1.58/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

720 Cuisinart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have 4 kitchen appliances, a ice cream maker, rice maker, grinder & chop & grinder. The Quality of the goods are excellent. The after sales service is second to none 5 year guarantee. What more could any cook ask for. Perfection.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have purchased many a coffee maker in my time and this DCC-3200 model meets all my demands! My last Cuisinart was great except the end of brewing alarm was just that... an ALARM and no way to shut the darn thing off which wakes up everyone in my 3000 sq ft home!!! Very annoying! This one allows me to turn it off. Very smart for Cuisinart! I got the Stainless & Copper model and it looks beautiful in my kitchen. Easy programmable for clock & auto program to come on at 4am with NO beeps! Keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hour and has a brew strength... Wonderful!!! So far I love this Coffee machine. Did I mention that I also purchased the matching oven!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Purchased a Cuisinart elemental eight processor 10/29/2018. Just open the box on 02/17/2019. It has been sitting in the box for a while now. Took everything out, notice a that I need to order a part because the Emperador was cracked. There is no customer service phone number to call and speak with a human, you have to send a contact form. I sent the model#, but I didn't see a SN# nowhere on the machine or box. They wrote several emails back asking the same question over and over again for a SN#/Model. I ask for someone to call, they wrote back and said that they called twice. I can't sit by the phone and wait for a possible call. Don't expect any help from this company once you purchase their product and I won't again. BE AWARE!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I originally contacted Cuisinart about this, but they have referred me to Best Brands. Just before Thanksgiving 2018, I purchased one of your oven mitts at my local retailer. After less than 2 months of use, your oven mitt has split between the thumb and index finger. Please see pictures attached. This caused my hand to be burned when I pulled a pizza pan out of my oven for my family. I purchased a Cuisinart item because of the long term history and quality of your company and its products. It is now obvious to me that Cuisinart has chosen to farm out its items to a company that produces poor quality. I will now think twice before I purchase another Cuisinart item. It's a shame that a quality company such as Cuisinart is now selling poorly made products to its loyal customers!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

This is the second SS 10 coffee brewer I purchased. Both had problems in a short period of time. The problem was that for no reason it won't stop pumping water out. Plug has to be pulled out. Won't reset. Company has no explanation or fix. Replacement: They charge you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My food processor has a 3 year warranty. In the past year and a few months that I have had it, the bowl and cover and insert have broken 3 times. I called the company in late 2017 and I paid for a new cover. Service was slow. For 4 months now I have called customer service and was on hold for 2 hours, finally hung up. 5 or 6 emails to not only the U. S. email address, but also Canada thinking they might care about their company...no response. Maybe we should all file complaints to our respective attorney generals in our states. They need to be fined for failure to fulfill warranty claims and not answering calls or emails about their defective blades. THAT is a dangerous issue. Of course, we have to remember we are dealing with the Chinese here so it is no surprise...or shouldn't be. My advice to all of you in cooking land...DO NOT buy Cuisinart!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

New coffee maker in service for less than 3 months. Warped lid and hinge prevents full closure. Customer service line is always with busy with "higher than expected call volume". Recorded message directs you to register your complaint on the website and expect a response in 24 hours. Five days later with two website requests now in the system there has been no response. After purchasing a number of Cuisinart products over the years we are done with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We have owned two Cuisinart food processors and both have failed due to broken working bowl covers. In both cases, the cover piece that connects between the cover and bowl allows the processor to rotate at speed. If this connection is not made, the motor will not operate. I have contacted Cuisinart about replacing them (beyond 2 yrs old), however customer service wants to charge me for the cover (out of warranty) and at the same time will provide a new bowl and "pusher" at no charge. I don't need a new bowl or pusher, I need a warranty on this critical plastic piece so that I don't spend an additional $30 every two years. Bottom-line I will not be purchasing any more Cuisinart products.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Buyers, beware! Pretty expensive Cuisinart Chef iA+ pan got badly scratched after just a single use with wooden spatula. Shocking situations to be in, when we invested in expensive pans with healthy ceramic coating. Cuisinart denied the claim, insisting we used metal utensils.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a Cuisinart SS-15 dual coffee maker this December. It was used for the first time on December 19th. This morning, December 28, it experienced an electrical failure and no longer worked. I called Cuisinart Customer support and they told me I would have to pay a ten dollar warranty fee and for shipping to have the unit exchanged. They suggested that I take it back to where I bought it. I took it back, but they refused to exchange it. They would only refund most of my money. After many years as a loyal Cuisinart customer, I am done with them. Their products have obviously degraded to junk and they have no customer service. Do not buy their products.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Updated on 01/12/2019: I last spoke to Cuisinart Warranty Department on 12/21/18 after being told 12/10/18 and charged $10 on my credit card that I would receive a replacement mixer in the mail within 10 days. Then on the 21st I was told that the warehouse was not shipping anything until January 2nd and it will be 2 day priority mailed for the delay. Today is January 11, still haven't received My replacement and on top of that was charged $10 for NOTHING! Cuisinart Warranty Department is a SCAM! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY ARE THIEVES!!! I absolutely will not even look at anything they offer to sell!!! I recommend that you do the same.

