toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had a very good experience with Empire Today. I like the value of the quality so I chose them. I had them do the carpet and laminate flooring in the bedrooms and family room in a rental unit. My favorite is the laminate floor because of the color. The product's cost and quality were very competitive. Also, it was easy to close the deal and get everything scheduled and installed. It was a very quick timeframe.

We recently bought carpeting for our home and it was a wonderful experience, as usual. This is the third time I used Empire, so I wouldn’t even consider anybody else. The carpet we bought was stain and pet resistant with a special pad, and it's nice and plush. Their quality, the service, and their courtesy are what kept me coming back to them. We’ve dealt with their rep, Mark, several times and he has been excellent. In fact, I also referred him to my daughter. I’m very satisfied with my overall experience with Empire Today.

I chose Empire Today because of many factors. One is its reputation. They’ve been in business for many years already. Second, the salesperson was excellent. The cost, service, variety, and quality of the product were also considered for buying the carpet from them. They have a lower cost, especially with the disposal of the carpet and installation. They were perfect. The carpet was for our two-story home and was installed in the living room, stairs, and dining room.

It took one whole day for installers to get it done and it was not their fault. The two of them were working hard and they did a great job. My condominium is big so maybe after the measurements and they had known that the place is big, Empire Today could have added a third person so the job didn't take all day to do. Other than that, I’d recommend Empire Today.

Empire installed carpet in my rental home, and the cost and quality seemed appropriate. It went fine with their installation team, however, they didn't come with enough carpet and had to come back a couple of days after. Otherwise, it was a good job.

I have a lot of friends and seen other people’s houses that Empire had done and I liked it. At that time, there was like a half-price sale. So, I had Empire install some carpet in my home back in 2013. Sales representative was good and the installation team was fine. The carpet is fine too. I didn’t have any problems. I had issue in 2016 when I had to do my pipe and got a company to do it. They had to dig my basement. They didn’t test for asbestos like they should have. So when Empire came, they tested and they found it but not in the air. It was just on some of the tiles. So we sealed that but then it was kind of a whole lot of stuff. It took about three months to settle that.

I’m waiting on Empire now to do the other basement. When I got the first one done, I had thought about doing the second one at the beginning because I didn’t know they had asbestos in the tile. My tile was special order. When that came, I don’t know what they had to work out. They worked out something with the person who did the testing and all these machines in my house. Then my daughter said, “Mom if you’re getting ready to sell the house, that’s gonna look bad because the other ones old and this is new and it’s a different color.” So I reordered. And that was December 21st and I’m still waiting.

I thought about getting our carpet through Lowe's but went with Empire instead because the gentleman there was awesome and he explained everything really well. He really sold the carpet. The first half of our order we got a year ago while the other half of it, we got recently. The price was great and when the carpet was installed in our home, it was amazing. We had a window between 11:00 and something for installation, but they ended up coming at 8:00 in the morning. And that was fine with me because they finished in one day and cleaned up really nicely. They were very polite too.

I really love the carpet's color, the texture, and the padding. Everything is great. However, one of the dogs or someone had an accident up in one of our bedroom so I have to treat the carpet. I'm hoping that it stands up to what the sales rep told me, which is it's not supposed to go through to the pad and it should come off really easy. But other than that, we haven't had any stains or spills on it. Our experience overall has been extremely satisfying.

We had a laminate flooring put in by Empire Today. I liked the color of the laminate better and I also liked the fact that Empire was an established company. And I could go back to them if there is anything wrong. The flooring is easy to care for and has exceeded my expectations. If we ever decided to do the bedrooms, I will definitely call Empire. I'm so happy with what they did and the crews that they had here to put it in and the way they worked. It was a wonderful experience.

We saw Empire Today advertising on TV and called them up and had them come out. We had them installed wood flooring for my home and everything's all right. We had a good service out of them so we're satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

We had Empire Today install carpeting in the living room upstairs. We used Empire before and we were happy with them so we went with them again. They also had a sale going on at that time. The installation team did a very good job, and they were quick, too. I like that our new flooring feels like a cloud when I walk on it. I love it. It makes the room look bigger and makes the furniture stand out. It's a very light off-white. It's an ugly orange flooring before so it's a world of difference. Overall, our experience was very efficient and nice.

We had laminate flooring installed by Empire Today. It's beautiful and we're very satisfied with how it looks. Empire's cost was fairly inexpensive and I also liked the fact that they would move the furniture for us. They were very attentive. When they arrived, they showed us the laminate to make sure it was the correct product that we had picked out. And they surveyed what they needed to do, told us what they were going to do, and how they were going to do it. Them explaining to us where they were going made us feel more confident in walking out of the room and just letting them do the install. It was a very good experience and I would definitely recommend them again.

I had a good experience buying carpet from Empire and I had it installed in my home. For the cost of it, the quality was good. Other brands may have had better quality but that came with the cost. Also, I liked the dual color of the carpet I got.

Empire Today installed carpet and laminate flooring in the living room and bedrooms of my home. I like the way the carpet feels and the laminate is good. I like the color, too. It's a nice floor. It was a good experience with Empire Today.

We had a LVP floor installed in Sept 2015. We selected LVP floor for the entire house (approx 1850 sq ft). The total cost was over $13,000. The installers left the job unfinished (kick panels not installed and molding around walls not completed). We were told someone would be back to finish that work. Eventually after some weeks, the molding was installed, but the kick panel under the sink and dishwasher fell apart later. The following summer, we noticed the floor in the kitchen was lifting off the subfloor. After repeated to local C/S mgr Ryan **, we were told that this laminate had issues being used in areas under direct sunlight. Mr. ** suggested putting tile in the kitchen but we rejected this as we wanted what we were promised. Mr. ** then told us that the floor should be glued down. He said that this would violate the manufacturer's warranty, but Empire Today would provide their own warranty.

After several more weeks, a workman appeared, assessed what needed to be done, and said more workman were needed as he could not perform the work alone. The following week, the workman returned explain he was told to do the best he could. He spent 3 days gluing down the marked area. Glue worked up through the cracks in the floor. We were told to wipe the glue with a wet paper towel, but that does not eliminate the problem. We also noticed that there were gaps and misaligned panels. This in October 2016. Since then phone calls and emails have gone unanswered, except for messages that Mr. ** will get back to us next week (November 2016-April 2017).

Have to say I received great service from Empire Today from the super informative sales rep to the super fast installers. Had no major issues at all. There was a lot of mess outside the house during installation but they didn't leave one piece of debris after they left. There was one issue with only half the materials being placed on the truck but that was fixed and installed the following day. All in all would definitely recommend. I had hard woods and carpet installed.

Salesperson - left sample carpets; never picked them up at discussed times. Wrong color carpet delivered; salesperson thought it was hilarious. Not when we had to take a day off work. Manager - Discussed issues; didn't offer a credit. Of no help.

I had Empire Today install two floorings - one is laminate and the other has a really good wood-like look. I like the colors. Empire explained everything about the features. They also told me that I have a lot of moisture under my house that I need to get taken care of. Otherwise, after so long, the laminate will start coming up. I wish that I could have gotten the laminate all over but because of the condition on my floor in the hallway, I couldn't do that. But I'm confused in a way. I know Empire had me approved for credit so I don't pay them anymore. I thought I had to pay Empire and who they called up but I did not realize I had to pay the contractor because Empire is already paid out. Other than that, I'd still be back. I got two more rooms and I needed to get it done. I love Empire to death and people should really try it.

We had Empire Today do a tile flooring in October last year and we had them come back a month ago for carpet flooring for the two bedrooms at home. The salesman did a great job and he was very knowledgeable. We liked the product we were looking for and its cost and quality are equitable. With the new flooring, our floor looks great and updated especially that we have an older home. Overall, we’re happy with Empire Today people and they are very professional. The only issue we had was we have water dew that comes out near the tile when they did the tile flooring. I still didn't know how to resolve that and I tried to caulk it.

Resolution In Progress

My flooring was installed on October 1st, 2016. We realized the floor was beginning to buckle in January. We made a call for service, someone came on February 20th, 2017 at 7pm. They walked back and forth on the floor a few times. They determine it needed to be repaired. They would submit the form for the work to be completed. No one ever returned. I called Empire all through the month of March, they were giving me the runaround. Finally April 6th, I was able to have customer service give me an appointment. I took off of work so I would be home, they could not give me a time.

On Friday April 14th, 2017 at 4 PM, which is my appointment day, their installer calls me and says he has no materials to do the repair and it does not make sense for him to come. I told him that is a discussion he should have had with his boss. Needless to say this is the worst. I am contemplating calling the news and putting them on blast. I have lost a day's pay all for nothing.

I had Empire Today install carpet on the stairs in my home. The product that they sold was what I wanted, and I really appreciated the person who came out to measure. Her name is Lyn and I was very pleased with her. She set up and I was especially happy that they would install the next day. The fellows that came out to install the carpet did an excellent job. I like the carpet's appearance and the way it feels when I walk barefooted. It has exceeded my expectations. I was delighted with my experience with Empire Today, and I've already recommended them to people. Their service is wonderful.

