1.23/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

124 3 Day Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 7, 2019

We had a appointment, a young lady came, we picked the style for 7 windows. I measured all the windows, but the young lady insisted on doing it herself. The blinds came more than 3 days later, they were all too too small, leaving enough of a gap that you could see inside the house, my measurements were correct. After a week, they sent another person to inspect the blinds and he concurred the the blinds were indeed too small! They reordered the right size, after 3 months, they were replaced. While the blinds are what we asked for eventually, I would not recommend these people.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Do not buy anything from this company. The sales person screwed up the order, wrong material for valance and I was told "tough **" you signed the contract. One of the shades is uneven and they don't care. The salesperson Sara is a total liar. This is overpriced and the product is inferior.

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Salesperson was obviously rushing through the appointment and trying to get me to buy something quickly. The measurements were not accurate because I watched him miss the granite backsplash that intrudes into the window at the bottom which would make it impossible to put a shade all the way down. He had no sense of style and was simply telling me what other people buy. It was a waste of 2 hours and I won't be buying from 3 Day Blinds.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I met with a representative from 3 Day Blinds (Colorado Springs) and selected blinds for my French Doors. I was able to see a sample of the material, but as for the blinds themselves I was only shown a computer drawing. The blinds arrived two weeks later. The first blind was installed - it was HORRIBLE! There was a flimsy velcro attachment covering the side view of the window mechanism. The blinds themselves were crooked (this was NOT an installation problem). The drawstring to raise/lower the blinds repeatedly was caught in the blinds themselves.

When the blinds were raised all the way they bulged out. NONE OF THIS WAS SHOWN IN THE COMPUTER ILLUSTRATION USED TO SELL ME THE BLINDS. I immediately notified the company (call/email/pictures). They said their team would review my "case". They are now refusing to give me a refund. I will only receive credit to purchase new blinds. I have notified my credit card company, and they are disputing the charges. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We needed window treatments for several rooms in our home. Our search to find a company was quite difficult. You might not think it would be since we live in Minneapolis. We called and worked with 2 other local blind companies. The first company took our order and we never heard from them again. Not even to get our down payment. (Weird right.) The second company was twice the price of what I expected a fair price would be. We called 3 Day Blinds. Three must be the charm! They came out right away, measured, were extremely pleasant. They helped me choose colors. They were knowledgable about everything. They even brought their own printer to give me an estimate and a contract on the spot. My Roman Shades arrived prior to the promised date. They are stunning! I feel I received quality sewing and fabric. The installer was terrific! Thank you! I will recommend you to everyone I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3 Day Blinds?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I want to spare you the details but this was the worst experience I’ve ever had. Three Day Blinds should really be listed for me as four-month blind. I started the process in November and I just finished with them this last week. From the designer all the way to five installations I can tell you we only had one positive experience with one of the installers at the very end, who by the way told me to use Hunter Douglas next time. Much better quality. They should be ashamed how they treat their customers. I dealt with Keith a designer???, Wendell, Kris in corporate???

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Had 3 Day Blinds install 4 honeycomb shades 7 years ago. They are very nice shades and do just what I need - insulation from heat and cold. I only raise and lower these shades once a day. After about 3 years the internal cords of one blind broke and they had to send it back to the shop. OK good. The cords on two of the shades broke and one of them 3 Day replaced free. The other one I had to pay $80 as they are "under warranty". I just had to pay for labor.

NOW! One of the cords broke on one of the other blinds. The installer came out, but the main office gave him a 4 foot cord and the shade has a 3 foot cord on it. Again, the main office knows exactly what kind of shades I ordered and how long the cords are. Shade still didn't work right. The main office ordered new parts (clutch and rollers). The installer came out but the parts were not for my blind. The installer then said the end cap was broken and needed to be replace and he would order several for me and would have them sent to me.

I received the caps but they are not for my shade. I again called and spent 30 minutes with the customer service person and was that the exact end caps for my shade would be sent to me. Again, the caps sent to me do not even look like the old cap and are not the right size. Oh Well. Guess I'll have to call the company that installed my other shades. They work perfectly. Again, 3 Day has nice shades but if they break watch out!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

This was the worst experience ever. I am a first time home buyer. I spent upwards of 5k in the Plantation shutters. Lisa ** the interior designer assigned ensured me that I should sign and pay on the spot just to get the process started but that I had time to change my order after she sent examples of the other option we discussed. Short story she never sent it. 9 days went by and I called to request the other option. She said it was too late, I then asked to cancel the order. She informed me it was too late for that as well as she place my order an entire week earlier...without even consulting me.

The order arrived. They installed the shutter and punched a hole in my bathroom wall during the installation on a bathroom window (my brand new home), the build out on my shutter on the French door blocks access to the doorknob. We specifically asked about the size of the build out she said it was minimal and not to worry...that was a lie!

And now only 3 months later one of the shutters is warped and doesn't close properly and I have been trying to have this issue addressed for over a month now...and I've been work with customer service for all the other issues and they are sticking to "it's an unfortunate circumstance however you signed the documents "... In my opinion they are thieves just looking to make a sale. No standards for quality of product, installation or customer service. I'd rate them a zero if that were an option. I wished I had checked here first! Buyer be warned.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I spent several thousands of dollars on blinds for three rooms. The blinds took over three month to arrive and then more time to get installed. In the kitchen they had to be replace because they hung wrong, which of course took more time. Now the valance in my bedroom is falling apart. I have sent five different emails with photos attached and no one will answer me. $3000.00 dollars to them might not mean much to them but to me it is a lot. I used some money I was left from a death to pay for them. It is very disheartening that no one will take responsibility. Now I understand why my salesperson up and quit the company. Probably treated as bad.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I live in Northern Indiana: 30 minutes from Notre Dame, 1-1/2 hours from Fort Wayne, and 2 hours from Chicago. I filled out their form so I could order some samples. They stated there wasn't a representative in my area, yet they sent the samples. Based on statements on their website, I assumed I could measure, order, and install myself, of which I am quite capable. I received the samples and sent an email asking for a quote. Apparently, I can order samples but they can't sell me their products because there isn't a representative in my area. Based on these reviews, it sounds like I dodged a bullet. This company can't possibly last very long with this horrible business model.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Purchased around 21 vertical blinds with a lifetime warranty and no time limit on the warranty to the original owner. Over the years when there were issues with the many plastic mechanical product parts that would fail I simply took them to the store where they were purchased and they repaired them on the spot. Beautiful customer service. Now 3 Day closed all their storefronts so you must either order the parts you need online but they restrict what they will sell you like If a window has 30 shades and the plastic clips are heat damaged and falling apart they will sell you 10 of the clips when you need 30. When I try to order even 1 part the system doesn’t recognize my invoice any of them as I have several invoices. I have contacted this corporate office over and over and to date received No support. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

All I can say is if you're considering purchasing vertical blinds or any product from them no matter what they promise in their warranty BUYER BEWARE of their extensive use of plastic because once they have issues not only will you be unable to order the plastic parts required to repair them they will not help you. They do have a repair facility but to get their authorization to get them repaired under warranty seems to be impossible. I Be advised plastic will degrade with heat and most windows are exposed to the sun and heat so it's a bad design. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL NOT SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCT WARRANTY IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. Until I receive product support I will not change my view about their product quality.

A good corporate citizen with any business sense would understand how the integrity of their stated warranty is critical to their success. I did receive a message from their corporate office that they can help me get the parts but when I call this individual he doesn’t answer. Now today I receive a message they no longer make these parts yet advertised on their available parts online. They offer to sell me new blinds at a discount but now the same type of window is completely made of plastic!!! I believe at this point a reasonable solution based on their warranty they should replace all of my purchased window blinds and continue to offer the same warranty as my original purchase.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

They make their own shades low quality, but then sell at high prices. Roman Shades are really bad and Honeycomb shades fall apart. Very disappointed with the shades that installed in my home. Not worth the money at all.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Unfortunately, it seems like no one really cares here. Our Sales Rep told us to "call the main number" in California when it took over 2 weeks to get our blinds delivered (he couldn't call?). Calling the main number, we dealt with people who were pleasant but just not helpful or efficient. When installers finally came, one of the shades was the wrong size (really?). No calls from our Sales Rep or emails from anyone about a new install date, etc. I expected more service, more attention to detail. What a disappointment.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

So where do I start, alright here it goes. The first time we heard about the company is when we bought our fifth house and this was it, no more buying houses. This was the last house we would buy. In 2015, we asked many window treatment appointment and it looked like they gave the best amount of quotation, but we did not know what was coming next. We did decide to purchase from them, but after 3 years I went back to them. At first it was all good. The shades were ordered and a set of shutters for the master bedroom was ordered at the time of measuring took place, which was on September 1st. Everything was fine, but things started falling down, such as one of the shade landed on the floor without anyone even touching it and later another fell down and this time on someone’s head.

I had already called and complained about the first fall, but when the second one fell and took place I wasn’t gonna let this slip by and asked for an urgent action to be taken. I had to do this because I had just came back from a major surgery and I didn’t want to go anywhere near the shades knowing how sensitive and pained I was already with surgery and all. My fear grow and grow and later I hear from them that they want to exchange out all the shades out into another pair of new ones from the same style and everything just all switched out. Therefore, this was about the product itself and injuries it had occurred.

My other problem is a Contract Breach they did without our acknowledgment and permission of my husband’s signature showing on another contract dated September 10th. Therefore, as we ordered the product, which was on September 1st, we receive a call saying there’s a remaining balance. Although, we financed through Green Sky for the total amount for the entire houses window treatment as well as we did put a downpayment to start the job is what we were acknowledged. The contract with the remaining amount, this contract that we still have no knowledge about comes up with a remaining balance dated September 10th. We have never met anyone upfront from 3 Day Blinds since September 1st so why is there a signature on a new contract with a remaining balance? Is something needing investigation and a good explanation of why???

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I ordered blinds through Three Day Blinds. One window was an off the shelf type order for a smaller window. The blinds were nothing you could not get for $29 at Lowe's or Home Depot. I went with it because I thought it would be easier. That window came to $400 installed. Done within a week convenience and impulse. Would not recommend it to anyone as I think there are other alternates equal in appearance but at much less cost.

However the custom blinds were 6 weeks... In addition to going through several visits from the salesperson and install coming to measure. This process went on way too long and I should have cancelled out but by that time I had invested too much time. This added 2 weeks onto the process so lets put total time involved at over 8 weeks. Order initiated 7/3 and installed early September (around the 6th).

Finally the financing debacle left me with a very negative feeling about the whole transaction. I was clear up front that I wanted to use my own credit for at least the majority of the transaction. They offered me financing through GreenSky that would be interest free for a year (starting from the initial interaction). When everything was done the total of the initial financing was through their resource. I was willing to let this pass figuring I would charge the balance to my preferred method for the remaining balance when blinds installed.

I asked the installer and he said it would be taken care of. Next thing I know it was charged to their financing method. I called and the salesperson said that she could not request an adjustment but maybe I could pay a portion of the balance using my card. No go with Greensky on that option. I went back to the salesperson and demanded she get her manager involved. Manager called and left me a message to say it was too late. They had closed their books. I found this odd since it was just charge several weeks ago and called but had to leave a message to that effect.

To this date she has not called me back to explain why she could not handle my request and it has been a month. I resign myself that I would just pay off what is there. However, it leaves HUGE doubts about servicing their expensive blinds based on the customer service I received once they had the money. I would not recommend this business and do not view them as having any integrity. If anyone wanted my advice I would suggest going through Lowe's or Home Depot. Basically same product and I trust they would be able to beat the service of Three Day Blinds on their worst day.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I made the mistake of ordering a blind from this company. 400.00 for one small blind with installation. Three months later and five visits from this company and they still can’t get it right. They all lie and blame each other. I am now throwing the blind in the garbage and asking for a full refund. Save yourself a lot of headaches and don’t buy anything from this company.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

From the measurement, to the price, to the installation, to the "customer service" this company fails. Their guarantee is 3 days... 10 days after you actually receive the blinds—which don't fit or aren't what you ordered. They try to gloss it over, but truthfully, they only do what the law requires to make things right, which isn't enough by a long shot. Their customer service reps. are patronizing and unyielding. I would NEVER do business with them again. I disputed their charges with my bank.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I made the mistake of purchasing 3 Day blinds, and I am writing so that other people, at least in South Florida do not make the same mistake. I paid a considerable sum to a nice salesman named James in West Palm Beach for the blinds and, after a month, I was duly contacted by the contractor they use to install the blinds. We agreed on a time. The installer, after agreeing on a day and time and that he would reconfirm the day and time later in the week, did not do so, and accused me of lying when I told him he agreed to come. I had his number on my telephone, by the way, but he denied having ever spoke with me. So, we agreed to another time, and he reconfirmed several times.

The hour of his arrival came and went, and I called him, and he said he had called me but I didn't answer...well, yes, we had confirmed twice the same morning, so I didn't take my phone to a meeting, thinking, logically, that the appointment was confirmed (my husband was waiting for the installer at the condo). I call him, and he is verbally abusive on the phone, and I tell him not to come. I call the installers, and they, after two weeks, send someone else, who installs the blinds incorrectly. I call 3 Day Blinds and they say they have no other installer in West Palm Beach. So--the blinds do not work and a renter is coming to the condo in four days. This is not a professional organization. Avoid them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I spent thousands of dollars with 3 Day Blinds, just for my bedrooms. Products arrived, and boxes look totally looked fine. Installer came to put the shades on and before he can put it on shades my sliding door one fell apart. This tells me the quality is really not good. Also he didn't do a good job installing the master bedroom window and the bathroom. For the sliding door shades, I don't know when I will be receiving it. A case was open with them, and it's been almost a week since this happened, and I am yet to receive a call. Only emails. Oh by the way, the saleswomen whom sold the shades to me also resigned. That tells me a lot about 3 Day Blinds. I want my money back and you can take your shades.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

In late August 2018 I contacted 3 Day Blinds to come out and give me a quote for 6 windows. I was told IN WRITING it would take 7-10 business days to have the blinds fabricated and installed. It took almost 9 weeks! The installer lost the measurements and a month later he had to come out to my house and measure again. That process took another two weeks. While he was installing the blinds I noticed that he drilled into my window frames. I was very upset about that. I cannot and will not recommend 3 Day Blinds. I will go to someone local next time like Home Depot or Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I hired 3 Day Blinds to install custom drapes. I have been caught up in 4 month nightmare. I was told by their salesman, Kirk **, that they did their own installation. Not true. They hire incompetent independent contractors. I was forced to pay the full $6,668.00 prior to installation. I was supposed to have my drapes installed in July. Installer showed up unprepared, without proper brackets, the drapes were uneven. I have requested a refund but their main office in Irvine refuses. Their product is expensive, salespeople lie to make sales, 3rd party installers incompetent, customer service office horrible. I have gone to BBB, waste of time. I also asked for a charge back from my credit card company, which is the only action that got their attention. Stay away from this horrible company. They should not be allowed to be in business preying on consumers.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered from 3 Day Blinds on Saturday, September 15, 2019. Yes, I agree with another person who said they were pricey. I will not order again. Anyway, they called me on Monday, September 17, 2018 and told me my order would be in on Friday, September 21, 2018 and wanted to set up an appointment. They took the balance out of my checking account on Wednesday, September 19th and then called me on Thursday, September 20th and told me that only one item was ready and the other two would not be ready until October 5th. Less than 50% of my order was ready and they took the balance. I think these people are crooks. Save yourself and your money. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. And, I haven't seen the finished product yet. Now I'm really afraid.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I ordered custom valances from them. Final product was well constructed but flimsy for the high cost. I expected better quality fabric. Sales rep was very nice and seemed knowledgeable. Paid more than half the price up front. One week before my scheduled install date I noticed a large deduction from my checking account without my explicit permission. When I complained, they referred me to the fine print. Thankfully, there was enough money in the account to cover it, but it could have wreaked havoc with bounced checks at 35.00 per bounce to say nothing of demanding 100% of payment before I have received the merchandise. Wrote a letter to the CEO, who apologized, but I have since discovered they have not changed their business practices. Do yourself a favor, work with a local merchant who has a reputation in the community to protect. This company is not good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

It's unfortunate that this company actually creates an expectation of timeliness with their name because our 2-3 week blinds took over a month and then when they came, one was warped and one doesn't fit and it seems that if we follow their protocol, it will be another month before we have replacements. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Sadly I should have read reviews first. Same story. Nice consultant. Ok price. I ordered shutters. They came in three months. What happened to THREE day blinds. This is three month blinds. End product was nice, installer was nice but you better be very, very ,very patient. To top it off, the installer brought the shutters in a box marked “made in China”. I could be wrong but I was under impression they were made in America. Also, my mom ordered regular mini blinds from this company after me and waited over 6 weeks for them. Again, THREE day blinds??? Never again. Go to Lowe’s.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had never used 3 Day Blinds before but did read some decent reviews so as I had just remodeled kitchen and family room I wanted to replace drapes & mini-blinds. The sales lady who came to my home was helpful and made good recommendations. My problem is not with her or the end product, which seems satisfactory. My complaint is with how they collect their payment. I gave them a check for more than half of the total amount upfront. I was told that they would call me a couple of days before installation to arrange for the "final" payment. I never heard from them so I called the day before installation and was told that they had pulled the "final" payment (over $1800.00) out of my checking account 11 days before the installation was scheduled. I find this very disturbing and it made me very angry. It also caused my account to be overdrawn (the only time in 40 years this has happened to me).

I am not in the habit of making a final payment before I see the end results, but because I liked the product that was presented I agreed - however I find it unconscionable that they would draw money out of my account without first contacting me, especially when the amount was sizable and was done so far in advance of the installation. Therefore, I would not recommend this company to my friends.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased a new home and scheduled a rep from 3 Day Blinds on 7/30 to come there to order blinds. Nothing was "custom" other than the sizes is as usual. I'm a Real Estate Broker and have used and recommended them many times. This time I've not heard from my rep nor the company and it's 8/17. I move in 8/20 so I'll have nothing on any windows. I've called them 2x for update and they just said they should be here soon. Like I said, rep NEVER checked in with me so I won't be recommending this company to any of my clients; in fact, I'll let them know this experience and have them tell their friends. It's disappointing overall as it's usually been about a 3 or 4 stars for me but it's a 1 this time. They should teach their reps and operators better skills in customer service and the rep should know to call me once or twice to see what she could do to assist me. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The reviews speak for themselves/Avoid this company! We were promised an installation date a month ago. No one called us to let us know that our product had been backordered. We’ve been the ones calling every week for an update. We’ve already been billed for the product and still NO installation date. We have asked to speak to the manager that has zero people skills and responded angrily back at us only to “happily offer a refund.” We are in the real estate business & we will NEVER EVER recommend this unprofessional business.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Had a consultant come to our home. She was friendly and appeared to have knowledge of the product. She gave an initial estimated quote because the 3 windows were too high for her to do an exact measure. Quoted on 3 different styles of blinds. I told her the most expensive option was out... way too much $. The other 2 options, I wanted to see a breakdown and maybe would consider going with the more expensive option on only 2 windows instead of the full 3.

I was told she would e-mail me later that night with the options. I did receive an e-mail but only on the 2 most expensive ones and for all 3 windows. I e-mailed her back and left a VM requesting the quotes on the lower priced option and for only 2 windows as well as the 3. I said this was most likely what we would go with. 1 week later, no return call, no return e-mail and even after completing the company survey... no response from the company. I guess my cheap order wasn't worth wasting their time with. Went with another company, lower priced, great service!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Ordered 1st part of May and just getting call about installation. Buy from Lowe’s and get 21 day guarantee. If I purchase more it will be from Lowe’s. Will give update about satisfaction on shutters after installed.

3 Day Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

3 Day Blinds manufactures and sells window shades, blinds, interior shutters and curtains. Consultants come to your home to help you choose the best window treatment and give you a quote based on your needs. The company has consultants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.

• Financing available: 3 Day Blinds offers financing to help you afford the window treatments you want. Financing is based on credit approval, and you can apply online. Qualifying customers can make payments interest-free for up to 12 months.

• In-home consultation: 3 Day Blinds brings their showroom to you with in-home consultations. The consultations are free, and you’ll be given a quote for your home. The company serves 13 states. To find your local consultant, visit 3 Day Blinds’ website.

• Free safety kits: 3 Day Blinds will send you a kit to make your corded blinds or drapes safer for children. Several types of Child Safety Retrofit Kits are available to work with most types of blinds and shades. Anyone can order a kit, not only 3 Day Blinds customers.

• Warranty: All 3 Day Blinds products come with a free limited warranty. Cords and ladders are covered for five years, and fabrics, motors and remote controls are covered for seven years. The operating mechanism is covered for the life of the product, which will vary based on the item you choose.

• Referral bonus: If you refer friends to 3 Day Blinds and they make a purchase from the company, you’ll get a $50 Amazon gift card. You have to use an online form from the company’s website to be eligible for the reward.

• Best for: individuals who want professional help in their home to take measurements and make selections.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

3 Day Blinds Company Information