Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I purchased a refrigerator 6 years ago, but in the last 3 years we have had the compressor go out and LG tech has had to replace it. Since June 2021 I've had 4 tech come out and my unit still does not cool to the temperature it's suppose to be. I've only had 2 good customer service experience. I have noted the agent and time that Iven call. No one has no clue what they are doing or review any notes that I requested to be added to my account. I've asked 4 times to speak to a Supervisor and I'm still waiting for a call. After 3 months, they determined I could get a refund for a % of the cost (which I'm fine with) or repair it again and going forward my warranty would be up and the repairs would be my responsibility. Meanwhile all the techs said this is going to go out again because they had issues with this model.

I accepted the refund - I'm still waiting for that too. All the advertisements and sites are all false - LG does not stand by their products and definitely does not care how the consumer. I just want a refrigerator that works. After all I did not get it free. I paid almost $4,000.00 for it. As far as a call center they need to hire new people, their customer service skills are extremely unacceptable. That includes supervisors and managers.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I agree with the majority of the people regarding LG fridge. I purchased an expensive counter depth fridge 5 years and 7 months ago and it completely broke down. Not the compressor but a leakage within the wall of the fridge so it cannot be repaired. I paid $125 to the LG technician to come and inspect to tell me that it cannot be repaired and that I should get a new fridge. The technician also let me know that the leakage was a manufacturing issue not wear and tear. I am aware of the LG settlement and was shy of 7 months to claim anything. LG refuses to do anything about it. So basically all their products are useless. I will never purchase another LG product and will make sure that everyone I know do the same. Worse service and company. They knew about the defects but did nothing. Where is the accountability???

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Bought a LRMVS3006S. 30 cu. ft. Smart wi-fi Enabled InstaView™ Door-in-Door® Refrigerator with Craft Ice™ Maker less than 2 week ago. Ice maker did not work after 60 hour wait recommended when I called LG after waiting 48 hours for icemaker to function. Then we noticed that temperatures are not reaching the low levels needed. Result: Spoiled food!!! They sent a technician to fix it (which we reluctantly agreed to). Technician showed up 10 days after we bought fridge. What did he say? "No fix. Problems with compressor and we don't even have the parts to fix it". The thing is, we do not want our brand new - not cheap - refrigerator fixed! We want it replaced or receive a full refund!!!. Almost two weeks and still dealing with insurance we bought to cover it and LG not responding. After always buying all appliances LG brand, this is the end of our LG preference in this household for sure.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Bought a new LG Refrigerator about 2yrs ago and since June have had nothing but problems..First the compressor went and I lost $500 in food plus paid for labour to replace ($400). Now it is not working again (3 mos later) and it is out again ($350. in food lost)..Worst purchase ever!!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have owned an LG refrigerator for five years, and have now had 3 times where it stopped sufficiently cooling due to a well known issue with the compressor and other internal components. There is even a class action lawsuit that covers numerous models. Part of the class-action lawsuit requires them to extend the warranty up to 5 years. Since I am now about 7 months past that 5 years warranty, LG will cover the parts to repair, but not the labor. Since the repair is quite involved, it is expensive and therefore not worth it, especially since this would have been the THIRD time to replace the compressor and other parts, and there is no guarantee it would be a durable repair.

If the third failure of the compressor had happened just 7 months earlier, I would have been entitled, per the terms of the settlement, to compensation. I realize at this point LG is not obligated to do anything beyond the terms of the class action settlement, but it is infuriating to me that a company would produce a product like this, need to have a class action lawsuit to do right by its customers, and seems content to leave me with a product they know is faulty and refuse to take responsibility based essentially on a technicality. It's disgraceful. Avoid LG products. This is a nightmare.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I bought LG model LMXS28626S on July 2018 because it was nice looking. On Aug. 9, 2021, it no longer cooling. I called customer service and at first she said I should pay. I insisted that it seems it is a compressor problem and the warranty for it is 5 years parts and labor. From where I live there was only 2 repair shop that was listed in the LG website, but only 1 answered. The technician installed a new universal compressor that was so loud. It turned out it was not configured correctly. The technician came back and I think tried but he just messed it up and it died.

I searched for help and found a write up about LG and I am not alone. It seems that LG has a reputation on Bad product and customer service. I read that I can call executive services. I was able to talk to a person in executive services. I told her the technician they sent seems to not know how to fix my refrigerator. She said that she will set up an A&E technician. After 1 month on Sept. 8, the technician will come. If you want to have the chance to have this same BAD experience, then go ahead and buy an LG.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

My LG refrigerator stopped working on April 16, 2021, it was shy of 10 years. Called customer service and had to wait for 10 days for the tech to arrive. I was given a $150 for the food that had to be discarded but the inconvenience was greater. The tech replaced the compressor, direr main board, compressor board, condenser and it started to work, I was charged $400 odd dollars for services. The fridge worked for just about one and a half months and died again. Once again my food went bad and I was given 10 days waiting period for a tech. I was not refunded the services charges even though the fridge lasted just a couple of weeks after the initial services. I went ahead and bought a GE refrigerator as I no longer wanted to deal with LG.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I bought the LG LSXS26326 refrigerator in the 2015 with a 10 compressor warranty. The compressor failed 2021. When I contacted LG I was told by LG that they do not have service techs in the area. Three week wait just to get a third-party service company to do diagnostics, then the part can be ordered, which has a 3-5 business day turn around time. Multiple service companies refused to do LG service work. The LG service website lists available service providers in the area, but upon contact they all stated they no longer support LG warranty or service work. I will never buy another LG product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

We bought a new LG fridge with our home and it lasted about 6 months. Quit making ice. I called LG and they determined the compressor was failing after a month of service calls. They ordered parts, canceled my appointment 2x, finally someone shows up and says, "We’ll I don’t think the compressor is bad." We said, "Well 2 other people said it is so replace it like you're told." He did and it failed. The fridge never got cold. Ruined all the food inside overnight and when we pulled it out he had damaged the back panel. Called the repair group and was told they couldn’t come back out. It was up to Lg. Again called and jumped through all the hoops with Lg and now we’re waiting another week with no fridge or freezer. Had to go out and buy a chest freezer. They don’t care at all. Do not buy a LG fridge!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

After 4 years of owning an LG Side by Side with Indoor Ice Maker and water I am beyond disgusted. Have already spent $600 in repairs on the ice maker and nothing gets better. Indoor ice bin freezes every two weeks and I have to use a hair dryer, Ice pick and and a hammer to get the ice bin out to get a solid block of ice that has formed out so it can start dispensing ice....All LG consumer affairs tells you is just let it defrost....will never, ever, ever own a LG product. Could have paid much less and then the aggravation would not be at such a high level....LG has a problem yet they will not do anything about it. Don't buy this product!

LG Refrigerators Company Information