Home Depot Appliances

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Terrible experience with Home Depot installers. I purchased a KitchenAid wall oven and dishwasher from Home Depot for over $3,600, including installation. Once they were available for shipping, Home Depot contacted us with a delivery date that was well past the original target date which would completely disrupt our Christmas plans. They told us if we wanted to attempt an earlier delivery date that we needed to contact the shipping company directly. I would have expected Home Depot to take care of this step but we assumed responsibility and did arrange for an earlier delivery date.

The appliances were delivered on Saturday, December 17th. The installers were scheduled to arrive on Monday, December 19th. When the installers arrived they informed me that they were only scheduled to install the wall oven and could not install the dishwasher. They told me that the delivery personnel are supposed to install the dishwasher. I contacted Home Depot about the dishwasher installation. They confirmed that the delivery personnel should have installed the dishwasher. To make a long story a little shorter, Home Depot sent another installer to our house on Tuesday. When he arrived (5 hrs after the scheduled time), he said since there was a piece of wood trim across the top of the existing dishwasher and the fact that we have granite countertops, he could not do the installation and left.

Now we were 36 hours away from our Christmas guests arriving. Home Depot didn’t know what else to do so I agreed to find my own installer (remember I prepaid for the installation and now have been required to take 2 days of vacation to be home for their installers). I found a qualified installer which arrived Wednesday afternoon (a little over 12 hrs before my guests were to arrive) and completed the installation in 2 hrs. The installation cost was $320. I sent the bill to Home Depot and after several phone calls they agreed to pay only $150 of the bill as that is more in line with their fees.

Considering two failed attempts of the Home Depot installers the phrase “you get what you pay for” comes to mind. This was escalated to the store manager of the Roswell, GA Home Depot on Crossville Road but to no avail. Image a business that is willing to lose a customer that has spent over $25,000 at that particular store over an additional $170 expense based on repeated mistakes and missed commitments on their part.

After taking off four hours to get a dishwasher installed two days ago, it is leaking badly. Now I am being told that it will take another 8 hours off of work and 2-3 days to have it repaired, no exceptions. The delivery company is Linkstar. If you want to buy something from Home Depot I'd get another company to install it; maybe someone private that can be reasonably responsible.

Ordered a fridge from homedepot.com on Dec. 14, said to deliver in a week. Delivery team refused to bring it up so I sent them home and cancelled the order on Dec. 23. Today's Jan. 6 and my refund is still not processed.

Three men arrived in a timely manner. They did not know how to do installation of any of the appliances correctly. They were all Hispanic and did not know the English language well at all. Kept saying "we don't do that". They supposedly hooked up our new propane gas stove to existing line, but did not do the conversion process. We smelled gas after they left and nearly had a fire and had to call 911. They said our stove wasn't installed properly for propane and the fittings were not tightened which caused the gas leak, and we had to shut off all gas.

My husband checked the microwave installation and found it was hanging by one screw and one brace underneath (there are four braces that must be connected). He had to take it down and reinstall it himself. He also had to properly follow directions and do the conversion properly himself. They could not get the refrigerator into the space correctly and said "it didn't fit" when we had done all our measurements correctly; therefore the water line was left unconnected as well; and they left without connecting the dishwasher to the water lines. We had a GE dishwasher before, so it should not have been an issue for them. They just said "we don't do that". My husband just told them to leave.

Mind you, we paid extra for "installation" of our appliances and ended up having to do all the installations ourselves. We were replacing all our GE appliances that were over ten years old with new. We had no idea that Home Depot hired out to a company who simply had employees who did not know how to install anything correctly or safely! Also Home Depot sells their products, gets paid, and then the responsibility for delivery and safe and correct installation is given over to someone else, so they wash their hands of anything.

We tried to resolve our issues with Home Depot to no avail. The "Terminal Manager" in charge of delivery and installation told me that he realized this was an ongoing issue and that he would see to it that our installation fees were credited back. To date that has not happened. Our sale was made on 12/15/16, and delivery was 12/22/16. So all during Christmas, I could not cook or have guests in our home due to the incompetence of these three Hispanic employees. Someone needs to be held accountable!

On 11/26/16, my son purchased a Maytag dishwasher as a Christmas surprise for me. He wanted to purchase and pick up in the store but they said it had to be delivered, no store pick up. It was delivered on 12/14/16. The box it came in was in perfect condition and delivery was accepted. On Christmas Eve, my son (Who is a plumber), opened the box to install it for me and found a huge dent in the back of the dishwasher. Also the spray arm was broken. We brought it back to Home Depot on 12/26 and they refused to accept the return. They stated that delivery is made by a third party delivery company and that we had 48 hours to report the damage.

We again told them that the damage was not done during delivery as there would have been damage to the box but that it was damaged prior to packaging. They told us we had to deal directly with Maytag and they would do nothing for us. Maytag has sent us a new spray arm but we still haven't had any luck with the dent which extends into the dishwasher. I have filed a complaint with BBB. My son was never told about the 48 hour inspection period which I feel is something that should be told upfront. I will never have anything delivered from Home Depot again. If I can purchase it in the store, and inspect it at the time of purchase, perhaps I may use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I ordered a double oven on black Friday (November 25th) of 2016. It was to be delivered and installed on December 2nd. On December 2nd I was told the oven arrived from the factory damaged and they would call me with a new installation date. December 12th I called to ask about the oven and was told it had been installed. After an hour of conversations I got a new installation date of the 17th. Then it was the 19th. I called and asked for a refund and subsequently the oven was delivered in my living room. Installation came in 2 days later and destroyed a wall, the wiring and then told me it didn't fit. However they managed to haul off my old oven. I was now without any oven. I called and talked to the store manager who offered compensation and a loaner oven. Loaner oven was installed and the process as of January 4th has completely stalled. They are satisfied with the current state. Called corporate and was referred back to the store manager.

I ordered a new range from Home Depot and it was delivered 12/6/16. When it was taken off the truck it looked like someone kicked in the side. We were told we would get a call with 24-48 hours and a new range would be delivered...nope. I called 3 times to arrange a new stove. I was told I needed to call the manufacturer of the range. Not sure why I would need to do that since I ordered from Home Depot. Then we cancelled because of lack of response and we needed a stove for our tenant. We were told we would have a refund within 7 days.. It has been almost 3 weeks and still no refund. I have sent emails with no response and made several phone calls. Then the other day they tried to deliver another stove. I will never do business with this company and I will make sure everyone knows about them too... They are the most unprofessional company I have ever done business with!!

Our home was flooded in the Hurricane and our appliances were ruined. I purchased over $3,000 of new appliances from HD in November. They were delivered on the 22nd of November. We moved back in and began to use them on December 16th. No one informed me at the store or with the delivery that if I did not complain of a defective product within 48 hours of delivery, I would be stuck with a "repaired" product that I paid a "new product" price for. My washing machine (Maytag) sounds like it is a threshing machine. My neighbor can hear it in her house. I called HD who refused to do anything about it. They told me to call repair (which I have done) and IF it is not repairable, Maytag would have to make arrangements to come and get it and replace it -- NOT HOME DEPOT. Amazing!

The GE refrigerator leaks, is uneven and sweats. Another repair person coming out from GE. I will have over $3,000 of used HD appliances when the repairs are done. The Customer Care lady (Sharita) at HD would NOT let me talk to a manager. She said "Managers do not get on the phone." She would not confirm our conversation in writing and told me to get a subpoena if I wanted written information.

Out of curiosity I called Lowe's for their Major Appliance return policy. Here it is in writing folks. "30 Days on major appliances (including but not limited to refrigerators 9-cu ft or larger, washing machines, dryers and range hoods), outdoor power equipment (including but not limited to mowers, chain saws, generators, pressure washers, trimmers and blowers) and highway trailers." I am SO SORRY I did not go to Lowe's. If this review will stop just one person from making the same mistake I by shopping HD and go to Lowe's instead, it is worth the time I took to write it. I have a complaint on file with HD for all the good it does me.

I purchased a GE refrigerator and stove from the Rockland MA Home Depot on 11/26/16. My delivery date was set for 12/19/16. When I did not receive a phone call the evening before the delivery I called the Home Depot. They told me that I had called and canceled the delivery. I did not cancel the delivery. The Home Depot rep told me that they have no control over the GE deliveries and I had to call a toll free number. Of course that number is an automated line that only provides basic info and then hangs up on you. I did learn that my appliances were going to delivered 12/27/16. The automated system told me the reason the items were not delivered was because they were back ordered. So now I have 2 reason why my items were not delivered. I decided to wait until 12/27. On 12/23 I received an automated call informing me the items would be delivered 12/27 between 9:15 and 1:15. Great!

Fast forward to 12/27 at 1:30 PM I had not received the items, my gas stove is already removed. I called the toll free number again. It says my items are scheduled to be delivered 12/27 but no timeframe. They told me on 12/23 it would be between 9:15 and 1:15. Having gone through this already a week before, I called Home Depot. A very nice customer service rep had mercy on me and gave me the number to a company called Spirit who delivers the GE merchandise. The woman at Spirit told me I was in fact scheduled for 12/27 but they couldn't find the order so it was never put on the truck. Mind you they never notified me of this. Next delivery wouldn't be until 1/4/17.

I told her that was unacceptable and called Home Depot back. The Home Depot rep then told me that Spirit said I had cancelled the delivery. ARGH!!! So now it's my fault. Why I would call to complain about not having a delivery that I had just cancelled was lost on the Home Depot rep. So I tried calling GE. I called the appliances helpline. Guess who they send me back to? This is the kind of stuff that infuriates people. So as much as I would really like to purchase these items, I have no confidence that Home Depot or GE will get it to me. So I then really did cancelled the whole thing! The sad part is nobody cares, not Home Depot, not GE and not Spirit the delivery company. If you purchase a GE appliance from Home Depot, ask them for the name of the company that will deliver it. If they won't tell you or say Spirit, take my advice, don't buy it!

My new French Door Refrigerator was delivered 12/16/16. Delivery crew had no idea how to level a refrigerator. They asked me to provide a 2x4 to level the fridge claiming that the kitchen floor not level. Also they damaged the side of my fridge which they would repair with a black pen. Well, that never did happen!!! Calling the delivery company and left a message to talk to the manager, they never did return my call!! I will never buy a large appliances from Home Depot, because their delivery are not up to par. Also the water dispenser leaking. Hope the Samsung repair guy will be able to fix it this week.

I purchased a washer dryer set on black friday. The sales person knew very little about the brand. When it was installed and used for the first time we discovered that both appliances sounded like an airplane taking off. We called the store manager the next day and were told we could not return the set. Later after reviewing our receipt and talking to another manager we were informed that we had 48 hours after a sale to return the product. Now something is wrong with the sensor in the washer. The whole process of explaining the situation to the store was exhausting. Automated robot calls, uneducated store employees, and rude sarcastic attitudes of managers were the norm.

It took numerous calls and 2 to 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue. No one knew anything about how to handle the situation and each employee passed the buck to someone else. I will never buy a single thing from Home Depot again. They promise great service but deliver far less than that. The manager told us that they could not take used appliances back because they are in the business to make money.

Home Depot falsely advertises installation by licensed and insured professionals. You'd think that would mean they should be licensed in the relevant trade for installation for the product they sell but apparently it only means they have a driver's license. Home Depot licensed professional are not licensed plumbers/electricians. They may have a business license but they are essentially incompetent delivery men.

What kind of world do we live in when the day laborers outside are competent enough to install the appliances sold inside, but the "professionals" you pay for in the store for installation are utterly incapable of doing anything but finding excuses to refuse installation. The extent of their ability is lugging heavy ** and plugging in your new appliances (assuming it is the correct voltage). Worse of all, Home Depot policy will not refund the $250 charged for sending two mentally disabled individuals to your house to do nothing. This should be some kind of crime.

As a former employee for 21 years and stockholder of your company, I was very upset to find out about my sister and brother in-law's experience during a recent visit to Home Depot. I tried to tell them this is not the way we treat our customers. I am hoping when you read their letter, someone will fix this problem. They have been without appliances for a month. This is probably the worst time of the year for a family of six to be without working appliances. Please help...

My Name is Jeffery **. My Home depot account phone number is **. On November 22, 2016 My wife and I went into the St Petersburg, Florida store: #0257 to purchase a space saver microwave. While looking at your appliances displays we decided to purchase a LG space saver microwave and a LG double oven. I discussed with the sales person at length about having the range installed (several minutes about how convenient this service was and at a nominal cost of only $50.00). We spent a considerable amount of time with our sales person as she entered the order into the system, at which time she indicated that she normally does not work in appliances but since it was a holiday week employees normally cover other areas.

As the order was being placed our sales person let us know that the LG double oven was on sale and that we were saving about $300.00. Excitedly I asked if I could use a promotions coupon that I received through email from home depot. She scanned the coupon and it took an additional 10% off the total order price. Delivery was scheduled for 11/29/2016, as you can probably imagine we were excited, happy and could hardly wait to receive our new appliances.

Delivery process Issues: On the delivery day 11/29/2016 I took the day off from my Job. When the delivery truck arrived as they were getting ready to take the products off the truck, one of the delivery workers said that they would not be installing the microwave. Surprised I informed him that I paid to have it installed. He said that there must have been a mistake and that it was not on his order. He indicated that on his order the only thing they were to install was the double oven, which didn't make sense to me. He said that he would go to the truck and call his office to see what they could do. Instead of calling his office they got back in the truck and left (never took anything off).

I immediately went back to the home depot store #0257 to speak to a manager and explained the situation and asked if they could simply add the installation charge for the microwave that was left off and have the delivery rescheduled. The manager informed me that they were unable to get in contact with the delivery company and that she would have to redo the entire order just to add the installation charge. While in the process of redoing the order the manager informed me that the LG double oven we ordered was out of stock, and that since it was out of stock she could not place another order, and that I would have to wait until the delivery was returned and scanned back into the system, and that I needed to call or check back the next day.

The next day 11/30/2016 I went back into home depot to see if the items were scanned back in, I was informed they were not and that I could call or check again tomorrow, and that it takes about 48hrs sometimes to scan items back in. The manager said that she would place a note in the system that would allow us to get the products purchased at the same price (only if purchased within 30 days).

On December 1, 2016 I received a call from a manager who informed me that he would try to put another order in for me, he later called back and said that they were extremely busy and that he didn’t get a chance to put in the order and that I could just come in a place another order, and that the double oven was still out of stock until January 2017.

Exterior Door and Storm Door service Issue: On 11/29/2016 while at Home Depot store# 0257 trying to resolve the aforementioned issue with the appliance delivery, I decided to purchase an exterior door and storm door. The Home Depot employee I talked to was very helpful and informed me, what the Home Depot process was, I informed him that I wanted to confirm the exterior door and storm door selections with my wife and that I would return. We returned later that evening and talked to the same Home Depot sales person, who put an order into the system for a measurement. I paid for the measurement order and was informed that I would get a call from the installer to setup a time for the measurement.

After a week had past and I hadn’t received a call from the company or individual providing the exterior door and storm door installation. I sent an email via Home Depot website, stating that I had not received a call to setup a time for the measurement. The next day I received a call from a manager from home depot who left a message for me stating that the installer said that he has been trying to contact me. I also received an email response from Home Depot stating that the issue I contacted them about basically has been resolved because their records indicate “I have been contacted”. Up to this point I had not received a phone call or message from anyone other than the message from the manager from Home Depot.

Later that evening I received a call around 7:30pm from the installer he said he would come out and take measurements on December 7, 2016, which was done. I received a call from Home Depot on December 10, 2016 notifying me that measurement was back and that I could come in and complete the order. I went back to Home Depot 12/10/2016 and as I got ready to complete the purchase for the order, the Home Depot sales person informed me that the storm door was not on the order and that they would have to send the installer back out to do another measurement, he put in another order for a measurement.

On 12/17/2016 I went back to Home Depot to see if the measurement was completed, why because I didn’t receive a call from the installer. The sales person I talked to at Home Depot informed me that they had a note in the system that they placed a call to the installer. The Home Depot sales person gave me the number of the installer and suggested I try and call.

Conclusion: I feel that Home Depot is unconcerned with how its customers are treated or neglected by its service providers, and managers display a superficial concern for customer satisfaction and issue resolution. Does anyone care that Home Depot has lost over $3,000 in sales just with this customer, probably not, because I don’t seem matter to anyone. It appears to me that my time, patience, frustration, and money is not valued, because as of 12/21/2016 I have not been able to make the purchases I set out to make from Home Depot over a month ago.

On November 19, 2016, I purchased a stove, dishwasher and microwave online. Upon purchase, I was told that the stove was on back order and all three appliances won't be delivered until December 11. (Problem 1.) On December 10, I got a call that the appliances won't be delivered because the stove is still on back order. The back order information was known when I purchased it on November 19, why was I only called the day before that it is STILL on back order? They also said that because it was purchased as a package, none of the appliances will be delivered until the stove comes in. I asked if I can cancel the purchase and just reorder the microwave and the dishwasher and they said it was fine but it would be at the price it is now, and not the after thanksgiving sale.

The conversation ended with them telling me that the appliance will be delivered on December 21, which was a huge inconvenience as I was hosting a party that Saturday without a functioning dishwasher. The following day, the delivery truck came, without notice, and delivered my microwave and dishwasher. (I thought this wasn't possible but oh well, I'm happy that something was delivered). (Problem 2.) I paid for installation but somehow, the delivery company wasn't aware of this so they did not have the supplies to install all the appliances. (Problem 3.) I showed the guy my receipt that I paid for the installation and instead of him calling to resolve the issue, he wanted me to call Home Depot. (Problem 4.) After speaking to the delivery company, I was told that the next time they can come back is on December 21.

After complaining, suddenly they said they can come back on Wednesday. There is a miscommunication on Home Depot's part but unless I make a big deal about it, they won't go out of their way to resolve the problem. (Problem 5.) On Tuesday, I called the delivery company to confirm the time for dishwasher installation on Wednesday and they said that I am not on the schedule. Again, they said they couldn't come back until December 21 and after complaining again, they said that they can send someone out the following day. (Problem 6.) Today, I followed up again because I was told that I would get a call to get a 4 hour window for the delivery and guess what? I didn't get a call. When I spoke to a customer service representative, I was told that the delivery company is already close but that the notes don't say anything about a scheduled delivery for the oven.

The only thing they have is for the delivery company to come out and install the microwave (which was already installed). (Problem 7.) Given the history of having problems one after another, I was not offered for someone to call me back and resolve this issue. Once again, the best your customer service can do is say that I need to call back tomorrow. There is no urgency for anyone I've spoken to so far to resolve all these problems. There is no initiative from any manger or supervisor to make sure this gets resolved ASAP. It's been over a month since I've ordered this online and to this day, I still don't have a stove and I don't have a date of when this will come. It is absolutely frustrating.

We just had an awful experience trying to receive our new appliances. We ordered a new fridge, stove, dishwasher, and microwave. The delivery date was set for 12/17. No phone call the day of delivery, however there was a snowstorm so we gave them the benefit of the doubt. Called the store and delivery company and they said we would get them Monday. Monday came, no appliances. Called back and they said Tuesday between 1-5. 4:30 came... 5 came... no appliances. Called the store and they said the delivery company conveniently "forgot" to put them on the truck!! Third day late now and they said they could deliver them Thursday... A week later before Christmas and we thought we were getting new appliances before the holiday. No thank you Home Depot we will go to Lowe's from now on.

I purchased LG dryer and washer in HOME DEPOT. After delivery I found out the washer has terrible vibration during spinning so I called HD during first 48 hr to return defective washer, they refuse to give me refund. They send me someone to check out and the person said that washer is defective (after leveling was not better) and he sent HD note about. I tried get refund again, so now they want to send the LG representative repairman. Why I need repair since the item is defective since first day, and waste my work time to be home. Costco will give me refund in similar situation. Don't buy appliances in HOME DEPOT. Not worth the stress!!!

I thought Home Depot was supposed to be known for the customer service. I will NEVER buy LG products through Home Depot again. I have always used Home Depot as my go to for home repairs, tools, etc. I bought a new washer/dryer and refrigerator for my house and was told the delivery date would be a few days later, November 21st. GREAT! The delivery day came and I received no information about where my appliances were. I called Home Depot and they told me they had moved my delivery date to the next day November 22nd. This was not ideal, but it would work.

A few hours later (at 5 pm CST the DAY my delivery was already supposed to be at my house) I received a call from LG saying they had messed up one of the master numbers on my order and now I would not be receiving my appliances until December 1st. I spent 3 HOURS on the phone with Home Depot and LG throwing out ideas, and no one gave me ANY assistance or solution for my issues. This was 3 days before Thanksgiving!!!

To make matters worse, when December 1st came around I had a delivery window between 8-10am. The driver called and said they would arrive "in about an hour" - around 10 am. He then called me 25 minutes later and said they were AT my house. I rushed home to find no one. When I called the phone back there was no answer. Shortly after a gentleman called me to say they decided to do another delivery first and would be to me in about 10 minutes. 45 minutes later (at 10:15) they showed up to my house. Overall this experience was AWFUL. I will never go back to Home Depot or LG to order appliances, and I will never suggest them to anyone looking for appliances.

I purchased a microwave in late November and was recommended to get a filler kit so that it would fit the space. I scheduled the delivery for early December and communicated that it would need to be installed before 4pm as that is when I pick up my kids from school. The associate told me it would be no issue and made a note on the delivery form. The day before my delivery I got a call that the delivery window was between 2:45 and 6:45pm. I called to let them know that this would be an issue if it was after 4 and that I had communicated this when scheduling the delivery. After waiting on hold for a half an hour, the person on the other end just kept repeating the phrase "we can't guarantee delivery times". Therefore I had to reschedule and the earliest date available was almost 2 weeks out.

On the day of delivery I waited at home for 4 hours and 10 minutes. Before the end of the delivery window I got a call that they were 20 minutes away. They came to my house, took out the existing microwave and then announce that they would be unable to install the new microwave as they were unfamiliar with the filler kit. I was told they would schedule a follow up service call early the next week.

After hearing nothing I called GE Home delivery the contracted delivery vendor and after holding for 1/2 hour, giving my story, being hung up on, calling back, holding for another 1/2 hour and explaining it all again, I was told that no service call had been scheduled and they would be unable to install the microwave because of the filler kit and that I should call an electrician on my own or figure it out with the Home Depot. I called the Home Depot and was told they would look into it and call me back... As of yet I have not heard back. A month after purchasing our new microwave it has still not been installed and since our old one was hauled away we no longer have that either. Truly the most frustrating, time consuming, worst delivery experience ever.

We purchased a new dishwasher from Home Depot. Paid for the complete, expensive, installation package. The plumbing contractor botched the install and flooded our kitchen. The hardwood floor was ruined. Home Depot has refused to get involved in fixing the damage. HD position is that we must deal with their "fly by night" contractor. In the end, we had to turn our claim over to our homeowner's insurance. I am now a Lowe's customer.

I purchased a washer from store on 4635 Presidential Pkwy in Macon GA and paid $450.00 on my debit card. Talked with older female salesperson working there whom I thought that was knowledgeable about appliances. I went in thinking I could find an older wash preferably a GE which I had purchased about 16 years ago. (Mine finally quit.) The salesperson was quick to show me a washer that was still in the box unopened stating that it was a good washer. I asked if I could see a display and she stated that it was the last washer of that kind and stated that it was a very good brand.

After telling her what my expectations were I felt as if the salesperson was steering me in the right direction. I bought the washer, took it home on 12/10/16. Finally got it installed on 12/14/16 and when I saw it, it looked more like a commercial washer. But since it was there I decided to try it. As it washed and the lid locked, I was like I don't like the washer. So I disconnected it and put it back in the box to return it. Once I got to Home Depot with the washer on 12/17/16 with the receipt, and the debit card I was told by the Asst. Manager that they do not take appliances back after 48 Hours.

I asked her to tell me where was that policy displayed at in the store and she told me that it would be online. (No sign in the store.) So then I pulled up the policy and it stated that defective or damaged appliances have to be returned within 48 Hours. Well neither one of them applied to this situation, this is a simple "I DO NOT LIKE THE WASHER." I called corporate in Atlanta GA, spoke with a supervisor named ** and they gave me the same song and dance. What I would like to know is If they have a No Return Policy after 48 hours why isn't it displayed so that customers know that returning the appliance is not an option.

I would have never bought any appliance from here. In fact my receipt says that the return policy on my item is 90 days. They still insist that it is a generic message. I end up walking out leaving the washer there because I am very disappointed with the company and do not want the washer. If I don't get my money back on Monday, (that's the day I was told to come back) then I will be going to small claims court against them to get my $450.00 back because unlike them I work hard to make honest money. I will also tell my 1000+ coworkers not to buy from them. Very dissatisfied, should have went to Lowe's.

Waited 12 days for install of 6 appliances. Outside company called 10 minutes before arrival. The installer measured all areas, said my cabinet was too low above the refrigerator. I said, "No problem, I'll have it down in ten minutes while you install the washer/dryer in another room." The installer went back outside and called to his company and said he would not do the install for various reasons. There were no reasons he could not. Home Depot did not solve the problem, would not say they would reimburse my food loss and if I could afford, I'd move on to another company.

Home Depot would not schedule the next install until three days later. I had no kitchen, no laundry for four days, merely waiting for the new world service that we get from Average Joe businesses that have no one there who cares. If I had been in my hometown, the local Carruth Furniture Co. would have done the job with no issues. Poor poor world when these large companies care no more for their customers who just spent $6000 with them. I had three different order numbers that I could not list. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

I will never buy large items from Home Depot again!!! I purchased all new appliances for my kitchen on 11/23/2016. Over $4000 worth!! I researched all of the appliances to make sure and get quality appliances, that I could enjoy for several years. I should have researched Home Depot's delivery service. I was told my appliances would be delivered 12/19/2016. Which was great because my oven stopped working and I am cooking Christmas dinner for my whole family on Christmas.

Friday before my scheduled delivery on Monday, the delivery agents left me a voicemail changing my delivery to 12/30/2016, after Christmas. I called an hour after they did, and said this wasn't acceptable. They said sorry the delivery date has been changed, it's too late. They changed the date because my microwave was back ordered. I explained my situation and asked to have the range, refrigerator and dishwasher be delivered on the 19th. They said they can't deliver partial orders. I said I would cancel the microwave order. Again they said sorry, it's too late to, delivery on Monday now!! I asked why they didn't call me before they changed the delivery date and they said it's not their policy. I called Home Depot's corporate office and they were not helpful either. I WILL NEVER BUY ITEMS FROM HOME DEPOT THAT REQUIRE DELIVERY!!! I will shop LOWE'S for other purchases too!!!

Absolutely horrible experience. Buy a washing machine from Home Depot. Delivery guy didn't give me a 30 minute notice and said he was 5 minutes away. I needed that 30 minutes to get home to let him in. Re-schedule for 5 days from now. He was rude, wasn't helpful and customer service at Home Depot is basically a bunch of walking zombies. I'll never buy a major appliance from Home Depot again. Lowes will be my new go-to shop since I have multiple properties.

My wife and I recently purchased a kitchen stove at our local Home Depot and picked the unit up once it arrived at the store on 12/1/16. While unboxing the unit, it was discovered that there was some damage on top of the unit. I called the store and they said that we could get a replacement. However it would not arrive until 12/14/16. No big deal as we could still use the original one. I was told to have the original unit there early so it could go back on the same truck as the replacement arrives on. Again no big deal, I had it there early on 12/14. By the way I called the store to confirm the swap date of 12/14, yep still on.

Rather than wait for the new one to arrive, I dropped the original one off and left. About 5:30 pm that same evening, I called to check on the status of the replacement. I was then told that the original one was taken and the replacement would be in on Friday 12/16. WHAT!!! Now we have no stove period. Keep in mind I done this on their terms not mine and they failed us as customers. Also there is more to the story than this that took place before Thanksgiving regarding the same stove. In short I will never special order something from Home Depot again! They are absolutely horrible at special orders.

I place my order online through Home Depot on Nov 20th. Online delivery schedule is Nov 30th. No phone call to me the day before. Their first phone call to me was when they showed up at door at 4:30pm. Of course I was not home. They rescheduled me for Dec 14th. I told Home Depot on phone I am not home after school because I have to take kids to different activities every day. The lady was nice and put in the request for morning delivery. Dec 13th, there was no phone call from delivery company. I called on Dec 14th morning and they said delivery time will be 4:30pm to 8:30pm. Are these people human at all? They don't give customer enough time to make arrangement and they don't work with the customer.

I called Home Depot. The rep was nice and calm and asked me which date I can be home ALL DAY to wait for them. I told them Dec 17th and 23rd. She called the delivery company but came back... The earliest delivery available is Dec 30th. Unbelievable how Home Depot can do more business with delivery company like this. I have no choice but to cancel the order. I am going to order from somewhere else. Never ever order appliances from Home Depot unless you can be home ALL DAY to wait, because they don't listen to you. There is no customer service at all.

Purchased a dishwasher on November 29th. Paid for delivery, installation and removal of existing dishwasher in my home. Delivery was scheduled for December 9th the soonest date available. When called for delivery confirmation was informed it was ONLY being delivered NOT installed that day. I had to set an installation appointment also. Installation couldn't happen till the 16th of Dec. This was NOT my understanding when I made my purchase. Delivery never happened when scheduled due to a skiff of snow on my road but propane trucks, school buses, and all other traffic drove this road. So we are now scheduled for delivery December 16th. Unacceptable. Be upfront with customers. Let them know when you schedule delivery. That is all. It is NOT installed and ready to use.

I was advised not to order from Home Depot because of their horrible delivery service. Now I understand why contractors want you to go any place for appliances... but not Home Depot. The delivery service Home Depot has through General Electric is horrible. I was not able to accept deliver on Nov 28... I was told I was not telling the truth when I told them a fellow from their service told me I could receive my appliances on Dec 3. When I called the W Sac store they were not able to help me. They are locked into the delivery service. I called GE and spent 1hour 50 minutes on the phone with them. When I called on Saturday Dec 3, I was told the customer does not name the time or the day they can receive their appliances. They do. When I told them what the young man said... I could receive delivery on Dec 3... They could not find where I talked to anyone.

After being put on hold asking for supervisor's managers I was told they received a call from me on Dec 3. But I had no other option but to accept the appliances on Dec 12. I was threatened if I did not receive them on Dec 12 the appliances would go back to the vendor... I took off work at 2:30PM. Finally at 5:57 pm today Dec 12 I received a call from the delivery driver his truck had been broken down since 10am. No one bothered to call me. What does this say for Home Depot?? Contracting to such a bad service. Lowe's would have delivered the appliances Dec 5 all at the sale price I received from Home depot. I should have gone with Lowe's. One more chance for Home Depot delivery and I was totally amazed at how bad their delivery service really is. Considering the insults and the service Home Depot accepts for their customers I feel I should receive 30% to 50% discount on my order...

I purchased a Magic Chef refrigerator from Home Depot 2/29/16 and it broke down after 7 months. Neither Home Depot or Magic Chef are willing to stand behind this product, even though it's potentially a lemon. It broke down, the part has been on backorder for two months, which I believe has potentially further compromised the integrity of the appliance. Neither companies really care, so I can't concern myself with writing a big long review because my complaint sounds just like everyone else's here and no one ESPECIALLY HOME DEPOT is going to do anything about it. I asked to speak with a supervisor (Joslyn) who was not helpful at all - all she could do was discuss the warranty, rather than consider the fact that they may have sold me a lemon, not thinking outside the box on the part of Home Depot.

I've worked in Customer Service and I've dealt with people just like me, consumers on the other side who just want a FAIR deal, and what I can tell you is that as long as the company has no integrity, then neither do their products, therefore they won't stand behind them. Terrible CS and terrible product. Never shopping at Home Depot again.

I will never buy another large item from Home Depot again. You cannot change anything except the date for delivery. I needed to change the address the appliance was delivered to. Because it was in a different zip code, they would not change it. They said they would need to cancel the order, and redo it. Of course, not at the price I bought it at. Now I have to get it to the proper address myself. Rip-off. Won't buy from them again. I don't care what the price is.

I had never purchased appliances from Home Depot before, though I've spent thousands there on building materials and tools. This fall I purchased 4 major appliances: washer and dryer, stove and refrigerator. First I did not realize items are not in stock, but I had already made my selection when the salesperson said it would take about 5 days to get them. I went ahead anyway, paid for them, then she said soonest they could be delivered was 10 days, on a weekday, which didn't fit my schedule. I scheduled delivery for 2 weeks from my purchase, which was troublesome as I had no stove or refrigerator at all during that time.

Two weeks later the delivery people called, they actually showed up on time, but on arrival they only had the refrigerator! I had to call Home Depot and the delivery company. They said it would be another week. We scheduled, I waited around on Saturday, they actually showed up again on time with the stove and dryer. No washer! They had no idea where the washer was. More calls, more visits to local store, and another Saturday standing around waiting, they said the washer was on its way. Delivery hours came and went. Someone called from delivery company and said that the washer had been damaged. They said they would reorder and expedite.

It's been five weeks since my purchase at this point. Next weekend they call and ask me if I still want the washer? I said "no, not if you didn't reorder last weekend! I want my money back." Took me two more weeks, or two months from original purchase, to get my money back. Many hours on phone and in store to get it done, too. Same day I cancelled Home Depot order I ordered the same washer online from BestBuy, paid less for it, and had it delivered in three days!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.
  • Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.
  • Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.
  • Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.
  • Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.
  • Best for Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Compare Appliance Store