Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Haier Freezers
3.26/5

Haier Freezers

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Haier Freezers Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2019

The worst company ever, worst customer service, They don't resolve customer's problem. I file 2 complains no action taken yet. My deep fridge not working properly since 1st day. I called too many times but they are not helping us. Buying Haier product is a worst decision taken by me????

Original review: April 10, 2019

So I have. A family of 5 and a half. We've had our Haier 7.1 cubic ft chest freezer right at a year were not I im it much mostly used for frozen vegetables and wild game to help cut cost of food during the offseason of the two 8v. Literally had this freezer for maybe 10-11 months and all my food was ruined. It was convenient to nightmare smh. I dont believe I'll ever buy another product from their line.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had this freezer for several years with no problems. It work very well. I would buy another this freezer. I made very well good lifespan. Have recommended to others.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Had the freezer less than a year. It stopped freezing. I followed instructions. Nothing. Called company. They did nothing. I got rid of freezer and Haier brand out of my life.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We bought the chest freezer because our upright stop working while we were away. We've had other products from this brand and the price was right. We have had it less than 6 months and it has performed very well so far. It is Energy Star rated and is self-defrosting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: June 4, 2018

It only ran for 2 yrs and had to have it repaired and then ran for 1 more year, I lost all my meat 2 times. Never buy a Haier again!!! Have a Kenmore now for 6 yrs and no trouble.

Original review: May 26, 2018

It works well, but name on front slipped down on cabinet, seemed to scratch easily. True this has nothing to do with freezing, but was an annoyance at times because you do not want your appliance looking cheap!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had this freezer for one year and it just died on me. I never had any problems before and the freezer actually still looks good. The freezer was always full but not to the capacity. I did recently downsize the amount of food stored because the number of people in the household. But don't understand why it no longer works.

Original review: May 31, 2018

For the price the freezer works good, however it has to be defrosted often. I would not recommend this model for someone living in an apartment, also the upright is a better unit.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Bought a Haier 14 months ago. It stopped working 2 times! Lost all of my food! Home Depot repaired the 1st time (4 months). 1 month ago Haier rep. says it is out of warranty (1 yr), but it performed well during the warranty.

Haier expert review by Jonathan Trout

Haier designs and makes modern home appliances like washers and dryers, refrigerators, oven ranges and freezers. In addition to its freezer/fridge models, it makes five different chest and upright freezers ranging in size from 3.5 to 14.5 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: The 3.5 cubic foot model is an upright freezer that can hold around 125 pounds of food. It features an adjustable thermostat control and an easy-access defrost drain. It also comes with a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.

• 5.0 cubic foot freezer: Haier’s 5.0 cubic foot model is an upright chest freezer that can hold around 175 pounds of food. It includes an adjustable thermostat control and easy-access defrost drain. It's designed to fit in small spaces. It comes with one slidable basket to store frequently-accessed items.

• 7.1 cubic foot freezer: The 7.1 cubic foot chest freezer holds up to 250 pounds of food and has an aluminum interior. It features an adjustable thermostat, one removable basket and a manual defrost drain.

• 9.2 cubic foot freezer: Haier’s 9.2 cubic foot chest freezer holds up to 325 pounds of food and has an interior light. It comes with four wheels with brakes so you can easily move the freezer where you need it. You can store frequently-accessed items in the two removable baskets and adjust the temperature using the outside control.

• 14.5 cubic foot freezer: This is Haier’s largest chest freezer, which can hold up to 500 pounds of food. It comes with six wheels for easy movement and a security lock. It also features an interior light, temperature control and two removable baskets.

• Best for: consumers looking for easily moveable chest freezers.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout