Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About The Home Service Club

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

Cons

• High premiums

Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

Top The Home Service Club Reviews

Verified

I was very pleased with the way the customer service manager Jimmy answered my questions and helped me make a very comfortable choice as to which plan I needed for basic coverage....

Verified

My recent claim was for my air conditioning ... When he came to check the system out, he found a burnt plug and a burnt receptacle up in the attic, so he went ahead and replaced t...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is The Home Service Club?

The Home Service Club is a home warranty company. It offers two plans along with add-ons for utility line coverage and other home appliances and systems. The Home Service Club works with a network of more than 10,000 technicians across the U.S. to offer service in every state.

The Home Service Club plans

The Home Service Club offers two base plans. From there, you can add on coverage for utility lines or specific appliances and systems in your home. All plans are for one year.

• Standard Coverage: This plan covers 18 common systems and appliances.
    • Comprehensive Coverage: This plan covers everything that Standard Coverage does plus 15 more items.
    • Utility Line Coverage: This add-on covers the utility lines and pipes that run to and from your home.
    • Stand-alone options: The Home Service Club offers optional coverage for appliances and systems not listed in its plans, including pools, sprinkler systems and water softeners.

The Home Service Club coverage

We looked at sample plans in Texas for an example of what The Home Service Club’s plans cover.

Standard Coverage
    Standard Coverage includes the following systems and appliances:
    • Refrigerators
    • Outside gas lines
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Grinder pumps
    Add-on options
    Add-on options include coverage for:
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Pools and spas
    • Water softeners
    • Roofs
    • Jetted bathtubs
    • Free-standing freezers
    • Sewage ejector pumps

Coverage maximums from The Home Service Club vary depending on your location. Per-unit caps range between $300 and $2,500, and the annual maximum is between $6,000 and $9,000.

The Home Service Club costs

Expect to pay at least $400 a year for a home warranty from The Home Service Club. Most home warranties from The Home Service Club cost between $550 and $750 per year ( $46 to $63 a month). Service fees range from $65 to $125 and vary by plan but average around $95.

PlanAnnual cost
    Standard Coverage$551
    Comprehensive Coverage$731
    Note: These costs are for a house under 5,000 square feet in Houston, Texas.

We’ve also listed some annual costs for coverage add-ons below based on the same home in Houston:

• Utility and home service lines: $239.40
    • Additional dishwashers: $48.00
    • Jetted bathtubs: $179.40
    • Additional microwaves: $47.40
    • Additional freezers: $47.40

You can obtain a home warranty quote from The Home Service Club by entering basic personal and home information on its website and choosing a plan and any desired add-ons.

The Home Service Club FAQ

What is The Home Service Club’s recall period?
    The Home Service Club has a 30-day recall period for parts and a 90-day recall period for labor.
    Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?
    No, The Home Service Club doesn’t require a home inspection or home inspection report.
    Does The Home Service Club have age limits for coverage?
    No, The Home Service Club covers systems and appliances regardless of age.
    Can I cancel a The Home Service Club home warranty?
    Yes. Customers who cancel in the first 30 days receive a full refund, minus a $45 processing fee. After 30 days, customers who cancel receive a prorated refund, minus the $45 processing fee.

Is The Home Service Club worth it?

We think The Home Service Club is worth it for many consumers. The Home Service Club tends to have higher prices than its competitors, but consumer reviews mention an easy claims process and quick repairs. We like that its customer service is always available and that there’s no age limit for covered systems and appliances.

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I'm very regret to waste money on this home warranty. I tried to request service several times during my warranty period, but all the request took weeks to schedule and and the most angry thing was that even when. the contractor was at my space, they always tried to find reasons to refuse to cover my cost? why I need this warranty, useless at all. I should have done more research before I brought it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I am wondering if The Home Service Club does provide any warranty service at all. We were enrolled with their service for more than year and a half when we for the first time had to make a call for a Warranty service for something inexpensive as a garbage disposal. They did not provide a service, kept delaying, charged us additional $75 for service call and never despatched a repairman. This was totally ripoff /robbery. We called them mostly every day for 3 weeks and asked for the status, reiterated our issue and with no progress and they keep telling us they were working on it internally. At one point they told us they handed over to Lowe’s for repair but did not give us work order number for Lowe’s to trace. We called the Lowe’s to find out and they were more helpful trying to track a work order on their system but never found anything.

We finally had to call a repairman at our own expense to fix it after the 3 weeks because the garbage disposal was causing leaks and that was causing other damages under the cabinet. It was terrible experience for us, they took the premium and service fee never to provide any service which really makes me think if they are really in business to provide warranty service or simply collect premium until customer makes a service call.

Totally regret enrolling with them. We have complained to BBB and asked for reimbursement for service fee to the minimum. Do not enroll with them. Totally disgusted with their service. If they are not fixing something cheap as a garbage disposal, don’t think they will get to anything expensive as AC unit or other appliances which is normally why homeowners hope they fix. Reading some of the positive reviews here makes me question their authenticity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your services.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I signed up with Home Service Club for a warranty on my Home Appliances. I submitted a claim for a broken Microwave oven and from the start received the run-around. First they said because of the age of the equipment (2013) they wanted ME to purchase a new microwave and they would spot me the $75.00 service fee...really? I said, "No I wanted my oven repaired, that's why I purchase a warranty..." A tech was sent out after two more weeks. I paid the $75.00 service fee and he found a damaged part. He called for repair authorization...and that took another week and a half..

Now I get a call from the warranty company that they consider the problem a maintenance issue and no repair is covered...so I have been strung along for nearly a month..paid the warranty fees ..the service fee and my microwave is still out of service. I immediately demanded cancellation of my warranty..but lo and behold..they don't have a direct line for cancellations...it will have to be submitted... I have worked with American Home Shield before and they took care of items quickly and ..yes they were slightly higher but I guess that is the difference...they fix stuff. This was only what I consider a small repair...and I am totally dissatisfied and will not work with this company again and strongly recommend that if you are looking for a home warranty look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Old AC unit has been repaired 3 times in past 4 yrs. Compressor has finally gone out and will have to replace AC and furnace due to age (30 yrs old). Technician reported to HSC that this was normal wear and tear, but they say the pictures tech sent them shows rust on outside unit. Every time it has been worked on and parts replaced not one tech reported rust or told us this was a problem. They just replaced part that wore out and said everything else was ok.

Their contract states they will pay $2,000 on AC or furnace if can’t be fixed, but all they have offered to do is put in $7000 2 1/2 ton 13 Seer Lenox and discount it $1000. The tech told us we need 3 ton 14 Seer which would cost another $1000. The tech (from Captain Air, Canton, Tx) gave us a bid for Goodman 3 ton 14 Seer for $6300 which includes 10 yr warranty on parts & service. I have talked to 2 different supervisors at HSC and was told they can’t mail me check for $1000 so I can buy the Goodman unit because I don’t have a tax ID#. Captain Air has offered to give HSC their tax ID# and make out check to us and them to be used toward new system. Now I can’t get head supervisor (Lori) to return my phone calls or her mailbox is full when I call. I was told there is no one else I can talk to. Their # is 18006011009. Would appreciate any advice you can offer!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I would give HSC warranty a zero if I could due to the quality of repairman they provided and warranty coverage.

Problem 1: Understandably, due to COVID, HSC experienced some delays in finding a repair company (over a month). After HSC found a good company and notified me this was scheduled, I received a call from another company, rated F by BBB, notifying me they were my new repairman and the original repairman had been cancelled by HSC. This led me to call HSC because to me this was a random call in the age where phone scammers are so prevalent. HSC then mentioned they did cancel my original repairman and replaced them without my knowing. Upon a quick Google search, I found the reviews on this repairman were less than satisfactory. I checked the BBB site and this new company was given an F rating. I did not want a company rated F inside my house, especially because my repair was related to a gas line. After many calls to HSC, they reluctantly scheduled a new repairman with better reviews.

Problem 2: The repair technician could not determine the exact failure but said he would get repair approved by HSC. I hadn’t heard anything about the status of the repair, so I made multiple calls to HSC to determine the status. They claimed the repairman said it was “broken” and they would not pay for the repair of a broken appliance, but they offered $150 toward a new product. After calling my repairman/office of the repair company to ask what was said, they called HSC back to be clear this problem was due to wear and tear, but HSC already set the status to be replaced and they wouldn’t change it. In the end they offered $100 towards a $493 repair, or $150 towards a $2000 new appliance (price of the equivalent product to what I currently have).

Problem 3: Over 2 months after my initial request to get my appliance repaired, HSC called to inform me there was a recall on my appliance in question and thus would be closing the claim completely. I called the manufacturer of my appliance and they assured me that my appliance was not affected by this recall. I had to call HSC back multiple times again, just to get their initial offer of $100 towards a $493 repair or $150 towards a $2000 new appliance back.

Problem 4: More than 3 months after my initial request to get my appliance repaired, I called HSC back to ask why I couldn’t get the full price of the repair, except my deductible, covered since the repairman/company called HSC to say it was due to wear and tear. HSC “lost”/had no record of the repairman/company calling them clarifying that the failure was due to wear and tear. I said I could get the repairman to call them again, but they said they already provided their answer and would not change it.

I know this post was long, but I would have liked to have known these things before buying the annual, nonrefundable warranty and paying for it upfront.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My husband and I have been trying to cancel our contract with this company for the last 4 months. We have called and emailed numerous times, and we still have not received any contact from the company's accounting department. We cancelled because we paid upfront over 3 thousand dollars for 5 years to cover home related items in our new home. We thought this was the sensible and responsible thing to do so we would not need to feel stressed is anything broke. After almost 2 years, our washing machine broke. After over two months, they finally responded and told us that they refused to send someone to our home because our washing machine was old.

During the pandemic, we had to use public laundromats and advised the Home Service Club Warranty Corp of this issue on multiple occasions. If we knew they would simply deny our requests and take our hard earned money, we would have never signed up with them. Similarly, we would have bought a new washing machine, but waited for them to respond. I am trying to get our money back from this company, and even threatened to get a lawyer multiple times -- but they do not care. This has been hell for my family, and I strongly warn against anyone ever using them. The pattern of complaints you see here and on BBB are 100% accurate. I am still begging them to leave this hell hole. I have spent days on the phone with them. This is too much.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Have them for 3 properties in VA and SC. They have limited techs so unacceptably long time to get anyone. They find any way to get out of their coverage and deny claims. Rude customer service. Long response times or get ignored and no reply or call back. Issues with AC took over a month to get tech to come out and they denied claim to fix. Other issues with AC at other property took over 2 weeks+ to fix. They just expect you to stay without AC! They approved a microwave replacement a year ago and have yet to go out and replace it. I’m constantly having to follow up and talk to different people cause they have high turnover. They are a scam... Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I purchased a home a year and a half ago (in 2019), the home warranty was then Called Axiom Home warranty. When I renewed it in 2020 they changed their name to (The Home Service Club) and did not need any of their services until 8/4/2020. I submitted a claim for "Plumbing Systems (faucets)" that is clearly in the contract description of covered services and was issued a claim number. I also received an email with the confirmation and another with the information of the Technician information (GreenLife Plumbing) on 8/10/2020.

A week passed and no one contact me so I called the technician, they responded to me by saying that they did not have a request from my home warranty for me, I gave them all the information including the service request number. I then called the Home warranty and made them aware of the situation and was told that they clearly have in their records that they have sent the service request to the technician, this calls went on for a weeks and I got very disappointed and highly concern that something did not feel right. I decided to call both places at the same time and The home warranty hung up on me. I have been calling and I feel like they may tag my number internally and didn't answer my calls any more, whenever they do pick up no one answered for about 2 weeks.

I have called today directly to the payment department and I they did pick up and requested for a cancellation and a full refund, They failed to provide the contractual services and did not even try to contact me to make things right. I am expecting a complete refund and no cancellation fees due to their breach of contract. This company charges the full year amount ahead and not on a monthly payment plan so its not recommended at all!!!! Please beware of their shady methods to prolong the time it takes for them to provide a service and in my opinion it is done on purpose.

Completely disappointed, unhappy and will never deal with this Home warranty ever again. I do not recommend this company at all. They just want your money ahead and fail to uphold their contract agreement to provide the services I payed for. I will see if it's necessary to speak to a lawyer and take it from there. Sincerely: Very disappointed and unhappy customer. I will update this post depending on their response.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Let me start by saying that I do not recommend this company one bit. This review dates back to September/October 2019. I am writing this review now because I am still dealing with the fallout of dealing with this company. My HVAC unit had a crack in the heat exchanger and the company claimed that this was not a mechanical failure of the unit. I have a master’s in mechanical engineering with a strong background in thermal systems, so I know a bit about how a heat exchanger works.

After months of back and forth with the company (mainly because I would only be able to reach a customer service representative once every week) and backing my communications up with research and technical papers discussing heat exchangers, I was able to get them to cover $1000 of the $2000 that I was covered for. Although disappointed with this, I needed to get my HVAC unit replaced ASAP because fall/winter in Minnesota is unpredictable and we were already into October.

The unit and installation cost $3000 total. I was to pay The Home Service Club $2000 and they would pay the full $3000 to the HVAC company. I signed and sent over information and they did not hesitate to take the money. I eventually was able to set up a time to get the new unit installed. The local technician did a great job and I was very pleased to have this all behind me and have a new unit.

Or so I thought... One year later, I get a phone call saying that The Home Service Club never paid the local company who did the installation any money and that action can be taken against my property (aka a lien). I have all documentation showing the $2000 withdrawal by The Home Service Club, the credit authorization, and the email exchanges showing the $3000 total cost and breakdown. I am confident that this will eventually be resolved at no cost to me, but after this experience I don't want anyone else to have to go through this and get scammed by this company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

From day 1, they have denied covering ANYTHING finding some fine print or loophole in the so-called contract. Cover pest-control but not bees.. Cover HVAC but not "wear and tear". Not their responsibility.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz