1.4/5 (84 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been looking for a new refrigerator/freezer unit for some time in anticipation in placing it in our new house. This unit fulfills all of our needs, it allows my wife to look in the freezer and look at everything at a glance instead of searching like she had to in our old one. The refrigerator portion is much more spacious and we have yet to fill it up yet. What I like is the ice and water dispenser on the outside of the unit, it is able to take my water bottles with room to spare instead of angling them in and getting ice and water all over the place.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

French door, bottom freezer. Freezer space very good & easy to use with drawer providing better access. Door for milk and other items reduces times opening refrigerator. Would prefer two larger veggie drawers instead of three. Has larger meat drawer at bottom which allows for many shaped items. Just check local area for repair centers just in case something may need to be repaired for any brand appliance purchased.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

LG refrigerator is very good and one of the best in the country. It is reliable because I have used one of it and it has helped me a lot. It has five years warranty which consumers can used the product free of charge and go for refund if the consumer wants. It life span is higher and does not consume energy. LG is international known and it can be seen in all part of the continent. The product is good for everybody including low income household.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I bought a 4 door LG refrigerator. It's a French door on top with 2 freeze drawers in the bottom. I paid about $50 more to get a counter depth which is fantastic for the space in my modular home with an air vent in front of the space. This model has plenty of space in the refrigerator compartment. It looks like changing the water filter will be easy and convenient.

It does have a drawer at the bottom which is nice but it would have been a better design if it would slide out when only one door is open on the refrigerator. You have to have both doors open to utilize the space. The same with the right side drawer that holds produce. You can't get it open all the way before the left edge hits the center strip of the left side French door. I have only had it a month so will have to do another review after 5 years. This LG is a replacement for a 4 1/2 year Samsung that had constant problems with the ice maker freezing up.. I Will never buy Samsung products again. Their Customer Service is atrocious.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Bought a new LG Refrigerator about 2yrs ago and since June have had nothing but problems..First the compressor went and I lost $500 in food plus paid for labour to replace ($400). Now it is not working again (3 mos later) and it is out again ($350. in food lost)..Worst purchase ever!!!!

Original review: May 28, 2022

LG LFXS29626S/1 Worked great for a while, replaced filters on time, then stopped getting cold at 5.5 years. Compressor and condenser fans are working, inside fans work, self test says good. Site suggested turn off for 5-10 minutes and no change. Tried 5 days, no change. Youtube suggested change compressor starter relay so did that and still doesn't work. Oh wait, there was a Class Action suit but apparently weren't told by LG so we missed the 30 Sep 2021 cut off.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I bought a brand new french door refrigerator from LG in early March 2022 and was required to "install" and put on the door handles myself. The french door handles attached well, but the freezer drawer/door handle will not attach because of the very specific and delicate inset screws that do not stay in place. I have called LG support more than 10 times now, each time receiving a new case number and they still have not sent a new part or a repair person to fix the defective handle. I am told the same "we'll help you this time" story and "it's being shipped right now" story, but it has been three months now!! It is out of the return window, but they will not honor the guarantee. So I have this very expensive fridge with a freezer drawer/door that is very difficult to open. Customer Service gives me the same lies each time.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Never purchase a product from LG. Our first refrigerator quit working after one month and LG refused to repair or replace it. We had to go through Home Depot to get a replacement. Our second refrigerator in 4 years quit working two weeks ago. There are no service technicians in our area so that is not an option. LG will not issue a refund as requested. We have just been getting the run around for weeks. I urge you to stay away from LG as both their products and their customer service is terrible.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Took advantage [at least we thought we were] of a 4th of July sale at a local Home Depot when the fridge we had, was hanging on by a thread. Narrowed it down to a Home Depot exclusive LG Model with the bottom freezer option. Wasn't a great deal at the time, but just needed one, on stock and delivered quickly. It became an even less of a deal about a 10 months in and it started making some awful noises randomly and the vegetable bin frame work, which is entirely plastic with recessed glass panels, cracked without any level of impact or stress, just the cold seemed to affect the cheap plastic.

One of the clear door shelves also started showing crackage...and spread significantly in a week's time. Such so, called LG to see if it was warranteed. They sent a new door shelf, the bin frame was on backorder with zero ETA. The shelf too 2 months to arrive. Then the fateful day arrived when opening the freezer revealed everything has thawed...The compressor was cycling and lost about 300 dollars worth of contents.

Called LG, they ran through a series of over the phone diagnostics. Nothing worked...and was told this was a Home Depot model that was made selectively for them, and parts were tricky, as he also stated it had a sealed compressor system and were expensive to fix. After an hour on the phone, he stated it was not under warranty and they could arrange a LG approved repair and was 6 weeks out. Told them it was unacceptable...as he also stated the compressors were sealed and very expensive to repair [1,000 bucks ++]. So lesson learned and decided to move on.

The lesson being, to never buy a store exclusive model, look more into the compressor system. If it's sealed, run don't walk away from these. The plastic they use is cheap, and the model selected was necessarily cheap, just ended up being a waste of time and money. Ended up replacing the frame work on Sears Parts Direct 3 weeks before the refrigerator died, to add insult to injury.

Replaced with a Fisher and Paykel and couldn't be happier. I would never buy another LG appliance based on the quality, the price or the fact that it had a sealed compressor unit. 1200 for the fridge, 225 for parts thrown into it to essentially became landfill fodder. The part of it all that's rings so hollow is LG states their refrigerators last 25 years. I barely got 4 or 5.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Fridge (French door double drawer freezer under) was delivered on 12/23/21. In March 2022 we came home to a mess of water all over the floor, water inside the fridge and under the fridge, we had to shut the water off to the fridge to prevent any further damage to our home, LG was called and they sent a technician out to arrive within a 4 hour window (he was 2 hrs past the 4 hour window). A whole day was lost waiting. The technician took a panel off the right door, pushed a hose back in and called it fixed, I asked him, "Is this going to happen again? Does it need any parts replaced?" He assured me it was fixed and the same problem would not happen again. Jump forward almost 45 days and the same issue, again LG was called. The customer service person really didn’t care. LG needs to replace this fridge. It has done enough damage to our home and we don’t trust the repair technician. Why do we not make anything in America? Tired of this.

LG Refrigerators Company Information