Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I was so excited about getting the French door, two drawer model. I have two complaints. First one is the shelves. I have more tall bottles than the fridge accommodates, then there is a short space behind that I can set something in but you have to remove the tall bottles to get to it. The main complaint is the icemaker. The ice balls come out great, it makes 3 a day, however the crushed and cubed work for about a week then nothing for a week then suddenly it's working again.

We called customer service they referred us to the local technician who apparently hates his job. He would not even come out to look at the problem. He said he would order a new icemaker. At this time the fridge was only 3 weeks old. We had to keep calling him back to check on the new part. Then he never came out with the part until after the 3rd time he said he would come. Then he wouldn't speak to us. After about a month the icemaker quit for a week then started up again and so on. I ordered ice trays on Amazon. No way we will deal with that repairman again. And when he did come out we were really nice and friendly I even told him a few jokes and he totally ignored me. We bought it through Costco.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

LG 36" stainless steel French door with internal cold water dispenser, 2 lower pullout drawers, one with an ice dispenser. Well built and reasonably priced. Quiet and roomy. Good lighting inside. Plastic drawers inside could be a little sturdier.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Ours has the freezer on the bottom with a single door for the refrigerator on top. We love this layout as it is easy to see what is in both. The clear glass shelves also help in this. It is easily big enough for us and will hold the large amounts of food when we cook in advance. The door shelves are big enough to hold 2 liter bottles as well as many smaller bottles.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I bought a side by side LG and it's been A problems with the ice maker every month plus if you store items on the left side everything freezes overnight.. this was a big mistake.. I walk into a sale and got hosed.. I have had work orders for the past 3 years on this appliance.. nothing they can do... I just bought the wrong name brand... big mistake! Please read up on your appliance before you buy.. or you will be stuck as hard as I have been stuck.. I have lost more food items than anyone could believe.. please do not buy any LG Appliances.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

One of the best refrigerators money can buy. Very well designed to use every cubic inch space that’s available. When you try to store something, you approach wondering if it will fit, and it always fits in the intended space. One can never go wrong with this model from LG. My family loves it. Had to wait for 4 days to get it delivered from Costco. Well worth the wait. It’s been working very well for almost a year now. Waited this long to give my true impressions after using it.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Srinivasan. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any issues, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Day one of new refrigerator, frost is accumulating on the top of the bottom freezer and the bottom of the top freezer. Waited 4 months to report this thinking it would fix itself.... I will keep you informed, repair man said has ordered a new seal the the freezer.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I had a high regard for LG prior to this experience. Indeed, we have many LG items in our home. Now, our refrigerator has failed with a known fault and is not yet being fixed. We had a service appointment today which they cancelled. Rescheduled for 3 weeks later. That will be a month with no refrigerator. We bought what we thought was a high end refrigerator and it has worked great for a short time, but then just quit cooling. LG has been less than exemplary on fixing it. This is a very bad move, company wise. I now have a totally negative impression of LG and any of their products. I will NEVER buy another LG product. I just don't trust them anymore. We have to wait a full month without a refrigerator to find out if our refrigerator will even be fixed. Last LG item of any kind I will ever buy.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

My age 97 mother’s compressor died on Christmas Eve-she lost all her holiday foods. It’s been 9 months of calls to Presidential LG & promises with No Food Loss Compensation on 4 yr. old unit. Theft

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

After an extremely difficult process of escalations and multiple hours on hold, multiple departments, LG did decide to repair my fridge and it's operating as it should for a couple of days now, fingers crossed. I am upping my rating from 2 to 4 stars and hope this new compressor lasts a few years. The next statement is all hypothetical - If this compressor breaks again in a few years, my faith in LG refrigerators will forever be lost as these are supposed to be new and updated compressors.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

This review is for LG LFX28968ST French door model with a linear compressor whose last four letters/model number end with LANA. Looks like I missed the lawsuit window as mine was purchased in 2013. The fridge had icemaker issues (bad design) throughout the life of usage. Overall a good looking fridge and this compressor failure and follow on process with LG customer service has made me rethink this company. Let's see, LG TV won't be replaced with LG, Washer and Dryer, I will take my business elsewhere, AC unit, never again. LG could have done the right thing and compensated me somehow but they chose not to. I have a great looking fridge but it doesn't perform its basic function due to a badly designed compressor.

Not one single tech is willing to come out and the ones that do want $1000 to fix it in the Chicago area. LG customer service is silent and all they do is keep sending me 5 techs in my area. I even said to provide me the parts and I will find a handy guy who can help me install it (I am quite familiar with the dangers of R134a to the environment and want someone to recover it and do it right). I am tired of hearing all of these manufacturers don't build them like they used to but LG's reputation on its linear compressors has suffered and they're not doing anything about it. Well, customer service is what differentiates you and LG is not doing that. Your move LG. I leave it to you if you want to retain me as a customer but do it quickly.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I purchased a refrigerator 6 years ago, but in the last 3 years we have had the compressor go out and LG tech has had to replace it. Since June 2021 I've had 4 tech come out and my unit still does not cool to the temperature it's suppose to be. I've only had 2 good customer service experience. I have noted the agent and time that Iven call. No one has no clue what they are doing or review any notes that I requested to be added to my account. I've asked 4 times to speak to a Supervisor and I'm still waiting for a call. After 3 months, they determined I could get a refund for a % of the cost (which I'm fine with) or repair it again and going forward my warranty would be up and the repairs would be my responsibility. Meanwhile all the techs said this is going to go out again because they had issues with this model.

I accepted the refund - I'm still waiting for that too. All the advertisements and sites are all false - LG does not stand by their products and definitely does not care how the consumer. I just want a refrigerator that works. After all I did not get it free. I paid almost $4,000.00 for it. As far as a call center they need to hire new people, their customer service skills are extremely unacceptable. That includes supervisors and managers.

LG Refrigerators Company Information