1.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

78 3 Day Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

3 Day Blinds phone agents lied to me and it’s going to cost me over $2,500 to fix. I've purchased a standard honeycomb shade and three dual-shades from 3 Day Blinds for four windows in my home since May 2016. I recently had the windows in my home replaced. At the beginning of this process, I contacted 3 Day Blinds to inquire about having my blinds' length cut down, per the dimensions on my newly installed and soon-to-be trimmed windows. I was told that for an $85 visit fee and $40 cut fee per shade that my shades could be picked up at my house, cut down, and returned to me.

With the knowledge that my shades could be cut down, I told my contractor not to worry about matching the window opening to my shade length, but to focus on installing the trim to look its best. Now that the work is complete, I contacted 3 Day Blinds to schedule the home visit and trimming of my shades. I was informed that 3 Day Blinds does not trim shades. They were sorry I was misinformed, but that's their policy. There is nothing they can do for me -- except help me order $2,500+ of new shades! Buyer beware in trusting 3 Day Blinds.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Very unhappy how my shades fit my windows. When I ordered them I was not told these shades would not fit my windows properly. They stick out about an inch and a half from my windows. Plus I was told there would be no pulls on them and there was. When I complained, I was told I could order new ones with a 30% discount. I already paid thousands of dollars for the ones I have. This is what happens when you pay for something before it is installed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The total cost for two backdoor window shades, with a promotional discount, came to a little under $600. I expected this. But along with that cost, I expect a certain level of service. The initial appointment was great. The designer was prompt and courteous. He was friendly, offered suggestions, but wasn't pushy. He brought along with him many samples for me to see. I felt good about the first visit. First impressions are important. Well, it's been downhill fast ever since!

3 Day Blinds contracts out their installations, which is fine. But, they should remain integrated in the process more than the level I have seen. Basically, 3 Day Blinds is out of the picture once the order is placed by the customer. This is a huge disappointment, especially when there is an issue with either the installation or the finished product. In my case, there was an issue with both, the installation and the finished product that was delivered to the installer to install. From my experience, there is a huge disconnect between the installation process and 3 Day Blinds.

Before my initial design consultation, I updated 3 Day Blinds with my cell phone because all they had on my file is my work number. I made a point to call 3 Day Blinds and ask them to remove my office number and add my cell. The representative I spoke to seemed efficient, and said she changed the number for me. However, I soon came to realize that something must have gone wrong because the installers only had my office number to reach me. How or why, I have no idea. But, it caused many problems during the installation phase.

Once my finished product was shipped, I received an auto generated email from 3 Day Blinds advising me of the shipment. Once received by the installers, I am supposed to receive a call from the installer to schedule my installation. I never received a call. So, I called the installer number that is listed in the shipment email notification from 3 Day Blinds. I scheduled my own installation appointment with the installer directly, and was told by the installer that I would receive an installation appointment confirmation email, and that the installer will call me about 30 minutes before his arrival since the appointment time is a block window of time. I reiterated to the installation company to be sure to call my cell phone, and once again gave it to them. I even asked the rep to repeat it back to me.

On the day of the installation (SATURDAY), I was home waiting…and waiting. I never received a call from the installer. I called the installation company 1-hr after my appointment time had passed to inquire about the status of the installer. I left a message on their voicemail to advise that the installer never showed up and never called me. I called back again on Monday morning about the installer missing the appointment, and left another message detailing out the situation, and once again leaving my cell number. I never received a call back.

I called again on Tuesday morning, this time, someone answered the phone. It was the same woman with whom I had spoken the week before when the installation appointment was scheduled. She was very nice and apologized, and then told me they had been calling my office number. I asked her WHY, considering I had changed the number on file, and always left my cell in the 3 voicemail messages I had left with the installation company. Her response was, “You will need to call 3 Day Blinds to correct it.” I had already corrected it before the initial consultation! I had also always given the installation company MY CORRECT CONTACT NUMBER. So, evidently because the installer supposedly called my office number and did not reach me on the day of the installation, DESPITE THEM EMAILING ME A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, the installer did not fulfill the installation appointment.

