2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Refrigerators Shop on Build.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

ALL appliances purchased June - Aug 2020 (they arrived at different times). I INSISTED on getting LG appliances, as I had only known them to be a superior product. BOY was I shocked at the horrible product they have become. Our new appliances were purchased all at once. Our washer was defective from the first day and had to be replaced, our new fridge is making strange sounds and needs to be repaired (I suspect it is the compressor), and our dishwasher refuses to latch closed on a regular basis. The reviews I read now are horrible and it sickens me that I saved for years to buy new appliances that are in my opinion, garbage. As far as LG goes, run away as hard and as fast as you can! Ps: their customer service in regards to the repairs were very rude in spite of my being polite. One young guy actually hung up on me after I had to call three times for a response! HORRIBLE product, HORRIBLE service...

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Shirley. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Bought my house 1.5 ago and brand new appliances came with it including the LG refrigerator. Don’t get me wrong I LOVED this fridge at first, however December 31st my compressor went out. Called LG the next day they said a tech in the area would call us to schedule a diagnosis. Took the techs three days to call us. I won’t hold that against them because it was the holidays however the earliest they will be out here to diagnose my fridge is the 14th. That is TWO weeks without a working fridge and this is just to diagnose it.

When I called customer service again I found out the technician may not even have the part to fix the fridge when he is here!!! To top it off local people where I live will not touch LG products because of a lawsuit going on with the compressor and the hassle it is to be paid and receive the parts from LG. Even if I could find a local appliance tech to fix it it will still take LG a week to provide them with a letter of approval! So it puts me right back at two weeks or possibly more without any means to cool my perishable items unless I buy a ton of coolers and ice or a mini fridge which still would not fit all of my items. If I could give LG less than a star I would. Poor products and absolutely no care for their customers. The next appliances I buy will be anything but an LG.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ashley. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Purchased LG fridge model LFXC24726DLFXC24726D in July 2016. The FIRST FAILURE happened in July 2018. I've had 10 appointments with LG's repair facility, and 7 have been cancelled by them. My fridge has been "repaired" 3 times, and STILL doesn't work properly. I've lost food, been left without a fridge, and am flabbergasted that any company would let known defects off the factory floor, let alone ship them to consumers. It is criminal to sell these defective fridges and rely on repair techs to get the fridge to work...especially since their "repair facility" has such a lousy record of keeping appointments. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Brian. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Purchases an LG Refrigerator in June 2020. Refrigerator started making loud knocking noise. Reached out to Customer Service and they said they can come out on January 4th. Next day I wake up to an error code on the refrigerator and run a diagnosis through their app and tells me the fan motor needs attention, so I call back to see if I can get an earlier appointment. I am told they can cancel the first appointment and get me another appointment set up. So they do and now they are telling me they can't come out until January 5th.

Service representative supervisor has zero cares and wouldn't even give me his name and can't understand him at all during the call. I asked to speak to another supervisor that I can understand and refused to transfer me. Then proceeded to ask to speak to his supervisor and he says he can have one call me back but can't promise if I will get a call back. Horrible customer service on their part and I am now hoping my fridge does not go out before they come out.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Richard. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Stopped cooling Dec 22, 2020. Purchases Apr 2018. Had 2 diagnostics. LG won't replace w/o service tech on Jan 07, 2021. Error code 22. Estimated repair cost $1000. Broken and contaminated sealed system. Same as other reviews, no satisfaction.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Henry. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

We purchased 4 top of the line LG appliances (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave) for our newly remodeled kitchen in 2018. Unbelievably 3 out of the 4 have had issues requiring a service call only one of which was covered by warranty. They were all manufacturer defects and not normal wear and tear. So far, repairs have cost me $550. Needless to say, I will never purchase another product from this company and hope that I have spared you from making the same mistake I did.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Chris. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We purchased a LG refrigerator less than 4 years ago. In the first 18 months the compressor went and they gave us a really hard time about get service because the warranty was up and the compressor has a 10 year warranty they have lousy customer service and do not care about the customer. On 12/20/2020 after being away we come home to again the second compressor gone bad. They are coming out to fix it no problem because they were sued in a class action lawsuit over their compressors but it doesn't help when you have to throw hundreds of dollars worth of food out again because a product is made so poorly. We have decided to buy another refrigerator because we don't feel comfortable relying on this lg piece of garbage. The right thing to do would be to refund us for the refrigerator and replace the hundreds of dollars worth of food we have had to trash no once but twice. I do not recommend their products to anyone.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Karen. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I always thought LG was an awesome brand. Two year after purchasing my beautiful fridge it stops cooling. I now have lost all my food in freezer and fridge right before Christmas so it was packed and unfortunately the repair cannot be made till after Christmas and perhaps after the New Year. I am without fridge and freezer till parts come in.....When I called LG and spoke with someone about what was going on I was offered a 200 credit and I wasn't sure what that was all about but now I understand what is going on. I hardly think think that is compensation enough for food and time without a fridge. Not sure I will ever purchase LG again. Actually quite sure I won't.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Janet. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

We bought an LG French door refrigerator in late 2017 and it worked without too many major issues, until October of 2020. In October, it suddenly stopped cooling. We called LG to have repairs made under the 3 year warranty. After many delays, they found a repair company in our area to come out to do the repair. They said it was the compressor, ordered a new one and replaced it. The refrigerator still doesn't work. We have been without a refrigerator now for over two months (for a four person household). I have called LG nearly every day, for the past 6 weeks. I have been elevated to the "Executive Service" response team. What a joke. I receive a different answer every time I call.

After about a month of trying to find an authorized repair person to look at the refrigerator again, LG finally agreed to simply submit a claim for "Alternate resolution;" i.e. replacing the refrigerator. The claim has been submitted now at least 4 times; there is still no decision on whether or not they will honor our warranty. Every time I call (nearly every day now) I am provided with another excuse as to why there is no decision. This has been the worst consumer experience of my life.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Robbie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

My two year LG refrigerator stopped working on a Tuesday. I called LG and they stated the cooling system still under warranty and that they'd send someone to repair. As of today, Friday, I'm still waiting for them to send someone to repair it. I've contacted them each day since my first repair request and they just keep telling me they're still searching for a service repair center. So, thus far, we've the hassle of going four days without a refrigerator and apparently LG customer service don't think the issue is important enough to make it a priority. I will make sure not to purchase LG brand again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Felix.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information