Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Home Depot Appliances
2.89/5

Home Depot Appliances

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

970 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

Had a HORRIFIC experience with Lowe's with a delivery of a washer and dryer. In the end, I just cancelled my order and took my chances with Home Depot. Ordered on 4/21, got the appliances in no time on 4/25. Delivery team installed everything right then and there - took less than 10 minutes. It was absolutely amazing and stress free. Wish I just bought everything from Home Depot instead.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Let's get this out of the way. LG makes a lousy refrigerator. Home Depot sells them. Our refrig broke down after only one year. Of course the factory warranty had expired and thank God we purchased the extended warranty. For $250, it covers the fridge for 5 years, and we needed it. Two compressors later the thing sounded like a washer and the local appliance repair center which serviced the warranty had refused to work on it any longer. They said LG has been stiffing the repair shops and not paying their invoices so they will no longer service LG appliances. Just great. Home Depot went to bat for us. They sent over a small "dorm" size fridge to hold us over. They were constantly in touch with LG, the warranty company Asurion, and their home office in Atlanta. We got two food reimbursement checks totaling over $800.

Eventually, they persuaded Asurion (with our help in the form of constant phone calls to their supervisory personnel) to reimburse us the full amount we paid for this cruddy fridge. No strings attached either so we can run it till it drops, which by the sound it's making could be any day now, or go buy a new one. It won't be an LG by the way. So most of the reviews on this site deal with gripes and problems and I just wanted to give a positive review of Home Depot, for without the extended warranty and their help, we would be out to the tune of well over $3000. Buy their appliances but be SURE to buy that warranty!!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I went into the Darien, Illinois Home Depot not expecting better service than the previous store I had just left. What a shock: salesperson Cynthia ** took personal interest in me, gave me all the info on all top loading washing machines, and she did not worry about time. In fact, she saved me lots of time by being efficient, zeroing in on all my concerns and warranty questions. It was sensible to make the decision to buy the model that we discussed. She introduced me to Oscar at the Refrigerator department, another super salesman I will talk to again.

Original review: May 26, 2019

We were scheduled for the delivery and installation of our washer and dryer today between 12 noon and 4 pm. They called around 3 pm to say it would be 30 min. It is now 5:30 pm and they have not arrived and there is no communication. My husband has called numerous times and can’t get through to anyone. This is unacceptable. We have been waiting all day.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We purchased a new LG flat cooktop from Home Depot where they told us that no one makes self clean ovens anymore and everything is now “easy clean.” Sounded great at the time, but what a nightmare this feature is. For starters... 200 degrees for 10 minutes is not going to clean an oven! I was instructed to clean it every few weeks and it wouldn’t be a problem. I have been doing this and when the cycle is done there is nothing but greasy water in the bottom which has to be soaked up with a sponge, which then becomes saturated with grease. The sides and bottom of the oven are still coated with grease and then I love to spend the next 2+ hours with soap and vinegar trying to clean the oven. Talk about going back to the dark ages! So disappointed with this product. Won’t ever buy another LG product or shop at HD where they blatantly lied to us about the self cleaning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher a couple years ago, along with the rest of my kitchen and laundry room. Extended warranties on all items. The dishwasher in particular has been a thorn in my side. Three claims over the past year and half for the LC (leak?) error code, three repairs. During my third claim, I called the store of purchase and pleaded with them to help me procure a usable dishwasher. They stated they could do nothing for me, I had to continue to go through Asurion for repairs.

Last week my fourth claim went in, hoping to just get a refund under the (clearly stated) Lemon Policy. The technician came out yesterday and verified the issue was indeed the same as prior visits, and he informed Home Depot (or Asurion). Today I am told that I will not be receiving a refund because the dishwasher is under Samsung's warranty and they simply transferred me to Samsung support to schedule yet ANOTHER technician visit. At this point I just want a refund on the dishwasher, and the extended warranty because it is completely useless now. Shame on Home Depot for offering such a horrible extended warranty and even being associated with Asurion. Now I am stuck without a dishwasher until yet another service call gets scheduled. I'm sure this will require yet another day away from the office to babysit the technician while they assess the issue and order another part... Then another day to install another part. The saga continues.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Writing about my 2 experiences with Home Depot installers. The first was last year when we bought an over the range microwave. Delivery was scheduled for a Wednesday, and we were told that we had to remove the old unit. So I did that Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning we get a call that the microwave didn't come in, and won't be delivered until Saturday. Remember the over the range part? I had milk crates holding up the cabinets over the microwave, so couldn't put the stove back until the install done. Three days of no hot meals besides toast.

Install crew comes out Saturday, bring in microwave, ask me to sign for it. Say they were never told to install it. Showed them the receipt saying install paid for, they called someone and argued on the phone, then put the microwave up. Afterwards, they ask if we want the box. Nope. They then took some stuff out and said they were "extra parts". I didn't realize that the vent damper was extra, but I guess it is when you leave it taped shut (found that out when HD sent out another installer, who, per the store manager, "goes around and fixes the problems when the outside crews do installs."

So, we needed some new windows in the house. HD running a special on windows installed, so I ordered them and put 25 percent down. Set up a delivery date and time. Get the robocall every day for a week reminding me of the install info, and have everything ready when they get there. Supposed to arrive between 9-11am, I call my "project manager" at noon, never got a callback. Call the 800 number at 1230, the woman tries to contact the installer but he's not answering his phone. She confirmed the delivery date and time as being correct. Get a call from a district manager at 130 telling me that the installer, after coming to the house to verify the measurements, never submitted his paperwork. Delivery date and time to be determined, and oh yeah, one of the windows to be replaced broke yesterday and won't close, but that's not their problem.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We bought a washer and dryer from Home Depot a couple weeks ago and had a awful experience. First time they came to the house to install they showed up without the stacking kit so they couldn’t install them. Had to wait another week later for them to come back out to install, second time they came out they ordered the wrong size stacking kit so again couldn’t install. Third time they came out to install the men looked lost and didn’t properly install the washer, they left a hose disconnected so water leaked everywhere. So after 3 visits, missing work for the delivery time slots, spending continuously money for their mistakes they still didn’t properly hook up our appliances. We will NEVER again order appliance from Home Depot, worst experience ever!

Original review: May 8, 2019

This past year we purchased a new stove, microwave and refrigerator. All were Samsung. The Microwave started sounding like an airplane motor. The stove is not configured properly. When I put something in the Microwave the knobs in front of stove turn on. Usually you have to press in and turn the knob to turn on. But my stove just turns on with a little pressure. Very scary if you have young children.

The worst part is the refrigerator. It is beautiful but Samsung put a defective ice maker in their refrigerator. We have had 2 repairmen out twice already for refrigerator and once for microwave. In less than a year, Ice maker freezes up and no ice is produced and it also leaks. We bought a stainless steel and it is made with such cheap product that dents with hardly any pressure. I am very disappointed in the products we purchased and will never buy from Samsung or Home Depot again. Less than two years ago we purchase a Samsung washer, dryer and large TV. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will last. Cheap materials used to build these products. Beware because we spent a lot of money and are still paying for them, and they are not worth it.

Original review: May 7, 2019

On November 26, 2018, my wife and I purchased 4 major kitchen appliances from our local Home Depot store in Palm Harbor, FL. We had to wait for the microwave until mid February 20, 2019 before it was received and installed. Our issue was installation: The microwave was installed by the trucking company that delivered our appliances. The microwave was damaged beyond repair during the installation. Home Depot told us that we would receive a new replacement for the damaged microwave by about May 20, 2019. When we called Home Depot in May 2, 2019, HD said there were none of our model LG Microwave in stock and did not know when they would have them in stock!

In short, HD told us to buy a microwave from another distributor and they would refund our microwave from our HD store account! I said that I would be paying more for the microwave and didn't have room on our credit cards for nearly $800 in charges (with installation and shipping). When we tried to find another solution to the HD issue, we were bounced around from appliance department to front desk to store manager - all of which did not resolve our damaged microwave. Also, while installing our microwave, the delivery company also damaged our new LG Range! Where do we go for assistance? We have exhausted our remedies and still have an issue~!! It is an LG Microwave, model MVMH1117ST - stainless steel with convection and sensor cooking! Only place found in stock was Appliance Connection - online!

Original review: May 4, 2019

Purchased a very pricey refrigerator and matching range to be delivered. Received automated phone call the night before that delivery would be between 1 and 5. 5:00 comes and goes. No courtesy call that they were running late. Delivery company is rude and Home Depot totally not helpful once you've paid them their money. They never showed up. After many phone calls with both companies we were told it would come first thing in the morning. Well, the next morning we spoke to the delivery company and were told that our stuff is on a truck in the warehouse because other people were scheduled for the day so they didn't know when they would get to it. Days later we have no idea when it will come. Home depot won't refund it at the point. We've been tied to the house for a week not wanting to miss it if they do come to deliver. We will definitely never use Home Depot again.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a refrigerator from Home Depot. The 1st one they delivered was severely damaged. They had already taken my 2 year old refrigerator which was sold out for me to place in my garage. While carrying it out they dropped its side damaging the left corner and scratching the rest of that side. They told me instead of bringing the old one in house they would leave it and send a new one. While placing it in space it was a little tight. While one of the delivery men pushed the it the other one pulled on my new cabinet. He pulled out board from the bottom.

I made sure they wrote on receipt that refrigerator was damaged. They told me I would receive call later that day. I waited for hours and never received a call. When I called them back they had no idea what I was talking about. After arguing with them they offered to take $100 off refrigerator. I told them no I want a new refrigerator. They gave me a date for delivery of a new one. I received call the day before and minutes before the delivery they called to say it was never put on truck.

I then received a call from their warehouse and was told that they had never received it from the manufacturer. They set up delivery date for another delivery. I then say what are they going to do about my refrigerator that they damaged. They said that I would have to call the delivery company that they sub and file claim. Of course no one could give me that info. When I finally got their info I placed many calls in over a year. No one ever returned my calls. I finally gave up. I forgot to mention mention that the 1st time they made a delivery a delivery to my home the year before they tore up my brand new linoleum and was going to leave. When I mentioned it they told me to pulled out the dryer a few inches so I would not see it. They did finally agree to replace it. I am out $400 for the damaged refrigerator. Their delivery service is a joke! They don’t care about their customers once they are paid for your purchase.

Original review: April 20, 2019

First off Home Depot subcontracts the moving to third parties. Normally they are suppose to give you a 30 minute notice when they are on the way. I got 5 minutes. When they arrived they told me that my washer was connected. While I was unplugging my old appliance they left without telling me and drove off. They were suppose to come between 9am and 12pm. Today I got the 30 minute warning 1 hour ago and no one has shown up. Current time: 2:27 pm EDT and still waiting..

Original review: April 20, 2019

We had the WORST SERVICE EVER. FIRST of all, we kindly asked to remove his dirty shoes or wear “boot socks” before coming upstairs to my laundry room, he gives a clearly reply saying “NO we cannot do this as it is Home Depot policy.” I clearly called the head office to ask what policies Home Depot has and she had told us he is allowed to wear boot socks over his shoes. Second, this Home Depot location did not provide us with ALL the necessary detailed such as, not telling us that we have to remove all the pipes from our old laundry washing machine by ourself and how we can not use a old pedestal for our new machine. He kept on saying “He’s a busy worker and has 20 orders after us and this is wasting his time” when in reality it was a waste of our time and money. We payed for shipping and handling and service fees for installation.

When they came to deliver it they were the RUDEST PEOPLE I have EVER met. He brought the machine to my driveway and started to leave until my sister said that we PAYED for installation and then he had started to say “NO, SHOW ME THE BILL” acting like we were lying to him. When my dad showed him the bill his eyes opened up and started walking upstairs WHERE he BROKE our CHANDELIER and didn’t say anything about it until my sister saw him KICK IT TO THE SIDE. (What kind of customer service is this?)

When getting to the laundry room he PUSHED my dad to the side (which is ASSAULT) and started to remove the pipes from my laundry room when he could have done this from the beginning. He insulted me infront of my neighbourhood by yelling at me and he left my laundry machine unhooked without installing my new laundry washing machine. He gave us a very hard time. I would NOT recommend anyone to purchase any type of appliances from this location as after we had told the store manager this has happened, nothing was done to meet customer satisfaction. If I could give a 0 in this review I REALLY would.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Let me start off by saying that I understand that the Delivery/Installation company is contracted through HD, and not actually employed by HD and that they have minimal control over these companies practices, but they need to rethink their partnership with the people they are choosing to represent their company. We just had our THIRD terrible experience buying a major appliance from Home Depot. The first one was a refrigerator when we moved into our new house. It is French door style stainless and one of the doors had a huge dent. Luckily it was just cosmetic and they were able to install it and just came back later to replace the door with a new one.

