4.0/5 (680 ratings)

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Select Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I explained my situation to Rovena about my disappointment with my order being delayed for two weeks. Rovena explained that after a certain time she's unable to cancel my order, however she did attempt to find a way to compensate me due to my order delayed. At the end of our conversation I was satisfied because of Rovena's actions. Rovena is very kind, respectful and knows how to mix real life situations while performing her duties. That's what I call a BALANCED customer service representative. Focused and open-minded. I may have said a lot or not enough about Rovena. But one thing for sure is I wish I could speak to her everytime I have any concerns. Thanks Rovena for making my day.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Several months ago, I ordered a remotely powered Roman shade for the window in my kitchen. Over the months, I and another very capable young man have been unable to install the shade. There is a problem with hardware and the depth of window with regard to the battery pack. Today, I finally called Select Blinds and spoke with customer service representative, Rovena **. Ms. ** immediately understood my ongoing issue with the remotely operated Roman shade. Since the issue could not be readily corrected to allow the shade to be installed, Ms. ** issued a new order for the same shade with a manual method of raising and lowering the shade.

She requested that, once the new shade arrived, I donate the existing remotely powered shade to Habitat for Humanity. The willingness of Ms. ** to help and to retain the goodwill of her customer for Select Blinds was incredibly appreciated. I will return to Select Blinds for other window treatments and do recommend Select Blinds to everyone who is in need of new window treatments.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

It was very easy to order the samples and place an order over the phone. The person who assisted me, Brett, was thorough and confirmed the information to ensure the order was accurate. The shades arrived and they were exactly as expected. When I emailed Brett to order more shades, he responded the same day with a call and placed the order for me. Also the company honored the promotion that was available on the day I ordered my samples. Terrific customer service, and we are really enjoying the product.

Select Blinds response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us thank you for choosing Select Blinds!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Brett provided excellent service. He was patient and walked me through the entire process. My window situation is unique and he took the time to carefully examine the setup and to make sure I understood my options. He sent samples promptly and followed up exactly when he said he would. He was courteous, professional, and thorough. It's important that all the details be exactly right for a custom product and I feel confident that this has all been handled correctly on his end; I'm eager to see the finished product, knowing how meticulously Brett considered all the factors involved. He made sure he wasn't satisfied until I was. Excellent customer service!

Original review: June 28, 2022

We are so impressed with the speed in which we received samples and personal phone call from Brett **. We followed up and he honored his best discount so we ordered woven woods for 3 main rooms in our home. They are beautiful, clean, coastal, and just what we wanted. They were also very simple to install. We love the cordless option and the top down option for one of the rooms. So happy with them that we just ordered the same for our bonus room through Brett. Highly recommend Select Blinds and be sure to ask for Brett **!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Yikes, I wish I had done my homework and checked out the reviews for Select Blinds before ordering. Clearly the company stalls and resists responsibility when they make a mistake. How are they still in business? I ordered 17 light filtering blinds (over $1000 worth), and 6 of them were cut too short, leaving a 5+ inch gap from the window sill to the bottom of the blind. The blinds were professionally measured; no mistake was made on my part. Okay, I thought, we all make mistakes. After some back and forth with their chat, I was told by Select to send pictures showing the full measurement of the blinds, which I did. I ordered 54" blinds, and the measurements showed that the blinds only reached to 44".

I thought that would be it, but then I was told that their "quality control" people had to look into it. Who had I been communicating with? Any reliable company would take responsibility for its mistake and make things right, and want to do so right away. Instead, I'm getting passed around, with no resolution or refund in sight, and I'm wasting a lot of time having to prove that they made the mistake.

I totally get that they need proof that the mistake is theirs, but I've never encountered a company that makes the customer jump through so many hoops. reading the other reviews, I'm nervous that I'll never see those 6 replacement blinds. That's all I've been asking for. Just send me the blinds with the exact measurements I submitted and paid for. So it's a gamble dealing with Select Blinds. If they make a mistake, you basically lose in time, money, and headache. It's not worth. Plenty of other companies with better reputations. I can't wait to see the "our apologies...our priority is customer satisfaction" message below after I post this. Give me a break. Just stand by your work and make things right when you make a mistake. That's what reliable companies do. And were exactly correct. Upon installation, the 6.

Hello Steve,

I appreciate your responding back to me with details of the issues.

First I want to apologize for the negative experience. I have processed a $394.38 refund back to your card. That is for the 6 shades that were cut too short.

Please let me know if I can assist you further. I really want to make things right for you.

Regards,

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The customer service advisor, Dra' ** was very helpful and detailed in her assistance. She answered all of my questions and gave advice that made me more confident in my transaction with the company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I've had trouble from the start. I ordered three cordless blinds, which are installed next to each other. Almost immediately they started acting up and it was clear they were not made well. One of them would not move AT ALL so I asked for a replacement. I actually didn't change them for a long time -- until I had a guest that was going to stay in the room. When I went to change them I realized that the holes for the bracket were wider than the original. I had hired a handyman to install them into concrete (it's a 1930s NYC apartment building) so it would be a hassle to put in new holes. And, since it's concrete, I'm not sure you could put holes so close to the existing hole. So now I have a blind that doesn't work and a replacement that isn't actually a replacement. Skip this company, try one of the many many other blind shops.

Hello Tanya,

I apologize because you had a negative experience with us due to your Blinds not arriving in the top-quality as expected. Our goal is to provide a positive user experience, so any feedback given is greatly appreciated. My name is Brian Royston, and I am Select Blind's brand ambassador. I'm interested in what we can do to make this experience right for you. Please feel free to email me at brian.royston@selectblinds.com and we can discuss our options.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Spoke to Brett from Select Blinds. He took my Oder for 7 roller shades. He spoke intelligently, and was very thorough regarding the specifications of my order. He was also extremely pleasant. I haven’t had such a positive sales experience like this in a long time. Thank you Brett & Select Blinds!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Brett with Select Blinds was extremely helpful with my design challenges. So helpful with getting samples and so quick with the delivery. I will continue to contact Brett for his expertise in design and style.

Select Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information