3.1/5 (1436 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Cuisinart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cuisinart?

Original review: March 6, 2021

I bought a 14pc knife set a year ago. Three knives have broke at the handle due to rust. This is unacceptable for a product that is supposed to last many years. When contacted the company, they offered to replace one of the knives although this is a faulty product that was known to present issues in multiple reviews. Stay away from their knife sets unless you have money that you do not know how to spend otherwise. Even in that case, there are other ways to throw your money away.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

First off the temp is what you set it at, not like so many others 25-75 degrees low. There is space for two cake pans on different shelves. Will accept 9 x 13 pan, and a 12" pizza. Easy cleaning, and so simple to use, learning curve is short... Cuisinart is living up to its good name on this one. Yes it is not cheap but worth every penny and I love it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Just got my cookware set and after two uses the steamer insert started rusting on the bottom around the holes. After a month of emailing and calling customer service I was finally told the warranty does not cover rust, so what is the point of a lifetime warranty? First I was told they were out of stock, then they tell me they won't replace it now that it's back in stock. The manual says do not put in a dishwasher but yet the website says they are dishwasher safe so someone in the company is confused. I have used it all of two times to steam veggies. I hand wash and dry them but apparently that's not good enough. NEVER BUYING THIS BRAND AGAIN. I highly suggest steering clear of this set or even brand.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I love my Cuisinart 20" with sensor cook and inverter technology. My husband is a big Microwave user who does not like change. He can run this very easily. Wow, what a difference from that old "department store" model.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

This email is to inform you that I purchased a hand mixer and I am returning it as soon as possible. Being a Cuisinart I expected the "Best" but received a product that I wouldn't wish on anybody. A year or so I also purchased a coffee maker that was also not up to par, but wrote it off as a fluke that I received a bad product. Today, after opening my mixer to use ... which I can't use due to a manufacturing defect. I now realize it seems to be an ongoing issue that your company isn't doing anything about. Selling defective products deems to be the way of the world for you. I will not be buying any more Cuisinart products and will advise all my friends and family not to do so in the future. Your products are a very big disappointment! Teresa

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I have not had any issues with this Cuisinart Microwave. The turntable is very reliable, just be sure it is placed correctly on the rollers, or it will not rotate. Is easy to clean, suggest putting a cup of water and heat. This will make it easier to remove any food that has splattered on the sides, or top of the inside. The outside is metal, also easy to keep clean, be sure to locate in area that microwave has room on all sides that are not touching for good ventilation.

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2020

I called again during the daytime Pacific time to reach another agent. This agent was very helpful. She has ordered a replacement unit that will be delivered in a few days time to me. Seems like it is better to call Cuisinart during Pacific daytime working hours. The earlier call was at 5am pst and the second one was at around 2pm pst.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I bought an air fryer toaster oven from Cuisinart. Its baking feature does not work great but overall I was satisfied with the product till it lasted which was less than a year. In about 7 months, the toaster option stopped working. Then 2 months later the product stopped working altogether. Cuisinart claims that it will provide 3 years warranty to the product. However when I called their warranty, I was told that since I did not unplug the product after every use they are going to count it as incorrect usage of the product and not cover it under warranty. Cuisinart's warranty works like an insurance provider that finds ways to invalidate the warranty and blame the customer for the breakdown of the product.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I purchased an automatic coffee maker plus hot water/tea machine. In less than a year my hot plate became rusty and started to peel. I called customer service and explained my situation, showed proof of purchase. Was expecting them to just send me the damage part. To my surprise they sent me a new coffee marker! Worth every penny spent when you have a company that stands behind their product!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I purchased several pieces of Cuisinart as a gift for my daughter, however I purchased 1 8" or 9" top of the line skillet for $50.00, for myself ,since at my age I sometimes do fix me some eggs in it. The last 2 times I have fried 2 eggs in this skillet with canola oil the eggs have stuck so Bad that I had to put dish washing soap in it and allow it to soak overnight just to remove the pieces of stuck eggs. Sent Cuisinart an Email stating the above problem, and was told to take 2 or 3 exact pictures showing stuck eggs and send to Cuisinart. I emailed them back and suggested they do some of the work to help me, since my age 73, does not allow me to do a lot anymore for various health reason's, Cuisinart's response ---was too bad, do it their way or shut-up. My point just be careful purchasing anything with Cuisinart on it, cause they are Rotten.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

