4.55/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: March 28, 2018

22 Kenmore Freezer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 28, 2018

When I looked at the Kenmore Freezer in the store I already knew what I was getting and I am 100% happy with my purchase. I like that it has many uses and keeps my food nice and cold. I also like how it has different items that I can use and label.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We like the size of the freezer as we needed a smaller one and we could not afford too much. It's less expensive than many we looked at, but we are very unhappy with how the ice accumulates around the lid and upper part of freezer. It did this from the beginning. It is not something we caused. We purchased this freezer in Kmart as it was the exact size we wanted. We would have preferred a different brand, but this is what they had. It is a good brand, but we prefer the brand we had before this.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I love that the unit is spacious, designed perfectly, has many settings for coldness, has plenty of room drawers and shelves are placed in the design very well. It fits well and suits each and every need I have. I am very comfortable with it and I trust that it will work right. I have really enjoyed using this brand. I am loyal to them and believe in them for further purchases.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Simple, classic, fun, and upscale. This brand has always been reliable for me and my family. We have been purchasing their products for years and have not had any problems with them. Their products always seem to work well for us with little to no problems at all. However, I would like to try a more modern version of one of their products that uses different smart features. But my experience with this brand has always been outstanding. This brand has a high quality reputation that has always been held in high regards. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking for dependable appliances.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I liked that it was a larger double door, and that it was stainless steel. It also had a nice ice and water dispenser which never gave us any issues. Its size was definitely the best quality. But the main thing I did not like was the inconvenience of stainless steel. It is so hard to keep clean with kids. Side by side is difficult to store a lot in, but we always made it work. But it was always amazing. We had it for 6 years and never had a single. Definitely one of the best that we have ever owned. I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?

Original review: March 20, 2018

I like that this Kenmore freezer is an Energy star appliance so it is good for the environment and saves me money each month on my electric bill. It was also affordable to purchase. But I would improve the warranty of this product if I could change about It. It wasn't for very long. Hopefully it doesn't break down on me anytime soon. That would make me upset with the company. But overall, I really like this brand. Sears had so many discounts. It also looks great inside of my house and is really spacious.

Original review: March 19, 2018

It is a good product. It is good for my food and it helps with my fresh food stay fresh. I like how cool my food is after I pull it out of the refrigerator. It is a good brand name and we all like it in my house. But I don't like how much money it cost. They are hard to carry in to the house and the warranty they had was not good at all. Other than that, I will recommend it to people for sure.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The best feature about this brand is that it allows you to adjust the temperature and the size of the freezer. It allows me to go shopping and stock up for a long time. My friends really enjoy coming over and storing their food because of its space. It also gives you the experience of personalizing it and choosing your style. The customer service is awesome too.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The unit has been great so far. Love that it is so spacious, there is enough room for all of my homemade baked goods. We always meal prep, and have a large area to keep it all now. However, it needs more shelves. There is so much empty space in the freezer. I will have to get storage bins to place in there. We have been looking for great ways to expand the shelf areas.

Original review: March 14, 2018

This deep freezer stays cold and there is a little light toward the bottom of the freezer that lets you know it is plugged in and working. It also came with a basket to help keep it organized. The appliances I have purchased from Kenmore have exceed expectations. My overall experience, including other appliances I've purchased from them, has been excellent. I've never had any problems or had to complain to customer service about anything.

Original review: March 13, 2018

It works well and love it... Over 20 years old. This have made several moves with us over the years and has been an asset to our house. Never had any ice build-up and it is extremely easy to clean. Never had any odd smells or leaks either. But hinges drive me batty and is by far the worst thing about my freezer. I hate that the door hits me on the head sometimes. I am not looking forward to replacing this unit though. They just don't make things the way they used to. I will most likely replace it with the same brand for Sears.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I like the icemaker water dispenser and the vegetable bin. Also love the spots for butter and the eggs. Keeps them fresh longer. Good shelf space and can be adjusted for 2 liter bottles of juice or pop. Great meat drawer too and keeps meats cold. Love the moving shelves and adjustable racks. But wish there was more space for tall items without taking up all the room. Increase ice making and redesign vegetable bin too. Would have more drawers for vegetables and fruits and for lunchmeats. Other than that very good product. Have had ours for 10 years now still works like the day we bought it. Would buy again if need one at a later time. We bought a unit for our kids when they married. They love the unit and are so happy with the product.

Original review: March 11, 2018

It's a regular freezer, it has a small ice maker on the bottom and plenty of room for everything. It has 3 shelf racks and it keeps everything frozen. It's going on seven years old and still runs like new, I've never had any major issues with it. But they could make the ice maker quieter, but not more complicated to set up. That would be awesome. It could also use more slots for the shelf racks since they don't space out enough for bigger items.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I love this brand and I would recommend this to anyone. I have had many friends ask me and I have always directed them to this one. It is great for get together with family and when you decide to have people over for drinks or dinner this can be great for people to use in the house. I like the ability to change temperature on moderator and it is also very cool that ice and water come out inversely to and from around the center of the column. This was new and interesting to me. I had a very great experience. But I don't like that you are not able to change the light and the setting to which the moderator machine will contribute to the other side of the piece.

Original review: March 9, 2018

It’s pretty basic and simple to use. It has extra cold settings and plenty of room! I couldn't ask for more simple or better or easier than pie a better freezer experience!!!! But I would like it to use less electricity and maybe it could be slightly bigger so I can put more food and ice cream type items inside of it. Otherwise it’s been great and I love it so much. All in all, it has been wonderful to use for our household.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I use the freezer for what it is needed for and it does the job as expected without any hassle. Long Lasting and durable and has a lot of room. Fits all of my products/foods I need to store and easy to access when my products are needed for an occasion. Typical item I could of asked for and worth what I have paid for it. I don’t like the color, however, it's the color I chose when I purchased it. I would also change where the temperature adjuster is at and place it on the front instead if near the rear.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Kenmore is a very trusted name with extremely quality products. I have always bought another Kenmore brand whenever I needed a new appliance, like my washer and dryer. It's definitely a name I can trust and rely on. I have a stand up freezer and I like it because of all the viewable space. It needs defrosting at least once a year, but is really easy to accomplish. But I would like it to be more frost-free. Also the outside skin gets very dirty and needs frequent cleaning. I would like a more durable and less likely to attract dirt outer skin. Other than that I have never had any trouble with my Kenmore freezer and I have had it over 20 years.

Original review: March 3, 2018

It is a good product and has lasted a long time. Has been in our house for many years without any issues. I am able to keep a lot of food in the freezer and we have hardly any freezer burn. We only do when I am not careful with the dates on the product. Hold a good amount of food and doesn't frost easily and fast. Would purchase this product again in the future and I would gladly give a recommendation on this product because of the longevity of it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

It's stand alone and easy to get in and out of with plenty of room to store lots of stuff... It always keeps things cold and yummy, especially ice cream. It freezes along the rim of the freezer, but that's a minor problem and that's easily correctable. It keeps everything frozen as it should so I've never had a problem with it. Everything was great.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My grandparents, and great-grandparents and all my aunts and uncles all used the Kenmore brand, so I grew up with it and I know I can rely on it. Mine freezes my food without freezer burn, I like the size and shape of it. It's a floor freezer, not a stand-up. The color matches the rest of my kitchen appliances too. Best freezer ever. I just need more room so I can put an extra basket or shelf in it. It's not something Kenmore can change, I just need to buy a new one. That would be on me to choose it and my husband to buy it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I like the depth and the ability to drain periodically. I like how it always keeps the food frozen. This freezer is very reliable and always performs very well. The freezer is very reliable and is deep enough that I can organize the food very effectively. It is dependable and reliable and always freezes the food to an optimal level. I am very happy with the Kenmore brand and the performance of my freezer. I would recommend Kenmore and I would purchase the brand again. But I would make the freezer model larger and wider so it had the ability to hold more food. I could also organize the food better and keep track of what frozen food was inside the freezer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We purchased this Kenmore 14 cu ft auto-defrost upright freezer from Sears less than 4 years ago. It worked relatively well for about 10 months. After that, it worked mostly well. Just over a year (days after the full warranty) it started to work intermittently. The door seals are horrible. It runs 24/7 and NEVER freezes now. We are about to throw away $500 worth of food - as much as the freezer cost to begin with. Kenmore USED to be good. Now (after three terrible microwaves - one DOA) and this awful freezer, I am afraid they have lost a loyal 50 year customer forever. Virtually everything we have bought from Sears in the past 5 years is terrible. I think they will be closing very soon. Wall Street has borrowed everything they are worth and raided them to death. If we could give a "negative 5 stars", we would From our recent experiences, good riddance!

Kenmore Freezer expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kenmore is known for its home appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens and freezers. Their freezers come in black or white with digital or mechanical control systems and range in size from under 10 to over 21 cubic feet. You can find pricing and retailers near you on Kenmore’s website.

• Storage capacity: Kenmore chest freezers come with plenty of storage capacity so you can store bulk foods like meat, berries and vegetables without taking up space in your house freezer. They come with two heavy-duty, sliding storage baskets to help you keep your freezer organized.

• Temperature control and drainage: Each unit has a small interior temperature control that lets you easily adjust the freezer's temperature. The defrost drain makes removing ice and water convenient.

• Energy use: You can check each freezer model’s power performance and whether or not it’s Energy Star compliant on Kenmore’s website. The power performance section shows you kilowatt hours per year and noise level in decibels.

• General features: Kenmore freezers include general features such as defrost systems, water drains, storage baskets and interior lights. Some units have temperature alarms and security locks.

• Warranties: Kenmore freezers come with a 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.

• Best for: consumers wanting a large capacity chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout