2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.26/5

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Home Service Club, also known as HSC Warranty, sells home warranties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The company offers standard coverage, comprehensive coverage and optional add-ons. The Home Service Club doesn’t require home inspections, and there’s no age limit on covered systems and appliances. Annual costs for a home warranty with The Home Service Club start at around $400.

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

The Home Service Club Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2020

Horrible Company! They are quick to sell you a plan but when you need them don’t expect to be of any service. My dishwasher went out 5 months into our warranty and I opened a claim and was told a technician will call to schedule. After 3 days of hearing nothing I called them just to find out they haven’t done anything with the claim because they didn’t have my home inspection on file. Nowhere does it mention that you are required to provide that in order to receive service, and quite honestly I feel like if they want to evaluate the condition of the house they should send their own team. After sending the home inspection 3 days went by and still nothing.

I called again and was told that they don’t have my home inspection but they are looking at replacing the dishwasher and I should be contacted by the offer department with an offer. No one can tell you how long it will take, seems like they are trying to tire you so you end up going with a different plan. Two extra days have passed and no call. When I called them to ask to speak to a supervisor I was given a handful of excuses: “they are at a meeting”, “I can assure someone will call today”. I decided to not hang up until I spoke to a supervisor. After 2 hours the rep came on the line and said: “someone will call you back soon, good day” and hung up without giving me a chance to speak. I’ll be canceling my policy after this!

Resolution response: May 27, 2020

Issue has been resolved.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I filed a claim on my AC 2nd week in March 2020, I didn't get a response until a week later, a few days after someone from HSC contacted me after numerous calls the contractor finally came added coolant and mentioned other things. A week later 1st week in April HSC called to notify me repairs were approved and contractor would contact me to schedule appt. A few days go by I call contractor whose phone always goes straight to voicemail leave several messages no response. Well coolant helped a little until this weekend over a month after initial claim AC completely out today 5/1/20.

Contractor still nonresponsive. Contact HSC. They offer to contact contractor. Well 2 days later still no AC in Texas HEAT. HSC hadn't attempted to send another contractor, has not called me to provide any status updates. I called daily not to mention they are not available regularly on weekends for emergencies. This claim has been going on over a month now and nothing, I intend to cancel these services and seek a full refund for the last 2 months???? Their services have been unavailable. This is terrible!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Do not purchase from them. Please!! I am still waiting on my refund, for a month now. I was double charged. They owe me $525. Was told they canceled the contract but I’m still getting it taken out of my account. Thank God the contracts are about to expire. It was a waste and they don’t fix nothing. They make excuses after taking your claim money. I rarely ever write reviews but this company made me take time out of my busy schedule to write this review in hopes to steer people away from the mistakes I and many others Made. You’ll never get your refund based on the other reviews. So they just steal your money. Now I have to go to a higher power to fight for this. And I will. Just to be a pain in their butts.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Once I purchased a one year warranty all was perfect. After researching this company I found many hidden bad reviews and found that they are not accredited at this time. Less than 24 hours I canceled. When asking about my reimbursement I found that I was on hold for over 20 minutes on each call that I made. (3 separate times). I was told it would take 2 to 4 weeks to get my card reimbursed. It's been over 30 days and two emails sent and no response.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Updated on 04/17/2020: I wanted to provide and update to our real time experience with The Home Service Club. As of today 4/17/2020. My husband has been calling the company every day trying to get an update to our claim. At this moment my husband is on the phone with the company and they claim that they have been trying to call us for the past couple of days. This is not true. I have had my cell phone on me and so has my husband and neither one of us have received a phone call from the company.

They are trying to pass the blame onto us stating they have been unable to contact us. It's amazing how they were able to call and email us when they wanted our inspection report but now all of a sudden we are the unresponsive party. This entire company is a joke. My husband has received nothing but the runaround from them since the beginning with no resolve and cooperation from the company.

Original review: So my husband and I closed on a house on March 24. Well on yesterday 4/13/2020 we discover that the fridge is leaking water and is not producing ice. I submit a request on line only to receive an email from the claims supervisor that they haven't received my Inspection Report and can't schedule a repair request without it (had no idea it was missing because everything was supposed to be handled through escrow). I emailed the supervisor back and provided her with the requested report and asked about scheduling a repair now that she has the report. Well I never received a response to that email. I called, waited on hold for 1 hour to speak with that same supervisor and for her to tell me that someone will contact me with the name of a repair company.

A few hours later a rep calls and tells me that Don's Appliance will be calling to schedule a repair. My husband and I waited all day yesterday for Don's Appliance to call only for us to have to call them and for Don's to tell us that they are not contracted with Home Service Club and haven't been for a while because The Home Service Club hadn't been paying their bills with their contracted vendors. Don's has left 3 messages with them in order to try to get some contract set up so that they can come and repair our fridge, and they haven't received a response.

Today 4/14/2020, myself or Don's Appliance hasn't heard anything back from The Home Service Club and I am currently on hold (so far 1 hour and 15 mins and counting). I received an email early this morning from the same supervisor telling me that she didn't receive my attached inspection report (it was attached to my original email). She made no mention of the numerous times that myself, my husband and Don's attempted to reach out to her yesterday and no acknowledgement of our repair.

This is a real time review with no resolution so far. My phone call just ended (literally their line just dropped my call after holding for over 1 hour). SERIOUSLY. I'm so pissed right now. I think my husband and I will just have to pay for it ourselves and cancel our policy with this company. HORRIBLE experience and horrible company! DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY!!! It is a waste of time and energy.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a Senior Supervisor that was able to clear up all misunderstandings. Should you need further assistance please reach out to her directly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Home Service Club?

Original review: April 13, 2020

I purchased the 3-year service plan less than a year ago which is a few thousand dollars. I have been requesting service online in the past few weeks for a refrigerator to no avail. The online process doesn't create a confirmation email despite generating a service request number once the request is submitted. I then decided to call the 800 number and request the service on the phone.

I have been on hold, multiple times without luck to speak with a representative, each time for almost 30 minutes before hanging with frustration. So I decided to contact their sales department instead and get patched through to the service department, you know, a back door approach. The sales representative answered the call in less than a minute and curtly transferred me to the service department for another 30 minute hold and no response. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had to endure. It appears that sales is still running smooth yet once you are hooked, service is not provided.

Original review: March 24, 2020

They have not failed me so far and odds are, they probably won't no matter what! My washing machine was spewing water all over the place when I came back home from a 2-week trip. I just didn't have the mental capacity to deal with that yet so I called up HSC and the repairman even helped me clean up the mess. All part of the job he said!

The Home Service Club response

Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,
      Josh Briggs

clientservices@hscwarranty.com

Original review: March 20, 2020

This is the worst home warranty service I have ever worked with, and as a REALTOR I have worked with almost every warranty company that does business in Virginia. From terrible customer service to outstanding vendor bills over $25,000, it's hard to imagine a worse way of doing business. The final straw was when I attempted to cancel my account. They refused!

Since I'm working from home more during this coronavirus outbreak, reach out to me if you want to join a group action. I'm going to make some calls to the attorneys general of Virginia and New York to see what I can do on that front, but if I can't find any satisfaction there I'll begin searching for a class action attorney. They are absolutely the worst group of shysters with which I've had the displeasure of doing business. -1000 stars.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Home Service Club has outstanding online reviews, but I am here to tell you to RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!!! Our 5-year-old refrigerator stopped working so we filed a claim with our home warranty, Home Service Club. Within a few hours I received a call from a supervisor who proceeded to tell me that she would contact our local appliance repair shop, and have a resolution fro us the next day. Instead of getting a resolution, we proceeded to get the run around; not one of our repeated calls was returned. After 2 weeks passed by with no resolution and no communication from Home Service Club, I canceled our warranty. However, we have not yet received a refund.

The Home Service Club response

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide details of your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value customer feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. Our records reflect that a supervisor has reached to you, and is actively trying to get this resolved for you. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Home Service Club is really quick to reply! I called to file a claim and three hours after, my broken water heater's already fixed. Wow! Really fast to respond and great customer service from the Home Service Club reps!

The Home Service Club response

We are pleased to have served you. We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. We hope to continue to provide you with exceptional service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

The Home Service Club Company Information