toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The service is amazing. They get things done. The people are wonderful. It's so useful. I would completely recommend it to everyone I know. Definitely worth the five stars. Service is so fast and easy. We love it. It's also pretty affordable.

When filing a claim for our washing machine, the methods of addressing the claim did not appear to be well known by the Claims Representative. The Claims Rep explained a check for the amount described in the contract is being processed. When I inquired about a replacement machine, the Claim Rep explained this is not an option. I took the opportunity to explain, both options (check or replacement + difference in money due by the customer) should be available. I asked to speak to a supervisor to help review the process and was passed over to another person who also was not aware of any other options due to the age of the washing machine.

I took the liberty to contact my original sales contact who was able to connect me with a Claims Resolution contact. Fast forward to the end, Chloe ** had all the answers and the solution that I expected from the start. I would like to recognize Chloe for her excellent service, communication and helping make this a positive customer experience.

The serviceman who came to my home performed his duty in a professional manner. He was also respective and conducted himself in a manner that could only bring credit to himself and both Sears and American Warranty Services. He showed his knowledge and skills in repairs of kitchen repairs and should I need another repair in his level I would hope that he would be the serviceman who came to my home.

I called to file a claim. The vendor came and replaced the garbage disposal. It was quick, simple scheduling and easy. I am glad I selected American Residential Warranty. The customer service team who help file claims was very friendly and asked simple questions.

Very good experience and technician was very helpful and explained everything... Very cordial. I will be sure to tell family and friends about American Residential... Very happy customer. Just hope my next claim will be just as GREAT!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Terry was professional and courteous - very good experience - wasn't sure has experience with American Residential warranty would be but I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the level of expertise that was given - I would gladly recommend your services to friends or family members in the future.

Repairman was experienced, respectful, and productive. Job well done. l am back to using my almost new washer with no problems noted. I was really happy to use Sears for repairs as they were store item was purchased. Great job American Residential warranty company. I was contacted by someone to make sure I was happy as the work was progressing.

Dear Ms. Lois,

American Residential Warranty would like to thank you for the detailed feedback! We apologize for any inconveniences our service calls may have caused you - a goal of ours is to inform our customers of additional coverages that the customer may or may not be aware of.

To further give you some information, Ms. Lois: As the customer, you are also able to refer outside contractors to our Approved List. If you visit ARWContractor.com, you may fill out a quick referral form if you are ever interested.

Lastly, you can always call our Customer Service Department with any specific questions or concerns at 1 (888) 508 - 8886.

Again, thank you very much for the thorough feedback, and have a wonderful day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

This company has been very good overall. What I do not like is the pushy man who calls from the home office after the service call to see how it was. He does listen to me, good and bad, but then he tries to sell me extra insurance that I absolutely do not need and he does it every time. I also don't like the premium price. $49.99 a month seems a bit high to me. However, the service call fee of $55.00 is a very fair price. On the good side of it, I can request a particular repair company as long as they are on ARW's approved list. Also we always get courteous service from them and it's usually in a timely manner.

Dear Ms. Jacquelyne,

Thank you so much for feedback. American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience with our services thus far. Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Jacquelyne.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

The part which I needed to repair the microwave was handled expeditiously. The part was mailed to my home and ready for the repairman to install. The gentleman was punctual and courteous, finished the work, cleaned up after himself and left after I signed the paperwork he had to submit to the company.

Dear Ms. Jacquelyn,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We, at American Residential Warranty, are so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience with our services. And, we are glad to hear you have recommended these services to your friends and family! Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Ms. Jacquelyn.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

The tech was on time and knowledgeable of the work order. Excellent customer service; I rate the experience a 10. I recommend this company to my friends and family. Tech had a friendly attitude, and very helpful, and made my experience pleasant.

Dear Ms. Daisy,

American Residential Warranty thanks you for your detailed feedback! It is our goal to make this process go smoothly for you, as the customer - that is what we aim for! Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Ms. Daisy.

Again, thank you so much, and have a wonderful day,

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

The young lady who took my claim also made sure that it was in the right process The person who came out was able to tell me the problem and I was able to understand how to fix it. The customer service guys made sure that he connected me with the other offers that you tied to discounts from other agencies. Thanks.

Dear Ms. Marvelene,

American Residential Warranty thanks you very much for the feedback! We are so glad to hear about your positive experience with our services thus far. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Ms. Marvelene.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Good service. They were on time and fixed the freezer. Notified me when they were on the way. They had to order a part and installed it the next day. Very polite. I would recommend this company to others.

Dear Ms. Clara,

American Residential Warranty would like to thank you immensely for the feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had good experiences with our services thus far.

Allow me to review some information for you, Ms. Clara: If you already know or would like to find a great contractor that is not on our ARW Approved List, you may visit ARWContractor.com! At this website, you may fill out a quick referral form - this may help expedite future services if you would like.

Again, thank you for the feedback, and have a wonderful day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I have been very pleased with the service lately from American Residential Warranty. Yes, I would recommend a friend. The only problem I have experienced in the past was not being able to find a contractor in my area in a timely manner. But overall I have been satisfied.

Dear Mr. Harold,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about your positive experience. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Have a Great Day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I called with my problem and it was taken care of quickly... no complaints!! The person I spoke with was very nice and courteous... and the company that came out to do the job was quick and courteous. Makes doing business a pleasure... nobody likes bad business!!!

Dear Mr. Dale,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is glad to hear that you have received great and fast service - that is what we aim for! Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Have a Wonderful Day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Excellent and fast response. Individuals that represented your company were excellent and very knowledgeable. They knew what they doing. Excellent service in every way. They arrived at our house within the time frame that we agreed on and immediately began diagnosing the problems. Thank you for the great as well as fast service.

Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is pleased to hear about your experience with our services, and please do not hesitate to call us in the future!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I am happy with the experience because the technician was very professional. He came in and completed the job. And it did not take him long. I am happy that I chose American Residential Warranty, and will be referring my brother and friends.

Dear Sharon,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very glad to hear about your great experiences with our services. Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Thank You!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I am very satisfied with ARW. I am retired on limited income. When we moved here my daughter encouraged me to get this warranty and I'm glad I did. With old appliances and limited funds, they've kept all my appliances repaired. The only thing was the ordering and receiving new parts. Not their fault. Other than that, they did good.

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about your experience. Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Thank you!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My garage door opener quit working, I called and they had an appointment set up the next day. I was happy to hear it was Sears coming out to repair it because it was a craftsman opener. The process was so easy. Very happy customer!

Dear Diane,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is very glad to hear about your great experience. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

American Residential Warranty is excellent. They have better companies working with them. My experience is I had a leaky washer. That gentleman came out having 25 years experience, took him 10 minutes to change out the water pump. Very very happy with the results of American Residential Warranty.

I have American Residential Warranty. My oven has stopped working and is covered. This occurred roughly 4 weeks ago. I filed a claim immediately online. It took 10 days to get a contractors, another 10 days for an electrician, with the electrician stating that they could not repair the oven and it needs to be replaced. This was 10 days ago. I have not heard from the company. When calling, I go on endless hold. As I am writing this, I have been on hold for 30 minutes. These people want to take your money, but not resolve your claim.

Dear Ginger,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I called with an electrical issue in my front foyer, library and front entrance. They scheduled a local electrician to come out the next day. The tech was on time, courteous and professional. He took the time to locate the wiring problem in my historic and large home. Very satisfied.

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is glad to hear about the great quality of services you have had thus far. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Mark.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

ARW did a good job of getting a contractor out to the house and arranging the repair. The repair was completed and we were back in operation within the day. I would recommend the warranty company to a friend or family member and will call the door company in the spring to replace the garage door with a new style door.

Dear Robin,

American Residential Warranty thanks you for your feedback. We are very happy that you have had a great experience using our services! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Thank you, and have a good day!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My whole experience from contacting American Residential to plumber coming to my house was excellent. I would recommend this to any of my friends. Everything was expedited to accommodate me as the homeowner. A job well done by both companies.

Dear Fred and Sadie,

American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear that you received prompt and professional service! We thank you for taking the time to review our services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Just to let you know how pleased I am with the prompt service I received when my unit broke. I made a claim and was immediately given a phone number call a repair person and before I could call him he called me and came right away and diagnosed the problem and as soon as the parts arrived he made the repairs and I haven't had any problems since. Needless to say, I am very pleased with the prompt service I received from American Residential Warranty. Their customer service is way above average. Thank you for taking such good care of my problem.

Dear Amir,

Thank you very much for your feedback. American Residential is very glad to hear that you have had multiple positive experiences - that is what we aim for! Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

We called for two separate service to be performed at our home. To my surprise not like the other warranty company these guys sent a guy from Sears to fix the dishwasher. Very friendly guy. Second guy was an amazing character, he made us feel like we had known him forever. Both great people from great companies.

I am so glad I switched to this warranty company.

Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for your feedback. American Residential is pleased to hear about the great service! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Thank you very much!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I have had to use my warranty one time and my experience was favorable. The tech seemed to know what he was doing and was able to complete the repairs in a very good timeframe. He was also very polite and represented the company very well.

Dear William,

American Residential Warranty would like to thank you immensely for the feedback! We care about the quality of our business and the quality of our customer service very much. Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Every call I make, every time they come, they are professional. We had commodes unclogged, ac units repaired, heater in attic repaired. They came out really fast and did their job. Great job. I get a call back fast after leaving a message. Good people working there and they care about me and my family.

No response received

Hi Cynthia,

Our customer care team reached out in regards to the issues you are having with your policy. Please expect another call so that we can work together to attempt to resolve this issue.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

My experience lately with American Residential Warranty has not be a good one. The last time I called in before getting my sink repaired was a bad experience. I was told that my insurance didn't cover getting my bathroom toilet in the Master room fixed. I paid for the insurance and then my main bathroom went out and they gave me hell. Still didn't fix the problem. I wanted to cancel my insurance.

Dear Amir,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is glad to hear you have had multiple great experiences with our services. Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I had two different service calls one for plumbing and one for my dishwasher. Great people came and serviced the units. In fact a guy from sears came and fixed my dishwasher and a nice person came and fixed my plumbing. I am very happy with this warranty.

Dear Michael,

American Residential Warranty would love to thank you for your feedback! It is our goal to supersede customers' expectations, and we are immensely glad to hear about your great experience. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future!

Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I'm extremely satisfied and well pleased with your company. I was with another warranty company prior to coming to American Residential Warranty and they don't even compare! I thought warranty companies were all just a rip off but boy was I wrong! The professionalism and the quality of the repairmen you dispatch are unsurpassed. I don't normally give reviews and quite frankly didn't believe them. I've always thought they were just insiders trying to hype up the company. This is no hype! I'm a customer who is well pleased! And I'm paying far less than I was with the other company. Wow!! Thank you and keep up the good work and professionalism!! A satisfied customer...

American Residential Warranty Company Profile