Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I have not had any issues with this Cuisinart Microwave. The turntable is very reliable, just be sure it is placed correctly on the rollers, or it will not rotate. Is easy to clean, suggest putting a cup of water and heat. This will make it easier to remove any food that has splattered on the sides, or top of the inside. The outside is metal, also easy to keep clean, be sure to locate in area that microwave has room on all sides that are not touching for good ventilation.

Original review: July 30, 2020

This coffee maker has a grinder for coffee beans as well as a timer so I can have freshly brewed coffee from whole beans at any time I like. It can be set for anywhere from 4 to 12 cups. It has an automatic shut off which is great for people like me who leave the house and then wonder "did I shut off the coffee pot?" I would prefer it were a bit hotter and a bit stronger for a full pot. A half pot can be made stronger by simply adding extra beans. It can also be used with ground coffee so for those who don't want to keep beans or have a favorite brand that does not offer beans so it really is very versatile at a moderate price range.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I've had this coffee brewer previously and it lasted about 8 years, which is why I repurchased it. May be a tad more pricey than others, but well worth the extra money. The one thing that I strongly like about this coffee brewer is that the coffee is actually HOT when it finishes brewing and brewing doesn't take very long. I've had other brands prior (Mr. Coffee) and they can't compare. Highly recommend this brand.

Original review: July 27, 2020

This review is for the 12C + single cup maker. I love the fact that if I only want a single cup I can get it or on days when I'll be home I can brew a pot and bring the insulated carafe with me. The other helpful aspect is that in "those" mornings where I really need help getting going, I can drink an entire pot (ready when I get up, of course) and then grab a single "to go" cup as I'm out the door.

Original review: July 26, 2020

It is a good coffee pot overall but there is a design flaw in the carafe. When you pour at a normal angle, coffee spills out on the counter. Unless you pour the coffee out very slowly and gradually, you are making a huge mess. We have to keep napkins underneath to soak up the spilled coffee. Without exaggerating, about a half a cup of coffee is wasted because of it. But everything else is good.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I bought the Cuisinart coffee bean grinder at William Sonoma. It worked great for a year and a half. With no warning, it just stopped. I know quality is crap these days even for good name products, but I would expect at least a few years for junk from China. $32 or so dollars was not worth less than 2 years of use. Don’t be fooled by the name. Just get cheap junk and replace it every year. It is the same as depending on a “good” name in our present economy.

Resolution response: June 7, 2021

The company (Cuisinart) sent me a refurbished replacement for me, I appreciate that, I am happy with their service. Thanks again. Sam

Original review: May 25, 2021

I purchased my food processor 1-1/2 year ago and now it’s defective, has no power and I the blade has rust all over it, I tried to send emails no reply. I tried to call no luck. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. Thanks.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I Bought Cuisinart 4-Cup Work Bowl, after 6 months the product didn't work, motor and wire burn out. Defective product, bad service, DO NOT BUY CUISINART. SCAM!!!! Cuisinart would not exchange the product, bad services, rude. Poor customer service.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Terrible customer service! Product was damaged unbeknownst to me prior to purchase. Called for parts replacement (2 of the 4 legs were damaged - fork lift possibly??). Instead of "let me help you" I was told "It's very difficult to do since you bought it 6 months ago (late fall) and didn't open it until now". "You can buy the parts.." Um, no! It was bought and kept in the box in the garage. Opened for spring as NJ weather stinks in Fall/Winter. In either case, no more Cuisinart parts in this home! Called for supervisor and was told by the rep that they will review the call... Uh? WTF!

Original review: March 6, 2021

I bought a 14pc knife set a year ago. Three knives have broke at the handle due to rust. This is unacceptable for a product that is supposed to last many years. When contacted the company, they offered to replace one of the knives although this is a faulty product that was known to present issues in multiple reviews. Stay away from their knife sets unless you have money that you do not know how to spend otherwise. Even in that case, there are other ways to throw your money away.

Cuisinart author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information