3.61/5
Based on 1,686 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

LG Refrigerators Gallery (3)
View More View More

2663 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

We remodeled our house a little over two years ago, and my wife bought new LG appliances for the kitchen including a dishwasher, electric cook top range, microwave and refrigerator. I like the fact that when you get water out of the refrigerator door, it comes out fast. When it went out, it took almost two weeks to get done, and that’s the only complaint I have. We’re retired and we can’t afford to go out every meal, so we lived out of coolers and one small hundred-dollar refrigerator for a month. When the repairman brought the compressor in, he informed us that he puts a lot of compressors into LGs. In fact, he finished up with us at 8:00 in the evening he was here, and he went on to do another one before he went home.

Hello Skip,

Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We shopped around a little bit then it came down to which one we liked in terms of aesthetics. We chose LG pretty much for the features. It's a beautiful refrigerator and I like the visibility of the program, the temperature and those type of things. But our experience has not been good so far. The top part stopped cooling and then apparently, something happened with the ice getting blocked. I'm not sure how that actually happened but we had to turn it off and take the ice out. It was a little bit of a pain. But the repair guy was really great and the customer service was good other than the fact that they overbooked the guy to come out that day. He was a little late. But he was able to fix the issue and hopefully, it stays okay. If not, we'll have to call LG back.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve known about LG Refrigerators for a long time and I liked its design. I was so excited to find it. I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I like the adjustable shelf although I wish there are more shelves that are more adjustable. Also, I can have shelves on either side of the refrigerator at different heights. I wanted a single-door refrigerator and it's a double-door but it’s alright. It looks nice and it’s fine. However, I’m not happy that my freezer keeps frosting up.

It took five or six calls to get someone to come out and look at the freezer when it was frosting up. So, it took several weeks. If I was working, I probably wouldn’t have been able to stay on top of that and now, I have the problem again. I bought another refrigerator because mine was frosting so much and I couldn’t keep anything in there frozen. Now, I’m getting a space problem. I’ve had it a few months. The motor seems to be working fine and the refrigerator seems to be keeping the right temperature but there’s something wrong with the seal on the freezer.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased an LG appliance suite. Although Costco extended the warranty another year from the manufacturer I was worried that at the 2 1/2 year mark that we were going to have to pay or replace our refrigerator when the compressor stopped working in December 2018. I had a local appliance repair place came out in determining with the compressor and told me that I should just buy a new refrigerator. I reached out to LG and asked if they were doing anything for customers at the compressors are not laughing the industry standard. I was greeted with sympathy from the LG customer service rep. He looked up my model and told me that I had a 10-year compressor warranty and assured me that he'd write up a ticket at no charge for labor or the service call.

I was able to get an appointment within three days and the service people were prompt and the repair was done within an hour and a half and my refrigerator is working beautifully. Although I'm disappointed that the refrigerator needed a repair at the 2 and 1/2 year mark. I am pleased to say that LG made the repair process a simple one.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We purchased our refrigerator in August 2016. In February 2019 it stopped freezing and cooling. I called LG and the customer service (800 243 0000) and was scheduled for a service call the following morning. Based on the description of the problem the customer service rep advised there would be no charge for the service call or repair. (She didn't advise why, I didn't ask because I was thrilled after reading the other horror stories on this site.) The technician, Bryan ** called me about 15 minutes after the call to confirm our appointment the following morning and ask me about the problem so that he could ensure he had what he needed on the truck to make the repair.

The next morning Bryan called when he was on his way to my house. (Within the time window that was scheduled. Another thing that doesn't happen that often that people actually show up in the time frame they are supposed to.) He began working at 10AM and finished by just after 11AM. He would courteous and very competent in making the repair. It turned out to be a failed/faulty compressor which was replaced with a new one. I already loved the fridge, I am extremely pleased with the customer care by all three LG employees I worked with in this transaction. Thanks!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2019

Hi, we bought a french door LG refrigerator 2 years back and started having problems with freezer from year 1. After many calls we had a good service rep and fixed the problem. He was the best. We didn't expect problems with the LG fridge this soon but glad service Rep took care of it.

Original review: June 17, 2019

While I love the design and layout of the refrigerator, there is one drawer in the refrigerated section that freezes the vegetables I put in. Repairman was here twice and could not fix it. I decided just to live with it since I did not look forward hunting for a replacement.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The refrigerator, although performing well across the board, was noisy from day 1. The repair person ultimately concluded that the origin of the issue was a condenser that was mismounted at the factory. This caused reverberation throughout the unit. The unit was repaired one year after purchase and has not given us any trouble since. Time will tell.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2019

I just called LG to try and warranty my french door refrigerator with a broken compressor. I purchased my unit Aug. 2012, and I am well within my 10 year warranty. Heck, I'm still within the 7 year warranty for the other parts that will need to be replaced when they repair the compressor. They transferred me to their affiliated repair company and they want $1000.00 to fix my unit. If I'm under warranty, why do I have to pay that much for something that is guaranteed to break again, from reading all these comments???? $1k I might as well use that money for a new unit, not LG!

Original review: June 13, 2019

I bought model LFX25991St/06 on 2013. After two years of using the ice maker. I found out the blades in between has rust on it. One time, my home had power outage. The ice melt, the rusty water dripped from the dispenser. It is very disgusting.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had my refrigerator abruptly stop cooling. The first tech appointment was coordinated rather quickly, but the fix didn't take and the fridge was down again with 24 hours. The technician I worked with was the ONLY one available in my area. He had a personal emergency the day he was supposed to service my unit again, which meant I was out of luck. It took 5 WEEKS for LG to get a technician back out to me. I will most certainly NOT be buying another LG product because of this awful customer support.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My 4.5 yr old side by side LG stopped cooling sometime Sunday. I had purchased an extended warranty. (Customer service is not what it used to be.) Called the warranty company and left a message Sunday night. Waited all day Monday for a call back. Can you hear the crickets. Short story, didn't get anyone on the phone till Tuesday and was told an appt. was set for Wednesday morning. But I should call the service provider to confirm. Three phone calls and an email later I get a response. Tech arrived Wednesday afternoon. Then tells me, after checking my fridge that I need a new compressor. And that the reason he was late is because he just replaced a compressor on another LG fridge. I thought he might have one in his truck, but no. I would have to be ordered and another appt. would have to be made.

I have owned 2 other brands in the past and only replaced them after 15 or more years and I have never had a compressor replaced. Now that the kids are long gone and we decide to buy more expensive appliances, we find that "expensive" is not synonymous with "reliable". BTW LG dishwasher repaired twice in 5 years.

Going back to the old yet faithful brands.

Hello Samuel

Original review: June 13, 2019

I contacted customer service about my freezer dying, they told me that the earliest it could send a technician was 3 days. Ok they’re busy I can accept that. Oh but nobody shows up to repair my freezer after my wife took a vacation day so she could be home when he showed up. I returned a call back to customer support and the gentleman said to hold on he was going to call the technician. Then he comes back and tells me that he can’t get in contact with the technician but here is his number you can call them. After calling for the last 4 days still nobody to repair freezer! But oh does it get better because this morning now the refrigerator part is not cold. So again I contact customer support and the guy tells me he can’t get in contact with the technician.

We have tried all week long what makes you think you could contact them today. Then customer support told me that he is going to change repair technicians and the earliest they could come out to repair would be 2 weeks. I said I can’t go 2 weeks without a refrigerator, could they reimburse me with another refrigerator. The answer is "no we can’t do that till the technician says it’s un-repairable". So okay geniuses what do you do for 2 weeks with medication that needs to stay cold and not being able to afford eating out every day for 2 weeks. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT AND ONE MORE TIME DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LG BECAUSE YOU CANNOT GET IT REPAIRED!!

Original review: June 13, 2019

Our refrigerator is 2 years and 1 month old. The linear compressor has already gone out. We've been without a refrigerator for almost a week and now we were told that a known problem, the compressor will take another 2 weeks. If you know there is an issue why keep your customers waiting and why have you not recalled and fix the problem?

Hello Karen,

Original review: June 12, 2019

I bought LG refrigerator December 21st 2018. After having it for only 5 months, the water dispenser started spitting out water by itself. Contacted LG and they send a repairman try to fix it. 2 weeks later it started spitting out water again multiple times and multiple times cleaning the floor so none of us will slip and fall. My husband contacted LG again but they had him transferred from different customer service (which by the way customer service is overseas). I wish I had read this review prior to purchasing a new refrigerator then I would not have to go with the hassle and wasted my money. Will not purchase LG appliances ever again!!!

Hello Joy,

Original review: June 12, 2019

Less than 4 year old refrigerator died on 5/24. Took FOREVER to get techs to take the situation seriously and get repair tech scheduled. After 2 failed attempts, an independent non-LG tech finally diagnosed compressor failure. LG phone techs may be trained to downplay the situation, because the repair tech said he diagnoses 5 and replaces at least 3 of these a day. They cannot keep up with the work and LG won't hire more repairmen. Took another 5 days for parts to arrive and then schedule a repair day. Meanwhile I am living with NO FRIDGE and now LG says they will NOT reimburse me for the mini fridge we had to buy (not to mention all the bagged ice I've had to purchase too!) The "best we can do is send you a check for $100" for food reimbursement. I spent $1500 on a refrigerator from you and that's the best you can do???

Compressor was finally replaced today and repairman said, "I don't trust the new compressor either, so don't put any food in it for at least 48 hours till you're sure it's operating correctly." Yikes. This has been such a disillusioning experience, I have praised LG products to anyone asking for recommendations, but I will not anymore due to the TERRIBLE customer service I received!! Refrigerators, and appliances in general, are designed these days to break and NOT be repaired. If that's the case, then the price should reflect a disposable product, not the thousands they do cost. LG is not standing behind their product, but rather hiding behind untrained techs who speak so politely, yet do not disseminate truthful information to frustrated customers looking for help from the company they trusted with their hard-earned money. You have lost a long-time loyal customer with many LG products in our home, shame on you...

Original review: June 12, 2019

My wife had purchased an entire Kitchen of LG appliances about a year ago with the Black SS smudge-proof finish - NOT INEXPENSIVE! We just noticed that the finish in a few areas is peeling on the refrigerator only. NOTHING in the way of a chemical cleaner has ever been used on any of these appliances, only soap and water. All of the other LG appliances with the same finish (microwave, dishwasher, gas stove) are perfect. She is extremely upset that we have taken so much care and spent so much money only to have this major appliance look like heck. Let’s see how LG stands behind a (14 month old) $3,000.00 PEELING FINISH on their French Door refrigerator. Best Buy already said too bad, nothing we can do!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Bought a LG freezer on bottom fridge on top 3 years ago. Last Thursday it stopped working. Lost all my food. Called repair guy. Said it was compressor. LG offered to warranty complete repair, but one week later, 6 hrs on the phone and still don't have a repair appointment.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Bought 2 LG French door refrigerators in January 2017. Paid about 3 grand each. April 2019 1 of the fridges stopped cooling. Called LG. Repairman came out and said compressor not working. He returned a week later. Replaced compressor. 4 days later not cooling again. Everything melted, water on wood floors. He said motherboard not working. Waited 1 week with a broken fridge and motherboard replaced. 4 days later found water on ground again. Everything melted. Called again and said will change out compressor again. Need to wait 1 week again. 4 days later broken again which is tonight. This should be illegal. Are they going to do this for next couple of yrs until warranty is expired? In meantime we have to suffer with a broken fridge every week? Anyone with suggestions on how to approach? I wrote complaint to BBB also. Now we have to call LG tomorrow to get repairman out again. This will be 4th visit for same problem.

Hello Tina,

Original review: June 12, 2019

We have owned our refrigerator for 2 years exactly & the compressor went out. LG has a 5 year warranty however the repair company they use continues to cancel & reschedule the appointment. We have now been without a refrigerator for 3.5 weeks. And will be waiting even longer. With no end in sight. I really wish I never have bought an LG refrigerator!

Original review: June 11, 2019

We purchased our LG Refrigerator in October 2016. It is a French door with dual ice makers. We did love it but like so many others... our compressor broke and our food was ruined. No small expense. Because there is such a demand for replacement compressors I was told there was a back order on them and it took 10 days to get it fixed. Additionally, we cannot get the right fruit/vegetable bin (when facing the refrigerator) out to clean it without breaking it. The gentleman who repaired did get it out and broke it in the process. If anyone would care to shed light on this I would greatly appreciate it. I did read the manual and when you follow the directions, it jams against the door.

Also, there in a clear plastic easy access door inside the main french door that catches and pulls open each time you open the main door. Our solution to this was to tape it shut. Lastly, the handle has a button to push to open to access milk and other beverages and apparently it is painted plastic not stainless steel like the rest of the handle because the paint wore off the first year... Looks pretty bad for a high end fridge.

LG Refrigerators response

Thank you for allowing us to step in and assist

Original review: June 11, 2019

The compressor on my LG refrigerator recently failed, after a few years. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the compressor and many people have expressed that concern. So it seems like LG's product doesn’t really last that long. There are refrigerators that were built in the ‘90s and ‘80s that still work to this day. This is a modern fridge with very short life expectancy. It’s very unreasonable, although the issue has been resolved. My decision to buy an LG refrigerator was price-related. But when selling a product, companies should disclose fully the expectancy of the failure rate of their products versus advertising how wonderful they are. All manufacturers should disclose, “Okay. Based on our studies in the past 10 years, out of x amount of units sold, these are how many have failed in this amount of time.” A consumer can make a better decision as well.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

Just purchased Fridge about 2 years ago could not believe that I'm having problems already. The customer service rep was very knowledgeable and was able to get me a service tech right away. I was not happy with the tech as his attitude towards resolving my problem was not at the top of his agenda. All in all I was satisfied with my experience, although I lost all my food because it spoiled.

Original review: June 10, 2019

First repair company, Carolina Appliance, was awful. They are LG contractors but the serviceman I got was inept at diagnosing problem. I was told to order the main board to maybe solve problem or just buy a Whirlpool. Needless to say, he diagnosed wrong and I'm stuck with a new main board because can't return. And the problem (non working ice machine) wasn't fixed. I called LG and begged them to help. They sent Ramon from Excel. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! Ramon was professional, thorough, and knowledgeable. He contacted LG service team while here to troubleshoot problem properly. In the end he knew what he was doing and had my problem solved and with LG's amazing service, I have a new freezer door and a functioning ice machine. Thank you LG!

Original review: June 10, 2019

Their compressors are the old type compressor that requires a specially certified technician to work on them. Once they leak, you're looking at over $400 + $300 for labor. Their warranty services are limited to only LG technicians that are not in the phone book and are sent to you from somebody in the Philippines. Tough to deal with and there are a lot of building issues with regards to the warranty.

Hello Mike,

We apologize that you are having issues with your refrigerator, please reach out to us and let us know the serial number on the device and the factory model number if you continue to have issues with your unit.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Visiting technician (not his faults) says the linear compressor used in this LG refrigerator is noisy/louder than others -and suggest we install 'sound-dampening' around the refrigerator. I regret purchasing this LG refrigerator - it's louder than the GE we had before. Reminds me of my grandmother's noisy Kelvinator in 1959. Freezer frost is resolved by decreasing the amount of food we stored in the freezer, which was never an issue with our previous unit(s)?!?

LG Refrigerators response

Thank you for notifying LG of the issues you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of the experience we want for our valued customers. We would be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have an LG fridge that I purchased from Best Buy on 6/17/2016. I have had ice maker issues twice and replaced - not covered by warranty! Now two weeks ago no cold air...everything in my freezer thawed and lost. I called LG who extended the warranties on their cooling systems because surely they would have had a class action lawsuit had they not covered their faulty, problematic cooling systems. I was given the opportunity to choose the service company. After three tries with company suggestions by the LG Customer Service center I found one online that had more than 1 Yelp Star Rating. But after booking an appointment for a full week later, I found that they canceled my appointment with no notice.

I called LG again livid and they assigned me to a company who would come out two days later (today). I was VERY clear with LG that I was concerned they would come out and say "oh yeah it is broken" then need to order parts. OR say it is my fault that there is dust under the fridge so it isn't covered under warranty which I am reading many do. WHAT A RACKET!!! I was assured by the LG CS rep that they only send companies who have the parts and that my tech would have a compressor and condenser on board. That was a bold face lie! Now I am going on 2 weeks with no fridge. This is robbery. They should have to pay for my food until they fix it.. Eating out is EXPENSIVE! I am beyond disappointed in this HUGE company! I wouldn't buy socks made by LG! DO NOT BUY LG EVER!!! Not even an earbud!!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

Purchased a new $2K+ LG refrigerator 4 years ago as part of an entire kitchen suite. The compressor (sealed system) failed, and while the labor wasn't covered under warranty, the parts to repair the refrigerator was covered. I had a LG certified technician make 5 separate visits trying to repair my refrigerator and it was never fixed. It simply will not cool anything in both the refrigerator and freezer. Thus, I've had to go out and purchase a new refrigerator at my expense. I've tried to go through the LG process whereby they would consider replacing or reimbursing my refrigerator. They have continued to deny my request, thus the reason I've been forced to purchase a new refrigerator to replace my LG unit that was barely 4 years old. I will never purchase another LG appliance as they do not stand by their products.

Dear Mark,

Original review: June 10, 2019

The fridge started to have problems before it was 1 yr old, after 3 months of replacing parts in order to find the problem, I could either get it replaced with the same LG or similar LG model or a store credit. The store deducted almost $300.- from the amount that was allowed, but I didn't want another LG refrigerator so I lost money on it.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Since April 10 my refrigerator problem has not been fixed. Tech visited five times in four weeks for repair work. According to engineering dept of LG, this refrigerator can not be fixed. This refrigerator was purchased in August 2015. I have lost food twice approximately value $400. I have NINE people living in this house and have NO refrigerator for two months. As per LG’s request Original purchase receipt has been submitted twice. Is it normal?

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs