Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I purchased Cuisinart motorized toaster (auto up and down). Does not toast as good as the cheaper toasters. By this I mean at #7 (highest number it toasts) very very light. I sent it back and was told it would be replaced in 5-7 business days. It is a month now and I still have not received the replacement. I have called on 4 occasions with no results. On each call I waited an average of 25 minutes before I spoke to a customer service representative who could not tell me anything. My next step was to contact them online and once again they stopped responding to my inquiries. The bottom line is cuisinart wants your money, and “The customer be damned".

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Purchased the supreme grind burr grinder on 5/19/19. Had to return it on 7/10/19 because it stopped grinding. Second one stopped grinding on 12/22/19. I’d give it zero stars if I could. Cuisinart will only replace and make me pay $10 to send the cord back. Really don’t another piece of crap!!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My 2nd dcc-1200 coffeemaker in 4 years & the LAST. I had my Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffeemaker for 3 1/2 MONTHS. I did my normal routine of making a pot of coffee this morning. After the pot was finished brewing, it made a popping sound. The sound was much like the noise it makes if there is moisture on the bottom of the glass server, but much louder. The machine started smoking and filled the kitchen with burnt electrical smell. The whole machine was smoking and you could tell there was a fire starting inside of it. I rushed it out to the patio where it took about 7 minutes for it to stop smoking. Good thing I was home.

After an Internet search, it appears this is NOT an isolated occurrence (consumeraffairs.com). Kudos to Amazon for giving me the option of going through Cuisinart company for the warranty OR returning it to Amazon for full refund. They want the machine returned for their investigation regarding the fact that other Cuisinart coffeemakers have done the same as mine.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Purchased an Automatic Breadmaker CBK-100 Series. A couple months later, the pan has started to leak through where the paddle is attached, leaving an icky mixture of flour, water, yeast, etc. congealed in the bottom of the breadmaker itself and coating the underside of the pan where the paddle comes through. When I tried to clean it last time, the entire paddle attachment popped out of the pan and will not go back in. It also bakes this gross mixture anytime the machine is used.

I contacted Cuisinart customer service on 9.20.19, explained problem, sent pix including model/serial #, etc. They wrote back on 9.25.19 asking for model/serial number (sigh) and my mailing address, so I provided both. Then... nothing. No response. Wrote on 10/2, 10/7, 10/17 and today 11/4 asking for an update. Zero response. I've tried to call the customer service line but wait time is always over 20 minutes. Extremely poor customer service, combined with faulty product = won't every give Cuisinart my money again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was going to make coffee this morning as usual. I noticed that the warming plate is already starting to lose paint. I have seen complaints about this happening before. But this coffeemaker is only 5 or 6 months old!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I drink coffee daily, at least one 12 cup pot. As coffee started to brew this morning I heard a clicking sound but then it stopped. When done brewing I started to smell burning plastic. Smoke was coming from behind the maker and from hot plate. I unplugged it immediately. I called Cuisinart customer service. Because I had no receipt the best they could do was offer a 20% discount on a new maker. Declined the offer as this was in use only 2 months and would think the product was defective and will not chance it happening again. The customer service rep was nice but the outcome was unsatisfactory. Because I have a variety of Cuisinart products that I’m happy with I am deeming this product defective with just cause.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We bought this can opener last year. Right from the get go it was glitchy. Now it doesn't open cans anymore. I wrote to Cuisinart customer service about this and they did not reply. If the quality of basic items like a manual can opener is this poor, I can't imagine how terrible their higher ticket items could be. Also goes for their customer support.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We have had a Cuisinart Air Fry toaster oven for about a year. Yesterday the knob for the 'toast' function broke. I emailed Cuisinart about finding a replacement knob, and was told that no replacement knobs could be purchased: I would have to buy a new oven. This is sheer corporate arrogance and greed. I WILL buy a new oven, and it WILL NOT be made by Cuisinart.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Please DO NOT BUY the single cup coffee pot brew combo! It is the worst product I have ever purchased for my kitchen, in my 52 years. It is way more expensive, but I don't mind paying a little more for a good brand. If you select an 8 ounce single cup, once in a while you get 8 ounces, usually 6 or less. It also puts lots of grounds in your coffee. You absolutely cannot use planet friendly coffee pods, the maker explodes them. I used Keurig for years and was very satisfied, however I wanted a combo with a pot in case of company. I wrote the company after about 1 month of trying to get the thing to work, and occasionally it does brew a nice cup. The company never wrote back to me.

Resolution response: Nov. 24, 2019

I was sent a replacement - same model coffee maker. I am aware that the same thing will probably happen with the hot plate so I will monitoring it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is to notify anyone that has purchased a DC-1100/BK coffeemaker that they check the bottom of their heating plate for corrosion. You must turn the coffeemaker over to find this out. We clean the top of our heating plate with a wet paper towel only per the instruction manual. Granted that our machine is now 5 years old, but I really don't know when the corrosion started. All I can is that we looked at the bottom our coffeemaker yesterday and it disintegrated in my hands. There was nothing left except for flakes of corrosion. I am assuming that this is a fire hazard.

I called Consumer Affairs at Cuisinart and asked if any recall has been issued on this model and they said no. I told them I didn't want to go buy another machine like this one unless they have fixed this problem. The representative was very helpful and said that this part has not been re-engineered so they obviously "don't know" there is a problem with it.

My complaint alone won't help this situation. If we want them to do a recall of this part on this coffee maker then the consumer should provide documentation - purchase date and proof of purchase, and description of problem (I suggest a picture of the problem also). You can call (800) 726-6247 and ask for Consumer Affairs. I hope that others call so that they fix this problem. I am very grateful that I checked this yesterday because not having a solid base on the bottom of the machine could have started a fire.

Cuisinart expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

• Best for: those who need a basic blender or a blender/food processor combination.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information