Home Depot Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Home Depot Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I had the store deliver and install a washing machine. They can only hire what they can get which is untrained people. The store Asst Mgr did ride along as extra help. He was about as “hardware” as a preschooler. The installer broke the water pipe and then didn't know to put a clamp on the supply line. So my downstairs flooded. I called and complained to the store manager. Their reply was it was an insurance claim. HOME DEPOT IS LIKE A GENTLEMAN'S NIGHT CLUB. THEY'RE GOOD AT ENTERTAINING AND TAKING YOUR MONEY. SHOP AT LOWE'S LIKE THE PROS DO!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

While working on my order for kitchen appliances, I stayed on the phone over 2 hours. The First Lady I talked to was nice, but she had to transfer me to someone else who was chewing gum in my ear and I could hardly understand what she was saying. I was approved for a new account and was told I would receive $100.00 credit on my account. Nothing was ever completed with my order. I continued to be given the run around. I was ordering a refrigerator and smooth top range which was $2,145.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Bought Washer, Stove and dishwasher on two different orders. Washer was delivered on Dec 9, called on Dec 10 to report that the washer was super noisy, sounded like gears were grinding, screeching sounds and it stopped in mid wash and never restarted. Home Depot noted complaint and GE patched in. A repair guy came out saying WI-FI had to be on to work. WHAT?? Did not know there was WI-FI and did not want it. He worked his magic with a tablet and left. Noise did not abate and only got louder. Next guy is coming out next week. GE says that 4 techs have to look it over and one has to say it is not fixable before they consider replacing it. This is a brand new washer that failed within a few hours. Techs traipsing in and out and trips to the laundry mat are unacceptable. Very disappointed in the response received. Spend your money somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I had a great experience with them. I learned a lot. They were patient and took their time. I can say they made a good understanding with us. I'm glad I went there for my questions and answers. I really appreciate it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Just wanted to share a horrific experience with Home Depot. I made a large purchase of appliances for my home. Dishwasher, Microwave, Stove and Refrigerator. I was told that my Delivery was all set. So far, they have cancelled my delivery twice with no notice. I took 2 days off from work to wait for a delivery, The last delivery that did not happen I (the day of the delivery/mid day) got a text that the delivery was cancelled, with no notice. When you go to the store, they have all kind of excuses and then the various manager will disappear and make you wait for 20-30 minutes. AGAIN. Various excuses. The main Issue is that when I call the appliance hotline they give my information. The appliance hotline same thing, no satisfaction and every person I spoke to had a different answer that proved to be WRONG. I'm at my wit's end. I will never do this again. Not sure what to do but but I have been through hell so far.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I bought a GE refrigerated. Got my house and everything ready. They unload, take off box and refrigerated had severe damage! Rejected on the spot. Call Home Depot only to be told it would be 2 weeks to get a replacement that wasn't damaged Maybe!!! I have meds that require refrigeration. This is like buying from a online outlet. Ya get what ya get. Returned. Getting full refund! Will never go to Home Depot for any delivered item!!! This should of been caught. You could see the box was damaged .

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Purchasing an appliance from Home Depot has been the worst experience and I will never do it again. From start to finish, there were multiple steps of incompetency. First I tried to purchase a refrigerator online for delivery to Honolulu, Hawaii. I ordered the GE refrigerator in October for delivery in Nov. Delivery date set for Nov. 12. My new tenant is moving in on Dec. 1. Perfect I thought.

The day before delivery, I receive an email stating the the delivery is delayed until Dec. 19. What!!?? Apparently, according to the sales person in appliances in Honolulu, GE appliances are always late/back ordered. Why set a delivery date online if you can't deliver on time? Since I have a tenant moving in on Dec. 1, I had to fly into Honolulu from the mainland to purchase a refrigerator on site to ensure delivery before the end of Nov. So I fly into Honolulu and go to the Home Depot in Honolulu. Susan in appliances helps me to purchase a refrigerator. She was very helpful. Delivery was set for Nov. 23. Perfect, it will arrive before the tenant moves in.

When the delivery guys from Island movers show up, they notify me that the forklift has damaged the bottom of the box and the refrigerator is damaged. So they can't deliver the item. Darn! So I call home depot to explain what had happened and schedule another delivery date ASAP. I spoke with Jennifer, the manager in charge of issues in the appliance department. I explained what had happened and that I was in a pickle because of the damaged refrigerator and my deadline with the tenant. In addition, I was flying out on Friday Nov. 25. Jennifer was so rude and condescending telling me that none of what had happened was their fault and that I should just accept it.

So we set another delivery date, Mon. Nov. 28. I had to find someone to take the delivery because I had already returned to the mainland. Then I get an email from Home Depot saying that the delivery has again been rescheduled. When i called Home Depot to find out what had happened, they said the Island movers delivery truck had broken down and everyone's delivery for that day was rescheduled. Ok, so sometimes trucks break down, understandable.

When I call Island Movers to find out what had happened, they said that their truck did not break down, but when the delivery truck arrived at Home Depot on Monday, all of the appliances that were scheduled for delivery were blocked and the delivery guys could not load the items onto the truck. So in essence, Home Depot had lied to me about their truck breaking down. How unprofessional! So I called Home Depot back to reschedule the delivery. They say Dec. 1 (the day the tenant moves in).

I contact Memo in Will Call/delivery to ensure that my refrigerator will not be blocked and will be accessible for the delivery drivers. He ensures me that they solved the issue by placing the items for delivery in another area of the warehouse, which is accessible for the delivery guys. This experience has given me high blood pressure and ulcers. The level of incompetence at multiple stages was incomprehensible and I will tell everyone I know to steer clear of purchasing appliances from Home Depot. This team needs to be retrained.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Never purchase a Home Depot Appliance Extended Warranty!!! It's not their warranty! 3rd Party, Asurion is the insurance! My 2020 $900 dryer broke 4 times now. 3 times for no heat took the guy 3 visits to fix it! Now the belt, been waiting since Nov 10 only for the guy to not show up yesterday on the 29th. They contracted with a Texas (I Live in Hawaii) company with NO LIVE PERSON To Talk to, I found a local company willing to come out tomorrow! Asurion tells me they can't reimburse me the cost because it has to be the company that did not show up for the repair! Hope this warning helps you guys!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

CUSTOMER SERVICE MEANS NOTHING! DO NOT STAND BY THEIR WORD! I have had the worst experience with Home Depot's customer service. I bought a dishwasher online and paid to have it installed by Home Depot. The dishwasher was installed incorrectly and had been leaking, unbeknownst to us, for a year! Black mold was in walls, behind cabinets, under our hardwood floors...

We were told by the restoration team that our house was unsafe to live in and to leave that day. A sign, "DANGER! MICROBIAL HAZARD! KEEP OUT! AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY! RESPIRATORS AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING ARE REQUIRED IN THIS AREA!" was posted at our home. That same day I contacted Home Depot. Home Depot referred me to a company called Temco, who they said installed it. It was proven that the dishwasher was installed incorrectly. At first the insurance company said they were looking into it. Then I was told they had no mold coverage!

We did not live in our home for 9 months! I begged for help. The insurance companies would not pay for the damage they caused! They jerked my family around and are still jerking us around! It is now 5 years later. We filed a lawsuit, and at mediation (2 days ago - November 8, 2022) a lawyer, Michael **, stood on behalf of Home Depot and Temco. **, et al. v. HOME DEPOT, U.S.A., et al. ADRS Case No. 22-5458-BAB.

Again, we are still being given the runaround. Our expenses have not been paid! Home Depot DOES NOT take care of their customers! Is Home Depot's Corporate office aware of what is happening to their customers? Have you (HOME DEPOT) been in contact with the lawyer, Michael **, who is representing Home Depot and Temco? CUSTOMERS...GO ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HOME DEPOT FOR BUSINESS AND YOUR SANITY!

Unsatisfied Customer,

Dolores **

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

If only I could give a zero rating. If only I could give a zero rating. You are truly better off with Best Buy or some other companies that have their customers' best interest at heart. Sometime in October, 2022 I made a purchase of over $8,000 worth of items and one of those is a dishwasher. On their initial delivery, the dishwasher was really messed up that they had to returned it for a new one. Forward 10 days later they brought and installed the new one but refused to take the old one with them even though I paid for that extra service (even the service from the delivery & installation guys was really bad too). I called Home Depot and was told that I didn't purchase for that extra service for them to take the old dishwasher with. I was literally going back and forth with the sales person telling her that I purchased the service and that someone must have dropped the ball and forgot to include in my purchase.

I asked if there was someone else to speak with to which she said there is nothing that could be done except transfer me to the store that I purchased the appliances; then perhaps they may (not guaranteed) send someone to pick it up; mind you I spend all that money. The least she could have said was that someone must have forgotten to charge me or what have you for the service and that they will try to do it right. NOPE! I wish I could return everything I purchase but they don't accept returns. I just will NEVER EVER buy from Home Depot again. The only thing they care about is your money!!! Even the guys that delivered my purchase were rather unfriendly!! Date of experience: November 09, 2022.

Home Depot author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

Home Depot Appliances Company Information