2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

BOTTOM LINE

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

PROS

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

CONS

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last while keeping their word on the productivity of these products and much much more...

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has triple doors. A double at the top and a single at the bottom. It has LED display and is a beautiful color. There is noth

LG Refrigerators Shop on Build.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

We recently bought our first home which had brand new LG appliances throughout the home; great! Major upgrade we thought. 2 months in and the freezer portion of the fridge has failed and the microwave has too... Only to find out we're not covered by any sort of warranty as we were not the initial purchases. Very frustrating experience after settling into our forever home. Do not buy LG for ANYTHING. Anticipating the failure of our washer and dryer as well.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello James. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Bought a beautiful $3k LG armoire fridge in Jan '16, worked great until it stopped in Sept '20. Compressor replaced, worked a week or so, failed again. LG contracts with A&E, they came back, said a clog & fixed. Worked a couple days, failed. A&E came again, ordered ANOTHER compressor and other parts, fixed again. Worked 1 day, started temp fluctuating, then quit after a couple days.

In the meantime, my numerous angry calls to LG resulted in promises of a new fridge after 3rd repair, reimbursement of food lost & mini fridge I had to buy. None of that has happened yet. Don't forget, every time I call to say it failed, it's another week or 2 until A&E can come back out. The waiting game is the most fun part. A&E back out today, this time says coolant leaked out, so since he could replace it LG won't honor the new fridge promise. So now I have to wait to see if it fails, I won't put anything in it just to lose it again. Oh, that's something else, when you lose all your food, and have to buy a mini fridge, you don't get reimbursed for both things, you have to choose one. Since I don't keep every receipt for every food purchase, I couldn't claim that, so I'm trying for the mini but not holding my breath.

To anyone reading, keep EVERY receipt, repair document, phone log, email, text. You may need them. Recording the conversations isn't a bad idea either, so you have proof of the gaslighting you will get. I've no doubt this beautiful $3 thousand dollar kitchen paperweight fridge will fail again soon. I will never buy anything else from this company. And LG, don't ask me to private message you as you have with the others. I'm not going to. You'll be hearing from me soon enough.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Tracie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

We bought our 4 door LG refrigerator in 2015 when we remodeled our home. It is by far the worst appliance purchase we have ever made. We've had the compressor fail and replaced early on, then the ice maker was replaced, then one of the glass doors cracked, and now the compressor has failed again. In both cases when the compressors failed, we have had to throw away the entire fridge full of food, which is very expensive for us. I understand that the technology in newer refrigerators may be more sensitive, and life expectancy may be less than what they used to be, but this has been an inexcusable experience with a very expensive appliance.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello R.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

"Purchased an LG LFCS22520S on 12/19/15. On October 8, 2019, after only 3 years 10 months, the refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling. Checked the condenser coils and they were clean. Compressor was running, but it was not warm, the fan was running, but, the coils were not cool. All food was moved to secondary fridge, but since the freezer thawed before we noticed (located in the garage), we could only save about 30% of the food, losing about $500 of seafood, steaks, roasts, pork loin, chicken, sausage, bacon, & racks of ribs thrown out today."

I called a couple of service people, and they both said replacing the compressor would run $600-$800 and since they use the same compressor replacement, it might also fail. They recommended not to fix it, I sent in a claim of reimbursement to the law firm for the civil suit, but heard nothing. I took it to the dump! DON'T buy an LG, even if its lowest price, it will fail early and cost you more when you have to go buy a new refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response
    Hello Frank. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I have had an LG fridge for a few months and it has stopped cooling correctly, and the ice and water dispenser do not work. I have tried LG customer service 4 times and, on my last call, have asked to speak with a manager. They all say the same thing, promising a resolution, though nothing happens. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks to get help with my problem, but help has not come. I would purchase any other large appliance from anyone but LG, if I were you.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jason. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I do love the French door refrigerator with the exterior water and ice dispenser. I did have difficulty with the exterior coating (called black stainless steel, which it is not) chipping off and had to fight tooth and nail to get anything done because they called it a cosmetic issue. I was not. It kept flaking. It was a defect in the coating. The refrigerator itself has been easy to clean, has multiple shelf options, and I love the wide drawer at the bottom. The freezer also has a top drawer to keep all those smaller things that can get lost in the bottom of a freezer. Also space enough for me to separate my meat from everything else, so I can see quickly what I need to replenish. The ice maker is great! Options to make extra if you're having guests is a great feature and you can switch from cube to crushed.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Patricia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

After just over two years, both refrigerator & freezer stopped cooling. Our utility company provides 'Appliance Protection' service, however, after waiting a month, the technician informed me that it is the compressor. When we purchased dry ice to save our frozen foods, I told the merchant about my problem. He told me at least a dozen people with LG or Samsung refrigerators had the same problem. The problem seems to be a common issue.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Peter. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Beautiful looking refrigerator! It is the first bottom freezer with upper french doors I have owned. I was very hopeful that the ice maker and water in the door would match my Kenmore. Almost. The ice cubes are a little smaller and don't last as long. It also connects to my phone and tells me if the power is off or the door is left open. I have never used this feature during the month I have owned the refrigerator. I was able to buy it on sale from Home Depot this summer and also use gift cards earned from my credit card. I am happy with the arrangement of the doors and shelves. The bottom drawer freezer allows for easier viewing and access. LG seems to be a great product thus far and I am happy with the purchase.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have a now ten-year old LMX25964 ST Refrigerator made by LG. It is a French door version with two pullout freezers underneath. It has worked flawlessly with one exception. The hinge wore out on the right side. There's just a piece of Delrin plastic that rides on the hinge. I started seeing powder from the metal grinding for like two years before I realized what was going on. Maybe I put too much weight on that door. I now store the milk on the solid shelf off the door. It cost me about an hour looking at YouTube to figure out how to fix it and around $20 in parts.

The fix process went surprisingly well. I had predicted a disaster. Door came off easily as did the old hinge. I draped a towel in front while the power was off to retain the cool. In the old days we used to put the old fridge out in the garage after the remodel where it cooled beer for 20 more years. Those days are gone. I have a LG washer dryer combo that was very high end at the time of purchase. They have performed perfectly for ten years now. My LG dishwasher went bad two months after the warranty ran out. I took it apart, took one look and put it back together. Whatever I did it must have reset the circuit board or something. Works fine now.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I bought my LG fridge in 2017 and my wife and I woke up to the dreaded compressor failure on it this Sat morning. After reading the reviews on here we were prepared for a horrible experience and to have to go without a fridge/freezer for months with two young kiddos!! I was ready to swear off LG just as other reviewers on here, but here is the abbreviated details of what happened. * Called customer service on Sat. (Was nice to them when I called). * Was told there was an open time slot for this Monday (today) for tech to take a look. * My expectation based on reviews here was tech would show up; explain it would be a month for the part to come in and uff....

* Tech showed up today. Michael who works for LG direct service. He not only had a compressor on him to replace the default one but had all the tools to get it done today. He was very professional and and explained to me contrary to other reviews on here that LG has upgraded and improved their software and the compressors so hopefully this will not happen again. Only took him about 90min to get it all fixed as he knew his stuff! * Fridge is fixed and running only two days after I first called customer service on a weekend at no cost on labor or parts.

I don't write many reviews on anything but feel that this was deserving as I'm sure others had valid unpleasant experiences, but mine was a very positive one. If anyone else has this issues don't hit the panic button based on other's reviews. I don't know if it helped the cause but I was very calm and understanding when I called them to explain the problem as well. Products are going to have issues but I will judge a company based on how they deal with those problems and LG handled this very professional and I am very satisfied. Hopefully this repair holds up but if not if they deal with it the same way this one went they will retain me as a customer on future purchases. I do really like the fridge as well so 5 stars both for the fridge as well as the service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mike, Thank you for the response, if there are any issues and if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG Refrigerators Company Information