toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very happy with the service. The tech. was prompt. He was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain his finding and what it took to fix the problem. I would recommend this company to anyone searching for a residential warranty.

My recent experience with your company has been very good. Although we started off a bit slow with waiting for the company to reach out to us & when your water heater is leaking water everywhere, that makes for a tense situation. The gentleman who came to fix it was VERY professional & courteous. He was very knowledgeable and the service was top notch. I have recommended American Warranty to my friends and family.

Everything was handled very professional. Appliance Care was very knowledgeable with our make and model of our refrigerator and was able to t/s it with the fault codes over the phone, make repair within an hour once they received the parts.

When filing a claim for our washing machine, the methods of addressing the claim did not appear to be well known by the Claims Representative. The Claims Rep explained a check for the amount described in the contract is being processed. When I inquired about a replacement machine, the Claim Rep explained this is not an option. I took the opportunity to explain, both options (check or replacement + difference in money due by the customer) should be available. I asked to speak to a supervisor to help review the process and was passed over to another person who also was not aware of any other options due to the age of the washing machine.

I took the liberty to contact my original sales contact who was able to connect me with a Claims Resolution contact. Fast forward to the end, Chloe ** had all the answers and the solution that I expected from the start. I would like to recognize Chloe for her excellent service, communication and helping make this a positive customer experience.

The contractor was great!! He got right on the job and definitely knew what he was doing. The only issue I had was with waiting on hold to get approval. This should all be done prior to coming to my house. The contractor should just have to come over and do their job, collect the check from me and move on. ARW should also be doing the work to finding the contractor. This should not be left up to the customer to find one and then once we do find one go through this whole process to see if they qualify.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Had plumbing issues repaired with no problems and met my expectations. Nothing else to say other than it was repaired with no issues. Although I may cancel my service with your company due to misleading information provided when I signed up.

The serviceman who came to my home performed his duty in a professional manner. He was also respective and conducted himself in a manner that could only bring credit to himself and both Sears and American Warranty Services. He showed his knowledge and skills in repairs of kitchen repairs and should I need another repair in his level I would hope that he would be the serviceman who came to my home.

The service was quick and professional. The service provider was very friendly and professional. The refrigerator was not fixed, because the parts out priced a new unit. The company sent a residual check. Thank you. I will buy my refrigerator on Black Friday.

When I was told that the technician will be at my house between 9 and 12... I immediately thought 10 minutes to 12. He was there at 9:15. Surprisingly. He did what he had to do and out by 10. I was also told that the service will be fast and expertly done.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Mr. Coleman,

We are happy that we were able to resolve the misunderstanding with your garage door claim. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

The American Residential Warranty has not been a benefit or mind reliever for me. The claim on my garage door was not paid by the warranty and I had to pay out of pocket with a company I would not had selected. Trying to figure out how this service is working for me.

I have been very pleased with their prompt service. I don't wait forever to have them fix something. If they can't fix it they replace your merchandise. I would recommend them to anyone that is not handy or just doesn't have the time to call around for a service man. I've been with American Residential for about a year and they are a respectable company. The people they hire to do repairs are polite and responsible.

Professional Garage Doors was the repair company that came out to service our garage door opener. The serviceman, Larry, was very polite and accommodating. When our garage door opener could not be repaired, he installed a new one just as the warranty stated would happen in this type of situation.

This was my first time using American Residential Warranty. The repair person arrived at the time he promised. He was extremely courteous. Did the repair job in record breaking time and cleaned the work area when the job was completed. I was very satisfied with the service.

In the past I called and requested service on the primary pan, I was told pans were not covered. A service ticket was created even though it was not covered. No tech dispatched. When I called for service on my outside unit, was told the pan had to be fixed first. Why do you care if it is not covered? The pan had nothing to do with the service request I was making on the outside unit. We had to suffer through unreasonably hot temperatures, for a week. I have 2 elderly family members and a pregnant daughter in my house. To me this was unacceptable.

The A/C went out and American Residential was out the next day and fixed it. The two young technicians were so nice and knowledgeable. This was so important because my mother had surgery and could not be moved at the time. We were very grateful they could get to our problem so fast!

The service was excellent!!! The service man was very friendly and professionally did his job in a reasonable time. Explains everything to me in detail. Would recommend that company to my family and friends. Your service person arrived on time and every thing went well, Thank you for your service, Have a pleasant day.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hi Ms. Moore,

We were happy that we were able to address the issue you had with your service experience. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

American Residential warranty

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

At this time having problems with contractor saying they're not getting approval. In the meantime we are cold. Contractor came yesterday said just need a blower and would be back. If didn't come back it means he would have to order. Called warranty group this morning to see what was holdup and found out it's the contractor not giving warranty group diagnosis. This changes how I feel now that I know it's not warranty group.