What a ridiculous waste of time! I scheduled yet another installation appointment with the installation company. Once again, I reiterated to the installation company that my office number is not where I can be reached. My installation appointment was scheduled for 5 days after my first installation appointment, 12 days after I placed the order with the designer. The installer had a window of 3-5pm for my installation. He did not arrive until 6:30pm. The installer was very nice. He installed the two shades, and even pointed out to me that both of the shades were made incorrectly. The roll direction was not what I ordered. So, he said he would get in touch with 3 Day Blinds, advise them of the error in the roll direction, place a replacement order, and that the installation company would call me to schedule the re-installation once they receive the replacement shades.

It’s now been 3 weeks since I placed the order and I STILL do not have the shades I ordered! “THREE DAY” Blinds, not accurate! I received a “courtesy care” email and phone call (left me a voicemail) from 3 Day Blinds asking about my experience. Via phone and email, I expressed my discontent at the level of service and lack of competence I’ve received in the handling of my order by 3 Day Blinds and their installation. The response, which I received 2 days later expressed no apologies for any part of my complaint. I will NEVER use 3 Day Blinds again. There are other companies who have the same products, for the same prices, but have better reviews.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I am completely unsatisfied with this unsafe product and I told the installer right away at my home and he reviewed the product to not fit the sides of the inside window sill. I told him to take back and he said he would write a note. I called right away and was told she, Ramona at Customer Service said she would review. It is terrible product that does not fit within the window and I have been told it is normal and you can see within each side into my home. I asked for my money back and she said she would not refund me. I asked about their motto of highest customer service and she said that they cannot refund. This is uncalled for. This was one blind for $630.00. I do not want a new blind, I want my money returned.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

So this is our second time around with 3 Day Blinds. I figured our first disappointing experience with them had to be an anomaly so chose to try doing business with them again. We needed blinds for five floor to ceiling windows. The consultant comes out and measures the windows. Husband tells her at least four times about our last experience with missing spacers for the blinds and she assures him the spacers will be shipped with the blinds. An appointment is set five days later and the installer comes out (initially an hour early - we weren't home so he left and did not plan on coming back, coming back only because the company insisted he come back) only to find there are no spacers so he cannot hang the blinds.

Installation appointment #2 is set and they show up with spacers but not the right type of screw to hang the blinds. During this time we are living with glare in the house during the day and a sense of living in a glass house at night. Installation appointment #3 is set and he comes out and can only hang four out of the five blinds because yet again he doesn't have all the proper equipment with which to hang the blinds. Installation appointment #4 is set and he comes out and gets the fifth blind hung but cannot correct gaps in the valance so it is decided to recut the valance and place a keystone in the center to hide the gap where the two boards come together.

Installation #5 appointment is set and he comes out and hangs the new valance and places the keystone, which is off center. Three months have now passed since they came out, insisted on full payment up front and cashed the check while the ink was still wet. How they stay in business is beyond me. We won't be using them again - ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3 Day Blinds?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

This is the worse experience I had in my life. The installers were classless and unprofessional, they look like homeless people and drug addicts. They don't even use good language, I wonder how can your company have this kind of useless people! They didn't wear shoe cover and bring all the dirt from outside to my living room, they kept the frame and panels on my sofa sets and ripped it off, bought 7 windows, installed 6, and one they broke. Out of the 6, one was damaged and another one was not aligned since it was not measured properly. They will have to remove this 2 and put it back again.

Now pls ask them to come and measure the one that was not aligned with the other windows? My living room looks so ugly now, I have my son's birthday party on 9th and around 20 families will come. This is going to be embarrassing! This is so bad man! Above all, I wonder why this person does not know how to use the restroom??? One of the installers used the restroom and they didn't flush the toilet, there was poop on the toilet and on the floor, when I asked them about this they started arguing with me.

I called your office and spoke with one supervisor named Joseph, while I was on the phone I asked this guy that you have to clean my toilet before leaving and the guy who messed up the toilet cleaned all the poop. This is just ridiculous Corey, and I am serious about this. I will never ever recommend you guys to anyone and also will try my best to depromote you guys by all the means I have. How can these installers be this rude? I just kicked them out of my home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I wish I had read all these reviews before I contacted and contracted with 3 Day Blinds. The honeycomb shades did not fit, did not cover the windows and provide privacy and light filtering which were my two criteria. 3 Day Blinds wouldn't refund my money because they said they were "custom made." Really? If they were customized why didn't they fit? Then they overcharged me for a product I was looking at before the honeycombs. I did not realize that. Oh yes, 3 Day Blinds wants to access your credit card and take monies out. I advised 4 days ago not to do this anymore, and they are trying to do it again today. It has taken me two months to be able to find something that will fit my French doors. However, the product is not produced by 3 Day Blinds which is a good thing, because maybe they'll fit.

Anyway, the Hunter Douglas vertical honeycomb which is the only thing that will work on my door, but which no one ever even suggested, is more expensive and 3 Day will not compensate me for my time, inconvenience, being overcharged, lack of privacy and security. The "case manager" I dealt with at Home Office wrote and told me "You never requested compensation," to which I replied, "it should have been offered by you." Her response was that when everything is complete (my having paid for all their rip off products) that she would "consider" compensation. Linna is her name and she represents the quality of their products to a tee -- need I say more. I asked Linna to have one of her supervisors contact me immediately. Crickets, as I have heard nothing.

If anyone is interested in doing a Class Action suit against 3 Day Blinds, let me know. This is absolutely ridiculous and these people need to be held accountable. It is not right to treat clients this way. If it weren't for customers they would not be in business. We pay for their salaries!!! I can stand outside my bedroom window and look straight in and see my bed. I have been barricading boxes around my bed for over two months so I will feel safe. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE; YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I already have cordless blinds from 3Day Blinds before. Then I ordered more for the rest of the rooms, but blinds WITH CORDS was placed for my order. Now that everything was paid for & several messages were left from their rep. nobody's returning my call, this is very frustrating. What a customer service!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: June 1, 2017

Has to be one of the worst customer service I've ever come across... but oh so nice until after the order was placed, paid for, then installed. Once that was all completed, they didn't give a ** about us. Ordered 4 custom blinds for my condo that cost around $2400.00. Was told when I ordered them that it was "Lifetime Guaranteed" that if they didn't work properly or parts were needed they would be replaced. One of the main reasons that we decided to buy the blinds from 3 Day Blinds. Well 2-1/2 years later everyone of the blinds aren't working properly. Called and told them what was happening, and now I was told it's a "LIMITED Lifetime Guarantee". A service person would come out but we had to pre-pay $87.00 in order for them to set up an appointment, which they would notify us in 3 to 5 days for an appointment.

Not only were these blinds way too expensive to begin with, but they sold them to us under false pretenses. There was no such thing as a LIMITED lifetime guarantee when we bought them. If you're considering buying anything from them I would definitely make sure what you hear is the truth, and get it in writing, not in some small contract print after the fact that you already purchased them.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I made a purchase of custom flat shades for my kitchen, dining room, 2 sets of french doors, 1 large shade above french doors in kitchen, one large shade above the three windows in my dining room, 2 shades also mounted above trim in my living room finally 1 blind for a single door in my living room. The cost amounting to almost $6000.00. I called three days after install with issues that needed to be addressed.

The large shade in the dining room over the three windows is not straight, there are no corner returns so the end of the shade especially the ones over the trim show bright white wood instead of material. One of the kitchen blinds had a spot so they order a new one with the wrong cord. The installer put it up left in a hurry with my other shade and I had to take the spotted one back and he ruined that cord. I had a second opinion from BJ Blinds and Drapery's on my issues. She was appalled. My first contact with "Steve **" was about a week after install he sent the installer to my home to take pictures twice and said he sees nothing wrong!! Maybe he should look at them in my home rather than making that decision from his office in California REALLY...

