toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a/c issues throughout the house. I called SHW right away as the summer was getting very hot. They sent someone right away to diagnose and repair my issue. The contractor was very thorough and explained everything. I was very pleased with the service I got from the contractor and SHW.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My stove was not working properly. A contractor was hired and sent to my house. The contractor said that a part needed to be replaced in the unit. He was able to get the part approved by SHW and it was replaced as soon as he was able to get the part and come back to my house to make repairs. The service was excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I submitted a washing machine claim 3 weeks ago. The technician that was hired to repair the machine was very professional, courteous and respectful. He explained everything that he was doing and what he needed to make sure the machine worked like new again. Once the repairs were done he made sure to run the machine a full cycle before leaving making sure there were no problems.

I make it a point to include the home service in my annual budget. The renewal does not pinch this way. I am glad that I do it despite the fact that we typically file a claim once in two years. One costly claim is enough to offset the premium of the two years.

My hot water heater was leaking and creating a messy pool. The expert at Select Home Warranty said that it needed a replacement. An estimate was submitted to the home service company and I got the replacement. I could not be more satisfied.

I am a realtor and I have experienced a number of home warranty companies. This company has excellent customer service and a bunch of good service companies associated with it. I hope the good work continues and I keep up the recommendation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great job done by the service technicians who repaired and replaced my broken appliances. The service contract is almost over as it was paid for by the previous owner. My wife and I are seriously considering renewals. Multiple Claims made nice.

When the central heating broke down I was a worried man. A call to the company in the morning ensured that I had the technician on the job very soon. I was really impressed when I had my central heating running before the night set in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with the Home warranty company has been good. The service call scheduling is simple by way of phone or website. The contractor response has also been quick and the attitude has been positive. I must say we have encountered professional and courteous behavior. Trusted service company.

I had bought this old property and was worried about the equipment in use. I must appreciate that the service provided was worth the premium I paid for it. Prompt service and technical expertise are the hallmark of the company. Recommended for all vintage property buyers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought the house way back in 2012 and the warranty for the first year was packaged along with it. We used the warranty a number of times in the very first year and we were thankful for the service. We have been renewing the warranty every year as we have to have the assurance that the repairs are carried out in the right manner in the least possible time.

The best part that I like about this home service is that they allow me to choose my contractor. The reimbursement arrives in a few days. Dependable service. I am going to be with this Home Service for years to come.

When I subscribed to the Select Home Warranty, I was worried about the documentation and difficulty I would face in dealing with the company. I was amazed to find how easy it was to file a claim and get the favorable results.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One can have nightmares if his garbage disposal conks out. The Home service however did not let it happen. The plumber was deputed in the next three hours. Part replacement was organised by the next day. System was operational and running again in 28 hours. Couldn't have expected a better performance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service technician told me that the repair of the washer is going to be expensive and not worth it. I called up the home warranty company who gave me a check to get another washer. Thank you for being considerate.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Absolutely fantastic repair of my heating system that malfunctioned during the winter months. Select took 1 day to get an incredibly professional technical pro out. Tom was one spectacular guy and fixed it all and went on his merry way and I saved a ton.

When the sales person called for the Home Warranty plan I was hesitant. It was only after I spend a fortune on repair of my daily use equipment like microwave oven, air conditioner and washing machine, did I realize my folly and call back. With a 3 year Home service plan paid for up front, I am better off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I did not have a home warranty plan, I was paying for every repair through my nose. The sump pump repair cost me a staggering $750. I thought, I should have purchased a new one instead. A $50 service call fee with $40 for changed parts was all it cost me under the plan. I deeply regret the $660 loss I made by not taking the plan earlier on.

I called in about my Over the Stove Convection Microwave Oven, because it stopped working. They told me it was because of its age. I was only going to get a lousy $95.00 to replace that one. Well, a brand new one like mine is in the range of $398/498. This company sucks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After 2 years of paying this company, I made my first claim. And after 2 weeks of making a claim on my clothes dryer, I still have NOT received service! I was told when I got this policy that there were plenty of technicians in my area. Well as of now they are saying there are no service technicians in my area and that I need to find one and contact them to make sure they will approve for repairs. I PAID this company to do the leg work for me. And after 5 phone calls and numerous people that were spoken to that assured me this would be on priority and taken care of quickly. NOTHING! WHAT DID I PAY SELECT HOME WARRANTY FOR??? WHAT IF IT HAD BEEN MY AC UNIT? I have yet to get a resolution from them or even an email or call back. I will let everyone know not to ever use this company! American Home Shield was the best just more expensive. But guess you get what you pay for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Today, I called Select Home warranty for the first time for a quote. The customer service Rep (Adam) lost me as a potential customer. After he explained the plan to me he wanted me to give him my credit card information. I then explained that it was not a good time and would have to call him back because I did not have the information at that time. Adam continued to ask for the financial information- and explaining that I could get $100 off the price if I would pay now because the deal is only for the first 25-50 customers who call in first. I explained to him that I would need call back or if could send me an email, Adam continued to ask for the financial information. I explained that I felt that he was pressuring me to pay now.

Adam became very upset because I mentioned that he was pressuring me and started arguing with me and talking over me. This was so unprofessional and rude. Customer service forgets that it is the customer who makes the business. Short tempered, He then didn't want to talk anymore and told me to have wonderful day. I called back 2 more times and spoke with a female CSR, she hung up on me when I explained the nature of what happened with Adam. I called back a 3rd time and spoke with Dillan. Dillan offered to transfer me to a Manager but he never came back to the line... Select Home Warranty could have had a new customer and blew the opportunity and made the company look really bad.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I put in a service call for a pool pump that was acting funny. The pump is only a few years old but I called Select anyway. Select dispatched a local pool guy to my home. The pump ended up needing two parts replaced and it also needed a cleaning. Select covered the parts but I was responsible for the cleaning. This was ok for me.

I am satisfied with select as my warranty service plan. They covered my AC system in full on an AC blowout that I had. Select was easy to work with and didn't look for reasons to deny my claim. I am happy about this and will continue to use them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim online for my stove. A technician came to my house and told me that I needed a part to fix the heating issue. He called Select when we was in my house and they gave approval to repair the issue. The stove works very good now. I am happy with how my claim was handled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have had this company for about one year, I signed up for a two year plan. We had a claim early spring for our furnace and one for our freezer. It took them weeks, literally, to get back in touch with us. After many calls they finally set up a repairman. The repairman did not show up for his appointment because he went out of town and did not want to come back that day. He proceeded to have his friend come out in his place. The freezer is now broken worse than when we started. No response from SHW, it has been months.

Onto our current claim - I have been trying since July 21st to get somebody to my home for electrical that stopped working. I have called several times, each call is nothing less than 45 minutes, with no resolution. I get emails saying dispatch is too busy, and on the calls I am told that dispatch cannot find an electrician in the state of Iowa to help me. I can hire my own with a $100 budget. Anyone on earth knows it cost more than $100 to even have an electrician even step foot in your home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been waiting for over 2 weeks just to have electric outlets checked out that don't work. I've only gotten an email saying their Dispatch Dept. is backed up and that I can find my own repairman with a $100 limit on repair and would have to get authorization for anything over that. Forget that!!! I called them and they didn't seem interested in helping. What if it had been a major repair??? Seems like they're only interested in your money... Needless to say I have cancelled my policy... BEWARE!

Our air conditioning totally breakdown on us on a very hot day. We called Select in a panic. They assured us we were a top priority. We ended up getting serviced the same day and they got our air working again. Pleasantly surprised how this went down.

I had a great experience with Select. I needed a repair done to my roof. My policy did have the free Todd coverage promo. Select fixed the leak with one of the roofers they had in the area. Great deal. I got free roof coverage and they actually fixed it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just received my reimbursement check from Select. My claim was approved two weeks ago and they sent me my check early. I am happy about this as I need the money to pay for other bills. Thank you Select for understanding my situation and helping me out.

I had a recurring ac issue for years. I signed up with Select because they said they do cover pre-existing issues. They sent the ac contractor to figure out what was wrong. Finally after 2 years of trying to fix this. Select did it. I am very happy with this.

Factual basis uncertain

I first contacted Select Home Warranty regarding my AC Unit not cooling properly on 7-3-2017. I was told and I understood that due to the holiday it would take a few days to process the claim. I then received an email on July 6, stating that they are very backed up and in an effort to expedite the repair, I should hire my own contractor to come out and evaluate the issue. I did that, I had a technician come out on 7-14-2017. He serviced my unit, I paid out of pocket for that. The technician then stated the problem as shredded ductwork. (Ok, how'd that happen?)

Well, what now. I call SHW back, inform them of the diagnosis, they in turn state the work will not be covered due to rust. Understand I have the same repair slip that was emailed to SHW and there's nothing regarding rust on the repair slip, or the repair quote. I have spent literally HOURS on the phone with different reps at SHW (because you can never speak to the same rep twice) and whatever you do don't think you will speak with anyone who can speak English clearly. Every single person I spoke with, with the exception of one, had a very strong foreign accent, which would be fine if they could be more clear.

At any rate, my issue was never resolved and I was denied service because the item "not covered" under the platinum plan, which I chose specifically to cover every need that may arise. After a month of dealing with this, I decided to cancel the policy. The "Supervisor" was "kind enough" to waive the cancellation fee of $75. But refused any type of refund. Because I "had coverage". NEVER AGAIN, I will make sure every person I know and meet, will know to never use SHW for their home warranty needs.

When my pool heat stopped working I filed a claim with Select. Taking of the claim was real easy and they sent a contractor pretty quick. The contractor came out and fixed the heater by replacing one of the heating parts. Good company to work with.

I placed a claim for a plumbing problem in my home. Select send out a great plumber all water plumbing to fix the problem. The problem was a backup in the basement. I am very happy they got on it so fast otherwise my basement would have had a flood.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile