Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was excited to buy Fisher & Paykel machines. The washer is on its third lid as the plastic continues to crack. On the dryer I have replaced the plastic knob and the inside of the dryer is all cracked and peeling. I have had my water checked but these are the only appliances with a problem. Quality of plastic parts below zero. My Miele dishwasher is fine. I called F & P and the customer service rep suggested that I use harsh detergents, but I just use All detergent. No help. I will never buy another F & P product and I tell anyone who will listen of my bad experience.

Fisher and Paykel make good products. The reason why I had to finally contact their service department was because after 17 years of faithful service, early in May of this year our washing machine lid broke a hinge. So I contacted them, provided make, model and serial number and a description of the fault. On 31st May their serviceman came. He had no knowledge of the make, model and serial number or the fault, so had no parts with him to effect a repair, but nevertheless charged us $125 and said he would be back within the week. We haven't seen him since. Three weeks elapsed. I rang F & P's 24/7 line and asked politely what was going on. They said they had contacted their parts depot and they would get back to me within the week with an ETA for the lid and the serviceman. They did not do this.

Finally on Wednesday I rang them again and intimated in no uncertain terms that I was extremely annoyed with the situation. They told me that the serviceman would get back to me that afternoon. They lied. He hasn't. So I am drawn to the reluctant conclusion that this company's after-sales service department is staffed by a bunch of people whose sole reason for going to work is to get paid, and employs tradespeople of a similar mindset. My recommendation? Do not buy Fisher and Paykel - their products are fine, but if they break down they will not service them, and they will charge you for the privilege of not servicing them.

Both ovens broke after self cleaning. I used one of the service providers on the website after calling quite a few which did not service Fisher Paykel. They came out numerous times with various parts and were only able to fix one. I tried other service providers but none service this brand. After months of back and forth with the service provider to settle on an amount since it wasn't able to be fixed and then Fisher Paykel, the best Fisher Paykel could offer was for me to buy a new oven at a discount of $3500. Fisher Paykel even admitted on the phone that they knew that self cleaning had this kind of results. I don't understand how they could expect me to spend that kind of money to replace an item they admit has defects. My advice is to stay far away from this company with no real customer service.

I had an issue with my Fisher & Paykel stove oven door not fully closing and providing a good tight seal. I initiated a service request under my warranty in the middle of May 2017. As of today... July 7, 2017, I have not had a service call initiated by the company. They sent me the repair parts but will not schedule a service call today. Talked to the region rep for the company numerous times on the phone only to leave me frustrated to no end. I have at this point given up on getting any satisfaction with this issue. "BUYER BEWARE!"

DO NOT ever buy a Fisher Paykel appliance. I have had a horrible experience with this company and their customer service trying to repair and cooktop starter. Weeks and weeks go by, you can't get the part and then can't get someone to come and install when the part finally comes in. The worst part is how they seriously don't care. I call every day and no one returns your calls. I have a family I need to be able to cook meals for them, they don't give a crap. NEVER buy their appliances and seriously if you are shopping for one tell the retailers not to carry them!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Very dissatisfied with Fisher Paykel. I bought 4 appliances from them totaling over 11,000 dollars. The dishwasher was missing parts and the refrigerator did not work. After 6 weeks of back and forth with the company giving me misinformation and every employee telling me different things to do and making me in charge of lining up appliance service with 4 days needed off of work that resulted in them not replacing a bad refrigerator but saying they would repair. The wheels were also broken with the services which ruined my floor and once they replace the refrigerator they will not guarantee. They do a typical customer service routine, but could care less about the actual customer. My next home would never have their appliances.

I had a Fisher Paykel technician booked to fix our dishwasher. Once again had to take half a day off work to ensure we don't miss the call. For the second time in a row I get a text message to say, "The technician is on their way and you can track their process," followed by an email 2 min later saying, "Technician called and no one was home." The customer service supposedly can't get in touch with the technician and next available appointment is not for another 2 weeks. Our dishwasher has now been broken down for more than 2 months. I would never buy Fisher Paykel product again.

I've had Fisher & Paykel AquaSmart Washing Machine Model Number WL26CW1 for approximately 7 years now and there has been big trouble. After the 2 year warranty expired it started to have problems. I contacted F&P and a repairman came out within a couple days. He determined that the washer needed a new circuit board (brain) which he would have to order. It took about 6 weeks to get the new brain and have it installed at a cost of almost $250 US.

One and a half years after the new brain was installed the machine developed a new problem with the LCD display which is located on the circuit board (brain). Sometimes the LCD display cannot be viewed, nothing shows up in the window. Other times it works fine or it will show the wash selections in a faint image to which I can make a selection. The times that the wash selections are not visible I just count off the selections until I reach the one that I want (yes, I've memorized them) and the washer will engage and work.

However, at the end of any wash cycle instead of stopping the selected wash cycle starts all over and will continue to run over and over and over until I intervene and turn the machine off. I've been doing this now for almost 4 years. I refuse to pay another $250 US plus to buy another new brain (circuit board) and don't want to buy a new washing machine until this F&P money drain totally craps out.

We have a Fisher Paykel DW 60chpx1 dishwasher that broke down on February 10th. It took two weeks to come out. Then they didn't have the right part. Two weeks later they came out again and said it was unfixable. We were promised a replacement that would arrive March 23rd. Never came. Promised 11th April. Never came. Promised 28th April. Who knows. We are without a dishwasher now since February 10th. Just getting promises and lies. This is just not good enough.

I have a dishwasher which is over 20 years old. I paid $142 for technician to come out & he didn't have parts so no repair done on that day. Waited a couple of weeks for parts. Technician returned & broke insert handle while taking off this part. Technician told me as dishwasher was old, it fell to bits but I wouldn't have to pay for these extra parts. I then heard nothing from F&P re further repair, emailed twice, called twice & I finally got a response & was told that F&P had parts but I had to pay for part technician broke.

I called Consumer Affairs & they advised that under section 60 F&P could not charge me for extra parts. Bob ** from F&P called today & advised that F&P are not liable & unless I paid, they would not fix my dishwasher. I asked for a refund of initial service fee & was told this would not occur, but they were willing to sell me a new dishwasher & take $142 off cost. I now have to pay an extra $95.49 for extra parts. I would not recommend their service and will not buy an F&P product again, as they are not willing to stand by their products no matter how old they are.

I am expressing my concern and frustration with Fisher Paykel. I lodged call on the 6/3/2017 as my Fisher Paykel washing machine MW513 was leaking. I did a number of tests to see where the water was coming from and it all directed back to the washing machine. When the washing machine was on high (with clothes in it), it would start leaking from the washing to rinse cycle onwards. (this was clarified to Fisher Paykel on my phone call). When they had initially sent someone out here there was a lot of mucking around and the technician was meant to come on Friday 10/3/2017, he ended going to the wrong place and cancelling my job, which then led to a series of mistakes on FP end. This led to a number of phone calls and a lot of time out from work to rectify their mistake.

They then had to send a new technician the following week (16/03/2017), whereby my mum was here and explained and showed the technician the photos and his response to her was when we "wash the clothes on high place the same amount of clothes to the equivalent amount of water and do the cycle." When he conducted his tests there was no water leaking, as he never tried it with the clothes inside. He then cut the pipe shorter as he advised my mum it was too long. He then left for the next job. I came home and did exactly what he said (also advised in his job summary report to me) and again, the leakage started. I then called FP and advised what occurred and what the tech said to my mum.

Over the phone they were going to take over 1.5 weeks to come and service my machine when I also advised that a small tile was starting to lift and causing water damage. The after-hours lady told me to call back the next business day as she couldn't do anything about it but could only book the appointment in. I called back the next day and advised the same thing, to which the gentlemen said he will make this a high priority (again to no avail and to a number of mistakes where they had a dryer to service instead of washing machine). A number of calls later and a different tech guy came out on the 22/3/2017. When he came I was here and advised him all of the above and advised for him to see the photos which he never wanted to and stated he "believed me". He ran two water tests on high and no leakage happened (these were fast tracked from filling up the washing machine to the spin cycle, missing the washing rinse part).

I did state to him that the leak ONLY happens when the water and clothes are in the machine and set on high. He still never put any clothes in. His advice to me was to "wash my clothes on medium or low and the splash backs will not occur." If that was the case what is the relevance of buying a washing machine to only put the machine on medium and low? After he had left I called the customer service line 22/3/2017 (as clearly I was disappointed, stressed and upset), to which the customer service boy was very rude and basically stated that I am lying. The reason being is I advised him what happened and that I had photos of this and his response was "anyone can take a photo and pretend their washing machine is leaking." I do not believe this is the way to address someone who is already stressed out that her apartment is going to flood and cause damage to below / surrounding apartments, as well as my own.

I was then told by the same person to wash my clothes again and video it. I said "I am a woman and I cannot lift the washing machine as it is heavy and you are now asking me to have the same leak occur and for me to clean up the mess yet again?" His response was like "yeah." What kind of people are they employing and how can they even think of treating their customers like this and getting away with it? I have already taken numerous time of out of work and constantly have to watch the machine when I wash.

I didn't buy this washing machine so I can only place it on a certain level. It is under one years old and only until this year March, the problem occurred. There was no other history and when I made these complaints, it was indirectly stated back to me that nothing is wrong and I felt they thought I did know what I was talking about (deeming as I am woman). But, as my mum and my friend had witnessed, the water was coming from the machine. I will not be breaking my back lifting and cleaning again.

I also asked a few times if I can get a cash settlement back and to speak to a team leader (none of which was done or considered at the time of the calls). The reason being is so I can buy a more reliable machine and can wash my clothes on high. I have uploaded photos and receipt of when I purchased the washing machine. I would like to be able to either get a reimbursement for the machine or a better quality machine, as I am wasting heaps of money on water bills. This by far, is the worst customer service I have ever received and do not advise anyone to purchase their products.

I like the fact that my F&P washer has less parts as a whole, save water due to its sensor technology and efficiency. The best part is it rids of water very well at the spin cycle and save me time in drying. However, in eight years of using the washer, I have to replace two water pumps, and two lids, and now the lid is cracked again. The product might have less parts to be broken down, but the broken parts are always the same ones, do not show this is a product of good quality! About $600 of replacement parts and labors in eight years. Washer model: WA37T26G, serial# AEU777574.

DRH-48N patio heater had an igniter fail within 3 months of installation. We are a 30 year experienced HVAC service company. We contacted Fisher & Paykel customer service and they informed us that THEIR service provider would need to diagnose the problem. After no less than a dozen messages left with this service company, NOTHING has been done. Meanwhile the restaurant's patio has no heat. Customer service at Fisher & Paykel could care less. Their warranty is WORTHLESS because they never plan on returning your call or fixing ANYTHING.

I have recently purchased 3 Fisher Paykel appliances, Refrigerator (RF195AUUX1), 36" dual gas/electric stove and 2 drawer dishwasher totaling about $15K. The refrigerator's ice maker broke after 13 months. I called and was told that the warranty was only 1 year so I had to foot the bill myself. Only 3 months later the ice maker broke again. I called Fisher Paykel and asked that they cover the bill this time explaining my large purchase and my sense of poor quality in the ice maker if it breaks this often. I was denied without hesitation. No ability to talk to the person making the decision on not to cover it. Any reasonable company that values customer service would recognize the fact that I made a large purchase of products and that there may very likely be an issue with the ice maker and cover the expense.

After numerous phone calls hours on the line and a month I still haven't got my fridge fixed by Fisher & Paykel. The customer service is abysmal. Rude customer service officers. There is no complaints department and escalating your issue to a supervisor goes nowhere with no phone call ever answered. Do not buy products from Fisher & Paykel especially Haier fridges. They are just cheap and breakdown and you will never get them fixed because the customer service team does not care one bit. I even had a customer service representative call me dude on the phone and told me to calm down. Avoid at all cost.

It's efficient in its use of space, so its size is less than other make/models. I am happy with all aspects of the fridge - neat appearance, good proportions, plenty of freezer space, separate ice compartment, good veggie bin sizes, enough separate spaces to make finding things a lot easier.

I purchased an AquaSmart washer and AeroSmart dryer by Fisher Paykel about 8 years ago. Out of the box the dryer had issues with the lid rubbing the drum. I called for service from a list of repairmen given to me by FP. Not a single person EVER called me back despite repeated calls and messages. I guess this might have been my first clue that even the repair guys wanted nothing to do with these machines. Finally, my husband shimmed the lid with a screw and this seemed to take care of the issue. Recently a bearing went out and prior to that the heat sensor.

This week the washer has water dripping into it which from what I have read has something to do with the valve inlet and is about a $200 fix, if we DIY. I have had scum, I think is the term, on my clothes despite running the cleaning cycle every other month and rigidly measuring my detergent. Needless to say I am currently washer shopping. My husband has threatened to drag the washer behind his truck until it's destroyed. He absolutely refuses to put another cent into either of these lemons.

Just bought a new Fisher refrigerator 6 months ago. I looked for a review in Consumer Reports but didn't find one. Let me save you the time: Noisy piece of crap that has equal service backing. Let me describe the 24 hour noise combination: constant gurgling, constant whirring, constant groaning, constant grinding. Refrigerator shuts off 10 minutes in 24 hours while set on the warmest setting. Customer service? The positive side - they answer the phone. The negative - you will never get anything resolved. Call backs are nonexistent. DO NOT ACCEPT it when they say they will call back, they will not. This holds true with regional service reps. I could go on for pages of my nightmare but I have already wasted hours upon hours pursuing a fix with no results. This piece of crap is going to the curb, sick of it and can't take the noise any longer. I'm done.

Refrigerator model #E522BLX - I bought this fridge 4 years ago from SEARS Canada because my 35 year old never repaired Amana fridge suddenly broke down. I had a problem finding a fridge that would fit in the space built around the Amana and wasn't in a position to renovate the kitchen to accommodate a new fridge. I didn't know anything about the Fisher Paykel brand, and unfortunately, relied on the Sears appliance specialist's knowledge and honesty.

I was advised that the fridge had a very good 5 year warranty and excellent customer service and Sears would also stand behind the brand should anything go wrong. I bought it because it was the only fridge, at the time, that could fit in the space and I paid about $2,000 for it. Well 2 months ago the fridge started to make a noise that sounded similar to the noise I heard when my Amana fridge broke down. That was related to a compressor problem. The noise has steadily worsened and it's driving me up a wall.

I found out from Sears Canada that they no longer carry the Fisher Paykel brand (I wonder why) and therefore can't provide me with any service. When I contacted the FP customer service # I was directed to someone in New Zealand and I quickly concluded that their so called excellent customer service was totally false. I further learned that the fridge I bought has been discontinued (I wonder why). The extent of their assistance was to provide me with service repair contacts in the U.S. Anyone I contacted in Toronto is unwilling to service the model. It is now Christmas and I am now out of a fridge and $2000. FP doesn't give a damn. Although they did not outwardly admit it but I think they knew that there was an embedded defect with their fridge and therefore discontinued it without advising customers like me.

There should have been a recall notice and offer to replace the model or at least make some effort to repair problems without costing the customer big bucks and aggravation. Do not ever buy anything manufactured by Fisher Paykel. And don't buy any appliance from Sears. Their appliance specialists are not specialists and are trained only to make a sale at the customer's risk. They will not ensure that: 'your satisfaction continues long after your initial purchase'. This is the statement that they include in their brochure.

After saving for a few years we purchased a DCS duel fuel range model Rds366ss. The stove was $5695, the vented hood was another $1295 and the back panel and shelf kit was another $395. Since purchased, the oven would heat higher than the required temp and after several tech visits with no results, we decided to live with it, adjusting the temp as we cooked. Then after a couple of years I had to repair all six of the spark igniters. Now after nine years, the stove has quit working altogether and after another tech visit we were told the oven thermostat had failed and needed a new one, part#210766. Calling DCS customer care for a replacement we were told the part was no longer available and there were no replacement parts for it. After checking many websites we found that the part was indeed obsolete with no substitute parts that would work in its place.

Calling DCS back and speaking with a customer service tech we were told that maybe the part could be found used online. Another option was maybe we should consider buying another stove! Are you kidding me. After spending all this money on a stove we thought would last at least twenty years, we're told we should think about buying a new stove after only nine years. We are so mad at ourselves for not researching this stove before purchasing it and now after reading nothing but negative reviews for the products made by Fisher-Paykel. We are stunned that a huge company like this can getaway with this consumer robbery. Wish there was some way to warn people about buying from this company and its total disregard for customer satisfaction.

Don't buy Fisher & Paykel products! Unlike GE and Whirlpool their products need repair from day one! I had 3 dryers delivered before we found one that worked. The latest dryer has been worked on several times with the lint trap mechanism being the culprit. When it goes out the dryer sounds like a slow moving locomotive. (I've been without a dryer for almost a month.) The company knows about the problem but refuses to do anything about it.

Consumers be warned. Do not waste your money on Fisher Paykel products (DCS). Remodeled kitchen went with all Fisher Paykel products. Experienced product failure with the Dish Drawer and FP refused to replace the manufactured parts that were faulty saying the product was out of warranty. I pushed back stating if the failed items were due to misuse or normal wear and tear, I would agree but these were parts that failed due to poor manufacturing. Coated parts that broke down and rusted out. FP did not care.

Then experienced problems with the motor on one of the dish drawer. Tech came out twice and the second time the unit worked worst when he left, telling us the noise level was normal. Normal? It didn't sound like that when he got there, and it didn't sound like that when we first installed it. Experienced problems with the double ovens. Used the self-cleaning function four times and the broiler coil burned out. The tech replaced the broiler coil and then told us not to use the self-cleaning function because the broil coils will burn out again. Told us to use an oven cleaner, which FP instruction manual says not to.

Experienced problem with the cooktop. Followed the instructions for cleaning. Then the igniters stopped working, or when you turned on one, a different one would attempt to ignite. Tech came in told us not to follow the recommended cleaning process. Told us to use simple cleaner and soft sponge. Cooktop looks like crap now. Experienced problems with noisy microwave. Too disgusted to bother calling for repair. Do not waste your time or money. FP will not support you and will look for any reason or ways to get out of spending their money to make things right when you likely as I did, spent big bucks to purchase their product.

Contacted the Fisher and Paykel Customer Care to repair a 2 year old fridge - no longer working (under warranty). The fridge was removed and taken in for service and a replacement fridge was provided. Our fridge was returned 1.5 weeks later, and we were told it was working. It's not. Contacted the service dept, given the run-around, told it is probably a small repair required and the technician will attend on site - but not for 4 days. Thanks guys. Its 30 degrees out. Love having to deal with a fridge/freezer and 100s of $$ of rotting food.

Would have been helpful to at least speak with a manager, or be reassured that given it was their error, or case would be prioritized. Debbie at customer service said nothing can or will be done, was unable to reach a manager, said Josh (the technical supervisor for our area) should get back to us within a day or so. Very reassuring (that's sarcasm). I find it very strange. Dealing with a mistake can be so easy with an apology, acknowledgement, and reassurance. None of which were provided.

Bought this dishwasher 3 months ago, beautiful sleek design that has brought me so much grief! 1st dishwasher installer found a huge dent on the front upon removing it from box. Received 2nd one. I'm not kidding, huge dent bottom drawer again! I'm on my 3rd, no dent but dishes come out dirty, very noisy and top drawer smells after a day! Come on guys you can do better!

I bought Fisher Paykel refrigerator in 2014. My refrigerator is not working since 4/10/2016. We ring their technician on 4/10/2016. He came on same day. He check then he told that, one part is not working so he came at night on same day. He tries but didn't succeed. He said that now another part is to replace. He told that he will get parts from Mumbai. After few days he told that now he will go to Mumbai & will bring parts with him. On 22/10/2016, he told that he bring part & will change today. I logged complain in Fisher Paykel on 22/10/2016. Then after nobody has approach us. My refrigerator is still not working.

My fridge became faulty and I called a Fisher & Paykel (F&P) technician. He recommended that I replace the fridge and gave me a voucher that entitled me to a Loyalty Bonus if I chose the same brand again. I did and submitted my claim for A $50 Gift Card which I was to receive within 48 days. When I did not receive it I contacted F&P who advised that they had already sent it, by ordinary mail. I requested F&P to send me another but they did not accept responsibility for the loss as the Gift Card had been redeemed by somebody. It was their decision (based on their internal policy) to send a Gift Card (which is just as good as Cash) by ordinary mail. Note that postage costs $1 for ordinary and $4.80 for registered mail.

I am amazed that an established organization such as F&P acknowledges that they are aware of some issues in recent times where mail has been stolen out of mailboxes but continues to take risks with Gift Cards. They do so knowing very well that it will not be cost-effective for a customer to make a formal claim in a tribunal or court. So when mail gets stolen or lost F&P does not take any responsibility. I have decided that going forward I will not give F&P a single dollar in business because I do not deal with those who are more focused on playing the blame game. F&P may have saved $3.80 in postage but has lost a customer, bought themselves adverse publicity and jeopardised future sales. Good luck to them!

My nightmare began when I bought a DCS 48 inch dual fuel range/ovens from Aggressive Appliance, Orlando, FL. I immediately had problems with the light, thermostat knobs and then the problems grew... My ovens would not heat about 300/350 degrees and then would not maintain that temperature. Aggressive Appliances came out over six times to "fix" my problems. Eventually, after replacing the third thermostat (which I was told was the only part that they didn't make... yeah right!) they said that they could not fix it. The Regional Sales Manager Peter **, then came out and he couldn't fix it either. He then said that they would replace it. I asked him at that time what would happen if the second DCS range did not work, would I be able to get my money back and he said yes, that that wasn't going to happen. Well, you guessed it...

Friday they put in the second DCS 48 inch dual fuel range/ovens and the large oven does not even get warm, the light does not go off, the grill had three dents in it. This has been a continuous nightmare which is only going to get worse because I have already sent out over 118 invitations to a huge event at my house which will be catered. They want to try and fix the second range when they should have made sure it worked before shipping it to me. Zero quality control. Save yourself the heartache. Spend a little more money and get something that will work. This product and company are not worth the headaches, tears and frustration. They do not honor their "expressed warranty", nor apologize (until I pointed out that no one had even said sorry), nor offer consequential or incidental damages. What was supposed to be an exciting, joyful purchase has been a living hell. Hopefully, you will be wiser because of my pain.

I bought a fridge with 2+3 years warranty. After 1 month of warranty expired. Fridge's computer and defrost heater are gone. It cost me almost $500. It was very challenging for Fisher Paykel's customer service to talk with them. They said "we will get back to you" and they never do. I had to call them again and spend so much time on the phone and they don't really care. I never and NEVER buy any Fisher and Paykel product again. My previous fridge was Fujitsu and lasted 20 years without any problem.

I purchased a "Dish Drawer" dishwasher for a kitchen remodel in 2008. I was lured by the fact there are two (2) independent washer units; one on top of the other which allowed flexibility in cleaning as well as potential addition kitchen utensil storage. Troubles began within the first 90-days. I have summoned kitchen appliance repair companies listed as "authorized" by Fisher Paykel numerous times with the last service attendant indicating "there are serious design flaws with the appliance". At this date the following had been experienced: The "bottom" dishwasher unit is completely non-functional, the "touch" wash controls in the operating unit do not work correctly; and now are "stuck" in one washer cycle. I was informed by one of the techs that came out there is a design flaw that allows water to seep into the controls.

For $1,500 for a dishwasher I would have expected more. What is more alarming is the sales rep when I bought the appliance indicated the manufacturer also made "kidney dialysis machines". If this is the case (and my research indicates this is true) there are numerous fatalities if the quality of the dialysis machines is the same as the "Dish Drawer". Do not under any circumstances purchase anything this Company makes. The quality is terrible!!!

Our Fisher and Paykel Washsmart top loading clothes washer is still in warranty and the pump failed. After 4 days a Fisher and Paykel service representative arrived, gave the machine a shake and the pump began to work again. Two weeks later, the pump failed again. We now have to wait 6 days to get a service representative for a machine that has been looked after immaculately. Does anyone have had the same experience, and is there a simple remedy?

Fisher Paykel Company Profile