grade to top grade and so forth. The flooring wasn't cheap but they were reasonable and it was quality. They were willing to work with us and made it very easy to make a smooth transition with my existing floor. I was very happy with them.

I hired a contractor for the installation. They were people that I knew. They worked for me before and I was confident that they would do a good job. And they did. The flooring was almost a flawless match. I learned things about wood aging and changing with the lighting and time. The flooring darkened some as time went on which is nice because it started to match the other existing floors.

Original review: June 4, 2019

About the beginning of February my daughter and I visited Lumber Liquidators to purchase flooring. We were both remodeling our homes. Thinking we might receive a better price for quantity. In doing so we purchased approximately 6K dollars worth of flooring, I already had the 10% overage in my numbers but it was added again. This is not what hacks me, I returned today to return 8 boxes out of 60 that were left over and to now purchase all trim now needed to complete the job. This would have been more money in trim than the floor I was returning. All boxes were mint condition, but seems there is a 90 day return policy. I left and bought trim from Lowe’s. Whoever heard of a contractor finishing in 90 days. l loved the floor and how it turned out, but from now on, I will have that taste in my mouth. Never, Never Again. If anyone wants to know how I feel, just ask me???

Hello William,

Original review: June 4, 2019

The sales rep at the Lumber Liquidator Cambridge location was very helpful. We bought their hardwood flooring and it only took a few days to receive our order. I installed the flooring. I didn't have any trouble cutting it and it went down pretty welI. The flooring is excellent and it has done everything the rep said it would do. It’s a really good product.

Original review: June 3, 2019

The sales team directed me to what I needed in Lumber Liquidators. They were nice and the flooring was good. I got a 3.25-inch ash flooring and I used it on a job to make a threshold out of it.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased Hickory wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Aurora. I liked the price point on this particular product. Their salespeople were great. I then went and picked it up in Fort Collins. I did all the prep work and the finish work of the baseboards, but I had a family relative that had a flooring crew do the shooting. The flooring is amazing. As always, it was an awesome experience.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I purchased some engineered hardwood from Lumber Liquidators. All of my interactions were good. I've purchased the same stuff multiple times because I wasn't sure how far I was gonna go with the product. And it was easy to install. So, I kept going back to buy more. The quality of the flooring is good. The only thing is it shows scratches fairly well. I have dogs so it's tough to not scratch up that kind of a floor. So, I haven't done anything to try to really cover the scratches yet. The cost is also good. I went with the engineered hardwood since its easier to install and it's a bit cheaper than regular hardwood.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

Purchased LVT product to replace vinyl tile & carpet ruined by water damage in a child care center. The LVT looks great & is very low maintenance! The install was scheduled for 2 weekends just after Christmas & New Years when child attendance was very low (fewer than 25 children). Unfortunately, the vinyl cove base to complete the job didn't match, so the install crew couldn't complete the job. Through numerous phone calls between the store manager (my only contact) & myself, new cove base was ordered in late January 2019.

TWO months later & after numerous phone calls, the cove base was installed March 23, 2019, but the 2 areas where the LVT bubbled up were not replaced, as was scheduled for the same time by the crew. Throughout this process, I was in written communication with Lumber Liquidators credit personnel regarding why I had not paid the $5000 financed portion of the job. In my last written communication, I stated I was waiting until job completion to pay...although I had initially paid $31,719.83. Lumber Liquidators sent an employee to the child care center; the Director was asked to sign the job was completed. When I next contacted (in writing) Lumber Liquidators, they forwarded the slip signed by my employee. Thereafter daily credit phone calls began.

Additionally, on 5/21/19 although partial payment was scheduled & a commitment to pay 100% of balance ASAP, despite the incomplete repair job, I received a very threatening email. The threats included ruining both my personal credit rating & taking actions to ruin the company's credit rating. It is very hard to accurately rate the overall experience: Lumber Liquidators sales staff were great, installation crew was professional & on time...problems occurred with "special order" vinyl cove base taking so long (2 months), and replacing post installation problems.

Hello Pamela,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased wood flooring based on the samples presented by Lumber Liquidators. Product received was not a match for what I purchased. So badly off that it was not usable. Their response was that over time it would age but they couldn't tell me if this was even in my lifetime. I cancelled the order and they refused to refund the shipping charges. Don't do business with this company.

Hello Rick,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased my floor in late 2018. Shortly after the installation I noticed gaping in several areas. I called Barb in customer service who told me it was because my sub-floor was not flat and suggested I glue it with crazy glue. How she knew that my floor was not flat over the phone is beyond me. Using a straight edge if checked and found it to be flat within 1/16 over 8 ft. I was still told I would need to hire a certified inspector to do a report @ $550. Which Lumber Liquidators would not pay for even if they found nothing wrong with the installation. All I ask is that they send a representative to inspect.

Hello Frank,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: May 6, 2019

I wanted to install hardwood floor at the entrance of the house. I am very disappointed of the outcome of this job. They installed the floor without leveling the sub-floor, they cut the bottom of my basement door to fit the HIGH floor WITHOUT asking me or informing me and they added a transition which caused a tripping hazard in the middle of the family room. My floor looks like it's been done by a 5-year old, they ruined the entrance of my house and they damaged my basement door.

I was really looking forward to it but this is not what I expected at all. I've contacted the company in the past month and no one is willing to do anything about it and no response whatsoever. This is an absolutely horrific mess that they created in my home. None of my friends believe that I brought in a big company to do this job and it's sad that I paid so much money for a non-professional outcome. I do not recommend them AT ALL because they are unhelpful and only want money rather than helping their loyal customers.

Hello Sahar,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. A representative will be reaching out to you within 24-48 business hours.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: May 2, 2019

I got wood from Lumber Liquidators in Wheeling and the sales rep was unbelievable. Their knowledge and expertise was really good. Though there are pieces chipping, the quality of the wood is alright.

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information