toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had a great experience in handling my problem about my account. Charmaine was especially helpful in my satisfaction of service and her manager Danielle help make things even better. I have referrals and I'm going to continue to get more because of the service that I have from this company and I believe in it.

Dear Donald,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is so glad to hear about your experience with our services! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

This was the first time I used our insurance with American Residential Warranty, and we were totally pleased with our experience. From the time I placed the service request until the repair of my washing machine was completed, I spoke with courteous people, and the repair was made promptly. Thank you very much! We plan to add items to our plan in the future.

Dear Keith,

Thank you, and have a great day!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 14, 2017

Technician was on time for the repair. Fixed refrigerator for the issue at hand and also looked into any other possible issues. No other issues were found. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family. I am always pleased with their service.

Frigidaire: Fix everything works good and the washer. Yes I will tell a friend they did everything fast and did what they say they are going to do and work with you on your payment. They do not let you down. The people are good to work with the plans are good.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the feedback. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

My claim was reviewed at several levels, then a delay by heavy scheduling and my actions, we could not be happier at the final result. At all stages your staff were helpful and courteous. Thank you. Have good days and better time off.

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for the feedback. If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Professional, nice and got the job done. Due to bad weather state of emergency on my initial repair date we had to cancel which was handled in a very professional way because he was willing to still come out in bad weather. Next day he was on time and took care of my issue in no time. Thanks.

Hi Allen,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Have had the home warranty coverage for several years and any claim I have made has been handled with exemplary customer service. Have never had to wait for any extended time on hold and all claims have been handled expediently. I would highly recommend American Residential to anyone interested in acquiring a home warranty.

Hi Carbette,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

The plumber called before arriving to state he was en route. He arrived in time. He replaced my broken garbage disposal, showed me the part and what the issue was. He was very friendly and worked very quickly. The area was left clean and tidy when he left.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for the feedback. If we can be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

A/C then Dryer Repair: Thankful for home warranty to minimize home maintenance costs. American Home Warranty responds well to calls when we have concerns. Used for three years now and recommend them to others. I am unable to do repairs myself and neither is my disabled husband.

Hi Janis,

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Washer machine would not complete cycle. The repairman was courteous, on time and skillful. Once the problem was discovered, the technician did his magic. The machine is working again. Now I have peace of mind. I would recommend your services. Great job!

Hi Rina,

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I needed badly fixing my AC unit. It was on July, the hottest month of the year in Las Vegas. First company related to the company insurance could come only the next day. The Insurance company was able enough to give me second choice which worked right away to my satisfactory. Thank you, American Residential Warranty. You "saved me"' that day.

Hi Miaika,

Thank you for reaching back out to us regarding the washing machine, I understand you spoke with our replacement team and they are awaiting your response regarding replacement options. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I submitted claim a few weeks ago regarding my WASHING MACHINE, DISHWASHER, & FRIDGE. During the 1st phone call that I received from 1 of your agents, I was told that my WASHER would be replaced with a new washer that was comparable to what I already have. I made a follow-up phone call on Thursday, 8/31/17 and was told that my washer was not going to be replaced at all, but instead I would receive a check for $200.00. As you know $200.00 is not enough for anyone to purchase a new washer. I am very disappointed.

After making my monthly payments for close to a year towards the highest or 1 of the highest plans that you have to offer, and now to find out that I would only receive $200.00 when I was first told a replacement would take place is very discouraging. I would like to request: A replacement for my washer, that is comparable to my current washer. Or the dollar amount that will allow me to purchase a washer that is comparable to what I currently have. Thanking you in advance for your consideration concerning this matter.

Hi Cheryl,

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The gentleman that came out took his time and made sure he explained everything that needed to be done. He was very courteous & on time. My experience was such that I told my daughter about ya'll. I am very satisfied with the service and the lady I talked to on the phone to get the work order number started. I know when I need help with a product that needs working on, I can count on quick courteous service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Ricardo,

We are glad we were able to resolve the issue with the washing machine and were able to issue you a replacement. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I have use ARHW 3 times, once for my air conditioner, and twice for my washer. Air conditioner took 3 weeks to get someone out here to my home. I live in Calif where the temps are in the triple digits and I have a son with MS and heat is very bad for him, nothing American Residential could do to speed things up. Showed no compassion whatsoever. Next our washing machine went out, the balancing was off. We are a family of 7, 5 which are children. School was just about to start and again they could not get a tech out for another 2 weeks again, nothing sooner.

That was back at the end of July. We are now the last day in Aug and my washer claim has still not been satisfied. I have been calling a daily basis and seems like it's the same response... "We will get back to you by the end of the day." Never get that call, I have to call the next morning. Also someone by the name of Steve in there new accounts (where they reel in customers) is a huge liar, sold me a contract with a lot of promises and it turns out none is true. So disappointed and so upset that I got duped into this. If and when my washer gets fixed. I'm dumping this American Residential and going back to AHS. A lil more expensive on service calls, but hey like they say you get what you pay for. Lesson learned!!!

Rhonda,

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I am really impressed with American Residential Warranty. Since I started with them, I have had approximately 3 or 4 service calls. Each time they were prompt and the service technicians get the jobs done. The process is seamless and they are always willing and ready to take care of my needs!

Audrey,

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Every time that I have had to used my warranty everyone and everything has been great. I am glad that I have my warranty. The service people have always been very professional and I really appreciate that. I would recommend them to my family and friends. Thanks.

They arrived next day. The repairman was very professional and repaired my central AC unit within 20 minutes! I have American Residential Warranty coverage for my personal residence and several rental properties. Takes the headache out of being a landlord!

I love working with you guys. Every time I need something done it get done in a timely matter. Thanks again for all y'all help. I have also recommended at least 10 of my friends to join the Residential Warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Geraldine,

I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding when purchasing the policy. We are looking into your claims. Please expect a call from our Customer Care team within 24-48 hours.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Don't buy unless you want to pay for your repairs yourself. Details given during purchase call are not the truth. I was told I had a $55 deductible per incident then covered for repair and replacement. Purchased 3/27/17; effective 4/27/17. Called 3 times as follows: Ceiling fans listed as covered: problem was the remote that came with the fan. Not Covered. Hot water heater: covered for only $300 out of $1200 due to age of unit. Not mentioned when buying. Attic Fan: not covered. Cancelling immediately but will be charged $49 PLUS 4 months of coverage even though it's only been 3 months. They start from the purchase date, not the effective date. Their suggested solution: buy a more expensive plan. Not with their lousy service. I purchased from them in error. Their name is very similar to the company I wanted and was highly recommended: American Home Shield.

I wasn't sure if a home warranty would be helpful for our family, but ARW has helped us out several times in the last few years, and I have been very pleased that we have coverage. The customer service department is always friendly and knowledgeable, and getting home repairs and reimbursements is a very simple process. I have great confidence in this company, and feel secure knowing they are there if we need them!

The company responded immediately to all my requests and I've had no problems with my refrigerator since they came out and took care of the problem. The representatives was courteous and nice and very helpful when I talk to them about my problem.

We were so pleased with the timely responses in handling our claims. The workers were kind, considerate and respectful. I recommend your company to everyone with pride. I especially liked how the company called to make sure the claim had been settled and if not he made sure I was looked after.

The technician knew what the problem was right away and replaced the drain a better designed one. Cleared the ice from coils. Very professionally. The response time a little long about a week from reporting of problem to fixing the problem.

Phoned American Residential Warranty regarding problem with my garage door. The representative that took my information was very courteous and he gave me instructions regarding contacting the service person who would be fixing my door. The service person was very knowledgeable about the problem that I was having with my door. He put in a new garage door opener. My garage door is working well.

Response time, follow ups, professionalism, have been my experiences with ARW. Individual who respond to problems that I have been experiencing are caring and have completed all duties! I have friends that have recommended American Residential Warranty to me and I will be recommending American Residential Warranty to others!

Microwave died and no longer worked. We called customer service and they were knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. Sent out a repair man. Great repair service, very professional and courteous. We are truly glad we chose American Residential Warranty for our home warranty.

I can honestly say I'm usually let down by services like this, but American Residential Warranty is legit. They're timely, quick refunds, flexible, and actually do what they promise. I would recommend them as a partner to all homeowners. The service has already given me a positive return on my investment.

The response time was very fast. Service was excellent. Service technician was polite, and professional. Diagnosed the problem and took care of it. Explained what was wrong and what he did. Would very much refer the company to anyone. I found the experience pleasant and not stressful.

HI Janice,

We are happy we were able to work things out to a mutual resolution. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

My first experience with ARW was in July, 2017 when my toilet backed up. The plumber had to go outside the house to flush the line. I was then informed that ARW did not cover any plumbing services outside. I don't know why this was not covered. The plumber was excellent.

Found all very helpful with house warranty. It is always great to have the follow up to make sure that problem was solved to satisfaction. Thanks for checking to see if the job was completed and the service was done by the sub contractor.

American Residential was quick to put in a work order. The service technicians were very knowledgeable of the heater and air conditioner. They were prompt in getting to my home. Both units were repaired, and are working great. The warranty company is very affordable. I would recommend a friend.

My Dryer stopped working and my washer was making loud noises. After a technician serviced my dryer it dries in half the time and a check received for the washer. Service was prompt. Thank God for American Residential Warranty.

The burner on our Jenn-Air stove was on "high", no matter what level we set it. Initially your guy came out and diagnosed the problem, ordered a part, and scheduled a follow-up appointment two weeks later (which I thought was a long wait). The part arrived after a week, another of your repair guys showed up as scheduled, and repaired the stove in about 30 minutes. He did a good job, fixed the problem, and left no mess behind. I was very happy with the job that was done.

American Residential Warranty Company Profile