4.1/5 (94 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Freezer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?

Original review: June 29, 2021

So disappointed and dissatisfied. This is for a Kenmore upright freezer Model 111.21202910 purchased through Sears. Bought it in Nov. 2019. Broke down in May 2021. Sears tech. came out to look at it. Said it is the fan and when he moved a wire the fan worked, one day later still not freezing, another tech. came and said it might be the thermostat and the cost is $400, which is half of the price of the freezer or a full price for a smaller one, just do not buy Kenmore freezers and if you do, buy the extended warranty or you will lose a lot of money.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I love my upright freezer. Easy to see and reach food. Only thing that maybe can be improved is the soft-service door. It is a bit unstable flimsy. Maybe by design door is light-weighted to allow some freezing for butter/ice cream, wine etc., but it flops down too easily. Perhaps a better latch will be the least cost effective.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2021

I bought this freezer to store not only extra store-bought frozen food, but also for bulk-cooked meals. It has performed admirably, quiet; efficient; low operating cost; easy to defrost (chest); space-saving design. 15 years of trouble-free operation; and counting.

Original review: March 17, 2021

The ice maker broke a year into it. The outside of the appliance rust easily. Do not see keeping this 5 years. Never another Kenmore! It is little wonder Sears has gone out of business! The brand name Kenmore stood for quality long ago. Sad really, if they would have kept producing quality they may still be around!

Original review: March 16, 2021

Extra freezer has been a very useful buy for me, Being a frugal shopper, like to stock up on fresh vegetables in season for use in times when either not available or high priced in off season. Additionally an avid gardener, home grown vegetables my pride, joy & accomplishments stored.

Original review: March 15, 2021

This 17cubic foot frost free upright freezer was purchased in 2012 and has held vegetables and meats that fed hundreds of people in my community. When I was bringing it home it fell over because it was not secured properly. I was fearful that it had been destroyed. I managed to lift and secure it well. I have only changed the lightbulb inside once. It has been a wonderful appliance to own. It has stored donations for a soup kitchen and hungry family members. If it could talk I believe it would say, ‘I like feeding the people.” Kenmore last longer than any appliance purchased by me. My freezer has allowed many meals to be prepared and fed many people.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I have a side by side and 3- drawer refrigerator with ice maker on side. I love it is beautiful, very spacious and luxurious. The only downside Ice maker is a little slow but I was told by the vendor that all refrigerators top ice makers are the same. Other than that I give it a satisfactory review.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I have owned my Kenmore freezer for almost 15 years and am thrilled with its performance. I have not had any issues, no problems, no need for service calls, it just keeps running and running and running. I would highly recommend Kenmore appliances.

Original review: March 12, 2021

ANY Kenmore appliance gets an A plus from me. My Kenmore 20 frostless freezer is OVER 20 years old & STILL kicking butt! LOVE my Kenmores & the prices are right. All of the ones I've owned have performed flawlessly and are of good quality.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I love my Kenmore freezer. Couldn’t do without it! I have only purchased two in the last 66 year and the one that I am using now is still doing a fantastic job! I would recommend anyone to buy a Kenmore freezer...they are the best and longest lasting!!

Kenmore Freezer author review by Jonathan Trout

Kenmore is known for its home appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens and freezers. Their freezers come in black or white with digital or mechanical control systems and range in size from under 10 to over 21 cubic feet. You can find pricing and retailers near you on Kenmore’s website.

• Storage capacity: Kenmore chest freezers come with plenty of storage capacity so you can store bulk foods like meat, berries and vegetables without taking up space in your house freezer. They come with two heavy-duty, sliding storage baskets to help you keep your freezer organized.

• Temperature control and drainage: Each unit has a small interior temperature control that lets you easily adjust the freezer's temperature. The defrost drain makes removing ice and water convenient.

• Energy use: You can check each freezer model’s power performance and whether or not it’s Energy Star compliant on Kenmore’s website. The power performance section shows you kilowatt hours per year and noise level in decibels.

• General features: Kenmore freezers include general features such as defrost systems, water drains, storage baskets and interior lights. Some units have temperature alarms and security locks.

• Warranties: Kenmore freezers come with a 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team