3.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

199 Select Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Placed first order 10/29/18, 3 Blinds under 1 headrail came with no mounting hardware but perfect fit. Second order 11/23 one piece no longer offered. 3 separate pieces, so sizes changed. The valance size was wrong 3 times. Finally received last piece 1/5/19. Could never get contact management, if any exist.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory customer service you received. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope to speak with you soon.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Great 2” cellular shades, faulty brackets - Here are the PROS: great website, very easy and intuitive online ordering process, helpful representatives, shades were good quality for the price. Now the CONS: The brackets plain and simple DID NOT WORK. They were the wrong size! I did not want to send the 16 shades back, so I searched the web. I found a video where a gentleman figured out how to make them work. You take your Dremel and shave off parts of the metal hook. Once you file the hook down a little, they actually work as described. This was a hassle and I was lucky to have the tools. What a shame!

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience you've had with your product. I would like to work with you to resolve this hardware issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This was my second purchase from SignatureBlinds.com and I returned because of the my first experience with their product was so positive. Upon receiving my blinds something wasn't quite right. I reached out to their Customer Service Team and worked with Brady who was not only able to resolve my issue but he did so quickly. I would recommend SelectBlinds.com to anyone interested in a quality blind and a team that stands behind their product and customer experience. Thank you again, Brady and SelectBlinds.com!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered one sheer shade as a test and it turned out great. So I proceeded to order 6 more, worth $3099.56, which also includes the most expensive 5 year warranty. When I installed the blinds, there were inconsistencies in the product and quality problems. 1) The shades in some cases rub against the plastic limiters. I did not complain about this. 2) The largest blind that was close to 120 inches in width has very obvious manufacturing defects. But the company nevertheless packed it and shipped it. Image attached. 3) The inserts at the front of the headboard of all the blinds started peeling within hours of installation. (I have attached some images) I complained about it and so they sent me new inserts but with no instructions. When I asked for instructions, I was told there are no instructions. So what happens when I peel off the insert? What if it is glued? How do I put the new inserts in accurately?

I have been sending emails back and forth for the last month and a half. I have also sent images and reported the problems promptly in every case. And every time, I get a polite, boilerplate email. And then some new CSR handles my case. The company has not bothered to assign a dedicated CSR for this. This company just gives polite lip service and plays stalling tactics. They think that if they stall, the customer will just get tired and give up. I am very close to lodging a case with my credit card company and with the FTC.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience you've had with your order. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope to assist you soon!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I ordered these blinds a few weeks ago and took the time while on vacation to actually put them up to rid the old annoying ones I have. I have to say I am completely dissatisfied with this product. First and foremost I ordered the size of my windows which is about 21x48, which runs a lot smaller in by Select Blinds than any other company I have shopped around for in the past. The brackets are difficult to install in ordered to clip blinds in. I have a 3-year-old and do not want her wandering near the window and blinds come falling down on her. I have supplied myself with all the necessary tools and nothing worked. I spoke to a representative this past week and was not given any helpful information in installing, I did research, Google it. You name it. I have tried it. I waited all this time for these blinds and for the price, and am very disappointed with the end result. This has been the worst 2 weeks ever.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear about you are disappointed with our service and product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds, and hopefully improve your experience. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unhappy with your purchase. You can call me directly and I’d be happy to go over options with you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have ordered a few times from Select Blinds on behalf of clients of our construction business. Each time they reach out and work with me on a personal level, and provide great prices! On the last order I placed they even remade 2 of the blinds that came through with the wrong lift system free of charge. They go above and beyond for their customers! I'll be using them again shortly for 2 whole house projects, and am looking forward to the results.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered new blind for our Arcadia door. We just moved into the house of our dreams and wanted to get a nice set of blinds for the door. I carefully measured the dimensions as the website says too more than a few times. We received our order and I hired a professional to install them. First issue was that no hardware was sent to mount them. Then upon measuring them found they were 2" shorter than what I ordered. I called customer service and the person was less than helpful and stated he could give me a 20.00 credit. Seriously, I paid well over 200.00 for these and still had to go through Home Depot and buy a separate head rail just for the mounts. I told customer service that I planned on returning them and was told that is not a option. I plan on contacting my bank Monday morning with my complaint. I also filed a complaint with BBB. Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered three blinds from Select Blinds. Two were fine, although the slats to attach the corners to the valence were made incorrectly (they slide off) but I am not using them so it doesn't matter. The other blind however is the wrong color. I ordered their color samples ahead of time and it is clear that they made the blind it the wrong color. My frustration is with their customer service. I called and was told to send a picture - when I explained it is difficult to see by picture they told me to send it anyway. I did and was told I would hear in 24-48 hrs, it took 48 hrs. They said the picture was not clear, could I retake it? I called back and was told the same thing, even though this is clearly their mistake. I asked to speak to a supervisor, again I was told someone would be in touch between 24-48 hours.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I purchased a custom large blind for my bedroom. It was cordless. I got a notification that my order was delayed by two weeks. I was okay with it since it was for the new home I was closing on later that month, so I would not need it until I moved in. I received my order, it set in the box until I moved to my new home. I installed the blind only to find out that it was defective. For a cordless blind it should be closed by pushing up on the middle of the bottom upward. It barely closed but one side was much higher than other. Something was wrong with the internal cords. I contacted customer service, was asked to submit pictures for review. I emailed them pictures, I was told that the review process takes up to two days. I waited, no email/calls. I left the country for two weeks and thought it would be fine to give them two weeks and follow up when I got back. I emailed twice to follow up. No reply.

Another week passed, I called them. I was told that they already re-made them and shipped them. Nobody told me that they would be doing that, no tracking was provided until I asked them for it. I showed my old address, I called back and explained that if someone would bother to reply to any of my followups then I would tell them to ship it to my new address. They told me that they will remake the blind again, but it will take a very long time due to holidays... Last time it took them 3 weeks to make them plus the shipping time.

At that point, I asked for a refund. They only gave me 75% refund because they remade the blinds (without telling me that that was the plan). The moral of the story... If you are buying from them prepare to wait a long time to get a product and when you get it might be defective. If you expect them to fix the issue... It will take up to a month or you'll only get a partial refund but ONLY if it is within the 90-day window after purchase. They will not answer your follow up emails, you have to call them and be on hold for a bit to get to talk to anyone. It takes much less stress to go to Lowe's or Home Depot. Very disappointed in their lack of communication and the partial refund due to their own mistake. If only they have bothered to tell me what was going on on their end.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a set of blinds as a Christmas gift on December 11th. The website said the blinds will ship in 1 to 5 days. Today is December 19th, and I called customer service and they informed me the shipping date is 1 to 5 days after production. So now my shipping date is December 21st and the item will not be here by Christmas. I asked to cancel the order and they informed me that the order could not be canceled. So now I will dispute it with Visa. I see why this company has so many bad reviews.

Select Blinds response

I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I would be happy to look into this further for you, and possibly offer you a resolution that differs from the previous offers. Please contact me at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029 if you wish to speak with me about this offer. Thank you, and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My questions were carefully answered. Measurements can be challenging so getting it right is so important. Grateful for the website and the clarity of instructions. Alexis is quick to respond and will take the necessary time to help me feel comfortable with these decisions.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered blinds from them before and got amazing up down blinds but now I ordered 3 more and got terrible knockoff blinds. They don't go up and down level, they don't hang level, they tilt down, handles look terrible and don't stay on the blinds. They keep falling off when trying to slide it up and down. And just look terribly cheap compared to previous ones. They had to change something or trying to save money with cheaper ones and they are terrible. I sent them so many pictures even of the great blinds I got before to show the difference. They said they won't refund my money. Even though it says satisfaction guaranteed!!! They told me to go to hardware shop and buy some weights so it doesn't tilt... I'm sending them back to this company this weekend.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our product. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to make this right soon!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered cordless blinds. Select Blinds informed me that they are not able to provide a cordless blind option. When I requested my money back so that I could order the blind I wanted from elsewhere, they refused! They still have my money months later. They offered to exchange my blinds for a different blind, but couldn't provide cordless as I ordered it. I've finally ordered the blind I need from elsewhere, but feel strongly that Select Blinds is not ethical. Do not trust your money with them.

Select Blinds response

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies that there was not a better resolution offered to accommodate you.

I would personally like to look into this matter, and hopefully end your experience with us on a higher note. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly by calling 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. I hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I ordered blinds for a brand new constructed house over eight years ago. The house is in the mountains of Colorado. So, I don’t remember how much I spent. The total was for a 3800 square foot house. Select Blinds did come out as the least expensive company to buy for at the time. The quality of the blinds' hardware is terrible. I bought honeycomb up & down blinds. The pulls fell apart soon after installing. I had to tape them together so it wouldn’t be constant. Half the blinds in my house do not stay open because the mechanism to hold them up, does not engage anymore. The string they use to pull the blinds up or down are thin and have worn and broke.

When I called the company if they had a repair kit to fix it, they didn’t and offered to replace the broken one at a discounted rate. I would have taken them up on it, if it weren’t for the fact that half the blinds in my house are broken. The plastic pulls lately have been disintegrating. Overall, due to the quality of their hardware, I would pay a little more elsewhere for better quality blinds.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have a vacation rental home and had some blinds destroyed by a dog. I am really hoping to get my blinds in before the winter break since I have guests coming then. Tyler went above and beyond in discussing the options with me and giving me the best chance to get my blinds replaced as soon as possible. His demeanor was great and he's a real asset to the company. I have a lot of other blinds in this home and the great customer service I've received regarding this order may mean that some of those blinds get replaced by ordering from this company. Plus, I network with other local homeowners and other vacation rental owners all over the country so I may be in a position to refer additional business to the company. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Bought $1900 worth of blinds, most of the blinds felt like they were cut little short, so when fully open, the pleats were flat. But the biggest issue is their customer service department, one of the blinds was missing the brackets, after making two phone calls, online chatting with their customer service and calling their 0029 extension, I still have not received my brackets, and it has been 6 months since my order. No wonder they throw in 3 and 5 years warranty with their orders, because you will are unlikely to get any customer support if you do need one. If Select Blinds is reading this, my order number is ** and I am missing brackets for premier cellular shades.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in your replacement parts being ordered. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me at (888) 257 1840, ext 0029.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

While shopping for shutters for our windows, I found that Select Blinds had the best website which was very easy to use and I also had to speak with a customer service representative who was extremely knowledgeable and friendly and professional and was able to offer additional discounts while speaking on the phone which made me an extremely happy customer! I’ll be ordering more shutters for my house soon.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had an issue with my order being cancelled due to an obsolete item. I called and Select Blinds recommended a similar product and honored my original pricing. My customer service rep was knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Select Blinds shipped us the wrong brackets on 1 out of 3 pieces of the same style of honeycomb shades. We called to get the correct bracket style shipped out. It took 12 days to get them out to us and... They were not the correct brackets. This has been disappointing twice now, and today when we called they are not able to confirm without doing 1-2 days of research that we would in fact be able to get correct replacements.

In doing our own research in about 15 minutes, we have found the correct piece this afternoon and will be working with a local blind dealer to get the correct parts at our own expense. What we thought was a good deal has wasted hours of Select Blind's time and ours. Please consider this as you are deciding where to buy your blinds.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with your recent experience with us. I would like to work with you to resolve any remaining issues, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This Blind Company was very helpful and made a bad experience into one of my best experiences. Dustin was great. Very helpful. Then my next experience was with Brady. What a Supervisor. He the best. Wanted to make my first time buying a pleasant experience and he did. My order was on time, my blinds fit perfectly. I recommend this blind company. Thank you Select Blinds.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Ordered 2" blinds at 38 inches long. They arrived and I installed. When extending the blinds to their full length the last two slats do not come apart, therefore is the blind not only unsightly but leaves a 2" gap above sill. I contacted customer service. Every time I sent a message I have to wait two days! They said go to live chat, not working. Ultimately they told me I ordered the wrong size and would give me a discount on next order. I offered to send them a video. If they had returned my E-mail I would of offered to pay return shipping for them to fix. I have 2 additional blinds on order with this company, keeping my fingers crossed!!

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with our service and product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds, and hopefully improve your experience. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s). You can call me directly at 888-257-1840, extension 0029. I hope to speak with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Upon moving into our dream home, we searched for window coverings. We met with 2 famous corporations, spent over 6hrs. Measuring, discussing and looking at samples. We knew what we wanted and after looking at many samples and styles, we still decided to go with our original choice. I found Select Blinds to compose a competitive quote and the cost was more palatable. Then, I received a call from Alexis **, regarding my order! Alexis made sure to connect and answer any questions that I had. In addition, she discounted my order and was my personal point of contact. We installed our blinds a few days ago & I love them. I will use Select Blinds for any needs I have in the future. I had no expectation while ordering online. However, I was surprised with the quick response, personalized service and outstanding savings I received, while working with Alexis and Select Blinds. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My wife and I purchased a new home, and of course, we need new window treatments. We went to several local manufacturers and distributors and we just didn't get that good feeling. I decided to look online, and had a few companies in mind. However, we were not satisfied until we were able to speak to Alexis ** at Select Blinds. If you are looking for professional, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly service then contact Select Blinds, extension ** for Alexis. There wasn't any competitor even close to how satisfied we are with her work ethic, attention to detail and quick response to all questions and concerns. Do yourself a favor and just go to Select Blinds. Alexis made us confident in our decision.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Ordered cordless mini blinds, put brackets on blinds with no problem to mark my windows. That was the easy part, installed mounting brackets to window and the blinds won’t snap into place. After many hours of frustration, multiple holes that need to be filled and repainting that needs to be done. Not to mention a gouge in the wall caused by them falling, all three blinds are sitting on the floor. I’ve been in contact with customer service, they seem to think the brackets were damaged in shipping. I really don’t think that is the case, I don’t think they are the right bracket, but I’m waiting now for new brackets. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breathe.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our product's mounting hardware. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. It sounds like we have begun resolving this, but please don't hesitate to contact me to speak about your concerns: (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I hope to speak with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had some odd issues with my blinds that I ordered so I called in and spoke with a couple different agents who were helpful. I got a call a few days ago from an agent named Cody and she took over everything. Got me the info I needed and helped me sort out the mess FedEx had made. So happy to see they still hire quality people at this place!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Blind took over two weeks to arrive following order. On installation, the blind was defective. I immediately reported the issue, and after a month it is still not resolved - first they claimed the product could not be defective, then I sent them photos and they claimed I had made a mistake on sizing (using their instructions), then I sent them a video and threatened a chargeback at which point they agreed to provide a replacement - after 10 more business days to produce it and another week to ship. Worse, they are now refusing to ship it to my home address in Canada, even though they initially said this would be no problem.

It's now been almost two months since the order was placed, I STILL have nothing in my windows, it's going to take at least another 2-3 weeks, and I will have to make a three hour drive to go pick them up. All because of a crappy defective foreign-made product they refuse to stand behind. Never again. Recommend everyone to place their blind orders at a real physical store, unless you like dealing with hour long phone waits, denied responsibility and weeks of waiting to solve a merchant's issues for them. Buy local!!!

Select Blinds response

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had minor issues with the website (probably human error). Called for help and very glad Cody picked up my call! She was able to pull my saved cart and make needed adjustments. I had previously gotten samples sent to me. When I started to order something anyway that I didn’t have a sample for Cody suggested putting it on hold and sent me a more samples. Two days later I was glad she did. I really didn’t care for the material I picked out.

She sent more and I found what I actually will be happy with. When I originally started looking I only thought of doing the kitchen window. But ended up deciding the prices were right and besides the kitchen I ordered Roman shades for the sliding glass doors in guest room, a hall window and my bedroom window! She kept my order on hold for over a week while I would get samples and decide on different details. When I was finally ready to order they had a better sale going and she gave me that sale price instead of the original one. She was such a delight to work with!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I purchased these roller blinds (Signature Vinyl Blackout Roller Shades) back in June 2018 and it is now November 2018. I've never been able to make them work. Locking mechanism is faulty and refuses to stay down or up. Trying to adjust the shade is impossible. I've tried lubricants and different tensions and overall probably invested 5-8hrs attempting to make it work. Currently is taped in place and will be throwing in the trash soon. Waste of $75 and a lot of frustration.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our product. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I hope to speak with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Ordered 57" blinds, received 48" blinds. Not sure how this passed even the most basic QA. Now I embark on the inevitably convoluted and disappointing path of getting their customer support to fix this. From the other reviews here it does not sound promising.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service, and apologize for the error on your purchase! I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

After ordering $1200 worth of double cell blinds for new rental property, we have not been able to hand the blinds due to faulty brackets. Please google the reviews on this company before ordering. You will see this is a known problem with their blinds yet they keep selling them. My husband is a very precise person and he has spent multiple hours trying to install these blinds. The brackets and the top rails are not with tolerances that allow easy installation or in our case no installation. While customer service reps have been courteous, we have received incorrect information and the additional brackets sent to us also do not work. WISH I HAD READ THE GOOGLE REVIEWS BEFORE PURCHASING!

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with our product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds, and hopefully improve your experience. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but not be able to use them due to difficult installation. I am familiar with how this can be resolved, and would love to help you. You can call me directly at 888-257-1840, extension 0029. I hope to speak with you soon!

Select Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

• Best for: online shoppers and those with unique windows.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information