Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I love my Fisher Paykel dishwasher. This is actually my 2nd one. For many years I had one in my previous home and loved it. It was one item I hated to leave when we decided to sell our large home and downsize to a smaller home. We were fortunate that our new home had the same 2 drawer dishwasher and I am still loving it. The benefit of being able to use only one drawer or both is a great benefit. The extra benefit is that it delivers a superior cleaning every time.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Going strong for 15 years. Lights blink to advise a problem. Count number of blinks, look it up and problem solved. In 15 years only one issue. A sock got stuck in the tubing. Detailed instructions showed how to remove it. Automatic load adjustment & water level sensor.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I love the quietness of the machine. It washes well. The problem I have is that it is hard to get it warranted. It is not a common brand. I love the stainless steel drum and the different settings help me select the exact setting to use.

Original review: May 16, 2020

One feature is that I can choose a fast wash or a full water wash and that I can choose a soak or not to soak. I can wash and rinse in all hot or warm or cold. Also, the was is in an open drum with no center agitator. It's less hard on clothes.

Original review: April 7, 2021

This is my second Fisher & Paykel dishwasher. It has not been stellar. The dishwasher has broken for the third time in four years. The response from Fisher & Paykel has equaled my dishwasher experience. Four calls to get a response. They only offered to pay for parts and labor when parts were replaced the last 2 times. I believe a third breakdown in four years deserves a new dishwasher and no payment for service call. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 15, 2021

18 YO oven has a broken door hinge, which we had repaired almost five years ago. It is broken again. Part is now discontinued. Oven was several thousand dollars. F&P includes being sustainably minded in its brand vision. Their online chat was full for days, through Messenger they have said oven has served good time. I agree it's an older appliance, but their response was a giant turn-off. The first appliance repair person said the hinge is a known problem. Discontinuing production of a part that's a known problem is not being sustainably-minded.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

In 2019 we purchased a kitchen full of appliances; Cook Top, Over, Microwave, two drawer dishwasher, and large bottom draw with two top doors refrigerator/freezer. Quality issues: Microwave cover/front panel is cheap, loose, and I had to do some customization to get it to quit falling off. We like the two-drawer dishwasher, but found it constantly needs adjustments to keep the lower drawer from dragging on the floor, and almost always have to run a max clean setting or re-wash when drawers are full. Over so far is great. Cooktop is great, but the nobs squeak now after just 8 months of use. The refrigerator is our biggest issue… constantly makes excessive motor/fan noise, door/drawer trim constantly falls off, or jams up… Doors don’t align well, and don’t stay aligned.

Service issues: The biggest joke ever! Tried for 8 months to get someone our here “AT MY COST even”, to give all these appliances a full re-build, inspection, and/or confirmation that they were installed/assembled correctly. CANNOT find anyone interested is servicing these units, and NO ONE at Fisher & Paykel is interested in finding me support of any kind… nor were the representatives from the appliance store I purchased the units from. Recommendation: - If considering High-End appliances buy THERMADOR, stay away from Fisher & Paykel

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

We purchased a Fisher Paykel custom designed refrigerator 3 years ago. We were leery of buying a $4,000 refrigerator for the same reasons people are advised not to buy a Jaguar - frequent problems, expensive parts and service. Well, we bought it because it could be built to fit in the design of our new kitchen. Two days ago, we noticed a pool of water had begun to make it's way across the floor. We called and were told the next available service appointment was February 8th, 19 days away.

Problem is, we sold our house and are leaving in 4 days, moving out of state. Fisher gave us the name of a subcontractor repairman. We waited two days for an appointment with him. He just left and said the refrigerator was installed incorrectly to begin with and now needs a part that should have been used in the first place. That part will not be available for 5 days, the day after we move out of state. Long story made short is, in 64 years, I have never had a refrigerator break down and leak. Never. And certainly not a $4,000 one. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I got the drawer dishwasher with the F and P package. So I got rid of my Thermidorian dishwasher. The Fisher and Paykel dishwasher has been broken for the majority of the time I have owned it. I have had service people, sent emails and photos and called the customer service many times. Yet still I sit in a remodeled kitchen with a bum dishwasher. Been nothing but a headache. Very disappointed. Wishing now that I had gone with Kitchen Aid! Please learn from my mistake!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I purchased a Fisher Paykel built in oven model OB60SD10PX1 6 weeks ago. I spelt something on the bottom of the oven. So I started the self cleaning function. The oven over heated during this function and burnt out the motherboard safety switch and door lock. I called F&P. Their customer service representative was given a contract number for a service agent. Waited 10 days for someone to come out to have a look at the oven. Technician replaced the door lock and motherboard but the safety switch is out of stock, and will be another 2to 3 weeks delay. I have done some research on the faulty F216 - and it seems that this is a known fault with this oven. If this is the case shouldn't this oven be recalled? As I have only had this oven for 6 weeks with a known fault you would think that I would be entitled to a refund/store credit.

Fisher Paykel Company Information