2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Fisher and Paykel

Fisher Paykel
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Fisher Paykel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Paykel?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: May 24, 2020

Going strong for 15 years. Lights blink to advise a problem. Count number of blinks, look it up and problem solved. In 15 years only one issue. A sock got stuck in the tubing. Detailed instructions showed how to remove it. Automatic load adjustment & water level sensor.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I love the quietness of the machine. It washes well. The problem I have is that it is hard to get it warranted. It is not a common brand. I love the stainless steel drum and the different settings help me select the exact setting to use.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2020

One feature is that I can choose a fast wash or a full water wash and that I can choose a soak or not to soak. I can wash and rinse in all hot or warm or cold. Also, the was is in an open drum with no center agitator. It's less hard on clothes.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Fisher-Paykel washer, replaced the pump twice. Works great after more than 10 years. Price has gone up, I would look to other brands for a replacement though. This washer is easy to repair and very reliable. I have replaced the agitator once, about $100, did it myself. The design lends itself to easy repair by the owner. I would recommend the deep clean cycle with washing soda at least once per month for optimally clean clothes. Just program the clean cycle, dump in the washing soda and turn it on.

Original review: April 28, 2020

So I've read a lot of negative reviews about FP. I have been using it since a 6000 sqft project build I did almost 10 years ago using a dual drawer dishwasher. THIS IS THE ONLY DISHWASHER I'LL EVER BUY. A 2 drawer dishwasher is very civilized... 2 completely independent running drawers that clean very well. Next renovation in a $2M condo I put in same dishwasher and a FP Washer and Ventless Dryer. I could not be happier. Never any service problems, cosmetically beautiful, and nice ergonomics. Don't overload it.

My advice.. READ THE USER MANUAL. You can break things if you don't know how to use them. Clean them when required. Clean the filters (no matter what you buy). The brand is super reliable and well designed. My dual drawer dishwasher I put in 10 years ago is working perfectly and I have never serviced it. I'm now doing another reno on a different $2M condo and I'm putting in FP dishwasher and a FP Washer and Ventless Dryer.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This 2020 model 9kg heat pump dryer simply will not dry sheets. It tangles them in a ball, "dries" them for 2 hours and they remain damp. Even if you run successful cycles, they continually tangle and take many cycles to dry (and I taking just 2 sheets - not heaps). Towels are also very slow - several hours, but they do eventually get there. To do your washing takes a whole day with the endless problems - untangling sheets and re-running the cycle. Plus there is zero customer support. *If* you can get through, you get some poor chap who doesn't speak English well and he cannot help you. Hopeless. I have been a loyal F&P customer for 30+ years but will never buy another appliance from them. I assume that since Haier have acquired a controlling interest, but have also stated that they want the Haier brand to be the premium brand, that they are deliberately letting the F&P brand go in to decline.

Original review: May 17, 2020

This Machine is reliable, but mine tangles sheets, it has good features, but problem when Tangles sheets, has good cycles on water, has extra cycle for really dirty clothes, I have always had this brand of washing machine, only problem I have had in 8 years is to change water hoses at back of machine, I wash daily has been okay for me.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I’m 52 years of age. I've just purchased my 3rd Fisher Paykel machine and I left home at 21. This brand has never let me down. Large loads, small loads..my family and extended families. 100% Fisher and Paykel.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I purchased a Fisher & Paykel fridge because I wanted a stainless steel fridge with bottom freezer. I have a limited space for the fridge and this was the only unit I found that would fit... I really didn't want to spend $2K on a fridge but I didn’t have much choice if I wanted a bottom freezer compartment. The original unit had a condenser issue and it whined all the time in a hi frequency. They replaced the unit after a few weeks. That was about 4 years ago.

A few months ago, I noticed the "fingerprint protection" film was coming off the doors. I had never used any cleaning agents, just soft damp cloths to clean the fridge. That was months ago... I contacted F&P and created a trouble ticket. I didn't hear anything back. So, another call to F&P. Then they asked for images, which I sent them. Then waited and waited. I called again saying I hadn't rec'd a reply. I was told the images had been sent to the wrong dept, and they were now sent to the correct dept. I waited and waited.

Today, called them back AGAIN. This time I was told my request was denied (I had to call them to get this info) because I lived a couple miles from the ocean and the salt water in the air voided my issue. Interesting as all my other appliances are fingerprint resistant stainless steel (not F&P brand), and only this unit has the issue, so I call BS on this. So now I'm stuck with a unit that looks like crap, with the doors peeling. This product's issues coupled with the absolutely horrible customer service I experienced has convinced me to never purchase a Fisher & Paykel product again.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Drawer dishwasher double works very good. Holds a lot for it size. Very reliable. Working non stop for 11 years without any problem. Very efficient and economical. Very quiet you wouldn’t know it’s working.

Fisher Paykel Company Information