Call toll free
4.32/5
Based on 874 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than two decades, Lumber Liquidators has been committed to providing millions of customers with quality flooring that is sustainable, affordable, and beautiful. That’s why we’ve become the market leader. We take pride in our products, we are proud to use them in our own homes, and we are proud to sell them to you.

In 2015, questions were raised about some of our Chinese-made laminate flooring products. So that our customers could be confident in the laminate flooring in their homes, we voluntarily implemented a free customer in-home air testing program in May of 2015. Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we committed to continuing the testing program in June of 2016.

Through the test program, we have tested over 1,600 floors without a single floor testing above the CPSC’s remediation guideline levels. This means that not a single floor has needed to be replaced. Despite these results, we encourage all customers who are concerned about their Chinese-made laminate floors to visit the "Quality" page under Helpful Information from our website.

Lumber Liquidators Video
Lumber Liquidators Gallery (1)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

3193 Lumber Liquidators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

A number of years ago, I had purchased a fair amount of ¾-inch Brazilian cherry flooring from Lumber Liquidators and did three bedrooms and two bathrooms at that time after we purchased this house. And I had not done two large closets at that time and so I had a bit of the product left. I purchased the same product this time to finish up the closets to make sure I had enough and add to what I had left over as it were when I did the earlier work.

The sales representatives who helped me were fine. I went in knowing what I had to match and that made it relatively straightforward for them to tell me that they had it or didn’t have it and they had it. Given that I'm older than I was when I did the earlier work, the installation was not exactly easy on old knees, but it was straightforward. And by and large, even though the actual brand of the flooring of that size that product was different, the packages indicated a different manufacturer that they had used, but it matched up satisfactorily.

With a lot of years in between, the quality of the new wood didn’t seem to be as good as what I got before. It's a tongue and groove product and there had been some difficulty at some point in time with some edge breakage, but it was on the underside, so it wasn’t bad. And I ran into a couple of cases where the grooves at the end pieces were not as deep as the tongue required. But it wasn't a major problem and I routed out what I need to make the joint. Still, I wouldn’t hesitate to tell somebody that I had a satisfactory matching experience with Lumber Liquidators and I'd recommend that they look into it.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy and thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Lumber Liquidators sells good products and they are reasonably priced. They do the right thing and follow up too. My general contractor recommended them and I purchased some cork flooring. I had a very good interaction with the sales representatives such that when I went in there, they waited on me promptly. Then I went around and they showed me all the different stuffs. They were very kind and they answered some questions for me. And when it came time to pick it up, they let me know when the stock was in. They had the stock that I wanted in no time at all. I went down there and they did the same thing. They got it out the back, loaded it into my vehicle for me, and I couldn't ask for more than that. My general contractor installed the flooring and it was very simple to work with. So, make sure you go there as they would take good care of you.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Lumber Liquidators. We strive to provide the best customer experience and your positive feedback will allow us to continue providing stellar service. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website at www.lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy and thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2018

We bought four boxes of different stuff from Lumber Liquidators and put down 30 square feet of the flooring. Then, said we didn’t like it, so we boxed it back up and brought it back. After that, we ordered some Hickory hardwood floor but it's on backorder and we haven't received it yet. A couple of their sales reps were very knowledgeable and helpful. They were all pretty accommodating as well. Plus, their prices were good. I’d recommend someone to go check them out.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for being a valuable customer. We appreciate your dedication and compliments to our staff willingness to help customers receive stellar service. Enjoy your new Floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: June 17, 2018

We decided we were in a crunch and the floors that we wanted to get from another company wasn't available. My contractor got one of Lumber Liquidator's engineered woods. They were a special order and I was there to go and pick out what I wanted. Lumber Liquidators had it available and contractor went and picked it up the next day. And it looked beautiful. Also the sales reps were very nice, knowledgeable, efficient and everything went fine. The installation took three hours and the flooring is of very good quality. So I'm gonna be using Lumber Liquidators from now on. The cost is also very good. So get your flooring product there. Don’t waste your time on anybody else.

Hello Henry,

Thank you for sharing your shopping experience. Our goal is to provide product knowledge and stellar service to our customers. You can send before and after pictures to our gallery online at www.LumberLiquidators.com for a free bottle of floor cleaner. Enjoy your new floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: June 16, 2018

Lumber Liquidators is very popular with their floors. So, it was the first company I thought of when purchasing my floor and they have a wide selection floors. Going in, I already knew what I wanted, so I just went in and told their reps what I wanted and they were able to help me out with it and they did a pretty good job with that. They did everything I asked of them, took care of me, and made some recommendations as far as how many square feet I needed. Overall, I think it was a pretty good job. I purchased some bamboo laminate floors and I installed them myself. It was very easy. They click in place and they have a very simple design. And I'm kinda handy so it wasn't a big deal. The only thing I was concerned about was the formaldehyde in the floors. But there are no chemical smells coming out the floor so, I think we're gonna be all right. So far, everything is good and Lumber Liquidators is doing a good job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lumber Liquidators?

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm happy with the service that I got from Lumber Liquidators. The reps that I dealt with in two occasions were very helpful. I did the installation of the bamboo flooring and the quality was fine. Lumber Liquidators is a good company.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. Bamboo is one of our ECO friendly products that looks, feels, and performs like hardwood. Our goal is to provide quality product along with the best customer experience.

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: June 14, 2018

We got a new house and one room was a carpeted area that had lots of dog pee. It smelled and I wanted to upgrade it to the wood floor that was matching the flooring next to them. The sales team at Lumber Liquidators was pretty good. I showed them some images of the existing floor for recommendations. They seemed pretty knowledgeable and gave me some advice. I got a red oak hardwood flooring and everything is great with it. I ordered extra boards in case we needed it and I was able to return it pretty easily. Overall, Lumber Liquidators had good price and their service was pretty good.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I recently purchased an engineered hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators. Their reps have been real good. They were very polite and very helpful. I installed the flooring myself for about a week. The product is nice with excellent quality and it is easy to work with.

Hello Sean,

Social Media Specialist, Customer Care

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had laminate floor in my house and I needed to replace it. Lumber Liquidators was the closest one to me, so I got my new flooring from them. Their sales reps did a good job helping me find what I needed. I got the antique hazel bamboo floor and it’s good quality. I've really enjoyed it. The cost is great and dead-on, too. But I ordered some T-mold and I paid for it, but they didn’t tell me that it was not a part of the shipment that came to my house. When the installation was halfway done and I was looking for it, it wasn’t there. And when I went to the store to ask for it, they said they were not gonna have it for another three days. Other than that, Lumber Liquidators was great and I'd tell my friends to to ahead and buy there.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We wanted hard floors in our house and got engineered hardwood from Lumber Liquidators. Their sales reps were great and super helpful. We installed the flooring ourselves and it was super easy. Our house was old so we had some uneven wall that we had to maneuver around but we got it installed pretty well. It looks great.

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s so nice to hear about the wonderful service your received from our staff. Engineered Hardwood is an excellent choice, it's extremely stable, which means it's the perfect floor for any level of the home. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have old carpet in my house and I have allergies so I decided to update my floors. I bought some bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators and found that the people at the place I went to were much more efficient and pleasant to work with than those at the Lakewood store where I went to pick up my second purchase. Also, there were a lot of challenges in working with the bamboo flooring since I can ruin my floor if it's not done properly. Nevertheless it has worked out for me and I'm really happy with it.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I'm a woodturner and I go to Lumber Liquidators looking for one-off boxes that is they have one box left over after they sold the rest off. And they can't get rid of them because nobody wants to buy just one box and adding it to another order. I got nine boxes so far and they're all different but they're working great for me. I strip off the finish, get back to the bare wood, cut the interlocking sides off both sides, so I end up with a flat, squarish piece and then I laminate them together into a shape I want and then I turn them on a lathe. So they're unique pieces.

The Lumber Liquidators sales people have been very good and very helpful. They were very accommodating and several times, they've called me up and said, "Hey, we've got a couple boxes of this. Are you interested?" I went down and they brought me to the back and loaded up a whole bunch of boxes that they had just a few of, put it on a big skid and let me go through it and I picked what I wanted. I was very pleased, and I was interested, so I bought them. I can't use everything they have but I've been sharing it with other woodturners in my club and some of them have been buying boxes as well. At our meetings, I'm always showing them the latest piece I made with Lumber Liquidators. And so I'm always recommending them to go in.

Hello Paul,

We are so excited to hear you found the product needed for your project. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience and your positive feedback will allow us to continue providing stellar service. Enjoy!

Original review: June 8, 2018

It was the first time I had to use Lumber Liquidators. Their rep hooked me up, gave me a call and ordered for me. I didn't have to pay right off the bow. The transaction went real smooth.

Hello Glenn,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your great experience with Lumber Liquidators. Providing excellent pricing and service is our goal. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: June 8, 2018

The people at Lumber Liquidators answered all my questions and they gave us some information. They told me what I was going to need and they provided it. Everything was pretty good. We purchased bamboo polished flooring and they recommended we order 10% more for the cuts, so we are probably gonna end up with about a third of the purchase to return once the work is done.

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Bamboo is very popular and is one of our ECO friendly products. Find more information on the care for your new floor at lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy your floor!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Over the years, I always came back to Lumber Liquidators whenever I was considering something. For some reason, I thought I did them before, maybe 15 years ago. I consider factors such as price, availability, and the warranty on the flooring as important. I check whether the price is good and that the flooring is available in the stores and doesn't need to be ordered up by import. Because when I do a project, a lot of times that project is now. It’s not three weeks out and I don't wanna be out of a room.

I had a little bit of water damage and we're getting ready to do the entire house. But we only did one major room. It was just one of those things that we wanted and wanted to do and this was the time to do it. So, we just did it. I’ve built stuff and done a lot of remodeling myself over my lifetime so I went in at Lumber Liquidators knowing what I wanted. I’d already done my research and I’d already picked out the bamboo flooring. While I had a limited interaction with the sales people, they were great and everything was perfect. They were very professional and very on-target for the little bit of dealings that I had. Then, I’ve done installation before and I would’ve done it myself if I was in town but I wasn't. Lumber Liquidators gave me a great price on doing it so I had a contractor do it. The flooring is beautiful and I couldn’t ask for anything anymore.

Hello Donald,

Original review: June 7, 2018

We were renovating the whole house. We got an engineered hardwood from Lumber Liquidators. I did look around and they were cheaper compared to others by far. I found what I wanted and ordered it. It was a pretty seamless process except I ordered extra and when I went to pick it up, they gave me the wrong stuff. So, I had to have my contractor bring it back and exchange it. But the flooring went down fine. This was the second time I’ve floored a house with Lumber Liquidators. The first time it was a prefinished hardwood. However, it was a little soft in itself, and it scratches fairly easy, but it went down fine as well. It was also super cheap and worth it.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased some wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators over a year ago and I got some wood flooring from them again recently, but it was a different floor this time. When I went into the store, it was very good with the sales reps. They didn’t pressure me and they were ready when I was ready. I picked up the wood that I purchased. The quality of the wood that I got was perfect. For its quality, it was fairly priced. I installed the flooring myself and doing that was okay. Lumber Liquidators was very professional and I wouldn’t have any apprehension about telling other people to use them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We bought some flooring and the pad for under it, a nail gun and the staple from Lumber Liquidators. When we first went in and were just looking, we didn’t know what kind of flooring we wanted, but the sales rep was very helpful. He spent as much time with us as we had questions and he was knowledgeable. He wasn't pushy and he had explanations for why we need to do this and why we need to do that. And it made perfect sense and we were totally satisfied.

We got the Distressed Strand Bamboo. I liked the idea that the bamboo is a rapidly renewable resource, and the price was good, and we liked the way it looked. The quality seems good, too. We’ve never done the actual hardwood before. We’ve always done the laminate and so, it seems a lot better than that. The installation was easy. My husband, Earl, is still working on the hallway and he said it’s kind of a bummer to cut a notch out of it. It cuts into the piece but then the one in-between them don’t even make a saw that he has that does that. It’s really hard stuff, but Earl got it. And we have a son who is a housing contractor and he told him a better way to do it, too. And Earl also said it’s kind of fun and it’s an amazing flooring. It goes together nice.

We went to Lowe’s, Mart’s, Home Depot, and to other flooring places online and looked around, and Lumber Liquidators had the best price for what we got. The only thing is that the picture of the flooring that we got on the website is not the product that we got. It’s got much more variety, more golden brown and medium and dark browns. And if you click on the regular Strand Bamboo and the Distressed, it’s both the same picture and neither one is correct. So, that’s misleading because it is so beautiful in the picture. What we got is much darker and not as much variety of color as what the picture leads you to believe. But still, we’d definitely recommend Lumber Liquidators to anybody.

Hello Belinda and Earl,

Thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators for your DIY project. Bamboo is very popular and comes in several unique styles, stains, and textures. We strive to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchased Bamboo flooring from Lumber Liquidators. What they had for the money that I was getting was the best value. I talked to their rep and he would follow up with me every week or so. It was good and they were helpful.

Hello Drew,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. Bamboo is one of our ECO friendly products that looks, feels, and performs like hardwood. We strive to provide the best customer experience and your positive feedback will allow us to continue providing stellar service. Enjoy your new!

Original review: June 5, 2018

We bought a new house and the whole house had wood floor in it, but we wanted the kitchen to unmatch the rest of the house. We purchased unfinished white oak flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I pretty much looked either at Lowe’s, Home Depot, or Lumber Liquidators. And it was cheaper there at Lumber Liquidators, so that was why I got it from them. It did seem a little weird that the unfinished wood was a little more expensive than the finished wood though but it was 4.30 a square foot which was pretty cheap. I called, told them what I wanted and the interaction with the sales rep was professional. The flooring looks pretty good and it seems like it’s high quality.

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: June 4, 2018

We got some Hickory flooring for Dad's dining room and our experience then made it easier for me to purchase from Lumber Liquidators when my wife and I decided to re-do the living room. We drove the 120 miles to choose and order the flooring. 3/4" x 31/2" Acacia Tobacco Road T&G flooring. It sat in the house for just over 1 year before I got around to installing it, but I think it turned out great. There was a good variety of lengths in each of the boxes that we opened. The guys at Lumber Liquidators were very nice and informative. The product arrived pretty much when they said it would, and everything worked out very well. Install the floor yourself if you can. It really saves on waste if you are careful. I bought enough, and still have the dining room to do too.

Hello Milo,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. The Builder's Pride by Dura-Wood brings a beauty of a solid prefinished hardwood floor to your home. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Our carpet needed to be replaced and I liked the sales representative at Lumber Liquidators very much so I bought hardwood flooring from them. The cost is too high but the quality of the flooring is okay. A team installed it and everything is fine.

Hello Zohrab,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Find more information on the care for your new floor on our website at www.lumberliquidators.com under the Flooring 101 tab. Enjoy and thank you for choosing Lumber Liquidators.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I wanted to update my flooring and Lumber Liquidators' selection was a little more than what my local Lowe’s had. I didn’t like the options there. So I went with Lumber Liquidators and they were very helpful. They were very knowledgeable about the products and they answered if I had questions why one was different from another. I bought some arcadia hardwood tongue and groove, and they gave me advice about installation. I installed it with a family friend who’s a general contractor and so far, it's been great. It was expensive but I got a good product and I’d recommend it. Lumber Liquidators nailed it. I like the product and I had a good experience. In fact, that was just one room and I plan on using them for the rest of the house.

Original review: June 3, 2018

When I finally had the time and resources to do my flooring, I went to Lumber Liquidators and purchased oak hardwood. Their staff was really friendly and very nice. The woman I worked with was really helpful because I needed to call back and pay and she wanted to make sure I have the right floor. And I really appreciate the good customer service. I only went in once and it was in a rush time-wise but everything was good so far.

I hired a contractor who usually works with Lumber Liquidators to do the installation. He’s the one who recommended me to go to Lumber Liquidators and he's been really great and helpful. Installation has been started but there are a lot of pieces with chips in them and I’m not sure if it's supposed to be like that. I didn’t buy the most expensive flooring but it wasn’t the cheapest one either. It’s not terrible quality, but it's just not great. So, I’m just a little bit concern. I haven't been able to call them and sort of see what they can do about that. I would probably recommend them but be careful or more diligent in checking the pieces beforehand which I didn’t do.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I bought one bundle of Red Oak flooring from Lumber Liquidators for a small job that I do. I am a handyman, so I do some repairs now and then. The sales representative I dealt with was really helpful. He knew his business and was very friendly. I installed the product and I still had to do the process of sanding and staining, but it was pretty good. It wouldn’t crack when the nails were driven in. So, it was good quality and pretty much an easy process. And it was at a good price. It’s a good company with a big stock and a big selection of materials. I will recommend them.

Hello Jose,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to provide quality product at competitive prices along with the best customer experience. Enjoy your new floor!

Original review: June 2, 2018

My wife wanted to update the flooring, so I came by the store of Lumber Liquidators. The store was set up nicely and all the different displays were set up well. The products were easy to locate and it wasn't hard to determine one type of product from another so the customers could make their pick. But what really sold me was that, without a doubt, their salesman was the best. He was very helpful and he had a great presentation on their products. He knew everything about what he was selling and he wasn’t pressuring me.

I purchased some dark brown, bamboo hardwood floor. Just by looking at the sample of the flooring that the salesman gave me, I was sold on it and I was satisfied with it. I got the engineering grade of hardwood and in comparison with another flooring company that I went to, almost all the prices of Lumber Liquidators for the different types of hardwood were reasonable. I’ll probably have the flooring installed this week. I had planned on getting someone to install it for me, but I’m one of those guys that do a lot of things and I’ll probably do it myself.

Hello Hicks,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. We are so excited to hear about the wonderful service you received from our staff. Our goal is to provide product knowledge and stellar service to our customers. Enjoy your new floor!

Social Media Specialist, Customer

Original review: June 1, 2018

The floor was installed in January 2018, and I noted problems soon after and conveyed that message to a representative that called me on 1-31-18 to ask how I liked the new floor. I submitted photos and emails to the corporate office. I called the local San Antonio, Texas, store many times. I received LOTS of PROMISES that this was going to be addressed, and yet I have not heard from them in over two months. My advice is DO NOT let Lumber Liquidators install your floor. The "Installation that is 100% guaranteed" statement on the website is a JOKE.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I ordered my flooring, watched the status change from “ordered, in route, to delivered at store”... Took about 3 or 4 days. I was advised my order was ready for pickup. I called the store and was told that my floor was “oversold”. Appears that someone else ordered the same floor as me but she was shorted a box, so one of my boxes was given to her and therefore shorted me a box. Item was on clearance and unable to be ordered again so I was just out of luck! Will NEVER order from Lumber Liquidators again. I was refunded but not compensated for their mistake and my disappointment.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was replacing floor in a current existing home and Lumber Liquidators was the only ones that actually had any in-stock. I initially ordered online and I was a little bit confused about how that worked. There was an order number that the online system gave me, but it did not match up with anything in stores. So, when I called they weren’t able to actually tell me what my order was. They had to do a lot of searching for it. Then I found out later they didn’t have the wood flooring in-stock. It happened that somebody else actually bought all of them at the same time. So, they had to order it but at least they could still get it.

Then there were a few little hiccups or a little bit of a delay on the front end after I had placed the order where one of their customer service representatives called me about a week and a half to tell me when the actual shipping of the flooring was going to happen. He said that it would probably be six weeks. It was on a Friday when I called the store and then that night I got an email that said my order was in and would be there. And then I got a call on Saturday from them saying it was in. Somebody cancelled their order, the manufacturer shipped it, then I ended up being able to get the product. Overall, it came early so I was very happy about that.

The overall quality of the flooring, out of the box, was fine and there was nothing wrong with it. I was matching it to an older flooring and it doesn’t quite match but a lot of that is due to the sun. The sun darkens up the Brazilian cherry after a while. They may have changed their tongue and groove slightly, so there’s little stuff there. But as an installer, I know that that’s not that meant by the manufacturer of the flooring.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We wanted a nicer floor, something that would last and looks nice too. We tried all the stores, but Lumber Liquidators had a bigger variety. It's one store for floors. We got the Brazilian pecan solid hardwood floors from them and the sales reps in the store in Fairfield in New Jersey were great. They were knowledgeable about the product too. When we asked questions, they knew the answers, as well. So far, the quality of the flooring is great and I had no problem with the cost. You really get what you pay for.

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback. The Bellawood Brazilian Pecan is an excellent choice with organic tones which varies from light tan to dark brown offering contemporary sophistication. Please visit www.bellawood.com to register you 100 year transferable warranty or contact Customer Care 800-366-4204 to request your warranty.

Lumber Liquidators expert review by Joseph Truini

Lumber Liquidators founder, Tom Sulivan, began reselling excess and unwanted wood in 1993, and the first Lumber Liquidator store opened in 1996. The company now has stores in almost every state and is headquartered in Virginia.

• Cost: Lumber Liquidators purchases their products directly from mills and manufacturers, so they can sell flooring products for less than many of their competitors. They also have sale items at further reduced prices, and interested consumers can sign up for email discounts.

• Environmentally conscious: The company only purchases wood from suppliers who have sustainable harvesting practices. They also offer a wide variety of eco-friendly flooring materials like bamboo and cork.

• Blog: Interested consumers can visit the company’s blog to get tips on choosing and installing flooring. They can also see before and after pictures from other consumers for ideas about their own flooring project.

• Price guarantee: Lumber Liquidators will match any competitor's price on the same quality of product. Consumers can receive a refund if a similar product goes on sale at a competitor's location within seven days of their purchase. If a product goes on sale at Lumber Liquidators within 30 days of a customer’s purchase, the company will also refund the difference.

• Live chat: Customers who wish to make a purchase online can receive the same service and advice they would in a brick-and-mortar location. The website features a live chat tool so customers can get immediate answers to their flooring questions.

• Best for: Budget seekers, those with pets and children, online shoppers and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Lumber Liquidators Company Information