3.8/5 (754 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

During the first year of purchase LG LMXS27626S/01, the refrigerator stopped keeping food cold. Compressor was replaced and food was cold. Ice maker does not produce enough ice and is replaced. Now, the refrigerator will not keep normal refrigerator temperature set at 37 with a thermometer place inside refrigerator. It shows 30-32 degrees which food is partial frozen. I feel, the wrong compressor was installed where new problems surfaced after replacement of compressor. I would not recommend LG refrigerator to anyone. This refrigerator should have been recalled due to compressor issues and not adequate keeping normal refrigerator temperatures.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Bought a LG refrigerator from Lowe’s. 3 months after the warranty expired the compressor and evaporator go bad. No LG service in our area. Small local service company came out and wanted $2k to repair and had to order the parts.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Both refrigerator stopped cooling on 12/24/2022. Smart Diagnostics analysis indicated (inverter linear) compressor failed. After multiple calls to LG Customer Service and escalation to Presidential Liaison, LG is unable to locate a service provider to repair a refrigerator that is still under parts and labor warranty. I would not recommend a refrigerator with a inverter linear compressor to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

After only 9 months of use we cut our losses and got rid of our new LG refrigerator (model # LMWC23626S). The reasons are twofold: poor product performance and even worse aftermarket service. Due to pandemic supply issues the appliance was ordered in November 2020 and delivered late January 2021. This was a proactive approach for a home we were building. The refrigerator was securely stored in its shipping box till its installation in March 2022 (home construction was delayed due to the pandemic). Within a month the fridge stopped working, registering a “FF” (freezer fan) error code. Rebooting the appliance only led to a repeat of the same error code.

We were able to contact a LG warranty technician after a lengthy navigation through their automated customer service phone system. He spent a short time trying to figure out the problem and said we needed a service visit. We were then notified that the appliance was no longer under warranty. After discussion we were awarded a 1 month “courtesy” warranty. An in home service visit was scheduled for 7 days through LG’s contracted service and repair company. They were a no show on the scheduled day. We later learned that the technician noted that no one was home, even though we spent the allotted service window (8AM-5PM) at home.

The next “earliest available” appointment was 5 weeks out. By that time we had to purchase a “rescue” fridge. The night before the appointment we plugged the fridge back in and the error code did not reappear. The next day the technician said the fridge was working fine but did no diagnostic testing (other than looking at the display) nor took any temperature readings of either the fridge or freezer compartments.

Two months later we came to the conclusion that the fridge was not cooling. Even on the lowest settings (fridge 32, freezer -7) the fridge would not go below 40 and the freezer below 20. Since we were now out of warranty and did not want to wait 5 weeks for a repair we contacted an independent appliance repairman. He diagnosed a faulty evaporator fan. He ordered an OEM fan but this took 12 weeks (the first LG fan delivered was defective). Following this repair we still did not have a fridge that would cool even close to specs and decided to replace it with a model from another brand.

We cannot recommend an LG refrigerator. First the product was defective out of the box but navigating the byzantine LG customer service was both time consuming, frustrating and disappointing. Second, LG contracts repairs through a Sears subsidiary (A&E Factory Service) for which they have only one technician in SW Virginia. He awarded us only a cursory, incomplete and subpar visit. Also it is virtually impossible to talk with a live person and we were at the mercy of an incomplete automated system that provided misleading information.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

My refrigerator is less than 5 years old and 8 months ago, my refrigerator and freezer both failed. The LG certified technician said the compressor, evaporator, and filter/drier needed to be replaced. He told me that there had been a Chinese made compressor that was widespread failing in many of their refrigerators. The repair was done on March 16, 2022. LG refused to cover my food losses, saying the 5 days my refrigerator was down shouldn't have resulted in lost food. On November 27, 2022 both freezer and and refrigerator have failed again, and the soonest the repair service call could be scheduled was for tomorrow November 30th. I never had a refrigerator stop working ever and I'm currently in my 60s... LG was represented as a reliable brand, and I hope we can all get the word out on what is happening.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Warning - Do not buy any LG products. They do not care about their customers or whether their product functions the way that they advertise. They give you the run around and do nothing but run you in circles hoping you will get frustrated and go away. Our brand new refrigerator came with a factory defect and trying to get LG to repair or replace it has been a frustrating and time consuming effort. Their solution - give me a refund, take my refrigerator and the be without a refrigerator for 3-6 weeks while we wait for another refrigerator to be delivered. REALLY? Be without a refrigerator for weeks is their solution? Bottom line - they got our money and they do not care whether we have a product that is 100% functional. So after 6 weeks and counting, we have a brand new refrigerator that will not dispense water and an door alarm that goes off when the doors are securely closed.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I bought a LG refrigerator 4 years ago from PC Richards in Enfield, CT and I have had to throw out so much food away as the condenser dies every two years. We are now waiting for a condenser to arrive and we can’t get it installed until Nov 18! The first condenser we had to wait for 3 weeks and then an appointment for a tech to come out. Fortunately we bought an extended warranty for it but I have had to throw out hundreds of dollars of frozen and refrigerated food which there is no compensation for on LG's end. As my warranty is ending the next time it dies I am throwing out this worthless refrigerator out and will not ever buy another lg appliance. Buyer beware the refrigerator is a piece of crap for a lot of money. Thank goodness for my Sears refrigerator I have had for 15 years in my basement without a day of trouble.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

LG refrigerator, 4 years old, compressor died. I read reviews, warranty claims, and decided to purchase a new, different, fridge. Not worth the pain and hassle. I do not and will not recommend LG products across the board.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I purchased the LG side by side refrigerator in May 2019. In July 2022 the freezer and ice maker Stopped working. I called LG and didn’t get a response so I called another repair service. The compressor was not working. LG was aware there was a compressor problem with their refrigerators manufactured in 2018 but they refused to reimburse the $880.00 it cost to get the refrigerator repaired because I didn’t use an LG repair person.

On 10/31/2022 the refrigerator again stopped working. This time I called LG and they sent a repair person. He stated a line from the compressor was clogged. It would cost me $779.00 to get it repaired and he can’t get the part to repair it for three weeks. I do not have a second refrigerator so this is not an option. The repair person also stated LG refrigerators are junk and I should get rid of it because I would continue to have problems with it. I will be purchasing a new refrigerator and will never buy another LG product.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I bought a new LG Elite refrigerator when we bought a house. It lasted exactly 4 years before it started not cooling effectively. I called local places to see if they could repair it and they all said the same thing. LG refrigerators are disposable. They last 4 or 5 years and then the plastic parts they use instead of metal parts start to fail. They wouldn't even try to repair them because the basic components are so poor. DO NOT BUY AN LG REFRIGERATOR!!!!

LG Refrigerators Company Information