3.34/5

143 Budget Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We thought we'd get our money's worth by paying $1,500 for a set of two lateral and one frontal set of Hunter Douglas sheer transition shades for our bay window. The company never mentioned that there are numerous intrinsic flaws in the design of the product, beginning with the fabric used by the manufacturer which crumples up (the sheer side) with changes in temperature; or that the cord mechanism is very temperamental and unreliable and, as a result, it will absolutely not work one day or for several days in a row, and suddenly, one day it works.

The company has sent the installer not once, not twice, but three times in 2 months to replace the entire set of shades and not once has the staff even hinted an apology for the lack of quality of the product; the store owner said she has the same problem and she just "lives with it." The third time the blinds failed, the owner did not even return my call but, instead, had the installer call me to question whether the reason the shades fail is perhaps that I do not know how to use them! How quickly he forgot that they failed in his presence the first time he installed them, that he was shocked to see how crumpled they were the second time he installed them, and that after the third time he said they would probably fail again and the company would simple offer to install a different type of shades! The company will not issue a refund. And they only accept cash upfront as form of payment. Run away from this type of business.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I used Budget Blinds to outfit 8 windows in my newly built condo with Matchstick shades. It cost about $1600. The consultant told me they would filter enough light for privacy in my living room. WRONG. At night, my every move was visible. The liners they used for the shades in my bedroom looked crumpled, and promptly discolored, in addition to not filtering light so my bedroom was too light. The strings all broke within a couple years (and the pulls cracked) with VERY light use (I live alone and don't have kids). The quality was garbage and I'm disgusted that I have to replace all the shades because they look cheap, disgusting and don't filter light.

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We were told that our blinds would be delivered in 6 or 7 weeks. After 8 weeks we called. Miraculously our blinds would be the next day and would be installed only three weeks late. The order was screwed up and could of not be finished. We were then told that a “rush“ was put on our order and that we get priority. After two weeks of NO ACTION we called for an update. Once again, our order MIRACULOUSLY ARRIVED. I then asked to speak to the owner about this poor service and was told he would call me TODAY. Surprise - IT DID NOT HAPPEN. You should be careful about business with the very unorganized franchise.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Pleated shades and wood blinds - I call and they came out. Was told that they could fix them. Waited and contacted them over 4 weeks. They finally came out & told me that they did not have the parts to fixed and walked into my new carpet with dirty shoes on. He was very combated and ever begin to argue with me. Will not recommend them ever to anyone.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Very Pleased With Custom Window Treatments. The estimator, Cathy, arrived timely for our appointment and was wonderfully patient as I dithered over choices. The installers were on time, clean, courteous, and efficient. I have an older home and none of the windows were standard size. I am very pleased with the final product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

Original review: March 26, 2018

We needed installation for the selling of our house quickly. They were good, they were efficient and prompt with installation. Also, easy to find and schedule for service. Quality for a reasonable and affordable price. Cost effective for putting in blinds in a whole house.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Easy to shop, they have an in home consultation so you don't measure wrong. The in home consult makes everything easier and smoother. Love the different styles that they have to offer. So many types to choose from to find which goes best in your home. Easy to understand the process. Salespeople not as pushy as other places.

Original review: March 23, 2018

They work very well. They work flawlessly and provide great protection from sunlight among other things that I have used before in the past. They also provide comfortable atmosphere for my family to enjoy our everyday lives. I would recommend these blinds to anyone in search of replacements at a moment's notice. Features I like are the durability and reliability of the blinds. The price is just right that I can purchase comfortably. Although they could lower the cost and improve the quality of the product. Other than that they are a great product and easy to use. Probably the best blinds that I have ever came across in my entire life. I could not ask for anything better to have in my home.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Window coverings, Hunter Douglas Vertiglide - In April of 2017 I placed an $8,696.00 order with Budget Blinds in Sarasota FL. The bedroom blinds had to be returned because they were too long to install. They also did not measure from corner to corner as I’d ordered and paid for, but I let that go. The living room measurements were completely wrong and the blinds went back. The new blinds arrived and I think they might have been too long. Once again they were installed and before long one panel proved to be defective. They were “fixed” several times with no result. The third time the panel was to be replaced the wrong color was delivered. The correct replacement blind was installed and before long proved once again to be defective. It is almost a year since my original order. Still not completed and no one is answering my telephone calls.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Budget Blinds are very high quality and have great organized website that's easy to navigate and simple to use. They have lot of variety of colors and sizes to choose from and different styles and content that I could never find anywhere else. They have fair shipping rates and fast shipping too. I would recommend them to anyone who needs this type of product. It has been very satisfying, fun, and very convenient. To me Budget Blinds is perfect.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Budget Blinds professionally installed plantation shutters on my windows and also covering my sliding glass door in the basement in my home. Price was reasonable and quality of product was good. Shutters makes rooms look more updated and I especially love the sliding glass door shutters. They look very "beachey." The shutters look much cleaner and more modern than curtains and I'm very happy with the look and material used. They look like real wood. Window shutter are easy to use unlike regular blinds that don't always work well. Shutters were installed almost 10 years ago and they have held up very well and still look brand new. My overall experience was very positive.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We had a good experience. They were great. They came out and finished the work within the time frame they said they would. We would use them again in the future. However, prices were very high. We had hoped they would be cheaper because when we first spoke with them they quoted us on a lower price, but when it finally go to doing the work the prices went up and that was very disappointing. But, the customer service was good. They were always honest about the pricing too. They kept us in the loop at all times and we were able to prepare for things accordingly.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The experience was good enough. The prices were good and I felt that I got a good deal on what I purchased. But, they could have a wider selection of blinds and could have better technology like Amazon has. There could always be lower prices that would be an improvement to me. However, I like the fact that they have deals as good as Amazon. I didn't think that I would find a place online that could compare to them. Also, the website is simple and easy to navigate. I will probably try them again.

Original review: March 18, 2018

These blinds are acceptable and basic. They are easy to use and they work the way I need them to work, go up and down easily. Not too touchy on the spring. I would probably buy them again as the price was also acceptable for what I used them for. But, I wish they were easier to install. I always have a hard time getting them positioned correctly. I also would like them to come in different colors that are available locally. But, these blinds are thick enough to darken the room the way I wanted.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Budget Blinds has a great selection of blinds of all types for every budget ranging from all sizes, types and colors. Their salespeople are very knowledgeable and polite and help you pick the right blind for your home. Budget Blinds is consistent and everything is fine as it is at this time. I'm pleased and satisfied.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I knew automatic blinds are an interesting feature and I also like the eco-friendly options they have available. They are very organized on the website to show you all different size blinds. I like the in-home consultation they have on figuring out what would work best for me and my home. The customer service was great and the salespeople helped me find all the right sizes and different styles for me. Also, their prices are more reasonable than most the companies I looked at for the style I was looking for.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The experience was okay. However, I had to physically track down a sales male to be able to get my blinds. They seemed to not want to help me but I ended up taking care of the situation with no more problems. Despite the interaction I had with the staff I like the blinds because they seem to be of good quality and have not messed up like my old blinds used to do. These blinds do not fall apart that easily and I am happy to see that. I just think that you should be a bit more flexible in your prices because I think that some of the prices were too high to be at a place with the name budget in the title. Then again maybe I am just frugal and that is the problem.

Original review: March 11, 2018

It was easy to use Budget Blinds' website and it was easy to order. The customer service was good and the prices were very competitive, but the stop mechanism were cheap. It is very frustrating to adjust the blinds several times just to get them to stop accurately at the right level. I'd love to see Budget Blinds use better or different blind stop systems.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Was looking for custom requirements of unusual spaces. Budget Blinds was willing to customize and work around a rushed install schedule. The price was competitive and fair. And the installers were friendly and professional. One set of blinds had a bad gear though, but was repaired within a week. I will have to wait to see if they last. They don't have a good solution for covering the overlap between blinds where windows meet as well. But the experience has been mostly positive.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This is a very Pleasant company to do business with, extremely easy to work with, and very professional. They are friendly to many levels of budget needs and constraints. They have an extensive variety in offerings, which are quickly available in a wide range of prices, styles decorative genres. After dealing with this company I had no issues with any part of the process interacting with them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had a great shopping experience with Budget Blinds through the whole looking at various blinds to deciding which ones I was most interested in, to actually purchasing the blinds for my home. They have a great variety of different shapes, sizes, and colors of blinds to choose from. They have great customer service, friendly employees who greet you with a smile and offer a helping hand. They are attentive to the customers’ needs and always available to answer any questions that you might have. They have convenient locations to shop at and find what you want or need. However, they could have more advertising available for customers and potential customers to attract more business and help expand their business even more than currently.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Our first order was incorrect. Once replaced the slats were warped and uneven. When the franchise owners came to our home they seemed clueless about blinds; they didn't know what the top brackets were about and took them off. We learned when we had someone else come in that they were there to keep the blinds open evenly. Our purchase was the worst decision we made in improving our home. If you're looking to sell or flip your house, these may work. If you want to be pleased for the long run, find a more reputable company even if you have to pay a little more.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I like Budget Blinds, but I think the name should be changed. Just a tip. Blinds are blinds, how hard can it be? They give you privacy and keep out the sun. The name Budget Blinds is tacky, it makes one think of moving vans and boxes, Shell stations, bubble wrap and packaging tape, gas mileage... not home decor and stuff.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased two sets of blinds from Budget Blinds and they were good quality for the price. They were shipped and delivered very fast and I was happy about that. It has good quality plastic, thick enough to where they don't tear up easy, they pull up with ease and I can open or shut them easily. When I got the blinds the color wasn't what I expected so I contacted customer support and they handled it very fast and I was very pleased with the outcome. I actually got my brother to order 2 sets after he has seen the blinds and ask where I got them. He was also very pleased with the quality of his blinds and how fast they arrived for the price he paid. I was satisfied with my overall experience and I will be ordering more from Budget Blinds come spring because I want to change the color in my living room and bedroom.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I really like doing business online. Have not had these blinds for a great amount of time but they are holding up extremely well. Quality is good. All my neighbors have commented on how much of an improvement they are. It’s great and very durable with tons of options. I like the durability because with young children and pets they get a lot of wear and tear. Also I’ve noticed that with four cats the pet hair does not cling to these blinds as they did with my previous blinds. The pet hair kind of statically clung to the other blinds. I keep my kid away from blinds as much as possible so he doesn't destroy them. I feel no blind can be totally kid resistant.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

They were very nice blinds and their people were extremely helpful. They showed me a lot of different blinds and helped me understand what was different about each one and helped me decide what was best. They listen to my needs and Were never push in any way to try and make me go the more expensive route. They got my budget when I told them I was only looking to spend so much and no more. The price some of them were very expensive. Could have more of a variety in the less expensive blinds so people don't feel like they have to settle for the lesser ones because they are on a tight budget. Also have more colors.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had a great experience with Budget Blinds. It was a speedy and budget-wise experience. Their staff was very friendly and the blinds were of good quality and cheaper than I found anywhere else. The store is located close to me as well. The store in my region had helpful, but not pushy employees. There was an assortment of products and samples to look at and evaluate. The store was clean, inviting, and there were plenty of samples to narrow down my choices. I had no issues with Budget Blinds. If something was not in stock it could easily be at the store in a few days.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Budget Blinds keep most of the light out when down. They are cheap, they fall apart and are made to be replaced not last. The top main support area of the blind snaps when you are trying to raise or lower the blinds and the blind sections themselves snap too easy also. Budget Blinds could reinforce the main top attachment bar so it doesn't break when trying to raise or lower the blind. Also, make them black so they block out more light.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Budget Binds is an excellent company that deserves to be recognized for outstanding and honest employees. They were polite courteous and professional, and they try to provide excellent and professional service to their customers. The customers are treated like the way they wanted to be treated. I find that Budget Blinds probably requires background checks, which instill a level of safety that I find appealing. Also they have instilled an excellent work ethic which I can respect.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We moved into our new house October 27th and a few days later they showed up to install the blinds we had purchased. Some of the blinds didn't show up, some had been measured wrong and didn't fit, they damaged the wall around the windows they were supposed to be installing them. They promised to fix it and be back in a few days. They showed back up and determined the blinds for the sliding door were just not going to work and we would have to come up with something else, they still haven't completed some of the blinds that are installed with cords hanging not secured. The upstairs sliding door still does not have a blind and we have left multiple messages with the company. They just won't call back, don't care or just don't want to deal with the mistakes they have made. We have now been in the house over 1 month and still do not have privacy because of the unfinished job. Please reconsider before going with them as we regret it very much.

Budget Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Budget Blinds sells blinds, interior shutters, drapes, curtains and other home decor. Each location is an independent franchise. Schedule an in-home consultation to view all your available choices. Budget Blinds has franchise locations throughout the United States with a few locations in Canada and Mexico. Budget Blinds is part of the Home Franchise Concepts® company.

• In-home consultation: Budget Blinds has franchises in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Schedule an in-home consultation to have a local professional help you decide on the right window treatments for your space.

• Commercial services: BB Commercial Solutions is a part of Budget Blinds and is devoted to helping business owners with window coverings. It also has cabinetry, closet and flooring options for businesses.

• Cordless options: Budget Blinds offers cordless blinds and shutters. Cordless options are safer for homes with young children or pets.

• Free samples: You can order up to 10 samples for free. Budget Blinds will send you swatches so you can see the fabric in person. If you schedule a consultation, the local franchise employee will bring a large number of swatches for you to look at.

• Virtual decorator: The Budget Blinds website has a Virtual Decorator tool. It lets you customize the wall, trim, floor and furniture colors in an image and then choose different window treatments to see how they’ll look with your color scheme.

• Best for: individuals who want professional help in their home to take measurements and make selections.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Budget Blinds Company Information