Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I was so excited about getting the French door, two drawer model. I have two complaints. First one is the shelves. I have more tall bottles than the fridge accommodates, then there is a short space behind that I can set something in but you have to remove the tall bottles to get to it. The main complaint is the icemaker. The ice balls come out great, it makes 3 a day, however the crushed and cubed work for about a week then nothing for a week then suddenly it's working again.

We called customer service they referred us to the local technician who apparently hates his job. He would not even come out to look at the problem. He said he would order a new icemaker. At this time the fridge was only 3 weeks old. We had to keep calling him back to check on the new part. Then he never came out with the part until after the 3rd time he said he would come. Then he wouldn't speak to us. After about a month the icemaker quit for a week then started up again and so on. I ordered ice trays on Amazon. No way we will deal with that repairman again. And when he did come out we were really nice and friendly I even told him a few jokes and he totally ignored me. We bought it through Costco.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

LG 36" stainless steel French door with internal cold water dispenser, 2 lower pullout drawers, one with an ice dispenser. Well built and reasonably priced. Quiet and roomy. Good lighting inside. Plastic drawers inside could be a little sturdier.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I do love the French door refrigerator with the exterior water and ice dispenser. I did have difficulty with the exterior coating (called black stainless steel, which it is not) chipping off and had to fight tooth and nail to get anything done because they called it a cosmetic issue. I was not. It kept flaking. It was a defect in the coating. The refrigerator itself has been easy to clean, has multiple shelf options, and I love the wide drawer at the bottom. The freezer also has a top drawer to keep all those smaller things that can get lost in the bottom of a freezer. Also space enough for me to separate my meat from everything else, so I can see quickly what I need to replenish. The ice maker is great! Options to make extra if you're having guests is a great feature and you can switch from cube to crushed.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Patricia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

After just over two years, both refrigerator & freezer stopped cooling. Our utility company provides 'Appliance Protection' service, however, after waiting a month, the technician informed me that it is the compressor. When we purchased dry ice to save our frozen foods, I told the merchant about my problem. He told me at least a dozen people with LG or Samsung refrigerators had the same problem. The problem seems to be a common issue.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Peter. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Beautiful looking refrigerator! It is the first bottom freezer with upper french doors I have owned. I was very hopeful that the ice maker and water in the door would match my Kenmore. Almost. The ice cubes are a little smaller and don't last as long. It also connects to my phone and tells me if the power is off or the door is left open. I have never used this feature during the month I have owned the refrigerator. I was able to buy it on sale from Home Depot this summer and also use gift cards earned from my credit card. I am happy with the arrangement of the doors and shelves. The bottom drawer freezer allows for easier viewing and access. LG seems to be a great product thus far and I am happy with the purchase.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Another LG appliance failure just over three years after purchase. Over the past year, I went back and forth with LG trying to get someone to repair my oven that was less than three years old and no longer working. After many phone calls, emails, email to company president with no response, I finally resorted to writing a scathing review on Consumer Affairs. My oven ultimately got repaired free of charge and I was happy.

I purchased a LG LFXC24726S refrigerator on 3/6/2018 along with a full set of appliances. Up to this point, I have been happy with my purchase. I found out this morning that my compressor has failed. I reached out to LG via chat and explained my situation and asked what my options are for getting it fixed, assuming that the company would make it right for a loyal customer. And a loyal customer I am with over $10,000 of LG products in the home between appliances and electronics. I was told that the part has a ten year warranty and I would have to cover any labor costs. I am frustrated as I was appeased when this happened last time when the company provided the labor and part free of charge, as they should given the expense of the appliances and subsequent failure within 3 years. I was told that this is the company policy and they cannot cover labor expenses.

I strongly believe that anybody with good business acumen takes care of their loyal customers because word of mouth can make or break a company. I am again, very disappointed that LG is not stepping up to the plate to take care of someone who has shown loyalty to the company over many years. I will give them another chance to make this right or else my business will be taken elsewhere in the future to a company who values their consistent customers.

Original review: July 26, 2021

LG French Door Refrigerator/Freezer- This is the absolute worst appliance I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch. 1st year of ownership computer board failed. Over next 8 years 3 fans went bad - out of warranty of course. Plastic door edge strips both had to be replaced - 5-7 yrs as the doors wouldn't close completely. Ice-maker was a real piece of junk - always jammed up and never produced a decent quantity of ice. Finally compressor went completely at year 12. Average life of unit is rated at 13 years - almost made it! Also learned that few techs will work on LG or Samsung because these units are not designed to produce error codes for diagnosis of problems. Also keep in mind, LG was formerly Goldstar, a very poor quality South Korean electronics company that was rebranded to LG because of their terrible quality and reputation. Run away quickly - you have been warned.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Bought the refrigerator in December of 2017. In June of 2021 the compressor went out. Had a technician come out. Told me it was a compressor. LG says they have to send their own own technician out to confirm it is the compressor. Their guy comes out. Confirms what the 1st guy said. LG gets the order for the parts, the technician comes out a month later, puts in the whole new compressor. Next day refrigerator isn't working yet again. Called the technician. They say they don't have anyone available and that if it's not working then I need to call lg back. I call LG only to learn that they say the same technician has to come out and they can discuss with their technician over the phone what's wrong with my refrigerator. I will never buy anything from this company again. Horrible customer service. Very, disrespectful. They don't care about their customers whatsoever and if they say they do it's a flat out lie.

Original review: July 25, 2021

LG Full well knows they have compressor problems with a bunch of their refrigerators. We lost all our food & it took them two weeks to service us, it was just pathetic and we still had to pay like $500 for a problem they are fully aware of. They refused to pay me for the food lost even after wasting my time making me believe I would get reimbursed. In all my life I’ve never had a refrigerator die and I’m over 50 years old. I have met at least four people who have had LG refrigerators just stop working. Never buy LG unless you like junk.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I bought this fridge from Home Depot- brand new. Purchased Dec 2015 along with a 5 year warranty. It stopped working twice during that time, warranty was a nightmare. They gave me the run around, waited weeks to fix it. They replaced the back panel twice, the compressor, had to put put Freon in it. Warranty ran out Dec 2020. And here I am again with the fridge shutting down. 3rd time and I take good care of my appliances. I will never buy an LG fridge again no matter how good they look! Nightmare… It’s just over 5 years old. The warranty was as bad as the fridge.

LG Refrigerators Company Information