3.27/5
Based on 1,889 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

LG Refrigerators Gallery (3)
View More View More

2929 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I’ve dealt with LG stuff through the years and the products that I’ve gotten seemed to work very well. Aside from TVs and others, being in the elevator business, I have bought and installed LG elevators, which were good quality products. We got an LG refrigerator and it works well. It keeps the food cool. And when it’s working right, it keeps the ice cream hard, and I like that. I was just having an issue with the food getting warm. Their technician came out within a day and a half and fixed it, but didn’t get it right on the first time.

When I told them it wasn’t working, they said they could come the following day, which was a Saturday. I was impressed that they came out even on a weekend. They took care of it early in the morning and got us up and running. So I was really happy. I had a big party planned and the technician got the refrigerator all fixed up before that. It started cooling down really well, and everything was fantastic. The technician was a nice gentleman, and very cooperative. He worked with us.

All-around, I was happy with the service that I got from LG. And I would be calling them again if I have any problems with the refrigerator. I’m happy that they have their own service department. A lot of times you get different companies that are servicing the product, and they gotta run to LG to get the parts. The guy we had here is directly connected with LG, so it’s part of their system. And I know, being in the business, that if you’re dealing with the in-house manufacturer, they have better availability of parts and technical support than a middleman. You get a couple of people down this chain, and now you gotta order the parts and it takes longer. But the guy we had was able to come with the parts and then he did the job, and that makes the difference. I would absolutely recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We bought everything LG in the kitchen. My in-laws have Samsung and they had a lot of problems with their refrigerator. We've had our LG refrigerator for four years now. I like the quality of it, but we've had it repaired eight times. And I thought, maybe after the fifth time, they would say, "Eh, it's a lemon." Maybe they'd give us a new one, but they didn't. So, that was probably 15 hours of my time that I had to stand on getting it fixed.

The first time, I called LG and they immediately had a guy over the next day, which is unheard of. That was outstanding service. He replaced something and then, exactly five days later, it was out again. And this continued for seven times but it's finally fixed now. There's nothing else to replace except for the shelf. Nowadays, it's very difficult to get water separate from the ice. You almost have to flip a switch, and I think LG's new ones are this way. You flip a switch to do water after you put ice in it. I like the feature of two different places.

I wish LG had better training on the repairmen. The last thing the repairman fixed was the condenser in the freezer. And I believe that was the problem the whole time. He would've saved LG a ton of money, and me as a customer a ton of time, by being able to diagnose it a little better instead of replacing every part on it. But I would definitely recommend LG. They always answered my call and they always tried. Their customer service is outstanding. The fridge had some problems, but in the end, they fixed it and made the situation right.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I needed a dishwasher. LG had a whole set of stuff on sale and I thought it looked good. So I bought it all including the refrigerator and the washer. I also use LG phones, so I like their products. Within an hour after the service people left and delivered, I noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. We then had multiple appointments. The guy came out twice and he didn’t have what he needed. Then we had more appointments that were cancelled. Finally, I had one that they cancelled and when I called the vendor that I had been dealing with, they told me that I had to refile my claim. I then got a hold of LG directly and I found out that the vendor had ordered in a wrong door and all this time, they never returned it, so LG never sent them a replacement. So the vendor kept scheduling an install and they expected me to have the door. The vendor was not knowledgeable at all.

It took about nine months to get the refrigerator done. But I love it. My favorite feature is that little extra door on it, but the shelving is not adjustable enough. I can’t get them on the height I would like them. And on the dishwasher, the settings are not made for American dishes. It’s small in the rack and certain spaces, and not as flexible as my older one was and it seems to not hold as many dishes, either.

Hello Clovia,

Thank you for notifying LG of the issues you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of the experience we want for our valued customers. We would be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

Original review: July 16, 2019

I was happy with the young man that repaired our refrigerator. He was professional and completed his work within a timely manner. I was disappointed in LG for not trusting me, I told the lady the compressor was not running. The fan and lights were working, just not the compressor. The temperature in the refrigerator was 65 degrees plus. I also told her I had heard the compressor running loud a few days before and now nothing. If the lady at LG had trusted me, the part could have been ordered and here or with repairman when he arrived here the first time and I could have my refrigerator repaired and running a week earlier.

I am all not happy that repairs had to be done within the first few years of owning it. I understand that this is a regular occurrence on refrigerators now. Disappointed in the integration of the companies putting in place planned obsolescence. I have a 25 year old refrigerator that is still running and has never had repairs done to it. The big profits for the companies, is not good for the consumers or the landfills. I am thankful for the warranty that did cover the parts and the lady at LG for covering the labor repairs. I am just sorry that I have to be without my refrigerator for a extended period of time.

Hello Edith,

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve known about LG Refrigerators for a long time and I liked its design. I was so excited to find it. I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I like the adjustable shelf although I wish there are more shelves that are more adjustable. Also, I can have shelves on either side of the refrigerator at different heights. I wanted a single-door refrigerator and it's a double-door but it’s alright. It looks nice and it’s fine. However, I’m not happy that my freezer keeps frosting up.

It took five or six calls to get someone to come out and look at the freezer when it was frosting up. So, it took several weeks. If I was working, I probably wouldn’t have been able to stay on top of that and now, I have the problem again. I bought another refrigerator because mine was frosting so much and I couldn’t keep anything in there frozen. Now, I’m getting a space problem. I’ve had it a few months. The motor seems to be working fine and the refrigerator seems to be keeping the right temperature but there’s something wrong with the seal on the freezer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

When we decided to buy an LG refrigerator, we considered the options they had and the style. We looked at other brands before we decided on this one too. Anyway, I like the French door, however we're not very happy with the appliance because it's only been three years and it's not cooling. There was something going on about the compressor having problems with this particular model that we bought, but the problem we had was a leak on the evap. coil. We called LG directly and they sent someone out to fix it, which is good. The contractor was good and they fixed the problem.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I liked my LG refrigerator when I bought it about three years ago, but its compressor went out, and I wasn't very happy with it a few weeks ago. I love the refrigerator, the way it operates as well as the shelving, and it's easy to take care of. But then I noticed my freezer things were getting a little mushy soft in the freezer. A few days later, my son came over and we went through the directions on how to restart it. You pull the plug and let it rest, which we did, and we adjusted some other things. But when I got up the next morning, my whole kitchen floor was full of water. So, he said the compressor went out on it. LG then came out here and put a new compressor in. They also sent me a check for the food that I lost, which I did lose a lot. I appreciate that I didn't have to put any money out, but it was very frustrating. A refrigerator should last longer than three years.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had heard that LG products were reliable and we considered that when we bought our black stainless fridge and we’re really happy with that color. We used that for the other appliances that we have so it’s kind of a styling issue for us.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

We were at ABC Warehouse and they had a good sale going. We needed a refrigerator and got one. We had our LG refrigerator for a couple of years but I can't believe they would build something that turns out to be unrepairable for something as simple as an ice maker. You gotta turn it in and can't repair it. It had something to do on the inside of the refrigerator that was causing the ice maker not to work, and you couldn’t get to it as it was sealed.

I don’t have the LG refrigerator any longer. People came and got it and we're waiting for a check. It has been a month and a half, then I called this morning and the check is going out on Monday. We paid 1,500 for it and we're getting 1,200 back. Somebody has to deal with that program. They made a unit like that to where if it doesn’t work, they gotta replace it then send out a check for $1,200. That’s not too good of a way to run a business. If they keep something that works, we would have stuck it out if it was something as simple as replacing an ice maker. Excluding the ice maker, we loved the LG refrigerator. It was great.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We had an LG washer and dryer and when we were shopping, we liked the brand. I like the refrigerators space, and the reflector under the French doors. But we had to have the compressor replaced twice in like three and a half years. The refrigerator seems to be okay now though. The tech said that when I got the first one replaced, they haven’t actually solved the issue with the compressor yet. He said that now, it has been updated and it should be fine.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs