Protect What Matters Most

3. Appliances

Fisher and Paykel

Fisher Paykel
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fisher Paykel Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Awful. We purchased a 1 year old house with Fisher and Paykel appliances installed. Within 6 months, the oven ($5000 oven/range) broke. The WORST customer service. Liars. And no solution after 3 months.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Hello. I purchased a Fisher and Paykel Heat Pump Dryer approx 6 months ago, from day 1 I've had nothing but issues. The lint filter light and alarm constantly goes off, the condenser tank full light and alarm goes off constantly even though it gets drained straight into the laundry trough. The bedding ends up in complete knots each time so they never dry. The bedding takes over 3 hours to dry due to the constant knots and you have to keep taking it out and unknot it all which due to me having a spinal fusion is extremely difficult.

I sent a pile of videos and photos to F & P and asked for a refund but they insisted on replacement only with the exact same model. This model is still doing the same thing plus also has the loudest squeaking noise when drying. I have numerous pictures of the knotted bedding. The last lot I had to actually get my neighbour to help as it was knotted up so badly, they were so shocked a dryer worth over $1500 can be that bad. I've contacted F&P constantly but they do not respond to any emails at all.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I have had the engineer in 5 times and the dishwasher is only a year old. From day one it was not washing properly and was told by a number of engineers that it was the powder, then was told the dishwasher tablet's formula had been changed. Was also told to put the tablets down the side of the draw. They tried to change the settings 3 times and it still don’t wash properly. My grandchildren have been in hospital with bad stomachs and we have put it down to the substandard dishwasher. We were told they would replace it and had a call from them but they have never come to replace it. I have called them at least 20 times and emailed with no outcome. My next step is to arrange a solicitor to get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I bought two appliances from Fisher Paykel - a double wall oven, $4K, and a range top $2K. I had decided to buy another brand, but was told in the store, that Fisher Paykel was offering a $600 rebate, for buying two appliances. A wall oven, Plus a cook top, or washer, etc. So I bit that carrot, and paid more for the Fisher Paykel, than I would have for the Kitchen Aid or the Wolf cooktop.

I have had to spend so much time to try to receive this rebate. Probably 20 emails, several phone calls, numerous submissions of the claim form. There was some problem with it, every time. In the end, they said, I didn't qualify: "because this is for a Wall oven, and cooktop. You purchased a Range Cooktop." It's still the same, it has 6 burners, and the range top style is actually more expensive than the basic cooktop. It's just rubbish, that they don't honor these rebates. I have tried to submit over and over, and it has been so frustrating. I have no idea if the appliances work well or not. But the rebate process does not. Don't fall for that.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I had to book for a service to my dishwasher. Booked online, confirmed appointment, technician never showed up. Called their 800 number and have been called back from Queensland (Australia). Still don't have another appointment, it is a complete waste of time. Never again with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I have purchased 30,000 dollars of there appliances and they are all in the garbage after 6 years and I have called over 50 times in the last 6 months about my dishwasher and they tell me a regional manager will email me back or call in which the have not.. Finally they gave me an offer to buy a new one at 20 dollars off. They must be kidding so there's nothing they can do for me. They said take it or leave it so I'm begging people not to buy their products because they won't help you when they break. I'm trying to save you a headache.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We have an F&P double dish draw. The top draw started to have an error message mid wash - U6. The bottom draw worked perfectly. It took 2 weeks to get a service appointment after being cut off on the phone twice. They came this morning and replaced a water valve but confirmed the bottom draw was in perfect working order. $180 later, valve replaced and told all good. Load the dish draw tonight after dinner and go to turn on. No power to either draw. I think the service tech must have turned off at the power point. No it is on. We connect to another power source. Still no power. I call F and P after hours number. Eventually a very unhelpful and non caring Leah tells me the earliest appointment to attend is Monday next week.

We have Christmas at our home this weekend and cannot be without a dishwasher. Surely we would be a priority as it was working before they attended. I was put on hold abruptly for 12 minutes, and then had another staff member say that there would be no refund and I had to have a booking for the new problem. They would try for tomorrow but no guarantee. I now have to take a second day off work, have no dishwasher at all for the Christmas party, and if I am lucky I might not have to pay for them to fix their own mistake. Shame shame shame on you F&P. And a little empathy and customer service training would not go astray. Also I do expect a refund for your technician mistake that has cost me. Very unhappy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The fridge (no ice or water) has been fine, in fact we bought another Fisher Paykel. But we bought the second one with a side handle. The handle on our first fridge kept breaking off. The technician said the magnets were too strong. You may want to check the pressure it takes to open the door because you can take out some magnets. It costs about $150-$170 Cdn to replace (parts and labour past warranty period). Here are the two old handles of our old fridge which is now in the basement. We are on our third handle and I open it by pulling on the top of the door.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

As the technician was packing up to leave, after his or another's fourth visit in 6 weeks, I asked where his suitcase was. "Suitcase"? "Yes", I said. "You might as well stay here because when this oven goes out within a week or so, as before, you will be here ready to fix it." We rarely cook or use the oven but mystery of mysteries when the first part went out then there was a second and a third part strangely out of order. All within a very short period of time. One replacement part never did work. Bad enough waiting on hold for the New Zealand customer service department and being told there was no record of past service calls. Don't bother trying to explain or negotiate a free service call or part replacement cause it ain't gonna happen. NOT A HAPPY EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I love this fridge, very sleek design, bought it for the quality and light stainless steel look. However, the original door had a dent in it and that is where it all started. It took 4 months for the service centre to replace it, only to be a different quality stainless, visibly darker shade/lower quality stainless (rough to the touch) than the original. Now I have a brand new kitchen with a horribly looking fridge. Almost a year later, I have to constantly follow up with FP customer service, who promised me a call back which never happens. This is how you ruin a perfectly great brand by horrible customer service.

Fisher Paykel Company Information