toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had a very good experience with Empire Today. I like the value of the quality so I chose them. I had them do the carpet and laminate flooring in the bedrooms and family room in a rental unit. My favorite is the laminate floor because of the color. The product's cost and quality were very competitive. Also, it was easy to close the deal and get everything scheduled and installed. It was a very quick timeframe.

We recently bought carpeting for our home and it was a wonderful experience, as usual. This is the third time I used Empire, so I wouldn’t even consider anybody else. The carpet we bought was stain and pet resistant with a special pad, and it's nice and plush. Their quality, the service, and their courtesy are what kept me coming back to them. We’ve dealt with their rep, Mark, several times and he has been excellent. In fact, I also referred him to my daughter. I’m very satisfied with my overall experience with Empire Today.

I chose Empire Today because of many factors. One is its reputation. They’ve been in business for many years already. Second, the salesperson was excellent. The cost, service, variety, and quality of the product were also considered for buying the carpet from them. They have a lower cost, especially with the disposal of the carpet and installation. They were perfect. The carpet was for our two-story home and was installed in the living room, stairs, and dining room.

It took one whole day for installers to get it done and it was not their fault. The two of them were working hard and they did a great job. My condominium is big so maybe after the measurements and they had known that the place is big, Empire Today could have added a third person so the job didn't take all day to do. Other than that, I’d recommend Empire Today.

Dear Isabel,
We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and understand that we have addressed your concerns. If you continue to have questions please email us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: May 15, 2017

We scheduled our installation of vinyl flooring for Sat. May 6th. We called Empire that morning of the 6th to find out that they didn't have our product ready. They didn't even bother calling us that morning. We had already disconnected our appliances and removed all items from furniture. They rescheduled for Wed. May 10th and once again, they failed to call us right away, so we called them and to find out that once again, product had not arrived. We were already without a stove since May 6th since Empire told us to turn off the gas and remove from hose. We couldn't connect it back again due to issues with hose so we ended up buying a new stove and were waiting for delivery on May 17th.

We had already given Empire a down payment and still waiting for installation. New date for installation was May 13th. By this time we were already frustrated because husband had called headquarters and he was told that they would compensate us somehow and we only got a small discount. Not worth our frustration. Had we known it would take this long, we would have not disconnected our stove. We tried calling our Empire sales rep, left him many messages, and he never returned our calls. We came very close to cancelling the whole deal and go with another company, but we figured it would add on to our frustration since we had financed this deal through Wells Fargo and didn't know what to expect from this.

Saturday, May 13th came around and the installers FINALLY showed up at 11am. We wanted this job completed in one day and assumed it would get done since there were 4 guys, but then after a couple hours I noticed that only 2 guys were working. The other 2 had left for an emergency so of course, these 2 other guys worked for 8 hours and didn't finish the job in one day. They had to return on Monday May 15th to finish. I do like the end result, but am very unhappy and disappointed with the company's customer service and sales rep. They need to get with it in regards to communication. I will demand more compensation especially since we were left without a stove and no way of cooking our meals. I will not recommend Empire to my friends and family. Too bad we didn't have many other options in our area for floor companies that offer financing.

Dear Jennifer,
We are disappointed to hear that your installation was not completed as scheduled. We will be following up with you shortly to make things right.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Installers did not come prepared with the proper transitions we were promised by the sales person. We paid for the job in full. We were told the installation would take one day. As of 4:49 pm only one room was done. We called to try and resolve the issue and got nothing but the run around. I feel I've wasted my money and my time, and Empire should be embarrassed that they operate under such unsatisfactory conditions.

Dear Millicent,
We regret to hear this, and we'll be investigating this matter further.

Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2017

The sales part was fine. I was having my entire home carpeted and I had waited so long to be able to afford it. I went with Empire because they advertised and stress free installation and a quality product. I relied on the salesperson that the product he recommended was the best quality and that the installers would take care of moving furniture, etc.

The estimated time would be two days. Well the installers asked me what they were to do about the furniture and balked at having to move it. They put my furniture outside and fortunately got it back in before it rained. They were upset that they had to return another day because they had another job scheduled and I pointed out that I'd been told it would take two days and they finally agreed to return the next morning to finish rather than the next evening. It was not a good experience. So, that was September 2015.

6 months later I was contacting customer service about traffic patterns on the carpet. The carpet cleaners couldn't believe that this was fairly new carpet and there is only me and an occasional guest walking on it. Well customer service kept finding reasons other than carpet quality for the darkened area and never agreed to send someone out to look at it. Now in addition to that it appears that the padding is lifting under the carpet causing raised creases, first in one area and now in three. This developed shortly after the one year installation warranty expired. So I'm looking at investing in having a portion of the carpet replaced and getting the padding issue repaired. I'm disappointed with my experience and I'm not rich so I can't just have it all redone and might just have to live with it. 2 stars is generous.

I hired Empire to replace the carpet in the three bedrooms and hallway. I wanted the same thing I had there for the den but they no longer had that available, so I chose something else. I'm 83 years old and vacuuming is not that easy anymore. And what I had in the bedrooms and the hall was easier to vacuum than this one that I chose. But I still manage to do it. Then I had a new floor covering put in my kitchen and entrance way. I've been very pleased with the quality and the installation of the carpets and flooring. If I had to replace any of them, I would certainly call Empire back. Also, when I called for them to bring the samples for the kitchen, I asked for Mickey because he had been here when I replaced the den carpet. He's a very good representative, very pleasant, very mannerly and not pushy.

Empire Today installed our carpet in one of my homes and in our rental properties. In the rentals, the carpet was everywhere except the bathroom and kitchen. I didn't have to wait three weeks for them to come and install it. Most of them took two days to install, while some of them were the next day. The carpet was the medium grade and stain-resistant. It had a color that would hide dirt and had a decent warranty. Empire Today had to come out and do one repair for a seam that has come apart. They said they were gonna look at it and decide if it was gonna be a warranty thing. They ended up just fixing it while they were there.

I've had several installations done in Anderson, Indiana area. The last one that Empire Today did was a huge 3,500 square feet house that was almost all carpet. They had a crew of four, but one of them was a girl and she left early, and they worked until 9:00 o'clock at night. The last one I did was only about 1,000 square feet and four Mexican guys came, which were the same guys that did one of my earlier houses. They had the whole house done in a couple of hours. There were three large bedrooms where the carpet had to be installed in my house in Oregon. The guy that came out to install the carpet was a little old Mexican man that didn't speak English, and he had to lug carpet up the stairs and install everything by himself. He worked until 9:00 o'clock at night. He needed to have more help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

I liked the advertising and quality of Empire Today's products and I got new carpet from them. I bought one of the cheaper model carpets, but it's still nice. I'm pretty happy with it.

Dear Linda,
We regret to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations, and we'll be in contact with you soon to learn more.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I decided to purchase carpeting from Empire for my home. I chose them because of the convenience. I had purchased carpeting and flooring from Luna which I now understand is owned by Empire. When the salesperson came I explained to him that I was very disappointed with my carpet because of its condition. I had purchased the carpet from Luna in 2006 and I felt that the salesperson had sold me inferior carpeting because after 9 years the carpeting had deteriorated. It looked awful especially in the high traffic areas. I explained to him that I wanted a high quality carpet that would look good for a longer period of time. I thought this would probably be the last time I would be purchasing carpet for my home since my husband and I are in our 70's.

I purchased the carpeting in February, 2015 during a sales promotion for a 50% discount. The salesperson quoted a ridiculous amount for my 1700 sq ft home but brought it down to a reasonable amount for the high quality and better padding I thought I was purchasing. When the installers came in April of 2015 they did an excellent job if moving furniture and installing the carpet.

The one thing that I have appreciated and the reason I chose to purchase from Empire is because I have received excellent service from Empire and Luna's installers. Also I thought I was receiving their best padding and carpeting. Now 2 years later, I am very sorry that I had not educated myself and did more research on carpet purchases. I asked the salesperson several times about the quality of the carpeting and he assured me that I was getting the best Empire had to offer. Unfortunately I was an easy sale because I trusted the salesperson to be honest and now I feel that I was scammed.

When my carpet was first installed it was beautiful it felt good and looked good. There was quite a bit of shedding but I thought that was normal. After two years of having the carpet and several cleanings the carpet has matted down and has changed colors. I finally decided to call Empire and explained what has been happening to my carpet. The gentleman who came out to clean my carpet (who is a friend of my granddaughter) thought the carpeting was much older than 2 years. He has no reason to be dishonest he cleans carpet and he doesn't sell carpeting. He said that that the matting could be from inadequate padding. I have a 20 year warranty on the carpeting.

After calling Empire I was told I had to pay 90 dollars to come out and inspect it. The person I talked to said that he would reduced the inspection cost to 47.50. I told the person in Northlake Illinois that I did not want to pay anything and that I wanted to speak to a manager. He said no manager was available but he would have one return my call. It has been over a week with no phone call from Empire regarding someone coming out to inspect for no charge. I have my carpet cleaning receipt that I will submit after I hear from you.

