Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
  2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.49/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I had one technician about 2 weeks ago when our heater went out; I had no heat. I filed for claim online. I got a call from the people that had the contract. They told me that I would hear from his contractor that was gonna come out and service the equipment. We arranged the date for them to come out and work on the heater. It took two or three days because it’s on a weekend and I did not request it to be an emergency because I was the only one here and I really didn’t care if the heater was on or not that much. They came out and the fellow fixed the heater within a matter of an hour or so, and I’ve had no trouble with it. Overall, you know what your expense is going to be up front, and everything gets done the way they advertise it. That’s all I can ask for.

The Home Service Club response

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’ve used them for 2 years and filing a claim has always been easy. Recently, the coil in my main furnace unit broke, and had to be replaced. I filed a claim online and was expecting to hear from their plumber ASAP but No I didn’t. 2 days later I called them and was able to talk to their rep who confirmed my claim was filed and that they will send a contractor over. It took another 2 days before I heard from their contractor. He came over the following day, had a look and promised to return soon as the part is ordered. He came back a week later when the part arrived and he fixed it within an hour. It felt good to see my A/C running again :). Overall, the job was completed within 2 weeks from my initial call. My only issue was that they didn’t assign a contractor quick enough else the work would have been done within fewer days.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Home Service Club came to save us from our flooding kitchen sink. Last week, our kitchen sink got clogged and water started to come up from the drain, leaking to the floor through our dishwasher. Thankfully, our warranty was still active. We called Home Service Club to file a claim but we never got hold of them for several hours. We finally got them in the evening and they assured us a plumber will be out the following day. The Plumber called us same evening and helped us first stop the water coming up from the drain--by telling us it was due to our upstairs neighbors using the water, which we were then quick to tell them to stop. He came the following morning and sucked up the standing water in the sink and drain, and then used a snake to clear the clog. It was a huge relief to have a working drain again. He was professional, friendly, and exceedingly efficient.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Late on a Tuesday night I came home to find that my water heater had sprung a leak into the drip pan in my attic and it was not producing hot water because the water covered the pilot light. I turned off the gas to the water heater that night to stop a potential gas leak. First thing Wednesday morning I called Home Service Club, the representative was very friendly but she said they didn’t have any openings till the next day. She said she would put the call on standby and if an appointment opened up a technician would be out that same day.

After hanging up she called right back and said they could get me on between 2-6. The technician called before arriving at about 4 o clock. He assessed the water heater and said it needed to be replaced, which was covered under my warranty. I only needed to pay the $95 deductible, then two technicians would come back the next day, Thursday, to install the new water heater. This was my first service call to HSC. So far so good. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been with home service club for 3 years. For now I have no complaints about them. They have taken care of everything I have called them about within few days. I had a problem with my microwave; it was approximately 9 years old, The tech determined it could not be repaired so they replaced it. It just cost me the $95 deductible.

Just recently I had an air conditioning issue. Now, they sent someone right away, unfortunately the noise was not taken care of, but the AC was still working (that wasn’t the issue.). Within a few days the line froze up into a block of ice on, I called and they couldn’t get someone until Wednesday as this was on Friday, which was understandable but I wasn’t really happy because it was over 90 degrees but what can you do? Unfortunately they sent the same repairman out, he didn’t really seem to know what to do and, again, didn’t fix anything but I felt made it worse or had no solutions.

After a week of problems I called again and said I didn’t want the same person and they sent someone else who immediately knew what the issue was and it was taken care of within 30 minutes. I am very happy with the outcome and learned a lot from the second tech on what to do and not do in certain situations. Sometimes you just get someone who isn’t up to snuff but that’s not anyone’s fault, they slip through the cracks everywhere.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I filed a claim with Home Service Club just before the Christmas holiday when our microwave stopped working. The microwave was quickly diagnosed and was approved for replacement, it took several weeks for it to be ordered, received and installed. It would be great if the service was faster.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I called Home Service Club because the dishwasher would not run and our previous tenant told us it was not draining properly. When we came back to the house, the dishwasher would not run. Home Service Club sent a plumber 2 days after I called and he determined that the sump, heater element, and drain pump were all broken and needed to be replaced. We had originally asked that the dishwasher be replaced since so many parts had to be replaced - but Home Service Club refused and said they have to replace the parts and see if it worked first. The plumber returned and was fantastic - he had all the parts replaced and the dishwasher is running like a new one. The $95 deductible was all it cost me to get my dishwater running again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Our furnace wasn't working properly and it was a very cold day thus it was cold in the house. I was able to schedule service online and the technician came the next day. He diagnosed the problem and fixed it the same day. I wouldn’t be freezing again because our Furnace is working gain. I'm very pleased with the service I received.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My only claim with them so far has been for my heating system. The reps have been very responsive. They had somebody call me back within a day or two to set up an appointment, and then the contractor came over. He figured out a sensor went bad and he replaced it. It was fixed on the spot, which was pretty good. The contractor that I got were excellent, I commend them for the quality of service.

The Home Service Club response
        We are pleased to have served you. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.
        Hugh Morgan

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

There was a misunderstanding when I called about my dryer that had stopped working. It was a bit of going back and forth with no resolution. I was then referred to a supervisor. He turned the situation around in a timely and positive manner. His course of action has helped to restore my confidence in your company. I was thinking of cancelling my policy because this was not the first time I have had problems with a call out. One of the major problems is the time that it takes to get through to the relevant department. I am just left holding on for long periods of time.

Hugh Morgan

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two-minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information