Select Blinds

Compare Blinds and Window Treatments

Research top Blinds and Window Treatments recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had saved my order in the cart because I had a few questions. I received a call from Alexis and she was most helpful and placed my order with a few adjustments. She looked up past orders for me and figured out just what I needed. Thanks.

I started out on the Select Blinds website which was very in depth and easy to navigate. Helpful measuring tips were great and free samples were delivered quickly. The process to enter my 13 different window sizes and various shades was straightforward and easy to use. When I had a question, Alexis ** in customer service called me back within 10 minutes of my leaving a phone number. She was knowledgeable, courteous and helped me get an additional discount! The entire experience was user friendly and thorough. I would definitely recommend Select Blinds. I am a repeat customer.

I ordered blackout shades from the Select Blinds website, carefully measuring the width and length, and paying attention to their somewhat idiosyncratic instructions. Four days after I ordered them, I was sent an email telling me that their "supplier" did not make those blinds in that size and that it was a mistake for them to offer that option. I called back to cancel the order and was assured by the customer service rep that he did. Weeks passed without a credit, and I called back again. Again, I was assured that a credit was forthcoming. Less patient, I waited just another week for the credit, no credit forthcoming. This little routine happened several times until I lost patience and went through my credit card issuer. That works, but you have to line up the documentation, including all of the emails and records of all the phone conversations. You shouldn't have to do that because Select Blinds had inaccurate information on their website.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I am very pleased to state that Select Blinds corrected the issue previously stated with 100% satisfaction. It appears there was a miscommunication and the matter was resolved with a replacement order at no charge. It is worth acknowledging the quick response to the matter by the Company who was very polite and thorough in making sure a complete resolution was accomplished. With this type of customer service, I will definitely be ordering again through Select Blinds.

Linda of Stuart, FL on

Original Review

Ordered a blind and called BEFORE placing the order to verify the measurements taken. Received the blind and did not fit. Contacted Select Blinds and was given the runaround for days with canned emailed replies that did not address the problem. Finally, when pushing the matter, I was told they would not accept a return. Prices are not that good to lose money unnecessarily. Think twice before using this company!!!

I placed an order for blinds and needed to adjust it, and add to it. This required significant time and effort on the part of the sales rep who was so patient and diligent and thorough in making sure my changes and additions were done properly. He even was able to guide my purchase such that I could acquire more product AND save money. Needless to say, I'm a very happy customer!! Thank you very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

I am delighted to recommend Select Blinds -- and especially customer support representative Nathan ** -- for a quality product, extremely fast turnaround on our order, and exemplary customer service.

I looked online a few months ago for wood blinds - pricing, not yet ready to buy. I got an email from a rep from company stating if ordered through them could have a better price. I explained that we were not yet ready to buy. I got a return email acknowledging and requesting that when I was ready to buy to contact them. I did not receive any additional emails from the rep pushing the purchase. However, yesterday I was ready to buy and I contacted them and they were able to give me a slightly greater discount. They have been easy to deal with. As long as there are no problems with the blinds when they arrive, I would highly recommend using this company.

I have had all great experiences with Selectblinds.com over the years. This is the first time they have contacted me directly via email offering additional discounts on my giant cart. Any little bit helps with the number of blinds that I ordered this time around. Alexis ** is super friendly and our conversation was short and sweet. I appreciate not trying to be sold extra stuff.

Wanted to let everyone who looks at this website that the customer care and product are outstanding. We reached out to customer care and received a phone call back in a very timely manner. Our representative Nathan could not have been more helpful.

Amber was awesome! I have been shopping around for window coverings for my new home. After research and reading reviews, decided to go with Select Blinds. I have not received them, yet, but wanted to be sure to rate my experience with customer service. Amber went out of her way to make sure I was satisfied and that my order was accurate. I needed to call more than once, because I made a mistake on my order, and found an additional savings. She did not hesitate to assist me with all concerns and was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Select Blinds solely based on the fact that customer service is extremely important to me, and she excelled expectations. I am excited to receive my order, and am certain I will be satisfied. Thank you Amber!

I went into their showroom in Mesa, a beautiful girl named Alexis helped me. She got samples, showed me blinds and went over everything! I got the blinds today and perfect fit! Thank you Select Blinds and Alexis!

I was referred to your company by my son and he said how easy your website was to order from. I was an quick turn around for our special order of room darkening blinds. I have been very pleased with the workmanship so far. Thank you!

We have purchased blinds from Select Blinds several times, and we have always been pleased with our purchase. Our most recent purchase was for our bedroom for which we wanted the room darkening shade. We absolute love our new blind that we can open and close with ease. The shade definitely darkens the room so when the early morning sun comes up, it doesn't wake us. We would wholeheartedly recommend purchasing blinds from Select Blinds.

The quality was sub par and the hinges were incorrect and after I contacted them they didn't help with the issue and a month after the blinds broke and damaged my hardwood floor. So their hinges are terrible, they are plastic, the frame is plastic, and they only have 1 metal piece where they snap the hinges in place.

I ordered 9 'designer' haha faux wood blinds, with the so-called 'professional' measuring and installation. The blinds themselves are ok, but the valances are truly horrible. They are all too short, and resemble parallelograms more than rectangles. I'm assuming that these things are extruded and sliced by a blade, and that the blade itself is just a smidge off 90 degrees. I've been going back and forth for ages over this, and NO I don't want to ship all these blinds back at my expense and have naked windows for Lord knows how long, just replace the ** valances! Also the installer removed and damaged the ONE blind I wasn't replacing, a vertical patio blind, and didn't respond until I asked for a manager.

All of the headrails for my 2" Faux wood blinds were cut shorter than the actual blinds. I reached out to them and they are less than understanding. They tried to tell me that they have to be shorter than the opening to fit, which I understand. The issue is they are shorter than the blinds themselves, which must also be cut shorter to fit the opening which I understand. The problem is the headrail is shorter than everything, so it looks stupid installed. Now they want me to provide photographic proof that they are short, which I have done. Not sure why I would lie about this though. The blinds themselves are correctly sized, so if the headrails had been cut the same size this would be a non-issue. I just hate that something so trivial is so hard for them to remedy. I don't want to jump through hoops to make them feel better. Just fix it already.

On March 22/17 I purchased 3 blinds by telephone. I was told I could get my blinds within 4-5 days if I paid $75. Express delivery. I received an e-mail 48 hours later stating my blinds were back ordered till April 3. It asked to have my $75 back since they could not deliver fast. Instead they put my whole order on hold. I told the person I wanted the order and to proceed with it, not to place it on hold.

On April 7 I chatted with a CS rep and he told me my order was on hold. I told him the story and asked they produced them fast. He was going to verify and get back to me. I tried calling and left a message after 35 minutes of being on hold. I tried several times to chat but cannot get through. I spent $1087 and cannot get my blinds. I cannot speak with a manager nor a customer rep. They keep sending me e-mails that they care about their quality and that they will contact me with 48 hours but they never do. I am so frustrated. I will never deal with this company again. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a company.

Their faux wood shutters are not very nice and are pretty much a waste of time and money. To be fair they are "ok". But you will be overall disappointed. They have gaps, poor fit and finish, and don't stay closed. They want to pop open. You must rely on magnets to keep shut, but because the hinges bind, the shutter wants to pop open. See photos! Almost forgot they didn't even include the 8 screws necessary for installation, only 6.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Select blinds did remake the blind for me. However their customer service did not follow up. I went from "were deciding if we are going to remake your blind" to a notice in my email saying that "your blind has shipped." Between these two states there was NO communication from Select Blinds. Upgrading their rating to a 3 star.

They still need to get rid of the loud music on their music on hold, and follow through on their customer service better.

Brent of Olympia, WA on

Original Review

I am a repeat customer with Select Blinds. I ordered a series of 2" faux mini blinds for my house. A year later one of the blinds failed. Calling customer service I found the following issues: They will bombard you with loud music while waiting for help on customer service - this is unprofessional and childish. Customer service does not pick up. Instead of fixing my blind they sent me a part with the assurance that it would be easy to fix - it's not easy to fix. They will not cover shipping on their broken blinds. Their customer service staff seems disinterested and uninformed. You can do better than Select Blinds. Highly recommend that you shop elsewhere. They are not what they used to be - terrible customer experience.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Worst service and product ever. Ordered Faux Wood blinds. They arrived with absolutely no instructions. No biggie, we installed them and they fit the window fine. HOWEVER, they are supposed to be cordless, tilt to open blinds. Problem is, you have to pull the blind down past the window sill to get them to open and then as soon as you put the bottom of the blind back in the window sill they close! Essentially, these blinds are worthless. They won't stay open. The quality is also atrocious. This is simply plastic - not faux wood. It doesn't even look like faux wood.

So I call their Customer Service - no easy feat and was told there was nothing they could do and that the blinds weren't returnable because they were custom (what blinds aren't custom). When I asked what I was to do with blinds that didn't stay open, they actually told me I should just donate the blinds instead of just throwing them away. This is simply a sham to get a couple of hundred dollars for something that is simply not what they advertise, not of good quality and to add insult to injury, the product doesn't work. Do not buy from these people. This is not an ethical company.

I had ordered blinds from Select Blinds years ago without any problem. This time I ordered new faux wood blinds for my kitchen and plastic vertical blinds for my bedroom. The box with the verticals arrived in terrible condition due to carrier mishandling, and all the slats and the valance were cracked and I called Select Blinds to replace the order. It took forever to get through to Customer Service. You have to wait hours before you get someone to get back to you so I used their online "chat" which also didn't seem to be available, or I got constant updates as to when an agent would be available and instead of the time span going down it was going up, so I had to wait longer. I had to call them a few times to find out the status of my replacement blinds and commented that as the blinds were damaged my order should be a priority. They assured me it was but in actuality it still took 1 1/2 weeks to replace them.

I also called them twice to see when my blinds would be delivered and was told by the agent that he would email me with that information the next day, which he didn't. I then called back and that agent seemed to have the information immediately. The original order was also missing the brackets for the valance and have absolutely no instructions as how to hang them, so I had to hire a handyman to put them up. My two main complaints are that they are very short staffed in the customer service department and should hire a few more people if their volume is so large. Also, instructions on how to hang the vertical blinds or any blinds should be in every order but they weren't in either the original or the replacement blinds. I don't think I will order from Select Blinds again because if there is a problem it seems to take forever to get it resolved.

Product I order was very nice and easy to order and install. I had a problem with one of the products in my order and that was after their rep helped me finalize the order. When I tried reaching out for customer service post delivery the process took forever. I had to wait on hold for very long, representatives did not call me back when they promised, and they were not familiar with their own product line and so things they promised me to fix it they later retracted. I would not reorder from them.

There are absolutely no customer service with SelectBlinds.com. You can call at any time of their hours of operation with no luck of reaching them. Unless you speak with sales. I made an order and was charged the full amount. I see the charge on my credit card on the same day. After a week, I did not see any tracking of my order. I reached out to them. They said the order price was wrong and need me to add another 100 dollars to the order. I checked the website and called back to request for the current discount which came out to 250. They said the order can only be at 290. I requested for them to cancel the order instead. They transferred me to a cancellation department which never picked up the call. I tried calling at different days and different times. I end up disputing the charge with my CC.

I ordered 5 blinds on sept 10th with the measurements taken by select blinds preferred installer. I paid him $75. Select blinds charged my card in advance when the order was placed. It took 5 weeks not 3 days and over a dozen calls to get my order. The blinds were manufactured wrong and are too small. "One is even 30" too short. They are not answering the phone, emails, or vet chat. Worst customer service ever. My only option is the dispute the CC charge and it's been 2 month... Do not buy from them...

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was helped by an agent through the chat function and my problem was quickly resolved.

Ilene of Canon City, CO on

Original Review

I have tried to contact Select Blinds customer service department by phone several times. Every time the wait time is very long so I leave my call back number. In the last 2 days I have waited 5+ hours for a call back. I just have a simple question that is not addressed on their FAQ or Technical links. I ordered 2 blinds and both of them droop on the right side. It is the same exact droop for each one so there is some kind of a simple fix like a cord adjustment that I can make myself. I just want the answer to my simple question. Why has it taken 5+ hours so far to not get through to them? Very frustrating.

I have been wanting these types of blinds forever and I finally came across an awesome sale at Select Blinds. We bought sixteen blinds and I was very nervous because we had to purchase the blinds that were mounted outside the frame. We added 4 inches in width to all our measurements and they block the light out well. If I could do it again I may only add three inches to the width. But they look really good and I love the fact that I can have too much natural light with the top down, yet still have the privacy I want. Since we are extremely challenged in DIY it took us a bit to figure out how to mount the frames, but once we got one, the rest were one quickly hung. Highly recommend this company! Great quality and excellent sale price.

Website efficient. Selection of products well organized. Video instructions were helpful. I placed my order by phone. Phone representative was very knowledgeable in the blinds I inquired about. Shipping on time (standard), product received without any damage. Thank you for a job well done and a value on the blinds ordered.

I recently purchased a set of the top down bottom up window blinds for my bathroom. They fit perfectly and I plan to purchase more blinds from Select Blinds. I really liked the way they fit and worked. I especially liked that they are cordless. My next room to purchase blinds for will be my living room. I would recommend Select Blinds.

Consumer Increased Rating!

They sent me the wrong roman shades, completely different from the sample they provided. I called and sent pictures in and got no call back for an entire week. I had to call back and ask to speak to supervisor who asks me to use them and she will give me a discount. When I told her that they do not fit with my door so I cannot use them, she proceeds to blame me saying that I did not match up the sample to the picture they have online! Their website clearly states to order samples because the pictures online are not accurate. She tells me that it's company policy to not issue refunds and that if I want them re-made, it would be at my expense. I am appalled at their unethical business practice of having the customer pay for their mistake. Their "satisfaction guarantee" is a big fat lie. Yelp reviews are consistent with my experience and I DO NOT recommend this company.

I ordered a total of 5 window treatments. One of them being a 2" faux wood blind. The mechanism where the wand attaches that is used to open or close the blind was bent, so when the blind was opened or closed the valance would completely pop off. Long story shortened, I called many many times. First I was told 'we will send you magnets to extend the valance out'... This did not work. The valance is heavy and would slide off. Then I was sent replacements blinds, TWICE. All were also bent.

I then had to take pictures of each blind and send by email, then I had to return the blinds, which I refused to send all of them back. I was told 'we have to have our engineers look at it'. I sent one back which was a complete fiasco. After they finally received I was told by Kayla that the engineers are looking at it. I never received a return call. After 1 near miss of an injury, and 1 certain nasal injury (the valance popping off and hitting 2 people) I have had enough. I called and spoke to Rashelle, which of course I haven't had a return call.

Expert Review

Jami Barnett, Ph.D.ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.    More about Jami→

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.
  • Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.
  • Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.
  • Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.
  • Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.
  • Best for online shoppers and those with unique windows.

Compare Blinds and Window Treatments