Unfortunately I have lost all confidence with Empire and I really don't expect to have some come out and waste my time by telling me it's not their fault. It's my fault! So my advice to all is educate yourself before you make any major purchases. There is enough information out there on the internet to assist you. Fool me once (Luna) shame on me. Fool me twice (Empire) shame on you. A very unsatisfied customer!! By the way I am still waiting for a manager to return my call. It's been over a week and a half since your representative told me that his manager Julio would return my call.

Jason,
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will be following up with you soon to learn more.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I just got my carpet installed today. However the experience has been a headache. First the installers show up and didn't bring the subflooring that was to be replaced. Then they forgot to cut out the vent in my master bedroom. Last but not least they left all the old carpet and matting in my front yard. Very unprofessional and I'm still waiting for the job to be complete. So now I have to put my day on hold and wait for them to finish the job that wasn't done the first time around. I will not recommended this company to anyone in the Clarksville, TN area.

George,
We assure you that we take matters such as this one very seriously, and we'll be investigating your concerns further.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Without my permission, the installers raided my refrigerator and drank sodas and Gatorade. They also went into my cabinets and use a roll of tape and then lied about it. Now I find out that a new knife is missing.

Based on a referral by some people that did floors for me a long time ago, I got Empire Today to install a piece of carpet for me. I like it. It’s nice, flat and looks good on the back porch. That's what should have been there in the first place. Overall, it was a great experience.

Empire installed carpet in our living room for me. I picked out the expensive carpet and they told me it would have 20 years warranty. The cost is too high but it's a good one.

Empire Today installed carpeting for us and it met beyond my expectations. It was a very good experience.

Empire installed wood flooring in our home. I thought about researching and considering other brands but seeing the advert on television that it looked pretty good, I just went with them. I wanted to get rid of the carpeting because I have asthma and I've heard that a lot of carpeting makes asthma worse. It has worked better, considering I have three cats, because I haven't had too many problems since I've got the hardwood floors. I was told I'd have to get rid of those cats because of my asthma and I said no. And so anything that's going to help out without having to give away my cats. The flooring was very nice.

Dear Lorielle,
We regret that this was your experience, and we will be looking further into your concerns.

Thank you.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The men who installed our carpet were extremely unprofessional. One spoke no English. The other demanded a beverage. When installing the edging, rather than cutting it, he bent it. When I said I wanted it redone, he became indignant. His supervisor was not very helpful. We will NEVER use or recommend Empire.

I had Plumberry carpet installed by Empire Today at our home. They had the half off installation and half off products and we thought it was a good deal. The carpet is really easy on our feet and it makes the house look really good. It was a good experience. We're glad we got it done.

I had carpet and some vinyl installed by Empire Today. The vinyl pattern is what I really like. That’s what I had done before and I was really pleased with it. I had it in the hallway, in a bedroom, and also in a bath downstairs. When I got ready to replace the kitchen, I thought of getting some more of that. Their sales reps were fine, answered questions, and set up the appointment on time. The installers came in when they were supposed to, finished their work, and cleaned up well.

My mom had previously purchased from Empire Today and recently, I had them put some wood flooring in her bedroom. She is sick and losing control, and was messing the carpet up. So, I pulled the carpet up and then the best thing to do was put a wood down there. I'd recommend Empire.

Dear Sandy,
We regret to hear that you were inconvenienced by this matter, and understand that your order has been cancelled per your request. If you continue to have questions or concerns please contact us at customersupport@empire-today.com.

Original review: May 10, 2017

This is a 2 part review: first, the laminate installers were excellent. (Jesus and two other guys) They arrived on time and did a very professional job. We have absolutely no complaints with that part of the installation. Second, the vinyl man (Rick) came and had an attitude before he got in the front door. He was mad that the laminate installers were "in his way". Mad because the refrigerator, range, washer and dryer were not unhooked and moved. We were told the installers would do that. So he left.

I called Empire Today to complain and to cancel the order with them. I was offered a $201 discount to give ET another chance to make it right. We rescheduled for another day, we had someone here to unhook and move all appliances. We received the confirmation calls Friday night and Saturday morning. Then on Saturday morning at the time the installers should have been here Brandon called and said the product had been discontinued. We allowed him to come show us the new product which was inferior to the initial product, but we decided on a product and scheduled delivery.

