Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I love my Fisher Paykel dishwasher. This is actually my 2nd one. For many years I had one in my previous home and loved it. It was one item I hated to leave when we decided to sell our large home and downsize to a smaller home. We were fortunate that our new home had the same 2 drawer dishwasher and I am still loving it. The benefit of being able to use only one drawer or both is a great benefit. The extra benefit is that it delivers a superior cleaning every time.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Took months to get appliances and now it is taking months to fix my 5 year old dishwasher. Paid over $2200. A dishwasher this expensive should last longer than 5 years when it is kept well by owners. Both drawers don't work even though only one is broken. Their "suggested" repair guy said that the circuit boards used to be separate now there is one for both machines, so if one goes, they both go. Neither he nor I were impressed. After 2 months of waiting for part I called to complain and after an hour on hold was put through to customer service, who were supposed to call me back. I did receive a call that day, but could not hear person, I told them and asked them to call back. You guessed it! Have not heard back from this crappy company.

Love, love, love my dishwasher drawers, even though it doesn't clean well consistently. Just nice having two dishwashers. If I could find another company that makes them I would switch. This is not a good company. Plus, my oven is so small, my pizza pan would not fit in this oven and the fridge dints terribly. Do not buy this brand. Go with KitchenAid. Maytag dishwashers suck too. My nice, working KitchenAid dishwasher is sitting in basement. But it's white, so doesn't match. But I never had a problem with my KitchenAid fridge or dishwasher. Kenmore oven died, that's why I replaced everything. Wrong choice...

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I never post. DON’T BUY A Fisher & Paykel FREEZER! Way too expensive for the freezer to produce 8 ice cubes per 45 minutes. I can’t imagine this product is still on the market. Had service rep out and our ice maker is fine! This freezer is awful. I’d never buy this brand again.

Original review: April 7, 2021

This is my second Fisher & Paykel dishwasher. It has not been stellar. The dishwasher has broken for the third time in four years. The response from Fisher & Paykel has equaled my dishwasher experience. Four calls to get a response. They only offered to pay for parts and labor when parts were replaced the last 2 times. I believe a third breakdown in four years deserves a new dishwasher and no payment for service call. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 15, 2021

18 YO oven has a broken door hinge, which we had repaired almost five years ago. It is broken again. Part is now discontinued. Oven was several thousand dollars. F&P includes being sustainably minded in its brand vision. Their online chat was full for days, through Messenger they have said oven has served good time. I agree it's an older appliance, but their response was a giant turn-off. The first appliance repair person said the hinge is a known problem. Discontinuing production of a part that's a known problem is not being sustainably-minded.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

In 2019 we purchased a kitchen full of appliances; Cook Top, Over, Microwave, two drawer dishwasher, and large bottom draw with two top doors refrigerator/freezer. Quality issues: Microwave cover/front panel is cheap, loose, and I had to do some customization to get it to quit falling off. We like the two-drawer dishwasher, but found it constantly needs adjustments to keep the lower drawer from dragging on the floor, and almost always have to run a max clean setting or re-wash when drawers are full. Over so far is great. Cooktop is great, but the nobs squeak now after just 8 months of use. The refrigerator is our biggest issue… constantly makes excessive motor/fan noise, door/drawer trim constantly falls off, or jams up… Doors don’t align well, and don’t stay aligned.

Service issues: The biggest joke ever! Tried for 8 months to get someone our here “AT MY COST even”, to give all these appliances a full re-build, inspection, and/or confirmation that they were installed/assembled correctly. CANNOT find anyone interested is servicing these units, and NO ONE at Fisher & Paykel is interested in finding me support of any kind… nor were the representatives from the appliance store I purchased the units from. Recommendation: - If considering High-End appliances buy THERMADOR, stay away from Fisher & Paykel

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

We purchased a Fisher Paykel custom designed refrigerator 3 years ago. We were leery of buying a $4,000 refrigerator for the same reasons people are advised not to buy a Jaguar - frequent problems, expensive parts and service. Well, we bought it because it could be built to fit in the design of our new kitchen. Two days ago, we noticed a pool of water had begun to make it's way across the floor. We called and were told the next available service appointment was February 8th, 19 days away.

Problem is, we sold our house and are leaving in 4 days, moving out of state. Fisher gave us the name of a subcontractor repairman. We waited two days for an appointment with him. He just left and said the refrigerator was installed incorrectly to begin with and now needs a part that should have been used in the first place. That part will not be available for 5 days, the day after we move out of state. Long story made short is, in 64 years, I have never had a refrigerator break down and leak. Never. And certainly not a $4,000 one. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I got the drawer dishwasher with the F and P package. So I got rid of my Thermidorian dishwasher. The Fisher and Paykel dishwasher has been broken for the majority of the time I have owned it. I have had service people, sent emails and photos and called the customer service many times. Yet still I sit in a remodeled kitchen with a bum dishwasher. Been nothing but a headache. Very disappointed. Wishing now that I had gone with Kitchen Aid! Please learn from my mistake!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I purchased a Fisher Paykel built in oven model OB60SD10PX1 6 weeks ago. I spelt something on the bottom of the oven. So I started the self cleaning function. The oven over heated during this function and burnt out the motherboard safety switch and door lock. I called F&P. Their customer service representative was given a contract number for a service agent. Waited 10 days for someone to come out to have a look at the oven. Technician replaced the door lock and motherboard but the safety switch is out of stock, and will be another 2to 3 weeks delay. I have done some research on the faulty F216 - and it seems that this is a known fault with this oven. If this is the case shouldn't this oven be recalled? As I have only had this oven for 6 weeks with a known fault you would think that I would be entitled to a refund/store credit.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

During a full kitchen renovation we needed a fridge of unusual dimensions. Fisher & Paykel had one that would fit and so we decided for aesthetics we would purchase the same brand for the induction range. It’s an expensive decision that we came to regret. Within a few months, we realized the oven wasn’t achieving the temperature it was set at and constantly ran up to 30F below the temp showing on the display. After the second call, maybe the third, we were told that we’d have to learn to mentally calculate what temperature to set the oven to depending on what we were cooking. $5000 for an oven that was less predictable than a much less expensive unit.

The induction cooktop was really good, efficient, no problems but after the fourth service call, several parts replaced and eventually 6 weeks without an oven or cooktop because the temperature control failed spectacularly and the entire range had to be disconnected over Christmas while the parts were on back order, it was eventually repaired successfully, but it required an entire new motherboard and sensor, and two years of aggravation. For this reason, I will never again buy anything from Fisher & Paykel.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This 2020 model 9kg heat pump dryer simply will not dry sheets. It tangles them in a ball, "dries" them for 2 hours and they remain damp. Even if you run successful cycles, they continually tangle and take many cycles to dry (and I taking just 2 sheets - not heaps). Towels are also very slow - several hours, but they do eventually get there. To do your washing takes a whole day with the endless problems - untangling sheets and re-running the cycle. Plus there is zero customer support. *If* you can get through, you get some poor chap who doesn't speak English well and he cannot help you. Hopeless. I have been a loyal F&P customer for 30+ years but will never buy another appliance from them. I assume that since Haier have acquired a controlling interest, but have also stated that they want the Haier brand to be the premium brand, that they are deliberately letting the F&P brand go in to decline.

Fisher Paykel Company Information