4.3/5 (158 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Liberty Home Guard

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty company with flexible plans and optional add-on coverage. Customers can file claims, view claim status, renew and upgrade policies and update payment information using Liberty Home Guard’s online portal. Repairs come with a 60-day warranty. Plans are available in 45 states plus Washington, D.C.

Pros

• Straightforward plans
    • Convenient customer portal
    • Affordable options
    • Flexible contract terms

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • Some report claim denials

Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard has a vast network of licensed technicians. Contracts have some limitations, but there’s no limit to the number of repairs or replacements. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Top Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Love that they are cheap, that they include already diagnosed issues and offered discounts for multiple years to include free roof repairs. They also offered free waived copays fo...

Verified

Liberty Home Guard really came through this time just like they have before. I've had to make several claims over the years, and they have consistently come through helping me out...

Liberty Home Guard plans

Liberty Home Guard offers three home warranty plans. One plan covers appliances, one covers systems and the third covers both systems and appliances. You can purchase a month-to-month, annual or multiyear policy. New customers can start requesting service after 30 or 60 days, depending on the contract terms. You can purchase these plans regardless of the age of your systems and appliances; no home inspection is required.

Systems Guard plan

The Systems Guard plan protects some of the most important systems in your home:

• Air conditioning

• Electrical
    • Water heaters
    • Garbage disposals
    Additional coverage

Some of the available add-on coverage options from LHG include:

• Limited roof leak
    • Central vacuum
    • Lighting fixtures
    • Plumbing fixtures

Liberty Home Guard cost

Liberty Home Guard plans start at around $64.99 per month. Comprehensive coverage costs a little more, averaging around $69.99 per month. The standard service fee, which you pay each time you make a claim, is $125.

The best way to get an exact price for a home warranty is to request a quote from the company, as pricing depends on the plan, any add-ons you choose and your home's size and location.

Liberty Home Guard FAQ

Where is Liberty Home Guard available?
    The company currently offers plans in all states except California, Illinois, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
    Does Liberty Home Guard require a home inspection?
    No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t require a home inspection in order for you to purchase a home warranty. LHG also doesn’t require maintenance records.
    Does Liberty Home Guard let me use my own contractor?
    Sometimes, but the company suggests using one of its own contractors for repairs.
    Does Liberty Home Guard have an age limit on what it will cover?
    No, Liberty Home Guard doesn’t have an age limit for covered systems or appliances.
    How long is Liberty Home Guard’s workmanship guarantee?
    Liberty Home Guard has a 60-day workmanship guarantee. If an issue arises within 60 days after a repair, the company sends a contractor to fix the problem at no extra charge.
    What is Liberty Home Guard’s cancellation policy?
    You can cancel at any time. If you cancel within 30 days of enrolling, Liberty Home Guard provides a refund, minus any claims paid. After 30 days, you can still cancel and get a prorated refund. LHG charges a “small administrative overhead fee” for all cancellations.

Is Liberty Home Guard worth it?

Liberty Home Guard is worth it for some homeowners. First-time homebuyers appreciate the straightforward nature of the plans, the affordability and the convenience of no home inspection requirements. Several reviews describe the ease of working with the company, and we like that it lets you make a claim 24/7 online or by phone, shows your claim status online and backs repairs with a 60-day workmanship warranty.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: March 1, 2022

I've had the two claims with Liberty. They've taken care of both claims. They don't cover as much as my other warranty company. But it's half the price. You also have to pay when they come. But their process was very easy. The claim that I had at my house, I paid my $70 for them to come. The company found the leak and painted it with some white stuff. They’re supposed to come back and paint the wall of where the damage was. But they never came back. They charged me three times for doing the work. I already paid Liberty Home Guard. I had to call my charge card and have them take them off my charge card. I was going back and forth for over two months, where they were charging me for a service when I already paid Liberty Home Guard.

Now, in the meantime, I noticed that my fireplace wasn't working. I called Liberty. It wasn't under my plan. Needed to be fixed, so since that company was already in my house, they checked out the fireplace. They knew what I needed. They ordered a fireplace. But because I had so many billing problems with them, because they kept telling me that it was a billing problem, I used a different charge card to pay for the fireplace. I called in January to get everything settled. They were on vacation and couldn't come. Called again mid-January, left a text message several times. Today, I said I gotta call them. I looked up, I had the number on my phone, and it's been disconnected. I went back to my charge card to get their number again and that number’s been disconnected. It's not Liberty. But this company is not so good.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

My furnace wouldn't stay lit. We knew right when we woke up that morning something was wrong and I called Liberty. By 7:30 that morning, they had somebody out. By 8:00, it was fixed. My furnace claim was excellent. But with my last claim, it was the complete opposite of how my furnace went. I called in for my refrigerator a week ago. They took my $65. I got my email from them, never heard anything. Three days later, I called them. I said, "You guys are supposed to have someone here in 48 hours." They said, "We'll get on it right away." Later on that day then, I had somebody saying that they could come out. That was on a Friday afternoon. But, he didn't come till today.

The tech looked at it and told me, "Liberty doesn't open till 10:00 to authorize this. I'm gonna leave." I said, "I took off this morning so you could fix my fridge." He said nothing he could do. So, I called Liberty and after about five minutes on hold, I talked to the authorized department. He said, "No, that's not right." I gave him the number to the technician that had just left and Liberty called him and got him back out here. But when Liberty works, it works excellent and it's very easy. I've been telling everybody they should get Liberty. When you live in an older home, it's a no-brainer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

As soon as I hit the button on the internet, my phone rang. But the guy was very nice. And he answered my questions. He answered some of my questions before I asked him. So, he did a good job. I have a maintenance agreement on my heating and air conditioning. And plumbing because the house is 30 plus years old. I've lived in it since 1988. But mostly, my appliances, which I purchased new back in 2011. But I retired after that. And then my husband became ill and was forced to go into retirement early. And none of the appliances have had the maintenance that I would have liked to have done, once a year, get them checked up and done. So, I felt like I was asking for it if I didn't do something.

My washing machine, I don't like it. When I set it off, if there's water in it, even though you set it off, you can even pull the plug from the wall, and it will still empty. It will still pump the water out. So if you've got a clogged drain and you don't want that machine empty, it's going to empty and that clogged drain is going to flow all over the place. And what I wound up having to do was climb up on top of the washing machine and open a window and put the hose out the window. If Liberty Home hadn't had the appliances, I wouldn't have went for that. Because it's another step I didn't feel like I needed. But it was mostly the appliances I was concerned about.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Liberty Home was a resalable warranty. I include it with the home if we decide to sell it as an added benefit. If I want to take the warranty or just transfer it to the new homeowner, I can do either way. That was a plus. I did the claim online, which was easy. And I received an email notification within minutes of doing it. The only complaint was the contractor didn't contact me for three days, so I had to reach out to them.

Normally, they reach out to me as a customer and let me know when they are available for a service visit. I filed the claim on a Saturday night or Sunday morning. By Wednesday, I called Liberty and said, "What is going on? I haven't heard anything. Your email said between 24 and 48 hours business days and it has already been almost 72 hours.” So, they gave me the number. I reached out to the contractor and that was it. The guy was professional. He came in, knew exactly what was wrong with the dryer. He took its front off, replaced a part, closed it back up, see you later.

Liberty Home Guard response

James, thank you for the kind words and the high rating!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I called my claim in and American Home Shield got me somebody to get the issue fixed. I had my machine fixed, but it wasn't fixed right. The contractor had to come out here another 10 days later and do something else. The rep was professional. He was understanding too about the issue, and he apologized for it. But there was nothing they could do about that. So, the service I've dealt with is all right so far. If he didn't come out here the third time, I would have ate him and AHS up.

People say, “What in the hell am I paying all this money for to get things fixed and nothing break?” The service is like car insurance. If you don't have it, that's when you have a big accident and you gotta replace a lot of things. So, it's nice to have. And if you got a problem with it, then you will get it fixed. I pay AHS a year because if something breaks, I don't wanna have a hassle when I call somebody to get something fixed.

Liberty Home Guard response

Solomon, thank you for the kind words and the high rating! We are always here to assist you.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Six weeks after moving into our new home, our Oven, Dishwasher, and Refrigerator all broke. They had the oven fixed the next day, the Dishwasher the day after and while the refrigerator did take a while–8 days, Liberty Home Guard covered all 3 of these repairs in full. Also they did warn us ahead of time that the refrigerator fix may be delayed due to a part being backordered and logistically difficult to get so I do commend them for clear communication and alignment of expectations. In summary, I am very satisfied with the way they handled all these claims and would definitely recommend this company to others!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Signing up with them was very easy.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I and my best friend moved together, buying homes next door to one another. My best friend did the home warranty research and came back with Liberty. We’ve both had about 10 claims in total over the year and while she had one experience that resulted in delays (4 weeks to get her oven replaced), my claims all went smoothly. Together we estimate we’ve saved over $4,800 dollars over the year. Which is why I am writing this review.

Original review: May 2, 2022

We have two policies with Liberty Home Guard. One for our condo and another for our getaway home that is out of state and that we Airbnb frequently. We’ve had one claim on our condo for our air conditioning system and seven claims for our Airbnb (5 appliances and 2 plumbing). After this last, 7th claim with our Airbnb I decided to write this review. We had an active leak and were expecting guests to arrive later the next day. I forget who I spoke with but a supervisor got on the line to ensure not only that a plumber would arrive asap but also that they had contractors available to deal with any water damage. Thankfully the plumber arrived two hours later, and the water damage was not so bad so in addition to fixing the leak in that trip, he went ahead and repaired the water damage. I ended up saving $400 as well thanks to the policy with Liberty Home Guard. They’ve been more like a property manager than a home warranty company for us.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I am not a happy customer. The quality of customer service and follow-up is terrible. My warranty covers my air condition; however, they want me to make a payment of 5000 and Liberty Home Guard make a contribution of 1,102 dollars in order for the repairs to be fixed. This is not a warranty, it is a gimmick! How convenient! Liberty claims to be number one in quality service, however their customer satisfaction in my experience is poor quality. Quality service is meeting and exceeding customer's expectations.

Liberty has not met my expectations or exceeded my expectations. In my view, they take advantage of the consumer. The service is terrible. I am a paying customer and have been a long-time customer and the one time I call I get the runaround and no assistance. Liberty I hope you don't treat all your customers like this. IF you treat others with such poor service, I am going to do my best to address this issue so I would be the last faithful paying customer you abuse.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information