4.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

PROS

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

CONS

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Top American Residential Warranty Reviews

04/09/2019

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW representative to the service provided, it gives me all the more confidence in ARW should I need help in the future.

04/15/2019

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payments are affordable especially when repairs can be so costly. Get it and you won't regret it!

American Residential Warranty plans

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
  • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
  • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
  • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
  • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

American Residential Warranty cost

The average cost for American Residential Warranty is between $36–$55/month depending on the plan you select. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

Their most popular plan, Platinum Premier, runs $54.99. This is on the higher end of typical home warranty costs, which generally range from $30–$60/month.

American Residential Warranty has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. American Residential Warranty’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage Monthly Cost
Heating and Cooling$35.99
Kitchen Plus$29.99
Platinum$46.99
Platinum Premier$54.99
4-in-1 Bundle$114.99

American Residential Warranty coverage

The Platinum Premier package from American Residential Warranty is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Pool/spa

946 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

When my washing machine began to malfunction I called, my claim was handled immediately and I'm totally satisfied with the services I received. I would totally recommend the company to all of my friends. I plan on using your services for a very long time. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been with AHW for over a year now. The first claim I filed things went smoothly and quickly. No issues. They replaced my appliance with no hassle. The second claim I filed took about two months to handle and was very stressful but that was due to the company assigned to my claim. AHW checked several times on the status of the claim and called the company several times to expedite the matter. The issue was with the service company not AHW. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Works with my schedule for getting the necessary repairs done in a timely fashion. Prompt, courteous service. Ensures everything is in working condition prior to leaving job. Easy to work with. As frustrating as repairs can be it is a necessary evil as a home owner.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your issue was repaired. Our customers are our priority so if there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My hot water heater stopped heating water. Called for service and the next day a technician showed up. He said the thermostat needed to be replaced. Within 15 minutes he was completed the work. He was fast, professional, and friendly.

Hi James,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your water heater was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Our hot water tank starting leaking and I called American Warranty and they did get busy finding someone in my area to come and look at the hot water tank, We ended up needing a new hot water tank. American Warranty helped pay for a new one to be installed. There is no way we had the money at this time to have one put in on our own. Thank you American Warranty.

Hi Paula,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your hot water tank was repaired and that we were able to help you with this issue. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: April 16, 2019

My microwave would not heat. They contracted a company and all went well with the repair. They included the parts, labor, and had it up and going in no time without replacing the whole unit. Very pleased and happy about the whole experience.

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your microwave was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Washer repair. Service request placed, company made appointment and arrived to fix problem. The repairman was nice and thorough. The problem was accessed and fixed, I was very happy. I was worried I would have to go to the laundry mat but the company took action immediately.

Hi Deborah!

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your washer was repaired and that you're satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Hi Melva,

Thank you for the kind review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your stove was repaired and that you're satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 15, 2019

A recent poll of the Iowa caucus going I would definitely recommend American Residential warranty to friends and family. You all are second-to-none. You are a great. It's not my first time using you. Thank you very much and God bless.

Hi Louis,

Thank you for the kind review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your oven was repaired and that you're satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My Heating system stop working upstairs and when contacted your company they process the claim and had someone out to the home in hours on that Sunday. Your services has been excellent since we joined the company services. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Low cost with excellent customer Service and easy access to whomever you want to use to repair your items in your home. I very glad we saw your ad on the ESPN channel. Couldn't believe this was so true of the things covered in the package deal.

Hi Timmy,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your heating unit was repaired and that you're satisfied with our service. Our customers is our priority so if there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I love this service. When something goes wrong with something in your house all you have to do is call and they will take care of whatever is broken don’t know what I would have done without this service.

Hi Edith,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of our Ultimate Electronics Protection Plan and now your computer is now fixed. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your electronics and for your home.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I am very happy with how American Residential Warranty handled my washing machine claim. The technician was unable to fix my washer so they purchased a new one for me. They were very prompt and courteous. I plan to recommend this service to my family and friends.

Hi Penny,

Thank you for the kind review and the recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you're enjoying your brand new washer from our replacements department. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 14, 2019

My washer went out, I called AW to make a claim, I received a call from the tech very quickly. I been a customer for about 8 years and I am very satisfied. Great customer services, and very knowledgeable technician.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the kind review and for your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your issue was repaired. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 13, 2019

Loyal customer for some years and I must say every time we had an issue with our appliance, plumbing or any electrical service it was always handled in a professional manner. We appreciate the fast and professional service. If you're looking to always have outstanding coverage and not looking to worrying about the things replaced I highly recommend this company.

Hi Connel,

Thank you for the kind review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your plumbing issue was repaired. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. Our customer support team is ready to answer any question that you may have. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My dryer stopped. I called ARW, reported the problem along with other information. Repairman was at my residence the next day. Problem solved. Repairman was very professional and knowledgeable. I highly recommend ARW. This was my first experience and I was truly satisfied.

Hi Terri,

Thank you for the kind review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your dryer was repaired and that you're satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Company is excellent. Am glad we have you in our corner. If you would of not came in TV l would have not known about y'all. We had a bad pipe break and American warranty saved us we the 50. Deductible. l was so happy because l would have been out of a lot of money.

Hi Rose,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your plumbing issue was repaired. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have made a couple of claims with them and each time I have been totally satisfied! One of the claims I had to call back and they did a follow up and fixed the issue, great investment!! One of the items wasn't even a 2 years old (Samsung) amazing they don't make them like they used to...

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your claims were resolved and that you're satisfied with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Excellent and Professional job. I had a motor to go out on my upstairs unit. Each agent I spoke with was very courteous. I would definitely recommend them. The job was finished in two days. My home was also left cleaned. Thank you for your great service.

Hi Lena,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your furnace was repaired and that your experience was positive. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 9, 2019

This is a super awesome company. Had to get plumbing work done and the worker was very professional about it. Will and have got FRIENDS to become customer. All of the phone worker as well are great. I love the way they get right back with you.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for the kind review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your plumbing issue was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have 3 large claims. They were all handled very fast. They repaired the items they could and replaced the items that could not be repaired, Excellent and prompt service. I DON'T know what I would have done without their service at the time I WAS NOT able to take care of it myself.

Hi Roscoe,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your claims were repaired and replaced. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I was extremely pleased with the service provided in replacing my Garbage Disposal. The problem was addressed within 24 hours and the technician was very professional. I even received a follow up call from American Residential Home Warranty to make sure that the work was to my satisfaction.

Hi C,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you're enjoying your brand new garbage disposal and that you're satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW representative in arranging the repair service to the prompt and efficient service provided by the service representative who completed the repair work, it gives me all the more confidence in ARW should I need help in the future.

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your issue was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had a great experience. Unfortunately the repairman couldn't fix my refrigerator, so I had to get a new fridge. And the new fridge is perfect. The new fridge is way better than the last one. I was able to get one that comes with an ice maker.

Hi James,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you're enjoying your brand new refrigerator from our replacements department. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The refrigerator was freezing everything, and the oven was not working on the stove. I called American Residential and they got in touch with a appliance company who sent someone out to look at the problem which they took care of. Now my stove and refrigerator is working.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your stove and refrigerator were repaired. It's great to know that you're happy and satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2019

They signed me up for best coverage, cost a small fortune but assured me I’d be covered at 100%. Turns out they only covered 300 dollars out of 700. So I had to pay contractor 400 dollars. Company is a scam! Then when you call for executive office, they say they don’t have one. Now I have to file in small claims court!

Matthew,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. Our records show your policy became effective on 3/21/19. On 4/1/19 two claims were filed; one for plumbing and one for a refrigerator. Again on 4/4/19 another separate plumbing claim was filed.

We always strive to provide the best experience possible, so we will initiate a full review of your claims to make sure they are progressing and have been adjudicated properly.

Once the review is complete you can expect a phone call from our corporate customer care team with an update.

Kind Regards,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 8, 2019

Very good and prompt Job well done. Took care of my problem. I would recommend Resident Home Warranty is very good. It is very very good to have. I recommend everyone should join the American Resident Home Warranty. I love my plan.

Hi Tonnie,

Thank you for the kind review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your stove was repaired and that you had the best experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Every time I have called I get great, fast, nice experience people who know how to do their job and know what they are talking about. No matter what time I have called day, night, weekend, I always get a fast response to my answer.

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your issue was repaired and that you had the best experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty,

Original review: April 5, 2019

This company has done a great job, and employed a very friendly staff. I would certainly share my experience with friends and family. Keep up the great work! American Residential Warranty is the company of choice when it comes to warranty services for your home.

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for the kind review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear that your issue was resolved and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 4, 2019

Our hot water heater went bad after 14yrs. Called ARW to assess the hot water heater and our options. ARW had someone out to look at the hot water heater within 48hrs. Once it was confirmed the hot water heater needed to be replaced then ARW sent us a check to replace the system.

Hi Phillipe,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your hot water heater problem was resolved. Our customers are our number one priority so if there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 3, 2019

When I needed toilet repair, I contacted American Residential Warranty (ARW) customer service for a plumber. The plumber fixed the running water toilet and save me a money on the water bill. I am happy with ARW customer service and will recommend family and friend get a free quote from ARW.

Hi Faith,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your toilet was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty coverage exclusions

American Residential Warranty does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via American Residential Warranty's sample contract.

American Residential Warranty coverage limits

American Residential Warranty only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemAmerican Residential’s coverage limi
Plumbing advantage$500
Well pump system$1,000

American Residential Warranty claims

How to request service from American Residential Warranty:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW online or over the phone.
  2. ARW will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
  3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
  4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
  5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

American Residential Warranty contractors: American Residential Warranty gives customers the option to use an ARW approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

American Residential Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?
Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call American Residential Warranty for prior authorization before starting work.
Can I get an American Residential Warranty without signing a long-term contract?
Yes. ARW does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.
Is there a cancellation fee for American Residential Warranty?
No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is American Residential Warranty worth it?

American Residential Warranty makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an American Residential Warranty plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, American Residential Warranty may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

American Residential Warranty Company Information