Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

49 Hamilton Beach Microwaves Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have had the microwave almost 4 years now with no problems. It's easy to clean except for the inside of the door. That is a pretty common issue though. I would recommend it but I would recommend any microwave. I have never seen one stop working yet.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have used this microwave almost every single day, sometimes more than once, since buying it in May 2017, and it has never failed me. It's dark red, to match a few other items in my kitchen, so different than the typical cold white or shiny black color usually seen in appliances. The panel offers choices to make it easy to cook = instant buttons or push the start button for 30 second increments. It's a good microwave, available at a fair price (about $75) at Walmart.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

It's not as big as the original one We ordered. But it does the job we want it to. It heats up and cooks fairly fast and efficient - is always a good sign in a microwave. It even heats without scorching.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Bought this additional microwave oven to make popcorn in my basement TV room. It is a very nice little appliance and does everything required of it. I just hope it gives me many years of service. This is the 2nd Hamilton Beach appliance I have owned. I would recommend it to all.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This is a great value microwave. It's 900 watts and performs almost as well as an 1100 watt appliance. It's black and red and looks great. It's great for steaming vegetables as well as reheating and light cooking. Had it 2 1/2 years now and am still very happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Works as advertised. Fairly easy to clean. Power level correct for most uses. Power usage not excessive. Control panel straight forward making the microwave simple to use. The size is good for home or work use.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The microwave I bought at Walmart, I bought it because of size, color (red) and price. Ever since it was about a month old it gets hot and shuts down and if I had to buy it again I would not. My Emerson lasted 10 years.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I would have purchased another brand if I knew this one sucked. The plate in the inside makes noise when it is rotating. Very irritating. At the time this one was all that I could afford. Although the outside of the microwave looks gorgeous.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Purchased a Hamilton Beach 900 watt microwave January 2019 from Walmart. Whenever I placed something in to warm it a few seconds, it burned my food. Continued getting worse until I placed a donut in it for a few seconds and the microwave did not shut off. My kitchen was filled with smoke and donut was burned black. The microwave was filled with smoke and I thought it was on fire. I called Walmart, they advised there has recently been an extension of return policy on this particular microwave from Hamilton Beach. I returned it for a full refund and will never purchase another product from this company. Very scary to say the least.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This microwave sometimes overcooks and sometimes undercooks. This is my 3rd one. The first sounded like a train. The 2nd one did what this one is doing. Would not recommend this microwave. It is a waste of time and money. I have had to struggle in and out of my house and to a cart and put it in a car then in the store. This will be the last time and would not recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Am going to return this microwave after having it a few weeks. I've always had inexpensive 800 watt Sharp brands that last me for years. With this 900 watt Hamilton Beach, even though I adjust the cook time Down to allow for wattage difference, when I cook anything with meat in it, the meat gets overcooked and hard on the part of the meat that is sitting closest to the turntable. The turntable also make a grinding noise occasionally. Also the buttons are hard to push, and there is no "Melt" button, which I use a lot.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I've had my 1,000 watt Hamilton Beach microwave for 5 months & already making a noise when the turntable goes round. I talked to customer service & they said bring it back in the original box. I don't have the original box so I can't return it!! VERY upset with this purchase!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Microwave started on its own and had to be unplugged. It would not shut off even when opening the door. Very scary. Only 13 months old. Just like other review. No more Hamilton Beach. Did it twice within 2 hours.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Was very pleased with my microwave. Worked well from reheating a cup of coffee to cooking the carrots. Then in the middle of fixing lunch it died. Had just pulled one dish out and put the next in, when I closed the door it started without having put in the time or pressing start. Then it wouldn't stop unless the plug was pulled. It also did not warm the food. Consumer support, listed in the manual, said problem was beyond them and gave me a Wal-Mart (Where I had purchased the microwave) warranty number. My warranty was no longer valid because I had purchased it 15 months ago -- warranty is for 12. Knew the oven was inexpensive, but I expected more than 15 months lifetime. Shoppers beware! Won't buy Hamilton Beach again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

1000 watt Hamilton Beach microwave started to make noises and flickering after only 14 months of use. Last night it shorted out completely, thank heavens I was standing there keeping an eye on it as I always had after it started sounding like it was trying to quit on us. Turned off breaker immediately to avoid injury or fire or damage to electrical outlet. This was so bad I have concern now about plugging anything else into that outlet even though I acted very quickly to shut breaker off.

This was our first Hamilton Beach microwave, unless they make things right for all of us here, this will be my last one from them, ever. It was nice when it did work.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We bought this countertop product to replace a less than 4 year old, expensive, over the oven unit (a GE) that started blowing the circuit breaker and was no longer usable. This unit works but almost immediately started making loud, worrisome noises sounding like a lawnmower. We are returning it to Walmart before the 90 day warranty expires.

No electronic device lasts forever but this is another example of cheaply made, mass-produced Chinese JUNK that has a short service life barely making it to the short (1 year) warranty. Years ago, we had over-the oven microwaves that lasted much longer than 5 years. Where do you get these things today? Not in America! The reliable brands are gone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We've owned our microwave since June. It is now October, and now we are trying to figure out why it would start going by itself! My husband in the hallway, Im on couch with my dogs, it started by itself! No time set on it, whatsoever! Is it getting ready to go out? Blow up? What should we do?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I purchased my Hamilton Beach microwave 1.1 from the Walmart store. Less than one year later rust developed on the floor of the inside of the microwave. Recently, we discovered a burn hole in the floor located inside the microwave which of course renders it useless. After extensive research, I found that the Hamilton Beach company sold its name to a Chinese company. After reading all the negative comments I will not even try to get a refund. This situation is exactly why I do not hesitate to take anything back in the normal 30 day window. It appears that businesses have decided to use inferior materials and labor knowing that appliances will be passed their warranty periods when they fail. By the way, we own a microwave that is over 15 years old i'm still working fine. I will look for another older microwave on eBay and Craigslist to replace this Hamilton Beach joke.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Bought the Hamilton Beach 1.1 cubic foot microwave July 22, 2018. Used 3 times. The first use barely heated up my food, same with the second use. Today it tripped my GFCI plug (thank God I have that) and was crackling. Smelled like burning plastic. Microwave is toast!! We have a smaller (.9 cubic foot, I believe) Hamilton Beach at work. That one started having turntable issues 1 month after we got it. Will never buy a Hamilton Beach microwave again. Will be taking mine back to the store tomorrow for a refund!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought the 1.1 cubic microwave for my mother less than 2 years ago. On this Mother's Day it quit heating. Got it from Walmart. Would not take back. They said it was out of warranty. Microwaves should last more than 2 years. Will never buy any Hamilton Beach products again. Also time kept going back to military time. Would not stay on regular time no matter what you do. Very bad product. Shame on you HB. I saw same complaints.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I just bought a Hamilton Beach Microwave to replace an old GE. It does not get as hot as my old GE 1000 watt. It took about one minute and 10 seconds at the most to boil a cup of water with the GE. The Hamilton Beach take almost 2 minutes. I will be taking it back to Walmart.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My Hamilton Beach 1000 Wt Microwave, Model HB-P10034AP-M4W, quit heating, without any warning. I purchased this at Walmart 03/12/16. I had my receipt, and called the Consumer Support # listed on my Owner's Manual. They had me perform a "hard reset", which didn't work. They said it was beyond the 1 year warranty period, so they suggested I purchase another microwave. I explained that the unit was not quite 2 years old, kept very clean, used moderately, and not abused in any way. I asked if there was any way I could be compensated in some manner due to the situation. I was told since the manufactured date of Nov. 2015 was beyond the 18 month limit, it wasn't eligible for a "discounted refund", either. They admitted they had received other calls concerning the same complaint. I purchased this microwave because it offered everything I was looking for; however, I will NEVER buy another Hamilton Beach product!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This microwave is a little over 1 year old, however now the pre-programmed buttons don't work. I can only utilize the one 1 minute button and the start button, I don't have a clue what happened and wish I knew of a fix for it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Attention!! DO NOT BUY HAMILTON BEACH MICROWAVES AND OTHER PRODUCTS! THEY'RE ALL CHEAP AND UNRELIABLE! I bought the Hamilton Beach 1000 watt microwave at Walmart, it quit heating after less than 3 months. I had the receipt so Walmart exchanged it for another one. Well the 2nd one did the same thing, quit heating food after less than 2 years and it happened right before Christmas. I'm disabled and cannot afford a new microwave right now. So I'm SOL and have to reheat food in the oven and on the stove, and with my health issues this is very inconvenient for me, not to mention time consuming.

Hamilton Beach only has a 1 year warranty on its products because they know they're all pieces of crap! You would think that a over $70.00 microwave would last longer than a couple of months or even a couple of years. I contacted Walmart's home office and suggested they stop carrying this product. I contacted Hamilton Beach as well and all they could do is give me an apology. I've had issues with other Hamilton Beach products in the past, their blenders are pieces of crap, took it back to Target and got a refund. I will NEVER purchase anything made by Hamilton Beach ever again, I suggest no one else does either.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Bought the 1000 watt microwave at Walmart in October 2017. It quit heating on December 21 2017. Took it back to Walmart but didn't have receipt and they refused to take it back. I had bought it as a gift for my son and cannot get it refunded or replaced by Walmart. Will not buy any more products from Walmart as well as no Hamilton Beach products. A piece of junk.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The light bulb burnt out in the wife's microwave, went to several repair parts sites. None of the sites recognize the model number listed on the back of the microwave. In fact none of the sites even list Hamilton Beach as even being a manufacturer of microwaves. Sent email to Hamilton Beach but have not heard back yet. Had I known that there were was no parts available even simple ones I would have bought a different brand.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I'm so mad!!! I bought the Hamilton Beach 1000 watts a year ago at Walmart and I have a large family. I'm the only one working and I have no receipt and by reading the reviews there's no good out come to my problem. The microwave just stopped heating food??? I will not buy this brand anymore so I advise who's looking to buy don't because it will do the same!!! If anyone can help me with a new microwave I will be satisfied and rewrite my review.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought a Hamilton Beach Microwave and up under the plate it has started to rust. I have only had this microwave for two yrs and I called them. They are not willing to do anything for refund or replacement just because I did not have my receipt. Who keeps a receipt for this because you don't anticipate it happening? They are not willing to do anything for refund or replacement just because I did not have my receipt. I will never buy anything that Hamilton Beach on it because they do not stand behind their products at all. I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING THAT IS HAMILTON BEACH.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It has been reliable for as long as I have used it, which has been one year. The controls could use a little work, they seem a bit less user friendly than I like. It always seems to bother me when I am cooking. I wish that I had a manual or something. But I didn't have to set up the microwave oven. I have set up microwave ovens before, in my previous home, but not this one. Microwaves are a bit heavy, but I always seem to be able to find help with the installation process. Also, I like the space of open cooking area, functioning of the door, how it fits with the cabinets, the ease of cleaning the unit.

Original review: July 17, 2017

It has a nice modern design and is very easy to use, many different settings for all my needs. I like the color and the wattage and power that it has and cooks my food quickly and thoroughly. All of the settings meet my needs. It was very easy to set up, just plug it in and it works great. It works the way I expect it to and have never had an issue.

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Company Information