4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

743 Independent Home Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 13, 2019

We had regular bathtubs here and my wife couldn’t get to lift her feet high enough to get into them, so we put a shower in but she didn’t like that. A guy from Independent Home called me and he knew what he was talking about and explained it to us, and he was very good about it. We told him to bring the walk-in tub down and put it in. They brought a small one, but my wife couldn’t get in to it because she is heavy. So, they brought a bigger one and put it in. We’ve enjoyed it, and I would recommend Independent Home.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Purchasing the Independent Home tub was very easy and the installation went fine. The installers told me who they were and I showed them where to put the tub, and I backed off and let them do it. They got through with it and cleaned up after themselves fine. With the model I got, I just lean over, open the door, step in, close the door and take a bath. I can also put a wave, plus it has a place for an aroma if I want it. It seems to be very good and I haven't had any problems with it. I like being able to just sit down and take a bath again. Before I got it, it was strictly a shower because I couldn't step in and out of it.

Hi Veda,

We are glad to hear the whole process was easy! That is our goal. We are happy to hear you are able to take a bath again - thanks for your recommendation.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 11, 2019

I couldn't get out of my tub for the longest time, and that was almost a couple of years ago. It was impossible for me because I wasn’t feeling well and I had some things with my legs. The gentleman from Independent Home who came here was friendly. I trusted him and he was really good. I had no difficulties buying the walk-in bathtub but my family got upset. On the night before the installers were supposed to come and install it, they told me that I have to call and cancel it. We had a big discussion. Somehow, the reps from Independent Home came and installed it. They finished in half a day and everything was fine after that. At the time, it cost me $12,000 which was a lot of money. My family thought it was a scam. Now, they like it. They’re completely different.

Hi Eva,

We are happy to hear your tub is making a difference and you are now able to bath again! And we are happy your family agrees! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 10, 2019

We got a robocall from Independent Home that I accidentally answered. We wanted to get rid of the bathtub and have a shower in there but there was a problem. You needed to build a wall because you couldn’t have a shower without a wall. So, it was something we needed to solve and Independent Home did it for us. They built the wall and they put in the walk-in shower. We’re getting up in age and figured one day we may need a walk-in shower with a seat. Neither one of us cared for the idea of a walk-in tub.

The shower was ridiculously expensive. I know it is quality but I was hesitant because of the price. We came very close to saying, “Forget it.” The salesman was very friendly, and we felt comfortable with him. He had a big part in convincing us. His name was Joe and he came from Des Moines, Iowa. It took him two and a half days. There was a blizzard coming and he needed to get home. He left the pieces here and so, my husband somewhat finished the project. Building the wall and finishing it off would have taken quite a lot of time but it’s okay. It worked out and I like the shower.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Bathtub to shower. The two gentlemen on my job were very friendly and professional at what they were doing. They were careful to clean up each day before they left. I was very impressed with the job they did and would be very happy to recommend your company.

Hi Mary!

Thanks for your kind recommendation of Independent Home! We are happy to hear you are impressed and will pass this on to your installation team. Have a wonderful day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: May 8, 2019

A very professional job. They bent over backwards to make sure we were happy with the work. The shower is going to be a blessing to us. The sales team and install team did a very good job. We think that the shower will be a good fit for us.

Hi Dickie,

Thanks for your kind compliments and we are happy that you are happy! Thanks for choosing us and have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My sister and I purchased a Walk-in Spa Tub last summer (2018). We had service out three times within a couple of months of install. The install was great. The service tech was respectful and did a great job. I was disappointed that the tub was not installed in the direction we asked for. I let that go. The work looked so good.

However, we still have a leak in the basement when showering and I have spent a month trying to get in touch with someone at Independent Home and they have not responded to me. I called last week and no one has called me back. The metal that the handle closes against has fallen off the tub and another metal part has come out of the bottom of the handle. Did I mention it still leaks downstairs when someone showers? Oh, and the water jets have not worked for months. Also, the metal shower rod that holds the hand-held unit for showering - is rusting and a rust stream is running down the rod onto the tub rim. Also, it looks like part of the tub finish is coming off the rim of the tub where you rest your hand/arms when in the bath. I do not recommend this company at all. They do not stand behind their work. I hope this review will get me a response from someone at Independent Home!

Original review: May 6, 2019

My installers arrived and quickly went to work covering my floors and removing anything that might be damaged during the work process. Every evening when they left, they cleaned up anything that needed to be cleaned. They worked quickly and efficiently to remove the old tile walls and tub and get everything ready for the new walls and tub floor. I couldn't ask for competent workmanship and I am very happy with the new shower. I know I will enjoy many years of safe showering in my own home.

Hi Shirly,

Thanks for taking the time to share you story. We are happy to hear that our teams exceeded your hopes for the outcome of your shower and we are happy that you will be enjoying you'll be enjoying your shower for years to come! Have a super day!

Original review: May 6, 2019

This lady came to my door one evening and told me about Independent Home. I didn’t have any other company talk to me so I just took this one right away. I got the shower and I like it. I had a shower before but this one seems nicer. The reps put new faucets on the shower but I got a new sink too and they just put the old faucets back on. But they said they’re gonna send somebody with the faucets and put them on for me. So, that was nice.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My wife saw an advertisement for walk-in bathtubs. We are getting old and we decided that it would be a good idea to get one. It would be easy to get in and out of. The installation team from Independent Home knew what they were doing. They were here all day but we got out of the way and let them do it. The tub worked out great as well as our experience.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for your recommendation. We appreciate you choosing us for your project. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 3, 2019

The installers were very professional and very clean. They took good care of my property and possession. The tub looks great. Can’t wait to use it. The Independent Home company was very respectful from the installers on up. Would recommend. Samuel and Mary

Hi Samuel and Mary,

Thanks for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Spa Tubs. We will be sure to pass this on to the installation teams and share your feedback. Have a great day!

Original review: May 3, 2019

Someone from Independent Home came to our home and purchasing from them was extremely easy. We got the only model that would fit, and the installers had to come back another day but they were very good. I take a bath every other day now and we haven't been doing that in years.

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your recommendation. We are happy to hear you are bathing again! Have a great day.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have been trying for over a month to get a replacement faucet. I have called the 1-800 number several times and they keep telling me that They will have someone call me. I just called now and they hung up before they even took my number. Cory

Independent Home response

Hi Cory, Thanks for working with us to resolve the confusion about the replacement faucet and for updating the star rating to 5 stars. We appreciate your business and have a great day!

Independent Home Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 1, 2019

I did an online search and Independent Home was the one that answered back. I had been looking into this for a while ‘cause I didn’t know if I wanted to do that or turn it into a handicap bath, and when I got to research it, they had the best prices compared to the other places. Purchasing was the easiest in the world. Everything was explained and they showed me videos. The installers knew what they were doing and did it in the amount of time they said they would do, and they didn’t miss cleaning up.

Because of the way my bathroom is laid out, I figured the tub for the door to open to where it wouldn’t bother the commode. I also got some lavender bath salts and it makes a difference. Bathing is so easy, in and out and there’s nothing to clean. You just rinse it out and you’re done. I would recommend anybody with issues of any kind to get one of Independent Home tubs ‘cause it's a lifesaver, especially if you’re going through physical therapy anywhere. You just sit in it, relax and you’re good to go.

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for your recommendation of our tubs, installation teams, and affordable prices. Have a super day!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Extremely excited about the new walk-in tub! Looks great in the bathroom and very simple to operate. Both the installers were very professional, friendly, informative, and helpful! The tub was installed in a very timely manner. Would definitely recommend to family and friends!

Hi Debra,

Thanks for your kind words and recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Tubs! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I've been interested in a walk-in bathtub for a long time because I am no longer able to get out of a tub by myself. I am disabled, so I needed the walk-in tub for health reasons. The first gentleman I spoke with at Independent Home was a very nice man and was very congenial. He was very good about calling me back when I had a question. The installation of the walk-in bathtub went well. The general manager called me and he said that he had another tub that just came in. It was still in the crates and it would cost less. Although I can manage, my problem now is I am a little on the queen size, so I have a little problem getting the door shut because I need about another three inches wider. I am satisfied.

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for sharing your experience and we are glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. Thanks for choosing Independent Home. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 29, 2019

My wife has arthritis and I'd been thinking about getting a walk-in tub for a long time. I looked up Independent Home and I went with them since they make their own tubs locally in the States, and it's got a lifetime guarantee. The rep was really nice, but the price tag was pretty high at $11,000 each. Still, the installation guys did a very good job and cleaned up their mess. They were very nice and polite. I've already told their boss that he should give them a fair raise. We have two full baths so I got two tubs, and the ones I got have bubbles. We both use them and they work well.

Hi James,

Thanks for the kind recommendation of our products and installation teams. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got several quotes from different walk-in tub manufacturers several years ago. I didn't decide to do anything back then but now that I am ready to get one, Independent Home came along. I then got my unit from them. The salesman I worked with was wonderful. He seemed very knowledgeable and his delivery was great. The installers who came to install the tub were very friendly and knew what they were doing. It took them three hours before they completed the job, but then I thought that it would take all day. Overall I'm very satisfied with the tub. It's everything I thought it is. I have arthritis and problems with my back, and it really helps.

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for taking the time share your experience with our walk-in tub specialist and our installation teams. We are glad the hydrotherapy is helping your arthritis and back pain. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 24, 2019

Somebody called me to see if I might be interested in the Independent Home walk-in tubs, and I said, “Maybe.” So then he came over and showed it to me, and I said, “Yes.” The salesperson that came left it up to me whatever I wanted to do. That was very nice, and I would recommend him to anybody. The installers were great. I didn’t have to pick up or clean anything after them. It was all clean. The Independent Home tub is great, and I love it.

Hi Velma,

We are glad you love your tub! Thanks for the kind recommendation and have a great day!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Sales person very nice and explained about materials used on shower. Workmen called to tell me when they would arrive, and did arrive at that time. They were very professional in doing job and seemed to take pride in their work. They clean up when they finished for day. They explained how new equipment worked, and answered my questions.

Hi Judith,

Thanks for your review and we are happy to hear your walk-in shower project was handled by our installers that took pride in their work. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I've been looking through the phone book and found Independent Home. I called them and the people there were friendly. However, the installer didn't complete the job and there are still some stuff that needs doing on it. When he did the caulking, he didn't caulk everything. The caulk in the door that goes at the side of it is already cracking. Somebody needs to come back. I've had them out here one time, but the tech didn't finish the job and left. My wife loves the tub, but I am very dissatisfied right now.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Independent Home's tubs are outrageously expensive, but we couldn't seem to find anything and decided to just go with it. The installation was pretty good. The tub was put in very nice. It's very attractive. However, There were some people who didn’t agree with some people and the installer said one thing and we found out something else. I didn’t get everything as straight across as I thought I was going to get it. I was more confused at times than I needed to be. Maybe it's just because I'm up in years. But there was a little discrepancy here and there. We experienced a lot of concern and worry but there were some very good people there, especially the one who came here and introduced the tub to us. He tried to walk the last mile. Some people made me more comfortable than others and I liked them better.

The product is good. Some days, I can't use it because I have a few issues with my body. It's a benefit to have it and I wish my body would cooperate more. At the base of the tub, when you're in the bathroom and you look across where the tub is, I never realized that you had to leave a little space in there where it meets the floor. I don’t like insects, spiders and earwigs, and anything can crawl in there if it got under the house in the right place. I wouldn't do it over again because it was too big of an investment.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I saw ads on the television about walk-in tubs and Independent Home was the company who called me. The rep was wonderful and the experience was very good. The installers were fantastic and I love the quality of the tub. I haven’t had a good bathtub in a long time and other than the fact that this tub takes a while to fill up, I’ve enjoyed the experience totally.

Hi Margaret,

We are happy to hear you had a very good experience with our teams and that you love the quality of your walk-in tub! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 17, 2019

The guys called and confirmed their arrival and was on time. Both are very precise. These gentlemen are very professional and were able to solve all the problems associated with the job. Both are very personable, easy to communicate with. We are both VERY happy with their work. Steve ** and Paul **.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for your compliments of Steve & Paul on the installation side of things. We will be sure to pass on your note. Have a super day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 12, 2019

Independent Home's rep gave us a good presentation and we decided to take it. There was nothing pushy. The walk-in tub was a little higher-priced than we intended to go for, but we decided to do it. Very nice people installed the tub. They worked on it diligently and got it done in a day and a half. The tub is more than a regular tub. It has a seat and the jets. We love it. It has been a lifesaver for us.

Hi Janice,

We are happy to hear that your walk-in tub has been a lifesaver for you and your husband. We are smiling ear to ear reading this! Have a wonderful day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 11, 2019

Install walking shower and vanity counters - Installers were on time both days, very professional, left things neat and well organized when they left the first day. They left the area clean upon completion of the job. The father/son team were very cordial and well mannered. The product is gorgeous. Is much better than I anticipated.

Hi Dolores,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and for your recommendation of Independent Home. We appreciate it and hope you enjoy your walk in shower for years to come.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The Installers was great not to mention the fantastic job they did on the installation. My wife and I love the finished product. Ozzi and his crew were top notch. The tub is fabulous. We enjoy every minute of our session in the tub. I am a big man and that tub is Great, I am able to take a bath which I was unable to do because I was too tall. But now I can do both bathe and shower and enjoy a Hydrotherapy Spa any time of the day or night. Thank you Independent Home for such a great product and improving the way life for my wife and I. We would highly recommend this product to everyone.

Hi Woodrow,

Thanks for the kind recommendation of Ozzie and the hydrotherapy spa! We are glad it's improving things for you and your wife. Have a super day!

Original review: April 10, 2019

We've got arthritis in our knees and back, and we thought a walk-in tub might help. They're mighty expensive, but we went ahead and did it. Somebody from Independent Home came up here, showed us all that stuff and talked to us. I don't know if he was pulling our leg or what. He said he invented all of the walk-in tubs then other people bought them and put their names on them. But he was a talker. That's for sure. As for the installation, they did a good job. It was an all-day job because they had to take our old tub out. They also had to take the door facing down to get it through the door. But they fixed everything back to how it's supposed to be.

We haven't got to really use the tub like we want to because we gotta get a bigger water heater. We run out of hot water so we haven't been able to fill the tub up completely and sit it in. I can get it up to about knee-high sitting down and then we start running out of hot water. We had told Independent Home how big the water tank was and they said it might or might not be big enough. But I run a lot of water to get hot water to the kitchen, which is on the other end of the house upstairs. So we're gonna get a 50-gallon tank.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am the owner of a newly installed "walk in tub". The installers were so friendly and courteous, they made me feel like I was family. Mr ** and Jeffery arrived at the agreed time and worked diligently, always keeping me informed and soliciting any questions from me. They provided operational details and offered after install questions/service. The inside and outside were left clean. I am pleased with the install. This was a pleasant experience. Thanks for the acquaintance.

Hi Gloria,

Thanks for recommending Independent Home Walk-In Tubs! We are happy to hear it was a pleasant experience and we hope you enjoy your tub for years to come!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: April 4, 2019

The installers were on time and were very professional and courteous. They took extra care to take care of my property and to clean up at the end of the day. The spa looks awesome cannot wait to use it. Would recommend to anyone.

Independent Home response

Hi Ann, Thanks for sharing your experience and we are glad they respected your property during the installation of your walk in spa tub! Have a wonderful day!

Independent Home Company Information