Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Frigidaire Freezers
2.79/5

Frigidaire Freezers

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

186 Frigidaire Freezers Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased our Frigidaire upright, frost-free freezer about 7 years ago. It has been working fine the entire time. It's a medium size, not huge, not small. I like the temperature setting display on the front, and the door lock. They make a series of freezers for Kenmore that, as far as I can tell, are exactly the same except for the nameplate.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We have a Frigidaire upright freezer model FFU11FK0DW0 that we bought in 2004. It still works great. We use it for our homemade dog food. We just bought another one today, model FFFU14F2QWR, for the human food. I hope it works as well as the old one.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2018

It works great to start but over time the gasket on the door started to leak. But all in all it's a really nice freezer for a large family and I liked the fact that we could lock it.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Small doesn't hold enough food for the week or month. Could be bigger but then it's a side by side. It's just too small all in all. It doesn't hold enough food for a family of five.

Original review: June 30, 2018

When I purchased my freezer, I was looking at size, price and my needs. The only issue is in the dethawing process and being able to get to the bottom when adding new food so I can rotate what I have. I have to defrost twice a year but the freezer has been great. It's 5 years old and runs like new to this day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 24, 2019

My Frigidaire upright freezer model LFFH17F3QW is only one month old. It quit working. It is under warranty. I got the names of repair people closest to me off Frigidaire website. The repair people cannot do a repair without a work order from Frigidaire. Frigidaire keeps telling me they cannot answer at this time. Then they hang up. I've called numerous times. Even on hold they never answer.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Bought spring 2015 and died spring of 2019. 4 years. From the current reviews I am surmising quality is diminishing with newer makes starting in 2015. Sad because used to have a quality name. I need to replace and am limited to brands in my area so it really is a shame. Quality has lost out all together and several sales people have told us to only expect 5 years from a freezer. The one we had before the 2015 purchase was bought in 1985 and finally quit in 2015.... Just saying, it would be nice to be sold equipment made with pride and integrity instead of a fast food fast buck mentality.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Bought this freezer 4 years ago. Did not think I needed an extended warranty as my old freezer was still working good after 20 years. Just did not trust it anymore. Yesterday, freezer was making a loud noise and quit working. Call Frigidaire and they said nothing could be done as it was out of the 1 year warranty. Repair cost is estimated at more than a new one. I will buy a replacement, but it will not be a Frigidaire.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Frigidaire freezer failed before the 1st year was up. 3000.00 worth of beef gone, Frigidaire says to make a claim on insurance, they won't pay for what their crappy appliance caused. Frigidaire wants to put a new part on, won't extend their warranty from date of new part for a year and expects me to trust them with another beef! Disgusting customer service!

Original review: April 13, 2019

4/3/19 Just got our new upright Frigidaire freezer. The freezer works fine internally but in order to open it the seal is so tight and there are no rubber brakes to hold freezer in place. I have to brace myself and yank a few times and the freezer moves across the floor with each yank. I then have to move the freezer back into place after getting the food out. I am 5'-5" 148 LBS, I'm not weak. My husband is 6'-2", 225 LBS and he too has to brace and yank it open. The technician came out but didn't know what to do. He said he never saw anything like it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Purchased Frigidaire Frost-free upright Freezer 1-16-11. Contract #** - Serial # WB05041114 - Model # LFFH21F7HW. Have continued to purchase the extended warranty since it was purchased. About the middle of last year I started having a large amount of ice collect in the front top and on the top of the door and left side of door. THOSE ARE THE ONLY PLACES. They set me up with 2 of the service companies that handle their warranty and they were no shows/no confirmation of appt. AL Power did finally show up (3rd company) the first week of Dec, end of Dec, and beginning of January and serviceman was told by Electrolux tech that there was nothing else they could do cause "it was due to humidity and heat". HOW STRANGE THAT FOR 7 YRS I HAD NO PROBLEM AND IT'S NOT ICING UP IN THE ENTIRE FREEZER JUST THOSE 2 SPOTS.

The seasons have been the same in all those years. We have not moved from this location nor have we moved the freezer. They are sending out the 4th company to check it out next week and that is all they have working for them. But the supervisor basically told me "sorry nothing we can do. Live with it." It is now making a noise (not the compressor that sounds about normal) but it now has a noise that sounds like something is trying turn on... like pulsing on and off sound. I am so afraid it's going out that I have very little in my freezer and I NEED IT WORKING. I in good faith bought this product and have paid my warranty for 8 years. They can't even keep service people that are faithful. They need to be sure they are dependable. The only company that did show "Alabama Power” is not going to do their warranties after February. ABC is coming next week. I pray they will be able to help.

My question if anyone has a suggestion, is if they tell me "there is nothing we can do" do I have anything I can do to get them to make good this product. There is a lemon law but I don't know how to get them to accept it. I was told by company I bought it from to ask for replacement voucher but they said no. If someone can help me, and I have already told them this too, I will not renew my warranty (I CAN JUST ABOUT GUARANTEE THEY ARE TRYING TO WAIT FOR THIS WARRANTY TO EXPIRE) THEN what??? I will never buy this brand again so I just need help with this item. I can't afford to wait for it to go out and be full of food. Somebody please give me any suggestion you have.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I will never buy another Frigidaire product, they are poorly made, cheap, and not meant to last. We bought a fridge freezer, after 13 months the fan broke down (1 month after the warranty expired). We paid for a new fan to be installed. 2 months later that fan broke down. 2 months after that the second replacement fan broke down... all the replacement fans were Frigidaire manufactured. After losing a couple of thousand dollars in groceries we are going to replace this 18 month old piece of worthless **.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Very disappointed with the gasket around the freezer, too loose and allows air to enter freezer. I had the year warranty and repairman from Gerhard’s in Malvern Pa replaced the gasket but repair was never done right and now a year later is loose again. Ice crystals form in the freezer and this is not energy efficient. I think Frigidaire refrigerator is a shoddy brand and I will not buy it again. I also have the gas stove and it is turning out to be a dud, after 1 year, the broiler quit working and power preheat option keeps dinging every minute while it is heating up. I have nothing good to say about Frigidaire. The company keeps sending me extension plans on a service warranty, they must know how desperate buyers are for repairs.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Love the freezer, best choice we made. We had to sell it though when we moved south but it is with family who uses it regularly and loves it just as much as we did.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Frigidaire Freezers have great value, performance and customer service. Size and operation are more than adequate. Appearance is remarkable, great storage, preservation of food items to be commended. Will stay loyal to the brand. Great job.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I wanted a simple chest freezer for my bulk meat orders and sauces. This Frigidaire freezer fit the bill. I was able to get it quickly and delivered directly to my home.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The freezer is about 6 years old and the exterior control panel has been replaced two times. It is kept on a closed in porch much like a garage. I’m disappointed in its reliability.

Original review: June 24, 2018

We bought this Frigidaire refrigerator freezer back in 2011. We've had it for almost 6 years and we have not had a problem with it at all.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Never had a problem other than the water running over from the ice and water dispenser. This could be because I have an older model, but it has lasted for years.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I truly like this freezer. It held a pretty good temp through several days of power loss from a hurricane. I would recommend it to anyone. I really appreciate the inside light as our freezer is in a breezeway and a bit dark.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We bought this freezer from Sears 20 years ago and it still works great. Helps us buy healthy foods in bulk, cook and freeze what we don't eat for later use, and eat less convenience foods that are unhealthy.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire freezer and right before the first year warranty was to expire, the freezer quit working. I lost a whole freezer full of food. The repairs were made and I took out another warranty. The next year the same thing. I have kept a warranty on this freezer for as long as I have owned it, which has been 9 years. So far the freezer has gone on the "blink" 4 times and 4 times I have lost everything. Believe me, I will never buy another Frigidaire freezer again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

It's a great product, I chose this brand because my family uses it. I have use it for 20+ yrs with no complaints. I would recommend it to everyone I know simply because it's a reliable product.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I feel this freezer is a very good buy. It is very spacious and durable. It is very cost efficient. There is a power indicator light space for tall things and wide items and very quiet.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I grow and freeze a lot of vegetables and buy or kill a lot of meat (hogs, steers, venison etc.) so I need a lot of room for everything. I bought this freezer to replace my small chest freezer. I think this one is @ 16.6 cubic feet. Performance wise, I'm happy with it, it didn't increase my electric bill much (Energy Star!) and what I freeze in it stays frozen. I've had it about 2 1/2 years and have had no break downs. If I had it to do over again, I'd have bought a larger freezer though. I'm happy with it.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We lost hundreds of dollars worth of fish, oysters, shrimp, salmon and pre-cooked meals - My wife noticed a puddle of water on the floor around the freezer, only to open it and find everything 1/2 thawed out already. She called in an appliance service person, only to be told that it may cost as much as $800.00 to fix. That is what we paid for this 20 cu ft upright freezer. Did not even last 3 years. Can someone please recommend an alternative brand that may last longer. This is our second Frigidaire to stop working.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The first 6 months I had go replace the computer board. I had to go a week and a half with no refrigerator and lost all my food. I changed the water filter when indicated on the refrigerator and the indication light never went off.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It freezes very well, it's easy to clean and maintain, I love it and would recommend this product to my friends and family. Some of my friends already have one.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It works. It keeps frozen foods cold and frozen, it does what it's suppose to do and the unit is well over a decade old is still working just fine.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have a large upright freezer that is capable of freezing at a programmable temperature of -10 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit. I really like my freezer and refrigerator both made by Frigidaire except the door handle on my freezer broke off and I can’t seem to get it to stay on.

Frigidaire expert review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

• Best for: consumers needing a freezer with optimal space-saving and temperature features.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout