1.14/5
Based on 91 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

94 3 Day Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

I ordered my blinds on June 30th, scheduled to install on the 7th (holiday week so I was ok). They called and left a message to tell me the material was delayed so no install. I called back and left a message that I needed a Saturday appt since I work. No return call. I got a call on Wednesday from the installer saying he would be late. Um, no I am at work. No one called me back to schedule an appointment, and certainly not mid week. Well, this is their modus operandi, don't answer the phone, unless corporate calls. Scheduled for the next week during my vacation on Tuesday, and get a reminder saying Wednesday. Ahhh, I have no one to be here Wednesday so I have asked for a full refund. Promised customer service would call me, no call. I am DONE with this company!!! If their product is as bad as their service it is good riddance.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I have no idea if I like the blinds yet as they are not installed yet!! I have spent over 3 hours today trying to get it taken care of. They were supposed to be installed today, but they fired the installer and still haven't passed the paperwork to the new installer. I have spoken to the installer and he said all he needs is the paperwork and he can pick them up from the former installer and install them. The company seems to be a mess with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. The salesman answers his phone very infrequently. He must know we are having a tough time and is avoiding us. It is a serious mess. Oh it has been almost a full month to get our 3 Day Blinds and we still don't have them. Expensive and a major pain in the rump!!! Don't use them! Go somewhere else.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 8, 2018

Sales and contract writing went very smoothly. I had to work on the day of the installation in my new home, so I had my sister meet the installer to let him in/out. When I arrived the next morning, I had notice the breakfast nook blinds were installed wrong. I contacted my salesperson Missy. She said she would follow up to get this corrected and that’s the last that I’ve heard of her. I guess when they have your money... that’s all that matters.

The communication is HORRIBLE with this company. From the scheduler Rebecca that says she will call you back & never does (twice this has happened) to the installer Seth who has an excuse & explanation for everything. Two weeks later...my issue has yet to be resolved. I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone... not even my worst enemy. When you pay for overpriced blinds because the company can install it fast for you... BUYER BEWARE! Once they do fix it... I get to fix & repaint the holes left in my new construction dream home. Just ridiculous and very disappointing.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I contacted 3 Day Blinds with the confidence that I would have my blinds completely installed in time for a family party I was having. The salesperson came and did a very thorough job. We chose our blinds and everything went downhill from there. Our installer arrived on time and immediately informed me that my order was incomplete. They sent wrong product in order to show that the order was fulfilled however it just gave us false hope that we would have the blinds in time for our party.

Within two days we were assigned a "case manager". The case manager called me and basically told me I had no recourse. I said that I did not get my 3 Day Blinds that I paid extra for and she was unapologetic. When I pressed her that this was unacceptable she only offered to refund the expedite charge. When I asked to speak to a supervisor it got even worse. The supervisor actually told me he could not guarantee when I would get the rest of my order and stated I don’t want to give you "false hope". 3 Day Blinds should change the name of their company to “3 days of false hope.”

Original review: April 26, 2018

Last Saturday (April 21st 2018) I had a salesperson (Dawn ** - avoid her at ALL COSTS!! As well as this terrible company) come into our home as we were looking for shutters for our large front window and decided on Roman Blinds for the 4 bedroom windows. As soon as we got the quote (which was more than DOUBLE what another (way more reputable) company gave us. Right then and there I shouldn't gone with my gut. I wasn't impressed from the get-go with the salesperson, but continued to give it a chance. She texted (not called but texted) her supervisor to see if it'd be ok if they matched the price of the other company, to which she was told yes, as long as we did it today. So against my better judgment I agreed and we gave them the check for 55% of the purchase price.

She was CLUELESS. The measurements were a joke (she continuously changed the numbers on paper without once remeasuring). I literally had to show her how certain things were done (by how the reputable companies salesperson showed me)... So, I texted her Sunday night (24 hrs after) to let her know that we would be canceling our order and that I'd email the cancel notice first thing in the morning... Which I did. Heard absolutely nothing from her all day. Finally at 8:01 pm I received an email that said it'd be canceled. However, today - 4 DAYS later - we noticed the money was still deducted from our account. And of course no one will answer any calls - including our salesperson! ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!Their salesperson are ridiculous... Their product is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and they have the absolute WORST customer service on the face of this earth!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3 Day Blinds?

Original review: April 11, 2018

The company accessed my checking account without my approval. Then when I asked for my signed documentation which they never gave me they refused by not answering my email requests or calling me to say when I should expect the documents. They also stated that the person who referred them to me would get a discount; this hasn't happened. They are obviously untrustworthy and violated my rights by accessing my account without my written approval. I will be filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs, FTC and the FDIC.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased the blinds on 3/10/18. It is now 4/11/18 and I have yet to receive the blinds. I received an email stating that the blinds will be installed on 3/27/18. Given that I work for a living I contacted the local number provided in the email. No answer. I called that number again and same response. I even called the representative whom I had let into my home on that fateful Saturday afternoon. My gut instinct told me to not make the purchase because I thought that they were affiliated with Costco!

At any rate, the next thing I knew there was an email asking me to provide input on the installation. I thought that was rather strange given that I have yet to lay eyes on anyone with the blinds. I therefore answered the survey stating that very fact. I then received a telephone call from 3 Day Blinds and I wasted yet more of my time going through the narrative. The second person from the company then called to state that in addition to the email I should have received a telephone call setting up the date and time of my choosing none of which of course occurred.

I then received a call from the local installer who then proceeded to give me a weekday schedule. I started to ask how many times must I repeat myself regarding no weekday installation? Before I could finish my thought I was met with insulting remarks about how this is the first time I am talking to you, I don't know anything about any of this etc etc. It was on a Friday afternoon and I was not about to elevate my blood pressure and so I simply got off the phone. The next phone call was from the previous person I had spoken to who assured me that they will get an installer from the Orlando area because I made it crystal clear to him that I do not under any circumstance want the current installer in my home.

I also stated that I will contact my credit card company and sever all ties with 3 Day Blinds because it simply too much nonsensical drama for which I have neither the time nor the energy. He agreed that I should be going through it and that it is entirely up to me if I wanted to sever all ties but that he will try to find another installer. An entire week went by without any communication from anyone. And so I did the next best thing for me. I called Capital One and narrated the entire experience. They then reversed the charges.

Today, exactly 32 days of my making the purchase I received a phone call from a person from 3 Day Blinds stating that I cannot sever ties and that they can work out a credit of some sort. My response was very simple..."Oh yes I can and I have and the next time get honest, competent people to represent your company." The utter and sheer arrogance that she thinks should could tell me that there is an agreement when they have not held up their end of the agreement and that I should not consider it a personal affront to being lied to explains why consumers have given them 1 stars across the board. I intend on reading reviews in the future before embarking on another business relationship with any company. If I had done my homework I would not have found myself in this horrible mess. I wish there was a ZERO star but since that is not an option I will settle for one star.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We recently built and closed on our new home in Austin, Texas. I contacted 3 Day Blinds for a quote for window treatments. Diane the sales person was awesome pre installation. We paid for expedite service to have the installed in three days. The installer arrived on the 3rd day and installed the blinds. The motor blinds were not working properly so he indicated that new motors would be ordered. It has been almost a month and we have three blinds in major areas that are inoperable due to motor issues. We were assigned to a case manager "Crystal" who has not been very helpful in getting the situation resolved. The total cost of the blinds we chose is almost 5K. I am extremely unsatisfied with the product, quality and customer service experience and we are currently reviewing our legal options since we financed the blinds and the company has not met its obligations. I would never recommend this company. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I made a purchase the early part of February. The blinds showed up as promised but I was dissatisfied with the design and installation. I purchased Roman Shades for the kitchen. I was told the ends would wrap so the ends would have a finished look. I agreed that would be fine. During the sale, I was not told the pull cord would be underneath the blind so every time I want to open the blinds, I have to lift up the blind and locate the pull cord to raise the blind. In closing the blind, the cord is easily located but the blind ends up laying on my arm as I lower the blind because it doesn't lay flat due to the cord being underneath. The blinds in the front room are top down bottom up. I was told it would be easier to open the center window if I had pull cords because I had a table in front of the window. I agreed. When the blinds were installed, the blind would catch on the window every time I opened it.

After 2 email attempts to the sales rep and 2 emails to the company, I finally had the installer out to my house on the 28th of March. He added two brackets to the front window to pull the cords, one on each side, away from the window so the blinds wouldn't catch on the window. Nothing could be done with the Roman shade in the kitchen because "that's how it was designed". I have sent replies to the customer survey and still haven't heard anything. If the installer had checked the blinds, he should've known the kitchen blinds wouldn't open without lifting the blind and that the front blinds wouldn't open without catching on the window. He never went over the operation of the blinds with my son. If he had, he would've noticed the problem.

I don't like the brackets on the front blind. He should've called and discussed my options before adding the bracket. If I would've known how the blinds turned out, I would've preferred no cords on the front blinds and a top down bottom up blind in my kitchen but I was led to believe what was ordered was the better option. The sales rep should've been more clear on what was being ordered and the installer should've had more communication with me. Now I'm stuck with a substantial dollar amount in purchases I'm not happy with. I was told 3 Day Blinds was a great company and were reasonably priced. I paid over $3800 for 9 blinds and I'm not satisfied.

Original review: March 21, 2018

On January 13, 2018 a designer representing 3 Day Blinds came to my house and we selected solar shades along with some Roman shades. The total cost was $4,998.35. About three weeks later, we received the solar shades and were told that the Roman shades were in production. At the end of February and many promises later, I was told that the order for the shades had been CANCELLED not once, but TWICE. By this time, a “case manager” has been assigned to handle the order which arrived today, MARCH 20. The shades were not what we ordered on JANUARY 13. Now I am being told that I cannot get a refund because there is a 30 day cancellation period. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? This whole thing has been a nightmare. All I wanted were some Roman shades for five windows. Don’t bother using this company unless you want continued delays, excuses and frustrations.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The reason we used 3 Day Blinds was because we needed the blinds installed ASAP. We paid extra for expedited shipping and was promised the delivery and installation in 3 days. After paying the nightmare started. We were called and told the tech was going back to his home state (3 Day Blinds uses subs in Florida). Then we were called and told the shipment was delayed then we were told we had to wait because the local tech quit (this was after we were told the only tech they had was from TX) and finally told we had to wait because they had another customer to install before use.

Once the installation started they shipped the wrong valance and a shade for the kitchen. We also purchased a five channel remote and was given a single channel. We have just completed the work 6 weeks later and then the original promised date. Customer service tried to help but they have very limited authority or capabilities to really resolve any problems. In summary stay away from 3 Day Blinds. Find a local supplier and installation company, you may have to wait a few days longer but it will be worth it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I met with a consultant and agreed to purchase Top Down Bottom Up blinds. They sent standard blinds. In order to resolve the issue, I was forced to pay an "upgrade" fee to get the blinds I thought I already purchased. I was already locked into the contract and had no way to back out or return the standard blinds. I had no choice to pay more than what I already agreed to, to get the product I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I ordered 38 blinds from 3 Day Blinds on Oct 23rd 2017. The blinds were installed mid November. Most of the blinds were mismeasured as the installer acknowledged himself. One week later the first blind started to warp and many are badly warped by now - it is winter = cold outside! This was reported to the company by me and the installer who had to come out to finish the install that is still not finished! The company has two kind of blinds - vinyl and wood. I have two big windows with wood and the rest vinyl. Both wood and vinyl are warping and don't close properly. They now want to replace the blinds with the same product which makes no sense because the same thing will happen with the same product.

Many homes here in Sedona have blinds and I have never seen them warp - it is the company's quality that lets them warp. This is a rental property and I need to rent it out and definitely don't want to spend months waiting for the company to finally realize they don't have the right product for my needs. I kept calling and reporting the issue for months now but they don't return calls. Desired Resolution: Refund. Desired Outcome. I need them to uninstall their blinds and give me a full refund. If they don't want to uninstall and re-install the window coverings I had I will take care of it myself but I do need my $12.625,66 back.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I had salesperson come to home. She didn't even explain different products. She just went right to figuring out cost. I said I thought that was high. She said, "Our blinds are metal. We don't sell vinyl blinds." Decided to buy. She also said lifetime guarantee. Both were not true. After researching web page. I called and no one wants to talk to me now. They call it 3 Day Blinds and week and half before coming to install. I also was told they would install at my convenient and was told if After a week if I didn't take 8:30 appt. I would have to work another week. I am handicapped and not good in morning but no one cares now. They got 780.00 from me. They aren't coming for three days and had nerve after all this to ask for rest payment before. "No way," I told them. "When they are installed and I am satisfied I will pay balance." Very bad business. Five different people involved and no one wants to talk after they got my money. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

3 Day Blinds used to be a great company when they had local stores, now you are in contact with an 800 number, and people that who are not familiar with how they are made or what parts may be needed. My blinds are older and in need of some repairs (broken wands, broken pulls, and the bottom plate had come off of some of the blinds, this home has been rented for the past 6 years to an older lady).

Upon my request for a repair person to come out and make a list of all the parts that would be needed to fix them they asked for $85.00 for a service call, which I gladly paid. Upon speaking with this customer service person, she had no clue about anything I was telling her, I wondered if she had seen one of their blinds. The service person came out and I spoke with him over the phone and asked him to please check all the blinds while he was there and so I could walk him through the problems I was aware of. He informed me that a button usually on the bottom of the blinds would not work for my blinds because of the width of the decorative tapes, and that the same part would have to go back on, and that they could be repaired in their original manner. That was acceptable to me.

Now 3 weeks later I just received an email stating that the buttons have been discontinued, which we had decided wouldn't work for my blinds. Now this customer service person is telling me to have a service person go out and check to see what parts will be needed is going to cost me $200.00, I emailed her and said he has already done that, he just needs to put the parts on. All of these parts have a lifetime guarantee. They need to hire experienced people who know how the function of the blinds work, so they can offer better customer service. I am assuming they have been sold since all stores have been closed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

On 11/25/17, a design consultant came to my home to measure the windows and sliding glass door for my home. The consultant arrived earlier than scheduled, but I made the adjustments with the anticipation that I would finish sooner. The consultant was at my home for more than 3 hours, which was spent on measurements and selecting the product. Upon completing the estimate the consultant provided me an estimate of over $1800. The design consultant was requesting 51% deposit and I informed her the price was out of my budget. The design consultant then recommended that I could break the project up into small parts and thus I decided to go with the recommendation and asked that I have the verticals for the sliding glass door first.

To my dismay, the design consultant deleted all other measurements. Although she assured me that she could get the measurements for the other windows back, she stated that she was having difficulties with obtaining all other measurements outside of the measurements for the sliding glass door. I decided to move forward with the payment for the verticals for the sliding glass door. I made a 51% deposit and the consultant told me that she wanted to make sure that the measurements for my sliding door was accurate and that someone would be calling me on Monday 11/27/17 to come out and re-measure. No one had called me on Monday, 11/27/17, thus I called the company on Tuesday, 11/28/17. I informed the customer service agent that I was going away for a few days for a cruise and I demanded that someone come out prior to my departure. Someone came out on Sunday, December 3rd to do the re-measure.

On December 11th I called 3 Day Blinds because my install date of December 16th was approaching and I had not heard from anyone. Upon notifying the customer service that my install date was approaching and that I had not heard from anyone that I was concerned the customer service representative was so rude and continued to remind me that I signed a contract and that the anticipated install date was only an estimation and not a guarantee. I asked to speak with his supervisor and was directed to Jodi **. Jodi ** stated that she would look into the contract and get back with me ASAP. To my dismay, Jodi too began to remind me that I signed a contract that stated that the install date was an estimation and not a guarantee. Jodi went further to remind me that "I had the option to not move forward with the install at the time of the consultation.

I then reminded Jodi that the design consultant talked to the company being in Riverview where I reside and that the company has never had any issues with delays. Thus, based upon the assurances of the design consultant I chose to go through and put down a deposit of 51%. December 16th came and went. I notified the blind company that I will be cutting my losses and not moving forward with the deal as I am very dissatisfied with the company and personally believe 3 Day Blinds is a scam. The design consultant hasn't returned any of my calls and Jodi **, the lead has been downright rude, cruel, and nasty in my interactions with her.

Resolution response: Dec. 11, 2017

3 Day Blinds reached out and resolved my concerns to my satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

3 Day Blinds phone agents lied to me and it’s going to cost me over $2,500 to fix. I've purchased a standard honeycomb shade and three dual-shades from 3 Day Blinds for four windows in my home since May 2016. I recently had the windows in my home replaced. At the beginning of this process, I contacted 3 Day Blinds to inquire about having my blinds' length cut down, per the dimensions on my newly installed and soon-to-be trimmed windows. I was told that for an $85 visit fee and $40 cut fee per shade that my shades could be picked up at my house, cut down, and returned to me.

With the knowledge that my shades could be cut down, I told my contractor not to worry about matching the window opening to my shade length, but to focus on installing the trim to look its best. Now that the work is complete, I contacted 3 Day Blinds to schedule the home visit and trimming of my shades. I was informed that 3 Day Blinds does not trim shades. They were sorry I was misinformed, but that's their policy. There is nothing they can do for me -- except help me order $2,500+ of new shades! Buyer beware in trusting 3 Day Blinds.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Very unhappy how my shades fit my windows. When I ordered them I was not told these shades would not fit my windows properly. They stick out about an inch and a half from my windows. Plus I was told there would be no pulls on them and there was. When I complained, I was told I could order new ones with a 30% discount. I already paid thousands of dollars for the ones I have. This is what happens when you pay for something before it is installed.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The total cost for two backdoor window shades, with a promotional discount, came to a little under $600. I expected this. But along with that cost, I expect a certain level of service. The initial appointment was great. The designer was prompt and courteous. He was friendly, offered suggestions, but wasn't pushy. He brought along with him many samples for me to see. I felt good about the first visit. First impressions are important. Well, it's been downhill fast ever since!

3 Day Blinds contracts out their installations, which is fine. But, they should remain integrated in the process more than the level I have seen. Basically, 3 Day Blinds is out of the picture once the order is placed by the customer. This is a huge disappointment, especially when there is an issue with either the installation or the finished product. In my case, there was an issue with both, the installation and the finished product that was delivered to the installer to install. From my experience, there is a huge disconnect between the installation process and 3 Day Blinds.

Before my initial design consultation, I updated 3 Day Blinds with my cell phone because all they had on my file is my work number. I made a point to call 3 Day Blinds and ask them to remove my office number and add my cell. The representative I spoke to seemed efficient, and said she changed the number for me. However, I soon came to realize that something must have gone wrong because the installers only had my office number to reach me. How or why, I have no idea. But, it caused many problems during the installation phase.

Once my finished product was shipped, I received an auto generated email from 3 Day Blinds advising me of the shipment. Once received by the installers, I am supposed to receive a call from the installer to schedule my installation. I never received a call. So, I called the installer number that is listed in the shipment email notification from 3 Day Blinds. I scheduled my own installation appointment with the installer directly, and was told by the installer that I would receive an installation appointment confirmation email, and that the installer will call me about 30 minutes before his arrival since the appointment time is a block window of time. I reiterated to the installation company to be sure to call my cell phone, and once again gave it to them. I even asked the rep to repeat it back to me.

On the day of the installation (SATURDAY), I was home waiting…and waiting. I never received a call from the installer. I called the installation company 1-hr after my appointment time had passed to inquire about the status of the installer. I left a message on their voicemail to advise that the installer never showed up and never called me. I called back again on Monday morning about the installer missing the appointment, and left another message detailing out the situation, and once again leaving my cell number. I never received a call back.

I called again on Tuesday morning, this time, someone answered the phone. It was the same woman with whom I had spoken the week before when the installation appointment was scheduled. She was very nice and apologized, and then told me they had been calling my office number. I asked her WHY, considering I had changed the number on file, and always left my cell in the 3 voicemail messages I had left with the installation company. Her response was, “You will need to call 3 Day Blinds to correct it.” I had already corrected it before the initial consultation! I had also always given the installation company MY CORRECT CONTACT NUMBER. So, evidently because the installer supposedly called my office number and did not reach me on the day of the installation, DESPITE THEM EMAILING ME A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, the installer did not fulfill the installation appointment.

What a ridiculous waste of time! I scheduled yet another installation appointment with the installation company. Once again, I reiterated to the installation company that my office number is not where I can be reached. My installation appointment was scheduled for 5 days after my first installation appointment, 12 days after I placed the order with the designer. The installer had a window of 3-5pm for my installation. He did not arrive until 6:30pm. The installer was very nice. He installed the two shades, and even pointed out to me that both of the shades were made incorrectly. The roll direction was not what I ordered. So, he said he would get in touch with 3 Day Blinds, advise them of the error in the roll direction, place a replacement order, and that the installation company would call me to schedule the re-installation once they receive the replacement shades.

It’s now been 3 weeks since I placed the order and I STILL do not have the shades I ordered! “THREE DAY” Blinds, not accurate! I received a “courtesy care” email and phone call (left me a voicemail) from 3 Day Blinds asking about my experience. Via phone and email, I expressed my discontent at the level of service and lack of competence I’ve received in the handling of my order by 3 Day Blinds and their installation. The response, which I received 2 days later expressed no apologies for any part of my complaint. I will NEVER use 3 Day Blinds again. There are other companies who have the same products, for the same prices, but have better reviews.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I am completely unsatisfied with this unsafe product and I told the installer right away at my home and he reviewed the product to not fit the sides of the inside window sill. I told him to take back and he said he would write a note. I called right away and was told she, Ramona at Customer Service said she would review. It is terrible product that does not fit within the window and I have been told it is normal and you can see within each side into my home. I asked for my money back and she said she would not refund me. I asked about their motto of highest customer service and she said that they cannot refund. This is uncalled for. This was one blind for $630.00. I do not want a new blind, I want my money returned.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

So this is our second time around with 3 Day Blinds. I figured our first disappointing experience with them had to be an anomaly so chose to try doing business with them again. We needed blinds for five floor to ceiling windows. The consultant comes out and measures the windows. Husband tells her at least four times about our last experience with missing spacers for the blinds and she assures him the spacers will be shipped with the blinds. An appointment is set five days later and the installer comes out (initially an hour early - we weren't home so he left and did not plan on coming back, coming back only because the company insisted he come back) only to find there are no spacers so he cannot hang the blinds.

Installation appointment #2 is set and they show up with spacers but not the right type of screw to hang the blinds. During this time we are living with glare in the house during the day and a sense of living in a glass house at night. Installation appointment #3 is set and he comes out and can only hang four out of the five blinds because yet again he doesn't have all the proper equipment with which to hang the blinds. Installation appointment #4 is set and he comes out and gets the fifth blind hung but cannot correct gaps in the valance so it is decided to recut the valance and place a keystone in the center to hide the gap where the two boards come together.

Installation #5 appointment is set and he comes out and hangs the new valance and places the keystone, which is off center. Three months have now passed since they came out, insisted on full payment up front and cashed the check while the ink was still wet. How they stay in business is beyond me. We won't be using them again - ever.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

This is the worse experience I had in my life. The installers were classless and unprofessional, they look like homeless people and drug addicts. They don't even use good language, I wonder how can your company have this kind of useless people! They didn't wear shoe cover and bring all the dirt from outside to my living room, they kept the frame and panels on my sofa sets and ripped it off, bought 7 windows, installed 6, and one they broke. Out of the 6, one was damaged and another one was not aligned since it was not measured properly. They will have to remove this 2 and put it back again.

Now pls ask them to come and measure the one that was not aligned with the other windows? My living room looks so ugly now, I have my son's birthday party on 9th and around 20 families will come. This is going to be embarrassing! This is so bad man! Above all, I wonder why this person does not know how to use the restroom??? One of the installers used the restroom and they didn't flush the toilet, there was poop on the toilet and on the floor, when I asked them about this they started arguing with me.

I called your office and spoke with one supervisor named Joseph, while I was on the phone I asked this guy that you have to clean my toilet before leaving and the guy who messed up the toilet cleaned all the poop. This is just ridiculous Corey, and I am serious about this. I will never ever recommend you guys to anyone and also will try my best to depromote you guys by all the means I have. How can these installers be this rude? I just kicked them out of my home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I wish I had read all these reviews before I contacted and contracted with 3 Day Blinds. The honeycomb shades did not fit, did not cover the windows and provide privacy and light filtering which were my two criteria. 3 Day Blinds wouldn't refund my money because they said they were "custom made." Really? If they were customized why didn't they fit? Then they overcharged me for a product I was looking at before the honeycombs. I did not realize that. Oh yes, 3 Day Blinds wants to access your credit card and take monies out. I advised 4 days ago not to do this anymore, and they are trying to do it again today. It has taken me two months to be able to find something that will fit my French doors. However, the product is not produced by 3 Day Blinds which is a good thing, because maybe they'll fit.

Anyway, the Hunter Douglas vertical honeycomb which is the only thing that will work on my door, but which no one ever even suggested, is more expensive and 3 Day will not compensate me for my time, inconvenience, being overcharged, lack of privacy and security. The "case manager" I dealt with at Home Office wrote and told me "You never requested compensation," to which I replied, "it should have been offered by you." Her response was that when everything is complete (my having paid for all their rip off products) that she would "consider" compensation. Linna is her name and she represents the quality of their products to a tee -- need I say more. I asked Linna to have one of her supervisors contact me immediately. Crickets, as I have heard nothing.

If anyone is interested in doing a Class Action suit against 3 Day Blinds, let me know. This is absolutely ridiculous and these people need to be held accountable. It is not right to treat clients this way. If it weren't for customers they would not be in business. We pay for their salaries!!! I can stand outside my bedroom window and look straight in and see my bed. I have been barricading boxes around my bed for over two months so I will feel safe. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE; YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I already have cordless blinds from 3Day Blinds before. Then I ordered more for the rest of the rooms, but blinds WITH CORDS was placed for my order. Now that everything was paid for & several messages were left from their rep. nobody's returning my call, this is very frustrating. What a customer service!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: June 1, 2017

Has to be one of the worst customer service I've ever come across... but oh so nice until after the order was placed, paid for, then installed. Once that was all completed, they didn't give a ** about us. Ordered 4 custom blinds for my condo that cost around $2400.00. Was told when I ordered them that it was "Lifetime Guaranteed" that if they didn't work properly or parts were needed they would be replaced. One of the main reasons that we decided to buy the blinds from 3 Day Blinds. Well 2-1/2 years later everyone of the blinds aren't working properly. Called and told them what was happening, and now I was told it's a "LIMITED Lifetime Guarantee". A service person would come out but we had to pre-pay $87.00 in order for them to set up an appointment, which they would notify us in 3 to 5 days for an appointment.

Not only were these blinds way too expensive to begin with, but they sold them to us under false pretenses. There was no such thing as a LIMITED lifetime guarantee when we bought them. If you're considering buying anything from them I would definitely make sure what you hear is the truth, and get it in writing, not in some small contract print after the fact that you already purchased them.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I made a purchase of custom flat shades for my kitchen, dining room, 2 sets of french doors, 1 large shade above french doors in kitchen, one large shade above the three windows in my dining room, 2 shades also mounted above trim in my living room finally 1 blind for a single door in my living room. The cost amounting to almost $6000.00. I called three days after install with issues that needed to be addressed.

The large shade in the dining room over the three windows is not straight, there are no corner returns so the end of the shade especially the ones over the trim show bright white wood instead of material. One of the kitchen blinds had a spot so they order a new one with the wrong cord. The installer put it up left in a hurry with my other shade and I had to take the spotted one back and he ruined that cord. I had a second opinion from BJ Blinds and Drapery's on my issues. She was appalled. My first contact with "Steve **" was about a week after install he sent the installer to my home to take pictures twice and said he sees nothing wrong!! Maybe he should look at them in my home rather than making that decision from his office in California REALLY...

I called again customer care and filed a second complaint and asked that Steve ** not be involved because he's no help! So who calls me Steve **. I told him I really did not want to deal with him. He said he'd pass that on. No calls to help me since. They are not a company that stands by their product. Once they have your money you're dead to them. I blame myself for not reading the other reviews. I'm a senior citizen and live on a fixed income. I saved over two years for my window treatments. SHAME ON THEM!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I ordered roller blinds for my (whole) home. The consultant was lovely but I waited more than one month for word that the shades were ready for my home. Finally, I called the consultant back - they had the wrong telephone number. I asked the consultant to change it. She said she did. Again, I waited. Called her back. No response this time. Called the company. Not customer service friendly at all. Finally got a partial install. The installer reeked of cigarette smoke. Left blinds uninstalled. I called company back. Again, not customer friendly. Second phase install. The texture of the blinds didn't match those that had already been installed. Called customer service. No help. Just open a ticket. Oh, they still had the wrong phone number. Finally got someone to listen, and here comes consultant to help me re-select 7 blinds. Waiting again. 3+ months of this and I'm tired of their snotty, irritable customer service people. Also know that the installation people are a separate company - NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Please, please, consider not making any deals with this company. They are terribly expensive. Their products are not worth thousands of dollars. I was told I didn't have to pay the balance until the installation was all done. They came to install the blinds, and one of the panels was missing pins, the installer left in a rush leaving the panel on the floor without even saying goodbye. The company sent me an email about paying the balance saying that it was due before the installation. I paid it all, and 2 weeks later the job still was not done. Anyone would think that as a courtesy you won't pay a balance until all services are complete. I had to call them numerous times to have them "finish" the order, as of today I am still waiting for someone to call me back. Worse company ever. May as well just throw your money in the garbage. Very expensive and not worth it!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I wish I had done more research on companies, especially 3 Day Blinds, as I have now seen many complaints about the "customer satisfaction" they supposedly guarantee with every mission statement at the bottom of every form and correspondence! I'm appalled they have an A+ rating on the BBB, as this is not reflected on ratings and comments I've seen. I had the usual experience of a very nice and helpful sales rep. Presley ** come to my home, measure and show me choices for venetian window/door blinds for my entire house, contract to sell me such, with a credit card for 1/2 down payment of $3,000 - unbeknownst to me this included an auto charge for the remainder of the blinds upon installation. Never recommend this, as I learned limits your dispute chances w/o great effort on your part to dispute it with your credit card company!

The blinds arrived, installed and the French door blinds had to be moved as they were interfering w/ the doors opening completely, the windows installed on an outside mount, which the sales rep recommended for total darkness in my bedrooms and entertainment room - they have total light leak around all windows. 3 Day Blinds blamed the installers that it was a new/different type of process, therefore not their fault. I was given only the choice of new replacement blinds, at my expense, 30% off and had to do it within 30 days, only after great problems contacting them. As another customer put it, they lost my business after spending over $6,000. Do Not do business with this company. Very poor "customer service".

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I ordered blinds from 3 Day Blinds for my home that I had just remodeled, and the quality of the more expensive blinds was extremely poor. I had pinch pleated blinds put in on my French doors and windows in my living room and the first time I tried to raise them the pull fell apart in my hand. The installer told me to use a little glue on it. The dark "wooden" blinds in my bedrooms were put in backwards. I complained and they sent a different installer that apologized and rehung them properly along with rehanging the French door blinds that were extremely crooked. The only ones that have stood up are the least expensive white ones. All in all I won't buy from them again.

3 Day Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

3 Day Blinds manufactures and sells window shades, blinds, interior shutters and curtains. Consultants come to your home to help you choose the best window treatment and give you a quote based on your needs. The company has consultants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.

• Financing available: 3 Day Blinds offers financing to help you afford the window treatments you want. Financing is based on credit approval, and you can apply online. Qualifying customers can make payments interest-free for up to 12 months.

• In-home consultation: 3 Day Blinds brings their showroom to you with in-home consultations. The consultations are free, and you’ll be given a quote for your home. The company serves 13 states. To find your local consultant, visit 3 Day Blinds’ website.

• Free safety kits: 3 Day Blinds will send you a kit to make your corded blinds or drapes safer for children. Several types of Child Safety Retrofit Kits are available to work with most types of blinds and shades. Anyone can order a kit, not only 3 Day Blinds customers.

• Warranty: All 3 Day Blinds products come with a free limited warranty. Cords and ladders are covered for five years, and fabrics, motors and remote controls are covered for seven years. The operating mechanism is covered for the life of the product, which will vary based on the item you choose.

• Referral bonus: If you refer friends to 3 Day Blinds and they make a purchase from the company, you’ll get a $50 Amazon gift card. You have to use an online form from the company’s website to be eligible for the reward.

• Best for: individuals who want professional help in their home to take measurements and make selections.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

3 Day Blinds Company Information