Budget Blinds

• 8%
  • 0%
  • 34%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Blinds?
    Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2023

Best experience hiring Budget Blinds. I recommend them 100%. Michayla, Jacob and Clayton did a great job. They worked on several window treatments, as well as blinds, drapes and hardware. They are professional and punctual. Thank you BUDGET BLINDS' Team!!!

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2022

On September 2nd I entered into an agreement with Mari **, sales representative for Sue and Trevor Pinto of Budget Blinds of Mid-Lower Manhattan, to have smart motorized shades installed in our apartment. During the sales process Mari stated Budget Blinds affiliate brand Inspired Shades would function exactly like the more expensive non-affiliated Lutron brand. Specifically, Mari had inspected our current Lutron set-up with a single hub hidden from sight and told me Inspired Shades would work exactly as the Lutron accessories in our apartment do. Based on this information I paid $2500 for the Inspired Shades.

At time of installation on September 28th the blinds did not work through a remote or app. The professional installers informed me they typically have issues with Inspired Shades and we should have purchased Lutron. The installers left the apartment with the blinds not working through the app and instead of providing one remote as promised at time of purchase, each blind needed its own remote next to the blind to function.

The installers came a second time on September 30th and suggested we place multiple receivers in plain sight around the apartment in an effort to get the blinds to work. I specified the receivers must be hidden but were willing to try it to see if it worked. The installer still could not manage to get all the blinds to work even with receivers in plain sight.

That same day I was told I could replace the Inspired Shades with Lutron, although I would only receive a $1995 credit towards the purchase vs the $2500 I had already paid. I offered to pay the difference between the $2500 I had already paid and the cost to fabricate new Lutron blinds. Mari declined and suggested the installers come a third time.

On December 7th the installers came to the apartment a third time. At this point the apartment had been rented so the installers were disturbing our renters in the process. The installers proceeded to place a hub in plain sight on the kitchen counter and put 2 signal repeaters in outlets next to the blinds. One of the outlets was a single plug high voltage outlet designed for our air conditioning. Our apartment was recently gut renovated with many available outlets, but this outlet was closest to the bedroom blind. The installers unplugged the air conditioning and placed a signal repeater in that outlet rendering our air conditioning unit useless. The installers did not set up a multi-channel remote in the process. Mari wrote later that day and claimed the shades "are all functioning properly".

I was sold a product that would function with a single remote or through a phone app with a hub hidden in the same place we have a hubs for our other smart home appliances. What was delivered was a product that does not work as advertised. In simple terms, I paid for a product I did not receive. Our apartment is less than 700 sq ft and all 3 windows are on the same wall. The desired location for the hub is less than 15ft from any one blind motor. Mari cited electronic interference as the reason the hub would not reach the blinds, even though none of our other smart home appliances have this issue.

I have tried to solve this by offering to pay for the difference in the Inspired Shades and Lutron. I have also dedicated significant time with Budget Blinds trying to get Inspired shades to work. As a last resort I tried to involve the corporate office on 12.8 and was promptly told they could not help. Bottom line, stay far away unless you are willing to risk the same treatment.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2022

Ordered in September. Was told that it would be 4 weeks. Now they tell me "maybe" December. They changed installation twice. The last excuse is that they messed up order. It has always been some type of excuse. This has all been paid for.

Lidia increased rating by 4 stars.
    Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff
    After a positive interaction with Budget Blinds, Lidia increased their star rating on Oct. 21, 2022.

Updated review: Oct. 21, 2022

The local office of Budget Blinds contacted me as soon as they read my e-mail to them informing them that I had posted a bad review. Within a week they changed my battery free of cost. They were pleasant on the phone and in person. My motorized blinds work, they are open and I have sunlight coming in! Thank you.

Original Review: Oct. 14, 2022

I purchased window blinds a few years ago. They DID NOT inform me that to replace the battery on the remote control would cost $250!!! One particular window is high up on the wall, I was ok with the manual string to pull them up. The lady insisted that the remote control was the way to go. One year later the battery is dead. The worst part is that when I phoned to ask if someone can come and replace the battery, it's high up and I need a latter, and I don't know what kind of battery it takes. That's when he told me it would cost $250. He referred be to another company that would cost only $150!

I asked if I could purchase the battery from them and install it myself, he said no. He wouldn't tell me what kind of battery it takes. He had not interest in my situation at all whatsoever! The blinds have been permanently closed all this time. He gave me the number of the other company and hung up the phone. I advise everyone to not purchase from this company.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffReliability

Reviewed July 20, 2022

I ordered blinds from them last year. Waited 3 months for them to be delivered. The whole process took about 8 months. The valances were material and were not smooth. The designer said the company changed the design so I went with wooden ones instead. One blind had a hole in it. They were remote controlled and it didn't work on the first visit. Two more times the installer had to come out and work on the remote controls so the blinds would move and move correctly. The installer said on the third visit that two of the motors were defective. Two brand new motors defective? Was was the chance of that?

He came on the fourth time to say the company would not give him new motors and for him to call tech support for help. Seriously? They should have been sent without any problem. He did find a motor in their stockroom and the other came from the defective blind with the hole in it. After four visits it was finally correct for the most part. They still sometimes don't all move up or down at the same time like they are supposed to. I will never use them again and regret not going to Home Depot for blinds.

PriceStaffReliability

Reviewed July 12, 2022

A few weeks after buying expensive wood shutters from Budget Blinds of Redding CA one of the 8 panels started malfunctioning. Panel would either stay completely closed, or completely open, when I adjusted it slightly down it would flop completely open. I called Budget Blinds of Redding. The person answering had a hard time understanding my simple description of what was happening. Finally she said OK, they would look at it and replace if necessary. She added there would be a $125 service charge to pay for gas and other expenses!!! (I live right in Redding and their business is in Redding.) So, because Budget Blinds of Redding CA sold me defective merchandise I have to pay them $125 to fix it!! I was mad hearing this outrageous "gas and expense charge", didn't pay, and will tell all others I would not ever use this company again. Budget Blinds of Redding is looking out for.... themselves, not you.

Price

Reviewed May 26, 2022

Spent 5k on blinds. Has 5 year warranty on motorized blinds. Motors are bad. Drain batteries in a week. Blinds Don't roll up straight. Only to be told, "Oh well. Fix it yourself." I would think twice before I purchased anything from them. It's gong to cost me another 5k to replace them. Not even 3 years old. Only used on weekends.

Coverage

Reviewed May 13, 2022

We purchased our blinds less than a year ago and they have jammed more than once and will not retract fully. When I called for repairs I was informed that this was not covered by the warranty and that I must have did something to them to cause the jam. Sorry I purchased and will not do so in the future nor do I advise anyone else to purchase

Reviewed May 2, 2022

There were motorized blinds installed at my place 3 years back. One of them stopped working which I reported to Budget blinds and they sent their service guy at my place who inspected and told me motor is dead and needs to be replaced. I followed up with budget blinds and I was told these blinds are no more manufactured and their repair is also not done. Therefore, they cannot be repaired or replaced. My only option is to buy new one at my own cost.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed April 22, 2022

Purchased 3 motorized blinds, in June 2021, normal delays in this pandemic time, not fault of company. Installation was fine, however one blind failed and was partially diagonal in window. It was replaced and has been fine. Ordered two more for front windows the last of Aug 2021, installed 11/9/2021. One of them failed with a similar diagonal problem as the first failure, during normal operation. Replacement part/unit supposedly ordered in late December 2021 after technician arrived and worked on blind. As of 21 Apr 2022 Budget Blinds of Rio Rancho has no clue/records of what happened or why replacements have not been ordered or received. Failure rate of 40% of products and $2200.00 spent on these blinds is totally unacceptable but can't get anyone from business to respond and rectify this situation. Their statement of tremendous customer service is worse than a bad joke.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed March 30, 2022

When we had our initial consultation with the Franchisee of Budget Blinds Airdrie, we asked what the retail price of supply and install of motors for the shutters we were considering buying. The Franchisee Owner verbally quoted us the current retail price of $450 per motor. We had 10 sections that we wanted motors for. 5 upper sections and 5 lower sections, so we considered the additional cost of $4452 was affordable not including the 32.5% discount he was offering on the entire package. When they came to install they only installed 5 motors for the lower sections, but the cost remained the same, $4452 not including the discount. I contacted the owner and disputed not only the fact they only installed 5 motors rather than the 10 we expected, but they charged us double the cost per motor for the 5 they did install versus what the Franchisee Owner verbally quoted.

I have since contacted other blind companies who carry the Perfect Tilt G4 motors and asked for their retail price of the product and I have received quotes of $490 and $450 per motor at retail (not discounted). I then contacted the Franchisee Owner of Budget Blinds in Airdrie and asked that he refund me the difference for overcharging me for the motors. He refuses to do so, and suggested that the other retailers must have provided me a discounted price as a quote for the motors. Needless to say, this company is untrustworthy and I strongly urge anyone interested in purchasing blinds to not consider Budget Blinds in Airdrie Alberta. I am currently looking into further course of action, including suing for the refund in small claims court.

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2021

Love these shutters!! Jason and Duane were the installers. Answered very pleasant, professional, and efficient. They were very knowledgeable and conscientious about their work and the cleanup as they went along.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2021

I purchased blinds 2 months ago - the sales person was very knowledgeable and I was convinced that they had high quality blinds worth paying many thousands for. After 2 months from purchase, I have had no follow-up communication on when the blinds would come in to be installed in my home. Basically, they promised a lot, took my money and delivered nothing so far. Each time I've called, they would blame their manufacturing and say there are delays, which I was told multiple times would only be up to 5 weeks from order date. The company is full of false promises and I would be wary.

Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2021

Do not order products from Budget Blinds. Their quality of my blinds are very poor. In May 2020 I ordered vertical blinds cost over $1,100 from San Gabriel location of Budget Blinds. In August 2020 The blinds were installed. In January 2021 the fabric of the valance separated. The Budget Blinds replaced and installed a new valance at no cost. They were responsible at that time. However, the blinds were only good for 5 months. In August 2021 the valance's fabric separated again.

I contacted them and was told they will replace a new valance but I have to pay the shipping $60 plus the installation $79. I asked them what would happen if the problem appears again and was told I have to keep paying every time they replace the valance. This is very frustrating and disappointing. It appears to me that the product is of poor quality and should not be sold. Instead of compensating me for the product falling apart this company wants me to keep paying every few months.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed July 17, 2021

We ordered our blinds and when they arrived and installed they were not to our satisfaction. After several back and forth dialogue we finally made contact with Kristi **. The product we had originally designed was put on order due to her diligent professional service and her outstanding customer service. Our product arrived and our installers Brett/Sean did a perfect job. We want to thank Budget Blinds for standing behind their products.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed July 15, 2021

Be careful when business rep comes in your house that you do not know and never leave them alone. I will not go into the details but She left the room that she was measuring and she grabbed her bags like the house was on fire and ran for the door. Did not send me an Estimate by email or call or follow up. I reached out by email About something else and I did not get a reply but I got an email outlining an estimate no phone call nothing. I went online to select blinds, got the measurements, got them in the mail a third of the price and I’m very happy with them.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 26, 2021

Sales person and installers arrived on time and were very professional. Blinds were exactly what we wanted and fit perfectly. The price fit our budget. Got an unexpected warranty. We would use them again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 21, 2021

Very upsetting when I book a consultation for 1:30 and I call the company at 1:45 to see where they might be. The manager called me back, saying that they didn't have anywhere for them to park, so they left. No phone call, no update, no knock on the door to tell me the problem. I live in a townhome, with parking on each side of the complex and most people park right behind my car, on the side of the street. They could have at least did that and knocked on my door to ask me to move my car. I have never had someone have a problem with parking, nor did I ever have someone use that as an excuse not to show up to an consultation. When the manager got back to me, she argued with me and wouldn't let me speak or get any words in. I have never EVER left a review before, but this really upset me. Horrible customer service. I would not recommend this company.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 21, 2021

My Installer Mark did a fantastic job. He arrived promptly and obeyed all the rules to keep others safe during this pandemic. He displayed a polite demeanor while installing the blinds and even when encountering a problem with finding metal nails in the concrete, he quickly sorted out the issue and was able to get the blinds professionally installed. This is the second room where I installed budget blinds and I am very happy with both outcomes. I tell all my friends to do the same.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 28, 2021

New home and I hired the Bluffton, SC franchise of this company to install 24 Composite Plantation Shutters. All were measured exactly and installed on-time and they still look and operate like new, 3 years later. I would highly recommend this particular franchise if you are looking for fairly priced and robust blinds. The owner is hands-on and backs all of his work.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 18, 2021

Kyle from Buffalo, NY came to my home to assist me with choosing window treatments for my entire house. My husband and I custom built our home and moved in only a month prior, so we were looking to order then asap. Kyle was very friendly and took the time to listen to our needs and measure all the windows. The first thing that was off putting was the fact that she kept pushing us to get the "more cost effective" shades, which in my mind means cheaper. I made it clear that we are willing to spend money to get exactly what we want, but she continued to push the cheaper ones. Is there a quota on these she needs to meet? If you are a sales person, shouldn't you listen to your customer and try to make as much as you can, especially when they are willing to spend the money?

The second thing was that she is not an interior designer by her own admission. Choosing custom window treatments requires the guidance of a professional to take into consideration many factors such as existing decor and furniture, architecture of the home, and the color palette. Despite this, I tried to stay positive and still considered purchasing the wood blinds at the very least. Over the course of a few weeks I emailed her and wanted to see the fabric samples again. I even offered to meet her at the design center so she wouldn't have to come to my home again.

She had several excuses as to why she couldn't meet, but assured me she'd send pictures. Seriously? We were looking to spend about $7,000 and she wanted to send pictures?? That was enough for us to take our business elsewhere- to a professional home design store in the area. Yes, we paid a little more, but we received proper customer service and the guidance of a professionally trained interior designer.

Reviewed March 10, 2021

If you are considering plantation shutters or new blinds we highly recommend Budget Blinds and especially Curt **, the new franchise owner in the Villages and his staff (Anthony & Ryan) (**). We had been fans of the company up north and even with co-vid delays and personal problems had by a previous owner, Curt and the corporate office came to our rescue and were outstanding in completing our order. We could not be happier with the outcome and wholeheartedly endorse them in this unsolicited testimonial of their professional and personable solution to our situation. S & C ** 3/10/21

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2021

The week before Christmas they came out and measured and shutters were selected. I already have shutters in the dining room so it was a very simple decision. I then wait...on 9 January I sent an email asking for a status update...11 January at 4:42pm I still have heard nothing. I noticed in the reviews how many customers seem to have issue with customer service, I guess no one ever actually gets as far as the actual product. I guess I'm not surprised, they were the 3rd group in my area that I contacted and the only one that replied and actually came out, for that they get one star.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2020

I had an appointment with Cynthia on yesterday (Nov 24th). I would like to leave a review pertinent my experience. Cynthia arrived to my home. Within the first 3 minutes she asked me what was my budget? I informed her specifically what I was looking for; which is faux wood shutters. She begin to talk me out of purchasing by telling me how expensive sliding shutters would be for my patio doors. I felt her boundaries was crossed as she was determined to dictate a budget for me and how much I could afford. I told her the ant would be fine, so She then decided to go out to her car to get her sample bag and when she came back in she told me she didn't have faux wood shutters in the color gray and how real wood would be even more expensive (again she was determining my budget). I found it to be unprofessional leaving the impression that she didn't want to make a sell.

Customer Service

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2020

Austin came in with all kinds of promises. What a joke!! It’s been 3 months still no blinds. He won’t return texts and very rarely will he answer calls. 1 excuse after another. I cancelled order. They suck.

Price

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

Got a quote for a motorized skylight shades and ordered a measure and install. Technician arrived to measure and informed me that the quote was not correct and did not include the motor or remote. Wanted to charge $600 more per window. No motor for a motorized shade? How whack is that? Can only surmise that maybe I looked like the kind that could be taken advantage of, but wrong look for a company that purports to be reputable. Needless to say, taking my business where it is appreciated.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed July 21, 2020

I ordered 3 solar blinds from Bill who services Green Tree with no problem. The 4th blind which was different than the other 3 had a fraying and spot. Bill said he would order another. It took several weeks to arrive. He notified me it was in June 26 and he would deliver when in the area. Going on 4 weeks haven’t heard from him. I will never do business with him again. The blind cost 400 dollars.

Reviewed May 28, 2020

Had 5 blinds installed 2 years ago. Love them so much, I had 6 more to complete my entire home! The look of them, makes my home so rich and cozy.. I would recommend them to anyone who has always been wanting a terrific look for their home!!!

CoveragePrice

Reviewed May 26, 2020

Very difficult to get any written info on the product, no warranty in writing, Manufacturer of product not stated anywhere (said made by Hunter Douglas) but nothing in writing. Design not as ordered, price way more than Hunter Douglas even with Budget Blinds supposedly 50% discount. 90 day service guarantee but no explanation in writing what this covers. 70% downpayment when ordering should have been a clue to get everything in writing before agreeing to the sale. Told verbally by owner of franchise that there is a lifetime warranty. Don't know if UV protected.

Reviewed April 1, 2020

Yes, I gave them a 1 star because of the poor and unprofessional sales rep that I was dealing with. She had made a mistake And now, I have called several times and sent her emails on a quote to fix the problem. No problem has been rectified and, also, she has not returned my calls or email. At this time, I'm not sure what my next step, but I would strongly urge people not to use the Bonne, North Carolina facility for Budget Blinds. It was just uncalled for and very unprofessional. And it seems like there is no way to report or contact anybody but the franchisee. Budget Blinds corporation doesn't appear to be concerned about anything or care about their franchisees. So overall, I would probably never use Budget Blinds ever again. Thank you and have a good day.

Budget Blinds Company Information