Home Depot Appliances

Need an appliance store?

Home Depot Appliances

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

923 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We bought a kitchen suite of LG appliances during the Fourth of July appliance sale which had 24 months of no finance charges for a house we were renovating. When asked if they would hold our order until we could arrange delivery they said it would be no problem. When we finally tried to arrange delivery the order had been cancelled a week before scheduled delivery without any notice. Home Depot refuses to accept any responsibility or accountability for the cancellation. Now we have to try and get our money back for appliances that were never delivered. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere for your appliances.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I ordered a washer 3 weeks ago and when the delivery truck arrived (1 hour after the 'window') the top hinge on the washer door was completely broken (did the machine leave the warehouse in this condition - good question). I refused to accept the damaged washer and was informed by the delivery person that they would be expedite the replacement the washer and I would be contacted by from someone from the delivery service. Since no one called me, (as was promised by the delivery driver), I contacted Home Depot to check on the order status.

I was told that the order was canceled (based on the false info provided by the delivery person?) and I will need to start the order process all over again. Why is Home Depot not assuming responsibility for attempting to fill my order with a damaged machine and delivering the washer I ordered in perfect condition? They are requiring me to start all over again because of their failure.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchasing through Home Depot was the absolute worst shopping experience I have ever had. It took them 2 months to deliver half of my purchase and it only happened because I called and complained about the delivery date change. When the fridge and stove finally came, the delivery company did not have the installation kit we paid for. The delivery company refused to send the kit and to let us come pick it up. The delivery team used a kit from another customer to install it for us, thankfully. The dispatcher told them to "just leave and let them be angry". She was on speaker, so we heard it.

Today, the microwave was delivered. It's raining and I asked the 2 delivery guys to remove their shoes. They told me they were not allowed to. They also refused to install the microwave because the 1" of backsplash would be behind it. As I write this, I am on the phone with Home Depot, 15 minutes and counting, trying to receive a refund for the microwave not installed. The delivery company chosen by Home Depot is extremely unprofessional. Both parties are to blame and we will never make another purchase there again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We ordered 3 major kitchen appliances (refrigerator, gas range & dishwasher) from Home Depot. They charged our card immediately, but was a month out from actually delivering the products. The delivery company they contract with were on their FOURTH attempt to get these products to us (first time the driver wouldn't get out of the truck because he didn't want to get his shoes dirty, the second attempt they were going to be so late that our builder had to allow his crew to leave after waiting all day before they could get there and the third attempt, the truck broke down).

On the FOURTH delivery attempt, I was so fed up that I canceled the order altogether in favor of a local appliance center. NINE DAYS after the cancellation, I still have not received my refund when they had promised it within 5-7 days, and in fact, got a random call from the delivery company stating that they were attempting another delivery! Home Depot never even bothered to notify the delivery company that the order had been canceled! This ended up in delaying my refund for another 72 hours when they had had my money now for nearly TWO MONTHS without me having received a thing! I would NEVER recommend using Home Depot for purchasing appliances to anyone!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

A sub contractor from Springfield Missouri installed a new dishwasher. The unit list power after 4 days. I took bottom floor cover off and saw junction box hanging down and hot wires disconnected. The wire connector was laying in floor under dishwasher. Junction box had not been mounted back. Checking other connectors the ground wire connector fell off. I rewired it all. When dishwasher was mounted only one side bracket was used. Old dishwasher was mounted with fasteners under granite counter on top and flush mounted. This one stuck out 3 inches. So now I will have to remount to underside of counter so it will be flush with cabinets. Good thing my house didn't burn down or someone didn't get shocked. Always had good service with Home Depot but installation subcontractor out of Springfield Missouri totally missed the mark.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am sharing our horrible experience about the appliance delivery company that is used by The Waterford, CT store. As a brief synopsis this is what occurred: On November 30, 2019 we purchased a stove and refrigerator from the store. We scheduled delivery on for Saturday, January 5th. On Friday January 4th, the delivery company notified us that truck broke down and delivery couldn’t occur on Saturday. January 5th. Delivery company offered us Tuesday, January 8th or Saturday, January 12th from 8am–11am. We chose Saturday.

On Friday January 11th, delivery company called and said that they could not deliver until 4-8pm on the 12th. We took this time as the delivery company was not flexible and we needed a fridge since our old one was disposed of. What complicated matters, was the fact that we were scheduled to leave on a flight to bring our daughter back to college that evening. However we moved the flight to the following day, as we needed the fridge.

On the afternoon of Saturday, January 12th. My wife called Home Depot to explain how upset we were about this. At this time the Assistant Store Manager looked into the system and explained to us that the delivery company was not going to deliver today because they could not locate our refrigerator! They also noted in the system that they called us to inform us that a delivery would not occur. This is an outright lie! Now at this time, after spending over $4,000 at Home Depot, canceling and rebooking a flight to wait for delivery that never occurred, we are still without our appliances. We are so disgusted and angry about our purchase at Home Depot!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We purchased a GE Dishwasher from our local Home Depot. We then were told that they will install and remove the old dishwasher. We paid extra for this service of installation, along with an extended warranty. Upon the day that it was to be installed, the two men came in a large truck that was not marked with Home Depot on it. We found out why. They told us that they will NOT disconnect, nor could we. Also, we stated that we would shut off the water fully to the house. They said that COULD NOT be done.

We told them we are the homeowners and we could do that. They stated It had to be done at the connection for the dishwasher. We then asked about disconnecting the hoses and reconnecting them. Again we were told they would not do that. They said that they would talk to their person, and we then were given the phone. That women on the phone stated that everything had to be done before they got there. They would not do any disconnecting or reconnecting.

The two men were only interested in talking between each other in Spanish. That to us is very rude as we do not understand what they were saying. The one thing we did understand one of the men was more interested on was one of the females. It was then told to us that they are only WAREHOUSE men. NOT INSTALLERS. And that we could hire a handyman to do the removal and install. I told him that handymen are NOT licensed in this state. We said that the unit will need to go back. We called Home Depot and told them about the problems. The female from Home Depot told me to come in in about three or four days to get the refund. And my husband thought that it would be automatic since it went on our credit card that they have the paperwork for the purchase.

We were expecting a plumber or electrician since we were paying for an installation of the new dishwasher and removal of the old one. Especially, since Home Depot has people to do these things on their list. So, beware of Home Depot and their use of warehousemen that only deliver and not install. Even after paying a hefty price for the install. We had originally thought that we would also hire Home Depot personnel to take care of our interior doors and tile work that we needed to have done. After this fiasco, no way. We will NOT hire Home Depot to do anything for us.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

On 12/1/18 we paid for and purchased an Electric Stove from the New Milford, Connecticut store. Delivery was set for 12/31. We had called in contractors to remove the propane off the old stove and to run the 220 required for the new stove. This was accomplished on 12/26. We contacted the store. A new delivery date was scheduled for 12/28. On 12/27 we received a call from the delivery service confirming delivery for Friday 12/28. No delivery was made and we received no call that they would not be there.

We called the store and they apologized and assured us that delivery would be made on 12/31 in the morning. When we called to confirm that the truck was on the way we were told that it was not on the truck and the best they could do was deliver on Thursday 1/3. We now were going on a week without the ability to cook a meal. If it could have been delivered on Wednesday 1/2 we would have lived with that.

On Monday 12/31 we went to another store and were able to purchase and have installed on Wednesday 1/2 another stove. Upon purchase we called Home Depot and cancelled the original purchase. We were extremely upset with the lack of urgency by Home Depot Personnel and the lack of control that Home Depot had with its delivery service. For this reason we will never purchase another Appliance from Home Depot again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a brand set of LG washer/dryer from Home Depot in June 2018. We just moved to a new house & we are a family of 5. Paid $2,500+ for the pair. First issue, the woman who completed our order didn’t know what she was doing & failed to tell us the washer/dryer were on backorder & informed us delivery will be by end of June. After waiting 2 weeks & thinking our items were being delivered by end of June we then received an email that our item will arrive in 6 wks! Um, NO! We went to the store to complain. Store manager was unhelpful. We ordered another set that was in stock & had to wait another 10 days for that set to arrive. By this time, we had already gone 5 weeks without doing laundry. Second issue, installers arrive & install product. No issues that I was aware of.

Several weeks later, we notice lint collecting along the baseboards behind the dryer. We weren’t sure why but just cleaned it & didn’t think much about it. Our previous house was really dusty so we just figured this house was too. Several more weeks go by & we notice a lot more lint. We started to question the install & research online & found out discovered we probably had something not connected properly. Unfortunately, this was right before the holidays & we had family visiting for 4 weeks so we put off on making the call to Home Depot until the family left.

Issue 3, when we finally did call Home Depot refused to honor the shotty install saying their install contractors only guarantee their work for 30 days. Honestly, it took a lot longer for us to notice the build up of lint in only 30 days!! They were unsympathetic & not helpful. Saying we need to call a separate contractors to have it remedied as there was nothing they could do. This meant we would have to pay out of pocket to fix their issue. Issue 4: a licensed contractor came out & told us none of the dryer hoses were even connected, attached or screwed on!!! They were just placed in their locations & literally fell off when we moved the dryer. The back wall, our new machines were covered in about 1” of lint! My husband spent an hour scrubbing it all. The entire laundry room is covered in lint. Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Issue 5: the installers failed to give us the moving bolts to secure the drum of our front load washer. We now have to pay for those from a parts dealer. They also never leveled the machine so it rattled & shook violently from day 1 even on the low setting. This isn’t our first time having issues with Home Depot installers. Terrible customer service! If anything is remotely wrong with your install call them immediately.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

BUYER BEWARE: I have had the worst experience ordering GE appliances through Home Depot. After scheduling a deliver date and confirming online, the appliances did not arrive. NO call. Just NO show. After scheduling a second date which took hours on the phone to accomplish, GE called two days before the delivery date and stated the appliances I ordered a month prior where not available for the rescheduled date and not available for another month. The offered to sub appliances for available stock- took hours on the phone to figure out.

When the appliances finally arrived, turned out the dyer they subbed was incompatible washer and damaged the washer trying to set it up. They sent another dryer which was compatible, but failed to adjust door swing to match washer. When I called, I was told I was supposed to order it that way which is NOT even an option online. So, I spent hours on the phone getting passed around, given different information and dropped calls and 3 days waiting at the house for installers who obviously did not know what they were doing to complete this order.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I rejected the delivered refrigerator in the 48 hour window and am now kicked over to Whirlpool. One representative said they would order the replacement and I would receive a call the next day. I never received the call and I've since been routed all around their customer experience line with reps who profess to see no record of my call. Home Depot won't take my call as they are "too busy helping customers" and then said that only the manufacturer - Whirlpool - can assist me. The last Whirlpool rep says Home Depot should be helping since I rejected the fridge in Home Depot's 48 hour window. This is a horrible experience and I'll be going to Lowe's from now on. I am sharing this as a "buyer beware" warning. If the appliance is in good shape and no issues, you are likely good to go, but from reading the other reviews with the missing parts and issues, I would not bet on that outcome.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ordered four set of appliances about a month ago. They kept canceling and moving the delivery dates. They don’t work cooperate with customers about delivery time and date so I kept taking days off from work for every scheduled time. Either didn’t work or get my appliances. Customer services are not helpful either. They don’t even try to work with customers. The worst delivery experience and I am planning to cancel it all. Hopefully I will get my money back soon.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

No delivered and did not get my refund: I still did not get my refund. I have asked about a month and until now nothing. I complain about it again and nothing. The second time the refrigerator came damaged so I have no choice but refuse the refrigerator and I also did not get the refund for the second order too. I regret making online appliances purchases!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Below is an email I sent to Customer Service. They NEVER addressed my complaint after multiple emails and phone calls. Will never shop there again. We purchased a Maytag dishwasher from Home Depot on 9/1/18 (order # **). On the evening before our delivery date, we received a call with a delivery window of 3 pm to 7 pm the next day. My husband made arrangements with work so he could be home. He was there for the entire time. Finally, at 7:25 while I was at an evening class, I got a call that they were 30 minutes out. I told him that they were outside of the window and no one was home. My husband had left the house to grab a late dinner.

Several days later, we were contacted with another delivery window. Again, my husband made arrangements with work to accommodate the delivery window. When they arrived the next day, the dishwasher was damaged. My husband was very displeased as he is in sales and was losing income for every moment he had to be home to accommodate the delivery/installation of the dishwasher. He was told that Maytag would be contacting him. He asked that Maytag call HIS number as I cannot be disturbed at work, and all scheduling would need to be according to his schedule. Apparently, that message was never relayed to the appropriate person because I was called.

When I spoke to the representative at Maytag, she stated that the dishwasher was on backorder, and we would have to wait another two weeks. She stated the delivery date would be on 10/11/18. I told her that date would not work as my husband would be out of town. I told her he would be available on 10/12/18. She said, "No problem. I will get that date set up for you". On 10/10/18, I received an automated delivery window for 10/11/18 on my voicemail. I immediately called the delivery company back and talked to a representative. I was obviously upset and told her that I needed a delivery date of 10/12/18 as that is what I told Maytag. She stated, in a rather unpleasant tone, that I could not have the date of 10/12/18. She told me that if I did not take the date of 10/11/18, then it would be another week or so before they could schedule me.

I told her to keep the date of 10/11/18. I had to get special permission from my boss to take a half day off work as they were not granting any vacation time that week due to a system upgrade. I am quite sure this will affect my work evaluation therefore affecting my annual raise. I also missed two important meetings. The dishwasher was successfully installed on 10/11/18.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

On November 27, 2018, I went into the Home Depot Store at 1471 Meadowview Road in Sacramento, CA. I purchased a Samsung refrigerator ($2,000.00 for fridge) and dishwasher at Black Friday prices. The assistant who helped me was **. Delivery was to take place on December 21st which it did. Upon arrival the refrigerator did not fit as expected into the space (I purchased 28 cubic and it stuck out way too far). I send the refrigerator back and immediately contacted MR. ** to let him know that I would not be taking delivery of the refrigerator but would like to purchase the same refrigerator but at counter depth (22 cubic).

By now the price had gone up to $2699. I was told they would not honor the Black Friday price at this point. OK, I still wanted the refrigerator so would have to bite the bullet and pay the extra money. I inquired as to whether they did competitive pricing as Costco had the same fridge for $100 less and was told they did. MR. ** informed me that he would contact me as soon as the original purchase was returned to the warehouse and credited. He did so approximately 4 days later. I told him I was ready to purchase the refrigerator at the new price. He told me to hold off and he would contact me on Thursday (Jan 3) or Friday (Jan 4) as they would be having a sale and the price would be lower. I TRUSTED HIM! BIG MISTAKE!!!

I did not hear from MR. ** so I went online to check on the new price. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the refrigerator was now $3,299!!! I tried to contact him and he would not take my calls. I then called and spoke to a manager who told me "I DON'T KNOW WHY HE WOULD HAVE DONE THAT. HE SHOULDN'T HAVE. SO SORRY, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT." I was livid!!! Since he didn't return my calls, I went into the store to face him. His response "miscalculation on my part" and proceeded to be very rude. In other words too darn bad.

I will never purchase another item from Home Depot (which I was previously frequently a few times a month at least). I would not purchase as much as a light bulb from these dishonorable people if it were the only place in the world that sold them!!! I WOULD RATHER BURN CANDLES AND COOK OVER AN SPIT IN THE BACKYARD!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A WASHER/DRYER FOR ELEVEN WEEKS. Our first call for service repair was placed on 10/31, a Wednesday; the product stopped working two days before. I have documented the dates for each visit and the number of parts replaced, a total of three parts replaced, each on separate visits. The washer/dryer unit has been used for 11 months before it stopped working. Asurion is scheduled to return for the eighth time to see if they can fix it. I paid in full for my product and my five-year warranty but do not have a product that works, for going on three months now. It seems to go against basic consumer law protection rights.

