1.3/5 (66 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

TL;DR: LG is in several class action law suits over the same issue. Reviews posted with 5 star reviews are misleading and paint a rosy picture of the first 6-12 months. The compressors give out and it is a ** to get someone to repair a LG refrigerator. After two years, I came home to a puddle on the bottom of my LG fridge. I called a handyman who immediately pointed me to LG since it was a fairly new fridge to have compressor issues.

I call LG and right away they say they will send someone out. The first company never shows, and LG makes me wait and wait and wait. It's two weeks before they start escalating the case. At this point they send out another service tech out who keeps saying to me "due to emergency" they won't be making it after all. LG now says that nothing they can do. Lg says they have to wait certain amount of time before they even consider just replacing the dud refrigerator. At this point I've taken several days off work waiting for a tech to show up (BTW these LG certified techs that they are sending do not answer calls for some reason).

On the 4th week LG changes the repair company again. This time someone shows up after hours on hold begging for service. The tech advises that it might be my house's power and not actually the refrigerator (it wasn't). They order parts... more waiting. The part arrives and must wait even longer for them to have time to install. When they finally change the board... it's not the board at all. Tech says LG will have the choice to rebuild or replace and that the latter is cheaper and more likely. Already beyond frustrated and eating out of a cooler for weeks I keep being patient. LG finally decides that they will not replace the unit and rather they will rebuild... so now we have to wait for all the parts and start the waiting again. On the 7th weeks everything is set up tech finally shows up and hours later we have refrigeration.

I believe that hundreds of dollars on lost food and the stress of being in this situation is not worth it and will never buy LG again. This won't affect them, plenty of people still shop there, But if someone is here looking for pros and cons, this is it. These refrigerators are not built to last, LG does not care that they cause harm to their clients. They rather make you lose your mind in frustration than simply replace an item that they know is busted. See it's not just me, there is a whole class action lawsuit (more than one according to the tech) over compressor issues for refrigerators that do not work. TL;DR LG REFRIGERATOR WILL LAST TWO YEARS OR LESS, AVOID IF POSSIBLE.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Purchased a refrigerator January 2022. Attempted to change the water filter August 23, 2022 with the correct model filter but filter would not install. Upon researching appears to be a design flaw which LG denies although there is extensive discussion on the internet regarding the problem. LG offered to send out a tech but the only two appointments the rest of 2022 were on September 7th and 8th in the morning both of which conflicted with medical appointments for my blind husband. I repeat, no other appointments the rest of the year!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I have a 2 year old LG refrigerator that has not worked for 2 months. Their warranty repair is completely useless. They don't answer their phone of return messages. LG customer service is completely unhelpful. They just say "Contact your service provider". Don't buy LG!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Called LG about a less than 5 year old fridge bought at Home Depot. Was calling for my father in law who has Alzheimer's. LG gave me 3 different repair companies to call, saying parts and labor were covered, go get it fixed. NONE of the repair companies provided could or would fix it. Called back LG...They said I could find a repair person on my own and they would pay for parts and labor. The only one I found to come said, he wouldn't wait on LG for payment, I needed to pay him and then seek reimbursement from LG. LG sent parts to him, after several days, parts came and we scheduled repair. Paid 1300, tried to submit to LG...then for the FIRST time in the 2-3 week process they tell me the max for labor is 500. If they told me that I would have never repaired it....

This is not a company run well and now getting them to stand behind what they said has been like pulling teeth. Now I know why the repair man would not take payment directly from LG. I am currently out 1300 while they "escalated" my case to a higher department. I was given case numbers and approval numbers and a LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION for the repair man to fix the fridge....then when it's time to actually pay, LG stalls and changes the story. I feel their business practices need to be investigated.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Trying to have refrigerator repairs done under warranty has been an exercise in frustration and has been an utter waste of time. Repair technicians and customer service personnel did not communicate with me appropriately regarding their ability to honor the scheduled repair time. In addition, the repair appointment was scheduled before the required parts were even available. The repair technician didn't show up when he was supposed to and no one contacted me about his inability to make the appointment. He was supposed to call back before the end of the day, and I received no call.

Only upon calling the next day was I able to find out that the replacement part was not even available since it wasn't ordered until the day before the service appointment. I've had to delay vacation and take time off work just to try to accommodate the service appointment for having the refrigerator fixed under warranty. I'm very disappointed with this service and vow to never purchase another LG product in my lifetime. The company seems to take pride in their ratings for customer satisfaction and warranties, so it's surprising that they would allow this to happen.

Original review: July 30, 2022

We purchased a condo with all new LG appliances (refrigerator, gas oven/stove, dishwasher and microwave). The appliances are now 3.5 years old. We have had to replace the microwave and now the refrigerator. LG won't back the 5 year warranty on the refrigerator because we weren't the original buyer. We have all the original paperwork but it doesn't matter. A convenient way for LG to get out of the warranty coverage. We have also had major repairs to the dishwasher. I will never buy any LG product again.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Bought this fridge due to consumer reports highest rating. I really wish I did some research beyond that! LG has a long history of Compressors going out. So much so that they extend their warranty to 5 years. Fine. Mine goes out in 3 years. Fine. Here’s the kicker. The worst customer service ever. Additionally they only have one company to do the repairs in the entire Denver Metro Area. Fine. Company has now completely blown us off for two days. No shows for their service. I read that company’s reviews. I’m not the only one. It’s a thing with them to just not show up. Long story short. Please! Stay clear of LG Refrigerators. I really wish I had.

Resolution response: July 28, 2022

With the help of the BBB, LG sent a service company to repair my refrigerator on July 27. A new compressor was installed and the fridge is now working. LG honored their warranty and the repair was made at no cost to me. I only hope the new compressor will last longer and that LG's customer service's telephone responses improve.

Original review: July 18, 2022

My four year old LG French Door Freezer failed. All my food was spoiled. LG customer is very difficult to contact. But when I finally spoke with them they said it sounds like a compressor and it is warranted. I contacted the names of the service providers they recommended. All these companies said they would not perform LG warranty work because of the lack of timely payment. I again called LG customer service and requested an in house technician and was told none were available and to go back to their recommended service providers with a APN or approval number. I tried this but numerous service providers said no way on LG warranty work. So I seem to have no freezer and no way to have warranted work performed. I can in no way recommend LG as an appliance provider.

Original review: July 15, 2022

We bought top of the line appliances from LG in 2018. From day 1 we've had problems. This review is about the refrigerator issue that has been going on. The compressor (10 year) went out 2 weeks ago. Customer service is of no help as they shuffled my repair appointment twice. Now I'm not even on the service eschedule. I spent 7 hours on the phone with them trying to get a resolution. This billion dollar company kept shuffling me around in circles.

The unit is 4 years old, which to my understanding is the longevity of their appliances. Of course I bought the 3 year extra warranty, but conveniently, the unit breaks down after the warranty period is up. LG has given me no support, nor have held up their end of consumer to manufacturer deal. We gave them all the money requested for the product, now they won't stand behind the junk they're selling. Under any circumstances, DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS. They look nice, but in the short run, they're junk. In the long run, they'll probably end up in the ocean, polluting it even further. BUY AMERICAN!!!!

Original review: July 4, 2022

This is my opinion and experience: Craft Ice Maker never worked. Many other problems. It has been 2 months of dealing with LG for hours. I have received nothing as required in the warranty. Always email telling me to call a number somewhere out of the USA and waste hours to hear how I will get a call back from a supervisor. Waited a week. Never heard from anyone.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I bought a refrigerator from Lg 2 years ago, its compressor become faulty, we complained about this on their customer care service, they told us that the complaint will be resolved within 6 days but it's been 12 days.. There is no update on our complaint, and they are saying that this issue will take approximately 3-4 more weeks. They are telling us not to call them.. They are treating us badly.. I recommend everyone to not buy products from LG company.

Original review: June 24, 2022

August 21, 2021 our son bought ($1,750), a LG door-in-door refrigerator, for us, in Home Depot. A few months, in March 2022, the refrigerator stop cooling. We contacted the LG service and a one weak later technician come and change a compressor. Three month later, in June 2022, the refrigerator made quiet noise, for a few days, and then we noticed that cooling in the freezer is very weak.

June 24, 2022, we again contacted the LG service to find out that our model was manufactured in 2014. Based on this we practically did not have the warranty. I have demanded to send my complaint to a specific department. So the representative did. I am waiting for the LG respond for mine complaint. How it is possible that manufactured item in 2014 has been place for selling in 2021? Please, be aware of this fact when you make any LG purchase. I am very unhappy with the quality of the LG refrigerator and terms of manufacture (2014)-selling (2021) data.

Resolution response: June 30, 2022

Looks like the problem was with the A&E Factory service! They rescheduled my Saturday appt to Monday & didn’t show up to that either!!! They claimed I canceled the appt & gave me the same nonsense story that LG hasn’t approved the warranty for compressor!

I called LG & told them I need a resolution & asked to talk to a supervisor. They promised to resolve the matter by Wednesday & they did send a repairman from Dave’s appliance repairs. This time he replaced the compressor & said if any issues within 30 days, they will came back to resolve it.

So the whole problem was from a crooked repair company called a&e factory service. Still disappointed with my lg fridge barely working six years, but glad the warranty worked & hope I thus time it works a bit longer.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Bought model LSC22991ST in 2016. Last week stopped cooling. Called LG since I figured the compressor failed & 10yr compressor warranty should cover the repair. They set up a service call by A&E factory service & told me if the compressor has failed, lg will cover the cost of parts & I just pay for labor. So far so good. Yesterday the tech comes & confirms it’s the compressor & gives me a $1,200 estimate!!! He says lg didn’t send them a warranty approval & I have to contact them before he can order the part. So I paid $99 service call fee for nothing!

Called lg the next day & was told A&E should have ordered the part & it’s covered! Called A&E again. They said lg has to set up another service call for that!!! To make the long story short I’ve spent well over TWO hours getting nowhere talking to incompetent reps with weird accents! Now I have to wait for another tech visit this Saturday under a so called WARRANTY visit so they can HOPEFULLY order the compressor under warranty! May end up paying another $99 visit charge! All this should have been done & resolved yesterday!!! Will keep you posted, but stay away from lg fridge. Apparently they have had issues with this linear compressor for years & still kept selling it!

Original review: May 28, 2022

LG LFXS29626S/1 Worked great for a while, replaced filters on time, then stopped getting cold at 5.5 years. Compressor and condenser fans are working, inside fans work, self test says good. Site suggested turn off for 5-10 minutes and no change. Tried 5 days, no change. Youtube suggested change compressor starter relay so did that and still doesn't work. Oh wait, there was a Class Action suit but apparently weren't told by LG so we missed the 30 Sep 2021 cut off.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I bought a brand new french door refrigerator from LG in early March 2022 and was required to "install" and put on the door handles myself. The french door handles attached well, but the freezer drawer/door handle will not attach because of the very specific and delicate inset screws that do not stay in place. I have called LG support more than 10 times now, each time receiving a new case number and they still have not sent a new part or a repair person to fix the defective handle. I am told the same "we'll help you this time" story and "it's being shipped right now" story, but it has been three months now!! It is out of the return window, but they will not honor the guarantee. So I have this very expensive fridge with a freezer drawer/door that is very difficult to open. Customer Service gives me the same lies each time.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Never purchase a product from LG. Our first refrigerator quit working after one month and LG refused to repair or replace it. We had to go through Home Depot to get a replacement. Our second refrigerator in 4 years quit working two weeks ago. There are no service technicians in our area so that is not an option. LG will not issue a refund as requested. We have just been getting the run around for weeks. I urge you to stay away from LG as both their products and their customer service is terrible.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Took advantage [at least we thought we were] of a 4th of July sale at a local Home Depot when the fridge we had, was hanging on by a thread. Narrowed it down to a Home Depot exclusive LG Model with the bottom freezer option. Wasn't a great deal at the time, but just needed one, on stock and delivered quickly. It became an even less of a deal about a 10 months in and it started making some awful noises randomly and the vegetable bin frame work, which is entirely plastic with recessed glass panels, cracked without any level of impact or stress, just the cold seemed to affect the cheap plastic.

One of the clear door shelves also started showing crackage...and spread significantly in a week's time. Such so, called LG to see if it was warranteed. They sent a new door shelf, the bin frame was on backorder with zero ETA. The shelf too 2 months to arrive. Then the fateful day arrived when opening the freezer revealed everything has thawed...The compressor was cycling and lost about 300 dollars worth of contents.

Called LG, they ran through a series of over the phone diagnostics. Nothing worked...and was told this was a Home Depot model that was made selectively for them, and parts were tricky, as he also stated it had a sealed compressor system and were expensive to fix. After an hour on the phone, he stated it was not under warranty and they could arrange a LG approved repair and was 6 weeks out. Told them it was unacceptable...as he also stated the compressors were sealed and very expensive to repair [1,000 bucks ++]. So lesson learned and decided to move on.

The lesson being, to never buy a store exclusive model, look more into the compressor system. If it's sealed, run don't walk away from these. The plastic they use is cheap, and the model selected was necessarily cheap, just ended up being a waste of time and money. Ended up replacing the frame work on Sears Parts Direct 3 weeks before the refrigerator died, to add insult to injury.

Replaced with a Fisher and Paykel and couldn't be happier. I would never buy another LG appliance based on the quality, the price or the fact that it had a sealed compressor unit. 1200 for the fridge, 225 for parts thrown into it to essentially became landfill fodder. The part of it all that's rings so hollow is LG states their refrigerators last 25 years. I barely got 4 or 5.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Fridge (French door double drawer freezer under) was delivered on 12/23/21. In March 2022 we came home to a mess of water all over the floor, water inside the fridge and under the fridge, we had to shut the water off to the fridge to prevent any further damage to our home, LG was called and they sent a technician out to arrive within a 4 hour window (he was 2 hrs past the 4 hour window). A whole day was lost waiting. The technician took a panel off the right door, pushed a hose back in and called it fixed, I asked him, "Is this going to happen again? Does it need any parts replaced?" He assured me it was fixed and the same problem would not happen again. Jump forward almost 45 days and the same issue, again LG was called. The customer service person really didn’t care. LG needs to replace this fridge. It has done enough damage to our home and we don’t trust the repair technician. Why do we not make anything in America? Tired of this.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I have had this refrigerator for almost exactly one year, and I've had to get it serviced twice already. This refrigerator came with the house I purchased, so I cannot speak to the buying process or why the previous homeowner purchased it, but it has been nothing but a problem since I assumed ownership. It makes an incredibly loud, very annoying whirring sound periodically, which I have come to learn is ice buildup on the cooling motor. In the first six months of owning it, I had a service technician come out and "manually defrost" the freezer. Then, a couple of weeks ago, the noise started again. I called LG and they again sent someone out. The customer support rep said it was covered under warranty, but when the service tech came out, they said it was not covered and they charged me $400.

In trying to connect with LG, the online chat was absolutely no help (I chatted with 5 TV support reps) so I had to call. In speaking with the refrigerator support rep (finally), I was informed that the previous rep did not put in the notes that the refrigerator was under warranty (insinuated that I was lying). All in all, it was a horrible experience, and I will never buy another LG refrigerator again.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Product was okay and was working fine. But when the PCB got damaged, reported to the service team and the way they responded was horrible. After filing the case always I called them for the updates and they never called me back. Made a feeling that after sale support is not their business. No one in the support team was ready to take any decision and always asked me to contact different focal points. Even though the product was good am utterly disappointed about their service support. Not recommended to anybody unless use & throw concept.

Original review: April 18, 2022

We have had problems with our refrigerator since we got it. Water dispenser and ice maker doesn’t work properly and LG technician could never get this repaired. Then the second problem was a loud noise which was repaired by a technician who replaced a cable. Now, the worst problem, the compressor is broken. We have been without the refrigerator for two weeks now without hearing anything from LG despite the several calls I have made. The customer service is so poor, one time I called and I could hear a baby crying, another time the representative was yawning on the phone, she was almost sleeping. This is absolutely unacceptable! I still don’t have my refrigerator working and LG customer service doesn’t care. I will never buy any other LG Product and I will strongly alert all my friends on Instagram and Facebook about the poor quality of LG Products as well the customer service

Original review: April 15, 2022

Contacted LG about a missing light bulb when my new refrigerator was delivered 3/2/22. That was a month ago. Still haven't had a response and the repair is still pending. Unable to speak to a person, only automated responses. This is an easy fix. It's new so the light bulb should still be available.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I have always been a big fan of LG products which I thought represented quality and craftsmanship. We bought an LG Refrigerator, microwave, stove and dishwasher back in 2019 from ABT in Glenview Illinois. The refrigerator stopped working after 1 year due to a defective motherboard that prompted ABT to replace the entire unit. Last Saturday April 9th the refrigerator started leaking and the temperature went up quickly causing the loss of all food in the fridge and freezer. We were unable to fix the issue so we called LG directly because we were so disgusted. They referred us to a service company called A&E who booked our service for the earliest possible date of Thursday April 14th.

On the evening of Wednesday April 13th A&E called to cancel the appointment and they informed me they would not be able to come out until April 22nd leaving me without a refrigerator, freezer or ice maker for another 8 days. I expect a refrigerator to last for at least 10 years but this one was replaced after only 1 year and now it has again stopped working for a 2nd time in 3 years. DO NOT buy LG products unless you want colossal headaches. I will never again purchase an LG Product. When I called ABT they informed me of a class action lawsuit filed against LG because of problems with their refrigerators. My model is one of the units covered in the lawsuit. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy LG products.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I am writing this for LG refrigerator. Their after sales service is worst. Pls think before buying this product..Their service center are not responsible for anything...Worst experience...Will never buy LG product.

Original review: March 12, 2022

DEAR LG I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT SAMSUNG IS BETTER THAN LG, I HAVE WORST EXPERIENCE FROM YOUR COMPANY OR SERVICE... If anyone wants to buy fridge or any product from LG so I request you THINK before purchase, otherwise go to another company but never purchase LG product.. Their service was too much bad, actually we are buy one double door fridge from Nov. 2017, and Nov 2021 cooling problems and they come or take a charge for gas refueling 2800, and after 15 days same problems again and not again it's again and again.

Then they decided to take that fridge take to lg service center in the middle of Jan 2022, and whenever we call to service center they said only two words, "We will inform you within 2 days." But never we got update... And again we call March 11 and they call back us and said, "Your fridge was not working. Some cooling issues," and immediately we asked now what, AND THEY SAID, "WE WILL CUT OFF 75% AMOUNT AND WE REFUND 25%." And my fridge was arounds 28,000 price when we purchase... Now I'm asking to LG "My fridge was now 4 years only then how said and where you got this rules 75% cut off the amount, Shame on you LG", SAMSUNG WAS BETTER THAN YOU FROM THE SERVICE....

Original review: March 4, 2022

I bought a LG 2 door refrigerator with the freezer below in 2017, from Sears as a Kenmore Elite. The unit has a fan freeze up issue in the refrigerator section. I called Sears Service for repair since LG will not deal with a Sears product of theirs. I paid Sears $584 to come and replace the fan, and fan control. This was the FIX that LG told Sears would solve the problem. It's now 4 months after the "fix" and the problem is back! It's now past the Sears warranty, so I will have to pay again f I want this LG piece of garbage fixed again. Bottom line is simple. DO NOT BUY AN LG REFRIGERATOR FROM ANYONE EVER.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Our LG refrigerator broke and contacted LG directly for repair since it is under the 5 year warranty. They sent a repair on 3 different occasions and they never were able to fix it. The issue is the compressor. I have thrown away my food several times and cannot cook since we do not have a refrigerator. It has been nearly 1 month now and LG has not resolved our issue. Our patience has run out and need to report LG. Today we received an email from Jennifer ** (Presidential Escalations Coordinator) and Abi ** (President Liaison) stating that they will buy back the refrigerator for way less than what we paid for the refrigerator. This is unacceptable! Do not buy any LG Appliance. Horrible company and extremely poor customer service. We just got off the phone with an LG agent who could care less and very unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Our family purchased a LG refrigerator four years ago. The refrigerator retailed for two thousand dollars. We started to have problems with the unit after two years with ice build-up on the back. After contacting LG they told us to defrost the fridge. We did that every four months as needed. Now after just four years we woke up to the refrigerator at forty degrees and everything melted in the freezer and now all the food has gone bad. The last refrigerator we owned lasted fourteen years when we gave it to our son still working. Today we spent literally five hours on the phone with service and tech dept. until I wanted to cry in frustration. I never have been through anything like this in the sixty years I have been buying appliances. I can't believe I chose this experience when shopping for a home appliance. But still do not think this is right in any way.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

My husband and I bought a LG refrigerator from Home Depot. It was an LG refrigerator. We had problems with the ice maker not long after we bought it. We contacted LG about it and they sent a repair man then it developed more issue. We have contacted them and they said they would refund our money. Now they won't even answer our emails or calls, now don't buy an LG product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I bought LG 26Cuft Wifi French Door refrigerator (model LFXS26973D/01; SN 909KRAT00680) from Costco on Nov 12, 2019. It was 2-year warranty. Unfortunately, I am only 2 months late and both Costco and LG washed their hands from any manufacturing defect. The water filter that needs to be changed every 6-month does not work anymore even with LG brand filters LT1000 or LT1000P/PC/PCS (ADQ747935). I bought a new LG filter head (AKN729490003) and even it does not work. Calling Costco and LG has no help because only 2 months more than 2-year warranty. I tried a professional appliance for help, even they could not help. I am sure it is manufacturing defect and there is no recall. This means I have to trash this LG refrigerator just in 2-year. I would not recommend anyone to buy LG refrigerator and get frustrated like me.

LG Refrigerators Company Information