1.3/5 (66 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been looking for a new refrigerator/freezer unit for some time in anticipation in placing it in our new house. This unit fulfills all of our needs, it allows my wife to look in the freezer and look at everything at a glance instead of searching like she had to in our old one. The refrigerator portion is much more spacious and we have yet to fill it up yet. What I like is the ice and water dispenser on the outside of the unit, it is able to take my water bottles with room to spare instead of angling them in and getting ice and water all over the place.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

French door, bottom freezer. Freezer space very good & easy to use with drawer providing better access. Door for milk and other items reduces times opening refrigerator. Would prefer two larger veggie drawers instead of three. Has larger meat drawer at bottom which allows for many shaped items. Just check local area for repair centers just in case something may need to be repaired for any brand appliance purchased.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Have had the fridge about 15 years. During that time it required 3 repairs. Last issue was fridge compartment freezing. Technician was unable to identify or fix the source of the problem. Some plastic parts like vegetable drawers were flimsy and broke easily. Otherwise it was a stylish and good, quiet unit.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

LG refrigerator is very good and one of the best in the country. It is reliable because I have used one of it and it has helped me a lot. It has five years warranty which consumers can used the product free of charge and go for refund if the consumer wants. It life span is higher and does not consume energy. LG is international known and it can be seen in all part of the continent. The product is good for everybody including low income household.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I bought a 4 door LG refrigerator. It's a French door on top with 2 freeze drawers in the bottom. I paid about $50 more to get a counter depth which is fantastic for the space in my modular home with an air vent in front of the space. This model has plenty of space in the refrigerator compartment. It looks like changing the water filter will be easy and convenient.

It does have a drawer at the bottom which is nice but it would have been a better design if it would slide out when only one door is open on the refrigerator. You have to have both doors open to utilize the space. The same with the right side drawer that holds produce. You can't get it open all the way before the left edge hits the center strip of the left side French door. I have only had it a month so will have to do another review after 5 years. This LG is a replacement for a 4 1/2 year Samsung that had constant problems with the ice maker freezing up.. I Will never buy Samsung products again. Their Customer Service is atrocious.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

We bought our LG refrigerator with linear compressor on September 5, 2017 and bought a 5 year protection plan from Home depot. The fridge is no longer cooling as of September 13, 2022. I called LG and they referred me to home depot and home depot says there's nothing they can do since my warranty has expired. Do any of you out there have a similar issue with LG compressors going bad after only 5 years? I have an old Maytag refrigerator that I am using as a spare in the back yard that is almost 17 years old. I will never buy an LG/Samsung appliances again. Or from home depot for that matter.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I JUST NOW RECEIVED A TEXT INFORMING ME THAT SOMEONE IS COMING TO DO A REPAIR, NO HEADS UP, NO CALL TO MAKE SURE I'D BE HERE FOR THE APPOINTMENT. They made they have their own agenda with ZERO consideration for the customer. THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND if I could I'd give them a minus 5 if that were available. I set an appointment online in August and after not hearing anything from them called, contacted the president (that was useless) because after a month those arrogant people cancelled my appointment since they screwed up and said they don't have it... Funny thing I have a copy of the original request printed up on paper... They are the most unethical people I've ever dealt with. SAMSUNG IS A MUCH BETTER PRODUCT AND COMPANY!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Writing this review to reinforce what is already known about these refrigerators, they stop freezing. Bought in 2011, it stopped really freezing goods not too long after we bought it. Completely stopped freezing in the 9th year, paid labor to put in warranty-supported compressor, two years later it is not working. I think 10 years is not long for a refrigerator, it saddens me to think of adding this one to our collective junk heap and having to find another. My previous fridge lasted 20 years. Nay.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I bought a refrigerator from LG in 2019 and it's still under warranty and in 2022 it has stopped working. So I have called their warranty department for service repair. They have given me the run around for 2 weeks, then they finally find a repair so they say and they never show up nor does the phone number work they gave me. So now I have to wait another 3-5 days for them to find another service person to repair the refrigerator. It's going on 2 weeks I have 4 kids to feed and they are not doing anything about their so called high priced, high value of a refrigerator. Customer service is poor. Every time I call it's like calling the very first day it broke and starting a new work order. They only refund up to $250 worth of food loss, which for a house of 5 is not enough. I'm very upset and will never buy an LG anything in my life again. Oh and still waiting for the refrigerator repair man to show up.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I have one of the refrigerators with the know compressor issue, purchased less than 5 years ago. It went out at least 2 weeks ago (I wasn't home). I called LG for service 2 weeks ago. 1 week went by and I hadn't heard back so I called again. At first I was told that a repair person was scheduled to come out that day, I was confused because no one had contacted me to schedule. I was then told that was a mistake, they'd sent the request to the field service dept and it had been sent back to LG due to no technicians available.

Someone dropped the ball and didn't contact me. I stated that if repair could not be scheduled, I needed a replacement. I was assured the issue was being escalated and if the repair couldn't be done in the policy window of 15 day a replacement was an option. Several calls, emails, text messages of scheduling, canceling and rescheduling I'm told that LG no longer offers replacement but only a retroactive payment depending on the age of the fridge. Finally, I have an appointment scheduled but it's outside of the 15 day window and At this point I learn that the 15 day window is fluid, depending on the inability of LG to schedule a tech, it could be 30 days! From someone in the Vice-presidents office, the policy changed 2 weeks ago, being the day I initially called.

How is it ethical to sell someone a product with stated warranty information, have lawsuits for the same known failure and when someone raises the issue the policies are changed to suit the company's needs? Shouldn't new policies and warranty changes be applied to newly purchased items? I've lost between $500-$600 in groceries, frozen meat and medication, as well as spending another $15-$25 dining out and trying to keep medications (human and pet) on ice, for over 2 weeks.

I'm already out an average of $830 and may or may not actually have my warranty repair done in 2 days, as currently scheduled on a known faulty compressor. I know you see a ton of bad reviews because people are angry for one reason or another but PLEASE escalated issues such as this. A warranty is supposed to be legally binding, as published on date of purchase. Not some "fluid" policy that is constantly altered to fit the needs of a company that cannot figure out how to properly address their known shortcomings.

LG Refrigerators Company Information