Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Microwaves?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I am familiar with my microwave and I like it. It is mighty and useful. It is now two years old and is losing a bit of its power but still works well most of the time. The microwave has a nice design and great feature. It has a popcorn button that often burns the popcorn but if you take it 50 seconds early it is perfect.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Heating level selection in increment of 30 seconds, 1 min-8min. Very basic. You get what you paid for. The last Sharp Microwave oven only last 13 months past the 1-yr warrant because it's made in China. Prior to that Sharp Microwave Oven made in Japan lasted 10 years. The first microwave was made in USA and lasted 18 years!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Most microwaves today don't have handles and you have to push a button to open them. I was searching for one that was economical but that also had a handle which none of the stores in our community had. I finally found a Hamilton Beach microwave that met all my needs and that has proven to be extremely reliable over the past year.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

My brother bought this for me about 2 years ago now! I love it! It heats things up really well. Makes things hot. Defrost well. Cleans out easy. Does not burn at the touch. Was a great gift! Sadly my brother passed away after he bought this but so thankful for his kindness.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

It cooks food more thoroughly than other brands I've tried. It cooks food fast and splatter is minimal. It's very easy to clean and upkeep. When comparing it to our old Kenmore, the consistency of the food was better in the Hamilton Beach. It's a good deal for the buck.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I bought this microwave for my sister when her old one went kaput. She was 91 and could not figure out how to use it. But I like all the variety options it has. The microwave has many option buttons to choose from whether cooking something from the start or reheating.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have been having my little Red Hamilton Beach Microwave that I purchased from Walmart 2 years ago and it still works very well, and it was under $50! I live in apartment and it a small compact size, but it serves my needs for all my cooking and warming food up!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I love this microwave. It is so convenient. Cooks food evenly and not expensive. It is also convenient for my 9-year-old granddaughter to heat up her something to eat real quick for lunch. You can cook a whole meal in it and it's easy to clean.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Good value... It's modestly priced... Performs well. Have had a year now and no issues... Control panel is easy to navigate. I was not looking for a 'wave with a lot of frills and the low priced 900 watt Hamilton Beach is just right for me.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Like my microwave with Hamilton-Beach, cooks quickly, easy 1-push minute cooking, great thawing options, easy to read buttons and options due to the color scheme. Would definitely buy again, if it continues to be efficient for a long time.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Relatively compact, powerful enough, very simple and convenient in usage, affordable. We are using second MW in a row. First one my wife burned :) and ask for another one. Our usage frequency - approx 10 times per day.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

This microwave is simple to use, very low cost and I have had for 7 years, very good price ordered it online and had it shipped directly to me. Also very easy to clean. I would recommend for a starter in college.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

The Hamilton Beach microwave is perfect for those looking for an inexpensive small countertop unit that tends to outlast the $50 spent! It has one button push features. Not the quietest, but not annoying either.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

We bought Hamilton Beach Microwave about ten years ago, recently I tested for radiation leak and had positive results, I bought a second one just to be on the safe side in case the old one no longer functional.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Just got 900 watt, under $50. One touch button 30sec-6min. Ultra quiet, only low humm running. 1 few times running had to take 2 look to see it moving. Will bring 1.5 cup of water to boil in less than 3 min.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Really happy with the product quality and price. Compared to comparable size and specs, the Hamilton Beach grabbed my attention. The alert beep is a nice reminder that the microwave cycle is complete.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

After about two years at high altitude and extreme temperatures sometimes inside rooms we were not heating we managed to crack the turntable plate. We simply replaced it. We love our microwave though.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I've had my microwave for about 2 years and I'm a single woman who travels for my job so I'm rarely home to use this. After only about a year I noticed that the paint was bubbling on the inside of the unit. After 2 years the entire bottom of the unit where the rollers sit for the glass plate is almost rusted completely through. The unit doesn't heat food like it did in the beginning. So what used to take only 1 min now takes 3. I actually thought by purchasing one that cost a bit more would be my better choice but my microwave that I had from the 1980's is in better condition than this one is and I use it less than I did my old one.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Bought a Hamilton Beach Microwave, about 6 months ago. No one has used it but me. Worked fine yesterday (Sat. Oct 10,2020). I went to use it today (Sun. Oct 11, 2020), only certain buttons worked, and the digital display only showed partial display.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Bought the Hamilton Beach 700w microwave less than 8 months ago. I used it maybe once or twice a day, a few times a week. Never longer than 5 minutes per time. Within 3 months the turntable mechanism started skipping but then was fine after a few days. Yesterday it stopped heating anything. Lights, timer, turntable all still worked. After looking online all I see are numerous issues with them. This is the second and last Hamilton Beach product I buy. The first one was a coffee maker that the hotplate burned the coffee within 3 minutes. Since I can't find my receipt or have the box it is now just scrap.

Original review: March 4, 2020

We owned the toaster oven for 2 months and it stopped working. We called Amazon and then Hamilton Beach and sit on hold for hours and then get dumped into a voicemail. Then we get a call back with no one there and the call disconnects. We have waited now well over a week and no return calls. We are getting totally jerked around over a toaster oven and just want a refund but cannot get them on the phone. Do not buy from this company

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I used the unit and it ran very hot. After, I unplugged the unit from outlet and now the clock won't set?! Leary of using because it was so hot to the touch around the outside of it.... I have had it for about 3 months since I moved into my new place?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I purchased this microwave in 2018 from Walmart, had to return the microwave as the turntable did not work at all. Walmart exchanged it for the same model and here it is 1 year and 8 months later and the turntable is making popping noises. I don't believe it is a problem with Walmart but a problem with Hamilton Beach. I will not buy another product of Hamilton Beach. Previously I owned a GE Microwave bought in a local small town hardware, which worked for 30 years. The stuff that is produced these days are poorly made and overpriced for cheaply made appliances. Upon reading other reviews The turntable seems to be a common issue. Get it together Hamilton Beach and make your product worth buying.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I bought a Hamilton Beach 0.9 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel-Counter-top Microwave Oven at Walmart and after I got it home and set it up. Within the ending of the first month the control started to give me problems. A few of the numbers on the panel started to quit on me and not work. Then within my 2nd month, the entire Microwave oven panel quit working completely and now I can't return it. I thrown away the receipt and can't return it to Walmart store and now have pay what it would cost to buy a new one just to fix the old one, a 2 month old Hamilton Beach 0.9 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Counter-top Microwave Oven. I don't know if I bought a defective oven or is it just a junk model, but I am without a microwave oven thanks to Hamilton Beach Company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

So we just threw out old microwave out. We had it 13 years!!!! Through 3 moves and I'm pretty sure if we didn't have teenagers it would still be going strong. Hamilton Beach products has never let us down!! They are withstand a lot of drops and dings from toddlers to half sleepy adults. Very very good products and affordable. So of course we only replaced it with the best. PSSSS this one has a little chrome in it. UPGRADE!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Worked fine for awhile but here in the last two weeks it has started making a noise like electric zapping and popping, I unplugged it and when I went to move it I noticed the bottom was hot as fire. I paid for a 2 year warranty through Walmart, but because the only option I could find to select for my claim was a manufacturer defect Walmart won't honor my warranty. I've since quit shopping at Walmart and I submitted a claim to Hamilton Beach, still waiting to see if anything will be done. Next time I'll probably buy another brand from anywhere but Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I purchased a microwave one year ago. It has now stopped heating. I am a senior citizen and cannot follow the troubleshooting directions. I am not about taking the cabinet apart. I asked for assistance many times but have been sent from department to department and asked for the model number several times. This is quite frustrating. Since I use this microwave every day this is a major inconvenience for me. I am highly disappointed in this nonservice.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I bought this 900W Microwave from Target two years ago. It worked fine until a couple of months ago. I noticed some reddish-brown color showing inside the cabinet underneath the rotating plate. I tried to clean it and some of the white coatings flaked off. What a joke of an appliance this is. I'll never buy another Hamilton Beach product ever!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased the 1000 watts microwave from Walmart about 5 months ago. I noticed rust on inside top of the microwave, it started making scary zapping sounds, I went to warm some food up and as soon as I hit the start button, crackling, zapping, and electrical bolts of lights went off inside. I have no idea why this happened. It was plugged in properly, no metal or anything to set it off like that was inside, it just zipped and zapped. Worst experience I've ever had with a microwave!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I purchased this microwave from Walmart about 6 months ago. About 2 months in, it started making scary zapping sounds then, yesterday, I went to warm some food up and as soon as I hit the start button, crackling, zapping, and electrical bolts of lights went off inside. I have no idea why this happened. It was plugged in properly, no metal or anything to set it off like that was inside, it just zipped and zapped. Worst experience I've ever had with a microwave!

Hamilton Beach Microwaves Company Information