toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A claim was filed for the dishwasher. It was not draining/washing the dishes properly. SHW sent an amazing contractor to my house who not only repaired the dishwasher but made sure that it was working properly before leaving. He cleaned up after the repairs were made and was very thorough.

I filed a claim for my a/c in the beginning of the summer. Select Home Warranty found someone in my area to come to home to diagnose the problem. Repairs were completed within 48 hours of making the claim right before the weather started getting really warm. Quick and error free service all around.

This is the 3rd time we have had to call Select Home Warranty in the past year. Every time the personnel were helpful. This time we filed a claim online and the service was just as good. Thank you for paying attention to our needs!

Select Home Warranty is very impressive. I placed a claim online for hot water problem. Within 2 hrs I had an appointment with a plumber to come out. That plumber came the same day. It turned out that my pilot was out and the water heater didn't need any fixing. Even though there was no repair done Select was very good in the process.

I was having plumbing issues at home. I filed a claim online with SHW and they sent a plumber to my house. The plumber inspected everything very very well and told me what the problem was. He had to get approval for the repairs but he took care of that while still in my home. Once he got the approval the repair was done on the spot. I was very grateful for the wonderful service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

My microwave was not working. When the contractor hired by Select Home Warranty came to my house to diagnose my problem he said that to fix it was going to cost more than a new one. He called Select while he was in my home and was able to have them approve a brand new one to be installed. I had a new microwave the next morning.

I am very happy with my warranty. I called them in June to file my claim for the air conditioner and they had someone come to my house to fix my problems. The contractor they called was A+ rated and came highly recommended from everyone I asked. I was so happy to see that only the best was hired to assist in my claim. I will be renewing my contract next month.

My a/c was not cooling. I filed my claim on the Select Home Warranty website and I got an email reply the same day that a technician will be in contact with me. The technician came the next day to repair my a/c. The service was very quick and professional.

I had issues with my heating system. I filed a claim with a representative over the phone and they took down the claim information and said that they will have a contractor call to schedule an appointment. The contractor who came to my home was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained the issue and what was done to repair it. I have not had any problems with my heating system since then.

Save your money, these people are complete scammers in every way. I could not find any service people within my area that would work with these people. They are late on their payments and as a result no one with work with them. Unfortunately I did not ask around before I spent the money. It has been over 2 months trying to get a refund. I have folders full of emails and notes on my attempts to get a refund and at every juncture I am told to "be patient", "the check was sent out", "wait a few more days" and don't expect to be treated politely or with respect. These people are rude, obnoxious and abrupt. People must really be hard up for a job if they are working for a company that is a complete scam and feel customer service is taking your money and not providing any form of reputable service!! Stay far away!!!

I love Select Home Warranty. I have been with them for 4 years now and I have had nothing but a great experience. My claims were processed quickly. Every single contractor who was sent to my home was professional, courteous and consistent with their work. I highly recommend them.

My water heater broke. Select Home Warranty hired someone to come to my home and make repairs. When the contractor came he said that my water heater needed replacing as it was not worth repairing. Since my water heater was old Select offered to pay $500 towards a new water heater which I gladly accepted. I was thrilled with my policy.

I filed a claim online for my air conditioner. The next morning I got an email saying that a contractor will be in touch with me. The contractor ended up coming to my home right away and repaired my air conditioner problem. I was very happy with my service.

Over the summer I filed a claim for my pool pump as it was not working. Someone from Select Home Warranty had a contractor get in touch with me to set up an appointment. My pool pump was repaired within 3 days time. The overall service was professional and quick.

I filed a claim because the pipe connection in my sprinkler system was leaking. Select Home Warranty hired a contractor to come to my home to make repairs. The contractor arrived on time as scheduled and made all the necessary repairs on the same visit. Thank you.

My most recent claim for the washing machine went over really well. The representative at SHW assigned a technician to my claim. The technician was on time, prepared and made repairs during the same service call visit. I have never had any issues with my claims so far. I am very satisfied with my warranty from Select Home Warranty.

Excellent service. I have been with SHW for 2 years now and have always received top notch service. I am very, very happy with my warranty. I highly recommend their warranty to anyone who needs to purchase one. I was never disappointed.

I could not be happier with Select Home Warranty. I have been referring them to all my friends and family since I purchased my warranty. Everyone who has it with them have been so happy. All of my claims for the past 3 years have been processed quickly. All the repairs were completed within a very reasonable amount of time. I am so happy with this warranty. Thank you! I highly recommend their service.

I am very happy with my experiences so far with Select Home Warranty. My garbage disposal claim was handled professionally and quickly. My reimbursement check was sent on time and I had no issues getting reimbursed for the replacement unit I had installed. I am very satisfied.

I called Select Home Warranty to file a claim for my dishwasher when it was leaking water. A representative who took down my claim information informed me that a contractor would be calling me to schedule an appointment. Everything they said they were going to do they did. A contractor was sent to my home and he repaired the dishwasher for me. I am highly satisfied with my warranty.

This is one of the worst insurance company I came across. They really don't care to follow up on issue. Even if you send them all details and will keep come back and ask for same info, they really don't have any good local contractors who can fix your issue. I have opened a claim with them for more than a month ago and they still didn't pay the amount.

Excellent overall service from Select Home Warranty. The staff are friendly and courteous. Claims get filed quickly and contractors are sent right away. I couldn't be more pleased with my coverage through Select Home Warranty. Thank you! I highly recommend them.

I had issues with the heating system at home. Select Home Warranty dispatched a technician to my home. The technician was courteous, professional and thorough. He repaired my heating unit the same day and I am very pleased about that. I highly recommend a warranty from Select Home Warranty.

I have been very happy with how my washing machine claim was handled. The contractor was sent to my home in a timely fashion. He was thorough and explained what had happened and what was needed to be done to make repairs. My repairs were completed the same day and I have had no problem since then with my machine and that was 3 months ago.

I had issues with my dishwasher not draining properly. I called SHW and the representative on the phone took down all my claim information. I was told that contractor will be calling me to set up an appointment. My dishwasher was repaired within 2 days. Thank you!

Excellent customer service. 5 stars for Select Home Warranty. I have been very impressed with the quality and thoroughness of their service. The contractors who were hired on all of my claims were professional and courteous. I couldn't ask for better service.

My a/c was not working this summer. I filed a claim online with Select and a contractor reached out to me the next day to schedule an appointment. My a/c was working the next day. I am very happy with my experiences with this company. I am a satisfied customer.

I highly recommend Select Home Warranty. When I filed my a/c claim this past summer Select made sure to have a contractor sent to my home right away. The contractor was professional and knowledgeable. He quickly found my problem and made the repairs the same day. I am very happy with my warranty.

5 stars for Select Home Warranty. I am so impressed with the quality and quickness of service. My claim was processed quickly. A contractor was sent to my home on time. He made repairs and was extremely professional. I highly recommend them.

I have been with Select Home Warranty for more than a year. So far it is a bitter experience. Listing some of them: They are pathetic in understanding any issue that you might report. They sent me gas technician when I said the stove is not lighting up properly. They should have known it is mostly related to electricity after learning the make and model of my stove. None in their team is knowledgeable to understand your issue. They just assign and you end up paying more service call fee as the shift in the root cause will cause service call fee again and again. None in their team is customer centric. My gas stove issue isn't resolved for last 1 month. I have to follow-up every single time to alert them nothing is happening and then they realize the customer is in waiting mode.

Their cancellation policy is a big time scam. If you are canceling, you have to pay the original price that you would have paid for each claim if you had no warranty but calling the technician individually. You tend to stay with them whatever your choice is and whatever your opinion about them. For some claims, they don't spend time in analyzing the issue, instead they throw you some dollars and ask you fix it. Instead they could ask make and model and see if there is a easy fix. It happened for my Microwave door issue.

They don't follow-up with the contractor instead the customer has to do. I had to follow-up with the contractor to send his diagnosis instead of the Select guys to do the same. You end up doing their work and they just sit and wait for your call. It happened for my gas stove issue (still not resolved for more than a month). When I reported why you don't own the delay, the Director of the call center said it is not his issue even though he realize I am waiting on it for more than 3 weeks after the first technician visit. If you really want a home warranty, better choose a good company other than Select Home Warranty. They are a big time scam. I wish I could cancel my contract, but they had a big catch in cancellation. Better stay away from them.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile