1.60/5
Based on 326 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

585 John Deere Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I bought a 2010 leftover brand new 225z zero turn mower in 2012 or 13. I was mowing yesterday when no symptoms whatsoever. The mower began to lose engine power and then died. Then I experienced that the engine locked up. The engine oil level was fine. What could have caused this.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I am experiencing something that I never had seen happen before in any of the mower we currently own, including our old John Deere tractor mower. The left side hanger that attaches the deck to the lowering handle broke clean, not only that, but also both hangers that hold the front of the transmissions to the frame, also snapped clean, at the same angular point. And incredibly, the large bracket that attaches the right side rear wheel to the frame (a U-shaped piece bolted at 4 points) also snapped clean at the narrower end. All these metal fatigue failures happening at the same moment.

This mower has less than 270 hours of light residential use, less than an acreage flat landscape. The mulching blades are changed every year. The mower deck also show incredibly sloppy welds that required additional reinforcement as the two small travel wheels fell off, cleanly separating at the welding point to the deck front surface. The shop that checked and did the work made mentioned of having seen many of these decks fail prematurely.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Quality built and very easy to get the extras you may want down the road. I have never had an issue with my John Deere and have been very proud to own it. It also pulls double duty as a snowblower all winter!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

In the summer of 2014, we purchased a compact utility tractor with 3 implements, which totaled $28,000 and change. We went with John Deere because of its name and according to advertising, the mower deck was easy to install. My husband is getting up in years and this feature was very important to us. Well, you don't drive up on the deck and click, click it's installed. You have to push, pull, pick up on this heavy deck, and hours later, it's installed. I know this for sure because we had the technician come out to the house a few weeks ago and he installed the deck, which took him about 20 minutes with a lot of pushing, pulling… This gentleman does this all the time and he had a difficult time. Fraud number 1. Fraud number 2... we found out this year because we needed a part for this tractor and found out John Deere doesn't make a part, you have to have it made. “Why,” we asked?

So, we researched further and kind of found out this is really not a John Deere make, but another company. A company overseas... maybe Myanmar. Apparently, this must be legal because the government would have ceased this immediately. So, we purchased what we thought was a John Deere and paid the hefty price, but it really isn't a John Deere. We were under the impression when we purchased this expensive item that it would hold its value. Not true... it will not hold its value. Fraud 3... the financial department. Other than poor customer service set aside, they are fraudulent in these current sweepstakes they are offering their customers. At the end of 2017, John Deere sent us a notice if we went paperless in 2018, they would submit our name every month we went paperless for a drawing to be held January 2019 for a Gator.

In January 2018, I contacted the financial department to find out how to do this. The lady went into our account and updated what needed to be done and we were all set and from that day forward, we were now paperless and our name would go into this drawing every month as long as we remained paperless. In February 2018, we still received our bill in the mail. I called, did this again and was assured we were all set. In March 2018, received our bill in the mail again. I called, did this again and was assured we were all set. In April 2018, received our bill in the mail again. I called and this time a gentleman said we could not set up paperless bills on the phone, but we had to go into our account online and do it that way. I did this, and in May 2018 received our bill in the mail.

Now, all these months, our name never got into the drawing. So, I gave up with these sweepstakes. John Deere is a deceptive company. When I called them last week to address these issues, the lady listened to me for a bit, then asked if I would mind holding, which I did for about 5 minutes, then the connection was disconnected... conveniently?! This is our American John Deere we're talking about... how disappointing! I do not recommend buying anything John Deere. It's expensive and you get no good customer service and possibly fraud. We deserve better than this!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I now officially hate my 10-year-old John Deere 2305 tractor, which is out of commission for one reason or another literally constantly. I maintain the tractor decently, if not perfectly, and it returns the favor by breaking down all the time. If it isn't the tractor, it's the John Deere/Frontier rotary cutter. I will never buy another John Deere as long as I live.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Deere?

Original review: May 13, 2018

They changed my trade price on the contract. I traded in a 595 for a new 1025R Midwest Machinery. We agreed verbally to 6500.0 trade in. When reviewed the contract Mike changed it to 5700. I complained and was basically to ** off.

Original review: April 29, 2018

2016 D170 54 in cut - So since I bought it new it's been in the shop almost as much as I used it. It spits and misses after getting warm. First Deere dealer where I bought it couldn't fix it. After a week of having it sent back, get it back, turn the deck on after a couple of laps, same thing so had it sent to second dealer. They cleaned out the tank lines and carb but it wasn't dirty so but it did run better for the entire yard. Wow. But same thing. Missing rough idle ect. Now in have 90 hours and no one can seem to fix this junk so it going back again for the fifth time. Guess spending 3000 on a lawn tractor wasn't enough. John Deere says I'm out of warranty even though it is the same problem since after the tenth hour. If I was you stay away from anything green and yellow.

Original review: March 5, 2018

My husband and I retired in 2013 and at that time we had a mower that we gave to our son-in-law. In Conway we went to Greenway to purchase a new mower (John Deere D140). We paid cash brought it home and that's when the problems began. Most of the time instead of starting, it just clicks. We had it looked at numerous times but it was never fixed. We have used it three summers and now the seal on the crankshaft is leaking. We were told it would cost $700 to fix it... My husband worked for John Deere in a farming community for forty eight years and always stood by what he sold. How has John Deere lowered themselves to this standard? We are on a fixed income and cannot afford the $700 and cannot afford to buy another mower. I am just sick!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I purchased a John Deere tractor, model D130 from A dealer named Finch in Calverton NY. Before purchasing the unit I told them I was going to use it for snow removal. The sales person in the office sold me on the D130 tractor and 44 inch snow blower attachment. I was given also chains, weights. I had them assemble it for me with the snow blower attached, because that is what my primary use was going to be for. I spent almost $5000.00 on this whole set up with delivery. The first time I went to use it, I was excited about having this beautiful machine to move snow with ease. Well much to my disappointment, It did not work at all. The tractor just kept getting stuck no matter what I tried. The dealer came and picked it up when I told them it didn’t work. They told me they found a damaged pulley. They brought it back. I tried it again and it did the same thing. The tractor just would not move. The rear left tire just kept spinning out.

I called again. They picked it up and told me now I needed more weights in the back. They sold me new weight, which I had to purchase. They brought it back again and I had the same exact problem. I called them again. They picked it up. They have it for weeks and told me there was nothing wrong with it. They used the excuse working as designed and told me I must have been doing something wrong. I told the dealer that I wanted to exchange the tractor for a more high powered tractor that would handle the snow blower. I was even willing to pay extra. The dealer's service manager Jerry, told me, “Too bad, we want nothing to do you or this tractor anymore. You bought it, you’re stuck with it.” That they want to drop it off and never hear from me again. Now mind you, I have a phone recorder and am recording all these conversations.

I have tried contacting John Deere direct. I have spoke to Marvin at their headquarters several times. I got nowhere with him either. THIS LAWN TRACTOR IS A USELESS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT. IT DOES NOT WORK WITH A SNOW BLOWER ATTACHMENT AT ALL. The snow blower is way too heavy for this style tractor. This is the biggest piece of crap I ever bought and I will spread the word never to buy anything from this Finch dealer in Calverton. They were rude and not willing to do anything to help me at all. I have no choice now but to go through the BBB and get a lawyer and try to fight this in small claims court. A complete waste of my time. Stay away from the John Deere 100 series tractor if you plan on moving snow. IT SUCKS!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

What happened to integrity, honor and doing the right thing in business? Last week I ordered a John Deere riding mower and lawn sweeper to help get rid of the leaves and maintain my yard. It was to be delivered Monday! I waited all day, no call, no delivery. I went to Lowe’s to see what happened and found out they just missed it. A $3000.00 delivery of a riding lawnmower and leaf sweeper and they just missed it in mid December in TN!!! Really! How many do they sell and deliver in mid December in TN?

I asked where it was and was told out back. Having never owned a riding mower before I was excited and asked if I could see it. They took me behind the store to a fenced in area and there sat my mower, outside uncovered. It had rained and snowed since they put it out there last Thursday, 5 days ago, no tarp, no covering, just dirty, wet and left to the elements. $3000.00 and it’s outside… WOW! I was stunned.

They rescheduled delivery for Tuesday between 9:30-11:30, at 11:25 they showed up. The metal crate the mower was in was sitting on the 6x6 edge of the wooden crate. The leaf sweeper was in and was 6-8” crooked forcing the mower forward against the metal construct which damaged the hood, emblem and metal bumper. As he was taking it off the crate he pulled a sticker off the right from tire and it had 2 1.5” staples in the tire which began deflating and there was no rep from Lowe’s or John Deere to demonstrate how it worked as in all of the John Deere ads just a subcontractor that said it’s easy, turn the key and use the gas or brake.

I declined delivery and this is where it gets shaky. John Deere store, (Mead Tractors), nor John Deere Corp won’t do anything for my aggravation except to tell me I can get my money back. Of course I can, it was defective and I declined delivery, but if I buy from John Deere what will John Deere do for my aggravation, they reiterated John Deere will do nothing, zero! This local store has no manager, except for the parts person who manages himself, the service person who manages himself and the salesperson who manages himself. There is a regional manager somewhere, but none of them know how to reach him! Imagine, none of them know where or how to reach their regional manager, none! The last response is that John Deere will do nothing for aggravation and poor service and there is no training if not bought directly from John Deere! I would consider a company that stands behind their product before John Deere!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We purchase a couple of different D series John Deere's and had to return them for either being not properly put together or not cutting properly. We settled on the D160 and it was adequate for about a year then it started to have steering issues (but the wheels were bent), a hard time starting sometimes, and it never seem to have any power to get up hills. After doing research I found that the D-series is have numerous issues along these lines and that John Deere themselves seem to have become a company of apathy and a lack of quality concern. Should have gone with a Sears Craftsman or a Cat.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Bought a JD 130 as my retirement gift back in April of 2017. First thing one of the bags had a rip in it so back to Lowe’s and they exchanged for a new one. Started tractor and started to hear a rattling so I looked under the hood to find out battery was not bolted. Went back to Lowe's and found out they only use a zip tie for the battery. How cheap can you get on a tractor that runs over two grand. Last month was using the JD 8-yard dump cart and found a huge break in it so I called John Deere and got the nastiest person who said deal with the local distributor.

So, I called my local dealer who asked me did I buy from them and I said no but JD customer service said to call you as you are the distributor, the guy said no deal with Lowe’s and hung up. I have made several calls back to John Deere customer service and was dealing with a supervisor named Hailey who also said she can’t me. My wife placed this garbage up for sale and we will never buy from this company again. They don’t care about anybody after the sale. Whoops also forgot the extra blades I had paid for were also missing when it got delivered, way to John Deere.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We have 3 John Deere riding mowers, an early 1980 model, a mid 1980 model and a Zero Turn. They all work great. My favorite is the Zero Turn, tough, can mow heavy grass and weeds, cuts my mowing time in half and easy to get on and off!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My mother bought a John Deere 5045D Series Tractor new from Coufal Prater in March of 2009. It was purchased for her adult grandchildren to use on her farm. The machine has always been hard to start from the beginning. I had to replace the starter after about 2 years. The parts dept. of Coufal Prater said they had problems with those particular starters but did nothing about the cost of $500 to replace.

The tractor only has around 250 hours on the meter. It is only used for shredding a small acreage and to remove brush from time to time. On April 30, 2011 a repairman came to the farm to work on the tractor because it wouldn't start. Replaced connectors and terminals and tractor started but it took a while to start. It would turn over about 10 to 15 seconds then start just like it always did. The meter showed 141 hours at that point. The mechanic said the engine was blowing blue smoke which he said was from the fuel transfer pump going bad. He said it would cost about $1200 for the part but said to wait until it went out at that price.

My son had the pump rebuilt and put back on. The shop that rebuilt the pump said there was nothing wrong with the pump to begin with. The pump was put back on and the keyway accidentally slipped out into the oil pan and damaged the gears. That was a $10,000 fix which would have never happened if I hadn't listened to the John Deere Mechanic.

This being said I was told that they had to replace one of the injectors. The mechanic said that was why it was blowing blue smoke. The tractor was taken to the farm after the overhaul and used several times to shred the weeds then it failed again. This time it would not start. I called a Coufal-Prater mechanic out to look at it. He spent roughly 2 hours and couldn't get it started. My son hauled it into the shop and I was told it had a compression issue. They had to tear it down again and replace the rings, piston, liners, and rod bearings.

The cost this time was $4700. I have the old parts that came out of the tractor and they certainly don't look worn. The mechanic even said he really didn't know what had caused the compression problem. I wonder if I had let the tractor continue to blow blue smoke they would have figured out it was the injector or just replaced the injector pump so they could charge me more. I asked for some help in paying for the compression problem but they refused. At this point I have no faith in John Deere or Coufal-Prater. I feel like I was sold a lemon from the very beginning.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I leased a brand new 7230r tractor. When I agreed to lease it the dealer said if I had any problems they would bring me a replacement machine within 24 hours. 2 weeks and 90 hours after receiving the machine brand new, the transmission went out. I called the dealer and they said it would be at least 4 days because all their loaner machines were already out on loan. Fast forward 2 years and the seal on the front axle failed. I called the dealer and they said it had went out of warranty 3 days before I called and there was nothing that could be done. I asked why it wasn't covered by the extended 3 year warranty and was told that all seals are considered "wear items" and therefore cannot be warrantied. I re-read my lease agreement and verified that I was not responsible for reasonable wear of the machine. I left the seal alone and returned it the following spring with the seal still leaking.

If they cannot cover the seal on the extended 3 year warranty due to the fact that it is a "wear item", then it must not be unreasonable for the "wear item" to have "worn out" by the time it is 3 years old. I didn't hear anything for several months and then received a 1400 dollar bill in the mail to fix the seal. After a lot of run around from several people as well as screaming, I finally got a hold of someone that told me "they word warranty contracts and lease contracts differently. Lease contracts are much more open ended." I told her John Deere has set precedent many times by forcing the customers to pay for wear items because they cannot be expected to last more than the initial two years. I absolutely refused to pay the bill and threatened to call my lawyer. All to no avail.

It was only after threatening to show videos (my neighbor is a hydraulic engineer at Deere) of John Deere Hydraulic cylinders being made on a bamboo table in a dirt floor grass hut in the Philippines that all of a sudden the bill could be forgiven!!! Image is everything for Deere, quality is not a thought. I had a Deere engineer tell me that Deere has traveled the world looking for the cheapest crap they can find to piece their equipment together. Moving forward, the new bosses are looking for not necessarily the cheapest but rather the CHINSIEST crap in the world. They look at it as an investment into the future. A little more expensive to build now, but a lot more parts to sell in the future. Nothing runs like a Deere thank God!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have a four month old $2100 John Deere riding mower that will not stay cranked. I tried to take it back to Lowe's but I was outside of their 90 days return policy, so no help from Lowe's! Contacted John Deere, what a waste of time, extremely poor customer service even when you request to speak to a manager. Basically I was told that I will have to spend another $150-$200 to have my mower picked up and taken to a shop. This is unreal for such a new mower. John Deere is clearly overrated. They are not the John Deere from years gone by. Save your money and buy another brand! So disappointed!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have owned it since 2014. It’s been great except I lost my husband, and one evening trying to get it into the garage after a college kid had cut my lawn, I was stumped. There is a little gold colored Allen type thing in the rear of the machine that moving it allowed me to get it into the garage. I think John Deere could do something better than that to move the tractor by pushing. I looked and I couldn't find anything on the machine to indicate its location or its purpose... (It was late and I was tired, but I couldn't find anything...)

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We have owned several John Deere riding lawn movers. They provide good service and cut the grass as we expected. We do find that the plastic seems to be lacking in durability. As for the price, they, like all the others, are overpriced. So what is a consumer to do, buy another one.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I have run an agriculture business ever since I was a teenage boy. When I began to buy my own tractors, I heard the John Deere had great equipment for work. Upon hearing that, I purchased my first sets of equipment that became the tools for me to succeed in growing my business. In 1978 I began to grow vegetables in 6 acres of land. By 1999 I had bought, in total, 6 John Deere tractors and we had grown to harvest 150 acres of vegetables. I felt very confident when I would buy equipment from John Deere. But unfortunately I was very disappointed when in 2013 I bought 2 new tractors which caused me issues that I would have never imagined.

The way that they had been designed made it extremely difficult to do the work that they were supposed to do, especially the three point system. But worst of all was the mechanical issues that were soon to become evident. As a result I began calling my local dealer (4101 S Moorland Ave Santa Rosa, CA 95407), and they told me that the tractors no longer had a guarantee since the guarantee was only valid for a year. I found this ridiculous considering I had paid more than $56,000 for each tractor. I began to spend thousands of dollars in trying to repair the tractors only to find no solution for the issues that they have brought me.

The dealership continues to tell me "Sorry the tractors do not have a guarantee." Because of this, I am very disappointed with the brand of John Deere, as I had been a loyal customer who trusted and believed in the brand. I would like a response for all of these issues. I am now considering buying new tractors from a different brand because the ones your company provide no longer do the work that is needed for my business.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Purchased a D170 spring of 2015. By the end of the second season the transmission was slipping though. I thought it was the belt. Replaced the belt spring of 2017 and found it was not the problem. Per local dealer, "this is a well known issue with D170 tractors". "The transmissions do not last and will not hold up when the unit is used on hilly ground. I wish we did not have to sell these." Now half through the third season and the unit is useless after 15 minutes of use. Dealer quoted $900 for the transmission plus labor putting the price around $1400. JD should not be selling this junk with known issues in the design. Now my only reasonable course of action is to replace the D170 with a quality lawn tractor, of another brand, when I should still have 5 or 10 years use left in the piece of John Deere "equipment" I presently own.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I bought a John Deere D170 five years ago. The mower currently has 124 hours on it and I routinely take care of maintenance on the mower. Starting last year, 2016, I noticed a decrease in performance especially when going uphill. I have 2x acres I mow and 25% of my yard is at an incline but shouldn't be too steep for a riding mower or so I thought. This year, 2017, I can't even mow a section of my yard that's at an incline because the mower comes to a complete stop. The loss of power when going up even small inclines is very frustrating too. After doing research, I believe the cause of this issue is with the transaxle. The D170 has the K46 transaxle which is 27 lbs and has 131 ft/lbs of torque. From the research, this is far too small of a transmission for this mower and the K66 transaxle should have been used which is 51 lbs and provides 250 ft/lbs of torque.

I bought the D170 for $2,799 and I can now only use it on flat surfaces. The recommendation is to upgrade the transaxle to the K66 which I would have done but that costs roughly $1,600 - 1,800. Sorry, I'm going to buy a new mower at that price. Or I can get the K46 replaced for $700 - 800 dollars and get another 3-4 years before I have to replace it again. John Deere is a company that prides itself on its name and reliable equipment; however, they failed in this situation and lost a customer for life.

The K46 is too small for this mower, its life expectancy if you have hills or use the mower for other things than mowing is short, and you as the customer are now faced with costly repairs or forced to buy a new mower. The D170 and other models impacted by John Deere's decision to use the K46 transmission should be recalled; however, I doubt that's going to happen. If your yard is flat, the D170 is a great mower. Don't buy if you have hills and/or going to use the mower for other things than mowing.

Original review: July 7, 2017

First rider ever, Craftsman, lasted 15 years. 2nd was John Deere, lasted 8 years with the last 7 jumping it every time before use before the engine blew up. Apr 4, 2015, bought a 105 series despite all the rumors that JD mowers' quality has gone to cheap. Well, my 2 year old mower is in the shop with blown head gasket and dead battery. So sad for a once dynamic and American product. NEVER AGAIN! I now believe the rumors, cheapened junk! 2 freakin' years, I am sooo pissed!

Original review: July 6, 2017

Bought a John Deere D-140 Series riding lawn mower on July 1st, 2014 from Home Depot. On June 5th, 2017 the trans-axle went bad. Naturally the 24 month warranty had expired and the John Deere Dealership wanted One thousand dollars to fix the defective transaxle. I was a little upset with what I thought was a quality John Deere Mower. I did some checking on the John Deere Riding Lawn Mowers only to find that the D-Series and L-Series are junk. The D-Series (Bad Transaxle), the L-Series (Bad Engine). The sad part is John Deere and the stores who sell them (Home Depot and Menards) know this. So much for honesty and selling a quality made American Product. SHAME ON YOU JOHN DEERE, HOME DEPOT AND MENARDS.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I recently acquired a John Deere RX95 riding lawn mower. The mower itself is an older mower. I was mowing the other day and the belt broke. Since I did not purchase it new I did not get a service manual with the mower. I bought the belt and thought... no big deal, I'll get the diagram online. Could not find a diagram online. Mind you this is probably the cheapest mower they sell. They want $150 for a service manual! I couldn't believe it. No way I'm giving up $150 to put a belt on my lawn mower. My Harley manual didn't even cost that much. John Deere can place that manual up their **!

Original review: July 3, 2017

We bought a John Deere from Home Depot May of 2016... it always had a little noise but ran fine. A month ago it made a clank noise. Immediately my husband shut it down and called John Deere. TriGreen picked it up. After a few weeks they determined that it was my husband’s fault and it would not be covered... let me ask you people why why why would he sabotage it with 2 years left to pay on it? So now we have a mower dead in the water. We have to pay 100.00 to pick it up? How dare you call yourselves a reputable company... believe I’ve posted to social media and will continue to do so. We want no one else to go thru this from your so called good company. We’ve since heard this is how John Deere gets out of fixing a mower. They blame the customer.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I took my mower (John Deere Z255) into Zagg Power approximately 5/19/17 due to the engine lunging and trying to die. I picked up the mower on 6/19/17. They told me they put a pick-up unit back in the fuel tank and let it run until out of gas with no issues. The charge was $117.85. I brought the Mower home. My wife used it the next day. It ran fine until the fuel tank was approximately half empty then it began to lunge again. I called the field service writer on 6/20/17. She said to bring it back in. I took it back in on 6/21/17. She helped me unload the mower and told me she would set my mower up for top priority and put a different mechanic on it. I went out there on 6/26/17 to check the status and the service writer had failed to even log my mower in for service. She apologized and said she would get someone on it the next day.

So I go back on the 27th. She said they could find nothing wrong with the mower. She said she would go online to (De-Tac) to research for similar reported problems and to give her one more day. So I went back today and she wasn't there. There was a rep from the corporate office there and I told him the problem and asked for a refund since they could not and did not repair my mower. He refused to even discuss it.

Original review: June 17, 2017

With only 22 hrs. of service the tractor (D140) would only run with choke on. I have changed gas to 0 ethanol, added stabil, sea foam, carb. cleaner and it ran ok for a few minutes then would only run with choke on. My last John Deere. Bought it at Home Depot in Smyrna, Tn. in 2016.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Nothing runs like a Deere till it breaks. Deere D105 riding mower. 68 hours on it. 5 years old, greased and maintained and now I lost the ability to drive it. Right pedal flopped to floor and moves no more. Going to cost me over 200.00 to fix this piece of crap plastic transmission!

Original review: June 10, 2017

LA 150 rusted top and bottom because John Deere did not prime the mower before painting it! This mower was garage kept and taken care of. I noticed the paint was lifting and found the whole mower was a rust bucket. I will never buy another John Deere! They probably saved $15.00.00 on primer! Junk!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I recently purchased this John Deere D110 42 in. 19 HP riding lawn mower as a recommendation from a friend. The first couple months have been no problem at all, but now 5 months after the purchase, I am regretting my decision. It started out with the steering going slightly left (which was manageable to deal with) but now the mower randomly stops. I have almost fallen off because it has stopped at full speeds, on hills, etc. My yard is about 1.5 acres, and I cannot mow it completely without it stopping at least once. It is not only annoying, it is very time consuming because it takes about 5 minutes before I can start it again. This machine has caused me more stress rather than speeding up my mowing. I now prefer to mow with my 10 year old push mower, because it takes less time! Overall, I cannot recommend this product to anyone based on my personal experience with it the last 5 months.

John Deere expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The John Deere Company is the oldest lawn care company with a 175-year history. This company's distinctive green and yellow riding mowers offer homeowners feature-rich options for their lawn care needs.

• Innovative designs: This company has pioneered many lawn equipment innovations.

• 5-acre mowing: Powerful, high-speed mowers are equipped to handle extensive lawns.

• 9 MPH speed: A fast mower cuts down on lawn maintenance time.

• Residential focus: This riding mower line focuses on consumer-grade needs.

• Implements: The attachments and implements expand the John Deere riding mowers' functionality, such as a tiller to prepare soil for planting and a box scraper for yard digging.

• Best for: Residential homeowners seeking a well-known brand with many product models.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs