Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Home Guard is one of the country’s fastest-growing and best-rated home warranty providers. They are fully licensed and accredited in all of the states they operate in, and have impeccable ratings across myriad consumer platforms, including Consumer Affairs and the BBB. Liberty Home Guard touts a 24/7 US-based customer service and claims departments, a network of over 10,000 highly-credentialed and licensed technicians who are typically dispatched within 24-hours, and is a powerful leader in the industry when it comes to covering claims.

Its policies stand out as covering more contents of your home than other providers, with easy-to-understand warranty options for those looking for full appliance coverage, systems coverage, or both. Liberty Home Guard offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with flexible payment options. Warranty coverage is only as good as the company behind it, and Liberty Home Guard stands out as a growing leader in the industry--which is why homeowners, renters, sellers, property managers, realtors and dozens of other categories across the nation have chosen to protect their properties with Liberty Home Guard.

View More View More

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Liberty sent me spam and it should have gone to unsolicited mail. I clicked on it and it showed me the prices and what was covered. Then, I asked for a quote and another guy ended up immediately calling. It wasn’t five minutes and I had three phone calls from different people that had hit their screens. So, they were prompt and I had no problem at all. I did some research and I talked to somebody in New York a couple of different times. He wasn’t pushy and he worked and gave me the best offer. I'm really pleased with Liberty.

The ice maker went and Liberty sent a guy out. I was going out of town for a couple of days and he thought I was going out of town for three weeks. I had to call back and ask where the part was because Samsung sent the wrong part which Liberty immediately caught so they had to do it again but I had no problem with that. I didn’t pay anything to Liberty and when I was with American Home Shield, I would have a $75 charge every time besides my insurance. AHS sent a couple of guys out that I wouldn’t allow back at my house. When something is broken and you know that the individual will only come out to your house on Fridays which is convenient on his way home from work is not the type of service I want. When the garage spring broke, I asked the gal from AHS on the phone if it was covered and she said that they would have to send out a person. The guy charged me $75 to tell me that it was broken and it wasn’t covered, and I already knew that.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I own a couple of homes and I wanted to make sure that I had a warranty for the appliances, the washer, and the dryer. Liberty Home Guard got back to me more quickly than the others, and their rate was comparable to what I budgeted. And when they confirmed the process of repairs, it was pretty easy. I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket should an appliance need to be replaced and they would replace it not with a refurbished product but with a new one. All of those sounded right to me and there was no reason for me to go with another company.

The enrollment process was easy and seamless. They asked me for an inventory of the appliances within each home that I was looking to cover and then the rate was adjusted based on what each home had and what each unit had. Then they came up with a price and sent it via email. And finally, there was a 30-day wait period for the warranty to be active.

I have since used them twice for service calls and they have been extremely professional, attentive and responsive. They followed up and called back to make sure that the vendor reached out to schedule the appointment. Both service calls were taken care of promptly and the vendors that they used have been satisfactory so far. There were some issues with the payment with the first vendor though. They asked my tenant for a credit card when that was something they shouldn’t have been asked because the service call fee was already paid for. Liberty said the vendor was new and wasn't aware of the payment process. There was a mixed up with that, but Liberty spoke to the service person while he was there and resolved it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We were with another warranty company and we didn’t like their service. We started looking for another one and read reviews from Liberty Home Guard's current customers, how the warranty has been done and what Liberty has provided to them. The reviews were all pretty much 4 and 5 stars. There were one or two bad reviews, but I think those were just unpleasable individuals.

Liberty's enrollment process was fast, easy and informative. We have our own special specific team assigned to us. We felt more like a customer than a number. Plus, I have someone I can talk to that speaks English very well instead of someone that sounds like they're 2,000 miles away and does not understand what I'm telling them. Thus far, I'm pretty satisfied with the package I signed up with.

However, the initial contractor assigned to me for my claim was extremely unprofessional. Supposedly, he wanted to come straight out to my home to fix the refrigerator right away without calling Liberty first. He didn't want to tell Liberty what was wrong and having them approve or not approve the parts to be fixed. When he found out, he called me and yelled and cursed over the phone. I told him to get off my phone and that I didn't need him to call me anymore. He called three more times and I hung up on him each time. He even had his wife call my phone and I hung up on her.

