Home Depot Appliances
1.11/5
Based on 169 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

Home Depot Appliances

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

716 Home Depot Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Bad communication between delivery and store. Bought 2 appliances; cancelled one and they said the delivery date would change so I cancelled whole order. Delivery was calling me; I talked to store and they said my delivery was cancelled; 2 nights later at 8 PM, the delivery person knocked at my door. Three - four weeks later, delivery called me today. Why do they have to make this so complicated. By the way, I went to a competitor to make purchase.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

When Home Depot had my washer and dryer delivered, my home was damaged by the carelessness of the delivery team. Several nicks on the walls, a door that got banged in and paint scraped off the walls due to them being careless when bringing them into the laundry room. I immediately took this up with the Home Depot I had purchased the set from and was told "it would be taken care of".

After endless emails being sent, the owner of the delivery company called me. I could not understand a single syllable that he was saying and to top that off, he sounded intoxicated. That conversation got me nowhere. I proceeded to contact Home Depot again and they told me to contact the Home Depot Claim Adjuster named Jessica. She did not return my initial calls, but I happened to make a last attempt at contacting her and was lucky enough to have her pick up. I gave her the claim number for my case and she said I needed to wait some more to hear from the delivery company.

At this point, I became very annoyed and tried to nicely explain to her that I feel as if I am getting the runaround. She told me I needed to be patient. HA! Patient? This has been going on for over a month! I then said, "Look, I don't want to have to turn this into a legal situation where I have to hire a lawyer." Her response to that was, "Well ma'am you have to do what you gotta do". I cannot believe the unprofessionalism and lack of caring that I have gotten from Home Depot. I had thought I was making a really good choice when going with them for my appliances, but apparently not! I will never spend another dime there again and I encourage anyone reading this not to as well!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I will not tell you the 1st time GE sent two men to install my Microwave convection oven... But the second set of installers never installed it right as they did not read the installation manual. I not knowing this was told by a friend who came to my house that it was installed to recirculate back in the house rather than the vent to the outside that was obvious. I thought they did it correctly till then... When I called Home Depot in several different phone numbers and talked to supervisor and was hung up on by one c/s person... they told me the installation was only guaranteed for 30 days and that I had to call Maytag... who called out a service company only when they called to set up a time. They told me they would not check installations only problems. My problem is it is not broke. It works but it works improperly. So now when I use the oven the heat is going to come back into my house.

As long as GE is the contract for installations I will never do business with Home Depot. I have ordered two ref. and 3 Microwaves all over the range... Previous to this as I have two homes. I am in the midst of remodeling one and will need carpet, wood floors, toilets, sinks and faucets and none will I get installed from Home Depot service. They don't seem to be bothered that the installation was done wrong. Only that 30 days has passed so it is not anyone's issue but mine now.

BUYER BEWARE. I CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE WHERE IT SAYS INSTALLATION IS ONLY GUARANTEED FOR 30 DAYS.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Bought a GE washer from HD with free delivery and installation. Long story short... No call 30 minutes Prior to delivery. Not delivered within 4 hour window as promised. Placed washer in basement and left without installation. HD referred me to 3rd party delivery service for resolution after delivery guys stated that I told them I would install myself! Can't recommend HD delivery services, my experience with Lowe's is much much better and recommended.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We have had a horrible experience purchasing washer/dryer from Home Depot. At scheduled delivery appointment they brought us two severely damaged washer and dryer and offered me 75$ discount to accept those. After we refused to accept the items we have been told that they will set up the next delivery within 48 hours. However after five days of hearing nothing I called them and after two hours discussion they told me that they can deliver washer/dryer after 5 days, means totals of 3 week after purchase to deliver it to me. Never trust their delivery, we are now in the process of canceling the order and get the refunds which seems gonna take forever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator online before New Year and scheduled a delivery on 27th January. I was told that I will get a call the day before and never received one. I had to follow up with them to make sure it was on schedule. Finally it came in with damage and I refused delivery. It is understandable that the product may get damaged during the delivery. What made me hate is the customer service when I tried to reach them. The way they speak to their customers are unacceptable and rude. After multiple follow up I got a call after 5 days saying the delivery was scheduled for Feb 6th. Their process definitely does not include customer satisfaction. They don't care about the customer's schedule but have their own timelines. Even a missed promised date does not take priority for them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I having a very bad experience with the delivery services of my appliances. I still waiting 4 months for the company assist my claim of repair my floor, because the delivery company that Home Depot's hiring was negligent and broke my vinyl floor.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Today is Jan 31st, per the automatic phone call on Jan 30th evening, our ordered appliances should be delivered between 1:00 PM ~5:00 PM (later, I called home depot, the schedule in your system was between 3:45 ~ 7:45 PM). I went to the delivery address before 1:00 PM and waited for them until 7:45 PM. Still, no one calls us or show up for delivery. During the long waiting period, I was not able to get drink/food and have to make several calls to the Home Depot subcontractor and The Bridge water 202 Home Depot.

The feedback is that the truck already on the road and I should just wait, or they can’t reach the delivery team, or the office closed. One of the GE’s representatives, a lady named Lisa (I can’t get her name clearly but very close), told me on around 4:20 PM, that our sequence number is 14, and now the truck at stop 13, so we will be their next stop, and we should receive a call within 30 minutes. But apparently, she may lie to me.

So, I called again around 5:19, and the lady told me she couldn’t find that information which Lisa told us. But on a later call, another gentleman said he can see that we stop 14, but he doesn’t know where is the truck. So let’s put this aside, I think I can’t trust this company any longer. Now I have to find The Home Depot, who is selling the appliances to us directly and received our full payment about two months ago to take your responsibility to make our delivery happen. We do not care if it’s from which company, we just want our goods showed up with new in box and been installed per our order correctly.

As a customer who been regularly buying from home depot, I hope you as representative from home depot, a huge company, can concern about your customer’s frustration. I have personally been waste one full day of Jan24, one-half day till late evening on Jan 29, and another half day till almost 8:00 PM on Jan 31. And each travel to the delivery address is more than 35 minutes, and I took days off for this never show up, no feedback delivery. If you were me, what’s your feeling? Yeah, Home Depot is a big company, you may never have an ear for us.

So here are some questions: Is that our appliances been stolen? Is that the delivery company just do not want to make delivery to us because they made some many mistakes and dared not to show up? Are they just delay our delivery because our last name is Asian (I hope this is not the case!!!). We are tired of dealing with the delivery company, we just want with Home Depot to take care of this, and I believe if the Home Depot (Bridgewater 202) store want to solve this issue, you can easily arrange delivery for us on time and in time. So, please do not pass the ball to GE or whatever the 3rd or 4th party which we do not even know the name and never have the luck to talk directly. We just need the product that we bought and the warranty that for our appliance may already waste two months?

Our last request has never received a formal feedback from your store, and that makes us feel that the Home Depot (Bridgewater 202) store do not care about our case. I hope this letter can make you do something for the customer who paid you. We reserve the right to claim for a compensation for the loss of our time, transportation expense, time to deal with all the unnecessary issues that related with this order, mental stress and health impact due to the long waiting time.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator from Home Depot and had them install it. One and a half years later the icemaker and freezer are not working properly. I call for a repair, but the person claims my fridge was not installed properly so the warranty is void. I explained Home Depot installed the unit, but was told by Susan at the Honolulu Home Depot that it is my responsibility to know the ventilation requirements and thus it's my fault.

In the meantime, I spent about 35 hours on the phone trying to speak with a manager, left many unreturned messages, and had several people promise to help that never followed up. A second person was sent to confirm with the same findings. I'm told by Home Depot there isn't anything they will do. I get a letter explaining my warranty (which I paid $250 for) was voided. At this point, I lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and was refunded the repair estimate and warranty ($800.00). I chose to purchase a new unit from Sears Appliances and donated my previous unit to the food bank. 6 months later I get the refund, but only after the BBB got involved--not cool.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We purchased an LG appliance package from the Black Friday sale 11/30/2017 and were told that the items would be delivered 1/27/18. Ok we didn't mind the wait as it gave us time to redo our kitchen, but January 15th the LG customer service center calls and informs us that the microwave selected on our package was discontinued, they were going to upgrade it at no cost. Ok, we are reasonable people. On January 18th we receive another call for exactly the same reason and I was thinking well at least they are on top of things... WELL THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT THE CASE. January 27th came with no appliances delivered, so we had someone paid to install the appliances that had no appliances to install.

I called the LG customer service and we were told that our appliances were not scheduled to be delivered until February 10th. SO WE HAVE NO REFRIGERATOR, NO DISHWASHER, NO STOVE OR MICROWAVE UNTIL THEN!!! A trip to Home Depot on the 28th was a waste of gas as they can't get ahold of anyone on the weekend, so this morning I have spent 4 hours going between Home Depot, LG and my husband who both companies continue to disrupt at work even after being asked, then told to call me instead. The outcome they believe is satisfactory? February 6th. Yeah the 500.00 we saved for this sale has already been spent in the food that was without refrigeration being thrown away, having to order cooked food, an installation charge and another full week without the appliances. Maybe we shouldn't have expected our fully paid for appliances to be delivered on time and gotten rid of our old appliances?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We purchased a Whirlpool front load washing machine on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018. The sales person in the Cartersville, GA store (Darlene **) was a pleasure to work with. She was knowledgeable about the products, friendly and professional. Our delivery was set for Thursday, January 25th before 4:30 PM. I took the day off. Waited and waited. At 4:45 PM I called the store. Darlene called me back and apologized that they overbooked deliveries for that day and my washer would be delivered on Tuesday Jan. 30th. No phone calls were made to let me know. Instead I wasted an entire day sitting around waiting for a delivery that wasn’t coming. I was ready to cancel the order so I called the assistant store manager and he arranged for Saturday delivery and offered compensation which he later reneged. A TERRIBLE experience!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We ordered an LG washer/dryer over Labor Day 2017. Delivery was delayed by more than 6 weeks and when they delivered, they only brought a dryer. We were told the washer was on backorder. Long story short, a faulty washer was delivered when I was at work that my husband accepted. The top right corner was melted metal. I spent the next 3 months making over 20 phone calls to LG before a generic company that said they deliver to Home Depot, JC Penney, and Costco installed our final washer that looks new- which is what we expected back in September 2017!!! I highly suggest you avoid Home Depot for your appliance purchases due to the HUGE hassle I got over getting my final product. I am so over this now. Hope this benefits future shoppers!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Purchased washer dryer and not only do they refuse to let you speak to a human being, also they take up your entire day making you wait from 7 am to 7 pm. Last time I purchase appliances from Home Depot, terrible customer service!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We bought our new washer & dryer in Home Depot through phone call and it was initially schedule for 1/12/18 to deliver, install and haul away the old ones. They called us and knocked at the door at the same time almost. And due to the snow they cannot move the new washer & dryer to our basement so they left everything in our garage. They told us to schedule another window for installation and haul away. We did immediately and it was scheduled on 1/18/18. On that day they was supposed to show up between 10am~2pm but never shown up. We call them around 3pm and they said they cannot connect the driver. So we have to reschedule again by the end of day because for sure they won't show up. So the next schedule is again another week 1/24/18. And we've been out of washer & dryer for 3 weeks, no laundry for 3 weeks. Not sure if on 1/24 they will show up or not since so far we didn't receive any call yet.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We had schedule to deliver our appliances on Saturday between 12 to 5pm. We wait for delivery staff from 12 and we receive call on 3:30 that mentioned our stuffs will arrive in 30 minutes. We waited until for 2 hours. Nobody showed up. After several call to delivery service at 6pm we found our delivery status was missed. I didn’t hear any doorbell or knock and there was not any notice behind the door that at least we knew that we missed delivery. I waited 6 hours and nothing at the end. We removed our refrigerator before delivery came so right now we don’t have any refrigerator in our kitchen and we have baby at home, We cannot wait for one week to delivery my appliance. People should hide behind the door. Otherwise they just run away fast. I sent my complaint to Home Depot customer service and didn't get any response. Horrible delivery service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Purchased a washer and dryer from Home Depot on Jan 10/18. Scheduled delivery was for 1/20/18. A part of the delivery was not only to install but also to remove my old washer/dryer. Upon scheduled delivery, movers came at approx. 1:00 pm and delivered and picked up old appliances but did not install. The delivery guys had mentioned that someone else would be coming within the next 30-60 minutes to do the install. No one showed up. I called the 1-800 number provided on receipt and spoke with the appliances department to which I was told that installation is extra and was not a part of my order. I vehemently informed them that it is indeed a part of my order and this issue needs to be fixed. The receiver recommended I call Home Depot to get this sorted out to which I did and they confirmed that installation should have been done during the time of delivery.

To make a long story short, I did a lot of back and forth between Home Depot, the appliance department, installation department and even Ovation delivery (the company HD uses). Home Depot was recommended to me but I will never recommend them to anyone else. I am still waiting for my machines to be installed. I do not know why there is so much confusion and why me as the customer has to be chasing everyone to get some kind of result. I now have to wait on what appears to be the installer’s time to get this rectified as there is no sense of urgency. I went with HD thinking that since they are a known and reputable company, they would not have these kind of issues. Clearly I was wrong. Someone either needs to get their stuff together or be dropped from doing business together. This is so upsetting, disappointing and unprofessional!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and microwave from Home Depot, an 11/25/2017 online Black Friday sale. The original order said a delivery date of Jan 5, 2018. They charged my credit card immediately for the purchase. January 4th, I get a call saying that my order is delayed but they don't know why. I have to track down someone from Samsung that tells me my microwave is holding up the order. My current refrigerator is on its last legs so I said cancel the microwave so that I can receive my order. The Samsung employee told me I would get my refrigerator in a couple days if I canceled. I wait on the phone line forever for my new delivery date and she says, "Oops, didn't change your delivery date at all." It was still 1/12/2018 and we can't add the microwave back on. It was a great price on the microwave so I lost out on the savings.

I schedule another vacation day so that I can be at home for the delivery. The delivery company calls on 1/11/2018 to tell me my 4 hour window is 2 pm - 6 pm. On 1/12/18, they never show up to deliver my merchandise. I call the delivery company and am told Samsung didn't have the refrigerator in the warehouse. I call Samsung and they are absolutely clueless. My delivery date remains 1/12/2018 with no update. They didn't have the courtesy to tell me my refrigerator didn't show up and they allowed me to wait an entire afternoon for a delivery that was never intended to happen.

On 1/15/2018, I contact Home Depot to help resolve the problem. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone and nothing was resolved. I was told they had almost 40 refrigerators in the warehouse by HD. Samsung can't figure out what happened and repeatedly tried to get me to cancel the refrigerator order. I insisted I wanted my merchandise. Again, the price was great and I can't order another one for that price. Samsung had to start a "document search" that could take up to 48 hours. Why do I care where they lost their merchandise? Why would they not just send me one of the others in the warehouse? Apparently, that is an unreasonable expectation.

Today (1/18/2018), I have yet to hear from anyone regarding my order and the supposed document search. I was told someone would call and schedule the delivery. I had the HD employee call my local store to see if they had a refrigerator in stock that they could deliver. The local store calls me back to offer a loaner. I don't need the hassle of taking another day off to get a loaner there. I did not request a loaner, though the gesture was the only positive out of this entire mess.

Samsung, the delivery company and Home Depot each take zero responsibility for fulfilling the order. Home Depot says, "Gosh what can we do, it is them." I paid Home Depot and they need to resolve the situation. Meanwhile, I have burned two vacation days for no reason, paid for the product 8 weeks ago and have nothing!!! I did have to specifically ask that my microwave credit be applied to my account. The HD employee did that but didn't take off the install charge that was associated with the microwave. Another hassle I will have to track down.

Samsung is particularly annoying. They will tell you any manner of false information to get off the phone. They can't send me a refrigerator because they will have to charge me for another refrigerator. Of course, they do not have access to my credit info since I bought from HD. The lack of professionalism and inability to honor their sale prices is astonishing. I thought Home Depot was a quality company, employee owned and committed to quality customer service. I highly recommend you go elsewhere when looking for appliances. I have lost a lot of money in paid time off, phone time and still don't have a much needed refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I am extremely upset about the delivery of my new refrigerator purchased online from Home Depot and delivered by Home Delivery America in Union NJ (201) 758-8081‬. This horrible experience took place yesterday January 15, 2018 and since last evening I have been trying numerous ways to resolve it with no success. The delivery of my refrigerator arrived at 5:45 even though I specified in the online order that my building only accepts deliveries up until 5pm. The delivery workers stated that my door is not wide enough to bring the refrigerator in, then I pulled out my own meter and showed them that it is in fact 32” wide and the refrigerator is only 30”. They removed my old refrigerator and proceeded to install the new one, by install I mean putting it in place and plugging it in. They did not install the water line for which I was charged nor did they make sure that it was all working properly.

I called their company only to be told that there is no installation. They just bring the water line and only install if there already is a water line in place, which makes no sense. Then they left. I proceeded to call Home Depot to complain and spoke to Mark and then to Michael and both got disconnected or hung up on me. While I was doing that my two excited children (ages 4 and 5) run to open the refrigerator and came out of the kitchen with a working drill. The delivery workers left a working drill in the refrigerator, thank God no one got hurt. Their negligence put my children in danger!!! Someone could have easily lost an eye. I proceeded to call Home Depot and the Home Delivery America company but got no answers. Then at 8:30 pm there is a knock on the door and it is the delivery workers returning for their drill. I told them that I will return it to them only after I speak to someone from their company and file a proper complaint report.

I tried to call the company at ‭(201) 758-8081‬ but got their answering machine and left a couple of messages. Then a women named Beth or Maddy, as she used two names in the same conversation called me from ‭**‬ and when I told her what happened she would not give me the delivery workers' names, nor a complaint number and in the end hung up on me. The worker left and several minutes later I got a call from the 90th precinct ‭**‬ and the officer told me that the delivery workers are complaining that I won’t give their tool back. I told the officer the whole story and how dangerous the negligence of these workers was and asked that they please send an officer to my house and I would be happy to give the tool back but I want a written report.

At 9:30 pm officers ** and ** came over and I explained the whole situation to them and gave them the drill back. They instructed me to file a complaint against the delivery company not only with Home Depot, but also with the Better Business Bureau, which I did. I also contacted the delivery company and filed an official complaint with them. This whole process endangered my children’s lives, wasted a ton of my time and still my refrigerator which cost over $1500 is not fully functioning!!! I was texting with several people from Home Depot including Kim, Luis and Scott from Home Depot but none of them have been able to resolve my issue. All I am asking is for a plumber to be send to my house to finish the installation at no cost to me at a time convenient for me!!! Or to be credited to my credit card $350 which is the average it takes for a plumber to do the job and I will hire someone myself.

I cannot believe that Home Depot works with such a negligent company which endangers the lives of children and does not complete the work properly. I hope to hear from you soon in regards to this issue. I also have tons of screenshots of my conversations with Luis and Scott but all are useless because they keep telling me to call the 1800 number which I have tried and can’t get a Home Depot representative on the phone. To say I finally connected with a person and talked to 2 representatives and their supervisor and it turned out that they were not from Home Depot but from the horrible delivery company and of course were not helpful at all. As you can see I also emailed with the customer-care and got redirected by them to the 1800 numbers as well. I am simply at a lack of words for this horrible customer service and the whole experience and will be very vocal about it. Outraged, Customer.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My husband and I purchased a washer and dryer. I went back in 2 days later to cancel my order because of problems Samsung has with their washers blowing up causing injuries. They cancelled my order. Their workers don't seem knowledgeable. I hoped on getting store credit to purchase another brand with them. Instead they hold on to your money for days and will not tell me when I will get back my money. I wish I read the reviews. I will never recommend HD again or shop there. Very Unhappy.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Asked do they honor Vet by 10% off, what they did was jack the price up and then gave 10% off. The problem was I paid more than the floor price. Final got 10% back after 2 trips. Delivery came and dropped off, I paid for install. They claim my deal was not to install. Wrong. We showed them and then they installed the units. They tried to take off and would not accept there was damage to the washer. So they wrote on my copy damaged and signed it. On the way out they destroyed my front steps and took out a chunk. I made them aware of it.

1 week later delivered the 2nd washer and it looks like it had been rolled out the back of the truck. They tried to make me take and I refused. They went out to the truck and took off and did not let me know what was going on. GE appliances company handles all Maytag deliveries. Strange why another manufacturer delivery of the new appliances from a different company. Could GE be damaging appliances so the purchasers would get mad and buy GE.

Went to the store and advised the problems we are having and I made the decision to have appliances picked up and return my money. Went thru again the problems and the pictures. Spoke to a woman MGR and she stated Monday the store would pick up both units. Final after 4 weeks after I paid for the units the store came and picked up the set and headed back to credit my account. Is this how the BIG business handle them selfs? I hope not because the service sucks on all parts and neither one cared for the purchasers.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Went into the Downingtown PA store 1/1/18 and purchased a new LG washer and dryer. Scheduled delivery for Saturday 1/6. As the delivery date neared the area got hit with snow and I received a call informing me that the delivery had been rescheduled for Wednesday 1/10 when I wouldn’t be available due to work. Called the provided phone number and waited 1.5 hours on hold with the appliance delivery “department”. My call was never answered before disconnecting. Took over another hour the next day to finally get a person on the phone and informed them I needed a Saturday delivery. Changed the appointment to Saturday 1/13. The following day I got a call informing me that my delivery was scheduled for Friday 1/12. Went through the whole ridiculous phone call process with absurd hold times yet again. Re-confirmed Saturday 1/13 delivery.

Received phone call the evening prior to my delivery date informing me delivery team would arrive between 1:30-5:30 and that they would call 30 minutes prior to arrival. Neither of those statements held true. At 7:30 PM on scheduled delivery date, still no word from delivery team. Called Home Depot again and provided order information. Was informed by first rep that she couldn’t find my address of the delivery roster. Call was forwarded to the delivery agency (?) where I was informed that the delivery was scheduled for today, that they couldn’t contact the delivery crew directly, that it was the last delivery of the day, and that “sometimes the crews just get held up”. Okay, I can see that, things happen. But how about a phone call to advise the people who are sitting at home waiting for the products they spent a couple thousand dollars on that there’s a delay?

I canceled the order and will now be going to a local appliance store. I will happily pay a higher price to avoid these idiots in the future. These people (at least the ones in charge of delivery) give zero **. I won’t ever order any major items through Home Depot again. Absolutely unacceptable customer service and horrible, horrible communication. Save yourself the time and high blood pressure and go to your local applicable store.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Had such a hassle with HD. No customer service skills at all. We purchased a refrigerator in Dec. Last part. Girl said it was in stock. Would get a call for delivery on 1-6. Well that never happened. I had to call the delivery people three times... and the manufacturer twice!!! Finally. Finally... Two weeks after purchase we MIGHT GET what we paid for the day we went into the store for!!! I'm glad my refrigerator was somewhat cold. Or. OR... I WOULD HAVE REQUESTED MY $$$ BACK!!! TOTALLY DISSATISFIED... ON HOW THIS WENT ABOUT!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

We ordered a fridge because ours died. We were told that delivery date would be today (Weds. Jan 10th). Received call last night from delivery company to confirm my delivery time. When it did not arrive, I called to find out. Turns out that the appliance delivery company never received the product in their warehouse, and I was told that next delivery date would be NEXT Weds! I'm livid! I have NO fridge to store perishables. I needed the fridge TODAY!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I ordered a new appliance from Home Depot. The delivery lead time was very long but ok. It arrived and before it was uncrated, the delivery guys complained they would have to roll it on a dolly up a small hill. How do they handle carrying appliances upstairs, which I am sure they have to a lot. Then they said that they didnt have a hose long enough to attach to out output.

I paid extra for the hose and installation. Our laundry room is pretty standard, so I dont understand why the hose was an issue and there was no mention of limitations on hose size while ordering. After all that, the appliance itself was dented badly so we refused it. To try to reach customer service for a new delivery date is an exercise in patience.

The phone prompts are ridiculous. They are numerous and cant be bypassed to talk to a person. Finally, you reach someone and you get disconnected and you have to go all through the prompts again! The waits on the phone after the prompts were 40 minutes. The new delivery date offered (finally, after days of calling and emailing - cause their idea of a 72 hour wait just to GET a new date is more like 96 to 108 hours) was so far in the future, it is a joke. So I cancelled the order. I will never shop there again. And I have bought a lot there through the years, appliances, fencing, flooring, you name it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Had it been a simple delivery delay, I would have been ok. The issue began when GE didn't contact me to let me know there was a delay (apparently Home Depot contracts GE for appliance deliveries and installations). There was no phone call or communication of any kind. So I waited for delivery, at about 1 pm I decided to call Home Depot to see what was up, and they directed me to GE, without giving me any further information or assistance. I called them and honestly, that's where the problems began. First they told me to check the app, I did, it showed a delivery date of today. I called back and was sent through the automated system where I was told, again, that delivery was scheduled for today. I called again and this time I was able to get an actual person on the line, who told me that yes, delivery was scheduled today, but there was no time window set.

When she clicked over to find out what was up, the call dropped. I called again, spoke to someone else, this person told me that the delivery had been moved to Monday. Needless to say, I was frustrated. I asked "why?" and he said that the dryer had just been delivered to the delivery agent. Ok, so I asked why I wasn't advised? And why Monday? I want it delivered asap. When he went to "find out more info" the call dropped again. I was frustrated and called again. Asked for a supervisor. This guy tells me there is nothing he can do.

Of course I asked why wasn't it given to the delivery agent (he didn't know), why it wasn't communicated to me (he didn't know), and how it could be made right (he couldn't do anything except say "I'm sorry"). I insisted on an earlier delivery date, but he said that wasn't something he could do, that the delivery agent was overbooked. As you can imagine, at this point I'm beyond frustrated and bordering on livid, and I said that this was their mistake and they had to do something to make it right! Nope, nothing. Monday. No offer to mitigate the delivery cost, no attempt to get the dryer to me any faster, nothing. And that is where my anger comes from... not the delayed delivery, but the horrible customer service and absolute unwillingness to do anything to fix their mistake.

When I exhausted all possibilities with GE, I called Home Depot again, and after several attempts to speak to a manager, I was unable to get anyone who was willing to do anything than shrug their shoulders and say "I'm sorry...we've had this complaint before." Again, nothing to help ameliorate the situation. Both GE and Home Depot have lost a customer after this experience. There is no need for customer service to ever be this poor and for something like a basic scheduled delivery to be so unreliable.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I went and order a stove on mid December, and the associate told me it was going to be deliver on Dec 26th, I got a phone call few days before letting me know the delivery date had changed to Jan 3rd, I tried to call them to reschedule the day because nobody was going to be home on that day, like always Home Depot sucks, I never got thru to talk to a live person, so I want to the store and was told to keep trying the other #, I ask them if I could go pick it up at the warehouse and the say the warehouse is not open to the public, so the next available day for delivery 5 days away (Tuesday), I'm thinking about you g to get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I ordered a dishwasher from Home Depot. I was given the delivery date of December 5th. It is now January 3rd and finally my third call to inquire about its whereabouts. I find out that it has been back-ordered to December 28th but it has not showed up. They said the vendor called to let me know but I received no such phone call. I was transferred to talk to the support and service department to get more information and defer paying for my product until it's arrived and I was put on hold. I waited for an hour then I gave up. Still don't know when and if my dishwasher will arrive. I am very frustrated with the runaround, lack of communication and support! I will think twice before purchasing big items again from Home Depot. In the meantime am paying for something I have not yet received and I can't get through to anybody to talk to them about it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My husband and I purchased a refrigerator from store #2303 in Lexington, KY. We were told it would be delivered on Saturday morning, December 30th and that the delivery driver would call the day before and the day of delivery 30 minutes prior to delivery. We did not receive a call the day before. I called the store Saturday at 10:15 am to check on the order. The store had entered a pre-existing phone number and last name from their computer on my order even though I gave them my current cellphone number which they listed as an alternate. I was told the delivery was en route and should arrive soon and they would correct the phone number. I called the store again at 2:18 pm and was told they would deliver it between 4:00 to 8:00 pm.

I called the store at 6:52 and spoke to the store manager who said they could be still en route and to call him back if they didn't deliver it. I called again at 8:07 and was told they would contact their expeditor but that person would not be in until Tuesday because of the holiday. I called the store Tuesday morning at 09:05 am and spoke to the store manager who told me he would contact the expeditor and find out the status of the order. He called me back ten minutes later and told me they had called the number "I" had given them and did not get an answer.

I told him the store had entered that phone number which we had not used in over 7 years and that they had the actual number as the alternate which no one had called. He then said the driver had come to my address at 5:00 pm and knocked on the door and no one answered. This was not true because my husband and I both sat home the entire day waiting on them. We also have four large dogs who would have barked as soon as they heard someone knock! At this point I told the manager to refund my money and keep the ** refrigerator! I will never shop at this store again!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Purchased an LG French Door refrigerator from Home Depot Nov 26, 2017, Delivery date scheduled for Dec 6th. Delivery came and driver pointed out a small scratch and advised I order another one. The next delivery date was scheduled for Dec 19th... Day came and I called to see if they were on time and some at GE didn't enter the reorder correctly, so it never got put on the schedule. So now another delivery date of the 22nd was scheduled, and one of the drivers fell and sprained his wrist, so they cancelled. Why they don't have back up people to cover illnesses etc, baffles me. So now it's rescheduled for the 30th... It snowed. I called in the AM and they were on schedule and will be there between 11-3. 3:00 came and no truck. I called and they recalled the trucks because of the weather and no one called me.

They now want to deliver it New Years Day at 1:00 and we're having a dinner party for 12 people at 1:00, so we said no, that they'd have to be there before 10am for us to manage it. They said they could be there at 10 and maybe before 10. We said ok. 10 came and went no truck. Had the delivery company's number now and called at 10:30. He said they left 20 minutes ago and would be there in 30 minutes. 11:00 came and at 11:30 I tried to call him 20 times and no answer.

At 12:00 I got a call from the driver saying they'd be there sometime after 2 and I told him the other guy promised me by 10 and he said he never got that information and we were number 6 delivery for the day and they only did their first delivery at 11. So I cancelled the delivery and I'm cancelling the order. Now, I like Home Depot and their only problem is hiring this delivery company. Do not buy Home Depot appliances until they fix this.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer from homedepot.com for my new home. When delivery was made the dryer was an electric dryer unit. I paid for all required parts for installation so that they could install it for me on the spot. After everything was plugged in and done the dryer didn't start. The delivery driver checked the connection then the outlet and said, "You have a 120v outlet, this needs 240v. You'll need to call an electrician to fix this, but if you have any issues contact this number." Maybe I was just too naive as a first time homeowner... but I contacted the number to report the issue because it says any defects must be reported within 48 hours on their return policy. Of course their rep was nice and friendly and said this is not correct procedure and I've contacted the delivery company to call back and pick up the dryer.

Well guess what? I never received a call back and when my electrician as able to come by to check my outlet he said there was no issue. It's a 3 prong plug and they both read 120v which adds up to 240v. We tried again. Dryer turned on this time but would not start. Called them again to let them know the delivery team never called back to pick up the unit and my electrician verified that my outlet was functional, and I was told a return cannot be approved by service rep because a store manager is only one with authority to approve an appliance. Again I was told they would call me back in 48 hours and they didn't call back (see a pattern here?). So I went to my nearest store and asked about this issue. Apparently their return policy for appliances doesn't apply to appliances. Go figure, huh? The store manager told me all appliances are labeled in the middle of the details page online with a text stating non-refundable product.

He said they come direct from manufacturer so any return has to be approved by the manufacturer. He did offer to call to get it serviced, but at this point I wanted nothing to do with Home Depot or their customer service. So now I'm stuck with a dryer that doesn't work and they won't take back and can only get it serviced through Whirlpool rep. I've already tried filing a consumer complaint and complaint with BBB. Keep going through same loop of responses from different reps like they all have the same scripted text. Last I heard I was going to be contacted by Whirlpool service rep to diagnosis my machine's problem in... you guessed it 24-48 hours.

It's been over 3 days and haven't heard back from either one of them. Seems super shady to me to hide non-returnable product in a wall of text on product page. There's no mention of appliance being non-refundable anywhere else on my receipts or delivery invoice. You'd think if they had such a strict no return policy on appliances they'd say it somewhere more visible to the consumer... unless of course they have something to hide. Going to try contacting my local news and business attorney to see if it's even legal to have a return policy that can't be used.

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.homedepot.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use