The second time, the dishwasher in our rental property was starting to show its age and was on its last legs, so we replaced it for our renters. Thank God it was still somewhat functioning, because relying on Home Depot's delivery service to be prompt is a joke. The whole ordeal was almost THREE WEEKS. We waited about a week for it to be delivered. It arrived and of course it was damaged. Not minor damage, but the whole front was caved in like it was literally dropped from the truck onto the ground.

Obviously delivery was refused. So then they give us another date for the following week. I call Home Depot to dispute this, asking why they cannot expidite it in some way since we've already waited a week and it was not our fault that it arrived damaged. Why should we pay the price for their screw up? HD basically told me that they have nothing to do with the company and they have no control over it. Basically just told me to kick rocks. I asked if she could put a note that if there was a cancellation in the schedule before our delivery date if they could call and put us on early. She said she would. Not surprisingly we didn't receive a call before our scheduled day. So delivery day #2 comes, it's uncrated, luckily looks great.

They get to installing and tell our renter that they can't install it because of a plumbing issue that was apparently not code. Ok, I understand that. They have protocols. They have to follow to cover themselves. I get that. They told us to have a plumber fix the issue and they will come back (in almost another week) to install it. To just Install it. No appliance on the truck to unload. Just 10min to install a dishwasher. I spoke with a plumber that was able to get out there THE SAME DAY and fix the problem. I had asked if he could just install it instead of having the delivery company come back and he told me that to have him do it would be a lot more expensive and that we were better off just having them come back to do it since we already paid the $20 for the installation. So we waited. FINALLY after almost 3 weeks the dishwasher was installed.

We should have learned our lesson after this, but we went with HD again after our old washing machine broke last week. I looked at several different appliance stores including Lowe's and some of the online only ones. The others were either 2 weeks out for delivery, charged shipping, or were more expensive. HD was a week for delivery. For some reason I didn't look at Best Buy until AFTER we ordered through HD because it is not the first place I think of when I think of appliances, and they're usually more expensive. I was disappointed we didn't, because they deliver 2 days out from time of order (in our area, anyway. Apparently there's a warehouse close by). They also deliver on Saturdays, and the washer is actually the same price through them. If we had ordered through them we would have had the washer 2 days later.

But whatever. We already ordered it. So we'll give HD one more chance. I told my boyfriend that if they screwed it up this time we were done. That we were canceling it and ordering from Best Buy. So, washer was scheduled to be delivered Thursday (yesterday; at the time of writing. For context.) Got the call Wednesday confirming delivery. My boyfriend took work off for Thursday to accept delivery. So Thursday morning he gets a call at 10am stating that the driver had an emergency and they were cancelling our delivery and rescheduling it for Monday. Which means for the second week in a row we have to go to the laundromat to do our laundry because we don't have any clean clothes for the following work week.

Don't get me wrong, I have a heart. I hope the driver is ok of course. But to cancel deliveries that people have waited most likely over a week for and taken off work for? No. You put those deliveries on another truck and another driver just has to work a little bit later that day. That is what any other company would do. This was the last straw. I got on the Best Buy website, went through the ordering prompts, and they had openings for Saturday for delivery. Same price we paid at Home Depot for the washer, installation, haul away, everything. We called Home Depot, cancelled our order, and ordered through Best Buy.

Never again will we order another appliance through Home Depot. We will still shop at their stores. But as far as anythin#g not carried in store, especially anything big and expensive that has to be delivered. Never again. Home Depot: these contractors you are hiring are bringing your name and company down. The proof is in the reviews. PLEASE make a change.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I bought new appliances from Home Depot. The staff in the Department was wonderful. The calamity with the delivery was absurd. I was called by the delivery people on March 30 to tell me that my microwave arrived damaged and they would not deliver it. They said they could not get another until April 10. The remaining appliances were delivered by rude delivery men. After my dishwasher was connected it was found to be not working. I called Home Depot and they were going to get another but, I had to wait until the 10th. Apparently there is no stock of any appliances in FL. They all have to be shipped from the abyss at a glacial pace.

Now we are at the 10th and no appliances yet. I am told by the store that they have not arrived. Then l was told they are in the warehouse but can’t be delivered until hell freezes over. Next, I am told they are not even in the area. Nobody knows what is going on and communication with me is not happening. Finally, I insist that the nonworking dishwasher be picked up so that my new counters can be installed and the old countertop can be removed without damaging the dishwasher. It took 3 days for Home Depot to figure out how to pick it up.

