Call toll free
4.16/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

600 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I am thrilled with the job NFD did on my basement. After my basement flooded, they were able to redo my carpet to perfection. (I am not including photos because of the other water damage.) The professionals who came to my door were timely, appropriate and tremendously clean. My carpet looked as if it had just been cleaned and vacuumed after they left. The basement was a mess and the wonderful job they did on my carpet has gotten me well on my way to move past this flood and onto the future. Thank you National Floors Direct!

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I found National Floors Direct to be a very professional and trained organization. The finish and quality of work they did installing the hardwood floor in my kitchen was excellent. They moved my appliances back promptly after the work was done. The work area was clean and the job was done very quickly within the time period they claimed it would be completed. The quality of the hardwood was also as per their claim. I was also impressed at the thoroughness of their initial visit, explaining the details very clearly. So there were no surprises afterwards during the installation. Their price was very competitive and this lead me to chose them over several local contractors that I know. I would recommend National Floors direct confidently to anyone and use them for any future flooring work that I may have.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I recently had my floors in my condominium ripped up and replaced by National Floors Direct. The floors came out great. Installers were professional and worked diligently. Very high quality laminate floors and installers would frequently ask my preference on certain finishing so I was completely satisfied. Scheduling the job was also very easy. Price was excellent and service was great. Would definitely recommend National Floors Direct again! If you are looking for high quality, affordable, floors with great service, call National Floors Direct.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The agent that came to my house to show samples and discuss the project arrived on time and was polite and professional. The transaction went easily, because the agent was properly prepared to answer my questions. I was contacted as expected and provided the installation date/timeframe. The installers contacted me just before their arrival, just as I was told they would. They came in and reviewed the work area and immediately began working. As they continued working, they kept me updated on their progress.They invited me to come into the rooms to review their work during the process. When they had completed, they walked me around and showed the completed work. Altogether I feel that everything went smoothly, and it was a pleasant experience. I would be pleased to do business with National Floors Direct again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I recently got my attic floors done. The results are so beautiful. I’m so happy with my hardwood floors. The price is great and the timing is awesome. Every time my family come over they always compliment my floors. I would recommend this service to who is looking for hardwood floors to be installed in their house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We are beyond happy with the sales, service, and install experience we had with NFD. Even with changes the day of install everyone stayed flexible and helpful. We are likely to be return customers. We would recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Thank you for a great, easy experience. I felt comfortable right from the beginning, no hidden fees, great customer service. The free estimate was prompt and the work was quick and painless on our end! Would recommend and use again!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Our experience was great, they came to our home, helped us decide what flooring was best for us. They gave us a great price and an installation date that worked with our budget & schedule. We will use them again for future projects.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Our experience with National Floors Direct was a positive one. We received an email days prior with detailed instructions on confirming our appointment as well as in making sure the stairs we were having carpeted were properly prepared. The morning of our appointment we received a phone call leaving plenty of notice, letting us know that our installers were on their way. When they arrived they were very proficient and polite. They installed our carpeting within just two short hours! Once they finished the installment they made sure to clean up afterwards, leaving no mess behind. Our stairs look great and we are very happy with the finished product. We would recommend National Floors Direct to anyone looking to get flooring done!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Don’t use National Floor Direct. First I took a day off from work because they were coming and they never showed up. Amanda (customer service) said she tried to call me to because the installers were knocking at my door. This was a total lie. No one ever knocked at my door and my phone did not ring. So they called back and said a new installer would be there the next day. Meanwhile I lost a days pay for nothing. Then to top it all off, they overcharged me $750.

I tried talk to Amanda, but she wouldn’t listen and she was so rude to me. They really need a lesson in customer service. Meanwhile my rug is coming away from the metal strip. I sent an e-mail to them over a week ago and no one has gotten back to me to set up a time to fix it. So I am going to pay someone to fix it. I truly believe that this company is only out for the money and could care less about the customer. They are rude and just don’t care. I will never go back to them and I hope no one has to learn the lesson I have learned.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Seriously, save yourself some money and ask a local company to install it for you so you won't be told one thing by the salesperson and then the subcontractor will arrive and your quote will jump 30% up! And you can't even cancel because you've already pre-paid and you will lose your initial payment if you won't agree to pay extra for installation. I've tried to mention the original quote and everything I was promised by the sales guy who did the measurements and evaluation but no one cares. Be prepared, they are very rude on the phone and no one will be giving you any details. Just get more money or the contractor will leave the house immediately.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had a great experience with National Floors Direct. The salesperson from the start was great. The people that came into my home to moved very quickly and installed both floors in one day. They made sure that when they left they left the home very clean.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

National Floors Direct was so easy to work with. I scheduled an appointment that was convenient to me and the salesman was on time. He was patient and showed me many options and price points. Installation was scheduled at a time that worked with my schedule and the installers arrived on time. The guys were courteous and got right to work. They did a great job and cleaned up as they went. They were in my house for 6 hours and you would not even know they were here as they were quiet and worked efficiently. The carpets look great and I am happy with the results. They are exactly as I had desired.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I contacted National Floors Direct to install carpets in two bedrooms. The sales rep Jason did an excellent job going through different styles of carpet samples with my wife and I. We gave a deposit and had a date set for them to do the installation. On 02/04/2019 the Sub-contractor they hired to do the installation showed up, by himself and couldn't speak English. I would think to install 2 carpets in 2 bedrooms there would be more than one person to do this job. 5.5 hours later he was finally done but prior to finishing we had a few issues. I happened to be looking out the window and noticed he had the wrong carpet laid out, so I said something to him which he couldn't really understand so I showed him a picture of the carpet we are superposed to be getting.

I noticed another carpet in his van and read the label and told him this is the one. The label had all of my information on it. So if I hadn't noticed him getting ready to cut the wrong carpet he would have installed it. So after he was done installing the correct carpet I noticed a few issues with the seams, the seams were very noticeable to the point you could see the old flooring underneath the new carpet. Carpet not fully going under the radiators and not completely going under the transition stripes in the doorways.

I tried to explain to him what the issues were and like I said earlier he couldn't speak nor understand English. I was wasting my breath with this guy. I took pictures and called customer service the next morning and spoke to someone and they understood what I was talking about. She was very pleasant and opened a repair order to come out and fix the issues. I gave them 2 stars for now and once the problems are fixed I will come back and update my review.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My recent purchase from National Floors Direct was worthy of sharing. The standout take away from the experience was that first, the carpeting was something I was pleased with. I was surprised at how good the padding was. The installer - Gustavo, was terrific. This fairly large job was supposed to have a few people working on the installation. A flu going around, left Gustavo to do the entire thing himself. He came when scheduled, did a great job at his craft and completed a beautiful installation. There was not quite enough material to finish the job so he had to come back to complete it. I am happy with the product, and impressed with the workmanship of the installation. The installer's work ethic, craftsmanship skills and attention to detail, are worthy of mention.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The salesman was very informative about the samples and instrumental in our decision. The installers were very professional and ensured the job was completed in a timely manner. The carpet is simply beautiful. I will recommend to all my friends.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I recently purchased a home and wanted new carpets. Had several companies come out to give me an estimate. Their quality of carpet was not nearly as good as National's nor were they able to install for me as quickly. They are professional and very knowledgeable. I would recommend them to my family and friends. Thank you National Floors.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We had a great experience from start to finish. We are so happy with our new floors and would recommend your company to others. Your installers were terrific. They were polite and very respectful of our home. They went out of their way to make sure our project was completed in a timely fashion even when unexpected obstacles came our way. They were very knowledgeable and helpful!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My experience with National Floors Direct was nothing but professional. From the time I call them to set up an appointment till the time our floors were complete. When I first called, they made an evening appointment that I requested, the sales rep was prompt, within 5 minutes of when they said. He brought many samples of flooring, I feel he never tried to sell us a floor, but instead explained all the pros and cons of the many types of floors and helped us to select the correct floor for our needs.

Once we made our choice, he then asked us what day we wanted it installed, they did not tell us when it could be done, it was our choice. We did pick a date a few weeks away because that was what we needed, they did not question the timing. Then 3 days before our install they called just as a reminder, not trying to sell more just a reminder. The morning of the install they called to let us know when they would be there and they were once again right on time. The installers were very professional and nice, they moved furniture with care, completed the install in less time than we were told, explained the care for the floor, cleaned up every bit of mess and thanked us and were gone. I will use National Floors again for any more flooring needs and would recommend them to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I just had 2 bedrooms done in hardwood. I used National Floors Direct. The whole job went flawlessly. Not only did they beat any other price by$300, their workers were very polite. They were punctual. They were clean. I plan to do my other 2 bedrooms next year. I will call them first. The salesman was also very polite and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have used big box stores for flooring in the past and was left disappointed, but National Floors Direct was 100% different. They did a great job and they were very knowledgeable with the product and how to install it in my basement. I love my new floor and I cannot wait to start a new project and redo the floor that the popular blue big box store installed with issues.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I recently purchased vinyl flooring from National Floors Direct. The whole experience was a positive one! The salesman who came to my house was very nice, knowledgeable and not pushy! The installers were fast and neat and clean. The floor looks awesome!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We had a great experience with National Floors Direct! The representative was prompt and gave us great feedback and assistance with choosing the right flooring for our home! NFD was able to get us an amazing deal and we were able to schedule the install appointment quickly! The installers were early each day and did amazing work! I love detail in how they cut the quarter round and laid the floors. They transitions are smooth and look fantastic! The best part is that our floors no longer creak and squeak!!! Our home is also brighter now with the new floors we chose and I can't wait to get the rest of the house done! Thank you for a wonderful product and experience!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

National Floors Direct did a great job with making the whole process of buying/installing carpet easy. I met with a few other carpet companies as well, but in the end decided to go with National Floors Direct because of their great attention to what I really needed and at a reasonable price. The salesperson who I worked with showed me many options and helped to discover which carpet was best for my property. She was very helpful and patient with my questions and needs. The customer service at national floors direct far exceeded those of similar carpet companies. I got phone calls to confirm my appointments and let me know when the installers were going to come. The installation was very well done and quickly done. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend National Floors Direct to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I had a terrific experience with NFD. They were professional from the Salesperson to the Installers. The pricing was unbelievable as it beat my other two competitors' prices. The installers were efficient and very neat. They were pleasant and kept me informed during the installation. The carpet quality was excellent. I will use NFD again soon.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have never been as pleased as I was with this experience. I will continue to speak highly of my experience from step one to the end step 10. I was very satisfied from the moment the salesman entered and measured and I picked out a carpet I loved and the price was fabulous. Not to mention the job the installer did and his kindness and manners. I will definitely use them again and refer them to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

On 1/15/2019 a representative name Jim ** from National Floors Direct came to my home and I ordered hardwood flooring and carpeting - on 1/25/2019 the installers came to install the new floors so I inspected what the installer had on their truck and the hardwood and the carpeting was not what I order. The installer call the company and explained to them that what the problem was and then I spoke to the company and they proceeded to try to tell me that the order was correct.

I took a picture of the sample the representative had of the exact wood that I ordered and the installer and myself texted the pictures to National Floors Direct and you can clearly see a difference between the two different colors of the wood. So after several phone calls and them threatening me saying that it will cost me dearly in court and I will not get my deposit of $700 back and that I now owe them $5257.00 if I do not let them install the wood and carpet. I cancelled the order because I do not want to have something installed in my home that I did not order. What I ordered was a light color cherry wood and the color the installer had on their truck was a dark color wood, and the carpet was very thin and not the color I ordered and I clearly explained to the representative that I wanted thick carpet and what I chose is not what the installers had on their truck.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Within a day of my call, an appointment was set up with a rep the following Monday. He spent quite a bit of time showing me the different products and their value and reviewing the two areas to be replaced (2 rental properties). Once installers came on January 14, they arrived on time, introduced themselves, went right to work, laid the floor beautifully and, cleaned up after themselves. Miguel had me review the floor for any issues and then proceeded to give me a copy of my paid bill and my warranty and explained it was a "lifetime warranty" from Mohawk Flooring. I would recommend and use them again. Miguel then took a picture of the flooring and left.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

First the person that gave us the estimate was very pleasant and professional. She arrived on time and with all the rug samples. She made us feel very comfortable. She schedule our installation and gave us the time and date that the rugs would be installed. On the scheduled installation date I received a call from National Floor Direct stating, the installers would be at my home between 9:00 am and Noon. However the person on the phone informed me that we were the first installation on the schedule. At approximately 9:20 am the installers arrived. They asked me to come out to inspected the color of the rug to ensure it was the correct color. It was. The crew wasted no time and began working immediately. The crew consisted of three people. They were totally professional and extremely careful. I couldn't be more satisfied with the carpet and the installation. I would recommend National Floors Direct to any of my friends. Thank you for a great job.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I want thank you for the excellent service I received From National Floors Direct at my home. The laminate and carpet estimates I had received from other flooring companies didn’t come close to deal I received from National Floors Direct. The really did come in at a much better price then the closest quote I had received. The sales agent was very helpful and I felt he really wanted my business and didn’t make me feel pressured. Installers showed up on time didn’t damage any molding or trim and did a nice job, very professional. The transition strips and carpet running into each room look very clean. I would highly recommend National Floors Direct to anyone that is in the market for new flooring.

National Floors Direct Company Information