4.16/5
Based on 985 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

2853 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

The floors are beautiful and durable and easy to install. The entire project took us about 12 hours including baseboards. We had put in the same bamboo floor about 7 years ago in the main house, this new batch was a little bit darker than those. We still need one more room to complete and will be placing another order soon.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Service and advice was very good and spot on. Floor installation very straightforward and as advertised. Install instructions helpful and accurate. I do have some suggestions regarding the product black highlighting, but that is not a LL issue. I had almost nothing left over, very close. A lot of the Black highlighting on the planks looked like printing, not feathered, with Sharon leading edges, and not parallel to the grain. In short, it was obviously printed. Overall look very good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Wanted hardwood floors but sub-flooring would need to be changed. Decided to go with a different flooring with a different method of install. Nothing but problems trying to get a correct install estimate. Finally get that corrected and wait for flooring pickup. Pick up flooring, but no trim pieces. Told a few days but don't see them for about 2 weeks. Pick up trim pieces and told installers will call. It's been a week and no call. A month process seems excessive especially when I still have no flooring installed. Please change my 1 star to 0 stars.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Staff was knowledgeable and helpful the day we examined samples and tried to understand the pricing. We also had good interactions upon making an order and completing payment on pick-up. The quality of the product also looks good after our installer completed the work.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Called to see if they had 3 more boxes of my wood, told me yes. I went to the store and paid for them, then when they came to the car they said a little prior damage from the forklift and they would take some $ off. Boxes clearly had been returned. They commented just a little damage on the end of a few boards. It was garbage. Very damaged, very warped. Maybe got 1 box worth out of all of it. Called to see if they had more, told no but they would look at another store and call me back. Never bothered to do so. I finally found some at the Scottsdale store. I felt like it was such a setup to wait until they bring the ratty already paid for boxes to my car then do a wheel n deal. Not very professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

1/2 click Bamboo with Premium Underlayment... Looks great, Feels like nail down, easy to install (Use a GOOD saw). Some of the hardest wood you can get for flooring, Very, Very few damaged boards, order 10% extra... Don't worry if you need to go back for more, different lots match up nicely.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Installer(s) was (were) very good (Just Floors - Hiram **, Brandon **). Wood looks great. Dealing with Lumber Liquidators very professional. Would deal with Lumber Liquidators and Just Floors again. Lumber Liquidators took leftover wood and threshold with no complaining.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I started this order in August 2017, job has to be redone three times and until now I’m not satisfied! It’s a long unbelievable story. Floor keeps cracking and installers seem not to know what they are doing. I need to have this work finished and so far it's not possible.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Salesman was friendly and helpful. Order arrived quickly. Product was of high quality. Only about 6' of the 17 boxes was waste due to defect. I realize it was "mill run" but one box actually had ONLY pieces that were about 1' long. See picture. I was able to mix it with other boxes, but on a small job, it would have looked like parquet. Extremely please overall. Will do business again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Product is of good quality, looked exactly as expected and was simple to install. Order arrived at warehouse on time and I was happy to be able to return the two extra boxes that I did not use. I am a returning customer to Lumber Liquidators and will be back.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The store located in LaVergne, TN was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the experience of shopping at this store. Our wait time was very short as compared to another store. Our questions were answered professionally about another type of flooring for a rental home.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Great product, love it! Easy to install, made a huge difference in the look of our home. We did the whole house and looks great. I would recommend this product and company to everyone. Lumber Liquidators is where I will always shop for flooring!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had flooring installed in my home in May of 2017. Hardwood Bamboo throughout most of the house. Since I am not a handy person I went through their installer to get it installed. I purchased all the materials, had them at my house and followed all the protocols. Shortly after the flooring was finally installed it started to burst at the seams while also pulling up the floorboards that they were under. The floor was now unsafe to walk on because of how high it became in one portion of the floor specifically. The installer and I spoke in July and a home inspector was brought out (on the installer dime, not LL's) to help determine what caused this to happen. It was determine that the Hardwood bamboo should not have been glued down and that's what caused the wood to warp. The floor being glued down was a requirement according to LL for this type of flooring.

After this occurred I called their customer service and put a claim. I provided all the information they asked for with lots of pictures, the home inspectors report, and pictures proving there was no moisture that would have caused this in the cement under the wood. At the same time this was going on at least 3 other people were having the same issue I did. Lumber Liquidator's answer was that it was not the Glue's fault and that it was the installers issue. And that was that. Past that I was not ever given a call or email back from my case handler. I called multiple times to her direct line and it always went to the voicemail which I always left my name and number however I never heard back from her again. When I called the 1800 number the customer service reps only said they could transfer me to her or to her supervisor. I tried the supervisor a couple times and they also weren't around.

The last laughable occurrence was when I was speaking to the installer and he asked for a copy of the home inspectors report from the inspector they had sent out. This had never occurred but apparently they had told him they had come out and inspected the house but found an answer that satisfy their reply of "it's not our fault, it's the installer's". Now I know why they never answered or called me back, because if I had asked for what proof they had to close the case because of this reasoning, they wouldn't have been able to provide any.

I'm at my wit's end and obviously it's coming up on a year since my floors were installed and I am no closer to getting an answer. I went with a company that had a good reputation and have never felt like I am let on an island all by myself. I am out a lot of money now and continue to make payments on the flooring because even if I stopped making payments It would only hurt me in the long run and not LL. This has been the worst experience in my home-owning life and I will never recommend anyone uses them ever again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I purchased the odd lot for my properties and I find the quality great for rental properties. I also find the pricing good. I have referred others to the store. They include family and my business partners who own rental as well. I think those with business should be offered an incentive.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Attempted to complete a flooring job. When I noticed a box had been open and was missing a long panel. When it came down to the end of the job the one piece would have completed the floor. Instead I had to purchase a entire box. The store manager did not even attempt to make this right with me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

At 3 different time I have sent Angela a group of emails with the required pictures and claim paperwork. I have also left 3 voicemails with no response. This is over a 2 month period. Since I don’t get a response, I don’t know if she received them or what the deal is. The homeowner has called multiple times as well with no luck. Silly to loose out on so much in future sales over a $300 flooring sale. I’m a general contractor and have probably spent close to $40k over the last year or two with lumber liquidators and the lack of communication makes me look like I’m not doing my job effectively.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Better than last time I was there and had to wait over an hour because a guy had to go pick up his kid... That sucked because three other customers had to wait as well. Thank God my house is done done done... This time guys were quick, polite, and helped load my car.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Highly recommend to a family and friend. Everybody at the store is very helpful. I got my hardwood in a very low price, and they have more selection than any store. Probably I will them my business again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Matt and Anson were hard workers during the installation and very helpful with caring furniture back in the rooms. They were polite and we enjoyed having them here. Joe was professional when here taking the measurements. Yanna was a big help in helping us to decide which floor to pick. We would recommend Lumber Liquidators to our friends.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The pieces did not fit together as typical of good quality flooring. Many pieces were warped and unusable. The installers took twice as long to do the job because the wood did not lie evenly. Creaking is still a problem.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The manager and all the people at the store were awesome. I gave the install a 3 star because the cut my stairs and they are not to building code. It took three calls to get anyone to call back and then they had the nerve to say they tried to call me but they had not. I am still waiting on new stairs (they said maybe two weeks). My daughter has almost fallen down the stairs twice. I cannot have my elderly mother over since the stairs are not safe. All in all the install looks very good except the stairs.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Your guys at Lumber Liquidators on Hickman in West Des Moines are helpful and we buy 100% of our floors from them for that reason. They answer any questions or concerns we have and the project comes out just like they said it would.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Sales was very helpful and nice to deal with. Was able to get it delivered in a timely fashion. The material was in good shape nice to work with. I would definitely recommend the select red oak and Lumber Liquidators to friends and family when they are in the market for new flooring.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When the laminate was brought into the house, the box was opened until the installation. The next morning, I had a very bad headache and was dizzy. I was thinking it was the flu, but I went to the store and talked to the manager about this and he stated that in four or five days it would go away. Now I am fine, the floor was installed very well. I am happy with the work that the men did.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring - I had it installed using a Lumber Liquidators contractor. They did an excellent job. Nice people, clean, efficient, careful. Very pleased with my new floor. Chris at the Hyannis, MA store was very knowledgeable about the available products and options and matched me up with the perfect choice in flooring. I have no problem telling people where I got my flooring and who installed it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had the most wonderful experience dealing with the store employees at the Falls store. The personnel are very knowledgeable, courteous and offered me great advice which I took gladly. They saved me from making huge mistakes. Thumbs up for all the people at the Falls area store.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Pricing are fair but the service in returning extras as gone bad, you used to have really good customer care from the folks in the store. I had to drive extra two times all the way to Raleigh to return extras.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The staff in the store was helpful, but boy was it hard to pick hardwood that was in stock. There was no easy way for them to tell me what we could pick from and much of what we did choose, they didn't have.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have been working with Tony and Samantha at the Longmont Colorado office. They have been very patient with my wife and I as we have worked through this process. It has taken us over 2 months of looking at samples and speaking with both of them make our decision. I moved my business to the Longmont store from another Denver Metro store because the Longmont store was more organized in their Front Sales, Customer Service and Warehouse organization. We have picked up some of the lumber and the rest is being delivered at a later date. We have Samantha's installer doing the work because of her high recommendation of his work.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I'm a frequent buyer of flooring at Lumber Liquidators. Overall my experiences have been good. The only negative I've experienced was with your policy on accepting checks for payment. I'm a consistent repeat customer yet had cases where your staff did not allow me to pay with checks, and that been unpleasant. In some cases I bought from another supplier when I would have been happy buying from you instead if your policy were different. Thank you.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information

www.lumberliquidators.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use