Call toll free

View More View More

3567 Select Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 6 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was very impressed with the amount of coverage provided for the annual cost. Select Home Warranty is very competitive and comprehensive. The agent, Zachary **, was full of information and very helpful. He answered all my questions and provided written confirmation in the form of email to verify the coverage I would receive. I was impressed with the items included on the list, which covers major things the air conditioning and heating, washer and dryer, refrigerator and ice maker, on down to ceiling fans.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My customer service rep was very nice, informative, but not pushy. I feel like he helped me get the best plan that I could based on the amount of coverage I was most comfortable with and the amount of money I spend. Since I had just bought the house, money was kind of tight and he worked with what I was willing and needed. While I hope I never have to use your services, it is very comforting to know it is there.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The customer service representative Sam ** is very patient to tell me about different warranty plans, how it works, what they cover as well as some promotions they are running in my area. His responsible service attitude left a very good impression on me. I sincerely hope I am satisfied with their repair service in the upcoming days. I believe the Select Home Warranty is one of the top home warranty companies in the U.S.A. and I will recommend it to my friends.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Bruce was kind and courteous and guided me through my options. He did not push or Force any sales, but help educate me as to what my best option would be. I really appreciate the rate that I received and I'm looking forward to joining Select! I had been with another home warranty service beforehand and I realize that I have been overpaying for no reason. Although I hope not to need them, it is relieving to know that I am covered for the next three and a half years.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Bruce was wonderful, explained everything to us, so we could get the best plan available. Took his time, we thank you all very much for having Bruce there for us to let us know the options we have for the best policy available to us and to know the differences between them. Also to know which discounts apply to us. We are so happy to learn that your company has been the best company to have for a home warranty service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I would like to take is time to thank Bruce ** for his step by step guidance in processing my request. He was very knowledgeable in the process of the warranty information and his drive to get me all the discount possible was refreshing for a change. He was very patience and forthcoming with any of questions or concerns that I had with the warranty. He should be highly commended for his customer service skills.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

After inquiring online this morning, Brad ** called me within 10 minutes. Brad is amazing and a true asset to your Company. He not only answered every question I had, he provided additional information which resulted in me purchasing the policy I had inquired about, switching another one of my homes to your company and committed to him to switch 6 more homes as their warranties expire. He is the BEST! His professionalism and expertise were greatly appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

After having a disappointing experience with another home warranty company, I began my search for a new company for a home I am purchasing in Forney, Texas. After comparing numerous companies online, I chose 3. Select Home Warranty was the most responsive, with an immediate callback. Working with Adam, I received very thorough coverage at an extremely competitive price. I look forward to working with Select Home Warranty for at least the next five years. (Oops, make that six, I forgot the free year!)

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

David was very helpful on the phone and explained everything in detail. I am very happy with the plan I got and prices seem to be excellent. When comparing prices with other home warranty companies, it could not beat the prices or coverage. I got a 6 year warranty plus roof leak coverage for the amount of about 3 years of service through other service companies. I would recommend Select to anyone needing a home warranty service company.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I received great service from Daniel **, today. He answered all my questions and gave me all of my options :). A+ And I had a lot of questions!! He explained everything so I knew what was covered. What I love is that I can use one of my own contractors if I want!!! Would definitely recommend.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I would recommend this company to my friends, and family. Excellent customer service! The pricing was better than the competition. The representative took the necessary time to go over all the options with us to make sure we got the best coverage for our needs. I like that they ask all of the qualifying questions about your new home to ensure that you get the best coverage. My representative also called me back to go over some additional offers. This company is also lower than the competition.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I always receive good service from Select Home Warranty. And the price cannot be beat! I initially signed up for a 2 year contract which was about to expire, so, I just renewed for another 6 years and added coverage for my pool. I've recommended this company to many friends and family and will continue to do so. I've had to use my warranty for a few different things, and have always had a positive experience. Also, their service fees are lower than any other home warranty company I checked with. I love the peace of mind I have by having Select Home Warranty.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Rated # 1 and used to have them as a home warranty company in the home we used to own and they were always prompt and helpful. No matter what time of day or night. Wish I had renewed our policy. Which is why we are coming back now to renew our home warranty. I just can't say enough to praise Select Home Warranty group. They are rated number 1 for a reason they send someone out on a call any day or time of day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Kevin made the entire process of obtaining a home warranty policy very simple and easy. He explained all my options and quickly processed my request. Seems like Select Home Warranty will really take some of the worry of being a first time home warranty off of my shoulders. I will recommend the service to other people as needed.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have been very pleased with Select Home Warranty as it is very easy to talk to a REAL PERSON, vs. NEVER being able to do so for ANY reason with my previous company. I spoke with 2 gentlemen, David and Yeri. They listened, treated me with respect, and met my needs immediately. The policy is much less than my previous company, also, and the service call fee is substantially less. I am happy to have found this company and see why their Google rating remains so high.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We had a very nice service technician repair our leak and he did a great job. He came at the appointed time and repaired the problem in less than one hour. It was our first time using our contract and all went well. If this is how it’ll be using our new home service contract, we’ll be happy to spread the words to our family and friends about our experience. Thanks for the professionalism. Keep up the good work!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The salesman, Jeff **, was helpful in taking my phone calls and discussing the program with me. He was also helpful in explaining options and reviewing coverage. He was prompt in following up on our inquiry and e-mailed us and called me several times. He carefully reviewed the pricing and term length options. He also allowed me to put him on hold after he offered additional time to review the pricing and term length options and to discuss the pricing and term options with my spouse for input and decision. He promptly sent the contract documents for our review.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The call was answered and processed without an issue. I have received a $100 toward a new garbage disposal, but have not yet received information as to the technician assigned to the claim. I will wait a day before contacting Select in hopes that a follow up email with that information will be forthcoming. I am assuming I will pay my flat fee per contract to have the installation done and that the $100 goes towards the cost of the actual unit. Slightly confusing, but pleased with the prompt response and good customer service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The sales rep, Kevin, was very knowledgeable and very accommodating, helpful, and gave us good options for the home warranty. He was very thorough and explained how the warranty works. He sounds sincere and honest. We may add another home after the existing warranty expires. It seems we are getting a good value for this home warranty. Kevin was patient when my sister and I were deciding to what is the best option to take. I hope the service call if we use this warranty lives up to their reputation.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Fred was very helpful and knowledgeable about the warranty I was looking to purchase. He took his time and helped me to understand the difference between the different warranties. Pandor stood each warranty and what I was looking for and the payment that I could afford to pay each month. I really hope that I am happy with my choice and I look forward to doing business with you. Thank you Fred for your advice, patience and knowledge about the warranty I chose.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Prompt call made after inquiry. Full explanation. David, was willing to answer any questions and give full attention to my desires. The policy seems to have everything I would need and the value was excellent. The procedure was simple and easy and the benefits will hopefully be worth this. The offer of extra months added to the policy was a very good incentive along with the deductible and other costs. After checking the costs and coverages of other companies this one appears to be one of the better ones.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Excellent first call, Johnhan was very professional and knowledgeable about the company services. Explained the different options and price points. I’m satisfied with the service, and would recommend Select Home Warranty to my family and friends. We are moving from MN to AZ the end of August. We are Looking forward to a long successful relationship for both of us. Thanks for all your help and looking forward to working with Select Home Warranty. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

After receiving horrible customer service from American Home Shield I reviewed a bunch of other companies and Select came out the best. The customer service was awesome. There are not a lot of companies that cover salt pools and I was happy that you do. Another thing that made me happy to do business with your company is because you offer a military discount and that is a major thing to me. I always spend my money with companies that support me and others that serve. The last thing that sealed the deals was the low service call fee. Other companies charge you an arm and a leg for the contract and only offer to bring the price down if you agree to a high service call fee. The whole conversation with the agent was a true testament to commitment to give great service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The rep answered all questions, filed my service request and sent me an email outlining my contract. So far so good. He led me to believe I will be contacted tomorrow to schedule an appointment for service. We have a failed air conditioner and cannot stay in our home in the summer months without it working properly. Rapid response is important to us. We are senior citizens and the heat gets to us easily. A service call today would have been preferred but as it is Sunday we could not expect it.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Very helpful and courteous. Made buying hassle free by answering all questions. Would rate value 10 stars if I could. Was getting quotes and you guys had 100 off but when Jeff called he told me there was another 100 off and lower service fee. Even though I did not buy home yet I was told I could cancel if I did not get and could wait to start policy when I did. Just could not go wrong and may just purchase another year warranty after this one is over. I never needed warranty on last home I bought but nice to know it is there and would call Jeff in a second.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

William ** called in response to my inquiry for a home warranty. He was very polite and professional in his demeanor and worked with me to get the best bang for the buck with my limited income. He was also very patient and understanding in answering all of my questions and putting any concerns that I had to rest. I would definitely recommend Select Home Warranty and William ** to anyone wanting or needing a home warranty.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Sol ** was very kind and professional. Right away he understood what I need and immediately we start an application. The whole application process took only a few minutes. I wish that your whole selling staff have the same professional skills as Sol **. Now only waiting for the Warranty Policy which should be emailed in 2 hours. I am very satisfied with the service Sol ** provided. I will be recommending your company to my Realtor's Associates. Keep continuing doing a good job.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

The entire process was direct, simple and straightforward. It gives me a ton of comfort knowing that after a big move, I don't need to stress about unexpected repairs! The entire process was very user friendly and I took comfort in seeing the Select Home Warranty reviews and ratings. Sales and support staff were great. I will definitely recommend Select Home Warranty to a friend since it was a friend who recommended them to me.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was able to quickly remedy my question. I look forward to a great year with your company. I am a single mother who is also taking care of three grandchildren until their father reunites with them from Sweden. This protection will truly help my family.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Wanted to add our well pump to our policy. We bought our first house this year and we can't afford for issues to be a bother. Our realtor told us about getting a home warranty and when speaking to other people it's been a good idea. We can have peace of mind knowing that when and if we need to do repairs or an emergency should come up we have this insurance to help out.

Select Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Headquartered in New Jersey, Select Home Warranty offers three simple home warranty plans to fit every homeowner’s needs and budget. The company has a network of more than 10,000 local contractors available to provide fast, quality service to their customers.

• Accessibility: Customers can call or email for service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Non-emergency calls are scheduled within a maximum of two business days when service is requested on a weekday, or four business days if the call is made on a weekend or holiday.

• Low service fee: While service fees vary slightly according to your plan, they’re usually as low as $60.

• High HVAC coverage limits: Select Home Warranty’s $2,000 coverage limit on HVAC systems is one of the highest in the industry.

• Optional coverage add-ons: Add on additional coverage for areas that need it, including your pool, second refrigerator, sump pump, ice maker, spa and more.

• Multiple year coverage discount: Customers who opt for multiple year coverage are eligible for a discount. Contact a representative to find out how much you can save.

• Best for: homeowners, buyers, sellers and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Select Home Warranty Company Information

1 International Blvd #400
Mahwah
NJ
www.selecthomewarranty.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business