Old Republic Home Protection

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Home we purchased came with a one year plan. We called for three different items in first 9 months. They fixed one of these problems. They have loopholes for the big ticket items. We had a problem with the pool heater that had been working and obviously been there for years. The technician they send over says it's installed incorrectly, not covered, and here's an estimate for almost $4000.00. Old Republic Home Protection then sends us a $55.00 bill for the trade call. I can get a free heater estimate from any company. It was in the technician's best interest to say it was installed incorrectly. This is a scam, very shady!!!

This company OLD REPUBLIC is a joke. Purchased home a few months ago. A/C went out and they refuse to cover. Saying the ducting was not the correct size which it was completely wrong. They said ducting airflow was 13" when it was 19". This is really poor company not recommended at all.

We had an AC guy come out that the inspector recommended for our new home. He said he needed to some repairs and would come back. The cost would be about $350.00. We called OR to use our home warranty instead for the first time. First company cancelled after 5 days of no AC so we had to wait another day for a second company. When the guy shuffled in he said the only problem was it needed more Freon. I was like, "That doesn't seem normal, I usually don't have to add Freon to my AC unit." His response was basically, ..."Oh, well. That will be $100.00." And you pay just to get them to leave. Where does the Freon go???

The compressor on our AC went out. Initially they said they would cover the claim but called back to say the manufacturer has a lifetime warranty on the compressor, so they would not cover it. The problem is, the manufacturer only covers the part - no labor, Freon or replacement vent required for repair. They said they won't cover any of that since it's related to the compressor, even if the manufacturer won't cover it. So I paid $595 for the plan, with a $100 service call fee to end up paying $900 out of pocket in repair labor and expenses. BEWARE if any of your covered appliances have a manufacturer's warranty on any part, and this part fails, you are stuck paying the entire repair bill yourself. Manufacturer's "warranty" is not always synonymous with "free repair." You are stuck paying labor and any related parts that need to be replaced in the process.

Old Republic Home Protection will do NOTHING to help you. It's a loophole that most people are not aware of, and you won't find this out until the unit fails. They won't help you contact the manufacturer and order the part either. You are on your own. Terrible company and you are better off putting that money in the bank each year and saving it for repairs yourself.

This company is a joke. Purchased home a few months ago. A/C went out and they refuse to cover. Saying animal urine ruined the unit and it's a pre existing condition. I don't have any pets. Scam scam scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Republic Home Protection?

This company sells a home warranty with vaguely worded coverage. Their home warranty plan lists that they will cover a refrigerator but they fail to distinguish between the many different types of refrigerators. Their competition is very specific in listing the different types of units including all designs and specifically covering all types as long as they are located in the kitchen. Old Republic and their competition specifically exclude "additional units" that are not in the kitchen. They are refusing coverage for my freezer because it's designed as 2 separate units but they will pay to replace an entire unit based on a broken freezer IF it is attached to the refrigerator even if the function of the refrigerator is not degraded.

The fact that they did not distinguish between the multiple types of refrigerators should mean that my unit is covered simply because they cover all other units that are not distinguished in their plan. Their customer service manager, Pam, hung up the phone on me today then they blocked me from being able to communicate with them on Facebook because I posted my question publicly. This was only done after they hung up on me for asking a question directly related to the reasoning they listed for denying my claim. All of this occurred after they attempted to deny my claim for a bogus reason that the internal thermal shell was not covered. It took me calling the manufacturer to find out that the internal thermal shell was simply the plastic inside the unit. That is not broken.

My freezer won't freeze and that is supposed to be the reason that people purchase these plans. I don't believe that Old Republic is acting in good faith and I believe that the intent and spirit of their plan never meant to exclude my freezer. I read the plan as excluding "additional" refrigerator or freezer and that makes sense. But this is not an additional unit. It's my only freezer and it's in my kitchen.

We purchased a warranty policy with the purchase of a home. After 30 days issues began to arise. We had trouble with the dishwasher, water softener and swimming pool. The company did send someone to repair the dishwasher, but after two services calls was unable to repair the unit. The unit needs to be replaced and the company will not provide a settlement for replacement and only wants to continue making repairs which are clearly unproductive. The water softener is not functioning and the swimming pool actuator for the filter system is in need of repair. The company claims neither of these are covered, although it is clearly stated in the policy that they are. I would not recommend purchasing a warranty policy from this company, they do not stand behind their product.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Terrible experience. Check recent complaints with the Better Business Bureau before buying this warranty. I made a service request for a pipe leak, weeks before my warranty renewal. No contractor was assigned. After a few days I received an email that said they would not renew my warranty and a call that they would cancel my service request if I did not call them. I called them and was told my service request had already been canceled. I made a new request with two weeks left on my contract. They sent me a Plumber who said I had a pipe leak, but he didn't repair slab leaks. I called and they sent another plumber High Priority Plumbing who would not give their price before the job to jackhammer the slab and repair it.

An ORHP rep told me don't pay The plumber. ORHP would bill me an extra $1250 over my $500 to do the job. NO OTHER TRADE FEES. Upon completion the plumber Justin of High Priority Plumbing demanded a check for $1265 and had me call ORHP. The ORHP rep said, "Pay the man and you will owe NO OTHER TRADE FEES." Two weeks later I received two trade call fee bills in the mail. I called ORHP and still I received a bill for one trade call fee. I called again and they said it was resolved. After one month the pipes burst in two places and the ORHP warranty was gone. The plumber Justin would not fix anything without more money, and ORHP sent me a collection letter for their trade call fee. Good luck.

Three months after I moved into my home, my refrigerator, which was less than 5 years old, stopped working. They sent a company out. The fan was replaced. It began working again. Okay. $100 out for the service, but fine. Five months later, the fridge stopped working again. Over the course of two weeks, two different techs replaced the motherboard, which didn't work, then broke the seal system to find that there was no refrigerant, put more in and resealed the fridge. Finally, this started it working again. For a week and a half.

Between the deductibles, replacing food, and work that had to be done to get the fridge accessible, I was out about $600. At this point, they sent out the previous tech, who looked at it and was like, "Well, the refrigerant is gone again, which has caused the compressor to die." Since the tech told them the refrigerant leak was unfixable, they finally agreed to replace it. I had by now rented a refrigerator, so that I wouldn't have to live without one for another two weeks or more. That and replacing food again brought me up to about $850.

They offered to give me the latest model of what I had--which, no thanks, it's clearly a crap fridge--or cash me out for "the remainder allowed on the fridge”. From this, I get that basically, they subtract what they spent trying to fix the fridge--despite me repeatedly trying to get them to just replace it as there was clearly something very wrong--from the sum total of replacing it. I took the cash out offer. After they'd confirmed all my information, they called me to say that they had made a mistake and that the cash offer was actually $70 less than what they'd told me. Since I had accepted their offer, I informed them that this was a breach of contract, but that I also knew that without hiring an attorney and spending a bunch of money, I wasn't going to get them to behave as they should.

The contact person grudgingly stated that they would look into getting the $70 paid on "goodwill" since "it was only $70”. And sure, it is. But I will have spent about $1000 on this situation since it started. Roughly about $600 of which was completely avoidable, so the $70 kind of matters to me. Basically ** customer service. They do not care about you, and good luck getting any actual value out of the warranty.

They would not find anyone to repair my LG refrigerator. Said that no one was in their system to repair in my area so I would have to do it and they would reimburse me for the expense. I wanted to help ORHP to save money and be as helpful as possible by getting LG warranty to pay as much as possible, if possible. I went through LG and finally got it repaired after 6 weeks. LG warranty only paid for parts which I had to pay just under 1K for labor. When I went to get reimbursed from ORHP they refused and told me that since the LG was cover under warranty that they did not have to reimburse me. They knew this all along and had plenty of opportunities to reveal this information. This was their plan from the start and a complete cover up. I could have just hired someone to fix it regardless of the cost and stuck it to them. I felt that was not the right thing to do. Unfortunately, ORHP is not honest, forthcoming and does not care about doing the right thing. If you have ORHP or considering them, then you should know this beforehand and now consider yourself, forewarned.

I bought a home warranty (Platinum Policy, their best) from this company when I bought my house. Two months later, I called them to replace a valve. Two teenagers showed up at my house and told me they can't do the job and left. After many many calls to the plumbing company who is in bed with Old Republic (Lakeview Plumbing), I was not getting anywhere. Then I started calling Old Republic. I was put on hold for almost an hour, then hung up on. After many experiences like this, I was told that they will not cover the job and hung up on me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST RUN AROUND AND DO NOT HONOR THEIR CONTRACT. If they would allow me to give less than one star, I would. I may be out $700, but I am all over the internet telling people about my experience. I think it has cost them more than that in business.

This company has the worst customer service. Our Ac went out and it is near 100 degrees here. They never could schedule a technician. Apparently they subcontract all their tickets and have no actual technician that work for them. They could not come till 4 days later. UNACCEPTABLE! I have a baby and they had no compassion about the hot temperature for her. Their exact words, "Get a fan". Who says that to a customer? You pay for this contact and get NOTHING. Needless to say I had to schedule my own service company and now they refuse to pay for it. Not sure how this company is still in business after all the reviews I have read!

I contacted Old Republic in April 2017 about what appeared to be a water leak coming from my downstairs a/c air handler. They dispatched a shady, "Mom and Pop" company to come out and survey the situation. I paid $75 for them to come out (deductible). They diagnosed the situation as "faulty condensation pump, needs coil, needs freon". It was determined that these issues were covered, and they were supposed to come back out and fix it. They never came. I tried calling the contractor repeatedly, and never received an answer or reply. Two and a half months have gone by, the situation still is not fixed. Now, my upstairs A/C is not working correctly.

I called them back, only for them to say that they couldn't contact the contractor either and they were transferring my claim to another contractor. I asked when this would be done, because it's been two months. The rep rudely told me that "they would get to it when they got around to it," and that "I'm not the only person needing service". I asked to speak to a supervisor, which she refused to let me do. I was told I have two options: I can either wait until they get around to sending someone else out, or I can pay out of pocket and maybe they'll reimburse me. For being a supposedly reputable business, they sure don't act like one. My realtor chose this company. I did not.

New house purchase came with this "wonderful" warranty. What a joke. The AC quit after a month. Called to schedule a tech to look at it. Being in the height of summer it took 5 days to get the visit. Tech finds a leak but can't fix it right then because he has to wait for authorization. Well that took 5 more days and then only after I agree to pay $119 more for a "flush". It's a scam so far, with every service call requiring a $65 service fee. That's how they get you, forcing the payment of "extras" not covered to make up for the low entry cost of the plan.

I have spent the last 24 hours making no less than 15 calls to ORHP to get a service call to fix the power that went out in half my home yesterday. I was disconnected from sitting on hold 8x, today I have Sat on hold for 3 hours between 3 phone calls and I still do not have an appt. I placed an order online and that person has indicated they can't come out that ORHP just assigns calls to them and doesn't check to see if they can come out. So after all that, I sit here 24 hours later without electric and no appt. Did I mention that next week is my renewal and they want $750 bucks to renew! I am sitting on hold right now at 62 minutes and it just said my hold time would be 45 minutes. These people don't care to even try to answer the phone.

My husband and I purchased this home and home warranty Jan. 2017 as recommended by my agent for premier protection. As it turns out when the weather warmed up and we needed AC it wouldn't put out cold air. Been going back and forth since May 31st. It is now July 5th and still no air conditioning here and in Oklahoma where the weather is hot and muggy. I am not satisfied with the multiple calls I have had to make, the multiple people I have had to deal with, up to the Assistant of the Executive Director.

They finally got out on June 29th with a supposedly new compressor and it was defective. I get different stories from the technician and Old Republic Home Protection Company, Inc. on who's not doing their job. The technician told me putting in a new compressor, I will be lucky if it last 24 hrs. to 2 months because the AC is over 15 yrs. old. He said we need a new AC but Old Republic just will keep repairing it as cheap as possible until the warranty runs out.

This is the most incompetent company I have had to deal with. Each person gives you a different story. I am disgusted! Had to buy fans and now finally purchased a $550 air conditioner to use in the home due to the extreme heat. Is ridiculous when I paid to have this warranty. I am more than out of patience with this company. They have lied to me multiple times and make excuses for why the work isn't done. I have had over 90 degree temperatures in my home. The majority of the time with the ceiling and floor fans going and windows and doors open. I am going in circles. Even my real estate agent contacted them and we have still no air conditioning. I have the name, dates, times, and results of every call I have made documented.

AC went out day we moved in. They did not cover the expense. It is so frustrating when you pay all that money for insurance, your AC goes out, and they find a reason not to cover the cost. No excuses. Worthless company. If your realtor is using this company find another realtor. You're paying for nothing.

This company is a complete scam. We have been a loyal customer since 2004 and the service was great until it started going downhill over the last 5 years. They contract sub-par and the least experienced plumbers, technicians in order to pay the lowest rate. We have paid for at least 3 visits (one has to pay a $60 service visit fee each time) where the technician or plumber couldn't even fix the issue. We wasted valuable time and had to "live" with the issue until they could send someone else out who still could not fix it.

The most recent time this happened, we refused to pay the $60 fee - the plumber came out, obviously didn't have the right sized snake and so came up with this crazy idea that he needed to get another connector product to solve the issue, wasted 2 hours of our time as he tried to "fix" it only to lead to more water overflow. Then he had to undo what he had installed, tried to charge us for the product that did NOT fix it and then wanted us to pay the $60 fee. We said "NO WAY, send someone who can fix it and we'll pay the fee." He leaves sheepishly (we actually felt a little badly for him b/c we BLAME OLD REPUBLIC for being such cheapskates and not hiring experienced technicians!) knowing he just wasted 2+ hours of our time and did not fix the issue and then we call Old Republic who states they can't send anyone out for a little while but "Oh by the way, they want their $60.00".

My 70 year old father arrives the next day with the right sized snake and fixes our plumbing issue in 45 minutes. My 70 year old father helped us fix what Old Republic could not do. I then spend time talking and sending correspondence to Old Republic explaining why we do not feel it's right we owe them the $60 fee. They do not want to listen and start threatening to have a creditor chase us. Then we get a bill for $85 which includes an upcharge for the $60.00 fee.

Because Old Republic obviously won't listen to us - we pay the $85.00 fee, we do not renew when our policy comes up for renewal and now feel cheated by a company who obviously has no morals - especially in looking at their other reviews both on Consumer Affairs and on Yelp. Old Republic Home Warranty/Protection is an awful company with absolutely no customer service and does not have the ability to fix most things you are paying them for coverage to fix. I would give them ZERO stars if I could.

Would rate them zero stars if possible. They are the most expensive home warranty service. They claim they are more expensive due to superior service. This could not be further from the truth. Within one month of purchasing our home the air conditioner broke, leaked and caused drywall damage. After waiting 3 days in 100+ temp with no air conditioning for the service rep to show up, Old Republic refused to provide any warranty service. They said that the air conditioning unit was one quarter inch off from being level and if the unit is not perfectly level, it's not covered. I left a message for the manager at Old Republic and of course never received a callback. This is the most ridiculous excuse for denying coverage.

The seller even paid more for the warranty for the a/c coverage. We had to pay for all repairs and I'm still leaving messages for the manager weeks later and not one returned call. Our washer broke today with a full load of wet laundry and completely full of water. They told me it would be 7 days before a service person would even call to schedule the appointment! The machine will be ruined if it sits for 7 days full of water. The rep, Carol **, was extremely rude when I told her that was not reasonable and we needed timely service. I asked to speak with a manager and was once again transferred to voicemail. I doubt they even have managers there. Probably just voicemail boxes that no one listens too. Save your money and all the headaches of dealing with this company. You may as well negotiate a reduction in the purchase price instead of asking the seller to pay for this warranty. They will not even return calls let alone provide service.

I had a leak in my shower/tub. A plumber was called out, but they were only allowed to use a cheap generic replacement faucet that was not compatible with the existing tile access holes in my shower. They gave to option to give a cashout, but the amount they gave was only $200. I took the cash, but then the plumber charged his own rate (not the pre-negotiated rate). So I was stuck with a bill for over $1200 from the plumber and the drywall repair that needed to be completed after. I never even had the chance to shop around for the best price. This entire process took about 2 months, and many many frustrated phone calls and emails. I was too upset to pay the $60 initial visit fee so they sent me to collections! My tenants almost sent me to court for this process taking so long. Please, or please... I warn you... never do business with this company. They are a bunch of crooks unfortunately.

My 67 year old mother and her dog have been without air conditioning for 7 days. The part was ordered and has been received by the repair company since Tuesday but company is not able to install until next week which will mean 14 DAYS WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING IN LAS VEGAS WITH AIR AND THE OUTSIDE TEMP IS 11O DEGREES. This is absolutely unheard of... I feel a lawsuit brewing as I am sure several personal injury attorneys would love to take this case. Never will I recommend this company to anyone... If anyone out there can help, please call!

5 days ago, I called and told them there is issue on Water Heater. Now, it is out of use. 24 hours service but as per them this is not urgent issue. Also even they do not know service fee for this situation. I'm not saying they are bad, I'm saying all those reviews are truth... Simply their business understanding someone will come your home, messed it up or not resolved. They will not listen up you. Then you will find one other company and fix this out.

I contacted Old Republic Home Protection on May 17th because my AC was not cooling down to the temperature on the thermostat. The company they sent showed up in a beat up van and not clear markings of any business. The gentleman barely spoke English and had no company ID or even a shirt. He "inspected" the unit, which he deemed was working perfect.

June 18 my AC is completely frozen inside and outside. They send the same co back (which prevented me from paying another 100.00 trade fee) and the technician walked in and asked me what the problem was. I told him my AC wasn't working and he stated it's because it isn't turned on. I couldn't believe that he even had a clue about anything AC related. I then showed him my 20 pictures that I had taken and magically he knew what was wrong. I needed a new AC (the one I had was original and 25 years old). He waited 2 days before he even told the warranty company what was wrong. Then it took 3-5 business days to get it sent to his company.

I called Old Home Republic who couldn't tell me the status of the unit until it had been 5 days (their policy). I then asked how long does a company have to report an issue they found with the homes? I was told 24 hours, 48 hours and then 72 hours which means they don't know. The outside unit was installed on 6/28/17 and once they tried to hook it up to the air handler it started smoking.

At this point I need a new air handler which will take 2 weeks for the company to do and cost me over 600.00 or I can have the coils replaced and pay over 400.00. The company Air Lingus then decided to use my garden pavers to prop up the unit outside (I have pictures). They also leave trash scattered around the new AC unit. I've been on the phone with Old Republic for 52 minutes and counting right now. Don't waste your money with this home warranty company. I'm going on almost 3 weeks of no AC in the middle of summer. They could care less and I would really like to see Air Lingus, VA license and insurance.

This company is denying my claim of a service request I submitted for my AC unit. On May 2, 2017 I put an offer on a house. The inspection report was completed May 5, 2017 which stated AC unit is in good working order, however request it be serviced due to condensation dripping. On May 31, 2017, the seller of the house had an HVAC contractor come to service the AC unit, which he did and noted on the receipt 'AC unit in good working order'. I closed on the house June 7, 2017.

Between June 7 - June 17, I was in the house daily - painting, cleaning, etc. getting ready to move in. While in the house during this time, I definitely had the AC running and it was working fine.

I moved in the house June 17, 2017. On June 19, 2017 the upstairs AC would not come on at all. I called Old Republic the next day to put in a service request. They have told me repeatedly that my claim is denied because I stated that the AC was never working. This COMPLETELY FALSE. I would have never said that because it simply was not true. I asked Old Republic to provide this documentation of me verbally saying this, which they could not. I provided the Inspection Report Receipt AND the servicing contractor's receipt, which both note the AC to be IN GOOD WORKING ORDER. Old Republic has continued to deny the service order and WILL NOT fix or service the AC in any way. This company is WORTHLESS!!!!

DO NOT use this company! They sent a technician to my home to stop water coming out from the air handler (most likely condensation from the tube). The technician wanted to demolish my brand new bathroom to gain access to the drain to see if the clog in the condensation tube was there. He tried to blow out the line with air compressor and since that didn't work. The demo of my bathroom was his fix... Instead of opening up the sheetrock on the other side of the wall. I had to contact someone else who was not covered by the plan but ORHP said I should have them submit a proposal and they would check to see what was covered... BUT if they found out that it was something that is covered by the original manufacturer they would pay nothing.

