3.84/5
Based on 157 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

290 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

Carpeting - I am sitting here at 8:34 after these scam artists told me they would be here by 6PM. They wait until 6PM so they can scatter like roaches and not answer the phone. I hope they show up now so I can tell them to beat it. I will be demanding my money back in the AM. The biggest group of fake nice liars I have ever dealt with. I would rather them be rude and obnoxious that would be honesty at least.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 20, 2018

NFD was professional from start to finish. Our sales rep wasn’t pushy and listened to what we wanted. He offered many suggestions and had a wide range of selection. His knowledge of the company and products was informative. Customer service was friendly on the phone when calling before our installation date. The morning of installation we received the call for arrival. The installers were professional. They worked quickly and cleaned up afterwards. Beautiful job! I’d highly recommend NFD.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I must say I was very surprised by the quality of the product and the floor looks great. Also, before the floor was installed I had questions about the installation date and their customer support was very helpful. I would definitely recommend National Floors Direct.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a very good experience with National Floors Direct. They came earlier than expected. They did a great job moving furniture. They cleaned everything up. They asked me to inspect everything. I would definitely recommend National Floors Direct. What I liked most was their prompt service. I called and made an appointment and the salesman came the next day.

Original review: April 19, 2018

National Floors Direct did a marvelous job installing carpet throughout our townhouse. They arrived early the day of installation. They did a professional job and were very courteous. We will definitely refer National Floors Direct to our friends and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a great experience from the day the salesman came To my House. He explained the products available to me and made recommendations when I asked. The installation process was very well done. The two men that came to my house did an amazing job. Every seam, every corner done to perfection. I can’t even tell where the rug seam came together. They were polite and took their time. Moved my couches and cleaned up like no one was ever there. I highly recommend and will always call National Floors in the future.

Original review: April 15, 2018

National Floors Direct was a pleasure to work with. The salesperson arrived on schedule, was polite and knowledgeable. The selection of flooring provided was adequate. The information provided about the flooring choices was helpful in making my selection. Although installation was delayed due to weather, the contact was polite, apologetic and professional. The re-scheduling was at my convenience. The installers arrived promptly on the installation day. The installers worked quietly, and steadily, finishing up ahead of schedule. The final assessment would be an overall positive; the floors look great, the installation was painless and communication was at all times professional and pleasant.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I ripped out the old carpet and particle board subfloor. Then I installed the plywood subfloor myself. I was unaware National Floors Direct would do that. I wish I called them 1st! I got a fair price. They installed a beautiful "Rustic Red Oak" floor in a 12x16 Bedroom. It only took them 4 hours. It came out GREAT! I later ordered the same floor for my 12x12 office and was equally pleased.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I've seen advertising for National Floors Direct on t.v. I needed to have 2 bedrooms and stairs recarpeted. I contacted National Floors Direct. A salesman Brian came to my home, measured the room and brought carpet samples. He was professional and courteous. All this was done... including a price quote within an hour! No traveling to carpet stores or waiting for measurements or estimates. The carpeting was installed in half a day. Installers were professional and courteous. Carpets look great. So easy! So affordable! I highly recommend this company!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I am pleased to say we had a very good experience using National Floors Direct. Ordering the carpet was easy and there was no hard sales pitch. The day of the install we were told when to expect the installers. They arrived right on schedule. We were getting four bedrooms, a hallway, a stairway, a basement, and another set of stairs to the basement carpeted. Sam and Jose said they would work through the day with no breaks and get it all done. That is exactly what they did. They cleaned up everything afterwards as well. We are very happy with the new carpet.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I called National Floors Direct after my man cave was flooded due to the recent noreaster in Massachusetts. The salesman Larry came to my house and measured my basement. He then went to his truck and brought back some samples based on the color I wanted. Lawrence walked me through how to choose the best carpet for my basement. I choose a nice grey carpet to match my new paint. National floors direct pricing was lower than any competitor I received quotes from. I had another quote but national beat it by a few hundred dollars. The installer came the next day and installed my beautiful carpet. He was a really nice guy and answered all my questions. The installation was quick and very thorough. I am very pleased with the outcome.

Original review: April 13, 2018

A note on our experience with National Floors Direct. I am happy to report that we have nothing but positivity to report. Mr. ** (our estimate representative) was right on time for our appointment. He was very patient, courteous, and engaging. He made us feel like we were making absolutely the right decisions for our home and lifestyle and was awesome with our 9 year old Daughter. We were equally as pleased with the installers. They were punctual and polite. They made sure we were happy with the carpet we had picked and everything was as it should be. They were extremely accommodating as I had a few things to finish up in the area before they started. They were extremely professional and their work more than exceeded our expectations. I have, and will recommend National Floors Direct to any of my friends and family.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had a terrific experience with National Floors Direct. Our sales rep Larry was cordial and patient. He answered all of our questions and was very knowledgeable. The installation team was prompt and professional. They worked tirelessly for the duration of the installation. They communicated with us at all times and finished the work in a timely manner. They cleaned up the work site and placed all of the furniture back in its original location. We could not have been happier with the service and quality of the products. We will be certain to contact National Floors Direct for our future flooring needs.

Original review: April 12, 2018

In March 2018, I decided to use National Floors Direct to install vinyl laminate wood flooring at my condo. National Floors Direct not only had the better customer service, but the price was phenomenal! I wouldn't be able to find a better place anywhere! Plus, the guys that actually did the installation were not only on time, but very professional, quick and the quality of work was fantastic! We actually watched TV in the other room while they worked, and it was fun watching them install these pieces of wood laminate so precisely. My fiancee and I went over the work at the end and had absolutely no complaints. We definitely will work with National Floors Direct in the future! Thanks again for making my living room look amazing.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was fantastic! Our sales representative who had so much knowledge about hardwoods and carpets came out two days after we called. Our installers were extremely fast, precise, and accommodating. We had hardwoods put into two rooms and they were finished within four hours! Highly recommend National Floors Direct for their professionalism, customer service and great deals on pricing!

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for choosing National Floors Direct.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We were very happy with our experience with National Floors Direct. The floors look wonderful and truly transformed the attic space we were refinishing. I was happy with how they turned out, but I was also very pleased with the customer service. The person who came out to the house to give an estimate was very courteous and answered all our questions. He was on time and brought plenty of samples for us. The team who came to install the carpet worked extremely fast. They were in and out in 2.5 hours. I was given a window of time that they would arrive in and they came right at the beginning.

The only things I would say that could be improved are the fact that they don’t take credit cards and the employees come in unmarked vans. It is a little frightening to be home alone and have the workers ask you to approve the carpet at their van when it does not have the company information on it. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would call them again for future projects.

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for choosing National Floors Direct. We will bring your suggestions to our team to make for a better experience for our customers. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I set up an appointment with National Floors Direct in mid March, No show. Then they call and tell me they couldn't come due to bad weather. There was no bad weather that week at all. So I get another appointment for April 4th... again no show, I call them and they say they had me down for Saturday even though I told the lady we have a wedding on that day. I doubled checked with her on the April fourth date twice. What a runaround, I have more important things to do than sit around all day waiting for someone who is not even going to show up.

Original review: April 4, 2018

DON'T TRUST A WORD THEY SAY! UNRELIABLE AND USE SCARE TACTICS AGAINST THEIR CONSUMERS. On 3/23 I purchased carpet for my bedroom from National Floors Direct with delivery scheduled for 3/29. This date was extremely important and the salesman assured me that this wouldn't be a problem and even called to confirm with his manager. 2 days before my scheduled delivery and installation I received a confirmation call for my delivery and installation on 3/29. Yay! (Or so I thought...) The day before my installation I received a call from the customer service representative informing me that they hadn't received delivery of the materials and they couldn't install my carpet on 3/29. No, I wasn't being pranked by Ashton Kutcher.

I was assured that my carpet would be installed on 3/30 between 12 and 2 pm. On the morning of 3/30 I received a call from National Floors Direct telling me that they would not be able to deliver and install my carpet (AGAIN) and said they could install on 3/31. I told them that I wanted to enforce my right, per the contract, to cancel the order for a full refund as this was unacceptable. The customer service supervisor referenced the act of God clause on my contract and informed me that they would not be refunding my deposit (235.30) and I would be responsible for the balance (500). YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Not receiving my materials from their supplier is certainly not an act of God. I told him I would be calling their competitor for next day installation and he told me "no company can install your carpet tomorrow". Surprise! I had Empire install my beautiful carpet on 3/31 FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!

On 4/2 I mailed them a formal notice to cancel and informed National Floors Direct that I wished to receive the full and prompt refund as promised in the contract (received by them on 4/4). On 4/4 I received a call from the customer service manager who told me that I could still schedule my installation (HA!). I informed her that I already had carpet installed by a more reliable company. I told her that I was seeking a full refund. She informed me that they would not be refunding my money and would be submitting my account to collections and again referenced the act of God clause for the reason they could not installed on the promised date. The professionalism and business practices of National Floors Direct are poor and unacceptable. Further, National's insistence that I continue to owe the remaining payment despite their nonperformance is OUTRAGEOUS.

Original review: April 3, 2018

National Floors Direct is the way to go for flooring. Great experience from salesman to installation. Fair, competitive prices with expert installation. Installers went above and beyond my expectations. Ran carpet down my stairs and also wrapped the sides, I could not be happier. Once the carpet was completely installed, everything was cleaned like they were never there. Extremely professional!

Original review: April 2, 2018

The experience I had with National Floors Direct was very positive. The person who came to the house for the quote was very pleasant and knowledgeable and had plenty of samples to show me. He walked me through all of my options and warranties for each one. He arranged all the work to be done in a timely fashion that worked for us! The people who installed our carpet and flooring were very professional and did an amazing job. They were very complete, tidy, and professional. It turned my new house into a completely new house and it looks wonderful! I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to have flooring or hardwood floors installed because their prices can't be beat. Thank you for such a pleasant experience, clean job, and making my house look wonderful!

Original review: April 1, 2018

We were impressed from the moment I clicked submit for the online registration. Moments later we received a call to schedule our in home appointment. We were able to get the day and time that worked best for us without hesitation. The salesman called ahead and gave his time of arrival. He was professional and had lots of samples. We never felt pressured and he gave us information to help make our decision. Due to construction in our home we had the installation planned out a few weeks after our appointment again this was on our time line without hesitation.

On the scheduled day of installation we not only received a call from the main office to confirm our time we also received a call from the installers also confirming. Once here they showed me the sample of what we ordered and began installing. Shortly after they realized 1/2 the order was incorrect and they quickly rectified the situation. During this time I felt they were handling the situation and assured me the floor would still be installed as scheduled which it was. The floor is exactly what we expected and are still pleased with it today. I would use National Floors again.

National Floors Direct response

Thank you for choosing National Floors Direct and we're happy to hear about your experience.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Liars. Salesperson promised install date of 3/29. We waived 3-day cancel right in consideration of the rush order. Contract states explicitly a separate non-performance cancelation right: "The merchandise you have ordered is promised for delivery to you on or before 3/29/18... [I]f... not delivered by the promised date, National Floors Direct, Inc. must provide you with the choice of cancelling your order with a prompt and full refund of any payments you have made." Our entire purchase was made under this premise due to furniture delivery and installation scheduled 3/30. NFD contacts us a few days before scheduled delivery and says they can't do 3/29. Offers apologies but says they can do 3/30. We scramble and beg the furniture company to deliver in evening so we can accommodate. Very inconvenient and they offer us nothing to do this, but we make it happen.

This morning 3/30 we get a call saying NFD won't deliver until tomorrow. We exercise our non-performance cancel rights. Customer service supervisor claims that it is out of their control because it is a supplier issue; therefore not eligible for cancelation. First time, I call him out on his BS and he hangs up on me. I call back. I read the cancel section to him. He says "in the back it says if it is out of our control then you can't cancel." He is citing the Force Majeure/act of God paragraph! This is merely a supply and logistics mistake on their end! We fight and he sticks to his guns; not only is he saying he will not return deposit, he will also bill us for the remainder. THEN, customer service actually said they weren't even expecting the carpet to come into their possession until 3/30. In other words they got our business ONLY by lying about their promised date!

Original review: March 29, 2018

AWFUL!!! The sales rep was nice but did not explain that you need to pay in full before work is done. THEN they came... not a licensed crew instead a hired person. They were rude and talked in a different language than the English I know. I had to call to the company to relay the information and directions!!! HASSLE. I had completely cleared a room for them to work first and then move the couch and chair into that room and do the second - to which they had a problem with the help I provided. SERIOUSLY!!! I did all the removing and they were pissed. OH THERE IS MORE... They broke furniture, scraped up my baseboards and left a MESS everywhere (dirt, scrapings from rug and foam, leaves). The WORST was he used my bathroom and pissed all over the seat and floor!!! Gross! I WILL NEVER USED THEM AGAIN. DONT USE THEM!!! Heed my warning.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Overall, I had a pleasant experience with National Floors Direct. There were a few issues with scheduling my in home estimate, but it eventually worked itself out. I'm glad I did the in home estimate because I found it very helpful to see the carpet swatches in the room it was going to be in. So often you don't know how carpet will look against a paint color and with furniture. Having the swatches brought to my home allowed me to see that. We were able to schedule my install almost immediately. My installer arrived early, moved all of my furniture, and worked quietly and quickly. It was a great experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My floors were put in wrong. The installers did not remove the floorboard and I now have a gap from floor to wall. I filed a complaint and an appointment was made to come out and correct the botched job. The day of the appointment which was confirmed the day before is now a no show and they don’t know why. And they couldn’t even call me to let me. Before you pay they call you every day. Once the job is done they keep you on hold, hang up the phone and give you no explanations. I have to wait till next week is when they have a chance to come out. Funny business all the way!

Original review: March 22, 2018

In the spring of 2010 we had our kitchen and entryway done by National Floors Direct. Terrible work! I had to have a different installer from their company return and redo ALL the moldings around the room. They repaired the hack job the first crew had done. Now comes the worst part!!! Even though I specifically asked when the first installers were here about coverage under the refrigerator. ("DID YOU DO UNDER THE FRIDGE"?) They assured me that they did! Well, a few months later the fridge broke, and much to my dismay, they indeed DID NOT do under it!!! Now the new refrigerator of course wasn't the same size in dimensions as the old one, so you can guess how that worked out! NEVER again will I use this company. They hire nothing but sub quality installers!

Original review: March 21, 2018

We had an appointment today with a seller from National Floors Direct to get a quote. My husband and I are looking to have the carpeting in the entire house taken out and replaced with laminate flooring. Initially the seller was very nice. Measured the home and showed us samples. We expressed an interest in using 12mm laminate and he explained that although his was only 10mm the quality and the thickness of the sealant made a difference. It was all going good when suddenly he became very pushy. We repeatedly told him that we did not wish to close today since he was only the second quote that we had gotten so far. Plus, we liked the flooring he was showing us but we knew nothing about these brands and wanted a couple of days to do our due diligence. He kept lowering the price to get us to sign. Which in itself seemed kinda fishy. He went from $5661 all the way down to $3000. It all just seemed very desperate and not at all comforting.

The seller kept calling his manager trying to get more information to try to convince us but he talked to him in a manner about us like we were being unreasonable. His manager upset me even more because I could hear him saying to the seller that "that's what we have to deal with, people who find low quality flooring at Home Depot and try to compare it with our high quality flooring. They know nothing about flooring. Our brands are the top 3 in the nation." So I guess we were just the idiots that didn't understand because we didn't want to rush into anything.

In the end the seller left clearly very upset. In fact he didn't even leave me the estimate for the service, didn't shake my hand on his way out, and left me no information on how to contact him in case we decided to close with them. Basically, if I wasn't ready to close on the spot I guess he didn't want my business. It was all really weird. I would never hire people who act like that, even if it was for free. And I will definitely be steering all of my family and friends away from such a crazy company.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I can’t say enough about how great my experience with National Floors. They were kind, considerate of my belongings. They were on time, they didn’t waste any time and my carpets look Awesome. I had hardwood floors put in 4 years ago and also that was a great experience, the floors still look awesome. They did a great job.

Original review: March 21, 2018

From the time we placed our quote request online to when the job was completed, the entire process was painless. Customer service was friendly and efficient. The estimator was on time and knowledgeable. The installer, Humberto, arrived early and was done within a timely manner. He was professional, polite, and courteous. The room was neat and clean upon departure. The quality of the carpet exceeded our expectations for the price that we paid. We are very happy with our experience with National Floors Direct. We plan to use them again in the future.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Working with National Floors Direct was a great experience. From start to finish the process was very easy, from them being able to explain to me the process of installation, and being able to answer any question I had. I had them do my carpeting at my second home which I only can be at Friday through Sunday. I had a meeting set up and got my estimate on a Saturday, and that following Friday they came out. My brand new carpet was installed that day in a professional like manner. I am very happy to say that for any other flooring needs I will be calling national floors direct because their prices, Workmanship, and professionalism were 10/10. Thank you National floors direct for such great service, and for providing me with a brand new, very soft carpet. Not only will I be using this company for any of my further needs, but I will also recommend them to anyone who is in need of flooring.

National Floors Direct Company Information