Call toll free
4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

526 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I called National Floors Direct along with 2 other flooring companies to get a carpet replaced in a bedroom. Their call in center quickly got me an in home estimate for the next day. They have excellent staffing in their call in center as I had to call back to change the time of the visit and they were very helpful and pleasant. The sales/estimator arrived right on time. He did his measurements and then started showing me samples that would be good for what I wanted. We agreed on a price and set up a day for the installation. I had already had one place come in and give me a price. National Floors Direct beat that price and with a higher vauled carpet, so I called the 3rd place and cancelled the estimate with them.

The day of the install came and they called me with a time window when they would be there as promised. The installers called me when they were on their way too. They arrived and started the job. They finished within the hour and I was surprised they were done so fast. I inspected the work and everything was done perfectly. I would definitely recommend National Floors Direct for your flooring needs and would use them again in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We were in need to replace carpet in our office after our puppy destroyed our old one. I was torn between going hardwood or upgrading the carpet. The saleswoman who visited our home was very patient with my husband and me. We went through our options/needs and eventually settled on upgrading the carpet in both our office and family room. We chose both rooms because the carpets were matching and are the only carpeted rooms in the house. We also felt the price was reasonable enough to do both rooms at the same time. We made our selection and placed our order right before Thanksgiving. Our install was scheduled for the Tuesday after. We were more than happy with the finished product. Both rooms look like they had complete makeovers - larger and brighter. We would definitely recommend National Floors Direct!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Thank you National Floors Direct! You made every part of this project easy. The saleswomen was very knowledgeable. There were rugs offered for every budget and the rug we picked although not the most expensive is of great quality. The saleswomen helped us pick the right rug for our room. National Floors Direct called to confirm our appointment, gave me a time frame for installation and let me know the balance owed. They are very thorough, no surprises. The installation team was here on time. They let me know everything they were doing. They did a beautiful job and cleaned up before they left. My experience with National Floors Direct was great. Definitely will call again when needed for other rooms.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

After careful research of several floor installation companies, I decided to call National Floors Direct. I was impressed by the friendly & helpful customer service I received and the professionalism of the installers. The installers arrived at my home on time and carefully moved the furniture from room to room, installed each floor and returned the furniture to each room. I was impressed at their ability to finish all 3 rooms in just one day. I highly recommend National Floors Direct! You won't be disappointed!! You truly get what you pay for.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Very satisfied with our experience with National Floors Direct. Our sales rep was a pleasure to work with and worked hard to satisfy our requests. Communications from the company leading up to the installation was very good and the two gentlemen who performed the work were prompt and professional. End to end, a very good job!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was outstanding! Everything from the pre-sales calls, to the sales visit in home, to the installation was exceptional. Our calls were returned very promptly, and everyone was on time. The sales visit was not a high pressure situation, and the associate helped us to find a solution that fit our budget. She was very flexible on the scheduling, and it was very nice that once she left our home everything was set up and scheduled. The install was quick and very well done, and they were done earlier than expected! It was fantastic to be able to enjoy our new room right away, and not be waiting around all day for people to show up. Overall the process was made very easy for me and my family, and I would definitely recommend our experience to our family and friends.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My experience with National Floors Direct was positive from the start. We got a free quote from a gentleman by the name of Kevin who has extremely polite and helpful. He sold us a carpet. On the next day, we had already scheduled to get an estimate from Empire. When the man from Empire arrived, he was rude and had an aggressive sales technique. The only thing that we got out of meeting him was realizing that we wanted to upgrade our purchase to a higher price point carpet that was better quality. I called your company back that day to ask if that was possible and they had Kevin back on our doorstep within hours. It was fantastic. When we had our carpet installed they were on time and friendly and we had no complaints about the way that the job was done. I feel good about my purchase and when we have it in our budget to do the other bedrooms I will request Kevin come see us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

National Floors Direct was great! They were extremely easy to work with from setting up an appointment to the completed installation. I requested an appointment online and within a few minutes a representative called me to set up an appointment that fit my schedule. The sales rep arrived to my house as scheduled and was very professional. He had a good variety of carpets to choose from and was willing to work with me on selection and price. The installer arrived as scheduled and reviewed the plan with me prior to starting to ensure he didn't miss any detail. He worked all day and checked in with me a few times to show progress. The finished product came out exactly as I wanted, couldn't be happier with the end result. I highly recommend NFD, and would definitely use them again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I would like to thanks the National Floor Direct staff for a outstanding customers services. I am impressed with the rugs technicians they were in time, very helpful, and polite. The knowledge, the preparation, and work organization is impressive. Everything was done in 4 hours. Beautiful job, and no mess left behind. I will recommend this company 100%.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I cannot say enough about the two gentlemen that worked on my floor. They went above and beyond to make us happy. They never once took a break or asked for even a glass of water. When they saw a problem arise they immediately approached me and we resolved it. Each room they did and there were 4 was cleaned from top to bottom when they left. They worked from our front porch in the rain and never complained. My edges entering into each room are fabulous. It just flows! Their names are Web and John and the most respectful guys I have ever had work in my home. I will definitely refer and have already referred your company. Thank you again for such a great experience and product!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Regarding my recent National Floors Direct flooring project experience I have nothing but positive feedback. From making my initial appointment I got a feeling that this experience was going to be great. Making my appointment was convenient and easy. Not an easy task with my hectic schedule. The sales person that came to my house was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I was not expecting to make a purchase that day, but feeling so confident that the product and service would be top notch and not to mention your prices are great, I couldn't resist. Scheduling my installation was also easy - even with my hectic schedule. Installation was quick, clean, professional and top notch. I am very happy with my purchase and will be referring your company to family and friends. Thank you for making this not always pleasant experience one that was painless, enjoyable and hassle free.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I just wanted to say thank you for the great service that I have received from your company. From the kind salesmen who entered my house and provided excellent customer service, to the professionals who installed the carpet. They did such a good job, and the style of carpet is just what I was looking for. You have made my family and I trust your company. I am very pleased with the quality, and look of the rug, it has turned the room around. This company has great prices, quality and excellent customer service. I had no problems during this process. We will use you for further recommendations. Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I recently purchased a new home and have been wanting new carpets since I moved in. The previous owner had cats, need I say more. I checked out National Floors Direct and one of their competitors and found both companies were eager to come and give me written estimate. After working with Tanya ** from National Floors Direct I called and canceled my order with the other company. (They pressured me for a deposit.) I was impressed how she took her time to carefully measure everything and only showed me the samples I was interested in without trying to upsell me. I went with the upgraded padding, my choice. The installation was great. They called to let me know they were on the way and got the whole job done in one day with just two installers. I am very happy with the results and would recommend Tanya and National Floors Direct to anyone. Best of all the price was less than the other store.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just had my floors done by NFD. I would use them in a heartbeat. Very helpful salesman, and the installers were very clean and friendly. If you're looking to have your flooring done in your home, look no further than NFD.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Working with the team from National Floors Direct is as streamlined and as simple a process as one could possibly hope for. Redoing a number of bedrooms in our new home, we already had a lot going on and were somewhat dreading the thought of picking out flooring, choosing an installer, and all the work that comes with it. However, NFD couldn't have made the process easier. From flexible in-home consultation times, a very helpful rep with lots of swatches and a detail-oriented installer, the process was a breeze. We had our new flooring installed within a week of ordering and just in time for our first house guests. I'd recommend NFD to anyone looking for new flooring.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was extremely satisfied with National Floors Direct. Called for an appt. and the women on the phone was extremely pleasant. They were able to get me an appt for the next day and catered to my work schedule. They man that came to my house was friendly and professional. He was able to beat all previous pricing I had received. The day of installation they showed up right on time. The installation was done quickly and they cleaned up after, no mess at all! I will definitely be using them for any future flooring I might need!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I made a free quote house visit to put wood flooring in my kitchen. A man name Joe came in, took measurements and show me the samples. I chose one and he did me a quote. Once he told me price I said it was out of my budget, he wanted to know what was my budget. I told him and he gave me another quote. Once I told him I needed to talk it with my husband he started getting pushy and kind of upset and once I kept repeating I needed more time to think about it he got very upset in a way that it scare me. I had to text my son to come over and he did come and ask him to leave politely. He just kept saying, "But why you don’t want to buy it? But why?" And once my son repeated to leave he said loudly, "What a waste of time!" I will never ask any sale person come into my home again from this company or buy anything from them. I am still nervous about this situation!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We were having carpets installed in our new house. We are still living in our current house. I want to make it clear that the installer that did the work was very professional and he did a great job. My bad experience was scheduling and dealing with the customer service department. It took three appointments before the installer actually showed up. On the second appointment, the installers went to our current house instead of the new house. The customer service supervisor said they showed up but we weren't there and that the rooms were full of stuff. I couldn't understand.

She said they went inside and took pictures to prove they were there and there was stuff in all the rooms/closets. She called me a liar and that we weren't at the house. She finally realized that the installers went to our current house and not the new one. You would think she would have apologized for calling me a liar but no. As soon as I started telling her the problem, she immediately jumped down my throat and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. I definitely felt like she has a lot of experience dealing with very unhappy customers. Customer service will lie to you and tell you what you want to hear.

If you give them any negativity, they attack you. I'm sorry to say that I will NEVER use this company again. It's too bad because we used them twice before and we had good luck. And I don't understand how they can hold you hostage for hours waiting for installers to show up. I'm talking 6-7 hours. Why can't we contact the installers directly? And why would I want workers to come to my house at 8:00 at night or even later to work when they are most likely exhausted?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Carpet Installation - I couldn’t be happier with my experience working with National Floors Direct. For starters, the sales office was courteous and always reminded me of our appointment days and time. The salesman we worked with was personable, patient, and thorough in meeting my expectations while still showing me a number of options that wasn’t overwhelming. The installer always called ahead of time with an estimated time of arrival and promptly arrived on schedule. Although the installation did require some furniture moved, they did it for me at no charge. Believe it or not, installation was completed in just one day! I’m very happy with the final product, and I’d quickly recommend this service to friends and family. Thank you, National Floors Direct!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

This was our second time using National Floors Direct and once again we are thrilled with our new floors! From start to finish our experience was 5 star. Initially, we were thinking laminate flooring. Our Rep. Brian pointed out that laminate would not be the best choice as the area we were flooring is sub terrain. He "wowed" us with the vinyl plank options and we couldn't be happier with what we selected. We also carpeted the stairs to match the upstairs. We love how those turned out so well. The installation crews were timely and polite. We are so excited about the transformation to our home! Thank you again, Brian and National Floors Direct, we couldn't be happier!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My experience with your company was very professional. My workers Sam and Jose were very good and hard workers. They explained everything to me and moved my furniture out and in the rooms with no problems. I was very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We love our new Armstrong floor installed by National Floors Direct! It's beautiful & easy to maintain. The service was awesome. They arrived on time and got the job done quickly. I would highly recommend National Floors to anyone looking for the highest quality in flooring and service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Very happy with National Floors Direct. Very professional and friendly sales rep. Great price and excellent results. They came out early than expected and the rooms came out amazing. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking to get their floors done.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The sales representative was able to give a great deal on the perfect carpet for our home. The installers were on time and very professional. They worked hard to install the carpet perfectly. We got the carpet installed the next day, so our family was able to enjoy it right away. It’s an extremely durable carpet and we’re looking forward to enjoying throughout the years to come. Overall great experiences and highly recommended!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Was debating on whether to do the work myself considering the inexpensive cost of flooring nowadays and the ease of DIY projects. I have used National Floors Direct for 2 projects in the past, so I figured I would do my Due Diligence and at least get a price from them on doing my bedroom floor. The Rep was excellent (which I expected from previous interactions) and at the end of the day, with needing a carpet taken up, price including transitional pieces & molding and the fact that they could get it done in 1 days time, 2 days from placing the order, I went with NFD. I was not disappointed. The 2 installers were excellent and professional and I will not hesitate to contact NFD for my next project.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

When my husband and I were looking to redo our family room, we did a search and National Floors Direct came up with the best reviews. They offer amazing deals for great quality products. The representative who came to us was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. He went to great lengths to help us decide which carpet was the best for our family. Everything was so fast and easy and most of all affordable. The day of installation the installers were prompt and courteous. They did an amazing job and my carpet looks great! I am so happy I went with national floors direct. Between their customer service representatives who assisted with my questions and the representative who came to measure I am very happy with my carpet. The carpet we chose is great quality and it fit in our budget. I will definitely be referring national floors direct to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I had originally attempted to do wood floors on my own. Due to the age of the house it would have taken a ton of work. I went on National Floors Direct's site and filled out the information to have a sales rep come out with a quote. As soon as I did the quote and before I could even call my father to let him know what I decided a very friendly phone rep from NFD called me to set up an appointment. This was on a Saturday night and two days later I had the sales rep at my house with samples and hooked me up with a carpet I could afford. They installed it that Friday quickly and effectively leaving me with a beautiful carpet that I like even more than the wood floors I originally was going to install! I’d recommend NFD to anyone and will be calling them back for my other rooms in the spring!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I wish I had reviewed the feedback from prior customers prior to purchasing carpet from this company. The Customer Service Team is absolutely horrible. They are rude, dismissive and do not stand by their product. When/if you call to raise an issue, unfortunately you receive provide a scripted response that offers no value and provide no customer service. If you attempt to cancel or reschedule an order, due to lack of satisfaction in a product or service, you are charge for it. They tack on fees to all requests. I originally came to National Floors Direct because I heard it was a 'family-owned' company and I thought their engagement with customers would be positive because of it. I was very sadly mistaken. I will never use this company again and I would encourage others to do their research because contracting with them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I am super satisfied with National Floors Direct. For starters, the person they sent over to my house for measuring and quoting was excellent. Was very friendly and professional. The price was on point. Was lower than any other place that quoted me, plus they offered to lower it even more even if I found a lower price elsewhere (which I couldn't). They were very quick to send someone over to my house, and the guys they sent were GREAT. They were super friendly and professional. I swear they were in and out in less than 1 hour. I wish you guys accepted credit cards, but awesome company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

National Floors Direct was outstanding to work with! I made an appointment as easy as 1-2-3 online and they came three days later. The man was friendly, great with my kids and very professional. I felt like I received a great price. Installation day was just as painless. The men were polite and worked fast. They left zero messes and left. I would recommend NFD to anyone looking to install flooring. I'll definitely be using them in the future!

National Floors Direct Company Information