Call toll free
4.28/5
Based on 2,282 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Select Home warranty provides AC, heat, and appliance coverage, a 30-day free trial period, and a low monthly cost. Contact us today to work with a best-in-service company to protect your home.

BBBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Select Home Warranty offers a 30-day free trial period and has plans starting at $22 per month. Happy customers like that they can file a claim 24/7 and appreciate the company's customer service. Coverage begins 30 days from receipt of payment.

PROS

• Competitively low prices
  • Hassle-free interactions with representatives
  • Helpful and friendly customer service
  • Easy onboarding process
  • Thorough explanations so consumers understand the resolution

CONS

• Some customers experience a long wait time for contractors to come out
  • $75 cancellation fee

4672 Select Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 6 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I wanted to thank you for this new home warranty and specifically I want to express my gratitude for the personal, kind and professional service provided to me by Sam **. Others I spoke with were kind of slick and pushy and came across as impersonal and selfish. Mr. ** was the opposite and he showed patience and strong interpersonal skills. I was glad to become a customer with him on the other end of the phone. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The person that I talked to were very good, helped me. Just keep up the good work. I asked for my contract and I had gotten it very fast. I would recommend it to all my family and friends. My experience with Select Warranty, four stars. I like only have to pay sixty dollars when they come to my home for service. I also like to thank Sol and Adam for their help. They went out of their way to really help me. They went over the policy with me, and ask me for feedback. Once again I say well done.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The gentleman that worked with me to join was very helpful. He answered my questions and gave me confidence in your company. Please tell him thank you and GOD Bless. I wish ALL of you a very Happy Christmas and prosperous new year. I have just come through hurricane Michael and God blessed me by protecting my home. I also feel that HE has led me to join up with your company. I look forward to being with you for the future. Again I wish you all well and good health for the coming year.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Our Samsung Dryer started making loud noises and so we called for a service call. Select Home Warranty sent out Kevin's Appliance Repair and they found the issue to be a bad pulley and a belt. It was fixed quickly and efficiently with our cost only being the $60 co-pay. Select Home Warranty covered our claims as stated in our policy without argument. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty for anyone that needs to maintain a tight budget. The monthly cost plus only needing the co-pay makes it easy to keep our appliances maintained.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My realtor enrolled us. Thanks to Anne **! Great Tampa Bay Realtor. Looking forward to hopefully not having to use our warranty in the near future. Home Warranties are a very good thing. Peace of mind. We have never had a Home Warranty before. The peace of mind it affords is really special especially in a home you know nothing about and in a strange city. Thank you to our realtor for her generous and gracious gift of a home warranty. So far so good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Was contacting for transfer info that was not supplied to us. I finally found the number to contact your agent for my policy number. Had been lead in a circle for a few days till getting the right contact number. Still need some help please. The rep was courteous and gave me some vital info but I need a follow up please. I would like to speak to the rep helped me last time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The sales representative seemed to be in a big rush to complete the transaction and did not explain very much about the policy before he hung up the phone. I was left wondering how to submit a claim what rules and specifics there were for submitting a claim. Very confusing and did not leave me with much confidence in this company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

After speaking with him on the phone, Alan did a great job explaining everything clearly. I am very happy with both the product and service I have received. I hope I never have to use the policy, but I am confident that it will be money well spent. Based on what I have experienced so far, I have recommended Select Home to several of my friends. If it works as well as it was presented, this policy will be money very still spent.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The other warranty companies had extremely pushy sales teams but Alan ** at Select Home Warranty answered all of my questions and seemed genuinely interested in getting me the right policy for my home warranty needs. I haven't used the service yet (and hopefully won't need to!) but I am very pleased with the new customer onboarding process. The ultimate thing that tipped my buying decision was reading reviews. It came down to a head-to-head matchup between American Home Shield and Select Home Warranty. Both companies had the most favorable online reviews but Select was almost $200 cheaper per year. Hoping the ongoing customer experience stays positive. Happy so far!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Copy of Contract - I asked, I received it immediately. The tech person on the other end of the computer was nice, professional and prompt in their response. I got the copy of my contract almost immediately. Now to make use of the warranty, not that I want to but I can tell things are starting to fall apart so before I die (I'm fighting cancer now) I need all the help I can get to get as much out of my home when it is time to sell it once I'm gone. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Explained program and that I could cancel if I changed my mind.... value seems fine if we decide if we can afford to pay lump sum in advance. Would like to have seen ice maker and stand alone freezer and second refrigerator covered as well. Impressed with company chosen number 1 last two years, that helped us to chose your company. Also impressed that our area was so well covered by service companies which means quicker service when in need of a repair. Also liked the idea that if you could not repair that a new compatible appliance would replace the unfixable one at no additional cost to us.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My experience was excellent with Johnathan, your staff member. He was courteous in all efforts and waited patiently for me to talk to my wife in deciding to go into a longer plan. I am happy with the price and I hope to service will continue to be the same experience as I had with Johnathan. I talked to other friends about this and all agreed the deal was great and it was a pleasure to work with Johnathan and his patience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Select Home Warranty representative, William **, was knowledgeable about service offerings and was able to enroll me without an issue as of the date/time of this email. I did reviews online and select home warranty appeared in the upper part of the companies providing home warranty services in the North Carolina. This will be my first experience with the Select Home Warranty company and I am hoping it will be a good one so that I will continue with them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Enrollment was easy and agent, Abraham ** explained benefits well. I am a little worried because deal is a bit too good to believe but I did received an email so will be able to review benefits and I like the fact that I can cancel anytime. I am looking forward to learning how knowledgeable the repair techs will be.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My service was SUPERB and professional, will be recommended not only your company but the David to help the next person I know to get your home warranty. He was kind, friendly, and explained things to me so that I can understand, and very patient. Offering a great customer service on behalf of Select Home Warranty Company. I would also like mention that you offer good service packages for excellent rate plans that are great compared to other companies.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Good job explaining options available. Ultimately received good value in the cost per month and service fees, albeit as a result of pre-paying for 3 years. Good feature that we can cancel later and receive a pro-rated refund for unused months. Overall the process was pretty simple. Looking forward to seeing how the process will work if there is ever an issue. We did not have a good experience with our previous home warranty company on another home - American Home Shield. Their program was riddled with exclusions, rendering it almost impossible to use and valueless.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Thankful I have not needed to file a claim yet, but knowing I have good home warranty coverage give me peace of mind. The initial process experience was good as we were buying our house and the renewal was easy as well. There were a few other multi-year options for renew and the representative did a good job of explaining all the options. When I had questions during the year the help desk was very helpful. Overall good experience so far.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Nathan. I was just about to close on my first home and he was the only person who did not pressure me, gave me time to purchase me home, answered my questions AND was friendly and congratulated me on my home. The price and services offered were the best, too, but nothing beats that friendly and accurate customer service. He was even able to hold a discount for me. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I am a new customer with Select Home Warranty coming from a competitor that I had some challenges with over the last year. I have decided to go with Select based on the reviews and ratings I have read. Thus far the customer service has been good and so I'm looking forward to a good experience. Hopefully I won't need to file any claims, but in the event that becomes a reality my expectations are high.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Andrew ** was professional, courteous, and pleasant to deal with. If Select Home Warranty’s customer service is as good as their sales staff, I look forward to a long and trouble free business relationship with them. Just signed up with select, so I’m hopeful this all works out, and in a perfect world, I will never have to utilize their service. Being as I’m in a 40 plus year old home though, I’m sure at some point I will find out!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Was shopping for a new home warranty, since my present one had a huge price increase. With Select Home Warranty I received twice the coverage and service fees are half of my previous company. Mark was very patient explaining and answering all my many questions. A pleasant buying experience. I had already checked out several other companies and none could compare to Select Home Warranty.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am happy I chose Select Home Warranty to their competitors after receiving good customer service and affordable pricing and great coverage for our peace of mind. I will refer all my family and friends to Select Home Warranty. As I'm sure they will be happy they made the right choice also to save money and shield their pockets. The agent I spoke to was very pleasant and helpful. He went above and beyond to find us the best plan available.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is my first warranty plan. I feel the representative was very courteous, friendly and helpful. I feel that I will recommend the plan to a family member or friend, but I have to see first how it works for me. I want to feel confident that any claim will be taken care of in the event something happens. Since this is my first plan, there isn't much to say until there is a problem to report, then I can see how the matter is handled yet I feel confident.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

David did a real nice job explaining all the options that I had avail to me. I was just going to sign up for one year, he did not pressure me instead he just explained to me my options. I was glad he did I signed up for the 3yrs. & got an extra 6 months. This is the first time I even looked into a home warranty. I think that it is darn worth the money for the peace of mind it brings to the home owner. Thank you David **.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Initial set up was easy and fast, they explained how it works answered all questions I had, even help to set up multi home coverage. Super friendly, easy process, did not have to wait for them to answer phone. He explained everything set by set, so I would know what to do when something happens. stated we are well covered in our area. Kept me informed through the whole phone call, asked questions with easy to understand responses. He did not push me into decision.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I absolutely love the amazing customer service with this company. The prices can't be beat. The only thing I would change is that a rep calls you the second you put your phone number in to get a quote. I had to call back because I wanted to do my own research into the company. I seen really good reviews and did not hesitate to call them back. I am completely satisfied with my experience so far.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Very pleasant individual who was well versed in informing us about the above topic. Jeff ** seems to be a very knowledgeable gentleman and seems to take pride in his performance concerning the products and the coverage. Jeff ** went the extra mile by informing us of our senior citizen discount and how Select Home Warranty will provide us efficient timely service whenever we need service. He also pointed out minimum monthly payments will be $50.00 per month and that we would be able to cancel at any time, if we weren't satisfied with the company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Service call was on time and professional. I had a leak from my washer and the water flowed to my basement. The plumber assigned examined the situation and only a cleaning was needed. My washer does not leak now. I now have another issue with my diverter in upstairs bathroom and will call Select warranty for another appointment. Very glad I selected this company. Saved a lot of money from Sears that I had before. I also considered Choice warranty but they charged much more. Select is reasonable and delivers what they say.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We received a fair home warranty plan quote. The salesperson said they were Tom and the email response was from a different person. However the rep was courteous and professional. The pressure sales pitch for the 3 or 5 year plan was reasonable and stopped once I confirmed we were just interested in one year for now. The service price quote was $15 less than the competitor. We were offered two months free which was one month more than the competitor.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Great job, the sales agent described all the service points and explained how the job will be done. We went through the coverage and options for 5 year pricing in detail. The process was quick and easy and very well documented. I understood all the details and all the questions I had were answered. My questions were surrounding availability and response times as well as the yearly and multi year contract options. We went over the system and appliance coverage as well. I received an extra discount for multi year.

Select Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Headquartered in New Jersey, Select Home Warranty offers three simple home warranty plans to fit every homeowner’s needs and budget. The company has a network of more than 10,000 local contractors available to provide fast, quality service to their customers.

• Accessibility: Customers can call or email for service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Non-emergency calls are scheduled within a maximum of two business days when service is requested on a weekday, or four business days if the call is made on a weekend or holiday.

• Low service fee: While service fees vary slightly according to your plan, they’re usually as low as $60.

• High HVAC coverage limits: Select Home Warranty’s $2,000 coverage limit on HVAC systems is one of the highest in the industry.

• Optional coverage add-ons: Add on additional coverage for areas that need it, including your pool, second refrigerator, sump pump, ice maker, spa and more.

• Multiple year coverage discount: Customers who opt for multiple year coverage are eligible for a discount. Contact a representative to find out how much you can save.

• Best for: homeowners, buyers, sellers and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Select Home Warranty Company Information