I kept calling my Liberty team member back and told them that the contractor was bugging me. I said that I'm a law enforcement officer and if the contractor didn't stop, I was going to take legal action on them. I gave Liberty the opportunity to fix the problem and they did. They cancelled the contractor and got Advanced Repair to come out and fix my refrigerator. Advanced Repair was great. They were very nice and courteous which is the way a contractor should be with a homeowner. They worked with us really well. I would highly recommend Liberty to any family and friend. They are a friendly, informative, upfront, and honest team that you could work with. They are miles above American Home Warranty who we had prior.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I had a home warranty, which I was not happy with. I was coming up on renewal and decided that I would look for other options to cover my home. After talking with four different companies, I chose Liberty. They had a similar coverage to the one I had and worked with the budget that I needed. Signing up was very simple. I filled out a simple questionnaire online and had a sales rep call me. Then we did most of the process over the phone and the rest of was done over emails for signature and payment. They answered all the questions I had and were fairly timely. The whole process took three days once I had established and got information about their plan. Moreover, I'm very satisfied with the plan option I was offered.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Disclaimer - we JUST purchased and have not utilized this warranty yet, but will provide feedback once we do. This is solely in regards to our shopping around and purchase of a warranty. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional the sales rep was. I was up-front with him about our budget limitations and what we expected for coverage and cost and he worked to earn our business, matching as close as possible to the other coverages we'd be quoted. We ultimately selected Liberty because, although their coverage was slightly higher, their positive reviews were MUCH better.

Mr. Eric ** was our account rep. He was a bit pushy in making the sale (didn't want me to get off the phone or call him back), but he was patient, polite, and professional when I asked for him to verify his identity via email for secure payment and to send me a sample contract and hold while I reviewed coverages. Great rep - as long as you go in being knowledgeable about your min coverage and max price and then be firm with your rep, they'll work with you to provide the best coverage they can to give you an honest picture of what's possible.

I wouldn't recommend stepping into this conversation before you're ready or have shopped around a bit though. Mr. ** was a Birddog but he was able to decrease our rates because we're military in order to make the sale. We feel much more comfortable with what Liberty Home is able to offer in the way of accreditation and positive customer experiences for the price we're getting than we were with what Select Home Warranty was offering for almost the same price. We look forward to working with Mr. Thompson and his team at Liberty Home Guard in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Put in an inquiry and received a call in minutes. Friendly and clear pricing details. I do not know any other details as I have not had the policy. I am simply reviewing the policy sign up process. Thanks again for the assistance.

Liberty Home Guard response
Thank you, Thomas, for your kind words.

Looking forward to servicing you in the future should you ever need it!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Eric serviced my needs as a responsive, straightforward, respectful professional. I spoke with other reps from your company, and prefer working with him. He delivered good value, answered my questions and requests promptly, and I was happy with the outcome.

Liberty Home Guard response

Thank you so much, David! We greatly appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We bought a maintenance program from Liberty Home Guard for our house. It went well so far. We’re looking to sell our house, and we wanted to offer a year’s insurance on the appliances. After I spoke to them on the phone, they sent me the plan via email right away. They’re not going to charge me until I call them to give them the name of the person that buys the house, and it starts on the day that the house is sold. The plan options offered were very reasonable. I was quoted a higher price by somebody else, so it’s very reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

LHG did a great job in fixing my garage door, they did their job through: 1. Schedule a contractor to look/fix my garage door, 2. Track the time and call to make sure contractor arrive home, 3. Schedule a technician as stand-by if contractor does not show up. I am very happy with their work, I live in South Windsor, Connecticut.

Liberty Home Guard response

We are very happy to hear your positive feedback Haider. Your input directly improves our business. We will do everything in our power to provide you with the best service possible, always.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We moved into our house in May, purchased a home warranty policy, as our realtor recommended, with of course no intent on having to use it. Unfortunately a part in our furnace went bad so we had to submit a claim. They came back to us and said that it was a preexisting condition and unless we could get maintenance logs from the previous owners (which we have no contact with) it would not be covered. Having no previous maintenance records on the unit, we showed them the inspection report from when we bought the home which said the furnace was in good working order and the duct cleaning that we had when we moved in and they were still not willing to work with us.

My father then called Liberty Home Guard to inquire about a new policy and specifically asked them about the elimination period for preexisting conditions, to which they said was only 30 days - the same information they told me when I signed up for the policy. They however, claimed this was not the case and denied the claim. That being the case we cancelled our policy as we no longer trust them to pay out on anything ever, without claiming it was a preexisting condition. Such a scam so please beware before you sign up and waste your money!

Liberty Home Guard expert review by Michele Lerner

Protect the appliances and systems in your home with a home warranty plan starting at just $1 per day. Get total coverage for just $1.50 per day. Customize your plan with the add-ons you need, and don’t pay for the ones you don’t.

• Fast claims processing: Every claim is received and processed quickly and efficiently. Your call will always be addressed and handled in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.

• Option to use out of network contractor: Liberty Home Guard has a wide network of contractors, but if you decide to use one that’s out of network, you can opt to take cash instead of the service.

• Live updates: You’ll get live updates on the status of your service order once you submit a claim.

• Flexible pricing: Plans start as low as $1 per day, and you can add on additional coverage if you have things like a pool or second refrigerator.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information