2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Liberty Home Guard offers three flexible warranty plans with optional add-ons designed to fit the needs of every customer. Basic plans start at around $1 a day, and comprehensive coverage begins at $1.50 a day. The company writes its policies directly with an in-house underwriting team that can custom write plans to fit various situations. Customers can view policies and make payments through Liberty Home Guard’s online portal, and those who cancel within the first 30 days receive a full refund. The company is fully licensed and accredited in all of the states it operates in, and its claims department is open 24/7. Liberty Home Guard has a network of more than 10,000 licensed technicians.

BOTTOM LINE

Although most of Liberty Home Guard's plans are more than the advertised $1 a day, there are still budget-friendly options. Liberty Home Guard is a good choice for consumers new to home warranties.

PROS

• Straightforward plans
  • Convenient customer portal
  • Affordable options

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Liberty Home Guard Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

My real estate agent purchased this warranty for me upon closing ... my agent said they use Liberty Home Guard for the majority of their houses. I can personally recommend this company after using their services on my electrical system. I told all my neighbors to give you guys a try, thanks a ton.

The sales rep Alex that signed me up was very informative and transparent. ... The other companies I spoke with just “yessed” me to death and told me everything would be covered. ... I went with Liberty because not only were their reviews above par, the sales rep was really knowledgeable.

Liberty Home Guard Get a Quote

What is Liberty Home Guard?

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty company with three plan options: One plan covers appliances, one covers systems and a third plan covers both systems and appliances. Liberty Home Guard is available in 42 states and Washington, D.C., and has 24/7 customer service and claims departments. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on home warranty contracts.

Liberty Home Guard does not serve customers in California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming.

Liberty Home Guard plans

Liberty Home Guard has three main plans: Appliance Guard, Systems Guard and Total Home Guard. Liberty Home Guard's warranties require a one-year contract.

Appliance Guard Plan
  • Air conditioning
  • Plumbing
  • Water heater
Total Home Guard Plan
The Total Home Guard Plan covers everything in both the Appliance Guard Plan and Systems Guard Plan.
Additional coverage
  • Trash compactor
  • Freestanding ice maker
  • In-fridge ice maker

Liberty Home Guard costs

Although Liberty Home Guard plans start at just $1 a day, most Liberty Home Guard plans cost, on average, between $400 and $600 a year. The most affordable plans in cheaper regions of the country cost as little as $350 a year, while more comprehensive plans cost as little as $550. A typical standard service fee, which you pay for each repair, ranges between $65 and $125, depending on the type of plan. The best way to get an exact price for a home warranty is to request a quote from the company, as pricing depends on the plan, additional options and your home's size and location.

Liberty Home Guard FAQ

Does Liberty Home Guard require a home inspection?
No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t require a home inspection for home warranty customers. LHG also doesn’t require maintenance records.
Does Liberty Home Guard let me use my own contractor?
Sometimes, but the company suggests using one of its own contractors for quick repairs.
Does Liberty Home Guard have an age limit on what it will cover?
No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t have an age limit for covered homes, systems or appliances.
How long is Liberty Home Guard’s workmanship guarantee?
Liberty Home Guard has a 60-day workmanship guarantee. If an issue arises within 60 days after a repair, the company sends an expert to fix the problem at no charge.

Is Liberty Home Guard worth it?

Liberty Home Guard is worth it for most homeowners. First-time homebuyers appreciate the straightforward nature of the plans, their affordability and the convenience of not needing a home inspection. Several consumer reviews describe the ease of working with LHG. Most plans are more expensive than $1 a day, but they are still largely affordable.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: May 28, 2020

We’ve been in the house for five and a half years and ni the first two years, we had a home warranty. Then, we stopped because we were paying deductibles, and some things were covered, and some things weren’t. We decided that if there ever was a major repair, then, we just would cash flow it and we didn’t need the warranty. We weren’t sure if we were getting the value out of it.

In the last couple of years, we have had some pretty big expenses. My friend, a sales rep for a builder, has some real estate that he has by himself. He bought a couple of builder homes and rents them out. He said to always get a home warranty. He always does and he was giving me examples of how he has used it over the years. We had already been kind of thinking about it and that was enough so I said okay. He said maybe I didn’t have the right one. I asked which one he used. He said Liberty Home Guard and the next day, I signed up.

I went online but it just said, “This much extra per year to cover the pool.” I called customer service because I wanted to get some clarification on some of the upgrades on our pool equipment. I asked, "What’s covered? Is it just the equipment? What about plaster, or the drainage and plumbing pieces of it?” The rep gave me clarification. Then he upsold me but he also got me some discounts over multi-year deals.

Liberty Home Guard response

Gregg, thank you so much for the kind words! We are so happy you have entrusted us with your home. We are looking forward to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I did a Google search on best home warranty companies and providers and Liberty Home Guard was in the top three. So, I called them for a quote. The application process was fairly easy. The coverage seemed fairly standard compared to what the other one I had previously worked with was. Our AC unit failed, and so I called them. They dispatched an AC certified technician company and they came out here and had it fixed within three days. They were Bona certified. They were a legitimate AC company, so they work with folks that had the qualifications, at least, so far that I've seen. I've actually called them four times since we moved in. We had some issues with the house and each time, it’s been a certified provider that came in.

When I first got Liberty, they seemed a little reluctant to dispatch someone. My second service call was a plumbing issue and they asked me to provide them a written statement saying that when I had bought the house, this issue wasn’t preexisting. It was kind of an unusual thing to have happened because I just bought the policy. It was six weeks in and there was a period of time where you wait before you’re allowed to make a call, which is fine. I called them. I thought it was a normal service call. It was a plumbing issue, and they had me fill out this long document. They wanted me to prove that this issue wasn’t preexisting when I had set the policy up.

It couldn’t have been. I didn’t own the house yet. I told them, "I could send to you the home inspection if you’d like to do it that way,” which showed that I have no knowledge of the issue because we had the home inspected. They said, “No, we just need this filled out.” So, I filled it out and I sent it to them. After that, they called me back and dispatched somebody to rectify the issue. But I’m sure in that industry, it’s difficult to ascertain. Some folks probably do try to take advantage. I’m not one of those people, but that can happen.

One of the dispatched companies that came here explained to me that they tend to find ways not to provide service versus providing service. They work with all the home warranty companies. The gentleman actually said, “Well, we’re gonna fix this for you. And normally, this would be covered under home warranty, but sometimes, your specific provider doesn’t say it is.” I asked how could that be. It was a pretty basic thing. They said, “Well, we just have to word it very carefully on the claim after the fact. Otherwise, they might not honor it. Well, just don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine, but you just wanna be mindful of them in the future.”

For $3,000, I bought a five-year policy with this company. So, I’m hoping that what that individual shared with me is not true. That was a little disheartening. But each time I’ve had an issue, they have gotten back to me and they have dispatched a service provider as the home warranty provides for, which is why I purchased it. But there are some oddities about it. When you call them, sometimes it goes through an answering service, and then the answering service will tell you that someone will call back. They may call back for a day. They claimed to have a website to put your claims in there, which should be far superior to calling, and it would offer tracking and everything else, but that doesn’t exist either, even though there is this thing that makes it look like you can, but you really can’t. So, it’s kind of weird.

The one I used to have, when I call, somebody answered every time, and they took copious notes. I was allowed to answer things online and track it there. There was a lot more accountability and trackability. I can tell that Liberty is young and new, and I can kinda tell that when I speak to their folks. They're sorta getting used to their own systems. They could be really good. They just need to mature a little bit. But other than that, they solved the problems within a reasonable amount of time.

Liberty Home Guard response

Gregory, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! We are always happy to work with any and all customers to make sure the service is beneficial and up to standards. Our customer service portal was under maintenance in order to make it more customer friendly, and it is now up and running. In order to access your account please go on www.libertyhomeguard.com/customer-login/ and click on reset password. If you may need any assistance, please contact our customer service department and one of our wonderful claims specialists will be able to assist you. Once again, thank you for the kind and honest feedback. We are looking forward to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I was looking to get out of my current warranty because it seemed like every time I needed a service call, they either couldn’t fix it or wouldn’t fix it. It was just always an issue. They always made me pay the service fee. I looked up some places and I got a quote from Liberty Home Guard. The gentleman I talked to was extremely helpful and informative. I went ahead and purchased the warranty on-the-spot with him. He offered me other options as well. It was very easy, quick, and definitely a good process.

Recently, within the last month or two, we had a plumbing issue. I called them and one gentleman came out. There was some miscommunication. He said that the amount was too much, according to Liberty, and Liberty wasn’t gonna use them. When I called Liberty, they said that wasn’t the case. They just had to get it approved and they did that. Then Liberty sent them back out. So, initially, it was a bit frustrating because it was like, what does it matter, how much it is? We needed to get it fixed because at the time, we weren’t able to use the restroom downstairs ‘cause there was a lot of water leaking. But we ended up getting it fixed within a day and a half, so I couldn’t complain. Everything’s working out really well.

Liberty Home Guard response

Julieta, thank you so much for entrusting us with your home! We are thrilled to have you as a valued customer.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I followed the link on a posting from Consumer Affairs and it took me to Liberty.Then they contacted me within minutes after I clicked on a few links. Looking at their coverage on their website, they seemed like a good deal. They also offered me a five-year plan for a very good rate, so I opted for that. Their customer service when I was going through the application process was very easy. My experience was excellent. The gentleman I talked to was not pushy. He answered all my questions. And then he asked a couple of questions that caught me off-guard. He said that they have discounts for both veterans and those who were in public service, and they applied those to the plan I selected. He kept finding ways to make it a little more affordable for me. So, I paid for the five-year plan upfront knowing that if I ever get unhappy, I can get a prorated refund, which was important.

My house is 12 years old and things may start to go apart. I have my HVAC checked twice a year by the same company and they’ve done it since the day I moved in -- once in the beginning of the summer, and once in the fall when the heater is going to get used. I have washers and dryers that I’ve changed belts and motors and things like that. I take care of my equipment very well. But I’m getting up there in years and right now I have a broken leg from a severe motorcycle accident. So, if something happened to any of my equipment, there is nothing I could do. So, Liberty seemed to be a good fit for me. If there is an issue, they either come and fix it, or give you money to replace a unit, which I thought was handy. When I read the contract, however, there are a lot of exceptions that I’m not thrilled with, as well. But, overall, I'd definitely give them a try. If their plan fits your needs, they would be my choice.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Liberty sent me spam and it should have gone to unsolicited mail. I clicked on it and it showed me the prices and what was covered. Then, I asked for a quote and another guy ended up immediately calling. It wasn’t five minutes and I had three phone calls from different people that had hit their screens. So, they were prompt and I had no problem at all. I did some research and I talked to somebody in New York a couple of different times. He wasn’t pushy and he worked and gave me the best offer. I'm really pleased with Liberty.

The ice maker went and Liberty sent a guy out. I was going out of town for a couple of days and he thought I was going out of town for three weeks. I had to call back and ask where the part was because Samsung sent the wrong part which Liberty immediately caught so they had to do it again but I had no problem with that. I didn’t pay anything to Liberty and when I was with American Home Shield, I would have a $75 charge every time besides my insurance. AHS sent a couple of guys out that I wouldn’t allow back at my house. When something is broken and you know that the individual will only come out to your house on Fridays which is convenient on his way home from work is not the type of service I want. When the garage spring broke, I asked the gal from AHS on the phone if it was covered and she said that they would have to send out a person. The guy charged me $75 to tell me that it was broken and it wasn’t covered, and I already knew that.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2020

Upon speaking with a claims manager they were more than happy to reach a compromise that was agreeable to both parties.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I have had Liberty Home Guard for almost a year. I have had 2 claims that were both denied. The first one was a built-in microwave. It was denied because mechanical switches are not covered. The second was a leak in my evaporator coil. The system is older and it was denied because they said that the coil was not a mechanical part. I do this for a living and rest assured the coil is a part of a mechanical system. The coil itself has a piston and cap tubes or a TV valve. It is mechanical. My company will no longer do business with any warranty company because they find a way to deny almost everything. Don't waste your time or money on this scam.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

Every time I have gone through Liberty Home Services for home repairs has been a good experience. Their customer service is great. They make sure to let you know how the service call process is going and continue to keep in touch through it all. There are no long wait times to get the repairs done.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

In my experience Liberty Is a great warranty company. The couple of claims that I have had were settled quickly. One was a garage door claim and when the garage found more damage than the estimate showed they quickly got the additional funds to complete the repair out. The recent discounts they gave us due to the COVID-19 pandemic has been especially helpful during a hard financial spot.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I’ve recently purchased a 2 year plan, even though I was a bit skeptical. But never regretted it. When my waste disposer got broken, Max was patient with me, due to not completely understanding the steps needed. Made sure all the information I gave him was accurate to better serve and submit a claim. He made me aware of my options with my repair and how the process works, so I felt at ease making the claim for our needs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I started my application to Liberty Home Guard online and was called by a rep named Eddie. He got me signed up and he was very private, friendly and professional. My experience with Liberty has been very good thus far.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information