2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5
Based on 2,483 ratings submitted in the last year

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

BOTTOM LINE

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

PROS
  • Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options
CONS
  • Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last while keeping their word on the productivity of these products and much much more...

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has triple doors. A double at the top and a single at the bottom. It has LED display and is a beautiful color. There is noth

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
    • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
    • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
    • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
    • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
    • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
    Top freezer$899 - $1,499
    Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
    Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
    French door$1,221 - $2,849
    Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
    Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
    LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
    Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
    Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
    How do I claim my LG warranty?
    Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
    How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
    LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
    How do I contact LG support?
    You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

LG 36" stainless steel French door with internal cold water dispenser, 2 lower pullout drawers, one with an ice dispenser. Well built and reasonably priced. Quiet and roomy. Good lighting inside. Plastic drawers inside could be a little sturdier.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I do love the French door refrigerator with the exterior water and ice dispenser. I did have difficulty with the exterior coating (called black stainless steel, which it is not) chipping off and had to fight tooth and nail to get anything done because they called it a cosmetic issue. I was not. It kept flaking. It was a defect in the coating. The refrigerator itself has been easy to clean, has multiple shelf options, and I love the wide drawer at the bottom. The freezer also has a top drawer to keep all those smaller things that can get lost in the bottom of a freezer. Also space enough for me to separate my meat from everything else, so I can see quickly what I need to replenish. The ice maker is great! Options to make extra if you're having guests is a great feature and you can switch from cube to crushed.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Patricia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

After just over two years, both refrigerator & freezer stopped cooling. Our utility company provides 'Appliance Protection' service, however, after waiting a month, the technician informed me that it is the compressor. When we purchased dry ice to save our frozen foods, I told the merchant about my problem. He told me at least a dozen people with LG or Samsung refrigerators had the same problem. The problem seems to be a common issue.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Peter. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Beautiful looking refrigerator! It is the first bottom freezer with upper french doors I have owned. I was very hopeful that the ice maker and water in the door would match my Kenmore. Almost. The ice cubes are a little smaller and don't last as long. It also connects to my phone and tells me if the power is off or the door is left open. I have never used this feature during the month I have owned the refrigerator. I was able to buy it on sale from Home Depot this summer and also use gift cards earned from my credit card. I am happy with the arrangement of the doors and shelves. The bottom drawer freezer allows for easier viewing and access. LG seems to be a great product thus far and I am happy with the purchase.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have a now ten-year old LMX25964 ST Refrigerator made by LG. It is a French door version with two pullout freezers underneath. It has worked flawlessly with one exception. The hinge wore out on the right side. There's just a piece of Delrin plastic that rides on the hinge. I started seeing powder from the metal grinding for like two years before I realized what was going on. Maybe I put too much weight on that door. I now store the milk on the solid shelf off the door. It cost me about an hour looking at YouTube to figure out how to fix it and around $20 in parts.

The fix process went surprisingly well. I had predicted a disaster. Door came off easily as did the old hinge. I draped a towel in front while the power was off to retain the cool. In the old days we used to put the old fridge out in the garage after the remodel where it cooled beer for 20 more years. Those days are gone. I have a LG washer dryer combo that was very high end at the time of purchase. They have performed perfectly for ten years now. My LG dishwasher went bad two months after the warranty ran out. I took it apart, took one look and put it back together. Whatever I did it must have reset the circuit board or something. Works fine now.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I purchased an LG French Door Refrigerator and it turned out to be a LEMON. I should have done my homework because after doing very little research I discovered these refrigerators have been breaking down for over 15 years and stores such as Home Depot and Best Buy continue to sell them. I have no idea why the government has not stepped in to take control of this problem. Not only are they selling defective refrigerators, but they make no effort to help you when the unit breaks down. I purchased mine (model LFXC24726S) in July of 2016. From day 1 there were issues. The problem is the refrigerator stops working and then starts again for no apparent reason (so you think maybe you left a door open or something). With mine the compressor just failed along with several other parts.

LG makes you wait weeks for a repair and then when they fix it and it still doesn't work, they make you wait several more weeks. Ultimately, you will be without a refrigerator for months and they do not care. They refuse to even provide a small loaner refrigerator while you are waiting for months for them to finally realize they can't fix it. Then there's the phone issue. You call for help and they put you on hold for an hour and then you get disconnected. They know your number, but do not call you back even if you request they do. There should be a law against this and there probably is, but nobody knows what to do about it. There was a class action lawsuit -which they lost- but they are still allowed to continue to sell these faulty units.

I am so frustrated. I certainly will never purchase ANYTHING with the name LG attached (do your homework, many companies such as Sears purchase from LG, but put their name on it). I want to get the word out because I don't want this to happen to any more people. I would like to see LG not only pay restitution, but lose their rights to sell in America. I will only buy American. These Asian companies are despicable. They have no sense of ethical behavior. So I will reiterate.... Do not buy any LG products. Don't let their good looks fool you. This company produces garbage! And you will never get reimbursed! I hope this helps others. I don't want anyone else spending $4000 on a refrigerator that may last a few years.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Three weeks without a refrigerator. Linear compressor stopped working. Had to throw out most of the food ($300 worth). Repairman is still waiting on the part to be released from LG. Horrible service. Will never buy another LG product. Expensive junk! #LGRefrigerator #LGappliance #LGproducts

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 8, 2021

My fridge was having insufficient temperature problem. I made complaint for Repeat repair with Coimbatore branch incharge Mr. **. Earlier it was attended by his technician only. Also complaint was registered with Customer Care on 28.04.21. Pls find below complaint confirmation: "Dear customer ** is given to **. After completion of your work to your satisfaction please share the Happiness Code: 11500 with our Service Engineer to close your Service request. You can also visit us on https://bit.ly/lg-customer-support." ——— Though I followed MANY times with Mr. ** & Customer Care, nobody cared & attended the problem. Already I paid ₹649. I waited till today morning. Since Lockdown was announced, I arranged with private company and got repaired within 4 hours. Change your logo “LG Never care” instead of “LG Care”. Waste of Time. Waste of food kept in fridge. Since you failed to rectify my repair, pls return my amount ₹649.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I purchased an $1800 refrigerator in the Spring of 2020 and it stopped working 9 months later. It is 9 weeks since I first reported the problem to LG. Two technicians sent to my home and authorized by them can not fix the broken compressor. LG is refusing to replace or refund and keep directing me back to customer service where we start all over again with overseas representatives reading a script and not seeming to grasp the situation. In trying to figure out how to reach a human who could move forward with a promised replacement, I discovered tons of other disgruntled customers dealing with the same frustrating experience: non-working products still under warranty that LG is either incapable of repairing or unwilling to replace or refund. Not worth the risk—buy another brand.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I purchased an LG refrigerator 3 1/2 years ago & 2-months ago it completely stopped working. An LG service tech was at my house 6 times. They replaced the compressor, condenser, drier and evaporator and it’s still not working. Trying to get this resolved has been a nightmare and this entire time I’m without a refrigerator! In the past my family had always purchased Kenmore refrigerators and they lasted 20+ years.

LG Refrigerators Company Information