Budget Blinds

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Terrible experience with K. ** at Meridian, Idaho, Budget Blinds. The worst customer service ever! First off installer brings his child with him during the installation. Door blind didn't come with bottom hold down bracket and I was told it would arrive and be installed so blind doesn't stretch and will hold in place. One window blind is so uneven and is off about 1". Two other blinds were installed incorrectly and need to be interchanged so the cord is on the correct side. I have called repeatedly and also emailed with no reply.

The people at Budget Blinds in Shoreline WA are inept, inconsiderate and inflate their prices beyond belief. I had trouble with my $5500.00 order and they did not even bother to call me back. When they finally came out they refused to replace a defective remote. (I have my receipt, btw, but there is no order number on it - how convenient!) I would not do business with them again in 100 years and think the Better Business Bureau should shut them down for theft!

I ordered a roman shade for a bedroom on May 9th, 2016. In about 2 weeks, it will be 6 full months with no delivery or installation yet. They have not followed up with me on their own, but I have called multiple times asking where is the shade and sometimes they will get back to me. When I ordered the roman shade, she told me it could take 6 to 8 weeks. But this is way, way beyond that. The roman shade cost $848.35 which is crazy anyway, and she took half, $424 for a deposit on May 9th. When I called sometimes she would follow up and sometimes not. The last time I inquired where is the shade she got back to me and she said it was ready to go just waiting to be steamed and shipped and would go out any day, that was almost a month ago!

Price is way overpriced, no follow up unless I keep calling and asking, then I get excuses it is ready, but just waiting on steaming. It could be steamed in 30 minutes or less, so why wasn't it been steamed and shipped that very same day! That was almost a month ago. I checked with my credit card company and I can dispute this charge and I will, because I will not pay the price we agreed on almost 6 months ago. I already told the rep this several times.

So the blind needs to be installed at the deposit price I already gave them, which is half, or I won't be accepting the horribly late shade and terrible follow up and many, many excuses of why it has taken almost 6 months to make it and deliver it! You could make this shade and steam it in just a few days start to finish. Horrible amount of time it has taken for the kind of money they charge! I could have ordered online from another company, which had a promised delivery date of 7 days from order date. I have missed many sales over the last 6 months with other companies.

To start with, the rep came out and showed us some blinds with cords. We told her specifically that we did not want holes in the blinds at all. and wanted the turn wand. She convinced us to go with the faux wood. Gave us a price of 3,500 for about 30 windows. We thought it was a good deal, but when they came to put them in they were flimsy and looked very cheap. I didn't want them in my new home. We decided to regroup and asked how much for plantation shutters -- inside 15,000 and outside frame of windows 17,000. That was way beyond our budget!

We decided to call another company and he suggested we do plantation shutters in the front windows and wood shutters everywhere else. He gave us a good price. We went back to Budget blinds and decided to give them a chance. Their bid was almost a thousand dollars over the other price. Then when we told them that we were going with the other company, they said they could meet their price. Why would I want to do business with a company that clearly overcharges!! I said, "No thanks!!" They sent me my refund minus a 330.00 restocking fee for their mistake!! Glad I went with the other company!!

5/9/16 Consultation with Rose. Measurements were taken for front window (two blinds), back window (one blind), backdoor (one blind). 5/25/16 the installer arrived to install the blinds. During the installation he discovered the backdoor blinds were missing. 6/8/16 the installer returned to install the backdoor blinds. Upon his arrive the wrong blinds (roman shades) were ordered. 6/13/16 the installer returned to install the backdoor blinds. After he installed the blinds it was cut approximately 6 inches too short and inch too wide on both sides. 7/6/16 the installer returned to reinstall the backdoor blinds. The replacement blinds were still inch too wide on both sides. 7/13/16 I noticed the valance for the front window and back window were not the same color of the blinds. The blinds are off white and the valances are white. I notified Budget Blinds.

7/21/16 the consultant (Rose), manager (April), and installer (Donnie) returned to my home to re-measure my windows. After reexamining my front windows, the blinds were cut too wide. The blinds on the left side of the window were installed flushed to the window frame. However, the blinds on the right side of the window were hanging over the window frame by an inch. Because of the improper measurements and installation the blinds were not centered in the middle where they me. During this visit, April re-measured the front window and indicated she will re-order new blinds and correct the color of the valances. 8/9/16 the installer contacted me to set up installation of the new blinds for the front window. He confirmed April only ordered 1 blind for the front window which is inaccurate. If only one blind is cut an inch smaller, that means both blinds are not equally the same size. In addition, this does not fix the centering of the blinds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

I have been calling and emailing for a week. Daily! No calls returned. All I need is a few parts. I am at a loss as to how to get them!!! Poor service at Budget Blind In Lake Oswego, Oregon.

Worst experience ever with Budget Blinds from Bucks County PA. Ordered on June 2nd, consulted on June 7th. Bucks County Budget Blinds Owner said the blinds took longer than expected and finally committed for July 22nd. June 12th when I called him for the status, he said blinds are ready and no one available to install and next available date is 22nd of July. I have no other option and waited for him. Now today he called and informed that he got wrong color blinds from manufacturer. My wife and myself were waited for more than 6 weeks to get the blinds. Finally got disappointed. Now looking for other options.

Worst Customer Service experience I've ever had as a consumer. Unfortunately, I used the Riverside, California franchise to purchase blinds for the lobby of my business. Big mistake. Everything went fine until the rope on the shades kept breaking. The owners said they would come out & fix the string at no cost. Which I appreciated. But when we called today (the second time this week) to set up our 3rd appointment in six years the female owner refused to do it unless we now paid them $75.00. She then went on to accuse me & my staff of purposely breaking the shades. Then she stated, that if we weren't breaking the shades, I must not understand how to lower & raise a shade properly. Talk about insulting & obnoxious.

And she went on to tell me they've never charged the $75.00 fee to any other business, no one else just me. Nowhere had Budget Blinds ever told us there would be an additional charge for this service. I feel that Budget Blinds has no one over seeing these franchises or what they do, say or charge customers. Please, save yourself the headache, don't use Budget Blinds. I wish someone would have warned me!!!

My husband and I needed to replace a three unit window and a door window, the blinds are the original from when we purchased the home 7 years ago. Our grand dog had destroyed the kitchen window blinds & back door blind due to a thunderstorm we had. So we first called Just Blinds since the previous owner ordered from them, unfortunately, they are discontinued. So I decided to try Budget Blinds and get a quote. Well, they came out reluctantly & took a look at the blinds we have. Gave us a replacement quote. I said where's the budget. They were much higher than we expected. Then I called them again and asked what was the grain & color going to look the same as what we have now since they never brought any samples for us to look at. I felt weird about the whole thing.

We went to Lowe's - looked at samples and price was much lower. Nevertheless, Budget Blinds will not get our business here in Charlotte. Can't trust them. Just be careful with what you order. We'll take our chances with a much lower price from Lowe's than to spent several hundred of dollars for just one window with no guarantee.

The first time I used Budget Blinds for my shutters was 10 years ago. From the time the saleperson came to the time I got my shutters installed, the experience was 100 happy. This year however the experience I got the 2nd time around was really bad. The salesperson was very nice and helpful, but the owner of the Garden Grove location and his immediate family was a living hell. I signed an order with the salesperson for some windows (2 big windows and a French door to be made bi-fold). I made a deposit. Couple of weeks later, the office sent out a guy to re-measure to make sure. My husband was at home when the person showed up, he then asking my husband if he want a cut out for the handle on the French door. (My husband response was, "Let me think.") The person snapped at my husband (saying, "Don't think. Give me an answer NOW."). This to me was very rude.

8 to 10 weeks times, they finally came to installed the shutters. None of the shutters are bi-fold. The salesperson was really in shock when he found out from me that the 2 windows and the French door are not bi-fold. Both the salesperson and I complained to the owner, their reason was that they can not make my windows bi-fold and that they told my husband. I was the one who signed and make down payment for the shutter, one would think I or the salesperson should inform of the problem. (This is completely a lie.) The salesperson have no clue of what the business owner was saying. Oh they also says that the piece of paper I signed does not mean anything and that it was just a piece of paper telling me the estimated cost. This salesperson will no longer be working for this branch. Stay away from the branch located in Garden Grove, Ca.

Budget Blinds finally sent someone out to my home to help me choose window treatments. She may have well stayed at the office. The girl was no help, just recommended me to the website. I literally had to browse the website while she sat. It's unfortunate there is not a quality window treatment company in NC - it seems. If I performed my job like these people apparently do, I'd be unemployed.

I ordered 6 roller blinds for my home in Ann Arbor. It took considerably longer than quoted to finally get an installation date including 2 separate delays and a few calls and emails. When they were installed I was mostly disappointed by how the cord has a wide piece of material which catches on all of the blinds making them difficult to open and close. The cords are also unattractive as they are bright white and plastic. I spent around 1200.00 and am wondering how much someone would have to spend in order to get better cords and professional service!

I purchased drapes and window shades from Budget Blinds of Hudson Valley approximately 7-8 years. Needless to say I have made 4 phone calls regarding a broken bracket and I'm still waiting to hear from them. Promises that they will call me back and it has been weeks. Not only that - the installer drilled multiple holes in my walls trying to install the rods and never fixed any of them. Recently had a whole section rip from the wall to find out when he installed it, he screwed the brackets into Sheetrock with no supports. It is amazing it didn't come down earlier. So I'm beyond pissed because I have to pay to fix my walls by a contractor and all I have asked for is a phone call so I can reorder a bracket that broke. So without hearing from them after multiple attempts - I want to warn others before the same thing happens to them!

Budget Blinds advertises professional in-home design consultation, so I trusted that they would send a real experienced designer to recommend an attractive window treatment for my balcony door. The woman they sent was very friendly, but she did not have samples of the product she recommended and the product itself doesn't come close to fitting in with the room decor. In short, it looks TERRIBLE! It is a simple roller shade for which I was charged over $600.00, and I was told that was a SALE price. It's definitely not a BUDGET Blind! The shade was also installed incorrectly, so that the door doesn't open easily any longer, plus we need to stand on a step stool to reach the shade when we want to lower it. When I complained, all I was offered is a 50% discount on ANOTHER shade which costs even more than the original.

Lessons learned: 1. The only thing "Budget" about "Budget Blinds" is their design capabilities. 2. The "designer" they sent to my home is NOT a real designer - false advertising! 3. Don't trust their consultant to recommend a window treatment that fits the decor of your room. 4. I could have bought a similar shade at Lowe's or Home Depot and PAID A LOT LESS. I will never use Budget Blinds again, nor will I refer anyone to them EVER.

I am very disappointed with Budget Blinds from Madison, WI. I ordered two blinds and they did not roll up properly -- paid $470+ for them and have no blinds as owner took them and said he'd refer them back to Springs Window fashions. These were ordered and paid for in 2013. I request a refund if your blinds cannot be properly installed.

On 10/12/15 I ordered 7 blinds for new picture windows in my home. When they arrived for installation on 11/4/15 the box said all blinds were present. However one was not and neither were the valances for any of the 6 blinds installed. It seems the local franchise through whom I purchased these blinds, has no ability to get the blind quickly, which is for my bedroom, and I must wait another few weeks. They have disrupted my home remodeling schedule and I would never use or recommend Budget Blinds again nor recommend them to anyone.

I called to schedule an appointment, I have 4 windows. Was told they didn't want my business. Apparently did not want my business. Little did they know this was just my first project and have rental property, I will be installing blinds. I have never had such terrible service. Now, I am so glad I didn't use them. Good Luck with Tony and his business.

