3.9/5 (232 ratings)
Get a Quote

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. It offers a variety of warranty products, including coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical systems and more. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs, and most of its plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at $27.99 per month
    • Great coverage
    • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2014

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: June 19, 2022

The techs who came out for my stove were good. They replaced the stove that was already in place. It was quick. I like that with Cinch, it keeps me from putting a lot of money out of pocket when things go wrong.

Hi Joyce, Thanks for sharing your experience with us!-Amanda

Original review: June 18, 2022

I’m glad Cinch was part of the sale when I bought this home. The owner said she would provide a home warranty, which I'm glad she did because Cinch fixed several things such as a built-in microwave, the outside AC unit and the garage door. They’ve been good other than I thought the plumbing was covered and it wasn’t. But it’s no big deal. They got it done promptly. The only thing I don’t like is they want you to do the deductible and punch all your numbers at the time of call. You don't know who's got access to that stuff and I have a hard time with that. I wish they would just let me pay whoever the vendor is the 100 bucks because in today's world, you can't trust people. Still, everything has been positive with Cinch. They’ve been right on it and gotten everything done. I'm gonna renew with them and I would recommend them.

Thanks for sharing Timothy! - Amanda

Original review: June 17, 2022

I thought it was going to be one of these things where I was going to have to find a warranty company and then pay for it and then be reimbursed. But all of that stuff was taken care of for me. So, whatever Cinch does on the front-end to make sure that you're taken care of for people who either opt to have a home warranty put in place or negotiate to have a home warranty put in place, they should keep it up. The experience was a cinch. It was an absolute cakewalk.

Then, I got this information in the mail seven business days after I had closed and had started living in my home and all of it was the outlining work from my policy, what was covered and how to go about a claim. It was unbelievable how easy everything was. It baffled me because if it's something that has to be done on my behalf, where it's to my benefit, it's always a headache. It's something where you have to sit on hold for eight hours. Then, if somebody picks up, hopefully, they'll be able to get your policy enacted before the end of the year in a certain way. That's just my luck and how everything with larger expenses go with me. It's a constant headache. But this was completely tended to and all done right away. It was remarkable. Also, I received a phone call stating that I was going to receive an information packet and all those other things. They walked through quickly what I could file a claim under.

I highly recommend Cinch to anybody who is considering it. Even if you buy a house and you're a little leery and you couldn't get it, the premium was only $400 and some change for the entire year. When we walk into it, especially the first-time homebuyer, it's a little bit of a daunting experience. But if something goes wrong, it's covered by Cinch. If my refrigerator blows out or if my stove blows up in the kitchen, it's covered. That's nice to know, especially after you drop $58,000 and you're reeling from that expense. All I got to do is come up with $100, which, I could probably beg for change or pick up loose change in the City of Milwaukee and probably find that in less than a day. I've gotten a lot of good night's sleep because of it.

Ryan, Thanks so much for sharing your experience! - Amanda

Original review: June 16, 2022

It feels like a "bait-and-switch" scheme. When it comes to paying for claims, they will come up with "contract" reasons for why they won't pay. I bought their VIP extended coverage and they still would not pay for a repair. They also sent a repair person who was not familiar with my "brand" of HVAC, then would not refund the service charge. Go elsewhere, save your money.

Original review: June 16, 2022

The agent was nice and explained everything very well. So, I give her an A+. It was wonderful. If I didn't like the plans Cinch offered, I wouldn't have got it.

Cinch Home Services response

Ricky, We are glad to know you were connected with one of our trusted warranty experts who was able to assist you through the warranty process. Thank you for your feedback. Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 16, 2022

My most recent experience with Cinch was wonderful. The people know what they're doing and they are honest. Before, there was some argument about the timing and delay due to the Corona virus. But finally, they replace whatever needs to be replaced and they repair whatever needs to be repaired. Everything is perfect.

Cinch Home Services response

Jemil, Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we are glad to you we've been there in your time of need. We look forward to servicing your home warranty needs for many years to come! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 15, 2022

I came home one day and there was ice around the outside AC unit. I put in a ticket and within an hour, someone was here to look at it. He happened to receive the ticket and was in the area and was able to come by very quickly. He took a look at it, and diagnosed and fixed the issue. He did everything that day. He even replaced some of the insulation on the pipe and put caps back on where they had come off. So, he did an outstanding job. The claims process with Cinch was super easy and I would recommend it to others. Overall, I've had generally good experiences. So, I put in tickets all the time. I like that there are multiple options for you if you couldn't remember your account number. You can look it up by your address and your phone number. So the process was convenient.

Cinch Home Services response

Bonnie, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We look forward to servicing your home warranty needs for many years to come! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 15, 2022

I don't like the way they do business. I don't like the fact that I have to pay before I can speak to someone regarding the information that I'll need to make a determination on that service. If I knew I had to pay to talk to somebody regarding my policy, I never would have signed up for this service. It's the primary reason that I'm going to cancel it.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I’m happy with Cinch. There was a coolant leak in my air conditioning but it is working again. The Sears technician did a nice job and he was good. It was a lot faster than the last time I filed a claim. I'd like to be able to use them again if need be.

Cinch Home Services response

Christine, Our mission is to connect you with the right technician in your time of need, and we are glad to know the technician was able to get your air conditioner up and running again. Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 14, 2022

I'm not happy with Cinch and I'm looking at replacing them. It seems like every time we call, it's one issue behind the other. I called on Thursday to have someone come out and see why my drain on my bathroom sink will not go out. The bathroom sink has gotten stopped up here and there. There's always been a plumber that came out and ran a snake through the main which released the issues that we were having with the bathroom sink. But now, suddenly, it's not covered. We haven't made any changes to that policy.

Original review: June 13, 2022

The claims process with Cinch isn't bad but I've been waiting for a part now for about three weeks. At first, the technician said he didn't think the parts were available. But I got a text that said that they had been ordered. It’s June 20th and the parts may be here but I haven't heard anything else from them. Still, I am as satisfied as I can be with this type of service. Cinch tried to do the least expensive way possible and to a degree, I understand that. But it's not always the best way for the customer.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Having Cinch, I like the convenience of not having to look for my own repairman when I have something break down. The oven wouldn’t work and the electrical panel had gone out. The appliance man came and everything was great when he got here. He fixed my stove and finished the repair that day.

Cinch Home Services response

Lisa, Our mission is to connect you with a trusted expert to service your warranty needs. We are glad to hear the technician was able to resolve the issues with your oven! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 12, 2022

Their customer support is excellent. They're communicative. They let me know the status of claims and contact me within the day, sometimes even before I can even get the appointment scheduled. Recently, they took care of my sump pump. I had a claim by 10:30 and the repairman was there by 10:00 AM the next morning. I'm very satisfied with Cinch.

Original review: June 12, 2022

The only drawback with Cinch is that we have to file the claim and they would send the service person. That service person would determine whether we have a claim and what they would cover, which has to be okayed by Cinch and they would send a technician. We had had our air conditioner and furnace serviced by our own people that we have come out twice a year and they told us the problem. We filed a claim with Cinch and they had a person come out and confirm what’s wrong with it. The person had to file with Cinch and they sent Pro Source out who did the actual replacement. We were without air conditioning for three weeks. It was the same thing for our hot water. It's not a quick process. But money-wise, I understand why it takes a little bit.

Also, my washer had to be replaced. Cinch gave us a cash option or replacing the washer but the washer they were gonna use to replace my washer wasn’t available. And that was an $1,100 washer and they gave me $650 in cash. We went and got our own washer, but had to pay for the other half because they didn’t have it in stock. There are pluses and minuses to Cinch but we keep it because we bought an older home and a lot of the appliances were older. In the long run, it would be worth it.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Cinch worked out good. I called them and they got the claim going, and they stuck with it. They would get someone to come out and do the work and I would pay my deductible. They weren’t overly high. I used to pay $40 a month and it went up to 45. Now, I pay $50 a month. I need to call Cinch right now. They’ll come out and do your maintenance free. So, if something is wrong or tearing up or something went, the tech will report it and you can get it serviced. Or the maintenance person will set up an appointment to do that. Then you pay your deductible and get that done. They're trying to help you before something goes and they have a record too if something's allowed and know that it was not.

One time, my husband had the plumbing service doing something here and the guy was saying he could get in there. I said that I have to call up the maintenance service. When I called, they said that the plumbing service was not on their list, but they’re sure they do good service. Whoever Cinch is sending out to your house, they know.

I have encountered some problems within the last couple of years since COVID though. Cinch has a hard time getting people to come to Forest now. We are out some of the ones who's on their list. I’m 42 miles from Jackson. It’s a little old town. So, sometimes, the contractors can't come. But I like that if Cinch can't get anybody to come out, they let the customer get someone. They just don’t say they can’t. All the contractor has got to do is turn in their description, what they did and how they did. They go through that process and how much it was, and I send it in and Cinch refunds me because you will have to pay the person, whatever they charge right then.

I know one business that it’s just certain things, but I was able to ask them would they come and do it. They have to go by these steps with this warranty and they understood it because they were familiar with this. I had to do my deductible but I got my refund. Cinch will stick with it and ask you if the person came, and you can call them back. The only part I don't like is that it’s hard to get to the right person. It's automated. I like to talk to people. I can do it and text and get online, but I don't like that. But as long as Cinch keeps doing what they are doing, I'm good.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I had a recent claim with Cinch for a refrigerator. The ice maker worked but the water did not work. The repair guy couldn't repair it so they offered me a replacement, a similar kind, or they gave me the funds for the value so I took the funds. The process was good ‘cause they kept me apprised, reminding me, because it took me a while to make a decision as to what I wanted to do. They were on point. The only bad thing was initially, it took a while for someone to call me. I had to follow up. Once I followed up and got the claim number, everything went smoothly.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Cinch is fine but when you call in, you don’t talk to a person. I don’t mind paying but I would like to talk to somebody instead of having to do all of that first. You don’t know anything about the contractor before they show up. The last time that I called, it was for a plumber and who Cinch was gonna send, they had sent before. I asked not to have that one, and they sent a different one. So, I am pleased with that because I was not happy with the Rooter Guys. The air conditioning people were great and wonderful, and the only bad experience was with the first plumber guy.

Cinch Home Services response

Leslie, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with that feedback. We are here to listen to your concerns so that we can meet your needs. We are sorry that you had a poor experience. Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 10, 2022

My experience with Cinch has been positive. Submitting a claim is very simple. You call and get an order. They create an order and find a provider for you, and you call the provider. In the last couple of years, they've started collecting their deductible upfront, and that's not a problem either. We've used them three times and I had no problem at all. The people they have representing them are very professional, courteous and prompt.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I contacted Cinch Home Services recently... no problem reaching someone initially, but now I can't get through and when I do they have no record and yet there is a pending charge from them on my cc. They were also pretty pushy about us getting one of their warranty plans... so glad we didn't!

I want to cancel their services, but have hit a road block. I'll just let my cc company know NOT to let that charge go through.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I've called them on two services and it's been okay. The first was very smooth. With the second one, there was a mix-up somewhere because I didn't know that they were not supposed to take care of service then. They only told me after I already put in the application for a service request. Otherwise, it's been good. The technicians were both good and on time. They were there on the timeframe that I was given. I was given any updates when the time had to change. They explained everything to me. So they were okay. Every time I have an issue with my equipment, Cinch was supposed to come in. After that, I had to follow up before I was told that they don't do what I am requesting for.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Their claims process is very simple. You can either make the claim online or with a representative on the phone. The service providers are also responsive. There were a few times that I have had concerns about either the service or the urgency placed around the service but Cinch has had a customer service representative address them. One time, I had a rep that was super responsive. Followed up when she said that she was going to. If she did not have an answer, she still followed up to advise if you were waiting on an answer.

Cinch Home Services response

Quintina, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are glad to know that overall you've been pleased with the service you have received. Please know that we are always here when you need us and look forward to servicing your home warranty needs for many years to come! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: June 8, 2022

I paid $49 for 5 months and the $75 for the technician visit. Cinch who handles the Sears Home Warranty services rejected my repair request for a refrigerator handle that was damaged due to normal wear and tear. I had the Kenmore refrigerator for 7 years since 2014. Save your money and deal with an appliance repair company directly.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I called them out once, and they were very efficient. The technicians came out on time. They were very professional. They had excellent customer service skill. It's a good service. I'm glad I have it. The lady who answered the phone was very professional and polite. She also had good customer service skill. So I would recommend them to anybody else that needed that particular company that came out.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Cinch seems like a good thing to have. They also look like a reputable company. They have an easy process and I received the paperwork that we went over. I have recommended them.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I like working with Cinch better than having somebody come out and not know what they're doing. The bad case is that I’m paying for months that nothing goes wrong in my house. But other than that, if I call them, they send somebody out to assess the problem, which is good. I waited almost a month for Sears to come out. So, having the home warranty, somebody came out the same day or a day later. I can deal with that. Cinch was good on my refrigerator. They said I needed a new one. So the next day, I was out looking. And I was able to put that refrigerator on the home thing. So, I was happy about that. Then, they gave me money to buy towards that refrigerator.

Original review: June 7, 2022

It's been a great experience with Cinch. Every time I've called, I have really been taken care of. A good understanding of what I needed to do, what my next step would be, and the date that they gave me was on time. If I had any problems, they would get back to me. Luckily, my wait hadn't been long in trying to get parts. When I submit a claim, it's easier to call them and they send you the link. It has everything on there. Then the repair representative contacts me. Cinch usually does a follow-up to see if they have called or if they arrived on time. I had an issue with my thermostat one time, but before they went through the whole process, the rep gave me some good tips before the repair technician get here. “Make sure you try this and that.” Then, I didn't need a technician. So I cancelled it and they refunded my money right there.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Cinch is a savings plan in case the air conditioning or heating system goes out, which is why we got it. But we've used it for the smaller things such as the thermostat, a faucet, ceiling fans, the stove, the icemaker and the dishwasher. The two hot water tanks are a lot of money right there. We've used Cinch many times. We've had them for probably 12 years and it has paid for itself with what we saved. It's been worth it. Plus, the contractors are all good and professional.

Original review: June 6, 2022

The rep was very helpful when I signed up. She was very nice on the phone.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Submitting a claim to Cinch has been very easy. I usually use their person. I was having an issue with my garage door but it wasn’t a crisis situation. I could still open it. It wasn’t an emergency but it was something that needed to be repaired. So, it's fine that Cinch is automated. I wasn’t in panic as opposed to your furnace being out where you need someone to come right away. Some of the contractors have been better than others. Some have been excellent. They knew what they needed to do, what they were doing and knew where they were. Some seemed like it might have been a little bit new to them but they weren’t bad. It’s been a while ago when I've had some issues. The guy didn’t know what he was doing. It was taken care of eventually but it took a while. Cinch had someone else come out.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I love Cinch. It's nice not to have to pay $600 to do it and just 200. Every time we've had an issue, it was usually, a next-day appointment. Our air conditioner was leaking recently. The claim process was fast and simple.

Cinch Home Services Company Information