Call toll free

BBBB Rating
View More View More

3025 Select Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

Salespeople were good - not pushy. Agreement appears to be ok. Hope the service is as good as it appears. Can't comment further this early in the process. Will submit another review once I have used the service. Was looking for a way to ameliorate unexpected maintenance costs. This looks like what I need. Have had other companies in the distant past that I was not happy with but the pitch was so convincing thought I would try again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a home Select Home Warranty through Kevin ** today. He was very knowledgeable, very helpful and very pleasant in getting my policy set up. Kevin offered several options, but absolutely no pressure to select one over the other. He explained how the claims process works. He also informed me that all contractors that they use are bonded and insured. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family that are looking for a home warranty.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Brad ** made it very easy to get the best deal on our home warranty. Now I can rest easy and not worry about upcoming costs on all of our appliances in our new home. Thank you Brad! I was very glad it was so easy to sign up for. Now we have our HVAC system, dishwasher, washer, dryer, fridge, ductwork all covered! In our last home, we regret we did not get a Home Warranty. We ended up spending $1,000s of dollars to replace all of our appliances one by one.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had good service with Daniel. He gave me fair pricing. I received phone call from 3 other people at Select. I forgot to review that I would like to pay monthly of $50 from my credit card. Tried to call back to be sure the payments are monthly. Phone is busy.

Original review: June 22, 2018

When I first contacted the department, instantly, I experienced a very polite, knowledgeable and helpful person. The representative was able to accommodate me in the pricing to make it more affordable for my needs. I had to call back because I wanted to get another quote but the other one was not as cost saving for me than Select Warranty. When I called Select Warranty back, the representative remembered me and thank me for calling back and choosing their company and assured me that I would have a great experience by choosing Select Warranty Services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: June 21, 2018

Talked to Fred about purchasing a Warranty. He was very cordial and was specific with my questions about coverage. I told him I would call him back after reading over the conditions and he was fine with that. Other companies will not be as nice due to the possibility of not getting a return call. My husband and I were satisfied with what we saw and called Fred back and signed up. We are hoping for good service this year with our new company. Thanks Fred.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Our current home warranty was up for renewal and we were ready to extend it for an additional year. After speaking to a customer representative via phone, we were offered a greater discount on a longer term than we initially expected to purchase on our home. We were informed that our warranty was transferable or we can take it with us if we decide to sell and buy another home. This, along with the discount given to us made worth it, plus the added peace of mind. Overall, Select Home Warranty was very helpful and informative about the process and extension.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I received a great value for the home warranty plan. I haven’t had to use it yet, but I appreciate the value and am happy for the low service call fee should I need to use it. It was considerably cheaper than any other company I looked into and since I signed up for a longer term my service call fee is very low. When I contacted customer service, they were very quick to get back to me and were able to answer my question.

Original review: June 21, 2018

After calling numerous companies this was hands down the best rate I could find! William was super helpful and gave me time to think about the best option for our new home purchase. He also gave me a variety of options to chose from. The only thing I wish with the coverage is that freon and freon leaks were not excluded from the AC portion of the plan. Would recommend that company through to someone in the market for a plan.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I just purchased the plan so I don’t have much to review about using this company yet. They do have the best rates around though, especially if you are in a situation where you can lock in a longer term. Alan gave me a great deal. My only issue is the amount of phone calls I received while I was trying to make up my mind. There was one point where someone from the company called me 5 times in a row because I was busy and didn’t answer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

No problems. Salesperson was great doing his job! Sam was his name. He was very clear understandable with plans! Explain the coverage well! Pleasant to talk with! I really can’t ask how much I enjoyed talking with him on this day! Look forward to recovering my hard copy of this policy! Thank you so much! If I could say more I would but what is there to say he did a fine job! Thank you so much!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

Had an excellent contact with Fred regarding the purchase of my home warranty. He was thorough in his explanation, he answered all my questions, and he didn't hesitate to send me a hard copy of the contract. I appreciated the financial breakdown and explanation. The service provided by all the staff I spoke with (including Ally) was excellent. If the service provided is as good as the description of the product, we will be very happy. Please don't let us down!

Original review: June 21, 2018

My experience was good and I will recommend this company to my family & friends. The rep was very friendly & professional. I had all of my questions answered and I found out that the price and coverage was very competitive. My wife and I found a plan that fits our needs and we feel good about being able to add coverage later. Our rep was good about telling us about the plan that fit our current needs.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My purchase of a home warranty was a very quick and smooth process. Richard ** was friendly and very helpful. He ensured that I received the best possible price for my needs, to include checking for additional savings he could offer. He was very knowledgeable, and easily answered all of my questions regarding my purchase. I am a first time home owner, and was unsure about the process of purchasing a home warranty. Select Home Warranty made the process easy to complete, as well as easy to understand.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Upon calling many companies, once I contacted you, your representative was very knowledgeable and explained your program very good. He also had a very good attitude. I have told others of you wanting similar warranties. The only thing is I would like some paperwork sent to me to put in my file box for references. Upon my discussion with your salesperson, I was told I would get it upon my first payment which has been made. I figured it was a clerical error. Thank you for your time.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I am a first time homebuyer and I never really understood the importance of a home warranty plan until I conducted research. When I purchased my home, a little less than 2 years ago, the seller provided a home warranty plan for me but once it expired, I needed to renew; however, the price was out of my budget so I decided to shop around. Mark ** assisted me with setting up my Home Warranty plan to meet my needs. He was very knowledgeable and maintained a professional manner throughout the call. He offered me several options to choose from that were tailored to my needs. The quote given to me was very reasonable and fit within my budget and covered my concerns. He also provided information about the 5 year program and with that, came a free year! I feel confident in Select Home Warranty providing my warranty needs.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I switched from OneGuard to Select Home Warranty because they have fewer exclusions, their policy is half the price ($49 per month vs $118) and the deductible is $60 vs $69. Customer service was also great. I am just hoping that once I file the first claim they follow through and do not deny service like OneGuard would do all the time.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I dealt with Jeff ** at Select Home Warranty and found him well informed and a pleasure to work with. Jeff is the reason for the sale today! I am in the process of selling my home and have offered a home warranty in the past to clinch the sale. Jeff answered all my questions and made me an offer I could refuse. I would certainly recommend your company to my friends, it allows one to sleep better at night!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was looking to switch my home warranty and came across the website and sent some information. Within minutes I received an email from Zachary ** with a quote. He provided great phone and online service and answered all my questions. He was very friendly and professional through the whole time. He cared for my needs and offered me valuable information and discounts and was very much convinced and I purchased the policy. Great job Zachary and thank you for your services.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I'm a first time home buyer and searched around online for a home warranty. Select Home Warranty offers great plans at affordable prices with minimal exclusions compared to others I received quotes from. Daniel ** called me to discuss the plans in more detail and provided me with current promotional offers. He answered all of my questions with accuracy and put my mind at ease by reiterating their 30 day cancellation policy and even went on to tell me that I could actually cancel at any time and received a prorated refund if for some reason I was not happy or no longer needed the plan. Thanks Daniel! YOU ROCK!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

Thank you for giving me a call today, Alan. The home sellers set us up with 1 year of Home Warranty through Select Home Warranty. Alan called to see if I had any question and in the conversation was able to help me get set up on 3 full years. He answered all my questions about the policy, what was covered and what would happen if we ever needed to use the policy. I think it sounded like a fantastic deal and am very pleased with the company. Alan was very nice and took his time with me. I am very happy with our purchase. Thank you very much!

Original review: June 21, 2018

We are selling our home, and wanted to offer some protection against possible repairs that might be needed after the buyer moves in. I had spent several hours researching home warranty companies, and Select Home Warranty offers the most for your money, and discounts as well. Through the process of getting a quote and comparing plans, I received several calls from customer service agents to answer any questions I had, and offer the discounts when I signed up. The agents I talked to were very pleasant and helpful. Once we get settled in a new home, if needed, I will definitely look into coverage for myself if it is offered in the area.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had a excellent sales rep who was very thorough in going over the plan. He was polite and patient and explained what the plan covers and listened to my concerns and assured me of what the plan would or would not cover. He also told me about the specials and offered to show me the different prices. He called me back the next day after I had inquired about the coverage via online. Also he let me know about the free roof leak coverage that was included with the platinum plan.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We purchased a new house and were shopping for a warranty to add protection to home. We chose Select Home Warranty because of the extensive coverages offered and, more importantly, the exceptional customer service provided to us by Belinda, ext **. Belinda took the time then discuss the benefits of a home warranty, including the explaining the services, the claim process, and reviewing the insurance agreement with us. We’re happy we chose Select. Thank you, Belinda!

Original review: June 21, 2018

Excellent value and very prompt service. Would recommend this company to family and friends. I've checked other companies and yours is the best value. I also checked some companies in my area that use you when you refer them and have been told you're the best they deal with. My only disappointment was that you do not cover above ground hot tubs. Maybe you could consider covering them in the future. I've made one claim and you sent a contractor out the next day. Excellent customer service also. I called and got right through the first time I called.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Great service at sign up. Sam walked me through everything I needed and wanted to know about the warranty plan. I’ve had home warranty service before but Select is providing more coverage for less cost. I highly recommend. If I do need to make the call they assured me that they have several contractors waiting to service my area. That’s great to know especially with these Georgia summers where an a/c could let you down at any time. Twenty four hour assistance is also an added bonus.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I am pleased with the amount I was given to replace the disposal. I do wish they would send someone to install it though. Someone to install the disposal would make it so much easier to complete the process. This is my first experience with the company and so far I am pleased and would recommend them to someone else.

Original review: June 21, 2018

With our house being almost 10 years old, we decided it would be smart to get a home warranty. We called on Memorial Day and took advantage of a great offer, our agent Richard, was very kind and helpful. It was a very easy process to get set up. We feel good having the coverage. It seems easy to use, although we haven’t made a claim yet. I have already recommended Select Home Warranty to two friends.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Mr. David ** was very pleasant & kind. I had many questions & he answered them all with patience & tolerance. I felt very very rewarding to become a part of a new found family. We laughed thru the process. His humor was outstanding. I would totally recommend family & friends. I'm looking forward to working with the Select Home Warranty team. He tried to get me every discount that was available to me. Thank you. He is doing an superb job???

Original review: June 21, 2018

Carlos was able to resend our policy right away to our email address that was accidentally deleted. He also advised us that we will need to contact the billing department to get a copy of our 1st bill that was probably also deleted by accident. He provided the timezone and billing department hours and explained politely that he couldn't help us with this issue because only the billing department has access to our account information to resend bills.

Select Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Headquartered in New Jersey, Select Home Warranty offers three simple home warranty plans to fit every homeowner’s needs and budget. The company has a network of more than 10,000 local contractors available to provide fast, quality service to their customers.

• Accessibility: Customers can call or email for service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Non-emergency calls are scheduled within a maximum of two business days when service is requested on a weekday, or four business days if the call is made on a weekend or holiday.

• Low service fee: While service fees vary slightly according to your plan, they’re usually as low as $60.

• High HVAC coverage limits: Select Home Warranty’s $2,000 coverage limit on HVAC systems is one of the highest in the industry.

• Optional coverage add-ons: Add on additional coverage for areas that need it, including your pool, second refrigerator, sump pump, ice maker, spa and more.

• Multiple year coverage discount: Customers who opt for multiple year coverage are eligible for a discount. Contact a representative to find out how much you can save.

• Best for: homeowners, buyers, sellers and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Select Home Warranty Company Information