4.0/5 (38 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?

Original review: May 5, 2022

Bought at Xmas time from Wal-Mart. Ended having turntable ring broken. Called warranty for replacement. It's May and still waiting for email to say it's being shipped. Should have returned in the hassle of Xmas then I would have a working microwave.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I have had a Hamilton Beach Microwave for years with no problems until one day I tried to heat a cup of soup and suddenly the door popped open. The glass turntable was cracked and underneath where it cracked the motor or whatever it’s called was going on fire. I quickly pulled the plug and luckily called the landlord because I wasn’t sure if it had to do with the outlet even knowing it was a new outlet. So I went to Walmart to purchase a new microwave only to realize when I got it home it was the same exact microwave! I was very surprised but as I stated I had that model for years with no issues!

So instead of rushing to return it and before plugging it in and trying it, the landlord, on the phone with me the entire time, suggested I heat up a cup of water for a minute or less just to see if anything would happen. Well yes the same thing happened as though it was going to go on fire. The landlord decided even though the outlet was new he replaced it again anyway. In short there’s an issue with the Hamilton Beach Mid Size Microwaves I bought from Walmart and even though I was able to return them, I suggested to the manager they look inside so they can see for themselves the issue so that no one else purchases this defective fire hazard. They chose not to look so heads up!

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

These are the best microwaves in the market right now. I have been able to find the most stylish microwave for the most affordable prices that are worth every penny. They make amazing gifts and people love receiving them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

The microwave that at times will not heat food. If it does it takes three times as long. At other times that we have used it real repairman come out, take a look at it, he sounds very poor machine. Have a lot of complaints on this machine. This time company complain about how it works and they said that's the way the forms typically that's normal for their brand. Well I will not recommend this microwave nobody absolutely nobody. I bought it at Walmart. That should have told me something by itself. That's my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Unit has 1000 watt power rating, most microwavable foods require 1100 watt unit for best performance. Sometimes difficult to adjust cooking times. Otherwise works very well. Would purchase again depending on price.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I just bought a small, cheaper microwave for my apartment and I was very happy with the one I bought. It's easy to use and cooks my items thoroughly. It's easy to clean too. It had a rotating plate to help cook things evenly as well.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I chose this microwave due to the price and size. It actually was a little larger, more powerful than what I was used to and I am glad I did. It works great for reheating and defrosting. The only thing I have cooked in it so far would be vegetables.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I am familiar with my microwave and I like it. It is mighty and useful. It is now two years old and is losing a bit of its power but still works well most of the time. The microwave has a nice design and great feature. It has a popcorn button that often burns the popcorn but if you take it 50 seconds early it is perfect.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Heating level selection in increment of 30 seconds, 1 min-8min. Very basic. You get what you paid for. The last Sharp Microwave oven only last 13 months past the 1-yr warrant because it's made in China. Prior to that Sharp Microwave Oven made in Japan lasted 10 years. The first microwave was made in USA and lasted 18 years!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Most microwaves today don't have handles and you have to push a button to open them. I was searching for one that was economical but that also had a handle which none of the stores in our community had. I finally found a Hamilton Beach microwave that met all my needs and that has proven to be extremely reliable over the past year.

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Company Information