3.33/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

680 John Deere Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 27, 2018

This is a great low-end John Deere LA115 lawn tractor. Makes quick work of the back lawn, with a lot less fatigue as compared to a walk behind mower.

Original review: July 27, 2018

My X475 tractor is one you get from a John Deere dealer and not sold in other stores. It is very heavy duty and like most equipment if you take care of it; it will take care of you.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been pass along to 3 dealers on my issue with my D130 Lawn Tractor. When you mow the lawn on number 3 you have a 2" wide strip down your lawn about 7' before the shoot. I had contacted JD main office and two local offices and brought the tractor in two times and still have the same issue. I first time they said the spindle was off and they had to order a new one, so I get it back and back the cut and same issue so when I called them back they said they didnt look at the deck because it was in for something doing with engine??? I told them look at the notes again and read me what I said when I brought this in and they couldn't find it. So the second time they said they couldn't find the issue and said they sharpen my new blades and that look like it fix the problem so I tip the deck over and the blades were never touch. And I still have the same problem.

I called them back again and told them the blades were never sharpen and the grass still has a 2" strip higher and have to make to cuts. Now they said they would get back to me and of course, they didn't and now I had to get extended warranty just to get this junk fix. So far John Deere said it was the blades so I change out the blades 5 time in one year then it was the belt, change that two in one year. So I paid 2,600.00 for a piece of junk. And when I called corporate they keep telling me to see local dealer and now they want to charge me to bring this in new machine. Now I telling everyone that John Deere don't care. They push junk and have ill equip techs. Now I want to sell this and buy a dependable machine. I'm 57 and never had I had to write such a terrible comment and had reach out 6 times in 1 1/2 years.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Our John Deere mower is reliable, easy to maintain and the best looking mower on the market, in my opinion. We purchased it four years and it still looks and runs like it's new.

Original review: July 26, 2018

John Deere units have stood the test of time, they're like a Timex, takes a lickin, but still keeps tickin, and you can still get parts for almost every make & model ever produced...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Deere?

Original review: July 26, 2018

Bought a John Deere 730 riding lawn tractor with a 60 inch deck. The lawn tractor is very smooth running and the deck goes through heavy grass. The lawn tractor always starts and also has power steering. One feature I like is if want go reverse out of a tight space without the deck shutting down, use a hold down push button and the deck doesn't stop. Usually mows 2-3 areas at a time.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have had this mower about 6-7 years with just normal maintenance. I would recommend John Deere to friends and family. It is a good sturdy built mower.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I have a JD Z925M with 60" 7 Iron deck, mulch on demand, and wheels. Overall I love this mower. The mulch on demand is great. The wheels ride a little smoother than regular tires and get better traction. The downside is that they will take your yard up if you not careful. The mulch on demand causes a little extra dust. But I would buy this mower again except with regular tires and wheels.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Having 2 Sabres and a John Deere V-Twin prior to this V-Twin, I stayed with JD having all 42" cutting widths, double bagger, dump cart, etc. The biggest issue is the battery compartment, as in the past I had a couple batteries drip acid below which shorted out electrical wiring and ate away at battery boxes... Thus poor engineering but perhaps my last JD?

Original review: July 25, 2018

Same amount of mowing done with this mower as with other mowers. This one did good but not as easy to take care of for a woman and rode rough. Didn't fit my body but good enough to ride it very long.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I bought a John Deere L118 in 2007. Right now it has 375 hours on it. It starts every time, no smoke and a great lawn tractor. I'm thinking of buying a new one, with an easier to use deck, that can switch from mulch to bag easier than I do now. My neighbors have Cub Cadet, nothing but complaints.

Original review: July 25, 2018

This mower I have had for 8 years, starts every time. (I do regular maintenance on it.) Mowing in a breeze, I have almost 2 acres to mow and I am 70 years old.

Original review: July 24, 2018

A real workhorse. Only wish the paint were more durable and didn't spot from bug spray. Very dependable, does everything I ask of it and is always ready to work. The best thing is I live on a farm with 3 other families, all of whom have had an aversion to anything John Deere. They have all gone through several mowers during the time I have had my Deere, and one of the men is now doing my yard with my mower. Think his mind has changed. He is in the market for a new mower. Let's see what he buys.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I bought my John Deere 8 years ago. I have never cut grass before in my life and now I enjoy it because the mower is so easy to use. I cut close to 3 acres in about 2 1/2 hours with no problems.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Great cut, love power steering, but it catches on fire when grass accumulates under the hood. Too many repairs and dangerous. Also, the deck will not raise as high as my other tractor and gets stuck in uneven ground.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My John Deere LX 188 was bought from the local dealer used 12 years ago. It is still going strong, mowing 3 acres of tough weeds, clover and a little grass. It has a Kawasaki engine which runs quiet and smoothly.

Original review: July 24, 2018

John Deere lawn mower engine always starts, using a reliable Briggs and Stratton. It cuts very good, and parts and lube info and oil is readily available. Local store knowledge is good too.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Aching back from hours of mowing - tips easily - can’t get close to edges. Had to have repaired several times. Couldn't mow with regular mower so have to put up with what I have.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased the 38" Sabre (by John Deere) used. Safety features interfered with operator convenience, engine did not last and lots of flat tires in Nevada.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Where our Husqvarna would get stuck, our John Deere plowed through it like a champ! Will never own anything else! Sure it cost more, but worth it! Also make sure it’s bought from a John Deere dealer.

Original review: July 23, 2018

All lawn mower are too much money but I run a John Deere and they hold up a lot better. Others are good too. Gas and go. The grass catcher needs to get centered though. It seems like you're always going the wrong way beating the bushes.

Original review: July 22, 2018

It’s a residential-grade D 170, the frame is cracked and the deck was junk from the initial purchase. I have replaced the deck belt more times than I can remember, the only thing I can say is good about this tractor is the motor is tough. Not sure if I would purchase another JD, even if it was a larger tractor.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have had John Deere riding mower for 50 years and I have always had John Deere. They are dependable. Very few problems if any at all. My mower that I have now is 16 years old and still runs like a brand new one. My next one when I need one will be a JOHN DEERE.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have a 38 inch deck John Deere and use it for mowing and for snow blowing. It has been pretty reliable and does a good job with both tasks. I'm not a fan of the foot pedal control though and would rather have a hand control.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The mower starts right up every time and runs well. Good quality engine. Easy motion and turning radius. The yard is cut even and smoothly. Only issue occasionally is traction in soft earth.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Mom purchased the low end John Deere mower but it does everything we ask of it. It is forty two inch width. Sharp blades cut right through the grass. I love it.

Original review: July 21, 2018

John Deere model X500 multi-terrain is a solid sub-tractor. However, "Meade Tractor," a John Deere Retailer, provides sub-standard service. When I bought it in for my one year service, it took them 6 weeks to change my oil, plugs, check fittings and changed my Blades. They charged me $300 and didn't even thank me for the ** they provided.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Bought my model D-125 lawn tractor April 2016. I mow around 2 acres and the tractor has performed flawlessly with only routine care: oil changes, lube, blade sharpening, etc.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The machine is reasonable. It does the job but the after sales service leaves a lot to be desired. Basically there is none, which is interesting as I also have a JD 6520 tractor and JD has bent over backwards with after sales service for that machine.

Original review: July 20, 2018

John Deere is one of the best you can buy. It is durable, very seldom have a problem with it and last a long time. Whether you pay full price or get it on sale it is worth every penny.

John Deere Company Information