Fisher Paykel

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Microwave control panel was not working properly after a few years. Got the runaround on obtaining a part to fix it, customer service was the farthest thing from helpful. A high-end appliance company that operates bush league. Disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I bought their sub-zero refrigerator. One year later the the compressor went out. It took two weeks to get another one in. When they were replacing it they shorted out another part. This part is on back order and they can not give me a date of arrival. It's been over a month and a half and I am still without a refrigerator with no date of when part will arrive. Be advised this is not a good product or company.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

We purchased a Fisher Paykel 36" French door refrigerator in 2016. We have owned it for 5 years and 11 months. It has a 5-year warranty on the condensing system. Last week, the refrigerator stopped working and the repair technician (Certified by Fisher Paykel) told us there was a leak in the high-side of the condensing system and that the fridge could not be repaired. After 5 years, this expensive fridge was effectively scrap metal. I called the company and was told to send in the diagnostic report. I have followed up twice and have heard nothing. So much for the "kitchen perfection". I should have purchased the Bosch, at least they stand by the quality of their products. For a company that purports to sell quality products, this is more than disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I bought this F&P dishwasher for my new house and I am so frustrated that it does not clean the dishes properly. All the stuff in the dishwasher is not properly clean and I have to wash them with my hands. Will never ever recommend it to others at all.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Dealing with this company has been a very bad experience. Ordered a ignitor replacement for one of my burners on my built in DCS BBQ and the part is faulty. Trying to get technical support or RMA issued has been impossible. 2 weeks now of calling them and following-up via email has gone nowhere. I do not know how this company stays in business with this complete lack of customer service/poor customer experience.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I purchased a their high-end BBQ grill and side burner in September 2021. During assembly by their installer, I was informed a $7 part is needed to function in sync. The Installer technician gave me the part number but it cannot be ordered by a customer. The Customer Service is unaware of the part number. The Service technician who came to do another service also confirmed the part number. Why would Fisher/Paykel not be willing to ship me a $7 part in 2021. Now after 6 months of investigation and research, I was able to order the part (which their customer service can't locate) via BestBuy from the Fisher/Paykel distribution center. The part now cost me $35!! I would not recommend Fisher/Paykel products because the customer is expected to do all the research and their systems are not obsolete.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I was traditionally a big fan of F&P having numerous products and always found F&P to be Elaine. But the latest experience with F&P re a defective fridge model means I would never buy a F&P product again. Our fridge had parts replaced in the first 6 months and then fully replaced within 2 year warranty. When their authorised repairer said “everyone has problems with this model” and we still had ongoing problems I thought F&P would do the right thing. Having now been without a working fridge for 10 days - with daily calls to follow up with F&P, on day 10 they said the delay was the proof of purchase (which they obviously already had) and if asked I could have sent to them. It’s not so much even the outcome. It's the inability to deal with the issue in a timely manner. Have now purchased another reputable brand and love it….No turning back.

Original review: April 20, 2022

We loved the design merits of our fully integrated 36” fridge/freezer combo (2 seperate units side by side). The products were delivered early to ensure we had them when our new cabinets were complete. When unpacked for professional installation it was noted there were parts missing for the integrated installation. After several emails calls and many hours with FP and our retailer in Canada (The Brick) we discovered no parts were available in Canada and had to be shipped from California. This took several days so we moved into our newly renovated home with no fridge and freezer.

Once installed we soon discovered the ice maker did not work. FP outsources their warranty service to a third party. A serviceman came and said the water filter seal was faulty and was preventing water flow to the ice maker. He said I had to buy one as they don’t stock any parts and neither does the retailer. I objected to this cost ($151 plus tax on Amazon) so I complained to FP CUSTOMER SERVICE as the product comes with a 2 year PARTS and labour warranty. They did not help me and in fact the third person I spoke hung up on the call. DO NOT BUY THESE VERY EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS. They have no Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Our dishwasher was installed during a remodel by the appliance company in August 2021. The top drawer immediately had issues getting stuck on a code during every wash, beeping and stopping the cycle. We had the appliance service come out 4 times with no resolution. Fisher Paykel declined to replace the product stating it was an "installation error". The appliance company has come out twice more with no resolution.

We have been making due, being patient, because the bottom drawer which is smaller, had been working. Today the bottom drawer malfunctioned, in order to stop the beeping we had to turn off the electricity to the dishwasher. We have spoken to Fisher Paykel on two occasions asking for replacement, the appliance company has taken pictures to indicate this is not a "installation issue". It has been a fight to "prove" this is a faulty product. This is a Fisher Paykel appliance and I would expect them to address the issue. It is now the end of January and we have yet to have a functioning product.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Bought this Fisher and Paykel fridge six years ago, keeps making a beeping noise, had a technician look at it, he said would cost too much to fix the circuit board. Rang Fisher and Paykel and they said it is out of warranty. Product should last longer than this. Will not buy this brand again.

Fisher Paykel Company Information