Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Home Guard is one of the country’s fastest-growing and best-rated home warranty providers. They are fully licensed and accredited in all of the states they operate in, and have impeccable ratings across myriad consumer platforms, including Consumer Affairs and the BBB. Liberty Home Guard touts a 24/7 US-based customer service and claims departments, a network of over 10,000 highly-credentialed and licensed technicians who are typically dispatched within 24-hours, and is a powerful leader in the industry when it comes to covering claims.

Its policies stand out as covering more contents of your home than other providers, with easy-to-understand warranty options for those looking for full appliance coverage, systems coverage, or both. Liberty Home Guard offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with flexible payment options. Warranty coverage is only as good as the company behind it, and Liberty Home Guard stands out as a growing leader in the industry--which is why homeowners, renters, sellers, property managers, realtors and dozens of other categories across the nation have chosen to protect their properties with Liberty Home Guard.

View More View More

87 Liberty Home Guard Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I own a couple of homes and I wanted to make sure that I had a warranty for the appliances, the washer, and the dryer. Liberty Home Guard got back to me more quickly than the others, and their rate was comparable to what I budgeted. And when they confirmed the process of repairs, it was pretty easy. I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket should an appliance need to be replaced and they would replace it not with a refurbished product but with a new one. All of those sounded right to me and there was no reason for me to go with another company.

The enrollment process was easy and seamless. They asked me for an inventory of the appliances within each home that I was looking to cover and then the rate was adjusted based on what each home had and what each unit had. Then they came up with a price and sent it via email. And finally, there was a 30-day wait period for the warranty to be active.

I have since used them twice for service calls and they have been extremely professional, attentive and responsive. They followed up and called back to make sure that the vendor reached out to schedule the appointment. Both service calls were taken care of promptly and the vendors that they used have been satisfactory so far. There were some issues with the payment with the first vendor though. They asked my tenant for a credit card when that was something they shouldn’t have been asked because the service call fee was already paid for. Liberty said the vendor was new and wasn't aware of the payment process. There was a mixed up with that, but Liberty spoke to the service person while he was there and resolved it.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Eric was very helpful and patient with me as I asked him numerous questions about his company. I had experienced bad service with my previous warranty company the last three years so I was very skeptical about everything Eric was telling me. It just sounds too good to be true if this is a company that will help me to keep my home running smoothly without waiting months to get things fixed. Eric also worked with me to try to get the payments within my limited income. He was very helpful with everything in answering all my questions. Now let's hope I went with a good, honest and dependable warranty company! Time will tell!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Disclaimer - we JUST purchased and have not utilized this warranty yet, but will provide feedback once we do. This is solely in regards to our shopping around and purchase of a warranty. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional the sales rep was. I was up-front with him about our budget limitations and what we expected for coverage and cost and he worked to earn our business, matching as close as possible to the other coverages we'd be quoted. We ultimately selected Liberty because, although their coverage was slightly higher, their positive reviews were MUCH better.

Mr. Eric ** was our account rep. He was a bit pushy in making the sale (didn't want me to get off the phone or call him back), but he was patient, polite, and professional when I asked for him to verify his identity via email for secure payment and to send me a sample contract and hold while I reviewed coverages. Great rep - as long as you go in being knowledgeable about your min coverage and max price and then be firm with your rep, they'll work with you to provide the best coverage they can to give you an honest picture of what's possible.

I wouldn't recommend stepping into this conversation before you're ready or have shopped around a bit though. Mr. ** was a Birddog but he was able to decrease our rates because we're military in order to make the sale. We feel much more comfortable with what Liberty Home is able to offer in the way of accreditation and positive customer experiences for the price we're getting than we were with what Select Home Warranty was offering for almost the same price. We look forward to working with Mr. Thompson and his team at Liberty Home Guard in the future.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This weekend the pool heater went down, and of course my wife and kids refused to go swimming in the water because it went green. My wife and I agreed that it was time to purchase a home warranty, I jumped on Google and on the BBB. Liberty had the best rating. I ended getting in touch with them and I was really satisfied with their service and they were able to get a pool repairman out to my home in less than 24 hours and save me a ton of money. This Company is super reliable, and I hope to be with them for years to come.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Compared with other providers, Liberty Home Guard offered the best value for the cost. I went with them and the rep that I spoke with on the phone was a good salesman too. Every time I thought I had a great deal he would say, "Oh, but for this, just for a little more, you can get this. You can upgrade." So, he upgraded me a couple of times, but it was stuff I wanted, so I'm happy with it. I got a comprehensive package covering more than just appliances. The application which I did online was also very easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I was getting rid of my other warranty company and when I doing a search, Liberty Home Guard was in the top 5 as far as customer service goes. And as soon as I asked for some information, somebody from Liberty had called me. He was very friendly and helpful. Signing up was an easy experience. But I was surprised that they didn't ask for more information. The only thing they asked me was how old my home was.

There were errors in the contract though and we were back and forth for a week and a half. They took my money right away and I kept telling them that the start date was wrong. The warranty doesn’t need to start until November. They kept telling me that they were gonna send me a revised copy, but it took six emails until they got that right. However, getting in touch with them was no problem.

I’m very wary about home warranty companies, especially with the dealings I had with my last one. I was told I was gonna be covered from top to bottom, but when I had issues with my air conditioning in the middle of the summer, I went a month with no air. But I'm very pleased with the plan Liberty set me up with. And the coverage they’re gonna give me is gonna be fine if it is what they said it's going to be.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Eric was top notch. He help me with all the questions I had. Very knowledgeable and explained all the information. I would recommend him to help any new customers. I enjoyed working with him and would encourage him to be salesman of the week.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I learned about Liberty through ConsumerAffairs’ website and decided I would go with them because of their customer service. The brand representative was perfect, and the application process was easy. We've had one claim. I did it online and it was a little tricky. I didn’t know when I had sent it, like I wasn’t given a screen telling me that I was done. But overall, it was excellent.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Eric was wonderful to work with. He did everything possible to find a plan that would fit my budget and still give me the peace of mind that my home is covered for repairs that might arise. I feel that Liberty Guard has my back.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I googled a bunch of different companies, and Liberty Home had a good rating. I went with them because of the rating and the price. The application process was pretty easy and the rep was very nice. But submitting a claim was horrible. When my contract is up, I will not renew it. My air conditioner went out, and I live in Texas. It was running 100 degrees. It took them five days to get somebody out there. They never would return my calls. Every contact I had with them was me having to call them. And I kept getting promises and promises, they would call me back, they were trying to get something set up, someone would call me, and I would not hear a word.

So, we went five days in a 100-degree weather with no air conditioning. Then, when they finally got somebody out, it took him about 20 minutes to fix it. The contractor sent was wonderful. As a matter of fact, he was really busy but he still managed to make it out. I think he ended up coming at 6 o’clock that night. And he was very helpful and really nice. He was not the person that they had come out. When they finally got ahold of somebody, he was out that day. And that wasn’t the problem. The problem was I could not get Liberty to find somebody to even get out there. I kept getting the runaround. I had another warranty company with my last house, and I had them for over 10 years, and I absolutely love them. Twice, I had problems with my air conditioner in that 10 years, and they had someone in my house within two hours.

Liberty Home Guard expert review by Michele Lerner

Protect the appliances and systems in your home with a home warranty plan starting at just $1 per day. Get total coverage for just $1.50 per day. Customize your plan with the add-ons you need, and don’t pay for the ones you don’t.

• Fast claims processing: Every claim is received and processed quickly and efficiently. Your call will always be addressed and handled in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.

• Option to use out of network contractor: Liberty Home Guard has a wide network of contractors, but if you decide to use one that’s out of network, you can opt to take cash instead of the service.

• Live updates: You’ll get live updates on the status of your service order once you submit a claim.

• Flexible pricing: Plans start as low as $1 per day, and you can add on additional coverage if you have things like a pool or second refrigerator.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information