3.85/5
Based on 1,923 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1959, Empire Today® has provided Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Tile Flooring, and Window Treatments to over 2 million satisfied customers. Offering quality, name-brand products, Empire Today can help you find the product you want, within your budget. Empire brings hundreds of samples to your doorstep. During your free estimate, an experienced Sales Representative will help you choose a floor, take room measurements, and provide an all-inclusive price estimate. And, there’s no need to wait weeks - professional installers can install in-stock styles as soon as the next day. Offering competitive low prices and comprehensive warranties, Empire Today is committed to ensuring your Carpet and Flooring installation experience is top notch and handled by qualified and experienced contractors.

2016 American Business Awards:

The Stevies Company of the Year - Consumer Products - Bronze Winner

The Stevies Company of the Year - Customer Service Department of the Year - Consumer Products - Bronze Winner

Empire Today Video
Empire Today Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 26, 2018

5260 Empire Today Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

The salesman was amazing. He brought in sample after sample until we finally found what was perfect for our home and colors. Install was quick and painless. It took less than 2 hours for our carpet to be put in correctly.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had Empire Today put down a kitchen floor for us. We had two or three other estimates but the prices are all about the same. Empire Today was good so I went with them. Their reps weren’t in any hurry and they did a good job. The floor matches the cabinets in the kitchen and everything looks good. We got oak and they said it’s guaranteed for 15 years. We would recommend Empire Today. However, since it isn’t cheap, Empire ought to allow an extra 10 or 20% off for seniors because sometimes you gotta save up to get the floors done. And seniors would look for any money to come back.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Got a call at 8:01 a.m. in which a recorded message told me the installers would be at the location "this afternoon" and that I could speak to a representative if I wanted to, but the representative had no more information. I don't live at the location and decided to go to the house early to accomplish some others tasks before the installers arrived (I'm getting the house ready to put on the market.)

At 9:55 I was in the garage with the door open when I saw a van pull up blocking the driveway. I thought it was the previous renter coming to get his stuff from my garage, then realized no this was no one I knew. I walked toward the van and said, "Who are you?" The reply, "Empire." (Good thing I got to the house early!) Three foreigners started walking toward the house -- No, I don't mind foreigners as long as they can understand and speak in English. They couldn't. I very quickly discovered.

Entering the house, I said, "You'll be doing the bedrooms." One man, looking into bedroom #1, said, "Closets?" I said, "No, don't worry about the closets unless you have some extra piece that's been cut off that I can just put down in the closet. We didn't measure for the closets." (I may have said the word "closet" too many times and he misunderstood what I was telling him, apparently only understanding a few words of English.) They re-measured the rooms. Ok. He then ask me to "van, check carpet" so I followed him out to the van to verify they had the correct carpet. Good.

So they proceeded to take up the old carpet and got the new padding from the van, all the while chatting (and yelling at one another) in a foreign language -- probably Spanish, but I wouldn't swear to it. Ok, fine. Another man approached me in the kitchen and said something unintelligible, but I got the impression he wanted me to follow him when he stopped at the first bedroom door, pointed to the threshold and said, "Color?" I'm assuming he's asking me what color to put down on the threshold strip. "What colors do you have?" He looked at me uncomprehendingly and motioned for me to follow him to the van (At least he realized I had asked a question. Thank goodness for inflection.)

Ok, by now I know this guy doesn't have a clue what I'm saying and I'm going to prove it. At the van, he shows me two metal strips, one gold, one silver. I looked at him and very politely said, "Which one would you recommend?" His response was a look of total incomprehension. He's pointing to them again. I said (specifically not pointing), "Let's go with the gold." He doesn't understand and just looks at me with a blank stare. I proved it. Doesn't know colors in English. I pointed to the gold strip and the job proceeded.

So when they got around to getting my new carpet out of the van (which was a sort of silvery grey color--light), they proceeded to unroll the carpet across the entire street! This is a suburban house in a quiet, but not isolated neighborhood. I was just waiting for a neighbor's car to drive by and run over my carpet! Luckily that didn't happen, but when they proceeded to cut the carpet and fold it over to pick up the individual parts, they flipped it over and part of the top of the carpet (the part you see of course, not the underlayment) was on the street! And I'm thinking to myself, "Well now that was intelligent!" But I'll wait and see after installation.

So, they start installing. At one point, as the one guy who knew a few words of English said to me, "closets" and pointed. I wasn't sure what he was trying to say about the closets so I went and looked and yes, they had installed the new carpet in the closets of the two bedrooms they were working on -- not the master suite. Ok, better have enough carpet to complete the job, I thought. Foreign chattering, yelling between the rooms, music playing, ok.

Now, it's about 85 degrees outside so I had turned the air conditioner on 72 to make sure it was comfortable for them to be working. (I had also turned on the self-cleaning oven on so that was warming things up a bit!) Two of the guys, including the one who spoke one English word, started working in the master bedroom (I was in the kitchen. Same floor--small house.) He came to me and said some kind of unintelligible utterance and walked back down the hallway. I gathered he wanted me to follow, which I did. He was standing by the thermostat, pointing at it and trying to say something which I couldn't begin to understand. He's gesturing with a "thumbs up" motion while pointing at the thermostat.

I'm trying to ask, "Do you want it up? Warmer?" He looks at the other guy standing there, says something; the other guy can't help him because he doesn't understand English either. He's shaking his head no. "You want it cooler?" I said. Shaking his head no. I tried changing the setting to reflect "73, 74, 75", he's shaking his head no. I go back down on the thermostat "74, 73, 72", he's shaking his head no. I'm confused! The two of them are standing there looking at me like there's something wrong with me! And the one is pointing at the thermostat. I finally said, "You want me to turn it off?" I turned it off. That got a hearty nod. Geez! Why can't people working in America -- where we speak English, learn to speak English if they want to work in this country? Drives me nuts!

They did do a good job, except the master bedroom closet has the old carpet in it. Oh well. Not a huge deal, but I would have preferred, If they were going to install the carpet in the closets -- which I had initially told them we hadn't measure for, but they probably didn't understand me, I would have preferred the master bedroom walk-in closet instead of the other bedrooms. Now, if you care about American workers doing American jobs, don't hire Empire. If you'd like to actually communicate with workers in your home, don't hire Empire.

I think I'll be calling ICE about Empire's installers. They're probably not here legally and work cheap. I have no problem with people coming to America for a better life. I just firmly believe they should do so legally and learn the language! How many of us go to a foreign country to work without learning the prevailing language of that country? Senseless.

Lavada,
We're disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and we'll be reviewing your concerns.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We were very pleased. Our friends, Charles and Phyllis ** have your company installing about 900 ft. of flooring as I write this. I only hope that their installers were as polite and courteous as ours were. We love our floors very much and we will continue to refer our friend to Empire Today. Thank you.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Empire provided quick, clean and quality service as well as product. They arrived on time, were a pleasure to deal with and I would recommend them to my friends. I used them before to install my wood floors. It is now three years and they still look like they are new. Great company... they produce what they claim to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

Original review: May 21, 2018

I needed something fast and Empire gave a faster response than the other companies. Plus I went with them for the time they were available. They installed the carpet in my home's bedroom and stairs. The carpet type was on sale and it was a good price. It met my expectations and I like its feel and thickness.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We had used Empire previously but with another house. They were highly recommended and they were very good. We had laminated kitchen flooring done by Empire Today and we had the whole house carpeted other than the kitchen and our laundry room. Everything has been fine. We tried to match the flooring with the color of the house and everything turned out great. We changed the kitchen flooring after we first picked out something different a bit lighter. But then, when we saw it and realized it wasn’t gonna match, we changed it a couple of days before we had it installed and everything went well.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I am writing this note to document the absolutely disgraceful experience I had with Empire Today. May 10th: One of Empire’s “Flooring Consultants” came to our new home to measure and provide pricing. We informed him that it was critical that our carpet be installed in our new home prior to our move on May 19th. Obviously, it’s much easier, less work and less cost to install carpet when there’s nothing there. By the way, I won’t name the consultant as I happen to believe his intentions were OK. In any event, after checking with whomever he checks with, he assured us that our carpet would be installed on May 17th. We had actually priced carpet elsewhere and knew that Empire’s pricing was a bit higher. But, for the convenience and commitment to have it installed when we needed it, we decided to pay that premium.

May 16th: Empire’s Customer Service Department called to say we’d be getting a call in the morning to let us know when our installers would be there. May 17th: I received a call at approximately 7:20 with a message that Empire would not be able to install the carpet today because they had no installers available. But no worries as they’d be happy to install it a few weeks from now. After I cooled down, suggested a simple ideas: why not ask if they could install it tomorrow. I called customer service back and after some holds and checking, I was told that yes, in fact, they could install it tomorrow. Again was told that someone would phone me by 10:30 to let me know when they’d be there. I also received a text confirming that my carpet would be installed tomorrow.

May 18th: The day I’m documenting this and a day before I’m moving. By 10:30 I had not received a call from an installer. After calling customer service, I was told I’d be hearing from someone by 11:00. Still didn’t happen. At 11:10 I received a call from the Tampa office who informed that they would not be installing my carpet today. They had no installers. When I asked why I was told they would be installing, I was told that customer service just says that and they really don’t check with the offices who do the installations. Again, I was beyond disgusted. I cancelled my order.

This is an absolute disgrace. It shows an absolute lack of integrity and it’s the ultimate in bait and switch. I committed to working with them for the specific promise made that they clearly didn’t care about keeping. This company should not be allowed to do business this way with no repercussion. I know I’m not the only dissatisfied customer as there are 524 negative reviews on the Better Business Bureaus website. I intend to continue to make this experience public so others won’t be subject to the same disgraceful treatment.

Robert,
We're sorry to hear this! We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I called around companies to purchase rug for my mother's basement and went with Empire Today because I've used them before and they did a good job then. They did a good job as well this time and the flooring they installed has met my expectations. Also, they were quick, clean, and polite.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had laminate flooring installed by Empire Today in my entire home. I looked at other brands and found that Empire was a bit more expensive, but I liked the presentation that the sales rep gave. She came out to my house at 8 o'clock at night and stayed 'till after 10:00. She's very professional. She showed me everything, gave me lots of choices and I like that. It was a convenient thing for me as well. I have three grandchildren at home that I take care of all the time because my daughter passed away and I didn't have time to go out and just shop for a lot of laminate. When you have a 1-1/2-year-old, a 3-1/2-year-old and an 8-year-old in your house 24/7, you do not want carpet.

I love everything about the flooring. I love the color. We're having some remodeling done right now but I have to go with the flooring before everything so it's lovely but the time I finish. But so far, it has met my expectations. Empire is prompt and very efficient. And as far as price goes, they might be a little more expensive but for the quality and workmanship and the install, it's worth it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2018

So I am a bit miffed at this time. I ordered 5500.00 worth of Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring for my house and thought I was going to get a professional installation. Was I wrong. Don't get me wrong the floors are beautiful but the finishing work is extremely shotty at best. I would think that for that amount of money the quarter round that was put down around the baseboards would have had returns added on the ends to make the work look finished, not left with bare wood ends that look like I did the work myself rather than paying a lot of money for someone to do a professional job. Also the installers left a broken flat screen tv at my house for me to dispose of that was originally in their truck at the time of install. How unprofessional is that? If you don't want your trash why do you think I would?

The contractors that did the installation also caused damages to my plumbing in the bathroom, which cost me 300.00 to fix, and they damaged the dryer vent on the dryer when putting it back in place. I have tried to contact the company since the installation to get these issues resolved and after a week of complaints the installation manager finally came to the house on 05/11/18 to take a look at the issues first hand. Upon arrival he informed me that I had "refused to pay for 300.00 dollars of build up work" that the installers had to do when doing the installation. I was NEVER informed of additional charges at the time of the installation nor was I ever presented with any paperwork showing additional charges had been assessed, and this was the first time I had ever heard this accusation. I also have not ever been given a receipt for the check payment I gave them at the time of install.

He agreed with me that the job did not look professional and told me he would contact me back on Monday 5/14/18. Well here it is Friday 05/18/18 and I still have not heard anything from him. At this point I have lost faith that the job is ever going to be resolved but I am hoping by writing this review we can finally put an end to this issue.

Doug,
Thank you for making us aware of this matter. We'll be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We called to have hardwood flooring installed throughout our downstairs. The appointment was set and we were pleased with the choices and the assistance of our sales consultant. Upon arrival with the materials it was determined that the choices made were not compatible with concrete floor they were to be installed over. After a second appointment we settled on a combination of hard surfaces and carpet with assurance that this would remedy the problem... it didn't! The hard surfaces were installed without issue and looks great. The installers were professional and efficient. On the same day the carpet installers arrived and were unhappy by the size of the job, the requirement to move furniture and tear out and dispose of old carpet... They stated it was a job that required at least 4 people. They were aggressive, foul mouthed and very condescending. After talking and arguing with their manager, they left without doing anything.

After 2 dozen calls to the sales rep, customer service, the Detroit manager etc, all we hear are promises. Getting anyone on the phone is impossible. I find that I have been charged not only for the hard surface installation, but the carpet installation as well despite assurances that the billing would be corrected. No authorization or signatures approved the charges beyond the hard surface flooring. This fraudulent behavior is shocking and unethical if not outright illegal. Buyer beware. Thankfully Wells Fargo called to verify these charges or I would still be in the dark... much appreciated. BUY AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

Charles,
Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We'll be looking into your concerns.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My husband hired the Empire people and we had a great experience. They have a good reputation and were efficient. We had carpet installed in three rooms and we like their job. And the rep was very nice and professional. The guy was here on time and the product is great. I love the color and the material of the carpet. It was a very thick carpet. My expectations were met by Empire. I will be calling to have Empire do my living room as well. I would tell my friends that they can't go wrong with Empire and that Empire did a great job.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I used Empire Today years ago and they're the only flooring company I have used. I recently went with them again and had carpet installed in my hallway. I like the color and the carpet is nice. I really love it. All in all, Empire Today was very good to me and everything went well.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Terrible, my carpet is 9 months old. I purchased the top padding and carpet (Mohawk). Carpet is very worn and after cleaning it has spots reappearing. My sales guy Brian said warranty 10 years, will not wear, will not show spots or they will replace it. Just received a call from Empire after 6 weeks from the time the technician and inspector came out. The manufacture said the carpet is fine and will not warranty. $8,000.00 later. Seriously do not trust this company.

Sherrie,
We regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations. We'll be in touch with you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Empire Today had done some work for us before, some laminate flooring in the living room, and they did a great job, so I called them back. It was time to update the kitchen floor because it had been 20 years. It was a linoleum type of product that Empire Today put in the kitchen floor here not long ago. The rep was a nice guy and did a really good job. They were very efficient. The installers also did a great job. They went right to work and didn't stop until they were finished. My flooring's great and I love it. I went from carpet to that laminate flooring. In the next year, I'd probably go with getting my bedrooms done and carpet.

The main thing I considered was people's ability to do a really good job at what they do, and that would be the advice I would give anybody that was thinking about having laminate put down. I would tell my friends to call and get an estimate from Empire Today. I'm the kind of person that gets two to three estimates and doesn't just go with the first company. I try to do a little investigating what kind of work they do. But if a friend asked me, I'd tell him to call Empire and let them come out and give him an estimate. If it was reasonable, I'd go with them. Otherwise, I'd get another estimate. I would definitely recommend Empire Today.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had some laminate flooring installed by Empire Today. It was what my wife wanted and she picked it out. The rep was very personable and he showed a lot of different products. The installation team was really nice. However, what we thought we were getting and what we got were two different things. I expected a 10 but what I got was a 7. The flooring wound up being very, very thin as compared to what was shown. One must make sure to know what they're getting because once you made up your mind and you sign on the dotted line, there ain't nothing you can do about it. But as long as the wife's happy, it's all good.

Steve,
Your feedback is important to us, and we'll be further reviewing your concerns.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had some Berber carpet from Empire Today installed in my bedrooms. Empire is not as high as CC Carpet, which I also talked to, so I went with them. Besides, Empire is a good brand. It's fine, as far as I'm concerned. And, since Berber was what I wanted, their representative brought in some sample and that's all he brought in. The carpet is durable and easy to vacuum. I'm 89 years old and I can’t push a heavy vacuum so it's okay.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My daughter got an advertisement on her computer that Empire Today was on 75% off, so even though I wasn't thinking of replacing the carpet, I decided it was time to contact Empire Today and get a good deal with the sale. We ended up getting laminate flooring for the family room, the living room, the dining room and the hallway. The product we got, however, was a bit thinner than I expected. But after it was installed, it seems to be holding up. The installers did a good job. We were supposed to have three guys but the third one was sick so the two guys needed a couple of days to do the job. The first day, they ripped out the carpeting, did some preparation and did some work. Then the next day, they finished. And I was happy with them. I had Empire before so I went with them and I would go with them again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Sales rep worked with us to pick out the correct ceramic tile and grout, along with quarter round trim. At time of installation, the installer began to lay tile with no grout. I called the sales rep and told him of the problem and told the installer to stop the installation. The sales rep called back and said they had to complete the installation because it was a 'hazard' to not complete the tile. I didn't understand this and the installer was pressuring us that he had to finish or he wouldn't get paid. The sales rep agreed to come out and assess the job.

He came out and assessed the job and took several pictures. He agreed the job was not correct and the workmanship was very bad. He apologized over and over. He also said that the installation crew had been fired. It is now 1 month later and a new installation date was provided and yet, no one showed up. I believe the sales rep is genuine, but Empire clearly has a problem with resources to install and communication with them. The sales rep has mentioned he has shared this with his manager, but no one else has contacted me. In short, they did not deliver what they stated (in writing), did a very poor job and have not resolved the job or repaired the damage to my home.

Blair,
We're sorry to hear about this, and we apologize sincerely. We'll be following up with you soon to learn more.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We had some laminate flooring done by Empire in our kitchen. We were told that it would be a little more pet-friendly than the wood floors. Installation went very well. It is finished, but the Empire guys are coming back to fix something that somebody else from another company messed up. Nevertheless, Empire Today was a pleasant experience. They did a great job both times that they came out, so we have been really happy.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I had Empire Today install tile in my kitchen and carpet in my family room. I liked how they did the family room so much. The guys they sent out to put the carpet down were excellent. They did a beautiful job. So, I also wanted the two bedrooms done. I had the guy gave me a price on the bedrooms and I was okay with it and I ordered the same carpet for my bedroom. On the day of installation, the rep called me and told me the carpet was discontinued. And I said, “Well, how can it be discontinued and how did y’all let me order it?” My house was a mess. My mom is 83 years old, she's sleeping on a couch and I got all the furniture everywhere because I took all the furniture out of the bedroom for them to do the carpet.

I talked to a lady at Empire and she said that they’ll let me pick another carpet and they would give me a discount off the price they already gave me just because it was their fault. I called back and heard nobody confirmed it and they gave me a long runaround. I asked them why someone can't do it as it was their fault. I’m a loyal customer and I'm trying to do my whole house. I was very disappointed in Empire’s service. They put a person after person on the phone like they didn’t even know who I talked to. One person finally told me who I talked to but they couldn’t get the lady on the phone. Then I told them that I don’t even want their carpet anymore and I cancelled the order. When I was buying a new carpet, Empire was okay and honest, but when I had a problem, they did not help me. Right now, I wouldn’t recommend Empire Today to anybody.

Regina,
We regret to hear about the miscommunication that you received, and we'll be further investigating your concerns.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’ve been using Empire Today because they are quick. However, I only purchase carpet from them and they do the installation. I used them in Amityville for a set of steps and that was fine but I’ve used them in a job in The Park and I wasn’t happy with it. I’ve already called and I have somebody coming to examine it.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’m almost 68 years old. I live alone in a one-bed apartment without a pet. I had carpeting done in my bedroom by Empire Today 14 months before and then another 14 months later. The wear and tear was terrible. Also, I had it done several times where I live before. When I had it installed the last time, I had two installers that were so horrible. They were insulting, screaming, yelling at me. And I had every single thing out of my room that I was able to pick up because I have one piece of furniture that’s built in so that they didn’t even have to move that. However, they wouldn’t install it because they said I had a medical bed. Yet I don't have a medical bed, it was a Craftmatic type of bed.

So I spoke to the manager of the installation area of Empire and he was also crazy. Then I got a call from a man named Trevor who was wonderful. He was more of a district manager and he handled the problem perfectly and I told him the whole story. I told him that the installation manager didn't even wanna listen and I'm certainly capable of articulating that my carpeting was installed so many times with the same bed. A week later, I got my carpeting installed by a different installer and he did the best job and he put everything back for me and he got a $100 tip. Other than that, the salesman who sold it to me was the most wonderful, kindest, gentlest, quickest, nicest man. His name was Michael and he's the same salesman who helped me 14 months ago. While I had a very bad experience with the very first two installers, the other installer did a good job. Overall, I still recommend Empire Today.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Stay as far away from Empire Today as possible. Salesman sold me on a hardwood floor, then installer said it could not be installed in my kitchen. Talked me into a laminate floor, and the install was crap. Could have done a better job myself and saved myself the headache of a crap install that still needs to be correct.

Brian,
We regret to hear this, and will be looking further into your account.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I purchased the luxury vinyl flooring. They came out promptly to install it. The only problem was they realized they were 2 boxes short in the end. The installer assured me he would be back the next weekend to finish. I waited all day the next Saturday, they were a no call no show. I called customer service many times, they said they couldn’t get in touch with the installers and didn’t know what to tell me. The manager Larry assured me that the next Saturday I would be the first stop that morning. I waited all day again and the installers showed up at 7:30 pm! If you use Empire pray everything goes smooth because if you have an issue with anything there is zero customer service and many excuses. I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone. If I could give them zero stars I would.

Dear Debra,

Thank you! We've located your order, and we'll be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns, and start working on a resolution.

Original review: May 13, 2018

A salesperson came to my house to show me and a neighbor flooring. We both have the same house model. I wanted to see different types of flooring, such as engineered hardwood, vinyl and laminate. He brought in the laminate and vinyl but not the engineered hardwood. Not much of a choice, much less than it shows on the website. He said that he didn't have time to show me the engineered hardwood because he had another appointment. He arrived an hour after the beginning of the two hour time frame due to traffic. That I can understand but telling me he did not have time to show the flooring was not professional. I did like one of the other types but wasn't completely sold. Got the sales pitch of bringing the flooring down in price and then when I told him I wouldn't be signing a contract at that time, he seemed to lose interest. Might be done with this company.

Laurie,
We're sorry to know that your sales experience did not meet your expectations. We'll be looking into your concerns.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Empire is the best choice for what one wants to be done. I liked their price and I had them install carpet on two levels of our home. I like that our flooring is new and that it matches perfectly. The two guys who came out and did the work were very polite, professional, considerate, and they deserved a recommendation for anything.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Quality is why we chose Empire and we’ve been a customer for the past 15 years. We've never experienced any problems and we went back to them to install carpeting on the hallways, four bedrooms, and stairs in our home. We like our salesperson. This was the first time we had him and he was very nice. They didn't have the carpet that we ordered so they gave us a better quality carpet which cost more. But it was our other choice of carpet which was very nice. Then, when they were moving our furniture, they broke our bed. Our bedroom furniture was brand-new and it has never been moved, Empire was the only people that ever moved it. But we never called about it. I'm a claim adjuster and it would be more pain in the butt to go through a claim with them than to just fix it ourselves. I thank that my husband is handy.

A follow-up call from a customer service representative would have been nice after it was installed to ask if everything was okay. We could have explained what had happened with our bedroom furniture at that point. We experienced a couple of difficulties this time but overall, the experience was great. Call the sales guy that we had because he was very customer service friendly. He followed up even when he had his own family to deal with and he was still following up with us to get our problem fixed the night before our carpet was supposed to be installed.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I was very happy with my experience with Empire Today. The salesman came out and he was very knowledgeable. He had a lot of patience and answered all our family’s questions. The team that came out and installed the floor was very professional. They were very respectful and cleaned up the mess when they left. Also, they came out when they said they were gonna come out. The floor is of really good quality and better than I anticipated. We got the hardwood and it was quite a large sized room, a 23 x 31, which was a lot to cover and it looked really good when they put it down. It's really durable and I’m really happy. I would definitely recommend Empire. I would tell my friends to give them a call, be open-minded and see what they tell them. So far, everything came in good.

Empire Today expert review by Joseph Truini

The year 1959 saw the founding of Empire Today in Chicago. Since then, the business has grown into a true empire with locations in the majority of U.S. states.

• Products: Empire Today offers carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient vinyl, tile, even window blinds and shades. Free-in-home estimates are available.

• Financing: Empire Today and Wells Fargo Bank offer financing, including an interest-free option, that charges no interest for 12 months. Another option gives you a 48-month payoff time frame at 9.99 percent interest rate.

• Warranties: Empire Today warranties run a lifetime in some cases, with a still-respectable 30 years in several other cases.

• Outdoor carpeting: Empire sells carpeting for porches, patios and decks. Their short pile height helps keep crushes and dents from forming.

• Installation: Installations are performed by independent contractors who work with Empire Today. Options include next-day installation and half-price deals.

• Best for: Luxury shoppers, budget seekers and people with pets and kids stand to find what they need from Empire Today.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Empire Today Company Information