4.30/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

42 Kenmore Freezer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

It's been reliable for almost 9 years, but it's narrow and the door when open impedes access. The unit as a whole is noisy when running. Could we do better?

Original review: June 16, 2018

Our Kenmore freezer died a few days prior to Christmas 2017. Having a hard time getting replacement parts from repair sites. Will continue to try as it isn't that old.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I bought this upright freezer in about 1980. This Kenmore freezer was well worth the about $400 I paid for it. I have never needed service and I am in another home with it in my basement as extra storage.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My experience with this product was great. It was easy to clean, also my bill wasn't high either. My food was kept frozen without freezer burn as long as you follow manufacturer instruction.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was ok at first then it started making sounds. And it didn't have enough slots for small pack and med one. Plus I had to defrost it which was a pain. Other than that it did the job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?

Original review: June 12, 2018

It doesn’t have enough shelf space. The shelves are not very strong and they sag in the middle. The door shelves are too narrow and cannot hold very much. I have owned Kenmore appliances for a lot of years and I am very disappointed in the freezer I bought.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I bought my Kenmore more than 25 years ago, and it has never quit on me. I can stock up on any frozen products, including meats and seasonal fruits and veggies. It is great.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Cross my fingers! Have owned this freezer over 10 years and have never had a problem. The way it has performed, hope I never have to buy another. Would recommend to anyone in a minute.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I bought my Kenmore freezer about 15 years ago. I've never had one problem. When the price is right I will buy a newer, more energy efficient model. This was a great buy.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The freezer seems to be running most of the time. I like the size and it is an upright, a lot easier to see the contents. I had a chest freezer before but you could not see what was on the bottom.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Most of the seal on the freezer and fridge door is loose. It's only 5 years old. Sometimes the freezer is packed with ice water, leaks out in the back but only in the summertime.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We purchased the Kenmore basic stainless steel fridge with double doors, freezer on bottom, no water or ice maker in door as we don’t like our water out here. Our problem is that the bottom freezer is too small, everything else is all good!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Had refrigerator so long, the finish is worn off in spots and I have to Gorilla tape the freezing compartment shut. It has been a good refrigerator other than that.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My Kenmore is just what I needed for my growing family. And now as empty nesters, it is just what the 2 of us need. And it will be replaced, you got it, by a Kenmore.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My family has been a Kenmore family since I was a young person. I have had this freezer for 7 yrs and I have never had a problem. I would recommend Kenmore.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The freezer needs to be larger in size. The side door should be larger as well. Rearrange the vegetable drawers because you can never really open the one next to the door completely.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I just replaced my Kenmore freezer. The one that I had finally gave out after 25 yrs. I only had to have my old freezer repaired once in that time. I got my new one and only hope that it will last half as long.

Original review: May 30, 2018

It is an ok freezer. Once it didn't keep cold. That problem has disappeared. It is a small freezer (10.8 cubic feet.). It has no door lock. You cannot shut off the light.

Original review: May 27, 2018

As long as a freezer has room for larger items and good spacing there should never be a problem. Most freezers have adjustable shelving and that is a plus.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We bought our freezer as a replacement for a Kenmore upright that we had for over 20 years. The new one is a little chest but actually holds a lot more. However as I am only 5'2", sometimes I have to get a stool to reach the bottom.

Original review: March 28, 2018

When I looked at the Kenmore Freezer in the store I already knew what I was getting and I am 100% happy with my purchase. I like that it has many uses and keeps my food nice and cold. I also like how it has different items that I can use and label.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We like the size of the freezer as we needed a smaller one and we could not afford too much. It's less expensive than many we looked at, but we are very unhappy with how the ice accumulates around the lid and upper part of freezer. It did this from the beginning. It is not something we caused. We purchased this freezer in Kmart as it was the exact size we wanted. We would have preferred a different brand, but this is what they had. It is a good brand, but we prefer the brand we had before this.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I love that the unit is spacious, designed perfectly, has many settings for coldness, has plenty of room drawers and shelves are placed in the design very well. It fits well and suits each and every need I have. I am very comfortable with it and I trust that it will work right. I have really enjoyed using this brand. I am loyal to them and believe in them for further purchases.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Simple, classic, fun, and upscale. This brand has always been reliable for me and my family. We have been purchasing their products for years and have not had any problems with them. Their products always seem to work well for us with little to no problems at all. However, I would like to try a more modern version of one of their products that uses different smart features. But my experience with this brand has always been outstanding. This brand has a high quality reputation that has always been held in high regards. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking for dependable appliances.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I liked that it was a larger double door, and that it was stainless steel. It also had a nice ice and water dispenser which never gave us any issues. Its size was definitely the best quality. But the main thing I did not like was the inconvenience of stainless steel. It is so hard to keep clean with kids. Side by side is difficult to store a lot in, but we always made it work. But it was always amazing. We had it for 6 years and never had a single. Definitely one of the best that we have ever owned. I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I like that this Kenmore freezer is an Energy star appliance so it is good for the environment and saves me money each month on my electric bill. It was also affordable to purchase. But I would improve the warranty of this product if I could change about It. It wasn't for very long. Hopefully it doesn't break down on me anytime soon. That would make me upset with the company. But overall, I really like this brand. Sears had so many discounts. It also looks great inside of my house and is really spacious.

Original review: March 19, 2018

It is a good product. It is good for my food and it helps with my fresh food stay fresh. I like how cool my food is after I pull it out of the refrigerator. It is a good brand name and we all like it in my house. But I don't like how much money it cost. They are hard to carry in to the house and the warranty they had was not good at all. Other than that, I will recommend it to people for sure.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The best feature about this brand is that it allows you to adjust the temperature and the size of the freezer. It allows me to go shopping and stock up for a long time. My friends really enjoy coming over and storing their food because of its space. It also gives you the experience of personalizing it and choosing your style. The customer service is awesome too.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The unit has been great so far. Love that it is so spacious, there is enough room for all of my homemade baked goods. We always meal prep, and have a large area to keep it all now. However, it needs more shelves. There is so much empty space in the freezer. I will have to get storage bins to place in there. We have been looking for great ways to expand the shelf areas.

Original review: March 14, 2018

This deep freezer stays cold and there is a little light toward the bottom of the freezer that lets you know it is plugged in and working. It also came with a basket to help keep it organized. The appliances I have purchased from Kenmore have exceed expectations. My overall experience, including other appliances I've purchased from them, has been excellent. I've never had any problems or had to complain to customer service about anything.

Kenmore Freezer expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kenmore is known for its home appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens and freezers. Their freezers come in black or white with digital or mechanical control systems and range in size from under 10 to over 21 cubic feet. You can find pricing and retailers near you on Kenmore’s website.

• Storage capacity: Kenmore chest freezers come with plenty of storage capacity so you can store bulk foods like meat, berries and vegetables without taking up space in your house freezer. They come with two heavy-duty, sliding storage baskets to help you keep your freezer organized.

• Temperature control and drainage: Each unit has a small interior temperature control that lets you easily adjust the freezer's temperature. The defrost drain makes removing ice and water convenient.

• Energy use: You can check each freezer model’s power performance and whether or not it’s Energy Star compliant on Kenmore’s website. The power performance section shows you kilowatt hours per year and noise level in decibels.

• General features: Kenmore freezers include general features such as defrost systems, water drains, storage baskets and interior lights. Some units have temperature alarms and security locks.

• Warranties: Kenmore freezers come with a 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.

• Best for: consumers wanting a large capacity chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout