Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After numerous phone calls hours on the line and a month I still haven't got my fridge fixed by Fisher & Paykel. The customer service is abysmal. Rude customer service officers. There is no complaints department and escalating your issue to a supervisor goes nowhere with no phone call ever answered. Do not buy products from Fisher & Paykel especially Haier fridges. They are just cheap and breakdown and you will never get them fixed because the customer service team does not care one bit. I even had a customer service representative call me dude on the phone and told me to calm down. Avoid at all cost.

It's efficient in its use of space, so its size is less than other make/models. I am happy with all aspects of the fridge - neat appearance, good proportions, plenty of freezer space, separate ice compartment, good veggie bin sizes, enough separate spaces to make finding things a lot easier.

I purchased an AquaSmart washer and AeroSmart dryer by Fisher Paykel about 8 years ago. Out of the box the dryer had issues with the lid rubbing the drum. I called for service from a list of repairmen given to me by FP. Not a single person EVER called me back despite repeated calls and messages. I guess this might have been my first clue that even the repair guys wanted nothing to do with these machines. Finally, my husband shimmed the lid with a screw and this seemed to take care of the issue. Recently a bearing went out and prior to that the heat sensor.

This week the washer has water dripping into it which from what I have read has something to do with the valve inlet and is about a $200 fix, if we DIY. I have had scum, I think is the term, on my clothes despite running the cleaning cycle every other month and rigidly measuring my detergent. Needless to say I am currently washer shopping. My husband has threatened to drag the washer behind his truck until it's destroyed. He absolutely refuses to put another cent into either of these lemons.

Just bought a new Fisher refrigerator 6 months ago. I looked for a review in Consumer Reports but didn't find one. Let me save you the time: Noisy piece of crap that has equal service backing. Let me describe the 24 hour noise combination: constant gurgling, constant whirring, constant groaning, constant grinding. Refrigerator shuts off 10 minutes in 24 hours while set on the warmest setting. Customer service? The positive side - they answer the phone. The negative - you will never get anything resolved. Call backs are nonexistent. DO NOT ACCEPT it when they say they will call back, they will not. This holds true with regional service reps. I could go on for pages of my nightmare but I have already wasted hours upon hours pursuing a fix with no results. This piece of crap is going to the curb, sick of it and can't take the noise any longer. I'm done.

Refrigerator model #E522BLX - I bought this fridge 4 years ago from SEARS Canada because my 35 year old never repaired Amana fridge suddenly broke down. I had a problem finding a fridge that would fit in the space built around the Amana and wasn't in a position to renovate the kitchen to accommodate a new fridge. I didn't know anything about the Fisher Paykel brand, and unfortunately, relied on the Sears appliance specialist's knowledge and honesty.

I was advised that the fridge had a very good 5 year warranty and excellent customer service and Sears would also stand behind the brand should anything go wrong. I bought it because it was the only fridge, at the time, that could fit in the space and I paid about $2,000 for it. Well 2 months ago the fridge started to make a noise that sounded similar to the noise I heard when my Amana fridge broke down. That was related to a compressor problem. The noise has steadily worsened and it's driving me up a wall.

I found out from Sears Canada that they no longer carry the Fisher Paykel brand (I wonder why) and therefore can't provide me with any service. When I contacted the FP customer service # I was directed to someone in New Zealand and I quickly concluded that their so called excellent customer service was totally false. I further learned that the fridge I bought has been discontinued (I wonder why). The extent of their assistance was to provide me with service repair contacts in the U.S. Anyone I contacted in Toronto is unwilling to service the model. It is now Christmas and I am now out of a fridge and $2000. FP doesn't give a damn. Although they did not outwardly admit it but I think they knew that there was an embedded defect with their fridge and therefore discontinued it without advising customers like me.

There should have been a recall notice and offer to replace the model or at least make some effort to repair problems without costing the customer big bucks and aggravation. Do not ever buy anything manufactured by Fisher Paykel. And don't buy any appliance from Sears. Their appliance specialists are not specialists and are trained only to make a sale at the customer's risk. They will not ensure that: 'your satisfaction continues long after your initial purchase'. This is the statement that they include in their brochure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

After saving for a few years we purchased a DCS duel fuel range model Rds366ss. The stove was $5695, the vented hood was another $1295 and the back panel and shelf kit was another $395. Since purchased, the oven would heat higher than the required temp and after several tech visits with no results, we decided to live with it, adjusting the temp as we cooked. Then after a couple of years I had to repair all six of the spark igniters. Now after nine years, the stove has quit working altogether and after another tech visit we were told the oven thermostat had failed and needed a new one, part#210766. Calling DCS customer care for a replacement we were told the part was no longer available and there were no replacement parts for it. After checking many websites we found that the part was indeed obsolete with no substitute parts that would work in its place.

Calling DCS back and speaking with a customer service tech we were told that maybe the part could be found used online. Another option was maybe we should consider buying another stove! Are you kidding me. After spending all this money on a stove we thought would last at least twenty years, we're told we should think about buying a new stove after only nine years. We are so mad at ourselves for not researching this stove before purchasing it and now after reading nothing but negative reviews for the products made by Fisher-Paykel. We are stunned that a huge company like this can getaway with this consumer robbery. Wish there was some way to warn people about buying from this company and its total disregard for customer satisfaction.

Don't buy Fisher & Paykel products! Unlike GE and Whirlpool their products need repair from day one! I had 3 dryers delivered before we found one that worked. The latest dryer has been worked on several times with the lint trap mechanism being the culprit. When it goes out the dryer sounds like a slow moving locomotive. (I've been without a dryer for almost a month.) The company knows about the problem but refuses to do anything about it.

Consumers be warned. Do not waste your money on Fisher Paykel products (DCS). Remodeled kitchen went with all Fisher Paykel products. Experienced product failure with the Dish Drawer and FP refused to replace the manufactured parts that were faulty saying the product was out of warranty. I pushed back stating if the failed items were due to misuse or normal wear and tear, I would agree but these were parts that failed due to poor manufacturing. Coated parts that broke down and rusted out. FP did not care.

Then experienced problems with the motor on one of the dish drawer. Tech came out twice and the second time the unit worked worst when he left, telling us the noise level was normal. Normal? It didn't sound like that when he got there, and it didn't sound like that when we first installed it. Experienced problems with the double ovens. Used the self-cleaning function four times and the broiler coil burned out. The tech replaced the broiler coil and then told us not to use the self-cleaning function because the broil coils will burn out again. Told us to use an oven cleaner, which FP instruction manual says not to.

Experienced problem with the cooktop. Followed the instructions for cleaning. Then the igniters stopped working, or when you turned on one, a different one would attempt to ignite. Tech came in told us not to follow the recommended cleaning process. Told us to use simple cleaner and soft sponge. Cooktop looks like crap now. Experienced problems with noisy microwave. Too disgusted to bother calling for repair. Do not waste your time or money. FP will not support you and will look for any reason or ways to get out of spending their money to make things right when you likely as I did, spent big bucks to purchase their product.

Contacted the Fisher and Paykel Customer Care to repair a 2 year old fridge - no longer working (under warranty). The fridge was removed and taken in for service and a replacement fridge was provided. Our fridge was returned 1.5 weeks later, and we were told it was working. It's not. Contacted the service dept, given the run-around, told it is probably a small repair required and the technician will attend on site - but not for 4 days. Thanks guys. Its 30 degrees out. Love having to deal with a fridge/freezer and 100s of $$ of rotting food.

Would have been helpful to at least speak with a manager, or be reassured that given it was their error, or case would be prioritized. Debbie at customer service said nothing can or will be done, was unable to reach a manager, said Josh (the technical supervisor for our area) should get back to us within a day or so. Very reassuring (that's sarcasm). I find it very strange. Dealing with a mistake can be so easy with an apology, acknowledgement, and reassurance. None of which were provided.

Bought this dishwasher 3 months ago, beautiful sleek design that has brought me so much grief! 1st dishwasher installer found a huge dent on the front upon removing it from box. Received 2nd one. I'm not kidding, huge dent bottom drawer again! I'm on my 3rd, no dent but dishes come out dirty, very noisy and top drawer smells after a day! Come on guys you can do better!

I bought Fisher Paykel refrigerator in 2014. My refrigerator is not working since 4/10/2016. We ring their technician on 4/10/2016. He came on same day. He check then he told that, one part is not working so he came at night on same day. He tries but didn't succeed. He said that now another part is to replace. He told that he will get parts from Mumbai. After few days he told that now he will go to Mumbai & will bring parts with him. On 22/10/2016, he told that he bring part & will change today. I logged complain in Fisher Paykel on 22/10/2016. Then after nobody has approach us. My refrigerator is still not working.

My fridge became faulty and I called a Fisher & Paykel (F&P) technician. He recommended that I replace the fridge and gave me a voucher that entitled me to a Loyalty Bonus if I chose the same brand again. I did and submitted my claim for A $50 Gift Card which I was to receive within 48 days. When I did not receive it I contacted F&P who advised that they had already sent it, by ordinary mail. I requested F&P to send me another but they did not accept responsibility for the loss as the Gift Card had been redeemed by somebody. It was their decision (based on their internal policy) to send a Gift Card (which is just as good as Cash) by ordinary mail. Note that postage costs $1 for ordinary and $4.80 for registered mail.

I am amazed that an established organization such as F&P acknowledges that they are aware of some issues in recent times where mail has been stolen out of mailboxes but continues to take risks with Gift Cards. They do so knowing very well that it will not be cost-effective for a customer to make a formal claim in a tribunal or court. So when mail gets stolen or lost F&P does not take any responsibility. I have decided that going forward I will not give F&P a single dollar in business because I do not deal with those who are more focused on playing the blame game. F&P may have saved $3.80 in postage but has lost a customer, bought themselves adverse publicity and jeopardised future sales. Good luck to them!

My nightmare began when I bought a DCS 48 inch dual fuel range/ovens from Aggressive Appliance, Orlando, FL. I immediately had problems with the light, thermostat knobs and then the problems grew... My ovens would not heat about 300/350 degrees and then would not maintain that temperature. Aggressive Appliances came out over six times to "fix" my problems. Eventually, after replacing the third thermostat (which I was told was the only part that they didn't make... yeah right!) they said that they could not fix it. The Regional Sales Manager Peter **, then came out and he couldn't fix it either. He then said that they would replace it. I asked him at that time what would happen if the second DCS range did not work, would I be able to get my money back and he said yes, that that wasn't going to happen. Well, you guessed it...

Friday they put in the second DCS 48 inch dual fuel range/ovens and the large oven does not even get warm, the light does not go off, the grill had three dents in it. This has been a continuous nightmare which is only going to get worse because I have already sent out over 118 invitations to a huge event at my house which will be catered. They want to try and fix the second range when they should have made sure it worked before shipping it to me. Zero quality control. Save yourself the heartache. Spend a little more money and get something that will work. This product and company are not worth the headaches, tears and frustration. They do not honor their "expressed warranty", nor apologize (until I pointed out that no one had even said sorry), nor offer consequential or incidental damages. What was supposed to be an exciting, joyful purchase has been a living hell. Hopefully, you will be wiser because of my pain.

I bought a fridge with 2+3 years warranty. After 1 month of warranty expired. Fridge's computer and defrost heater are gone. It cost me almost $500. It was very challenging for Fisher Paykel's customer service to talk with them. They said "we will get back to you" and they never do. I had to call them again and spend so much time on the phone and they don't really care. I never and NEVER buy any Fisher and Paykel product again. My previous fridge was Fujitsu and lasted 20 years without any problem.

I purchased a "Dish Drawer" dishwasher for a kitchen remodel in 2008. I was lured by the fact there are two (2) independent washer units; one on top of the other which allowed flexibility in cleaning as well as potential addition kitchen utensil storage. Troubles began within the first 90-days. I have summoned kitchen appliance repair companies listed as "authorized" by Fisher Paykel numerous times with the last service attendant indicating "there are serious design flaws with the appliance". At this date the following had been experienced: The "bottom" dishwasher unit is completely non-functional, the "touch" wash controls in the operating unit do not work correctly; and now are "stuck" in one washer cycle. I was informed by one of the techs that came out there is a design flaw that allows water to seep into the controls.

For $1,500 for a dishwasher I would have expected more. What is more alarming is the sales rep when I bought the appliance indicated the manufacturer also made "kidney dialysis machines". If this is the case (and my research indicates this is true) there are numerous fatalities if the quality of the dialysis machines is the same as the "Dish Drawer". Do not under any circumstances purchase anything this Company makes. The quality is terrible!!!

Our Fisher and Paykel Washsmart top loading clothes washer is still in warranty and the pump failed. After 4 days a Fisher and Paykel service representative arrived, gave the machine a shake and the pump began to work again. Two weeks later, the pump failed again. We now have to wait 6 days to get a service representative for a machine that has been looked after immaculately. Does anyone have had the same experience, and is there a simple remedy?

I purchased a washer and dryer from Lowe's. Within a year both needed service, under warranty. The following year both again needed service, the motor in the washer and the board on the dryer. $600 in repairs. Neither under warranty. I spoke with F&P and they wouldn't assist on the repair. On year three, the dryer went out again. I spoke to F&P and they told me to get a repair estimate and they would aid in the repair. The repairman, the only F&P rep in town, told me the units were junk even though they were on their high end. I called back to F&P with the estimate, $250 + $80 diagnostics, and was told, "you have lemons. That is the nature of the world we live in. Too bad." I trashed the 3 year old units and replaced with something else. Avoid this company. The units are flimsy to say the least.

After 2 years of excessive repairs on our original DCS stove that we bought with the home we decided to end the misery and buy a new one. Well 3 months after buying this beautiful new 48 inch gas range it too turns out to be of poor quality. The large oven failed to work. This is the same kind of failure on my old stove. It took 3 weeks later the service tech came out to fix it after many calls and escalations! Well he was to come from 1-3 pm, he came at 8 PM! And was shocked to see the stove, he was unable to move the stove much less fix it! Well after 2 hours of pulling my new stove apart and struggling to put it back he left with a promise to come back. I called the company and sure no one answered. The distributor was even more evasive. The owner of the store I bought the stove, refused to talk to me. Today being July 4th, we still are unable to cook in the oven and I have no clue when the stove will be fixed.

We as people have grown to trust in name brands, however those days have long gone. I consider myself an economist the type shopper researches not impulses when buying a major purchase however it has come to past unless you have disposable income and don't mind re-buying the same item within 7-10 years if you don't mind then read no further, this article, complaint doesn't apply to you.

2009 purchased a Fisher & Paykel washer from Sears. Bought the extended service contract and within the first year the mainboard, the inner tub were replaced. I placed a complaint on this site several years ago and was notified while on vacation concerning my complaint. At first I was confused, caught off guard and shocked that F&P would intervene and take over the complaint and order the correct UPGRADED parts. Sears Tech had no idea were available and ordered the normal routine parts even when I mention the possibility I was ignored. In the end, Sears took all the credit and basically did nothing.

Most reputable companies don't want complaint especially when they are logged with the BBB or Respectfully The Attorney General although some don't care. Brand name, don't mean a thing. It pays to buy cheap and skip the bells and whistles. It doesn't pay for the short time of enjoyment usually a one year warranty if the extended was not purchased and then hear we don't contact when the warranty about to expire. Sears tell lies I was contacted on items out of warranty and they wanted me to renew. As for Fisher & Paykel I should have requested a return after the initial replacement. I thought this company was quality. I was wrong.

I have the dish drawers and both handles have broken. I know how to open the dish drawers as I had dish drawers prior to getting these except that handle was one piece on the door. I was concerned when I got these dish drawers as several of my friends that I had talked into getting Fisher Paykel dish drawers had the same thing happen to them because they are made out of cheap plastic! This was the only reason I did not want another Fisher Paykel. I loved the one I had before because you have enough room to keep your dishes done rather than the one dishwasher that you can never fit all the dishes in a load.

I called Fisher Paykel and they have not been helpful at all, not did they seem interested in doing anything about it. They know how cheap these handles are and when they are broken. You can't open the dish drawer. Both are broken and I do not let anyone load my dishes except me because I knew what happened with my friends' dish drawers.

I loved my first one that lasted 9 years without a problem but when I called the service man out, it ended up after 400 dollars where they were replacing parts and something else was going wrong, I decided enough was enough -- they said they could not fix it so I wanted another set but I will never get anything Fisher Paykel anymore. They used to be good and stand behind their product but now they just build a cheap machine and charge a large price for it. My timer is already not working correctly and it even changes the settings all by itself. I had no clue after only 3 years I would have such a piece of junk!

We have a FP small dishwasher in a new large RV. The dishwasher is about 5 months old but not used that much. It quit today with a load of dishes in it. I called the customer service. Waited over 25 minutes to get a woman that knew nothing. She kept putting me on hold to ask a tech for answers. The dishwasher will not open and they cannot tell me how to open. They said "call a local repairman and he could call FP." What can FP tell them if they don't know? I called Winnebago and they have had other complaints about FP too. I asked if they could replace this piece of junk with a different brand. To be determined.

Fisher Paykel washer and dryer. They are from New Zealand I believe. They were fairly low priced for high-efficiency machines and the washer was a top loader AND conserved water (like the front loaders) but for a better cost. The washer drum is floating and is moved with a magnet. No parts rubbing and strap to change. Pretty neat technology. It also has a large capacity allowing bigger loads (and less of them). The dryer is efficient and takes exactly the same amount of time as the washer to wash a load... Perfect timing. The washer has high spin speed which explains why the drying is fairly quick. We have had these machines probably close to 8-10 years now.

Brand reputation is important and we are willing to do some research as we did when we bought the Fisher & Paykel machines. We always look for the best value for our money for products that meet our requirements. We are also willing to wait for the sales. The critiques you read from users are very insightful and we can be turned off if several people have issues with something that we know would bother us too. For example, low quality construction, excessive vibration, too much soap residue, too much time to dry, etc. We are very happy with the Fisher Paykel washer and dryer we purchased 8-10 years ago. They are high efficiency, large capacity, top loader (washing machine); making them very user friendly and efficient. I have no regrets even though they don't look as cool as the front loaders but on the other side, I probably paid half the price of the good looking ones and I have the same value.

Should have come to this site before purchasing. Our first Smart Touch Dryer stopped heating within two months of purchase. The heat switch had failed and then burnt out!!! Didn't hear from the tech after he left so two weeks called as wondered what was happening. Told it would be up to six weeks before the part was manufactured overseas and shipped to Auckland, NZ. This is a New Zealand owned company but we no longer stock the parts!!! F & P rep could not explain why I hadn't heard from them or the tech until I called them. Man of the house insisted on a new machine. Second brand new machine has stopped heating after six weeks. Four towels in a new large 6kg machine resulted in no heat again and we are now waiting again for a tech to come. Have asked for a loan machine but told that F & P don't do this.

Poor rep started to tell me that if they did, they would never have enough to go around but she quickly stopped as she realized what she was saying. Samsung do a loan machine with all of their repairs. Have asked the tech to bring the heat switch with him this time and a spare so that we can fix it ourselves when it goes again lol. First ever Fisher & Paykel appliance and will be the last. Pricing a Samsung today. FYI - Support Centre response is faster from F & P via Twitter as they would prefer no negative feedback on their site. Phone support was abysmal. Have had a Samsung washing machine for two years and never a problem. Samsung also have a two year warranty instead of F & P's 12 months. Lesson learned in our household.

If you are buying based on reputation don't bother with Fisher & Paykel! On Jan 18 (2016) I bought a dryer (DE6060G1) and within a week the heat valve had broken. Thankfully 2nds World replaced the machine the next day. 6 weeks later and again, low and behold the same problem occurred. Unfortunately I had to use Fisher & Paykel customer service and what a nightmare! It would have been easier to buy a different brand than put up with the crap they delved out.

According F & P as I use the dryer everyday it's my fault (and no wonder!) the machine broke down! (that was repeated today when I spoke to the company again). Speaking to the lovely technician this problem is happening again and again with this model. But the company will not replace it with more reliable product (the proceeding one DE45F56) but will continue to send out what appears to be a technically faulty machine. What's worse is that it's going to take two weeks to get the machine repaired. WHY? My advice go for older model or even better go for a different brand all together, it's so disappointing!

I was first introduced to Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawers about 6 years ago. They were two drawers placed separately on either side of the kitchen sink. They were really wonderful and I had no problems with them. I then bought and renovated two new homes and put fisher paykel dishwashing drawers in both homes. They are the stacked drawers. Have not had problem with them except the bottom one started leaking and the top one smells horribly of mold. I feel it in my lungs every time I breathe in the air after opening the top drawer. I called customer service and spoke to someone from New Zealand (very difficult time understanding her) who said that I should use "let it shine" from Home Depot and run it through a cycle. Well this did not help so now I have to endure this terrible mold smell every time I open the top drawer. After this experience I am very doubtful I would ever buy another fisher paykel product.

DCS 5 burner drop-in cooktop. Most companies' customer service is deficient, Fisher Paykel is on the bad side of most. I do most repairs in the house, cars, electronics. The design of the cooktop is sub-par. The center burner started misbehaving soon after the warranty. Purchased the part, but three of the five bottom nuts spin with the jets so that they cannot be removed, and thus the top cannot be removed.

Yes, I will be responsible for what I write against a Fisher Paykel Dryer. I purchased a brand new washer & dryer on 4/13/2010 & I also purchased a 10 year warranty & I have nothing but trouble since I bought this brand. I am very disgusted with it. I will never purchase this brand again. I have friends that have had their other brands of washer & dryers for 25 + years, I haven't had these since 2010, & am ready to go out & buy another brand, BUT, Fisher Paykel should pay for another purchase for me. As I said before, I never should have wasted my money, almost $800.00 a piece, wasted. Very Upset Consumer. I bought these from Ralph's appliance, Tiffin, Ohio.

Bought a Fisher & Paykel washing machine in 2011 from Lowes. In Dec 2015, motor and control panel blew out. $649 to fix and it's that much to buy a new one. FP doesn't stand by its product. We took the hit and bought LG machine. Crossing fingers for a better experience. Appliances should last more than 4 years, don't you think?

The inside of the glass door was broken for no apparent reason, the parts department are now charging £250 for the privilege of getting a new glass that fits. This oven does not get a lot of use. In terms of size it's great but I really resent paying so much for a spare part...15% of the purchase price doesn't seem reasonable to me. The service department are given the horrid job of dealing with these issues with no flexibility in how they handle them. The dishwasher drawer is really not a good idea for anyone who has anything other than mugs and buffet size dinner plates. Be aware that the overall size of this will push your worktop higher that may expect. It has had a rather unfortunate knock on effect for me in terms of the aesthetic, but the main point is it doesn't do the job it's supposed to. Great idea... But the result is not good.

First let me say if I could rate it lower I would. I purchased the dishwasher a little over a year ago at Lowe's and I did not purchase a warranty (I have never purchased one on any appliance ever) and I should have. The only reason I purchased it was because of the space I had available in my tiny kitchen. This has been the worst appliance I have ever purchased and I have purchased many. It does not clean well at all. I always have food residue on the dishes etc. I tried different dishwasher soaps and it doesn't make a difference. There is always water on the dishes when it is supposedly finished. I always have to dry them when it is done. WORST PURCHASE EVER. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS APPLIANCE AT ALL!!!

Fisher Paykel Company Profile