3.8/5 (225 ratings)

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Budget Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

Original review: May 26, 2022

Spent 5k on blinds. Has 5 year warranty on motorized blinds. Motors are bad. Drain batteries in a week. Blinds Don't roll up straight. Only to be told, "Oh well. Fix it yourself." I would think twice before I purchased anything from them. It's gong to cost me another 5k to replace them. Not even 3 years old. Only used on weekends.

Original review: May 13, 2022

We purchased our blinds less than a year ago and they have jammed more than once and will not retract fully. When I called for repairs I was informed that this was not covered by the warranty and that I must have did something to them to cause the jam. Sorry I purchased and will not do so in the future nor do I advise anyone else to purchase

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2022

There were motorized blinds installed at my place 3 years back. One of them stopped working which I reported to Budget blinds and they sent their service guy at my place who inspected and told me motor is dead and needs to be replaced. I followed up with budget blinds and I was told these blinds are no more manufactured and their repair is also not done. Therefore, they cannot be repaired or replaced. My only option is to buy new one at my own cost.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Purchased 3 motorized blinds, in June 2021, normal delays in this pandemic time, not fault of company. Installation was fine, however one blind failed and was partially diagonal in window. It was replaced and has been fine. Ordered two more for front windows the last of Aug 2021, installed 11/9/2021. One of them failed with a similar diagonal problem as the first failure, during normal operation. Replacement part/unit supposedly ordered in late December 2021 after technician arrived and worked on blind. As of 21 Apr 2022 Budget Blinds of Rio Rancho has no clue/records of what happened or why replacements have not been ordered or received. Failure rate of 40% of products and $2200.00 spent on these blinds is totally unacceptable but can't get anyone from business to respond and rectify this situation. Their statement of tremendous customer service is worse than a bad joke.

Original review: March 30, 2022

When we had our initial consultation with the Franchisee of Budget Blinds Airdrie, we asked what the retail price of supply and install of motors for the shutters we were considering buying. The Franchisee Owner verbally quoted us the current retail price of $450 per motor. We had 10 sections that we wanted motors for. 5 upper sections and 5 lower sections, so we considered the additional cost of $4452 was affordable not including the 32.5% discount he was offering on the entire package. When they came to install they only installed 5 motors for the lower sections, but the cost remained the same, $4452 not including the discount. I contacted the owner and disputed not only the fact they only installed 5 motors rather than the 10 we expected, but they charged us double the cost per motor for the 5 they did install versus what the Franchisee Owner verbally quoted.

I have since contacted other blind companies who carry the Perfect Tilt G4 motors and asked for their retail price of the product and I have received quotes of $490 and $450 per motor at retail (not discounted). I then contacted the Franchisee Owner of Budget Blinds in Airdrie and asked that he refund me the difference for overcharging me for the motors. He refuses to do so, and suggested that the other retailers must have provided me a discounted price as a quote for the motors. Needless to say, this company is untrustworthy and I strongly urge anyone interested in purchasing blinds to not consider Budget Blinds in Airdrie Alberta. I am currently looking into further course of action, including suing for the refund in small claims court.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Love these shutters!! Jason and Duane were the installers. Answered very pleasant, professional, and efficient. They were very knowledgeable and conscientious about their work and the cleanup as they went along.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I purchased blinds 2 months ago - the sales person was very knowledgeable and I was convinced that they had high quality blinds worth paying many thousands for. After 2 months from purchase, I have had no follow-up communication on when the blinds would come in to be installed in my home. Basically, they promised a lot, took my money and delivered nothing so far. Each time I've called, they would blame their manufacturing and say there are delays, which I was told multiple times would only be up to 5 weeks from order date. The company is full of false promises and I would be wary.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Do not order products from Budget Blinds. Their quality of my blinds are very poor. In May 2020 I ordered vertical blinds cost over $1,100 from San Gabriel location of Budget Blinds. In August 2020 The blinds were installed. In January 2021 the fabric of the valance separated. The Budget Blinds replaced and installed a new valance at no cost. They were responsible at that time. However, the blinds were only good for 5 months. In August 2021 the valance's fabric separated again.

I contacted them and was told they will replace a new valance but I have to pay the shipping $60 plus the installation $79. I asked them what would happen if the problem appears again and was told I have to keep paying every time they replace the valance. This is very frustrating and disappointing. It appears to me that the product is of poor quality and should not be sold. Instead of compensating me for the product falling apart this company wants me to keep paying every few months.

Original review: July 17, 2021

We ordered our blinds and when they arrived and installed they were not to our satisfaction. After several back and forth dialogue we finally made contact with Kristi **. The product we had originally designed was put on order due to her diligent professional service and her outstanding customer service. Our product arrived and our installers Brett/Sean did a perfect job. We want to thank Budget Blinds for standing behind their products.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Be careful when business rep comes in your house that you do not know and never leave them alone. I will not go into the details but She left the room that she was measuring and she grabbed her bags like the house was on fire and ran for the door. Did not send me an Estimate by email or call or follow up. I reached out by email About something else and I did not get a reply but I got an email outlining an estimate no phone call nothing. I went online to select blinds, got the measurements, got them in the mail a third of the price and I’m very happy with them.

Budget Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Budget Blinds sells blinds, interior shutters, drapes, curtains and other home decor. Each location is an independent franchise. Schedule an in-home consultation to view all your available choices. Budget Blinds has franchise locations throughout the United States with a few locations in Canada and Mexico. Budget Blinds is part of the Home Franchise Concepts® company.

• In-home consultation: Budget Blinds has franchises in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Schedule an in-home consultation to have a local professional help you decide on the right window treatments for your space.

• Commercial services: BB Commercial Solutions is a part of Budget Blinds and is devoted to helping business owners with window coverings. It also has cabinetry, closet and flooring options for businesses.

• Cordless options: Budget Blinds offers cordless blinds and shutters. Cordless options are safer for homes with young children or pets.

• Free samples: You can order up to 10 samples for free. Budget Blinds will send you swatches so you can see the fabric in person. If you schedule a consultation, the local franchise employee will bring a large number of swatches for you to look at.

• Virtual decorator: The Budget Blinds website has a Virtual Decorator tool. It lets you customize the wall, trim, floor and furniture colors in an image and then choose different window treatments to see how they’ll look with your color scheme.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Budget Blinds Company Information