Frigidaire Freezers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Freezers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Bought this unit (20 CuFt upright freezer) and slowly filled it as confidence increased. Then suddenly it defrosted entirely over a couple days and lost well over $1200 in food. Have now tried for 3 days to reach the company but every attempt (up to 18 tries now) have resulted in "Sorry we cannot take your call at this time"! It was an expensive unit, was delivered on time but now I have a boat anchor with no way to have it repaired as the company is unresponsive and using an after market repair company does not make sense on a unit only a couple months old that probably will fail again!

Out thousands of $$$ by a shady fly-by-night outfit! Very ANGRY Home Depot sells this crap as I have now seen dozens of reviews and similar circumstances so this is apparently a know problem - the HD reviews were all positive at the time I made the purchase suggesting they edit reviews only to show positive ones to sell more of this JUNK. HD will not do anything - typical NO SERVICE AFTER THE SALE. Sell disposable junk so it has to be replaced - but after only a few months for expensive items use then failing causing further personal financial loss is unacceptable! I would strongly suggest no one ever buy any product made by this company as they apparently have become scam artists and offer no support for high priced crap!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

We purchased a 20cf upright Frigidaire freezer, model number FFUE2022AW on 1/7/22 at an Electronics Express store. Freezer broke around May 6th 2022, it stopped cooling. Contacted the Electronic Express store where it was purchased. Since it was past 30 days, we were referred to Frigidaire warranty. We contacted them to set up a repair appt. They stated after 3 repair attempts, we could request a refund or replacement. Between May 16th to Sept 1st, we have had 10 scheduled repairs visits with 3 different repair companies. Each time the freezer would work for 3 days and stop getting cold. It lasted a month after the final repair until it broke again on Oct 3rd 2022.

We have contacted Frigidaire numerous times to resolve this by requesting a refund for the defective unit. We keep getting delayed and given the run around in an effort to run out our warranty. The freezer only worked 4 months and has been broken and unusable for the last 6 months. In our last call to Frigidaire, the representative lied and told us we were approved for a refund but emailed me paperwork for an exchange with the store (I have a recording of the rep blatantly lying to me). We contacted the store and were told they only offer store credit as a favor to Electrolux/Frigidaire. They will not honor their warranty and give us a refund.

There are numerous complaints online for their freezers and refrigerator having the same cooling problems and my model freezer is cited several times. These units should be recalled. We have lost hundreds in food and the last 6 months have been a nightmare. The common problems I keep seeing is the loss of coolant, leaks with their closed system cooling. The fact that many of these units don't last the first year is a red flag. They made dealing with their warranty department a huge hassle. This company is a scam and they are currently in a recall for their fridge models. There should be a class action against them for knowingly selling defective products. I'm beyond sick with dealing with them. All we want is a refund and to end our relationship with Frigidaire forever.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I purchased the 20cCF upright freezer in July 2020. It was on backorder and wasn't delivered due to COVID until 10/26/2020. I was remodeling by the time it was delivered and didn't even get to plug it in until December 2020. I found all my food thawed at the end of July 2021. I called an appliance repair company who came out early August and said the compressor was "dead". I called Frigidaire to see if it was under warranty, since the repair would be basically the cost of a new freezer. However, because the freezer was over 1 year old from date of purchase, it was no longer under warranty. I did not have the extended warranty. However, I was told they would provide a 'one-time courtesy' for the repair, to include parts and labor and Frigidaire sent out another local appliance repair company to my house (not the one I previously used).

The repair man confirmed the compressor was "dead". I assumed he was there to actually FIX the freezer. Instead, he said he had to go back to order the compressor. He called me later that day to tell me the compressor was no longer available and therefore the freezer could not be repaired. After much back and forth and months later, Frigidaire offered 40% off a new purchase. That doesn't help the fact I am out so much money; the cost ($1200) for the freezer, $100 for the repair man I called, now Frigidaire refuses to cover the cost of the repair man THEY sent to my house!

When I called, I was told the "one time courtesy" only included PARTS! I tried to deal with Customer Service (over 75mins), including the ONLY supervisor I was allowed to speak to, saying there was no one higher than herself... and hearing over and over again "Sorry, there is nothing we can do". How can a billion dollar company not stand behind their products and parts. Furthermore, the Frigidaire website would not allow me to post this exact review, stating the following: "Mention a competitor, Includes personally identifiable information,. Mentions shipping complaints (to me, it was a detail worth mentioning due to delay in shipping and COVID - nothing to do with Frigidaire or the freezer), Including inappropriate media, Contains a URL, Is vague or needs more detail, Includes profanity."

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I had purchased a brand new freezer (Frigidaire) August 11th (one month ago). It was completely defrosted one day and we threw out EVERYTHING. A service rep informed me that the warranty only covers repairs and food loss is our loss. If you cannot provide food loss compensation to a 1 month old unit, what does that say about your products? Additionally, while attempting to argue my case a "supervisor" (which took me a good 20 min to finally be connected with) she said "goodbye" and hung up two min ago. Horrible service.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I'm a neck cancer survivor and because of radiation treatment to my neck I have no salivary glands. Also from the radiation (equal to about 26,000 X-rays) my sense of taste has changed. Water now tastes like saltwater and trying to drink it actually makes me sick. I have no trouble with ice so consequently I use a LOT of it. Our refrigerator ice maker stopped working last year so we bought an Igloo countertop ice maker thinking it made sense as Igloo is obviously well known for their coolers. It was okay although the filter kept clogging requiring taking it out and cleaning it once a week and mold would grow if it was off more than a few hours.

Anyway last month after only 9 months it quit working so after some research I bought a Frigidaire model EFIC117-SS countertop model from Walmart for $108. I'm astounded by how much better this is than the Igloo was even when it was new. It's faster, makes much better ice pellets and puts out much less heat than the one we replaced. Granted we have only had it for two weeks but I also bought a two year unlimited warranty for $18 additional. If anything happens I will update but thus far we are extremely happy with our purchase.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I purchased my Frigidaire freezer in 2021, it was bigger and more expensive than I wanted to spend but because of the pandemic they were limited options. When the freezer was delivered shut up I filled up with product and within 30 days it broke down. I contacted Frigidaire after 10 days somebody showed up replace the fan and I was told this is a common issue with these freezers and they knew it when they put them in production. Four months later the freezer went down again. When the repair company came out he said a common product was that the master boards go out and that’s the only fix that’s going to stop the problem are they going to do an auto defrost. They sent me the kit. They told me to install it myself or wait another three weeks for them to come back and do their job.

30 days ago the freezer went down again so three times I have lost hundreds of dollars of food and the only thing the company did was offer me a $200 visa card for my problem. I had to get an extended warranty on it and because I did that they forget all the repairs and all other problems. You start over 100% with this company, so the fact that it broke down and their rise this is the first time. The people that come and fix it don’t carry parts so I’m on my third week of waiting for the part to be shipped to me then I need to call the company to come out and fix it again while Frigidaire will do nothing. Then I’ll call themselves Electrolux. This company is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. Their products are junk. The repairs are junk and all I know is I am out $1000 for a freezer and probably close to $1000 in food. Do not buy Frigidaire products.

Original review: June 20, 2022

We looked up the possibe cause, and fix, of the frost which has been developing on the ceiling and door in the top right corner. We were surprised to find that others were having the same problem but there is no real fix. The seal seems solid and everything looks OK. We bought the freezer as a scratch and dent. It ran fine for almost 2 months until this happened. Our old freezer lasted 30 year and was also an upright. Very glad we did not buy this one at full price. The others with the same problem were purchased new. Some reviews indicate they attempted to repair the problem, without success.

Original review: June 5, 2022

May-2020, we brought a large chest freezer. Always felt not cold enough but it is first time to use this product. Around 1 year, we saw lots ice on the bottom but we don't know that is an quality issue, so cleaned the ice and throw lots food. Less than 2 years, totally like room temptation inside of this junk freezer. Called the appliance repair service and was told it is cheaper to buy a new one! Called this junk company and nobody answer the call!! A big junk in home! Never brought or used this no quality junk!! Look the inside design: no way to organize the food and so difficulty to pick up what you need. This junk no quality, no any brain and no relationship with design. Stop to waste your money on it!! Will not buy any this brand related any product anymore.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I purchased a stainless steel upright freezer April 25, 2022. It was delivered May 5th. It stopped freezing May 15, 2022. YES 10 days after purchase it stopped working. I'm a senior and have to work to pay my bills. I lost 3 months of food. I don't trust this freezer and am trying to return it to Appliances Connection. Left a message May 20 2022, haven't heard back. Looks like I lost 900.00 too. I'm beyond sick.

Original review: April 7, 2022

5/22/21 bought freezer. 7/07/21 stopped working, service person looked at it on 07/13/21. Took until August for replacement parts to arrive: fan motor, fan seal, drain kit, wrapcover, vent cover. Lost over $800. in food. 4/07/22 temp control stopped working and it is not even a year old service person can not come out until 4/12/21 $500 in food to be thrown out this time. This is totally not acceptable as I was told when the man fix everything in August that this has happened with all of the model #FFFU20F2VW0. That is why I had to wait so long for my replacement parts and my food could not be saved.

Frigidaire author review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team