I called again customer care and filed a second complaint and asked that Steve ** not be involved because he's no help! So who calls me Steve **. I told him I really did not want to deal with him. He said he'd pass that on. No calls to help me since. They are not a company that stands by their product. Once they have your money you're dead to them. I blame myself for not reading the other reviews. I'm a senior citizen and live on a fixed income. I saved over two years for my window treatments. SHAME ON THEM!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I ordered roller blinds for my (whole) home. The consultant was lovely but I waited more than one month for word that the shades were ready for my home. Finally, I called the consultant back - they had the wrong telephone number. I asked the consultant to change it. She said she did. Again, I waited. Called her back. No response this time. Called the company. Not customer service friendly at all. Finally got a partial install. The installer reeked of cigarette smoke. Left blinds uninstalled. I called company back. Again, not customer friendly. Second phase install. The texture of the blinds didn't match those that had already been installed. Called customer service. No help. Just open a ticket. Oh, they still had the wrong phone number. Finally got someone to listen, and here comes consultant to help me re-select 7 blinds. Waiting again. 3+ months of this and I'm tired of their snotty, irritable customer service people. Also know that the installation people are a separate company - NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Please, please, consider not making any deals with this company. They are terribly expensive. Their products are not worth thousands of dollars. I was told I didn't have to pay the balance until the installation was all done. They came to install the blinds, and one of the panels was missing pins, the installer left in a rush leaving the panel on the floor without even saying goodbye. The company sent me an email about paying the balance saying that it was due before the installation. I paid it all, and 2 weeks later the job still was not done. Anyone would think that as a courtesy you won't pay a balance until all services are complete. I had to call them numerous times to have them "finish" the order, as of today I am still waiting for someone to call me back. Worse company ever. May as well just throw your money in the garbage. Very expensive and not worth it!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I wish I had done more research on companies, especially 3 Day Blinds, as I have now seen many complaints about the "customer satisfaction" they supposedly guarantee with every mission statement at the bottom of every form and correspondence! I'm appalled they have an A+ rating on the BBB, as this is not reflected on ratings and comments I've seen. I had the usual experience of a very nice and helpful sales rep. Presley ** come to my home, measure and show me choices for venetian window/door blinds for my entire house, contract to sell me such, with a credit card for 1/2 down payment of $3,000 - unbeknownst to me this included an auto charge for the remainder of the blinds upon installation. Never recommend this, as I learned limits your dispute chances w/o great effort on your part to dispute it with your credit card company!

The blinds arrived, installed and the French door blinds had to be moved as they were interfering w/ the doors opening completely, the windows installed on an outside mount, which the sales rep recommended for total darkness in my bedrooms and entertainment room - they have total light leak around all windows. 3 Day Blinds blamed the installers that it was a new/different type of process, therefore not their fault. I was given only the choice of new replacement blinds, at my expense, 30% off and had to do it within 30 days, only after great problems contacting them. As another customer put it, they lost my business after spending over $6,000. Do Not do business with this company. Very poor "customer service".

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I ordered blinds from 3 Day Blinds for my home that I had just remodeled, and the quality of the more expensive blinds was extremely poor. I had pinch pleated blinds put in on my French doors and windows in my living room and the first time I tried to raise them the pull fell apart in my hand. The installer told me to use a little glue on it. The dark "wooden" blinds in my bedrooms were put in backwards. I complained and they sent a different installer that apologized and rehung them properly along with rehanging the French door blinds that were extremely crooked. The only ones that have stood up are the least expensive white ones. All in all I won't buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I placed an order to provide window coverings for my entire home. The total came to $4000. Everything seemed to be running smoothly, the sales person was fine and they were completed in a timely manner. Upon installation, I noticed some imperfections with the vertical blinds I got for our sliding door. I had ordered the fabric covered slats. I'm not a fan of vertical blinds, but that was the only affordable option. Within a week it was apparent that these blinds were cheap and not going to hold up for any amount of time. They were uneven on the bottom and the slats were starting to break from the holder on top.

I called customer service and was told they could replace them. I asked why I would want to replace a cheap and defective product with what would most likely be another cheap and defective product. I wanted my money back. This individual refused to offer a refund and became rude. I asked to speak to his supervisor and as told someone would call me back. After a couple days, I called them and finally spoke with someone who assured me that I would receive a refund. Which I did. Finally. Will never use 3 Day Blinds again. The product is cheap and poorly made. Like most things these days.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I allowed a salesperson to enter my home, show me options, products. She measured my windows, had me pick out options. She pressured me into using my credit card. I did not feel comfortable doing so. Being a widow and on a limited budget I thought it would work out. I did not check any boxes, nor did I authorize for 3 Day Blinds to charge my credit card again. They did anyway. I have never received a thing in the mail, stating they would be charging my credit card for the balance. The paperwork I received clearly stated that I did owe the balance until the product was installed. The sales consultant arrived at my home on 9/28/2016. As of this date, 12/8/2016 the 3 Day Blinds company took all my money, I have no blinds!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

When our shutters were installed they had defects. They offered to replace one of several that had defects even after sending their factory rep out to confirm the problem. They want us to pay for new shutters instead. After weeks of talking in circles with people who say they want to help we're nowhere close to resolution and extremely dissatisfied and frustrated. Do NOT do business with this company. This is not a local rep issue. She was great. This is a systemic corporate issue. These are the worst kind of people to work with and you will regret spending your money on them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I met with the sales rep and placed the order. My card was charged and I was given a delivery date and install date. Then she went silent. Three weeks later I tried to contact her but only got her voicemail. She didn't return calls or respond to email. I contacted Corporate and they informed me that my order was "on hold" because the Rep never finalized the order. They took it off hold. Two weeks later I was notified that the installer would be available. We set a date and it went without a hitch, yet I was still missing two blinds. As I dug into the details of the missing blinds, I learned that they had double-charge my card for these two items. They reversed the charge and promised a delivery date for 4-weeks later. Here I am six weeks later and it's still silence from 3 Day Blinds. The status on their website says the blinds are still being manufactured.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

They were 4 weeks late installing. They put the remainder of the payment on my card without even a phone call. When I called to ask them to put the final payment on a different card they said that they could not do that because they couldn't issue a credit to the original card. Are you kidding me! Some of the wood blinds were suppose to be textured but after the order we were told that they don't make those anymore... hummm. This was the second time that we used this company. Now they have lost our business after spending over $6000.00 with them...

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I recently purchased a new home and wanted to get blinds for the master bedroom. This is particularly important to me as I suffer from chronic migraines and light bothers when I have an attack, so I need to have a very dark room. I wanted to get blackout shades for all the windows, especially the skylight which is directly above the bed.

I called and made an appointment with a consultant, Deborah **. I met with her on Monday August 22. I explained my situation and she helped me pick out the best blinds for keeping my room as dark as possible. She explained that it would be a few weeks to get the blinds in and installed as they were a custom order and I wasn’t paying for express shipping. This was okay with me, since I wasn’t moving in to the new home for several weeks anyway. That day, my credit card was charged for the 4 blinds that I ordered. I asked Ms. ** to email me the invoice/receipt instead of printing out a hard copy. She never did so (to this day I have never gotten any kind of invoice or receipt).

A few days later I got a call from the installation company to come measure the skylight. The installer came and had to go up on an extension ladder to measure the window. Several weeks later, I had heard nothing from 3 Day Blinds or Ms. **, so I emailed customer service inquiring when I could expect my order to be ready. After this, I had brief contact with Ms. ** who claimed that she failed to put my order through because the measurement of the skylight was smaller than the original order, so she needed to refund me money, and could not place the order until she did that (not true it turns out), and that she had been away for two weeks and was sick. At this point I called in to Customer Service and complained about the issue. I spoke with a gentleman named Wendall. He also said that he could see no order, provided me with a case number and said that a case manager would contact me within 24 hours.

Two days later, I had heard nothing. So I called back. I did not get the name of the person I spoke with but she basically said that “everyone is so busy here that the best way to reach your case manager is email.” She gave me his name and email and I sent him an email on 9/29. Again, I got no response. I called back on 10/3 and spoke with a very nice woman (again I did not get her name). She apologized and said I “was on a list” to get a call that day. She promised to call me back herself the next day to make sure that I had been called and she did so (she is the only person who followed through during this whole fiasco).

I did finally hear from Joseph **. He said that my order was being “expedited” but that he couldn’t give me a ship date, but I would be contacted when it did ship. I asked him if he received my email of the 9/29 and he stated he did, but that he was “too busy” to respond. I got an email from Mr. ** on 10/5 saying my order would be delivered to the installer on 10/10 (a Monday) and they would call me to schedule. On Thursday 10/13, I emailed him because I had not heard anything from the installer (why do I have to do this?). They finally got in touch with me and scheduled the install for Tuesday 10/18.

On Tuesday, the installer shows up, but the work order, which according to the installer comes directly from 3 Day Blinds, did not specify that one of the windows was a skylight, so the installer did not have the appropriate ladder. They rescheduled the skylight install for 10/20. On 10/20, an installer showed up, but was hesitant to go up on the ladder alone, so he refused to do the install. The first date they could reschedule for a two person team was 10/27. To recap: my 3 Day Blinds have now taken 60+ days for installation.

The consultant failed to submit my order, and that was ONLY caught because I called to check on it. I have never gotten any paperwork/invoice/receipt from 3 Day Blinds for this order. I have been repeatedly ignored, the only contact made over this issue has been ME calling THE COMPANY. Once the huge error of not placing my order was discovered, someone should have been in touch with me on an almost DAILY basis keeping me informed of progress. Instead, I had to continue to call for updates.

A HUGE miscommunication with your installation company resulted in me having to wait an additional 2 weeks for my blinds. There is simply no reason that the installers should not have known that the skylight was situated as it is. First, Ms. ** viewed the skylight and should have made a note of its height. Second, there was someone from the installation company here, on a ladder measuring that skylight. Third, the first installer also saw the skylight and could have communicated its situation to the company.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The Salesman, aka Design Consultant, came to our house an hour late. The scheduler said 5. The Design Consultant claims it was supposed to be a window of 5-6. We specified we wanted pull down roller shades, no cords. We went through his book and selected pattern and color. Our dinner guests arrived so the Design Consultant gave us a price and said he would email a copy of the order. Which he did and which we looked at price to confirm it was as he indicated. When installer came to install the blinds they had cords and could not be installed on our sliding glass french doors. 3 Day said we were wrong and were sending their "expert" to install. Expert came and said these blinds CANNOT be installed because they have cords. 3 Day Blinds said the pattern we chose ONLY comes with cords and we ordered them and they will not give us a refund.

In the interim we have called and emailed half a dozen times with no response from Design Consultant or Agatha the customer care representative. Yesterday I called one last time saying I was called our bank card dispute center if I did not hear back. I received an email this morning saying they would refund the $125.00 installation charge. I have now contacted the Bank of America Dispute center and we will see where this goes. This company and their people are terrible.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

After my roller shades were ordered by the sales person, the measuring in the depth of the window was not done correctly. When installer Ray came out to install 2 power roller shades, one of them did not work and had to be reordered. 2 of my other roller shades were cut too short and he said they would be reordered, and the valances did not fit the 2 of the 7 windows, and he said those would be reordered. He was supposed to reorder the 2 shades that were cut too short and reorder the valances as well and reorder the new power shade that wasn't working. The power shade came about 3 weeks later and now I could not get both shades to work on one remote. I never got the two rollers shades that were cut too short because he never actually reordered them. So he had to come out again to remeasure those and the 2 valances that were done wrong.

So I got a call they are coming to install everything that was ordered a couple of days ago. Two days ago I was waiting diligently for them to come install all the reorder stuff, and he said he rang the doorbell and there was no answer. Two people here and nobody heard a knock on the door OR the doorbell? I was going to the window constantly to see if they were here yet. He took a picture of the house from the outside and is using that as proof that he was at my door, but I swear with two people here, nobody rang the bell or knocked on the door. He said he called the house, and I had a call while I was in the bathroom. By the time I got to it he was not there and he left no message.

So this guy has a record of calling me but never left a message, and said I never answered the door. This guy should be fired. He is playing games. He never turned in the reorder in the first place and got it wrong twice, it went into space once. Then he came back twice and it has been since June and now we are almost in November, and I can't get this company to get everything straight and finish this job. I will never ever order from this company again. I am completely livid!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I'm beyond frustrated with the way 3 Day Blinds has handled my case, as a customer. I contacted this company back in July 2016 to install blinds for my kitchen, front entry and French doors. Here we are mid October now, and the task has yet to be completed. I've spent countless hours on the phone, leaving messages, emailing back and forth, and being available for 3 installers and 2 salespeople to show up at my home for this job to STILL not be done.

I found out my salesperson quit shortly after he helped placed my order to top it off. He was new to begin with. He put in the wrong order, with wrong texture, wrong measurements and told me my having Mondays off as the ONLY day for install would be "no problem". Wrong! Everything has been a problem. Then I was told ALL would finally be corrected with a credit of about $300 back to my credit card (not even the full amount). The new sales rep tried contacting someone to help her while at my home, without luck. No one answers, not even for her! This is horrible business, terrible customer service and honestly I'm surprised this company is still in business. I would never recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Do NOT believe salesperson who will tell you that you have 3 days to rescind order. Company did not let me rescind order even when saleswoman admitted it was within the 3 day window. Corporate will NEVER let you change your mind.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

We ordered a set of blinds for a customer 5/31/16 which had an estimated install date of 8/15/16. We understood that it was a custom order, so the wait isn't the main problem here. As 3 Day Blinds farms out installers, it is very hard to get a hold of your actual installer. On top of that, 3 Day Blinds was unable to verify where they shipped the blinds- to the customer? to us? to themselves? or to the installer??? Now they can't find our order and hint it may need to be reordered!!! NOOO!!! Please don't make us wait another 3 months for this ONE ITEM!!! Because of the amount of people that end up being involved in their ordering and installation process- it ends up being very aggravating as the consumer. Paying more money to go with ANY other company would have been a better option than all of this madness.. AAAGGGHH!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

When we received the flyer and coupon for 3 Day Blinds, we were excited. We had seen so many great window treatments from this company on all the decorating shows. Did not know the blinds do not come in 3 days unless you pay an up charge. We think this is false advertising. The sales rep seemed very knowledgeable, although, when the blinds arrived, the set for the french doors were too wide. The wood slats were warped in the kitchen and some of the order was missing.

The first installer was great and knew what he was doing. The second installer was not consistent at all. He installed all the top pieces that were missing from the original order and they all had to be redone until they fit properly. We have had the warped lightless wood slats reordered and shipped 3 times now and are awaiting the 4th shipment because they keep sending the wrong type. After speaking and emailing someone in California several times, they finally gave us a refund for the blinds on the french doors. The installer was to come to take those blinds down, but the company never scheduled the visit. We finally took them down ourselves. On the installers most recent return, he was to install the new slats to replace the warped ones and take back the blinds from the french doors. He said he had no orders to do that and he would not take them.

I called the person in California again and she said she would reorder the blind slats that were incorrect. She stated that is was clearly on the order that the installer was to remove the blinds we had taken down. I have asked that the installer not come back to the house since he is not following directions. We shall see if this ever gets resolved. I did receive a refund for the incorrect blinds, but I will not recommend nor use this company ever again. It has scared us off from any company sending fliers and coupons. We now feel if you have to advertise that much, you probably do not have repeat business! Never again!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Where do I begin, this is the worst company ever!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE! I wish I never let the sales person in (Ketty **), who has never bother to call me, terrible customer service. In reading some of the reviews, I see that I'm not alone with my complaint. I wish I would have read the reviews, but believe it or not I'm a repeat customer (not anymore).

I place an order for two blinds on June 11, 2016, and it's now August 18 and I'm still waiting for one blind to be installed. 3 day blinds are full of excuses, their customer service is terrible, and no one ever calls you back to provide any updates although they promise to call. So, I called again and was told that I have to wait until maybe Sept 1st, if I'm lucky and the blinds arrives with no damage, UNBELIEVABLE. If you don't know, 3 day Blinds does not allow for refunds which is why I'm stuck with them. I requested a refund back on July 7th when I first encounter the issue.... Sorry to say I'm still waiting for this nightmare to be over. I will make sure to let everyone know my opinion for the next few years. Hopefully when all this is completed and installed... maybe I'll get a call from 3 day blinds with some compensation offer but, I won't hold my breath.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I spent over $800 on a blind...The three-day blind concept was lost on me as I waited over one month for the blind to be ready. I was told there was a 3 week back-order after I placed my order. When they finally came in, I took the day off work and my install was scheduled from 1-3. He never came, although he did call and say he was running behind. Then he called again and said he wouldn't be there until 6:30. Then he called a third time and said the traffic was bad and he couldn't make it. I had to reschedule another day for the install. When he came, the blind was completely damaged! They had to re-order it.

After another week of waiting, when the blind came in it took another two weeks to schedule that install. When I called Customer Service to complain I got the run around. I had to call multiple times, and the person I spoke with, Yesennia, said she was the only person who could help and was very dismissive. She said they did me favor by expediting the re-order of the blinds. They offered 1/2 off the installation fee b/c they said it was eventually installed and that they didn't have to compensate anything if they didn't want to. I am 40 years old and a working mom of four kids. I went through them with the hopes of a quick and easy process, and have never written a complaint about a company before, but wanted to forewarn anyone who thought they might pay a little extra to get a good quality blind easily installed. Their name is misleading and I cannot recommend them. Very dissatisfied!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I ordered 2 blinds, received them and they were not what the rep told me they would be. I called to get a refund and they do not do refunds. I was able to talk with Jay ** who finally agreed to see if a refund was possible or send a new rep out to discuss replacing what I received. That was over 3 weeks ago. Jay ** never has returned my call. I have called numerous times and still no response. I would NOT recommend this company. I am stuck with blinds that I don't want. Very unprofessional at all levels.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

6 weeks ago $900 blind ordered for our kitchen. Installer destroyed the blind. He was totally unprofessional e.g. walking in his shoes on the kitchen counter, complaining about his company etc. 3 day reordered the blind and installation. Still not correctly installed. The installation company scheduled a follow-up. However the first installer showed up again despite our being told he was fired. Another appointment was scheduled between 3:00 and 5:00 for today. We got a call from the installation company and 4:45. They haven't known where their installer was all day. We are out $900 and 4 afternoons of having to reschedule our lives.

3 Day Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

3 Day Blinds manufactures and sells window shades, blinds, interior shutters and curtains. Consultants come to your home to help you choose the best window treatment and give you a quote based on your needs. The company has consultants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.

• Financing available: 3 Day Blinds offers financing to help you afford the window treatments you want. Financing is based on credit approval, and you can apply online. Qualifying customers can make payments interest-free for up to 12 months.

• In-home consultation: 3 Day Blinds brings their showroom to you with in-home consultations. The consultations are free, and you’ll be given a quote for your home. The company serves 13 states. To find your local consultant, visit 3 Day Blinds’ website.

• Free safety kits: 3 Day Blinds will send you a kit to make your corded blinds or drapes safer for children. Several types of Child Safety Retrofit Kits are available to work with most types of blinds and shades. Anyone can order a kit, not only 3 Day Blinds customers.

• Warranty: All 3 Day Blinds products come with a free limited warranty. Cords and ladders are covered for five years, and fabrics, motors and remote controls are covered for seven years. The operating mechanism is covered for the life of the product, which will vary based on the item you choose.

• Referral bonus: If you refer friends to 3 Day Blinds and they make a purchase from the company, you’ll get a $50 Amazon gift card. You have to use an online form from the company’s website to be eligible for the reward.

• Best for: individuals who want professional help in their home to take measurements and make selections.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

3 Day Blinds Company Information