toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A claim was filed for the dishwasher. It was not draining/washing the dishes properly. SHW sent an amazing contractor to my house who not only repaired the dishwasher but made sure that it was working properly before leaving. He cleaned up after the repairs were made and was very thorough.

I filed a claim for my a/c in the beginning of the summer. Select Home Warranty found someone in my area to come to home to diagnose the problem. Repairs were completed within 48 hours of making the claim right before the weather started getting really warm. Quick and error free service all around.

This is the 3rd time we have had to call Select Home Warranty in the past year. Every time the personnel were helpful. This time we filed a claim online and the service was just as good. Thank you for paying attention to our needs!

Select Home Warranty is very impressive. I placed a claim online for hot water problem. Within 2 hrs I had an appointment with a plumber to come out. That plumber came the same day. It turned out that my pilot was out and the water heater didn't need any fixing. Even though there was no repair done Select was very good in the process.

My garbage disposal claim was handled excellent. The contractor said that it was more money to fix than to replace so he has Select Home approve the replacement part. The contractor came back the next day to replace it. I was very happy with the overall service I got. My questions were always answered by the representatives on the phone and they were always polite.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

I am happy with my warranty and experience so far with Select Home Warranty. My claim for the leaking sink was handled quickly. A plumber was sent to my house the same day to make repairs on it. Since the repairs were completed there were no other issues with it. I was happy to see a job done well and the first time around. I also didn't get the runaround like I did with my previous company which made me very happy.

My ice maker claim was handled very professionally. A technician came to my house within 24 hours of filing my claim. The repairs for the ice maker were completed as soon as the new parts arrived. The service was timely, professional, and without any hassles or delays. I would definitely recommend this service.

I filed a claim for my stove and the service I received was very good. The staff were professional and answered all my questions. They sent a contractor who was very knowledgeable to my house to make repairs. The timeliness of the claim was also prompt. I highly recommend Select Home Warranty.

I called SHW when my garbage disposal was not working. A contractor came to my house and said that I needed to have it replaced. He called SHW while at my home and waited for them to provide the approval for the replacement. As soon as the replacement disposal was approved the contractor had the new one installed.

I filed a claim with SHW for my washing machine. The technician came to my house on time and was professional and courteous. The repairs and parts were changed within a very reasonable timeframe. The washing machine has worked very well since then. I am very satisfied with my warranty from SHW.

My husband called in and filed a claim for my dishwasher when it was not working. A contractor came to my house the next morning and he said that some parts needed replacing. He called the warranty company right away on the phone and once they approved the new parts he came back to my house and repaired the dishwasher. The whole process was handled seamlessly.

I had some issues with the upstairs toilet. I filed a claim online and got a response from someone within a few hours. A plumber was assigned to my claim and called to schedule an appointment for later that day. The plumber arrived on time and was able to repair the toilet that day. I received very very professional service. Thank you.

I was having a lot of problems with my air conditioner over the summer. I called Select Home Warranty right away for help. They had a technician sent to my home within 24 hours to make repairs. The technician who came was very professional and fixed the air conditioner without delay. I am very satisfied with my warranty.

I had some a/c issues over the summer. It took a day to have someone come to my home because the contractor was very busy but when he came he was professional, courteous and thorough. He repaired my a/c quickly and made sure it worked well before leaving.

Select Home Warranty sent a plumber to my house when the master bath toilet was leaking. The plumber was very thorough making sure he didn't miss anything. He repaired the leak and made sure everything was running smoothly before leaving the house. The service was very professional.

I called to file a claim with Select Home Warranty when my fridge was leaking water. A representative promptly sent a contractor to assess and repair the issues. The contractor who came was very professional and neat. He was organized and came prepared. Repairs were completed within 2 days' time.

SHW sent a contractor when my garage door was not going up or down. The contractor was professional, courteous and on time. He repaired our garage door quickly and without any hiccups. The service so far from SHW has been easy and pleasant.

I had issues with my stove not heating. I filed a claim online. I got a response back telling me that a contractor was assigned and will be in touch to schedule the appointment. The contractor was prompt, courteous and professional. He quickly completed the repairs and made sure that everything was working properly before leaving. Thank you.

I called Select Home Warranty when my heater stopped working. They sent a contractor to my house right away to fix my issues. The contractor came prepared and even had some parts in the van that were for my particular heater. Everything was fixed that afternoon. I highly recommend the service.

I filed a claim for my plumbing issues in the upstairs bathroom. A plumber was sent to my home to see what the exact issue was and to make repairs. The plumber was prompt, professional and courteous. He explained the issue and proceeded with repairs. I am very satisfied with my service.

I have had 4 issues so far and every single one was denied. I showed proof that what they were saying was untrue but the person (Charles) would say his piece, state something incorrect and then stay silent on the line. I would show proof that what he was saying was incorrect but all he would only say "Is there anything else I can help you with". Basically ignoring what I would say. On each occasion I have spoken to the techs that came out and they stated that they knew the company would not repair. They look for any reason to deny. My advice is to stay away from this company. Hopefully with enough reviews they will go out of business soon. My claims were for 2 AC's and then for 2 Heaters a few months later.

I purchased the top of the line home warranties from this company for our primary home and a rental home that we own. I received a call from my renters stating that the hot water tank is leaking and they don't have hot water. I placed a claim with Select Home Warranty on 12/29/16 early in the morning. I received an email on 12/30/16 stating that they have assigned a contractor to go look at the hot water tank. I called and talked with contractor and he said that the hot water tank needs replaced and he submitted this to Select Home Warranty.

I then called Select Home Warranty to expedite this since we are coming upon a Holiday weekend. Select Home denied the claim because the contractor had stated the "drip leg was originally installed improperly and upside down". I let the contractor know this and he said that the drip leg has nothing to do with the water tank leaking and he had never heard of this. Bottom line, Select Home Warranty will deny a claim for any reason they can find. This hot water tank is from 1991 and needs replaced. So, I will have to pay for the water tank to be replaced even though I paid for the Home Warranty. I will not renew with this company. They are slow to respond and will not pay for anything if they can find a way to get out of it. If you do use them, keep each and every receipt from all maintenance on any of your appliances, HVAC etc. or they won't cover it either.

My oven was not heating properly. I filed a claim online via the SHW website. Later that afternoon I received a call from a technician requesting to schedule an appointment. The technician arrived the next morning and found what my issue was. He called SHW right away and was able to get a replacement part approved. As soon as the approval came through the replacement part was installed.

I filed a claim for my air conditioner over the summer. Overall the service from Select Home Warranty was pleasant. Representatives are polite and professional over the phone. The contractors who are sent to your home is professional and knowledgeable. I had no issues and did not need any additional repairs to be done after the first time they came out. I am pretty happy and satisfied with my warranty.

I called Select Home Warranty the other day to file a claim for my dryer. The representative over the phone was very courteous. He took down all my information and told me to expect a call from a contractor shortly. The contractor came to my house yesterday and fixed my dryer. The service has was perfect. Awesome job!

I filed a claim with Select Home Warranty when my heat was acting up. A contractor was sent to my home the same day. He was professional, polite and on time. He found the issue right away and was able to repair it. My heat is working perfectly now. Thank you.

Over the last 6 months, I have had to contact Select Home Warranty multiple times. On a major oven issues, I am still trying to get resolution after over 4 months of constant contact. They are so unresponsive and at every turn find excuses to give lousy service. I recently was promised by Jermel (Customer Service Manager) an amount to cover a problem for my oven. The oven needs $800 in repairs, he only authorized $200. Now, when the documentation came through to sign, they are only authorizing $130. I then called back to the customer service department to get a resolution. I was told that they had to deduct the $45 service fee. I then had to explain that I paid the $45 service fee to the technician that came out earlier on the call for the service. The person on the phone had no authority to fix anything and had to defer to Jermel who is now supposed to call me back.

Even if they found a justification to charge me $45 co-pay again, the math is $200-$45 which is $155 and not $130. Seriously, don't walk away from this company. RUN RUN RUN. BTW, years ago, I had **. I remember having to process a claim for a major repair. The experience was straight forward, honest and easy. There is absolutely no comparison with Select Home Warranty. I repeat, Select Home Warranty is a terrible company. Do not do business with them!!! I wish that I could give a ZERO star rating. This company is TERRIBLE, and Jermel is awful.

I filed a claim for my fridge. The next morning a contractor was at my house making repairs. The service was amazingly quick. The contractor was professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable. I could not be happier with my warranty through Select Home Warranty.

I have received 5+ star services from Select Home Warranty the past 2 years. I am extremely satisfied with my warranty. All my claims were handled promptly and professionally. Technicians were assigned to my claims and sent to my home right away to complete all necessary repairs.

I am very happy with my experience so far with Select Home Warranty. My air conditioner claim was filed promptly. A technician was hired and sent to my home within a reasonable amount of time and the repairs were professionally completed. I am happy with the warranty and service I have gotten thus far from them.

Select Home Warranty Company Profile