Fisher Paykel
Fisher Paykel
1.40/5

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

947 Fisher Paykel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My Fisher & Paykel dual fuel (gas top/electric oven) is by far the worst appliance I have ever purchased. From day one after the installation, the oven wouldn't work properly because of, what I later learned, is a PLASTIC lock which came broken. Without this lock, the sensor believes that the oven door is open and the oven won't work correctly. According to the technician, this lock breaks frequently, and he mentions he doesn't understand why a piece so important is made of plastic.

The technician comes back with the part to fix the issue, but when he puts the oven all back together, it seemed that the oven door was no longer centered in place. He said that it should not be a problem, after all, the oven was now working. Although I thought it was a very poor customer service response for an appliance so expensive, I decided to bite the bullet, as I had spent too long without an oven. Despite my compromise, a week after this repair the door completely sunk to one side. As a result, the oven was again non-operational. Another technician comes, this time to tell me that the door hinge had an issue. He didn't have the spare part, so I go another month without an oven.

At the day scheduled for the technician to come to install the new hinge, he missed the appointment, allegedly because previous appointments that ran late. So now I have at least 3 more weeks with no oven until he can come again. After weeks, the technician is back. He installs the new hinge, and of course, the door is again not centered. The oven doesn't work properly, because, without a centered door, the locking mechanism doesn't work well. Interestingly enough, he insists that everything is fine, and tells me that the lock is only used for the oven self-clean function, which I should never use because everyone who uses it requests a repair right after due to oven parts that get burned and makes the oven malfunction.

Interesting to know that the oven is even worse than I thought, and that the self-clean feature is unusable. But back to my case, even though the lock is not essential, it affects how the door open and closes, and the oven does not work well without everything centered and in place. His answer: "I can't do anything about it." Now I call Fisher & Paykel to complain, and their solution? To send another technician. I'm now nearly one year without an oven. I simply can't bake anything. So my advice to all of you considering to buy a Fisher & Paykel appliance, believe the bad reviews and stay away from it. I was one of those who thought "no, it can't be that poorly made at such a high price tag." Well, it is, and its customer service is just as bad.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Do not purchase these products. The warranty is deceiving and does not cover parts if something does go wrong. Nothing on the stove is built to last. To get a simple knob replacement I have to have two repairmen come to do a 6 hour job and saw the whole top of the steel stove off. Customer Service told me I was lucky that the stove lasted one whole year. It cost $3k.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I made a toll call 4 times before getting a proper explanation and the word MISTAKE was never mentioned during this conversation on their part for charging me twice. I also spoke to three people who knew about this terrible mistake and yet failed to acknowledge. I will definitely not be dealing with this company in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Every white towel we washed, including high quality ones purchased this year, has developed holes. To be sure that we weren’t adding too much bleach, we have only filled the bleach dispenser half full and diluted it with water to the fill mark. We are about to throw this washer out and get a different one. Another thing we don’t like is that you can’t fill the tub with enough water to just soak things.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Washsmart 8.5 kg. If you pause the wash in the deep rinse cycle so you can add fabric softener it will drain the water. If you use the fabric softener dispenser, the softener is dispensed during the spray rinse. The lid lock activates during the deep rinse cycle, the reason I was told was because a child drowned in the w/machine. BTW the lid lock does not activate during the wash cycle. I hate this machine, I am 64yo and this was to be my last investment in the washer dept. I am going to see if I can get this thing re-programmed! Totally useless. Had the Smartdrive7.2. $800 down the drain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Purchased a Fisher Paykel dryer in Feb 2013. Six months ago we started getting grease marks on our clothes. I contacted Fisher Paykel and after MANY calls (when they did return my calls), they concluded that I needed to turn the reversible drum off as that was causing issues on these units. I did so, and continued to have the same issues. After going back and forth, Fisher Paykel said there was nothing more they could do. They didn't even send out one of their techs to look at it. So, $700 later and using the dryer for 2 1/2 years, I'm out! I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FISHER PAYKEL AGAIN!! SHAME ON YOU!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have a bottom mount freezer drawer that cannot open but a few inches. Getting through to customer service has been fraught with games of long hold times, getting disconnected when I ask for a supervisor or info on my repair. As I am in the United States, there is no local customer service. All calls are routed to New Zealand. Emails are ignored. My call records get "lost". Nothing on the "record" anymore. "We have no log of your inquiry." Calls to their authorized local repair company go unanswered. A second local company warned me that it would a long time until it can get fixed because they too cannot get through to F&P or their techs or get a hold of the parts. Complete frustration.

After reading only some of the reviews here, it seems to be a common complaint. Nice looking product but it means absolutely nothing if it cannot function. No company is perfect and I expect hiccups but the run-around here is incredible. My only recourse is to start recording my conversations with the false promises I am given along with posting a review video on social media showing the drawer problems. My hope is to discourage anyone from buying an F&P appliance as the service when needed (and it will be needed) is absolute garbage. It should not be this difficult to get adequate service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We have the drawer version of the dishwasher and I am unimpressed with the performance. I have experimented with different dishwasher soaps, loading methods, rinse/wash cycles but I simply cannot get my dishes clean. I have had an ancient dishwasher previously with no issues; switched to this brand and it leaves food particles on dishes, cloudiness on my glasses and grease sitting in the bottom of the unit. I wash the dishes off before putting them in, but no improvement. The wash cycle also takes over 2 hrs which is impractical for the smaller apartment unit that is designed to run frequently with small loads.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have a Fisher Paykel dryer that needs repair. Called Fisher Paykel to find an authorized service tech. Turns out the nearest repair tech is 3 hours away. Before you buy this brand make sure they have a repair tech in your area. Useless appliance if you can't get it repaired.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

In my all entire life I had been changed my range only 2 times. I have been in USA for almost 30 years, I had to change my range which was build in the kitchen since 1960's. I renovated my apartment 2008 and had to buy new range, which I chose Fisher & Paykel. Since the first year I had problem with the burners. I had spend more money more than the value of the unit. I highly recommend even do not go close to it, and to look at it even. The worse range that I had in my life.

I called a couple of technician to let them know, all had been advise me it is not worth, change it.

Fisher Paykel Company Information