Fisher Paykel
Fisher Paykel
1.91/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

936 Fisher Paykel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

My dishwasher broke today and I called for service. They had the audacity to give me a date for July 18th. What kind of customer service is that. I would recommend stay away from buying as service sucks once you buy their product and not many people service their products. Buyer Beware.

Original review: April 23, 2018

No contact with Fisher and Paykel happens without our initiating it. When our dishwasher broke, to book the service visit online we had to allow a 6 hour window for him/her to arrive. When he did come and determined what was needed i.e. parts and a second visit at no time did F&P update us. So after 2 weeks we made contact again and since then it has been impossible to get through. I cannot contact the service person directly, have to go through the customer service who do not answer the phone, cut you off and just respond to computer prompts. All they can do is rebook visits. The dishwasher is less than a year old and needs a new motor. We are not heavy users of it. I wish we could use the local service people and not have to rely on F and P ever again. They cannot cope.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have owned a F&P double dishwasher for 7 years. Approximately 6 months ago, the machine began to leak on the top level and the dishes were not clean on the bottom. I looked on the F&P website and found the information for several nearby repairmen. I contacted the first person and he came to check the machine. He charged $80 to look at it & stated that he needed to order a part. We called him several times in the next few weeks, but he said the part was not in. After a few more calls, we gave up and called a 2nd repair from the list. Unfortunately, we had the same experience (and paying $143) - after calling 3 or 4 times, the repairman never returned our call.

I called F&P customer service and explained what happened. The customer service person gave us another repair shop to call and stated that F&P would likely reimburse us for the "house call" fees, which was now over $200 with no repairs done. The new company that we called stated that they only fix machines that they have sold & that F&P should NOT have given out their information. I called back and got yet another name, which, thankfully turned out to be legitimate. Our machine was finally fixed (at a cost of $372). My dissatisfaction is with the referring of several repair companies who clearly could not fix our machine, and paying money for no service. When I contacted F&P about the events above, I was told that they would NOT reimburse me the "house call" money. I assure you that I would not purchase another of their products!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Looking at other reviews, my oven was discontinued. The last service man that came out said they don't make the part anymore. If did find it would take months. Why didn't Fisher Paykel say something to me. I been working with one oven & cannot clean it since before christmas. I love baking. That's why I bought a double oven. This oven has had at least 78 times service people. Money! More money. The worst product I ever purchased.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Fisher Paykel DCS Counter Depth Refrigerator - I am absolutely BEYOND frustrated with this brand! Since last October I have had no less than eight, EIGHT, service calls to sort out why my ice maker drops ice cubes into the receptacle below that are freeze together. The ice that comes out of the cube tray is not frozen fully...therefore it becomes a big lump in my freezer. In order to get ice, we have to stab at it with a big knife. NOT SAFE to say the least. I have had two repair companies come to the house. They've called FP techs while at my house to go over the issue. The tech's advice this last time was to adjust the temperature. (Or to tell me I don't close the freezer door...sorry on that one...it ain’t the problem or I would have had this issue all along.) I also don't overload my refrigerator or freezer door.

It's not my first rodeo with an upscale appliance. If I could, I would dump this lemon on the sidewalk. But since my fridge surround was built for it...I am stuck. I have held back my comments for months, but as of yesterday, I am not doing that any longer. I have listened in to the FP Tech calls to the repairman. The first tech was so incredibly rude and insulting I wanted to take the phone from the poor repair guy and give him a piece of my mind. The second tech said, “Oh, just adjust the temp to a warmer temp,” Really? (Why is he a tech?) Did he not understand that the ice is NOT FROZEN all the way when it drops into the bin? The icemaker was replaced fully several visits ago...it's something else and frankly, I don't believe for a quick second that it's something the tech guys has never heard of before.

I'm not a repairman, I am a consumer. A very smart consumer that knows the buck is being passed. I paid $600 for an extended warranty on this unit. I expect the darn thing to work properly. If it cannot be repaired the FP needs to come forward and deliver a new one to me. I will simply not buy, nor ever recommend, this brand again. I would be disingenuous. If no one can repair it, not even the trained FP guys with the tech on the phone...I have no faith. Zero. So sad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: March 16, 2018

I called Fisher Paykel to clarify range installation clearances. The first time I called, after waiting at least 20 minutes on hold, I talked briefly to someone who couldn't answer my question so he forwarded the call to a technician. After waiting another ten minutes, the technician hung up on me. The second time I called, I again had to wait at least 20 minutes. The person I spoke with that time said he would get answers & call me back. He never did.

Original review: March 14, 2018

2 yr old Fisher Paykel Dryer - We purchased a Fisher Paykel Washer many years ago that worked great and never needed repair. When we downsized we sold it with our home. We purchased a new FP washer and dryer when we moved to our Condo. Our new dryer stopped working on December 28, 2017. Electronic Motherboard burned out. Was only several months out of warranty. I was told when I called FP Customer Care that because it was only a few months out of Warranty they might refund the service charge (I think this kind of thing must happen often and they want to keep their customers happy). I went to FP Website which works well to locate qualified local service companies. They scheduled me within a week. Aside from being annoyed at the inconvenience of not having the use of my dryer over holidays, things went well in the beginning.

Local Service Tech came out on January 2, 2018 with the correct part and repaired quickly. Because it was no longer under warranty I paid $258 for the part and service. I contacted the US Customer Service number that is in New Zealand, not in the US. I emailed them the Original Purchase and Repair receipts. I was finally sent an email with a CASE AUTHORITY NO. ** on January 26. I was told that the service company would refund my money. Turns out that was incorrect information. After another 12 phone calls (it turn out some were made to me from Customer Support using a local New Zealand phone number and, because I redialed in error, I now owe $84 to AT&T for 20 minutes in International charges) I was assured more than once since receiving the CASE AUTHORITY NO. ** on January 26 that a check would be sent within 7-10 business days.

No one in Customer Support seems to know how this check will be issued or how it will be sent. Several times one of those I talked to put me on hold to consult with a supervisor. There were many excuses. I was told that the check couldn't be issued through their new system or it was being updated or the order for refund had been sent to the wrong department. It is now March 14, 2018. I will be calling again today. I should be billing them for MY time spent and the International phone calls made in error. (In all my years as a homeowner or in business I have never made International phone calls when calling Customer Service. Sometimes to India or Philippines etc. Who would have thought Customer Service would use a local phone number.) I have reached the end of my patience here. To be continued.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The worst I ever had! If you need to deal with F&P at Botany, 78 Springs Road RUN!! To replace the faulty draws I have to take 4 days off work!! After waiting the whole day it for delivery, it was delivered 4:45 pm and left downstairs cause the delivery company, (which it seems to be separate to company that installs - very efficient) didn't know it needs to go to the 2nd floor (and no one asked - great communication NOT).

Second time 2 guys got it upstairs and then I had to book a technician to install - No follow up service, and the guys that bring the dishwasher don't tell you anything about it. When I called to book the technician, I explicitly asked if the old dishwasher will be picked up on the same day and I was reassured it will, but guess what it wasn't! And now I need to take another day off for it to be picked up! In addition to this, the supervisor I talked to was rude and refused to put me to her manager, she just hang the phone me! So GOOD LUCK dealing with F&P.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Would never advise buying F & P anything. I've had my fridge for 14 months and it stopped working. Gas leaking. They won't replace only repair. Service is diabolically terrible. Never return calls etc. Gave me a interim fridge while mine is repaired. The seal is falling off. It won't close and thus useless. Never had such appalling service from a company ever. Avoid this brand at all costs.

Resolution response: March 5, 2018

Received refund. Situation was still handled very horribly and refund came months after the “3 business days” I was told it would take. Not changing rating and would never support this company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator part after speaking to a customer service representative from them 3 months ago, was assured it would be the right part and when it arrived it was not. I called customer care and they admitted fault and told me I would receive a full refund and didn't have to return the part. This is great except for the fact that I STILL haven't received my refund. It's been 3 months of back and forth with their customer care, them telling me that I do have the refund and to call my bank if there's an issue. I've called my bank, I've checked my statements over and over. I 100% have not received a refund from them.

I have been nothing but patient and polite during this entire process - and now they have stopped answering my emails. I've even asked for proof of the refund and they would not provide me with one. They are crooks and liars. The only good thing out of this whole situation is at the time I bought the product it was for a rental property so the fridge wasn't actually mine. I would NEVER buy anything from Fisher Paykel again and I would advise you to do the same. They have handled this situation extremely poorly and I am tired of wasting my time chasing them to try and get a refund that they admitted is rightfully owed to me.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Purchased appliances (Dishwasher/Clothes Washer/Dryer) 8 years ago. Dishwasher still works well (fingers crossed) but both Clothes Washer & Dryer cratered in the last few months. Heating element and bearing both wore out in the dryer (600 C$ to repair) and the transmission broke down in the washer replacement part for our model no longer available so will have to get a new washer (won't be a Fisher Paykel). Previously had domestic appliances for 25 years which worked equally as well without requiring so much as a service call. No more Fisher Paykel for me.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Bought Fisher Paykel fridge freezer. It's just over 3 years old. Noticed the inside liner is cracking. Phoned F&P. They admit there is a fault and can't be repaired but all they want to do is sell me a new one at staff rates. I feel this is not satisfactory.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

ERIC ** did some warranty work on my refrigerator. He was on time and explained what he was going to be doing. He cover his feet and was very careful to cover the area he was working in and was very clean. He was polite, neat and efficient. He did a wonderful job of getting everything done right the first time and we were delighted. Obviously knew his job and very customer satisfaction oriented. I would certainly recommend your company and him to all my friends or anybody looking for service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The motherboard on the less than 1 year old Fisher & Paykel dryer went out and someone is lying. I called F & P's 888 number and was told they have the parts but I have to go through the retailer where I purchased the dryer. Sounded fishy since the retailer told me that the motherboards are on back order. F & P won't send me a new part. I called the retailer back and was told the F & P won't release the part until Feb. 20th. That's CRAP. I don't want to wait 3 more weeks till the parts come in. The retailer told me he has several other customers waiting. How many people are waiting on this part and how many parts are going to be released on Feb. 20th. The closest laundromat is 6 miles away.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

This product saved my back because it is 2 drawers and high up. You can use both or just one of the drawers. Great organization racks as well all adjustable. Love it. My 2nd one.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Double drawer dishwasher. We got 2 same sizes: mistake. Should have gotten 1 large drawer, 1 smaller, to accommodate larger items. Needs to be kept clean, filter checked, washed out. Many negative reviews, but these folks did not take care of their units properly. No problems in 2 years, easy loading & emptying, looks great, works fine, cleans pretty well.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I bought a 2 door fridge with a freezer 3 months ago. My horror this morning was extreme when I found the ice was melting. I rang Fisher Paykel service for an urgent repair and was told the earliest they could come out was in 8 days time. I asked if I could use a local repairer, and was told that would void my warranty. I said, "Surely you have an authorised service centre on the Sunshine Coast?" "Nope, sorry we don't." I said, "I had over $1,000 worth of goods in the fridge." "Sorry we cannot do anything about that." Best offer is I will be put on an urgent list. For heaven's sake, this is total garbage.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have organised 3 appointments due to their incompetence at knocking on the door as they have left a note each time saying "sorry we have missed you." We had people home both times! We then had change go missing from when he was there. Coincidence? Maybe. It has been a month trying to organise it to be fixed and it still hasn't. Its a big job. The machine doesn't turn on and is unusable. It has gotten to the point of we need to use the dryer however have not been able to and require a full replacement if not dealt with immediately! I am very unsatisfied with this service!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This dishwasher has two separate sections, in other words it is two small dishwashers in one. Cleaning quality is very good; however, it is difficult to load the way the racks are positioned. But, I can get four wine glasses with stems to hang in a stable position in each washing section.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This dishwasher comes as two, drawer-sized units. We are empty nesters, and two small units are much more convenient than one large one. This is the second FP we have had. Original put to market way too early. Second generation has been reliable, cleans well, and is very convenient. Will buy a 3rd when this one breaks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have owned this miserable appliance for less than 3 years. Have had 3 fan motors replaced, and 1 ice maker since I bought it. Today the ice maker broke again, less than 1 year after it was last replace.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Fisher Paykel is horrible! I paid top dollar and I mean TOP dollar for Fisher and Paykel appliances. The dishwasher is noisy compared to Bosch, the cooktop on the range was defective TWICE and the range had to be replaced. I had a spill on Christmas day and it got between the glass on the oven door and there is no way to clean it. The microwave is no better than the Panasonic Genius if as good. (Not nearly the versatility) but so far the refrigerator seems OK. Stay away from this "Premium Product". You are throwing your money away!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We've ordered the part from Fisher&Paykel on 10/11/17 and received in a week, but it appeared to be faulty. Called them and explained the situation, they apologized and in a few days send another part, but charged us again?! Called them for the second time and asked why did they charge us for the faulty part. They promised refund and refused to email a return tag, saying it's not necessary. Today is 12/28/17, which is month and a half away from the promised refund and about 5 phone calls from our side with the reminders and lots of explanations. NO any refund received. Very irresponsible company with poor quality of parts and bad customer service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

It's the only brand that makes an all fridge 365 ltr stainless. We had the same brand and size, but white, for 20 yrs with no issues at all. Though with this new one they have taken away the butter conditioner (sad face).

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I picked this refrigerator out in 2005. It uses 485 kWh per year. I got to choose which side of the door handle is on. Freezer on bottom. Supposedly if I have any problems with. I get a new one free.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased a Fisher & Paykel CoolDrawer for my kitchen renovation. It was installed and never worked. You would think that Fisher & Paykel would be motivated to get the unit repaired or replaced, right? Not in my experience. After waiting a full week to hear back from them on their still pending decision, I am completely disgusted with their polite but ineffective and non-interest in their customer after they take the customer's money. Service arrived on MONDAY and stated that "Unit needs to be replaced, not repaired". Service uploaded that report to Fisher & Paykel. I called on Tuesday after failing to hear from Fisher & Paykel. Was told resolution is coming! No resolution. Called back Wednesday. Same BS. Called back Thursday. Same BS. At no time did Fisher & Paykel call me, send me an email or contact me in any manner. It is 2017 and that is NO WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Quicksmart Washing Machine: Not only have I been very happy with the performance of the machine over the past 2 1/2 years, but tonight it stopped mid-wash with an 'Err 37'. A little bit of googling took me to the F&P youtube page, which showed me exactly how to drain the drum and fix the fault - a hairpin lodged in the pump impeller. No need to take it apart or call in a repair. Brilliant.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Fisher Paykel determined my 1 1/2 year old dishdrawer "NOT REPAIRABLE" and refused to help with the replacement, stating that they do not have any in stock and told me that I will have to wait for an unspecified length of time.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Before ordering, please check that the delivery company will be able to get the appliance in your kitchen. I ordered an American fridge freezer, but when it arrived they could not get it into my kitchen. The delivery boys were lovely and they said they could probably get it in, if the doors and drawer were removed, but they could not find a way to remove the drawer. I called Fisher and Paykel and they could not help either and suggested that I just took doorstep delivery and work the rest out for myself! Very disappointing, so to avoid disappointment yourselves, please check this out before you order. Incidentally, I live in a detached house with standard size openings.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I must be one of the few to have a positive experience with F&P. We purchased a washer/dryer set in 2003. We still have the dryer but are on our second GWL11 washer. The first one lasted 10 years. In that time it was subjected to hard water and a family of four. The pump is definitely the weak link, as I replaced at least two in that time. Also had to replace a water inlet valve. The new pumps come with a inline fuse to install on the harness to the controller to prevent it from getting ruined if the pump shorts out. None of the repairs were done in warranty. F&P washers are very easy to diagnose and repair so I have been able to do all my repairs. After too many large loads and 10 years of hard water the strut rods that keep the drum in balance wore out. I found a super clean GWL11 for $80 on CL to replace it. We now have a water softener so this machine stays cleaner and cleans more efficiently.

I saved parts off the old machine for future repairs. I did change the pump not long after I got it. Now three years later that used pump went out, this time the windings shorted out, taking the controller with it. I blew off installing the inline fuse, so this could of easily been prevented. I bought a new pump for $110 and installed my used controller and it's running just fine again. I know this all sounds like a nightmare of repairs, but if you are able to be a little bit inclined to take on a challenge you can save a lot of money on paying the repair person. I don't have a lot of money laying around to buy new appliances every few years. From the reviews I read, many new high efficiency washers don't clean well and are repair prone. When I do break down and buy a new one sometime in the future, I will definitely consider F&P again, along with Speed Queen.

Fisher Paykel Company Information