4.3/5 (211 ratings)
$34.99 to $124.99
Availability
50 states
Labor guarantee
30 days (60 days for parts)
Service fee
$55
View Plan
Call Center Open

About ARW Home

ARW Home provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. ARW Home has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

Pros

• Select your contractor
    • Electronics plan available
    • Nationwide coverage
    • Long-term contract not required

Cons

• Some systems have limited caps
    • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Bottom Line

ARW Home offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

Top ARW Home Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW rep...

Verified

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payment...

ARW Home plans

ARW Home is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
    • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
    • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
    • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
    • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

ARW Home cost

Plans from ARW Home range in cost from $34.99 per month to $124.99 per month. The average cost for a combo plan is $60 per month. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

ARW Home has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. ARW Home’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage monthly cost
    Heating and Cooling$39.99
    Kitchen Plus$34.99
    Platinum$49.99
    Platinum Premier$59.99
    4-in-1 Bundle$124.99

ARW Home coverage

The Platinum Premier package from ARW Home is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Plumbing internal parts
    • Plumbing wax seals
    • Pool/spa

ARW Home coverage exclusions

ARW Home does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via ARW Home's sample contract.

ARW Home coverage limits

ARW Home only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemARW Home’s coverage limit
    Plumbing advantage$500
    Well pump system$1,000

ARW Home claims

How to request service from ARW Home:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW Home online or over the phone.
    2. ARW Home will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
    3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
    4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
    5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW Home guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW Home will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW Home will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

ARW Home contractors: ARW Home gives customers the option to use an ARW Home approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW Home approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

ARW Home FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?

Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call ARW Home for prior authorization before starting work.

Can I get an ARW Home without signing a long-term contract?

Yes. ARW Home does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.

Is there a cancellation fee for ARW Home?

No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW Home within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW Home will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is ARW Home worth it?

ARW Home makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an ARW Home plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, ARW Home may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

ARW Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ARW Home?

Original review: July 5, 2022

The American Home Warranty was sold to me without the upfront verbal option to do the add on unit, as the representative inquired about my level of home (2 levels), including the number of units in my home (verbally informed of 2 units in home). At "NO" point did the representative educate/advise me of the add on unit option/cost, at which point would have allowed me the option to make the decision of the home warranty. This resulted in only (1) home unit being covered after 2+ years of having the coverage. Informed corporate, as advised to resolve matter by credit; add on to cover second unit (30) day wait period. Thank you for the resolution.

Hi Isia,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing ARW, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

ARW Home

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2022

When I lost my debit card given to ARW for the purpose of automatic monthly billing, I missed my payment for the month. Joel helped me set up my newly issued card and set payment for two days out (since no funds had yet been added to the account since receiving the newly issued card). Joel also sent me immediately at my request a statement of coverage for the warranty which I had requested in an earlier telephone call with a different representative but had not received. Joel was knowledgeable, courteous, helpful, and professional throughout our interaction. Based on this call I would recommend ARW for its customer service/billing department. The content of my review is not influenced by the small incentive received to write a review.

Hi Fred,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Joel was able to help with setting up your new card and providing your statement coverage. We appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

ARW Home

Original review: March 23, 2022

I called in to advise that I was canceling my service solely for the issue of an unauthorized automatic payment being debited from my credit card. I have manually called in my payments since I acquired your company 15 years ago. Needless to say I was beyond angry. I called in and the gentleman named Dominic answered the phone. He quickly advised me that there was an issue with this payment system after some type of an upgrade. With the upgrade he advised me that most of the customers were sent back to the reoccurring automatic schedule payment system including those who are not previously using the service.

I continue to vent and he continued to calm me down. After assuring me he will put a notation in the system that I will be back on the manual system next year, he sent confirmations and receipt to me by email. He then went on to advise me about a service for a monitoring system through ADT which I currently have. He asked me to reach out to the company to see about an upgrade to the monitoring system for a little to no increase to me. Wow what a difference that information made to me.

This gentleman was a GEM. He is truly an ASSET to your company. He literally stayed on that phone until he was sure that I was satisfied. I need someone to acknowledge that and let him know how he literally saved a customer from leaving your company and finding another for her needs. Dominic thank you thank you thank you. I hope I get you every time I call for payment. As a matter of fact. The company NEEDS to find that recorded conversation and use it for training purposes. Amazing customer service SIR DOMINIC.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Dominic was able to help with your payment issues, and we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I called ARW this morning to update the credit card information on file for ARW and spoke with Dominic in Florida to assist with that process. We completed that smoothly and began a discussion of enhancing my Platinum Premier plan with the Deluxe Add On services as well. Dominic was very helpful and knowledgeable in explaining what this will mean for me and I appreciated his bright attitude and helpful demeanor which is hard to come by nowadays with customer service. When the time comes that I may need to reach out again to ARW for assistance, I hope I'm able to work with him again, or at least someone just as helpful and understanding in meeting my needs. Thank you.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're pleased to know that Dominic was of great assistance with updating your credit card information. Please don't hesitate to call us anytime if you need help.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

We were being assisted by an ARW representative named Dominic today. He listened with an intent to problem solve and gave appropriate solutions. I found him to be endearing, amazingly polite, and he referred to my husband and I by our last name, also saying Ma'am at every conversation point. You could hear that he was either smiling or cheerful, which may be hard to do when people are calling about some sort of unhappy experience with their home. He stayed a model of employee professionalism throughout the service call, he even stayed on the line while transferring me to a different department so that I would have the live representative needed. All of this was without asking - Total winner and such an asset to American Residential.

Valued Customer,

Your review has made our day! We are happy to hear that we were able to help you with your problem. Dominic will be thrilled to have earned your excellent review. Thank you so much for trusting us with your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

My air conditioning stopped working on 10/11/2022. I filed a claim with American Residential Warranty and they scheduled the first provider for 10/13. The service provider came out and misdiagnosed it as a Thermal Expansion Valve (EVV Stepper Motor) and my claim was denied. After having the valve replaced the air conditioner did not work. The service provider then stated that my system would need to be replaced. I called ARW back to continue with my initial claim as this could still be covered under the initial claim. They stated they wanted a second opinion.

ARW then rescheduled the second opinion with the same initial provider. This delayed us again for a couple of days. I was then rescheduled with a new provider who canceled the day of expected service and a new one was rescheduled. After waiting another week the next company canceled and a new company was assigned. Finally, a provider was sent to my house on 11/8 who again stated that it was a Thermal Expansion Valve (EVV Stepper Motor) so my claim was denied again. I am now in the endless call tree loop of trying to get someone that can speak without a heavy accent and just tell me something other than "I'm just reading the notes". I have tried to get this escalated however I am being bounced through various phone trees all leading back to the initial provider coordinator that can not do anything other than submit a service request to providers.

The weather has been hot and humid since October and with little kids trying to sleep in a 92-degree house at night it has been miserable. It's gotten so hot a couple of days that I rented a local room as the little ones began feeling sick from the heat. This is the worst customer service I have had from a company. When they were selling me this warranty I was being emailed and called on a regular basis and now that I need the services I am left here unable to get the service I was promised. When they denied my claim the first time they only needed one opinion now that it's possibly something they are on the hook for they want a second opinion.

I am being told that I need to pay an additional $55 dollars if I want to open a new claim to get someone to look into my case. I don't want to pay someone another $800 to replace the same part that was replaced the first time and did not fix the issue. I just need someone that can do something other than just "read the notes"(I have seriously heard that phrase so many times) PLEASE HELP!!! Warning to anyone shopping for a warranty company the sales team is located in Florida and will promise you top-tier customer support however the "customer support" you will deal with is most likely outsourced somewhere outside the country and can only "read the notes".

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

The sales person mentioned their company had a Kitchen Plus program and stated it was $45.81 a month with a 30 days review. After receiving an email with the declaration of coverage listed I found out the washer/dryer was an additional item that I was not aware of and the monthly fee was changed to $49.80. I decided I did not really need this home protection service agreement. Cancelling was not easy and was told it would take 30 days for a refund.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

The rep sold me on the idea of having American Residential Warranty and I decided to try it. However, I don't think they explained to me how to submit a claim if I need to.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

American Residential Warranty's service fee is lower. The sales rep had a nice conversation with me. He was professional and personable. I called back and spoke to someone else, and they were just as good.

Hi Kathy,

We appreciate the kind words and are glad we could provide you with a positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Signing up with American Residential Warranty was simple. I told them what I wanted, and they told me what they had and the pricing. I just did a claim on the refrigerator. The technician came out when he said he was going to come which was Thursday, looked at our refrigerator-freezer, and said he'd be back the following Thursday with the parts that were needed. My wife was satisfied with the visit. He was very nice and easy to work with. He told her what was wrong.

ARW Home Company Information