Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
4.71/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

536 The Home Service Club Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had to make a call a couple weeks ago because my stand alone freezer wasn't working. All my food was thawing out. I was only on hold for 10 minutes and when I talked to Samantha the first thing she said, was "Oh no! We better get someone out there fast!" I was scrambling to get some of my meats to my neighbor's houses so I wouldn't lose them. A repair tech arrived within 24 hours of my call and was able to fix the freezer. I had to pay a small deductible but that was nothing compared to the cost of all the organic meats I would have lost. It's because of service like this that I will never leave the Home Service Club. Very responsive and understanding of my urgency!

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. At the Home Service Club, we strive to offer our consumers the best home warranty service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

It's the last weekend before Thanksgiving and I find myself in a mess. I had planned to get ahead by doing my baking early. I have everything mixed and ready to bake when I go over to my stove to turn on the oven. It doesn't come on at all. I thought it was just me forgetting how to use my own stove. I had my husband try and oven still does not come on. We checked circuit breaker and it was fine. I was so glad that we had purchased insurance for The Home Service Club. I frantically contacted them and explained my problem. Since it was early in the morning they were able to get someone out that afternoon to take a look. The burners on top were working fine, it was just the oven that did not work. The repairman came out and discovered it was my heating element that was not working. He replaced it rather quickly and I was able to continue my Thanksgiving baking.

Samantha Banks

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We were just moving out of our home and getting it ready for our new tenants- One-week countdown to move out a state, get the house ready for the new tenants while raising two crazy toddlers and I'm by myself. My husband had already left for the new job. The washing machine breaks! My husband thankfully got this a year ago since he heard of it from a co-worker and we had to pay a lot on repairs on our other property. I was able to submit my claim online while my two toddlers are running around wild. I am not a fan of doing things on the phone. Someone came the next day, fixed it under an hour and that was that. So easy and one less thing to worry about. After this, we decided to get it on our other property as well.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I am and still a proud loyal member of The Home Service Club and will be for a very long time and I am so glad I took the decision a long time ago. I keep receiving and the best customer service with Home Service Club. They have always managed my house appliance professionally with experienced tech staff and customer's friendly.

Irrespective of the how old or recent the house I have lived, Home Service Club warranty covers it all from the garage to the kitchen, bedroom, dining, garden, basketball court and laundry compare to others. To say how reliable, convenient, professional, customer friendly and satisfying they are is an understatement. I trust them and from personal experience I will gladly and confidently recommend Home Service Club to anyone without doubt.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I live in Seattle where it is usually not too cold but every so often we get a cold spell. I purchased one of the cheaper plans from this company to insure us against our heat going out. We have an older home with an ancient furnace that runs, but we are not ready to invest in another one. Anyway, last Winter we had our first time to actually call this company. We were surprised that we got same day service, which was great. I don't know how they do it because when it gets cold up here in the PNW, it is hard to find anyone responsive. But HSC was able to get an HVAC repair tech to our house and get the problem fixed. We are very satisfied. If you want peace of mind for your home repairs, this is a good choice. Pricing is reasonable and when you need them in an emergency like we had, they came through. Makes it worth every penny we spend with them!

Samantha Banks

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Fridge got broken and I don't know why. I tried to file a claim using HSC's app and in just an hour your contractor diagnose the problem and repair it. Amazing, isn't? I thought it cannot be fixed, but your contractor made it work again!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I got upset when the technician from HSC told me that there's nothing he can do to fix my AC. Since there's no way to fix it, they just replace it with a new one. That was a relief! I don’t know what to say but thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Do NOT believe the other reviews. I purchased my home in January, come July I had a problem with my AC. After about a month I got response they would not cover my repairs "due to pre-existing issues". I filed a second claim during that time on our second AC unit and same response. I still had to pay a deductible twice that did not go towards my repairs and I still had to cover repairs on my own so they actually cost me more money. They covered nothing! After doing research I found that MANY others has the same response as I did. "Pre-existing issues." Stay away from them and sister company Axiom.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

HSC's plumber came to my house to check our Whirlpool motor. I was so impressed with him for being skillful. He really knows what he's doing. He can even answer all of my questions. I'm so pleased with your responsive service.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

My doorbell was useless. I cannot even notice if there is someone in front of my door. Been very frustrated with this thing for a few days now. I decided to seek some help from the Home Service Club. A contractor has been sent and replace our doorbell. I'll surely give you an outstanding rating for this.

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information