Home Depot Appliances
Based on 189 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

Home Depot Appliances

766 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased a washing machine and it took a month for it to be delivered. When it was delivered it was damaged so I did not accept it. I have requested a refund but they cannot get their paperwork in order to issue the refund. I purchased a washing mashing machine from Nebraska furniture mart. Just skip Home Depot.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Let me get this straight that Home Depot was not the issue. As a matter of fact, during my home renovation project, Home Depot in Emeryville, CA and online have been excellent. I have bought everything from faucets, to paint, and baseboards. The customer service at Home Depot was top notch. This is the only time that someone affiliated with them disappointed me.

I ordered an entire kitchen appliance in-person at Home Depot in Emeryville, CA. Again, the personnel who helped me order were great and were able to save me a few hundred dollars due to the volume I'm ordering and found me several coupons I didn't know even existed. I told them that I was going through a renovation and my kitchen may not be ready. They advised that I can select a later order date and only move it once I have a definite date. I chose July 6 knowing that I will have to change that later. The two sales clerk told me that this is a 3rd party delivery and installer service. They said that it is hard to get ahold of them and advised that I change the delivery date a week or two before the actual date.

A couple of weeks later, I still don't have a kitchen, but Memorial Day sale came on. I called Home Depot and advised that my appliances are not yet delivered by the prices dropped. Just like that, I got refunded the difference. Again, kudos to the Home Depot personnel in Emeryville. My contractor gave me an estimated date when the countertops will be on. I called the delivery company to have change my delivery date. I called the number of the delivery company, which was given to me in a page that accompanied my invoice. The paper said to call that number if I need to reschedule. The phone prompt said to press 4 if I need reschedule. I press to reschedule and it asks you to enter the date using the phone pad. I enter the date and before confirmation a person picks up. I told her that I just rescheduled using the phone prompts and she confirmed that I'm scheduled for June 4.

A few days later, my contractor asked that I change my delivery date, because something went wrong with the kitchen. I call the delivery company and I go through the prompts and I type in for June 8. Again, just before confirmation someone picks up. I asked for confirmation and she stated I'm scheduled for July 6. I was surprised by that and I said I changed the date to June 4 and now I need it to June 6. She said delivery changes doesn't work that way and I have to call each appliance manufacturer to change my delivery date. Why did the initial girl confirmed my delivery date of June 6? This is my first pissed off session with them. They will not do anything to change the date.

I called Home Depot and told them what happened. This lady, Ms. Lawana **, another associate at Home Depot in Emeryville, CA was super sweet. She said that we do have to call each manufacturer to change the delivery date. I asked if it's easier to cancel the entire order or cancel each one. She said if I cancel and reorder, I may lose my Memorial Day savings. Ms. ** said she'll take care of it and she'll call me back. 2 Hours later Ms. ** calls me back and reported that she called each manufacturer and changed the delivery date. She said it did take 2 hours. Again, kudos to Home Depot. I make arrangements at work to take the day off on June 8.

On June 6, I get a text message stating that my appliances will be delivered on June 8. On June 7, I get another text that I'll get my appliances tomorrow, June 8. On June 7, I also received a phone call that my appliances will get delivered between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. On June 8, I stay at home. I have to get breakfast outside, since I do not have a kitchen. I come back home at around 8:50 AM. At, 10:16 AM, I get a phone call from a local number and a person told me that my appliances will arrive in about 30 minutes. I wait. 30 minutes have passed and I continue to wait.

12 PM rolls around and I call the 877 number provided in the Home Depot delivery sheet and after navigating to check my delivery status, it states, "You have a delivery today. Your driver is on time between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM." I would press the prompt to text me of real time updates. I did this every so often to check my status until 1:30 PM. It is already passed my scheduled block. I call the 877 numbers several times and there is no option to talk to anybody. I try and try and look at the status and over and over it states, "You have a delivery today. Your driver is on time between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM." I'm already furious and I still could not get ahold of a real person.

I call Home Depot and they gave me a local 510 number for the delivery company. I call the number and, finally, a person picked up, but it might as well be a robot; since, she was that helpful. I at least, finally got their name, Simple Logistics. She told me that she sees notes in my order that I did get a call at 10:17 AM, but she said she can't understand the notes after it. She said they were in "Chinese." She said, she'll call me back. I never got a callback. I call Home Depot again and told them what is happening. They look at my order number and see the reschedule I made from July 6 to June 8. They'll investigate and call me back.

I called the Simple Logistics again and I spoke to a Jessica. She said that my items are not delivered, because they were incomplete. My jaw dropped to the floor and I went into a tirade. I asked her why didn't anyone call me? She said that was GE's responsibility to call me, which was the missing item. I asked her why didn't they call me back? She said she didn't know. The status says pending but they did not know. She said that they rescheduled my delivery to the 14th. I said, "Someone called me this morning and told me 30 minutes. Why couldn't they call me to let me know of the cancellation and reschedule? She couldn't explain. I asked for a manager and she said the manager is unavailable. I asked for an on-call manager and she said they don't have one. I hung up pissed off.

By the way, I did try to call back the number that called me at 10:17 AM, but no one was picking up and I couldn't leave a voicemail. I called Home Depot and another nice Home Depot personnel picked up and I explained to her what happened. She admittedly stated that she doesn't know what to do with this and transferred me to her manager on duty, Crystal. I was already ticked off. I did my best to avoid yelling. I told Crystal the story and she too said she can't do anything. I asked, "Why didn't anyone call me to notify me of the issues and changes?" She said the delivery company was supposed to do that.

I waited at home, in a torn down kitchen and living room from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM waiting. I kept calling the delivery's 877 number and it kept repeating the message, "You have a delivery today. Your driver is on time between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM," even at 3:30 PM. I asked Crystal what can they do. I asked if they can use a different delivery service. They don't have that option. She gave me the typical, "I understand."

I understand Crystal and Home Depot is not at fault, but this is their outsourced company. I asked Crystal what can she do for me for this lost time? I offered different option. I was so upset that, think about it, some of my suggestion was absurd. Crystal did offer to comp me $200, but I'll receive it after the installation. I accepted, but I advised her that I don't care about the money. I want to disassociate with Simple Logistics. I'm really upset about not getting called of the changes. They made me wait and wasted an entire day. I asked Crystal to put the comp in writing, which she emailed me. Also, I asked Crystal if I can cancel without penalty. She said yes, but she advised against it, because of the coupons and Memorial Day savings. I told her I'll think about it.

I quickly called the other vendors I worked with researching these appliances. I called both Best Buy's Pacific Sales and Airport Appliance. I told both of them what happened and I emailed them my invoices. Both stated they'll get a comparable price but may not get as low. I asked for quotes, which both were working on. I called Simple Logistics again and Jessica answered again. I told her I'm giving them one last chance. I'm really upset about not being notified of the cancellation and reschedule. I told her to reschedule my delivery from the 14th. I said tomorrow, Saturday, or Monday.

She said she can't. The earliest is the 14th. I told her bump someone else off; it seems like it's something they can easily do without notification. I asked for a manager again, and she told me what she said earlier, that she's gone for the day. I said, "You have one last chance; otherwise, you're going to lose this business." There was no, "Let me try", or "Let me get back to you." It was just, "I can't." I hung up.

I called Crystal back and requested to cancel all my orders. I told her, unless they can disassociate me with Simple Logistics, I'll cancel my entire order. Crystal complied without pushing back. I know this is not her their fault, but this is their contracted delivery service. There must be an agreement regarding customer satisfaction. I ended up with Airport Appliance. I'm paying a few hundred dollars more, but I can't deal with Simple Logistics. Also, I've shopped with Airport Appliance before and I have been very happy with their service and product.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We ordered an appliance and Home Depot gave us a delivery date of 10 days. Friday before delivery, we get a call confirming the delivery time. Just HOURS later, they call again saying it will be another TWO WEEKS for a total of 21 days. We have to live out of a cooler for this time.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was forced to buy a new refrigerator when my LG bought at Home Depot died over Memorial Day weekend. While the compressor was under warranty, we learned that it only covered the part and not labor. We decided to buy a Whirlpool refrigerator from Home Depot. After waiting a week, it was delivered Home Depot's delivery service, Raymer's. Their people spoke no English! They were supposed to hook up the water line and level the doors but claimed they didn't know how. They abruptly left and told us to call Home Depot. I called Home Depot back only to learn that Raymer's s/h hooked this up...so I called Raymers and they dropped the call on me twice after being on hold for 20 minutes each time. Then I called Home Depot back and demanded they get someone out here to level refrigerator doors and connect water line. Raymer's came back out 5 days later.

I had luan plywood on hardwood floors to prevent scratches. They insisted they could not get fridge out with luan there (even though first set of delivery men did pull it out onto plywood) and they drove deep scratches into my newly done hardwood floors! Then they never removed the toe plate to try and level the doors...claimed that our floors were uneven. They didn't hook up water line either. All in all, the visit has costed me thousands now due to the damage to my floors. And, my husband removed toe plate and was easily able to level doors so handles aligned. Thanks a lot Home Depot. You've lost a customer for life! Never again will I purchase anything from your store...not even a $5 plant! This is a criminal operation going on and you need to be held accountable for the delivery service you employ!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I ordered on Home Depot a Telescoping Downdraft online on January 10, 2018, on the name of my electrician Fred, who was going to install it. Two weeks later Home Depot delivered the Telescoping Downdraft, but unfortunately, the Telescoping didn't fit on the range. So, the Fred (the electrician) tried several times to returned to Home Depot the Telescoping but Home Depot rejected it, insisted he have to bring the credit card that paid for the Telescoping, however, Fred, explained I wasn't in US. I was outside of the country for four months.

I back on May and tried to returned the Telescoping with the credit card, but Home Depot didn't accepted argument had been pass more than sixty days and GE won't received it. I don't understand why Home Depot don't accepted this return??? I wasn't here and in January Fred tried to return you didn't accepted... Why. What do you want I do with this appliance? I don't know what can I do with this appliance... I would like to be your customer and order another appliances, but I won't do it with this terrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered Kitchen Aid dishwasher the first week of April 2018. It showed up a week later, damaged. The delivery folks pointed out the damage, wrote "reject" on the paperwork, and left with the promise to reorder a new dishwasher for me. Several weeks later, no dishwasher. I called Home Depot and the manufacture and was told it would be there in four day. No dishwasher. I called for a refund and ordered the same dishwasher from Lowe's the same day.

A week and a half later, the new dishwasher from Lowe's was installed. However, I still did not have a refund from Home Depot. Called HD again and they had made no progress on the refund. Out of frustration, I turned the credit over to the credit card company. Two months late, I still do not have a credit for the HD charge. The credit card company stated that HD is not responding to request for information. I'm not surprised.

HD charged my card the moment I ordered the dishwasher. Lowe's didn't charge until I had it. HD uses contracted delivery service. Lowe's delivers directly from their store using their trust and driver. Here is the really big difference. HD will not allow for a return due to damage. You must reject the delivery... And even then they refuse to issue a credit from my experience. Lowe's will allow you to return the a major appliance even after it has been delivered. HD better get control of their band and stop offloading their deliveries to a third party. Giving away the last contact with the customer is a huge mistake. This is the last opportunity to make someone happy they did business with you or the first opportunity to make sure they never do business with you again. I used to love going to HD. After this, I will never buy another appliance from HD and will try to avoid going into the store if possible.

Original review: June 5, 2018

HATE IT! My delivery was supposed to be on May 19th. Somehow Home Depot screwed that up and attempted to deliver on May 18th with no notifications. I did not get a time frame when the appliance would be delivered. May 26- 1 of the 3 appliances came. The dryer was damaged and the dishwasher was lost and did not show up. I immediately called and put an urgent callback and wanted to get my appliances soon. The lady said the escalating team would call back in 48 hours and no one called.

On Tuesday May 29, I called and complained. The lady on the phone said the dishwasher was delivered and I said I never even saw it in my house. May 30rd I followed up again and they said they would call back on May 31st. It is June 5th and no one has called me yet. All the agents on the phone apologized for this. But 3 weeks later I still don't have a call back from the initial complaint or the follow ups I did. On June 5 I still did not get my appliances after filing complaints and following up 4 times. I wish I never ordered here. After all Home Depot is not an appliance store! I hate the delivery team! Messed my life up! For 3 weeks I am waiting on delivery of my appliances! This is my first review I have did in my life!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Unfortunately, we placed an online order on 5/24 for a tank-less water heater (since ours broke). Upon entering all of our info in, it still guaranteed delivery for Friday 5/25. On Friday nothing was delivered. Called OnTrac and customer care and was informed that Tuesday would be the earliest delivery. So Tuesday 5/29 530 pm came and tracking said delivered and absolutely no water heater was in our possession!! So once again we contact OnTrac and customer care. Wednesday 630 pm comes and hooray our package shows up, but open and everything awry inside.

Called customer care once again and had to order another one with a delivery ETA of Friday 6/1 but we asked for it to be delivered to your store since OnTrac was a horrible experience. Friday came, and what was delivered was a very used Hot water heater!! At this point this is beyond RIDICULOUS!!! This has ALL been a nightmare!!! And customer care won’t do anything to help the customer!!! They don’t care one bit about the customer.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have purchased a refrigerator from Home Depot. They told me it will be delivered between 10am and 2pm. I waited all day and did not get any call and no one showed up to deliver the appliance. When I called Home Depot; the delivery company lied that they came to my house at 11:10 am and waited for 20 min and left as no one is at home. Thanks God I got a cameras in my house to prove that there was no delivery truck at my house any time that day and it was all lies. Home Depot delivery service are the most dishonest people in the world; they criminals and convicted and they are liars. Please buy your appliance at Lowe’s.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We have a GE refrigerator that we purchased 2 years ago. After the first year the water and ice machine stopped working. When we called we were told we can fix it and no one ever came to fix. Fine, we left it alone. This time around fridge stopped getting cold and all the food went bad. Mind you water and ice machine still don't work. It has been a whole MONTH! We have no working fridge. We're paying for 5 year warranty. People have came and left and still has NOT been resolved. GE service people said there is nothing more to do. Home Depot service people said it can be fixed but will only be temporary.

At this point, we are more than LIVID that they can't simply replace the fridge. We have 2 babies at home aged 1 and half. We're living or better yet surviving off a cooler and ice that we must purchase everyday. The babies need fresh food and milk yet it's hard because we have no working fridge. What is the point of the 5 year warranty? If Home Depot can't assist us. 1 whole month and still nothing is getting done. Our case manager has not returned or bothered to answer our calls. It's been a week or more and still no word. Worse service ever! I am writing this with tears in my eyes because it's NOT fair to be paying for a warranty and we can't get this resolved especially because we 2 babies at home and NO working fridge.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Having purchased a Samsung upright refrigerator, it was delivered the Friday before Memorial Day. Home Depot's delivery and install crew showed up two hours early in a rental truck speaking very little English and sporting a hostile attitude. The install was represented as installing the water line. The install consisted of a two foot piece of water line for which they charged me $9. The old refrigerator had a water hook up but when I tried the water on the new refrig, there was nothing. The response when I pointed that out was that all he was supposed to do was install the two foot piece of line.

I fixed that later by turning the water back on from under the sink. Next they were missing the door handle screw for the freezer door. They reported that to their company saying they would send another screw and promptly left. It's been a week and no replacement screw. I'm disappointed in Home Depot for using this obviously subpar installing outfit. I found the part number for the screw on Amazon. It's a very small quarter inch screw. Amazon wants $9 for it. Disappointing for sure but more and more typical of the no service oriented large retailers.

Original review: May 24, 2018

First time ordered an appliance on Home Depot site and having a terrible experience: 2 hours chat with HD + several phone calls and still got nowhere (no mini refrigerator, no refund because nothing I could return)! I ordered a mini refrigerator online on 2/24/2018. On 2/27/2018, HD warehouse sent and left outside of my rental property a wrong product (a heavy grill over 150 pounds). Chatted with HD customer service and asked the wrong product be picked up right away since it's way too heavy for a skinny 60+ old lady to pull it inside and since our community had serious vandalism issues. HD agreed that I should not have any responsibility if the shipment was stolen or damaged in rain... Per HD, two days after UPS came to pick it up and found nothing outside... Contacted HD, and got "you need to take the product to UPS directly to return it. Once we get the returned item, we can refund you..."

Told HD that I never got my mini refrigerator. How could I return it? The heavy grill sitting outside my condo was disappeared within those two days period (who knows when and how). Finally, HD said I should contact my credit card company for a refund. Filed dispute with Chase and ended up with no refund since "Chase contacted HD and said the vendor claimed the product was shipped..." So, almost 3 months passed, I had paid for a mini refrigerator but still haven't got it from HD and no refund from HD.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Ordered a Dyson V7 motor head vacuum cleaner on May 21, 2018 and received at Flushing store on May 22, 2018. Went back home and found the package was opened and the wire charger, the brushes were all missing from the package. Purely someone from Home Depot stole the items for some reason and there are no management, or no control that the package is in good shape. You are buying at your own risk. They don't care at all if your package is good or not. End up I have to return the item the same night and drove all the way to Flushing store. This is the third time I have to return my purchase with Home Depot. Please don't buy any electrical item from Home Depot and better shop with other stores like Costco.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Purchased a stove through them in Taylor Michigan. GE delivered the stove in a box and I signed for it. I had the delivery person place it in the garage at my business because the home I was working on wasn't ready for it to be installed. I went to install the stove a few weeks later to find that the stove was completely bent on the bottom and it will not even sit straight.

I called Home Depot and they tell me, "Too bad you should have exchanged it within 48 hours." I asked the Manager at Home Depot where does it state that on my paperwork, his only response is you should have received something with that information on it. I explained to him I didn't. He then told me to fight with GE. Let me remind you I have a 100,000+ Corporate Account at Home Depot and I will now be canceling it and going to Lowe's with my business just because you couldn't do the right business decision by exchanging a 600.00 stove. What a genius you have working for you Home Depot!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Bought this on April 6 from Home Depot Yucca Valley CA, reported many times the washer does NOT clean clothes, water level is very low. Called Home Depot, called GE, will not replace machine, spent $1800!!! Can't even wash one sheet at a time. So noisy can't hear myself think. We have been ripped off. Can't believe GE sells such product. Don't know what to do anymore, HD won't take back or exchange, GE sends their repair person claiming the product is not made well but that is the way it works. Called again for service asking to send a different service person, didn't show up until I got a call from the SAME "repairman"??? What is the point? Cancelled the appointment and filed a claim at small claim court, after spending countless time on the phone with Home Depot and GE with no results but plenty of aggravation. I should also add we called a repairman on our own expense and claimed is DEFINITELY not working correctly.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Home Depot advertises they will beat any competitors price by 10%. Their ad is deceptive and misleading. On April 29, 2018, the Appliance Department Manager at Home Depot in Myrtle Beach confirmed a lower price at a nearby Best Buy for the exact same clothes dryer, and on the internet put the dryer in her cart - confirming it was available. She then said they would not match Best Buy, and some other stores - let alone beat it by 10%.

When I sent an e-mail to customer service (case **), they said they didn't match Best Buy if it was more than 25 miles away, but in this case Best Buy was only a mile or two away. I think Home Depot should clarify their web-site advertised claim that they beat any competitor's price by 10% - they wouldn't even MATCH it - let alone beat it - if they exclude specific stores. The Dept. Mgr. said there were other stores in addition to Best Buy whose prices they wouldn't match either. They should clarify their Price "Guarantee" in that case!

They also informed me that if an item is on sale, they will not honor the 10% veterans' discount. I think they should be specific with the vets about that also - since Lowe's DOES take the 10% off items on sale. We left Home Depot and bought the clothes dryer at Lowe's - for less than at Best Buy PLUS the military 10% discount.

Original review: May 4, 2018

This story happened on May 2nd 2018 and today is May 4th 2018 with no series action by Home Depot Richmond Hill branch. The deliver two men came to delivery to the house I’m renting the washing machine. The delivery man (tall man) came asking where is the location to install the new washing machine, is showed him the laundry room. He found that the old washing machine was not disconnected from the water inlet and the drainage, so he took picture of that (like he is waiting to find a problem), then he asked why the washing machine has not been disconnected from the inlet water. Is told him is did not know that we have to disconnect it, he said it's in the contract. Is told him, "I’m not the buyer I’m renting the house." Then is told it's fine is can discount it now. He said in angry way, "You are wasting our time, we have too much work to do, you should have it discounted it before we come."

Is said it would not take 3-5 min., so before he brings the new washing machine is had disconnected the old one. So he took out the old washing machine, is went on the floor of the small laundry room to clean under the old washing machine. When he came in the laundry from with the new washing machine and my wife is also inside the laundry room and he was going to put it over my feet (without even asking us to leave the laundry so he can have the free space to enter the washing machine and install it). When my wife asked him to take carry he is going to but it over my feet. Then he got very angry and start shooting you are wasting our times, so I started telling him, that is have been doing my best to help to finish your job but is do not work for you to shoot at us. We are customers and we have the right of respect and better behavior.

Then he left the new washing machine at the door entrance, took the old washing machine saying, "You call Home Depot to do the installation for you." And his colleague start shooting at me on the street. What you did not correct and you are wasting our time, is told I’m trying my best to help to do your job. He said no we are leaving, is told him this would lead that is will complain to the company, come finish your job, he said "Since we came you want us to lose our jobs"! I told him why do is know you from before? Is never met you before, your behavior would lead you to lose your job, then the other one (the tall man) start shooting from the door of the track and he ended his shoot with the "** Word", I said to him what did you say start videoing him to say it again, and he would not have the courage to say it again but waived with his hand to go away and is do have the video for that.

I completed for over two time on the phone to Home Depot and is went to the store to meet with the store manager and should some sympathy and not happy from what happen. Then send to his assistant, she send a complain email message to the delivery company, but up till now (more than 48 hrs.) they did not do the installation and would not the authority over the delivery company to force them to do the installation today! This is one of the worst customer service is every faced. They are good in sorry and apologizing but with no action! Not sure now if I’m going to get any apology from the Home Depot of the delivery person who told me the "** Word". Home Depot service might be good in story and after that it's SO SO Bad SERVICE. So if you order any product from Home Depot get ready to get the "** Word" on the delivery time!

Original review: May 3, 2018

Historically, my experiences with Home Depot have been mostly good enough. Do NOT purchase appliances from Home Depot -- Their policies are not competitive and their service is below par. Had I read the Return Exceptions section, I would never have placed an appliances order with Home Depot. (Compare how Lowe's, Best Buy, Aj Madison and other well known suppliers handle exception cases -- No contest.)

Home Depot delivered the washer and dryer, but did not unwrap the appliances and set them in place, per their commitment and policy, as I understand it. They just dropped the boxed appliances with my contractor, and left. The boxes were in perfect condition -- we have a pic. As HD had not unwrapped, my contractor made the call to leave them packaged until install time, for protection. Had the boxes been damaged, my contractor would either have refused delivery, or investigated further and reported damage. Standard practice for licensed contractors.

Rehab schedule had slipped, so install was delayed. On installation day, contractor unwrapped appliances. Dryer appeared perfect. Washer was badly dented in front. A cosmetic issue, but also possibly a functional problem, as it appeared the unit had been hit hard. Obvious that GE had placed a badly damaged appliance inside a nice new box.

Home Depot and GE will not replace the washer because we had not reported the damage within 48 hours of delivery. Nevermind that their delivery people didn't do their job, or that we've spent many thousands of dollars at HD in recent years, and more than that during the course of the relationship. We're stuck with a badly damaged appliance (compact washer $900+). If you do rehabs as we do, you know this is not a desirable or sustainable arrangement. And after 30 or more years purchasing from Home Depot, for both personal and professional projects, it's a deal breaker when they don't have my back in a outlier case such as this. We're done with Home Depot. So long, GE.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot's website. I had some delivery issues, so I included a description of the issues in the product review. Home Depot rejected the review, stating it violated their guidelines. I could not find any violation. I assume that they reject any review with a negative description of the delivery and installation.

MY REJECTED REVIEW: Big freezer, so you have to lean over to look into the lower compartment. I hoped that this new fridge would be less noisy, compared to my 33 year old Whirlpool. It's not. Significant amount of hissing and gurgling. Overall the fridge looks nice, but the plastic handles look and feel cheap. Seems like the lower door should have 1 more adjustable shelf. It has 3, but 4 would be better.

I have to give Home Depot a POOR rating for the online delivery. During the online chat, and on a phone call, I specifically stated that I needed a LEFT hand door. I was told that the fridge would arrive with the doors off and that the delivery people could assemble it with the door hinges on either side. The delivery man did not ask me about door positions, and brought the fridge into my house assembled with the door hinges on the wrong side! I noticed grease and metal flakes from the assembly. I decided not to have them remove and reassemble the doors, so I did it myself. After rearranging the doors I noticed that the fridge was rocking. The delivery guy had not offered to balance the fridge. I adjusted the screws and balanced the fridge myself. I think that most customers, that are not mechanically inclined, would be quite disappointed with a fridge that is not assembled to specification, and not balanced.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Went to Home Depot once again. First time was with my floors that Home Depot messed up. Said I would try them again even though my floors are still the same. That one is on me. Now here we are again. My washer sound like it's coming apart. Brand name is Maytag. Said it was made in America. I don't think so. Now I was told just this morning they have to order a part for my washer. Only had three months. What is this? Home Depot need to do better. This is my last time buying anything for that much from Home Depot. Not happy at all. Didn't buy a use washer and dryer. Shouldn't have to put parts on a new washer. Had to call Home Depot on the first day I used my washer. Was told I had to call Maytag. In other word, "We are done. Don't come back to us." I work hard for my money. This was my 69th birthday gift to my self and I did get a military discount.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Purchased a GE microwave from Home Depot. Didn't open box or install it until April. 2 1/2 months after purchase. Not able to install due right away due to kitchen remodeling process. Microwave never worked. Called Home Depot and GE. Neither place would allow appliance to be returned. Still waiting on second visit from GE Repair center. It’s going on 3 weeks. I believe that Home Depot doesn't stand behind its products and sells defective products. I have spoken to first level supervisors at both GE and Home Depot and they would not allow me to talk to district managers. They were rude and not customer friendly whatsoever. I'm extremely disappointed???

Original review: April 27, 2018

This was the most appalling purchase experience I have ever had. I bought from Home Depot because they committed to a near delivery date as I was purchasing a washer to replace a broken one and we were desperate - price was decent. However, on the day of delivery they never showed up at the appointed time. The driver did not make the promised pre-delivery call and I got a phone message saying that the driver was leaving as he had waited 15 minutes. There were three people home and the doorbell never rang. When I called the delivery company back, it was clear that they had gone to the wrong address (they wrote down a description of the house). The driver agreed to return to the correct address and re-deliver but he returned to the wrong address again and then refused to go to the correct one (which had been on the bill of lading all the time).

The company then said I would have to wait another week for delivery but could not explain why I should believe that this wouldn't happen again the following week and they could provide no reassurance. I then cancelled my order and Home Depot will not give the funds back for 10 days, even though they never showed up at my house with the appliances. No one was empathetic and expressed any concern about what had happened. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM HOME DEPOT AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I ordered a replacement KitchenAid dishwasher online from Home Depot. I also ordered and paid for installation. The dishwasher took a week to arrive and when the delivery guys brought it in, they said they couldn't install it because my current dishwasher was hard wired. They said they're running into this a lot. Buying in the store, the associate would have covered this. Not so online. They told me I should accept the delivery and call the store to arrange for installation. When I called the store, they told me I should call the online appliance number. I called Online Customer Service about 6 different times. You just can't get past the VRU. One of the menu choices is for deliveries or issues with recent deliveries but that path only gets you choices for date and time update or disconnecting the call. I tried all of the typical tricks like hitting "0" and could never get to a person. After 45 minutes, I gave up. Never again.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought a GE washer and dryer on April 3rd and was told it would be delivered by Thursday of that week which would be the 6th of April. Got a call from GE that they have a back order for this particular model and that it would not be delivered until the 17th of April, keep in mind that our washer was inoperable that is why we were purchasing the washer and dryer in the first place. Got another call about a week later stating the same thing and that it would not be delivered until the 27th of April. I then called GE since that is who was calling me and not Home Depot which kind of disturbed me, spoke with a rep who didn’t hardly speak English and they Informed me of basically the same thing, they were on back order and there was nothing they could do about it, I could either wait or get a refund. I chose a refund since they could not guarantee me it would definitely be delivered on the 3rd of May ,a month after I had purchased it.

Since I used a credit card I had to go up to the store at 10 pm at night and get a refund since we were in desperate need of a washer. I spoke with a manager which was on duty and he said we could possibly get another one that was in stock or purchase another one and we would have to make up the difference or take the floor model with a reduced cost which was only 15% and the units were scratched and bent from hell and back, those were our options. They had nothing in stock that was worth buying and if they weren’t at least gonna give us 50% off the floor model we would have to get a refund.

We chose to get a refund which we wanted cash which took an hour to get which makes no sense, when we purchase anything it has to paid immediately but they can take however amount of time they need. I will never purchase anything else from Home Depot especially appliances. Purchased the same washer and dryer for about $100 more and they delivered in two days, it was worth it, thank you Conn's.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Purchased a water heater on 1/11/14 with an extended service policy which didn't became active until the manufactures warranty was up on 1/11/16. The five year extended policy became active. Skip to 4/18/18 water heater is leaking like a sieve, call the number in the Home Depot paperwork. Get somebody that tells me it's too late today there in the central time zone but first thing tomorrow morning they will get right on it. Call the next afternoon to find out what is happening and am informed it will be the next day before they will know anything for sure.

Again call the next afternoon and am informed that they can't get a repair company to come out and will make a decision about just paying what I spent plus tax towards another water heater, this by the way is Friday and they won't have an answer until the following Wednesday. All this time I've no hot water. They can't find a repair company, give me a break. The phonebook has three pages of appliance repair companies. This is a scam in my opinion, either that or they're not smart enough to use a phone or computer.

Original review: April 23, 2018

GE French door refrigerator was delivered from Home Depot at 6pm of 4/20/18, around 9pm a horrible squeaking sound from the brand new refrigerator. My husband quickly went to Home Depot and reported the new refrigerator. The staff said that manager has left and need to come back in the morning. The following day, my husband went back to the store to report and want to return the refrigerator so we can get a different better brand of refrigerator. Home Depot refused a return of refrigerator. They are going to replace a new GE refrigerator. But what if it's going to be the same. Don’t we have the right to return?

Original review: April 20, 2018

One of the worst experience I have ever had. This review is for the product delivery/installation process for a dishwasher and microwave. I waited over 2 hours past the 4-hour delivery window, before I gave up and call it quits. The delivery/install folks was suppose to show up between 10 AM to 2 PM. I called around 1 PM just to make sure everything was on track, the customer service lady said, "Yes you are delivery #8 and they are currently on delivery #7." I called again at 2 PM, the same story. I kept hearing, "Oh they should be there in 15 min" every time I call to find out what was going on. Eventually I gave up at 4 PM. And by 5:30 PM I still had no idea what happened (3 1/2 hour past the 4-hour window). I eventually got a call at almost 6 PM, saying something went wrong, we can reschedule for tomorrow at 9 AM!

Original review: April 19, 2018

The worst! Three of the most unprofessional delivery workers ever. They were not able to disconnect my washer. Claimed it was corroded and stripped. But then again they didn't know how to shut the water off either. I had to hire someone else to remove and install. Took him a whole 30 minutes to complete the job. No more Home Depot for me. Three times and you're out. Shame on me for going back each time.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought a hot water heater from the Home Depot Store Maple, Hts, Ohio on 4-11-2018. When I got it home and paid the installers to install it, a little while after I got upstairs I was called back down to take a look at the hot water heater I had just purchased. And shown a big dent at the bottom. I was asked what I wanted to do. I told him if they thought it might be a problem, he told me to wait while he called the manufacturer. Rheem told them the problem and they asked him how deep was the dent and told him it should be ok but it was documented and told it had the 12 year warranty. The installer asked me what I wanted to do. I told him if they said it should be OK then go ahead and install it, because I did not have the time to have it repacked and have him take it back and pay the installers for additional time.

At the same time I called the Home Depot store where I purchased in Maple Hts, Ohio and explained it to the customer service person. They seemed as if they did not care if I had just purchased damaged goods from their store. So I got online and answered the survey about my recent purchase experience and marked the box to call. The next day I received a called from the store manager. He stated his name was Scott. I explained the situation. He asked me if I had the receipt and a photo ID. I answered yes and also told him the installers took a picture and sent it to my phone that I could also show him. He asked me what he could do to make it right.

First of all I did not like how he turned it around and put the ball in my court after stating he would give me $40. He told me he would be in the next couple of days at 12 noon when could I come in to talk to him. I told Scott that most likely Monday the 16th but I was not able to make it until Tuesday the 17th and when I reached my local Home Depot in Maple Hts, Ohio. I went to the customer service counter and told the young lady I was there to see Scott. She began to interrogate me with questions my name, why did I want to speak with Scott, what was he going to do for me so I told her which really felt uncomfortable, because Scott told me he would talk to me and tell his managers the situation.

She called Scott from the customer service desk told him I was there, he never even came out to talk to me or see the picture of the damage goods I bought from the Maple Hts Home Depot. I thought this matter was very poorly handled. Luckily there is a Lowe's home furnishing store closer to me than Home Depot. I was hoping to show him how damaged the water heater was and explain how frustrating my day had become. And if he felt like $43 was compensation for buying goods and having installers calling about the product and the possibility of me paying extra for the installers taking it back and having no hot water was the solution to this problem after buying other big-ticket items at his store. His insight is very dangerous for the future of the Maple Hts Home Depot. Thank You for not solving my problem and switching my loyalty in the future to Lowe's for my future rehabbing of house.

Original review: April 13, 2018 Purchased LG Refrigerator Freezer online from Home Depot. LG refrigerator freezer is not cooling food adequately. Home Depot does not help or take enough responsibility for problems with the product after it has been sold to you. Home Depot should not sell online items for which is does not provide adequate
    customer service. LG tells me there are no LG supported service techs in the area. Customer Service call was 1 1/2 hours without a solution except for a callback.

Home Depot should be monitored for online sales without customer service for product failure.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs