4.6/5 (74 ratings)

About Independent Home

Independent Home provides the highest-grade walk-in bathtubs on the market at the most affordable prices. We are a factory direct, family business that does everything under one roof. Our end-to-end business offers free consultations, product selection, installation, and service, all backed by a lifetime warranty. Purchase with confidence from Independent Home.

Pros

• Customizable models
    • Installation discounts
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Rain showerhead options

Cons

• Capacity may affect water heater
    • No online pricing

Bottom Line

Independent Home offers several walk-in bathtubs, including wheelchair-accessible options. The company offers many tub sizes, including bariatric models. Get an in-home consultation for a quote.

Independent Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: June 14, 2022

I appreciate that I didn't have to start my payments right then. Independent Home gave me time to put away some money and save up. Greg the rep had all the information that we had talked about earlier and he knew exactly what I wanted. It made everything go smooth and fast. The installation crew was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. They were really professional and they didn't disturb me at all. The tub is different from my other one as far as the jets are concerned. They don't have the jets to where you can turn on different parts when you are sitting in the tub.

Also, I don't know the levels that are supposed to fill the tub in order for me to get the jets to go on my back. It has holes up there, but I don't feel it on my back at the top. So, I don't know if I need to mash the up button or mash the down button. Other than that, I'm enjoying it so far. It's the best decision I've made because I kept falling out from my other tub. Also, it's helping my arthritis as far as getting circulation going in my legs.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for the positive review! A member of our Care team is going to reach out to you to help with your questions about the jets.

- The Independent Home Care Team

Original review: June 13, 2022

Independent Home's sales rep was very cool because he casually mentioned that they had a finance program and I availed of that. But I knew I had the money to do it, so I didn't really bring it up when the guy came to set up the tub. I gave them 5,000 upfront, then I told them I was going to finance the rest of the other 6,000, and he got very upset by the fact that I didn't tell him that before he set the tub up. He was very unprofessional and and when he found out I didn't have $11,000 to give him right then, his whole attitude changed. He contacted somebody that was in his upline and the guy that I talked to ran a credit check while the guy was here. The credit check was approved and he told the installation guy to go ahead and complete the installation. But he was going to take it apart where I couldn't use it. So that guy needs to know a lot more about business.

Perhaps, in the future, Independent Home can screen the people and inform them of the whole program, because he wasn't sure that I was going to be able to pay for the tub. That was a very bad experience with me and my wife was wondering if we were going to get physical with the way the guy was talking to me. Other than that, the young lady that talked to me periodically who was monitoring me and setting up the time for everything was most helpful.

During the installation, they tore open the threshold plate when they were trying to get it inside the house since the tub was too large to get it inside the door. But they jerry-rigged it and put it back down. I'm glad they didn’t leave that completely broken up but I can still see some cracks. They also had to take the bathroom door off and now, I can see daylight between the frame of the door and the room itself. But that's something that I can live with and I'll get something to patch up the little daylight I see. Aside from that, I can see some spaces that were missing where the caulking line is on the front of the tub. When they put the tub in and they caulked that part to seal it, they did not do a very good job. I've seen much better than that.

But the tub works fine. I didn't know about the jets and I like that feature. The pressure from the jets is good and I'm really satisfied with that because they do what I need them to do. They massage, and aid your back, feet, and legs. But I’ll put some kind of shield over the jets on the seat. It's a little irritating because of the pressure coming out and that's a sensitive area where that pressure is making contact with, but that's what you want.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The Independent Home sales rep was very informative. The only thing was that he did not offer us any discount at all. I was a little bit concerned about that. So, we checked around other places and I called and they gave us a $500 discount on the outfit. When the representative comes in, he should be upfront about that. Our new walk-in shower is amazing. There were two fellas that came in to install. They came in around a little after 9:00 and they were done by 5:00. Everything was neat and they cleaned up. We used a dust rag to just pick up the little bit of dust there, but I did not have to use a sweeper. The workmanship was excellent. I was totally amazed. The product seems to be of good quality. We've had it since April. No water escapes at all when we're showering. The safety bars are in a good place. Everything's good.

Independent Home response

Thank you, Gloria! We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your shower and had a great installation experience. We do have a $500 referral program if you have other friends interested that end up purchasing with us.

- Independent Home

Original review: June 4, 2022

The people were very kind and understanding and we're happy with Independent Home. The only thing that was a problem was the installers didn't come early in the morning. They came after 10:00. But it was because they had to go all the way to Orlando and pick up the tub. So they started a little late, and they ended late in the evening. But they did the job and we were pleased with what they did. But we didn't get enough hot water to fill it up over the jets. So we had to wait for the hot water. We have to put in a new instant hot water to get more hot water to fill the tub. But we have no problem using the shower until that gets installed. We have the product to put up, but we're having a little issue having it connected so we would get enough hot water to cover the jets. But we're dealing with that.

The installers had to come back and put in the shower part on the wall. The only thing that I have a problem with is that it doesn't lock it up there to stay. It keeps on sliding down the pole. So we can't get the shower thing to be high enough if we're standing to take a shower. But overall, the tub is very good for my husband. When he gets in the tub, he can sit down on it and have a shower, or sit in the hot water. I don't worry about him standing in the shower and falling.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I liked what Independent Home presented. I was gonna get a walk-in bathtub earlier, but it’s too much money. I couldn't get one and I struck a good deal up with them, and I took it. I called them and they came out and we talked face to face. Their installers were very courteous and we talked quite a bit. That was a good conversation.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Our walk-in tub from Independent Home is working out well. I researched walk-ins for over a year and the price was outrageous. The companies ought to come in and give you a basic price for the top of the line and then start working it down with these promotions. Most of them do that except Independent Home. They didn’t because I told them that I had researched and I knew what I was getting.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I love everything about our tub from Independent Home. It's like having a hot tub but not having to deal with all the chemicals and stuff. I'm glad we got it. It's come in handy a lot.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The rep didn't push anything. They had a good deal and the tub came a lot faster than I expected. I'm completely satisfied. If something had to be changed, they changed it. The tub wasn't quite as long as the distance I had and they filled it in. So now I have a ledge and it's fantastic. The tub has been very nice so far.

Hi Margaret,

We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with Dave and a top notch installation. We hear from a lot of customers that we are typically able to save them a few thousand dollars over quotes they got from some of our competitors. Happy tubbing!

- Independent Home

Original review: May 27, 2022

My mom, who is 95 loves the walk-in tub. The reps were very nice and the installers were really good.

Hi Debi,

We are so happy to hear she is enjoying it! Thank you for your positive feedback.

- Independent Home

Original review: May 26, 2022

The salesman from Independent Home came by and demonstrated to me. He was very nice. I haven't been able to use the tub because I tried it one time and it turned cold when the water got to my knees. So, I had my grandson come and turn the heat up on the hot water heater because I wasn't gonna get another hot water heater. That was a new one. I haven't tried the bath part since then. I really prefer a shower, but the shower really doesn't have a lot of pressure and it really bothers me. Also, there's a dial in the middle of the tub and nobody will explain to me what it does. But other than that, I like it fine.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I believed the Independent Home sales guy that came out and made the visit and the lady that I spoke with about their tubs. They were honest and I felt good about using them to make the purchase. The installer came out in two days, did a great job, and cleaned up well. So, everything's fine. I got the tub for my wife. She likes it. The quality has been fine.

Hi Larry,

We are thrilled to hear that your wife is enjoying the tub and had a great installation. Our product technicians are the best in the business, and as you probably saw, we can typically save folks a few thousand dollars over competitors with a superior tub. Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

- Independent Home

Original review: May 11, 2022

The main reason I bought this tub in 6-19 was because of reviews by Consumer Affairs and their promotion of Independent Home tubs 'because' of life-time warranty of parts and labor. Little did I know this was only as good as the paper it was written on. First of all, it says 'Lifetime Warranty' online and through C.A. BUT, when you receive your instructions and p/w with tub it states only one year! I verified this w/ Alan, VP of company who brushed off and claimed his secretary made a mistake w/ p/w. (1st Flag!)

When I had it installed, there were no demos so took word of installer to anticipate size of tub when purchasing since we met in person, and he could see that I was 6' even and 250 lbs. As the 2 men installed tub the salesman/installer Joel mentioned to me it was exact same tub that he owned. He was at the least 6" smaller and under 100 lbs. lighter. When I attempted to get in I could not even close the door. They had to replace tub w/ a bigger unit or I refused purchase. What good is something if you cannot use properly? AND, their tubs are on the higher end of cost. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Joel then tried throwing all these negative facts at me as scare tactics, like I will need another hot water tank, I will use excess water, etc. ALL these facts proved untrue. Turns out he did not want to take off door frame in room to get tub through. (2nd Flag!)

About one year later, sprayer goes and fails completely (late 2020). I call Alan VP who sends me a sprayer. Postage date still on box. Then in mid 2021 one of the auto drains of 2 shut down completely. I call Alan, he sends part out. No problem getting the parts- they have nobody to install the parts! A regular plumber does not want this liability because of design, so you are at the mercy of this company who literally has nobody to do this work! Which is HALF of this very warranty! It is now mid 2022, I still have parts, and have been told by entire staff 'someone' will contact me by phone or e-mail to no avail. As God is my witness, I have contacted this company through its New Jersey listing, its Cleveland showroom (calls just get sent to NJ) at the very least about 20-25 times. How else would I know of Kim (Pres), Alan (VP), Rachelle (Secretary), and Bryson.

When doing the research for the walk-in tub of your choice find out who will be maintaining the tub, and how long it would take. I would ask for some kind of time constraint on paper before even purchasing. I was initially told by installer/salesman/contractor that he would be doing any maintenance necessary being that he only lived 30 minutes out. Never once answers phone, never once replies to e-mails. Completely ghosted.

Hi Dennis,

We can assure you, the lifetime warranty is for life! As you probably remember, we've sent out multiple technicians multiple times to try to assist (Jerry, Mike and Joel, so far), and you have turned them away. If you have decided that you would actually allow for someone to help resolve your issues, please get in touch.

- Independent Home

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

We have recently had an independent tub put in our home. While the tub looks great we have not been able to enjoy the benefits of it. When we purchased it and had it installed, everyone from the salesperson to the installers told us that our 50 gallon water heater would be adequate and should have no problem filling the tub. It is not! While we can fill the tub about halfway with bath temperature water it will turn cold once you get the water to the seat. Now we are going to have to spend about $3,000.00 to upgrade our water heater to one that will actually fill the tub. Then we can actually enjoy the tub with all of its benefits.

The second complaint we have is about the damage done during installation. While the guys that installed our tub did a great job and were very friendly and professional they did create a couple issues that we did not see before they left. One is a cracked floor tile and the other a cracked door frame. They had to remove the door and frame completely and either during the removal or install the damage was done. Even though we had some issues we still recommend this company just don't let them tell you that a 50 gallon water heater is big enough to fill the tube with sufficiently warm water.

Kennie and Patricia

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Independent Home sent one of the representatives out and I spoke with him. He answered all of our questions pretty much. I did some more looking around. I finally ended up with him, and I've been very happy since. Three men came out for the installation, and they've got that thing down to a science. Everything was perfect. They did a great job. As far as the tub, quality is good. The features were everything we talked about. It's working very well for my needs. The whole transaction was handled very well and I'm very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I couldn't use the water tap faucet outside in the back. I contacted Independent Home and they said they would look into it. That was about two weeks ago. Other than that, the installation was great and the guys were super. I have the tub for about a month now and the quality seems to be good. The water pressure is not very good, but it's not bad. And it's easy to get in and out of.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Independent Home seemed like they were more responsible and less fly-by-night people. Also, the tub is guaranteed for life. Everybody that came through was good people, and they did the job good. They got here on time. It didn't take them very long to do the job. They did exactly what they said they would do. When they brought the tub in here, they set it up in my living room and had me get in it before so I would be satisfied with it. It was okay for what I needed it for. The guy that came after, where they had to cut the hole out of the wall, did an excellent job. I've hired him to do some other work for me. The only thing is that I’m a pretty big guy and the tub is a little tight for me. They could make it a little bit wider. But it’s okay. The bathtub is perfect. But the price is kinda high. A lot of people that need it could not afford it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The installation guys were very friendly and took care to cover the carpet, and did not leave a mess. However, they didn't seal the drain holes that they cut, so when the wind blows, it comes in the house. I got up in the middle of the night, and I could see light coming up from the floor where the tub sits on the floor because they didn't seal things underneath there and the yard light was shining inside the house. They came back and sealed up those. Then the air that comes out of the jets when in the warm water was cold. I don't know if there is something I need to adjust. Other than that, the tub works great and exactly like it's supposed to. I love it. The problem that I'm having now is getting enough hot water in it because my hot water tank is small.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Independent Home had a good price and a good product. We love it. My husband likes the wave feature that it has. I just like to be able to get in and out of a tub. I'm very pleased about that.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Independent Home's rep came out for a visit to give me an estimate and I bought my walk-in tub from there. He did a good job and I bought the Destiny from him. Then, the installer guy came out, tore out the old tub, and put in a new one. It was pretty simple and I was very satisfied. So far, the tub does what I need and I like being able to sit down when I'm taking a bath or a shower. I've also recommended it to some people.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I like our Independent Home walk-in tub. The installers did a good job and we anticipated the destruction but they didn't go to a lot of effort to fix some other stuff. They ripped up a door jamb and put it back together afterwards. But they left gaps and my husband had to go back in and refinish two of the door jambs after they left. There were painting gaps as well because they had to do some cutting and carpentry. But we wouldn't give anybody a bad mark for that.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The sales rep was really nice, friendly, and seemed to know what he was doing. The installation took about three days and everything looks good.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

The sales rep from Independent Home did a good sell but we had an issue where they were gonna try and raise the price when we had a contract. I called him several times and texted, and didn't get a whole lot of answer. All he had to say was that he was on vacation and that he understood our issue and would contact us as soon as he gets back. Finally, he called and decided to do a three-way with the manager who told me not to call the salesperson anymore. That was a little juvenile because all he had to do was tell me to call this number instead of the ignored calls and texts. They ended up going through with the contract that we both signed. We got the tub in one bathroom and the walk-in shower in the other bathroom. The installers were excellent and the quality of the product was good.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I had three people come out. Out of all three, the rep of Independent Home was the most pleasant. He was also very knowledgeable about their product, was willing to work with me as far as financing and understanding financing. It was a family effort to purchase the Independent Home for my mother and Independent Home went that extra mile in breaking down the different financing available to us. I also like their price.

The installers were also mindful of being in your house. I appreciated that. Although they look like they were littering the yard from the construction and the things they needed to do out in the yard to make the repairs, when they finished, they cleaned up. They even cleaned up in the bathroom to the best of their ability with what they had. They did what they needed to do to pick up all the dust they made from the sawing and drilling. When I came behind them, I had very little wipe up or mopping to do behind them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Independent home sold my dad a $16,000 tub, took the old one out, busted it up and threw it away. I don't appreciate my dad getting taken advantage of. He was in a very bad situation. He couldn't get out of his chair but he wanted the tub. The salesmen should have assessed and be smart enough to ask instead of taking advantage of an 85-year-old man. He's gone and now we have this tub. Who's gonna pay for it?

The installation crew sucks and they did a ** job putting the tub in. The floor under the tub was all messed up. They didn't put in flooring and put the tub in on a rotten floor. I had to straighten everything up. I don't like the tub.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

The Independent Home rep had a more expensive tub he tried to sell and he covered up the less expensive price tag with his thumb. Also, the installers were very nice, did a good job and cleaned up after themselves. I like the door wider or swing-out. A swing-out door would be good. Other than that, the tub looked good.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Independent Home had the program that I wanted for the circumstances I live in. The first tub came but it was the wrong size. We rescheduled for two weeks later. On the day of installation, David led a team of three and it went smoothly. The tub met my needs very well. My concern was safety and it has allowed me to stay in my home. The fact that I can step three inches often, know that I'm safe getting in and out. The crew installed grab bars as well.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I talked to someone from Independent Home last week and I have a little problem that I need the service guy to give me a call. The lady said she would call them. But they haven't called me. Other than that, the sales rep and installation crew were both excellent. There are a lot of the normal bathtubs that people just turn them on and hop in. So, ours is a little better.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

My husband called the place where we could get an Independent Home walk-in tub and we liked the way they brought it out as well as the way they talked to us about it. They also gave us good advice about which was a good one for us. When our tub was installed, the guys did a good job. They worked hard and explained everything. So far, I love our new walk-in tub. But we needed a better hot water heater and I wish I knew that ahead of time, because when we took a bath, the water wasn’t hot and was cold too fast. So, we had to get another hot water heater. Then we had to up the element thing to make it hotter. But it works great now and it’s been relaxing on my back and my legs. Since using it, my legs and feet are not as swollen as much.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

The unit itself is excellent. It's working fine. My wife is getting great benefit from it. The only concern I have is I'm trying to get copies of the documents that I signed and I haven't been able to get them to send that to me. I have some, but they should have given them to me when I signed them. I shouldn't have to be going through what I'm going through to get them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I was looking for an upgrade and Independent Home happened to come up. The salesman was nice and he explained everything. So, I decided to go for it and their guy installed the tub within a day. Although some other guys came by, they were undecided. But the second guy came and he was a little more experienced. So, he made it work. They could have made the entranceway a little wider but everything else seems pretty good. The tub is doing everything that the salesman said and since I got it, I'm getting a little more circulation in my legs and feet, so I'm pleased. I had family that came down and when they used it, they were pleased with it, too.

Independent Home Company Information