2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5

National Floors Direct provides high-quality flooring to suit your specific needs. It offers floor options including laminate, vinyl, carpet and hardwood, as well as next-day installation and financing options.

National Floors Direct Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Our experience with National Floors Direct was extremely positive. The Sales specialist we worked with was very knowledgeable and helped secure us a great deal on our flooring install. We installed ~1900 sq feet of luxury vinyl plank (redoing our entire first floor) and thought for sure that the install would take several days to complete. Our installers arrived when they said they would (on the day of install, within the window we were given) and went right to work on install. Much to our surprise, they ended up completing the entire install within one day (they worked ‪from 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM‬ after asking if it was okay to work past 5:00 PM). Our installers also went above and beyond to ensure a quality installation, moving our major appliances and toilet and cutting in under door frames/moldings in order to put flooring down underneath for a clean, polished look.

We had removed our first floor baseboards prior to the install (as that wasn’t included in our purchase order) and avoided having to have the team install quarter-round necessary space to cover the space that is required to be left for expansion. The simple act of removing and replacing our baseboards gave us the extra polished, upscale look that we were driving towards. I can’t say enough good things about our team of installers. They were really fantastic.

After reading some negative reviews, I have to admit that we were a bit concerned about how our install would turn out but we went ahead with the installation, read the terms of our contract (complying with our obligations as the purchaser), and did whatever we could to ensure a smooth install. I’m so glad that I wasn’t scared off by the negative reviews because our floors came out great, we got a fantastic price, and it was all done in one day. We will absolutely use National Floors Direct again when we end up replacing our second floor carpeting. Huge thank you to our installers (if they are reading this)! I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review, though given the money we spent, if we weren’t absolutely thrilled with how our floors came out, no gift card could persuade me to post a positive review.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I would definitely recommend National Floors direct. A section of the carpet in my living room got wrecked when my A/C was leaking during a heatwave and I was unaware. I didn't think I could really afford new flooring rather than getting new carpet, but I decided to get 3 different estimates for laminate hardwood anyway b/c I never wanted carpet to begin with when I bought my townhouse. I got estimates from a contractor, NFD, and Empire Today which their 'final' estimates to me were within $27 of each other (neither company knew what the other had quoted). I said no thanks to all 3 b/c the price was too high...

Fast forward to 24 hours later when NFD e-mailed me a revised quote offering to rip out my old carpet, for the laminate hardwood itself I'd picked out, and installation for 60% less than the quote they'd given me the day before!! I jumped on this deal and I'm so glad I did! The installers came on the day they were supposed to and worked their butts off doing a great job installing my beautiful new floor. NFD will be the 1st company I call when I'm able to afford to do the rest of the floors in my home at some point in the future! I should also mention that my parents had NFD do the hardwood flooring in their entire home 3 years ago and were very happy with them as well. (Please excuse how ugly the unmatching furniture is in my living room in these photos. It will be replaced to match my new floors and rugs!)

Original review: July 3, 2020

I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review. The installation of my new carpet from National Floors Direct is complete. The whole process took less than 2 1/2 weeks from my Free In-Home Estimate request, to the completed installation. When I requested my Free In Home Estimate, I was called within 5 minutes, and an appointment was made for the following day for the measure and quote.

David ** came to my home, brought samples, told me about the various styles of carpet, measured my room and gave me a quote. He even worked with me to bring the price down, which was much appreciated. Prior to the installation, I received an email alerting me, that I would be getting a phone call from the installers to finalize the details. That call came the next morning, and we went over what was included with the service and the final amount owed. Not only do they take up and remove the old carpet, but they will move most furniture, which was a real plus. The day of the install, I was called by 8am giving me my installation window. The installers arrived, were courteous and got to work. Before they left, they vacuumed up any stray pieces, and had me look over their work. The carpet is everything I hoped it would be. Just a note, they do not take credit cards.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Last Wednesday, I had my kitchen floors changed from tile to hardwood. Initially when the salesperson came to my home, I was having him price out carpets for my family room. We got to talking and I had already mentioned when I made the appointment that I might be interested in hardwood. My salesperson thoroughly gave me an education on the different options I had to get the look I was after. He explained how to clean the floor, the different types of material and what would be his best recommendation on what fit my needs best. My salesperson was very knowledgeable and patient with me as I had a difficult time deciding which color to choose.

I scheduled the install for two weeks after our initial meeting. I was notified every step of the way as to when the installers would arrive and that they would call me that morning to give me an estimate on time. The installers that did my floor were two brothers. They were friendly and personable. Because of the pandemic, I had been home and saw the entire process of the job being done. They took their time, were respectful of the noise since I was working in the next room and were just all around very professional. The job was done in a timely manner and they cleaned everything up that they had to move in order to complete the job. I was then called a few days later to see how my service and install went and I couldn't be happier. My floors look amazing. The entire process was seamless. I will definitely use NFD again.

Denise

Original review: May 22, 2020

Our experience was really great. The sales rep Armando came out to our house. Was extremely knowledgeable about the product and helped us make a decision based on what we were looking to do for the future of our condo. We were looking to rent it out so we wanted something very durable but also in our price range. He was so great about giving advice on the flooring, what type should go where, and how to get the best value by mixing different types across our house to fit it into our budget. He did this even during the COVID-19 pandemic and we were just so grateful for that level of support and kindness during this time.

There was a miscommunication with the install date on Tuesday and the installers showed up earlier than expected. They were really amazing about waiting and helping us with our confusion. They were able to get in and install the carpet extremely quickly and professionally. They even gave us their thoughts on what we were doing and seemed concerned we didn't have a plan but once we explained it they were happy with what we did. It was really encouraging and I was so glad we chose National Floors Direct over some of the competition we got quotes from. I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review which was an even better bonus.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

National Floors Direct was extremely professional and efficient through the whole process. Within two days of calling I received an estimate and the install was promptly scheduled. The installation team did a great job working quietly and quickly. I was extremely happy with the overall job start to finish and would use national floors direct again. I received a gift card for my time posting this honest review.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Experience was not entirely positive. I was not thrilled that I had to make a decision on the spot as I was still waiting for another quote which ended up being less than the quote from NFD. I did not get a response when I reached out to share my grievances regarding the quoting issue. Some positives would be the quick response for scheduling consultation and sales guy was friendly & informative and installers were friendly and arrived on time. Initially thought installers did a good job until I looked further. Lots of scrapes on door frame & heaters along the floor that were just painted as most people would paint before new carpet.

My husband & I were not too thrilled with that. It's like they were rushing. I had to call NFD right after installers left as they left a section of rug overlapping the existing rug in adjacent room rather than joining them for a seamless transition. Installers did come back right away and fixed the issue! I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I purchase top quality carpet from NFD (order # **), paid a third in advance, and was supposed to have it installed on 11/24/2020 before the Thanksgiving Holiday. I was actually required to sign a document eliminating my rights to 3-day cancelation to have it installed on this date. As requested by NFD, I spent two days disassembling furniture and moving it around to allow access to three upstairs bedrooms. I took a day off from work, and the morning of the install I received a call that said "Your carpet was never put on the truck by the manufacturer and will not be installed today.” I requested an install for the next day and was told that would not happen as installation were already scheduled. I requested a refund and was told that wouldn't happen as the carpet was already purchased from the supplier, who by the way neglected to put it on the truck for delivery.

At this point my options are; put the house back together for the Holidays, reschedule for December 4th, take another day off work, disassemble, and move things around again to accommodate NFD. All this done of course at the customer's expense, time and efforts. NFD or its trusted supplier(s) have no responsibility or capability in the problem(s) they have created. I truly understand mistakes, but when mistakes are made it is how they are handled that truly shows customer service and builds customer trust – “sorry about that” does not show customer care.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Everything went smoothly. The installer was quick, polite and efficient. They cleaned up afterward. The salesperson told us that the installers would move some furniture. The installer said that they don't do that. I'm glad we also ordered new sofas and had the old ones removed. That was my only negative. Everyone should be on same page.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I wish I had installed my new flooring years ago. I recently had National Floors Direct put laminate flooring in my living room and hallway. The workers were very professional, hard-working and paid attention to all details. The work did take a bit longer than I anticipated but that is OK because they were so careful about the details of the job. I am a happy customer! Please be aware that I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review.

National Floors Direct Company Information