2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.31/5

Liberty Home Guard offers three warranty plans with optional add-ons. Basic plans start at around $1 a day, and comprehensive coverage begins at $1.50 a day. The company writes its policies directly with an in-house underwriting team. Customers can view policies and make payments through Liberty Home Guard’s online portal, and those who cancel within the first 30 days receive a full refund. The company is fully licensed and accredited in all of the states it operates in, and its claims department is open 24/7. Liberty Home Guard has a network of more than 10,000 licensed technicians.

BOTTOM LINE

Although most of Liberty Home Guard's plans are more than the advertised $1 a day, there are still budget-friendly options. Liberty Home Guard is a good choice for consumers new to home warranties.

PROS

• Straightforward plans
  • Convenient customer portal
  • Affordable options

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Liberty Home Guard Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

My real estate agent purchased this warranty for me upon closing ... my agent said they use Liberty Home Guard for the majority of their houses. I can personally recommend this company after using their services on my electrical system. I told all my neighbors to give you guys a try, thanks a ton.

The sales rep Alex that signed me up was very informative and transparent. ... The other companies I spoke with just “yessed” me to death and told me everything would be covered. ... I went with Liberty because not only were their reviews above par, the sales rep was really knowledgeable.

Liberty Home Guard Call Now Toll Free (646) 453-6807 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

What is Liberty Home Guard?

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty company with three plan options: One plan covers appliances, one covers systems and a third plan covers both systems and appliances. Liberty Home Guard is available in 40 states and Washington, D.C., and has 24/7 customer service and claims departments. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on home warranty contracts.

Liberty Home Guard does not serve customers in California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, New Hampshire, Oregon, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming.

Liberty Home Guard plans

Liberty Home Guard has three main plans: Appliance Guard, Systems Guard and Total Home Guard. Liberty Home Guard's warranties require a one-year contract.

Appliance Guard Plan
The Appliance Guard Plan covers the following:
  • Garbage disposal
  • Built-in microwave oven
  • Range, oven and cooktop
  • Clothes washer and dryer
  • Refrigerator with ice maker and dispenser
  • Ceiling and exhaust fan
  • Air conditioning
  • Plumbing
  • Water heater
Total Home Guard Plan
The Total Home Guard Plan covers everything in both the Appliance Guard Plan and Systems Guard Plan.
Additional coverage
  • Sump pump
  • Additional spa
  • Well pump

Liberty Home Guard costs

Although Liberty Home Guard plans start at just $1 a day, most Liberty Home Guard plans cost, on average, between $400 and $600 a year. The most affordable plans in cheaper regions of the country cost as little as $350 a year, while more comprehensive plans cost as little as $550. A typical standard service fee, which you pay for each repair, is $60. The best way to get an exact price for a home warranty is to request a quote from the company, as pricing depends on the plan, additional options and your home's size and location.

Liberty Home Guard FAQ

Does Liberty Home Guard require a home inspection?
No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t require a home inspection for home warranty customers. LHG also doesn’t require maintenance records.
Does Liberty Home Guard let me use my own contractor?
Sometimes, but the company suggests using one of its own contractors for quick repairs.
Does Liberty Home Guard have an age limit on what it will cover?
No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t have an age limit for covered homes, systems or appliances.
How long is Liberty Home Guard’s workmanship guarantee?
Liberty Home Guard has a 60-day workmanship guarantee. If an issue arises within 60 days after a repair, the company sends an expert to fix the problem at no charge.

Is Liberty Home Guard worth it?

Liberty Home Guard is worth it for most homeowners. First-time homebuyers appreciate the straightforward nature of the plans, their affordability and the convenience of not needing a home inspection. Several consumer reviews describe the ease of working with LHG. Most plans are more expensive than $1 a day, but they are still largely affordable.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: June 27, 2020

My Liberty Home Guard package is okay. It’s a good company and I haven’t had any problems with them.

Liberty Home Guard response

Thank you for your kind words and a great rating! We are glad you chose us as your home warranty experts.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

The contractor who came for my plumbing claim was good and was able to fix my issue.

Liberty Home Guard response

Thank you for the kind words and the great rating!

Original review: June 14, 2020

It took me two months to get to this point (on my outdoor spa repair). It is still not fixed. I have an issue with spa heater (I paid for the extra coverage) and they literally labored for two weeks to find a loophole to not cover the repairs. They Diagnostics said they heater was broken and one of the symptoms was water leaking. Every time my technician checked in with them, they had another reason to not pay. They sound good on the phone, and talked me into dropping my old coverage, but getting them to set up appointments, follow up with the contractor, and get repairs done, was a horrible experience. I am going back to my previous home warranty program as soon as possible.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Having a home warranty has been helpful in the past years when we’ve had other homes and we wanted to cover whatever we could cover with the best possible company. We were looking for general coverage of equipment and material, like refrigerators and dishwashers. So far, our experience with Liberty Home Guard has been excellent.

Liberty Home Guard response

Dennis, thank you for the kind words and the great rating! We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was happy with the coverage that I got from Liberty Home Guard. Their rep explained to me the way it would work. I got a copay for 50 something bucks if I'd need to get something fixed. One thing I don’t have that I want right now is coverage on some type of grinder thing for my sewage to go through. The rep had told me that I could always call back and add that on. Also, I had to call them back because they overcharged me. They had told me it’d be about three to four business days to get my money back, but I actually got it back the next day. In general, I'm happy with speaking to their customer service.

Liberty Home Guard response

Timothy, thank you for leaving your kind words and a great rating!

Original review: May 13, 2020

I did a Google search on best home warranty companies and providers and Liberty Home Guard was in the top three. So, I called them for a quote. The application process was fairly easy. The coverage seemed fairly standard compared to what the other one I had previously worked with was. Our AC unit failed, and so I called them. They dispatched an AC certified technician company and they came out here and had it fixed within three days. They were Bona certified. They were a legitimate AC company, so they work with folks that had the qualifications, at least, so far that I've seen. I've actually called them four times since we moved in. We had some issues with the house and each time, it’s been a certified provider that came in.

When I first got Liberty, they seemed a little reluctant to dispatch someone. My second service call was a plumbing issue and they asked me to provide them a written statement saying that when I had bought the house, this issue wasn’t preexisting. It was kind of an unusual thing to have happened because I just bought the policy. It was six weeks in and there was a period of time where you wait before you’re allowed to make a call, which is fine. I called them. I thought it was a normal service call. It was a plumbing issue, and they had me fill out this long document. They wanted me to prove that this issue wasn’t preexisting when I had set the policy up.

It couldn’t have been. I didn’t own the house yet. I told them, "I could send to you the home inspection if you’d like to do it that way,” which showed that I have no knowledge of the issue because we had the home inspected. They said, “No, we just need this filled out.” So, I filled it out and I sent it to them. After that, they called me back and dispatched somebody to rectify the issue. But I’m sure in that industry, it’s difficult to ascertain. Some folks probably do try to take advantage. I’m not one of those people, but that can happen.

One of the dispatched companies that came here explained to me that they tend to find ways not to provide service versus providing service. They work with all the home warranty companies. The gentleman actually said, “Well, we’re gonna fix this for you. And normally, this would be covered under home warranty, but sometimes, your specific provider doesn’t say it is.” I asked how could that be. It was a pretty basic thing. They said, “Well, we just have to word it very carefully on the claim after the fact. Otherwise, they might not honor it. Well, just don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine, but you just wanna be mindful of them in the future.”

For $3,000, I bought a five-year policy with this company. So, I’m hoping that what that individual shared with me is not true. That was a little disheartening. But each time I’ve had an issue, they have gotten back to me and they have dispatched a service provider as the home warranty provides for, which is why I purchased it. But there are some oddities about it. When you call them, sometimes it goes through an answering service, and then the answering service will tell you that someone will call back. They may call back for a day. They claimed to have a website to put your claims in there, which should be far superior to calling, and it would offer tracking and everything else, but that doesn’t exist either, even though there is this thing that makes it look like you can, but you really can’t. So, it’s kind of weird.

The one I used to have, when I call, somebody answered every time, and they took copious notes. I was allowed to answer things online and track it there. There was a lot more accountability and trackability. I can tell that Liberty is young and new, and I can kinda tell that when I speak to their folks. They're sorta getting used to their own systems. They could be really good. They just need to mature a little bit. But other than that, they solved the problems within a reasonable amount of time.

Liberty Home Guard response

Gregory, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! We are always happy to work with any and all customers to make sure the service is beneficial and up to standards. Our customer service portal was under maintenance in order to make it more customer friendly, and it is now up and running. In order to access your account please go on www.libertyhomeguard.com/customer-login/ and click on reset password. If you may need any assistance, please contact our customer service department and one of our wonderful claims specialists will be able to assist you. Once again, thank you for the kind and honest feedback. We are looking forward to providing you with excellent service in all your system and appliance needs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I followed the link on a posting from Consumer Affairs and it took me to Liberty.Then they contacted me within minutes after I clicked on a few links. Looking at their coverage on their website, they seemed like a good deal. They also offered me a five-year plan for a very good rate, so I opted for that. Their customer service when I was going through the application process was very easy. My experience was excellent. The gentleman I talked to was not pushy. He answered all my questions. And then he asked a couple of questions that caught me off-guard. He said that they have discounts for both veterans and those who were in public service, and they applied those to the plan I selected. He kept finding ways to make it a little more affordable for me. So, I paid for the five-year plan upfront knowing that if I ever get unhappy, I can get a prorated refund, which was important.

My house is 12 years old and things may start to go apart. I have my HVAC checked twice a year by the same company and they’ve done it since the day I moved in -- once in the beginning of the summer, and once in the fall when the heater is going to get used. I have washers and dryers that I’ve changed belts and motors and things like that. I take care of my equipment very well. But I’m getting up there in years and right now I have a broken leg from a severe motorcycle accident. So, if something happened to any of my equipment, there is nothing I could do. So, Liberty seemed to be a good fit for me. If there is an issue, they either come and fix it, or give you money to replace a unit, which I thought was handy. When I read the contract, however, there are a lot of exceptions that I’m not thrilled with, as well. But, overall, I'd definitely give them a try. If their plan fits your needs, they would be my choice.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I own a couple of homes and I wanted to make sure that I had a warranty for the appliances, the washer, and the dryer. Liberty Home Guard got back to me more quickly than the others, and their rate was comparable to what I budgeted. And when they confirmed the process of repairs, it was pretty easy. I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket should an appliance need to be replaced and they would replace it not with a refurbished product but with a new one. All of those sounded right to me and there was no reason for me to go with another company.

The enrollment process was easy and seamless. They asked me for an inventory of the appliances within each home that I was looking to cover and then the rate was adjusted based on what each home had and what each unit had. Then they came up with a price and sent it via email. And finally, there was a 30-day wait period for the warranty to be active.

I have since used them twice for service calls and they have been extremely professional, attentive and responsive. They followed up and called back to make sure that the vendor reached out to schedule the appointment. Both service calls were taken care of promptly and the vendors that they used have been satisfactory so far. There were some issues with the payment with the first vendor though. They asked my tenant for a credit card when that was something they shouldn’t have been asked because the service call fee was already paid for. Liberty said the vendor was new and wasn't aware of the payment process. There was a mixed up with that, but Liberty spoke to the service person while he was there and resolved it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We were with another warranty company and we didn’t like their service. We started looking for another one and read reviews from Liberty Home Guard's current customers, how the warranty has been done and what Liberty has provided to them. The reviews were all pretty much 4 and 5 stars. There were one or two bad reviews, but I think those were just unpleasable individuals.

Liberty's enrollment process was fast, easy and informative. We have our own special specific team assigned to us. We felt more like a customer than a number. Plus, I have someone I can talk to that speaks English very well instead of someone that sounds like they're 2,000 miles away and does not understand what I'm telling them. Thus far, I'm pretty satisfied with the package I signed up with.

However, the initial contractor assigned to me for my claim was extremely unprofessional. Supposedly, he wanted to come straight out to my home to fix the refrigerator right away without calling Liberty first. He didn't want to tell Liberty what was wrong and having them approve or not approve the parts to be fixed. When he found out, he called me and yelled and cursed over the phone. I told him to get off my phone and that I didn't need him to call me anymore. He called three more times and I hung up on him each time. He even had his wife call my phone and I hung up on her.

I kept calling my Liberty team member back and told them that the contractor was bugging me. I said that I'm a law enforcement officer and if the contractor didn't stop, I was going to take legal action on them. I gave Liberty the opportunity to fix the problem and they did. They cancelled the contractor and got Advanced Repair to come out and fix my refrigerator. Advanced Repair was great. They were very nice and courteous which is the way a contractor should be with a homeowner. They worked with us really well. I would highly recommend Liberty to any family and friend. They are a friendly, informative, upfront, and honest team that you could work with. They are miles above American Home Warranty who we had prior.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Disclaimer - we JUST purchased and have not utilized this warranty yet, but will provide feedback once we do. This is solely in regards to our shopping around and purchase of a warranty. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional the sales rep was. I was up-front with him about our budget limitations and what we expected for coverage and cost and he worked to earn our business, matching as close as possible to the other coverages we'd be quoted. We ultimately selected Liberty because, although their coverage was slightly higher, their positive reviews were MUCH better.

Mr. Eric ** was our account rep. He was a bit pushy in making the sale (didn't want me to get off the phone or call him back), but he was patient, polite, and professional when I asked for him to verify his identity via email for secure payment and to send me a sample contract and hold while I reviewed coverages. Great rep - as long as you go in being knowledgeable about your min coverage and max price and then be firm with your rep, they'll work with you to provide the best coverage they can to give you an honest picture of what's possible.

I wouldn't recommend stepping into this conversation before you're ready or have shopped around a bit though. Mr. ** was a Birddog but he was able to decrease our rates because we're military in order to make the sale. We feel much more comfortable with what Liberty Home is able to offer in the way of accreditation and positive customer experiences for the price we're getting than we were with what Select Home Warranty was offering for almost the same price. We look forward to working with Mr. Thompson and his team at Liberty Home Guard in the future.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information