1.84/5
Based on 408 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2282 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

I bought model LMXS30776S refrigerator in January 2015 from Home Depot with 3 years extended warranty. After 3 1/2 years it stopped cooling on 7/14/2018. Called Home Depot but they told warranty expired and they cannot do anything. After that I called LG customer support and they asked bunch of questions and finally connected with one agent. Again I answered all those questions to agent and asked him to schedule repair service.

He told he cannot see the technicians schedule and he will give me a call whenever he can see their schedules. I am not sure what kind of software they are using which prevent them to see their schedules. They never called me back. They advised me to call every day between 2-4 PM CST to check any appointments available. This is really crap. Also gave another advice to work with local LG authorized dealer. They are another piece of crap. Got lot of negative reviews about them. Thanks LG. Stop selling expensive junk to our consumers. If you want to do business please work with customers not against to customers.

Original review: July 19, 2018

After only two years, my ice maker (LG side by side refrigerator) stopped making ice. I paid $125 for a technician to come out and discover that the water line to the ice maker was frozen. He thawed the line and told me that if it happened again, we may need to replace the freezer door. He knew automatically that the problem was with the freezer door but LG claims that there is no defect in the freezer door, nor is there a recall on the freezer door. They want me to pay $435 for the door plus the cost of labor. I refused to pay that amount on top of the money that I have already paid. That is entirely too much money for my refrigerator to make ice. LG also canceled my previously scheduled second appointment with the technician without my knowledge. I will never purchase another LG product and I do not recommend that anyone else does either.

LG Refrigerator Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 19, 2018

Bought this LG fridge model LMXS30776 in December 2015. After 2 and 1/2 years it has stopped working. We have little children who need their milk, juice, etc. to be refrigerated. I feel like we were being robbed. Their compressors can’t be fixed. Just a waste of time and money. My brand new fridge will go into the landfill. Thanks LG. Stop selling expensive junk to our consumers.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I really loved this refrigerator (LMXS30776S), lots of space, extra drawer for drinks, and the black stainless steel. We bought it 5/22/16, and the compressor went out on 6/29/18... we bought the extended warranty (thru HH Gregg). They had someone out 7/3 who said they weren't qualified to fix the compressor, and another company stood us up altogether. After hours spent on hold, and the warranty company saying it's now in a 'diff department'... I ended up live chatting with LG who gave me a list of their approved companies - out of 6 I finally have someone coming out to hopefully fix the compressor on 7/20. We paid $3461 (tax & warranty included) for this beautiful piece of worthless metal! I understand things break, but I think it's strange that some companies refuse to work on LG refrigerators or aren't 'qualified'. I would never recommend this refrigerator.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Bought LG-LMX27626S. Paid almost $3000.00 for it in Jan 2016. The fridge died - not cooling and the same issue with the Linear Compressor like everyone else, there is no local LG repair technician available in my area or the whole island - I live on Maui. Call LG customer service and spoke to 3 person, two from Philippines and finally talked to someone in Alabama, she is as bad - she said, “We can send you the parts and you have to find your own repairman!” Hello. There is NO one to service LG fridge on Maui. I asked to speak to supervisor or management - she basically told me no and she told me "LG management will NOT speak to the customers!". Worse product that I ever purchased - no more LG for me and rest of the Made in Korea products! I will tell all my friends and co-workers not to buy their products!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: July 18, 2018

We purchased a French door LG refrigerator in Mar 2016. It was delivered and installed in Aug 2016. On Jun 15, 2018 the compressor went out. After an hour on the phone with LG customer service and contacting 12 different "LG authorized repair people", none offered Saturday service. We finally found a local guy, willing to work on an LG refrigerator (MANY appliance repair people state on the home page of their website that they DO NOT SERVICE LG REFRIGERATORS or their outgoing VM gives this information).

Within seconds of having the freezer torn apart, he confirmed that the compressor was "out". We then spent the next two weeks, while on vacation, speaking with LG customer service and the repair person to TRY to get action towards a compressor replacement part before we got home. We arrived home to no compressor part and after ANOTHER call to LG customer service, found out that our claim had inexplicably been "closed"! WTH? I then "barfed" all over the LG USA Electronics Facebook page when the social media rep was able to get more information than 7 calls over two weeks with LG customer service had yielded. LG offered to pay for the part and the labor.

Problem is NO LOCAL REPAIR PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH LG because they PAY SO LITTLE and this job will apparently take ALL DAY. So LG recommends this repair person who is an HOUR AWAY. It has now been two more weeks (yes, a whole month without a refrigerator or freezer in the heat of California summer) and STILL NO CALL that our repair is imminent. So today we call LG Customer Service again to find out the parts were delivered to the authorized LG repair person on Friday, July 13th and it is our responsibility to "work it out with the repair person". To say that I am FURIOUS is an understatement.

I want LG refrigerators BANNED from sale in California because of faulty manufacturing and beyond horrific customer service. LG is committing fraud. We did our research before buying this refrigerator. LG refrigerators received favorable reviews. BUT NOT SINCE WE BOUGHT OURS. LG apparently made a good product when the manufacturing was in S Korea or Mexico. Since moving their manufacturing to China, however, we are in the MAJORITY of people complaining about the shoddy piece of junk LG refrigerators now are. I want our refrigerator repaired so I can get rid of it and purchase a quality KitchenAid or Whirlpool refrigerator. WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING LG AGAIN AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

My refrigerator is 6 months old. The Ice Maker at 2 months old started to produce metal/oil tasting ice. I called to have the unit looked at and they sent out a tech that agreed the ice was tasting like metal. He suggested replacing the water filter and I did. It solved nothing. I cleaned out the ice bin... solved nothing. Added baking soda as suggested by tech support... it solved nothing. Made sure food in the freezer was sealed in zip locks as suggested... it solved nothing. Water coming from the dispenser tastes fine, so obviously, somewhere in the Ice Maker unit, it's getting tainted.

Basically, after 6 months (still under warranty) they refuse to send anyone to fix the stupid thing unless I agree to pay for the tech out of my own pocket because he found "nothing wrong" with the fridge despite he agreed the ice tastes like metal. I should have sent the entire unit back when I had it the first week and had to call for service... that issue was someone at the factory didn't plug in the compressor power cable. Horrible customer service, useless tech support, and terrible warranty policy. 6-month-old fridge with an Ice Maker I can't even use. Never will I purchase an LG product again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

LG Refrigerator - Paid $3500. JOKE. Been repaired repeatedly by P.C. Richard's service department. They've even asked LG to replace the unit as all possible parts have been replaced. This is the worst possible product. LG has now lost a customer and I'm telling everyone I know not to purchase. I thought I was buying a top of the line product... French doors, freezer drawers (that come off track). Water lines froze constantly and now compressor has broken numerous times. I've lost about $1,000 in products to no refrigeration/freezer. Tomorrow will be the 6th attempted repair since April. HELP!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Back again...after 1 month of compressor being replaced, after a month to obtain part, now there are leaks in the coils. At what point should this piece of metal be replaced! Paid $3,000.00 for this item and have only had 2 years. Trying to get it repaired with the extended warranty cost me missed work and money, food and money to eat out until repaired. 1 month later I am back at square one. I have pictures of food lost and a man in my refrigerator trying to figure it out. Who and when will LG step up and get me a new refrigerator! Additional, my husband had to assist with remove parts and pulling out the refrigerator. Something I could not have done. I AM READY FOR A REPLACEMENT!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Purchased LG French Door Refrigerator LFXS24623 purchased in 2015 for $2400 from Home Depot. July 5, 2018 there was a puddle on water on the floor in front of the LG refrigerator. Upon opening the refrigerator and freezer, it was apparent that the refrigerator and freezer were no longer cooling. I lost between $400-$450 worth of food between the refrigerator and freezer. I consulted the manual and tried contacted LG customer service along with going through the troubleshooting in the manual and the couple that were available online with improvement to cooling. I spoke with LG customer service on July 9 and they gave to 3 authorized tech repair companies to call for service. I call all of them and none of them service my area.

Please be advised that I do not live in a remote area. I called LG customer service back again with long waiting time again (10 minutes +) before speaking to anyone. I indicated to LG customer service that none of the authorized tech repair centers service my area. They gave me 3 more numbers to call for service and after calling them, none of those service my area. I began to call locate repair company to see if I could get anyone to come out. When they found out it was a LG refrigerator that indicated that they do not service LG refrigerators because LG parts rountinely take months to get, LG is very difficult to work with and when they do get the compressor and install for a customer, the compressor routinely fails again within 3 months.

July 10, 2018 I called LG Customer Service to explain that they have given 6 authorized repair centers that do not service my area and I have call 8 local repair center on my own which will not service my $2400 LG refrigerator because parts take 3 months to get and because LG is so difficult to work with. I asked to speak to a supervisor because they have a 7 year warranty on compressor, evaporator, and condenser which are likely the problem and LG is not standing behind the warranty if no repair center will service and parts take 3 months to obtain. The supervisor couldn’t understand how this could happen even though there documented class action lawsuits in progress and many similar complaints all over the internet.

The supervisor promised that they get a LG authorized tech schedule by LG, they would cover parts and labor due to the difficulty I had experience. They gave me a work order number, an approval number for the labor costs and the name of the company that would repair the frig/freezer and phone number that was going to be calling to schedule an appointment by the end of business day. At 4:15 pm I had not receive a call about scheduling the repair, so I call the company that LG was supposed to talk to personally and make that they would come out and repair my frig/freezer. Upon speaking to this company, they indicated that they did not receive any communication from LG about my repair and they do not repair LG refrigerators.

I called LG customer service back and told they what I just found out after another 10 mins on hold. They would not let me speak to a supervisor and told me that they would escalate the problem to the next level and I would hear something back in 3-5 business days. Life is not good with LG. This is totally unacceptable and I am stuck with 3 year old LG Refrigerator and Freezer that does not work and I can’t get anyone to repair. Please do not buy LG products. BTW, my 28 year old Amana refrigerator in the basement is running just fine.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Paid like 3000 on 2015 for this trash (LG lfxs29766s) on June 25 2018. Stop working. They make four appointments nobody do nothing. Today 07/11/18 someone was here. Another 5 business days to get parts. This the worst company LG from Home Depot.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I recently purchased a home wherein all of the appliances were, by receipt, no more than one year to 1 and 1/2 years. I felt that should bring to not have to worry about my appliances. Wrong! My LG refrigerator model LFX31925ST stainless steel 3 door refrigerator was bought by the previous owners in Nov 2016. With no extended warranty the protection in Nov 2017. I purchased the home a few months later and within just a few months both the ice maker and freezer fan stopped functioning. Of course, we are now a little time out of warranty. The expected repair cost actually exceeded the depreciated value of the refrigerator. So now I have dumped this LG fridge with no intention of ever buying a LG product. Buyer beware! New LG refrigerator is a money pit.

Original review: July 9, 2018

PROBLEM DATE 6/1/18, PURCHASE DATE 2/12/17, PAYMENT AMOUNT 2,432.59. Purchased the LG Refrigerator from SEARS in 2017. Contacted LG at 1-800-243-0000 on 6/1/18 at 9:57 AM about the fridge not freezing/cooling. LG offered a warranty # APN & service # RNN. LG said someone would contact me to setup an appointment for someone to look at the fridge. No one called. I called LG again on 6/2/18 @ 10:09 AM. They said someone would contact me on Monday. I called Tuesday, 6/5/18 @ 5:24 PM because no one had called me. They said it was being sent to the "Search Team" and someone would contact me in 5 business days. No one called. I called on 6/14/18 @ 8:52 AM. They said someone would be calling me because it had not been 5 business days yet. No one called me. I called again on 6/15/18 @ 8:22 AM they said JCS Technology would be contacting me to setup an appointment.

And a new # was assigned. RNN. I was reminded that parts and labor would be covered. We contacted JCS Technology because no one had setup an appointment. There was no answer. I called LG and they said they had an appointment setup for 6/18/18 between 8 AM and 12 PM. No one called or showed up to look at the fridge on 6/18/18. I contacted LG again 6/18/18 @ 1156. They said that JCS would reschedule the appointment. Which was for 6/23/18 between 8 AM and 12 PM. We contacted JCS Technology to make sure someone was showing up. We got a text msg from JCS Technology stating "Hi we won't be coming. They will be assigning you to another service center. Sorry for the inconvenience. They got the order mixed up." That was sent on 6/23/18 @ 10:15 AM. I contacted LG again on 6/23/18 @ 10:18 AM and they said they are sending it to their "Search Team and it would be 5 business days before we hear anything."

I want someone out here to look at the refrigerator. I offered to find someone to look at the fridge and they said they have a search team for that. It will be another 5 days. To sum it up, I have continued to call LG and I continue to be told it will be another 5 days. I have also been told that they have "expedited" this for me and that I would get a call within 48 hours. I did not get a call. I called again to only be told another 5 days. Today is July 9, 2018. Not a single Tech has been sent to even look at the fridge. I asked LG to let me find someone to look at the fridge, let me pay for it and then LG can reimburse me. LG said that is not listed in their policy and they can not do that...

Original review: July 8, 2018

We purchased an LG fridge August 2015. June 18, 2018 our fridge was not cooling or making ice. Compressor and fans all seem to be running. I have called and emailed LG customer service every single day since today being July 8 2018. I have submitted proof or purchase from our Lowe’s Synchrony credit card I was able to obtain. Submitted email directly from Lowe's along with sticker on back of fridge. LG states this is not appropriate documentation and they have provided me numbers for service repairmen.

Since reading everyone else review I have decided to just take this piece of crap unit to the dump and buy a unit that doesn’t cost $1,300. Because I am not paying a service repairman $600 Labor plus another $400 for a part that seems like will quit again in 2 more years. Don’t buy LG anything as their company sucks and they do not stand behind their products even though they stated compressor has a 10 year warranty. If you have one take it to the trash now and save you stress level. Thanks to this crappy product I’ve lost $400 in groceries and my newborn's breast milk supply.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I have had at least 6 service calls out for my LG Refrigerator model LSXS26326W.ASWCNAO. Had two computer boards changed. Had a new ice maker installed. My problem is the food in the freezer thaws out then may or may not freeze again. I have the freezer currently set at -4. Doesn't help. I am expecting my 7? service Monday. The refrigerator is 2.7 years old. Have had issues since the first year. Just keeps getting worse. I am considering contacting a local news channel to see if they can help. I bought the extended warranty, but what does it matter? It is still not working! I was told the lemon law would come into play after replacing the same item more than three times. So they can just keep doing the guessing game until the clock runs out on the warranty!!

I should not have to take the financial hit on a defective product. If anyone starts a class action suit post it! I feel like I am playing Russian Roulette every time I open the freezer. It is so stressful. Will today be the day I have to toss another freezer full of food away. Today was that day. When you call for service they don't seem to care about how stressful this is. I would be so happy if they repaired it right, but I think that ship has sailed. I want a new refrigerator or a credit to purchase a new one!! I am going to talk with an attorney next week. My warranty company is Asurion. My next purchase I will make sure it will never ever be an LG or buy an extended warranty with Asurion!!!! Btw I believe the lemon law should be after having the same problem "fixed" more than 3x. Monday will be the 4x.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Purchased refrigerator in 2012, LFX31925ST. Start with pros. Purchase for the large space and front features. I have purchased many of LG products. The customer service is ok, but they don't stand by their product... From day one I had an issue with the ice maker followed by the motor make noise. Not to mention the glide server drawer stopped sliding, it seems like the cheap plastic wheel broke off. Well they came out to service motor, but said ice maker was not part the warranty! They replaced the motor, but two years later the unit stopped cooling and freezing. Guess what?? The motor stopped. I called for the same issue. They any charge for service $400. I had the product for only 5 years and already is giving out like it's 20 years old. What makes it worst is they don't stand by their product. Don't be fooled by their 10-year warranty. It only covers parts, they will squeeze cost out of the service charge.

