4.1/5 (724 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About The Home Service Club

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

Cons

• High premiums

Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

Top The Home Service Club Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage....

Verified

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced t...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
    • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
    • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
    • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
    Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
    • Refrigerators
    • Outside gas lines
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Grinder pumps
    Add-on options
    Add-on options include coverage for:
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Pools and spas
    • Water softeners
    • Roofs
    • Jetted bathtubs
    • Free-standing freezers
    • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
    Standard Coverage$551
    Comprehensive Coverage$731
    Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
    • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
    • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
    • Additional microwaves: $47.40
    • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
    The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
    Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
    No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
    Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
    No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
    Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
    Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: June 20, 2022

After spending a good week reviewing multiple home warranty plans with several companies and being lied to, I mentioned to the HSC Warranty sales rep that I was quite concerned with the dishonesty and wasting of my time with these other companies who are quick to make false promises to get a sale. The HSC Warranty sales rep assured me this would not be the case, but it actually was the case. I realized after reading the plan, he blatantly lied to me. I made several attempts to complain to his supervisor and the president of the company. Crickets. This company is operating in an unethical manner and doesn't seem to want to make it right. Buyer beware and read the fine print in the plan.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I filed a claim on my broken dryer. HSC sent a technician out and I paid the $65. The next 2 weeks I was calling back and forth with HSC regarding the next steps. Found out that the tech that HSC sent out was a fraud, took my money and NEVER filed a diagnostic report!! After several attempts to reach the tech HSC offered to send someone else out. *(My family was very upset because we realized that we had a unmoral person that was sent in our house by HSC) Finally 3 weeks later a tech came out (did a great job) BUT the dryer would need to be replaced.

HSC sent me a offer for $325 from Lowe's. They have the specs, the only dryer you can get for $325 is a 2'0, my dryer that is supposed to be replaced with a comparable unit is "7.0, so I rejected the offer and was sent to claims. I got a email stating I would get a email with the case mgr info to contact in 24 hours. It is now the 4th day and I have received nothing! I called HSC and they gave me a number to the case manager line. When I called them they stated there was nothing from HSC in their system and they could not help me.

When I called HSC back the rep advised will have to wait another 72 hours before a case mgr will contact me!! UNACCEPTABLE. At that point I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR. The rep advised that he could not let me speak to a manager and I will just need to wait 3 more business days! He flat out refused to allow me to speak with a manager. It will now be a month that I have been waiting with no resolution and no working dryer for my family!! This has been the worst customer service experience!! Will someone please help.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2022

My Whirlpool stainless steel dishwasher stopped working correctly, called HSC and they sent out their repair man. After paying his $95.00 inspection fee he determined that the washer motor and the venting fan needed replacement. Cost of a new dishwasher would be less than trying to repair it. After repeated calls I was assigned “Sean” as my case manager who I finally spoke to after 3 weeks. He offered me $245.00 of Lowe's gift cards as a settlement. I explained to him that the cheapest decent dishwasher was over $500.00 and I would still be responsible for the delivery and installation to the tune of $210.00. According to the contract section E #15 it states that HSC will pay up to $600.00 for access, diagnosis, repair, or replacement of a covered dishwasher. He was adamant as to his offer and I asked for a supervisor who I spoke to today. She also was adamant with the $245.00 offer.

We went back and forth as she informed me we had spoken for 21 minutes, way passed the allotted 15 minutes allowed(?). I asked her for the $600.00 that is stated in the contract and she vehemently denied that, trying to tell me that I was wrong in expecting them to honor their own contract. I explained to her that over three years I have paid them over $2500.00 to insure my belongings. I asked her why she would not honor the contract and keep a happy customer and she could not care less. I told her I would not accept the $245.00 as a settlement. I asked for her supervisor and was told that she was it. As far as I am concerned, do not do business with this company as they will not perform when needed and will just take your money. I am extremely disappointed and displeased and very angry with the way I was treated. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!

Original review: May 28, 2022

Beware!!! They give all kinds of reassurance, even negotiate a great final price, however they don’t send you the fine print contract until you purchase the agreement. Three months after initially purchasing the warranty I called to fix a toilet leak. 2 plumbers canceled in a span of 4 weeks and I ended up fixing it myself. Then the next month called because I noticed my AC was leaking and my service call was $65. The technician spoke to Home Service Club for authorization without my knowledge to run a diagnostic test, which they authorized and after they found the leak wanted me to pay an additional $180 to something I wasn’t even a part of a conversation. Total cost for a new coil $ 3700 and they are not covering due to rust and erosion. I’m currently appealing it.

They also send tons of emails for advertisement which has no problems getting through but when they decline claims or anything that is time sensitive, it’s in your junk mail or non existent. And don’t get me started on their customer service center, you will only get someone that can help you only when you join, if you have an issue, they are incompetent. Also, if and that’s a big if they do cover a claim the cap is $6000, and it is $2000 per item appliance different from what they initially explained. You will have to stay with the policy until it is paid off. So essentially you are really paying for the repairs yourself. This company is a nightmare. Please, do better than us and find a better company.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Was a customer of this company for 2 years and filed my first claim in December of 2021 for my water heater. The company they sent advised me that my hot water heater needed to be replaced. I was responsible for paying 75.00 fee for them to come and access the issue and 1275.00 and the Home Service Club paid 425.00. It in March of 2022 my hot water heater stopped working and HSC advised me that I had to go through the warranty company for the heater. I called the water heater company and was advised they would send out the part but I had to find someone on my own to install it. A plumber came by who advised me that, I am missing the drip pan, the pole that was used is not up to code, it was not tightly secured into place and they used a dryer vent to connect the heater.

He advised that my home would not pass inspection because of these things. He gave me an estimate of 1265.00 to correct the issues. Home Service Club would not assist me with the matter and told me that I had a 30 day warranty to call with concerns. Since 30 days have passed it would be a new claim in to which I would pay for the majority once again.

In addition to this also in March my refrigerator broke. I filed another claim. A gentleman came to my home for less than 5 minutes and advised he needed to replace the fan. He asked for the 75.00 fee and said he would submit the info to HSC. For 3 weeks I have gotten the run around from them stating that they need more info. Today April 1st 2022 I called and requested for them to cancel my policy. I was hung up on and ignored. It took me over an hour to get my policy cancelled. They outright refused to cancel it and advised me that if I cancel it I would have to pay them the 425.00 they paid for the water heater. I have paid them over 1080.00 since being with them and my only claim costed them 425.00. How dare them. I want them to be responsible for paying to get my water heater installed correctly.

The Home Service Club response

Home Service Club makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

The Home Service Club is the WORST home warranty company we've ever worked with. Do not buy a policy with them. I’ve spent several hours calling their company to follow up on service requests and their communication and service is horrible. I’ve had 3 work orders and were wrongly denied coverage on ALL of them which wasted a lot of our time and money. When I disputed the decisions, they gave me the same runaround and refused to cover any repairs. The company could not find a technician to contract with them so I had to find my own on all my claims. They authorized me to find my own tech and said I would be reimbursed the difference I paid for the service call fee (which was always much more than $65 that was the contracted amount I was responsible for per policy) but I never received any reimbursements.

The customer service is terrible. Every time I called I had to talk to a different representative who never followed up with me on any issues and never responded to my emails. So many hours were wasted trying to get answers, and as I read in other reviews on this company, you cannot get in touch with a supervisor, authorization department, or even the department that handles policy cancellation. The only representatives you can communicate with are under trained, entry level, customer service reps who can only reply that they will send an internal message and someone will get back to you (which no one will). I requested to cancel my policy and get a pro rated refund (per the contract) and have still not received any confirmation or reimbursement.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I initiated a claim with HSC in July, 2021 to address a plumbing leak resolved to no avail. The Log Doctor was assigned my claim although they have a "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau and have had 4 claims opened in the past 3 years. Customer Service, King, Allen and other Help Desk staff informed me that I have no "right of refusal" and can't request a more qualified contractor. Why was a plumbing job assigned to a Fireplace Company. Utterly ludicrous. I give this company an "F". Their Help Desk could care less about their customers and our #1 investments (our homes) which we work hard to acquire and maintain. Buyer beware and know what to expect when you choose this company.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I signed up for the most comprehensive package. When I filed a claim for my hot tub, I was told they couldn't find a service contractor and I would have to advance all the money. If I wanted it fixed, that was my only option. After the diagnosis of the hot tub problem, my claim was denied and refusal to reimburse the $156.80 minus deductible of $65. The denial was for parts that were not part of my hot tub, but of an internal heating home system. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out to be of assistance.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

This company is quick to take your money and extremely delayed to refund what is due. It is impossible to speak to a manager, and they do not seem to value customers, only their money which is concerning. They are not easy to work with, and I am starting to suspect illegal activity given the nature of my current situation with them. I highly recommend not using them.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It appears they do promise more than what has been delivered, UGH! I am not sure the technicians are qualified except for making sure they receive service fees. Then you wait for your claim, the email that seems to be lost in cyberspace, after multiple calls you finally receive it, but it doesn't make much sense, then you have to go round and round to understand why they have denied paying for something the contract clearly states, but they find some loop hole that their technician wrote that's not true. Then you go round and round again.... Still waiting for (2) Claims to be taken care of 6 weeks later. But it is difficult to talk with the Claims person who is always on the phone and unfortunately I too am working and miss their call. I hope to be able to change this review soon!

The Home Service Club response

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

The Home Service Club Company Information