4.0/5 (726 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About The Home Service Club

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• 24/7 customer service
    • No age limit on covered items
    • Available nationwide

Cons

• High premiums

Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers a variety of home warranty plans and add-ons. Its prices trend a bit higher than most of its competitors' costs, but it offers 24/7 customer service in every state.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

The Home Service Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

This company is quick to take your money and extremely delayed to refund what is due. It is impossible to speak to a manager, and they do not seem to value customers, only their money which is concerning. They are not easy to work with, and I am starting to suspect illegal activity given the nature of my current situation with them. I highly recommend not using them.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It appears they do promise more than what has been delivered, UGH! I am not sure the technicians are qualified except for making sure they receive service fees. Then you wait for your claim, the email that seems to be lost in cyberspace, after multiple calls you finally receive it, but it doesn't make much sense, then you have to go round and round to understand why they have denied paying for something the contract clearly states, but they find some loop hole that their technician wrote that's not true. Then you go round and round again.... Still waiting for (2) Claims to be taken care of 6 weeks later. But it is difficult to talk with the Claims person who is always on the phone and unfortunately I too am working and miss their call. I hope to be able to change this review soon!

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out to be of assistance.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The Home Service Club is a supposedly Home Warranty Company. Unfortunately when a claim is reported, they will invent false claims in order not to reimburse you for your failing appliance. Even with a detailed report from a Repair Technician that suggests the unit is not repairable and needs to be replace. This company operates fraudulently in changing wording to deny most claims and leaves the client replacing out of pocket themselves. DO NOT USE OR SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY! WASTE OF MONEY AND YOUR TIME!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I canceled my policy back in March. The customer service department told me I would have my refund in 90 days. It is now the middle of September and I have been calling every day for the last month requesting to talk to a supervisor to find out why refund has not been processed. Customer service tells me they can not provide me a number for accounting which is who is supposed to process my refund.

I have requested to talk with a manager or supervisor and get told none are available and they will have one call me. I have not been contacted by anyone from the company. I keep calling and calling and get the same answer. It is very frustrating coming from a company that prides themselves on Customer service and even claims they have received awards for best in business for customer service from 2015 to 2020. Don't expect anyone from the company that can actually do anything to call you back when requested. I will continue to call and if nothing will be contacting a lawyer to resolve this issue.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

When I was signing up I told the person that I was unhappy with my current home warranty and I had trouble to find a qualified technician for my Viking refrigerator. He promised that I can choose my Technician and they can only verify that the technician is qualified so I called viking and got the authorized dealer to send the technician. And now the HSC says that they do not support outside technicians so I decided to cancel it and it's been 3 days that they are supposed to call me in order to cancel the policy. Who knows if I get any of my money back.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

About home warranty club HSC company they phone Number (800) 601-1009. STAY AWAY FROM Home Service Club Warranty!!! My experience has been a nightmare. Read any of the reviews (the honest ones, anyway), and you will see precisely how they operate. Their business model is to take the customer’s money, give them nothing but headaches in return. Agents are full of promises never delivered on.

• It’s pretty amusing that the extensions each agent provided were all the same number. If do you call, the mailbox is always full.
    • “We will call you back today.” (Don’t count on it.)

• “We have scheduled a technician to come to your home.”

They actually sent notices to me via email, with the time, date, and phone number of the “technician” scheduled to come to my home. When there was a no-show, I called the number listed on the ‘Claim update,’ and the company HSC listed said they had no scheduled appointment at my home and had never heard of HSC. One company said they don’t ever deal with home warranty companies. The worst part is they did this TWICE in a row. Imagine damaging the reputation of legitimate businesses, the angry phone calls these innocent people/businesses must get, all because HSC is a fraudulent sham.

When you have had enough and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, there is NO WAY to escalate an issue. Agents will tell you that is not possible. I have been hung up on for the asking. After almost three months without a working furnace and no resolution, their answer was: “Find your own service person to fix the issue. But you must call us when they are in your home so we can approve the claim. We reserve the right not to approve the claim.” So, I am to find my own service person to fix the issue, and you may or may not pay the claim? So what exactly am I paying for here? Honestly, this company should be shut down. Look at the number of complaints, and they are all pretty much the same. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had a sewage plumbing issues along with other home issues. Water heater's recommended to be changed also. It takes weeks to get service. It takes many hours on the phone to get anywhere that leads to getting nowhere. They sent me a email I have not received. They say they sent again and again yet I don’t have it. Pertaining to my water heater they can’t talk to me about the water heater replacement till I answer the email I didn’t get. They only said they’re pay 152 for a the plumbing bill that was $447 that I paid. They haven’t paid me back anything yet. They told me to find the plumber because they could not.

I sent them the estimated cost beforehand and called them when technicians arrived as requested only to be stalked and slapped with the hour wait bill on top of the labor hours. Beyond horrible. I had to pay the plumbers the hour that I was in the phone with hsc before they were allowed to start. The lady said, "Bear with me just a few more minutes," 20 times. It’s weeks after still nothing is resolved or paid.

The Home Service Club response

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

We just moved to the new house in So California Laguna Niguel. Most appliances 3-5 years old and we decided to buy Home insurance to have protection as promised by company policies. 2 months in policy our washer failed. Insurance sent a technician for valuation for our cost $75. Then they disappear. Multiple calls to Customer support for more than 2 weeks were not answered. We have been told that they are not authorized to provide information and suggested wait for the Email from the claims department. Eventually, after ~2.5 weeks Kim (ext. **) from the Claims call us and told us that Washer is not covered (even in the policy said it is) because it's only 1.5 months into policy. Then I've read reviews on this site. All of them exactly the same. They will do everything and anything to not pay your claim. Stay away from this company. I'm calling my Credit Card to Dispute my membership and cancel insurance policy ASAP...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

After six weeks of begging for a/c service in 100 degree weather. This company did not send me a service representative. I asked multiple times to speak to a supervisor to no avail. I finally had to hire my own a/c contractor and pay out of pocket. I then cancelled my 3 year policy after 8 months. This company owes me $1,056. It has been over a year. I have been dealing with this company, making multiple phone calls and multiple emails. I have yet to receive any response from this company. This level of incompetence is unbelievable.

Resolution response: July 21, 2021

HSC had purchased AXIOM insurance, the one I had issues with. HSC refunded me the money that AXIOM owed me from cancelling my 3-year contract. Although HSC did not go back and change Axiom's decision about refusing to fix my AC, at least they made good on Axiom's promise to refund me the money they owed.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Update 11/5/2021:

I was informed by HRC’s Senior Case Manager Victoria W. on 7/21/21 that they were going to send me a check for the amount of $1,133.34 that was owed to me by Axiom. She asked me once more to verify my address and I received her confirmation on 7/23/21 that she received the corrected address. Initially she gave an address somewhere in Virginia, and I live in California – not sure whose address the Virginia one was…. I updated my review status to 5 stars for their prompt handling of my case and was ecstatic at getting my funds returned to me.

As of 8/14/21 I still had not received any checks in the mail as promised, so I contacted Victoria again. She contacted me via phone and told me she was sure that they had sent the check out, but would check on it again.

Forward to 8/25/21 – I called her office and was unable to connect to her “direct” extension. I called the general office and was connected to someone named King. He assured me he would send Victoria an internal memo – yes, she was still working there, he assured me, but they had changed to a new phone system. Regardless, he said, he would contact me again the next day without fail to advise what the status is of my refund.

Next day I did not receive a call, so about a week later I contacted HRC again and spoke to yet another person. This person – whose name I did not capture – informed me that he would contact Victoria and King to ask them to contact me back.

Since then, life has been busy so I had not had the time to keep contacting them…Needless to say, I still have not received any check, correspondence, or anything from HRC. Pretty awful customer service, I’d say. Are they broke? Going out of business? Can I get interest on the funds they owe me? Can I add more to it for all the time I've spent in trying to get it back?

Original review:

I was given Axiom Home Warranty - which was apparently taken over by HSC - as part of a property purchase. I called them and they sold me on extending the time for the warranty period to 3 years. Told me I wouldn't have to worry about a thing when things go wrong. Paid about $2K for the additional extension. My AC broke down within a couple of months, and I was told that they would not cover it due to the original inspection stating that it may need freon in the future. I seem to get this a lot. So I paid for the AC replacement out of my own pocket $5K+ and asked for a refund on the additional policy I paid for.

