2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

4.0/5 (645 ratings)

About John Deere

John Deere Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Deere?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Deere?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I bought my John Deere last fall with a snow blower attachment and cab cover. That all worked pretty good for the winter weather. I got stuck a few times because of the deep snow and tight turning radius. But cutting the lawn this summer is wonderful. It has put my previous Craftsman rider to shame. Turns tight, it doesn't scalp, and is solid. It cost more but worth every penny!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

It's a great tractor for a small farm or large yard (1+ acres). It has a 60 inch mowing deck and bucket loader. We purchased a dozer/snow blade and a spreader. We will be adding a tiller and backhoe to the equipment list also. I mow 1.69 acres in 2 hours 24 minutes. It's my zen time. I put in my earbuds, tune up a playlist, and enjoy the mow! Equipment is hydraulically powered and easy to hook up and remove. Safety equipment includes a rollbar and seatbelt, headlights, red and yellow rear lights and a large triangle reflector.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Well engineered with thought process being focused on safety and function. Controls are easy to learn for well controlled operation, and have built in safety features. Engine is a real work horse providing plenty of power for some of the tallest grass and small seedlings. Changing blades is easy and they have several different styles for type of area to be mowed. Fuel economy is good, able to mow for several hours on the 2 gal tank. Most changeable items are easy to access, fuel/oil filters, oil drain access. I have owned several and will probably buy one again.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Purchased this John Deere 100 Series, LA135. riding mower over 12 years ago. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I actually enjoy getting out on this mower and mowing. It's very simple to operate and extremely dependable. In 12 years I've only had to replace the battery once! I keep 1/2 acre of lawn plus another 1/2 acre of tall weeds mowed throughout the year. Other than general upkeep (oil changes, blade sharpening, air filter changes, lubrication) I've had virtually NO problems with this mower. Wish other mechanical products were made so well.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I bought a John Deere 1025R utility tractor with a mower and a loader attachment six years ago. I have read a few negative reviews and I want to set things straight. This machine is incredible! They told me in the beginning that the tractor holds its value and they weren't lying. I have been the only operator for 948 hours and I love this machine. I had owned two John Deere garden tractors prior so I knew I wouldn't be let down. If you do the yearly service maintenance you just can't go wrong. I mow in the spring, summer and fall and remove snow in the winter. I have completed so many projects and it just keeps on making me a happy owner. Six years and I only had to purchase 1 battery.

I actually cut down a 18"pine tree two years back and didn't plan well where it was going to fall. I had my bucket bracing the direction off the fall. The tree landed square on the tractor. Once it was cut off the machine there was not even 1 scratch. The seat leather is so tuff that it looks brand new after all this time. I polish it and it looks like a showroom display. I work it hard and it has never let me down. For those who purchase strictly by price, you may pay a little more for a J.D. but you will never regret it!

Lee

Montpelier, VT

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Large deck gets the job done. Mulching large field to lawn, John Deere riding lawnmowers are strong, durable and efficient. Never used the cup holders, but really appreciated adjusting the deck height for different lawn to field work. The headlights were always appreciated as late evening mowing happened a lot in the summer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Love my 42 inch mower. Runs like a deere! I am arthritic and it takes me about three hours to cut my grass. I am a bit stiff when I get off the mower but no pain. It is easy to adjust height of the blade to go over tree roots etc. Can easily get close to fence and walk to minimize trimming.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Mower works well in most situations. It is a bit difficult for an old man like (84) to remove the blades in order to sharpen them. Otherwise it is a well engineered and constructed machine. I would buy another one if this one wears out or breaks beyond repair.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

It does the grass and snow removal. Ease of use from grass to snow. X300 with a 42' deck and 44" snow blower. Also, it starts in all weather. Hot or cold.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

John Deere cannot be beaten for reliability, craftsmanship, design, and quality. In 50 years I've never found a better machine for mowing my 4.5 acres. These machines are more easily maintained and repaired (should that need to happen) than Husquvarna. A Deere holds up longer than so many other brands on the market. I've owned other lawn machines, but I always come back to a Deere.

John Deere author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The John Deere Company is the oldest lawn care company with a 175-year history. This company's distinctive green and yellow riding mowers offer homeowners feature-rich options for their lawn care needs.

• Innovative designs: This company has pioneered many lawn equipment innovations.

• 5-acre mowing: Powerful, high-speed mowers are equipped to handle extensive lawns.

• 9 MPH speed: A fast mower cuts down on lawn maintenance time.

• Residential focus: This riding mower line focuses on consumer-grade needs.

• Implements: The attachments and implements expand the John Deere riding mowers' functionality, such as a tiller to prepare soil for planting and a box scraper for yard digging.

John Deere Company Information