4.26/5

The Home Service Club

Our core focus on home warranty plans has allowed us to build a large and versatile service network and become and industry leader and innovator in the field of home warranty plans.We are available online 24/7 and by phone (during business hours) to take service requests from our customers across 49 states. Here at The Home Service Club, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service.

283 The Home Service Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 3, 2019

When I purchased my home it came with a policy from the Home Service Club. I never had one before but it sure came in handy when the water heater started to leak. The unit was in the attic so I had drips from the ceiling. It was all taken care of by a plumber that was dispatched after I made the call.

Dear Josh,

We appreciate the 5-star review and we are pleased to have serviced your home. The Home Service Club strives to continue to provide you with high-level service. Please feel free to contact us with anything you may need.

Original review: May 3, 2019

HSC came through when our fridge broke down. I got up in the morning to a wet mess and called them for help. They sent out a technician and he determined that it was too old to fix. After taking turns chatting with HSC on the phone, I was able to select a new fridge which was delivered promptly. Thanks!

Dear Erin,

Original review: May 2, 2019

The Home Service Club has saved me a great deal of time and money over the last few years. I’ve had a couple of my older appliances break down. With HSC, you don’t have to wait for days to get the necessary repairs made.

Dear Colleen,

Original review: May 2, 2019

I didn’t think we would ever use a home warranty company. That all changed when we moved to an area I knew nothing about. The first time I needed a repair person I had great difficulty in locating someone. My parents suggested getting a policy with Home Service Club. We ended up purchasing the standard plan. It made my life a little easier.

Dear Camille,

Original review: May 2, 2019

We bought a lake house for weekends and for family vacations. We like to relax and have fun there. The last thing we want to do is spend time dealing with broken appliances. I purchased a plan from Home Service Club, so I don’t have to worry about unexpected repairs while on vacation. I’ve used the service once so far and it was great.

Dear Anna,

Candace Berg

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: May 2, 2019

I am so glad I purchased a warranty from HSC. Our heater did not want to come on this winter, so we called to get service and file a claim. Both were easy. The contractor came out the next day for repairs. He replaced the pilot light and it came back on. I just paid my deductible.

Dear Patrice,

Original review: May 2, 2019

I like the Home Service Club for many reasons. The main reason is the service people. They are local and fully trained, so you know that whoever is coming to do a repair will be trustworthy and experienced.

Dear Sunshine,

Candace Berg

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have owned three different homes in my life. I purchased coverage for each of them from Home Service Club. In my experience I have found that HSC is the best in the business. The service people they use are trustworthy and well trained. The customer service employees are very easy to work with as well.

Dear Goms,

Candace Berg

Original review: April 27, 2019

Updated on 05/02/2019: Update from April 27 review. HSC is now threatening to investigate me, the contractor, and their own employee for fraud because I have not paid my $43 premium for 3 months. I was a customer in good standing for multiple years prior, and I paid over $3,000 for my share of the repair that was "covered" under their warranty. ALWAYS READ THE CONTRACT IN FULL, NOT JUST THE SUMMARY! The premium payment is being withheld through my CC company at my direction because the contractor has yet to be paid. Contractor removed their negative social media post after ongoing pressure from HSC. I continue to await full payment of contractor by HSC for work performed in November 2018.

Original review: I have been a customer in good standing with HSC for more than a year. When my A/C failed, HSC scheduled a contractor to visit my home. The contractor canceled at the last minute because HSC was slow-paying on a previous job. HSC then asked me to locate a contractor. I identified a local vendor and HSC approved it. The vendor did the work... last year (2018). HSC agreed to pay the vendor, then withheld payment once they learned the vendor had written a poor review on social media. HSC demanded the vendor remove the post. The vendor has yet to be paid (April 27, 2019).

I cancelled my contract with HSC and disputed my monthly premium through the credit card company. Now HSC is telling the credit card company that they have paid the vendor and they are pursuing me for premiums. I would not recommend working with HSC. We are making one last attempt to resolve the dispute before pursuing legal recourse and providing more details for the benefit of other consumers.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I am on the go most of the time. If I have a problem with an appliance, it’s annoying to have to wait for a repairman. That’s not an issue with Home Service Club. The customer service people can give a precise time the repairman will arrive. I am also assured the repair will be done quickly and correctly.

Dear Crypto,

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: April 18, 2019

A plan with Home Service Club makes for a “no hassle” situation when you need a repair. All I have to do is go online or make a call to get a reputable service tech to make a repair on any of my covered household items. It’s very convenient.

Dear Nina,

We are pleased to have served you. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Hugh Morgan

Original review: April 18, 2019

The garbage disposal in my sink would not operate. When I turned it on it smelled like something burning. I remembered I had coverage with Home Service Club, so I called them. It ended up I needed a new garbage disposal. I only had to pay a small deductible to have a new one installed.

Dear Shannon,

Hugh Morgan

Original review: April 14, 2019

I’ve tried a few different home warranty companies over the last few years. The one that served me the best was Home Service Club. The customer service people are easy to work with. The service techs are professional, prompt and courteous. They also have plans that suit different needs at a very affordable price.

Dear Janyce,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our service. The Home Service Club aims to provide you with the highest level of service. Please reach out to us with any of your home warranty needs.

Anna Zelig

Original review: April 11, 2019

The first time I used our HSC coverage is when the oven quit working. I had little faith that it was going to be repaired in a timely manner. I called the customer service number and they assured me that someone would be available that day. I was pleasantly surprised that a tech was at my door within a few hours. The repair was made and I was able to get dinner made.

Dear Kara,

We're very happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to provide excellent support to you. Please don't wait to reach us out to just about almost some your home warranty requirements.

David Lee

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

We have taken out HSC warranty on our house after a previous really bad experience with another provider. I do not like to complain about service but when it's not provided it's reasonable to say something. We put a claim in for our Aircon, the diagnosis was done 48 hours ago, both myself and the service provider are both chasing HSC and they just don't seem to respond. They gave me an excuse they were awaiting a reply from the service provider when I had only just got off the phone from the provider and she confirmed that they had advised HSC by phone and email and left messages but no response. I phoned HSC and basically the lady on the phone had a tone of no urgency at all. Still awaiting a firm yes or no as to whether they will authorize the repair after 48 hours since the diagnosis. Poor response... Poor communication... Poor service. I await their response.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I love having the Home Service Club coverage. It gives me peace of mind that my budget won’t be negatively affected. It actually saved me quite a bit of money more than a couple of times when I had problems with my appliances.

Dear Christina,

We're happy to have served. Thank you. We aspire to continue to supply outstanding support to you. Please reach us out for all of your home warranty requirements.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Water started leaking from one of the valves of my water softener. I called and filed a claim with the Home Service Club. A contractor came out and did a great job fixing the leak with parts he already had in his truck. That was a LOT faster than I thought it would have been!

Dear Joe,

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: April 7, 2019

The first time I made a call for repair to The Home Service Club, I was reassured that I made a good decision by investing in a warranty plan with them. The customer service people were very attentive and made sure to follow up on the repair to make sure I was happy with the service.

Dear Shelly,

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had a bad experience with a service warranty company in a previous home. When I purchased a new condo, it came with a Home Service Club warranty. I was very skeptical. I was using my oven and it wasn’t heating properly. They came out very soon after my call to HSC. I was pleasantly surprised.

Dear Chee,

Original review: April 5, 2019

I’m thrilled to have Home Service Club for my home. I have the worst luck with appliances and then there is always the problem of locating a repairman. With HSC those issues don’t exist. All it takes is one phone call to get a broken appliance fixed.

Dear Reba,

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have never had a home warranty service before. I was not very familiar with them. The home we just bought came with a service plan from Home Service Club. The dishwasher was not cleaning properly so I decided to call HSC. I was sure they would tell me it wasn’t covered. To my surprise the agent was very helpful and set up a time to send someone out to repair it.

Dear Maria,

Original review: April 4, 2019

The first home we bought was older. Some of the appliances that came with the house were also old. The most concerning of those was the outside air conditioning unit. I called a few home warranty companies and chose Home Service Club. I’m glad we got coverage. That AC unit broke down just two months later. It was repaired with very little expense to us.

Dear Danielle,

Original review: April 4, 2019

The Home Service Club has been very beneficial for me. I am a very busy person and know how to fix most things, but usually don’t have the time. With HSC, I know that they will be here when they say they will and send qualified technicians to fix what is not working.

Dear Jena,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear that our Representatives and our technicians were able to provide you with outstanding service. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I really wish my mom would move into the guest house of our home, but she prefers her independence. To ease my mind I purchased a plan from Home Service Club to help with any problems that arise with her appliances. There were several plans to choose from so I bought the most comprehensive one. I’m glad to know that she’ll have qualified help when she needs it.

Dear Sandra,

Peter Miles

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have had a plan with HSC for about four years now. There were times that I didn’t need the coverage, but then there were times when the plan I got more than paid for itself. It’s all about peace of mind for me.

Dear Kenneth,

Peter Miles

Original review: April 2, 2019

HSC really came through for me this winter. Our heater went kaput and we needed to call for help. Since I have a warranty with them, they set up an appointment for a local service person to come check it out. They cleaned the heater and replaced the pilot light and now it works fine. Thank you.

Dear Brittany,

Peter Miles

Original review: April 1, 2019

We bought an older home last summer and got a warranty from Home Service Club at the time too. When our oven decided to stop heating one weekend, I had to call for service. They had a local contractor come over and he did a nice job. He had to replace the pilot light and now it works just fine.

Dear Jill,

Peter Miles

Original review: March 26, 2019

When my air conditioner was not cooling this summer, I called them to get some service. Because I had their warranty, they sent someone out the next morning. A very nice young man came over and after he refilled the freon, it was cooling fine again. Thank goodness!

Dear Kristen,

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: March 21, 2019

When my hot water heater went out, I was more concerned than usual because I had guests over. I have a home warranty with the Home Service Club and this was the first time I needed to use it! The call to claims was very easy and I was assured that a plumber would be at my home the next morning. And they kept their promise! The gentlemen that they sent managed to get it working again just in time for lunch!

Dear Jenny,

Nancy Hamilton

Original review: March 20, 2019

My stove had stopped working. Fortunately I had purchased a warranty with the Home Service Club so I gave them a call. A repair tech came out to see what was going on with the stove. There was a problem with the wring, which he was able to fix right there on the spot.

Dear David,