I bought this home recently. How am I about to track down the original installer and find out what was covered. The Unit is on the roof of my third floor condo and the air handler naturally inside my unit. Since the original tech couldn't fix it I still needed to pay for the service call $75 for nothing! This should be a very simple fix. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Our water heater stopped working so we called. They came out 3 days later. Yes a family of 4 had to take cold showers for 3 days. The tech said the water heater is old and should be replaced. He said I can reset it to see if it will stay lit and showed me how to do it in case it keeps going off. When he called Old Republic they told him reset it and leave, don't replace it. The tech said I should at least replace the pilot mechanism. They said, "No. If the pilot came on you're done." $75.00 down the tubes. It has been tripping twice a day and I called. Not happy with their response. I’m still waiting for a call back from the tech.

We've been dealing with Old Republic for over a month on getting leaks in our pool fixed. They originally tried to send an HVAC company out to inspect the pool, but we explained that was incorrect. Once inspected the pool company confirmed three leaks. Old Republic won't cover any of them and it took a month for them to figure this out! I could have just had the pool fixed and not had $900 in water bills in this same time frame. They will try to get out of paying for anything. They stink and just want your money. Run for the hills and get another insurance company with some integrity, if that is even possible.

After paying $100 fee for water heater leak Surprise it's an additional $280 for permits codes etc. or they will give us $400 toward a new heater that will take TWO WEEKS! Any water damage in the two weeks is not their problem. They also send repair people who work from home with wife answering the phone! They hung up on me!!!

Would give them zero stars if it was possible. Only reason we got them was it came with the house when I bought the house. We live in Frederick County, Maryland. They should have stated that they don't support our county upfront. Had a fridge and dishwasher go out. They kept trying to find a service repair person to come out to my house to fix my fridge. Took multiple calls to the office to make sure someone was coming out. Would be told that "someone is heading to you today." Took the day off work and waited all day.

Called the next day and they told me the repair person said they came by. At which point I said I was home all day. Then they said, "oh sorry the repair person said you're too far for them." I asked, "can I go find a local Repair shop?" When I was told that they have repair shops near you. Once we got a repair person he stated that he came from the other side of Baltimore City. A 3 hour trip for him. He ordered the part for the fridge which took another 2 weeks to get in. And then another week before they came back out to install the part. At which part the repair person said this happens a lot with this fridge. It was the ice maker motor which was around $600 and it went out again with-in 3 months. And replaced again at which point I asked to go buy a new fridge.

I asked for my dishwasher to be fixed and they gave me the run around for 3 weeks at which point I used youtube to fix the issue myself. Again 2 weeks before Thanksgiving my stove board went out. Called Old Republic and was told it would be weeks before someone could come out and take a look. So I again went to youtube, and ordered the part and fixed it again. Unless you live in Baltimore this company won't come out and fix anything in a timely matter at all. Now they keep calling to get me to buy an extension of their crappy plan.

I called on June 1 to report a problem, they said they would have someone get in touch with me, I HAD TO CALL THEM! This contractor could not fix my refrigerator after a two-day wait, and $100. He said it needed to be replaced, they said that he could not fix it so they sent someone else, who had to order 3 parts, they told me the parts would be in Friday JUNE 9 and the contractor would be out to fix the refrigerator Monday June 12. I called the contractor and they say they never told them that because the part is set for delivery on Monday 12th that's why they never gave me a time that the service would be done. You can't ever speak with a manager and with my husband diabetic medicine needing to be kept in the refrigerator this wasn't a priority. AWFUL COMPANY. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!

Expert Review

Michele LernerMortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.    More about Michele→

Old Republic Home Protection has been in business for more than 40 years. Founded in 1974 as Dependable Home Warranty, which provided services only in California, the company joined Old Republic International in 1982 and has been expanding the number of states it serves annually.

• Enhanced coverage: Unlike most home warranty companies, Old Republic covers repairs or replacements even if the problem is due to lack of maintenance, rust or an unknown pre-existing condition.
  • Customer satisfaction: Old Republic conducts weekly random surveys of their customers to provide an additional check on their service providers.
  • High coverage limits: Old Republic covers the repair or replacement of most items up to $1000 to $1500 per year; kitchen refrigerators are covered up to $2500.
  • Delayed coverage: While the warranty program goes into effect immediately if it’s purchased during a real estate transaction, the coverage is delayed for 30 days after payment if a homeowner purchases it.
  • Cancellation fee: While there’s no penalty for cancelling within the first 20 days, after that, customers will pay a 10% penalty in some states.
  • Best for home sellers, first-time homebuyers and real estate agents.

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans