Home Depot Appliances

Home Depot Appliances

Last updated: April 20, 2018

739 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 20, 2018

One of the worst experience I have ever had. This review is for the product delivery/installation process for a dishwasher and microwave. I waited over 2 hours past the 4-hour delivery window, before I gave up and call it quits. The delivery/install folks was suppose to show up between 10 AM to 2 PM. I called around 1 PM just to make sure everything was on track, the customer service lady said, "Yes you are delivery #8 and they are currently on delivery #7." I called again at 2 PM, the same story. I kept hearing, "Oh they should be there in 15 min" every time I call to find out what was going on. Eventually I gave up at 4 PM. And by 5:30 PM I still had no idea what happened (3 1/2 hour past the 4-hour window). I eventually got a call at almost 6 PM, saying something went wrong, we can reschedule for tomorrow at 9 AM!

Original review: April 19, 2018

The worst! Three of the most unprofessional delivery workers ever. They were not able to disconnect my washer. Claimed it was corroded and stripped. But then again they didn't know how to shut the water off either. I had to hire someone else to remove and install. Took him a whole 30 minutes to complete the job. No more Home Depot for me. Three times and you're out. Shame on me for going back each time.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought a hot water heater from the Home Depot Store Maple, Hts, Ohio on 4-11-2018. When I got it home and paid the installers to install it, a little while after I got upstairs I was called back down to take a look at the hot water heater I had just purchased. And shown a big dent at the bottom. I was asked what I wanted to do. I told him if they thought it might be a problem, he told me to wait while he called the manufacturer. Rheem told them the problem and they asked him how deep was the dent and told him it should be ok but it was documented and told it had the 12 year warranty. The installer asked me what I wanted to do. I told him if they said it should be OK then go ahead and install it, because I did not have the time to have it repacked and have him take it back and pay the installers for additional time.

At the same time I called the Home Depot store where I purchased in Maple Hts, Ohio and explained it to the customer service person. They seemed as if they did not care if I had just purchased damaged goods from their store. So I got online and answered the survey about my recent purchase experience and marked the box to call. The next day I received a called from the store manager. He stated his name was Scott. I explained the situation. He asked me if I had the receipt and a photo ID. I answered yes and also told him the installers took a picture and sent it to my phone that I could also show him. He asked me what he could do to make it right.

First of all I did not like how he turned it around and put the ball in my court after stating he would give me $40. He told me he would be in the next couple of days at 12 noon when could I come in to talk to him. I told Scott that most likely Monday the 16th but I was not able to make it until Tuesday the 17th and when I reached my local Home Depot in Maple Hts, Ohio. I went to the customer service counter and told the young lady I was there to see Scott. She began to interrogate me with questions my name, why did I want to speak with Scott, what was he going to do for me so I told her which really felt uncomfortable, because Scott told me he would talk to me and tell his managers the situation.

She called Scott from the customer service desk told him I was there, he never even came out to talk to me or see the picture of the damage goods I bought from the Maple Hts Home Depot. I thought this matter was very poorly handled. Luckily there is a Lowe's home furnishing store closer to me than Home Depot. I was hoping to show him how damaged the water heater was and explain how frustrating my day had become. And if he felt like $43 was compensation for buying goods and having installers calling about the product and the possibility of me paying extra for the installers taking it back and having no hot water was the solution to this problem after buying other big-ticket items at his store. His insight is very dangerous for the future of the Maple Hts Home Depot. Thank You for not solving my problem and switching my loyalty in the future to Lowe's for my future rehabbing of house.

Original review: April 13, 2018 Purchased LG Refrigerator Freezer online from Home Depot. LG refrigerator freezer is not cooling food adequately. Home Depot does not help or take enough responsibility for problems with the product after it has been sold to you. Home Depot should not sell online items for which is does not provide adequate
    customer service. LG tells me there are no LG supported service techs in the area. Customer Service call was 1 1/2 hours without a solution except for a callback.

Home Depot should be monitored for online sales without customer service for product failure.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered refrigerator online to be delivered on April 6th 2018. I received delivery confirmation call previous day for time of the delivery. (12:30 PM - 4:30 PM.) Even online order status states same time frame. It didn't come and I called customer service. They told me warehouse didn't receive the package yet. Therefore it cannot be delivered on time. I asked about the delivery confirmation call and order status. Rep said, the call I have received is automated call from our system. It is wrong and order status is wrong as well. Advised me to wait till arrives to warehouse and update from them.

Are they kidding me? I WASTED MY PTO TO WAIT FOR THE DELIVERY. THEY DON'T INFORM THE CUSTOMER OF THEIR DELAY. WTF. Then REP asked if I wanted manufacturer's customer service to find out the status of the appliance. WTF. Home Depot. That's your job. Failed to do their job. Fail to keep their promise. Failed to inform the customer. I am never ordering from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I work for an apartment complex and the delivery team was supposed to delivery 4 appliances to me. The first time they delivered they only brought 3/4. They wouldn’t deliver it to the apartment that I needed it at because that was too much of a hassle. So they just dropped them off in the middle of my office lobby. Then told me they didn’t have the other fridge I ordered. So I called my pro desk lady and she helped me track down the missing fridge. So 2 hours later they brought my missing fridge and when he called me to tell me on his way I specifically told him what apartment I needed it at and that I would have a maintenance team member there to help him get it to that apartment. They called to let me know they were here so I sent my guy over to the building (which is right by my office) and he informed me that they just dropped it off in front of the building and left. HORRIBLE customer service. I will not be using this delivery team again.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I purchased my Whirlpool microwave about six months ago and bought the extended warranty. I am having issues with my new appliance. It is safety issues. I've now made 6 phone calls and am still sitting on hold waiting for an agent to answer the phone. I have been on the phone for 1 hour and 48 minutes and still do not have an answer. I will never purchase from Home Depot again. This whole mess has started with them. I am a very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We ordered 3 dishwashers and the install person would not even take off truck, stated they would not fit. Not true! We finally hired our own install person. We paid Home Depot to take away old appliances. Install refused. Installer was rude and had very poor English skills. We had to call Home Depot to ask them to tell the installer to leave our home. They did not check the refrigerator to make sure all was in working order. I called the local Home Depot (703) 266-9800 and was put on hold for 22 minutes. At this point a man by the name of Chris ** came on line and told me the name of the sub-contractor was FSA. Rebecca at (703) 433-2666. He was polite and did apologize. I called Rebecca and she would not come on the line. I left my number and I have not yet heard from her. Do not allow Home Depot to use this contractor for any reason!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Ordered a washer dryer combo that was front and center of store floor. Had to wait a week for them to arrive with the dryer broken. Home Depot unable to tell me when they can get a new one to me and refusing to take the washer back so I can go elsewhere. They just dont get how important it is to have clean clothes. It's just... we'll get to you as soon as we can. What a mistake I made!!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

March 3, 2018 I went to the Home Depot in Marble Falls, TX. Pick out the one I wanted Whirlpool french door white, it was delivery on time. After one week the ice maker stop working, Tues March 20, 2018 I call seven telephone number, and not one person did I talk to, four hour I spent on phone. I am so upset. I am not going to make payment until this one is fix or I get a new.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered a washer. Paid 800 for 2 weeks almost still not delivered. They canceled on me twice. Then can only deliver in mornings. I get home after three pm. Will not take another day off to be circle jerked. Then they said I need a new appointment. Wanted to give me one for next week. I said, “What about tomorrow since you screwed me over twice.” Next time I will take my business to Sears. I should’ve taken my money and left. Home Depot will not get my business anymore.

Original review: March 19, 2018

We had a terrible experience, with the delivery of our new refrigerator. I set up a delivery date. It was supposed to be last Wednesday, March 14th. Well, on the morning of the 13th, I had an email in my inbox telling me that the refrigerator was being delivered that day- Tuesday, not Wednesday. The company had simply decided to change the delivery date without discussing it with me. I had arranged for a Wednesday, as that is my day off. I frantically changed my schedule, so I could be home.

Well, around 3:45 PM, I finally get an (automated) call from the delivery service. They will be delivering it, TOMORROW (the originally scheduled date) between 1 and 5 PM. I called them. The supervisor told me that he gets wrong emails from the headquarters all the time, and that it was no big deal. I told him that it was NOT okay to treat customers this way, regardless of the internal communications problems their company has. I told him that he needed to look into what went wrong and call me back, which he did not do. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: March 5, 2018

3 guys arrived, 1 thought he was Apollo or something. Grabbed dryer off truck by himself and dropped it into a puddle in the street. Hooked washer/started cycle till water came & hooked dryer up, turned on but didn't wait to make sure there was any heat. In a hurry to leave. Go to do laundry and cannot get it to heat. No satisfaction from Home Depot - now we have to wait another week to get someone back here to do it right.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Don't buy appliances from Home Depot. Their delivery service is absolutely terrible. My husband purchased an appliance set from Home Depot for my birthday. I was so excited! Then came the delivery. So, they brought my new refrigerator in the house. Next they brought in the stove. When they brought in the microwave they immediately noticed that it was damaged. So they had me sign a form that they would order another microwave. They said that it was damaged in the Box. They said they would order another microwave then they were in a big hurry to leave.

Before they left I discovered a dent in the refrigerator. I told them. They gave me a discount for the dent in the refrigerator... - that was good. The next microwave arrived a couple weeks later. Upon arrival, they looked at the microwave and discovered it too was dented and so they returned it. When the 3rd microwave arrived a couple weeks later, it was not dented! I was so excited!

Now weeks after buying my appliances I am finally going to get them all in! The installer put the Microwave up on the old bracket from the previous microwave. He had his buddy hold it while he went to get something. That's when it happened... the microwave fell right on top of my brand new glass top. It made a ding in the glass top. It dented the back of the stove small dents, yes, but still there. I was also worried about how that heavy microwave landing on the glass top might have in some way damage the glass. They tried to get me to say the microwave was damaged in the box again since it was damaged by the fall.

When he had me sign my name I told him I could not say that it was damaged in the Box as he was trying to get me to say. So we went ahead and changed it to say that the micro had actually dropped on the stove. I told him I wanted to have some remuneration for the Damage Done to the stove. Home Depot has still not giving me any remuneration. On top of that, I had to reorder the microwave myself when it did not show up 2 weeks later... On the whole, the manager of Home Depot has been helpful but done absolutely nothing. I have been kind, patient, and yet I can't help but be frustrated. It is now been almost a year since I order my appliances. I have still not seen any remuneration from Home Depot So, in short I would not advise buying from this company.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Home Depot has major installation problems. The Florida area Home Depots use Ralph Transfer Co. to deliver and install appliances. Home Depot will NOT help and has NO control after you purchase appliances. Ralph Transfer Co uses untrained, unprofessional and careless installers who are subcontractors, not employees. Check Ralph Transfer Co Reviews before you buy from Home Depot! You will be shocked at what you find.

Original review: March 2, 2018

On 02/20/2018 we placed an order for appliances (Gas stove, microwave and dishwasher from Whirlpool). The Home Depot Salesperson at Watertown (H2602) branch was very informative and made the order easy and smooth. We submitted the initial date of the delivery to be on next Tuesday 2/27 one week from the order day, though due to the unavailability of my contractor on site, Kevin called to changed the date to Saturday 2/24th. The Home Delivery Service confirmed the change and we were assured that the delivery will arrive on Saturday and I will get the confirmation call on Friday evening. I asked my electrician/plumber to wait on site on Saturday to accept the delivery and hook them up.

When we didn't get the confirmation call Friday night, I called the Home Depot Delivery Service on Saturday morning as the contractor reserved his afternoon for the job, the delivery service and after waiting for half an hour with music only came back with apology that they didn't find the products neither the truck, they assured us that they will call in one hour to confirm. Around 12 noon we went to Home Depot and met with Kevin the salesperson, he tried to contact the delivery service and GE and after nearly one hour and a half I got the answer that the delivery might be out on the truck or not loaded yet...no track of what so ever of my order...but in case they arrive we have to wait and my contractor now is on site waiting and waiting... No call, no truck and no delivery of my confirmed order.

My credit card was charged for the products and my contractor charged me for the job as he was there and it was a waste of his time. Sunday, I called furious and again after one hour of waiting, the Home Depot Delivery representative assured me that the delivery will arrive on Tuesday 2/27 the initial day (The day that neither me or my contractor can make it). The day never been changed even there was a confirmation. Also, for the inconvenience the representative assured me that there will be a compensation after I signed on receiving the product. I have to call back after delivery and they will issue the compensation direct after the call. On Tuesday 2/17 I ask to leave early my work to meet the delivery. I got a call that within 45 minutes the delivery will be at site, I was waiting for one hour and 15 minutes until they came.

I called the delivery service to confirm the delivery and confirm the compensation as I was instructed and after waiting on phone for 30 minutes, the delivery service representative told me there is no record whatsoever about compensation and I have to call GE to ask for that and he gave me another 1-866 number. I went back to Home Depot and I said my story and they said that there are many complains about this Delivery Service Company and they are thinking seriously to change it. They asked me to submit a complain and this is what I am doing here. I order online many things and this is my worst and most expensive order in terms of time and money...never again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I placed an order for a refrigerator on Feb 3, 2018 and my credit card was charged on Feb 7. After around two weeks of not receiving my refrigerator, I contacted Home Depot inquiring about my order and I was told that the refrigerator was lost in transit. How you lose something as big as a refrigerator is beyond me. They asked if I wanted to reorder another and I said no and to please credit my credit card. I have contacted Home Depot several times since asking for a credit and I still have not received a credit. I contacted my credit card company on March 1, 2018 and they have confirmed that Home Depot has not even started a credit for my order. Home Depot is a horrible, horrible company, and I will never buy from this company again. I hope this review saves others from the headache I am going through.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I purchased a side-by-side refrigerator delivered 2/9/18. The first team put a small hole in the wall when they brought in the refrigerator. The old refrigerator was picked up a few days later after water-line disconnect. When the next team arrived, I showed the small hole to the first male at the door. I asked that he watch out for when they moved the old refrigerator out. I stood several feet behind him as they left and saw the doorknob bash the wall, making a much deeper hole, extending damage on the right side.

They had piled tools, parts, the harnesses and belts they wear, all of this, on my kitchen table, and without being rude, I let them know I only use the table (countertop) for eating. The man removing the handles immediately removed the things, but the other male seemed annoyed. I could be wrong, either way, he was careless when he left and damaged the wall more after I had asked him to be careful. The front door opening was 35.5 inches. They had removed the handles from the old refrigerator. It was 31.5 inches. This absolutely could have been prevented.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I ordered a new dishwasher from Home Depot. After it was delivered, I opened the box and found the frame bent and the pump housing broken. I took it to a local HD store to return/exchange it. They told me they will not take an appliance back after 48 hours! Doesn't matter that it was defective. I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot. Lowe's allows 30 days for appliance returns.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Ordered a stove online on the 17th of February. It was delivered on the 22nd. Packaging was all intact but the stove was missing parts. Called customer service. They connected me with a store manager near my home since that's how the process works. I explained my situation and asked about an email I received offer up to 35% off. He didn't know what I was talking about nor seemed to care. So I told him I would just cancel the order he said that was fine. So I called back to cancel the order and that customer service representative asked me if they gave me $75.00 off the order would I consider keeping the order.

I accepted the discount and that's when it has taken numerous phone calls to find out when the replacement stove would be here. Now at times I admit I probably was rude but well as to be expected. One they took my payment from the start and now it is the 27th of February and now they wouldn't be able to deliver the replacement stove till March 6th. Now I am in contact with a gentleman named Lou at the Home Depot near me in Cleveland, Ohio. He is trying to get me a replacement stove or a refund but I can't get a refund till they pick up the stove that has the missing pieces. All in a nutshell it's been a bunch of running around. I'm out my money till someone picks up this stove. I guess I'll shop at Lowe's from now on.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Home Depot Complaint – 24Feb2018. Mr. Jeff Kinnaird (HD President in Canada), I would like your assistance resolving my complaint with your company, as I have gotten nowhere with what I would loosely call your "customer service" department. On Jan. 9, 2018 I ordered a Maytag Model MDB8959SFE dishwasher. I received a call on January 19, 2018 to advise the dishwasher would be delivered the next day. Said dishwasher was delivered as promised, on January 20, 2018. The delivery company (Armstrong the Movers) unpackaged the dishwasher in my driveway and brought it into my house open, and took a photo of the front of it, where they left it in my kitchen(?).

On January 21, the installer attended at my house to install the dishwasher. He moved the dishwasher out of where the installers had left it. He tried to open the door and noted that the door was very difficult to open. He inspected it further and discovered that the frame and wheels were bent up to the extent that it was impossible to install, it wouldn't even fit into the opening if he tried. In his opinion, it appeared that the dishwasher may have been dropped by the delivery people. I immediately called the HD Customer Service line to report the problem. I was told that HD was sorry. I was told that she would send an email for the replacement to be processed the following morning (Monday), that the supplier would be contacted and that a replacement dishwasher would be ordered Monday January 22, 2018, and that the new dishwasher would arrive in 7-10 business days.

I was told that I would receive a phone call from the delivery company about when it would be delivered, as HD was unable to provide me with an exact date, only that it would be 7-10 business days. At around that time, I never received a call from HD or anyone else to advise when my replacement dishwasher would arrive. In the meantime, before the installer left, I arranged for the installer to return to my home in 2 weeks, as I was told the replacement would be delivered in 7-10 business days.

On Jan 24, when I was at work, apparently the delivery company (who a few days later I discovered was Armstrong the Mover) came by my house, with no advance notice the night before or the day of, to pick up the broken dishwasher. A VM was left at 12:06 pm advising that they were at my house to pick up the dishwasher. I ret'd the call at the number on my call display at 12:33 pm and rec'd no answer. When I arrived home after work, I discovered a ripped up note was left at my door, with the contact phone number missing and no company name on it other than Home Depot, making it impossible to call whoever left the note (other than Home Depot). I received no advanced notice that anyone was coming that day to pick up the broken dishwasher, so, not surprisingly, I was at work and not at home.

On January 25, 2018 I called HD Customer Service to ask if they had sent someone to my house on Jan 24. The woman on the phone said she had no record of anyone being dispatched to my house by HD, but said she would look into it further and call me back. She called me back a little while later, and left a VM to advise that she spoke with the manufacturer and that even they did not send anyone to my home (i.e. neither HD nor the supplier dispatched anyone), so she had no idea who had attended there.

She also advised that my replacement had not yet been processed (after I had been promised on January 21 that the customer service rep would send an email so it could be processed first thing the following morning (Monday), so that I would receive delivery in 7-10 business days from January 22). She apologized for the inconvenience. I was told that I would not be charged another delivery fee... I told her that I would most certainly not be paying a delivery fee for products that were being delivered broken (so thanks SO MUCH HD for not charging ME delivery fees for YOUR delivery of broken products, that was much too kind... sic).

In the meantime, I received another VM from Armstrong asking me to call them. About Jan 26, I called HD Customer Service AGAIN to ask, if HD had dispatched someone to pick up the broken dishwasher. I asked when the replacement dishwasher would be delivered. She checked the system and advised me that the replacement dishwasher HAD NOT EVEN BEEN ORDERED, and that it would be ANOTHER 7-10 days from Jan 27 (adding another 5 days of waiting, due to customer service not processing my replacement order when they said they would). She apologized for the inconvenience. This was when things really started to go downhill. HD Customer Service said Armstrong had tried to reach me a couple times and that at this point they will just pick up the broken dishwasher when the replacement is delivered. I also returned Armstrong the Mover's VM call on Jan 27 x 2, and received no callback.

On Feb 3, I called my installer to advise that as I had heard nothing from HD about when my replacement dishwasher would arrive, I was canceling our scheduled installation date for Feb 4. Hearing nothing from anyone about a delivery date or pick up date of the old dishwasher, on February 4, 2018 I called HD's customer service line AGAIN... Asking what is the status of my replacement dishwasher as no one has called me to advise when it will be coming, and it was now at the 7-10 business days they had promised both on Jan 22 and Jan 25 and I had heard nothing about when it would be delivered. I was advised that the replacement dishwasher should be in around Tuesday, February 6.

On Feb 5, 2018, I called Armstrong the Movers to request delivery on Sat. Feb 10, as I work during the week and would be unable to accept delivery on a weekday. They made arrangements for Feb 10. On Feb 9, I again called my installer to come on Feb 11, to install the replacement dishwasher. On Feb 10, Armstrong the Movers called to advise they would be delivering shortly. They arrived at my home and unpacked the dishwasher in my driveway. Then, one of the drivers sheepishly came up to my door and advised that THIS dishwasher was damaged as well (SERIOUSLY!). The replacement dishwasher was loaded back on the truck and did not even come into my house. I asked if they could take the first dishwasher as well - they said they could not, and for me to call HD to make appropriate arrangements, so that the proper paperwork would be done for them to pick it up.

Right away, on Feb 10, I called HD Customer Service AGAIN, to advise yet another broken dishwasher had arrived today. I asked for compensation such as a 20% discount due to all of the inconvenience I had experienced to date, as well as my wasted time waiting at home for deliveries of broken appliances, poor customer service, wasted time on the phone to customer service, orders not processed as promised, etc. I was told that compensation is not possible, unless I accepted the broken dishwasher. Another apology... Complete empty words at this point. I said, "If you're not going to compensate me in some way, I had no faith in HD's products," that as a result I felt their customer service was reprehensible, and that I wanted the dishwasher removed and my money back. The Customer Service Rep told me there would be a restocking fee.

At that point, I expressed my sincere displeasure regarding HD's lack of customer service, and asked to speak to his supervisor. He said he would talk to someone about the restocking fee and put me on hold. He came back and said I would not be charged a restocking fee (seriously! - Thanks so much for that...). He further told me that I would not get my money back ($850 by the way) until the delivery company picked up the broken dishwasher, at which time the return "could be processed". I asked if the delivery company could come back today and get it, as they were obviously out doing deliveries. No. I said I wanted it to be picked up as soon as possible, as I wanted my money back.

He looked at the schedule and said Feb 24 (another 2 weeks). I asked for an earlier date, saying that is ridiculous, this is a pickup not a delivery, their delivery guys could pick it up on a return trip anytime. I asked him to call the delivery company to see if he could get an earlier date (this was not offered, I had to persist). He said he called them and that the broken dishwasher would be picked up next Saturday. Again, he apologized for my inconvenience.

Fast forward to the next Saturday... Feb 17, 2018. Again, I did not receive a phone call from Armstrong the night before. I called and left a msg on the VM at Armstrong - no response was ever received, even until today. I call HD Customer Service AGAIN. I'm told, after being put on hold a few more times, that they could not get an earlier date and the pick up date for the broken dishwasher is Feb 24. Again, I express my displeasure with HD's lack of customer service - seriously, would it have been that difficult for someone from HD (or the delivery company) to have called me so I did not waste yet another Saturday waiting around for people that never come?

Feb 23 - again, no call from the delivery company. I call HD Customer Service at 6:10 pm asking what is going on, as again, I received no call from Armstrong about picking up the broken dishwasher on Feb 24 (as promised). The Customer Service person said they would call the delivery company. He comes back on the line and said Armstong is closed, and that they are likely not going to deliver tomorrow. I ask to speak to a supervisor. I'm put through to Joel. I say I want this issue resolved. He tells me Armstrong is closed now, but that he is working again the following day, starting at 11:30 am. Joel said he would personally look into the issue, call the moving company when he gets in, in the morning, and call me back by 12:30 pm on Feb 24.

On the morning of Feb 24, I leave yet another VM for Armstrong, and noted that I did not receive a call back from my voicemail left the previous weekend. And, no surprise... I do not receive the promised call from Joel by 12:30 on Feb 24. I give him the benefit of the doubt and wait over an hour, before calling HD Customer Service AGAIN at 1:37 pm. I'm told by the female customer service agent that no one by the name of Joel is a supervisor there. I ask her to please check the file notes, as I spoke with him the day before and he may have left notes.

Sure enough, she finds "Joel" in another department. She puts me through to him (this takes about 20 minutes, 2 customer service people who ask the same questions x2 (VERY ANNOYING), before I get put through to Joel. I express my displeasure that he did not call me back as promised. He said he sent Armstrong an email and had not yet heard back, so he hadn't called me (could this email not have been send the night before, the first time I asked him?). I said good customer service dictates that when you say you are going to do something (ie call someone back by a certain time), you should do it... Even if you don't have an answer yet – give a status update.

Of course he apologized (hollow words obviously) and said there is nothing he could do. I said why can't you call them? He said ok. I'm put on hold for about the 100th time (after numerous calls), he comes back and says they're closed and nothing can be done until Monday. I said you have $850 of my money and I want my money returned. It's not my fault you can get your ** together and pick up the dishwasher as scheduled. It's been sitting in my kitchen since Jan 20, and I want it out. I want my money back now, HD's errors are not my fault and you have $850 of my money that you won't give back until you pick up the dishwasher, so pls pick it up today, as you had previously promised you would do. Call another mover I don't care, just get it picked up as I want my money back.

I'm told he can't do that and I have to be "patient". Really?!?! I've been MORE than patient, with NO COMPENSATION whatsoever, REPREHENSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (and after reading other comments on this page, I can see that I am not alone), and HOLLOW APOLOGIES. I ask to speak to Joel's supervisor, as I want to speak to someone who can do more than send emails and leave voicemails to the moving company and say they're sorry. Joel tells me he does not have a supervisor. I ask him who does his performance reviews as I want to speak to his boss. He tells me he doesn't have one (seems odd to me....?). He says he will personally follow up. I ask for his number, so the next time I call I don't have to go through a bunch of transfer calls, repeated questions and take me 20 mins to get through to him (as it did today).

He tells me he has no phone #, I have to call the main #. He says he'll send my issue to the "Escalation Department", but that they won't be in until Monday. I ask for the # for the Escalation Department, as at this point I have no faith that the issue will be passed on, or that anyone will call me back. I ask for the customer complaint address and phone #. He said I can only provide feedback online, through the customer service form on the website. I said I want to speak to a person in the customer complaint department, not send an email that I'll never receive any resolution to (which seems to be the pattern of HD staff). He said there is no number to call. I say go figure... HD obviously does not want to deal with customer complaints, which has become abundantly obvious to me.

Mr. Kinnaird - I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS AUTHORITY AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK. You are holding my money hostage by not picking up this piece of junk that remains in my kitchen for the past 36 days. I have already purchased another dishwasher from one of your competitors, who have 10000x the customer service that you have. This is the first time I purchased anything online with HD, and I can affirm that given my experience, I will never ever set foot in a HD store ever again, and will never ever purchase anything from HD. Please come and PICK UP YOUR JUNK and GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Was supposed to have a delivery on 2/15 but no one contacted me to say my washer and dryer were on the way so I called both delivery service who then told me they weren't coming and we needed to reschedule. Fast forward to today. Have been calling all morning between Home Depot and the delivery service after I was told by the delivery place that our order was canceled, except we didn't cancel it. Now my washer is missing and I am the one that has to keep calling people back. This is the worst service I have ever gotten from Home Depot and we have been dealing with them for a few years. All we want is answers and no one knows what to tell me.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Bad communication between delivery and store. Bought 2 appliances; cancelled one and they said the delivery date would change so I cancelled whole order. Delivery was calling me; I talked to store and they said my delivery was cancelled; 2 nights later at 8 PM, the delivery person knocked at my door. Three - four weeks later, delivery called me today. Why do they have to make this so complicated. By the way, I went to a competitor to make purchase.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

When Home Depot had my washer and dryer delivered, my home was damaged by the carelessness of the delivery team. Several nicks on the walls, a door that got banged in and paint scraped off the walls due to them being careless when bringing them into the laundry room. I immediately took this up with the Home Depot I had purchased the set from and was told "it would be taken care of".

After endless emails being sent, the owner of the delivery company called me. I could not understand a single syllable that he was saying and to top that off, he sounded intoxicated. That conversation got me nowhere. I proceeded to contact Home Depot again and they told me to contact the Home Depot Claim Adjuster named Jessica. She did not return my initial calls, but I happened to make a last attempt at contacting her and was lucky enough to have her pick up. I gave her the claim number for my case and she said I needed to wait some more to hear from the delivery company.

At this point, I became very annoyed and tried to nicely explain to her that I feel as if I am getting the runaround. She told me I needed to be patient. HA! Patient? This has been going on for over a month! I then said, "Look, I don't want to have to turn this into a legal situation where I have to hire a lawyer." Her response to that was, "Well ma'am you have to do what you gotta do". I cannot believe the unprofessionalism and lack of caring that I have gotten from Home Depot. I had thought I was making a really good choice when going with them for my appliances, but apparently not! I will never spend another dime there again and I encourage anyone reading this not to as well!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I will not tell you the 1st time GE sent two men to install my Microwave convection oven... But the second set of installers never installed it right as they did not read the installation manual. I not knowing this was told by a friend who came to my house that it was installed to recirculate back in the house rather than the vent to the outside that was obvious. I thought they did it correctly till then... When I called Home Depot in several different phone numbers and talked to supervisor and was hung up on by one c/s person... they told me the installation was only guaranteed for 30 days and that I had to call Maytag... who called out a service company only when they called to set up a time. They told me they would not check installations only problems. My problem is it is not broke. It works but it works improperly. So now when I use the oven the heat is going to come back into my house.

As long as GE is the contract for installations I will never do business with Home Depot. I have ordered two ref. and 3 Microwaves all over the range... Previous to this as I have two homes. I am in the midst of remodeling one and will need carpet, wood floors, toilets, sinks and faucets and none will I get installed from Home Depot service. They don't seem to be bothered that the installation was done wrong. Only that 30 days has passed so it is not anyone's issue but mine now.

BUYER BEWARE. I CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE WHERE IT SAYS INSTALLATION IS ONLY GUARANTEED FOR 30 DAYS.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Bought a GE washer from HD with free delivery and installation. Long story short... No call 30 minutes Prior to delivery. Not delivered within 4 hour window as promised. Placed washer in basement and left without installation. HD referred me to 3rd party delivery service for resolution after delivery guys stated that I told them I would install myself! Can't recommend HD delivery services, my experience with Lowe's is much much better and recommended.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We have had a horrible experience purchasing washer/dryer from Home Depot. At scheduled delivery appointment they brought us two severely damaged washer and dryer and offered me 75$ discount to accept those. After we refused to accept the items we have been told that they will set up the next delivery within 48 hours. However after five days of hearing nothing I called them and after two hours discussion they told me that they can deliver washer/dryer after 5 days, means totals of 3 week after purchase to deliver it to me. Never trust their delivery, we are now in the process of canceling the order and get the refunds which seems gonna take forever.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator online before New Year and scheduled a delivery on 27th January. I was told that I will get a call the day before and never received one. I had to follow up with them to make sure it was on schedule. Finally it came in with damage and I refused delivery. It is understandable that the product may get damaged during the delivery. What made me hate is the customer service when I tried to reach them. The way they speak to their customers are unacceptable and rude. After multiple follow up I got a call after 5 days saying the delivery was scheduled for Feb 6th. Their process definitely does not include customer satisfaction. They don't care about the customer's schedule but have their own timelines. Even a missed promised date does not take priority for them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I having a very bad experience with the delivery services of my appliances. I still waiting 4 months for the company assist my claim of repair my floor, because the delivery company that Home Depot's hiring was negligent and broke my vinyl floor.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Today is Jan 31st, per the automatic phone call on Jan 30th evening, our ordered appliances should be delivered between 1:00 PM ~5:00 PM (later, I called home depot, the schedule in your system was between 3:45 ~ 7:45 PM). I went to the delivery address before 1:00 PM and waited for them until 7:45 PM. Still, no one calls us or show up for delivery. During the long waiting period, I was not able to get drink/food and have to make several calls to the Home Depot subcontractor and The Bridge water 202 Home Depot.

The feedback is that the truck already on the road and I should just wait, or they can’t reach the delivery team, or the office closed. One of the GE’s representatives, a lady named Lisa (I can’t get her name clearly but very close), told me on around 4:20 PM, that our sequence number is 14, and now the truck at stop 13, so we will be their next stop, and we should receive a call within 30 minutes. But apparently, she may lie to me.

So, I called again around 5:19, and the lady told me she couldn’t find that information which Lisa told us. But on a later call, another gentleman said he can see that we stop 14, but he doesn’t know where is the truck. So let’s put this aside, I think I can’t trust this company any longer. Now I have to find The Home Depot, who is selling the appliances to us directly and received our full payment about two months ago to take your responsibility to make our delivery happen. We do not care if it’s from which company, we just want our goods showed up with new in box and been installed per our order correctly.

As a customer who been regularly buying from home depot, I hope you as representative from home depot, a huge company, can concern about your customer’s frustration. I have personally been waste one full day of Jan24, one-half day till late evening on Jan 29, and another half day till almost 8:00 PM on Jan 31. And each travel to the delivery address is more than 35 minutes, and I took days off for this never show up, no feedback delivery. If you were me, what’s your feeling? Yeah, Home Depot is a big company, you may never have an ear for us.

So here are some questions: Is that our appliances been stolen? Is that the delivery company just do not want to make delivery to us because they made some many mistakes and dared not to show up? Are they just delay our delivery because our last name is Asian (I hope this is not the case!!!). We are tired of dealing with the delivery company, we just want with Home Depot to take care of this, and I believe if the Home Depot (Bridgewater 202) store want to solve this issue, you can easily arrange delivery for us on time and in time. So, please do not pass the ball to GE or whatever the 3rd or 4th party which we do not even know the name and never have the luck to talk directly. We just need the product that we bought and the warranty that for our appliance may already waste two months?

Our last request has never received a formal feedback from your store, and that makes us feel that the Home Depot (Bridgewater 202) store do not care about our case. I hope this letter can make you do something for the customer who paid you. We reserve the right to claim for a compensation for the loss of our time, transportation expense, time to deal with all the unnecessary issues that related with this order, mental stress and health impact due to the long waiting time.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs