Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About The Home Service Club

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

Cons

• High premiums

Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

Top The Home Service Club Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage....

Verified

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced t...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
    • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
    • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
    • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
    Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
    • Refrigerators
    • Outside gas lines
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Grinder pumps
    Add-on options
    Add-on options include coverage for:
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Pools and spas
    • Water softeners
    • Roofs
    • Jetted bathtubs
    • Free-standing freezers
    • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
    Standard Coverage$551
    Comprehensive Coverage$731
    Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
    • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
    • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
    • Additional microwaves: $47.40
    • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
    The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
    Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
    No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
    Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
    No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
    Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
    Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It appears they do promise more than what has been delivered, UGH! I am not sure the technicians are qualified except for making sure they receive service fees. Then you wait for your claim, the email that seems to be lost in cyberspace, after multiple calls you finally receive it, but it doesn't make much sense, then you have to go round and round to understand why they have denied paying for something the contract clearly states, but they find some loop hole that their technician wrote that's not true. Then you go round and round again.... Still waiting for (2) Claims to be taken care of 6 weeks later. But it is difficult to talk with the Claims person who is always on the phone and unfortunately I too am working and miss their call. I hope to be able to change this review soon!

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out to be of assistance.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The Home Service Club is a supposedly Home Warranty Company. Unfortunately when a claim is reported, they will invent false claims in order not to reimburse you for your failing appliance. Even with a detailed report from a Repair Technician that suggests the unit is not repairable and needs to be replace. This company operates fraudulently in changing wording to deny most claims and leaves the client replacing out of pocket themselves. DO NOT USE OR SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY! WASTE OF MONEY AND YOUR TIME!

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I canceled my policy back in March. The customer service department told me I would have my refund in 90 days. It is now the middle of September and I have been calling every day for the last month requesting to talk to a supervisor to find out why refund has not been processed. Customer service tells me they can not provide me a number for accounting which is who is supposed to process my refund.

I have requested to talk with a manager or supervisor and get told none are available and they will have one call me. I have not been contacted by anyone from the company. I keep calling and calling and get the same answer. It is very frustrating coming from a company that prides themselves on Customer service and even claims they have received awards for best in business for customer service from 2015 to 2020. Don't expect anyone from the company that can actually do anything to call you back when requested. I will continue to call and if nothing will be contacting a lawyer to resolve this issue.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

When I was signing up I told the person that I was unhappy with my current home warranty and I had trouble to find a qualified technician for my Viking refrigerator. He promised that I can choose my Technician and they can only verify that the technician is qualified so I called viking and got the authorized dealer to send the technician. And now the HSC says that they do not support outside technicians so I decided to cancel it and it's been 3 days that they are supposed to call me in order to cancel the policy. Who knows if I get any of my money back.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

About home warranty club HSC company they phone Number (800) 601-1009. STAY AWAY FROM Home Service Club Warranty!!! My experience has been a nightmare. Read any of the reviews (the honest ones, anyway), and you will see precisely how they operate. Their business model is to take the customer’s money, give them nothing but headaches in return. Agents are full of promises never delivered on.

• It’s pretty amusing that the extensions each agent provided were all the same number. If do you call, the mailbox is always full.
      • “We will call you back today.” (Don’t count on it.)

• “We have scheduled a technician to come to your home.”

They actually sent notices to me via email, with the time, date, and phone number of the “technician” scheduled to come to my home. When there was a no-show, I called the number listed on the ‘Claim update,’ and the company HSC listed said they had no scheduled appointment at my home and had never heard of HSC. One company said they don’t ever deal with home warranty companies. The worst part is they did this TWICE in a row. Imagine damaging the reputation of legitimate businesses, the angry phone calls these innocent people/businesses must get, all because HSC is a fraudulent sham.

When you have had enough and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, there is NO WAY to escalate an issue. Agents will tell you that is not possible. I have been hung up on for the asking. After almost three months without a working furnace and no resolution, their answer was: “Find your own service person to fix the issue. But you must call us when they are in your home so we can approve the claim. We reserve the right not to approve the claim.” So, I am to find my own service person to fix the issue, and you may or may not pay the claim? So what exactly am I paying for here? Honestly, this company should be shut down. Look at the number of complaints, and they are all pretty much the same. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had a sewage plumbing issues along with other home issues. Water heater's recommended to be changed also. It takes weeks to get service. It takes many hours on the phone to get anywhere that leads to getting nowhere. They sent me a email I have not received. They say they sent again and again yet I don’t have it. Pertaining to my water heater they can’t talk to me about the water heater replacement till I answer the email I didn’t get. They only said they’re pay 152 for a the plumbing bill that was $447 that I paid. They haven’t paid me back anything yet. They told me to find the plumber because they could not.

I sent them the estimated cost beforehand and called them when technicians arrived as requested only to be stalked and slapped with the hour wait bill on top of the labor hours. Beyond horrible. I had to pay the plumbers the hour that I was in the phone with hsc before they were allowed to start. The lady said, "Bear with me just a few more minutes," 20 times. It’s weeks after still nothing is resolved or paid.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

We just moved to the new house in So California Laguna Niguel. Most appliances 3-5 years old and we decided to buy Home insurance to have protection as promised by company policies. 2 months in policy our washer failed. Insurance sent a technician for valuation for our cost $75. Then they disappear. Multiple calls to Customer support for more than 2 weeks were not answered. We have been told that they are not authorized to provide information and suggested wait for the Email from the claims department. Eventually, after ~2.5 weeks Kim (ext. **) from the Claims call us and told us that Washer is not covered (even in the policy said it is) because it's only 1.5 months into policy. Then I've read reviews on this site. All of them exactly the same. They will do everything and anything to not pay your claim. Stay away from this company. I'm calling my Credit Card to Dispute my membership and cancel insurance policy ASAP...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

After six weeks of begging for a/c service in 100 degree weather. This company did not send me a service representative. I asked multiple times to speak to a supervisor to no avail. I finally had to hire my own a/c contractor and pay out of pocket. I then cancelled my 3 year policy after 8 months. This company owes me $1,056. It has been over a year. I have been dealing with this company, making multiple phone calls and multiple emails. I have yet to receive any response from this company. This level of incompetence is unbelievable.

Resolution response: July 21, 2021

HSC had purchased AXIOM insurance, the one I had issues with. HSC refunded me the money that AXIOM owed me from cancelling my 3-year contract. Although HSC did not go back and change Axiom's decision about refusing to fix my AC, at least they made good on Axiom's promise to refund me the money they owed.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I was given Axiom Home Warranty - which was apparently taken over by HSC - as part of a property purchase. I called them and they sold me on extending the time for the warranty period to 3 years. Told me I wouldn't have to worry about a thing when things go wrong. Paid about $2K for the additional extension. My AC broke down within a couple of months, and I was told that they would not cover it due to the original inspection stating that it may need freon in the future. I seem to get this a lot. So I paid for the AC replacement out of my own pocket $5K+ and asked for a refund on the additional policy I paid for.

That's when the runaround started. Trying to get a hold of someone was ridiculous. I'm sure I was blacklisted and no one answered the phone despite calling over and over. Here are just some of the times I've tried. Each time I actually got a hold of someone, they duly noted that in my customer profile it does state that I was supposed to get the check, but no check ever arrived: This was all in 2019.

– Spoke to Sophia 6/18, Spoke to Taylor Stevens x5076 on 7/1, Emma, x5056 on 8/6/19,. - Spoke to Megan 9/5/19 x 5032, was asked to send her an email with my address. no response. no check. (tried calling: 6/18, 7/25 – 5x, 7/26 – 3x, 8/4, 8/14). - Left message for Emma, 8/19 -2x, 8/30 just from my cell, not counting land line, spoke to Megan 10/22 - will call me back, 10/31) no response. My lawyer offered to send a letter, but why bother? It'll cost me that much for the lawyer fees, and no one will probably get back to me again. Save your money, your sanity, and peace. Avoid them!

Original review: July 8, 2021

The HSC has a BBB service rating of C because their site is a fraud. As of today, I have called them 10 times and have not been able to get to cancelations to get my money back. They denied all requests even though their website said it is covered (gas leak, rust). They are a call center and will not transfer to a person that can actually help. I don't have any way of getting my money back even after requesting it over the phone for a week. You should know to steer clear of this fraudulent company.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

The Home Service Club Company Information