Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About The Home Service Club

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

Cons

• High premiums

Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

Top The Home Service Club Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage....

Verified

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced t...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
    • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
    • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
    • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
    Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
    • Refrigerators
    • Outside gas lines
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Grinder pumps
    Add-on options
    Add-on options include coverage for:
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Pools and spas
    • Water softeners
    • Roofs
    • Jetted bathtubs
    • Free-standing freezers
    • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
    Standard Coverage$551
    Comprehensive Coverage$731
    Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
    • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
    • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
    • Additional microwaves: $47.40
    • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
    The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
    Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
    No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
    Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
    No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
    Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
    Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

The Home Service Club is the WORST home warranty company we've ever worked with. Do not buy a policy with them. I’ve spent several hours calling their company to follow up on service requests and their communication and service is horrible. I’ve had 3 work orders and were wrongly denied coverage on ALL of them which wasted a lot of our time and money. When I disputed the decisions, they gave me the same runaround and refused to cover any repairs. The company could not find a technician to contract with them so I had to find my own on all my claims. They authorized me to find my own tech and said I would be reimbursed the difference I paid for the service call fee (which was always much more than $65 that was the contracted amount I was responsible for per policy) but I never received any reimbursements.

The customer service is terrible. Every time I called I had to talk to a different representative who never followed up with me on any issues and never responded to my emails. So many hours were wasted trying to get answers, and as I read in other reviews on this company, you cannot get in touch with a supervisor, authorization department, or even the department that handles policy cancellation. The only representatives you can communicate with are under trained, entry level, customer service reps who can only reply that they will send an internal message and someone will get back to you (which no one will). I requested to cancel my policy and get a pro rated refund (per the contract) and have still not received any confirmation or reimbursement.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I initiated a claim with HSC in July, 2021 to address a plumbing leak resolved to no avail. The Log Doctor was assigned my claim although they have a "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau and have had 4 claims opened in the past 3 years. Customer Service, King, Allen and other Help Desk staff informed me that I have no "right of refusal" and can't request a more qualified contractor. Why was a plumbing job assigned to a Fireplace Company. Utterly ludicrous. I give this company an "F". Their Help Desk could care less about their customers and our #1 investments (our homes) which we work hard to acquire and maintain. Buyer beware and know what to expect when you choose this company.

The Home Service Club response

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I signed up for the most comprehensive package. When I filed a claim for my hot tub, I was told they couldn't find a service contractor and I would have to advance all the money. If I wanted it fixed, that was my only option. After the diagnosis of the hot tub problem, my claim was denied and refusal to reimburse the $156.80 minus deductible of $65. The denial was for parts that were not part of my hot tub, but of an internal heating home system. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out to be of assistance.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

This company is quick to take your money and extremely delayed to refund what is due. It is impossible to speak to a manager, and they do not seem to value customers, only their money which is concerning. They are not easy to work with, and I am starting to suspect illegal activity given the nature of my current situation with them. I highly recommend not using them.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It appears they do promise more than what has been delivered, UGH! I am not sure the technicians are qualified except for making sure they receive service fees. Then you wait for your claim, the email that seems to be lost in cyberspace, after multiple calls you finally receive it, but it doesn't make much sense, then you have to go round and round to understand why they have denied paying for something the contract clearly states, but they find some loop hole that their technician wrote that's not true. Then you go round and round again.... Still waiting for (2) Claims to be taken care of 6 weeks later. But it is difficult to talk with the Claims person who is always on the phone and unfortunately I too am working and miss their call. I hope to be able to change this review soon!

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The Home Service Club is a supposedly Home Warranty Company. Unfortunately when a claim is reported, they will invent false claims in order not to reimburse you for your failing appliance. Even with a detailed report from a Repair Technician that suggests the unit is not repairable and needs to be replace. This company operates fraudulently in changing wording to deny most claims and leaves the client replacing out of pocket themselves. DO NOT USE OR SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY! WASTE OF MONEY AND YOUR TIME!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I canceled my policy back in March. The customer service department told me I would have my refund in 90 days. It is now the middle of September and I have been calling every day for the last month requesting to talk to a supervisor to find out why refund has not been processed. Customer service tells me they can not provide me a number for accounting which is who is supposed to process my refund.

I have requested to talk with a manager or supervisor and get told none are available and they will have one call me. I have not been contacted by anyone from the company. I keep calling and calling and get the same answer. It is very frustrating coming from a company that prides themselves on Customer service and even claims they have received awards for best in business for customer service from 2015 to 2020. Don't expect anyone from the company that can actually do anything to call you back when requested. I will continue to call and if nothing will be contacting a lawyer to resolve this issue.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

When I was signing up I told the person that I was unhappy with my current home warranty and I had trouble to find a qualified technician for my Viking refrigerator. He promised that I can choose my Technician and they can only verify that the technician is qualified so I called viking and got the authorized dealer to send the technician. And now the HSC says that they do not support outside technicians so I decided to cancel it and it's been 3 days that they are supposed to call me in order to cancel the policy. Who knows if I get any of my money back.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

About home warranty club HSC company they phone Number (800) 601-1009. STAY AWAY FROM Home Service Club Warranty!!! My experience has been a nightmare. Read any of the reviews (the honest ones, anyway), and you will see precisely how they operate. Their business model is to take the customer’s money, give them nothing but headaches in return. Agents are full of promises never delivered on.

• It’s pretty amusing that the extensions each agent provided were all the same number. If do you call, the mailbox is always full.
      • “We will call you back today.” (Don’t count on it.)

• “We have scheduled a technician to come to your home.”

They actually sent notices to me via email, with the time, date, and phone number of the “technician” scheduled to come to my home. When there was a no-show, I called the number listed on the ‘Claim update,’ and the company HSC listed said they had no scheduled appointment at my home and had never heard of HSC. One company said they don’t ever deal with home warranty companies. The worst part is they did this TWICE in a row. Imagine damaging the reputation of legitimate businesses, the angry phone calls these innocent people/businesses must get, all because HSC is a fraudulent sham.

When you have had enough and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, there is NO WAY to escalate an issue. Agents will tell you that is not possible. I have been hung up on for the asking. After almost three months without a working furnace and no resolution, their answer was: “Find your own service person to fix the issue. But you must call us when they are in your home so we can approve the claim. We reserve the right not to approve the claim.” So, I am to find my own service person to fix the issue, and you may or may not pay the claim? So what exactly am I paying for here? Honestly, this company should be shut down. Look at the number of complaints, and they are all pretty much the same. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had a sewage plumbing issues along with other home issues. Water heater's recommended to be changed also. It takes weeks to get service. It takes many hours on the phone to get anywhere that leads to getting nowhere. They sent me a email I have not received. They say they sent again and again yet I don’t have it. Pertaining to my water heater they can’t talk to me about the water heater replacement till I answer the email I didn’t get. They only said they’re pay 152 for a the plumbing bill that was $447 that I paid. They haven’t paid me back anything yet. They told me to find the plumber because they could not.

I sent them the estimated cost beforehand and called them when technicians arrived as requested only to be stalked and slapped with the hour wait bill on top of the labor hours. Beyond horrible. I had to pay the plumbers the hour that I was in the phone with hsc before they were allowed to start. The lady said, "Bear with me just a few more minutes," 20 times. It’s weeks after still nothing is resolved or paid.

The Home Service Club response

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

The Home Service Club Company Information