Original review: I purchased this mixer from Sam's Club and only lightly used it for 4 months. While mixing mashed potatoes for THANKSGIVING. The left beater quit spinning and it started making a strange noise. Turns out the gear had stripped inside the mixer itself. I called Cuisinart Warranty department and explained the situation and received an apology, along with an expected replacement to be received in 10 business days.

Today is December 21... Called Cuisinart Warranty department to see why I had not received my replacement. Cuisinart Warranty department says to me that the warehouse has stopped shipping anything until January 2nd and they have no control over their policy. So first off I was lied to being told I would receive a replacement in 10 days, and secondly I am left without a mixer to make Christmas dinner. THANK YOU Cuisinart. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN! When you are out of business...be sure to look back regrettably...knowing the mistakes that you have made!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I generally like my Cuisinart toaster ovens even though they don't last that long. The most recent one I have has been working fine till 6 months ago when the bottom rear heater element started bending upwards due to the heat. It is now just touching the lower baking rack. As the the product warranty has expired (2 couple of years), Cuisinart will do nothing to replace the unit, only to acknowledge that the bent element is an abnormal occurrence. Unfortunately, there is nothing else I could do but to replace the toaster oven.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Regarding a Cuisinart waffle maker 3 years old, and not used on a regular basis. Very poor quality, back base has broken. Plastic components have fallen apart. Contacted Cuisinart with no solution or help. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I bought one 3 years ago and the oven elements were not working, broiler was not functioned and I email and called customer service and no response at all. I went to Costco to purchase the same model. Unfortunately exactly same problem was happened. I contact Cuisinart customer service by email/phone and the outcome is the same. There is no response from them (my call was put on hold over an hour).

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I’ve had this pot along with others in the set for several years now. The other day I accidentally allowed a pot to boil dry for only a few seconds. It was on medium heat on my ceramic cooktop. I immediately removed it and cooled it with water. The bottom of the pot actually blistered! It no longer sits flat and I don't feel comfortable using it again. I contacted Cuisinart to ask if the lifetime warranty would cover this. They said NO, only manufacturers defects are covered. If this isn’t a material defect I’m not sure what they would cover... but they certainly made no offer to replace it. After I told them I would share my now low opinion of the quality they said they may reconsider replacing it but I would have to pay for shipping! My view of Cuisinart just slipped several notches.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Simply put, do not buy this. You will regret it. I don’t know how this has a 4.5 star rating on their site. Had mine less than a year before it completely stopped working. Power light won’t even come on. Prior to that it was unreliable. Requires descaling an average of once a month but since there’s no warning light, it frequently just stops working and it takes about 10 run-throughs before it starts working. In the meantime, you waste untold numbers of coffee pods. Construction is also very flimsy compared to earlier models. I’ve switched to Keurig after this.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought a 4.5 Dutch oven which was very nice at first. Went to wash it and the enamel is chipping off the bottom. Got the runaround. Try to call but only getting disconnected in the end and not able to speak with anyone. I have had this pot less than a year.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Arm replacement for an ice cream maker Cuisinart ICE-50BC-MA - First the phone number given on the website gives you the usual go around and once you think it is about to get answer it is disconnect: Sorry try again! Second tries the email CONTACT US... TWICE in 7 days still no answer. Next the part is online so I order it however from the picture you can not see the plug, the one I am looking for is a circular plug, however when receiving the new arm I get a bayonet plug which does not fit. Retaining customers is hard to accomplish, Cuisinart just does not care about you: just shut up, buy and throw away, should be their motto. Anyone knows how to find this part would be welcome news. The CEO does not has a clue what is going on in his frontline!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I owned 2 older model Cuisinart coffee brewers. The first one last for years. I had no problems with it. The second broke after only 2-3 years of use. I now have a new one, model indicated above (DCC-3200). I first thought the program function wasn't working; my husband read all the instructions and figured out how to program it, so that was no issue - also: customer support was very helpful, saying they would send out a new machine immediately; all I had to do was cut the electrical cord of the one had had and send the cord back to the company.

But now the brewer has taken to pooling in the coffee filter and not draining down. Maybe this is because the grind is too fine but I had no such problems with my old Cuisinart models. This thing is just too finicky and difficult. I don't want to get a brand-new coffee-grinder, adding money to money already spent. I'd avoid this in future. In fact I'm going back to my French press, where there are no such issues.

Original review: May 27, 2018

TLDR: Cuisinart is a scam & don't expect them to honor any warranty. Cuisinart seems like a great company to buy cookware from because of their slightly reasonable prices. However, if your product is defective and breaks, don't expect them to hold up to their warranties. I bought a $30 Cuisinart coffee grinder one time. The motor inside started burning after 5 seconds of grinding coffee so I called customer service. They told me that I would need to pay to ship it back, have it be evaluated, and then I would be notified [it was defective on their part & I got a new grinder].

Based on this experience, I thought they would be good with more expensive items so I tried to get my pans replaced after sending in photos of an egg cooking, sticking, and burning to each pan (yes, customer service told me to do this). Customer service told me that sending in photos of the bottom plus an egg burning to the pan would be enough to prove my case. When I finally got a reply from Cuisinart, the representative told me that I would have to ship all 13 pieces out from the Midwest to Connecticut plus $15 check for them to return the items on priority level. I told Cuisinart that it's pointless for me to spend $100 on shipping 30lbs of cookware when I can buy a generic set for slightly more since there was no guarantee they would even cover the warranty. Just buy any other brand besides Cuisinart.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have a new KitchenAid induction range with the usual glass top. I have been using Cutco pots and pans and an induction converter with no problems. I decided to buy the Cuisinart GG22-X Green Gourmet series of induction ready pans. I bought 8, 10, and 12 inch. When I used them, the glass surface of my expensive new stovetop was seriously scratched and gouged and now looks horrible. I have contacted Cuisinart and am waiting for a response.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I called beginning of April about my pretty useless smart stick hand blender. She said they would replace it BUT it wasn't in stock so they would send it when it was in stock. Six weeks later still no blender, so I called again, agent was rude and unhelpful but finally tells me it has been sat in the warehouse (NO idea how long). No "Sorry we messed up" or anything in fact he said if I hadn't received it it was my responsibility to check on it. He said once they order it, it is not their job to check it has been sent out. Does anybody else see a disconnect here. I pulled up the reviews for Cuisinart thinking they would be good and am shocked to find so many negative reviews. I'll choose another manufacturer in future!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Recently I was given a second hand Cuisinart breadmaker and it had no instructions. I went on to the Cuisinart website and contacted customer service to see if they could help me. Within 24 hours, I was sent an email with the full manual and recipes in a pdf file. I truly do appreciate this kind of service and so far, am very pleased with my new breadmaker.

Original review: May 7, 2018

After having issues with a Spice & Nut Grinder that I was given as a present I called the Cuisinart customer service line. What a misleading title that is! I was referred to the brand manager, however they were unavailable and so I was assured by the customer representative they would call back when free. No callback. 2 weeks later I tried again, only to be told the brand manager was on holiday, no one was covering for him and he would call when back in approximately a week. I pointed out I had already been waiting for 2 weeks. Again I received no callback. I have now given up on the faulty product and the company in general. Will never buy from this company again due to their shocking customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Purchased Cuisinart DCC-3000 from BB&B last year for around $100. Was nice to use at first, then more after month it progressively got worse. New carbon filters less than half the recommended time, even though twice filtered water was used. Once through the main water inlet and the refrigerator itself. Would always ask for a cleaning after 2-3 pots of coffee. Soon, it was almost every pot it would ask for a cleaning. Now, it won't percolate at all. The element is hot, the filter is new, the trap is clean, the tank is free from debris and drains properly. The lid is secure and functioning properly.

This morning, tried to brew a 1/2 pot before work, and the water remained in the tank. Attempted to troubleshoot to make sure everything was in place as usual. Still nothing. Tried another cleaning with distilled vinegar and water after removing the filter, nothing. Water still sitting in the tank. So, can't clean, or brew. This coffee pot gets used maybe once every day or so. For the price, maintenance and filters to keep things clean, it shouldn't have issues this easily. A cheap $20 coffee pot lasts other people a decade, this one barely a year with minimal use. Not happy at all with how much effort needs to be put forward with such little use.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I received a Cuisinart Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven as a gift in January 2017. It worked great for the first 6 months, but around July 2017, it started to slowly go downhill. It began burning all my food no matter what setting or temperature I had it on. I should not have waited to call, but I did wait until Feb 2018 it became unusable. I do have a 2 year warranty on it. The first person I spoke with was incompetent and could not understand my address after I gave it to them at least 5 times. I waited a month and no toaster came. I called again, waited on hold for 15 minutes. When I finally got to a representative, she told me to hang up and call again because her computer froze.

I called again and got a rude representative telling me that it hasn't come because they are out of stock... I called again today, 2 months later, and spoke with someone decently competent. She told me it hasn't come because they had it set to a warehouse that is out of stock of the item, but she could change the warehouse. So now it should be coming in a week. Was it seriously that hard to ship it from the correct warehouse in the first place? I hope it arrives on time and I have no other issues going forward.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The 1-800 helpline they give keeps you on hold for over 40 minutes before a bad tempered customer rep. answers. They offer an option of receiving a call back when a sales rep is available but that puts you right back into the hold forever queue. They do not answer e-mail questions. They do not make it easy for the customer to get any information. I will never buy a Cuisinart product due to their sub-standard customer service.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchased Cuisinart 66-17N Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized, 17 Piece Set, Black on Amazon in January. After unpacking, I immediately noticed one of the pots was oblong shaped and not round. The lid would not seal. I immediately called Cuisinart and they guy told me my best bet was to return the entire set to Amazon (re-packing 17 pieces like a puzzle and shipping a giant box back so that I can replace one piece??) because Cuisinart will take ages to replace it. I thought it was a strangely honest reply, but told him I wanted to just replace the once piece, as they're covered by a lifetime warranty.

Needless to say I should have heeded his advice because it is now two months later of going back and forth with terrible customer service reps. I email about three times and get one response, which completely disregards the information I sent in the original email and asks for it again (model number, address, etc.) One lady told me I have to pay to ship it back and receive a new one. Another lady said they'll send me the shipping label. I called and spoke with a manager, who was just as "relaxed" about whether or not I received my new pot. She said that they sent me a label and it was not their fault if I didn't receive it and didn't think it was odd that nobody would reply to my emails.

I get the feeling their customer service team is comprised of five people, given how many times I seem to get the same reps. In the meantime, all of my other "titanium reinforced" pots and pans show significant signs of scratching and wear, when I've only ever used silicone tipped utensils while using. Will never buy Cuisinart again.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Six Piece set of stainless Steel Knives. The so called stainless knives rusted when washed by hand and left to dry in my dish drainer. I called their customer care and they acted like this was the norm and refused to do anything about replacing or anything. Their product care was terrible. I will never recommend this product to anyone, except to tell them not to buy it.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I purchased the 12 Cup SS-15, Cuisinart, Keurig/Coffee combo unit over a month ago. The first day I noticed it leaked a lot of water all over my counter... Used it the second and third day, and the same issue. I googled to find your number, and to my surprise, I found this is a very common problem with the SS-15! Many, many people had this issue. I mentioned this to the customer service person three weeks ago, and said there should be a recall! She said because it is not a safety issue, there was no recall. She apologized and said she would send me a new replacement model that does not leak. A week later, still no replacement. Two weeks later, still no replacement...

I called your customer service line again. They said they would send it right out, and gave me a tracking number. Today, the tracking number shows no movement, just "label printed". So, I have called the customer service line for the third time, and am currently on hold for over 20 minutes! She said they have been back-ordered, because now there IS a recall! In the meantime, I have a coffee maker on my counter leaking water. My toaster, blender and coffeemaker cord all rest in the leaking water, creating a fire hazard! Please advise when you will send a replacement. This is ridiculous. I never received a recall notice. This is a fire hazard... And, it has been over a month, and no action from Cuisinart. This is unacceptable.

Cuisinart expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

• Best for: those who need a basic blender or a blender/food processor combination.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information