4.0/5 (393 ratings)
Service fee
$100, $125 or $150
View Plan

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. It offers a variety of warranty products, including coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical systems and more. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs, and most of its plans offer new appliance discounts and credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters.

Pros

• Plans starting at $27.99 per month
    • Great coverage
    • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Top Cinch Home Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I made a claim to Cinch for a plumbing issue. They came out quickly and got it taken care of. I had a toilet leak and a shower leak, and they fixed both of them. The tech was grea...

Verified

Submitting claims to Cinch has been really easy. I just go to their site and type in what my problem is. When their techs come out, they ask what the problem is and after I tell t...

Cinch services

Cinch offers four plans — the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan, the Complete Home Plan and the VIP Complete Home Plan. Each plan comes with standard benefits.

• 180-day workmanship guarantee: If there’s a problem with an appliance or system in the first 180 days after a covered repair, Cinch will fix it again at no additional charge.
    • Protection for preexisting conditions: You won’t have to pay for repairs just because of a preexisting home condition you didn’t know about.
    • Rust and corrosion coverage: Your service request won’t be denied because of rust.
    • New appliance discounts: Cinch can help you save money when purchasing new appliances.
    • Additional home management tools: Plans include $25 toward A/C or refrigerator filters and a $50 green reward that can be used to purchase green or energy-efficient products.

Cinch coverage

Cinch has four levels of coverage. For the best value and highest level of coverage, we recommend the Complete Home Plan. The Cinch Appliances Plan is the most affordable option, and the Built-in Systems Plan offers a moderate level of coverage.

To file a claim with Cinch, you can call the customer service line or file a request through your online account.

Cinch Appliances Plan
    Cinch’s most affordable plan has coverage for the following items:
    • Clothes dryers
    • Clothes washers
    • Cooktops
    • Dishwashers
    • Food centers (built-in)
    • Free-standing ice makers
    • Microwaves (built-in)
    • Ranges
    • Range exhaust hoods
    • Refrigerators
    • Trash compactors (built-in)
    • Wall ovens
    • Smoke detectors
    • Sump pump
    • Toilets
    • Water heater
    • Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
    Cinch Complete Home Plan
    The Cinch Complete Home Plan covers everything in both the Appliances and Built-in Systems Plan to give you the most comprehensive protection. The plan includes Cinch's Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement, which reimburses a customer up to $500 when they have to pay a deductible in a covered homeowners insurance claim. This can be used on one claim per year.
    Cinch VIP Complete Home Plan
    Cinch also has a VIP Complete Home Plan, but you must call the company to enroll — it's not available online as of the time of publication. The VIP Complete Home Plan features:
    • An increased homeowner's insurance deductible of $1,000
    • An appliance cap of $10,000 per claim
    • Surge protection up to $1,000 per year
    • Two complimentary HVAC maintenance visits annually with no cap on refrigerant
    • Outside gad, sewer and water line coverage
    • $100 per year locksmith reimbursement
    • Premium Upgrade Plan at no additional cost

Cinch cost

Cinch plans range in cost from $27.99 per month to $61.99 per month. Costs vary based on where you live and the deductible you choose. Cinch has three deductible, or service call fee, levels: $100, $125 and $150. Expect a higher monthly cost if you choose a lower deductible.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
    Appliances$150$34.99/mo
    Built-in Systems$150$39.99/mo
    Complete Home$150$49.99/mo
    Prices quoted for Houston, TX. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

Cinch FAQ

How can I manage my Cinch plan?

You can manage your Cinch plan from your Cinch account online, which lets you download your contract, open a service request and update your information.

Does Cinch have a workmanship guarantee?

Yes, if a problem resurfaces within 180 days after the covered repair, Cinch makes a new repair at no cost to you.

Are there limits on repairs?

Yes, in some cases there are limits to the amount Cinch will pay to repair specific items.

Is Cinch a new home warranty company?

No. Cinch Home Services was previously known as Cross Country Home Services and sold warranties under the TotalProtect brand. The company recently changed its name to highlight its commitment to making owning a home easier.

Does Cinch offer any other coverage?

Cinch offers multiple add-on options, including coverage for:

• Pool (heater included): This covers above-ground components and parts of the heating, pumping and filtration systems. Pool heaters are covered for up to $1,500 a year.
    • Spa (heater included): Spa coverage also covers the same parts as pool coverage — above-ground components and parts of the heating, pumping and filtration systems. Spa heaters are covered for up to $1,500 a year.
    • Pool with spa: This plan combines pool and spa coverage for homeowners who own both.
    • Septic tank/plumbing: Septic tank coverage includes the sewage ejector pump, tank pumping and septic tank. Cap limits apply.
    • Well pump: This add-on covers all components and parts of a well pump utilized as a source of water to the home.
    • Premier Upgrade Package: The Premier Upgrade Package is only available for customers who chooose Complete Home coverage. The add-on provides up to $2,000 of coverage a year (two claims of up to $1,000) when there are charges normally not covered under a home warranty. These costs can be for permits, code upgrades, removal and disposal costs and more. For more information, you can speak to a Cinch representative about the terms and conditions.

Do we recommend Cinch?

We highly recommend the coverage Cinch offers. Its four plans, in particular the Complete Home Plan, offer great coverage at affordable rates. The 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee provided by its competitors. We also like that it has several ways to open a service request.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2014

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: June 17, 2022

I thought it was going to be one of these things where I was going to have to find a warranty company and then pay for it and then be reimbursed. But all of that stuff was taken care of for me. So, whatever Cinch does on the front-end to make sure that you're taken care of for people who either opt to have a home warranty put in place or negotiate to have a home warranty put in place, they should keep it up. The experience was a cinch. It was an absolute cakewalk.

Then, I got this information in the mail seven business days after I had closed and had started living in my home and all of it was the outlining work from my policy, what was covered and how to go about a claim. It was unbelievable how easy everything was. It baffled me because if it's something that has to be done on my behalf, where it's to my benefit, it's always a headache. It's something where you have to sit on hold for eight hours. Then, if somebody picks up, hopefully, they'll be able to get your policy enacted before the end of the year in a certain way. That's just my luck and how everything with larger expenses go with me. It's a constant headache. But this was completely tended to and all done right away. It was remarkable. Also, I received a phone call stating that I was going to receive an information packet and all those other things. They walked through quickly what I could file a claim under.

I highly recommend Cinch to anybody who is considering it. Even if you buy a house and you're a little leery and you couldn't get it, the premium was only $400 and some change for the entire year. When we walk into it, especially the first-time homebuyer, it's a little bit of a daunting experience. But if something goes wrong, it's covered by Cinch. If my refrigerator blows out or if my stove blows up in the kitchen, it's covered. That's nice to know, especially after you drop $58,000 and you're reeling from that expense. All I got to do is come up with $100, which, I could probably beg for change or pick up loose change in the City of Milwaukee and probably find that in less than a day. I've gotten a lot of good night's sleep because of it.

Ryan, Thanks so much for sharing your experience! - Amanda

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Cinch worked out good. I called them and they got the claim going, and they stuck with it. They would get someone to come out and do the work and I would pay my deductible. They weren’t overly high. I used to pay $40 a month and it went up to 45. Now, I pay $50 a month. I need to call Cinch right now. They’ll come out and do your maintenance free. So, if something is wrong or tearing up or something went, the tech will report it and you can get it serviced. Or the maintenance person will set up an appointment to do that. Then you pay your deductible and get that done. They're trying to help you before something goes and they have a record too if something's allowed and know that it was not.

One time, my husband had the plumbing service doing something here and the guy was saying he could get in there. I said that I have to call up the maintenance service. When I called, they said that the plumbing service was not on their list, but they’re sure they do good service. Whoever Cinch is sending out to your house, they know.

I have encountered some problems within the last couple of years since COVID though. Cinch has a hard time getting people to come to Forest now. We are out some of the ones who's on their list. I’m 42 miles from Jackson. It’s a little old town. So, sometimes, the contractors can't come. But I like that if Cinch can't get anybody to come out, they let the customer get someone. They just don’t say they can’t. All the contractor has got to do is turn in their description, what they did and how they did. They go through that process and how much it was, and I send it in and Cinch refunds me because you will have to pay the person, whatever they charge right then.

I know one business that it’s just certain things, but I was able to ask them would they come and do it. They have to go by these steps with this warranty and they understood it because they were familiar with this. I had to do my deductible but I got my refund. Cinch will stick with it and ask you if the person came, and you can call them back. The only part I don't like is that it’s hard to get to the right person. It's automated. I like to talk to people. I can do it and text and get online, but I don't like that. But as long as Cinch keeps doing what they are doing, I'm good.

Cinch Home Services response

Mary- We understand how stressful managing home repairs can be, and are glad to hear that you are pleased with our service. It is always our intention to assign the right technician at the right time to meet your needs. We take our service network seriously and value your feedback. Thanks for stopping by! Sincerely, Christine

Original review: May 29, 2022

I had one problem where my renter's washing machine went out and the service company wasn't coordinating the appointment time. I called Cinch and they gave me another company immediately and coordinated with me and my renter. The repair guys had to order the parts and the parts came directly to the house. As soon as the parts came in, they were instructed to call for an appointment.

I had an air conditioning company who was scamming and Cinch was waiting to approve of the tech's estimate. What they wanted to do was, they were claiming that the air handler in the attic was unlevel. Meanwhile, I had gotten a friend of mine, who went up to the attic and checked out the system and what was broken was the PVC that comes out of the air handler. Cinch immediately denied that man's claim. I haven't had any problems with them. I was being very honest about the whole scenario and they understood. Cinch is good and I have no problems with them. They're awesome. And it's kind of sad.

I heard of Cinch because a girlfriend of mine told me that I should get a maintenance contract. But when I came to Ohio, the Realtor told me that I could buy the maintenance agreement when I purchase the house. I didn't know that. There's a lot of different options. It's not just putting a maintenance agreement on your house. I have three different policies. Two rental houses and the house that I'm living in now.

I would recommend that everybody who buys a house should have this kind of contract. Even if you have an inspection and they do an overall inspection because you don't know what you're buying. When I did the overall inspection, the inspector didn't catch a problem on the house. The electrician caught it when he had to do a repair that the inspection found but there was another problem that nobody caught. You should have plan A, plan B, plan C. Because when you're buying a house, you don't know everything that is possibly wrong and it might not come up at the present time. It just happens that way. Other than, I really hope that more people see the importance in this. I didn't know about it for years.

Cinch Home Services response

Maria, Foremost we would like to express our gratitude for allowing us to service your home warranty needs on multiple properties. We appreciate that you took the time to give this feedback and look forward to many years of partnership! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 1, 2022

I have had some claims and repairs. The most recent was a plumbing issue. It was all right. I had a backed up lateral line, so the basement flooded with excrement and things. The company that came out to fix the line couldn't fully get all the stuff out of the line. Enough that it worked, but still not enough where it won't happen again, because there are still stuff in the line. And Cinch wouldn't pay for it to be fully fixed. So, I didn't like that very much. But I can put in a new claim and try to have it remedied.

I like Cinch for the most part. The only frustrating thing is, oftentimes, a company will charge you extra from what Cinch does. So, I pay $100 through Cinch. And the company will say, “Oh, we're gonna need 1,200 more dollars from you,” or, “We're gonna need 300 more dollars from you.” And that's frustrating. The positive stuff is that when I call the line, they seem to care and help and get people out there as soon as they can, which is nice. I've heard horror stories from other companies about other companies that would say they would fix stuff, but they would find one speck of rust, so they wouldn't. But Cinch has done a bunch of claims for me well, so I like that.

Trying to get under control the extra costs from companies would be nice. For instance, one company said they wanted to charge me $1,200 extra to install a furnace. So, I called Cinch and said, “I don't want them. Can you please give me somebody else?” And they did, which was nice. And that company was, “Wow. They are totally ripping you off. We'll only charge you 200 extra.” So, it's all these extra. It’s lame. But they work with me to help get that down.

Cinch Home Services response

Lisa, Thank you for sharing your claim experience with us. We strive to provide a straightforward experience for our customers and appreciate your feedback. Ultimately, our goal is to make managing home repairs easy and we are pleased to hear that you are overall satisfied with your service. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Cinch is so worth it. We had put out life savings into putting our downpayment on our home. I forgot about the warranty within the first few minutes. So when the flood happened, I was crying. I knew to call my homeowners insurance, which took care of the risk mitigation. They sent the water mitigation company. What I did not know was that it didn't cover the plumbing piece of it. I was in tears going, “How am I gonna afford a plumber and get this fixed? Then, I remembered Cinch warranty. When I reached out to Cinch, found out that it was covered, and paid the $100. They sent a plumber right out and it was fixed right away. I will be extending my warranty.

One time though, we had a washer and dryer delivered. We were getting all new appliances. I needed to know if they covered the hardware that goes to the wall for the plumbing to the washer. The guy was afraid that he might break it. Luckily, that did not happen. But had it happened, I didn't know if it was covered or not. So when I called for a coverage question, everywhere I turned, I couldn't get to a person. It was like, “Credit card number for your deductible.” I was like, “I need to just ask a question.” Other than that, it was perfectly fine. The contractor that was in their group is a well-known contractor around here and they did a great job. They fixed the problem right away.

Cinch Home Services response

Shaunta, We understand how stressful managing home repairs can be and we're delighted Cinch has given you peace of mind by helping alleviate the financial burden of costly repairs. We strive to ensure our customers have a seamless experience and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

There was a gas leak. It was horrible. Then I had to change things for the water heater. I paid $100 so a contractor could come and look but they never came. The day after, Cinch found another one and they came. But Cinch refused to pay anything so I paid over $4,000 from my pocket. The second thing was a problem with the oven. When the people came and looked, they said, "If you use the gas, you cannot use this oven. If you use the oven, you cannot use the gas." I paid 100 bucks but Cinch just sent me someone to check and fix it. They were not going to replace it. They contacted me and I appreciated them for that but I'm not happy with Cinch.

Cinch Home Services response

Narantuya, I’m sorry to hear that your warranty experience did not go as you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are items and conditions which may not be covered. We’d be glad to reach out to you to better explain your coverage, if you’d like for us to give you a call directly, please respond with the best time to reach you. Sincerely, Christine

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Business model appears to be making resolution impossible so that you just solve it yourself. I was lied to repeatedly. This would be an excellent case study in horrendous customer service. After nearly 3 weeks without a water heater we simply took in upon ourselves to solve the problem. The local contractor they wanted to use seemed to have a little side hustle going to charge the customer absurd extra costs, and their customer service model is clearly to avoid paying any claim. For example, they repeatedly insisted they couldn't find a water heater in our area, yet I found several, told them where they were, offered to pick them up myself, but each time was told they needed to pass the information on to their "research" department to see if they could get the water heater. At one point they were telling me the supplier didn't have the water heater, while I had the supplier on the other line telling me she was looking at the unit. I suspect they stay in business because realtors get some incentive to get sellers to buy this warranty for the buyer, but then the buyer is screwed if they ever need to file a claim, and Cinch has no incentive to do better because they just keep selling these policies to realtors, and buyers never know how bad the service actually is.

Cinch Home Services response

Neil, We regret to hear that we have not been providing hassle-free service. Please understand it is not the level of service we aim to provide to our customers. We do appreciate your feedback and bringing this matter to our attention as this will allow us the opportunity to address your concerns. We have located your account and will have a resolution specialist review your account and follow up with you personally to address your concerns. - Christine

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

The service is terrible! The supervisors are only there to deter you from getting an appropriate resolution and protect the company! I have been attempting to get a plumbing issue resolved for the last 5 months. I pay nearly $80/month plus $100 deductible for each repair, only for them to turn around and say that they don't have any service providers in my area and that I should pay an additional $125 travel fee in order to get service in my metropolitan area! I also have additional damage because the leak was never repaired! They never offered me a refund and they are telling me that my deductible is about to expire even though they never sent a technician. Another time their technician wrote up the report incorrectly, the claim was denied, and their only resolution was for me to start a new claim and pay another $100, in spite of the fact that it was an error on the part of their technician! Each time I called I got a different story and every supervisor insisted that they could not do anything further!

Cinch Home Services response

Diane, I regret to hear this has been your experience. We aim to provide prompt claim resolutions and we have missed our objective. We have located your account and will have a resolution specialist reach out personally to address your concerns. - Christine

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

My oven wasn't working. The techs replaced the computer panel where the clock is. They ordered the part and it came to my house the next day. The tech scheduled and came a couple of days later to install it. Both techs were very nice. Cinch has been very good. There have been delays but that was because of not being able to get parts. The service people are always good and they get back to me. Also, we had a previous issue with our air conditioning unit upstairs and they ended up replacing it. It was an older unit and they couldn't get sufficient parts. They said it was better to put another one in. So, we're very happy.

Cinch Home Services response

Vicki, Our goal is to be there in your time of need and we are pleased to know we have meet our objective. We appreciate your feedback and hope to service your home protection needs for many years to come. - Christine

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Everything turned out really well. Submitting my claim is simple. I log in and tell them what the issues are and they call me back. The only issue I've had is that the the techs come out and they do not have the parts on hand. So I have to wait longer to get something fixed.

Cinch Home Services response

Rafael- We are thrilled to hear we have provided top notch trusted experts to come and service your claims. We aim to provide a seamless process and it seems our objective has been met. Thank you for sharing your experience! - Christine

Cinch Home Services Company Information