3.18/5
Based on 2,304 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

LG Refrigerators Gallery (3)
View More View More

LG Refrigerators Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I bought my LG fridge in 2017 and my wife and I woke up to the dreaded compressor failure on it this Sat morning. After reading the reviews on here we were prepared for a horrible experience and to have to go without a fridge/freezer for months with two young kiddos!! I was ready to swear off LG just as other reviewers on here, but here is the abbreviated details of what happened. * Called customer service on Sat. (Was nice to them when I called). * Was told there was an open time slot for this Monday (today) for tech to take a look. * My expectation based on reviews here was tech would show up; explain it would be a month for the part to come in and uff....

* Tech showed up today. Michael who works for LG direct service. He not only had a compressor on him to replace the default one but had all the tools to get it done today. He was very professional and and explained to me contrary to other reviews on here that LG has upgraded and improved their software and the compressors so hopefully this will not happen again. Only took him about 90min to get it all fixed as he knew his stuff! * Fridge is fixed and running only two days after I first called customer service on a weekend at no cost on labor or parts.

I don't write many reviews on anything but feel that this was deserving as I'm sure others had valid unpleasant experiences, but mine was a very positive one. If anyone else has this issues don't hit the panic button based on other's reviews. I don't know if it helped the cause but I was very calm and understanding when I called them to explain the problem as well. Products are going to have issues but I will judge a company based on how they deal with those problems and LG handled this very professional and I am very satisfied. Hopefully this repair holds up but if not if they deal with it the same way this one went they will retain me as a customer on future purchases. I do really like the fridge as well so 5 stars both for the fridge as well as the service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mike, Thank you for the response, if there are any issues and if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I’ve dealt with LG stuff through the years and the products that I’ve gotten seemed to work very well. Aside from TVs and others, being in the elevator business, I have bought and installed LG elevators, which were good quality products. We got an LG refrigerator and it works well. It keeps the food cool. And when it’s working right, it keeps the ice cream hard, and I like that. I was just having an issue with the food getting warm. Their technician came out within a day and a half and fixed it, but didn’t get it right on the first time.

When I told them it wasn’t working, they said they could come the following day, which was a Saturday. I was impressed that they came out even on a weekend. They took care of it early in the morning and got us up and running. So I was really happy. I had a big party planned and the technician got the refrigerator all fixed up before that. It started cooling down really well, and everything was fantastic. The technician was a nice gentleman, and very cooperative. He worked with us.

All-around, I was happy with the service that I got from LG. And I would be calling them again if I have any problems with the refrigerator. I’m happy that they have their own service department. A lot of times you get different companies that are servicing the product, and they gotta run to LG to get the parts. The guy we had here is directly connected with LG, so it’s part of their system. And I know, being in the business, that if you’re dealing with the in-house manufacturer, they have better availability of parts and technical support than a middleman. You get a couple of people down this chain, and now you gotta order the parts and it takes longer. But the guy we had was able to come with the parts and then he did the job, and that makes the difference. I would absolutely recommend them.

Hello Fred,

Original review: July 30, 2019

We bought everything LG in the kitchen. My in-laws have Samsung and they had a lot of problems with their refrigerator. We've had our LG refrigerator for four years now. I like the quality of it, but we've had it repaired eight times. And I thought, maybe after the fifth time, they would say, "Eh, it's a lemon." Maybe they'd give us a new one, but they didn't. So, that was probably 15 hours of my time that I had to stand on getting it fixed.

The first time, I called LG and they immediately had a guy over the next day, which is unheard of. That was outstanding service. He replaced something and then, exactly five days later, it was out again. And this continued for seven times but it's finally fixed now. There's nothing else to replace except for the shelf. Nowadays, it's very difficult to get water separate from the ice. You almost have to flip a switch, and I think LG's new ones are this way. You flip a switch to do water after you put ice in it. I like the feature of two different places.

I wish LG had better training on the repairmen. The last thing the repairman fixed was the condenser in the freezer. And I believe that was the problem the whole time. He would've saved LG a ton of money, and me as a customer a ton of time, by being able to diagnose it a little better instead of replacing every part on it. But I would definitely recommend LG. They always answered my call and they always tried. Their customer service is outstanding. The fridge had some problems, but in the end, they fixed it and made the situation right.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I needed a dishwasher. LG had a whole set of stuff on sale and I thought it looked good. So I bought it all including the refrigerator and the washer. I also use LG phones, so I like their products. Within an hour after the service people left and delivered, I noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. We then had multiple appointments. The guy came out twice and he didn’t have what he needed. Then we had more appointments that were cancelled. Finally, I had one that they cancelled and when I called the vendor that I had been dealing with, they told me that I had to refile my claim. I then got a hold of LG directly and I found out that the vendor had ordered in a wrong door and all this time, they never returned it, so LG never sent them a replacement. So the vendor kept scheduling an install and they expected me to have the door. The vendor was not knowledgeable at all.

It took about nine months to get the refrigerator done. But I love it. My favorite feature is that little extra door on it, but the shelving is not adjustable enough. I can’t get them on the height I would like them. And on the dishwasher, the settings are not made for American dishes. It’s small in the rack and certain spaces, and not as flexible as my older one was and it seems to not hold as many dishes, either.

Hello Clovia,

Thank you for notifying LG of the issues you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of the experience we want for our valued customers. We would be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve known about LG Refrigerators for a long time and I liked its design. I was so excited to find it. I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I like the adjustable shelf although I wish there are more shelves that are more adjustable. Also, I can have shelves on either side of the refrigerator at different heights. I wanted a single-door refrigerator and it's a double-door but it’s alright. It looks nice and it’s fine. However, I’m not happy that my freezer keeps frosting up.

It took five or six calls to get someone to come out and look at the freezer when it was frosting up. So, it took several weeks. If I was working, I probably wouldn’t have been able to stay on top of that and now, I have the problem again. I bought another refrigerator because mine was frosting so much and I couldn’t keep anything in there frozen. Now, I’m getting a space problem. I’ve had it a few months. The motor seems to be working fine and the refrigerator seems to be keeping the right temperature but there’s something wrong with the seal on the freezer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Purchased LG Model LFXS29626B because of good reviews and it had features we desired like 2 ice makers. Worked fine for 3 years then stopped without any signs of problems. Research discovered common failures of the compressors in these LG refrigerators. Contacted LG by phone and using Smart Diagnosis was informed by the technician that the compressor had failed. My worse fear with no extended warranty. LG offered to repair my unit without cost to me. It was repaired the same day, in short time as the repairman came with required parts on hand. I applaud LG for owning this problem, but feel cautious wondering if the new compressor will fail after a short time period. We hope not because up to this point, it has served us well and we like the looks, and features. Previous refrigerator was a Kenmore, which lasted 16 years and cost one fourth of the LG.

Hello Franklin,

Your concern is totally understandable and I would like to assist you for your inconvenience. In a private message, can you share with me how your refrigerator is doing after the repair and any other concerns you may have?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The LG customer service is by far the worst that I have come across and I have worked in sales for god sake! The refrigerator we have had has broken about 4 times in the last two months with the repair people only being able to come in two weeks after the incident and saying that they can't replace the compressor until they have someone else come in and review the situation a week later making the first house visit a complete waste of time and not even necessary in the first place. On top of this upon calling the company themselves you will put you on hold for up to four hours while you hear the staff laughing in the back because they didn't even mute your end of the line properly with them telling you that there's not point in transferring the call to speak to someone else because they know what they are going to tell you already and this is coming from the staff themselves.

Their products do not work properly as advertised so while the fridge won't give you any indicator that says that the temperatures are not adequate enough to store the food or cool it properly causes many health concerns that the staff did not seem to care about one bit. Due to the inability for this company to have some sense of product quality control I got very severe food poisoning to which I have a doctors note for and was told that I was lucky that it didn't result in death if I had eaten enough but unfortunately we don't all get so lucky.

A couple of days ago we had to put my cat down due to sicknesses she received from her food not being cooled to the proper temperature and suffered greatly to the point she threw up so much bile that her insides became so inflamed that it made her unable to walk or even put pressure on herself to which I again have a Veterinarians note for and the staff not thinking it is a big deal because apparently it was just a cat and not a human even though I could have suffered the same fate as her to which they probably would not have blinked an eye too. After being put on hold and trying to solve this for the fourth time I was told someone would come in today that was sent by the company (11/29/2019) to which no one has came and they are not responding to my calls further proving that you will get the runaround.

After all that's happened I just wanted to have a good thanksgiving or would have even settled for a thanksgiving at all but the food has been spoiled for almost three weeks now with my family being unable to refrigerate anything and still having to wait for a second review from the company themselves on the 6th which makes you question why the first person came in to look at the fridge in the first place. I was frustrated before not being able to eat properly but after four hours on hold and the head of their technology department saying that someone would be here today I had thought the problem was closer to getting fixed but i'm guessing that the no show for the promise that someone would come in today and the fact that they are not responding is their way of telling me that they don't really care and just said anything they could to get me off the phone.

These products are not only unreliable but also unsafe and if you have a family or little kids should take into account that you are putting their lives at risk by using their products as well as your own with you being lucky if they take any accountability or even respond to your calls to do so. All in all I am not mad but just incredibly disappointed as I sit here waiting on the same problem to be fixed and not being able to feel the fur of my cat/hear her little footsteps around the house anymore as I am constantly reminded of it by the death trap that sits in my kitchen.

If this can happen to me I am sure that it can and probably has happened to someone else and since I see that there are responses from the company on this website, I would also like the same with the hopes that this problem will be resolved because everyday that I wait is resulting in further irritation and if not responded to am prepared to take more extreme measures considering the loss of life that has occurred and negligence of this company/their staff. Also on a further note, keeping your customers on hold and then not even muting them properly while you take the time to joke and laugh about the loss of their pet is very unprofessional and needless to say not the way to do business especially if you don't know how to properly mute them so that they at least can't hear you while you mock them because they deserve that much at least.

I will be awaiting a response on this matter and will reply with the best way to contact me/whatever information is needed to resolve this issue that has gone on longer than it should have and am hoping that you take into consideration how this could and probably has been affecting the others that trusted you enough to use your products/expose their families and loved ones to them. Thank you.

Hello Ramsey,

Just checking in. At your earliest convenience can you send me your information so that I can expedite a resolution for you?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Purchased the LG refrigerator in Oct 2017, after I fell in love with the features and design. I ignored the negative reviews about ongoing condenser problems and failures and hoped that I was purchasing a product that would last for years. Unfortunately, it didn't and the fridge stopped cooling two years and one week after purchase. With relatives temporarily living in and all my food at room temperature, I had no time for repairs and had to purchase a new brand. It's really a frustration that I now own a $2000+ box that sits on my porch, as I really expected a much more reliable product from your company.

Hello Brenda,

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. My fridge is 3 years old and the compressor had already failed. This is a common issue (that affects almost all units) that LG and technicians have accepted responsibly for. However what they fail to tell you is that after spending $2500+ on a new fridge, they will not offer assistance. Upon calling customer service, they even went as far as lying to me, by telling me that the product only had a 1 year warranty. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A MORE RELIABLE Product that will last you more than the years.

Hello Jim,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

The refrigerator stopped cooling 1 week ago. The LG repair person has been out multiple times, tested everything (even consulted with LG), finally replaced coils suspecting there was a blockage, still not cooling and it is Thanksgiving tomorrow. The compressor was replaced under warranty within the 1st year. We've had refrigerators last 20+ years with no repairs, this is ridiculous. So the repair guy got paid yesterday, was supposed to call today, have heard nothing and his "mailbox is full". We have family visiting and no refrigerator. Been living out of a cooler for the past week.

Disappointed that this refrigerator has turned out to be such a piece of excrement. We bought it because LG had a good reputation. Apparently they've cut huge corners on quality and are following the "planned obsolescence" that is becoming common practice so you are forced to buy appliances more often, whether you can afford it or not. And getting more business for their repair people....

Hello Cinthia,

We hate to see that you are experiencing an issue with your refrigerator and have not heard from the technician. We would like to assist you on expediting a resolution for you. In a private message can you send me your phone number, model and serial number so that I can explore all options for you?

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs