1.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

LG Refrigerators

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

1983 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This is the first time I've ever written a review, ever in 42 years but I'm so dissatisfied with LG's customer service that I feel it's warranted. I had my $4000 LG refrigerator less than a year when problems started. The issue started as a loud noise that's ended in the refrigerator not working at all. I called customer service immediately when the noise started and they went thru a series of self-tests by phone to determine what the cause was. Initially the rep suggested it was a fan issue. So we re-leveled the unit and the doors as suggested (because according to LG this isn't covered under the warranty).

The problem continued and then error messages began to show on the door so we called back to LG and after several days of calling we were eventually set up with a warranty repair service to come out the following week. Now keep in my mind the back and forth of trying to reach someone who could help us in customer service had went on already for over 2 weeks already. Finally an service appt... But no one ever called us or showed up as planned for the repair. So we called back to LG and started from scratch again. At the end of the call the rep tries telling us we are now out of warranty. Furious, I immediately explained to her this problem was called into LG long before we were out of warranty and due to their delays and pushing us off is the reason we are now beyond one year. However we certainly were in warranty when this debacle started.

After going round and round for 3 more weeks, we come home to a non-working fridge and everything ruined inside. It's been 4 additional weeks now that we've made calls to LG and continue to be put off or lied to by their reps. I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor on the last call who advised me that they couldn't locate anyone to come repair the fridge for at least 2 more weeks. This all started 8/28 and it's 10/14 and still our fridge is not working. I called the company that one rep said would be coming out to repair just to confirm. I wasn't being lied to again and not surprising the repairman said he absolutely will not do work for LG because they don't pay the company for their repairs and that he immediately turned down the work order when it was sent to him. Do you think anyone from LG called to tell us that this service company declined the work order and set us up with another repair company... Nope not a word!

So here we go calling them back again and now the latest is the national LG service locator is trying to find someone to come repair our fridge - still have no date of when to expect our fridge to be repaired. THE ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. I will never purchase another LG item and will share my experience with as many who will listen. We purchased the $4000 LG refrigerator last year and it lasted 11 months before the problems started... Now we have been sitting with a non-working refrigerator for over 2 months and still no confirmed service repair appt. I'm warning anyone considering purchasing an LG product - DON'T!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

LMXS30776S - Bought this fridge 20 months ago paying over $3500 and it is already broke and the people responsible for taking care of repairing it won't do anything to help me. I would never purchase any type of LG product ever again. Be very wary.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

French door in door refrigerator with ice dispenser - I bought this refrigerator from Fry's Electronics about a year and half ago and it worked like a champ during the warranty period but while we still joying and dancing being too happy with our purchase and as if there was a timer inside this thing and just right after the warranty was over things began to fall apart one thing after another. I bought this refrigerator for about $2100 and so far it did cost me $1185 for repairs because as it turn out the parts were covered but not the labor. LG customer service stunk the high heaven as they were not able to replace the lemon that I fell for. For the rest of my life, I'll never buy anything made by LG.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My LG bottom door refrigerator started having problems in June, the freezer stopped working. It took 2 months before someone would come and look at it. Then the part was no longer made. Since the part was under the 7 year warranty, they said they would replace my fridge or give us a refund. I've called, and called, and called, each time talking to someone different, just for them to tell me to await a call in 3-4 business days. Each time I had to call them back. Now they say they are only giving me a few hundred dollars instead of a full refund! Ridiculous! I will never buy a LG product again!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

2011 LG refrigerator with linear compressor went out on 6 year fridge 8-20-2017, has a 7 year warranty on compressor. I and my repair guy have had multiple contacts with LG customer service. They shipped the same wrong compressor twice, and my repair guy installed the 3rd compressor and it cooled for almost a week, and went out again, he came back and worked on it again, and it is not cooling again - this will be the 6th service call for this problem. I had paid $500 in labor. Customer service has been completely unacceptable with this problem. I have asked for a complete refund on this fridge and refund for all repair bills, but LG has lousy customer service. I have contacted my local TV channel in Charlotte NC - Action 9 to see if they can help. Got a reply email from them last Friday - hoping they can get some results in this matter. The fridge is registered with LG, my son has all the paperwork for this as he is helping me deal with the problem.

Updated on 10/12/2017: Repair guy was back out because fridge is still not working right, this time, the condenser is the problem, so I am done with LG-fighting for compensation on this defective piece of CRAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have spent well over an hour on the phone with 3 horrific customer service techs. None of the three had a passable command of the English language, nor did they understand English well. To use a company with such low standards speaks volumes on LG's lack of commitment to ensure customers are serviced properly. I will not buy another LG product again for this reason alone.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Nine months after I bought model LFXS30766S it quit cooling properly. LG technician could not find reason. Since that time, now over two years, LG has given me the runaround and done nothing but suggested I get another of their technicians to service. I have been completely without this unit all summer. They now tell me it was installed improperly. This was a faulty unit from day one and no one's fault but the factory. They have told me tough luck!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

After our purchase of LG refrigerator, the compressor failed 15 months after purchase date. We had it replaced costing us 400.00 labor. It failed again 5 months later and it will cost another 400.00 for labor but how long will it last? After losing everything in refrigerator twice! I'm not going to have it repaired. I'm buying a new one. And it won't be an LG. Anything that is rebranding by LG anything that looks like an LG anything that has an L or a G in its name.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Bought an LG LMXS30076S refrigerator July 2016 and Sept. 2017 everything suddenly thawed out. Called LG several times and they said it would be on me since I didn't buy the extended warranty. They sent me the # for the 1 and only place that handles their repairs within 60 miles of me. I called them and they didn't even want to deal with my refrigerator since they said they always have issues getting LG to reimburse or pay them for parts and service. I'd have to pay $89 to just have someone come out to diagnose. They came a week later and said all the Freon leaked out and I would need to have the entire cooling unit rebuilt. It would cost $1200 in parts alone! I called the store I bought this from and they worked with LG and they said they would cover it (how "nice" of them).

Parts came in 2 weeks later, I took the day off to wait for the repair guy. He worked on it for an hour and ran into an issue reaching a part in the unit that he needed to access. He called LG and asked how to problem solve this, they told him to cut it apart and solder it after installing. He asked who would be responsible if he did this and further damaged the unit. They said it was his problem and hung up on him. LG you should be ashamed of whoever you have employed to handle these calls. And you have repair contracts with technicians you treat like crap! Useless junk refrigerator and I'm stuck with it? I think a class action lawsuit is in order.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We bought an LG refrigerator in March of 2017. It's a door in door. The problem we are having is with the doors. The door in door isn't closing and sealing properly. We've had 5 service repair guys out that we couldn't really speak English and they continue to tell us the door is closing properly which it isn't. When we open and close the other door it ends up pushing the other door open and then that door doesn't close by itself. LG won't give you the time of day. All we would really like is for them to replace this unit and move on. But they don't want any part of it. You spend $2500 to $3000 on a unit you expect to work properly and they could really care less. I would not recommend LG products to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Purchased an expensive french door refrigerator in 2015. In 2016 the motherboard went out and we were out of a refrigerator for 2 weeks. Was advised to purchase the extended warranty to lower the repair cost (to $300). Now, in 2017, the compressor is out and we are again without a fridge for a week and lost all our food. The kicker? The compressor is under a 10 year warranty but only for the $160 part. LG is still charging me $400 for labor. It's their flat fee for warranty work, regardless of how long it takes. They overcharge for the labor to cover the cost of all the parts they have to replace.

This fridge has cost me ~$1,000 is service and lost food and it's only 3 years old. Spoke with supervisor "Donald" and he was rude, interrupted me constantly, and flatly refused to provide any customer to lower the labor charge since I've had so many problems with this fridge. He told me to call other techs and see what they would charge--I have. No one else will work on LG fridge compressors because they fail too often. I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and sending a letter to the corporate office. I encourage everyone here who is a victim of LG to do the same. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against LG. PO box 240007. Huntsville AL 35813.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This is the worst appliance (LG Refrigerator-French Door) I’ve ever purchased. The condenser had malfunctioned TWICE in less than 18 Months. I purchased it brand new from Home Depot in May 2016 and 35 days ago I had the condenser replaced as the temperature stopped cooling, and a week ago, THE NEW condenser stopped working, too.

I’ve lost groceries, money, and patience! Please DO NOT PURCHASE THIS REFRIGERATOR or any other appliance made by LG. The customer service is poor, the expense to service their systems when you neglect to purchase an extended warranty is astronomical, and it’s even difficult to call someone! DO NOT EVER PURCHASE this product again!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

1st I contacted LG and because my dryer was purchased in Nov 2014, it was out of warranty. I was provided a schismatic to properly identify the part I needed (A255 - see exploded view of page 49). I was also required to work with an "authorized parts distributor" near me (California). I initiated my order the 1st week of August and got 2 incorrect parts because LG Parts Department does not label their items correctly!! The authorized dealer was apologetic and I was given a full refund.

So next I called LG directly and they too send me 2 different incorrect parts. After several weeks of calling and arguing to speak to a US based representative, I got Erica ** in "Executive Services" who was unhelpful, rude, and downright wrong in her understanding of the entire situation. Now what? I am now being told I have to buy the entire TOP of my dryer to fix the plastic hinge that broke on my steam compartment. So why does LG make such a piece of crap that needs to have replacement parts within 2.5 years of purchase? I would actually appreciate an answer. Also, Why can't I buy a replacement part without dealing with stupid representatives? Buy the entire lid? REALLY?

So I would like a rep to contact me and ship me A255; that item is not a huge metal door hinge. It is a small piece of plastic!!! It goes into A260 which I was able to purchase without ANY ISSUES. The lovely Erica ** stated LG Corp has mislabeled page 49 and the part I was sent IS the correct part. How was I able to buy A260 (lid) and A255 be a part that is not purchasable? Why is all this made of such cheap plastic? So Erica wants me to replace the entire lid of my dryer... That is everything featured on page 49 section A210 for a ridiculous $150 AND I still have to install all that. Those parts aren't even broken! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING LG. I never will again. They are horrible!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

After just 5 years my $2000 LG Refrigerator two drawer freezer died. LG customer service is a hair pulling joke. Repair service said they could replace the compressor but it would not last. So after 5 years my LG refrigerator will go to the landfill. I picture all these beautiful refrigerators lined up at the dump. DO NOT BUY AN LG REFRIGERATOR. Joined class action suit.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Who is up for a lawsuit against LG LFXS29766S refrigerator? This is unacceptable. I bought mine in 7/2016 and the compressor failed 9/2017. Called them and they don't care. I think we should all file a lawsuit against this horrible company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

LG LFXC24726SS refrigerator - Less than two years old, catastrophic compressor failure. Need to rebuild the cooling system. Ice maker had also previously failed. Not surprisingly we are disappointed with this purchase and would not consider buying this brand again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Purchased a LG refrigerator Dec2016. Aug 31 2017 the unit stopped working we lost all of our food. Approximately $357. We contacted LG. They gave us service contractors names (since they have no direct service). We contacted the service companies. They stated they would not work with LG. Called LG back. We finality found a willing service company after one week. However he asked us to diagnose the ref ourselves and then let him know what the problem was and he would help with the repair over the phone. Now after 2 weeks and dozens of calls to LG we received no help. In the meantime we had to purchase a small cooler so we could purchase some food and keep the items cool.

Again after many more calls to LG we found a service person who would come out and told us that we need a new condenser and three other parts. He has to order them and receive approval from LG. To make matters worse this man is the only one in our area that can install new condensers. He then told us he was going out of the country Oct 5 for 3 weeks. The parts were shipped to our home on Sept 27 still in the boxes. We have called LG 6 times so we can get approval to repair still no response. The long narrative is the reason to stay away from purchasing LG refrigerators. We always had GE and the service and units were great. Remember NO LG REFRIGERATORS. GO GE. Again LG service very, very, very bad.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Purchased French door LG refrigerator in July 2016 from Home Depot. Freezer not freezing ice cream products. Worked with LG customer service and problem not solved. Ask for tech to be sent out. Told it would cost $325.00 to have tech sent out. I paid good money for this fridge. Not going to spend any more. 14 months and freezer will not freeze ice cream. After reading all the complaints on LG sorry I ever bought this junk. Beware.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We purchase fridge January 14th, 2017. First time coming out for service on ice maker May 5th, 2017. 5 times in a row for same problem. Still the problem exist. Has leak water all over my floor and into my finished basement. They continue to try sending out technicians. Most recent technician refused to come out if fridge has been serviced so many times before. LG's answer to this is they will send a different company out. Their warranty only includes service and parts. They will not do a replacement or refund. I have a new baby in the house and have been without a fridge totally for 5 weeks. Refrigerator or freezer not working now.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My LG French Door refrigerator was just under 2 years old when it stopped cooling. Bought it on 9/15/2015, and it died on 9/10/2017. Called LG to find a certified repair person, and not a one would provide service to me as I was outside their service area. This was despite only being 30 minutes away from a Home Depot from whom I bought it. I went round and round with LG on how to service this refrigerator and their lack of repair service. The closest certified LG repair shop would not repair LG compressors! Really!! LG gave me the OK to use a local repairman, they diagnosed it as the compressor, which it was, but would not touch it. Another local repairman told me no one wants to service these refrigerators.

Finally found an LG repairman farther away than 4 others who would not service it, and he charged me $750 labor (due to mileage of 70 miles) to come out and fix the compressor which was under warranty. He told me that this compressors are cheap foreign made units and do not expect them to last more than 7-10 years. He said the LG refrigerators are poorly made, but pretty on the outside. Don't buy an LG refrigerator due to this well known problem, and the fact that LG certified service is not available even though they are sold nearby. Go with Kenmore (Sears) and other USA serviced products who at least will service their products.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

We purchased a LG 30 cf refrigerator with French doors Feb. 20. 2015. 6 months after we had major defrosting problem. Ice cream all over plus spoilage of other foods. Again about 6 months later, same problem. I took out 2 year extended warranty. Glad I did. About 6 months SAME problem again about 20th of July. SAME problem. Each time it takes about 2 weeks to get part. It did NOT solve problem. NEW PART on order. All within 2 1/2 years! They will NOT even REPLACE a gallon of ICE CREAM. I had not been able to use my nice LG 30 cf refrigerator for about 10 weeks total. Our previous refrigerator was a GE 27 cf. We kept it as a backup. We bought a NEW 30 cf GE. Our older one was 14 years old. It still works great. My opinion - LG is a nice looking unit. They make great watches - LOUSY REFRIGERATOR and VERY POOR SERVICE.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

LG refrigerator Mod.# LMXS30776S/01 - As many other buyers have pointed out, these refrigerators are garbage. Mine quit within 18 months of purchase, I had a local repairman who replaced compressor and still does not work. I can get no-one to help me at LG, and they have no service personnel within 100 miles of my area. Several people have suggested a class action lawsuit, and I would be a willing participant. I will never, ever, buy another LG product.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I'm another compressor failure customer getting completely screwed over by LG. They won't fix it. They won't Supply the compressor. Weeks going by. Out several hundred dollars of food and no fridge for 4 weeks. This is incredible. Paid $3,000... LG Imports should be completely blocked from the US. They should not be allowed to sell any appliances in the U.S. They're screwing over thousands of customers in the United States and I'm sick of this. I also had an LG dishwasher that was defective and end of broke three times within a year to the point that I had to get a refund. I mean you know I'm not alone here. There are thousands of people reporting the same issue. It's time that the U.S. government block LG from exporting anything into the United States.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

We bought a home that had a completely remodeled kitchen with a brand new LG LRFD25850ST refrigerator (French door style, with freezer below). It is a beautiful LOOKING appliance. The ice maker works. That's the only nice thing I can say about it. When you open the doors, in just a few seconds it starts beeping the "open door" alarm. This is not a defect. It is designed that way. The problem is that the time before the alarm goes off is not settable, and it comes on so soon that you cannot possibly put groceries away before if relentlessly goes off. In fact, it's darn hard to even get things OUT of the fridge without it going off.

Everything plastic on the inside of this fridge is made of a cheap, brittle grade of plastic. The produce bin doors and wide lower drawer have all cracked and broken multiple times in multiple places. The front support plastic edge on the lower shelf cracked in several places and started to sag. Some PVC plastic pipe cement and my own supplies of plastic to reinforce it have kept it in shape, but most people will not be able to make repairs like this and they will end up with the cover doors drawers all broken and coming apart.

One day it just started accumulating a big thick sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer. After months of just chipping it out of there in big chunks before it started to melt at the front edge and run water all over the floor (which it did multiple times), we went away for a week, so we took out all the food and shut the thing off. After 5 days of being off and completely dethawing, it stopped creating that ice sheet. I assume the defrost draining tube was blocked somewhere.

Temperature distribution throughout the fridge is very unpredictable. Sometimes the ice cream is soft, sometimes hard as a rock, sometimes the milk is too warm while other things in the fridge annoyingly freeze hard as a rock, or vice versa. The light bulb compartment cracks and deforms. The cover is very hard to get off, and the bulbs are very hard to unscrew. I don't know how a simple thing like a light socket can be made poorly, but these are. And cover has melted and deformed from the bulb heat (and we are not using incorrect lamps. They are 15w small appliance bulbs).

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

On 10/12/2015 we purchased a 46 LG 30 CF 4 DR Refrigerator from Sears. It was delivered and set up around the 21st of the same month. Once set up we noticed scratches in both doors and a couple weeks later were replaced. Because we were having things completed in kitchen, it was unplugged and not used till the beginning of January 2016 at which point everything was fine with this $3000.00 plus refrigerator. On September 1st we got home from work and opened the refrigerator and noticed that everything in there was hot.

So being a holiday weekend, we waited till Monday to call Sears where it was purchased to have a repair person come to fix it. A week later the man came and said it was the compressor and he would have to order the parts. Sounds good until we are told it would be close to three weeks to get the parts. OK so we wait the night before the repair man is to come we call and ask him if he received the compressor as we had not.

He calls the parts place and they are having trouble finding the parts and it will be another 3 to 4 weeks to get the part in if they even come in. At this point we have been without a working refrigerator for 3 weeks and have been told it could be another month. So we were so mad that we called LG directly and explained what had happened and was told by a customer service rep if we got our receipt showing when we purchased it they would replace it.

Ok on the phone for hours getting everything they need the next day we scan everything to them and are told it is our problem and they will not help us. That was a 1 year and 10 month old item. We explained that it was not used until 4 months after we purchased it. However they did not care. LG has the rudest people that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. We also went back to Sears and was told they could not help us either as they have to wait on the parts and they are not sure when they will get them.

Ok so you go out and purchase an appliance and it is not to last over 1 year? This is crazy. All the reviews that I have read also say that it is the compressor that is the problem so at this point no one can help any of us with this problem. This does not seem too fair. Also, the stores that are selling the LG products knowing that there are all of these complaints and service calls for the same thing. How can companies still sell these items that only work for a year or two and then tell you you’re on your own. LG is not standing by their products and this is very sad that they are allow to get away with this. If this was a car dealer there would be recalls and the problem would be fixed for free, why is LG allow to get away with this and do this to honest working people. We are asking for help from LG and would appreciate hearing from someone who cares about Customer Service not selling poor products and then telling us they can’t help.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

We bought our LG French Door (door in door) Bottom Freezer Refrigerator in October of 2014 |Model#LMXS30776S/00| when we built our home (along with an LG dishwasher, stove, microwave and washer and dryer). At $3,999.00, we really hoped it would last without problems. Unfortunately I didn't read any reviews before purchasing ALL LG appliances... what a mistake! On September 18, 2017, I came home from work to find that everything in my refrigerator was barely cool and everything in the freezer had completely melted! My brother-in-law is an electrician and works on appliances so I called him to check it out. After determining that the compressor had gone bad, we called LG to order the part. We spoke to someone who transferred us to tech support.

When we requested the part, they said they needed an LG certified technician authorization code and we couldn't order the part because my brother-in-law was not a "certified LG repairman." They gave me the numbers of 3 certified technicians that were over 100 miles away because there were none in my area. After calling them to come diagnose the problem so LG would make good on the 10-year compressor warranty, they refused to come out because... and I quote... "we don't like to work on LG appliances because they are a pain and good luck finding someone to work on it." Not to mention it would've been upwards of $500.00 for them to travel that distance just to verify that it was actually the compressor when we already knew that.

So we called LG back and told them we couldn't get an "LG repairman" to come look at it but that we knew the problem so could we please just order the part. They were extremely rude to both myself and my brother-in-law and would not even let us order the part. So I paid almost $4000.00 for this refrigerator that lasted less than 3 years, and I have no right to access the parts even though the LG service centers in my area will not come to my home and diagnose the problem. We went on Sears Parts Direct and found the compressor for $250.00 thank goodness and my brother-in-law is installing it.

I still find it ridiculous that I have to pay out of pocket for a part that is supposedly covered under warranty... but I will gladly pay that just to not have to deal with talking to them on the phone again. If you buy a super expensive LG thinking it will last, think again. And if the fact that the parts are covered under warranty gives you peace of mind and they will make good on the warranties... don't count on it. Moral of the story... don't buy an LG anything. Fingers crossed that my other appliances last longer than this one did.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Product: Refrigerator. Model #: LFXS29626S. Recently I purchased what I believed was a top of line LG refrigerator. At the time of my purchase I truly believed that I was making the absolute best decision and that I was purchasing the very best refrigerator line that money can buy, however I now feel like I have made the absolute worse decision and I feel totally exasperated because my family and I sit here in our home living out of coolers for over 6 weeks and constantly managing ice to keep our food from spoiling. The problem is that this refrigerator has been out of order since August 8th, it is now Sept 19th and we are facing the 5th time of parts being placed on back order.

If I had some idea of when the parts would arrive rather than facing the 5th time of being backordered there might be some peace of mind. Unfortunately, I have no idea when this part will arrive and will ultimately be repaired. It has already been 6 weeks of living out of coolers. I have called LG customer service multiple times and have dealt with friendly support people who try to help most times leaving the call believing there was a solution soon including being told twice that if the back order is beyond 10 days that the refrigerator would be submitted for likely replacement. No action on this yet just excuses when I follow up.

My refrigerator was delivered Dec 2015 then began noticing problems in July 2017. I had a repair technician at our home on August 8th. Now I sit here with this top of line refrigerator with absolutely no idea when it will be repaired. In the past, I have always purchased less expensive models or maybe what could be thought of as lower quality brands. I have been fairly satisfied with these competitive brands, with only frequent problems requiring regular repairs.

Understandably, I anticipate repairs on all appliances used in my home (those would have been better choices at this point), but this current repair, the time to get it handled and still with no solution is 100% unacceptable. I purchased this brand and model believing the product and support would be first class. I hope that you can comprehend how much of a great inconvenience this has been to be 6 weeks without a refrigerator to me and all my children. I need help and I need it soon! I am feeling inclined to make many more people aware of the support and lack of LG standing behind their products.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Purchased a LG French Door Refrigerator from Home Depot in 2011. Almost 6 years to the date of purchase the unit quit working. After calling LG they stated that the compressor was covered but not labor. Lg suggested two certified appliance repair resources in our area. First referral never returned our call. Second sent a service person out on a week. Technician stated that our unit was the cleanest unit he had ever seen but unfortunately the compressor was bad. Our out of pocket expense will be $600.01 for a refrigerator that is only 6 years old! Our previous refrigerator was 28 years old and cost 1/3 of the cost of this LG. Called LG to file a complaint with no satisfaction. In fact the LG Representative said "LG could not help with any labor cost and that we should remember that the unit USA man made product and was not perfect." Really!?? I will never purchase or recommend an LG Product to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought an LG French door fridge for $2,500 18 months ago and first the ice maker stopped working at exactly a week past 12 months, so out of warranty. Paid extra just to have that ice maker, what a waste, so this morning we find ice cream melted and steaks thawed in the freezer. Oh great, the freezer is broke at 18 months. Call LG and they say they will pay for the parts to fix the freezer but we have to pay for labor, guess how much? They say starts at $500 and that is if it is what "they think" is the problem. I don't think so. I would rather take that money and buy a different brand that will last. Oh and I just bought an LG microwave last month, I figure this time next year I will be buy another microwave. Talk about disposable appliances. Did an internet search about LG products and it doesn't look good.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

LG Refrigerator - French Door, Bottom Freezer - The compressor gave up the ghost 6 1/2 years in. We had hardware issues with the ice dispenser twice during that time. The compressor was $450 for just labor to fix it. I've had Whirlpool units last 20 years and longer. This is a junk product. Buy something else.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.
    • Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.
    • Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.
    • Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.
    • Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.
    • Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs