Call toll free
4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

PROS

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

CONS

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Top American Residential Warranty Reviews

04/09/2019

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW representative to the service provided, it gives me all the more confidence in ARW should I need help in the future.

04/15/2019

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payments are affordable especially when repairs can be so costly. Get it and you won't regret it!

American Residential Warranty plans

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
  • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
  • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
  • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
  • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

American Residential Warranty cost

The average cost for American Residential Warranty is between $36–$55/month depending on the plan you select. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

Their most popular plan, Platinum Premier, runs $54.99. This is on the higher end of typical home warranty costs, which generally range from $30–$60/month.

American Residential Warranty has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. American Residential Warranty’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage Monthly Cost
Heating and Cooling$35.99
Kitchen Plus$29.99
Platinum$46.99
Platinum Premier$54.99
4-in-1 Bundle$114.99

American Residential Warranty coverage

The Platinum Premier package from American Residential Warranty is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Plumbing wax seals
  • Pool/spa

1005 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have no long wait when calling in for a problem to be fix. When the company they recommend comes out, they do their job professionally. All I pay is my fee for coming out and I do not have to put out extra money. The company that comes out does their work right the first time which last for years.

Hi Betty ,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your plumbing issue was resolved. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

This was my first experience with this company. I have had American home Shield for many years. Due to many problems with that company I had been shopping around and shows American Residential due to their good reviews. My thermostat in my home was broken and initially and service provider and they gave me did not cover in my area. I called back and they said they would have to research and see if they could find someone for me to use. Two days later they informed me that they had no provider that they contracted with in my area and that I could contact your provider of my choice and have the repair done out of pocket after which they would reimburse me.

The whole thing was somewhat confusing but I spoke with a lovely young man, Eric **, who gave me his direct contact information. This man was extremely helpful with me on each occasion that I called. I had the repair done and the thermostat was fixed. I sent them a copy of the bill and again waiting to hear back but did not after several days. Once again when I called Mr. ** he assisted me immediately and made sure that I was reimbursed as promised. I was not very happy that there was no service provider in my area as I do not live in a rural or remote location. The customer service that I received from Mr. ** was exceptional and it is for this reason that I was left being satisfied with my experience. I should not have had to pay anything beyond that my service fee out of pocket however seeing as how I am being reimbursed I am satisfied.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work.

We are sorry about the lack of a readily available technician for the issue with the thermostat. This does happen from time to time and we are working on some upgrades to our contractor network to ensure all of our customer have good access to in-network, qualified technicians.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.
Best regards,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

After our Hot Water Tank went out for good which was when we found out that ARW could not cover it because it was more than 10 years old, we became sad because we had been without Hot Water in our home for sometime, and we had to take our 2-year-old to his Grandma house to bathe on a day to day basis which became very frustrated. But with the help of one of your employees he assisted us, which made everything so much better, knowing that we had to borrow monies that we did not have to purchase a new one, which cost quite a bit.

Your employee Mr. James **, assisted us when no one else would. Everyone else that we spoke to basically said that they would buy me out of my contract which I had just renewed it again, plus with upgrade the service for a better plan, which one of your reps talked us into buying, just to find out that they would not be able to help us. So after being so disappointed with everything at this point, Mr. ** made me feel at ease, because at this point I was almost ready to have been done with this company, but Mr ** went on to assisted us, which made me have second thoughts about sticking with this service.

Therefore you all can thank your employees for giving us a change of heart about ARW. I feel that he has went above and beyond the call of duty, when everyone else during this process has failed us. Therefore I give kudos to that young man. His Supervisors / Managers need to know, and realize how lucky they are to have individuals like him. Cause to be honest it's easier for customers to walk / run away from companies where the customer service at times aren't helpful, but I tell you, that you all need more individuals like him and Ms **, who has always assisted our Dad (Ed **) in the past. He was also the one to talk us in keeping the plan, because he has always said great things about ARW. He's an ARW advocate, lol. Again thank Mr. J. ** for everything he has assisted us with. Have a great weekend...

D'Andre & Kristen,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work.

We are pleased to hear that this water heater issue was resolved and we provided 5-service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to service all of your home warranty needs.

Best regards,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: July 26, 2018

I was in need of a service call on my dryer. I was apprehensive as totally unacceptable service was rendered by Sears and Home Depot’s warranty group. My call was met with an attitude to get my dryer repaired. I was given a number for the repair company assigned to me and was told they would contact me the next day.(If no call received call AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL). The call wasn’t needed as repair company called as promised and we discussed the issue with my dryer. They have had experience with the issue and were going to order parts before they came out as they wanted to fix the dryer on first call.

The day before my scheduled repair date they called to verify the time and date. The next day they showed on time with the parts. Luck was on my side as they had the part needed and dryer was repaired. The repair company employees were courteous and professional and explained how the part wore out. This repair took 2 weeks not 6 months and numerous phone calls. This would have been fixed earlier but my availability was limited and we worked around this. I was very satisfied with the service and have recommended AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND STRANGERS. PS DRYER RUNS LIKE NEW!!

Hi Albert,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you recently had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great network of service contractors and we appreciate you acknowledging their good work. We are pleased to hear the dryer is fixed and running "LIKE NEW!" If anything else should arise, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward continuing to provide warranty protections for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: July 25, 2018

I learned we had signed up for 3 home maint plans in error. I called ARW to cancel & request a refund. In discussing this with your Rep (Kursha **) she solely convinced me if I were to keep a home maint plan, she strongly recommended I should keep my plan with ARW and why, canceling the others, which I have done. I don't often praise sales people but I must say Ms. ** was knowledgeable and helpful regarding all phases of your firms home maintenance plans and I would highly recommend her to supervise and training program you might have for new hires or even a refresher class to older employees.

I am at my WA State home until this fall, which is where the location of my property covered by my plan with ARW. On 4/16/18 I called ARW & requested a copy of my plan & its coverages. On 6/27/18 I received a letter minus the plan coverages from your firm. Ms. ** was requested to send this information to me which she assures me will be done in 7-10 days, far too long for me, however, I have no choice so I will wait for it to review & consider renewing my plan in Sept 2018.

Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback. We have a great team of customer care representatives here at ARW and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work.

If there is anything you need assistance with, you already know who to call.

We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: June 14, 2019

Prompt and courteous. Fixed the problem quickly. I was notified by the repair company who was coming and at what time. They also sent pic of person. The whole service call was done in orderly manner. There were no problems. It all went well.

Hello Bonita,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the services we have provided for your claim. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise. We look forward in continuing to provide for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Best customer service. Fixed our equipment on time. Was able to find a local service contractor to get our electronic items fixed. Will highly recommend this service to friends and family members. Satisfied with service. Will contact company if other issues arise with electronics.

Hello Kuldip,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 13, 2019

Very helpful in identifying dryer problem. And also providing necessary advice to make sure I get the best use out of it moving forward. For example the dryer vent should be periodically checked to make sure it is not getting clogged, that would prevent the dryer from working too hard, pushing out the heat.

Hello Gregory,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 9, 2019

I switched from another company because the quality and customer service was poor. Since joining ARW, I have prompt service and the quality of the contractors is spectacular. I would recommend ARW to anyone who asks! Thank you ARW for the quality work you provide.

Hello Kelli,

Thank you for your kind review. We are thankful for your recommendations and are glad to hear that you have received great service through us. Please do not hesitate to reach out if any future need should arise. We look forward in continuing to provide service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Oh My furnace went out. What a headache right?? Wrong. We called American Residential Warranty. They scheduled a repair tech. Sent him out and got us back in the heat. Any future problems we will be sure to call American Residential Warranty.

Hello Ella,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your heat claim was resolved and that everything has been restored to normal functionality. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should any future need arise. We look forward to continue to provide service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I've had this service since 2015, and I've had two requests for assistance. Both times the problem was solved, & services was good. If and when I know of anybody who needs this service I would recommend American Residential Warranty.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for the kind review and recommendations. We are pleased to hear that your claim was resolved and that you were pleased with the services. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should any future need arise. We look forward to continue to provide service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My central air unit broke down after I had just given birth to a newborn. I called them and they were able to have someone contact me about the repairs within the week. The man that came to my home to do the work was extremely friendly and professional.

Hello Ebony,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your claim was resolved and that you were pleased with the services. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should any future need arise. We look forward to continue to provide service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Garage door - When I called the Operator was very delightful and easy to follow. She indicated to me that they would take care of my situation immediately. And indeed they did. The repair person showed up the next day and repaired my garage door. It is working Excellent. I will recommend to my family and clients your Company. Thank you for an excellent completed job... Steve

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that the issue with the garage door claim has been resolved. We appreciate the recommendation and please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the future should any need arise. We look forward to continuing to provide you service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Fix washer, had some kind of code the tech came and found the problem. Then he repaired the machine. The technician was courteous, clean. He knew the machine and how to fix it. He did an excellent job and a very short amount of time. Thank you.

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied by our service and that your washer has been repaired. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise. We look forward in continuing to provide service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The contractor came out as soon as possible. I had an appointment and they came on time. They fixed what was needed, but I had to wait on the part to come in. When the part came in, I was called for them to make an appointment for them to come by and finish. Hands down to American Residential and their contractors. I had used three companies and they are the best one.

Hello Zsa Zsa,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that your claim was resolved and that you are happy with the outcome. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should any future need arise. We look forward to continuing to provide you service for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 4, 2019

When my washer broke all I had to do was make one phone call to American Residential warranty and they took care of everything. I did not have to do anything else. I am so pleased with American Residential warranty and how fast my washer was fixed.

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that the issue with your washer has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should any future need arise. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: May 30, 2019

This is a company with awesome customer service. They are polite and expedient service. I don't really think I could ask for much more from them. The best thing is the inexpensive co payment. With timely service as well as very experienced techs to serve.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our overall service. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any need arise. We look forward in continuing to serve you for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Fix dish washer - The guy introduced himself at the door. Came in looked at the problem and started to work on it diligently. Very knowledgeable in what he knew how to do. It didn’t take him long at all. I’ve used American Residential Warranty a few other times. I received good service every time.

Hello Adrianne,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to heard that your dishwasher claim was resolved quickly and efficiently. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should a need arise. We look forward to continue to provide you service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 28, 2019

American Residential Warranty did an outstanding job repairing my dishwasher. The company they recommended was on time, and very professional. I would like to have the same company repair all related items. I do recommend American Residential Warranty to all.

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your A/C claim was resolved. Please feel free to contact us for any future needs as we look forward to continue to service you for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Air conditioning - Great Service. The service tech called introduce himself and let me know the approximate time he would arrive. He also call to let me know he would be early in enough time in case I was away from home. Very professional and fixed the problem.

Hello Uvonne,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that the issue with your A/C was taken care of. Please feel free to contact us with any future needs as we look forward to continue to service you for your home warranty needs.

Best Regards,

Original review: May 25, 2019

Washing Machine Repair - This was our first claim but I was very pleased with the responsiveness and customer service. The service call was exceptional and everything was fixed in one appointment. The technician was polite, personable and professional. We were able to file the claim and schedule the service quickly. Our washing machine is working fine now.

Hello Cass,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your washing machine claim was resolved and that you were pleased with the service you received. Please let us know if there is anything we can do as we look forward to continue servicing you for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We recommend American Residential Warranty to all our family and friends. The operators are polite and have a quick response to our needs. Would not want to buy a home without having American Residential Warranty. Great Great Great Great Company.

Hello Deborah,

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the recommendations and are ecstatic to hear you are pleased with our agents. Please feel free to reach out to us with any future needs as we look forward to continuing to service you for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Very good service. I tell all my friend the work is great. I not change. I am very satisfied with your company. All my experience with American Residential is the best experience. I told my sister. She will be call you.

Hello Anne,

Thank you for the kind review. We very much appreciated the recommendations and we are happy that your range claim was taken care of. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is ever any need. We value the opportunity to continue to provide service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Repaired microwave stove. Good job but 4 weeks was too long to wait for repairs. I was told that someone will come and make repairs more quickly but it is what it is. Thanks for the good job that was did.

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for the kind review. We are grateful for the opportunity to service your home warranty needs. We apologize for the delay in service and will most definitely be reviewing what caused the delay. However, we are glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Please feel free to contact us if there are any needs moving forward.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Washer & dryer were both broken, With the help American Residential Warranty we were back up & running in a week. The technician that came out was super helpful & was very professional. He always called to give us a heads up that he was on his way 30 minutes prior to his arrival time.

Hello LaTara,

Thank you for the kind review. We are happy yo hear that the issues with your washer and dryer were resolved quickly. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can do. We look forward to continuing to provide you service for your home warranty needs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2019

This is my second service request and my second unpleasant review with this home warranty company. I really hate that I thought the grass was greener with this company. As far as this issue. I called in a claim for an air condition not cooling my home. They scheduled a repair person immediately which was fabulous! I was pleased. The repairman came out looked and found the issue and left. Didnt say a word. I went to look for him. He was gone but I had a missed call from American Residential leaving me a very pleasant message stating my air conditioning coils had a leak and that was not a covered repair, so I have to find someone to fix it. Wait what????

When I signed up for this warranty I was told ac and heat and all duct work and every was included. Why would I get this is coils was not included? I call back and I am told oh that and upgraded package. Well no one ever told me about any such thing. What a scam and a rip off. I have paid into this scam of a warranty for over a year and now they won't even cover a repair? I'm done. I am filing a complaint with the BBB informing them I was never told of any such add-ons to cover additional parts regarding ac and heating. I will also be calling I to cancel this service. I will also get the 2 people I referred to the warranty to also cancel and return to our previous home warranty programs. This was such a disappointing experience and a waste of money.

Hello Reginna,

We were able to review your claim and your policy and we appreciate the opportunity of allowing us to do so. Unfortunately, we are unable to extend coverage for the failure within under the plan that you purchased.  We allow all customers the ability to modify their plan to add or remove any coverage that they would prefer upon reviewing their declaration page and terms & conditions which are sent by email within 24-48 hours after enrollment. If there is anything else we can do to assist moving forward, please let us know.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My microwave started smoking and not heating. A technician came, diagnosed the problem and discovered it could not be repaired because no replacement part could be found. He reported his findings to ARW. After a few days passed and no from anyone, I called the company and they immediately sent me a check to cover a new one.

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that your microwave claim has been resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future if there are ever any needs. We look forward in continuing to provide you service for your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I've had good experiences with this company whenever I've called them about filing a claim. They've sent out qualified techs that have been customer service friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company to family and friends. My experience with this company has been a pleasant one.

Hello Tamara,

Thank you for the kind review and the willingness to recommend. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the level of customer that has been provided to you. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is ever a need ! We're looking forward to continuing to provide for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: May 16, 2019

Heating system was not working and I called the warranty company and they came out and fixed the problem. I am trying to get my daughter to get this company to get her home with the warranty also my co workers here at Jefferson Davis high school to join but best of all this service man was courteous and kind. I enjoy having been able to get the warranty company. Thanks for all you do.

Hello Anita,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that the issues with your heating system were taken care of. We really appreciate your willingness to recommend us to your friends and family. We are glad you find value with us and we look forward to continue to provide for your home warranty needs. Please feel free to give us a call if there is anything you need !

American Residential Warranty

Original review: May 14, 2019

Great customer service and value for the price. Much better than other home warranty companies I have dealt with. I am very pleased with the service I get and will not go back to the others I've had in the past.

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the kind review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide service for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty coverage exclusions

American Residential Warranty does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via American Residential Warranty's sample contract.

American Residential Warranty coverage limits

American Residential Warranty only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemAmerican Residential’s coverage limi
Plumbing advantage$500
Well pump system$1,000

American Residential Warranty claims

How to request service from American Residential Warranty:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW online or over the phone.
  2. ARW will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
  3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
  4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
  5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

American Residential Warranty contractors: American Residential Warranty gives customers the option to use an ARW approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

American Residential Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?
Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call American Residential Warranty for prior authorization before starting work.
Can I get an American Residential Warranty without signing a long-term contract?
Yes. ARW does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.
Is there a cancellation fee for American Residential Warranty?
No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is American Residential Warranty worth it?

American Residential Warranty makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an American Residential Warranty plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, American Residential Warranty may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

American Residential Warranty Company Information