toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had three rooms done in carpet by Empire Today and it was very quick and easy. The guys that came out to install it was able to finish the job in three hours. They helped us out in moving the furniture that was in there and put stuff right back to where it was at. We walked around with them and looked at all the closets and space that they had done and everything was great. We were going to look into other brands but the sales pitch by Empire was too good to be put down. We were thinking about getting hardwood and the hardwood was a little too expensive for what we were thinking. The price tag on the carpet was perfect. We have three girls in one room and a 13-year-old boy in the other and the carpet has been holding up pretty well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a carpet and a laminate flooring installed in my home and Empire gave me the best deal. I was looking at the same carpet with a different company and it was almost twice the amount of the price for the installation and purchase of the exact same carpet. My friends recommended Empire to me and they recommended Jason, the guy that came to my house. I told him my budget and he tried to go around it and worked with me. We kept calling each other back and forth for a few days and I wasn't really sure if I'd do it. It's a lot of money to spend and you have to get various pricing. But he was real patient with me and gave me some different options. He could've easily given me the most expensive ones but he didn't. I also didn't want to compromise on the quality and he did what I wanted. I like its quality for the price that I got and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

We're very pleased with the high quality of work done by Empire's installers. We had carpeting installed along with new porcelain tiles in our downstairs kitchen and bathroom. We felt the tile grout needed a bit more attention to bring it level to the tile lip. Empire responded immediately and the installer returned and finished the job to our specifications, and with a very polite and upbeat attitude. He was extremely professional. We are longstanding Empire customers and will continue to use their services whenever we need carpeting, tile or window blind treatments.

I most emphatically recommend Empire Today if you are even considering flooring changes or upgrades to your home. I realize that many of us want to support our "local" vendors when we purchase anything, but if you are looking at your flooring as an investment in your home, then it must be approached as a business decision, and factors such as price, product quality, quality installation, and customer service are what guides my decision; and Empire Today is going to outshine your "local" vendor in every area.

We started with simply wanting to get rid of our off-white carpeting that was literally an embarrassment, due to it being so hard to keep clean. We first looked at one of the "Big Box" home improvement stores, thinking we might save some money if we did it ourselves. Well, the "Big Box" store was too busy to even call us back to set up an appointment, plus the price they quoted, $2000, required us to do all the pre-prep and tear out all the old carpet and linoleum, which was 16 years old. My wife and I are both busy professionals, and did not have 2 months to spend our weekends tearing our house up, plus figuring out a way to haul all the stuff away. Now, the "Big Box" product was a pre-laminate hardwood that had sticky stuff and foam on the bottom.

Let's take a look now at Empire. Sales: The Sales Representative who came to our home, David **, on a day and time that was convenient for us, was extremely friendly and took however long we needed to view a variety of hardwoods in both quality and price. Thank you again David! Pricing: You will not find a better deal on product and installation than you will get from Empire. Trust me, we looked around. Also, they offer great financing plans and we will have our floors paid for at exactly what they cost in about 10 month with no interest!

Installation: their crews are extremely professional and efficient. They arrived at our home at 11am and had completed our living room, dining room, and kitchen by 6pm! All the old stuff gone and all the furniture and appliances back in place and the new floors cleaned. The installers even went so far as to suggest modifications that would make our finished product more attractive and better installed, and performed them at no extra cost. We also had some very complex cuts that needed to be performed in certain areas, but for this team, it was no problem. The finished product is flawless.

Customer Service: again, Empire Today is exceptional. When I would call them, they would already have my account pulled up on their screen, and were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful at all times. Empire Today wants your business, and they will do everything possible to get it within reason. You want the bottomline don't you? Here is the bottom line: I have a floor in my home that should've cost about $10,000 for less than $4,000! And it was all done in 7 hours, the financing was exactly as promised, and my wife and I could not be more ecstatic and satisfied.

Would I recommend Empire Today to a friend? I would recommend Empire Today to anyone thinking of new flooring in their home! For an investment of under $4,000, I have increased the value of my home by 15-20K! And, we got rid of the embarrassing carpets that we literally covered with area rugs, and the disgusting old linoleum that required scrubbing on your hands and knees every 2 weeks. Thank you Empire Today, for the exceptional service, quality product, installation, and price. My wife and I could not have made our dream of hardwood floors in our home come true without you. Before you buy or hire anyone else, contact Empire Today! If you don't you will regret it because you will pay too much, get a less quality product and may have your home in shambles for who knows how long.

Dear Judy,

We are disappointed to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. Your concerns are important to us, and we will be in contact with you shortly to learn more.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Empire installed flooring in November 2016. Sales person stated I was getting 50% off total cost of the new floor. Installers were prompt and kept their appointment and did a good job with the installation. However, the quality of the flooring is not at all what I had selected nor expected. It not only looks like an inferior product but appears more like vinyl linoleum than wooden flooring as requested. This was selected to match the beautiful wooden steps on my stairway. This is not the case.

I called the local manager and to this day, now February 2017 and 3 months later, have not received even a phone call from him. I challenged the payment through American Express, and a female service representative called, not to listen to my concerns, but to tell me that there was no recourse, no adjustment, absolutely nothing that would be done by Empire. I could not recommend Empire Today for flooring needs. There is a reason they demand payment up front.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

Dear Maggie,
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are disappointed to hear about the lack of follow up that you have received. We will be in contact with you soon to address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

We had carpet installed in a small room. 400 sq feet. The carpet guys said they couldn't finish it because the HW guys didn't put the transition piece in correctly. The HW guy blamed it on the carpet guys. 3 months later and the transition piece looks like crap and keeps coming up and the carpet still doesn't have tack strips in place. Every time I call I get "I'll send this to the managers and mark it urgent." Nobody ever called us back. We were constantly chasing them down. And of course it was suppose to be done before Christmas or your money back. 1 1/2 months afterwards and it still not completed, but the carpet is in the house so it doesn't qualify! :( Horrible customer service.

Dear Sandy,
We regret to hear about your experience and assure you that this not the level of service that we expect for our customers. We understand that we have spoken to you in regards to your concerns, and we'll continue to follow up until a solution is reached.

Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

When my carpet was delivered it was defective. There was a hole in the middle of the carpet for my master bedroom. I was given a ticket number and was told someone would call me within 1 business day. It's been over a week and no phone call. I've called the 800 number but no one there seems to be able to get ahold of the local (Baton Rouge) office to find out the problem. I've been in touch with my salesperson and he can't seem to get any answers either. I am in limbo waiting to be able to move back into my room. This is unacceptable!

I had Empire Today install carpeting in the hallway upstairs and two bedrooms in my home, and I like the good quality I'm getting for a competitive price. It saves me all the running around. I also like being able to pick it out of them and have the carpeting within a day or two. They're personable, reliable, dependable and professional. It's been a very positive experience with Empire Today and I'd recommend to everybody.

Dear Peggy,
We are disappointed to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. We will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this matter further.

Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Empire put carpet into my home and after 3 months is was matting and showing wear. I live alone, remove my shoes at the door and am easy on things. I called to complain and was told I needed to professionally have the carpet cleaned before anything would be done!! Why would I clean NEW carpet?? They did set up an appt for someone to come out to look at it and they sent the carpet installers that had nothing to do with the poor quality of carpet that was sold to me, however, they took pictures of the worn areas to bring back to Empire and I never heard anything after that.

Insufficient response received

Dear Kim,
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We will review this matter further and will be in contact with you soon.

Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Avoid Empire Today at all costs! 3 to 4 months of a small floor installation damage to refrigerator sloppy crews and the floor still isn't good I give up plus more $ than local Bob's carpet for same floor. Avoid Empire Today at all costs!

Dear Kyle,
We regret to hear that you were inconvenienced by a missed service app, and understand that this has been a frustration matter for you. We will review your concerns further and will be in contact with you soon.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

We had laminate flooring installed September 8 at the cost of 6359.86. At first it looked nice but we went away for a few days the end of September and came home to a 4 to 5 foot section of our kitchen floor lifted and bowed. About 2 to 3 inches off the floor. I called since the salesman said it was a lifetime warranty. They sent someone in a van from NY (we live in PA and not near the NY border). A female sat in the van while he came in to inspect. He looked at it and was arguing it was water that did this. Mind you I had not even mopped it yet. Only used a swiffer dry mop and we have no small children spilling things. Our home is a ranch over a heated garage. He then wanted to inspect down in the garage for leaking pipes which he did not find!

More time went by and then Empire called saying they were sending out another inspector. This one did not work for the company so was neutral. He examined and wrote a recommendations for repairs. Couldn't tell us what was wrong but agreed it WAS NOT water that caused the damage. I since have had 2 contractors come and explain that the flooring was installed too tight and with the temperature changes it could not expand so it lifted. They also said if it weren't for the furniture throughout the other rooms keeping it down they most likely will do the same. They also said we were charged way too much money for what we got.

Empire called to set up a date to repair the flooring. They called in October or beginning of November. The first date they could fix it was January 30th!!! Gee when they were taking our money they got here the next day. Anyway they called the morning of the 30th saying they would be here in an hour or two. The contractor called and said he would be here around 1130. I took the day off of work so I would be home. Then around 1130 the contractor called and said he couldn't make it and we need to reschedule!! I called and told them we want our money back, we are very dissatisfied and we will have someone that knows what they are doing replace it. Still waiting for a response. All of our friends and family saw the flooring at our Christmas open house. Not good advertising for you Empire.

