4.53/5
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Home Guard is one of the country’s fastest-growing and best-rated home warranty providers. They are fully licensed and accredited in all of the states they operate in, and have impeccable ratings across myriad consumer platforms, including Consumer Affairs and the BBB. Liberty Home Guard touts a 24/7 US-based customer service and claims departments, a network of over 10,000 highly-credentialed and licensed technicians who are typically dispatched within 24-hours, and is a powerful leader in the industry when it comes to covering claims.

Its policies stand out as covering more contents of your home than other providers, with easy-to-understand warranty options for those looking for full appliance coverage, systems coverage, or both. Liberty Home Guard offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with flexible payment options. Warranty coverage is only as good as the company behind it, and Liberty Home Guard stands out as a growing leader in the industry--which is why homeowners, renters, sellers, property managers, realtors and dozens of other categories across the nation have chosen to protect their properties with Liberty Home Guard.

View More View More

31 Liberty Home Guard Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

I got Liberty Home Guard given that their coverage and price combination seemed the best among home warranty providers. I applied with them by phone and it was an easy process. I've been with them for about three months now and they cover my air conditioning and major appliances. We’ve had two claims and they’ve been handled extremely well, so we've been very happy with them.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I was searching online for a home protection plan. Liberty Home Guard had a five star rating. So, I gave them a call and spoke with Eric. He was very professional and quickly explained the programs available. He answered all my questions and I bought the total protection package. So far so good...We'll really see how good they are when we have a claim. According to others service is great! I'll give them a five star rating based on my initial encounter.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Compared with other providers, Liberty Home Guard offered the best value for the cost. I went with them and the rep that I spoke with on the phone was a good salesman too. Every time I thought I had a great deal he would say, "Oh, but for this, just for a little more, you can get this. You can upgrade." So, he upgraded me a couple of times, but it was stuff I wanted, so I'm happy with it. I got a comprehensive package covering more than just appliances. The application which I did online was also very easy.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The sales rep Alex that signed me up was very informative and transparent, he told me what was and wasn't covered. The other companies I spoke with just “yessed” me to death and told me everything would be covered and I knew something didn't sound right especially with the price they quoted me. In the end I went with Liberty because not only were their reviews above par, the sales rep was really knowledgeable about the policy.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Alex helped sign me up with a policy and I have to say, he was very patient and pleasant to speak through. He spent over 50 minutes answering all my questions and trust me, I had a ton. I then had a claim the next month and he went so far as to coordinate with my dedicated account rep to get me next day service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: July 19, 2019

We have had Liberty Home Guard in the past, and we purchased them in-home. We liked what they offered for the price. I did the application to get everything set up over the phone and it was very simple.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Liberty's staff on the phone seemed genuine, so I went with them. This past weekend, my air conditioner started running from 10:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night and it was not operating normally. I live in Mesa, Arizona where it can be over 100 on a regular basis. I'm 70 years old and I need air conditioning. So, I called Liberty up and told them that I was concerned something was gonna burn up. Not to mention that my power bill was skyrocketing, so there was something broken here.

They had somebody come out and take a look at it, and all they told Liberty was that they couldn’t repair it. They also said that it needs to be replaced. So, Liberty took it on and said that the unit is still running and there was nothing to repair. Neither were they gonna replace it because it's still running. But it's not working as designed and that is not right. The product that they're supposed to be warranting should be any kind of failure. But there's something broken here and they don’t wanna fix it. So far, the unit has been holding about the same but I'm starting to get worried. This has been going on since I noticed on Saturday night and I don’t wanna leave my house. I have animals, so I'm afraid to leave the house and the air goes out.

From what I've seen at this point, Liberty's service is very poor. I told them I was going to find someone else and if I did, I asked if it's all right if I submit that information to them. They said that I could submit it to them for their review, so that told me that the answer was gonna come back the same. They don’t wanna listen to me and I'm very frustrated. I made a phone call to a friend who has a contact and they're gonna be calling me to see what they can do for me. I'm gonna have to do this on my own expense. I'm single old lady, I live in a trailer park, and I don’t have anything.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Based on my awful experience I can’t see how they have any positive reviews. If I could give negative stars I would. It was all good until I actually had a claim to file. I was deceived, spoken to rudely, threatened with legal actions against me!! Yes! You read right! The paying customer. Such a nightmare dealing with Ron, Jason and Ben. They were too busy finding ways and reasons to deny my claim to be professional. My family and I had to tolerate 90+ degrees temperature inside the home due to the AC unit not working. They did not care! It took over a week going back and forth, sending out 2 techs who both had the same diagnosis.... a mechanical issue, which based on my contract should have been covered. But due to ‘lack of maintenance’ my claim was denied. They made no effort to be helpful. Please if you are considering using Liberty for your home warranty needs.... DON’T!!!!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I went to ConsumerAffairs and Liberty Home Guard was the one that was recommended. So I called them and their salespeople are always better. Also, they had a good price. The rep told me that the price would be higher if I would just go with one year. But I can always cancel from what I understand. They seemed very accommodating by telling me that if I have anything that I need fixed that isn't broken, that they can try to arrange to have that done too, which is unusual for a warranty company.

I did get a good deal, but as far as a three-year lock-in for $450 a year and $60 call. But if I have two things regarding any situation, normally, a home warranty company would come out and take care of those two things with one call. So it will be just one call fee. But with Liberty, if I had something wrong with one little electric thing and another, it would be two calls. They will only handle one thing on each call. So every item is separate.

I've had one experience with Liberty Home Guard and it wasn't the best. It was ridiculous. I submitted the claim for the exhaust fan and it took them two weeks to get the claim handled. Everybody had excuses about the other guy leaving because he was having a baby, and then some other guy was out of the office who said he would do something but didn't do it. The contractor came out and on the way to the store, he got a call from his office saying we weren’t approved. Liberty called the contractor and said that it was just a diagnostic. That was their escape hatch. But it was not a diagnostic.

Somebody in Liberty's office mistakenly ordered the electrician out here. It was a comedy of errors that I didn't wanna go through again. They're passing the buck on this girl that gets the information. She’s supposed to call and schedule people. That’s her job. Why would she get something if it hadn't been issued there? When I call somebody, they should be able to come and fix it or get the part, and be preapproved. But the contractor was nice and that's rare as most of them aren't. The guy fixed and replaced the part. But there were a lot of mistakes made and I’m the one who suffered. So it is still up in the air whether I'm gonna continue with Liberty or not.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I'm renting my current townhome so I wanted to make sure that I have something to protect the equipment in there. Liberty had very good reviews. I applied and the process was nice, easy, and smooth. I filled up a form online then a representative called me based on that. The rep was great. The plan seemed good too.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Applying with Liberty was easy. I did it over the phone and my interactions with their rep were good. Price was the main reason I decided to get the warranty and when I was looking for complete coverage, I was satisfied with the plan I was offered. I'm also satisfied with Liberty so far.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I wanted coverage for my appliances and household furnishing, and found Liberty Home Guard's reps to be helpful and interested in what I was looking for. They were also able to give me comparison of prices and beat the competitor’s price. I applied over the phone and the process went smoothly. I've had the coverage since October and have had a couple of broken appliances.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I couldn’t not post a review on my experience after how well everything was handled. The technician was timely, all information about my claim was disclosed to me, and even though my dishwasher could have been repaired, they decided to move forward with a replacement since it was a 14 yr old appliance. Lol. Keep up the good work Liberty!

Original review: April 10, 2019

My garbage disposal quit on me one night while I was cleaning, the next day I had a plumber in my home who replaced it with the same exact model. Thanks for the help guys, awesome service. I can't thank you guys enough, my other company always finagled their way out of my claims.

Original review: April 10, 2019

When I call LHG there is always attentive and caring customer service agents to assist me. Even if I have a silly question, they never make me feel like my problems are too big or small to handle, someone is always on the other end of the phone 24.7.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I do tons of research before I spend my hard earned money on anything, across the internet LHG has the highest satisfaction ratings on sites like the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and Google as well. Most companies has below a C rating on the BBB while Liberty Home remains at an A rating with no complaints. It’s pretty clear LHG is the wise person's choice.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Liberty sent out Nick ** appliance repairs and the tech went above and beyond to get my fridge working. Excellent service, Efficient claims process, and all in a timely fashion. Thank you guys for all the help.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I didn’t have the coverage for my 2nd fridge in the garage, but the company still sent out one of their own technicians and even covered half the cost of the repair. I renewed my policy for another 3 years at a discount too. By far one of the best purchases I've made.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Liberty Home Guard has dedicated staff members for me personally.. I have never spoken to a million people or had to explain my story a million times over. I really feel like I know the customer reps, and they even know it’s me when I call. Always a friendly voice on the line.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I've been with LHG for the better part of two years now and not only am I pleased with their replacement policy, the customer service is well above par! After switching over from ** home warranty I can see now how this company differs from the rest. I highly recommend getting a home warranty plan with Liberty.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Everything this company does is with promptness, always timely, and friendly staff. They keep me updated on my claims and even gave me my settlement for replacement dryer within 2 days back to my card. Great first experience.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My real estate agent purchased this warranty for me upon closing. I knew nothing about the company but my agent said they use Liberty Home Guard for the majority of their houses. I can personally recommend this company after using their services on my electrical system. I told all my neighbors to give you guys a try, thanks a ton.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was really stressed when my clothes washer broke. I have a large family and needed it back online ASAP. Luckily Liberty was there and they had a repairman at my house the next day who fixed the issue.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I used to have a home warranty with a different company and I was not satisfied at all with how they perform service. I decided to try Liberty Home Guard and they were immediately different than the prior company. Professionals through and through!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Amazing company! During my last month of coverage LHG actually called me to remind me that I was entitled to one free carpet cleaning as part of my policy! No other home warranty company is proactive.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My heating broke last week. I was extremely worried as family funds were low and we live in a very cold area. Thank goodness my realtor got us a home warranty policy. Liberty Home Guard had an HVAC Technician over within the week and they covered the entire cost to replace our system.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I had a broken water heater before the start of my policy. Not only did I get a wholesale rate from Liberty Home Guard but they even gave me a $200 courtesy credit towards my next claim for going with a tankless environment-friendly replacement. Very forward thinking for a home warranty company.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The customer service rep helped me fix my TV over the phone which I could not get to turn on. Extremely patient and friendly. I felt as though he really cared about me and helping with my issue. Thank you LHG.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We were visiting our daughter at college when I received a call from our son that we had a leaky pipe, thank the Lord we were already members of Liberty Home Guard. They got us a technician, at 9 pm on a Wednesday, who was able to shut off our water and come back the next day to fix the issue.

Original review: March 1, 2019

As a realtor I’ve worked with many different home warranty companies. I started working with Liberty Home Guard last year and I couldn’t be happier my company made the switch. Not only is their partnerships team extremely helpful, innovative and professional, all my customers so far have had fantastic experiences with LHG.

Liberty Home Guard expert review by Michele Lerner

Protect the appliances and systems in your home with a home warranty plan starting at just $1 per day. Get total coverage for just $1.50 per day. Customize your plan with the add-ons you need, and don’t pay for the ones you don’t.

• Fast claims processing: Every claim is received and processed quickly and efficiently. Your call will always be addressed and handled in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.

• Option to use out of network contractor: Liberty Home Guard has a wide network of contractors, but if you decide to use one that’s out of network, you can opt to take cash instead of the service.

• Live updates: You’ll get live updates on the status of your service order once you submit a claim.

• Flexible pricing: Plans start as low as $1 per day, and you can add on additional coverage if you have things like a pool or second refrigerator.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information