toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a/c issues throughout the house. I called SHW right away as the summer was getting very hot. They sent someone right away to diagnose and repair my issue. The contractor was very thorough and explained everything. I was very pleased with the service I got from the contractor and SHW.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My stove was not working properly. A contractor was hired and sent to my house. The contractor said that a part needed to be replaced in the unit. He was able to get the part approved by SHW and it was replaced as soon as he was able to get the part and come back to my house to make repairs. The service was excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I submitted a washing machine claim 3 weeks ago. The technician that was hired to repair the machine was very professional, courteous and respectful. He explained everything that he was doing and what he needed to make sure the machine worked like new again. Once the repairs were done he made sure to run the machine a full cycle before leaving making sure there were no problems.

I am happy. Select did a great job with my service call. I had low expectations being that this is my 4th home warranty company in the last 5 years. Select did the job, I hope this type of service will continue.

I am glad I have this policy that I bought with my home. Recently I had to use the service for the first time. The process was quick and easy. The service representatives on the phone and the ones that come to the house were good. My oven is now working fine. I would have liked more updates along the way. Otherwise no issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Select Home Warranty to file a claim for my dryer as it was not drying the clothing. The representative took down my claim information and told me that a contractor will be in touch with me. The contractor called me several hours later and scheduled an appointment for the next morning. The contractor was very professional and repaired my dryer the same visit. I was only responsible for my service call fee. I am very happy with how my claim was handled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim online for the sprinkler system. The sprinkler contractor came to the house and found the cause of the issue. He repaired the sprinklers the same day and everything works very well now. The overall service has been very satisfactory.

I am impressed with the Select service that I received for a broken down water heater. I noticed one day that I did not have hot water. I placed a claim thru emailing Select. Select called me to get some more details about my situation. Select then sent out a plumber to look at and repair the unit. I have had no issues since then.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I highly recommend Select Home Warranty. My washer claim was processed very fast. The technician arrived to the home on time and was very polite and professional. He maintained a clean work environment and made sure the machine was in working order before leaving.

I have been signed up with Select since 2015. I just renewed my policy because they have taken care of my property for the last couple years. I am happy with the service. So far they have not let me down.

I am writing my review in appreciation that Select came thru for me on my claim. Our air system went out when it was very hot and we needed a fix in an emergency. We called into the Select claims line and got someone right away. There was almost no hold time anytime that I called. My air was back on in one day's time. I was very impressed being that it is AC season and it's hard to get someone to come out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim for my a/c last week. The contractor who was hired to make repairs in my home was on time and professional. He explained the issue and what he did to fix it. Now the a/c unit is working well. I appreciate the quick service from Select Home Warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I normally do not write any reviews but I wanted to share my positive experience with SHW. I filed a claim for my stove and was concerned that it may needed to be replaced. Select sent a technician out to my home who confirmed that I indeed needed a new unit as the cost to repair the current stove was too expensive. Select Home Warranty reviewed my account and the diagnosis with the technician and agreed that the unit needs replacing. We agreed on a reimbursement amount and I recently received my check. I was happy that everything turned out fairly for everyone. I am happy I ended up choosing Select over the other companies out there.

Please be aware of sale persons from Select Home Warranty calling to gain your business. This is not an honest company; my account was cancel by a internal employee and was covered up by management. This action left me uninsured for the next month until I sign up with a new warranty company. The representative are corrupted and only look to cheat you out of your money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Won't fix my dishwasher because it costs too much with the technician they sent. So they are ordering the parts themselves. I got 1 part a month ago and still waiting on the other part since February, 4 months already because it's on backorder, just because Select Home Warranty wants to save a couple of dollars. When the technician can order it now and get it shipped in 2 or 3 days and no more waiting. This is no way of doing business, can't wait no more. Need it fixed now. Also said they were not paying technician to go back and install it because that was extra. That I had to find someone to install it and pay them myself, when they should pay the technician as it's in the contract parts and labor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Select Home Warranty to file a claim for electrical issues I was having in the 2nd bedroom. Select Home Warranty had an electrician come to the house to see the issue. The electrician made some repairs on the wiring and everything is in working order right now. Thank you for the quick claims service.

Select Home Warranty is a criminal enterprise that cheats consumers. Do not be fooled! The positive reviews are generated by the company and their employees. On another site there are over 200 1 star reviews on how they lie and deceive. My mother had a water leak on a pipe under her kitchen sink. They told her it was not covered because it was not in the house! I put in a claim on my a/c on my condo. I have owned it for 2 years and 4 months. They told me if I don't have 3 years of service records I am not covered. So essentially NOTHING is covered. You guessed it NO refund. DO NOT USED THESE PEOPLE!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First service call for water leak they could not get anyone to come. Told me I would have to call my own plumber and pay for it myself and try to get reimbursed at their approved rates. Which are not listed anywhere in the contract. 2nd claim for broken garbage disposal they won't even send a repairman. They just send an email offering me $75 to go get a new one and put it in myself. 15 phone calls and 10 emails for 2 service calls. I'm going to pay $10 a month more and go back to Total Protect. At least they're in America not the Philippines.

I asked to speak to an American 3 days ago they told me they'd have an American call me back in 1 hour. I'm done waiting. I don't even know if this is a USA company but they can't get contractors to work for them around here because they don't pay them either. So to sum up. They are a RIPOFF. Pay a little more and get a legit American Company that will actually fix your broken appliances or replace them not just try to NICE TALK you on the phone.

SHW advertise that their policy gives a consumer 100% coverage from breakdowns and or failure of home appliances. I urge anyone thinking of purchasing a policy like this, to be very careful and read the fine print on that contract. Usually, the devil is in the details, and once you see what is not covered in that policy, you will conclude that it is not worth the money. For instance, the plumbing system is covered but if a leak develop and it is a valve, then you are just out of luck. I thought that valves are a part of the plumbing system, it is not covered but no matter you still must get it repaired out of pocket. That water has to be contained, so what good is having this policy. I am very dissatisfied with this and I will not renew or recommend to anyone to get involved with this type of policy. What they don't cover outweighs what is covered by a wide margin. It is underwritten so wide that there is no actual coverage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Called SHW about our A/C not working after a month of phone calls and emails. They told us due to us having our A/C worked on in the past it wasn't covered by their warranty. We had maintenance done to our A/C since it was new and due to a FAN being replaced it would not be covered by SHW.

Insufficient response received

While they are affordable and coverage compares to other companies they lack in customer service. It will take well over 30 days for me to get reimbursed for a claim for AC repair. I had to call my own repair company because it was going to be several days before select could get someone to my home. It was VERY hot outside at the time.

I am here to try and save others their money... When we first signed up for the home warranty we did the three-year and they promised us that if we ever had any issues with our AC unit that it would be covered 100%. When I signed up with them I had asked them several times to send me a copy of our contract so that I could look it over before my policy started and nobody seemed to want to send me anything. A week after my policy started up we noticed there was an issue with one of our AC units.

Long story short it took me a month to get my claim started and they still have NOT sent us a check for $250 out of a $1500 bill. They don't tell you that there is a loophole!!! You have to submit them the last three years for your AC services. We purchased our home a year ago so we have no way of providing any services from the last 3 years. Please, please, please save your money and find a more reputable home warranty company!!!! I promise you that they will find any way possible to void your claims!

We purchased the home warranty as part of a home purchase. Our dishwasher went out. Initially, the process was good. They sent a repairman, who ordered parts. Then, the new parts didn't work, and he wanted to do another repair. Select Home Warranty wouldn't authorize the additional repair, and instead wanted to buy us out of our machine. They based it on contractor grade dishwasher and depreciated it so they offered us $75. (Based on the depreciation percentage they gave me, they valued our machine at $150 initially - like you could really buy a new DW for that much).

We had to purchase the replacement before getting the $75. I did, it took 2 weeks to get the form I had to sign to agree to the $75, and then the form says payment should be received in 30 days. I had to call 2 times after the 30 days to actually receive payment. In the meantime, I had put in an additional claim for a leaking roof, and didn't get the initial call back for a roofer in the area. Terrible service overall, would not recommend using.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim for my dishwasher 2 weeks ago. The representative who took down my claim was very nice. The technician arrived on time at my home and came back the other day to complete the repairs. The technician made the appointment as soon as the back ordered part arrived. He made the repairs on the dishwasher and it works very well now. I am very satisfied with my service from Select Home Warranty.

I gave a 3 star because I had to miss 2 days of work to get my plumbing issue under control. The first day I missed was because I needed to be home for the plumber. The second day is missed was because he had to come again to fix the leak. I don't know whose fault it is but I would rather have not missed a second day of work. I am happy though with the customer support and the service. The process was easy and hassle free. Next time I will try to tell them to get everything done at once.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim last week for my dishwasher. I received a call a day later from a contractor requesting to schedule an appointment. Everything was handled well. The contractor arrived at my home on time and thoroughly inspected the unit. He knew a lot about my model since it was very popular and was able to quickly figure out the problem. He made all the needed repairs and maintained a very clean work area while he was doing it. Thank you.

I personally would recommend Select Home to others from my experience with them. I used Select on one occasion for when my pool pump stopped working. Select was responsive and kept me in the loop the whole time. They sent a quality pool guy to look at my pool and assess the issue. The pool guy was at the house for about an hr before he called in to the Select line for approval. The Select rep on the phone approved the repair. After the approval the pool guy had to go to a local store to get the part. He came back after about an hr and fixed the pump. This was a overall good experience and I'm happy I have this plan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Select Home Warranty for 2 year for my single family home and townhouse. Once we had refrigerator issue, they did not cover saying leaks are not covered. One year later, our water heater broke, the technician on site said it is not fixable as rust has kind of made it leak and can't be fixed. Again it was not covered since its leak. One year later, our AC unit has issues. I have been on the call for 1-2 hours almost 3 times, and I have not been able to get in touch Authorization agent for last 5 days. I cannot start fix or replacement with any contractor until I get authorization from Select Home Warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased my contract in 2016 and have been pleased with the service. I filed 3 claims so far, one for the plumbing leak, one for my ac and the last for the dishwasher. Each claim was handled as quickly as possible. Repair technicians were hired and sent to my home to make repairs. A+ service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A technician was hired by SHW and sent to my home to repair the dryer issues that I was having. The technician was professional and on time. He fixed my issue and explained what happened to it. He also gave me some tips to avoid having this issue recur.

First the good news. The price was good and the customer service was also good. The contractor they sent was OK, I would rather have used my own. I would rate the whole experience as an 8/10. If they had sent a better contractor I would give it a full 5 star.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim a month ago for the sprinkler system. Within a few days' time the repair was made and the sprinklers were working well. Select Home Warranty responded promptly to my claim issue and made sure the repairs were completed as quickly as they were able to get it done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Do not use Select Home Warranty. They are full of it. I've been out of hot water for 6 days. I call them, they send the contractor out from Homeland handyman. All he did was looked at it, went out in his truck and got a screwdriver and tighten the panel. Said it should be hot in 30 minutes. I waited 2 hours. Get in the shower the water is still cold. Called him, he made up and excuse to tell them I need a new water heater and he will let them know. He did not turn in his diagnosis. Call them, they said they have not got his diagnosis. Called him back, would not answer the phone. Leave a message. Kept calling them back. I fax them the paper that he gave me for my receipt. All head on it was Tighten panel. Call Select later to see if they received the fax. Had not received it. Said someone will call me.

Called handyman again. Did not answer. Left him a message. He finally called back. He said he will call them and turn his diagnosis. Still haven't heard from them. Kept telling me somebody will get back with me. No one got in touch with me yet. Do not pass Select Home Warranty and do not use their contractor Homeland handyman. Both of them are a rip-off.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile