2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.30/5

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty company with flexible plans and optional add-on coverage. Customers can file claims, view claim status, renew and upgrade policies and update payment information using Liberty Home Guard’s online portal. Repairs come with a 60-day warranty. Plans are available in 45 states plus Washington, D.C.

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Home Guard has a vast network of licensed technicians. Contracts have some limitations, but there’s no limit to the number of repairs or replacements. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

PROS
  • Straightforward plans
  • Convenient customer portal
  • Affordable options
  • Flexible contract terms
CONS
  • Not available in all states
  • Some report claim denials

Top Liberty Home Guard Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Love that they are cheap, that they include already diagnosed issues and offered discounts for multiple years to include free roof repairs. They also offered free waived copays for initial visits when an issue arises. The salesman was nice…

Liberty Home Guard really came through this time just like they have before. I've had to make several claims over the years, and they have consistently come through helping me out. Will use them for my next house purchase…

Liberty Home Guard Call Now Toll Free (646) 453-6807 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Liberty Home Guard plans

Liberty Home Guard offers three home warranty plans. One plan covers appliances, one covers systems and the third covers both systems and appliances. You can purchase a month-to-month, annual or multiyear policy. New customers can start requesting service after 30 or 60 days, depending on the contract terms. You can purchase these plans regardless of the age of your systems and appliances; no home inspection is required.

Systems Guard plan

The Systems Guard plan protects some of the most important systems in your home:

• Air conditioning

• Electrical
  • Water heaters
  • Garbage disposals
Additional coverage

Some of the available add-on coverage options from LHG include:

• Limited roof leak
  • Central vacuum
  • Lighting fixtures
  • Plumbing fixtures

Liberty Home Guard cost

Liberty Home Guard plans start at around $30 per month. Comprehensive coverage costs a little more, starting at around $45 per month. Most plans cost, on average, between $400 and $600 a year. The most affordable plans cost as little as $350 a year, while more comprehensive plans cost as little as $550. A typical standard service fee, which you pay each time you make a claim, ranges between $65 and $125, depending on the plan.

Although Liberty Home Guard advertises that its plans start at just $1 a day, most contracts cost more. The best way to get an exact price for a home warranty is to request a quote from the company, as pricing depends on the plan, any add-ons you choose and your home's size and location.

Liberty Home Guard FAQ

Where is Liberty Home Guard available?
The company currently offers plans in all states except California, Illinois, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Does Liberty Home Guard require a home inspection?
No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t require a home inspection in order for you to purchase a home warranty. LHG also doesn’t require maintenance records.
Does Liberty Home Guard let me use my own contractor?
Sometimes, but the company suggests using one of its own contractors for repairs.
Does Liberty Home Guard have an age limit on what it will cover?
No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t have an age limit for covered systems or appliances.
How long is Liberty Home Guard’s workmanship guarantee?
Liberty Home Guard has a 60-day workmanship guarantee. If an issue arises within 60 days after a repair, the company sends a contractor to fix the problem at no extra charge.
What is Liberty Home Guard’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel at any time. If you cancel within 30 days of enrolling, Liberty Home Guard provides a refund, minus any claims paid. After 30 days, you can still cancel and get a prorated refund. LHG charges a “small administrative overhead fee” for all cancellations.

Is Liberty Home Guard worth it?

Liberty Home Guard is worth it for some homeowners. First-time homebuyers appreciate the straightforward nature of the plans, the affordability and the convenience of no home inspection requirements. Several reviews describe the ease of working with the company, and we like that it lets you make a claim 24/7 online or by phone, shows your claim status online and backs repairs with a 60-day workmanship warranty.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

We had never used a home warranty company before, and we were about a month and a half in with another home warranty company we went through. We had to wait for the 30 days with this other company and within one to two claims, they were shoddy with their customer service. It wasn't so much the claim by the time that was done, it was the callback to being able to contact somebody. It was terrible, so I wanted to look into other options. I looked at ConsumerAffairs first and I did more research with Liberty. I saw that they had good ratings and I was very pleased when I saw the reviews, so I chose them. I called on the phone and the application was super easy. Liberty has been a breath of fresh air to deal with. We have four properties that are insured by them and we’re very pleased.

I'm very satisfied with the plan. We've had three claims and the repair people have been superb. All of them have been first class. I never heard of one of them and when I researched them, they were 45 minutes away. I liked them, so I'm going to start using them for other services. There was also a plumbing company that's very reputable in our county that they had never used before. When we had a plumbing issue, Liberty called them and worked it out with them. Some businesses don't want to work with home warranty companies, but the plumber said that Liberty paid them upfront. The quality was very good.

Liberty Home Guard response

Kelli, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the plan. Welcome to Liberty Home Guard!

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

We just bought a house and we were looking at getting service. We thought of using American Home Shield, which we had previously. Then, looking at something on the web and doing comparisons, we came across Liberty Home Guard. There was some sort of comparison chart that showed a grading of home warranty services and based on that, we thought, “Well, we've had experience with American Home Shield for quite a few years.” We thought we’d try somebody different that seemed to grade out a little better.

We applied to Liberty Home Guard over the phone, which, as opposed to filling out paperwork or going to a website, was different. But it was okay. It was kinda difficult to make an informative decision without really being able to lay things out in front of oneself and kinda try to figure out which could be the best plan for our situation. I suppose it would have been helpful. They offer a discount but I wasn't thrilled to hear, “Well, you gotta buy it today or in the next 24 hours, or you lose this opportunity.” That kind of stuff doesn't get my attention very much.

