Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Appliances Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I was purchasing a new appliance for my home online but I'm currently located 2 hours away. I wanted to apply my military discount and find out the best way to do so, since you have to show it in person. Instead of me having to go in person to a store 2 hours away, or having to order it in person from the local store and have it shipped to the right location, the customer service rep worked with me and found a workaround saving me the time and energy and giving me an equivalent price to what I'd have gotten with my discount. Such awesome and above and beyond service from him. I already loved Home Depot and their support for military but now I love them even more and will be telling all my friends! Thank you Home Depot!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Gustavo helped us to safely maneuver our water heater down to the basement. Refused a tip. We were short on manpower and knowledge to get it down narrow stairs. He was very knowledgeable with suggestions.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Don't understand negative complaints on this site. Bought a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator and was told that any damage needed to be reported within 48 hours. Ten days later my wife noticed some damage on the side of refrigerator, close to the floor. It was obvious that the refrigerator had been dropped. We went to the store and talked with a lady in the Appliance Dept. She called Whirlpool and they stated that they would have somebody come out look at it.

The man came arrived on schedule and was polite and professional. He took pictures and submitted a report to Whirlpool before leaving the house, and told Whirlpool that the damage was such that it could not be repaired. He told us that it was obvious that the damage was caused in shipment and that he did not think Whirlpool would consider it a defect in manufacture. He suggested that we again contact the store and tell them that they could obtain the pictures and a copy of his report from Whirlpool.

We returned to Home Depot and again talked to somebody in the Appliance Section. They again contacted Whirlpool and the refrigerator was replaced within a few days. Granted we had to jump through some hoops, but they were not difficult hoops by any stretch of the imagination. Everyone that we dealt with was courteous and helpful. True, the refrigerator should not have been damaged in the first place, but as they say, (clean version) stuff happens. Once the damage was reported to Home Depot they took all the proper actions to make things right. I don't see how they could have treated us any better.

Rick

Original review: April 25, 2019

Had a HORRIFIC experience with Lowe's with a delivery of a washer and dryer. In the end, I just cancelled my order and took my chances with Home Depot. Ordered on 4/21, got the appliances in no time on 4/25. Delivery team installed everything right then and there - took less than 10 minutes. It was absolutely amazing and stress free. Wish I just bought everything from Home Depot instead.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Home Depot is affiliated with a horrible company, Temco, that, supposedly, delivers and installs appliances. Temco delivery reps refused to bring the has-been-ordered-from-Home-Depot refrigerator inside my house complaining about the dimensions of my house. Temco's customer service is rude and incompetent as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: March 28, 2020

Had a heavy BBQ scheduled to be delivered from the Van Nuys Ca Home Depot. Driver saw a small dog and without giving me a chance to put the dog inside the house, dropped the BBQ on the front of the driveway, ran inside his truck and sped off, leaving me to figure out how to get the BBQ to my backyard. Won't shop at Home Depot ever again.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Next time you need new appliances, think again before ordering from Home Depot. I had a delivery of a refrigerator and microwave range scheduled for today between 7am-11am. In addition to drop off, an extra fee was paid for install of the water line for the fridge. (The range was solely a drop off). I set aside my morning, ensuring I planned my meetings around their convenience. I pulled everything out of my broken fridge (which you can imagine is a large amount of food given the quarantine). Everything was cleaned and ready to go.

When they arrived they said they needed to call their boss, and left the house, but didn’t say why, and soon after I had customer service call me and say that GE does not allow the installers to touch copper lines which is what I have on my fridge. (Keep in mind, this was never something outlined in the parameters or instructions they give you to prepare for your delivery). She said that they can deliver the new fridge but can’t take the old one. I asked her if we got it disconnected, if they could take the old one as well and she said that they would and to just let the delivery person know.

My boyfriend was able to turn the water line off and get the copper line disconnected from the fridge. When the delivery person came back into my home, we informed him of this and he immediately said “I’m taking fridge back to the warehouse”. I asked what that meant and he ignored me and started walking away. I said, "Excuse me excuse me" as I also followed him and he refused to respond or even acknowledge that I was trying to get his attention. He exited my house and starting rushing back to his truck. I continued to follow him still trying to get his attention and he continued to ignore me as he jumped into the driver seat of the truck and told his partner to get in the passenger side.

I continued to say, "Excuse me" and he said, "One moment". And I said, "No, I want my fridge and range - you’re obligated to deliver it". I told them that they’re both in their seats with the truck turned on and they appear to have no intention of delivering the appliances that are owed to me. (Mind you, the range was delivery only from the start so there’s no reason that shouldn’t have been delivered). With that, they sped off with no explanation and with my appliances still in tow. I then had to reconnect my old (and leaking fridge) and reload everything back inside that I had just unloaded 30 min prior.

Home Depot’s resolution? Rescheduling another appointment for next week that I will now have to block time for, and go through the entire process of unloading a very full fridge and freezer again. The level of disrespect and lack of customer service is unacceptable. I cannot believe that a big name like Home Depot works with contractors that treat their customers this way. I am also extremely disappointed in Home Depot’s nonchalant response of “just rescheduling the appointment for next week.” They did nothing to turn this around into a positive experience which is very telling.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Horrible experience purchasing a Samsung refrigerator. Ordered online with a delivery date of 03/14. The fridge was delivered damaged. Delivery company contacted GE Home Delivery who ordered us a new fridge. We waited Another 5 days for delivery. We were told that they had to change our delivery date due to "truck error" and our new delivery date was 4 days from that date. We were told that after the fridge was delivered, we would be compensated for not having a fridge for 10 days. Today the fridge came. They offered to give us $50 and that's all they could do.

Our family of 4 has been eating restaurant food for the past 4 days because the fridge did not come before we moved into the house, with no fridge, as we had arranged. This has been a major inconvenience, not to mention the money lost due to eating every meal out. Such a disappointment from such a reputable corporation. Ultimately, the error falls on Home Depot where we purchased the refrigerator. Still waiting to hear back from anyone from either company.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Bought an Amana dishwasher for $378, $25 to take old one, $119 for install, $20 new hoses. Used it twice over two weeks. Never dried dishes. Went back to Home Depot to exchange and upgrade and they said I couldn't because it was more than two days. They wouldn't do anything. Told them I've shopped there for over 20 years and never had this bad of customer service. Promptly went to Lowe's and bought an amazing Bosch series 500 dishwasher and will never buy anything from home Depot again. They lost all my business on that day for $378. I have a home depot charge card too with a 20k limit that I was going to use to remodel my kitchen with them too. Horrible experience. Sad.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Purchased a brand new GE washer Jan 2020 at the Home Depot in Oak Lawn. They give you 48 hours to report a problem. However, there is a 90 day return policy posted all over the store. Had a family emergency so did not use the washer until 5 days after being installed. It was broken with the first use. It was loud so I opened the lid thinking it was unleveled since I was washing a small load of clothes. What I found was that the water was not filling up in the machine. Long story short, I've spoken to the assistant manager, the store manager and the corporate office and no one is willing to exchange the washing machine.

They said, I should have reported it within 48 hours. I asked what about the 90 day return policy. They said it doesn't apply to appliances. I asked how would I have known that. They said I should have asked. I am now stuck with a brand new inoperable washing machine. My only option is to have it repaired. I could have kept my old washer for that. After reading so many similar experiences, I'm not understanding how they are allowed to continue to get away with this? Does anyone know who to contact to put an end to this?

Home Depot expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it opened the first stores in 1979, Home Depot has remained focused on home improvement products. With locations around the world, Home Depot has become a household name.

• Price match plus: Home Depot not only matches their competitors prices, they also offer an extra 10 percent off if they match the price of a competitor.

• Package deals: Buy a washer and dryer together or a complete set of kitchen appliances and get a deep discount.

• Specialty appliance available: In addition to the basics like a fridge and stove, Home Depot also carries things like wine coolers.

• Extended warranty available: With up to five years of extended protection, Home Depot offers in home appliance repair or replacement during the coverage period.

• Free delivery: Home Depot offers free delivery and inexpensive installation services by experienced professionals.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team