3.21/5

219 Select Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Great product. Ask to work with Makenzie **, a real pro. Best prices out there on blinds. Leave a callback number, as the 800 line is always busy due to the success and growth of the company. We've purchased from Select Blinds for more than a decade. Customer education and service is top rate.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Like scales in the bathroom tape measures don’t lie. With that being said the wife tried to help and measured a little off 3” or so. “Story of my life” So in order to fix the problem I had to make a petty call and beg to get this fix. No begging needed! I was asked for the new correct measurements and was read back to ensure correctness of said measurements. Select Blinds went well above and beyond to help keep my wallet and wife happy. Thank you very much Select Blinds. I will be soon replacing all my other blinds to keep up with the newer better higher quality product later you sold me.

#nodoghouseheretonight

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Select Blinds website was easy to navigate with helpful product information. Friendly, helpful staff, easy order over phone. Photos and videos came in handy for choosing the right blinds for our master bath. Free sample orders came in a nice envelope, along with a cover letter noting my sample orders. When it came time to place order, I called and was walked through the measurements numbers needed and placed my order. Simple as that! Would highly recommend!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have ordered many blinds from Select Blinds over the years and have always been satisfied with the quality of the product and the friendly customer service I have received. When we purchased our first home in December, I was excited to replace the wood blinds with the cell shades I had previously purchased in the past. In order to ensure that I received the same product I had previously purchased, I pulled up the order confirmation email from my last order (July 2017) and clicked on the link for the item I wanted to purchase. This link connected to an active product listing on Select Blinds, which looked to be the same item I had previously purchased, albeit with a different name and a refreshed color palette. When the blinds arrived I was shocked to find out that the product was entirely different, and of significantly lower quality than what I was expecting. The nice, wide headrails are now a thin, cheap looking metal, the fabric itself looks like paper, and the tracking mechanism struggles to raise the shades in either direction.

I contacted their customer service, and they offered me a significant discount on a more expensive set of blinds to replace these. I ordered samples of the “nicer” blinds and the fabric is the same low quality as what I currently have. I told them that I just wanted a refund and will not be reordering from them because of these quality issues, and they have refused to refund my order, stating that the blinds were manufactured correctly. I told them my issue is not with the manufacturing, but with the fact that I followed a link from a previous order to this crappy product, so I blame sales and marketing. Anyway, long story short: buyer beware. This company no longer distributes products of quality and their customer service is even worse.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I had to save my cart on my online order and was emailed by Alexis asking how she could help. She helped me realize that one of the shades I was ordering wasn't going to fit with the depth of the window it was supposed to go in. I was extremely thankful for that almost mishap being caught! She was also able to get me the BEST deal on all the shades I was buying. I can't wait to get them in and installed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Alexis was knowledgeable, patience and very easy to work with during this process. Her knowledge of the products make me very comfortable with my order. Alexis should be noted for her diligence in dealing with customer problems and finding solutions.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I ordered 4 sets of blinds and didn’t order them long enough. I purchased new blinds from them to replace the ones that were too short and gave the short ones to some friends. When they tried to install them, one of the blinds in an unopened box had a broken string. When I contacted customer service I was told that the short blinds were no longer under warranty since I ordered replacement blinds, even though it arrived broken in the box.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This has been the most interminable ordeal that I would like a resolution soon. In December I heard a radio advertisement for Select Blinds and decided to give them a try because of their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee which made me comfortable buying blinds virtually, three months later I know that this is untrue.

On December 31st I decided to place an order for six blinds for two bedrooms of our new home. Following the how to measure video and after reading the description carefully on how to measure the blinds, they arrived 2-3 weeks later. Upon installation, I realized the handle on our windows were not compatible for the blinds as the blinds would not cover the handle leaving a huge gap for the window, letting in a tremendous amount of light.

I first called customer service and then was transferred and “accidentally” hung up on, so I decided to use the virtual chatting feature where I was told to buy new hardware for my windows for the blinds to fit. I emailed immediately after and decided to call where I spoke to a nice woman who I then worked with for almost two hours. She then advised me to buy a broader shade to cover the window and to go over the hardware. After an initial protest, I decided to go this route. She stayed on the phone with me as I measured the window and advised me on the proper size. When they arrived, I was excited to put them up and realized they were too wide for the window and would not install as they were on the wall, too wide for the window frame. I want a full refund. I will send back the blinds. This situation has been going on for over two months, and I would like to move on. Please advise next steps.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The information was pretty clear, but if I had any questions they (Alexis) answered any concerns I had. They provided good support that makes me confident I will be able to install the shades myself and I know they will be there if I have any problems.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is the second order I have placed with Select Blinds in a couple of years. We live in Northern NH and it gets plenty cold. We ordered the double cell light filtering shades from Select Blinds for our large picture windows. I measured as directed and they came to us in perfect shape and fit great. They have a click button on the bottom of the shade that allows us to raise and lower without strings or hassles. It has worked perfect over the 2+ years with no problems. We decided to do the rest of our windows after these have been in place for a while. All the blinds came well wrapped and in great shape. Good thing as the bonehead who delivered them could not make it up our driveway and left them in the snow!!! Idiot.

We were expecting the shipment so we found them in short order and were well protected. I was upset at delivery though. Anyway they all fit perfect and are easy to install with simple push and click brackets. Alexis helped online to give us additional discounts above what was online. Don't know if that was because we were a repeat customer or not. Shades are warm, house is warmer, looks beautiful and well worth it. Alexis was great with customer service and the company has not disappointed us at all. Worth it in our opinion. Free samples with color swatches as well.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I needed guidance in ordering for my church. Alexis gave options, I decided, she ordered gave all expectations and was very reassuring. I felt very comfortable placing the order right away. I plan to use Select Blinds for personal use.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered "top-down-bottom-up" cellular shades in 2017 for six windows in my home. They were great quality and easy to install. I still love them. Fast forward to 2018 and I ordered the same blind (and paid more for them) for 8 windows. They arrived and I installed them. The quality of these blinds is so low. The lift mechanism is barely strong enough to lift the blinds, and they sag unevenly at the top. They shift back and forth as you raise or lower them and you have to even them out after you get them to the height you want. I'm not talking about a centimeter. If you raise them with the single handle in the center one side is often 4 inches higher than the other by the time you raise them 3 feet. Believe me when I tell you the quality is terrible now. So sad!

I tried to work with their customer service department and the woman I spoke to was bordering on combative. She informed me that they were NOT the same blinds I ordered before because in early 2018 they began using a different lift mechanism. Nothing on their site indicates that the blinds have changed. They have the same model name as they had before. She told me to submit photos of the blinds to describe what I was talking about. I did, and was then told that I needed to ship the blinds back to them, then they would send them to the factory, and the factory would decide whether they were defective or not. If they were defective, they would credit me toward more Select Blinds.

First of all, I'm sure the factory would not find them defective because they "technically" do what they're supposed to - they go up and down. Second of all, if they somehow did offer credit toward other blinds, why would I order more terrible blinds from them? Bottom Line: What was once a great company offering great custom made shades is now a low-quality money mill. The shades are shady.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The SelectBlinds.com website is customer friendly and easy to use. It describes how to measure your window and how to select blinds clearly. Customer service representatives are very knowledgeable and kind. They walk you through all the procedure patiently and leave you a very nice shopping experience. :-)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My wife ordered blinds and we measured the windows as described. We ordered 29.5 width blinds because of how we wanted them to sit. We were sent 29w blinds and told they deduct a half inch. Now the blinds won’t reach and customer service is telling us we can’t send them back, but we can buy more for $70+. The company is out to rip people off by charging them for items they didn’t order and the customer service representative was more worried about how rude she could be than helping my wife. This company could go under and the customer service rep who spoke down to my wife could starve on the streets and I would not bat an eye.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The shades are absolute garbage. I ordered blackout shades and they are definitely not blackout shades. The fabric lets a lot of light through. The brackets they sent with the shades are garbage, basically everything about these shades are junk. Their website says 100% satisfaction guaranteed, but that is not the case. After speaking with them and telling them how displeased I was with the product their solution was for me to buy new shades from them at a discounted rate. I can't say enough bad things about this company. Now I am stuck with 450$ worth of unusable garbage.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Please do not buy from here. I do not usually write reviews and I am very disappointed I have to write a negative one. They praise that they give 100% customer satisfaction when that can’t be more from the truth. What would 100% satisfy this customer would be cutting the blinds exactly how the customer orders it. I measured exactly how I was suppose to and even measured twice and had a second person measure just to make sure I was correct because on the website it stated for inside mount to be exact. I was very excited to order because the blinds I have now are cheap metal ones. Our order arrived and my husband and I opened the boxes and we’re going to install them and they were shorter than what I ordered. 1/2 inch to be exact. I emailed them with pictures and they said they did it right because they do a deduction of 1/2 inch.

I am not sure why they stress measure exact and then do the deduction. To me that is ridiculous!! If a customer wants a specific measurement give them that specific measurement and do not take matters in your own hands and deduct more from the measurement. Your customer has already done that for you. I can see if you were 1/8 inch off but a 1/2 inch is just awful! Customized blinds is what the customer wants not what the company feels they should have. I will be sure to let anyone I know about this and to not order from them. I know they are most certainly going to review this and just send me a generic "I’m sorry" and "Please call us" message or they not just ignore this review altogether because I am just 1 customer. Again I am sorry for any potential customers reading this as I may sound a little harsh, but I just want to save you from the hassle that many others have already had to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Initially made purchase for 2 vinyl roller blinds and 2 solar blinds to fit a 120” opening with bifolding door. Upon receipt and installation of the product, it was discover that a visible seam when the blind is rolled down. Apparently, there are 2 fabrics are sew together. There is a visible seam when rolled down. I called their customer service with pictures sent requesting a refund and hope to reorder the solar blind instead as it is unacceptable the way it is. After 2 days, their customer didn’t get back to me.

I called again to get an update. Then I was told that it is the way it is and it is stated on their webpage as the seam is hidden when over certain length as warning. However it is nowhere close to hidden and it is very visible. They refused for a refund and gave me a 50% off if I purchase another set from them. I think this is unfair practice and not acceptable and product not according to the spec. I would expect the warning should be part of the purchase process such that it is upfront and earning is noted to the buyer. Instead I stuck with an defective product and have to paid for another set to replace them.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory customer service and product you received. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I was a little hesitant ordering but everything came out great. Of the 3 blinds one blind had one bent blade and they sent a replacement right away. Great customer service! They look great and were easy to install. Couldn’t beat the price either.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Made 2 purchases from Select Blinds to outfit an entire home. First pass was normal blinds on many windows for which the pricing and color selection from Select Blinds was difficult to beat. I installed them fine and follow-up support was great especially when a couple of blinds wouldn't retract as easily as the others, and getting replacements under warranty was fairly painless.

Second purchase was more involved since it was motorized blinds in large sizes to completely cover a large patio door. We wanted additional options that Select Blinds didn't show on their website and actually no other online seller showed completely. We did a lot of research and ended-up reaching out directly to the OEM (manufacturer) of the blinds to determine which options would work best together and heard from a support supervisor there that out of the different online vendors who sell their product, Select Blinds was a consistent customer favorite for a variety of reasons. That made the decision even easier and I worked with Dustin at Select Blinds to get our dream motorized blinds ordered.

The OEM had some quality control issues initially but Dustin was really an advocate for the customer (us) to make things right, so things took a bit of time with back and forth with the OEM but the outcome was very positive thanks to Dustin and our persistence. Definitely shop around, but the prices and service seem hard to beat unless you aren't very DIY and need measurement and installation done for you more locally. If you are not afraid of DIY, they have great install help documentation and videos on their website just as most other window coverings online companies have.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We bought cordless blackout blinds for our upstairs bedrooms. The springs started to snap after about a year. Select Blinds said they were under warranty for 2 years and replaced the broken blinds. Now the blinds that were replaced are starting to break. We have lived in our house for 3 1/2 years and are on our 3rd blind. This has happened to 6 blinds. These blinds should have more than a year lifespan. Very cheap product!!!

Select Blinds response

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with these shades over the years. I would like to work with you in regards to the warranty, and how we may be able to help you in your current situation. I hope to work with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Placed first order 10/29/18, 3 Blinds under 1 headrail came with no mounting hardware but perfect fit. Second order 11/23 one piece no longer offered. 3 separate pieces, so sizes changed. The valance size was wrong 3 times. Finally received last piece 1/5/19. Could never get contact management, if any exist.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory customer service you received. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope to speak with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Great 2” cellular shades, faulty brackets - Here are the PROS: great website, very easy and intuitive online ordering process, helpful representatives, shades were good quality for the price. Now the CONS: The brackets plain and simple DID NOT WORK. They were the wrong size! I did not want to send the 16 shades back, so I searched the web. I found a video where a gentleman figured out how to make them work. You take your Dremel and shave off parts of the metal hook. Once you file the hook down a little, they actually work as described. This was a hassle and I was lucky to have the tools. What a shame!

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience you've had with your product. I would like to work with you to resolve this hardware issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This was my second purchase from SignatureBlinds.com and I returned because of the my first experience with their product was so positive. Upon receiving my blinds something wasn't quite right. I reached out to their Customer Service Team and worked with Brady who was not only able to resolve my issue but he did so quickly. I would recommend SelectBlinds.com to anyone interested in a quality blind and a team that stands behind their product and customer experience. Thank you again, Brady and SelectBlinds.com!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered one sheer shade as a test and it turned out great. So I proceeded to order 6 more, worth $3099.56, which also includes the most expensive 5 year warranty. When I installed the blinds, there were inconsistencies in the product and quality problems. 1) The shades in some cases rub against the plastic limiters. I did not complain about this. 2) The largest blind that was close to 120 inches in width has very obvious manufacturing defects. But the company nevertheless packed it and shipped it. Image attached. 3) The inserts at the front of the headboard of all the blinds started peeling within hours of installation. (I have attached some images) I complained about it and so they sent me new inserts but with no instructions. When I asked for instructions, I was told there are no instructions. So what happens when I peel off the insert? What if it is glued? How do I put the new inserts in accurately?

I have been sending emails back and forth for the last month and a half. I have also sent images and reported the problems promptly in every case. And every time, I get a polite, boilerplate email. And then some new CSR handles my case. The company has not bothered to assign a dedicated CSR for this. This company just gives polite lip service and plays stalling tactics. They think that if they stall, the customer will just get tired and give up. I am very close to lodging a case with my credit card company and with the FTC.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience you've had with your order. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope to assist you soon!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I ordered these blinds a few weeks ago and took the time while on vacation to actually put them up to rid the old annoying ones I have. I have to say I am completely dissatisfied with this product. First and foremost I ordered the size of my windows which is about 21x48, which runs a lot smaller in by Select Blinds than any other company I have shopped around for in the past. The brackets are difficult to install in ordered to clip blinds in. I have a 3-year-old and do not want her wandering near the window and blinds come falling down on her. I have supplied myself with all the necessary tools and nothing worked. I spoke to a representative this past week and was not given any helpful information in installing, I did research, Google it. You name it. I have tried it. I waited all this time for these blinds and for the price, and am very disappointed with the end result. This has been the worst 2 weeks ever.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about you are disappointed with our service and product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds, and hopefully improve your experience. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unhappy with your purchase. You can call me directly and I’d be happy to go over options with you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have ordered a few times from Select Blinds on behalf of clients of our construction business. Each time they reach out and work with me on a personal level, and provide great prices! On the last order I placed they even remade 2 of the blinds that came through with the wrong lift system free of charge. They go above and beyond for their customers! I'll be using them again shortly for 2 whole house projects, and am looking forward to the results.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered new blind for our Arcadia door. We just moved into the house of our dreams and wanted to get a nice set of blinds for the door. I carefully measured the dimensions as the website says too more than a few times. We received our order and I hired a professional to install them. First issue was that no hardware was sent to mount them. Then upon measuring them found they were 2" shorter than what I ordered. I called customer service and the person was less than helpful and stated he could give me a 20.00 credit. Seriously, I paid well over 200.00 for these and still had to go through Home Depot and buy a separate head rail just for the mounts. I told customer service that I planned on returning them and was told that is not a option. I plan on contacting my bank Monday morning with my complaint. I also filed a complaint with BBB. Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered three blinds from Select Blinds. Two were fine, although the slats to attach the corners to the valence were made incorrectly (they slide off) but I am not using them so it doesn't matter. The other blind however is the wrong color. I ordered their color samples ahead of time and it is clear that they made the blind it the wrong color. My frustration is with their customer service. I called and was told to send a picture - when I explained it is difficult to see by picture they told me to send it anyway. I did and was told I would hear in 24-48 hrs, it took 48 hrs. They said the picture was not clear, could I retake it? I called back and was told the same thing, even though this is clearly their mistake. I asked to speak to a supervisor, again I was told someone would be in touch between 24-48 hours.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I purchased a custom large blind for my bedroom. It was cordless. I got a notification that my order was delayed by two weeks. I was okay with it since it was for the new home I was closing on later that month, so I would not need it until I moved in. I received my order, it set in the box until I moved to my new home. I installed the blind only to find out that it was defective. For a cordless blind it should be closed by pushing up on the middle of the bottom upward. It barely closed but one side was much higher than other. Something was wrong with the internal cords. I contacted customer service, was asked to submit pictures for review. I emailed them pictures, I was told that the review process takes up to two days. I waited, no email/calls. I left the country for two weeks and thought it would be fine to give them two weeks and follow up when I got back. I emailed twice to follow up. No reply.

Another week passed, I called them. I was told that they already re-made them and shipped them. Nobody told me that they would be doing that, no tracking was provided until I asked them for it. I showed my old address, I called back and explained that if someone would bother to reply to any of my followups then I would tell them to ship it to my new address. They told me that they will remake the blind again, but it will take a very long time due to holidays... Last time it took them 3 weeks to make them plus the shipping time.

At that point, I asked for a refund. They only gave me 75% refund because they remade the blinds (without telling me that that was the plan). The moral of the story... If you are buying from them prepare to wait a long time to get a product and when you get it might be defective. If you expect them to fix the issue... It will take up to a month or you'll only get a partial refund but ONLY if it is within the 90-day window after purchase. They will not answer your follow up emails, you have to call them and be on hold for a bit to get to talk to anyone. It takes much less stress to go to Lowe's or Home Depot. Very disappointed in their lack of communication and the partial refund due to their own mistake. If only they have bothered to tell me what was going on on their end.

Select Blinds response

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a set of blinds as a Christmas gift on December 11th. The website said the blinds will ship in 1 to 5 days. Today is December 19th, and I called customer service and they informed me the shipping date is 1 to 5 days after production. So now my shipping date is December 21st and the item will not be here by Christmas. I asked to cancel the order and they informed me that the order could not be canceled. So now I will dispute it with Visa. I see why this company has so many bad reviews.

Select Blinds response

I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I would be happy to look into this further for you, and possibly offer you a resolution that differs from the previous offers. Please contact me at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029 if you wish to speak with me about this offer. Thank you, and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Select Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

• Best for: online shoppers and those with unique windows.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information