1.46/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

701 Cuisinart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a Cuisinart toaster oven and needed a replacement part. I paid for a new part along with shipping and still waiting on my online order to be shipped. I emailed the company and was promised a 24-48 hour response. I received no email back to me about my order. I called several times to check on my online order status and was ignored. Finally after 18 minutes on hold, I was told by the representative that my part was on "back order". I placed my order 35 days ago!!! I now have a toaster oven in my kitchen that I cannot use NOR do I even know when my part will be in.

With 2 day shipping available in this day and age, I am so confused why it is taking my online order to be complete past 30 days! Unacceptable customer service and shipping was not even waived after waiting 35 days or who knows how long for my online order to be complete and shipped. I will not recommend anyone to purchase Cuisinart nor I am purchasing any future products for any of my friends or family members.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We received this brand new Cuisinart food processor for Christmas in 2016. After 5 uses, the chopper broke. Apparently, this is a common problem, so common that they had to do a recall on some models. Therefore, they ran out of choppers. It is now the end of July in 2017 and the replacement choppers for this model are still on back order, they cannot be gotten anywhere for any price, and this $200 + food processor is unusable and unreturnable. And Cuisinart says that they have no idea when the replacement choppers will be available. DON'T BUY A CUISINART if you want to USE a food processor. Only if you want it to sit in a corner collecting dust. Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

If you are a real, cook who uses their kitchen daily, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO! I believe this product works fine for non-cooking women who own designer kitchens. Sure it looks pretty on the counter, but when the spatula meets the bowl it just does not cut it. This Cuisinart food processor stopped turning on with 6 months to go on the 3-year limited warranty period. Something to do with the switch connecting with the bowl attachment. It is actually a very poor design because the whole functionality of the unit predicates on the bowl/lid/plunger parts. Meaning that the part one uses the most (attaching and unlatching the bowl) is where the power source is. I knew as soon as I open the gift that the location of the power source in the handle was going to be a problem. I was right.

Cuisinart customer service looked up the model number and attempted to tell me it was no longer under warranty. I had to prove them wrong by ordering a receipt from the credit card company the gift was charged to. This took a week. Then Cuisinart informs me they DO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING AND I HAVE TO INCLUDE A 10.00 CHECK FOR RETURN SHIPPING COST! Really? The cost to ship this heavy monstrosity was a whopping $35.00! Therefore, I am into this repair for 45.00! I should have returned the gift and bought a Black and Decker or similar for a fraction of the cost, as it would probably still be working! I will never purchase another Cuisinart product again. Poorly designed, poorly made, they break and the cost to repair is absurd!

Original review: July 22, 2017

I have a Cuisinart Toaster that lost its pull down button due to falling apart. They of course have no replacement so they have advised I buy a new one. It work perfectly so why would I want to buy a new one? So disappointing. I do not waste well and to me this is just a waste. I have always been a Cuisinart fan but this is making me question them as a company.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The broiler pan and grill for Cuisinart Toaster / Convection Oven TOB-195 rusts as soon as you put it in dish water or the dishwasher. I have begged them to come up with an alternative, but they don't seem to care. I have now purchased about 4 broiler pan / grill combinations from them and they have all rusted. Of course, I am very hesitant to cook food on a rusted broiler pan. If I can't find an alternative then I can't use the broiler feature on my oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: July 20, 2017

POPCORN MACHINE EXTREMELY BAD QUALITY AND NOT CHEAP - We just bought a popcorn machine from Cuisinart, in Pottery Barn in Coral Gables Miami. After two weeks using a little. The plastic start to crack in both sides and for sure soon the inside pan will falling and the machine is useless. Extremely bad quality and I send an email to Cuisinart with many pictures showing the problem but seems they do not care about customers. Beware of this products.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have a Cuisinart blender and recently had trouble with the motor smoking a bit with use after I'd washed the base. I did not submerge it but did rinse it under the faucet as briefly as possible so water likely got it, in small amounts. I wrote to ask if this was likely the cause, was it a concern, did I do damage etc. I was looking for information and feedback about the product. The customer service reps replied with no information but rather questions about where/when I purchased the unit.

We agreed this was not a warranty issue so I repeated my question. They said they had no idea b/c they weren't the repair department, and weren't in the same location as the repair department (!!!) and they couldn't ask. (???) I followed up, expressed frustration at not having my question answered, they suggested I mail my blender in to have a look. I JUST WANTED SOME INFORMATION from someone who had knowledge of how the motor might respond to water. Sadly poor service.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Cuisinart coffee maker just stopped working after about 1 year. No problem, I thought. I have a warranty - since it was my 2nd C Coffee maker. I was diligent about filling out the warranty card & registering. So, I called Cuisinart since there is no way to access warranty claims on their website. After calling twice - getting transferred I was finally informed that warranty cards are only for marketing info only and I should go back in my bank records to find original receipt and then mail the coffee maker back for another coffee maker for them.

Really? Who keeps a receipt for over 1 yr on this type of thing. I made 2 mistakes here: #1 buying another Cuisinart Maker after first one stopped working and #2 wasting my time trying to get Cuisinart to make this right. Why bother to fill out a warranty card with date and place of purchase if they will not honor their "limited warranty". What a shame that their customer loyalty/service sucks so badly. I am shocked and surprised by their level of incompetence and concern about their customers.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I have been waiting for my replacement blade (food processor) since Dec.16, 2016. You replacement promise multiple dates and changes those dates for delivery. I keep suggesting that you replace the whole unit if you can't get blade. I think being inconvenience for over 6 plus months is ridiculous. I didn't ask you to wait 6 months to cash my check when I purchased the unit. Your service is horrible... to say the least. I have purchased all Cuisinart products for my newly remodeled kitchen and I'm so unhappy with your company I'm ready send them all to a garage sale and replace them with another brand. I deserve better service for a loyal customer. Your service stinks and I feel your high end product and not so high end. Actually your service is very low end!!!

You can locate my account by my name. Your recall line has found my recall order this way and you will see what I'm talking about. The lack of production gives me the impression that you company is not as financially sound as one would think otherwise. 6+ months would be more than sufficient to receive a replacement. These are the facts of my personal experience in dealing with my recall experience with Cuisinart. My unit in total should be replaced if this part is not available.

Original review: July 7, 2017

About 3 weeks ago, I called Cuisinart Customer Service to inquire about how to fix my 6 month old single serve coffee maker which could no longer be plugged in without tripping a circuit breaker. The gal I spoke with said that the unit was still under warranty and could be replaced free of charge. She indicated the replacement unit would be slightly different because they no longer made the one I currently had. After a while, she informed me that she had placed the order for the new unit to be sent to me and explained that I would have to pay for the return shipping of my old unit. I asked when I could expect to receive the new unit and she said 7 to 10 business days.

Three weeks went by and I had not received the new unit or any correspondence, so I called to check on the status. The gal I spoke to, after waiting for 20 minutes, looked up my file and came back and said. "Oh I see why you haven't received the replacement unit. Didn't the gal who originally set this up for you, tell you that the replacement unit she was sending was on back-order." I said no and no one had call to tell me either. She then told me that they were not able to make outgoing phone calls so no one could have notified me. I asked when I could expect to receive the back-ordered item and she said she had no idea. I asked if a different unit could be sent and was told absolutely not. and there was nothing else they could do. I asked to speak with her supervisor.

After another 10 minutes on hold, I spoke with another gal who was supposed to be a supervisor. She told me there was nothing she could or would do to satisfy me. She said my case was sent to "Corporate" to see if anything could be done or if they knew when the back-ordered items were expected to be received. I asked if I would be notified by her unit or "Corporate" and was told that neither she nor "Corporate" could call or email me. She suggested I call back in a couple of days to see if there was and new information.

I asked to speak with her boss or for phone numbers for someone in "Corporate" and she refused to give me any additional information. Eventually, she said she had done all that she could for me and ended the call. I will go tomorrow and buy a new coffee maker which I would have done the day I originally called if they hadn't said they were sending a replacement. It will not be a Cuisinart. I will never buy another product from that company again and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I purchased this coffee pot (Cuisinart DGB-650BC 10-Cup Grind & Brew) last August (11 months ago) and then in the past two days when I've made coffee I have had a burning plastic smell. I looked on this site and realize others have had similar complaints. The company is sending another coffee pot and I will have to PAY to send their faulty product back! How is it possible that a coffee maker that catches on fire isn't a problem for a company?! Does someone have to die in a fire caused by one of your products for you to fix this problem, or recall faulty expensive appliances? This coffee maker is almost $200. I had a coffee pot that cost me less than $25 last me almost 20 years. What the hell!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I received a can opener for Christmas 2015, which would make the can opener 2 years old. The warranty on it was 3 years but of course when I contacted customer service they said the serial number was out of warranty. No chance the unit sat on a shelf for a year, or maybe old stock wherever they bought it. Either way I customer service rep. said "We will fix it for free", another said they would send me a part for free and then "Oh sorry you're out of warranty so you're out of luck". Poor communication skills, poor customer service and obviously they do not stand behind their products. Shame on them. I will never buy their products again and I will tell as many people as possible how much they stink. All over a $45 product. Stupid.

Original review: June 7, 2017

In the past, Cuisinart made the first food processor. It was a great product. Now, everything they make is inferior. I purchased the Contour, Stainless Cookware Set. It is the worst cookware I ever owned. And I cook a lot and have owned many different cookware sets. This set burned, scorched everything, never heated evenly, etc. Came with lifetime warranty. Well it will take a lifetime before they honor it.

After about 2 letters, over 20 emails, numerous phone calls over the course of 3 months, they are finally responding to me by email asking me for pictures over and over, claim they can't open them they aren't in PDF form. I don't even think that they read the emails that they respond to, just send a standard, can't open, etc. Phone calls are a complete waste of time as most of the time is spent on hold only to be told they don't have access to my emails. They also told me that they do not acknowledge any letters, only emails. I finally returned the set and was asked to send a check for $15 plus my cost of shipping which is about $30 spent so far. They are supposed to mail a replacement set within the next 2 weeks. Trust me, I don't want it. I will never purchase another Cuisinart product again.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I ordered parts for a blender, but only half the order was filled. When I emailed them about it, they replied back to call their customer service number, 800-211-9604. After waiting 37 minutes, the woman looked up my order and transferred my call to someone who couldn't help me. He transferred me back to customer service. After 53 minutes I gave up. "To resolve your issue expeditiously, we recommend that you contact us by telephone directly at 800-211-9604. Our hours of operation are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we look forward to assisting you. Thank you." They asked me to call them???

Original review: May 30, 2017

We purchased this coffeemaker in 2011. Fortunately we were home today when it began to melt down. The coffeemaker is beyond warranty however fire should never be an issue and after reading about other fires/electrical meltdowns with this product it is a real safety concern. We have called our relatives to inform them of this danger as we had purchased the same coffeemaker as a gift and they have a toddler.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I've been trying for SIX MONTHS to have a resolution to my issue with Cuisinart's horrible packaging, which resulted in damage to the knives (and myself because of that wretched hard plastic!). I have been calling and emailing back and forth for over six months now, getting different stories from each person, only to be told today, by a VERY rude representative, that they won't replace the item without receiving the original knives back. Trust me, that wasn't the first rude representative. I rarely write negative reviews about anything, so you know this has really gotten under my skin. I will NEVER purchase a Cuisinart product again. Ever. I will let all my friends know as well. UGH!!

Original review: May 16, 2017

Customer Service Department is laughable!! I spent most of my time on hold or more accurately, on "ignore". It took several calls and five months to finally get to the direction from Customer Service to "read the manual." The representative advised that it was my responsibility to pay for the return of my defective bowl. This was after I had already received a replacement. Why would I be responsible to pay for the return of a defective part that had no value to anyone? I was told that this is their procedure. The procedure is ridiculous!!

Original review: May 4, 2017

The lid becomes clogged. Even with regular cleaning the lid continues to clog. Coffee disperses outside of the thermal pot all over kitchen counter. I am aware of 3 other people in last 6 months with same issue. I have an email stream with Cuisinart customer service. Each new agent does not pay attention to prior emails treats each response as a new issue. I have also written Julia **, Cuisinart Marketing VP two months ago. I have had no response. Ready to purchase a Bunn coffee maker.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I sent this letter to Cuisinart three weeks ago and have not heard from them. Online, hundreds of complaints have been posted about their poor quality products. Was your sale of their coffee makers a one-time event, or are you relying on Cuisinart as a regular supplier? If you are, you should think again.

"I have been referred to you by one of your Customer Service representatives regarding an outrageous shipping charge relative to returning a defective Cuisinart Coffee Maker. That coffee maker was model CBC-6400PC which I purchased a few months ago at Costco, so it was still under the 3-year Limited Warranty. The defect was that the clean light came on continuously.

"I went through the standard return authorization process, paying $10.00 for what I considered my responsibility for returning the unit, although the CSR person did not identify it as such. She didn't specify the charge at all, but I paid it with my credit card. I brought the coffee maker into UPS and learned that they had no arrangement with your company to reverse the charges. For me to ship the coffee maker back to you was over $31! I was outraged that you would leave me in such a position, in addition to the $10.00 I'd already paid. In a subsequent phone call to your CSR, I complained that your return policy intentionally hid the return shipping charges. I asked to be connected to someone who could waive the shipping charges. I was told that was possible, but not to expect anyone to pick up my transferred call for 30 to 40 minutes. At that point I hung up. Then I searched for the warranty policy in the owners manual.

"Your printed warranty statement (page 10) clearly states your return policy, as follows: 'To facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return, please enclose $10.00 for shipping and handling of the product, along with proof of purchase.' My return is to cost me $10.00, an amount I had already paid to initiate the process. Bottom line: The only justifiable resolution to this matter is that you authorize UPS or USPS to pick up the coffee maker from me and return it to you at your cost. I will take no further action until I hear from you."

Original review: April 27, 2017

Right around the Christmas Holidays, Cuisinart announced the recall for the food processor blades. Dating back to many years. I contacted and registered for a replacement blade immediately and I haven't been able to use the appliance since for fear of the danger it potentially can cause. It is 4/27/2017 and I'm still waiting for the replacement blade. Meanwhile, they're accommodating new sales and raking in tons of money, while my family is inconvenienced with a potentially dangerous threat directly related to their product.

I paid a good price for this item and I think they should have corrected the problem immediately. I have friends who I entertained over the years who have been placed in a dangerous situation by simply eating the food I prepared with this product. They should provide everyone affected by this problem a brand new top of the line Food Processor, simply for the inconvenience and danger it threatened. I will never buy Cuisinart again. They could care less for their customers.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Recently, my wife and I have been noticing the hot water side of our coffeemaker has been turning on by itself several times throughout the day and night. Because of this, we now have to unplug the machine so it does not burn out the heating element or worse, start a fire when we are not home. I contacted Cuisinart Customer Service and was told because the device is out of warranty (3 months out of warranty) they will not do anything about it. I told them this is a fire hazard and believe it is a product defect direct from the manufacturer. The rep would not budge and said if they replaced all the appliances that are out of warranty, they would be out of business. Apparently they do not stand by their product and don't care if they lose returning customers. Neither do I.

Original review: April 20, 2017

So I purchased a juice extractor and I didn't open it or use it till I moved to my new house. It stopped working while I was using it for the first time. I called the customer service And they refused to replace the item or to return. I told the lady that I was willing to pay extra bucks for repair and shipping but she just refused! Although I was going to buy all my new house appliances Cuisinart and the kitchen gadgets, now I won't! It is just not worth it, why should I care for a business who doesn't care and listen for its customers needs!!! And what is a juice extractor besides their huge business!! It won't affect their company!! This is not how customers treated Cuisinart! You are losing your reputation by making crappy appliances which stop functioning after 1st use!

Original review: April 15, 2017

Purchased coffee maker (COD-6000PCC) Nov. 17/2015. Item has 3 year warranty. After 1 year 2.5 months, unit stopped working. Went through troubleshooting and determined there was a factory defect. Called Cuisinart Feb. 6/17, left message, name, phone number. Feb. 10/17, in the absence of a reply, sent email with issue details, and that it was not feasible to ship unit due to probable damage, asked for local repair depot. Mar. 15/17, email response stated unit had to be returned from Edmonton to Ontario for "assessment" and possible repair or replacement. Apr. 2/17 email sent that I shall not ship for prior stated reasons. Very unhappy with product and lack of customer service. Cuisinart obviously counts on customers not wanting to ship for the same reasons as I, in effect nullifying the "warranty". DO NOT BUY CUISINART COFFEE MAKERS.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Stay away from their products... if you want to keep your sanity. I have a dcc3400 coffee maker that I purchased 2 years ago (still under warranty). Need to replace the coffee filter holder (easy part. Very common. Right?) Wrong!!! After speaking with parts/Customer service twice and then a supervisor... to this date still no filter holder (a mere $4 or $5 item). Get this... they keep telling me it's a new item and that's why it's not in their "system". Keep in mind I purchased this 2 years ago!!! One bs line after another!!!

Very unfair to blame the people. It's the corp folks that need to be replaced. They dont have a clue about their product line and parts. I'M giving them one more chance to get me a filter holder or IM invoking the warranty. IM never going to buy a Cuisinart product again. Why. Too much of a pain in the butt to deal with. Not worth the aggravation!!! Too many other choices out there.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I looked up contact info for customer service online. The first number I called was the wrong one. They gave me a correct number. I wanted information on which coffee maker to buy and had three basic questions. The person who answered the call could not answer the questions and put me on hold for the first two. She was very equivocal with her answer to the first question. She came back with wrong information on the second. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said no, that I would have to call back and talk to someone else, but not a supervisor. This was not an option she told me. She asked me several time for the model number of the my coffee maker even though I said several times that I did not own one yet and needed help deciding which one was right for me. She could not answer the final question and declined further help. I guess the answer is - buy a different brand of coffee maker.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I filed a complaint for a Cuisinart convection toaster oven that I bought in Jan, 2017. Couple months later, lot of the print on the buttons started to fade or come off. After a few email exchanges, this is what I got at the end. "Valued Customer, Thank you for your inquiry. Under the manufacturer's warranty, we cover manufacturer's defects; unfortunately, dissatisfaction is not something we can cover. Sincerely, Roger"

Original review: March 27, 2017

Have a Cuisinart Smart Stick 1 speed hand blender that I purchased at Costco. It stopped working and I wanted to just purchase the motor "stick" again. Having to throw the chopping and whisking attachments in the trash or recycle (if possible) seemed like a crime. So I got online to purchase the stick alone. I soon saw that they had upgraded to a 2 speed model, and couldn't find a source to purchase a stick alone. So I called Cuisinart customer service to ask the question and learned that they did not make the new 2-speed model interchangeable with the old parts, even though the new model comes with the same 2 attachments. Very disappointing when companies do this to sell more products with no regard for the environment. Cuisinart is off my consumer list, and I hope you will take it off of yours too. I am by no means a crazy environmentalist, but this is a no brainer!!!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I filled in the online request last January to receive a new knife blade. My model is defective and some of the metal has already chipped. Cuisinart has informed me I should receive my knife blade in June. Five months without a working food processor! I suspect they want consumers to sign up for the replacement blades asap to absolve themselves of the liability of cooking with metal parts that can chip off into food.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I would give customer service from Cuisinart a 0 if it was a choice. My coffee maker was still under the three year warranty when it broke at the beginning of February, 2017. I phoned Cuisinart and was told to send it back and they would replace it. I sent a copy of my bill and the machine on February 7, 2017. It cost me $60.00 in shipping but I wanted it to be replaced quickly. I did not hear a word from Cuisinart.

When I finally got through to a live person at Cuisinart on March 10 they said it had been received March 2nd. I double-checked with UPS and they confirmed it had been delivered February 14th. Cuisinart stated March 10th that it would take 7-10 days to send the new machine. It is now March 21st, 2017 and there is no sign of the coffee maker. It is impossible to get through on the phone lines. I shouldn't have to pay for my own shipping and it shouldn't take two months to replace an item. I have always been happy with Cuisinart products, but this experience makes me seriously question buying from them in the future.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I have a recalled blade, and it says do not use. The first time I responded to their recall online in Nov. 2016, I waited weeks with no response. On 1/11/17 I called the 800 # for the recall, got a Ref. # with the person on the phone this time. So I wait many more weeks, and today 3/19/17 I call to get my status on the new blade. They tell me it will be sent in June! This is ridiculous, I had just bought it two months before the recall. Bought it to replace my old one that lasted 10 years. How can they expect people to wait 8 months, with no food processor? Now I have to go buy another one because I'm not going to wait till June! Guess what... It WILL NOT BE A CUISINART!

Cuisinart Company Information