4.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

National Floors Direct

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2017

186 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We had a great experience with National Floors Direct from start to finish. Brian, the sales rep came to our house at 6pm on a Friday, because that was the best time for us. He showed us samples, measured the rooms and worked hard to get us the best carpet and price possible within our budget. He even took a call over the weekend to answer a few of my questions. We tried and failed to have three other companies beat the quote National Floors Direct gave, we didn't save the extra 15%, but we saved hundreds overall. The installers were on time, courteous and hard workers. Our new house looks great with the 30 year old rose carpets gone and brand new tan installed. I'll have no problem letting our new baby crawl and learn to walk on our new, clean, safe and stain resistant carpets! Thank you, Brian and National Floors Direct, we couldn't be happier!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We had a great experience from start to finish. Everyone we came in contact with were pleasant, knowledgeable and friendly. The sales rep and installers were both on time and very pleasant. We love our new carpeting and will be using in the future.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The installers were courteous and professional. I was amazed at how quickly they removed the old carpet and installed the new one. It looks very professional and clean and neat. No loose ends or bowing or anything. After they did the install they helped to return some of the items taken out of the rooms and then vacuumed and cleaned the new carpets before they left. All in all my wife and I are very pleased with our new carpet installation. National Floors Direct has made me a believer. Great flooring at a fair price installed quickly and professionally. Thanks again Wayne for helping us take care of this project.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Yes the service was great. The workers showed up on time, made no mess, and finished way ahead of schedule. The materials are top quality and look great. The salesman even called the day after to see if I was happy with the project. I would absolutely refer National Floors Direct to anyone who might be interested.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am a private consumer. I contracted with National Floors Direct to install hardwood floors in two rooms of my home. Working with National Floors Direct was a pleasure. They were punctual, polite and professional. A day after the work was completed, I received a phone call to make sure I was pleased. I would definitely recommend National Floors Direct to other consumers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

My experience at National Floors Direct has been wonderful. Service was fast, people were courteous and my carpets look and feel great. National Floors Direct was the only company that could install my carpets in short period of time. Other companies required a week waiting period before someone would come and measure the rooms and another few weeks to a month before installation. I was happy to be able to move in without the stress of having to wait for my new carpets. My office and guest bedroom now look and feel inviting and comfortable. I would highly recommend doing business with National Floors Direct. I will contact them again for my master bedroom and stairs once we're done with home improvement projects.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

National Floors Direct was a true pleasure to work with. We scheduled an estimate and they came out within the week. Our salesman was very personable and was a lot of help choosing the right flooring for our home. He went over the benefits to each flooring type and really spent the time to get to know us. Once we picked our floor and got the paperwork squared away we picked a date for installation. Our salesman went through the whole process with us so we would know what to expect. The installation crew was on time and very friendly. They had the entire floor done in just one day. They did a fantastic job. We requested different baseboard for different areas of the house and they listened and got everything just right. National Floors Direct was a great option and we will definitely recommend them to anyone we know. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

When I first saw the ad for 3 rooms for $888.00 I was somewhat skeptical. It seemed too good to be true. But when John the salesman came out to meet me at my house he was very professional and reassuring. He did an awesome presentation of the choices I had and did not attempt to pressure me in any way. After finalizing the deal and setting the date I was looking forward to having my new carpets installed. When the installers arrived they were very courteous and professional as well. They did an outstanding job and were exceptional at cleaning up after themselves! After all is said and done I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to have new carpets installed. And with a 10 year warranty how can you go wrong?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Pleasant experience from beginning to end with NFD. Would use them for future flooring needs and recommend to family/friends! Hard working gentlemen, very professional and punctual. Cleaned up after job was done. Completely worry-free experience we had with NFD.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I am very happy with the look of my new house with the carpet that National Floors Direct installed. The salesperson and installers both drove over two hours to get to me and both were right on time. I would recommend this company to friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We used National Floors Direct for some carpet in our home. We had a great experience and would definitely use you again. The guys showed up before they were supposed to arrive and was very nice to work with. Before they started they had me check the carpet in the van to make sure it was the correct color. They removed the old carpet and pad and then installed the new pad and carpet and it looks marvelous. It really was a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My experience with National Floors Direct has been a positive one. I am very impressed on the timing it took them to do two rooms in such a short time. They were very professional and looking forward to booking them to install the other rooms in my home.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Company stated they do not come to the house, only a picture. I contacted them three different times. The salesperson stated she was very sorry and some of her other clients were unhappy. The company has only been in New Jersey for a few months and gives very poor Service. The installer came by himself and couldn't even take a break. We gave him lunch. When he left the carpet was fine, but the next day seams started popping up. I would not recommend them. They refuse to fix all the seams or even come out to see the seams in person.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Do not use National Floors Direct. I had carpet installed at my father's house while he was in rehab. It was a nightmare! First of all, they tell you that they will only accept a bank check - no credit cards. I got a check from my credit union and had it made out to National Floors. The day of installation, they would not take the check. They said my credit union was not a bank. I had to go out and get them a $1,710 cash (the total cost for carpeting one large room) before they would start working. Secondly, after a couple weeks there was a large tear in a seam. When I called and asked to have it repaired, I got nothing but headaches. They tried to blame the tear on my father's wheelchair. Originally, I told the salesman that when my father gets home from rehab he will be in a wheelchair. I requested the best rug for wheelchairs.

They changed their email address a couple times. They use: installation@nationalfloorsdirect, service@nationalfloorsdirect, WeListen@NationalFloorsDirect.com, NationalFloorsDirect.com, nationalfloorsdirect.com. Whichever address you use, they will tell you that it is the wrong one - that is why they did not respond. I sent them photos of the torn rug and I received a phone confirmation that the email was received and everything would be taken care of.

I called back a week later and was told there was no record of my repair request. This happened several times. Each time I called they said they had no record of me. After about ten phone calls and ten emails, I was finally able to get a repair scheduled (over about six weeks’ time of being told- in another week). They did not show up. I called again and made a new appointment and they did arrive this time. The seam/ tear is still very visible. The workers who come to the home, work very hard and are polite. The customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

As a business owner myself, I hate writing negative reviews since I understand the gravitational impact of a one-star review. But in this case, I feel I have no choice. National Floors Direct hands down has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my lifetime from any company on this planet. They canceled 2 installations a few minutes before the scheduled install time. They were a complete no-show for the 3rd scheduled install between 9 am and 12 pm. After a dozen ignored phone calls, a couple of rude agents, and a few hung calls later, they finally updated me at 4 pm that their van got towed. They said they were doing me a "favor" by not making me pay for their van tow charges. I still can't believe they would blame the customer for their car troubles. There was no sincere apology.

Every conversation was somehow trying to steer the blame towards me for expecting them to actually honor their installation appointment, as if I was asking for too much. All I wanted them to do was to actually show up and install the carpet. They are refusing to refund me my $500 deposit, and are forcing me to schedule a 4th installation date. Sorry but 3 strikes and you're out. I have no faith that the 4th installation date will actually be honored. After reading additional reviews about their other locations on Yelp, this is actually a common practice by the company.

National Floors Direct regularly tends not show up to jobs or tends to leave jobs incomplete. I wish I had read more reviews about them on Yelp before I paid them. In addition, they usually don't do the flooring and installation themselves. They usually subcontract out the entire job to a third party, and simply act as a middle-man for sales and payment. Stay as far away from this company as you can if you want to avoid unnecessary stress with your flooring. Life is way too short to deal with such unprofessional and disrespectful behavior. Choose a real company that actually does the work themselves, actually shows up to appointments, and actually guarantees their work. National Floors Direct is a joke.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We are a repeat customer. We called National Floors Direct for a sales representative to come out to our home and show us samples of products offered. The schedule went smoothly. We could schedule in the morning, afternoon, or evening whatever day or time was convenient for us. Sales representative Brian ** came out within the time frame agreed upon. Brian was patient, professional, and present to our needs. His patience was exemplary in that my wife had second thought on color for the rug and called Brian back to our home. Brian did not hesitate to return. The installers had a two man team, Angel an installer did a fine job and answered any questions we had about rug care. Try National Floors Direct for yourselves.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was very pleased with my experience with National Floors. The salesperson was prompt and personable and worked with me to get the product I wanted at a decent price. Scheduling was easy. Due to the hurricanes in Florida, my carpet shipment was delayed but National accommodated me as soon as it was available. The installers were prompt, professional and nice. The carpet looks great. I was nervous about paying them with a bank check before the job could start, but my worry was for nothing. I was very pleased with my experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I couldn't be more pleased with my carpets installed by National Floors Direct. The initial salesman spent a great deal of time with us showing us the various options that would suit our needs. I was given an installation date that worked around my schedule and the installers arrived right on time. They were professional, courteous and very neat. The carpets look amazing and the price was right! I would recommend National Floors Direct to all my friends and neighbors.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

NFD removed our old carpeting and installed new hardwood flooring on our staircase. The quality is excellent and the installation is superb. The new riders look amazing. This company takes a lot of pride in their work and I would recommend using them again. Prices were competitive too. They were neat and clean and courteous in my home.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I would like to thank you and the people at National Floors Direct for your outstanding service and delivery of the quality product. From the time of appointment to completion, National floors made our carpet purchase very stress free and easy. The Salesman was very nice and helpful, and your installation team was truly outstanding. They did such a great job and moved all my furniture around to get the job done to perfection. We thank you and highly recommend your company to others!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I am very pleased with my carpet installation. The installers were on time, professional and polite. They removed my old carpets and installed new ones in only a few hours. Both rooms look great! I would recommend National Floors Direct to anyone looking for quality carpet installation.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Laminate Flooring - I have used National Floors Direct many times and they have been amazing every time! Their reps have all been professional and helpful. Their installers have always done a great job. They leave the place neat and clean. Their prices are fair and their work is top notch. I will be using NFD again!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised by the professional way each and everyone associated with company was. From the customer service person, salesman and the installers. I could not have felt more at ease with the carpet install. I would definitely use National Floors in the future.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

National Floors Direct is an excellent company. Friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and clean. We had our carpet removed and replaced with wood flooring. It was an all around great experience and we will enjoy our new floors for many years to come!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My family had an extremely positive experience with National Floors Direct. We were seeking new carpet on the second floor of our home, and the salesman came out at our convenience (on a Saturday) to show us several options and make recommendations about what would best fit our needs. We also felt like National Floors Direct did the best job of all those we considered in ensuring we would get value for our money. The installers were friendly, professional and showed tremendous care while in our home. My wife and daughters and I have been enjoying the new carpet. We would definitely recommend National Floors Direct to any friends or family who were in the market for new carpeting for their home.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The service we received from National Floors Direct was great! With the free in home estimate we were thankfully guided into making a completely different flooring choice. I'm glad we did because we are very happy with our new rugs! Even the staircase was done well with the rug cut perfectly around each railing piece. After the free estimate the whole job was complete in under two weeks. We were relieved that the workers were able to even move the furniture for us. Great, quick, affordable experience. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

It was really a pleasure working with National Floors Direct. You guys made my flooring job such a wonderful experience!! It started with the house visit by a professional representative just 24 hours after requesting an appointment. John was helpful, honest and professional. He guide us to pick the carpet we need at an affordable price and he worked to beat all the competitors' quotes. We were given an appointment in one week and indeed the guys showed in as promised and did their job professionally and quickly. I would recommend your company to any friend in need of a new flooring as you made my job so easy. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

National Floors Direct was Very professional. They worked with me to meet my budget and made sure it was top quality. They were on time and always called in preparation of arrival. The installers were quick and did a top notch job. I was very happy with my experience. Will call them my next flooring job.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

So my experience with National Floors Direct was definitely a positive one. We had both of our stairs and hallway rugged. From the beginning with the free estimate our salesman was spot on. He helped get us the best price possible. We scheduled the install for like the next week which I was happy about because I wanted it done asap. The customer service dept was courteous when they called to discuss the financials and confirm the install. Then on the install day the guys were behind great. They tore up the old stuff and removed it. That was wonderful! They made my house look fresh! And they even cleaned up when they finished. Overall I recommend this company for all your flooring needs.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

We have worked with National Floors Direct twice before and we always had a great experience... and this time it exceeded our expectations. Our installer worked on his own because his partner was injured during their previous job. Yet, he never rushed and was very detailed. The result was phenomenal and my bedroom looks amazing!!! Thank you!

National Floors Direct Company Information