Call toll free

View More View More

4231 Select Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 6 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I recently obtained a new policy with Select Home Warranty, but had used them before over the years. The experience obtaining the latest policy was great and the customer service department has always been receptive to any issues or service orders we've needed in the past. I believe Select Home Warranty is a great value when compared to others out there. We will surely renew with them in the future, as having a reliable, reasonably priced, and dependable home warranty is important to us.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was very pleased with the customer service in buying my warranty and the immediate quote I received and the deal cannot be beat, I called around for a while to several other top of the list competitors and Select is the cheapest and the best co-pay. Thumbs up! I would highly recommend to my family and friends. At least I know who I'll be renewing with next year and who I'll have for any future houses that I buy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Belinda was very helpful and I enjoyed doing business with her. I had checked around different warranty companies and decided to go with your company because I thought I would get great service from your company. Belinda answered all my questions and I trusted her. Give Belinda a promotion! I just moved into my house in Bellevue last year, and was covered by a home warranty paid by the seller. I like not having to worry about major costs of repairs and having a warranty in place.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The only thing I find annoying is your repeated calls to me. I told you I would call when I had time to talk. The man I spoke with at my convenience was very knowledgeable and answered my questions. Please rework the system so that you do not repeatedly bother people. I was considering another company. I only went with you on a friend's recommendation. This is all I have to say so far as I have not used the policy yet.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I haven't actually used the service yet, but signing up was fast and straightforward. The representative was able to answer all of my questions about coverage, costs, and the process of making a claim. I chose Select because they were offering a better deal than their competitors and unlike other home warranties they included roof leak service. My only complaint was the multiple attempts to upsell me on a longer term in spite of my refusal. However, at least right now it seems like a good deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

In my search for a home warranty policy, I peruse the ConsumerAffairs website for the top service companies in my area. Select Home Warranty was one of the top 3 companies with 4 1/2 stars and over 4,00 reviews. After speaking with Nathan ** at ext. **, who went over the different policies and promotions. Select was the winning choice. The coverage, price, reviews and ConsumerAffairs rating was a excellent tool in influencing our decision. Kudos to Nathan ** for your professionalism and kindness.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

It took over a week to get the work order to the approve technician who stated he did not like to work with Select Home Warranty because he had issues in the past getting reimbursement for work completed with the company. Once he did evaluate the issue it took several days and at least 6-7 phone calls to get the claim approved. As of today I have an approval email but do not know how long it will take to get reimbursed.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The customer service I received from the Select representative was very helpful and all my questions were answered therefore helping me to make the decision to sign-up for this particular home warranty. I would definitely recommend to family and friends. The rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable. I felt that the pricing was reasonable and affordable and they worked with me to find the right fit for me. I am very grateful for the assistance I received.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Mark made it easy and painless to get a home warranty on our existing property. Great service, answered all of our questions without any high pressure sales agenda. Contract for warranty came thru in minutes and was just as promised. No gimmicks, no pressure, personal and professional. Easiest warranty that we have ever bought. Mark gave us all of his contact information and the information he provided was priceless. Thanks Mark. We look forward to working with you and your company for many years to come.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

David was polite, professional and answered all my questions quickly and in a way I could understand. Very easy to find the right coverage for me. Quick response from the sales department. Will definitely recommend to all my friends and family. They have great rates and low deductible payments. Offer wide range of covered equipment. Has 24/7 365 operators to help with your issues. Definitely a good choice for me and my family. Good company good reviews.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My agent was very informative and helpful. He gave me different billing options and explained them in detail. I was willing to pay for one year, but he explained the benefit of locking in for three years. His name was Abraham. He immediately emailed me the documentation also. I also expressed frustration that I had been contacted by 3 different reps within an hour. He stated he would resolve that issue for me immediately. He was kind and professional also.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I just signed up for the home warranty and was given amazing information and all my questions were answered adequately. I was between two companies and I am so glad I went with Select Home Warranty. They put my mind at ease in this process. I am hoping the service if I ever have to use it will be as satisfactory as their sales department was. Thanks again to the amazing sales department for all their help.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had a marvelous sales representative, Richard, who gave me all the information about Select Home Warranty and gave me the best price I had received from any other warranty company. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and great to work with. I look forward to receiving the best service possible from Select Home Warranty. He emailed me the contract immediately so I have in writing all that the company stands for. They have a thirty day refund policy in case I can find another company that outdoes them, but I am sure that won't happen. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Mark answered the phone when I called and was very helpful and efficient. This was the most painless money I have ever spent. So far, I would recommend Select Home Warranty. He also added the free roof leak that I didn't even know about.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I just wanted to express my admiration for Daniel!! Questions he answered amazingly & with such patience!! He was 1 of the most gracious people to talk with, answering my questions with skill & never condescending!! I can truly feel that I am as important as the clients that could afford to purchase a 5 yr plan. Thank you!! I can only hope this is a quality that I will continue to see for the future in any dealings with your company!! GREAT WORK DANIEL???

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The sales representative has outstanding selling, communication and negotiation skills. He was knowledgeable, professional and courteous. I have been reviewing several home service companies for the past 3 months. Three companies made it to the top of my list. The services provided by the companies are very similar. After completing my research, the sales rep from Select Home Warranty provided me with the policy that I felt met my needs and a better price than offered by the other companies.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Currently, my family is covered by Old Republic with a plan which was purchased by the Seller of our home. Old Republic decided to raise our rate and service call fee, so we decided to start shopping around. Select Home Warranty has better user reviews online, so we decided to give them a call and see how their rates would compare to Old Republic.

First, the sales representative, Daniel, was very helpful. He answered questions regarding terms & conditions (what is covered), costs, and limitations. He followed up when we asked for more time to evaluate, but wasn't constantly spamming our phone. The plan itself is comparable to other home warranty plans in regards to coverage and limitations, so we were very pleased in that regard. In addition, the coverage dates were excellent as first time customers with Select, so that was another bonus. Overall, we have been very happy with the purchase experience. While I can't yet speak to the service quality *during* service, this has been positive so far, and I'd recommend to others.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Talking with the representative made me feel very confident in my choice with your warranty. The price was in my budget and the warranty covers my needs. Looking forward to more years with your company for my warranty needs. Also looking on the internet your company was rated in the top 3 home warranties. My previous company was not even in the top 10. Also I'm told we can possibly use our own techs as well. That is a great feature along with the quick response time to fix whatever issue we may have. I am pretty impressed.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Warranty of things in your home. I have had another warranty co. and they were pretty good but too much money. I feel this co. will be better that is why I went with them. I will know better the first time I have to use them. I have pretty lucky so far I haven't needed anything done yet so I haven't tested the service. As of yet everything looks good so far.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The customer service rep, David **, was professional and courteous, he explained the options and the coverage. I was pleased with this transaction. I certainly will recommend Select Home Warranty to my family and friends. They have received excellent reviews. The offered coverages provided options in three categories, which was helpful and cost saving. I hope I will not have to use this warranty but if the need should arise, I am confident all will be taken care of as stated in the contract.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Clog in sewer line - Customer service was great from both Select Warranty and the contractor that they sent out but Select had to be called again to send out second plumber for the first plumber did not have the proper snake machine. The clog it seems was well over the over 75 ft. from the house and we needed a 100 ft snake machine to clear the stoppage. This is not the first time I have had to call Select warranty. They have do me right this far.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Gold Plan - The salesperson, William **, Select Home Warranty was very patient and helpful during the process of purchasing the home warranty. He did not attempt to "fast" sell me on a package that did not work for me. He was honest and up front with my questions. The plan covers all items in my home and we have the option of adding a septic system at any time during the policy period.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I called September 6 to inquire about policy and the options for condominium. The representative offered suggestions and also noted the promotion that enabled me to obtain the platinum coverage for my condo in NJ at a very good price. They also explained how the policy can be transferred to new owners when we sell the property. They explained the coverage well - what was covered and what was not. The representative was very courteous. Eli ** also called later to verify that everything was in order.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The representative was very well spoken, covered the subject matter well, and was very friendly. I would have no problem recommending your firm to my friends. He presented options which were beneficial to me and ensured that I understood.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Outstanding services from Michael **. After talking to him we were able to get three policies cheaper than what I am paying somewhere else. What a deal and great help from Michael. The entire process was fast and simple. I have a great feeling that all of my properties are now covered. The extra three months was another deal breaker to ensure my properties were covered for a longer time frame. Mr. ** was very knowledgeable and able to answer all the questions I had. Very professional.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Kevin was pleasant, informative, patient, and willing to help. He offered answers to all my questions, and he provided alternatives for the future. He explained the 5 year plan in detail. My experience with the customer service rep was quite satisfactory.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I was shopping for a new home warranty, since I have been unhappy with my current company. The man I spoke to was friendly and helpful. He answered all of my questions and helped me get the best deal. He let me know if promotions happening in my area, as well. The cost of my plan and the service call fee are much lower than my previous warranty plan. I’m happy I made the switch. I feel confident that I will be satisfied with my warranty service with Select Home Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Salesperson answered all my question properly and was very specific as to fees. Even gave me senior citizen discount without me not asking. I am a senior by the way. You were rated no. 2. Of the top warranty services I chose Select Services. I did a lot of searches online and you were in the top 10 and came in at 9.3. Overall you did not push me to buy hard sell as some of the other warranty services.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Because I have not heard from Select (email, snail mail, or otherwise) regarding my renewal, Sol ** was able to give me last year's Home Warranty Rate. He, also, confirmed for me that my concern about Select only paying a minimum amount on any major appliance (i.e., a/c, heating unit). He said they will pay a maximum of $15,000 on any major appliances or damages. He explained how they would begin with the amount shown for replacement/repair of the unit, then pull from other sources to pay (in full) for the unit/appliance. This was my only hold-back on renewing with Select, but after his explanation, I decided to renew. Why don't you encourage ALL agents to explain your policy this way? You would over-loaded with customers! I certainly hope Select backs-up Sol and holds-up their end of this agreement.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Jeff was very informative and fair with his info. He offered me additional plans and not a pushy salesman which I appreciated. He called me back when I requested. I appreciate the opportunity to give Select my business, hoping I will not need to use them. But feel confident They will do a good job! They had good info online and responded fast to my submit for quote. If the service is as good as Jeff was I am sure I will be pleased with Select.

Select Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Headquartered in New Jersey, Select Home Warranty offers three simple home warranty plans to fit every homeowner’s needs and budget. The company has a network of more than 10,000 local contractors available to provide fast, quality service to their customers.

• Accessibility: Customers can call or email for service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Non-emergency calls are scheduled within a maximum of two business days when service is requested on a weekday, or four business days if the call is made on a weekend or holiday.

• Low service fee: While service fees vary slightly according to your plan, they’re usually as low as $60.

• High HVAC coverage limits: Select Home Warranty’s $2,000 coverage limit on HVAC systems is one of the highest in the industry.

• Optional coverage add-ons: Add on additional coverage for areas that need it, including your pool, second refrigerator, sump pump, ice maker, spa and more.

• Multiple year coverage discount: Customers who opt for multiple year coverage are eligible for a discount. Contact a representative to find out how much you can save.

• Best for: homeowners, buyers, sellers and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Select Home Warranty Company Information