Protect What Matters Most

2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.41/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

BOTTOM LINE

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

PROS

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

CONS

• High premiums

Top The Home Service Club Reviews

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage. It was very reasonable for monthly charges, giving me peace of mind should repairs be needed.

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced that and HSC paid for it. I'm glad he found it because it could have caused a fire.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
      • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
      • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
      • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
      Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
      • Refrigerators
      • Outside gas lines
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Grinder pumps
      Add-on options
      Add-on options include coverage for:
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Pools and spas
      • Water softeners
      • Roofs
      • Jetted bathtubs
      • Free-standing freezers
      • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
      Standard Coverage$551
      Comprehensive Coverage$731
      Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
      • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
      • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
      • Additional microwaves: $47.40
      • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
      The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
      Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
      No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
      Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
      No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
      Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
      Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I had one technician about 2 weeks ago when our heater went out; I had no heat. I filed for claim online. I got a call from the people that had the contract. They told me that I would hear from his contractor that was gonna come out and service the equipment. We arranged the date for them to come out and work on the heater. It took two or three days because it’s on a weekend and I did not request it to be an emergency because I was the only one here and I really didn’t care if the heater was on or not that much. They came out and the fellow fixed the heater within a matter of an hour or so, and I’ve had no trouble with it. Overall, you know what your expense is going to be up front, and everything gets done the way they advertise it. That’s all I can ask for.

The Home Service Club response

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’ve used them for 2 years and filing a claim has always been easy. Recently, the coil in my main furnace unit broke, and had to be replaced. I filed a claim online and was expecting to hear from their plumber ASAP but No I didn’t. 2 days later I called them and was able to talk to their rep who confirmed my claim was filed and that they will send a contractor over. It took another 2 days before I heard from their contractor. He came over the following day, had a look and promised to return soon as the part is ordered. He came back a week later when the part arrived and he fixed it within an hour. It felt good to see my A/C running again :). Overall, the job was completed within 2 weeks from my initial call. My only issue was that they didn’t assign a contractor quick enough else the work would have been done within fewer days.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Home Service Club came to save us from our flooding kitchen sink. Last week, our kitchen sink got clogged and water started to come up from the drain, leaking to the floor through our dishwasher. Thankfully, our warranty was still active. We called Home Service Club to file a claim but we never got hold of them for several hours. We finally got them in the evening and they assured us a plumber will be out the following day. The Plumber called us same evening and helped us first stop the water coming up from the drain--by telling us it was due to our upstairs neighbors using the water, which we were then quick to tell them to stop. He came the following morning and sucked up the standing water in the sink and drain, and then used a snake to clear the clog. It was a huge relief to have a working drain again. He was professional, friendly, and exceedingly efficient.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Late on a Tuesday night I came home to find that my water heater had sprung a leak into the drip pan in my attic and it was not producing hot water because the water covered the pilot light. I turned off the gas to the water heater that night to stop a potential gas leak. First thing Wednesday morning I called Home Service Club, the representative was very friendly but she said they didn’t have any openings till the next day. She said she would put the call on standby and if an appointment opened up a technician would be out that same day.

After hanging up she called right back and said they could get me on between 2-6. The technician called before arriving at about 4 o clock. He assessed the water heater and said it needed to be replaced, which was covered under my warranty. I only needed to pay the $95 deductible, then two technicians would come back the next day, Thursday, to install the new water heater. This was my first service call to HSC. So far so good. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been with home service club for 3 years. For now I have no complaints about them. They have taken care of everything I have called them about within few days. I had a problem with my microwave; it was approximately 9 years old, The tech determined it could not be repaired so they replaced it. It just cost me the $95 deductible.

Just recently I had an air conditioning issue. Now, they sent someone right away, unfortunately the noise was not taken care of, but the AC was still working (that wasn’t the issue.). Within a few days the line froze up into a block of ice on, I called and they couldn’t get someone until Wednesday as this was on Friday, which was understandable but I wasn’t really happy because it was over 90 degrees but what can you do? Unfortunately they sent the same repairman out, he didn’t really seem to know what to do and, again, didn’t fix anything but I felt made it worse or had no solutions.

After a week of problems I called again and said I didn’t want the same person and they sent someone else who immediately knew what the issue was and it was taken care of within 30 minutes. I am very happy with the outcome and learned a lot from the second tech on what to do and not do in certain situations. Sometimes you just get someone who isn’t up to snuff but that’s not anyone’s fault, they slip through the cracks everywhere.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: March 24, 2020

They have not failed me so far and odds are, they probably won't no matter what! My washing machine was spewing water all over the place when I came back home from a 2-week trip. I just didn't have the mental capacity to deal with that yet so I called up HSC and the repairman even helped me clean up the mess. All part of the job he said!

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: March 20, 2020

This is the worst home warranty service I have ever worked with, and as a REALTOR I have worked with almost every warranty company that does business in Virginia. From terrible customer service to outstanding vendor bills over $25,000, it's hard to imagine a worse way of doing business. The final straw was when I attempted to cancel my account. They refused!

Since I'm working from home more during this coronavirus outbreak, reach out to me if you want to join a group action. I'm going to make some calls to the attorneys general of Virginia and New York to see what I can do on that front, but if I can't find any satisfaction there I'll begin searching for a class action attorney. They are absolutely the worst group of shysters with which I've had the displeasure of doing business. -1000 stars.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Home Service Club has outstanding online reviews, but I am here to tell you to RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!!! Our 5-year-old refrigerator stopped working so we filed a claim with our home warranty, Home Service Club. Within a few hours I received a call from a supervisor who proceeded to tell me that she would contact our local appliance repair shop, and have a resolution fro us the next day. Instead of getting a resolution, we proceeded to get the run around; not one of our repeated calls was returned. After 2 weeks passed by with no resolution and no communication from Home Service Club, I canceled our warranty. However, we have not yet received a refund.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Home Service Club is really quick to reply! I called to file a claim and three hours after, my broken water heater's already fixed. Wow! Really fast to respond and great customer service from the Home Service Club reps!

The Home Service Club response

We are pleased to have served you. We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Resolution response: March 6, 2020

Lexi helped to resolve this issue to my satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Updated on 03/06/2020: My previous review of HSC was not very good. They took it seriously and have made it right! Most companies would not have gone to such lengths to make things right! Very Impressed with how they have responded to my issue.

Original: I researched many different home warranty companies before making a choice to go with Home Service Club. Customer reviews were a big part or my decision process and HSC seemed to have the best reviews...by far! I now know that should have been a red flag. I have NEVER had such a bad experience with a company. There is NO way that all of those positive reviews could be true. I could list all the calls, emails, lies and runarounds that I experienced just to get my water heater replaced but that would make for a VERY LONG review. They seem to go to great lengths to avoid paying for things that are clearly state that they cover. Including claiming that rust caused the problem even when their contractor stated that NO RUST was present. They never contacted the contractor or myself to let us know of the decision to deny my claim.

It wasn't until I reached them after MANY calls to find out that they were not going to cover it due to FAKE rust. That was a Friday evening. They are closed weekends. I called several times on Monday before speaking with someone who told me that the denial was a mistake and they would cover it. I had already paid a plumber to install a new water heater being that we had been without hot water for over a week and they had told me that it was denied. Over a month and a half later and many more emails and phone calls for reimbursement, I was again told that due to a hole from rust or other damage, they would not reimburse me. Funny thing..THERE WAS NO HOLE OR RUST!!! This company will waste your money and time! DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THEIR REVIEWS! NOT WORTH IT!!

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide details of your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value customer feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We are happy you were in contact with a supervisor that was able to address all of your concerns and we are happy to get this issue resolved.

The Home Service Club Company Information