Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First American Home Warranty

Thank you for being a loyal customer of 9 years Maury!

Original review: March 25, 2017

When we bought this house, it came with a 1-year warranty from First American. We've been with them for nine years now. When I submit a claim, I call and tell them what it is and whoever's coming to fix it would call the next day and tell me when they're coming. Also, their prices went down and they got a little more coverage which doesn't happen often. I've already been telling people that don't have a home warranty about First American.

First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your comments Tanisha!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I think that getting the home warranty was the best thing that I could have done. This warranty has bailed me out a few times and with a small deductible. I am really happy with my warranty. If this was offered for renewal at a reasonable rates I would like to renew my policy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your business Jaris!

Original review: March 15, 2017

The house came with a one-year warranty provided by First American when I bought it and I never had any issues. I know other homeowners who had issues with their warranty companies who are not covering claims or they'll find a loophole but I never have to worry about that with First American so I decided to stay. Submitting claims is very simple and easy, either online or by calling them, and interactions with their reps are always smooth. If the contractor they hired doesn't service my area, they usually get someone else on very quickly. The technicians are also very pleasant. They come, do the job, restore whatever is broken and they leave. They don't take too much time and their work is good. They're a great company with easy transactions and I highly recommend them.

When I bought the house at Fortworth, it has been an antique for over a year. It was prudent to look into acquiring home warranty and the real estate agent recommended First American Home Warranty. Submitting a claim is straightforward, easy and painless although when my washing machine and dryer went out, my particular brand of dryer wasn’t in the list so I included it in the body of the note. Fortunately, the service person read it. Otherwise, he would’ve brought the wrong heating element. It’s frustrating though because I had a high-end Samsung washing machine and they replaced it with a refurbished one. However, since my recent claim, the repair has worked perfectly. Plus, the contractor was prompt, got the job done, and cleaned up after himself. I'm very happy with First American.

We bought a condo and my realtor gave us a one-year home warranty under First American as a gift. I've renewed it a couple of times already. However, they didn’t do too good with their last choice of plumbers. But other than that, they’ve been very good. I had a pipe break underneath my kitchen sink. The claims rep was very polite and nice. She filed the claim for me and said that the people would be in contact with me in a day and they were, but they just sent out somebody inexperienced. The plumber didn’t fix it totally and so it leaked all night long and caused more damage than what it originally did. I was not too happy with that and I had to have them out twice.

Also, I had a problem with my dryer and the tech fixed it the one time. Then, two months later, something else came up and they immediately told us that we needed a new part. They didn’t even bother to open it. My son opened it up when the tech left and found out that there was a pair of nylons twisted all the way around the motor, stopping it. I don’t wear nylons. Nobody else in my house wears nylons. They’ve had it open prior to that from the first time we called them a few months earlier regarding a different problem and should’ve been able to see that there was a pair of nylon sitting there. It just seemed awful fishy that it was going to be a $300 repair. I wasn’t too happy with that.

We called the home warranty company because our kitchen sink faucet would not pivot and would not turn off properly. We received a visit from a gentlemen, from a company selected by First American Home Warranty. We took a day off work to meet with the plumber, who came in with a clipboard in hand. He proceeded to look at the issue and said "Yes you need a new faucet", he then proceeded to let us know how much money he makes, cracked a couple jokes, and let us know he would have his "girls" call to schedule for the plumber to come out. If anyone has seen the commercial about the "Security monitor" at the bank, that just lets people know when the bank is being robbed... that was this guy, a "Plumbing Monitor".

We schedule with the plumber, take another day off work. Plumber comes and changes out the faucet. He changed the faucet (definitely not the same quality of what was taken out) and leaves. A couple hours later we turn the dishwasher on, which floods our kitchen, damaging the cabinets. We try to call the plumber, who does not answer, so we call First American Home Warranty to end up talking to a person who spoke broken English, obviously outsourced customer service representatives in another country - difficult to understand. He was unable to help and said he would have the plumber come out the next day to take care of the issue. I asked to speak to a supervisor, so he connected me to another gentleman with broken English in another department that handles such issues.

The new gentleman tells me First American Home Warranty will issue a claim if we send them pictures of the damage, but they cannot get our issue fixed that night, but assured me it would be fixed in the morning. We forward the pictures to the email he gave us that night. After not receiving any communication the next morning, we called First American Home Warranty back to be told that a work order was never initiated and they are not responsible for what their plumber may have done and they do not know why we were told to send pictures. They then initiated a work order for the plumber to return and said the plumber would be contacting us. We finally received a call from a young lady with the plumbing company, who told us she could give us another 4 hour window for a visit on Monday of next week.

We told her that their plumber made the mistake and it needed to be taken care of immediately. She told us that their plumber was never sent. When we told her the plumber's name, she then said "How do you know he made the mistake to cause the damage?" And still rudely insisted that the only available time slot to get the plumbing issue fixed was next Monday, take it or leave it, they are really busy. And the new appointment would be with the first guy whom I call the "Plumbing Monitor". We still do not have use of our kitchen sink and are awaiting the plumbing monitor.

When I bought my place, First American was what I had for the home protection and I kept it because they’ve given me good service. In the last six months, I've had several claims including when my freezer went out and I had to have a whole new air conditioner unit on top of my roof. That worked out wonderful. Then, I had a leak in my faucet in my bathroom that was leaking into the storage room below my condo which took a little while but it eventually got fixed. I also had a shower faucet fixed and everything was done.

Also, the contractors were all very good especially ENA, the one for the air conditioning one. The plumbing people that came to fix the faucets and the shower faucet were good, too. I’m very pleased and I will stick with them. I’ve been in my 13 and a half years and I quit them for a little while but then I thought something’s going to go wrong. So, I started up again and when things started to go wrong, I was very happy and little by little, everything worked out for me. So I was very pleased.

We had a little bit of a glitch in my last claim for the ice maker. The vendor they chose first was not going to be able to come out for two weeks and yet, they’re only 20 miles down the road. I called back and then one of the claim reps reassigned it. This guy was there in three hours and the problem was fixed. He should have been their first assignment as opposed to those other people. We’ve had people out for the ice maker three times before to the point that it had to be replaced and First American also took care of that very nicely. So far, I’m very happy with their response and the program.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

From Feb 28th to current (17 MAY 2017) I have been dealing with a dripping sound between my floors from the master bathroom toilet. There is also an odor that is very strong that I now sleep in another room. I have had the wax ring replaced and told the jets in the toilet are messed up and the toilet needs replacing. The tech also stated that the smell of sewage was present. Because of this comment alone my claim has been denied. Not because of the other reasons but solely on the smell alone.

I called in to get a second opinion, I was told the company assigned would call me in 24-72 hours. So I waited a full week. (Maybe they meant 72 business hours which equals 9 working days). Nevertheless I find I have a person assigned to my claim. I asked if I could speak with them and was advised they would be calling me. NOT ONCE have I received a call from the first time the contractors came out nor the SECOND time. I had to call in and find out each time what was going on with my claim. This is not a way to run customer service. I'm looking at American Home Shield for coverage. Although 10.00 more expensive it covers my pool and EVERYTHING in my house. If you ever want to email First American's claim service here's the email: claimreview@firstam.com. Just so you know, THEY DO NOT REPLY.

Hello Donnie,

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to being able to address your concerns directly with you. Thank you.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Placed a service request to repair my air conditioner. After inspecting, the repair contractor stated he will have to return to complete repairs. Paid service request fee for inspection. Contractor called and stated to total service cost will be $1500 to complete repair. My FHW premier plan includes air conditioner option. Contacted FHW and rep couldn't explain why total service cost is $1,500. Repair contractor returns at 9 am PST (this day) to complete repair. Feeling pressured and no resolution forthcoming soon.

I’ve been a customer of First American Home Warranty for 13 years now. Submitting a claim to them was okay. However, I hate their automated system. Their machine does not recognize my keyword. Also, I have very bad experience with them. The claim I filed was really a pain. They messed up and it took forever for them to settle that because they did not file it on time and did not send anybody for several months so I had to get supervisors. It has been a very, very stressful experience. Nevertheless, they were able to fix it but it was three months of yelling and screaming but they've been okay lately. Overall, they’re very good and they know what they’re doing.

I got First American when I bought the house. I had no problems the first year. When I was thinking of renewing, I called them and talked to one of their representatives. They explained how everything would work and I thought that it was a good thing to keep, so I elected to have it for my house. When the fan on the convection oven of my dual purpose stove was making noise, their claim reps were very helpful and got the repair people out who were really knowledgeable. The first guy came out and figured out what was wrong and what he would have to do. Then they ordered the part. When the part came in, a different repair guy came and repaired it. I'm quite happy with everything that has been done.

