Find a Blinds and Window Treatments partner

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Select Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Due to a measurement error, three of the honeycomb shades I ordered did not fit in the windows. One shade was finally replaced under the FIT guarantee, but for an unknown reason the order was cancelled. Four weeks after my initial call and discussion, I was able to contact Customer Service to discuss again to find out the status of the three shades. Unfortunately, no one followed up with me during this time. The second issue was that two of the shades were damaged during shipping. Primarily because there was not enough packing material in the box so the four shades were able to easily move around inside the box.

In less than two days, Marisela in Customer Service was able to get the FIT guarantee order placed and work with the Production Manger to get an account credit issued so I could finally replace the two damaged shades, and in the correct dimensions. Marisela went above and beyond to get this situation sorted out. She went down to the Production Manager's office so she could explain to him, face to face, what the issue was and the best way to remedy it. Marisela then called me to explain how Select Blinds planned to solve this. I was able to receive the account credit a short time later and plan to order the two new shades very soon.

I previously worked for a manufacturing company that was successful because of its Excellent Customer Service policy and culture. Marisela exudes Excellent Customer Service. I will definitely recommend Select Blinds to friends and family and I will purchase window coverings from them in the future when the opportunity arises. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I didn't measure one of my windows correctly. Not sure what I was thinking. However, when the one (of 8) blinds I ordered didn't fit into my window space, I called the company to reorder that window blind. Rovena answered and was the nicest, most helpful customer service agent I have ever spoken to. She is friendly, professional, helpful, and told appropriate but funny story. I would love to meet her sometime. On another awesome and positive note, Select Blinds remakes the new blind and just a 10.00 charge to me. Who does this??? It was MY mistake, but they accepted that, and still only charged me $10.00 to replace the blind.

Love, Love, Love this company. Oh, yes. Their prices are extremely fair. They have budget blinds (I ordered those for the area I'm using them in), but they're very nice quality and are made of fabric. I have bought more expensive ones for other areas, and they are awesome!!! Thank you Select Blinds. P.S. Please give Rovena a raise. She certainly deserves it!

Select Blinds response

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear our customer service team was able to help you out.

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I had placed my order in on Saturday online with Select Blinds and found out that there was an error in what was provided to me on my side and needed to change it by 10 more inches in height and 5 inches more in width. I emailed them to change it but had to call in and pay the difference. The difference in cost was absurd in my opinion. I spoke to Zac/Zak/Zack, I'm not sure how to spell his name, but I explained to him that Home Depot's blinds cost for similar blinds, I could buy new ones 4 times for the one I'm ordering. He was able to sell me on my order and made me happy with everything. He was personable, kind, relating, and provided me with good customer service. It was my first time using Select Blinds because it was recommended by a friend who used them. I look forward to receiving my blinds and seeing how they look and fit in my house. I believe they will stand by their policies and warranties.

Select Blinds response

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Oh my goodness! We recently moved into a new home. First set of blinds for bedroom, we ordered from Lowe’s; nothing wrong except husband mis-measured. We put those in a room seldom used and ordered a higher end style (I measured this time) from Select Blinds. They were perfect! Blinds from Lowe’s were basic and blinds from Select Blinds were top down, bottom up and HALF the price! We ended up ordering blinds for two more rooms. As long as you measure correctly, they will be perfect! What we were also happy with is their willingness to send samples—not small samples but samples large enough to really help make a decision. We would 100% recommend Select Blinds! We ended up with top down, bottom up for 2 rooms and solar shades for another room and we are so happy with our choices and with the quality of the finished product. Also, delivery is amazingly fast. Please do not hesitate with this company!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I first spoke with Stephanie who was patient with me as a first time caller. At that point I didn’t even know what I didn’t know about measuring and ordering blinds. After her counsel I was able to go through the website and choose what would work for me. I needed blinds for 140 lineal feet of floor to ceiling windows, motorized! On my second call I was able to go through my choices and confirm with Renee, who was fabulous. I cannot say enough good things about Renee. She then introduced me Ryan as my order was somewhat large and complex. Ryan finished the order quickly and I now am a happy customer. I don’t often go out of my way to write reviews but in this instance I want to acknowledge excellent service. I learned of Select blinds as they sponsor a NASCAR team. NASCAR takes a well tuned team to put together top performance... I’ll put Select Blinds Customer Care in that well tuned team category.

Select Blinds response

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and wonderful review thank you so much for choosing Select Blinds.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

She was knowledgeable, pleasant to speak to and a great representation for your company. I wish all companies had someone as good as her on the phone with her knowledge and willingness to help. We purchased a house full of blinds six years ago. She was able to look up the purchase. Then told that the blinds were No longer made it in the exact style that we ordered. She found a similar style and similar colors and is sending two to choose from.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

New home and we ordered blinds for 6 windows. They arrived as promised and were much nicer than expected. 5 were easy to install. 1 was off a bit in measure. I called for suggestions on how to correct that now and was greeted by a very friendly representative who offered a low cost solution to my issue. I will purchase from them again!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

The website is blocking bad reviews. If that doesn't tell consumers about their business practice, I don't know what will. I tried to review the product and it said "Could not submit the review. Please try again later." 6 out of 8 caps came with broken prongs. Horrible shade construction. the shade itself fell off from the roller within an hour of installation. We have to literally use duct tape to stick the shade to the roller for temporarily use and Customer Service Rep is terrible enough to ask us to take it back out to send a picture. Is she thinking that we want to create a broken blind for fun and enjoy stick it back on, take it back out. Absolutely no sense of accommodation.

Copy of my order

Nomad Solar Screen Artemisia Product Color: Artemisia
    _ Size: 46 3/4" W x 64 3/4" H
    _ _
    Features:

Mount Type - Inside | Lift Styles - Continuous Cord Loop | Lift Cord Location - Left | Roll Position - Standard Roll | Headrails - Cassette With Fabric Insert | Hardware - Plastic/Aluminum | Color Options - Anthracite | Bottom Rail - Fabric Wrapped

Warranty:

3-Year Limited Warranty

Room:

Office

Select Blinds response

We are sorry to hear that your order arrived defective/damaged. In order to correct these issues, we typically only need some quick documentation of each affected item and we can provide replacements/repairs/parts under warranty as needed. We can see that a warranty claim has been started, but we have not seen any replies from you since. If you still require assistance with this matter, please feel free to reach back out to our Customer Service team so we can help you further.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I ordered two blinds from Select Blinds. They arrived pretty quickly and were made very well. The color was true to the sample and I had ordered. Unfortunately, I had mismeasured for one of the blinds. I called to inquire if I shipped it back at my cost and paid to have it modified, could they do that. Instead, they took the correct measurement and remade my blind. This is outstanding service and their product is top-notch!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Select Blinds FIT guarantee is incredibly misleading. They will only replace 1 blind per order. If you are ordering multiple window coverings order separately. Shipping is free and you will be able to get replacements for each blind rather than be screwed like me and have to pay twice! The customer service team will call you stupid for misunderstanding their intentionally misleading replacement guarantee. I spent hours trying to get a replacement and Their Customer service team Ken / Cassie talked over me, raised their voices, and insulted my wife for being fooled by their fit guarantee. Order from any one of their competitors but avoid Select Blinds. If you do order remember! 1 blind per order so they will honor their guarantee!

Select Blinds response

Measuring mistakes are rare, but when they happen, our team will always step in to help make things right. As our products are custom and made to order, there's a limit to the number of items we can remake for free; our team reordered the shades for you below our costs to try and help out. We are sorry that you feel misled and invite everyone to review our measuring guidelines/policies prior to placing the order. Please contact our helpful customer service team if you need further assistance.

Select Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information