3.79/5
Based on 32 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Haier Freezers

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

45 Haier Freezers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had this freezer for several years with no problems. It work very well. I would buy another this freezer. I made very well good lifespan. Have recommended to others.

Original review: June 10, 2018

It's counter height, attractive, quiet, and economical to run. So nice to be able to stock up on foods on sale and have room to stash it all easily. Low energy use as well. It's a chest so manual defrost, but not a big chore. It has been a good purchase, and I am happy with it.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Had the freezer less than a year. It stopped freezing. I followed instructions. Nothing. Called company. They did nothing. I got rid of freezer and Haier brand out of my life.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have a bad experience with Haier deep freezer. I purchase it from Egypt from 3 weeks. It is not working and usually have alarm and it stops. The Haier in Egypt under Electrostar company the technician came to see without solving the problem and the maintenance team. It is just waste time. I need to send an official complain to Haier direct as I purchase the product based on their reputation. To whom I can send an official complain.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had this freezer for one year and it just died on me. I never had any problems before and the freezer actually still looks good. The freezer was always full but not to the capacity. I did recently downsize the amount of food stored because the number of people in the household. But don't understand why it no longer works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: June 4, 2018

It only ran for 2 yrs and had to have it repaired and then ran for 1 more year, I lost all my meat 2 times. Never buy a Haier again!!! Have a Kenmore now for 6 yrs and no trouble.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Needed a smaller freezer 5+ size. Located this at a sub $100 price point. Easy setup and standard box build. Filled and keeping temp @ "0" with mid point on dial.

Original review: May 31, 2018

For the price the freezer works good, however it has to be defrosted often. I would not recommend this model for someone living in an apartment, also the upright is a better unit.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Bought a Haier 14 months ago. It stopped working 2 times! Lost all of my food! Home Depot repaired the 1st time (4 months). 1 month ago Haier rep. says it is out of warranty (1 yr), but it performed well during the warranty.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We bought the chest freezer because our upright stop working while we were away. We've had other products from this brand and the price was right. We have had it less than 6 months and it has performed very well so far. It is Energy Star rated and is self-defrosting.

Original review: May 26, 2018

It works well, but name on front slipped down on cabinet, seemed to scratch easily. True this has nothing to do with freezing, but was an annoyance at times because you do not want your appliance looking cheap!

Original review: March 28, 2018

It fits on my counter and doesn't take up a lot of space. I needed a small freezer so I purchased this at Menards and it seems to fit the bill, however there are a few small things that I'm not happy with. It is small like I need, but wish the inside was constructed to hold larger items. Also, the shelves are a little too close together and they cannot be moved. It has drawers and I removed them to have more storage space, and it's not frost free. So I have to remove the food to the top freezer in my fridge to defrost and if my top freezer is full I can't store frozen food there during defrosting.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have had this for a number of years now and purchased it to be an extra freezer which allows me to stock up, especially in the bad winters we get here. Perfect size for my laundry room and to stock up on sales items, frozen, meats, etc. It worked out perfecting for my family. I just wish it was self defrosting... sometimes it’s a pain the neck to defrost and clean it out... sometimes I have to use even a hammer to get rid of built up ice.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I like that it’s small enough to fit in my kitchen. It has a cool basket so I can put smaller items into it. It keeps my food perfectly frozen. The cost was low enough for my income also. It’s perfect for my needs. It keeps my food fresh until I’m ready to use it. Although, I wish it came in a different color than white. The white looks nice but it’s hard to keep in clean because I have 2 small messy children. I also wish it came in a different longer shape and that it wasn’t so heavy because I move a lot.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My overall experience with this brand has been awesome! They exchanged my refrigerator within a two week time frame and customer service was a delight to work with. I like this brand because it has a lifetime warranty for all my appliances. However, appliances are a bit expensive. But I have bought several appliances from different companies, but none of them can amount to the brand I have now.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I am completely satisfied with my freezer. It's user friendly and has awesome technologies making my life easier with faster freezing speed and temperature stability. It's a smart product with awesome features like programmable software. Haier provides a large storage area for frozen food and drinks. It's energy star certified, which means that the manufacturer participates in the energy efficiency program. I don't like though the cost and it should be cheaper. The short term service plan and the use of poor quality materials and design is another disadvantage. It needs to be more durable and stylish.

Original review: March 21, 2018

This freezer is better, cheaper and more efficient. It is also more modern while being suitable for a low income household since most of my currency goes to helping my son. However, it is rather bulky, I wish they made the metal not so heavy but that it could be resistant. I plan to use my freezer as a freezer. Not a tank. That would make this brand a lot more enjoyable, with that this brand would be perfect! I also hope they make the freezer be more insulated. I have many blackouts and everything in the freezer goes bad the same day.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Haier Freezers doesn't ice up as much as my old freezers. No room inside the house for it but it stays cool even in the garage when it hot as hell here in Florida. But the top falls down when I open it to grab something out of it and hits me in the head every time. But it was cheap for when the other freezer when out that sucked but does the job it supposed to do.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I am so impressed with how well my Haier Freezer has worked. It is roomy and I am able to fit a lot of food in it. It has baskets for extra storage. It always keeps my food fresh and safe. It is durable and has lasted me many years without needing it fixed. It was affordable to purchase it. It has worked perfectly for me from day one and have never needed any maintenance done on it. Furthermore, it doesn't take a lot of electricity to use it. I will definitely consider this brand of freezer again.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Nice prices and the Haier fridge has very nice lighting setting and it keeps cool and keeps all my foods really fresh and the meat drawer is my favorite quality. But repair cost, it can get very costly for parts to the Haier repair products. But buying a new fridge would just cost more and it becomes a very big hassle. Great experience. I love the Haier fridge overall and I will definitely buy more products from the Haier company. I love the blue lighting and stainless steel appliances that they have innovated.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I have just recently purchased this unit. So far I am very pleased with it but will have to see how it fares in the garage over the winter. The size of the unit fits the space I have to add a freezer, the price was reasonable and the weights is very consumer friendly. The temperature control dial is a nice feature that they should allow me to keep items frozen through all the seasons. Also, the availability of the unit was nice and I was able to purchase locally. However, the cord should be longer and the color variety choice was minimal. Wish they had more choices and an inside light would also be very nice. A locking feature would be very nice on the unit also.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I like the products of this brand, it makes me feel modern and that I am using the latest products of the market. I like that it's functional, simple and easy to use. I like their simple style and the space for items is enough. The foods or items gets cold very quick. When I want to cold a juice quickly, I just put it in the freezer 5 min and it's ready to drink. But I feel the Haier brand could improve their products so much better. For example, the colors of the models of their freezers or maybe a different style of it. Also I would to buy different sizes of a freezer and even a portable one.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I like how effective the freezer and the brand is. I haven't had a problem with it at all. The freezer is extremely reliable and I like the color of the product. The product is just very good but I would add a few more features, like making ice from the freezer, and add a few more colors to the look. My experience has been overall positive. My freezer has lasted for over 5 years and it has frozen everything that I wanted it to without problems.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I love this freezer. I bought it back in 2007 and ever since it has been a great freezer. It never disappoints and it still works as if it were brand new. It keeps my ice cream, meats etc frozen until I take them out. I like it and the size and style doesn't bother me. But I just don't love how the hinges gave out and lid/top no longer stays open on its own when I am looking through the freezer. Granted it is 10 years old but I believe that those should not have gone out the way they have. If different hinges were used it would stay open on its own.

Original review: March 12, 2018

It's just the right size for my family and for my kitchen, not too big, not too small. It holds the right amount of frozen goods. The brand is convenient to purchase and it's a good price. And it's available at a local store. The life expectancy is about 8 years. It's been positive but when it died, it just died. No warning. But that's ok. It was time to get a new one.

Original review: March 11, 2018

This is the only appliance I have with them. It's done the job it was built to do. I simply went to the store, hauled it home, plugged it in and that was it. It's a small chest freezers and just keeps food frozen with no extra features. The only thing I really don't like about the freezer is that the motor takes up too much space on the inside of the freezer, making an awkward filling space.

Original review: March 10, 2018

It has been great. It is just the right size for our home. It has the capacity to hold what we need for a couple of months. It has a basket to put food or bread in. It is easy to get food out of the bottom. We have had it for well over 10 years and even with the defrosting problems, it still works like new. Would really like it to be an upright instead of a chest. The main problem is defrosting it. It takes a while to get all the ice off the sides and then getting the water out of the bottom.

Original review: March 9, 2018

This is the first time I purchased this brand name but I am very happy with the product. It holds a lot of food and is easy to maintain. It has had a long life and it is energy sufficient which makes it a very good value. This freezer is convenient and fits in small spaces, temperature controls and was well priced. Works very good and holds enough so it was a good bargain. Also it has lasted a while so the brand holds up to its reputation. However, it was a little smaller than I had hoped and wished it was bigger for the price. If it was a little cheaper I would have been extremely satisfied but overall I think it’s a high-quality product and would purchase it again if I needed to.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The appliance works well and I am happy with it. It gets really cold very quick and keeps thing cold. However, I wish it was bigger and a different color because right now it is white and I prefer things that are black.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I have owned it for almost five years and it works great. It has a lot of room for all your food and it is very deep inside so you can store a lot of food. It also has a basket that you can put smaller stuff into. It stays at a normal temperature. But ice build up gets really bad sometimes and it makes my food stick to the side of the freezer. And sometimes has freezer burn. I also wish it would have come with more baskets or compartments because it is very deep on the inside.

Haier expert review by Jonathan Trout

Haier designs and makes modern home appliances like washers and dryers, refrigerators, oven ranges and freezers. In addition to its freezer/fridge models, it makes five different chest and upright freezers ranging in size from 3.5 to 14.5 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: The 3.5 cubic foot model is an upright freezer that can hold around 125 pounds of food. It features an adjustable thermostat control and an easy-access defrost drain. It also comes with a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.

• 5.0 cubic foot freezer: Haier’s 5.0 cubic foot model is an upright chest freezer that can hold around 175 pounds of food. It includes an adjustable thermostat control and easy-access defrost drain. It's designed to fit in small spaces. It comes with one slidable basket to store frequently-accessed items.

• 7.1 cubic foot freezer: The 7.1 cubic foot chest freezer holds up to 250 pounds of food and has an aluminum interior. It features an adjustable thermostat, one removable basket and a manual defrost drain.

• 9.2 cubic foot freezer: Haier’s 9.2 cubic foot chest freezer holds up to 325 pounds of food and has an interior light. It comes with four wheels with brakes so you can easily move the freezer where you need it. You can store frequently-accessed items in the two removable baskets and adjust the temperature using the outside control.

• 14.5 cubic foot freezer: This is Haier’s largest chest freezer, which can hold up to 500 pounds of food. It comes with six wheels for easy movement and a security lock. It also features an interior light, temperature control and two removable baskets.

• Best for: consumers looking for easily moveable chest freezers.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout

Wayne
NJ
www.haieramerica.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business