4.01/5

Save on Repairs with a Home Warranty

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

220 The Home Service Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I'm very thankful to be a Home Service Club Policy Holder because my AC broke down. That same day I called and they came on that day to fix my AC. The next day they called me back to make sure everything was okay. I couldn't have chosen a better company.

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. At the Home Service Club, we strive to offer our consumers the best home warranty service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The policy I have with The Home Service Club has helped me out a lot. I have everything in my home protected. The way they treat me is great. They listen to my concerns and provide a detailed answer. When my washing machine broke down, they arranged for a service tech to come over and fix it.

Dear Nicolette,

Samantha Banks

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My dishwasher is usually quiet, making a soft humming. One evening, there was a loud clanky noise and the door was not closing the right way. I placed the claim with the Home Service Club and they sent over a repair guy. I am so grateful that it was a simple fix!

Dear Cristine,

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I’ve always hated washing dishes by hand. When I bought my first home, I made SURE it came with a dishwasher. During a heavy storm, the dishwasher filled with water and it would not drain. The smell was AWFUL! I called in my contract with the Home Service Club. They sent out a guy that specialized in dishwasher repairs and he took good care of the problem.

Dear JM,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

This past summer was hot and I am really grateful for my warranty with the Home Service Club. I have elders that stayed with me so when the AC died, it was not going to be easy on them! I called and they sent an AC Guy out and got it up in running within a reasonable amount of time. I was so happy I didn’t have to take my elders to an emergency cooling center! Thank you! This is one satisfied customer.

Dear JM,

Samantha Banks

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

When we purchased our home it was as first-time homebuyers. The seller had to disclose certain things within the house that needed to be repaired or replaced. Of course, we had purchased homeowner's insurance but we also decided to purchase a home warranty with and the company we went with was the Home Service Club. Within the first three months in our new home, the refrigerator and the stove needed to be replaced and the hot water heater needed to be repaired. I would recommend this company to anyone reading this as you never know when you will need them!

Dear Alexis,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Dont ever go with this warranty. I have purchased it and had to raise a service request for my AC. It took 1 month for them to finally react to my request. And after canceling my warrant, they are not giving any refund. It is already 3 months and still they want me to wait for 30 business days. Customer service is horrible. Anytime you call them, it takes 30 mins before a representative talks to you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had to make a call a couple weeks ago because my stand alone freezer wasn't working. All my food was thawing out. I was only on hold for 10 minutes and when I talked to Samantha the first thing she said, was "Oh no! We better get someone out there fast!" I was scrambling to get some of my meats to my neighbor's houses so I wouldn't lose them. A repair tech arrived within 24 hours of my call and was able to fix the freezer. I had to pay a small deductible but that was nothing compared to the cost of all the organic meats I would have lost. It's because of service like this that I will never leave the Home Service Club. Very responsive and understanding of my urgency!

Dear Daniel,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Never before have I met such a nice technician. Tim who came and fixed my furnace literally gave me an education about furnaces while he was working. I can't say enough about him and now I know what to look for next time we have problems with our heat. If all the service people are like Tim, I will be a customer forever!

Dear Jesus,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We switched from another company I won't mention - we had a terrible experience with them. But now with HSC, we have every appliance in both of our homes covered. It's great, because 1 is a rental property, so it makes our job as landlord much easier. We had to file 1 claim and were very pleased with the service. Glad we switched.

Dear David,

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We have begged them for payment for 6 months! HORRIBLE COMPANY. If you are a contractor, do not do work for this company!!! 27 emails and 8 phone calls. THEY DO NOT PAY!!! I have spoken with several different employees in their accounting department, I have sent all of them the invoice for the work performed, and I have spoken to supervisors, all promising to pay!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When it rains, it pours. And I think it always comes in threes right? First, the garage door opener and mechanized parts went out. I called HSC and a contractor came out to fix it. Second, same day the garage door opener was fixed, the garbage disposal went out. The day they came to fix that, the dryer belt broke. HSC helped us with it all!

Dear Christi,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I tried to do my own plumbing. I learned my lesson when I tried to remove the toilet in the guest bathroom. I snapped a bolt and broke the ring. That was my handyman attempt. I called Home Service Club. They came and finished the job and did it right. Thanks for getting rid of my headache.

Dear Dawn,

Samantha Banks

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Bath time is usually a nice time for my little daughters. When the tub drain was stopped up I had to bath them in the kitchen sink. This was not a happy time for them or me any longer. It messed up our routine and we lost their play time. I called Home Service Club. The serviceman made the repairs and we are all very happy.

Dear Angela,

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We are so happy with our extended home warranty service plan with Home Service Club. They are very nice when we call for a repair and always have someone out quickly to work. They fixed our hot water heater in no time when it stopped heating the water. If you do not have their warranty, you must get one asap!

Dear Rodolfo,

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My brother’s house warming gift to us was an HSC warranty. It was so kind of him to pay for it for three years ahead. I swore we’d never need it, but his wisdom panned out. Right after my second child was born we started having major plumbing issues. HSC got someone out to take care of it fast! Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

When the freezer started to turn frozen ice cream into strawberry shakes, I called Home Service Club. It was the second appliance that broke down this year. The home warranty plan is a lifesaver! Thank you HSC.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My alarm system kept summoning the alarm monitoring company. I found out then that they will not fix the alarm system. I just pay them to monitor, not to maintain the system. I was frustrated, I thought it was a strange policy. I called Home Service Club. They sent a tech guy to fix my wiring. I think I will be changing my monitoring company now. I am keeping Home Service Club.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We live way outside of town. We like to recycle and we are glad we have a recycling program for our town. We have to deliver our own recycling to a dumpster provided by the city. When we lost the use of the trash compactor it was a problem. We have a home warranty plan with Home Service Club. We used our plan and the unit was replaced. The company did exactly what they said they would do.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I got the service contract when I purchased my home. I asked for a sample contract but all they would provide me with was a brochure. My home inspector did a functionality test and determined the A.C. to be working as designed. It continued to work for 6 months and then quit. I requested a repair and then had to wait for 2 weeks before they could find a technician and get him to my home. I've since learned that many professionals won't work with home service companies because they want to say what they will pay. The tech determined the compressor had gone out and because the unit was 18 years old recommended replacement instead of repair.

More than a week went by and finally I called them to find out what they were going to do. The person handling my claim said they had determined it to be a pre-existing condition. I pointed out that the inspector determined it to working properly and they said something had to be wrong for it to go out 6 months into the contract and instead of paying the $2.500, a limit not mentioned in the brochure, they would only pay $1,000 as a pre-existing condition.

I pressed for details and they said the inspector said some things needed to be done. All he mentioned was I should pour a cup of vinegar down the condensation drain line every 3 months. Based on their figures after their $1000 contribution I would owe about $6000. I contacted a local A.C. man and he gave me a bid of $4590 for the same work. Clearly they jacked up the price to cover their part. I would not recommend this company to anyone. There are better home service companies out there and even if they are a little higher at least they cover you when you break down.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We are a family of 5 with four very insistent Jack Russel terriers. I love them all but they are a very messy group. The dogs are happy but I need my dishwasher. I used my warranty plan from The Home Service Club so that I can find my kitchen again. Thanks HSC!

Samantha Banks

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My pipes to the washer burst from the cold at the first time it dropped below freezing this year. I have used Home Service Club in the past but I was especially grateful to have them for this problem. I would not have wanted to have to crawl into the spaces that this plumber had to struggle to get to. But the job got done and the warranty has paid itself off yet again!

Samantha Banks

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Our refrigerator stopped working and we had to put what we could in a cooler. We have a Home Service Club for our appliances warranty. We were able to get an appointment pretty quickly. The service guy had the part that they needed to fix the refrigerator so we didn't have to wait for any return trips. We replenished the refrigerator the same day. Thanks to HSC.

Samantha Banks

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I made the biggest mistake to my poor in-law’s washing machine. I didn’t sort the laundry when I was over there house sitting. My son’s toy ended up in the wash and it was one of those expandable in water things that led to broken up in water after the spin cycle into the rinse. Then it was clogging the machine. Thankfully, my in-laws had me call the warranty company who made arrangements to get it cleaned out. The tech was also kind enough to teach me how to do it, in the event it should happen again. I bought a plan for us after we were home again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

If you are looking for a home warranty company that provides any service and doesn't just bill you a monthly amount but refuses to provide any service. This is not the company you should hire. If you want to pay for nothing at all then contract this company. You will be billed every month and you will experience the satisfaction of paying your bill while receiving absolutely no services. When you call them you will spend a lot of time online, then be promised a call back regarding services and technicians. That call will not happen.

Technicians will not materialize and you will be back to square one. No service. That's what you pay for when you hire this home warranty company. That's what we received when we made claims about our air conditioning, a plumbing issue and an electrical issue. On all three counts they failed to provide technicians or service. We ended up spending tons of time on the phone with them trying to access the service we paid for and then paying for service out of pocket because the company did not follow through.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

You never know if a company is going to be worth the cost of the warranty. The Home Service Club has been true to their word each time I required their services. I am going to upgrade my warranty plan this year. I appreciate the piece of mind that I have with HSC.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have a woodworking shop where I make custom furniture from home. I work with some pretty toxic chemicals. I have an exhaust system set up so I can do my work safely. When the system broke down in the middle of a project I couldn't work. The customer I was working with was a little fussy and I didn't want to disappoint them. I called Home Service Club. They came out and found the problem. Thanks to some great contractors, I was back to work in no time. My customer was able to get what they needed on time. The HSC contractors were fast and efficient.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am a baker. We are coming into the holiday season. My friends and family expect my holiday gifts to be edible. Nothing was baking at the right temperature. I called Home Service Club. When the service technician looked at my oven he was not sure if it could be fixed. He took the time to really research the part that the oven required. They found the part and it was installed. I am so happy that I have my oven back with plenty of time before I start my holiday baking.

The Home Service Club expert review by Michele Lerner

The Home Service Club (HSC) offers home warranty plans in 48 states and prides itself on offering innovative services such as allowing consumers to monitor a repair status by logging into their own online account.

• Trade service fees: HSC guarantees their service work for 30 days for labor and 90 days for parts, so if a problem isn’t resolved the first time you won’t have to pay another service fee.

• Fee payment options: Consumers can choose a home warranty plan with a service fee of $65, $95 or $125; the higher the fee, the lower the annual premium for the warranty.

• High limits for covered items: HSC limits up to $2500 for heating and air conditioning systems, higher than most home warranty companies.

• Limited hours for service calls: Unlike most home warranty companies, HSC only accepts phone calls from 9 to 5 weekdays; you can make an online request at any time but won’t be able to reach a person unless you call during business hours.

• Cancellation fee: If you cancel more than 30 days after you start the policy and have had a service call, the company will charge you a $45 fee.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
    Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

The Home Service Club Company Information