Call toll free
4.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

642 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 22, 2019

I called National Floors Direct and asked to order some carpets from them. A salesperson came to my house the next day, on time. He was on time, polite and showed us a large selection of carpets to choose from. We made an appointment, they called the day before, confirmed installation, showed up, early, and did a beautiful job installing my new carpet. I highly recommend this company!

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I did my tax refund to RushCard and am terrified that I will now lose my money! TERRIBLE support! Tried 5 phones, every time I log in and go to load funds with Indigo THE APP CLOSES!!! 4 customer service reps have HUNG UP on me and you cannot understand them. Tried call IRS to NOT LOAD on their product and switched to NETSPEND... NO PROBLEMS NOW.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 18, 2019

Had a new carpet installed in the bedroom. The installers didn't speak English well and it was hard to communicate that the floors squeaked. We asked if they could fix it, they shook their head yes, fixed one spot, but not the rest of the floor. When we asked the main customer support group, they said we didn't pay to have the floorboards fixed. We should have asked before. How would a consumer know that? Wouldn't the salesperson tell a consumer that? When we described how the installer did fix one part of the room, and asked why he didn't fix the other, we were told he was just nice and we were lucky he fixed anything. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. We had carpets installed years ago by a fireman who did this on the side. He provided much better service and reasonable price. Should have used a local person, not a large chain. BUYER BEWARE. You need to be a floor expert before you use this company.

National Floors Direct response

National Floors Direct contracted with Ms. Dickerson to replace carpet in a master bedroom and closet. The company was not contracted to repair or replace the sub-floors in these areas or to attempt to remove or reduce squeaking in these areas, nor is that normally within the scope of a carpet installation.

We are sorry we were unable to provide the additional labor that Ms. Dickerson wanted free of charge but any licensed, insured, and certified installation professional - regardless of whether English is their first, second, or third language - would require payment for services above and beyond the scope of their written agreement.

Original review: April 17, 2019

3 carpets wall to wall. Very happy with the person that came in and explained the products that were available to us. Took special attention to the concerns which my wife had. We were very happy. They gave us a military discount which really helped and cemented our purchase.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had my entire upstairs and hallways carpeted. National Floors Direct was on point from the sales team to the installers.They had plenty of colors to choose from. The installers came on time and finished when they said they would. I couldn't ask for a better experience and price! I would recommend them to my friends and family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: April 9, 2019

Our experience from start to finish has been nothing but exceptional with National Floors Direct. Originally I placed a request via their web site for an installation quote. Immediately I received a phone call and an appointment two days later. Cristina arrived right on time Saturday morning and was very professional, helpful and knowledgeable. She had a lot of different Berbers to choose from. She set us up with an installation date that was perfect for us.

The day of the installation we received a call and Jorge arrived within the scheduled time. Jorge worked alone for a VERY long day to do 3 bedrooms and our hallway. He was very pleasant and kept me informed about his progress. The next morning he returned to do the top part of the stairs and did a beautiful job. He measured for and explained the bonding process for the bottom stairs which Christina had also explained. I planned on receiving a call in about a week for him to return. The BEST part of all - got the call two days after he left that he would return to finish those last five stairs. Jorge just left a short while ago and we are so happy with our new carpet. We would highly recommend National Floors Direct to any of our friends. Great work team! Thank you!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

The entire experience has been horrible and we were foolish for using a company that only accepts cash as a downpayment. Their departments do not communicate with each other. We were told furniture would be moved if it was cleared off and drawers removed, they refused and we sent them away. Customer service was beyond rude. We finally got a manager/supervisor who rescheduled and said he would be sure they would move the furniture. The carpet quality does not appear to be what we picked out but without a sample it is impossible to prove. Two weeks later we are still waiting for our runner for the stairs to be installed. Also the salesperson did not measure correctly, there was a lot of excess carpeting left.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Our experience with National Floors Direct was amazing from start to finish. The salesman Marc was knowledgeable and professional when he visited our home for an estimate. There were a variety of options to choose from - we picked carpet for the bedroom and vinyl for the rest of the apartment. They were accommodative when we had to reschedule our install date. Also, we had the installers come twice, upon our direction - great flexibility. The install itself was quick and done well. The carpet is soft and even, goes exactly to the edge of the wall. The vinyl is precisely cut around all edges as well. Overall good experience and would recommend to family and friends. Thanks again National Floors Direct!

Original review: April 6, 2019

From the quoting to after installation experience was wonderful. Pricing was very competitive. The installers experienced and professional. Follow up from customer care was within a day or so. I would recommend National Floors Direct to anyone for your flooring needs.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We are very pleased with our experience with National Floors Direct. During the initial consult, the sales associate was very helpful. He came through with National Floors Direct’s advertising promise of beating the lowest sales quote by 15%. The scheduled installation was quick and convenient; they were able to install on a date that worked around our schedules and was fairly quick after we purchased. The installers were on time, very professional, and catered to our needs. They were thoughtful to put carpet down to protect our original floors throughout the entry/exit point. The sales representative matched our hardwood floors exactly and the quality of the floors appears to be second-to-none. We would highly recommend National Floors Direct to any of our family or acquaintances. We will plan to use National Floors Direct for any of our flooring needs in the future.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Absolutely a great experience from the beginning when the representative visited our home, to the final clean up by the installation crew. Everyone involved was very professional and went out of their way to ensure that any of our questions and/or concerns were answered and/or addressed. I would highly recommend this company to all my family and friends. Thank you for such a great experience.

Original review: April 5, 2019

My husband and I had our stairs, bedrooms, and office carpeted all in one day. The crew worked hard to get the job finished and succeeded. We love our new carpet and it’s so soft! We were very pleased with our experience we decided to go ahead and have our family room done with the same carpet two weeks later.

The price is reasonable to begin with but they will price match too! Overall, great experience.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Luxury Vinyl floor and carpet. Our experience with National Floors Direct was fantastic! Starting for the sales representative to the incredible installers. Everything started when I saw the TV commercial. 60%! Schedule the in house appointment was fast and easy. All the appointments were confirmed in advance and both (sales representative and installers) call us to confirm estimated arrival time. They remove the existing floor and carpet and took all the debris. Our new floors and carpets were professionally installed and they look beautiful. The installers did a great job.

Original review: April 4, 2019

National Floors Direct was easy to work! At my initial consultation, the representative took time to understand my needs and what I was looking for. He was incredibly patient and showed many different options for flooring. The costs were below industry standards, with the team working above and beyond to ensure it was an affordable investment. Installation was a breeze, with the installers on time and with a quick turnaround. The quality of the carpet and hardwood floors were excellent. It feels like my house has been transformed in such a short time. I will definitely keep National Floors Direct in mind when I'm ready to redo the rest of my flooring needs!

Original review: April 1, 2019

After researching many companies, NFD became the go-to choice to have flooring done for my store. The process was very easy from start to finish and everyone compliments how soft the store carpet is. Looking forward to putting it to good use.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I am so happy with my decision to use National Floors Direct. We wanted to replace the carpet in our bedroom with hardwood floors. We called National Floors Direct and had an appointment the next day. The salesman was on time, very knowledgeable and explained the differences between prefinished and engineered hardwood floors. We decided to go with Shaw engineered hardwood floors in Chocolate. He gave us a great price and just before installation we decided to do a second room. The second salesperson matched the per square foot price of our first order. Installation of both floors went very well and the rooms look beautiful. The installers were on time did a great job and were very neat. I would definitely recommend National Floors Direct and would call them for my next project.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We had an overall great experience with National Floors Direct. The salesman Brian was very helpful in picking what made the most sense for our purpose and budget. He showed us what seemed to be a hundred great options and helped us select the right one. He was very thorough and pleasant to work with. We had a hiccup during the install (brought a different color upon install day) but Brian quickly addressed the problem and we only lost a week's time. The installation went great from there. They showed up on time and the result was fantastic - the right color, a great carpet and a great install. The room was spotless when they left. This is our 4th install using NFD and we will be calling them again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We had a great experience with National Floors Direct! The whole process was extremely simple and streamlined! Joe came to our house and spent lots of time going over colors and quality options! We were very pleased with how thorough he was! The crew that came to do the installation was extremely professional and friendly. They cleaned up all the mess they made and made sure that we were very happy with the final product! The crew even made a great accommodation because our original installation date we were getting a massive snow storm and they came out a day early which was extremely convenient for us! Will absolutely be recommending National Floors Direct to everyone I can! A truly great experience!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I found National Floors Direct very easy to work with. Another large company rescheduled three times while the saleswoman from NFD was on time, without issue. She had a large selection of carpet samples and was a huge help in ultimately making a final decision. Best part of the consult and signing of the contract was I was able to pick my own install date. This was key as I was planning the carpet replacement around having my living room repainted. We were able to come to a price, after a call to her manager, that was well within my budget. The day of the install went flawless. The two workers were quick, professional and experienced. Overall, I am very happy with the service I received. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My wife and I were looking to replace a section of flooring in our kitchen. After looking at our options, we decided to call National Floors Direct. As soon as I called, I could tell the customer service would be great. The representative I spoke with answered all of my questions, and set up an appointment for me within a week. (would have been sooner but I was not available).

When the salesman came to my house, he had everything we needed to make a choice on the flooring. He also took the time to measure other rooms we were thinking of replacing in the future. The cost of the floor was within our budget with no hidden costs. When the installers came, in the following weeks, they got right to work. They had to rip up multiple layers of flooring to install the vinyl planks we chose. They took their time, were neat, and replaced the appliances when they were done. Overall, we would recommend National Floors Direct and look forward to using them on future projects.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I would not do business with them if they were the last company on this Earth! On Feb 15, 2019 their salesman came. His name was Mark **, he lied to us saying all we needed was to move the old linoleum. We did. He said plywood was going to be installed with the vinyl, and it would cost $1,679. When they came on March 8, there was no plywood. They said our floor couldn't be done because we needed a separate contractor which would cost $1,500. They offered their contractor for that price and told me the floor had to be redone no matter what. Total cost would be $3,269. I never expected to pay that much especially since I'm renting and it's not my house. I asked to cancel, they refused. I asked for a refund, they refused. They threatened that I forfeited my $700 deposit and that they were going to report me to the credit bureau.

Be careful because they hold you to the contract. When my son asked questions the salesperson Mark, made a comment jokingly, "You sure ask a lot of questions!" I wish I would of asked every existing question about this business. Now I cannot get my $700 back, they are still holding me to their contract and practically forcing me that I have to hire them. I am seeking an attorney to hopefully get out of this. They are bad business, intimidating, forceful, and only care how they will make their money and bind you to their contract. There has to be a way out of this. I only agreed to putting down a floor, not additional cost of their contractor. Plus I look at the one-star reviews and see that they do a lousy job and claim that they are not responsible to come back and fix something.

Please do not be swindled or sweet talked by their representative, he will smile in your face but stab you in the back. I have put down a new linoleum with a different company Garcia's Floor Covering, on Wyckoff Avenue in Ridgewood Queens, and they did not require any contractors. I am now convinced that National Floors Direct is only out to take your deposit which is close to half of the price, bind you to their contract, and once that is signed, you cannot cancel or change your mind! In other words, once you come into an agreement with them, there is no way out! It's like signing a contract with the devil to have the right to your soul! Run and hide for your life from National Floors Direct!

Original review: March 20, 2019

We decided to give National Floors Direct a try for a large amount of new carpets. Their sales approach is to give you their "best" price for the day of the quote, and a higher price if you don't want to commit on the spot. The initial "same day lowest price" quoted was higher than I expected, so I told the sales woman I couldn't go forward. She called her manager who agreed to come down to the price I was looking for. The price quoted included moving of all furniture, including a pool table, which was specifically written into the agreement. After speaking to the pool table company they strongly advised that they professionally disassemble and reassemble the pool table to avoid it being damaged in the re-carpeting, which I agreed to do at my expense.

On the day of the carpet installation shortly after the installers arrived I received a call saying they would need additional money to cover the cost of moving the furniture. I declined, saying that the sales person had agreed to removing and replacing the furniture as part of the quote. They then insisted if I didn't pay the additional amount requested, the installers would leave. I said that would be fine with me. I was then transferred to a manager who attempted to berate me over the phone, again threatening to have the installers leave.

When I called his bluff, he became even angrier and said that he would not honor the warranty unless I paid the additional fees. I suggested at that point that he have his crew leave, at which time he hung up on me. I then spoke to the lead installer, who informed me that the office "does this to everybody", and they had no problem with moving the minimal furniture that needed to be moved. On a positive note, the installers did a very good job installing the new carpet, although there was some minor paint scrapes on the stairwell that will require touching up, and the bedroom and closet doors were left off because they needed to be trimmed for the new height of the carpet. I would have expected the installers to make those adjustments on our behalf. Needless to say, I won't be using this company again on any future projects on any of our properties.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have nothing but great things to say about National Floors Direct. From when I placed the first phone call, I could tell I was dealing with very professional staff. We set up an appointment for that weekend. Our salesman was very knowledge, helpful and right on time. We had been given a lower rate from a different company but NFD was able to beat that price and offer a payment plan. On the day of the installation, we received a call to let us know when to expect someone. Shortly after that, the staff showed up, nice and early. Our old rug was removed and the new rug was installed within about 5 hours. They did an excellent job. We love our new carpet. I would definitely recommend NFD and will be a customer again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We had hardwoods floors installed on Tuesday 2/12/19. We ordered 3 inch wide planks. When the installers arrived they had packages of 3, 5 and 7 inch wide planks. I called customer service and as soon as I told them my name the woman who answered the call became combative and aggressive. She wouldn't listen to one word I had to say. She told me that this was the only way this flooring came and that 3 inch wide planks were not available. I tried explaining that I had the order right in front of me and that it clearly states that we ordered 3 inch wide planks. She was horrible to me and wouldn't even acknowledge the order or that a mistake had been made.

I suggested that it was misrepresented by the service rep. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I asked to speak with him. She told me that I was acting like a child and she was glad the call was being recorded. I told her I was also glad. She told me that my sales rep would contact me within 24 hours. At that point she hung up on me. I didn't know what to do at this point. I felt bullied and stonewalled. My husband and I felt we had no choice but to go through with the installation. I didn't think I would be able to get my deposit back after the way I was treated by customer service.

The only silver lining in this nightmare were the two installers who were polite, sympathetic and apologetic. They told us this type of thing happens all the time with this company. I wish I could have just hired them. A supposed executive called my husband to apologize for the way the customer service rep spoke to me. This person was scheduled to call me at 3:00 pm that day, 2/14/19 and I still haven't heard from him. Furthermore, our sales rep never called to speak to me. National Floors Direct will not admit or even acknowledge that a mistake was make so I can only assume that it's common practice to sell products to people that do not exist. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau. Save yourself some heartache and go with another company.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Our appointment was scheduled on the morning of a snowstorm, and the workers still arrived promptly during the scheduled time window. They were professional and courteous. They allowed me to see a sample of the product before they began installation. They worked in a timely and efficient manner. They were done and cleaned up within a few hours, and we couldn't be happier!

Original review: March 16, 2019

My fiancé and I have been using National Floors Direct to carpet our multi family home over the past two years and have never been disappointed. No matter what time of year they always arrive on time and are polite and cater to our needs to make sure we get exactly what we are looking for. Even the calls we put in are dealt with professionally and time efficiently. From the reminder phone calls and follow up emails, to the salesmen and contractors, they are very professional and take the time and consideration during each process.

On install day, contractors that come to work are always on time, friendly and very accommodating to make sure the carpet is what we picked out and the job they finish is something we’re happy with. I never feel they cut corners figuratively or literally and make sure each room looks the way you want it to within a timely fashion. They even remove existing carpet/flooring and are sure to vacuum and clean up after their work which we really appreciate. I know if we ever buy a multi family again to fix up we will be using National Floors Direct for any work they can help us with.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our bedroom had carpeting on the floor and our allergist told us it should be removed because it was adding to our allergy symptoms. I was going to replace the carpet with hardwood flooring myself since I had installed hardwood flooring in the past. I saw the ad on TV for National Floors Direct, so I told my wife that I was going to call them and get a price to see what they would charge to do it. The room is about 250 square feet and it would have cost me about $1900.00 to do it myself. I made an appointment and within 2 days the salesman came to the house. He measured the room, asked us to pick the hardwood we wanted from the samples he showed us, then worked up the price.

If we waited 30 days to sign the contract the price was - $13,250. If we signed the contract in 7 days it was - $12,554. At that point I was ready to throw the guy out of my house. But if we signed right away the price was $5280.00. I told him no, no and no. I told him what I could do the floor for. He asked me to give him a price that I would pay to have them do it. I told him I don't know. He was fishing to see if I would drop their price by maybe $500.00 or $1000.00. I told him I would be removing the furniture and taking up the carpet myself. He finally said they could do it for $3000.00. From $13,215.00 down to $3000.00. I looked at my wife and then accepted their price.

They scheduled to floor to be installed in 3 weeks. I received an email 3 days before the install date asking us to make sure the room would be ready. The day before the install I was getting ready to remove the bed and furniture and pull up the carpeting when I got a phone call from their office that the wood was not going to be available for 5 weeks. They apologized and I told them to keep me informed. Eventually I received a call that the wood had come in and the install date was to be March 2nd. It snowed and they couldn't make it. They said March 4th the men would be here to install my floor. It snowed again, but they did show up. I have to say that they did an excellent job and the floor looks great. But - how could the salesman have given me ridiculous prices then drop $10000.00. Do they really get someone to sign a contract at those borderline criminal prices? Let the buyer beware and do check out what a fair price should be.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I am so happy with my decision to use National Floors Direct. We wanted to replace the carpet in our bedroom with hard wood floors. We called National Floors Direct and had an appointment for the next day. The salesman was on time, very knowledgeable and explained the difference between prefinished and engineered hard wood floors. We decided to go with Shaw engineered hard wood in chocolate. He gave us a great price and just before installation, we decided to get a price for a second room. The second salesperson matched the per square foot price of our first order. Installation of both floors went very well and the rooms look beautiful! The installers were also on time, did a great job installing the floors and were very neat. I would call National Floors Direct for my next project and would definitely recommend them.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Dear NFD, I wanted to offer some feedback regarding my recent purchase from National Floors Direct. The end to end experience was extremely positive. I called your firm after seeing your TV advertising and getting several quotes from reputable competitors. My initial call was answered immediately and a convenient appointment was set. Your salesman was on time, courteous and very knowledgeable. Within an hour, I was provided a detailed quote and and installation date that met my needs.

I even changed my order from a wall to wall carpet job to a combination carpet and Hardwood installation. The salesman came back the next day with high quality hardwood samples and adjusted my order. The pricing and quality of material was superior to the other quotes I received. The installation date was unchanged. On installation day, the two crews were on time, professional and very mindful of my property. They were professional and did a great job. I highly recommend NFD for any carpet or wood floor installation. Thanks! Bill **.

Original review: March 7, 2019

National Floors Direct. I very rarely post reviews but in this instance I feel it is necessary. My husband and I decided to buy flooring for two of our bedrooms. We looked around and saw an ad for National Floors Direct. We scheduled an in home estimate. The Sales Person, Bruce, was very helpful and informative. Since we were buying flooring for two rooms we were able to get a small discount on the price. The order was filled that day and we went over what would be included in the price. Bruce told us that they would remove furniture from the rooms as long as we removed all the drawers. They also would include ripping out the old carpet and taking it away.

We picked out the product we wanted, signed the contract, gave him a deposit and scheduled the install date for March 2nd. Turns out it snowed on March 2nd so the install was cancelled and we rescheduled for March 5th. Since March 5th was a weekday I had to take off from work (which I wasn’t paid for). On the day of the install the workers came and showed me the flooring to make sure it was what we ordered. At first they couldn’t find the flooring for the 2nd bedroom, but after a call to the warehouse they were able to locate it in the truck. They then came into the house to start work on the rooms.

After about 15 minutes my husband called and told me he got a call from the company stating that the workers called and told them that the amount of furniture in the room was excessive and if we wanted the job to go forward we would have to pay $200.00 (cash, certified check or money order) for the workers to remove the furniture. The other option was for me to remove the furniture myself or the third option was to reschedule for a future date and to have the furniture out of the room before the workers came again.

My husband spoke to Cliff at customer service and he told my husband that nothing could be done and we would have to pay the $200.00. He then asked for Cliff’s supervisor and Cliff said he couldn’t give out that information. My husband also called the Sales Rep and told him what had happened and he said the same thing. Apparently it is up to the workers to determine if the amount of furniture in the room is “excessive”.

So we decided to call a neighbor to help me remove the furniture so the job could be done and I wouldn’t have to take another day off. We will never use this company again and would advise anyone looking for a flooring company to check out other companies out there. It seems as if the Sales People and the Installers do not communicate with one another. Just be aware of the things they don’t tell you. If you decide to use this company in the future make sure they tell you everything that they are responsible for. I have a feeling that this happens a lot and people are held hostage – either pay up or the job won’t get done. This is a classic bait and switch tactic.

National Floors Direct Company Information