Meanwhile, Home Depot is telling me I cannot possibly have my appliances until the April 23. The delivery people keep changing the appointment day to the one day of the week that I am always gone even after I tell them 4 times. Finally, they change the delivery day to another day but, nobody tells me. After a few times I started getting angry. The end of the story, Home Depot refunded my money for the dishwasher and will give me the dishwasher with installation. The delivery people have to deliver them to the store and the manager will bring them to my home. This entire goat rope will never happen again. I will buy from Home Depot but not appliances. They need to learn to properly communicate with customers and they absolutely need to change delivery companies.

Original review: April 17, 2019

It took us 4 weeks to get our LG Fridge/Freezer to work. We had purchased an extended warranty when we bought the LG from Home Depot. It stopped working and we called to report it. The service company hired by HD had no record of us, so we had to fax info that we had purchased the unit and had an extended warranty. Then they couldn't find anyone to service us!! They told us to find our own service people!!! Which we did within 5 mins using the computer. To make a long frustrating story shorter.... it was fixed 4 weeks after reporting it. That is 4 weeks without a fridge or freezer!!!! Shame on Home Depot for using such a terrible service company that are unprofessional and don't know what customer service is!! We will never purchase another appliance from Home Depot and we will make sure everyone we know hears our story!!! Buyer beware!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I own a property management company and own 28 apartments. I order appliances often. I recently ordered a dishwasher from Home Depot on 4/7/19. I noticed the address on the order was wrong and for some reason the delivery zip code defaulted to the zip code on my Home Depot account. I called Home Depot delivery at 1-800-455-3869 and was told to call GE delivery service (wrong info as usual). I called GE delivery and I was told they would make the correction and no problem on the delivery. The delivery never came. I called GE back and I was informed that I need to call Home Depot. Round and round we go. I called Home Depot home delivery and they told me they would iron out the zip code on the delivery, reschedule for another day and call me back by end of business day on 4/12/19. Nothing happened and I never heard a word.

I called Home Depot delivery again and I was informed that I have to call GE delivery on Monday 4/14/19 to finally rectify getting the dishwasher to the correct address. (another lie) I finally escalated it with a huge battle and found out that the original order needed to be cancelled by a Home Depot rep and another dishwasher would have to be ordered. The whole process would have to be started all over again. Representatives who work for Home Depot home delivery are clueless and there is major training issues and customer service problems with Home Depot Home delivery. They have no idea what they are doing nor do they care about customers and quality customer service. There is no One Call Resolution. They are horrendous and will now lose me as a customer. What a waste of my valuable time!!!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

3/20 I ordered appliances range, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher to be delivered 3/25. Paid for everything and left the store oblivious to the frustration I had just created!!! 1. 3/25 Appliance delivery never showed up...no call no show they claimed I was mot home. When I called Home Depot they said they had no control as they use a 3rd party delivery service. 2 hours of on hold later I finally convince the delivery to return 3/26. 2. 3/26 they show up, remove all old appliances; install dishwasher and range and microwave, tell me the fridge will not fit and basically leave me with no fridge. 3. I notice microwave is damaged (it looks like they dropped it) while I am cleaning up all the drilling mess they left... Several trips to Home Depot later Home Depot sells me a new Whirlpool fridge and schedules my replacement microwave for 4/1.

4. 4/1 they arrive with the fridge but alas, no microwave. 5. Several hours on hold, they agree to come out with replacement microwave, which they damaged, 4/4. 6. 4/9 no show again, they claimed again I was not home as I am sitting on my couch calling them. 2 more hours on phone with Samsung and Home Depot. Home Depot manager agrees to call me back 4/10. 7. 4/10 after several attempts to contact Home Depot I call Samsung and maybe a microwave will be delivered 4/20.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Despite the fact that GE's cooktop was 29.5" wide when its specifications on-line and on the box stated that it was 30" wide, I am now unable to return the cooktop. Had I taken the cooktop out of the box and seen that it deviated from its stated size (and thus wouldn't fit in my space) within 48 hours, I could've returned it. But now my $650 purchase is worthless to me and Home Depot will not do anything to help me.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a dishwasher at Home Depot and had it installed. It broke in 3 days... I called Home Depot and they tell me that if it is past 48 hours of installation, they can't do anything and I must call the manufacturer. First, I never had an appliance break in 3 days and I wasn't aware of the 48 hours. When I called the manufacturer, they were sorry for Home Depot and was able to quickly arrange someone to come out. I must give Whirlpool a thumbs up for that. The rep at Whirlpool told me that Home Depot is the only company who has this 48 hour policy. Lowe's has a 30 days policy in such situation.

There is always a risk of getting a lemon. Therefore, I will never purchase any appliance from Home Depot with their stupid 48 hour rule. Go to Lowe's and buy the same thing and get it installed and if anything happens, you will at least have 30 days... NOT 2 days. Home Depot's policy is designed so 99.9% of the people who get it installed can't return a broken appliance.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We researched for a long time to get a front loading washing machine to have the door open and swing to the right. Delivery in Edmonds area on 3/28/19 11am. They were quick to carry down old one and bring up new one. We left a towel I showed them to wipe wet area from leak from old one before they put in new one. They came out, asked for signature and out the door quickly. Wife went in to find wet area and brown steps. Also, she was not aware to check the door did not swing open to right which they should have completed. Husband had to remove the door and replace to other side which took unique drill bits for the screws and a considerable amount of time. They probably just did not want to take the time. So much for paid delivery/installation and customer service. Next time will shop elsewhere.

Original review: March 26, 2019

This is only the second time I've ordered something online from Home Depot. Should have got the hint when I wanted to buy a 24' ladder and have it sent to the nearest store to me. They said this was not possible so they would mail it to me! No way. The second (and last) time I will order online, I ordered something from what I believed was the store closest to me. However it was shipped from a different country and at the far end of the continent. So instead of arriving in 3-5 days, it will take about a month. This is absurd. Will never do it again.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We always buy our appliances from H.D. This time after 15 yrs of having a Maytag w/d we decided to upgrade to a Samsung front load on pedestals... Used dryer once weekly for two seniors and after a few yrs of little use, it became terribly noisy and we found out that Samsung is aware of this problem but does not offer any recall or assistance to fix it. Almost $3,000 for the set that barely lasts... Totally disappointed in Samsung and we never buy again.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Home Depot delivery options is a broken system. We ordered a brand new Electrolux washer and dryer a month ago through the store. The delivery was set to take place a week and half later. Upon delivery, we found the washer with a dent on it and refused delivery. The driver mentioned to call Electrolux and schedule for a different set of the same model. He also mentioned they can deliver late until 8pm. We called and found out the delivery for Electrolux was another week and a half out and the earliest would be on a weekday. The scheduler had also mentioned that she will put in a request for delivery to take place at later time around 6-8pm window.

Yesterday I receive a call and expecting to receive my deliveries from 11am-1pm. I immediately call them to tell them that I will need it at a later date. She insisted the schedule can’t be changed. I asked what is the latest they can deliver and she placed me on a hold as she tried to contact the delivery team. She came back to the call and notified me the delivery department is closed and to call back again in the morning. I called in the morning which was the day I was supposed to receive my washer and dryer on 11am-1pm window. I asked them if they can push my delivery back and they said they can’t. I said no one is home and I will need to change to date and the earliest would be same day next week. I explained that I am unable to be home to receive the equipment on weekdays and the best they could do was 2 weekends out.

I was upset at this point due to the lack of ownership Home Depot and it’s delivery services has taken to own up to the washer reschedule which was clearly Home Depot's and delivery's fault. No extra care was given to make things right. I will stay away from Home Depot after trying to get this situation resolved but they keep pointing at their system that there is nothing they can do about it. I spent 3 weeks waiting and now I’ll be another week before I get a refund then will be going back shopping again. Thanks for the waste of time Home Depot and the huge amount of stress you put me through. Systems don’t make your business, customers do. Take ownership of your faults. I am seeing a lot of issues with your deliveries now that I am writing reviews. Do something about it. With the amount of time I wasted with Home Depot, I would’ve saved money and had a washer/dryer already.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I would like to alert consumers of Home Depot that the 0% deferred interest is a scam. I purchased a washing machine for under $1000 in 2016. I have been paying $27 per month and was at 0% interest for 18 months. They placed me on automatic debit and I was not receiving statements. Years later, I was wondering why $27 was continuing to be deducted from my checking account. I called the customer service line of the credit card and was told that I currently owe over $1000 on the card. I immediately paid it. I spoke with Citibank just now and they were not able to help with the situation. I will not be shopping at Home Depot any longer and I am not surprised that they have such poor reviews. They will probably be going out of business soon.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Don't waste your money on the warranty and I will tell you why. We bought an extended warranty through Home Depot because we have had issues with new appliances in the past. We got the warranty for our GE dishwasher and as we expected the dishwasher broke about 7 months into ownership. Here we go, this gets WILD SO READ ON.

I called the warranty department and spoke with a lady about my issue, she asked the normal things (name, address, model number, serial number etc). After giving her the info she says "Oh it looks like you canceled your extended warranty," and with our my copy she can't go any further. I said "I most ABSOLUTELY did not cancel it, and I still have my warranty paperwork to prove it." (Make sure you keep your warranty paperwork.) I'm sure she was hoping I didn't have it.

Their shady tactic #1. Once I give her this mysterious warranty number she says "Oh yes. I see it now, let me transfer you to a technician. Hold please." I'm thinking, "Ok. Cool. We are getting somewhere." WRONG.

Shady tactic #2. This is where it gets wild. After being on hold for about a minute THE SAME LADY picks up the phone and says "Warranty technician. How may I help you." I said "I just talked to you, you said you would put me on hold for a technician." She says "We never spoke before." I said, "Are you kidding me, I have been talking to you for the last 10 minutes, you ARE the same person. I can even hear the same background noise." (People talking in the background in heavy middle Eastern accents.) She said "Hi. This is tech support." I said, "Ok I'll play your game even though we just spoke." So I explained what's wrong with the machine. I told her it's not draining water after its cycle. She had me do the old turn off the breaker and turn it back on routine. I did it and it fixed nothing.

Shady tactic #3. She said, "Ok send a picture of your warranty paperwork along with the receipt." I said, "You all already have it in your system, you even told me that after I gave you the warranty info..." Then she says ""Oooh thats right." I quickly said, "See I told you. We just spoke"!!! She then tried to change her voice to sound like a man IN MID SENTENCE, and said, "That wasn't me". My mind was blown at this point. I said "Look I just need this fixed, you have all my info. Let's get it done". She said, "Ok. The tech will call to set up the appointment." That was weeks ago... I have called 3 times since then and each time they say "It's in the investigation department." My guess is they plan on keeping it there, so they will just hear from me daily and be on a 1st name basis.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I had an appt for W/D installation. It took 3 trips before it was installed. The techs they sent out would find reasons why they could not do the installation. The last set of techs called 30 mins prior to inform me they were on the way, I asked him to remove shoes or wear booties. He hung up. When they arrived it was an adult tech and maybe a kid in high school. He stated he is not taking his shoes off and that I could reschedule. They both spoke very little English. Mind you it was raining that day.

The install was done and the younger tech took one of my storage bags to use for debris. This was a large see through with handles without asking. I informed him that it wasn't a trash bag and you should have asked. The adult tech also stated his shoes were not dirty while walking in and out of the condo. At this point I just wanted it over with. However, I did call Home Depot delivery services to file a complaint. I have heard the term bottom of the barrel but this is ridiculous.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I'm having an issue with my LG washer I purchased 5 years ago. The technician came out and indicated the problem was between two internal parts of the washer within the drum. It would cost between $500 and $600 to fix. Home Depot is saying they won't cover it because I overloaded the washer, which I did not (I only had a throw in the washer). The technician is guessing as to what the problem is and can't verify unless he takes the washer apart which Home Depot won't pay for. I didn't renew my warranty for my washer or dryer because what good is it? DON'T BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT AND EXPECT ANYTHING COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY. Also, the supervisor I spoke with was very, very rude.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Delivery is handed off to private freight companies, who CONSISTENTLY OVERSCHEDULE! Supposed to get delivery on Mar 6, which was already 10 days out from our purchase date but it was soonest. Okay, that day they were so overbooked, couldn’t make ours even tho it was on the truck! Freight co says they will call to reschedule (They didn’t call, we had to call numerous times).

We expected next day—we’re next up right? Noooo, they are already booked full (aka consistently overbooked) for the next week——we are bumped to their next available spot which another week out!!! What?? Other people get theirs on time but we go to the bottom of the list?? Absolutely ridiculous! They don’t hire more drivers or adjust the schedule. HOME DEPOT DOESN'T CARE, THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY! The Freight Company doesn’t care, they get paid same no matter what and there is no incentive for them to change how they operate. So you the customer just have to suck it up and it all works to others convenience and profit! So expect to get your appliance in 3-4 weeks, not the 7 days they tell you!

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs