4.31/5

Save on Repairs with a Home Warranty

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

248 The Home Service Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

A plan with Home Service Club makes for a “no hassle” situation when you need a repair. All I have to do is go online or make a call to get a reputable service tech to make a repair on any of my covered household items. It’s very convenient.

Dear Nina,

We are pleased to have served you. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Original review: April 18, 2019

The garbage disposal in my sink would not operate. When I turned it on it smelled like something burning. I remembered I had coverage with Home Service Club, so I called them. It ended up I needed a new garbage disposal. I only had to pay a small deductible to have a new one installed.

Dear Shannon,

Hugh Morgan

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I’ve tried a few different home warranty companies over the last few years. The one that served me the best was Home Service Club. The customer service people are easy to work with. The service techs are professional, prompt and courteous. They also have plans that suit different needs at a very affordable price.

Dear Janyce,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our service. The Home Service Club aims to provide you with the highest level of service. Please reach out to us with any of your home warranty needs.

Anna Zelig

Original review: April 11, 2019

The first time I used our HSC coverage is when the oven quit working. I had little faith that it was going to be repaired in a timely manner. I called the customer service number and they assured me that someone would be available that day. I was pleasantly surprised that a tech was at my door within a few hours. The repair was made and I was able to get dinner made.

Dear Kara,

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

Original review: April 11, 2019

We have taken out HSC warranty on our house after a previous really bad experience with another provider. I do not like to complain about service but when it's not provided it's reasonable to say something. We put a claim in for our Aircon, the diagnosis was done 48 hours ago, both myself and the service provider are both chasing HSC and they just don't seem to respond. They gave me an excuse they were awaiting a reply from the service provider when I had only just got off the phone from the provider and she confirmed that they had advised HSC by phone and email and left messages but no response. I phoned HSC and basically the lady on the phone had a tone of no urgency at all. Still awaiting a firm yes or no as to whether they will authorize the repair after 48 hours since the diagnosis. Poor response... Poor communication... Poor service. I await their response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: April 9, 2019

I love having the Home Service Club coverage. It gives me peace of mind that my budget won’t be negatively affected. It actually saved me quite a bit of money more than a couple of times when I had problems with my appliances.

Dear Christina,

We're happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to supply outstanding support to you. Please reach us out for all of your home warranty requirements.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Water started leaking from one of the valves of my water softener. I called and filed a claim with the Home Service Club. A contractor came out and did a great job fixing the leak with parts he already had in his truck. That was a LOT faster than I thought it would have been!

Dear Joe,

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: April 7, 2019

The first time I made a call for repair to The Home Service Club, I was reassured that I made a good decision by investing in a warranty plan with them. The customer service people were very attentive and made sure to follow up on the repair to make sure I was happy with the service.

Dear Shelly,

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had a bad experience with a service warranty company in a previous home. When I purchased a new condo, it came with a Home Service Club warranty. I was very skeptical. I was using my oven and it wasn’t heating properly. They came out very soon after my call to HSC. I was pleasantly surprised.

Dear Chee,

Original review: April 5, 2019

I’m thrilled to have Home Service Club for my home. I have the worst luck with appliances and then there is always the problem of locating a repairman. With HSC those issues don’t exist. All it takes is one phone call to get a broken appliance fixed.

Dear Reba,

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have never had a home warranty service before. I was not very familiar with them. The home we just bought came with a service plan from Home Service Club. The dishwasher was not cleaning properly so I decided to call HSC. I was sure they would tell me it wasn’t covered. To my surprise the agent was very helpful and set up a time to send someone out to repair it.

Dear Maria,

Original review: April 4, 2019

The first home we bought was older. Some of the appliances that came with the house were also old. The most concerning of those was the outside air conditioning unit. I called a few home warranty companies and chose Home Service Club. I’m glad we got coverage. That AC unit broke down just two months later. It was repaired with very little expense to us.

Dear Danielle,

Original review: April 4, 2019

The Home Service Club has been very beneficial for me. I am a very busy person and know how to fix most things, but usually don’t have the time. With HSC, I know that they will be here when they say they will and send qualified technicians to fix what is not working.

Dear Jena,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear that our Representatives and our technicians were able to provide you with outstanding service. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I really wish my mom would move into the guest house of our home, but she prefers her independence. To ease my mind I purchased a plan from Home Service Club to help with any problems that arise with her appliances. There were several plans to choose from so I bought the most comprehensive one. I’m glad to know that she’ll have qualified help when she needs it.

Dear Sandra,

Peter Miles

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have had a plan with HSC for about four years now. There were times that I didn’t need the coverage, but then there were times when the plan I got more than paid for itself. It’s all about peace of mind for me.

Dear Kenneth,

Peter Miles

Original review: April 2, 2019

HSC really came through for me this winter. Our heater went kaput and we needed to call for help. Since I have a warranty with them, they set up an appointment for a local service person to come check it out. They cleaned the heater and replaced the pilot light and now it works fine. Thank you.

Dear Brittany,

Peter Miles

Original review: April 1, 2019

We bought an older home last summer and got a warranty from Home Service Club at the time too. When our oven decided to stop heating one weekend, I had to call for service. They had a local contractor come over and he did a nice job. He had to replace the pilot light and now it works just fine.

