toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was having a/c issues throughout the house. I called SHW right away as the summer was getting very hot. They sent someone right away to diagnose and repair my issue. The contractor was very thorough and explained everything. I was very pleased with the service I got from the contractor and SHW.

My stove was not working properly. A contractor was hired and sent to my house. The contractor said that a part needed to be replaced in the unit. He was able to get the part approved by SHW and it was replaced as soon as he was able to get the part and come back to my house to make repairs. The service was excellent.

I submitted a washing machine claim 3 weeks ago. The technician that was hired to repair the machine was very professional, courteous and respectful. He explained everything that he was doing and what he needed to make sure the machine worked like new again. Once the repairs were done he made sure to run the machine a full cycle before leaving making sure there were no problems.

I filed a claim for my ac system last summer. The contractor who was hired was very experienced and came highly recommended from friends and family. I was very happy to see that SHW hired top notch contractors to repair appliances for their customers. I highly recommend their service.

My microwave was not working. I filed a claim with SHW and they ended up sending a technician to my home. The technician said that it was un-repairable. SHW offered me money towards a new unit and sent me a check once everything was taken care of. I received my check on time and the representatives were very courteous and informative throughout the claim and payment process.

I filed a claim for my air conditioner. The representative who took my claim information and told me that they will get in touch with a contractor. The contractor who came to my house was professional, courteous and very experienced. He found the problem and fixed it right away. I was very happy and satisfied with their service.

I had Select Home Warranty send a contractor to my house to repair the garage door. The contractor was on time, professional and experienced. The repairs were made on my garage door quickly and it works perfectly now. Thank you!

Select Home Warranty representatives are very professional. They answered all my questions and made sure everything I needed or had questions on were taken care of before ending the call. My claim was handled just as good as the initial service call. The contractor was very professional and knew what he was doing too. I am very happy with my warranty and highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

I filed a claim for my water heater. The representative who took down my claim was very thorough asking a lot of questions and what the problem was. By the time the contractor arrived at my home he knew a lot about my concerns and inspected the water heater very well. He found the issue and was able to repair my problems. Since then I had no more problems.

My electric stove just blew up 4 days ago period. I also noticed I had a leak coming in from my bathroom to my kitchen and that may have been the cause my stove problems. I called the Select Home Warranty. They gave me two claims. Said they would be email to me. I got nothing an email. It said someone would call me in 24 hours. I waited and no one called. I called them only to get ran around and told no one can come out for appliances for three to four weeks. They told me to get someone, see if they approve it and they would pay me back.

I advised them that is not why I got a home warranty. It was someone in a foreign country with children playing in the background and I could barely understand them. They are waiting for me to get someone to repair it and decide if they will reimburse it. This will not happen. I call every day and ask for a supervisor and I get the same guy saying, "Our supervisor does not talk on the phone." Is a very, very shady company.

Be wary about this home warranty company and be sure to read the small print. They do not cover freon leaks and they used that as an excuse not to cover my a/c condenser which failed because of normal wear and tear. They also only pay the depreciated value for an item that needs to be replaced. So, if you have an old appliance that fails, they pay virtually nothing. Bottom line is that my experience with this company was terrible.

I filed a claim for the refrigerator last month. A contractor was assigned to my claim and was sent to my home to repair the issue. The contractor worked quickly and was very professional. He came as fast as he could knowing that I had a lot of food in the fridge and was concerned that everything was going to go bad. He quickly found what the issue was and the source of it and repaired it right away. The fridge now works as if it was purchased new from the store. The service was very fast and very professional.

First of all if you want a policy to use primarily for A.C. do not use them. They will find any small detail to not cover repairs. I contacted them on Wednesday morning to file a claim because the A.C. was not cooling and there was ice build up outside on the unit. They contacted a contractor, who did not show up until 8:00pm Wednesday night. This is Texas so it is extremely hot during the day. The following day we did not hear from the contractor, so I called Select Home Warranty to see if they had a diagnosis yet around 11:00. They had not received one, so I contacted the contractor. He said he had already sent it in and that he was planning on being at the house that evening to fix the AC.

So I contacted Select again and they said that they had not received anything. I told them what he said, so they called him while I was on the phone. They said he was out on another job and when he gets in he will submit the diagnosis and head to the house. Ok. So Friday morning thinking this was taken care of I get a call from my tenant in the morning saying that the contractor never showed/no call. Again I call Select. They said they had not received a diagnosis yet. Again I call the contractor. He said he submitted the diagnosis, had the parts for the ac and was going to contact my tenant to come by that afternoon. Around 1:00 he is still a no show. I try calling with no answer and texting him every hour with no response and this is the owner of the company. Again I call select, they try calling him also with no answer.

This is now going on day 4 with no ac. I am basically pleading with them to do something. They tell me that can't do anything without a diagnosis. If they call another contractor it would most likely be Tuesday before they could come because their contractors do not work on the weekends, or I can get my own contractor but if I do that they are going to take out another 45 dollar fee, even though I already paid it to the contractor that never showed back up and that if I didn't have a 3 years worth of maintenance shown they would only cover up to $150. All options were worthless. So select recommended not getting my own contractor and they would see if they could find someone else on Saturday. So I get an email sat saying they got a new contractor and he would contact me in 12-24 hours. So we are now on day 5 with no ac.

Finally on Sunday night the contractor comes by. He adds Freon so at least the house will cool. But he finds the evaporator coil is broken and needs to be replaced and he submits the diagnosis. So Monday I hear nothing. Tuesday I finally get an email, and guess what. Of course that not covered. I left messages 3 times to get clarification from their top manager, he said the only one above him is the board of directors. When we asked before to escalate all the issues we were having, no answer or call back on Tuesday. Wednesday again left 2 messages with no answer/call back. I called the claims department and let me just tell you if a contractor says there is a leak at all regarding your ac, no matter if it's because a part is broken which causes the leak, they immediately shut it down and say it's not covered.

This company is just in it to take your money and they will do whatever it takes to not cover your claim. And every customer service rep I talked to was rude, uncaring, and unwilling to help with the situation. And I had to talk to a lot of them during this 6 day process. And are still dealing with them. They did not care at all that he was in a hot house for 6 days in Texas. So, please go with another company. We used American Home Warranty and we should have never switched. They came out the next day, diagnosed, and fixed our A.C... with no hassle or issues. This is a legitimate review from an actual customer of select home warranty.

Select Home Warranty provides wonderful customer service. The representatives are very polite and efficient. Service came at the agreed time. The repair service was excellent. The technicians were knowledgeable and performed their task well. Very positive experience. I highly recommend them.

I had a plumbing claim and the plumber was the most honest and reliable plumber I have ever dealt with. The plumber was very personable and does quality work at an affordable price. He showed up when he said he would and repaired my issue quickly and efficiently.

My experience with Select Home Warranty has been exceptional. From the call to repair, everything was taken care of quickly. The contractor was courteous and worked around my schedule so that I didn't have to miss a lot of work time to have the repairs done.

I filed a heating claim this past winter. The response time by both Select Home Warranty and the contractor were acceptable. My claim was processed on time without any delays and the repairs were completed on time as well. The service was professional and efficient from both of them.

My washing machine was making noise. I called SHW to file a claim with them. They processed my claim in a timely manner. They had someone schedule an appointment to diagnose my issue right away. The technician was professional and experienced. He repaired the washing machine right away.

When we bought our home, the refrigerator worked great! Then it died. We have tried to contact the company, and getting stalled, the run-around, etc. Then our fridge was not covered, because of the fine print that no one told us about. It does not cover all these systems in the fridge, but that is what a fridge is -- systems. Rip-off, Rip-off.

I bought Select Home Warranty policy for 1 year. When first issue happened: hot water stopped to coming in master bathroom I had bunch of calls (about 10) and last one (manager) told me that I should buy additional coverage for fixing problem regardless than policy said that stop water is covered. They not even provide with order number.

It takes so much time for someone to show up every time for garden (leaks), air conditioning (broken). We had no A/C, I had to find someone myself, (they found someone to come 5 days later when we had 85 degrees in the home!!) and now they don't want to pay me back part of the service call. They make sure by taking time you will have to solve the problem yourself!! Never confirms by e-mails what they say by phone!!! Really, really bad experience!!!!

I called Select Home Warranty to file a claim for my washing machine. The contractor who came to my house knew the issue right away and was able to fix it. He had to go get a part in order to fix the machine but returned the same day to replace it. The service was very impressive.

I was having electrical problems in one of my bedrooms. I filed a claim with Select Home Warranty and they had an electrician call me up to set up an appointment. The electrician who came out was on time, professional and inspected everything carefully. He quickly found the issue and made the necessary repairs. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

We recently purchased our home so this was our first time having to use the warranty. Select Home Warranty made the process easy for us. We filed a claim in the morning for our heat. They sent a technician to our house right away and the technician had the heat working for us the same day. I was so happy with our experience.

Select Home Warranty is fantastic! I had two different issues at the same time in my home. The first one, the contractor was here the next day. The second one the other contractor came out the day after that since it was less of an emergency. Both contractors were pleasant to deal with, explained what was going on and what they did to fix my problems. Fantastic service from all!

We have always had a quick response when filing our claims. We recently had some problem with a claim and SHW reviewed and processed my claim quickly and made sure everything was taken care of. The claim worked out well for us and our repairs were made. I highly recommend SHW.

I had a problem with the plumbing. I called the claims department at SHW to get service done. The claims agent was very friendly and filed the claim quickly. I got a reply later that afternoon from a plumber scheduling an appointment. The plumber arrived on time and was very professional. He took care of my issues.

I filed a claim for the garage door. The claim was handled quickly by Select Home Warranty. A contractor came out to the house and repaired the garage door the same day. I am very happy with Select Home Warranty.

This was my first claim with SHW. From the representative taking down my claim information to the contractor who came to my house the service was very good. Everyone was professional throughout the entire claim process. SHW has done a great job.

I used my warranty twice in the past 2 years. I had my dishwasher repaired and my washing machine repaired recently as well. The service time was very acceptable. My overall experience was very good. I am happy with my warranty and have no complaints.

They send you a name of a contractor via e-mail, that doesn't even exist. I have been trying for 4 days to get an electrical problem fixed. I have been calling everyday, and they just keep giving me the run around. I am on day 5, and on a Friday, and they say their technicians don't work weekends? Are they going to pay for my house when it burns down?

Be careful with them! They told me we are covered when we bought the warranty, only to find out our flip had most issues not covered--they say, due to improper installation. I asked for a refund after having the home 2 days and they took a $75 cancel fee plus $20 service call fee and improperly prorated my usage (even though their own policy says it wouldn't start until closing) (-- they charged me for a month, not 2 days). They refused to properly refund me and didn't care that I could show proof of closing and never even signed their contract.

A few months after I purchased my warranty from Select Home Warranty, my cooktop was not working. I called for service and the very same day I received a call from their repair company to schedule an appointment. The part took approx. 3 days to arrive and once it did he came back to repair the cooktop. Thank you again Select Home Warranty.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile