3.35/5
Based on 2,260 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

LG Refrigerators Gallery (3)
View More View More

LG Refrigerators Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I’ve dealt with LG stuff through the years and the products that I’ve gotten seemed to work very well. Aside from TVs and others, being in the elevator business, I have bought and installed LG elevators, which were good quality products. We got an LG refrigerator and it works well. It keeps the food cool. And when it’s working right, it keeps the ice cream hard, and I like that. I was just having an issue with the food getting warm. Their technician came out within a day and a half and fixed it, but didn’t get it right on the first time.

When I told them it wasn’t working, they said they could come the following day, which was a Saturday. I was impressed that they came out even on a weekend. They took care of it early in the morning and got us up and running. So I was really happy. I had a big party planned and the technician got the refrigerator all fixed up before that. It started cooling down really well, and everything was fantastic. The technician was a nice gentleman, and very cooperative. He worked with us.

All-around, I was happy with the service that I got from LG. And I would be calling them again if I have any problems with the refrigerator. I’m happy that they have their own service department. A lot of times you get different companies that are servicing the product, and they gotta run to LG to get the parts. The guy we had here is directly connected with LG, so it’s part of their system. And I know, being in the business, that if you’re dealing with the in-house manufacturer, they have better availability of parts and technical support than a middleman. You get a couple of people down this chain, and now you gotta order the parts and it takes longer. But the guy we had was able to come with the parts and then he did the job, and that makes the difference. I would absolutely recommend them.

Hello Fred,

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We bought everything LG in the kitchen. My in-laws have Samsung and they had a lot of problems with their refrigerator. We've had our LG refrigerator for four years now. I like the quality of it, but we've had it repaired eight times. And I thought, maybe after the fifth time, they would say, "Eh, it's a lemon." Maybe they'd give us a new one, but they didn't. So, that was probably 15 hours of my time that I had to stand on getting it fixed.

The first time, I called LG and they immediately had a guy over the next day, which is unheard of. That was outstanding service. He replaced something and then, exactly five days later, it was out again. And this continued for seven times but it's finally fixed now. There's nothing else to replace except for the shelf. Nowadays, it's very difficult to get water separate from the ice. You almost have to flip a switch, and I think LG's new ones are this way. You flip a switch to do water after you put ice in it. I like the feature of two different places.

I wish LG had better training on the repairmen. The last thing the repairman fixed was the condenser in the freezer. And I believe that was the problem the whole time. He would've saved LG a ton of money, and me as a customer a ton of time, by being able to diagnose it a little better instead of replacing every part on it. But I would definitely recommend LG. They always answered my call and they always tried. Their customer service is outstanding. The fridge had some problems, but in the end, they fixed it and made the situation right.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I needed a dishwasher. LG had a whole set of stuff on sale and I thought it looked good. So I bought it all including the refrigerator and the washer. I also use LG phones, so I like their products. Within an hour after the service people left and delivered, I noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. We then had multiple appointments. The guy came out twice and he didn’t have what he needed. Then we had more appointments that were cancelled. Finally, I had one that they cancelled and when I called the vendor that I had been dealing with, they told me that I had to refile my claim. I then got a hold of LG directly and I found out that the vendor had ordered in a wrong door and all this time, they never returned it, so LG never sent them a replacement. So the vendor kept scheduling an install and they expected me to have the door. The vendor was not knowledgeable at all.

It took about nine months to get the refrigerator done. But I love it. My favorite feature is that little extra door on it, but the shelving is not adjustable enough. I can’t get them on the height I would like them. And on the dishwasher, the settings are not made for American dishes. It’s small in the rack and certain spaces, and not as flexible as my older one was and it seems to not hold as many dishes, either.

Hello Clovia,

Thank you for notifying LG of the issues you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of the experience we want for our valued customers. We would be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

Original review: July 16, 2019

I was happy with the young man that repaired our refrigerator. He was professional and completed his work within a timely manner. I was disappointed in LG for not trusting me, I told the lady the compressor was not running. The fan and lights were working, just not the compressor. The temperature in the refrigerator was 65 degrees plus. I also told her I had heard the compressor running loud a few days before and now nothing. If the lady at LG had trusted me, the part could have been ordered and here or with repairman when he arrived here the first time and I could have my refrigerator repaired and running a week earlier.

I am all not happy that repairs had to be done within the first few years of owning it. I understand that this is a regular occurrence on refrigerators now. Disappointed in the integration of the companies putting in place planned obsolescence. I have a 25 year old refrigerator that is still running and has never had repairs done to it. The big profits for the companies, is not good for the consumers or the landfills. I am thankful for the warranty that did cover the parts and the lady at LG for covering the labor repairs. I am just sorry that I have to be without my refrigerator for a extended period of time.

Hello Edith,

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve known about LG Refrigerators for a long time and I liked its design. I was so excited to find it. I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I like the adjustable shelf although I wish there are more shelves that are more adjustable. Also, I can have shelves on either side of the refrigerator at different heights. I wanted a single-door refrigerator and it's a double-door but it’s alright. It looks nice and it’s fine. However, I’m not happy that my freezer keeps frosting up.

It took five or six calls to get someone to come out and look at the freezer when it was frosting up. So, it took several weeks. If I was working, I probably wouldn’t have been able to stay on top of that and now, I have the problem again. I bought another refrigerator because mine was frosting so much and I couldn’t keep anything in there frozen. Now, I’m getting a space problem. I’ve had it a few months. The motor seems to be working fine and the refrigerator seems to be keeping the right temperature but there’s something wrong with the seal on the freezer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I love my LG Inverter Linear refrigerator that I bought last year. But yesterday, I went to fill a glass with the water dispenser, and it wouldn't SHUT OFF! I had water everywhere. I had to lock the system and now the dispensing light won't turn off. I'm disappointed that this has happened when the refrigerator isn't even a year old. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a problemed appliance.

Hello Rose,

My goodness, we hate to see that you experienced an issue with your water dispenser and feel awful about the mess it made. I see that you already have repair scheduled for 10/22 with Anderson Appliance Service, however I will be reaching out to you via telephone to check on you and make sure that everything goes as expected with your repair.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The compressor on our fridge went out 2 weeks ago. We told customer service it was the compressor. A repair man came 3 days later. He let us know the compressor was bad. We already knew this! Did he have the part with him? No. He ordered the part. It’s on backorder. No one can tell us when the fridge will be repaired. Meanwhile, I’m using a cooler for food for our family of four and shopping daily to get ice and meat. This is nuts and the whole thing feels like a scam. I’m going to have to buy a new fridge soon and it will definitely not be an LG.

Hello Den,

Please reconsider and allow us to assist. In a private message can you send me your phone number, model and serial number so that I can take care of you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Since the day I bought my LG fridge I have had issues, a leaky water dispenser and frost building up in my freezer so I can’t use it. LG has sent repair here at least 9 times and they refuse to replace the fridge. There is always an excuse. The freezer door has been replaced 3 times and repair just left and LG had them here to verify that the fridge needs replacing. Once again they refuse to do so and are ordering another freezer door. Customer service lies to you on the phone and you just keep going around in circles. I spent a lot of money on this fridge as a replacement after our house being hit by a tornado and I am appalled at the treatment we have received! Shame on you LG! If I could rate it a zero I would!

Hello Laurie,

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have had my LG Refrigerator for 4 years and I am now have to have it repaired for the 3rd time. This time (Oct 3rd 2019), the repair company that LG is using SUCKS. They never came out when they were supposed to. But they reported that the Fridge repair was completed. IT WAS NOT!!!! Then the repair company called me on Oct 4th and said that their repair Tech can not come out until Oct 16th because he is sick and that he is the only Tech to service my area. So here it is Oct 16th and still no Tech. So I called the warranty place and they said that the repair company ordered parts for the repair. Funny on how they ordered parts when they never came out to look at what was wrong. The Tech must have ESP! The warranty company said that they will talk to LG and then get back to me. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY LG or Recommend an LG Product to anyone. In my opinion, LG Refrigerators are CRAPPY!

Hello Barry,

We hate to hear that you have had such a negative experience and this is not indicative of how we want our customers to feel. In a private message can you share the model and serial number for your refrigerator so that I can review all options for you?

Thank you.

Resolution response: Oct. 18, 2019

LG went above and beyond my expectations and consider the issue resolved.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

The refrigerator started forming ice inside the top compartment after around 10 months. Luckily the issue was fixed under warranty. Now at under two years we are getting a dhF code and the tech just left. We need a new motherboard and a defrost heater and we are no longer under warranty. Two issues in under two years is not what one would expect for a $2500 refrigerator. I purchased due to the high rating on Consumer Reports. Disappointed to say the least and worried what will go wrong next.

Hello James,

We hate to hear that you are experiencing an issue. That is not indicative of how we want our customers to feel. Please send me a private message with your model and serial number so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs