3.7/5 (139 ratings)

About Kubota

Kubota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: May 2, 2022

Purchased a brand new Kubota l3901 from Champlain Valley Equipment and it was delivered to my door broken.. Kubota or the dealer refused to stand behind this brand new tractor and charged me to fix a tractor I never got to use!! Buyer beware. Kubota does not care about their customers!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Buyer beware. My family purchased a brand new Kubota sidekick last fall for farm use. It had a grand total of 513 miles (109 hours) on it averaging about 5mph. It needed an entire engine replacement already due to “water in engine.” I assure you, this machine was never abused. $8000.00 to fix, $0 covered under warranty. Think carefully before going with this brand.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

We financed with Kubota. Just missed two payments. We were in North Carolina helping my daughter move. They are in the military. Came home, went to work, they repossessed our lawnmower no warning ahead of time. Made us wait for a letter, we got it, paid in full what we owe at Walmart. Moneygram apologized for the whole mess but they still treated us like criminals and now they aren’t giving us back the mower, still saying it could be 10 weeks. It’s around the corner from us storing at the dealer. This is a horrible company like very sketch to me looks like they are trying to sell it, make more money. Never deal with this company or finance through them. I may need to get a lawyer over $190. bucks and we paid the full $2400.00 in cash and paid for the fines.. Stay away from kubota. Wish us luck

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Bought a 2015 Kubota k008-3 from a power equipment dealer with 800 hours on it and the crap kubota diesel engine threw a glow plug through the piston. I used the machine for 4 hours total. Haven't even made the first payment yet. No help from Kubota corporate. Dealer says I need a new engine $7000.00. Can't get one for 6 months. I will never buy a kubota machine again. Nor can I afford to buy another machine. Thanks Kubota for such a crap design, and not caring about your customers.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2021

I’m happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Took my M7060 to the shop due to loss of power, showing 80 hours had a year. Kubota said they think the injectors are bad since purchase & it will be a few months before in stock. Sorry for your bad luck.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Purchased 2019 L2501 with attachments. When unit was delivered, as soon as I moved unit, linkage rod fell off and I noticed fuel gauge appeared to not work. I went to dealer next day and they were very uninterested. Said probably just needed to have rod re-installed with new pin and fuel guage would probably be ok after using it a while and they were not going to do anything. The dealer has been nothing but useless and lied about costs, etc. I have also had very poor service from factory customer service on every call.

The website is very confusing and their automated phone service hangs up constantly on almost every call. It takes at least 10 calls and hang-ups before getting connected to someone. I was charged $2000 for insurance at purchase which was never mentioned by dealer. When I tried to payoff loan I talked to insurance people and they said amount paid on insurance would be adjusted at payoff and I was told to talk to loan dept to get amount of adjustment. Customer service claims there is no adjustment given even though I would be paying off loan 50% early.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

ZG123S-48. 48" deck has three short blades - not an ideal design. Cuts regular lawn grass (i.e., Centipede/St. Augustine) okay but generally requires two or more passes to cut 'stalks' of what is commonly called 'Smut Grass'. Mower idler pulley failed at less than 200 hours use. Not happy with the performance or reliability of this expensive machine,.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Updated on 10/22/2021: After being quite frustrated with my entire experience I had my tractor towed into dealer. They did fix the problem under warranty but I still ended up paying $434 dollars for transport to dealer for repair. I had no way to get the tractor to the dealer so I needed them to pick it up. It died on the field and I had no way of controlling where it broke down. Would have been nice if it would have broken down at the dealer but that didn't happen. Considering there were less than 50 hours on this machine I would have though Kubota would have taken care of the entire cost of repair including transport to the dealer. Why should it cost me an additional $434 for a tractor that was essentially brand new. Bottom line is that the tractor is running again (at least for another 50 hours).

Original: In 2019 I traded my 3901 in on a MX4800 because I needed more loader capacity. I owned the 4800 less than a year (60 hours) and there was a major recall that would require me to lose my tractor for months. I decided that I would just trade it and upgrade to a 5400 because I needed use of the tractor. I have had the 5400 for less than a year (less than 50 hours) and it died on the field. I called dealer and had it picked up. After two weeks the dealer said they were working with Kubota engineers to try to troubleshoot problem. After two weeks they still did not have any idea what was wrong and told me it was now looking like the engine would need to be replaced. **?

What has happened to Kubota's quality control. Why hasn't Kubota stepped up to do the right thing for a loyal customer (3rd kubota tractor). Basically I feel like I can no longer rely on the quality of Kubota nor can I rely on them to stand behind there product and minimize the frustration and inconvenience their issues have created for what has been a loyal customer. Time to look at Green tractors if Kubota doesn't step up and resolve this issue quickly.

Paul

Kubota if you want to make this right call the dealer I bought if from (lochens in WI or the dealer that is servicing it, Beavers in WI). Similar to the issue with the 4800 I expect I will not hear a thing from you.

Original review: July 29, 2021

The customer service with Kubota has always been top-of-the-line. Their products are well-made and last long. Now more than ever your Landscaping dreams are achievable. The machines are easy to use and built with a user-friendly interface. It is a wonderful memory of mind to mow the lawn with my grandson on my lap and it is a wonderful memory of his of always hopping on the orange tractor to help me mow the lawn.

Original review: April 5, 2021

In Fall 2018 we purchased a brand new RTV1100C with an $8,000 dollar Kubota snow blower implement. First winter everything worked fine, after about 8 months in the summer PTO that drives blower started to spin without engaging it. Dealer picked up the unit and got Kubota to cover replacement under warranty. Second winter was mild and only used blower for a few hours. The 3rd winter 2020/2021 was an absolute nightmare and costly. Installed the blower and PTO would not turn. Dealer came and picked up the unit. After $2,400+ we were told the PTO had frozen from lack of use and we needed to run the PTO every couple of weeks to prevent further freezing. We had never been told this prior to this service call! This is an electric clutch add on PTO in case you're not familiar. Keep in mind this clutch had already been replaced about 1.4 years ago.

After getting the unit back and using the snow blower for 3 days the drive shaft from the engine to the PTO snapped a CV joint on one end. So back to dealer it went, Kubota refused this being a warranty issue, so again $2,400+ bill to get it working AGAIN. We are now stuck with a very unreliable piece of equipment. Our $8,000 snow blower has now cost nearly $13,000 after maybe 60 hours of use and 2.5 years of ownership. The future looks even dimmer given what it costs to keep this implement running. If you're looking for a vehicle mounted snow blower look elsewhere. This is not worth it. This doesn't even address the snow blower's lift cylinder that is leaking and another $400+ labor to repair.

Kubota author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kubota brought its products to the United States in 1969 and provides a wide range of lawn and construction equipment.

• Residential and commercial: Kubota creates residential and commercial riding mower models designed for each market's unique needs.

• Financing: The company has its own financing options to help improve affordability of its riding mowers.

• Diesel engine options: These environmentally-friendly diesel engines offer significant power.

• Up to 72-cutting deck: A massive cutting deck addresses any size yard.

• Oversize fuel tanks: 16-gallon fuel tanks keep the riding mower going until the yard is completed.

Kubota Company Information