Find a Blinds and Window Treatments partner

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Select Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: April 19, 2021

After calling several times and going back n forth in emails, I finally was able to speak to Brett G. He is the only one who was able to help us and handled the matter professionally and efficiently. I highly recommend Brett G. He may be the only reason I will return to support Select Blinds, in the future, after the horrible experience I received from the production and shipping teams. After, receiving the wrong sized shade and never receiving the other half of my order (the second shade) it took over a month to rectify the situation and that is only because Brett G. handled it today. I spoke to several other representatives and only received blanketed responses and no help. That all ended today, thanks to Brett. Cannot thank you enough!!

Select Blinds response

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear our customer service team was able to help you out.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Website is very streamline to make an order. I have been on some websites to order blinds and there are just too many customizations. I went with Select Blinds because of the ease of ordering and the value. I like the blinds a lot, but had a few mounting brackets break on me, as these small hardware parts usually are a dime a dozen. I called to find out if I could get some new ones. Very good customer service. I was able to talk to someone without a long wait. The friendly representative Brett was happy to remedy the situation and send me some replacement brackets free of charge. I will use select blinds in the future since I know they back up their product.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I had placed my order in on Saturday online with Select Blinds and found out that there was an error in what was provided to me on my side and needed to change it by 10 more inches in height and 5 inches more in width. I emailed them to change it but had to call in and pay the difference. The difference in cost was absurd in my opinion. I spoke to Zac/Zak/Zack, I'm not sure how to spell his name, but I explained to him that Home Depot's blinds cost for similar blinds, I could buy new ones 4 times for the one I'm ordering. He was able to sell me on my order and made me happy with everything. He was personable, kind, relating, and provided me with good customer service. It was my first time using Select Blinds because it was recommended by a friend who used them. I look forward to receiving my blinds and seeing how they look and fit in my house. I believe they will stand by their policies and warranties.

Select Blinds response

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Oh my goodness! We recently moved into a new home. First set of blinds for bedroom, we ordered from Lowe’s; nothing wrong except husband mis-measured. We put those in a room seldom used and ordered a higher end style (I measured this time) from Select Blinds. They were perfect! Blinds from Lowe’s were basic and blinds from Select Blinds were top down, bottom up and HALF the price! We ended up ordering blinds for two more rooms. As long as you measure correctly, they will be perfect! What we were also happy with is their willingness to send samples—not small samples but samples large enough to really help make a decision. We would 100% recommend Select Blinds! We ended up with top down, bottom up for 2 rooms and solar shades for another room and we are so happy with our choices and with the quality of the finished product. Also, delivery is amazingly fast. Please do not hesitate with this company!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I first spoke with Stephanie who was patient with me as a first time caller. At that point I didn’t even know what I didn’t know about measuring and ordering blinds. After her counsel I was able to go through the website and choose what would work for me. I needed blinds for 140 lineal feet of floor to ceiling windows, motorized! On my second call I was able to go through my choices and confirm with Renee, who was fabulous. I cannot say enough good things about Renee. She then introduced me Ryan as my order was somewhat large and complex. Ryan finished the order quickly and I now am a happy customer. I don’t often go out of my way to write reviews but in this instance I want to acknowledge excellent service. I learned of Select blinds as they sponsor a NASCAR team. NASCAR takes a well tuned team to put together top performance... I’ll put Select Blinds Customer Care in that well tuned team category.

Select Blinds response

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and wonderful review thank you so much for choosing Select Blinds.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

The product was readily available for us to purchase. Installation of product was quite easy. I really liked the customer service and availability of the product. Thank you for providing us with great customer service.

Select Blinds response

We Love that your a happy customer thank you for choosing Select Blinds!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

This company is a scam and intentionally alters their photos to appear different from the product that is received. Their blatant refusal to take any responsibility and only gaslight the customer tells me that this is intentional and shady business practices made to mislead the customer. I specifically bought these blinds from them because they were completely black, unlike the same exact blinds you can get half price from Amazon which have the white top, base and cord.

Instead of acknowledging their completely false advertisement intentionally created to increase sales from competitors they claimed that the description of the product mentioned it was white, this is false and the link to this product was taken down since I ordered: https://u5703219.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vMUrIex0w2WqG0I5LH5NDgP6EFPsay0eDlgicUKSqXci8-2BXP72uD5WYwPGcCp5aUmu8FF-2Bu1Vgu9zCZkmaioBiO8cGbcYStUfctdKJ8dapJNhaVJimvlcFP7T4j-2F-2FEfAiSs8igTAeL2Xi9bEv1i-2B6RN3QJreXAqEjDOEkFV7tatALUYDJRHVwHKZoNgH0D5EfX7Y7l2dmtBSQTPEPovUY85kpk7f3bb-2FfHPIbPK-2BhQ8-3DuNTb_lJFxiU9r-2Bu-2BMxopsJJtPnDVe-2FmdwEOmxauFR6FBGa3DAKVOyBMeOoQoBnSDthm32iSquD2NvXE1Fj8FvPnTPUBtxd0-2FfH9lM7tqZ7kt4y3p0tDD5CbYu7iG-2Fg5dX7-2BXIW5du9aEiajpgfEb4APWdzYhu6Tv3I5ZWjq38jCt8gTSWJJJc4ZOZa6cw-2FD24bGb0CLeoXj-2BrJqbljuEuAv-2FyLbsyebBLd9OdaugYyv-2BDdxsehp16hdhBIPHCcYYhXCYB.

They have since reposted the product under a different name from "Essential Light Filtering Dual Shade" to "Traditional Light Filtering Dual Shade" intentionally to remove the negative reviews due to the false advertisement on this product. Please note in the email that they didn’t even link to the product, they just wrote a random bullet point claiming it was the product description in the email do me. If you look up the product on their website there is nothing in the description claiming that there are parts of this product that do not match the color ordered. You can see the "new" listing of this product here: https://www.selectblinds.com/zebra-blinds-shades/traditional-light-filtering-dual-roller-shades.html

Underneath the picture they have written "Image may include upgraded options". Their customer service team and managers have used this as a copout to claim that the product received may not be what is shown in the picture due to that piece of text. However, if you click through the upgraded options it tells you nowhere how it affects the color of what you have purchased. This is extremely deceptive. Their customer service only exists as a barrier to protect them as they continue to take advantage of consumers. FTC, BBB, and Consumer Affairs reports have been submitted since this business practice of false advertisement is illegal.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

We ordered custom blinds April 19, 2021. We followed the company measure instruction to a "T" and ordered samples of the blind colors, to make sure we would like our purchase. The blinds arrived within 2 weeks, but were the wrong size, and the wrong color. We have made over 10 outreach attempts, and have had multiple conversations with company representatives, and we have sent many videos and photographs documenting the problems with our product. The company has not stood by their guarantee, we have received no replacement blinds or service. It has been over four months since this process started. Our last two attempts to reach the company have gone unanswered. This company should be stripped of a business license.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I ordered 4 faux wood blinds for a whopping $735 from Select Blinds to add to existing blinds that came with the house. The blinds arrived well packaged, but upon opening the box I discovered that they are made with sub-standard materials. Unlike the existing blinds of the same size, the Select Blinds products require one or more bare-metal support brackets under the header which the slats hang from.

These brackets are very visible against the white blinds. The older blinds have headers (I wish I knew who made them) made of 2” x 2” sufficiently thick metal that require only end support, whereas the Select Blind products are a mere 1.5” of flimsy metal unable to support the weight of the blinds without unsightly brackets across the top. The pull-string knobs are also made of super-cheap plastic instead of wood which looks much better.

I called customer service and they were of absolutely no help other than to say I should “paint them” (the brackets). Lesson learned for me. Before purchasing blinds, talk to a real person and make sure that their products are well-engineered (proper 2” x 2” headers would add less than a dollar to the manufacturing costs vs flimsy 1.5”). Overall - my Select Blinds purchases are a poor value made from unnecessarily cheap materials, foreign made with foreign-language tags, with a “you get what you got” attitude from the company. $735 NOT well spent.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Terrible customer service. Do not recommend this company!! STAY AWAY!! Absolutely the worst customer service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY USE FEDEX AND THEY DON'T FOLLOW UP. ZERO STARS.

Select Blinds response

We are terribly sorry about the service you are explaining above I would like the opportunity to make up for this can you send me a privte message with your contact info please.

Select Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information