We were very pleased with the repair of our leaking pipe. The young men who did the work were very pleasant and informative about what they were doing. If we had a similar problem, we would grateful to have them do the work.

I called with my problem (no hot water). They immediately gave me a claim number and found a repairman to check it out, and they kept calling to make sure problem was being taken care of. During this time it was a hurricane going on in Florida where center is and with Matthew destroying Florida, I still now have hot water. Thank you.

Our water heater and dishwasher broke in our rental home. Our landlord has a warranty. Now usually with anything that has to do with warranties it will take forever. This was the total opposite. Fast response time. Like same day. Friendly people. Very helpful. Would recommend to anyone looking for a warranty.

Our AC unit failed to blow cold air so we contacted ARW. They promptly provided me with the name of a contractor to service our unit. The contractor was able to arrive within 3 hours of the initial contact, performing the needed repair in about 20 minutes. Cold AC in Arizona is a necessity, so we were grateful for the expedite service.

I have used American Residential Warranty for several of my appliances (Dishwasher, Stove, Oven, Refrigerator) and they have always been very responsive to my problems with my appliance. And my appliance gets fixed. I am very glad I have ARW.

Resolution In Progress

Ms Smith,

We are happy we were able to work with you to come to a resolution on the heating claim you placed with American Residential Warranty. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

On 10/21/16, I called the 1-800-341-3624 to file a claim on my heating problem. I was disconnected twice before I spoke with a staff. After taking my information, I was instructed to call Tson ** @ ** after being given a claim #**. After calling this number, the owner informed me that they did not service this area because the distance was too far (only 20-25 minutes) from my residence. I contacted American Residential Claim again to share this information. They asked me did I know of anyone which I did not.

I was instructed when I was referred by a friend who I shared and referred 2 other friends that your company would locate someone to do the work. I feel mislead. Your employee went on to say they had 24-48 hours to locate someone to come out to my house and would call me back. I called again to follow up on 10/22/16. Again was hung up on and finally connected. Spoke with a staff on 10/22/16 who again said someone will reach out to me later this date. Today is 10/23/16 and still no response. If you are not going to stand by your promise, I need to look for another warranty company and not continue allowing you to take money out of my account monthly and not give me the service. If I am not satisfied, my friends also need to reconsider.

Updated on 10/31/16: No longer sure how to rate my circumstance with the inconsistency and the mix messages. Spoke with Ron @ 1-800-346-1247 X ** through several phone calls last week. I assumed everything was worked out. Ron was unable to locate a service provider in my area who was willing to come to my house, stating the distance was the reason. Although I do not believe their reasons was accurate.

I am 25 minutes from one service provider and 30 from the second. Your company only have 2 providers in this area. Other providers would charge a diagnostic get up from, which was more than your agreed $55 deductible. Ron said I would not have to pay the deductible of $55 toward my heating problem. Received a check and the deductible of $55 was taken out. I feel this is very misleading because as I went over the contract with Ron, he admitted other customers had complaint about the service contract and information given over the phone.

Good day American Residential Warranty... I am grateful for having all of the warranty services you offer. I would've paid an arm and leg if I hadn't been covered with the warranty and we know our home insurance isn't paying for the repairs of any home appliances, electrical, plumbing and electronic devices {tv, soundbar and components/bass box, laptops, etc}... you refer the best companies to get the job done in a professional manner. They call within 24 hrs after I requested a claim and at my home within 48 hrs. I just want to say thank you for providing the highest quality standards of home warranty services.

The hurricane ripped my panel off my unit outside. I called American and I was given 3 names to call for service. The 1st co. did not get back to me until beginning of the week. The Best Co., Harry Bennett - owner called me back right away! They sent a wonderful guy Ezariah and he fixed my problem! Cleaned up after himself and very respectful!!! I was VERY HAPPY! Thanks to all who were involved with my case especially since it was the weekend of the hurricane! So worth having this insurance!! I've told many friends & neighbors!

I reported the claim made an appointment with the repair company and they came out replaced my garbage disposal and it is working perfectly. The second time I've Reported a claim with this company and I would recommend it to anyone. The service is outstanding.

When I contacted ARW the customer service individual was extremely helpful. The repairman that serviced our refrigerator was very knowledgeable and helpful. This overall experience was very satisfactory.

I love the warranty. I made a claim. Same day made an appointment for the people to come out and they came out the same day.

I am happy with the outcome. My Refrigerator was fixed. Thank you: A. R. W. Looking forward to continue business with you guys. Also I will advocate for A.R.W. I will recommend you guys to all of my homeowner's friends. Thank you again!!!

No response received

Hi Mr. White,

We have followed up with a private response so we can further discuss your service request in detail. We look forward to speaking with you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

Every time I need make claim it not cover, always don't cover that. I had top package. It always changes. Look for new company.

American Residential Warranty Company Profile