toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Keith,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is so glad to hear about your experience with our services! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Technician was on time for the repair. Fixed refrigerator for the issue at hand and also looked into any other possible issues. No other issues were found. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family. I am always pleased with their service.

Dear Maria,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 11, 2017

Both men were on time and very knowledgeable. Took time to explain problem. Also, suggested things that could prevent future problems. Upon leaving stated for me to call if problem returned and left no trash. A/C rep explained my thermostat.

Dear Carole,

Original review: April 10, 2017

I have had several service calls in with my American Residential Warranty. I have been most satisfied with everything from my first call to the company, with the vendors that have come to my home to correct my issues and the follow-up service checking to see if everything was to my satisfaction. I have recommended American Residential Warranty to several of my family members.

Dear Curtis and Jenell,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 18, 2017

Our freezer had stopped working and all the food in it had thawed. We called American Residential Warranty, they said they could have Sears come out in two days, or another company could come the next day. We have full confidence in Sears, so, we picked Sears to come out. The technician came in, ran a diagnostic on it and found out that a filter was plugged up. He had the part in his van and replaced it and the freezer started working. We had just gotten the warranty a month earlier. My husband spoke to ARW and said they were so nice and helpful. We hope nothing else goes wrong, but, if it does, we have the warranty. Best thing we ever did.

Dear Francis,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 17, 2017

My dishwasher and garbage disposal were not getting power. The tech came out and solved the problem quickly and professionally. The tech was friendly and polite. I had an electrician out prior to calling your service and he informed me that he would have to tear out a wall to solve the problem. This was not the case.

Dear Sandra,

Original review: April 14, 2017

Your prices and services are good. But you have only one plumber in my area, which is rather large. And they are not up to good rating. But I have no other choice, with only one to choose from. But thanks for your service. Please enlist more if you can.

Dear Frederica,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your dishwasher claim. Thank you for allowing us to look into your claim in order to resolve the matter. I show that we have rescheduled the service with Liberty Appliance for Monday April 24th from 8-12. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have called now 3 times to have my dishwasher repaired. The company they use PM Appliance never called and when I called them they said they needed AR to book an appointment. So then I called back. The customer service rep said that no it should be between me and PM but she called and left a message for them to call me. I waited almost a week. Finally I called them and left another message and then called back to AR. I asked if I could use another company, that when I looked up PM in Yelp they had 1 star and horrible reviews. She said I could go with another company but I would have to wait until May 1st. This is ridiculous. I am very disappointed.

Dear Angela,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 12, 2017

The phone staff was very helpful and pleasant. I was connected to good referral companies. The referral company responded quickly and was very professional. The repair person was pleasant and completed the work very quickly and maintain a very professional demeanor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Responsive and fast turn around from contractors. The insurance has caps on replacements and repairs. I will recommended if your appliances and not that old and will not require a full replacement of the unit. If you expect a unit dying on you in the upcoming months you may want to reconsidered.

Dear Delois,

Original review: April 10, 2017

Courteous customer service. Prompt response to service requests. Professional service workers on board. Well pleased with service provided. No Hassle when calling to report a problem. You are given all contact info for repairmen. I have been very pleased with all the services I have received from this co. I would highly recommend the to others. As a matter of fact. I have referred ARS to others.

Hi Natasha,

We apologize for the delay in service. Please expect a call from a replacement specialist today.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 7, 2017

We recently purchased a new home (new to us) March 10. Our sale included the transfer of an American Residential Warranty platinum home warranty. Our built in microwave began malfunctioning when we first moved in, so we contacted the American Residential Warranty and a service technician came out 10 days ago. We paid our $55 deductible to the technician and he deemed the microwave to be replaced. My husband had to take off work to meet the technician and I was later contacted by the company that they had decided to replace it and someone would be contacting me in 24-48 hours to discuss options.

After 3 full business days, I called the company to inquire about the replacement. I was told I would be contacted by Friday. Friday came and went with no contact. On the following Monday I called to check on the status and was told by the customer service representative that he would send a message to the replacement department to contact me within an additional 24-48 hours. I asked to be transferred to the department and he said that was not possible but they would be contacting me. Again, I gave them 2 full business days to call before reaching out again.

Today I called and was told that they could not even pull up my information. I asked how that was possible since the company had already sent a technician and all previous customer service associates were able to pull the account up. This associate stated I needed to call before 4pm Central, or they are unable to view American Residential Warranty information. Each time I have called, I have called after 5pm when I get off work. I informed this associate of that and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was put on hold and then told that no one was available but he would message them to contact me. I asked if it would be this evening and he said they would contact me within the next 24-48 hours. Needless to say, I have now paid our $55 deductible, my husband took off work to meet the technician, have spent hours (significant hold time) on the phone, and our family is still without a microwave.

Dear John,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is so glad to hear about your experience with our services! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Joseph.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 6, 2017

We recently had our pool pump replaced. The technician from Hughes Pools came out and installed a new one. He did an excellent job. He was professional, courteous, knowledgeable. Thanks for the quick response in taking care of our situation. The folks at American Residential Warranty are great to deal with.

Dear Rita,

Original review: April 5, 2017

I am a former subscriber to another Home Warranty company. I am glad I switched to ARW. The technician kept you informed of his ETA. He was very punctual and he treated my repair as if he was servicing his home.

Dear Jorge,

Original review: April 5, 2017

Great work on following up after services is completed and before work. Opened a service request. Received prompt response from plumber vendor. Vendor completed work as well as followed up with me, all were successfully tested to be fine with the new faucet assembly. Thank you.

Dear Violet,

Original review: March 31, 2017

My experience with American Residential is satisfying. They sent a repairman quickly. Their personnel on the phone was professional. So far I enjoy doing business with them. The repairmen they send are good and know what they are doing and they are professionals.

Dear Cynthia,

Original review: March 31, 2017

I appreciated the timeliness that it took the plumber to fix my garbage disposal. Within a matter of minutes, the job was completed, and the issue resolved. I would highly recommend Ron the Plumber's service to my family and friends. Also, the service fee was very affordable compared to other residential warranty service fees.

Dear Robert and Carolyn,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 30, 2017

The tech, Kevin was amazing. Thank you so much for the great service. My dishwasher is now working perfectly. ARS is truly a blessing to my family and myself. I would recommend you company to family And friends who may need this great service in the future.

I called American Residential Warranty about my refrigerator needing repair. They found me a company (Sears) and they came out within 2 business days. I am pleased with the prompt service and even more pleased with American Residential Warranty for getting me taken care of. Thanks.

Dear Mary,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 25, 2017

My experience with ARW is great, and their selection with the different services company that was sent out was great also. And I thank God for the plumbing company that sent out on the 13 of March. They did an excellent job, with my drain program.

Dear Gerard,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 23, 2017

Since enrolling with American Residential Warranty, I have had 3 breakdowns in a short period of time: the dryer, the washer and the dishwasher. In each case my claim was processed professionally, without hassle and I was given a fairly quick appointment to arrange for the repairs. In all occasions, the technicians reported to my house on time. In the first case, he performed the repair immediately. But in the next two claims, they had to order the parts and set a new appointment for the repairs. The jobs were completed expeditiously and I am satisfied with the service.

My only recommendation: Since ARW is requesting the makes, model numbers and serial numbers of the appliances at the time the claim is filed, this information should be provided to the technicians so that they carry replacement parts in their trucks when they perform a visit. This would save valuable time to them and to the customer. For instance, I had to take 2 additional days off work to be home for their second visit. This could have been avoided. Other than that, I am very satisfied with American Residential Warranty and I would not hesitate to recommend this company to my friends.

Dear Constance,

Original review: March 22, 2017

My experience with Towson Appliance Service, was wonderful. The young gentleman, was pleasant and was all about his work and he cleaned and hauled away all of the old items he took out and replaced with the new one. As far as American home Warranty I would recommend you to many of my friends. You are true to the word. You didn't take all day to have someone to come out and repair what I needed to have done and I thank you so much and I appreciate being with you as a customer.

Dear Patricia,

Original review: March 22, 2017

The service call was made and I was scheduled an appointment. The service man showed up only about 10 minutes from my appointment window set time, which meant no long waiting. He was in and out. Detected the problem, ordered the part and was there as promised to repair my refrigerator in a timely manner. I was extremely satisfied and none of my food spoiled. Excellent service and worth monthly payments.

Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience - It is our goal to be efficient and professional with our services! Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Kim.

Original review: March 17, 2017

American Residential Warranty is the way to go!! They handled my claim quickly & the customer service is unbelievable!! I could not have chosen a better warranty company!! The monthly payment is very economical & there is no contract involved. I would recommend this company hands down!

Dear Felipe,

Thank you very much for the feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about your positive experience with our services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I was able to have my oven repair next day. The service save me from purchasing a new stove and I can now focus on home remodeling??? I was able to get next day repair service. Great job. I will continue to use the services.

Dear Puneet,

We have responded to your inquiry via private message. If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 13, 2017

My GE kitchen stove broke down 6 days ago. I called the claims department and the first thing they did was to charge me the copay. Then they connected me to GE repairs who didn't have any slot available for 10 days. I was lucky that another customer cancellation gave me a tech slot after two days. The tech showed up on time and deemed the broken part unavailable. He told us that he would be submitting the report right away and I would then need to follow up with ARW on next steps. It's been five days since the report was suppose to be submitted but I am still waiting despite multiple reminders. Every time they have the same standard response: "Wait 24-48 hrs." A non working stove for seven days and counting. Horrible...

UPDATED ON 03/31/2017: I have shared my experience about delays to get a settlement. Now that they got all the paperwork done to offer a settlement I was shocked to learn how much of a scam this is. There was a $500 cap on the payout of an appliance that couldn't be repaired. The actual replacement cost for the appliance is more than $2K. They deducted $172 from the settlement amount as what they had to pay GE for diagnostics trip charge. Really?? Lawyers and heart surgeons have billing rate lower than that!

GE repair's website states the diagnostic charge is $99 if you were to call them independently. They already took in $55 from me as trade service fee AKA copay. So net the actual payout to me was $273 (500-172-55). So much for insurance that covers peanuts. I would rather not have insurance than an insurance that covers a tiny fraction of the actual expense. Completely false sense of security IMO and not worth the agony that took over a month to settle. Good thing I went month to month on my contract as I can't justify renewing it for another month.

Dear Joseph,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 11, 2017

The pool repair staff handled the problem within 15 minutes. Thanks H & H. Gary/Casey saved my warranty company a lot of money. He showed up before scheduled, drove right into the issue I presented him and knew right away the problem. Thanks again.

Dear Ms. Maureen,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, really make an effort to go above and beyond for our customers. We are very happy to hear that you have experienced a professional quality of services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Maureen.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Sears technician was terrific. Had to order a part. He came right over when I called to tell them part was in. He fixed it, was very professional. I used to have American Home Shield. They're were a definite 0 and your rating is a positive 5

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear that our services are continuously being conducted quickly and efficiently! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Michael.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 8, 2017

Dryer repair was handled professionally and in a timely fashion. We were notified as to the problem, parts were ordered by the technician and shipped to our home. We contacted the technician once parts arrived and he came out and completed the repairs.

Dear Ms. Sandra,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very glad to hear that you have experienced a fast and convenient process - we know this is very important! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Sandra.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 4, 2017

I am extremely pleased with American Residential Warranty. I love the way that when I call with a problem, they are "Johnny-on-the-spot." I love even more how it only cost $55 co-pay for the services. I recommend American Residential to all my friends.

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your great experience with our services. It is our goal to create an easy process for the customer, and please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 3, 2017

Having just recently purchased a 60-year-old house. I thought it would be wise to purchase a warranty. Having no prior experience but based on recommendations found on the Internet, I purchased American residential. First time I needed them (Noisy dishwasher) they were great. Call them, they recommended the repair Company in my area, made my appointment. Call twice to make sure I was satisfied with both of their service (American home warranty) and the service technician they recommended. Cost was exactly what they said, it would be $50.

Dear Mr. Phillip,

Thank you very much for the great feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty are very pleased to hear that you have had great experiences with our services. Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Phillip.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Had to get an appliance serviced so I went ahead and included another that had been nagging for weeks. Same technician fixed both within days of sending the claim. I would definitely recommend ARW to any current or future homeowner.

Dear Ms. Kimberly,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience with our services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2017

The repairman was very professional. We spent a day coordinating schedules then he came out the next day to make the air conditioner repair. Although he didn't have the part, he got the part and returned the same day. Thank you so much for your timely service.

Dear Leonard,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty strives to make repairs to our customer's appliances as fast as possible. We apologize that the technician told you he would return the next business day and did not show. We strive to have our customer's appliances repaired as fast as possible.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

The repairman was out in a timely manner to repair the over range microwave. Quickly discover the problem with it but he did not have part to repair it. He told me he will be back out the next business day with the part to repair it. The next day came he did not show, so I called and was told I had to wait a week for part to arrive in mail before repairman come out again.

American Residential Warranty Company Profile