Haier Freezers
1.33/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Haier Freezers

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 15, 2017

13 Haier Freezers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 15, 2017

I purchase a Haier deep freezer 1 year and 3 months ago from Walmart. The freezer has went completely out. It is not working. I called the company to report it. They gave me a number of a repair shop. Having a hard time getting the repair shop to respond to come out and look at the deep freezer. Company refuse to help me. On a fixed income. Cannot afford to buy another one.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I purchased the wine (fridge in July with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. I purchased it from Amazon. Haier sent a local repair company which took me 6 phone calls to get them out to see the fridge. It had made an explosive noise and stopped working. The repairman said there was a hole in the inside of the fridge as a result of it overheating and exploding. Later that day I got a call from Haier saying they would not honor the warranty because the fridge had been damaged. Never buy anything from this Company. They are no more than a scam.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 24, 2016

I just found out about the recall. It is not mine, it is my daughter's freezer. She has 3 children and don't have the time to do this so I'm doing it for her, I am her Mother. But I can't anyone to lesson to me. I hope you do the chest freezer by Haier. She bought it 2011. No let her know that it is on the recall list, it is Haier Chest freezer Model #HNCM070E Serial #1005004454.01. And the store she bought has closed the name is Pamida in hart county ky. Can you tell us what to do. It has stop keeping the food cold and the recall said it is a fire hazard. We are very afraid. Please let me know what to do for her. The company does want to help. Thank you.

Original review: May 3, 2016

I bought a Haier chest freezer (7.2 cu. ft.) 5 years ago. Yesterday it just stopped freezing. There is no reason why a freezer should only work for 5 years. I called HHGregg and they referred me to Haier, which never answered their phone. Do not buy anything made by Haier. It is garbage!

Original review: March 11, 2016

Haier Chest Freezer Model #hf50cm23nw - I purchased the freezer from Sam's Club. Before even fully opening the box, I fully read and adhered to every line of instructions in the manual. It has been 4 days of trying to reset the unit and hopefully get the refrigerant functioning properly. There has been NO LUCK!! It has not gotten below room temperature at all. And I have not been able to speak to anyone directly with Haier yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I purchased a higher degree about 4 years ago and I have not had any problems out of my freezer. Due to the fact that I have read some of the reviews stating that your freezer has failed them. I was very shocked to read that because my freezer it was stored in the garage to which it is no climate control. Only used it for extra storage of ice, ice cream and popsicles for the kids at my church. Did not expect it to last as long as it has. Thank God I must have gotten one of the good ones.

Original review: April 3, 2014

My 7 month old Haier chest freezer stopped and started several times before I called for repairs. I was told to bring it an hour away for service. I told them I couldn't and they said they'd look into replacing it. I called several days later and was told to fill out a form and send a receipt, which I did, and was told a replacement would be sent in 7-10 days. Two weeks later I called and was told it would be replaced in another 7-10 days. I told them I just wanted a refund and was told I would know in 2 days if it was approved. Again, I'm told in a couple more days. It's been over 3 weeks now with a partially working freezer and I've lost all my meat. Haier just doesn't care.

Original review: March 13, 2014

My 7-month-old Haier freezer began smelling really bad. I only keep meat in this freezer, and digging down, I found liquid blood at the bottom and defrosted meat. Figuring the drain may be blocked, I moved everything away from the drain. It began working again for a day, then the meat began softening again. This repeated several time & I called for repairs. I was told to bring the freezer to the service center one hour away. I protested and was told they'd send me some paperwork and they "might" replace it. Several days later I still hadn't received any paperwork, so I called and it was sent, but I was told it will take 7-10 business days to replace. Meantime I'm losing my meat!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

I have one of the freezers that Haier America recalled for the capacitor in the freezer's circuitry overheating and causing smoke and more advanced damage. When I found I had one that was recalled, I did what I found on the website and unplugged it right away. I had a major problem getting my frozen foods in it to other places to keep them frozen. I even have some in a couple of neighbors' freezers; however I called and reported my freezer. I have yet to date received any response from Haier America. The neighbors are asking me how many more months I will be needing their freezer space. Yes, I said months because it has been almost a year since I reported my freezer at first and after I called the Haier America number several other times to see what was going on with the repair and could never get anything but a recording asking me to leave a message.

I NEED MY FREEZER BADLY. I live in the country quite a ways from a store so it is critical to have a freezer or I would be spending a lot on running to the store for food so much more often and with the cost of gas going through the roof, I simply cannot wait for Haier America any longer. If anyone else is having the same trouble getting their freezer repaired or replaced from Haier America, I would like those people to make the next step and contact Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau and report them for not following through on these repairs.

DO NOT PLUG YOUR FREEZER BACK IN TO USE IT. I moved mine to an area where smoke and fire could be contained rather than in my home but after a couple of days after I started to use the freezer again, I smelled smoke and noticed smoke in small amounts coming out of the vents on the freezer so I quickly unplugged it again so I am back in the same boat, NO FREEZER, HIGH GAS COST, NEIGHBORS WANTING TO KNOW HOW LONG I WILL NEED THEIR VALUABLE FREEZER SPACE, AND A USELESS FREEZER.

Again, I urge anyone else not getting a response to contact the Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau and report them for not following through on these repairs or end up with a large $150 boat anchor! Good luck, everyone!

Original review: June 29, 2010

I agree with all of you! On April 24, 2010, my freezer died, and I lost my food and all. It's a brand new freezer, and is only 6 months old. There is supposed to be an alarm in it if it gets below the normal temperature. The alarm never works! Now, since the freezer is still under manufacturer's warranty, I have no choice but to go through Haier. After not being able to get any repair technician out in our area, as no one would service Haier and when asked why, 4 out of 6 places replied, "they take forever to pay us back when it is under warranty. We have to fight for it, so we no longer repair Haier". When we told this to Haier, they did not believe us, so they looked for a repair service for us. They could not find one, so they decided to ship us a new freezer!

It's already June 29th, and I still don't have a freezer! Why is it that every time I call, I get the same "we are sorry, but unfortunately we do not have any information at the moment. We will send this to corporate. Please call back in a week". This has been their 3 last responses. Anyone out there wanting to buy Haier, don't. Their service is awful. I lost over $1,000 worth of food.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2008
Original review: July 7, 2008

We purchased a small chest freezer for our son for Christmas in 2006. Two weeks ago it quit working while he and his wife were on vacation. When he called Haier he was given a service center to call. When he did the service man said it would be 60.00 just to come and look at it, and it sounded like a relay gone bad. It would cost 120.00 to fix it + the service call and he'd be further ahead just getting a new one.

I am so frustrated with the junk manufactured these days and this one in particular. When I called Menards the manager said there was nothing they could do about it. I've e-mailed Haier and have not received a response as of yet. We paid over 200.00 for the freezer and it only lasts 1.5 years? Obviously an inferior product.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2007

11/10/06 purchased a Haier HUF138PA Freezer from Home Depot. Mid-July 2007 the freezer stopped working, and we lost approximately $450.00 in produce and meat. Contacted the Customer Svc Dept and was told that a repairman would be sent out. After two weeks we called back as no one ever showed. A repairman was sent in mid-August and he said the freezer could not be repaired and should be replaced. He left without leaving any documentation.

We called Haier again, Sept 7th a repairman was sent from Mel's Air. This gentlement stated that the condensor and compressor needed to be replaced. He left without fixing the applicance. We called again on Sept 11, and sent an email asking if the appliance had been approved for repair or replacement, since we had not heard from anyone.

I was asked to fax a copy of the report from the 07-Sept repairman, and a copy of the sales receipt to show that the applicance was still under warranty. No response. We called on 21-Sept and was told that we would be called back after we fax the same documentation that was faxed on 11-Sept. No call back.

My husband is terminally ill, and we use this appliance for certain foods and medications. We have been inconvienced for over two months, plus the cost of the food that was lost and the cost of the appliance that does not work.

Haier expert review by Jonathan Trout

Haier designs and makes modern home appliances like washers and dryers, refrigerators, oven ranges and freezers. In addition to its freezer/fridge models, it makes five different chest and upright freezers ranging in size from 3.5 to 14.5 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: The 3.5 cubic foot model is an upright freezer that can hold around 125 pounds of food. It features an adjustable thermostat control and an easy-access defrost drain. It also comes with a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.

• 5.0 cubic foot freezer: Haier’s 5.0 cubic foot model is an upright chest freezer that can hold around 175 pounds of food. It includes an adjustable thermostat control and easy-access defrost drain. It's designed to fit in small spaces. It comes with one slidable basket to store frequently-accessed items.

• 7.1 cubic foot freezer: The 7.1 cubic foot chest freezer holds up to 250 pounds of food and has an aluminum interior. It features an adjustable thermostat, one removable basket and a manual defrost drain.

• 9.2 cubic foot freezer: Haier’s 9.2 cubic foot chest freezer holds up to 325 pounds of food and has an interior light. It comes with four wheels with brakes so you can easily move the freezer where you need it. You can store frequently-accessed items in the two removable baskets and adjust the temperature using the outside control.

• 14.5 cubic foot freezer: This is Haier’s largest chest freezer, which can hold up to 500 pounds of food. It comes with six wheels for easy movement and a security lock. It also features an interior light, temperature control and two removable baskets.

• Best for: consumers looking for easily moveable chest freezers.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout