Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

731 Cuisinart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

Once Cuisinart was a great company. Well-made, innovative products. Now, Chinese crap. My machine - FP14 I think - is in for the second failure. It costs $53 to UPS it to Arizona. It's been 12 days since I first called them (and they received the machine earlier). Each call is the same "They are looking at it. Call back in three days". I asked about e-mail - they don't have it! So I can just sit on hold. Last time the "free" repair cost about $22 - for a "seal". The motor might be guaranteed for life but don't expect that to mean "fix free when it fails". I know this is difficult - the product is everywhere. Had a great reputation. I have not looked into other brands of food processors. But I strongly recommend everybody stay far away from Cuisinart. Far away.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Had this unit for 16 months. Twice it failed. Returned first unit. Paid 70,00 UPS charge. After 3 months second unit failed. Replaced under warranty but best price shipping $65.00. Contacted customer service requesting prepaid label. They said, “No way.” Informed that $135.00 total shipping plus $200.00 unit cost Is excessive. Told tough luck. That was their policy and if I did not return they would void my warranty. My response, "Do you think I would do this for a third time?" Cuisinart is on my DO NOT BUY list.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a new Cuisinart 8 cup food processor that would not operate when plugged in. I sent an email but received no response so called. The customer service rep told me they did not have that model number even though I was reading it from the manual and checked it on the unit. Finally they asked me to plug it in and go through a few tests. It ran when I poked a button with a pen like they said and I could lock the bowl in it not when the chute was attached. I could either lock the chute to the bowl or the bowl to the unit but not both.

She suggested I watch YouTube but I kept telling her that was not going to help. It did not fit right. Finally they could send me another bowl set to see if that worked but I would have to send the other one back at my expense! What a warranty! Don’t bother buying this and if you do make sure you totally check everything right away. Customer service is bad and there does not seem to be a management organization. I think this actually owned by another company.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The Cuisinart CFP 16 processor is less than 2 years old. The plastic drive shaft of the food processor broke while grating cheese so now I cannot attach a blade. The shaft screws onto the motor and is easily replace by removing 9 screws. Customer service will not sell me a new part. I must ship the entire processor across country at my expense, include return shipping fees, and they will tell me how much it will cost to repair it. Why can't they just sell me a new part? It will cost so much to pack and ship this thing, and then pay for the part that it's cheaper to just throw it away. What an ingenious way to avoid the responsibility of replacing defective products! What a total waste of our precious resources. I'll never buy the brand again.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My Cuisinart TOA-60 Oven is defective so contacted Cuisinart and they sent me new oven (warranty replacement) and told me to use same packaging to return defective unit. They also told me to enclose $10 to cover shipping of replacement oven. I took defective unit to UPS and due to size of box and return address, it will cost $94 to ship defective unit to CUISINART and that is the least expensive option!! That is more than half of what I paid for the oven!! Contacted CUISINART telling them I refuse to pay that much to ship defective unit and they will not absorb the cost. Terrible to demand customer to assume shipping cost for defective product!! I will never buy from them again nor will I return the defective oven. They can come get it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: March 28, 2019

Do not buy the above product. The viewing window for this kettle has a defect. Ours broke with a few months of receiving the product as a gift. When I researched and learned it to be known manufacture's defect, I emailed Cuisinart Customer Service. They did nothing to resolve the matter or offer a replacement. If food is recalled, we can take it to the store to get a refund. I would think a big company like Cuisinart would do the same to stand behind their brand. Not true. I will not buy Cuisinart products again and will not recommend the brand to others. See similar reviews: **.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Cuisinart: I will never buy another appliance from them! The electronic panel on this new Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker is not functioning: it registers EMPTY when I have filled both water and beans; it registers CLEAN when it is clean; and it does not go on except in the programming mode, i.e., ON does nothing. In addition, it makes THE WORST coffee I have ever had. Cuisinart customer service does not answer emails and, as I am writing this, the "customer service" technical rep has not picked up the phone after 30 minutes of wait-time. This company, wonderful for giving us the Cuisinart, has definitely gone down the drain.

Original review: March 22, 2019

$200 coffee maker which after 3 years began leaking significant water from the base. Hoses in coffee maker are cracked and upon calling customer service they state that they do not sell replacement parts. Lesson learned, I will not purchase from this company. Appliance was nice while it worked.

Original review: March 20, 2019

2nd defective lid on Cuisinart Pro Custom 11" ( DLC 8) - I seldom use a food processor, but when the recall for the blade was issued I took it out to inspect the blade to see if it was in the recall. After removing the blade I replace the lid and the plastic piece on the lid that depresses the plunger on the rear of the bowl snapped off rendering it inoperative. When calling in the recall for the blade, I ordered a replacement lid for about $34.00. That took me about 2 hours on the telephone. The replacement blades arrived about a month later, and the lid didn't arrive until about about a month after the blade... Approximately 8 weeks for delivery of a purchased item.

Once the lid arrived I unpacked it and briefly tested it on the processor for fit and function. Everything seemed to be correct. The next time I go to actually use it it won't start. A cursory inspection shows that the plastic piece on the lid that depresses the plunger (the same piece that broke off on the original lid) is bent to where it doesn't contact the plunger sufficiently to operate the switch for the motor. Apparently they replace a component that was so brittle that it breaks after use with a component that is so malleable that it deforms the first on the first or second use.

Another call to Cuisinart warranty and after about a half hour they are able to find my purchase of the lid in their system. They are sending a replacement, claiming it will arrive in 8 to 10 days... And I was informed that they want me to send the defective part to some place in Arizona but they are not going pay for the return shipping. Really??? The customer agent I spoke to on the phone was polite and as helpful as possible. But their product is flawed, their customer service is understaffed and their return policy that requires the owner of a defective product not only be inconvenienced but pay for a return of a defective item is ludicrous.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My fiance and me purchased a Cuisinart espresso machine for around $200.00 at a Superstore and upon opening it the next morning in excitement to make our own coffees at home we discovered it was missing pieces and it was used! When we went to assemble the machine with the portafilter had mold on it and was clearly an old machine which we were beyond disgusted with!! We have emailed Cuisinart consumer & customer service which we received one response after a few days asking questions which we already provided in our initial email! We are seriously disgusted with the lack of service or care for their product, I am not sure how any company would want their customer service to run that way. It has been almost over a week and still no response. Such a waste of money and the worst experience to date with a so called 'customer service' department.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I bought a Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven for my wife in Dec 18 and it has yet to heat correctly. Over the last 2 to 3 weeks, via the Cuisinart website, I have twice written them about the problem and have had no response. Also, my email direct to their customer service has gone unanswered. The problem is that it heats about 75 degrees hotter than the dial setting. Of course this burns the food. This is my first experience with Cuisinart and likely my last. I do not recommend this product nor do I recommend Cuisinart due to their dismal customer service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have 4 kitchen appliances, a ice cream maker, rice maker, grinder & chop & grinder. The Quality of the goods are excellent. The after sales service is second to none 5 year guarantee. What more could any cook ask for. Perfection.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have purchased many a coffee maker in my time and this DCC-3200 model meets all my demands! My last Cuisinart was great except the end of brewing alarm was just that... an ALARM and no way to shut the darn thing off which wakes up everyone in my 3000 sq ft home!!! Very annoying! This one allows me to turn it off. Very smart for Cuisinart! I got the Stainless & Copper model and it looks beautiful in my kitchen. Easy programmable for clock & auto program to come on at 4am with NO beeps! Keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hour and has a brew strength... Wonderful!!! So far I love this Coffee machine. Did I mention that I also purchased the matching oven!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Purchased a Cuisinart elemental eight processor 10/29/2018. Just open the box on 02/17/2019. It has been sitting in the box for a while now. Took everything out, notice a that I need to order a part because the Emperador was cracked. There is no customer service phone number to call and speak with a human, you have to send a contact form. I sent the model#, but I didn't see a SN# nowhere on the machine or box. They wrote several emails back asking the same question over and over again for a SN#/Model. I ask for someone to call, they wrote back and said that they called twice. I can't sit by the phone and wait for a possible call. Don't expect any help from this company once you purchase their product and I won't again. BE AWARE!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I originally contacted Cuisinart about this, but they have referred me to Best Brands. Just before Thanksgiving 2018, I purchased one of your oven mitts at my local retailer. After less than 2 months of use, your oven mitt has split between the thumb and index finger. Please see pictures attached. This caused my hand to be burned when I pulled a pizza pan out of my oven for my family. I purchased a Cuisinart item because of the long term history and quality of your company and its products. It is now obvious to me that Cuisinart has chosen to farm out its items to a company that produces poor quality. I will now think twice before I purchase another Cuisinart item. It's a shame that a quality company such as Cuisinart is now selling poorly made products to its loyal customers!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

This is the second SS 10 coffee brewer I purchased. Both had problems in a short period of time. The problem was that for no reason it won't stop pumping water out. Plug has to be pulled out. Won't reset. Company has no explanation or fix. Replacement: They charge you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My food processor has a 3 year warranty. In the past year and a few months that I have had it, the bowl and cover and insert have broken 3 times. I called the company in late 2017 and I paid for a new cover. Service was slow. For 4 months now I have called customer service and was on hold for 2 hours, finally hung up. 5 or 6 emails to not only the U. S. email address, but also Canada thinking they might care about their company...no response. Maybe we should all file complaints to our respective attorney generals in our states. They need to be fined for failure to fulfill warranty claims and not answering calls or emails about their defective blades. THAT is a dangerous issue. Of course, we have to remember we are dealing with the Chinese here so it is no surprise...or shouldn't be. My advice to all of you in cooking land...DO NOT buy Cuisinart!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

New coffee maker in service for less than 3 months. Warped lid and hinge prevents full closure. Customer service line is always with busy with "higher than expected call volume". Recorded message directs you to register your complaint on the website and expect a response in 24 hours. Five days later with two website requests now in the system there has been no response. After purchasing a number of Cuisinart products over the years we are done with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We have owned two Cuisinart food processors and both have failed due to broken working bowl covers. In both cases, the cover piece that connects between the cover and bowl allows the processor to rotate at speed. If this connection is not made, the motor will not operate. I have contacted Cuisinart about replacing them (beyond 2 yrs old), however customer service wants to charge me for the cover (out of warranty) and at the same time will provide a new bowl and "pusher" at no charge. I don't need a new bowl or pusher, I need a warranty on this critical plastic piece so that I don't spend an additional $30 every two years. Bottom-line I will not be purchasing any more Cuisinart products.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Buyers, beware! Pretty expensive Cuisinart Chef iA+ pan got badly scratched after just a single use with wooden spatula. Shocking situations to be in, when we invested in expensive pans with healthy ceramic coating. Cuisinart denied the claim, insisting we used metal utensils.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a Cuisinart SS-15 dual coffee maker this December. It was used for the first time on December 19th. This morning, December 28, it experienced an electrical failure and no longer worked. I called Cuisinart Customer support and they told me I would have to pay a ten dollar warranty fee and for shipping to have the unit exchanged. They suggested that I take it back to where I bought it. I took it back, but they refused to exchange it. They would only refund most of my money. After many years as a loyal Cuisinart customer, I am done with them. Their products have obviously degraded to junk and they have no customer service. Do not buy their products.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Updated on 01/12/2019: I last spoke to Cuisinart Warranty Department on 12/21/18 after being told 12/10/18 and charged $10 on my credit card that I would receive a replacement mixer in the mail within 10 days. Then on the 21st I was told that the warehouse was not shipping anything until January 2nd and it will be 2 day priority mailed for the delay. Today is January 11, still haven't received My replacement and on top of that was charged $10 for NOTHING! Cuisinart Warranty Department is a SCAM! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY ARE THIEVES!!! I absolutely will not even look at anything they offer to sell!!! I recommend that you do the same.

Original review: I purchased this mixer from Sam's Club and only lightly used it for 4 months. While mixing mashed potatoes for THANKSGIVING. The left beater quit spinning and it started making a strange noise. Turns out the gear had stripped inside the mixer itself. I called Cuisinart Warranty department and explained the situation and received an apology, along with an expected replacement to be received in 10 business days.

Today is December 21... Called Cuisinart Warranty department to see why I had not received my replacement. Cuisinart Warranty department says to me that the warehouse has stopped shipping anything until January 2nd and they have no control over their policy. So first off I was lied to being told I would receive a replacement in 10 days, and secondly I am left without a mixer to make Christmas dinner. THANK YOU Cuisinart. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN! When you are out of business...be sure to look back regrettably...knowing the mistakes that you have made!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I generally like my Cuisinart toaster ovens even though they don't last that long. The most recent one I have has been working fine till 6 months ago when the bottom rear heater element started bending upwards due to the heat. It is now just touching the lower baking rack. As the the product warranty has expired (2 couple of years), Cuisinart will do nothing to replace the unit, only to acknowledge that the bent element is an abnormal occurrence. Unfortunately, there is nothing else I could do but to replace the toaster oven.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Regarding a Cuisinart waffle maker 3 years old, and not used on a regular basis. Very poor quality, back base has broken. Plastic components have fallen apart. Contacted Cuisinart with no solution or help. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I bought one 3 years ago and the oven elements were not working, broiler was not functioned and I email and called customer service and no response at all. I went to Costco to purchase the same model. Unfortunately exactly same problem was happened. I contact Cuisinart customer service by email/phone and the outcome is the same. There is no response from them (my call was put on hold over an hour).

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I’ve had this pot along with others in the set for several years now. The other day I accidentally allowed a pot to boil dry for only a few seconds. It was on medium heat on my ceramic cooktop. I immediately removed it and cooled it with water. The bottom of the pot actually blistered! It no longer sits flat and I don't feel comfortable using it again. I contacted Cuisinart to ask if the lifetime warranty would cover this. They said NO, only manufacturers defects are covered. If this isn’t a material defect I’m not sure what they would cover... but they certainly made no offer to replace it. After I told them I would share my now low opinion of the quality they said they may reconsider replacing it but I would have to pay for shipping! My view of Cuisinart just slipped several notches.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Simply put, do not buy this. You will regret it. I don’t know how this has a 4.5 star rating on their site. Had mine less than a year before it completely stopped working. Power light won’t even come on. Prior to that it was unreliable. Requires descaling an average of once a month but since there’s no warning light, it frequently just stops working and it takes about 10 run-throughs before it starts working. In the meantime, you waste untold numbers of coffee pods. Construction is also very flimsy compared to earlier models. I’ve switched to Keurig after this.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought a 4.5 Dutch oven which was very nice at first. Went to wash it and the enamel is chipping off the bottom. Got the runaround. Try to call but only getting disconnected in the end and not able to speak with anyone. I have had this pot less than a year.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Arm replacement for an ice cream maker Cuisinart ICE-50BC-MA - First the phone number given on the website gives you the usual go around and once you think it is about to get answer it is disconnect: Sorry try again! Second tries the email CONTACT US... TWICE in 7 days still no answer. Next the part is online so I order it however from the picture you can not see the plug, the one I am looking for is a circular plug, however when receiving the new arm I get a bayonet plug which does not fit. Retaining customers is hard to accomplish, Cuisinart just does not care about you: just shut up, buy and throw away, should be their motto. Anyone knows how to find this part would be welcome news. The CEO does not has a clue what is going on in his frontline!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I owned 2 older model Cuisinart coffee brewers. The first one last for years. I had no problems with it. The second broke after only 2-3 years of use. I now have a new one, model indicated above (DCC-3200). I first thought the program function wasn't working; my husband read all the instructions and figured out how to program it, so that was no issue - also: customer support was very helpful, saying they would send out a new machine immediately; all I had to do was cut the electrical cord of the one had had and send the cord back to the company.

But now the brewer has taken to pooling in the coffee filter and not draining down. Maybe this is because the grind is too fine but I had no such problems with my old Cuisinart models. This thing is just too finicky and difficult. I don't want to get a brand-new coffee-grinder, adding money to money already spent. I'd avoid this in future. In fact I'm going back to my French press, where there are no such issues.

Cuisinart expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

• Best for: those who need a basic blender or a blender/food processor combination.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information