Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5

Budget Blinds Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

The blinds look amazing. The salesman was so helpful, took accurate measurements and good advice. The installer was so amazing, helpful in every way. A great company. The installer even put up a curtain rod for me at my sliding glass door and hung up sheers for me. The blinds arrived in two weeks after ordering. The price was excellent.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I ordered shades from Budget Blinds in Columbia Mo. The shades that I purchased from them did not fit, they did come back with another product that was the right size for the window; however, after a month, the cord is broken, and the shade will not pull up. I paid 1800.00 for three shades and am very disappointed by the quality of the product and the installer. I called him about the broken shade, and he informed me he would let me know when he has time to come by.

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Cannot really say anything nice about the Budget Blinds in North Charleston, South Carolina. We went to their showroom, talked with a Sales Associate and took their tour of the different window coverings. They set us up an appointment with a consultant. Their consultant arrived on time and we had a very good consultation. He measured the windows, showed us their line of window coverings. We worked up a plan for the windows with some alternates to get pricing.

After the consultation we never heard back from him again. My wife emailed him, called him and left voice messages. She even texted him. He just simply did not call back. Then finally she called the North Charleston office again. They had no clue about why he was not returning calls. She took our information and said they would email him. Did not hear from the consultant nor did Budget Blinds think it was important enough to follow up with us to make sure we had been put in touch with him. In my opinion this is a pretty badly run franchise location. Whomever owns it should seriously consider getting rid of their staff and starting over. That is no way to make an impression on potential customers.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Bought Budget Blinds for my house and have a problem with them. Dealer that I purchased the blinds for my house from went out of business and have called three surrounding dealers and none will return phone calls. Several I have called also have the phone disconnected.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

So we bought a new house and needed blinds. Thomas came out to our house and super responsive at first. Once we ordered and paid money it was so hard to get him to answer his phone calls. We finally heard from Michael who came out to install. 4 of them were not okay so they reordered them which was appreciated, but the Norman faux cordless blinds were awful! There is sooo much light that comes through. SPARE YOURSELF! Corded blinds are so much better and block out so much more light.

Do not watch the pictures or videos online. They are modified so appear that no light comes through. We even had the Norman blind rep come out and told him how the pictures and videos online are not true. There are huge gaps allowing light through and they do not close all the way. They use creative words on their website but don’t be fooled. We paid way more than corded blinds thinking we would be happier with them. Wish I would of saved My money and got corded blinds. Awful choice. Norman’s website will deceive you and Budget Blinds doesn’t do anything about it. Pam and Thomas are worthless and won’t do anything. Save your money and go somewhere else. I promise you will be disappointed. Even the sample that they brought out didn’t show all the gaps that our blinds have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

George was/ is amazing! When he came to measure and give me a quote I was overwhelmed with all the samples to choose from. George helped me choose the blinds that would work best for us. When it came time to install them he was on time, very neat, professional, efficient, courteous, and even helped me put up blinds in a screen room. I highly recommend George as you won’t get better service from anyone else! He is that good and amazing!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I bought blackout blinds for the bedroom in 2015 and the string broke (in 2019). I contacted Budget Blinds and the representative asked me no questions - he simply said, "It's within the warranty period so we'll replace it FREE," And they did. He also clearly explained that I can pick up the replacement blind and install it myself for no additional charge or he could have his team come out and install in for a fee. I choose to do it myself and when I arrived to pick it up, the box was ready and waiting. It was fantastic. Excellent customer service. And excellent warranty. Much appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

First I must apologize to Susan for it taking 1 year to post this review! The whole process from start to finish was seamless! I had two areas in particular that had me needlessly worried. One was a bay window. But most importantly of all was the fact that my husband had a terminal illness and everyone at Budget Blinds made the installation quietly with zero discomfort. Thank you Budget Blinds for the wonderful experience that both my mother and myself had! I highly recommend this company! Love... Sandy from Howey in the Hills????

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Mykaela came out to give us an estimate and to show us the products. She did a wonderful job suggesting the perfect blinds for each room. Then to top it off we had Jesse and Lindsay do the installation and all I can say is WOW! My husband I were so impress with how polite and efficient they both were. They asked us question during the install to ensure everything was meeting our expectations. They also cleaned up afterwards. Mykaela even came by to ensure we were satisfied. This is the 5 house we have used Budget Blinds and we have been very happy with their products and install. We give Mykaela, Lindsay and Jesse 5 stars all around, we would highly recommend them. Thanks again for a fantastic job. We couldn’t be happier.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Excellent products, honest and courteous employees. I originally purchased blinds for only 2 rooms. The employee insisted on measuring every window in the house. Now I understand why. I have placed orders 3 more times with them now. Every time the blinds are installed in a room, it just blows me away, the way the blinds seem to finish off the room and make the room pop. Thank you so much Budget Blinds of North Greensboro, NC. I highly recommend Budget Blinds.

Not sure about Budget Blinds?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Blinds and Window Treatments for you.

Budget Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Budget Blinds sells blinds, interior shutters, drapes, curtains and other home decor. Each location is an independent franchise. Schedule an in-home consultation to view all your available choices. Budget Blinds has franchise locations throughout the United States with a few locations in Canada and Mexico. Budget Blinds is part of the Home Franchise Concepts® company.

• In-home consultation: Budget Blinds has franchises in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Schedule an in-home consultation to have a local professional help you decide on the right window treatments for your space.

• Commercial services: BB Commercial Solutions is a part of Budget Blinds and is devoted to helping business owners with window coverings. It also has cabinetry, closet and flooring options for businesses.

• Cordless options: Budget Blinds offers cordless blinds and shutters. Cordless options are safer for homes with young children or pets.

• Free samples: You can order up to 10 samples for free. Budget Blinds will send you swatches so you can see the fabric in person. If you schedule a consultation, the local franchise employee will bring a large number of swatches for you to look at.

• Virtual decorator: The Budget Blinds website has a Virtual Decorator tool. It lets you customize the wall, trim, floor and furniture colors in an image and then choose different window treatments to see how they’ll look with your color scheme.

• Best for: individuals who want professional help in their home to take measurements and make selections.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Budget Blinds Company Information