4.55/5
Based on 78 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 8, 2018

375 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My mother could not get in and out of her garden tub anymore without potentially falling, so we got the Independent Home Supreme walk-in tub that has the shower feature and 32 jets. She can do whatever she wants to do with it. She can step in, close the door, have a seat, and take a bath or a shower. It was easy to purchase the tub from an Independent Home dealer. The reps were very knowledgeable and explained all the details concerning the tub, including its functions and how to take care of it. I could have gotten the same type of tub from another company. But when I told the rep that I was willing to pay $6,000 as an initial payment, he knocked $3,000 off the price of the tub, and that’s when I decided to go with Independent Home.

Another deciding factor in our purchasing from Independent Home was that they could be there in a couple of days to install, whereas I would've had to wait about three weeks with another company. The installers were courteous and trustworthy, and they did a good job. Overall, we had a very good experience with Independent Home. They've been professional, polite, concerned about our needs, and knowledgeable about the product and the needs of a person that required a walk-in tub.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I've seen walk-in tubs back in magazines for years. But at that time, my wife and I had good knees and hips. It was something that would be nice to have, but I don't need it. It got where both of us are having difficulties with joints. I decided to get one. Independent Home’s salesman came in and we’d bat the breeze. He was a likeable guy. The other outfit was American Standard and their salesman was the gnarliest and nastiest guy in the world. If we didn't go along with his feel, he would give dirty looks and acts upset. We knew we wanted the tub but Independent Home’s salesman made the difference. In terms of my dealing with the installation team, it was great. There were two guys who showed up. The door jammed to the casing around the door and they put all that back. They cleaned up and were courteous. They were very professional and did it in a very short period of time.

My wife uses it all the time but I don’t think I need it yet, although it does have a shower. But I sat at it one time and it felt good. She gets leg cramps, and sometimes she has to get up in the night. She will go sit in that tub, do its thing and she says it helps her. It’s great. It looks like a little higher quality chrome, doesn’t have any leaks in the bottom and no junk falling off. I weigh 300 pounds and when I step on it, I don't feel it sag where I stand. It feels like it's pretty well-built. My wife is pleased with it, and when she does, it means my life gets a lot better. I had a good experience and I would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Scott and Barb were very efficient, they know the product and features. The installation procedure went very well. They keep everything clean, they do a great job. Nice people and we would recommend them 100%. Salesman Dave ** was very knowledgeable and manager Bryan ** was very helpful. I think we will be very happy with our new walk-in tub.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

A guy from Independent Home came by to see us. We’ve had a good experience buying the tub from the dealer who was a nice person. Also, the purchasing process was pretty easy. The installer was nice and courteous too. He was able to answer any question that I had.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I got a walk-in tub from Independent Home. The sales rep came out and talked to us about it and we got what we wanted. The installers came and built it in. I read the information and how to use it. Overall, I'm satisfied with everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We got a standard walk-in tub from Independent Home. The salesman, Rodney, was very good, helpful and worked with us a great deal in terms of accommodating our schedule. For my wife, who has a Parkinson's, even if she didn't take a soaking bath, giving her a shower with her sitting down in there and me not having to bend way over is a really nice feature of a walk-in tub. It makes it easy for me to do that.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had about five guys over here representing most of the major walk-in bathtub companies and I decided on Independent Home mainly because of the cost. Mike was really a super salesman and he was very good. He knew all the answers and he knew how to play the game. Afterwards, two guys came from California and they did a very nice job installing the tub. However, the main reason I started to look at walk-in tubs was the therapeutic value. I have a bad leg and it really hasn’t helped that much, but I've always enjoyed a tub bath and this is a very nice tub.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I had looked online for walk-in bathtubs and someone from Independent Home called me. It sounded good but I knew they're expensive. I called the number and made an appointment. They sent someone out and he was really nice. He told me about their products and how much they were. Independent Home's people were so good, polite and got the work done quickly. The two who came to install the bathtub were also just super and I was pleased all the way around.