10 years ago, new house. Bedrooms first rooms for window coverings. Bought Graber honeycomb blinds for all bedrooms. 3 picture window size blinds, not cheap. Largest blind in MB broke within 1st year. Blind would lower normally to certain place then just one side would lower. I called and someone came and fixed it in my home. Blinds broke again recently, same thing happening. I called the franchise. I said if I knew the blinds would break again, maybe it should have been replaced instead of repaired 10 years ago. After talking with BB employee at some length, him skirting the issue, he finally said "Let me get the notes". He gets on and said they replaced the blinds 10 years ago at which point I got upset because dishonest business practices tend to do that to me. 10 years previous I watched the guy take the blinds down, fix it, and put it back up. I knew they had never replaced it.

Wrote corporate, owner of Albert Lea, MN franchise emailed me. Reiterated same thing, blinds had been replaced. Not only that, a BB person had been to our house 4 times to repair them! This all being in their "notes." Well gee Bob if that is in your notes it surely must be true. I was here, I know what occurred, so basically that makes me the liar. Just one thing Bob, I know I am not lying, so gee I guess that leaves you and your notes. Over the course of 8 years we put window coverings in our whole home from Budget Blinds. Spent thousands of dollars. I realize it's just one franchise, but when corporate hands it over to them and they don't fix it, it's called passing the buck.

I will never spend one more dollar at Budget Blinds and folks if you don't like dealing with dishonest businesses, with a corporate that doesn't follow up on complaints, I would say spend your hard-earned money elsewhere. Because in the end service is important and honesty is everything. Oh Bob got upset with me and wouldn't deal with me anymore, turned it over to blinds company Graber. In the process of taking the blinds down to get the numbers off of it, when put back up, raised all the way up my husband heard a click. When he lowered them they were working normally. God works in mysterious ways =)

I bought shutters from Budget Blinds in 2007 for my whole house. Paid over 15000. It comes with lifetime warranty. One of the shutters got bubbly and start tearing apart. I called the company in Centennial. New owner name -- David Herring. He came and look at the shutters but he was so rude and ask me to pay and buy another window. Didn't even care. They just want to sell their product for big money. There is no such a lifetime warranty. They are awful.

I purchased blinds and solar shades from Budget Blinds (Naples, Fl). The owners Mark and Kathy, informed my husband and I that we would have a lifetime warranty on Budget Blinds products. Immediately, cords broke and there was a defect in the spring. Mark did return once to repair. Cords broke again and blinds are warping. I called Mark three times and he never returned my calls. Called corporate to complain, but they said there is nothing they can do. Would never use this company!

Bought 2 double-sized and 3 single-sized faux blinds a couple of years ago for my living room. When still new, cords broke. Each time a cord broke I called Steve, the owner of franchise, who "fixed" them. He had the nerve to tell me he would charge me if he needs to fix another cord. Now another cord broke which is forcing me to spend another $1k for product different from this garbage.

Budget Blinds' (Nashville, Tennessee) Scott didn't have time to come out the second time when we plan to order the blinds for the house. He told us he is not available in the evenings. Tried to ask for the other representative in the area to help and was told they cannot and will not cross over to another representative area. Phone operator took info to pass on but didn't get a call back. Called the Budget Blind corporate office 1-714-637-2100, they told me basically 'too bad, I'm sad'. When you call, you ALWAYS get a phone operator, not the representative. Budget Blinds made us choose Lowe's. August 2015.

I was keeping my son's dog about a week ago and noticed there were several chunks of what I thought to be faux wood blinds on the floor. I could see they were nothing more than pressed cardboard with a plastic finish on them. When I purchased the blinds from Budget Blinds less than two years ago, I was told they were faux wood. I contacted the franchise owner and she said I would have to purchase an entire new unit. The blind covers 3 windows almost floor to ceiling so the cost will be substantial.

It seems these blinds have a hole punched in the cardboard and you have to replace the entire blind unit if one slat is damaged. I was never told the blinds were laminated cardboard nor could they not be repaired in the event of damage. With two dogs, this is something that should have been disclosed at the time of purchase. I suffer with two chronic pain diseases and live on disability and feel deceived and cheated by the franchise owner of Budget Blinds of Spring.

Very dissatisfied with Kevin Martin the business owner of Budget Blinds. I ordered my shutters with him Jan 2015. They finally came in 4 months later when it was said to be max 2 months delivery. They were made wrong so he had to request for a replacement. Replacement was said to be 1 month. They came in 2 months later. I finally received a phone call from him letting me know they were in. Due to a conflict in schedule he had to check his calendar and call me back to arrange installation. It is now August and I still have heard nothing from him. His communication skills as a business owner are terrible. He does not follow up or keep his customers informed.

Even after several attempts of calling him, he does not get back to you right away. He is quick to respond when you call him for an initial consultation because he wants your business but then you're on your own if you actually buy something from him. He has lacks professionalism and work common sense. He had the nerve to try and open our main door without even knocking. Next big no-no - he automatically walks to rooms without verifying if it's ok to move about the house. After seeing Budget Blinds on Under Cover Boss, there is no comparison the service shown on TV was the actual service received by their Cerritos franchise owner Kevin Martin.

He was the lowest bidder for the job, but honestly I would of rather of paid more to have much better service. Very dissatisfied with Budget Blinds. I would never recommend this company to anyone especially Kevin Martin! Kevin Martin should stick to coaching/playing tennis. Seems that drives him more rather than taking pride in owning a franchise.

I have purchased blinds from Budget Blinds in Miami Gardens, Fl. After 2 days it fails to work. It is made of very cheap plastic material. I have tried to contact the owner Mauricio for several times. He never respond to my calls. It is been 9 months. I am taking them to court.

In need of newer shades I decided to search online and came across Budget Blinds. I entered my information for an in home appointment and waited. A day later I received a call from David and we set up an appointment. I waited on that day and he never showed. He had gone to the wrong address! He left a message but by the time I listened to it he was on the other side of NYC. He wanted to rescheduled but he was never available on a Saturday when I'm off. He said he would follow up but never did. After reading the dozens of complaints it worked out to my benefit. I spent thousands with a local dealer.

The website states, "ships in 6 days." That's not true. After contacting customer service 3 times, the response is basically "sometimes that happens." I counted on the timing which is why I selected that product. I have purchased other blinds as I still do not have their blinds. An expensive mistake.

I had my old vertical blinds replaced in my office. Well, inside of 2 months they have been replaced. Now they are difficult to open and close. Very POOR response from the Somers franchisee. These things are a problem and for $900 I expected better service and a better product. I saw the owner on Undercover Boss; I ask him to contact me -- business owner to business owner! DOES HE BACK UP WHAT HE SAYS ON TV? My office is located in Enfield, CT 06082.

This is in relation to Budget Blinds of Brighton, MI. We had four sets of blinds installed a couple of years ago. Two sets of wood blinds and two sets of blackout blinds. The wood blinds have been performing adequately. The blackout blinds each have broken at least twice. One blind has no strings (it simply raises and lowers via a small tab at the bottom). This blind is for a glass door. Twice this blind has broken and been repaired. The repairs are successful, but the average repair time is two weeks.

One blind is for a wide window and has four strings. Three times now the strings have frayed and broken, causing the blind to fail. It was repaired twice and broke again a month ago. To me this is nothing more than cheap quality. There should be no reason the strings should wear out so quickly. My other problem is the local franchise. They are very slow to repair the blinds and not terribly responsive on service calls. For this most recent repair, I have been calling the owner, Bob Mitchell, for three weeks without a single response. I had to call the corporate office which only redirected me back to the Brighton office where I left yet another message. Something else to be aware of. On the corporate website, it states that all warranties are handled by the local franchise and warranty durations are also set by the local franchise. This may not be a problem, but it be very easy for a local franchise to not honor a warranty and then you'd be stuck.

I believed I have a problem with my blinds just installed, not closing all the way at bottom with a 1-inch gap. Rep came back out over a week ago and took pics. Said the owner would look at them and contact me. Have had no follow up after complaining with plenty of time passing. Be careful.

Budget Blinds Company Profile