3.3/5 (557 ratings)

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Budget Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Ordered in September. Was told that it would be 4 weeks. Now they tell me "maybe" December. They changed installation twice. The last excuse is that they messed up order. It has always been some type of excuse. This has all been paid for.

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2022

The local office of Budget Blinds contacted me as soon as they read my e-mail to them informing them that I had posted a bad review. Within a week they changed my battery free of cost. They were pleasant on the phone and in person. My motorized blinds work, they are open and I have sunlight coming in! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I purchased window blinds a few years ago. They DID NOT inform me that to replace the battery on the remote control would cost $250!!! One particular window is high up on the wall, I was ok with the manual string to pull them up. The lady insisted that the remote control was the way to go. One year later the battery is dead. The worst part is that when I phoned to ask if someone can come and replace the battery, it's high up and I need a latter, and I don't know what kind of battery it takes. That's when he told me it would cost $250. He referred be to another company that would cost only $150!

I asked if I could purchase the battery from them and install it myself, he said no. He wouldn't tell me what kind of battery it takes. He had not interest in my situation at all whatsoever! The blinds have been permanently closed all this time. He gave me the number of the other company and hung up the phone. I advise everyone to not purchase from this company.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I ordered blinds from them last year. Waited 3 months for them to be delivered. The whole process took about 8 months. The valances were material and were not smooth. The designer said the company changed the design so I went with wooden ones instead. One blind had a hole in it. They were remote controlled and it didn't work on the first visit. Two more times the installer had to come out and work on the remote controls so the blinds would move and move correctly. The installer said on the third visit that two of the motors were defective. Two brand new motors defective? Was was the chance of that?

He came on the fourth time to say the company would not give him new motors and for him to call tech support for help. Seriously? They should have been sent without any problem. He did find a motor in their stockroom and the other came from the defective blind with the hole in it. After four visits it was finally correct for the most part. They still sometimes don't all move up or down at the same time like they are supposed to. I will never use them again and regret not going to Home Depot for blinds.

Original review: July 12, 2022

A few weeks after buying expensive wood shutters from Budget Blinds of Redding CA one of the 8 panels started malfunctioning. Panel would either stay completely closed, or completely open, when I adjusted it slightly down it would flop completely open. I called Budget Blinds of Redding. The person answering had a hard time understanding my simple description of what was happening. Finally she said OK, they would look at it and replace if necessary. She added there would be a $125 service charge to pay for gas and other expenses!!! (I live right in Redding and their business is in Redding.) So, because Budget Blinds of Redding CA sold me defective merchandise I have to pay them $125 to fix it!! I was mad hearing this outrageous "gas and expense charge", didn't pay, and will tell all others I would not ever use this company again. Budget Blinds of Redding is looking out for.... themselves, not you.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Spent 5k on blinds. Has 5 year warranty on motorized blinds. Motors are bad. Drain batteries in a week. Blinds Don't roll up straight. Only to be told, "Oh well. Fix it yourself." I would think twice before I purchased anything from them. It's gong to cost me another 5k to replace them. Not even 3 years old. Only used on weekends.

Original review: May 13, 2022

We purchased our blinds less than a year ago and they have jammed more than once and will not retract fully. When I called for repairs I was informed that this was not covered by the warranty and that I must have did something to them to cause the jam. Sorry I purchased and will not do so in the future nor do I advise anyone else to purchase

Original review: May 2, 2022

There were motorized blinds installed at my place 3 years back. One of them stopped working which I reported to Budget blinds and they sent their service guy at my place who inspected and told me motor is dead and needs to be replaced. I followed up with budget blinds and I was told these blinds are no more manufactured and their repair is also not done. Therefore, they cannot be repaired or replaced. My only option is to buy new one at my own cost.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Purchased 3 motorized blinds, in June 2021, normal delays in this pandemic time, not fault of company. Installation was fine, however one blind failed and was partially diagonal in window. It was replaced and has been fine. Ordered two more for front windows the last of Aug 2021, installed 11/9/2021. One of them failed with a similar diagonal problem as the first failure, during normal operation. Replacement part/unit supposedly ordered in late December 2021 after technician arrived and worked on blind. As of 21 Apr 2022 Budget Blinds of Rio Rancho has no clue/records of what happened or why replacements have not been ordered or received. Failure rate of 40% of products and $2200.00 spent on these blinds is totally unacceptable but can't get anyone from business to respond and rectify this situation. Their statement of tremendous customer service is worse than a bad joke.

Original review: March 30, 2022

When we had our initial consultation with the Franchisee of Budget Blinds Airdrie, we asked what the retail price of supply and install of motors for the shutters we were considering buying. The Franchisee Owner verbally quoted us the current retail price of $450 per motor. We had 10 sections that we wanted motors for. 5 upper sections and 5 lower sections, so we considered the additional cost of $4452 was affordable not including the 32.5% discount he was offering on the entire package. When they came to install they only installed 5 motors for the lower sections, but the cost remained the same, $4452 not including the discount. I contacted the owner and disputed not only the fact they only installed 5 motors rather than the 10 we expected, but they charged us double the cost per motor for the 5 they did install versus what the Franchisee Owner verbally quoted.

I have since contacted other blind companies who carry the Perfect Tilt G4 motors and asked for their retail price of the product and I have received quotes of $490 and $450 per motor at retail (not discounted). I then contacted the Franchisee Owner of Budget Blinds in Airdrie and asked that he refund me the difference for overcharging me for the motors. He refuses to do so, and suggested that the other retailers must have provided me a discounted price as a quote for the motors. Needless to say, this company is untrustworthy and I strongly urge anyone interested in purchasing blinds to not consider Budget Blinds in Airdrie Alberta. I am currently looking into further course of action, including suing for the refund in small claims court.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Love these shutters!! Jason and Duane were the installers. Answered very pleasant, professional, and efficient. They were very knowledgeable and conscientious about their work and the cleanup as they went along.

Budget Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Budget Blinds sells blinds, interior shutters, drapes, curtains and other home decor. Each location is an independent franchise. Schedule an in-home consultation to view all your available choices. Budget Blinds has franchise locations throughout the United States with a few locations in Canada and Mexico. Budget Blinds is part of the Home Franchise Concepts® company.

• In-home consultation: Budget Blinds has franchises in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Schedule an in-home consultation to have a local professional help you decide on the right window treatments for your space.

• Commercial services: BB Commercial Solutions is a part of Budget Blinds and is devoted to helping business owners with window coverings. It also has cabinetry, closet and flooring options for businesses.

• Cordless options: Budget Blinds offers cordless blinds and shutters. Cordless options are safer for homes with young children or pets.

• Free samples: You can order up to 10 samples for free. Budget Blinds will send you swatches so you can see the fabric in person. If you schedule a consultation, the local franchise employee will bring a large number of swatches for you to look at.

• Virtual decorator: The Budget Blinds website has a Virtual Decorator tool. It lets you customize the wall, trim, floor and furniture colors in an image and then choose different window treatments to see how they’ll look with your color scheme.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Budget Blinds Company Information