That's when the runaround started. Trying to get a hold of someone was ridiculous. I'm sure I was blacklisted and no one answered the phone despite calling over and over. Here are just some of the times I've tried. Each time I actually got a hold of someone, they duly noted that in my customer profile it does state that I was supposed to get the check, but no check ever arrived: This was all in 2019.

– Spoke to Sophia 6/18, Spoke to Taylor Stevens x5076 on 7/1, Emma, x5056 on 8/6/19,. - Spoke to Megan 9/5/19 x 5032, was asked to send her an email with my address. no response. no check. (tried calling: 6/18, 7/25 – 5x, 7/26 – 3x, 8/4, 8/14). - Left message for Emma, 8/19 -2x, 8/30 just from my cell, not counting land line, spoke to Megan 10/22 - will call me back, 10/31) no response. My lawyer offered to send a letter, but why bother? It'll cost me that much for the lawyer fees, and no one will probably get back to me again. Save your money, your sanity, and peace. Avoid them!

Original review: July 8, 2021

The HSC has a BBB service rating of C because their site is a fraud. As of today, I have called them 10 times and have not been able to get to cancelations to get my money back. They denied all requests even though their website said it is covered (gas leak, rust). They are a call center and will not transfer to a person that can actually help. I don't have any way of getting my money back even after requesting it over the phone for a week. You should know to steer clear of this fraudulent company.

Original review: June 29, 2021

• “You can call me back at my personal line anytime.” It’s pretty amusing that the extensions each agent provided were all the same number. If do you call, the mailbox is always full.
    • “We will call you back today.” (Don’t count on it.)

• “We have scheduled a technician to come to your home.”

Original review: June 8, 2021

Updated on 06/22/2021: Since complimenting the company on this forum June 8 I have received 6 of my 7 refunds - LONG OVERDUE - cancellations April 8 + 30 business days = MAY 20.... First refund received June 10 = 42 business days. THEIR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROMISE IS "30-45 DAYS FOR REFUND". Second set of two refunds received June 11 - 43 business days. Third set of two refunds received June 15 - 45 business days. Calling the administrator everyday - no answer, left recording - 9 days in a row now.... No response. $750 refund held 53 working/business days past cancellation date..!! **Just another reason to not do business with home service club**. FYI - email to hscservice@hscwarranty.com DOES GET ACTION (but no communication!).

Original review: After purchasing multiple-year warranties for multiple rental properties I discovered Home Service Club does not hire capable contractors and will not service appliances or air conditioners if they have any sign of rust. An air conditioner is exposed to rain. Garbage disposals are used with water. This company excels at making excuses & finding ways to avoid service. Every service call was a nightmare!

After cancelling March 27, 2021, "effective date" was granted April 6 by a mysterious "Accounts Department" who are protected from inquiry by every customer service rep answering the phone. It has been 62 days. I have been promised the return of over $5,000 - supposedly it takes 30-45 days. "Someone will call you back"...who? "Someone in the Accounts Department"...when? "Within 24-48 hours". Hasn't happened after 6 lies to that effect over the past 2 months! It has been 48 "business days" and still no calls/satisfaction/refund! Beware This Pitiful Excuse Of A Business!!! - I have found a N.Y. State governing body to whom I can register a complaint. -

Original review: June 5, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY. I've had Home Service Club (HSC Warranty) for more than 6 years. Previously, I had issues with the only claim I ever filed. They did not approve the service for over a month while I went without a gas water heater. I had to get it repaired on my own and then file for reimbursement. They only approved less than 50% of the cost and did not pay, but rather gave me a credit for monthly payments. I still continued the warranty, but then this year, suddenly I did not receive a monthly statement nor did the automatic payment get deducted. I contacted HSC and was told their system was being upgraded and all would be well in a day or two. They could not accept any payment over the phone since the system was down. I could not log into my account either. The login would just return to the login page.

