toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had three rooms done in carpet by Empire Today and it was very quick and easy. The guys that came out to install it was able to finish the job in three hours. They helped us out in moving the furniture that was in there and put stuff right back to where it was at. We walked around with them and looked at all the closets and space that they had done and everything was great. We were going to look into other brands but the sales pitch by Empire was too good to be put down. We were thinking about getting hardwood and the hardwood was a little too expensive for what we were thinking. The price tag on the carpet was perfect. We have three girls in one room and a 13-year-old boy in the other and the carpet has been holding up pretty well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a carpet and a laminate flooring installed in my home and Empire gave me the best deal. I was looking at the same carpet with a different company and it was almost twice the amount of the price for the installation and purchase of the exact same carpet. My friends recommended Empire to me and they recommended Jason, the guy that came to my house. I told him my budget and he tried to go around it and worked with me. We kept calling each other back and forth for a few days and I wasn't really sure if I'd do it. It's a lot of money to spend and you have to get various pricing. But he was real patient with me and gave me some different options. He could've easily given me the most expensive ones but he didn't. I also didn't want to compromise on the quality and he did what I wanted. I like its quality for the price that I got and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

We're very pleased with the high quality of work done by Empire's installers. We had carpeting installed along with new porcelain tiles in our downstairs kitchen and bathroom. We felt the tile grout needed a bit more attention to bring it level to the tile lip. Empire responded immediately and the installer returned and finished the job to our specifications, and with a very polite and upbeat attitude. He was extremely professional. We are longstanding Empire customers and will continue to use their services whenever we need carpeting, tile or window blind treatments.

I most emphatically recommend Empire Today if you are even considering flooring changes or upgrades to your home. I realize that many of us want to support our "local" vendors when we purchase anything, but if you are looking at your flooring as an investment in your home, then it must be approached as a business decision, and factors such as price, product quality, quality installation, and customer service are what guides my decision; and Empire Today is going to outshine your "local" vendor in every area.

We started with simply wanting to get rid of our off-white carpeting that was literally an embarrassment, due to it being so hard to keep clean. We first looked at one of the "Big Box" home improvement stores, thinking we might save some money if we did it ourselves. Well, the "Big Box" store was too busy to even call us back to set up an appointment, plus the price they quoted, $2000, required us to do all the pre-prep and tear out all the old carpet and linoleum, which was 16 years old. My wife and I are both busy professionals, and did not have 2 months to spend our weekends tearing our house up, plus figuring out a way to haul all the stuff away. Now, the "Big Box" product was a pre-laminate hardwood that had sticky stuff and foam on the bottom.

Let's take a look now at Empire. Sales: The Sales Representative who came to our home, David **, on a day and time that was convenient for us, was extremely friendly and took however long we needed to view a variety of hardwoods in both quality and price. Thank you again David! Pricing: You will not find a better deal on product and installation than you will get from Empire. Trust me, we looked around. Also, they offer great financing plans and we will have our floors paid for at exactly what they cost in about 10 month with no interest!

Installation: their crews are extremely professional and efficient. They arrived at our home at 11am and had completed our living room, dining room, and kitchen by 6pm! All the old stuff gone and all the furniture and appliances back in place and the new floors cleaned. The installers even went so far as to suggest modifications that would make our finished product more attractive and better installed, and performed them at no extra cost. We also had some very complex cuts that needed to be performed in certain areas, but for this team, it was no problem. The finished product is flawless.

Customer Service: again, Empire Today is exceptional. When I would call them, they would already have my account pulled up on their screen, and were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful at all times. Empire Today wants your business, and they will do everything possible to get it within reason. You want the bottomline don't you? Here is the bottom line: I have a floor in my home that should've cost about $10,000 for less than $4,000! And it was all done in 7 hours, the financing was exactly as promised, and my wife and I could not be more ecstatic and satisfied.

Would I recommend Empire Today to a friend? I would recommend Empire Today to anyone thinking of new flooring in their home! For an investment of under $4,000, I have increased the value of my home by 15-20K! And, we got rid of the embarrassing carpets that we literally covered with area rugs, and the disgusting old linoleum that required scrubbing on your hands and knees every 2 weeks. Thank you Empire Today, for the exceptional service, quality product, installation, and price. My wife and I could not have made our dream of hardwood floors in our home come true without you. Before you buy or hire anyone else, contact Empire Today! If you don't you will regret it because you will pay too much, get a less quality product and may have your home in shambles for who knows how long.

I am contacting you about a claim I made about my floor. Someone contacted me about it and had me send them photos of the damage and they said that they can't help me because it looks like water damage. How can you tell from a photo it is water damage just because they are separating from each other and they are in area where they said there would be water damage because one is near a sink, one is near a bathroom and so on and so forth. I really wish I could get my floors replaced under my 30 year warranty.

Me and my mom are both disabled and legally blind and on a fix income and can't afford new floors or the cost of it. My mom is on dialysis and in a wheelchair and soon or later these floors will become a danger for her big time since she use her chair to get around the house. So if someone can please get someone to look at this and get this to go through my 30 year warranty I would be very appreciative. Thank you for your time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

I must say that the customer service representative that took my order was very informative on services available. Your rep provided options as far as products and scheduling. I am overall very satisfied with the Carpet installation done by Empire Today at my home. Thank you guys.

We went straight to Empire because of two reasons. One was I used Empire before over at my condominium and I was very pleased. And the second reason is we had a laminate floor put in by my son. He does the laminate work and we told him we were going to go with carpet in the living room. He said, "You want to go with Empire. They'll do the best job. You'll get the best value." So we were already thinking about Empire then we got that endorsement, so we did it.

We had carpet installed in the living room, in our stairway and in our landing upstairs. It was a great experience from the time the sales guy came out until the work was done. The flooring looks good and it's working just fine for us. I like the color of it and the way it goes with the rest of the room. The gentleman that sold it to us told us about the feature that guards against pet urine being a problem going into the pad. We got that feature so that if there's anything spilled or any liquid goes on the carpet, we can clean it up with soap and water and it doesn't go into the pad. That's not a general problem for us but we really like that feature.

Dear Matthew,
We regret to hear that you were disappointed with your sales experience and assure you that this is not the level of service that we expect for our customers. We will be investigating further into this matter.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I needed to have carpet installed quickly so I called Empire Today, but now wish I hadn't gone to them directly. The sales rep was helpful but I definitely overpaid. Originally for 800 sq. ft., he quoted me $2,200. I laughed at him and asked him to leave. Then he said they could do it for a thousand in change. I thought about it and decided to do it. But I had a similar carpet put in which was about 1,200 sq. ft., 50% more, and I paid a bit less. I wouldn’t recommend it for the price, but anything else, I’d recommend Empire Today.

I've had carpet installed by Empire Today on my home. I figured that I would check them out first and they met my satisfaction. I knew what I wanted so it worked out fine. So far, the carpet has met my expectations and I'd recommend them.

Empire Today installed carpets in my daughter's room and the middle room upstairs. We didn’t shop around too much but Empire's price is okay. We went with them because of the time they're able to do the installation. We wanted something right away and they were able to do it fast and the soonest. They did a good job and our carpet looks good. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Empire Today did fine with the rugs installed at the lower level of my house. I've also had the rugs once before and we got good service so we purchased from them again. I like the way the rugs wore and the way Empire put the rugs in. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend them to friends.

I had carpeting installed through Empire Today. But before going to them, we went to a couple of local places and the price of Empire Today seemed better. The sales people were very nice, and so was the installation team. They were polite, and they cleaned up after themselves. Everything went well and we're very pleased with the carpeting, which looks good and has a very good quality.

Empire Today is very good. I had carpet installed in my home. They gave me a better price compared to other brands and they did excellent work as well.

I have seen Home Depot’s floor but I never go there because I don’t have anybody to put it in. One of my friends told me about Empire. She said they did a nice job and they moved the furniture and all, so I said I’ll go with them. Empire did a nice job with our steps' carpet and laminate flooring in the hallway upstairs. They were very well-mannered and reliable.

The gentleman who sold me the carpet and flooring took his time and I told him what I was looking for. I didn’t have to worry about somebody putting something down in places that I won’t be satisfied. He confirmed it that I chose the one that they were putting down and he said, “If you’re not satisfied, you could call me back after you walk on it for some time." But I was satisfied so all was good. I like the floor and the laminate flooring because they're easy to clean. I just take a damp mop and wipe up the dirt.

I have tiles installed by Empire Today on the kitchen floor. All of them were very nice and professional. And if the two people that I had, approached other customers like they approached me, the company will grow fast. I would recommend them any time to anybody.

Insufficient response received

Dear Dave,
We are disappointed that you feel this way. We assure you that your concerns are important to us and we will be reviewing this matter further.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My flooring was installed in 2014. It was $5000 for laminate flooring. It's 2 years later and the flooring is buckling and chipped. The Empire salesman told me Empire makes its own flooring and uses wax between the boards to seal them tightly. The installer said that's not true. He installed Shaw Flooring, not a flooring made by Empire. In regards to my complaint, the Empire salesman said I am outside my 1 year warranty and the chipping and buckling is probably our fault. It would cost me more money for them to come out and inspect. I am so upset by this company. I would never use or recommend them. I thought I was spending extra for a warranty and peace of mind. I just recently paid the floor off and now it's falling apart.

Dear Lindsay,
We regret to hear that your experience was not a positive one.We understand that you have decided to cancel your order. If you continue to have questions and/or concerns please email us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

We have entered a contract with Empire to have over 2000 square feet of carpet installed. We were told they would have it done by today. Unfortunately, they called and cancelled on us for our first appointment. We rescheduled for today, and they got the appointment time wrong and are now not scheduled until later this week. One BIG reason for choosing them was the quick installation. We are awaiting carpet install to be able to move and had made many other plans around the carpet install schedule. We are so disappointed and they haven't even shown up. If our appointment gets pushed again we are contacting the Better Business Bureau and will pursue complete refund of our deposit!

I had hardwood floors put in for my home by Empire Today, and it has met my expectations. The sales reps that came out were very nice and the guy who installed the flooring by himself was wonderful. I have no complaints with Empire Today at all. In fact, I've recommended to two friends.

When I first moved here, Empire did my whole apartment. Recently, I also got them to install the carpet for my bedroom and my hall. The installers were friendly and cleaned up after themselves. I'd recommend Empire Today.

Dear Mr. Klages,
We regret to hear about your experience and assure you that your concerns are important to us. We are unable to locate your account. Please email your account information to customersupport@empiretoday.com, so we can further assist you, and mention Consumer Affairs in the subject line.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

This has to be the worst company I have ever worked with. The installers horrible. Customer service horrible. Trying to get in touch with someone to fix the repairs that the installers made was impossible. Not to mention they use the worst product I have ever seen and left marks and dents in the floor and they're the installers lol. I spent over $8,000 in flooring with this company and it was the worst money I have ever spent in my life. If you want a recommendation please do not use this company. You will be wasting your money.

Dear Prisilla,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely regret to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your product. We will review this matter further and will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I got from Empire Today some flooring and a carpet that was put into my bedroom. The flooring was fine but we're not so happy with the carpet. We had problems with the carpet so the installation team came and worked on it. The carpet is still in the corners not put down correctly and I went round and round with this carpet trying to get it right. But we’re going to go with it because we’re tired of messing with it.

With Empire Today there was no money down and no interest. It was convenient to get the carpeting of my home. That helped since my credit had not been so good lately. I like the carpet they have installed in general. The employees are fast and efficient as well. It was a good experience.

I was on a time limit and Empire Today was very quick so I got them to install carpeting in my home. The installers were very helpful and worked very hard. The design and color of the carpet are my favorite features.

Because of a previous positive experience that we had with Empire Today, we got them do the carpeting in our bedroom. We were trying to match it to our previous installation. Our salesman Jim does a really good job. It was a very good experience.

I went with Empire Today because it's a big company and I figured if something went wrong with the floor they would stand behind their work. I had them install laminate floors in my home and the color was amazing. The workers that they sent out worked hard and were courteous and so it was a good experience.

The quality of the floorings I got from Empire Today was good. I had wood flooring for my dining and living rooms, and ceramic tile for the kitchen. The sales rep was great too and the installation team was very professional. It's just that the tiles in my kitchen are brown but the installation guy put white trimmings around the kitchen floor. I love the floor but I wish they had put brown trimmings like they did in the living room. I didn't know it was white until it was all done and I would have stopped it earlier. I talked to the guy who worked on it and told him I'll just paint it with brown. They said it's how it's supposed it be.

I had my guest bedroom carpet done through Empire Today. We found the price to be comfortable compared to other brands. The carpet also matches what we already had. They had it in stock and it was done the next day. It was a quick, easy and convenient experience and I appreciated it.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Empire Today

Dear Nancy, We regret to hear that your installation did not take place as planned. We understand that you have decided to cancel your order, and per your request we have placed you on a do not contact list. If you continue to have questions and/or concerns don’t hesitate to contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I am only sorry I have to give them any stars. What a waste of time. Of course their "50/50" deal only applied to certain products. All we wanted was to pick out flooring, get a price, and get on with our night. The salesman called his boss to get us a "good deal". It was more than we wanted to pay, but we were willing to go with it. But first we had to sit through his life story. He did the typical salesman tricks trying to win over the wife (me) and seal the deal. He took up a couple hours of our time talking about himself. What he failed to do was his job. He never checked the flooring under our carpet. When the installers came out that was the first thing they did. They told us they were certain our tile was asbestos and because of that we couldn't get the hardwood we had picked because it would have to be nailed in. You can't do that with asbestos. If he had done his job we would have picked out another flooring right then and there, but instead they have lost a sale.

Just out of curiosity we asked the installers to measure. The salesman hadn't even gotten the measurements right. They would not have had enough flooring to complete the job. I wasted two vacation days on these people. They have since contacted me three times. The second time I asked them not to contact me again or I would post this information online... so here I am. Moral of the story - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH EMPIRE.

Dear Shondele,
We regret to hear about your experience and assure you that we take all your concerns very seriously. We understand that we have been in contact with you regarding this matter and we will continue to follow up until a solution is reached.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Problem: I purchased service for vinyl flooring product and installation. I paid half of the amount (Oct.2016). The rest was financed (Fortiva). The contractors did the work in 2 days (told 1). Same day of completion I pointed out several gaps and overlaps in the planks (space in between and planks not flush side by side). They said it was normal, put glues on a few pieces. I called the customer service dept. the next day to file complaint. I even contacted the salesperson Lewis ** with concerns that day. This was repeated several times from Oct until now. During that time I have had 3 inspectors come out (from contractors that did the poor job). 1 took pictures and then reported no issue. Others took notes and tried to make repairs and could not. The service representatives set appointments without telling me when appointments were set (Mandy and Yvette). I had to take time off of work. Did not get follow up phone calls after inspectors came out.

I'd call and inquire after a week. I called the corporate number several times and kept getting transferred to the same people that were mishandling the information and concerns. I stated I needed a resolution before I continued to pay on the account given that the gaps were already collecting dust and moisture. I spoke to Julio ** 12/23/16 about replacement advised by inspector. 12/30/16 contractors called and asked if I was getting a totally different product than the original work.

They arrived with a child. They complained about doing the job. They'd take it up but I'd have no floor until Jan. 3 when they'd come back and finish 23 day job. They told me that they could do a floating floor and I should call and request that. Floating floors are substantially less than what I originally paid. They denied that it would be. They called mgmt and cancelled job and told me to reschedule. I called back & got a voicemail. I no longer trust the company and follow thru. An independent contractor confirmed poor work.

Empire Today installed carpet into my bedrooms. Their installers were great and on time. In one bedroom they installed carpet inside the closet which I wasn't expecting but that was fine, they asked first. But they weren't able to put the closet doors back on. So I had a handyman that came in to do it and he had to remove the carpet from the closet in order to put the doors back on. That was my only complaint and I've used Empire for years. And I'd still recommend them.

Empire Today Company Profile