4.64/5
Based on 131 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 18, 2018

456 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 25, 2018

Independent Home's sales rep was great and gave me all the information I wanted. I was surprised with the price but that went with the territory. Their installation team had the tub in in one day and we had to wait a day because of the caulking to dry. Other than that, they were outstanding and I liked them. But the guy in Arizona and the salesman himself never called me back to check if the installation went okay. I was operation manager my whole career for mainframe computers and I've never done business that way. Also, I had a little trouble with the heater but it got fixed. So, right now, I'm doing real good and I'm happy with the tub. It takes about 35 gallons to fill the tub up and I wish it's a little bit faster. But it's because I'm a little impatient myself.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My husband saw Independent Home online and got a walk-in tub as we were sort of being proactive. We are getting older and we thought it would be a good thing to have. And for the hydrotherapy and aqua therapy, it is good for arthritis. We had Ed whom we consulted before we got the tub installed and he was wonderful and friendly. He was also very informative and he got us a good deal on it. He told us that if I get a prescription from the doctor, I don’t have to pay the sales tax because it would be a medical device. I have the prescription here, but I don’t really know what to do with it. I thought Ed was gonna come back to check on it. I’m just holding the prescription in the folder in case he needs it.

We got the Light tub which is 30x52 in color white. So far, I like it and it fits me perfectly. I’m short and it does a really good job on my back. Although, it doesn’t do too much for your lower legs. The installation took three hours. It was very fast and very good and the installers were careful. I use the walk-in tub more than my husband does. My husband has one of those huge jacuzzis in the other bathroom. You can't pull him away from that one. For me, I'm very happy with this. It’s very easy to operate and easy to clean.

There is one feature that the tub has which is the aromatherapy wherein you put little beads in. That is useless and I haven't smelled a thing when I put lavender beads in there. I like to take baths, so if someone likes to take baths, Independent tub is awesome. Some people just take showers and some of my neighbors were saying, “Oh, I can’t get in a bathtub. I only take showers.” It would be ideal for them, but a lot of people probably can’t afford it.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My house was built in 1967 and I had a tub with a shower. I was afraid to get back in it since I broke my ankle last June. Then, somebody came to my door about Independent Home's walk-in bathtubs. I hesitated because I didn't want to overextend myself since I'm retired. But they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. The salesman was really nice, explained everything to me about the tub, and didn't try to pressure me into buying something that was more than what I needed.

The installation team was also very good. They went above and beyond what was necessary. My bathroom door stuck a little, so they took it off then went and cut off a little bit of it at the bottom and fixed it for me, so it doesn't stick anymore. I have some loose tiles on the bathroom floor, too, and they fixed those for me. So, I was really impressed with them and the work they did. I was very pleased with my experience and I would highly recommend Independent Home to anyone who is considering getting a walk-in tub.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Several years ago, Safe Step came by here and had a big truck that contained one of these walk-in tubs. I thought it was a fine thing then but I could not get it at the time. One day, I called and asked the price of several tubs but they seemed a little high to me. Then one day, a man from Independent Home knocked on the door and said he was sent by the walk-in tubs. He came in and gave me such a lovely breakdown talk about what this was like and what it had.

He was so very thorough in what he said, so nice and pleasant, and obviously not trying just to sell me a piece of good. He gave me the best price I had seen and I made up my mind that I would save up my money and get one. The installation team was very good. They were nice and when they came in, I talked to them before they went up and showed them where my pipes went in the wall from a closet. They stood and listened to that and then I went downstairs while they put the tub in. They put it in in a short time and were neat in their job.

I have enjoyed the tub very much but there are some things I would like to change a little bit. In all the time I’ve had it, I have not been able to get water as deep as my knees. Even when I get in there, start bathing and sit down on the seat for a while after I'm through, the water doesn’t come above my knees. I suppose if I stayed there another hour, it might fill up. There is also a hose that blows the out and it's pretty cold air. I don’t know whether they’re supposed to blow water out too. But I had a very bad fall in my shower with another room and I had to stop using that shower in my bedroom. The walk-in tub has been easier to get in and out of. They have some hot water too. It’s very nice.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I heard about the walk-in bathtubs and Independent Home was the first call I got. They set up a date for them to come out and gave me a look at the tub. I appreciate that they called me where I got a chance to experience it myself. The purchasing process was very easy. I bought the tub because my wife can’t get in and out of the regular bathtub. I felt that this one and with the jets in the tub would help more than anything else. I like it and it’s very good. The only thing is that it takes so much water to fill the tub up. I had a very pleasant relationship with the installation team. They knew what they were doing and they did it very respectable. I like the way they conducted themselves. Everything is good and I would recommend Independent Home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: April 22, 2018

We had a phone call about walk-in bathtubs from the people that make it. Also, I had been looking at pictures of tubs and thinking about it. After the lady’s presentation, I told her I was ready to talk to her representative. So, Independent Home sent a nice young fellow here to talk to us about walk-in tubs. The rep and I had a great interaction! He did a follow-up after we installed the tub and he stayed here a couple of hours. We talked about all kinds of stuff and seemed like one of the family before he left. The tub I got has a 30 L air vent and a compressor. I fill it up with hot water and if I want a massage or hydrotherapy treatment, I push a little button on the side and the motor starts blowing air through everywhere. I really enjoy getting in the tub and it's like getting a massage all over.

