Frigidaire Freezers

• 0%
  • 12%
  • 87%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Reviewed June 25, 2024

My husband and I bought a Frigidaire upright freezer. After three years the condenser shorted out. Since we hadn’t bought an extended warranty, we ended up buying a new freezer to replace it. We deeply regret having replaced it with another Frigidaire. This time our new freezer lasted for three MONTHS before the fan died, froze the water in the lines, and cause the second great meltdown. This time we lost everything.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I just unloaded my 20 cu ft freezer, I put 1/2 of it in the trash and about 1/2 of it in other freezers. This is my second Frigidaire freezer in 8 years. The first one completely quit overnight. I walked out into the garage to pull something out to thaw for lunch and noticed water under the freezer. When I opened the door everything was thawed. This one started with only certain items not freezing. Then slowly other items appeared soft. I have just bought my last Frigidaire freezer or refrigerator.

The freezer I had before this one was an old Sears freezer. It was 25 years old and still working. I decided I didn't like defrosting it every year or so and wanted to switch to a frost free. I wish I still had it. My dad still has his. We bought both on the same day getting a small discount for referral. Dad's is now 35 years old and still freezes items in a short time.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed March 20, 2024

Bought a Frigidaire chest freezer and it didn't even last 5 years. Was no longer freezing. I figured I would get maybe ten years out of this product. Everything seems to be made like garbage nowadays. I will just buy a no name brand next time since apparently It doesn't make a difference.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 11, 2024

2021 model freezer. Ice maker “unrepeatable” because of how it’s built. Customer service reads from script. Refuses to provide any help to replace unit. Refuses to elevate or even let you make a claim.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

I do not recommend the refrigerator or the company, I bought the refrigerator on September 25/23, paid $1,323.00, this came with a defect and I called the company and it took three weeks to send the technician and the part. Three technicians have already come and the refrigerator still does not work, the customer service is the worst and they have not replaced the refrigerator nor do they want to refund my money.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2023

Bought a new 20 cubic foot freezer. Light comes on, can hear it running. Does not get cold. 3 calls for service before the automated system quit hanging up on me. The person I finally spoke to insisted that unplugging for 15 min and plugging back in would fix it. Also said call tomorrow if in 24 hrs it doesn't cool. It's 24 hrs later and they don't work on Saturday. DON'T BUY THIS JUNK WITH THE WORST SERVICE ON THE PLANET!!!!

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2023

Purchased during the pandemic. Arrived dysfunctional - needed parts which took >6 months, but understood supply chain issues. However, in last 6 months door has opened itself and we lost everything in the freezer. Blinking light worked but alarm did not. Would never buy this again. Please save yourself the frustration and expense!

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2023

Purchased a 20 cf Frigidaire upright garage ready Freezer from the Home Depot. After a little over a year, the Compressor stopped working. This caused the loss of my frozen food. Neither Frigidaire nor Home Depot wanted to take responsibility for this lemon since we didn't buy the "extended warranty" which I may add was during the pandemic. We paid for a technician but he couldn't fix it due to the highly flammable butane used in this freezer instead of the usual freon. Sooo, here we are with a piece of junk sitting in the garage. Frigidaire said the Compressor should last at least 7 years but didn't care that they and Home Depot sold us a lemon. Apparently the Implied Warranty does nothing as far as Home Depot is concerned.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2023

Our experience has been nothing short of a nightmare, and I implore you to take immediate action to rectify this situation. To begin with, our initial appointment with a technician was an absolute disaster. The technician was a no-show, no call, without any prior notification or communication. This lack of professionalism was deeply disappointing. After a week's delay, the technician finally appeared, but by then, the inconvenience caused was already significant. The technician diagnosed the issue and ordered the necessary part for the repair. However, it has now been a whole month, and the part is still stuck in the shipping status. Every time I try to reach out to customer service at 1-800-944-9044, I am directed to overseas customer support. Regrettably, these interactions have been far from helpful. Each time I explain my situation, it feels like I am starting from scratch, as if there is no record of my previous conversations.

As of now, my freezer and fridge remain in disrepair, and I am left in the dark about the status of the parts and the anticipated resolution timeline. The lack of communication from both the company and the technician has been incredibly frustrating. I find myself in a position where I have no idea when my freezer and fridge will be fixed, and no one seems to have any concrete information to provide. In this age of advanced communication, it's disheartening to experience such a profound lack of transparency and accountability. We are still waiting!

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

I purchased a new freezer in September 2022. About 2 1/2 months ago the alarm started going off about every 30 seconds. I was unable to find anything myself and so called the customer service, which is a joke, and they made an appointment for a repair man to come out. The guy who showed up looked at it and left saying he ordered a new gasket for it. When that came he came back. Put in the new gasket and said to give 24 hours for the alarm to stop going off. It never stopped so I called yet again and the same guy came out. Put in another gasket and replaced the light which is where the alarm indicator is. Now my freezer is worse than ever in that there is frost at the bottom of the door plus things in the door are not freezing. So if the freezer was working properly that alarm should be going off since there is obviously a temperature issue.

Once again I called the customer service and they would only say they will make an appointment for me again and that I cannot request a different technician or company to repair it. For the last three appointments which were all confirmed I received no call and no show. When I called the customer service all they will do is make another appointment and they say that the technician said there is no issue with my freezer. I called Home Depot and one of their reps actually came to my house and took photos of the problem and acknowledge there is indeed something wrong with the freezer where they contacted a Frigidare rep in my area of Nampa Idaho and they were supposed to call me to assist. This was last Monday. No call at all.

Do not buy this product. You will not get any customer service at all other than an automated this is what you get and there is no recourse. I now have to continue to try to get my freezer fixed. I intend to file a complaint with the Idaho Attorney General’s office and anywhere else I can think of. This is absolutely unprofessional. Dishonest. Just crappy product and Customer Service.

Frigidaire author review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team