Call toll free
4.71/5
Based on 169 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

510 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 24, 2018

We needed a walk in shower for my mother in law who lives in queens the whole experience was fabulous and very professional. The owner Ari was always in contact with us and the installer was great the final product exceeded our expectation.

Independent Home response

Hi Sherri, Thanks for the note and kind words. Have a great day!

Original review: June 24, 2018

My husband and I needed a walk-in bath tub since we were older people and also, I’m crippled. The man from Independent Home called us and asked if he could come and talk to us. One time, somebody from another company came and talked to us but they wanted so much more so my husband told them no and that it cost more than the house. We got a walk-in shower from Independent and it’s nice. It's got a seat in it where we can sit down. I can stand, but I do have the seat if I need it and it's got a handheld thing we use for the feet. It also has a real shower overhead. The installers were polite and cleaned up really good. We enjoy the walk-in shower and I'd recommend Independent Home to anybody who wants it.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I've checked walk-in bathtubs for quite some time and when I spoke to Independent Home's salesperson and told him about the very small area where I'm gonna put it, he said that they've got one that will take care of it and asked if I could let him come over, look it over, measure and see exactly. I said yes and so I got a tub that fit in perfectly. A nice young couple of guys came, did their work and cleaned all up. They were wonderful, very nice, and very polite. So far, the overall quality of the bathtub has been good and I would recommend Independent Home.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We called Independent Home and the salesman came by. However, I had a little problem as it appeared that everybody in the world would get the same discount they offered so it was nothing special. Nevertheless, the walk-in tub seemed to be a good product and though we didn't do as much research as we might have, we found out it was within the range of the prices. Even though the price bothered me some, the purchasing experience was okay. I gave them my credit card number, they checked it and it was valid. Then I paid for the tub. The installers were efficient, interesting and of good humor. They let me watch and they did a great job. They also put in a water heater and a garbage disposal for me, which I requested initially. Later on, they installed a water heater. Everything has been working fine since. Still, I'd tell friends to do more research than we did.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I can't fully describe the satisfaction I feel with my purchase of the Hydrotherapy Spa by Independent Home. The sales representative was very knowledgeable about every aspect of the system and kindly answered all of my many questions. As a microbiologist for over 40 years, I feel reassured about the in-use Double Ozone Purification System, as well as the post-use Self-Purging Cleaning System. This is not an ordinary walk in tub, but a Hydrotherapy System, and IS MADE IN AMERICA! Additionally, the Life Time Warranty on Workmanship AND the Motor eases my mind, giving me one less thing to worry about.

The superb installation team of John and his son John Paul were professional, and very nice. They made every effort to lessen the impact of the construction project, and took very good care of my house. They had to perform an extra step of pouring a six inch slab of concrete since my old tub had been sunken, and still finished the work on time beautifully. Both of them were kind and considerate, and fun to talk to.

I purchased the Hydrotherapy Spa because I have Arthritis in every joint. My Rheumatologist told me this treatment will give me a lot of relief from pain and the number of down days. I still work full time in the medical field, spend as much time in my huge gardens as I can, take care of my house, and spend time with my family. But anyone with Arthritis understands how difficult this can be at times. I have been showering for several years, anxious about bathing in my sunken Whirlpool tub. I had several falls in my home and garden and knew the potential consequences if I fell in the tub, especially if it were full. I am so grateful I was given the opportunity to be informed of such a wonderful product that will dramatically improve my quality of life. Thank you so very much Independent Home and Staff!

Independent Home response

Hi Donna! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. We appreciate your kind words and are proud to have worked with you on this project.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: June 15, 2018

The lady from Independent Home who came here was very pleasant. She explained everything, and since we had talked about getting a bathtub all year, we decided to go ahead and do it. We really like the model that we got. Purchasing it was fairly easy, and the installers were very good and very polite.

Independent Home response

Hi Mary - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Independent Home. We are happy to hear it! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: June 11, 2018

I didn’t like the way Independent Home's salesperson sold the tub to me. A lot of things he said is not practical. I told him I wanted it installed inside the bathroom shower and he said, “That’s no problem. We can do it. We can change the roof and you can do all these things.” He was sugarcoating a lot of things. The person who came to do the work said it was impossible to do it that way. So then they had to change it.

The salesperson thought because I’m an older person, he could oversell me. The installer came from a different state. But that’s not what the salesman told me. He told me the person is local. And if I have any problems or anything, I can tell them and they can come and fix it. Now the installer is in North Carolina so that was also another gimmick that the salesman used. The first time when he did all this, I said, “You are a good salesman.” But now I feel like he’s not a good salesman. He was only looking for himself.

I had a Jacuzzi and we had to take the Jacuzzi out and put the one I have from Independent Home. Now I wish I hadn’t done that. I feel like I wasted my $14000 -- closer to $15000. He cheated me with all the increased price and he said that we had to remove two doors in order to get the tub in. And finally there was only one door removed. They took $250 out of that one, because the door costs that much. I really like it. So I have to pay whatever they asked. But what they charged was not necessary. And finally I had to pay $4000.

Also with what I have now I need to get inside before I start the water. With the Jacuzzi I can fill the water and then get inside it. So it was a big mistake I made, changing my Jacuzzi. I said I might get some help for my pain and aching of my leg. But no, that’s just the same gimmick. The Independent Home tub has almost the same effect I was getting from the Jacuzzi. I don’t recommend Independent Home to anybody. So if you have a Jacuzzi, don’t take it out. Use that one. This is worse than Jacuzzi and I'm very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My husband died a couple of years ago and I needed to redo his bedroom, the hospital bed, his bath and all kinds of stuff. A good Independent Home salesman came to the front door and I said, “Come tell me what you can do as far as this bath tub is concerned” because I moved upstairs right above my husband’s room all the while he was sick. I said I need some sort of impetus to get me down to the first floor again and stay in the bedroom where he died. They showed me all they could do including take out that old bath tub and all the surrounding things. And I wanted a seat in there to sit down because I’m in my 80’s. I needed to sit down to wash my feet instead of trying to balance myself. I got the one where I have a seat in one corner that drains at the back. They enlarged the drain and put in a real fancy one as far as being able to sit there and handle the hot water, whether standing up shower or sitting down shower.

The installation team was very polite. They were thorough as far as telling me when they were gonna be back and what they were gonna be doing. They cleaned up all the stuff to break up a tub, plus the walls and the ceiling. They did a super job. They went even to the point of hanging the curtain and telling why they were putting a cloth curtain there. They said because the rubber ones seem to go and touch and hold against you, and they shed the water. And even in putting the tub in, they asked then if they could send people to look at it so I already have all my neighbors to come and look.

Independent Home response

Thanks for your recommendation Shirley!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: June 9, 2018

Usually I don’t like salesmen but David from Independent Home is so driven. I’m always trying to get people involved on another side of an argument but that doesn’t work with David. The Independent Home walk-in tub gives me the independence that I cherish. I really praise the girl that’s been giving me a bath. But I’d still like to take a bath by myself. And I like to shave and brush my teeth while I’m in my bath. They’re the only things I can do by myself now. The installation team came in the morning and they left in the evening and it was done. They were quick as it can be and they worked hard. The tub is very comfortable. The seat was hard and I have a tender posterior. My housekeeper went down and got a waterproof cushion and it really was nice. So that worked out good.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Independent Home was the first one to come along and they came and put the bathtub in. Buying it was good and it all went on schedule.

Independent Home response

Paul, Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Tubs!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: June 7, 2018

I've had my Independent Home walk-in tub for three weeks now. I enjoy it and it's fine except it has a blower on the back that when you're sitting in there and you turn the bubbles on, the blower blows cold air on your back. And I don't like that. But the salesman and the man that came and put it in were both wonderful. They were very helpful and assured me that if something was missing or arise, they would fix it. Independent Home seems to be a reputable company.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My experience with Independent Home was wonderful. I love it. I'm 76 and I live by myself, so it's just perfect for me. I wouldn't trade it off for anything. It was very expensive, and it was something I had to consider about buying because of the expense, but they did give me quite a bit of discount. They gave me a medical discount also, which was $2,000 off of it 'cause of my medical problems. Then they gave me other discounts that were available for me, and I used them too. They worked with me and they made it so that I could afford it. They started $23,000 and it moved down to quite a bit less than that. If people can afford it, they need to drop that money into that tub. They need to get one 'cause they don’t realize how safe they are.

The sales rep was wonderful as well. He was here for a long time 'cause we got involved in other situations and we also talked about other things besides the tub. The installation crew was great, too. They asked if there was anything they could do and help me with in the house 'cause I had just moved in more than a year ago and I was still unpacking, and then I had things that I couldn’t do. They helped me move my stuff out on the driveway and then they put it back up for me. They also took me to Lowe’s 'cause I didn’t have a car. They made themselves feel like family.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I've enjoyed my Independent Home tub quite well. The installers did an excellent job. My only problem is it's a little pricey. I got a friend, got the same thing for $4,000 less. I also don’t like the way they do their financing. I received a credit card, but it's not a credit card. It's only good for Independent Home and my payments are based off of that. And I don’t like that. They should've just set up an account and sent me a bill. But Independent Home seems to do what they say they’ll do.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was interested in a walk-in tub and there were several of them out there. I got to talk with this guy and he came out here and I liked what I heard. The process went really good. They were really polite and courteous in the service and then the ones who put it in were super good people. They cleaned up after that and took everything out like they were supposed to. The product was a little high, but I'm perfectly satisfied with their service. Independent Home seems like a good company.

Independent Home response

Thank you for sharing your experience Lee! We work hard to provide the best customer service and quality Walk-In Tub solutions.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: June 3, 2018

I got the top-end model of Independent Home walk-in tub and everything's come out excellent. The salesman really knew what he was talking about. The installation team knew what they were doing and everything was done perfectly. They left the house in great shape. The walk-in tub is great. I use it just about every day.

Independent Home response

Thank you for the nice review Michael! Glad to hear the Walk-In Tub is working well for you!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: June 2, 2018

Independent Home had a man come by then I decided to take what he was offering. Buying the bathtub was not a problem and the installation team was very good.

Independent Home response

Hi William, Thank you for the nice review. Glad to hear the Walk-In Tub is working well for you!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: June 1, 2018

All of the other tubs that I looked at had an abundance of features. One unit even took a high electricity because it had two motors and all that cost money on features that I just didn’t need. Independent Home's tub had just the basic features and that was all I needed. I also chose them for the price and the company was very good when we made the purchase. We walked into the showroom and looked at the hertz. It was great. They explained everything and the service has been fantastic.

Then a man came out and told me what they were going to do for the installation. They did just that. They put it in proper and looked around for all the little details. The space was utilized properly and they did really great. One of the brass fittings malfunctioned three days after they installed it and it leaked water. I’m in a tri-level home and the tub was in the top level on it. It leaked through the ceiling, down into the bottom bathroom and did a lot of damage there. I called them up and they came out that very afternoon and took care of it. They tore all the ceiling out, found the part that was malfunctioning and replaced it. It took a week to dry it out so that no mold would get in there. Then they came back, put the new ceiling in and painted. The workmen were marvelous. Independent Home stood by what they sold me and I really appreciated it. That shows me that I made the right choice.

Independent Home response

Hi Luis! Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Tubs!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 31, 2018

I love the walk-in tub. It's everything that Independent Home said it was. I got the celebrity model because it had all the features that I needed to relieve the soreness in the back of my spine. It was doctor ordered. It has been a god sent for me. I used to have one of those whirlpool thing that you put over the side of the tub and it didn’t work half as good as this one. Walk-in tub is definitely a very therapeutic for me. But I have to get a larger water tank because I only have a 40-gallon and it doesn’t quite fill up the walk-in tub. But other than that, it works fine and it’s beautiful.

The sales agent was quite informative. He answered all my questions when I had them, and he didn’t try to side track me on anything. I was quite satisfied, and when the guys came in to put the tub in, they were professional and polite. At first I thought it was gonna be a big mess but they cleaned up after themselves and everything was handled very professionally. I would recommend Independent Home to anybody I know of that wants a walk-in tub.

Independent Home response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Independent Home. We are happy to hear it! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have really bad arthritis and I've been wanting a walk-in tub for a long time. The Independent Home people who talked with us was very nice and polite. My husband said the installers cleaned it all up through and the bathroom was clean when I got home. They were really efficient and they did their work professionally. It was really nice.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 28, 2018

Purchasing the walk-in tub from Independent Home was easy and the installation team was nice. They didn’t get here until right at lunchtime so they had to come two days. It took them about nine hours. Walk-in tubs are expensive and I figured the other companies were too expensive. But anybody over the age of 70 should have one or try to get one. I feel more secure when I go to take a bath now, which was the reason why I bought it.

Independent Home response

Thank you for the nice review Marie. Glad to hear the Walk-In Tub is working well for you!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have been hearing about Independent Home for years. I had been in touch with others and was not satisfied with the results I got. When the gentleman called and asked if someone could come out and talk to me, I thought that it would not cost me anything to talk. The guy who came out was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful. I got the one that you could step into the tub and was more appropriate for my bathtub area and also my age.

The installation of the tub went very well. They had to do a lot of sawing and whatnot to make it fit in the area that I had. It was not just a regular bathtub area. It had a half-wall on the forth side, so that created a bit of a problem for them. They had to do some fitting around the place that had a little window open at the top. But they constructed the parts for it just right. They also had to take the bathroom door off and it created a lot of dust. I did not think to close my bedroom door which was a foul up on my part. I have bamboo floors as well and you can’t use water on them, so I just asked them to leave and let me clean them. Nevertheless, I was very satisfied, and I would recommend them.

Independent Home response

Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Tubs!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 26, 2018

I needed a shower because I fell in the bath tub and I couldn’t get out. They had to come with 911 and get me out. So we had to get rid of the bathroom and then redo it. My wife saw Independent Home in the ad but it was Harry, the rep I dealt with, who made me decide on them. I was really pleased with him. He’s a very nice man and knows what he was talking about. He also didn’t play any games where other companies might have. I had no problem at all and during installation, you couldn’t have asked for a nicer man. He not only did the job properly but every night, before he went home, he cleaned the whole place.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 25, 2018

My wife told me she wanted an Independent Home walk-in bathtub and it was okay with me. We selected the tub model because my wife doesn’t want to see me fall on my head and I like it very well. The man and his young son who went to our home were very nice and amenable people. The installer did their job and the installation was very clean. But the guys doing the finishing work should learn to do trim carpentry. I’m a finish carpenter and I would’ve done it differently to hide the joints. Other than that, Independent Home is great and I highly recommend them.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Independent Home called up and asked if they could show us their products. The agent who came to our house was very good. She showed the different ideas and why we should have a bathtub. We chose a walk-in bathtub because if we needed anything, we have to have something with support so that when we step in, we won't slip. The installation was excellent too. The guys went right to work and see if they got it worked. Overall, Independent Home did a very good job.

Independent Home response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We work hard to provide the best customer service and quality Walk-In Tub solutions.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have been looking online for different types of bathrooms and someone called from Independent Home and set up an appointment. He came somewhere from Texas over to meet with us. We saw the product and it was very good material that they were going to use so we decided to go with them. The salesman was very nice. He knew about his product and suggested different things. We had to narrow everything down to what we wanted since there were many ways that it could have been done.

I decided against a walk-in bathtub. We would have to wait for the door to be open and sit there and wait for the water to fill then wait two minutes for it to drain which was not gonna work for us so we did the shower that was only about 1-1/2-inch step-in. Also, we installed a tall toilet and then a bench with several grab bars.

The people who came and did the installation did excellent work. Everything came in and they installed the shower in one day. They repositioned the showerhead to where the water could be turned on and off by someone sitting on the bench. And then, a hand-held showerhead that some part of it could be taken apart and then used just as a hand-held. It could also be put back up at the top and it could come out from the front up to the top of the shower. I would recommend Independent Home. I would tell others that it's a very good product and that they will stand behind their product.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We needed a walk-in tub for my wife and my neighbor recommended Independent Home. She couldn't get in and out of that old bathtub we have. We have a shower in the garage and it wasn't convenient for her to go out in the garage all the time and take a shower so I decided it's time to get her a walk-in tub and replace that old bathtub that we had. The sales rep was very cooperative. The price was a little higher than I thought, but we needed it. I'm with USAA and I have my credit card with them and all my insurance. He was very familiar with USAA and explained it clearly on the phone so, when we picked this one it's charged on my credit card. That's unusual and he was helpful on that. His knowledge of the product seems to be quite well and he understood it. He also told me a lot of the stuff that I didn't know about, all the competitors and what have you.

The installation went very well. The installer and his son did it in a day. They got here early and they stayed late but got it all wrapped up. They were very efficient and cleaned up. He showed me how to use the walk-in tub and I was very pleased with them. In fact, my neighbor told me if we do business with them to make sure to have him to come because he's excellent. My wife likes the walk-in bathtub because it's a lot better than that shower. I'm very pleased with Independent Home and I'd tell friends to call them.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 16, 2018

If you want a walk-in tub, Independent Home will give what you ask for. We got something like a mini sit-down hot tub. It had the size and the features that we wanted. The salesman, who was like an oversized Mr. Clean was great. We liked his personality and the way he explained things. He was professional, and he was also cheerful. Meanwhile, the team they sent out was fantastic. They were fast and courteous and they explained everything they did. They were very communicative and good at their job.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 15, 2018

I called Independent Home and they were interested coming to my place as I live out in the country. The dealer came out, measured and talked to me about cost and any other problems I might have with our water system. He did a good job. I selected a walk-in tub for its size. It would fit my bathroom. The installation went well. It was fast and the installers cleaned up after themselves too. They were very polite as well. I’m very satisfied with my experience with Independent Home. I enjoy the tub and I feel safe when I get in the shower. Independent Home was the best for my circumstance.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: May 13, 2018

The salesman from Independent Home was the first of many that showed up. He was a fast-talker salesman like most of them but he made me a better deal than anybody else. Like any salesman, he wouldn’t take no for an answer and that he’d give me the best deal but it was costly. American Standard came two days later and they had a much better tub but it was $4000 or $5000 more money. The Independent salesman only showed me one model of the tub which was the one I got. A couple of guys came and worked all day and installed the tub. They made a mess and cleaned up 90% of it but they didn’t get all the dust. They were focused on their job. But I would tell a friend asking that Independent Home is not the highest quality one.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I spoke to 3 companies before choosing Independent Home. I am so glad I found them. As the manufacturer they are able to offer a much lower price and faster install. They also offer lifetime warranty on products AND labor. A big relief not to worry about who to call or what a repair will cost. Walk in tub and higher toilet will be installed this week. Can't wait.

Independent Home response

Thank you for your recommendation of Independent Home Walk-In Tubs!

Independent Home Company Information

2002
independenthome.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business