1.4/5 (96 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: April 14, 2022

I have always been a big fan of LG products which I thought represented quality and craftsmanship. We bought an LG Refrigerator, microwave, stove and dishwasher back in 2019 from ABT in Glenview Illinois. The refrigerator stopped working after 1 year due to a defective motherboard that prompted ABT to replace the entire unit. Last Saturday April 9th the refrigerator started leaking and the temperature went up quickly causing the loss of all food in the fridge and freezer. We were unable to fix the issue so we called LG directly because we were so disgusted. They referred us to a service company called A&E who booked our service for the earliest possible date of Thursday April 14th.

On the evening of Wednesday April 13th A&E called to cancel the appointment and they informed me they would not be able to come out until April 22nd leaving me without a refrigerator, freezer or ice maker for another 8 days. I expect a refrigerator to last for at least 10 years but this one was replaced after only 1 year and now it has again stopped working for a 2nd time in 3 years. DO NOT buy LG products unless you want colossal headaches. I will never again purchase an LG Product. When I called ABT they informed me of a class action lawsuit filed against LG because of problems with their refrigerators. My model is one of the units covered in the lawsuit. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy LG products.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I am writing this for LG refrigerator. Their after sales service is worst. Pls think before buying this product..Their service center are not responsible for anything...Worst experience...Will never buy LG product.

Original review: March 12, 2022

DEAR LG I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT SAMSUNG IS BETTER THAN LG, I HAVE WORST EXPERIENCE FROM YOUR COMPANY OR SERVICE... If anyone wants to buy fridge or any product from LG so I request you THINK before purchase, otherwise go to another company but never purchase LG product.. Their service was too much bad, actually we are buy one double door fridge from Nov. 2017, and Nov 2021 cooling problems and they come or take a charge for gas refueling 2800, and after 15 days same problems again and not again it's again and again.

Then they decided to take that fridge take to lg service center in the middle of Jan 2022, and whenever we call to service center they said only two words, "We will inform you within 2 days." But never we got update... And again we call March 11 and they call back us and said, "Your fridge was not working. Some cooling issues," and immediately we asked now what, AND THEY SAID, "WE WILL CUT OFF 75% AMOUNT AND WE REFUND 25%." And my fridge was arounds 28,000 price when we purchase... Now I'm asking to LG "My fridge was now 4 years only then how said and where you got this rules 75% cut off the amount, Shame on you LG", SAMSUNG WAS BETTER THAN YOU FROM THE SERVICE....

Original review: March 4, 2022

I bought a LG 2 door refrigerator with the freezer below in 2017, from Sears as a Kenmore Elite. The unit has a fan freeze up issue in the refrigerator section. I called Sears Service for repair since LG will not deal with a Sears product of theirs. I paid Sears $584 to come and replace the fan, and fan control. This was the FIX that LG told Sears would solve the problem. It's now 4 months after the "fix" and the problem is back! It's now past the Sears warranty, so I will have to pay again f I want this LG piece of garbage fixed again. Bottom line is simple. DO NOT BUY AN LG REFRIGERATOR FROM ANYONE EVER.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Our LG refrigerator broke and contacted LG directly for repair since it is under the 5 year warranty. They sent a repair on 3 different occasions and they never were able to fix it. The issue is the compressor. I have thrown away my food several times and cannot cook since we do not have a refrigerator. It has been nearly 1 month now and LG has not resolved our issue. Our patience has run out and need to report LG. Today we received an email from Jennifer ** (Presidential Escalations Coordinator) and Abi ** (President Liaison) stating that they will buy back the refrigerator for way less than what we paid for the refrigerator. This is unacceptable! Do not buy any LG Appliance. Horrible company and extremely poor customer service. We just got off the phone with an LG agent who could care less and very unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Our family purchased a LG refrigerator four years ago. The refrigerator retailed for two thousand dollars. We started to have problems with the unit after two years with ice build-up on the back. After contacting LG they told us to defrost the fridge. We did that every four months as needed. Now after just four years we woke up to the refrigerator at forty degrees and everything melted in the freezer and now all the food has gone bad. The last refrigerator we owned lasted fourteen years when we gave it to our son still working. Today we spent literally five hours on the phone with service and tech dept. until I wanted to cry in frustration. I never have been through anything like this in the sixty years I have been buying appliances. I can't believe I chose this experience when shopping for a home appliance. But still do not think this is right in any way.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

My husband and I bought a LG refrigerator from Home Depot. It was an LG refrigerator. We had problems with the ice maker not long after we bought it. We contacted LG about it and they sent a repair man then it developed more issue. We have contacted them and they said they would refund our money. Now they won't even answer our emails or calls, now don't buy an LG product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I bought LG 26Cuft Wifi French Door refrigerator (model LFXS26973D/01; SN 909KRAT00680) from Costco on Nov 12, 2019. It was 2-year warranty. Unfortunately, I am only 2 months late and both Costco and LG washed their hands from any manufacturing defect. The water filter that needs to be changed every 6-month does not work anymore even with LG brand filters LT1000 or LT1000P/PC/PCS (ADQ747935). I bought a new LG filter head (AKN729490003) and even it does not work. Calling Costco and LG has no help because only 2 months more than 2-year warranty. I tried a professional appliance for help, even they could not help. I am sure it is manufacturing defect and there is no recall. This means I have to trash this LG refrigerator just in 2-year. I would not recommend anyone to buy LG refrigerator and get frustrated like me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have been a follower of Consumers Reports for many years. When my 11 yr. old Electrolux started making noises I figured it was time to look for a new refrigerator. I was very happy with the French Dr. Electrolux so I chose to look for similar replacement. I went to Consumer Reports and found that it rated the LG LFXS28S96S/04 as the best French Door available.

On 11-2-2021 I purchased one from Costco. I was very happy with most of the features, until it started making ice. Within a few days the door ice maker would not drop any ice. Upon checking I found that the ice in the small door ice maker were clumped together. Reading the instructions I had to break the clumps so the ice would come down the chute. In thirty years I had never encountered such a problem. I have a fifteen year old Maytag still working and prior to that a Sears which never gave me any problems with the ice maker. I cannot understand how Consumer Reports would have given the LG such high reviews that testing an actual use of the unit would have shown the problems with the door ice maker. I saw later that other consumers of the LG refrigerators have experience the same problems I did.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Condenser blew in the 3 years Refrigerator. 3 weeks with no fridge. Lg said it’s under warranty but after a month of calls to customer service they have yet to send a letter of authorization to the repair shop. At least 20 calls later to them and they shamelessly lie and say it has been sent to dispatch and I will get a call in 3 days from repair shop. The authorized repair shop also has called and emailed to no avail. LG is the worst and I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Update 1/27/2022:

On 20 Jan 2022, LG contacted me and related that they are looking for a provider to service my Refrigerator. My initial complaint was sent to them on 19 Jan 2022. On 25 Jan 2022 (six days later) I received a call/voicemail from "Provider" (someone hired by LG to service my refrigerator) asking me to call them back to set-up an appointment to evaluate/service my unit. I researched the phone number, identified the provider and observed that their one page (80% functional) web presence identified that they serviced refrigerators (from their site: Refrigerator Repair: Cleaning the Condenser; Cleaning the drain line; Cleaning the drip pan; Manually defrosting ice build ups; Replacing air damper seals; Adjustment or replacement of door or door gaskets). Absolutely no where did they reference diagnostics; systems evaluations; cooling system trouble-shooting and repair, Nothing.

So, using the email address depicted on their site, I emailed them. Asked for them to verify that they did indeed have the necessary training and certifications to service my refrigerator. I also stated that I would need to validate their business (License; certifications; insurance; etc.). On 26 Jan 2022, late in the day, I receive an obscure robo call relating that "My parts have been ordered and that once the parts come in that they would contact me and establish a time for a technician to return and repair my refrigerator, and if I had any questions, refer to "Provider's" website (by name)". Wow, no one has been at my house, let alone evaluated my refrigerator.

Needless to say, I am livid. LG not only produces Sub-standard products; fails at responding effectively to the customer in a timely manner; they completely lack any form of integrity. Imaging the unmitigated gaul it takes, for a Multimillion Dollar Company, to "Search" for a provider with the technical training/certifications, history of certified good service, that are licensed/bonded and insured meeting their (LG's) "High Standards" and come up with a company, that has two locatable addresses, both resolving to Apartment complexes, with a single faulty web page for an internet presence, a page of which does not identify any technical repairs (refer above), is not certified/trained to do the technical aspects required to repair a Refrigerator (nor do they profess to this), nor do they have any verifiable insurance covering the conduct of their business, absolutely NO information relating to their business, anywhere. In other words they (LG) simply looked for anyone willing to do the warranty work, did not vet the business or conduct any action to verify that the business they "Hired" were capable of doing the job let alone legitimate.

You have to ask yourself: What type of a business simply hands out their warranty work to ANYONE who responds saying "I can do that, Trust Me - wink, wink" and hand them the contract?; Imagine allowing people who are "complete unknowns" with NO certifiable background, into your home to service your $3,000 refrigerator, because LG fully backs them as an LG certified service provider. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Please note that there are Dozens of Certified/insured/very reputable appliance services in Colorado Springs; hundreds in the Denver Area.... Yep LG really did their research. We can pull up certified providers in seconds on the internet, it only took LG six days to find a business that could not perform the job.

Original review 1/19/2022:

We purchased an LG French Door; Instaview Door-In-Door refrigerator on 1 July 2018 from Best Buy (model: LMXC23796M; GR-X23GHMJM.AMTCNAO). It was delivered on 5 July 2018. We paid just over $3,000.00 for it. To our great misfortune, at some point yesterday/evening it died without any warning/indication there was a problem. The lights work; the gauges appear to function; it just appears to be warming the items within now. Of course the couple hundred $$ worth of food within... I guess that is another reason why we have dumps. I'm in my 60s and have never in my life owned; seen or have knowledge of anyone's refrigerator failing in such a short period of time, and without the slightest indication it was going to fail. I simply cannot recommend LG to anyone. They simply do not last, which makes them junk.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We bought a LG refrigerator 1.5 years ago. Very pricey I might add. The Fridge went out. They sent a repair person who replaced the motherboard and that's all he did. He did not check to see if the compressor was working. We wait 12 to 24 hours as he said not working. The compressor is not working. Back to LG We go. They say compressor is covered. They will get back to us on someone coming. They just call today and say they can't find anyone to come and fix it. Now the kicker is We have had no refrigerator since December 10th 2021. After all the hoops LG can't find anyone to fix their product. We live outside Little Rock AR. I have found this whole situation horrible with the way this was handled. I will never recommend a LG product to anyone. Yes there may be fine stuff out there but what if it breaks then you will find out how they stand behind their products. I find it ridiculous the price we pay for refrigerator, washers, dryers etc just for them to be throw away products.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

$2,000 French Door Refrigerator lasted two years, seven months. Cannot be repaired per a local repair man I paid. LG Corp has been useless to deal with. I'm going to rope Sears into this as well since I bought this POS there. They won't help either. If you are buying a fridge do your homework and buy the extended warranty. Stay away from LG and Sears if you're smart.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We bought our LG Refrigerator on May 2018 from Jetson in Stuart, FL and it stop cooling on December 30th 2021. An LG technician came in and told me he had bad news for me, he could not work in the unit due to Sulfur Contamination and his company advised him not to fix the unit. When I asked him, what could cause such contamination, he said it is because the "Chinese Drywalls". Our refrigerator Model #LSXS26366D is in the list of defective linear compressors in the LG Class Action Lawsuit. Our previous refrigerator was plugged in the same area for 13 years and never had a problem. We moved the old refrigerator to the garage, and it is still working under heat and humidity in a Florida garage. Our Air condition company certified that all our lines are clean with no contamination. All the appliances in our house are working properly, including our LG Washer and Dryer.

Today I called a specialized company in the Chinese drywall detection and they never heard of a refrigerator failing due to Chinese drywalls. This is not possible. Also, they mentioned that a Technician can't diagnose a contamination without testing the particles. I work in a power plant company in Florida and all the Engineers stated that the compressor is in a sealed environment with no co-relation to the outside elements. I have called the LG Customer Service multiple times requesting a written service call invoice as the Technician did not leave a written diagnose. LG refused to produce the document and the customer service rep hanged up on me.

The second customer service told me to call a third-party repair company a pay out of my pocket. Today another rep offered 20% rebate on a new purchase. Again, the refrigerator is three years old and under warranty for five years under a Class Action Settlement for this Unit. There is no proof and no explanation on writing of the cause of failure. Yesterday we called again, and the customer service rep said that our refrigerator is irreparable. She transferred us to a Supervisor by the name Arthur, we request a diagnose on writing and he said not to be allowed to send emails and he will send a request a copy of the service call. Please help us to receive repair for our fridge under warranty. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased a brand new LG linear compressor French Door with the glass sneak peek feature on July 23, 2021 from Best Buy for $3500! In early December – Just 5 months later – the refrigerator stopped cooling. It is now Jan 11, 2022 and I have had 5 LG technicians come to my home with 5 different possible causes from – "You must have left your refrigerator open-" to – "Maybe YOU spilled something down into the ducts causing the compressor to die" – to – "The doors are not level, the front cross strip is not balanced, and the compressor was installed wrong and is now leaking Freon!" STILL, they don’t return calls and just continue to send technicians every 7 days.

They have ordered at least 5 parts and still – the fridge does not get below 46 degrees!!! The freezer frosts, the ice maker drips and I am fed up. I keep calling and making complaints – I think they are due for another class action lawsuit! LG means Losing Game! DO NOT BUY THEIR REFRIGERATORS. ONE TECHNICIAN TOLD ME HE HAS NEVER SEEN THEM REPLACE A FRIDGE IN HIS CAREER! A refund is a unicorn. LG, I’ll keep calling for my $3500 hunk of metal. I’ve had to buy backup deep freezers and form refrigerators to keep milk in the house! LG – stick to washers and terrible cell phones. I was last told that they cannot replace until I’ve had 4 repairs. I have now had 5! No calls back. I PURSUE ALL CALLS AND REPAIRS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My daughter loved her LG French Door refrigerator so much I bought the same model. Her refrigerator stopped working when it was 5 years old. The repairman told her it was not worth repairing because the compressor needed to be replaced as well as a few other repairs. My refrigerator stopped working 5 years and 3 weeks after purchase. I will never purchase another LG appliance.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I purchased this refrigerator 5 years and 6 months ago and it stopped cooling after 2 years of purchase. According to the technician, both the compressor and the evaporator need to be replaced due to the quality issue. It took over 10 days to get it fixed and I had to throw all my food in the refrigerator. It caused a lot of trouble during that period.

After it was fixed in 2019, it was not cooling again in 2021, only 2 years after it was fixed. This time, unfortunately, it is more than 5 years warranty time so I have to pay $270 for the same issue and I threw all my food again. Very frustrated with the LG product which I have been purchasing for many years. Will not buy LG products anymore.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The freezer compartment of the LG fridge (model #LRFXS2503S) we purchased in April of 2021 was not working properly. It was not making ice or keeping food frozen. The company contracted to repair the fridge came, and "repaired" it. The next day the entire unit quit working - no fridge - no freezer. I fought with the repair company, and they came out again the next day and "repaired" it again. Same thing - no fridge - no freezer. Unbelievable. The repair person told me he did not think it could be repaired - this was two weeks ago. I called LG, and they want the repair person to try to repair it AGAIN. LG also told me it was not their responsibility to replace the fridge - just repair it. Unbelievable - going on three weeks with no fridge over Christmas. AVOID buying any LG fridge. Ours lasted about six months, and the company has been no help in getting it fixed or replacing it. They don't care about you once they have sold you their product.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I’m really shocked at the lack of customer service that I have received from LG. I placed my order a month ago and I have made 4 calls to LG plus 3 calls to XPO and it’s obvious that no one cares whether I receive my order or not. When a customer places an order why is it my responsibility to ensure I get my order? It should be your responsibility to ensure the customer gets their order once you accept payment. I own an LG refrigerator, LG over the stove microwave, LG range and LG television. I was planning purchasing an LG dishwasher but I’m probably going to switch brands at this point.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

We bought this LG fridge in 2015. By 2019, the compressor had to be replaced as we got the “FF” error. Apparently this means “Freezer Fan” but LG never replaced the fan. Now in 2021, I fought in vain for LG to pay for the freezer fan failure which happened again. They should have changed the fan in 2019 itself when the unit was under warranty. Having paid for the freezer fan mused and losing all my food, now the compressor has failed again. The executive department of LG - no one is even answering the phone. Voice of the customer/ office of the President is a joke. They don’t care about customer sentiment and bulldoze you. I complained to Texas Attorney General earlier in 2021 During the freezer fan fiasco. Then LG offered to pay $275 which I denied as it didn’t cover the cost of repairing the fan. Now the compressor from 2019 is broke again. No one to talk to at LG! Pathetic.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased an LG refrigerator with a pull-out freezer in 2016. I have purchased a lot of LG products and been fairly satisfied until now. At the beginning of the Global Pandemic the compressor on the fridge broke. I waited several weeks for someone to repair it. I had just done a fairly extensive grocery shop because we were headed into lockdown. I lost a lot of food and it was impossible to even purchase a small bar fridge or freezer - everything was out of stock. LG's customer service was horrible.

They call you back in 3-5 business days with an appointment for a technician to come fix it. And you are waiting another week or more for that appointment - all with no fridge! I think I was 3 weeks without a working fridge. The fridge did get fixed but the technician didn’t protect my hardwood floors so I have about a dozen floorboards that got damaged and it took about a year to get that resolved.

Well here we are Friday, Dec 17, 2021, and the compressor is shot again! I speak to their customer service and someone will call me back in 3-5 business days to book me a technician to fix it. Unreal. This will be the 3 rd compressor in a fridge not even 10 years old. I do not recommend LG. This LG fridge is complete garbage. In an age where we need to be mindful of adding more crap to our landfills, I think LG (and any other company that produces garbage products) should be held accountable ie a fine, for producing such crappy products. I did some research when the first compressor died and there are lots of people in my shoes. Buyer beware. And their customer service is worse! I will never ever buy LG again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Bought an LG 30 cu refrigerator in April 2021. In October 2021 the Refrigerator stopped working. This item was purchased at Lowe's Moorehead City NC. We still have no resolution to this problem. Problem we lost the electronic receipt. Lowe's or LG will not help with this problem. Nightmare we are stuck with a 3,400 $ piece of metal. Stay away from LG refrigerators and Lowe's stores!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Soooo got back from deployment and this $2500 paperweight had tripped the circuit breaker! That issue started within about 2 years after purchase. It's now been 3 years. They put in a new compressor which obviously solved nothing and refuse to repair the issue. If a fridge can't run by simply plugging it in, it's useless! So, I came home to the stinkiest refrigerator I've ever encountered! They also have a settlement for which my model number is included, but keep responding to me that it isn't. You wouldn't have came and installed a brand new compressor if that were the case!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We noticed LG refrigerator was stopped cooling and freezing on October 10th. We were told the option would be to repair or refund the cost of the LG refrigerator when we initially spoke with customer service on 10/10/2021, but a service technician would have to come and evaluate refrigerator first. On Oct 25th, a LG refrigerator repair was completed. We were offered a $200 spoiled food compensation which we have not received to date. On Nov 12th, the LG refrigerator stopped cooling and freezing: keep on mind it was repaired 2 1/2 weeks earlier. So, I called LG and requested a refund of the cost to replace it with a new refrigerator. Obviously the refrigerator and/or LG part is defective. The LG rep told me LG would not authorize a refund until another repair was done per LG PROCESS. I asked to speak with a LG supervisor who offered me a 15% rebate towards purchase of another LG refrigerator.

I told the LG rep that was absolutely unacceptable, and asked to speak with whoever would authorize a full refund. The LG rep said that her department does not authorize refunds, and could not proceed with my request per LG process. The only option i was given is to set up a second repair appointment on Nov 18th with same service company A&E. I was then told by the LG rep that after the second service appointment, if LG refrigerator is still not working, then they would be able to proceed with a refund request. I again asked for a second spoiled food compensation, and was told this was only offered once a year. Therefore, we would not be compensated for second set of spoiled food.

I went ahead and set up second service appointment on Nov 18th, while I figure out our next step. I spoke with A&E to try to get a sooner appointment, and queried whether they were using a new or refurbished part for my repair. I was told the part is ordered directly from LG to complete the service repair. So again, the defect is in the LG parts.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

NOT SATISFIED! After 6 years of use the linear compressor failed. We were 1 year late in taking advantage of the Class Action against LG for their faulty compressors. While our compressor itself is covered for 10 years it is still going to cost us $800 to get the new compressor installed. What happen to QUALITY!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I have had to replace the ice maker on my LG refrigerator 3 times. I write this review so others do not have to go through what I have had to go through with LG. The cost each time for the part to replace is $135

Resolution response: Nov. 11, 2021

I gave a one star review when my ice maker broke and I failed to realize it wasn't user error within the warranty period. LG immediately reached out and much to my surprise, a repairman fixed it today for free. So I must eat my words and I've learned I should probably call them first. I have to say, all my other LG appliances and electronics have outlasted average lifespan.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The ice maker in lower freezer stopped producing ice at 11 months. I thought we caused it leaving door ajar (kids). I tried defrosting it. We tried resetting it. Eventually researched and found it's a common problem. My warranty is now up so I'm paying to have it fixed. I would never pay this much for a product that had a reputation for such issues. Historically I've done well with LG washers, dryers, electronics. This fridge really upsets me.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

1.5 years after buying a brand new LG stove, it broke down. Brand new LG fridge and freezer broke after 3-4 years and we called someone to fix it at the same time, they told us it would be $80 to bring someone in. We agreed. They then told us everything had to be replaced and charged us $400 for that information without a single warning that we would have additional charges after that $80. Instead we were told "when repairs are made the $80 would be subtracted from the repair cost" except the repair cost was more than a new appliance. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

The icebox keeps things on every shelf good and cold. We enjoy all the room separate compartments. Ice maker could make bigger ice. Lol. Butter and cheese stays along with milk. Stays forever. Vegetable crispets are a dream

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been looking for a new refrigerator/freezer unit for some time in anticipation in placing it in our new house. This unit fulfills all of our needs, it allows my wife to look in the freezer and look at everything at a glance instead of searching like she had to in our old one. The refrigerator portion is much more spacious and we have yet to fill it up yet. What I like is the ice and water dispenser on the outside of the unit, it is able to take my water bottles with room to spare instead of angling them in and getting ice and water all over the place.

LG Refrigerators Company Information