4.0/5 (687 ratings)

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Select Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Several months ago, I ordered a remotely powered Roman shade for the window in my kitchen. Over the months, I and another very capable young man have been unable to install the shade. There is a problem with hardware and the depth of window with regard to the battery pack. Today, I finally called Select Blinds and spoke with customer service representative, Rovena **. Ms. ** immediately understood my ongoing issue with the remotely operated Roman shade. Since the issue could not be readily corrected to allow the shade to be installed, Ms. ** issued a new order for the same shade with a manual method of raising and lowering the shade.

She requested that, once the new shade arrived, I donate the existing remotely powered shade to Habitat for Humanity. The willingness of Ms. ** to help and to retain the goodwill of her customer for Select Blinds was incredibly appreciated. I will return to Select Blinds for other window treatments and do recommend Select Blinds to everyone who is in need of new window treatments.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

It was very easy to order the samples and place an order over the phone. The person who assisted me, Brett, was thorough and confirmed the information to ensure the order was accurate. The shades arrived and they were exactly as expected. When I emailed Brett to order more shades, he responded the same day with a call and placed the order for me. Also the company honored the promotion that was available on the day I ordered my samples. Terrific customer service, and we are really enjoying the product.

Select Blinds response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us thank you for choosing Select Blinds!

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Brett provided excellent service. He was patient and walked me through the entire process. My window situation is unique and he took the time to carefully examine the setup and to make sure I understood my options. He sent samples promptly and followed up exactly when he said he would. He was courteous, professional, and thorough. It's important that all the details be exactly right for a custom product and I feel confident that this has all been handled correctly on his end; I'm eager to see the finished product, knowing how meticulously Brett considered all the factors involved. He made sure he wasn't satisfied until I was. Excellent customer service!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Due to a measurement error, three of the honeycomb shades I ordered did not fit in the windows. One shade was finally replaced under the FIT guarantee, but for an unknown reason the order was cancelled. Four weeks after my initial call and discussion, I was able to contact Customer Service to discuss again to find out the status of the three shades. Unfortunately, no one followed up with me during this time. The second issue was that two of the shades were damaged during shipping. Primarily because there was not enough packing material in the box so the four shades were able to easily move around inside the box.

In less than two days, Marisela in Customer Service was able to get the FIT guarantee order placed and work with the Production Manger to get an account credit issued so I could finally replace the two damaged shades, and in the correct dimensions. Marisela went above and beyond to get this situation sorted out. She went down to the Production Manager's office so she could explain to him, face to face, what the issue was and the best way to remedy it. Marisela then called me to explain how Select Blinds planned to solve this. I was able to receive the account credit a short time later and plan to order the two new shades very soon.

I previously worked for a manufacturing company that was successful because of its Excellent Customer Service policy and culture. Marisela exudes Excellent Customer Service. I will definitely recommend Select Blinds to friends and family and I will purchase window coverings from them in the future when the opportunity arises. Thank you!

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear our customer service team was able to help you out with the issues you experienced.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I didn't measure one of my windows correctly. Not sure what I was thinking. However, when the one (of 8) blinds I ordered didn't fit into my window space, I called the company to reorder that window blind. Rovena answered and was the nicest, most helpful customer service agent I have ever spoken to. She is friendly, professional, helpful, and told appropriate but funny story. I would love to meet her sometime. On another awesome and positive note, Select Blinds remakes the new blind and just a 10.00 charge to me. Who does this??? It was MY mistake, but they accepted that, and still only charged me $10.00 to replace the blind.

Love, Love, Love this company. Oh, yes. Their prices are extremely fair. They have budget blinds (I ordered those for the area I'm using them in), but they're very nice quality and are made of fabric. I have bought more expensive ones for other areas, and they are awesome!!! Thank you Select Blinds. P.S. Please give Rovena a raise. She certainly deserves it!

Select Blinds response

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear our customer service team was able to help you out.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Worked with my representative Brett ** who provided excellent customer service with helping me place my order. I have shopped with Select Blinds several times and each time Brett provided excellent service.

Select Blinds response

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

We ordered 5 motorized roller shades and they don’t fit. My father took our measurements while he was visiting as we have been in NICU with our baby for the last month so he was just trying to help out. Appears he measured window, but didn’t extend to the trim so they don’t fit right after the deductions select blinds takes.

I understand this was my dad’s fault, but it would be great if the FIT guarantee worked more in the customer’s favor, especially when spending $2k on blinds. I chatted with Emily who informed we get up to a max of 4 reorders, but only 1 per order. I asked if they could make an exception to allow me to get all of my 4 reorders on this order and then I just have no more left on future orders. We were planning to get shades throughout the house and patio. She said they could not. I was trying to explain to my husband before responding to her and she disconnected chat due to inactivity. Never asked if I was still connected, if I wanted to get the one replacement or if there was anything else I needed. She just let me know she was ending the chat. Geesh, usually customer service at least asks how you want to proceed. Definitely an expensive mistake we won’t make again.

Hello LaTesha,

I apologize because you had a negative experience with us. Our goal is to provide a positive user experience, so any feedback given is greatly appreciated. My name is Brian Royston, and I am Select Blind's brand ambassador. I'm interested in what we can do to move from a negative review to a positive review, we want to make this experience right for you. Please feel free to email me at brian.royston@selectblinds.com and we can discuss our options.

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2022

Select Blinds' brand ambassador Brian ** was able to offer me a satisfactory resolution to this problem. I appreciate his willingness to step in and will probably shop at Select Blinds again as long as he is working there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I recently purchased two motorized roller blinds from Select Blinds for about $1,200 total (ie: they were not cheap). The blinds arrived approximately 1/4" wider than the width I ordered and did not fit inside my window frames. In other words, the blinds were unusable. When I sent Select Blinds a photo of each blind against a measuring tape to demonstrate that the blinds were wider than what I ordered, they claimed they did not have to replace the blinds because their website stated that the blinds would be made 3/16" wider than requested.

When I asked them to show me where on the website it stated this, they informed me that next to the text field in which the customer enters his desired width for the blinds, there is a clickable button that takes the customer to a dozen bullet points of fine print much further down on the web page (below the "add to cart" button) where it states among many other things that the particular type of blinds I was ordering would be made 3/16" wider than specified.

I cannot fathom why they would not present this extremely pertinent information alongside the text field where the customer is asked to select his width to within an eighth of an inch instead of presenting it in the legalese *after* all the other customizable options and the "add to cart" button. It is my opinion that this information is presented in a deliberately obscure manner in order to extort money out of customers. Please avoid this company. In the past, I have ordered blinds from both The Shade Store and Blinds.com and both companies are far more reputable than this one.

Hello Will,

We apologize that your Roller Shades did not arrive in the measurements as you expected. We have a 90-day satisfaction guarantee that if there is a defect in a product’s material or workmanship, we promise to resolve the issue at no cost to you for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. My name is Brian Royston, and I am Select Blind's brand ambassador. Please feel free to email me at brian.royston@selectblinds.com and we can discuss our options.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I really wish I could leave ZERO stars. I ordered blinds, they were the wrong size, Maricella at Customer Service told me she would send me an email to send them photos of how the blinds were incorrectly cut and had none of the factory deductions their website specifically mentions they take to make the blinds fit. No email. I had to call back the next day and was told to email them the photos, within one day they emailed back to say the factory made the shades to spec and they were within tolerance. When I asked how that could be as I ordered 36 inch shades and got EXACTLY 36 inch wide, inside mount shades with NO allowance deductions taken at the factory the customer service stopped answering me.

It's criminal, actually, to charge people for such a poorly made product and then pretend that it wasn't their mistake. Pretty shameful response on their end and I gladly took my business elsewhere and got a better price with more options for customization and blinds that actually fit my windows! Save your time and your money. Not only do you not get what you pay for, you can't get a refund and the customer service attempts to insult your intelligence. Zero Stars.

Hello Amelia,

We apologize that your Blinds did not arrive in the measurements you expected. We have a 90-day satisfaction guarantee that if there is a defect in a product’s material or workmanship, we promise to resolve the issue at no cost to you for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Please feel free to email me at brian.royston@selectblinds.com and we can discuss our options.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Rovena ** was helpful and extremely easy to understand. Made my purchase easy and asked the questions that I needed to make things correct. She helped me with measurements and the colors. Explained all facts.

Select Blinds response

Select Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information