Home Depot Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 10, 2022

My new washer and dryer was delivered on Saturday. One delivery man broke my PCV water pipe with a pair of channel locks. Then said it was already broken, yet water didn't start flooding my house until he broke the pipe. Next the washer fell off the dolly and got scratched up pretty bad. They had the nerve to say, "I guess you don't want it after you saw it fall off the dolly". They called their supervisor at RAS Logistics in Gray TN. They said the supervisor would be calling me to send out a person to repair the pipe they broke and to also let me know when I would get another washer. This is now Monday evening and they have yet to contact me.

They know my water is turned off and apparently they could care less. Also, I have no idea if I will get my washing machine, or if they have ripped me off. I advise everyone reading this to go to Lowe's, at least their delivery people are careful and courteous. I say this because 2 days before my nightmare with RAS Logistics and Home Depot, I was delivered a refrigerator from Lowe's. No scratches and no broken pipe. I regret doing business with Home Depot and their delivery people at RAS Logistics.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I have been a loyal customer of Home Depot for many years now. However, I found out the hard way that they no longer prioritize customer satisfaction when it comes to delivering home appliances. I recently ordered a dishwasher to replace an existing one (exactly the same make and model as my current one). I have had changed quite a few dishwasher over the years, their lifetime is limited.

However, Home Depot has recently started using Temco, a piece of garbage company, for delivery and installation. The incompetent and lazy deliveries guys didn't even bother bringing the dishwasher into the house and made excuses they cannot do the installation due to size issues. When I showed them that the exact same model was installed by Home Depot few years back, they just laughed and said to call home depot to cancel the order. I was dumbfounded at this experience. I have a huge issue now with home depot and would be wary of getting anything from them due to their poor choice of delivery and installation partners.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

We ordered a refrigerator, had to wait a month for delivery. When it was finally delivered it was damaged. Was advised to call customer service, which we did, They advised to call Samsung customer service, which we did. We agreed on a compensation, we have never received it - a month after the item was delivered. Samsung says to now contact Home Depot. We did and was advised it's not their problem and nothing they can do. And was advised that the refrigerators are junk. Hmm not advised prior to purchasing.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I bought a new gas range from Whirlpool from Home Depot Online (Order **); The range was delivered on time but the technician who installed only tested the burners and not the oven. When I used it for the first time, there was a strong smell of gas and the temperature never rose above 100 degrees. I called Home Depot after 5 days to report the bad installation and lack of quality assurance, but they only cover issues reported <48 hours, and asked me to contact Whirlpool. Really... A $1000 purchase and it's up to me to figure out with Whirlpool what is the problem and get this fixed. Whirlpool client service is even worse but I did not buy from Whirlpool... Home Depot will abandon you! You are on your own, beware... It's actually like Amazon though you often get 30 days warranty with Amazon, only 2 days with Home Depot.

Original review: April 9, 2022

We ordered a Samsung washer and dryer from Home Depot and the installation was today. Two guys came and before the install, complained that the new hose to the dryer was not long and so we will have to use the old one. I said no because the old hose was ripped and did need to be replaced. I figured it was just an excuse because when I put my foot down, they magically got the new one working.

Once the washer and dryer were installed, the one guy ran both the washer and dryer and asked me to leave it on for a cycle. No clothes were tested at that time and he insisted it was fine. Later when I tried to do a load, I realized the water was not turned on!! When I call the guy l, he says it’s the weekend and I have to wait until Monday or I could call Home Depot. I did call Home Depot and an equally agonizing experience. These guys hire contractors who do half-hearted jobs and they have no control over them. The customer service’s best response was “we can send someone in on the 14th” get this? 7 days later for someone to come in and turn the water back on!! Outright callousness, high-handedness and the poorest of poor customer service all around!! Do not use Home Depot if you can help it!! Date: 04/08/2022: installation area Aurora, IL. Contractors from Chicago!

Original review: April 3, 2022

We had a refrigerator, stove and microwave delivered to be installed. The people could not install a microwave, the stove was left for us to pipe in the propane and they said the refrigerator was in. The minute we turned the water line on for ice and water it sprayed everywhere since they never hooked the water lines together. Hook up a water hose, it's that simple. Whoever they used as a contractor was unacceptable and unless you want to hire another team on top of the cost of the people they've already sent, do not use Home Depot. We are more than willing to show the receipts in order to keep people safe from this atrocity. Unfortunately we were not given the business cards from the contractors involved even though they were asked.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I bought a dishwasher and was given a delivery date. The day before the delivery date they canceled and gave me a new date. I sat at home the entire day and no show later found out they forgot to put it on the truck. So when I called the delivery company told me it would be a week away, was there next delivery date, when I asked to talk to a manager she came back and said I could have the day after tomorrow. The day before they called and told me 12-4pm. At 5 pm I called Lowe's and asked the sales person if they had that model. He looked it up and told that it was on sale ($100 less) and they could deliver it on 2 days. I bought it and canceled the one from Home Depot and I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot

Original review: March 25, 2022

The crew arrived within the delivery window promised, but told me that, because I hadn't ordered the required cord and dryer duct, (I was never told I needed them) they were just going to leave the dryer without hooking it up. (It's important to know the stackable washer-dryer goes in a small closet with just enough room, so getting behind once they are placed is impossible.)

The crew told me that I would need to pay $60, and that I could give the money to them. I called Home Depot to confirm this, and the delivery guy told me I could just pay online. They got it all hooked up, started both machines and left, and after they were gone I saw they didn't turn on the water BEHIND THE MACHINES! So I couldn't use the washing machine. I immediately called the main line and they told me I would have to wait another three days for anyone to call back. Additionally, they used the old dryer duct hose. So I hired two guys from the local day laborer center and did it all myself. Never again with Home Depot.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Bought a full set of appliances from Home Depot-Microwave, Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Washer/Dryer. The wait time was expected but we were told we would receive a call the day before with a time window. That did not happen. The day before our scheduled delivery, we paid someone to remove the old appliances, re-measure the doors, take off doors, clean and prepare all of appliance areas and clear the passage ways to respect the time and position of the delivery people. This prep meant having the door to the garage off the hinges, cooling the garage!!! We wanted the process to be as easy for the delivery people as possible because we RESPECT the job they have.

I reached out when we didn't get a call the day before and was told the system was "having issues" so no time could be given. I reached out again at 6:30 the morning of delivery, same story but I was assured I was number 9 on the schedule, probably the afternoon, and the driver would call me thirty minutes out, that didn't happen and I was not home. No call, no text, no e-mail. After two hours on the phone, no resolution, I would have to wait but they were going to be gracious about it and deliver the next day! At 1:30 in the afternoon, all drivers had left for the day??? and there was nothing anyone could do.

The manager I spoke to after being hung-up on three times was rude and disrespectful, actually called me a liar and expected me to be grateful they could reschedule me for the next day. I will say, the problem solving people I spoke to were very professional and did try to assist me. I will not use Home Depot for anything in the future. I did everything and more than was expected of me and I am VERY DISAPPOINTED in the customer "service" I didn't get. I wish I had paid a little more and used the local shop for our large purchase. Lesson learned, when we replace all of the flooring, and three bathrooms, we will NOT be purchasing anything from this store.

Original review: March 20, 2022

Had to have them several times come to house to install. First guy didn’t even know how to drive the truck. Wanted to leave my appliances at bottom of my driveway and leave. Someone beat my dryer up. Had to get another. Wait 2 more weeks. Then when they install doesn’t work. Didn’t hook up to vent on exterior correctly. Or simply cut the sheet metal insert down. Just pushed in out my house by 8” and turn it upside down to catch rain in it. A simple pair of metal cutters or snips would have done it. Hire uneducated non construction or appliance installers. Job so bad and unprofessional I will no longer buy any appliances from Home Depot. I buy 6-10 refrigerators, stove and microwave combos every other year for my rentals. Nope if I could give them a negative number I would.

Home Depot author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

Home Depot Appliances Company Information