2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop on Appliances Connection
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.95/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

BOTTOM LINE

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

PROS

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

CONS

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews We Found

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last while keeping their word on the productivity of these products and much much more...

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has triple doors. A double at the top and a single at the bottom. It has LED display and is a beautiful color. There is noth

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have a now ten-year old LMX25964 ST Refrigerator made by LG. It is a French door version with two pullout freezers underneath. It has worked flawlessly with one exception. The hinge wore out on the right side. There's just a piece of Delrin plastic that rides on the hinge. I started seeing powder from the metal grinding for like two years before I realized what was going on. Maybe I put too much weight on that door. I now store the milk on the solid shelf off the door. It cost me about an hour looking at YouTube to figure out how to fix it and around $20 in parts.

The fix process went surprisingly well. I had predicted a disaster. Door came off easily as did the old hinge. I draped a towel in front while the power was off to retain the cool. In the old days we used to put the old fridge out in the garage after the remodel where it cooled beer for 20 more years. Those days are gone. I have a LG washer dryer combo that was very high end at the time of purchase. They have performed perfectly for ten years now. My LG dishwasher went bad two months after the warranty ran out. I took it apart, took one look and put it back together. Whatever I did it must have reset the circuit board or something. Works fine now.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I bought my LG fridge in 2017 and my wife and I woke up to the dreaded compressor failure on it this Sat morning. After reading the reviews on here we were prepared for a horrible experience and to have to go without a fridge/freezer for months with two young kiddos!! I was ready to swear off LG just as other reviewers on here, but here is the abbreviated details of what happened. * Called customer service on Sat. (Was nice to them when I called). * Was told there was an open time slot for this Monday (today) for tech to take a look. * My expectation based on reviews here was tech would show up; explain it would be a month for the part to come in and uff....

* Tech showed up today. Michael who works for LG direct service. He not only had a compressor on him to replace the default one but had all the tools to get it done today. He was very professional and and explained to me contrary to other reviews on here that LG has upgraded and improved their software and the compressors so hopefully this will not happen again. Only took him about 90min to get it all fixed as he knew his stuff! * Fridge is fixed and running only two days after I first called customer service on a weekend at no cost on labor or parts.

I don't write many reviews on anything but feel that this was deserving as I'm sure others had valid unpleasant experiences, but mine was a very positive one. If anyone else has this issues don't hit the panic button based on other's reviews. I don't know if it helped the cause but I was very calm and understanding when I called them to explain the problem as well. Products are going to have issues but I will judge a company based on how they deal with those problems and LG handled this very professional and I am very satisfied. Hopefully this repair holds up but if not if they deal with it the same way this one went they will retain me as a customer on future purchases. I do really like the fridge as well so 5 stars both for the fridge as well as the service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mike, Thank you for the response, if there are any issues and if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I’ve dealt with LG stuff through the years and the products that I’ve gotten seemed to work very well. Aside from TVs and others, being in the elevator business, I have bought and installed LG elevators, which were good quality products. We got an LG refrigerator and it works well. It keeps the food cool. And when it’s working right, it keeps the ice cream hard, and I like that. I was just having an issue with the food getting warm. Their technician came out within a day and a half and fixed it, but didn’t get it right on the first time.

When I told them it wasn’t working, they said they could come the following day, which was a Saturday. I was impressed that they came out even on a weekend. They took care of it early in the morning and got us up and running. So I was really happy. I had a big party planned and the technician got the refrigerator all fixed up before that. It started cooling down really well, and everything was fantastic. The technician was a nice gentleman, and very cooperative. He worked with us.

All-around, I was happy with the service that I got from LG. And I would be calling them again if I have any problems with the refrigerator. I’m happy that they have their own service department. A lot of times you get different companies that are servicing the product, and they gotta run to LG to get the parts. The guy we had here is directly connected with LG, so it’s part of their system. And I know, being in the business, that if you’re dealing with the in-house manufacturer, they have better availability of parts and technical support than a middleman. You get a couple of people down this chain, and now you gotta order the parts and it takes longer. But the guy we had was able to come with the parts and then he did the job, and that makes the difference. I would absolutely recommend them.

Hello Fred,

Original review: July 30, 2019

We bought everything LG in the kitchen. My in-laws have Samsung and they had a lot of problems with their refrigerator. We've had our LG refrigerator for four years now. I like the quality of it, but we've had it repaired eight times. And I thought, maybe after the fifth time, they would say, "Eh, it's a lemon." Maybe they'd give us a new one, but they didn't. So, that was probably 15 hours of my time that I had to stand on getting it fixed.

The first time, I called LG and they immediately had a guy over the next day, which is unheard of. That was outstanding service. He replaced something and then, exactly five days later, it was out again. And this continued for seven times but it's finally fixed now. There's nothing else to replace except for the shelf. Nowadays, it's very difficult to get water separate from the ice. You almost have to flip a switch, and I think LG's new ones are this way. You flip a switch to do water after you put ice in it. I like the feature of two different places.

I wish LG had better training on the repairmen. The last thing the repairman fixed was the condenser in the freezer. And I believe that was the problem the whole time. He would've saved LG a ton of money, and me as a customer a ton of time, by being able to diagnose it a little better instead of replacing every part on it. But I would definitely recommend LG. They always answered my call and they always tried. Their customer service is outstanding. The fridge had some problems, but in the end, they fixed it and made the situation right.

Hello Kevin,

Original review: July 22, 2019

I needed a dishwasher. LG had a whole set of stuff on sale and I thought it looked good. So I bought it all including the refrigerator and the washer. I also use LG phones, so I like their products. Within an hour after the service people left and delivered, I noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. We then had multiple appointments. The guy came out twice and he didn’t have what he needed. Then we had more appointments that were cancelled. Finally, I had one that they cancelled and when I called the vendor that I had been dealing with, they told me that I had to refile my claim. I then got a hold of LG directly and I found out that the vendor had ordered in a wrong door and all this time, they never returned it, so LG never sent them a replacement. So the vendor kept scheduling an install and they expected me to have the door. The vendor was not knowledgeable at all.

It took about nine months to get the refrigerator done. But I love it. My favorite feature is that little extra door on it, but the shelving is not adjustable enough. I can’t get them on the height I would like them. And on the dishwasher, the settings are not made for American dishes. It’s small in the rack and certain spaces, and not as flexible as my older one was and it seems to not hold as many dishes, either.

Hello Clovia,

Thank you for notifying LG of the issues you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of the experience we want for our valued customers. We would be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 28, 2020

We purchased an LG French Door, bottom freezer and all the other LG matching products in advance of moving into our new home. Refrigerator, Double Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher and Microwave. This last Father's Day the refrigerator did a meltdown during the festivities. By the time dinner was over, so was the refrigeration abilities of a 2 year old $2500.00 appliance.

We had purchased a 5 year protection plan. We called the Home Depot with all the paperwork, account, model numbers in hand. After the typical automated system trying to get you to do everything on-line we were finally in contact with someone who pretended to be interested. After the painful research in order to verify our warranty, the finger was pointed at LG. During the transfer to LG and pushing all the buttons to get me to the right department, someone eventually picked up the phone and hung up on me. Back to the Home Depot warranty line, wading through their automated phone system and again on line with a human who gave me more information that was neither warranted or needed, told me that LG would have it fixed in 24-48 hours. I was happy for the moment.

Finally, again through the automated System and long wait “because of the virus” I got to speak to someone who again had to verify the existence of our warranty. Oh boy, this is how I wanted to spend my life! I explained, the purchase, warranty, model number, code inside the door, yes it was plugged in, yes the light came on, yes the ice maker had no ice, no there was no cold air when I opened the doors and no the water dispenser was not providing cold water. Yes it was really broken.

Three days later, an appliance center 50 miles away called in a very non-English speaking voice called me to confirm that I “had a refrigerator LG that is not working and can be repaired” Yes she did say “refrigerator LG”, if I set an appointment and paid for the repair at the time of service and would have to call LG for reimbursement after the repair. This offer and the person didn’t sound like a viable and credible situation. I asked if they were following up on my Home Depot Claim... no answer.

I called Home Depot, went through the automated system again and they said to stay away from this offer and wait for LG To call. And they were so interested, they assigned a “case manager” to my claim, oh boy. My “case manager” called, we went through the whole story, again, and she assured us that she was “on the case”.

Two days passed, the mysterious appliance repair shop left an automation voice mail, “We can fix your refrigerator if you call us and authorize us to order the parts. The parts will take about a week to arrive. We can then set up a service appointment”. We called our “case manager” went though another automated system asking us if we would rather find what we wanted “on-line” waited and finally got a real person. Asked for Ashley to which we got silence and “do you know what department she’s in?”

More time another explanation of the story and then finally Ashley’s phone rang, and rang and rang and then Ashley’s electronic explanation of how to use the Internet to get answers and how to leave a message for her and she would call right back. She did, seven hours later. She then came to the realization that we had lost all of our food, drinks, and no refrigerator at all! For the last six days.

It’s Friday night, but before she goes home for the weekend she’s going to “send an email to our local Home Depot to see if they can let us borrow a refrigerator on Monday” Assuming that we can easily do without a refrigerator til then. I asked if this week long period was typical of the wait for service? She said “unfortunately this isn’t very long at all, it may take weeks”. Tomorrow, Sunday, will mark the seventh day of eating out, buying bags of ice for the milk and juices and regretting we were so naive to spend more money on a warranty, and NOT to go through the product reviews posted by others.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dan. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: June 27, 2020

After considerable review, we (in hindsight, unfortunately) purchased a Suite of LG products last year (2019), the FRENCH DOOR LFXC22526S being the refrigerator leg of it. From the day we literally plugged it in, it has been, and continues to be, a disappointment. For a company with a footprint of LG, we're appalled at both their lack of engineering and Customer Support.

Our issue became noticeable day 1 when the appliance was not cooling properly. The first indicator was the milk, (which was stored on the refrigerator door rack to accommodate a gallon size, was WARM. My wife proceeded to purchase a thermostat to monitor the temperatures within the cavity of the unit. For the limited cubic space it has, the temperatures varied considerably. We proceeded to contact Customer Service, and for a unit "right out of the box", we immediately encountered additional challenges.

1- Our first contact was with a Customer Service Representative in the Philippines who spoke Very broken (if any) English. (Follow up calls were just a bad.) For such global company you would expect them to have better matched resources to offer its customers. 2- To have a Technician visit the situation, they would potentially charge a $50 Service Call. (Again, the unit is not even a week old. That policy took some arm wrestling, but it led to being waived.)

3- Fast forward, a Technician did arrive at the house to physically and wirelessly confirm the settings. "NO PROBLEM". At this juncture, my wife was getting a bit perturbed and stated a temperature measuring 40 degrees "is not only a problem, it's a health hazard". The Technician's solution was to recommend we rearrange the contents where items as mustard, pickles, salad dressings, butter.... should only be on the door racks. Items as milk, even though the door has a rack to accommodate a gallon container, should go on a shelf. (It's noteworthy to mention; we've stored milk on the refrigerator door for the last 40 years with no temperature problems!) When we proceeded to challenge that rationale, his final cure all was the "straw that broke the camel's back"... "we just haven't adapted to it yet". Those remedies are very shallow for a unit that costs ~$2,000 with supposedly "state of the art engineering".

We can't fathom how a major entity as LG can be so deficient in some basic engineering features compounded further by their shallow offerings for customer satisfaction. We did not proceed with the Extended Warranty they offered primarily due to its cost. Layered on top of that, the manner they addressed the above circumstance further discouraged us as I have strong reason to believe we would likely get the same run with any service calls. That, and reading other reviews, causes me to proceed ahead with fingers crossed on both hands. For their sake, I hope LG reviews these posted complaints as they are legitimate issues they should take some ownership of. I (and others) will have serious second thoughts about purchasing ANY of their products with an LG name plate.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mike. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 27, 2020

We purchased a LG 3 door fridge with ice and water two years ago. Did some updating in the kitchen and decided it would be nice to have one last new one... The one we replaced it with was a 25+ year old side by side GE... Still worked fine, never did a repair to it, but this LG was so pretty.. All electronic computerized.. Almost two years to the day we got it, it has died taking everything stored in it with it? This is so disheartening for retired people that just want one last nice thing in their lives... I bought a new LG washer and Dryer, and a new 70 inch LG tv... Praying these don’t go out like the fridge! Be cautious about buying an LG!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dianne P. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: June 26, 2020

I have LG refrigerator LFC21776ST for less than 8 years. Suddenly both the freezer and refrigerator sections stopped cooling. I called LG for assistance with service. They provided a list of local LG authorized service providers (not an LG technician). I selected one, Advance Solutions of NY who sent a technician to diagnose for $108. After identifying the problem to be the compressor, the problem was passed back to LG who scheduled the only tech in my area to come a week later. The tech scheduled between 8-2, arrived at 2pm and performed the replacement of the compressor. I was given a bill over $600, which included the cost of the compressor part. I informed the tech that this part was covered by the 10 warranty (my refrigerator is less than 8 years old).

After calling whoever he had to call, the discrepancy was resolved. I paid the bill and was told to wait 24 hours for the unit to completely cool. 24 hours later and neither the refrigerator nor freezer are adequately cooled. I called LG and was told the tech would not be available over the weekend or Monday and that someone would contact me in 1 or 2 business days to discuss scheduling. What?? I asked to speak with Executive Services Dept and was put on hold of 1.5 hours. Finally someone spoke with me but had little more to offer. The tech was texted and will hopefully contact me. When, I don’t know. All my food has spoiled. I still don’t have a working refrigerator and have no idea when the issue will be resolved. Not a happy camper. Life is not good at the moment.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mickey. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 26, 2020

My first unit came with a manufacturing defect where the housing unit inside the fridge housing. The styrofoam kept coming apart and wouldn't stay put. LG and Lowe's recommended that I just exchange it for a new product. Besides that one manufacturing defect, the unit worked fine; it was quiet and efficient. Now, after a week the second and replacement unit was delivered. Oh boy, LG has some major issues they need to fix. First, the unit comes without one shelf on the freezer side. This was remedied by them saying they would send one out to us. Second, this fridge is much louder than the first unit we received. It makes a constant humming noise, which is quiet and we wouldn't have thought much of it, but we had experiences with our first defective unit to compare it to. Here's the kicker though. Occasionally, the fridge will start rattling. It's not too abhorrent, but when we open the fridge, the shelves will make a vibrating noise that gets amplified.

I contacted LG support again to ask how to remedy this because we weren't sure if it was a leveling issue or something else. The agent that I was connected to just tells me to unplug it and plug it back in, and adds that if it isn't resolved we would need service for a fridge that we had just received. To top it all off, the serial number matches a fridge that was made in April 2020. How terrible does your quality control procedure have to be for this to happen? I'm 0/2 in receiving a brand new perfect product. I went with LG because people said they improved (partially because of my Korean bias), but man stay away. Currently debating if I should ask Lowe's to replace the unit or if I should go with a completely different refrigerator. Terrible. Just terrible.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kenneth. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information