Original review: July 6, 2018

We purchased our LG refrigerator last November. The ice maker stopped working in March. We were scheduled for service two weeks later. The night before it was to be serviced the refrigerator stops working altogether. I call the service company to give them a heads up that more parts will be needed only to be informed that LG doesn't give the repair service parts until they've been out to analyze the problem. The service representative comes out and says it's the power circuit board and orders a new one that takes four weeks to receive; another week to arrange the service appointment. The service rep (Jeff a good guy) returns to installs the boards and tells us all is well. The ice maker worked for three days and then stopped. I call the repair shop and was told that service can't come back out because LG has closed the ticket; so I have to call LG again.

Jeff comes out to analyze the lingering problem to get the replacement part. We were told that the part is back ordered and expected delivery will be a month. Two months roll by without the delivery of the part. It is now July and the ice maker remains inoperable. While waiting for the part, in May we called the service shop to voice our concern about not having our functioning ice maker. The service shop told us that LG was likely going to replace or refund us for our refrigerator since the part is taking so long to arrive. We called LG and they said they needed a copy of our receipts for the refrigerator and they would send us a link to the LG service department. A couple of weeks later the service shop called and asked what was the status of the LGs replacement or refund on this ticket. I told the service shop I was still waiting for a link from LG to send receipts. She told me I should call LG again, which I did.

LG said I had given them the wrong email address (my email address is my first and last name so essentially they were telling me I didn't know how to spell my last name). When I questioned why they thought I couldn't spell my last name and asked them to take ownership of the error they hung up on me. I sent in the copies of my receipts. LG never got back to me (as I had been promised). I asked them today (about a month after they had received the receipts) what was happening in regards to my replacement or refund and they said that since the part should be in next week, a replacement or refund was rejected.

This action from LG is probably just a delaying tactic on their part. I've been hung up on about six times from their warranty service, usually after being on hold for over fifteen minutes just waiting for them to pick up after a transfer. They have promised me a call back on several occasions and I have yet to receive a call from them. Their product seems to be of low quality based on it failing within the first six months of operation. Their warranty service would have to improve several steps to make it up to pathetic. I strongly suggest buying from a different brand.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I purchased an LG refrigerator 2 years ago. I listened to the guy at Home Depot and took his recommendation. Two weeks ago my refrigerator stopped cooling. A few days later an LG certified repair guy showed up and right away said he had to order a part in order to complete the repair. One week after the refrigerator stopped working the LG repairman serviced the unit unsuccessfully and LG "executive department" was unwilling to give any sort of credit for the labor portion of the bill. 10 days after the refrigerator stopped working the same LG repairman came to service the fridge again. This time it started to get a little cooler, approx 52-degree, but never got lower than that. Yesterday, over two weeks into the refrigerator not working the repairman did a third service on the refrigerator. Today I woke up to a 70-degree temperature inside my refrigerator.

I contacted LG in hopes they would give me some sort of helpful resolution to this issue. The first guy I spoke with said after 3 unsuccessful repairs I might be eligible for compensation toward a new refrigerator. After 1 hour on the phone he transferred me to the "executive department" and the guy on the other end said no to a replacement, but that he'd schedule another service...NEXT WEEK. Three weeks without a working refrigerator, three unsuccessful service calls, hundreds of dollars spend on labor, hundreds of dollars spend on food that went bad, hundreds of dollars spent on meals out (that would have normally been lower cost meals made at home), and very rude "executive department".

Needless to say, I will NEVER purchase an LG product again. Not just because of the product, but because their customer service STINKS! They have zero accountability and once you hit the "executive department" they are trained to say NO and treat you like garbage. If you try and ask for someone more senior they tell you to write a letter to a PO box in Huntsville Alabama. In this day and age where groceries can be delivered in an hour, parts can be shipped overnight, there is no reason someone should go without a working essential item like a refrigerator.

Original review: July 3, 2018

In April 2015 I purchased an LG refrigerator model # LF S29766S from Bestbuy in Garden City, New York. On June 22, 2018 I noticed that everything in freezer was defrosted. Problem was reported to LG who referred me to Bestbuy who I had purchased 5 years warranty with. After waiting for nearly one week, serviceman assessed refrigerator and indicated that a new compressor was needed. After speaking to various people, I learned that there have been problems with LG refrigerators. If so many people are having problems, LG refrigerators should be banned.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I own an LG refrigerator that is less than one and a half years old. 3 weeks ago it stopped working. I called for service and was very dissatisfied with the availability of a qualified service rep. First I was given the names of six different qualified LG service companies. None would service my unit because I was not located in their service area. Then I was scheduled with a qualified LG company repairman. First I was given a service date of the next day or the day after that. When the serviceman did not arrive on the last date I was promised, I called back to find out he was sick and there was no other serviceman available. To my dismay my next available service date was five days later. I convinced the call taker to move my request up a day sooner. (No refrigeration).

The serviceman finally arrived on the promised date. He told me that he was the ONLY LG company repairman for my area and he had been working 14 days straight. He was not sick as I was told by the last call taker. His work order did NOT indicate that my unit was not working. It indicated that I had an insufficient cooling problem. I specifically told at least one call taker that my unit was NOT working. The repairman determined that either the compressor or the condenser was leaking thus requiring a complete change out of the cooling unit, which he did not have on his truck.

He ordered one to be shipped directly to my house overnight. To my surprise it came the next day (so far the only positive action that happened). He returned that afternoon and replaced the unit. He had some concern because the condensing unit was not properly sealed, but he installed it anyway. He told me that if I had any problems to message him directly, which I did because the freezer section was initially not get cold enough. I tried at least twice to get in touch with him. I never got a response!! The unit was also vibrating which I fixed myself. I only had two positive experiences with my service for the unit: 1. The replacement unit was indeed shipped overnight. 2. The service charge was waived because of the problems I experienced and the fact that my unit was only a year and half old.

I guess you could consider the knowledge and the extra effort the serviceman made as also positive. The unit corrected itself and is now apparently work correctly... I was very very dissatisfied with your call center, at one point I tried to talk to a supervisor to no avail, I would never purchase a LG product again because of my experience trying to get service of my unit!!!

Original review: July 2, 2018

I had purchased a Sears Kenmore Fridge model #795.74023.411 in August 2015. Sears had recently gone out of business here in Canada. This fridge had cost almost $3000.00 and was manufactured by LG. I had contacted LG who suggested a "LG certified" service person. Service person attended and I was told that the compressor was broken and that the cost to fix this fridge was $900.00. I had called LG several times and they keep telling me the same thing. "We are not covering this part under warranty because this is the agreement we had with Sears".

I had also tried escalating this within LG and each person I talk to "there's no point of escalating it further because they're going to tell you the same thing". I asked LG if it's normal for a $3000 fridge to only last 2 1/2 years and they stated it must be defective. Yet LG manufactured this defective fridge and they keep using the demise of Sears as an excuse to not cover this. I feel that the customer service and policies at LG are pathetic. I have now been without a fridge for almost 6 weeks as I cannot afford to pay $900 to fix this, nor do I feel I should have to. LG's customer service is pathetic and their products are garbage. Stay clear of LG.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have owned an LG refrigerator with a bottom freezer for the past eight years. Besides the beautiful design of my refrigerator, I don’t have many good things to say about LG as a company. As a matter of fact, as a free trade supporter, I would limit access of this company into the US market because it does not uphold US product and service standards. The internal organs my refrigerator, made out of plastic, began breaking in the first two years. Two years ago when my refrigerator stopped cooling just before a big holiday for each I had to cook for and store food, it took LG four days to send appropriate serviceman to take care of the problem.

The first repairman did not even have the appropriate equipment to fix the refrigerator and passed the buck on to someone else. When I called LG again and insisted on an LG certified repairman they had sent one. At that point I was out of warranty my refrigerator needed a new compressor which was installed two years ago in 2016, and for which I paid full price out of my own pocket.

Recently I’ve had a problem where my freezer is not working but the refrigerator is still cooling. When the question of replacing the two-year-old compressor with a new one came up, LG stated that it’s company‘s policy is that if a compressor has been replaced and the refrigerator is out of warranty, the standard manufacturer warranty for compressors which is typically for most appliances 5 to 10 years does not hold water any longer. When you call for service you have to threaten and move up the ladder to speak to a few supervisors before you can get an adequate service. I will never own any LG product again and I would gladly share this recommendation warmly with any person I know. Who needs you LG? Go back home and stay there!!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Here I find myself reporting ANOTHER problem with our LG refrigerator that cost almost $3000. It's the three door with the freezer door on the bottom and is supposed to be wonderful because it has a linear something or other. The freezer compressor lasted just over one year. The labor warranty had expired and the compressor was covered. It still cost me $450 for the repair. Now, about one year later, the freezer has stopped working two more times with all the frozen food thawing. Curiously, after the food thaws, the motor starts working again. This happened to me again today. Fortunately, I have an old reliable Kenmore backup in the garage. I think that LG does not deserve another customer. Expect problems from them if you dare buy one. They should definitely be OOB. OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: June 25, 2018

Bought the side by side April 1, 2015 and compressor is broken as of June 23, 2018 when I noticed water pooling and my ice cream soft. Purchased at Best Buy and they give you an extra yr warranty. The repairmen don’t work on Sundays and Mondays so I have to wait 4 days before my appt. Originally they wanted to schedule me for July 2 which is 1 1/2 wks away. My refrigerator is mildly cool and the freezer has stopped freezing. I paid extra for LG unit which advertised their quiet linear compressor. I am very dissatisfied that the unit broke in 3 yrs. That is ridiculous. I will make sure that I purchase extra warranty for I see more breakdowns in the future. Wished I would have purchased a Whirlpool which is Consumer Report's recommendation. A few of my friends have Whirlpool and no problems.

Updated on 06/26/2018: Had the repairman out. I thought it was the linear compressor but it turns out it's in the closed system where the freon is connected to the metal coils. He thinks there is a leak. It is only 3 yrs old. This should not be. Another appt has to be set up and a specialist will come to find the leak and put freon in. If they cant fix it, then I get a new refrigerator. This is Best Buy warranty. Today they don't come with a 5 yr warranty. I will also plan on buying extended warranty. Things aren't made like they used to when assembly people put it together. My old GE lasted 20 years. That was in the 70s. They purposely design them to break down after ** years.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Linear Compressors - My LG LSXS26326 came with my home when I purchased it. The fridge is less than 5 years old. In the year I've had it I've noticed intermittent cooling/ice production issues. If the temp got above 77 degrees in my house, the fridge would struggle to make ice or keep food cool. Then, on Memorial Day weekend, with family visiting, it finally died. I have a homeowner's warranty (fantastic investment) that covers all my appliances. Never had an issue on the couple of things I've had to call them on. This fridge is an exception. After a TWO WEEK long rigamarole between them and LG to determine a) If the fridge was under warranty. (It wasn't. I'm not the original purchaser, as I tried in vain to explain to all parties.) b) Who was going to pay for what (warranty company, all of it). The part is perpetually back ordered.

There are so many of these compressors that are failing, they cannot make them fast enough to replace the failed units. Even the replacements are failing within a couple days/weeks/months/years depending on your luck. Today is June 22, and I am, just today, getting my fridge fixed. This process has been an absolute nightmare. And I have a future failure to look forward to. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope this one holds out until I get taxes back next year and can replace it with a functional fridge. I will NEVER, EVER, buy anything LG again in my life. And be CAREFUL. These same compressors are used in Kenmore Elite fridges as well!

Original review: June 22, 2018

We purchased the LG French door refrigerator LFXS29626 in December 2016. After approximately 18 months of use, this virtually new refrigerator, stopped cooling and required a replacement compressor at a cost of $850. The technician doing the repair said that he is seeing many other “new” LGs with same problem. I can’t tell you how dissatisfied we are with this product and I hope there is a recall/reimbursements for the cost of repair. This is wrong!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchased our LG LFX28968ST French Door Fridge (SS) and spent over $2K to have the compressor stop working and we lost hundreds of dollars in food and condiments. I tried to call the authorized repair person in my area who they gave me and never received a callback. I guess I am lucky I have tile floors and did not have water damage like some people have experienced. So now that I have cleaned out my fridge I am sitting on hold with LG customer service for about 15 minutes already and they still do not have any answers. Telling me that someone will call me back in 24-48 hours, meanwhile I am sitting with an empty fridge and the closest store is 12 miles from our house to get ice (not to mention the time). So now they are sending me a form and said to send in my proof of purchase for the Fridge (which I have and will do) but they said they will extend the warranty to cover the parts and labor. Let's see if this is honored.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This expensive refrigerator (MODEL LFX25778ST) was one of the worst purchases ever! The ice maker - only makes about 20 ice cubes on a good day. The ice maker itself breaks after 2 years and then it costs a fortune to fix. May as well buy another fridge. The Customer Service from LG was even worse than the product itself. Truly a horrible experience. I would caution anyone from buying LG. I have had to make several large purchases since this fridge and vowed to never buy LG again. I will never and will encourage anyone I know and influence to not buy LG. Not normally this type of person but when the consumer is being taken advantage of by such a big corporation it's time to stop supporting that corporation.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It's worst company ever. Worst service. Bunch of thieves okay. Lazy. I spend 8000 on appliance from LG in my refrigerator. After year went done so I call customer service. They charge me a 125 and when he got here he said he need the cleaning and charge me $95 and they sent on the phone. The first half an hour the free. You guys a bunch of thieves okay. And I was checking all the reviews on the fridge you guys does that thing on purpose. All the first go down after a year. So I spend $240 just for freaking 15 minutes clean. You guys got told me on the phone to clean the stupid fridge. Now I got to wait and see if he's going to work or not and you guys told me I validate my warranty because vent not clean.

How about to give you my 8000 come pick up your freaking 6 appliance. A bunch of thieves. I'm going to report you the business bureau. Where is the 10 years warranty. You guys have stickers all over your appliance. 10 years. 1 to 10 years went to what is it. Bunch of scams. I don't know what do with 1 year old refrigerators. Cost me so much.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased an LG French-door refrigerator in November, 2010, from Home Depot for $1198. Earlier this week I came home to puddles of water in my kitchen as the refrigerator compressor died resulting in my losing about a couple hundred dollars-worth of food. I called LG customer service, gave my model number and was told by their representative that the compressor was under warranty and I would only have to pay for labor. I was then provided with the numbers of two LG approved repair services.

I had one service come out today and charge me $95 to confirm it is the compressor that no longer works, and let me know that labor cost to repair would be $650. That is pretty high so I called LG customer service again because my friend had the same thing happen to her LG refrigerator 3 weeks ago (what a coincidence) and it cost her $250 in labor, a big difference from $450. Turns out LG can send out one of their repair technicians who can do the repair for a total of $375. I do not know why this wasn't offered from the beginning and why I was directed to an independent repair service that costs almost double, but that is a sub-issue.

What was truly upsetting was that it was at this time that the customer service representative told me that my refrigerator is actually not under warranty and that I would have to pay for parts and labor. If I had been told this from the beginning then I would have not have had the repair person come out and waste $95. I would have just gone directly to buying a new refrigerator, which is what I am left to do now because the cost of labor and parts will be near $1,000.

So in sum, I spent nearly $1,200 on an LG refrigerator to last me less than 8 years and, to add insult to injury, I then spent an additional $95 for a repair call on the bad information provided by the LG customer service center. I asked LG if they would reimburse me for this and they refused. What makes the whole situation even worse is that I see that there was a class action lawsuit over the LG compressor failures, so this is a known issue to LG. Obviously LG is not standing behind its products and its customer service is sub-par. I will not be purchasing LG items ever again and this includes not only appliances but also mobile devices, televisions, audio and computers. I wanted to share this by sharing this experience so others can avoid similar losses.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs