4.87/5
  • 1 star
Based on 178 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

291 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Initially had major difficulties when submitting my claim and decided to cancel my warranty contract. However, after speaking with Jackie a customer care representative in the corporate office I was reassured that any future problems I may experience with filing a claim would be addressed and timely resolved by contacting the corporate office. I would like to add that I spoke with several representatives in the corporate office and found them all to be helpful and responsive in helping to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion. I am trusting that I made the right decision to continue my contract with ARW.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Dryer - I got a call saying that they would be here about 15 minutes. He got here in 20 which I thought was great. He got read to it, found the problem, fixed it in a matter of 20 minutes, he was in and out. The only thing I didn’t like was he didn’t hook up the dryer vent back up and put the screw in but that was no biggie. Thank you American Residential for proving to me that you are a very good company to deal with.

Hi David,

Thank you for the feedback, we are glad we were able to resolve the issue with the dryer. We apologize that our technician did not hook the vent back up! If something like this ever happens again please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The lid will not unlock after the wash cycle is complete - this is the second occurrence within 6 months. Finding it difficult to schedule a maint tech to fix the problem, Chris suggested a new machine be delivered. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear the unit was replaced.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Service was 5 star from start to finish. Response to call was timely and courtesy. Would recommend to family, friends and Or enemies. Thanks again for being there for me. Need to get set up with heating & air conditioning company in Colbert county, Alabama.

Hi James,

Happy to hear that you would even recommend us to your enemies! Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My decision to choose American Residential Warranty was extremely wise. My first claim was quickly resolved! I am definitely recommending to neighbors and friends. Customer service was efficiently with returned phone calls and follow up emails to ensure my total satisfaction.

Hi Roy,

Happy to hear everything went well with your recent claims experience. If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Excellent job. Had no problems. Everything was fixed. Contractor came out at a decent time. He was very polite and professional. Company was very professional. They called before they came out. Company arrived on time. Had no problems with them when they can. They cleaned up after their self.

Hi Eumekia,

We appreciate the feedback from your recent service experience. If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

They replaced the wires in the attic that burned due to an electric short in the heating system. Did an outstanding job. Thank you. I would recommend to a friend which I have already done. I will give him the information this weekend. I told him that he would be very happy with you all. His name is Tim **. Hope this helps you all. Thanks again.

Hi Linda,

We are happy to hear the technician was able to resolve the problem with you heating system. Please let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The service man that came Arbery address was Very professional in all of the services provided. Thank you for all your help. I would very much recommend American Residential Warranty to anyone who might ask about the services that you provided.

Hi Albert,

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the recent repair company assigned to your service request. If we can be of assistance in the future, please do no hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

So far my evaluation of American Residential Warranty is very good. My claims have been responded to promptly and the technicians have been most professional and friendly. Therefore I have recommended the company to other friends and family. I like that the company policy precludes increases of the original contract rate due to frequency of service calls, unlike some home warranty providers. Keep up the good work and I will continue our relationship.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for the feedback on your plan and recent service request. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My experience with American Residential Warranty is very important to me. Customer service was a nice. Gave me a professional heating cooling company that came out ASAP to fix my heat. Experience with Consumer Heating was very professional, on time and friendly and explained everything to me. American Residential is there in a time of need.

Hi Sharon,

Glad to hear you were satisfied with the recent service experience. Your feedback is very important to us. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am very pleased with the service provided by the technician and the American Residential Warranty. I would recommend the services to any of my friends and family. The customer service was exceptional and have enjoyed speaking with many representatives.

Hi Lillian,

Glad to hear that our technician was able to address the problem in your home. Please call us anytime.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had problem ordering online, I was lucky to get on the phone. Chloe ** she was the best. She took her time and after she try few times and about 45 minutes later she was able to order the oven for me. She need to be recognised for the good work. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Had a leaky hot water heater. Came out right away with a great plumber and solved the problem right away! Great experience. Very professional! They worked fast and found the trouble right away. A $200 bill covered with the modest deductible. I highly recommend this coverage. Easy to sign up and already saved $150.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

American Residential/the warranty group home warranty company has failed to provide me with a repair on my stove for the past three weeks. They keep giving me phone numbers to local contractors to make the repair and when I call their contractors they refuse me service. I'm shocked that a home warranty company have their customers do their footwork for them and why the contractors they refer do not want to have anything to do with them. I've contacted three different contractors that were referred to me by my home warranty and none of them want to deal with this company. This has been my experience with the customer service of this company or better way of putting it would be the customer service is nonexistent. I guess having their customers go without a major appliance for three weeks is an acceptable practice.

Hi Mohamad,

We show you spoke to a member of our customer care team after this review was posted. Our records indicate the issue was resolved. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Service was exceptional. The company personnel were very polite and performed the work in a timely fashion. I would not hesitate recommending this program to my friends. I have used this service on 3 occasions and the repairs were made without issue.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The A/C went out, a quick phone call to ARW, and the contractor was calling 10 minutes later. They were out the next day, with an easy resolution, and a cool house. I have used many warranty companies, but I would say that American Residential Warranty are very easy to use, and very convenient.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I called for a plumber to fix a garbage disposal, was told they didn't have any in my area. Also was told I'd have to find my own and they would reimburse me. Had to mail a copy of the invoice to them and have heard nothing. ARW is supposed to have contractors in place when I call for assistance, but they haven't kept their end of the agreement, and their customer service is very poor in taking care of these issues. Have been a customer for 6 years, but won't be for 7 years. Anyone out there who is considering this company needs to save their money for another company who will honor their part of the agreement.

Hi Susan,

We are glad we were able to come to a solution to resolve you claim. We apologize again for the experience you had when using our service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Ac repair - The service was outstanding. The repairman was very nice and he explain everything he did. The agent at American Residential explain everything that would happen and was very nice. I would recommend American Res. Warranty to my friends. I got everything they said I would get.

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for the feedback. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

After the dryer repairman had three visits to my house, each time ordering a new part, at the end he said it was unfixable. He called your representative who immediately said, "Absolutely. Let's go forward." I called him back with my Visa for the difference and said do it please! Plain white, no frills dryer and it was done! Thanks!!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The technician was name Jim, and he was very familiar with furnace repairs. Jim informed me of his findings and advised me of what need to be done and when he would be back to complete the work. He came back in the time he stated and completed the work. My furnace is working good and I am please with the repair.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I’ve been with American Residential Warranty ever since 2012 and I’ve gotten nothing but the highest customer service ever. I will rate them a 10 out of 10 and I will refer all my friends to be a part of American Residential Warranty. I love it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

The persons that came from Southern Comfort were professionals, answered all questions assured me my Air conditioning unit would be fixed and what the problem was. They had to repair the motor which took a few days but was able to do it that following morning.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We will never recommend them or buy warranty coverage from them again! After waiting about a week for them to send a technician we were recommended by them to find our own technician and pay out of pocket and assured us we would be fully reimbursed. Three months later they haven't approved our claim fully and say they cannot cover us due to the age of our water heater. Then why have warranty coverage in the first place? By far the worst company in the industry we had the misfortune of doing business with.

Hi Nancy,

It seems the payment was sent to the incorrect address on file. This has been corrected, please expect payment in 7-10 business days.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have no problem with American Residential whenever I need to use your services. They take care of thing right away and so far your contractors have been good. I love American Residential and I recommend you to everyone I know.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The Best Customer Service Awards goes to Mr. **. ** was calling to follow up with me on a totally different issue. Once I explain my situation to him, he sprung into action and researched my issue. He resolved an issue that I had for over a month less than 24 hours.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am extremely disappointed in the service provided by American Residential Warranty. I purchased coverage primarily for my heating unit. I explained to the salesperson what my unit consisted of. Months down the road, I have an issue. I call in to obtain support, and they inform me that my heating system is not covered.

I request a refund and they proceed to tell me about all the other great services that they have and refuse to provide me with a refund. I need to purchase a new warranty with a company that can provide coverage for what I need covered. This company appears to have put profit before the customer's needs. As a disabled veteran, who lives on a very tight budget, I would never recommend this organization to anyone. They clearly are in the business of making a profit/sale vs ensuring that they are providing a service that is needed. I feel scammed.

Hi Marizia,

Thank you for contacting us about the recent issue with your service request. We understand you spoke with our customer care team and we did advise that your heating system is covered. Our records indicate we are currently waiting on an invoice from your service provider. Thank you,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Just letting you all know I'm always satisfied with your customer service and the agency you all recommend. The response is always next day service and vendors always call when en route and always on time. American Residential Warranty always call after to make sure I'm satisfied and service was done. Thank You All so much.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had a emergercy situation that needed attention on a Sunday which result to me calling a emergercy plumber not affiliated with American Residential Warranty because they did not have anyone available. Overall the customer service I received was great and they stood by their word to reimburse me for the work done that I had to come out the pocket with.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I received a new washer because my old washer could not be repaired. I LOVE my new washer. It is larger and more efficient than the old washer. Working with American Residential Warranty has been great. I am very satisfied and always tell my friends about this company. I have recommended this company to several of my friends. Thank you again for great service.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Filed claim 07-12-17 and was completed on 09-18-17. ARW ended up replacing dishwasher, I had a black top of the line Kenmore, and it was replaced with a White PGE cheap plastic looking noisy, single wheel instead of dual double. I was told when I put my complaint in I would receive a call from management and I am still waiting. I am canceling service with ARW. I would not recommend.

Hi Gloria,

We are sorry to hear about the experience you had. Please let us review the account to determine what happened.

American Residential Warranty Company Information