Fisher Paykel

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: May 11, 2022

I was traditionally a big fan of F&P having numerous products and always found F&P to be Elaine. But the latest experience with F&P re a defective fridge model means I would never buy a F&P product again. Our fridge had parts replaced in the first 6 months and then fully replaced within 2 year warranty. When their authorised repairer said “everyone has problems with this model” and we still had ongoing problems I thought F&P would do the right thing. Having now been without a working fridge for 10 days - with daily calls to follow up with F&P, on day 10 they said the delay was the proof of purchase (which they obviously already had) and if asked I could have sent to them. It’s not so much even the outcome. It's the inability to deal with the issue in a timely manner. Have now purchased another reputable brand and love it….No turning back.

Original review: April 20, 2022

We loved the design merits of our fully integrated 36” fridge/freezer combo (2 seperate units side by side). The products were delivered early to ensure we had them when our new cabinets were complete. When unpacked for professional installation it was noted there were parts missing for the integrated installation. After several emails calls and many hours with FP and our retailer in Canada (The Brick) we discovered no parts were available in Canada and had to be shipped from California. This took several days so we moved into our newly renovated home with no fridge and freezer.

Once installed we soon discovered the ice maker did not work. FP outsources their warranty service to a third party. A serviceman came and said the water filter seal was faulty and was preventing water flow to the ice maker. He said I had to buy one as they don’t stock any parts and neither does the retailer. I objected to this cost ($151 plus tax on Amazon) so I complained to FP CUSTOMER SERVICE as the product comes with a 2 year PARTS and labour warranty. They did not help me and in fact the third person I spoke hung up on the call. DO NOT BUY THESE VERY EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS. They have no Customer Service

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Our dishwasher was installed during a remodel by the appliance company in August 2021. The top drawer immediately had issues getting stuck on a code during every wash, beeping and stopping the cycle. We had the appliance service come out 4 times with no resolution. Fisher Paykel declined to replace the product stating it was an "installation error". The appliance company has come out twice more with no resolution.

We have been making due, being patient, because the bottom drawer which is smaller, had been working. Today the bottom drawer malfunctioned, in order to stop the beeping we had to turn off the electricity to the dishwasher. We have spoken to Fisher Paykel on two occasions asking for replacement, the appliance company has taken pictures to indicate this is not a "installation issue". It has been a fight to "prove" this is a faulty product. This is a Fisher Paykel appliance and I would expect them to address the issue. It is now the end of January and we have yet to have a functioning product.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Bought this Fisher and Paykel fridge six years ago, keeps making a beeping noise, had a technician look at it, he said would cost too much to fix the circuit board. Rang Fisher and Paykel and they said it is out of warranty. Product should last longer than this. Will not buy this brand again.

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2021

So frustrated with my fridge not working for over a month with multiple calls from the refrigerator repair people. I phoned Fisher Paykel customer service and they have been more than helpful in trying to assist me although the fridge is past warranty. I thank them for their kindness and empathy.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Loud noises, food became frozen, had to throw out a lot of groceries. Over 10 days before Kelowna Refrigeration could come, said needed a part, another long delay, upon arriving indicated it was not the problem, now order another part, a compressor I believe, finally came and installed. We were away for a couple of weeks. Upon arriving home purchased more groceries and they became frozen.. Very costly. Loud grinding noises again so much so, we had to get up in the middle of the night and remove all product from the fridge and pull the plug again! Repair people said they are now waiting for another part? About 2 months without our Fisher Paykel fridge and $534.00 later we don’t have fridge.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Purchased a 8kg Wash Smart washing machine in 2020, leaking water from front of the door, not the seal. Tech assessed and left without fixing the issue, now it is leaking from the drawer and they are saying non warrantable. Poor response, over an hour spent on the phone and now we are getting told it will be another 2 weeks before they will come back out. Advised they will give me tips on washing.... hmm mother of 4, last machine lasted 10 years with no issues. Still in warranty, poor service, unreliable product!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I booked a service with Fisher and Paykel for a repair of my dish drawers, purchased in 2017. The repair cost $334 and it broke 2 days later. When I phoned, the customer service representative hung up on me when I asked for a refund. When I called back, I was only offered a partial refund and I am still $118 out of pocket for a repair that lasted 2 days. The dishwasher cost over $1500 so I certainly expected better. Unfortunately this is not the first issue I've had either. Beware.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We live in Metropolitan Toronto; largest city in Canada, 3rd or fourth largest in N.A. and Fisher Paykel doesn’t service the area. Outsourcing options to random appliance service centres. I would have to say that the only thing worse than the product - both our freezer and our dishwasher intermittently do not work - is the customer service. I would absolutely not recommend this brand at all!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Two years ago we bought a dishwasher- Fisher Paykel. One month ago we developed a F1 problem and the machine stopped working. We could not find anyone authorized who would come to our part of Chicago to fix it... Hours spent on the computer trying to get authorized service from the Grand Appliance store we bought from and fisher Paykel itself. WE had to hire an unauthorized repair person who charged 85 to tell us we needed a hose. One month later he came and for $365 installed the hose. We don't know if this repair works but we know that we cannot get a trained Fisher paykel repair person so if it doesn't we need to buy a dishwasher from a different company. Bad business. You should stop selling appliances to areas that cannot get service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My Fisher Paykel product experience has been terrible and I would not recommend their fridges. I purchased an integrated fridge from this luxury appliance store and am currently now on my 4th fridge because of defects with the previous 3. The last 2 fridges had issues with their fans. Fixing the fan onsite however did not resolve the problem with the 3rd fridge. This has been a huge headache, with some items on the lower shelves freezing and others on the top shelf spoiling. Installing each fridge is also a whole day effort since it is integrated into the cabinetry. I am now waiting to get a 4th fridge but given my experience, I have no faith in the quality of this so called luxury product. I asked for a discount given this extraordinary (some might characterize as ridiculous) experience but of course was denied. I was only offered a one year extension of warranty on a product that I am doubtful of.

Fisher Paykel Company Information