4.20/5

- Best in service, 5 star reviews

- Lowest Monthly Cost

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

2298 Select Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The slab under the house has a drain pipe that got clogged. Water started coming through the floor. It was a real emergency. Select Home had a Sewer and Drain clean company to me on the same day! I was very lucky that it wasn't that bad or it could have destroyed my entire house.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Platinum policy is the way to go for the conscious shopper. On my first year I saved and went with a gold plan but it didn't cover everything in my house and when my heat went out I was lucky it wasn't anything serious. Now I upgraded and since had a free system tune and I feel much more secure in my home. Was a good deal for 49 dollars a month.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The water heater was just repaired by Select Warranty and a company they sent me. On time, clean and a real pro he managed to maneuver in a real time basement room for hours to replace some valves and start it back up. Certainly happy with my experience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I stick to my opinion after 4 years that SHW is a company I will continue to renew with. Whether it was my central unit, plumbing, electric wiring or appliances they have always kept their promise and repairs were made and done properly.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Usually people think I'm just a happy go lucky blonde and always try to take advantage of me. Contractors have done this with my limited understanding of house repair things. My Select Warranty has protected me because they care about me and when my washing machine was rumbling they knew who to hire and send to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The speed in which they sent me Teller Services was incredible. They really valued me as a customer and were making calls to me during my repair to make sure the technician who was new to their network did an excellent job. It's been a week and a half and it's still working as new.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

95% of the time the technicians in the past 10 years have been on time and a very small fraction has not. The staff is super friendly and good at their job. The continued value grows as my household appliances get older and keep breaking down more and more.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Seriously my Platinum plan in the last 11 days saves me from a frozen house. The boiler stopped running and me and my girlfriend were shivering. It happened at 1 am and I got someone on the phone at 6 am. I was placed in an emergency queue. It took one hour to get a technician to call me and set up an appointment. He came and he threw it back up. Very grateful. Super company!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When I signed up I read many reviews online and there were a lot of positives and a couple negative situations. I called them and asked them many questions because I had my concerns. They assured me they have been in business a long time and once my 30 day waiting period was over I could make a claim to see the quality of service or cancel.

After 30 days I already had an existing dishwasher that was broken but not really much of a concern to get it repaired. I decided to take them up on the offer and see what would happen once I made a claim. The claim was done online and the forms were easy enough. I received a call back in 2 days from Phil who told me who would be setting up a repair time with me for the following day. I told him that the day wasn't good and he was okay with the day after. He came and he saw that the line to the sink had a hole in it and changed out the water hose. It now functions well and I am happy with my policy as of today.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

When the dishwasher had muddy water I called and made a claim with the Platinum policy I purchased. Select is pretty on the ball when it comes to sending out exceptional contractors. This company Jerald and Scotts of Fifth really were professional and it was 2 people that came and it took them only about an hour to disassemble and find some food that somehow got lodge inside.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

It's been since April since I made a claim. That claim was a really huge disaster for me. The shower pipe broke and was squirting everywhere. I shut the water off manually and called Select and demanded a plumber ASAP. I was pretty upset because it was such a stressful situation. Spoke to a manager and they got me a plumber in 2 hours. I apologized and was just very stressed. They never lost their cool and I totally respect that and now I strongly recommend them to everyone I know.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I added extra pool protection and it has come in handy. Select Platinum Policy cost me $499. My pool has a hot tub attached and the heating unit seized to function. I called up on 8/14 and created a claim which took a good 5 days to get a solid technician out. He had to work on it for 3 days including ordering parts. He did a wonderful job and I was able to have a little more fun use out of the pool.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Sometimes they sent me technicians that were on time and sometimes they were not. I would have to say they were all friendly and all good at the issue. My biggest claim came with a backed up sewer line that popped a pipe. They had an emergency company come out (Roto-Rooter) and they dried the mess and got everything under control.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

It cost me 5 years ago $2000 to have my HVAC that was badly damaged during a storm repaired. It set my family back and ruined a great holiday. I searched up insurance companies but they didn't cover things like this. I then came across a banner online for Select Home Warranty. I called and James answered all my questions. It took me about 2 weeks to agree to a plan and fill out all the paperwork. Right at this time I have filed a claim on a sump pump and a well pump. Both claims were made online and it was quick and easy to deal with. I had a technician call and schedule a appointment in 24 hours. He came and was able to repair both under one deductible and was through and clean. In summary a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Select Home Warranty did a commendable job with three of my lighting fixtures and it was all under one deductible so the savings was really worth it. I had to pay for a new fixture and they installed and the other 2 were possible to repair. This is treating the customer really greatly and thank you again. This is what I signed up for!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Now that the winter's come I drained my pool and there was a hole on the bottom I did not realize before. My additional Select coverage allowed me to set up a claim. It took 2 weeks to get an experienced pool expert in to recement the area and it came out exceptional.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My wife and I received a Select Home Warranty as a wedding gift. We were thinking this wouldn't be such a great gift but after 2 years I can honestly say it was like giving us a three thousand dollar gift. We decided to renew and for new homeowners recommend this plan.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I had a huge leak in my sprinkler pipe. - Something got stuck inside and the pipe froze and burst. When the temperature went up the water shot up into the air. Huge emergency work. Select was fantastic. They took one hour to file a claim and help me turn off the water line. It took three hours more for one of their professionals to come out. They replaced the pipe and did an amazing job.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

As a property manager I already used Select Warranty on 4 properties and make 6 total claims on mainly plumbing and electrical outages. In each case they sent me a technician in 24 to 76 hours. Never once did they give me a bad technician and this allows me to focus on doing my job and not overstressing.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

After waiting 3 years and having countless claims filed. I wanted to make sure I was fair with my review. I have had my Swimming Pool water pumper fixed, my Septic tank repaired and the dishwasher (this was a pretty simple job). In each case the parts and labor were costless to me as per my warranty agreement and I had some great insured people come in. I really am impressed with everyone's professionalism.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was not able to use my bathtub for one month while waiting for my warranty to kick in. When it did the claim I made took 3 more days and a licensed plumber came out and drained out not just the bathtub, but also the bathrooms on the second and third floor as well.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I called Select Home Warranty on Nov 5 to report an outage of the dishwasher. The repair tech came out on Nov 8 and diagnosed the issue. Today is Nov 29 and it is still not repaired. I have talked to 4 supervisors at SHW and all have promised immediate service but none have followed through and everyone has lied. I want to cancel my policies but they are very difficult to deal with. This company is a SHAM!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The best experience I have had with Select Home Warranty was when my second refrigerator stopped working. It was a smaller unit and was only about $150. Select was so nice they decided just to give me $100 check to buy another new unit. This covered a third of my yearly contract and that was just one claim! So I am happy.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The pipe through the bathroom is behind the wall going through the bedroom. The job was very extensive and took 3 days. SHW paid for everything and corrected the problem and even help me find a cost effective sheetrock solution. Will recommend them over and over again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Me and my wife are pleased with Select. We even recommended them to our friends. They have continued to provide upstanding services at a fair price. When my refrigerator leaked they were on the case and within 2 days had a repair person fix it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Select Home Warranty was able to promise me a quick appointment to repair our problem built in microwave. The steam from the oven made muck and somehow broke down the unit. The technician who came in cleaned out the unit so the grease cleared and the problem went away.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

With a large family I have to monitor every dollar we spend. I work full time and so does my husband. It is so frustrating to have to deal with breakdowns and finding contractors. In my 4 experiences during the past year they did A to Z. Calling contractors, making appointments on my days off and always following up. Select has really been worth the yearly cost. It saves this busy mom time to deal with my business.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Select Home Warrant really is committed to making customer satisfaction its priority. Select Home Warranty sent me a contractor that I did not like who tried to tell me my system needed to be replaced when clearly I could tell it just needed a good deep cleaning. I called them and they got in touch with the person who came and demanded he did what was requested and for my trouble not charge a deductible. That is how you treat a customer.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I got SHW for around 2 years now still to date I can’t log in to my account online simply because they don’t have where to register your account online. After repeated calls to their not so bright customer service they told me to email them instead of calling so they can research my issue. Seriously? Research that their website is anemic and trumpy? In the past five years I changed 3 companies for different reasons and learned to read the contract again and again before placing a claim so it won’t get rejected, just people be careful of false advertising.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The electric ceiling fan has a pull chain that just was not working. The polite electrician Select sent told me the unit was old and wasn't worth fixing. Select agreed to install the new one and I could purchase one from my home depot or Lowe's. I did this and I really am glad about this program. The new one is beautiful.

Select Home Warranty Company Information