Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

How many of you wash your kitchen utensils? Well, Cuisinart uses metal that will either rust or break. The scissors in their knife set rusted (less than a year) at the pin and the scissors fell apart, they say they don't cover rust! The knife in the same set cracked close to the handle while crushing garlic. I bought their blender years ago, after having to over liquify my food to get it to blend, I switched to a KitchenAid and I can actually make flour out of oats! Who knew! I am done with Cuisinart, they do not stand behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

This was a 99$ ice cream maker, Gelato, yogurt and slushy maker. Really excited to get until I confirmed flaw. Predrilled screw hole open to base where electric motor housed. No plug or screw.. Agent confirmed defect but said it should be fine. I said no due to moisture erosion bound to happen to motor. So the said cut the cord and send a pic of cut cord. Really hated doing this to something they could have fixed by sending the part. Long story short. Sent the pic, they confirmed received. It's been almost a month and still waiting for replacement. :(

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I bought my wife a $429 32 bottle wine chiller for Christmas. It's 9 months later and the fans stopped working. Contacted Cuisinart and was told that they won't do anything due to the product being discontinued. Called and emailed multiple times and they literally won't do a thing. It's not even a year old. They then proceed to tell me they will give me 20% any single item I desire. Are you kidding me. You offer a 3 year warranty and don't even honor it. Stay away from this company if you can. They make nothing but garbage, disposable, crap!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I had to have it replaced twice for the main side of the coffee maker not working. Since I bought it there has always been issues with the pod side. Even with the replacement ones. It steams all over. It makes a mess after it is done making the coffee for just plain water for tea I have to clean up the counter it just spits water all over the place. Then there are times that it only makes a 1/4 or 1/2 a cup.. I tried getting my money back but since I didn't buy it directly from them they will not refund it just replace up until the warranty expires. I feel there is an issue with it.. If everyone I got did the same thing. I even cleaned it the way they say to. It does not make it better. Nothing was clogged. I will not buy another coffee maker from them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I purchased the Air fryer and it stopped working within a few months, the company replaced the item as it was still under warranty. The replacement item also stopped working, the company was contacted and they refused to replace the second item even though it was only eight months after being replaced. Messages were left for the manager to contact me but they did not. This item is a fire hazard and could cause fire in your home. Do not purchase this item. The company does not honor their obligations. Think before making any purchases of this brand.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Horrible plastic smell and taste while brewing and drinking coffee. I have run it through 109 times, plain water, with vinegar, with coffee grounds. It is toxic. Plastic smell and taste just as strong as first day. Avoid! Waste of good money. Deserves no stars.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I bought the Cuisinart coffee bean grinder at William Sonoma. It worked great for a year and a half. With no warning, it just stopped. I know quality is crap these days even for good name products, but I would expect at least a few years for junk from China. $32 or so dollars was not worth less than 2 years of use. Don’t be fooled by the name. Just get cheap junk and replace it every year. It is the same as depending on a “good” name in our present economy.

Resolution response: June 7, 2021

The company (Cuisinart) sent me a refurbished replacement for me, I appreciate that, I am happy with their service. Thanks again. Sam

Original review: May 25, 2021

I purchased my food processor 1-1/2 year ago and now it’s defective, has no power and I the blade has rust all over it, I tried to send emails no reply. I tried to call no luck. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. Thanks.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I Bought Cuisinart 4-Cup Work Bowl, after 6 months the product didn't work, motor and wire burn out. Defective product, bad service, DO NOT BUY CUISINART. SCAM!!!! Cuisinart would not exchange the product, bad services, rude. Poor customer service.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Terrible customer service! Product was damaged unbeknownst to me prior to purchase. Called for parts replacement (2 of the 4 legs were damaged - fork lift possibly??). Instead of "let me help you" I was told "It's very difficult to do since you bought it 6 months ago (late fall) and didn't open it until now". "You can buy the parts.." Um, no! It was bought and kept in the box in the garage. Opened for spring as NJ weather stinks in Fall/Winter. In either case, no more Cuisinart parts in this home! Called for supervisor and was told by the rep that they will review the call... Uh? WTF!

Cuisinart author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information