4.6/5 (224 ratings)

About National Floors Direct

National Floors Direct provides high-quality flooring to suit your specific needs. It offers floor options including laminate, vinyl, carpet and hardwood, as well as next-day installation and financing options.

Top National Floors Direct Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had an awesome experience with National Floors Direct from the sales person all the way through the installation team… The work was completed beautifully and professionally... I...

Verified

National Floors Direct did an amazing job. The staff is great from start to finish. The salesman helped me decide on what was best with no pressures. The installation team arrived...

What is National Floors Direct?

National Floors Direct is a direct-to-consumer flooring and carpeting company. It specializes in retailing top industry brands and offers next-day installation services. It also provides free in-home shopping consultations for potential customers and other no-charge services with each order, such as furniture moving and measuring.

How does National Floors Direct work?

You can order your flooring or carpeting from National Floors Direct’s website or over the phone. This process includes free services such as:

• Premium padding
  • Furniture moving
  • Standard stair work
  • Measuring and layout

National Floors Direct also offers free in-home shopping consultations, where a representative comes to your home with various flooring and carpeting options — this can give you a good idea of how your flooring or carpet selections will look in your home once installed.

National Floors Direct prices

Prices for National Floors Direct’s products and services vary widely based on individual needs and product choices. The company does offer several promotions, such as a $333 deal that includes name-brand carpet, next-day installation and padding for one room.

Additionally, National Floors Direct offers financing options (e.g., one year of no-interest payments) to help offset the initial cost of flooring.

National Floors Direct FAQ

Who owns National Floors Direct?
National Floors Direct was founded in 2005 by the Rosenberg family. The company is still owned and operated by the family today.
Where is National Floors Direct located?
National Floors Direct is headquartered in Avon, Massachusetts. It has several locations around the U.S.
Does National Floors Direct remove old flooring?
Yes. National Floors Direct will remove your old flooring during the installation process. It also assists with moving furniture and taking measurements.
What types of flooring does National Floors Direct offer?
National Floors Direct offers a wide variety of flooring and carpeting options, including vinyl, laminate, hardwood and commercial carpet.

Is National Floors Direct good?

If you’re looking for brand-name flooring or carpeting at an affordable price, National Floors Direct is likely to have what you need. Its customers enjoy next-day installation and financing options; however, though the company offers a wide variety of floor brands and types, it might not be the best fit if you’re looking for a specific flooring or carpeting option.

National Floors Direct Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: May 20, 2022

I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review. National Floors Direct did an amazing job from start to finish putting in new flooring in my home. From the very beginning I felt like my time as a potential customer was valued. It showed when the salesmen arrived at my house on time and took careful measurements of every room in the house. Given that my first floor has weird angles, he went above and beyond by redoing his measurements multiple times to ensure that the contractors that would install the flooring would have enough material to get the job done in one day, and sure enough, they did.

Within the following Tuesday, my entire house was transformed into what you see below. The contractor that arrived at my house was once again cordial with both time and his manners as he confirmed with me the work that was to be done. He and his crew went to work and the ending result was simply immaculate. The gentleman took his time and walked me through all the work that was done and the crew vacuumed before they left and did not leave a single scrap of trash on the floor. This is the kind of service I was hoping for and I surely got it. This was worth every penny and I have no qualms with recommending this company as I cannot recommend them enough!

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The customer representative who came out came out same day and was very knowledgeable. She assisted me in picking out exactly what I was looking for and in getting me the best deal possible. Scheduling had a few hiccups. I thought when they offered next day install at the time of purchase (but I was not ready and needed a week before scheduling) that they would only need a few days notice. When I called I was giving them up to 7 days notice, but they said it would be at least 2 weeks.

I was frustrated because I needed to have it done by a certain time to put my house on the market. They worked with me to pick a very similar carpet that was the same price that they had in stock and get me scheduled in the right timeframe and for that I was very thankful. Installation was quick and painless. They arrived 2 minutes before 9am and were out by a little after noon. The carpet was great quality and we were very happy with the process overall. *NFD has compensated me for an Honest Review.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I need to take the time to provide this compliment for National Floors Direct. My wife and I just had National Floors Direct install new flooring on our second floor of our home. From beginning to end it was a definite positive experience. Mike the salesman showed up at our home and provided us sufficient information regarding all the different types of flooring and what our options are and how much the cost would be. After deciding on our flooring and the cost with Mike we set up an installation. We were having three bedrooms and a hallway along with a stairway carpet put down in our home.

On the date the installation was arranged, the installers showed up in the morning and worked extremely hard all day and expert workmanship. Due to the large volume of the floor installation they had to return the following day to complete the job. They showed up the next morning and completed the job by early afternoon. Floors came out beautiful and the workmanship and the pleasant demeanor of the installer was absolutely exceptional. I would definitely recommend National floors direct for any and all of your home flooring needs. Excellent job and good company.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I had a really positive experience with National Floors Direct from beginning to end. The gentleman who came in with samples was wonderful in explaining the pros and cons of each carpet style, and the amount of selection was in the Goldilocks zone. I had options, but didn't feel overwhelmed. I feel like I got exactly what I wanted- including that it's an American made product from recycled materials!

As for the installation, I just want to say that those guys work hard. They came ten minutes before the scheduled window, confirmed that they came with the product we'd ordered and then they were like a tornado tearing up our old flooring. So fast, left us with no mess, and I can not find a seam in the carpeting even though they did our living room, up the stairs, going into two bedrooms, all same carpet. It looks beautiful, feels cushy, and I'm just so pleased and amazed that it was all done so fast (and affordably). I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review. My order was number **. (I see the opportunity to do so as yet another bonus in dealing with National Floors Direct.)

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

My experience with National Floors Direct was a very pleasurable experience to say the least. The sales representative showed up on time, and he was very courteous. He was very professional in that he explained the different types of carpets plus he was not overzealous about pressuring me to buy the most expensive rug. Actually, he had a sample of each type of carpet that I could physically examine, and this was very helpful in making my decision. At the end of his presentation, I gave him a deposit, and he asked me when I would like the carpet installed. I told him, and he said the company would give me a call, and inform me when the installers would be there. This all happened exactly as he said.

The installers showed up on the appropriate day. They were very nice, efficient, and they installed my carpet within a few hours. I was immensely satisfied with the look of my new carpet. Although I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review, it in no way affected my review of my experience with National Floors Direct. Sharon **

Original review: May 26, 2022

I am more than pleased with the transformation of my new floor! From the start, the team was professional, polite, and great at communication. I will without hesitation recommend National Floors Direct in the future to all friends and family. I am so happy with the results, the employees, and the price! Thank you National Floors Direct!!

Original review: May 23, 2022

The person that came to our house was professional, patient and helpful. He took his time and got us the best price. We scheduled the installation for 2 days later. They came on time and were very nice. They did a good job and were very careful moving the furniture and cleaned up after themselves when they were done. We are very happy with everything and will use National Floors Direct again for a couple of other rooms. I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review

Original review: May 23, 2022

I would highly recommend using this establishment! Frank **, the representative who came by for the consultation was extremely nice, knowledgeable, and didn’t pressure us on what kind of carpet to get at all, which was refreshing. He gave us all the options and made sure we were able to do a quick install, which was done about 3 days later. The workers were efficient, quick, quiet, and cleaned up after themselves. They also had us check their work before they left to ensure our happiness.

Original review: May 19, 2022

We had two projects completed by National Floors Direct, each including removing old flooring before installing new luxury vinyl in the kitchen, dining room, living room and hallway, as well as carpet in three bedrooms. Our Sales Rep was very knowledgeable and presented us with multiple options and many samples to choose what was best for our needs. There was no high pressure at all. He provided immediate quotes. We scheduled a day for each project. NFD provided great instruction and arrival times for each project. Each installation crew arrived on time, got right to work and completed the job very timely and efficiently. Installers were very professional and courteous and did a beautiful job. We are very pleased with the entire experience, the quality of the flooring and last but not least, the cost was very reasonable.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Overall I'd say 7/10.

1. The installation crew was pleasant and courteous. They worked well and quickly. Had to do a bit of vacuuming afterwards. 9/10

2. My first appointment for an estimate was rescheduled by the company due to a scheduling issue they had on their end. This wasn't too much of an inconvenience for me but busy people have a hard time just finding the time for an appointment. Furthermore, I received an email the night before asking to have the room ready by 7am. No problem. However I didn't receive an email stating timeframe window of 3pm to 6pm until mid morning the day of installation. I suppose scheduling and communication could have been handled better. 1/10

3. Aside issues listed in item 2, everyone I spoke with was very helpful and courteous. Great customer service. 10/10

4. The gentleman, Pierre, who came for the estimate was great. A very happy fellow, a great speaker, and an excellent closer! He will work for you on getting a good price. 10/10

5. I wish the grain was going the short width rather than running the long length of the room. Makes it feel smaller. Not sure if that was something I should have asked about or if it should have been brought up by a representative beforehand. Oh well. I reckon it can't be changed now. The carpet, however, is worth what I paid. If you have neuropathic pain in your feet, don't get this one. It's rather rough but still cushy to walk on because of the pad underneath. Can SERIOUSLY be used as SANDPAPER In a pinch. The little sample squares they bring for the estimate don't give an accurate feel of the carpet. I suppose I should have gone to a warehouse and "felt" different types. 2/10

National Floors Direct Company Information