My wife and I have impaired blood flow in our limbs and the tub seems to be helping me. It's supposed to help the circulation in older people in the capillary veins. In fact, I'm going tomorrow to have Doppler run on mine. The installation team who came out was a great crew. The first crew who came brought the wrong tub as it wouldn't go through any of the doors. So, they had to wait a week and had another tub made, especially made to go through our bathroom doors. The guys that installed it were really nice, neat, and they did a great job installing it. Also, they went over everything and how to operate it. They covered all fields. Independent Home is a great company and did what they said they would do.

Original review: April 21, 2018

The walk-in tubs of Independent Home have been advertised all over TV and we knew about them, but their reps called us when they were doing a survey of all the tubs. The installation of the tub we got from Independent Home was very good. The installers came and cleaned, and the the tub was good when they were done. My wife likes the tub. The only thing we didn’t like was that it was misrepresented a little bit because the reps who called us told us that the 40-gallon water heater would be plenty, but it wasn’t anywhere near that. Probably they don’t say that because if you knew you were gonna have to spend a lot more money putting a water heater in, then you probably wouldn’t buy the tub. We needed a bigger water heater and we ended up putting a direct, on-demand water heater in.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I liked the way the guy from Independent Home talked and they were less expensive than all of the others. I got the model that’s cream color and it has the air brush, the waves, and a shower. It's a small one and it fits right in where my tub was. The salesperson came out to the house and our communication was very good. He explained everything wonderfully and he was very courteous. They came out about 10:00 and they were gone by 12:00 with everything. They did a beautiful job and my bathroom looked all new.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had an ugly bathroom and my commode didn't work. My shower went in the walls out in my bedroom and something had to be done. My bathroom has been failing and it was beyond repair. So, I decided to get a walk-in shower from Independent Home. The people who put the shower in were very, very hardworking and very nice people. I would recommend to anybody. They came to me but my shower parts were sent to my house along with somebody else's shower parts. And the next day, the installer came and started working on my bathroom. And the two boys who worked with him were very hardworking. They knew what they were doing. I hope Independent hangs on to him so the next person can enjoy him.

I love my walk-in shower. I got the pink and it is beautiful. I am really glad I went with that pink. I'm so proud of my pretty bathroom, it’s beautiful today. I show it to everybody who's coming to my house. I say, "Don't touch, but you can look." I would tell a friend asking to go to Independent Home and I sure would. We have the worst water here that ever was and I was scared it was gonna make the shower ugly. But I'm gonna get in the shower one of these days.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My wife and I couldn't get into our old bathtub so we both needed something that has a small step. I liked the one Independent Home has so that was the one we got. The guys who came out to install the unit were very nice and polite. The one that they originally brought to install had a dent in it so they got a new one that didn't have a dent. Everything went together so well. I really enjoy the bathtub. I don't have to be a like a monkey and climb up over the top of the old one. Also, my wife is blind so I have to show her and help her in just so she gets to use the thing and so far it's been really wonderful. Independent Home was great.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought a shower from Independent Home and we're very happy with it. When the guy came to the house and talked to us, it seemed like a good thing to go with Independent. That guy was very good. The man who installed it was wonderful as well. I would recommend Independent Home.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We got a walk-in shower from Independent Home and had them take out an existing tub. We didn't want any glass and other companies want glass in so we ended up with Independent Home. Everything went nice when I dealt with the rep and they seemed to be upfront, except for the financing. The only thing I disliked about the whole outfit was signing me up for another credit card. I already had a credit card for that bank. It was a Sam's card but it was empty and could've used it instead of signing me up for 27% in the other credit card. They didn't tell me what they were doing and I just thought they were going to give us a loan through the company. I didn't know until this last couple of weeks ago. I just paid it off the first time I got the bill and saw the 27% on there. It was demeaning.

But the product seems to be good and the installer did a great job. He was professional and I could tell he did everything perfectly. I was afraid that there had been some leakage in the walls and might have a mildew problem but he showed me there was none. And we had to build another wall in there because the tub is way too big and deep and it was too much for my wife and me to step into anymore. I'm very satisfied with it overall.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We talked to Independent Home reps and we liked them. I also like the tub that we purchased. It's really nice but the flooring is really slick. On the other hand, the installation team was good. We couldn't ask for any better. We got the tub painted off but we haven't had anybody call us to say thank you or a note to say, "We appreciated your business.". Nonetheless, we have recommended them. Everything was good. They were really friendly and if they made a little mess, they cleaned it up and we appreciate it.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My grandson found Independent Home after looking it up, and they are cheaper. Their people who we dealt with were fine. I like the tub, and it's easy to get in and out. But I don't use the air in the back because it comes out cold.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I had to have some remodeling done at my home due to water accident that flooded my home and I had thought about a walk-in tub in the next three years. But since I had to have that remodeling done, I decided to deal with it at that time, instead of some time down the road. I got Independent Home's biggest model. It has the shower connection with it, air jet, and aromatherapy. It best fitted in my need.

The Independent Home salesperson who came out was very professional and helpful. The installation was very good. And the team was also very professional, friendly, cleaned up everything, and they did not leave a mess. I felt very comfortable with them being in my home. Since using my tub, my muscles don't hurt like they did. I feel more energetic. I would highly recommend Independent Home.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I couldn't get in and out of my regular bathtub. I thought a walk-in one would be a lot easier for me. I got a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home. The people who came were very nice. They got the installation done in a fast time. I enjoyed talking to them as well. They did a good job. Everything was cleaned up and it looked very nice when they left.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have trouble with walking. I had a jacuzzi tub, which I loved and I'm having problems getting out so I thought Independent Home would be good. I had heard people say that they were all right but I'm really disappointed in it. I like to lay down in a tub but I can't lay down in this one. I'm really unhappy with it. The salesperson was nice. But my mistake was I didn’t ask him any questions because I didn’t know anything about the product and I wasn’t familiar with it. The installation team was also nice. They put it in, although it was late at night so they couldn't cut it down and couldn't do anything. I would tell my friends that Independent Home is alright but I wouldn’t recommend the tub. I would tell them to come and use mine and see what they would think about it before they order it.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Independent Home called me on the telephone and seeing that it was an independent company, I thought it would be good and close-knit, compared to other retailers. I chose the model with the lowest price and the installation went real well. But they cracked my door going in with the tub. They had to take out the whole frame for the door and then it left my door frame damaged. Then they just left.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We've been looking at various advertisements and searching for tubs for quite a while. We also had looked at Independent Home a couple of years ago. After we contacted them, someone came and talked to us to give us a sales pitch. We liked the presentation and most of our questions were answered. We looked at the various options that were available and decided to buy their basic tub as it met our needs. Then once we were turned over to the installer, we didn't hear anymore from Independent Home which was interesting. It would be nice for them to get back to their customer, though.

The installer who was paid to put the tub was on the spot and did a good job. I'd recommend him. He also did installations for a lot of people in this area and when I looked for reviews online, I saw that he had good reviews from everybody whom he installed the tub for. The only issues we had were with the secondary people who did some tiling around the tub after it was installed. Still, we like the features of the tub.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We got a phone call from Independent Home asking if we were interested in getting a walk-in bath tub and we were kind of at that time. The price was also right and my wife really had a need for that so we went for it. When they delivered it, the first one that they brought was too big for our spot so they made a special one to fit our need. We’re very satisfied with our experience but I don’t believe there are many handles as I would like to see in there for my wife.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My husband is ill and I decided to get a walk-in bath tub. I researched and Independent Home's product was the most reasonable I felt for what I wanted. I got the one with the jets which the installation team, Joel and his son, put in. They were wonderful. But after I got my shower up and got the curtain on it, the screws they screwed it together with were silver looking while everything else was white. So I purchased a paint pan and I dotted them white. It has a whole, rich look to it and it changed everything. I also need to call Joel because when I pull off the shower head, it’s stuck and doesn’t pull all the way up. I need to read my booklet, too, because I haven’t done that and I need to see if there’s some way I could open the side up there and see how it’s stuck.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I went to search on Google and it happened to come up with American Standard and other companies, one of which was Independent Home. I reached out to them, left a message, and they called me back. When I talked to them on the phone, they were wonderful and I ended up buying the tub some time in December. But it hasn't been hooked up yet. I had a family thing to go to in South Carolina then the plumber I was using and his family got a flu, so I didn’t want him here because I didn’t want to get infected. So, those were the kinds of things that had been getting in my way. I also need to buy a part and I tried calling Independent Home but their 800 number doesn't work.

Original review: March 21, 2018

When I fell in the regular bathtub, we started looking up information on Independent Home as we wanted a walk-in tub. We already looked one up there in Lima, Ohio, and we liked what we saw and just bought it. The people at the dealership were nice, and we liked what they told us. Purchasing was pretty quick, and they did a good job with the installation, too. Those two guys were really nice. We are really satisfied. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Independent Home's sales rep came in the house and did business with us. I liked the way he talked and the way everything added up, so I was ready and I went with them. The bathtub I got was just a straight walk-in model. What the sales rep discussed was exactly the way it went down whenever they came out to put it in. Their installers were the best bunch of guys I have ever worked with, and I worked with a lot of people in my lifetime. They were courteous, they cleaned up after their mess, they did not leave one thing undone, they loaded all the trash up and hauled it off.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Independent Home is predominantly made in the United States. I didn't have to worry about some other country when having problems like parts having to be bought. They'd have to go out and send out parts and stuff like that. I thought I can be bamboozled just like anyone else. But the salesperson was honest and he didn't have the typical sales pitch and try to force us into something that we didn't think about and didn't want.

The biggest problem we had during the installation was that it took a day and a half because of the people that was sick and that can happen anytime. But the man who put it in when his helper was sick went ahead and did as much as he possibly could without having to wait for the guy the next day. So when the next day came they had it done in no time. So I was pleased with the installation.

The overall product is good. We bought it basically for my husband who has a hard time getting in and out of bathtubs and was having difficulty getting in and out of the shower comfortably without a fear of falling. There was a safety issue that was involved and it was taken care of and we were pleased. They are reliable for one thing and they are on top of their product. And when they say they will be here at a certain time and they're here.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Independent Home was giving good discounts if you are a veteran and they gave me an absolute lower price than anybody else in the market plus a lifetime warranty which was important. I took a chance since there wasn’t much of a difference in any of the companies that I spoke with on the quality of the product and I had no way of finding out through talking to other people who had had those tubs installed regardless of who installed them. The features are pretty much following a standard in the industry. I had about six manufacturers and they had people come into my home. There was not much difference in any of them and so, people should do as much homework as they can if there was an Independent source out there.

I'm 6'1", 300 pounds and some of the tubs that they offered when I started looking at the different sizes would be a little uncomfortable for me. The tub that I have is a Supreme series and larger but I didn't see the difference in the cost as far as the features were concerned. The salesman did a good job of selling them but they’re overpriced and you don’t get the benefit that they claim you do with a tub. This walk-in tub phenomenon is oversold.

The people who installed the tub came in and did it within a time period and they took care of everything. They were terrific and professional. It was outstanding and I had absolutely no complaints about the installation. But there has been no follow-up since then from Independent to ask if I was satisfied or not. I haven't had any contact other than when I called them with a couple of problems that I had and they told me they will send somebody out. Nobody ever showed up and they didn't even make a phone call. When the money is on a product, you're looking for a certain level of satisfaction and Independent has some good people and the installers were fantastic. But the fact that I haven't heard anything from them, it really detracts from my experience of the product.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Independent Home came out, talked to us about walk-in tubs and pointed out differences between their products and other tubs. Because my father who lives with us has trouble getting in and out of the tub, and I have medical issues where I was having a difficulty getting out of the tub, we got a sit-down tub from them. Purchasing the tub was a very good experience as they gave us a lot of information and let us make up our minds without pressuring us. They were pleasant and very easy to talk to as well. Also, the financing was easy to figure out. We could go ahead, take care of the financing, and get it set up easily. Then the installers who came were very good, professional and very knowledgeable about everything. They were also organized and did a really good job. The tub looks nice and my husband and I enjoy using it. We've talked to a couple of people about the tub and everybody who have seen it likes the way it looks.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I called Independent Home and a salesman came by the house. I got the walk-in tub and the installation took about eight hours. A man and his wife did the installation and I had an excellent experience with them. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My walk-in tub from Independent Home fits in where my other tub did. It has a low threshold and a small door to get in but I sit down and use it. I decided to get a walk-in tub from them due to the price, which was right. The dealer was helpful and the installation went well. It was loud and noisy, but they did it rather quickly. They came in one afternoon and then the next afternoon, they were through. Also, the quality of the tub is good. I had to do the reset with the pump and everything once, but it has worked okay.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The Independent Home walk-in tub was cheaper and it had a lifetime warranty on it compared to the other ones that had a limited warranty. It sits in there, it has jets in it and a shower. During my purchase, the reps came and they told me all about the tub. I decided I wanted it and within a week, the dealer sent somebody to put it in for me. The installation team was really friendly. They kept busy and went about their business. It took longer than two hours for them to put the tub in because I live in the trailer. You have problems when you have to put one in the trailer, but they went ahead with it. I really like the quality of the tub and I like the jets and the fragrance thing that's on the side. I told my friends about my walk-in tub and they liked it.

Independent Home Company Information