Old Republic Home Protection

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

An absolute joke. Have "coverage for leaks" in our plan. Leaks of refrigerant, etc. but when the leaking substance is gone they won't replace that. In addition they can't help us because of a manufacturer warranty that supersedes their plan? Absolute mistake, waste and travesty of time and experience.

Old Republic sent a technician who do not know what is the problem with my garage door. They billed me for a trade service call even if I hired a different contractor to fix my garage. Choose a different home warranty company, avoid this company.

Absolutely the worst service I have ever had. I can't tell if it's Old Republic or the terrible contractors they work with. They take no responsibility for the poor vendors they use. We have 2 AC units and Old Republic has sent a different company out 5 different times. Each time they just put in more Freon and charge me $75.00. Finally, after the 3rd time, one of the companies said our coils needed replacing in both units. $400 cost! Now, 2 weeks later, our main AC is back to only blowing to 75 degrees. The AC guy tells us that the unit needs Freon... And he's been working on the wrong unit for 2 hours! It's illegal to continue to put Freon into an AC unit that has a leak. Clearly... Either the AC guys are ripping everyone off, or there is a leak in my AC unit. Either way, I'm out a lot of money, 5 days off of work and 30 days of still not having the problem fixed! There is a lawyer coming next! Not deserving of even 1 star. They need to be held accountable!

Never have they been able to work with any of my request for services. They have denied all of them and they use drug out companies to come and beef up the job to them. So they do not have to pay for any work and they they try to get the customer to pay out pocket to get it fix. I strongly suggest not to have this Old Republic do any work or anything for you.

Called 2 weeks ago. Had an issue with my furnace. I was told it would be a week. I asked if they could get someone there sooner because there was an infant in the home. NO LUCK. So I ended up paying out of pocket $800. Now my water heater is having an issue. They bumped their service call up from $40 to $65 and said it would be a couple days. Seems like a big rip off and a lot of a run around. Do not use this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Republic Home Protection?

I am a property manager. I have several homes with this company. I have recommended them in the past. Customer service is not always good. They are not in America so you have problems with communication. They drag their feet on claims even when emergency. They lie to you on who and when they will send someone for the repairs. If you have an emergency do not count on help. Now when you go to renew your plan they pull a figure out of their head. I manage several properties so I deal with them a lot. When I asked why one plan would go up so much and not the others, I received three different answers. It was an introductory rate, "Because you had a claim", because it was a real estate transaction. Service has been getting worse and worse. Had to get A/C serviced twice. Should have sued them for the damage. Too many companies out there. Buyer beware.

DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM FOR ANY REASON!!! BEWARE ALL!!! Unfortunately we were given a "free" warranty coverage on the 1980 house we bought in California. We immediately had an electrical issue where our circuit breakers kept tripping. I called Old Republic & explained that the breakers continually tripped. Was this issue covered under the plan we had? The representative said, "Absolutely. We will send out an electrician to fix it and you have to pay $65 deductible". The contractor they sent was either owned by them or on their list of no cost to Old Republic.

Castle contractor of Temecula, CA came out, looked at our breakers & said they're too small to run your household items and they could do nothing under the warranty. Got back in his truck. 1 minute later he was gone. Called Old Republic. Explained that the contractor they sent wouldn't fix the issue as their representative said they would under the warranty plan. They said, "Oh well" and sent me a bill for $65, I called back. Said their contractor did absolutely nothing for one minute other than look at my panel box, explained their representative from OR said it would be fixed & covered. They said, "Sorry but we sent them out. You have to pay $65." Still arguing with them over this! Very poor customer relations.

They got someone out to me within 12 hours. Turns out that's a bad thing. We have a coil that needs to be replaced. It has a massive leak but it couldn't be found. The big repair company with lots of guys sitting around that couldn't find it the first day sent the same guy out to not find it the second day. An expensive 4 hour compression test was scheduled 2 days further out. That wasn't done because the guy who came out sprayed the coils with soapy water and immediately found the massive leak. 4 DAYS WASTED.

I called Old Republic and told them I would pay extra to expedite shipping. They said, "Don't worry." The part I need is probably in town. It won't take long. I called back and was told that the order was being shipped and would take 3-5 days to deliver. Don't know from where, no tracking number and then the very polite lady hung up on me while I was still asking questions. AC home warranty repair is a bad buy if you care about having a livable home. The contractor is either incompetent or dishonest. Is either of those better? Old Republic simply doesn't care. I should have saved the money for the buy in for an eventual repair. This is Phoenix, AZ. Anyone want to bet the part is in town?

I am writing this comment to state what an incredible business from start to finish. I have to say that if I were to ever be able to sale a product or service I definitely would this provider as I believe in Old Republic Home Protection 100% and I have to say that in this day and age to be able to say that I have never experienced a more reliable and competent company in my years of dealing with many different types of services. I have yet to be able to say that I have never experienced one bad thing when it comes to this company. And I admit that it feels great to say that!

Kudos to Old Republic Home Protection from starting with customer service all the way down to the companies that do their work! I'd recommend this service to anyone who is looking for a home protection plan. And I can say this with 100% and not have a hesitation... Great job and keep up the great work Old Republic Home Protection! Choose them if you're looking for a home protection...

Just hope you never have a grievance or issue with the contractor's service or replacement parts because you will never have it resolved. Contractor replaced my toilet with a cheap, small toilet and was very unprofessional. After multiple phone calls to their company and speaking with different people, they told me, "Here talk to this recording, we will get back to you in 2 weeks". There is a reason that the front page of their declaration of coverage has a section for "Dispute Resolution". They must have a lot of disputes! Absolutely horrible.

This company is terrible. Not sure how they stay in business. The contractors they use are so poor. My heat pump quit working. The first contractor came out twice and did not fix it. Old Republic said they would send out another hvac person. I called that company and they would not return my calls. I called Old Republic and now they are going to send out a third company. In the meantime it is 90 degrees out and I have been without an ac unit for going on a week. This company is just flat poor. They deserve zero stars but that is not an option.

April 4, 2017 we were stopped at a red light in Md when an AT&T truck hit us. AT&T trucks are self-insured by Old Republic. We call daily to a message service The message is "Leave your name and phone number. We will get back to you." We never got one phone call back. We have called AT&T corporate office and many many other divisions to the same message, "Leave your name and phone number. A company representative will get back to you." If they will not get in touch with someone they injured do you think they will give anyone good service?

RUN, hang up your phone, do not use AT&T phone, wireless, or home security services. To this date no one has even tried to contact us. I do not have a car to drive and cannot even get a rental vehicle. What would they do if we were in the hospital? They are not human beings. They have no feelings. I just wonder how much their CEO makes and what would they do without a vehicle of any kind.

Called 3 days later they sent someone. Told tenant the heat strip needed to be replaced. Called me, the owner, 12 days later and said was waiting on the estimate. A week later called said was waiting on approval. Call today and told me it would cost over $400. All service plans I have had in the past paid all but the service call out fee. It's been over a month. Btw I called many times and they always had excuses. Terrible company. My realtor recommended. Always google anything you buy. It'll save you money.

Seems like there is nothing covered on Old Republic Home Protection’s plans. We paid a bit extra to get the "Platinum plan" to cover more things which up to this day. NOTHING has been covered and its been a waste of time calling them and waiting on one of their contractors come to the house. $65 gone down the drain every service call. The first call I made was for a Laundry Pipe that broke off, that was not covered under the warranty because it was moved before they came out. The second call I made was for garage door not working. Considering prior service call I asked since the beginning if there was any exclusions on garage doors they told me NO and told me wear and tear is covered. So I went ahead and scheduled for someone to come out, $65 later they tell us it is not covered. I told them that is the reason I asked before I had someone come out, they said I should have told them it had to do with the springs and tracks.

How am I supposed to know this when I'm not a contractor? I also explained that is same reason I asked since the beginning if there was any exclusions on garage doors. She said all she can do was apologize. They need to train their people better to explain and review coverages from the first call. Everything seems to be excluded either way though. If I would have known or read reviews I would have never gone through them. WORST Company I have dealt with.

Yet another bad review for this company, I have never seen a home warranty service with so many horrible reviews but unfortunately they are all true. I paid $65.00 to Old Republic Home Warranty to send an appliance company out to fix the dishwasher, they sent Oreon Appliances to diagnose and fix the dishwasher. They said it was the pump, replaced it the end of December, by the end of February, I had the same noise as before. Old Republic stated I needed to pay another toll fee of $65.00 for them to come back out to fix the issue again as they don't warranty their parts, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They don't. I said, "Hell no," so they said I could use someone else but I would still have to pay the toll fee of $65.00 again, I said, "No," so here I am.

Then the water heater burst and I had to call Old Republic 7 times and again the next morning to make sure they would have someone come out and replace the hot water heater, and I am on Oxygen 24/7 so you can imagine the night I spent with no water. I had to call them in the morning to make sure they found someone, as it turns out they use this company all the time and he told me he wouldn't of come but he just happened to have one sitting on his truck he needed to get rid of. Unbelievable!!! I didn't know I could have just opted out and have them give me the amount that they would have paid and I could have used a better company with a less expensive water heater, six year warranty at the tune of an extra $400.00. Could have someone else install and gone to Lowe's.

The sad part of this whole situation is that they not only screwed me once but twice and when you're sick and need help your really at a loss, I say shame on them. Karma is a ** and I hope that this company reaps every damn bit of Karma out there. By the time you keep paying the toll fee you could have had the issue resolved in a less expensive manner. Be careful when you purchase a home warranty especially from this company. I would ask to read the warranty prior to paying for one or accepting was as part of the sale. I was given this one from a sale, and my realtor recommended this company. Stay away from Impress Realty and Miranda **, not only did she sell me a lemon she gave me a home warranty just like it. Stay the hell away from both of them. Do your homework before finding a realtor and read the fine print before accepting anything.

I had a GAP Policy with this company and my car was totaled. They did not have to pay anything because I had overpaid. I was told to cancel it by my lender so I did and they now tell me I can't cancel the policy even though there was nothing for them to pay out. This place is the biggest SCAM outfit ever. STAY AWAY. Worst Company EVER.

Old Republic has had the worst customer experience I have ever had. First they send a service tech out here who was extremely rude, wasn't willing to work with my schedule. He didn't even excuse himself. Just walked in my house, put his tools on my bed. Then Old Republic calls me couple days later and tells me they can't cover my unit because they're different Tone unit but they were quick to take my money upfront but weren't willing to send someone out here to check if everything fall under their warranty. They just like to take your money and wash their hands off when they need to take care of business!!! I paid them 650 for warranty unit cost a little less than that. Should have just put that money aside. Don't get Old Republic!!!

My experience with Old Republic Home Projection leaves me to recommend going anywhere else but this insurance provider. I won't bore you with all the details except to say that five months into buying a condo, the furnace broke down. They sent an HVAC guy to look it and the failed part was no longer available. He, therefore, had to replace the entire unit. (I did have a second opinion that arrived at the same conclusion.) The cost was $2850. How much did Old Republic pay? Well, they said they arrived at $711, which just didn't seem right.

But wait there's more. From there they took out $112 for the actual service call, then they charged me another $65 for processing the claim in the first place. That was not at all what I thought I was getting with this insurance. I cannot give a low enough rating of this company. I feel they were very misleading. They gladly accepted the payment for the insurance up front, but then (in my opinion) didn't back it up.

Knowing I was purchasing an older home I knew I wanted a complete home warranty so I had my realtor add one with all options for a cost of $1150.00. I made the bad assumption that spending that much would provide decent service, boy was I wrong. So my air conditioner stop working. I call Old Republic. They take info and tell me their repairman will contact me, so I wait. No contact from their repairman so I call them, no answer. I leave a message.

The next day I call Old Republic again and explain that no one has called. She responds with it's only been one day and that she is not in control of when the repairman calls me. I inform her that I live in Arizona and the temperature outside is 98 which means it's well over a hundred inside my home and I need someone out. She responds with "sorry not my problem. The repairman will be there when they get there". I could not believe my ears and immediately asked to speak to a manager who also had the exact same thing to say and no concern that it's over a hundred in my home. So another day and night of no A/C.

The next day the repairman calls and says he will be out later in the afternoon, so I cancel my plans to wait for him. 5 hours later he calls and says his van broke down and he won't be able to make it today or tomorrow because he isn't sure when he can get his van fixed and that I should call and get a new repairman. **! So I call Old Republic again and they say "we can give you a new repairman but you will go to the bottom of the wait list". I explain their repairman's van broke down and he can't come out. It's not me wanting a different repairman. I just want air! So once again she says "not my problem".

So this whole time this is suppose to be a "priority call" but that's bull. No faster than any other call. You are at their mercy to get out whenever they feel like it. So I get a new repairman, no call from him after waiting awhile so I call him and get voicemail. 4 days now and I'm still without A/C in Arizona. Do not use this company. They have horrible customer service!!!

On 02/16/2017 my plumbing was having issues without getting too personal. "It" spilled over and need attention right away. Recently purchasing my home, the prior owner purchase a home warranty with ORHP. I called to speak to Salan at ORHP on 02/17/2017. She told me that she was going to send out a request for plumbers to call me back. Being that it was a weekend it might be a little longer for them to get back to me.

I called back a couple of hrs since we didn't have working bathroom and sinks. She told me then I could get my own plumber but any work needed to be authorized. She also told me that they needed to do certain things first, ex. snake it out, hydrojet. I told her I was not a plumber but would make sure they talk to them first. We got a plumber to come out we talk to Salan once again. At this point I was thinking how could I keep getting the same person with the same bad attitude, which now after talking to others reps from this company I think it is a requirement.

I submit my receipt right away as of 03/16/0/17, had not heard anything from ORHP. I spoke to Tina today and she said that I had never called. When I told her that I not only called I wrote down the name of the person I spoke to but I had my phone records to provide I called she found the notes. All the calls that I called except the authorization info. When I ask to speak to a supervisor she told me my claim was denied as of today and there was nothing anyone can do. I ask to speak to supervisor anyways and she told me that they would have to call me back. I called again and spoke to Dorena and the same thing. I think this company is a fraud and they have a script to deny. How is it that I called in today and the claim was just denied today.

I would give the company less than one star if I could for the following reasons: I had coverage with ORHP for 7 years so essentially I paid around $5,600 total for coverage and this last year I've had a number of service calls that needed to be completed a total of 5 service calls. I paid $75.00 for each service call but found that 4 our of 5 they did not have a contractor to do the repairs. So what ORHP does is requests you to find a contact with a $100.00 limit on repair or a prior authorization is required and payment for the service is not guaranteed. You pay for the entire service out of pocket and then hope you get reimbursement.

I have a problem with this as it is ORHP responsibility to find a contractor and pay the difference of the copay, that is part of the purpose of the warranty. To put such a restriction the amount allowed to repaired and the entire process when placing this burden on me only additionally causes my tenants to have to wait a longer period of time to get something repaired. So they canceled my renewal for coverage this year so essentially you got my money and now are bailing out from further coverage. This show a real lack of integrity which would explain ORHP has 1.6 star of 5 rating. I wish I had done more research on this company as I never would have picked them because of the lack of integrity.

I had a gas pipe fail at a newly bought home about 2 weeks after purchasing my home. The sellers had signed up with Old Republic to be my 1-year home warranty. Having no experience with dealing with this home warranty company before, I searched their website and saw that gas line failures was a featured part of the warranty. I was even signed up for the "preferred ultimate protection" plan so I thought it all looked great. From looking at the website they seemed legit and all about taking care of its customers and getting things fixed like a home warranty company should. It came complete with testimonials telling how great others experiences were when needing a claim and how Old Republic understands that things will go wrong and they will fix it. I almost started to believe it myself.

From the moment they answered my call I spoke to what seemed like a "disqualifying agent" who listens to your claim and expertly looks for every niche, loophole and clause to separate Old Republic from every part of my problem and end the call as soon as possible. Every sentence was an attempt to close the claim and end it there. I believe that's how one gets the job there. They even have 3 more loopholes in waiting for you in case you prove them wrong and break out of one. It will be one "unfortunately we can't do that because of..." after another. I've never dealt with a company who gives such a consistent onslaught of "unfortunately we can't do that," than this company.

They ultimately told me they wouldn't fix my gas pipe because it was leading from the house to my detached garage 10 feet away to feed the dryer. They told me that it has to be "within the foundation of the home and not outside." I told them that the entire place is my home and therefore it's under the "home warranty." They just kept at it with the "unfortunately we can't..." talk until you finally get sick of hearing it. If you like this type of reasoning they spit at you, then by all means sign yourself up and try it yourself.

I am an honorably discharged Marine Infantry OIF Veteran who is happy to have finally purchased my first home after years of saving. I guess I was naive to have thought a home warranty company purchased for me called Old Republic was going to be stand up and reputable. They're just another "we can't do it" company.

This company stinks. 1) The result of a failed system is not what is best, but what is cheapest. My guess is they keep customers this way because you know their solution will fail sooner rather than later. 2) Their communication is sub par at best -- they do not explain the process when they actually agree to cover an expense. I receive a call that a washing machine is being delivered. Will they hook it up? No. Will they bring to the top floor where the washing machine is? No. Will they dispose of the old/non-repairable machine? No.

I call Old Republic again (this is my 10th call -- that is how bad their customer service is). "Oh, we send someone else out to install it." When will I hear from them? "7-10 business days." I was never told it was a 2 step process, that I would need to dispose of the old machine -- that would have been too customer friendly. 3) 6 weeks to have them authorized a new washing machine and that was only after I raised a stinking fit about how long it was taking. Advice: stay away from this company. Their specialty is HEADACHES.

Our water heater began leaking so we called the home warranty that was purchased when we bought our home last June. They sent out a technician who came out and told us our water heater needs to be replaced. However, somehow, someway, Old Republic charged us $395 as "our portion" to fix the water heater. This is the 2nd time we have had to deal with Old Republic Home Warranty and both time they found a way to NOT PAY for the charges or at least a portion of the charges. We've only had to call them twice and both times they did not hold up what they were supposed to do. Old Republic is a scam and I will NEVER, EVER purchase another policy through them and/or have a home warranty purchased on my behalf through them. Ridiculous.

In GA, where we moved from and in NC it is illegal to change out an outside heat pump without also installing its inside mate -- it is different in SC. You also won't get the 10-year manufacturer warranty unless you change both so Old Republic knows that they don't have to exchange both because only the outside unit is leaking and even though the inside unit is 17 years old and rusty -- they won't pay to exchange it. The technician thinks I should change out the inside unit also and said that he would if he was me and he seems like a reliable person so I will pay for the inside unit to be replaced. If I was in GA I would be out a couple of hundred bucks but in SC it will be 900 but I am still very thankful that OR is going to pay the other 3 thousand. I believe that they are much better than the mass of reviews leads you to believe. I will renew my insurance with them when it becomes due.

First of all it took a few telephone calls before I got any response from service providers; then it took almost a week before they showed up, then nothing happened. I had to contact ORHP to find out that nothing will be done. I don't understand how ORHP can have an A+ rating when they have a 91% Negative rating and almost 1000 complaints. As far as their home warranty it's the worst.

My real estate agent got it for us when we purchased our home. We've had two service providers out for our old hot water heater which needs to be replaced. Neither one told us anything but left a barely legible work order. Because they said the water heater works, we were told there is no repair or replacement unless there is complete failure. WHAT!?! So basically, this warranty is useless. Not to mention, I also received a bill for $65 for absolutely nothing but a guy looking at our water heater who told us we didn't have to pay because no work was done. If I had paid for this protection I would definitely be requesting a refund.

I have dealt with several Home Warranty companies and Old Republic is the worst one in the Kansas City area. They use junk 3rd party vendors... that either don't show up, don't respond for days, if they do show up they refuse to do the work, or they don't know how to do the work. They say they are told to say the warranty doesn't cover the repairs and you can spend weeks trying to get a repair made. They because their vendor doesn't show up when it is 5 below zero to fix a heater... They tell you can "hire" someone else, but after you send them all of the books of documentation they require... they send out what they say they will pay the owner back. It is pennies on the dollar... and never refund close to the cost the owner has incurred.

The vendors have said that since Old Republic pays them so little... it always goes to the bottom of the stack. It will be the last work they do!!! One of my owners was 6 weeks getting them to look at an AC leak, and had to send 3 different vendors out and the first 2 refused to do the repair. I have had one owner tell me that she is so frustrated with them that she refuses to even call them, because they either no showed, couldn't diagnose the problem, or always said it wasn't covered under the warranty.

I spent hours on the phone with different supervisors, they would tell me to call them back at a certain phone extension. When I would call back if you hit that extension it would automatically hang up. The customer service is the worst and when you call Janell ** the Old Republic rep in Kansas City... she acts shocked like she has never heard a complaint about Old Republic nor their vendors. I don't have time to go into all the issues that I have encountered with OLD REPUBLIC, BUT I REFUSE TO EVER ALLOW AN OLD REPUBLIC WARRANTY TO BE WRITTEN ON ANY HOUSE I SELL.

We realized the hot water in our new house has a brownish hue to it, and the water heater constantly makes a popping noise. These are symptoms of residue and buildup in a water heater, which needs to be cleaned out. Per ORHP, they will address issues (even if they are due to poor maintenance) for a new house where the issue wasn't caught during inspection.

So, we opened a ticket with ORHP. They sent a plumber who came over for 5 minutes to tell us that if there's hot water and no leaks, he can't do anything (never mind the fact that the water is brown). He told us that instead, we need to flush the water heater 6 times a day until the residue is gone. I guess they expect I'll just put the rest of my life on hold to take care of this water heater. Presumably to rub salt in the wound, ORHP then proceeded to charge us for the useless service call. Extremely disappointed. I will never recommend this company to anyone and I will be changing companies as soon as the current warranty period is up.

I have had two bad experiences with Old Republic. First, a plumber came, which was arranged for by Old Republic, to clear out a drain stoppage. The plumber looked under the sink and said that since they would have to take apart some piping to access the drain to snake it, they would have to charge me extra. I called Old Republic and they said something along the lines of, "well, if they have to take apart some pipes under the sink, we don't cover that and you (I) will have to pay the plumber extra for that". I checked closer and noted that there was in fact a capped end of a pipe which could be opened up to access the drain without undoing all the pipes under the sink. The plumber was able to do the job and not charge me extra. However, had I not taken the initiative to investigate on my own, Old Republic was more than happy to let the plumber charge me more.

On a second occasion, we had a toilet that was leaking at its base. Old Republic got a plumber to come out and fix it. The plumber moved the toilet back forcefully then left to make a phone call. He returned to say that Old Republic would not cover the service because the seat had been installed incorrectly. He explained that since there was a slight play (he could slightly move the seat (toilet) when he pushed and pulled on it), it meant that the installation had not been done correctly in the first place and thus it was not covered.

He then said I had to pay the $65 copayment in any event and then generously offered (according to him Old Republic had authorized the amount he offered) to do it for an additional $240.00 on top of the $65.00 for a total of $305. I told him thanks but no thanks and got our skilled handyman to come and do it for much less. I asked him if he had noted any problem with the original installation and he said it was just fine (it was toilet installed by the builder). So, Old Republic was just fine with having this plumber charge me a total of $305.00 for a 1 hour job (it took the handyman 50 minutes to do the job).

I contacted Old Republic (big mistake) to explain that the person I had do the work had told me that the initial installation was just fine and that wax seal frequently just fail on their own, which is what happened. Old Republic asked that the handyman call them and that they would consider what he had to say (to return my $65.00 copayment) if the repairman was certified. Well, you guessed it, I got nowhere because the repairman I used was not certified. Look elsewhere for a more customer friendly and caring provider.

ORHP was set up at closing in August 2016 by my realtor who told me they had had good results with ORHP. My experience has been the mirror image of the other dissatisfied customers on this page. Now I am paying a fortune to have my furnace fixed because it is one month before the manufacture's parts warranty expires. Note it is a "parts warranty" nothing more but ORHP takes the position that it, ORPH, is exempted under the policy because the unit has an existing "warranty". Such a scam--there needs to be a class action lawsuit filed against ORHP.

Expert Review

Michele LernerMortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.    More about Michele→

Old Republic Home Protection has been in business for more than 40 years. Founded in 1974 as Dependable Home Warranty, which provided services only in California, the company joined Old Republic International in 1982 and has been expanding the number of states it serves annually.

• Enhanced coverage: Unlike most home warranty companies, Old Republic covers repairs or replacements even if the problem is due to lack of maintenance, rust or an unknown pre-existing condition.
  • Customer satisfaction: Old Republic conducts weekly random surveys of their customers to provide an additional check on their service providers.
  • High coverage limits: Old Republic covers the repair or replacement of most items up to $1000 to $1500 per year; kitchen refrigerators are covered up to $2500.
  • Delayed coverage: While the warranty program goes into effect immediately if it’s purchased during a real estate transaction, the coverage is delayed for 30 days after payment if a homeowner purchases it.
  • Cancellation fee: While there’s no penalty for cancelling within the first 20 days, after that, customers will pay a 10% penalty in some states.
  • Best for home sellers, first-time homebuyers and real estate agents.

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans