4.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 18, 2017

21 Hamilton Beach Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 18, 2017

It has been reliable for as long as I have used it, which has been one year. The controls could use a little work, they seem a bit less user friendly than I like. It always seems to bother me when I am cooking. I wish that I had a manual or something. But I didn't have to set up the microwave oven. I have set up microwave ovens before, in my previous home, but not this one. Microwaves are a bit heavy, but I always seem to be able to find help with the installation process. Also, I like the space of open cooking area, functioning of the door, how it fits with the cabinets, the ease of cleaning the unit.

Original review: July 17, 2017

It has a nice modern design and is very easy to use, many different settings for all my needs. I like the color and the wattage and power that it has and cooks my food quickly and thoroughly. All of the settings meet my needs. It was very easy to set up, just plug it in and it works great. It works the way I expect it to and have never had an issue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2017

I love that it is a small microwave yet powerful and has so many different functions and features. The Hamilton Beach Microwave is easy to upkeep and there are never any problems with it or the way it is to be used. It was a value microwave which at first I was skeptical, but after all was said and done, it works extremely well. It was a ready-to-use item right out of the box. It needed to be cleaned up from the foam parts, but the features and functions were very self-explanatory and created no problems.

Original review: July 15, 2017

When setting up the Hamilton Beach microwave, what we did is plug it in and it was ready to be used. It is insanely easy to operate and is accurate for the wattage. I like that it is easy to use and the buttons are relatively large, so people in the household with weaker eyes can use it without assistance. It has ample space in it to cook the family size meals from the frozen section, so in a pinch we can feed a group of people. However, The bulb in it died after 30 days, so we've been using a dark microwave since then. When the timer goes off, it's severely quiet, so it's hard to tell if it's still running, especially with the light bulb issue. Also, it has caused power surges, so it isn't really power friendly. It meets our needs, but minimally. Unfortunately, once it starts to fail, we will be looking for something better, likely from another brand.

Original review: July 14, 2017

It's pretty much a normal, standard, run of the mill microwave. It was given to me as a gift from my parents. It would always be nicer if microwaves were faster or could heat food more evenly and efficiently, but that's an issue with all microwaves. They also don't taste as good as food heated in an oven. But it performs all of the necessary forms and functions. You pop the food in, you hit a button, you hope it's heated thoroughly. If not, try again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?

Original review: July 11, 2017

Hamilton Beach microwave is a very good microwave brand and I have had it for 6 years, I have had no issues. This brand of microwave I have is very simple to use, it doesn't take 10 steps or 20 minutes just to heat up one thing, simple buttons and minimum know how, very easy. It is not complicated. You push a few buttons and you are in business.

Original review: July 10, 2017

It was very simple to set up. I took it out of the box and plugged it into the wall. I wiped it down with some soap and water just to make sure it was sanitized and ready to use. After that There was nothing left to do but actually use it. It met my expectations very well. It is large enough to heat up a full plate of food and heats things up quickly. I love the color of it. It is a pretty red that matches my kitchen. It's pretty easy to use; my 6-year-old operates it just fine. I wish though it had two levels like some of the larger microwaves I've seen other places have. Having the top level that's usually just a wire rack to set things on and then the bottom surface that usually rotates would be awesome. I have a large family so this feature would really come in handy for me.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Setting up the Hamilton Beach microwave is simple. All the parts were already fixed so I don't have anything that I have to put together to make it work which is great. Just plug in my power cord and it was working. I like the one touch heating option available. I will be able to heat my food with a touch. I also like the style, speed cooking, and defrost by weight. However, sometimes it's making noise when cooking. Sometimes it will overheat my food. Defrosting takes too long for meats even if I select defrost by weight. It's light weight which sometimes make it move easy when handling it with food.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I like that the Hamilton Beach Microwave cooks well without any problems. It was on sale so I got it cheaper and it came in black which doesn't really show dirt. The process of setting up and using my microwave was easy. All I did was take it out of the box, set it onto the counter and then plug it in and it worked. So far, everything about it is great and it is still running good after two years of having it.

Original review: July 4, 2017

The process of setting up this microwave was very easy and streamlined. I followed the directions in the booklet that was provided. Overall it took probably 10 to 20 minutes to completely setup. It definitely meets my expectations and I think whoever composed the instructions did a really good job. But I think the interface could be improved somewhat. Sometimes I cannot find the exact setting I need when making certain types of food. I would like to be able to navigate the buttons a little more easily. I also think the size of the microwave could be bigger. Right now I am unable to place large platters of food in there. But what I like about the Hamilton Beach brand is the efficiency, price and style of their products. I also like the packaging that the microwave comes in. It is very pleasing to look at and I believe they make great products that last a very long time.

Original review: July 3, 2017

The process of setting up the Hamilton Beach microwave I am using was very simple. All I had to do was place it where it was going to be stationary and plug it in. There was a clock so I set that up as well. Everything met my needs and expectations. I like that it has 1 button settings for certain foods as well as 1 button starts for minutes of 1 to 9. It also has a 30 second times that you can start or add on to time that you are already using.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I like that the Hamilton Beach microwave is small and does not take up too much counter space. It has basically all of the features I need. It is a less expensive brand than others, however, it does the job I need it to do. Although I wish it had more of the extended features that a more expensive microwave might have. Other than that, it is quite easy to use. Just set it on the counter and plug in. The enclosed instructions were clear and easy to read and I was able to set the clock and figure out the features quite easily.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The process is very simple. Usually the Hamilton Beach microwave already has a designated button for a certain food that I can just press. All I do is place the food in and set my desired time. I like the popcorn button. I also love the LED timer, power saving feature and the temperature settings on the microwave. The large size of the microwave is convenient also. But sometimes I wish it came with something that I could cover the food with so that the microwave would not get dirty all the time.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I like that it has a timed defrost feature that actually just defrosts and doesn't heat up the product. I like the easy-to-read, digital display. It is easy to clean and I am in control of every setting on the microwave. The setup is really easy because it functions like a normal microwave but where it differs is the accurate ability to control the settings in just a few clicks. It is extremely easy especially for popcorn and frozen entrees because they already have a preset setting that takes the guesswork out of the equation. But I do wish it had a bigger cooking area for some of my bigger tasks. I wish that the light inside the microwave was a little brighter as well.

Original review: May 24, 2017

The process of setting up the microwave is very easy. I followed the manual came with it. It's very user friendly. It's met all the requirements of our daily needs and it's very good to hot the meals and defrost and prepare some foods like cakes, grill chicken, etc. I also use it for my child's water boiling, preparing some oats and preheating things. It's a very good microwave and its features are excellent. It does the job in few seconds. The watts of this microwave are very good.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I like that the Hamilton Beach microwave always works well. The display is really large and bright as well. Also, the food cooks consistently each and every time. It was a little difficult to install. But it was really easy to use once I was able to get it installed. The buttons are very simple to use and push and there are never any challenges I face. I love it. It works greatly for me and I know I can count on it.

Original review: May 20, 2017

This microwave is easy to set up and use, you just plug it in and turn it on as needed. Meets my expectations and needs. Only a mounted one might be more difficult. I like the sound of the beep, and how it turns off itself. Also, I like how easy it is to use and how it looks in my kitchen. I like how easy it is to clean as well and the LED lighting. But I would like to be able to use it as a toaster oven as well and I would like the watts to be changeable if possible.

Original review: May 19, 2017

It's very simple to set up. It took less than 2 minutes. It is so perfect and meets my needs and I didn't have many expectations for a microwave but it works good. I like that it has great variety of 1 button options. The design is great as well as the color and I feel the materials are of high quality and will last a good length of time. The buttons are great to use and very easy to press and the power of the microwave is good.

Original review: May 18, 2017

It was very simple to set up. Just took it out of the box and plugged it in. Then set the time and it was good to go. It is also very easy to us. Only took a little trial and error to figure out the best times and settings to use for cooking. The defrost setting works very well, after getting to know how long to set it for certain amounts of frozen foods. It also has an easy to set timer, which we use for other appliances and general needs because of its convenience. However, the reheat button doesn't do a good job of reheating but not additionally cooking the food so that's a feature I simply do not use. We also lose power fairly often, even if only for a brief moment, but each time we do we have to reset the clock before we can use the microwave again which can be fairly annoying.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I like the buttons for popcorn, pizza, baked potato, and reheat. These features make it very easy to microwave foods by just one button. I also like the 30 second feature. I can add 30 seconds to anything that is being heated or cooked. It also lets you input the numbers by hitting time cook and then input the numbers. I also like that it has defrost feature where you can defrost food very easily. It also has where you can just input numbers to cook. These features make it simple for everyone to use. However, it is a little bit hard to clean the inside of the microwave by it having the vent holes in the inside. I don't want water and soap to get inside the holes while cleaning.

Original review: May 16, 2017

When I set it up, I opened the box and took off all the plastic wrap, unpacked the glass plate that turns around, unwrapped the plastic round piece that the glass plate fits on and put that inside, then the glass plate then plugged it in and that was it. I like that the microwave is compact and not super big. I also like that it matches my kitchen because it is red in color and that it has a 30 second button and if pressed multiple times it just keeps adding 30 seconds at a time. But the microwave will not let me enter an exact time to heat/cook unless I first click a button that says time cook. If I want 4 min and 30 seconds I have to first click time cook then the 4 min and then the 3 then the 0 buttons.

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Company Information