3.32/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 28, 2018

106 Frigidaire Freezers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 28, 2018

I can store a lot in Frigidaire Freezer and it doesn't take up much room, it has side shelves so I can store things in it and take it out if needed to be. I like the color and the size and how it fits perfectly in the space I need it to be. I like how I can clean it easily and it's the right color for my kitchen. But I'm short and it's kind of deep so getting all the way to the bottom is hard for me to do. I wish there was a way to get in it without having to feel like I am falling into it, if they could make a big basket for the whole entire freezer that would help tremendously for short people like me. But I feel it was a great investment and I like how the energy efficiency has helped on my electric bill, I recommend it to my family and friends.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have had a good experience with this brand. The unit I bought has good space in the freezer, good tray to separate items in the freezer, stays cold and saves a lot of energy. There's also good aesthetic on the outside of the freezer. However, I wish it had an ice maker. Feel like this should be a standard feature for fridges. I also wish that there were different storage areas for different foods. But Frigidaire seems to be reliable and I would buy one of their better models. Maybe one that has an ice maker feature.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I just recently moved into a house with a Frigidaire freezer and so far it has been great! It keeps my frozen goods frozen but doesn't cost me an arm and a leg on my electric bill each month. I like that it has lots of shelves in the door and inside the freezer so I can more easily keep my food organized. I have a certain way I place food in the freezer and even when it's super full it still doesn't look cluttered, thanks to the shelves. My freezer is a little bit small, but it hasn't posed too much of an issue so far. But I wish it was a bit bigger to make fitting large items like frozen meats in it more easily.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It works well. Moreover, it has a ton of space. Very helpful. I use it a lot. I love it, very nice choice of freezer. Does not over freeze or under freeze, not sure what I would do without my freezer. I have always had a good experience. However, cheaper and smaller would improve it very much. Also, I don't like how it is hard to find the brands anymore.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My overall experience with the Frigidaire freezer is good. I have a Frigidaire freezer for about a year so far. It manages to stay cold for a long time even after a storm knocks the power out for a few hours and that is a very good thing! The ice maker makes ice quickly too. I also like the stainless steel look on the outside of the freezer. There is enough space in the freezer for what I need however, I would like it more if it was a little more space and that would be nice so I do not have to go grocery shopping as much. It would also be better if it had more lighting in it. It is a little dark every time I go into the freezer and try to get something out of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 20, 2018

I like the water and ice dispenser, and the lock/unlock feature on the fridge. I also like the filter and how it tells us when it is due to be changed. It has been a decent experience other than our freezer not making ice anymore. These freezers should be easier to figure out when there is a problem. I would love for my ice maker to work. Also, the freezer shelves are too small and the freezer compartment is too thin. More space would be nice. And everything sticks to the bottom if it was wet in the least bit and it is a pain to clean. Other than that it is a good freezer.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I really like Frigidaire Freezers. They are easy to clean and the surfaces are easy to wipe off. I like that the shelves are removable too. I like the good temperature control and I also like that most of them are easy to repair if they break. Although they last a long time and very dependable, more space on shelves would be nice. And I wish that the freezers had more space because I like to buy my meat and freezer foods in bulk due to be having a big family. But my family has been using this brand all of my life. I especially enjoy the variety of colors and shapes of the refrigerators. They also have a high resale value when or if I happen to sell mine.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have a history with Frigidaire appliances. This is inclusive of both a refrigerator and a stove. It's nice to have a brand that you can rely. It certainly makes the entire purchasing process an easier one. However, the last refrigerator I purchased had a problem with the doors sealing. It was obviously fixed, but more QA prior to distribution to the stores or from the factory to the customer may help. But my experience has been a wonderful one so far. I have been given no reason to believe I'll be disappointed moving forward. I do recommend it to friends when they are shopping for big appliances. I love the product and will buy it again.

Original review: March 16, 2018

It has worked flawlessly since I first bought it. It's new and innovative from a reputable brand and has lots of space to put my food in and it always keeps it frozen. It has an ice maker in it that works really good too. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a top of the line freezer.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have had great experience with this freezer. It has a lot of room in it and runs really quiet. It doesn't run much and keeps my food frozen solid all the time. It does a great job and I would recommend this appliance to anyone. But next freezer purchase will be a larger one.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have had several products made by Frigidaire and have always been satisfied with the product, performance and the cost of it. They have an excellent pay plan. I like all the features on this brand. It really keeps the food frozen and is easy on the electric bill and there are settings that make that a really economical feature.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I love the size of the upright freezer. It holds a tremendous amount of food. When my organization has a picnic for 150 people, the food is stored in my freezer. But it is not frost free and takes some effort to defrost it. It takes a long time to defrost and also leaves a mess with the melted ice. It is a very old freezer and was purchased second hand. It has, however, been a godsend for my family and friends. Especially for the aforementioned picnics which are held three times a year. We can also utilize it whenever we see items on sale, we know we can stock up.

Original review: March 10, 2018

They have made durable and excellent products. The door seals well and low energy usage. Down at the bottom, a small green indicator light serves as a helpful reminder that the freezer is on and working. On the left side by the door handle, you'll find the Frigidaire' only extra feature: a door lock. The temperature is very good and has the appropriate freezer levels. Gets very cold. But wish that it did not frost over as easily or at all. Also have a self-cleaning function and make the exterior fingerprint and dirt proof or resistant.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have had a great experience with this brand. It has worked consistently since I have had this freezer. I like its space saving features. The design is good and that it is large enough to hold everything I keep in it. It keeps things cold, frozen and consistent.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Keeps my food at right temp for freezing. Does not build up ice that has to be defrosted too fast. Storage space is big enough for monthly stock ups. Easy to retrieve anything I need to take out from it. Does not take up a lot of room, and does what it is intended for. If I had to replace it I would buy the same brand. Have recommended this brand to family and friends. They have looked into this brand and some have purchased the same brand and are happy with their purchase.

Original review: March 6, 2018

It’s great and it’s a brand that has been around for a while. It doesn't disappoint. This freezer is the perfect size and the upright size makes it great for organization. Space-saving upright freezer perfect for small spaces. Just the right amount of space for me. Easy to move and no fuss easy to use. It keeps the food frozen and I haven't noticed a change in our electric bill! I hope it last a long time. It works as advertise but maybe a thermometer inside so I can see the temp in it. But as long as it works it keeps me happy.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Excellent experience with this brand. I always had this brand and I like it a lot. It is very solid and I never had issues. That is high quality and it can live for years. Also, I like the capacity to do ice, crushed or in cubes. They have a good capacity too and I can organize as I want inside. But they could improve the design, I always find not enough options for what I like visually. Even if they can improve this, I prefer a solid fridge and not so pretty than a pretty that is death after 2 months. Otherwise I would highly recommend it for anyone who is looking a durable fridge.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

My experience with this freezer has been nothing but a great experience. The freezer is very simple and it has worked well for the time period that I have had it. I always have plenty of room for my food that I use it for. I like the size which is a good feature and it serves all my purposes that I purchased it for.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Frigidaire has sent out no less than 5 repairmen to fix the freezer that has been bad from the start. The thing is broken again. Most of the food has gone bad. They will not do anything to right this except make us wait 3 days or more for a repair. I will never do business with them again. We wasted about 700 dollars and 5 days off of our jobs and the problem is still not fixed.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Frigidaire FFFU14F2QW. We purchased this freezer late in 2016. It has begun leaking puddles of water all over the floor. We have to keep bath towels down to prevent the water from draining into and ruining the molding in our kitchen. The problem began gradually and is now an almost daily occurrence. There also seems to be some sort of problem during the frost free defrost cycle because we have noticed that the food inside seems to be warming up and then refreezing creating freezer burn. We have checked all controls and it is set according to Frigidaire's recommendations. We have checked the manual and this problem is not listed in troubleshooting. Called Frigidaire and were told, "Hmmm, I don't know there is nothing in the manual. Call a service man."

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Freezer, Model #LFFH17F3QWA failed after 2.5 years. Lost all the food. No support, no options, just tough luck and “is there anything else I can (not) help you with today?” Last Frigidaire I ever buy and would recommend anyone reading this do the same.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

In Aug 2016 I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer from Sears. I thought it would be a quality product and last for years and years. I stuck to a basic model without all the electronic gizmos, keep it simple and should be less trouble. Well in month 14 October 2017, I noticed some items were a little soft. I thought it may be defrosting. Next day I noticed the freezer never shut off. I could hear it keep humming. The sides were at room temperature, normally the side gets slightly warm when the freezer is cooling. I read the troubleshooting guides. Checked the thermostat, Working correctly. Checked for the evaporator to be frozen over, it was not. Verified it is not in defrost cycle and stuck, it was not. Reset the defrost to cooling, the compressor is getting voltage but not running, checked the capacitors, passed test.

I contacted Sears to ask about any warranty. Warranty is for 12 Months, No additional on the compressor. Just out of luck. A repairman can be scheduled to arrive in a week to troubleshoot and give an estimate of repair for a service fee of $89.00. Well, Ain't that great! 600+ dollar freezer shot + 800 dollars of beef about to spoil + asking for close to 100 dollars to be told it is not worth repairing. "Cannot give any type of estimate without a service tech looking at it." So I Researched compressor repairs, they typically cost between 280 to 350 dollars plus two to three weeks turn around. So I go to Lowe's, Purchase a new freezer and purchase the extended warranty Plus they have free delivery. I did cash and carry, was able to install the same day and save the 800 dollars of beef. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE - Poor Quality and YOU ARE STUCK.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I purchased an upright Frigidaire freezer (model LFFH17F3QWC) from Lowe's the day after Black Friday. After getting the unit delivered and set up I let it run continuously for a week. When I went to fill the freezer I found that it never cooled (it was 70 degrees inside the freezer). After going through Frigidaire's customer service they sent out a repair technician. He assessed exactly what I advised on the phone... that the unit was plugged in and running, but not cooling. I was told they would have to come back to find the refrigerant leak and repair it.

A freezer with an unknown refrigerant leak is NOT acceptable as a brand new unit. I called Frigidaire customer service to request they replace the unit and was informed that it is their policy to repair the unit. So now I have to borrow a truck and a helping hand (because my pregnant wife is not best option for heavy lifting) to return the freezer before Christmas to get it returned within the Lowe's 30 day return policy. This is a poor policy by Frigidaire. Sending units leaking refrigerant into customer's homes and not replacing them is not a customer centered business position.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purchased a 21 cubic ft Frigidaire Upright Freezers 2 years ago from Lowe’s. We unfortunately did not buy an extended warranty because we thought "freezers last forever". We were so wrong. Freezer stopped freezing, we called Frigidaire and never received a callback. Called a repairman and he couldn't schedule us for another 2 days. Repairman came out and said the compressor was out, it was much too small for such a big freezer and the compressor was overworked. He said that's how they can call it energy efficient. The repair cost would be over the original cost of the freezer. So, 100.00 into the repairman, 700.00 for the freezer and about 900.00 worth of spoiled food. I made several more calls to Frigidaire & actually spoke with a real person, they said the manager would call back. Surprise, no callback. I'm surprised a company can operate like this and still stay in business! We will never buy another Frigidaire product. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Bought extended warranties on Frigidaire fridge and gas range. What good is spending all the extra $$$ on these products when they tell you the repairs/parts that are needed "are not covered" over and over again. Very disappointed with this service. Reps from company not customer friendly either! Will never buy Frigidaire products & warranty service again. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Bought a rather expensive commercial freezer, it's 3 years old. Earlier this year it quit cooling, replaced a couple parts (about $100) and it worked like a charm. A couple months later, quit cooling again. Fortunately we were home and we didn't lose much. Ran into town and bought a Kenmore residential freezer that was in stock. Keep in mind this freezer gets light use. I contacted Frigidaire customer service and they frankly don't care because it's out of warranty. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCTS!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Frigidaire Gallery Side by Side Model FGHS2631PF4A - We bought this fridge less than a year ago. The bottom two freezer shelves are not sturdy at all due to an apparent design flaw. The brackets which holds the weight of the wire bin are supposed to also hold the weight of the shelf above it. In my opinion that is too much stress on one set of brackets even if you only have a few items on the shelf and in the basket. The brackets for the bottom two shelves in my fridge are bent because of this flaw. I called Frigidaire today for service on the unit and hopefully they will be able to fix the problem. However, I'm wary that they won't fix it based on other reviews that I've read.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire Upright freezer FFFH17F4QW on 7/28/15. I had an immediate problem within a week with the door seal leaking. I called Best Buy where I purchased the freezer. BB said to call Frigidaire. Frigidaire sent a local repair guy. The local guy said that the Frigidaire service department would only let him apply silicone to seal the new freezer door (putting bead on the freezer frame that the door closes on). The service department would not talk to me. This issue was never resolved. August 05, 2017, the freezer compressor is defective. This pile of junk cost over $600. I lost about $500 worth of food. I will not purchase any products produced by Frigidaire again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We bought a Frigidaire upright freezer about 2 1/2 years ago and it suddenly died. Luckily we were at home so things weren't completely thawed when we realized what happened. We salvaged a few things and lost many. Then we started with the phone calls... The retail store where purchased and then the factory authorized repair service. After the service call we were told the unit had lost the refrigerant and therefore needed the evaporator and probably the compressor! The call to Frigidaire was colder than the freezer!! Shawn told me that it was beyond the one year warranty and therefore was not covered. But, I said it was only 2 1/2 years old so Frigidaire had noooo responsibility? I was told no. Absolutely no sympathy. I've already told my friends and family to never buy a Frigidaire appliance. I also reported our experience to Lowe's and Home Depot in Canada. They were more sympathetic than Frigidaire.

Original review: June 12, 2017

My 9-month-old (still under warranty) Frigidaire freezer died on Saturday morning, and when I called Frigidaire's customer service to ask for someone to come fix it, the earliest they said they could come out was Tuesday--at which point I would have to be home between 8am-5pm, because their service contractor could not give me a specific time block during which they could come out. When I told them I had about $500 worth of groceries in my freezer that were now in danger of spoiling, they passed me through to 2 different supervisors, and the best I got offered was $25 for the "inconvenience."

I am extremely disappointed by the lack of cohesion within Frigidaire's management and their paltry attempts to make amends for my experience. I will likely have to throw out a huge portion of my groceries and devote all of Tuesday to being at their mercy. I have been a loyal Frigidaire customer for many years, and if this is the best they can do for me, I may have to take my business elsewhere.

Frigidaire expert review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

• Best for: consumers needing a freezer with optimal space-saving and temperature features.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout