1.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Home Depot Appliances

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

630 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Do not fall in love with the Home Depot protection plan. This is totally a scam and ripped off. The deal is good as long as nothing happens to the item that you bought the protection for. As soon as you face the problem they come up with so many freaking nonsense reasons to avoid helping you and they chose non qualify contractors which they are not professional and eventually create more problem instead of fixing anything. Bottom line it's not worth your time and in the end, you have to go and buy the new one since they are going to keep passing you around until you get tired and say screw all that crap.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Home Depot gave me a 1:45 to 5:45 pm window for delivery. The delivery crew was going to call 1/2 hour before they arrive. At 5:15 I call the delivery team and they told me the crew is running late but they are still coming. I called at 6:15 and I was told they can't give me a delivery time but they will call me 1/2 hour before they come. I called at 7:15, again they are still coming. At 8 pm I called and was told October is a busy time for deliveries, the crew went home! Really? Are you kidding me? They never called. The delivery company wanted to set another time for delivery and I asked "are you going to show up?"

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Purchased a LG washer and dryer on the 14th of September from the South Portland, Maine Home Depot. We had shopped at both Lowe's and Sears and decided on a pair from LG. We went to Home Depot and their appliance salesperson Mr. ** assured us they would meet the Sears price and confirmed the price via the internet. He give us a delivery date better than Sears so we decided to buy from Home Depot. I wish I would have read the Consumer Reviews prior to making my purchase! HD is disorganized, inexperienced and totally lacking in concern for their appliance customers. They don't meet their promised delivery dates, they don't follow through on any aspect of the sale, they don't return phone calls, they promise to call but don't and continue to make promises they don't keep.

They promised the delivery now for October 6th, 17 days after their first promise date. Contacted the store Manager, who was obviously calloused by numerous other consumer issues. He blamed the problem on the manufacturer and took no responsibility for the lack of returned phone calls and follow up by his staff. He said there was nothing he could do and offered no remorse or apologies. HD should not be selling appliances. SAVE YOURSELF A LOAD OF GRIEF, SHOP AT LOWE'S OR SEARS. They know the business and they deliver on their promises.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

The Home Depot have been holding my money since Sept. 12. I never received the appliance due to their inept communication. Still waiting on my money to be returned. I called today and they have to get numbers or something. Call back in 72 hours... WHAT!!! It's my money. How dare they. Supposed to be 5 days, now been 3 weeks. I will never shop Home Depot again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Purchased a dryer on 09/09/2017. Delivered was scheduled for 9/14/2017, at the time of delivery they complaint about everything, starting from the dryer not fitting on the doorway. My doorway is 27in wide the dryer is 26.7/8. When they went to check on my old dryer in the basement they continue to complain about the gas line. He stated that they are not allowed to touch any gas lines. Even though we had paid for installation. They didn't even bring down the dryer from the truck. He went on saying we have to reschedule because he didn't want to wait for us to take down the door. He also wanted to leave the dryer in the middle of my kitchen and to reschedule the haul away for the old dryer.

That same day we rescheduled for the following Thursday 9/18/17 in which I took the day off, to make sure they were going to do their job. At the same time I submitted a complain about the delivery team's attitude and given all types of excuses... What a mistake!!! First they parked their truck 1/2 block away from my house. They showed up with an attitude, telling me that they already saw the complaint I had put in and he was aware that the dryer was not going to fit on the doorway. They came with a tape measure, telling me that it will not fit. I stated many times that I have a washer and dryer already in the basement and if those were able to fit, this new dryer will also fit. He stormed out telling me that we purchased and placed the washer and dryer before the house was build.

He became aggressive with my dad, just because my dad stated that they were too lazy to do their job. He also made a comment that we will have to pay extra for bringing down the dryer. Even though we had paid for delivery and installation. He stormed out and drove away. I immediately went to Home Depot and no manager was available to speak with me. I wanted to cancelled my order and to get reimbursed. I was ask to give them a chance, that a manager will be calling me within 24 hours. 3 days have already pass and no call. Decided to go back to Home Depot to check on the status, to my surprise the dryer was cancelled on the warehouse end but none of the items were scan. That means I have to wait another 3 business day to be reimbursed. This has been a nightmare!!! Buyer beware!!! Unreliable Delivery Team!!! Poor Workers!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I was given a GE refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher as a home welcoming gift. The appliances were delivered and because the home was still under warranty the appliances stayed in the garage. I did not check the appliances as I was unaware that this needed to be done within 48 hours of delivery. I did however sign on the delivery confirmation that was not inspecting them due to the continuing construction on my home.

1 month later the appliances were installed. All went well until I unpacked the refrigerator. There was a break in the back of the box which clearly was from a forklift and sure enough the back of the refrigerator was dented. On further inspection, both sides and front were dented as well. I was told by HD that because they weren't inspected in the 48 hour delivery time frame there was nothing they could do. After many phone calls, the store where the appliances were purchased agreed to try and obtain a new front door at least for my refrigerator. Trying to get resolution on this has been unsuccessful. I'm not sure if they were just pacifying me because I am getting no response now from them. My next course of action will be to file a suit against HD in small claims court. So disappointed in HD.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. WAITED ONE MONTH WITHOUT A WORKING FRIDGE. After 4 weeks and over 8 calls with Home Depot's protection plan service, they still cannot get my fridge fixed. They simply do not care about their customers. Save yourself the trouble and time and find a third party repair service instead. Home Depot's protection plan has 1 star review even on their OWN website. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We bought a dishwasher from Home Depot with extended warranty through Comerco. We have been trying to get our dishwasher fixed for over a year now and continuously get the runaround. Home Depot says it's Comerco that is the problem and Comerco says it's Home Depot. We have spent many hours on the phone and every time we get told they will look into it and someone will call us back. Every time we call back in they give us the same message and no one will help us.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Insurance company had given a purchase number for me to pick up a refrig. I asked at the front if I could upgrade and was told no problem and directed to Jessica in appliance and asked again if I could upgrade by paying the difference in the price and told her if not I did not wish to upgrade. She told me no problem. I got to cashier and was told they had refunded the purchase price of the refrig to insurance co.

I told them they had agreed to allow me to pay the difference in price of that one and upgrade. The ass't manager said he couldn't reverse the charge as store has refunded purchase price to insurance co. credit card and I could deal with insurance co. to try to get them to reimburse me and refused to give me the refrig. insurance co. had paid for. Their error ripped me out of a refrig. Until this happen I had had excellent experience with this Home Depot, but their action was a rip-off causing me to lose a refrig. due to their error. They should have given me the refrig. and sought reimbursement from insurance co. due to their error.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had the best experience ever purchasing a new refrigerator after our current one stopped working. VERY knowledgeable people at their Attleboro location who did not focus only one brand. After a good discussion decided on a decent refrigerator. Waited during purchasing process and heard two conversations from people phoning in complaining about delivery and the people delivering. Should have walked away right then.

Delivery is a nightmare and not worth the effort. They will try again in a week, but at this time I would rather have my money back and go elsewhere. They stated between 3 and 7, and showed up three hours early. Was not ready for them. They stated they would leave since we were not ready... They were three hours early and could not wait the 5 minute for the carpenter to remove the molding??? And they even refused to allow us to speak to their supervisor. We showed them that by the time they took out the old refrigerator to their truck we would be ready for them. 5 Minutes. They refused. No wonder they can come to the house three hour early... they are obstinate and do not deliver. I am sure they get awards for their delivery time ahead of schedule, but no one looks as IF they actually deliver.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We purchase a washer and dryer 2 weeks ago. At the time of purchase the worker at Home Depot stated that we should receive our appliances by Sept.8 and we should receive a call a day before delivery. Needless to say we received no call and the rude third party delivery service showed up unannounced with my appliances and no one was home. I received a call at work from my sister saying someone was at my house. The two men would not wait five minutes for me to get home. The third party service left with my appliances and Home Depot says it was out of their control because they lease out their delivery service. Now I have piles of dirty laundry and no appliances. This makes two weeks and this matter isn't resolved yet. Consumers beware, ask questions and buy your appliances somewhere else. This has been a nightmare! Shame on you Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We purchased an LG front load washer and dryer about a year ago from Home Depot at 425 S. Val Vista Drive, Mesa, AZ. Since the purchase the clothes coming out of the washer have a stink to them. It's to the point where we either use bleach for towels or vinegar for clothes just to try to get the stink out. There's not chance of our clothes smelling fresh as they did with our GE front load machine. We had LG out several times to no avail... There's nothing wrong mechanically is what we're told. There's nothing we can do about the stink, even though Service Tech #3 acknowledged the towel had stink to it. We purchased the Home Depot warranty at the time being told "anything wrong at all...we'll take it back", "no hassle". So after about 3 months of this, we called Home Depot. We had to go through LG for the first year before Home Depot would even talk to us.

So, a year with stinky clothes. Now we're out of the LG service period, Home Depot continues to drag their feet on honoring their "no hassle" warranty. They set up an appointment for a service call on Friday. No show. Then another one was set today. This person has now told me we should only be washing 6 towels in the load at a time. Wow... That didn't come with the manual. We run about 8 loads a month at the very most. I am running the clean cycle regularly every single month. We are emptying the filter every month. We should not have this problem. I'm also now being told by the 4th tech that's come by for the dryer that doesn't dry properly that we have to pull it off the wall every month and clean out the back... NOT IN THE MANUAL. We do not have access space for this in our laundry room. We have recently discovered the washer seems to work half way ok if you use the bulk load setting, but what good is that with saving water?

The dryer also seems to work half way ok if you don't use the auto sensor drying mode. If these modes aren't functional then LG shouldn't fabricate a machine with those settings. The biggest complaint here is with Home Depot at 425 S. Val Vista Drive in Mesa, AZ and the way they've handled this "no hassle" warranty they sold us. For over a year we've been fighting this. This is far from no hassle. We have yet another call into the general manager. Meanwhile, I had to run a load of shirts twice this weekend to get them to come out semi-non-stinky.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I purchased an LG refrigerator in Jan. 2011, cost $2300. Also purchased extended warranty for $209. Sept. 5, 2017 the compressor went and now I am stuck with a refrigerator that could be fixed but there is not a repair person in a 3 state area that will touch LG's. After dealing with LG, with no luck, I went to Home Depot, where I purchased the refrigerator. I explained the situation and the appliance department manager said that they have had complaints regarding the LG refrigerators and no one to repair them. I asked why, if they are aware of this, are they still selling LG's and the extended warranty.

To me this is consumer fraud. Why are they being allowed to sell a product and warranties, for them, knowing full well that no one will repair them and getting parts out of Korea is impossible. I realize Home Depot is a box store but $2300 for a refrigerator and $209 for an extended warranty is not a small amount of money, at least to me. I feel something needs to be done so Home Depot cannot sell this product any longer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

We purchased a GE refrigerator from Home Depot and they were to deliver it on Friday, September 1, 2017. We were called several times to inform us of a time for delivery so we stayed home because they said it would be delivered between 7 and 8 pm. Approximately at 7:30 we got a phone call and they said they were at our mail box at the end of our road. We could hardly understand what they were saying. We told them we lived at the end of the road and they would come right in our driveway. They said, "No, too wet" and we told them to stay there and we would come show them where we lived. So we met them at the mailboxes and they thought we were going to load the refrigerator in our truck (two senior citizens). So they opened the back of their truck and every appliances were soaking wet and the boxes were falling off of them. So we told them just to take it back, we didn't want it.

We came back to the house and called Home Depot and they said someone would get back with us in 24 to 48 hours to cancel out the order. Never heard from anyone so we called them back on Thursday, September 7, said they were still waiting for a return number from the vendor. Today is September 9 and still have not heard from anyone. When it comes to large appliances, make up your own mind. Do you think this is where you want to shop?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

The initial purchase (July 9th) seemed okay, except told the refrigerator was not in stock (back order). Okay, no problem, but I had to selected a delivery date for something not in stock (Aug 13th). Again, no problem because told once in stock, I could change delivery date. The initial sales associate called me with a date that was soon approaching (Aug 4th). Great, I thought. Got an auto link the night before (Aug 3rd) stating my 4 hr window for delivery. Took a drive to where I was having fridge delivered, only to get a call from Home Depot’s contracted delivery service that they were NOT going to deliver my fridge because LG had not delivered it to them. So I called the HD Pleasanton location of purchase and that is where I got the run around.

Not only did I have to speak to 4 different managers 1 store manager, I was told that I - yes I could call their contracted delivery service to see what was happening or call LG since they didn't like dealing with orders that were made in their store to be delivered to another region of California (my order was going to San Bernardino County). It took several/numerous telephone calls to finally get someone to locate and reschedule my delivery. (Aug 10th) is what I was told by the HD manager. Nothing was delivered. Again, no communication between departments and LG said they would deliver my fridge on (Aug 13th) - the original date that was set up on date of purchase when the appliance was on back order. So the refrigerator was finally delivery, and guess what: IT WAS DEFECTIVE. I had to wait another week and finally on (Aug 19th) LG delivered my refrigerator.

I was told LG would give me a check for $100 for my inconvenience but that hasn't arrived. Home Depot offered $100 and ultimately gave me $250 but the entire ordeal was done without compassion for me as a long time Home Depot customer. HD took no responsibility to assist me when I had a problem. Everyone passed the buck and I the customer, had to do all the calling around and dealing with 3rd parties. If Home Depot has a contract with a delivery service (Temco) and also has a relationship with LG to sell their merchandise, and there is a problem, then it is NOT the customers’ responsibility to resolve it, it is Home Depot’s responsibility to see that their customer is satisfied. This was a sell that left me with mixed feelings, glad I finally got my merchandise, but disheartened by the way Home Depot handled the process of the sale when it was brought to their attention that there was a problem.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Hot Point Dryer - I purchased this dryer at Home Depot. I used this dryer once a week. The motor died out after only 13 months! I called and email Home Depot to find out what could be done. They asked if I purchased an extended warranty and when I said no they stopped communicating. I understand wear and tear but come on Home Depot. Stand behind your products or at least have customer service reps who are willing to help. I will NEVER purchase from Home Depot again. Terrible products and even worse customer service. Do not shop here. Do not purchase ANYTHING from this dump!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

When I bought my fridge and asked for it to be delivered I was only given two choices of days. Of the week I had to work both days and my boss did not want me to be gone then. I told her I HAD to. I could also not choose the time of the day. Home Depot called at a very inconvenient time and I had to leave work when I wasn't suppose to. Once I arrived at home the delivery people wouldn't come in my driveway. They said they couldn't fit. They didn't try and they didn't park on the street and use a dolly to bring it in. They said they would bring a smaller truck on another day. WHY DIDN'T HOME DEPOT ASK about the size of my driveway in the beginning.

That day arrived they were suppose to come in a small truck and they didn't come. They said they didn't have me in their system. So I picked another day. Meanwhile my boss is frustrated that I keep needing to take time off work at times that don't match our work schedule. I called Home Depot to ask if they could help narrow down a delivery time that would work with my schedule. I talked to Allen a manager. He was unhelpful, unfriendly, and unconcerned. He said he was very busy with other phone calls. I was polite and nice the whole time. He said there was nothing his manager Buck could do but he would have Buck call me. (This is called passing the buck!) Buck never called.

A couple days later I tried calling Buck. I was on hold forever. Buck never picked up. I left a message for Buck to call me. He never did. I tried calling Allen back. I couldn't get through. I would call at different times and at no time could I get through to either. I finally called the delivery company and told them of all the issues. The only time they could come that I wasn't working was during a funeral I was to attend. (At least they listened and tried to help me not miss work). I had to miss the funeral. After all that they didn't even come in the time window they said they would. (The drivers were fine though).

Once I FINALLY got the fridge it had a dent, a scratch, and some scuff marks on it. I bought a brand new fridge. It shouldn't come like that. I am still in the process of trying to deal with that damage. I called Home Depot about it and they said they'd call me back. I haven't heard back from them. It's only been one day so perhaps they'll call??? HOME DEPOT DOESN'T CARE!!! I had been planning to buy more appliances from them but NEVER AGAIN. If you can find a Mom and Pop store you'll be way better off.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Bought a Samsung refrigerator at the end of May while on sale. New model with all the bells and whistles, even with $1000 off sale price the total cost was over $3000. I looked over manuals, did not read word for word. It comes with a pitcher built into door with an infusion tube and automatic fill feature. I was using it for ice tea, decided it needed cleaning and put it in the dishwasher, it came out warped and I could no longer get the top on it which does not allow you to use the auto features and when the door closes the liquid splashes out. I brought the pitcher back to Home Depot about two months after the purchase to see about having it replaced. They were very helpful, said they would take care of it and would contact Samsung for me. They called the next day to tell me that Samsung said it was my fault and they would not replace the pitcher.

The manager of the appliance department at Home Depot said that they would cover it for me, but I had to call J&J parts which is the official Samsung parts dealer, order it, pay for it and Home Depot would reimburse me. I called J&J parts, found the part and was told it would cost $107 with tax and shipping, I said "We are talking about a water pitcher," "Well we have to send you all the parts that go with it, we can't just send you the pitcher." Another bad notice for Samsung. I have not received the part and therefore have not been reimbursed yet, but hopefully I will receive it and I know Home Depot will honor their part. Very disappointed in Samsung, it was a very expensive refrigerator and they should stand behind their product.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I live in a rental. The dishwasher broke. After a month of waiting already the landlord calls telling me one will be delivered on Friday. I was excited, tired of hand washing dishes. They arrived in a timely manner. Maybe that's what the one star can be for. I am very sorry to say not trying to be rude I could barely understand him. First the landlord paid for installation. So he was upset when I told him that. He kept telling me I had to call. I kept telling him I didn't order it. He had to talk to the landlord. So finally it was established it wouldn't be installed that day! Then he wants to leave it in the middle of my dining room. I finally got through to him I didn't want it there. So it was decided to put in garage. He tried to get me to sign for it. I told him I wouldn't until I looked at it. He became very angry, ripped the top off. It had a small chip of course. I told him to check with the landlord.

First he tried telling me it wasn't a chip. Then got pen all over the front trying to wipe the Chip off!!! He then got angry when I pointed that out and loaded it back on the truck. That was when I closed the garage and called it good. The landlord called about 4 days later. Now it's going to be 3 more weeks for them to redeliver!!! Oh and with Home Depot the expectation is you have the appliance kicking around your house and then and schedule installation at another time!!! WTF. The funniest thing is the landlord thinks that perfectly acceptable. Lucky for them it wasn't me they were dealing with. I would of had a few suggestions where they could shove it while we waiting for installation. I have heard nothing but horror stories about Home Depot. I would never buy a appliance from them. I will pay extra and go to a local company. Will update when I actually get to wash a dish! Lol.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Bought a very expensive fridge after much consideration June 16th. They didn't deliver until June 29th... Freezer works fine... Fridge part was at 56 degrees... Called at least 20 times and got nowhere... They said they would fix it or replace it, but no refund... 2 weeks before a technician came, but said he couldn't fix it... So another several calls, they said to call Samsung the maker. So I did, to be told only partial refund... No taxes and no extra warranty refund of 100.00 but it would take 7-10 business days to get an email with the form to fill out... Still nothing after 12 days. Making another phone call to our Attorney General for consumer protection... We'll see... Do not buy anything from them...

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Bought a new Whirlpool dishwasher Model #WDTA50SAHZ0 from Home Depot at the end of July 2017 with the extended warranty. About a week later it was delivered. Rude and poor would be the best way to describe the delivery team. I had the dishwasher installed a few days later. It powered up but the soap just puddled in the bottom and some was scattered and sprayed on some dishes. Nothing cleaned. Spent the next few days troubleshooting using the manual, the manufacturer's website and the web to see what might be the problem. I tried this with what little time I have as a business owner myself. When we realized the machine just didn't work we went to Home Depot. They handed us a brochure, circled a toll free number and told us to contact them and they'd take care of everything. When I called they told me that the extended warranty didn't apply until after the first 12 months so I had to call the manufacturer.

They gave me the number and I called. The manufacturer told me that this needed to be elevated to another team and that someone would get back to me. A couple days later someone finally did. I explained it all to them again. They said that a technician had to see the machine...that was the process, and one would call me soon to book a time. Days later a call came in from some guy to confirm the appointment for Monday (this was the Friday before!!). I had to take a half day off work to be there because of the short notice. On Monday the tech came in and said the main motor didn't work. I went to Home Depot and told them about it all and said I wanted a new machine as I had paid for new and would end up with something refurbished. They told me the manufacturer would have to refund them then they could refund us.

The following day they called us and said that that wasn't right and that we'd have to call the manufacturer and ask for a special warranty form and apply to see if we could get our money back. I have tried every way I can to get satisfaction from Home Depot. I am getting my extended warranty refunded tomorrow at their store but they said I'd have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for the manufacturer to hopefully refund me for the machine. That still leaves me out the installation charge and what has amounted to having to lose a day from my work to handle this brutal experience. Terrible product. Terrible service and no support from Home Depot. A single customer means nothing to them. The thousands I spend there every year will now go elsewhere.

I wouldn't recommend a Whirlpool product to anyone and as far as Home Depot goes I have been a loyal customer to them since they arrived in Canada. This is what that means to them... nothing. I advise anyone looking for appliances to shop around and ask about service and refund policies. I'm not sure one retail vendor is any better than the next, but I can assure you HD has lost us.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I purchased this refrigerator on July 22, 2017. Today is August 23, 2017. This product came damaged. The magnetic seal is broken, and the door is dent! I am STILL waiting for it replacement! So far, I have spent COUNTLESS HOURS working with GE delivery service, the warehouse, AND the local Home Depot. Home Depot it has been one story after another. The warehouse is blaming GE delivery, GE delivery service is blaming the local Home Depot store, the local store is blaming GE delivery. I waited for 2 confirmed delivery dates; they were NO SHOWS but NO ONE informed me until after I called the warehouse to inquire about the delivery status. I am still waiting for its delivery, maybe the 3rd time is a charm? Stay tuned...

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I would highly advise anyone considering purchasing major appliances (like washers and dryers) from Home Depot not to do that. I have had nothing but a horrible experience with Home Depot since the Electrolux Washers and Dryers were purchased from them back on May 31, 2017. Firstly, they couldn't deliver the washer and dryer until July 1, 2017. Then when the washers and dryers were delivered, I was told by the 3rd party deliverer that I couldn't use my washing pan that I had purchased (and they didn't balance my washer and dryer at all). They also damaged my property during the installation. I filed a claim against that and I still haven't heard anything back on it (almost 2 months later). So one of the plumbing experts from the Home Depot store in Wyomissing, PA had to come out 7 days later, with the 3rd party delivery guys again, to re-balance my washer and dryer and figure out how to get it into the pan correctly.

The washer and dryer are still unbalanced and I was told that this was due to my flooring and that there was nothing they could do (because it's also in a tight space). Fine. It's been 2 months of using the washer and dryer consistently and no issues. Then on Saturday night, the washer started flashing E11 and saying it couldn't load the water. I called the Home Depot Protection Plan which I purchased when I bought my washer and dryer and they set up an appointment to have it looked at/repaired today. So I took off of work to make sure I'm here for it. I had a funny feeling, since I never heard from the 3rd party repair service to confirm the appointment, so I called the 3rd party repair service to confirm the appointment and got a voicemail that the technician was out of the office.

So I called the Home Depot Protection Plan again and they confirmed that my claim had been rejected by the 3rd party repair technician because the claim hadn't come directly from Electrolux. I escalated to a supervisor and that supervisor (whose name I don't remember) was so rude to me during the entire call - gave me attitude and then just forwarded my call back to the 3rd party technician who was out of the office on vacation. So I had to call the Home Depot Protection Plan back again and they assured me that they were going to get me another service technician. But here I sit, without anything resolved yet... just twiddling my thumbs. I'm glad that Home Depot thinks that I just have countless work time to burn to deal with issues that they're causing by having these 3rd party vendors who aren't reliable.

I have a feeling that even after the 3rd party technician comes to my place (if that ever truly gets scheduled), they won't be able to resolve the issue... just because that's the experience I've been having thus far. Just do yourselves a favor and avoid this kind of headache/nightmare altogether. I understand that outsourcing certain things is cost-effective in the short term, but it's clearly not cost-effective or generally effective in the long term. You'd be better off spending a little more money and buying your appliances from a mom and pop shop. Or I would go to Lowe's. I purchased a stove from Lowe's at the same time that I purchased this washer and dryer from Home Depot and the experience with Lowe's was 1000x better. No issues with that whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered a Kitchenaid dishwasher with installation kit, delivery and haul away, and 5-year protection plan on July 5th. It was to be delivered on July 19th, and I was told to move all furniture and obstacles so delivery personnel would have a clear path. I complied, and the dishwasher was delivered on July 19th as promised. The delivery people spoke very little English, and I know very little Spanish, but they managed to tell me that the drain hose was too short. So, I called Home Depot Customer Service and asked what could be done. The rep spoke Spanish and asked to talk to them. Then, she told me they would leave the dishwasher there and contact me to schedule installation in few days with a longer hose.

Right after they left I noticed they left the box in the middle of my living room, and the dishwasher was sticking out of the installation space at a right angle to my silverware drawer - just enough that I couldn't open it. By July 28th, I still hadn't heard anything and called the Home Depot store that delivered it, and was told the person I needed to talk to wasn't there and they would call back. They didn't. I called back twice. I finally called the appliance hotline and talked to Lindsay, who was very helpful and set up installation for August 4th.

On August 4th, I was home waiting all day, and finally called the Appliance Hotline at 7:05 p.m. and asked if someone was still on their way. I was told they would be there around 8 p.m. They arrived about 8:15 and installed the dishwasher and turned it on before they left. I asked why they were turning it on, and they said that they had to be sure it worked. The next morning I went down to the laundry room to remove some clothes from the dryer, and the wall under the dishwasher was streaked with water stains and there was a puddle on the floor.

I called a plumber with Roto Rooter who said that nothing was wrong with my pipes or shutoffs, and the problem was probably the dishwasher and that I needed to call Home Depot, because if he touched it, it would void my warranty. I called Home Depot and was passed around again. It was a Saturday (August 5th) and the person I needed to talk to wasn't there after I had called twice. On Monday, I talked to Abbie. I was told that I needed to talk to the Claims Department (Sedgwick). I told them my water was shut off in the kitchen since Saturday, and that I really just needed someone to check how it was installed. They took down my information, gave me a claim number and told me someone would call within 48 hours.

On August 14th, I finally called Sedgwick back and told them that no one had called. And even though I have given everyone I talked to my new phone number, she said I wasn't called because they didn't have my new number. She said she sent a message to Delivery and that they had 48 hours to respond to me. On Tuesday, August 15th, I was called told the person I was talking to that I was still without water in my kitchen, was washing my dishes in the bathroom sink, have health issues that require I prepare my own food, and that I either needed the dishwasher fixed or removed, so that I can have use of my water again. She said she was scheduling me for a service call on Thursday, August 17th, and that they would call me one half hour before they arrived. No one came or called.

I called Home Depot again and was told that it was a service call from the manufacturer that was scheduled. They have no idea why they didn't show and that I should call back early in the morning. At this point, I am feeling very unwell, want my water back on, and don't care if I have a dishwasher anymore. I just want them to take it back and leave me alone!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot. It was supposed to be delivered the next week. We had a scheduled day and time for delivery given to us by email. Home Depot had contracted with a delivery company called XPO to do the delivery. Day of delivery came and no delivery was made. So we called. They said delivery was attempted but no one was home. Not true. I was home all day. They then said that they tried to call and as it was an old phone number. No one answered. (We had already confirmed delivery by email so the call wasn't necessary.) On the delivery instructions we had included a current phone number they just didn't bother to call it.

A new delivery date was scheduled a WEEK later. Two days before we got a call asking if we still wanted the delivery and we confirmed that we did and were assured that we would get our delivery, but on the day of the scheduled delivery we haven't received an email or call confirming the time so called to be sure the delivery was indeed coming. We were told that there was no delivery scheduled for us and we wouldn't be getting the refrigerator again. After many phone calls and complaints we are now told that the soonest we can have the delivery is another 3 days form now. At this point we over 2 weeks from the date ordered. No efforts to make it right. No apologies for poor service. Some of the blame lies with the delivery company XPO, but Home Depot also dropped the ball.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

For liability issues HD contractors would not install gas range. Fine, understood. They were also supposed to install new washer and dryer but only half installed the washer, left the plug in the back and we had to call back twice to have them walk us through it. If you're paying extra for this the service was terrible. Incredibly frustrating experience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Don't buy appliances from Home Depot. They hired subcontractors that are super!!! Incompetent. I bought appliances on 7/12/17- they couldn't deliver until 7/29/17 - on the day of delivery the truck broke down and they didn't another truck to do the delivery, I had to wait until Tuesday 8/01/17. I lost (1) one day of work. Never mind the groceries that I took out of my refrigerator. They finally came and only deliver the stove but didn't deliver the refrigerator!!! I still waiting to find out what is the delay with my refrigerator. I finally cancelled the order!!! Don't waste your time and money buying appliances here! The store is Useless!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I got a replacement refrigerator from Home Depot. As Home Depot's online ordering system had some issue, I was not able to place an order online. Therefore, I chatted with the customer support representative and asked her to place the order on my behalf. I gave the tax exemption number and specifically requested that sales tax not be charged. But she messed it up and charged the sales tax. When I received the receipt, I followed up with the representative, and they were not able to fix it. I was asked to call after a couple of days as they might not do anything about the pending order. I called them again after a few days and was transferred to multiple departments, and none of them were able to assist. Finally, I was asked to go to the store.

Yesterday, I went to the store on countryside (140 Countryside Plaza, Countryside, IL 60525) in the morning. The customer support agent was not able to assist and asked me to come back in the afternoon when a more experienced manager is there. I went again yesterday, and I was told that I need to go to another store on Cicero (7200 S Cicero Ave, Bedford Park, IL 60638). Yesterday night I went to this store, and they told me that they could not assist with this and I have to talk to the online people (they are the one who told me in the first place that I need to get the assistance from the local store). I spent a lot of time unnecessarily trying to fix the problem created by one of Home Depot's customer support agents. I expected much more from Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My husband went to this store 3 times to try to purchase a freezer. He couldn't get any help. I went it on my and was able to purchase it. We were told the delivery company would call us in 24 hours. No one called. We called the store and said they would fax our receipt up to them and that they should call by the end of the day. No one called. We finally canceled the order after they offered to take $50 off the delivery and said they would personally deliver it on Monday. We just had enough. The delivery company has called our house 3 times to try to deliver other products to our house. For some reason, our phone number is on other people's orders. The last call was this morning. Very unprofessional! They lost our business!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Home Depot is full of **. Sent me a washing machine and dryer and turns out that the washer is actually used. First of all there was a defective part on the washer and there was water inside the washer to prove that it was installed before. Their delivery guy came and said that we needed to replace our valve in order to install the washer and so he just placed my washer in the garage. In addition, he broke my old washer trying to remove it and I haven't been able to wash my clothes since then. A few days after we called our plumber to fix the valve in our house. We also asked him to take a look at our washer. Our plumber said that the connector on the washer is broken.

We called their installer and they didn't want to do anything about it and told me to call Home Depot. After calling home depot I was told that the return policy is 48 hours after the delivery. NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE. PLUS THEIR DELIVERY GUY DID NOT CHECK FOR ANY DAMAGES ON THE WASHER. What's worst is that I called in their technician and he even agreed that the washer has been installed before. I even have proof of him saying it on video and home depot doesn't believe me. The customer service representative kept saying "Sir, in our database the technician never said that". And in the end all they can say is "We can't help you with that." They basically scammed us, selling us a used washer for a new washer price.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.
    • Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.
    • Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.
    • Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.
    • Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.
    • Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs