3.55/5

Save on Repairs with a Home Warranty

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

BOTTOM LINE

Many customers appreciate the peace of mind they receive from The Home Service Club, citing helpful customer service and timely repairs. Many customers also like that it is easy to submit claims with this company.

PROS

• Friendly and professional service
    • Experienced technicians
    • Quick repairs
    • Affordable plans
    • Technicians often go above and beyond to resolve issues

CONS

• Some customers experience long hold times
    • A few customers experienced difficulty scheduling appointments

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

199 The Home Service Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We live way outside of town. We like to recycle and we are glad we have a recycling program for our town. We have to deliver our own recycling to a dumpster provided by the city. When we lost the use of the trash compactor it was a problem. We have a home warranty plan with Home Service Club. We used our plan and the unit was replaced. The company did exactly what they said they would do.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We are a family of 5 with four very insistent Jack Russel terriers. I love them all but they are a very messy group. The dogs are happy but I need my dishwasher. I used my warranty plan from The Home Service Club so that I can find my kitchen again. Thanks HSC!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My pipes to the washer burst from the cold at the first time it dropped below freezing this year. I have used Home Service Club in the past but I was especially grateful to have them for this problem. I would not have wanted to have to crawl into the spaces that this plumber had to struggle to get to. But the job got done and the warranty has paid itself off yet again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Our refrigerator stopped working and we had to put what we could in a cooler. We have a Home Service Club for our appliances warranty. We were able to get an appointment pretty quickly. The service guy had the part that they needed to fix the refrigerator so we didn't have to wait for any return trips. We replenished the refrigerator the same day. Thanks to HSC.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I made the biggest mistake to my poor in-law’s washing machine. I didn’t sort the laundry when I was over there house sitting. My son’s toy ended up in the wash and it was one of those expandable in water things that led to broken up in water after the spin cycle into the rinse. Then it was clogging the machine. Thankfully, my in-laws had me call the warranty company who made arrangements to get it cleaned out. The tech was also kind enough to teach me how to do it, in the event it should happen again. I bought a plan for us after we were home again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

If you are looking for a home warranty company that provides any service and doesn't just bill you a monthly amount but refuses to provide any service. This is not the company you should hire. If you want to pay for nothing at all then contract this company. You will be billed every month and you will experience the satisfaction of paying your bill while receiving absolutely no services. When you call them you will spend a lot of time online, then be promised a call back regarding services and technicians. That call will not happen.

Technicians will not materialize and you will be back to square one. No service. That's what you pay for when you hire this home warranty company. That's what we received when we made claims about our air conditioning, a plumbing issue and an electrical issue. On all three counts they failed to provide technicians or service. We ended up spending tons of time on the phone with them trying to access the service we paid for and then paying for service out of pocket because the company did not follow through.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

You never know if a company is going to be worth the cost of the warranty. The Home Service Club has been true to their word each time I required their services. I am going to upgrade my warranty plan this year. I appreciate the piece of mind that I have with HSC.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have a woodworking shop where I make custom furniture from home. I work with some pretty toxic chemicals. I have an exhaust system set up so I can do my work safely. When the system broke down in the middle of a project I couldn't work. The customer I was working with was a little fussy and I didn't want to disappoint them. I called Home Service Club. They came out and found the problem. Thanks to some great contractors, I was back to work in no time. My customer was able to get what they needed on time. The HSC contractors were fast and efficient.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am a baker. We are coming into the holiday season. My friends and family expect my holiday gifts to be edible. Nothing was baking at the right temperature. I called Home Service Club. When the service technician looked at my oven he was not sure if it could be fixed. He took the time to really research the part that the oven required. They found the part and it was installed. I am so happy that I have my oven back with plenty of time before I start my holiday baking.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I am updating this from a complaint I filled on 5/11/2018. It took months to get things worked out. I have worked things out with the home service club as Stacy a manager from the home service club has been working with me to get this resolved. I am giving Stacy 4 stars as she has stayed on top of this.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

It's the last weekend before Thanksgiving and I find myself in a mess. I had planned to get ahead by doing my baking early. I have everything mixed and ready to bake when I go over to my stove to turn on the oven. It doesn't come on at all. I thought it was just me forgetting how to use my own stove. I had my husband try and oven still does not come on. We checked circuit breaker and it was fine. I was so glad that we had purchased insurance for The Home Service Club. I frantically contacted them and explained my problem. Since it was early in the morning they were able to get someone out that afternoon to take a look. The burners on top were working fine, it was just the oven that did not work. The repairman came out and discovered it was my heating element that was not working. He replaced it rather quickly and I was able to continue my Thanksgiving baking.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The Home Service Club warranty covers Laundry appliances, Kitchen appliances, living room furniture and even bedroom furniture. I had pipes burst in my home which caused my washer and dryer to flood and break and my refrigerator which was less than one year old. I thought my food would spoil by the time I received a new refrigerator. The Home Service Club came to my rescue in 24 hours. My food did not spoil and I was able to have clean clothes after the flood soaked them wet. I could not have managed without them and I am thankful to have found a great company as theirs.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was in the process of buying my first home when a close friend of mine recommended I get in contact with The Home Service Club. I admit I was skeptical at first because there is already a lot of things to do with purchasing a home but I am so glad that I took the time to contact them. I will be with them for as long as I own a home. The customer service is wonderful and just having the peace of mind of having coverage if anything happens is a lifesaver! I would highly recommend The Home Service Club to anyone who is purchasing a house.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My home was experiencing electrical power loss during cold seasons. Just recently this past week all power was lost due to cold temperatures. The whole neighborhood had lost power also. Today about 30% of my home lost power and I believe due to electrical failure but it is also cold temperatures today. With a service like home warranty insurance from Home Service Club you can get peace of mind that your home will be protected with issues like these.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

When it was time to buy my first house, I learned about The Home Service Club. It was a complete surprise, how easy it was! First off, buying a house is stressful enough as it is, then after buying it you have to keep it up, and sometimes things goes wrong like a washer/dryer breaks or your A/C goes out, it could be anything. It's a great thing to know someone's got your back, if needed, and the peace of mind will give you less stress, and help you sleep at night. Customer service team is there to make the process easy, and resolved quick! Would Highly recommend!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We were just moving out of our home and getting it ready for our new tenants- One-week countdown to move out a state, get the house ready for the new tenants while raising two crazy toddlers and I'm by myself. My husband had already left for the new job. The washing machine breaks! My husband thankfully got this a year ago since he heard of it from a co-worker and we had to pay a lot on repairs on our other property. I was able to submit my claim online while my two toddlers are running around wild. I am not a fan of doing things on the phone. Someone came the next day, fixed it under an hour and that was that. So easy and one less thing to worry about. After this, we decided to get it on our other property as well.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

When buying my house I learned about The Home Service Club. It was really a no brainer. Buying a house is stressful enough and then after buying it and something goes wrong like a appliance breaks or your heater goes out a week after buying your house midwinter it's nice to know someone's got your back and is there for you to give you less stress and fix the problems. Amazing customer service and so professional. Highly recommended.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I trust The Home Service Club and from my experience I will recommend Home Service Club to anyone. I am a loyal member of The Home Service Club and will be in the future And I’m glad I made the right decision. I Receive the best customer service with Home Service Club. They have managed my home appliance professionally with experienced tech staff and The customer service is excellent. Depending on how new or how old your house is The Home Service Club warranty covers all of it. For example laundry, tennis court, basketball court, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, living room. They are reliable, professional, & great with customer.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I am and still a proud loyal member of The Home Service Club and will be for a very long time and I am so glad I took the decision a long time ago. I keep receiving and the best customer service with Home Service Club. They have always managed my house appliance professionally with experienced tech staff and customer's friendly.

Irrespective of the how old or recent the house I have lived, Home Service Club warranty covers it all from the garage to the kitchen, bedroom, dining, garden, basketball court and laundry compare to others. To say how reliable, convenient, professional, customer friendly and satisfying they are is an understatement. I trust them and from personal experience I will gladly and confidently recommend Home Service Club to anyone without doubt.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have been extremely satisfied with the quality and service of this company. They provide the exact service I was looking for and their customer service was very helpful and respectful. I definitely recommend this company!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have some family up in Seattle as I make frequent trips for work, and I was staying with my sister. During the middle of the night we got a really bad chill and the AC somehow broke. I literally searched it up on Google and I found this company, it was perfect because they aren't far from where my family lives. The next morning I called them, and I found out that they have a very affordable cheaper plan. I was surprised how fast they were to come to us and fix it, and I'm so glad the heater is working again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I signed up with HSC when I bought my house. As with older homes, you just never know what may happen. When my AC went out, I called for service. I spoke to William in customer service who arranged for service. A service contractor came over the next morning and needed to refill my Freon. He also cleaned the AC too and it is cooling nicely again. I recommend HSC.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I live in Seattle where it is usually not too cold but every so often we get a cold spell. I purchased one of the cheaper plans from this company to insure us against our heat going out. We have an older home with an ancient furnace that runs, but we are not ready to invest in another one. Anyway, last Winter we had our first time to actually call this company. We were surprised that we got same day service, which was great. I don't know how they do it because when it gets cold up here in the PNW, it is hard to find anyone responsive. But HSC was able to get an HVAC repair tech to our house and get the problem fixed. We are very satisfied. If you want peace of mind for your home repairs, this is a good choice. Pricing is reasonable and when you need them in an emergency like we had, they came through. Makes it worth every penny we spend with them!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Home Service Club is the 3rd different home service warranty company I have tried. I won't mention who the other ones were, but I can say I am so pleasantly surprised by the service I receive. I'm always able to get through when needed and the service technicians they send out are courteous and knowledgeable. I highly recommend HSC.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We had our bathroom done by a company that is no longer in business and I can see why. A few weeks after they were finished when we turned on the shower the water would start to leak down into our basement. We called these guys and they came out the next morning. Turns out the company that remodeled our bathroom didn't install the piped correctly. HSC found the probably quickly and fixed it for us.

Resolution response: Oct. 3, 2018

This is an update from the last review I had posted, I recently just got off the phone with one of the manager (Taylor **), in concern of the issues I was having with the company. She made a point that customer satisfaction was one of this company top priority. I let her know all the issue that she read from my review is true can be verified. The company approved my washing machine being fix, and the supervisor gave me her extension for future claims, hopefully I don't have any more, but just wanted to gave an update, since I had actually talked to someone. Ms. ** actually sound like she cared and understood my situation for that I gave her a 5 star *****. From this experience this lets me know that this company has personnel that pays attention to your complaints.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Awful service, please do not spend your money on this company. Look for a reputable company that appreciates their customers as well as your time. This company does not have good customer service and what they're advertising is not what they’re doing, you pay your portion of the money and you wait for your approval that I were told we would take 24 to 48 hours. You cannot look on your website that you log into to see any updates on this company process. The company that they’re contracting with for your washing machine in Louisiana are not very professional either. I had an appointment at 1:00 pm, I had to call the service technician to see if he was coming or he was canceling the appointment. When it had became 2:30 with no calls stating that he was going to be late, I was told “it was going to take a minute and I can go run my errands and that he will call when he was on his way”.

At 4:45 I call the service asking if this is a real company and if my appointment will be made today. I was told by the answering service that she was only answering calls but she will page the technician to give me a call, he didn’t call me back in 45 minutes and said he still was on his way. Needing to say the technician showed up at 6 o’clock that evening. To get to talk to someone for your service takes about 30 to 45 minutes of waiting time just to get a representative to tell you that you were waiting on the approval department and you don’t have any extension to get in contact with the approval department. It has been almost 2 weeks now and I am still without a washer. So again I urge you not to choose this company. If I get this claim done I will not be a customer anymore.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

OMG...I could write a book on this POS of a company. I just got off the phone, for the 4th day in a row about getting the "Approval Dept" to approve my A/C repair. Last Wed A/C company comes out (after 2 weeks of calling trying to get someone out...a whole different book) and submits the repair needed to HSC at 9:00am. I call at 1pm to verify they received info. They did but are "needing more info from tech". HSC rep said they are waiting for a call back from tech.

I call tech and said, "They are waiting for your call back for more information," he said they have not called him. I call HSC back, ask what number they have for tech...they don't even have the correct number, I gave him correct number, he puts me on hold and calls tech. Comes back to me and says they have all info now and have sent it to the approval dept. and it should get approved later today, if not for sure by tomorrow (Thurs). I call Thurs morning, talk to same customer service rep, still not approved. Call Friday...3 times...ironically, I get the same customer service rep all 3 times. He says he sent a urgent message to "approval dept" for my claim each time I call.

Now it's Monday. I call back and get a different agent. She explains they are "waiting on some more info from the technician". I called BS on her and said, "You guys got "more info" last Wednesday." Then she said they are verifying the local and state codes for the repair. (WTF...where did that come from?) I again called BS because all that needs to be replaced is the coil, which is an internal part and not modification to the unit would be needed...and plus they do pay for repairs that are needed to bring up to code, so why do they care.

Did you know that the "approval dept" at HSC does not have phones or email? So there is no way for a customer to talk or communicate with the approval dept. Really??? They only communicate with instant message. I honestly feel sorry for the front-line employees who have to take all the crap that the "approval dept" causes for their customers. If I ever get them to repair my A/C...I am done with them. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was hired as a plumbing contractor to service one of their clients. We were told to collect a fraction of our services from the homeowner and the balance would be paid by HSC. The homeowner paid and I have been unable to collect the remaining balance from HSC since April. It is now end of September. I have received the runaround over and over from this company. As a contractor I highly recommend not doing business with this company. Someone got a new garbage disposal for $95. Talk about deal of the year!!

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2018

Thanks to people like Taylor ** and Amy at the company this issue has been resolved. They reached out to me and resolved this claim.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Company is horrible. Do not get this company for your home warranty. They will not send out authorization for anything. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY COMPANY. RUN...RUN... Tell all your friends...even your enemies. Would not wish this company on anyone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

If you are a Homeowner - PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS COMPANY. You will be without AC for weeks without any consideration on their part. They will leave you on hold, delay your process and never pay the contractor. This company is a nightmare. I believe the Department of Consumer Affairs should shut this place down. This seems like a Ponzi scheme. Homeowners/Contractors BEWARE!

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
    Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information