2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.24/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

BOTTOM LINE

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

PROS

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

CONS

• High premiums

Top The Home Service Club Reviews We Found

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage. It was very reasonable for monthly charges, giving me peace of mind should repairs be needed.

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced that and HSC paid for it. I'm glad he found it because it could have caused a fire.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
      • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
      • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
      • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
      Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
      • Refrigerators
      • Outside gas lines
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Grinder pumps
      Add-on options
      Add-on options include coverage for:
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Pools and spas
      • Water softeners
      • Roofs
      • Jetted bathtubs
      • Free-standing freezers
      • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
      Standard Coverage$551
      Comprehensive Coverage$731
      Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
      • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
      • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
      • Additional microwaves: $47.40
      • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
      The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
      Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
      No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
      Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
      No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
      Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
      Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I had one technician about 2 weeks ago when our heater went out; I had no heat. I filed for claim online. I got a call from the people that had the contract. They told me that I would hear from his contractor that was gonna come out and service the equipment. We arranged the date for them to come out and work on the heater. It took two or three days because it’s on a weekend and I did not request it to be an emergency because I was the only one here and I really didn’t care if the heater was on or not that much. They came out and the fellow fixed the heater within a matter of an hour or so, and I’ve had no trouble with it. Overall, you know what your expense is going to be up front, and everything gets done the way they advertise it. That’s all I can ask for.

The Home Service Club response

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’ve used them for 2 years and filing a claim has always been easy. Recently, the coil in my main furnace unit broke, and had to be replaced. I filed a claim online and was expecting to hear from their plumber ASAP but No I didn’t. 2 days later I called them and was able to talk to their rep who confirmed my claim was filed and that they will send a contractor over. It took another 2 days before I heard from their contractor. He came over the following day, had a look and promised to return soon as the part is ordered. He came back a week later when the part arrived and he fixed it within an hour. It felt good to see my A/C running again :). Overall, the job was completed within 2 weeks from my initial call. My only issue was that they didn’t assign a contractor quick enough else the work would have been done within fewer days.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Home Service Club came to save us from our flooding kitchen sink. Last week, our kitchen sink got clogged and water started to come up from the drain, leaking to the floor through our dishwasher. Thankfully, our warranty was still active. We called Home Service Club to file a claim but we never got hold of them for several hours. We finally got them in the evening and they assured us a plumber will be out the following day. The Plumber called us same evening and helped us first stop the water coming up from the drain--by telling us it was due to our upstairs neighbors using the water, which we were then quick to tell them to stop. He came the following morning and sucked up the standing water in the sink and drain, and then used a snake to clear the clog. It was a huge relief to have a working drain again. He was professional, friendly, and exceedingly efficient.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Late on a Tuesday night I came home to find that my water heater had sprung a leak into the drip pan in my attic and it was not producing hot water because the water covered the pilot light. I turned off the gas to the water heater that night to stop a potential gas leak. First thing Wednesday morning I called Home Service Club, the representative was very friendly but she said they didn’t have any openings till the next day. She said she would put the call on standby and if an appointment opened up a technician would be out that same day.

After hanging up she called right back and said they could get me on between 2-6. The technician called before arriving at about 4 o clock. He assessed the water heater and said it needed to be replaced, which was covered under my warranty. I only needed to pay the $95 deductible, then two technicians would come back the next day, Thursday, to install the new water heater. This was my first service call to HSC. So far so good. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been with home service club for 3 years. For now I have no complaints about them. They have taken care of everything I have called them about within few days. I had a problem with my microwave; it was approximately 9 years old, The tech determined it could not be repaired so they replaced it. It just cost me the $95 deductible.

Just recently I had an air conditioning issue. Now, they sent someone right away, unfortunately the noise was not taken care of, but the AC was still working (that wasn’t the issue.). Within a few days the line froze up into a block of ice on, I called and they couldn’t get someone until Wednesday as this was on Friday, which was understandable but I wasn’t really happy because it was over 90 degrees but what can you do? Unfortunately they sent the same repairman out, he didn’t really seem to know what to do and, again, didn’t fix anything but I felt made it worse or had no solutions.

After a week of problems I called again and said I didn’t want the same person and they sent someone else who immediately knew what the issue was and it was taken care of within 30 minutes. I am very happy with the outcome and learned a lot from the second tech on what to do and not do in certain situations. Sometimes you just get someone who isn’t up to snuff but that’s not anyone’s fault, they slip through the cracks everywhere.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: May 28, 2020

I noticed a lot of red stains on my furniture. It turns out it was from clover mites in my house. I filed a claim and was taken care of by the pest control specialist after less than 24 hours. The pest control specialist was polite and looked like he's been in the business for a long time. Outstanding service!

The Home Service Club response

We're happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to supply outstanding support to you. Please reach us out for all of your home warranty requirements.

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: May 28, 2020

The process clearly and smoothly explained. The customer service representatives I spoke with were nice and thoughtful. I received reimbursement payment promptly and HSC covered a generous portion of our replacement water heater. It was an overall great experience and I would recommend this company for a home warranty.

Nancy Hamilton

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: May 27, 2020

Having horrible experience. It is a month since we opened a service request for fan repair and there is no progress. I have called customer service multiple times and there is no help. Each time, the standard answer is, "We will follow up and get back to you." You do not have any option to speak to supervisor; seems there is no one to escalate your concerns. After multiple calls, they assigned a technician for repair but even that person is not reachable.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Home Service Club always exceeds my unreasonably high standards every time I need a repair. The company is amazing and 5 stars to all their employees. My water softener was repaired two days ago by this lovely contractor that went by Billy. He was very efficient and he was very polite to my daughter.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: May 16, 2020

We purchased a warranty from this company and have been nothing short of disappointed. In fact, I have filed claims with the Better Business Bureau and NY Attorney Generals Office because they should not be allowed to scam anyone further. Our first claim was never addressed as they claimed they were emailing us information that needed to be completed but we never got any of the emails. We finally gave up in frustration.

Knowing we were going into battle for the second claim, we began documenting every conversation with them. They sent a tech to diagnose our air conditioner (after we had already had our normal servicer look at it) and the tech agreed that the condensing coil needed to be replaced due to leaks caused from vibration or normal wear and tear. HSC claims this is “physical damage” rather than wear and tear so would not reimburse us.

When pressed to explain how these things differed, Sofia, the supervisor, told us she had zero technical knowledge and could not explain the difference. When asked to speak to someone who could, she refused. She just kept reading the same thing to us over and over and could not answer any of our questions. Do not buy anything from this company. The time and effort you will spend following up with them and arguing with them to get anything done is not worth it. Their contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on. Total scam.

The Home Service Club Company Information