Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

The size and weight makes it very easy to transport. The grill is easy to clean. All in all it does a good, not great job. The flame could be a little better at covering the grill surface. The ignition switch works well.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This has so many uses, not just a grill. It's a griddle, a flat wok and a steamer. I plan to use it in so many ways that I haven't even thought of yet to cook directly out of my organic vegetable garden.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have 4 kitchen appliances, a ice cream maker, rice maker, grinder & chop & grinder. The Quality of the goods are excellent. The after sales service is second to none 5 year guarantee. What more could any cook ask for. Perfection.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have purchased many a coffee maker in my time and this DCC-3200 model meets all my demands! My last Cuisinart was great except the end of brewing alarm was just that... an ALARM and no way to shut the darn thing off which wakes up everyone in my 3000 sq ft home!!! Very annoying! This one allows me to turn it off. Very smart for Cuisinart! I got the Stainless & Copper model and it looks beautiful in my kitchen. Easy programmable for clock & auto program to come on at 4am with NO beeps! Keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hour and has a brew strength... Wonderful!!! So far I love this Coffee machine. Did I mention that I also purchased the matching oven!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We bought this can opener last year. Right from the get go it was glitchy. Now it doesn't open cans anymore. I wrote to Cuisinart customer service about this and they did not reply. If the quality of basic items like a manual can opener is this poor, I can't imagine how terrible their higher ticket items could be. Also goes for their customer support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We have had a Cuisinart Air Fry toaster oven for about a year. Yesterday the knob for the 'toast' function broke. I emailed Cuisinart about finding a replacement knob, and was told that no replacement knobs could be purchased: I would have to buy a new oven. This is sheer corporate arrogance and greed. I WILL buy a new oven, and it WILL NOT be made by Cuisinart.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Please DO NOT BUY the single cup coffee pot brew combo! It is the worst product I have ever purchased for my kitchen, in my 52 years. It is way more expensive, but I don't mind paying a little more for a good brand. If you select an 8 ounce single cup, once in a while you get 8 ounces, usually 6 or less. It also puts lots of grounds in your coffee. You absolutely cannot use planet friendly coffee pods, the maker explodes them. I used Keurig for years and was very satisfied, however I wanted a combo with a pot in case of company. I wrote the company after about 1 month of trying to get the thing to work, and occasionally it does brew a nice cup. The company never wrote back to me.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is to notify anyone that has purchased a DC-1100/BK coffeemaker that they check the bottom of their heating plate for corrosion. You must turn the coffeemaker over to find this out. We clean the top of our heating plate with a wet paper towel only per the instruction manual. Granted that our machine is now 5 years old, but I really don't know when the corrosion started. All I can is that we looked at the bottom our coffeemaker yesterday and it disintegrated in my hands. There was nothing left except for flakes of corrosion. I am assuming that this is a fire hazard.

I called Consumer Affairs at Cuisinart and asked if any recall has been issued on this model and they said no. I told them I didn't want to go buy another machine like this one unless they have fixed this problem. The representative was very helpful and said that this part has not been re-engineered so they obviously "don't know" there is a problem with it.

My complaint alone won't help this situation. If we want them to do a recall of this part on this coffee maker then the consumer should provide documentation - purchase date and proof of purchase, and description of problem (I suggest a picture of the problem also). You can call (800) 726-6247 and ask for Consumer Affairs. I hope that others call so that they fix this problem. I am very grateful that I checked this yesterday because not having a solid base on the bottom of the machine could have started a fire.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Thankfully I was home. I had it for a few years and then this Cuisinart Classic 12-cup programmable coffeemaker was plugged in but not on. It had already been auto-shutoff. The coffeemaker started making hissing/spurting noises which was not unusual. It started "BOILING" the remaining coffee in the carafe then smoldering and smelling like an electrical meltdown shortly thereafter, smoke billowing hot beyond belief. A real fire hazard.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I purchased a Cuisinart small bake and broil toaster oven recently. I had a GE previously for 13 years with no problem. I am "afraid of this one". The first time I broiled a piece of salmon and it was ok. Next night I tried a piece of chicken and the entire thing was smoking and smelled terribly. I turned it off and used my big oven. Tonight, tried to broil salmon again. It started making popping noises and smoking again. Don't buy this product! I tried reviewing the booklet many times and have used the rack in the correct position, but the same thing. I just don't believe it. My other one still worked and I gave it away for this new one that does not work! Help! Does anyone have any suggestions.

Cuisinart expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

• Best for: those who need a basic blender or a blender/food processor combination.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information