4.7/5 (243 ratings)

About National Floors Direct

National Floors Direct provides high-quality flooring to suit your specific needs. It offers floor options including laminate, vinyl, carpet and hardwood, as well as next-day installation and financing options.

Top National Floors Direct Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had an awesome experience with National Floors Direct from the sales person all the way through the installation team… The work was completed beautifully and professionally... I...

Verified

National Floors Direct did an amazing job. The staff is great from start to finish. The salesman helped me decide on what was best with no pressures. The installation team arrived...

What is National Floors Direct?

National Floors Direct is a direct-to-consumer flooring and carpeting company. It specializes in retailing top industry brands and offers next-day installation services. It also provides free in-home shopping consultations for potential customers and other no-charge services with each order, such as furniture moving and measuring.

How does National Floors Direct work?

You can order your flooring or carpeting from National Floors Direct’s website or over the phone. This process includes free services such as:

• Premium padding
  • Furniture moving
  • Standard stair work
  • Measuring and layout

National Floors Direct also offers free in-home shopping consultations, where a representative comes to your home with various flooring and carpeting options — this can give you a good idea of how your flooring or carpet selections will look in your home once installed.

National Floors Direct prices

Prices for National Floors Direct’s products and services vary widely based on individual needs and product choices. The company does offer several promotions, such as a $333 deal that includes name-brand carpet, next-day installation and padding for one room.

Additionally, National Floors Direct offers financing options (e.g., one year of no-interest payments) to help offset the initial cost of flooring.

National Floors Direct FAQ

Who owns National Floors Direct?
National Floors Direct was founded in 2005 by the Rosenberg family. The company is still owned and operated by the family today.
Where is National Floors Direct located?
National Floors Direct is headquartered in Avon, Massachusetts. It has several locations around the U.S.
Does National Floors Direct remove old flooring?
Yes. National Floors Direct will remove your old flooring during the installation process. It also assists with moving furniture and taking measurements.
What types of flooring does National Floors Direct offer?
National Floors Direct offers a wide variety of flooring and carpeting options, including vinyl, laminate, hardwood and commercial carpet.

Is National Floors Direct good?

If you’re looking for brand-name flooring or carpeting at an affordable price, National Floors Direct is likely to have what you need. Its customers enjoy next-day installation and financing options; however, though the company offers a wide variety of floor brands and types, it might not be the best fit if you’re looking for a specific flooring or carpeting option.

National Floors Direct Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

First I have to say Im receiving a $25 gift card for this review. Doesn't matter. If I wasn't completely happy with the carpet job I wouldn't give a good rating if they gave me the carpet for free. That said it was a pleasurable experience right from the start. The sales rep was really nice guy. No hard sale by any means which puts me right at ease. I have too much traffic to buy a less expensive carpet so we chose a higher end one. The communication was good with one hiccup. I didn't receive an email the day before for a more narrow arrival window. No big deal for me, I'm home all day. I called and got someone right away who straightened it out. The arrival window was 4 hours. A bit wide for me but again no big deal.

Once the crew was here they got right to work tearing the old carpet and underlayment up, scraping and sweeping the mess away and installing. I saw the older guy in the crew stroking the carpet to check the lie of the fibers to make sure the seam area was unnoticed (It is undetectable). When finished they made sure I was happy with the install. They left no evidence that they had been there except for a nice new carpet. I would recommend NFD to anyone looking for a good product and service at an affordable price.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I had been wanting to have the carpet pulled up and floors laid down in my basement for quite some time. I finally decided to do something about it and called three floor companies to vet them and see which best fit my needs. As soon as the National Floors Direct representative answered my call, I felt valued and appreciated, all I was doing was setting up a consultation but the representative was polished, professional and responsive. I scheduled a next day consultation with ease and waited for things to begin. The field agent was very responsive and communicative, arrived on time, was knowledgeable and thorough. I appreciated his telling me the history of the company and where the products were manufactured, it certainly helped put my mind at ease.

The flooring selection was wonderful and I got really excited about the lifetime warranty on the floors and the favorable finance rate. There was no question that I had found my flooring company. Installation was scheduled for a few days out and on the big day, the workers came on time, set up shop professionally and were very communicative. Install took about 6-8 hours and was done efficiently and professionally. The finished product was amazing and I could not believe the transformation of my basement. I am very happy I went with National Floors Direct and while I did receive a gift card for posting my honest review of their product, please believe that my satisfaction and praise would be the same otherwise.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I saw a commercial for National Floors Direct many time, but it wasn't until I tried the large commercial Home Repair Stores for estimates that I decided to call NFD. From the first call to the courteous Representative/Scheduler, they set my appointment and checked in with me up to the day before my estimator came out. The estimator came and did a thorough measurement, followed by a short video of NFD and the service and carpet options they provide. My estimator brought in quite a large selection of carpet styles to choose from. He called his Manager to ensure the carpet that we chose was in stock and to help us also get an additional discount. The estimator was excellent and I will request him again when we do additional carpeting in the near future.

The installers showed up exactly on time and called an hour prior to arrival to let me know they would be there on time. They came in and went over the project before starting and verified the carpet was what my wife and I had chosen. They immediately started the removal of the old carpet, tacking strips and padding. They completed the installation within the estimated time of four hours and made sure I was happy with the install and clean-up before leaving. I would highly recommend NFD and as mentioned previously, plan in using them again soon!

Original review: May 20, 2022

I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review. National Floors Direct did an amazing job from start to finish putting in new flooring in my home. From the very beginning I felt like my time as a potential customer was valued. It showed when the salesmen arrived at my house on time and took careful measurements of every room in the house. Given that my first floor has weird angles, he went above and beyond by redoing his measurements multiple times to ensure that the contractors that would install the flooring would have enough material to get the job done in one day, and sure enough, they did.

Within the following Tuesday, my entire house was transformed into what you see below. The contractor that arrived at my house was once again cordial with both time and his manners as he confirmed with me the work that was to be done. He and his crew went to work and the ending result was simply immaculate. The gentleman took his time and walked me through all the work that was done and the crew vacuumed before they left and did not leave a single scrap of trash on the floor. This is the kind of service I was hoping for and I surely got it. This was worth every penny and I have no qualms with recommending this company as I cannot recommend them enough!

Original review: March 5, 2022

I need to take the time to provide this compliment for National Floors Direct. My wife and I just had National Floors Direct install new flooring on our second floor of our home. From beginning to end it was a definite positive experience. Mike the salesman showed up at our home and provided us sufficient information regarding all the different types of flooring and what our options are and how much the cost would be. After deciding on our flooring and the cost with Mike we set up an installation. We were having three bedrooms and a hallway along with a stairway carpet put down in our home.

On the date the installation was arranged, the installers showed up in the morning and worked extremely hard all day and expert workmanship. Due to the large volume of the floor installation they had to return the following day to complete the job. They showed up the next morning and completed the job by early afternoon. Floors came out beautiful and the workmanship and the pleasant demeanor of the installer was absolutely exceptional. I would definitely recommend National floors direct for any and all of your home flooring needs. Excellent job and good company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Great customer service. The salesman was easy to deal with and knew the products. Installers were polite and kept things moving. They took all the old flooring and left my home neat and tidy. The floors look amazing with little disruption.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The salesman Peter ** from National Floors Direct was polite and extremely knowledgeable as well as accommodating. On the day of installation my installer arrived at the top of the window. He moved expeditiously and with accuracy. I would definitely refer to a friend and definitely choose NFD for all my future flooring needs.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

The salesman came over gave me a fair price and measured everything accurately. The install gentleman came on time and did a perfect job on replacing old stained rugs with beautiful new high-quality rugs. They answered all of my questions. The product was of extreme quality and the workmanship was expert.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

The installers, German, Yari and Jose were polite and courteous. They installed 500 square feet quickly and efficiently. And they cleaned up as if they were never there. The floors look great and really made the whole house look fantastic.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

The installers were friendly, cordial and considerate. Their work was professional in every way. They cleaned up after themselves and left the residence spotless. They were definitely the high point of our experience. I would gladly recommend them in the future.

National Floors Direct Company Information