Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
4.62/5

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

426 The Home Service Club Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had to make a call a couple weeks ago because my stand alone freezer wasn't working. All my food was thawing out. I was only on hold for 10 minutes and when I talked to Samantha the first thing she said, was "Oh no! We better get someone out there fast!" I was scrambling to get some of my meats to my neighbor's houses so I wouldn't lose them. A repair tech arrived within 24 hours of my call and was able to fix the freezer. I had to pay a small deductible but that was nothing compared to the cost of all the organic meats I would have lost. It's because of service like this that I will never leave the Home Service Club. Very responsive and understanding of my urgency!

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. At the Home Service Club, we strive to offer our consumers the best home warranty service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

It's the last weekend before Thanksgiving and I find myself in a mess. I had planned to get ahead by doing my baking early. I have everything mixed and ready to bake when I go over to my stove to turn on the oven. It doesn't come on at all. I thought it was just me forgetting how to use my own stove. I had my husband try and oven still does not come on. We checked circuit breaker and it was fine. I was so glad that we had purchased insurance for The Home Service Club. I frantically contacted them and explained my problem. Since it was early in the morning they were able to get someone out that afternoon to take a look. The burners on top were working fine, it was just the oven that did not work. The repairman came out and discovered it was my heating element that was not working. He replaced it rather quickly and I was able to continue my Thanksgiving baking.

Samantha Banks

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We were just moving out of our home and getting it ready for our new tenants- One-week countdown to move out a state, get the house ready for the new tenants while raising two crazy toddlers and I'm by myself. My husband had already left for the new job. The washing machine breaks! My husband thankfully got this a year ago since he heard of it from a co-worker and we had to pay a lot on repairs on our other property. I was able to submit my claim online while my two toddlers are running around wild. I am not a fan of doing things on the phone. Someone came the next day, fixed it under an hour and that was that. So easy and one less thing to worry about. After this, we decided to get it on our other property as well.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I am and still a proud loyal member of The Home Service Club and will be for a very long time and I am so glad I took the decision a long time ago. I keep receiving and the best customer service with Home Service Club. They have always managed my house appliance professionally with experienced tech staff and customer's friendly.

Irrespective of the how old or recent the house I have lived, Home Service Club warranty covers it all from the garage to the kitchen, bedroom, dining, garden, basketball court and laundry compare to others. To say how reliable, convenient, professional, customer friendly and satisfying they are is an understatement. I trust them and from personal experience I will gladly and confidently recommend Home Service Club to anyone without doubt.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I live in Seattle where it is usually not too cold but every so often we get a cold spell. I purchased one of the cheaper plans from this company to insure us against our heat going out. We have an older home with an ancient furnace that runs, but we are not ready to invest in another one. Anyway, last Winter we had our first time to actually call this company. We were surprised that we got same day service, which was great. I don't know how they do it because when it gets cold up here in the PNW, it is hard to find anyone responsive. But HSC was able to get an HVAC repair tech to our house and get the problem fixed. We are very satisfied. If you want peace of mind for your home repairs, this is a good choice. Pricing is reasonable and when you need them in an emergency like we had, they came through. Makes it worth every penny we spend with them!

Samantha Banks

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: June 20, 2019

HSC said they were processing the claim and has yet to pay or have any answers 3 months later... SCAM!! Please save yourself time and money and do not proceed to do business with HSC.

Original review: June 20, 2019

During the first load of laundry from the kids visit home the washer was leaking. Great, not what I needed. I called The Home Service Club and the technician found the problem to be a bad tub seal. He explained that replacing the washer was the better way to go. Before the day was out, with a new washer running, most of the laundry was done.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We do chores at home and sometimes I get to do the laundry. On the day I was supposed to do the laundry, the washing machine and dryer went bad. Just the perfect timing. So I filed a claim online. They sent a tech guy the next day and he fixed it well. I must say, a home warranty is really important since you'll never know when a breakdown of an appliance might happen.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We had a leaking problem. We had visitors on the same day it happened. So I was very worried. Tried fixing it, but was not successful. So I filed immediately a claim to the home service club. We wanted service guys to be sent on the same day but I already called late in the afternoon. But early the next day, a fellow came and fixed the leaking in just an hour. Very satisfied.

Original review: June 19, 2019

For a busy person like me, a home warranty is a must. My garage door was not working well and I tried fixing it. Did not succeed so I filed a claim to the HSC. The reps were lovely as usual. And the guy they sent was very pleasant as well. He fixed the door in a few minutes.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Such cool and pleasant personalities from their representatives. Makes my head a lot cooler and worry-free since I always call them for a claim due to my failing appliances or home systems. They even send contractors who are amazing and great. Really satisfied with their service so far.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Our ceiling fan was not running. Even though I turned it on, flipped the switch, on and off. Nothing. So I called The Home Service Club, they sent a tech guy, didn't really know what he did but he fixed it and had it running in no time.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Even though I was covered with a warranty with The Home Service Club, I was hoping the refrigerator could be fixed. It was a motor problem and it was repaired the next morning after the tech got the part. I'm glad I had the coverage.

Original review: June 19, 2019

The compressor of our air conditioner unit sounded off. We had to file a claim to had it checked/repaired. Good thing we did it since the tech guy said there was really an issue in our AC unit. If it was not prevented, it could have persisted and led to a major problem. Thanks so much HSC.

Dear Zachariah,

We are pleased to have served you. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We had a leak in one of the pipes downstairs so I had to file a claim to the Home Service Club. Really competent people from the reps to the contractors. Had my leaky pipe fixed. Thanks so much for this home warranty. Was definitely a good buy.

Dear Ash,

Original review: June 19, 2019

The vent of my air conditioner unit was not working properly. Moreover, it was not following the proper temperature as shown in the remote. Filed a claim online to HSC and voila! They had a contractor sent the next day to fix our unit. I really like the prompt service.

Dear Ambrose,

Original review: June 19, 2019

Dryer was not able to dry our clothes as good as before. We had to do it twice per batch. Such hassle and cost us double. Good thing HSC was there. Filed a claim, tech guy came in just one day of calling. Very prompt service. Fixed it right away.

Dear Padriac,

Original review: June 16, 2019

My neighbor recommended HSC to me and I did sign up for a warranty. When my AC just died one afternoon, I called them for service since it was covered under my warranty. Bottomline, it was too old to repair anymore, so they replaced it. They worked that out with the contractor and I paid my deductible. Very nice work.

Dear Daisha,

Original review: June 16, 2019

I would definitely recommend The Home Service Club and their home warranties. In the past few years they've helped us with the dishwasher and replaced the refrigerator. Thanks to the staff and techs here, we've never had a problem if and when we have a claim.

Dear Adedamola,

Original review: June 16, 2019

One chilly morning the furnace was making a strange noise I'd never heard before. Knowing I had a warranty plan, I put in a claim to The Home Service Club. Thankfully it was only a belt problem and that was fixed by a friendly and knowledgeable tech.

Dear Shibli,

Original review: June 14, 2019

I have been looking at purchasing a LV backpack and just could not see myself willing to spending that kind of money for one. The AAA handbags I found and ordered the exact same backpack and a fraction of the cost. You cannot look at this bag and tell it is not an original LV.

Dear Franklin,

Original review: June 14, 2019

It was really muggy in the house, so I turned on the attic fan. I didn't hear it running, so I flipped the switch again, nothing. A phone call to verify warranty and a tech was sent. I have no idea what he did, but he had that fan running again in a relatively short time.

Dear Samantha,

We're happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to supply outstanding support to you. Please reach us out for all of your home warranty requirements.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Signed up for auto payments. They took the money, but eight months later when I needed service, they did not provide ANY service. When I tried to disconnect my auto pay, they locked me out of my account. No contact info other than a phone that goes unanswered. TOTAL SCAM.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Really relieved when the contractors they sent fixed my bathtub. It was just a mess when I came home one day. Thankfully, the reps sent amazing guys to fix it. They know how to solve the issue so well.

Dear Hamlen,

Original review: June 14, 2019

Doorbell in our house had a muffled sound. Sometimes, it would not even buzz at all. So I filed a claim to the HSC. The tech guy checked it out and in just 15 minutes, problem solved! I was in awe. Thanks!

Dear Sheffle,

Original review: June 14, 2019

When I came home from work one day, the basement floor was covered in water. I guess there was a leak of some sort. Filed a claim through a phone call. Was very fast and easy. The reps helped me a lot. The repair guy came in a few minutes earlier. Really appreciated it. Fixed the leaking. Thanks so much!

Dear Keith,

Original review: June 14, 2019

Microwave oven wouldn't completely close and was not heating well. Called The Home Service Club and submitted a claim since we use this unit almost everyday. The rep was amazing and a contractor came in less than a day. He fixed the unit well. Today, the microwave unit is functioning well and so far, I have no issues with it.

Dear Josias,

Original review: June 14, 2019

Heating system at home was not functioning well, heat would not reach the upstairs portion of our house. Submitted a claim to HSC and the rep was just very accommodating. She sent a contractor immediately since I was quite distressed. The tech guy was very cool and calm. He knew what he was supposed to do. Fixed it quickly and in less than an hour, had our heating system running at a good condition. Thanks!

Dear Jareb,

Original review: June 14, 2019

My refrigerator was not working well and so I filed a claim with HSC. Very friendly representatives! They sent out a contractor and fixed my fridge immediately. They replaced something, I couldn't really tell what part, but after, it worked perfectly fine. He did an excellent job and was very neat.

Dear Lindsey,

Original review: June 14, 2019

Really happy with their services. Especially since they are also the home warranty for my parents' house. They've helped us a lot. The reps are very polite and nice. They really don't waste your time and gets the job done!

Dear Ingra,

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information