2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

4.3/5 (238 ratings)

About National Floors Direct

National Floors Direct provides high-quality flooring to suit your specific needs. It offers floor options including laminate, vinyl, carpet and hardwood, as well as next-day installation and financing options.

Top National Floors Direct Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had an awesome experience with National Floors Direct from the sales person all the way through the installation team… The work was completed beautifully and professionally... I...

Verified

National Floors Direct did an amazing job. The staff is great from start to finish. The salesman helped me decide on what was best with no pressures. The installation team arrived...

What is National Floors Direct?

National Floors Direct is a direct-to-consumer flooring and carpeting company. It specializes in retailing top industry brands and offers next-day installation services. It also provides free in-home shopping consultations for potential customers and other no-charge services with each order, such as furniture moving and measuring.

How does National Floors Direct work?

You can order your flooring or carpeting from National Floors Direct’s website or over the phone. This process includes free services such as:

• Premium padding
  • Furniture moving
  • Standard stair work
  • Measuring and layout

National Floors Direct also offers free in-home shopping consultations, where a representative comes to your home with various flooring and carpeting options — this can give you a good idea of how your flooring or carpet selections will look in your home once installed.

National Floors Direct prices

Prices for National Floors Direct’s products and services vary widely based on individual needs and product choices. The company does offer several promotions, such as a $333 deal that includes name-brand carpet, next-day installation and padding for one room.

Additionally, National Floors Direct offers financing options (e.g., one year of no-interest payments) to help offset the initial cost of flooring.

National Floors Direct FAQ

Who owns National Floors Direct?
National Floors Direct was founded in 2005 by the Rosenberg family. The company is still owned and operated by the family today.
Where is National Floors Direct located?
National Floors Direct is headquartered in Avon, Massachusetts. It has several locations around the U.S.
Does National Floors Direct remove old flooring?
Yes. National Floors Direct will remove your old flooring during the installation process. It also assists with moving furniture and taking measurements.
What types of flooring does National Floors Direct offer?
National Floors Direct offers a wide variety of flooring and carpeting options, including vinyl, laminate, hardwood and commercial carpet.

Is National Floors Direct good?

If you’re looking for brand-name flooring or carpeting at an affordable price, National Floors Direct is likely to have what you need. Its customers enjoy next-day installation and financing options; however, though the company offers a wide variety of floor brands and types, it might not be the best fit if you’re looking for a specific flooring or carpeting option.

National Floors Direct Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had a great experience with our carpet installation, we are in the middle of a full home remodel and the team at NFD made the process easy to book, and the process simple to go through. Booking - We booked our appointment online, so it was no hassle. Sales Process - Our salesman was Mike L., and he made it no hassle and streamlined, he answered all of our questions, and was able to make our choices easy to make. Additional sales notes - he made the post process easy, by answering all of our questions in a timely manner and gave us pricing that met our budget and standards.

Installation - completed by a subcontractor, was just as described, they were clean, made no mess and were in and out of our spaces within the time as described to us in the sales process. They made sure to check in with us on our selection and left no mess. Post process easy and quick. I would definitely recommend to a friend, and already have. We have been provided a gift card for our honest review.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I had just bought a new home and wanted new luxury vinyl flooring for my kitchen. After seeing ads on tv and researching many positive reviews online, I decided to call National Floors Direct. Not long after my call, a friendly representative went to my home to do measurements and give gave me my “free estimate” as mentioned. He helped me make my decision easy and quick! I was not in a rush to get my floors done immediately, so I arranged for them to be installed a few weeks after the estimate and contract were completed.

Two men arrived on installation day and worked diligently not minding a few onlookers as they worked! The work that was done clearly showed they were professionals, starting and completing my floors assuring that the areas they used to cut and measure were completely clean and vacuumed prior to leaving! I have already suggested this company to a coworker! I am very satisfied with National Floors direct and their EXCELLENT customer service from my initial phone call to the completion of my beautiful kitchen floor. Thank you so much National Floors Direct!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Our Sale Representative visited our home at a time that was convenient for us which was a plus. When he arrived, he had several different choices of carpets for us in many designs and prices. We were able to select a carpet that we loved at a price that met our budget. We were able to again, schedule an installation date that met our needs. The two installers that were scheduled to install the carpet came right on time and they first checked with us to ensure we had the correct carpet.

The installers were very skilled and took the time to make sure we were happy with how the carpet was going to be installed. You could tell from the beginning that they wanted to make sure we were satisfied with their work. They were extremely efficient and neat and once complete with the project you could tell that they took pride in their work. We were very happy with the carpet and installation. We highly recommend this company and their sales people and installers. Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I can't say enough about my experience with National Floors Direct. It was wonderful from beginning to end. I was able to get an appointment right away with an associate who was prompt, professional and didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. She was extremely patient with me as well. I needed an install asap due to a furniture delivery and they worked with me to get the old rug out and the new rug installed (with clean up) all before 9 am when the bed got delivered. Everything was seamless and I was always kept up to date with what was going on and when. I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review but honestly I would have written it without one. I would highly recommend NFD to anyone looking for new flooring or carpet. I'll definitely have them back to my house in the future.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

To National Floors Direct. On 11/13/2020, I had the opportunity to meet with Margret **, one of your Sales Professionals. Margret arrived at my home on time, introduced herself, and then she provided a background about the company. She measured for carpet and vinyl flooring and proceeded to show me samples. I was very satisfied with the products she shown to my wife and myself and it did not take us long to pick out what we wanted. She figured out a the price, contacted the office and came within our budget.

Margret was extremely professional at all time and a delightful person to work with. She knew the product, pricing, and answered all questions. I would also like to say that I had another vendor at my home on Wednesday and we we were thinking of going with this company but Margret's knowledge and salesmanship easily persuaded us to go with National Floors direct. The installation was flawless and the installers were prompt, clean, and left the job immaculate. Customer Service also receives 5 stars from me as they constantly stayed in touch with me through the process and installation.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

We had a really great experience with National Floors Direct. Signing up for an appointment was really simple and the salesperson was thorough and patient with our questions. We were able to find a carpet that met our budget and the salesperson was not pushy about the sale. The installers showed up within the arrival window on the date of installation and were finished within a few hours. We are satisfied with the process and would definitely recommend National Floors Direct! I do have to say that National Floors Direct provided a gift card for taking the time to post an honest review.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Our experience was top-notch, from the free estimate all the way through the installation. Communication before the installation was great and the workers were on time and polite and professional. We could not be happier and will certainly recommend NFD to all of our friends. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

What a great experience. Neil, our representative, was very knowledgeable and took the time to show us all the samples and help us pick out what would be best for our rooms. When the installers (for rug and laminate floor) came they were on time, professional and quick! They did my whole basement (almost 1000 sq feet) and my den with laminate flooring. I also had rug installed on the basement stairs. They were able to remove my old carpet and install all the new products in less than 6 hours. We love our new flooring and carpet. I received a gift card for my time in posting this honest review. Lisa and Robert

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Had a fantastic experience having flooring installed. Both the salesman and installers were great to work with. Also I was impressed with how fast I was able to have floors installed. Salesman came on wednesday and they installed on saturday. The work was great. They cleaned everything up after themselves. I am just so glad how fast it was done and glad to have all the carpet gone.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

National Floors Direct is a great company. They came on time, they did the job and they did the job correctly. I highly recommend national floors direct for your floor needs. They installed a rug in my basement and we are down there almost every night.

National Floors Direct Company Information