Call toll free
4.14/5
Based on 222 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

363 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

The workers worked tirelessly and did a fantastic job. My sister and I are very happy with our hardwood floors and also with our Berber carpet. The workers, Adriano ** and his co-worker, Samuel, are very hard workers and I highly recommend them. If I need floor work in the future, I would definitely use National Floors Direct. Unfortunately, I did not get the name of the young man who installed our carpet, but he too, worked tirelessly and did a fantastic job.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018 The crew was on time and waited patiently for me to arrive as I was not at the property when they first arrived. They had all of their material off-loaded prior to my arrival so as soon as we were in the house, they quickly started working. They confirmed the carpeting choices and locations upon arrival, which was great. I was able to leave the property while they worked and they called me when they were wrapping up so I could come back. They had no issues through the installation, so it was a good experience. They walked through the final install with me and everything looked good. They had all of the scrap material/tools cleared out of the house before we walked through, which was very professional. They had extra material and offered to install in another room if I wanted, which was a nice offer.

They worked quickly and without any issue and it was a generally positive experience.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Our National Floors experience was positive from beginning to end. We had 4 different companies come to measure and discuss their products/services, but we ended up choosing National Floors Direct for the overall experience of choosing carpet/hardwood and in conversation with the knowledgeable representative. We had a representative come to our home, measure, and offer us your services on Saturday 6/16/18. Through the thorough explanations of the products and installation, we chose a hardwood and carpet to be installed by NFD. The best part was that we scheduled the installation for 7 days later! We received an automated call telling us 12-4 would be the time, but they showed up at 10 am to start the hardwoods. Then, the carpet installers came a few hours later. All floors were done by 4:30 that afternoon, and we couldn't be happier with the quality and price. Thanks for making our home look stunning!

Original review: June 20, 2018

NFD was without a doubt a great experience. They were easy fast and the room looks great. They took care of all of my needs. I couldn't have been happier with the services from the beginning to the end. The price they gave was better than the competition and when they came to install the carpet they were early and completed the task at a rapid pace. Also they cleaned up after themselves. It was like they weren't even there.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This company is not good. I explained to the salesman John **, I was looking at three quotes for my flooring Job in my home. They were first apt on the same day. John appeared to be nice guy with good personality and showed me several carpets that might do what I needed, he showed me a vinyl flooring product as well. The carpet I chose was thin and very stiff. He told me it would soften up when the padding was under it. The vinyl flooring material I choose was out of stock so I had to decide on another product if I wanted delivery in ten days. The reason I'm telling you this is because they suggest a price comparison guarantee for fifteen percent off and no deal was on until after my three day right to rescind was up. So it was no brainer. I could cancel the deal if I liked the other companies product better. Having not seen it yet I gave the guy two checks for a deposit on the flooring 30% down.

Any way... Empire flooring arrived two hours later and right on time. They showed me a product that was far superior than the National Floors Direct carpet and their vinyl floor product was also a better product. I then changed my mind and went with Empire. I called John ** on his cell phone and informed him of my decision to not used National Floors Direct. I explained the product was just flat out better...and without even trying Empire was less expensive by $200.00. I asked John ** if I had to put stop payment on my checks or would he just rip up the checks or mail them back. He said he would. WELL two days later the checks hit the bank deposited. Luckily I had moved the money back to my savings account and the checks were returned unpaid. John Lied to me when he told me to call the company and cancel my order and he would back it up.

I did call the company. Mind you not two hours after I made the original deal and they in their customer support system said email them the quote and they would match it and give me 15% off. I emailed them and told them not to worry as I wasn't going with National because the product that Empire had was so much better. And I didn't want the other product they were selling. The snippy girl on the phone said someone will get back to me. They didn't. So my bank account I wrote the checks on is overdrafted... I should have put stop payment on the two checks. When I called John ** back at ** the real Jerk told me he couldn't just rip up the checks. He was really a jerk. And I told him I would be online reporting him and his company. If you're considering flooring I suggest you contact Empire as they at least are professional.

Updated on 06/201/2018: In my ongoing dispute with this company I spoke with Chris the main customer support associate at their main office in NY... another weasel. I ordered the job thinking it would be ok if I canceled in the three business days that followed just as the salesman lying through his teeth stated. As my previous review stated I told them I was also looking at others. The salesman John ** to be exact was very inefficient in explaining the agreement we were making. It appears line 21 of the checklist in which you initial, states if you want emergency service and delivery of your order in ten days you waive the right to rescind the agreement. So I ordered June 14th with a delivery date of June 29th.

Clearly not in the context of an emergency install. Well clearly there are more than ten days between order and delivery. Well Chris the head skunk says nothing he can do. The order is a contract and they're considering the 10 days in business days which does not include weekends... very frustrating. So they have my deposit. They refuse to return it. They are threatening to make me fulfill the contract as they think I waived my right to rescind. I did not. Exclusively I called the company the day I ordered it and explained. Flat out the product from Empire was better and cheaper. They offered to compare the quotes and give me 15% price lower than Empire.

I sent them the quote. No response. Finally I get a call from Samantha. And she says the quote from Empire was not the same materials as they were providing. And I said, "I know. They were better". So she refused to acknowledge this and totally blew off the price guarantee they advertise... saying Empire makes their own carpet and is not name brand and the carpet they were to provide was better. I disagreed. Overall this company NATIONAL FLOORS DIRECT is totally bogus, their customer relation skills are atrocious. They will take your money, with complete disregard for your rights as consumer and as the salesman is a jerk. JOHN **. Big heavyset dude. If he shows up on your doorstep forget about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: June 18, 2018

Go anywhere but here for your flooring... From appointments being rescheduled to technicians being late to the job not being finished on time to the bad workmanship... All of it was a bad experience. They came out the middle of May and didn't finish, saying that they ran out of flooring. Took them 2 weeks to come back and the job is still not finished. They knocked my mailbox over with their van, and they broke my glass candle holder in the living room leaving the pieces on a bureau, thinking I wouldn't notice!

The moldings are done incorrectly and the sticker barcodes were left on them. There's a piece of the floor missing, and pieces of the floor sticking up that were installed improperly. I called after the installation to let them know I was not satisfied and they refused to fix any of it, they ignore my phone calls, and they tell me there's nothing I can do about it. They made me send countless pictures and still refuse to help. I have those pictures and will be bringing them to a lawyer if something isn't done. I already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, next is the Attorney General. They still have not fixed it and have not refunded my money.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It all started with viewing your TV Commercial. That is what prompted us to call for an estimate. Once the salesmen came he was very well versed and offered an Array of choices. I knew within the 1st 15 minutes what flooring & carpet we would choose. Then we booked the job and prepared. The men came on Friday JUNE 8th at 11am and stayed till 8pm (9 hours). Saturday they were back at 9am and finished the job at 3:30 (6&1/2 hours). They did a WONDERFUL Job. Very clean respectful and professional. My neighbors LOVE my new flooring (I live in a gated community in Melville NY) and I believe you will get some business from it. Thanks again National Floors Direct!

Original review: June 14, 2018

National Floors Direct was a great experience from start to finish. The website was easy to navigate and making a FREE appointment was hassle free. I received a call from a customer service representative within minutes and the company worked around my schedule. The contractor who came out and measured the space was super pleasurable and really considered my personal needs. He helped us stay on budget and find a floor that would last. The gentlemen that came out and installed the floor were gentle in our home and even left the room better than they found it! Since the installation we can’t stop walking in the room just to admire what a beautiful job was done. I am so thankful we chose National Floors Direct for this project, they do not disappoint! We will be sure to use them for future projects and spread the word about our positive experience.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We were very pleased with the service. The salesperson was polite and very helpful. He helped us pick out the perfect carpet to prepare our home for sale. The installers worked hard and the carpet looks great. They picked up when they were done and moved the furniture back into position.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2018

I have so far had a terrible experience with National Floors Direct and would urge you to steer clear. After a sales rep came out to measure and prepare a quote, I agreed to hire them to install a runner on my stairs. Installer arrived at 3 PM today (for a 9-12 window for the installation of the runner) and said he was there only to remeasure since he needed to bind the runner, collect money (cash payment only!) for the job, and then return later to install it, up to 10 days later! None of this was explained to me by the sales representative who came to do the initial measure, which was apparently incorrect anyway.

The installation tech pointed out that the salesperson's measure had not taken into account that when replacing a runner you need to add an inch to cover any lines left by previous carpet. He was reluctant to proceed with any work due to the mistakes already made on the order. I have lost faith in the ability of National Floors Direct to carry out this job in a professional manner, particularly since it involves a steep staircase and could be a safety hazard if done incorrectly.

I called customer service to state that I would like to cancel my order, having missed a day of work for what even the person who confirmed the installation appointment was calling an installation but that later turned out to be a remeasure. I was informed, between being put on hold and disconnected several times in a rude way, that "cancelling is not an option" and that "I can't cancel because I signed the form." I was not provided with a copy of the information about any ten day wait period. I had been given a barrage of papers to sign very quickly, so much so that I had not even initialed any of the items on the installation form (which apparently was scanned into my order to be used by NFD later against me but not given to me at the appointment). I believe this not only shows the high pressure tactics used at the sales meeting, but also invalidates that part of the contract.

Furthermore, no one informed me that my installation appointment was not an installation appointment, even the person who called me to make sure I would be home for my installation and to make sure I would have cash to pay once the installation was complete. I am very unhappy with National Floors Direct and believe I am due a refund of my deposit due to their unprofessional sales tactics, poor communication, poor quality measurements, and lack of oversight of their employees. I have spoken to several people in their customer service department to no avail. I found this company to work on high pressure tactics that waste your time with an extended sales pitch and then rush you through the paperwork after wearing you out with all the sales talk.

National Floors Direct response

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We will be in touch with you directly shortly.

Original review: June 11, 2018

You guys are much easier to deal with ten the other major floor covering company. You deliver what you promised, unlike the competitor who gave me such a hard time. Was kept informed of installation date and time as order progressed. Workers were kind and courteous. Workers were very neat and cleaned everything up after themselves. Although the weather was bad outside, they took care to clean up after themselves with wet shoes. Salesman was very knowledgeable and took his time in allowing me to make my choice of material. Salesman is someone I would look forward to working with again and he explained everything clear and concise. Overall experience with this company was positive from the time I picked up the phone to call you guys until the installers completed their job.

Original review: June 10, 2018

National Floors Direct is a professional, top grade business from start to finish. Christina, our sales person, was smart, professional, and helped guide our decision without pressure. She was a delight to work with. The installers arrived on time and finished in the time frame they gave us. The installers were efficient and clearly communicated what would happen and how they would install the wood floor. They consulted as needed and worked steadily through the morning. National Floors Direct installed a quality wood floor that is durable and beautiful to look at. We selected the Armstrong Franklin Park Red Oak, and what an amazing difference to the layout and structure of this bedroom. We would highly recommend National Floors Direct to our family, friends and anyone looking for high quality flooring sold, delivered, and installed by true professionals.

Original review: June 10, 2018

On my previous experience installing floor on my other apartment was a nightmare. They destroyed the baseboards and made holes on the walls. They even spill coffee on the brand new carpet. I ended paying a person to fix what they destroyed. This time I was a little bit afraid that the same thing happen. But the person that came to do the estimated made me felt more secure to go ahead with the project. The installation was completed on time. The installers were really friendly. Even with the language barrier (I speak English and Spanish, they speak Portuguese) they understand all my requests. I had a wonderful experience using your company. You made my home more beautiful. I start to recommend your company to my friends and family. On my next floor project for sure I will use your services. I'm really happy with the results.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2018

Do not use this company! From the start this was a bad experience, they cancelled on me the first time. Very unreliable, they lie to you, their installer broke my furniture, I called them to report it. They told me send them pics, no one got back to me when I called back. They said they are not responsible. The "supervisor" was nasty and told me she didn't have to help me cause they already "sold" me.

National Floors Direct response

Hi Marlene - we appreciate the opportunity to address your situation and would like to help with a resolution. We will contact you privately.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I received excellent price and service, due to a snowstorm they were very accommodating in rescheduling my (carpet) installation. They did a great job, on time, meet, clean and very curious. I would recommend National Floors Direct.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had the greatest experience ever. Salesperson very professional. On time is a major plus. Answered every question. High quality for great prices. They offer really good deals. The set up was quick. Workers installed my floors in no time. And we’re very polite. Definitely highly recommended.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Very disappointed with the NFD customer service. I am a first time home buyer and felt very pressured by the sales rep that was sent to sell floors to me. Out of pressure I signed a contract and placed a deposit for the floor. I changed my mind and called the next day to cancel the order. The Customer Service Rep told me he would send a cancellation initiation to the order department and that I could only mail a letter requesting a cancellation. The company won't accept fax or email. He told me as long as my letter was postmarked within the three day cancellation period they would honor the cancellation. They received it the day after and refused to cancel the order, threatened to send me to collections and told me they have no record of my phone call to customer service. They were rude and lacked empathy and people skills.

National Floors Direct response

Hi Victoria, at National Floors Direct the cancellation policy is adhered to 100%. Your purchase certifies that you were left with a notice of cancellation along with your purchase order at the time of sale. National Floors Direct did not and still has not received your noticed of cancellation; however, your order has been cancelled.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Our experience with National Floors Direct was a very positive experience from beginning to end. The salesman Rich, came out to our house and showed us all the samples of floors and rugs. He was pleasant and knew his stuff! And then when the installer came, he was so quick and efficient. He cleaned up and was friendly. Thank you for doing good business NFD! We would definitely choose your company again in the future!! Also the quality of the rugs were great. They are plush and sturdy. And love the selection of colors!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Overall my dealings with NFD were positive. Starting with the salesman who showed me the samples. He didn't try to sell me on any particular flooring. He was up to date with the different flooring and their pros and cons. The installers showed up on time and were professional. Right from the start they told me what they were going to do and if I had any questions. When they were finished, they cleaned the entire area. Before they left, they showed me the floor and asked if I had any concerns. I would use nfd again for my flooring needs.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I used the online request for a free quote and less than 24 hours received a callback. I was able to schedule an appointment at my convenience. NFD was the third company to come to my house. I was pleased with the NFD sales rep, Jason. He was personable and reviewed options and prices with me. I never felt pressured to make a decision.

Shortly after he left I received a call from one of the other companies with a much lower quote. When Jason's manager called to follow up on the visit I mentioned that to him. He authorized Jason to come back to my house and offer the same quote. My decision to go with NFD simply came down to the sales rep Jason. It's important to have the right people meeting with potential clients and I feel Jason was the right person and represented NFD well.

Original review: June 4, 2018

National Floors Direct is the worst company. They did a bait and switch with us. When I asked the salesman if formaldehyde was in their product he told me no. When I looked at the box that the installer happened to leave behind I saw a big warning sign that the floor that we had just installed in our home contained formaldehyde and was very bad for people with asthma to be around. I called the company and they basically told us we were stuck with it and that the salesman should not have lied to us. I was not able to make an informed decision about what was installed in my home since I was not told the truth. According to the Attorney General's office they have many complaints about this company. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We were very satisfied with our experience. The original salesman who measured and quoted was very clear and knowledgeable. The installer was timely and polite. He worked extremely hard the entire time he was there. The carpet looks great and he cleaned up after the job as well. It was scheduled to rain so he worked quickly to get the carpet cut and inside. I would recommend to others.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I made the unfortunate choice of using National Floors Direct to get hardwood and carpet installed in my new home. NFD works very hard to hide as much of the cost details as they can, so Customer Service can say literally anything to block you from a resolution. Everyone you speak with will have a different answer for you as to what you paid for and how much it costs, what is included and what is extra - completely depending on which answer shuts you down faster. And since the forms they give you apparently don't look anything like the forms they have on their side, you have no paper trail to point to.

We have been contacting NFD for weeks trying to get a resolution because they never installed the wallboard in our carpeted rooms. On the first call, we were told that the wallboard we installed in the hardwood rooms was an UPGRADE that we unknowingly paid for and we would need to pay to get the carpeted rooms to match. On the next call, I reminded them the back of the contract says there is wallboard included, and we didn't even get THAT. They said send pictures and they'd call back (they didn't). On the next call, they said we could have all the free wallboard we wanted, but it would be extra for the upgraded stuff.

Finally, I got all the way to management and demanded either a refund for the upgrade I didn't know they charged me for, or a free install of the matching wallboard. Management said the contract IMPLIES that wallboard is included only where it's applicable and it's not applicable in carpeted rooms. He also told me that I didn't pay for the upgraded wallboard, it was included free of charge. This is a direct contradiction to what I'd been told previously by two other employees, but they have a hidden the paper trail that I can't reference. I asked for a way to file a formal complaint and he told me "if I wanted to keep complaining, I could figure it out myself." I tried to get through to someone else through their Facebook team, email, and website contact, but I've been blocked or ignored at every point. (Literally blocked in the case of FB.) There appears to be an "ignore" flag on my name and orders.

Since NFD told us the wallboard was included in the price, we tossed the old wallboard when we refinished the room so all the new wallboard would be matching. My newly "refinished" bedroom is now UNfinished and I'm going to be out of pocket ANOTHER 400.00 to complete it. From the get-go it was a bad experience, high pressure sales techniques and promises that just weren't true, an installation team who was more interested in speed than quality, who argued with me about the entrance I asked them to use and then threw the old carpeting out my window and onto my garden causing damage because I didn't want them to use the front entryway which we'd just finished.

They also sent me on an errand to Home Depot, and never bothered to ask us which direction we wanted the floor laid (Hint: not the way it's laid), and my contractor (and my father who used to be a contractor) says the quality of their work is really below par. By the way, NFD has you fill out the customer survey ABOUT the installation team while they watch, and you have to hand it to them! So good luck if you hate conflict.

Original review: June 1, 2018

National Floors Direct delivered exactly what they promised! My family and I can actually enjoy our new living space. Very convenient service and great communication throughout the process. Friendly and professional staff. They easily accommodated a schedule change when out renovation project fell behind schedule. Installers were efficient. They cleared up all the debris and left my home clean after the install. The entire process was seamless! Thank you National Floors Direct.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The guys did a great job on our floor. The salesman Mike set us up with a reasonable price and didn't make us wait long for our installation date and also he was very friendly. The workers showed up on time and made sure they tightened everything down and made sure the job was done correctly while also taking care of my appliances with care. I am very happy with the service provided.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I recently reached out to National Floors Direct for an estimate to rip out a stained section of carpet and replace with hardwood on my second-floor hallway. A salesperson came to my house within 2 days with some samples and went over the process with me. She then offered me 3 quotes; the cheapest quote if I were to book on the spot. This was the second company I had come to quote for this project, and it was slightly less than the first company and the floor sample matched my existing wood better, in my opinion. So I booked NFD and they scheduled the install for approximately a week later. The installer arrived on time, completed the job satisfactorily, and swept up after himself, as well as removed the old carpeting. The entire process took about a week from start to finish. I’m pleased with the results so far, and hope the flooring lasts a long time to come.

Original review: May 30, 2018

National Floors Direct worked with me to get the best price for my new carpet. They were always on time, professional, and efficient. Install was a dream. They really did a beautiful job. I would highly recommend National Floors Direct.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We had the most amazing experience with National Floors Direct. It was super easy from our great salesman coming to our home at our convenience to having to change our install date. The installers were super. They were on time and cleaned up everything. The carpets were just as we expected! This is our second time using National Floors Direct and we would use them again!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I scheduled an appointment with National Floors Direct through their website on Saturday morning. Within the hour someone called me back to schedule the in-home consultation that afternoon. The process was quick and easy. There was a wide variety of colors and textures to choose from and we placed a deposit right away. An appointment was scheduled for the following Tuesday to have the carpet installed. The installation went well-- two of their employees came in and removed our old carpet, installed the new one, and cleaned up. We are very happy with the new carpeting in our attic. We had the stairs done, leading up to the attic, and the seams are not visible at all. National Floors Direct did a great job and we do hope to use them again for our future flooring needs.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We used National Floors Direct 10 years ago when we had our basement done. It has never worn, no rips or tears. Last month our basement flooded with the terrible rains we had in New England. We called National Floor Direct and they were out the very next day to examine. They then came a couple weeks later and installed our new rug. They were fabulous! My husband had just been in an accident so could not move any furniture or anything. They were right there for him helping in whatever was needed. They were on time, professional and so nice. You would not have known that we had a rug replaced except for the new rug smell!! Would highly recommend them to anyone!! Great job National Floors Direct!!!

National Floors Direct Company Information