2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

BOTTOM LINE

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

PROS

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

CONS

• High premiums

Top The Home Service Club Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage. It was very reasonable for monthly charges, giving me peace of mind should repairs be needed.

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced that and HSC paid for it. I'm glad he found it because it could have caused a fire.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
      • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
      • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
      • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
      Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
      • Refrigerators
      • Outside gas lines
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Grinder pumps
      Add-on options
      Add-on options include coverage for:
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Pools and spas
      • Water softeners
      • Roofs
      • Jetted bathtubs
      • Free-standing freezers
      • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
      Standard Coverage$551
      Comprehensive Coverage$731
      Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
      • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
      • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
      • Additional microwaves: $47.40
      • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
      The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
      Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
      No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
      Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
      No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
      Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
      Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2020

Little did I know that signing up with HSC will erase all the moments of panic from my future. I only thought that I was paying for repairs but it ended up that I also paid for my peace of mind! My house is my baby and I want my baby to be protecting. Last week, the washer and dryer were hurting and not working properly. Hesitated because I didn't know if it would be covered but after the repairman diagnosed it, he said it's all covered in my plan.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have no regrets because I made this decision fully informed. This was only achieved because I was assisted by HSC, they were really patient and let me decide on my own depending on my situation. They adapt to the situation so whenever I throw a problem at them, they cover it! The real deal, HSC. I had some ductwork done and a doorbell repair as well. Next, I might ask for some security as well.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2020

They have not failed me so far and odds are, they probably won't no matter what! My washing machine was spewing water all over the place when I came back home from a 2-week trip. I just didn't have the mental capacity to deal with that yet so I called up HSC and the repairman even helped me clean up the mess. All part of the job he said!

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I had one bad experience with Home Service Club when the guy who came to my house had a water heater on his truck, but couldn't put it in because HSC had to order all the parts. So, it was like a four-day wait period which was annoying because I was out of hot water that long. Other than that, the rest of them did pretty well. Their reps have all been great. Their technicians got here on time and tried to make sure when they left that it was up and operating.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I've had my warranty for almost a year and have never defaulted on my deductible. A week ago my furnace broke and I called to file a claim. I was a bit pessimistic considering stories I’ve heard about warranty companies but they eased my fears. They sent a contractor to my home and he knew his onions. It took him an hour to get our furnace working again. Good Work!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I'm very regret to waste money on this home warranty. I tried to request service several times during my warranty period, but all the request took weeks to schedule and and the most angry thing was that even when. the contractor was at my space, they always tried to find reasons to refuse to cover my cost? why I need this warranty, useless at all. I should have done more research before I brought it.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I am wondering if The Home Service Club does provide any warranty service at all. We were enrolled with their service for more than year and a half when we for the first time had to make a call for a Warranty service for something inexpensive as a garbage disposal. They did not provide a service, kept delaying, charged us additional $75 for service call and never despatched a repairman. This was totally ripoff /robbery. We called them mostly every day for 3 weeks and asked for the status, reiterated our issue and with no progress and they keep telling us they were working on it internally. At one point they told us they handed over to Lowe’s for repair but did not give us work order number for Lowe’s to trace. We called the Lowe’s to find out and they were more helpful trying to track a work order on their system but never found anything.

We finally had to call a repairman at our own expense to fix it after the 3 weeks because the garbage disposal was causing leaks and that was causing other damages under the cabinet. It was terrible experience for us, they took the premium and service fee never to provide any service which really makes me think if they are really in business to provide warranty service or simply collect premium until customer makes a service call.

Totally regret enrolling with them. We have complained to BBB and asked for reimbursement for service fee to the minimum. Do not enroll with them. Totally disgusted with their service. If they are not fixing something cheap as a garbage disposal, don’t think they will get to anything expensive as AC unit or other appliances which is normally why homeowners hope they fix. Reading some of the positive reviews here makes me question their authenticity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your services.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I signed up with Home Service Club for a warranty on my Home Appliances. I submitted a claim for a broken Microwave oven and from the start received the run-around. First they said because of the age of the equipment (2013) they wanted ME to purchase a new microwave and they would spot me the $75.00 service fee...really? I said, "No I wanted my oven repaired, that's why I purchase a warranty..." A tech was sent out after two more weeks. I paid the $75.00 service fee and he found a damaged part. He called for repair authorization...and that took another week and a half..

Now I get a call from the warranty company that they consider the problem a maintenance issue and no repair is covered...so I have been strung along for nearly a month..paid the warranty fees ..the service fee and my microwave is still out of service. I immediately demanded cancellation of my warranty..but lo and behold..they don't have a direct line for cancellations...it will have to be submitted... I have worked with American Home Shield before and they took care of items quickly and ..yes they were slightly higher but I guess that is the difference...they fix stuff. This was only what I consider a small repair...and I am totally dissatisfied and will not work with this company again and strongly recommend that if you are looking for a home warranty look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Old AC unit has been repaired 3 times in past 4 yrs. Compressor has finally gone out and will have to replace AC and furnace due to age (30 yrs old). Technician reported to HSC that this was normal wear and tear, but they say the pictures tech sent them shows rust on outside unit. Every time it has been worked on and parts replaced not one tech reported rust or told us this was a problem. They just replaced part that wore out and said everything else was ok.

Their contract states they will pay $2,000 on AC or furnace if can’t be fixed, but all they have offered to do is put in $7000 2 1/2 ton 13 Seer Lenox and discount it $1000. The tech told us we need 3 ton 14 Seer which would cost another $1000. The tech (from Captain Air, Canton, Tx) gave us a bid for Goodman 3 ton 14 Seer for $6300 which includes 10 yr warranty on parts & service. I have talked to 2 different supervisors at HSC and was told they can’t mail me check for $1000 so I can buy the Goodman unit because I don’t have a tax ID#. Captain Air has offered to give HSC their tax ID# and make out check to us and them to be used toward new system. Now I can’t get head supervisor (Lori) to return my phone calls or her mailbox is full when I call. I was told there is no one else I can talk to. Their # is 18006011009. Would appreciate any advice you can offer!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I simply have no words about the great job that I received from this company. The outside sewer line that broke three days ago is now fully repaired. Great job Home Service Club. No wonder you have a such a good reputation.

The Home Service Club Company Information