Empire Today have been carpeting my life for about 15 years. I have gotten a lot of carpets from them for my whole house. I've been very happy with the quality, and I recommend them.

I'm a very impatient person so when Empire Today said they can do it in two days, I thought, "Yeah, that's for me." Everybody was very courteous right from the first phone call, down to the guy who came to measure and the guys who installed the floor. The installers didn't speak English but it was not a problem because one of them did and that's all that was necessary. They did a fantastic job and were very nice and friendly. After I met everybody, I was glad that I did this. I've never had laminate before and this looks pretty. But I have a tough time trying to figure out how to keep it from having little pawprints on it.

I had carpeting installed by Empire Today in my whole house, downstairs, upstairs and I did the stairs too. It's really, really, comfortable and the color was beautiful. I love every bit of it. It was awesome.

We looked at a couple of other choices but Empire is the one with less pricing. The quality of the carpet is very good and its softness is what we like best about it. It's in the room for my kids and the room is hard for them to lay on. We like the carpet a lot and I recommend it.

Dear Denise,
We have read your review and regret to hear about your installation experience. We will continue to investigate further and we'll be in contact with you soon.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

These are the problems leading up to today. On October 5, 2016 wood laminate flooring installed throughout 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room and hallway. We were told it was going to be a 2-day job and yet this installer, Miguel was in such a rush, he completed the job in one day. No one from Empire ever told us they were going to be using an electric saw to cut the wood laminates and borders in my home. When the crew arrived and told this to my husband, he asked if they were going to cover the furniture because of the dust the sawing was going to cause. The head crew member, Miguel, assured my husband everything would be covered. However, that was not the case. I had dust all throughout my house. It was disgusting.

Then on top of that when they were done it was late and the lighting was not good in my home. Miguel asked us to check out the work and let him know if anything was wrong. We asked him to walk with us but he refused. Well it turned out sections of the wood laminate were defective and some of the borders around the house were poorly cut and installed. I contacted Empire and eventually, they came to fix the problems. However, we continue to have the same problems with the saddles and there are parts of the floor that have gaps. In addition, you can now see other defects on the flooring such as lifting, cracking, etc.

We have been in constant touch with Empire Today and they have provided nothing but horrible customer service and overcharged us for material we had to pay for ourselves. There have been several occasions where we stayed home waiting for them and no one showed up. They do not stand by their guarantee of their flooring and all I want is for them to have someone competent come to our home to take care of our problems once and for all. I am totally frustrated at this point and so I thought post my complaint on this website in hopes of a resolution.

We had very expensive Empire Today linoleum installed in my kitchen and dining room. I wouldn't advise anybody to take it because of the price. It was $2,800 for two rooms. We bit the bullet for two or three years to pay for it. Even the guy from Empire said that carpeting is so reasonable now that it's cheaper than what it costs for that linoleum in that one room. But it is a great floor and probably worth the price. It might be 20 or 30 years old and then if we replaced it three or four times, it would make up the difference between $2,800. Other than that, everything is perfect. It looks like real wood and the workmanship is excellent. Their people are very polite and kind. Everybody likes everything about our flooring.

We had carpeting and padding installed by Empire in the family room and dining area of our home. The Empire rep was the first guy who came out and he gave us what we felt was a fair price. With a zero percent interest for one year, their offer sounded like a darn good deal. I really liked the salesman and the guys who came to install were quick and efficient. In general, our experience with Empire was satisfactory, everything went quite well, everybody was pleasant, and we are pleased.

I was satisfied with the price and product that Empire Today had. I had light laminate flooring before I took it out and had it replaced by dark laminate flooring because it's more up-to-date. I also had a carpet installed. The product and service were both very good.

Empire Today installed laminate in an office that I helped to set up for a doctor. The manager, John, came to see me face to face. He was very professional, seemed to have a lot of knowledge about their business, explained everything, answered all my questions, and reassured me that everything was going to be fine. The workers were even better. Empire should consider keeping them or giving them a raise or some more jobs because the two workers were very good and did an excellent job. The quality of the product or the material itself was a little less and a little bit cheaper than that of other products I've encountered. But the work power, knowledge, and service were far and beyond. Our new flooring has met our expectations 100%, and our experience was great overall.

