4.11/5

77 Kenmore Freezer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

Horrible experience! Don’t order from them! Bought a Kenmore deep freezer that stopped working after 4 months and lost 6 months worth of Breastmilk, something I can never get back! I’ve been calling Kenmore and Sears and keep getting passed on from one department to the next with no one is acknowledging the manufacturer warranty! I wrote something via their FB and then had someone respond - won’t give refund because more than 30 days but can’t send someone to fix it for more than 3 weeks!

Original review: July 14, 2018

It's the perfect little 10 c.f. freezer for our small family. It's light, easy to move and energy efficient. We don't fill it all the way but if empty we unplug and easily clean it out.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This refrigerator has been purchased over 9 past years, and all through years - nothing was interfered nor damaged whatsoever. I occasionally included minor questions, and freely include their 800 number with additional questions & responses. Very nice company!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I find this freezer an excellent choice. It's both affordable and efficient. It has plenty of room, yet doesn't cost me a fortune on my electric bill. Thank you sincerely.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a 7 cu ft that has been moved 3 times and works like a charm. Just wish we had gotten a larger freezer. I will probably get another Kenmore when this one freezes its last.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Kenmore Freezer has room for many different reasons. You can put many left over from the night before and you can compartment cold and hot vegetables.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I bought this freezer several years ago and it is totally frost-free. Shelves are well placed and easy to access. There are also shelves on the door. I have been very pleased with this product and have never had any problem.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Just purchased a new smaller freezer 4 weeks ago. Had much larger previous freezer for 25 years that went bad at Thanksgiving. At 82 yrs old decided to downsize to smaller one. Hope I am as pleased with this one as I was with previous freezer.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I have had good results with all my Kenmore appliances. I would highly recommend this product. I have used Kenmore appliances for many years. I have been very satisfied with all the Kenmore Products I have used.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I've had this freezer for 20 years. No problems with it and we even had to move to another State and it still is working great. I would recommend a Kenmore to anyone.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've had this Kenmore Freezer for 23 years and it's still standing strong! I've never had to maintenance the unit during the course of ownership. All of our items freeze thoroughly and quickly. The only issue, that is due to true wear and tear, is the seal is not strong at all. Once we close it, it's closed and air doesn't leak out but it doesn't have the same resistance when lifting the freezer door open as when we first got the unit.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Mine is not huge and small is what I wanted. Kenmore had exactly the right size. Mine is not an open at the top, rather opens just like a refrigerator. I love having the extra place and space for to buy extra and buy larger amounts to save money. Friends ask where I got it all the time. It is so likable and handy. My daughter bought one also, just because of the size. She is short on space, but this Kenmore is perfect. I like it so well that I would buy another one just like it all over again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Our Kenmore is a 1990' 6 cu. ft. Freezer. It has been in use 100% of the time these 28 years without any problems. We are in the process of updating our appliances to more energy efficient models and will replace this freezer with a new energy star model.

Original review: July 2, 2018

MY overall experience with this Kenmore freezer was a good one. The model I bought was midsize and valued in the middle of the road amongst the freezers I was choosing from. So when the fan started making a little noise 3 years into its 5 years of use, it didn't bother me too much. It was fairly efficient the entire time and never had to defrost it. In the end I sold it for half what I paid for it, so solid value.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have had Sears out no lie 9 times on my 4 year old freezer for an ice maker that doesn’t work. I also have a Sears extended warranty... They come this Friday again.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Freezer quit working. Tech instructed me to put it in my back seat of my car and bring it in for service??? What happened to "we service what we sell." Haven't purchased any Kenmore products since. Took it to the dump along with the ruined food.

Original review: July 1, 2018

The freezer works great. I have have had it for three years mos now and it's an upright. It has kept the cold temp even when it's hot outside. Never any problems.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have used only Sears Kenmore brands for over 45 years. I gave a 30 year old one to my girlfriend in 2015 and recently had to use the one I gave her for a few days because my present one was too full of food. Both freezers are still working fine.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Great refrigerator and freezer! Very pleased with its operation, features and reliability. I love the double door access and separate compartment for the freezer. Very quiet in its operation.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have an upright medium size Kenmore freezer. I have owned it for more than five years with no breakdowns. However, it’s a bit fragile inside around the frame and floor areas. Although it’s supposed to be frost free, ice builds up in frozen foods.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My freezer (upright) is 9 years old, continues to operate perfectly and has never required a repair. It is frost free, upright with door lock and has been an excellent investment.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Kenmore Freezer's cheap, not just in price, but it is also shoddy. It breaks easily, lock never even worked and doesn't stay closed; we put a 5 gallon pail of paint on it to hold it closed.

Original review: June 27, 2018

It's a great freezer for a family of 4. It fits in anywhere with just right the height. The 3 shelves are wide and deep enough for pizzas and even a large turkey to fit on and the drawer at the bottom is perfect for vegetables or extra bread. I like the frost free feature too. Overall, it also has great value for the price.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We bought the freezer thirty years ago and are still using it. We have moved it twice and never had any trouble, or have to have it repaired. We are still very happy with it.

Original review: June 25, 2018

4 years ago I bought two regular Kenmore Freezers, not of the frost-free genre, per the advisement of the manager of a Sears outlet, near where I live. He said that the non-frost free freezers are less prone to fail, and they get fewer complaints on them, than their frost-free ones. Nevertheless, I've had nothing but trouble with ice buildup, in both of these uprights, since I purchased them. Over the course of this past winter, I have had to regularly empty, defrost, and reorganize one of them, at least once a month. Then the ice builds up in it badly within one week of turning them back on. I only use a medium temperature setting. A Kenmore Frost-Free upright freezer, which I only purchased two years ago, has now completely died on me.

Last week I spoke to Sears Repair Service about the problems that I have been having. They said that freezers should last 8-10 years, and some people get 20 years use, out of them. This made me feel like I had purchased some duds! These are the first brand new freezers, that I have ever purchased, and my experience with them has been miserable!!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have had this Kenmore freezer for 15 years and is still running like the first day I got it. Never have had to get it repaired. I would highly recommend it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I had a self-defrosting Kenmore freezer that lasted +/- 10 years. The electronics went kaput and would cost more than buying a new freezer. We bought a non-frost-free freezer and love it. It's larger but we have only had to defrost it once in 3 years.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The freezer went bad in 3 years. I bought an extended warranty but they said the freezer was not covered in the warranty. What good was the warranty anyways?

Original review: June 22, 2018

After only 2 years the timer needed to be replaced, $250, turned a good buy into a loser. Thought I would get a lot more use before a major repair. They don't build them like they used to. I will check consumer reports before my next appliance purchase.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My Kenmore is over 20 yrs old. But the side by side is very small. It is hard to put a lot of frozen foods in. But I buy KENMORE whenever I can. Thank you so very much.

Kenmore Freezer expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kenmore is known for its home appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens and freezers. Their freezers come in black or white with digital or mechanical control systems and range in size from under 10 to over 21 cubic feet. You can find pricing and retailers near you on Kenmore’s website.

• Storage capacity: Kenmore chest freezers come with plenty of storage capacity so you can store bulk foods like meat, berries and vegetables without taking up space in your house freezer. They come with two heavy-duty, sliding storage baskets to help you keep your freezer organized.

• Temperature control and drainage: Each unit has a small interior temperature control that lets you easily adjust the freezer's temperature. The defrost drain makes removing ice and water convenient.

• Energy use: You can check each freezer model’s power performance and whether or not it’s Energy Star compliant on Kenmore’s website. The power performance section shows you kilowatt hours per year and noise level in decibels.

• General features: Kenmore freezers include general features such as defrost systems, water drains, storage baskets and interior lights. Some units have temperature alarms and security locks.

• Warranties: Kenmore freezers come with a 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.

• Best for: consumers wanting a large capacity chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout