2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.16/5
Based on 2,319 ratings submitted in the last year

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

LG Refrigerators Gallery (3)
View More View More

LG Refrigerators Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I bought my LG fridge in 2017 and my wife and I woke up to the dreaded compressor failure on it this Sat morning. After reading the reviews on here we were prepared for a horrible experience and to have to go without a fridge/freezer for months with two young kiddos!! I was ready to swear off LG just as other reviewers on here, but here is the abbreviated details of what happened. * Called customer service on Sat. (Was nice to them when I called). * Was told there was an open time slot for this Monday (today) for tech to take a look. * My expectation based on reviews here was tech would show up; explain it would be a month for the part to come in and uff....

* Tech showed up today. Michael who works for LG direct service. He not only had a compressor on him to replace the default one but had all the tools to get it done today. He was very professional and and explained to me contrary to other reviews on here that LG has upgraded and improved their software and the compressors so hopefully this will not happen again. Only took him about 90min to get it all fixed as he knew his stuff! * Fridge is fixed and running only two days after I first called customer service on a weekend at no cost on labor or parts.

I don't write many reviews on anything but feel that this was deserving as I'm sure others had valid unpleasant experiences, but mine was a very positive one. If anyone else has this issues don't hit the panic button based on other's reviews. I don't know if it helped the cause but I was very calm and understanding when I called them to explain the problem as well. Products are going to have issues but I will judge a company based on how they deal with those problems and LG handled this very professional and I am very satisfied. Hopefully this repair holds up but if not if they deal with it the same way this one went they will retain me as a customer on future purchases. I do really like the fridge as well so 5 stars both for the fridge as well as the service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mike, Thank you for the response, if there are any issues and if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I’ve dealt with LG stuff through the years and the products that I’ve gotten seemed to work very well. Aside from TVs and others, being in the elevator business, I have bought and installed LG elevators, which were good quality products. We got an LG refrigerator and it works well. It keeps the food cool. And when it’s working right, it keeps the ice cream hard, and I like that. I was just having an issue with the food getting warm. Their technician came out within a day and a half and fixed it, but didn’t get it right on the first time.

When I told them it wasn’t working, they said they could come the following day, which was a Saturday. I was impressed that they came out even on a weekend. They took care of it early in the morning and got us up and running. So I was really happy. I had a big party planned and the technician got the refrigerator all fixed up before that. It started cooling down really well, and everything was fantastic. The technician was a nice gentleman, and very cooperative. He worked with us.

All-around, I was happy with the service that I got from LG. And I would be calling them again if I have any problems with the refrigerator. I’m happy that they have their own service department. A lot of times you get different companies that are servicing the product, and they gotta run to LG to get the parts. The guy we had here is directly connected with LG, so it’s part of their system. And I know, being in the business, that if you’re dealing with the in-house manufacturer, they have better availability of parts and technical support than a middleman. You get a couple of people down this chain, and now you gotta order the parts and it takes longer. But the guy we had was able to come with the parts and then he did the job, and that makes the difference. I would absolutely recommend them.

Hello Fred,

Original review: July 30, 2019

We bought everything LG in the kitchen. My in-laws have Samsung and they had a lot of problems with their refrigerator. We've had our LG refrigerator for four years now. I like the quality of it, but we've had it repaired eight times. And I thought, maybe after the fifth time, they would say, "Eh, it's a lemon." Maybe they'd give us a new one, but they didn't. So, that was probably 15 hours of my time that I had to stand on getting it fixed.

The first time, I called LG and they immediately had a guy over the next day, which is unheard of. That was outstanding service. He replaced something and then, exactly five days later, it was out again. And this continued for seven times but it's finally fixed now. There's nothing else to replace except for the shelf. Nowadays, it's very difficult to get water separate from the ice. You almost have to flip a switch, and I think LG's new ones are this way. You flip a switch to do water after you put ice in it. I like the feature of two different places.

I wish LG had better training on the repairmen. The last thing the repairman fixed was the condenser in the freezer. And I believe that was the problem the whole time. He would've saved LG a ton of money, and me as a customer a ton of time, by being able to diagnose it a little better instead of replacing every part on it. But I would definitely recommend LG. They always answered my call and they always tried. Their customer service is outstanding. The fridge had some problems, but in the end, they fixed it and made the situation right.

Hello Kevin,

Original review: July 22, 2019

I needed a dishwasher. LG had a whole set of stuff on sale and I thought it looked good. So I bought it all including the refrigerator and the washer. I also use LG phones, so I like their products. Within an hour after the service people left and delivered, I noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. We then had multiple appointments. The guy came out twice and he didn’t have what he needed. Then we had more appointments that were cancelled. Finally, I had one that they cancelled and when I called the vendor that I had been dealing with, they told me that I had to refile my claim. I then got a hold of LG directly and I found out that the vendor had ordered in a wrong door and all this time, they never returned it, so LG never sent them a replacement. So the vendor kept scheduling an install and they expected me to have the door. The vendor was not knowledgeable at all.

It took about nine months to get the refrigerator done. But I love it. My favorite feature is that little extra door on it, but the shelving is not adjustable enough. I can’t get them on the height I would like them. And on the dishwasher, the settings are not made for American dishes. It’s small in the rack and certain spaces, and not as flexible as my older one was and it seems to not hold as many dishes, either.

Hello Clovia,

Thank you for notifying LG of the issues you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of the experience we want for our valued customers. We would be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve known about LG Refrigerators for a long time and I liked its design. I was so excited to find it. I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I like the adjustable shelf although I wish there are more shelves that are more adjustable. Also, I can have shelves on either side of the refrigerator at different heights. I wanted a single-door refrigerator and it's a double-door but it’s alright. It looks nice and it’s fine. However, I’m not happy that my freezer keeps frosting up.

It took five or six calls to get someone to come out and look at the freezer when it was frosting up. So, it took several weeks. If I was working, I probably wouldn’t have been able to stay on top of that and now, I have the problem again. I bought another refrigerator because mine was frosting so much and I couldn’t keep anything in there frozen. Now, I’m getting a space problem. I’ve had it a few months. The motor seems to be working fine and the refrigerator seems to be keeping the right temperature but there’s something wrong with the seal on the freezer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Door in door latch mechanism fails to function 95% of the time, defeating the purpose because handle opens both doors at once. Design flaw causes frustration every time we open the fridge. Would not recommend. Have had handle repaired once, shortly after installation, and technician assured it was "normal" for it to be a bit sticky and it would improve with use. After a year, I can say the only thing that has improved is my desire to replace this refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I am not writing a review of the product but about the customer service. I can't speak about the quality of the products yet because I haven't received them yet. I ordered an appliance package on November 30th with a delivery date of January 2nd. It is now January 10th and my delivery date has been changed 5 times and has currently been pushed to February 28th. I've contacted customer service several times and have been treated very poorly. They have been nothing but rude. I have a problem with the fact that I have already paid for my items, they have my money but I still don't have my appliances. LG has never even offered an apology for the inconvenience. They just keep pushing the delivery date out because they don't have stock. Please think twice before wasting your time and money when purchasing from LG!

Hello Tammy,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Two days before thanksgiving 2019 our three year old LG fridge stopped cooling. Two weeks later when the tech shows up he informed us the compressor had failed. Two days before Christmas it stopped cooling again. Supposed to be fixed January 16. We are currently using an Igloo cooler. Can’t keep leftovers and have to toss out lots of food and condiments, plus we have been buying bags of ice nearly every day. Having four grandkids plus ourselves an Igloo just don’t get it done, 3000.00 dollars poorly spent. It won’t happen again.

Hello Jodie,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I was so glad to add a new stylish refrigerator to my kitchen. Counter depth, window that lets you see inside the fridge, an extra door to open for just drinks. AWESOME! I told my friends, they were glad I updated my kitchen. Well none of them want to hear about how much LG is a terrible product. I had a refrigerator delivered and it did not work properly, had a second delivered, and it was malfunctioning, took two days off work to it serviced and it still does not work. The customer service is horrible. They know how say, "That is not our protocol." Instead of LG, buy a cooler and ice. Your food will stay fresher.

Hello Mark,

We truly hate to hear that you experienced multiple issues with your new refrigerator and want to assist. In a private message can you share with me name of the retailer you purchased it from and the model and serial number and a description of what happened? Thank you.

LG

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My 3.5 year old LG fridge stopped working 2 days ago...no warning. The front panel said the fridge was -4 and the freezer -17 but everything defrosted. This is terrible for an appliance just a few years old. I believe there are potential class action lawsuits about these fridges. Very disappointed. My Maytag fridge is still working after 20 years.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Deirdre, Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team