Home Depot Appliances
1.10/5

Need an appliance store?

Home Depot Appliances

840 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My daughter and sons got together to buy me a Whirlpool French Door refrigerator through HomeDepot.com on 8/29/18 for my birthday. It was three weeks before they delivered my fridge and it was damaged when they took the wrapping off. So Home Depot ordered another one, and another three weeks to have it delivered. We discovered the valve on my hot water heater where the line runs from to the fridge for the ice maker and water dispenser was frozen. So they left the fridge in my garage and I called a plumber who came out the next day to replace the valve. Called HD back for installation and the earliest they could get me in was Thursday, 10/18.

So I called on 10/17 to see when my window time was and was told they didn't have any appt for that day for me. So now installation is set for Friday and was told I'd get a call the night before which I'm not holding my breath. 7 weeks and I have a $2,000 fridge sitting in my garage with 90-degree temps outside. They do not want to go above and beyond to help and like others have said, you can't talk to the delivery company and customer service doesn't give a damn about your problem. I will never ever order another thing from HD.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

On July 2 2018 my less than 2 year old Samsung refrigerator stopped working (the temperature in the freezer rose to the 50's and the fridge was in the 60's.) I had purchased the warranty protection plan from the Home Depot so I contacted them. Four months, several dozen emails and phone conversations back and forth with the Home Depot, two repair companies, 6 different technician visits and 5 changed parts later and I am still without a working refrigerator. In the meantime I have lost 1,000's of dollars worth of food that I purchased after each of the 6 times that technicians came, replaced something, and told me that the problem was "fixed". I had to go out and buy a compact fridge and a compact freezer from the Home Depot so that I could keep some essentials on hand during this ordeal.

After this last technician visited, my unit again failed, spoiling all of my food. I again contacted the Home Depot. I was told that at this time I am not eligible for a replacement or reimbursement but that they have contacted a third repair company that will contact me within the next two business days. The repair companies that they have contact you are just random companies in your area and are in no way affiliated with the Home Depot. I see no end in sight. If you are going to buy a major appliance from the Home Depot do not buy the Home Depot Product Protection Plan. Instead opt for the warranty through the manufacturer.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Appliances not delivered in the agreed upon window. When we phoned we are told that the "truck broke down" and that they had tried to call (the cell phone log disagrees, they did not try to call). Furthermore now we have to rebook and the first date is 2 weeks out! You cannot speak to the actual delivery service just a Home Depot customer service person who has no control about the situation (she will email them to tell them I think it should be sooner, not very helpful). Don't buy anything there that you cannot take home the same day!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I would like to relate my terrible experience with purchasing an appliance through Home Depot.com. I ordered a washer and dryer, over $2000 total order. The first time they attempted delivery, giving me a four-hour window as the minimum opportunity, I had to take off work to be here to accept for delivery. I cleared out the laundry room to receive the delivery and had arrangements for remodeling of the laundry room to start the following day.

However, the dryer had a large scratch in it requiring me to refuse the delivery. I never heard back about rescheduling. I called them about a week later and again was given a minimum of four-hour window to be available. Again took off work to be here to accept the delivery. Again made arrangements for the following week for laundry room renovation. This time they delivered only the dryer, not a washer. All in all a bad customer service experience. The only good thing was that they did not oppose my order cancellation. Now will start over somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

New GE washing machine still doesn't work after 6 weeks. Home Depot does not care about its customers. This has been let sit and is continually postponed to get fixed. Ordered in new-August. Still waiting for a repair. Next repair set October 16th. There will be another delay after that. Do not order from Home Depot. Thought that was a one time experience. Ordered from Home Depot a Dishwasher. They delivered it. After 2 weeks it is still not installed. Their website is misleading about delivery times. They change it after they have it confirmed. It is not worth the hassle!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Went to the store in Northwest Regina looking for dishwasher parts- and an old elderly ** man started staring at me and my partner up and down hatefully- and was racist in his attitude. This place does not like brown people. Do not shop here.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer and wanted them to install the product so they would be accountable for any mishookups. They did not specify the tools they needed to hook up the appliance, so I went back to the store to buy those. When they delivered it the first time, they said that my wall parts were too old and needed upgrading, so I did that. When they came again they said they do not install in a cabinet. It was under a counter. They said they would not cut the tube to make it fit properly so they are basically making it fit enough. Not having a strong sense in the work they were doing. I will NEVER buy from Home Depot again for a major appliance. I will be at Lowe's.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered my refrigerator online 9/2. It arrived to me 9/11 damaged. I had to call no less than 5 TIMES on hold for almost an hour each time to try to get a redelivery date -- they just kept telling me "someone was going to call me soon" with a new delivery date. I called the store and was told "Too bad -- we can't help you since you ordered it online." Really???

Finally had a re-delivery 10/6. Damaged AGAIN. Delivery people said they would get it rescheduled -- what a surprise, no one has called me. I have seriously never seen anything this bad. After googling this, I realize my huge mistake in trusting Home Depot. Will NEVER buy from them again and will tell everyone I know -- go somewhere else!! I seriously can't believe they can consistently treat people this way and still be in business.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Ordered a new dishwasher on 9/19/18. They told me it couldn’t be delivered until 10/9/18. This morning I get an email saying that my delivery window is 12am-4am. I chatted with Home Depot rep and he gave delivery company (Appliance Home Delivery) my info. They (Appliance Home Delivery) send me an email saying that my new delivery window is 10/9/18 between 6p-9p. That didn’t work for me (nobody will be home). I called to reschedule for a morning appt. and was told that the computer picks the times based on addresses and they couldn’t give me a morning appt. I now will be receiving my dishwasher on 10/20/18. Why is it that every other company that delivers can give a morning window. What computer are they using? Watson? My old dishwasher is on porch and plumbing is disconnected awaiting the computer's decision. Good times.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Long story. I purchased 6 appliances during a sale last fall. It seemed like a good time to save some money and get very needed upgrades to our home. I had no idea that this would be the worst customer service ever! I was promised that I would have them by Thanksgiving and that did not happen (11/20 delivery got pushed). Purchased in early Nov. 2017 FYI. They did give me an ice box so I had a working freezer for the holiday (I was so disappointed to not have them when my family got here).

So here is where is got really bad. New delivery date of 11/27 got pushed and then again on 12/1! So finally an new date of 12/5 and the delivery company came with a damaged oven, washing machine, microwave, and the wrong item # for a pedestal to go with the dryer (which was not caught when ordering with the salesperson). The 3rd party delivery company said that I should refuse the damage items and that they were going to order new to replace and call with another delivery date, so I waited and waited.

Finally I call a week or so later to HD and found out that they were never reordered! SO another delivery date was made for 12/27/17. The work order was wrong and they said they could not install 2 items I believe. I paid for all installs and take away! SO when they finally came with the remaining appliances the fridge got scratched and my door damaged and I found out that the 3rd party delivery company hired another delivery company to deliver my order and they were so unprofessional!

HD tries to blame LG and the other delivery companies but refuses to give me right compensation for this major waste of my time and distress. They mentioned that the freezer should be more than fine for my time and offered $100! I think they wanted me to give up and go away, but I was reminded that if I do not speak up more and more people will be taken advantage of and that's not right! I wasted time and stressful energy on this. I need to be compensated correctly for this. BUYER BEWARE!! I filed a complaint with the BBB and hopefully they will do the right thing. Buy small and local is what I have learned from this experience. I have never written such a bad review before but had to.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Home Depot uses RAS delivery to deliver the appliance. RAS is simply the worst. After 3 trips my oven is still not installed and on the 2nd trip one their employees stole a portable power tool from my home. Home Depot is supposed to deliver and install appliances. LOL not in a nice way. Complaining to Home Depot delivery support is a joke. They have no control over RAS and bluntly even if they did the Home Depot people are helpless and hopeless and clueless. I thought I was safe to order an appliance from a big chain like Home Depot. Boy was I wrong. I should have read the reviews first which tell the tale of consistent consumer problems with RAS and Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Bought a GE package from Home Depot delivered on 9 22 18. Delivery company was terrible. Put door on refrigerator wrong. Ice buildup in fridge. Called to let them know about poor setup. They cannot come back for a week. Upon further inspection can see that door strips are faulty. Had to turn off fridge and use old one in basement until they can come out to fix. Installer should have seen problem when installing but so interested in getting out of house. They did not make sure it was working properly. TOTALLY disappointed with service. Will never use again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My husband and I ordered a washer on August 30 2018. When he submitted the order online he noticed that the address that the washer was to be shipped was in another state. He called the customer service department to let them know. One of the first people he spoke with told him that it was his fault. He was transferred to someone else to resolve this. He was on the phone with several different people throughout the evening. It never arrived at the destination it was supposed to go to. To make a long and harrowing story short and after over seven hours of back and forth with different customer service reps, and ten or eleven days later, we cancelled the order. We were told that we would get our refund to our bank account (we used a debit card for the purchase) in 7 to 10 days.

After 10 days we still didn't have the refund, so I called our bank to file a dispute. The bank gave us provisional credit. So today after 27 days since we made the purchase and still no credit from HD, I called and HD told me that everything had gone through with the credit, I told them, no that it hadn't, that the bank gave provisional credit until this was settled with HD. This woman transferred me to the nearby HD and this person said that since it had been paid with cash that they had to send us a check for the refund. I told her that no, we paid with a debit card. She insisted that they had to refund by check and this would take up 21 days for us to receive it. I will never do any business with Home Depot again. We have been customers as long as I can remember. No one ever said anything to the fact that there was an error on their part or that they will do everything to get this cleared up.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery appliance package 09/08/18, it was delivered 09/15/18. Fridge worked great for two days, on day three the ice maker continuously got jammed. We fixed it our self but continues to happen. Finally stopped working completely, after about 5 days. Went into Home Depot and they advised me to call the manufacturer. So I did, they are also unable to help me. Only solution is to send a tech out, with no convenient hours. So now I will have to miss some work to make this appointment. For a brand new fridge 5 days old. Seems like no one is willing to help. Returns is not an option so basically stuck with this faulty fridge and no one gives a crap.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Hello all, it’s Disappointed Consumer again! Home Depot is totally outrageous! Here’s an update – Eventually, on Tuesday the Home Depot service team came to my house and moved away the old washer machine from my garden. The service team supposedly repaired the new washer with leakage problem. I was at work so my same sibling requested them to leave after the testing completed but they rejected and left in about five minutes of stay. Ten minutes after they left, the new washer was leaking again wetting the floor so severe that again took us a few hours to clean up. We are at a loss of what to do and called Home Depot again to file report/complaint. The manager claimed nothing they can do except to replace the new washer but cannot deliver the replacement until a week later.

How can one swallow the fact buying a washer from top appliance brand as LG costing more than $800 and buying from renowned retail Home Depot can get this kind nightmare experience! A simple washer purchase is now taking already 3-4 weeks and I am not even sure the replacement washer yet to arrive will actually function and passing through my door successfully and smoothly. I can only keep my fingers crossed. Most annoying is LG sub-standard washer product and Home Depot unacceptable, non-helping service. Being LG top line washer costing $800 can yield irreparable defective performance even after repair, what can we expect from LG lower cost washer?! Being well known as community-friendly yet Home Depot service can be so negative and depressing, what good products and fair services can we expect to get from them?! Again, sharing my anger and frustration with you all. Disappointed Consumer.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

In June, I purchased a dishwasher, microwave and stove from Home Depot after purchasing a new refrigerator from them in May. The delivery of the fridge was great. However, I had several issues with the second purchase of appliances. The first date they were supposed to deliver the appliances they didn't show and didn't call. I rescheduled and the exact same thing happened again. I rescheduled a third time and the delivery company came and took out our appliances but did not bring our new ones. We went a week without any appliances except our fridge.

The fourth time we rescheduled they finally delivered our new appliances. I called customer service to explain the horrible service I received and they promised me $50 to reimburse for the problems with delivery. It's three months later and I still don't have our reimbursement for such horrible service. Every time I call to ask where it is, I get the runaround and am given another number to call. I'm extremely frustrated and don't know what it will take to get the $50 (which in my opinion is not enough for the amount of money I spent on new appliances and the inconveniences I went through to get them).

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We purchased a dishwasher from our local St Louis store on 9/2. It was delivered on 9/11. They do not install same day - they have ANOTHER 3rd party vendor outside of the delivery service come to install - well, they discovered the dishwasher was damaged and put in a request for a replacement on 9/11. We were supposed to receive a call with our new delivery date by 9/13. By 9/17 we had not heard anything even after multiple attempts to reach people at several numbers so we cancelled our order.

First, we were told that the cancellation went through and we'd receive a confirmation email and they'd pick up the damaged dishwasher. I never got a call after that either, so I called back 2 days later and they said no, we can't cancel the order until the damaged dishwasher is picked up so on 9/19, I scheduled the pick up for tomorrow. So far, we do not have a window of the pick up time so I called AGAIN. Now they are saying that the order is not cancelled, and they have to wait until the delivery of the replacement can be scheduled before they know what time the pick up will be so they can do both at the same time.

WE CANCELLED OUR ORDER. WE DO NOT WANT A REPLACEMENT. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. No one will take responsibility, no one has any answers or resolutions and the story changes every time I call. We'll probably just have to pay the Home Depot credit card charges to avoid collections for a dishwasher that was delivered damaged, never installed and does not work. I will NEVER EVER shop at Home Depot again. This has been a HORRIBLE experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Ordered a dishwasher from Home Depot. Delivery date was almost two weeks later with installation the next day. Product delivered and the next day the installer removed our old dishwasher-which was in perfect shape but my wife wanted a different color--and put it on the truck to haul away which we had paid extra for. Then he discovers that the new dishwasher was dropped in transit and damaged. So he takes pictures and calls in the situation and leaves with my dishwasher we have no dishwasher. Just a big hole in the cabinet where one used to be.

Salesman at Home Depot says someone from the manufacturer will call you. Has now been another week and we have no dishwasher and have not heard from anybody. Went to HD store and talked to store management. No help at all. Even offered to come pick up the floor model myself if they would just get it installed. No dice. So I'm sitting here with no dishwasher except for a defective on taking up needed space in my garage.

Called Best Buy and have one coming and will be installed in less than one week from the time of the offer. Also $142 less than Home Depot. Difference is Best Buy actually carries large appliance in inventory where evidently HD is only an order taker and all shipments come directly from the manufacturer's warehouse wherever that is. So since Home Depot does not control the situation you as a customer are in big trouble if anything goes wrong. My advice is to deal with someone who actually carries inventory and controls the situation. I wish you good luck if you order from Home Depot and there is a problem as you will get absolutely zero help.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I purchased a dishwasher from Home Depot. On the day they were supposed to deliver, I waited at home all day from 8 am to 7 pm and they never showed up. I called their delivery guys and left messages, they never called me back. They eventually delivered the dishwasher a few days later. I had paid for new installation + hauling away of the old dishwasher. They did neither of those two services. They delivered the new dishwasher, left me with the old one sitting in the kitchen and they didn't install. They left. Poor customers service. I will not be buying any appliances from Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

So incredibly disappointed with the terrible service at Home Depot. Will never ever shop here again. I had purchased a full suite of kitchen appliances online and paid for installation and removal of old appliances. Firstly we had a 2 week delay on the initially promised delivery date (not the end of the world, but pretty frustrating). Then when the appliances arrived the crew said they couldn’t install the dishwasher and fridge due to the type of water valve and said I needed to get a plumber. They left me with the old and new appliances swamping our small apartment. I arranged a plumber to install these items and called back to arrange removal of the old items. They cannot remove these for another 5 days – my small living room now looks like an appliance dump with no space to move around, they haven’t completed the work I paid for and nobody at Home Depot seems to care. Terrible, terrible service! Never again!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Lightning hit our house the end of August and blew out all of our major kitchen appliances. We lost our refrigerator, range, microwave and dishwasher. The sad part was our existing dishwasher was only 14 months old and of course this is considered an Act of God so no warranty would cover it anyway. Thank God the our 8 month old washer and dryer were not running so they made it without any damage. We figured now since everything “died” at once, we would get all matching kitchen appliances in the same brand and color (GE Black Slate). So far, not too bad, Home Depot did not have the refrigerator available in the size we wanted (28 cu French Door) and we didn’t want to wait so we went to Lowe’s and they had it delivered and installed within a day.

Delivery went smooth, no damage and they hooked up our water connection for the water & ice dispenser. We purchased our smooth top slide in range and over the range microwave from Home Depot and paid for the install of the microwave. Range and Microwave came and were installed with no issues. We told the delivery men about what happened and asked them to look at the dishwasher connection so that if we needed anything we would have it taken care of prior to going in to buy the dishwasher. The delivery men checked out our “fried” 14 month old KitchenAid and said “You’re good to go, just go select your dishwasher and pay for the install”. This is where the bomb started outside of the lightning a few weeks earlier.

When they delivered our range and microwave, the delivery guys pulled up in front of the house and unloaded the truck at the street. Not the lazy delivery guys bringing the dishwasher, Oh no, they backed up their “Penske” rental truck into our driveway, going over and rutting the front lawn from all of the rain we have had the past days. Come into through the attached garage to check out where the dishwasher is going to be installed. They look at the old dishwasher which I said was only 14 months old and installed by Lowe’s last summer. They open the kitchen sink cabinet and tell me “Sorry we can’t install your dishwasher because your plumbing is copper.” Now I’m a bit confused because I know our house was built in 1998 and still has copper but how many other homes have copper as well.

I told the one delivery guy what the previous guys told me two weeks ago and he said, "No, we can only install if there is PVC piping". Now if you go on to Home Depot’s website, and watch the video about Paid Dishwasher Installations, the only thing they request is a dedicated, grounded outlet, a water supply line that has a shut off and a METAL connector and that the line is not leaking and that the consumer purchases new hoses because they can’t reuse hoses. I told him that and he still didn’t care so we said, fine, cancel the install and we will get someone to install it ourselves. While I was in the kitchen dealing with the paperwork, the other delivery guy takes the dishwasher off of the truck and puts it up against my classic 1964 Chevrolet in the other garage bay.

He never asked where we wanted it put and the one garage was completely empty because we had pulled out the car earlier that morning and parked at a neighbor’s driveway so they would have no issues get the new dishwasher in and the old one out. I came out to the garage and couldn’t believe what I saw. I told the driver who put the dishwasher there, that they had to move it and he just ignored me and went into the truck so here I am sliding the “unopened” box across the garage floor to where there was more room and away from our classic car. I questioned the delivery guy who refused to install it why did I need to sign when they didn’t open the box and he gave me attitude.

As I walked back over to where our classic car is, there is a dent in the chrome trim from them slamming the dishwasher box into the trim and I tried to tell the driver but he just got on the truck and drove away, totally ignoring me. I called Home Depot immediately and filed a complaint only to get pushed around from manager to manager to the call center and then to another manager. Then I get told “it’s the delivery company’s fault”. The delivery company is blaming the manufacturer saying it’s GE who said it has to be PVC and when I pointed out the video I get told, "Well we have to follow what the manufacturer says." I speak to GE and they tell me they never said anything like that.

As for our 54 year old car with 33,600 original miles on it, everyone is pointing fingers at everyone but no one will take responsibility nor has anyone come up with how they are going to find a chrome door strip for that car with the same matching trim color on it. The Freight Forwarding Company called me later that day and after we had a lengthy conversation, she first said, “well, I can tell you’re upset, so I will just call you tomorrow to discuss this”. At that point, I replied, “no, we will talk about this now”. The Freight Forwarding Company that Home Depot uses in Pennsylvania is “Freight Rite” out of Camp Hill. They basically don’t want to take responsibility for ANYTHING and find excuse after excuse for the behavior and damage that their employees caused.

I have photos and everything but they don’t care. If you read the Better Business Bureau complaints about them, basically their delivery team will destroy your property and/or your appliance as well and then they do everything in their power to say it isn’t their fault to the point of downright lying. The washer and dryer we purchased in February was delivered by the same delivery people, Freight Rite. The idiots stood on the dryer to connect the steam hose water line and put a huge dent in the top of the dryer. I told them, "Look what you just did," and, "No. I don’t want this dented dryer." They called it in and proceeded to tell GE that it was damaged in the box.

They lied right in front of me on the phone. I did get a replacement dryer a week later, but they had no problem about lying. Lowe’s in this area still uses its own employees for delivery and the store handles the issues without having the “ring around the rosie” effect that Home Depot does. My advice is to stay far away from Home Depot for appliance delivery and installation. I learned my lesson and I’m going back to Lowe’s from now on but since everything has been replaced, I’m hoping I won’t need anything for a long time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My husband and I spent 1600 on a new refrigerator that was on sale for labor day. We were told it would be delivered roughly a week later. When it never arrived, we called to inquire. We were told the delivery date was put in for a month later. Myself-being the peace maker-wanted to think the best of the store. It was an accident. The guy was new, he entered the wrong date. They apologized and said the refrigerator would be delivered the following week. It was an inconvenience, but a 2nd week-fine. It's developing character, right? Ha!

When it wasn't delivered today, I called the store and spoke to the manager. While he was very kind, there was nothing he could offer to make it right. He said Home Depot merely serves as a show room but... and here's the kicker... ONCE you buy the appliance, they use third parties that don't communicate to Home Depot OR (as we found out!) to you if there is some sort of issue. SO... if there is some sort of back order, you are left waiting. After speaking with multiple managers that didn't know what to tell me, couldn't answer why/when, I suggested CALL LG. He finally did that, and found out it would be a month wait. we cancelled our order. Come to find out, this is something Home Depot has occasion to do. Customer service, damage control, is clearly lacking. I will personally never shop at Home Depot again for anything.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator from the Hybla Valley Home Depot and had very positive experience until it was time for delivery. The first time they were supposed to come they went to the wrong address! I didn’t receive the 30 min call to alert me they were on the way at all. I received a call where they claimed to be outside my door. They weren’t! When I called back they then said that no the original call was actually my 30 min alert call and that they were on the way.

Well it wasn’t. No one showed up and I had to reschedule. They were on time the second time but refused to install the fridge! According to the driver they were, no longer allowed to attach water lines. Well that was news to me! I tried to reason with the delivery company but they refused. Fine, I’m mad but I still have a fridge, but wait I don’t! Before we resolved it the company told the driver to leave with my new fridge! Not only did they leave they didn’t put my original fridge back in place. WORST SERVICE EVER.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator on August 04, it was supposed to be delivered to our new house on August 13. On August 12th I received a call from HD expecting them to provide us with our delivery window, but instead they told us the refrigerator was out of stock and sorry for the inconvenience, and it would be two weeks before they could deliver our fridge. They gave us an 800 number to call, and when we called not only would they not get us a refrigerator sooner, but the only way they would cancel the order was if we went to the store to beg them for our money back. All we wanted was them to credit our credit card for the online purchase price. We ended up going through the hassle of disputing the charge with our credit card company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Purchased a Samsung French door refrigerator and matching over-the-range microwave for delivery. Waited patiently one week and confirmed delivery and installation of both. Made sure both had updated outlets/connections and that there was a clear path to both locations in the kitchen. On the day of delivery, our confirmed 4-hour time slot came and went. We received no notification that the truck was 1/2 hour away so when it arrived an hour late, we had to rush to clear the old fridge of food.

The two delivery men were not friendly and quite frankly seemed to hate their jobs. No apology for the lack of communication or missing the delivery window, despite the fact that I took a day off of work to wait for them. They rolled the fridge into the kitchen, peeled the protective layers off the front, but then left greasy fingerprints all over the doors. They did not level the fridge, connect it, test the functions, and they refused to answer connection questions. I ordered the upgraded braided water line in the store and I had to ask them for it three times before they threw the cheap plastic line at me with a grunt.

For the microwave with the CONFIRMED installation scheduled, the delivery men dropped the box in the middle of the kitchen floor. They did not uncrate, set up, test, inspect for damage, or discard the packing materials as outlined in the basic installation agreement. They refused to help with installation or answer any questions about it. Honestly, it was abundantly clear that they had no intention of helping us and that they couldn't leave fast enough. Thanks for nothing.

Next day, called Home Depot to request a refund on the incorrect water line and report the abysmal delivery and lack of installation. Home Depot customer service put me on hold several times trying to reach the 3rd party delivery service (didn't catch the company name or I would be blasting them on social media, too). Waited about a half hour just for them to suggest that they could drop off the correct waterline I already purchased in TWO WEEKS. When I told Home Depot that was unacceptable, I was put on hold again.

HD Customer Service assured me that I would receive a credit for the incorrect waterline but if it was not satisfactory, I would have to take it up with the retail location I ordered from. I fully expect this fight to continue for a while. As a previous reviewer stated, "If you want it done right, do it yourself." Home Depot, don't advertise that you provide free home delivery and installation if you don't. Sincerely, A Disgruntled Home Depot customer who now shops exclusively at Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher from Home Depot on line on July 28, 2018 and I finally had the dishwasher installed on September 5th; a horror story in itself but nothing compared to my refrigerator experience. Keep in mind that I purchased a new refrigerator because my old one does not work. I have been living without a refrigerator since July. As of today, September 10, 2018 no refrigerator. I have wasted more time than I care to say holding for the actual delivery company subcontracted by Home Depot (FGO Deliveries in my case) and the Home Depot outsourced delivery support company (ASI in my case). They have rewritten 3 work orders each time guaranteeing set up. Well I took August 18th, 28th and Sept 5th and now the 11th off from work and the job hasn't been done yet. They have one more day to make good on their promises but the games have already started.

Thought the support company finally had it all straightened out but I received a message this afternoon from the actual delivery company asking if they can set up the refrigerator tomorrow??? They have a work order so what is this all about??? Of course I called them back and kept my phone on hold for 4 hours listening to music. They never answered. It's really just crazy at this point. So Home Depot, I hold you responsible because I purchased the appliances from you. I think it's time to make some changes on your delivery end. And just for the record, I called the Home Depot customer service line and their efforts didn't pan out either. Come on, do you like these one star reviews? My entire kitchen needs renovating and I was going to use Home Depot. Not a chance now. If I could give you zero stars I would.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

9/01/2018. Purchase AMANA top load washer and AMANA electric vented dryer from THE HOME DEPOT S.HWY 6 HOUSTON. Promised delivery by Thursday the next week. A third party phones me at 1551 hours and tells me to call WHIRLPOOL since they can't deliver due to no stock available. I the poor customer try to contact whirlpool but to no avail.

So I contact Home Depot hotline who eventually get through to Whirlpool about stock availability. Whirlpool phone me and apologize but this does not help since nearly 10 days without a washing machine and they expect me not to expect delivery which I already know about! On 9/9/2918 I again phone hone depot hotline about when to expect delivery and am told maybe the same sometime this Sunday evening otherwise between 1200 and 1600 on Monday 9/10/2018. I thought that America flew to the moon but Home Depot and its associates cannot even organize a washing machine/tumble dryer delivery! What's the saying "If you want something done right, rather do it yourself" holds very true! Come on Home Depot, get with the program!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Ordered a GE washer in store on August 30 at the Cold Spring, KY location and was given a delivery date of September 7. I live in a rural area so this isn't unreasonable. I had to take the day off from work since I didn't have a specific delivery time. I waited all day, no delivery. Not even a phone call to let me know that it wasn't being delivered. I called HD and was told that it might have been the bad weather holding them up (we had heavy rains that day) and the delivery driver wasn't answering the phone.

No apologies for the inconvenience, they just said that they would leave a note in my order to call me the next morning. And they did call...to let me know that my washer wouldn't be delivered until September 14 due to "availability in your area." So basically it's only available on Fridays if they feel like driving that far and the weather is good. I could go on but the bottom line is, unless you live around the corner from Home Depot, DON'T ORDER APPLIANCES FOR DELIVERY. Go to Lowe's, they know how to show up on the promised date.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a GE Refrigerator in May of 2013, at the same time I purchased a five year protection plan for the refrigerator. The refrigerator protection plan expired this year in May, Home Depot on purpose will not send you a notification notice before the protection plan expires and they will just let it expire. Their excuse is that they have too many customers and cannot keep track of all the customer's contracts, please give me a break with the computer systems available now and they do not have a sophisticated computer system.

If you can remember every time you buy an appliance with an extended protection plan and renew it before it expires then you are renewed for another period of time, however should you not renew in time you are screwed since the will not renew the protection plan after it expires and they are hopeful you will forget and not renew. My suggestion to any customer do not buy any type of appliances from the Home Depot, if it fails and you forget the renew your protection plan Home Depot will not in any way give you customer service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My ordeal started on Aug 12th ordering a fridge and a microwave. Delivery date was set for the 21st. Foolishly I went back and ordered the matching range and dishwasher. Suppose to install today Sept 5th. Install am without Fridge and microwave and I just called and asked where the installers were. They are not coming today!! Never again. My credit card has been shredded.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs