Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

It has taken 5 attempts to get a microwave delivered and installed. The initial microwave was part of a complete kitchen package and was damaged when delivered. On the second attempt nearly a week later they just didn't show up sending an email after the fact stating the delivery needs to be rescheduled again. On the next attempt 3 days later, they didn't call, they just showed up, then called and said they couldn't wait so we had to reschedule again. The next attempt was 2 days later. They said they would give a 30 minute call before they arrive, of course, we received the call 10 minutes before that we couldn't get to the house in 10 minutes and they again left w/o delivering. So we are now on our 5th attempt to get a simple microwave delivered and installed. Worst customer service ever as far as the delivery is concerned.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I don’t know where to start. This was the worst delivery I’ve ever had in my life. Delivery guy had too much attitude. His name is Gregory **. He DID NOT listen what I was explaining. I feel like he had drugs. He did not know how to talk with a girl. Washer and dryer needed to install but this guy just left everything in my garage. I tried to explain him that these 2 things needs to install because I paid for it. He said no he cannot and gave me the number to talk to company.

Also, when I told him to take all applications with him because he talked so rudely and he said he has everything in his house, he don’t need these appliances. I was so shocked. He did not how to talk. Also, he didn’t even open washer dryer so I can check if there’s any dents. He told, "You have 48 hours. You open and check." Very very very very poor service. I might return all the 5 appliances. I will surely not buy any stuff from Home Depot. This incident made my day bad. Gregory did not ask anything about where to put appliances. He just dropped at garage. Worst delivery service. Worst.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Bought an LG refrigerator for 3417.28 plus ta. To only break down not even 3 full months later... Do not buy their crap, Home Depot doesn't even stand behind their stuff but 60 days. Making a claim is literally a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

We purchased a LG refrigerator from Home Depot. We purchased the extended warranty for our $2000 refrigerator for an additional 200 bucks. 3 weeks ago the unit failed. We are still waiting for a service person to show up and fix it. Junk and terrible service is all I can say. I will tell everyone I know about this.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Home Depot itself provides excellent retail service and I purchase items from Home Depot quite often. Their partnership with Same Day Water Heaters has lost them my patronage due to the very poor experience I had with the partner service provider that could not keep to their supposed 'same day' service window and utter inability to keep me informed about the plumber's whereabouts or give any firm time to appear on site when they missed their appearance window and I was giving them an extension. This service provider clearly cannot control its job scheduling and its customer service representatives, though courteous and professional, are utterly useless in terms of customer advocacy.

I followed their scheduling protocols to the letter and called them three times during the service window to gain updates, and none were given. This is an urgent install and that was made clear from the onset. Same Day Water Heaters really could care less about the customer in these circumstances as evidenced by the clear lack of transparency regarding how my appearance window was managed. I strongly recommend that you avoid this installation partner for the reasons described. Home Depot is a highly reputable retailer, but they have chosen quite poorly in aligning themselves with Same Day Water Heaters as an install partner, and this has cost them my business.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The washer is perfection. Electrolux 527 front loader. However, any washer needs to be installed. Home Depot offers an "installed price." Well, the installers did a very bad job and now the water intake valves are burned out and parts are extremely scarce. Result: no washing machine and desperate for clean clothes. We are buying extra underwear at Target and handwashing in the sink while we wait for parts to come from who-knows-where. Not what you expect for a thousand-dollar purchase.

Home Depot disavows all responsibility. They have a 48 hour "return window" and that's it. It took more than 48 hours for the valves to burn out so they say "Tough beans." I reminded them that they they were my vendor. They sold me a product and failed to deliver it in working order. Didn't they want to step up to that? The answer: "Forty-eight hours." They would rather lose a life-long customer (a "Pro-Xtra" customer), than do the right thing. It's a bad business strategy. I'm gone forever and so is my family.

As for Electrolux, they admit nothing but at least sent someone over (from Sears) to look at it and order the parts. Meanwhile, we're washing socks in the sink. (Laundromats play well in movies and on TV, but in real life, they are not attractive places. However, it may come to that). Home Depot is costing Electrolux plenty of money, but I guess they don't care.

My advice: forget Home Depot. They are not a responsible retailer. Go to a small, family-owned appliance store, pay a few extra bucks to the gods of decency, and do the deal. I tried that, but the small places lacked inventory. HD had the inventory and I was impatient and now I'm paying the price and waiting just as long. Don't be stupid like I was.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Purchased in store $6800 worth of new appliances (whole house including Laundry). When purchasing, I told sales associate I didn't need for a few months as we were building a new house. "NOT A PROBLEM" he said. I called the store and got no answer in delivery 3 times prior to "their delivery date." Left a message with customer service as to new delivery date I needed. Delivery calls me and says "they have a delivery policy of 60 days after purchase" NEVER TOLD THAT!!! I told deliver The date I needed.. THEY SAID WE CANNOT GO PAST 60 DAYS!!! NEVER TOLD THAT. TOLD THEM JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND I WILL SHOP ELSEWHERE!! HE said "not a problem" your cc will be credited within 3 days! It is taking them more time and energy to send appliances back to each distributor and refund my money than just postponing delivery date. NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT!!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

My refrigerator purchased at Home Depot was delivered 8 days ago. After 6+ phone calls, they have no idea how to get a plumber to my house so I can plug in my refrigerator, although they PROMISED to do it. I had made an appointment to pay for my own plumber, but Home Depot said they offer this service free which would only take 24-48 hours. Then they promised it would be 72 hours. Then they promised Tuesday at the latest. Today is Friday. They told me that after the plumber put in a valve, Home Depot was to return to put it in my kitchen. After hours on hold, they've given me many promises but the fridge is still in my dining room. They even gave me a phone number to call which had been disconnected.

Original review: July 25, 2021

The fridge works ok, the delivery men broke a window and the company that works as a 3rd party vendor (GE, Forward Final Mile) is trying really hard to not pay the claim. Believing the delivery men over my account. Because I would lie about a broken window. Never again will I order from Home Depot for delivery.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I had ordered a dishwasher 3 weeks ago and had it scheduled to be delivered today between 7:00-11:00, took the day off and had an electrician scheduled to arrive this afternoon to install it. At 2:30 I got a voicemail letting me know they rescheduled the delivery for 10 days later. Unreal! Now I am trying to call their 1-800 number and needless to say it is impossible to get hold of anyone. I will NEVER order an appliance from Home Depot again. Horrible customer service.

Home Depot Appliances Company Information