toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had estimates from Empire Carpet and Luna Carpet. They don't tell you in the ads but it turns out they are actually the same company! What a scam. Anyway they both spent half their time bashing National Floors Direct. They told me a whole list of reasons not to use National. By the time I had the 2nd appointment, I had enough. I decided to cancel National's appointment and buy from Luna. They talked a good game. I put down a deposit and booked the install for 3 weeks out - their earliest date. Day of install, no show, no call. I called and waited on hold for an hour and they wouldn't let me cancel.

I called National Floors Direct back. The salesperson came out the next day. They beat the Luna price on the spot and installed the next day! I saved almost $1000 on the job and the carpet in my house looks amazing. The morale: DON'T BELIEVE SALESPEOPLE WHO SPEND MORE TIME BASHING THEIR COMPETITION THAN SELLING THEIR COMPANY! Thanks National Floors Direct for coming to the rescue!!!

This evening I met with Larry to discuss options for floor covering. Larry was extremely informative about the products NFD offered for my flooring situation. His calm demeanor allowed me to take my time and consider my options. When I finally decided, the purchase was effortless! And I qualified for 1 full year same as cash financing! Thank you NFD!

First, I must say that I am extremely satisfied with the sales representative, the price, and the product. The installation teams were great and made no mistakes. I got 95 yards of carpet and a 10 X 12 area of vinyl plank flooring. That said, the scheduling people (located in NY) were rude, lied to me several times on the phone, and caused a huge disruption in my schedule. Once they got their money, it seemed that they were not concerned about my satisfaction with the scheduling process or installation.

I was hoping you could tell me who I can complain to regarding the installation schedulers. I am having a terrible time with them. As you know, when you were at the house, we scheduled two crews for this past Saturday. When the scheduler called to confirm the day before (Friday), she said we would receive a call the next morning between 8:30-9am to give us an arrival time. Instead of a call from her the next morning, we got a call from the installers at 7:30am saying that they were outside the house (we were 15 min away, luckily, but were not home). My husband rushed over there, the carpet got installed, the guys did a great job, no problems on that front.

After 10am, I called the scheduler to confirm the second crew, which at that time I was told would be arriving between 12-4. At around 2:30, she called and told me that the second crew would be unable to install the vinyl that day, as they were going to be at their other location until late that evening. I was upset, since we had confirmed the timetable and my husband and I both had to work during the week. I agreed to have them come Tuesday after 3pm (with emphasis on after 3pm so I could get out of work a little early and make it there on time).

Yesterday, Tuesday, I left work early and got there, but since I hadn't heard from them I called to confirm. The scheduler said that she had me down for Wednesday after 3pm not Tuesday (This is a lie. I wrote it down on Saturday as I spoke with the scheduler). I again was upset but said that I would see them the next day (today). The scheduler (not the same one - possibly different ones every time) called at 8am this morning and confirmed - specifically saying AFTER 3PM. I agreed.

Then, at 12:40, she calls saying that they are at my house and no one is there. I said that the agreement was for after 3pm. She tells me that they never promise times or stops (another lie - two of them DID promise after 3pm and one of them was this morning)! She told me that the installers would not wait there until 3pm and would have to reschedule AGAIN. I asked to speak to her supervisor, at which point she said she IS the supervisor (so she has no boss??) and she said she could just CANCEL MY ORDER. What? I can't believe anyone would do business this way when a customer is spending over $6,000.

So supposedly they are coming tomorrow (Thursday after 12pm). Quite honestly, even though we had a great experience with you and the guys who installed the carpet portion of our order, these scheduling issues will make it unlikely that I will order from your company again. Of course they have not offered any compensation for me leaving work and now making arrangements 3 different days to be home during the time we agreed to.

The next day: The scheduler called to confirm that the installer would be there after 12pm. At 4pm, I called to ask if he was still coming. I was told that she would find out where he was and call me back. After an hour, when she hadn't called me back, my husband called and she told him that the installer was ON THE WAY to my house (this turned out to be a lie). The installer called at 6:30pm (after my husband took the entire day off to be there at noon) to say he couldn't make it because he was far away and wasn't done with the job he was on. He asked if he could come tomorrow (Friday) at 8am. So I'm taking tomorrow off and Erik took today off for nothing. No one in charge emailed me or contacted me regarding my email.

We are planning to do the 3 bathrooms, foyer, and laundry room at some point but won't be going with this company again. So crazy how a great customer service experience can turn terrible so quickly. The carpet installers and you were great. The schedulers are rude, unapologetic, and unprofessional. They act like there aren't choices when there are plenty of other companies to get flooring from that don't act like its a privilege to give them your money. I guess our time isn't worth anything since we honored our promise to be home all of these times that they promised they would be here and didn't show up. Erik doesn't get his day off back. Honestly if the movers weren't coming Saturday I would have cancelled. I'll let you know if it finally gets installed.

End result: The second team finally arrived the next morning at 8am and did a great job installing our vinyl plan flooring. This was 6 days after what was promised. I am shocked that the owner nor the district manager did not contact me to follow up. Because of this, though the sales rep was great and so is the product, I will not be using this company for my future flooring needs.

Jon ** was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and attentive to what I was looking for. I am a long time customer and always ask for Jon. He was not pushy and did not try and sell me something I didn't need. He arrived on time. I am very pleased with my carpet.

Thank you for a great experience from the time we met Brian to the time the installers finished. Brian was extremely professional and knowledgeable about the products as well as the procedure.The 2 separate crews that were here that day worked well together. I was surprised they could do it all in one day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

It has been a great experience. John ** was wonderful! He made the experience easy. I would recommend him!! We are happy with the carpet we are getting and the in home experience and convenience of it all. Would definitely recommend this company.

The old kitchen floor was removed and new hardwood, provided by National Floors Direct, was installed on the existing underlayment. The team was on time and did the work according to our agreement. Additionally, we agreed on a separate contract for installing a new carpet on the access stairs. We were happy with the end result.

Very pleasant experience without the high pressure sale. Detailed explanation of product types and several great samples to choose from. I has several rooms to have work done and they are able to accommodate each one. Couldn't be any more convenient with the in-home shopping and the quick installation dates. Highly recommended.

The whole process of working with National Floors Direct was a pleasure. The promptness and pleasantness of the salesman Matt was impressive. After negotiating the price we booked the install. I was a bit worried about the installers after reading some poor reviews. All my worries were put aside a minute after meeting the installers. They were very courteous and professional. They went over my order with me before starting to make sure it was all that I was expecting. They worked hard and fast, and they were ever so polite. I would recommend that for all flooring needs NFD is the place to work with! From a very happy customer in Ipswich, Mass.

Alterna Floor - Skeptical at first about paying before work was started. Worried for nothing. My installer, Miguel **, was first rate all the way. Worked 2 LONG days, new sub floor and this floor looks amazing! Just ordered carpets and house is done!

Larry was excellent and supportive. He made us feel heard, and gave us all our options. Feel I am getting a fair price for a good quality and feel confident in the work moving forward. If the rest of the company is as kind and professional as Larry, I am feel great about our decision to move forward with this company.

I had spent time trying to work with a "big box" store thinking our flooring replacement would be a pretty simple process. After countless headaches, I reached out to National Floors Direct and quickly Larry was at my home to assess the situation. He talked me through the steps and options and helped guide me through the process. He was knowledgeable and there was no pressure. I felt like Larry was working to make the process easy and something I would be happy with for many years to go. Now after not knowing when this project would get done just yesterday, I'm looking forward to having my new carpets in just a week. Thank you Larry!

Larry was an excellent salesman. He went out of his way to be respectful, patient, and accommodating of our situation. We were very appreciative and happy with his service and look forward to receiving our carpet very soon. The only thing that we were disappointed with - which was not Larry's fault - was that we are moving and we asked to meet a representative at our old house to pick carpet and then measure at the new house and all the phone representatives we spoke to were not able to help us. Therefore, we were forced to have Larry measure the carpet and then sit in the car with us to choose the carpet. Though Larry was great - this was not our ideal situation.

We were in need of new flooring and saw countless tv commercials. We decided to have the 3 companies on tv come out and quote our living room and office for hardwoods. We were not very impressed with the Empire rep. The Luna rep was very nice but didn't seem to have enough knowledge of hardwood flooring. The National Floors Direct rep Larry was extremely knowledgeable about the flooring we asked for. He was extremely thorough, making sure that all areas of the project would be taken into account. Even went as far as to make sure that under our carpet, the subfloor was sufficient enough to accept the new floor. Something that neither other fella checked. We felt that that was a great indication that National Floors Direct had our best interest in their mind. That was one of the reasons among others we chose this company.

Loved the visit I had with our sales rep Larry. He was so informative and helped us through this confusing world of carpeting. No gimmicks or games, just honest, expert guidance. The price was reasonable and the product is high quality and a name that we have actually heard of. Highly recommend this company.

Jim ** & Larry came to our household, personable, knowledgeable, felt very comfortable with both of them and appreciate their time. We feel very confident we are getting the best service possible and are very appreciative. They showed us and all products and explained in detail all involved with our inquiries. We are very happy to expect our new rug and feel confident that we are going to be extremely satisfied.

John was very concerned about what was best for us as we were trying to decide what was more important to have done because of our plans to sell our home.

He took the time to look around, gave many ideas that made sense for resale value. He looked at a back room that we didn't think of as an asset, but he made us realize that redoing this room would bring up the value quite a bit as it would be a playroom or family room for the new owners. We were very pleasantly surprised that he would go far above what we would have expected to do what was best for us. We will certainly use the company again.

I saw the television ad and had called to book an appointment. I couldn't be more happier with the service. Matt was on time and went beyond to meet my expectations. Definitely would recommend this company and Matt to anyone looking to receive great service.

The experience with National Floors Direct was great. Excellent service and installation. Sales rep was professional and thorough. I would highly recommend National Floors Direct to friends, family, and anyone looking for a quality job... our family room came out looking tremendous.

John was extremely helpful in providing different samples and ideas to try to help me pick the right floor for me. He was extra patient with me through all my indecisiveness! He was friendly and knowledgeable about the floors offered by National Floors Direct. Although I did not choose a floor today, I will certainly return to NFD in the future.

I had your employee John come by my house and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made the process fast and easy. The carpet came in and the installation went flawlessly. I would give a A+ rating to the entire experience and I will recommend the company and John to all my friends and family.

We just bought our home and wanted to replace our carpet with hardwood. A friend recommended National Floors Direct. We were so impressed when Matt came out to our home. He was very knowledgeable about the product and made the buying process really easy. The installation was and it came out beautiful!!! Thanks National Floors!!!

I have seen the tv ads over and over and finally called when our water heater broke. Our basement Floor got Destroyed and we had a big party coming up in one week. Matt was the sales rep who showed up and was very polite and professional. We choose a nice vinyl tile and it looks great. They came in two days and installed the whole job in one day! We love the floor and highly Recommend National Floors Direct to anybody!

NFD was very easy to work with. Requested quote online and received call next morning to schedule appt. Salesman was very nice. Explained the process very thoroughly. We were very pleased with the experience. Looking forward to the install.

We are extremely pleased with both the results of our flooring installation and the personal customer service that we received. Matt was very knowledgeable. He met with us twice and took the time to understand our needs and answer all our questions. We would do business with National Floors Direct again. Thank you.

Larry ** was extremely helpful in showing us some of our options which led to our purchase. He really knows the products. We were very pleased with the final outcome and the speed at which the installation will take place.

I'm not usually someone who has time for reviews, but I felt I had to tell someone about my experience with National Direct. My salesperson Matt ** went above and beyond to answer all my questions. He put my mind at ease about ordering my flooring. He was very professional and knowledgeable about all aspects of the process and in the end I was completely satisfied with my experience.

I called after seeing the commercial and scheduled a free estimate. I was running late from work and my Wife was there when Matt arrived within the time they gave us. I figured he would be a normal sales guy who was being pushy AS WE HAD DEALT WITH IN THE PAST, but she said afterwards he was very nice and asked repeatedly if he should just wait to come in until I got home from work which she liked. He helped us in choosing a really nice hardwood floor. The installers came within a week which we thought was amazing as our past experiences with other shop at home companies had not been too good. They were done in one day and did a great job. My wife and I love the floor. We highly recommend National Floors and have already recommended. We have already referred my in-laws!!

I was very satisfied with my representative from National Floors Direct. He was extremely informative, gave us a great deal and explained everything regarding quality and price. Would definitely recommend to a friend. I got to choose from the closeout brands which were very nice and I was happy to be informed that the colors I wanted was available.

I called National Floors Direct for an estimate for carpeting in a bedroom. I received a phone call from their sales manager (Matt **) letting me know that he would be on time. When Matt arrived he carried in four books of carpet samples. Unfortunately we couldn't find what we like but Matt says "no problem, I have many more books". We found the right carpet after he explained any questions we had. His professionalism and small talk about our families made for enjoyable experience. My carpet was installed 24 hours later by two hard working installers and it looks great. National Floors Direct is got my business.

National Floors Direct Company Profile