toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The service is amazing. They get things done. The people are wonderful. It's so useful. I would completely recommend it to everyone I know. Definitely worth the five stars. Service is so fast and easy. We love it. It's also pretty affordable.

When filing a claim for our washing machine, the methods of addressing the claim did not appear to be well known by the Claims Representative. The Claims Rep explained a check for the amount described in the contract is being processed. When I inquired about a replacement machine, the Claim Rep explained this is not an option. I took the opportunity to explain, both options (check or replacement + difference in money due by the customer) should be available. I asked to speak to a supervisor to help review the process and was passed over to another person who also was not aware of any other options due to the age of the washing machine.

I took the liberty to contact my original sales contact who was able to connect me with a Claims Resolution contact. Fast forward to the end, Chloe ** had all the answers and the solution that I expected from the start. I would like to recognize Chloe for her excellent service, communication and helping make this a positive customer experience.

The serviceman who came to my home performed his duty in a professional manner. He was also respective and conducted himself in a manner that could only bring credit to himself and both Sears and American Warranty Services. He showed his knowledge and skills in repairs of kitchen repairs and should I need another repair in his level I would hope that he would be the serviceman who came to my home.

Dear Michael,

American Residential Warranty would love to thank you for your feedback! It is our goal to supersede customers' expectations, and we are immensely glad to hear about your great experience. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future!

Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I'm extremely satisfied and well pleased with your company. I was with another warranty company prior to coming to American Residential Warranty and they don't even compare! I thought warranty companies were all just a rip off but boy was I wrong! The professionalism and the quality of the repairmen you dispatch are unsurpassed. I don't normally give reviews and quite frankly didn't believe them. I've always thought they were just insiders trying to hype up the company. This is no hype! I'm a customer who is well pleased! And I'm paying far less than I was with the other company. Wow!! Thank you and keep up the good work and professionalism!! A satisfied customer...

Dear John,

Thank you for your feedback! If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Service was on time and the tech was very polite and did not leave a mess. I was glad that it was not the machine itself. Great job! The tech was very knowledgeable of the product, did a complete operation check of machine prior to leaving.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Dear Bobbie,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We, at American Residential Warranty, do our best to assist each and every customer's request. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, Bobbie.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

On 12-27-2016, Quality Heating & AC plumbing technician arrived at my home to repair a running toilet in the master bathroom and leaking valves in the guest bathroom. He "repaired" both toilets. On 1-7-2017, I flushed the master bathroom toilet and brown, cruddy water ran over and out of the tank. I called Quality Heating & AC and got no answer; left several vm and kept getting disconnected. I was able to get AZ Plumbing Company to come to my house on 1-7-2017 in the afternoon to repair the broken toilet. AZ Plumbing repaired/replaced the valves and "donut". He stated that the replacement parts were not new as I was previously told. Following AZ Plumbing's instructions, I did not use the toilet for over 24 hours. I used the bathroom before leaving the house on Monday, 1-9-2017. When I returned home that evening, I stepped into a puddle of water in the vanity room and in the master bathroom.

I called American Residential Warranty (ARW) and informed them of everything that happened. Ms. ** informed me that I/Quality Heating & AC was initially approved for a new replacement toilet. So far, the plumbing matter has been resolved financially. I received partial reimbursement payment on 1-17-2017. I called Katy Plumbing and they in turn talked with ARW. ARW approved the company that I chose to handle my plumbing repairs on the spot! I want to especially thank Ms. Tamara ** and Mr. ** for treating my business like I really matter to them! Both Customer Service Specialists were extremely professional and attentive!

Was happy with the service and I love my new fan. He was professional and yes I would tell my friends about nice and easy. The fan is just what I wanted. The colors work well with my room and it is quiet. Once again I Thank you. I am glad I joined.

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience with American Residential Warranty. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Repairman called promptly. Arrived at appointment time. Was competent and diagnosed the problem and made the repair in less time than expected due to product knowledge and experience. Surprised me.

Dear Christopher,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Made two claims. One for my oven and another for my Heating system. The technician for the Heating system called me and wanted to come over when I was unavailable. I ask to schedule a time. He said he would call back and I never heard from him again. The tech called for the oven, made the appointment, arrived when he said he would, explained what he was doing and why, what part needs replacing. Very professional. He was in and out in 20 minutes.

The A&E Repairman, Will, was the perfect example of how a service provider should be. He was friendly and courteous, well-mannered and informative. He called ahead and notified us of his arrival time, identified himself, and was very respectful. He was able to troubleshoot, explain, and repair the dryer within a short, realistic period of time. We give Will the highest marks and hope he will be informed of his exemplary service! We would also like to thank American Residential Warranty for excellent service, scheduling, and follow-up quality assurance. We will continue to utilize and recommend your service to our friends. Family, and acquaintances! Thank you so much!

I had 2 to 6 appointment. They arrived at 8 pm so that was rather late but the job was done. So far my microwave is still working. This is a good service to have if you can afford the monthly payment. A service charge is to be paid as well.

I contacted ARW regarding my microwave not heating on the morning of December 5 to report the problem. The representative from ARW was polite and arranged for a Sears technician to come to my home in an effort to make repairs. The first available date was December 9, between 8 am and 12 noon. The technician arrived that morning at around 9 AM. He diagnosed the problem and ordered the appropriate part. The technician scheduled a return date to my home for December 20. The replacement part arrived more than one week earlier.

On December 20 I received an email message from Sears rescheduling the technician for December 30. I became extremely upset and contacted American Residential Warranty and complained about this delay. ARW representative apologized and immediately contacted a second repair service. They also contacted Sears and notified them of my dissatisfaction. Two days later the Sears technician arrived at my door to make repairs. I believe it was the action of American residential warranty representative that made the prompt response from Sears.

Technician was slow getting the part but after that everything was fine. After the technician came and diagnosed the problem he took several days before he sent the results to American Residential Warranty then he took several more days before he ordered the part then more days for the part to arrive.

Hi Ms. Riles,

We appreciate the feedback. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

12/10/16 - Contractors were present to fix/replace broken ceiling fan (mount dislodged from ceiling), and a light switch panel was burned out; replaced. Contractor needed add'l parts and such to complete the jobs. They rescheduled 12/17/16 to finish. We were satisfied with the work after it was completed. They did a good job.

I appreciate the fast and efficient service that we received with the repair of our upstairs heating system. It was imperative that we have this unit fixed as our children are coming home for the holidays. The technicians were fast and professional. Thanks.

The staff are nice, the technician know their business, some kind of fast work, maybe because take too long for the part to arrive but part should be sent faster. Well the job is done and good, very friendly and professional services and trusted.

The service man was on time. He checked the furnace quickly after hearing the problem. He said he had the part in his truck. He retrieved the part from his vehicle and replaced the old one. He was in and out quickly. I have no complaints and my furnace is working fine now. Thanks Residential Warranty.

The service was professional and he was on time and polite, and knowledgeable about the problem with the dishwasher. Before leaving he made sure that it was running without any problems. He asked if I had any questions or other concerns. He left the work area clean.

I would highly recommend American Warranty to my family and friends. Great customer service. I called to get my washer fixed then I had to recall the service. A technician came out to fix. My second call was on our Furnace. I was hoping the warranty would cover more than it did but at least it covered part of it.

Fast response time, both times, friendly, great experience. I liked getting the heads up calls regarding the times of the arrival of the service tech. And the follow-up call was greatly appreciated. Thank you so much American Residential Warranty.

The Frigidaire Affinity washing machine failed to complete a washing cycle and could not be restarted. I called American on Saturday morning and was pleasantly surprised to be able to schedule an appointment by Sears for the following Monday morning. The technician arrived and checked the machine and found the drum bearing dragging. The price for the repair was more than the machine was valued. He contacted American and they told him to tell me they would contact me about replacing the machine. Three days later, I got a call from an adjuster who told me they would send me a check for the replacement of the machine. I took the $460.00 check and paid it toward a new Maytag washer to replace the damaged one.

Service was quick, repairmen there one hour after reporting it, fixed and out in a very short time. He was very professional and friendly. Would recommend to family and friends. The repairman was very familiar with the equipment and recommended other info. I been with American Residental for years and recommended them.

I first had a problem with my plumbing. My toilets would not always flush. American Warranty was unable to get someone out to fix the issue but advised me to go ahead and find someone to do so. I was able to get a company to come out and ARW is going to cover the balance after the $55 dollar initial charge. My 2nd issue was with my refrigerator which was not cooling. They sent someone out and fixed the problem which required a second visit to replace a part. Only costing me the $55 dollar charge.

I have had my home warranty with ARW for a few years now but have not needed to use it and suddenly numerous things needed to be fixed. On each issue from electrical to plumbing when I called them in the customer service was terrific. Each problem has been fixed. Thank you so much ARW.

Hi Mrs. Stinson,

Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to look into your experience. Please expect a call form our customer care department within the next business day. We appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I had already had a negative experience with another company, so I was apprehensive about trying anyone else. When I first signed up with American Warranty, the rep was very pleasant, and seemed knowledgeable, but boy was in for some surprises. She told me about every plan they offered, and explained why the premium package would be the best choice for me. I asked what all my plan covered, so she began to tell me. I distinctly remember her saying that appliances were covered. If that was the case, I thought surely my issue would be one that the company would handle.

Well once the technician got to my house and looked at my washing machine, he explained that the problem was not covered, but that I was still expected to pay the service fee. Then he proceeded to try and call the company, and told them to call me, but I still haven't spoken to them. I am disabled and my husband is my sole means of support, so we definitely don't have money to give away. If I had to sum up the entire experience, I would say that I was lied too, and buyers beware and get a complete understanding of your plan.

Mr. Gilgenbach,

Please expect a call from our customer care department so we can identify where the problem occurred to ensure this does not happen on future service request. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you moving forward.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

The contractor was great!! He got right on the job and definitely knew what he was doing. The only issue I had was with waiting on hold to get approval. This should all be done prior to coming to my house. The contractor should just have to come over and do their job, collect the check from me and move on. ARW should also be doing the work to finding the contractor. This should not be left up to the customer to find one and then once we do find one go through this whole process to see if they qualify.

Had plumbing issues repaired with no problems and met my expectations. Nothing else to say other than it was repaired with no issues. Although I may cancel my service with your company due to misleading information provided when I signed up.

The service was quick and professional. The service provider was very friendly and professional. The refrigerator was not fixed, because the parts out priced a new unit. The company sent a residual check. Thank you. I will buy my refrigerator on Black Friday.

When I was told that the technician will be at my house between 9 and 12... I immediately thought 10 minutes to 12. He was there at 9:15. Surprisingly. He did what he had to do and out by 10. I was also told that the service will be fast and expertly done.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hello Mr. Coleman,

We are happy that we were able to resolve the misunderstanding with your garage door claim. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

The American Residential Warranty has not been a benefit or mind reliever for me. The claim on my garage door was not paid by the warranty and I had to pay out of pocket with a company I would not had selected. Trying to figure out how this service is working for me.

American Residential Warranty Company Profile