Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About The Home Service Club

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

Cons

• High premiums

Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

Top The Home Service Club Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage....

Verified

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced t...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
    • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
    • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
    • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
    Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
    • Refrigerators
    • Outside gas lines
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Grinder pumps
    Add-on options
    Add-on options include coverage for:
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Pools and spas
    • Water softeners
    • Roofs
    • Jetted bathtubs
    • Free-standing freezers
    • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
    Standard Coverage$551
    Comprehensive Coverage$731
    Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
    • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
    • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
    • Additional microwaves: $47.40
    • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
    The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
    Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
    No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
    Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
    No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
    Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
    Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

Resolution response: July 21, 2021

HSC had purchased AXIOM insurance, the one I had issues with. HSC refunded me the money that AXIOM owed me from cancelling my 3-year contract. Although HSC did not go back and change Axiom's decision about refusing to fix my AC, at least they made good on Axiom's promise to refund me the money they owed.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I was given Axiom Home Warranty - which was apparently taken over by HSC - as part of a property purchase. I called them and they sold me on extending the time for the warranty period to 3 years. Told me I wouldn't have to worry about a thing when things go wrong. Paid about $2K for the additional extension. My AC broke down within a couple of months, and I was told that they would not cover it due to the original inspection stating that it may need freon in the future. I seem to get this a lot. So I paid for the AC replacement out of my own pocket $5K+ and asked for a refund on the additional policy I paid for.

That's when the runaround started. Trying to get a hold of someone was ridiculous. I'm sure I was blacklisted and no one answered the phone despite calling over and over. Here are just some of the times I've tried. Each time I actually got a hold of someone, they duly noted that in my customer profile it does state that I was supposed to get the check, but no check ever arrived: This was all in 2019.

– Spoke to Sophia 6/18, Spoke to Taylor Stevens x5076 on 7/1, Emma, x5056 on 8/6/19,. - Spoke to Megan 9/5/19 x 5032, was asked to send her an email with my address. no response. no check. (tried calling: 6/18, 7/25 – 5x, 7/26 – 3x, 8/4, 8/14). - Left message for Emma, 8/19 -2x, 8/30 just from my cell, not counting land line, spoke to Megan 10/22 - will call me back, 10/31) no response. My lawyer offered to send a letter, but why bother? It'll cost me that much for the lawyer fees, and no one will probably get back to me again. Save your money, your sanity, and peace. Avoid them!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 8, 2021

The HSC has a BBB service rating of C because their site is a fraud. As of today, I have called them 10 times and have not been able to get to cancelations to get my money back. They denied all requests even though their website said it is covered (gas leak, rust). They are a call center and will not transfer to a person that can actually help. I don't have any way of getting my money back even after requesting it over the phone for a week. You should know to steer clear of this fraudulent company.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 29, 2021

STAY AWAY FROM Home Service Club Warranty!!! My experience has been a nightmare. Read any of the reviews (the honest ones, anyway), and you will see precisely how they operate. Their business model is to take the customer’s money, give them nothing but headaches in return. Agents are full of promises never delivered on.

• “You can call me back at my personal line anytime.” It’s pretty amusing that the extensions each agent provided were all the same number. If do you call, the mailbox is always full.
      • “We will call you back today.” (Don’t count on it.)

• “We have scheduled a technician to come to your home.”

They actually sent notices to me via email, with the time, date, and phone number of the “technician” scheduled to come to my home. When there was a no-show, I called the number listed on the ‘Claim update,’ and the company HSC listed said they had no scheduled appointment at my home and had never heard of HSC. One company said they don’t ever deal with home warranty companies. The worst part is they did this TWICE in a row. Imagine damaging the reputation of legitimate businesses, the angry phone calls these innocent people/businesses must get, all because HSC is a fraudulent sham.

When you have had enough and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, there is NO WAY to escalate an issue. Agents will tell you that is not possible. I have been hung up on for the asking. After almost three months without a working furnace and no resolution, their answer was: “Find your own service person to fix the issue. But you must call us when they are in your home so we can approve the claim. We reserve the right not to approve the claim.” So, I am to find my own service person to fix the issue, and you may or may not pay the claim? So what exactly am I paying for here? Honestly, this company should be shut down. Look at the number of complaints, and they are all pretty much the same. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

Original review: June 8, 2021

Updated on 06/22/2021: Since complimenting the company on this forum June 8 I have received 6 of my 7 refunds - LONG OVERDUE - cancellations April 8 + 30 business days = MAY 20.... First refund received June 10 = 42 business days. THEIR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROMISE IS "30-45 DAYS FOR REFUND". Second set of two refunds received June 11 - 43 business days. Third set of two refunds received June 15 - 45 business days. Calling the administrator everyday - no answer, left recording - 9 days in a row now.... No response. $750 refund held 53 working/business days past cancellation date..!! **Just another reason to not do business with home service club**. FYI - email to hscservice@hscwarranty.com DOES GET ACTION (but no communication!).

Original review: After purchasing multiple-year warranties for multiple rental properties I discovered Home Service Club does not hire capable contractors and will not service appliances or air conditioners if they have any sign of rust. An air conditioner is exposed to rain. Garbage disposals are used with water. This company excels at making excuses & finding ways to avoid service. Every service call was a nightmare!

After cancelling March 27, 2021, "effective date" was granted April 6 by a mysterious "Accounts Department" who are protected from inquiry by every customer service rep answering the phone. It has been 62 days. I have been promised the return of over $5,000 - supposedly it takes 30-45 days. "Someone will call you back"...who? "Someone in the Accounts Department"...when? "Within 24-48 hours". Hasn't happened after 6 lies to that effect over the past 2 months! It has been 48 "business days" and still no calls/satisfaction/refund! Beware This Pitiful Excuse Of A Business!!! - I have found a N.Y. State governing body to whom I can register a complaint. -

Original review: June 5, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY. I've had Home Service Club (HSC Warranty) for more than 6 years. Previously, I had issues with the only claim I ever filed. They did not approve the service for over a month while I went without a gas water heater. I had to get it repaired on my own and then file for reimbursement. They only approved less than 50% of the cost and did not pay, but rather gave me a credit for monthly payments. I still continued the warranty, but then this year, suddenly I did not receive a monthly statement nor did the automatic payment get deducted. I contacted HSC and was told their system was being upgraded and all would be well in a day or two. They could not accept any payment over the phone since the system was down. I could not log into my account either. The login would just return to the login page.

Since then, I have contacted them almost daily for more than 3 weeks and every day it is the same story - system upgrade. In the meantime, my payment was actually deducted but I did not receive notice or a statement, instead I received notice that my account was in arrears. I attempted to resolve this over the phone and was still told the system is being updated. I then requested my contract be cancelled and received an email stating that my request had been submitted, but every time I call to verify since, still nothing on record and supposedly the system is being updated still.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Back in Nov 2020, I had to cancel my policy due to their inadequate handling of my claim. They said they would process a refund (about half what I had paid for the policy 4 months earlier). To date, every month I call asking for a status on the refund, I get the same answer, they "can't transfer me to the refunds dept they can only submit a request". It's nearly June 2021 and I get the same answer. You cannot escalate the call, there is "no supervisor in the building." The Home Service Club is anything but home service. I am so sorry I ever was a customer of theirs. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Do not use the company. The price per month may seem appealing but you are far better off saving it in a savings account for the moment something breaks. Case 1 my stove wasn't working properly. Came with the house in bought less than a year prior. They sent their chosen contractor out for a $75 copay. He was late and took 15 minutes to tell me it's broken and he will have to come back with parts. Weeks later I have to call HSW for an update to be told they were informed it's electrical and recommended full replacement since parts are backorder indefinitely. But by the way that's not covered.

So I have to find my own replacement out of pocket and for $150 credit send them a receipt. They request Lowe's only but you can purchase from anywhere if it's NEW and you must provide receipt for reimbursement. In my case $150 credit. Took a number of calls to get the credit applied over span of weeks and more than 2 emails sent with receipt attachments. Escalated to a senior person before it was applied.

Case 2. Ac repairs or replacement. 3 contractors, 1 on my own dime, one 2nd opinion and one sent by HSW for the copay. All resulting in no response for months. I contacted via email and phone each month with no luck. Final outcome was escalated to supervisor for cancellation of policy. The website has been revamped for the last few months, so all communications must be done on the phone, their response is that when it's back up you can log in. I want to cancel and I want to view my bill and updates on claims. Can't do that over the phone as easily. Same excuse for months. This is over 5 months of minimal communication and only if I call them, no resolution of claims or straight rejection of claims and cash out of pocket. Service is terrible and communication is worse. Avoid at all costs. BBB ratings is currently a C as of the writing of this review.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I'm very regret to waste money on this home warranty. I tried to request service several times during my warranty period, but all the request took weeks to schedule and and the most angry thing was that even when. the contractor was at my space, they always tried to find reasons to refuse to cover my cost? why I need this warranty, useless at all. I should have done more research before I brought it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I am wondering if The Home Service Club does provide any warranty service at all. We were enrolled with their service for more than year and a half when we for the first time had to make a call for a Warranty service for something inexpensive as a garbage disposal. They did not provide a service, kept delaying, charged us additional $75 for service call and never despatched a repairman. This was totally ripoff /robbery. We called them mostly every day for 3 weeks and asked for the status, reiterated our issue and with no progress and they keep telling us they were working on it internally. At one point they told us they handed over to Lowe’s for repair but did not give us work order number for Lowe’s to trace. We called the Lowe’s to find out and they were more helpful trying to track a work order on their system but never found anything.

We finally had to call a repairman at our own expense to fix it after the 3 weeks because the garbage disposal was causing leaks and that was causing other damages under the cabinet. It was terrible experience for us, they took the premium and service fee never to provide any service which really makes me think if they are really in business to provide warranty service or simply collect premium until customer makes a service call.

Totally regret enrolling with them. We have complained to BBB and asked for reimbursement for service fee to the minimum. Do not enroll with them. Totally disgusted with their service. If they are not fixing something cheap as a garbage disposal, don’t think they will get to anything expensive as AC unit or other appliances which is normally why homeowners hope they fix. Reading some of the positive reviews here makes me question their authenticity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your services.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I signed up with Home Service Club for a warranty on my Home Appliances. I submitted a claim for a broken Microwave oven and from the start received the run-around. First they said because of the age of the equipment (2013) they wanted ME to purchase a new microwave and they would spot me the $75.00 service fee...really? I said, "No I wanted my oven repaired, that's why I purchase a warranty..." A tech was sent out after two more weeks. I paid the $75.00 service fee and he found a damaged part. He called for repair authorization...and that took another week and a half..

Now I get a call from the warranty company that they consider the problem a maintenance issue and no repair is covered...so I have been strung along for nearly a month..paid the warranty fees ..the service fee and my microwave is still out of service. I immediately demanded cancellation of my warranty..but lo and behold..they don't have a direct line for cancellations...it will have to be submitted... I have worked with American Home Shield before and they took care of items quickly and ..yes they were slightly higher but I guess that is the difference...they fix stuff. This was only what I consider a small repair...and I am totally dissatisfied and will not work with this company again and strongly recommend that if you are looking for a home warranty look elsewhere.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

The Home Service Club Company Information