Frigidaire Freezers

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The Frigidaire 17 CF frost free upright freezer model FFFH17F2QW failed after only 18 months of use and is beyond its paltry one year warranty. The service technician diagnosed a defective thermostat control. Not only is the freezer a disappointment, but working with Electrolux Branded Service (Frigidaire is an Electrolux brand) was a bad experience. The technician who arrived to diagnose the freezer did not provide me with a written diagnosis, which I requested to submit to AMEX Assurance Company to exercise my credit card's extended warranty. After repeated calls to Electrolux Branded Service and Frigidaire Customer Service, the only thing I received was an invoice for the service call, with no documentation of the freezer problem, so my extended warranty claim was denied. This is my first and last Frigidaire/Electrolux appliance.

I am very disappointed in the company that manages the Frigidaire products. I purchased an upright freezer from Lowe's and I've experienced a product defect and was told that unless there is a product recall on the model freezer I bought, there's nothing they can do. I ask how does a product get recalled, and was told that complaints must be registered with Consumer Affairs. Sounds like a lame excuse to not take responsibility to me. Consumer Affairs, how many reviews do you need in order to investigate?

I purchased 2 Frigidaire upright freezers for my son and daughter this past Christmas. Stocked them both with $600.00 of Prime meat each. At the end of June, while my daughter and her new husband were away, the freezer apparently overheated, thawed all of the meat- leaving a bloody mess all over the floor and rug- and then refroze. When they returned home, their house smelled like carrion.

We have been trying to resolve this issue with no success. The place of purchase will not do anything because Frigidaire will not accept responsibility. When I called Frigidaire so called 'customer service' I spoke with an extremely rude woman who would acknowledge nothing, told me that if the entire unit wasn't completely cleaned up their technician wouldn't even look at it. She would not transfer me or give me the name of a supervisor. So, at the end of the day, there could be three parts responsible for this sudden thawing and refreezing but NO ONE will take responsibility or help us. BTW- there is even a Facebook site called Frigidaire sucks- check it out.

BUYERS BEWARE "Basically lost $1850" worth of food after purchasing a "brand new" Frigidaire upright freezer model LFFH20F3QWC from Lowe's! FROM 7/2/16 THRU 8/9/16 he had been "steadily" filling up this freezer including, 2 "huge deer irreplaceable"! Until next yr! I mean completely and I put evidence straight into another freezer as proof! Extended warranty only covers $150! Was told by register clerk at checkout would be $1000 on food. I've contacted Frigidaire. They say, "I'm sorry. nothing can be done!" It's hard to believe the hardworking man consumer is not protected by someone when he purchasing a "brand new"! Products. I mean nearly 2000 dollars worth FOOD!! Any ADVICE please.

Frigidaire 20.2 stainless freezer LEMON. We purchased 2 Frigidaire upright freezers LFFH20F3QM0 from Lowe's. Six months or so after purchasing them, one completely failed. Leaving our newly started restaurant down one freezer and out close to $1000 worth of product. Lowe's sent someone to repair it in December and was unwilling to replace any of the food that was lost. We moved the freezer to another location because we feared the same issue and could not afford to have this happen again. Well, nevertheless to say it happened again this July. This time ruining my nieces laminate flooring and we lost more money.

I called Lowe's and Frigidaire. Lowe's offered no solution. While the lovely lady Ashley at Frigidaire explained very aggressively that she was above me because she was an engineer! I was unable to talk and felt like she belittled me. I called back and got another rep and they explained that this time it failed because of the outlet it was plugged into. Which it does not state it needs a special outlet in the manual. We are done with Frigidaire and Lowe's. Have purchased 6 appliances at Lowe's between my niece and me and have had something wrong with each. 2 of which are no longer able to be used. Seems like no coincidence.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

WARNING TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING AT BUYING A FRIGIDAIRE FREEZER -- DON'T. I bought a brand new Frigidaire upright freezer on December 21, 2014. On June 28, 2016 it completely quit working. This freezer is only 18 months old. Didn't purchase an extended warranty because by the time a repairman comes out to fix it, I would have already had to purchase a replacement to keep from losing everything in it. Had a repairman look at it and the cost to repair equal to the cost of replacement. Will never buy another FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT.

We purchased an upright freezer in April, 2015. We had just stocked it last month, 5/16 with about $500 worth of meat. It is in our partially finished basement so I don't see it daily. I found it on 6/9/16 with blood all over our floor. The meat had all frozen and there was a terrible mess. I called the store, who sent me to the warranty dept., who told me to call the factory repair place. They were out the next Mon., ordered the 3 parts that had gone out, from my kitchen. The parts place said they received the parts order on 6/15/16.

Here it is 6/27/16 and we have now been told one part may not be available. But still we are here with no freezer, no food in the house, all the money went to stock the freezer that thawed, and all I am getting is a bunch of runaround, pass the buck, and in layman's term, "too bad, so sad". I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THAT STORE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE AGAIN! They don't respect their customers or their products!

I took the freezer home with $380 worth of food from same club to put in the new freezer. The key to the freezer was left inside the locked freezer with the owner's manual! I called Frigidaire customer service. The representative expressed her sorrow and claimed that the packaging and sales of the freezer are done by Lowe's and are the responsibility of Lowe's. She called Lowe's and they could not assist without returning the freezer first. The manager at Lowe's did try to help and apologized. He explained what I already knew that in fact Fridg of course handles all packaging and that the key should have been taped to the back of the freezer in the bag with the manual. Thankfully, my son was able to unlock the freezer using needle-nose pliers by pushing the knob in and turning to the left. I'm shocked that this would happen... This was made and packaged in the USA. What does this say about the quality of the American worker? Sad.

I purchased the freezer 1.5 years ago. It is building up ice and frost inside. I called Frigidaire and they told me it was a leak and they won't cover it, nor will they cover the part. It will cost me 200 to repair an almost new freezer. This is a piece of junk and I will never buy Frigidaire again. Judging by the reviews, I am not alone.

I am not exactly sure when the Frigidaire and Kenmore frost-free upright freezers started being manufactured by Electrolux but I bought one of the first models in a frost-free upright from Sears in 2001. I fully expected it to last as long as my first upright, purchased in 1979 which is still chugging along for my friend I sold it to. This freezer has broken down 3 times and is now just a piece of junk as the parts that might fix it are no longer made as it is more than 10 years old. The first 2 repairs were quick and easy, the defrost thermometer died. The second repair was done by a wonderful older man who said that it was a design flaw that they had fixed in later models.

More than a year ago (April 2015) it died again. The temperature alarm didn't go off at all. Luckily, I caught it before the food totally unfroze but a number of things, like berries, other fruit and veggies were toast. I put it on "quick freeze" until the guy from Sears turned up. The guy clearly knew nothing about freezers as he told me that I had packed it too full of food so that there was no air circulation. He said that "the shelves have bars in them that I should keep clear so the cold air could circulate". Even I know that the air circulates down the sides and along the back!!! So this breakdown was my fault and I pay for not just the service call but also for his helpful advice. It stopped again and I made it clear that I didn't want the last "serviceman" I had had. The next one replaced the defrost thermometer again but I lost everything in the freezer... over $1200 worth of food, when that repair didn't help.

After frantically calling the service centre in an attempt to not lose the food, I was told that the first available appointment was 3 weeks away. When I explained that it was an emergency, they said they could send someone out that night. Well, guess who was supposed to come? The knowledgeable first tech who refused to come because I had complained about him treating me like a "dumb blonde". He refused to come. I was then told that someone would be at my house the next morning at 8 am. I explained that I had a funeral to attend at 11 am, so it was very important that the repair guy arrived on time. I phoned 5 times between 8:30 and 10:30 am to try to get things worked out but they couldn't reach the guy.

I went to the funeral and found out, when I turned on my phone after the service that he had been at my house at 11 am. Since I wasn't there, I couldn't get another appointment for at least a couple of days as they didn't work on Sunday and they had a backlog. By this time, my patience is in the toilet, so I start emailing Electrolux about the 2 parts I think may be the problem. I want them to check their warehouse to see if they have these parts. Basically, they told me that they have nothing to do with the product after it is shipped to the seller. After 6 emails to get this information, I sent an email to several people in the upper echelons suggesting that they should have stuck with vacuum cleaners, as their appliances were pieces of fecal matter.

I have spent countless hours trying to find the necessary parts... the electronic assembly or the temperature controller as I have an independent repair guy in and he tells me that they are the only parts that could be malfunctioning. Sears Direct in the US has one and only one electronic assembly. After about 12 phone calls and about 15 or so emails, they finally agree to ship it to Canada. We agree that it will go to the Parts Depot here and that I will receive a call when it arrives. They said it would take about 10 days so on day 11, I call the Parts Depot to see if it has arrived and to give them my information again so they can call me when it comes in. I called several times in the next three weeks but still no part. Each time I provided 2 phone numbers at which I could be contacted.

In week 4, I am told that it was sent back to the US as no one had picked it up. A bit difficult to pick it up when you don't know it was there and especially when no one called. The person I spoke with got quite snippy when it appeared the part had arrived on the 11th day and that I was contacted to come to pick it up as marked on their paperwork. The freezer stopped working even on quick freeze a month or 2 later. The part I had ordered from Sears Direct had gone to someone else and all attempts to "jury-rig" a solution to the temperature control were unsuccessful. I am going to buy a freezer I have to defrost with no electronic parts. Hopefully, the place I buy it from will remove the eyesore from my basement at no extra charge as the lowest price I could find to remove it was $150.00 as there is a recycling fee. The depot is 13 blocks away.

I will never buy anything from Sears again. I had to buy a new fridge a couple of years ago. The delivery guys wouldn't give me 3 minutes to wipe the floor underneath the old fridge. They put a huge dent and a scratch on my 6 month old dishwasher (also from Sears). Although I fought with Sears respecting compensation or provision of a new door, all I got was a run-around. They wanted "before and after" pictures. They wanted to know why I hadn't written on their copy of the delivery bill that there was damage. It just went on and on. Whatever happened to customer service? I guess it has gone to the same place as appliances with a reasonable "shelf life". I no longer have the sales receipt, just the bills I paid for "service" but trust me, I was stupid enough to buy this piece of the stuff you scrape off your shoe after a misstep in a dog park.

We ordered a Frigidaire freezer and it came with a big dent that they tried to cover up with a piece of styrofoam. We sent it back and they called to see if we wanted another one. We said as long as it is not dented. Almost two months after we paid for it the other one came. It had a dent as well. Frustrated we kept it. Horrible customer service!!! They say people only complain about the bad and not the good so not true! Believe all the reviews. Do not purchase anything Electrolux. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Bought the model LFFH21F7HW on 11-7-2008 and the electronics component went out 11-26-2015. I cannot believe that a company would build a freezer that is so cheap it cannot last at least 15 years. It was a 21 cubic foot freezer so I lost a lot of food. Will never buy another Frigidaire no matter how well it is rated. If you want to use cheap electronics, feel free. Time to go back to the old age style appliances that my parents and grandparents still have that are older than I am. Purchased at Lowes.

I purchased a upright Frigidaire freezer on 7/1/15. On August 29th I heard a lot of noise at 1 a.m. It was my less than 2 months old freezer. Everything had thawed. I called Lowe's the next day to report it. A service repairman came out Sept. 2. Due to a part problem it was not fixed until Oct. 15th. No I didn't buy the extended warranty. I am out $500 worth of food. Lowe's or Frigidaire could care less. I will not buy another single thing from Lowe's or Frigidaire again.

I purchased a Frigidaire 9.0 cubic foot chest freezer in May of 2011. In March of 2015 the freezer stopped working, unknown to us. We ended up throwing out almost $300.00 worth of food. I had purchased the extended warranty and the unit was repaired - it required a switch which had failed. Fast-forward to October, 2015. This time an activator for the compressor failed. Once again we had the wonderful experience of throwing out almost $300.00 dollars worth of food.

Do not buy a chest freezer from anyone! Frigidaire makes the parts for all chest freezers, so they are all virtually the same. We received no benefits from owning our own freezer and, in fact, have lost almost $600 dollars in food. You are better off letting Walmart be your storage facility. I am out almost a thousand dollars total from buying this appliance and would have been far better off if I had never bought it. All you will get is a lot of sympathy and no compensation when, not if, your unit fails. - One wiser and sadder consumer.

I purchased a brand new stand alone freezer... Within the first 30 days the compressor broke which is the main part of the freezer. Frigidaire said they can't replace my freezer but repair it. Which means I will now stay with a refurbished unit when I've paid full price for the appliance. Frigidaire representative wasn't gonna move from their policy of servicing the unit and not replacing it. At this point we feel like they're using our house as a repair shop.

Frigidaire 20.2 cu freezer - I purchased this freezer on May 24th 2015. It's June 22nd 2015 and I'm stuck with a freezer that doesn't work. They don't stand behind their products. Frigidaire sent out their maintenance people, only they never showed up. I told them to come get it and they still haven't. They said there is nothing more they can do. Don't buy this product.

Purchased a Frigidaire Upright Freezer model GLFH21F8HWJ from Lowes on April 4, 2014 and stopped working 14 months later on June 6, 2015. Contacted Lowes about it. They wanted to know if I had bought their extended warranty and when I said "no", I was told "we are sorry but your freezer is 2 months out of warranty but we can setup a repair at your cost..." The call went to the Philippine Call Center after that. I was told that a repair could be setup 20 days later. I said "what happens to my food in the mean time?" They kept saying over and over "We are so sorry". Got tired of the runaround hung up and contacted a local repair service that responded the very next day. Was told that the defrost heated failed and had to be replaced. Never again will I buy Frigidaire Junk... it made to fail with parts made in China.

We bought a large upright Frigidaire freezer a few years ago because our old chest type was beginning to rust in the garage and we wanted to be sure when it died we had another to depend on. The new freezer has run perfectly up till now. When putting some items in it the other day it stopped running. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it has never kicked back on since. Now all I have in it is thawing out. This is ridiculous for a freezer no older than this one. Frigidaire should be ashamed to sell products with no longer life than this one has had. I don't know if my meats can be saved or not. They are not completely thawed out yet, but all my frozen vegetables are. I am very upset. My rusted freezer is still working great though. Never expected it to be the backup!

The main complaint was ice in my freezer (in-between the door also). I called Badcock to let them know about the problem. So they called the tech out to fix it. Well needless to say, they have been here more than 4 times...still not fixed. The tech called Frigidaire right in front of me before they left my house and the last time the tech told Frigidaire that the problem was unfixable and the freezer at this point needs to be replaced (the freezer is less than a year old). Frigidaire told the tech to sit on the door and make it work, that they do not want to replace, and they also said that it was a manufacture defect that was the problem.

In my book they already admitted that it is a manufacture defect. Why will they not replace it? I heard this myself because the tech had them on speaker phone talking to the tech. Very unprofessional from Frigidaire tech help. Now because so many people have complained about the freezer, Frigidaire had discontinued the sale of the freezer. But they will not replace the freezer even after the tech has told them they cannot fix the problem. So all I have to say ($600.00 later) is shame on you Frigidaire for not being truthful about your made in CHINA **. I will be writing a letter to the BBB about this issue because this is just not right, what you guys are doing to people! FYI Frigidaire, my name is Angel ** and I live in Sebring, Florida so if you read your Reviews and do not like what I had to say look me up in your system and feel free to give me a call!!

My 21 cu ft Frigidaire upright freezer had a SEALED SYSTEM LEAK after only 4 years of use. It is inside our heated and cooled house and is not often opened as we don't have children in the home. It will cost between $500 and $700 to repair which is not worth it. Frigidaire will not make any concessions to replace or repair. The Frigidaire name no longer implies quality and I will not buy another of their appliances nor will I suggest that friends buy their products.

I bought my dad a medium upright freezer from Sears. My dad is an 83 year old, 100% duty related disabled veteran and bronze star recipient. I bought him this freezer because I thought we could rely on both Sears and Frigidaire. About 15 months after installing it in his apartment where it received light use, it quit freezing one day and he lost all of the food inside. Upon inspection, we realized that there is a tiny pinhole in the coolant line in the back that is corroded. We did nothing to cause this pinhole. It must be a manufacturing problem. I tried to get Sears or Frigidaire to reimburse my dad for his food and to replace the freezer. They have no interest in doing either. While the $300 or so it would cost to replace it may not be a lot of money to them, it is to my dad.

We bought a Frigidaire Freezer for our basement... I cook a lot and freeze quite a bit of food. It comes in handy when I'm rushed. Anyway, I have always taken excellent care of my freezer which is about five years old. In fact, it looks like it just came off the showroom. It just died... probably the compressor. I had to remove much of my excellent food, including my processed organic tomatoes, and squeeze them into my kitchen freezer. I was not planning on this inconvenient and unexpected expense! Really! I treated this freezer like royalty. I expected it to last at least twenty years. Now I have to buy a new one... husband says it will cost too much to fix. This will be so inconvenient.

I had not been familiar with the Frigidaire name... my husband and I had bought one Frigidaire dehumidifier at Lowes and promptly returned it when it didn't work, then we bought another and had to return that. Luckily, I found a great dehumidifier I can depend on. When I caught the name on my freezer, after it stopped working, my heart sank. It said Frigidaire. I do not believe this is made in the US. If it is, then the parts are not made here. I am so disappointed and angry. This situation has made a lot of work for me. I will never, ever buy anything from that brand again.

5 years to the day it went out. Center Point Repair technician came out and said the compressor was broke. Since this was the 2nd appliance in 2 months to go I just could not believe it. So I had my husband locate the 3 of 4 parts that could be the problem and install them. We are waiting to see if it is a minor part. Otherwise based on size, I will need to purchase a Frigidaire again. Service contract only go 5 yrs for $100.00. Warren ** offers coverage on the compressor 10 years. Best Buy has the 12.1 Frigidaire with a "Q" which means a recall. It is just 5 yrs too late.

My Frigidaire which I purchased a few years ago is freezing up in the fridge. Tried lowering the thermostat in fridge, still not working. Can you help please, seems to be a common fault.

My mom bought an upright Frigidaire freezer July 3, 2014... It died on her August 7, 2014. She lost a lot of her food. She is 85 years old. Now we want to know what you can do about this...

I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer in March 2013. 15 months later it failed. The motor just stopped. Lost more than $500 of food. Called Frigidaire... They wouldn't stand behind their product. Lectured me about extended warranties...the freezer was 15 months old!! Lowe’s wasn't any help either. I went to my local appliance dealer and bought a GE. I will never buy a Frigidaire again and plan to tell anyone who will listen not to waste their money.

Purchased a Frigidaire steel door fridge. Icemaker went out after 48 hours, which is coincidentally the time limit to report a problem. Icemaker took that much time to create 1 box of ice and by the time it was obvious it was not working, my time limit was up. So, I called the store's repair line and got the runaround and called Electrolux /Frigidaire and got on the repairman list. Next the icemaker creates a bridge of ice on the interior of the refrigerator, connecting itself to the back of the fridge. I called and told "BOTH" entities the new problem.

Next, the fridge got warm. Fluctuated between 37 degrees and 47 degrees. I had wised up to this problem, because everything in the fridge went belly up and I had fresh milk souring every other day. YET, the digital thermostat said it was 37 degrees. So, I had place a real thermometer inside after the 2nd gallon of milk went south and found the issue. Again, I called both repair centers. I had 1 service call from Frigidaire and the seller of this brand new out of the box piece of crap. He looked at it and said he could not help. He had 7-8 others that were the same identical pieces of junk.

So, Frigidaire after the service call and all my calls did nothing but blame the seller and I needed to get them to fix it. So, after being poisoned by Freon, and yes, I have a heart failure and getting a good old dose of Freon turned me inside out. I had just replaced the floor in the kitchen 3 days before this rolling piece of ** hit my door. And guess what folks, IT LEAKED FREON AND THE COMPRESSOR FULL of oil all over my new floor and the floor that had been put down months earlier.

The guys who delivered the new fridge, that the store was finally kind enough to replace, weren't by Frigidaire, and they had even less respect for me and my home. I did not know the oil was on the floor and they literally rolling it over me. I was asking them to wait and give me a minute to ask what it was and to not roll the new fridge over me. MY kitchen is small folks. I have my hands in oil and I see the oil has penetrated down into the floor. Between the Freon and the oil, it will eat the finish off. So, now I am lucky my son snapped a picture of the oil and they want me to:

1- Get 2 different companies to come and evaluate the floor.
2- Have really good pictures.
3- Have my homeowner's policy pay for the damage and they may "consider" paying for it later, of course.
4- Get pricing on replacement flooring.

5- Jump through about 10 other ** they can come up with.

I had the appliance manager at the store I purchased it from tell my son that it is a well known FACTORY DEFAULT and that Freon and the compressor oil will eat the finish off of your floor and your wood with it. So now, Frigidaire will have me jacked up for months trying to get my floor fixed. Just like they did for the 6 weeks prior. So folks, if you see a Frigidaire fridge in rebuilt condition, look to see if it has a nickname. Because at Frigidaire and the purchasing store and both repair centers, it is known as, ** Up. I wanted to draw a pair on and tell them guys to lay it in the truck on its back. I thought it was only fitting.

This makes the 2nd one that cracked everywhere on the inside. I worry about poisoning from freon and it's also running all the time and it's been doing this ever since it cracked all inside. I call, they say it's normal, they all do it now. It's making a heck of noise, kick on and off, the same problem I had with the first one. DO NOT BUY A Frigidaire! I will buy a new one but it sure won't be whirlpool or Frigidaire!

This is the 3rd time my Upright freezer Model Number: FFU17FC5CW0 failed and lost everything inside. All the time one "compressor controller", which is a small part made in Mexico is failing. Why the company did not use quality parts in their products? This freezer is listed as commercial freezer. Never in my life I will buy a Frigidaire product and discourage anybody from buying it.

Paid over $800 for upright freezer at Sears. After exactly 2 years, it's no longer working and no warranty. I've thrown out old freezers just to update because they were so old. So disappointed!

Frigidaire Freezers Company Profile