Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

You can feel comfortable setting the temperature, spin cycle, etc. according to the booklet that comes with it and you have TONS of sensors that determine if anything unusual is being laundered. If so, the units automatically reset to take care of things. Both the washer & dryer open on top. These are manufactured in Sweden. While a little pricey, they last without any service calls for a very long time and are extremely reliable. The dryer filter is super easy to remove and clean, so it’s no trouble to clean after each load.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I wanted to take the bins out of my freezer to clean them and get rid of some ice buildup and I can see no way to get them out. There's no instructions in the user's manual and customer service was unable to tell me how so they emailed me a video that was supposed to show me how to do it but the video was 6 years old and the freezer compartment didn't look anything like what I have now. We've only had ours about a year-and-a-half and it is still under warranty. I emailed them back to let them know and they never responded to my email, and I even sent pictures of what mine looks like, so I called again and I was told that I would have to have a service rep come out to remove the bins and if he found there was no manufacturer defect they would charge me $95!!

Yet they are not able to provide me with any instructions on how to do it myself!!! This refrigerator cost way too much have people answering the phone that can't help with something that should be a simple process... And maybe the bins don't come out at all but if they don't they should be able to at least tell me that instead of telling me they have to send out a service rep.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have owned this washer for over 16 years. It has never needed servicing. I love how it automatically senses the size of the wash load and adjusts water usage accordingly. I only recently purchased a replacement agitator due to a broken fin. My clothes are clean and the machine is reliable.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought my appliances in 2011 and to say the least they were very expensive. I did a complete remodel of my kitchen and my contractor told me that F&P/DCS were good. So I bought 2 ovens and a professional cooktop. Basically every appliance I bought started to have problems at about the same time (Planned Obsolescence) and all I can say if 1 of these appliances have a problem you cannot fix them because of the terrible engineering. I also have to say that no contractor knows how to fix them. They have a very limited number of contractors across the US and they do not train any of them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I lost my home to a hurricane and decided to rethink refrigeration and dishwashers due to space. The appliance companies that my builder uses carries this brand but mentioned not many people have ordered them so they had no feedback. Searching the web, I found few brands that had “drawers” for refrigerators or dishwashers. So I ordered two drawer dishwashers and one integrated cool drawer from this company. Granted I have had them installed a month so I have had no product issues yet. But the integrated cool drawer indicated in the installation guide that there was a “false” panel for the bottom chassis of the unit (otherwise the bottom portion of the unit was exposes the compressor unit). The stainless steel drawer door was wonderful but then you see the compressor. My builder thought there should of been a stainless steel cover for the compressor. Me too.

After three months of me initiating phone conversations, 4 different tech representatives, numerous emails (some said they had a cover to send me, some said they would check), I got ahold of Chana. I personally loved their Australian accents, but Chana’s tone of voice made it clear that even though she was told a black panel was available, she talked to her technical team again and there was no panel available.

A false panel, as indicated in the installation guide, needs to be to the specifications of your cabinetry. It is to be built by the carpentry people and most builders understand that terminology. Even though the website isn’t clear and the installation guide isn’t clear that no panel is provided and you will need to build one, she became more frustrated with me when I asked if there were other solutions that her company could provide. Can I buy that black panel? Can we please double check the materials list to make sure there is nothing in there about an aftermarket piece?

As an end user, not a builder or installer, false panels are not in my everyday vocabulary. Chana made me feel as though it should of been. My sadness about this situation is not about the fact that I have to go back to builder after three months to have more cabinetry work done but the fact that I had to keep following up for an answer over a three month period and I was talked to as if I should of known better. Like the title implies - I think the products are good just not their approach to treating customers after the fact. That is why they didn’t get a higher rating. The true test that differentiates a good company from a great one is how they treat the customer not only before the sale but afterwards.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

First, the door handle loosened within a year. Had to be replaced. THEN RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES, the entire internal system fails (does not get cold). Took three repair person visits to figure this out. two weeks later, I'm told they have to order parts which will take 2 or 3 more weeks. So...a MONTH WITHOUT A REFRIGERATOR. It looks nice and fit, but it is pure garbage. The icemaker only works intermittently as well. STAY AWAY FROM FISHER PAYKEL.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Do not purchase the double draw Dishlex. We bought this product 2 years ago here in Brisbane and all I have had is trouble with it breaking down. The arm comes off repeatedly it makes weird noises. When it was under warranty I had the service guy out here every few months because it was always breaking down. Now it’s past the 2-year warranty and it's completely stuffed. I am so annoyed because we paid top dollar for this product and I am not getting it fixed. I would rather buy a more reliable cheaper product that WORKS!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My Fisher & Paykel dual fuel (gas top/electric oven) is by far the worst appliance I have ever purchased. From day one after the installation, the oven wouldn't work properly because of, what I later learned, is a PLASTIC lock which came broken. Without this lock, the sensor believes that the oven door is open and the oven won't work correctly. According to the technician, this lock breaks frequently, and he mentions he doesn't understand why a piece so important is made of plastic.

The technician comes back with the part to fix the issue, but when he puts the oven all back together, it seemed that the oven door was no longer centered in place. He said that it should not be a problem, after all, the oven was now working. Although I thought it was a very poor customer service response for an appliance so expensive, I decided to bite the bullet, as I had spent too long without an oven. Despite my compromise, a week after this repair the door completely sunk to one side. As a result, the oven was again non-operational. Another technician comes, this time to tell me that the door hinge had an issue. He didn't have the spare part, so I go another month without an oven.

At the day scheduled for the technician to come to install the new hinge, he missed the appointment, allegedly because previous appointments that ran late. So now I have at least 3 more weeks with no oven until he can come again. After weeks, the technician is back. He installs the new hinge, and of course, the door is again not centered. The oven doesn't work properly, because, without a centered door, the locking mechanism doesn't work well. Interestingly enough, he insists that everything is fine, and tells me that the lock is only used for the oven self-clean function, which I should never use because everyone who uses it requests a repair right after due to oven parts that get burned and makes the oven malfunction.

Interesting to know that the oven is even worse than I thought, and that the self-clean feature is unusable. But back to my case, even though the lock is not essential, it affects how the door open and closes, and the oven does not work well without everything centered and in place. His answer: "I can't do anything about it." Now I call Fisher & Paykel to complain, and their solution? To send another technician. I'm now nearly one year without an oven. I simply can't bake anything. So my advice to all of you considering to buy a Fisher & Paykel appliance, believe the bad reviews and stay away from it. I was one of those who thought "no, it can't be that poorly made at such a high price tag." Well, it is, and its customer service is just as bad.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Do not purchase these products. The warranty is deceiving and does not cover parts if something does go wrong. Nothing on the stove is built to last. To get a simple knob replacement I have to have two repairmen come to do a 6 hour job and saw the whole top of the steel stove off. Customer Service told me I was lucky that the stove lasted one whole year. It cost $3k.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I made a toll call 4 times before getting a proper explanation and the word MISTAKE was never mentioned during this conversation on their part for charging me twice. I also spoke to three people who knew about this terrible mistake and yet failed to acknowledge. I will definitely not be dealing with this company in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Every white towel we washed, including high quality ones purchased this year, has developed holes. To be sure that we weren’t adding too much bleach, we have only filled the bleach dispenser half full and diluted it with water to the fill mark. We are about to throw this washer out and get a different one. Another thing we don’t like is that you can’t fill the tub with enough water to just soak things.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Washsmart 8.5 kg. If you pause the wash in the deep rinse cycle so you can add fabric softener it will drain the water. If you use the fabric softener dispenser, the softener is dispensed during the spray rinse. The lid lock activates during the deep rinse cycle, the reason I was told was because a child drowned in the w/machine. BTW the lid lock does not activate during the wash cycle. I hate this machine, I am 64yo and this was to be my last investment in the washer dept. I am going to see if I can get this thing re-programmed! Totally useless. Had the Smartdrive7.2. $800 down the drain.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Purchased the 2 drawer Fisher Paykel dishwasher 3 years ago. It does a HORRIBLE job cleaning dishes and customer service is no help. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS DISHWASHER - we also have a Bosch which is AMAZING!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Purchased a Fisher Paykel dryer in Feb 2013. Six months ago we started getting grease marks on our clothes. I contacted Fisher Paykel and after MANY calls (when they did return my calls), they concluded that I needed to turn the reversible drum off as that was causing issues on these units. I did so, and continued to have the same issues. After going back and forth, Fisher Paykel said there was nothing more they could do. They didn't even send out one of their techs to look at it. So, $700 later and using the dryer for 2 1/2 years, I'm out! I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FISHER PAYKEL AGAIN!! SHAME ON YOU!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have a bottom mount freezer drawer that cannot open but a few inches. Getting through to customer service has been fraught with games of long hold times, getting disconnected when I ask for a supervisor or info on my repair. As I am in the United States, there is no local customer service. All calls are routed to New Zealand. Emails are ignored. My call records get "lost". Nothing on the "record" anymore. "We have no log of your inquiry." Calls to their authorized local repair company go unanswered. A second local company warned me that it would a long time until it can get fixed because they too cannot get through to F&P or their techs or get a hold of the parts. Complete frustration.

After reading only some of the reviews here, it seems to be a common complaint. Nice looking product but it means absolutely nothing if it cannot function. No company is perfect and I expect hiccups but the run-around here is incredible. My only recourse is to start recording my conversations with the false promises I am given along with posting a review video on social media showing the drawer problems. My hope is to discourage anyone from buying an F&P appliance as the service when needed (and it will be needed) is absolute garbage. It should not be this difficult to get adequate service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We have the drawer version of the dishwasher and I am unimpressed with the performance. I have experimented with different dishwasher soaps, loading methods, rinse/wash cycles but I simply cannot get my dishes clean. I have had an ancient dishwasher previously with no issues; switched to this brand and it leaves food particles on dishes, cloudiness on my glasses and grease sitting in the bottom of the unit. I wash the dishes off before putting them in, but no improvement. The wash cycle also takes over 2 hrs which is impractical for the smaller apartment unit that is designed to run frequently with small loads.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have a Fisher Paykel dryer that needs repair. Called Fisher Paykel to find an authorized service tech. Turns out the nearest repair tech is 3 hours away. Before you buy this brand make sure they have a repair tech in your area. Useless appliance if you can't get it repaired.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

In my all entire life I had been changed my range only 2 times. I have been in USA for almost 30 years, I had to change my range which was build in the kitchen since 1960's. I renovated my apartment 2008 and had to buy new range, which I chose Fisher & Paykel. Since the first year I had problem with the burners. I had spend more money more than the value of the unit. I highly recommend even do not go close to it, and to look at it even. The worse range that I had in my life.

I called a couple of technician to let them know, all had been advise me it is not worth, change it.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have finally purchased a different brand of range and the never-functioning, Fisher Paykel 36" dual oven range will be hauled out of here. I have replaced the entire ignition system in this range, three times. These units are not cheap and that you cannot get the larger oven to turn on, and stay on, it's ridiculous. I gave up on trying to use the large oven, when, after multiple repairs, it went off, mid-way while roasting a seven rib prime rib. Christmas dinner was very late that year.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My dishwasher broke today and I called for service. They had the audacity to give me a date for July 18th. What kind of customer service is that. I would recommend stay away from buying as service sucks once you buy their product and not many people service their products. Buyer Beware.

Original review: April 23, 2018

No contact with Fisher and Paykel happens without our initiating it. When our dishwasher broke, to book the service visit online we had to allow a 6 hour window for him/her to arrive. When he did come and determined what was needed i.e. parts and a second visit at no time did F&P update us. So after 2 weeks we made contact again and since then it has been impossible to get through. I cannot contact the service person directly, have to go through the customer service who do not answer the phone, cut you off and just respond to computer prompts. All they can do is rebook visits. The dishwasher is less than a year old and needs a new motor. We are not heavy users of it. I wish we could use the local service people and not have to rely on F and P ever again. They cannot cope.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have owned a F&P double dishwasher for 7 years. Approximately 6 months ago, the machine began to leak on the top level and the dishes were not clean on the bottom. I looked on the F&P website and found the information for several nearby repairmen. I contacted the first person and he came to check the machine. He charged $80 to look at it & stated that he needed to order a part. We called him several times in the next few weeks, but he said the part was not in. After a few more calls, we gave up and called a 2nd repair from the list. Unfortunately, we had the same experience (and paying $143) - after calling 3 or 4 times, the repairman never returned our call.

I called F&P customer service and explained what happened. The customer service person gave us another repair shop to call and stated that F&P would likely reimburse us for the "house call" fees, which was now over $200 with no repairs done. The new company that we called stated that they only fix machines that they have sold & that F&P should NOT have given out their information. I called back and got yet another name, which, thankfully turned out to be legitimate. Our machine was finally fixed (at a cost of $372). My dissatisfaction is with the referring of several repair companies who clearly could not fix our machine, and paying money for no service. When I contacted F&P about the events above, I was told that they would NOT reimburse me the "house call" money. I assure you that I would not purchase another of their products!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Looking at other reviews, my oven was discontinued. The last service man that came out said they don't make the part anymore. If did find it would take months. Why didn't Fisher Paykel say something to me. I been working with one oven & cannot clean it since before christmas. I love baking. That's why I bought a double oven. This oven has had at least 78 times service people. Money! More money. The worst product I ever purchased.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Fisher Paykel DCS Counter Depth Refrigerator - I am absolutely BEYOND frustrated with this brand! Since last October I have had no less than eight, EIGHT, service calls to sort out why my ice maker drops ice cubes into the receptacle below that are freeze together. The ice that comes out of the cube tray is not frozen fully...therefore it becomes a big lump in my freezer. In order to get ice, we have to stab at it with a big knife. NOT SAFE to say the least. I have had two repair companies come to the house. They've called FP techs while at my house to go over the issue. The tech's advice this last time was to adjust the temperature. (Or to tell me I don't close the freezer door...sorry on that one...it ain’t the problem or I would have had this issue all along.) I also don't overload my refrigerator or freezer door.

It's not my first rodeo with an upscale appliance. If I could, I would dump this lemon on the sidewalk. But since my fridge surround was built for it...I am stuck. I have held back my comments for months, but as of yesterday, I am not doing that any longer. I have listened in to the FP Tech calls to the repairman. The first tech was so incredibly rude and insulting I wanted to take the phone from the poor repair guy and give him a piece of my mind. The second tech said, “Oh, just adjust the temp to a warmer temp,” Really? (Why is he a tech?) Did he not understand that the ice is NOT FROZEN all the way when it drops into the bin? The icemaker was replaced fully several visits ago...it's something else and frankly, I don't believe for a quick second that it's something the tech guys has never heard of before.

I'm not a repairman, I am a consumer. A very smart consumer that knows the buck is being passed. I paid $600 for an extended warranty on this unit. I expect the darn thing to work properly. If it cannot be repaired the FP needs to come forward and deliver a new one to me. I will simply not buy, nor ever recommend, this brand again. I would be disingenuous. If no one can repair it, not even the trained FP guys with the tech on the phone...I have no faith. Zero. So sad.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I called Fisher Paykel to clarify range installation clearances. The first time I called, after waiting at least 20 minutes on hold, I talked briefly to someone who couldn't answer my question so he forwarded the call to a technician. After waiting another ten minutes, the technician hung up on me. The second time I called, I again had to wait at least 20 minutes. The person I spoke with that time said he would get answers & call me back. He never did.

Original review: March 14, 2018

2 yr old Fisher Paykel Dryer - We purchased a Fisher Paykel Washer many years ago that worked great and never needed repair. When we downsized we sold it with our home. We purchased a new FP washer and dryer when we moved to our Condo. Our new dryer stopped working on December 28, 2017. Electronic Motherboard burned out. Was only several months out of warranty. I was told when I called FP Customer Care that because it was only a few months out of Warranty they might refund the service charge (I think this kind of thing must happen often and they want to keep their customers happy). I went to FP Website which works well to locate qualified local service companies. They scheduled me within a week. Aside from being annoyed at the inconvenience of not having the use of my dryer over holidays, things went well in the beginning.

Local Service Tech came out on January 2, 2018 with the correct part and repaired quickly. Because it was no longer under warranty I paid $258 for the part and service. I contacted the US Customer Service number that is in New Zealand, not in the US. I emailed them the Original Purchase and Repair receipts. I was finally sent an email with a CASE AUTHORITY NO. ** on January 26. I was told that the service company would refund my money. Turns out that was incorrect information. After another 12 phone calls (it turn out some were made to me from Customer Support using a local New Zealand phone number and, because I redialed in error, I now owe $84 to AT&T for 20 minutes in International charges) I was assured more than once since receiving the CASE AUTHORITY NO. ** on January 26 that a check would be sent within 7-10 business days.

No one in Customer Support seems to know how this check will be issued or how it will be sent. Several times one of those I talked to put me on hold to consult with a supervisor. There were many excuses. I was told that the check couldn't be issued through their new system or it was being updated or the order for refund had been sent to the wrong department. It is now March 14, 2018. I will be calling again today. I should be billing them for MY time spent and the International phone calls made in error. (In all my years as a homeowner or in business I have never made International phone calls when calling Customer Service. Sometimes to India or Philippines etc. Who would have thought Customer Service would use a local phone number.) I have reached the end of my patience here. To be continued.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The worst I ever had! If you need to deal with F&P at Botany, 78 Springs Road RUN!! To replace the faulty draws I have to take 4 days off work!! After waiting the whole day it for delivery, it was delivered 4:45 pm and left downstairs cause the delivery company, (which it seems to be separate to company that installs - very efficient) didn't know it needs to go to the 2nd floor (and no one asked - great communication NOT).

Second time 2 guys got it upstairs and then I had to book a technician to install - No follow up service, and the guys that bring the dishwasher don't tell you anything about it. When I called to book the technician, I explicitly asked if the old dishwasher will be picked up on the same day and I was reassured it will, but guess what it wasn't! And now I need to take another day off for it to be picked up! In addition to this, the supervisor I talked to was rude and refused to put me to her manager, she just hang the phone me! So GOOD LUCK dealing with F&P.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Would never advise buying F & P anything. I've had my fridge for 14 months and it stopped working. Gas leaking. They won't replace only repair. Service is diabolically terrible. Never return calls etc. Gave me a interim fridge while mine is repaired. The seal is falling off. It won't close and thus useless. Never had such appalling service from a company ever. Avoid this brand at all costs.

Resolution response: March 5, 2018

Received refund. Situation was still handled very horribly and refund came months after the “3 business days” I was told it would take. Not changing rating and would never support this company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator part after speaking to a customer service representative from them 3 months ago, was assured it would be the right part and when it arrived it was not. I called customer care and they admitted fault and told me I would receive a full refund and didn't have to return the part. This is great except for the fact that I STILL haven't received my refund. It's been 3 months of back and forth with their customer care, them telling me that I do have the refund and to call my bank if there's an issue. I've called my bank, I've checked my statements over and over. I 100% have not received a refund from them.

I have been nothing but patient and polite during this entire process - and now they have stopped answering my emails. I've even asked for proof of the refund and they would not provide me with one. They are crooks and liars. The only good thing out of this whole situation is at the time I bought the product it was for a rental property so the fridge wasn't actually mine. I would NEVER buy anything from Fisher Paykel again and I would advise you to do the same. They have handled this situation extremely poorly and I am tired of wasting my time chasing them to try and get a refund that they admitted is rightfully owed to me.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Purchased appliances (Dishwasher/Clothes Washer/Dryer) 8 years ago. Dishwasher still works well (fingers crossed) but both Clothes Washer & Dryer cratered in the last few months. Heating element and bearing both wore out in the dryer (600 C$ to repair) and the transmission broke down in the washer replacement part for our model no longer available so will have to get a new washer (won't be a Fisher Paykel). Previously had domestic appliances for 25 years which worked equally as well without requiring so much as a service call. No more Fisher Paykel for me.

Fisher Paykel Company Information