Dear Jill,

Peter Miles

Original review: March 26, 2019

When my air conditioner was not cooling this summer, I called them to get some service. Because I had their warranty, they sent someone out the next morning. A very nice young man came over and after he refilled the freon, it was cooling fine again. Thank goodness!

Dear Kristen,

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: March 21, 2019

When my hot water heater went out, I was more concerned than usual because I had guests over. I have a home warranty with the Home Service Club and this was the first time I needed to use it! The call to claims was very easy and I was assured that a plumber would be at my home the next morning. And they kept their promise! The gentlemen that they sent managed to get it working again just in time for lunch!

Dear Jenny,

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: March 20, 2019

My stove had stopped working. Fortunately I had purchased a warranty with the Home Service Club so I gave them a call. A repair tech came out to see what was going on with the stove. There was a problem with the wring, which he was able to fix right there on the spot.

Dear David,

Original review: March 13, 2019

This company is a joke! If I could have given it 0 stars, I would. I purchased this home warranty as my neighbors in our newly built neighborhood began to experience issues with their appliances. I bought it and then found that my microwave went out. The service member contracted to come out and look at our microwave was very rude and unprofessional. The service took ten days even to get back to me, and if I had not called and pushed them to get someone out here, it would have never happened. This service is a joke. They came back and said my situation was pre-existing. My home is brand new and the appliance is just 1 year old. Do not waste your money or your time!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Home Service Club has won so many different awards for their service and I can see why. Out of all the companies around who offer this service, HSC has some of the best reviews and that is why we chose them. We've been customers for several years and when our furnace stopped working recently, we got on the phone immediately. Claire in customer service was friendly, suggested a couple of things that did not fix the problem and then told us she would schedule a technician to come out. We arranged for that and were happy to have a professional tech come fix our heating system. So, we only have this 1 call to them, but it went very well.

Dear Neepak,

Anna Zelig

Original review: March 6, 2019

I had to give a star but they don't even deserve that. Do not go with this company. Below I put what contract covers. Washer broke and they won't replace. They said it lost value due to it being old. I found a $400 washer, as you see I can go higher and they won't pay. Their so-called supervisors do not help. They offered to apply $200 to my contract (yet they still charged my credit card). Bottom line is this is third time I called them for something and all three not covered they claim. They are a scam and nothing is covered. My next step is lawsuit. If anyone wants in email me.

22. Clothes Washer: (Standard Coverage) COVERED: You're covered for the repair or replacement of components and parts that malfunction due to normal wear and tear, except: NOT COVERED: Plastic mini-tubs; soap dispensers; filter screens; noise; knobs and dials; odors; damage to clothing; latch assemblies; warping; drawers; touchpads. LIMITS: HSC will pay up to $800 per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair, or replacement of the clothes washer and clothes dryer combined.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Signing up for a home warranty with the Home Service Club was the best thing I ever did. My air conditioner went out on a hot summer day and they dispatched a repairman out to fix it that evening. Super fast service with no hassles.

Dear Lacey,

Hugh Morgan

Original review: March 2, 2019

I’m really happy that we have the services of the Home Service Club. My tenants at the rental property we own complained that there was no hot water. I went and looked at it myself at first and sure enough, the boiler was not working. I placed the call and they went ahead to dispatch a tech. The pilot light was broken and the man was able to replace it.

Dear Tabitha,

We appreciate the 5-star review and we are pleased to have serviced your home. The Home Service Club strives to continue to provide you with high-level service. Please feel free to contact us with anything you may need.

Candace Berg

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have been a loyal customer with HSC since 2015 and never used their service. My washing machine was broken and the company sent a serviceman to my house but he did not do anything or say anything nor did I sign anything. After calling HSC for 2 weeks, I could not get an answer of the status of my claim. I finally called back on Last week and Was told that they will give me 181 dollars to buy a new 700 dollar washing machine. After paying for the new washer HSC did not send me my money but choose to apply it as credit. This also include paying 125 dollar fee without any service to repair the washer.

I have paid over 2000 dollar of monthly installments. I don’t understand how a company is still in business. I have asked to speak to customer relations department and they have the shift supervisor call me back. HSC recently changed their policy to where the customer pays to replace broken appliances. I don’t understand how they can practice this type of operation without facing legal action. I wonder what happens if a family can't pay for the appliances?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I happened to click on an ad for the Home Service Club. I already had a plan with one of those home warranty outfits but I was curious what the pricing would be on the club’s plan. Soon I was contacted by a very well-spoken gentleman named Anthony who detailed their policies. I was sold when I realized that I could save half of the money with far more coverage when compared to the other place.

Dear Maurice,

Peter Wagner

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I'm very thankful to be a Home Service Club Policy Holder because my AC broke down. That same day I called and they came on that day to fix my AC. The next day they called me back to make sure everything was okay. I couldn't have chosen a better company.

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. At the Home Service Club, we strive to offer our consumers the best home warranty service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The policy I have with The Home Service Club has helped me out a lot. I have everything in my home protected. The way they treat me is great. They listen to my concerns and provide a detailed answer. When my washing machine broke down, they arranged for a service tech to come over and fix it.

Dear Nicolette,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My dishwasher is usually quiet, making a soft humming. One evening, there was a loud clanky noise and the door was not closing the right way. I placed the claim with the Home Service Club and they sent over a repair guy. I am so grateful that it was a simple fix!

Dear Cristine,

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
    Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information