Frigidaire Freezers

Compare Walk-In Coolers and Commercial Freezers

Research top Walk-In Coolers and Commercial Freezers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My 9-month-old (still under warranty) Frigidaire freezer died on Saturday morning, and when I called Frigidaire's customer service to ask for someone to come fix it, the earliest they said they could come out was Tuesday--at which point I would have to be home between 8am-5pm, because their service contractor could not give me a specific time block during which they could come out. When I told them I had about $500 worth of groceries in my freezer that were now in danger of spoiling, they passed me through to 2 different supervisors, and the best I got offered was $25 for the "inconvenience."

I am extremely disappointed by the lack of cohesion within Frigidaire's management and their paltry attempts to make amends for my experience. I will likely have to throw out a huge portion of my groceries and devote all of Tuesday to being at their mercy. I have been a loyal Frigidaire customer for many years, and if this is the best they can do for me, I may have to take my business elsewhere.

I purchased a upright freezer 18 months ago. It stopped working. I had over $1800 worth of food in it. Needless to everything spoiled. You don't get the value of spoiled items back. The thermostat burned out. Frigidaire seemingly does not believe in its products... Parts are only guaranteed for 12 months unless you have extended warranty... Thanks be to God, I did! Needless to say, I did not expect to use extended warranty so soon. My $79 microwave is guaranteed for a year and it is not even a major appliance! I will NOT purchase another Frigidaire product!

We bought this Frigidaire Freezer LFFH17F3QWA April 2015. It went out May 2017. Lasted only 2 years and one month. It didn't hum or make any noise. Repairman said replace the starter relay so I did. Still didn't work so I replaced the run capacitor. Still nothing. I found this review site which helped me a lot. I'll buy a new freezer and will never buy another Frigidaire product again.

We purchased the Frigidaire 16.6-cu ft freezer upright freezer Model: LFFH17F3QWA 10 month ago from Lowe's. It stopped working last week Monday. We contacted Frigidaire and they send out the first repair service on Friday - of course all the food was spoiled by then. He looked at it and said he couldn't fix 'sealed systems'. A total waste of our time waiting for him. Wednesday the following week we had another repair service come that told us he could fix it - but doesn't have the part available. He also said he's fixed this problem a bunch of times with this freezer. So now we get to wait around for a third time for a repair guy to come and 'try' to fix this 10 month old freezer. If this is a 'known' problem for this freezer from Frigidaire, how come they still sell it at Lowe's? I will never buy another Frigidaire product!

Purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer model # FFFH17F2QWA on 4/9/15. Went on vacation, came back on 4/18/17 and found that the freezer had stopped working and ruined over $800.00 worth of food. Had a repairman come out and he diagnosed the problem as a bad compressor. Frigidaire customer support was useless. A $600.00 appliance that will not last for 2 years. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE products. A $1400.00 mistake on my part.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Bought this thing a year and a half ago. It frosts up but does not freeze anything unless it's in there for five days. The warranty is over (one year). I was told the uprights are not efficient so I thought this to be normal. Now it does not freeze at all so I am hauling it to the dump. Never to buy from Frigidaire again

FFTR1821QW: Basic, top freezer - Started making noise a few weeks before 1 year warranty ended. I was dealing with daughter in hospital, but still tried to contact them through phone, but I was only able to in evening, when they are closed. Warranty expired on Saturday night, when they are closed. Finally reached them on Monday. No help. Absolute strict policy. I did chat before expiration, but they did not record the info, so did not "matter" to them. Bought the extended warranty. Tech made special, last minute call over 1 week earlier than the appointment. Added Freon. Failed within 2 days.

Now it is over 3 weeks since failure, 2 weeks since they came out. No status on parts, customer service says wait 1 week then check back. That will be 1 month without. Of course loss of over $200 or more in food. And they even put on the extended warranty page that if problem is too big, they will replace. Absolute failure in every way. Will NEVER buy or recommend Frigidaire or Electrolux. And I am a life long customer and outspoken about products I love or trust.

Frigidaire does not honor warranty responsibly. Frigidaire Model # LFFH20F3QWE. Purchased 11/13/16 from Lowe's. Freezer stopped 3/1/17. 1st repair attempt identified needed a compressor & ordered part. 2nd repair attempt 3/14/17. Replaced compressor. Freezer didnt cool. 3rd repair attempt 3/24/17, 4:30 pm. Determined compressor was overcharged. Recharged correctly. Freezer didnt cool. Speculated a line might be clogged but also said they would order a replacement compressor because compressor was probably damaged by overcharging. After 5pm so cant order until Monday.

4th repair attempt 3/31/17, 4:30 pm. Flushed refrigerant loop with nitrogen. Freezer still not cooling. Decided need new condenser coils. After hours, so cant order until Monday. 5th repair attempt 4/5/17, 6:15 pm. Installed a new coil onto the outside back of the freezer to bypass the original coils. Freezer not cooling. Believe they need one additional small piece of coil that would bypass an additional part of the original freezer cooling coils. After 5pm so cant order until tomorrow.

Ive contacted Frigidaire directly and they will not consider replacing this 3-month-old freezer. Ive attempted to post reviews directly on Frigidaire's website and their moderators reject my reviews. I've removed anything potentially objectionable other than the fact that it is a 1* review & the moderators still reject my review post. That is why the reviews on their website are all 4*.

I am at my wits end. 3-month-old freezer went out and Im 5 weeks without a freezer and cant seem to get Frigidaire's attention. Their proposed repair is unacceptable. Installing an external coil onto a new freezer is unacceptable. My freezer is in a laundry room and those coils will get lint on them & require continual cleaning to function properly. And it certainly has no resemblance to the energy efficiency of the unit I spent $700 on. This company is irresponsible with their repairs and I consider blocking negative reviews unethical.

In this day & age when the consumer is supposed to be empowered with a voice I apparently have no recourse and no way of letting others know that this company is unethical. I hope some lawyer reads all these horrible reviews on this site and will reach out and take on this behemoth of a company that is taking advantage of people who work hard for the money they pay for this junk. I will post an update when I have one. I just cant sit here & do nothing any longer. Do not buy Frigidaire products which includes Kenmore, GE and Kelvinator brands of freezers.

Model LFFH17F7HWD - purchased at Lowe's June 2011. Repeated failure & being trashed. Buying another brand. Will never buy another Frigidaire product. The freezer will not freeze any lower than 20 degrees. Although I set the outside digital temperature control to 0 degrees, inside temp. is 20 degrees, confirmed by a thermometer inside the freezer. I will not have this appliance repaired because the repair would be costly. I choose to cut my loss by sending this freezer to the dump. Will not spend good money on bad rubbish. The Frigidaire company makes faulty products. Buyers beware.

I bought a new 18 Cu Ft Frigidaire freezer from Home Depot. After several months it went out. After dealing with non-helpful people in customer service, they finally agreed to send someone out. I had over $500 worth of food that was decomposing in the freezer. It was a horrible mess. The guy that worked on it, (not a Frigidaire employee) said that they were junk. They have replaced all the old components with tiny Chinese parts. He said the compressors used to be twice the size that they are now. Frigidaire gave me a $50 gift card because I was so upset about losing all my food. They also said that they would extend my warranty for a year.

6 months later, the freezer is down (still down) again. This time I only lost about $300 worth of food. When I called, they could not get anyone out for at least a week and then I would be out of town. I get back next Monday and will have it repaired again. My wife has ZERO confidence in it and said she won't put anything in it. When I talked to the Manager at Home Depot he basically said "too bad. Not his product to warranty". It was Frigidaire's problem. He also said that I should have bought the extended warranty. This freezer is JUNK. It is nothing but a huge paperweight in my house now. I can't afford to keep putting hundreds of dollars in this freezer only to throw it out months later. I won't shop at Home Depot anymore. They let me know about their customer service level. Everyone I talked to up and down the chain was rude.

We bought our 2014 Frigidaire Refrigerator July 2014. A few months after purchase the ice maker froze up & quit working. My husband disconnected it, let it thaw out & long story short it continued to not work correctly. Behind the ice maker, far back left corner continues to freeze causing the fan to stick, that causes the loud noise. It appears to have a defect of some sort in the ice maker department?? Was looking online for solution to problem. Model# FGHB2866PEO

I bought an upright Frigidaire Freezer a little over two years ago. A few months ago, I noticed that the door didn't seem to be closing correctly. I checked closer a few days ago and noticed a big gap between freezer and seal (toward the bottom). We called the company, and they indicated it was out of warranty. Offered a couple of names of companies nearby that could repair this problem. You know - I had a Sears freezer for over 30 years and never had this problem. I have this sucker for about two years and the gasket is shot. I will NEVER buy anything from Frigidaire again!!!

The Frigidaire 17 CF frost free upright freezer model FFFH17F2QW failed after only 18 months of use and is beyond its paltry one year warranty. The service technician diagnosed a defective thermostat control. Not only is the freezer a disappointment, but working with Electrolux Branded Service (Frigidaire is an Electrolux brand) was a bad experience. The technician who arrived to diagnose the freezer did not provide me with a written diagnosis, which I requested to submit to AMEX Assurance Company to exercise my credit card's extended warranty. After repeated calls to Electrolux Branded Service and Frigidaire Customer Service, the only thing I received was an invoice for the service call, with no documentation of the freezer problem, so my extended warranty claim was denied. This is my first and last Frigidaire/Electrolux appliance.

I am very disappointed in the company that manages the Frigidaire products. I purchased an upright freezer from Lowe's and I've experienced a product defect and was told that unless there is a product recall on the model freezer I bought, there's nothing they can do. I ask how does a product get recalled, and was told that complaints must be registered with Consumer Affairs. Sounds like a lame excuse to not take responsibility to me. Consumer Affairs, how many reviews do you need in order to investigate?

I purchased 2 Frigidaire upright freezers for my son and daughter this past Christmas. Stocked them both with $600.00 of Prime meat each. At the end of June, while my daughter and her new husband were away, the freezer apparently overheated, thawed all of the meat- leaving a bloody mess all over the floor and rug- and then refroze. When they returned home, their house smelled like carrion.

We have been trying to resolve this issue with no success. The place of purchase will not do anything because Frigidaire will not accept responsibility. When I called Frigidaire so called 'customer service' I spoke with an extremely rude woman who would acknowledge nothing, told me that if the entire unit wasn't completely cleaned up their technician wouldn't even look at it. She would not transfer me or give me the name of a supervisor. So, at the end of the day, there could be three parts responsible for this sudden thawing and refreezing but NO ONE will take responsibility or help us. BTW- there is even a Facebook site called Frigidaire sucks- check it out.

BUYERS BEWARE "Basically lost $1850" worth of food after purchasing a "brand new" Frigidaire upright freezer model LFFH20F3QWC from Lowe's! FROM 7/2/16 THRU 8/9/16 he had been "steadily" filling up this freezer including, 2 "huge deer irreplaceable"! Until next yr! I mean completely and I put evidence straight into another freezer as proof! Extended warranty only covers $150! Was told by register clerk at checkout would be $1000 on food. I've contacted Frigidaire. They say, "I'm sorry. nothing can be done!" It's hard to believe the hardworking man consumer is not protected by someone when he purchasing a "brand new"! Products. I mean nearly 2000 dollars worth FOOD!! Any ADVICE please.

Frigidaire 20.2 stainless freezer LEMON. We purchased 2 Frigidaire upright freezers LFFH20F3QM0 from Lowe's. Six months or so after purchasing them, one completely failed. Leaving our newly started restaurant down one freezer and out close to $1000 worth of product. Lowe's sent someone to repair it in December and was unwilling to replace any of the food that was lost. We moved the freezer to another location because we feared the same issue and could not afford to have this happen again. Well, nevertheless to say it happened again this July. This time ruining my nieces laminate flooring and we lost more money.

I called Lowe's and Frigidaire. Lowe's offered no solution. While the lovely lady Ashley at Frigidaire explained very aggressively that she was above me because she was an engineer! I was unable to talk and felt like she belittled me. I called back and got another rep and they explained that this time it failed because of the outlet it was plugged into. Which it does not state it needs a special outlet in the manual. We are done with Frigidaire and Lowe's. Have purchased 6 appliances at Lowe's between my niece and me and have had something wrong with each. 2 of which are no longer able to be used. Seems like no coincidence.

WARNING TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING AT BUYING A FRIGIDAIRE FREEZER -- DON'T. I bought a brand new Frigidaire upright freezer on December 21, 2014. On June 28, 2016 it completely quit working. This freezer is only 18 months old. Didn't purchase an extended warranty because by the time a repairman comes out to fix it, I would have already had to purchase a replacement to keep from losing everything in it. Had a repairman look at it and the cost to repair equal to the cost of replacement. Will never buy another FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT.

We purchased an upright freezer in April, 2015. We had just stocked it last month, 5/16 with about $500 worth of meat. It is in our partially finished basement so I don't see it daily. I found it on 6/9/16 with blood all over our floor. The meat had all frozen and there was a terrible mess. I called the store, who sent me to the warranty dept., who told me to call the factory repair place. They were out the next Mon., ordered the 3 parts that had gone out, from my kitchen. The parts place said they received the parts order on 6/15/16.

Here it is 6/27/16 and we have now been told one part may not be available. But still we are here with no freezer, no food in the house, all the money went to stock the freezer that thawed, and all I am getting is a bunch of runaround, pass the buck, and in layman's term, "too bad, so sad". I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THAT STORE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE AGAIN! They don't respect their customers or their products!

I took the freezer home with $380 worth of food from same club to put in the new freezer. The key to the freezer was left inside the locked freezer with the owner's manual! I called Frigidaire customer service. The representative expressed her sorrow and claimed that the packaging and sales of the freezer are done by Lowe's and are the responsibility of Lowe's. She called Lowe's and they could not assist without returning the freezer first. The manager at Lowe's did try to help and apologized. He explained what I already knew that in fact Fridg of course handles all packaging and that the key should have been taped to the back of the freezer in the bag with the manual. Thankfully, my son was able to unlock the freezer using needle-nose pliers by pushing the knob in and turning to the left. I'm shocked that this would happen... This was made and packaged in the USA. What does this say about the quality of the American worker? Sad.

I purchased the freezer 1.5 years ago. It is building up ice and frost inside. I called Frigidaire and they told me it was a leak and they won't cover it, nor will they cover the part. It will cost me 200 to repair an almost new freezer. This is a piece of junk and I will never buy Frigidaire again. Judging by the reviews, I am not alone.

I am not exactly sure when the Frigidaire and Kenmore frost-free upright freezers started being manufactured by Electrolux but I bought one of the first models in a frost-free upright from Sears in 2001. I fully expected it to last as long as my first upright, purchased in 1979 which is still chugging along for my friend I sold it to. This freezer has broken down 3 times and is now just a piece of junk as the parts that might fix it are no longer made as it is more than 10 years old. The first 2 repairs were quick and easy, the defrost thermometer died. The second repair was done by a wonderful older man who said that it was a design flaw that they had fixed in later models.

More than a year ago (April 2015) it died again. The temperature alarm didn't go off at all. Luckily, I caught it before the food totally unfroze but a number of things, like berries, other fruit and veggies were toast. I put it on "quick freeze" until the guy from Sears turned up. The guy clearly knew nothing about freezers as he told me that I had packed it too full of food so that there was no air circulation. He said that "the shelves have bars in them that I should keep clear so the cold air could circulate". Even I know that the air circulates down the sides and along the back!!! So this breakdown was my fault and I pay for not just the service call but also for his helpful advice. It stopped again and I made it clear that I didn't want the last "serviceman" I had had. The next one replaced the defrost thermometer again but I lost everything in the freezer... over $1200 worth of food, when that repair didn't help.

After frantically calling the service centre in an attempt to not lose the food, I was told that the first available appointment was 3 weeks away. When I explained that it was an emergency, they said they could send someone out that night. Well, guess who was supposed to come? The knowledgeable first tech who refused to come because I had complained about him treating me like a "dumb blonde". He refused to come. I was then told that someone would be at my house the next morning at 8 am. I explained that I had a funeral to attend at 11 am, so it was very important that the repair guy arrived on time. I phoned 5 times between 8:30 and 10:30 am to try to get things worked out but they couldn't reach the guy.

I went to the funeral and found out, when I turned on my phone after the service that he had been at my house at 11 am. Since I wasn't there, I couldn't get another appointment for at least a couple of days as they didn't work on Sunday and they had a backlog. By this time, my patience is in the toilet, so I start emailing Electrolux about the 2 parts I think may be the problem. I want them to check their warehouse to see if they have these parts. Basically, they told me that they have nothing to do with the product after it is shipped to the seller. After 6 emails to get this information, I sent an email to several people in the upper echelons suggesting that they should have stuck with vacuum cleaners, as their appliances were pieces of fecal matter.

I have spent countless hours trying to find the necessary parts... the electronic assembly or the temperature controller as I have an independent repair guy in and he tells me that they are the only parts that could be malfunctioning. Sears Direct in the US has one and only one electronic assembly. After about 12 phone calls and about 15 or so emails, they finally agree to ship it to Canada. We agree that it will go to the Parts Depot here and that I will receive a call when it arrives. They said it would take about 10 days so on day 11, I call the Parts Depot to see if it has arrived and to give them my information again so they can call me when it comes in. I called several times in the next three weeks but still no part. Each time I provided 2 phone numbers at which I could be contacted.

In week 4, I am told that it was sent back to the US as no one had picked it up. A bit difficult to pick it up when you don't know it was there and especially when no one called. The person I spoke with got quite snippy when it appeared the part had arrived on the 11th day and that I was contacted to come to pick it up as marked on their paperwork. The freezer stopped working even on quick freeze a month or 2 later. The part I had ordered from Sears Direct had gone to someone else and all attempts to "jury-rig" a solution to the temperature control were unsuccessful. I am going to buy a freezer I have to defrost with no electronic parts. Hopefully, the place I buy it from will remove the eyesore from my basement at no extra charge as the lowest price I could find to remove it was $150.00 as there is a recycling fee. The depot is 13 blocks away.

I will never buy anything from Sears again. I had to buy a new fridge a couple of years ago. The delivery guys wouldn't give me 3 minutes to wipe the floor underneath the old fridge. They put a huge dent and a scratch on my 6 month old dishwasher (also from Sears). Although I fought with Sears respecting compensation or provision of a new door, all I got was a run-around. They wanted "before and after" pictures. They wanted to know why I hadn't written on their copy of the delivery bill that there was damage. It just went on and on. Whatever happened to customer service? I guess it has gone to the same place as appliances with a reasonable "shelf life". I no longer have the sales receipt, just the bills I paid for "service" but trust me, I was stupid enough to buy this piece of the stuff you scrape off your shoe after a misstep in a dog park.

We ordered a Frigidaire freezer and it came with a big dent that they tried to cover up with a piece of styrofoam. We sent it back and they called to see if we wanted another one. We said as long as it is not dented. Almost two months after we paid for it the other one came. It had a dent as well. Frustrated we kept it. Horrible customer service!!! They say people only complain about the bad and not the good so not true! Believe all the reviews. Do not purchase anything Electrolux. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Bought the model LFFH21F7HW on 11-7-2008 and the electronics component went out 11-26-2015. I cannot believe that a company would build a freezer that is so cheap it cannot last at least 15 years. It was a 21 cubic foot freezer so I lost a lot of food. Will never buy another Frigidaire no matter how well it is rated. If you want to use cheap electronics, feel free. Time to go back to the old age style appliances that my parents and grandparents still have that are older than I am. Purchased at Lowes.

I purchased a upright Frigidaire freezer on 7/1/15. On August 29th I heard a lot of noise at 1 a.m. It was my less than 2 months old freezer. Everything had thawed. I called Lowe's the next day to report it. A service repairman came out Sept. 2. Due to a part problem it was not fixed until Oct. 15th. No I didn't buy the extended warranty. I am out $500 worth of food. Lowe's or Frigidaire could care less. I will not buy another single thing from Lowe's or Frigidaire again.

I purchased a Frigidaire 9.0 cubic foot chest freezer in May of 2011. In March of 2015 the freezer stopped working, unknown to us. We ended up throwing out almost $300.00 worth of food. I had purchased the extended warranty and the unit was repaired - it required a switch which had failed. Fast-forward to October, 2015. This time an activator for the compressor failed. Once again we had the wonderful experience of throwing out almost $300.00 dollars worth of food.

Do not buy a chest freezer from anyone! Frigidaire makes the parts for all chest freezers, so they are all virtually the same. We received no benefits from owning our own freezer and, in fact, have lost almost $600 dollars in food. You are better off letting Walmart be your storage facility. I am out almost a thousand dollars total from buying this appliance and would have been far better off if I had never bought it. All you will get is a lot of sympathy and no compensation when, not if, your unit fails. - One wiser and sadder consumer.

I purchased a brand new stand alone freezer... Within the first 30 days the compressor broke which is the main part of the freezer. Frigidaire said they can't replace my freezer but repair it. Which means I will now stay with a refurbished unit when I've paid full price for the appliance. Frigidaire representative wasn't gonna move from their policy of servicing the unit and not replacing it. At this point we feel like they're using our house as a repair shop.

Frigidaire 20.2 cu freezer - I purchased this freezer on May 24th 2015. It's June 22nd 2015 and I'm stuck with a freezer that doesn't work. They don't stand behind their products. Frigidaire sent out their maintenance people, only they never showed up. I told them to come get it and they still haven't. They said there is nothing more they can do. Don't buy this product.

Purchased a Frigidaire Upright Freezer model GLFH21F8HWJ from Lowes on April 4, 2014 and stopped working 14 months later on June 6, 2015. Contacted Lowes about it. They wanted to know if I had bought their extended warranty and when I said "no", I was told "we are sorry but your freezer is 2 months out of warranty but we can setup a repair at your cost..." The call went to the Philippine Call Center after that. I was told that a repair could be setup 20 days later. I said "what happens to my food in the mean time?" They kept saying over and over "We are so sorry". Got tired of the runaround hung up and contacted a local repair service that responded the very next day. Was told that the defrost heated failed and had to be replaced. Never again will I buy Frigidaire Junk... it made to fail with parts made in China.

We bought a large upright Frigidaire freezer a few years ago because our old chest type was beginning to rust in the garage and we wanted to be sure when it died we had another to depend on. The new freezer has run perfectly up till now. When putting some items in it the other day it stopped running. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it has never kicked back on since. Now all I have in it is thawing out. This is ridiculous for a freezer no older than this one. Frigidaire should be ashamed to sell products with no longer life than this one has had. I don't know if my meats can be saved or not. They are not completely thawed out yet, but all my frozen vegetables are. I am very upset. My rusted freezer is still working great though. Never expected it to be the backup!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.
  • Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.
  • Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.
  • PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.
  • Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.
  • Best for consumers needing a freezer with optimal space-saving and temperature features.

Compare Walk-In Coolers and Commercial Freezers