My First American Home Warranty came with my home when I bought it three months ago. They had more options on their policy than the warranty I had with my previous home. Also, I've spoken to their customer service representatives to ask about pool coverage because I'm going to add things like that to the warranty. I'm very pleased with First American so far.

I've been a First American Home Warranty member for 10 years. Recently, I submitted a claim for my ice maker. I called First American and they put everything up for me. However, I didn't realize that my ice maker was not covered by the warranty until the contractor they sent told me. But First American has been great and I choose to stay with them because they're cheaper.

My realtor has First American and told me about it. He said that having a home warranty would be great because the owner who sold the house to me didn't really want to replace anything, and that if something breaks, at least I'm covered and won't have to spend as much money on replacing or fixing things. I've already done three claims with First American. The first one was for the washing machine. The pump broke on it and a tech came out and fixed it. It was a wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am kind of deal. It was great and I had no issues there. It was the same thing with the plumbing, where a guy came out, fixed the problem, and went about his way.

However, my last experience wasn't so great. It was for the AC unit and there was nothing really done with it. It's still broken and right now, it's probably running on its last breath. The AC unit is kind of working, but I haven’t set it to a lower level for it to freeze up. It’s 13 years old so it is bound to fail soon. When I put in the claim for it, I called that day remembering that on the website, there used to be an emergency module, and I thought an AC being broken in Florida would be an emergency situation. And then, they sent out a company called Comfort Tech and the tech who came out said that it's not failing, but I think it is because it still keeps freezing up. When I called back First American, the rep said that if the technician says that it's not failing, then there's nothing they can do about it. I asked if it would be possible to send a different company or different person the next time that it does not work properly but he didn't say anything. I feel that it’s the same person who I’ve talked to twice and he was kind of not very helpful. But other than that, my experience with First American has been great.

The first time that I used First American, the experience was pretty good. The technician was fine. This would be my second time using First American. I had called yesterday and the people said they had set me up with a plumber. But they cancelled because I'm not in the area. I didn't know they weren't coming until I had called. They never called to say that thing has been cancelled. So, I had to call back today and they got me set up for Thursday with somebody else.

I put a claim 3 weeks ago and they still haven't resolved it. They told me I need to look for a company myself to get an estimate. I called back with the estimate I receive from the company (the company I looked for) and all they've done is transfer me from one department to another. The department haven't been able to help me. Overall, the Service is terrible and I am disappointed with the company after I've had them for 9 years.

I had a great experience with First American and I’m happy with it. It did not take the representatives very long to process my claim. For the general part of the process, they got on-site the same day. They went up a little bit, though. I used to pay $65. Now, it’s $75. But I like First American. It is a good company, so it's good keeping.

Submitting a claim with First American was really easy and pretty straightforward because I do it over the phone. The reps were helpful and knowledgeable. The technicians were knowledgeable, too. I try to look up the stuff after I talk to them and they know what they're talking about. But I had a guy come out initially on the water heater, flushed it, and said that was the only issue. Then a month later, I was seeing a lot of rust in the line. Another guy came out and replaced the heater. So the first time was not as good because the first guy said it'll clear up after I run it a while. But the second guy came out and recognized the issue right away and it got taken care of. It's nice to have the warranty. I don't want to have to use it, but if I need it, it's there. It's like insurance. I don't want to buy insurance, but if I need it, I'm glad I have it.

When we purchased our previous house, it came with a year of First American Home Warranty. We continued it after that. Then when we bought our new house, it came with a different warranty company so after the year was up, we switched to First American. It was much better than the other company. The level of service and the features covered the benefits provided. What’s most difficult is to submit a claim by phone instead of online because you have to wait to talk to someone for ten minutes max but it’s not nearly as bad as the other company where I’d wait over half an hour. I called today and got someone on the phone within two minutes. It was an easy and smooth process. I've never had an issue with that aspect of it. Plus, the claims representatives are right to the point. If I called with a question, they always answered or get it handled and contact me back. It’s usually quick and not much wasted time.

