1.26/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Cuisinart

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

689 Cuisinart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I received the Cuisinart Coffeemaker with grinder as a Christmas gift. Within 6 months, we stopped using the grinder due to the mess and clogging it created. By the end of another 6 months we had to figure out alternatives to brewing coffee since the wiring or something went haywire on the coffeemaker. For big brews, I need to push the 1-4 cups and vice versa. Then we had to push the brew button several times per pot just to get the water in the reservoir pushed thru for the brew. I contacted Cuisinart a couple of times with no response. I would definitely not recommend this machine and I'm wondering about the brand in general.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

At the end of January, one of the pusher assembly tabs that connect the large pusher to the food processor cover broke. Because of safety features, even though the cover and bowl are completely intact and the pusher is intact except for the one tab to click to the bowl, the food processor will not work (you have to click everything together for it to turn on). I could easily leave off this piece entirely and have a working food processor were it not for that, so I'm quite unhappy to start that this required piece breaks easily. This is after I've already gone through the blade recall, where I waited the better part of a year to receive that replacement part.

I ordered the part on Feb. 1, 2018. It's now Feb. 14 and the order is still "processing" (but my card has evidently been charged). I sent an email on Feb. 10 asking what "processing" meant and for clarification on when this would ship, using the email listed in the order confirmation. I received back a clearly automated note about checking online for recall status - something that happened back in 2016 and had no application whatsoever to my situation; if I had another query, I should contact a different email. I tried that email immediately. This was Feb. 10, explaining the situation and the non-response from the web store. I've heard nothing. I wrote again on Feb. 13 and have still heard nothing. I guess I'm supposed to make a phone call, spend time on hold, all undoubtedly to be told it was, um, processing.

Two weeks on a web store order is excessive, particularly with no update or other status information. It's particularly galling when the construction of the food processor means that if anything in the Rube Goldberg connections goes bad, the whole thing can't be used - and even more so when the quality seems to not be the best.

This is my second Cuisinart food processor; one I had to give away during a move. I have Cuisinart cookware, Cuisinart toaster, various gadgets, and previously had a Cuisinart coffee maker (which lasted less time than the $16.99 one I picked up at Aldi's as an emergency replacement). As I mentioned, I suffered through the giant backlog during the recall; I put that claim in the first week it was announced in December and did not receive the part until June 20, 2017, so I've had a working food processor for less than a year before something else goes.

I thought I was being maybe silly and expecting quicker service (as I would normally expect from a web store), but looking at other complaints, it seems I'm not alone. I won't be buying another Cuisinart product. I bought a fancy $399 food processor that's, yes, nine years old, but has spent the past two years mostly out of commission, none my fault. [The coffee maker didn't last the warranty period, but wasn't worth the hassle.] I'm angry and disgusted that their usual customer service routine is apparently to ignore people until the person gives up. From everything I've seen, the specialness of Cuisinart as a higher-end product went away once they were purchased by Conair. Never again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I accidentally dropped the cover of my Cuisinart food processor breaking off the locking tab that allows the processor to work. I ordered a replacement cover from Cuisinart on December 8, 2017. I heard nothing so on Dec 27 called to find the status of my order and was told the part was on back order. I contacted Cuisinart by email on Feb 1, 2018 and was given the same excuse the part was on back order with no date for availability. I’m now stuck with a useless food processor. Looking at these comments apparently this is a common complaint.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

12" Non-Stick Teflon Fry Pan Peeling - 6 months after I purchased my non stick fry pan the surface has started to bubble. I called Cuisinart on Jan 9th and was told to email pictures of the problem and back of the pan. My email was sent on Jan 10th with pictures. A week went by so I sent another email asking for status - no response. I called on Jan 24th because now the pan has peeled and is a health hazard. I was told it had not been reviewed yet. I asked for a supervisor, and was rudely told they would tell me the same thing, I said I still want a supervisor, and she cursed at me and put me on eternal hold.

I called back and was told by another rep to call again the following week because they were behind due to the holidays. I called again as instructed and this time I was told that it takes 20 work days to review the complaint. WHAAAT - this is a health hazard. I thought Cuisinart was a good company but now I will NOT purchase any more of their products and I will ensure I tell everyone I know not to purchase as well. This is just bad customer service!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I would not buy Cuisinart Knives Block again. After 6 month a knife handle cracked then broke in 2. I do not put them in the dishwasher nor am I hard on them. Those knife are steaks knives. Very disappointing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have bought not one 2 espresso machines and loved product until now. My less than one year old machine loses power, just turns off, so I called customer service of which they said they will send a pickup, to box it, gave me a number to put on box, said UPS, will pick up. Well 4 phone calls and every day for 2 weeks taking out the package to be picked up, nothing has been picked up. When I call 4 calls so far... they allllll have different stories: 1. It takes 3 days. 2. It takes over 5 days keep putting out and in at night. 3. Warehouse is closed until 2 Jan, don't know why they didn't tell you. 4. I am looking at your record. Nothing was ordered to pick up!!! I wanted a supervisor, she rudely told me they would tell me the same thing, I said I still want a supervisor, she hung up... What kind of company you run? I am going to FB and letting everyone know, the company is awful.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

New coffee maker failed after two weeks. Followed instructions, including supplying proof of purchase, and returned coffee maker at my cost ($37.04). Cuisinart has had this item for almost five weeks. They haven't shipped me a new coffee maker, can't seem to find out why, and I've been on hold for most of 40 minutes waiting for someone competent to address the matter competently. Never purchase a Cuisinart product.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I am on my third Cuisinart food processor. Number one, a Duck Egg FP16, intermittently would not switch on, until after four years of light use the motor gave out. UK customer service excellent and replacement sent out straight away. Number two was silver FP16 which had regular use (only pureeing homemade cooked soup). After almost four years this one had just been used, the base was switched Off but there was suddenly a horrible acrid plastic smell and smoke was coming from the base. It was hurriedly switched off at the mains and taken outside. The horrible smell remained throughout the following day! This one also replaced by return. Number three is now an FP14 as Cuisinart do not make the bigger 16 version anymore. It works but the lid seal leaks and soup runs down the outside of the bowl in spite of not putting more than .75 litres of liquid in it.

The lids on these processors are most difficult to clean. Bits of food get trapped in the handle although I have managed to prise the current one apart to clean it out. Mould will eventually grow inside the lid at the top and is almost impossible to clean and dry properly - I even tried an electrostatic bath to no avail. My current solution is to leave lid and large and small feed tubes on top of my boiler overnight to dry out. This seems to be working at the moment. All three processors left 'bits' unprocessed that float around at the sides of the bowl. As soon as this one goes wrong I won't be replacing it with another Cuisinart. I would not recommend this make because of its bad design.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

On October 30, 2017 I ordered a reservoir tank for our Cuisinart Coffee on Demand coffee maker. On 11/11 I emailed Cuisinart to inquire when the water tank would be shipped. Two days later I got an email saying that it was on backorder and they would be getting more in in 2-3 weeks. On 12/8, I sent another email to inquire when I might expect shipment of the tank. I got an automated email saying they had received my email and I could expect them to reply in 24-48 hours. I also tried calling them and sat on hold for half an hour.

Five days later, 12/13, I had not received a reply to my 2nd email, so I emailed and tried calling them again. Now, today, 80 days after first placing my order, I STILL have no word on when I might expect my water tank. I've read in other reviews that some people sat on hold for almost an hour before getting to talk to someone, so I thought I would try calling again. An hour and 40 minutes later, still no one to speak to. I will not be buying another Cuisinart product again because their customer service is the worst I have encountered in my 70 years on this planet.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My Cuisinart coffee maker broke after a few months. I called their customer service and waited on hold for close to an hour. Eventually I spoke to someone who said they would send a replacement. She instructed me to ship the defective product back to them and to include an invoice for the shipping cost which they would reimburse. The replacement coffee maker arrived and I shipped the old one back with the shipping invoice. Several weeks have gone by but the promised reimbursement hasn't arrived. I've emailed Cuisinart customer service twice but they have not responded. I dread the idea of calling and spending another hour on hold, which should not be necessary.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The lid to my food processor broke in August of 2017. I ordered a new lid and by the end of September the order was still processing. I emailed the company and was told that the lid was on back order and would not be available for two to three weeks. On November 4th after still not receiving my lid I emailed again. They did not respond in the time frame that they set (24-48 hrs) so I called them and a very nice young man explained that I called the wrong department and gave me the correct number. I called and the agent told me that the part had come in and I had not received one and that the part is again on back order and it would be two to three weeks!!

