4.1/5 (174 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Liberty Home Guard

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty company with flexible plans and optional add-on coverage. Customers can file claims, view claim status, renew and upgrade policies and update payment information using Liberty Home Guard’s online portal. Repairs come with a 60-day warranty. Plans are available in 45 states plus Washington, D.C.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Straightforward plans
    • Convenient customer portal
    • Affordable options
    • Flexible contract terms

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • Some report claim denials

Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard has a vast network of licensed technicians. Contracts have some limitations, but there’s no limit to the number of repairs or replacements. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Top Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Love that they are cheap, that they include already diagnosed issues and offered discounts for multiple years to include free roof repairs. They also offered free waived copays fo...

Verified

Liberty Home Guard really came through this time just like they have before. I've had to make several claims over the years, and they have consistently come through helping me out...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Liberty Home Guard plans

Liberty Home Guard offers three home warranty plans. One plan covers appliances, one covers systems and the third covers both systems and appliances. You can purchase a month-to-month, annual or multiyear policy. New customers can start requesting service after 30 or 60 days, depending on the contract terms. You can purchase these plans regardless of the age of your systems and appliances; no home inspection is required.

Systems Guard plan

The Systems Guard plan protects some of the most important systems in your home:

• Air conditioning

• Electrical
    • Water heaters
    • Garbage disposals
    Additional coverage

Some of the available add-on coverage options from LHG include:

• Limited roof leak
    • Central vacuum
    • Lighting fixtures
    • Plumbing fixtures

Liberty Home Guard cost

Liberty Home Guard plans start at around $64.99 per month. Comprehensive coverage costs a little more, averaging around $69.99 per month. The standard service fee, which you pay each time you make a claim, is $125.

The best way to get an exact price for a home warranty is to request a quote from the company, as pricing depends on the plan, any add-ons you choose and your home's size and location.

Liberty Home Guard FAQ

Where is Liberty Home Guard available?

The company currently offers plans in all states except California, Illinois, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Does Liberty Home Guard require a home inspection?

No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t require a home inspection in order for you to purchase a home warranty. LHG also doesn’t require maintenance records.

Does Liberty Home Guard let me use my own contractor?

Sometimes, but the company suggests using one of its own contractors for repairs.

Does Liberty Home Guard have an age limit on what it will cover?

No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t have an age limit for covered systems or appliances.

How long is Liberty Home Guard’s workmanship guarantee?

Liberty Home Guard has a 60-day workmanship guarantee. If an issue arises within 60 days after a repair, the company sends a contractor to fix the problem at no extra charge.

What is Liberty Home Guard’s cancellation policy?

You can cancel at any time. If you cancel within 30 days of enrolling, Liberty Home Guard provides a refund, minus any claims paid. After 30 days, you can still cancel and get a prorated refund. LHG charges a “small administrative overhead fee” for all cancellations.

Is Liberty Home Guard worth it?

Liberty Home Guard is worth it for some homeowners. First-time homebuyers appreciate the straightforward nature of the plans, the affordability and the convenience of no home inspection requirements. Several reviews describe the ease of working with the company, and we like that it lets you make a claim 24/7 online or by phone, shows your claim status online and backs repairs with a 60-day workmanship warranty.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: July 29, 2022

I bought five policies from Liberty. As far as their service, they are worlds ahead of our former company. When I made my first claim online with Liberty, I was surprised because they immediately sent an email to confirm some stuff. Then I got a phone call from a gal and I didn't answer it because I thought it was a spam call. So she left a message and that she would send me an email, which she did. When I had a question for her, she took care of it. I never had customer service like that.

When I put in a service call for one of my condos because the washing machine wasn't working, I waited 48 hours and thought, "Well, am I supposed to be contacting them?" So I called the company, and they said, "No, you have to make your appointment through Liberty." There was a lot of miscommunication. So it took a while, but they did finally get there, and they did a good job.

I made my second claim for my own house. We have a plumbing issue in one of the bathtubs. I put the claim in on a Saturday, so I knew the weekend probably wouldn't count. But I haven't heard anything and they haven't even assigned anybody. So I sent a note asking what was going on. This wasn't an emergency because we have three bathrooms. So I waited and they said, "Oh, we'll push it through for you." Customer service did a good job. Within a few hours, I got the email saying that someone has been assigned as our plumber.

I waited till almost closing time and I called the contractor. The person said, "Oh, I can't even find your claim number. We can't make an appointment till we get the information from your company." So I reached out to Liberty and they said they already sent it. But it was like they were talking to the plumber and I was talking to the receptionist person. They finally got the plumber and he was supposed to come last Thursday. He called the day before and said something with their technicians and they pushed it off till today. They called yesterday to confirm and luckily, they did push it, but they pushed the hours. So it's gonna be really late in the day. Overall, the people that Liberty gets aren't really responsive, but Liberty itself has been really good so far.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Liberty Home Guard is an exceptional company. The application for the home warranty was really easy. The representative was extremely friendly and answered any questions that I had regarding the home warranty. He was the one that also informed me of the option of having a five-year warranty. The technicians that they have contracts with, so far have been extremely friendly and professional.

Three weeks ago, my garbage disposal went out. I put in the order and they processed the order and I got a new garbage disposal within two days. The guy that was coming out to install it called me to let me know who he was and gave me his phone number. I told him that they had to order the garbage disposal. He said as soon as they get them, that I should get a call from Lowe's because that was who they had this order through. When it came in, I got a phone call from Lowe's saying that the garbage disposal was in. I called the technician. He was out that afternoon and did the install. He was very friendly and professional. He let me know exactly when to expect him. In fact, he had cut one of the other installs. It didn't take as long as he thought so he got to my work faster than he had anticipated. It took about 30 minutes and it was done.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I've had the two claims with Liberty. They've taken care of both claims. They don't cover as much as my other warranty company. But it's half the price. You also have to pay when they come. But their process was very easy. The claim that I had at my house, I paid my $70 for them to come. The company found the leak and painted it with some white stuff. They’re supposed to come back and paint the wall of where the damage was. But they never came back. They charged me three times for doing the work. I already paid Liberty Home Guard. I had to call my charge card and have them take them off my charge card. I was going back and forth for over two months, where they were charging me for a service when I already paid Liberty Home Guard.

Now, in the meantime, I noticed that my fireplace wasn't working. I called Liberty. It wasn't under my plan. Needed to be fixed, so since that company was already in my house, they checked out the fireplace. They knew what I needed. They ordered a fireplace. But because I had so many billing problems with them, because they kept telling me that it was a billing problem, I used a different charge card to pay for the fireplace. I called in January to get everything settled. They were on vacation and couldn't come. Called again mid-January, left a text message several times. Today, I said I gotta call them. I looked up, I had the number on my phone, and it's been disconnected. I went back to my charge card to get their number again and that number’s been disconnected. It's not Liberty. But this company is not so good.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

My furnace wouldn't stay lit. We knew right when we woke up that morning something was wrong and I called Liberty. By 7:30 that morning, they had somebody out. By 8:00, it was fixed. My furnace claim was excellent. But with my last claim, it was the complete opposite of how my furnace went. I called in for my refrigerator a week ago. They took my $65. I got my email from them, never heard anything. Three days later, I called them. I said, "You guys are supposed to have someone here in 48 hours." They said, "We'll get on it right away." Later on that day then, I had somebody saying that they could come out. That was on a Friday afternoon. But, he didn't come till today.

The tech looked at it and told me, "Liberty doesn't open till 10:00 to authorize this. I'm gonna leave." I said, "I took off this morning so you could fix my fridge." He said nothing he could do. So, I called Liberty and after about five minutes on hold, I talked to the authorized department. He said, "No, that's not right." I gave him the number to the technician that had just left and Liberty called him and got him back out here. But when Liberty works, it works excellent and it's very easy. I've been telling everybody they should get Liberty. When you live in an older home, it's a no-brainer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

As soon as I hit the button on the internet, my phone rang. But the guy was very nice. And he answered my questions. He answered some of my questions before I asked him. So, he did a good job. I have a maintenance agreement on my heating and air conditioning. And plumbing because the house is 30 plus years old. I've lived in it since 1988. But mostly, my appliances, which I purchased new back in 2011. But I retired after that. And then my husband became ill and was forced to go into retirement early. And none of the appliances have had the maintenance that I would have liked to have done, once a year, get them checked up and done. So, I felt like I was asking for it if I didn't do something.

My washing machine, I don't like it. When I set it off, if there's water in it, even though you set it off, you can even pull the plug from the wall, and it will still empty. It will still pump the water out. So if you've got a clogged drain and you don't want that machine empty, it's going to empty and that clogged drain is going to flow all over the place. And what I wound up having to do was climb up on top of the washing machine and open a window and put the hose out the window. If Liberty Home hadn't had the appliances, I wouldn't have went for that. Because it's another step I didn't feel like I needed. But it was mostly the appliances I was concerned about.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I talked to a gentleman when I signed up with Liberty Home Guard and he was very cordial, nice, responsive and helpful. He walked me through everything that I needed to do. Up till now, everything's been good, so I can't complain.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

This company pays for nothing! They will find any excuse to not pay! And are very slow to respond. I waited one month this summer with no A/C, then they only covered approx 300 dollars out of a 1500 dollar bill. They will not pay for my pool pump, they said it was too old, despite the fact that I took a specific additional rider, as per the sales agent. It was 1 year old and still under warranty, all they needed to pay for was labor!!! They would not pay for my freezer repair, again I took a specific rider, as per the sales agent.

Now they will not pay for my washer/dryer repair but are offering $300 dollars due to their age, I have the receipt from 2018 for them. They will send me a new garbage disposal, but will not cover installation! And took my expensive 100 service fee, even though they did not even send out a repair person. They waited over 30 days, because the repair person that came here ghosted us both!!! Just a total waste of money. I have finally spoke to DEREK today who admitted that it is a parts warranty! What the heck?? They also charge a 100 fee if they send a repair person or not!!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

My warranty was a lifesaver this summer. I actually bought it in November 2021 but had not used it once until May. In May I had a refrigerator claim that went smoothly but the reason I’m writing this review is because of how well Liberty handled the situation when my Air Conditioning system broke down in 100+ degree heat. They were able to get a contractor out to my house the next morning. Even though it was a big job, which took him about 4 hours, he had all the parts he needed to get the job done. All in, it only cost me my deductible of $100 also. The AC has been working perfectly fine since. I’m really impressed with them as I’ve heard such bad things about home warranty companies taking weeks for even simple claims. Hopefully they continue to provide this level of service.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Our air conditioner's problem appeared to be due to something wrong with the breaker box. We called Liberty Home Guard and an agent answered in just 30 seconds. The agent Jason actually tapped his manager Ryan to get on so that they could try to best diagnose the issue remotely. After about 15 minutes of going through what we’re dealing with and seeing Ryan let us know that there was actually a repairman in the area and they may be able to reroute him to our house in the next hour. We acquiesced and 45 minutes later an AC repairman was at our house. He was already informed about our issue and was able to make the repair in 45 minutes. We are incredibly grateful to Ryan, Jason, and the repairman (my apologies I forget his name), for all the hard work they did as the heat was brutal so the quick service was so important and helpful to us.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They are really a wonderful company to work with. They’re constantly rolling out new features and they’ve been truly ready to help any time we needed it. For example, I called in because my son put a toy in our dishwasher which broke it. I told the rep that I knew that was covered but I was hoping they would still help me find a repairman. Not only did they say they were willing to find a repairman, they also said they would likely issue a courtesy reimbursement for the claim, even though it was not covered! When it was all said and done, the repair work cost $350 and Liberty Home Guard covered $200 of it. They always make sure you understand the process and are always polite and courteous. The Total Home Guard Plan saved us tons of money over the last four years. I definitely recommend LHG to all!

Liberty Home Guard Company Information