Cuisinart

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The lid becomes clogged. Even with regular cleaning the lid continues to clog. Coffee disperses outside of the thermal pot all over kitchen counter. I am aware of 3 other people in last 6 months with same issue. I have an email stream with Cuisinart customer service. Each new agent does not pay attention to prior emails treats each response as a new issue. I have also written Julia **, Cuisinart Marketing VP two months ago. I have had no response. Ready to purchase a Bunn coffee maker.

I sent this letter to Cuisinart three weeks ago and have not heard from them. Online, hundreds of complaints have been posted about their poor quality products. Was your sale of their coffee makers a one-time event, or are you relying on Cuisinart as a regular supplier? If you are, you should think again.

"I have been referred to you by one of your Customer Service representatives regarding an outrageous shipping charge relative to returning a defective Cuisinart Coffee Maker. That coffee maker was model CBC-6400PC which I purchased a few months ago at Costco, so it was still under the 3-year Limited Warranty. The defect was that the clean light came on continuously.

"I went through the standard return authorization process, paying $10.00 for what I considered my responsibility for returning the unit, although the CSR person did not identify it as such. She didn't specify the charge at all, but I paid it with my credit card. I brought the coffee maker into UPS and learned that they had no arrangement with your company to reverse the charges. For me to ship the coffee maker back to you was over $31! I was outraged that you would leave me in such a position, in addition to the $10.00 I'd already paid. In a subsequent phone call to your CSR, I complained that your return policy intentionally hid the return shipping charges. I asked to be connected to someone who could waive the shipping charges. I was told that was possible, but not to expect anyone to pick up my transferred call for 30 to 40 minutes. At that point I hung up. Then I searched for the warranty policy in the owners manual.

"Your printed warranty statement (page 10) clearly states your return policy, as follows: 'To facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return, please enclose $10.00 for shipping and handling of the product, along with proof of purchase.' My return is to cost me $10.00, an amount I had already paid to initiate the process. Bottom line: The only justifiable resolution to this matter is that you authorize UPS or USPS to pick up the coffee maker from me and return it to you at your cost. I will take no further action until I hear from you."

Right around the Christmas Holidays, Cuisinart announced the recall for the food processor blades. Dating back to many years. I contacted and registered for a replacement blade immediately and I haven't been able to use the appliance since for fear of the danger it potentially can cause. It is 4/27/2017 and I'm still waiting for the replacement blade. Meanwhile, they're accommodating new sales and raking in tons of money, while my family is inconvenienced with a potentially dangerous threat directly related to their product.

I paid a good price for this item and I think they should have corrected the problem immediately. I have friends who I entertained over the years who have been placed in a dangerous situation by simply eating the food I prepared with this product. They should provide everyone affected by this problem a brand new top of the line Food Processor, simply for the inconvenience and danger it threatened. I will never buy Cuisinart again. They could care less for their customers.

Recently, my wife and I have been noticing the hot water side of our coffeemaker has been turning on by itself several times throughout the day and night. Because of this, we now have to unplug the machine so it does not burn out the heating element or worse, start a fire when we are not home. I contacted Cuisinart Customer Service and was told because the device is out of warranty (3 months out of warranty) they will not do anything about it. I told them this is a fire hazard and believe it is a product defect direct from the manufacturer. The rep would not budge and said if they replaced all the appliances that are out of warranty, they would be out of business. Apparently they do not stand by their product and don't care if they lose returning customers. Neither do I.

So I purchased a juice extractor and I didn't open it or use it till I moved to my new house. It stopped working while I was using it for the first time. I called the customer service And they refused to replace the item or to return. I told the lady that I was willing to pay extra bucks for repair and shipping but she just refused! Although I was going to buy all my new house appliances Cuisinart and the kitchen gadgets, now I won't! It is just not worth it, why should I care for a business who doesn't care and listen for its customers needs!!! And what is a juice extractor besides their huge business!! It won't affect their company!! This is not how customers treated Cuisinart! You are losing your reputation by making crappy appliances which stop functioning after 1st use!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Purchased coffee maker (COD-6000PCC) Nov. 17/2015. Item has 3 year warranty. After 1 year 2.5 months, unit stopped working. Went through troubleshooting and determined there was a factory defect. Called Cuisinart Feb. 6/17, left message, name, phone number. Feb. 10/17, in the absence of a reply, sent email with issue details, and that it was not feasible to ship unit due to probable damage, asked for local repair depot. Mar. 15/17, email response stated unit had to be returned from Edmonton to Ontario for "assessment" and possible repair or replacement. Apr. 2/17 email sent that I shall not ship for prior stated reasons. Very unhappy with product and lack of customer service. Cuisinart obviously counts on customers not wanting to ship for the same reasons as I, in effect nullifying the "warranty". DO NOT BUY CUISINART COFFEE MAKERS.

Stay away from their products... if you want to keep your sanity. I have a dcc3400 coffee maker that I purchased 2 years ago (still under warranty). Need to replace the coffee filter holder (easy part. Very common. Right?) Wrong!!! After speaking with parts/Customer service twice and then a supervisor... to this date still no filter holder (a mere $4 or $5 item). Get this... they keep telling me it's a new item and that's why it's not in their "system". Keep in mind I purchased this 2 years ago!!! One bs line after another!!!

Very unfair to blame the people. It's the corp folks that need to be replaced. They dont have a clue about their product line and parts. I'M giving them one more chance to get me a filter holder or IM invoking the warranty. IM never going to buy a Cuisinart product again. Why. Too much of a pain in the butt to deal with. Not worth the aggravation!!! Too many other choices out there.

I looked up contact info for customer service online. The first number I called was the wrong one. They gave me a correct number. I wanted information on which coffee maker to buy and had three basic questions. The person who answered the call could not answer the questions and put me on hold for the first two. She was very equivocal with her answer to the first question. She came back with wrong information on the second. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said no, that I would have to call back and talk to someone else, but not a supervisor. This was not an option she told me. She asked me several time for the model number of the my coffee maker even though I said several times that I did not own one yet and needed help deciding which one was right for me. She could not answer the final question and declined further help. I guess the answer is - buy a different brand of coffee maker.

I filed a complaint for a Cuisinart convection toaster oven that I bought in Jan, 2017. Couple months later, lot of the print on the buttons started to fade or come off. After a few email exchanges, this is what I got at the end. "Valued Customer, Thank you for your inquiry. Under the manufacturer's warranty, we cover manufacturer's defects; unfortunately, dissatisfaction is not something we can cover. Sincerely, Roger"

Have a Cuisinart Smart Stick 1 speed hand blender that I purchased at Costco. It stopped working and I wanted to just purchase the motor "stick" again. Having to throw the chopping and whisking attachments in the trash or recycle (if possible) seemed like a crime. So I got online to purchase the stick alone. I soon saw that they had upgraded to a 2 speed model, and couldn't find a source to purchase a stick alone. So I called Cuisinart customer service to ask the question and learned that they did not make the new 2-speed model interchangeable with the old parts, even though the new model comes with the same 2 attachments. Very disappointing when companies do this to sell more products with no regard for the environment. Cuisinart is off my consumer list, and I hope you will take it off of yours too. I am by no means a crazy environmentalist, but this is a no brainer!!!

I filled in the online request last January to receive a new knife blade. My model is defective and some of the metal has already chipped. Cuisinart has informed me I should receive my knife blade in June. Five months without a working food processor! I suspect they want consumers to sign up for the replacement blades asap to absolve themselves of the liability of cooking with metal parts that can chip off into food.

I would give customer service from Cuisinart a 0 if it was a choice. My coffee maker was still under the three year warranty when it broke at the beginning of February, 2017. I phoned Cuisinart and was told to send it back and they would replace it. I sent a copy of my bill and the machine on February 7, 2017. It cost me $60.00 in shipping but I wanted it to be replaced quickly. I did not hear a word from Cuisinart.

When I finally got through to a live person at Cuisinart on March 10 they said it had been received March 2nd. I double-checked with UPS and they confirmed it had been delivered February 14th. Cuisinart stated March 10th that it would take 7-10 days to send the new machine. It is now March 21st, 2017 and there is no sign of the coffee maker. It is impossible to get through on the phone lines. I shouldn't have to pay for my own shipping and it shouldn't take two months to replace an item. I have always been happy with Cuisinart products, but this experience makes me seriously question buying from them in the future.

I have a recalled blade, and it says do not use. The first time I responded to their recall online in Nov. 2016, I waited weeks with no response. On 1/11/17 I called the 800 # for the recall, got a Ref. # with the person on the phone this time. So I wait many more weeks, and today 3/19/17 I call to get my status on the new blade. They tell me it will be sent in June! This is ridiculous, I had just bought it two months before the recall. Bought it to replace my old one that lasted 10 years. How can they expect people to wait 8 months, with no food processor? Now I have to go buy another one because I'm not going to wait till June! Guess what... It WILL NOT BE A CUISINART!

I purchased the Cuisinart Griddle 5-in-1 in December 2015 from Best Buy. I registered the product the next day activating the lifetime warranty. For the past three (3) months, the griddle plates no longer fit tight. There is a greenish liquid that comes from the back of the plug-in cord, and it is not heating like it once did. I sent an email to the Cuisinart customer service online February 22, 2017. They asked for the model and serial number which I provided. They then asked for the receipt or something showing I had purchased the item. Of course, I no longer have the receipt, and if I were to ask for a canceled check from my bank, this would be a fee I am not willing to pay. The warranty states lifetime. I would think they have some data somewhere as to where they can look at the information when I registered the product.

I file a complaint with the BBB and Cuisinart stated they never received my email. I replied to the BBB to get the matter resolved, and I am still waiting to hear back. I am so disgusted with the lack of care from Cuisinart customer service as they do not stay behind the warranty of their product. I will never purchase anything else with this brand as I am experiencing they do not care about the customer.

If I could give a zero, I would. My work bowl, work well cover with supreme widemouth feed tube, stem adapter, and the dicing kit materials all broke on my first use. I had submitted information for warranty in the site so I emailed their customer service. They recommended that I call, but over the span of a week and calling at various hours, the wait time was always 45+ minutes and the recording recommended submitting over email.

My first email was January 27th and with about 30 emails, I finally received the replacement today (March 11). I opened the package and ONLY the work bowl is included in the package. None of the other items are in the box. Do not purchase from them! This day in age, most companies have made customer service a breeze. Cuisinart costs a lot, which is great, but when the product breaks on the first use, I expect an apology, free shipping with new products and not having to pay shipping on the replacement items. If I could give a zero, I would.

I returned a k cup coffee maker in the beginning of January 2017, cause it stopped working. It was still under warranty. They sent me another machine right away about 7 days. I used it for less than a month and the new coffee machine broke down and ran water all over my counter. I called and told them what happened. They said they will replace it and give me a new coffee machine. Again it will take 7 to 10 days to ship. All was good until last week when I called and ask where's my coffee machine. They said it's still waiting to be shipped. Now this is over a month I'm waiting now. I ask why it hasn't shipped. They don't know but it will ship, so I called them today again.

This time besides waiting 45 mins to talk to someone, I finally got to talk to someone. I ask where's my coffee machine, gave him the order number, he seemed lost and with some silence. I ask "is every ok," he said "yea hold on." He puts me on hold, after another 5 min, after being on hold, he tells me were back ordered, but now it will ship cause he changed the shipping label and now will ship within 7 to 10 days and to check my tracking order, within the next day or two, he said it's coming in from Arizona. I ask "why don't you call them and ask why it wasn't shipped before?" He said "it's just a warehouse for shipping." I said "they don't have a phone?" He said no. Really? I should have been told this long before I called the first time, and was not told the first time I called, they don't know what they're doing and service has gone down badly. I had to buy another coffee machine to fill in for my replacement.

I filed my request for a new blade for the Little Pro Plus Cuisinart blender due to a recall. That was in Dec. 17, 2016. They have acknowledged my request and a few days ago, they wanted me to call up their 1800 472 7606 service #. I did and got connected to a machine that asked me to go online. Tomorrow will be March and until now I have not received my new blade. Very bad service, inefficient and inconsiderate. I would give it a zero.

Cuisinart recalled the blades on many of their food processors. They informed me that I have to wait 8 months for a replacement. The operator had no acceptable response for my expression that this was unacceptable and unfair, she just said, "sorry." It seems outrageous that the company can get away with simply recalling the blade when consumers have to wait 8 months for a replacement. Effectively we all have to go out and purchase a new appliance, causing a boon to the company. I asked if the company was offering discounts for new machines to affected customers. The supervisor didn't even have the courtesy to respond directly, just told the original agent to tell me "no." The agent seemed embarrassed by the response and her company.

Thumbs down Cuisinart. I hope there is another company who manufactures these. I will never purchase Cuisinart again, bad customer service on the blade and very poor phone response. Is there a consumer watchdog agency that follows this and shouldn't the agency that forced the recall force the company to a better, more effective and fair response?

Wish I had looked up reviews before I purchased Cuisinart product. I have a defective mixer. They want you to do all the work for their problem. You pack the product. You pay to ship BOTH WAYS. You wait for their evaluation all the while you are without the tool you bought. Most companies I worked with send you a new model, then you use their box to send the defective one back prepaid postage. I'll save you some time cuisinart, I'm throwing this garbage in the can and avoiding cuisinart brand products. It seems to be the only way I'll come out ahead in this transaction.

I would give this 0 stars if possible. I purchased this Toaster Convection oven in November of 2014. This oven has a three year warranty. The problem with the oven is that the heating elements became curved. I called in mid December 2016 to get a warranty replacement. They took my information and told me that I would have to pay $10 for the shipping, and I would have to ship back the defective oven at my expense.

January came and no oven. I called again and they gave me several excuses. A week and a half passed and no oven. I called again. They said that they would ship it. A week later (late January), I got a package, but much to my disappointment, it was a Keurig coffeemaker. I called once again, and spent more time on hold and on the phone with them, and they told me that they would email me a shipping label and send me the oven. Long story short, weeks go by, and no oven, and no label. I called them again and told them to forget the oven, because I spoke to the retailer that I purchased it from, and they have agreed to take the oven back, after I told the retailer about the ordeal I have been through. I waited another week, and still no label. I called again and this time, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was on the phone for a total of 1 hour and 28 minutes.

I finally lost my patience with them after multiple phone calls, totaling at least 6 hours, because the representative informed me after I asked, that even though it was not my fault that they sent me a coffee maker instead of an oven, I could not get a refund for the $10 that they charged me for the shipping. This is ridiculous. They are unreasonable! I finally received the label, and today I sent it back. But when I arrived home, there was a box there. They sent me the OVEN, even after I told them not to! Worst customer service.

Do yourself a favor to avoid the aggravation that I have been through. Do not buy anything Cuisinart! Additionally, I also had a mini prep food processor that the blade was breaking, even though it was only 10 months old, and it was not covered under the recall, and a coffeemaker that I bought my daughter that quit working in less than a year. No more Cuisinart for me!

I have had this unit for 3-4 months. I use it every day. I clean it every day. I run vinegar and water thru the machine every other week but despite all these here is my problem and to make matters worse Cuisinart treating me with disrespect and ignoring me. So I get up one morning brew my coffee, dispense a cup, add cream, drink half the cup in the dimly lit kitchen. I walk to the bathroom with the coffee to begin getting ready for work and notice 4-6 dead fruit flies in the coffee! I went back to the kitchen feeling sick. I just drank bugs and confused where they came from. I dump out the cup and get another, it happened again!!! So I took out the coffee reservoir, dumped it out, took a flashlight and shined it in the reservoir, at this point I puked!

There is a compartment inside the reservoir that houses the dispensing mechanism, basically to protect it. Well there is a very small opening that you can see in if you tip the reservoir the right way and shine a light on it. In this area that does not come clean it's impossible to clean, literally, this is where I saw 2 maggots and stuck to the sides and bottom dead flies!!! I contacted Cuisinart 5 times, yes 5. The letter I received was simply insulting saying that somehow bugs got in it! No they GREW IN IT! Basically this coffee reservoir design was not well thought through and is full of bacteria and bugs!! Don't buy, stick with a regular pot you can properly clean. I will never buy Cuisinart ever again. Horrible service and unsafe product. This is not the end now I am pissed!!

Cuisinart Dec. 2016 Blade recall-- HORRIBLE UNTIMELY RESPONSE. Dec. 14, 2016 - made an online request for recalled blade replacement. Dec. 22 received an auto BS reply "soon"-- I wrote asking "WHEN?", and got "working hard for you" but was given NO DATE. Wrote back (cservepop@conair.com) asking for DATE and on Jan. 2 got email saying, "So sorry, it was the holidays-- 2-4 weeks after the new year, you will get a new blade." It is now 4+ weeks after that email. (I wrote back to them again today.) Don't hold your breath... worst recall response ever. 50+ days into their Blade recall... and NO BLADE, no email update. NO MORE CUISINART PRODUCTS FOR ME.

The worst experience I have had in memory with customer service reps and hold time. 50 minutes so far and telling to resend the same info I have sent 3 separate times already. I will never buy Cuisinart products ever, ever again.

I’d originally written to Conair about the blades being cracked on our CFP-11BCPC Cuisinart Food Processor. They immediately responded advising there was a recall re. the riveted blades, and promised to replace the blades. They are so backlogged that it will be weeks before the blades arrive. In the same initial email I advised the motor shaft cover was split and would also need replacement. As they didn’t address the issue in their first response, I wrote a second time. They quickly responded, apologized and asked that I reply with the color of our unit plus model and serial numbers of our unit, (I'd already included the model and serial numbers in my first email).

I immediately responded with same and waited several days for a response. The company never wrote back. I attempted SEVEN MORE TIMES over subsequent weeks. Nothing. I even wrote to their marketing department, to an email address provided on their website, advising I was about to lodge a complaint. They didn’t respond either. Bottom line: Conair is a failed company. The average customer means nothing to Conair. Their one-star rating on this website tells you all you need to know.

I bought this item because it was manufactured by Cuisinart but I was disappointed. It was working for a few years but less than 5 and the carousel stop working. Also, as the years go by the heat was not working as it usually did.

I am now on my third DGB-700BC Grind & Brew Coffee. I purchased the first a little over a year ago. It failed after about 5 months and was replaced free of charge under warranty. The replacement has failed after about 6 months and was also replaced under warranty. This time, Cuisinart charged me $10 shipping for the replacement and requires I ship back the defective unit. After pricing shipping cost, the cheapest I could find was $40 for ground shipping. I called customer service and complained but they were unwilling to provide a shipping label for return. Said I would be billed for new unit if I did not return defective one. So, I am forced to spend $50 total to replace a $169 unit under warranty no less! If they want the defects back, they should pay for it! This is an insane way to treat a customer if you care at all about your brand.

In looking at more reviews around the internet, I found numerous issues similar to mine. That is, the heating element fails and it no longer will brew. I suspect that they have a problem with the thermal fuses which blow too easily. I don't understand why their engineering and product design folks don't fix this issue since many people seem to be having it and presumably most of those units are being returned to Cuisinart for examination. I will not be buying any Cuisinart or Conair products in the future and would warn others to stay away from them as well.

I have been trying to get a replacement for my dual station coffee maker since before Christmas 2016. The single-serve side stopped working after only two months. I have been given the run-around about getting a replacement. I was told initially that the warehouse was closed until the beginning of January. I have had to call 3 times, and each time I am told that they are shipping me a new product, but on subsequent calls, I find out that no action had been taken on my warranty replacement. The latest customer service rep told me that I have to return my product first, then in about 35 days, I'll get the replacement. That is absolutely unacceptable. I never had that experience with a Keurig coffee maker. I will not buy any Cuisinart products in the future.

My SmartPower blender was still under warranty when the "cutting assembly" blade broke (the black spinner broke off). Upon calling in I was told that an entire new unit would be shipped to me (blender, cups, blades, everything) and I would have to return my old unit with $10 to cover shipping. However, after reading reviews online I called again to confirm there would be a return shipping label. I was told that my warranty was "limited", and that the $10 actually covers shipping for the product to reach me. I should include the $10 check and pay for subsequent return shipping of my old product. I am extremely frustrated because shipping the old unit will cost around $22, totaling $32 for this one blade replacement while the entire unit costs $50. Beware of their hidden shipping fees, even under warranty.

If I could give Cuisinart 0 stars I would. I've owned 2 Cuisinart knives and both only worked one time. When I used them the second time it wouldn't even turn on. These were not the bottom of the line knives. So, after the second knife broke, I decided to contact Cuisinart and tell them of the situation. The representative was extremely rude, sarcastic and disrespectful on the phone, which I certainly didn't appreciate. All I was offered was a 20% coupon to purchase another knife. I can tell you, I will NEVER purchase another Cuisinart product. Most of their products I owned have been JUNK. There are better brands out there that are far more reliable than Cuisinart as well as customer service reps that are far more respectful than the ones Cuisinart has working for them.

BTW, I had called customer service back and asked for a supervisor to explain what had happened with one of their customer service reps. The only response I received from her was that she would check into it. That was her way of putting me off and hanging up the phone. I guarantee she did not check into the situation. I guess that's the answer. If Cuisinart has that caliber of employees working for them, that explains the quality of their products. Very disappointed in Cuisinart. Very disappointed!!!

I brought a pressure cooker since Feb. 16 and had only used it 5 times. It is now stop cooking. I called them regarding it and the customer service rep told me that they will send me the product replacement and I need to send them the old one back with a $10 for shipping. I asked, "Why do I have to pay for that?" She told me that since the product still under warranty, they will pay for the shipping one way to me. The $10 is for me to ship the broken unit back to them. All I need is to put the old unit in the box that I receive the replacement and the $10 check for shipping it back. I asked her so that it right? She said yes and the unit they are sending me would have the return label in it for shipping it back that is why I have to include the $10 in there.

Knowing the pressure cooking is heavy, I made sure I understand it right that $10 I am paying is to get the product back to them. Now I got the new unit but no return shipping label. I called them and they said I have to pay to ship it back. I kept telling them that the pressure cooker is heavy and it would cost more than $100 to ship back that is why I agreed to this in the first place because they said I only need to pay $10 to get the return shipping label to ship back. This is ridiculous. I can't send the old unit back because it cost more than what I would pay for a brand new unit. They lied to me and now I am stuck. I will never ever buy from them again. I will also tell everyone I know what a liar they are in tricking people. They should not be allow to be in the consumer business.

Cuisinart Company Profile