It feels dishonest and seems to be an illegal practice of classifying a visit as diagnostic vs service and reissuing new case numbers to get around the lemon law clause which states after three attempts to repair it will be replaced if not repaired. We have already had seven separate visits to our home - requiring 6 hours of time off from work for each visit. Asurion-Home Depot Warranty Service company has been to our home seven times out of nine scheduled appointments, we are on our fourth case number for the same product. Home Depot, San Carlos CA states that Asurion has only "serviced" our washer/dryer two times and diagnosed it three times. What are the missing two visits classified as that are not being accounted for? At this point, I do not want this product. I have requested a full refund for the product and for the warranty, twice now.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I order a washer November 19 to take advantage of a sale that was going on. Regardless, the machine was nearly $1,300 and the delivery date was two weeks out. They brought a broken washer, so we rescheduled. There was a snow day, so we rescheduled. They brought another broken washer, so we rescheduled. They went to the wrong house, so we rescheduled. They refused to deliver it because there was an inch of sitting water at the bottom of the old washer and they said it will be too heavy to move it. I am 5 foot 3 inches, barely 120 pounds and I was able to move it just fine. These were two grown men. This was January 3rd. Home Depot's reply: "well we only contracted one delivery service in the Raleigh (NC) area so there's nothing we can do about it."

I replied, "What is the normal procedure for this company to compensate for five days of my life?" Five days of not being at work earning money. The reply: "$100 maybe $150 if we really push it." As any good business knows, you include the cost of labor and shipping into the price of your product. Can it be true that Home Depot only pays this crappy company $100 for each delivery? The delivery service failed to do their job and Home Depot failed to take responsibility for their actions (or lack thereof). This happened to me once years ago, but I didn't write a review because I took the broken product out of desperation. Home Depot appliances are horrible, worthless, and a waste of time. Don't give them your money!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Ordered a range, picked a date for delivery. Obtained several emails and texts confirming the date. The night before, I got a text confirming the 4 hr delivery window. I worked from home and paid a ton to a plumber to disconnect my old gas range. HOWEVER, they never delivered or even notified me. When I called, I was told it was still a week away! Had to pay a ton more to reconnect the old stove back in. WHAT A JOKE OF A DELIVERY SYSTEM!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Ordered a washing machine on 12/22 to be delivered today, 1/03/19. I got a robot call yesterday confirming delivery time 1-5. This morning a text showing delivery 2-6. I checked tracking and see 6 customers in front of me. I noticed that the address is listed as a state highway instead of Farm to Market Rd. I called the Home Delivery Support and spoke to Rosanna. She said I would be placed on hold for a moment. Seventeen minutes later she said she is having system problems. I tell her about the address. She placed me on hold again to contact delivery driver. Driver said he can't change delivery address. Rosanna stated that Home Depot is at fault. I called the person who sold me the washer. He blames Texas Department of Transportation for the address problem. He is supposed to contact delivery and get back with me. I have not heard anything in an hour now. I am going to get a refund and go purchase from Sears where I can pick it up today!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I placed an order for five appliances on 11/23/2018. One of the appliances was on backorder, so I opted to take delivery on 1/2/2019. I received notice that my delivery window was 1-5 pm and got all of my old appliances ready for haul away. I received a phone call at 2:15 pm letting me know that my delivery window was being pushed back to 4-6:30 pm because they were running behind. No problem. We waited and waited, no one showed up and I didn’t get a call. I figured no one was coming, which was aggravating since the delivery company’s office was closed and I would need to take another day off work, but I was shocked to see them finally pull up at 8:30 pm.

They spent 2 HOURS getting the fridge put together/brought in. Then, at 10:30 pm, they tell me that they gave me the WRONG FRIDGE and they need to remove it and start over. AT 10:30 PM! It was the correct model number but they had grabbed another customer’s box from the truck. So back outside it went. We asked if they could come back tomorrow since we were starting over from scratch now at 10:30 pm. We had toddlers sleeping, neighbors who have young kids, and we work early in the morning. We were told that was not an option, that since they were here we had to take delivery. Feeling like we had no choice, we continued on.

Finally, all of the new appliances were in our home and all of the old were in their truck at 11:45 pm. Mind you, they didn’t install anything even though they were supposed to. We mentioned it but they refused, saying that we could get a refund on installation. I know they were exhausted and wanted to get home. And frankly, I wanted them out of my house so I could go to bed. But now we have to install 5 appliances ourselves. The whole experience was a complete nightmare and I will NEVER EVER purchase another appliance from Home Depot again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We purchased a new washing machine back in August. It was delivered on August 31. After the installers left, our basement was filled with several inches of water into three rooms. When trying to contact the delivery company who installed, they denied that they even installed it. We even had paperwork saying they checked for leaks before they left. They did not hook up the drain hose correctly. So when the rent cycle took place that is when the leak occurred after they left. It took over four months for them to finally take responsibility and pay for the water damage after many calls emails etc. I would never order another appliance from Home Depot that needs to be installed again. They should get rid of that delivery company.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The delivery process has been a nightmare. I was trying to arrange a delivery for a family with a baby and of course to keep milk and food a fridge is needed. I set for a call ahead. While in the restroom an unmarked number called. Left no VM. I called back and there was no name so I was unsure if it was the delivery company. I called again and left a VM for them to call as the home was vacant and I need to be there to let them in. I then called the 1800# to confirm if it was the delivery team.

After being on hold for 8 minutes my call was disconnected. Then I called back and was told it was not the delivery team. So I wait for my call as I live about 20 minutes away and wanted to meet them at the vacant home to accept the unit. I then get a call from an annoyed lady that the delivery team is at house waiting and have been for 15 minutes and they will not wait. Home Depot takes no responsibility for telling me it was not them. I then call to reschedule and am told January 2nd will be the new date. So the family that is moving in has to reschedule their move as they will be without a fridge. I did not get a call for the window. So I call this morning. I am then told delivery will be the 4th of Jan. I am livid as I just spoke with them and now was told an incorrect date. So this family again cannot move into the home.

When I ask for the recording of the call they refuse to give it to me. When I ask for them to add a truck for today or make an accommodation for the day they told me they refuse. They have no responsibility and they are not held accountable for their actions. Home Depot needs to step in and make changes or find a new delivery company. I was appalled at the lack of customer service and paying customers should not be treated this way. The employees do not seem to care about the lives they affect and something needs to change. Companies that run like this should not be in business.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

One of the delivery guys was very rude, refused to take off shoes, did not install the washer (I installed it myself later - the Home Depot site should do a better job of notifying if installation is included or not). Also for some reason they insisted on taking my old rubber hose, they said that instead they are leaving the plastic one - I was not home at the moment, my wife was present, she did not know they were not supposed to take the old rubber hose and was disappointed by their rudeness so did not want to argue. I paid $20 for hauling away the old washer, so it should be up to me if I want keep the old how or not, right? Return my old hose!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I ordered a Whirlpool refrigerator on 11/24 and was set to be delivered on 12/20. It was delivered by two men who must be the nastiest people I’ve ever encountered. They called me ** in my own home because they didnt like how my refrigerator looked in my home. They said it in Spanish thinking I wouldnt understand what it meant. The second guy stunk up my house with the smell of vodka. Once I got them out of my house I thought that would be the end of the offensive inconveniences. The refrigerator never got cold, in fact, it was hot inside. Called Home Depot and they said the soonest they could send someone out was on CHRISTMAS EVE. I had family flying in for Christmas at my house- long story short we all spent a bunch of money to be eating out the whole time they were in town.

Repairman said that half the internal parts were missing. He would order and come back to fix it. It's now been about a week and I haven't heard anything. No refrigerator- no word- ruined the holidays- horrible experience. Oh, and when I called to make a note that this happened in their 48 hour window they said they logged it. Called back later and they me there is no note that this happened and they never sent anyone out. Then who came to my house on Christmas eve. It's blatant lying To keep the money and not have to spend more to deal with this situation. They say no returns on appliances but this is more like a large steel box taking up space. RIDICULOUS. I believe there's some sort of scam or fraud happening here.

Coincidence that everyone here has reviewed with 1 star. Some not even getting their appliance? Who else has had their claim seemingly erased from the system? I'm going to fight for a full refund. I’d be willing to bet there's a large wave of pissed customers coming to serve Home Depot with justice. Just curious from a legal perspective, at what point is theft, theft? Because this is certainly what it feels like and what it sounds like from others' experience too.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I forgot the name of the company Home Depot uses for delivery. They were awful. I would urge people to shop at Lowe's because I'm sure whoever delivers their appliances has to be better. Company did not switch dryer doors as promised by Home Depot. The strip on the bottom of the refrigerator was not even put on! I'm really not making this up. Unbelievable. A visitor to my home pointed out that the freezer door was not installed correctly. I would have not complained if the company attempted to correct their mistake or if Home Depot contacted them but they did not. No resolution so far but because I'm a single older woman my son is going to deal with Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator for $3127 from Home Depot online on Dec 12/2018. I was told I would be called about delivery, this never happened. I was just checking my account with Home Depot online and found that my new appliance would be delivered on 12/19/18 between 230 and 630 pm. I finally got a call from the truck driver at 914 pm saying the truck broke down. On 12/20/18 my account again said my refrigerator was on the truck and would be delivered between 230 and 630 pm again. On that day they never even called me.

On 12/21/18 I was called and Kim from Daryl's Flood Logistics said that she didn't know what happened to my delivery from the day before. So I asked if it would be delivered that day 12/21/18 and she said that the truck wasn't coming my direction that day and that it would probably be after Christmas when it would be rescheduled. Now tell me that you would think that was a good idea. I am retired disabled veteran that has spent over $75,000 at my local and online Home Depot in the last three years since I purchased my new home here in Lake City Fl. In the future if I can't carry it in my vehicle I will not purchase it from Home Depot. This has been a terrible experience for me and my family. I had wanted my wife of 38 years to have the refrigerator before Christmas but doesn't look like she will get it until I can find it being sold from the floor of a local appliance store. This has been a really bad experience from me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered a dishwasher on December 3rd for delivery on December 22nd. I thought that was awful enough, but I was willing to wait. December 22nd rolls around and I was given a delivery time between 10:30 and 2:30. No one shows up. At 3:00 I call and my appliance was never on the truck. The next available time is December 26th. I go to Home Depot and speak to a very nice lady, but there is nothing she can do. They use JB HUNT and they are now closed. I did not buy a dishwasher for fun. I bought one because mine no longer works! I will never trust Home Depot with another appliance purchase.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered appliances on Nov 23rd to be delivered on Dec 15th. Dec 14th I received an email stating I would receive a call to give me the delivery window for the 15th. I did not receive the call. I waited and contacted Home Depot the morning of my delivery only to be told 1 of my items was on back order so the delivery has been rescheduled for Dec 22nd. I received 3 more emails and a text on Dec 15th to tell me my delivery was scheduled for the 15th.

Dec 21st. Once again I receive an email stating my order will be delivered on Dec 15th. I call again and am told I will receive a call later in the day to give me my delivery window for the 22nd. The call did not come. I once again called to find out what is going on, and told again that now both of my appliances are on back order and are rescheduled to Dec 28th!! By now I am furious and received no prior notice of any back order. Yet I am still receiving emails that my delivery is scheduled for Dec 15th!! Enough is enough. I cancelled the order and will never shop at Home Depot again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I highly urge anyone in need of an appliance to NOT purchase it from Home Depot. We paid for a BOSCH 300 series dishwasher, model #SHEM63W55N. It was ordered on Nov. 30, 2018. We were given a shipment date of December 21, 2018. We patiently waited, called and confirmed the shipment date the day before and we were given a window of time of which to await delivery. The delivery never came. Not only did it not come, but they changed the delivery date and time twice on the day it was supposed to be delivered pushing it out further and further without ever contacting us.

The delivery company contacted by Home Depot, does not know where the dishwasher is and claim they never received it, the manufacturer claims they already delivered it to the company contracted to deliver to us through Home Depot. And we still have no idea where our dishwasher is and Home Depot claims their hands are tied. We are so disappointed with all three of these companies. Most of all Home Depot, who should not contract with such a delivery company that loses products that have been promised and paid for.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I wish I would have read these reviews before my Samsung purchase at HD. Was supposed to have my appliances delivered tomorrow, but hadn't heard a thing, so called them and was told that our new delivery date is January 8th?!? They never called to let me know, and they never bothered to see if the new date worked with our schedule. We had already made arrangements to be here tomorrow for the delivery. Now, I'm worried we still won't get them on the new date, after reading others' experiences. I'm so disappointed.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs