Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 130 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

242 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Number 1 they were 45 minutes late. I specifically told them I had my place plastered and painted. They scratched up my walls when they moved furniture around which means I have to spend more money to plaster the scratches and get more paint to retouch my walls. And they left my front entrance a mess. I should've chose Empire. They were going to do the installation of the carpet $1000 cheaper. But I would've been penalized for cancelling. And one of the installers ask me for cigarettes. Now that's unprofessional.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

If I could possibly give a score of ZERO, I would. A representative from National Floors Direct (PETER) gave me an estimate for installation of hardwood floors on my stairs and second floor hallway on January 12, 2018. I told the representative that in addition, I wanted new moldings to be installed and “strings” (wood panels) going up the stairs. The agreement was made and the total amount due $3,568.00. I was told that I had to make a deposit of a third of the total amount. I made out a check in the amount of $1,282.00, and was told that installation would be done in ten (10) days. I was actually given the installation date of January 24.

I received a call on Wednesday, January 17th., from a representative, stating that final measurements need to be taken before the actual installation. The installer arrived today, January, 18th and did the measurements. I went over everything that was expected for installation. Through no fault of his (being the messenger), he made it clear that the “stings” were not included. I promptly called the company... spoke to three different reps about what I was told. Long story short, I was misled by the representative who came to my house. NFD made it seem that I misunderstood what was told to me.

After looking over the contract, sure enough, it was not included... Shame on me for not going over EVERYTHING with a fine-tooth comb before signing. I asked for a refund of my deposit and was told that it was too late. Refunds are only given within three days after the contract is signed. I had to calmly explain that the problem did not arise until after the three-day deadline was passed. NFD says one thing and does another. I’m truly disappointed and angry at myself for not doing my due diligence of investigating this company thoroughly before doing business with them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The salesperson lied about the product that they could install. The installers were unable to do it. They were not knowledgeable about the different products. The manager Tom whom I dealt with deceived me over and over and overcharged me for the job. More than $10,000 for kitchen and hallway. They then charged me for subflooring which was not done and refused to issue me a refund for $1500 when I informed them that the subflooring was not done. He told me that they didn’t charge me a restocking fee and therefore we are even and that I was not going to get a refund. He also told me that if they had done the subflooring, I would’ve had to pay for the wood, a charge that they failed to tell me about. Lots of lies and deceit. Beware of these people. I would never use them again.

National Floors Direct response

Hi Micaelle - we will reach out to you in a private response to get the details of your order number so we can assist with the issue.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Salesman very helpful in my selection of carpeting. Courteous, informative and patient. I am very pleased with my choice of carpeting. Installation went smoothly and without a hitch. The installers worked without interruption and were done in 2 hrs. I had a large area to cover. They cleaned and vacuumed and replaced furniture, including a baby grand piano, to its original place.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I am happy to take this opportunity to share my experience with National Floors Direct about my new kitchen floor. We lived at our current address for 16 years and we never updated our floors so we went through another company and was thoroughly dissatisfied. I saw an ad on television for National Floors Direct and decided why not give them a chance despite my last experience with the competition. I am very excited and pleased with the outcome. My kitchen has been transformed by way of looks, feel and comfort to the feet. I was nervous about the cost but they worked with me and I was able to use a coupon to decrease the price even more. The representative that provided the initial quote was extremely helpful and the installers were excellent and timely. I have definitely told everyone I know about National Floor Direct. I will use them again for my next floor project.

National Floors Direct response

Great to hear that you're happy with the new floors in your kitchen! We can't wait for the next project with you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I had seen ads for National Floors Direct on TV. One day, knowing it was something I wanted to do, I called them. I really needed to update my carpeting in the house. In a short period of time, a representative came to the house. There was no charge for the consultation. He brought in samples of the type of carpet I was looking for. There was a fair amount of samples and different grades to choose from. He also told me if I needed anything at all regarding my order, to call him and he gave me his card. He was very pleasant and not pushy at all. The installers came at the beginning of the appointed time frame which was wonderful. They were experienced. They explained the process completely. They installed it with professionalism and quite quickly. I was very happy with the experience. Thank you NFD!

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for your review and we're happy to hear that you're enjoying your new carpeting!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

National Floors Direct installed hardwood floors in my master bedroom. We love everything about them! The whole process was very professional! From the sales rep to the install! They were able to install within one week! They were very detailed oriented, from trim to transition pieces! They even tried to compete with other estimates! I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

From start to finish, the experience was as promised. Service rep was on time and knowledgeable. Cost for services was fair and worth every cent. The installation was fast yet done carefully, as a lot of furniture needed to be moved. The quality of the product was excellent and durable. And the color matched perfectly! I would recommend this company and their product to other homeowners! In fact, we hope to have them back in 2018 for a hardwood flooring installation.

National Floors Direct response

We're happy to hear about your positive experience and hope you're enjoying your new floors! Looking forward to working on the next project together!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Rugs/laminate and wood flooring - Great selection of material, many choices, colors, fabric. Sales personnel very helpful and knowledgeable. Installers very professional and skillful. Office staff worked with me on installation date as I was unavailable often. Installers did professional job with little disruption. Highly recommend this company to all.

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for choosing National Floors Direct and we're happy to hear about your positive experience!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We've used National Floors Direct three times now. Once for a basement gym with luxury vinyl. We were so happy with the results we then redid a bedroom with luxury vinyl. And finally again for a closet with luxury vinyl. We got quotes from both Empire and Luna and each time NFD was better in price, or we were able to get it price matched. We were hesitant the luxury vinyl would look cheap but no one can tell the difference from hardwood flooring. Very pleased with our flooring. Would definitely recommend and use again.

National Floors Direct response

It's great to hear from our repeat customers and thank you for choosing National Floors Direct time and time again! Enjoy your new floors!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We called National Floors Direct to replace our existing carpet in our living room. The room measures approximately 20 feet by fifteen feet in area. My initial contact was via your website and within minutes my phone rang to schedule an appointment. The sales Representative showed up on time and was pleasant and informative. He had samples and gave knowledgeable advice. I do wish however that he had a sample of the 6 lb padding and that there was an option for an upgraded pad. We settled on a price and an installation date and gave a deposit.

A phone call confirmed our installation date and on that morning a specific time frame was told to us via another call. The installers showed up on time and were very professional. They removed the old carpet and pad and installed the new. There was a seam between pieces at the rear of the room the was very professionally attended to and isn't noticeable at all. We are very happy with the process and will recommend national floors direct to our friends and family and of course other home projects in the future.

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for your review and we hope you're enjoying your floors!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We hired National Floors Direct to install new carpeting in our basement and on the basement stairs. The process was very efficient and affordable. The initial estimate meeting was accomplished on time by the representative and the information was complete. His knowledge was impressive and he worked with the level of quality/price that we were committed to. In fact he made some phone calls to work within our budget and gain our business. The process of installation, removal of old carpet and pad, moving furniture and clean-up was done quickly and efficiently. The entire appointment was done in about two hours. I would recommend National Floors Direct to my family and friends as an affordable, organized and efficient company for any flooring needs.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I can only say that I was totally pleased by the estimate appointment. The choices were endless and the representative was very knowledgeable. I picked a carpeting that was reasonable in price and quality. It was installed when promised and without any headaches. I would do it all over again…

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was positive. The salesman came to my house on time as scheduled. He was not pushy or aggressive and recommended the carpet that was part of the 3 rooms for $888 special for our rental unit. Although our rooms exceeded the max square footage for that special, the price was still reasonable. The day of install went fine. The installers came within the allotted time frame and got right to work. They moved the furniture carefully with no incidents. I was concerned about the payment upfront but the installer left the bank check right on the kitchen table until we signed off on our satisfaction of the install. We had a positive experience and over a month later still have no issues with carpet.

National Floors Direct response

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with National Floors Direct! Thank you for your review and we hope to service you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My wife and I were looking to change out the 5 year old carpeting in our beachside condominium in Plymouth. I am in project management and understand how a project is priced and invoiced to the customer. We decided to deal with Home Depot, National Floors Direct, and Empire Flooring. Knowing that the cost is a product of three things; material amount, cost of material, and labor, I had done my research and knew the answer to all but the cost of the material. I always approach a project from this standpoint, and this allows me to be in the driver’s seat and control the sale.

I will say that the salesman from National Floors was the most genuine of the three folks we dealt with. He was concerned about why we were unhappy with our 5 year old carpeting, and most concerned that the product we selected would serve the purpose we demanded from this project. His measurements were very close to mine, so that was not an issue. Other’s measurements were significantly higher and ultimately would have led to a higher cost. We had an idea what carpeting costs were, and finally selected the one we all felt would serve us best. There was never a pressure to upsell; just a desire to satisfy. He promised an installation date, confirmed it before he left our home, and explained in detail the entire process.

From start to finish, the entire project was simple and most importantly, we are very happy with the installation and the look of our new carpeting. Time will tell if the carpet wears according to the manufacturer’s specifications, but we have their guarantee and warranty to hang our hat on if there is ever an issue. National Floors was fair, professional, and courteous from start to finish. I highly recommend considering them if you are looking for a new floor!

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for your review and for choosing National Floors Direct! We love hearing about our customer's positive experience from the start of the job until after installation - enjoy your new carpet!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

National Floors Direct was great to work with. I have replaced flooring in my home twice with new carpet and called them to help. They made the process so seamless and accommodated my schedule with not only the quote but the install as well. Jeff was a pleasure to work with, even did an evening call after 8 pm for us. During the install, the workers were polite and efficient. Everything was done to even beyond my expectations. Not a single speck of a mess was left and I didn't need to lift a finger. I have already recommended several friends to them and will continue to do so. What a wonderful company to work with.

National Floors Direct response

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with National Floors Direct! Put us to work and we'll get the job done well for you! Thank you again and we hope to service your friends.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We were in desperate need of a carpet update! Two bedrooms had 20 year old carpets that were beyond their years and the media room had a DIY carpet that never really looked good especially at the transitions. We called National Floors Direct and set up a quick visit from the salesmen who had tons of options and colors. We were so pleased with the selection we choose to also carpet the breezeway on the spot. The price was excellent and the install appointment was very convenient. Two installers arrived on time and were super polite and professional, making sure to keep the house clean as they worked. They finished in a few hours and we are so happy with the result, there's such a transformation of the rooms. I would recommend more people update their carpet from National Floors Direct, it's the best update for your dollar!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I recently had National Floors Direct install new carpet in my home. I am very happy with the price, quality and professionalism of the sales people and installers. I highly recommend NFD to anyone needing carpet or flooring. They definitely outshine the competition in all areas!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My experience with National Floors Direct was very positive. The representative came out quickly on a Saturday to give a quote. He was fair and gave us a lot of choices and was able to give us the best price possible. Then we had the company on Tuesday at our house by 1 o' clock installing carpet, and it only took two hours for our room and stairs. The installer was pleasant, hard-working and did a great job. I would recommend highly National Floors Direct to anyone. A satisfied customer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Order #** I had a very good experience twice with National Floors Direct. The salesman came by the day after I called and was very professional. The price fit my budget. The installation team arrived and stayed about four hours putting in the new carpet and kitchen floor. Both look great. I would definitely recommend this company and use them again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Working with the National Floors Direct customer service was an adventure, but working with the installers was a top notch experience! The two guys were timely, and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right. When there were hurdles they had to navigate, they stayed late into the night to make sure they finished on time. As I made simple requests throughout the job, they were receptive and worked with me to find a way to make it happen. I’m glad I didn’t try to do this myself, because the expertise they exhibited could not be matched! The result was a beautiful new hardwood floor that looks like it was made specifically for my house! I would definitely work with these installers again for future flooring jobs. I’ll also mention that the salesman who came to my house was a pleasure to work with. Very happy!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I am very pleased with the outcome of my floors. The workers were very polite and efficient and clean. They worked hard all day to install my floors. The quality of the flooring is also great but again without the knowledge and professionalism of the installers it would not have come out as good as it did. Thank you for your services.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

National Floors Direct is incredibly professional, responsive and easy to work with. They also gave me a very competitive price. National Floors Direct was a completely painless process from sales through installation. I thought it was going to be weeks before the floors would be installed but National Floors Direct was willing to be there the next day. They scheduled the install to accommodate my personal schedule. The contractors were professional and courteous as well as great craftsman. The flooring choices were exceptional.

They were reachable by phone and email to answer any questions I had. This is not the case with the majority of contractors so I was pleased with their accessibility. NFD and the work crews were on time and worked tirelessly. They made it a point to include me in any decision, large or small, to ensure that every detail was to our liking. There were some obstacles due to the angles of the basement floor, which could potentially not make them look flush but the workers brainstormed a solution. The flooring looks great and we have received many compliments. I would absolutely hire NFD again and again. I would also recommend NFD to anyone doing any work on their property.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We were referred to National Floors Direct by my dad who had used your company a few weeks prior. He was so impressed with the price and how quickly and professionally the job was done that he recommended we use you too! Pierre was our sales rep and he was great! He was friendly, funny, knowledgeable, and most important took the time to go over what would be best for our needs and budget. I was impressed for a sales call there was no pressure at all! Installation day went very smooth. We were given an estimated time that it would take to complete the project and it was predicted perfectly. We love the new look of our hardwood floors, and would consider national floors direct for any future needs.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I hired National Floors Direct after researching who the best value would be for floor installation. We had a representative come to our house and he showed us multiple different floor types and gave us a suggestion on what he thought we would like based on price and material. We landed on a luxury vinyl flooring for our kitchen. I was against Vinyl Laminate until I saw the quality that National Floors Direct was showing us. National Floors Direct came to our house only two weeks after the purchase and removed and installed the flooring in less than half a day. They were very professional, clean, and precise. The floors came out great and totally transformed our kitchen. I would highly recommend someone to National Floors Direct that is looking for a great quality floor at the best value. If you have received a quote from another company at a lower price they will guarantee the price and the floors come with a warranty! Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I first called National Floors Direct several years ago when we were finishing a basement bedroom for my newly married daughter and her husband. The process was very painless, and quick. The salesman was polite and offered us a full range of price and variety. We had the room carpeted in a few days and my daughter moved in soon afterwards. We next needed to replace the whole first floor carpet, and this time I did my research carefully since the investment was considerably more.

National Floors Direct came through again with the best price and excellent service. The closest competition was several hundred dollars more, and did not include removal and disposal of the old carpet! After several years a pet finally destroyed the carpet in one bedroom, and that had to be replaced. The NFD salesman was able to offer a choice within our budget, and the job was completed on the day we requested by an excellent installation team. I will definitely call again the next time we need new carpet or flooring!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We choose National Floors Direct as we had seen the ads on TV and wanted new carpeting by Thanksgiving which was 2 weeks away. We were contacted right away after we called and an appointment set up for an in home appraisal. The man who came out was friendly and helpful. He found out what we were looking for and brought only a few samples into our home instead of overwhelming us with numerous samples of types of carpet we weren't interested in. We then received a fair price which included moving large furniture, tearing up and removing old carpet, installation of pad and carpet, moving back furniture and clean up.

The installers came in the time frame provided, did everything as promised, were professional and did a very good job. They had me check the color before they put it down, and had me check seams, which were near impossible to see. The new carpeting looks beautiful and we are very pleased we choose National Floors Direct.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I recently had carpets installed in my new home and I couldn't be happier with the experience provided by National Floors Direct. From the start with the salesperson, it was a very smooth process. He made finding the right carpet for my home very easy and the competitive pricing couldn't be beat. Leading up the the install I had a few questions that the customer service team was very happy to answer and went out of their way to make sure I was getting the best service possible.

On the day of the install the service was nothing less than I've been receiving. The lead installer was very polite and made sure his team did everything to make sure my home was left in the same condition as when they arrived. Their work was spot on and they made sure to include me in any slight change to the installation of my carpet. Once the job was complete they were very thorough with the final walkthrough to make sure everything met my expectations. I found no issues with my experience and have already begun to recommend National Floors Direct to friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

National Floors Direct was the best call for flooring, they completed the job as promised on time and on budget. I began with paying Home Depot to install my new hardwood floors and what a huge mistake that was. To begin with it took them multiple weeks to source lumber which came in damaged and unfinished when I was promised a 100% finished floor in one week. After getting my refund from them, I'd rather talk about how National Floors Direct came to my rescue when my elderly mother had only rough plywood on her floor during Thanksgiving. All the Depot could do was get me a floor next year maybe and not even finished.

National Floors Direct came in with a competitive price and had wonderful craftsmen install my floor as promised. My mother has a beautiful 4000sq ft custom house and we could not just have anyone install this floor, It had to meet high standards. My mother is very meticulous and they pleased her and got us a wonderful floor way better than anyone else was offering. I would recommend National Floors Direct to anyone and will use them in the future for sure. The hardwood oak floor came out absolutely gorgeous without any hassle absolutely love it!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Carpet installation - Master bedroom, dressing room, hallway and stairway, all done with perfection. Removal of old carpet, old padding, old tack strips and even hauled it all away so that I did not have to fool around trying to find a place to bring it all or a way to get it to the dump.

National Floors Direct Company Information

www.nationalfloorsdirect.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use