2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I cancelled my contract on 6/1/2020, was told I would get my refund in 30-45 days which was up 8/3/2020. I have yet to get my refund as of this date 8/16/ 2020! I keep calling them and they tell me they will check on it and no one calls me back! Will not ever do business with HSC again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Consumers beware! Bought a 4-yr contract with HSC last year for $4999; had to use twice for a microwave and a garbage disposal replacement. On both occasions very difficult to deal with service reps who would not contact you on the phone only by email, issues not resolved for up to two weeks (waiting for them to deal with Lowe's to obtain a replacement for my garbage disposal). Later had issues with my pool pump and they completely disregarded my claim; weeks later I get a call from another company based out of California who was working apparently with HSC; nothing resolved.

Finally got fed up and contacted them to cancel my contract; it has been 4 months and I am still awaiting for a refund of the balance paid. I have been calling since May and all I get is outsourced customer service that say they will call me back with an answer on my refund status but nothing; the customer service themselves will not answer the messages I have left. I have already placed a complaint with BBB and still have not heard from them. Do not engage with this company in any type of business, they are not honest and have no desire to keeping customers happy, only their money.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have had HSC for about 5 years. Every time we need something checked or replaced it is so difficult to get any help from HSC. Our heat went out at the beginning of winter. They did not resolve the issue for months. Replacement cost was about 4K. We had to pay half. Now years later our refrigerator is not cooling. Freezer works great. They sent a company called Simply Service who missed the appointment and didn’t call to reschedule. We immediately requested another company along with a call back from a supervisor because HSC would not send a different contractor. We never got a call from supervisor and was forced to deal with a company who couldn’t figure out the issue with the refrigerator which was a leaking water filter. Now again months later we still have no refrigerator in the middle of a pandemic. My family is forced to eat out every day. HSC is a very poor choice and service will make you lose sleep.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Little did I know that signing up with HSC will erase all the moments of panic from my future. I only thought that I was paying for repairs but it ended up that I also paid for my peace of mind! My house is my baby and I want my baby to be protecting. Last week, the washer and dryer were hurting and not working properly. Hesitated because I didn't know if it would be covered but after the repairman diagnosed it, he said it's all covered in my plan.

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,
      Josh Briggs

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have no regrets because I made this decision fully informed. This was only achieved because I was assisted by HSC, they were really patient and let me decide on my own depending on my situation. They adapt to the situation so whenever I throw a problem at them, they cover it! The real deal, HSC. I had some ductwork done and a doorbell repair as well. Next, I might ask for some security as well.

The Home Service Club response

Sincerely,
      Josh Briggs

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: July 30, 2020

Fraudulent company trained how to deny claims and give you runaround. I’ve been member for almost year and never had one thing fixed so far. I’ve ongoing A/c claim that they sent technician after Many phone calls and 3-4 week wait and then never approved the claim stating need new Ac. When contacted the technician he stated I don’t need new Ac but that the company has never fixed anyone’s claim yet in his experience. They keep hanging.

Now they want me to spend .8k for new Ac. My ac is 7 yr old and well maintained. They supposed to fix it or replace it but they stare it is not maintained so they cannot fix it and I’ve to spend 8k for new one. Next I have plumbing claim for last 1 month and they have not bothered to send anyone. They Gave me a number of a tech who refused to take the call as he is not licensed in my county. This lame excuses and fraud is their expertise. I’ve complained to district attorney to investigate them and will take it up as far as I can.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Do not under any circumstances use this company for purchase of a home warranty. All of the negative reviews confirm our experience in dealing with this home warranty company for an air conditioner compressor problem while under warranty. We contacted the company multiple times over the course of several weeks in July 2020. The representatives did not return phone calls, hung up on us, made statements that a service provider had been contacted, yet they would not tell us which service provider. No service provider contacted us and when we called the warranty company once again they said a replacement service provider had been contacted no explanation as to why - and the cycle began again. We received no service whatsoever. This company’s dishonest tactics are designed to wear one out so that no assistance is provided and no payout made per terms of the contract. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have been a customer for 5+ years. My first claim was for my AC unit that went out. The claim was denied because the complete system wasn't from the same company. The unit was in the house when I purchased it. If they are that specific, they should inspect and let you know if you're not eligible prior to taking your money. I figured that was a fluke and stayed with them.

Now, my second claim is for my refrigerator that won't cool. I filed the claim online and didn't get a confirmation that was supposed to be automatic. I called and waited on line for 40 minutes to get the confirmation. The next day, they called and assigned a technician. The technician called me at the end of the day, but wouldn't schedule an appointment because they told him the wrong service fee. I called HSC back and waited on hold for over 20 minutes, to be disconnected. I called back and opted for the callback option. They returned my call late that evening and said they would contact the vendor with the correct information. He wouldn't answer their calls, so they left a vm. The next day, I left vms for the vendor, who didn't answer or return my calls.

Now the 4th day with no refrigerator and after throwing away all of my food, I call the vendor from another phone. He answers, but refuses to schedule an appointment because HSC owes him money and he has to resolve that first. I immediately call HSC to try and get another vendor, so I can get someone to at least come and look at the refrigerator to start the repair process. They try again to contact the vendor, who does not answer their calls. Now, the vendor has been dodging my calls and their calls for 3 days. They refuse to give me another vendor or allow me to get my own. They say that they have to speak with him first. How is that going to happen if he's refusing to answer any calls?

As the paying customer, I really don't want to be caught in the middle of their vendor issue. I just want to be assigned a new tech, so I can get the service that I pay for. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and they said they can't transfer me. They can only open a case to have a supervisor call me back in 24 to 72 hours.

What kind of business treats their customers this way? Why am I in the middle of a billing dispute with their vendor. It's been 4 days and I still don't even have an appointment to get my refrigerator fixed. Don't they know we're in the middle of a pandemic? If it was a washing machine or dishwasher, I would probably be more patient. But, I need to go shopping and replace the food to feed my family. That can't happen without a working fridge. Clearly I have wasted thousands of dollars and will now have to pay to get my own refrigerator fixed. I could've bought several appliances for the money I've wasted with this company over the years.

Original review: July 21, 2020

The Home Service Club is always trying to scam people. There are all various obvious signs of scam. It is like a blackbox system, you open a claim online it goes to some back end group to discuss the outcome without even sending the contractor out for inspection. So the outcome is decided (not being covered because of act of nature) even before inspection. There is no way to follow up online, so you have to call and wait for 40 mins for someone to come to talk. In my case they were avoiding my calls because I used their option to request a call back from them, and I only get one ring and the call gets disconnected from their end. This happened close to 5 times. Can you imagine that? They are trying to check box with being deceptive. That was the bad customer service part.

Now let's come to the scam part, they played my ac unit repair as "act of nature" in this "case power surge". There is no evidence that there was any power surge in my area. I checked in my neighborhood and no one else's appliance failed. Secondly, the contractor they sent over, Century Air conditioning wrote the following in their diagnosis to them "Upon arrival upstairs condenser compressor not running. Tried to hard start and will not take charge to start up. Dead compressor." No where he mentioned the reason for failure and after calling him he shared the diagnosis with me. He confirmed that Home Service Club are trying strong arm me as he doesn't believe it was power surge issue. He said he has worked long enough with Home Service Club to know they are scamming and making my life difficult. They just want me to get tired and throw in the towel.

I then asked another random top rated AC company to come over for second opinion and he mentioned that it was a mechanical failure due to freon leakage which is the most common cause of AC compressor breaks. The freon leaked to due the valve which I have a picture and share if you want. I also have that report in case needed during the consumer affair complain.

Later I shared the second analysis with Century A/C company (your contractor) and he seems to agree on the Freon leakage causing mechanical failure due to normal wear and tear. Now all the reports are contradicting their made up story of "power surge". Even the contractor they sent agrees with me and he said he never shared the analysis saying it was power surge issue. I had to wait for 3 weeks from HSC to know that it is not covered by them due to act of god or nature. Welcome to HSC matrix. STAY AWAY from them. They have bought paid reviews online to show that they are best in the business.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Watch out for this company or you're going to "get stabbed behind your back". Read the contract in detail. That's really funny that I read one of comments. They got deny because the water leak in the garage is not inside the house and they don't have outside coverage. You know what they told me for the water leak who has the outside coverage for pipes. They told me they don't cover any pipe under the slab or floor even though it's outside. I even confronted with them that the sale man told me they are going to cover any labor costs go with it for opening the ground and whose pipes are above the ground or not under the slab? They responded that sometimes the sale man is just trying to get a sale. Now I get the feeling of betrayal. They just didn't want to pay.

The Home Service Club Company Information