Find a Blinds and Window Treatments partner

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Budget Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

Original review: July 17, 2021

We ordered our blinds and when they arrived and installed they were not to our satisfaction. After several back and forth dialogue we finally made contact with Kristi **. The product we had originally designed was put on order due to her diligent professional service and her outstanding customer service. Our product arrived and our installers Brett/Sean did a perfect job. We want to thank Budget Blinds for standing behind their products.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Sales person and installers arrived on time and were very professional. Blinds were exactly what we wanted and fit perfectly. The price fit our budget. Got an unexpected warranty. We would use them again.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2021

My Installer Mark did a fantastic job. He arrived promptly and obeyed all the rules to keep others safe during this pandemic. He displayed a polite demeanor while installing the blinds and even when encountering a problem with finding metal nails in the concrete, he quickly sorted out the issue and was able to get the blinds professionally installed. This is the second room where I installed budget blinds and I am very happy with both outcomes. I tell all my friends to do the same.

Original review: March 28, 2021

New home and I hired the Bluffton, SC franchise of this company to install 24 Composite Plantation Shutters. All were measured exactly and installed on-time and they still look and operate like new, 3 years later. I would highly recommend this particular franchise if you are looking for fairly priced and robust blinds. The owner is hands-on and backs all of his work.

Original review: March 10, 2021

If you are considering plantation shutters or new blinds we highly recommend Budget Blinds and especially Curt **, the new franchise owner in the Villages and his staff (Anthony & Ryan) (**). We had been fans of the company up north and even with co-vid delays and personal problems had by a previous owner, Curt and the corporate office came to our rescue and were outstanding in completing our order. We could not be happier with the outcome and wholeheartedly endorse them in this unsolicited testimonial of their professional and personable solution to our situation. S & C ** 3/10/21

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I purchased blinds 2 months ago - the sales person was very knowledgeable and I was convinced that they had high quality blinds worth paying many thousands for. After 2 months from purchase, I have had no follow-up communication on when the blinds would come in to be installed in my home. Basically, they promised a lot, took my money and delivered nothing so far. Each time I've called, they would blame their manufacturing and say there are delays, which I was told multiple times would only be up to 5 weeks from order date. The company is full of false promises and I would be wary.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Do not order products from Budget Blinds. Their quality of my blinds are very poor. In May 2020 I ordered vertical blinds cost over $1,100 from San Gabriel location of Budget Blinds. In August 2020 The blinds were installed. In January 2021 the fabric of the valance separated. The Budget Blinds replaced and installed a new valance at no cost. They were responsible at that time. However, the blinds were only good for 5 months. In August 2021 the valance's fabric separated again.

I contacted them and was told they will replace a new valance but I have to pay the shipping $60 plus the installation $79. I asked them what would happen if the problem appears again and was told I have to keep paying every time they replace the valance. This is very frustrating and disappointing. It appears to me that the product is of poor quality and should not be sold. Instead of compensating me for the product falling apart this company wants me to keep paying every few months.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Be careful when business rep comes in your house that you do not know and never leave them alone. I will not go into the details but She left the room that she was measuring and she grabbed her bags like the house was on fire and ran for the door. Did not send me an Estimate by email or call or follow up. I reached out by email About something else and I did not get a reply but I got an email outlining an estimate no phone call nothing. I went online to select blinds, got the measurements, got them in the mail a third of the price and I’m very happy with them.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Very upsetting when I book a consultation for 1:30 and I call the company at 1:45 to see where they might be. The manager called me back, saying that they didn't have anywhere for them to park, so they left. No phone call, no update, no knock on the door to tell me the problem. I live in a townhome, with parking on each side of the complex and most people park right behind my car, on the side of the street. They could have at least did that and knocked on my door to ask me to move my car. I have never had someone have a problem with parking, nor did I ever have someone use that as an excuse not to show up to an consultation. When the manager got back to me, she argued with me and wouldn't let me speak or get any words in. I have never EVER left a review before, but this really upset me. Horrible customer service. I would not recommend this company.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Kyle from Buffalo, NY came to my home to assist me with choosing window treatments for my entire house. My husband and I custom built our home and moved in only a month prior, so we were looking to order then asap. Kyle was very friendly and took the time to listen to our needs and measure all the windows. The first thing that was off putting was the fact that she kept pushing us to get the "more cost effective" shades, which in my mind means cheaper. I made it clear that we are willing to spend money to get exactly what we want, but she continued to push the cheaper ones. Is there a quota on these she needs to meet? If you are a sales person, shouldn't you listen to your customer and try to make as much as you can, especially when they are willing to spend the money?

The second thing was that she is not an interior designer by her own admission. Choosing custom window treatments requires the guidance of a professional to take into consideration many factors such as existing decor and furniture, architecture of the home, and the color palette. Despite this, I tried to stay positive and still considered purchasing the wood blinds at the very least. Over the course of a few weeks I emailed her and wanted to see the fabric samples again. I even offered to meet her at the design center so she wouldn't have to come to my home again.

She had several excuses as to why she couldn't meet, but assured me she'd send pictures. Seriously? We were looking to spend about $7,000 and she wanted to send pictures?? That was enough for us to take our business elsewhere- to a professional home design store in the area. Yes, we paid a little more, but we received proper customer service and the guidance of a professionally trained interior designer.

Budget Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Budget Blinds sells blinds, interior shutters, drapes, curtains and other home decor. Each location is an independent franchise. Schedule an in-home consultation to view all your available choices. Budget Blinds has franchise locations throughout the United States with a few locations in Canada and Mexico. Budget Blinds is part of the Home Franchise Concepts® company.

• In-home consultation: Budget Blinds has franchises in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Schedule an in-home consultation to have a local professional help you decide on the right window treatments for your space.

• Commercial services: BB Commercial Solutions is a part of Budget Blinds and is devoted to helping business owners with window coverings. It also has cabinetry, closet and flooring options for businesses.

• Cordless options: Budget Blinds offers cordless blinds and shutters. Cordless options are safer for homes with young children or pets.

• Free samples: You can order up to 10 samples for free. Budget Blinds will send you swatches so you can see the fabric in person. If you schedule a consultation, the local franchise employee will bring a large number of swatches for you to look at.

• Virtual decorator: The Budget Blinds website has a Virtual Decorator tool. It lets you customize the wall, trim, floor and furniture colors in an image and then choose different window treatments to see how they’ll look with your color scheme.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Budget Blinds Company Information