4.0/5 (212 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. It offers a variety of warranty products, including coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical systems and more. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs, and most of its plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at $27.99 per month
    • Great coverage
    • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Top Cinch Home Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I made a claim to Cinch for a plumbing issue. They came out quickly and got it taken care of. I had a toilet leak and a shower leak, and they fixed both of them. The tech was grea...

Verified

Submitting claims to Cinch has been really easy. I just go to their site and type in what my problem is. When their techs come out, they ask what the problem is and after I tell t...

Cinch services

Cinch offers four plans — the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan, the Complete Home Plan and the VIP Complete Home Plan. Each plan comes with standard benefits.

• 180-day workmanship guarantee: If there’s a problem with an appliance or system in the first 180 days after a covered repair, Cinch will fix it again at no additional charge.
    • Protection for preexisting conditions: You won’t have to pay for repairs just because of a preexisting home condition you didn’t know about.
    • Rust and corrosion coverage: Your service request won’t be denied because of rust.
    • New appliance discounts: Cinch can help you save money when purchasing new appliances.
    • Additional home management tools: Plans include $25 toward A/C or refrigerator filters and a free sensor to detect water leaks.

Cinch coverage

Cinch has four levels of coverage. For the best value and highest level of coverage, we recommend the Complete Home Plan. The Cinch Appliances Plan is the most affordable option, and the Built-in Systems Plan offers a moderate level of coverage.

To file a claim with Cinch, you can call the customer service line or file a request through your online account.

Cinch Appliances Plan
    Cinch’s most affordable plan has coverage for the following items:
    • Clothes dryers
    • Clothes washers
    • Cooktops
    • Dishwashers
    • Food centers (built-in)
    • Free-standing ice makers
    • Microwaves (built-in)
    • Ranges
    • Range exhaust hoods
    • Refrigerators
    • Trash compactors (built-in)
    • Wall ovens
    • Smoke detectors
    • Sump pump
    • Toilets
    • Water heater
    • Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
    Cinch Complete Home Plan
    The Cinch Complete Home Plan covers everything in both the Appliances and Built-in Systems Plan to give you the most comprehensive protection. The plan includes Cinch's Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement, which reimburses a customer up to $500 when they have to pay a deductible in a covered homeowners insurance claim. This can be used on one claim per year.
    Cinch VIP Complete Home Plan
    Cinch also has a VIP Complete Home Plan, but you must call the company to enroll — it's not available online as of the time of publication. The VIP Complete Home Plan features:
    • An increased homeowner's insurance deductible of $1,000
    • An appliance cap of $10,000 per claim
    • Surge protection up to $1,000 per year
    • Two complimentary HVAC maintenance visits annually with no cap on refrigerant
    • Outside gad, sewer and water line coverage
    • $100 per year locksmith reimbursement
    • Premium Upgrade Plan at no additional cost

Cinch cost

Cinch plans range in cost from $27.99 per month to $61.99 per month. Costs vary based on where you live and the deductible you choose. Cinch has three deductible, or service call fee, levels: $100, $125 and $150. Expect a higher monthly cost if you choose a lower deductible.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
    Appliances$150$34.99/mo
    Built-in Systems$150$39.99/mo
    Complete Home$150$49.99/mo
    Prices quoted for Houston, TX. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

Cinch FAQ

How can I manage my Cinch plan?

You can manage your Cinch plan from your Cinch account online, which lets you download your contract, open a service request and update your information.

Does Cinch have a workmanship guarantee?

Yes, if a problem resurfaces within 180 days after the covered repair, Cinch makes a new repair at no cost to you.

Are there limits on repairs?

Yes, in some cases there are limits to the amount Cinch will pay to repair specific items.

Is Cinch a new home warranty company?

No. Cinch Home Services was previously known as Cross Country Home Services and sold warranties under the TotalProtect brand. The company recently changed its name to highlight its commitment to making owning a home easier.

Does Cinch offer any other coverage?

Cinch offers multiple add-on options, including coverage for:

• Pool: This covers multiple pool parts, including above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, filters, air pumps and the blower motor. Pool heaters are covered for up to $1,000 per year.
    • Spa: Spa coverage also covers the same parts as pool coverage — above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, air pumps, blower motor, filters and more.
    • Pool with spa: This plan combines pool and spa coverage for homeowners who own both.
    • Septic tank/plumbing: Septic tank coverage includes the sewage ejector pump, tank pumping and septic tank. Cap limits apply.
    • Well pump: This add-on covers the above ground well pump, booster pump and more.
    • Premier Upgrade Package: The Premier Upgrade Package is only available for customers who chooose Complete Home coverage. The add-on helps cover costs not normally covered under a home protection plan, including permits and code upgrades, for up to $1,000 a claim. Cap limits apply. For Florida residents, the package provides coverage in accordance with Florida Statute §634.346.

Do we recommend Cinch?

We highly recommend the coverage Cinch offers. Its four plans, in particular the Complete Home Plan, offer great coverage at affordable rates. The 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee provided by its competitors. We also like that it has several ways to open a service request.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: June 17, 2022

I thought it was going to be one of these things where I was going to have to find a warranty company and then pay for it and then be reimbursed. But all of that stuff was taken care of for me. So, whatever Cinch does on the front-end to make sure that you're taken care of for people who either opt to have a home warranty put in place or negotiate to have a home warranty put in place, they should keep it up. The experience was a cinch. It was an absolute cakewalk.

Then, I got this information in the mail seven business days after I had closed and had started living in my home and all of it was the outlining work from my policy, what was covered and how to go about a claim. It was unbelievable how easy everything was. It baffled me because if it's something that has to be done on my behalf, where it's to my benefit, it's always a headache. It's something where you have to sit on hold for eight hours. Then, if somebody picks up, hopefully, they'll be able to get your policy enacted before the end of the year in a certain way. That's just my luck and how everything with larger expenses go with me. It's a constant headache. But this was completely tended to and all done right away. It was remarkable. Also, I received a phone call stating that I was going to receive an information packet and all those other things. They walked through quickly what I could file a claim under.

I highly recommend Cinch to anybody who is considering it. Even if you buy a house and you're a little leery and you couldn't get it, the premium was only $400 and some change for the entire year. When we walk into it, especially the first-time homebuyer, it's a little bit of a daunting experience. But if something goes wrong, it's covered by Cinch. If my refrigerator blows out or if my stove blows up in the kitchen, it's covered. That's nice to know, especially after you drop $58,000 and you're reeling from that expense. All I got to do is come up with $100, which, I could probably beg for change or pick up loose change in the City of Milwaukee and probably find that in less than a day. I've gotten a lot of good night's sleep because of it.

Ryan, Thanks so much for sharing your experience! - Amanda

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Cinch worked out good. I called them and they got the claim going, and they stuck with it. They would get someone to come out and do the work and I would pay my deductible. They weren’t overly high. I used to pay $40 a month and it went up to 45. Now, I pay $50 a month. I need to call Cinch right now. They’ll come out and do your maintenance free. So, if something is wrong or tearing up or something went, the tech will report it and you can get it serviced. Or the maintenance person will set up an appointment to do that. Then you pay your deductible and get that done. They're trying to help you before something goes and they have a record too if something's allowed and know that it was not.

One time, my husband had the plumbing service doing something here and the guy was saying he could get in there. I said that I have to call up the maintenance service. When I called, they said that the plumbing service was not on their list, but they’re sure they do good service. Whoever Cinch is sending out to your house, they know.

I have encountered some problems within the last couple of years since COVID though. Cinch has a hard time getting people to come to Forest now. We are out some of the ones who's on their list. I’m 42 miles from Jackson. It’s a little old town. So, sometimes, the contractors can't come. But I like that if Cinch can't get anybody to come out, they let the customer get someone. They just don’t say they can’t. All the contractor has got to do is turn in their description, what they did and how they did. They go through that process and how much it was, and I send it in and Cinch refunds me because you will have to pay the person, whatever they charge right then.

I know one business that it’s just certain things, but I was able to ask them would they come and do it. They have to go by these steps with this warranty and they understood it because they were familiar with this. I had to do my deductible but I got my refund. Cinch will stick with it and ask you if the person came, and you can call them back. The only part I don't like is that it’s hard to get to the right person. It's automated. I like to talk to people. I can do it and text and get online, but I don't like that. But as long as Cinch keeps doing what they are doing, I'm good.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I had one problem where my renter's washing machine went out and the service company wasn't coordinating the appointment time. I called Cinch and they gave me another company immediately and coordinated with me and my renter. The repair guys had to order the parts and the parts came directly to the house. As soon as the parts came in, they were instructed to call for an appointment.

I had an air conditioning company who was scamming and Cinch was waiting to approve of the tech's estimate. What they wanted to do was, they were claiming that the air handler in the attic was unlevel. Meanwhile, I had gotten a friend of mine, who went up to the attic and checked out the system and what was broken was the PVC that comes out of the air handler. Cinch immediately denied that man's claim. I haven't had any problems with them. I was being very honest about the whole scenario and they understood. Cinch is good and I have no problems with them. They're awesome. And it's kind of sad.

I heard of Cinch because a girlfriend of mine told me that I should get a maintenance contract. But when I came to Ohio, the Realtor told me that I could buy the maintenance agreement when I purchase the house. I didn't know that. There's a lot of different options. It's not just putting a maintenance agreement on your house. I have three different policies. Two rental houses and the house that I'm living in now.

I would recommend that everybody who buys a house should have this kind of contract. Even if you have an inspection and they do an overall inspection because you don't know what you're buying. When I did the overall inspection, the inspector didn't catch a problem on the house. The electrician caught it when he had to do a repair that the inspection found but there was another problem that nobody caught. You should have plan A, plan B, plan C. Because when you're buying a house, you don't know everything that is possibly wrong and it might not come up at the present time. It just happens that way. Other than, I really hope that more people see the importance in this. I didn't know about it for years.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I have had some claims and repairs. The most recent was a plumbing issue. It was all right. I had a backed up lateral line, so the basement flooded with excrement and things. The company that came out to fix the line couldn't fully get all the stuff out of the line. Enough that it worked, but still not enough where it won't happen again, because there are still stuff in the line. And Cinch wouldn't pay for it to be fully fixed. So, I didn't like that very much. But I can put in a new claim and try to have it remedied.

I like Cinch for the most part. The only frustrating thing is, oftentimes, a company will charge you extra from what Cinch does. So, I pay $100 through Cinch. And the company will say, “Oh, we're gonna need 1,200 more dollars from you,” or, “We're gonna need 300 more dollars from you.” And that's frustrating. The positive stuff is that when I call the line, they seem to care and help and get people out there as soon as they can, which is nice. I've heard horror stories from other companies about other companies that would say they would fix stuff, but they would find one speck of rust, so they wouldn't. But Cinch has done a bunch of claims for me well, so I like that.

Trying to get under control the extra costs from companies would be nice. For instance, one company said they wanted to charge me $1,200 extra to install a furnace. So, I called Cinch and said, “I don't want them. Can you please give me somebody else?” And they did, which was nice. And that company was, “Wow. They are totally ripping you off. We'll only charge you 200 extra.” So, it's all these extra. It’s lame. But they work with me to help get that down.

Cinch Home Services response

Lisa, Thank you for sharing your claim experience with us. We strive to provide a straightforward experience for our customers and appreciate your feedback. Ultimately, our goal is to make managing home repairs easy and we are pleased to hear that you are overall satisfied with your service. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Cinch is so worth it. We had put out life savings into putting our downpayment on our home. I forgot about the warranty within the first few minutes. So when the flood happened, I was crying. I knew to call my homeowners insurance, which took care of the risk mitigation. They sent the water mitigation company. What I did not know was that it didn't cover the plumbing piece of it. I was in tears going, “How am I gonna afford a plumber and get this fixed? Then, I remembered Cinch warranty. When I reached out to Cinch, found out that it was covered, and paid the $100. They sent a plumber right out and it was fixed right away. I will be extending my warranty.

One time though, we had a washer and dryer delivered. We were getting all new appliances. I needed to know if they covered the hardware that goes to the wall for the plumbing to the washer. The guy was afraid that he might break it. Luckily, that did not happen. But had it happened, I didn't know if it was covered or not. So when I called for a coverage question, everywhere I turned, I couldn't get to a person. It was like, “Credit card number for your deductible.” I was like, “I need to just ask a question.” Other than that, it was perfectly fine. The contractor that was in their group is a well-known contractor around here and they did a great job. They fixed the problem right away.

Cinch Home Services response

Shaunta, We understand how stressful managing home repairs can be and we're delighted Cinch has given you peace of mind by helping alleviate the financial burden of costly repairs. We strive to ensure our customers have a seamless experience and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: June 18, 2022

I’m glad Cinch was part of the sale when I bought this home. The owner said she would provide a home warranty, which I'm glad she did because Cinch fixed several things such as a built-in microwave, the outside AC unit and the garage door. They’ve been good other than I thought the plumbing was covered and it wasn’t. But it’s no big deal. They got it done promptly. The only thing I don’t like is they want you to do the deductible and punch all your numbers at the time of call. You don't know who's got access to that stuff and I have a hard time with that. I wish they would just let me pay whoever the vendor is the 100 bucks because in today's world, you can't trust people. Still, everything has been positive with Cinch. They’ve been right on it and gotten everything done. I'm gonna renew with them and I would recommend them.

Thanks for sharing Timothy! - Amanda

Original review: June 16, 2022

It feels like a "bait-and-switch" scheme. When it comes to paying for claims, they will come up with "contract" reasons for why they won't pay. I bought their VIP extended coverage and they still would not pay for a repair. They also sent a repair person who was not familiar with my "brand" of HVAC, then would not refund the service charge. Go elsewhere, save your money.

Original review: June 12, 2022

The only drawback with Cinch is that we have to file the claim and they would send the service person. That service person would determine whether we have a claim and what they would cover, which has to be okayed by Cinch and they would send a technician. We had had our air conditioner and furnace serviced by our own people that we have come out twice a year and they told us the problem. We filed a claim with Cinch and they had a person come out and confirm what’s wrong with it. The person had to file with Cinch and they sent Pro Source out who did the actual replacement. We were without air conditioning for three weeks. It was the same thing for our hot water. It's not a quick process. But money-wise, I understand why it takes a little bit.

Also, my washer had to be replaced. Cinch gave us a cash option or replacing the washer but the washer they were gonna use to replace my washer wasn’t available. And that was an $1,100 washer and they gave me $650 in cash. We went and got our own washer, but had to pay for the other half because they didn’t have it in stock. There are pluses and minuses to Cinch but we keep it because we bought an older home and a lot of the appliances were older. In the long run, it would be worth it.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Cinch is fine but when you call in, you don’t talk to a person. I don’t mind paying but I would like to talk to somebody instead of having to do all of that first. You don’t know anything about the contractor before they show up. The last time that I called, it was for a plumber and who Cinch was gonna send, they had sent before. I asked not to have that one, and they sent a different one. So, I am pleased with that because I was not happy with the Rooter Guys. The air conditioning people were great and wonderful, and the only bad experience was with the first plumber guy.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I contacted Cinch Home Services recently... no problem reaching someone initially, but now I can't get through and when I do they have no record and yet there is a pending charge from them on my cc. They were also pretty pushy about us getting one of their warranty plans... so glad we didn't!

I want to cancel their services, but have hit a road block. I'll just let my cc company know NOT to let that charge go through.

Cinch Home Services Company Information