Call toll free
4.24/5
Based on 3,004 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Select Home warranty provides AC, heat, and appliance coverage, a 30-day free trial period, and a low monthly cost. Contact us today to work with a best-in-service company to protect your home.

BBBB Rating
View More View More

5474 Select Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 6 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I was looking for a home warranty plan and came across Select Home Warranty. The gentleman that I spoke to was very helpful in answering my questions and the plan met my needs. I also am appreciative that their service fee is less than what other companies offer, especially for people living on a fixed income. I would recommend others to speak with them, before purchasing from a different company. Also, the gentleman e-mailed me a copy of the contract right away, so that I could review.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I made a claim for my Water Heater Leak at home. I understand as per our policyholder agreement I am not eligible for the claim. I appreciate for the prompt response and explaining the reasons for turning down my claim. The lady who answered to my call was very polite and helpful. There was a guy came to inspect this damaged on the same day. He was very professional. He took time to check the water heater and did his inspection according to our best satisfaction. I have no complaints.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

He was very helpful. A very good salesman. And he was very persuasive. He had great customer service. And made the experience easy to understand. He talked me through every single step of the way. I would definitely recommend to a friend. Everything was great. I loved it. I give him five stars for everything. Like customer service, and value, and coverage. Overall this person helped me with all I could even ask for!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I called to follow up on the status of a ticket I have open for several days for HVAC issues at my rental home. The technician's recommendation was to replace the thermostat as soon as possible. There was some communication breakdown between the contractor & Select Home Warranty and the issue wasn't resolved for a few weeks. The agent I spoke to did some derailed research & was finally able to give me an update & reassured me that the problem will be taken care of by next Monday (in 3 days)!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Initially, I was impressed with the prompt responses from the representatives. My experience with enrolling with Select Home Warranty was very easy and pleasant. There are different plans to cater to families that are cost efficient. Bruce was very helpful in choosing the right plan for my home. He was very thorough. I am now less worried and have a peace of mind, just case those unwanted and unexpected breakdowns occur in my home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I was looking for another home warranty and found that Select was more affordable and also had free limited roof coverage. I looked online at reviews which all seemed good so I decided to purchase. The only con was how many sales reps reached out to me via phone and email to try to get me to sign up. It almost felt like I was being harassed to sign up. I called one of the sales Reps back and he was very friendly and quick to sign me up. He even worked with my budget. I did ask him to take me off of their call list though because I was sick of being contacted. I haven’t used the service yet but it’s nice to know we are covered if something does go wrong.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have used other home warranty company before I bought Select Home. I really like the coverage and the rep on the phone was very helpful in answering my questions, especially they tried to address my concerns as being a new customer. I am looking forward to working with the company and try out their services. I purchased a 5 year plan and I hope to have a positive working relationship with Select Home Warranty.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Started to look into other home warranty options after our premiums on an existing home warranty began to increase year by year. Needed a better/more cost effective solution. Jonathan ** was a great resource in setting up my select home warranty. Did a great job of explaining all options and getting me the best coverage for my needs. Would recommend him others looking into home warranty coverage. Have not yet made a claim so hopefully their claims process goes as smoothly as their purchase process.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been looking for a home warranty that covered our well. My husband is off a lot and I have been worrying about the fact somethings around here I would be worried about getting them fix if something needed repair while he was gone. With the wonderful back up I get from having warranty coverage I know I will have some support if something goes down while he is gone. This coverage offers me a lot of peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Company sales rep was motivated and knowledgeable. He spoke a little fast but answered any questions I had in depth when asked. I will see if it is worth the price as time goes on. They have the better reviews and pricing of all similar companies in the area. I have just purchased a 3 year plan with a free 6 months added coverage, this promotion also covers my roof for the term of this coverage at no additional cost.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Chase was very professional and helped immensely with understanding your company and the benefits of enrolling. Thanks Chase, I'm in and look forward to a great relationship. I just hope that all you said about this company is true and binding. I researched all the warranty companies and yours was rated second to AHS but I had heard that AHS was very selective in how they serviced the warranty and what they would cover and not cover. I am not a rich man and need to have this great coverage at an awesome price which you quoted. Thanks again for offering me the discounts and ensuring I would be pleased with your company.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This was not disclosed to me. At this time, even though I am not looking for a refund, because I want the coverage, I was told I could get a refund after 30 days, nothing more. This information below should have been released to me. "After 30 days, the customer may receive a pro-rated refund for the non-discounted annual plan cost. The customer will be charged a $75 cancellation fee, plus any service expenses incurred by Select Home Warranty."

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Sam ** was great. No pushy sales -- just very knowledgeable and easy going! The representative gave me his phone number and time to think about the different offers and told me to call back when I was ready. Do not call other companies. Their prices are higher and they are very pushy. Moreover, Select Home Warranty is veteran-friendly with a great reputation all over the Internet. Both Sam and Select Home Warranty get 5-stars!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Select Home Warranty acted on this request for service and repairs immediately sending out to us a very competent contractor. Kingdom Electric, the Contractor sent out, was prompt and gave excellent service including giving us priority in the schedule in case we had a fire hazard. We are very pleased with all those involved. Electrical problems can be a fire hazard and having a Warranty Company that sends out quality contractors that provide a quick response, makes Select Home Warranty Services well worth having. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Satisfied with the help the representative provided. He was very knowledgeable about the coverage. Rep was courteous with providing me info on multiple packages. Rep walked through each of the packages and helped me pick the best one for my needs. I checked with several other companies regarding a home warranty and Select offers the best value. I'm looking forward to working with Select home warranty on any repairs that may come up and I'm confident that their level of professionalism will continue.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

After committing to a five year term, one of the exclusions in the contract made me nervous so I called to cancel. The customer service retention rep Ron helped fix the issue and I hope to have 5 years with no issues. Definitely when you order the service make sure you voice your concerns so that you give the company a chance to earn your business. Definitely would recommend anyone look into this for warranty coverage.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I’ve just been offered a deal of a lifetime! 6 years at $312 a year for the PLATINUM package! Can’t beat that. Lots of perks for over age 55, teachers, military, etc. Free 1 year coverage with 5 year contract plus discount! With a 5+ Year contract, it locks in rates indefinitely! How can I say no to this offer?! It all took just 5 minutes of my time. Lots of coverage and only $45 service call.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My time with Select Home Warranty has been nothing short of superb. When I signed up with them in 2017 I liked what they had to offer. In this year they still deliver on their promises quality repairs. I have called once for unexpected service and got quick and straight forward response. My experience with Select Home Warranty has been good so far. I like their response time and they are very easy to approach.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I spent five minutes with Richard ** on the phone, got a $150 discount on their Platinum plan and 14 months service for the price of 12. Title company was happy, lender was happier. Looking forward to never having to use it, but comfortable that if I do, they'll deliver. The policy covers everything I could imagine needing, and there are options that I could add in the future. I'll be happy to refer them to my friends and business associates.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They provided superior coverage in comparison to competitors. Coverage of more areas of my home for a lower overall cost on my behalf. Select also provided coverage of my septic and sprinkler systems. I would definitely recommend Select to a friend. Only advice I would offer is that not every customer wants phone calls and text messages on a product 60 seconds after looking it up. Overall very good product. Will keep Select for many years to come.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Daniel was a great sales rep. He was able to answer to all my questions... I was not ready to enroll in a warranty yet but Daniel ** sold me out. Great personality. He went the extra mile for me. Thanks Daniel **. Great customer services... Definitely, I will recommend him anytime... He explain all the detail about the warranty. Thanks for your help. Keep up the good job, Daniel **.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Bruce was very personable and knowledgeable when discussing the details of the various plans. We have had some problems with the reliability of previous home warranty companies. He immediately put my mind at ease. We chose the Platinum Care for its coverage of all the major systems at a reasonable price. We also added the pool and spa coverage at an additional fair rate. I feel confident Select will promptly handle our warranty issues if a problem arises for years to come. Thanks, Bruce!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Bruce ** was fantastic. He took the time to explain everything to me and was extremely helpful. He went over different coverage options and payment plans to help me select the right one for me. He is the primary reason I went with Select Home Warranty. Hopefully I will not need to use this very often, but after speaking with Bruce, I am confident that you will stand by your services.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

What sold me for purchasing this warranty was the exceptional help I received from Zachary. Zachary was very clear in explaining the coverages, and how their company offered water sprinkler system coverages as an add on as others do not offer. This was a huge sell for me. Also; the service calls would be $45 less than other companies. He worked with me as I explained to him I just retired and I am on a fixed income. I hope I will not need to use the insurance, but it gives me peace of mind to know I have it in case I ever need it. Thank you, Zachary.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The representative was friendly and professional. Kevin ** was able to answer all my questions regarding the home warranty that Select Home Warranty offered. He offered special deals depending on our status. Not having used them before I cannot talk on how they handle calls for service or handle claims. It appears to be pretty straightforward. At this point I would recommend a friend. Hoping all works according to the information I was given.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I used my service for the 1st time last weekend, I called at 1:00 am reporting heat pump issue on Saturday, got the call from a contractor at 10:00 am the next day with email verification early in the day. The contractor showed up on Monday and had to return back the next day for few testings. Turns out my thermostat had to be reset. The repair only required the thermostat to be reset, and I am up and running as of today. Thank you, for the quick response!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Nathan ** was very professional, and courteous. He explained everything we would get, and made us feel comfortable as to the authenticity of his company. The rates for our policy are lower than any other warranty company we checked with. Thank you so much for the great service. We just recommended a family member, and they got the same great deal. Hopefully we have many years of worry free issues. This policy is saving us thousands of dollars, and giving us peace of mind that when something breaks, we will have great service, and the repair will be painless. We would recommend Select Home Warranty to all our friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

In applying for a Select Home Warranty I found the customer representative to be very fast, very helpful, and knowledgable. He answered all of my questions and easily set up contracts for two separate homes. I believe the programs for both of my homes is a good value and I look forward to the peace of mind Select Home Warranty will give me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Zachary was excellent in giving me multiple options and working so hard for our family. He answered all of my (many) questions, and was patient in doing so! I also like printing off the contract and coverage described for our home. I like immediate feedback and documentation provided. I highly recommend your customer service, especially Zachary! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your awesome company! I will definitely recommend your company to anyone searching for a lot of coverage and a great experience for a great price!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They got back with you right away. It was easy set up and the coverage was good then I added my second home and got a discount price so overall I would rate them at five and it’s nice not to have to worry about anything breaking down that you can just make a phone call and somebody will be here soon as possible. And plus I checked the reviews online and they all have good reviews so that made me feel good about picking them.

Select Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Headquartered in New Jersey, Select Home Warranty offers three simple home warranty plans to fit every homeowner’s needs and budget. The company has a network of more than 10,000 local contractors available to provide fast, quality service to their customers.

• Accessibility: Customers can call or email for service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Non-emergency calls are scheduled within a maximum of two business days when service is requested on a weekday, or four business days if the call is made on a weekend or holiday.

• Low service fee: While service fees vary slightly according to your plan, they’re usually as low as $60.

• High HVAC coverage limits: Select Home Warranty’s $2,000 coverage limit on HVAC systems is one of the highest in the industry.

• Optional coverage add-ons: Add on additional coverage for areas that need it, including your pool, second refrigerator, sump pump, ice maker, spa and more.

• Multiple year coverage discount: Customers who opt for multiple year coverage are eligible for a discount. Contact a representative to find out how much you can save.

• Best for: homeowners, buyers, sellers and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Select Home Warranty Company Information