toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had three rooms done in carpet by Empire Today and it was very quick and easy. The guys that came out to install it was able to finish the job in three hours. They helped us out in moving the furniture that was in there and put stuff right back to where it was at. We walked around with them and looked at all the closets and space that they had done and everything was great. We were going to look into other brands but the sales pitch by Empire was too good to be put down. We were thinking about getting hardwood and the hardwood was a little too expensive for what we were thinking. The price tag on the carpet was perfect. We have three girls in one room and a 13-year-old boy in the other and the carpet has been holding up pretty well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a carpet and a laminate flooring installed in my home and Empire gave me the best deal. I was looking at the same carpet with a different company and it was almost twice the amount of the price for the installation and purchase of the exact same carpet. My friends recommended Empire to me and they recommended Jason, the guy that came to my house. I told him my budget and he tried to go around it and worked with me. We kept calling each other back and forth for a few days and I wasn't really sure if I'd do it. It's a lot of money to spend and you have to get various pricing. But he was real patient with me and gave me some different options. He could've easily given me the most expensive ones but he didn't. I also didn't want to compromise on the quality and he did what I wanted. I like its quality for the price that I got and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

We're very pleased with the high quality of work done by Empire's installers. We had carpeting installed along with new porcelain tiles in our downstairs kitchen and bathroom. We felt the tile grout needed a bit more attention to bring it level to the tile lip. Empire responded immediately and the installer returned and finished the job to our specifications, and with a very polite and upbeat attitude. He was extremely professional. We are longstanding Empire customers and will continue to use their services whenever we need carpeting, tile or window blind treatments.

I most emphatically recommend Empire Today if you are even considering flooring changes or upgrades to your home. I realize that many of us want to support our "local" vendors when we purchase anything, but if you are looking at your flooring as an investment in your home, then it must be approached as a business decision, and factors such as price, product quality, quality installation, and customer service are what guides my decision; and Empire Today is going to outshine your "local" vendor in every area.

We started with simply wanting to get rid of our off-white carpeting that was literally an embarrassment, due to it being so hard to keep clean. We first looked at one of the "Big Box" home improvement stores, thinking we might save some money if we did it ourselves. Well, the "Big Box" store was too busy to even call us back to set up an appointment, plus the price they quoted, $2000, required us to do all the pre-prep and tear out all the old carpet and linoleum, which was 16 years old. My wife and I are both busy professionals, and did not have 2 months to spend our weekends tearing our house up, plus figuring out a way to haul all the stuff away. Now, the "Big Box" product was a pre-laminate hardwood that had sticky stuff and foam on the bottom.

Let's take a look now at Empire. Sales: The Sales Representative who came to our home, David **, on a day and time that was convenient for us, was extremely friendly and took however long we needed to view a variety of hardwoods in both quality and price. Thank you again David! Pricing: You will not find a better deal on product and installation than you will get from Empire. Trust me, we looked around. Also, they offer great financing plans and we will have our floors paid for at exactly what they cost in about 10 month with no interest!

Installation: their crews are extremely professional and efficient. They arrived at our home at 11am and had completed our living room, dining room, and kitchen by 6pm! All the old stuff gone and all the furniture and appliances back in place and the new floors cleaned. The installers even went so far as to suggest modifications that would make our finished product more attractive and better installed, and performed them at no extra cost. We also had some very complex cuts that needed to be performed in certain areas, but for this team, it was no problem. The finished product is flawless.

Customer Service: again, Empire Today is exceptional. When I would call them, they would already have my account pulled up on their screen, and were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful at all times. Empire Today wants your business, and they will do everything possible to get it within reason. You want the bottomline don't you? Here is the bottom line: I have a floor in my home that should've cost about $10,000 for less than $4,000! And it was all done in 7 hours, the financing was exactly as promised, and my wife and I could not be more ecstatic and satisfied.

Would I recommend Empire Today to a friend? I would recommend Empire Today to anyone thinking of new flooring in their home! For an investment of under $4,000, I have increased the value of my home by 15-20K! And, we got rid of the embarrassing carpets that we literally covered with area rugs, and the disgusting old linoleum that required scrubbing on your hands and knees every 2 weeks. Thank you Empire Today, for the exceptional service, quality product, installation, and price. My wife and I could not have made our dream of hardwood floors in our home come true without you. Before you buy or hire anyone else, contact Empire Today! If you don't you will regret it because you will pay too much, get a less quality product and may have your home in shambles for who knows how long.

We had carpeting installed by Empire Today in our home. We considered other brands but we decided on Empire hands down because the coordination was incredible. It was really just like a clockwork. The estimator who came out showed us several qualities of their carpet and helped us pick out. The whole process was great. The people who came into our home were very, very polite, very accommodating, and professional. We would totally go back to Empire should we ever need carpet again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

When I needed some flooring in my kitchen done, I called around. I figured that Empire Today must be doing a good work as they've been in the business that long. And they can do the work quicker than some of these other places that I called that might need months. Empire Today didn't take long before they scheduled the work and got it done. And the guy that did it did a wonderful job. The flooring looks wonderful in the kitchen. It made it look bigger. I will certainly have them back when I get ready to do something else.

Empire Today's flooring works fine. I flip a lot of houses and my sales guy is great to deal with. He helps me get the best deal I can get and keep my costs down which helps me to make a little money. It's been a very good experience with Empire Today.

My cousin told me about Empire Today and I like the colors of the carpet that I bought from them. I had it installed in the living room of my apartment and it's excellent. Their reps were good and they knew what they were doing. It was a very good experience and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Empire Today had a 50% off special offer and we had a really good conversation with the gentleman that came. He answered all of our questions. It just all felt right to my daughter and I so we decided to go with them. We had them install carpets in our front room, two bedrooms, and the landing upstairs. The rep showed us a video of the carpet that we purchased being in a zoo for two weeks with different animal traces over it and they just shampooed the traces right out. That was quite impressive and we assumed that was legitimate.

My husband was here for the installation and he says they were good. There was a piece that had to be glued which got me concerned that it might show a seam, but nothing is showing. We also have a big entertainment center which we couldn't move and the installers moved it for us. By the time they were done with the work, everything was back where it belonged. They did a good job. Everybody was home and the installers had to use the front door to enter a couple of times. We tried not to interfere with them too much but they never complained to me. I have passed the word about this company along to a couple of family members.

Empire Today installed carpets in our living room, dining room and two bedrooms and they were the best in terms of cost and quality. I like the material, the color, the selection, how the guy came here, presented the selection, the price, the deal, all the way to the guys who laid it down. I was satisfied with the whole process.

I had a Pergo floor put in by Empire Today in our living room, dining room, kitchen, utility room and bath. I like the quality of Empire Today but they are more expensive than other flooring companies. The work of the installers was top quality but I could not communicate with them because there was a language barrier. They tried really hard to understand what I was saying and I tried to understand what they were saying, too. But the flooring was wonderful. They took extra care to do wonderful work. In my trim pieces, they did it the way it should be done. But I wanted my quarter rounds to meet at my corners, and they did not do that. So I had to have someone else come in and redo my quarter rounds. And it was not Empire’s fault, it was a lack of communication.

We had Empire Today install some flooring upstairs last year and we had them again for some hardwood flooring in our basement this year. They did a good a job doing our basement and the upper part of our house. They were fast and friendly.

Everything turned out wonderful, my husband and I are very happy with the results. The salesman Douglas ** was very informative about the product and the contractor that laid the flooring did a great job. My husband and I just love it.

Recommendations and the price of Empire Today's products were the reasons why I chose them. The carpet was installed in the second floor of my home and is much better than the ones in other companies. The coloring is also perfect. The carpet is great and my experience in getting it was quick and easy.

I got one of the top throw-down rugs that Empire had and I'm happy with it so far. I like it in the hallway and in the closets and how the installers did the seaming. I can't tell where it began and exited so they did a very good job. Even the gentlemen that came out were very nice. I had trouble with my card but they were patient with it, plus they were very courteous. The best thing was I held them off twice because I thought I wasn't ready for them. Then I had to do some other things and I asked them if they could wait a little more. I took out my fireplace but I haven't even taken the wall down so I wanted to clean the mess first and they worked with me on that.

We had carpeting installed by Empire Today in the family room and in the computer bar area of our home. Empire offers good quality at a reasonable price, and it was easy and convenient with them. We liked the color of the carpeting. We previously had one room done in the color that we selected, so we decided to go with that color as a theme throughout the house, and we'll also be doing the living room area and the hallway in the summertime this coming year. However, there were some issues in getting a call back. We even tried to call the salesperson who sold us the carpeting, but he never returned our call. Nevertheless, with the exception of the call back issue, it was fine overall with them.

Resolution In Progress

Dear Wendy,
We are disappointed to hear that your overall experience was not a positive one. We will investigate further and will be in contact with you soon.

Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Sales person was on time and showed us a variety of products. Gave us decent price. Problem with deposit. Got billed twice for $2800. Sales manager corrected but took a couple of weeks. Promised an additional $100 off. Ceramic tile installation was good. Grout seems to be two colors - supposed to be malt color, but is very light in some places. Carpet installer was strange. Kept telling me what a good job he would do and then totally messed up the corners of the room and along the base of closet. Then was angry with me because I complained. Carpet is still shedding from the dull knife he used. Installation worse than the old stuff he took out. Carpet is not soft and is more like a twine texture on feet. Tile is nice and really love it!

We had chosen Empire Today for a carpet installation in our home because of their convenience and price. It was a very professional installation. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The new carpet met our expectations and it's comfortable.

I like the carpet that Empire Today installed in the two upstairs bedroom in my house. It was exactly what I wanted. I looked at Home Depot and got quotes from them but Empire matched their price and they could install it way quicker than Home Depot can so I went with Empire instead. I liked the whole installation process and the experience when the sales rep came, showed me all the options, and went over the pricing with me. As for the carpet, it's soft and nice. I'm impressed by it and I'm very satisfied.

Empire Today is excellent. They are 100% 5-star in my book. I'm very happy with their service and I cannot complain anything. Jason, the rep guy who came out to my house, was really awesome. He was very accommodating, very friendly, and very professional. And I'm also very happy with the two guys who came out to install the carpet. They are very clean and got the thing done on time.

Empire advertises a lot so that's a sign that they're successful. I had them install the cream colored Phoenix carpet and I absolutely love it. They did the job all in one day and after they left, we were painting and getting down by the moldings and I was looking at the carpet, and it was installed really cleanly. The line's straight and not tucked in inappropriately, which was really good. It was wonderful and I highly them recommend to anybody.

I have used Empire Today 3 times, and every time has been an absolute pleasure from the sales persons who came to my home to the installers that did the job. They were all courteous and really did care about my needs. And the carpets and flooring are top notch! I have recommended Empire to everyone I know! Thank you again!!!

From beginning to end, this experience was exceptional. The beginning phone call to Empire which led us to a salesman coming to our home until 2 men arrived and installed our perfect floor. The whole experience was really exceptional. Polite, helpful, going the extra mile = absolutely zero complaints. Would recommend to anyone.

We love our new office floors - the quality and the color are how we pictured. They are laminate but look almost hardwood. Also love the wide paneling. The install team was fast and professional and the install itself was very convenient. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress

Dear Sharon,
We are disappointed to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. We will be following up with you soon to address your concerns.

Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

About 4 years ago I had new carpet and padding installed in my home. Sometime later I noticed welts in the carpet. I called and told them about this and they sent someone out for a charge of $125.00. The representative fixed part of the problem but not the entire problem. He said that would go away or flatten out. Of course that did not happen. I recently had my carpet cleaned. The carpet shampoo man said "there is something wrong with the installation of your carpet. I am afraid it will detach from the wall. It is too short or something".. Well, that never happened... thank goodness. I have been in contact with customer service several times since June about this and they keep saying they need to escalate it. The issue is never resolved. I love the carpet but I have bad installation and poor customer service. This has gone on far too long. It needs to be resolved.

Empire Today installed the carpet in my living and dining room. They're very careful about asking the questions to answer my need. The texture of the carpet is nice and we like it very much. They did a good job and we're enjoying it.

Empire Today sounded like a good company so I had them do some carpeting for the whole living room, upstairs hallway, and stairway for about $1200. I like that the carpet is very easy to keep clean. I did consider other brands but I liked the girl from Empire Today who came back and did the measurement. I've been real pleased with Empire Today. They were just very easy to work with. The installers who came out were nice and clean-cut young men. All in all, the experience was good.

I had Empire Today install carpets and a floating floor. They've done my flooring in the living room, dining room, hallway and stairway on the carpeting upstairs. I also had them install vinyl tile flooring in the bathroom downstairs. I thought about other brands, but what I liked was that they came to the house and brought samples. Also, their prices sound fairly reasonable. They do a lot of advertising, and I figured if they were that bad, I'm sure they would have been nailed by now. I had a very positive experience with Empire Today all the way around and have no complaints. I had one issue and they followed right up on it and took care of it. I would recommend them.

However, I would like very much to get some material on the care of my carpeting and wood floors. I know it's available online but that's just not very acceptable. It would be nice if Empire provided me with information on their specific flooring and carpeting and how to care for it. Many of us are not computer people. We have computers but don't want to do all that online. We like to have that material just readily available. It would be good to give a consumer full information on the product they're purchasing at the time they purchase it without having to go online.

It was convenient for me to have Empire Today go at my home to do the free estimate. Eventually I had them install a laminate flooring in my bedroom which matched the color of my living room's. They showed up on time, did the work, and cleaned up everything. I was very satisfied.

I got with Empire Today because of their salesman and they installed luxury vinyl flooring in my porch, living room, and hallway. They also did some carpet in my office, bedroom, and the steps. I like that the floor looks like wood and it is waterproof. Everything was great except that I wasn't aware that it scratches because I thought it was gonna be scratch-proof. Nevertheless, I am very satisfied with the experience.

Empire Today Company Profile