Cuisinart

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been trying to get a replacement for my dual station coffee maker since before Christmas 2016. The single-serve side stopped working after only two months. I have been given the run-around about getting a replacement. I was told initially that the warehouse was closed until the beginning of January. I have had to call 3 times, and each time I am told that they are shipping me a new product, but on subsequent calls, I find out that no action had been taken on my warranty replacement. The latest customer service rep told me that I have to return my product first, then in about 35 days, I'll get the replacement. That is absolutely unacceptable. I never had that experience with a Keurig coffee maker. I will not buy any Cuisinart products in the future.

My SmartPower blender was still under warranty when the "cutting assembly" blade broke (the black spinner broke off). Upon calling in I was told that an entire new unit would be shipped to me (blender, cups, blades, everything) and I would have to return my old unit with $10 to cover shipping. However, after reading reviews online I called again to confirm there would be a return shipping label. I was told that my warranty was "limited", and that the $10 actually covers shipping for the product to reach me. I should include the $10 check and pay for subsequent return shipping of my old product. I am extremely frustrated because shipping the old unit will cost around $22, totaling $32 for this one blade replacement while the entire unit costs $50. Beware of their hidden shipping fees, even under warranty.

If I could give Cuisinart 0 stars I would. I've owned 2 Cuisinart knives and both only worked one time. When I used them the second time it wouldn't even turn on. These were not the bottom of the line knives. So, after the second knife broke, I decided to contact Cuisinart and tell them of the situation. The representative was extremely rude, sarcastic and disrespectful on the phone, which I certainly didn't appreciate. All I was offered was a 20% coupon to purchase another knife. I can tell you, I will NEVER purchase another Cuisinart product. Most of their products I owned have been JUNK. There are better brands out there that are far more reliable than Cuisinart as well as customer service reps that are far more respectful than the ones Cuisinart has working for them.

BTW, I had called customer service back and asked for a supervisor to explain what had happened with one of their customer service reps. The only response I received from her was that she would check into it. That was her way of putting me off and hanging up the phone. I guarantee she did not check into the situation. I guess that's the answer. If Cuisinart has that caliber of employees working for them, that explains the quality of their products. Very disappointed in Cuisinart. Very disappointed!!!

I brought a pressure cooker since Feb. 16 and had only used it 5 times. It is now stop cooking. I called them regarding it and the customer service rep told me that they will send me the product replacement and I need to send them the old one back with a $10 for shipping. I asked, "Why do I have to pay for that?" She told me that since the product still under warranty, they will pay for the shipping one way to me. The $10 is for me to ship the broken unit back to them. All I need is to put the old unit in the box that I receive the replacement and the $10 check for shipping it back. I asked her so that it right? She said yes and the unit they are sending me would have the return label in it for shipping it back that is why I have to include the $10 in there.

Knowing the pressure cooking is heavy, I made sure I understand it right that $10 I am paying is to get the product back to them. Now I got the new unit but no return shipping label. I called them and they said I have to pay to ship it back. I kept telling them that the pressure cooker is heavy and it would cost more than $100 to ship back that is why I agreed to this in the first place because they said I only need to pay $10 to get the return shipping label to ship back. This is ridiculous. I can't send the old unit back because it cost more than what I would pay for a brand new unit. They lied to me and now I am stuck. I will never ever buy from them again. I will also tell everyone I know what a liar they are in tricking people. They should not be allow to be in the consumer business.

Cuisinart Coffee Maker Model DGB-700BC - On the morning of 12/16/2016, I made coffee as usual. I was nearby when I heard a popping noise and walked into the kitchen to see smoke pouring out of the base of the coffee maker that I have been using for the last eight years or so. I unplugged the unit and brought it outside since the smoke was horrible. I opened the windows to air out the place. A while later, bringing in the unit I looked up the model number and searched online to see if there was a recall due to a fire hazard. I saw other who reported the same problem. A call to the Consumer Product Safety Commission and reported what happened. After numerous calls to Cuisinart, I finally got through. Their response... "we have a 3 year warranty but we can replace the unit with the same model." I refused the offer and stressed that the reason for the call was to have this unit recalled. The matter was to be sent to the Corporate Office.

My complaint is that there has been many reports of this model and others from Cuisinart catching fire or smoking. These products need to be recalled. There obviously is faulty wiring that is causing these units to catch on fire. As we all know, companies will not recall unless they have to. And it's usually too late since someone was hurt. I was fortunate enough to be nearby when mine caught on fire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Debi 700 - I have had a brewery and grind for the past 9 years. Loved it, but sadly it broke. Went online and purchased a new one March 2016. Woke up 12/2016 while enjoying a cup of coffee started smelling a hot smell... Looked at coffeemaker and black smoke was billowing out from underneath it. Immediately unplugged. Thankfully we were home or office house would have caught fire. Called customer service and they said would receive a new one within 5-7 business days... Still haven't received anything... And can't get a hold of cs... Very upset.

I bought this can opener thinking it would be good since the price is more than most. I got a can opener that won't even open the can. It stops and starts and then you basically have to pry it off! I emailed the company, provided them with all the information, except receipt since I threw it away. They would NOT replace it nor would they send the part to open the can! It is worthless! Save your money and buy a cheaper brand that does what it is supposed to do! Shame on Cuisinart for not making it right!

3 years in a row year the bowl components have broken (the 2 replacement/new ones too). (DFP-14N series). Each year they replaced the broken piece at no charge, however, we had to send back the broken part and pay the postage and insurance. The product was purchased in December 2012. This year first they wanted $40 for the replacement part and then after speaking with the supervisor it was reduced to $20 for the replacement part. The motor has been working great, but the plastic pieces just don't last. Not a product for those who love to cook! We have been Cuisinart lovers for at 30 years as they always stood behind their products, but now they don't, not after 3 years, even though the bowl components were new EVERY year. Went to the store today and opened a display Cuisinart and the top broke!!! Done with this company. Today we purchased a Breville! Fingers crossed.

I purchased a set of Cuisinart Induction cookware in March 2014 from Bed Bath & Beyond. The 10" skillet stopped working on my stovetop due to the aluminum plate on the bottom of the pan coming loose in one area. The customer service department keeps requesting pictures, I've sent them pics several times. Just because I can't lift the aluminum plate and photo where it's loose, they don't believe me. But, you can tap on the plate and hear it's unattached in the middle areas around the center, which keeps the skillet from working.

The customer service reps requests I pay to have the skillet packaged, shipped with tracking to their NJ warehouse along with a $7 check for return shipping. I can go buy a new skillet for the price of what it would cost to return my skillet. What good is warranty, if they will not comply with their warranty promises. I've been going back and forth with these people for over two months and this have not been resolved. I will not recommend their products to anyone because the warranty and customer service is very poor.

Cuisinart Bfp-703 Blender/Food Processor. I bought the blender less than a year ago. I have used it 10/15 times max and the motor just quit on the last time. The lights come on but no power. I called Cuisinart and they asked for a replacement motor. They told me they can't send parts I'd have to send it back at my own cost, have their people fix it. Then bill me for the cost. This would raise the price of getting it fixed which I think is what they count on. They are a very bad company IMO and I feel I have been ripped off!

Called to replace a defective unit which is still under warranty. After days of back and forth of emails and submitting all documentations to prove purchase, they agreed to replace it but since then I haven't heard anything and they are not replying to my frequent emails!

If I could give this zero stars I would. I wrote to Cuisinart regarding a coffee pot that leaked and continually flooded my counters. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ever. 20 emails... I included photos, serial numbers, and receipts. They wanted me to do this, do that, then this. THEN repeated those things after I told them I tried and they did not work. 25 EMAILS. I finally told them I will never purchase another Cuisinart product again. I highly recommend steering clear of this company unless you want to spend time on Youtube trying to figure out how to fix your own small appliances. We paid over $100 for this coffee pot - for that I would have expected much better customer service. One of the most frustrating experiences of my life. Avoid their products at all costs.

We purchased this knife about 2 years ago and it has never worked the way it should. Blades won't cut when you put pressure on them. Called because read several reviews about a gear that is plastic and won't make the knife work properly. Customer service said, "Well we have a 3 year limited warranty but we can't do anything about it." End of story. She didn't even want to try and help, just wanted me off the phone and I told her Cuisinart just lost a customer, no reaction, could have cared less. If I could give it no stars I would, I guess customer service is a lost art.

I took over the dish washing because my wife's hands are not strong anymore. I wrote a letter paper and Ink to complain about how difficult it is to clean Cuisinart's Stainless cooking utensils. They wrote back. I need to put in more butter or oil whenever I fry. It is very hard to get the pan clean with or without more oil. They sent a letter back saying I must use more. To fry an egg I must float it in butter. Their plain type of pots and pan sets are garbage. I thought I would pack them and send them back to the president of the company but it would cost $60. I wish they had a 1/2 star rating--one star is too much.

Regretfully this is a letter of complaint. After having done a lot of research on you Cuisinart Fp11 and reading many reviews that claimed it was one of the best on the market. I regret to say that it is a piece of junk. It does not perform as advertised, when slicing or shredding it packs the food up around the cover and doesn't deposit it in the holding chamber. Also it leaves big junks of whatever you are trying to process sitting on top of the shredding and or slicing blade. I have had this product about 9 months and have used it about 4 times. I thought I was doing something wrong because of all the glowing reviews I read about it, but I have finally decided that it is just poor design of the cover. If I could I would send this back in a heartbeat. I regret that I can't recommend this product to anyone at this point.

So In other words you bought it you are stuck with it because we don't really care that it is a piece of junk. All I wanted was to let them know that it has a serious design flaw in the cover but they don't seem to care or seem to want to improve their product. So in closing I would like to say buyer beware because Cuisinart doesn't seem to want to better their product or stand behind one that doesn't perform as advertised.

I bought my third Cuisinart coffeemaker. And only had it a little over 2 years. Called the company and they wanted me to send 10 dollars and pay to box and send the complete coffeemaker to them. I am a snowbird and gone 5 months out of the year. So you can say I only used it for a year. I paid over 100.00 dollars for it and it's already leaking? Very disappointed and think they are going on their reputation. Which is no longer of value.

I recently contacted Cuisinart customer service to inquiry about the possibility of replacing a 10 inch skillet from a new pots and pans set that I purchased over an year ago (Cuisinart® DSI Induction Ready Hard Anodized). The skillet got scratched by using a wood spoon on it. The customer service was first contacted by email, and considering the length that took for them to provide a simple answer, I called. The customer service representative clearly had very little desire to help me and informed that I would have to wait for the email answer. When I asked for a recommendation of replacement for a product with the exactly same features, she said that it would be up to me to search the web and find the product.

I continued to wait for the email answer when yesterday, the customer service informed me that the product is discontinued and that now my options are: or I buy an induction ready stainless steel or, I buy a hard anodized. GREAT! Now I will not only have pots and pans that do not match but also that don't have the same features that I purchased originally just about one year ago. Take home message? NO MORE CUISINART pots and pans in my house! Since I will have to purchase a product that is different anyway, it will be from another brand.

My blender had a 3-year warranty but quit working after approximately 1 year. Upon contacting Cuisinart, I had to return the blender paying shipping to get it to them, plus I had to include a $10 check paying for return shipping back to me. They sent me an old damaged blender back instead of a new one. It had deep scratches, and the base was cracked on the side. Needless to say, I was not happy. I called them back and was told they would have to contact the Corporate office and I would have to call back to retrieve reply.

I decided to try the blender in the meantime to see if I could use it until the issue was resolved. It smelled when I turned it on and stopped working within a couple of minutes. I had to call them back; they issued FedEx pickup for the item. I was told they would send a new one. I had to wait weeks for them to send it out. Again, it was under review by the Corporate office. Never mind that they sent me a piece of junk when they should have sent a new one on the front end. I called numerous times the second go round to check on the blender and each time was told it was still under review by the Corporate office. They told me that they could not call me with any information; that I had to call them to get any updates. I have finally received another blender; I am still not sure whether it is really a new one. I won't be buying another Cuisinart blender!

I received The Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet as a gift (purchased from Costco, Royal Palm Beach Fla.) the packaging totally intact and unopened. When opened April 2016 I found a back leg missing and the handle attached only on one side, rendering the unit totally unusable for waffles & grilled cheese as intended usage. I contacted Cuisinart 4-10-16 via their website asking for advice on how to rectify the problem and got NO response. Then May 12, 2016 I called the customer service number and spoke to a rep. They said the unit had been manufactured in 2012 for a membership store, their responsibility ended July 2105, and that now without a sales receipt I was "SOL", Costco sold this unit January 8, 2106. Not being A Costco member I felt going directly to the manufacturer was my way to go. Cuisinart I always thought to be a reputable company but they have cut off dates for backing their products and don't reply to their email inquiries!!

Someone could be severely injured by this product! If I could give it no stars I would. When using the blender in a soup, the blade shattered and left pieces of metal in the pot. I was unaware the blade was broken as the soup had blended enough before I served it. Then my husband almost swallowed a shard of metal! When I called Cuisinart to alert them and complain they told me they would give me a discount if I purchased a new one! The correct response would have been to refund my money and ask their engineering staff about the safety of this product. NEVER buying this kind of product from them again. Makes me think twice about buying any other Cuisinart product for that matter. Incredibly irresponsible.

Cuisinart's customer service is dreadful. They tell you there is no troubleshooting method for a problem and even though the item was purchased within 2 months, you have to pay to ship the defective item back to them. I am now replacing this item for the third time, and the previous two times the item has had the exact same issue. I am hoping the third time is the charm, but who knows.

Absolutely unhappy about CuisinART customer service. If after a few months their product is broken, they want you to send the product to them ON YOUR COST. This is ridiculous. They sold something not well done and make me pay for this. No, no, no! Never again Cuisinart.

DGB-700 Fully Automatic Burr Grind and Brew - Bought online from Sears 4/9/16. Like the unit but the heating plate caught on fire on the morning of 7/27/16. Lucky for me I was at home (I usually go for a walk and leave the coffeemaker running) heard the strange popping sound and was able to unplug the cord. Cuisinart needs to recall this coffeemakers before it sets a house on fire. I contacted Sears and they told me somebody will contact me in the next 12-48 hours.

Purchased this coffee maker in October of 2015. Water started leaking from the base of the unit today. I called Cuisinart and it will cost me $10 for them to ship me a new one and I would have to pay for return shipping on the old one. I want a refund, not another Cuisinart. I am going to contact consumer relations and see where that gets me. Very disappointed.

I love the look of the Cuisinart single serve brewer SS-5. It uses K cups or comes with a single cup basket, and it's much smaller than any Keurig machine. Unfortunately, IT'S A PIECE OF GARBAGE. We have purchased 3 in the last 2 months. At this point, we can't take them back to the store anymore, or I'm sure we will be flagged for something weird going on, and all Cuisinart will do is send us another one in 2 weeks or so. Which means if we want coffee, we have to go buy it every day or buy another coffee pot in the meantime. The company didn't have anyone in customer service that I could complain to. Really odd in this day and age where most companies actually care about their customer's satisfaction. BUY ANOTHER BRAND. THIS IS PRETTY, BUT WON'T WORK FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS.

I got married last Nov. of 2014 and my best friend gave me Cuisinart - an 11 pc stainless cookware as gift. The set includes the basic pots and pans that one can use in a kitchen. My husband and I being the foodie that we are, used the cookware right away to prepare our meals. The pot and pans are aesthetically pleasing plus they are really durable and heavy duty. They are also easy to clean. My favorite among the set is the small sauce pan and the steam basket/ pan that goes with it. I love to buy frozen dimsum like siomai, dumplings, rolls and they are usually cooked by steaming. I usually use our big steamer in order to cook dimsum, but since having this Cuisinart pots, I didn't bother with the big steamer anymore. I've been using the cookware for almost 2 years now and they are still doing and cooking great.

Was told that my coffee maker could be replaced by one representative and needed to pay a shipping fee of $10 to send back old coffee machine. I would call back tomorrow to make payment and she said that would be fine just to call this number. When I called that number the next day it was the wrong number so I had to relook it up to call the company back and spoke with a different representative who told me that they could not replace my coffee maker. Basically I am out of a coffee maker now due to their poor manufacturing. This coffeemaker sprung a hole which cause the water to leak from the pot.

I purchased this for my husband Dec 2015. By the end of Feb 2016 it did not work. When calls were made to customer service I was on hold so long I would have to hang up. I finally talked with someone late March. I was promised a new pot would be sent. It is now May 30th. No replacement, no contact.

Purchased this coffeemaker, was happy with it until the blinking clean light never came on and coffeemaker would not turn on. After cleaning it would work, but the product brochure states cleaning light would turn on when cleaning was needed. The coffeemaker went out as soon as warranty went out. All I got from the Cuisinart company was "I am sorry but you have to replace product." For the price you pay for this product it should last longer than warranty. I think I would rather buy a cheaper coffeemaker and replace when needed. With the Cuisinart you also have to replace carbon filters so it was an expense all the way around. Would not purchase this product again. Take my chances on a cheaper one.

I had my Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler for under 2 years and all of a sudden the temp start to go up extremely high so I contact them for a replacement. They told me I need to pay for shipping back and for the new one as well its a total of min $35. So I told him its not that the handle or parts are broken, the whole machine is getting hot and it almost burnt my house. He answered, "Did it burnt, if not you have to pay the shipping."

Cuisinart Company Profile