toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience - It is our goal to be efficient and professional with our services! Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Kim.

Original review: March 17, 2017

American Residential Warranty is the way to go!! They handled my claim quickly & the customer service is unbelievable!! I could not have chosen a better warranty company!! The monthly payment is very economical & there is no contract involved. I would recommend this company hands down!

Dear Felipe,

Thank you very much for the feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about your positive experience with our services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I was able to have my oven repair next day. The service save me from purchasing a new stove and I can now focus on home remodeling??? I was able to get next day repair service. Great job. I will continue to use the services.

Dear Joseph,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is so glad to hear about your experience with our services! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Joseph.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 11, 2017

The pool repair staff handled the problem within 15 minutes. Thanks H & H. Gary/Casey saved my warranty company a lot of money. He showed up before scheduled, drove right into the issue I presented him and knew right away the problem. Thanks again.

My experience with Towson Appliance Service, was wonderful. The young gentleman, was pleasant and was all about his work and he cleaned and hauled away all of the old items he took out and replaced with the new one. As far as American home Warranty I would recommend you to many of my friends. You are true to the word. You didn't take all day to have someone to come out and repair what I needed to have done and I thank you so much and I appreciate being with you as a customer.

The service call was made and I was scheduled an appointment. The service man showed up only about 10 minutes from my appointment window set time, which meant no long waiting. He was in and out. Detected the problem, ordered the part and was there as promised to repair my refrigerator in a timely manner. I was extremely satisfied and none of my food spoiled. Excellent service and worth monthly payments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Dear Puneet,

Once again we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Our system was updated by GE Repairs on 3/15/17 that the part was no longer available for the range and arrangements were made for replacement. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 13, 2017

My GE kitchen stove broke down 6 days ago. I called the claims department and the first thing they did was to charge me the copay. Then they connected me to GE repairs who didn't have any slot available for 10 days. I was lucky that another customer cancellation gave me a tech slot after two days. The tech showed up on time and deemed the broken part unavailable. He told us that he would be submitting the report right away and I would then need to follow up with ARW on next steps. It's been five days since the report was suppose to be submitted but I am still waiting despite multiple reminders. Every time they have the same standard response: "Wait 24-48 hrs." A non working stove for seven days and counting. Horrible...

Dear Ms. Maureen,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, really make an effort to go above and beyond for our customers. We are very happy to hear that you have experienced a professional quality of services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Maureen.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Sears technician was terrific. Had to order a part. He came right over when I called to tell them part was in. He fixed it, was very professional. I used to have American Home Shield. They're were a definite 0 and your rating is a positive 5

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear that our services are continuously being conducted quickly and efficiently! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Michael.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Dryer repair was handled professionally and in a timely fashion. We were notified as to the problem, parts were ordered by the technician and shipped to our home. We contacted the technician once parts arrived and he came out and completed the repairs.

Dear Ms. Sandra,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very glad to hear that you have experienced a fast and convenient process - we know this is very important! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Sandra.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 4, 2017

I am extremely pleased with American Residential Warranty. I love the way that when I call with a problem, they are "Johnny-on-the-spot." I love even more how it only cost $55 co-pay for the services. I recommend American Residential to all my friends.

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your great experience with our services. It is our goal to create an easy process for the customer, and please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 3, 2017

Having just recently purchased a 60-year-old house. I thought it would be wise to purchase a warranty. Having no prior experience but based on recommendations found on the Internet, I purchased American residential. First time I needed them (Noisy dishwasher) they were great. Call them, they recommended the repair Company in my area, made my appointment. Call twice to make sure I was satisfied with both of their service (American home warranty) and the service technician they recommended. Cost was exactly what they said, it would be $50.

Dear Mr. Phillip,

Thank you very much for the great feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty are very pleased to hear that you have had great experiences with our services. Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Phillip.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Had to get an appliance serviced so I went ahead and included another that had been nagging for weeks. Same technician fixed both within days of sending the claim. I would definitely recommend ARW to any current or future homeowner.

Dear Ms. Kimberly,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience with our services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2017

The repairman was very professional. We spent a day coordinating schedules then he came out the next day to make the air conditioner repair. Although he didn't have the part, he got the part and returned the same day. Thank you so much for your timely service.

Dear Leonard,

Thank you very much for the feedback! American Residential Warranty strives to make repairs to our customer's appliances as fast as possible. We apologize that the technician told you he would return the next business day and did not show. We strive to have our customer's appliances repaired as fast as possible.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

The repairman was out in a timely manner to repair the over range microwave. Quickly discover the problem with it but he did not have part to repair it. He told me he will be back out the next business day with the part to repair it. The next day came he did not show, so I called and was told I had to wait a week for part to arrive in mail before repairman come out again.

First tech said he doesn't do service at Oak Ridge. 2nd one couldn't get through your work permit after being on the fone for 30 min. He was leaving so I paid from my pocket to get the work done since there was no water in the house. Are you going to pay part of it to me? I paid $1500.

Hi Mary,

We apologize about the delay in getting the reimbursement to you. We are working to improve this process so in the event you use your own service provider in the future, that the claim payment is expedited. Our records indicate the check was sent FedEx 2nd Day Air on March 2, 2017. The tracking number for the check is as follows: *******60334.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We appreciate your business and are here to help.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I had a mixed experience with American Residential Warranty. The experience with the electrician was great. Problem was I had been told I could pay in full myself and send invoice to the office, and would be reimbursed for the amount minus the $55 for service call. All of that was done and it was taken care of on the 14th of February, and as of today have not received a check from the company. In calling they said they had never received it although it had come through on my email from the company and the address it was sent to was HWAP@thewarrantygroup.com. I had the electrician send another invoice with the word "Reimbursement" in subject line which I was instructed to do. Now I have to wait again for another week or two to receive my money back and I am on a fixed income, and it is hard for me to let it go this long.

Dear David

I show that you spoke one of our resolution specialists here at American Residential Warranty and the issues have been resolved. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I have been paying for a home warranty service for two years, never filing a claim. The other night my hot water heater went bad. I filed a claim, and they sent a technician to determine the problem. Once he determined I needed a new water heater (10 seconds), he said he would call the company to let them know. An hour later, I still had no feedback. I then called the company and had to wait 15 minutes before reaching someone. She said the tech has to call the order in. Two hours later, I speak to someone else (again waiting 15 mins). Still nothing. When I texted the tech, he said he could not get through to them after trying 3 times. When I called back again, I asked them to call the tech instead of waiting.

On my next call they informed me they would only cover $300. They then gave me erroneous information about the price the tech quoted. Then they said I had to arrange the repair myself. This company gave me so much bad information, that I still had no answer about how to replace my unit. Why was I paying them? Then another person called me and gave me the same bad information that another rep gave me. They seem to just make stuff up. It takes forever to speak with someone, then when you do speak with someone they have bad information. So after 24 hours of working with them, I have no clear resolution. As like anything, one never really knows how a service like this will be until you need them. Then you realize you really don't need them at all. Do not sign up for this service, as it is a complete waste of money.

Dear Ms. Barbara,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! American Residential Warranty is very glad to hear about your positive experience with our services. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Ms. Barbara.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

The plumber came on time and worked the entire time to resolve the problem. He was very polite and explained his procedure as he worked on the problem. Before leaving, he made sure everything was working properly. I give Moore's Plumbing grade A+.

Dear Mr. Rahul,

Thank you very much for the feedback; American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your recent experience with our services. Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I called to file a claim. The vendor came and replaced the garbage disposal. It was quick, simple scheduling and easy. I am glad I selected American Residential Warranty. The customer service team who help file claims was very friendly and asked simple questions.

Dear Ms. Rosalee,

Thank you very much for the great feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about your experience with our services! Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Ms. Rosalee.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Very good experience and technician was very helpful and explained everything... Very cordial. I will be sure to tell family and friends about American Residential... Very happy customer. Just hope my next claim will be just as GREAT!!!

Dear Louis,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your recent experience, and please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Terry was professional and courteous - very good experience - wasn't sure has experience with American Residential warranty would be but I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the level of expertise that was given - I would gladly recommend your services to friends or family members in the future.

Dear Mr. Mattie,

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about this recent experience. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Mr. Mattie.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Repairman was experienced, respectful, and productive. Job well done. l am back to using my almost new washer with no problems noted. I was really happy to use Sears for repairs as they were store item was purchased. Great job American Residential warranty company. I was contacted by someone to make sure I was happy as the work was progressing.

Dear Ms. Lois,

American Residential Warranty would like to thank you for the detailed feedback! We apologize for any inconveniences our service calls may have caused you - a goal of ours is to inform our customers of additional coverages that the customer may or may not be aware of.

To further give you some information, Ms. Lois: As the customer, you are also able to refer outside contractors to our Approved List. If you visit ARWContractor.com, you may fill out a quick referral form if you are ever interested.

Lastly, you can always call our Customer Service Department with any specific questions or concerns at 1 (888) 508 - 8886.

Again, thank you very much for the thorough feedback, and have a wonderful day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

This company has been very good overall. What I do not like is the pushy man who calls from the home office after the service call to see how it was. He does listen to me, good and bad, but then he tries to sell me extra insurance that I absolutely do not need and he does it every time. I also don't like the premium price. $49.99 a month seems a bit high to me. However, the service call fee of $55.00 is a very fair price. On the good side of it, I can request a particular repair company as long as they are on ARW's approved list. Also we always get courteous service from them and it's usually in a timely manner.

Dear Ms. Jacquelyne,

Thank you so much for feedback. American Residential Warranty is very pleased to hear about your experience with our services thus far. Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Jacquelyne.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

The part which I needed to repair the microwave was handled expeditiously. The part was mailed to my home and ready for the repairman to install. The gentleman was punctual and courteous, finished the work, cleaned up after himself and left after I signed the paperwork he had to submit to the company.

Dear Ms. Jacquelyn,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We, at American Residential Warranty, are so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience with our services. And, we are glad to hear you have recommended these services to your friends and family! Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Ms. Jacquelyn.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

The tech was on time and knowledgeable of the work order. Excellent customer service; I rate the experience a 10. I recommend this company to my friends and family. Tech had a friendly attitude, and very helpful, and made my experience pleasant.

Dear Ms. Daisy,

American Residential Warranty thanks you for your detailed feedback! It is our goal to make this process go smoothly for you, as the customer - that is what we aim for! Please do not hesitate to call in the future, Ms. Daisy.

Again, thank you so much, and have a wonderful day,

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

The young lady who took my claim also made sure that it was in the right process The person who came out was able to tell me the problem and I was able to understand how to fix it. The customer service guys made sure that he connected me with the other offers that you tied to discounts from other agencies. Thanks.

Dear Ms. Marvelene,

American Residential Warranty thanks you very much for the feedback! We are so glad to hear about your positive experience with our services thus far. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future, Ms. Marvelene.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Good service. They were on time and fixed the freezer. Notified me when they were on the way. They had to order a part and installed it the next day. Very polite. I would recommend this company to others.

Dear Ms. Clara,

American Residential Warranty would like to thank you immensely for the feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had good experiences with our services thus far.

Allow me to review some information for you, Ms. Clara: If you already know or would like to find a great contractor that is not on our ARW Approved List, you may visit ARWContractor.com! At this website, you may fill out a quick referral form - this may help expedite future services if you would like.

Again, thank you for the feedback, and have a wonderful day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I have been very pleased with the service lately from American Residential Warranty. Yes, I would recommend a friend. The only problem I have experienced in the past was not being able to find a contractor in my area in a timely manner. But overall I have been satisfied.

Dear Mr. Harold,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We at, American Residential Warranty, are very pleased to hear about your positive experience. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future.

Have a Great Day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I called with my problem and it was taken care of quickly... no complaints!! The person I spoke with was very nice and courteous... and the company that came out to do the job was quick and courteous. Makes doing business a pleasure... nobody likes bad business!!!

Dear Mr. Dale,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is glad to hear that you have received great and fast service - that is what we aim for! Please do not hesitate to call in the future.

Have a Wonderful Day,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Excellent and fast response. Individuals that represented your company were excellent and very knowledgeable. They knew what they doing. Excellent service in every way. They arrived at our house within the time frame that we agreed on and immediately began diagnosing the problems. Thank you for the great as well as fast service.

Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for your feedback! American Residential Warranty is pleased to hear about your experience with our services, and please do not hesitate to call us in the future!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I am happy with the experience because the technician was very professional. He came in and completed the job. And it did not take him long. I am happy that I chose American Residential Warranty, and will be referring my brother and friends.

American Residential Warranty Company Profile