I saw Empire Today advertised and they came out, gave me an estimate and I thought it was pretty fair. So I went ahead and had linoleum installed in the hallway first and then the square tile in the bathroom the second time. It's new and it looks good and shiny. They did pretty good work and they were on time. They did a good job both times but the second time was a better experience. I couldn't understand the first group too much but I could understand more what the second group was talking about and saying. Overall, Empire has a very good service and a good price.

I had talked with Empire Today some years back and I had them put down hardwood floor in our family room. The design of the hardwood flooring is my favorite feature. The installers were real good, did a real fine job, and I really enjoyed them coming into my home and doing what they did.

Resolution In Progress

I had Berber carpet installed in my family room in September 2016. THREE MONTHS later a loop got caught in my vacuum and it unraveled 2 feet of the carpet. I called Empire and they told me it was not covered by warranty. They charged me $150 to have someone come and glue in a strand of new carpet which looks terrible - you can spot the repair all the way across the room. They refuse to do anything else for me.

I have since learned the issue is the poor quality of the carpet. They sell very cheap carpet that does have every loop stitched down to prevent a run if a loop catches as it did in my case. Of course the sales person did not disclose that to me. The only remedy they have offered to offer me a small discount off of their ridiculously inflated prices to replace the carpet. And they never even managed to drop off the carpet samples for me to pick from. Needless to say I would NEVER recommend Empire Today to anyone for any flooring needs.

We had our flooring replaced almost 2 years ago. We have recently had problems with our tile flooring coming up. They came out and said it was water damage and offered to fix it for $768. They originally came out to fix a issue close to the doorway where it was poor workmanship with connecting to the saddle of the door, in which caused moisture (through the winter, condensation) to seep under the tile, thus causing it to ruin the sub floor. After they said they wouldn't fix it because it was 4 months outside of warranty, I had a contractor come out only to find out that they did not remove the old tile, as they were suppose to. It was even in the contract to do so. So I have a total of 5 layers of subflooring/Flooring and it has no chance to breathe properly. They have refused to help us out with this problem after several calls and emails. They pretty much took advantage of my wife being home during install and did not do what was promised.

Initially, the installer from Empire Today came out and wanted to be paid upfront. But I told him if he'd actually do the job then I'll pay him. Then he didn't like the appearance of the rug and it seemed to me that he didn't really want to do the job. He knew he will eventually replace the rug and he must have known it wasn't in good condition. And there was a stain on it and he knew what it was. He was a little picky for me so I called Empire and told them he didn't have to do it. He left and the next installer came in on the same day. It's the same rug, the same stain, but he was different and he didn't mind working. He was willing to roll up the sleeves and get the job done. He and his co-worker did a good job. My son's using the room where they put it in and he's enjoying it

I scheduled an appointment for today between the hours of 12:00 - 2:00 pm. I left the office to be home before noon and at 2:10 pm had not heard a word from Empire. I called only to be told this is not "typical" and I should have received a call letting me know that the salesman would be late. The representative called the salesman and then told me that he was unable to break away to call me to tell me he got held up but that he would be here in 45 minutes. I canceled the appointment as I have already waited 2 hours. If this is how they treat potential customers one can only imagine how they treat you when the job is done. No thank you.

Resolution In Progress

First of all The salesmen did not know where to park (with 8 spaces in front of building and street parking was empty). Second he was dressed in shorts and looked liked a serial killer. Very unkempt appearance. Then the carpet he showed us in samples I would not even use for a rabbit cage. I wanted a walk in closet done. He tells me that the installers would not come to my home unless the job was $500.00 or more. I made it clear to the appointment person that I had a very small area to be done, THIS WAS A WASTE OF MY TIME. At that point I should have been told of a Minimum. IF YOU WANT CHEAP CARPET THIS IS THE PLACE TO BUY IT!!!

The vinyl that came with the house years ago before we bought it had been separating and couldn't be repaired. Also, we had carpet down the hall and my wife wanted to get rid of that. Anybody around here probably does a good job but I'm not familiar with them. I gave Empire a call 'cause I had a friend in Florida who used Empire Today and he said he was very happy. So we had Empire Today put vinyl in my hall and foyer and big vinyl squares in my kitchen. The two workers did the hall and then the next day, they did the kitchen. At that time, they didn't know if they'd be the two coming back. I gave them a little tip 'cause they were able to do a good job. They were very efficient, patient and cleaned up after themselves. They were right on-time and finished on-time. All in all, we're very thrilled with our experience and happy with the work. I highly recommend Empire Today to everybody else.

Empire Today

Mr. Mann, it’s disappointing to hear about the issues you had with your installation appointment. We know your time is valuable and would like to make this right. We’ll follow back with you to work with you towards a resolution.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Empire Today never came back and did my carpet over. It's been over a month now since they're supposed to have come back. Because they came to re-measure and Milton said they were gonna bring some more carpet but they have to go and cut some more carpet because they can't do anything with it. I said my thing was they should have just had both sides even. If they've seen where one side was uneven, they should have just cut it to the equal size instead of cutting it on one side this way and the other end short from the wall. They were gonna bring another carpet, but it was gonna be 18 instead of 17 point something. Then the woman said that I would have to pay some more money. No, I'm not.

They never answered their phones every time tried I to call. I've been leaving messages and they were supposed to get back with me. They did call back and send somebody to re-measure the floors, but they knew that when they measured the floors the first time that one side was uneven. So, they should have cut one end one size, instead of taking the two inches off the end off of one end.

I was telling them I've been trying to call them and leaving messages for them to call me back to see what they were gonna do and they haven't responded. They don't even pick up the phone now. My carpet came with a 10-year warranty, so I was asking them if could they could give me some of my money back. And then someone said something about they could send me a $53 check. I've got a 10-year warranty on the carpet so they're all supposed to do something. But they can never do anything else for me. I told them I was gonna take them to court.

When they finally came, Genevieve, the salesperson that came and showed me the carpet, told me they were gonna have the carpet cut out and binded. They brought the carpet without it being binded, then they had to re-measure. They came and measured three times, and then they had to take the carpet back to the warehouse because I asked them to bind the carpet. Then when they brought it back after the carpet was binded, I said, "You really don't have to bind it. Can't you bring the carpet in and just cut it out like that?" Then he was talking about the carpet might keep running because of the little edges. And I was like, "Well, so?" I would never recommend anybody to Empire Today. I would have been better off getting somebody off the street, go with me to a carpet place, cut it out and lay it down myself. I wouldn't recommend anybody for tile, carpet, vinyl, whatever.

We ordered a rug from Empire Today. It looks pretty decent and I like the color which is in the grey family. Empire's reps are supposed to be coming out by the end of the month to install it in one of the bedrooms because we're not ready for it yet.

Stay away from Empire... I got my floors two weeks ago and I used the finance company (Fortiva) they have. Here is the deal... I never knew the terms of the agreement as far as the monthly payments or time frame to pay off. The floors are done and I just received paperwork from the finance company! The monthly payments are high and I didn't agree to this! WOW... So what's going to happen if can't afford the payments? Will Empire come and pull up the floors? Also, be aware of the pricing with them. They are high as heck and they put the pricing up to make you think you are actually getting 1/2 off! Empire representative told me I had 4 years to pay the loan off and now Fortiva is saying it's two years! Be careful!

Avoid this company at all costs! On Friday March 31 the Empire Today sales rep came over, paid for the carpet, we picked out our carpet and set an installation date. We are on a time crunch because we have to list the house to sell, scheduled the install for April 7th. My husband had to take the day off of work as the installers would be calling between 8 and 9 to let us know when they would arrive. A woman from Empire Today called in the morning to let us know the carpet was out of stock! Out of stock? We purchased the carpet a week ago, why didn't they know then that the carpet was out of stock? So on Saturday the sales rep was to be at the house at 10 am so pick out another carpet. We couldn't leave to pick up supplies for projects we are finishing until he showed, so at 10:30 we had to text to find out his ETA....

So around 11:15 or later he showed up. He upgraded us to a nicer carpet due to the inconvenience. He assured us they would arrange to have the installers make us a priority on Tuesday. We scheduled the install for today April 11th. Last night Empire Today called to let us know the carpet we picked out Saturday was out of stock! Out of stock? Again? How does this happen. The Realtor is coming tomorrow, we do not have time to wait on this horrible company. We had to call them this morning to find out when the installers would arrive and were told they didn't know who the installers were, they should show up between 8 and 10. Empire Today you failed big. Avoid this company at all cost, their low prices lure you in. I have never dealt with such an incompetent business ever!

When I saw their TV commercial with the little man pulling the floor, I decided to go with Empire and have them install our carpet. It looks good now and I would recommend them.

My experience with Empire Today was good. I went with them for their affordability and I got their carpet, along with some laminate hardwood installed in my hallway, living room, and stairs. It was a very good installation and I like both of the products.

Empire Today Company Profile