It's that easy Request Information
4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

734 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

It’s a great service. I’m happy with the service. It’s an excellent customer service. A couple months ago I needed a service that fixed my refrigerator and your company took care of it as soon as possible. I recommended for the friends and family.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Time-consuming at time it takes a while to find someone {a technician} to service the product. Hope now that there is a company (TNT} local won't have to wait so long for service. They are always so pleasant and will always explain the problems. Happy with the tech.

Billie,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided you with great service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for you home home.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Whenever I have to call and make a claim with this warranty company. They always are fast and efficient when expediting it. I would recommend this company to anybody. They leave me nothing to complain about. Always reliable and always on time.

Robin,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty and for recommending our services to others. We are pleased to hear that we provided a 5-star service experience. If there is anything else we can help you with do not hesitate to let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Microwave went out one afternoon during supper. The next day I called the warranty company, told them what happened to the microwave and I had a repairman at my home within the week. No problem with the microwave since that time.

Lorraine,
Thank you for sharing about the microwave service experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear it has been working well since the repair. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience with them was pretty good. The person that they sent out had to order a part for my refrigerator which I thought was amazing because I didn’t think my refrigerator was worth repairing but he came back with the part and they also sent him back to fix the icemaker. I actually thought that I was going to replace my refrigerator. Great job.

Debra,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear our technician was able to repair your fridge. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I have never had any problem when I call. They always had someone to come out. I will tell a friend. If I was not happy they would send someone that could fix the problem. And I thank you. Thank you all that work there.

Good Morning Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear we provided you with 5-star service. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

America Residential Warranty great investment for any homeowner. Has been more than a reputable company as far as resolving my past issues. Great customer service. Would happily recommend this service and is very reasonable. I love my American Residential Warranty.

American Residential Warranty response
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we appreciate you recommending our services to others. If there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

From the first call to the completed repair of my dryer, everything went smooth and we didn’t have any issues. Repair guy was efficient and explained everything. They were there when they said they would be and listened to our concerns and solved the problem without any problems.

Antonietta,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that your dryer was repaired quickly and professionally. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We been with this company for few years and we are happy and I will recommend for the home warranty. You just have to be passion when call for service, remember they work with different vendors to get the issue resolved.

Cornel,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided you with a good service experience. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

The representatives at American Residential Warranty truly care about their customers. They have great customer service representatives and with all of the fraud that customers are exposed to, they put a lot of effort into protecting customers accounts and personal information.

Tanika,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of customer care agents and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The experience with the people that installed the ceiling fan was very professional. It was done very professionally. The installation did not take very long. They were in-and-out without incident. American Residential Warranty handled the claim in a timely manner, the staff was accommodating and kept in touch throughout the whole process.

Gloria,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience with American Residential Warranty and for recommending our services to family and friends. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their good work. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

American Residential Warranty is a great company. I had an issue with my A/C unit and it just take a call to American Residential Warranty to help immediately. Thank you so much for being there when I needed it most.

LaKisha,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to learn that we have provided a great experience. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to give us call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My experience has been great. Every experience I had with America Residential has been great, such as with air condition, dryer for clothes, and plumbing and now the washing machine and I will refer friends, co worker and family members. Thank your company for all they do to make life easier for me.

Lisa,
Thank you for recommending our services and for sharing valuable feedback about your experience. We are pleased to hear that we have provided a 5-star experience. If there is anything else we can do please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I recently filed a claim to have garage door opener replaced. The tech that came out to my house was very customer friendly and professional. I would recommend your company to friends and family because customer service is very essential to me.

Tamara,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Yesterday we contacted this company to help fix our water heating problem. The issues was that the water wouldn’t not stay hot after a few minutes of use. The tech came and his first question to us was “who’s paying for it?” We felt very uncomfortable by this and led us to believe we were in store for some issues. The tech did what he did and left without checking the water before he left. Since then we have not had hot water. They charged us $159 to troubleshoot the issue but only made things worse. After calling customer support they DID NOT HELP AT ALL. They insisted that the tech was a master and he knew what he was doing. All we wanted was to get our hot water back but they blamed the issue on us rather than trying to help.

Mercidieu,
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention and we are sorry that you have had this experience. Our records indicate one of our corporate customer care managers has already reached out to you and is working on providing an amicable resolution.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Always had good services... and they are polite... and meet our needs as soon as possible. Have recommend to several friends... and they are happy with American warranty. We have been member for over 6 years. And satisfied with each and every claim. The friends we recommended have been glad to belong. They feel you have helped them when there was no other way. So again I thank you.

Good Morning Sherrie,
Thank you for your kind review of American Residential Warranty and for being a long-time member. We are pleased to learn that we provided you with 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I am sure glad I have American Residential Warranty. When something breaks down I'm covered. They are like my safety net when things go wrong, they are like a superhero. They come to the rescue. And they don't take that long.

Lilly,
Thank you for your kind review of American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that your are satisfied with the service. Any time you need us, we will be ready, so please do not hesitate to call.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I’ve filed several claims with American Residential and they have always lived up to my expectations! Very prompt and professional service!! My final claim involved replacing my microwave and I received a check within reasonable time and was sufficient to complete my new purchase!

Tami,
Thank your sharing about your satisfaction with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Excellent service. I like the company. Will definitely recommend to a friend. I have some problems with Lowe’s finding and delivering my appliances. I was told that were short of staff. Hopefully that would better next time I need their services.

Brandon,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are glad to hear we provided excellent service. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

When our food grinder broke we expected a long wait before American Warranty would replace it. We were pleasantly surprised when two days after we filed our claim with American, a technician was dispatched to our house and within an hour, a new grinder had been installed! Needless to say, we are very happy with the service that we received from American Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have used this company several times in response to electrical and refrigerator problems. They were timely and solved my problems quickly. If they could not resolve my problem, they replaced my damaged appliance which was an ice maker. My prior company did not replace ice makers so I was very pleased to find American Residential did.

Linda,
Thank you for sharing about your satisfaction with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that your experience was 5-star. If there is anything further we can assist your with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

This was my first warranty call and I was very skeptical at first. The service was prompt and effective. They called and informed me of their estimated arrival time and I really appreciated that. The service crews were polite and very knowledgeable of their tasks. They also cleaned up behind themselves.

Michelle,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the service. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

They are always very helpful and pleasant to talk to. The techs that they have sent out to work on our service issues have been very knowledgeable and have taken care of our issues. They have been our provider for about four years.

Ken,
Thank you for being a long-time customer and for taking the time to share the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we have provided you with good service over the years. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I have a very great experience with American Residential Warranty. My air-conditioning unit and kitchen store went out doing summer month and holidays. A.R.W fix them quick as possible. They are very reliable and I would recommend Bham to every home that I know.

Phyllis,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we appreciate you recommending our services to family and friends. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We are always happy to help.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

In the past years I had problems with my past Home Warranty so I switch to American Residential Warranty. My brother told me about them and I have no regret switching over. Their deductible Never goes up. American Residential Warranty have save us lots of money since I been with them. When I had plumbing problems they called me the next day. I highly recommend anyone to get a American Residential Warranty.

Timothy,
Thank you for making the switch to American Residential Warranty and for recommending our services to others. We are pleased to hear that we have provided you with 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

American Residential could not repair my dryer. They made a reasonable offer to replace a 12 year old dryer. When we accepted, they took care of the replacement quickly. I appreciated communication through email and then over the phone when I requested.

Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that your are satisfied with the dryer replacement solution. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My experience with American Residential has been one of professionalism, accuracy, reliability, and timelines. When my appliance failed, I contacted American Residential. They dispatched technicians immediately and resolved the problem thoroughly. I am totally pleased with the services I received and highly recommend American Residential.

Annie,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that you we were able to get your appliance repaired quickly and efficiently. if we can be of further assistance, please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

American Residential warranty is a company that gets the job done. The repair representatives are both professional and knowledgeable. The customer service team makes follow-up phone calls from start to finish of the project. Their prices to repair and replace appliances are good.

Laurie,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear we provided a 5-star service experience. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was given the best service possible. The work was do in a timely matter when I call American Residential Warranty. They handle my request in speedy matter. I was treated with the highest respect for the work I had.

Jimmie,

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was very pleased with service I received from American Residential. The company they sent out was very knowledgeable and very professional. They did my repairs in a timely manner. I have no complaints. I will recommend American Residential to anyone who might need their services.

Margo,
We appreciate you taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that you were able to rate the service provided with 5 stars. If we can be of further assistance please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

American Residential Warranty (ARW) sells home warranties, home security systems and more to give homeowners piece of mind about paying for costly repairs or damage. The company serves all 50 states and is headquartered in Florida.

• Plan options: ARW offers multiple plan options so homeowners can choose the coverage that they want. The company offers additional plans to cover electronics and add-ons to covers things like faucets or external plumbing.

• Contractor choose: Homeowners can choose the contractor or repairman who they want to work with. They do not have to use a professional selected by ARW.

• Home security: ARW offers home security systems and plans to help homeowners feel safe and secure. Packages include free installation and free activation.

• No contract: Homeowners who choose an ARW home warranty are not locked in to a long-term contract. They can cancel their coverage at any time.

• Special discounts: ARW offers several types of special discounts for new customers. Homeowners can receive discounts for bundling multiple services, buying their plan online, paying in yearly or quarterly timeframes and more.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers and home sellers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

American Residential Warranty Company Information