2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

4.1/5 (80 ratings)

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Pros

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

LL Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I purchased the wrong thing to start on my own when I did it online. So, I had to cancel the purchase. And then, I went in the store and purchased what I got. The guy in the shop helped me and advised me what color. He was a very nice man. There was also a woman who did the final order and I was very pleased with them. The flooring looks really good.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

When I got my order, they gave me the wrong flooring. I wanted dark color flooring and they gave me light color. But we used it anyhow and after we put it down, I liked it. Also, their rep gave me the money back for the price difference when I let them know they gave me the wrong order. But there was one guy who was really fussing and he was real rude. I'd tell others to not purchase at LL Flooring and to go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I was looking for some luxury vinyl plank flooring that wasn't just the wood look. I spoke with a representative first in the store to get an idea. They were real informative and helpful when I went in there. They answered any questions I had and didn't seem perplexed by what I was trying to figure out. I ordered it online a few months later and I like the floor that I received. It looks good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

LL Flooring was wonderful. The flooring looks good in the boxes.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I enjoyed working with LL Flooring very well. I liked the fact that I had a local store and they were online. I was able to do a combo between looking online to see what I wanted then calling and conversing with them to ensure they got the order correct. The quality of the product is good. The only thing is what I ordered didn't come with an installation instruction. It was kind of assumed that if you ordered this, you know what you were doing. It could have helped if it had had some type of additional information provided other than just the product information.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Their website was very helpful because they have the feature where I can put pieces of my home with the new flooring. I like that part very well because I can see how it's gonna look with different pieces of the floor. I bought the products online and they called me when my order arrived. It was very easy.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

They were very professional. The only thing that my family had a concern about was that we had to pay everything, including the labor, before installing all the products. It was our first time using them and we were very skeptical. None of my friends use LL Flooring so I wasn't sure and usually, we pay after the service is completed. But the store manager was communicating and they quickly got back to us to ensure that the installation service will be completed very quick. Also, when they found out that we were trying to hurry up and get it done, they expedited the services for us to pick up the products. Initially, it was going to take about two weeks but we picked up the products within the same week. It was very nice of them. Then, the gentleman who did the installation, Lucas, did a great job and he was very approachable. I'm very happy how they took care of us. LL Flooring is the easiest group of people that I worked with.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Some of LL Flooring's website features are neat, like looking at it on your phone, being able to see it in your room. That's a really good feature that helps with choosing the color. Also, it's a convenient location so we can pick the flooring up. We don't have to pay shipping. And the quality of the floor itself was decently rated. It was a good price for a decent floor. I had an installer and estimator come out. LL Flooring offers installation. They subcontracted out to another group. But they sent the person out to do the estimate and his name is on the estimate. I was pleased with the customer service. They're not pushy, which is good. The reps called and checked if I received my estimate from them for installation. Overall, it was a simple and pleasant experience.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I got new flooring installed in April 2021. By July my vinyl planks began separating. Contacted the installer who came out to glue them back together (despite glue not even being used at all on the floors) and just a few weeks later it began separating again. I have SEVERAL locations on our flooring where the planks are separating. Keep in mind our entire first floor was redone (3 rooms, a bathroom and a hallway). Made a claim with corporate on October 4th and have yet to receive a call back or email, despite SEVERAL calls and emails on my side. Was told 48-72 hours for a call back!!

Please don't use this company. Corporate doesn't care. They got almost $5k from us and our floors are even worse than the original floors we had. Very disappointed in the lack of communication, saddened that financially we can't afford more new floors, and overall disgusted that customers are treated this way! Despite a warranty, it did us no good. Stay far far away from LL Flooring and their list of "installers" who didn't show up on time, nor do a professional job.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand your concern and how frustrating it can be to have to deal with a situation such as yours. There is a case file open and I do see that the representative has reached out to you on 10/19/2021. I also see you have reached out several time before such with more recent requesting to speak with management. I have alerted the team of your matter as the request has already been sent. We will be contacting you soon. Thanks.

Senior Escalation Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

When I ordered from LL Flooring, I got a call that my order was in and that I could schedule a pick-up for whenever I needed. I purchased some three-quarter-inch hardwood and some luxury vinyl plank but I bought the vinyl plank at a separate time. I called the store and spoke to the representative for a long time. He texted me a photo of some of the samples because my samples had not come in from the warehouse yet. He went above and beyond and I was very happy with the service. I've also used LL Flooring in a previous property and I was very happy with it. Their website's great. I used the "see this floor in your home" feature for a bunch of different flooring and it helped us make a decision.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

It was a great experience with LL Flooring. They were very professional and answered my questions. Also, the material is great. It beat my expectations.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I got a Tacoma Oak hybrid laminate flooring from LL Flooring. I thought they were closed down. The next time I went with my friend that bought 12 boxes of the vinyl flooring, they had this great sign, LL Flooring, which was awesome. A guy that works there, Jacob, is a huge asset to LL Flooring. He's great in customer service. I've been with the airlines for 34 years in customer service and I really appreciate someone like him. He's awesome. Everybody's so nice. They don't talk down to you. They answer your stupid questions, even if you ask it a couple of times. The flooring that I got is seven millimeters with pad. It looks like real wood, only I'm glad it isn't real wood. This stuff is waterproof. If water would get on it, you just wipe it down. It doesn't hardly scratch. I love it. It's amazing. I'm installing it and it's that easy. I have my daughter looking into doing it within the next year.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The flooring that I bought from LL Flooring has great quality. I've had it in my main house going on five years now. It's a great product for a great price. It's convenient going with LL Flooring and there are lots of options. I had them do my whole guest house, too.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I purchased Laminate Flooring online from their Plano, Texas location. It was easy. I put in how many square feet I needed and divided that into how many boxes I needed. The team where I picked up the flooring was awesome. They helped me out and got me loaded. It was a pretty quick in and out.

LL Flooring response

Thank you for contacting us to share your wonderful experience. You are correct! We love to hear positive feedback when we can deliver customer satisfaction the way our customers expect it and we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. We will be sure to let all parties involved and others know of a job well done. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Issues with Donnie ** Install: (Customer Number: **)

1. On Tuesday, August 3rd of the install. We were awaken when we heard loud yelling and very vulgar language in our home. Upon investigating, we found the installers inside our home yelling at each other. When I asked what was happening, we were told they knocked on the door, no one answered, they tried the door, it was unlocked (which it was because my wife had gone for a walk, while the rest of us were still in bed), so they figured we had left the door open for them to come in and go to work. This presents several problems. One, you don't enter someone's home uninvited. They could have called to wake us or waited a few minutes. Two, we were told an adult over the age of 18 needed to be present at all times. Nevertheless, they came into the house not knowing if anyone was present at all.

2. The installers decided to mix the leveling agent, (concrete/floater) material directly outside of my front door. Apparently there was a hole in the bucket that leaked on the sidewalk, porch and entry way inside the house. I was told it would be cleaned up, however they only cleaned up the entry way in the house, leaving a streak across the sidewalk and porch. They also left what spilled in the grass, which hardened leaving a large area of concrete in my front yard. After reporting this issues, Jerry ** told me they would come and clean it up, but never did.

3. There was an area in our bathroom that had some rotten wood where the installers needed to place baseboard. Instead of informing me, they attempted to attach the baseboard to the rotten wood. Of course, as soon as we opened the cabinet door above the rotten wood and baseboard area, the baseboard fell off, broke and caused more damage to the cabinet area. Instead of attempting to attach baseboard to the rotten wood, we should have been informed of the rotten wood.

4. There was a large opening left in the wall behind the toilet where a pipe goes into the wall and down into the foundation. This caused an absolute infestation of large roaches and water bugs. We literally killed dozens of bugs, and had to spray roach spray down into the hole repeatedly to prevent more bugs from coming in.

5. When the installers left on Thursday, August 5th, an air compressor was left in the house. We contacted LL Flooring to let them know. Lupe then called me to inform me, that wasn't their compressor, but they had found it in our garage and used it. It was a contractor's who is working on our garage, who was not there when it was borrowed. So, equipment was borrowed, without asking permission, and then left in the middle of our living room.

6. We asked Lupe if they were going to mop the floors once they completed the install, he told me all they do is sweep up the dust. Well, they swept, but did not clean up any of the flooring. Thus, we had to spend the next two days cleaning the floors, which were left in a mess! There was a sticky substance on the floor throughout the house that we had to scrub off. Our house was left in the most filthy state it has been in, since we moved in.

7. Our refrigerator was pulled too far away from the wall, causing the water line to bend and break. Once the refrigerator was put back in place the line began leaking slowly behind a cabinet. After a few days we began to notice water coming up from under our flooring. Upon investigation we found the broken line that had been leaking for one full week. I contacted a plumber who through Facetime showed me how to turn off the valve. We discovered the water on Thursday, August 12th.

We immediately contacted LL Flooring the following morning, on August 13th, who immediately contacted Jerry ** from the install company, Hubbard Flooring. I also submitted photos to the store and Hubbard Flooring of the water damage. Jerry told us he would get a plumber to come out and fix the line, and would send a different crew to come out, pull up the flooring so it could dry and get the problem fixed. On Saturday, August 14th, Jerry called to say he couldn't get a plumber out until Monday.

On Monday, August 16th, Jerry called to inform me he still had not gotten a plumber but was working on it. On Tuesday, August 17th, Jerry sent his brother, who is not a plumber nor does he work for Hubbard Flooring, out to look at the plumbing issue. He was not able to find the valve to turn the water line to the refrigerator, my wife had to call me, so I could tell him what the valve looked like. His assessment, though he is not a plumber, was the line needed to be replaced and there was mold forming from the water leak. He then left.

We did not hear anything else from the installers or Jerry, until Friday, August 20th, when we were told someone would be out Monday morning at 8 AM to fix the plumbing issue and the flooring. Monday morning, August 23, at 9:45 AM, Lupe, the installer who initially worked on our flooring, called to say he was late and would be at our house by 10:20. First of all, we were told by Jerry himself that he would not send Lupe out again. Secondly, he was over two hours late. Lupe also informed me he would be the one fixing the plumbing line.

I then contacted the office and Jerry personally, because I was told Lupe would not be back out, and a plumber would fix the issue. Jerry told me his brother told him it was an easy fix and there was no damage, which contradicted what he told us. Again, someone who is not a plumber gave advice on this matter. In fact, there was and is damage, and he even told us there was mold and damage when he came to inspect the problem.

Jerry then argued with me, trying to convince me I should let Lupe, again, not a plumber, fix the line. I told him he should make good on his promise to get a plumber out to fix the issue. Eventually he relented and the company called a plumber. However, in process, he tried to tell me, "Accidents Happen". Yes, accidents do happen, however, when installers have accidents, they fix those mistakes. The installers did not fix any of the mistakes they made, until I called, complained, and even argued with Jerry. Mistakes do happen, however, when mistakes are not fixed, the situation now involves negligence.

Jerry also told me the reason he didn't have a plumber come out was because the plumber would not call him back. Thus blaming the plumber for why Jerry had not made good on getting a plumber out to fix the line. I then asked him why he hadn't communicated that with me. He then blamed the office for not informing me. He also defended his installers and Lupe, for the broken line, saying it wasn't their fault. When I asked whose fault it was, he told me it was due to us having copper line and not a flex hose. So, he blamed us for the leak.

Once Lupe arrived to pull up the flooring damaged from the water leak, he tried to convince me to let him fix the plumbing issue, saying Jerry would force him to pay for the cost of a plumber. I told Lupe, that was an issue between him and Jerry, not me. I later overhead Lupe talking to Jerry on the phone saying, "I tried Jerry! I tried to tell him I could fix it!" Lupe said this repeatedly. I was standing in the room during conversation, so I wasn't eavesdropping, I was just listening to all of this unfold. So apparently, Jerry was trying once again to get Lupe to convince me to let him fix the plumbing issue.

As the flooring was being pulled back up in the kitchen, I took pictures and video of the damaged sheetrock and counters from Jerry, that was due to the water leak. Jerry finally agreed to call a plumber out, who found an enormous amount of water damage to the walls, sheetrock, flooring, and cabinets. He showed me wet insulation in the walls. Together we called Jerry ** because a water restoration company needed to come out and dry out the walls to prevent mold from forming. This is all still on Monday, August 23.

The restoration company came out and assessed the cost would be $1900 to dry out the walls. Once we called Jerry ** for him to approve drying out the walls, he hung up on us after shouting, “$1900 Dollars!” We tried repeatedly to call him and text him to get the approval for the restoration company to begin drying out the walls, but he would never answer the phone.

Later that night, about 4 hours later, he texted me saying his phone had died (Conveniently after hearing the cost of the drying process) and that he was no longer going to work on my floor or fix any of the damages. He informed me he would turn it over to his insurance company. Thus, on August 23, I was told by LL Flooring and Hubbard Flooring they would no longer work on my floor or fix any of the issues they had caused.

On Tuesday, August 24, I contacted the corporate office of LL Flooring and was told by Chris, the agent in charge of my case, that LL Flooring was not responsible for any damages caused during the install, nor would they take responsibility or pay to have anything fixed. Thus, LL Flooring will take your money, but they will not take responsibility for anything that happens. They just pass the responsibility off to the installer, which in my case, has refused to do anything.

Also on Tuesday, August 24th, I received a text from the office of Hubbard Flooring and was told their insurance company “would contact me in a day or two” about the issues. By Friday, three days later, on August 27th, I had not heard from anyone, so I contacted Chris in the corporate office of LL Flooring once again. He told me Hubbard Flooring had not filed an insurance claim, but he was forcing them to do so. As of October 12, 2021, the job has not been completed, nor has anyone taken any responsibility for the damages. Do not use this company under any circumstances!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I saw LL Flooring online and they had a great price on a baseboard. I purchased online and picked the baseboards up at the store. It was easy.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

We just bought a new house in Delaware and I'm replacing the carpeting in the bedrooms. I've been buying from LL Flooring for years but they have been less than desirable. They didn't have the flooring samples I needed. I was ordering the last few boxes of one of the floorings and I couldn't see it because the only box they had was in Delaware. I wasn't gonna drive two hours to look at a stock. So I expected it to come. They said, "Oh, you'll have this in three or four days." But it took almost three weeks. And I had ordered the flooring, thank God it was something I wanted because the other ones I had ordered samples of and found out that they were a glue down laminate rather than a snap together one. So I'm glad that I got samples. But it took an incredibly long time to get them. But the sales reps in both stores I've dealt with and online have been incredible. My guys here in Glen Burnie and the guy in Delaware have been incredible to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I got an estimate from LL Flooring for the flooring that we wanted as well as the installation. I ended up just ordering the product itself online. It was on sale and that helped. We got the product sooner than when we needed it, which was awesome. We hired someone to do the installation as that was much cheaper. But I have to wait for my contractor to be freed up so the installation won't be until the end of the month. If we like the flooring well enough, we are gonna purchase the same thing and expand it in the house. On the whole, LL Flooring did whatever they needed to do and they tried to accommodate me no matter which way I went.

LL Flooring response

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

We have a seven-room motel and 10 cabins, and this particular order was a repeat of some flooring we had already gotten from LL Flooring and that we were happy with. I have a maintenance guy who's been doing the installation and the product is very easy to work with. We live here on the property and we've put some in our kids’ bedroom as well as in our bathroom, and it was very quick and easy for somebody who has carpentry skills but who's never done it before. The kids are constantly getting water over the bathroom floor and it doesn't seem to be damaging the product.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased vinyl flooring online and it was easy to do that. The only complaint I have is that when I placed the order, it was supposed to be picked up because they showed that it was available at Pomona location. When I was on my way to pick it up, I called to let them know that I was on my way. They told me that they only had two boxes. So, they told me that the order wasn't to be picked up there. It was to be picked up at the Rancho location. It was just not the location that I thought I had placed the order. I don't know if they automatically moved the order to whoever has more in stock.

That was very inconvenient for me. I live in Clermont, but the problem is not so much the distance. It's the time because of the traffic. I had to take like two hours lunch to be able to go and come back, drop the product off at the house, and go back to work. I was under the impression that I had to go pick it up at a different location. Everything else was good.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I researched many places looking for the right stuff that I wanted. And LL Flooring's was the right stuff. It's everything I wanted. LL Flooring was very helpful. I just went in and found what I wanted online. And they helped me out with that and told me what I need to go with it. They helped me load the flooring in the car. It took three trips because there was a lot of tiles. But I had one box of cracked tiles. They were all cracked right in the half. So they just gave me the money back to that box and said, "Use the box." Which is good because I can still use them for end pieces. So they were pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I purchased three butcher blocks. Two of them on one order and one on another. I've already opened them and they look wonderful. They are good quality for the money.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We went first to look at cabinets, and then we saw that LL Flooring was right next door. We walked over there originally, and then we weren't ready to purchase in store at that time, so we just placed an order online later when we got home. It was easy to find the products on the website. I was looking for white stair risers and there were quite a few products that didn't have the imagery just yet. But I was able to go into the product details and confirm that they were white and the exact color and if it was finished in the top left bottom or right.

I got the painted poplar riser and they were much better than what I thought. Right now we're in the middle of a home renovation, and those were really hard to find, and LL Flooring was the only one that had them in stock. I think most people didn't order them because there wasn't a product image, and they didn't know what it was. But I kinda got lucky and they were able to get them pretty quickly for me so it was really nice.

We went to the store in a week or two. That day they were doing some water pressure treatment outside the store, so they were cleaning up, but they were so friendly. The people who were working there were making sure that people came in and out of the door safely and that they didn't trip on the water. They were able to get our order. We pulled up to the back and picked it up quickly. They helped us get it into the car. It was a great service.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

We were redoing our bathroom floors and the store that we bought the flooring from didn't carry the quarter round or the molding that we needed. We didn't realize that there was LL Flooring near us, so we went to them, and the price was reasonable. We bought the quarter round that matched our floor and the glue that went with it. When my husband had some other work he wanted done, we went back over to them and bought a box of the flooring that he was going to need. The only thing that I wish is that they had a bigger store and it was out so that a lot more people would know it was there. I guess it's been there for quite a while and we were not aware that it even existed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I ordered laminate flooring online and the website was super simple to go through. What I like is that I can add my flooring in, see what it looks like with the colors the site has, and take a picture of the room. It helps me match a lot easier than going into the store and actually looking at it, and then trying to put a phone up next to it. It works a lot better. Just make sure to take the picture of the room in good lighting, and then add the flooring in. The sales representatives were quick with getting the email. They called and left a voicemail and let me know that my order was ready to pick up.

The quality of the flooring is really good. The only thing I didn't like is that I just bought flooring that had the pad on the back because I was putting it in a basement with a vapor barrier down. But on a lot of the boards, it wasn't even, so I knew it was the manufacturing sheets. A lot of the times, I was having to go in and take off little slices of the bottom because it would start on a perfect angle and then go up, and I assumed that was the way it was laid on and cut because I knew that they make it on a larger board and then cut the pieces to fit. But once everything was installed, it turned out perfect. LL Flooring's products are better than what's offered at the big-box stores, like the price points. I just take my time and wait until something goes on sale that I want.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Part of order not received, unable to finish project,, manager extremely uncaring and unprofessional. Have had many commitments made and broken, seems like they are just trying to get us to go away but yet my dining room is not usable due to not receiving final box.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

LL Flooring had the stair nose for hardwood flooring that we needed. We got Bruce Butterscotch Oak, and on a search, that product came up as the option to work for it. It was a quick two-day delivery. The product that came in the mail was great. It was just not the right color. We had to go to Lowe's and ask them for what they thought would be the better piece and have ordered that and are having to wait until that comes in.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

LL Flooring had this interlocking slate tiles with pretty greens and blues. I looked it up online and I liked it, and their prices were great. They have a super easy online service. I entered in the measurements and it told me how much square footage and how many boxes to buy. I went one box over just in case and it was perfect. My brother-in-law is installing the tiles and he says they're awesome and looks good. I would use LL Flooring again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We had LL Flooring five years ago. I had a contractor do a little bit of work in one place and he used them. So, I went back to that store again. The manager, Mary, is very sharp. She runs the store in Lorton and I've had a very good experience working with her. I got 300 square feet of hardwood and I'm installing it right now. I've never had a problem with it and it's always been good quality. I've had a couple small issues before so I took it back and they took care of it. LL Flooring is a well-run operation in Northern Virginia. They’re very good.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased from LL Flooring the Saint Germain Oak vinyl plank flooring online and I picked it up at East Brunswick. But I went to look at it at Union. They didn't have enough there because we just had the flood in New Jersey and a lot of the waterproof flooring was low in stock. So, I would have to have to go to two locations. I went to the showroom and they explained everything to me as well as other kinds of flooring and the underlayment. There was some confusion though when I called customer service. Since I purchased online, they told me I would need to come down there for whatever reason and verify the credit card first. I was going away on vacation and when I called back the next day, the other person told me that the contractor could come and pick it up. But the customer service at the store was good and the manager was very knowledgeable.

I have a condo so the flooring was installed everywhere except the bathroom and the kitchen. I'm very happy with it. You would have to know that it's vinyl. It looks much better quality than it is and it looks very good. The texture makes it look like it’s a little bit natural which was what I liked about it. The flooring has a 10-year warranty and it is waterproof, which was why I got it. I would recommend LL Flooring. People should see it at the showroom and then either purchase it there or online.

LL Flooring Company Information