toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A claim was filed for the dishwasher. It was not draining/washing the dishes properly. SHW sent an amazing contractor to my house who not only repaired the dishwasher but made sure that it was working properly before leaving. He cleaned up after the repairs were made and was very thorough.

I filed a claim for my a/c in the beginning of the summer. Select Home Warranty found someone in my area to come to home to diagnose the problem. Repairs were completed within 48 hours of making the claim right before the weather started getting really warm. Quick and error free service all around.

This is the 3rd time we have had to call Select Home Warranty in the past year. Every time the personnel were helpful. This time we filed a claim online and the service was just as good. Thank you for paying attention to our needs!

Select Home Warranty is very impressive. I placed a claim online for hot water problem. Within 2 hrs I had an appointment with a plumber to come out. That plumber came the same day. It turned out that my pilot was out and the water heater didn't need any fixing. Even though there was no repair done Select was very good in the process.

My stove claim was completed very quickly. The representatives on the phone at SHW are super professional and courteous. The contractor sent to my house repaired the stove right away for me. I was really impressed with the quality of service I received. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

The contractor Select Home Warranty sent to us was very good. He thoroughly inspected my fridge and was able to repair the issues I was having with it. He was professional, courteous and on time. I am very pleased with my warranty.

I filed a claim online for my washing machine as it was not draining all the water. I got a call later that afternoon from a contractor wanting to schedule an appointment. The contractor who ended up coming to my house was professional, on time and knew a lot about my particular model machine. He knew what the issue was right away and was able to repair it on the same service visit. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

I filed a claim with them on a Sunday that my heating unit was not working and it was currently 57 degrees in my home. I am a single mother of three children and one child under the age of 1. I gave them the model number and serial number of the unit in my house in the attic and was told then to wait 24-48 hours then I would receive an email as to who the tech would be that would servicing the unit. I never received that email!!! I had to call them back. I then called the tech company that was going to be providing the service and they could not come out until another 30 hours later.

The tech diagnosed the problem, sent me an email and reported it to Select Warranty for an authorization to fix the problem. I also forwarded the email to Select Warranty. I then had to wait another 24-48 hours before they authorize the repair work to get done. Then had to wait and schedule another appointment with the tech to come out and fix the problem again. We are now 5 days and counting with no heat. I do not recommend this company to anyone and I am looking into cancelling my policy.

This the worst company for home protection. My furnace went out on January 27, 2017. A service person came out on Wednesday February 1, 2017. He gave the diagnostic report of the motor overheating and don't run, motor is binding won't turn and told us our service charges. He sent the email to Select Home Warranty. They sent back a email acknowledging they received it. He also sent us a copy. The young lady who answered the phone said that they had not received any email. I told her that they had sent back an email so I know they got it. I was told that it will take another 24 to 48 hours for someone to get back with me.

I asked to speak to a supervisor whose name is Charles. He told me that there was nothing that they could do about it. It had to go to the claims department to see if it was covered and they had to see why it's not working which didn't make sense to me. I asked him if he didn't know if the motor was covered and he said no so my question to him was why would it cover heating and air if the motor isn't covered. I told him that I would call the Better Business Bureau. I also said that I will give the company a bad review. I have called the company on three different occasions and they have not fixed anything but did receive payment.

Don't waste your time anymore with this company. The service person told us we were going to have trouble trying to get our furnace fixed with this company. I've called this company out for plumbing problems. I called them up for the electrical problems and also about a refrigerator and they fixed nothing. Don't use this company!

My washer was not working (Spin option was not working). Called Select Home Warranty added a claim on Dec 30th. Service technician called me back on Jan 3rd. Service technician was not a professional one either. (Some local company). Did not explain what's wrong with the machine. He said it will take few days for him to get the parts. He came and replaced some parts on his schedule.. We don't know whether he changed something or not... We have the same problem with our washer again and called Select home warranty (Worst warranty service you can get).

I need to pay the copay again even though the issue is still there.. The reason is first claim was made on Dec 30th (even though got the service after a week). Second claim for the same issue is made on Jan 30th so it's more than a month, so I have to pay the copay... Customer service personnel was so rude (talked with three) and even hang up the phone... I tried to talk to the manager and he is always busy and won't talk to me... He will call back in 24hrs.. Worst customer service experience... Don't even plan for getting warranty from these guys... Dishwasher they won't cover replacement... They will pay you $75 if it's not working... Even though they say they will pay $75.. I did not get my check for which I submitted all the receipt and paperwork a month ago... I have used home warranties before but this is the worst one I have ever seen.

I filed a claim online for my washing machine. I received a call the next business day from a technician who wanted to come and schedule an appointment. My washing machine was easily repaired without any difficulty or hassles. The parts that needed replacing were approved right away from Select Home Warranty. I am very satisfied with my warranty and highly recommend them.

Factual basis uncertain

The customer service is not customer friendly. The claims department is a bunch angry people including the managers. Their attitude is I do not care. Their ability to write details and explain them is below grade school. They do not care about their customers. Their tone is wrong and very angry. I believe they will not be around long because they do not have good people skills. I have had enough, it does not get better. There is no one to go to that advocates for the customer.

I had plumbing issues a few weeks back and the plumber who came out to my house was fabulous. He was on time, professional and very experienced. My issue was fixed quickly. I had no problems with the plumbing since then.

My a/c wasn't cooling this summer. We live in FL and it tends to get very very hot. We rely on the a/c a lot. I was very impressed with the service I got from SHW and the contractor. The contractor came over very quickly to repair the a/c. I didn't have to call 1,000 times to find out the status or anything. My claim was handled exactly the way I was told it was going to get handled. I am so happy.

Factual basis uncertain

Select Home Warranty (SHW) home insurance firm is simply cheats their customers. Please don't get into their trap and get robbed/cheated. I had a problem (not working at all) with my dishwasher ($600 USD) which is just 6 years old where SHW failure to repair nor reimburse for the new one. They sent me an email that they reimburse $125 for cost of repair or to buy new one for whatever I choose, which I had already paid $95 ($50 + $45) for handy man's (two times) for just diagnosis.

Now I have bought new one, the cost is $1000 USD. After submitting the invoice, now they are telling me "$125 email was sent mistakenly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Now we can reimburse only $100." The similar kind of situation happened with microwave also. So DO NOT trust this ridiculous and dishonest home insurance firm. They are totally disloyal. Folks, you should feel my pain before choosing this SHW home insurance... If you choose this firm then you will be in the severe trouble.

My sprinkler claim was handled professionally by the contractors of SHW. The representative who took my claim info down was very informative of the process and the contractor explained everything that he was going to do what he thought caused the problem. I am happy with Select.

I filed a claim online for my plumbing issues. I received confirmation from SHW that a plumber will be in contact to schedule an appointment. The plumber was professional, courteous and on time. He repaired the plumbing issues promptly. I am very satisfied with SHW and recommend them to all.

I filed a claim online with Select Home Warranty. It was determined that there was issues with my heat pump. The contractor was able to get approval for the repairs and replaced the necessary parts. I was very happy with how my claim was handled and the service I received. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

I was having plumbing problems with the toilet. A plumber was hired and sent to my home by SHW. The plumber was excellent. He was thorough, professional and worked very clean. My repairs were completed within the same visit. I highly recommend SHW.

Over the summer I began experiencing issues with my a/c system. I called SHW to file a claim. A technician was then sent to my house to assess the issues. The technician was able to find out what was wrong with my unit and proceeded to make the repairs. The service was professional and fast.

I filed a claim last month for my heating issues. A contractor was sent to my house who repaired the heating system. The contractor was professional, courteous and thorough. He inspected the unit thoroughly before repairing it. He also made sure that everything was working perfectly before leaving.

My sump pump was not draining properly. I filed a claim and right away a contractor was sent to my house to repair it. He had to call SHW while he was at my house to get approval for the work he was about to do but once he got it he proceeded with the repairs. I have had no issues since and am very happy.

I had issues with my heating system. A claim was filed. A technician was assigned to my claim and sent to my home. The technician diagnosed my problem and repaired it the same day. I was very happy with the outcome of my claim.

I am very impressed with the service I have received not only from the contractors and technician but by the representatives at Select Home Warranty. My claims were all handled professionally and timely. Repairs if needed were completed within the timeframe provided by the contractor. Overall I highly recommend this warranty.

Factual basis uncertain

I contacted Select Home Warranty on January 12, 2017. I requested service in my refrigerator, dryer, and my roof. I received a call saying that the refrigerator was not covered. I said ok, but how about the dryer and the roof. I was told that they were still trying to locate someone for those repairs. I called a few days ago, and I was told that they are still trying to find someone to come. Today I'm told that there was no service in my area, and I would have to pay for it and then be reimbursed. I am a cancer patient, and I do not work. I'm on a very strict budget. That was my reason for getting the warranty. I cannot afford to not have one. So I just received a call from Mr. ** (as I'm writing this) who has agreed to send me out a check to find my own repairman. I appreciate him doing so, but, if I have to find my own serviceman, then why can't you? Must say that I feel bamboozled. Why was I not told that there was no service people in this area?

A supervisor named Edwart in the call center, hope I spelled his name correctly, told me today that there is service, but they would take 3 weeks to get them. So, as I sit here with dirty clothes, dirty bed sheets, damp dirty towels, and bacteria building, I’m hoping that my cancer stricken immune system does not make me end up in the hospital since I'm unable to take them out to clean, and live alone with no one in the state to help me. I am NEVER late, nor do I ever MISS a payment. Select Home Warranty just do as you are suppose to do!!! No more no less. If I can find someone in this area to come... why can't you?

I filed a claim with Select Home Warranty when my fridge was not working. The food was not staying as cold as it needed to be. A contractor was sent to my house the same day who was able to find the source of the problem. He repaired my issue the same moment and tested the fridge, making sure it worked well before leaving. The service was reasonably quick.

I called SHW last week to file a claim for my ice maker. A contractor was hired and sent to my home the next morning. He was on time and very professional. The contractor found the issue right away and was able to make the repairs that visit... I was very impressed with how professional and thorough the service was.

I called Select Home Warranty to file a claim for my garage door as it was not opening. A contractor was sent to my house the next morning. The contractor was very informative and super professional. He found the problem and was able to fix it right away for me. I was very happy.

I filed a claim last month for my stove. The oven was not heating properly. SHW sent a contractor to my house to inspect and repair the stove. The contractor replaced the part that was no longer working and made sure the oven was functioning before leaving. I was only responsible to pay my deductible. I am very satisfied with my warranty.

I filed an a/c claim last summer. The contractor who came to the house was professional, courteous and on time. He inspected my unit and was able to repair it right away for us. I am very happy and satisfied with my warranty through SHW. I recommend them all the time to friends and family.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile