2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

PROS

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

CONS

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Top American Residential Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW representative to the service provided, it gives me all the more confidence in ARW should I need help in the future.

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payments are affordable especially when repairs can be so costly. Get it and you won't regret it!

American Residential Warranty Call Now Toll Free (217) 281-0462 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

American Residential Warranty plans

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
  • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
  • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
  • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
  • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

American Residential Warranty cost

The average cost for American Residential Warranty is between $40–$60/month depending on the plan you select. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

Their most popular plan, Platinum Premier, runs $59.99. This is on the higher end of typical home warranty costs, which generally range from $30–$60/month.

American Residential Warranty has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. American Residential Warranty’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage Monthly Cost
Heating and Cooling$39.99
Kitchen Plus$34.99
Platinum$49.99
Platinum Premier$59.99
4-in-1 Bundle$124.99

American Residential Warranty coverage

The Platinum Premier package from American Residential Warranty is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Plumbing wax seals
  • Pool/spa

American Residential Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

My experience was horrible. It was 95 degrees to a 100 degrees inside of my house. It taken a month then finally get a answer from American Residential warranty in reference to getting my air-conditioning fixed. But, I believe I would have received better service it if wasn't for covid-19, due to covid-19 it put a lot of things on hold so I had to have a lot of patience. But even though it took a month the best outcome was that I did get my air-conditioning unit fixed. The service technician was outstanding and explained everything in detail. Two thumbs up to the technician.

Hello Sherel,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I set up a claim to get my dishwasher fixed because it was not washing the dishes. I called and set up a claim and paid the $55 fee for someone to come out. They then assigned me to Seven Star appliances who would be the ones coming out to fix my dishwasher. There was a delay by Seven Star due to a conflict in their schedule but they were very open about it and communicated that to me from the start. Once the service tech came out he explained in detail what was happening and even gave us some pointers on how to keep it from happening again. He was very helpful and fixed the issue right away.

Hello Eric,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: July 1, 2020

We had a leak around the roman bathtub and we placed a claim with American Residential Warranty, I did this online on their website which was very user friendly. They contacted me promptly the next morning and were going to find a local provider ASAP. They called a couple of days later to let me know they were having problems finding a provider in the area. After a few more days, they decided that they were going to send me a check for $350 so I could get a plumber myself. I took care of it and was very satisfied with the result. Thanks for being on top of the claim and following up the way you did.

Hello Carlos,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 13, 2020

The dryer technician arrived early on the day of the appointment, I explained the problem of high heat smelled like the dryer was over heating, he found the problem in less than 10 minutes, put his test meter inside the dryer. He said it was working and it has been working better than when I called them. My washer technician came the following week. He was very polite. He asked me the problem. I told him and He knew the problem which it needed new parts. He ordered the parts to come to my house, schedule the an appointment to have a technician to come on June 8th to install the parts. The technician arrived on time, polite, friendly, got right to work, finished the job, cleaned up where he was working and left me a sample of tide pods. I had to call the company that ARW sent twice to check on the parts and they were very friendly and understanding.

Hello Barbara,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 6, 2020

My dryer was not getting hot and blowing out cool air. I explained the problem and the person in charge took care of it with their next opening. It was not hard or long to get an appointment. What I really like about the service is they call to confirm if You are pleased with the service. If they felt you were not pleased with the service they will have the service tech return and explain what was done and whats the next step. I'm pretty please with this warranty. I just dont like to feel like I'm paying two bills..When I'm paying for this warranty and giving them an additional $50 before they are scheduled to come out, I just think that's too much.

It just my opinion, and I've always said, we all have a voice and a choice, we just need to learn when to use them. I would recommend this warranty service to many. Thus far I have nothing to complain about. It's a real headache and can be very stressful when and if you have an appliance that just won't work correct and you know you've done what was needed and all options are gone on your end. To have this warranty and this must need plan is great.

Hello Emelda,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Ok, let me start by stating that I have had service been a customer of American Residential Warranty company (ARW) for a few years now. The company was my favorite because of the customer service that they provided. While, scheduling a service contractor takes a while it has always been a consistent process (I always had a service contractor provided after at least a three day wait period). But I was always able to get the repair fixed to my satisfaction. Lately the customer service has deteriorated to almost non-existent service.

I put in a ticket for my LG washer because it would not drain and gave an OE error. They gave me a service contractor to contact (yes you have to contact them), and the contractor, Jones Service, stated on a Wednesday that he would be out to service my machine the following Monday. The contractor did not show up. I called the contractor to find out what the problem was and the contractor stated "He ran over on a job and could not make it." The next scheduled appointment which was a week later that I set up with him, he did not bother to show nor would return my calls.

I called American Residential service to explain this to them and they stated they would give me another service provider that I could call them on Monday for an appointment. Now we are into the third week, when I called the service provider that ARW referred me to, the service provider stated that he did not work on LG products and does not accept American Residential Warranty. I called the customer service line and I was told that they would give me another service provider which was the latter service provider already given to me. When I asked them, what can we do to resolve this issue. I was told that I can either find my own service provider or they can escalate my issue to the resolution center who would contact me in three days.

I stated to customer service that this issue is going on almost a month, now can they just transfer me to the resolution center or can I talk to a supervisor. I was told that the resolution center does not take calls and please hold for a supervisor. After a very long hold I was told that the supervisor would not be able to talk to me and that the supervisor would call me back later. (Yes, I am holding my breath for that call.) I don't know what happened to this company but the customer service is horrible now and I would recommend you find any other home warranty company to protect your home.

Hello Michiel,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have escalated this case to the management team to work towards providing you an amicable resolution to your washer claim. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our corporate office as we would be more than happy to assist.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

This company is a joke, very unprofessional and the customer service is awful. We called the company on December 2nd to submit a claim and nothing has been done as of today. After so many messages in Facebook and having to pay out of pocket for the services needed they had someone call us to tell us that someone else was going to reach out to us to solve and help us with a reimbursement process. We are still waiting for that call. They took the fee for the claim and no service has been provided. Our calls are placed on hold for more than an hour and no one comes back to the line, we do have to admit that they are very diligent on taking the money out of our account to charge us for a warranty that only benefits them.

Hello Luisa,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

It took a while for my actual claim to get processed but once everything was received and communication was clear between customer service and myself, ordering of the needed part and installation was seamless. If one issue that I can recommend being addressed by the company it have to say customers ability to reach customers service and better back and forth correspondence.

Hello Hase,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Great job. Very professional. Satisfied with a/c. Will use this service again. The timing didn't take so long. The Service guy know his job keep. Very important to keep professional workers. Would use the Electrician again. Took time to receive part but when it arrived they called sent the service guy. He come on time.

Hello Cedric,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I submitted a claim on Sunday. By Tues no contact from American Residential had been. I had to hire my own electrician. I requested a refund and was denied therefore I was unhappy and also unhappy about slow response for receiving service.

Hello Sybil,

American Residential Warranty coverage exclusions

American Residential Warranty does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via American Residential Warranty's sample contract.

American Residential Warranty coverage limits

American Residential Warranty only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemAmerican Residential’s coverage limi
    Plumbing advantage$500
    Well pump system$1,000

American Residential Warranty claims

How to request service from American Residential Warranty:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW online or over the phone.
    2. ARW will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
    3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
    4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
    5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

American Residential Warranty contractors: American Residential Warranty gives customers the option to use an ARW approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

American Residential Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?
    Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call American Residential Warranty for prior authorization before starting work.
    Can I get an American Residential Warranty without signing a long-term contract?
    Yes. ARW does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.
    Is there a cancellation fee for American Residential Warranty?
    No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is American Residential Warranty worth it?

American Residential Warranty makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an American Residential Warranty plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, American Residential Warranty may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

American Residential Warranty Company Information