4.6/5 (59 ratings)

About Independent Home

Independent Home provides the highest-grade walk-in bathtubs on the market at the most affordable prices. We are a factory direct, family business that does everything under one roof. Our end-to-end business offers free consultations, product selection, installation, and service, all backed by a lifetime warranty. Purchase with confidence from Independent Home.

Pros

• Customizable models
    • Installation discounts
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Rain showerhead options

Cons

• Capacity may affect water heater
    • No online pricing

Bottom Line

Independent Home offers several walk-in bathtubs, including wheelchair-accessible options. The company offers many tub sizes, including bariatric models. Get an in-home consultation for a quote.

Independent Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: July 25, 2022

Bottom line don't buy this tub. Installation is so bad, leaks, not done correctly and no response from Independent Home only to tell me for 3 1/2 months they haven't forgotten me they are trying to schedule. They knew the problems before the installer left day it was put in.

Original review: July 17, 2022

We like our walk-in tub very well. I was the one that had a little experience with this. I had to take some major chemo a couple of years ago. I got very weak and I got in the bathtub a couple of times. I managed to get out on my own. I realized how easily I could get stuck in that tub and not be able to get out and that was very concerning. We've been telling our friends about our walk-in tub because we have another friend that lived a mile away who got stuck in the bathtub for eight hours overnight.

Original review: July 16, 2022

They were all very good at Independent Home. The man that came here was very nice. He did a presentation and showed us pictures. Also, the installers were very fast. They were done in a few hours.

Original review: July 14, 2022

A lady came out and she explained everything. Independent Home's policy was nice so I liked that. The installation was clean. The team was nice to talk to. I let the tub set for three days before I got in. Once I got in, I liked it. They're good on my knees. I’m satisfied. I already recommended Independent Home my sister but she said she gotta give a down payment first before she started anything.

Original review: July 13, 2022

The sales reps were good, and we’re happy about everything. The installers were also great. It was just two of them and I don't know how they got the tub up there, but it's in and it’s being used. I like the tub because I get in and it's very nice. I had four back operations, and using the tub helps my back. My husband had a back operation, too, and even my daughter had one as well.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I was looking around for bathtubs, and Independent Home came out before the pandemic. They're nice people, so far. We got the top of the line tub with everything, and purchasing it was easy. The installers were great too.

Original review: July 11, 2022

The installation team came in 8:30 in the morning and they were done by 3 o'clock. They did great, and I love the tub. It cost more than I thought it was going to, but it's doing what I want it to do, so everything’s good. The reps also told me, “If you have a 40-gallon water heater, it's not gonna be enough,” so I had to get a new water heater, which is coming Friday.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Independent Home was the first one that called me. Their sales reps were very good. Everything went well except the installation got delayed twice. The first time, it got delayed a week because they shipped the wrong tub. The second time, I don't know why it got delayed, but it took a few days. The installers were also very good and they did the installation pretty fast. I love my new tub except for the fact that I freeze while it's filling up. My husband says he wishes there was a heater in there to keep the water warm.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I was looking for a tub because of the situation that my husband and I are both in. Someone called me from Independent Home, and they came out and talked to me. We knew we needed it and the person that I talked to was not pushy. We've got the one with all the bells and whistles with chromotherapy and aromatherapy. As far as the installation, I got a call from the installers that they were on the way, and they should be here in about an hour. When they got here, they called me to let me know they were outside and they were setting up. They came in to look around to see the path that they have to go through into the house first, and then they went back down.

They unpacked the tub, and they were off. A couple of the guys were carrying things on the inside after they dropped it off and everything down. They brought me outside with the tub turned out there. I got into the tub outside the house and we looked through it. They showed me how to use it and asked me a couple of questions before he asked me if I was okay with it. I was like, “Yes,” and they proceeded to install it. They were finished in about seven hours. They did a really A1 job.

I love the features of the tub. It’s an awesome thing to have. It's made our lives a lot easier. My husband's a cancer patient. At the moment, he's been so weak and I couldn't get him out of the tub. Our new tub has made such a difference in our lives just to be able to get in it and relax. My husband loves it. I'm so in love with the jets. I have a lot of problems with my back, and now, I don't need as many pain pills. I get in here, turn on the jets in the tub, and I just don't need the pain pills because they've relaxed my muscles for me. It works. It makes such a big difference.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I love my new tub from Independent Home. I like the hot water and the soap feels so good. I was satisfied with my experience. Their people were very good, very polite, and they did good work. They didn't break any of my floor tile or the wall tile. They just cut out what they needed to and wrapped the cabinet in some kind of heavy paper so it wouldn't get scratched.

Original review: July 3, 2022

My bathtub from Independent Home has everything I wanted on it. It has the ozone and the air, and it clears out the water. I didn't want to be washing in someone else's water. I really like the jets. The Independent Home rep was a super nice guy, and his presentation was very good. He is a Christian and I felt like he was honest. The installation went very well. There were two older guys and they did real good.

Original review: July 2, 2022

The man that came out here to introduce me to the tub is a true godsend. He's a very polite man and I would do business with him again if it comes down to it. Also, the workers are very good. They got their business done and they were out. They took me in there and showed me how to work the tub. The tub is amazing. I'm able to sit down and do it all by myself, fill it up, make bubbles in it, and take the bubbles out of it. And it's made a whole lot of difference in my skin. Before, my skin would just peel off but now, I can go to my friend's house and not worry about leaving skin everywhere. My life has been impacted so much by this tub. The main thing is I can bathe myself. I can wash my own body off and I can sit there for as long as I want. I can get in and out all by myself.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The sales rep stayed out here for about five hours with me just talking. We laughed and talked and I loved him. Also, the installers did a tremendous job. This one guy who has been there the longest was the one that was doing all the talking and he was terrific.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I'm glad the rep wasn't a car salesman. He was very upfront with everything and he was able to home demonstrate the material that was gonna go in. And that was what showed up. The installers were quiet. They weren’t cussing and screaming and carrying on. I was able to expand the shower over the tub that we had. The walk-in shower is worth it but it's a little more to clean. I like that the knob stays hanging on the wall and the grab bars are still in place.

Hi Lloyd,

We are happy to hear you were pleased with the experience and your shower! Thank you for the positive feedback.

- The Independent Home Care Team

Original review: June 16, 2022

Independent Home did a fantastic job. I liked the company's reliability, lifetime warranty, and price. The customer service reps were great. They really handled everything very professionally. Everything was done really well. The only thing is we thought our hot water heater was big enough to keep the water hot enough but I can get it about three-quarters full, and then it starts turning into ice-cold water. So, I'm gonna have to get a bigger hot water heater. Other than that, I love the tub. The jets are wonderful.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I appreciate that I didn't have to start my payments right then. Independent Home gave me time to put away some money and save up. Greg the rep had all the information that we had talked about earlier and he knew exactly what I wanted. It made everything go smooth and fast. The installation crew was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. They were really professional and they didn't disturb me at all. The tub is different from my other one as far as the jets are concerned. They don't have the jets to where you can turn on different parts when you are sitting in the tub.

Also, I don't know the levels that are supposed to fill the tub in order for me to get the jets to go on my back. It has holes up there, but I don't feel it on my back at the top. So, I don't know if I need to mash the up button or mash the down button. Other than that, I'm enjoying it so far. It's the best decision I've made because I kept falling out from my other tub. Also, it's helping my arthritis as far as getting circulation going in my legs.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for the positive review! A member of our Care team is going to reach out to you to help with your questions about the jets.

- The Independent Home Care Team

Original review: June 13, 2022

Independent Home's sales rep was very cool because he casually mentioned that they had a finance program and I availed of that. But I knew I had the money to do it, so I didn't really bring it up when the guy came to set up the tub. I gave them 5,000 upfront, then I told them I was going to finance the rest of the other 6,000, and he got very upset by the fact that I didn't tell him that before he set the tub up. He was very unprofessional and and when he found out I didn't have $11,000 to give him right then, his whole attitude changed. He contacted somebody that was in his upline and the guy that I talked to ran a credit check while the guy was here. The credit check was approved and he told the installation guy to go ahead and complete the installation. But he was going to take it apart where I couldn't use it. So that guy needs to know a lot more about business.

Perhaps, in the future, Independent Home can screen the people and inform them of the whole program, because he wasn't sure that I was going to be able to pay for the tub. That was a very bad experience with me and my wife was wondering if we were going to get physical with the way the guy was talking to me. Other than that, the young lady that talked to me periodically who was monitoring me and setting up the time for everything was most helpful.

During the installation, they tore open the threshold plate when they were trying to get it inside the house since the tub was too large to get it inside the door. But they jerry-rigged it and put it back down. I'm glad they didn’t leave that completely broken up but I can still see some cracks. They also had to take the bathroom door off and now, I can see daylight between the frame of the door and the room itself. But that's something that I can live with and I'll get something to patch up the little daylight I see. Aside from that, I can see some spaces that were missing where the caulking line is on the front of the tub. When they put the tub in and they caulked that part to seal it, they did not do a very good job. I've seen much better than that.

But the tub works fine. I didn't know about the jets and I like that feature. The pressure from the jets is good and I'm really satisfied with that because they do what I need them to do. They massage, and aid your back, feet, and legs. But I’ll put some kind of shield over the jets on the seat. It's a little irritating because of the pressure coming out and that's a sensitive area where that pressure is making contact with, but that's what you want.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The Independent Home sales rep was very informative. The only thing was that he did not offer us any discount at all. I was a little bit concerned about that. So, we checked around other places and I called and they gave us a $500 discount on the outfit. When the representative comes in, he should be upfront about that. Our new walk-in shower is amazing. There were two fellas that came in to install. They came in around a little after 9:00 and they were done by 5:00. Everything was neat and they cleaned up. We used a dust rag to just pick up the little bit of dust there, but I did not have to use a sweeper. The workmanship was excellent. I was totally amazed. The product seems to be of good quality. We've had it since April. No water escapes at all when we're showering. The safety bars are in a good place. Everything's good.

Independent Home response

Thank you, Gloria! We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your shower and had a great installation experience. We do have a $500 referral program if you have other friends interested that end up purchasing with us.

- Independent Home

Original review: June 4, 2022

The people were very kind and understanding and we're happy with Independent Home. The only thing that was a problem was the installers didn't come early in the morning. They came after 10:00. But it was because they had to go all the way to Orlando and pick up the tub. So they started a little late, and they ended late in the evening. But they did the job and we were pleased with what they did. But we didn't get enough hot water to fill it up over the jets. So we had to wait for the hot water. We have to put in a new instant hot water to get more hot water to fill the tub. But we have no problem using the shower until that gets installed. We have the product to put up, but we're having a little issue having it connected so we would get enough hot water to cover the jets. But we're dealing with that.

The installers had to come back and put in the shower part on the wall. The only thing that I have a problem with is that it doesn't lock it up there to stay. It keeps on sliding down the pole. So we can't get the shower thing to be high enough if we're standing to take a shower. But overall, the tub is very good for my husband. When he gets in the tub, he can sit down on it and have a shower, or sit in the hot water. I don't worry about him standing in the shower and falling.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I liked what Independent Home presented. I was gonna get a walk-in bathtub earlier, but it’s too much money. I couldn't get one and I struck a good deal up with them, and I took it. I called them and they came out and we talked face to face. Their installers were very courteous and we talked quite a bit. That was a good conversation.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Our walk-in tub from Independent Home is working out well. I researched walk-ins for over a year and the price was outrageous. The companies ought to come in and give you a basic price for the top of the line and then start working it down with these promotions. Most of them do that except Independent Home. They didn’t because I told them that I had researched and I knew what I was getting.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I love everything about our tub from Independent Home. It's like having a hot tub but not having to deal with all the chemicals and stuff. I'm glad we got it. It's come in handy a lot.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The rep didn't push anything. They had a good deal and the tub came a lot faster than I expected. I'm completely satisfied. If something had to be changed, they changed it. The tub wasn't quite as long as the distance I had and they filled it in. So now I have a ledge and it's fantastic. The tub has been very nice so far.

Hi Margaret,

We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with Dave and a top notch installation. We hear from a lot of customers that we are typically able to save them a few thousand dollars over quotes they got from some of our competitors. Happy tubbing!

- Independent Home

Original review: May 27, 2022

My mom, who is 95 loves the walk-in tub. The reps were very nice and the installers were really good.

Hi Debi,

We are so happy to hear she is enjoying it! Thank you for your positive feedback.

- Independent Home

Original review: May 26, 2022

The salesman from Independent Home came by and demonstrated to me. He was very nice. I haven't been able to use the tub because I tried it one time and it turned cold when the water got to my knees. So, I had my grandson come and turn the heat up on the hot water heater because I wasn't gonna get another hot water heater. That was a new one. I haven't tried the bath part since then. I really prefer a shower, but the shower really doesn't have a lot of pressure and it really bothers me. Also, there's a dial in the middle of the tub and nobody will explain to me what it does. But other than that, I like it fine.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I believed the Independent Home sales guy that came out and made the visit and the lady that I spoke with about their tubs. They were honest and I felt good about using them to make the purchase. The installer came out in two days, did a great job, and cleaned up well. So, everything's fine. I got the tub for my wife. She likes it. The quality has been fine.

Hi Larry,

We are thrilled to hear that your wife is enjoying the tub and had a great installation. Our product technicians are the best in the business, and as you probably saw, we can typically save folks a few thousand dollars over competitors with a superior tub. Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

- Independent Home

Original review: May 11, 2022

The main reason I bought this tub in 6-19 was because of reviews by Consumer Affairs and their promotion of Independent Home tubs 'because' of life-time warranty of parts and labor. Little did I know this was only as good as the paper it was written on. First of all, it says 'Lifetime Warranty' online and through C.A. BUT, when you receive your instructions and p/w with tub it states only one year! I verified this w/ Alan, VP of company who brushed off and claimed his secretary made a mistake w/ p/w. (1st Flag!)

When I had it installed, there were no demos so took word of installer to anticipate size of tub when purchasing since we met in person, and he could see that I was 6' even and 250 lbs. As the 2 men installed tub the salesman/installer Joel mentioned to me it was exact same tub that he owned. He was at the least 6" smaller and under 100 lbs. lighter. When I attempted to get in I could not even close the door. They had to replace tub w/ a bigger unit or I refused purchase. What good is something if you cannot use properly? AND, their tubs are on the higher end of cost. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Joel then tried throwing all these negative facts at me as scare tactics, like I will need another hot water tank, I will use excess water, etc. ALL these facts proved untrue. Turns out he did not want to take off door frame in room to get tub through. (2nd Flag!)

About one year later, sprayer goes and fails completely (late 2020). I call Alan VP who sends me a sprayer. Postage date still on box. Then in mid 2021 one of the auto drains of 2 shut down completely. I call Alan, he sends part out. No problem getting the parts- they have nobody to install the parts! A regular plumber does not want this liability because of design, so you are at the mercy of this company who literally has nobody to do this work! Which is HALF of this very warranty! It is now mid 2022, I still have parts, and have been told by entire staff 'someone' will contact me by phone or e-mail to no avail. As God is my witness, I have contacted this company through its New Jersey listing, its Cleveland showroom (calls just get sent to NJ) at the very least about 20-25 times. How else would I know of Kim (Pres), Alan (VP), Rachelle (Secretary), and Bryson.

When doing the research for the walk-in tub of your choice find out who will be maintaining the tub, and how long it would take. I would ask for some kind of time constraint on paper before even purchasing. I was initially told by installer/salesman/contractor that he would be doing any maintenance necessary being that he only lived 30 minutes out. Never once answers phone, never once replies to e-mails. Completely ghosted.

Hi Dennis,

We can assure you, the lifetime warranty is for life! As you probably remember, we've sent out multiple technicians multiple times to try to assist (Jerry, Mike and Joel, so far), and you have turned them away. If you have decided that you would actually allow for someone to help resolve your issues, please get in touch.

- Independent Home

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

We have recently had an independent tub put in our home. While the tub looks great we have not been able to enjoy the benefits of it. When we purchased it and had it installed, everyone from the salesperson to the installers told us that our 50 gallon water heater would be adequate and should have no problem filling the tub. It is not! While we can fill the tub about halfway with bath temperature water it will turn cold once you get the water to the seat. Now we are going to have to spend about $3,000.00 to upgrade our water heater to one that will actually fill the tub. Then we can actually enjoy the tub with all of its benefits.

The second complaint we have is about the damage done during installation. While the guys that installed our tub did a great job and were very friendly and professional they did create a couple issues that we did not see before they left. One is a cracked floor tile and the other a cracked door frame. They had to remove the door and frame completely and either during the removal or install the damage was done. Even though we had some issues we still recommend this company just don't let them tell you that a 50 gallon water heater is big enough to fill the tube with sufficiently warm water.

Kennie and Patricia

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Independent Home sent one of the representatives out and I spoke with him. He answered all of our questions pretty much. I did some more looking around. I finally ended up with him, and I've been very happy since. Three men came out for the installation, and they've got that thing down to a science. Everything was perfect. They did a great job. As far as the tub, quality is good. The features were everything we talked about. It's working very well for my needs. The whole transaction was handled very well and I'm very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I couldn't use the water tap faucet outside in the back. I contacted Independent Home and they said they would look into it. That was about two weeks ago. Other than that, the installation was great and the guys were super. I have the tub for about a month now and the quality seems to be good. The water pressure is not very good, but it's not bad. And it's easy to get in and out of.

Independent Home Company Information