2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5

Independent Home manufactures and sells a variety of walk-in tub and shower models. Its product line includes soaker, whirlpool, wheelchair-accessible and bariatric walk-in tubs. The company offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. It requires an in-home consultation to determine the price of your walk-in tub.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
Independent Home Get Started

Independent Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: March 12, 2021

My wife couldn't get in and out of our Jacuzzi so it was useless. That was the reason we decided to get a walk-in tub. I went online and got a deluge of people wanting to sell one but Independent Home's price was right, so we ended up with them. Their walk-in tub works as advertised. But there's one button that I can't figure out. I called twice to ask for a written or online access to explain how to use some of the buttons. I got the salesperson and that salesperson said they'd pass it on to corporate. But I never got anybody to respond and I gave up. That tub costs 11,000 bucks. I expect somebody to get back to me pretty quickly. Other than that lack of response, everything else has been good.

Original review: March 11, 2021

The installation of the walk-in tub went good. I like it. It’s easy to get in and out of it.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Independent Home's pricing was better than anybody's and their service was as good as you can get. The installers did a great job on the installation. They did it in one day and everything was done to perfection. Also, they were very easy to work with and very responsive to any questions we have.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I built my house by myself, so I had a tub that was already in there. But my wife have MS and she didn't want to step up anymore into it. So, she just wanted one with a door that opens. I priced a few at Home Depot and Lowe's. And the Independent Home walk-in tubs were around five to six apiece. The installation and everything in the deal they got fit the budget, so I went ahead and purchased. The one that we got has lavender smells to it. The installation went really well and the quality of the work was great. But when the installer showed up, he completely redid the plumbing at no extra expense. That included digging out using a jackhammer to break up the concrete to run a return pipe for water and for air, just because they wanted to get the tub in. We went on vacation right after it and it had set. A little bit of the caulking came away from the wall but I can fix the caulking. That's not that big of a deal.

Original review: March 8, 2021

The men from Independent Home did a good job. The only problem I have with them is they didn't close everything up between the floor and the garage downstairs, and I'm getting cold air into the bathroom. I've talked to their guy up there three times and he's going to set up something but nothing ever gets set up to come in and finish closing that off.

I was told the rep would take care of anything, but it turns out he doesn't take care of anything at all. He installs the stuff and that’s it. I'm at the point where I was going to go find the salesman again and tell him to get his butt over here and look at it and decide what to do. What had happened, they’d taken some stuff out for the Jacuzzi and it left an opening on the floor. Their installation had some opening because it didn't quite fit where the holes were for the Jacuzzi, so we ended up with bigger and bigger holes back there. But the small ones didn’t get closed off. The area between the cabinet and their cabinet didn’t get closed off. Not a lot of work, but they promised to do it when they have a crew in this area. And so far, they haven't been lucky.

Original review: March 7, 2021

The installation of our Independent Home tub was perfect. They hauled the old one away and they did a real good job. My husband has Parkinson's. It's hard for him to get in and out of the tub. I like that I can step right in. It’s better on me even, having to help him not have to step over in a tub. But it's relaxing for both of us. We really like it.

Original review: March 6, 2021

The folks that I got the tub from called and scheduled an appointment to talk to me then I got a walk-in tub. The installers were great and I've enjoyed the whole tub. It's perfect for me and I don't have to worry about falling down, so it's working out well.

Original review: March 5, 2021

The tub is very good quality. It was simple to purchase it and the installers were good as well.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Independent Home has a fantastic product. I like it. I had two spinal surgeries and I needed a good soaking in the tub we had. We had a Jacuzzi tub, but it wasn't doing the job. Also, my wife has had double knee replacement, and it's difficult for her to step into the tub. To get out, I have to help her too. My mother-in-law was also visiting and couldn't get out of the tub. I decided then that we need to do something different. I got the top-of-the-line model and it came with every whistle and bell that I could think of. The young lady that put this tub in was fantastic as well. She deserves every accolade she could get. All I get is compliments on her work. It is gorgeous. I haven't had the chance to get in yet, but my wife loves it. She didn't want to get out. I had to make her get out.

Original review: March 3, 2021

The Independent Home tub gives my wife more freedom. Before, I had to help her out of the tub. Now, it's a lot better for her. She can get in and out of the tub herself and I don't have to be in there to pick her up after. That's the reason we bought it to start with. We're looking further down the line when we can both barely get around. She's 80 years old and I'm 81, so we're getting up there where we don't need be lifting each other. We like the tub. It's a good deal. The only thing I've got against it is I got to sit in it and get it filled up. It takes three times as much hot water as does a regular tub. We got a 40-gallon hot water heater and it doesn't make enough water for my wife and I to take a bath on the same day.

Independent Home Company Information