Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Fisher Paykel
3.73/5

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was separating the grounds and neutrals on my service panel when I got shocked by one of the ground wires. I traced the ground to the incoming cable and found the breaker that fed it. I turned the breaker off and looked for the outlet that has dead. It turned out to be the washer outlet. I then made a two wire cable to test the ground. I have pictures of the test procedure. I have owned three Fisher Paykel washers over the past 10 years and have them still. I then tested all three and found all to have this VAC on the ground. I have some pictures to verify the serial numbers and test on each.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

You can feel comfortable setting the temperature, spin cycle, etc. according to the booklet that comes with it and you have TONS of sensors that determine if anything unusual is being laundered. If so, the units automatically reset to take care of things. Both the washer & dryer open on top. These are manufactured in Sweden. While a little pricey, they last without any service calls for a very long time and are extremely reliable. The dryer filter is super easy to remove and clean, so it’s no trouble to clean after each load.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have owned this washer for over 16 years. It has never needed servicing. I love how it automatically senses the size of the wash load and adjusts water usage accordingly. I only recently purchased a replacement agitator due to a broken fin. My clothes are clean and the machine is reliable.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

We purchased this fridge about six months ago and we are extremely disappointed with the quality on this product. The Stainless steel is so thin on it that when you actually close the door by hand if you don't use the handles if your ring or anything touches it it scratches and puts a dent in it right away. Stay far from this product and if you're in Canada stay away from Trail appliances in Edmond's Fine Appliances. They said all this is normal. If you have kids definitely stay away from this. This is not the the same Fisher Paykel that was an Australian company, it now owned by Haier Group out of China. Quality is the worst ever.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I have been meaning to write this review to ward people away from Fisher & Paykel ovens (we have a range with an oven underneath, gas). First, they are dangerous. If not blowing up your home is important to you, purchase any other oven. One built by your child may be safer. We had their own representatives into our house over 5 times during the first year of purchase. On one occasion they left a gas leak and then had to rush back to repair it. They would not purchase it back but worse, they wouldn't give us a new oven. The flame routinely goes out in the oven, so something will be baking and all of a sudden, it is not. This creates a new type of cooking anxiety I never imagined. Can't thank you enough F&P!

I finally took the time to write this today as I turned off a burner on the range and though the knob was often, the flame continued. The fire was on for 20 minutes before my wife smelled the smoke coming from the pan. My name is Alan **, I am a real person, and happily alive, regardless of what F&P does, I live in New York City, you can easily find me online (they don't let you put your email address in). If I haven't convinced you not to purchase this range, please find me and give me another opportunity (unless our oven has killed us). And yes, we are buying a new oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The refrigerator is noisy, the doors keep breaking, the stainless steel scratches and bumps very easily. Same with the ice machine, broke within a short period. Not impressed with this refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Purchased this dryer ($649) in March 2018. The circuit board crashed within the first month. 9 months later I had to have it repaired because small pieces of laundry & the dryer sheet kept getting caught inside the drum, which resulted in tightly twisted clothing stuck to the inside of the drum. I am now awaiting my second circuit board as the dryer malfunctioned again. I had to open the door to the dryer to get it to stop running because none of the controls would work. This is clearly a fire hazard! The appliance store has been great about dealing with these issues but with 3 repairs in less than 19 months, I will never again buy this brand!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I surprised my wife with a brand-new Fisher Paykel double-drawer dishwasher because I got tired of cleaning and servicing her old one. They are not inexpensive. Within one month, the start button receded into the chassis. The service person found that the lighted collar around the start button was made of cheap plastic and had simply broken making the machine inoperable. I would think for the amount of money that durn machine cost, they could afford to at least make the plastic parts durable enough to last more than a month.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I purchased a Fisher Paykel dryer in January of 2016. The dryer's commuter board failed in April of 2019. I had to pay for this repair ($300.00). It is August of 2019 and the dryer has failed again. Now I am concerned that the matching washing machine will fail. I would never recommend this product. They used to be a quality line now they are junk!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had purchased a 6 burner range with DCS brand. The hinges have failed over the years so thought I would replace them. There are many places to buy the parts but thought I would go right to the source. I ordered parts and was assured delivery within 5-7 days. After 2-1/2 weeks I called them. They have no proof of the order. I sent them the confirmation that they sent me showing order number, price, and charged credit card. I sent that back to them and that was not enough proof. I had to go track down and submit proof from my credit card statement that I was in fact charged. I sent that to them and still have not heard anything back. I will give it one more day and then I will fight it with credit card company. I really rely on customer service especially when purchasing something as expensive as this range was. This will be the last time I ever order any appliance with a brand name affiliated with this group. Very disappointed customer!!

Fisher Paykel Company Information