Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2021

So frustrated with my fridge not working for over a month with multiple calls from the refrigerator repair people. I phoned Fisher Paykel customer service and they have been more than helpful in trying to assist me although the fridge is past warranty. I thank them for their kindness and empathy.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Loud noises, food became frozen, had to throw out a lot of groceries. Over 10 days before Kelowna Refrigeration could come, said needed a part, another long delay, upon arriving indicated it was not the problem, now order another part, a compressor I believe, finally came and installed. We were away for a couple of weeks. Upon arriving home purchased more groceries and they became frozen.. Very costly. Loud grinding noises again so much so, we had to get up in the middle of the night and remove all product from the fridge and pull the plug again! Repair people said they are now waiting for another part? About 2 months without our Fisher Paykel fridge and $534.00 later we don’t have fridge.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Purchased a 8kg Wash Smart washing machine in 2020, leaking water from front of the door, not the seal. Tech assessed and left without fixing the issue, now it is leaking from the drawer and they are saying non warrantable. Poor response, over an hour spent on the phone and now we are getting told it will be another 2 weeks before they will come back out. Advised they will give me tips on washing.... hmm mother of 4, last machine lasted 10 years with no issues. Still in warranty, poor service, unreliable product!

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I booked a service with Fisher and Paykel for a repair of my dish drawers, purchased in 2017. The repair cost $334 and it broke 2 days later. When I phoned, the customer service representative hung up on me when I asked for a refund. When I called back, I was only offered a partial refund and I am still $118 out of pocket for a repair that lasted 2 days. The dishwasher cost over $1500 so I certainly expected better. Unfortunately this is not the first issue I've had either. Beware.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We live in Metropolitan Toronto; largest city in Canada, 3rd or fourth largest in N.A. and Fisher Paykel doesn’t service the area. Outsourcing options to random appliance service centres. I would have to say that the only thing worse than the product - both our freezer and our dishwasher intermittently do not work - is the customer service. I would absolutely not recommend this brand at all!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Two years ago we bought a dishwasher- Fisher Paykel. One month ago we developed a F1 problem and the machine stopped working. We could not find anyone authorized who would come to our part of Chicago to fix it... Hours spent on the computer trying to get authorized service from the Grand Appliance store we bought from and fisher Paykel itself. WE had to hire an unauthorized repair person who charged 85 to tell us we needed a hose. One month later he came and for $365 installed the hose. We don't know if this repair works but we know that we cannot get a trained Fisher paykel repair person so if it doesn't we need to buy a dishwasher from a different company. Bad business. You should stop selling appliances to areas that cannot get service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My Fisher Paykel product experience has been terrible and I would not recommend their fridges. I purchased an integrated fridge from this luxury appliance store and am currently now on my 4th fridge because of defects with the previous 3. The last 2 fridges had issues with their fans. Fixing the fan onsite however did not resolve the problem with the 3rd fridge. This has been a huge headache, with some items on the lower shelves freezing and others on the top shelf spoiling. Installing each fridge is also a whole day effort since it is integrated into the cabinetry. I am now waiting to get a 4th fridge but given my experience, I have no faith in the quality of this so called luxury product. I asked for a discount given this extraordinary (some might characterize as ridiculous) experience but of course was denied. I was only offered a one year extension of warranty on a product that I am doubtful of.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

We purchased a full set of 4 appliances along with extended warranties for a kitchen renovation in 2016. After 5 years, when warranties had expired, only the refrigerator remains in good working order and we love it. The dishwasher never did a very good cleaning job and we had it serviced. (Do NOT purchase the 2 drawer model!) The microwave oven stopped without any warning because the main PCB and line conditioner needed replacement. The interlock assembly on the door also had a fair amount of play in it.

Then the induction range slowed down to only 2 working elements until the inverter board completely stopped rendering the cooktop completely unusable. The replacement piece cost was $1800 pre-tax and installation with a 30 DAY warranty! The oven cavity has turned off during use a couple of times which I consider a warning. Fisher and Paykel was unresponsive to communication so I will never purchase or recommend their product in the future.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I bought a new washer dryer Fischer Paykel in December 2014. I have had three service calls for the dryer unit. I do believe the door for the dryer is a design flaw, but it has not just been the door. One time I need a whole new dryer, another time a new electronic board, and another time the door fixed. I will never buy another product. I have no idea what is wrong with the dryer though thankful the washing machine has worked well. Now that I am saying that, I am knocking on wood.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I got the panel ready two drawer dishwasher and built in fridge freezer columns. It has been difficult to get the panels adjusted to fit with the kitchen cabinets. Paid $1200 to have the appliances professionally installed and it still doesn't look right. The appliance installers blame it on the cabinets and cabinet installers blame it on the appliances. The panels on the appliances just don't have enough adjustability to make it line up with the rest of the cabinets. I am very disappointed with the look of the kitchen. It's supposed to be a higher end, custom kitchen and it looks worse than if we just got regular appliances. I regret getting the built-in appliances.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I purchased a Fisher Paykel dishwasher 6 months ago. I took out a store credit card and paid it off in 6 mo. The last time I turned the dishwasher on it started flashing and did not work, and then turned completely shut off, never to turn on again. I am not on week 7 -without a working dishwasher, I have spent countless hours calling fisher Paykel, at first they sent a repairman out asap, only because they tried to say it would take 1 week, I said that was unacceptable - he came the next day, only to tell me that he needed a part, came back 1 week later. My husband called me and told me the dishwasher could not be fixed and that it would need to be replaced. One week went by, I called the customer service number, on hold for 40 minutes. I was told the new dishwasher request had been denied.

It took hours to get the supervisor Richard to call me back. He said he did not know why it had been denied, though I was told he was the person who denied it and he said that he would order me a new dishwasher, that he was a consumer and understood how things went wrong in this day and age. A few days later I heard from the appliance store where I bought the dishwasher and was told it would take 1-2 weeks. It has now been over 2 weeks, so I called this morning, on hold for 40 minutes, spoke w/ Cindy. She said I would be updated today. I called Richard 2 days prior and left him a message the next day too, never returned my call. Today he called me, I missed his call, emailed me he was in meetings and unreachable. Did not hear from Fisher Paykel, so I called the appliance store. They told me Fisher Paykel said the dishwasher was sent to be there on July 23. Today is July 28, and it is not there.

We have a problem, not like Fisher Paykel has noticed. I called Fisher Paykel around 4pm, got through immediately, spoke w/ Cindy. She said that I was not speaking to her in a nice way. I explained how frustrating it has been dealing w/ her company and nobody follows through. She said she was going to follow up w/ Richard and get back to me. Never heard from her. This is has been a horrible experience - I have wasted countless hours on this issue. I am still without a dishwasher and am shocked at the horrible customer service. This is a very expensive appliance. I expected so much more. This is the 3rd dishwasher in 17years, all Fisher Paykel dishwashers that I have replaced. I should have learned my lesson.

Fisher Paykel Company Information