Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

French door, bottom freezer. Freezer space very good & easy to use with drawer providing better access. Door for milk and other items reduces times opening refrigerator. Would prefer two larger veggie drawers instead of three. Has larger meat drawer at bottom which allows for many shaped items. Just check local area for repair centers just in case something may need to be repaired for any brand appliance purchased.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I bought a 4 door LG refrigerator. It's a French door on top with 2 freeze drawers in the bottom. I paid about $50 more to get a counter depth which is fantastic for the space in my modular home with an air vent in front of the space. This model has plenty of space in the refrigerator compartment. It looks like changing the water filter will be easy and convenient.

It does have a drawer at the bottom which is nice but it would have been a better design if it would slide out when only one door is open on the refrigerator. You have to have both doors open to utilize the space. The same with the right side drawer that holds produce. You can't get it open all the way before the left edge hits the center strip of the left side French door. I have only had it a month so will have to do another review after 5 years. This LG is a replacement for a 4 1/2 year Samsung that had constant problems with the ice maker freezing up.. I Will never buy Samsung products again. Their Customer Service is atrocious.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I was so excited about getting the French door, two drawer model. I have two complaints. First one is the shelves. I have more tall bottles than the fridge accommodates, then there is a short space behind that I can set something in but you have to remove the tall bottles to get to it. The main complaint is the icemaker. The ice balls come out great, it makes 3 a day, however the crushed and cubed work for about a week then nothing for a week then suddenly it's working again.

We called customer service they referred us to the local technician who apparently hates his job. He would not even come out to look at the problem. He said he would order a new icemaker. At this time the fridge was only 3 weeks old. We had to keep calling him back to check on the new part. Then he never came out with the part until after the 3rd time he said he would come. Then he wouldn't speak to us. After about a month the icemaker quit for a week then started up again and so on. I ordered ice trays on Amazon. No way we will deal with that repairman again. And when he did come out we were really nice and friendly I even told him a few jokes and he totally ignored me. We bought it through Costco.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

LG 36" stainless steel French door with internal cold water dispenser, 2 lower pullout drawers, one with an ice dispenser. Well built and reasonably priced. Quiet and roomy. Good lighting inside. Plastic drawers inside could be a little sturdier.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I bought a side by side LG and it's been A problems with the ice maker every month plus if you store items on the left side everything freezes overnight.. this was a big mistake.. I walk into a sale and got hosed.. I have had work orders for the past 3 years on this appliance.. nothing they can do... I just bought the wrong name brand... big mistake! Please read up on your appliance before you buy.. or you will be stuck as hard as I have been stuck.. I have lost more food items than anyone could believe.. please do not buy any LG Appliances.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

$2,000 French Door Refrigerator lasted two years, seven months. Cannot be repaired per a local repair man I paid. LG Corp has been useless to deal with. I'm going to rope Sears into this as well since I bought this POS there. They won't help either. If you are buying a fridge do your homework and buy the extended warranty. Stay away from LG and Sears if you're smart.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We bought our LG Refrigerator on May 2018 from Jetson in Stuart, FL and it stop cooling on December 30th 2021. An LG technician came in and told me he had bad news for me, he could not work in the unit due to Sulfur Contamination and his company advised him not to fix the unit. When I asked him, what could cause such contamination, he said it is because the "Chinese Drywalls". Our refrigerator Model #LSXS26366D is in the list of defective linear compressors in the LG Class Action Lawsuit. Our previous refrigerator was plugged in the same area for 13 years and never had a problem. We moved the old refrigerator to the garage, and it is still working under heat and humidity in a Florida garage. Our Air condition company certified that all our lines are clean with no contamination. All the appliances in our house are working properly, including our LG Washer and Dryer.

Today I called a specialized company in the Chinese drywall detection and they never heard of a refrigerator failing due to Chinese drywalls. This is not possible. Also, they mentioned that a Technician can't diagnose a contamination without testing the particles. I work in a power plant company in Florida and all the Engineers stated that the compressor is in a sealed environment with no co-relation to the outside elements. I have called the LG Customer Service multiple times requesting a written service call invoice as the Technician did not leave a written diagnose. LG refused to produce the document and the customer service rep hanged up on me.

The second customer service told me to call a third-party repair company a pay out of my pocket. Today another rep offered 20% rebate on a new purchase. Again, the refrigerator is three years old and under warranty for five years under a Class Action Settlement for this Unit. There is no proof and no explanation on writing of the cause of failure. Yesterday we called again, and the customer service rep said that our refrigerator is irreparable. She transferred us to a Supervisor by the name Arthur, we request a diagnose on writing and he said not to be allowed to send emails and he will send a request a copy of the service call. Please help us to receive repair for our fridge under warranty. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased a brand new LG linear compressor French Door with the glass sneak peek feature on July 23, 2021 from Best Buy for $3500! In early December – Just 5 months later – the refrigerator stopped cooling. It is now Jan 11, 2022 and I have had 5 LG technicians come to my home with 5 different possible causes from – "You must have left your refrigerator open-" to – "Maybe YOU spilled something down into the ducts causing the compressor to die" – to – "The doors are not level, the front cross strip is not balanced, and the compressor was installed wrong and is now leaking Freon!" STILL, they don’t return calls and just continue to send technicians every 7 days.

They have ordered at least 5 parts and still – the fridge does not get below 46 degrees!!! The freezer frosts, the ice maker drips and I am fed up. I keep calling and making complaints – I think they are due for another class action lawsuit! LG means Losing Game! DO NOT BUY THEIR REFRIGERATORS. ONE TECHNICIAN TOLD ME HE HAS NEVER SEEN THEM REPLACE A FRIDGE IN HIS CAREER! A refund is a unicorn. LG, I’ll keep calling for my $3500 hunk of metal. I’ve had to buy backup deep freezers and form refrigerators to keep milk in the house! LG – stick to washers and terrible cell phones. I was last told that they cannot replace until I’ve had 4 repairs. I have now had 5! No calls back. I PURSUE ALL CALLS AND REPAIRS.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My daughter loved her LG French Door refrigerator so much I bought the same model. Her refrigerator stopped working when it was 5 years old. The repairman told her it was not worth repairing because the compressor needed to be replaced as well as a few other repairs. My refrigerator stopped working 5 years and 3 weeks after purchase. I will never purchase another LG appliance.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I purchased this refrigerator 5 years and 6 months ago and it stopped cooling after 2 years of purchase. According to the technician, both the compressor and the evaporator need to be replaced due to the quality issue. It took over 10 days to get it fixed and I had to throw all my food in the refrigerator. It caused a lot of trouble during that period.

After it was fixed in 2019, it was not cooling again in 2021, only 2 years after it was fixed. This time, unfortunately, it is more than 5 years warranty time so I have to pay $270 for the same issue and I threw all my food again. Very frustrated with the LG product which I have been purchasing for many years. Will not buy LG products anymore.

LG Refrigerators Company Information