4.6/5 (447 ratings)

About 3 Day Blinds

3 Day Blinds is a custom window treatment manufacturer, designer and installer. The company can custom-create blinds, shades, shutters and drapes to provide you with the window coverings for your style and light preferences. Its products are available in most of the United States, and the company has professional measuring and installation services in most areas. It offers free consultations to learn more about styles, pricing and custom options.

Pros

• Fast custom fabrication
  • Variety of options
  • Full-service window treatments

Cons

• Nontransferable warranty
  • Consultation required for pricing

Bottom Line

3 Day Blinds is a custom window treatment manufacturer and installer that sells blinds, shades, drapes and shutters. It offers free consultations with a design specialist who can provide samples and take measurements.

Top 3 Day Blinds Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like the blinds and quality-wise, the shades are 100%. I was very satisfied with the cost too. I recommend friends to really go with 3 Day Blinds because they're reasonable and ...

Verified

We used 3 Day Blinds before for one of our other rooms. This recent time, we got regular blinds. The lady that came out to measure was great, and the installer was good. The insta...

What is 3 Day Blinds?

3 Day Blinds is a window treatment company that offers its own manufactured products and window treatments from major brands like Hunter Douglas. You can choose from faux wood, cellular, mini, vertical, vinyl and wood blinds.

Shades are available in cellular, pleated, roller, Roman, simply sheer, soft Roman and woven-wood styles. Shutters and drapes are available in a variety of patterns, colors and materials to provide you with a truly custom window treatment.

3 Day Blinds installation

During your initial consultation, a 3 Day Blinds representative measures your windows to prepare for installation. The blinds or window treatment can be custom fabricated within three days, after which the company’s professional installers take care of the rest.

If you’re completing the installation on your own, 3 Day Blinds provides installation instructions for most common styles and sizes of window treatments. It also offers cleaning guides, operation instructions and other care instructions on its website.

3 Day Blinds cost

The cost of your window treatment varies based on the style of covering as well as the materials, size and optional upgrades. Design consultations are free, and your sales professional will show you samples, take measurements and provide a same-day price quote.

These consultations can be completed in your home, which lets you discuss options and compare samples in your own space. Financing is available for qualified applicants, and you can discuss your options with your design consultant. All purchases include a limited lifetime warranty that is nontransferable.

3 Day Blinds FAQ

Does 3 Day Blinds carry Hunter Douglas?
3 Day Blinds is a preferred Hunter Douglas dealer, and it carries many of its window treatments. Hunter Douglas acquired 3 Day Blinds in 2019.
Does 3 Day Blinds do installation?
3 Day Blinds handles every part of the window treatment process, including designing, measuring and installing. It also provides installation instructions for those who prefer a DIY approach.
Where does 3 Day Blinds ship from?
If 3 Day Blinds is manufacturing your window treatment, your order is shipped from its production facility. Products from other manufacturers may be shipped from various locations.
What kinds of window treatments does 3 Day Blinds offer?
3 Day Blinds offers blinds, shutters, shades and drapes. These window treatments can be automated, motorized and customized to your home.

Is 3 Day Blinds good?

3 Day Blinds is a legitimate, full-service window treatment company that designs and installs a variety of options for customers across the country. Its products can be fully customized to your home, but there’s little upfront pricing transparency as a result. Schedule a design consultation to learn more about your options, see samples and request pricing.

3 Day Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3 Day Blinds?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

3 Day Blinds got back to me quickly and the quality of the presentation as well as the professionalism of the sales lady, Pam, was good. She made an appointment with me and she was on time and brought good stuff in. She was tastefully dressed and not some hack salesperson. I wasn't sure what I wanted but she had good suggestions. She did measurements and knew what she was talking about as far as installation. The window trim that my carpenters put in is graduated so it wasn't a straightforward installation. It was a little bit complex and she saw that right away. I wouldn't have noticed that at all. She gave me the options of doing the blinds totally inside the window on the trim or putting it partway in and it'll poke partway out. So we decided to go for the half in half out because I didn't want it outside on my window trim.

The installation team was one guy named Dave and he was good. Pam let me know that I was gonna get called by Dave when everything's ready. I have a crazy schedule so I can't come in the middle of the day and let him in. I had to work with my husband's schedule as well as Dave’s but it went fine. He came in and there was no mess. It was like he hadn't even been there except that I had these great blinds in my windows.

The blackout blinds were more expensive and I asked if my guest room needed blackout blinds. But I changed my mind and said that we would do the blackout blinds. Some of the things she suggested cost her money and commissions so she wasn't in it for the money. She was in it to help me have what I wanted in my house, which was nice. Then, I had one valance that wasn't ready when the rest of it was ready so the installer had to come twice. But she told me that. The only place I was disappointed in was the color of the valance that I picked. The sample that she had was a great color but the actual valance was a more muted color than I wanted. It was a little beiger than I thought I was gonna have. The colors didn't match up with what I thought I was getting. But I was very satisfied and all was good with 3 Day Blinds.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you for sharing your experience with 3 Day Blinds! We are truly happy that you chose to work with us.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I needed someone to come out and help me find something different that I could clean because my blinds were way too wide. They were four feet wide, and there was no way to take them down and clean them. So, after so many years, it was like, "I can't stand it anymore." I had gotten the blinds before through Next Day Blinds, and I found out it changed to 3 Day Blinds. I reached out to them and got a great rep. As a matter of fact, it was the same person that was here with Next Day Blinds, Jo. She showed me the roller shades that are mechanized. I told her I like those. I just had a little bit of issues. One, the charger wasn't working, and had issues with the set-up. The installers tried changing the charger device. They were here a couple of times for the same blind.

The installer finally replaced it the last time he was here. Every time I asked, "this is how I want my "scene" set up at this time and which shade, they'd go, "Okay, you're all set. You're all set." But they wouldn't work. They'd go up and would stay up. The installer was here Saturday. So, Sunday, I went online. Unfortunately for us, it's easier to have a printout of the instructions, which they don't have. Everything is YouTube video.

I was gonna send Jo a note and tell her to let the installers and whoever comes out, "The deal with the scenes is you need a new scene for every function." I wanted these four particular blinds to go up at 7:00am and close at 10:30am. That's to have light for the plants for a few hours, and then I wanted to block the sun and the heat. When I watched the video, I said, "Let me try this," and they've worked great. What it is is you have to have a scene telling them what to do and how much for 7:00am, and then you need another scene to tell them what to do at 10:30am and how much. So, once I saw the video and I did it, it worked. I was proud of myself I figured that out. I have no issues with the blinds themselves. They're great. It was just trying to get the program straight.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: May 1, 2021

I purchased through Next Day Blinds several years ago. I got plantation shutters from them for my living room, and I've always loved them. I wanted to get them for my bedroom. When I tried to find them, they said that they were no longer in business and that 3 Day Blinds had taken over. I contacted 3 Day Blinds and had a design consultant come over. It was wonderful when she was here at the house. However, I ordered my blinds on December 22nd, and I didn't get them until April. That is unacceptable, as far as I'm concerned. I almost thought about calling to cancel. But in the meantime, I had called her when it was in March and I had not heard one word since December from them.

I left a message on her voicemail. A couple of days later, I called her again and I said, "Can you tell me the status of the shutters? Are they on the way? 'Cause the contract said no later than March the 10th." She said, "Well, I'll check into it." Then it took her two days to call me back. When she did, she said they were coming. The parts have to be shipped. I've owned my own business for 28 years, so I know what good customer service is and I know that sometimes, if you stand on your head, you can't satisfy people. So, I try to be very understanding. But the consultant should have followed up with me instead of me having to follow up with her. I called her back again after that and said "They're still not here. Have you heard anything?" She said, "Let me check." She called right back and she said, "Oh, yeah, they're here now."

Then, she said that someone would call me for an appointment, and they did. They were very prompt at doing that. The gentleman that came out and put them up was wonderful. He was very professional, friendly and did a fantastic job. I'm glad I didn't cancel it because I'm very happy with the product. They're beautiful. I just can't understand why it took from December to April to get them. I would definitely recommend them because I love the blinds. But I would tell others they have to be very patient because it's a long process.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for choosing 3 Day Blinds. Our team appreciates the time spent working together on your window treatments.

Original review: April 19, 2021

We got the full wood blinds and wood shutters from 3 Day Blinds. We recently had all of our windows replaced. The blinds that we previously had installed no longer fit. They were made to be an inside mount, and the inside mount no longer fit. So, we had to have them all replaced with outside mounts. On the first go around, we were kind of disappointed. The product that came back wasn't exactly what we expected. On the box that goes up above the head rail, my husband immediately noticed gapping in the corners.

The sales consultant that we've been working with, Chad, was a pleasure to work with, he's incredibly professional, and I felt really bad about calling and saying, “Hey, we're just not happy with what the result was of the install.” He was eager to help us that it's made all the difference. I really have to commend him because he's been absolutely wonderful. We enjoy being around him. He came back out. He was here yesterday. He took down our head rails, and he realized that when they were put together, they weren't glued, which is why they were all gapping. He was like, “I have to put together my own head rail samples.” He showed us his samples and said, “This is how they're put together.” They're put together and then they're sealed with some sort of sealant. He was like, “None of your head rails were glued, which is why they all look like this.” It was really reassuring that he took the time to investigate the problem.

A technician came out before he came back out. The technician didn't go to the detail that Chad did. We have been really pleased with Chad. We have two separate windows that are kind of like connected. We didn't realize that there was no gap in between the blinds that we were ordering. That wasn't what we expected because we wanted them to kind of be duplicates of what we previously had. Chad came out, and he didn't make us feel bad at all. He remeasured everything and made sure we were 1,000% happy with what we ended up coming up with.

Due to the problems we had and the way it's been resolved, it has given us confidence that we're not going to be left unhappy. 3 Day Blinds was going to go the extra mile to make sure that the end result is what we want and that we're satisfied. That is really appreciated because a lot of companies don't really care. We had initially had Chad come out just to replace the existing blinds. But we have a main living room that gets hit by the sun all day long. We like that it backs up to wooded areas, so you don't really need window coverings on it. We just really didn't think anything of it, but he made some recommendations that we never really considered. We really want them now.

Chad was able to not just address the immediate request but he gave us recommendations to solve a problem that we hadn't asked for. We're having some renovations on our house and having all the window frames redone. Once that's done, we're going to then have Chad come back and we're gonna do solar shades for the back of this wall. He did such a phenomenal job for what was going on.

3 Day Blinds response

Hello Shayna, Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience with your Designer, and we will be sure to pass along this feedback. Thank you for choosing 3 Day Blinds!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I liked Tammy's level of knowledge and her input on my thoughts when I was heading this or that direction and the different options that she gave me. I really liked Tammy. In fact, I called her and ordered more blinds from her. I really liked the installer that put up the other blinds that got in first too. I liked what he did. However, my blind lasted five days and it goes up 14 inches and won't budge. I have called ProVision (the installation company) so many times. That is unbelievable. They say "We'll get back to you within three days," or "We'll get back to you..." and that's if you can get through. Also, I originally ordered three vertical patio door blinds and I am still waiting for my vertical blinds, that I was told I would get March 25th to the 31st.

I understand the blinds finally got here in my area a couple of days ago, yet nobody has reached out to schedule an appointment with me. I told them we're getting ready to go back up north and they're gonna be sitting somewhere for six months if I don't cancel it. Nobody seems to care at ProVision. Finally, I called 3 Day Blinds to complain to them. Number one, I hadn't gotten my vertical blinds. Number two, my blind broke after five days and it will not go up. The lady on the 3 Day Blinds side was very nice. She said, "I don't know why ProVision even told you any of that. The repairs come straight through us and they should have directed you to 3 Day Blinds."

When I talked to the lady on 3 Day Blinds, she was very efficient. She put in a repair order for me, but it has to go through ProVision. Therefore, who knows when I'll get my repair and when I'll get my verticals, which is $5,000. I'm ready to cancel the whole freakin' order. I'm pleased with 3 Day Blinds as a whole. I also very much like the quality. Everything on the blinds, including the thickness, the quality, the valance as well as everything so far on the shades that I have received, I like what I see. I think the one that broke was a fluke, but I'm very dissatisfied with the response that I'm getting from the installation company. Because of that, I will not deal with 3 Day Blinds again. I need three more blinds that I was going to order through them, but I will not order anymore from 3 Day Blinds.

Hello Wanda,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the scheduling issues experienced with your order. We are coaching our team members so that your experience is not repeated, and thank you for providing us with information that will help us to improve our services. We do now see you are scheduled for 4/14/21 for your repair and installation. If you have any further questions please feel free to call our customer care team at 800-800-3329.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I had them put up blinds and the installation was quick and fast. The installer was very professional. He was in and out. Everything is fabulous.

3 Day Blinds response

Hello Kristin. Thank you for sharing your 3 Day Blinds experience!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I got two and a half inch blinds all over the house. I liked the sales rep that 3 Day Blinds sent me. I also liked the installer and the man who measured. I enjoyed my experience. I have recommended 3 Day Blinds.

Hello Fiorella,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

The blinds in our home is just what we and the designer picked out. The installer, John, was informative and pleasant. He found that clips for our back door were not in the order and we have been trying to get someone here to finish for months now.

3 Day Blinds response

Hello Karen, I see that our Customer Care team is actively working to address your concerns. We value you as a customer and will continue to monitor your project until completion. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

The rep was excellent. We used 3 Day Blinds 30 years ago and had good luck with them and decided to use them again. I'll do it again and I referred them many a time already.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you Cyndi! We always strive to deliver a great experience, and appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for choosing 3 Day Blinds!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

When discussing the details of ordering and operation of the Roman shades I purchased, the salesperson never mentioned that these particular shades have a unique way of closing. Rather than just pull the rope, you have to put the rope behind the shade and lift at a 45 degree angle. Then again behind the shade, move the rope parallel to the shade and lower. It was only after I made a service call that I was informed of this unique method of closure. Not only is it very inconvenient, but half the times me it still doesn't lower correctly. Even the service attendant agreed that I should have been informed at the time of purchase. It would appreciate a call from the salesperson to see if this can be rectified. They were very expensive and I could not recommend 3 Day Blinds based on my experience.

Hello Greg,
    Thank you for your feedback! We have reviewed your concerns, and a representative will be reaching out to you to discuss your order.

3 Day Blinds Company Information