2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
View More View More
Independent Home Learn More

Independent Home Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 7, 2020

I don't like my walk-in tub from Independent Home. It takes too long to fill up. That's our water problem. But it is too short and I can't lay my head on the back down as low as I can get. If I was about 4-foot tall. I would probably be very comfortable in that tub but my husband hadn't even been in it at all. But I don't care for it.

Initially, I had a man call and he said that he would give me a free estimate on the tub. When he got out here, my husband was home. I told my husband, "I'd rather have a hot tub than bathtub." Our hot water heater is a 50-gallon heater but it drains the hot water heater. We can't get it full. The cold water starts coming in. I just wish we hadn't had got it.

I enjoy it once I get it full. It takes so long for it to fill up. I don't have enough hot water to fill it. We're on country water and our pressure is not that strong. I'm sitting there in the cold and I could use the shower one to keep me warm. We've got a nice big walk-in shower, so that's where we bathe. And we bought the one from Independent Home just for more or less a leisure tub. But a hot tub would have been so much better for us because we're both still very mobile and it might be good for invalid type person that can't lift their foot.

The installation went all right. I wasn't too pleased with the way the door trim came out because the installer left the spackling drywall stuff on the wood of the door, but I could probably get that off with the sander. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Overall, I'm dissatisfied. We didn't need the tub. I was thinking it'd be good for sore muscles but my sore muscle is in my neck and the tub is not deep enough. It's good if I wasn't mobile like I am. I wasn't expecting to get it but my husband came in and he wanted it.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I’m very pleased with my walk-in tub from Independent Home. Some friends told me about them. Then they called me and asked if I was interested in a walk-in tub. I told them I’ve been looking around for one. The young man came down here, we talked, and he told me what he would he do for me. I told him, "If I don’t like it, I ain’t gonna pay you.” And he said, “All right. You’ll like it. We do a good job.” He meant what he said, and they did a good job. The installation went wonderful. I got out of their way. Two young men came in here, worked like everything, and they were here for about five hours. I could see them going in and out of the house, and I could hear them cutting, and doing this and doing that and talking. The first time they came in, we just greeted each other. They didn’t take any break. They worked steadily, and I liked that.

I really like laying in my tub and relaxing. I’m 80 years old. I like the looks of it. I can shower if I want to. I can run the water and run it up until I just lay there and relax. I don’t get around much as I used to. I like it because when you don’t get out and work and move around too much like I am now, you could have a flaky skin. But with the tub, you sit there, and you put some kinda stuff in it, and it'll help you oil your skin up. I love it myself. I didn’t care about all that other junk they put on there. Just a plain sit down and wash is all I cared about.

Hi Charles,

We are happy when you are happy! Thanks for sharing your experience and thanks for your recommendation of Independent Home.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: March 5, 2020

I use the shower and the shower flow is very weak. So I’m not real happy about it. Independent Home called but there’s nothing they could do about it. But my husband does the shower to wash his hair and then he does the tub. And he likes the tub. He’s hurting and he needs the chair in the tub and that was another reason why he wanted that because it had the built-in chair. He can sit down at any time and even when he’s washing his hair. The installers were great. I recommend them wholeheartedly at installation. I really liked them a whole lot. They were very courteous and quick as far as what I considered inputting it in and my water was not shut off for very long at all.

Original review: March 4, 2020

We decided we wanted a walk-in tub, had meetings with about four different companies, and chose Independent Home. We generally liked the way their product was. We preferred it over the products of the others. They also had a good price. Their installation group was very quick, efficient, and good at their job. They came in one afternoon and they finished up the next day. They left the house cleaner than when they found it. We were very pleased with the way they installed it. We’re a little bit concerned that we might have a small leak, but it might have been something that we did. They did a beautiful job. We’ve had it for several months now and I can’t see any problem with the deterioration of the quality of their work.

I love taking a bath and the jets. I also love being able to fill it up. I like a really warm bath because I have some pain in my back and when I get out of it, I feel so much better. I took a bath the night before last, and I can still feel the effects. It’s really good for me. I’m diabetic and have a bad heart. I also fell and had a compound fracture in my lower back. The tub is really helping me. My husband has some back problems and loves the tub, too.

Hi Pam,

Thanks for choosing us for your project and for your kind recommendation. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: March 3, 2020

A friend of mine in Missouri had a tub put in in her home and she was really pleased. She told me that she found some people who put the tub in my house and told me their names and phone number. I had limited space in my bathroom, so the tub had to fit where the stand-up shower had been. Independent Home made it special for that spot. The installers did a fantastic job on the installation. They even provided and put in a new toilet for me. They also installed the vanity I bought and put the leftover flooring that I had down. The only thing that I had to do was to paint the wall.

I like the way the tub feels and the fact that it drains quickly. Then about 10 minutes after I’m out of it, it kicks itself on, cleans itself and shuts itself off. I also like the jets. I’m 67 years old and been hurt a lot. I’ve got a lot of aches and pains. I also had major back surgery in 2006 and I’ve got a lot of metal in my back. I am walking better since I’ve had the tub. When the jets hit me, I just relax. And I’ll sit in there until the water starts getting a little cool. Then I get out, dry off, go lie down, and I go sleep. After they left, there was no leak, but now, I’ve got a small leak coming out of the drain all of a sudden. I need to call them about it, but they gave a lifetime warranty on the tub and all the installation. And I like that.

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your kind words and we are glad we were able to make special accommodations for your unique installation. Have a super day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: March 2, 2020

My wife wanted a walk-in tub. Independent Home installed it in one day. It was real nice work. The tub is of good quality. I like the sit-down and the jets. It’s working real good.

Hi John,

Thanks for your concise review and kind recommendation of our company. Have a wonderful day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: March 1, 2020

We had a terrible time with Independent Home. We had a 40-gallon hot water heater. We got a bigger one, then we finally got two, and that cost $12,000. Then we had to have the electrical wires trip the breaker, and we had to go through all that and that was $300. I like a hot bath better and I'm kinda disappointed because now that the water is so hot, I can only put half of it on. It takes quite a while. I have neuropathy and I'm 83 years old and I get so cold sitting there. Also, it's not comfortable. I have to sit straight up. I wish I'd gotten another type that I could lay back. I'm not really happy with it, but I'm stuck with it. People should know they need a lot of hot water for that thing.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Jason and Josh started early and stayed on task. Very careful of house and contents. Install could not have gone smoother. Mike did a good job explaining the process. There were no big surprises. Overall very pleased start to clean-up.

Hi Ronald & Marsha,

We are happy that the install could not have gone smoother! That makes us happy. Thanks for sharing your experience and for recommending us!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Jason and Josh did an excellent install and work. We are over and beyond satisfied with your workmanship. Keep up the great work. Best wishes on your bright and shiny career in bathroom installation. We will have you back if we add a bathroom or tub.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your compliments of Jason and Josh! We will be sure to pass this on. Have a great day and enjoy your walk in shower!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

This is the worst investment we have ever made. We purchased a Walk-In Bathtub Independent Home Walk In Bathtubs about a year ago and have only used the tub about 3 times. The salesman talked us into buying a "big boy" tub and it takes about 30 minutes to fill (no one wants to sit in a tub for 30 minutes waiting for the water to rise high enough to turn on the jets). Plus, we had to purchase an additional hot water heater because we ran out of water with our standard 55 gallon heater. We're still paying on this $10,000 outfit and are unable to use it. We're both over 70 years old and on a fixed income. We're very unhappy with this. How much would you charge us to exchange this model for a much smaller one? The salesman should have warned this poor, disabled, military veteran.

Independent Home Company Information