Home Depot Appliances
  • 1 star
Based on 160 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Home Depot Appliances

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

657 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My husband and I purchased a 4 door Samsung refrigerator from the Home Depot in Torrington CT one year ago. We purchased the 5 year buyer protection plan and were assured of the excellent customer service that Home Depot offers. Exactly one year from the date of delivery, the freezer stopped working and we lost a great deal of food. The first phone call to their 1-800 number resulted in only one repair company in our area. Upon calling them, we were informed that they were too busy and to ask Home Depot for another repair company to look at our freezer. One week later and three more phone calls to the 1-800 number, as we were told we would receive a phone call from them with the name and number of another repair company, there was no return call and they cancelled our repair ticket. We were told to contact Samsung directly for a refund.

Earlier, we had called Samsung and we were told that they never received notice from Home Depot regarding a problem, so we would need to deal with Home Depot and Samsung can't help us. We are now locked in a battle between Home Depot and Samsung and no one seems to want to help us. Not only are we out the $2000 we paid for the fridge, but also the $200 we paid for the five year purchase protection plan - not to mention the money they promised for the loss of food. And when we called the Torrington store directly for guidance, one of the employees in the appliance department actually told us that at least the fridge was working and we should be happy. This has been a horrible experience and we would never ever purchase another major appliance from Home Depot. Their customer service is of no help and they have been less than cordial on the phone. Customers need to be warned of the lack of repair service that they offer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My son-in-law ordered a gas range for me on November 15, 2017. It was confirmed and would be shipping asap! We were excited - and were given a delivery date range from 11-20 to 11-27. Of course we hoped it might be here the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and were told over the phone that might happen. It didn't come. It didn't come that Friday either, or the Monday, 11/27, following. We did find out it did make it to a warehouse near Atlanta that Monday. It took 2 weeks to go from California to Atlanta. That warehouse couldn't deliver to our home. So it sat all week until shipped to a new shipper that can deliver to our address.

They called, wanted to deliver 12/8 but I asked for something earlier. They promised 12/4 between 10 and 2. I called at 12:30 and they tell me they don't deliver here except on Fridays. The manager, acting like he felt badly, said he called a rapid delivery person who then called me saying they would be after 5:30 delivering it. I said make it 6:30 and I'll be there. I was, it isn't - now 8:00pm, no call, no range, just another lie. No phone call, nothing. $2400 worth of range, days off work, hired service people to install - and no need.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Today... I've decided to fire Home Depot and Whirlpool. 10 days ago, I placed an order for a suite of Whirlpool appliances. Delivery was scheduled for today, December 4. On December 2, the delivery company confirmed the delivery for the 4th and the delivery window. Yesterday, I removed all the old appliances and had an empty kitchen waiting for new appliances (with all our food in coolers).

One hour into the delivery window, Whirlpool called me to tell me that they are backordered and I won't see delivery until December 15. Apparently the countertop microwave was delayed. I asked that the remainder of the appliances be delivered and was told that cannot be done and they have no escalation path. The Whirlpool representative would not give his last name and hung up the phone. My local Home Depot apparently knew nothing of this, and the delivery company never called me back. The local Home Depot said they would try to address it, but I just received a call and was told nothing could be done. So I have a kitchen with no appliances at the holidays, and Home Depot and Whirlpool... YOU'RE FIRED!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I don't know why I even went back to Home Depot. The store and its employees are terrible. They want to charge you $60 to deliver a appliance to the store, to pick up. And when you call the 800 number to try and order you get the runaround. I can say I will never go back. And on top of that they don't want to give military discount anymore. It's only 2%.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Home Depot scheduled the delivery of my new refrigerator for today. I was supposed to receive a phone call yesterday to advise the timeframe of the delivery... No phone call was made. Since I did not receive a phone call, I called the number provided in the receipt documents for follow up. After spending 40 minutes on the phone, the conclusion is that they do not know if the delivery will happen or not. When I complained I used the word "damn" and was told that if I swear anymore the customer service rep will hang up on me. She also told me that Home Depot has many customers so I should understand this... Implying that one customer is not important enough.

She also told me that they cannot make outbound phone calls (as I requested that they call me when they figure out what's going on with my delivery)... Even though they are able to make outbound phone calls to the delivery person (lies). The CSR tried three times to reach the delivery people on the telephone... But could not reach them. It's 9:30 am. Why wouldn't any legitimate business answer the phone? This is pathetic, unprofessional and a complete disregard for the value of my time. Do yourself a favor and purchase your appliance at a local store. Home Depot is way too busy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My wife had to have the French Door Samsung Fridge so we got it. Having read bad reviews on its longevity, I signed up for the 5 year Home Depot Protection Plan. Fridge stopped after 16 months, and I called and patiently awaited forever for a maintenance call. NOW after calling HD, they said their service people do not work weekends and wait till 5 pm MONDAY for a CALL to SET UP an appointment. DO NOT BUY A FRIDGE FROM HOME DEPOT, and if so find some third party for your service contract. They gave me a firm called AID Svc, 718 969 2211 in Queens, NY which ONLY HAS ONE STAR forty times and does not answer their phone.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We purchased LG refrigerator Nov 24, delivery was scheduled for Dec 2. Today. We received call yesterday with confirmation time between 5 and 9 pm. We received call at 5 to inform us delivery is from 7-9 pm. We called several times (delivery department in Grand Rapids) and were first told they are on their way. Called back again and on hold for 10 minutes and told he was going to email the delivery guys to contact them about our delivery. Well it is now 10:53 pm and we still have no delivery. Our food is outside in boxes and obviously not going to last the night.

To try to make it easy on the delivery guys we gave our old refrigerator to my parents. Thinking we would get ours today. So not only are we out of hundreds of dollars in food (meat is expensive!) but we never received call back or notice that we are not getting our refrigerator today. No confirmation of any delivery. We called after 10:30 and no answer. At this point don’t trust Home Depot any longer… We don’t plan on shopping there any longer. After being loyal to them the past 8 years and getting treated like this over and over again we have finally decided to shop elsewhere from now on. First they screwed us on fencing. Then windows and now this.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I was having a dryer delivered and installed that was purchased at Home Depot. I received a robocall telling me when my dryer was to be delivered and if I didn't like that date, I could call an 866 number to reschedule - they called the night before it was supposed to be delivered so, If I went ahead with that date. I would've been scrambling to reschedule all of the appointments and responsibilities I needed to attend to that next day and get them all done that evening - really considerate of them to give my time such consideration and value...so I had to call to reschedule the delivery - and there went the rest of my evening.

I don't know if you've ever had to deal with Home Depot delivery, but expect exceptionally long hold times - I called them and watched my battery drain on my cell phone and the call timer tick past 37 minutes before someone finally picked up - even though this had already been a very inconvenient, inconsiderate and thoroughly aggravating experience, I was polite with the woman who answered the phone. The only reference I made to the ridiculously long hold time was that I thought she could use a few more helpers to answer the phones - and she agreed - it probably stinks working there.

So, I rescheduled the delivery - or so I believed...the next evening as I was driving home from work, I got a call from a driver who told me he was about an hour away and would be there shortly with my dryer - so much for spending nearly an hour online with these yahoos trying to reschedule that - they completely ignored it and did what they wanted to do regardless of what I had requested. I decided to go ahead and let them do it - mainly because I don't want to deal with these incompetent jokers again...just know that if you purchase an appliance from Home Depot, they'll install it whenever it suits their needs - not yours, but theirs - and somehow they call this customer service. You can't reschedule the delivery online, and it seems there's only one overworked poor woman stuck answering calls for their delivery team - she's a nice person working for cheapo jerkwad company.

So, how much is your hassle, your time, and the ability to trust and rely upon a vendor worth? Mine is worth enough so the next time I buy a major appliance, I'll likely skip Home Depot completely and buy elsewhere from a business that has a better sense of the needs of their customers and respect for their time. Get your act together Home Depot - this isn't how you win repeat customers and earn a decent reputation - but judging from the similar reviews I see written here - that doesn't appear to be much of a concern.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a electric stove and was told from my contractor that was the wrong stove. Spoke to a rep online about returning the stove. She spoke to a manager which confirmed that I can return the stove but would have to pay a haul away fee which I accepted. Was promised on three occasion that they were picking up the stove. First one they state there was no date for pick up, second time stated the truck broke down but no one call to tell me, third time stated they had only one person on the truck and they cancel again which no one called me to tell me. I have called Home Depot numerous time and no one know what they are doing after paying my card off. I will not shop here again. I will go to Lowe’s instead. Horrible service.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

While in the process of having my kitchen remodeled we purchased a package of LG appliances from Home Depot - Spring Hill, FL store the end of October to be delivered 11/21. All appliances were in stock except the microwave so we purchased an upgraded microwave so we could rest assured they had everything for the delivery. Delivery was 11/21 to ensure we had them for Thanksgiving. Two days before delivery I received a call notifying us they had changed our delivery date to 12/1. I visited the store in late Nov to ensure this was all set and got the bad news that they would not have my appliances until mid-January. Now after disposing of our appliances before Thanksgiving we would have none for Christmas either. Never do business here.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Nov. 18th we went to purchase a refrigerator from Home Depot. I was told the earliest they would deliver it was on Nov. 22, the associate proceeded to inform me to make sure I inspect the refrigerator the day it’s deliver for any damages, if I find any damages to refuse it and they would have to deliver another one. Fast forward to Nov. 21, I received a call saying they would arrive between 12-4 the next day and to expect a call 30 min prior to the delivery. Next day I received a call at 11:30 and they arrived at 12. I went out, inspected the refrigerator and saw two very large dents on the doors, so I refused it.

The delivery man let me know he would be filing out a claim and that someone should be calling me with the next delivery date. Well it was the day before Thanksgiving so I figured I wouldn’t get a call back till Monday Nov. 27. Well on Nov. 27 I took it upon myself to call and check on the status, and was told that someone had called me to let me know the next delivery day would be Nov. 30th, which was not true because I never received a call. Anyways that didn’t matter as long as I got a delivery date. I was supposed to get a call Nov. 29th letting me know what time frame I should be expecting the refrigerator which I didn’t get.

So it’s Nov. 30th today and I called this morning to check on the delivery status and to get a delivery timeframe. I called about 10 times trying to get an answer and every time I would be put on hold and eventually they would hang up, finally I someone gave a timeframe of 12-4 so I wait. 3:30 comes around and I have yet to get a call from someone with my delivery so I call, again I call over 5 times and every time I get put on hold, they hang up, or transfer me to a department that has nothing to do with I need (which are answers).

Finally I talk to someone and come to find out the refrigerator never even made it to the delivery dock and that they had no clue where my refrigerator was at. So I decided to cancel my order and I am now going somewhere else. I’ve without a refrigerator for a week now and I’m not about to go through all this mess again just to wait another and be fridgeless. Never again am I purchasing any type of appliances from Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I ordered an Oven, Dishwasher, and Fridge. On 11/27 I called the 800 number to make sure my order was good for their delivery date 11/28. The lady confirmed. The next day the deliver team shows up without my fridge. I called the 800 number and they told me my order was canceled, they claim it was a computer glitch. I asked why I wasn't notified and they said I was but the notification went to the wrong email, so technically I wasn't. I replaced the order with the 800 number and decide I will wait another week to get my fridge.

Later in the evening I go to use my stove for the first time and the entire cooktop is loose and moving. I called the 800 number again the next morning 11/29 to complain about it and come to find out my fridge order has been canceled AGAIN, Nobody can explain why. So I have no fridge and a dangerous stove with a loose glass cooktop. I decided to just place the order again but I only have so much room on my credit card so they said I will have to wait 2-3 weeks for the refund to appear on my card and then I can call back to place the order again. So I am looking at a month without a fridge.

I can not be more disappointed. After spending 2 hours on the phone bouncing around from person to person nobody can get me my fridge. I have requested all appliances be picked up from my home and I will be canceling other pending orders I have with Home Depot during the renovation of my home. My husband, myself, and my contractor all have Home Depot accounts and used them frequently as we redid each room in our house. Just this past month I have spent almost $3,000 with them. I will be returning every piece and we will call be canceling our accounts. The absolute worst customer service I have EVER received.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I ordered an Amana electric dryer online on October 31, 2017. It was schedule to be delivered on 11/10/17. Got a phone call that my delivery would be 2 hours late because the truck broke down. By 9:30 at night, I had no dryer and never received a phone call saying they were not coming. I called the deliver company the next day [I think they were called Sprint or Spirit], they said they called me and left a message and I had rescheduled for Nov. 13. I said that was a lie, I never received a phone call and wouldn't reschedule for a day when I am not at home.

I went into the Home Depot store. They couldn't help me because it was ordered online. They could only help me with in store purchases. So I reordered the dryer and had to call and cancel the online order. I called to cancel. Two weeks later and three phone calls later and I still don't have my $443.64 refund. Every time I call, the customer service representatives are great but I still haven't received a refund. The store that charged me said they can't help because they are waiting for some number to be released from the delivery company. I have heard that there was a call put into the supervisor, yet still no refund. How long is it going to take to get my money refunded?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Home Depot sold us a washer/dryer set that was "steam", and they told us it wasn't. They didn't order this hoses. It wasn't until the delivery people arrived that we figured out it was steam and we needed the hoses. "The only way to now get them is to return, pick the item up, and buy another one putting in to bring the hoses." So, we have a steam washer/dryer that doesn't steam. My husband is a complete idiot, so it's not going to be a DIY project.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Do NOT buy any appliance from Home Depot! According to the Service Group they are a Warranty Insurance NOT a Service Agreement. It has taken 2 months for them to come and fix a 1 year old Samsung Dryer and neither the Warranty Group or Home Depot thinks this is unacceptable. We had Maytag Neptunes prior to purchasing the Samsung products and we bought them through Sears. Sears was amazing. Their service agreement was perfect and I would have NEVER waited more than 2 days to have someone at my home fixing a broken appliance. I have 4 appliances that are 1 year or newer that we have purchased through Home Depot and I sure wish, I would have known of this prior to purchasing the last two appliances in September. Knowing now, I will buy through Sears from here on out...

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

HD contracts out its appliance delivery. In my case, it's S/O GE Delivery. I was given a 5 pm to the 9 pm delivery window. I was there at 5 pm and finally got a call from the driver at 5:50 pm. We confirmed the address and he said he'd be there in 30 mins. An hour later, I called to check in and no answer. Left a message. Another hour later, called again. Same drill. At 9 pm I called the HD and spoke with a Customer Rep. She filed a complaint ticket but was told I had to call back in the morning to try to reschedule.

Next morning (as in now), I called and have been on a holding pattern for about 45 mins. I'm typing this while on hold. Anyway, the Cust Rep told me the driver log says the address was wrong. Ok, so we all confirmed the correct address. It's correct on everyone's forms. So, here I am on hold, on hold, on hold. And looking at another 4-hour window at the delivery company's convenience. Moral of the story? The customer does not come first with HD. Never Again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Ordered a fridge and dishwasher. Had it set to be delivered on Sat Nov 11, they called and gave me a 4 hour window of 3-7. I stayed at my home and waited. They called 30 minutes prior to delivery and stated that the truck was stuck on a side road in the country and they could A either still deliver that night or B the driver agreed to come in on his off day on Sunday to deliver. Needless to say I didnt hear from the driver again. I called Monday morning irate because that was a Saturday wasted. We set it up for Sat the 18th with a window of 9-1. Needless to say they didnt show up. I never received a call. I called customer service 877 number. They were no help at all. I’m headed to my local Home Depot to cancel the order and going elsewhere. Save yourself time and headache. They’re horrible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Spirit delivered my dishwasher and told the renter that it was the wrong size and wouldn't install it. After further investigation found out the unit would fit and they just didn't want to install it. However, they left unit with the renter and told them to tell me to return the unit to my local Home Depot store. They also didn't haul the dishwasher or the stove off for me even though I paid for it.

Called the Thomaston Home Depot and talked with Matt and Emma concerning this matter. The finalyl result was they took Spirit word over mine and told me just to return the dishwasher and get a refund. They told me they didn't have a unit that would fit my space. Just like Clark Howard would say "Customer No Service." Went to Lowe's and they had a dishwasher and had their installer to come out and install it for me without any problems. It took them less than 30 minutes. The local Home Depot just lost a customer. Will shop and travel 50 miles to use Lowe's service for now on.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Home Depot, Davie, FL Store #6341, Store Manager Tamika **. I Purchased appliances on Tuesday 11/7/17 to be delivered on Friday 11/10/17 which was stated on the receipt. Was told a representative would call Thursday to provide a delivery time frame. No call was ever received Thursday. We attempted calling twice on Thursday to speak with someone to assist us with this delivery information with no luck. We provided 2 phone numbers and there were no messages left. Took a day off of work without pay for the delivery on Friday.

By mid morning no call was received regarding delivery time. Called and asked to speak to store manager Tamika ** and was placed on hold for 40 minutes and she never answered, responded or called back. Spoke to a rep named Patrick and stated that delivery is for Saturday. It was on back order. No one ever told us! No apologies were ever made. All he had to say was that was in the system. Didn't acknowledge that because of their error I lost a day of pay and now had to take another day without pay so they can possibly deliver on Saturday!

He refused to give me a delivery time for Saturday. At no time did he offer to correct the mistake they made and make it right. Very nonchalant and oh well attitude. My husband contacted Home Depot's Customer Care and spoke with Candace, who was very nice and he advised of what happened with our order and how upset I was the service I received.

In 15 minutes, Patrick calls my husband, and advised he was responding to Customer Care email about our experience. He goes on to say since he canceled the order after speaking with me, and the appliances could not be delivered now until Monday. My husband advised that was unacceptable, either deliver the appliances on Saturday or forget about it. He went on to say that he was unable to change the delivery because Home Depot orders directly from the factory, blah blah.blah...

My husband, said, "Will contact the factory, tell them a mistake has been made and see if exception could be made." Patrick's response, "Home Depot doesn't work that way. We're not a Mom And Pop shop". Needless to say the Service received was deplorable, no empathy, no apology even, just a "that's just the way it is and like it mentality". I Will NEVER make a purchase at Home Depot again and will share my story with everyone I can. The WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. I canceled my order and went to Lowe's and gave them my business and what a difference in the service!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Home Depot Delivery: Beware! They outsource delivery. Delivery man called an hour before assigned time to “announce” (unintelligible English) they’d be there in 20 minutes (they showed up an hour later). I had to ask a couple of times who was calling and what were they saying! Ended up they could not hook up the fridge because they said the waterline did not have a shut off valve. (There is already a fridge there with a hooked up waterline- wonder how that fridge got connected?)

Fast forward 2 weeks- and $200 to get a plumber to install on/off water valve, called back to Home Depot to have icemaker water supply installed. I get a call from Home Depot saying no one answering door. I assured them we were home. Home Depot rep hung up on me. Tried to call her back about a dozen times: phone repeatedly disconnected. Delivery guys eventually showed up (I suspect they were at wrong address) and did nothing. Said we had defective icemaker. I called Home Depot to ask for replacement fridge, as I had bought extended warranty, which I was told guaranteed replacement for a defective product. Home Depot rep says that’s not so. He’ll have to check with a manager. Still waiting... It will be a cold day “you know where” before I ever buy anything again at Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Purchased the GE convection microwave on 10/22/2017. Delivered on 10/26/2017. Stopped working on 10/27/2017. GE tech showed and said 4 parts will need to be ordered. To Possibly fix the Microwave. The tech said call Home Depot. They will exchange it. Spoke to Manager at Home Depot at East Setauket "VINNY". He said, "It's past two days. You will need to call for warranty service." I explained what happened. He didn't care about the customer, just the home depot sale. I guess I should have called when it stopped working. I will be using Lowe's from now on. I spend a lot of money at home depot. This will be a Lowe's gain and a Home Depot Loss. To properly end this story, I e-mailed GE Corporate for help. They answered my email within 1 hour. GE is sending a replacement and will install the replacement free of charge. As well as an apology for the inconvenience I endured.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

First, Home Depot should demand that products they sell, such as General Electric - GE will take a product back for defect. I've had a washer and dryer combo that I used 1 time, and 2 months later it's still just sitting there, not working. One repair guy came out, said he ordered part and never called back, I called him about 5 times and left messages, still no return call. Can't reach anyone at GE, on hold for over 1.5 hours TWICE! If HOME DEPOT can't stand behind a product then they shouldn't carry it. Or take it back and send it back to the company. It's ridiculous.

Home Depot does NOTHING to help they just keep saying, "call GE there's nothing we can do." I will tell you this, I had 24 more units to purchase for a rental complex and I won't be buying GE and I won't be buying from Home Depot. In fact, I've started buying things, even though they cost more, at local hardware shops like Ace. Shop local and skip the "too big for their britches" shops who offer zero in the way of customer service.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Ordered a gas dryer with full installation. The guy refused to install it because he said the space was too tight (I was able to get into the space no problem, and I am not tiny). So, I said, "Take it back" and I called and cancelled the order. No refund has appeared and I have called four times now and gotten different stories each time, the latest being that they need some sort of approval from the manufacturer. I have now alerted my credit card issuer and have had this labeled as a fraudulent charge. Do NOT shop at Home Depot!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

We purchased appliances over a month ago and one was on back order. So we opted to wait and receive both at the same time which push it out almost a month from purchase. We quickly found out that your appliance delivery is outsourced. The shipping company contacted us the day of delivery and said they could not deliver because the truck broke down. Are you kidding me!!! This is Home Depot!! Only one truck!!! Oh to make matters worse the person who call could not pronounce the word REFRIGERATOR!!!

They insisted a delivery on Monday... We chose Saturday because that is the only day of the week we are available for delivery. We opted for the next Saturday and received the confirm the day before. Well Saturday came. We waited for a call from the delivery company we were promised and clearly told in the message we received the day before. We got no call and the truck showed up 15 minutes before the end of the window of time we were told. I told them they would have to wait because they did not call and we had to empty our refrigerator. The driver was not happy about that stated he called about 2 hours prior. We received no call. We checked all our phones no missed calls or messages.

To make matters worse the oven looked like it was in a demolition derby. I did not accept or sign. I told them to put everything back on the truck. I immediately stormed to my local Home Depot and demanded a refund. Fortunately I did get refunded after waiting over an hour. Obviously Home Depot’s mission statement does not include customer satisfaction care or quality control. One would think a major purchase like appliances they would be inspected before they are delivered. I own a 25 year old pickup truck that looks better than the oven they took off the truck.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We bought a LG washing machine from Home Depot with a "protection plan" in 2014. We have now been waiting for over one month for the repair to be completed due to lack of available parts. Recently, after two service calls and parts, the LG is still not working due to, again, lack of additional needed parts that are not available and are back ordered. Today, I was told by the service support supervisor of the "Protection Plan" department that the part will not be available until November 16, 2017. LG doesn't have the part. This is unacceptable customer support, and shame on Home Depot for selling customers Protection Plans that are worthless. We can't believe that LG doesn't stock necessary parts to support their products. My next step is the AG's office, and small claims court. We had enough of the run-around BS. My next purchase will be from Lowe's.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I recently ordered a Whirlpool washing machine from Home Depot online during the Columbus Day sale. It was an excellent price so I purchased the appliance. I was scheduled to receive my washer on 10/17 and then it came on time, the only problem is they delivered a Kenmore washer and not a Whirlpool. I called Home Depot as was literally transferred over 10 times until I found someone to help me (wish I can remember her name). She then transferred me to the closest store for help and the manager Lisa at the Parkway Crossing location was amazing. So here is my problem. The company that delivered my machine broke the shut off valve behind my machine and I'm not sure who to call to get this fixed! I'm highly upset from the service I received!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Do not fall in love with the Home Depot protection plan. This is totally a scam and ripped off. The deal is good as long as nothing happens to the item that you bought the protection for. As soon as you face the problem they come up with so many freaking nonsense reasons to avoid helping you and they chose non qualify contractors which they are not professional and eventually create more problem instead of fixing anything. Bottom line it's not worth your time and in the end, you have to go and buy the new one since they are going to keep passing you around until you get tired and say screw all that crap.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Home Depot gave me a 1:45 to 5:45 pm window for delivery. The delivery crew was going to call 1/2 hour before they arrive. At 5:15 I call the delivery team and they told me the crew is running late but they are still coming. I called at 6:15 and I was told they can't give me a delivery time but they will call me 1/2 hour before they come. I called at 7:15, again they are still coming. At 8 pm I called and was told October is a busy time for deliveries, the crew went home! Really? Are you kidding me? They never called. The delivery company wanted to set another time for delivery and I asked "are you going to show up?"

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Purchased a LG washer and dryer on the 14th of September from the South Portland, Maine Home Depot. We had shopped at both Lowe's and Sears and decided on a pair from LG. We went to Home Depot and their appliance salesperson Mr. ** assured us they would meet the Sears price and confirmed the price via the internet. He give us a delivery date better than Sears so we decided to buy from Home Depot. I wish I would have read the Consumer Reviews prior to making my purchase! HD is disorganized, inexperienced and totally lacking in concern for their appliance customers. They don't meet their promised delivery dates, they don't follow through on any aspect of the sale, they don't return phone calls, they promise to call but don't and continue to make promises they don't keep.

They promised the delivery now for October 6th, 17 days after their first promise date. Contacted the store Manager, who was obviously calloused by numerous other consumer issues. He blamed the problem on the manufacturer and took no responsibility for the lack of returned phone calls and follow up by his staff. He said there was nothing he could do and offered no remorse or apologies. HD should not be selling appliances. SAVE YOURSELF A LOAD OF GRIEF, SHOP AT LOWE'S OR SEARS. They know the business and they deliver on their promises.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

The Home Depot have been holding my money since Sept. 12. I never received the appliance due to their inept communication. Still waiting on my money to be returned. I called today and they have to get numbers or something. Call back in 72 hours... WHAT!!! It's my money. How dare they. Supposed to be 5 days, now been 3 weeks. I will never shop Home Depot again.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs