3.62/5
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Floors Direct aims at providing the highest quality flooring to suit your specific needs. With options ranging from laminate and vinyl to our even broader selection of durable carpets and hardwoods, you're certain to find the perfect match. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our trained flooring professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

671 National Floors Direct Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 9, 2019

Our experience from start to finish has been nothing but exceptional with National Floors Direct. Originally I placed a request via their web site for an installation quote. Immediately I received a phone call and an appointment two days later. Cristina arrived right on time Saturday morning and was very professional, helpful and knowledgeable. She had a lot of different Berbers to choose from. She set us up with an installation date that was perfect for us.

The day of the installation we received a call and Jorge arrived within the scheduled time. Jorge worked alone for a VERY long day to do 3 bedrooms and our hallway. He was very pleasant and kept me informed about his progress. The next morning he returned to do the top part of the stairs and did a beautiful job. He measured for and explained the bonding process for the bottom stairs which Christina had also explained. I planned on receiving a call in about a week for him to return. The BEST part of all - got the call two days after he left that he would return to finish those last five stairs. Jorge just left a short while ago and we are so happy with our new carpet. We would highly recommend National Floors Direct to any of our friends. Great work team! Thank you!!

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My experience with National Floors Direct was nothing but professional. From the time I call them to set up an appointment till the time our floors were complete. When I first called, they made an evening appointment that I requested, the sales rep was prompt, within 5 minutes of when they said. He brought many samples of flooring, I feel he never tried to sell us a floor, but instead explained all the pros and cons of the many types of floors and helped us to select the correct floor for our needs.

Once we made our choice, he then asked us what day we wanted it installed, they did not tell us when it could be done, it was our choice. We did pick a date a few weeks away because that was what we needed, they did not question the timing. Then 3 days before our install they called just as a reminder, not trying to sell more just a reminder. The morning of the install they called to let us know when they would be there and they were once again right on time. The installers were very professional and nice, they moved furniture with care, completed the install in less time than we were told, explained the care for the floor, cleaned up every bit of mess and thanked us and were gone. I will use National Floors again for any more flooring needs and would recommend them to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My husband and I have been going back and forth with making a decision about updating the carpet in the house we bought. We checked around some local home improvement stores and flooring companies and eventually decided we were not in a financial position to complete this project at this time. After talking about this decision at our family holiday party, my mom recommended that we check out National Floors Direct. We had seen the commercials before, but were never sold on going through a company from the television. My mom insisted that we follow through with calling you.

After the holidays, we decided we would call and request a free in home consultation. The flooring expert who came into our home for the consult stayed for over 2 hours! We had so many questions, and he provided us with so many samples to compare. We were genuinely impressed at how knowledgeable he was about each carpet material, how much "style" advice he could provide, and how much time he spent explaining everything to us. We ended up choosing a rug and deciding on an installation for 2 weeks later.

Now we can flash forward to installation day. The installation man showed up right around the time we were told he would arrive. Before moving forward with the installation, he ensured it was the right color and material, even double checking with the sample and the rug in his truck to make sure everything matched. He was polite and respectful of our home, and closed the door in between trips to the yard where he was cutting the material. It was a very frigid day and the door is a pain to keep opening/closing with rug materials in his hand, but he still did that for us. He worked diligently the whole time, and was finished with the project within 3 hours. He cleaned up his mess afterwards and ensured we were happy with the finished project before leaving.

The stairs and the hallway look absolutely fantastic! We are so thrilled with the color, the texture, and the overall look. Most importantly though, the price was one that could not be beat by anyone else. We are grateful for our experience with National Floors Direct, and would recommend them to anyone else looking for a great product at an even better price. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I called National Floors Direct along with 2 other flooring companies to get a carpet replaced in a bedroom. Their call in center quickly got me an in home estimate for the next day. They have excellent staffing in their call in center as I had to call back to change the time of the visit and they were very helpful and pleasant. The sales/estimator arrived right on time. He did his measurements and then started showing me samples that would be good for what I wanted. We agreed on a price and set up a day for the installation. I had already had one place come in and give me a price. National Floors Direct beat that price and with a higher vauled carpet, so I called the 3rd place and cancelled the estimate with them.

The day of the install came and they called me with a time window when they would be there as promised. The installers called me when they were on their way too. They arrived and started the job. They finished within the hour and I was surprised they were done so fast. I inspected the work and everything was done perfectly. I would definitely recommend National Floors Direct for your flooring needs and would use them again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had learned about National Floors Direct from a friend and he stated that it was the best experience he has ever had and told me I should contact them because I was in the market for getting all my bedrooms done with new carpets. I went to their website and filled out the free in home estimate and someone had called me with 20 minutes to set up my free estimate. Within two days I had someone at my house with tons of sample flooring. He measured all three bedrooms with walk-in closets and the upstairs hallway. He came back down and we picked a carpet that I really like and it was also pet friendly (stains, hair, etc) and gave me the price to complete the entire job! The price he gave me was excellent and was under my budget that I had set in my mind. I had asked him if I needed to clear out the rooms and he stated that the guys installing it can move stuff around. Needless to say I got a lot of the stuff out of the rooms except beds and burrows.

They came to install my carpets three days later and stated that I was supposed to have the room cleared and I told the two gentleman installing the carpets what the salesperson stated and they worked around the furniture! These two gentlemen did an outstanding job and had the entire job done in 5 hours with every room put back the way it was and vacuumed all three rooms and hallway! They truly were fantastic and I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get new floors. 5 stars all day long!!! I will contact National Floors Direct for my future flooring needs!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Floors Direct?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We had an initial visit with the representative who was very helpful and we were able to schedule an installation date 2 weeks in advance. On the day prior to the installation date, we got a call saying that the shipment was delayed even though a week before it was confirmed that they had the supplies ready. As a result, they rescheduled the date 5 days later (the earliest date) without compensating for the additional time/delay and also the cost of us not staying at our place due to pending repairs. Customer service experience was extremely poor and unprofessional. We were promised a compensative when we received the call but this was apparently non-existent or not available when we spoke to customer service. Will not recommend again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Definitely not happy with the service I recently received from National Floors Direct. First of all, customer service called me the morning of installation at 7:30 and informed me that I needed to print paperwork. It seems the office forgot to give the installers the necessary paperwork and if I did not print it, they would have to cancel the installation. This would be unfortunate since I took the day off in order to get the installation done. Since I did not have a printer, I had to rush in my car, find a Staples, print the forms, and rush back to my house to meet the installers. I had wood vinyl flooring installed in my hallway. Right in the middle of the hallway was a piece that looked like it was cracked. I pointed this out to the installers but they stated that there was nothing they could do. It was how the piece came. I asked them if they could at least move that piece to the edge of the hallway so it was not that noticeable. They also stated that they could not do that.

I also had carpeting installed in my office. The office has a pump in it so as a result a piece of carpeting had to be cut out in order to fit around the pump. When I examined the new carpeting, the carpet around the pump was still the old carpet not the new one. At first the installed argued with me stating that he did switch the carpet. However, after closer examination he acknowledged that the piece there was still the old carpet. Eventually he changed it. Also, when the installers left I realized that there was a mess made both inside and outside the house. They never cleaned up the clippings and wood remnants. When I shared all these concerns with customer service they were rude and condescending. I am truly sorry I ever used National Floors Direct. In the past I used Empire and never encountered any problems. I should not have listened to their commercials.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Will not use this company again.. The carpet for my small living room they brought was too small. So instead of reordering the right size they pieced it in. It was so evident you could see the seam line right down the middle if my room. Looked horrible!! Also the installer was very nice but he could not understand English or speak it well at all. Very frustrating. Also the metal strip that went on the floor to end the rug was terrible. The nails kept lifting and as he was hammering and trying to stretch the rug to go under the strip the rug would rip and he would try to repair it with glue. Very dissatisfied!!

Original review: July 21, 2019

Worse experience ever! I had to fight for close to a month to get my floor and when it finally got installed it was not what I was shown in the samples. Every effort to try and work with customer service was absolutely terribly. I had to speak to 4 different managers to get the issue resolved which mean at least 20 calls! First off the salesman only showed me floors that were not in stock. So I could not get next day flooring. Then he showed me a sample of a dark grey floor which I chose. (Did not show me the website that had colors from white to brown.)

Second he measured but did not look or ask about sub flooring under rug. When the installers arrived and took my cash they ripped up the rug and informed me that I had asbestos tiles and they had to leave. They left me without a bedroom in my 1 bed bungalow and furniture all over the place. When I tried to resolve the issue with customer service I was given one excuse after another. I was told (and have email to prove it) that all tiles need to be removed and I need a letter from asbestos abatement company before floor could be installed. (This would cost at least 5,000. I did lots of research and spoke to other floor companies who informed me that the tiles SHOULD NOT be disturbed, but that tack strips should be removed.

I spoke again with Customer service who insisted that floor would not be installed until tiles were removed. I then spoke to another rep (and taped the conversation) she agreed that only tack strips, staples and loose tile - there were no lose tiles had to be removed and could be removed from a professional contractor with asbestos experience, after that is done send pictures and installation could be scheduled. I hired said contractor, completed the request then got the runaround. 1st call I sent a pic, then they wanted 5 pictures chest height, then after 3 calls and my contractor trying to speak to them I had to send 5 more picture. I was assured that the issue would be resolved that night. I kept calling every half hour and was told the woman was “painstakingly at her desk” working on it. Never got a response.

The phone service started to answer, next day the woman apparently was on vacation and the manager said my installation was denied. That I now needed to have the entire floor leveled. I was not allowed to talk to the installation department. After speaking to yet another manager I got him to listen as I explained that I had brown tiles around the edge it was not missing tiles. He reluctantly agreed to send installers out but said I might have to pay another 350. If installers are not satisfied in person. Finally get the installers and the floor is 3 different colors (not the natural variation that you get but actually different planks! (I had to have a floor so had them install it anyway.

I spoke with customer service again was rudely told it was my fault because the website picture is what I got- not the sample I was shown. And then he added, “You don’t go to a restaurant and eat the food then complain”. I was so disgusted and soo tired of fighting - I guess in the end the managers win because they bullied me so bad I had no fight in me. So know 2,000 later my cash savings gone; when I was told I could have gotten the floor for 1/2 that, I have a floor that looks ridiculous.

I be read all the bad reviews before posting and see that NFD has not once accepted responsibility for terrible service. I would of course appreciate a response and at least some empathy for what I’ve gone thru but don’t hold my breath. The company is toxic, I need peace. I learned a hard lesson never to trust a company that insist on cash upfront and hires subcontractors who owners don’t speak English and can not accept any responsibility. And it’s too bad because the installers were the only nice people I worked with. Wonder if the IRS actually audits this company!

National Floors Direct response

National Floors Direct installed the exact product Ms. Yabroudy ordered. A link to the product is below. The product is a premium 12 MM laminate flooring from Mohawk called Artfully Designed. The flooring is designed to look the way it's pictured in Ms. Yabroudy's review, on the manufacturer's website, and on the sample provided by the manufacturer that was shown to Ms. Yabroudy at the time of sale.

Original review: July 18, 2019

If I could give this place a zero I would. Got an estimate, then when they came to do my floors wanted more money. Told them I only want what I paid for, told me the only way I could get my floor done and not leave my house a mess was to sign off that I didn’t want the warranty. Customer service was rude and nasty. Didn’t call before they came. Please do not use this place. They are not worth it. Go elsewhere please.

National Floors Direct response

Hello Ms. Reed,

We apologize for the confusion but the additional costs assessed at the time of installation were due to unforeseen circumstances associated with bringing the substrate to standards that meet or exceed the requirements of the manufacturer of the flooring you purchased.

Such additional fees are not uncommon in homes like yours that are over 65 years old. The company was acting in good faith in assessing these minor fees in an effort to promote an installation that will meet the long-terms needs of you and your family.

National Floors Direct Company Information