3.0/5 (1449 reviews)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: March 15, 2023

Have a coffee maker that stopped working after 2 months so I called customer service. She spoke to me like I was an idiot and told me I must have it on program instead of brew. She made me go through and fill it again and talked to me like an idiot. Of course she was wrong. I have had coffee maker for 55 years so yes I know how to operate one. She was of no help whatsoever and rude. I will not purchase another product from this brand ever again!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

This may seem petty but I needed a new Toaster so did some research and concluded that a Cuisinart 2 Slice Toaster looked perfect. Before I ordered one, I checked to see where Cuisinart was located and GOOGLE revealed they were in Stamford Connecticut, I buy nothing from ANY Californian company or business. I am in New York so figured I 'd have the toaster fairly quickly and subsequently placed an order for one through the Cuisinart website on the 20th of Jan 23. On the 21st Jan I received an email telling me my order had shipped - well, a packaging label for UPS had been made. I checked the tracking details to find out when it would be delivered to see that it was in a place called "Goodyear AZ" - a long way from Stamford Connecticut!

As a result of that, I emailed Cuisinart to find out why the order was in AZ when they were supposed to be in Connecticut. The reply I got was they weren't in Connecticut but a city very very close to Goodyear AZ - Glendale AZ. The email also stated that MY order was shipped from their New Jersey Warehouse. Because of that revelation, I replied asking why on earth the order was in AZ if it was shipped from New Jersey. As of this review, and a second email to Cuisinart to try to find out what was happening, I have heard nothing, which seems to be the standard operating procedure for Cuisinart if you question them OR even ask questions.

In short - how can you trust a company that doesn't even know where they shipped orders from and who can't be bothered replying to customers issues? You can't, and shouldn't. IF you want Cuisinart stuff - buy it from a shop, at least you will know that you will get it. Better still, buy a different brand, there are LOTS out there.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I ordered a part from Cuisinart and payment was made on 12/03/2022 and on 12/04/2022 I received a tracking number displaying "shipping label created". Appx 2 weeks after receiving that notification I reached out to them because the status of the shipment had not changed and UPS had still not received the package. The first person I spoke with told me that my order had been cancelled by myself the day prior, however no phone call was made and my records indicated the same. I made her aware of this and she had very little to say to me beyond that. I called back right after and the person I got ahold of made me aware that it was not cancelled but that instead notes had been made upon my order that were very strange and were not something she had seen before. Before the call ended she made me aware that a manager was to reach out to me in the coming days however no one ever contacted me.

On 12/20 I reached out to them by email once more and they never responded. I then took it upon myself to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing I was going through and sure enough many other consumers described a similar experience with Cuisinart parts. They had like me made Cuisinart aware of their predatory practice of listing things as in stock but when an order was placed nothing was ever sent out. Since my last inquiry into the status of my order one person had responded but went dark after one email. It is currently 1/14/2023 and the product still has not shipped, a month after I had paid for the product with the expectation it would be shipped within 5-7 business days per Cuisinart's own website and I suspect it may never come.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

As a consumer with a bevy of kitchen smallware, I found Cuisinart was excellent at meeting my expectations. Their CS department communicated well, and stood behind their product. A brand I will purchase again. 11 piece anodized pot/pan set.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

BUYER BEWARE...DO NOT BUY CUISINART PRODUCTS!!! I purchased a Cuisinart Food Processor about 3 years ago.. and have used it approximately 6 to 8 times for shredding Cheese... it Rarely gets used. Today the Large shredding Disc broke at the central plastic drive, spewing shards of plastic throughout the cheese.. I contacted Cuisinart and they DO NOT HONOUR OR SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCTS.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Many many emails and general attitude of distrust regarding their product not working. Their agreement to replace the unit would still require up to 3 weeks without a working coffee maker before I would get a replacement.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Worst online ordering site. I have ordered a juicer and they sent me a outdoor grill. Called customer service (which has long waits) and explained the wrong item sent over. Even after 3 months haven't received the refund and when I called again, they said they have start the process again all over to file my refund. Would never recommend to order any items using this site..

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I have completed 2 online forms requesting tracking information for a citrus juicer I purchased and have had no response. There is no actual email address available. This morning I called the customer service phone # and after a long wait, opted for a call back. There was no confirmation once my phone # was confirmed, just silence. I waited for 2 hours then called again. Message was to hang up immediately if I still wanted a call back. I guess they had me in the queue so I hung up. Still no call back. So I called again and waited on the phone.

Customers waiting on the phone are required to confirm they are still waiting by pressing #1 every MINUTE. Or press #2 if you want a call back. Clearly they discourage waiting. It is now 4:30 eastern time, they have closed, and I was unable to make contact with anyone. I've received no confirmation of the purchase by email, or shipping / tracking information even though the purchase was put through on my card.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I bought a set of the Cuisinart Black Matte cookware. Read all of the instructions on proper use. The instructions said not to cook on high. I do not anyway, but definitely not with this set. I have had this set only since 7/15/22 and one pot and one pan already has the bottom coating coming off. I have always heard this was one of the best brands of cookware. I say it's not worth the $300 I paid for it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Excellent food processor and better than all the rest. I have had this for 20 years and use it all the time and it is great. Incredible quality. Don’t even consider another brand! The motor or something should be having trouble by now but it just keeps going.

Cuisinart author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information