1.57/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

John Deere

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

576 John Deere Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Steven of Dunedin, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

What happened to integrity, honor and doing the right thing in business? Last week I ordered a John Deere riding mower and lawn sweeper to help get rid of the leaves and maintain my yard. It was to be delivered Monday! I waited all day, no call, no delivery. I went to Lowe’s to see what happened and found out they just missed it. A $3000.00 delivery of a riding lawnmower and leaf sweeper and they just missed it in mid December in TN!!! Really! How many do they sell and deliver in mid December in TN?

I asked where it was and was told out back. Having never owned a riding mower before I was excited and asked if I could see it. They took me behind the store to a fenced in area and there sat my mower, outside uncovered. It had rained and snowed since they put it out there last Thursday, 5 days ago, no tarp, no covering, just dirty, wet and left to the elements. $3000.00 and it’s outside… WOW! I was stunned.

They rescheduled delivery for Tuesday between 9:30-11:30, at 11:25 they showed up. The metal crate the mower was in was sitting on the 6x6 edge of the wooden crate. The leaf sweeper was in and was 6-8” crooked forcing the mower forward against the metal construct which damaged the hood, emblem and metal bumper. As he was taking it off the crate he pulled a sticker off the right from tire and it had 2 1.5” staples in the tire which began deflating and there was no rep from Lowe’s or John Deere to demonstrate how it worked as in all of the John Deere ads just a subcontractor that said it’s easy, turn the key and use the gas or brake.

I declined delivery and this is where it gets shaky. John Deere store, (Mead Tractors), nor John Deere Corp won’t do anything for my aggravation except to tell me I can get my money back. Of course I can, it was defective and I declined delivery, but if I buy from John Deere what will John Deere do for my aggravation, they reiterated John Deere will do nothing, zero! This local store has no manager, except for the parts person who manages himself, the service person who manages himself and the salesperson who manages himself. There is a regional manager somewhere, but none of them know how to reach him! Imagine, none of them know where or how to reach their regional manager, none! The last response is that John Deere will do nothing for aggravation and poor service and there is no training if not bought directly from John Deere! I would consider a company that stands behind their product before John Deere!

Chris of Basehor, KS Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We purchase a couple of different D series John Deere's and had to return them for either being not properly put together or not cutting properly. We settled on the D160 and it was adequate for about a year then it started to have steering issues (but the wheels were bent), a hard time starting sometimes, and it never seem to have any power to get up hills. After doing research I found that the D-series is have numerous issues along these lines and that John Deere themselves seem to have become a company of apathy and a lack of quality concern. Should have gone with a Sears Craftsman or a Cat.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
James of Centereach, NY Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Bought a JD 130 as my retirement gift back in April of 2017. First thing one of the bags had a rip in it so back to Lowe’s and they exchanged for a new one. Started tractor and started to hear a rattling so I looked under the hood to find out battery was not bolted. Went back to Lowe's and found out they only use a zip tie for the battery. How cheap can you get on a tractor that runs over two grand. Last month was using the JD 8-yard dump cart and found a huge break in it so I called John Deere and got the nastiest person who said deal with the local distributor.

So, I called my local dealer who asked me did I buy from them and I said no but JD customer service said to call you as you are the distributor, the guy said no deal with Lowe’s and hung up. I have made several calls back to John Deere customer service and was dealing with a supervisor named Hailey who also said she can’t me. My wife placed this garbage up for sale and we will never buy from this company again. They don’t care about anybody after the sale. Whoops also forgot the extra blades I had paid for were also missing when it got delivered, way to John Deere.

Jody of Mead, Nebraska Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We have 3 John Deere riding mowers, an early 1980 model, a mid 1980 model and a Zero Turn. They all work great. My favorite is the Zero Turn, tough, can mow heavy grass and weeds, cuts my mowing time in half and easy to get on and off!

Mary of Bryan, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My mother bought a John Deere 5045D Series Tractor new from Coufal Prater in March of 2009. It was purchased for her adult grandchildren to use on her farm. The machine has always been hard to start from the beginning. I had to replace the starter after about 2 years. The parts dept. of Coufal Prater said they had problems with those particular starters but did nothing about the cost of $500 to replace.

The tractor only has around 250 hours on the meter. It is only used for shredding a small acreage and to remove brush from time to time. On April 30, 2011 a repairman came to the farm to work on the tractor because it wouldn't start. Replaced connectors and terminals and tractor started but it took a while to start. It would turn over about 10 to 15 seconds then start just like it always did. The meter showed 141 hours at that point. The mechanic said the engine was blowing blue smoke which he said was from the fuel transfer pump going bad. He said it would cost about $1200 for the part but said to wait until it went out at that price.

My son had the pump rebuilt and put back on. The shop that rebuilt the pump said there was nothing wrong with the pump to begin with. The pump was put back on and the keyway accidentally slipped out into the oil pan and damaged the gears. That was a $10,000 fix which would have never happened if I hadn't listened to the John Deere Mechanic.

This being said I was told that they had to replace one of the injectors. The mechanic said that was why it was blowing blue smoke. The tractor was taken to the farm after the overhaul and used several times to shred the weeds then it failed again. This time it would not start. I called a Coufal-Prater mechanic out to look at it. He spent roughly 2 hours and couldn't get it started. My son hauled it into the shop and I was told it had a compression issue. They had to tear it down again and replace the rings, piston, liners, and rod bearings.

The cost this time was $4700. I have the old parts that came out of the tractor and they certainly don't look worn. The mechanic even said he really didn't know what had caused the compression problem. I wonder if I had let the tractor continue to blow blue smoke they would have figured out it was the injector or just replaced the injector pump so they could charge me more. I asked for some help in paying for the compression problem but they refused. At this point I have no faith in John Deere or Coufal-Prater. I feel like I was sold a lemon from the very beginning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Deere?

David of Orion, IL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I leased a brand new 7230r tractor. When I agreed to lease it the dealer said if I had any problems they would bring me a replacement machine within 24 hours. 2 weeks and 90 hours after receiving the machine brand new, the transmission went out. I called the dealer and they said it would be at least 4 days because all their loaner machines were already out on loan. Fast forward 2 years and the seal on the front axle failed. I called the dealer and they said it had went out of warranty 3 days before I called and there was nothing that could be done. I asked why it wasn't covered by the extended 3 year warranty and was told that all seals are considered "wear items" and therefore cannot be warrantied. I re-read my lease agreement and verified that I was not responsible for reasonable wear of the machine. I left the seal alone and returned it the following spring with the seal still leaking.

If they cannot cover the seal on the extended 3 year warranty due to the fact that it is a "wear item", then it must not be unreasonable for the "wear item" to have "worn out" by the time it is 3 years old. I didn't hear anything for several months and then received a 1400 dollar bill in the mail to fix the seal. After a lot of run around from several people as well as screaming, I finally got a hold of someone that told me "they word warranty contracts and lease contracts differently. Lease contracts are much more open ended." I told her John Deere has set precedent many times by forcing the customers to pay for wear items because they cannot be expected to last more than the initial two years. I absolutely refused to pay the bill and threatened to call my lawyer. All to no avail.

It was only after threatening to show videos (my neighbor is a hydraulic engineer at Deere) of John Deere Hydraulic cylinders being made on a bamboo table in a dirt floor grass hut in the Philippines that all of a sudden the bill could be forgiven!!! Image is everything for Deere, quality is not a thought. I had a Deere engineer tell me that Deere has traveled the world looking for the cheapest crap they can find to piece their equipment together. Moving forward, the new bosses are looking for not necessarily the cheapest but rather the CHINSIEST crap in the world. They look at it as an investment into the future. A little more expensive to build now, but a lot more parts to sell in the future. Nothing runs like a Deere thank God!

Tommy of Clinton, MD Verified Reviewer
Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have a four month old $2100 John Deere riding mower that will not stay cranked. I tried to take it back to Lowe's but I was outside of their 90 days return policy, so no help from Lowe's! Contacted John Deere, what a waste of time, extremely poor customer service even when you request to speak to a manager. Basically I was told that I will have to spend another $150-$200 to have my mower picked up and taken to a shop. This is unreal for such a new mower. John Deere is clearly overrated. They are not the John Deere from years gone by. Save your money and buy another brand! So disappointed!

Debra of Beverly Hills, Florida Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have owned it since 2014. It’s been great except I lost my husband, and one evening trying to get it into the garage after a college kid had cut my lawn, I was stumped. There is a little gold colored Allen type thing in the rear of the machine that moving it allowed me to get it into the garage. I think John Deere could do something better than that to move the tractor by pushing. I looked and I couldn't find anything on the machine to indicate its location or its purpose... (It was late and I was tired, but I couldn't find anything...)

Sandra of Oxford, AL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We have owned several John Deere riding lawn movers. They provide good service and cut the grass as we expected. We do find that the plastic seems to be lacking in durability. As for the price, they, like all the others, are overpriced. So what is a consumer to do, buy another one.

Rafael of Santa Rosa, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I have run an agriculture business ever since I was a teenage boy. When I began to buy my own tractors, I heard the John Deere had great equipment for work. Upon hearing that, I purchased my first sets of equipment that became the tools for me to succeed in growing my business. In 1978 I began to grow vegetables in 6 acres of land. By 1999 I had bought, in total, 6 John Deere tractors and we had grown to harvest 150 acres of vegetables. I felt very confident when I would buy equipment from John Deere. But unfortunately I was very disappointed when in 2013 I bought 2 new tractors which caused me issues that I would have never imagined.

The way that they had been designed made it extremely difficult to do the work that they were supposed to do, especially the three point system. But worst of all was the mechanical issues that were soon to become evident. As a result I began calling my local dealer (4101 S Moorland Ave Santa Rosa, CA 95407), and they told me that the tractors no longer had a guarantee since the guarantee was only valid for a year. I found this ridiculous considering I had paid more than $56,000 for each tractor. I began to spend thousands of dollars in trying to repair the tractors only to find no solution for the issues that they have brought me.

The dealership continues to tell me "Sorry the tractors do not have a guarantee." Because of this, I am very disappointed with the brand of John Deere, as I had been a loyal customer who trusted and believed in the brand. I would like a response for all of these issues. I am now considering buying new tractors from a different brand because the ones your company provide no longer do the work that is needed for my business.

Richard of Hayesville, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 28, 2017

Purchased a D170 spring of 2015. By the end of the second season the transmission was slipping though. I thought it was the belt. Replaced the belt spring of 2017 and found it was not the problem. Per local dealer, "this is a well known issue with D170 tractors". "The transmissions do not last and will not hold up when the unit is used on hilly ground. I wish we did not have to sell these." Now half through the third season and the unit is useless after 15 minutes of use. Dealer quoted $900 for the transmission plus labor putting the price around $1400. JD should not be selling this junk with known issues in the design. Now my only reasonable course of action is to replace the D170 with a quality lawn tractor, of another brand, when I should still have 5 or 10 years use left in the piece of John Deere "equipment" I presently own.

Dan of State College, PA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 17, 2017

I bought a John Deere D170 five years ago. The mower currently has 124 hours on it and I routinely take care of maintenance on the mower. Starting last year, 2016, I noticed a decrease in performance especially when going uphill. I have 2x acres I mow and 25% of my yard is at an incline but shouldn't be too steep for a riding mower or so I thought. This year, 2017, I can't even mow a section of my yard that's at an incline because the mower comes to a complete stop. The loss of power when going up even small inclines is very frustrating too. After doing research, I believe the cause of this issue is with the transaxle. The D170 has the K46 transaxle which is 27 lbs and has 131 ft/lbs of torque. From the research, this is far too small of a transmission for this mower and the K66 transaxle should have been used which is 51 lbs and provides 250 ft/lbs of torque.

I bought the D170 for $2,799 and I can now only use it on flat surfaces. The recommendation is to upgrade the transaxle to the K66 which I would have done but that costs roughly $1,600 - 1,800. Sorry, I'm going to buy a new mower at that price. Or I can get the K46 replaced for $700 - 800 dollars and get another 3-4 years before I have to replace it again. John Deere is a company that prides itself on its name and reliable equipment; however, they failed in this situation and lost a customer for life.

The K46 is too small for this mower, its life expectancy if you have hills or use the mower for other things than mowing is short, and you as the customer are now faced with costly repairs or forced to buy a new mower. The D170 and other models impacted by John Deere's decision to use the K46 transmission should be recalled; however, I doubt that's going to happen. If your yard is flat, the D170 is a great mower. Don't buy if you have hills and/or going to use the mower for other things than mowing.

Scott of Lancaster, PA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 7, 2017

First rider ever, Craftsman, lasted 15 years. 2nd was John Deere, lasted 8 years with the last 7 jumping it every time before use before the engine blew up. Apr 4, 2015, bought a 105 series despite all the rumors that JD mowers' quality has gone to cheap. Well, my 2 year old mower is in the shop with blown head gasket and dead battery. So sad for a once dynamic and American product. NEVER AGAIN! I now believe the rumors, cheapened junk! 2 freakin' years, I am sooo pissed!

Stanley of Tustin, MI
Original review: July 6, 2017

Bought a John Deere D-140 Series riding lawn mower on July 1st, 2014 from Home Depot. On June 5th, 2017 the trans-axle went bad. Naturally the 24 month warranty had expired and the John Deere Dealership wanted One thousand dollars to fix the defective transaxle. I was a little upset with what I thought was a quality John Deere Mower. I did some checking on the John Deere Riding Lawn Mowers only to find that the D-Series and L-Series are junk. The D-Series (Bad Transaxle), the L-Series (Bad Engine). The sad part is John Deere and the stores who sell them (Home Depot and Menards) know this. So much for honesty and selling a quality made American Product. SHAME ON YOU JOHN DEERE, HOME DEPOT AND MENARDS.

Kelly of Kaufman, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 3, 2017

I recently acquired a John Deere RX95 riding lawn mower. The mower itself is an older mower. I was mowing the other day and the belt broke. Since I did not purchase it new I did not get a service manual with the mower. I bought the belt and thought... no big deal, I'll get the diagram online. Could not find a diagram online. Mind you this is probably the cheapest mower they sell. They want $150 for a service manual! I couldn't believe it. No way I'm giving up $150 to put a belt on my lawn mower. My Harley manual didn't even cost that much. John Deere can place that manual up their **!

TERRY of Adamsville, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 3, 2017

We bought a John Deere from Home Depot May of 2016... it always had a little noise but ran fine. A month ago it made a clank noise. Immediately my husband shut it down and called John Deere. TriGreen picked it up. After a few weeks they determined that it was my husband’s fault and it would not be covered... let me ask you people why why why would he sabotage it with 2 years left to pay on it? So now we have a mower dead in the water. We have to pay 100.00 to pick it up? How dare you call yourselves a reputable company... believe I’ve posted to social media and will continue to do so. We want no one else to go thru this from your so called good company. We’ve since heard this is how John Deere gets out of fixing a mower. They blame the customer.

William of Texarkana, TX Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: June 29, 2017

I took my mower (John Deere Z255) into Zagg Power approximately 5/19/17 due to the engine lunging and trying to die. I picked up the mower on 6/19/17. They told me they put a pick-up unit back in the fuel tank and let it run until out of gas with no issues. The charge was $117.85. I brought the Mower home. My wife used it the next day. It ran fine until the fuel tank was approximately half empty then it began to lunge again. I called the field service writer on 6/20/17. She said to bring it back in. I took it back in on 6/21/17. She helped me unload the mower and told me she would set my mower up for top priority and put a different mechanic on it. I went out there on 6/26/17 to check the status and the service writer had failed to even log my mower in for service. She apologized and said she would get someone on it the next day.

So I go back on the 27th. She said they could find nothing wrong with the mower. She said she would go online to (De-Tac) to research for similar reported problems and to give her one more day. So I went back today and she wasn't there. There was a rep from the corporate office there and I told him the problem and asked for a refund since they could not and did not repair my mower. He refused to even discuss it.

james of La Vergne, TN Verified Buyer
Original review: June 17, 2017

With only 22 hrs. of service the tractor (D140) would only run with choke on. I have changed gas to 0 ethanol, added stabil, sea foam, carb. cleaner and it ran ok for a few minutes then would only run with choke on. My last John Deere. Bought it at Home Depot in Smyrna, Tn. in 2016.

chip of Deforest, WI Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 15, 2017

Nothing runs like a Deere till it breaks. Deere D105 riding mower. 68 hours on it. 5 years old, greased and maintained and now I lost the ability to drive it. Right pedal flopped to floor and moves no more. Going to cost me over 200.00 to fix this piece of crap plastic transmission!

Rick of Kiln, MS Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 10, 2017

LA 150 rusted top and bottom because John Deere did not prime the mower before painting it! This mower was garage kept and taken care of. I noticed the paint was lifting and found the whole mower was a rust bucket. I will never buy another John Deere! They probably saved $15.00.00 on primer! Junk!

Willy of Bessemer, AL
Original review: June 6, 2017

I recently purchased this John Deere D110 42 in. 19 HP riding lawn mower as a recommendation from a friend. The first couple months have been no problem at all, but now 5 months after the purchase, I am regretting my decision. It started out with the steering going slightly left (which was manageable to deal with) but now the mower randomly stops. I have almost fallen off because it has stopped at full speeds, on hills, etc. My yard is about 1.5 acres, and I cannot mow it completely without it stopping at least once. It is not only annoying, it is very time consuming because it takes about 5 minutes before I can start it again. This machine has caused me more stress rather than speeding up my mowing. I now prefer to mow with my 10 year old push mower, because it takes less time! Overall, I cannot recommend this product to anyone based on my personal experience with it the last 5 months.

david of Montgomery, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 5, 2017

After 20 yrs of mowing my yard bought a new John Deere. It seems they have built their decks out of a thin gauge material. If you strike anything at all it will bend your deck and you must take it in for calibration. Never bent a deck in 20 yrs, bent 2 this year in 3 mowings. It is ridiculous that they have built the deck with such thin gauge material.

duane of Texas City, Other Verified Buyer
Original review: May 31, 2017

I purchased a Zero Turn, 42", Z335. I had it 26 days and after using it and taking a break, I got back on and tried to start it, NO START! I called the place of purchase and talked to service department and was told they been having problems with the auto choke on these units and to let the unit cool. It started after cool. I was told if it started after it cool, to call them the next day and they would arrange pickup. So place of purchase came to pick it up, one day after they told me they would to fix the auto choke. At this time they have had it two weeks three days. The mower had 3 hours on it when they picked it up. I have no mower at all. I will never purchase John Deere again. NEVER. Poor quality. I got the mower back on May 30. Now it backfires when I start it and backfires when I turn it off. Won't ever know if the not starting when warm is fixed or not for sure.

William of Crown Point, IN Verified Buyer
Original review: May 24, 2017

I purchased the John Deere L-119 riding mower back in 2005. The tractor has performed well except for the steering linkage. There is two linkage arms one for each front wheel. The connection is a small ball joint with no grease fittings. I have replaced each one at least four times. The dealer and customer service has no answers why this keeps coming apart and the only repair is to replace it. It started out at $32 each, now it cost almost $40. It takes an hour to replace it each time. The problem is I never know when it will break. Can be mowing the grass and all of a sudden one of the wheels turns and the mower skids to a stop. This also could be bad as the sudden stop has almost thrown me or my wife off the mower. John Deere should design their steering as to not have this problem.

Jamie of Canton, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 19, 2017

Have John Deere 6420 tractor with 1200 hours. Radiator leaking. Took to be repaired. Cannot be repaired. Must buy new radiator on tractor with only 1200 hours. After calling John Deere to see about a price, because there was a problem with that type of radiator with other tractors, it has now been modified and you can not buy the same radiator. So in order to replace the radiator on this tractor I must change at all parts, hoses, clamps, thermostat in order to make the new radiator fit. Ridiculous! Radiator is 1100 dollars. John Deere is not quality!

charles of Milledgeville, GA Verified Buyer
Original review: May 19, 2017

I purchased from Lowe's a John Deere D105 riding lawn mower in 2014. I had a factory 2 year warranty and now the transmission has stop working. Is there a recall on these transmission because there is a problem with the design. It was difficult to get it into the proper gear when I purchased it and now the mower will not move. I was told that it is the transmission. 1gx.

Walter of Crete, IL
Original review: May 15, 2017

Bought Z910 transmission at above place. Went back to buy hydraulic fluid for Z910. I was sold low viscosity. Put it in and have been using mower. Noticed that oil was low. Owner's manual said that I should only use Hy-Gard. Have a severe leak now. I asked about getting it repaired. First question asked after explaining the problem was, "Is it under warranty?" When I said no, I was told it would be five weeks to wait. What kind of service for a John Deere business is this? I may as well buy a new Toro, or anything else that "does not run like a Deere."

Alan of Weatherford, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 28, 2017

I purchased a D105 John Deere lawnmower on September 13, 2016 at a Home Depot in Fort Worth Texas and was encouraged to do so for the two year warranty. This was the end of the mowing season and I didn't have any issues with this mower. On April 13, 2017 I was attempting to mow my yard, 1.61 acres, and the mower would start then continue to die when I tried to engage the blades. I called Home Depot and they referred me to the John Deere dealer, Ag-Power which told me it would take two weeks to come and get this mower.

I would have delivered it myself but recently had stomach surgery and was unable to do so. Today, April 28, 2017 a representative from Ag-Power, out of Rhome Texas arrived to "fix" my new mower with only 17 hours on it. The guy walked up to the mower, tried to turn the key on and said it probably needs the valves adjusted without any further attempt to fix it. The guy also said it would probably be about three (3) weeks to get my mower back, due to manpower shortage back at the shop.

Now I am recently out of surgery and having to push mow 1.61 acres for a minimum of 5 weeks with a new John Deere mower with only 17 hours on it sitting in the repair shop. I was told my only alternative was to pay to have it fixed elsewhere, but this would VOID this wonderful two year warranty. I called the John Deere Service and Support department which was no help. He said that he would "note" my complaint, which to me means they're finished with me. Beware of the wonderful TWO year warranty.

Rick of Greenwood, AR Verified Buyer
Original review: April 25, 2017

Just got my 6 yr. old X300 mower back from repairs (Spyder Webb Co. in Ft. Smith, AR). $640 for starter, belt, blades and "worn" pulleys. My Murray didn't cost that much new and it lasted 14 yrs. Deere are not as reliable as they claim. I won't buy another.

DON of New Franklin, OH Verified Buyer
Original review: March 30, 2017

I bought a John Deere X300 tractor over other makes for the reason every one said, JD was the best. I have owned it approximately 6 years. Over the first 100 hours I called to see if I should bring the tractor in to be checked out. The manager told me, "Anything wrong with it?" I said, "Nothing acting up," that I had changed the oil, new filter and greased it, etc.

He said "don't worry" then each time I would call at next 100 hours till it reached 440 hours had the same response each time I had complained of the cheap seat plastic cracking and tearing bad. After 5 years they gave me a new seat that I put on. Guess what. It cracked in about 3 month. This warranty was for 400 hours or 5 years, whatever came first.

Last year (summer time) we live in the North East Ohio and I bought it new at Moore Lawn and Mower, John Deere dealer, a small town dealer. Then it started not wanting to move. Right after getting worse I took it in. They had in the shop about 2 days fall now, said transmission had a small leak and it's not fixable, needed a new tranny at $800.00 for new one and $300.00 labor installing it.

I asked, "Is this normal problem?" They said no. Humm why me then. So I have a shot tractor now and they want 1/2 the cost of another new one to work mowing. But I don't trust John Deere now. If they would have said to bring it in as stated in handbook. Then this might have been fixable. By the way the factory has no way of adding oil once the seal leaks, hummm warning to buyer's of John Deere. Bought new 8/5/05 (fall), remember only used 447 hours, last used fall of 2016.

John Deere expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The John Deere Company is the oldest lawn care company with a 175-year history. This company's distinctive green and yellow riding mowers offer homeowners feature-rich options for their lawn care needs.

• Innovative designs: This company has pioneered many lawn equipment innovations.

• 5-acre mowing: Powerful, high-speed mowers are equipped to handle extensive lawns.

• 9 MPH speed: A fast mower cuts down on lawn maintenance time.

• Residential focus: This riding mower line focuses on consumer-grade needs.

• Implements: The attachments and implements expand the John Deere riding mowers' functionality, such as a tiller to prepare soil for planting and a box scraper for yard digging.

• Best for: Residential homeowners seeking a well-known brand with many product models.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.deere.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use