2. Homeowners

Fisher and Paykel

Fisher Paykel
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5
Based on 1,321 ratings

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: May 24, 2020

Going strong for 15 years. Lights blink to advise a problem. Count number of blinks, look it up and problem solved. In 15 years only one issue. A sock got stuck in the tubing. Detailed instructions showed how to remove it. Automatic load adjustment & water level sensor.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I love the quietness of the machine. It washes well. The problem I have is that it is hard to get it warranted. It is not a common brand. I love the stainless steel drum and the different settings help me select the exact setting to use.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2020

One feature is that I can choose a fast wash or a full water wash and that I can choose a soak or not to soak. I can wash and rinse in all hot or warm or cold. Also, the was is in an open drum with no center agitator. It's less hard on clothes.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Fisher-Paykel washer, replaced the pump twice. Works great after more than 10 years. Price has gone up, I would look to other brands for a replacement though. This washer is easy to repair and very reliable. I have replaced the agitator once, about $100, did it myself. The design lends itself to easy repair by the owner. I would recommend the deep clean cycle with washing soda at least once per month for optimally clean clothes. Just program the clean cycle, dump in the washing soda and turn it on.

Original review: April 28, 2020

So I've read a lot of negative reviews about FP. I have been using it since a 6000 sqft project build I did almost 10 years ago using a dual drawer dishwasher. THIS IS THE ONLY DISHWASHER I'LL EVER BUY. A 2 drawer dishwasher is very civilized... 2 completely independent running drawers that clean very well. Next renovation in a $2M condo I put in same dishwasher and a FP Washer and Ventless Dryer. I could not be happier. Never any service problems, cosmetically beautiful, and nice ergonomics. Don't overload it.

My advice.. READ THE USER MANUAL. You can break things if you don't know how to use them. Clean them when required. Clean the filters (no matter what you buy). The brand is super reliable and well designed. My dual drawer dishwasher I put in 10 years ago is working perfectly and I have never serviced it. I'm now doing another reno on a different $2M condo and I'm putting in FP dishwasher and a FP Washer and Ventless Dryer.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I purchased a Fisher Paykel built in oven model OB60SD10PX1 6 weeks ago. I spelt something on the bottom of the oven. So I started the self cleaning function. The oven over heated during this function and burnt out the motherboard safety switch and door lock. I called F&P. Their customer service representative was given a contract number for a service agent. Waited 10 days for someone to come out to have a look at the oven. Technician replaced the door lock and motherboard but the safety switch is out of stock, and will be another 2to 3 weeks delay. I have done some research on the faulty F216 - and it seems that this is a known fault with this oven. If this is the case shouldn't this oven be recalled? As I have only had this oven for 6 weeks with a known fault you would think that I would be entitled to a refund/store credit.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

During a full kitchen renovation we needed a fridge of unusual dimensions. Fisher & Paykel had one that would fit and so we decided for aesthetics we would purchase the same brand for the induction range. It’s an expensive decision that we came to regret. Within a few months, we realized the oven wasn’t achieving the temperature it was set at and constantly ran up to 30F below the temp showing on the display. After the second call, maybe the third, we were told that we’d have to learn to mentally calculate what temperature to set the oven to depending on what we were cooking. $5000 for an oven that was less predictable than a much less expensive unit.

The induction cooktop was really good, efficient, no problems but after the fourth service call, several parts replaced and eventually 6 weeks without an oven or cooktop because the temperature control failed spectacularly and the entire range had to be disconnected over Christmas while the parts were on back order, it was eventually repaired successfully, but it required an entire new motherboard and sensor, and two years of aggravation. For this reason, I will never again buy anything from Fisher & Paykel.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This 2020 model 9kg heat pump dryer simply will not dry sheets. It tangles them in a ball, "dries" them for 2 hours and they remain damp. Even if you run successful cycles, they continually tangle and take many cycles to dry (and I taking just 2 sheets - not heaps). Towels are also very slow - several hours, but they do eventually get there. To do your washing takes a whole day with the endless problems - untangling sheets and re-running the cycle. Plus there is zero customer support. *If* you can get through, you get some poor chap who doesn't speak English well and he cannot help you. Hopeless. I have been a loyal F&P customer for 30+ years but will never buy another appliance from them. I assume that since Haier have acquired a controlling interest, but have also stated that they want the Haier brand to be the premium brand, that they are deliberately letting the F&P brand go in to decline.

Original review: May 17, 2020

This Machine is reliable, but mine tangles sheets, it has good features, but problem when Tangles sheets, has good cycles on water, has extra cycle for really dirty clothes, I have always had this brand of washing machine, only problem I have had in 8 years is to change water hoses at back of machine, I wash daily has been okay for me.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I’m 52 years of age. I've just purchased my 3rd Fisher Paykel machine and I left home at 21. This brand has never let me down. Large loads, small loads..my family and extended families. 100% Fisher and Paykel.

Fisher Paykel Company Information