Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

50 Hamilton Beach Microwaves Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have had the microwave almost 4 years now with no problems. It's easy to clean except for the inside of the door. That is a pretty common issue though. I would recommend it but I would recommend any microwave. I have never seen one stop working yet.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have used this microwave almost every single day, sometimes more than once, since buying it in May 2017, and it has never failed me. It's dark red, to match a few other items in my kitchen, so different than the typical cold white or shiny black color usually seen in appliances. The panel offers choices to make it easy to cook = instant buttons or push the start button for 30 second increments. It's a good microwave, available at a fair price (about $75) at Walmart.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

It's not as big as the original one We ordered. But it does the job we want it to. It heats up and cooks fairly fast and efficient - is always a good sign in a microwave. It even heats without scorching.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Bought this additional microwave oven to make popcorn in my basement TV room. It is a very nice little appliance and does everything required of it. I just hope it gives me many years of service. This is the 2nd Hamilton Beach appliance I have owned. I would recommend it to all.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This is a great value microwave. It's 900 watts and performs almost as well as an 1100 watt appliance. It's black and red and looks great. It's great for steaming vegetables as well as reheating and light cooking. Had it 2 1/2 years now and am still very happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I purchased this microwave from Walmart about 6 months ago. About 2 months in, it started making scary zapping sounds then, yesterday, I went to warm some food up and as soon as I hit the start button, crackling, zapping, and electrical bolts of lights went off inside. I have no idea why this happened. It was plugged in properly, no metal or anything to set it off like that was inside, it just zipped and zapped. Worst experience I've ever had with a microwave!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Works as advertised. Fairly easy to clean. Power level correct for most uses. Power usage not excessive. Control panel straight forward making the microwave simple to use. The size is good for home or work use.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The microwave I bought at Walmart, I bought it because of size, color (red) and price. Ever since it was about a month old it gets hot and shuts down and if I had to buy it again I would not. My Emerson lasted 10 years.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I would have purchased another brand if I knew this one sucked. The plate in the inside makes noise when it is rotating. Very irritating. At the time this one was all that I could afford. Although the outside of the microwave looks gorgeous.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Purchased a Hamilton Beach 900 watt microwave January 2019 from Walmart. Whenever I placed something in to warm it a few seconds, it burned my food. Continued getting worse until I placed a donut in it for a few seconds and the microwave did not shut off. My kitchen was filled with smoke and donut was burned black. The microwave was filled with smoke and I thought it was on fire. I called Walmart, they advised there has recently been an extension of return policy on this particular microwave from Hamilton Beach. I returned it for a full refund and will never purchase another product from this company. Very scary to say the least.

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Company Information