toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From start to finish, I was extremely satisfied with the salesman (Mike) who sold me the carpeting for my basement. He was very professional and knowledgeable about the full carpet product line sold by Empire Today. He helped me to make a very good carpet selection as well as negotiate a very good price. On the day of installation, the installers were experienced and professional, they handled job with care, and arrived at my home on time. After the installation was complete, they reviewed the job with me to make sure I was completely satisfied and provided me with access information for Empire Today website and how to take care/maintain the carpet purchased. I am a very happy with how the carpet makes my home look stylish and comfortable. Thank you, Empire Today!

We looked around at a couple of different stores but a neighbor had used Empire Today and recommended them. We had them install the carpeting in our home. We started off with a set of stairs. We liked the carpet so much so we had them come back out to have a quote and do an entire second landing, another set of stairs and then into our master bedroom. It's so soft and we love the color which which we got throughout the whole house and we love it. We had to stay neutral because our house is up for sale. The service is great. The service and product are great and we love them.

I hired Empire to replace the carpet in the three bedrooms and hallway. I wanted the same thing I had there for the den but they no longer had that available, so I chose something else. I'm 83 years old and vacuuming is not that easy anymore. And what I had in the bedrooms and the hall was easier to vacuum than this one that I chose. But I still manage to do it. Then I had a new floor covering put in my kitchen and entrance way. I've been very pleased with the quality and the installation of the carpets and flooring. If I had to replace any of them, I would certainly call Empire back. Also, when I called for them to bring the samples for the kitchen, I asked for Mickey because he had been here when I replaced the den carpet. He's a very good representative, very pleasant, very mannerly and not pushy.

We had checked out some other brands and Empire Today's cost was a lot lower than the others. Also, the company that our insurance company wanted us to work with made things very difficult and we had to go to a showroom to make our choices with them. But the salesperson from Empire made two trips to our house and she made making our choices very easy. Then the laminate flooring we bought from them was installed in three bedrooms and a den area in our house. We like the flooring because we don't have to worry about the dogs being on the carpet. And we have a pool so when we come in from the pool we don't have to worry about the carpet getting wet. The overall experience has been great and I would recommend Empire to a friend.

We had a carpet installed by Empire Today because of the timing. They could do it relatively quickly. The cost and the quality also matched well and it was a good deal. So far, the carpet has been working out well.

My wife got a carpet from Empire Today and it was a great deal. We've had it for two months now and it's beautiful. The quality is great, plus the carpet is easy to clean. I would recommend Empire to anybody.

Empire Today was very popular and my friend recommended that they were a very good company to have. I had carpets installed and it’s made the house look really nice and pretty. The quality is very nice and they had a good price. In my experience, everything had been good.

Empire Today had the financing option so we chose them to put in carpet and hardwood floor in our living room and bedroom hallway. I like the natural look plus the solid wood. The flooring looks really nice and very pretty. The guys did a really good job measuring all the pieces and I'm very pleased with it. Also, Empire Today was very responsive and their customer service is really good. I moved into a home which wasn't ready and they've worked with me on rescheduling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

I purchased some carpet last year for my family room. Then I decided to do the rest of the house this year. I had a good experience last year so I came back to Empire Today. I was able to use the same representative I had last year and he did an excellent job again. He was very courteous, informative and I liked the way he talked and handled the situation. We’re in the process of moving and if it arrives that I need to get carpet for the new house, I’ll be calling him. Everything is good.

I was doing the spare bedroom and I needed something new on it that was inexpensive but looked nice. I was referred to Empire Today by a friend and so I called. I had them come out and I got a new carpet. Their rep was good and my interactions with him were great. However, I don't like the fact that they couldn't give me a two hour window early in the morning. They told me that they'd be out some time during the day but when they called me, it was 1:00 and they said they'd be there within two hours. I had to take whole day off work. Other than that, the process was very easy.

Dear Margaret,
We sincerely regret to hear that this was your experience, and are aware that we have spoken to you in regards to your concerns. For future questions please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Thank you.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Empire Today's advertising is very misleading. To receive the much-advertised 50% off, you must choose one of only two options for engineered hardwood. To save money and because I was pressed for time, I chose one. The person who estimated the project and measured the premises gave me an estimate that did not tell me the square footage or specifically state that the foyer, hallway, and adjoining closets were included, although he assured me that they were.

No reasonable person would doubt my intent because the hall carpet was in terrible condition and the tiny foyer was clearly part of the living room. No plan was included with the estimate; if it had been, everything would have been clear to everyone. The company did not tell me that I had to pay for the entire job before the installer commenced, and he was irritated and left the site until I was able to call the company to give my credit card information. He was not happy to have to return. The installer then said that the foyer and its closet were not included in the job description and refused to do them until I called the company and paid an extra $120, which I did.

He left at the end of the afternoon without completing the hallway and its closet, saying that they too were not included in the estimate. I called Customer Service many times to get this resolved and to have the installer come back to finish the job, but no one ever returned my call. The job was time sensitive because someone would be on the premises to let the installer in for only a week, and I told that to Customer Service repeatedly. I asked for and was eventually transferred to a supervisor in the Atlanta area. I have not heard back from her and no longer expect to. No person connected with the project seemed to know what anyone else was doing. I've rarely had this bad an experience with any company. They have my money, and I seem to have no redress other than to complain online.

Empire Today was a little bit more expensive than others but we thought it's because of the reputation and bought a carpet from them. However, we had a little disappointment with the experience. We were really careful about picking the colors because we’re selling the house and we already have too many colors going on. We invited our realtor and the designer in to help us with the carpet and then we scheduled the appointment about a month in advance.

On the day of installation, we got people coming over with the carpet and they said that they didn't have the one that we picked so they brought a different carpet. It was not worse but the color scheme was not exactly what we were hoping for. We had no choice because we had other contractors lining up after that. It was not very pleasant and we did not get any compensation for it. So, we paid for the carpet that we didn’t choose. Also, we did not appreciate that we were not contacted before at all and we didn’t review other samples.

We called the salesperson and he said that unfortunately, there's nothing he can do right now and he cannot give us any concession. Then, somebody from customer review called and they had specific questions. I was trying to tell them our experience and they said that it's not the question they were asking. I just told them not to worry about it. I understand stuff happens but it was not that we installed the carpet the next day after talking to the salesperson. But the installation people were great. They stayed late until around 10:00 PM in order to finish in one day and that was good. They did a great job with the stairs and stuff so there was no problem with the quality of labor. The salesperson was wonderful as well.

Empire Today installed carpeting in our basement. They have similar quality compared to other brands we considered but somewhat different in price, which helped to make us decide to go with them. Two guys came out personally and they were both informative. It was an excellent experience.

Dear Sheila,
We regret to hear that your experience had a rocky start, and understand that we have since spoken to you and addressed your concerns. For future questions or concerns please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Thank you.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I had carpet installed on a Monday. The installers left without installing the carpeting on the stairs telling me someone else would return on Tuesday to complete the binding work on the stairs. They also left three rolls of carpet behind in the middle of my living room for the work on the stairs. Four days later, no call. Rolls of carpet are still in my living room. I have called Empire Customer Service every day since Monday requesting a callback and have not received one. Nor has anyone been able to tell me when this job might be complete. I have spent hours on hold and cut off twice.

Empire Today did the carpeting in my house 10 years ago and they were fine so I went with them again. The people that came in to do the recent carpeting were very friendly and kind. However, there were a few things on the carpeting that I'm not happy with. The techs didn’t measure together very well so I'm seeing a lot of pulling away from the carpeting. I was also upset about my salesperson since I should've gotten the 50-50-50 deal but I didn't. I wish somebody would have gotten back to me about it so that the carpeting wouldn’t have cost as much. I had another set of paint people that came in to do the kitchen, the bathroom and the laundry room. They were two young boys and they were good. They couldn’t do the job in one day because one had a terrible cold, so they didn’t seem as professional as they should have been. But all in all, I would recommend Empire again.

Dear Desirae,
We are disappointed to read your review, but understand that we have spoken to you in regards to your concerns. For future questions please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We decided to use Empire for a fourth time this last weekend. We had great experiences the first two times. The third time, a small carpet installation was pretty bad. The crew was supposed to show up in the morning, I took off work and they never came. When trying to get in touch with someone we were given terrible service and the crew finally showed up at 8:00 that night! That was last year.

Fast forward to this weekend, we gave Empire another chance understanding that everyone makes mistakes and they really had done a great job in prior years. The project this weekend was a small one, about 100 square feet of LVT in two baths and laundry room. The crew ran out of product two days in a row. There is a buckling spongy spot in the middle of the floor, they didn't install the new toiled kits that we paid for, they tried to hide that they missed a corner in the closet, they broke transition strips, didn't rehang doors or baseboards, banged up the walls, and left our house completely trashed. This project which should have been completed in a day is now on day five and not completed. They will have to take yet another of our weekends.

In trying to contact Empire about it I was told someone would call me, never did. I had to hound the local St. Louis office and call up to ten times before someone finally got back to me. Voicemail boxes were full of course. The office seemed to not view my complaints as legit and acted like what is the big deal? When asked what Empire could do for us, I was told, "Well we have to pay another crew now to come fix it, so I don't know." How in the world is that our fault as the consumer? It should have been done right in the first two tries!

I feel as though the company lied to me every step of the way. The work was completely unprofessional and the service and reactions to our complaints have not been heard. We are to have one more project with Empire this upcoming weekend and I am praying it goes well. I highly recommend not using the St. Louis, MO Empire. Their apathy towards customer satisfaction is quite appalling, especially considering that we have spent almost $20,000 with the company. Terrible. DO NOT USE!

Dear Charlene,
Your concerns are important to us, we're disappointed to hear that you feel this way. We'll be in contact with you soon to further address your concerns.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Worst experience ever!! They installed my carpet and detached my door to my apartment and refused to put it back on unless I paid them after the carpet installation. They claimed I had to pay for them to shave the door down, which was never experienced before the installation of the carpet. However, that issue was resolved. Let's forward about five months later. My carpet got damaged. I called Empire Today to get someone to look at the damages to see if the carpet can be repaired. The representatives told me yes they would scheduled an appointment to send a worker out to my apartment.

The day of the scheduled appointment, no one shows up. I called Empire again. The representative tells me okay she would rescheduled me for another appointment and that a manager would contact me back. I waited a week. No call back from a manager. It's now two weeks in, I called again expressing my situation to the third representative, then I asked to speak to a manager. The manager expressed that she was sorry for the inconvenience and that the matter would be handle. We are now going into week three. Still no help. No installer came to my apartment. My carpet is still damage.

Empire refuses to let me use my warranty for the damage carpet. I recently called tonight. The representative said someone called me. I told him that never happened. He was like, "Oh they left you a voicemail." I told him I never had a voicemail setup so how could they leave me a voicemail. I would never do business with them ever again. From day one this company was a headache. Their customer service is the worse and they do not attend to their customers’ needs. The owner should be ashamed to have such a poor unethical business structure.

Dear Debora,
Your satisfaction is important to us and we sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We understand that we've been in contact with you regarding your concerns, and we'll continue to follow up until a solution is reached.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I had contacted Empire Today for laminate flooring that was installed in September of 16. I have called 3 times, and was instructed to have a plumber look at our flooring problem. I have done this. Now my downstairs bathroom (a pedicle sink and toilet are now dripping under the flooring and the beams downstairs and wet. It has been a slow process that is now in a disaster).

Empire today does not have licensed plumbers replace the toilet after floor installation. The toilet was a little crooked when they installed it and I thought that I could live with it. I didn't realize that it would seep slowly under the floor boards. It is now created a very moist situation in my basement. My bathroom floor is now spreading into my hallway. I am very frustrated with this situation and I will contact the BBB and our local news channel for help. This problem daily is getting worse and it will cost Empire more money to fix as this problem is increasing. I need Empire Today to come to my home and install a new bathroom floor.

The quality of the luxury vinyl flooring that I got from Empire is really good. I also liked the price and how fast they were going to get the flooring in my house. I have big furniture but they were able to move it and put it back without breaking anything. I had the flooring installed in the living room and dining area of my home. It's great and I like its red color.

Tim,
We understand that we have spoken to you in regards to your concerns. For future questions please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Installation was fast, however when I found a defect in the carpet install, visible seams and bubbles, they refuse to honor their appointments, don't call, don't answer their phones, and the customer service center only tells you the same thing, Atlanta doesn't answer the phones so they left a message. I have been calling for 10 days now and no response. I can't even move into my new home because of the carpet.

Dear Deneen,
We regret to hear about your experience and understand that we have addressed your concerns. For further questions please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Had six rooms of carpet installed two years ago. Three of the rooms are buckling and lumpy. Empire charging me over $300 to fix. They claim the carpeting relaxed and needs to be stretched. I have asked multiple people who have had previous carpeting installed and no one has ever heard of this. They even insinuated that perhaps my air conditioning has not been on. I live in South Florida... the air conditioning runs at 75° 24/7. Carpeting was either not installed properly or is an inferior product. Either way, Empire pass the expense onto the customer after only two years. This is ridiculous. I will never use this company again. I do not recommend Empire.

Dear Robert,
We regret to hear that your installation did not meet your expectations. We'll be following up with you soon to learn more.

Original review: June 13, 2017

In January we contacted Empire Today to have tile installed in our living room, dining room and connecting hallways. When the crew arrived, no one spoke English which made it extremely difficult for the crew to understand anything we were trying to convey. The second day they failed to arrive and we didn't get a call from Empire until several hours later telling us the crew's truck broke down. Then the third day they didn't arrive until well after noon and rushed through the job in order to complete it that day which by the way they didn't leave until after 8:30 pm. Because it was dark outside we didn't see the damage they had done to our lawn with cement.

The next day we contacted Empire and also sent them numerous pictures of tile, grout and damage issues to our lawn and driveway. A second crew, this time who could speak English fixed the grout issues we had. Unfortunately we still have uneven tile here and there and because furniture has been put back would be a problem trying to fix. The next we had tile installed in our lanai which was done beautifully by the second crew. Now I am having grout coming out from the outside doorway and the tile in my lanai. I tried contacting Empire by email and phone but no luck. I need to have this grout fixed right away.

I used Empire Today to install a hall rug six months ago. However, they did not have the color that matched our hall carpet so I had to choose a different color. They recently installed rugs in three separate bedrooms and the flooring has met my expectations. I like the way the flooring sits in with the paint job of the bedrooms. I also like the degree of thickness, the barrier to help offset the effects of pets and the ability of the carpets to be cleaned.

Dear Bill,
We regret to hear that this was your experience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to further address your concerns.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Contracted with Empire to install new carpet and pad. The contract stated that they would move all big furniture. Being a disabled veteran, I'm unable to move the furniture myself. The installer showed up alone at 10:30 AM and didn't complete the job until 12:50 AM the following morning, and wanted me to do a walk through at that time. I did a walk through the next morning, and found numerous walls and baseboards scratched, and a door knob broke. I called their customer service that morning, he stated that was unacceptable and someone would call me today. No one has called.

Donna,
We understand that your time is valuable and sincerely regret to hear that you were inconvenienced by two missed sale appointments. We'll be following up with you shortly to address your concerns and make things right.

Original review: June 12, 2017

We decided to have all of the carpet in our home taken out and hardwood floors put in. I got a bid from our local carpet store for $21,000. It is a 2500 sq ft two story house. A friend recommended that I call Empire for a quote. I have tried to schedule Empire 3 times in the last 5 weeks. The first time they scheduled for 1-3pm. I had to take 4 hours off of work to be home. They said I wasn't home and didn't answer the door. I was there. I checked my camera and there was a car in our court, but no one came to my door.

I let them reschedule for the next Thursday again, I took time off of work. I got a call the night before that the rep was sick and they needed to reschedule but could not do it until the next Thursday. I didn't lose my hours at work that time. The third time I scheduled for 3:00-5:00pm the next Thursday. I got a call at 2:45pm that they overbooked the rep and he couldn't come. I would have to reschedule again. Then, I was shocked that I got this email saying that they had been to my house and would like to discuss my quote with me. When I tried to reply back right away, I got this: "I will be out of the office the rest of this weekend and reply to messages as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you!" All I wanted were new floors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The gentleman coming to my home was very polite and knowledgeable and also the installer was business oriented, getting his work done quickly and neatly. I would recommend your company. Am hoping the newly laid floor will last at least 10 years+ with necessary cleaning.

We went with Empire Today since they had better on-hand stock and they could install flooring the next day. They installed some wood flooring and carpet in the living room and in two bedrooms of our rental house. Everything was A-1 and in tiptop quality.

I got new carpet installed by Empire Today at my dining room, living room, up the stairway and a hallway and they did a good job. I've been looking for carpeting for a year and couldn't find anything I liked. But Empire had what I was looking for which was different colors of like brown tweed. It had a little to the orange tone too. Empire used to make the scalloped carpet which I really loved and I can't find it anywhere anymore. The carpet I got was not even close to the scalloped carpet but I like my purchase a lot. I'm glad that I called Empire and I'd recommend them.

I had carpets installed last month in our family room by Empire Today. Our room is 18 x 22 ft and we were buying almost 500 sq ft of carpets in order to cover a 340 sq ft room. It was my understanding that it should've probably been a 6 x 22 ft piece of carpet left over. The salesman didn't have those figures with him and he was going to pull up on his computer when he got home and call me back which hasn't happened. They never answered my questions about the amount of carpet I bought. Also, I couldn't find the color or anything listed on the website that corresponds as far as what was installed such as details about the carpet, so I'm in the dark. But so far, the carpet seems to have been installed nicely, it's looking good and it's holding up well.

Dear Laurie,
We regret to hear that you feel this way and understand that your order was cancelled per your request. If you continue to have questions or concerns please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I had a sales rep in my home on 05/06/2017 and chose a floor to be installed. The sales rep called a installer while he was in my home to confirm that they could do a plywood subfloor since my home is almost 100 years old and still has the original hardwood in it that has become soft in several places. I was assured that Empire could do this at a extra charge which I agreed to. A week prior to installation I called Empire and spoke to Joanna and she assured me the plywood subfloor would be installed and the installation was scheduled for 06/10/2017. Empire called me on 06/05/2017 and confirmed my appointment and again was told the plywood subfloor would be installed and the new flooring on top of that. The installer arrived at my home about 8 am today and stated he was confused about the plywood. I told him he was suppose to lay a plywood subfloor and he said he would have to call someone.

He made the call and stated they would call him back. Instead of calling the installer Jeremy called me back and stated they didn't do subfloor work. I told him I had 3 different people to tell me they could and would, he stated he was sorry I was misinformed. I was LIED to. I also gave them a large down payment and when I called to cancel the job I asked that this money be refunded to me immediately. I was told it would be 10-15 days before I had my money back. They forced me to pay them when I scheduled this but now they are keeping my money for as long as they want. I would NOT do business with this company EVER!!! They are untruthful, unreliable and very deceptive. So my suggestion to anyone considering using Empire Flooring is to RUN FOREST RUN!!! Empire should be put out of business!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 20, 2017

After an initial frustrating install delay, Empire Today did arrive for the second appointment. I was very satisfied with the installers and the job that they did.

Dear John,
We regret to hear that your experience did not have a positive start. We understand that your installation has been completed. If you continue to have questions or concerns please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Took a day off to have my new carpeting installed and no installer arrived. Empire Today was very quick to take payment two weeks ago. I have now rescheduled but I have a feeling that it will be a NO SHOW once again. Extremely poor communication and business ethics!

I went to Empire Today a couple of years ago and recently they installed a carpet in our home. The installation was good and it was done quickly and professionally. The installers made sure everything was clean.

My kids had dealt with Empire Today before and they were happy about it, so I went with Empire as well. I had my living room, my three bedrooms and my hallway all done in laminate and the installers did a fantastic job. Plus the quality of their work is great.

Empire Today Company Profile