Call toll free
4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

842 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I called in to have someone come out to look at my refrigerator, and the customer service rep was very nice and was able to have someone come out the next day. They have very fast service and they were able to resolve the issue when they came to my house.

American Residential Warranty response

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your refrigerator was repaired. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I called ARW to fix my front loading washer. The plastic rim around the tub became twisted and ripped. The repair person called immediately and asked for a picture of the damage. I sent it to them and they ordered the part immediately and it came quickly. They repaired it within a few days and works like new. I would highly recommend this company.

Hi Esther,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your washer was repaired. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Awesome and fantastic service. The furnace was fixed fast! We were up and running. Efficient and courteous and timely and polite. Fixed the problem and handled it fast. I am very pleased with the results and am glad to have a residential home warranty I can trust with my home and family can rely on. Thank you again. I hope to not use it but it is peace of mind for us with best company residential home warranty. I highly recommend. Thank you again and again for your service and it was fixed the next day and that overall made it all worth it and simple.

Hi Jimmy ,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your furnace was repaired fast. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Called them for my garage door opener. About ten minutes later, they sent me an email confirming order for a new garage door opener. No hassle. No gimmicks! Even when there was issue with the installation 3 months later, they help fixed it!

Hello Falilat ,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your garage door opener was repaired. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have no long wait when calling in for a problem to be fix. When the company they recommend comes out, they do their job professionally. All I pay is my fee for coming out and I do not have to put out extra money. The company that comes out does their work right the first time which last for years.

Hi Betty ,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your plumbing issue was resolved. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Service worker was friendly & worked to check and eliminate problem. Order replacement for defective parts. I feel that age of the appliance should have been given more consideration. A replacement would have been more appropriate because this was the second call on fridge.

Cassandra,
Thank your for taking the time to review the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My experience with American Residential Warranty is great. The employees are friendly and very helpful. The employees are very knowledgeable. I have not had any problems with this company and I will recommend this company to others. Thank you for everything American Residential Warranty.

Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service. If we can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

They came out twice to look at different problems and they corrected the water heater problem. I was not charged for the second visit after explaining the situation. Their customer service was friendly and courteous. Then I called them to submit another claim and that is currently be worked on.

Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we have provided a 5-star experience. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Our dryer stopped drying. I put in a request to the home warranty and they set someone to come out and fix it. They were very professional, courteous and fast at getting my dryer back up and running. I would highly recommend friends and family to the warranty and repair company.

Hi Rick,
We are pleased to hear that we were able to provide a great experience and thank you for taking the time to post this review. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The repairman was prompt. He identified himself and was wearing identifiable clothing for his company. He was professional and very knowledgeable. He explained what was wrong with my dishwasher and offered suggestions on preventing a repeat of this problem.

Adrell,

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I just joined this company a few months ago. And had a power surge that damaged my circuit board on my central unit. I called in for a claim, super professional courteous service. Immediate transfer of my information to a company Marvin's AC & Heating, LLC Baton Rouge company marvinairandheat@yahoo.com. Super company, highly experienced professional. Owner serviced my repair, he came to my home the same day of the call in and was back the next morning to replace the board. 15 minutes and I was up running again. My experience was super and I am glad that I signed up with this company. And would definitely recommend to another person.

India,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that Marvin's AC and Heating took good care of you. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The stove repair was made in a timely manner. The repairman was on time and very courteous. He worked in an extremely tight area, but managed to overcome that obstacle. He wore protective booties, careful not to track outside weather conditions inside. His appearance was professional. Overall, this was an extremely pleasant experience.

Delores,
We appreciate the feedback about your recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We are glad to hear that our technician provided 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

After submitting my claim, I had to wait to hear from the outside contractor that was supposed to come work on the A/C unit. They never called. The next day they worked hard to find a replacement after third party never contacted me.

Christian,
We are glad that we were able to get your AC claim handled and thank you for taking the time to leave valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to give us a call and we can be of further assistance.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Very responsive, allowed me to have my furnace repaired quickly and covered all of my costs. The repair person seemed satisfied as well with their prompt service and he was paid in a timely manner, which wasn't the case with my previous home warranty firm.

Hi Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are glad your furnace was repaired quickly, at little cost to you. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Laptop - The return was great. Thank you so much. My husband has more about the customer service speaking over the phone. Kind and very informative. l will have many more people to recommend in the future. Most of all customers will want to feel they are heard.

Good Morning Delores,
Thank you for the kind review and we appreciate you recommending our services to others. We are pleased to hear that you got to take advantage of the electronics warranty. If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to let us know and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

The man that came to fix my refrigerator was done in about 30 minutes. He did a great job. He came checked to see what the problem was. He replaced a crit board. And the refrigerator was working in less than a hour.

Pam,
Its great to hear that your fridge is now functional and that your experience was 5 star. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My General Electric microwave stopped working on Thanksgiving Day Weekend. ARW made sure they obtained a reputable GE repair person to take the appliance out of the wall for repair. Best part was, it took less than an hour. Thank you.

Alexandria,
Thank you for taking the time review your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided 5-star service. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The repairman was very efficient by trying to fix my problems and try to order the replacement board but Couldn’t get a board replacement, so you all send me a check to replace the microwave, so this was my first experience with this company.

Freddie,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about the repair initiated through American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a replacement microwave. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for all your home systems and appliances.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

American Residential Warranty provided exceptional service. The representative was able to answer all of questions and concerns. He was prompt, courteous, and professional. All of my expectations were met! Great service and overall great experience. I highly recommend this company to everyone!

Re'Shan,
We are glad to hear that we provided you with an exceptional service experience. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and we appreciate the recommendation. If there is anything more we can do please do not hesitate to give us call.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Great experience! One of my major concerns when dealing with home service representatives is that he or she is on time and presents themselves in a professional manner. My mechanic was all that and more. He diagnosed and resolved the problem quickly and accurately and provided me with a detailed invoice.

Joel,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad that your repair technician was courteous, professional and knowledgeable. If there is anything else we can help with just let us know.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Property address of service is **. The service repair was done at my rental property on my washing machine. The first initial visits had to be rescheduled because parts needed to be ordered. My tenants have not called me so I assume all is well. I have no complaints and no problems that have not be resolved to my knowledge.

Treciana,
Thank you for taking the time to review the repair American Residential Warranty initiated on your washer. We are pleased to hear it went well. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Friendly people!! Clean friendly people, very nice, understanding, made you feel welcome and I understood what the problem was when you’re trying to describe it on the phone! Understand your needs what needs to be done. Made the phone call easier.

Good Afternoon Jackie,
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We have been very happy with the service we received from ARW. Our microwave started working inconsistently. We called the company which sent a technician who discovered that it was not repairable. The company then sent us the insured amount which allowed us to purchase a replacement.

Hi Jim,
Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased that you are satisfied with the outcome of your microwave claim. If there is anything more we can do for you please let us know.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I called American Residential Warranty prior to a holiday, they came out imed. Found the oven not Heating up, was told by the Heavenly Cool LLC that he needed to order the part to correct the problem. Was kept informed during the waiting period and within eight days we were cooking again with no further incident. Thanks American Residential Warranty.

Hi Patricia,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent service experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we were able to get your oven repaired quickly, efficiently and at little cost to you. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

The issue with my furnace was quick and easy. The response time for my claim was the same day (within hours). The repair guy was very knowledgeable. With a few questions for me and observation of the unit, he quickly diagnosed the problem (blown fuse). He replaced it and went further to make sure there weren't any additional problems. He was very efficient!! The problem was solved in less than 30mins. I'm warm again!!! Customer Service was outstanding!

Hi Elbert,
Thank you for your kind review of American Residential Warranty. We were pleased to read about your experience and glad that you were able to rate it with 5-stars. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Quick to respond to claim. We had a good plumbing company take care of the issue, very efficient. Claims department takes care of paperwork for reimbursement promptly and with no issues. Used to like putting claims online, but I guess giving the information to the representative makes it faster for them to resolve the issue.

Hi Ramon,
We are pleased to hear that the plumbing repair initiated by American Residential Warranty went well. Thank you for taking the time to post this review. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

When we called, our refrigerator had stopped cooling; only a spare refrigerator and upright freezer spared our contents. A quick call to ARW scheduled a repair service; 2 days later, he arrived and quickly resolved the issue. The refrigerator was working within an hour. The job was clean, efficient, the service provider professional, friendly, and fully equipped to do the service. We could not be happier with the work, and could not be happier with American Residential Warranty for performing the service!

Hi Randy,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Great warranty company, quick response and easy to change time schedule. The folks at customer service were very helpful. The service was done on time and the service technician made it as schedule after part arrived. I give it a 5 out of 5.

Ronny,
We appreciate your kind review. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Our dryer needed repair. The problem was that the timer was not turning and the heat produced by the heating elements was not enough. The appliance repair person was unable to fix it. The company sent me a check for $320.00 toward the purchasing of a new dryer.

Good Morning Magdeldin,
Thank you for rating your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with 5-star service. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My name Caroline, excellent customer service very professional manner, very satisfy with excellent service. My husband is handicap and my daughter just finish her chemo and radiation. My washer just stop working, it was very important to get my washer back up and running, as soon has I call in for my claim, for my washer in a week it was replace, and Lowe's delivery my new washer, even pick up my no-working washer. Thank you American Residential Warranty

Satisfied customer.

Caroline,
Thank you for your kind review. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a hassle free experience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

American Residential Warranty (ARW) sells home warranties, home security systems and more to give homeowners piece of mind about paying for costly repairs or damage. The company serves all 50 states and is headquartered in Florida.

• Plan options: ARW offers multiple plan options so homeowners can choose the coverage that they want. The company offers additional plans to cover electronics and add-ons to covers things like faucets or external plumbing.

• Contractor choose: Homeowners can choose the contractor or repairman who they want to work with. They do not have to use a professional selected by ARW.

• Home security: ARW offers home security systems and plans to help homeowners feel safe and secure. Packages include free installation and free activation.

• No contract: Homeowners who choose an ARW home warranty are not locked in to a long-term contract. They can cancel their coverage at any time.

• Special discounts: ARW offers several types of special discounts for new customers. Homeowners can receive discounts for bundling multiple services, buying their plan online, paying in yearly or quarterly timeframes and more.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers and home sellers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

American Residential Warranty Company Information