4.33/5
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings

6 Danby Freezer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We recently bought a Danby upright freezer and it is so noisy. It sputters and coughs and when you open the door sounds like a plane taking off and when you shut the door it clunks and steams. Not sure I like that and not sure if they all do that either.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I like the variety, I know they have a lot of features and products to offer to us but not only to us but worldwide and I've never had a bad experience with them which is very great. However, I'd improve the warranty, the price, and how easy it is to access the brand like apps. On the other hand, I like how it freezes very well and all this time my freezer has never broke. I've always had a good experience with them but There was one time I had to contact customer service for a little screw that I lost somehow and they were very patient with me.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I love to cook and plan my meals the night before so a freezer is key to my lifestyle, and I'm very pleased with the Danby Freezer overall. Right size, auto defrost, baskets allow leveling and more storage, holds temperature, has alarm when too warm with a front light indicator rudded moves well, easy to clean and maintain, lockable, inside light, top stays open, freezes quickly when turned off. But I freeze a lot of food, keep a clipboard on the unit - a built-in clipboard "Frezer log" would be ideal.

The freezer absolutely has no problems to speak of, just a little too deep for me - have to stand on a step stool, need another or bigger baskets for small items. Had to improvise, make basket so they hook to each other. Wish this freezer had wheels too so as to move to clean under and behind. Cleaning inside is awkward but I delegate that! Never any problems with functionality just with appearance (white). When I purchased only white available - colors would be nice.

Also more often slight freezing to wall on the bottom and sides, gets too cold once in a while with no warning, window on top to see inside contents, ice accumulation to top inside fridge when one of the kids leave open a little - maybe a buzzer to alert me that is going on, fold out or detachable racks too on the back to allow for more efficiency and thus more product storage. Have add-ons or optional accessories - possibly an ice maker or Slushee attachment.

Other than those the Danby Freezer is one of the best, most efficient and rugged appliance I own. It has been moved two times with relocation trucks and has been through two hurricanes and still works like the day I purchased it. Highly recommended, and the price was good! Energy efficient and quiet too. All in all I never worry about it! Really helps save money by freezing vegetables and on-sale meat items, and still help out neighbors after hunting. But I should have purchased a larger unit, now I need another one. And I would rather long shape (rectangular) not square, doesn't fit in kitchen. Is in bedroom!

Original review: March 12, 2018

I am pleased with the freezer and I appreciated the color selection. I ordered this freezer because it was the perfect size for where I wanted it to go. It takes up the same space as a standard dishwasher. It is light-weight and easy to move. The front opening door made it perfect for under the counter. The temperature control is easy to use. The hook-up was easy because it plugs into a standard wall outlet. The freezer keeps the contents perfectly. It was delivered promptly and was securely packaged. But I didn’t like the shape/capacity of the bottom shelf... It makes it difficult to stack meats, vegetables, frozen dinners, etc. in the bottom, so food falls or tumbles over. The adjustable legs are hard to adjust. The shelves themselves cannot be raised or lowered.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I've had a great experience with the Danby freezer, it works better than any freezer I've ever purchased in my lifetime and the warranty on it lasts for years, so if there's any problems, you can get ahold of somebody and exchange or get money back. Very big and has a lot of space to store all your frozen items, easy to clean if it just so happens to get dirty. The temperature of the freezer is astounding, keeps everything as cold as you would want it. Has a thing for ice which is very convenient so you don't have to go buy bags and bags of ice. Slides in and out for easy access.

The only thing I would change is perhaps the handle, would like it to be the same color as the exterior of the freezer itself. And maybe a setting to change the temperature of the freezer although it's at a perfect temperature. And the icebox should probably be located elsewhere because ice sometimes slips behind the freezer and jam it and it's very hard to get out due to the small spacing between the icebox and the back of the freezer. All in all, love the brand and would highly consider other products from Danby.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby Freezer?

Original review: March 3, 2018

Lots of space and great cooling for items and stuff that need to be refrigerated and cooled. It also has a great water dispenser. It’s pretty good and would buy a more better version if I had more money. But, the water dispenser doesn’t come with the ice cube dispenser. Also, there’s not a lot of features but if there were more features I would get another freezer of the same company and might even pay a bit more for it.

Danby Freezer expert review by Jonathan Trout

Danby has been designing and making refrigerators and specialty kitchen appliances for over 65 years. Its line of freezers range in size from 2.6 to over 15 cubic feet. You can choose from 19 models of wide or upright freezers. Find the nearest retailer that sells Danby freezers on their website.

• Compact freezers: Danby has seven models of compact chest freezers ranging in size from 2.6 to 7 cubic feet. They feature foam insulation, mechanical thermostats and storage baskets. Each design is made to fit flush against your wall.

• Larger-capacity chest freezers: Danby has six models of larger-capacity freezers ranging in size from 8.1 to 11 cubic feet. Similar to smaller models, these freezers have foam-insulated lids and cabinets to save energy. They have rust-resistant aluminum liners that make cleaning a breeze.

• Upright freezers: Danby makes six upright freezer models ranging in size from 3.2 to 13.8 cubic feet. They can reach temperatures as low as -11.2 degrees and come with reversible door hinges for left or right-hand opening. Upright models come with multiple shelves and are Energy Star compliant.

• Frost eliminating: Danby freezers help eliminate frost buildup that comes from warm air sneaking in when the door is opened and closed. If you choose a unit with a frost-free option, it uses a coil that warms up just enough to melt frost. The water then runs down to the drain pan and evaporates.

• R600A refrigerant: R600A is an energy-efficient refrigerant that’s better for the environment than standard refrigerant. It is 162 times less damaging to the atmosphere than right-hand refrigerants like R134a.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple options when choosing a chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout