LG Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Totally disappointed. I am not at all satisfied with the LG products especially the electronic home appliances. Whenever I choose to buy LG products, I've always regretted for my choice. Firstly I had purchased a 2-door refrigerator and within the same season the problem arose with its freezer and then gradually the problem passed on to the condenser. Summer season without having a proper refrigerator in a proper working condition, we suffered a lot. No proper repairing was done. Customer care was least concerned in fixing the problem and at last I'd to sell it out as scrap.

Then after 3 years we again made the choice to purchase a front load washing machine and after 3 years of its purchase we had file a complaint in the customer care. The most amusing thing happened was that the customer care officer asked us to first repair it on my own and if not done then the engineer will visit my place to look for the problem. After 2-3 complaints finally when their engineer came they took the machine to their service center and didn't returned it after 2 weeks. How I managed that only I know.

So what I have realized till now is that the LG products are not for long use purpose. And more upon LG's after sales service is so bad. Even after a chain of reminders they are least concerned about solving the problem instead they harass the customer. One more thing no one should never go for AMC. It would be a total waste of money. Instead of relief you will become a fool.

Absolute worst customer service ever. $3000 Refrigerator stopped working one month after going out of warranty, so basically at the 13 month period. Had to purchase a repair plan for $350 to get it fixed. Repair person has been here three times and it is still not working over one month later. I have been living out of coolers for a month now. Now they are telling me they have to get authorization to order a new part, which if that goes through won't arrive for another week. This is ridiculous that we should have to go through this for this long. I replaced all the appliances in my kitchen last year with new LG and this is what I get. I have an old freezer in my garage that has lasted for 20 years without issue. Should have stuck with it.

We purchased this fridge about 4 years ago. From the start it had a manufacturing defect on the water hose that supplies water for drinking. It would drip down the front of the fridge after you got water out of it. They came out and replaced the whole door, but would not replace the stainless steel lever that had gotten stained from their defect. Then it started to give us ice with what looked like dandruff, I have not been the 1st person to complain about this. All it needs is a new ice tray but have to buy the whole assembly.

The door since day one has had moisture collecting on it, bad door seals I am suspecting. You close the left door and the right one pops open. This thing is a piece of garbage, and I got the same don't care attitude with their customer service as others have noted on here. We also have an above stove microwave, 2 went out right out of warranty, not even a month past. LG means life is good for them, cause by time you find out you bought a piece of crap it is too late. I also wish I could post a picture of what the ice tray looks like, it grew some yellow hard something or other on it. Very gross to say the least. It seems to me all they care about is making a sale, but not taking care of the customer after purchase. I will never ever ever ever buy LG again.

We purchased an LG lsxs26326s side by side refrigerator (as well as a microwave, oven & dishwasher as we remodeled our kitchen) in April 2015. On Dec 16, 2016 it had stopped cooling. Fortunately, we have a 20+ yr old Kenmore in the basement we were able to move all the food to. Had our own repairman come out Sunday to see what the problem was. Determined the compressor in our ONE AND A HALF YEAR OLD refrigerator had gone out.

Now, this part has a TEN YEAR warranty through LG (hm, maybe that should have told us something) HOWEVER, only the PART is covered NOT labor. Sunday night I call LG Service and after a very long and frustrating discussion with someone who barely spoke English, I was informed a Letter of Authorization would be sent by email to our repairman so he could order the part. I requested a rush on that letter as it was a week until Christmas & we had family coming from out of town.

Monday, no letter. Tuesday, still no letter. I call again Tuesday night and am informed they tried calling the repairman and got no answer or return call (I know this is a lie as I spoke with them that day to confirm contact from LG). At this point, I demand to have the matter escalated and to speak to a manager. I get put on hold for a while and FINALLY get a manager, whom I might add speaks English clearly (YAY). She proceeds to tell me something completely different than I was told by the previous two reps. Stating they have to talk to the tech while they are at the refrigerator and able to guide them through what to check. THEN, once diagnosed as the compressor the letter of authorization would be sent so the tech could order the part, which would take 3-5 DAYS to receive!!!

Now, I am getting angry. She tells me they had available techs on the 20th, 21st & that day (22nd) so I could have just had their tech come out and diagnose it and they would have had the compressor the next day. I told her there was no way in hell I was paying THEIR techs an arm & a leg to fix the refrigerator I purchased a YEAR & HALF ago when my guy was only charging me $60/hr!!! Her response was simply "OH". Finally, she send the letter of authorization by email while still on the phone with me. Wednesday morning, I call my tech & they have the email (THANK GOD). They order the part. Thankfully, it comes on Thursday and our guy comes out that evening to replace it.

Now, a month later, we are having problems with the ice maker not making ice. UGH!!! I wish we would have just gone with different appliances. I will NEVER EVER EVER purchase another LG product. Purchasing these appliances has literally been a nightmare. They should have paid us to take them for what we have been through with all these appliances!

My wife and I bought an LG refrigerator from Future Shop/Best Buy in 2012. Within 15 months the frame which holds the drawers in the bottom of the fridge cracked and broke. My wife and I are in our 50's and the only ones who use the fridge. It also freezes our vegetables and the temperature settings don't work well at all. Either the fridge is too warm or too cold. Today was the last straw when I noticed that the freezer trays are showing signs of rust. The design (bottom freezer drawer) is also a very inefficient and dumb design. We will never buy another LG product and certainly would not recommend them either. All they do is look fancy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

I purchased my LG refrigerator Lfx31925sw/00 in 2012, paid 2700 bucks for it from Best Buy. After about six months I started to have problems with it. I called LG and they did some repairs on it. It worked for a little while. They had to come back out to do more repairs. This went on several times until the warranty ran out so I had to purchase a second warranty and finally LG sent another company out to work on it. They had several tries at it. Now that warranty is up and still not fixed I try to call customer service. They put me on hold over one hour, they never answered the phone. And to top it off this refrigerator is involved in a class action suit which hasn't helped me. Here it is 2017. This Refrigerator is a Korean company. Must be North Korea. All I can say is DO NOT BUY LG. You will regret it.

Bought a $3,000 LG refrigerator and the day after it was delivered, I called LG to have it repaired due to the refrigerator arriving damaged with a broken drip tray. Was told I couldn't get just the drip tray, that I would need the entire door assembly and that a tech would have to install it. I have spent 3 days and over 2.5 hours on the phone trying to get this tray fixed/replaced. Finally, I was transferred to a supervisor who set me up with a local service company. The service company would not order the part or come to do the repair because they said that trying to get reimbursement from LG was almost impossible and that LG fought them every time they did a warranty repair on LG's behalf. The service company said they would do it if I paid COD. Why would I pay for a part and labor for warranty work? Called LG back and spent another hour on the phone with no satisfaction. I will never buy another LG product.

I purchased my 4-door LG Refrigerator for nearly $3000 in June 2016. Within one week, the lovely in-door icemaker jammed. I had to remove the icemaker and stick my fingers into the hopper to clear a frozen chunk of several ice cubes all melted together. I called LG in July when it continued jamming several times a week - sometimes numerous times a day!!! I was told to be sure the temp was set correctly and the fridge was level. I did all these things, but it continued jamming all summer long.

Since August 2016, I have spent hundreds of hours on the phone - one service company (A & E Factory Repair) came out and their "solution" was to put Vaseline around the sealer surrounding the icemaker and door. I am now calling every few days, put on hold or disconnected, and am getting ZERO help from the Executive Support team in Alabama. First, the product is clearly DEFECTIVE and no one seems to care enough to make this their personal mission to get repaired.

Here's who has taken my call and "promised" to call back with a Service Appointment: July-August 2016 Called LG Service numerous times in July and August: 1-800-243-0000 and complained about icemaker jamming and dripping. 9/22 - called Customer service who would schedule service and call me back. Never heard back. 11/11 - called again to inquire about service and was told I'd hear back. 11/26 - Noel in Manila assigned me Case **, which was given to Cape Fear. 12/5 - I called Cape Fear to inquire the service date and was told they can't come until 12/16 - but I am out of town that whole week. So Tamika in Huntsville ALA got a service company to come 12/14. 12/8 - Pauline in Manila said she could not help as there are only two repair shops and the second one (AppTech - 910-358-8456) said they don't come to my town. They are four hours away.

12/14 - Vaseline applied by A&E Appliance Repair - two days later the icemaker jammed and remained jammed until 12/23 when I returned home. 12/30 - Spoke with Russ in Manila - can't get me a repair auth until he reaches Cape Fear Appliance Service although Russ kept trying to call them for over an hour while I was on hold. I finally called Cape Fear and listened to the recording (they were closed for the holiday) and told Russ they were closed. Called again and asked to speak to US - got Brenda in ALA. Executive Supervisor Dept. She promised to personally deal with the problem but never called me back.

1/17/2017 - Tori in ALA said Brenda's manager on 1/6 found an appt for 1/20 with Cape Fear Appliance, but that manager never called me and gave me the choice - he just figured it was too long to wait so he did nothing - was trying to find quicker service. Tori was checking on progress and while on hold I was disconnected. Tori never called back.

1/23 - Willy in ALA said the Locator Dept is trying to get speedier service (I explained the 1/20 service call would now be great) - Willi promised to call me back by Tues 1/24 - as Locator Team might take a few days to locate repair service. 1/25 Willi never called me back and I spoke with Mark - ext. ** in ALA. She insisted she was not Willi nor Tori and would INDEED call me back the SAME DAY. She never called back either. 1/30 (TODAY) Tish spoke with Mary who is in the same department. She spent over 20 minutes reading back to me all the notes of my customer service contact and she apologized profusely but assures me SOMEONE from LOCATOR will call me back.

LIARS and CHEATS - and the ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN DECADES! You decide!! Is a really great refrigerator worth this type of headache! BTW - my icemaker is dripping melted water all down my beautiful Black stainless steel front and it now looks terrible on top of STILL not having a reliable working icemaker! Worst decision about buying from Home Depot.

My complaint sounds just like all the other complaints. Compressor keeps going out until warranty expires and then they blow you off. I honestly don't understand how it can break down 3 times in the first year with the exact same problem and now they can refuse to warrant the work. It is not cooling again. Do not buy from this company!

Purchased new LG side by side from Home Depot in fall of 2012. Rust started appearing under the water/ice maker after the 1 year warranty had passed. The shelves also started to break about that time. It looks disgusting and I called LG for remedy and they said for me to do regular maintenance! Now I have moved to another home that has stainless appliances and cannot use this white fridge. Who wants it now... No one due to the rust on the front. Horrible experience.

Replaced 1 1/2 year old compressor - I have been venting my frustration about our LG, 1 1/2 year, old side by side refrigerator (Model #LSXS262386S). We purchased this refrigerator at Lowes in June, 2015 for $1,622.60. I thought I did my research on buying this new appliance. Early January, 2017 I knew something was wrong with the freezer, so I transferred the freezer compartment contents to our 30-year old Kenmore freezer in the garage.

We called support and did a smart diagnosis and talked to someone and were told that it seems that the freezer door has just been opened and closed too many times. I moved the freezer contents from the 30-year old freezer back into the 1 1/2 year old LG. A week later, the freezer completely stopped freezing. We called support again. We did get repair here that day. (I was afraid to ask why.) The repairman commented that he didn't like to work on LG refrigerators. The compressor needed to be ordered. 6 days later, the compressor was installed (25 minutes). We were charged $540.00 for labor. I guess, in this world, if we get a good appliance, we should consider ourselves lucky. If you get a bad one, good luck with the results. It's just a shame.

Purchased an LG LFX29927ST refrigerator from Home Depot back in July of 2014. Took about 3 months to deliver the product. When I got it, I was happy. All of the sudden a couple of weeks ago the unit is no longer cooling. Every repairman is telling me the compressor went. Less than a 3 year old unit and the compressor fails. Try to call LG. They gave me a list of "authorized" repairmen companies near Phoenix. I call the first one and just got the runaround. He tells me to get LG to fix it. So I call LG back. They want me to spend over 500 dollars on a one year warranty and service repair plan. I tell them, "No, I am not interested in that, I just want to get this thing working again."

The compressor is suppose to have a 10 year warranty. I know I have to pay for labor. So I decide to try to call the others on the list. The second number was a local Phoenix number but they tell me they only service people in the Los Angeles area. Ok, onto the 3rd number. They now don't have a LG-certified repairman available to assist me. LG is still not being any service at all!!! I am going to try to work through Home Depot to see if there is anything I can do. Otherwise, I guess I am out 2500 on a less than 3 year old refrigerator and will have to purchase another one. I keep reading all these other reviews and all the back and forth with this company. I refuse to own another LG product for the rest of my life! I don't care what it is. No LG TV, phone, anything! This company is a joke!

Do not buy LG. Local appliance repair will not fix an LG appliance, you have to call LG for an appointment. You take a day off work, wait all day for a repairman and they don't show up and don't call to let you know.

No stars - I would never by an LG product again. My wife has cancer and it took them 4 months to get one part - once it came in 5 repair men called it unfixable. This was a 2009 high end fridge that has us running to the garage in sub zero temps to use a 20 year old Kenmore. Worst experience ever.

I want you all to know that the LG model LFX 30766S we bought in the 2nd half of 2015 stopped cooling and the compressor is shot. We are waiting for service to repair and expect, based on the call with the service center will cost a minimum of $300 just for the visit and they indicate that they may have to order parts... We will see but we are still waiting for 4 days for service. I'll keep you posted but this Made in Korea was over $2300 and didn't last 1 year and a half. We still don't know if parts are under warranty... Keep tuned and stay away from LG refrigerators.

LG LFX31925ST - I pay 3k for this refrigerator and it keeps break down on me. I have to pay 400 out of my pocket. Replaced the bad compressor 3 months ago through LG Repair Service (LG warranty for part only). Now the refrigerator not cool again. I called LG and they said my 60 days warranty is over, nothing they can do. If they informed me 60 days warranty only I would not spend $400 for this repaired. Now I have to buy another refrigerator but NOT LG. Their products are junked, customer services are horrible...

I am the owner of a 2 year old LG French door refrigerator that failed over Thanksgiving. Being it was the holidays, I took to dealing with the matter immediately by contacting LG's customer service department. In the initial conversation, we determined that the issue was likely the compressor, which if true, would be covered under warranty. Learning that an authorized technician was needed to service the appliance I was then given a phone number to a local service dealer in the Scottsdale area. This company did not return my call but, I was able to get through the week after Thanksgiving. They told me that they had only one technician on staff authorized and he was out of town for 3 weeks. This was not acceptable being the holidays and the fact that we had a full house.

Through my own inquiry, I found one repair service willing to work on LG appliances... most would not because they have a pretty bad reputation it appears. The only issue, was that we needed to have him authorized. This I was able to begin through a chat with a member of the LG customer service department, however, the authorization was never put forward I was to discover. This required another online chat, some apologies and eventually a successful authorization for my serviceman.

Now able to open the back of the appliance, indeed it was discovered to be an issue with leaking coolant and a faulty part (parts). Now began the test of getting the parts (under warranty) ordered and delivered to my repairman. The part was ordered and we waited. I requested that someone contact me to let me know when it would arrive. This was wishful thinking. I opened another chat to see where the part was and the LG agent could not find any information and asked for a PON number which I did not have. He said perhaps the part was on back order. To shorten a very long litany of my technician and myself spending hours of precious time getting the runaround with (excuse me) a very incompetent customer service system; my repairman was told after many conversations with the parts dept., that 30 day deadline was expired and we have to start all over again.

So another chat last week resulted in a request for authorization again and I was told a rush request would be made for second authorization. I was also again promised that the agent would keep me posted. Yea right. Having no fridge for the holidays with a houseful of family is frustrating in and of itself and 2K plus fridge should not fail in just two years; add a complete run-around by the folks we trusted with hard earned money with their brand over many other choices on the market, to simply supply a part and authorize and repair completely beside myself.

All I need is a warrantied part, a second authorization (since time expired because of LG inefficiency), an LG customer service person who will see the process through and an attempt by LG to stand by its motto; life is good. I believe all agree that those requests are reasonable. To date I have had 6 chats average 40 minutes each, three long phone calls, a long wait for the supervisor but disconnected after 20 minutes, 4 letter submissions and a technician about to give up because of time lost from numerous calls to the parts department and total frustration. The fridge failed 11-24-16 and today's date is 1-13-17 and zero success. If anyone knows of a way I can pressure these people for one or two damned parts; (that my service guy could have fixed it in one hour two months ago) please let me know.

The refrigerator is nice looking and functional. It met our needs and there are no repair issues. That's why we're repeat customers with the brand. LG's quality, features, pricing, and reliability has made them our choice for kitchen and laundry appliances.

Purchased new French door style fridge. After two days it stopped cooling. Called LG. They tried to get me to use my home warranty. Called them back. They set up an official service. Took 4 phone calls to get an appointment. When they came out they claimed compressor is bad and would come back in 5 days to replace. Never came back. After 4 more phone calls they refuse the repairs because the technician did not see the I.D. card on fridge. This has been going on for 2 weeks, without a fridge. I'm still confused and upset. Taking fridge back. This has to be the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Never LG again.

Customer service is horrible. Their English needs much to be desired. My unit was slow to make ice and was not dumping so they had me put my phone to the sensor. She told me I needed to change it from crushed to cubed? Say... What? Anyway found it is a early sign of compressor failure. Their first question was "Why didn't you get the extended warranty." I guess they have no faith in their product, normally I have no use for those warranties. It seems like, in my case, products are programmed to self-destruct after the warranty expires. I heard some stories but when I purchased it I was told this has a different compressor it and it is not prone to failure. Home Depot lied! The fridge was 18 months old and within 2 weeks of the new compressor I lost refrigerant and I had to call service, they came out right away and repaired it.

Now a week later everything was soft in the freezer again, but they cannot come out until Tuesday. It is 40 degrees in my garage, not cold enough to use as a refrigerator. I lost about 300 dollars in food since Thanksgiving. My old fridge lasted 16 years before it died, and I think it was my fault because I put it in the garage, found out later that not every fridge can be put in a cold area. So what happened to quality control in the day and age? If I was on the board of LG I could not look myself in the mirror putting out a product with this kind of problems.

I had an issue with LG shortly after purchase then these days having problems that can't be found that are reoccurring. LG falsified the star rating on the model refrigerator I had purchased and had to delay shipping by 3 months. LG used my purchase date as the warranty start date despite the delay in shipping due to their mistakes. Poor business decision LG!

My refrigerator is 6 years old. The ice maker needed to be replaced when it was six months old then the ice maker does not adequately produce enough ice. The door spring just broke two months ago. The drawer is broken. The plastic on the shelves have fallen off and the ice maker lever fell off a year ago. It is not a quality refrigerator for the price of $2200.00 made by LG. I also purchased the LG dishwasher at the same time and had to have service on it 5 times. It never cleaned the dishes very well and I tried to talk to customer service at LG and not only were they rude, the woman in customer service was threatening and nasty to me on the phone. I went two months at one time without a dishwasher when the dishwasher was fairly new. The customer service did not want to hear from me or help me in any way. This dishwasher cost $700. I had it for 5 years and had to get rid of it. Needless to say, I will never purchase LG appliances again.

The appearance and the size is great - the function not so great. This fridge didn't hold up to the ratings! After a couple of years the ice machine stopped working. Found out we need a new one and the cost of it is 170.00. We decided to go back to using our ice trays since this is the only way to get ice. If we ever buy another it won't be an LG!!!

I love my refrigerator but I expected it to work much better when it was brand new. My ice maker has quit twice in the first three years! Had to have it worked on. They just don't last like they used to!

We rent & the landlady provided this refrigerator when the old, original refrigerator stopped working. I would not buy this refrigerator, but it is not a bad refrigerator. I dislike that the refrigerator looks like stainless steel, but won't hold magnets. I do not like that it's side by side style, too, and the ice crusher "spits" ice at you.

We have had to have the fridge serviced several times. One was a recall that I was not aware. When we called for services, tech told us a circuit board went out and it had to be orders, thus await for repairs. It also has a high pitch noise when compressor is running and the front stainless steel is hard to keep clean. We have not been pleased with its performance and it is only 2.5 years old. We would not purchase an LG again.

Brand new LG top freezer refrigerator was replaced twice. None of the freezers could maintain a zero or lower temp - sometimes getting up to as much as 15. LG told me they'd send someone out but since the problem is random, if it isn't above zero, they will charge me for the call. INSTEAD of researching what LG has done in the past to fix this problem and just doing that repair, they insist I have to wait until the fridge constantly fails. Which is may or may not. Meanwhile, I can't protect food from freezer burn and spoilage. I called LG. Was disconnected. Called again. was put on hold 15 minutes and was disconnected. Called again. Was told someone would call me back. No one did.

Emailed asking what the fix was for this issue and was told to read the owner's manual and that I had to call their 800 number to talk to a person. The email contained a link to a chat which told me I was not authorized to use. So I have a new refrigerator with a useless freezer and no help from LG. All they need to do is tell me how the problem has been fixed for others. Instead, they not only lost a customer, I will caution others not to deal with LG.

We made it 4 years with our LG refrigerator, purchased at Lowe's. Everything was fine except that it wasn't cooling. Every single thing was fine except the air was blowing warm. No other problems. It was as if it just needed coolant. We have now been without a refrigerator for 10 days and almost every part has been replaced including the compressor, dryer, refrigerant, and other miscellaneous parts.

Today we learned that they have to order a circuit board. The repair technician has no sense of urgency and seems totally clueless. We called LG Service to let them know what was happening and they had all the records of our 3 repair visits in the last 10 days but were totally unsympathetic and said that we are "stuck" until the repair guy can fix it. We bought the annual service agreement for $465 and expect better service for that kind of money. We have lost hundreds of dollars of food and are living out of a cooler. I love LG products but I will never buy another one because the service is the worst we have ever experienced. The only positive thing I can say is that he has used a freaking blow torch on every visit and hasn't damaged our hardwood floors...YET.

We have a 3-door side-by-side with ice/water. Ice maker is slow and very undersized so we will definitely run out of ice during a party. The refrigerator is very stylish but it is painted and can and did scratch. The unit is quiet and led lighted interior is quite nice. The door gasket has gone bad in 3 years though. WE bought this thru Home Depot and wisely bought additional wty. WE have some trouble with refrig and LG stove and the warranty company has been EXCELLENT. This is very important. No sin to need a repair but to be left hanging is not good. We will buy LG again. :-)

My LG refrigerator have not been functioning after a few months purchased. Almost every two months the LG Tech guy came to clear the ice blocked for the fridge to be functioning for the next two months. The episode went on & on until last July (2016) when the fridge was taken away for repair. After a series of phone calls the fridge was returned to me 4 months after on the 29 November 2016. Not even a month of usage on the 23 of December 2016 the same LG REFRIGERATOR again start to be functioning off & on. Reports to your Malaysian Service Center (1800-822-822) every 2 days until to date no one has come to check or wanted to do anything the Silly LG Refrigerator I owned. Please be accountable on the product sold. Do not just claimed to be a world class product but failed to service your customers accordingly. I can be contacted via my mobile **. Your appropriate action and understanding will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.
  • Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.
  • Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.
  • Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.
  • Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.
  • Best for Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Compare Refrigerators