4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

792 Independent Home Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The installers did a wonderful job on the install. The work and craftsmanship was wonderful. The whole team at Independent Home were fantastic. The installers walked us through on how to work our new spa. All in all would recommend.

Hi James,

Thanks for your kind compliments and for your recommendation. We appreciate you choosing us and we are happy when you are happy! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I am very pot with my experience with Independent Homes. The crew was punctual and polite. They got right to it and did everything correctly. I was kept informed through the entire process. I was shown how the tub works with a demonstration. I couldn't have had a better experience. Thank you.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sharing your experience and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our team members on your project. Have a super day!

Independent Home Customer Care Tam

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I saw a number on TV for Independent Home and called them. The interaction with the sales rep was wonderful. I got the walk-in tub with the door that swings inside. The guy came in, told me what was gonna happen and I wrote him a check. They did the work and everything worked out fine. The installers showed me how it work. I had a pretty good idea because I was looking through the paperwork as they were putting it in and I knew what buttons did what. He showed me that and a couple of days later, I got in it myself and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I just kicked back and let that bogey go. I especially like the shower. In the tub, I'm afraid to stand up, afraid of falling down but with this, I got the handle bars to hang on to and it's better. Also, my favorite feature is the in-line heater. The circulation of the water keeps the warm temperature.

The new tub got me up and out a lot quicker, it keeps me warm and I'm able to move better. But I wish the price is less. It's worth the money, but it's a lot of money. I understand that it takes money to produce a quality product, and this is a quality product. In order to get quality, you gotta pay. I'm a retired veteran and I've told a couple of my friends about my experience with Independent Home. My brother is older than I am and he's planning on putting one in.

Hi William,

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your new walk-in tub. Thanks for your recommendation and for choosing us!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We were getting ready to look for a new shower and we liked Independent Home's product. A sales rep came in and showed us the product. We wanted to get rid of the tub and we didn't want a walk-in tub. We wanted a walk-in shower. The installers were very nice. They were professional and did very good work. We like the final product and we're really happy with it. It's not just one of those things that you stick in there. It's a nice marble and it goes all the way to the ceiling. It has crown molding and everything. It really looks nice. Also, there's a bar for when we get older. We can hang onto it if we need to. There's a seat that's right into the wall too.

Hi Jim & Bev,

Thanks for your kind review and for choosing Independent Home! Have a super day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Independent Home's rep came out, spent the evening with us, and showed us all the literature. His name was Doug and we enjoyed our visit with him. He was a neat guy and very personable. We also liked the tub and decided to go with it. We had a little problem with the installation though. We were under the impression that there’d be more than one guy who'd come in to install the tub. Plus, there was a problem with it. But the guy was some worker and he did a good job. The installation just took him longer than he was expecting it to take him because of the problem with the little thing that works the stuff on the tub and he had to replace it.

He filled the tub up that day, but we tended to pick up a little sand in the water, so we haven’t tried to fill it up anymore. We have well water and we may have to go on city water before we can use the whole tub. We were told that we have to fill it above the little jets before we can turn the jets on. I called where the paper said to call if we had any questions, but we won’t use it until we find out for sure. We’ve just been taking showers in it right now, but it's a big help because we couldn’t get in our other tub at all.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for sharing your experience. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Doug. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We saw the need for a walk-in tub so we went ahead and got it. Independent Home's presentation was excellent, the installers were very nice and friendly, and the work was really good. I use a regular tub and I’m not well. Now I don’t have to step over the tub and then wonder if I’m gonna be able to get up after I sit down because it really takes a lot outta me to sit down in that tub and then have to strain to get out. The tub was not cheap, and I had thought later that maybe we should have checked around to see if there was a better price, but I'm very satisfied with the tub.

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your recommendation! We are glad the strains of bathing are over for you. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This company targets senior citizens that are unable to make rational decisions. I found a salesman in my grandmother's house trying to sell her a 10,000 dollar bathroom renovation. An ADA bathroom does not require marble onyx. You can easily find someone to do this at a more affordable price. Please red flag this company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The installers arrived on time. They were very professional and very clean. They took care of all my possessions and belongings. I think they did a wonderful job. I am very proud of the work and craftsmanship done. They did good.

Hi Bobby,

We are happy to hear that you are proud of the craftsmanship of your new walk-in shower. That makes us feel great! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Independent Home called me about their walk-in bathtub and my experience with them has been very good so far. The installation was also fabulous and the installers did an excellent job.

Hi Nancy,

We are glad to hear that the installation was fabulous and that you had a great experience. Thanks for your recommendation, have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

My wife is handicapped and her back was broken two times. The shower we had where we moved in was too small and you couldn't even bend down. Our sales rep from Independent Home was good. When he came in, he did measurements. We got the lowest model. We didn't get any of the sprays. We just got the one that just has a showerhead and everything else. That’s what we could afford right now. The sales rep said if there’s a problem, they’ll come in and that the installation would only take a couple of hours. He was right. The installers finished it and did a good job.

The installers were two gentlemen and they had driven a long time. They came in and took the other tub out of there. They were professional. They covered the floor with a tarp and made sure they didn't make any tracks on the floor. They also cleaned their mess as they left. We like our new walk-in tub. It's comfortable. I don't have to worry about standing in a shower. I’m 68 and my wife is gonna be 74 in February. We’re standing up and moving around in the shower like I used to be when we were young, but I feel safer inside of it. My wife is also more comfortable taking a shower or a bath in it. Our experience was satisfactory and I’d recommend Independent Home to a friend.

Independent Home Company Information