Since then, I have contacted them almost daily for more than 3 weeks and every day it is the same story - system upgrade. In the meantime, my payment was actually deducted but I did not receive notice or a statement, instead I received notice that my account was in arrears. I attempted to resolve this over the phone and was still told the system is being updated. I then requested my contract be cancelled and received an email stating that my request had been submitted, but every time I call to verify since, still nothing on record and supposedly the system is being updated still.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Back in Nov 2020, I had to cancel my policy due to their inadequate handling of my claim. They said they would process a refund (about half what I had paid for the policy 4 months earlier). To date, every month I call asking for a status on the refund, I get the same answer, they "can't transfer me to the refunds dept they can only submit a request". It's nearly June 2021 and I get the same answer. You cannot escalate the call, there is "no supervisor in the building." The Home Service Club is anything but home service. I am so sorry I ever was a customer of theirs. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Do not use the company. The price per month may seem appealing but you are far better off saving it in a savings account for the moment something breaks. Case 1 my stove wasn't working properly. Came with the house in bought less than a year prior. They sent their chosen contractor out for a $75 copay. He was late and took 15 minutes to tell me it's broken and he will have to come back with parts. Weeks later I have to call HSW for an update to be told they were informed it's electrical and recommended full replacement since parts are backorder indefinitely. But by the way that's not covered.

So I have to find my own replacement out of pocket and for $150 credit send them a receipt. They request Lowe's only but you can purchase from anywhere if it's NEW and you must provide receipt for reimbursement. In my case $150 credit. Took a number of calls to get the credit applied over span of weeks and more than 2 emails sent with receipt attachments. Escalated to a senior person before it was applied.

Case 2. Ac repairs or replacement. 3 contractors, 1 on my own dime, one 2nd opinion and one sent by HSW for the copay. All resulting in no response for months. I contacted via email and phone each month with no luck. Final outcome was escalated to supervisor for cancellation of policy. The website has been revamped for the last few months, so all communications must be done on the phone, their response is that when it's back up you can log in. I want to cancel and I want to view my bill and updates on claims. Can't do that over the phone as easily. Same excuse for months. This is over 5 months of minimal communication and only if I call them, no resolution of claims or straight rejection of claims and cash out of pocket. Service is terrible and communication is worse. Avoid at all costs. BBB ratings is currently a C as of the writing of this review.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I'm very regret to waste money on this home warranty. I tried to request service several times during my warranty period, but all the request took weeks to schedule and and the most angry thing was that even when. the contractor was at my space, they always tried to find reasons to refuse to cover my cost? why I need this warranty, useless at all. I should have done more research before I brought it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I am wondering if The Home Service Club does provide any warranty service at all. We were enrolled with their service for more than year and a half when we for the first time had to make a call for a Warranty service for something inexpensive as a garbage disposal. They did not provide a service, kept delaying, charged us additional $75 for service call and never despatched a repairman. This was totally ripoff /robbery. We called them mostly every day for 3 weeks and asked for the status, reiterated our issue and with no progress and they keep telling us they were working on it internally. At one point they told us they handed over to Lowe’s for repair but did not give us work order number for Lowe’s to trace. We called the Lowe’s to find out and they were more helpful trying to track a work order on their system but never found anything.

We finally had to call a repairman at our own expense to fix it after the 3 weeks because the garbage disposal was causing leaks and that was causing other damages under the cabinet. It was terrible experience for us, they took the premium and service fee never to provide any service which really makes me think if they are really in business to provide warranty service or simply collect premium until customer makes a service call.

Totally regret enrolling with them. We have complained to BBB and asked for reimbursement for service fee to the minimum. Do not enroll with them. Totally disgusted with their service. If they are not fixing something cheap as a garbage disposal, don’t think they will get to anything expensive as AC unit or other appliances which is normally why homeowners hope they fix. Reading some of the positive reviews here makes me question their authenticity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your services.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I signed up with Home Service Club for a warranty on my Home Appliances. I submitted a claim for a broken Microwave oven and from the start received the run-around. First they said because of the age of the equipment (2013) they wanted ME to purchase a new microwave and they would spot me the $75.00 service fee...really? I said, "No I wanted my oven repaired, that's why I purchase a warranty..." A tech was sent out after two more weeks. I paid the $75.00 service fee and he found a damaged part. He called for repair authorization...and that took another week and a half..

Now I get a call from the warranty company that they consider the problem a maintenance issue and no repair is covered...so I have been strung along for nearly a month..paid the warranty fees ..the service fee and my microwave is still out of service. I immediately demanded cancellation of my warranty..but lo and behold..they don't have a direct line for cancellations...it will have to be submitted... I have worked with American Home Shield before and they took care of items quickly and ..yes they were slightly higher but I guess that is the difference...they fix stuff. This was only what I consider a small repair...and I am totally dissatisfied and will not work with this company again and strongly recommend that if you are looking for a home warranty look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Old AC unit has been repaired 3 times in past 4 yrs. Compressor has finally gone out and will have to replace AC and furnace due to age (30 yrs old). Technician reported to HSC that this was normal wear and tear, but they say the pictures tech sent them shows rust on outside unit. Every time it has been worked on and parts replaced not one tech reported rust or told us this was a problem. They just replaced part that wore out and said everything else was ok.

Their contract states they will pay $2,000 on AC or furnace if can’t be fixed, but all they have offered to do is put in $7000 2 1/2 ton 13 Seer Lenox and discount it $1000. The tech told us we need 3 ton 14 Seer which would cost another $1000. The tech (from Captain Air, Canton, Tx) gave us a bid for Goodman 3 ton 14 Seer for $6300 which includes 10 yr warranty on parts & service. I have talked to 2 different supervisors at HSC and was told they can’t mail me check for $1000 so I can buy the Goodman unit because I don’t have a tax ID#. Captain Air has offered to give HSC their tax ID# and make out check to us and them to be used toward new system. Now I can’t get head supervisor (Lori) to return my phone calls or her mailbox is full when I call. I was told there is no one else I can talk to. Their # is 18006011009. Would appreciate any advice you can offer!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I would give HSC warranty a zero if I could due to the quality of repairman they provided and warranty coverage.

Problem 1: Understandably, due to COVID, HSC experienced some delays in finding a repair company (over a month). After HSC found a good company and notified me this was scheduled, I received a call from another company, rated F by BBB, notifying me they were my new repairman and the original repairman had been cancelled by HSC. This led me to call HSC because to me this was a random call in the age where phone scammers are so prevalent. HSC then mentioned they did cancel my original repairman and replaced them without my knowing. Upon a quick Google search, I found the reviews on this repairman were less than satisfactory. I checked the BBB site and this new company was given an F rating. I did not want a company rated F inside my house, especially because my repair was related to a gas line. After many calls to HSC, they reluctantly scheduled a new repairman with better reviews.

Problem 2: The repair technician could not determine the exact failure but said he would get repair approved by HSC. I hadn’t heard anything about the status of the repair, so I made multiple calls to HSC to determine the status. They claimed the repairman said it was “broken” and they would not pay for the repair of a broken appliance, but they offered $150 toward a new product. After calling my repairman/office of the repair company to ask what was said, they called HSC back to be clear this problem was due to wear and tear, but HSC already set the status to be replaced and they wouldn’t change it. In the end they offered $100 towards a $493 repair, or $150 towards a $2000 new appliance (price of the equivalent product to what I currently have).

Problem 3: Over 2 months after my initial request to get my appliance repaired, HSC called to inform me there was a recall on my appliance in question and thus would be closing the claim completely. I called the manufacturer of my appliance and they assured me that my appliance was not affected by this recall. I had to call HSC back multiple times again, just to get their initial offer of $100 towards a $493 repair or $150 towards a $2000 new appliance back.

Problem 4: More than 3 months after my initial request to get my appliance repaired, I called HSC back to ask why I couldn’t get the full price of the repair, except my deductible, covered since the repairman/company called HSC to say it was due to wear and tear. HSC “lost”/had no record of the repairman/company calling them clarifying that the failure was due to wear and tear. I said I could get the repairman to call them again, but they said they already provided their answer and would not change it.

I know this post was long, but I would have liked to have known these things before buying the annual, nonrefundable warranty and paying for it upfront.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My husband and I have been trying to cancel our contract with this company for the last 4 months. We have called and emailed numerous times, and we still have not received any contact from the company's accounting department. We cancelled because we paid upfront over 3 thousand dollars for 5 years to cover home related items in our new home. We thought this was the sensible and responsible thing to do so we would not need to feel stressed is anything broke. After almost 2 years, our washing machine broke. After over two months, they finally responded and told us that they refused to send someone to our home because our washing machine was old.

During the pandemic, we had to use public laundromats and advised the Home Service Club Warranty Corp of this issue on multiple occasions. If we knew they would simply deny our requests and take our hard earned money, we would have never signed up with them. Similarly, we would have bought a new washing machine, but waited for them to respond. I am trying to get our money back from this company, and even threatened to get a lawyer multiple times -- but they do not care. This has been hell for my family, and I strongly warn against anyone ever using them. The pattern of complaints you see here and on BBB are 100% accurate. I am still begging them to leave this hell hole. I have spent days on the phone with them. This is too much.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Have them for 3 properties in VA and SC. They have limited techs so unacceptably long time to get anyone. They find any way to get out of their coverage and deny claims. Rude customer service. Long response times or get ignored and no reply or call back. Issues with AC took over a month to get tech to come out and they denied claim to fix. Other issues with AC at other property took over 2 weeks+ to fix. They just expect you to stay without AC! They approved a microwave replacement a year ago and have yet to go out and replace it. I’m constantly having to follow up and talk to different people cause they have high turnover. They are a scam... Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I purchased a home a year and a half ago (in 2019), the home warranty was then Called Axiom Home warranty. When I renewed it in 2020 they changed their name to (The Home Service Club) and did not need any of their services until 8/4/2020. I submitted a claim for "Plumbing Systems (faucets)" that is clearly in the contract description of covered services and was issued a claim number. I also received an email with the confirmation and another with the information of the Technician information (GreenLife Plumbing) on 8/10/2020.

A week passed and no one contact me so I called the technician, they responded to me by saying that they did not have a request from my home warranty for me, I gave them all the information including the service request number. I then called the Home warranty and made them aware of the situation and was told that they clearly have in their records that they have sent the service request to the technician, this calls went on for a weeks and I got very disappointed and highly concern that something did not feel right. I decided to call both places at the same time and The home warranty hung up on me. I have been calling and I feel like they may tag my number internally and didn't answer my calls any more, whenever they do pick up no one answered for about 2 weeks.

I have called today directly to the payment department and I they did pick up and requested for a cancellation and a full refund, They failed to provide the contractual services and did not even try to contact me to make things right. I am expecting a complete refund and no cancellation fees due to their breach of contract. This company charges the full year amount ahead and not on a monthly payment plan so its not recommended at all!!!! Please beware of their shady methods to prolong the time it takes for them to provide a service and in my opinion it is done on purpose.

Completely disappointed, unhappy and will never deal with this Home warranty ever again. I do not recommend this company at all. They just want your money ahead and fail to uphold their contract agreement to provide the services I payed for. I will see if it's necessary to speak to a lawyer and take it from there. Sincerely: Very disappointed and unhappy customer. I will update this post depending on their response.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Let me start by saying that I do not recommend this company one bit. This review dates back to September/October 2019. I am writing this review now because I am still dealing with the fallout of dealing with this company. My HVAC unit had a crack in the heat exchanger and the company claimed that this was not a mechanical failure of the unit. I have a master’s in mechanical engineering with a strong background in thermal systems, so I know a bit about how a heat exchanger works.

After months of back and forth with the company (mainly because I would only be able to reach a customer service representative once every week) and backing my communications up with research and technical papers discussing heat exchangers, I was able to get them to cover $1000 of the $2000 that I was covered for. Although disappointed with this, I needed to get my HVAC unit replaced ASAP because fall/winter in Minnesota is unpredictable and we were already into October.

The unit and installation cost $3000 total. I was to pay The Home Service Club $2000 and they would pay the full $3000 to the HVAC company. I signed and sent over information and they did not hesitate to take the money. I eventually was able to set up a time to get the new unit installed. The local technician did a great job and I was very pleased to have this all behind me and have a new unit.

Or so I thought... One year later, I get a phone call saying that The Home Service Club never paid the local company who did the installation any money and that action can be taken against my property (aka a lien). I have all documentation showing the $2000 withdrawal by The Home Service Club, the credit authorization, and the email exchanges showing the $3000 total cost and breakdown. I am confident that this will eventually be resolved at no cost to me, but after this experience I don't want anyone else to have to go through this and get scammed by this company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

From day 1, they have denied covering ANYTHING finding some fine print or loophole in the so-called contract. Cover pest-control but not bees.. Cover HVAC but not "wear and tear". Not their responsibility.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The Home Service Club is a fraudulent company. They do not provide the service that you pay them to do. They will not send technicians to service your appliances and their customer service is the worst in the industry. Please save your time, money and energy and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I do not recommend this company. We signed up with Home Service Club in May 2020 when we purchased a new home. I was told that all appliances were covered and if they could not be fixed they would be replaced with a new unit. Well our refrigerator broke shortly after we moved in. I filed a claim. First problem was it took almost 2 weeks just to get a technician out to see if our refrigerator could be fixed (and that was with numerous calls to Home Service Club asking for status and when we could expect someone).

Technician came out and said he needed to order a part and get the approval for the work from Home Service Club. We waited a couple days to hear back from someone/anyone on the status. Again after calls and asking to speak with a manager. The manager called me back and told me that the refrigerator could not be fixed and the would give me a fraction of the cost for a new unit due to depreciation. We discussed that this was not the service sold to me. (I was told a whole new replacement not a depreciated amount). The manager and I agreed that my contract could be canceled and I would get a full refund. My refund would take about 2-4 weeks to be received.

Well it is now been almost 4 months since we canceled our contract with the Home Service Club and I have still not seen my refund. I have called the manager that I canceled my contract with and all I get is voicemail and no returned calls. I have called the customer service department numerous times and all I get is my refund is being processed and all that they can do is put in a status request. And every time they promise to call me back with and update I never hear back from them.

I have called asking to speak with a manager. And according to the customer service all they can do is put in the request and a manager will call me in 24-72 hours. I have not received 1 call back from a manager. I have asked to speak with someone/anyone over the managers. Again all customer service can do is put in the request. I have asked for direct phone numbers to managers, the accounting department, supervisors, anyone over customer service and nothing. They will not give out this information. Please save your money and do not use this company!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I purchased a 3 year warranty less than a year ago. A couple months later, my washing machine broke. They would not repair or replace it, just give me a 200 credit at Lowe's toward a new one. Two months later, my master bathroom shower starts leaking. Took a week to get someone out, and then another week for them to deny the claim. "Corrosion" is not covered. It seems that nothing is covered. I cancelled on July 20th. They said I would have a check in 4 to 6 weeks. It is Sept 30th and they still have not issued a check. Oh, and my "scheduled" refund, if I ever get it, is less than 2/3rd of what I paid, even though I had the policy for around 6 months and they paid out nothing. The only reason I am cancelling is because they refuse to cover anything. Don't throw your money away!!!!

Resolution response: Sept. 29, 2020

After publishing the review, I got a call from HSC. I am offered a refund amount that matches my expectation. So I am satisfied with this refund part of the HSC experience. Though their offer is in exchange for this follow up to my original review regarding the resolution, fine, that is fair enough. I fulfill my part of the deal by resolving this review, let's see if they follow through their part of the deal and how fast I get my refund.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I bought a 5 years and 6 months contract in Sept 2019. In Sept 2020, my shower needed a repair. Just a simple replacement of the diverter valve. I made the service request and waited 2 weeks for their contractor. I understand we are in time of a pandemic, the service time is slow. But not that slow! Finally the contractor called in, to tell me they refuse to work with Home Service Club because they are still waiting to be paid for the last rendered service for that company! Call HSC again, I am told to wait for them to find me another contractor or I find one then let them to contract with him. I immediately found one contract to come the same day, same morning! But the contractor refuse to work with HSC. Though this came even better for me because I was only charged for $49 instead of HSC's per service fee of $65!

After this disappointing experience, I decided to cancel my policy. What is the point to get a home warranty if you cannot get the service when you need it??

When I signed the contract, the clause stipulates that I could cancel anytime with the pro-rated amount refund. But now they gave me a refund amount with $300 short for processing fees! That is not written anywhere in the contract! The wait time is 45 business days to get the refund check. I promise you, once I get that refund check and the accompanied details of the refund (I hope that they do details justifications), I will file a complaint to my state's consumer protection department for that $300! DO NOT buy from Home Service Club!

The Home Service Club Company Information