Dixie Chopper

Compare Riding Mowers

Research top Riding Mowers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchased a residential zero-turn mower, the price was comparable to other brands and good quality for the price. Fast mower, no problems to-date. The mower has a parking brake and seat switch as safety features. Also has a quick raise deck to help avoid running over objects. PTO on/off is located in a convenient spot. Never owned another zero-turn, but the mower is quick with low profile tires for easier turns and faster turning around trees and other objects. Have only had the mower for a little more than a year but have not had any issues with durability or mechanical features. Great mower so far.

The cost outweighed the usefulness. We use it consistently and we're thrilled with the quality of the product. My husband is happy to use it on a weekly basis. We feel very secure using it because the safety feature make us feel safe. We feel safe using it while the kids and dogs are out and about. The speed is great. It takes less time to get the job accomplished because the speed is awesome. We are finished way before we used to be with our old one. I feel like this will last for a long time. We have not had to replace any parts yet which is AWESOME. The value of that is incredible.

Was very happy with the product and would recommend it for the value of the cost of the product and the availability of it. It was easy to.operate and the instructions were clear. The safety features were easy to understand and were explained well. They were marked clearly and they were easy to access on the product and I think my friends would enjoy it. I only rate this satisfied because it was not the fastest, but it did the job and it was smooth and easy to use. Did not have any issues that were not normal and it is something I would tell all my friends about.

The price is great. It is one of the reasons I chose them. Then I found the service is outstanding. It is great to know you made right choice. It has so many features. I always felt safe and at ease. Thanks for keeping me safe. The speed was amazing. I'm talking real cool. I love how I did not have to wait and everything was done in a flash. I would recommend and endorse. Very durable. No worries when it as powerful as this. I had cheap before. I went with the best.

It is reliable and Durable. The most effective equipment I've ever used. My family has used this for a couple years never had a problem with it. Always work well. It's a very safe product that gives you the ability to do things at a sturdy and safe level. You have the ability to make things get done quick and efficient. The speed is one of the reasons why I chose this product. It makes things a lot quicker and you feel that you have more things to do in the day. It's a very strong part of its my second feature that I absolutely love because it is something that I will not have to place for years on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dixie Chopper?

I think it was worth every dollar I spent. I have bought mowers in the past, but none of them compare to this one. I'm another satisfied customer. I think that the lawn mower is very safe. I've had some that I would never allow other people to use due to its lack of safety condition. This one is not one of those. This is a unique mower. I think the speed is nice and subtle. Nothing too hard and easy to use. I would recommend this product to anyone. The speed is just where it needs to be I wouldn't change anything about it. I think it is built to last. The materials that were used to craft this pristine machine are of immaculate quality. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted for the next ten years.

For the horsepower in the machine I bought, the value was well worth the price. The Dixie chopper is one of the best lawnmowers I have ever used! I like that you can open and close the discharge side of the deck from your seat for safety reasons. I also think the parking brake is a great feature as well. I can zip around my 3 acre lawn in no time with my Dixie chopper. It used to take me 4 hours to mow, but that's been cut in half now! It only takes about 2. I've had a Dixie chopper for about ten years. I love how it lasts forever so I don't have to buy a whole new one. Parts are easy to find and install.

It is adorable, even if you only make medium wage. They also help with the first as far as finding something that fits within your budget. Great safety features. Any sharp objects are covered in the event you miss step or anything of that nature. Safety was never an issue with their product. Extremely fast. Something that I thought would take me a long time based on previous equipment I was able to do in half the time with this product. Even after I have had the equipment crew for over 7 months, it still runs exactly the same the day I first used it. I would say it's reliable and durable.

Easy to clean up. Easy to work on. Not easily broken or wear down. I use it every day and I find that it continues to hold up month after month. It seems to be as safe as other options in this category. But I just seem to feel safer when riding it. I like all the safety features it comes with. I wouldn't mind if it had a higher top end speed. Seems to have a governor, which helps the safety features but doesn't help with Speed. I use it everyday. These things are built like they were in the old days. I find it very comforting knowing that they still make like they always have.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dixie Chopper got its start in 1980 in Greencastle, Indiana, by creating the first commercial zero-turn mower.

• Made in the USA: These riding mowers are manufactured entirely in the United States.
  • Financing: Individuals and businesses use financing plans to spread the cost of the riding mower into monthly payments.
  • Multiple mower models: Dixie Chopper services have all three primary riding mower applications including residential, commercial and industrial models.
  • 5-year warranty: The riding mower owner has protection against problems for five years.
  • Up to 36 HP: Powerful engines provide extremely fast mower speeds.
  • Best for Commercial, industrial and residential users who need a fast mower option.

Compare Riding Mower