Haier Dehumidifier

Haier Dehumidifier

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of lifeā€”from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

7 Haier Dehumidifier Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Dehumidifier stopped working. I took panel off to see if I could see anything obvious. The radiator had totally rusted-out and lost the Freon. Bad design, bad material.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased a Haier DE65EM dehumidifier in July 2015 for my basement because my previous dehumidifier died. This unit was rather noisy due to vibration but it did function to remove water from the air. I attached a hose to it which ran into a sump so I did not have to empty the bucket. It only runs in the summer because that is when the basement is damp. In fact, I need to run a humidifier on the furnace in the winter because the air in the house is so dry. The dehumidifier worked the rest of the first season and probably the second, but in the spring of 2017 the air seemed rather damp in the basement in spite of the fact that it seemed to be running frequently.

I decided to get a second dehumidifier of a different brand, and wow, what a difference! The basement became much less damp! So I decided to test the old unit to see if it was was really removing moisture from the air. I took off the hose and waited to see if the bucket filled up. Well, I was not shocked to find that after half a day, the bucket was totally dry! I also noticed that the exhaust air was not warm like it should be. I could tell that the compressor was running, so I am guessing that the coolant must have leaked out. I will not buy that brand again. Please share my experience so others can benefit from it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 28, 2017

Haier DE45EM-L - Would not recommend purchasing a Haier dehumidifier. Purchased from Home Depot and it lasted 2 years then quit drawing water - only the fan ran. Haier says it has one year warranty. Repair place is too expensive - they recommended purchasing a new one. Compressor failing. If I have to purchase a new Haier every two years, then it is clearly not worth it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2010

I purchased a Haier dehumidifier. It ran fine for the first couple of months, and then started to automatically shut itself off. I tried all the manual fixes without success as it appears to be an electrical issue. I called Haier and was basically told to shut it off and start it up again, fiddle with the settings, unplug it, make sure it is turned on, and other sorts of similar advice. Of course, these things did not help and by the time I got back to them, the warranty had expired. Seems that they did not want to get involved. I would not buy a Haier product again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2009

Haier makes various "white good" appliances. I purchased a dehumidifier that died after less than two summer's use. Because the purchase date was 15 months ago, they only warranty the compressor (though the service rep couldn't define what was and was not covered). Bottom line is that the dehumidifier pops the circuit breaker when it is turned on, but Haier won't stand behind their product. A $140 purchase went down the tubes in less than 6 months use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: June 25, 2008

The Haier Dehumidifier Model HDN305 that I purchased May 21, 2006, from my local Target store failed while barely into it's third summer season (only got about 7 months total use out of it). The odd size 12A Fuse (clipped into a fuse holder on the Printed Circuit Board located inside the unit's casing) blew. I stated odd size 12A because 10A and 15A are the closest common sizes I could find locally, and Haier parts, nor the National Appliance Distributors parts warehouses I found online have the replacement 12A fuse available in stock. I tried the 10A, but those blew immediately upon running the unit.

My local appliance repair store quit repairing the units 4 years ago, even though Haier still referred me to them. Still, there's no assurance that the unit will not immediately blow a 12A fuse even if I could get one in a reasonable amount of time. And, I cannot get anyone to answer the Haier Customer Satisfaction Center phone number listed on their Owner's Manual to file this complaint. I just get continuous recordings while placed on an indefinite hold.

Had to purchase a new dehumidifier, not a Haier! If this case has enough merit for small claims court, I have my own attorney who will review this.

Original review: July 12, 2003
The machine is not working after 4 months. Its under FULL one-year warranty.

Ive been calling them everyday and every time they told me that somebody will call me back before 5pm but nothing has happened.

They also give me all the service centers phone number even including New Jersey service centers. But they are either not Haier service center or they dont provide service for dehumidifier.

Since Haier can not provide service for their dehumidifier, they should not be selling it in NYC with full one year and limited five year warranty.

Now is the worst time for not having a dehumidifier in basement. My basement is super humid and mold started to grow, the humidity may attract insect like termite as well.

Haier Dehumidifier Company Information