3.22/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

146 Select Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We placed an order for 8 total inside mount blinds (2 blackout /6 wooden Blinds) through the selectblinds.com site. Total order was +$700. The blinds shipped quickly, however once received, 4 of the 6 wooden blinds were damaged in shipping! My wife called Customer Service who told us to submit pictures of the damaged products, which once received and verified, would allow them to go into production of replacements, and we should hold on to the damaged units for an indefinite amount of time, TBD at a later date. We don't have a large house, and the boxes took up a lot of space, so this was an inconvenience, but not the worst thing, so I let it be and wanted to be done with the experience.

Not to mention that all of this was happening days before we went on vacation for a week, and had the products come then and we didn't file a complaint in X amount of days, they wouldn't honor it...what if the products were received while we were away?!! Several days later and after another phone call or two to check status, we received only 2 of the 4 damaged blinds, so I called to inquire and was told they didn't know they needed to replace all 4 although they had pictures and a filed complaint on all 4, but then the guy I was speaking to put me on hold and spoke with the first person my wife connected with and acknowledged the need for the additional 2 replacement units; I was told production would have to wait an additional 7-10 business days, so it's now been over a month since my first order, and I don't have everything I purchased.

Re shipping: although the product was shipped in a long box (shape and opening function similar to a tin foil box you'd buy at the grocery store) it only had thin pieces of packing tape securing the sides together (see images)! Not very secure! During the call to inquire about the (still) missing 2 units, I made reference to the shipping and asked for a courtesy discount for my issues to date only to be told that the shipping damage wasn't their problem (again, 3 pieces of tape to seal the box shut), and if wanted to be compensated for the delays that I should, 'call FedEx'. I felt like they already had my money, so why do they need to do anything to make me happy after the fact? If you read some of the other complaints below, I'm not the only one who has been treated this way.

There were a few other issues I addressed with them regarding fit and finish of the valances, and again I was told it was my problem and I had to spend more money to fix it. I've ordered from Select Blinds and blinds.com in the past, and spoken with both during my most recent order process and I have to say, blinds.com has a much better customer experience, and I will NEVER use Select Blinds again even if they are a better price.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfied with our service and your product. I would like to work with you to resolve these issues, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s). Please do not hesitate to reach me at (888)-257-1840, ext 0029.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We received blinds that were not the correct ones that I thought I ordered. On top of that some of the blinds have wrinkles in them and were shipped in a box that looks like it has been used numerous times. I called customer service and they were extremely condescending. She took about 20 minutes to tell me how I made this mistake and basically called me ignorant. I did not appreciate being talked down to. Customer service had a final solution to charge me $300 if I wanted to exchange the wrong blinds for the correct ones. The funny part was she told me she was doing me a favor of charging me that instead of $500. I am glad I only did my downstairs because I have 15 more windows needing blinds and I will not be going through this company.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your experience with our customer service team, and your order. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029.

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 25, 2018

Purchased blinds after being referred by a family member. Purchased 10 blinds for every window in our household in December 2014. It is now July 2018 and my husband has been in contact with this company about this issue. The cords used are fraying, these blinds are just shy over 3 years old. Poor quality. We have other blinds in our household that were a heck of a lot cheaper and they have lasted the 7 years we have lived here. Had trouble in the beginning with our order being filled, one window blind had to be sent back because of their error and trying to get a replacement back then was a nightmare.

Now we were told after contacting them we would hear back from someone about a possible replacement for the two blinds out of the 8 that have fraying cords. That was 8 days ago. No follow up, nothing. No replacements sent. They offer a "limited 3 year warranty". Now I know why. I guess if they truly stood by their product they would be offering something more than a limited warranty. Let's see how the other 8 last, once they go, I can promise you there will never be another product in my house from Select Blinds again. The second blind broke tonight, 8 days from the day this company was told about the first one. Do yourselves a favor, take your business elsewhere unless they have a QC department that can answer questions and guarantee their product it isn't worth your time. Pricey, for poor quality.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Don't get too excited about the huge discounts they advertise. These are basically jacked up prices with huge discounts applied just to get the product back to the same price as most of their online competitors selling generic brand blinds and shades. At first I was quite excited to see the discounts myself, but here's how their sales process goes down: Fill out a large order online, but think about it for a day while the fabric materials arrive for you to evaluate. We were ordering 25 shades with full home automation, so a fairly large order. The next day wake up and realize your "sale price" has changed dramatically as their "24 hour rush deals" expire and a new deal is applied. By dramatically I mean 2-3K overnight increases.

Then expect an email from a sales rep most likely working on commission that gives you a better offer. Similar to a used car salesman, when you indicate you still need to think about it and the price is a bit higher than you expected compared to competitors etc the sales rep claims to go talk to their manager and comes back with a few extra savings and bumps up the standard 3yr warranty to a 5yr warranty for free. OOOH now we're talking, this is looking good... they keep lowering their prices and throwing in extra free stuff. So basically, don't trust your initial online quote as it's not even close to their best pricing.

Think about it, get ready to pull the trigger on the order and then realize they have an additional coupon section to apply to your order at checkout. Google some coupon codes for extra savings and wow, now my price looks really good. Keep in mind there are literally 100's of various coupon codes out there for this site. So I tried nearly every combination possible to get the best price I could. Some would apply to the order and others would indicate this code cannot be applied to this order.

When I finally settled on the best combo of discounts I could get and that applied to my ordered, I searched the site high and low regarding the coupon codes and it basically said, "If you see a price you like, you should buy right away because we can only guarantee pricing for 24 hours as the market is highly competitive." And this is very true... if you wait more than 24 hours your price will start to climb up again and a sales rep will call or email you back with a "better price".

So my sales rep was in my order as I am applying the discounts apparently, because at this same time I got another message that said he thinks he can meet my price expectations and provide additional bonuses, but these can ONLY be applied if I called him directly and placed the order over the phone. Shady business. Realize your sales rep was serious, because they deleted ALL of your discount codes in your cart and blocked your ability to get the "daily deals" any longer. Have your wife create an account and put in the exact same order with the exact same discounts and place the order. Get a call from Select Blinds claiming you're trying to scam them by googling coupon codes. Explain the details and get a message that they will call back later.

Get the call back and they indicate the order is on-hold and they have applied an additional $4k balance to the price we had already paid. When asking why, they said, "System was broken and you shouldn't have been able to get all of those coupon codes." OK so where does it say I cannot stack these codes, in fact I looked and your site says, "Get as many as you can as fast as you can." "Yeah, sorry our system was wrong. We are going to fix it. But in the meantime, you owe us another 4K before we ship your order." "Where's the 4K extra coming from?" "Oh well that was the last price our commission based sales rep was going to give you..."

Cancel order and go to any one of the other 100's of online blind suppliers that don't have shady commission based sales tactics, and as it turns out had better fabric choices and were more competitively priced. So in short, don't fall in love with the initial jubilation of saving thousands of dollars on your blinds. It's a simple sales trick. Make sure you shop around. Their sales reps here must be on commission as they don't give best price online anyway and will follow up with a "better price" and won't honor their online price anyway if you apply coupon codes that they determine don't match their sales reps "best deal". And if you try to beat their deal, they will manually delete your coupons in the order and tell you the only way to get a deal is to call them direct. Shady Shades for certain.

Select Blinds response

We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Although our sales staff does not receive a commission, it is understandable that our changing discounts and promotions will cause confusion. I hope to be able to improve your opinion of Select Blinds; perhaps I can be of further assistance. Please feel free to call me directly at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029, and I would be happy to speak with you on this. In the mean time, have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I finally received the second part of my order. The first part of my order was completely off on the color, Select Blinds said, "Sorry no refund, no exchange, no help." Now I have my vertical blinds in, they look good. Problem is they do not open, they barely open a quarter of an inch. Including two images one of them closed and one of them open. I have watched their YouTube videos and walked through instructions multiple times, my blinds are not out of alignment they simply do not open. SelectBlinds sends defective products and completely wrong colors according to their samples and then offers no refund, exchange or any help whatsoever!

Hello Stephanie,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you have had, we absolutely can assist you with replacing the track for the defective tilting, and I'm confident that we can work with you on the color issue. I hope to be able to change your opinion of Select Blinds, as I know we can make this better. Please don't hesitate to call me at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. Thank you for your patience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: July 8, 2018

Received my order after 2 weeks. I ordered 5 blinds total. Out of the box, one of the blinds has a non-functional cordless lift and with a hole at the bottom. One blind has a missing wand. 2 out of the 5 valances have broken magnets in the back. The worst experience is that no one answers their customer service line. I would give 4 or even 5 stars if they have someone answers the phone (or live chat) and send me replacements quickly.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfied with our service and your damaged products.The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s). I'd like to change your opinion of our service, as I feel these issues can be resolved in a quick and efficient manner! Please feel free to contact me directly at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. Thank you!

Original review: July 7, 2018

When I ordered online I ordered 110" x 83" vertical blinds. I received 24" x 36" blinds. I contacted customer service and was basically told, "Your mistake. Nonrefundable." I don't believe I was the one who made the mistake yet I have to eat the cost of the blinds. I was offered a discount on a new set of blinds at a cost 3 times higher than another company's full price. I'm a contractor and if I ran my business this way I'd be out of business in no time at all. How can Select Blinds state satisfaction guaranteed??? I've already purchased through the other company and will have my blinds in 48 hours vs the 3 weeks plus it took Select Blinds to get me the wrong order.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (480) 302 5113.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 1, 2018

Unfortunately I have ordered 4 of these Cellular cordless blinds. Once you actually get them in these ridiculous brackets, they look great and operate smoothly. I've looked online for instructions and have found many others with this same issue. If I can't get this resolved, I will return them or take them to small claims court and sue. I consider myself a very competent handyman but no matter what I do, I cannot get them to snap into place. These brackets are ridiculously stupid in design and function. I could go on. I loathe profanity.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The service I received from Jacob at Select Blinds was probably one of the best experiences I have received from an online company. He was gracious from beginning to end. Answering my questions, allowing me to take measurements, emailing when I had questions. He Was professional and approachable at the same time. Samples came quickly. I am excited to receive our blind we ordered. It is an oversized window so once we receive it, I'll post another review hopefully with elation. Lol. The pricing and what I've seen per samples re: quality make this all beyond fabulous! Thank you Jacob for being patient with me! Grateful.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered an entire floor of light filtering shades for my new home. One of the shades was damaged by my three year old so I went to order a replacement. My color was nowhere to be found which means to replace one damaged shade I will have to replace all five windows in that room so that they match. When speaking to the customer service rep they said it was "unfortunately discontinued".

I ordered the shades two months ago. Certainly they knew two months ago that they were discontinuing that color and they could have notified me or put a notification on the website so that I could have ordered a color that was going to remain in stock. That to me is very bad customer service and that as a paying customer I should expect that I can replace like for like with a product in a longer time frame than two months! My recommendation is not to order online but call a customer service rep and ask them if they plan to discontinue the color as these blinds don't last forever and now I am in a real pickle and cannot afford to replace the whole room.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I believe we can find a way to resolve this; I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. My phone number is 888-257-1840 ext. 0029.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This is the second order that I have made with Select Blinds. First, I ordered two light-filtering roller shades. When they arrived, one fit one window, and one was too narrow, so I had to add a piece of metal to force the hardware to stick out further from the window frame. After that experience, I learned that I should be VERY careful measuring the window frames. I did this on three additional windows, following their instructions to a T. However, when these three shades arrived, they were all too narrow by 1/4 inch.

Therefore, I had to make an extension on three different windows. I think that this is pretty poor. The instructions should be better written. All 3 window shades were too narrow by 1/4 inch! Incredible! That was the downside. The good part is that these light-filtering window shades are lovely. I had asked for samples ahead of time to get the color right. The shades are the perfect color and very soft with a woven consistency, even though they are plastic. The quality is good and the rolling mechanism is fine and easy to adjust. Select Blinds is one of the few places that still offers beautiful roller shades. You can buy room-darkening plastic roller shades at Home Depot, but they are cheap and terrible. For the cost of ~$30/shade, this is a good price for a lovely product. But please, people at Select Blinds, please rethink your instructions!

Resolution response: June 15, 2018

Less than a day after posting my initial review I was contacted by the customer care department, both via this website and my husband was contacted via phone. The representative my husband spoke with was EXTREMELY helpful and showed a genuine willingness to turn this experience around for us. And he did just that. He listened careful and with concern regarding the issues we have and discussed a fair resolution with my husband to resolve our problems. The mark of a good company is how they handle a situation when things go wrong, and I have to say that Select Blinds showed that they care about their customers and want us to be satisfied.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased 3 cartridge roller shades. Right out of the box 2 of the 3 did not roll up when tugged. For the cost of these shades they should be working perfectly out of the box. My husband and I were going to try to make them work even though our window frame is too shallow for them. We followed the measuring instructions to a T, but there was no part asking for a measurement for the window frame itself. I apparently wrongly assumed that the window shades would be universal size (because otherwise wouldn't they have asked for a measurement?? You'd think!).

I called customer service and there was nothing they were willing to do even though we had spent quite a bit of money on these shades. My husband called back about the issues with the shades not rolling up. They requested a video (even though the issue clearly is pretty cut and try - we're not idiots we know how to use a roller shade - it doesn't roll up there's not much more to it than that). Again unwilling to really do much. One customer service rep sent us a YouTube link to try to correct the issue. Why should I have to fix pricey shades with a youtube link the day I open them? Do not bother with this company. If something goes wrong (even if it's their fault) they are inflexible. We are out $200 as a result!

Resolution response: June 15, 2018

Spoke with Brody tonight about the situation and he was very helpful. He helped sort this out along with put in a review of the of the original customer service rep who was extremely rude. Hopefully that guy gets some training and uses this as a learning lesson. But thank you Brody.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I order 1 blackout vinyl signature roller shade. They came too wide for my window. Me and my husband both followed your instructions on measuring. You had 2 ways of measuring per the product page. The video showed measuring 3 places for width and height where the written instructions show to only measure the top. We have only windows that actually is more wide towards the bottom and less wide on top. So when we measured per the video the 3 measurements... we took the smallest measurement (which was the top) and was EXACTLY 32in. So that’s what we ordered. So right now the shade will fit the bottom/middle of the window but not the top where it’s supposed to be. It’s 1/2in off. Very minimal. The shade fits the window but the metal hardware on the shade is slightly too wide to fit in the brackets.

I first wrote into the chat and they basically told me they wouldn’t do anything but offer an “extreme” discount on a new shade and that I measured wrong. The “extreme” discount was basically the same price I paid originally. So I called in and spoke to the rudest man EVER! I tried explaining our windows are old and are harder to measure. Along with it saying how to measure 2 different ways. He kept telling me that if we measured the 3 width, I still would have had to take the smallest measurement which still would have been too big. What he didn’t get is our smallest measurement was actually the TOP and we confirmed it was 32 and is still measuring 32in. In so many words he basically said we didn’t measure right and made us feel dumb.

We tried going over measuring to make sure we did it correctly and still got 32in. He never once asked to see a picture/video of how our window is set up so that he could see what we were trying to say about it being a old window with a weird structure. What’s the point of ordering again for this extreme discount if it’s going to be wrong again? I even said, “I could measure my old shade then you guys could add in the deductions you take out”. But he wouldn’t hear that. I never felt so degraded from someone in customer service in my life. I still keep hearing him say over and over in his sarcastic tone, “All you gotta do is measure wall to wall... it’s not that hard.”

I hope it shows who I spoke to cause that guy is terrible. Oh and I also commented on how they have reviews on their website from people stating that they mis measured and got an exchange and had to screenshot to prove it. He basically called me a liar and never heard of that since he has been there. However we didn’t mis measure. So maybe your deductions weren’t right. Terrible company and now I’m stuck with this shade for no reason. Do Not Order from Them!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

When I ordered top down, bottom up pleated shades from Select Blinds, I anticipated a durable and user-friendly product and expected that the shades would hang level. However those anticipations and expectations were just that and the reality is I received pleated shades that are NOT durable or user-friendly and that DO NOT hang level. Unfortunately, I did not read company reviews prior to placing my order. After 4 months of emailing, I am now personally seeing and experiencing the bait and switch tactics that is so prevalent in reviews for their products and customer service. I would certainly recommend spending a little more to get a quality product. You will not get that from Select Blinds.

Select Blinds response

Original review: June 12, 2018

I ordered motorized blinds from this company last fall. First they sent me one that did not fit, they said I had measured incorrectly so they would not send me another but I had to pay for another blind with a small discount. I finally received the replacement blind weeks later. Now, nine months later, one of the blinds stopped working. FIVE calls and FIVE WEEKS later still no replacement. Constant runaround. I will NEVER buy another product from this company and I am spreading the word to my realtor friends and anyone who might be in a position order blinds. Clearly their 'five star ratings' on the company website are fraudulent advertising. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Select Blinds response

Original review: June 9, 2018

Ordered 4 shades in biscuit. Received, but the housing is pink. Called and they were happy to replace, for almost the same amount I paid originally. Customer service requested a picture, which I sent. Just received the response that they will not be replacing them. Yellow walls and pink housing is disgusting. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. Yes, they are inexpensive, but that's because their product is not as described and just plain ugly. Who puts a puce housing around a shade and not alert you to this random color choice. Just a reminder... DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY.

Select Blinds response

Original review: June 8, 2018

I carefully measured the width of my windows. I selected the shortest length (didn't need to enter anything specific). Then I selected the width and color on the order form. What I believe happened is that I changed the number of blinds to be purchased and the width returned to the automated minimal width. I was very upset when the blinds arrived and were 3 inches shorter in width than I had originally entered. There must be some glitch in the ordering format. I called and was informed that I couldn't return/exchange the blinds for the correct size.

Resolution response: June 13, 2018

I received a call from Select Blinds customer service manager. I was offered a 50% discount on new blinds or a $400 credit. I appreciated receiving a call from management. Although we were not able to completely agree. I agreed to take the $400 credit in order to resolve the concerns. I notice that the wording in the description have change; therefore, there would be less confusion next time when ordering.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I place an order of 14 blinds in ivory. When we received them, it was not what we ordered. The material of the shade was the right color but the frame (valance and all plastic parts were yellow). We make an initial phone call on May 31, 2018. As per our conversation with the representative, he asked for pictures and pictures were forwarded immediately. He indicated that the color of the plastic appeared old and yellowish. He did not foresee any problems changing them. He was going to call us back the same day or following day.

After 4 days and no one returning a call or message. Please advise on the status of our claim. I contacted Select Blinds again and after being on hold for an hour, the associate was rude and hang up the phone on me with no assistance. The picture of the blind in the internet on their web page shows the same blind with white valance and borders (plastic parts) not yellow. I think it is false advertisement, providing a picture that differs from the items, we received. Three of the pictures show what I received and two the actual color that I was expecting.

Dear Yngrid,

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am very upset with Select Blinds. I ordered blinds a month ago. Got them in and they were the wrong size. I did everything they asked of me. I emailed them pictures with the measurements and they determined that they did indeed send the wrong sizes. I honestly feel I should of been refunded my money since I did not have them send me new ones.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I recently ordered 2 separate bamboo blinds from Select Blinds. One was a cord mount, and the other was a cordless mount. I am very pleased with the cord mount blind (the mounting depth is 1 1/2" and the color is great, quality is great too). It fits nicely in my old 1920's window. The other blind (cordless mount) did not fit the depth of my window at all because the mounting width is 2 1/2"!!! This was not specified on the website at all. This makes a huge difference in how far it sticks out from the window (especially older windows that have extra interior molding). I ended up having to pay for a new blind with a cord, and was told to discard of the other blind (so wasteful!). It is a shame because I thought the quality of the blinds were great, and was looking to finish the rest of my house. This was a trial run and I was not satisfied. I learned my lesson about the cordless blind with this company, but will be going to another company in the future.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Several weeks ago I ordered 2 sets of extra-wide faux wood blinds for our sliding glass doors. The valances provided, which are supposed to attach with magnets, keep falling down. Our dog now barks at us every time we touch the blinds because he thinks something is going to fall on him! I requested replacement valances that attach with hooks - I can't tell if the problem is the many dents in these extra-wide headrails, which may keep the magnets from attaching securely, or just that the magnets are too weak to hold these wide, heavy valances. Over the past month their customer service has promised to send replacement valances twice. We have not received any replacements, and their customer service has now stopped responding to my emails and web inquiries. They should supply valances that attach with hooks for extra-wide blinds.

Resolution response: May 21, 2018

Select Blinds have resolved my issues and followed up multiple times to make the situation right. They seem to care but are overwhelmed at times it seems. Thank you for fixing the problems.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Blind valances came in cut wrong, missing pieces and one blind did not work. The customer service is non-existent. If you call and hold they never pick up. If you choose to have a call back they never call back. When you email them it takes them over 24 hours to return an email. The more info you provide them the more hoops you have to jump through until you give up. Save yourself the hassle and buy your blinds locally.

I sent pictures then they wanted a video. A video of the blinds not working. It is no different than the picture. I told them they could pick up the blind and replace it. No they want me take get a video recorder and record myself trying to pull on the blind and mail it to them. That is crazy. They now offer the same blinds today with 40% off plus an additional 20% off. I just wanted a problem fixed but it goes on day after day because you cannot talk to them on the phone even though they provide a phone number and it literally takes 24 hours per response. Please send call tags to pick up all the blinds and issue me a full refund. I should have just bought locally.

Select Blinds response

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ordered last night. Realized I messed up and am trying to get in contact with someone to correct. The 1-888 number says they are closed and open at 6 am mountain time. It is after 6. Still has same closed message. Tried the 480-302-5113. Was only able to leave message. I was going to buy at least 5 more sets of blinds from here but not anymore since I cannot get a hold of anyone.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I ordered from the site last night 4/11/17 at 10 PM. I had a change of mind and decided to cancel it but I could not cancel it that night. Since I could not reach anyone there after hours and their website cancel order does not work and ask me to contact them directly. I tried to cancel it the morning at 10 AM via their chat page but their chat page goes nowhere and I just received an email that they will get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. They have a policy on their webpage that said that they have a hold time of 24 hours before they process the order just in case you might want to change something on your order.

So when I called their customer service around 12:20 PM and ask for the cancelation they said that they will check if they can still cancel it since they've already send it in production at 2 AM. They will get back to me within 24 hours to see if they're able to cancel it. By that time I would expect that they can't cancel it anymore since it's already passed the 24 hour window. They also said that my order does not qualify for the 24 hour hold since it's a 1 to 3 day order production shipping. When I checked my email it says there that the expected shipping date is 4/16 which is 5 days from the day I purchased it on 4/11. They are scamming their buyers so you can't issue a refund or charge you with a restocking fee for cancelling your order.

Original review: April 9, 2018 I ordered 2 honeycomb blackout/light filtering shades. They both do not close properly, sag and are inconsistent. The shades also came with hardware that did not match what was on the website. The mounting brackets are visible and look tacky, we wouldn't have ordered them if we knew you could the mounting bracket.

Contacted them immediately via chat, and was told about an oops policy. If I wanted I could get 50% off of a replacement. We don't want a replacement. We simply want a refund.

Dear S,

Original review: April 6, 2018

When I order something that is 31", and you send me 33" this is already wrong. To fight me when I complain to PayPal after you didn`t reply properly, and to reply once on a Saturday holiday wknd phone call, and never hear from email/phone again is poor c/s. The customer service person was `Brodie.` I keep getting told I measured wrong. When I order an apple, I expect an apple not an orange. I order 31" and get 33", this is not an `allowance`. Then I am told `don`t count the outer frame of the arch` which ADDS another 4+ inches anyway to 37". I order 31, I expect 31. And having had multiple orders prior, you would think they would correct it right away. They fought me w/PayPal, and are hiding. All I want is a refund. I order 31" clearly on my receipt, I get 33" and am told I`m wrong.

I did not order 33" as is clear in my pic. I ordered 31". This is the WRONG size and I am getting nowhere with what I thought was a reputable company. Select Blinds - you need to refund this order at once and if you want the item back send a UPS/FDX call tag, b/c I already had a more reputable company attend to it.

I ordered 31" and you can see in the pic the item is 33" WITHOUT an outer frame and 37"+ with outer frame clearly wrong, clearly not what I ordered and yet you choose to fight me, give runaround answers, fight w/PayPal and keep claiming it`s a `custom order` and not refundable. Great it`s `custom` but YOU sent it wrong.

In addition, this Arch product is made in China, not Texas as they claim. It is a case goods product that they may start out with and cut down but they didn`t cut it down. The BOX says 33". The measurement says 33", my order says 31". If I order a blue car and get a red one, you can`t tell me it`s custom too bad. You need to refund and let the customer go.

Beware - This is MADE IN CHINA boxed product, not as custom as they claim, and I will make it my mission to get this corrected and publicized any way I can whether online or in person at their facility in Mesa. All they have to do is refund it at once and let the client go. They are misleading, providing false advertising and promises and trying to dodge their responsibility. All they need to do is let a regular client get his due refund for THEIR mistake, yet they risk consequences for a $184 order it doesn`t make send to me.

SO Brodie, and team, especially Brodie - step up to the plate now please, issue the refund and this goes away. I was told by email that if the measurement is `more than 32" in a picture` they will issue a refund. I sent the 33 & 37" picture, and still they fought PayPal and didn`t refund. So not only did they do all the above, they also reneged on their offer. In addition, why would the standard be 32", 1" more than ordered? That would still be a mistake on Select Blinds' part.

I order 31, get 33, get an email to show 32 and show 33 yet still a fight w/PayPal and fight w/me and very few if any replies. BRODIE BRODIE BRODIE and company - step up and do whats right, not whats wrong and risky.

Dear Louis,

Original review: March 28, 2018

Select Blinds shipped defective blinds for my kids bedroom. The blind is a combination of a blackout shade attached to a privacy shade. Select Blinds combined shades that were different sizes and as a result one shade bulges out over the other and there is a lack of consistency. (The depth of the blackout shade is different than the depth of the privacy shade.) All the online photos reflect the same depth when they two shades are combined. I emailed them about this problem however they refuse to fix the problem saying I can reorder shades under the oops policy and get 50% off my new order.

Dear Anna,

Original review: March 26, 2018

I ordered blinds for our new windows in January. When they were a week late I contacted them and was told there was a delay because of weather. Another could of weeks pass and I am told they had a delay getting materials but they would ship the next week. Another couple of weeks and they guaranteed they would ship the next week. And so on and so on. Now it is April before anything could ship. I said I would take a substitution and suggested something which appeared to have all the same features but a different profile. They said I would owe them $630.

If they were honest in the beginning and offered me a substitution with no additional charge I would be fine but instead I got the constant delays and misinformation (always promising next week). They had a chance to keep me as a happy customer and failed. I requested they elevate it to a higher authority and do it via email, but instead they had a customer service agent call again. They are not communicating properly and not taking ownership for their mistakes.

Dear Joe,

Resolution response: March 21, 2018

Select Blinds was able to remedy my situation on the same day I posted my negative review. My order has now been cancelled and my refund is forthcoming. The customer service after I posted my review was very good. I would consider shopping here again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

When I attempted to cancel my order due to the window depth not being correct, I contacted customer service and was told I would receive a cancellation confirmation the next day. I never heard anything so emailed the day after and was told my blinds had already been made and so the order could not be cancelled. Believe it or not, they then offered to sell me more blinds! What a joke.

Dear Sean,

Original review: March 20, 2018

Needed blinds to complete a house renovation, ordered 8 blinds on 2/6/2018 and received an email stating that some of my blinds would be on backorder until 2/14/2018. Date for backorder passed and no update email or change in status on their website. Went to online help and was told that they were in production, still no status change on website. Waited another week and called, was told that they needed to contact the factory to expedite the order and they would call me back, I was never contacted.

Contacted the company a 3rd time and was told that backordered materials were received and that my blind would be shipping in 3 days, still no status change on website, however I was emailed on 03/16/18 stating that my blinds would be on backorder till 04/01/18. They said that one of their trucks was in a bad storm and the materials were lost. I have ordered and received blinds from this company in the past, but this order has been a nightmare. Can't hold up project not having any idea of a delivery date. Had it with this company, they do not update status, misinform about status and I have lost trust in this company.

Dear Ricky,

Best Regards,

Select Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

• Best for: online shoppers and those with unique windows.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information

www.selectblinds.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business