Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1232 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased Frigidaire appliances for my Kitchen in the house we built. A year and half in my fridge froze up. I called. They said, "No warranty. You’ll have to pay," and the operator told me she recommended I get the extended warranty because as much as it would cost me to fix it, that would be the same amount to pay for the warranty that would cover it to be repaired or replaced for 2 yrs. I unplugged it, let it thaw and it worked again. I bought the warranty. Then 3 months later it stopped working again. I called for repair. Took 5 days for repairman to come check and diagnose it. He had to order parts. It will be 4 weeks on Monday (3 days from now) and still not repaired. I have called twice. They tell you the same thing each time. They regret your inconvenience. They are sorry but there is nothing they can do but wait for parts. They require that parts for extended warranties be ordered through a distributor instead of coming from them directly.

I was told the parts for my repair were in stock in their warehouse but I would have to continue to wait on the parts from the distributor to arrive. They do not care about your inconvenience, they don’t care that their product is broken after 2 yrs. They don’t care you paid $2000 for their fridge and an additional $259 for the warranty. They don’t provide good customer service at all. It’s pretty much "Oh well just deal with it. You’ll get it when you get it." This is the single worst purchase I ever made. And I will NEVER buy Frigidaire again. I have told every single person I know to avoid the company. Anyone that I have told this experience to has been appalled that a company is acting this way. It’s ridiculous.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have an $1,800 Frigidaire Refrigerator that is 5 years old. Upper ice maker stopped working a number of times. Problem is caused by a manufacturer's defect. The back of the refrigerator gets too cold and freezes the ice maker so it doesn't work. Frigidaire has given up on trying to fix the problem (they say the "parts are not available to fix it") and are offering a 20% rebate good for 30 days and suggest I buy a new Refrigerator. I thought Frigidaire was a quality brand. I was wrong. I would not recommend purchasing a Frigidaire product.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I just purchased a 20.8cu ft Model FFTR2021TW. I am currently on my second Frigidaire Refrigerator in less then 30 days. The settings for the fridge and freezer are at MAX and it still cannot maintain temperature. The first one had an issue keeping temp in the freezer. The second one now has an issue keeping temp in the fridge section. The seal on the first one was weak on the freezer section. I had to buy magnets to help keep the freezer door closed because it kept popping open when you closed the fridge door. I had to buy two thermometers to keep track of the temperature. There is no sensor in the freezer so the temp kept rising to 10-15 degrees in the freezer before the compressor would kick on.

Now the second one the fridge is raising to 45-50 degrees and half the time the compressor won’t kick on and I have to trigger it manually. Food has not been lasting long in the fridge and the temp fluctuations are crazy. My 20 year old Hotpoint fridge did a better job keeping temp than this brand-new fridge. I would stay away from this brand of fridge. I am going to try return this one and get a different brand all together. This has been a terrible experience. How can they make a fridge that cannot even maintain temperatures?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Do not buy. Noisy piece of junk. Frigidaire says it does that because it's highly efficient. I say highly defective. Should be recalled. Don't waste your money. Buy another brand. Motor runs often and for a long time besides being extremely noisy.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought a new freezer through Home Depot in January, the freezer failed after 3 weeks. I lost about $2000 in wild game. I asked for the unit to be replaced, they said the only way they would do that is if the repair company deemed it unrepairable. The service company came out and found that the compressor had failed. The compressor won't be available until the end of the next month, I asked again for it to be replaced because of the length of time and they said that was not policy! Do not buy this product, they are horrible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 25, 2019

We bought this as a second refrigerator and the seal is not good at all. When you shut the fridge door the freezer door pops open so you have to double check it every time you close it. Other than that it is ok for someone on a budget or someone like us looking for a second fridge.

Original review: March 25, 2019

In November 2011 we bought an entire matching group of Frigidaire appliances; Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, stove/oven, and microwave. A couple weeks ago I moved the refrigerator away from the wall to vacuum, and clean out the dust around the coils underneath. There are two rusty lines running down the back, and coming from a wet rusty spot about five feet up. This wet rusty spot has frost on it. We had an Amana refrigerator that we bought new and left with the house when we sold, 21 years later, and it worked great. We bought a new Samsung in 2000 and left with the house we sold in 2000 before moving to our current home. It also worked great.

Thinking that a spot that was rusting through the steel on the back of my refrigerator must be a manufacture defect, I politely called Frigidaire to inquire. I may have as well called you the reader, as Frigidaire. They did the same as you would do, told me to, "call a local repairman!" They are a great company with quality products, and awesome customer service. NO, NOT REALLY, THEY SUCK! Within two years of the purchase we noticed the digital display on the stove, was slipping down and out of place. The chances of me buying another Frigidaire appliance, are about the same, ok, even less than, me being invited to the White House (no matter who the President is) and accepting the invitation.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in September of 2018. On December 20, 2018, the ice maker on the door stopped working and I noticed it was freezing some of the food in the refrigerator section. Since then we have had SIX, YES SIX visits from repair guys who have replaced water valves, air handler housing kit, gasket, taped foil, and who knows what else. I have to wait for the SEVENTH visit to replace the control board and heater.

Regarding some of the food getting frozen in the refrigerator area, one repair person recommended I set it to 39 degrees instead of the recommended 37 degrees. One of the repair guys said it would freeze any food towards the back because of the DESIGN of the refrigerator. The cold air from the freezer is pushed up to cool the refrigerator area so any food towards the back of the refrigerator by the air vents would get frozen! Save yourself a headache, I suggest you do your homework and look at the design of the refrigerators you are looking at and look up reviews.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We recently purchased a new home 5 months ago. The owners had purchased several new Frigidaire appliances about 4 years ago when they updated the kitchen. The other night the refrigerator quit cooling. Luckily we had two other refrigerators in the house so we were able to transfer everything to these two without losing any food. The serviceman came out and said we had a defective evaporator coil and it would be about $700 to fix! He said we would be better off to trash this machine and buy a new one for the cost of the repair. This is on a 4 year old refrigerator! How disappointing to say the least. He said Frigidaire is one of the most unreliable makes out there. Needless to say our next refrigerator will not be a Frigidaire!

Original review: March 19, 2019

We are building a house and purchased this fridge November 2018. It was delivered in December however we did not start using it until we moved in, February 2019. First thing that needed replacing was the water line assembly. Then the flipper had to be replaced as there was no spring. The doors have been installed incorrectly resulting in the unit being off balance but as we didn’t notice it within 30 days of purchase and it is deemed cosmetic, they will not fix it. Doesn’t matter that we noticed it within 30 days of actually using it. Now it randomly makes a loud buzzing noise which apparently is “normal” however does wake you up at night! Customer Service was dismal, no attempt to make any exceptions. Nice quality control coming out of the factory, guess we will be purchasing the extended warranty... Very disappointed, last Frigidaire we will purchase.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Have a brand new Model #FFTR1821TSO refrigerator. Rattles constantly, makes knocking noises. Called customer service, they said it's normal - so guess we stuck with it. Very disappointed! Would not recommend this to anyone, unless you don't mind being woke up at night by the noises.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received this as part of program in Philly. Worst fridge ever, guess that is why they are so cheap. Never buy this product. This is the second one in 5 years, not happy. I would take anything but this product.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I like my Frigidaire. It works like it's supposed to. It's big enough to accommodate my family size. It looks okay. I got it in black, and I now wish I would have bought one in shiny black instead of what looks like matte black. Oh and the refrigerator door had to be replaced twice. Second time at my expense.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Refrigerator has been great other than in the freezer the shelves don't hold enough weight and want to pop out, the water light went out within 6 months and it's all digital. Cost too much to replace the whole board.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Purchased a side by side refrigerator in November 2018. Within three months the slide for the basket in the freezer was pulling out of the wall. Called Frigidaire and was told this is cosmetic. As a "courtesy" they sent me a pair of new pegs. There are no threads or anything else in the mounting hole for the pegs to attach to. The weight of the wire basket alone causes the the peg to pull out of the freezer wall. Frigidaire insists that this is cosmetic and not covered by the warranty. Be aware that Frigidaire considers shoddy construction to be a cosmetic issue.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Just be aware that Frigidaire ice makers appear to be a known problem that was allowed to go on for years. I don't know if they corrected them in current models but this particular design was used for many years and they fail miserably. I'm about 4 years in now and it's basically useless. I've bought new parts, replaced the whole ice-maker etc. It still isn't reliable and often dumps water all over the place; very poor design. Buyer beware. I will not be buying Frigidaire products in the future.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The display panel on our refrigerator went out the following year after our purchase. The retailer we purchased from has been out three times trying to fix the issue, which has been going on for a year and a half. Finally I called the manufacturer today. They stated that because it is past the one-year warranty they will not do anything. It doesn’t matter that I have documentation that this issue happened within the first year and that we have been working with the retailer for a year and a half to try to get it fixed. Their solution was that we pay to get it repaired and after 30 days if there are no further issues they would be so kind to let us purchase an extended warranty. I don’t think It would be appropriate for me to say what I would like to tell them to do with that offer. I will never buy another Frigidaire appliance and I would not recommend Frigidaire for anyone.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My mom bought a Frigidaire Stainless steel fridge from Lowe's on 9/2015. Within 4 months, ice started to form around the fan, you knew when the fan starts making noise as it scrapes against the ice. Make a long story short, this has happened about every 4-5 months since the day we bought it. We even purchased an extended warranty, called customer support, but they wouldn't do anything.

The last repairman that came out told my mom that Frigidaire is aware of the defect, but they'll never admit it. He even specifically informed my mom that this issue started happening when Electrolux merged with Frigidaire. Electrolux started using some sort of a digital part, whereas Frigidaire was using the analog part that prevented the ice from building up. I know many others are and have been experiencing the same issue I’ve been having since my mom bought the fridge. NEVER again will I buy a Frigidaire product, nor would I recommend their products to family & friends.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had this fridge for about 2 years. Ice making is terrible, it will make ice when it feels like it. Has not made ice in 3 months, new filter cost me over $60. Have always changed filters in a timely manner. But still makes ice when it feels like it. Now a noise in the back has started. Sounds like a switch or valve opening and closing over and over... Customer service was very unhelpful as normal. I have a gallery dishwasher as well, has been replaced 2 times and the 3rd dishwasher has been repaired once. Overall my experience has been very poor for the money I have spent. Seems like no one wants to take responsibility for the poor quality of the Frigidaire stuff.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchased a refrigerator from Home Depot in July 2018. The day of delivery I noticed a popping sound so I called Home Depot immediately. They came out the next day and they said it needed to be leveled. The sound went away until 3 weeks later when it started to pop again and the refrigerator stopped working. I called Home Depot and the referred me to Frigidaire. That turned out to be a waste of my time. They said they would send out a tech from my local area. 4 days later we got the repair and the refrigerator worked again.

Now this week the refrigerator once again stopped working and all the food was spoiled as the last time it stop working and once again the company called in a tech to repair finding that the fan had failed and it was built up with ice. The manufacturer will not allow for a new replacement. They said as long as it is repairable they will continue to repair however many times it breaks. They will NOT replace. I warn... DO NOT purchase any Frigidaire products. This company does not back their product. I have been forced to buy a new refrigerator and junk the old/new one. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am 67 yrs. old and can honestly say that Frigidaire exhibited the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. I own and operate apartment complexes in Pittsburgh. Bought a fridge through my supplier to replace a malfunctioning unit. Right out of the box, the interior light was out. Thought the bulb was missing? Removed the lens/cover to find the LED light bulb faintly flickering. So dim that if the light cover had not been removed you could not notice it. My supplier and I both contacted the Frigidaire service center. They would not send a service tech out to fix it and stated that since there was a dim flicker that as far as they were concerned the light was working. Will not buy another Frigidaire brand, ever.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Bought the entire Gallery series for my kitchen. Dishwasher broke after only 5 years and replaced. New dishwasher leaves dishes wet. Refrigerator ice maker had to be replaced only after 3 months. Refrigerator compressor started making loud knocking noises after 3 years and ice maker not working again. Even repairman tells me Frigidaire are the products he receives the most calls for. I’m not putting out any more money on these horrible appliances. I’m hoping they just completely break so that I can buy new ones from a different brand. Advice to anyone in the market for appliances, stay far away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Bought refrigerator model lfss2612tpo in March 2019. August 2019 it started making loud noises. Called Frigidaire 4 times on refrigerators loud & repetitive popping and knocking sound, very disturbing & nerve racking, day and night. Recorded sounds on my phone and played it back to the appliance people frigidaire sent out. I told all of them, "Fix it or replace it." The 4th one that came out called Frigidaire and told him the sound it was making. He wrote down on the work order "knocking noise is refrigerant passing thru evaporator as par frigidaire normal". A loud repetitive noise is normal??? Frigidaire doesn't want to fix the noise. It's now 11 months old and same noise. Warranty gone next month. Response from frigidaire people "SORRY FOR YOUR PROBLEM". FRIGIDAIRE IS A SORRY PRODUCT.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Purchased a refrigerator with an icemaker in the spring of 2016. In June the ice maker stopped working. I paid almost $500 dollars to replace the housing of the icemaker. It's 7 months later and the icemaker has stopped working again. Appliance repair was here today and said the icemaker is done. It would be another $500 to replace it. I will not pay to repair it as I'm not confident of its lifespan. This is the second time I've had a house with Frigidaire appliances. Will never buy again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have had my refrigerator for about 1 and a half years. The company that I got the set from have been awesome. But the ice maker and Frigidaire not. The ice maker has been replaced. The circuit board have been replaced. It will work fine for a about 3 or 4 months then it quits. The company said I should have gotten the extended warranty. Do not buy Frigidaire.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchased the best refrigerator that Lowe's had and this was the Frigidaire Professional model. I figured if I spent the most and get the best but what I got was a bucket of lemons. The ice maker has an issue and it is inherit to with all similar model Frigidaire ice makers of this type. The company obviously knows about this. When you call up they try to play naive but of course they do know about this because if you look on the web you see complaints everywhere. The ice maker freezes in the back. The gear will not turn once it freezes and therefore you have no ice on the top ice maker and you have to defrost it somehow.

While it's frozen it thumps as it tries to turn so you spend the night listening to a machine thumping because obviously your refrigerator's on constantly. They'll send a repair Tech to fix it under warranty but in a month is going to happen again and what's your warranty is up or extended warranty plans over you're screwed and you have a machine that's a piece of junk.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We have needed repair on the ice maker four times in two years. Completely unsatisfied with our purchase. We purchase all Frigidaire appliances when we remodeled our home and love the look. However, the fridge has been a nightmare. We kept our old fridge (10 years old) in the garage and have never had a problem. Frigidaire should recall and replace, because we as others have said, will not purchase from the company in the future.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We bought a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator in June of 2016 to compliment a complete kitchen renovation. Here we are in January of 2019, 2-1/2 years later faced with $1000 in repairs. The refrigerant has leaked out and the refrigerator and it will not longer cool adequately. We called the service department at the dealer where bought it. They looked at the issue and said it could not be fixed. After lengthy non-committal discussions with Frigidaire service, they insisted that we use a different company to inspect the refer. We had to pay for the $95 service call. This company found that the unit could be fixed for $890. This is to repair the freon leak and also includes the parts and labor to replace the control panel and display which had also failed. So we will spend more than $1000 to keep this supposedly "high quality" appliance running.

I am very tempted to just scrap it but we already paid $135 to recharge the freon by first repairman and then another $95 to get the correct diagnosis. Frigidaire tells us "there is nothing they can do". Well, there is something I can do, and that is to be very sure that every place that I can find where I can review Frigidaire gets the facts about this company. They will not stand behind their product. They will duck taking any responsibility and will stick it to you when their crappy product fails.

I try to buy American, but in return I expect the quality and service that that implies. You are much better off buying a Korean product like LG or Samsung or even some Chinese manufactured appliance than buying Frigidaire. At least you know the quality is suspect and you don't feel so bad when you have to chuck it after a few years. Shame on Frigidaire, they are driving business and jobs away from America buy not providing the quality and especially the service that we should expect from and American company. Please pass the word, do not buy anything from Frigidaire.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

This refrigerator freezes everything. I have had 4 service calls and it cannot be fixed. Frigidaire will not replace or fix the issue. My food freezes and has to be thrown out. My ice makers which I have 2 will not stop making ice so when I open the door the ice falls on the floor. My product was bought in November 2017 for a new home. We moved in April 2018. This product has been used less than one year. Do not buy their products. Junk!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I purchased a Frigidaire Gallery bottom-freezer refrigerator in 2016. Less than a year later, the door ice-maker stopped working. They put in a back panel to fix problem. Was told this is a common problem with this fridge. Towards end of 2018, ice maker broke down again. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty. The repairman came out twice, replaced front panel, but that did not fix the problem. I called extended warranty for a different repair center, since the first guy appeared to be at a loss. Weeks later, another repairman came, ordered a new bottom panel and installed it some weeks later. However, he found that another part was still needed. When this part arrives, fridge will have to be turned off 48 hours. During that time I will have to clear everything out of fridge & freezer, and we will have to eat out.

I called Frigidaire (Electrolux). Given the defective nature of this ice maker, I wanted a free extended warranty for at least another year. That didn't seem too much to ask, given all the time and money this fridge has already cost me. And with its track record, the ice maker will likely break down again. They would just do 6 months. After that, I will be forced to continue purchasing extended warranties so I don't have to pay expensive repairs on a fridge that has an obviously poorly designed ice maker that will keep breaking down. Frigidaire knew this model had a problem with the ice maker, yet continued to sell it. My advice: Don't be fooled by its good looks. This fridge is a lemon. Also, Frigidaire is no longer the company it once was. They build junk, and then make money from selling extended warranties.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information