1.45/5
Based on 101 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Budget Blinds

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

120 Budget Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Was looking for custom requirements of unusual spaces. Budget Blinds was willing to customize and work around a rushed install schedule. The price was competitive and fair. And the installers were friendly and professional. One set of blinds had a bad gear though, but was repaired within a week. I will have to wait to see if they last. They don't have a good solution for covering the overlap between blinds where windows meet as well. But the experience has been mostly positive.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Our first order was incorrect. Once replaced the slats were warped and uneven. When the franchise owners came to our home they seemed clueless about blinds; they didn't know what the top brackets were about and took them off. We learned when we had someone else come in that they were there to keep the blinds open evenly. Our purchase was the worst decision we made in improving our home. If you're looking to sell or flip your house, these may work. If you want to be pleased for the long run, find a more reputable company even if you have to pay a little more.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased two sets of blinds from Budget Blinds and they were good quality for the price. They were shipped and delivered very fast and I was happy about that. It has good quality plastic, thick enough to where they don't tear up easy, they pull up with ease and I can open or shut them easily. When I got the blinds the color wasn't what I expected so I contacted customer support and they handled it very fast and I was very pleased with the outcome. I actually got my brother to order 2 sets after he has seen the blinds and ask where I got them. He was also very pleased with the quality of his blinds and how fast they arrived for the price he paid. I was satisfied with my overall experience and I will be ordering more from Budget Blinds come spring because I want to change the color in my living room and bedroom.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I really like doing business online. Have not had these blinds for a great amount of time but they are holding up extremely well. Quality is good. All my neighbors have commented on how much of an improvement they are. It’s great and very durable with tons of options. I like the durability because with young children and pets they get a lot of wear and tear. Also I’ve noticed that with four cats the pet hair does not cling to these blinds as they did with my previous blinds. The pet hair kind of statically clung to the other blinds. I keep my kid away from blinds as much as possible so he doesn't destroy them. I feel no blind can be totally kid resistant.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Budget Blinds keep most of the light out when down. They are cheap, they fall apart and are made to be replaced not last. The top main support area of the blind snaps when you are trying to raise or lower the blinds and the blind sections themselves snap too easy also. Budget Blinds could reinforce the main top attachment bar so it doesn't break when trying to raise or lower the blind. Also, make them black so they block out more light.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Budget Binds is an excellent company that deserves to be recognized for outstanding and honest employees. They were polite courteous and professional, and they try to provide excellent and professional service to their customers. The customers are treated like the way they wanted to be treated. I find that Budget Blinds probably requires background checks, which instill a level of safety that I find appealing. Also they have instilled an excellent work ethic which I can respect.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We moved into our new house October 27th and a few days later they showed up to install the blinds we had purchased. Some of the blinds didn't show up, some had been measured wrong and didn't fit, they damaged the wall around the windows they were supposed to be installing them. They promised to fix it and be back in a few days. They showed back up and determined the blinds for the sliding door were just not going to work and we would have to come up with something else, they still haven't completed some of the blinds that are installed with cords hanging not secured. The upstairs sliding door still does not have a blind and we have left multiple messages with the company. They just won't call back, don't care or just don't want to deal with the mistakes they have made. We have now been in the house over 1 month and still do not have privacy because of the unfinished job. Please reconsider before going with them as we regret it very much.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have a newly built home and called Budget Blinds. The representative was wonderful and very knowledgeable. When the installers came, they placed their tools on my brand new live edge dining room table. After they left, I noticed that they had marked the table. The following day I called the installer and left a message that they had marked the table. I then went into the office to discuss with the manager because I wanted to ensure that he was aware of what had happened. He was extremely defensive and combative.

Honestly, I have never been treated so badly in my entire life! I was then promised that it would be fixed. A furniture repairer came to my house and admitted that she couldn't make it 100% but could only make the marks less visible. The marks are still very visible. When I advised them that the marks are still visible, accusatory remarks were made to me and I was threatened. The entire customer experience has been appalling and I will never deal with them again nor will I ever recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We ordered 9 motorized blinds, year ago. We have had nothing but trouble with the motorized blinds. We were verbally told they had a lifetime warranty. Today we are told, "Oh no, just 5 years." So big lie. We also found out the guy that has been servicing our blinds, sold his franchise so now we start over. These blinds will not work with the motors so we may be duped. DO NOT BUY BLINDS FROM BUDGET BLINDS.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We ordered remote-controlled blinds for our bedroom windows on March 29, 2017. The configuration of our windows meant that three separate blinds had to be installed but could be synchronized through the remote control to go up and down separately or together. When the first technician came to install them, he found that the middle blind had been cut too long, so that piece had to be returned to the manufacturer in California. The second technician came to reinstall the correctly cut third blind on June 12. This time, the blind would not go up or down and stop; instead, it cycled up and down continually. This time, Budget Blinds sent just the motor back to California to be re-programmed.

Today, August 4, the third technician came to install the middle blind with the supposedly re-programmed motor. Once again, the blind cycled up and down in a continuous loop. We will now have to wait another 3-4 weeks for a fourth attempt at installation. If you buy blinds from Budget Blinds, do NOT buy a model where the motor is pre-programmed at the factory. Buy a model that the technician can program on site.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Budget Blinds is a total rip off! I asked for an estimate for 22.5 x 72 inch cellular shades. They told me 260.00 per shade. Everywhere else the cost is 55.00 to 98.00 per shade. I do not know why they call themselves BUDGET! Do not use this company!

Original review: June 1, 2017

Budget Blinds is a Ripoff!!! I asked for a quote on plantation shutters from the Central Fort Lauderdale (zip code is 33301) franchise. Simple 3 vertical wood shutter request was answered with a quote ranging between $3488 (composite) to $4834 (wood). I spoke with two other places who gave me quotes between $940 - $1100. Whether it's just this particular franchisee or Budget Blinds in general, it's beyond criminal what they are asking. Budget Blinds should be investigated for fraud.

Original review: May 4, 2017

First of all, the person who delivered these blinds was filthy and rude. It didn't look like he'd bathed or washed his clothes in days. He was rude about having to wait for his check. They sold us roll-out window screen blinds for our showroom that are too big and don't fit the showroom windows. Who does that?? Budget Blinds of East Cobb, Georgia! You'd think that since this is their line of business, they'd know how to measure a window. I know how to do that, and it's not even what I do for a living! Repeated calls apparently go to an answering service, and our attempts to get a call back for them to get this fixed have been ignored. Leaving reviews of this experience on every site we can find.

Original review: April 25, 2017

When the blinds were sold to us, they were sold with a lifetime, no questions asked, replacement warranty. After a couple of years, one blind had frayed from the bottom, and another broke from the top. I was denied replacement blinds, and accused of breaking them myself. When I offered to just purchase the blinds, the immature response via text is as follows... "Please use someone else- I don't care to work with you anymore! You called me unethical - lf you care to apologize I will do the job for you." Needless to say, I will take my business elsewhere, as there should be a difference in dealing with a business and whiny children who don't know what they are doing.

Original review: April 17, 2017

We have vertical blinds with sheers from Hunter Douglas for our sliding glass doors. Because valance clips had broken, we called Hunter Douglas for the parts. Hunter Douglas sent us three different parts, none of which fixed the problem, so we knew we needed professional support. We called Budget Blinds. Tom came to our rescue! He knew we needed the top rod plus the new clips in order to make the draperies work again. He saved us from purchasing new blinds. We couldn't be more grateful! Excellent service with the patience of a saint! We will recommend Budget Blinds in Palm Coast to our friends.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I bought motorized blinds less than a year ago. One of the motor does not work correctly anymore. I have emailed and phoned for service. There has been no response. I would not recommend Budget Blinds to anyone I know.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Terrible experience with K. ** at Meridian, Idaho, Budget Blinds. The worst customer service ever! First off installer brings his child with him during the installation. Door blind didn't come with bottom hold down bracket and I was told it would arrive and be installed so blind doesn't stretch and will hold in place. One window blind is so uneven and is off about 1". Two other blinds were installed incorrectly and need to be interchanged so the cord is on the correct side. I have called repeatedly and also emailed with no reply.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

The people at Budget Blinds in Shoreline WA are inept, inconsiderate and inflate their prices beyond belief. I had trouble with my $5500.00 order and they did not even bother to call me back. When they finally came out they refused to replace a defective remote. (I have my receipt, btw, but there is no order number on it - how convenient!) I would not do business with them again in 100 years and think the Better Business Bureau should shut them down for theft!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

I ordered a roman shade for a bedroom on May 9th, 2016. In about 2 weeks, it will be 6 full months with no delivery or installation yet. They have not followed up with me on their own, but I have called multiple times asking where is the shade and sometimes they will get back to me. When I ordered the roman shade, she told me it could take 6 to 8 weeks. But this is way, way beyond that. The roman shade cost $848.35 which is crazy anyway, and she took half, $424 for a deposit on May 9th. When I called sometimes she would follow up and sometimes not. The last time I inquired where is the shade she got back to me and she said it was ready to go just waiting to be steamed and shipped and would go out any day, that was almost a month ago!

Price is way overpriced, no follow up unless I keep calling and asking, then I get excuses it is ready, but just waiting on steaming. It could be steamed in 30 minutes or less, so why wasn't it been steamed and shipped that very same day! That was almost a month ago. I checked with my credit card company and I can dispute this charge and I will, because I will not pay the price we agreed on almost 6 months ago. I already told the rep this several times.

So the blind needs to be installed at the deposit price I already gave them, which is half, or I won't be accepting the horribly late shade and terrible follow up and many, many excuses of why it has taken almost 6 months to make it and deliver it! You could make this shade and steam it in just a few days start to finish. Horrible amount of time it has taken for the kind of money they charge! I could have ordered online from another company, which had a promised delivery date of 7 days from order date. I have missed many sales over the last 6 months with other companies.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

To start with, the rep came out and showed us some blinds with cords. We told her specifically that we did not want holes in the blinds at all. and wanted the turn wand. She convinced us to go with the faux wood. Gave us a price of 3,500 for about 30 windows. We thought it was a good deal, but when they came to put them in they were flimsy and looked very cheap. I didn't want them in my new home. We decided to regroup and asked how much for plantation shutters -- inside 15,000 and outside frame of windows 17,000. That was way beyond our budget!

We decided to call another company and he suggested we do plantation shutters in the front windows and wood shutters everywhere else. He gave us a good price. We went back to Budget blinds and decided to give them a chance. Their bid was almost a thousand dollars over the other price. Then when we told them that we were going with the other company, they said they could meet their price. Why would I want to do business with a company that clearly overcharges!! I said, "No thanks!!" They sent me my refund minus a 330.00 restocking fee for their mistake!! Glad I went with the other company!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

5/9/16 Consultation with Rose. Measurements were taken for front window (two blinds), back window (one blind), backdoor (one blind). 5/25/16 the installer arrived to install the blinds. During the installation he discovered the backdoor blinds were missing. 6/8/16 the installer returned to install the backdoor blinds. Upon his arrive the wrong blinds (roman shades) were ordered. 6/13/16 the installer returned to install the backdoor blinds. After he installed the blinds it was cut approximately 6 inches too short and inch too wide on both sides. 7/6/16 the installer returned to reinstall the backdoor blinds. The replacement blinds were still inch too wide on both sides. 7/13/16 I noticed the valance for the front window and back window were not the same color of the blinds. The blinds are off white and the valances are white. I notified Budget Blinds.

7/21/16 the consultant (Rose), manager (April), and installer (Donnie) returned to my home to re-measure my windows. After reexamining my front windows, the blinds were cut too wide. The blinds on the left side of the window were installed flushed to the window frame. However, the blinds on the right side of the window were hanging over the window frame by an inch. Because of the improper measurements and installation the blinds were not centered in the middle where they me. During this visit, April re-measured the front window and indicated she will re-order new blinds and correct the color of the valances. 8/9/16 the installer contacted me to set up installation of the new blinds for the front window. He confirmed April only ordered 1 blind for the front window which is inaccurate. If only one blind is cut an inch smaller, that means both blinds are not equally the same size. In addition, this does not fix the centering of the blinds.

Original review: July 30, 2016

I have been calling and emailing for a week. Daily! No calls returned. All I need is a few parts. I am at a loss as to how to get them!!! Poor service at Budget Blind In Lake Oswego, Oregon.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Worst experience ever with Budget Blinds from Bucks County PA. Ordered on June 2nd, consulted on June 7th. Bucks County Budget Blinds Owner said the blinds took longer than expected and finally committed for July 22nd. June 12th when I called him for the status, he said blinds are ready and no one available to install and next available date is 22nd of July. I have no other option and waited for him. Now today he called and informed that he got wrong color blinds from manufacturer. My wife and myself were waited for more than 6 weeks to get the blinds. Finally got disappointed. Now looking for other options.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Worst Customer Service experience I've ever had as a consumer. Unfortunately, I used the Riverside, California franchise to purchase blinds for the lobby of my business. Big mistake. Everything went fine until the rope on the shades kept breaking. The owners said they would come out & fix the string at no cost. Which I appreciated. But when we called today (the second time this week) to set up our 3rd appointment in six years the female owner refused to do it unless we now paid them $75.00. She then went on to accuse me & my staff of purposely breaking the shades. Then she stated, that if we weren't breaking the shades, I must not understand how to lower & raise a shade properly. Talk about insulting & obnoxious.

And she went on to tell me they've never charged the $75.00 fee to any other business, no one else just me. Nowhere had Budget Blinds ever told us there would be an additional charge for this service. I feel that Budget Blinds has no one over seeing these franchises or what they do, say or charge customers. Please, save yourself the headache, don't use Budget Blinds. I wish someone would have warned me!!!

Original review: May 21, 2016

My husband and I needed to replace a three unit window and a door window, the blinds are the original from when we purchased the home 7 years ago. Our grand dog had destroyed the kitchen window blinds & back door blind due to a thunderstorm we had. So we first called Just Blinds since the previous owner ordered from them, unfortunately, they are discontinued. So I decided to try Budget Blinds and get a quote. Well, they came out reluctantly & took a look at the blinds we have. Gave us a replacement quote. I said where's the budget. They were much higher than we expected. Then I called them again and asked what was the grain & color going to look the same as what we have now since they never brought any samples for us to look at. I felt weird about the whole thing.

We went to Lowe's - looked at samples and price was much lower. Nevertheless, Budget Blinds will not get our business here in Charlotte. Can't trust them. Just be careful with what you order. We'll take our chances with a much lower price from Lowe's than to spent several hundred of dollars for just one window with no guarantee.

Original review: April 25, 2016

The first time I used Budget Blinds for my shutters was 10 years ago. From the time the saleperson came to the time I got my shutters installed, the experience was 100 happy. This year however the experience I got the 2nd time around was really bad. The salesperson was very nice and helpful, but the owner of the Garden Grove location and his immediate family was a living hell. I signed an order with the salesperson for some windows (2 big windows and a French door to be made bi-fold). I made a deposit. Couple of weeks later, the office sent out a guy to re-measure to make sure. My husband was at home when the person showed up, he then asking my husband if he want a cut out for the handle on the French door. (My husband response was, "Let me think.") The person snapped at my husband (saying, "Don't think. Give me an answer NOW."). This to me was very rude.

8 to 10 weeks times, they finally came to installed the shutters. None of the shutters are bi-fold. The salesperson was really in shock when he found out from me that the 2 windows and the French door are not bi-fold. Both the salesperson and I complained to the owner, their reason was that they can not make my windows bi-fold and that they told my husband. I was the one who signed and make down payment for the shutter, one would think I or the salesperson should inform of the problem. (This is completely a lie.) The salesperson have no clue of what the business owner was saying. Oh they also says that the piece of paper I signed does not mean anything and that it was just a piece of paper telling me the estimated cost. This salesperson will no longer be working for this branch. Stay away from the branch located in Garden Grove, Ca.

Original review: April 4, 2016

Budget Blinds finally sent someone out to my home to help me choose window treatments. She may have well stayed at the office. The girl was no help, just recommended me to the website. I literally had to browse the website while she sat. It's unfortunate there is not a quality window treatment company in NC - it seems. If I performed my job like these people apparently do, I'd be unemployed.

Original review: April 2, 2016

I ordered 6 roller blinds for my home in Ann Arbor. It took considerably longer than quoted to finally get an installation date including 2 separate delays and a few calls and emails. When they were installed I was mostly disappointed by how the cord has a wide piece of material which catches on all of the blinds making them difficult to open and close. The cords are also unattractive as they are bright white and plastic. I spent around 1200.00 and am wondering how much someone would have to spend in order to get better cords and professional service!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I purchased drapes and window shades from Budget Blinds of Hudson Valley approximately 7-8 years. Needless to say I have made 4 phone calls regarding a broken bracket and I'm still waiting to hear from them. Promises that they will call me back and it has been weeks. Not only that - the installer drilled multiple holes in my walls trying to install the rods and never fixed any of them. Recently had a whole section rip from the wall to find out when he installed it, he screwed the brackets into Sheetrock with no supports. It is amazing it didn't come down earlier. So I'm beyond pissed because I have to pay to fix my walls by a contractor and all I have asked for is a phone call so I can reorder a bracket that broke. So without hearing from them after multiple attempts - I want to warn others before the same thing happens to them!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

Budget Blinds advertises professional in-home design consultation, so I trusted that they would send a real experienced designer to recommend an attractive window treatment for my balcony door. The woman they sent was very friendly, but she did not have samples of the product she recommended and the product itself doesn't come close to fitting in with the room decor. In short, it looks TERRIBLE! It is a simple roller shade for which I was charged over $600.00, and I was told that was a SALE price. It's definitely not a BUDGET Blind! The shade was also installed incorrectly, so that the door doesn't open easily any longer, plus we need to stand on a step stool to reach the shade when we want to lower it. When I complained, all I was offered is a 50% discount on ANOTHER shade which costs even more than the original.

Lessons learned: 1. The only thing "Budget" about "Budget Blinds" is their design capabilities. 2. The "designer" they sent to my home is NOT a real designer - false advertising! 3. Don't trust their consultant to recommend a window treatment that fits the decor of your room. 4. I could have bought a similar shade at Lowe's or Home Depot and PAID A LOT LESS. I will never use Budget Blinds again, nor will I refer anyone to them EVER.

Budget Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Budget Blinds sells blinds, interior shutters, drapes, curtains and other home decor. Each location is an independent franchise. Schedule an in-home consultation to view all your available choices. Budget Blinds has franchise locations throughout the United States with a few locations in Canada and Mexico. Budget Blinds is part of the Home Franchise Concepts® company.

• In-home consultation: Budget Blinds has franchises in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Schedule an in-home consultation to have a local professional help you decide on the right window treatments for your space.

• Commercial services: BB Commercial Solutions is a part of Budget Blinds and is devoted to helping business owners with window coverings. It also has cabinetry, closet and flooring options for businesses.

• Cordless options: Budget Blinds offers cordless blinds and shutters. Cordless options are safer for homes with young children or pets.

• Free samples: You can order up to 10 samples for free. Budget Blinds will send you swatches so you can see the fabric in person. If you schedule a consultation, the local franchise employee will bring a large number of swatches for you to look at.

• Virtual decorator: The Budget Blinds website has a Virtual Decorator tool. It lets you customize the wall, trim, floor and furniture colors in an image and then choose different window treatments to see how they’ll look with your color scheme.

• Best for: individuals who want professional help in their home to take measurements and make selections.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Budget Blinds Company Information

www.budgetblinds.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use