4.6/5 (406 ratings)

About 3 Day Blinds

3 Day Blinds is a custom window treatment manufacturer, designer and installer. The company can custom-create blinds, shades, shutters and drapes to provide you with the window coverings for your style and light preferences. Its products are available in most of the United States, and the company has professional measuring and installation services in most areas. It offers free consultations to learn more about styles, pricing and custom options.

Pros

• Fast custom fabrication
  • Variety of options
  • Full-service window treatments

Cons

• Nontransferable warranty
  • Consultation required for pricing

Bottom Line

3 Day Blinds is a custom window treatment manufacturer and installer that sells blinds, shades, drapes and shutters. It offers free consultations with a design specialist who can provide samples and take measurements.

Top 3 Day Blinds Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like the blinds and quality-wise, the shades are 100%. I was very satisfied with the cost too. I recommend friends to really go with 3 Day Blinds because they're reasonable and ...

Verified

We used 3 Day Blinds before for one of our other rooms. This recent time, we got regular blinds. The lady that came out to measure was great, and the installer was good. The insta...

What is 3 Day Blinds?

3 Day Blinds is a window treatment company that offers its own manufactured products and window treatments from major brands like Hunter Douglas. You can choose from faux wood, cellular, mini, vertical, vinyl and wood blinds.

Shades are available in cellular, pleated, roller, Roman, simply sheer, soft Roman and woven-wood styles. Shutters and drapes are available in a variety of patterns, colors and materials to provide you with a truly custom window treatment.

3 Day Blinds installation

During your initial consultation, a 3 Day Blinds representative measures your windows to prepare for installation. The blinds or window treatment can be custom fabricated within three days, after which the company’s professional installers take care of the rest.

If you’re completing the installation on your own, 3 Day Blinds provides installation instructions for most common styles and sizes of window treatments. It also offers cleaning guides, operation instructions and other care instructions on its website.

3 Day Blinds cost

The cost of your window treatment varies based on the style of covering as well as the materials, size and optional upgrades. Design consultations are free, and your sales professional will show you samples, take measurements and provide a same-day price quote.

These consultations can be completed in your home, which lets you discuss options and compare samples in your own space. Financing is available for qualified applicants, and you can discuss your options with your design consultant. All purchases include a limited lifetime warranty that is nontransferable.

3 Day Blinds FAQ

Does 3 Day Blinds carry Hunter Douglas?
3 Day Blinds is a preferred Hunter Douglas dealer, and it carries many of its window treatments. Hunter Douglas acquired 3 Day Blinds in 2019.
Does 3 Day Blinds do installation?
3 Day Blinds handles every part of the window treatment process, including designing, measuring and installing. It also provides installation instructions for those who prefer a DIY approach.
Where does 3 Day Blinds ship from?
If 3 Day Blinds is manufacturing your window treatment, your order is shipped from its production facility. Products from other manufacturers may be shipped from various locations.
What kinds of window treatments does 3 Day Blinds offer?
3 Day Blinds offers blinds, shutters, shades and drapes. These window treatments can be automated, motorized and customized to your home.

Is 3 Day Blinds good?

3 Day Blinds is a legitimate, full-service window treatment company that designs and installs a variety of options for customers across the country. Its products can be fully customized to your home, but there’s little upfront pricing transparency as a result. Schedule a design consultation to learn more about your options, see samples and request pricing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 3 Day Blinds?

Original review: April 1, 2022

I love the blinds. They're wonderful. The guys were excellent too. They came out on time. The only problem I have are the ones in the bedroom, the bathroom, and in the closet. When the sales rep came in, I had dark black curtains that were hanging at the windows in the front end and in the back. In my bedroom, I had a darker cream color, but you couldn't see outside. I don't like to be able to see outside, and I don't want anybody to see me inside. We looked at blinds for here and in the bedroom, and we talked about whether the blinds should be dark. She showed me a pattern of a cream color. It's the one that I got here. From the swatch, they were real cream. But once you put it up, it's not. It's like a sandy color brown. That was not what I wanted in the bedroom. The other thing was she said that it wouldn't be a lot of light coming through. But it was the opposite. By the time 6:00 or 7:00, it is so bright. It's ridiculous. It's enough to give me a headache.

At nighttime, I can see a little outside. I don't want to see any of that at night that was why I had dark curtains. The baby sleeps in the bed and this whole thing is so scary. I have to take my clothes off to go in the bathroom, and I'm a little leery about the same thing, because I can see the shape of the fence out the window. We have a shade that wasn't supposed to be able to see in, but I can see outside. I can see across the street, my neighbor's lights on his porch, and the tree that's in the front moving.

The day that they put them up, I called the sales while they were here. She didn't answer. I just told the installer about the top valance, because that was the other thing. She said that because the window was so deep that we did the shade at the top on the inside, it would be a clean thing on that. But when they brought them, it didn't meet all the way over like they could have, half inch. They came out yesterday and changed that. I like that much better.

I finally called again and she texted me that she had been on vacation. She didn't call me back the following week, so I had to call her back. She finally called me back and sounded that she was a little upset with me because I had that problem. I told her I would have to put a curtain up, and that would defeat the purpose of me paying for an electric blind to go up to let the light in to see what I can see already. She told me that she was gonna have somebody call me back. That was about two weeks ago and still nothing. I went on my computer and started trying to search through everything she has sent me. I found a number to 3 Day Blinds and called. They didn't take the money out and that was another thing. She had told me that it would automatically take the money. The rep told me somebody would get in touch with me within 24 hours. I didn't hear anything.

When the guys came out to install it, I told them I've tried everything I could do, but nobody has been responding to me. They said to go ahead and take a picture and they'd turn it in to their supervisor and see what would happen. I got an email from somebody that I saw this morning. I called that number they gave me twice. They were busy and told me to leave a message and somebody would call.

Hello Zoe,
Thank you for your feedback! We have reviewed your concerns, and a representative will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your order.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

When I first purchased my house in 2006, we had a relative in Colorado that had used 3 Day Blinds for some window coverings for their home. I was purchasing a new home, I need a whole house full of blinds. So, I was looking for a company to come out and measure for the blinds, and then be able to install them because I had a short time frame. Apparently, from what I found out from the installer, 3 Day Blinds had just started doing that when I bought this house. They came out and they measured the blinds. Now, come to the present day, I needed a repair on blinds that I had purchased from 3 Day Blinds, and then I also determined that I wanted to purchase some blinds for a sliding door. I contacted them and they came out. I've always had a good experience with them.

The rep was very helpful and nice. We had a nice little conversation, she helped me pick out the fabric for the blinds. She was sitting right where the window was, so she could see it's a high traffic area, so we have something that's not too fragile. I told her what I was looking for, she went and got the options that they had, and we went through them and she measured. Everything was fine.

I got a call from the installer to schedule installation earlier than I had anticipated because they came in early. There was a little confusion on his end because I had also scheduled to have my other blind that was broken fixed, and he's also the person that does that. He came to the house, no problem, he showed up early, very neat, did a neat job, got them up very quickly. But then, he had forgotten that I had paid to get one of my blinds fixed and said, "No problem." He had his helper go out to the car, get the stuff and it was fixed. When I came in, done. Everything's fine. The one thing I really liked was getting the repair because to get someone to fix something if you get it installed is torture. I had my receipt from 2006, the whole installation thing. He said, "This is amazing." He looked at it and he said, "They just started doing in-home measurements at that time." He's been working for the company for a long time. He did it very quickly.

3 Day Blinds response

Hello Cynthia, Thank you for your feedback and continued support! It means the world to us to hear that you loved the treatment.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I've been using 3 Day Blinds for years and I'm always happy with their products. I've used them for a cabin I have twice now. The rep gave me options and the limit of what he could do for me. I also got a bid from somebody else which was cheaper but I wasn't going to get my shades until February for some reason so I went with 3 Day Blinds because they were fast. The rep was right on spot as far as the time limit and I got them before Christmas. I paid more to get it quicker. Also, 3 Day Blinds offered a better product and I do like the home thing that it comes in with because they kind of know what you want in advance so they don't bring the whole store. They bring some of the stuff that you like. They’re very helpful and efficient in the sales end of it. They're not pushing the most expensive product.

The guy that installed them was fabulous. He was very careful about everything he did. He wanted to make sure his hands were clean so he didn't get some dirt on the product. There were some things he put stoppers on to fit my window so they didn't come clanking down. I was happy with him and with 3 Day Blinds all the way around. I'm going to be selling my current house and when I go to my new house, I'm gonna call 3 Day Blinds and ask for the guy that came here before. I complained to them recently though. I used the wrong credit card and I have a credit card that’s free interest for a year which I meant to use. I wanted them to give me a credit then charge it back onto my card that has no interest. But whoever I talked to couldn't handle it so I just paid it off.

3 Day Blinds response

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

3 Day Blinds got back to me quickly and the quality of the presentation as well as the professionalism of the sales lady, Pam, was good. She made an appointment with me and she was on time and brought good stuff in. She was tastefully dressed and not some hack salesperson. I wasn't sure what I wanted but she had good suggestions. She did measurements and knew what she was talking about as far as installation. The window trim that my carpenters put in is graduated so it wasn't a straightforward installation. It was a little bit complex and she saw that right away. I wouldn't have noticed that at all. She gave me the options of doing the blinds totally inside the window on the trim or putting it partway in and it'll poke partway out. So we decided to go for the half in half out because I didn't want it outside on my window trim.

The installation team was one guy named Dave and he was good. Pam let me know that I was gonna get called by Dave when everything's ready. I have a crazy schedule so I can't come in the middle of the day and let him in. I had to work with my husband's schedule as well as Dave’s but it went fine. He came in and there was no mess. It was like he hadn't even been there except that I had these great blinds in my windows.

The blackout blinds were more expensive and I asked if my guest room needed blackout blinds. But I changed my mind and said that we would do the blackout blinds. Some of the things she suggested cost her money and commissions so she wasn't in it for the money. She was in it to help me have what I wanted in my house, which was nice. Then, I had one valance that wasn't ready when the rest of it was ready so the installer had to come twice. But she told me that. The only place I was disappointed in was the color of the valance that I picked. The sample that she had was a great color but the actual valance was a more muted color than I wanted. It was a little beiger than I thought I was gonna have. The colors didn't match up with what I thought I was getting. But I was very satisfied and all was good with 3 Day Blinds.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you for sharing your experience with 3 Day Blinds! We are truly happy that you chose to work with us.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I needed someone to come out and help me find something different that I could clean because my blinds were way too wide. They were four feet wide, and there was no way to take them down and clean them. So, after so many years, it was like, "I can't stand it anymore." I had gotten the blinds before through Next Day Blinds, and I found out it changed to 3 Day Blinds. I reached out to them and got a great rep. As a matter of fact, it was the same person that was here with Next Day Blinds, Jo. She showed me the roller shades that are mechanized. I told her I like those. I just had a little bit of issues. One, the charger wasn't working, and had issues with the set-up. The installers tried changing the charger device. They were here a couple of times for the same blind.

The installer finally replaced it the last time he was here. Every time I asked, "this is how I want my "scene" set up at this time and which shade, they'd go, "Okay, you're all set. You're all set." But they wouldn't work. They'd go up and would stay up. The installer was here Saturday. So, Sunday, I went online. Unfortunately for us, it's easier to have a printout of the instructions, which they don't have. Everything is YouTube video.

I was gonna send Jo a note and tell her to let the installers and whoever comes out, "The deal with the scenes is you need a new scene for every function." I wanted these four particular blinds to go up at 7:00am and close at 10:30am. That's to have light for the plants for a few hours, and then I wanted to block the sun and the heat. When I watched the video, I said, "Let me try this," and they've worked great. What it is is you have to have a scene telling them what to do and how much for 7:00am, and then you need another scene to tell them what to do at 10:30am and how much. So, once I saw the video and I did it, it worked. I was proud of myself I figured that out. I have no issues with the blinds themselves. They're great. It was just trying to get the program straight.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: June 25, 2022

I purchased Roman shades from 3 Day Blinds. They were custom fabric. The design consultant was great and very knowledgeable. Clearly had a background in design and wore a mask the entire time. The installer was very quick and thorough. He was great. I was in a meeting because I work from home. He just worked around that and was very discreet. The quality of the product is great. They are very well made. They work very well, are smooth and look fabulous.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you Anne! We always strive to deliver a great experience, and appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for choosing 3 Day Blinds!

Original review: June 19, 2022

I've used other window covering companies before, but after reading their reviews, I decided to try 3 Day Blinds. I had 3 windows that needed new blinds (1 mini-blind and 2 cellular blinds). After filling out the request form online, 3 Day Blinds sent an estimator out within a week. He was professional and thorough as he measured every window and showed me samples of various blinds. He provided a quote for a 3 day turnaround, and when I said I wasn't in a hurry and didn't need a 3 day turn, he lowered the cost and we agreed on a 10 day turnaround. I got a call in less than 10 days saying the blinds were ready and we set up an appointment for installation. The installer was on time, very professional, and quick. The blinds look great and come with a warranty. I'm really happy with 3 day blinds and will definitely call them again when I need window coverings.

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for choosing 3 Day Blinds. Our team appreciates the time spent working together on your window treatments.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I got honeycomb blinds from 3 Day Blinds and selecting the blinds was easy. The rep showed me the blinds and recommended a color. I saw the color and I liked it and I picked them out. It was installed the same day and took about an hour. The quality of the blinds was great.

3 Day Blinds response

Hello Dominic. Thank you for sharing your 3 Day Blinds experience!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I did the shutters in the front of my house and it looks so good, I wanted to do all the windows in my house. I had them come back and do the rest of the windows and do the big curtains as well in the back, overlooking the pool. I liked the lady that helped me pick out the curtains. She did a really good job and it looked really great. Also, the install guys were really good. They had messed up the one in the garage. They missed the arch part of it and they had to order a new one because I mismeasured it the first time, but they were good and came back and fixed it. My only complaint was it took too long, but everything these days is taking so long because of the supply chain issues. I understand that. Other than that, I'm satisfied. Everything looks great and it really makes a big improvement on that house.

Hello Miles,

Original review: June 13, 2022

Ann ** was great at listening to my ideas, showing me options, and responding whenever I had questions after the in-home consultation. Installation was sooner than we expected, and everything looks great. We love our new window coverings, and we would definitely recommend Ann and 3 Day Blinds to our friends.

3 Day Blinds response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We aim to offer the very best customer service possible, and we are glad to hear that we are on the right track.

3 Day Blinds Company Information