Formerly named Lumber Liquidators

4.6/5 (224 ratings)

About LL Flooring

Lumber Liquidators is now LL Flooring and offers an extensive range of quality hard surface flooring in a variety of colors, patterns and trend-forward styles. Whether you are looking for vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or bamboo at LL Flooring you’ll find the right floor at the right price. LL also offers some great online tools to help you on your flooring journey as well. Use the Picture It floor visualizer to see any of their hundreds of floors come to life in your home in seconds by simply snapping a picture on your mobile phone. Or use the Floor Finder to discover the perfect floor for your home and lifestyle . You can also book a virtual video appointment to get expert, in-store help from the comfort of your home.

Pros

• Huge selection
  • Price-match guarantee
  • Free samples
  • Workmanship warranty on installation

Cons

• Direct shipping to home is not free
  • No carpeting choices available

Bottom Line

Customers can shop multiple options at LL Flooring. The company does not offer carpet, but you’ll find hundreds of styles of hardwood, laminate, tile and waterproof vinyl with DIY or professional installation options.

LL Flooring Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LL FLOORING?

Original review: May 2, 2022

We have been to several stores and LL Flooring had the best option. We had no problem navigating through the store. It was nice and clean. The people were courteous, friendly and helpful but not pushy. The purchasing experience was great because nobody hounded you. They let you take samples home and let you decide what you wanted and come back and you let them know what you wanted. The customer service reps were friendly, kind, and attentive. We purchased the luxury vinyl flooring and it was delivered. It was perfect and the reps kept in contact was and told us what to properly do with it. So, we're waiting on Wednesday to get it installed.

Original review: May 1, 2022

We put down a 25% deposit based on what Matthew, the salesman, told us. Then, David, the store manager called and said they couldn’t remove the baseboards and put them back down. He said it will not be included. We were told that that it would be. I could pay the installer for it and the store said it'd probably be about another $1,000. The installer said it'd be another $1,700. We were told the flooring was laminate and we found out it was vinyl. So, we said that we didn't want to do LL Flooring. They gave us a paper that they're going to return our 25% deposit of $6,400.

David said that he was gonna treat us like he would want to be treated. I said that if he was going to do that, then I'm sure he would want to be given everything that the salesman promised him. He said yes but he would check into it. He came back and said it's against company policy to move the baseboard and put the flooring under the baseboard like it should be and put the baseboard back. And they won't do that. I told him that I would like for him to verify that and call me back and let me know if that's true or not.

Original review: April 30, 2022

We got vinyl laminate from LL Flooring and I’m doing the installation myself. It’s very nice and pretty so far. It’s a lot of work though. We should have bought the laminate instead of the vinyl. When we were shopping for it, there was an employee there but we made the decision 100% ourselves.

Original review: April 29, 2022

We've used LL Flooring before for my other daughter's house and they did an install for a new house about four years ago. They did a super job and the product itself was great. My other daughter's project is underway so we thought we'd go with them again. We went to the Lumber Liquidators in Syracuse and they were very friendly, informative, and knowledgeable.

I got vinyl plank commercial product and the flooring was delivered about two weeks ago. It's scheduled to be installed Wednesday. One inconvenience is LL Flooring wanted it placed in each room where it was going to be installed. One of the rooms is the current living room so it's been sitting stacked in the middle of the room for two and a half weeks. It would have been nicer to have the delivery and then a few days later, the install. But it's not the end of the world. My concern was the kids not turning it into a playground and jumping on it. But they were fine. Also, the private delivery company was fantastic. So it was a great experience all around and I would recommend LL Flooring.

Original review: April 28, 2022

We bought laminate flooring for a commercial building that we're remodeling and everything about our experience with LL Flooring has been positive.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The customer service is great and they were easy to work with. The sales and the installers answered any questions we had.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I purchased from LL Flooring online and my experience was excellent. The quality of the product has been good so far, as well.

Original review: April 25, 2022

We have a local store here that I buy a lot from. They've got really good selections and prices. The great thing too was that since I'm a contractor and I buy a whole lot of it, they were able to give me a pretty good discount on the flooring that I was looking at the last time I went in there.

Original review: April 24, 2022

LL Flooring was easy to do business with. The laminate flooring we put down has been in the house for three years and it holds up nicely.

Original review: April 23, 2022

When I was doing the flooring at my place of business years ago, I was told to go and compare prices, and LL Flooring had a good price. So I went back about 12 years later, and it's still good price. Also the customer service was phenomenal. This time around, I purchased some transition strips. I would get one at Lowe's for like $30, but I was able to get 11 for about 30 dollars at LL. The young lady did her research and she looked to see if they had any products that were discontinued, on sale, and it just happened to be exactly what I needed. And I got some laminate flooring. I'm very pleased with the quality of the flooring.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I've been very happy with everything. I worked with Matt and he was fantastic. The whole process was beautiful and easy. We lucked out as what I chose happened to be a discontinued product and they had it in stock. Everything got delivered easily. My new floors are installed and they look fantastic. On Facebook, I've already shown off my floors and mentioned LL Flooring.

Original review: April 21, 2022

The quality of the flooring is okay and I'm satisfied with the contractors who came to do it. But my experience with LL wasn't that satisfactory. I didn't get called back and I wound up having to go to the store because I didn't get a call when I was supposed to get a call. That was a repeated problem.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I dealt with Drew and he was very helpful. He seemed to know exactly what I was looking for. The store wasn’t totally set up, so I wasn't finding what I was looking for but he said, “I think I know exactly what you want.” So he went back into the warehouse and came out with a sample and said, “Is this what you're looking for?” I said, “Exactly.” So I was thrilled, having gone to six other stores and not being able to find exactly what I wanted. It worked very smoothly and well. They have a variety of products and the people know their products. My experience was very good.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I went into LL to inquire about flooring materials I had used in my basement. I wanted to extend the same flooring into another area. This area is small and I had almost a full box left of the previously used materials. The website showed a similar floor but I needed to confirm that it would work with the box I already had. They investigated and the flooring had a new manufacturer and the updates to that floor were enough to make the material unusable with new flooring. The colors had also changed enough to make a difference. Molly and Darrel at the Taylor store were beyond amazing. Not only were they knowledgeable, but they also located boxes of what I already had and could use. They saved me time and money. They were thorough and made sure that I had everything I needed before leaving that day. Thank you Darrel and Molly for making my experience easy and quick. I appreciate you both!

Original review: April 19, 2022

The rep was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful with some samples. We got luxury vinyl plank. It was a very smooth process overall from the initial decision and the installation. The quality of the products is about the same as other brands.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Everything went smoothly. The guy at the store was very helpful. We purchased vinyl waterproof floor. It's of good quality and looks very nice.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Purchasing was fairly easy. We purchased COREtec and it's an excellent product. They did well with the installation after the first day and a little bit of miscommunication. In tearing out a little bit, they could have been a little bit more careful. But things happen. So, they took care of it. They're a good company. We haven't signed off yet. So, we're just waiting for the last few things to be touched up. But so far, they've done a good job and they've done everything they're supposed to do.

Original review: April 16, 2022

They're very helpful with picking out the right color and patterns. I was very pleased with them and with the one they did on our floor.

Original review: April 15, 2022

LL Flooring has just finished another installation. This is the third time that we've gone through them from previous houses. We recently got vinyl flooring, and I had it installed with their contractor. So far, the vinyl flooring looks good when it's installed. A few other pieces of baseboard had the finish stripped off and it's just white vinyl underneath, which one cannot repair. So, we just got a magic marker and sort of did that. The flooring seems to be of good enough quality. It's waterproof, and the installation was clean enough. I don't think there'd be too many problems with it.

There's a couple of issues and some things that went on, but it's not the quality of the product. There was a little bit of a language difficulty with the boss who came out to do all the measuring. I didn't understand him. So, it took a little longer. But with the first measuring, I figured he's coming over, he's gonna assess everything we need, send all the measurements back, and they'll order the proper amount of stuff, which is the way I understood the process would go. So, he measured for the flooring and for baseboard and the other little details that they had to do and submitted the whole sheet to the store. The store neglected to order the baseboard or the quarter round even though it was right on the sheet.

The contractor came when they were scheduled to come and put everything in, and he said, “Well, where's your baseboard?” I said, “I don't know. You measured it. I told you I wanted it." That apparently didn't get communicated. There was a breakdown in the process. He didn't communicate clearly with them or they didn't ask the right questions to him. So, they never ordered baseboard. So, here I am at 65 years old, sleeping on the floor for an extra week while they order the other stuff because they had moved all the furniture out of the room. You can't put a motorized bed frame back in there when you're gonna have to carry it back in and out.

When I called the person and told him, “Well, how come you didn't order the baseboard?” He said, “Well, did you want baseboard? You didn’t tell us anything about that.” I said, “Well, your guy came here and did this. And he wrote it. I saw him put it on the sheet.” They apologized for not ordering the quarter round but nothing about the baseboard. They gave me a small discount, considering we spent $12,000. The stuff eventually got here and the install was pretty routine. Everybody was very polite and professional.

There was a little bit of overage on a few trim pieces and some glue. I returned that to the store, which is standard process. I got the assistant manager and I told him the story, and the manager was still there but never came out. We still have hundreds and hundreds of square feet in this big home of ours that we were thinking about doing more of the floor, but I'm not sure we'll go back to them until they get their act together.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I went into the store and the people there were very helpful. My order came in relatively quick but I haven't picked it up yet because I'm building the house. But they've been really good about keeping it there for me. They would call me every three or four weeks and say, "How you doing? Are you ready for it yet?" I would tell them, "No," and they would say, "Okay. Call me when you're ready." So they've been great about it.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I got some vinyl flooring and the quality is okay.

Original review: April 12, 2022

We looked at multiple companies. But the nice thing about LL was that they have a lot more on their walls than most of those places, so you could get a feel for the product. From the price standpoint, they were as good as anybody, if not better. We've purchased a number of different types of flooring from them, mostly wood floor. They were always very helpful. In fact, they stayed late so that I could pick it up after work. They did a great job for me. We’ve put wood floor all the way through our first floor in our old house. We've been pretty happy with the durability that we've seen. I put it in myself and it goes in easily. Also, we've got a dog that spins its wheels all over it all the time and it does just fine.

Original review: April 11, 2022

We’ve used them in the past and we were very happy with the business that we worked with on them. We put the flooring in my daughter's house three years ago and we have not had a bit of trouble with it. It looks as good as the day we put it in. This product we just bought seems like it's the same quality, if not better. We purchased the vinyl flooring, that snap together flooring, the underlayment, the padding that goes underneath it, the quarter round that goes around the baseboards. We also purchased some threshold strips, that transition from the doorway when you come in the house to into the house.

LL Flooring response

Thank You for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy that you had a good experience with us. We look forward to helping you with any additional flooring needs you may have in the future.

Original review: April 10, 2022

We bought the 12-millimeter Topsail from LL Flooring. So far, I love it. I put it in the whole house. We started last year and bought half of it. When we came back to our Florida home, we were surprised they still had it stocked so we bought it for the rest of the house. We went to the one store and we picked out flooring for our living room and dining room. Then we picked out a different flooring for our bedroom. But when we were buying it, the salesman never said anything. He just rang us all up. We paid. We got back and they started loading it. Then he said, “Now, you know you'll have to go to the other store to get the rest of this.” I went, “What?”

He never mentioned, “I don't have that all stocked here. You'll have to go pick up the remaining of your order somewhere else.” Or right there and then, I would have stopped that part of my order. We would've gone ahead and bought the living room and dining room and came home with that. But we've been back quite a few times since then. We had been to four different LL Flooring stores only because they wouldn't have as many boxes as I needed to do what I needed to do because our rooms are big. My whole house in Florida is done now. It's a great product. We're happy with it. I would definitely refer anybody to go to LL Flooring.

Original review: April 9, 2022

We haven't put the flooring in but the experience has been good. LL Flooring had a better product. Also, I enjoyed that they had that app where you can picture flooring in your own home. And when I had questions, and I called up to the store in Martinsburg, the gentleman answered every question. Even on the phone, he spent time trying to help me out. And when we went up there in person, purchased the flooring, he was the same gentleman there. He was phenomenal about answering the questions, showing us products, and trying to help us with figuring square footage, etc. So, he’s really good. Harley treated me like I was the most important customer there was, so I appreciated that. It has been a wonderful experience.

LL Flooring response

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review for us. We are so happy that you have had a good experience as our ultimate goal is to ensure you have a great experience.

LL Flooring Customer Care

Original review: April 8, 2022

I went into the location at Pensacola, Florida and got some laminate flooring. I had to go back to pick it up then they did the installation. All the work they've done for me was great and done in a timely manner. The job took a shorter period of time than they initially anticipated and it was very professional, getting the job done in a one day process while it’s a two-day process. I love the flooring as well. It’s great.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you had a good experience as that is our ultimate goal. We look forward to continuing to assist you with all of your flooring needs.

LL Flooring Customer Care

Original review: April 7, 2022

LL Flooring was super helpful. They were willing to answer all of my questions. We wanted to redo the flooring to get some fresh stuff in the house. It was old, gross laminate. We ended up with vinyl because LL Flooring said it was a better quality. We were getting a dog. And there were kids. We wanted something super durable and waterproof.

LL Flooring was able to expedite my process because I needed them to do it by a certain date. They coordinated with the installation company. There were two different managers that I dealt with, because there was a transition at one point. But even during that transition, no one dropped the ball. And they were able to install my floors in one day. So that was super cool. Everything was cleaned up. There was dust so I went in, and swept and mopped afterwards. But the dust factor was something that couldn't have been avoided. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The flooring is beautiful and we're very excited. We already started moving in. We love them.

Original review: April 6, 2022

The original floor was a year and a half old and then, a house fire happened so we're replacing it again. LL Flooring is still finishing up the floor right now. I can't give enough praise about the installers that they sent. I love the floor and everything about what they're doing in there. It's a father-and-son crew and they are the cleanest construction crew I've ever seen. They’re fantastic. Everything we've gotten from LL Flooring is awesome as well as the contractors and the salespeople.

Original review: April 5, 2022

The experience with LL Flooring was excellent and because of the product that they had, this is the second time I've been there. I wanted the same product for my other house. The reps are good people and know what they’re doing and talking about. I'm about two hours from Central Kentucky where my other house is located but I'm still working in Northeastern Kentucky and I bought it down there because I looked at some stuff up here trying to find something similar to what their product was and there wasn't any from my perspective. So, I went back to LL Flooring. I got exactly the same thing I put in the entire house there and this second time, I only put it in a bathroom and a bedroom. It has already been installed by a contractor that was doing some remodeling for me. I was very pleased with everything about the deal. The guys that I dealt with are great and they loaded the stuff up in my vehicle to haul it.

Original review: April 4, 2022

We have a condo at the beach, and the rugs were just getting whatever, so it was time. We have a handyman that has done a lot of stuff for us, and he sent us to LL Flooring, and we were happy with it. They knew exactly who he was. It worked for both of us. We went into the store so that we could look at the samples and talk with the agents. We picked the flooring out, and they had it in stock, which was wonderful for us. We didn't have to wait. We picked up the first load the day we walked in the store, then we even went back and got two more orders for our bedrooms. Ryan, our first agent, was great. He was away when we went in for the two other bedrooms and we dealt with a girl. We had good experiences with both of them. We got the luxury vinyl and did three bedrooms with it. Everything was fine.

LL Flooring Company Information