Frigidaire Freezers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Freezers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Freezers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I had purchased a brand new freezer (Frigidaire) August 11th (one month ago). It was completely defrosted one day and we threw out EVERYTHING. A service rep informed me that the warranty only covers repairs and food loss is our loss. If you cannot provide food loss compensation to a 1 month old unit, what does that say about your products? Additionally, while attempting to argue my case a "supervisor" (which took me a good 20 min to finally be connected with) she said "goodbye" and hung up two min ago. Horrible service.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I'm a neck cancer survivor and because of radiation treatment to my neck I have no salivary glands. Also from the radiation (equal to about 26,000 X-rays) my sense of taste has changed. Water now tastes like saltwater and trying to drink it actually makes me sick. I have no trouble with ice so consequently I use a LOT of it. Our refrigerator ice maker stopped working last year so we bought an Igloo countertop ice maker thinking it made sense as Igloo is obviously well known for their coolers. It was okay although the filter kept clogging requiring taking it out and cleaning it once a week and mold would grow if it was off more than a few hours.

Anyway last month after only 9 months it quit working so after some research I bought a Frigidaire model EFIC117-SS countertop model from Walmart for $108. I'm astounded by how much better this is than the Igloo was even when it was new. It's faster, makes much better ice pellets and puts out much less heat than the one we replaced. Granted we have only had it for two weeks but I also bought a two year unlimited warranty for $18 additional. If anything happens I will update but thus far we are extremely happy with our purchase.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I purchased my Frigidaire freezer in 2021, it was bigger and more expensive than I wanted to spend but because of the pandemic they were limited options. When the freezer was delivered shut up I filled up with product and within 30 days it broke down. I contacted Frigidaire after 10 days somebody showed up replace the fan and I was told this is a common issue with these freezers and they knew it when they put them in production. Four months later the freezer went down again. When the repair company came out he said a common product was that the master boards go out and that’s the only fix that’s going to stop the problem are they going to do an auto defrost. They sent me the kit. They told me to install it myself or wait another three weeks for them to come back and do their job.

30 days ago the freezer went down again so three times I have lost hundreds of dollars of food and the only thing the company did was offer me a $200 visa card for my problem. I had to get an extended warranty on it and because I did that they forget all the repairs and all other problems. You start over 100% with this company, so the fact that it broke down and their rise this is the first time. The people that come and fix it don’t carry parts so I’m on my third week of waiting for the part to be shipped to me then I need to call the company to come out and fix it again while Frigidaire will do nothing. Then I’ll call themselves Electrolux. This company is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. Their products are junk. The repairs are junk and all I know is I am out $1000 for a freezer and probably close to $1000 in food. Do not buy Frigidaire products.

Original review: June 20, 2022

We looked up the possibe cause, and fix, of the frost which has been developing on the ceiling and door in the top right corner. We were surprised to find that others were having the same problem but there is no real fix. The seal seems solid and everything looks OK. We bought the freezer as a scratch and dent. It ran fine for almost 2 months until this happened. Our old freezer lasted 30 year and was also an upright. Very glad we did not buy this one at full price. The others with the same problem were purchased new. Some reviews indicate they attempted to repair the problem, without success.

Original review: June 5, 2022

May-2020, we brought a large chest freezer. Always felt not cold enough but it is first time to use this product. Around 1 year, we saw lots ice on the bottom but we don't know that is an quality issue, so cleaned the ice and throw lots food. Less than 2 years, totally like room temptation inside of this junk freezer. Called the appliance repair service and was told it is cheaper to buy a new one! Called this junk company and nobody answer the call!! A big junk in home! Never brought or used this no quality junk!! Look the inside design: no way to organize the food and so difficulty to pick up what you need. This junk no quality, no any brain and no relationship with design. Stop to waste your money on it!! Will not buy any this brand related any product anymore.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I purchased a stainless steel upright freezer April 25, 2022. It was delivered May 5th. It stopped freezing May 15, 2022. YES 10 days after purchase it stopped working. I'm a senior and have to work to pay my bills. I lost 3 months of food. I don't trust this freezer and am trying to return it to Appliances Connection. Left a message May 20 2022, haven't heard back. Looks like I lost 900.00 too. I'm beyond sick.

Original review: April 7, 2022

5/22/21 bought freezer. 7/07/21 stopped working, service person looked at it on 07/13/21. Took until August for replacement parts to arrive: fan motor, fan seal, drain kit, wrapcover, vent cover. Lost over $800. in food. 4/07/22 temp control stopped working and it is not even a year old service person can not come out until 4/12/21 $500 in food to be thrown out this time. This is totally not acceptable as I was told when the man fix everything in August that this has happened with all of the model #FFFU20F2VW0. That is why I had to wait so long for my replacement parts and my food could not be saved.

Original review: April 4, 2022

We bought a upright freezer from Home Depot in December of 2020. By February of 2021 it quit freezing. We had a hassle getting a warranty repair on it and took 2 months to get a repairman to look at it. Then it took another 10 months to get the parts to fix it. The original door was warped from the factory and when we got a new one it was dented from shipping. So for 10 months no working freezer and had to store our food in a old freezer from 1980, which is rusty and still working, I'm glad I saved it out behind the wood shed instead of taking it to the landfill. Now after 5 months of working the great Frigidaire doesn't freeze again. Home Depot won't reimburse us for selling a ** product and says it's Frigidaire product and they won't reimburse us either. I think everyone that has one of these Frigidaire freezers should make a class action lawsuit against Frigidaire and get reimbursed the full amount for buying a ** product that doesn't work!

Original review: March 9, 2022

I purchased this freezer in 2020, in September it stopped freezing, Repair company claimed that these freezers weren't build to be in the (Cold Climate) my garage, I LIVE IN FL. It did fix until Months after and it made a clunking noise. You can hear it inside over any other noise, they came out and put a (Casing to stop it blamed that on heat). Then Janurary 22 they came out and put a (Different casing/part) because of Cold. It was clunking this time it didn't fix problem, so now here in March 2022 I am waiting on a part. Service company doesn't answer phone, Fridgidaire has tried to reach them as have I with multiple messages/people calling.

I contacted Fridgidaire again today only to be told they are going to try AGAIN to reach service department to get the part needed, and I have to wait 48 hours for response. The freezer makes this loud clunking noise daily. When I get home I have to unplug it and wait then plug it back in and it stops but this probably happens for hours while I am at work yet I wait for a part while it is breaking probably more parts already. I have lost my entire contents of my freezer TWICE!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Suffered through 3 30 min, on hold phone calls with Custom service. The repairman assigned has been very unreliable. He has stood us up several times and will not return phone calls. He said freezer needs a new fan motor, which he said was a common problem with this freezer. Our freezer is about 9 mo. Old. Frigidaire customer service has been very little help.

Frigidaire author review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team