Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Freezers Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It has been a nightmare from day one, delivered on 8/12/2019 ... both in suffering from compressor's constant running loud noise and dealing with Karl's Appliance & Frigidaire customer services. Karl's said it's not responsible for sold and delivered me a defect appliance. Told me to deal with manufacturer directly:"Frigidaire made a bad product, not us. You need to deal with them."

Calling Frigidaire's customer service hotline is an aggravating experience. Frigidaire gave me run-arounds: at first, told me to go back the store that sold me the freezer and hung up on me; I called again, then it has kept sending 3rd party repair services for "evaluation". So far I have had 5 such evaluation service appointments, each appointment with a waiting timeframe of 8am-5pm. Then only 2 times when service guys shown up. 1st time, the guy told me to "Send it back. There is nothing I can do." 2nd time, another guy from the same service told me the compressor, fan and digital control all bad and need to be replaced. I told Karl's and Frigidaire that I don't want repair/replace. I want a replacement of a freezer that is a good one. So far neither Karl's nor Frigidaire is responding. The freezer nightmare is continuing...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought an upright freezer in part 2017. By November 2018 it stopped freezing, I called the store and they informed me that it was under warranty and they will send someone to fix it. Here we are 10 months later with the same problem. I called PC Richards, they told me the warranty is up and I had to call Frigidaire. I called and I was told that they cannot help me because I do not have the extended warranty.

They referred an outside repair shop that is charging me $69.99 just to come and diagnose the problem. I asked Frigidaire why they cannot assist with the product and they said I have no warranty, even though it is a fault of the appliance. They will not assist because when purchased I did not pay for extended warranty. Their only offer is to give me 50% off the parts. I am extremely disgusted with the product and the service, it is not costume jewelry, even cars have better lemon laws, why is it that major appliances do not? So even though it is a fault of the manufacturer I have to go and spend another $400 within 1 1/2 year for another major appliance. I will never purchase another Frigidaire and I will definitely encourage anyone I can not to also.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Ordered a freezer from Home Depot on July 1st. Received it dead on July 10th. Had to wait for a replacement until July 18th. This freezer was dented. Frigidaire ships their appliances to the contracted delivery company, as Home Depot does not have a warehouse. Home Depot told me to call Frigidaire for a little credit. Frigidaire refused to provide any sort of credit. Do not order appliances from Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Purchased the Frigidaire upright 16.6 freezer on December 9/2016. Bought a 5 year extended warranty (luckily). It failed first time on December 23/2017 full of Christmas baking and due to the holidays it wasn’t repaired for a month. Tech said it was the cycling switch and also commented they always go. It's their most common problem. Well last night it quit working for the second time August 1/2019 again full of food and all spoiled. Made a mistake buying another Frigidaire product. Have had nothing but issues with every product I’ve ever bought of theirs. Non of their products have lasted more than 5 years right from the highest quality washer/dryer to the electric range, fridge, freezer, etc etc. Buyer beware. Check with their affiliated companies too before you buy. Their other names are made with exactly the same parts. (Maytag, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Amana, GE, etc etc). Do your research people.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This Frigidaire freezer that I bought about 2 weeks ago and the top of the freezer formed ice on it p about 2" x 8" and this is "frost free". Which freezer I should buy and take this one back. I was told that maybe a GE, Whirlpool. I would like to buy a Kenmore - what do you think?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 24, 2019

My Frigidaire upright freezer model LFFH17F3QW is only one month old. It quit working. It is under warranty. I got the names of repair people closest to me off Frigidaire website. The repair people cannot do a repair without a work order from Frigidaire. Frigidaire keeps telling me they cannot answer at this time. Then they hang up. I've called numerous times. Even on hold they never answer.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Bought spring 2015 and died spring of 2019. 4 years. From the current reviews I am surmising quality is diminishing with newer makes starting in 2015. Sad because used to have a quality name. I need to replace and am limited to brands in my area so it really is a shame. Quality has lost out all together and several sales people have told us to only expect 5 years from a freezer. The one we had before the 2015 purchase was bought in 1985 and finally quit in 2015.... Just saying, it would be nice to be sold equipment made with pride and integrity instead of a fast food fast buck mentality.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased our Frigidaire upright, frost-free freezer about 7 years ago. It has been working fine the entire time. It's a medium size, not huge, not small. I like the temperature setting display on the front, and the door lock. They make a series of freezers for Kenmore that, as far as I can tell, are exactly the same except for the nameplate.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Bought this freezer 4 years ago. Did not think I needed an extended warranty as my old freezer was still working good after 20 years. Just did not trust it anymore. Yesterday, freezer was making a loud noise and quit working. Call Frigidaire and they said nothing could be done as it was out of the 1 year warranty. Repair cost is estimated at more than a new one. I will buy a replacement, but it will not be a Frigidaire.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Frigidaire freezer failed before the 1st year was up. 3000.00 worth of beef gone, Frigidaire says to make a claim on insurance, they won't pay for what their crappy appliance caused. Frigidaire wants to put a new part on, won't extend their warranty from date of new part for a year and expects me to trust them with another beef! Disgusting customer service!

Frigidaire expert review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

• Best for: consumers needing a freezer with optimal space-saving and temperature features.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout