4.05/5
Based on 97 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

178 Frigidaire Freezers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I will never buy another Frigidaire product, they are poorly made, cheap, and not meant to last. We bought a fridge freezer, after 13 months the fan broke down (1 month after the warranty expired). We paid for a new fan to be installed. 2 months later that fan broke down. 2 months after that the second replacement fan broke down... all the replacement fans were Frigidaire manufactured. After losing a couple of thousand dollars in groceries we are going to replace this 18 month old piece of worthless **.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Very disappointed with the gasket around the freezer, too loose and allows air to enter freezer. I had the year warranty and repairman from Gerhard’s in Malvern Pa replaced the gasket but repair was never done right and now a year later is loose again. Ice crystals form in the freezer and this is not energy efficient. I think Frigidaire refrigerator is a shoddy brand and I will not buy it again. I also have the gas stove and it is turning out to be a dud, after 1 year, the broiler quit working and power preheat option keeps dinging every minute while it is heating up. I have nothing good to say about Frigidaire. The company keeps sending me extension plans on a service warranty, they must know how desperate buyers are for repairs.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2018

It works great to start but over time the gasket on the door started to leak. But all in all it's a really nice freezer for a large family and I liked the fact that we could lock it.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Small doesn't hold enough food for the week or month. Could be bigger but then it's a side by side. It's just too small all in all. It doesn't hold enough food for a family of five.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Love the freezer, best choice we made. We had to sell it though when we moved south but it is with family who uses it regularly and loves it just as much as we did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 30, 2018

When I purchased my freezer, I was looking at size, price and my needs. The only issue is in the dethawing process and being able to get to the bottom when adding new food so I can rotate what I have. I have to defrost twice a year but the freezer has been great. It's 5 years old and runs like new to this day.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Frigidaire Freezers have great value, performance and customer service. Size and operation are more than adequate. Appearance is remarkable, great storage, preservation of food items to be commended. Will stay loyal to the brand. Great job.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I wanted a simple chest freezer for my bulk meat orders and sauces. This Frigidaire freezer fit the bill. I was able to get it quickly and delivered directly to my home.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The freezer is about 6 years old and the exterior control panel has been replaced two times. It is kept on a closed in porch much like a garage. I’m disappointed in its reliability.

Original review: June 24, 2018

We bought this Frigidaire refrigerator freezer back in 2011. We've had it for almost 6 years and we have not had a problem with it at all.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Never had a problem other than the water running over from the ice and water dispenser. This could be because I have an older model, but it has lasted for years.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I truly like this freezer. It held a pretty good temp through several days of power loss from a hurricane. I would recommend it to anyone. I really appreciate the inside light as our freezer is in a breezeway and a bit dark.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We bought this freezer from Sears 20 years ago and it still works great. Helps us buy healthy foods in bulk, cook and freeze what we don't eat for later use, and eat less convenience foods that are unhealthy.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire freezer and right before the first year warranty was to expire, the freezer quit working. I lost a whole freezer full of food. The repairs were made and I took out another warranty. The next year the same thing. I have kept a warranty on this freezer for as long as I have owned it, which has been 9 years. So far the freezer has gone on the "blink" 4 times and 4 times I have lost everything. Believe me, I will never buy another Frigidaire freezer again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

It's a great product, I chose this brand because my family uses it. I have use it for 20+ yrs with no complaints. I would recommend it to everyone I know simply because it's a reliable product.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I feel this freezer is a very good buy. It is very spacious and durable. It is very cost efficient. There is a power indicator light space for tall things and wide items and very quiet.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I grow and freeze a lot of vegetables and buy or kill a lot of meat (hogs, steers, venison etc.) so I need a lot of room for everything. I bought this freezer to replace my small chest freezer. I think this one is @ 16.6 cubic feet. Performance wise, I'm happy with it, it didn't increase my electric bill much (Energy Star!) and what I freeze in it stays frozen. I've had it about 2 1/2 years and have had no break downs. If I had it to do over again, I'd have bought a larger freezer though. I'm happy with it.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We lost hundreds of dollars worth of fish, oysters, shrimp, salmon and pre-cooked meals - My wife noticed a puddle of water on the floor around the freezer, only to open it and find everything 1/2 thawed out already. She called in an appliance service person, only to be told that it may cost as much as $800.00 to fix. That is what we paid for this 20 cu ft upright freezer. Did not even last 3 years. Can someone please recommend an alternative brand that may last longer. This is our second Frigidaire to stop working.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The first 6 months I had go replace the computer board. I had to go a week and a half with no refrigerator and lost all my food. I changed the water filter when indicated on the refrigerator and the indication light never went off.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It freezes very well, it's easy to clean and maintain, I love it and would recommend this product to my friends and family. Some of my friends already have one.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It works. It keeps frozen foods cold and frozen, it does what it's suppose to do and the unit is well over a decade old is still working just fine.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have a large upright freezer that is capable of freezing at a programmable temperature of -10 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit. I really like my freezer and refrigerator both made by Frigidaire except the door handle on my freezer broke off and I can’t seem to get it to stay on.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Upright 17.2 CF freezer is easy to defrost when needed - about every 18 mos or so. Also, easy to find food quickly. Wish there were pull-out baskets on a track to keep food more grouped and easier to reach.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Frigidaire freezer fits perfectly in my kitchen corner and I never had any problems with it. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Please continue making them.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We have a Frigidaire upright freezer installed in our garage for about 4 years and so far no problems. It's working fine as of now and we keep meats and frozen vegetables in it mostly.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Out of all the freezers we've had, the Frigidaire freezer withstood anything it was subjected to. Moves, cold and hot weather we still have it and it's been 10 years.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It's only 3 years old and it seems like every time you open the door, it starts to run. It has lately been making a high pitched noise when running, which in my experience from the last one, means it may be on its last legs already.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Medium sized chest freezer, hums along at a whisper with no problems after five years... Ice buildup is minimal even after 5 years. I have not noticed much of an increase in electric bill.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I like the freezer. It works well. But the make up or aesthetics of the freezer could be improved. Also, the inside space cam be situated better to use for storage. But I would purchased again.

Original review: June 14, 2018

A Frigidaire french door - freezer on the bottom unit replaced our old side by side fridge. Can't say enough good things about this one. Love it!

Frigidaire expert review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

• Best for: consumers needing a freezer with optimal space-saving and temperature features.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout
Jonathan Trout

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire Freezers Company Information

Frigidaire
1918
www.frigidaire.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business