I put a claim in for my air conditioning. When the first technician came out, they noticed that it was low on Freon and he said that it’s typical to need a couple of pounds of Freon every year. Within a few days, it had already leaked out several more pounds of Freon. The owner of the company came out and looked at it and basically apologized for the misinformation of this other employee. He made it all right, did all the inspections and found the leak. We are now in the process of getting the part ordered and shipped in. When the replacement part comes in, the owner himself has assured me of the quality that it will be in and he guarantees his work even outside of the warranty company of First American so I feel confident that it will get taken care of. Nobody is perfect. A mistake did happen but at least up until this point, they are doing everything they can to correct the problem quickly and appropriately. I'm satisfied with First American.

Our realtor bought First American as a closing gift for me and my wife then we renewed it. Submitting a claim was smooth and easy. My wife called in and she got a good experience talking to their representatives. We got a couple of things that we had to use it on like a water heater and a plumbing issue and it worked fine. Their technicians were great as well. I felt the price is reasonable and it’s a great warranty company.

When we purchased our home, First American Home Buyers Warranty was already on it for a year. It's comfortable. They follow-through right away and we've had no issues with them. So we just renewed it. Filing claims has been easy. We just call it in and it's not been an issue at all. A lot of times, it's because of air conditioner issues. Occasionally they'll have to research and call me back but usually they have it already assigned to someone before we get off the phone. And the technicians have done very well. They're Johnny-on-the-spot. They always know exactly what to do to fix it and fix it in a very timely manner.

And if we've had to call First American again, it's gonna be a different issue maybe with the same unit. It's not like they do a sorry job so we need another person to come out. The only thing is just that the cost has gone up. It started out at $500 the first year. And now, we're almost to $700. That's just unfortunate. But I've recommended them to our children that are married and just starting out.

Resolution In Progress

Based upon my own experience, I cannot believe this company is still licensed to do business in California. I have had to police every step of this relationship and have nothing still to show for it. I had a full plumbing failure due to pinhole leaks in the pipes and a leak under my slab, found after taking the outer wall of our house off (ourselves). We turned off our water as First American advises to minimize damage from further leaks.

First Am's contractor was 2 hours away from our residence and didn't even bother to call to say he wasn't coming. We had to find our own contractor and have him call First Am for authorization (tough enough to get a plumber to come out, much less jump through red tape while we are without water). Took 3 weeks after claim was made to get water back on thanks to my efforts, not their claims of saving us hours of finding a contractor. He had to repipe the house and circumvented the slab so we wouldn't have this issue come up again.

They did a great job, but I had to pay directly for the job as required under selecting your own provider option nearly $5,000.00, but considerably less than going through the slab. I submitted proof of payment in a cleared check, paid invoice, and even my bank statement showing it was cleared. Then nothing. Calls and e-mails finally got me a promise of a payment of $500.00 since it was under the slab, and as limited within the contract. I've read the contract, and there was a slab leak, but fixing this would not have fixed the problem. Ambiguity in the contract is on them!! I could even argue that no work was done under the slab so they're responsible without this limitation.

Didn't really matter as nothing came, I had to call many times just to find out it was rejected for payment. Other e-mails said we needed an itemized invoice, and one that I needed to submit proof of payment (uploaded on their site 3 weeks prior — their ticket system is highly ineffective). Things happen, but when is it just obvious that they're going through some sort of checklist of excuses not to pay? I had a specific case manager assigned who would not return calls. First American, this means your first-line customer service folks are getting the brunt of frustration when the specially trained contact won't respond.

So now, supposedly I am again being issued the minimum check amount. (Oh, but they tried to deduct the $65 co-payment from my $500 instead of the thousands already out of pocket. Really??) If this check shows up, I'm writing to this company for their handling of this process and requesting they pay an additional sum towards the rest of my out-of-pocket. I consider this incident an example of unfair, deceptive, and just inappropriate consumer retail business practices. If they do not respond and offer to rectify this in some manner, I will consider my next options. As a banking compliance professional, I would expect regulatory action from this unacceptable lack of caution and amount of effort. Mistakes happen and can be fixed, but this has been compounded and nothing would have happened if I hadn't stayed on it. PS: I have the premium coverage too.

UPDATED ON 05/19/2017: It took my initial post here to get someone at First Am to speak with me beyond the front line. Marciela took the time to contact me and my contractor, whom I had to pay out of pocket since First Am couldn't send anyone that would show up and gave me this option (they treat this as some sort of privilege, but means you find them and pay out of pocket and like me, try for 8 weeks to get a dime back). Our contractor didn't remember anything beyond a slab leak - but we turned the water on for just a minute for his assessment. We had pin holes in other pipes outside of the slab, one was pretty big in that we lost water pressure - no wonder he couldn't see them when we turned on the water. His honest response cost me any further reimbursement, and I accept this from his end without question...

My opinion remains that their practices are not as advertised and they hide behind a contract they do not even know (I showed Marciela the provision and she agreed that my interpretation was obvious as to a specific point First Am was hiding behind). I am in an impossible bind that precludes my getting any additional reimbursement mostly thanks to the way they handled it - would have been easily identified if the contractor they initially assigned actually showed up... during the two weeks it took me to find someone (while without water but for quick instances in which my husband would turn on then off) maybe the leaks above ground would have been easy to see and the larger one that made us lose all pressure and escalate First A to action would not have happened. I didn't ask for anything unreasonable except to protect my resources as anticipated by buying this policy.

As to not burden my own hired contractor, I will pursue other venues to share this experience to dissuade purchasers. I am responsible for fair and accurate advertising and disclosure for my financial institution, and looks like First Am could use a little work of what we call UDAAP. Someday in some way, I'll be able to show them that the pipes have pinholes that would have required replacement if we had gone to the additional expense of re-piping under the slab instead of going around it. Maybe I'll send in the darned pipes themselves - they're still in place just no water goes through them. Even if too far off to gain additional reimbursement, enough to maybe change their thinking on how badly things can go wrong when they set my situation up to FAIL. Find my initial complaint for more information on my specific situation. Shame on First American.

Hello Erica,

Original review: May 12, 2017

We have lived in our home for 3 years. We acquired the home warranty when we purchased the house in 2014. Two months after moving in, the A/C unit for the upstairs stopped working. We actually completely forgot about the home warranty until after I posted on Facebook that the initial A/C company quoted that the system needed to be replaced which was roughly $7500. Our realtor, seeing the post, quickly reminded me that we had the home warranty. We called them and they sent out another technician where they ended up replacing the compressor and one of the valves. We paid for the call out fee which was $95.

In 2015 we had a cracked cooling coil in our air handler and it flooded our part of our attic space along with a bad capacitor and again it was recommended to them that our system get replaced. Again we paid for the service call. In Aug 2016 the compressor and valve from 2014 was again replaced (see a pattern here yet??). Now in March 2017, we called again due to the fan running non-stop and no cool air. The first technician they sent out stated that there was no electricity running to the unit. So the electrician comes out 2 weeks later, repairs that piece. We still don't have any A/C and the original A/C repair company, Home Reliance, does not know how to return phone calls after leaving 3 voicemails over a 5 day period. So I call First American to complain and get a new company assigned to us. At first this was denied, but after they couldn't get a hold of them they finally relented.

Finally we get the next A/C company, Belair Heating and Cooling (5th different A/C company at this point in a 3 year time span) who states we need a new system because just replacing the compressor isn't going to fix this repeated issue. But oh by the way, First American does NOT disclose to us that now we are not only responsible for paying just the service call we are also paying for the removal/disposal of the compressor (that was put in 9 months ago) and the charging of the new one which is going to cost us $455. The A/C company tells us this. The A/C company has told First American that they can not ensure that this repair will hold. Their "representatives" Nicole **, Calvin @ ext ** or Louis @ ** can't return phone calls or when told to move my call to their supervisor want to argue with me that they are the 'sole' decision makers on these issues.

I have my elderly mother with medical issues living with us and my special needs son who now both have window A/C units in their rooms. I don't have $7500 lying around to replace an A/C unit nor do I have the time to keep going through this every summer. One would think at some point that after reviewing the past 3 year history of this one and only issue that we have repeatedly called upon them for repairs, someone would realize the amount of waste occurring here. But I guess that's the minimal input from First American. So here is me reaching out yet again 6 weeks into the A/C unit still not working and paying for a service that doesn't provide their promised service.

When I got the house, the lady that helped me with it advised that I get a home warranty because I am alone. She recommended First American. At first when I had to submit a claim, I just started panicking. And then I'd call the number, and they usually have a technician call me back. So far, the claim process has been easy. Sometimes I don't even talk to a person because it's automated. The technicians who have come in have all been very nice, as well. They always explain what they're doing to fix the problem. I feel good about their quality of work and the payments have been fair, too. First American is a very helpful service especially if you're not living in a brand new house, you're an older person and living on one single income.

With First American, I can either file a claim online or call in and they pick up quickly. Their price is a bit higher than Fidelity and we're in the second year so the co-pay goes up from $50 to $75. But I've rehired some of the contractors that they have sent over. These contractors are good people. I love the plumber. He’s been back here twice doing some installations for me which were a separate item like when we took out the Corian and put in granite.

We have renewed with First American every year. Other places were just as expensive and it seemed easier to stay with First American. The claims reps are okay, but getting a claim over the phone is obnoxious and the website's even worse to try and navigate. But once we get a contractor here, everything seems to go okay. We feel pretty good about the repairs and we're satisfied.

First American is a reliable company. However, the contract states that their reps work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but when I call them during the weekends, they are not there. And if I call them after 5:00 PM, nobody picks up the phone. So whenever I have a problem, I have to wait to get services. If they cannot perform during the weekends and if they are open only between 8:00 to 5:00, they should not put on that contract that they are available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. They should be specific and they should not put a clause that they cannot support. I've called and asked them about that and they have no reliable answer. I'd rather remove the clause.

My air conditioner went out then the vendor came and just collected his money. He said, "We've got let it fall out before I can do anything. I'll be back in a few days," and he never came back. I called First American and told them about that. They apparently called the vendor and the vendor said that it was not true and that's not what happened. First American took the word of the vendor over mine and threatened to send me to collection. I got really irritated and angry. I told them that I did not want that vendor to be sent to my house ever again.

I've only had one bad experience with a vendor. Overall, I am pleased with them. I felt that their $65 deductible is pretty reasonable. My pool pump died and I couldn't fix it. They replaced it which is like $800. Then I kept having problems with the central heating air. It finally reached the point at 37 years old that it could not be repaired and they replaced it as well. All I had to do was to pay $300 for a cord outside to put it on. I was out of air conditioning in Pensacola, Florida in September for two weeks and that's understandable because they had to get it authorized. Then recently, they replaced my pool filter and all I had to pay was $70 for the fan in addition to the $65. So, they're acting in good faith.

I have been told by other companies that First American is the most fair home warranty company that one could go with. And recently I mentioned that I'm planning to most likely move when I retire to another area and I mentioned it to a Realtor. The Realtor said that they had never heard of that home warranty and I'm thinking that I don't want another hassle about it. I've certainly got my money's worth with First American and they are quick to get somebody on it. They mean what they say and they say what they mean.

I like the price and the things that First American Home Warranty offers. I just call them when I submit my claims or I do it online. The techs that have come have been good except for one that was supposed to return but never did. However, First American was able to resolve it. I would recommend them all the time.

Resolution In Progress

I had a horrible experience with one of the contractors First American sent out. They had to come 3 different times to fix what should have been a very simple problem. The contractor said they'd be back at a certain time, then never showed up several times. Each visit was "We'll come sometime on a particular day" so we had to sit around waiting for these jokers every time they failed to fix the problem.

I just found out while tromping around up in my attic, they broke the drain line to for the AC. Now I have thousands of dollars of water damage to flooring and walls due to the small leak that occurred over a few months time, but of course the contractor won't own up to it even though they were the only ones in the attic. Managers at the contractor wouldn't return calls and basically ignored the horrible service and multiple mistakes.

But this review is about First American. You know what their response was? Basically nothing. Would they intervene while I was having this problem on my behalf? No. Would they contact their contractor? No. The only thing they'd do is file away my complaint. They have a problem contractor who provides sloppy, substandard repairs and they basically ignore it. First American doesn't care about its customers - evidence is they will do nothing to deal with problem contractors. BTW, First American's customer service takes on average about a week to respond to any complaint - wow!

Submitting a claim to First American Home Warranty was easy. I called and told them what was going on, they asked questions, sent the claim and then the contractor contacted me. We set a date, he came out and fixed it and it was done. It was simple.

I've used First American once and it went fine. I felt a little foolish because our disposal wouldn’t work. And then, the guy came in and within five minutes, he had it fixed.

First American Home Warranty Company Profile