I bought the it for my husband who has dementia and Alzheimer’s. I had trouble getting him in the shower. It seems like he doesn't want to get in the bathtub either, but I sent him in there a couple of times. I heard from others that they have the same type of problem that I've been in. At first I checked the bathtub out before I put him in there. I had shampoo but I forgot my soap. I started to get out and realized I couldn't. Then I wondered if the door is also locked when it's full of water because I don’t want him opening it and flooding then I have to watch him. So I need to call them because I don’t know. But I enjoy getting in there and sitting down. The bathtub is really good and I'm happy with it so I wanted other people to know about it. I would recommend it and I've already told my support group about it. I also gave the man who leads the group a flyer about it because he was interested.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The Independent Home sales representative was great but I was so disappointed that he didn’t wait. It’s hard to get in and out of the walk-in tub. When I sit down, I have a hard time getting up because I have a bad shoulder and my left arm is not up to par but that’s the arm I have to pull up with, and there's nothing to pull up with on the right. They also sent me a cushion but it wouldn’t quite fit, so we put towels on top of it. But still it’s a problem having all those wet towels and the seat seems a little bit low for me. I wish that I went with a full-size shower the size of a tub and then put in there my own chair that I can take in and out. I would recommend that people try out the walk-in tub — actually get in one, sit down, and get out — and see if that’s exactly what they wanted.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Independent Home is the best. I have called a lot of different companies about walk-in bathtubs and somebody from them called me back. The dealer that I spoke with was great and their installers were very good as well. Everything was fine.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My daughter found Independent Home in the computer and we went with them because the bathtub has got a lifetime warranty on it. The salesman was very nice and I would give him an A. He even came back out here when we had a leak and fixed it for us. He was out two days after I called, so I have no complaints. They were real good about it. The installers were real nice as well. They got the tub in in no time and they cleaned up after themselves. It feels good when I get in the hot water and I like the bubble when everything is all right. I've wanted to take baths and sit in the hot water. It's fantastic.

Original review: July 30, 2017

When I purchased a tub from Independent Home, it was easy. I like the ease of getting in and out and that it fit in the space that we had. There was no problem during the installation and we’ve had the tub for four months now. I would recommend Independent Home if my friends were considering it.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have neuropathy and I'm trying to get my feet to feel something so I decided to get a walk-in bathtub. Independent Home was the first one to call and so they were the one that got the deal. Everybody was nice and considerate at Independent Home. The installation team was also really good. They were courteous and showed me how the walk-in bathtub works. So far, it's been good. I'd advise other people to use Independent Home as well.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Called about a walk-in tub for my mom as she was no longer able to get over the ledge of a normal tub. A representative came and talked about the kind of tubs and the work involved with installation and said that he would be able to do everything I needed to make sure it's handicap accessible. So we signed the contract and paid the deposit. We were informed that the tub we went with was on back order so we had to change colors or wait for the color we wanted. We told the representative to go with a plain white so we wouldn't have to wait. Contract said work would begin in 14-21 days, didn't actually begin until day 26. The tile we paid extra for was apparently wasn't a option anymore so we had to change to a random generic tile in stock at the local store, we didn't get a refund of the extra paid for the nice tile.

Was in contract that a access door framed nicely in the adjacent room would be installed in case for any reason we needed to get to the tub's water sources, wasn't done. Just a hole cut into the wall with a piece of tin over it. A 2 to 3-day project turned into a 6-day project. Had to ask for the representative to leave the premises to stop the screaming, profanity, and vulgarity he was showing towards his construction employees. As we live in a community with children this was entirely not acceptable.

In the end was charged $1500 more than a competing estimate he guaranteed to match, and we didn't get all the work promised at contract signing, just paid and got him out of the area to avoid any further issues with the neighbors he would of caused. If you are looking for a walk-in tub I would suggest a different company than Independent Home.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Independent Home had a good quality product and I could get it in in one day. They also seemed to be very conscientious. The sales person showed me the information on the tub, and we went through that, and the price. It was a good price and with good warranty. I felt it was a good value too on the tub compared to some of the others. It's got air jets, a shower, and the walk-in door. The installation team was very nice and professional. They were very careful about not messing up my floors. They started around 8:00 and were through by 2:00 to 2:30. They did what they said they were going to do and it looked great. And they left my house as clean as they found it. I had somebody come and look at it that was considering buying one.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I was thinking of my wife having any problem and she might break her hip. We're not getting any younger so I decided that we had to have a walk-in tub right now. Purchasing a tub from the Independent Home dealer was very fast, clean, and the installation was very rapid too. The only thing that was questionable was why we were given a door. When they brought it in, they said I'd have to pay it myself. I didn’t quite see that because they knew that this was a problem that they would have to install the door because of the width of the opening. I expected that they should be taking care of this. I was a little disappointed on that aspect because when they brought it in, I supplied the doorknob and the paint and I should never have had to do that.