TOA-60 Cuisinart AirFryer Oven. I needed a small countertop oven when I moved into a retirement center. My requirements were that I could fit a 12 inch pizza in it, that I could bake bread in a loaf pan, it was in my price range (living on social security). I looked online at all the available options and chose the Cuisinart TOA-60 AirFryer Toaster Oven. When the oven arrived I plugged it in, placed an oven thermometer inside, and set the temperature to 350 degrees. I waited for the temperature to level at 350 degrees but it never did. The temperature kept going up! I tried all the different settings and the temperature would never hold steady. A steady temperature is needed to bake.

I called Cuisinart and explained the problem and they sent me another oven. When it was here I plugged it in and repeated the temperature check. The temp was not holding at a steady rate. It seemed as if there was no thermostat at all. It would just keep getting hotter. Once again I called Cuisinart and they politely said they would send me another one. I asked the representative if I could get a refund and she explained they wouldn’t do that but could issue credit towards another Cuisinart product. I told her I really needed an oven that would work and the odds were not in favor of the next oven working either. She said they would send me another one or issue credit with no other options. I said alright then, send another oven.

They did send another one and it has the same problems as the others. I looked online and saw that other people had the same problem with the same problem. I’m not sure what the statistics are, but a large percentage of people have had this issue and it seems wrong that Cuisinart hasn’t dealt with it or that at least they should offer a refund. I’m very disappointed with Cuisinart.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I have owned two of Cuisinart's "grind and brew" coffee makers. The latest was model number DGB-900 BC. The first one developed a leak in the heating coil but was just out of warranty so Cuisinart did not do anything for me. I bought a second one because I figured the first one was just a fluke. NOPE,,, The next one leaked in the exact same manner as the first and after the warranty expired. Searching the internet the first time there have been other customers complaining about the same problem. I would have hoped Cuisinart would have rectified the problem but apparently not. Such a shame because I loved the grind and brew convenience. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This time a bought a Moccamaster made in the Netherlands. I am hoping that it lasts as long as they say it will. It makes an excellent cup of coffee, much better that Cuisinart. Time will tell.

Tom B.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

First of all, it is programmable. I can program it to wake me up at the desired time I like. It grinds fresh beans which is a plus for me. Secondly, I like French Roast and the coffee is great. Best of all it is easy. I hear the grinding, smell the coffee and wake up to a pleasant day. NO rush, No bother. Just enjoy my Morning Joe.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

The Cuisinart Brew & Grind grinds beans fresh. I have been using it for years! Sturdy, keeps coffee hot & I don’t have to buy filters. It is easy to clean & practically indestructible. I was also able to buy replacement parts easily. It is totally programmable so I can set it to start in the morning before I wake up.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Cleaning a coffee pot can be a hassle. Not here. Not close. No carafe to clean (or worry about breaking), and using purified water so no scaling to worry with. Just load coffee and water...then brew. I have had mine for 3 years and never has the "clean" light come on. Of course, I do wipe it down anyway. I have gifted 7 of these to relatives...and I am their coffee hero!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Very good coffee maker—long endurance for sure. Just purchased our second one. Highly recommend. Our visitors liked it so much they purchased one too!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

We bought this coffee maker because of the brand. Cuisinart is synonymous with quality. We have used many kitchen appliances and cookware of this brand because of its durability. We have been able to use each product for many years with little to no problems. Maintenance is easy if you care for it on a normal basis.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I am on my second Cuisinart Coffee Maker. They replaced the first one after about a year, when I noticed the burner had rusted and turned brown. I have not had any issues with the 2nd one, which I have had for about 6 years. I would highly recommend this product.

Original review: July 30, 2020

The coffee comes out amazing. It’s quick, the coffee is hot. It has an automatic shut off so you don’t burn the coffee. It’s simple and easy to use. Nothing fancy. You use a filter. Add coffee, inside it shows you how many cups you are making.

Original review: July 30, 2020

This coffee maker has a grinder for coffee beans as well as a timer so I can have freshly brewed coffee from whole beans at any time I like. It can be set for anywhere from 4 to 12 cups. It has an automatic shut off which is great for people like me who leave the house and then wonder "did I shut off the coffee pot?" I would prefer it were a bit hotter and a bit stronger for a full pot. A half pot can be made stronger by simply adding extra beans. It can also be used with ground coffee so for those who don't want to keep beans or have a favorite brand that does not offer beans so it really is very versatile at a moderate price range.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Coffee seems to brew different every time and coffee maker leaks and scales show up on seams after a year or so. Bunn would replace it but Cuisinart won’t. I’m going back to Bunn! I don’t recommend anyone to buy this coffee maker.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I have one, maybe two cups of coffee a day, so the need for a full-feature coffeemaker isn't needed. I found a single/double cup coffee maker by Cuisinart: "Two to Go" coffee maker. I've recently bought another one because, they've stopped making it. It works great, with consistent cup levels and complete grind saturation, which produces perfect strength every time. It's been in use over 10 years, with no problems.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I like my new Cuisinart better than my old Keurig. It’s attractive, well built and easy to use. It makes a good cup of coffee. I’m not sure how well the water filter filters the water since it doesn’t sit tightly enough.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I've had this coffee brewer previously and it lasted about 8 years, which is why I repurchased it. May be a tad more pricey than others, but well worth the extra money. The one thing that I strongly like about this coffee brewer is that the coffee is actually HOT when it finishes brewing and brewing doesn't take very long. I've had other brands prior (Mr. Coffee) and they can't compare. Highly recommend this brand.

Original review: July 27, 2020

My wife loves that there is a brew strength button. The automatic timer is wonderful. It is nice to wake up to coffee already made. Their design is attractive and will fit almost any kitchen. It is sleek and stylish.

Original review: July 27, 2020

This review is for the 12C + single cup maker. I love the fact that if I only want a single cup I can get it or on days when I'll be home I can brew a pot and bring the insulated carafe with me. The other helpful aspect is that in "those" mornings where I really need help getting going, I can drink an entire pot (ready when I get up, of course) and then grab a single "to go" cup as I'm out the door.

Original review: July 26, 2020

It is a good coffee pot overall but there is a design flaw in the carafe. When you pour at a normal angle, coffee spills out on the counter. Unless you pour the coffee out very slowly and gradually, you are making a huge mess. We have to keep napkins underneath to soak up the spilled coffee. Without exaggerating, about a half a cup of coffee is wasted because of it. But everything else is good.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Good machine. Makes good coffee. Spills when you pour it. Auto brew function is helpful. Keeps coffee hot for a long time You can make multiple pot sizes. Settings are easy to use. Has a good look on the counter.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Here in Louisiana, we love our coffee strong. This Cuisinart Coffee maker is stainless steel and has a built in brew cup feature. My favorite option was the brew strength because I love me some strong Community Dark Roast coffee. This has the timer feature which is awesome knowing that 1st cup of coffee is waiting on you. This coffee maker is built to be user friendly.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Bought from Costco 5 years ago. Still going on strong. Coffee maker works great still. I didn’t want a 14 cup coffee maker. But I made it work for myself and husband. Make 7-8 cups daily. And it’s still working great. Highly recommend this product!!

Original review: July 24, 2020

Quality product. A little noisy, (grind & brew model). Grind chute needs cleaning often. This is the second one I’ve had. Heating element burned out after 3-4 yrs. Overall, I hope they don’t cheapen this product, because I will buy this product again.

Cuisinart Company Information