Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Fisher Paykel
3.76/5

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

962 Fisher Paykel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was separating the grounds and neutrals on my service panel when I got shocked by one of the ground wires. I traced the ground to the incoming cable and found the breaker that fed it. I turned the breaker off and looked for the outlet that has dead. It turned out to be the washer outlet. I then made a two wire cable to test the ground. I have pictures of the test procedure. I have owned three Fisher Paykel washers over the past 10 years and have them still. I then tested all three and found all to have this VAC on the ground. I have some pictures to verify the serial numbers and test on each.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

You can feel comfortable setting the temperature, spin cycle, etc. according to the booklet that comes with it and you have TONS of sensors that determine if anything unusual is being laundered. If so, the units automatically reset to take care of things. Both the washer & dryer open on top. These are manufactured in Sweden. While a little pricey, they last without any service calls for a very long time and are extremely reliable. The dryer filter is super easy to remove and clean, so it’s no trouble to clean after each load.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have owned this washer for over 16 years. It has never needed servicing. I love how it automatically senses the size of the wash load and adjusts water usage accordingly. I only recently purchased a replacement agitator due to a broken fin. My clothes are clean and the machine is reliable.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We bought a Fisher Paykel washer/dryer set in 2009 for our new house. The dryer model number is DE27CW1. We had a six year warranty and used one call for the washer. In 2019 the dryer would fail to dry clothes. We cleaned the vent pathway and lint buildup in the front of the unit, pressed reset and we were good to go until a load of towels didn’t dry and nothing after that. Removed the front panel, pressed reset again and my husband noted that the heating element was red hot even though the unit wasn’t drying. After receiving an incorrect part from Sears Direct we decided to be grateful we didn’t have a fire and purchased a Miele set. We have pictures of the red hot heating element. There is information on the web about a lawsuit by a family in Washington State who had a fire with their Fisher Paykel dryer. Why wasn’t the Fisher Paykel dryer recalled?

Original review: April 30, 2019

Our Fisher & Paykel Induction stove/Electric Range is apparently a dud. It is less than 3 years old and so you would not think these sorts of things would happen. The oven began shutting itself off, during its use, for no apparent reason. Sometimes it would shut off within seconds, other times during a cycle and so there would not be any warning, I would just come around the corner and see the light flashing and know that it had shut itself off. F&P suggested I contact the nearest authorized service tech. I had to explain, to 3 different people, (even sent a map) that the person they were recommending was a 10 hour drive, with a 2 hour ferry ride.

I finally found a local person who is willing to look at my range but only if he can obtain a service manual so he can look the product over first, before coming out. Fisher & Paykel say only "authorized" people can have a copy. This person is willing to fix my range and they won't let him. Now a new problem appeared today. I suddenly have 2 elements not operating. There is an error code coming up, on the 2 elements on the same side, even though I am only trying to turn 1 of them on. And, the kicker is, there is no such error code in their consumer manual that is displayed on my stovetop. I strongly recommend people stay away from Fisher & Paykel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: April 21, 2019

Fisher Paykel is the only dishwasher that provides a double draw and this is the only reason it’s still on the market. You will be changing a motor/rotor every 18 months. The cost of the motor is 100.00 dollars and installation is 290.00. Fisher Paykel will recommend Dial An Appliance if you live in Brooklyn or Queens. They take 250.00 to put the motor in and it’s a 10 min job, but you’ll have no choice. I loved the double draw so within a 10 year period I had to buy and fix 3 dishwashers. Finally said, "No more.." I just purchased a KitchenAid and hope to have it longer. If you purchase this dishwasher your first repair will be within the first year. Guaranteed!

Original review: April 17, 2019

My F&P oven was new when I purchased my apartment in 2017. A year later, I experienced problems with the interior lights and the glass ceiling that protected the roasting elements. F&P directed me to their authorized repair company in South Florida, Appliance Service Group, Inc. of Pembroke Pines, FL. I paid them over $800 in advance on Feb. 1, 2019 (they told me that the warranty was for only 1 year, when it is 2 years but F&P finally agreed to honor the warranty after I contacted them).

However, my oven still has not been fixed as of April 17, 2019 - a 2 1/2 month delay. ASG has told me several lies about the delay....a part is on backorder, the wrong part was ordered, the part had to come from NZ, etc. I have been promised on several occasions that it would be repaired within 5 to 7 business days. It hasn't and for over 2 1/2 months I have been without the use of my oven. F&P and its authorized service agents are not to be trusted.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Bought a dishwasher and two weeks in it does not wash. Service came twice. Did not fix problem. These appliances are expensive but they are lemons. Will not recommended this make to anyone. REAL GARBAGE.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have a 10 year old 48” range, priced at approx 8k+. About two years ago, I had to replace all of the interior shelves, at my cost, because they had rusted so badly they would no longer pull out. This year, all of the plastic on the front knobs have puckered and bubbled off, presumably from the heat of the door being opened when the range is on. Customer service has basically said "oh well," and has refused to replace the knobs. After replacing all the shelving I certainly won’t pay for new knobs too. The customer service in New Zealand is certainly not what we are used to in the U.S. For the price of this range, they should stand behind their products unconditionally. As I told them, I have had KitchenAid ranges last longer with no problems. So, bottom line, if you are looking for a range with all the bells and whistles, be sure to go for a U.S. company! Oh, and the range has never kept accurate temperatures to boot!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I purchased my DCS in 2004. Over the years I had to replace several parts - okay, I accept that high cost of owning a commercials style appliance. February 2019: I began to notice an issue with the oven sensor. I called my service rep who immediately came to check. He indicated that I should get a new oven sensor - if the part is available. Hmmm... Two days later the tech informed me that they were not able to get the part, that I could try to call Fisher Paykel direct.

After much hold time I was informed by Fisher Paykel that parts are no longer available for my model. I was politely told that the law only requires them to keep parts for 7 years and after that they have no obligation to do so. The most insulting response, "we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause". Inconvenience? This is not an inconvenience! This is a high end appliance rendered useless for want of a sensor or workaround with a substitute part. DON'T buy Fisher Paykel, it's not poor customer support you will receive, it is NO customer support you will get.

Fisher Paykel Company Information