1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2497 LG Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We purchased an LG refrigerator model #LFXS30766S from Lowe's for around $2400.00 a little over three years ago. Recently that refrigerator just died and we lost all of our food and had a water mess to clean up. We contacted Lowe's and of course the extended warranty expired just a few months prior and they could do nothing for us short of selling us a new refrigerator.

We contacted LG and they agreed that it was probably a bad compressor which they warranty for ten years. They sent a new compressor and associated parts directly to our house and contacted a local appliance repair company to come and do the repairs. That's when the nightmare really began. The repair company scheduled us 8 days out and when the repairman showed up he said he couldn't fix it then because it was a three hour job and he needed more parts. We were rescheduled for another 11 days out.

The day before that appointment it was canceled for unknown reasons. The next scheduled appointment was a week away. This time a different repairman showed up and he had no idea that someone had already been there previous and that the compressor and parts were at the house. He left to go get refrigerant and we never heard from him again. That was day 26 without a refrigerator. I finally just contacted a recommended local appliance repairman and he came and replaced the compressor the next day. What a nightmare! We'll never buy another LG appliance EVER, and will warn everyone we know to avoid them also.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We purchased our refrigerator in August 2016. In February 2019 it stopped freezing and cooling. I called LG and the customer service (800 243 0000) and was scheduled for a service call the following morning. Based on the description of the problem the customer service rep advised there would be no charge for the service call or repair. (She didn't advise why, I didn't ask because I was thrilled after reading the other horror stories on this site.) The technician, Bryan ** called me about 15 minutes after the call to confirm our appointment the following morning and ask me about the problem so that he could ensure he had what he needed on the truck to make the repair.

The next morning Bryan called when he was on his way to my house. (Within the time window that was scheduled. Another thing that doesn't happen that often that people actually show up in the time frame they are supposed to.) He began working at 10AM and finished by just after 11AM. He would courteous and very competent in making the repair. It turned out to be a failed/faulty compressor which was replaced with a new one. I already loved the fridge, I am extremely pleased with the customer care by all three LG employees I worked with in this transaction. Thanks!!!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

BUYER BEWARE. LG is the worst appliance brand to ever purchase. Please avoid getting anything from them, as I have had the worst experience with their customer service and major appliance I purchased from them. I purchased my refrigerator from hhgregg (which is now out of business, my luck) about 4 years ago. Maybe within a month of this huge investment, we started to have issues with the ice machine. We have had service call numerous times over the ice machine, which is quite shocking all for a simple standard feature on a refrigerator. Thank God we were still under warranty for the ice maker replacements, and even still after the repairs, we continued to have issues with the ice machine.

After hhgregg went out of business, so did our warranty servicing. Then, about a month ago, the compressor went out. Thinking that LG would stand by their products and offer servicing, that was not the case. From reading past postings, they are completely aware of the problems with the compressor failing on this model. They had a technician come out who confirmed that the compressor went out and to fix would be $$$$ (costly), and offer a 90-day warranty. The technician recommended that it wasn’t worth it and to go with a completely different brand! I was in complete shock! However, I truly appreciated his honesty, since it confirms that LG don't stand behind their products. Such a huge waste of money and disappointment. So, unless you have money to throw away, stay away from LG refrigerators. MODEL: LFX31925ST.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

LG doesnt care that they sell an inferior product. Buyer beware. Bought from Costco and have no resolution from them or LG. Their French door lacks a door suppressor like other brands. Despite proper leveling it slams shut and shakes your whole house. Too bad you can't test drive a Refrigerator and find this out ahead of time. It's no wonder other problems occur as the constant shaking has got to be bad for electronics and parts.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Bought an LG French Doors and drawers refrigerator 2016. Numerous issues with it and the sad thing about it LG doesn’t support their consumer at ALL! You would think after replacing 2 compressors, condenser, evaporator, 2 motherboards, 2 ice makers, and replaced both French Doors due to electrical shortages. It would make sense to replace the whole refrigerator, right? It’s a lemon! No, I’ve now been rejected 3 times from LG for a replacement refrigerator. I continue to have ice maker issues along with the compressor is very loud with a piercing noise. I just want to unplug it. Lost food because of this piece of junk refrigerator. I’m beyond frustrated and furious with LG! DO NOT BUY LG. Worse customer service ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I purchased this refrigerator on Jan 25, 2016 from Home Depot. I didn't actually use it until after renovating my home so it was put in service in July 2016. In January 2017 we lost refrigeration. This was the start of what felt like never ending problems. Because the fridge was less than one year old we had to use LG, not the Home Depot extended warranty.

LG responded that they would have a service person there after 4 days. In the interim, we lost all of our food and had no refrigeration. I complained about the delay and they fundamentally didn't care. The repairman came and could not repair it. He ordered parts which would take several days. I complained again to LG and said we had a lemon but they would not replace the fridge and we had no cooling. And the fact we were without the appliance did not matter to them. The parts came, they were installed and the fridge did not work.

LG said they would send another repairman which again took a few days. They would not acknowledge we had a lemon and they had ZERO empathy about our situation. They did not care that our $3,000 brand new fridge did not work and we had nothing. BTW we had also purchased a new LG washer and dryer the same day as the fridge but that meant nothing to them. It was a $5,300 order. I contacted Home Depot, who were wonderful. They sent us a small fridge to use.

The new repairman came. He said they need different parts. He picked them up himself the next day. He installed them and the fridge worked...for a few days. We had returned the Home Depot loaner fridge, we were assuming the problem was fixed. Then we lost cooling again! I contacted LG, they said we would get a repairman in a few days! I contacted Home Depot and they sent another loaner fridge. It took another 3 weeks and a few visits by different people before it was repaired. I put in a formal request for a replacement and LG refused it. Essentially saying that notwithstanding our problems, it was repairable and not a LEMON. Of course they knew their warranty would run out so if it was a LEMON they obviously did not care.

Today is February 10, 2019. My extended warranty ran out on Jan 25th, 2019. I couldn't buy a further extension (I tried to) because the "original price of the fridge was too high for an extension". That worried me given the history of problems. I was able to extend my washer and dryer and I did. Yesterday, the compressor started making a noise again. The same noise we had before the other failures. Although, the warranty expired Home Depot will service it because they have a 30 day grace period. Thank you Home Depot. You are an honorable business. LG, you are terrible. This fridge is a LEMON and should have been replaced. No-one should have this many problems and now be faced with future bills because of your company's failure to honor the quality of a product you make. LG is not an honorable manufacturer. Stay away from their products.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I will try to get to the point. 5 yr old French door fridge stopped cooling. Called customer service to diagnose problem. Used Bluetooth feature to diagnose over the phone. They told us the bottom door was not closing properly and to have repairman come out. Repairman said it was the compressor. Took a week for the new part to arrive and repair to be done. When I asked why LG didn't diagnose the compressor as the problem over the phone...he told us they don't like to tell people bad news. Wow!!! Really LG? We are using our warranty through Home Depot to be reimbursed for the loss of food and repairs. I would not recommend LG to anyone. The heart of the fridge shouldn't go out after 5 years. And paying extra for cool features like self diagnosis...was a waste!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do not waste your money on anything LG. Bought a refrigerator. Within 7 months it stopped working. Sent a tech out. Fixed the problem. Now the refrigerator again is down, 4 years old, compressor went. Lost everything in the refrigerator because no error codes came up on it. Had the compressor, filter dryer and evap. Of course LG knows there's problems with their refrigerators, it been a known problem, but you still have to pay for labor. Well lo and behold. All that replaced and the piece of junk still not working. Will not take a charge. Tech company called LG to deem it unrepairable, now they want them to fix the capillary tubes and replace them. Since they want that repaired, I asked if they were paying for the labor? Of course not.

Look into it before purchase. Many Lawsuits over the same issue. Even if the repair is successful 3 months down the road you're fixing it again. Almost a month still no refrigerator and $400 worth of food in the garbage. The customer service reps know it's an issue and agree you'll be fixing it again and again but their PCP department for the techs still insist on having repair after repair done. Please do research on their products before you purchase. LG stand for Luxurious Garbage. Now I'm just bringing them to small claims court. Oh forget any repair place coming to change out the capillary tubing. NO ONE WILL EVEN TOUCH IT. Thanks LG for the Luxurious Garbage you sell, stick with TVs.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased an LG French Door Refrig in Sep 2013 from HD at a hefty cost of $3,046, including 5 yr warranty. The fridge worked fine until 5 months after the extended warranty ran out. The units refrigerator and freezer areas stop cooling. I called LG service center and they diagnosed a failed compressor. They referred me to 5 authorized reps within 50 miles of my residence. None of the service reps wanted to touch the unit. They stated that LG refrigerators had high linear compressor failure rate plus LG was delinquent in remitting payment for their services rendered. LG's compressors are warranted for 10 yrs. but purchasers must pay for all labor and trip charges. The authorized reps stated the average cost of to replace the compressor was between $600-$1200. This is no way that I would invest this amount of money for such a high failure product. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We purchased our LG refrigerator in December 2012. It was a bottom freezer unit with French doors in stainless steel. A 36 inch wide model that set us back just over $1200. It was a good looking appliance with nice features but not very durable. In November 2018, just weeks before Thanksgiving, the compressor failed. I got online and read numerous horror stories about dealing with LG to have the unit repaired. I was coming up with estimates of around $900 to repair. We found the quickest way to solve our problem was to write it off as a bad decision and get something else. When we were purchasing our new one, not affiliated with LG of course, the salesperson at the store said her LG only lasted two years. I guess we were fortunate to get almost six years before ours gave up the ghost. I have heard newer appliances are not as durable as older models. But something this costly should last for at least ten years if it is taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I am very disappointed with LG product. I have had a broken refrigerator since December 25, 2018. The first time a technician from LG had come to fix it was December 30th. The technician has been coming back every week since then and it is still not fixed. It's only been 17 months since I've purchased this refrigerator and it has not been working properly for more than two months. I bought it on July 4, 2017. The first repair was on 10/30/17, the second on 03/23/18, and the third on 05/15/18.

Now I don't have working refrigerator again. I need someone to take action or I am going to take legal measures. This seems like an issue not just I but many other customers have had and the issue is still not being resolved. Not only is this a time consuming process but also a financial loss. Since not having a fridge for over a month, we haven't been able to buy store food and only take out. This not only takes even more money out of my pocket but requires me to take time off work because of all the appointments. Not only is the fridge not working but the last time a technician came on January 25, 2019 he scratched the fridge and left a black burn mark. I am so frustrated and disappointed with not only a product but the services. I would really just like my money back so that I can buy a new, scratch free, and working fridge. I have attached the pictures of the damage.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

NEVER PURCHASE A LG PRODUCT! I purchased all new appliances for my kitchen. Less than 10 months ago. The seal cracked and the light stays on constant. The sensor is very annoying. Going off all hours of the night. I have called Lowe’s to get nothing but a runaround, called LG numerous times, one service man showed up and never returned. The next appliance repair man notified me and cancelled due to LG not paying service providers for their work. On top of when I call LG, I am placed on hold for over an hour every single phone call and never make any lead way. I actually filed a claim the beginning of November 2018 and just a few days ago they tried to say my warrant had expired. I am irate and feel with all the complaints I have read on here, the company should be shut down by consumer service.

How ridiculous to take advantage of consumers. Also, their extended warranty is just like throwing money into a fire. So useless! I have never been so upset over a purchase of any appliance like I am today with LG. I will never purchase another LG product nor will I ever shop at Lowe’s again! Less than one year old and no one will stand good for this “Lemon” of a refrigerator. I hope these people that treat others so bad get what they deserve after leaving this earth. Some of us work hard, do the right thing, and get walked on by shysters like LG.

Very, very sad! I teach children to make the right choices in life. How upsetting to have to deal with inconsiderate businesses like LG. I really feel for the people that work for them. I would be embarrassed to admit that I worked for a business like LG. If you can’t afford to stand good for your products, you should just quit building junk!!! It’s a big rip off! LG is JUNK! They will never get my business again. BEWARE of THEIR LEMON PRODUCTS!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I will never buy from LG again! This has been a horrible experience. This is the 2nd time our fridge went out. 1st time frost build up at the back of the fridge and it wouldn't stay cold. We lost $250 in food. This time it completely went out and lost $500 in food plus 2 days off work without pay to have a repairman, who was sent by LG not do anything at all. The repairman told us the compressor and other components had to be replaced. He told us this isn't guaranteed because it's known that LG has compressor issues. It's just a bandaid for the inevitable. Today he was supposed to be here at 8:00 am. No call, no show and no explanation! And... 2 weeks now without a fridge. Completely disappointed. This was not a cheap fridge. Don't buy this product! Read all reviews.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My husband purchased a LG refrigerator a year and half ago and the compressor is already out. We purchased the extended warranty plan. A technician came out and identified the problem as the compressor. Two weeks later it has not been repaired. The first time the parts were not in. No one call to let us know that no one would show up so we sat for 2 hours waiting for the technician. The second time someone called and cancelled. I am waiting for a third appointment. They have a food replacement form that the technician is supposed to give you once the repair is complete. So I have not been reimbursed for the lost food or the numerous restaurant meals I have purchased since I do not have a refrigerator. This feels like a scam to me.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Ordered an LG fridge in December because it's the only one that will fit in the space I have. Suppose to be delivered on Jan 19, 2019... The night before I got a call saying it won't be delivered because they don't have it. After many calls and the runaround I found out it was a "system error" and I will get my new fridge in a week. Still no fridge and still getting the runaround from customer service saying I shouldn't be calling them, Home Depot should... This is the worst company to deal with and I would love to return this fridge before it ever gets here. If it ever does! I am running a family of four and working full time with a beer fridge lent to me by Home Depot! Totally ridiculous, and very unacceptable. They are offering no compensation for my time or inconvenience of not having a fridge I ordered and paid for already!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I only wish I would have done more research before purchasing our LG Refrigerator. It lasted one year and six months before it just quit cooling and freezing. I have been dealing with LG Customer service for the past three weeks and I can honestly say I have never experienced such inadequate and disingenuous customer service in my life. If you purchase an LG Refrigerator after reading all of these horror stories you would unfortunately deserve what you’ll end up with. A big beautiful stainless steel box that is useless.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Our refrigerator is less than three years old. Bought it from local Sears store. Right after Christmas it began to not cool as well and finally quit all together new year's. Called Sears. Local guy came out but out of warranty. Also they are closing or store so they couldn't service. Sears guy told me it was the compressor and that LG AND SAMSUNG both knew had bad compressors but they would sell them anyway. It is now four weeks later and service tech due out next week. After reading reviews I do not hold out much hope. I will never every buy LG again. Every LG appliance I've purchased has been crap. Just replaced a 3 year old washing machine too.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I bought this refrigerator at Sears with the extended warranty and after a year I haven't noticed it rusting around the ice and water dispenser. I've called Sears. I've called LG and Sears flat out says they do not cover rust on their extended warranties and LG doesn't want to hear about it after a year. I've had plenty of problems with the ice maker. Makes ice until the bin is full and then it tends to freeze up and not eject ice out anymore. 2 things you can take away from this review is not to buy from Sears and do not buy an LG refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Compressor warranty 10 years. Fridge installed 09/07/2017. Compressor failed 01/18/19. Compressor worked for little more than a year. Fridge cost over $2k. I am 65 and have never had a fridge compressor fail.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We have had an LG refrigerator for 6.5 years (Model LFC25765ST). It stopped cooling one day. When I called LG Canada's Customer Service Center (in Manila, Philippines) the agents were all very pleasant and professional. However, the experience to get a qualified technician out to support or repair the problem was beyond belief! The management in charge of this division, or divisions responsible to coordinate, and execute on field service and repair are irresponsible and doing incredible damage to the LG brand. Because LG insists on doing the services themselves, the experience is HORRIBLE! They have 'authorized' a very small number of local companies/technicians to do warranty work as well, but the list is really short, and should include a much larger list of qualified service techs.

I have 3 LG appliances currently. When I bought them, they were all serviceable by the company/dealer I bought them from. LG changed that a few years back, and really screwed up the potential to have appliances repaired by qualified companies with a positive experience. The details of all the pitfalls of my experiences over a 6 day period and my 9 different calls to the customer service group are too numerous to list here. JUST AVOID using LG techs to perform service if you already have an LG appliance, and AVOID BUYING any LG appliances no matter what!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

My LG Fridge Model # LFX28977ST caught on fire. We purchased it 8+ years ago and stopped using the ice maker and water dispenser 3 years ago. It stopped working 3 times and we had it repaired twice but by the third time we turned the ice maker off and shut off the water valve. 3 nights ago it make a noise and my kitchen filled with smoke. We opened the door and found the ice maker black and melted from the fire. All my food was contaminated.

I was on the phone with LG to find out it’s not under warranty, no recall is on this model and was offer a technician to come and see if it’s repairable if I pay $125 upfront. I said, "No thanks." They opened a ticket with their safety department and said someone will contact me in 24 to 48 hours. It’s been 2 days. No one called. I expect appliances to break down and stop working but not to catch fire and blow up. My stove is right next to the fridge, we are lucky the fire was contained. This fridge needs to be pulled off market.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Loved my French door refrigerator. Today, noticed freezer not too cold. Cleaned back of fridge, nothing changed. Went on website, said contact service. Put in zip code, gave me a service place 30 plus. Ike’s away. Called repair service under 5 miles away, only to be told I am the second customer TODAY with this fridge problem. “Very common problem with LG. They knew they had issues with the compressors.” Well, I am grateful my 2004 Kenmore fridge is still working fine, no repairs ever, because all my food is in there now. Told compressor will take a few days... Have an LG dishwasher have no issues. Guess what, no more LG appliances for me. If they knew there was a problem, step up and fix it. I think that’s all we would expect. Stand behind your product. Do the right thing. Fix the issue and pay for all expenses not just the compressor. Your fridge was not cheap!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Bought this LG fridge (model LFX31925SW) in 2013. In 2016 the linear compressor went out on it and we had to toss out all our food. We paid $90 to have it fixed (parts were covered under the 10 year warranty and labor under an extended warranty). It took almost 2 full weeks to get it fixed. Now, 3 years later the linear compressor has gone out AGAIN!!! This time the labor will cost us $540 to fix because the extended warranty we purchased through Home Depot expired. This fridge is going to the landfill and we will be purchasing a new fridge that is not LG. It's just ridiculous to need to replace such a major component every 3 years.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Purchased an LG refrigerator 5 years ago at a cost of approx 3000US from Brandsmart USA in South Florida. The unit was shipped to Trinidad and Tobago W.I. The compressor failed a week ago. LG boasted of a 10 yr warranty on the linear compressor. After reviewing on the internet, it would seem that LG has a major problem with this model compressor FC75LBNA. and instead of doing a recall or ensuring the problem with the compressors are fixed, they continue to sell the same compressor with the same fail issue.

My local service tech who inspected the refrigerator said every other LG unit he attended to had this exact problem. (Yes there are more suckers like me here in our country who got fooled by LG) Long and short LG USA said my warranty is void because the unit was shipped out of the USA. This was not told to me by the sales rep at Brandsmart who were quite happy to take my money. So now I either throw out a 3000US unit or import a compressor and quite likely experience the same problem again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Purchased new refrigerator from RC Willey 18 months ago with our new house, have had an LG frontload washer and dryer for over 7 years without an issue. Fridge had great reviews and we really liked the door-in-door. Has worked flawlessly until yesterday. Found water all over the floor (luckily we found it quickly and cleaned it up, it would have eventually ruined our laminate floors (except I have not pulled out the fridge to check underneath). Checked with the manual and went through all the troubleshooting, nothing worked. Called customer service, and they quickly set-up a case number and scheduled a technician to come and see what is wrong.

Had the service company call me the next day and confirm an appointment for the following day (Good so far, right? Except all of our frozen food is thawed. Luckily my wife is a florist and she has a floral cooler that we put our refrigerated items in). Two hours later the same person called back and said that they can't do the service call, they do not do LG warranty work. They would call LG and have them schedule someone else. Wanting to make sure that no-one dropped the ball, having no fridge/freezer is a major inconvenience, I called LG service back and asked if the cancellation had been taken care of and a new service company scheduled. It had not.

The customer service person was apologetic and said that they needed to get an authorized service company scheduled to come service the refrigerator, because not all companies are equipped to handle cooling issues. Why wasn't this already figured into the request? The person also let me know that the service will hopefully get set up tomorrow (Friday 1/18/2019), and I should hear back next Monday or Tuesday. They gave me another case number. So I went back to the original text response I received from LG Customer Service, it indicated an authorized repair service located 68 miles away. Except I called them and they won't do any work on LG refrigerators without a work authorization code from LG.

A cooling issue? They told me they aren't equipped to work on LG cooling issues anyway. So then I started looking on-line to see if this was a common problem. Way too many nightmare customer service stories for an issue that is an obvious defect. I would not choose to be without a fridge/freezer for any length of time, and would want to replace it with another product quickly. Pretty disappointed in this product that was pretty expensive.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

LG is by far the worst refrigerator you can buy. It failed in 4 years due to a badly designed linear compressor. LG didn't ship the correct parts. They outsource it all to A and E appliance who is also an incompetent company who's scheduling is so bad its been two weeks and I still don't have a working refrigerator. They don't care at all. I can't even express the hoops I have jumped through and hours of talking on the phone that I have had to endure. I was holding on out of principle but the refrigerator is now heading to the landfill. I can't waste my time anymore. Not only will I be actively discouraging anyone to purchase a LG refrigerator but also doing any form of business with the company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My LG refrigerator stopped working yesterday at 3 years old. So LG covers the part but I have to pay $572.00 to have the new compressor installed. And on top of that the parts are a week out and I cannot set up the service appointment to replace the bad compressor until I have the parts in hand. And I was told LG is very bad at getting the parts out. So once parts are in hand I need to set up the appointment and oh by the way they are 2 weeks out because there is only guy that can fix this LG compressor. So that make 3 weeks without a fridge. So I am upset with LG. I looked in my house and I have an LG washer and dryer, 2 TV, sound bar and stove. Do you want to guess who is done with LG products? THIS GUY!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My LG bottom freezer refrigerator was 4 months old when it started to emit a chemical odor that permeated the foods and made them inedible. It smelled similar to the smell that it had when it was new that the manual said would disappear a few days after running it and it did go away. I called LG, and they sent a repairman, who opened the door, said he could smell nothing and that was it. Over 2 months, I called LG and I got the run-around until finally they said they will do nothing. I replaced the fresh air filter at 6 months to see if that would help, and it knocked the odor back for a few days, but then the odor just came back. Now, I have a brand new refrigerator sitting in my kitchen that is totally useless. Do not buy this refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My LG refrigerator went out after 1.5 years. Got it from Home Depot Evansville Indiana. Called them first. They gave me the LG number. Called LG. They gave me a case number and "approval" number?? for no charge to fix its parts. Repairman they sent just looked at the model and serial numbers and said these can't be fix. He said LG has a lawsuit against them because they can't be repaired. He left and was to call us back. No call ever came from him. Called LG back. Told Richard (same person I spoke with the first time). He again said as before no repair person in our local area. He will notify their "scheduling" department again. Would take 1 to 2 days to get back with us. Still No Call Back. NEVER BUY LG PRODUCTS. Attorney time!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

2 and 1/2 years old and dead - Bad sealed system. Leaking Freon. How much to repair. "Don’t bother" says serviceman. Will cost as much as new fridge. Not happy at all. Last Kenmore lasted 15 years. Why is Home Depot selling this junk?

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar, is a Korean appliances company. The company, based in Chaebol, South Korea, has been in business since 1947.

• Storage options: LG refrigerators come with different drawers and doors in a variety of configurations to offer customers the best storage options available.

• Door-in-door: LG sells door-in-door refrigerators. These are refrigerators with an extra door connected to the other door to grab snacks easily or keep things more organized.

• Energy Star: LG's refrigerators are Energy Star certified, so they use less energy.

• Accessories: The company also sells convenient accessories for its refrigerators, such as replacement water and air filters.

• Customization: LG's refrigerators can be customized so that homeowners can fit them into different sized spaces.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a refrigerator for everyday use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs