toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A claim was filed for the dishwasher. It was not draining/washing the dishes properly. SHW sent an amazing contractor to my house who not only repaired the dishwasher but made sure that it was working properly before leaving. He cleaned up after the repairs were made and was very thorough.

I filed a claim for my a/c in the beginning of the summer. Select Home Warranty found someone in my area to come to home to diagnose the problem. Repairs were completed within 48 hours of making the claim right before the weather started getting really warm. Quick and error free service all around.

This is the 3rd time we have had to call Select Home Warranty in the past year. Every time the personnel were helpful. This time we filed a claim online and the service was just as good. Thank you for paying attention to our needs!

Select Home Warranty is very impressive. I placed a claim online for hot water problem. Within 2 hrs I had an appointment with a plumber to come out. That plumber came the same day. It turned out that my pilot was out and the water heater didn't need any fixing. Even though there was no repair done Select was very good in the process.

The way Select Home Warranty handled my dishwasher claim was better than I could have expected. A contractor was sent to my house quickly. The contractor was professional, knowledgeable and was able to make all the repairs on the same day. The customer service team at Select has been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

I filed a claim with Select Home Warranty for my air conditioning unit. A technician contacted me about 24 hours later. The service he provided was very good. I have been with Select for a few years now and am very happy with them.

My dishwasher recently broke and filing a claim on the Select Home Warranty website was very easy. The next day, the contractor came out to my house and the service he provided was amazing. I am very happy with my warranty and highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

I am very satisfied with Select Home Warranty. My a/c claim was filed and completed very quickly. The process was quick, the contractor was professional and the service from start to finish was great. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

I recently filed an a/c claim with SHW. I filed my claim late at night and the appointment was scheduled with the technician the very next day. The technician contacted me in the morning to discuss an appropriate appointment time and he arrived on time as planned. The service was very good and he was able to resolve my a/c issues.

I filed a claim with Select Home Warranty by phone for my washing machine. I was contacted by their technician within 24 hours of filing my claim. The technician was courteous and responsive. The work they did was very good. I am very happy with my Select Home Warranty warranty.

I filed a claim online for my dishwasher. The services provided by the contractor and Select for my claim was very professional. The contractor was on time and prepared. The repairs were completed within a very reasonable amount of time. I was informed of the process every step of the way. I highly recommend SHW.

I am pretty satisfied with my warranty experience. The representatives are easy to speak with and my claims do get processed within a reasonable amount of time. The only downfall is that sometimes the wait hold does get pretty long especially in the summer. I assume it has to do with a lot of calls coming in but if that was streamlined a bit better they would get a much higher rating from me.

I filed a claim online for my washing machine. A few hours later I received an email stating that a contractor will be calling with an appointment and they also told me who will be calling. The contractor arrived on time, was professional and made the repairs on the same visit. The claim process was very quick.

My a/c claim was handled professionally. The representative on the phone took down my claim information quickly. She was very thorough and polite over the phone. She sent a contractor to my house to then make repairs on the unit. He was well informed of the problem before coming out to my house.

I filed a claim via the Select Home Warranty website for my a/c. Something was wrong and the output was not what it used to be. The contractor who came out thoroughly diagnosed the a/c. He was able to repair it and provided me with some tips to help avoid this issue from happening again.

Factual basis uncertain

I have had problems with Select since I paid my $400 last year, they always find some reason not to pay for services. My AC broke down, I have it serviced every year yet they refuse to pay anything towards replacing the system. When they are selling you the contract they say they will cover everything and that all you have to pay is $45. Don't believe them, they are hard to get in touch with, they are rude and they care nothing about your problem. All they want is your money. I am going back to American Home Shield, much better company!

I filed a plumbing claim online. A plumber came to my house the next morning to fix my plumbing issues. The plumber was thorough and very efficient. I am very happy with the plumber and how Select Home Warranty handled my claim.

Scammers, unprofessional, just plain fraud. Denied 2 out of 3 legitimate claims and the one they partially covered, I had to fight hard for it. Extremely unprofessional management. Denied a claim for fridge suggesting it was a gasket even without sending a technician to the house. This resulted in having to purchase a new fridge out of the emergency. When cancel policy they offered 7 dollars out of 450 I paid with 7 months left on the policy.

I never write reviews...but felt I needed to for this company. My experience has been awful. Every customer service rep I have spoken to has been rude, and sounded like they hate their job. Terribly unhelpful...and I will tell you that I have been kind and calm each time I called in. Just bitter for no reason. I spoke to a supervisor that told me one thing, and the company didn't stand behind it. They will find any, every way or loophole they can to avoid paying out a claim. They boast about a 24/7, 365 days a year workforce of contractors...that is simply not true. I had to find my own contractor because they didn't have one that would call me back. I had to contact 2 contractors multiple times over multiple days and they never called me back. Don't waste your money on this company until they learn how to treat customers.

It was right before the holiday season and my oven stopped heating up. I panicked and called SHW right away. A contractor was at my door a few hours later. He had to replace the heating element in my stove and because it was a popular model he was able to get a replacement part quickly. The stove worked perfectly and I was able to cook for my family. Thank you.

I filed a claim for my pool heater not working. The pool contractor came out and needed to replace a part. He got Select Home Warranty to approve the replacement part and he came back to install it once the part came in. The service was very efficient and professional.

The service from the repair man on my air conditioning unit was very good. He was professional, on time and very thorough. He completed the work on the unit and tested it several times before leaving. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty. Overall outstanding customer service.

Select Home Warranty has been a blessing for our home. With a mid 1960's home I need a reliable and reputable contractors to resolve house issues. I have found the small monthly warranty payments to Select Home Warranty a perfect fit to our budget and a wonderful means to have security and repair matters resolved quickly.

My dishwasher was not working. Select Home Warranty scheduled a call within 24 hours. The contractor arrived on time and was very pleasant. The dishwasher needed a part which had to be ordered but he was able to do a temporary fix and although I had to be careful it got me through the holidays with a house full of company. He returned with the part, fixed it quickly. Great service from everyone.

I highly recommend Select Home Warranty. The service I received when I filed my oven claim was amazing. A technician was assigned to my claim who by the way arrived as scheduled. His truck had basic parts needed for multiple repairs and he had the part I needed to repair the stove. He called Select while at my home and got the new part approved. He installed it as soon as they gave the ok. Everything has worked perfectly since then.

The technician Select Home Warranty sent to repair my air conditioner was on time and professional. The technician was able to repair my air conditioner the same day and it has been working well since then. I have never had any issues with my claims. I am very satisfied with my warranty.

I filed a claim for my air conditioner which was not working over the summer. Select Home Warranty processed my claim quickly and sent someone to my home to make repairs. The overall service was quick and professional. It was very easy having my issue repaired.

I filed a claim because our KitchenAid garbage disposal stopped working. Select's resolution was to reimburse us $75 to pay for the replacement. Labor to install will not be covered. Where in the world can you buy a garbage disposal for $75? When I called, the CS agent explained that Select will only pay the cheapest brand.

My claim for the air conditioning system was handled professionally. I was very impressed with the quality of service I received from Select Home Warranty. Filing my claim was very easy and dealing with the representatives over the phone went smoothly. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

I filed a claim for the a/c online. I ended up getting a phone call from a contractor that afternoon requesting to schedule an appointment. The contractor was on time and professional. My claim was handled very well and without any issues.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile