2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Take a Home Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The Home Service Club is a fraudulent company. They do not provide the service that you pay them to do. They will not send technicians to service your appliances and their customer service is the worst in the industry. Please save your time, money and energy and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I do not recommend this company. We signed up with Home Service Club in May 2020 when we purchased a new home. I was told that all appliances were covered and if they could not be fixed they would be replaced with a new unit. Well our refrigerator broke shortly after we moved in. I filed a claim. First problem was it took almost 2 weeks just to get a technician out to see if our refrigerator could be fixed (and that was with numerous calls to Home Service Club asking for status and when we could expect someone).

Technician came out and said he needed to order a part and get the approval for the work from Home Service Club. We waited a couple days to hear back from someone/anyone on the status. Again after calls and asking to speak with a manager. The manager called me back and told me that the refrigerator could not be fixed and the would give me a fraction of the cost for a new unit due to depreciation. We discussed that this was not the service sold to me. (I was told a whole new replacement not a depreciated amount). The manager and I agreed that my contract could be canceled and I would get a full refund. My refund would take about 2-4 weeks to be received.

Well it is now been almost 4 months since we canceled our contract with the Home Service Club and I have still not seen my refund. I have called the manager that I canceled my contract with and all I get is voicemail and no returned calls. I have called the customer service department numerous times and all I get is my refund is being processed and all that they can do is put in a status request. And every time they promise to call me back with and update I never hear back from them.

I have called asking to speak with a manager. And according to the customer service all they can do is put in the request and a manager will call me in 24-72 hours. I have not received 1 call back from a manager. I have asked to speak with someone/anyone over the managers. Again all customer service can do is put in the request. I have asked for direct phone numbers to managers, the accounting department, supervisors, anyone over customer service and nothing. They will not give out this information. Please save your money and do not use this company!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I purchased a 3 year warranty less than a year ago. A couple months later, my washing machine broke. They would not repair or replace it, just give me a 200 credit at Lowe's toward a new one. Two months later, my master bathroom shower starts leaking. Took a week to get someone out, and then another week for them to deny the claim. "Corrosion" is not covered. It seems that nothing is covered. I cancelled on July 20th. They said I would have a check in 4 to 6 weeks. It is Sept 30th and they still have not issued a check. Oh, and my "scheduled" refund, if I ever get it, is less than 2/3rd of what I paid, even though I had the policy for around 6 months and they paid out nothing. The only reason I am cancelling is because they refuse to cover anything. Don't throw your money away!!!!

Resolution response: Sept. 29, 2020

After publishing the review, I got a call from HSC. I am offered a refund amount that matches my expectation. So I am satisfied with this refund part of the HSC experience. Though their offer is in exchange for this follow up to my original review regarding the resolution, fine, that is fair enough. I fulfill my part of the deal by resolving this review, let's see if they follow through their part of the deal and how fast I get my refund.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I bought a 5 years and 6 months contract in Sept 2019. In Sept 2020, my shower needed a repair. Just a simple replacement of the diverter valve. I made the service request and waited 2 weeks for their contractor. I understand we are in time of a pandemic, the service time is slow. But not that slow! Finally the contractor called in, to tell me they refuse to work with Home Service Club because they are still waiting to be paid for the last rendered service for that company! Call HSC again, I am told to wait for them to find me another contractor or I find one then let them to contract with him. I immediately found one contract to come the same day, same morning! But the contractor refuse to work with HSC. Though this came even better for me because I was only charged for $49 instead of HSC's per service fee of $65!

After this disappointing experience, I decided to cancel my policy. What is the point to get a home warranty if you cannot get the service when you need it??

When I signed the contract, the clause stipulates that I could cancel anytime with the pro-rated amount refund. But now they gave me a refund amount with $300 short for processing fees! That is not written anywhere in the contract! The wait time is 45 business days to get the refund check. I promise you, once I get that refund check and the accompanied details of the refund (I hope that they do details justifications), I will file a complaint to my state's consumer protection department for that $300! DO NOT buy from Home Service Club!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Pathetic service... I have canceled the contract on 23rd July 2020 and still waiting for the refund. The customer care doesn't really care. All they say is they have messaged Refund department and they will get back. No commitment... prefer not to do business with HSC.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My air conditioner had a minor problem that caused it to no longer work. After having the estimate and diagnosis performed within 24 hours, HSC has essentially paused communication. It’s been nearly 2 weeks and no news. I just want to know if my repair has been approved, but the company refuses to let me know and I’m given the run-around that it’s pending.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Salesman that first contacted me to go with HSC was not honest about the company not depreciating any appliance that needed to be replaced. They offered me $75.00 for my washing machine and no customer service will return calls. I have called many times and sent emails for the company to listen to recorded conversation between me and their salesman to prove that he told me company does not depreciate appliance that needed to be replaced because they even would not send repairman and told me they would only give me $75.00 to buy a new one.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I would NOT recommend this company whatsoever. I bought a three year agreement for my home service which was mistake number one. I had an AC Unit not cooling my house. I called them and two weeks later I called back because they never responded to me. Finally they called someone in another town to service me which I still have never heard back from and this is 6 months later. So I called The Home Service Club again and cancelled my account with them. They told me back in April I would be receiving my partial refund back within two months. This in now September 2020 and I still haven't received anything back. I have called numerous times and they put me on hold for a while and then comes back to tell me someone will call me back which has never happened. This company has not been credible and buyer beware! I have also emailed them but NO RESPONSE on that either.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

This is my very first time with HSC and the first time to request service. My AC stopped working, I requested service on Tuesday. On Wednesday they assigned me to a contractor which I have to call and schedule an appointment. I called the contractor the same day who gave me an appointment for Friday. I waited and waited on Friday no one came. I called back no response I called HSC they confirmed that the contractor is going to call me back. No one calls. I called back HSC, they said that they will try to reach the contractor and if he is not available they will assign me to another one. No response or follow up. Then by the end of the day the contractor left me a message stating that they won't be able to help me and that my home warranty have to find another contractor.

On Monday (today) NO RESPONSE. I called HSC and narrated the whole story for the 4th time and they answered the same thing “we will follow up with the contractor and will let you know“. I told them please cancel my contract. I will return back to my old home warranty a bit pricey but I don’t need to communicate with contractors at all. They do that and schedule the appointment for me. PLEASE BE AWARE YOU WILL WASTE YOUR TIME. I regretted it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I purchased a HSC warranty in March 2020. I called for repair of fridge 5/20. Was told the company was a scam by repair person. 2nd company never even responded. I cancelled over a month ago. I am now locked out of online contact and despite multiple attempts I get told repeatedly a supervisor will call but have not been contacted and NO refund of money. Buyer beware!

The Home Service Club Company Information