Dear Joseph,
We regret to hear about your experience and assure you that this is not the level of service that we expect for our customers. We will be investigating this matter further.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

"We strive for Perfect-10 performance and your complete satisfaction". Although my sister and mother have had good luck with Empire Today, I did not have the same experience. I knew I might be in trouble, when Empire started throwing around, $100-$200 additional discount offers. Conveniently, I never got see a break down, so really it felt like flimflam. Initially I scheduled an appt with a sales rep who gave me three choices. After talking with the rep, I told him that I needed a day to think about my options. The next day I received a phone call from a customer service rep named Eric, he asked why I didn't go with Empire, and that he could "rerun the numbers" and cut my cost in half. He then scheduled a new sales rep appointment, and the same guy came out. Supposedly all of this was documented in Empire had all of this documented, but the sales rep (same guy as first time) came out, and was totally unaware of the rep's discussion with me.

He then made the excuse that the rep probably chose a cheaper material, and told me he couldn't really do anything. Okay, well I was already getting a pretty decent deal, but I decided I'd only do one room instead of three. I wanted to see if I could trust Empire at all. Well when the installation date came, I had two men come who really weren't all that professional in manner. Granted they installed the carpet well, but it felt like I had to guide them through the process. I had to ask them to show me the material, and when I'd ask them questions I would initially get a sarcastic or joke answer before getting the real answer. They left my door open unnecessarily resulting in my house getting cold (currently 48F). While they cleaned up the area, they still left a bit of a mess that I will have to pick up.

They asked me how much I paid for the installation (Why?). One of the guys took a dump in my bathroom, and didn't even have the courtesy to turn on the fan, stinking up my house. Going forward I will not use Empire today because overall I feel like they are unprofessional and do not care. The perfect 10 performance is just lip service.

I had carpet installed in my bedroom by Empire Today. I looked at Home Depot as well but Empire has been a lot better. I like the color and it's a little bit cheaper than other companies. The installers did a good job, too.

We looked at other brands, but the speed in which Empire Today could install was the deciding factor in choosing them. We had carpet and laminate floors installed in the whole house except for the kitchen and dining room. We really like the laminate floor. It was easy to install and cleans easily.

It was a wonderful experience with Empire Today and we're very satisfied with the job that they did. My husband has had some confidence in Empire so we got them to install the carpet in the hallway. I was able to select the brand that I wanted and I selected Glamour and I liked that. It's soft and it walks very nicely. So next time, when we want the rest of the house carpeted, we'll refer to Empire.

Dear Scott,
We sincerely regret the lack of follow up that you have received, and assure you that your concerns are important to us. We will review this matter further and will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

One star is too many in my opinion at this point. We had the upgraded padding installed under the new carpet in our home. After less than a year it sounds like you are walking on newspapers. We called Empire and they sent someone out to inspect and he said it was bad. Keep in mind we had to give them a 90.00 check for this. The "expert" stated that corporate would be calling to come and replace it and our money would be refunded. The check was immediately cashed by Empire. It is now 6 weeks later and we still have no answers and we are being told another "expert" must come out to look at the carpet but only after we pay to have the carpet professionally cleaned. Keep in mind this carpet is not dirty.

They have been completely lacking in communication and completely unreasonable. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told no. I was promised a call back the very next day numerous times and have received nothing. So not only is their product inferior, their customer service is unacceptable as well. My wife is in real estate and is making sure to share her experiences at every conference she attends. BEWARE!

Insufficient response received

Dear Laura,
We sincerely regret the events that occurred throughout your experience. We understand that we have been in contact with you regarding your concerns. If you continue to have questions please email us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

After we purchased the flooring, nothing that was agreed was done when we were assured it would be. The sales rep would not reply to calls or texts and she stressed I had three days to cancel the contract, but neglected to tell me that that was only if we had special orders, i.e. windows treatments or blinds. They did not come when they agreed, I took a day off from work to be there, my stepson is deaf and is very uncomfortable around people he doesn't know. I could not be there to check the installation although I had made arrangements to be there on the day I was told the installation would occur.

There apparently is no concern for the consumer once the purchase is made. The work is contracted out I would guess to the cheapest quote. Not at anytime did I speak to the same person although I had called at least six times. You will not be given a number to call the installer. Empire Carpet is listed in Illinois but doesn't have officers listed with the Secretary of State that I could find. If you wanted to speak to someone other than the customer service center I could find no way to contact them. All in all, there is no way I would recommend this company to anyone. EVER.

We had a carpet installed by Empire Today in the living room, dining room, and a hallway and stairs. The pricing was pretty good. The carpet we got had a nice quality and the color was good. On the whole, they were very good and we got what we expected.

There was a sale going on at Empire Today, so I decided to do it. I was tired of our carpet and I like the durability of the laminated floor. The flooring met all my expectations.

I ordered a full rug from Empire Today. The men came and they rolled things out and it was just nice. The rug's kind of big but they were done in eight hours. It was a great experience and Empire Today was as good as they said they were.

I had Empire Today install carpets in my residence several months ago, and also had them put down some laminate three or four years ago.The quality of the flooring, as well as the installers that came were fine.

Empire Today Company Profile