2.73/5
Based on 731 reviews that contain star ratings

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

952 Fisher Paykel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I wanted to take the bins out of my freezer to clean them and get rid of some ice buildup and I can see no way to get them out. There's no instructions in the user's manual and customer service was unable to tell me how so they emailed me a video that was supposed to show me how to do it but the video was 6 years old and the freezer compartment didn't look anything like what I have now. We've only had ours about a year-and-a-half and it is still under warranty. I emailed them back to let them know and they never responded to my email, and I even sent pictures of what mine looks like, so I called again and I was told that I would have to have a service rep come out to remove the bins and if he found there was no manufacturer defect they would charge me $95!!

Yet they are not able to provide me with any instructions on how to do it myself!!! This refrigerator cost way too much have people answering the phone that can't help with something that should be a simple process... And maybe the bins don't come out at all but if they don't they should be able to at least tell me that instead of telling me they have to send out a service rep.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought my appliances in 2011 and to say the least they were very expensive. I did a complete remodel of my kitchen and my contractor told me that F&P/DCS were good. So I bought 2 ovens and a professional cooktop. Basically every appliance I bought started to have problems at about the same time (Planned Obsolescence) and all I can say if 1 of these appliances have a problem you cannot fix them because of the terrible engineering. I also have to say that no contractor knows how to fix them. They have a very limited number of contractors across the US and they do not train any of them.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I lost my home to a hurricane and decided to rethink refrigeration and dishwashers due to space. The appliance companies that my builder uses carries this brand but mentioned not many people have ordered them so they had no feedback. Searching the web, I found few brands that had “drawers” for refrigerators or dishwashers. So I ordered two drawer dishwashers and one integrated cool drawer from this company. Granted I have had them installed a month so I have had no product issues yet. But the integrated cool drawer indicated in the installation guide that there was a “false” panel for the bottom chassis of the unit (otherwise the bottom portion of the unit was exposes the compressor unit). The stainless steel drawer door was wonderful but then you see the compressor. My builder thought there should of been a stainless steel cover for the compressor. Me too.

After three months of me initiating phone conversations, 4 different tech representatives, numerous emails (some said they had a cover to send me, some said they would check), I got ahold of Chana. I personally loved their Australian accents, but Chana’s tone of voice made it clear that even though she was told a black panel was available, she talked to her technical team again and there was no panel available.

A false panel, as indicated in the installation guide, needs to be to the specifications of your cabinetry. It is to be built by the carpentry people and most builders understand that terminology. Even though the website isn’t clear and the installation guide isn’t clear that no panel is provided and you will need to build one, she became more frustrated with me when I asked if there were other solutions that her company could provide. Can I buy that black panel? Can we please double check the materials list to make sure there is nothing in there about an aftermarket piece?

As an end user, not a builder or installer, false panels are not in my everyday vocabulary. Chana made me feel as though it should of been. My sadness about this situation is not about the fact that I have to go back to builder after three months to have more cabinetry work done but the fact that I had to keep following up for an answer over a three month period and I was talked to as if I should of known better. Like the title implies - I think the products are good just not their approach to treating customers after the fact. That is why they didn’t get a higher rating. The true test that differentiates a good company from a great one is how they treat the customer not only before the sale but afterwards.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

First, the door handle loosened within a year. Had to be replaced. THEN RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES, the entire internal system fails (does not get cold). Took three repair person visits to figure this out. two weeks later, I'm told they have to order parts which will take 2 or 3 more weeks. So...a MONTH WITHOUT A REFRIGERATOR. It looks nice and fit, but it is pure garbage. The icemaker only works intermittently as well. STAY AWAY FROM FISHER PAYKEL.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Do not purchase the double draw Dishlex. We bought this product 2 years ago here in Brisbane and all I have had is trouble with it breaking down. The arm comes off repeatedly it makes weird noises. When it was under warranty I had the service guy out here every few months because it was always breaking down. Now it’s past the 2-year warranty and it's completely stuffed. I am so annoyed because we paid top dollar for this product and I am not getting it fixed. I would rather buy a more reliable cheaper product that WORKS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My Fisher & Paykel dual fuel (gas top/electric oven) is by far the worst appliance I have ever purchased. From day one after the installation, the oven wouldn't work properly because of, what I later learned, is a PLASTIC lock which came broken. Without this lock, the sensor believes that the oven door is open and the oven won't work correctly. According to the technician, this lock breaks frequently, and he mentions he doesn't understand why a piece so important is made of plastic.

The technician comes back with the part to fix the issue, but when he puts the oven all back together, it seemed that the oven door was no longer centered in place. He said that it should not be a problem, after all, the oven was now working. Although I thought it was a very poor customer service response for an appliance so expensive, I decided to bite the bullet, as I had spent too long without an oven. Despite my compromise, a week after this repair the door completely sunk to one side. As a result, the oven was again non-operational. Another technician comes, this time to tell me that the door hinge had an issue. He didn't have the spare part, so I go another month without an oven.

At the day scheduled for the technician to come to install the new hinge, he missed the appointment, allegedly because previous appointments that ran late. So now I have at least 3 more weeks with no oven until he can come again. After weeks, the technician is back. He installs the new hinge, and of course, the door is again not centered. The oven doesn't work properly, because, without a centered door, the locking mechanism doesn't work well. Interestingly enough, he insists that everything is fine, and tells me that the lock is only used for the oven self-clean function, which I should never use because everyone who uses it requests a repair right after due to oven parts that get burned and makes the oven malfunction.

Interesting to know that the oven is even worse than I thought, and that the self-clean feature is unusable. But back to my case, even though the lock is not essential, it affects how the door open and closes, and the oven does not work well without everything centered and in place. His answer: "I can't do anything about it." Now I call Fisher & Paykel to complain, and their solution? To send another technician. I'm now nearly one year without an oven. I simply can't bake anything. So my advice to all of you considering to buy a Fisher & Paykel appliance, believe the bad reviews and stay away from it. I was one of those who thought "no, it can't be that poorly made at such a high price tag." Well, it is, and its customer service is just as bad.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Do not purchase these products. The warranty is deceiving and does not cover parts if something does go wrong. Nothing on the stove is built to last. To get a simple knob replacement I have to have two repairmen come to do a 6 hour job and saw the whole top of the steel stove off. Customer Service told me I was lucky that the stove lasted one whole year. It cost $3k.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I made a toll call 4 times before getting a proper explanation and the word MISTAKE was never mentioned during this conversation on their part for charging me twice. I also spoke to three people who knew about this terrible mistake and yet failed to acknowledge. I will definitely not be dealing with this company in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Every white towel we washed, including high quality ones purchased this year, has developed holes. To be sure that we weren’t adding too much bleach, we have only filled the bleach dispenser half full and diluted it with water to the fill mark. We are about to throw this washer out and get a different one. Another thing we don’t like is that you can’t fill the tub with enough water to just soak things.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Washsmart 8.5 kg. If you pause the wash in the deep rinse cycle so you can add fabric softener it will drain the water. If you use the fabric softener dispenser, the softener is dispensed during the spray rinse. The lid lock activates during the deep rinse cycle, the reason I was told was because a child drowned in the w/machine. BTW the lid lock does not activate during the wash cycle. I hate this machine, I am 64yo and this was to be my last investment in the washer dept. I am going to see if I can get this thing re-programmed! Totally useless. Had the Smartdrive7.2. $800 down the drain.

Fisher Paykel Company Information