1.10/5

Looking for a flooring company?

formerly Avalon Carpet Tile and Flooring

Looking for a flooring company?

22 Avalon Flooring Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

Ordered floor tile on sale. I was given a sale price of 2.39 sf. Total price was 249.95, and I paid a $200.00 deposit for the order (Have receipt marked as such). After 5 weeks I was told tile arrived. When I went to get and pay the balance I was told they made a mistake, and the price was 3.59 sf.. Although I had my 2.39 priced order, they refused to honor it. They never emailed me about a wrong price, or let me know when they called me to pick up order. Complete bait and switch! Refunded my deposit and I will never do business with them again. BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The installation of tile was horrible. What a mess. They never cleaned up. Pushed appliances into the dining room without removing furniture for enough room and scratched the buffet and dining room table. No response since August. Just recently I vacuumed behind my dryer and washing machine and there were over 30 pieces of the old tile behind the appliances. They have taken pictures of the furniture many times. I have called many times no response at all. I cannot believe what a difference when I used another tile place for the master bathroom. The owner came every day to see what the installer was doing and what a magnificent Jackson Tile did. What a difference. Wish I had know of them before I went to Avalon. I guess I am on my way to small claims court. The only nice person was the saleslady and the woman who came to measure.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I would be so cautious about using Avalon Flooring for any products or services. We recently put a deposit down to have wood floors put in our basement. We had an agreement with a store manager and an associate to reduce the price upon return of some over purchasing of products from a previous job. Now that the site has our money, they will not honor the agreement and will now not give us a refund. They have a deposit and no floors have been delivered or put in place. Now we are having to dispute charges with our credit card company because the store refuses to even talk to us.

Original review: April 25, 2018

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AVALON, MOHAWK OR LEGGETT & PLATT. We purchased a carpet from Avalon, Mohawk manufactured the carpet, Leggett & Platt manufactured the padding. Within months our house was covered in this orange glaze, it was on our walls, bedding, clothes, dishes, the carpeting, even our white cat! We filed a claim with our homeowners and after eight thousand dollars of testing we find out our house is inundated with polystyrene, a cancer causing neurotoxin. We contacted Avalon who sent out a sample to Leggett and Mohawk.

Leggett refused to disclose the chemical content of the padding, refused to give us the lot number and refused to test our sample against a control piece. Mohawk just denied the claim without giving a reason. The report the chemical engineer who did the testing clearly stated that the only source for this level of contamination could be the carpet and/or the padding. It cost us thousands to clean the house and replace the flooring. The homeowners insurance did not cover it. I have pictures and a copy of the test reports upon request.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My appt was to be in 30 minutes when Lou from the Philadelphia (Columbus blvd) location called. He demanded $250 for the person to come to center city Philly (2 miles) for the quote. I said this was not mentioned previously, the apt for the hardwood install had the 3 bathrooms and hall tile purchased from Avalon, and I wanted to speak to the mngr. The mngr was "off" today, Tuesday, and there wasn't anyone to talk to me. I asked for the regional office and was put on hold. After a few minutes he agreed to the orig agreement that there was no charge for the quote and the person who measures would show up, as scheduled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avalon Flooring?

Original review: March 28, 2016

In Nov. 2015, I had Armstrong laminate flooring installed by Avalon's professional installers. I was told that they were in-house installers trained by the flooring manufacturer. When they arrived only one spoke English. He lined up the men and left to return only after the job was done. Noticed that the flooring creaked. Called installation dept. After waiting a few weeks, they sent someone out to look at floor. His recommendation was to replace floor but he would have to notify his supervisor. The supervisor came out and checked floor. Agreed that it should be replaced. Faulty material. Finally filed complaint with Armstrong. They denied it twice. Said it was an installation problem. I guess I will have to live with it. I would not recommend Avalon or anything. They do not stand by their installation or products. They just get your money and could care less about your satisfaction. Please shop elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

OC location... Very rude, not very helpful, would not give breakdown of estimated costs despite me having measurements, major attitude with salesperson I spoke with, gave me one estimate for installing an under layer for engineered hardwood of 1800.00 not including installing the actual floor. Had gotten other estimates for less than (1500.00) that to do the entire under lay and hardwood install including 4 stairs. No thanks.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

I went Avalon to price 5 bathrooms in a house I am having built in Ocean City!!! After two weeks I still don't have a quote on the 5 bathrooms, I did however get a price on a travertine tile floor that was $10,000 higher than another Tile store. Don't take my word for it just be sure to shop their pricing before you agree to do business with them. By the way I even called their manager who could care less. I guess when you overcharge people that much you can afford to upset those people looking for a fair price from a reputable business. I have asked them to simply give me the names of the tile we have picked for the bathrooms since they didn't price the job, they haven't done that either. So everyday I will find a new review site to share my unpleasant experience. The Egg Harbor store is where I went but again after talking to one of the corporate manager customer service is not important to these people!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

We ordered a floating vinyl, cork floor for our kitchen. When the first guy (22 yrs old) showed up, I was concerned because the appliances are heavy. He said he could handle it. I noticed when he was putting in the floor, he was breaking off the tongues that would fit into the groove. He said, "it doesn't matter it happens all the time." He had trouble moving the fridge which he did damage as a result and a Maytag repairman had to be called. His work was sloppy, miter cuts were off, and seams were not tight. I asked Avalon to come back and take out the floor and return my money. They said they would give me a new floor and a new crew. When they showed up, they only were told to replace some boards. I never agreed to have some boards replaced! The guy looked at it and told Avalon the floor was not installed properly. Avalon now agreed to replace the floor. The crew comes out now a third time, do a stellar job but were not given enough materials.

Now I have to wait for a fourth trip. Keep in mind each trip with the exception of the last, I had to hire a plumber to disconnect the stove and fridge and then come back to connect it. The job was finally completed today. In between all this, I was given time frames that were not honored, installation mgr. forgets that she is reimbursing me for fridge repair, plumber visits, and sending me a bill. I have lost time and money from my job (I am a contracting person and when I don't work, I don't get paid). Avalon - 4 visits for a stupid kitchen floor!!! Never again. BTW. They use subcontractors which we were not aware of from the beginning.

Original review: April 20, 2015

I ordered green tile, it came in white. They refuse to admit the error ed by not giving me the correct tile or a correct sample of the tile that they had. The manager was rude and made no attempt to fix his error. I would stay away as far as possible.

Avalon Flooring (formerly Avalon Carpet Tile and Flooring) Company Information