In the process she gave me the name of another company that could fill my order. I looked at the other company's website and learned that my lid had been discontinued and that the new lid would not fit my bowl. I will need to also need to order a new one, and a new pusher as well. The total for this purchase is over $120.00! A whole new machine costs $190.00! My real concern is that Cuisinart at no time told me this was a problem and I found it easily on an outside website. They never once contacted me with updates. I had to contact them. I am now waiting for a phone call from them that I requested on Sat November 11th that was supposed to take 48 hrs. I am extremely frustrated with the customer service of this company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Purchased Cuisinart coffee maker bean grinder model Fourteen months ago. Hotplate overheated and had an acrid odor. Called Cuisinart and spoke with Valerie. They sent out a new coffee maker with a prepaid return label. You simply can't beat them for warranty service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I do like Cuisinart coffee makers for their strong hot coffee, but this DCC-2800 coffee maker is not one of them. The lid design is very bad, two small plastic molded pins with springs is ready to broke at any time. I had two of those coffee makers, and in both cases those pins did not survive 12 months. Cuisinart refused to replace the last one (their 3 years warranty is one-time courtesy replacement, and you need to send the broken unit back).

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I bought this coffeemaker at JCPenney about 2 months ago. The machine works fine but inside the glass window where the clock shows, there is a worm living there, probably since we got it and never noticed it. I have been calling JCPenney and Cuisinart back and forth. When I call JCPenney, they either don't answer the phone or they leave me in hold. When I called Cuisinart the first time, they told me to call back another day because their system was down. I waited a couple of days and I called again. I was told again to call back because the system was down but that they were going to replace it. I called again today and they told me that they cannot replace it because it not a malfunction!!

I explained to the lady that there is no way that a worm got inside there in the store. It had to had come from the factory because that part of the unit is completely sealed and there is no entryway. She said that the only thing I could do was send it back to the warehouse and pay for the shipping. She said she didn't guarantee that they were going to replace it. If they were to replace it, I would have to pay other than the shipping another $10 for them to ship it back to me??! I got so mad. What kind of customer service is that! Worse of all, what is going on inside their products?! I told her that how was it possible that they couldn't replace it or at least pay for the shipping if in case the warehouse was to replace it, she said, "IS THE COMPANY POLICY".

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

The bitterness of a poor product lingers long after purchase. I have experience with three Cuisinart products in three separate homes: mine, my son’s and his mother-in-law’s. All three products failed in their essential purposes, to work, make coffee or grind beans. All had electrical failures if not hazards. Mine, a coffee grinder, went up literally in smoke and failed to work a year after purchase. Going up in smoke, to me, is a fire hazard. The second and third were 12 cup coffeemaker\grinders programmable units. One failed electrically to grind but made coffee, rendering 50% of the unit lost to use. The other failed to make coffee while the grinder worked. That unit also went up in smoke right after making coffee, the owners smelled “melted plastic” and they quickly unplugged the unit; also an electrical hazard and dangerous.

My experience strongly suggests Cuisinart, although charging premium prices, makes an inferior if not dangerous product. I gave the 3rd unit as a wedding gift which now has cheated me of both significant $$$ but the pleasure of giving a quality gift providing continuing value. The Cuisinart products, in my experience, do not have long-life expected use; they fail of their essential purpose – to work. Rather, the three products ended their useful lives in a hazardous and dangerous way, without warning, going up in smoke (literally) or melting or failing electrically.

Forewarned = forearmed, absolutely, “buyer beware” of an inferior product but also a potentially dangerous and sudden failure, without warning of useful life of the Cuisinart product. Cuisinart customer service was “institutionally indifferent” and thus, customer “no service” would apply... I asked for an “escalation” of my complaint to a supervisor or person in a position of authority. The service representative blocked the referral and refused to comply. Cuisinart doesn’t care about service. Their actions, by omission and default say there are plenty of customers, service doesn’t matter. P.T. Barnum notion comes to mind, “There’s a sucker born every minute.” My purchase of Cuisinart made me feel like a “sucker” – I spent a lot of money for a poor, inferior and potentially dangerous product.

I should have read reviews of Cuisinart online – first hit on a internet search, “Cuisinart reviews“ showed as #1 hit = 674 reviews of Cuisinart and a single star rating on this website: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/cuisinart.html. Cuisinart products are expensive. I assumed buying a premium product would yield long life and quality service; I was wrong. We, all three of us have an expensive paperweight \ book ends... Thankfully, going up in smoke or smelling melted plastic did not have any worse outcomes than a product turning itself into consumer junk. You, the reader may not be as fortunate or lucky in just getting cheated – your outcome buying Cuisinart product may be worse than just a product failure.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Cuisinart's customer service sucks. We were given a pot and pan set for our wedding nearly three years ago. They had either a 10 year or lifetime warranty, I cannot remember which. In April, I contacted the company to ask about having two pots replaced due to them having small pits that were beginning to rust. I was told to send photos. After inspecting the rest of the pots and pans closer, I found they all were beginning to do this! I had only ever used the proper cooking utensils on them so it was nothing that I'd caused. I was approved by them looking at the photos the very end of April / early May for a new set. They told me to mail a $15 check to cover the shipping. I sent this end of May. They cashed it middle of June.

I gave them approx 8-10 weeks to ship them. So beginning of this month I emailed to get an update since I'd not received anything and was told that I needed to have them re-evaluated, that they cannot approve it over email anymore, and that I needed to either send new photos or send my set to them through the mail. They also told me I needed to send them a check for $15 again!!! I was quite upset and told them I'd already done so and was approved. They messaged me back and once again repeated that I needed to send a check and the pans to them. So after THREE emails back and forth saying that I had already sent them the check and they had cashed it, along with photo proof of it from my bank stub, yet they still argued with me, I threatened the company and told them they were liars and thieves.

I finally got an email that it was being sent to someone higher to evaluate the issue??? So the new person checked it over and told me it was a miscommunication and my pans were being sent out and to expect them within 7-10 days. I messaged back and asked for a tracking number and where they were shipped to? I never got a response. Here 15 days later, I asked again where they were since I've yet to receive them and please may I have a tracking number and I was answered with "please give more time, there's been a delay in shipping."

Literally that's all. No answer to my question on tracking. No specifics on when I could possibly receive the pans. I'm not holding my breath that I'm gonna even receive these. I think once again it was put off and forgotten and thats why there was a "delay". Again, Cuisinart customer service is HORRIBLE!!! #cuisinart #badservice #cantbetrusted. UPDATE: This morning I received an update as to where they were going to be shipped and told they cannot give a tracking number since they've not been shipped to me yet!!! I'm furious and will be reporting to the BBB!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Bought a Cuisinart Supreme Grind Auto Burr Mill for grinding coffee beans. It broke shortly after the one year warranty. I contacted Cuisinart and they refused to do anything. This grinder cost $59.00+tax. This Company is the worst! They would not even consent to my returning it to be repaired. Now I am left with $59.00 book end. The Government should hold Cuisinart responsible considering the voluminous number of complaints for their low quality products!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

This company is truly the worst ever, and that takes some effort the days. They offer zero support, and their service is a joke. It borders on fraud. I place an order in July for replacement parts for a good processor, and now in August I have nothing. No notice, and I have been on the phone on hole for now, 48 min. Do not buy their products.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a Cuisinart toaster oven and needed a replacement part. I paid for a new part along with shipping and still waiting on my online order to be shipped. I emailed the company and was promised a 24-48 hour response. I received no email back to me about my order. I called several times to check on my online order status and was ignored. Finally after 18 minutes on hold, I was told by the representative that my part was on "back order". I placed my order 35 days ago!!! I now have a toaster oven in my kitchen that I cannot use NOR do I even know when my part will be in.

With 2 day shipping available in this day and age, I am so confused why it is taking my online order to be complete past 30 days! Unacceptable customer service and shipping was not even waived after waiting 35 days or who knows how long for my online order to be complete and shipped. I will not recommend anyone to purchase Cuisinart nor I am purchasing any future products for any of my friends or family members.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We received this brand new Cuisinart food processor for Christmas in 2016. After 5 uses, the chopper broke. Apparently, this is a common problem, so common that they had to do a recall on some models. Therefore, they ran out of choppers. It is now the end of July in 2017 and the replacement choppers for this model are still on back order, they cannot be gotten anywhere for any price, and this $200 + food processor is unusable and unreturnable. And Cuisinart says that they have no idea when the replacement choppers will be available. DON'T BUY A CUISINART if you want to USE a food processor. Only if you want it to sit in a corner collecting dust. Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

If you are a real, cook who uses their kitchen daily, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO! I believe this product works fine for non-cooking women who own designer kitchens. Sure it looks pretty on the counter, but when the spatula meets the bowl it just does not cut it. This Cuisinart food processor stopped turning on with 6 months to go on the 3-year limited warranty period. Something to do with the switch connecting with the bowl attachment. It is actually a very poor design because the whole functionality of the unit predicates on the bowl/lid/plunger parts. Meaning that the part one uses the most (attaching and unlatching the bowl) is where the power source is. I knew as soon as I open the gift that the location of the power source in the handle was going to be a problem. I was right.

Cuisinart customer service looked up the model number and attempted to tell me it was no longer under warranty. I had to prove them wrong by ordering a receipt from the credit card company the gift was charged to. This took a week. Then Cuisinart informs me they DO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING AND I HAVE TO INCLUDE A 10.00 CHECK FOR RETURN SHIPPING COST! Really? The cost to ship this heavy monstrosity was a whopping $35.00! Therefore, I am into this repair for 45.00! I should have returned the gift and bought a Black and Decker or similar for a fraction of the cost, as it would probably still be working! I will never purchase another Cuisinart product again. Poorly designed, poorly made, they break and the cost to repair is absurd!

Original review: July 22, 2017

I have a Cuisinart Toaster that lost its pull down button due to falling apart. They of course have no replacement so they have advised I buy a new one. It work perfectly so why would I want to buy a new one? So disappointing. I do not waste well and to me this is just a waste. I have always been a Cuisinart fan but this is making me question them as a company.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The broiler pan and grill for Cuisinart Toaster / Convection Oven TOB-195 rusts as soon as you put it in dish water or the dishwasher. I have begged them to come up with an alternative, but they don't seem to care. I have now purchased about 4 broiler pan / grill combinations from them and they have all rusted. Of course, I am very hesitant to cook food on a rusted broiler pan. If I can't find an alternative then I can't use the broiler feature on my oven.

Original review: July 20, 2017

POPCORN MACHINE EXTREMELY BAD QUALITY AND NOT CHEAP - We just bought a popcorn machine from Cuisinart, in Pottery Barn in Coral Gables Miami. After two weeks using a little. The plastic start to crack in both sides and for sure soon the inside pan will falling and the machine is useless. Extremely bad quality and I send an email to Cuisinart with many pictures showing the problem but seems they do not care about customers. Beware of this products.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have a Cuisinart blender and recently had trouble with the motor smoking a bit with use after I'd washed the base. I did not submerge it but did rinse it under the faucet as briefly as possible so water likely got it, in small amounts. I wrote to ask if this was likely the cause, was it a concern, did I do damage etc. I was looking for information and feedback about the product. The customer service reps replied with no information but rather questions about where/when I purchased the unit.

We agreed this was not a warranty issue so I repeated my question. They said they had no idea b/c they weren't the repair department, and weren't in the same location as the repair department (!!!) and they couldn't ask. (???) I followed up, expressed frustration at not having my question answered, they suggested I mail my blender in to have a look. I JUST WANTED SOME INFORMATION from someone who had knowledge of how the motor might respond to water. Sadly poor service.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Cuisinart coffee maker just stopped working after about 1 year. No problem, I thought. I have a warranty - since it was my 2nd C Coffee maker. I was diligent about filling out the warranty card & registering. So, I called Cuisinart since there is no way to access warranty claims on their website. After calling twice - getting transferred I was finally informed that warranty cards are only for marketing info only and I should go back in my bank records to find original receipt and then mail the coffee maker back for another coffee maker for them.

Really? Who keeps a receipt for over 1 yr on this type of thing. I made 2 mistakes here: #1 buying another Cuisinart Maker after first one stopped working and #2 wasting my time trying to get Cuisinart to make this right. Why bother to fill out a warranty card with date and place of purchase if they will not honor their "limited warranty". What a shame that their customer loyalty/service sucks so badly. I am shocked and surprised by their level of incompetence and concern about their customers.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I have been waiting for my replacement blade (food processor) since Dec.16, 2016. You replacement promise multiple dates and changes those dates for delivery. I keep suggesting that you replace the whole unit if you can't get blade. I think being inconvenience for over 6 plus months is ridiculous. I didn't ask you to wait 6 months to cash my check when I purchased the unit. Your service is horrible... to say the least. I have purchased all Cuisinart products for my newly remodeled kitchen and I'm so unhappy with your company I'm ready send them all to a garage sale and replace them with another brand. I deserve better service for a loyal customer. Your service stinks and I feel your high end product and not so high end. Actually your service is very low end!!!

You can locate my account by my name. Your recall line has found my recall order this way and you will see what I'm talking about. The lack of production gives me the impression that you company is not as financially sound as one would think otherwise. 6+ months would be more than sufficient to receive a replacement. These are the facts of my personal experience in dealing with my recall experience with Cuisinart. My unit in total should be replaced if this part is not available.

Original review: July 7, 2017

About 3 weeks ago, I called Cuisinart Customer Service to inquire about how to fix my 6 month old single serve coffee maker which could no longer be plugged in without tripping a circuit breaker. The gal I spoke with said that the unit was still under warranty and could be replaced free of charge. She indicated the replacement unit would be slightly different because they no longer made the one I currently had. After a while, she informed me that she had placed the order for the new unit to be sent to me and explained that I would have to pay for the return shipping of my old unit. I asked when I could expect to receive the new unit and she said 7 to 10 business days.

Three weeks went by and I had not received the new unit or any correspondence, so I called to check on the status. The gal I spoke to, after waiting for 20 minutes, looked up my file and came back and said. "Oh I see why you haven't received the replacement unit. Didn't the gal who originally set this up for you, tell you that the replacement unit she was sending was on back-order." I said no and no one had call to tell me either. She then told me that they were not able to make outgoing phone calls so no one could have notified me. I asked when I could expect to receive the back-ordered item and she said she had no idea. I asked if a different unit could be sent and was told absolutely not. and there was nothing else they could do. I asked to speak with her supervisor.

After another 10 minutes on hold, I spoke with another gal who was supposed to be a supervisor. She told me there was nothing she could or would do to satisfy me. She said my case was sent to "Corporate" to see if anything could be done or if they knew when the back-ordered items were expected to be received. I asked if I would be notified by her unit or "Corporate" and was told that neither she nor "Corporate" could call or email me. She suggested I call back in a couple of days to see if there was and new information.

I asked to speak with her boss or for phone numbers for someone in "Corporate" and she refused to give me any additional information. Eventually, she said she had done all that she could for me and ended the call. I will go tomorrow and buy a new coffee maker which I would have done the day I originally called if they hadn't said they were sending a replacement. It will not be a Cuisinart. I will never buy another product from that company again and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I purchased this coffee pot (Cuisinart DGB-650BC 10-Cup Grind & Brew) last August (11 months ago) and then in the past two days when I've made coffee I have had a burning plastic smell. I looked on this site and realize others have had similar complaints. The company is sending another coffee pot and I will have to PAY to send their faulty product back! How is it possible that a coffee maker that catches on fire isn't a problem for a company?! Does someone have to die in a fire caused by one of your products for you to fix this problem, or recall faulty expensive appliances? This coffee maker is almost $200. I had a coffee pot that cost me less than $25 last me almost 20 years. What the hell!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I received a can opener for Christmas 2015, which would make the can opener 2 years old. The warranty on it was 3 years but of course when I contacted customer service they said the serial number was out of warranty. No chance the unit sat on a shelf for a year, or maybe old stock wherever they bought it. Either way I customer service rep. said "We will fix it for free", another said they would send me a part for free and then "Oh sorry you're out of warranty so you're out of luck". Poor communication skills, poor customer service and obviously they do not stand behind their products. Shame on them. I will never buy their products again and I will tell as many people as possible how much they stink. All over a $45 product. Stupid.

Cuisinart expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

• Best for: those who need a basic blender or a blender/food processor combination.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information

www.cuisinart.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use