2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5

National Floors Direct provides high-quality flooring to suit your specific needs. It offers floor options including laminate, vinyl, carpet and hardwood, as well as next-day installation and financing options.

BOTTOM LINE

Many customers find that National Floors Direct meets their needs and budget. However, if you’re looking for a specific type or brand of flooring, this company might not offer what you want.

PROS
  • Financing options
  • Next-day installation
  • Wide product selection
CONS
  • Might not carry certain brands
  • Can be pricey

Top National Floors Direct Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

I had an awesome experience with National Floors Direct from the sales person all the way through the installation team… The work was completed beautifully and professionally... I will definitely recommend and use National Floors Direct for any future projects…

National Floors Direct did an amazing job. The staff is great from start to finish. The salesman helped me decide on what was best with no pressures. The installation team arrived just on time and did an awesome job. I am very pleased.

What is National Floors Direct?

National Floors Direct is a direct-to-consumer flooring and carpeting company. It specializes in retailing top industry brands and offers next-day installation services. It also provides free in-home shopping consultations for potential customers and other no-charge services with each order, such as furniture moving and measuring.

How does National Floors Direct work?

You can order your flooring or carpeting from National Floors Direct’s website or over the phone. This process includes free services such as:

• Premium padding
  • Furniture moving
  • Standard stair work
  • Measuring and layout

National Floors Direct also offers free in-home shopping consultations, where a representative comes to your home with various flooring and carpeting options — this can give you a good idea of how your flooring or carpet selections will look in your home once installed.

National Floors Direct prices

Prices for National Floors Direct’s products and services vary widely based on individual needs and product choices. The company does offer several promotions, such as a $333 deal that includes name-brand carpet, next-day installation and padding for one room.

Additionally, National Floors Direct offers financing options (e.g., one year of no-interest payments) to help offset the initial cost of flooring.

National Floors Direct FAQ

Who owns National Floors Direct?
National Floors Direct was founded in 2005 by the Rosenberg family. The company is still owned and operated by the family today.
Where is National Floors Direct located?
National Floors Direct is headquartered in Avon, Massachusetts. It has several locations around the U.S.
Does National Floors Direct remove old flooring?
Yes. National Floors Direct will remove your old flooring during the installation process. It also assists with moving furniture and taking measurements.
What types of flooring does National Floors Direct offer?
National Floors Direct offers a wide variety of flooring and carpeting options, including vinyl, laminate, hardwood and commercial carpet.

Is National Floors Direct good?

If you’re looking for brand-name flooring or carpeting at an affordable price, National Floors Direct is likely to have what you need. Its customers enjoy next-day installation and financing options; however, though the company offers a wide variety of floor brands and types, it might not be the best fit if you’re looking for a specific flooring or carpeting option.

National Floors Direct Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Our experience with National Floors Direct was extremely positive. The Sales specialist we worked with was very knowledgeable and helped secure us a great deal on our flooring install. We installed ~1900 sq feet of luxury vinyl plank (redoing our entire first floor) and thought for sure that the install would take several days to complete. Our installers arrived when they said they would (on the day of install, within the window we were given) and went right to work on install. Much to our surprise, they ended up completing the entire install within one day (they worked ‪from 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM‬ after asking if it was okay to work past 5:00 PM). Our installers also went above and beyond to ensure a quality installation, moving our major appliances and toilet and cutting in under door frames/moldings in order to put flooring down underneath for a clean, polished look.

We had removed our first floor baseboards prior to the install (as that wasn’t included in our purchase order) and avoided having to have the team install quarter-round necessary space to cover the space that is required to be left for expansion. The simple act of removing and replacing our baseboards gave us the extra polished, upscale look that we were driving towards. I can’t say enough good things about our team of installers. They were really fantastic.

After reading some negative reviews, I have to admit that we were a bit concerned about how our install would turn out but we went ahead with the installation, read the terms of our contract (complying with our obligations as the purchaser), and did whatever we could to ensure a smooth install. I’m so glad that I wasn’t scared off by the negative reviews because our floors came out great, we got a fantastic price, and it was all done in one day. We will absolutely use National Floors Direct again when we end up replacing our second floor carpeting. Huge thank you to our installers (if they are reading this)! I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review, though given the money we spent, if we weren’t absolutely thrilled with how our floors came out, no gift card could persuade me to post a positive review.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I would definitely recommend National Floors direct. A section of the carpet in my living room got wrecked when my A/C was leaking during a heatwave and I was unaware. I didn't think I could really afford new flooring rather than getting new carpet, but I decided to get 3 different estimates for laminate hardwood anyway b/c I never wanted carpet to begin with when I bought my townhouse. I got estimates from a contractor, NFD, and Empire Today which their 'final' estimates to me were within $27 of each other (neither company knew what the other had quoted). I said no thanks to all 3 b/c the price was too high...

Fast forward to 24 hours later when NFD e-mailed me a revised quote offering to rip out my old carpet, for the laminate hardwood itself I'd picked out, and installation for 60% less than the quote they'd given me the day before!! I jumped on this deal and I'm so glad I did! The installers came on the day they were supposed to and worked their butts off doing a great job installing my beautiful new floor. NFD will be the 1st company I call when I'm able to afford to do the rest of the floors in my home at some point in the future! I should also mention that my parents had NFD do the hardwood flooring in their entire home 3 years ago and were very happy with them as well. (Please excuse how ugly the unmatching furniture is in my living room in these photos. It will be replaced to match my new floors and rugs!)

Original review: July 3, 2020

I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review. The installation of my new carpet from National Floors Direct is complete. The whole process took less than 2 1/2 weeks from my Free In-Home Estimate request, to the completed installation. When I requested my Free In Home Estimate, I was called within 5 minutes, and an appointment was made for the following day for the measure and quote.

David ** came to my home, brought samples, told me about the various styles of carpet, measured my room and gave me a quote. He even worked with me to bring the price down, which was much appreciated. Prior to the installation, I received an email alerting me, that I would be getting a phone call from the installers to finalize the details. That call came the next morning, and we went over what was included with the service and the final amount owed. Not only do they take up and remove the old carpet, but they will move most furniture, which was a real plus. The day of the install, I was called by 8am giving me my installation window. The installers arrived, were courteous and got to work. Before they left, they vacuumed up any stray pieces, and had me look over their work. The carpet is everything I hoped it would be. Just a note, they do not take credit cards.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Last Wednesday, I had my kitchen floors changed from tile to hardwood. Initially when the salesperson came to my home, I was having him price out carpets for my family room. We got to talking and I had already mentioned when I made the appointment that I might be interested in hardwood. My salesperson thoroughly gave me an education on the different options I had to get the look I was after. He explained how to clean the floor, the different types of material and what would be his best recommendation on what fit my needs best. My salesperson was very knowledgeable and patient with me as I had a difficult time deciding which color to choose.

I scheduled the install for two weeks after our initial meeting. I was notified every step of the way as to when the installers would arrive and that they would call me that morning to give me an estimate on time. The installers that did my floor were two brothers. They were friendly and personable. Because of the pandemic, I had been home and saw the entire process of the job being done. They took their time, were respectful of the noise since I was working in the next room and were just all around very professional. The job was done in a timely manner and they cleaned everything up that they had to move in order to complete the job. I was then called a few days later to see how my service and install went and I couldn't be happier. My floors look amazing. The entire process was seamless. I will definitely use NFD again.

Denise

Original review: May 22, 2020

Our experience was really great. The sales rep Armando came out to our house. Was extremely knowledgeable about the product and helped us make a decision based on what we were looking to do for the future of our condo. We were looking to rent it out so we wanted something very durable but also in our price range. He was so great about giving advice on the flooring, what type should go where, and how to get the best value by mixing different types across our house to fit it into our budget. He did this even during the COVID-19 pandemic and we were just so grateful for that level of support and kindness during this time.

There was a miscommunication with the install date on Tuesday and the installers showed up earlier than expected. They were really amazing about waiting and helping us with our confusion. They were able to get in and install the carpet extremely quickly and professionally. They even gave us their thoughts on what we were doing and seemed concerned we didn't have a plan but once we explained it they were happy with what we did. It was really encouraging and I was so glad we chose National Floors Direct over some of the competition we got quotes from. I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review which was an even better bonus.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I had a very good experience with the salesperson on 3/18/21. We went over the work scope and the price. It was way higher than Empire's quote. The salesperson wanted to match by applying a 60% discount. The floor had carpet over hardwood which was nailed direct to the beams. The contract identified needing a new subfloor, and I asked if new plywood was included after the rip. The company required a check for the down payment and financing as an option for the balance for which I did. Part of the decision to work with National Floors Direct was the ability to do the project within two weeks. Because this was so close they had to order the material the next day, which was within the cancellation period, I had to sign a waiver, which I did.

I received a call to confirm the install date on 3/27/21. I inquired to make sure that the installer will arrive with the plywood, and not have to go back to pick in it up. I was told that it is expected since they have to do a subfloor. I wanted to know if it was going to be 3/4 or 1/2 inch. I was told they couldn't see that in the paperwork. On the day of the install 3/27/21, the installer did not have the plywood. Nor was he informed of the hardwood below the carpet. He was given a smaller square foot for the rip than what was to be installed.

I was then told by a representative that I had to pay for the additional labor and materials. Even though I asked for them to contact the salesperson to confirm that the pricing included installing a subfloor as stated on the contract. I was told that there is no way for the salesperson to determine what was needed prior to ripping the floor. I explained to the person that he removed a piece of the carpet to see the hardwood; and that I even proceeded to take him to the basement to see the wood nailed to the beams; and I asked if this was within their scope of work because I had other smaller flooring companies say it was out of their work scope. The response from the representative was that I had to either pay the additional money or lose my deposit.

Due to me needing to have the project done quickly, I asked that the price I was supposed to have been charged by the salesperson have the 60% discount applied. To which that was denied. I reminded the representative that at the time, National Floor Direct was running a promo that if they couldn't beat the price by 15% percent, the job was free. She said that didn't matter. At this point the installer remeasured and found that he was being robbed and decided to walk out. I called the company and asked for my money. After several escalations to a supervisor, I was told they will be in contact with me. I called on 3/30/21 to inquire and was told to give it two weeks.

I received the finance card in the mail saying that I have to pay the balance on the card. So now, National Floors Direct has my down payment, plus they charged the card and no work was done. I informed the card company that the was not completed and they queried the charge. I called back again on 4/6/21 and was told that someone will be contacting me. I have heard from no one. I never expected this type of strong arm, bait and switch tactic from this company. Should have stuck with Empire.

Original review: April 25, 2021

My floors look great. The installers arrived within the time frame promised. They did an awesome job. They cleaned up after themselves. They were very polite and respectful. "I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review."

Original review: April 25, 2021

This is the second time I've hired National Floors Direct. The first time we did a bedroom and this time we carpeted a large living room. The guys were professional, tidy and did a great job with the carpet. It looks and feels fantastic. I'm very happy with the work and will continue to hire this company for all my flooring needs. I received a gift card for posting an honest review.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I was very impressed with the whole experience when deciding to go with National Floors Direct. They arrived when they said that they would, went over everything they were going to do, completed when they said that they would, and showed me their impressive completed work. Everything was cleaned and they put back furniture where it was. They were very professional, courteous, and respected my possessions. The job turned out magnificently. I love my floor.

Original review: April 21, 2021

National Floors Direct did an outstanding job from start to finish with installing my new kitchen floors. The salesman was professional and knowledgeable, taking the time to listen and understand my needs. Great follow-up from the support areas to ensure I was ready for the installation. The day of installation, the workers did an amazing job and were done within 3 hours. My floors look beautiful and far exceeded my expectations especially after my poor experience with a major competitor. I received a gift card for my honest review. Regardless they are deserving of a great review.

National Floors Direct Company Information