Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 26, 2021

My washer died on me today. It really need the rest. Average of 8 loads per week for 32 years with next to no problems. I also ordered my new Speedqueen today, because no other machine will cut it in my household. Easy to use and trustworthy. Best buy ever!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Purchased the 30 inch Cosmo oven easy to install and very nice. The cost was our decision to purchase the double wall oven. Home Depot was very easy to work with in this day and time double wall ovens are not in store we ordered sight unseen. The order was filled in three weeks expected in this covid time. You will need to purchase a male plug and install very easy task to complete. Doors are easy to remove which we like for easy cleaning. Would I purchase from Home Depot and another Cosmo Appliance yes because it is American made!

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Purchased in store $6800 worth of new appliances (whole house including Laundry). When purchasing, I told sales associate I didn't need for a few months as we were building a new house. "NOT A PROBLEM" he said. I called the store and got no answer in delivery 3 times prior to "their delivery date." Left a message with customer service as to new delivery date I needed. Delivery calls me and says "they have a delivery policy of 60 days after purchase" NEVER TOLD THAT!!! I told deliver The date I needed.. THEY SAID WE CANNOT GO PAST 60 DAYS!!! NEVER TOLD THAT. TOLD THEM JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND I WILL SHOP ELSEWHERE!! HE said "not a problem" your cc will be credited within 3 days! It is taking them more time and energy to send appliances back to each distributor and refund my money than just postponing delivery date. NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT!!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

My refrigerator purchased at Home Depot was delivered 8 days ago. After 6+ phone calls, they have no idea how to get a plumber to my house so I can plug in my refrigerator, although they PROMISED to do it. I had made an appointment to pay for my own plumber, but Home Depot said they offer this service free which would only take 24-48 hours. Then they promised it would be 72 hours. Then they promised Tuesday at the latest. Today is Friday. They told me that after the plumber put in a valve, Home Depot was to return to put it in my kitchen. After hours on hold, they've given me many promises but the fridge is still in my dining room. They even gave me a phone number to call which had been disconnected.

Original review: July 25, 2021

The fridge works ok, the delivery men broke a window and the company that works as a 3rd party vendor (GE, Forward Final Mile) is trying really hard to not pay the claim. Believing the delivery men over my account. Because I would lie about a broken window. Never again will I order from Home Depot for delivery.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I had ordered a dishwasher 3 weeks ago and had it scheduled to be delivered today between 7:00-11:00, took the day off and had an electrician scheduled to arrive this afternoon to install it. At 2:30 I got a voicemail letting me know they rescheduled the delivery for 10 days later. Unreal! Now I am trying to call their 1-800 number and needless to say it is impossible to get hold of anyone. I will NEVER order an appliance from Home Depot again. Horrible customer service.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I placed an order for Washer/Dryer and selected the date 07/15 for delivery. On 07/15 morning I was told that the delivery driver's wife went into labor and the delivery cannot be made. They rescheduled the delivery for 07/19 between 1-4 PM. On 07/19 at 6 PM I get a message that the delivery truck came and waited outside for 15 mins and left. They did not ring the bell nor did they knock on the door, not sure what they were expecting? Me to be standing on the driveway? I call them back and they said once the truck comes back to the depot, they will call and reschedule and also send an email. Neither of that happened.

I called again the next day, same thing no response, after several calls, they said the earliest they can deliver the appliance is 08/10. What does Home Depot think? Was this a purchase I made for fun? they can give any date in the future and I need to comply? I have learned my lesson, I am providing this review for anyone who is considering purchase from Home Depot. I have not yet received my appliance.

Original review: July 11, 2021

My husband and I purchased a refrigerator from Home Depot in the first week of June. Believe it or not-----STILL NO REFRIGERATOR! We were told that the truck broke down the first time. Then we were told that they were confused about the July 4th holiday and did not deliver as promised on July 5th. Then there is today. It is 10:35 pm. No delivery. We are sick of the excuses, sick of the lies, and sick of utterly pathetic customer service. If you do not care enough about your customers to fix this problem, you will go out of business. I intend to tell everyone I know to avoid the headache of being without an appliance for such a long time. This is horrible service Home Depot... and it may be the third party vendor's fault, but it is your name on the receipt of purchase. This is unacceptable. "The truck broke down". Then buy a better truck. How about that for a solution.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Home Depot is really bad with their appliance delivery, ordered my washer and dryer in June. They gave me date of delivery July 1st and someone called me and said truck broke down so they have to reschedule to July 10 and again I received a call saying truck has some issue and cannot make it. I would never buy appliances from Home Depot again, it was my biggest mistake.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Waited 2 weeks for install, said truck broke down, couldn’t come. Second install date attempt said valve broken, not done. Said they would send complex team with plumber to fix and install. Third install attempt they said they couldn’t, need plumber, not done. I had plumber fix it. Fourth attempt to install, one of the pedestals did not have all the hardware in the box, not done. After almost 5 weeks, and multiple calls & visits to Home Depot, still don’t have items installed. They keep saying they are working on it. Was even escalated, but no one helps you. I’ve asked for my money back to shop somewhere else, no response. Imagine going without clean clothes and linens this long.

Original review: July 2, 2021

This has been on order since May, last tow delivery dates were missed due to damage at the dock. 3 months and still no dryer! The 1st attempt - they did not see the order for installation and took dryer back, 2nd attempt - day off they called and said it was damaged, 3rd attempt someone showed up with the installation parts but not the dryer. I called the 800 number yesterday and the lady stated she sees in the notes this one was also damaged and their departments are not communicating with each other. She said call back tomorrow since she is not able to call me and she is there to answer the phones, but no one can assist with the issue and to call back! Now I am on hold for 15min with no resolution.

Original review: June 26, 2021

BEWARE - Messed up ordering system and no management or responsibility by staff in the store, I went into the Gosforth Bakersfield store looked at and bought a Refrigerator and paid for delivery .... After a few days when there was no call to arrange delivery, I called the store ..THIS IS WHERE THE HOME DEPOT DELIVERY CIRCUS BEGAN! No one at the store or at the various tel numbers could put me in touch with the delivery people, apparently this is a separate "contracted" service.... then they cancelled my order, even though they had charged my bank ... So if you buy anything large from these very disorganised people < don't pay upfront for it >>> only pay if you are taking it with you .... And don't expect any help from HD because they don't care about you!

Home Depot author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

Home Depot Appliances Company Information