4.1/5 (94 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Freezer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Freezer?

Original review: March 10, 2021

My freezer sits on top of my fridge. And it was manufactured on 07/04. The freezer is a little small but it is still going strong. The fridge was the only major appliance that didn’t take a crap last year. Our stove washer and dryer all did within a 2 month period. At the end of Oct. so far she is a champ. I would absolutely recommend a Kenmore. And the next one I buy will probably be a kenmore.

Original review: March 9, 2021

The freezer is of good quality. We purchased it because of the pandemic and wanted to stockpile some frozen items in case they became scarce at some point during the pandemic. We have been very pleased with the freezer's performance. It keeps all items frozen until we need them. We have no complaints whatsoever about it and would highly recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My parents bought a Kenmore upright freezer in the mid 1960s and if I remember correctly it came fully stocked with food. The sticker is still on it, but the model number has faded out. This freezer was moved to another state and used by my parents until they passed away 20 years ago. I now have it and it is still working, It has had no repair done on it in all these years. When it finally dies (if it does) I will be replacing it with another Kenmore, The door handle has 16 on it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Beyond disappointed and dissatisfied. This is for a Kenmore freezer purchased through Sears. Bought it in April 2020. Broke down in June. Service provider came out to look in July and it is August 28, 2020. Nothing is fixed. Tried calling numerous time, keep getting the runs around, nobody would do something about it, nothing is being done.

Original review: April 27, 2020

NOT buy Kenmore Elite EVER, even SEARS IS THE WORST COMPANY ON THE WORLD. We bought a refrigerator Kenmore Elite on 2015. Since the next 3 months later I always have problem with the ice maker so we stay like that for almost a year because we don't bought an a extra guaranty. After the year I make decision to call Sears. Was in lot troubles to repair. Every visit charge $ 185.00. So they order the parts. Take so long to get then after 3 months later they coming to fixing and charging me almost $900.00 again. That happen more than 3 times. Fridge was damage again and every time they come home is a charging fees, they order the ice maker more than 3 time.

Took me a 8 months to repair the door. After one years later not ice maker worked again and they said is $129. But I know is will be again more money involve, so is not fear they do this kind of this class of refrigerator like that. And sears is the more worst company in the world. Not solution AT ALL. NOT RESPECTS TO THE CONSUMER BUYERS!!!

Original review: March 3, 2020

I purchased a Kenmore pro line kitchen suite which was quite expensive. At first all seemed well, but I quickly learned the dishwasher did such a poor job that I had to wash all dishes by hand prior to loading the dishwasher. The stove seems to still be OK but the refrigerator freezer, After just owning it three years has quit working and of course they only give you a one-year warranty. I am now looking at purchasing a new refrigerator freezer and the loss of several hundred dollars with the food.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Yes, we bought this freezer in 2002 and it's been great for 17 years so far! I was concerned we should replace it because we HAVE had it for a long time but in reading these and other reviews, some people have had theirs much longer. We do have to defrost ours about once a year because it's in our garage and, honestly, I don't mind because we've gotten so many years of great service out of it. Impressive 17.5 cf freezer.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Horrible experience! Don’t order from them! Bought a Kenmore deep freezer that stopped working after 4 months and lost 6 months worth of Breastmilk, something I can never get back! I’ve been calling Kenmore and Sears and keep getting passed on from one department to the next with no one is acknowledging the manufacturer warranty! I wrote something via their FB and then had someone respond - won’t give refund because more than 30 days but can’t send someone to fix it for more than 3 weeks!

Original review: July 14, 2018

It's the perfect little 10 c.f. freezer for our small family. It's light, easy to move and energy efficient. We don't fill it all the way but if empty we unplug and easily clean it out.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This refrigerator has been purchased over 9 past years, and all through years - nothing was interfered nor damaged whatsoever. I occasionally included minor questions, and freely include their 800 number with additional questions & responses. Very nice company!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I find this freezer an excellent choice. It's both affordable and efficient. It has plenty of room, yet doesn't cost me a fortune on my electric bill. Thank you sincerely.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a 7 cu ft that has been moved 3 times and works like a charm. Just wish we had gotten a larger freezer. I will probably get another Kenmore when this one freezes its last.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Kenmore Freezer has room for many different reasons. You can put many left over from the night before and you can compartment cold and hot vegetables.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I bought this freezer several years ago and it is totally frost-free. Shelves are well placed and easy to access. There are also shelves on the door. I have been very pleased with this product and have never had any problem.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Just purchased a new smaller freezer 4 weeks ago. Had much larger previous freezer for 25 years that went bad at Thanksgiving. At 82 yrs old decided to downsize to smaller one. Hope I am as pleased with this one as I was with previous freezer.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I have had good results with all my Kenmore appliances. I would highly recommend this product. I have used Kenmore appliances for many years. I have been very satisfied with all the Kenmore Products I have used.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I've had this freezer for 20 years. No problems with it and we even had to move to another State and it still is working great. I would recommend a Kenmore to anyone.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've had this Kenmore Freezer for 23 years and it's still standing strong! I've never had to maintenance the unit during the course of ownership. All of our items freeze thoroughly and quickly. The only issue, that is due to true wear and tear, is the seal is not strong at all. Once we close it, it's closed and air doesn't leak out but it doesn't have the same resistance when lifting the freezer door open as when we first got the unit.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Mine is not huge and small is what I wanted. Kenmore had exactly the right size. Mine is not an open at the top, rather opens just like a refrigerator. I love having the extra place and space for to buy extra and buy larger amounts to save money. Friends ask where I got it all the time. It is so likable and handy. My daughter bought one also, just because of the size. She is short on space, but this Kenmore is perfect. I like it so well that I would buy another one just like it all over again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Our Kenmore is a 1990' 6 cu. ft. Freezer. It has been in use 100% of the time these 28 years without any problems. We are in the process of updating our appliances to more energy efficient models and will replace this freezer with a new energy star model.

Original review: July 2, 2018

MY overall experience with this Kenmore freezer was a good one. The model I bought was midsize and valued in the middle of the road amongst the freezers I was choosing from. So when the fan started making a little noise 3 years into its 5 years of use, it didn't bother me too much. It was fairly efficient the entire time and never had to defrost it. In the end I sold it for half what I paid for it, so solid value.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have had Sears out no lie 9 times on my 4 year old freezer for an ice maker that doesn’t work. I also have a Sears extended warranty... They come this Friday again.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Freezer quit working. Tech instructed me to put it in my back seat of my car and bring it in for service??? What happened to "we service what we sell." Haven't purchased any Kenmore products since. Took it to the dump along with the ruined food.

Original review: July 1, 2018

The freezer works great. I have have had it for three years mos now and it's an upright. It has kept the cold temp even when it's hot outside. Never any problems.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have used only Sears Kenmore brands for over 45 years. I gave a 30 year old one to my girlfriend in 2015 and recently had to use the one I gave her for a few days because my present one was too full of food. Both freezers are still working fine.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Great refrigerator and freezer! Very pleased with its operation, features and reliability. I love the double door access and separate compartment for the freezer. Very quiet in its operation.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have an upright medium size Kenmore freezer. I have owned it for more than five years with no breakdowns. However, it’s a bit fragile inside around the frame and floor areas. Although it’s supposed to be frost free, ice builds up in frozen foods.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My freezer (upright) is 9 years old, continues to operate perfectly and has never required a repair. It is frost free, upright with door lock and has been an excellent investment.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Kenmore Freezer's cheap, not just in price, but it is also shoddy. It breaks easily, lock never even worked and doesn't stay closed; we put a 5 gallon pail of paint on it to hold it closed.

Original review: June 27, 2018

It's a great freezer for a family of 4. It fits in anywhere with just right the height. The 3 shelves are wide and deep enough for pizzas and even a large turkey to fit on and the drawer at the bottom is perfect for vegetables or extra bread. I like the frost free feature too. Overall, it also has great value for the price.

Kenmore Freezer Company Information