Frigidaire Freezers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Freezers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Freezers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: April 7, 2022

5/22/21 bought freezer. 7/07/21 stopped working, service person looked at it on 07/13/21. Took until August for replacement parts to arrive: fan motor, fan seal, drain kit, wrapcover, vent cover. Lost over $800. in food. 4/07/22 temp control stopped working and it is not even a year old service person can not come out until 4/12/21 $500 in food to be thrown out this time. This is totally not acceptable as I was told when the man fix everything in August that this has happened with all of the model #FFFU20F2VW0. That is why I had to wait so long for my replacement parts and my food could not be saved.

Original review: April 4, 2022

We bought a upright freezer from Home Depot in December of 2020. By February of 2021 it quit freezing. We had a hassle getting a warranty repair on it and took 2 months to get a repairman to look at it. Then it took another 10 months to get the parts to fix it. The original door was warped from the factory and when we got a new one it was dented from shipping. So for 10 months no working freezer and had to store our food in a old freezer from 1980, which is rusty and still working, I'm glad I saved it out behind the wood shed instead of taking it to the landfill. Now after 5 months of working the great Frigidaire doesn't freeze again. Home Depot won't reimburse us for selling a ** product and says it's Frigidaire product and they won't reimburse us either. I think everyone that has one of these Frigidaire freezers should make a class action lawsuit against Frigidaire and get reimbursed the full amount for buying a ** product that doesn't work!

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I purchased this freezer in 2020, in September it stopped freezing, Repair company claimed that these freezers weren't build to be in the (Cold Climate) my garage, I LIVE IN FL. It did fix until Months after and it made a clunking noise. You can hear it inside over any other noise, they came out and put a (Casing to stop it blamed that on heat). Then Janurary 22 they came out and put a (Different casing/part) because of Cold. It was clunking this time it didn't fix problem, so now here in March 2022 I am waiting on a part. Service company doesn't answer phone, Fridgidaire has tried to reach them as have I with multiple messages/people calling.

I contacted Fridgidaire again today only to be told they are going to try AGAIN to reach service department to get the part needed, and I have to wait 48 hours for response. The freezer makes this loud clunking noise daily. When I get home I have to unplug it and wait then plug it back in and it stops but this probably happens for hours while I am at work yet I wait for a part while it is breaking probably more parts already. I have lost my entire contents of my freezer TWICE!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Suffered through 3 30 min, on hold phone calls with Custom service. The repairman assigned has been very unreliable. He has stood us up several times and will not return phone calls. He said freezer needs a new fan motor, which he said was a common problem with this freezer. Our freezer is about 9 mo. Old. Frigidaire customer service has been very little help.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

A relative bought a Frigidaire freezer, broke down a few months later, spent countless hours on the phone trying to resolve issue to no avail. Five repairman and nine parts later and still not fixed and they finally decided to do buyback but they have never received money! This company is horrible! They finally contacted an attorney to get it resolved!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I bought this freezer from HD last year on 12/22/20. Shortly after, the interior lights stopped working - this was the first service call. The technician came out and discovered a switch went bad and replaced it. The unit was running well for a few months but then during July we started to hear the unit beeping and the LED indicator light continuously flashed. I kept trying to close the door to make it stop beeping but that didn't work.

In August 2021, the door started to show signs of frost along the door seal, and the interior was thawing out. I called for support but Frigidaire couldn't get a technician out for over two weeks. By this time, we lost all of our food. Frigidaire would not pay for the food we lost even though it was several hundred dollars worth. The technician came out, made a repair to the door and said to keep an eye on it. This was repair #2, all within 8 months of purchasing the freezer. A week later, I had to call the technician back out, for repair #3. I was informed we have a bad door and need a new one. The lead-time is/was 18-20 weeks! They told us to turn off the unit and wait.

It's Oct. 2021, almost a year since purchasing this unit. We've had for the unit for less than one year and haven't been able to use it for more than a few months at a time before it breaks. Frigidaire won't send us a replacement unit but they constantly send emails to upgrade our factory warranty! Let me get this right-you won't stand by your products and want me to pay more money for a defective unit? On top of that, we're going on service call #4 and that won't guarantee it will be fixed.

They should honor their products and warranty and swapped out this lemon. Completely unacceptable for a $1,000 freezer. I tried to post a review on their website and of course they blocked it. What are they trying to hide with my review. Isn't that the point of reviews, getting consumers' feedback on actual issues and then going back to your product team and fixing your products?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

This is my 2nd review of this product. This is an update. My last review was July 2021. This freezer that I purchased in Jan. 2021 from Home Depot is no good. I have read other people's reviews and see I am not the only one with the problem. The last time the repairman came out in August he just melted the ice around the fan and put the panel back on. Today the freezer has iced up again. In August I asked for a refund from customer service. Never heard back from them after being told they would send my request to the replacement review board. I called customer service today. They did not give me any info regarding my request from August. I was told that they have to send a repairperson out again to evaluate the problem and that it has to be a Frigidaire repairperson. Couldn't get an appt until Oct. 4. This company is the worst. Do not buy any Frigidaire products!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I bought the freezer and it was delivered in late February. It work fine until July 4th weekend. Then everything started to thaw from the top down. I was directed to a local appliance repair shop and they installed the repair kit as this has been a known problem of ice from the defrost cycle getting into the fan area and freezing the fan up. Lost most of my food that time. The fix appeared to work until the middle of September, fan must have frozen up and now it doesn’t work. Parts will have to be ordered for this repair. More food lost. The repair man said they have repaired over 700 of these. Frigidaire fix your design issues and do not sell more units until you do. Can I ever trust this freezer will work like it is suppose to?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Freezer only bought 6 months ago and started to having issues. 3 months later and been seen by incompetent repair man under Frigidaire warranty 6 times, it is still not fixed (and Electrolux/Frigidaire will not send you a new unit, let alone up their game to finish the issue). Now I've complained to electrolux/frigidaire customer service about my freezer still not fix, they will hang up a phone in you and leave you to limbo what's their next approach gonna be. Plus you need to be in the phone line for an hour before you can get hold of these people, and still they don't have any answer on how to resolve my freezer issue. TERRIBLE, no way I'm buying from them again. If you want some headache and money lost from buying a crappy appliance, then buy electrolux/frigidaire brand.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Do Not Buy. This Frigidaire upright freezer has been the worst I have ever had! Bought in June 2020 and in July 2020, it stopped working. I lost food and hours later after unplugging and plugging it in it started up again. Why, I have no idea? Happened again in November of 2020! Lost food again, had to distribute food throughout my neighbourhood to save what we could. Thank goodness for good neighbours! Repairman came out replaced motherboard and sensor. He said little can go wrong with these freezers. I beg to differ.

Forward to now, September 2021 and it's happened again. Freezer stopped working and food thawed! Again I saved what I could. Frigidaire expects me to wait almost 2 weeks before they could get someone out to look at freezer again! That is unacceptable! Frigidaire expects you to have 3 calls before they deem this freezer a dud, my words not theirs!!! (CSR says that is their protocol). It is a dud! Then it would take another 10 days to replace if it were deemed unrepairable.

I have been more than patient! I finally called Costco and explained the situation and said I am tired of babysitting my freezer, losing food, finding storage for my freezer food and that this was unreasonable to expect me to keep doing this. It wasn't right that I would need to keep relocating my food until someone figured out again, what was wrong with it!!

Costco has been great. Said I should not have had to go through all of this and took it back! Unfortunately it was replaced with a newer model (even though this freezer is only a year old) of this one and I am really skeptical. However the first sign of a thaw again and it goes back and I am done with Frigidaire. I had to take this freezer in order to have one and get my food back from my neighbourhood. Like I said I am very leary and skeptical but at this point no choice. Do not purchase this freezer would be my opinion and suggestion.

I am reviewing this freezer on this forum because I wrote this on the Frigidaire reviews since they wanted my review and was told, and I quote from their email back to me, "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!" I said nothing in my review derogatory or inaccurate. This happened to me and it is what it is. I suppose they only want good reviews. That's not what reviews are about! Frigidaire is difficult to contact and worse for support!

Frigidaire author review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team