We were offered numerous discounts due to the miscommunication. Numerous times I complained about the inferior product. It was not the discounts I was interested in. I simply wanted a vinyl product that was comparable to my initial purchase. We started getting the runaround. Keep in mind I had already paid in full on the day it should have been installed. Finally I requested a full refund for the cost of the vinyl but eventually had to go to the credit card company and request they refute the charges. This was done and my money was finally returned. Of course I was not reimbursed for the guy that came to move my appliances. I will never use them nor recommend them. Many family and friends have come to admire the laminate but they also got to see and hear how shabby and unprofessional the vinyl department is. Not sure how they keep an A+ rating. Overall horrible experience.

Made an appointment based on a home product and repair free site. I got a confirmation for time. The salesman arrived with several different sample books of carpet. I had requested nylon carpet in the online preferences. I asked him who manufactured the carpets and he quickly replied either Mohawk or Shaw without any added information. I asked him how the carpet was constructed i.e. stapled or continuous filament which he seemed not to know. Asked about how much I wanted to spend asking different price points. He had brought with him 2 nylon samples all the rest polyester products with no manufacturer anywhere on the product. Asked how much the carpet was per yard??? He said, "We only quote by the install price."

Did not thoroughly measure like another quote with measuring tape etc. Imputed some figures into his computer while talking to me and arrived at 4 prices 2 being 8000 for 100 sq yards the other 2 around 4 thousand, but these were for very cheap low quality polyester with limited colors. I said that was more than I wanted to pay. He called his boss, then it was 6000. Declined to get excited by this and then he asked if I would have a sign in front of my house etc and if I gave an upfront deposit of 300 dollars I could get it for 3400. I asked if I could show the sample to my husband... No I need these. I said that I would not give a deposit to anyone without consulting my husband.

He wanted to close this sale, but honestly I became suspicious even about the quality of the carpet the more I looked at it. The high pressure sales with no quote to be emailed to me was enough to say forget this company and their flimflam. No money was going to be given in advance to this operation and in fact I glad I found this site even after the fact.

We wanted the flooring in right away so we chose Empire today. Their installers were professional and cleaned up after themselves. So far, we like the quality of the flooring. I would tell anyone who wants to get their floor in quickly to call Empire Today.

Dear John,
Thank you for making us aware of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we'll be investigating this matter further.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I had used you in the past and so we used you again. My only problem is because Empire made a mistake, a manager never contacted me about the issue and I was told by a few customer service workers that they would return my call. I wanted the issue resolved before the install. I was told a manager would call me but no manager ever called. I wanted a manager so we would could resolve the issue in a fair way due to their mistake. The day of the install came and still no call back. I was assured not to worry basically and that they had my message and my account was noted in the computer in order to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. The workers during the install however did an amazing job. I'm just upset in the way Empire handled the situation with their management who never returned my call.

I'm not chasing you but I definitely feel that you have fell short on that end of the customer service part, especially when it was Empire's mistake. I was never looking for a free product from the mistake but perhaps a slight discount for my troubles and for having to take off from work because they made a mistake the first go around. In the end customer service basically said to me that the job was completed and that is all that matters at this point. It felt as if they said, "Now go enjoy your carpet runner on the stairs and move on with your life, we can't help you and we are going to pretend that we did everything in our power to make sure you as a customer were satisfied". The next time I would use you again does make me question if there would be a next time I could put my faith in Empire again.

My sister-in-law gave me Empire’s phone number and I gave them a call. They came out that afternoon and took the measurements. Then the installers came back the next day to install carpet in the front room and the little hallway in our home. They were very nice, polite, did a very good job laying it and had a very good time laying it so I'm very satisfied. Empire's cost was reasonable because the other stores were a couple thousands. When the sales rep gave me the price, I said that we'll do it because I'm on a fixed income and I got a really good deal. I like the color of the carpet which is deep water blue. It's very comfortable compared to my other carpet and it's so soft and squishy. Even my little great granddaughter who turned seven last month and came over to spend the day said that it's very soft. I'm gonna need some kitchen rug and I’d probably be calling them too.

I wanted to do some carpeting so I searched a little. Empire Today does have a good reputation and they are trusted. I had a little issue with the payment but everything turned out all right and the quality of the carpeting was good.

I was very pleased with Empire. I had a specific date that I needed them to complete the project by as we were having two parties and they came in and completed everything. They ran low on one material that they had to backorder, which they made sure that it was brought in on time and they came over the day before we had the party and finished up some baseboard molding. We also had one little problem with the carpet. There was a hard spot in the pad that you could feel through the carpet. We called the office and they sent somebody out to repair that promptly. The guys that did the wood were very good. We weren't there the entire time but for the time that we were, they were considerate of what we were doing while they were still busting to get their job done. They also cleaned up nicely at the end of each day. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Dear Nelson,
We never want our customers to feel this way, and we'll be in contact with you soon to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Let's start at the beginning. On April 19, 2017 between 1pm and 3pm a rep was to respond to my house for an estimate. At 3:15 the call center phoned me and advised that no one would be out as my name was not on the list. So we rescheduled. On 4-24-2017 Sue ** came out to do the measuring and give me the estimate. She said the laminate could be installed the next day, but I wanted time to rearrange the furniture so we decided on Apr 26 for the laminate and the 27th for the carpet. I was also told by Sue the sale ended at the end of the month, but I went online and checked and found the sale was good until 5-6-17. Maybe a little sales pressure, huh?

Now the fun begins. Phone call from Sue stating "The product is not in stock". A product that was promised the next day if I wanted it, but decided until the 26th. Each day after that for the next two days call after call was made to me the product would be on the next truck and ready the next day. Finally, after several days of this I told Sue, "Just bring out more samples and I will choose something similar." Just want the job done, as my house was upside down with furniture piled up in my living room and the laundry room was unusable due to furniture and my drum set being stored in there. In other words, the place was a mess for four and five days waiting for "the product" to show up.

Finally after choosing a different laminate we agreed on an installation date of 4-29-17 and carpet installation on 5-1-17. Almost a week after the initial installation dates. Keep in mind, I do not have access to the laundry room and living room during this time. The reason the laminate needed to be put down first was I could then take the stuff from the living room and place it in the kitchen so the carpet could be laid. Time for the carpet. Almost the first thing out of the installer's mouth was..."I don't have enough carpet with me to finish the job." Oh, great, what's next with this job. So the installers put down what they had and had to return the next day.

To say the least I am totally unsatisfied with Empire carpet. What was supposed to be done and could have been done in three days took almost an entire week. The one bright spot in all this fiasco was dealing with Ceci on the 28th at the call center in El Paso, Texas. She was extremely courteous and helpful with my plight. In fact I made it a point to wait on hold to talk to her supervisor and tell him what a great employee she was. If not for her this entire project would have been a TOTAL DISASTER... I am very disappointed with the overall experience with Empire and the ad saying next day is complete B.S. Next week is more like it. That's it. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Dear Maureen,
Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We are disappointed to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. We'll be in contact with you soon to start working towards a resolution.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Had Empire salesman come in. He heard my needs that, "I wanted a comfortable flooring that would allow my whole family... 2 children and a husband with a fused back be able to sit/play on the living room carpet." So we found a carpet I liked and he negotiated a really great deal for it. Or so I thought... We put the downpayment in and problems there.

Two men arrived (only an hour late) which was fine because I had moved 99% of the furniture they were scheduled to move. But when I saw the padding they picked out (mind you I never saw any samples of padding or anything on that subject. Just followed the salesman recommendation and I didn't know anything) different to ask if there were options since he KNEW I wanted the carpet as thick and cushiony as possible. If this padding was 1/4" thick, I be astounded. It's the thinnest thing you'd ever seen.

But trusting more than I should have I had them install it... the moment I walked on it I knew I was in big trouble. You can literally feel the notches in the wood flooring below. So I called the company after thinking how much we paid for something that NO ONE is going to want to sit on (let alone lay on and wrestle with our boys). I truly hope there is a way to fix this as the carpet alone is great. But just getting rid of the protective padding and putting a thicker (non protective one on instead since the carpet is 100% polyester anyway AND from everything I've read is cheaper padding too) and the rest be a wash. Because I don't know what I can do with a floor that no softer to be on than the stone floor in our kitchen. Hoping that next 24 hours I can change my experience.

Dear Karen,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we'll be investigating your concerns further.

Original review: May 9, 2017

My carpet was as good of a grade as I thought. Frank our salesmen tried to get us to a price we could afford, I wish I would've went with a better carpet. My seams are showing & most of the edges are still fraying. I had repairmen here and they did fix what I noticed at that time.

We were very pleased with our salesman Melvin **, the installation team and the price of our new carpet. The install team arrived on-time, and cleaned up prior to leaving. We will definitely consider using this team again & referring others. Thanks Empire!

Dear Don,
We regret to hear that your experience was not a positive one from start to finish. We will be following up with you soon to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 9, 2017

While the installer did good work Empire should have at least one who speaks and understands English. As far as clean up goes it was less than average bordering on lousy. I found debris everywhere and white splash marks on doors and items in my garage. I had to stretch to give them a three star rating.

From the very first contact with the sales representative through the installation everything was professionally done. Pricing for carpet was well below what was expected. Highly recommend. If we ever need to buy a new carpet again I am only contacting Empire Carpet for my home.

Empire Today Company Profile