The tub we have fits what we had in mind. It has everything in it. It's very nice, but we still have to call them for one more thing to make an adjustment. It's a rubberized gasket and there's something that had to stick to the material so that the door doesn't make a mark on the metal or the metal make a dark mark on the door.

Original review: May 29, 2017

The Independent Home salesman was a local Montana guy who lives in Helena and he seemed real nice. He came, sat, talked to us about the tub, and gave us a final price on it. We gave him a downpayment and it was an easy purchasing process. They set up an installation date and were on time. They came, installed the tub, and get out of here about 6:00 that night. They hauled away all the garbage and everything else and cleaned up their mess when they got done. It was a tremendous experience.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Independent Home's walk-in tub was made in the USA so I chose to buy from them. The sales rep was very nice. However, I'm having a little problem with the drain that when I turn it to close it and put water in it, it seems that it does not want to go down. Other than that, I'm happy with my walk-in tub.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I am disabled and can’t get in and out of a bathtub. I went on the computer and I liked what I saw so I called Independent Home. The installers did what they were supposed to do. They made the walk-in bathtub look nice up in the bathroom and cleaned up after themselves. I've talked to some of my friends that are seniors like I am about the tub and I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I kept complaining to my husband that the step in our walk-in tub was too high. So he found out about Independent Home's Walk-in Bathtubs. They came out and gave us an estimate. When the gentleman came, I told him that the old step was too high and he agreed with me. I had an accident before so I don’t have the total ability to step up a little higher to get in and out of the tub. But now it's much easier to step into the tub and I also enjoyed it. The guys that installed the bathtub were good, kind and considerate.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Independent Home had a tub dimension I wanted. It's the smallest one they make. We had a huge 80-gallon bathtub. We never used it since it was hard to get in and out of and it created water shortage when you fill it. I wanted to get rid of that. I ended up with the jacuzzi. The walk-in tub was a secondary thing. My wife has some arthritis in her back and didn't like leaning over to put her makeup on and I wanted to create a space to put a sit-down counter for her to put her makeup on. So, I wanted to have a minimum sized walk-in tub.

The tub worked fine and they did an excellent job installation-wise. When we took the tub out, a marble wall panel was created to put around it. It looks excellent. I purchased it directly from Independent Home. I called the factory, made sure they could put the sides and ends on it to accommodate the way I wanted to turn it. I worked directly with the factory. They sent the installer out. The guy was very easy to work with and understood what I wanted to accomplish. He did a good job and cleaned up after they left. And I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I had my shower changed to a garden style tub. I wanted to get something that I could use to a better experience than a walk-in shower, where I can soak in and bathe. Their two installers were great and they did a good job. They had the old one out and the new one in within three hours. They also took their time to go over everything with me. They made sure I knew how to operate the tub.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I've been hearing about walk-in bathtubs for years and for me, they were old people bathtubs. I ended up having several back surgeries, a knee and neck surgery. Both my rotator cuffs are shot and I'm getting ready to have those repaired. We have two bathtubs and I kept falling. So, I told my hubby, “I don’t care what it costs. We’re getting one. I am so tired of falling.” I had to get myself one of those “Help! I've fallen I can’t get up” things and put that by the bathroom. I started doing some research with the different companies and Independent Home is the most economical with a good warranty and that’s where we went. My mom and dad who live in Tacoma also purchased a tub. They paid $18,000. When they found out how much I paid for mine, they were livid because they tore up their bathroom floor.

We had a couple of different problems. I’m not going to say that we don’t because we’re human and we caught them and got them corrected by Independent Home. They worked, bent over backwards and helped whichever way that they could and so the problems were taken care of. The tub is working fine. I’m not tripping anymore. We got us a brand new hot water tank with our tub. My folks got a toilet.

One major problem that we caught was they were installing the wrong tub. They didn’t check their paperwork and they had gone to lunch and hubby and I went in and I said, “We’re supposed to have 30 jets. These only have 20. And we’re supposed to have a light kit.” So I called the company because I didn’t have the workers’ phone number. They immediately got back and the guys came in and said, “We are just so sorry.” But they were the ones who had to be sorry because they came in on a Saturday morning at 9:00. They left Saturday night at 10:00. They came back Sunday morning at 9:00 and they left Sunday afternoon at 4:00.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Independent Home's prices and the salesperson who called us were really good and the product seemed to suit our needs. The people we dealt with explained everything. We had a strange bathroom and they still were able to get it in. It was really hard working in the bathroom and the installers had knocked our toilet paper holder off but fixed it.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I'm 72 and my son who is 52. Both of us are getting older and he has trouble getting in and out stepping over the bath tub that we had. So we had been looking at the hot tubs and decided it'd be better to go with a walk-in tub. Besides that, it's all just one person in it. At first, we saw an ad for the same company that had a $1500 and $2000 rebate. But we didn't know about that and that's the time that we went ahead and purchased the air jets. The process with the home dealer was pretty easy because when we decided we were going to get it, we went ahead and went straight to the bank, withdrew the money out and paid him for it.

The installers, a guy and his daughter, were very nice, courteous and answered all my questions at that time. He said that he had one in his home and that they enjoyed it just as much without the water jets. It worked better as far as the massage and making you feel better. Especially on people that have older skin. I was satisfied with the experience when we bought it. But my son is complaining about the handles being loose and the tub dripping a little bit. I need to get that fixed. But when I called the guy who installed it, he didn't call back so I'm a little dissatisfied with that.

Original review: May 15, 2017

We got a call from Independent Home and in fact, they even came out. They talked to us about the walk-in tubs and showed us what they had. I had heard about it before and after talking to them, we went ahead and took it. Then we gave them a time to put it in and the installation team went upstairs, put it in, did a good job and left. The experience had been easy. The tub is 5-inch depth in, with double door seal built-in and has a safety grab bar. I enjoy it and I have no complaints.

Original review: May 14, 2017

The purchasing process was very easy. I checked out three different ones and Independent Home was more of what I wanted. I got the taller 47-inch tub to get higher up on my back and I chose that tub because of injury and health reasons. But, the jets aren't as high up as I wanted them. The team that installed the tub has been good, courteous and were able to answer my questions. However, on an older pier-and-beam home with a high tub, they need to look more at the floor because the tub's a lot of weight. If I had done it again, I'd have extra beam pairs underneath the house because of the amount of water that goes in the tub and the amount of weight that goes. It does put a lot of stress in it and it somewhat sinks down a little bit.

But the product itself is pretty good. Although, the tub only has four feet that go down on the floor and you got several hundred pounds of weight. You got over 800 pounds per 100 gallons or sometimes you'll use 200 gallons of water. So, you've got 1600 pounds on four little legs that go down so there needs to be more reinforcement underneath. Other than that, they were easy to get along with. I'd recommend Independent, but the tub they install needs more support.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I just had surgery on my hip and I wasn’t doing good in a regular shower so I had to have a walk-in bathtub. I’m sorry I bought it because of the cost. And it’s supposed to have a shower holder to hold the shower nozzle up on the wall. They didn’t give me that and I didn’t care for the way they put the trim up. It looks schlocky, but it’s all right. The installers from Independent Home were good but they took a brand-new shower head that I wanted back.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I met a good man who came to the house and explained a whole lot of things about Independent Home. During the installation, it took the installers eight hours to put the walk-in tub in which was good. They knew what they were doing and everything was all right. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Independent Home had a beautiful installation. Their installation team was very good. I feel, though, that I wasn't ready for it. I shouldn't have invested in it. My own shower had a lower threshold than this tub does, and it was easy just to step in and out. My own shower was roomier and I could maneuver better. I get into a fight with the shower curtain every day but it functions well. It's a wonderful product as far as using it for a tub but water is so expensive here in Verde Village. As a matter of fact, after I got the unit, I discovered that my hot water heater was inadequate. So I had to spend an additional amount of money in getting a new hot water heater.

I use it every day as a shower. However, I don't have time anymore to sit and enjoy the tub for a while. I've only filled it once since I've had it. Nonetheless, I would recommend to anybody that wants that kind of installation but the first thing that a person ought to do is to know how many gallons it takes to fill it and if they have a rapid recovery hot water tank that has the capacity to fill the tub. Because on my end, there were still four inches to go to the top of the jet and my hot water was already gone. People should at least check if they would need to get a new hot water tank.

Independent Home Company Information

2002
independenthome.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use