Call toll free
4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

475 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had rep come to have hardwood put on stairs and hallway. He seemed nice and Knowledgeable on product. He suggested floating floor in hall and nail down on stairs. I picked a floor and was scheduled for install on a Saturday. Got a call saying not coming rescheduled for Monday. Installer came with 2 different color floors. Told him I would not put different colors of wood. One was red tones other the brown I ordered. Called customer Service and original sales person. Was told I ordered two different colors which was the first lie. The sales person said regardless of what my decision was I was going to have to pay for the floor anyway. Customer service department were the most rude condescending people to deal with.

Was finally told after 3 days Sales person would come out for me to pick a new floor. Sales person was a no-show. Two days later a new person came in the interim. I had a had other quotes from other companies and I showed them to the new salesperson. We could not come to terms on the cost. National Floors Direct was $900 more than the other quotes so I called back customer service again. Customer service said I have three options. I could have the original floor of two different colors installed. I could pay them the extra $900 or I can cancel everything and they keep my $1400 deposit. This was not an option. Thru days of discussion with the company we agreed upon flooring and cost. I was sent email confirmation for me to agree upon which I did.

Hour and a half later I received another phone call from customer service saying no they’re not going to do this even though we have entered into a contract that they are going to charge me an additional thousand dollars to have the floors put it over and above the original quote. I have since contacted the Better Business Bureau as well as my attorney. Don’t ever do business with this company. It is nothing but a bait and switch. You order things and they bring you a different product or tell you they’re just gonna charge you more and more money after you have a signed contract.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Made an appointment and decided to cancel due to company having terrible reviews. Customer service didn't want to take no for an answer. Now, frank the installer, calls me asking me why, so when I told him he kept badgering me about the competitor telling me to look at their bad reviews, after I told him I researched on my own. When I tried to respectfully end the call he kept yelling, so I had to hang up. Glad I canceled the free in home quote! If you can speak to someone over the phone with a pretentious attitude, imagine how they treat you in person. Won't get future business with me!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Upon arrival the workers backed over newly seeded lawn with their van. Left 3 foot tire marks. When I pointed it out to the van driver he said, ok. I said it's not ok. He apparently spoke no English. They started to work on living room. The bedroom was the room they were hired to do. The workers scraped multiple wall areas and put a hole through the wall. When I pointed this out they said, call the office. My husband got a call at work from our condo association stating the workers were trying to dump our removed carpet into the condos dumpster illegally. When I confronted them about that, they denied it. They left a small ink stain on our wall 2 by 3 inches, not a big deal but our walls are white and it ran when we tried to remove it. Another mess.

We called customer service several times. They bumped our concerns up to another person who called 3 days later stating the contract says we are not responsible for marks on the walls, the lawn or the hole in the wall. I asked for his supervisor and requested his supervisor's email information. He said he could not share that information. I looked up the President's name, CEO and COO names but they have no contact information. The Avon location is a warehouse, no one is located there. The customer service person said write to welisten@nationalfloors. My email was returned undeliverable. I asked to have our salesperson call me. 4 days later and still no response. Very unprofessional, careless, installers.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

After 35 years I decided to replace my worn carpet with hardwood floors in my dining room, hallway and stairway. I had seen NFD commercials on TV and decided to give them a call. I requested an appointment online and received a callback within an hour. I set up a time for someone to come to my home to discuss the project. A couple of days later a gentleman came to my home. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the product. He took measurements and gave us a price on the spot. The price was below what I had estimated for the project and even though I had intended to get some other estimates, I decided to just go ahead with NFD. One week later the installers came and the project was complete within 2 days. They did a wonderful job and cleaned the area and moved furniture back for me before they left. I really love my new floor!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

This flooring company scams you. I paid in full before work was done (their policy). They ripped up my entire rug and then told me I need concrete to even floor out. They wanted an additional 2400.00. Which is outrageous, they would not work anything out with me. I was told this is it or nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

From the beginning my experience with National Floors was a positive one. The appointment was very easy to make and the agent was very helpful in getting a date and time that worked. The salesperson, Cliff **, arrived on time and was very knowledgeable about the LVP I was interested in. He was very helpful in picking out the right color for my kitchen. An acceptable cost was reached and the appointment was set up for installation in the near future. National Floors called several times to make sure the installation was on track. The installers arrived on time and immediately began to put in my new floor. The installation was done in record time. Each of the installers were very professional and helpful during this job. The finished floor exceeded my expectations and I would recommend National Floors to my friends and family. Thanks for a job well done.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Our experience having our floors installed with National Floors was excellent. Malcolm was prompt and pleasant during the home visit and estimate, even our dog liked him. The installation itself was easily scheduled, at a convenient time for us. The installers were prompt and efficient. They not only tore out the old floor, but took all the garbage with them and other than some wood dust the place was perfect. The floor itself is amazing. After looking at a gross old carpet for a year, having beautiful hardwood is like living in a new house. I even started doing yoga in the mornings because it's so nice to be on. The only negative aspect was that there were about half a dozen smalls chips in the wall paint from where tools were used to install the final pieces. These can be repaired, but maybe should be avoided in the future.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Gail and I decided to have a replacement carpet installed in our bedroom, I started at the big box stores but found that one wanted us to pay for an estimate, and the other did not have qualified staff to work with. I turned to the internet and found National Floors Direct (NFD). I contacted NFD online and requested an estimate. NFD responded the next day, and we agreed to a time for an estimate.

The person arrived on time, with carpet samples, took measurements, and provided different estimates based on carpet quality. This person was well qualified, knew her product, thus we entered into a contract. We contacted NFD later in the week once we decided on a date for the install, and they agreed to our date. The installers arrived on time, and were very good at their job, the install went smoothly and they were done in three hours. They moved the bed, cleaned up after themselves, even vacuumed the new carpet, and repacked the removed furniture. This purchase was a pleasure, and I recommend National Floors Direct to everyone that wants a easy and professional to do a carpet installation.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

National Floors Direct was by far the most professional group to work with. The installers were polite and professional and went above and beyond in their work. The salesman was honest and polite. Can’t wait to get more floors done!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

They agreed that the furniture move is included in the contract while signing. But once they came in for installation they started demanding extra money. However after a while we agreed to pay the amount but we did not have cash and we mentioned that we would pay it by the time they finish the installation. But the customer care kept us calling every 10 mins demanding the money. They threatened us to pay the money by 30 mins or they will stop the work. It was the worst customer contact we ever had, we paid the entire installation amount and they threatened to stop the work for 100$. The website also mentions a free furniture move. Do not trust the company. I have never seen any customer care yelling at customers.

National Floors Direct response

Hi there, can you provide us with your order number so we can help assist with your issues?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We have been working with National Floors Direct since 2010 when we bought our first home. Eight years and five different flooring projects later, we have never been disappointed with the product (both carpet and hardwood) or installation. We've had the pleasure of working with Pierre for (almost) all of these projects and I have to say the experience would not be the same without him. He is someone who we enjoy working with and completely trust when making a major decision for our home. Another thing about National Floors Direct that we really like is the quality of installation. We've had different installers for every project and every single one of them has been exceptional. These installers take pride in their work and it shows.

We have recommended National Floors Direct to many friends and shared our experience in local Facebook groups when the topic of flooring comes up. The installation process is usually the first thing we mention when someone comes into our home and compliments our floors. We genuinely love National Floors Direct from the (salesman) Pierre to the completed project.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I will be using Floors Direct to finish my whole house in the near future. The floors came out absolutely amazing. They were exactly as I wanted them. The installers did a great job leveling the floor before laying the wood. I’ve had quest come over and ask who did them. I highly recommend floors direct. They are super easy to keep clean and I’m very happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

From the first call to the main office, to the follow up to be sure the job was done well, I had a great experience with National Floors Direct. They scheduled my appointment for the day after I called. The sales representative, Alexander, was bright, enthusiastic, very knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. He understood what I was looking for and made recommendations to address my concerns. In addition, he went a step further to bring the cost in line with my expectations. I was also impressed by the installers. They arrived two days later at the time they had projected. They moved the furniture that I couldn’t and handled everything

carefully. They worked hard and quickly and cleaned up after so it was a pleasure to have my new carpet without having to do any heavy lifting. The quality, price and service from NFD were all outstanding. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We recently finished our basement. We were looking for someone to install a rug in our basement. We called National Floors Direct and set up an appointment very quickly. They had lots of options for us to choose from. We had our basement rug installed within two weeks and installation was quick and efficient. The rug is high-quality. We are happy we went with National Floors Direct. The rug is high-quality and functional. Thank you National Floors Direct.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We had the best experience with National Floors Direct! We would recommend them with flying colors! Our floors came out absolutely beautiful and we are soooo happy! From A to Z, National Floors Direct was awesome to work with! The floors were installed in one day... The installers were very professional... We absolutely LOVE our floors and highly recommend National Floors Direct!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My experience with National Floors Direct was excellent. Pierre who came to do the measuring and show me samples was very polite and knowledgeable. The guys who came to install where on time and very professional. The price was also very reasonable. The quality of the carpet is very good. Overall my experience was great. I would highly recommend National Floors Direct. Both for their professionalism and politeness.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We had a great experience with National Floors Direct! Appointment setup was very easy through the website. The salesperson came out to our house quickly and right on schedule. Many great options for carpet in all types of spaces. We appreciated the knowledge and info that the salesperson brought to the discussion. Install went great - crew came on time, worked fast and did a great job. The new carpet transformed a space that we haven't used for 12 years, and have now been in that room constantly since then. Thank you very much, we found it very easy to work with your company.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered carpet for my home. Everything's going well. Then I had an emergency in my family and had to reschedule. That's a no no with this company. I was afraid I would have to cancel because I couldn't afford the extra cancellation fees. But the lady in customer service was very kind and helpful to me! She waived the fees and allowed me to reschedule my appointment. Everything was smooth sailing from there on. The installers came a little early for our appointment which was great. They were very professional and hard working. These guys should be given medals for the hard work they do. The only downside is they did not have a vacuum to take up the loose carpet after install. But I would HIGHLY recommend this company to family and friends.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Do not use them! They are very polite right up until after your flooring is installed and when you call to have it corrected, they try to talk over and belittle you. Samantha is horrible. I wish I read the reviews prior. And they only accept cash or cashier's check. That should have been a red flag. How is this company still in business!?

National Floors Direct response

Hi Holly, can you provide us with your order number and elaborate on the issue you experienced? We'd love the opportunity to make it right.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was exceptional from start to finish. We were in a tight schedule for installation, having just moved into a new home, furniture to be delivered within a matter of days. Our Sales Representative (Freddy), came to our home within 48 hours, was able to find us the type of Berber and padding we were looking for, in the color family we wanted, at a highly competitive price for a large family room which fit our install schedule requirements. He was on time for his appointment, very friendly, courteous and professional throughout the process.

NFD called to confirm our particulars two days prior to install. The carpet installers were also on time for their install, courteous and very professional as well, vacuuming and cleaning thoroughly prior to and after their installation. They finished the install in just a couple of hours. I would highly recommend National Floors Direct to anyone. Their service was terrific, they’re highly competitive with their pricing and we’re very happy with the carpet we selected.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

It was a pleasure to have had National Floors Direct install my wood laminate floor. From the initial visit with the salesperson, we were treated in a very professional manner. We were not pressured to buy from this company, but were shown the advantages in purchasing from National Floors. All our questions were answered and we were confident that we were getting a good price.

The office called us to let us know when to expect the installers, who came within the specified time. The installers were extremely skilled, polite and very accommodating. They moved all the furniture as promised, and most importantly, to me, they were very clean and did an excellent job of installing the floor and cleaning up any debris.

I have had many contractors come to my home to install items, and have had many problems with most of them. National Floors Direct is one of the few companies that I can honestly say, was 100%, professional, competent and completed the job without any problems whatsoever. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was a positive one. The service/installation of carpet was done the same week we signed. Also, we were shown samples and was given pricing on the spot. I like that we were not pressured into buying. The day of install went great. Not only that the installers worked fast. They were also polite and professional. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

National Flooring Direct is one of the most helpful carpet companies I have dealt with. This company was in and out of my house within 30 minutes, very fast. Everyone I talked to about my carpet installation was very friendly. This company was able to rip up my old carpet. I like how his company was cash only. I was able to call and have someone come to my house the next day. The whole process took about one week. This company had my carpet available. I will recommend this company to friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was fantastic! Brian ** was so friendly and knowledgeable about your company and products. He was quick, came with all the samples to show us, and helped choose the best selection for our basement. He talked with my 4 year old and made a great connection with us. Everything was easy from all the questions we had being answered to communicating with Brian about our needs. The call center was friendly and answered our questions as well! The delivery men were fast and friendly and the installation was a breeze! We will use National Floors Direct again in the future and will recommend as well. Thanks for a great experience and beautiful carpet!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The salesman who came out to do the initial consultation was very understanding of what exactly we were looking for in our 3 bedrooms. Scheduling with him was very easy at the time of consultation as we were able to pick our own date of install. When the crew arrived to install the carpet they were two hours early and they did an amazing job. They vacuumed and cleaned up all their scraps when they were done and made sure that I was completely satisfied with the service before they left. I will be using National Floors Direct again and would recommend them to family and friends.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had a great experience overall with National Floors Direct. Getting a quote was hassle free and quick. I was able to schedule my carpet installation after the Representative took measurements of the room and went over products and options with me. They were also able to price match me at an affordable rate. On the day of the installation, they came in and got the job done efficiently. The results were great and I am very pleased with my new carpet. I would recommend and use National Floors Direct for any upcoming projects. My entire experience was professional, fast and easy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My experience was very positive. The salesperson came on time and was helpful. Installation day the guys came on time and were very polite. They did a wonderful job and the process was very quick. They left things in good shape when done. The only thing I'd ask is that the crew have a t-shirt or badge from the company to verify they are your guys. They did have the paperwork with them, so I knew, but it would have been nice to have them be able to be identified by sight. All in all, I would definitely use you again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The team from National Floors Direct were wonderful! I am very happy with the cost, schedule, and installation process. The shipment of my flooring was delayed, but National Floors Direct worked with me to correct the delay as fast as possible! The team walked me through the process for the day, double checked on everything before beginning the installation, and cleaned up after. Super polite, and very conscious of other workers in the property at the same time. The floors were a very close match to the hardwood floors that were already in place. From my initial walkthrough through installation, I felt taken care of. Thank you to National Floors Direct for helping make my home a little more "mine"!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Tom from National Floors Direct came out to my new house to give my wife and I an estimate. He was very personable and had a great deal of knowledge. The company gave us a fair estimate, and also explained that they price match! We picked a carpet, and 10 days later it was installed and looks great! We had the same carpet installed in 3 bedrooms, a hallway, and staircase - it was done in about 5 hours or so. I would definitely recommend!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Very professional, great worker. I'm satisfied with their work. I will use them again. They gave us the best price, we are glad we decided to go with them. We save over 5000$ using National Floors Direct. We are satisfied and we didn’t regret using them.

National Floors Direct Company Information