1.13/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1183 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Have a two year old refrigerator that I purchased for a new home along with six other products. I wouldn't have another Frigidaire product in my house if they gave it to me! About two months after getting the refrigerator, we started having trouble with the ice maker. I took out an extended warranty (another big mistake). I call Frigidaire and they sent a "so called repairman" out to look at the ice maker. He ended up putting a string and taping it up on the back of the refrigerator to hold up a water line. Had to call him back because ice maker still not making ice.

Called Frigidaire again and they sent out another service repairman. This guy seemed like he knew what he was doing and repaired what he thought the problem was. Still not working. Called Frigidaire again. "We won't send that repair person again, we will send someone else". So repairman #3 comes out and puts in a new ice maker. He left with a comment, "If this don't work, we will call Frigidaire and get a replacement order number and deem this unrepairable". Still not working. Called again and sent the same repairman. "Too late in day to call Frigidaire, will come back next Wednesday, have to be in your house when I call them".

We were out of town on Wednesday and had to have a family member leave work and come to be at our house to let repairman in. He gets here, makes a phone call and advises "he is going to order still another ice maker and will call when it comes in to come back and install it." What a joke. I have called customer service and the response has been everything but polite. We are Sr. citizens and don't need this kind of stress. We really thought we could rely on Frigidaire products, but never again and our friends will know it!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

For a family I would not recommend. Upper ice maker takes 5 days to fill up. Lower ice maker takes 4 days to fill up. Not user friendly for children’s cups or water bottles. Water tray does not stay stable. Water drips all the time fills tray up overnight. Temperature control on door does not show changing temperature of fridge or freezer. POOR DESIGN.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

This is my first Frigidaire refrigerator and I was excited because of the cool name. But within two months, I got ice in the motor, and the refrigerator door gasket was coming off the door. The repair guy unfreeze the ice in the motor and declared the door gasket rotten and needed to be replaced. However, within the next one and a half year, I had to call them 7 times because the gasket kept coming off. Different repair guy tried different things -- lubricant on the gasket, extra sealant on the door side, replaced the gasket and finally replacing the whole doors, both the top and bottom one.

I called Frigidaire to ask for a new one but they cited their usual policy and refused. Now almost three years old, the gasket came off again, the Frigidaire warranty finally had ran out and under the Lowe's warranty, they said the problem was my fault and refused to cover the repair because of the history of how many times the gasket had problem!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Purchased this refrigerator on 9-8-18, less than 1 month later the ice maker started to make less and less ice. Now 2 months since purchased the entire fridge stopped working. Call service and they set up an appointment for the very next day (today). Tech advised the compressor and electrical boards are dead. He would order the parts today and let me know when they come in. I'll keep you posted as to the repair. But, based on the other comments I hope I haven't wasted my $1K.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Worst chirping noise ever. Do not even consider bringing this brand into your home - it is a defect and 3 repair persons have confirmed the same. The noise is a non-stop high pitched chirping coming from the compressor and it is simply awful. Don't buy, Frigidaire or Samsung, total garbage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We purchased a Frigidaire Professional fridge 6 month ago. Both crisper drawers are now broken and unable to be used. The plastic moulding that holds the wheel in place that allows the bins to move in and out had cracked and broken off. Called customer service and advised as to the issue. I was told this is cosmetic and not covered under the warranty. How a defective shelf moulding and broken wheel are cosmetic is beyond me. This refrigerator has been well cared for and used correctly in one home, this is not an overuse issue. Don’t be fooled, do not waste your money, this should not happen to a 6 month old fridge.6

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I built a brand new vacation rental this year 2018. Last year I bought two 2017 Frigidaire side by side refrigerators, one is in a second kitchen in my house and the other one is in another vacation rental I own and I have bought at least 1 new refrigerator a year for the past 7 years and in the past never had a problem with Frigidaire till this one. I bought it (model# LFSS2612TF) in July but it sat in the house unplugged till I got a Certificate of Occupancy Oct 1 and I was staying in the house getting it ready to be a vacation rental the noise is horrible. It actually woke me up at night when sleeping in the first floor master. When I finally got the repairman out to look at it he told there is the copper tubing issue and also no insulation to drown out the sound. Mine is being replaced by Frigidaire due to a faulty seal and I do not want this model again.

I want something that I can sleep at night with this model. There is two other problems that l so it has 2 other known problems. One is popping sound when opening door and other is veggie drawer squeaks. This refrigerator is a piece of junk and they need to stop selling it. I bought mine at Lowe’s and if Frigidaire did not offer to replace it then I would have gone back to Lowe’s as they are great to work with but all retailers need to stop selling this refrigerator until Frigidaire fixes the problem.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We were building a little cabin and I bought my appliances in May. I didn't actually get into the cabin and start using them until October. I noticed that the refrigerator made a horrible popping and cracking sound very, very loud. I called Frigidaire. They sent someone out. The gentleman said it's a design flaw. They know what's wrong. It's the bad tubing in the back but they refuse to acknowledge or repair so I called Frigidaire again. They send out another repairman. He said the same thing. It's caused by the difference in the cooling system In the Heat of the room or something and it makes this God awful noise. Frigidaire refuse to do anything because they said as long as it was keeping my food cold that there was not a problem with it. I can get no response or any help at all from them and I wish I had never bought any of their appliances!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This fridge is about 8 years old. It's been making a clicking noise for as long as I can remember. The manual says noise is normal. The other day it just stopped cooling and freezing. I called a repairman and told him about the noise. He says the compressor is gone and it would cost $800 to repair it. I went out and bought new one for $900. Needless to say IT IS NOT a Frigidaire. I know things break but this was a little too soon.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Look for a different brand. I purchased this freezer October 15, 2017, from Home Depot., as a storage freezer to supplement our kitchen unit. It failed Labor Day, Sept. 3, 2018. I lost everything in the freezer, including a half beef from a local farm, around $800.00 worth of frozen goods. Things break, I understand, so I really do not want to trash the product too bad, as the defective $28.00 imported cheap thermostat is in almost all brands. The REAL problem was with Frigidaire. 1.5 months to fix it. As they rely on local repair people (who in my area are hard to find and very busy) I understand it can take some time. I called and spoke with customer service at Frigidaire five different times and suggested it would be easier to send a replacement freezer as time clicked away without use of this unit. They would not even consider it as it was “repairable”.

Each time I called, they tried to sell me an extended warranty, without fail. At one point I was “offered” a “discounted” 12-month warranty reduced from $38 dollars to $34 dollars. My response was after being over a month without a freezer (up to this point) would it not seem like good business to at least offer some goodwill? I told them that the cost of the warranty was not the issue, really, for the price of a bottle of wine and a block of cheese, it was about stepping up to the plate and keeping a customer. Nope. No way were they willing to do that! So here is what I learned. Frigidaire is in the extended warranty business first and foremost. They lack even the simplest software technology to follow up with warranty repair claims with their customers to see if a repair is progressing or completed, or with their subcontractors (gosh, imagine calling a customer to find out if their appliance has been fixed or what the status was)!

Apparently, they do have software that lets them know when your warranty expires so they can contact you about extended warranty options though. All customer Reps at the call center read from the same script and are helpless beyond that. People I spoke with always were nice and I made sure I kept it professional (they are just folks with hands tied). Purchase from a company that has a sense of what customer service means. In the end all Frigidaire had to do for me was at the very least follow up and appear like they were interested in solving the issue with the freezer, and not try to keep selling me warranties while it was still broken. The very next day after the repair was completed, arriving in the mail, was an “offer” to purchase a 3-year warranty for $160.00. No thanks.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We bought a brand new home in Aug, our refrigerator worked 2 weeks, I have been in contact with Frigidaire (Electrolux) 12 times, this by far the worst experience with appliances I have ever had. They will not replace your appliance when broken, you have to go through along tedious process of wasting your time to find out that you are only covered for part repair until they seen your appliance non-functioning, after you have to wait for upper management to give ok for replacement. This took a week. I have been out down for product replacement a week ago. Still have no refrigerator, called today to find out another third party would be contacting me for delivery. I asked for their number and was given the wrong phone number. I've been without a refrigerator for 10 weeks, missed work for repair to come 3x and I have two small children. DO NOT BUT ANY PRODUCTS FOR THESE MANUFACTURERS, THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This is by far the worst company to deal with. And you cant talk to anyone other than the customer service people. All phone numbers route back to them. I never got callbacks but one time in the 6 months this has been going on. I have a warranty thru the purchase of our house we purchased thru Allen Homes for a double wide modular house. Their warehouse orders thru Frigidaire. The freezer, and fridge went out in June 21, 2018 and it takes 2-3 weeks to get a service person out that all goes thru Frigidaire. The fridge was deemed non-fixable in Oct 3, 2018 after they came out 3 times before, to fix what couldn't be fixed. We are still waiting on an ok to get a new fridge since this is not a year old yet. Still no calls back from Frigidaire people, and were in Nov 7, 2018. Beyond unreal. Not saying Frigidaire is a bad product, but we got a lemon for sure on this one. So where is the customer service help?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I bought a fridge in April. Broke in November. Service never contacted me to fix. The fridge was DEFECTIVE. Had to buy a new fridge. DO NOT BUY THESE PRODUCTS. Horrible customer service. No one in customer service speaks clear English.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Purchased a fridge on October 2018. The 16 cube. Great running fridge and freezer. Nice room inside for food. My mild dissatisfaction is it is a bit noisy. I know that it says it does make some noise on startup from cycling in and out. The outside is a nice tough texture.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We received this fridge when purchasing a house with new appliances. After having moved in we found the fridge was not working on "day 1". It was a new fridge never used but because the process of purchasing and moving in was so long it could not be returned to the store. We called Frigidaire about how the fridge was not cooling and was new. It was under warranty and they said they'd have it repaired. I argued for a new fridge as no one would want to repair a new fridge right away. They would not replace it and forced us to have it repaired.

Fast forward and the fridge is not even 4 years old yet and starts having the SAME PROBLEM. It's now outside warranty and needs its SECOND repair. Called Frigidaire and they said they WOULD NOT cover parts and labor to repair the unit. They try and make ME the bad guy by stating it's outside of warranty so I shouldn't expect it to be repaired even under outstanding circumstances. I've worked with other companies in the past outside of warranty on issues and have been taken care of no problem. They also make me the bad guy for not having purchased an extended warranty. Anyone would expect to NOT need to have a fridge repaired twice in 4 years. In this case the customer is wrong and bad. They do not stand by their products and do not take care of their customers. Stay away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Purchased Refrigerator 10/14/2015. Ice maker replaced 10/23/2015. Then it stopped working 6 months later. Called Frigidaire, they wouldn't help. Handles have been replaced 2 times. Tray holder broke and had to be replaced. They are made of thin plastic. Yesterday 10/28/2018 water started running out of ice maker all over floor. Had to cut water off to refrigerator, so I can't have water in kitchen, or use my dishwasher. I am a senior and can't afford a plumber. WHERE DO YOU GET HELP WITH THINGS SOLD and you don't have money to buy again?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

We purchased a higher end Frigidaire Professional Series refrigerator freezer. Our first repair was within the first few weeks of ownership. Because of ongoing repairs on this unit, we paid for an expensive extended warranty through Electrolux. This time, our refrigerator went out on Sept 30th. We live in Florida where it is 90 degrees daily. Electrolux told us they ordered the part back on Oct 1st. We were set up for repair on Oct 4th. Every 3 days Electrolux calls us to tell us the "part is on order." It is now Oct 27th. Nearly 4 weeks without a refrigerator or freezer. Just received another call saying the part should now be shipped Oct 29th. I suspect that we will get another call on Oct 29th telling us that the part is ONCE AGAIN back ordered.

The only people we can speak with are call center staff. I have been unable to find a way to speak with anyone outside of the call center. They don't care. More than a month with excuse after excuse after excuse. We were also told on Oct 2nd "if we can't get the part in a timely manner, we will replace the refrigerator." I think a month is no longer "in a timely manner," however, Electrolux will not tell us how long we do have to wait. We paid a lot of money for a warranty that seems to be absolutely worthless. I would not EVER recommend buying anything from Electrolux/Frigidaire. Their appliances break frequently and there is NO real customer service. More than 4 weeks without a refrigerator and the best Electrolux will do is tell us that they will call with an update next week.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Our refrigerator came with our new home purchase. We are two years in. Any Frigidaire item we have including our stove and oven is bad craftsmanship’s. The fridge has cracking inside now against the back wall. As well we have cracking on the left side. The ice machine, always makes an odd noise, kind of like an old fashioned popcorn machine. The oven which this is not about is scratched, the black top had to be cleaned everyday and now has stains in it. I get we use it, however, all my neighbors having Frigidaire units have same issues. Overall, the products they make are of poor quality and the warranty a joke. Never again buying anything they make.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire model FFHS2312NS2 5 years ago. No issues until the motor caught fire yesterday 10/18/18. Good thing I was home. The warranty expired and Frigidaire was not concerned. The overall experience was enlightening but I will never buy another product from Frigidaire.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Purchased the entire Professional series of appliances, refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. Within first year, the freezer started making a loud buzzing noise. Called for warranty repairs and it was taken care of, we thought. A year later, the same problem. This one was now on us for repairs, so we had it done by a service company we had known and used in the past.

When they arrived, the tech said "Oh no, they have had many problems with this model. There was a lawsuit and settlement. Bad design." We had it repaired ($259.00) and called Frigidaire as suggested by the repair tech. Have had nothing but a runaround. Told it was our own fault because we had not purchased an extended warranty. It's now one month later, and we have the same problem again. Don't see the purpose of purchasing an extended warranty to pay the people that didn't make it right in the first place. This used to be a quality company that stood behind their products. That is no longer the case. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator and after 5 months it stopped working. I called the customer service number. They told me they did not have to cover anything but would send someone out as “a nice gesture”! Huh?! They send 4 different techs out who had no idea what the problem was. This was 2 months ago. Still not working. They told me to fight it out with Best Buy. Even the manager from Best Buy called on our behalf. The customer service rep hung up on him. Twice! I have lost so much food and not to mention time off from my job when their incompetent techs come. The one tech told my husband, and I quote, “if you swear at all, I will leave. I am not slow to swear so neither are you.” Huh?! This is my house. They have the worst customer service reps, the worst techs and the worst products. Buy anything but Frigidaire!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I just would like to share my bad experience of Frigidaire refrigerator model FFTR 1821TW and in dealing with its services. We bought the new fridge from Home Depot for our tenant and was delivered on August 10, 2018. Perhaps just was our bad luck or inferior quality, after one month use, the new fridge suddenly failed to cool down. Our tenant complained to us that entirely load of food was spoiled and had to be thrown away. But we didn't know to get it fixed was nightmare! After several calls to the service, we got our first appointment on September 25. The technician come down to inspect the problem. He identified that fan in the fridge failed to work properly and told us that he needed to order the new part and come back again.

We waited for one week, finally came to the appointment date on October 5. Our tenant took leave and waited at home, but nobody showed up. We called the customer service, the representative told us the technician had come and there was nobody at home. This was not true, our tenant was at home and waited for entire morning! Given the my tenant difficult situation without fridge, we had asked if it would be possible to have appointment earlier and got negative response. After several back and forth negotiations, we finally got an appointment on October 11 between 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.

My tenant took leave again and waited, but nobody showed up again. We called the customer service to complain but were told the technician would be late. Nobody called us for this delay. Now the tenant asked us to reimburse their food cost and tension between my tenant and us! Imagine what a big mess for our tenant living without refrigerator for more than 2 weeks and our frustration, troubles and difficulties dealing with customer services for repair. Thanks God we finally got it fixed today but we did know how long it will last.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

After saving my money for a long time, I purchased an 18 cubic foot refrigerator at Lowe's in April, 2018. The day I got it I heard popping noises coming from the freezer unit. I notified Lowe's and they referred me to Frigidaire. My nightmare had just begun. They have sent 3 different service companies out to my house over the past 6 months. All say the popping noises are normal. I have stacks of papers detailing my phone calls to Frigidaire. All of them stressful, frustrating and never leading to a resolution.

I told them I wanted them to come get the refrigerator and give me my money back. So far they have not. I am unable to sleep at night because the popping noises wake me up. My old 18 cubic foot Frigidaire refrigerator never made a noise or bothered me in the fifteen years I had it. I am so sorry I thought I needed to get a new one. They are not making this unit the same as they used to. It is not the same product anymore. I wish I would have known that before I made my purchase. Disclosure is needed to protect the consumer. Put a sign on the unit in the store stating "This unit makes excessive noise and may keep you awake at night." I will never buy another Frigidaire product because they do not care about me as a customer. They have put me through one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Home purchased with a new Frigidaire Refrigerator. Eight repairs later, still makes Popcorn sound. Ice maker is off, and this is only when compressor is running so not defrost cycle. According to Electrolux tech support this is normal. Perhaps I have idiot stamped on my head.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Less than two years ago we purchased a small Frigidaire refrigerator (Model #FFTR1821QB9B Serial #BA70710819) at the local Lowe's. We were going to be gone for an extended time, so we unplugged it to save power/electricity. Upon our return and plugging it in, the freezer worked fine, but the refrigerator did not function properly. Of course we didn't find this out until the salmon I purchased two days earlier began to reek. Come to find out that the blower fan motor went out... $300! And of course our 2 yr old refrigerator had a 1 yr warranty. There is no excuse for a major appliance not to last 5 yr or longer without major issues. I will not buy Frigidaire nor any other Electrolux product in the future. I'll buy American instead.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

New fridge and prior to 2 Years it stops cooling. Call Frigidaire and they refuse to help. I persist to speak to management. They refuse, will hang up on you or transfer you to a dept whom isn't management. The girl who answers the 1-888 # is rude and will give you attitude. I've never left a review in my life and am in complete disbelief at the lack of caring and 0 help. The only way you can get help is if you take a Certified Frigidaire course so that when you have a problem (and I guarantee that if you buy a Frigidaire you will) the certified technician calls the helpline. Technician give Frigidaire his Certified #.

A Tech at Frigidaire will tell the tech you are paying what to do and what to replace. A complete scam. A rip off. Corporate Greed at its best. NONE of the information you need to do it yourself is made available online. Frigidaire will ONLY give the certified Frigidaire tech another technician. (If it's a compressor issue you need to legally be a Certified A/C guy). Any other problem with the fridge you can legally do yourself, but Frigidaire deliberately prevents it for no other reason than a money grab. If you should decide buy a Frigidaire product be sure you keep an additional $3,000 in your budget to spend in the next 2 years on another product that is NOT Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Two times within 13 months my Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator showed the display of "SY EF" and then broke down. Both the freezer and refrigerator portions stopped working and I lost all food items. I have had an extended warranty contract on it since I bought it in 2015. When I called for service, on both occasions, I had to wait over a week for a contracted repair person to obtain the parts in order to repair it. On the first occasion, I email the President/CEO in Switzerland. I never even received a reply. This time, I emailed the President/CEO in North Carolina. His secretary called me to say they will not provide funding for the cost of lost food items. She also told me that since I had only purchased my extended warranty contracts for one year at a time, the two breakdowns would not even be considered. Each incident was on a separate contract. She demonstrated no concern or compassion towards the expense or frustration.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Three service calls made for wildly fluctuating fridge and freezer temps, inoperative cooling fan motor, temp sensor, inoperative ice maker, ice maker leaking, ice maker freezing. No help from the Frigidaire company.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My frustration is that I could not find a single doored fridge that opens on the right side (hinges on the left). Yes, I am 100% sure my door is not reversible, contacted Frigidaire and they advised the same. Seems like this is the new trend with single door fridges. I purchased a fridge that has no ice or water dispenser so no special connections in door, but still I cannot reverse the door. I googled lots of different brands and they all seem to have the same issue, yes this is an issue. There is no choice of which side you want your door to open when purchasing. My whole kitchen is on the right side, my fridge opens to the wall and the door hits the granite countertop Island because it opens the wrong way.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Thumping noise from day 1. Frigidaire sends tech out. Tells me there is no problem and the noise should go away. Offer extended warranty. Why buy one when my problem wasn’t fixed? Unit died within 2 years of new purchase. I never had a refrigerator before that needed any kind of servicing. But this lump of crap made noises from day one and the Frigidaire contracted service guy says it’s not out of the ordinary and will probably go away... Nice... In addition to the noise the door seal had to be glued back in place a number of times. My recommendation... Stay away from Frigidaire.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information