toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had three rooms done in carpet by Empire Today and it was very quick and easy. The guys that came out to install it was able to finish the job in three hours. They helped us out in moving the furniture that was in there and put stuff right back to where it was at. We walked around with them and looked at all the closets and space that they had done and everything was great. We were going to look into other brands but the sales pitch by Empire was too good to be put down. We were thinking about getting hardwood and the hardwood was a little too expensive for what we were thinking. The price tag on the carpet was perfect. We have three girls in one room and a 13-year-old boy in the other and the carpet has been holding up pretty well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a carpet and a laminate flooring installed in my home and Empire gave me the best deal. I was looking at the same carpet with a different company and it was almost twice the amount of the price for the installation and purchase of the exact same carpet. My friends recommended Empire to me and they recommended Jason, the guy that came to my house. I told him my budget and he tried to go around it and worked with me. We kept calling each other back and forth for a few days and I wasn't really sure if I'd do it. It's a lot of money to spend and you have to get various pricing. But he was real patient with me and gave me some different options. He could've easily given me the most expensive ones but he didn't. I also didn't want to compromise on the quality and he did what I wanted. I like its quality for the price that I got and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

We're very pleased with the high quality of work done by Empire's installers. We had carpeting installed along with new porcelain tiles in our downstairs kitchen and bathroom. We felt the tile grout needed a bit more attention to bring it level to the tile lip. Empire responded immediately and the installer returned and finished the job to our specifications, and with a very polite and upbeat attitude. He was extremely professional. We are longstanding Empire customers and will continue to use their services whenever we need carpeting, tile or window blind treatments.

I most emphatically recommend Empire Today if you are even considering flooring changes or upgrades to your home. I realize that many of us want to support our "local" vendors when we purchase anything, but if you are looking at your flooring as an investment in your home, then it must be approached as a business decision, and factors such as price, product quality, quality installation, and customer service are what guides my decision; and Empire Today is going to outshine your "local" vendor in every area.

We started with simply wanting to get rid of our off-white carpeting that was literally an embarrassment, due to it being so hard to keep clean. We first looked at one of the "Big Box" home improvement stores, thinking we might save some money if we did it ourselves. Well, the "Big Box" store was too busy to even call us back to set up an appointment, plus the price they quoted, $2000, required us to do all the pre-prep and tear out all the old carpet and linoleum, which was 16 years old. My wife and I are both busy professionals, and did not have 2 months to spend our weekends tearing our house up, plus figuring out a way to haul all the stuff away. Now, the "Big Box" product was a pre-laminate hardwood that had sticky stuff and foam on the bottom.

Let's take a look now at Empire. Sales: The Sales Representative who came to our home, David **, on a day and time that was convenient for us, was extremely friendly and took however long we needed to view a variety of hardwoods in both quality and price. Thank you again David! Pricing: You will not find a better deal on product and installation than you will get from Empire. Trust me, we looked around. Also, they offer great financing plans and we will have our floors paid for at exactly what they cost in about 10 month with no interest!

Installation: their crews are extremely professional and efficient. They arrived at our home at 11am and had completed our living room, dining room, and kitchen by 6pm! All the old stuff gone and all the furniture and appliances back in place and the new floors cleaned. The installers even went so far as to suggest modifications that would make our finished product more attractive and better installed, and performed them at no extra cost. We also had some very complex cuts that needed to be performed in certain areas, but for this team, it was no problem. The finished product is flawless.

Customer Service: again, Empire Today is exceptional. When I would call them, they would already have my account pulled up on their screen, and were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful at all times. Empire Today wants your business, and they will do everything possible to get it within reason. You want the bottomline don't you? Here is the bottom line: I have a floor in my home that should've cost about $10,000 for less than $4,000! And it was all done in 7 hours, the financing was exactly as promised, and my wife and I could not be more ecstatic and satisfied.

Would I recommend Empire Today to a friend? I would recommend Empire Today to anyone thinking of new flooring in their home! For an investment of under $4,000, I have increased the value of my home by 15-20K! And, we got rid of the embarrassing carpets that we literally covered with area rugs, and the disgusting old linoleum that required scrubbing on your hands and knees every 2 weeks. Thank you Empire Today, for the exceptional service, quality product, installation, and price. My wife and I could not have made our dream of hardwood floors in our home come true without you. Before you buy or hire anyone else, contact Empire Today! If you don't you will regret it because you will pay too much, get a less quality product and may have your home in shambles for who knows how long.

The Empire sales that came out matched the floor that I had, that's why I went with them. I had laminate flooring installed in my dining room and kitchen, and I'm happy with the boys that worked on it. They explained everything, cleaned up the mess and was pretty polite.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

It was our second time with Empire Today. We had the linoleum floor in one of our rooms. A couple of months prior to that, we had our entire house carpeted and had tiles put in our kitchen. We called other places but couldn't have anybody come out except for Empire. So, we went with them because of the whole system, how they can come out and can get it done quick, they'll also move the furniture and the customer service part of it all. It was a lot more expensive than I thought it was going to be but we got a very good price because we didn't know the pricing of a lot of the others. The flooring also met my expectations.

The first time we had it all put in, everything went great. It went like clockwork. The second time when we had our little office done, it was setup to use our Empire card like we had done on the first one. The only issue we had was they couldn't get the paperwork straight. There were issues from beginning to end. I didn't know where that fell apart but the first time they came out to install it, they had to leave and to reschedule. They also showed that they were supposed to collect money from us and not on our credit card and they couldn't get it worked out. Our salesperson supposedly got it all worked out with everybody but then the next people came and we had the same issue. We were fortunately able to rectify it before they had to leave and I know they're just outside contractors. Something just fell through the cracks. Everything else went good.

This has been the worst experience with a company ever!!! I can't even list all the problems we have had with this company because I would have a book & I don't have time to waste doing that. I've already wasted enough of my time dealing with this situation so I'll just list the main problems we have dealt with and are still dealing with. It started on March 7th 2017. 2 guys show up at 11:00 am to install our vinyl. I believe that is way too late for what needed to be done. One of them does not speak any English & barely knows what he is doing then they tell us they don't have enough to do the job. So I'm not sure why they even came out to take measurements if they still didn't order enough. So anyway I was not here all day my husband was because I wanted to be surprised when I got home but finally at 7:00 that night I did come home because I had stuff to do. Kids had school in the morning and boy was I surprised.

It was getting too late so about 8:00pm they pack up & leave to come back on Thursday. So we start looking around & what they have done looks horrible. Bubbles all through the vinyl found about a 4 inch piece of wood down in our plumbing for the toilet. Thankfully my husband saw it or who knows what kind of damage that could have caused. There was all kinds of wood pieces and debris they just let fall down in our air duct vents showing no care at all for the work they were doing. So husband takes off work Thursday so he can be here so we're waiting waiting waiting.

Finally about 2:00pm I call the 800# to be told "Oh your materials didn't come in so they won't be coming today." "Are you Kidding me? Perhaps someone could have called and let us know this. I do have other things I could be doing well while I have you on the phone. I do not want the same installers. What they have done is terrible." He says, "Ok. I'll try to get someone out there tomorrow. I will call you back." Never get a call back until Friday morning saying the installers will be here in an hour or two. So I say "No. They were supposed to be here yesterday. Never showed, never called and someone was supposed to call me back yesterday. Never did. Well we are not available today," so now I'm looking at Monday. Keep in mind I've lost use of 1 of my bathrooms & my stove & refrigerator are in my living room. My house is in total disarray till at least Monday.

Now but oh wait they call Monday & say still do not have all the materials. "Oh my gosh. Well we're not available Tuesday or Wednesday." So here we go Thursday. So 1 guy shows up at almost 11:00am and I'm just thinking there is no way he's gonna get done today. I was right. So now Friday 2 guys 10:00am. It's looking a little better but they have to tear up and redo everything the first guys did last Tuesday. So of course they do not get done. So now my husband has to take another day off work Saturday to be here. So hopefully they will get done. We will find out tomorrow. I do have to say the guy who has come the past 2 days is doing a good job and actually knows what he's doing!

The ironic thing about all of this was my husband could've done this his self but we opted to go with what we thought was a good company because we wanted to just get it done professionally and be done with it in a day or two tops and that is so far from what our experience has been. I mean that's why we paid big money for it to avoid frustration, anger, & major inconvenience to name a few. But on this day 10 of having vinyl installed if it does get done tomorrow it will be day 11. We shall see how that goes. I am definitely at my wit's end!!! Also I do not even like my flooring. The joy I had about getting it is gone and maybe it's because of all the issues. I am just so disappointed I can't even be excited and I have not listed every problem either. It's been a complete nightmare!!!

I've dealt with Empire Today some years ago in Chicago and I'm overjoyed with my purchase then. There's a couple of Empires where I live in. So when I recently had carpet installed in one of my rental properties, I had other companies in mind, but decided to go with Empire because I know this old company and I know their work has good quality. I had them install the carpet in the living rooms, bedrooms, up the stairway and down the stairway to the basement. They did a fabulous job and I like the whole thing, the padding and the way they're insulated. I got no complaints. As a matter of fact, I got another rental property that I'm thinking about getting the living room done, and whatever my wife decides she wants to change this year, I'm going to make a date with Empire for that. I gotta get my money together.

I had a carpet in my living room put in and my wife was very much interested in having Empire Today do the work. I like the color of the carpet and the feel of it when we walk on it. The installation crew was also unbelievable. They never stopped moving. They tore off the old carpet, prepared the floor, put the padding down, then rolled the carpet out. They were all like octopuses and had hands all over the place. They work well as a team and I was impressed by them. The guy said they had been together for a while so that was kinda nice. They did an excellent job.

I had a carpet installed in my family room, and the cost and quality of products at Empire Today were very good compared to the other brands that I considered. I like that the carpet is comfortable to walk on and the installers were efficient and quick. They did a nice job.

Dear Leslie,
Your satisfaction is important to us, and we regret to hear that your experience was not a positive one from start to finish. We will be in contact with you soon to discuss your concerns and learn more.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I ordered carpet for 3 bedrooms and a hallway and tile for 2 bathrooms. The tile installer came and at the end of the day had put the wrong grout in. Not a big deal and it actually turned out to be okay. Now, the carpet. I received 3 different emails for 3 different install days for carpet. I was told I had to take apart 2 of my bed frames before install. I was also told I have to call and confirm installation - I did this each time. Flash forward to today the install day. I was called this morning and told that the carpet wasn't in and they would not be able to install. This is as after I took the day off to work from home, after I spent 2 hours taking apart bed frames and moving everything to a different room...

Now I am told maybe they can install on the 22nd... I'm a realtor and chose Empire because I was told everything is in stock. Why would anyone expect to be told the day of install that the carpet isn't here. Really poor customer service. Now I'm going down the street to my local carpet shop to see if they can help... By the way, they told me they take apart and reassemble the beds no problem... What I would like to say on a positive note is my sales rep Sharon ** is top notch. She's the reason I ordered from Empire in the first place.

We had used Empire Today before and we were pleased with them. The first time that we used them, we had a couple of quotes and they offered the best deal. We got them to install a carpet recently, and we liked just everything -- the cost, color, and ease of ordering.

Empire Today did my carpet before and my experience with them most recently was fine. They installed laminate floors in the living room of my home. The color is fine and the guys were all nice.

Dear Aleka,
We are saddened to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. We will be in contact with you soon to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I had Empire Today install carpet at the stairs, basement, and upper level of our home. I was told that their quality was better but I'm finding otherwise. The carpet on my stairs already looks like it's been down for years because it looks worn already. So I wish I would have gone with another company. I have not contacted them yet but I do plan to. It wasn't a good experience overall.

Dear Dana,
We regret that you feel this way. We will investigate further into this matter and will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Don't fall for the sales pitch - not worth it in the long run. I purchased carpet and padding from Empire 7/29/13. Our carpet has some pretty big wear sections and parts of the fibers are coming up all over. I first contacted Empire 12/29/16 but didn't get a response. I finally spoke with someone today from the warranty department. She told me that because I used a home carpet cleaner that I voided any manufacturer warranty that I had. She said the only way I would have been able to be covered under warranty was if I had had the carpet professionally steam cleaned every year.

She then transferred me to a supervisor who said the same thing. When I pointed out to her that our sales person never once brought that part up when she was selling us on buying the upgraded carpet and padding. The supervisor told me she couldn't speculate on what was said over 3 years ago and proceeded to tell me she had a similar situation with Home Depot. So, we paid $5000 for carpet that didn't even last 4 years. I will never again do business with Empire and I strongly suggest others stay away.

Dear Nawal,
Thank you for making us aware of your experience. We regret to hear that your expectations were not met. We will instigate this matter further and will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had a representative come out and measure 3 rooms and my stairs to get LVP installed. She wrote up a quote for 2 rooms, the den and dining room, for $8,000. Then proceeded to give me a "50% discount". Bottom line she quoted was $3500 for the 2 rooms. I ended up declining the offer as I found that this is overpriced as compared to other companies for the same service and product. I received an email from another representative several days later offering me installation for the two rooms for $2533. I emailed her back and stated that I was interested and wanted to add another room, the living room (which had already been measured when the rep came out the first time). She responded with a price for the additional room, which didn't make sense to me since it was a small room. So I questioned the reason, and basically couldn't get a straight reason.

What I got, however, was the runaround like I have never seen before. The sales reps I tried to call avoided the calls and didn't return them. At one point, I used a different phone to call and was told that the sales rep was on the other line. I then used my phone to call and was told that she was out of the office. She was there, but did not want to talk to me, the customer. Again, all I wanted was to see why the 3rd room was priced so much higher than the other two rooms. Avoiding customers, lack of respect when emailing and talking to customers is no way to gain business. This has been the most unpleasant experiences with ANY company I have ever had.

To add insult to injury, even her manger, was rude in his way to speaking to me. The reason he provided was that the measurements were incorrect. I stated that I was willing to have a rep come out and measure again, but he didn't seem interested in doing that. I attribute that to the fact that the measurements were correct. The 2nd rep just emailed a quote that they discovered was too low, and that was the only way to fix the mistake. If the company really cares about customer service, they would make an honest effort to fix THEIR mistakes.

We heard good things about Empire and we saw their commercial of "Buy one room, get one room free", so that worked out well for us. We had carpeting installed in our living room and a bedroom and I’m very happy with it. I like the thickness of the carpet and the padding that we got was really good. And the guys that installed did it really fast so it was cool. They could’ve come the next day but we asked them to come two days after that. They were fine with that and then they showed up at 8AM and were done by noon, so it was nice.

We previously used Empire for a large project and was satisfied, which made us call again for this additional project. I wasn't prepared for the price I was given for this project. I really thought it would be less. Though I am very happy with the end product and I can't say enough good things about the team that installed our flooring.

We had Empire Today install the carpet and it's perfect. It was a great experience, and we're actually looking at possibly getting more done. I have recommended them.

Empire Today installed laminated floor in my living and dining areas, and the hallway. Initially, I looked around at several different places and since Empire had a sale on, I decided to go with them. I like the pattern of the floor - it's older and narrow. It looks like hardwood that I had forty years ago in my first home and it duplicates the pattern that Bruce, a very good hardware company, has. The best part is that they have installers that come on time, that have good manners and do a good job. It’s a lot of hard work but the young men were exceptional. I had some pretty heavy furniture and they didn’t complain at all, too. They put it back after it was done and they swept the floor as well. They could not have done anything better.

Empire Today has done work for us before. So, I've been very pleased with them. Recently they installed some laminate flooring, instead of carpeting, and it makes both rooms look so different. They did an excellent job. Everything was great. The salesperson was very congenial and nice, and the installers were great. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Dear Charles,
We regret to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We understand that you have decided to pursue another company. If you continue to have questions or concerns regarding your experience. Please contact us at customersupport@empiretoday.com.

Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2017

We purchased carpet for two bedrooms. When the installers arrived, they were not willing to proceed. They claimed the laminate floors had asbestos. We proved them wrong and this group still declined to proceed. Numerous call to customer service. Ended up canceling the contract.

I'm pleased with the carpeting installed by Empire Today in our home's living room, dining room, the hallways, two bedrooms, and steps. I saw their commercial where they were having 50% off everything. My oldest son has also gotten carpeting from them. The cost and quality are wonderful. We have a cat and he has a tendency to throw up every once in a while. The poor thing did several times and the stain comes right off. The carpet is stain resistant and has met all my expectations. It's been great and I'd recommend Empire to anybody and it's been a good experience.

Empire Today installed carpeting for us. I was ready to buy from Home Depot until we had the Empire guy come up and Empire's pricing was better. The quality also seems to be good and there are no issues with Empire's flooring. They put tape on some corners of walls so that they wouldn't scrape the paint off the walls when they carried the rolls of the carpeting, but they didn't take the tape off. I didn't notice that while the installers were there and it was after they left that we took the tape off but the paint came off with it.

We had Empire Today come and install a carpet in our basement, and they did a really good job. They also did the tile work down there, and we had laminate flooring installed in the laundry room and the entry way. The sales reps were really helpful and nice when they came out. They have all those samples to choose from and they help you out in making your decision. Empire Today has been right on top of things and got their work done in an expedient manner.

Dear Joseph,
Thank you for making us aware of your experience. We will investigate further into this matter and will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I had flooring in the kitchen and carpet installed by Empire. The flooring in the kitchen was done all right, but there were some places where they didn't match it up to the wall. Furthermore, they cut a couple of pieces too short and just put these anyway. But that's in one corner. I'm not real happy with it but I'm not real dissatisfied with it either. Furthermore, I thought the guys cleaned up well when they did the kitchen, but then when I got in there after a couple of days, it seemed like they swept everything down into the basement.

The guys that installed the carpet did four rooms and a hallway in three hours less time than the guys that did the kitchen, who spent all day doing the kitchen, and my kitchen is only 8 x 10. In addition, the carpet layers did not sweep. I thought they would have a vacuum cleaner and vacuum the carpet after they were done, but they didn't do that. I had to sweep all the debris from the carpet. Nonetheless, they moved all the furniture and got the carpet laid in about five hours, and it looks like it's a good job and everything's tucked in properly.

Dear Mohammed,
We are disappointed to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we'll be in contact with you shortly to discuss this matter further.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Empire Today installed carpeting on the first floor of my home and it's not the quality they told us. It's only a month and the carpet is already shrinking in and doesn't even look like a month old. It was the same carpet that was there before which lasted 12 years. I looked at that and maybe it's the same but it wasn't. I was thinking of replacing the upstairs but I'm not happy after what I saw. Anytime Empire shows a product, they should make sure they install the same thing.

We moved into an older house last November and the carpet in there was very old and awful. So, my husband pulled it up. And Empire Today got on out there and we do appreciate it. It was a great experience with Empire! I have never used them before but I'm glad we did. Everybody was extremely nice and the guys, who came out to install the carpet, were on top of it. They were fast and got the flooring down. We want to use Empire again especially that we’ve got more rooms that we want to do hardwood with.

I've had some work done before in Spring Valley and I liked Empire Today's work. Then, I recently had hardwood floors and carpet on the steps installed in my basement. They did it real quick, finished up on time and when they encountered a problem, they corrected it. They did an excellent job and I like the color of the hardwood floors.

Dear Eric,
We have read your review and sincerely to regret to hear about your experience. We apologize for the inconvenience, and assure you that we take matters such as this one very seriously. We understand that you have cancelled your order, if you continue to have questions or concerns please contact customersupport@empire-today.com.

Thank you.

Original review: March 11, 2017

3/3/17 Received quote on a Friday and was told they could install the next day. It was a good price. I said, "Let's do it." Room they quoted was for bathroom and bedroom. These rooms are for my health challenged daughter that requires a lot of health equipment. So Saturday we moved all the equipment out of those rooms to find out later that day the product didn't come in. Service rep was nice and offered a 100.00 off. We rescheduled for the following Saturday. Received another call later that day from Empire saying that I couldn't receive the 100 off. I said, "What? Your company offered and now you are saying I do not receive 100? This is confusing..." He then said I would get the 100 and said sorry for bugging me.

3/11/17 Moving all equipment again from my health challenged daughter rooms. Installers come and look over rooms. After pulling the register vents they find out I need more materials (under-lament), at a cost of over 700.00 more to the quoted price. Talk about a bait and switch. Told the installers to leave. Called Empire to see about my down payment and a refund. Was told that the quote has verbiage about if an installer needed more materials that a cost would be added. Said they needed to train the salespeople more. Upping a price after said quote is not a good thing. I understand if it was rotted sub-floor but this wasn't the case. Needless to say I will never do business with Empire Today again. No need to contact me.

Empire Today Company Profile