3.8/5 (162 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. It offers a variety of warranty products, including coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical systems and more. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs, and most of its plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at $27.99 per month
    • Great coverage
    • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Top Cinch Home Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I made a claim to Cinch for a plumbing issue. They came out quickly and got it taken care of. I had a toilet leak and a shower leak, and they fixed both of them. The tech was grea...

Verified

Submitting claims to Cinch has been really easy. I just go to their site and type in what my problem is. When their techs come out, they ask what the problem is and after I tell t...

Cinch services

Cinch offers four plans — the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan, the Complete Home Plan and the VIP Complete Home Plan. Each plan comes with standard benefits.

• 180-day workmanship guarantee: If there’s a problem with an appliance or system in the first 180 days after a covered repair, Cinch will fix it again at no additional charge.
    • Protection for preexisting conditions: You won’t have to pay for repairs just because of a preexisting home condition you didn’t know about.
    • Rust and corrosion coverage: Your service request won’t be denied because of rust.
    • New appliance discounts: Cinch can help you save money when purchasing new appliances.
    • Additional home management tools: Plans include $25 toward A/C or refrigerator filters and a free sensor to detect water leaks.

Cinch coverage

Cinch has four levels of coverage. For the best value and highest level of coverage, we recommend the Complete Home Plan. The Cinch Appliances Plan is the most affordable option, and the Built-in Systems Plan offers a moderate level of coverage.

To file a claim with Cinch, you can call the customer service line or file a request through your online account.

Cinch Appliances Plan
    Cinch’s most affordable plan has coverage for the following items:
    • Clothes dryers
    • Clothes washers
    • Cooktops
    • Dishwashers
    • Food centers (built-in)
    • Free-standing ice makers
    • Microwaves (built-in)
    • Ranges
    • Range exhaust hoods
    • Refrigerators
    • Trash compactors (built-in)
    • Wall ovens
    • Smoke detectors
    • Sump pump
    • Toilets
    • Water heater
    • Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
    Cinch Complete Home Plan
    The Cinch Complete Home Plan covers everything in both the Appliances and Built-in Systems Plan to give you the most comprehensive protection. The plan includes Cinch's Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement, which reimburses a customer up to $500 when they have to pay a deductible in a covered homeowners insurance claim. This can be used on one claim per year.
    Cinch VIP Complete Home Plan
    Cinch also has a VIP Complete Home Plan, but you must call the company to enroll — it's not available online as of the time of publication. The VIP Complete Home Plan features:
    • An increased homeowner's insurance deductible of $1,000
    • An appliance cap of $10,000 per claim
    • Surge protection up to $1,000 per year
    • Two complimentary HVAC maintenance visits annually with no cap on refrigerant
    • Outside gad, sewer and water line coverage
    • $100 per year locksmith reimbursement
    • Premium Upgrade Plan at no additional cost

Cinch cost

Cinch plans range in cost from $27.99 per month to $61.99 per month. Costs vary based on where you live and the deductible you choose. Cinch has three deductible, or service call fee, levels: $100, $125 and $150. Expect a higher monthly cost if you choose a lower deductible.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
    Appliances$150$34.99/mo
    Built-in Systems$150$39.99/mo
    Complete Home$150$49.99/mo
    Prices quoted for Houston, TX. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

Cinch FAQ

How can I manage my Cinch plan?

You can manage your Cinch plan from your Cinch account online, which lets you download your contract, open a service request and update your information.

Does Cinch have a workmanship guarantee?

Yes, if a problem resurfaces within 180 days after the covered repair, Cinch makes a new repair at no cost to you.

Are there limits on repairs?

Yes, in some cases there are limits to the amount Cinch will pay to repair specific items.

Is Cinch a new home warranty company?

No. Cinch Home Services was previously known as Cross Country Home Services and sold warranties under the TotalProtect brand. The company recently changed its name to highlight its commitment to making owning a home easier.

Does Cinch offer any other coverage?

Cinch offers multiple add-on options, including coverage for:

• Pool: This covers multiple pool parts, including above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, filters, air pumps and the blower motor. Pool heaters are covered for up to $1,000 per year.
    • Spa: Spa coverage also covers the same parts as pool coverage — above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, air pumps, blower motor, filters and more.
    • Pool with spa: This plan combines pool and spa coverage for homeowners who own both.
    • Septic tank/plumbing: Septic tank coverage includes the sewage ejector pump, tank pumping and septic tank. Cap limits apply.
    • Well pump: This add-on covers the above ground well pump, booster pump and more.
    • Premier Upgrade Package: The Premier Upgrade Package is only available for customers who chooose Complete Home coverage. The add-on helps cover costs not normally covered under a home protection plan, including permits and code upgrades, for up to $1,000 a claim. Cap limits apply. For Florida residents, the package provides coverage in accordance with Florida Statute §634.346.

Do we recommend Cinch?

We highly recommend the coverage Cinch offers. Its four plans, in particular the Complete Home Plan, offer great coverage at affordable rates. The 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee provided by its competitors. We also like that it has several ways to open a service request.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: May 1, 2022

I have had some claims and repairs. The most recent was a plumbing issue. It was all right. I had a backed up lateral line, so the basement flooded with excrement and things. The company that came out to fix the line couldn't fully get all the stuff out of the line. Enough that it worked, but still not enough where it won't happen again, because there are still stuff in the line. And Cinch wouldn't pay for it to be fully fixed. So, I didn't like that very much. But I can put in a new claim and try to have it remedied.

I like Cinch for the most part. The only frustrating thing is, oftentimes, a company will charge you extra from what Cinch does. So, I pay $100 through Cinch. And the company will say, “Oh, we're gonna need 1,200 more dollars from you,” or, “We're gonna need 300 more dollars from you.” And that's frustrating. The positive stuff is that when I call the line, they seem to care and help and get people out there as soon as they can, which is nice. I've heard horror stories from other companies about other companies that would say they would fix stuff, but they would find one speck of rust, so they wouldn't. But Cinch has done a bunch of claims for me well, so I like that.

Trying to get under control the extra costs from companies would be nice. For instance, one company said they wanted to charge me $1,200 extra to install a furnace. So, I called Cinch and said, “I don't want them. Can you please give me somebody else?” And they did, which was nice. And that company was, “Wow. They are totally ripping you off. We'll only charge you 200 extra.” So, it's all these extra. It’s lame. But they work with me to help get that down.

Cinch Home Services response

Lisa, Thank you for sharing your claim experience with us. We strive to provide a straightforward experience for our customers and appreciate your feedback. Ultimately, our goal is to make managing home repairs easy and we are pleased to hear that you are overall satisfied with your service. Sincerely, Austin

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

To submit a claim is simple. I like that you can get the information to the representative. Cinch's resources are better at providing a provider. In the past, I've had where I had to find somebody to do the work, and I get reimbursed. Cinch only had that to happen once and that was with my hot water heater. And I've had some issues with the television. I was pleased with my reimbursement for that to be able to purchase another television, and not have to come out of the pocket with such a large sum of money.

For repairs and services on my washer and dryer, they have someone locally that can come out and take care of it. And the last thing that I had done was with my refrigerator. I found out after the fact that my refrigerator icemaker was under warranty at Samsung. I was disappointed that I had to pay $150 out of pocket because the serviceman had to come out and take a look at it. But it only took him about 15 minutes to do what he did.

I asked the person that I talked to when I asked them about giving me a refund on some of my money. She said that they had to pay for someone to come out. And that was the amount that they had to pay and I couldn't get any of my money back. But I asked them, “Well, how did you find out that the icemaker was still under warranty?” She said that the person that came out to check the refrigerator told them the refrigerator had a recall on it. It was not a warranty. It was a recall because there was a defect with Samsung icemakers. So, I would have liked to have known that before the fact. Having to pay for somebody to come out and look at it, especially $150, that was quite a bit. But overall, I'm pleased.

Cinch Home Services response

Gwendolyn- Our goal is to make managing home repairs easy, and we're delighted to hear that we've satisfied your home protection needs. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others!- Christine

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The claim process is smooth and I'm happy. One of the cooktops was not working. I put the work order online, paid a $100 deductible and they approved. The techs came within a 72-hour timeframe. They ordered the parts and the next week, they replaced the parts. But the first time I ordered, my work order was given to E.R. Appliance and they sucked. They didn't have any respect. They ordered and replaced the parts of my fridge but it was still not working. So I called them and they said, "Okay, we’re gonna do additional work.”. I called Cinch and they said okay. After that, I waited one more month and E.R. doesn't receive my phone calls. I called with my wife's number and they received that. Then, the rep hung up. They don't have the minimum honor for the customer. For one month, my fridge was not working. I have a baby who drinks milk so it was so bad at that time. I ended up with another service pro and they fixed my fridge right away.

I definitely recommend Cinch. It's very good. It's easy to put in the work order.

Cinch Home Services response

Monjur, We're glad we had the opportunity to make things right when you had an issue with one of our service providers. We strive to make your home management needs easy and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

My sewer was all backed up. Cinch did a good job at getting someone there at eight o'clock the next morning. I appreciate that. But I didn't realize that it worked where I had to give $100 not speaking to anybody to tell them what my problem was. Otherwise, it wouldn't go any further. When the plumber came, he was a nice guy. But he said to me, if I couldn't find the cover in the ground of the sewer, I had to go on the roof and Cinch would not pay for it.

That day, he couldn't find it. The plumber didn't look hard enough for the ground cover. He poked a little bit around with his poker thing and said, “I can't find it.” I found it digging it up a week later where it was because I had to have it snaked out again. Now I have to have the sewer pipes replaced. Apparently, there are roots in there. The previous owner never disclosed that when I bought the house. He's denying it but the plumber said there’s enough proof, that he knew. So I had an out pocket between $100 to Cinch and the 295 to him. It cost me 395 that day for him to snake it. Then within days, the sewer was all backing up again. I wasn't too happy having to dish out the 395 after moving in here. Days later, I ended up calling Babe’s Plumbing out. They had a better snaking machine and went to the ground and got it out. I'm having whole sewer pipes replaced this Thursday.

I also can't reach anybody when I have a problem with Cinch. I also have to pay that $100 upfront before they send me the next form of what's wrong. I was just a little deterred by that because it was an emergency. Everything was backing up and the toilet was overflowing because the sewer pipe was backed up. But I'm happy I have Cinch. In case something else goes wrong, I hope it works a little differently.

Cinch Home Services response

Bill, I’m sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our automated system. We are always working to improve our customer experience and we appreciate the feedback you provided. We’re happy to hear that overall you’ve been pleased with your experience. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Cinch is so worth it. We had put out life savings into putting our downpayment on our home. I forgot about the warranty within the first few minutes. So when the flood happened, I was crying. I knew to call my homeowners insurance, which took care of the risk mitigation. They sent the water mitigation company. What I did not know was that it didn't cover the plumbing piece of it. I was in tears going, “How am I gonna afford a plumber and get this fixed? Then, I remembered Cinch warranty. When I reached out to Cinch, found out that it was covered, and paid the $100. They sent a plumber right out and it was fixed right away. I will be extending my warranty.

One time though, we had a washer and dryer delivered. We were getting all new appliances. I needed to know if they covered the hardware that goes to the wall for the plumbing to the washer. The guy was afraid that he might break it. Luckily, that did not happen. But had it happened, I didn't know if it was covered or not. So when I called for a coverage question, everywhere I turned, I couldn't get to a person. It was like, “Credit card number for your deductible.” I was like, “I need to just ask a question.” Other than that, it was perfectly fine. The contractor that was in their group is a well-known contractor around here and they did a great job. They fixed the problem right away.

Cinch Home Services response

Shaunta, We understand how stressful managing home repairs can be and we're delighted Cinch has given you peace of mind by helping alleviate the financial burden of costly repairs. We strive to ensure our customers have a seamless experience and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: May 8, 2022

The hot water heater flooded the basement and we called it in to Cinch. The service guy came out and replaced it, and now, it’s working great. We haven’t used Cinch too often but the whole program works fine. We haven’t had any issues with anything. As long as everything is smooth and operate like this last situation, everything is good with us. My wife keyed everything in on the internet and someone from the company reached out to us and everything went fine.

Cinch Home Services response

Philip, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Our mission is to ensure an efficient, straightforward process and we are glad to know that we delivered on that promise and your water heater issue was resolved quickly. Thank you for being a valued member of Cinch Home Services! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 8, 2022

The services with Cinch were good. They worked on the stove and they gave very good service and good customer service. As far as submitting a claim, I call customer service and I just put in my request. I've never had any problem. They gave me the name ad the phone number of the company that was coming out. I called them myself and scheduled the appointment. The customer service doesn't do it, which is better, because I get to choose my appointment on my own. The contractors have been really good. I wish I had known the name of the man that fixed my stove. He's been here twice and I really liked him. I talked to him over the phone, and he was really courteous and understanding. He explained what he was doing and what was wrong.

Cinch Home Services response

Jeannette, We appreciate that you have taken the time to share this feedback. Our mission is to assign the right technician in your time of need, and we are glad to hear that your experiences reflect that. Your feedback regarding the technician who addressed your stove has been forwarded to the appropriate department. Thank you for being a valued homeowner with Cinch! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 7, 2022

I don't like Cinch as much as I do TotalProtect. They seemed like they weren't too happy to help me. Sometimes, I get people who don't really understand the service. They're telling me one thing and I'm telling them another thing. My furnace had been bad ever since last year. They said, "Well, it's April now, and everybody's having their air condition done. So you have to do that next time when it gets to fall." So I had to wait until fall came. When fall came, they sent different people out here and some of them didn't show up. I couldn't get my money back, because they said, "Well, somebody has already been here. And once they come to your house, you can't get your money back." I said, "Yeah but the tech didn't do anything". They told me, "Well, we'll have to send you somebody else out." That somebody else said, "We do not go up under the house". But that's where my furnace is.

Cinch sent me somebody else but it took them so long to replace things until they finally got it right. So, I was cold for a whole month. But the techs really found out what was wrong, even though they had to replace everything individually. They got to the last part where they had to order a new board and once they ordered that, everything was straightened out.

Cinch Home Services response

Annie, Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. It is important that we recognize when we have fallen short of our mission to provide exemplary service. Please know that we have an unwavering commitment to be there in your time of need and will use this information to make sure we get it right in the future. We are glad to know that the issues with your heat system have been resolved. Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 7, 2022

I'm enjoying Cinch very much. All my calls have been answered and successful. I had one claim and I didn't have any problem with that claim.

Original review: May 6, 2022

My experience with them has been good but there was one claim that I had a complaint about. That was because the provider who did the work was told that he didn't fill out all the forms. Therefore, we spent over $1,000 of our own money repairing this hot water heater. I paid the $75 deductible twice and neither time did they come through with money to the service provider. I really feel bad about that. Other than that, I can't complain. I've always had them for years. I like the convenience of knowing that if something goes wrong in the home, then they can get it taken care of for me.

Cinch Home Services response

Suzanne- Thank you for taking the time to share. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We are working daily to improve all processes, and ensure our customer's receive the full benefit of their warranty. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Sincerely, Christine

Cinch Home Services Company Information