Frigidaire Freezers
1.10/5
Based on 70 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frigidaire Freezers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 29, 2018

87 Frigidaire Freezers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Frigidaire FFFU14F2QW. We purchased this freezer late in 2016. It has begun leaking puddles of water all over the floor. We have to keep bath towels down to prevent the water from draining into and ruining the molding in our kitchen. The problem began gradually and is now an almost daily occurrence. There also seems to be some sort of problem during the frost free defrost cycle because we have noticed that the food inside seems to be warming up and then refreezing creating freezer burn. We have checked all controls and it is set according to Frigidaire's recommendations. We have checked the manual and this problem is not listed in troubleshooting. Called Frigidaire and were told, "Hmmm, I don't know there is nothing in the manual. Call a service man."

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Freezer, Model #LFFH17F3QWA failed after 2.5 years. Lost all the food. No support, no options, just tough luck and “is there anything else I can (not) help you with today?” Last Frigidaire I ever buy and would recommend anyone reading this do the same.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

In Aug 2016 I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer from Sears. I thought it would be a quality product and last for years and years. I stuck to a basic model without all the electronic gizmos, keep it simple and should be less trouble. Well in month 14 October 2017, I noticed some items were a little soft. I thought it may be defrosting. Next day I noticed the freezer never shut off. I could hear it keep humming. The sides were at room temperature, normally the side gets slightly warm when the freezer is cooling. I read the troubleshooting guides. Checked the thermostat, Working correctly. Checked for the evaporator to be frozen over, it was not. Verified it is not in defrost cycle and stuck, it was not. Reset the defrost to cooling, the compressor is getting voltage but not running, checked the capacitors, passed test.

I contacted Sears to ask about any warranty. Warranty is for 12 Months, No additional on the compressor. Just out of luck. A repairman can be scheduled to arrive in a week to troubleshoot and give an estimate of repair for a service fee of $89.00. Well, Ain't that great! 600+ dollar freezer shot + 800 dollars of beef about to spoil + asking for close to 100 dollars to be told it is not worth repairing. "Cannot give any type of estimate without a service tech looking at it." So I Researched compressor repairs, they typically cost between 280 to 350 dollars plus two to three weeks turn around. So I go to Lowe's, Purchase a new freezer and purchase the extended warranty Plus they have free delivery. I did cash and carry, was able to install the same day and save the 800 dollars of beef. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE - Poor Quality and YOU ARE STUCK.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I purchased an upright Frigidaire freezer (model LFFH17F3QWC) from Lowe's the day after Black Friday. After getting the unit delivered and set up I let it run continuously for a week. When I went to fill the freezer I found that it never cooled (it was 70 degrees inside the freezer). After going through Frigidaire's customer service they sent out a repair technician. He assessed exactly what I advised on the phone... that the unit was plugged in and running, but not cooling. I was told they would have to come back to find the refrigerant leak and repair it.

A freezer with an unknown refrigerant leak is NOT acceptable as a brand new unit. I called Frigidaire customer service to request they replace the unit and was informed that it is their policy to repair the unit. So now I have to borrow a truck and a helping hand (because my pregnant wife is not best option for heavy lifting) to return the freezer before Christmas to get it returned within the Lowe's 30 day return policy. This is a poor policy by Frigidaire. Sending units leaking refrigerant into customer's homes and not replacing them is not a customer centered business position.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purchased a 21 cubic ft Frigidaire Upright Freezers 2 years ago from Lowe’s. We unfortunately did not buy an extended warranty because we thought "freezers last forever". We were so wrong. Freezer stopped freezing, we called Frigidaire and never received a callback. Called a repairman and he couldn't schedule us for another 2 days. Repairman came out and said the compressor was out, it was much too small for such a big freezer and the compressor was overworked. He said that's how they can call it energy efficient. The repair cost would be over the original cost of the freezer. So, 100.00 into the repairman, 700.00 for the freezer and about 900.00 worth of spoiled food. I made several more calls to Frigidaire & actually spoke with a real person, they said the manager would call back. Surprise, no callback. I'm surprised a company can operate like this and still stay in business! We will never buy another Frigidaire product. Buyer beware!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Bought extended warranties on Frigidaire fridge and gas range. What good is spending all the extra $$$ on these products when they tell you the repairs/parts that are needed "are not covered" over and over again. Very disappointed with this service. Reps from company not customer friendly either! Will never buy Frigidaire products & warranty service again. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Bought a rather expensive commercial freezer, it's 3 years old. Earlier this year it quit cooling, replaced a couple parts (about $100) and it worked like a charm. A couple months later, quit cooling again. Fortunately we were home and we didn't lose much. Ran into town and bought a Kenmore residential freezer that was in stock. Keep in mind this freezer gets light use. I contacted Frigidaire customer service and they frankly don't care because it's out of warranty. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCTS!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Frigidaire Gallery Side by Side Model FGHS2631PF4A - We bought this fridge less than a year ago. The bottom two freezer shelves are not sturdy at all due to an apparent design flaw. The brackets which holds the weight of the wire bin are supposed to also hold the weight of the shelf above it. In my opinion that is too much stress on one set of brackets even if you only have a few items on the shelf and in the basket. The brackets for the bottom two shelves in my fridge are bent because of this flaw. I called Frigidaire today for service on the unit and hopefully they will be able to fix the problem. However, I'm wary that they won't fix it based on other reviews that I've read.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire Upright freezer FFFH17F4QW on 7/28/15. I had an immediate problem within a week with the door seal leaking. I called Best Buy where I purchased the freezer. BB said to call Frigidaire. Frigidaire sent a local repair guy. The local guy said that the Frigidaire service department would only let him apply silicone to seal the new freezer door (putting bead on the freezer frame that the door closes on). The service department would not talk to me. This issue was never resolved. August 05, 2017, the freezer compressor is defective. This pile of junk cost over $600. I lost about $500 worth of food. I will not purchase any products produced by Frigidaire again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We bought a Frigidaire upright freezer about 2 1/2 years ago and it suddenly died. Luckily we were at home so things weren't completely thawed when we realized what happened. We salvaged a few things and lost many. Then we started with the phone calls... The retail store where purchased and then the factory authorized repair service. After the service call we were told the unit had lost the refrigerant and therefore needed the evaporator and probably the compressor! The call to Frigidaire was colder than the freezer!! Shawn told me that it was beyond the one year warranty and therefore was not covered. But, I said it was only 2 1/2 years old so Frigidaire had noooo responsibility? I was told no. Absolutely no sympathy. I've already told my friends and family to never buy a Frigidaire appliance. I also reported our experience to Lowe's and Home Depot in Canada. They were more sympathetic than Frigidaire.

Original review: June 12, 2017

My 9-month-old (still under warranty) Frigidaire freezer died on Saturday morning, and when I called Frigidaire's customer service to ask for someone to come fix it, the earliest they said they could come out was Tuesday--at which point I would have to be home between 8am-5pm, because their service contractor could not give me a specific time block during which they could come out. When I told them I had about $500 worth of groceries in my freezer that were now in danger of spoiling, they passed me through to 2 different supervisors, and the best I got offered was $25 for the "inconvenience."

I am extremely disappointed by the lack of cohesion within Frigidaire's management and their paltry attempts to make amends for my experience. I will likely have to throw out a huge portion of my groceries and devote all of Tuesday to being at their mercy. I have been a loyal Frigidaire customer for many years, and if this is the best they can do for me, I may have to take my business elsewhere.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I purchased a upright freezer 18 months ago. It stopped working. I had over $1800 worth of food in it. Needless to everything spoiled. You don't get the value of spoiled items back. The thermostat burned out. Frigidaire seemingly does not believe in its products... Parts are only guaranteed for 12 months unless you have extended warranty... Thanks be to God, I did! Needless to say, I did not expect to use extended warranty so soon. My $79 microwave is guaranteed for a year and it is not even a major appliance! I will NOT purchase another Frigidaire product!

Original review: May 24, 2017

We bought this Frigidaire Freezer LFFH17F3QWA April 2015. It went out May 2017. Lasted only 2 years and one month. It didn't hum or make any noise. Repairman said replace the starter relay so I did. Still didn't work so I replaced the run capacitor. Still nothing. I found this review site which helped me a lot. I'll buy a new freezer and will never buy another Frigidaire product again.

Original review: May 3, 2017

We purchased the Frigidaire 16.6-cu ft freezer upright freezer Model: LFFH17F3QWA 10 month ago from Lowe's. It stopped working last week Monday. We contacted Frigidaire and they send out the first repair service on Friday - of course all the food was spoiled by then. He looked at it and said he couldn't fix 'sealed systems'. A total waste of our time waiting for him. Wednesday the following week we had another repair service come that told us he could fix it - but doesn't have the part available. He also said he's fixed this problem a bunch of times with this freezer. So now we get to wait around for a third time for a repair guy to come and 'try' to fix this 10 month old freezer. If this is a 'known' problem for this freezer from Frigidaire, how come they still sell it at Lowe's? I will never buy another Frigidaire product!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer model # FFFH17F2QWA on 4/9/15. Went on vacation, came back on 4/18/17 and found that the freezer had stopped working and ruined over $800.00 worth of food. Had a repairman come out and he diagnosed the problem as a bad compressor. Frigidaire customer support was useless. A $600.00 appliance that will not last for 2 years. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE products. A $1400.00 mistake on my part.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Bought this thing a year and a half ago. It frosts up but does not freeze anything unless it's in there for five days. The warranty is over (one year). I was told the uprights are not efficient so I thought this to be normal. Now it does not freeze at all so I am hauling it to the dump. Never to buy from Frigidaire again

Original review: April 12, 2017

FFTR1821QW: Basic, top freezer - Started making noise a few weeks before 1 year warranty ended. I was dealing with daughter in hospital, but still tried to contact them through phone, but I was only able to in evening, when they are closed. Warranty expired on Saturday night, when they are closed. Finally reached them on Monday. No help. Absolute strict policy. I did chat before expiration, but they did not record the info, so did not "matter" to them. Bought the extended warranty. Tech made special, last minute call over 1 week earlier than the appointment. Added Freon. Failed within 2 days.

Now it is over 3 weeks since failure, 2 weeks since they came out. No status on parts, customer service says wait 1 week then check back. That will be 1 month without. Of course loss of over $200 or more in food. And they even put on the extended warranty page that if problem is too big, they will replace. Absolute failure in every way. Will NEVER buy or recommend Frigidaire or Electrolux. And I am a life long customer and outspoken about products I love or trust.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Frigidaire does not honor warranty responsibly. Frigidaire Model # LFFH20F3QWE. Purchased 11/13/16 from Lowe's. Freezer stopped 3/1/17. 1st repair attempt identified needed a compressor & ordered part. 2nd repair attempt 3/14/17. Replaced compressor. Freezer didnt cool. 3rd repair attempt 3/24/17, 4:30 pm. Determined compressor was overcharged. Recharged correctly. Freezer didnt cool. Speculated a line might be clogged but also said they would order a replacement compressor because compressor was probably damaged by overcharging. After 5pm so cant order until Monday.

4th repair attempt 3/31/17, 4:30 pm. Flushed refrigerant loop with nitrogen. Freezer still not cooling. Decided need new condenser coils. After hours, so cant order until Monday. 5th repair attempt 4/5/17, 6:15 pm. Installed a new coil onto the outside back of the freezer to bypass the original coils. Freezer not cooling. Believe they need one additional small piece of coil that would bypass an additional part of the original freezer cooling coils. After 5pm so cant order until tomorrow.

Ive contacted Frigidaire directly and they will not consider replacing this 3-month-old freezer. Ive attempted to post reviews directly on Frigidaire's website and their moderators reject my reviews. I've removed anything potentially objectionable other than the fact that it is a 1* review & the moderators still reject my review post. That is why the reviews on their website are all 4*.

I am at my wits end. 3-month-old freezer went out and Im 5 weeks without a freezer and cant seem to get Frigidaire's attention. Their proposed repair is unacceptable. Installing an external coil onto a new freezer is unacceptable. My freezer is in a laundry room and those coils will get lint on them & require continual cleaning to function properly. And it certainly has no resemblance to the energy efficiency of the unit I spent $700 on. This company is irresponsible with their repairs and I consider blocking negative reviews unethical.

In this day & age when the consumer is supposed to be empowered with a voice I apparently have no recourse and no way of letting others know that this company is unethical. I hope some lawyer reads all these horrible reviews on this site and will reach out and take on this behemoth of a company that is taking advantage of people who work hard for the money they pay for this junk. I will post an update when I have one. I just cant sit here & do nothing any longer. Do not buy Frigidaire products which includes Kenmore, GE and Kelvinator brands of freezers.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Model LFFH17F7HWD - purchased at Lowe's June 2011. Repeated failure & being trashed. Buying another brand. Will never buy another Frigidaire product. The freezer will not freeze any lower than 20 degrees. Although I set the outside digital temperature control to 0 degrees, inside temp. is 20 degrees, confirmed by a thermometer inside the freezer. I will not have this appliance repaired because the repair would be costly. I choose to cut my loss by sending this freezer to the dump. Will not spend good money on bad rubbish. The Frigidaire company makes faulty products. Buyers beware.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I bought a new 18 Cu Ft Frigidaire freezer from Home Depot. After several months it went out. After dealing with non-helpful people in customer service, they finally agreed to send someone out. I had over $500 worth of food that was decomposing in the freezer. It was a horrible mess. The guy that worked on it, (not a Frigidaire employee) said that they were junk. They have replaced all the old components with tiny Chinese parts. He said the compressors used to be twice the size that they are now. Frigidaire gave me a $50 gift card because I was so upset about losing all my food. They also said that they would extend my warranty for a year.

6 months later, the freezer is down (still down) again. This time I only lost about $300 worth of food. When I called, they could not get anyone out for at least a week and then I would be out of town. I get back next Monday and will have it repaired again. My wife has ZERO confidence in it and said she won't put anything in it. When I talked to the Manager at Home Depot he basically said "too bad. Not his product to warranty". It was Frigidaire's problem. He also said that I should have bought the extended warranty. This freezer is JUNK. It is nothing but a huge paperweight in my house now. I can't afford to keep putting hundreds of dollars in this freezer only to throw it out months later. I won't shop at Home Depot anymore. They let me know about their customer service level. Everyone I talked to up and down the chain was rude.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

We bought our 2014 Frigidaire Refrigerator July 2014. A few months after purchase the ice maker froze up & quit working. My husband disconnected it, let it thaw out & long story short it continued to not work correctly. Behind the ice maker, far back left corner continues to freeze causing the fan to stick, that causes the loud noise. It appears to have a defect of some sort in the ice maker department?? Was looking online for solution to problem. Model# FGHB2866PEO

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I bought an upright Frigidaire Freezer a little over two years ago. A few months ago, I noticed that the door didn't seem to be closing correctly. I checked closer a few days ago and noticed a big gap between freezer and seal (toward the bottom). We called the company, and they indicated it was out of warranty. Offered a couple of names of companies nearby that could repair this problem. You know - I had a Sears freezer for over 30 years and never had this problem. I have this sucker for about two years and the gasket is shot. I will NEVER buy anything from Frigidaire again!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

The Frigidaire 17 CF frost free upright freezer model FFFH17F2QW failed after only 18 months of use and is beyond its paltry one year warranty. The service technician diagnosed a defective thermostat control. Not only is the freezer a disappointment, but working with Electrolux Branded Service (Frigidaire is an Electrolux brand) was a bad experience. The technician who arrived to diagnose the freezer did not provide me with a written diagnosis, which I requested to submit to AMEX Assurance Company to exercise my credit card's extended warranty. After repeated calls to Electrolux Branded Service and Frigidaire Customer Service, the only thing I received was an invoice for the service call, with no documentation of the freezer problem, so my extended warranty claim was denied. This is my first and last Frigidaire/Electrolux appliance.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I am very disappointed in the company that manages the Frigidaire products. I purchased an upright freezer from Lowe's and I've experienced a product defect and was told that unless there is a product recall on the model freezer I bought, there's nothing they can do. I ask how does a product get recalled, and was told that complaints must be registered with Consumer Affairs. Sounds like a lame excuse to not take responsibility to me. Consumer Affairs, how many reviews do you need in order to investigate?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I purchased 2 Frigidaire upright freezers for my son and daughter this past Christmas. Stocked them both with $600.00 of Prime meat each. At the end of June, while my daughter and her new husband were away, the freezer apparently overheated, thawed all of the meat- leaving a bloody mess all over the floor and rug- and then refroze. When they returned home, their house smelled like carrion.

We have been trying to resolve this issue with no success. The place of purchase will not do anything because Frigidaire will not accept responsibility. When I called Frigidaire so called 'customer service' I spoke with an extremely rude woman who would acknowledge nothing, told me that if the entire unit wasn't completely cleaned up their technician wouldn't even look at it. She would not transfer me or give me the name of a supervisor. So, at the end of the day, there could be three parts responsible for this sudden thawing and refreezing but NO ONE will take responsibility or help us. BTW- there is even a Facebook site called Frigidaire sucks- check it out.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

BUYERS BEWARE "Basically lost $1850" worth of food after purchasing a "brand new" Frigidaire upright freezer model LFFH20F3QWC from Lowe's! FROM 7/2/16 THRU 8/9/16 he had been "steadily" filling up this freezer including, 2 "huge deer irreplaceable"! Until next yr! I mean completely and I put evidence straight into another freezer as proof! Extended warranty only covers $150! Was told by register clerk at checkout would be $1000 on food. I've contacted Frigidaire. They say, "I'm sorry. nothing can be done!" It's hard to believe the hardworking man consumer is not protected by someone when he purchasing a "brand new"! Products. I mean nearly 2000 dollars worth FOOD!! Any ADVICE please.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Frigidaire 20.2 stainless freezer LEMON. We purchased 2 Frigidaire upright freezers LFFH20F3QM0 from Lowe's. Six months or so after purchasing them, one completely failed. Leaving our newly started restaurant down one freezer and out close to $1000 worth of product. Lowe's sent someone to repair it in December and was unwilling to replace any of the food that was lost. We moved the freezer to another location because we feared the same issue and could not afford to have this happen again. Well, nevertheless to say it happened again this July. This time ruining my nieces laminate flooring and we lost more money.

I called Lowe's and Frigidaire. Lowe's offered no solution. While the lovely lady Ashley at Frigidaire explained very aggressively that she was above me because she was an engineer! I was unable to talk and felt like she belittled me. I called back and got another rep and they explained that this time it failed because of the outlet it was plugged into. Which it does not state it needs a special outlet in the manual. We are done with Frigidaire and Lowe's. Have purchased 6 appliances at Lowe's between my niece and me and have had something wrong with each. 2 of which are no longer able to be used. Seems like no coincidence.

Original review: June 29, 2016

WARNING TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING AT BUYING A FRIGIDAIRE FREEZER -- DON'T. I bought a brand new Frigidaire upright freezer on December 21, 2014. On June 28, 2016 it completely quit working. This freezer is only 18 months old. Didn't purchase an extended warranty because by the time a repairman comes out to fix it, I would have already had to purchase a replacement to keep from losing everything in it. Had a repairman look at it and the cost to repair equal to the cost of replacement. Will never buy another FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT.

Original review: June 27, 2016

We purchased an upright freezer in April, 2015. We had just stocked it last month, 5/16 with about $500 worth of meat. It is in our partially finished basement so I don't see it daily. I found it on 6/9/16 with blood all over our floor. The meat had all frozen and there was a terrible mess. I called the store, who sent me to the warranty dept., who told me to call the factory repair place. They were out the next Mon., ordered the 3 parts that had gone out, from my kitchen. The parts place said they received the parts order on 6/15/16.

Here it is 6/27/16 and we have now been told one part may not be available. But still we are here with no freezer, no food in the house, all the money went to stock the freezer that thawed, and all I am getting is a bunch of runaround, pass the buck, and in layman's term, "too bad, so sad". I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THAT STORE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE AGAIN! They don't respect their customers or their products!

Original review: June 18, 2016

I took the freezer home with $380 worth of food from same club to put in the new freezer. The key to the freezer was left inside the locked freezer with the owner's manual! I called Frigidaire customer service. The representative expressed her sorrow and claimed that the packaging and sales of the freezer are done by Lowe's and are the responsibility of Lowe's. She called Lowe's and they could not assist without returning the freezer first. The manager at Lowe's did try to help and apologized. He explained what I already knew that in fact Fridg of course handles all packaging and that the key should have been taped to the back of the freezer in the bag with the manual. Thankfully, my son was able to unlock the freezer using needle-nose pliers by pushing the knob in and turning to the left. I'm shocked that this would happen... This was made and packaged in the USA. What does this say about the quality of the American worker? Sad.

Frigidaire expert review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

• Best for: consumers needing a freezer with optimal space-saving and temperature features.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout

www.frigidaire.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use