2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

BOTTOM LINE

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

PROS

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

CONS

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last while keeping their word on the productivity of these products and much much more...

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has triple doors. A double at the top and a single at the bottom. It has LED display and is a beautiful color. There is noth

LG Refrigerators Shop on Build.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

One of the best refrigerators money can buy. Very well designed to use every cubic inch space that’s available. When you try to store something, you approach wondering if it will fit, and it always fits in the intended space. One can never go wrong with this model from LG. My family loves it. Had to wait for 4 days to get it delivered from Costco. Well worth the wait. It’s been working very well for almost a year now. Waited this long to give my true impressions after using it.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Srinivasan. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any issues, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I do love the French door refrigerator with the exterior water and ice dispenser. I did have difficulty with the exterior coating (called black stainless steel, which it is not) chipping off and had to fight tooth and nail to get anything done because they called it a cosmetic issue. I was not. It kept flaking. It was a defect in the coating. The refrigerator itself has been easy to clean, has multiple shelf options, and I love the wide drawer at the bottom. The freezer also has a top drawer to keep all those smaller things that can get lost in the bottom of a freezer. Also space enough for me to separate my meat from everything else, so I can see quickly what I need to replenish. The ice maker is great! Options to make extra if you're having guests is a great feature and you can switch from cube to crushed.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Patricia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

After just over two years, both refrigerator & freezer stopped cooling. Our utility company provides 'Appliance Protection' service, however, after waiting a month, the technician informed me that it is the compressor. When we purchased dry ice to save our frozen foods, I told the merchant about my problem. He told me at least a dozen people with LG or Samsung refrigerators had the same problem. The problem seems to be a common issue.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Peter. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Beautiful looking refrigerator! It is the first bottom freezer with upper french doors I have owned. I was very hopeful that the ice maker and water in the door would match my Kenmore. Almost. The ice cubes are a little smaller and don't last as long. It also connects to my phone and tells me if the power is off or the door is left open. I have never used this feature during the month I have owned the refrigerator. I was able to buy it on sale from Home Depot this summer and also use gift cards earned from my credit card. I am happy with the arrangement of the doors and shelves. The bottom drawer freezer allows for easier viewing and access. LG seems to be a great product thus far and I am happy with the purchase.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have a now ten-year old LMX25964 ST Refrigerator made by LG. It is a French door version with two pullout freezers underneath. It has worked flawlessly with one exception. The hinge wore out on the right side. There's just a piece of Delrin plastic that rides on the hinge. I started seeing powder from the metal grinding for like two years before I realized what was going on. Maybe I put too much weight on that door. I now store the milk on the solid shelf off the door. It cost me about an hour looking at YouTube to figure out how to fix it and around $20 in parts.

The fix process went surprisingly well. I had predicted a disaster. Door came off easily as did the old hinge. I draped a towel in front while the power was off to retain the cool. In the old days we used to put the old fridge out in the garage after the remodel where it cooled beer for 20 more years. Those days are gone. I have a LG washer dryer combo that was very high end at the time of purchase. They have performed perfectly for ten years now. My LG dishwasher went bad two months after the warranty ran out. I took it apart, took one look and put it back together. Whatever I did it must have reset the circuit board or something. Works fine now.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I purchased my LG refrigerator in February 2017. (Note: it is not yet 3 years old.) I absolutely love the refrigerator's features: The 3 drawers in the bottom freezer, the ice/water dispenser and maker in the door, the large, wide door shelves, the separate crisper drawer. (BTW, I still love their design.) The problems with this refrigerator began 2 years after purchasing it. Since then, this less-than-3-year-old refrigerator has completely stopped cooling 3 separate times. We have replaced all the parts in the entire cooling system: the compressor, the evaporator, the filter dryer, and a service valve. It has cost us many hundreds of dollars in labor costs, parts, and food loss. It just broke on us for the last time. We are chucking this lemon and buying a new "Not-LG" refrigerator.

If you look online, you will see a class action suit against LG due to their cooling system "issues." LG has known that the design of their refrigerator cooling system is faulty, and they have continued to sell them without addressing their design problems. Once the first year of use is behind you, you must pay for these repairs.

In my opinion, LG does not deserve your business. More importantly, you DO NOT WANT an LG! No one wants this much malfunction and trouble.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Janice. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We bought our LG Refrigerator in 2015 when we built our new house. We spent over 2k on this new refrigerator. It was fine until July 2019. That's when it suddenly stopped working. LG sent out a service tech to repair the fridge. He replaced the compressor and other interior parts the first time. This did not fix the fridge. He came back out a second time (about a week later) and replaced the fan in the upper part of the fridge. It finally worked. Fast forward to May 2020... The fridge completely stops working again. We unplugged it and left it unplugged for a few hours. After plugging it back in, it started working again.

Fast forward to Jan. 2021... Horrible sounds coming from the fan in the top part of the fridge. The next day, the fridge stops working AGAIN!! This is absolutely ridiculous. A $2000 fridge that cannot work properly for even 5 years!! LG should be ashamed of themselves. These fridges were supposed to last at least 20 years and I have already had to have it repaired. It is frustrating having to keep unplugging it and moving it all around to try and get it to work again. Not to mention the food in the fridge and freezer compartments need to be moved or left to spoil.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Lauren. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Just under two years, both refrigerator & freezer stopped cooling. Thankfully we bought the extended warranty. It will be around 2 weeks before this fridge will be running again. Techs need to come out a diagnosis issue before bringing parts. Waiting a week for someone to even come look at this is crazy. Reading on the internet this is a very common issue with LG fridges. Compressors failing after 2 years. I really regret buying this fridge when we renoed the kitchen. My old one is in the garage with zero issues after 12 years.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Brett. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I purchased a new LG French door refrigerator with two bottom drawers as the freezer 2 years ago 1/6/2019 brand new. Prior to Christmas 2020, the unit quit cooling completely with a dh-f code. All the food had to be thrown out. I have contacted LG 6 times, the best they can do is late Feb to repair the unit. That is unacceptable and I will not recommend LG, they have a known track record of refrigerator problems based on my search of reviews. I have never owned a refrigerator that didn’t last at least 10 years. Shame on LG for poor products and poor customer service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Robert. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Have owned three LG refrigerators, all ended up throwing away after multiple repairs. All came in new, but either began leaking (first two) or not cooling (compressor) right after warranty expired. It cost a lot of money and time to deal with the headache. No more LG!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jessica. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information