2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?

Original review: May 31, 2020

Bought the Hamilton Beach 700w microwave less than 8 months ago. I used it maybe once or twice a day, a few times a week. Never longer than 5 minutes per time. Within 3 months the turntable mechanism started skipping but then was fine after a few days. Yesterday it stopped heating anything. Lights, timer, turntable all still worked. After looking online all I see are numerous issues with them. This is the second and last Hamilton Beach product I buy. The first one was a coffee maker that the hotplate burned the coffee within 3 minutes. Since I can't find my receipt or have the box it is now just scrap.

Original review: March 4, 2020

We owned the toaster oven for 2 months and it stopped working. We called Amazon and then Hamilton Beach and sit on hold for hours and then get dumped into a voicemail. Then we get a call back with no one there and the call disconnects. We have waited now well over a week and no return calls. We are getting totally jerked around over a toaster oven and just want a refund but cannot get them on the phone. Do not buy from this company

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I used the unit and it ran very hot. After, I unplugged the unit from outlet and now the clock won't set?! Leary of using because it was so hot to the touch around the outside of it.... I have had it for about 3 months since I moved into my new place?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I purchased this microwave in 2018 from Walmart, had to return the microwave as the turntable did not work at all. Walmart exchanged it for the same model and here it is 1 year and 8 months later and the turntable is making popping noises. I don't believe it is a problem with Walmart but a problem with Hamilton Beach. I will not buy another product of Hamilton Beach. Previously I owned a GE Microwave bought in a local small town hardware, which worked for 30 years. The stuff that is produced these days are poorly made and overpriced for cheaply made appliances. Upon reading other reviews The turntable seems to be a common issue. Get it together Hamilton Beach and make your product worth buying.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I bought a Hamilton Beach 0.9 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel-Counter-top Microwave Oven at Walmart and after I got it home and set it up. Within the ending of the first month the control started to give me problems. A few of the numbers on the panel started to quit on me and not work. Then within my 2nd month, the entire Microwave oven panel quit working completely and now I can't return it. I thrown away the receipt and can't return it to Walmart store and now have pay what it would cost to buy a new one just to fix the old one, a 2 month old Hamilton Beach 0.9 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Counter-top Microwave Oven. I don't know if I bought a defective oven or is it just a junk model, but I am without a microwave oven thanks to Hamilton Beach Company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

So we just threw out old microwave out. We had it 13 years!!!! Through 3 moves and I'm pretty sure if we didn't have teenagers it would still be going strong. Hamilton Beach products has never let us down!! They are withstand a lot of drops and dings from toddlers to half sleepy adults. Very very good products and affordable. So of course we only replaced it with the best. PSSSS this one has a little chrome in it. UPGRADE!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Worked fine for awhile but here in the last two weeks it has started making a noise like electric zapping and popping, I unplugged it and when I went to move it I noticed the bottom was hot as fire. I paid for a 2 year warranty through Walmart, but because the only option I could find to select for my claim was a manufacturer defect Walmart won't honor my warranty. I've since quit shopping at Walmart and I submitted a claim to Hamilton Beach, still waiting to see if anything will be done. Next time I'll probably buy another brand from anywhere but Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I purchased a microwave one year ago. It has now stopped heating. I am a senior citizen and cannot follow the troubleshooting directions. I am not about taking the cabinet apart. I asked for assistance many times but have been sent from department to department and asked for the model number several times. This is quite frustrating. Since I use this microwave every day this is a major inconvenience for me. I am highly disappointed in this nonservice.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I bought this 900W Microwave from Target two years ago. It worked fine until a couple of months ago. I noticed some reddish-brown color showing inside the cabinet underneath the rotating plate. I tried to clean it and some of the white coatings flaked off. What a joke of an appliance this is. I'll never buy another Hamilton Beach product ever!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I purchased this microwave from Walmart about 6 months ago. About 2 months in, it started making scary zapping sounds then, yesterday, I went to warm some food up and as soon as I hit the start button, crackling, zapping, and electrical bolts of lights went off inside. I have no idea why this happened. It was plugged in properly, no metal or anything to set it off like that was inside, it just zipped and zapped. Worst experience I've ever had with a microwave!

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Company Information