2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

BOTTOM LINE

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

PROS

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

CONS

• High premiums

Top The Home Service Club Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage. It was very reasonable for monthly charges, giving me peace of mind should repairs be needed.

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced that and HSC paid for it. I'm glad he found it because it could have caused a fire.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
      • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
      • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
      • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
      Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
      • Refrigerators
      • Outside gas lines
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Grinder pumps
      Add-on options
      Add-on options include coverage for:
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Pools and spas
      • Water softeners
      • Roofs
      • Jetted bathtubs
      • Free-standing freezers
      • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
      Standard Coverage$551
      Comprehensive Coverage$731
      Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
      • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
      • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
      • Additional microwaves: $47.40
      • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
      The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
      Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
      No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
      Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
      No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
      Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
      Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I called Home Service Club because the dishwasher would not run and our previous tenant told us it was not draining properly. When we came back to the house, the dishwasher would not run. Home Service Club sent a plumber 2 days after I called and he determined that the sump, heater element, and drain pump were all broken and needed to be replaced. We had originally asked that the dishwasher be replaced since so many parts had to be replaced - but Home Service Club refused and said they have to replace the parts and see if it worked first. The plumber returned and was fantastic - he had all the parts replaced and the dishwasher is running like a new one. The $95 deductible was all it cost me to get my dishwater running again.

The Home Service Club response
      We are pleased to have served you. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.
      Hugh Morgan

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I placed a phone call to Home Service Club. They answered the call within 2 minutes. I explained to them that my upstairs master bathroom was without electricity. I was given a claim number and told that a service provider would be contact me. The Electrician called the next day and set-up an appointment for them to come to my house to fix the problem. They came out in the evening to fix the problem. A blown GFSI outlet was replaced with a new one which corrected the problem. I paid the electrician $95.00 for the service call. I have used my warranty Plan twice in 6 months and they have shined both times in customer service and with service providers which have provided timely repairs. It’s Well worth the money spent for having the plan.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Josh Briggs

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

The claims representatives were friendly, they're real people. I recommend Home Service Club to everybody because they're probably one of the best companies that I've ever had to deal with. My ceiling fan needed to be adjust as I installed it pretty low. Had no time to fix it so I had to call in for an assist from HSC. They sent in a nice fellow who was quick to work and respectful to my house. He finished the job in 1 and a half hour and went on his way. The work was done professionally and I have no complaints so far. Keep them up guys!

The Home Service Club response

We're happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to supply outstanding support to you. Please reach us out for all of your home warranty requirements.

Nancy Hamilton

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

There was a miscommunication but I was happy with the results in the end. I had a leaking pipe in my ceiling so I called that Thursday and told Home Service Club basically what my problem was. A company called and promised to come out that day but never showed up and never called again. The next day I called Home Service Club and said, “Hey, I never heard again from the contractor that promised to come out yesterday". So HSC sent someone else out on Friday from a local company and they were great. He saw what was wrong, that the pipe wore out and he told me what to do and then Monday he’d be back. That stopped the damage so I was happy with that. Monday he came back and fixed it. Good Service!

Hugh Morgan

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I had one technician about 2 weeks ago when our heater went out; I had no heat. I filed for claim online. I got a call from the people that had the contract. They told me that I would hear from his contractor that was gonna come out and service the equipment. We arranged the date for them to come out and work on the heater. It took two or three days because it’s on a weekend and I did not request it to be an emergency because I was the only one here and I really didn’t care if the heater was on or not that much. They came out and the fellow fixed the heater within a matter of an hour or so, and I’ve had no trouble with it. Overall, you know what your expense is going to be up front, and everything gets done the way they advertise it. That’s all I can ask for.

The Home Service Club response

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The Home Service Club is a fraudulent company. They do not provide the service that you pay them to do. They will not send technicians to service your appliances and their customer service is the worst in the industry. Please save your time, money and energy and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I do not recommend this company. We signed up with Home Service Club in May 2020 when we purchased a new home. I was told that all appliances were covered and if they could not be fixed they would be replaced with a new unit. Well our refrigerator broke shortly after we moved in. I filed a claim. First problem was it took almost 2 weeks just to get a technician out to see if our refrigerator could be fixed (and that was with numerous calls to Home Service Club asking for status and when we could expect someone).

Technician came out and said he needed to order a part and get the approval for the work from Home Service Club. We waited a couple days to hear back from someone/anyone on the status. Again after calls and asking to speak with a manager. The manager called me back and told me that the refrigerator could not be fixed and the would give me a fraction of the cost for a new unit due to depreciation. We discussed that this was not the service sold to me. (I was told a whole new replacement not a depreciated amount). The manager and I agreed that my contract could be canceled and I would get a full refund. My refund would take about 2-4 weeks to be received.

Well it is now been almost 4 months since we canceled our contract with the Home Service Club and I have still not seen my refund. I have called the manager that I canceled my contract with and all I get is voicemail and no returned calls. I have called the customer service department numerous times and all I get is my refund is being processed and all that they can do is put in a status request. And every time they promise to call me back with and update I never hear back from them.

I have called asking to speak with a manager. And according to the customer service all they can do is put in the request and a manager will call me in 24-72 hours. I have not received 1 call back from a manager. I have asked to speak with someone/anyone over the managers. Again all customer service can do is put in the request. I have asked for direct phone numbers to managers, the accounting department, supervisors, anyone over customer service and nothing. They will not give out this information. Please save your money and do not use this company!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I purchased a 3 year warranty less than a year ago. A couple months later, my washing machine broke. They would not repair or replace it, just give me a 200 credit at Lowe's toward a new one. Two months later, my master bathroom shower starts leaking. Took a week to get someone out, and then another week for them to deny the claim. "Corrosion" is not covered. It seems that nothing is covered. I cancelled on July 20th. They said I would have a check in 4 to 6 weeks. It is Sept 30th and they still have not issued a check. Oh, and my "scheduled" refund, if I ever get it, is less than 2/3rd of what I paid, even though I had the policy for around 6 months and they paid out nothing. The only reason I am cancelling is because they refuse to cover anything. Don't throw your money away!!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Dishwashing was never something I really enjoyed because I associated it with a lot of the things I never enjoyed as a kid. That's why I bought a dishwasher in the first place; to reduce the time I had to spend washing dishes. When it had to be repaired, I thought it was the worst day of my life. Luckily, the down time wasn't that long because HSC treated this situation with urgency. I'm fortunate I didn't have to relive my unresolved childhood trauma.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

My garage door opener was starting to reach the end of its lifespan. It's not really a great time for huge buys, so I'm really happy that Home Service Club covered the cost. It's a huge help for a downtrodden chap like me.

The Home Service Club Company Information