Call toll free
4.20/5
Based on 263 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

418 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Love the floor. Excellent work from the estimate to the finished product. The workers were nice and very professional. Even fixed the damage under the floor and took the time to talk to me and sent pics of the damage.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct: We were very happy with our choice to use Nationals Floors Direct to replace the low grade carpets that were previously installed in our new house. I was amazed at how quickly we were able to make an appointment. It also suited our schedule and the representative was knowledgeable and a joy to work with. She was able to explain our options well to us and explained the process of payment and installation with clarity.

On the day of installation the crew arrived right on time and they were pleasant and easy to work with. I couldn’t believe how quickly they ripped out the old carpets and started prepping the new ones to come in. They did everything very cleanly and efficiently and they were courteous about closing the doors behind them. I was also really happy to find there was not a strong smell at all from the carpets. I’d thought we would need to leave the house that night to sleep but we left a fan on and a window open and there was no problem at all. Our purifier didn’t pick up any trace of air pollutant either. Pretty amazing. We have beautiful new Carpets that really upgraded the look and feel of our home.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Overall our National Floors Direct experience was good. Our sales person, Troy, was fantastic. Very responsive and knowledgeable about the products. He made great recommendations on what was going to work for it lives with small children and pets, but still budget friendly. Installation was not as smooth. The van apparently broke down the morning of our installation (which I had to take work off for.) They rescheduled for 3 days later.

Then that morning it was raining. When the person arrived it was an argument because they didn't want to install with rain and wanted to reschedule again. We had cleared our garage so they could still install that day just as our sales person told us to. We were not happy at the prospect of rescheduling yet again. It was my kid's playroom and frankly a week without a playroom and all their toys moved to another room was enough. Reluctantly, they installed that day anyway. The room came out fantastic in the end, despite the slightly longer timeline. We're very happy with the quality.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Called National Floors Direct for new carpet for my fireplace room. I needed fast service because we were selling the house. They responded quickly and professionally, and I had my new carpet installed within days of my phone call and at a very reasonable price!! I would recommend them to everyone!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

On Saturday, the carpet installers did actually show up to complete the carpet on the floating stairs. Although I had explicitly asked for and was assured by you, for a phone call one half hour ahead of their arrival, that did not occur. This is possibly because neither of the installers spoke any English. Fortunately my daughter was at the house waiting for them when they arrived. They completed the job and it appeared that they did a decent job.

However, when I went to the house to inspect the job today, the carpet is already pulling loose from several of the stairs. Also, upon further inspection of the vinyl flooring, it appears that the installers put it in too tight and it is buckling and breaking in several areas. This has caused very sharp pieces of vinyl to stick up from the floor. They are sharp enough to cut someone's foot. Given that NFD employs unlicensed installers, I believe you have a serious liability issue here on top of all the other problems this company has caused us. This and the issue with the stairs needs to be rectified immediately.

As you are aware, our experience with National Floors Direct has been nothing short of disastrous. Promises by your Sales Representative, Brian **, of three consecutive days for installation by a professional team of installers including clean up of the job afterward, were a complete lie. Apparently, no one at National Floors Direct bothers to check to see if the products needed to complete a job are available as we now have been postponed for completion of the vinyl floor installation until August. 10, 2018 due to an unforeseen back order of the bullnose for the living room stairs.

The man and woman you employed for the initial carpet installation left the house in shambles, didn't complete the job, lied about someone telling them that the carpet didn't look right on the stairs because the backing showed through so they didn't have to do the work and then signed off the job with your Customer Satisfaction Report, forging my signature and giving themselves a positive review.

As I have explained, no one was at the house when they were there. Your response of "it's your word against theirs" is nothing short of shocking as no one would sign off on a job with the condition my parents' home was left and the fact that the job had not been completed at that time. And NOW we have significant issues with the quality of the work. I have photos documenting all of the above information. Please advise as to how National Floors Direct plans on dealing with all of these issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I'm guessing people that use National Floors Direct (NFD) and don't have any issues or problems might very well be happy with this company. However, let me tell you what happens when things DON'T go as expected. Met with sales person in my home and selected my carpet for one bedroom in a second home. Filled out all types of forms - and was told my the sales person to call him at any time if I have any questions or need anything. My installation was scheduled for 7/31. The day of the installation I had to phone them in the morning as nobody called to confirm my "window" for the installation. I was told my installation was between 3:00-6:00PM. I arrived the home at 1:00 just in case they might arrive early. By 5:30 no word from NFD and no installers.

I phoned the company and was told they should be there between 6:00-6:30 and somebody would phone me. No call back. Phoned again at 6:30. Answer service only available. They took my number and said somebody would phone me. No call back. I phoned NFD again at 7:30. Again left message with answering service. No call back. At 8:30PM nobody had contacted me from NFD and nobody showed up. I left the house.

The next morning NFD phoned to ASK ME IF INSTALLATION was done. I explained the situation and the person said she would phone me back in 30 minutes. Two hours later she phoned back and rescheduled for August 9th. What! More than a week later after a NO SHOW and NO CALL. She explained how happy I would be with the carpet, and could care less that I wasted an entire day. I asked to speak to manager and she said she can't allow that. I sent an email to their "we want to hear from you" complaint email address. I got a call back the next day from a "manager". He could of cared less and made every excuse under the sun. He offered $200 off NEXT installation and I explained I would never use NFD again.

Folks, use local companies to have your floors installed. NFL is an unprofessional organization. No recourse when they have an issue. I wanted my money back but they refused. I plan to contact the attorney general's office too. The installers showed up yesterday and put the carpet in. They were much more professional and pleasant to deal with than NFD. By the way, you can't use a credit card with NFD and after the initial deposit COD (certified check/money order) only accepted. Seems sketchy to me too. I would never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We decided to use National Floors Direct for our carpet needs because of the price and quality of carpet. Our salesman was on time and was knowledgeable on our flooring needs. He was accommodating in regards to our needs. Scheduling the install was easy and we received confirmation as promised. The day of install our installers arrived within the projected timeframe. Our installers were professional, used caution in moving our furniture and worked efficiently. They cleaned up nicely and we are very pleased with the final project. The carpet is exactly what we wanted and we would highly recommend this business for your flooring needs.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We had a great experience with NFD. Not only were they friendly and courteous, but they also beat out our other quote by 2k! The sales rep was knowledgeable and had lots of samples for us to look at. He was able to answer all of our questions and gave us honest answers about what he thought would be best for our needs, since we have kids and pets. The installation staff were very professional as well. The quality of the flooring and carpeting exceeded our expectations. Overall we had a great experience. We’ll definitely use them again and recommend to our family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The entire process was smooth. Communication flows well, I received constant notification on Appointment. I received appointment confirmations ahead of time. The company has a lot of product. Selecting the right product was easy. The person that came to do the measurement was helpful. The carpets were of great quality. We selected one that matches the colors of the house. Employees were nice and willing to help. Overall it was a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

From my initial phone call to inquire to the salesman showing up as promised ON TIME. He was polite and knowledgeable. Very helpful with samples. Didn't waste my time. I ordered and it was delivered and installed within 4 days of my order. Wonderful, fast, and very beautiful. Couldn't be happier.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

As a previous customer of National Floors Direct 10 years ago. I was curious to see if their service was as good as last time. We shopped other national brands first, however the sales team of national floors direct were hands down the best. They arrived on time, didn't push any specific product to meet their own sales goal. Simply asked questions to make sure they understood our needs and offered suggestions on colors to match. Install occurred within one week. Even the installation crew worked diligently for two days to make sure our floors looked great. We are very happy with our decision to use National Floors direct again. We are even more satisfied with our new floors!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had my floors redone by NFD this past weekend. I was very pleased with the company that came out to do my floors, the customer service I received, and the salesman that came to my house in the beginning. I was going to go with Empire Floors but decided against it because they were not honest with me. NFD was honest and attentive and gave me exactly what I asked for. My floors look great and I was happy with the price match I received. I will be recommending them to others in the future.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

A representative came to my home on July with samples of flooring to provide an estimate. The samples that are shown are not the product that the installers show up with. I could only assume they provide you with a quote and then try to find the cheapest flooring closest to your choice. The flooring was as thin as cardboard and per the installer, they would have to be installed without underlayment. I called customer service and the person who answered was rude and a racist. He told me I was illiterate and that I could not read. I want nothing to do with NFD ever again and was told that my $750 deposit is forfeited and that I would be sued for the remainder of the quote.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

On July 9 2018 my husband David and I had Thomas ** from National Floors Direct in our home to give us an estimate on flooring for a great room that is being built onto our home. We had tentatively set a date of August 4th for installation to be done. Mr. ** stated if the addition wasn’t going to be ready for the floor to call National Floors Direct 72 hours prior to installation to avoid the restocking fee and reschedule. Our contractor told us on 7/29/2018 that we are behind because of rain delays. I called National Floors Direct to reschedule on 7/29 at 1:02 pm from my phone number that National Floors Direct has on file to reschedule for the weekend of August 17th, during conversation the rep stated that they could install on the 18th.

The 3rd of August National Floors Direct started calling saying they were coming out on the 4th. I advised that we rescheduled back on 7/29 for August 18th due to our contractor delay on the addition the rep put me put on a brief hold and came back and said, "Sorry we called you In error." The following morning on August 4th they called again. Left a message saying they were coming out today.

I immediately called back and advised that I am not scheduled for today. We were having them installed on the 18th. The gentlemen proceeded to tell me that there are no notes of any conversations previous with me on the account, at this point I asked to speak with supervisor. The supervisor got on the phone very harshly. Said I never called and they were keeping my money and not only were they doing that but if I wanted floors put in on the 18th that we would now have to pay $1900.00.

My contract was for $1600.00 with a $540.00 deposit... What they did is deceptive practice trying to keep money that does not belong to them by not notating the account of the consumer, I called well prior to the 72 hour install date... We did speak to a women named Liz later that morning on August the 4th who said, "I believe you called and rescheduled and I will have your floors put in on the 29th of August without a restocking fee and your funds you paid would be applied." And then she put me on hold she came back and changed her mind and said management won’t allow.

This conversation was recorded. I also have the Verizon wireless call record from 7/29 at 1 pm showing that I spoke to them for about 8 minutes... Apparently they must need my money that bad to be so deceptive!!! I filled complaints already and have no issues proceeding legally. At this point I could care less about the $540 they stole from my children’s mouth. They won’t starve but I can assure you this process will be done to make sure this kind of deceptive practice doesn’t happen to anyone else???

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

National Floors Direct installed new laminate flooring in 2/3 of my house. The crew was on time and very professional. They answered all my questions. At the end of the day, all areas were cleaned, even though they were returning the next day. All furniture was placed back exactly as I wanted it. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I reached out to National Floors Direct for my new carpet because I have dealt with your company in the past and I was very satisfied with my experience. The two young men that completed my installation on 6/9 were very courteous and professional. They shook my hand when they greeted me in front of my house. They asked me to confirm that they had the correct carpet. They moved the furniture without damaging anything, which I really appreciate. They removed my old carpet and padding and installed the new carpeting within two hours! They cleaned up everything and vacuumed a small amount of dirt that was tracked in from outside. They worked very hard and I am very impressed with the great job they did. I am very happy with my new carpet and I will not hesitate to use National Floors Direct in the future.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Hi National Floors Direct, Sharon and I wanted to let you know how happy we are with our new carpeting. The whole experience has been great. From our initial call to the salesman coming to our house and the installers. Everyone has been great and we were constantly updated on the process. We especially liked how fast the new carpeting came in and how easy it was to work with our schedules to get the new carpeting installed. We love the color and all the samples that we had to choose from. The carpeting is very comfortable and everyone who has seen it loves it!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

From the very beginning to the end our experience with National Floors Direct was hassle free and very professional. From the first phone to set up the appointment to our salesman to our installer everything-was handled perfect. We are extremely happy with our overall experience and our new floor.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Excellent experience with professional people. Did the job on time with extreme professionalism and pleasant attitudes. Cleanup was done in no time. They were here and gone within the specified timetable. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to replace flooring.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I called on 7/19/18 to inquire about their services and I needed to get back to them as I had another appointment. Today is 8/4/18 and they have called me no less than 45 times since my initial call. Today I answered and asked for a supervisor and spoke to Jeff. I told his calls were harassing and excessive and they needed to stop. His response to me was “you should have answered your phone.” He was rude, dismissive and condescending and disrespectful. I would NEVER use or recommend this company. This company needs to stop harassing people.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had a great experience with National Floors Direct! It was so easy! I requested an appointment online, and got a quick call back to set up the appointment. The home visit started on time. The salesman brought several tiers of product for me to choose from and quoted me prices for each level. They were very flexible with the install date to accommodate my painting and furniture delivery. The installation crew were on time, quick, and did a beautiful job. I will definitely be calling to redo more flooring in my home!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

So I had ordered my floors late June. They were supposed to be installed July 10, I received a phone call day before they were due to be put in saying the floor I order was on back order and they couldn’t do them until the 17, fine. Then the 26 I received another call saying they couldn’t do them until August 1, I needed to be in my apartment by then- discount? No. Pick a new floor, yes. The guy came in with ONE sample which would have not looked good in my place came back with a shade lighter again, not looked good. I picked a new floor set to be installed the following Thursday. The installers were awesome but when I asked for some compensation due to my inconvenience I got a world of stuff. Customer service sucks, installers are great.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had a really good experience with National Floors Direct. I had a unique situation where I was going to need a large amount of flooring installed next day, and some additional flooring installed at a later date. The sales guy (Gil) was very polite and friendly. He gave me his honest opinion of what would work in the different rooms. I was able to get a carpet in the color family I wanted installed next day. The installation crew was very polite, and tidied up before they left. The carpets are holding up well and my 1 year seems to love how soft they are as he rolls around all over them. I would recommend working with national floors direct especially if you need a quick install.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I just want to say as a returning customer, I couldn't be happier dealing with National Floors Direct. From the free in home quote which ended in a very reasonable price. They work with you and make it affordable and in your budget. The installers showed up right on time and worked right through, very hard I must add. We had real hardwood installed and the quality and options were top notch. They came out absolutely beautiful and I'm in love with the results. For fast affordable flooring I would highly recommend them. I plan to use them for all my future floor needs and have recommended them to our family and friends. Thanks again for another wonderful job at our home!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We have had a great experience using National Floors Direct. We were on a time crunch to get the floors done before having company at the house. The salesperson was at the house the day after calling. We needed a specific hardwood to match existing flooring and the salesperson found what we needed. It was arranged to have the floors installed within 10 days. The installers were very prompt and worked all day to complete the job. They did a great job removing the old floor and laying the new floor. They left the house very clean. We will be happy to use National Floors Direct in the future when we need flooring.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had a wonderful of experience with my new carpet and National Floor Directs. The sales man was wonderful and gave us a great price. The scheduling process was easy. The workers who should up were respectful and hardworking. They were here most of the day doing the whole upstairs, and answered and questions I had. My only complaint is that they carpeted over a vent and someone has to come back out to cut a hole. Overall I was very happy, and would recommend National floors direct!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

National Floors has been very easy and great to work with. I scheduled an appointment with a rep who was very friendly. We did have a little mix up for our appointment which was on a Saturday and apparently was scheduled with someone who was not on the schedule for that day. Our appointment was cancelled due to this but then a rep called back within 10-15 minutes and said another in Home consultant would be able to assist us.

We were thrilled and consultant Cristina came out and worked with us. She was very knowledgeable and patient with us as we needed time to discuss. She worked with us and our needs and a week later we had the installation! Our time slot was from 9-12 and the crew showed up around 945 and was able to get my entire kitchen done in 4 hours. They were very respectful and cleaned up after themselves very well. We are very pleased with the finished product and will be recommending this company to all our friends and family!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I recently had laminate flooring placed in my condo. The process from beginning to end was very seamless. I placed a phone call and made an appointment and the representative came to my house. He measured my entire first floor, Living Room, Dining Room and Kitchen and showed me the different types and styles of laminate flooring. We discussed a previous quote that I had gotten from another company and he assured me that National Floors Direct would beat the price, which they did. I made the purchase and the appointment to have it installed. I was pleasantly surprised that my appliances can furniture would be moved by the contractors, which helped a lot. The job was done in one day, just as advertised. My floors look beautiful and the job transformed the first floor of my house. I would recommend National Floors Direct to anyone and I will definitely place another order when the time comes.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I placed in order for carpet installation on June 27th 2018 (order #**). We weren't completely satisfied with the carpet selections but wanted to lock in the price and was told by our salesman that he would text pictures of other options when he stops by the warehouse tomorrow. The salesman stopped responding to me so I decided to cancel my order within the 3 business days. I thoroughly read through the contract that states I have the right to cancel within 3 business days starting with the next day. The contract also states to refer to the cancellation policy for more information.

I thoroughly read through the cancellation policy which provides the order number, the transaction date and the cancel-by date, all handwritten and filled out by the salesman. My salesman wrote that I had to have the cancellation form mailed in by midnight of 7-2-2018. I stopped by my local USPS and told them I need to have it certified and received by that date.

I contacted NFD to confirm they received it and was told they did and that it was going to be processed and my refund will be in 10 business days. After more than two weeks passed by I contacted NFD and was now told that my cancellation was denied because the letter was late. They confirmed that it was indeed received on 7-2-2018 but that it was a day late because they consider Saturday a business day.

I told them that their salesman must not be aware of that since he wrote in the cancellation form that it had to be received by midnight on 7-2-2018. I spoke with customer service many times fighting this case and was treated very rudely. I spoke to Cliff (supervisor) who could not help. He even on hung up the phone on me. He told my wife that his employees were frustrated that we're being persistent with calling and that was the reason for the rudeness.

The salesman came back to my house and confirmed that he indeed wrote 7-2-2018 on the cancellation form and believes he was correct. I called Cliff again and was told that the contract states 3 business days and that I should have known Saturday was a business day. I asked where I could find that information and he did not know. It is not written on the contract or anywhere. I searched online and couldn't find anything. Besides, it was written in my cancellation form that the letter was due by midnight. I did exactly what was written for me to do and they continue to deny returning my deposit of $940.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Please compare this review with others. NOTE: IF MY ISSUES ARE WORKED OUT TO OUR MUTUAL SATISFACTION. I WILL UPDATE THIS REVIEW. There are similarities of problematic issues with other reviewers. At first I was very happy with my experience with Bruce the salesman. However, five days before installation, I tried to have Bruce get back to me with regards to a product question. He never got back to me and not until three days before installation was I told by customer service how I could find the answer to my product question. At that time, I requested a change of installation date because of a family emergency with my 90 year old mother. They refused to make any changes stating they would have to charge me a $250 restocking fee because it was not 72 hr notice but 48 hr notice. Of course this was contrary to the actual three day notice required. Three days before installation on a Friday is Wednesday.

Anyway I did not argue and accepted their decision to not change install date and had to accept that my emergency needs would not be accommodated by National Floors Direct. HOWEVER later that same day, when they were confirming the install date, they refused to accept what I had initially noted in my contract that in emergency situations I would not pay the $250 restocking fee and I will not pay in full UNTIL the job is completed. I am writing this prior to giving them a chance at solution because I TODAY I have had no luck working my concerns out with them AND Cliff the supervisor was not available to help me. So, I have become concerned that the only reason a contractor demands full payment prior to job completion is because they have had people refuse to pay them.

This means one of two things only...either the customer is a thief...or the contractor does unsatisfactory work with unsatisfactory product. Usually it is the contractor that is unsatisfactory. Rarely it is the customer. A company that expects full payment prior to installation is revealing that they are not confident in their installers' work and or their product. My ALERT ANTENNA is up and I am very concerned. Presently I am waiting for tomorrow morning to talk to the Supervisor CLIFF who is mentioned in other customer reviews to discuss my concerns. I have already given them $1000. It is not the many thousands others have lost but I am concerned.

I am now stating for the public and in writing that I will pay in full on the day of installation only upon completion of the installation to my satisfaction on product and install. I want to have this work done. I want to pay for the product I have ordered and the expert craftsmanship I expect as per their own claims. Please Cliff let us work together to settle my concerns. Upon completion of this job, I will update this review and I will recommend National Floors if that recommendation is founded.

Updated on 08/08/2018: Wait on signing THAT contract with National Floors Direct. On Fri, Aug. 3, Installers arrived within time frame. I was excited. They went to work immediately. Then...INSTALLATION HAD TO STOP. One reason was that the product wasn't acceptable. There should have been an easy solution. Apparently not. Today is Aug 7. Have you ever prepped your home for flooring? My office, living room, and hallway are in my bedroom, kitchen, and on my porch. Living with a partial floor is "a joy" as well. You actually learn how to avoid the uneven floors and use a hammer against exposed nails. I am still negotiating with National Floors Direct. It is my HOPE THAT MY NEXT AND LAST UPDATE WILL BE MORE PLEASANT OR THAT YOU WILL NEVER SEE MY REVIEWS AGAIN.

National Floors Direct Company Information

40 Robbie Rd
Avon
MA
800-400-FLOOR
www.nationalfloorsdirect.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business