Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.35/5
Visit Website

Liberty Home Guard is one of the country’s fastest-growing and best-rated home warranty providers. They are fully licensed and accredited in all of the states they operate in, and have impeccable ratings across myriad consumer platforms, including Consumer Affairs and the BBB. Liberty Home Guard touts a 24/7 US-based customer service and claims departments, a network of over 10,000 highly-credentialed and licensed technicians who are typically dispatched within 24-hours, and is a powerful leader in the industry when it comes to covering claims.

Its policies stand out as covering more contents of your home than other providers, with easy-to-understand warranty options for those looking for full appliance coverage, systems coverage, or both. Liberty Home Guard offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with flexible payment options. Warranty coverage is only as good as the company behind it, and Liberty Home Guard stands out as a growing leader in the industry--which is why homeowners, renters, sellers, property managers, realtors and dozens of other categories across the nation have chosen to protect their properties with Liberty Home Guard.

View More View More

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I followed the link on a posting from Consumer Affairs and it took me to Liberty.Then they contacted me within minutes after I clicked on a few links. Looking at their coverage on their website, they seemed like a good deal. They also offered me a five-year plan for a very good rate, so I opted for that. Their customer service when I was going through the application process was very easy. My experience was excellent. The gentleman I talked to was not pushy. He answered all my questions. And then he asked a couple of questions that caught me off-guard. He said that they have discounts for both veterans and those who were in public service, and they applied those to the plan I selected. He kept finding ways to make it a little more affordable for me. So, I paid for the five-year plan upfront knowing that if I ever get unhappy, I can get a prorated refund, which was important.

My house is 12 years old and things may start to go apart. I have my HVAC checked twice a year by the same company and they’ve done it since the day I moved in -- once in the beginning of the summer, and once in the fall when the heater is going to get used. I have washers and dryers that I’ve changed belts and motors and things like that. I take care of my equipment very well. But I’m getting up there in years and right now I have a broken leg from a severe motorcycle accident. So, if something happened to any of my equipment, there is nothing I could do. So, Liberty seemed to be a good fit for me. If there is an issue, they either come and fix it, or give you money to replace a unit, which I thought was handy. When I read the contract, however, there are a lot of exceptions that I’m not thrilled with, as well. But, overall, I'd definitely give them a try. If their plan fits your needs, they would be my choice.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Liberty sent me spam and it should have gone to unsolicited mail. I clicked on it and it showed me the prices and what was covered. Then, I asked for a quote and another guy ended up immediately calling. It wasn’t five minutes and I had three phone calls from different people that had hit their screens. So, they were prompt and I had no problem at all. I did some research and I talked to somebody in New York a couple of different times. He wasn’t pushy and he worked and gave me the best offer. I'm really pleased with Liberty.

The ice maker went and Liberty sent a guy out. I was going out of town for a couple of days and he thought I was going out of town for three weeks. I had to call back and ask where the part was because Samsung sent the wrong part which Liberty immediately caught so they had to do it again but I had no problem with that. I didn’t pay anything to Liberty and when I was with American Home Shield, I would have a $75 charge every time besides my insurance. AHS sent a couple of guys out that I wouldn’t allow back at my house. When something is broken and you know that the individual will only come out to your house on Fridays which is convenient on his way home from work is not the type of service I want. When the garage spring broke, I asked the gal from AHS on the phone if it was covered and she said that they would have to send out a person. The guy charged me $75 to tell me that it was broken and it wasn’t covered, and I already knew that.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I own a couple of homes and I wanted to make sure that I had a warranty for the appliances, the washer, and the dryer. Liberty Home Guard got back to me more quickly than the others, and their rate was comparable to what I budgeted. And when they confirmed the process of repairs, it was pretty easy. I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket should an appliance need to be replaced and they would replace it not with a refurbished product but with a new one. All of those sounded right to me and there was no reason for me to go with another company.

The enrollment process was easy and seamless. They asked me for an inventory of the appliances within each home that I was looking to cover and then the rate was adjusted based on what each home had and what each unit had. Then they came up with a price and sent it via email. And finally, there was a 30-day wait period for the warranty to be active.

I have since used them twice for service calls and they have been extremely professional, attentive and responsive. They followed up and called back to make sure that the vendor reached out to schedule the appointment. Both service calls were taken care of promptly and the vendors that they used have been satisfactory so far. There were some issues with the payment with the first vendor though. They asked my tenant for a credit card when that was something they shouldn’t have been asked because the service call fee was already paid for. Liberty said the vendor was new and wasn't aware of the payment process. There was a mixed up with that, but Liberty spoke to the service person while he was there and resolved it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We were with another warranty company and we didn’t like their service. We started looking for another one and read reviews from Liberty Home Guard's current customers, how the warranty has been done and what Liberty has provided to them. The reviews were all pretty much 4 and 5 stars. There were one or two bad reviews, but I think those were just unpleasable individuals.

Liberty's enrollment process was fast, easy and informative. We have our own special specific team assigned to us. We felt more like a customer than a number. Plus, I have someone I can talk to that speaks English very well instead of someone that sounds like they're 2,000 miles away and does not understand what I'm telling them. Thus far, I'm pretty satisfied with the package I signed up with.

However, the initial contractor assigned to me for my claim was extremely unprofessional. Supposedly, he wanted to come straight out to my home to fix the refrigerator right away without calling Liberty first. He didn't want to tell Liberty what was wrong and having them approve or not approve the parts to be fixed. When he found out, he called me and yelled and cursed over the phone. I told him to get off my phone and that I didn't need him to call me anymore. He called three more times and I hung up on him each time. He even had his wife call my phone and I hung up on her.

I kept calling my Liberty team member back and told them that the contractor was bugging me. I said that I'm a law enforcement officer and if the contractor didn't stop, I was going to take legal action on them. I gave Liberty the opportunity to fix the problem and they did. They cancelled the contractor and got Advanced Repair to come out and fix my refrigerator. Advanced Repair was great. They were very nice and courteous which is the way a contractor should be with a homeowner. They worked with us really well. I would highly recommend Liberty to any family and friend. They are a friendly, informative, upfront, and honest team that you could work with. They are miles above American Home Warranty who we had prior.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Disclaimer - we JUST purchased and have not utilized this warranty yet, but will provide feedback once we do. This is solely in regards to our shopping around and purchase of a warranty. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional the sales rep was. I was up-front with him about our budget limitations and what we expected for coverage and cost and he worked to earn our business, matching as close as possible to the other coverages we'd be quoted. We ultimately selected Liberty because, although their coverage was slightly higher, their positive reviews were MUCH better.

Mr. Eric ** was our account rep. He was a bit pushy in making the sale (didn't want me to get off the phone or call him back), but he was patient, polite, and professional when I asked for him to verify his identity via email for secure payment and to send me a sample contract and hold while I reviewed coverages. Great rep - as long as you go in being knowledgeable about your min coverage and max price and then be firm with your rep, they'll work with you to provide the best coverage they can to give you an honest picture of what's possible.

I wouldn't recommend stepping into this conversation before you're ready or have shopped around a bit though. Mr. ** was a Birddog but he was able to decrease our rates because we're military in order to make the sale. We feel much more comfortable with what Liberty Home is able to offer in the way of accreditation and positive customer experiences for the price we're getting than we were with what Select Home Warranty was offering for almost the same price. We look forward to working with Mr. Thompson and his team at Liberty Home Guard in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: March 25, 2020

We had been thinking about getting a home warranty when we bought the house and the Realtor brought Liberty up. She added it into the closing cost and the old owners paid $600 of it. The application process was easy. Liberty just emailed me back the quotes and I picked which one I wanted. They have most definitely been helpful and friendly. They have covered what we needed. Also, their reps have been very helpful. And as of right now, we’re happy with everything.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My friend had a problem with the waterline. It was on the street so he ended up paying a lot of money. He told me that I should get insurance just in case it happens to me in the future. He told me that Liberty was a good idea and I got it just in case I'd need it. The application process was easy. I did it online, somebody called me and we did the process over the phone. The first guy that I talked to was really nice and really professional. I called back the second day and the second guy that I talked to wasn’t too nice and was kinda pushy. The first guy called me back a little later and I went with him. I'm happy at the moment with the experience I have so far. The only thing is the guy sent me an email with the coverage and everything and I tried to open it on my cellphone but I couldn't. It said I had to open it on a computer. I'm gonna have to call Liberty back so maybe they can resend me the email.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Liberty Home Guard's price point and customer service appealed to me. I had a bad experience with another home warranty as far as customer service goes. But when I started speaking with the agents at Liberty Home Guard, they made me feel comfortable. The application process was pretty simple. The rep called me and I answered the phone. He then explained what was covered, what was not, and what the deductible was. Then, he sent the DocuSign over online. I signed and a few minutes later, I got my acceptance via email. If you're looking for an appliance service when you need it, then Liberty is helpful at all times.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I got the Liberty Home Guard Warranty coverage for 5 years as it seems good deal upfront and another friend told me so. BTW, that friend has also discontinued the coverage after experiencing similar issue about coverage (basic stuff is not covered) and told me he was completely wrong & stupid for going with LHG. Both he & me were scammed on face to go for this coverage - but had extremely bad experience when it comes to coverage. Here is my experience ...

I went for 5 yrs coverage with premium of $ 2225.00 needs to be paid upfront, where I opted to make 2 payments for $ 1112.50 which would be charged in first and second month of coverage. The coverage kicks in after 30 days, which was surprising considering I was already having another warranty. Firstly, they charged to my CC 4 times 1112.50 $ (Twice both months), which I figured out after a month & checking the transactions - I was expecting some other high transactions at that time & hence I was careless to check it more due diligently. After calling then about double charges, they initially said it was only 3 charges and not 4 - but then after checking the account statements - they agreed as 2 additional charges as accounting mistake and issued me refund - which took @ 3 days to reflect on my CC. I was OK till that moment - giving them benefit of doubt, but then came moment of truth, when one of my system broke down - which I thought is covered. I raised the ticket online & called them to identify next steps. To my surprise, first the gentleman on the call said - there is no Ticket from my side. Then he said - that online system to raise ticket / claim is in Beta and will not reflect on account for 24 - 48 hrs. Then he inquired about the issue & said he will raise the claim ticket - if it's valid. After hearing me out, he said in very polite way - sorry it is not covered. To my shock, when I went through actual policy - it has only 1 line under covered section and big paragraph under exclusion section - which was applicable across all the systems & appliances. After some discussion with him, I figured out they are not interested in covering this - rather they are interested in selling me the replacement of the unit - for which I have to pay $ 1000.00 - and giving courtesy discount of 100 $ through their preferred plumber. This discussion happened over 3 / 4 days and then I decided to pull the plug off & cancel the warranty. The cancellation process was painful to with lots of negotiations around the issue and additional courtesy discount upto 300$ from 100$. On cancellation, they issues prorate based refund as per policy - but deducted administrative & processing fees (how much how much are these fees are not disclosed upfront anywhere in contract). The refund happened over 2 weeks, with 1 returning to my CC of 1112.50 $ and another 2 checks mailed me separately. 2 checks - reason the second refund transaction went to some other person's CC with same name as mine. Please stay away from this company - they are interested in not covering you rather taking your money and keeping it with them to make money from that & when you cancel - they will issue refund in delayed manner.
    Original review: March 8, 2020

I wanna have a separate building where a man can hang out during the day and work on things, and since Liberty Home Guard has a mother-in-law plan, they covered that. Also, I have a heat pump air conditioning system and a couple other people that I contacted didn't cover heat pumps, but Liberty Home did. Applying with them was very easy, but after I first went online and while I was checking different companies, their sales guy kept on texting once a week. He called me four times and I kept on saying I haven't made up my mind yet. But when I did, I called them back.

Liberty Home Guard expert review by Michele Lerner

Protect the appliances and systems in your home with a home warranty plan starting at just $1 per day. Get total coverage for just $1.50 per day. Customize your plan with the add-ons you need, and don’t pay for the ones you don’t.

• Fast claims processing: Every claim is received and processed quickly and efficiently. Your call will always be addressed and handled in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.

• Option to use out of network contractor: Liberty Home Guard has a wide network of contractors, but if you decide to use one that’s out of network, you can opt to take cash instead of the service.

• Live updates: You’ll get live updates on the status of your service order once you submit a claim.

• Flexible pricing: Plans start as low as $1 per day, and you can add on additional coverage if you have things like a pool or second refrigerator.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information