toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

National Floors Direct

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing National Floors Direct! We hope you enjoy your new floor and we hope to service you again very soon.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I had estimates from Empire Carpet and Luna Carpet. They don't tell you in the ads but it turns out they are actually the same company! What a scam. Anyway they both spent half their time bashing National Floors Direct. They told me a whole list of reasons not to use National. By the time I had the 2nd appointment, I had enough. I decided to cancel National's appointment and buy from Luna. They talked a good game. I put down a deposit and booked the install for 3 weeks out - their earliest date. Day of install, no show, no call. I called and waited on hold for an hour and they wouldn't let me cancel.

I called National Floors Direct back. The salesperson came out the next day. They beat the Luna price on the spot and installed the next day! I saved almost $1000 on the job and the carpet in my house looks amazing. The morale: DON'T BELIEVE SALESPEOPLE WHO SPEND MORE TIME BASHING THEIR COMPETITION THAN SELLING THEIR COMPANY! Thanks National Floors Direct for coming to the rescue!!!

National Floors Direct

Thank you for your feedback! We are very glad you had a pleasant experience and we hope you enjoy your new floors!

Original review: March 18, 2017

We had a pleasant experience. The manager that came out to our home was prompt and very courteous and able to answer all of our questions. We asked for next day installation on a Saturday and our needs were met. Our installer arrived on time the next day and was very polite and cleaned up after himself! Most importantly, our floors look terrific... he did a great job!

The installation of carpeting by National Floors Direct went very well. The installers were professional, courteous, prompt, and did an excellent job with the installation. The basement looks terrific! The pool table was moved flawlessly and ended up being perfectly level once completed. The installers were also amazed with the end result. So, we are very pleased with the installers representing National Floors Direct, as well as the carpeting we purchased. Thank you very much for your time and attention to our questions and requests.

Factual basis uncertain

I called National Floors Direct for a quote on laminate flooring for 3 rooms and hallway. Met with salesman who measured the areas. After measuring he called his warehouse and gave me a special price which I thought was very good. I signed a contract and installation was scheduled for 2 weeks. I agreed to rip up carpet and furniture to save time and money. Gave salesman a deposit.

A week later salesman calls me and says he made a mistake and didn't measure bedroom (I walked with him during measurements) so that was a stupid thing to say. He said he needed to remeasure and raise the price. I said no and have a contract. He waited a week to tell me this which is past the 3 day cancellation policy. We ended conversation on a bad note and a couple days later customer service called to say they couldn't honor contract and would refund my deposit in 30 days. I am left with rooms of ripped up carpeting, no flooring install and less money that I need for a new vendor. This company is a scammer and I would never ever do business with them. Beware of this company.

Thank you for the time and care that was put into my new floors. My original floors were old, uneven, and installed incorrectly. Everyone was professional and knowledgeable when answering my questions. We are so proud of our new beautiful floors. We look forward to working with National Floors Direct for future projects!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

They were very professional. Daniel Rosenberg the VP paved the way to a smooth installation per the specifications in the contract!! Nice job by the installers too. Way to go team National Floors Direct. Good teamwork and troubleshooting by customer service.

I had an awesome experience with National Floors Direct. The salesperson I dealt with directly showed up promptly and was very professional. He showed me all of my options and educated me on better choices I had available. The install crew was great and was done within an hour. I was impressed how quick they did everything and how awesome the finished product was.

National Floors Direct

Thank you for the great feedback! We are glad you had a wonderful experience and we hope you continue to enjoy your beautiful new floor.

Original review: March 4, 2017

The installers were prompt (early actually) and went right to work. They removed 5 doors and replaced them without a scratch. They were also very friendly and provided information on how to best clean the rug. They cleaned up everything and vacuumed the rug before they left. Very friendly and personable. Not a seam could be seen. My husband who is very meticulous was very pleased with their carpet installation work. Carpet looks great!

Factual basis uncertain

A salesman arrived at my house promising me the world. I had a quote and a carpet from Home Depot for a 24 oz carpet. His quote was twice as much but it was for a 42oz carpet and he could get it installed in two days. No problem he says... We set everything up with him understanding that I had a hard deadline. Miraculously, the day before the carpet was to be installed, I get a call from NFD telling me that a sprinkler system destroyed the carpet I chose and I would have to choose a different one. I called the salesman who told me that the carpet was stuck on a truck somewhere and wasn't in stock (not sure who to believe). He then texted me a sample of a rug that he could replace it with for the same price. It appeared to be of much lower quality. I asked him if it was the same weight as the one I purchased. He never responded. To this day he hasn't responded or picked up the phone when I have called.

I began to get texts from the factory (that were initiated by the woman who told me that the other carpet was ruined by sprinklers). I asked these people if the carpets were 42 oz. They said they were 33oz and that was what was on the slip they received. The salesman (Brian ** of Avon, MA) sold me 42 oz carpet and apparently put in an order for 33 oz carpet. I was told by the person who was texting me that this carpet was of better quality than what the salesman sold me. She needed a response immediately or she wouldn't be able to get the order in. I was desperate due to my deadline so I approved the order. I needed the carpets installed by a certain date.

When they arrived and I felt the carpet, I was disgusted. It felt like a piece or cardboard. Not even close to what I had felt when the salesman was here. I tried calling him again, to no avail. I got another confirmation call from the NFD girl, so I took that opportunity to tell her this whole story. She claimed she understood, apologized profusely, and told me that her manager would call me as soon as she arrived in the office that day. That was 5 days ago. I have not heard a peep from the Manager, I have not heard a peep from the salesman. In addition to all this, the salesman's measurements for my runner were incorrect so the two levels are uneven. Also, they initially bound the runner without cutting it to size first so that the installers (who were the only refreshing part of the process) had to jump through hoops, get the runners back to the factory, and come back first thing the following morning to finish the install.

Long story short, the installers were excellent, the factory was barely adequate, the NFD home office was disappointing and their salesman, Brian **, was absolutely disgusting and in my opinion, criminal. To recap, I was sold a 42 oz carpet and received something that feels no heavier than 24oz. I was told by one person that the carpet I bought was ruined by sprinklers and told by another then it was stuck in a truck somewhere. When I pressed the salesman for an answer on replacement rug quality, he went silent (he was well aware of the fact that I needed my carpets installed by a specific date and was between a rock and a hard place). The carpet that arrived felt to be the same weight as the Home Depot carpet sample that I had and I paid for a carpet almost twice the weight. The salesman measured my runners incorrectly so now I have uneven carpet on one level vs the next.

I was told I would receive a call from a manager to address my concerns and that call never came (you can't get to a specific person at NFD. You get a call center). In addition to the measurements being wrong, the factory didn't even cut the runners to the salesman's measurements and sent them outbound and bigger than my steps. It took a triage effort by the installers to get them in the next morning before my deadline. Salesman Brian ** remains M.I.A. 5 days later. I am sure that I will never hear from him again. Can't help but feel I was a victim of some kind of bait and switch campaign. I hope I am wrong.

National Floors Direct

We appreciate your feedback! We are glad that you are satisfied with our service and hope you enjoy your new floor!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

They came and understood my situation after having Empire put new carpets in 3 years ago. And they all looked like crap. National Direct gave me a very competitive price. And a first rate job. They didn't try to nickel and dime me and they followed thru with all they promised. Great job.

National Floors Direct

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your beautiful new hardwood floor and hope it continues to offer your son health benefits.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

National Floors Direct was the best choice that we made to transform or three bedrooms that had been carpeted for 26 years. The most unhealthy living because my son has asthma. The new hardwood floors are a healthier way to live and look so much nicer. The very talented installation crew that were here were top notch workers, they were skilled and wasted no time on the job. They were very pleasant to have in my home and would highly recommend this company to all.

I like my new hardwood floor, it looks very clean, bright, make the room feeling comfortable to stay longer also walking feeling very smooth. I had wall to wall carpet before, it was hard to clean, now it so easy to clean and match all my other rooms.

National Floors Direct

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a great experience and are satisfied with your new floor. We look forward to servicing you again very soon!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

The flooring we chose was based on not just price, but attitude, value, service after the sale. NFD gave us the best combination of those, and we had a deal. Install went great. Installers were professional and respectful of our belongings. Will absolutely use NFD again.

National Floors Direct

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoy your new floor and look forward to servicing you (and any family or friends) again soon!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Would recommend them to family and friends. Great and friendly people to deal with. Had a problem and could not take delivery when we had it scheduled. No problem. They held on until we were ready. Installers were great and did an awesome job. TY.

National Floors Direct

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoy your new floor and we look forward to servicing you on your next project very soon!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I was very satisfied with my flooring installation. National Floors Direct was on time and clean up after. I will use this company to do my upstairs in the upcoming months. I highly recommend this company. The price was in my price range. Thanks again.

Factual basis uncertain

NEVER use them!!! They subcontract work out. They put gouges in my brand new trim. I've called and sent pictures for 2 weeks. It's a call center so there is no manager to talk to. It's a joke. Now they tell me if I read the contract it states that they don't cover that. I should have known when they only take cash or bank check. When I questioned why I would have to pay cash in case something went wrong. They said "just note it on your receipt and we will fix it". Which is what I did. I noted it on my receipt. Now I have no recourse. Worst company I ever dealt with. My salesman John was awesome. If not for him I never would have went with the company. Hopefully he has the sense to leave that awful company!!!

Factual basis uncertain

We had laminate flooring installed on January 31, 2017 in our very large bedroom. The installers were very courteous and moved right along. After completion we looked around the room and didn't notice any problems, but once we started putting our items back in our room we noticed buckling here and there throughout the floor and damage to our bed that they had moved.

We immediately called NFD main number and also our sales representative, Shannon. Our sales representative never called us back and we have called every day since the installation. The female that answered the main number was very dry and stated that it states on the contract that they aren't responsible for damage to our furniture. Unfortunately it was an area that our sales rep didn't cover with us and it was on the back side of a form that we signed off on (font size is at least 2 sizes smaller). We then asked when they could come out and fix the problem. She set something up for that Thursday.

The installers returned on time on Thursday. They stated that the product was junk and not top of the line like they said it was. They also said that they had problems with the tongue and grove clicking together properly. We immediately got on the phone with the main office to tell her what they had said. She said she needed to speak with the installers first before doing anything.

Fortunately the installers were still at our house and got on the phone right away. We stayed on the phone as well to hear what was being said. The installers just about stated what was wrong before the girl on the phone could say "Oh Ok manufacturers defect!" She called us later that day and said that they would order new flooring and it should be in within a week.

Before leaving the installers gave us one of the planks and the paperwork with the name on it so we could do some research. Since then we have reached out to two contractors and went to Home Depot. All three said that the floor is NOT top quality and that we paid too much. They also said that because of the cheap quality there will be many problems down the road. The type of floor that was installed will also have problems if they didn't level the floor before installing and guess what they didn't level the floor. All three individuals said that they wouldn't have a problem coming forth to speak with NFD on our behalf.

We are not comfortable with them coming back to redo the whole floor. We will have to miss more time from work. If the installers knew that it was poor quality and/or defective they shouldn't have installed it. If we would have known that if they wouldn't be responsible for damage to our furniture, we wouldn't have let them move it. Each one was blaming the other - installers saying it was defective and cheap product and NFD saying the installers shouldn't have installed it if they knew it was defective.

No one has called to apologize or asked what they could do for us. Most of all we are quite disappointed with our sales rep. She spoke so highly about the company. She said that this was top quality materials that you couldn't get at our local hardware store. She said the two owners stood by their products and provided topnotch customer service. No one seems to care!!

Factual basis uncertain

These guys do not leave any sample. Beware! The installers were great, however, the communication and implementation process is horrible. They asked for the check before the carpet was installed. They received it. They removed my carpet and cleaned the floor quite nicely. Good. Then the carpet was unrolled. We saw it and I said to the installers that I thought the carpet color was off color and asked for a sample. They had none. My furniture was moved into the kitchen, so I reluctantly had the carpet installed. I called the company several times to tell them what happened. After repeatedly being treated badly and ignored, they told me if I too bad and if I wanted them to come out to see it, it would cost $150.00. I spent over $4000 with this company and will not use them again.

Factual basis uncertain

Do not use this company. They are a bunch of LIARS and crooks. I requested a quote to have new hardwood floors installed in 3 bedrooms that had old carpet and squeaky floors from old hardwood. When the salespeople, Joel and Jim came to provide the quote they said that when they install the new floors, they will secure the old floors to prevent the squeaks. When the contractors actually came, none of this was communicated to them. After handing off the cashier’s check and giving National Floors Direct $10k worth of business, they had the nerve to tell me that this was not covered and asked me to pay $150 cash out of pocket to the contractors. Don't give them your business. They are rude and just want to nickel and dime you. BEWARE.

Factual basis uncertain

We had Mohawk Smart Strand carpet mistakenly installed by National Floor Direct on 11/30/16 and reported an issue with lines in the carpet in the middle of my living room floor. It has not even been 2 months with a carpet that comes with a 20 yr warranty and we sent in pictures that were immediately declined by National Floors Direct and the manufacturer without even coming out to my house to see the issue in person. The incredibly rude customer service rep Cynthia told me to buy a new vacuum cleaner with a better ball and brush and the problem would fix itself. I asked her to have a manager call and she said too bad for me as the claim was denied and see if the manufacturer could help me with this issue.

I am hoping a company that puts a warranty like that on a product would like to help resolve this problem. National Floor Direct would not even give me a phone # or way to try to get this issue some attention and told me to sue them if I was that upset. No matter what number you call for National Floors Direct it always routes you back to Cynthia who is useless, rude and incredibly unprofessional. Thank you.

National Floors Direct

National Floors Direct installed carpet fort Ms. Morales in 2013. It is now 2017. At no point between the completion of the installation, which she rated as excellent, and this posting did Ms. Morales contact National Floors Direct to discuss the performance of her carpet installation.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I bought some carpeting and hardwood from National Floors Direct and the installers came on time. Carpeting was installed pretty quickly. Of course 13 months later after the carpeting was installed and the warranty expired my carpeting started bulging. As for my hardwood flooring I have two gaps, one on the entry way and the other by closet door. I tried three times to get to them by email with no response. Will never use them again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Jan. 4, 2017

This company called me apologized and has resolved the issue. The work that was done was fabulous except for things that could be expected and as I have noted. John was a great guy to work with. My problem may have been he did not call me back immediately as he had every other time, but he called me shortly after I wrote this review. I revise my opinion and would definitely hire National Floors Direct.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

The reason I am complaining is I had new carpets installed and at a spiral staircase which was supposed to be completely recarpeted. They chose to leave the old carpet in place. They had a few reason why. First the railing was too tight, then they ran out of carpet which was a lie, I just saw them carry some out. Then there are scratches and scruffs they left on the brand new maple hardwood floor when they installed it and now they will not return my call. I never recommend this company ever.

Our in-house consultation with Larry ** was very good. He is very knowledgeable and provided us with the carpet needs for our home. He worked with us to stay within our budget. This was very important to us. We forward to working with Larry on other projects within our home in the future. He is a pleasure to work with.

This evening I met with Larry to discuss options for floor covering. Larry was extremely informative about the products NFD offered for my flooring situation. His calm demeanor allowed me to take my time and consider my options. When I finally decided, the purchase was effortless! And I qualified for 1 full year same as cash financing! Thank you NFD!

First, I must say that I am extremely satisfied with the sales representative, the price, and the product. The installation teams were great and made no mistakes. I got 95 yards of carpet and a 10 X 12 area of vinyl plank flooring. That said, the scheduling people (located in NY) were rude, lied to me several times on the phone, and caused a huge disruption in my schedule. Once they got their money, it seemed that they were not concerned about my satisfaction with the scheduling process or installation.

I was hoping you could tell me who I can complain to regarding the installation schedulers. I am having a terrible time with them. As you know, when you were at the house, we scheduled two crews for this past Saturday. When the scheduler called to confirm the day before (Friday), she said we would receive a call the next morning between 8:30-9am to give us an arrival time. Instead of a call from her the next morning, we got a call from the installers at 7:30am saying that they were outside the house (we were 15 min away, luckily, but were not home). My husband rushed over there, the carpet got installed, the guys did a great job, no problems on that front.

After 10am, I called the scheduler to confirm the second crew, which at that time I was told would be arriving between 12-4. At around 2:30, she called and told me that the second crew would be unable to install the vinyl that day, as they were going to be at their other location until late that evening. I was upset, since we had confirmed the timetable and my husband and I both had to work during the week. I agreed to have them come Tuesday after 3pm (with emphasis on after 3pm so I could get out of work a little early and make it there on time).

Yesterday, Tuesday, I left work early and got there, but since I hadn't heard from them I called to confirm. The scheduler said that she had me down for Wednesday after 3pm not Tuesday (This is a lie. I wrote it down on Saturday as I spoke with the scheduler). I again was upset but said that I would see them the next day (today). The scheduler (not the same one - possibly different ones every time) called at 8am this morning and confirmed - specifically saying AFTER 3PM. I agreed.

Then, at 12:40, she calls saying that they are at my house and no one is there. I said that the agreement was for after 3pm. She tells me that they never promise times or stops (another lie - two of them DID promise after 3pm and one of them was this morning)! She told me that the installers would not wait there until 3pm and would have to reschedule AGAIN. I asked to speak to her supervisor, at which point she said she IS the supervisor (so she has no boss??) and she said she could just CANCEL MY ORDER. What? I can't believe anyone would do business this way when a customer is spending over $6,000.

So supposedly they are coming tomorrow (Thursday after 12pm). Quite honestly, even though we had a great experience with you and the guys who installed the carpet portion of our order, these scheduling issues will make it unlikely that I will order from your company again. Of course they have not offered any compensation for me leaving work and now making arrangements 3 different days to be home during the time we agreed to.

The next day: The scheduler called to confirm that the installer would be there after 12pm. At 4pm, I called to ask if he was still coming. I was told that she would find out where he was and call me back. After an hour, when she hadn't called me back, my husband called and she told him that the installer was ON THE WAY to my house (this turned out to be a lie). The installer called at 6:30pm (after my husband took the entire day off to be there at noon) to say he couldn't make it because he was far away and wasn't done with the job he was on. He asked if he could come tomorrow (Friday) at 8am. So I'm taking tomorrow off and Erik took today off for nothing. No one in charge emailed me or contacted me regarding my email.

We are planning to do the 3 bathrooms, foyer, and laundry room at some point but won't be going with this company again. So crazy how a great customer service experience can turn terrible so quickly. The carpet installers and you were great. The schedulers are rude, unapologetic, and unprofessional. They act like there aren't choices when there are plenty of other companies to get flooring from that don't act like its a privilege to give them your money. I guess our time isn't worth anything since we honored our promise to be home all of these times that they promised they would be here and didn't show up. Erik doesn't get his day off back. Honestly if the movers weren't coming Saturday I would have cancelled. I'll let you know if it finally gets installed.

End result: The second team finally arrived the next morning at 8am and did a great job installing our vinyl plan flooring. This was 6 days after what was promised. I am shocked that the owner nor the district manager did not contact me to follow up. Because of this, though the sales rep was great and so is the product, I will not be using this company for my future flooring needs.

Jon ** was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and attentive to what I was looking for. I am a long time customer and always ask for Jon. He was not pushy and did not try and sell me something I didn't need. He arrived on time. I am very pleased with my carpet.

Thank you for a great experience from the time we met Brian to the time the installers finished. Brian was extremely professional and knowledgeable about the products as well as the procedure.The 2 separate crews that were here that day worked well together. I was surprised they could do it all in one day.

It has been a great experience. John ** was wonderful! He made the experience easy. I would recommend him!! We are happy with the carpet we are getting and the in home experience and convenience of it all. Would definitely recommend this company.

The old kitchen floor was removed and new hardwood, provided by National Floors Direct, was installed on the existing underlayment. The team was on time and did the work according to our agreement. Additionally, we agreed on a separate contract for installing a new carpet on the access stairs. We were happy with the end result.

Very pleasant experience without the high pressure sale. Detailed explanation of product types and several great samples to choose from. I has several rooms to have work done and they are able to accommodate each one. Couldn't be any more convenient with the in-home shopping and the quick installation dates. Highly recommended.

National Floors Direct Company Profile