Home Depot Appliances

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Horrible installation experience with Home Depot. I ordered a GE 30 inch slide in gas range and oven from Home Depot, along with installation, a gas range installation kit, and haul away of my old unit. As promised, the HD installation crew arrived about 7:45 AM (Saturday morning), they removed my old stove (I'd already disconnected and put it on their truck). They brought the new stove into my home (note, unlike some delivery services, they came right in w/dirty feet etc, no hardwood floor protection). They had already uncrated the stove, then proceeded to put the flexible gas line on the stove, and then said they could not fit the gas line to my gas shut off valve.

Mind you, this home is 1981 construction, code-conforming, and Sears had installed a gas range in exactly the same location about 8 years ago with NO problem. The installation crew abruptly halted their work. Said they had 20 installations to do today, then packed up, and said they would file an "exception report" that they could not install. They then drove off, leaving me without any stove, a new stove in the middle of my kitchen - with nothing assembled --- tags and everything still on stove, burners still in the packaging. They didn't even leave the instruction manual or the installations manual(!)... NOTHING. Just left me to figure out how to get my stove working on a Saturday morning.

I drove to the local Home Depot to ask for some help on a resolution. Two of the staff graciously tried to help, but they kept trying to come up with adapters etc. for 3 hours (!) and one of the people from plumbing finally told me I'd just have to use a 3/8-inch line. I said I couldn't, because the older line had been bigger - and I needed a 1/2 in line. I asked if that wouldn't be insufficient for the stove, and he said - it would be fine - it would work for 17,000 BTU. (I told him the main burner for the stove - alone - was 17,000 BTU and said I didn't think it would be sufficient. He said "Oh, your other burners might go down a bit if you turned them all on at once"). This was BS - so I finally just got fed up and walked out of the store.

I wasted 4 hours or more driving to the store, in the store, talking to Home Depot on the phone. Finally, at 1:30 PM, I just decided to do the installation myself, so I went to a different hardware store, bought the parts I'd need, headed home, and had the stove up and running by 2:45 PM. (1 hour and 15 minutes from leaving home for the hardware store, getting their help, bringing the parts home, and completing the installation complete with the anti-tip bracket the "installers" never put in.

I'm fed up with Home Depot, and I will be hard pressed to EVER shop there again. An installation I PAID FOR was never completed by their "installers". They left me with a mess that I'd dare say most homeowners would not know how to resolve on their own (let alone have sufficient monkey wrenches and adjustable crescents etc. to complete the installation. This was a HORRIBLE installation experience, yet the manager at the store said this happens all the time. They have many customers complain that appliances are installed or aren't properly installed...and Home Depot seems to just wash their hands of the whole issue.

They did refund the cost of the installation, but not the installation kit and I ended up spending from about 8 AM until 2:45 PM (most of it talking with their local store staff patiently trying to get a resolution to no avail). I finally lost my cool and walked out. No customer should be subjected to this treatment and this incompetence on installation. In balance, I wish I had told Home Depot to just drop off the appliance and I would have installed it myself from the beginning, but at age 63, I was treating myself by paying for the installation service. Very poor performance Home Depot.

I just got my Amana Washer and Dryer yesterday from Home Depot. Dryer works great but Washer is defective on first day received. It's brand new and defective. Tech will come in 3 days to fix it. Nonsense. I should have read reviews first. I will never buy an appliance at Home Depot because them too didn't want to take product and return. Instead they said the Vendor will have to check it out FIRST because it has guarantee. Stupid. I'm Sooo Upset I regret buying This Brand AMANA.

I ordered a new range and refrigerator from the Home Depot website on 2/15/2017 and scheduled delivery for 2/24/2017. When the refrigerator was delivered it was damaged and returned. The delivery for the new one took another 10 days, March 9 because the delivery contractor in my area only worked two days a week and was booked that long.

The day before I get a call that they will be there between 4 and 8 at night. At 7:30 I get a call that they are on their way. They never show, so about 9 PM I call the number on my cell I received the call from. The man tells me they had to reschedule. I never received a call to tell me that. He also adds that the truck is not supposed to be out past 7 PM. If that is the case why did they schedule an appointment from 4-8 and why did he call me at 7:30 and say, "He was on the way"? He also says he did not call me back because he could not make outgoing call from that phone. But he had already called me from that number as that is how I got it to call him back.

I then call Home Depot and the lady calls this delivery company and they tell her that everyone in scheduling is gone and to call back in the morning. She puts notes on the file and asks me to call back in the morning and they would call again. I do that and they call and are told the delivery vendor they use only deliver to my area on Thursdays and Fridays and the earliest they could is 3/16/2017 and she says that someone from the delivery service will call me once the figure out what happened. Still have not heard from them. I know this is not Home Depot directly delivering but it is their vendor and I bought from them so I feel they bear some of the responsibility.

Horrible appliance delivery service. Forget the whole same day delivery. First they have to order what you want and you have to wait for it to arrive, then once it arrives you have to wait to be scheduled for what's a three part service they don't tell you about. You find this out when the company that's delivery their product for them calls you up to schedule. I got a call from a company telling me when I was scheduled for my dishwasher to be delivered. Then they informed me that someone ELSE would call to schedule the actual install. Ok is my dishwasher going to sit here for a week waiting to be installed? Thankfully that company called me and said they would install it the NEXT day.

My delivery window was between 3 pm-7 pm I got a call at 5:30 from a lady in the office saying they were on their last hour of deliveries, and that they would call me 30 minutes before arrival. 8 pm rolled around and no call, no dishwasher and no one in the office of the delivery company to talk to. At 8:20 pm I get a call from the driver that they are 10 minutes away. So at this point I have waited 2 hours for a call, I have no idea what's going on and I have no one to talk to because the office is now closed. The dishwasher finally arrives at 8:30 pm. And all the driver can say is "Oh sorry, busy day." Ok I get busy days, and I would probably be a bit more understanding if I had gotten a call telling me you were running behind. Some kind of a heads up would had been nice, where I'm not spending my night wondering if it was coming at all.

Now Mind you, I also paid to have the old dishwasher hauled away. I asked the drivers, who are in a hurry to run out the door, who takes the old dishwasher? Them? or the install guy. NEITHER! Now once it's the new one is installed, I have to call Home Depot and schedule to have the old one removed. Are you kidding me? Who has time for this mess? Where I'm suppose to keep it waiting for a scheduled pick up is beyond me as well. I don't have a garage. So I guess the old one sits in my dining room like the new one is now.

This is a place best kept to buying your plants and DIY material. Anything else past that is worthless, Home Depot doesn't do the work themselves anyway. They hire 3rd and 4th party people not just for install services, but to deliver their own products as well, while pushing that cost off to the customer. Might as well save the time and money, weed out the middleman and go straight to a company that does their own work. It's been one aggravating lessoned learned call BGE home if you need appliances. Or even Sears. Need a roof or fence? or any other product installed? Call a roof or fence company. They are going to sub the work out anyway, and it doesn't save you a dime if anything it's more expensive. There is no communication of how the process works, I guess if there was not many people would be going through them if they knew.

I ordered a brand new refrigerator from Home Depot. The experience at the store was wonderful. Everyone was helpful and nice. I, like many others, were excited to own a brand new refrigerator. I cleaned my old fridge the night before to ensure no bugs were in it. I made a pathway for the delivery people to ease in and out. However, the delivery service was a nightmare.

The people that arrived complained the moment they entered my house. First, they complained about my floor and demand I clean it up. Second, they complained to their bosses about switching the door hinge. Luckily, the hinge was fine. When I told them that, they said "good." Their job is to deliver, install, make required changes, and leave. Saying "good" for refusing to do your job is not a good sign. Third, their refusal to haul my fridge away when I paid 15.00 for haul away service is unacceptable. Their excuse was "it has bugs in it." I already said it was clean in this review, so this answer was sheer laziness. I had to beg them to move it to the nearby junkyard in hopes someone will pick it up.

After all the trouble they caused, the movers had the audacity to ask me to give them a good review! I was so angry. I went back to Home Depot and retrieved my money back for haul away. Meanwhile some stranger picked up the refrigerator. If I knew that, I would have saved myself 15.00. I will not return to Home Depot to purchase appliances again, and I hope you don't either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Doubtful this will get any response, but figured I'd try to share my recent experience with HD and their warranty program for appliances. I have an LG fridge, and after 6 months it had a problem with the ice maker. I called and made an appointment for service, and was told the tech would be out on Monday, Feb 27th. I took time off to be available for the repair person (as like most people, I don't have a house servant to do that for me). I was told someone from the repair vendor would call me to confirm, which never happened (STRIKE 1 - poor communication).

I then reached out to them directly to make sure they were coming. They indicated they cancelled the service call because they did not have an LG certified tech on staff. They said to call HD to see who was being sent out instead. I called and found out they did not schedule a replacement vendor (STRIKE 2 - they could have called to let me know they were not able to make the appointment). One of the supervisors did try to get someone out that day from LG, but they were not able to make it. (STRIKE 3- took time off for no reason.) They indicated they would reschedule and come out next day.

When I asked the supervisor about compensation for me taking time off and them missing the appointment, was told they would check. Just got a call saying they can't do anything to compensate me. So for those who are considering an appliance purchase and warranty coverage, just remember how much HD values your time. How much is a day off worth to you, and how would you feel if someone stole that from you? Very dissatisfied... HD has failed to look out for their customer in this case.

Pathetic service from Home Delivery America. That's the company Home Depot uses in NJ. I have been brought to tears by these guys. 3 installation attempts have been made already and the machine still not installed. First machine they installed was damaged. Asked to reschedule another installation, second one had a big dent when it arrived. They just took it back. Third time they come with a new machine and say that they do not have a paperwork to take away old (installed/damaged) machine. They just leave without even communicating properly. They hardly speak English. This is the worst customer service experience I have had in my life! My family is been taking off from work every time to stay home for installation for these idiots to come and then just leave without finishing the work.

The issue is still not resolved. Now I am in process getting these pathetic guys pick up the dishwasher and get my money refunded. Even that is taking hell lot longer. There are far better shops who would be able to provide awesome appliances installed with much more peace of mind. I am going to take my case to higher consumer authorities. But for people who plan to buy any big item from Home Depot, BEWARE! You'll find better companies who actually care for customers.

I am writing to you to express my complete dissatisfaction with your company. My wife and I have never been treated so horrible before. We placed a large appliance order online on February 5th, 2017. We ordered a Samsung front load washer and dryer. Along with the appliances we ordered a stacking kit. Delivery was scheduled for February 8th. I was able to get home from work in time to meet the delivery. The two men who came one was not able to do any type of install. The other gentleman was too heavy to fit into the room to remove our old (stacked) washer and dryer and install the new one. It was extremely embarrassing for him and for me. He had to tell me he could not fit and would not be able to complete the job today. He immediately got on the phone spoke with his manager and put us on the schedule for Friday February 10th.

I called the 800 number and confirmed we were on the schedule for the 10th and later that same night my wife called to reconfirm and also express how unhappy we were about what had happened that day. There was no concern on the other end from Home Depot not even an apology. "Yes you are on the schedule for Friday. You will receive a call Thursday. Thank you for calling Home Depot." Thursday at about 530 pm I called the 800 number again because we had not yet received a call regarding our delivery window. Once again we were told we were on the schedule but no time yet we should be getting a call around 7 that night. We received no phone call. I called AGAIN this time there was no one available to help us at all. Not that we were getting any help from anyone anyway.

I called our local store at 6am and got a direct line to the delivery service. They were even less helpful. I was told their truck went out already. It was full and they would not deliver to us. I asked about Saturday the 11th. Again, "Our truck is full we won’t deliver to you. We can put you down for Tuesday February 14th". I took a day off of work to be home. The guys came on time except one rather large detail. They were here for a service call. Our stuff was not on the truck. At this point I am beyond furious. So I make yet another phone call to customer service. "We cannot attempt delivery until Friday February 17th." No you have to do better than that. Nothing was done for us. No attempt was made to help us in anyway.

A little while later I get a call from Home Depot. Now I am being told that they cannot locate our washer and dryer. We have to do a dock search and we will get back to you. No one ever called us. So at that moment you had $1398.90 of my family’s money and the merchandise that you lost and we have nothing. We have since cancelled the entire order. We went the next day to JcPenney’s we told them about the awful experience with Home Depot. They went above and beyond for us. We upgraded our appliances and got a better price. My wife and I will not be returning to Home Depot.

On 2/14/17 around 8:35 p.m. I went to Home Depot to buy a washer and dryer, as they were on sale. I asked for credit as I will be paying a down payment of $500. I only got a credit limit of $500 do I had to put 541.59 on it. That was bad enough but when I got to the register to pay the balance, the clerk said "I forgot to tell you, you don't qualify for the 12 month interest free financing, and you will be paying for the hookup." I asked why aren't I getting the 12 months free financing? She (Cynthia was the associate) said because I did not put the whole amount on the credit, and paid with 2 different payments. I said "how could I pay it all with credit, when I only got $500 credit and the total amount was 1041.59." She shrugged her shoulders and walked started walking away. I pointed to her and told her she will be hearing from me.

I had already paid the $541.59. The delivery was to be on 2/17/17, and when I got home, I thought about it, and thought if they were going to play dirty that way, I don't want the merchandise or the credit. I had to work nights and on 2/15 while at work, wrote to the better business bureau about them. I went back on 2/16/17 and told them I do not want their business, that they told me wrong, and took advantage of me, and that I wanted my money back and their credit card back to them. I was told that I had to get a RMA confirmation before they would give me back my $541.59 or close the credit.

It is now 2/19/17 and I have not gotten my money back. It is not my problem about an RMA as the merchandise was never delivered. I am going back to the BBB on 2/20/17 if they don't give me back my money. I am going to also call the corporate office. I am so angry that they won't give me my money, but I will keep fighting. Don't get Home Depot merchandise or credit. They are bad business and don't care about us.

Ordered stackable washer and dryer. On delivery the washer appeared to work. Dryer was very loud and sounded broken. Refused both, stating they were a pair and I would like a replacement dryer. Both were returned on delivery and a mess was left in our condo. When delivery person returned (2 weeks later) they came with just dryer and not washer. I decided to return both for refund. When I called Home Depot was told that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. This infuriated me that I would be charged for restocking a broken item and I asked to speak with manager.

2 hours later I was called back and informed that I would not be charged restocking fee because I never accepted items but that I would have to go to local Home Depot with credit card in 3 days for refund. Just got back from Home Depot and was told that the delivery company can't locate the original washer so I have to return in 3 days to receive refund or until it is located. I'm concerned it was misplaced and this will carry on indefinitely. Never signed for anything. Not sure why I am financially responsible for their mistake while they try to locate washer.

I am so disappointed in what is happening currently with my appliance purchase. We purchased all new appliances on 1/31/17 and still have not received them. The company Home Depot contracts has failed to bring them and messed scheduling, has lied to cover their mistakes and no one, Home Depot corporate office, Home Depot delivery support or the company Ralphs Transport seems to care one way or another. Leaving me with the choice of waiting until they feel like delivering it, missing more work or canceling the order and purchasing from somewhere else and having to wait longer. This is so disgusting!

I am in the process of renovating a home we just purchased and I will be taking my business from this day forward to Lowe's or any other supply store. I understand, as do many customers mistreated by you, that you could care less if I take my, what is no doubt small purchases in your mind to another store, but that is exactly what I will be doing since Home Depot cares so little about customer satisfaction. And I will also be taking my company purchases to another place of business. As a CEO of a local company myself, I get to not only stop purchasing personally but also through my company. I will do all I can to encourage patronizing businesses other than Home Depot among all my friends and family. And I guess my and my family have to continue living without appliances until Home Depot decides to deliver the items I have already paid for!!

My 93-year-old mother was talked into opening a Home Depot credit card to buy a Maytag Washer/Dryer at the Mesa Store in AZ, #406. The washer has a loud grinding noise and shakes violently when it spins. Home Depot will do nothing about it even though they advertise that there is a 365-day return policy when you purchase using their credit card. However, they then say all washers and dryers are "special order", and they do not allow returns. All they do is refer you to Maytag, who just say that is the way these machines are, and they also doesn't stand behind their products. A total runaround and passing the buck, selling defective products and then refusing to take them back. Don't fall for their false advertising.

I've had an appliance delivery scheduled for 02/03 with the simple requirement of 9 am - 4 pm delivery which is basic for Manhattan buildings. They came after hours and were sent home. They were very rude to me and to the building staff about their lateness. I was rescheduled for 02/07 and although I called a few times to make sure they know the time allowed they came at 5:15 pm!!! Again were rude and this time the next delivery is 02/16 which is 13 days delay from my original date. I have tenants moving in on 02/10 and will be without appliances for a week!!! The company doesn't care. The manager didn't call me back after many messages. They hang up the phone on me on regular basis and this is after it takes an average of 40 minutes to get someone online. I got some people from HOME DEPOT involved but no one could get me an earlier delivery date.

Bought a Ceiling Fan for my bathroom after my old one started making noise from the motor. I found one at the store I liked. Bought it but once home I opened it and it was dirty. Clearly someone had the same model and must have swapped them. I haven't tested the one I got but I would bet it doesn't work. One part was missing too. Don't they inspect returned items? All I have to say is no matter if they swap it out for a real new one no problem the damage is done. I will add a pic of receipt and item in used condition later today.

Dead washing machine on arrival. Got the runaround. Just wanted to let people know not to buy any electrical appliances at Home Depot. Bad, bad customer service... Not buying anything else at their store. They give you the runaround. They blame Mabe, and Mabe says if they want they can change my machine. They just throw the ball back and forth. Horrible experience the stress they gave me, the running around, calling back and forth. So people watch out for whatever you buy at Home Depot. They do NOT give a ** about the customer. P.S. Meanwhile it's almost 4 weeks living in stress. Who is going to compensate me for all this?

I purchased all new appliances post flood. I received all of them in a timely fashion, still in box/and crated because my home has not started repairs. The delivery company told me that I had 48 hours from when it was opened to report any problems. He documented on the receipt note it was still in crate. Unfortunately when I placed the crated fridge in its place I saw it would be too big, so I went to the local HD store where I purchased it to talk to someone about a "pick-up for return" and an additional purchase of a smaller fridge at HD. Went to appliance center and she told me to call the online HD number for pick-up return.

The online HD told me they did not handle that it was the local store. I spoke to the service desk at HD and she said that I had to speak to the delivery company but it was closed on Sat. I called the delivery company... it was open! They told me the local HD had to process it. I walked back to the service desk to have her talk to the delivery company on my cell phone. Service desk told me the COS was not in till Monday and to come back. Arrived at the service desk on Monday at 1:20 pm. Left the service desk at 3:15!!! (Yes that long a wait because only 1 person in the store can handle... this the COS) after paying pick up fee and amt. of refund upon receiving the fridge. Scheduled pick up Monday a week later.

Today, Monday morning, I am awaiting a call to tell me what time to expect them to come pick up. I saw a missed call. (I assumed it was possibly the pick up company (FYI - the pickup company is different from the delivery company.) The guy answered and I asked him when he was coming. He hesitated and said "where is your fridge", I said "in the house". He said well I will have to contact HD and get them to put a new pick up on my phone. I said "but you did not even come here, you called 5 minutes ago... did I miss the pick up in 5 minutes?" He said "I will call back". He called back and said he "couldn't pick up the fridge". It had to be "like by the "curb" (?!?!) or garage". I said "no one told me it had to be outside the house!!!" (I am glad the weather was nice today.) He said the company that "delivered it" was supposed to pick it up. I told him the HD COS said it would be a "different" company.

10:12 am - I called HD and told them what just happened. She said she would contact the company and work it out. Meanwhile the HD delivery company called and said they had to deliver my microwave tomorrow. I asked them "will you pick up the fridge I am returning." They said they could not because they did not have authorization. I told them my story of the morning. No hope other than contact HD. 3:41 pm - Called back HD. Put on hold, she asked questions. I told her I had the paperwork in front of me, I had a call for pickup but they couldn't get it because it wasn't outside. She put me on hold. She came back on the phone and said a "different company will pick it up" from the delivery.

I laughed. (I wanted to cry.) I told her the HD system between delivery and pick-up for return is BROKEN! I explained to her the above story... she told me the woman in charge was in a meeting and she will call me back to work it out. No one called back and it is 7:30 pm now. HD set a delivery for a microwave tomorrow and the second fridge in a few days, (the same company that delivered my first fridge that is sitting in my house.) Go figure. Has there ever been such a difficult task of returning. I have NEVER ever had one like this.

Home Depot was supposed to deliver a refrigerator 3 weeks ago. The first delivery person said he refused to deliver because Home Depot gave him the wrong address so when he called Home Depot and they told him the correct address, he said, "No," he was done for the day! 2nd delivery just never showed. 3rd delivery was supposed to be today January 30th. They called and said it would be delivered Wednesday. Am I supposed to believe them! Worst customer service ever! P.S. I have no working refrigerator for over 3 weeks.

Ordered and paid for 3 kitchen appliances on Nov 26. So far I've been back ordered 4 times. Still no merchandise. Unhelpful store customer service. Totally dissatisfied with this company and will take all business elsewhere. They sell you stuff that's not available. Horrible.

Bought the Samsung RF30HBEDBSR in September 2014 and was delivered December 2014. Started having problems with ice maker end of April 2016. Called the Home Depot protection plan for repair which started the ongoing 8 month repair that has still not been corrected. 5/7 - Best Electronics came out and replaced the ice maker. 8/23 - J & R came out and replaced ice maker again. 8/26 - Called Home Depot protection plan and told them still not working properly. They said "since you have had a couple of the same issues a supervisor will call to discuss." (NO call from supervisor.) 8/29 - Home Depot Protection plan (not supervisor) called me back saying they are sending out J & R to diagnose.

8/31 - Tech from J & R came out and sealed up the sides of ice maker and said this is a known issue with Samsung and may continue to have problems. The sealing of the sides USUALLY fixes it. (Usually? Guess I didn't buy the right Home Depot protection plan. I thought I bought the one where my appliance actually gets fixed). 11/8 - Called Home Depot protection plan and told them it is still not fixed. They scheduled J & R to come back out on 11/11. 11/11 - J & R did not show. Had family obligations throughout holidays and was not able to call to let them know that J & R never showed. 1/13 - Spoke with J & R and they told me to call back Home Depot protection plan because they already closed out the order. So they decided to not show up and to close service order without anyone contacting me. 1/20 - Spoke with J & R and they were scheduled for 1/23.

1/23 - Tech came out and looked at for a total of about 4 minutes and said "oh this is a known problem and we have to seal it." Told him that another tech previously did that. He said he doesn't have any of the sealant on his truck and will have to order it along with a sensor. He said J & R will call me back to schedule another date. 1/24 - Spoke with Kiesha at Home Depot protection plan and told her of all the issues and that tech came out on 1/23 and didn't have the parts and would have to order. Also told her that this is the second tech that says this is a known problem and may continue to have problems. She says she will escalate to supervisor but still doesn't qualify under lemon because not enough repairs on same part. (Wow. I am just flabbergasted at this point.)

1/24 - Spoke with Lashara at Asurion and informed her of all the problems and she says there is nothing she can do but escalate it and someone will call me. 1/25 - Emailed Social Media Team all my issues. So at this point all I can do is wait and hope something gets done. And miss another day's pay when and if someone comes back out.

Summary: I spent $3200 for fridge. $150 for protection plan. $300+ lost wages having to stay home from work to wait on tech. Which didn't even show up one time. Numerous times out of my day talking to J & R, Home Depot protection plan, and Asurion. And still not fixed. Beyond that I fear for my family having this fridge with this issue.

One of the issues is the ice maker is completely frozen over which I feel may stop the sensors from working properly and cause it to continue to run which may cause the motor to burn out and cause a fire. I know this is very unlikely but with 2 small children in the house I am very uncomfortable having this fridge with these issues and no repair in sight. And with techs telling me what they are doing USUALLY fixes it is very unsettling. At this point I feel no one cares. I will NEVER buy another appliance from Home Depot and all my family, friends, and co-workers will hear of all the problems I am having which will discourage them from buying any appliance from Home Depot.

I gave Home Depot 2 stars simply because the salesman was so helpful. But since that time, I have come to really regret ordering with this company. I purchased and paid in full for a new Samsung washer and dryer. The dryer was delivered but no washer. That is an incredible inconvenience as I moved states to a new subdivision so there is no one I can ask to let me do my laundry. And it's been weeks! Worst of all, no one from Home Depot seems to care or be willing to follow up.

I purchased 4 new high end appliances from the Home Depot. I strongly recommend purchasing somewhere else. They only give you 48 hours to determine functioning of product. The dishwasher I purchased from the Clearwater store was delivered and not installed since upon delivery the driver said he was unable to installed due to location. This was not discussed at time of purchase. I paid for install and take away. If knowing this I would not have paid for the service. Upon finding out I needed to get a plumber out to install. It was discovered several parts were broken inside the dishwasher as well as the hinge on the door.

Guess what the 48 hours were up. Now I am stuck with trying to deal with the manufacturer even with extended warranty with home depot. Home Depot (Clearwater) refuses to do anything about it. My recommendation would if you need to buy from one of the box stores deal with Lowe's. They give you 30 days no questions asked for returns. Stay away from The Home Depot for appliance purchases. They are not helpful or cooperative once they get your money.

We purchased an LG Washer and Dryer from Home Depot after spending a lot of time at home doing research and a lot of time in the store talking to the associate. We made our choice and arranged for the appliances to be delivered and paid for our purchase. Our first issue is that the purchase was charged to our credit card before they were even delivered to our home. I don't like this because now I have paid for a product that I do not even have possession of and I am being charged interest on a product I don't even have yet. If this is the policy, nobody explained to us we would pay for something we don't have yet. I think the charge should be on hold until delivery.

We got our washer and dryer and the washer worked for one load of laundry and then stopped working. We called our Home Depot and the manager said "what do you want me to do about it - call the delivery service" - we called the delivery service who told us to call LG - LG then told us to call the store. After two weeks of the runaround, our appliances were picked up. During this time, HD refused to credit our money back - so now we are paying interest on a broken appliance. Once the washer and dryer were gone it took Home Depot 3 days to credit our card for one appliance - when I called they said we only returned the washer and not the dryer so could credit the card.

Now I had to call the delivery company who told me to call LG - who called the delivery company and verified we did return the dryer. So another call to Home Depot and several more days for the rest of our money to be returned. All in all, it took a few minutes to charge 1600 to our card and 30 days to get the return and credit completed. This is a terrible system and terrible service. I will only buy small tickets items now from Home Depot and not appliances or any type of service.

I purchased all of my kitchen appliances at the same time during their Labor Day Annual Sale. I selected the delivery date based on a remodel I was in the middle of. The delivery date came and went. It was rescheduled but I had to do all the work of calling and calling, sitting on hold for eternity, wasting more time than I can describe. Eventually I received my appliances. Both freezer and the refrigerator were damaged and had to be taken back. I attempted to get the replacement but was told it would be a couple of months. Home Depot has a policy that they will deliver but cannot bring it into the house. They wanted to set my appliances on the street, not even at the door. This is absurd. I am a 60 year old woman and I cannot comprehend that I am suppose to inspect them outside and not then what? Carry them in myself?

Home Depot refuses to purchase the correct employee insurance so that they can provide normal customer service. They just repeat over and over how they cannot come into the house without a solution. This has been the worst customer service I have ever had remodeling. I am honestly shocked at how they handle things. My contractors have spent between 2-4 hours trying to pick up supplies I have purchased that are set in the back until pick-up. The amount of time and money wasted is like being at the DMV. After Home Depot's poor service I have finally gotten the appliances delivered this week, Jan 14th, 2017. This order was placed and PAID FOR around September 7th, 2016. The refrigerator was again damaged from their excellent handling. Fortunately it was in a spot that would be hidden by my cabinet so I was able to keep it.

I had the same experience ordering a custom external French door. I placed the order for this door around the same time. I received it in January 2017. Nothing but excuses and when they delivered it, they were suppose to meet the contractor to bring it into the house. Guess where it was set? Believe it or not, outside on the street leaned up against a stone wall. Anyone could have taken it and if it had rained it would have been ruined. They just left it and drove away. No phone call, no explanation, just left it outside on the street. Not only did the delivery of 3 weeks turn into a delivery of 4 months but even then, they couldn't even offer some customer service. Between the Southgate store or the Pike's Peak store, I cannot even tell which one is worse. The unbelievable bad customer service is identical with both orders.

I don't know if Lowe's is any better but I would highly recommend you think seriously before working with Home Depot. If you have a deadline, like a remodel to sell, you will go broke waiting for them to deliver. If there are problems you'll sit on hold for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours... With no resolve and concessions that are laughable. I received a $50 concession for all of this chaos, that's it.

I ordered a washer and dryer nearly 4 weeks ago from Home Depot and do not have my appliances yet. At purchase delivery date was a week away. At delivery date 1 washer could not be installed - cold water line had a drip every 5 seconds. I hired a plumber to fix the water line. At second delivery washer was damaged; three weeks later I still do not have the appliances! I highly recommend Home Depot hire different installers who can be more timely. Each time I drop to the bottom of the list and another week goes by.

Received a call from LG Delivery today to say that the truck is "stuck in the snow" and we will have to wait another 8 days for our refrigerator to arrive. This is after a previous postponement of week. We bought the refrigerator on Dec 29, 2016 and are now approaching after 1 month soonest... Maybe...

I ordered from Home Depot, Greenville, Texas a Whirlpool Refrigerator in September 2016 with an extended warranty of 5 years. They contract with a delivery service - Daryl Flood - in Garland, Texas which is 45 minutes from my house. They are unwilling to work with your work schedule and would only deliver on Thursdays. I work from home on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. If you live in the metroplex they will deliver several days a week, however, I am outside of the area.

The first delivery to my house resulted in the refrigerator being damaged. So, I ordered another one. Beginning of a nightmare! Then on November 1st, the refrigerator that I was trying to replace started making a very, very loud noise that made a sound like when you hit a red and black charge together on a pair of jumper cables. I thought something might catch on fire so I called the repair man and he said definitely get rid of it. I stayed home every Thursday in October which resulted in missed appointments and the delivery of two damaged refrigerators with the delivery service from Garland.

Finally, Whirlpool got involved and contracted with JB Hunt to deliver a replacement on January 10, 2017. I waited 3 months... This is an outrage. What is even worse, is listening day and night to the loud noise coming from the refrigerator when the compressor came on. JB Hunt delivery was awesome. They laid a carpet runner to avoid stain on my carpet.

I have spots from Garland delivery. They took doors off so they would not get banged up coming in the house. Garland delivery refused to do this. My foundation will shift slightly when we get no rain and then shift back when raining. Garland delivery put a board under the front of the refrigerator, JB Hunt leveled it using wheels on front of the refrigerator. This is the first and last time I will order from Home Depot that requires delivery. I have located other dealers where I can get appliances. Be informed and know what you are getting yourself into when expecting decent customer service. It won't be found at Home Depot.

My complaint is with RAS Delivery Service that contracts with Home Depot. I am giving them 1 star because they did bring the refrigerator in and sat it down. Their performance was VERY UNSATISFACTORY. The delivery & installation by RAS Delivery Service, contracted by Home Depot was BAD and not as described by Home Depot. Two guys, (one named Will) delivered the refrigerator. Set it in the house and plugged it in. Did not connect the icemaker as per Home Depot and did not adjust or level the frig.

When questioned "Will" said he was only supposed to deliver it, that someone else would come and install the icemaker and set it up. He said since I was being "inconvenienced" that Home Depot would make the service call for free! Sounds like a racket by RAS Delivery Service to me. He refused to call Home Depot or RAS to clarify the instructions and left! I called Home Depot immediately and they contacted RAS and the man returned late afternoon and hooked up the ice maker. The ice maker did not work!!! I waited 48 hours and it still did not work!

I pulled out the refrigerator and saw how he had connected the black water supply line on the back. He had it pulled so tight that it was kinked and flattened where it connects at the bottom of the refrigerator. This was during several days of ice/snow in North Carolina. I got a neighbor to come and disconnect the supply line and fix the black waterline that is attached to the back of the refrigerator the way it should be and now it works fine!

To any and all who read this... DO NOT BUY ANY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT!!! Home Depot themselves aren't the issue, but it is their HORRIBLE delivery service that ruins it for them! My girlfriend and I recently bought a Co-op and are renovating. We bought all other appliances from Sears... Wish I kept it that way. We purchased a washer and dryer from Home Depot at the beginning of November 2016, don't recall exact date. We set the delivery for 11/19/2016. As expected, I received the call the day before confirming the delivery. The truck shows up at specified time. The guys come in to ask where we want the appliances, go back out to the truck and come right back in empty handed. They told me they forgot to put the appliances on the truck! Seriously?... OK, kinda worked in my favor as renovation was really going on and had no place to store the washer dryer. I called the delivery service and rescheduled for 1/7/2017.

As expected, I received the confirmation call for delivery to be expected between 9 am and 1 pm. On the day of delivery, there was a decent snowfall throughout the day. Around 2 pm with a no-show, I called the delivery service to see if maybe it was delayed or cancelled due to the weather. Nope, delivery still scheduled. Around 3 pm I received a call from the delivery service and was expecting to be told no delivery due to the weather, which I could have possibly understood... but to my surprise, the reason given to me for not delivering was because there was other boxes in the way that they didn't feel like moving so the washer/dryer never made it on the truck!!! Are you ** kidding me?!

Not only do I now view them as incompetent because of the first screw up, but now I can safely add LAZY to the list!! And maybe you think I'm kidding about the response from them, but my contractor was there and could not believe it himself! I wish I was making this up. So I call the service back first thing Monday morning to reschedule. I explain the entire situation to the service representative and ask for the items to be delivered the following Saturday 1/14/2017. She tells me that they are booked up for Saturday, which I suppose I can understand being right after the holidays and I can imagine so many appliances have been bought with the holiday deals. But after 2 screw ups on their part, I'd figured they'd be inclined to salvage this trainwreck and accommodate me. NOPE!

I asked to speak to her manager and am given the supervisor... I suppose good enough, or so I thought. I plead my case with the supervisor and to no avail, I hear the same song and dance. We cannot accommodate you. The next available delivery date is the 19th. She then proceeded to tell me to go to the Home Depot I purchased it from to see if they will pick it up from the warehouse and deliver it.

So the same day I drive to my local Home Depot in Yonkers, NY where I purchased the washer/dryer. I spoke with James, the same gentleman I made the purchase with. Outstanding guy he is. I explained the situation to James and he was dumbfounded and in disbelief that they told me they didn't want to move boxes to get to my items, especially given the amount of time they had to get the items ready for delivery.

I told him what the supervisor had told me. He went and spoke with his supervisor, although explained to me that that is something they have never done before. He came back only to tell me they won't pick it up and drop it off because they aren't responsible for it and it would void warranty on the appliances. I then ask if there is any way to be compensated for this disaster and my wasted time in store credit or gift cards or something. He returns to his supervisor to ask, and unfortunately, it's no longer a Home Depot issue because it is now in the hands of the delivery service.

Needless to say, I now need to take a day off from work to sit around and wait for a delivery. I will NEVER buy anything from Home Depot that requires delivery ever again! I STRONGLY URGE those who read this review to consider the same. Regardless of the deal you may get, the INCOMPETENCE and LAZINESS and OVERALL DISREGARD FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS is nowhere near worth the deal you may think you're getting!

Terrible experience with Home Depot installers. I purchased a KitchenAid wall oven and dishwasher from Home Depot for over $3,600, including installation. Once they were available for shipping, Home Depot contacted us with a delivery date that was well past the original target date which would completely disrupt our Christmas plans. They told us if we wanted to attempt an earlier delivery date that we needed to contact the shipping company directly. I would have expected Home Depot to take care of this step but we assumed responsibility and did arrange for an earlier delivery date.

The appliances were delivered on Saturday, December 17th. The installers were scheduled to arrive on Monday, December 19th. When the installers arrived they informed me that they were only scheduled to install the wall oven and could not install the dishwasher. They told me that the delivery personnel are supposed to install the dishwasher. I contacted Home Depot about the dishwasher installation. They confirmed that the delivery personnel should have installed the dishwasher. To make a long story a little shorter, Home Depot sent another installer to our house on Tuesday. When he arrived (5 hrs after the scheduled time), he said since there was a piece of wood trim across the top of the existing dishwasher and the fact that we have granite countertops, he could not do the installation and left.

Now we were 36 hours away from our Christmas guests arriving. Home Depot didn’t know what else to do so I agreed to find my own installer (remember I prepaid for the installation and now have been required to take 2 days of vacation to be home for their installers). I found a qualified installer which arrived Wednesday afternoon (a little over 12 hrs before my guests were to arrive) and completed the installation in 2 hrs. The installation cost was $320. I sent the bill to Home Depot and after several phone calls they agreed to pay only $150 of the bill as that is more in line with their fees.

Considering two failed attempts of the Home Depot installers the phrase “you get what you pay for” comes to mind. This was escalated to the store manager of the Roswell, GA Home Depot on Crossville Road but to no avail. Image a business that is willing to lose a customer that has spent over $25,000 at that particular store over an additional $170 expense based on repeated mistakes and missed commitments on their part.

After taking off four hours to get a dishwasher installed two days ago, it is leaking badly. Now I am being told that it will take another 8 hours off of work and 2-3 days to have it repaired, no exceptions. The delivery company is Linkstar. If you want to buy something from Home Depot I'd get another company to install it; maybe someone private that can be reasonably responsible.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.
  • Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.
  • Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.
  • Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.
  • Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.
  • Best for Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Compare Appliance Store