2. Homeowners
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5
Visit Website

Liberty Home Guard is one of the country’s fastest-growing and best-rated home warranty providers. They are fully licensed and accredited in all of the states they operate in, and have impeccable ratings across myriad consumer platforms, including Consumer Affairs and the BBB. Liberty Home Guard touts a 24/7 US-based customer service and claims departments, a network of over 10,000 highly-credentialed and licensed technicians who are typically dispatched within 24-hours, and is a powerful leader in the industry when it comes to covering claims.

Its policies stand out as covering more contents of your home than other providers, with easy-to-understand warranty options for those looking for full appliance coverage, systems coverage, or both. Liberty Home Guard offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with flexible payment options. Warranty coverage is only as good as the company behind it, and Liberty Home Guard stands out as a growing leader in the industry--which is why homeowners, renters, sellers, property managers, realtors and dozens of other categories across the nation have chosen to protect their properties with Liberty Home Guard.

View More View More

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I followed the link on a posting from Consumer Affairs and it took me to Liberty.Then they contacted me within minutes after I clicked on a few links. Looking at their coverage on their website, they seemed like a good deal. They also offered me a five-year plan for a very good rate, so I opted for that. Their customer service when I was going through the application process was very easy. My experience was excellent. The gentleman I talked to was not pushy. He answered all my questions. And then he asked a couple of questions that caught me off-guard. He said that they have discounts for both veterans and those who were in public service, and they applied those to the plan I selected. He kept finding ways to make it a little more affordable for me. So, I paid for the five-year plan upfront knowing that if I ever get unhappy, I can get a prorated refund, which was important.

My house is 12 years old and things may start to go apart. I have my HVAC checked twice a year by the same company and they’ve done it since the day I moved in -- once in the beginning of the summer, and once in the fall when the heater is going to get used. I have washers and dryers that I’ve changed belts and motors and things like that. I take care of my equipment very well. But I’m getting up there in years and right now I have a broken leg from a severe motorcycle accident. So, if something happened to any of my equipment, there is nothing I could do. So, Liberty seemed to be a good fit for me. If there is an issue, they either come and fix it, or give you money to replace a unit, which I thought was handy. When I read the contract, however, there are a lot of exceptions that I’m not thrilled with, as well. But, overall, I'd definitely give them a try. If their plan fits your needs, they would be my choice.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Liberty sent me spam and it should have gone to unsolicited mail. I clicked on it and it showed me the prices and what was covered. Then, I asked for a quote and another guy ended up immediately calling. It wasn’t five minutes and I had three phone calls from different people that had hit their screens. So, they were prompt and I had no problem at all. I did some research and I talked to somebody in New York a couple of different times. He wasn’t pushy and he worked and gave me the best offer. I'm really pleased with Liberty.

The ice maker went and Liberty sent a guy out. I was going out of town for a couple of days and he thought I was going out of town for three weeks. I had to call back and ask where the part was because Samsung sent the wrong part which Liberty immediately caught so they had to do it again but I had no problem with that. I didn’t pay anything to Liberty and when I was with American Home Shield, I would have a $75 charge every time besides my insurance. AHS sent a couple of guys out that I wouldn’t allow back at my house. When something is broken and you know that the individual will only come out to your house on Fridays which is convenient on his way home from work is not the type of service I want. When the garage spring broke, I asked the gal from AHS on the phone if it was covered and she said that they would have to send out a person. The guy charged me $75 to tell me that it was broken and it wasn’t covered, and I already knew that.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I own a couple of homes and I wanted to make sure that I had a warranty for the appliances, the washer, and the dryer. Liberty Home Guard got back to me more quickly than the others, and their rate was comparable to what I budgeted. And when they confirmed the process of repairs, it was pretty easy. I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket should an appliance need to be replaced and they would replace it not with a refurbished product but with a new one. All of those sounded right to me and there was no reason for me to go with another company.

The enrollment process was easy and seamless. They asked me for an inventory of the appliances within each home that I was looking to cover and then the rate was adjusted based on what each home had and what each unit had. Then they came up with a price and sent it via email. And finally, there was a 30-day wait period for the warranty to be active.

I have since used them twice for service calls and they have been extremely professional, attentive and responsive. They followed up and called back to make sure that the vendor reached out to schedule the appointment. Both service calls were taken care of promptly and the vendors that they used have been satisfactory so far. There were some issues with the payment with the first vendor though. They asked my tenant for a credit card when that was something they shouldn’t have been asked because the service call fee was already paid for. Liberty said the vendor was new and wasn't aware of the payment process. There was a mixed up with that, but Liberty spoke to the service person while he was there and resolved it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We were with another warranty company and we didn’t like their service. We started looking for another one and read reviews from Liberty Home Guard's current customers, how the warranty has been done and what Liberty has provided to them. The reviews were all pretty much 4 and 5 stars. There were one or two bad reviews, but I think those were just unpleasable individuals.

Liberty's enrollment process was fast, easy and informative. We have our own special specific team assigned to us. We felt more like a customer than a number. Plus, I have someone I can talk to that speaks English very well instead of someone that sounds like they're 2,000 miles away and does not understand what I'm telling them. Thus far, I'm pretty satisfied with the package I signed up with.

However, the initial contractor assigned to me for my claim was extremely unprofessional. Supposedly, he wanted to come straight out to my home to fix the refrigerator right away without calling Liberty first. He didn't want to tell Liberty what was wrong and having them approve or not approve the parts to be fixed. When he found out, he called me and yelled and cursed over the phone. I told him to get off my phone and that I didn't need him to call me anymore. He called three more times and I hung up on him each time. He even had his wife call my phone and I hung up on her.

I kept calling my Liberty team member back and told them that the contractor was bugging me. I said that I'm a law enforcement officer and if the contractor didn't stop, I was going to take legal action on them. I gave Liberty the opportunity to fix the problem and they did. They cancelled the contractor and got Advanced Repair to come out and fix my refrigerator. Advanced Repair was great. They were very nice and courteous which is the way a contractor should be with a homeowner. They worked with us really well. I would highly recommend Liberty to any family and friend. They are a friendly, informative, upfront, and honest team that you could work with. They are miles above American Home Warranty who we had prior.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Disclaimer - we JUST purchased and have not utilized this warranty yet, but will provide feedback once we do. This is solely in regards to our shopping around and purchase of a warranty. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional the sales rep was. I was up-front with him about our budget limitations and what we expected for coverage and cost and he worked to earn our business, matching as close as possible to the other coverages we'd be quoted. We ultimately selected Liberty because, although their coverage was slightly higher, their positive reviews were MUCH better.

Mr. Eric ** was our account rep. He was a bit pushy in making the sale (didn't want me to get off the phone or call him back), but he was patient, polite, and professional when I asked for him to verify his identity via email for secure payment and to send me a sample contract and hold while I reviewed coverages. Great rep - as long as you go in being knowledgeable about your min coverage and max price and then be firm with your rep, they'll work with you to provide the best coverage they can to give you an honest picture of what's possible.

I wouldn't recommend stepping into this conversation before you're ready or have shopped around a bit though. Mr. ** was a Birddog but he was able to decrease our rates because we're military in order to make the sale. We feel much more comfortable with what Liberty Home is able to offer in the way of accreditation and positive customer experiences for the price we're getting than we were with what Select Home Warranty was offering for almost the same price. We look forward to working with Mr. Thompson and his team at Liberty Home Guard in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I had a plumbing problem, in which I call Liberty Home Guard, I sent the 100 dollar, the plumbing company came out gave me an estimate. The plumbing company call cheap liberty home guard and gave them an estimate, they came with all type of excuses, "Let us review it first," and then they said, "Mr. Quinton **, you have to wait over 30 days for we can pay the cost of the plumbing." Mind you the warranty was paid in full during closing. "Well Mr. ** we can only pay 250 dollars toward the claim," excuses after excuses, and we never receive our refund. Remember you reap what you sow, it's a matter of time and this company will fold, you can't do customers bad and expect to prosper.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

When I did a search of reputable home warranties accredited by Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau, Liberty Home Guard was the best deal. Their enrollment process was very smooth and the rep was able to give me a lot of different plan options. He also worked with me to find a plan within my budget.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I was interested in their service and spoke with their representative on the phone on October 16th. They confirmed the price of the service ($450) and requested my credit card number, which I gave them. BIG MISTAKE. The next day they charged my credit card sent me the contract, which I read and decided I did not want because of all the exclusions in it. So on October 17th I emailed them my cancellation, in accordance with their contract terms. I never heard from them again, and have never received the credit on my credit card statement.

So on October 24th I called my credit card charge dispute department and disputed the charge, which they removed from my bill. After this Liberty called me and said if I remove my dispute they will pay me - I refused as I do trust these crooks to pay me. Then Liberty lied to my credit card company and claimed I never cancelled the agreement!!! So the card company charged me back again and I had to send the card company copies of all my correspondence with them in December. It is still not resolved but the card company has reopened the dispute. A Horrible experience from a bunch of crooks disguised a Home Warranty Company. Stay away from them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

DO NOT USE! UNCOMMUNICATIVE AND LOW COVERAGE LIMIT! I have a leaky pipe. I have been calling about it for days. Originally they said my title company hadn't paid them so I wasn't covered. Then I gave proof of payment. Then they dodged my phone calls. Then I paid a technician $60 and he told me I needed $4000 worth of work. LHG says they will cover $250 of it. What a useless scam! I paid $60 on top of the $600 I spent on the policy to discover that they can't really help me...

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Before I purchased a home warranty with these clowns I asked if a home inspection was required before I signed up. I was assured that a home inspection was not necessary and that I was buying a great warranty to "protect" my investment. Fast forward to today, Monday, January 13, 2020. I had called in a problem with a heating system problem last week and an appointment was scheduled for today. The technician came out and diagnosed one bad part on the outside unit and a bad gas valve inside of the furnace itself. He made a call to Liberty Home Guard and reported the issues. He told me they were researching the coverage and would get back with me.

This afternoon I received a call from Jason at Liberty Home Guard and he informed me that they were not covering any of these parts under the warranty because they couldn't possibly be bad without being bad as a "pre-existing condition." He then proceeded to ask me if I had a copy of a home inspection from when I purchased the home. I informed him that I did not because their sales department did not require one when I made the purchase. I then asked Jason how it was possible for him to ascertain when these parts failed and he told me that with his experience there was no way both of these parts could be failed at the same time. Needless to say but I am requesting a full refund of the warranty purchase price plus the service call fee for today's visit. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THESE CLOWNS, THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR ANYTHING!!!

Liberty Home Guard expert review by Michele Lerner

Protect the appliances and systems in your home with a home warranty plan starting at just $1 per day. Get total coverage for just $1.50 per day. Customize your plan with the add-ons you need, and don’t pay for the ones you don’t.

• Fast claims processing: Every claim is received and processed quickly and efficiently. Your call will always be addressed and handled in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.

• Option to use out of network contractor: Liberty Home Guard has a wide network of contractors, but if you decide to use one that’s out of network, you can opt to take cash instead of the service.

• Live updates: You’ll get live updates on the status of your service order once you submit a claim.

• Flexible pricing: Plans start as low as $1 per day, and you can add on additional coverage if you have things like a pool or second refrigerator.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information