3.1/5 (1445 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

BUYER BEWARE...DO NOT BUY CUISINART PRODUCTS!!! I purchased a Cuisinart Food Processor about 3 years ago.. and have used it approximately 6 to 8 times for shredding Cheese... it Rarely gets used. Today the Large shredding Disc broke at the central plastic drive, spewing shards of plastic throughout the cheese.. I contacted Cuisinart and they DO NOT HONOUR OR SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCTS.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Many many emails and general attitude of distrust regarding their product not working. Their agreement to replace the unit would still require up to 3 weeks without a working coffee maker before I would get a replacement.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Worst online ordering site. I have ordered a juicer and they sent me a outdoor grill. Called customer service (which has long waits) and explained the wrong item sent over. Even after 3 months haven't received the refund and when I called again, they said they have start the process again all over to file my refund. Would never recommend to order any items using this site..

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I have completed 2 online forms requesting tracking information for a citrus juicer I purchased and have had no response. There is no actual email address available. This morning I called the customer service phone # and after a long wait, opted for a call back. There was no confirmation once my phone # was confirmed, just silence. I waited for 2 hours then called again. Message was to hang up immediately if I still wanted a call back. I guess they had me in the queue so I hung up. Still no call back. So I called again and waited on the phone.

Customers waiting on the phone are required to confirm they are still waiting by pressing #1 every MINUTE. Or press #2 if you want a call back. Clearly they discourage waiting. It is now 4:30 eastern time, they have closed, and I was unable to make contact with anyone. I've received no confirmation of the purchase by email, or shipping / tracking information even though the purchase was put through on my card.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I bought a set of the Cuisinart Black Matte cookware. Read all of the instructions on proper use. The instructions said not to cook on high. I do not anyway, but definitely not with this set. I have had this set only since 7/15/22 and one pot and one pan already has the bottom coating coming off. I have always heard this was one of the best brands of cookware. I say it's not worth the $300 I paid for it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Excellent food processor and better than all the rest. I have had this for 20 years and use it all the time and it is great. Incredible quality. Don’t even consider another brand! The motor or something should be having trouble by now but it just keeps going.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

My husband ordered a new blade for my food slicer on the internet. I needed it for the weekend so the arrival date was extremely important. The internet said the arrival date was four days after the order which was going to work for me. But the blade never arrived for the weekend and 7 days later it still hasn't arrived. Customer service did not realize that the internet was giving the customers arrival dates. They had no power to reduce the price of the product or to stop the delivery of the product. I spoke to two customer service agents because the while the first (unfortunately rude) agent put me on hold, we were disconnected.

Basically the learning is, Cuisinart is not a company to rely or trust. I have enjoyed the food processor for years. It is a shame that the company doesn't value their customers. Based on the other comments here, I would skip Cuisinart products. Go with a company that makes good products and cares about their customers needs. Next time, I will go to Amazon or Wayfair.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Temperature and timer are not digital and therefore unreliable. I have temperature set at 300 degrees and get 400 degree temperature. What were you thinking? I have multiple appliances from Cuisinart and love them. Every time I use this oven it makes me angry.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I bought a Cuisinart coffee maker three months ago. The coffee maker does not make coffee anymore. I called customer service and they told me it was a pump and they want me to change it. It’s kind of ridiculous that a company wants you to take apart their machine and try to fix it. Will never buy another Cuisinart product. Their customer service is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

How many of you wash your kitchen utensils? Well, Cuisinart uses metal that will either rust or break. The scissors in their knife set rusted (less than a year) at the pin and the scissors fell apart, they say they don't cover rust! The knife in the same set cracked close to the handle while crushing garlic. I bought their blender years ago, after having to over liquify my food to get it to blend, I switched to a KitchenAid and I can actually make flour out of oats! Who knew! I am done with Cuisinart, they do not stand behind their products.

Cuisinart author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Cuisinart is a small home appliance and kitchen products manufacturer. It was founded in 1971 and was the first company to introduce the food processor in the United States. Today Cuisinart offers a wide variety of products to make home food preparation simpler and more convenient. It sells bakeware, can openers, blenders, cookware, dinnerware, slow cookers and more. You can buy Cuisinart products at major retailers and on the company’s website.

• SmartPower™ Duet: The SmartPower Duet is a 500W, seven speed blender and food processor. It has a 48 ounce blender jar with a 3-cup food processor attachment and retails for $150.

• Hurricane™ Pro: The Hurricane Pro blender has a 3.5 horsepower engine and programmable memory function. It features an extra large, 64 ounce jar and retails for $400.

• Hurricane™ COMPACT: The Hurricane COMPACT juicing blender has a 32 ounce jar and 8 ounce chopper cup attachment. It’s ideal for making smoothies to take on the go and retails for $100.

• Accessories and parts: You can buy a full line of Cuisinart accessories and replacement parts on its website, including multiple sizes of blender jars.

• Product warranties: Cuisinart’s blenders are backed by limited warranties that last from 3 to 5 years depending on the product. Be sure to register your product on Cuisinart’s website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Cuisinart Company Information