3.1/5 (405 ratings)

About Kubota

Kubota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Kubota dealer took my RTV for maintenance in August 2022. They said it needed a new oil gasket, charged me $1785.23 which I paid. They returned it to me shaking so violently when it was started that it can't be used. I took it to another dealer who couldn't figure out what is wrong with it and needed the factory representative to help. December 30, 2022 they "think" it's the pump because the first dealer didn't bleed it correctly. It could "possibly" be repaired in a couple more weeks. I have a 35 year old John Deere that is still running and now a 6 year old RTV that doesn't and no dealership seems to be able to fix it. If I could give a negative 10 review, I would. End result, if I get this thing back it's going directly to a John Deere dealership for a trade in. No more Kubota for me!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

In March of 2020 I bought a B2601 Tractor and ordered the backhoe attachment. It is Now Dec 2022 still no backhoe attachment and Kubota says they don't know when I will get it and cannot offer any updates. If Kubota would have told me this when I purchased, I wouldn't have spent 18k on equipment I cannot use for my intentions. Kubota had no problem at all taking my money for something I cannot use the way I want. Problem is I called a dealer in California who had 10 of them in stock, yet I can't get one in Michigan. Kubota CS and Dealer is useless and could care less about my needs as a customer. My recommendation would be don't buy Kubota.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Bought a new Kubota Landpride RFC2072 rotary cutter from a Kubota dealership in Adams Run, South Carolina, “Steen Enterprises”, which equipment was delivered assembled by Steen on 09/02, and in setting it up for first use on 09/05, I found a zerk fitting within the yoke at the clutch assembly end of the driveline that was not greased when the machine was assembled by Steen. The machine looks well built other than this one thing. The fitting at issue presents as bare metal with some rust on it. I tried to grease it with my grease gun, but it does not accept the grease.

I called Steen and was surprised to be told matter-of-factly that this is not unusual, that these machines are shipped a long way (ignoring the fact that Steen assembles the driveline and in this case failed to inspect and grease all the driveline fittings during assembly), and that I need to remove the driveline assembly, myself, and bring it to them for them to look at, or as an alternative solution to burdening me with the labor and delivery to correct their mistake on a new machine, that I can wait “some number of weeks” for a driver to come to my area and take the drive shaft off, drive back to Steen with it, “photograph it” for their Kubota warranty process, and then, some unspecified time later, deliver a new drive shaft (no promise that they would reinstall it).

I thought I could swap out the zerk fitting myself, but access is tight, and am not able to do it with the tools I have. I suggested that the driver just bring a new zerk fitting or, barring that, a new drive shaft and swap them out on a single trip, and was then told about the inflexibility of their photographing-for-warranty procedure for Kubota— the implicit message being that they don’t trust a customer’s report about the zerk fitting not having been checked during assembly (all the other fittings were greased). I offered to text a photograph which they declined to receive. This does not augur well for Kubota’s quality control over its dealerships.

Has anyone else had a problem with a Kubota dealership’s new machine assembly and/or follow up? I’ll post updates and change my rating based on how this turns out. My conclusion so far is that in geographic areas with the only marginal dealerships, Kubota would be better served making online, direct sales available so that Kubota’s reputation is not hog-tied to the reputation of a marginal dealer (and customers would be empowered to give good service-department business to good firms).

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Purchased a BX1870 Compact Tractor from Dan's Tractor in 2017. Nearly immediately noticed condensation in the instrument panel. I reported to Dan's, including photos. Dan said they'd report to Kubota. Never heard back. Surprise, Surprise, here we are today, and the instrument panel has completely failed. Tractor garaged when not is use. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Purchased a brand new Kubota l3901 from Champlain Valley Equipment and it was delivered to my door broken.. Kubota or the dealer refused to stand behind this brand new tractor and charged me to fix a tractor I never got to use!! Buyer beware. Kubota does not care about their customers!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Buyer beware. My family purchased a brand new Kubota sidekick last fall for farm use. It had a grand total of 513 miles (109 hours) on it averaging about 5mph. It needed an entire engine replacement already due to “water in engine.” I assure you, this machine was never abused. $8000.00 to fix, $0 covered under warranty. Think carefully before going with this brand.

Original review: April 14, 2022

We financed with Kubota. Just missed two payments. We were in North Carolina helping my daughter move. They are in the military. Came home, went to work, they repossessed our lawnmower no warning ahead of time. Made us wait for a letter, we got it, paid in full what we owe at Walmart. Moneygram apologized for the whole mess but they still treated us like criminals and now they aren’t giving us back the mower, still saying it could be 10 weeks. It’s around the corner from us storing at the dealer. This is a horrible company like very sketch to me looks like they are trying to sell it, make more money. Never deal with this company or finance through them. I may need to get a lawyer over $190. bucks and we paid the full $2400.00 in cash and paid for the fines.. Stay away from kubota. Wish us luck

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Bought a 2015 Kubota k008-3 from a power equipment dealer with 800 hours on it and the crap kubota diesel engine threw a glow plug through the piston. I used the machine for 4 hours total. Haven't even made the first payment yet. No help from Kubota corporate. Dealer says I need a new engine $7000.00. Can't get one for 6 months. I will never buy a kubota machine again. Nor can I afford to buy another machine. Thanks Kubota for such a crap design, and not caring about your customers.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2021

I’m happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Took my M7060 to the shop due to loss of power, showing 80 hours had a year. Kubota said they think the injectors are bad since purchase & it will be a few months before in stock. Sorry for your bad luck.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Purchased 2019 L2501 with attachments. When unit was delivered, as soon as I moved unit, linkage rod fell off and I noticed fuel gauge appeared to not work. I went to dealer next day and they were very uninterested. Said probably just needed to have rod re-installed with new pin and fuel guage would probably be ok after using it a while and they were not going to do anything. The dealer has been nothing but useless and lied about costs, etc. I have also had very poor service from factory customer service on every call.

The website is very confusing and their automated phone service hangs up constantly on almost every call. It takes at least 10 calls and hang-ups before getting connected to someone. I was charged $2000 for insurance at purchase which was never mentioned by dealer. When I tried to payoff loan I talked to insurance people and they said amount paid on insurance would be adjusted at payoff and I was told to talk to loan dept to get amount of adjustment. Customer service claims there is no adjustment given even though I would be paying off loan 50% early.

Kubota author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kubota brought its products to the United States in 1969 and provides a wide range of lawn and construction equipment.

• Residential and commercial: Kubota creates residential and commercial riding mower models designed for each market's unique needs.

• Financing: The company has its own financing options to help improve affordability of its riding mowers.

• Diesel engine options: These environmentally-friendly diesel engines offer significant power.

• Up to 72-cutting deck: A massive cutting deck addresses any size yard.

• Oversize fuel tanks: 16-gallon fuel tanks keep the riding mower going until the yard is completed.

Kubota Company Information