One thing that I was a bit bothered was we had just barely moved into the house. I called on the 4th of October. We just signed the papers on the 25th of September. There is a 30-day period before the policy kicks in. I would have thought maybe there would have been something that would have been available. They said, “Well, you did buy this house. We do kick in sooner or whatever the case may be.” That weekend, before I knew whatever the problem was, we had a problem with pipes freezing. It was 65 to 70 degrees outside. It turned out there was a furnace that had to be replaced but because it's within that 30-day period of signing up, it couldn't be covered. That was a major expense. I was disappointed about that. So, hopefully, there won't be anything else going wrong. But if there's something major, I'm gonna be definitely using Liberty.

Liberty Home Guard response

Jeff, thank you for the high rating! Thank you for choosing Liberty Home Guard!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I spoke with a couple of different companies and the guy at Liberty Home Guard offered me a deal because we have multiple properties. I had a service request for an electrical issue and I called them on the phone. It was easy enough. They didn't have anyone in our area, so I had to find someone. I wasn't terribly surprised that they didn't have someone in our area because those particular properties are in a very small town. So, that wasn't unexpected. They did a great job of going ahead and covering it then and they did pay for it. I was satisfied with the way they did it.

Also, I liked the salesperson that I dealt with in the beginning really well. The young lady that helped me with the claim was okay. I did get irritated that they wanted me to send in some paperwork that said that I wasn't trying to rip them off. They were all new policies. I made sure that if something happens before the policy went into effect, I didn't bother calling. So then, the first time that I did call, I got, "Well, you need to fill this out and tell us you're not trying to take advantage."

That was pretty annoying. I almost canceled all the policies over that. Then, I noticed that my property management guy when he did a claim a few weeks later, he had to fill one out too. I was like, "Wow." They have a time limit, we abide by it, and then we still get clobbered with that. That's ridiculous. But that was really the only thing negative. Liberty Home Guard was as advertised. They did what they said they would do.

Liberty Home Guard response

Katie, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! We are always here to assist!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I went to a site that listed the top 10 home warranty companies. I've had Total Home, AHS and somebody else. I wasn't too happy with Total Home. The agent from the site advised me that AHS was a good company, but they had expanded too much and is unable to service everybody under the program. So, I went with Liberty based on that. I thought Liberty was gonna send me a contract but I looked it up online and read the contract and it's a typical contract. There are a lot of things that aren't covered. I understand that. The things that break are not covered, but that's universal to all the home warranty companies. I was just looking for something that covered major repairs. Liberty's price was not that good, but it was good enough for me to subscribe.

Total Home was 40 months for about 2000 and their deductible was only $45. The deductible I have now is 65, but I wasn't happy with Total Home because they would take your call on weekends, but they wouldn't provide service until weekdays. If I had an emergency like a well pump went out, I had to hire somebody to provide me with a new pump because Total Home doesn't provide service on weekends. I asked Liberty's agent and he said they provide service on the weekends.

The agent I spoke to at Liberty was Sam. The other company that I talked to was rated quite high, but they didn't call me for two days after I put in my inquiry for them to call me back. Liberty called me back right away. I ended up going with Liberty because Sam was knowledgeable. He was persuasive. He was a good salesman.

Liberty Home Guard response

Arthur, thank you for the high rating! Welcome to Liberty Home Guard!

Original review: May 28, 2020

We’ve been in the house for five and a half years and ni the first two years, we had a home warranty. Then, we stopped because we were paying deductibles, and some things were covered, and some things weren’t. We decided that if there ever was a major repair, then, we just would cash flow it and we didn’t need the warranty. We weren’t sure if we were getting the value out of it.

In the last couple of years, we have had some pretty big expenses. My friend, a sales rep for a builder, has some real estate that he has by himself. He bought a couple of builder homes and rents them out. He said to always get a home warranty. He always does and he was giving me examples of how he has used it over the years. We had already been kind of thinking about it and that was enough so I said okay. He said maybe I didn’t have the right one. I asked which one he used. He said Liberty Home Guard and the next day, I signed up.

I went online but it just said, “This much extra per year to cover the pool.” I called customer service because I wanted to get some clarification on some of the upgrades on our pool equipment. I asked, "What’s covered? Is it just the equipment? What about plaster, or the drainage and plumbing pieces of it?” The rep gave me clarification. Then he upsold me but he also got me some discounts over multi-year deals.

Liberty Home Guard response

Gregg, thank you so much for the kind words! We are so happy you have entrusted us with your home. We are looking forward to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Both technicians for the garage door opener and ceiling fan were professional and pleasant. LHG’s customer service did their best to schedule an appointment the very next day for us both times, and I absolutely appreciate such an approach.

Liberty Home Guard response

Serena, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Original review: May 7, 2021

Liberty Home Guard delivers the service they promise: quickly, professionally, and friendly. My kitchen sink was clogged, and the plumber came out the same day and thoroughly cleaned out the drain and got my sink working again. He also cleaned the area when he was done. Thank you LHG!!!

Liberty Home Guard response

Mark, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Thank you for choosing Liberty Home Guard.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Very pleased with the service. The staff did a great job of getting the appointment scheduled within a couple of hours. The young man did a great job at fixing the problem with the laundry machines. Highly recommend Liberty’s service.

Liberty Home Guard response

Will, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Original review: May 4, 2021

Liberty Home Guard’s team definitely stands behind their service. The parts for my oven were no longer available and Liberty Home Guard instead replaced the entire oven! Very impressed with their level of service.

Liberty Home Guard response

Randolf, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Our customer service department is always here to assist you.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I was totally pleased with the work Liberty’s technician performed. He told me right away what the problem was, was very professional and efficient. The repair took less than an hour, and now the lights work great again.

Liberty Home Guard response

Carol, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! Thank you for choosing Liberty Home Guard!

Liberty Home Guard Company Information