Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
4.64/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Late on a Tuesday night I came home to find that my water heater had sprung a leak into the drip pan in my attic and it was not producing hot water because the water covered the pilot light. I turned off the gas to the water heater that night to stop a potential gas leak. First thing Wednesday morning I called Home Service Club, the representative was very friendly but she said they didn’t have any openings till the next day. She said she would put the call on standby and if an appointment opened up a technician would be out that same day.

After hanging up she called right back and said they could get me on between 2-6. The technician called before arriving at about 4 o clock. He assessed the water heater and said it needed to be replaced, which was covered under my warranty. I only needed to pay the $95 deductible, then two technicians would come back the next day, Thursday, to install the new water heater. This was my first service call to HSC. So far so good. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been with home service club for 3 years. For now I have no complaints about them. They have taken care of everything I have called them about within few days. I had a problem with my microwave; it was approximately 9 years old, The tech determined it could not be repaired so they replaced it. It just cost me the $95 deductible.

Just recently I had an air conditioning issue. Now, they sent someone right away, unfortunately the noise was not taken care of, but the AC was still working (that wasn’t the issue.). Within a few days the line froze up into a block of ice on, I called and they couldn’t get someone until Wednesday as this was on Friday, which was understandable but I wasn’t really happy because it was over 90 degrees but what can you do? Unfortunately they sent the same repairman out, he didn’t really seem to know what to do and, again, didn’t fix anything but I felt made it worse or had no solutions.

After a week of problems I called again and said I didn’t want the same person and they sent someone else who immediately knew what the issue was and it was taken care of within 30 minutes. I am very happy with the outcome and learned a lot from the second tech on what to do and not do in certain situations. Sometimes you just get someone who isn’t up to snuff but that’s not anyone’s fault, they slip through the cracks everywhere.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We were just moving out of our home and getting it ready for our new tenants- One-week countdown to move out a state, get the house ready for the new tenants while raising two crazy toddlers and I'm by myself. My husband had already left for the new job. The washing machine breaks! My husband thankfully got this a year ago since he heard of it from a co-worker and we had to pay a lot on repairs on our other property. I was able to submit my claim online while my two toddlers are running around wild. I am not a fan of doing things on the phone. Someone came the next day, fixed it under an hour and that was that. So easy and one less thing to worry about. After this, we decided to get it on our other property as well.

The Home Service Club response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. At the Home Service Club, we strive to offer our consumers the best home warranty service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I am and still a proud loyal member of The Home Service Club and will be for a very long time and I am so glad I took the decision a long time ago. I keep receiving and the best customer service with Home Service Club. They have always managed my house appliance professionally with experienced tech staff and customer's friendly.

Irrespective of the how old or recent the house I have lived, Home Service Club warranty covers it all from the garage to the kitchen, bedroom, dining, garden, basketball court and laundry compare to others. To say how reliable, convenient, professional, customer friendly and satisfying they are is an understatement. I trust them and from personal experience I will gladly and confidently recommend Home Service Club to anyone without doubt.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I live in Seattle where it is usually not too cold but every so often we get a cold spell. I purchased one of the cheaper plans from this company to insure us against our heat going out. We have an older home with an ancient furnace that runs, but we are not ready to invest in another one. Anyway, last Winter we had our first time to actually call this company. We were surprised that we got same day service, which was great. I don't know how they do it because when it gets cold up here in the PNW, it is hard to find anyone responsive. But HSC was able to get an HVAC repair tech to our house and get the problem fixed. We are very satisfied. If you want peace of mind for your home repairs, this is a good choice. Pricing is reasonable and when you need them in an emergency like we had, they came through. Makes it worth every penny we spend with them!

Samantha Banks

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I called Home Service Club when I noticed a leak coming from inside the walls in the hall bathroom. I called over 6 times and could not talk to anyone. I called them the following day and was able to talk to someone and file a claim. Their contractor came over the next day and figured out the leaking was caused by not having silicon sealing the vanity at the wall and when in use water was running down the back of the vanity. Needless to say I was very happy with this outcome. The Contractor did a perfect job and for several days I haven’t noticed any leakage. Although I wasn’t happy I didn’t talk to anyone the first day I called.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Home Service Club came to save us from our flooding kitchen sink. Last week, our kitchen sink got clogged and water started to come up from the drain, leaking to the floor through our dishwasher. Thankfully, our warranty was still active. We called Home Service Club to file a claim but we never got hold of them for several hours. We finally got them in the evening and they assured us a plumber will be out the following day. The Plumber called us same evening and helped us first stop the water coming up from the drain--by telling us it was due to our upstairs neighbors using the water, which we were then quick to tell them to stop. He came the following morning and sucked up the standing water in the sink and drain, and then used a snake to clear the clog. It was a huge relief to have a working drain again. He was professional, friendly, and exceedingly efficient.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Nothing but good things to say about this company so far. My AC wasn't keeping the house cool anymore. It was blowing cold, but just not enough. I filed a claim and their technician was out in 3 days and found out that the return duct had collapsed and need to be replaced. If not for my warranty with HSC, I would have been worried considering how tight the attic was in my house. The Tech came back 2 days later to replace the return duct. My AC is working perfectly now. The only issue I had was that they did not respond fast enough.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

My first claim with them was successful and I hope potential claims will be successful too. My Microwave broke down totally and the repairer Home service club sent could not fix it, so he recommended they replace it. I was a little disappointed that they did not replace it with the same brand rather they replaced it with another brand. But they did a good Job.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I had a toilet that clogged several times and I called to have it professionally handled. Their plumber called me 2 days later and we had an appointment. They thought they had it handled the first trip, but I had to call again in three days. They replaced the toilet and I’ve had no problems since. They were professional, clean and thorough in their work. Good work!

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information