1.86/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

141 Kubota Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2019

This tractor has done very well up until almost 2 years ago when the left wheel broke off while I was mowing the grass. Now, I have also lost the other wheel. It was the right side this time and it has broken off as well. This has costed me way over $800 to buy the parts to fix it.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I purchased a brand new M5-091 heavy duty tractor for farming back in Nov of 2016. I bought it new so I did not have to worry about repairs for years of service with the warranty I had with the tractor. My purchase seems to be problem after problem. First problem I had was the hydraulic fluid leaking out of the fittings that were loose on the front end loader minutes after I used it for the first time. Second major problem was the 3rd function connector in the valve assembly under the tractor kept blowing out losing gallons of hydraulic fluid again. The valve assembly was missing a seal which caused the oil to create pressure in the connector housing blowing out the connector. I had bought the air ride seat however when the seat was fully raised it stretched the power cable going to the valve causing it to break the power wire so the valve would not work anymore I redressed the cable and put new connectors where the break was.

The biggest and most disappointing issue is the clutch pack went out after only 370 hours of use. This is a hydraulic shuttle tractor so you rarely need to use the clutch it has a hand lever you slide in the direction you want to go. Kubota's warranty would not cover the repair said it was operator error, I should have checked the clutch after 50 hours of use. Apparently the round bales of hay I used it on are to much for this tractor handle. The dealer did replace the hydraulic oil lost on the loose fittings an gave me a free seal for the valve assembly. Also helped out a little bit on the clutch repair along with Kubota- out of the $5700 bill they covered $1,700.00 the rest I am responsible for.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Vibrates & wears out idler pulley & belt prematurely. I took my mower in for service and the dealership serviced my mower and then fixed several things that were on the recall list, safety switch on deck, safety switch on seat and a few other things. They also told me there was a recall on the idler pulley and belt because it was wearing out too soon. They said they would order the parts and call me when they came in. I gave them my info but no one called me back. I checked back with them several times within a year and was told the same thing over and over...parts are on backorder.

I went in to the dealership last week and asked about the the replacement parts for the recall but was told there was no active campaigns or history of a campaign on the idler pulley and belt for my mower now. I’ve never heard of a recall expiring. I am very dissatisfied with the service department and their lack of customer service.

Original review: July 9, 2019

A year and a half ago I bought a Kabota B2650 with Bh77 backhoe and front end loader. So far I have fixed loader linkage (defective part). Hours to take apart and fix. A pin fell out of the backhoe, replaced plate that fits over controls on Bh77 as dealer said that was why dipstick moved so slow (still moves slow). There were leaks in hydraulic lines within first 10 hours of use. All aluminum parts are corroding and I keep it inside and only left property once on a trailer for service in the summer! Try finding a good parts diagram!!! I spend more time looking for parts than fixing.

Today when I went to use after not being able to use much this year due to rain, a poorly put together hydraulic line gets pinched and a pinhole on one of the hardest ones to replace starts leaking!!! It only has 107 hours and I have spent that much time researching to buy, looking for parts diagram to buy parts, buying parts and fixing than time using! RENT BUT DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE LEMONS!!! IT WILL BE CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN!!!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I purchased my zg227 from the prior owner of our property. First let me say I love the mower, or should I say until this spring I loved my mower. Unlike last year, as I mow, grass, dirt, etc. rolls over the front of the carriage and through the brake pedal hole. When I finish mowing, my clothes and I are coated in a thick layer of whatever was on the ground. As I said, this did not happen last year. The only change I have made to the mower is replacing the front tires with same size as was originally on the mower. Any thoughts, ideas, or recommendations as to how to correct this situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: July 4, 2019

Updated on 7/5/2019: This is a follow-up to my post of July 4 concerning coolant overheating on my Kubota ZD1211 mower. Surfing the internet I found a comment from somebody about blowing the radiator off with compressed air. Realizing the mower was 3 years old it sounded like a good idea. Before I started mowing this morning I use compressed air to blow the dust off the radiator coils and fins. Mowed as long as I did yesterday in the same composition of grass. The mower stayed as cool as a cucumber the entire time. Looking back it now seems like an elementary and simple solution, but at the time it was not obvious. Once again I have proven you don't know everything and you are never too old to learn.

Original Review: I currently mow 8-10 acres with my Kubota ZD1211 (approx 170 hrs on the meter) at a mower height of 5". Grass was moderately high (approx 8-10"). After 3 1/2 hrs (and maybe 3-4 acres) today the high temp alarm sounded. I immediately disconnected the cutter and reduced motor speed to a fast idle. I drove to the barn (approx 400 ft away) and shut the engine down. The coolant level and radiator screens were ok during pre-start maintaining checks. Before the next mow I will sharpen the blades and air pressure clean the radiator. Any comments on my actions after the alarm sounded?? Also any suggestions on how to prevent overheating? Other than this instance, I have been totally pleased with my ZD1211. It is a grass cutting monster that has served me well.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've owned my Kubota Z121S for 2 years now, my mowing season is 4-5. This mower has been in the shop for 4 out of the 7 months I've owned it for various reasons. 2 days ago I shut the mower off while mowing my yard because my kids ran up to me and now this won't turn back on. It is now a lawn ordainment in the middle of my yard and Kubota wants to let it sit there and send a tech in 8 days just to diagnose the issue, he will then have to order parts as they don't stock any. With past issues i've driven it to the repair shop and dropped it off only to wait over a month to get my mower back from service with nothing found wrong???? I can't get rid of this mower fast enough at this point. BUYER stay away!

Kubota response

Hello Gavin, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought BX2380 in late 2018. At 180 hours the PTO stopped working. After over a month in the shop the dealer said they finally got it working again. I picked up the tractor and returned it the next day due to lack of speed in the transmission and slop in the forward/ reverse pedal. The tractor also jumps forward now when started up without touching anything. The dealer said they want Kubota to authorize a replacement transmission but they are dragging their feet on the repair. I have made 2 payments and countless lost revenue in almost the 2 months that they have had my tractor in for repairs. I would not recommend buying a new Kubota. It took me over a month just to buy it. I almost had to beg them to sell me a tractor. I should have seen the red flag right there!

Kubota response

Hello Kevin, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I purchase my Kubota BX23s on February 18, 2019 and it was delivered on February 21,2019. By March 22,2019 the PTO failed due to a severe hydraulic system leak, the machine was at this time inoperable. The Tractor remained in dealers possession from March 26, 2019 to April 25, 2019. On the same day of delivery, the 3rd valve function was not operating. On Monday April 29 a technician repaired tractor on site. On May 8, 2019 it began leaking hydraulic fluid from front end loader making it inoperable yet again. A technician attempted to repair the leak on site on May 15, 2019, but unfortunately couldn’t until parts were ordered leaving the tractor inoperable. May 24, 2019 the technician returned with parts and repaired it on site. On May 25, 2019 after only minutes of use the hydraulic system failed yet again leaving it inoperable.

The tractor was picked up by the dealer on May 28, 2019 and returned June 21, 2019. On the date of return the tractor drove approximately under 50 feet before a gear fell from the under carriage leaving it inoperable. The tractor since delivery on February 21, 2019 has been either out of service or in the dealership’s possession for the majority of the time. At this point I have attempted to contact the dealers service department manager, via phone and email since noon today and have been ignored. I did however speak to the salesman whom I purchased the tractor from and he advised me that I should contact Kubota Corporate for answers. I recently contacted Kubota corporate and they advised me to go through the dealer. Point Blank KUBOTA does not stand by their products and service.

Kubota response

Hello Luis, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Poor Radiator design lead to engine rebuild in under 100 hours. I own a Kubota BX2350 with an under deck mower. The radiator is located between the engine and drive and is very inadequate for cooling the engine. It clogs after every use and requires the use of compressed air to clean the coils. You also have to refill the coolant reservoir after each use. Eventually the engine overheated enough to warp the heads and I had to pay $4K to rebuild the engine at the Kubota dealership. These issues with overheating began the very first day that I purchased the tractor.

Kubota response

Hello Timothy, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Kubota expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kubota brought its products to the United States in 1969 and provides a wide range of lawn and construction equipment.

• Residential and commercial: Kubota creates residential and commercial riding mower models designed for each market's unique needs.

• Financing: The company has its own financing options to help improve affordability of its riding mowers.

• Diesel engine options: These environmentally-friendly diesel engines offer significant power.

• Up to 72-cutting deck: A massive cutting deck addresses any size yard.

• Oversize fuel tanks: 16-gallon fuel tanks keep the riding mower going until the yard is completed.

• Best for: Residential homeowners and commercial businesses buy these riding mowers to handle massive lots.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs