Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
4.53/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I had one technician about 2 weeks ago when our heater went out; I had no heat. I filed for claim online. I got a call from the people that had the contract. They told me that I would hear from his contractor that was gonna come out and service the equipment. We arranged the date for them to come out and work on the heater. It took two or three days because it’s on a weekend and I did not request it to be an emergency because I was the only one here and I really didn’t care if the heater was on or not that much. They came out and the fellow fixed the heater within a matter of an hour or so, and I’ve had no trouble with it. Overall, you know what your expense is going to be up front, and everything gets done the way they advertise it. That’s all I can ask for.

The Home Service Club response

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’ve used them for 2 years and filing a claim has always been easy. Recently, the coil in my main furnace unit broke, and had to be replaced. I filed a claim online and was expecting to hear from their plumber ASAP but No I didn’t. 2 days later I called them and was able to talk to their rep who confirmed my claim was filed and that they will send a contractor over. It took another 2 days before I heard from their contractor. He came over the following day, had a look and promised to return soon as the part is ordered. He came back a week later when the part arrived and he fixed it within an hour. It felt good to see my A/C running again :). Overall, the job was completed within 2 weeks from my initial call. My only issue was that they didn’t assign a contractor quick enough else the work would have been done within fewer days.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Home Service Club came to save us from our flooding kitchen sink. Last week, our kitchen sink got clogged and water started to come up from the drain, leaking to the floor through our dishwasher. Thankfully, our warranty was still active. We called Home Service Club to file a claim but we never got hold of them for several hours. We finally got them in the evening and they assured us a plumber will be out the following day. The Plumber called us same evening and helped us first stop the water coming up from the drain--by telling us it was due to our upstairs neighbors using the water, which we were then quick to tell them to stop. He came the following morning and sucked up the standing water in the sink and drain, and then used a snake to clear the clog. It was a huge relief to have a working drain again. He was professional, friendly, and exceedingly efficient.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Late on a Tuesday night I came home to find that my water heater had sprung a leak into the drip pan in my attic and it was not producing hot water because the water covered the pilot light. I turned off the gas to the water heater that night to stop a potential gas leak. First thing Wednesday morning I called Home Service Club, the representative was very friendly but she said they didn’t have any openings till the next day. She said she would put the call on standby and if an appointment opened up a technician would be out that same day.

After hanging up she called right back and said they could get me on between 2-6. The technician called before arriving at about 4 o clock. He assessed the water heater and said it needed to be replaced, which was covered under my warranty. I only needed to pay the $95 deductible, then two technicians would come back the next day, Thursday, to install the new water heater. This was my first service call to HSC. So far so good. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been with home service club for 3 years. For now I have no complaints about them. They have taken care of everything I have called them about within few days. I had a problem with my microwave; it was approximately 9 years old, The tech determined it could not be repaired so they replaced it. It just cost me the $95 deductible.

Just recently I had an air conditioning issue. Now, they sent someone right away, unfortunately the noise was not taken care of, but the AC was still working (that wasn’t the issue.). Within a few days the line froze up into a block of ice on, I called and they couldn’t get someone until Wednesday as this was on Friday, which was understandable but I wasn’t really happy because it was over 90 degrees but what can you do? Unfortunately they sent the same repairman out, he didn’t really seem to know what to do and, again, didn’t fix anything but I felt made it worse or had no solutions.

After a week of problems I called again and said I didn’t want the same person and they sent someone else who immediately knew what the issue was and it was taken care of within 30 minutes. I am very happy with the outcome and learned a lot from the second tech on what to do and not do in certain situations. Sometimes you just get someone who isn’t up to snuff but that’s not anyone’s fault, they slip through the cracks everywhere.

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is clearly a scam. Apparently, just a fraudulent sales front with no actual operations or service function behind it. About nine months into my contract, I needed to file a claim. Mission impossible. The claims reporting process, whether by phone or by the website, is nothing but a black hole. No response, no call back, no email reply, EVER. The only human beings who will ever answer the phone are sales people who are ready to take your money, but will hang up on you if you mention you’re a customer looking for service! I’m filing a complaint with the office of the NY attorney general, but I doubt I’ll ever see a penny’s worth of value out this “contract.” Steer clear of these fraudsters.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I’ve had a good experience with Home Service Cub. I called in a few times for air condition, stove, microwave and a couple other things. They always hook me up to a technician who would come and fix it within a day or two. Their service has been good, Although, I had a little misunderstanding with one of the vendors because of scheduling. Considering how much I had spent in the past, the warranty adds value.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I recently filed a claim over the phone to get my sink fixed and their wait time was about 10 minutes. The Plumber showed up the next day and fixed it. I also had an issue in one of my upper bathrooms and another plumber came out for that and did a thorough work too, I’m pleased with the work they’ve done on both occasions. A lot of people don't believe in having this kind of policy but it has worked for me. Hopefully the plan covers everything it says it's going to and if I have a major claim, they'll back it up.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This company should go out of business. I submitted a claim on November 14 for an indoor electrical outlet that stopped working. The outlet shows as an open hot so it's a potential fire hazard. I called them on Nov 20 they said that all their contracted electrician are too filled up to be able to schedule me and will contact when they are Available. Most likely they don't have any electrician who want to work with them. Dec 9 they called said to call them back. I talked to them Dec 11, they now trying to claim they will not cover electrical of my house because my outside metal electric box cover has rust as indicated on my home inspection report. This is so laughable as my claim is unrelated. My policy does not cover things on the external part of my house and an external metal box is not the same thing as electrical lines on the interior of my house.

It's easier to say your claim is not covered when they have no contractors who want to work with them. I called them on their shenanigans and they put me on hold for 20 mins plus then hung up on me. Every time you call you have to sit on hold forever, sometimes they let you leave a message other times they just hang up on you. This company should go out of business.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My husband and I purchased our home in August of 2019 and were required to get a home service warranty with home service club. Our water heater went out in December of 2019. When we initially called the Home Service Club we explained our water heater is no longer working (water is draining out of the temperature relief valve, therefore there is pressure building up in our water heater and it is unsafe and needs to be fixed/replaced). They were respectful and apologized and stated that they will submit a claim as soon as we send over a home inspection report. Once we sent that over then someone would call us and tell us when the technician was coming out.

Well, no one called, so we took action and called the Home Service Club back and they stated "your water heater will not be covered due to your home inspection report therefore we will not be a technician coming out." My husband and I explained that what our home inspection report says about the water heater (the straps around the heater weren't tight enough and we fixed this problem anyways) has nothing to do with what is currently occurring. The Home service club continued to refuse service to us. We have asked to be escalate to a manager, yet no manager has called us. The Home service club service center is unable to state verbatim anywhere in the terms and conditions that this is not covered. Both my husband and I read through the contract and there is nowhere that states our request is "automatically voided because of our home inspection report" (quoted verbatim from one of their service representatives).

I have sent multiple emails to the Home Service Club and called the company multiple times and have yet to hear back or hear from a manager per my request. Not only were the customer service representatives extremely rude they were extremely unhelpful. We are now about to go on day 4 without hot water and are extremely frustrated at the point of this service. They won't even send out a representative to even take a look at what is going on. If I could give this company 0 stars I would. They are horrible and I do not recommend using them.

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information