Select Blinds

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered 5 blinds on sept 10th with the measurements taken by select blinds preferred installer. I paid him $75. Select blinds charged my card in advance when the order was placed. It took 5 weeks not 3 days and over a dozen calls to get my order. The blinds were manufactured wrong and are too small. "One is even 30" too short. They are not answering the phone, emails, or vet chat. Worst customer service ever. My only option is the dispute the CC charge and it's been 2 month... Do not buy from them...

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was helped by an agent through the chat function and my problem was quickly resolved.

Ilene of Canon City, CO on

Original Review

I have tried to contact Select Blinds customer service department by phone several times. Every time the wait time is very long so I leave my call back number. In the last 2 days I have waited 5+ hours for a call back. I just have a simple question that is not addressed on their FAQ or Technical links. I ordered 2 blinds and both of them droop on the right side. It is the same exact droop for each one so there is some kind of a simple fix like a cord adjustment that I can make myself. I just want the answer to my simple question. Why has it taken 5+ hours so far to not get through to them? Very frustrating.

I have been wanting these types of blinds forever and I finally came across an awesome sale at Select Blinds. We bought sixteen blinds and I was very nervous because we had to purchase the blinds that were mounted outside the frame. We added 4 inches in width to all our measurements and they block the light out well. If I could do it again I may only add three inches to the width. But they look really good and I love the fact that I can have too much natural light with the top down, yet still have the privacy I want. Since we are extremely challenged in DIY it took us a bit to figure out how to mount the frames, but once we got one, the rest were one quickly hung. Highly recommend this company! Great quality and excellent sale price.

Website efficient. Selection of products well organized. Video instructions were helpful. I placed my order by phone. Phone representative was very knowledgeable in the blinds I inquired about. Shipping on time (standard), product received without any damage. Thank you for a job well done and a value on the blinds ordered.

I recently purchased a set of the top down bottom up window blinds for my bathroom. They fit perfectly and I plan to purchase more blinds from Select Blinds. I really liked the way they fit and worked. I especially liked that they are cordless. My next room to purchase blinds for will be my living room. I would recommend Select Blinds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Consumer Increased Rating!

They sent me the wrong roman shades, completely different from the sample they provided. I called and sent pictures in and got no call back for an entire week. I had to call back and ask to speak to supervisor who asks me to use them and she will give me a discount. When I told her that they do not fit with my door so I cannot use them, she proceeds to blame me saying that I did not match up the sample to the picture they have online! Their website clearly states to order samples because the pictures online are not accurate. She tells me that it's company policy to not issue refunds and that if I want them re-made, it would be at my expense. I am appalled at their unethical business practice of having the customer pay for their mistake. Their "satisfaction guarantee" is a big fat lie. Yelp reviews are consistent with my experience and I DO NOT recommend this company.

I ordered a total of 5 window treatments. One of them being a 2" faux wood blind. The mechanism where the wand attaches that is used to open or close the blind was bent, so when the blind was opened or closed the valance would completely pop off. Long story shortened, I called many many times. First I was told 'we will send you magnets to extend the valance out'... This did not work. The valance is heavy and would slide off. Then I was sent replacements blinds, TWICE. All were also bent.

I then had to take pictures of each blind and send by email, then I had to return the blinds, which I refused to send all of them back. I was told 'we have to have our engineers look at it'. I sent one back which was a complete fiasco. After they finally received I was told by Kayla that the engineers are looking at it. I never received a return call. After 1 near miss of an injury, and 1 certain nasal injury (the valance popping off and hitting 2 people) I have had enough. I called and spoke to Rashelle, which of course I haven't had a return call.

I ordered two large black out blinds. They are not inexpensive. The internal strings on one broke. I texted the company with the order number and they said they'd replace if I sent a photo of the blind. I have now emailed with photos on five occasions and tried to get through on live chat and telephone and have been unsuccessful in all attempts to get a response or replacement blind.

I will never purchase blinds from this company again. I purchase 2 identical blinds, both black in color, one blind came with black brackets to hang the blind from the wall but the other blind came with white brackets. I have been trying for a month to get Select Blinds to send me black brackets for the one blind but still do not have them. Every time we call they say they will send them out right away but we still have not receive the correct brackets. The last 2 time they promised to send the next day and email us the tracking number for the shipment, none of which never happened. Stay away from this company. If there are any problems you will not get satisfaction.

We ordered the arctic white. According to a sales rep we talked to on the phone, it's the brightest white. We received the blinds today and these are more vanilla than arctic white. Very disappointed with the experience with Select Blinds. They offered to send me the color samples to arrive 3 days later to determine if I was sent the proper color. This defeats the purpose of ordering online to expedite the whole process for semi-instant gratification. Now, the kicker is that I was told if this was the correct arctic white (more warm than arctic), then we have to pay another 50% to correct the issue. So much for customer satisfaction. I would definitely order from competitors that have non-deceptive and accurately named colors.

The blinds did not have the pre-drilled holes they were suppose to have. We had to do that and it caused a pull in the fabric. The instructions were poor and L brackets were so big they show above the blinds. Further, the screws were of so low a quality they stripped during installation and we had to purchase higher quality mid-project. All-in-all installation was a nightmare that took hours. One good thing I can say is the fabric quality is good.

I contacted select blinds and requested samples, several samples on two different occasions, which were shipped free of charge. Later, when I placed an order, the rep (Brittney ** ) was courtesy and professional. I received a follow up email that same day. And also when it was discovered there was a delay on the fabric I wanted, they gave me a date when the fabric would be in and since I ordered ahead of time it was no problem for me. I also received an email when the shade were shipped out. I was also told to inspect each blind and if there was a problem, I could return them within 10 days (of their arrival), even if the mistake was in my measurements and receive replacements if needed. They were all made exactly as described and the quality exceeded my expectations. I am not associated with this company or anyone who works for or with them.

I ordered blinds from Select Blinds on December 7th. A person named Danielle ***** took my order. Select Blinds immediately charged my credit card. She claimed that she would send me an e-mail with contact information and status verification. After receiving no communication, I called and Ms. ***** and she told me that she had made a typo in my e-mail address and would send me another e-mail with the information and her e-mail in case there was a problem. I still received no communication.

On December 12th, I finally got through to a Representative named "Jose". He said that they had sent me five e-mails. He claimed that he would ask the IT department about the problem as to why I did not receive any e-mail and that he would call me that evening or the next day. He stated that their e-mail sometimes end up in their customers junk e-mail box. Good to know! "Jose" said that my blinds were still in production and that he did not have the status of my order. "Jose" never called back. I decided, after not being able to communicate with the company and/or to find out the status of my order that things seemed somewhat suspicious and canceled my order on 12-12-2010 through their e-mail system as directed.

I also called and left a message on their answering machine as a follow-up to the cancellation of my order. I sent an email asking for confirmation of my cancellation. After receiving no response I sent a second e-mail asking for either an email or phone call confirming my cancellation. As of 12-22-2010, I have received no communication from Select Blinds. I also contacted my credit card company and placed an investigation of the charge. I am waiting on a response to the inquiry.

On 12-23-2010, after eleven days of no communication with Select Blinds,and having already cancelled my order, FedEx delivered the blinds. I promptly refused delivery. FedEx marked the delivery as "Refused by recipient - Not ordered". After sixteen days of not being able to track my delivery and three times being told by Select Blinds that they had no information on the status of my blinds, FedEx gave me tracking numbers for the shipment that I refused.

Select Blinds Company Profile