Home Depot Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Home Depot Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

My electric grill finally went out, after years of use. So, I finally thought, get a small propane grill. On August 31st 2022, I went to my local Home Depot, store #4713, and stood at customer service. With the representatives help, I and ordered a new propane grill. I needed it delivered, and I was willing to pay for its assembly. I made it very clear that I wanted the item put together in the store, and the final product delivered to my home, and placed on my balcony. I kept iterating what I was asking for, because before that moment, anything I bought from home depot, that required installation, was done by a 3rd party. She assured me that this was included in home depot's service, and if I had to pay extra, it would show up during checkout.

I learned, weeks later, she was wrong. The product was delivered to the store on time. Something told me to go into the store to check on the order's progress. After a few moments, the different customer service person found the delivered item sitting at "Will Call" (a cart near customer service). After over 45 minutes, we find out that no one knew when the in-house person who assembles items would be in next. I was told the original customer service rep would call me with an update. That never happened. Because of this most recent experience, I knew to check in again after a week.

I waited a week, and went in again. The said grill was now sitting "Will Call" assembled. I verified with this customer service rep that I working with, this time. I ask him about how we can ship this to my home. He has to refund my original payment, and charge me again, but with "free" shipping. Once that's over, I'm assured that the item will be shipped to my home within 3 days. I get the delivered grill in 3 days. To my amazement, when the delivery person takes it off the back of the truck, it's been disassembled and back in its box. So, I'm sitting with a grill I now have to assemble. Which is what I could have done day one, and not wasted all of this time. To reiterate, I ordered and paid for the grill, at customer service on August 31st. I received the disassembled grill in a box on September 23rd. That's 24 days. Home Depot is the last place I would ever imagine this happening. Now, is there any wonder why a person might go the Amazon route?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I purchased a refrigerator on 09/09/22, with delivery scheduled for 09/16, with a delivery window of 1-5pm. The delivery driver called me that afternoon and advised they were behind schedule, and would arrive around 7pm. As of 9:30pm that date, no delivery was made, and online/phone customer service was not helpful. The delivery driver didn't call me with any further updates. I had to call myself the next day to reschedule- even by about 12pm the next day, no one with Home Depot thought it important to contact me.

We moved into a new home that weekend- the home did not include a refrigerator. Unfortunately, this means my family and I do not have a fridge until the rescheduled delivery date of 09/22. This was explained, however Home Depot would make no concessions beyond a standard rescheduled delivery. I even asked them to take the fridge to the store, and I would make arrangements to get it myself- I was told this was not possible. I set realistic expectations when dealing with a large corporation like Home Depot, but in my opinion, this was a complete failure of customer service at the most basic level.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Ordered refrigerator online August 24th and set up to deliver Sept. 6. It was never delivered. Damaged on truck. They never called to let me know. I called and cancelled order. Been 9 days and still have not got credit on Home depot credit card. Called many times and customer service was no help. One excuse after another.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Huge monopoly, they put all the small guys out of business. Where do you go? Home Depot but their delivery is the pits. I don't know who they hire to deliver but there is always a problem and they cannot comply with specific instructions and repeated phone calls to go over how the delivery needs to happen. Ordered a refrigerator for an apartment, gave specific directions on how to deliver, gave 3 phone numbers to call upon arrival. No one got a call that they were there. They showed up and drove off with the refrigerator.

One tenant stayed home to receive the delivery scheduled for 9-1. I showed up at 11. Waited and never informed or called that they did not deliver. I put a call in and was told we missed the delivery. So where were the phone calls on arrival? There were none. Now attempting for a second delivery. Got one date by phone and another date by email. This inconveniences everyone, how hard is it to follow directions? Huge company like this should be better at getting their products to their customers. NO EXCUSE.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I ordered a refrigerator online from Home Depot Aug 22, delivery date for Sept 12, waited all day, was promised delivery by 8:00 p.m., cell phone, home phone, email, text, nothing, Emptied refrigerator 7:00 p.m. and waited until 10: 00 p.m. Today, Sept 13, I got an email saying the refrigerator delivery is rescheduled until Sept 28. How can that be? I am very sad about this and can forgive many things, i.e. delivery person got lost or mistakes made, but not call us is unforgiveable. So I have cancelled my long awaited for new refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Ordered a dishwasher from Home Depot online. First 3 deliveries the dishwasher was dented and sent back. During 2 of these deliveries the worker told me I would need a plumber and they couldn't install it even if it had been in perfect condition. The fourth delivery was sent separately with a plumber. The dishwasher wasn't dented this time, but he said it wasn't functioning properly and the dishracks were dirty/discolored as if it had been used before. So he took this one back along with my older one that was still working.

I've spoke to HD reps several times. They all have something different to say. One supervisor (on 8/14/22) told me I would get a full refund. I received a portion of that. Spoke to another person in resolution dept 8/24/22 and told him I was told I'd be given a full refund (everything...install, tax, haul-away, etc) and he says he can't do that because all the refunds that are possible have been given. That's ridiculous...a giant like Home Depot can do what they want if something is escalated to the proper individuals.

They've also told me to contact Electrolux directly for resolution, but Electrolux said they can only inspect the machine in their warehouse and after that it's out of their control. White glove service they call it, which they have done before on the 3rd delivery...arrived dented. Of course delivery is handled through a 3rd party vendor (Darryl Flood Logistics), but ultimately it is up to Home Depot to contract with who they choose and rectify these nightmare situations. I deeply regret using Home Depot. I have wasted countless hours of rearranging my work schedule to be home, missing important meetings that affect my work performance due to their extreme negligence. I have well documented this with dated notes, names, and pictures of the dishwasher. A couple weeks ago you could view the thousands of complaints about Home Depot on BBB website. As of today their profile is being updated and you can review nothing...hmmmm.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I made the mistake of getting appliances at The Home Depot online. Bought July 8, waited all day for delivery today August 12. At 4pm when apparently the drivers are no longer available to talk to (but they work until 7pm) and my delivery window extended until 6pm they sent a message that my delivery was attempted and failed. Next available delivery date is August 23. I have been home all day, did not receive any phone calls, and only had updates through their tracker page. Needless to say I 100% do not recommend buying anything from this company.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I specifically bought this washing machine on July 4th because it had a "guaranteed" delivery date of July 9th. That got changed to July 11th -- no big deal. Couple of days later it was change to August 11th because of supply chain issues. Now I've got a problem. You knew your inventory or you did a bait and switch. Yesterday I was notified that delivery will be August 11th between 7am and 11am. Today I received a phone call at 7:25am, I'm home, and missed the call. No message was left. Thought it was a spam call because nothing identified it as Home Depot.

At 11:46 I got a call identified as "Home Depot". A message was left indicating that if I don't respond to the delivery people they will move on. I immediately went to the front door and the delivery person was walking up to the front door. I told him to pull around the alley and I will let him into the basement. He told me that he can't deliver the washing machine because he "already closed the app." What? I used a few adjectives and told him to go the alley and I will meet him at the basement. He said "Ok." I opened the door went to the alley and then to the street. He took off. I immediately called "Home Depot" and complained. They were too busy to have them turn around and deliver. I got transferred to a manager and got the same response. Now, I'm facing the third time I've been rescheduled. They were there and did not deliver.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

The absolute worst appliance delivery experience ever! Delivered on the wrong day 3 times then, back & forth with "The Office" resulting in me not knowing if my new appliance even works. Next time, I get it at Lowe's!

Original review: July 28, 2022

I purchased a range and vented microwave. The day before they were supposed to deliver I got a confirmation email. So I was instructed to remove the old appliance and expect delivery and installation (only for the range because the microwave didn't meet the $399. Minimum purchase to deserve installation even though my total purchase was over $1200). The morning of I got a call saying there was a problem with the truck and they might be 3 to 4 hours late. They never came.

Next morning I spent half the day on the phone. They weren't even coming from out of town they were less than a few miles from my house. When I in my frustration I wrote a negative review. They showed up with my goods but no cord (THAT I HAD PAID FOR), borrowed my box cutter because they didn't have one. Promised to come back with the cord, they did not. The next day I went to the store the best they could do is give me another box cutter and the cord to go home and install myself. Promised I would be compensated with a gift card for all my trouble. It's been 3 months and they have done nothing.

Home Depot author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

Home Depot Appliances Company Information