Fisher Paykel
Fisher Paykel
1.65/5

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

942 Fisher Paykel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Purchased a Fisher Paykel dryer in Feb 2013. Six months ago we started getting grease marks on our clothes. I contacted Fisher Paykel and after MANY calls (when they did return my calls), they concluded that I needed to turn the reversible drum off as that was causing issues on these units. I did so, and continued to have the same issues. After going back and forth, Fisher Paykel said there was nothing more they could do. They didn't even send out one of their techs to look at it. So, $700 later and using the dryer for 2 1/2 years, I'm out! I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FISHER PAYKEL AGAIN!! SHAME ON YOU!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have a bottom mount freezer drawer that cannot open but a few inches. Getting through to customer service has been fraught with games of long hold times, getting disconnected when I ask for a supervisor or info on my repair. As I am in the United States, there is no local customer service. All calls are routed to New Zealand. Emails are ignored. My call records get "lost". Nothing on the "record" anymore. "We have no log of your inquiry." Calls to their authorized local repair company go unanswered. A second local company warned me that it would a long time until it can get fixed because they too cannot get through to F&P or their techs or get a hold of the parts. Complete frustration.

After reading only some of the reviews here, it seems to be a common complaint. Nice looking product but it means absolutely nothing if it cannot function. No company is perfect and I expect hiccups but the run-around here is incredible. My only recourse is to start recording my conversations with the false promises I am given along with posting a review video on social media showing the drawer problems. My hope is to discourage anyone from buying an F&P appliance as the service when needed (and it will be needed) is absolute garbage. It should not be this difficult to get adequate service.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We have the drawer version of the dishwasher and I am unimpressed with the performance. I have experimented with different dishwasher soaps, loading methods, rinse/wash cycles but I simply cannot get my dishes clean. I have had an ancient dishwasher previously with no issues; switched to this brand and it leaves food particles on dishes, cloudiness on my glasses and grease sitting in the bottom of the unit. I wash the dishes off before putting them in, but no improvement. The wash cycle also takes over 2 hrs which is impractical for the smaller apartment unit that is designed to run frequently with small loads.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have a Fisher Paykel dryer that needs repair. Called Fisher Paykel to find an authorized service tech. Turns out the nearest repair tech is 3 hours away. Before you buy this brand make sure they have a repair tech in your area. Useless appliance if you can't get it repaired.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

In my all entire life I had been changed my range only 2 times. I have been in USA for almost 30 years, I had to change my range which was build in the kitchen since 1960's. I renovated my apartment 2008 and had to buy new range, which I chose Fisher & Paykel. Since the first year I had problem with the burners. I had spend more money more than the value of the unit. I highly recommend even do not go close to it, and to look at it even. The worse range that I had in my life.

I called a couple of technician to let them know, all had been advise me it is not worth, change it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have finally purchased a different brand of range and the never-functioning, Fisher Paykel 36" dual oven range will be hauled out of here. I have replaced the entire ignition system in this range, three times. These units are not cheap and that you cannot get the larger oven to turn on, and stay on, it's ridiculous. I gave up on trying to use the large oven, when, after multiple repairs, it went off, mid-way while roasting a seven rib prime rib. Christmas dinner was very late that year.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My dishwasher broke today and I called for service. They had the audacity to give me a date for July 18th. What kind of customer service is that. I would recommend stay away from buying as service sucks once you buy their product and not many people service their products. Buyer Beware.

Original review: April 23, 2018

No contact with Fisher and Paykel happens without our initiating it. When our dishwasher broke, to book the service visit online we had to allow a 6 hour window for him/her to arrive. When he did come and determined what was needed i.e. parts and a second visit at no time did F&P update us. So after 2 weeks we made contact again and since then it has been impossible to get through. I cannot contact the service person directly, have to go through the customer service who do not answer the phone, cut you off and just respond to computer prompts. All they can do is rebook visits. The dishwasher is less than a year old and needs a new motor. We are not heavy users of it. I wish we could use the local service people and not have to rely on F and P ever again. They cannot cope.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have owned a F&P double dishwasher for 7 years. Approximately 6 months ago, the machine began to leak on the top level and the dishes were not clean on the bottom. I looked on the F&P website and found the information for several nearby repairmen. I contacted the first person and he came to check the machine. He charged $80 to look at it & stated that he needed to order a part. We called him several times in the next few weeks, but he said the part was not in. After a few more calls, we gave up and called a 2nd repair from the list. Unfortunately, we had the same experience (and paying $143) - after calling 3 or 4 times, the repairman never returned our call.

I called F&P customer service and explained what happened. The customer service person gave us another repair shop to call and stated that F&P would likely reimburse us for the "house call" fees, which was now over $200 with no repairs done. The new company that we called stated that they only fix machines that they have sold & that F&P should NOT have given out their information. I called back and got yet another name, which, thankfully turned out to be legitimate. Our machine was finally fixed (at a cost of $372). My dissatisfaction is with the referring of several repair companies who clearly could not fix our machine, and paying money for no service. When I contacted F&P about the events above, I was told that they would NOT reimburse me the "house call" money. I assure you that I would not purchase another of their products!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Looking at other reviews, my oven was discontinued. The last service man that came out said they don't make the part anymore. If did find it would take months. Why didn't Fisher Paykel say something to me. I been working with one oven & cannot clean it since before christmas. I love baking. That's why I bought a double oven. This oven has had at least 78 times service people. Money! More money. The worst product I ever purchased.

Fisher Paykel Company Information