2.90/5

164 Select Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I feel compelled to write this review to warn everyone about this company. Unfortunately I fell victim to disappointment just like a lot of other people did. Placed my order online and followed all their specific instructions about how to take measurements for each specific product. This is to take 3 measurements of the width of the window and round down to the shortest width to 1/8 of an inch.

I ordered faux wood blinds for my entire house and received all of them .75 of an inch shorter in width from what I ordered. So, after I already rounded down the size to fit my windows they rounded each one .75 of an inch more. Now all the windows are .75 of an inch shorter that they can barely stay on and they fall off. If I order a 46 inch in width blind I want a 46 inch blind, not 45.25… why would they tell you to round down and order the size you want and then they even do it more at their own opinion. I expected what I ordered!

I called customer service to report my findings. The person was apologetic but basically blames us for the short blinds even when I told them to read at their own website and check the instructions which I followed to place the order. Unbelievable! Then he suggested me to place a new order with the correct “same” measurements and he will make me a discount! Are you kidding me!!! Why do I have to reorder more blinds?!?? Just send me the specific size I ordered in the beginning not something that they think I should have ordered. It’s like ordering a large pizza and they send you a medium because they think it won’t fit in your stomach.

Brian was apologetic and said he would send me an email so that photos could be attached and a response would be forthcoming quickly. I did what was requested. I did receive an email rather quickly, but it was an autogenerated one that stated 24-48 hours for a proper response. My advice is for you to read some reviews and be your own judge if this company is worth the headache. Buy at Lowe's or Home Depot at least you know what you get is what it says in the box.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our product/service. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was surprised to get my order so soon, The color was perfect and they were the exact size that I needed. When my friends and family sold him they fell in love with him and I told him exactly where I got them in big Jack details and I think you’re going to get some as soon as they need.

Get expert buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Placed my order online and followed the questions asked. I ordered Black liners (on drop down menu to select liner color it does NOT state they don’t make black but yet have as an option) and sent the shades with white liners. First they tell me... "We ONLY make shades with white liners". (They said you have to go to two pages over and read fine print. Then why have option colors on liners on order tab.) After many emails and phone discussions they can now make my order as I wanted from the beginning.

They offered to remake and send shades with black liners but with white/tan pull cords. How tacky would this look? I told them this is unacceptable and they could have the shades back and to credit my card for amount of wasted money spent. They refused and advise me I can have an in-store credit... Really... You can’t fulfill my order as I need so why would I need a credit with this company? BEWARE. Shop elsewhere!!! Disputed the charge and my Credit card company stood behind me after I sent ALL emails to them.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with our service and product(s). I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds, and hopefully resolve the current troubles you are experiencing. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s).

Please don't hesitate to call me directly at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. I hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I feel compelled to write this review to warn others about this company. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework and have fallen victim to dissatisfaction. It has many low ratings as I've just discovered. Let me start by saying the online order process went smoothly. The email status notifications were timely. This brought hope to my wife as we waited for our arch shade to arrive. They arrived during the week rather quickly. About two weeks. I didn't open the package and waited for the weekend to install. I checked the hardware packing list and discovered that the wrong brackets were included. I called customer care to report my findings. The person was apologetic and ordered the correct brackets. They arrived 9 days later. Unbelievable.

The install was about to begin. I unpacked the arch only to discover that it was produced incorrectly according to their install instructions. Again I called customer care (lol). Brian was apologetic and said he would send me an email so that photos could be attached and a response would be forthcoming quickly. I did what was requested. I did receive an email rather quickly, but it was an auto generated one that stated 24-48 hours for a proper response. It was also was addressed to my email nickname (how funny). Folks I now understand the long hold times and the lengthy email correspondence as the so called customer care is quite busy resolving the many issues they must experiencing. My advice is for you to read some reviews and be your own judge if the discount is worth the aggravation.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

After I ordered my blinds and was having difficulty getting status I started to worry and looking over the internet to see the experience others had with the company. I know, I should have done so prior to the order. But, it was too late for that. Anyway, I received my blinds right on the schedule that was provided when I ordered them, I just had trouble getting shipping status from the company. I received the blinds, they were just as ordered (I followed the directions on the site to obtain the measurements).

I installed them and they look great and seem to be a quality product. Only time will tell. So, I wanted to write a review to let others know that I had a positive experience with this company. Communication could have been better, but it would not prevent me from ordering again. I got large verticals (111 x 80) for $271 dollars shipped to my house. It was double that at local stores. I'm in Detroit, Michigan and do not work for nor have any relationship to the company. I simply wanted to write this because people seem quick to write bad reviews, but not good ones. Your mileage may vary. Best of luck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had ordered an entire house full of top down bottom up cellular blinds in 2013. The quality was fairly nice. I just ordered the same blinds in May 2018 and there is no quality. The are poorly made, they don't stay level, the hanging brackets are junk as are the pull tabs. Customer service is a JOKE. After waiting 2 hours for a callback you then have to send photos, wait a day to be told "no refunds, but a discount on your next order." Why would I reorder high priced junk. I am thoroughly disgusted at the waste of money. NEVER AGAIN.

Select Blinds response

I sincerely apologize for the experience you have had with your recent purchase. On behalf of Select Blinds, I would like to dig deeper into this issue, and work with you toward a happy resolution. The last thing we want is for you to be unsatisfied with your products, and your customer service.

Please feel free to call be directly at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029; I would love to speak with you, and help in every way I can.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I ordered 10 custom wood blinds. 8 were cut correctly, while 1 was too long and 1 was too short. They asked for photos to be sent to them 3 different times and the photos took at least a half hour to do each time. These photos were sent each time and they still were not happy. I remeasured the blinds, counted the slats, and offered to send the blinds back. They refuse to admit they made a mistake. DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THEM! THEY WILL FIGHT YOU! THEY WILL NOT ADMIT THEIR MISTAKE!

Select Blinds response

I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. The last thing we want is for you to be unhappy with your service and products. I certainly can accommodate you for the issues you were having, and I hope to turn this negative experience around.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly, and I will do all I can to make matters improve: 888-257-1840, ext. 0029.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We paid $250 for two custom Roman Shades, when we received them I found the mounting holes to be misaligned by a 1/4” meaning the shades would be crooked in the window. Customer service made me send them a picture, then told me they couldn't open a .jpg file so I had to resend them pictures. A week later I get a response that they have an error tolerance of 50 mm - that's nearly a 10% margin of error! When I told them that was unacceptable they suggested I try drilling new holes myself. So if you are happy with buying a custom product that is 10% out of spec and you have to finish building yourself this is the place for you! The only saving Grace was that we only ordered the 2 to try this company out. We bought the other 10 we needed at Pottery Barn, still too expensive but their holes were drilled straight.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with our service and product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and items. Please don't hesitate to contact me so we can review possible options: 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. I hope to be able to work with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Ordered a honeycomb blind and couldn't make sense of the installation instructions which were poorly drawn and very small. I had to use a magnifying glass and even then, the perspective was unclear. I looked for installation videos online but could only find something very generic which didn't help me understand in detail. To their credit, the customer service didn't abandon me and eventually, after I sent a photo via email, they determined that I was attempting to insert the bracket in the bottom of the blind assembly instead of the top. (It's not labeled anywhere TOP or BOTTOM - seems like that would be easy enough to do to make it easier for DIY homeowners.)

Now, I've finally got the blinds installed. It's not the original product that I wanted. They sent me a different product after my initial attempt to install failed - when instead they could've accurately diagnosed the problem and saved me and them much time and expense. Once when I called in during the middle of a weekday, their phone system was "offline" for about an hour. And then on a Saturday, I called and it said they were closed, when the hours on their website clearly indicated they should be open. I suspect I will be happy with their product in the long run, but disappointed that I had to spend so much time - half a dozen phone calls, several email, several hours fussing with crappy instructions - trying to get their product to work.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered a shutter and blinds for our newly remodeled house. The kitchen shutter needs to be slightly bigger and the color doesn't look good with the cabinets in person. I called customer service and they told me because I didn't take out the special warranty they would not take the product back when their website clearly says 100 percent satisfaction. This is clearly a lie. DO NOT BUY from this company. They do not stand behind their guarantee/promise.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with our service and shutter(s). I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s). Most importantly, I hope to be able to offer you options to resolve this matter, so please don't hesitate to contact me at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. I look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I can't believe how helpful this company is! They stand behind their products and are a real pleasure to deal with. We had blinds done for our kitchen and will now be purchasing blinds for the whole house. We purchased the Signature Light Filtering Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Shades. Great blinds and a good price!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I almost never take the time to write a review but the customer service experience I had with Select Blinds was truly terrible enough to warrant it. My wife and I purchased over $1500 in window shades, excited by the 40% off sale. Not only did it take over 3 weeks to receive our order, we were shocked to find that the larger of the two shades had way more color variation than was represented in the sample (which we loved, and deliberately chose for its simplicity).

Upon calling and emailing Select Blinds we were told that the color was "correct" and they generously offered to "let us keep the items for $200". In short, the samples cannot be trusted. Shipping takes forever and customer service is horrendous, bordering on ridiculous. We will never order from Select Blinds again, nor refer them to anyone we know. For the record, we ordered new shades from a competitor and they were cheaper, better made, and matched the sample 100% - and we received them in 3 days.

Hello Alex,

I'm sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with our service and your product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both our service and our products. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly so we can discuss some options. My phone number is 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. I hope to speak with you soon! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2018

A company representative contacted me regarding this issue and offered to replace all of the shades that had failed (6 of 9 by then). He was also kind enough to delay the shipment so that the new ones would not arrive while I was away on vacation.

I received the replacements today and was very happy to be able to simply snap them onto the existing brackets. While the possibility remains that the same problem could happen to these shades, I am very appreciative of the company's response to my complaint. I could not have asked for more. Thank you for providing excellent customer service!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I purchased 8 cellular shades from Select Blinds in November of 2014 to replace Graber cellular shades that I had for more than 20 years. The Grabers were still working but had faded and the color no longer matched my new color scheme. Of the 8 shades from Select Blinds, 4 of them have multiple rips across the ridges. Today, one of them broke off completely. These have been very gently used by me alone, raising them halfway in the morning and lowering at night. Two of them are rarely moved at all as they are on side windows yet numerous cells on them are ripped all the way across. I've called and left a message on your Customer Service Line and would appreciate a response.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with your product. I would like to work with you to replace these items under warranty. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with the product you have had in your home. Hopefully I can help turn around this negative experience, so please don't hesitate to contact me at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029, so I can offer you options. I look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I ordered wood blinds, cellular and a vertical cellular for my entire house. First, the wood blinds - none of the hang straight. They don't look bad when all the way down but when rising them to have a window open, they are all crooked. Also, with just opening and shutting, the paint has chipped and a few of the slats have cracked. Please note, I am extremely careful with them - this is NOT from abuse. I ordered the vertical slide over two months ago and after many phone calls (extremely long hold times), we finally got the proper hardware to hang it.

It is up, however, we have a piece of plastic hanging that no one can explain what to do with, what it is or how to correct it. We cannot get the shade to stay open due to this hanging component as it is prohibiting us from tightening the tension. Support sent us an installation video and it must be old because the video and the blind we received are different. I paid close to $800 for this shade and it has been a nightmare! I highly recommend using a local dealership and not deal with an on-line shade store. Or, at least, stay away from Select Blinds!

Updated on 08/31/2018: I previously wrote a review and a representative of Select Blinds responded asking for me to supply my order numbers and contact information. That was supplied via email immediately along with photographs of our issues. I have not received a response. My husband has called the representative and left a message twice and we have not received a return phone call. It is obvious that they have no interest in assisting us or at a loss to help us so are ignoring our calls and emails. I have spent $2,386.57 in the past several months with Select Blinds and I can without a doubt warn you to stay away from this company. Our wood blinds all hang unevenly, which I have contacted them about and again received no response.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfied with our service and your product. I would like to work with you to change your opinion about Select Blinds. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and items. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We needed help with our order so we used the live chat feature which was very helpful. The representative's name is David and he did a great job walking us through our transaction! The shades are beautiful!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We ordered an entire house full of blinds from Select Blinds two years ago. We had several that came with the buttons that are supposed to release the blinds down that didn't work. No problem, they sent replacements. Recently, we had one that had warped. They asked for photos which we supplied. The replacement blind arrived but the button doesn't work. Sigh. I contacted them and now they want a video. Seriously? This is a rental that we own and is out of town. I feel Select Blinds should send the replacement as they sent out a faulty blind and should not make us jump through all sorts of hoops to make that happen. They will make your life very difficult if you push them to honor their guarantee. I will not work with them ever again. Their products are junk besides. We've had problems with over half the blinds we ordered. Such a total headache.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfied with our service and your product. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with your purchase. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The people on the chat lie. They tell you that someone will call you back and they never call back. If you call, they say to enter your phone number and they will call you back, no way. If you call and press '4' you are put in a dead pool where you are never answered. THEY ARE THE WORST ECOMMERCE COMPANY EVER! Stay away, you be glad you did.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Friendly service. The sales rep was knowledgeable over the phone and prices could not be beat by anyone! Free samples for indecisive customers like myself. I ordered cellular shades for all four of my upstairs windows to help reduce the heat in my rooms during Las Vegas summers.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We placed an order for 8 total inside mount blinds (2 blackout /6 wooden Blinds) through the selectblinds.com site. Total order was +$700. The blinds shipped quickly, however once received, 4 of the 6 wooden blinds were damaged in shipping! My wife called Customer Service who told us to submit pictures of the damaged products, which once received and verified, would allow them to go into production of replacements, and we should hold on to the damaged units for an indefinite amount of time, TBD at a later date. We don't have a large house, and the boxes took up a lot of space, so this was an inconvenience, but not the worst thing, so I let it be and wanted to be done with the experience.

Not to mention that all of this was happening days before we went on vacation for a week, and had the products come then and we didn't file a complaint in X amount of days, they wouldn't honor it...what if the products were received while we were away?!! Several days later and after another phone call or two to check status, we received only 2 of the 4 damaged blinds, so I called to inquire and was told they didn't know they needed to replace all 4 although they had pictures and a filed complaint on all 4, but then the guy I was speaking to put me on hold and spoke with the first person my wife connected with and acknowledged the need for the additional 2 replacement units; I was told production would have to wait an additional 7-10 business days, so it's now been over a month since my first order, and I don't have everything I purchased.

Re shipping: although the product was shipped in a long box (shape and opening function similar to a tin foil box you'd buy at the grocery store) it only had thin pieces of packing tape securing the sides together (see images)! Not very secure! During the call to inquire about the (still) missing 2 units, I made reference to the shipping and asked for a courtesy discount for my issues to date only to be told that the shipping damage wasn't their problem (again, 3 pieces of tape to seal the box shut), and if wanted to be compensated for the delays that I should, 'call FedEx'. I felt like they already had my money, so why do they need to do anything to make me happy after the fact? If you read some of the other complaints below, I'm not the only one who has been treated this way.

There were a few other issues I addressed with them regarding fit and finish of the valances, and again I was told it was my problem and I had to spend more money to fix it. I've ordered from Select Blinds and blinds.com in the past, and spoken with both during my most recent order process and I have to say, blinds.com has a much better customer experience, and I will NEVER use Select Blinds again even if they are a better price.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfied with our service and your product. I would like to work with you to resolve these issues, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s). Please do not hesitate to reach me at (888)-257-1840, ext 0029.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We received blinds that were not the correct ones that I thought I ordered. On top of that some of the blinds have wrinkles in them and were shipped in a box that looks like it has been used numerous times. I called customer service and they were extremely condescending. She took about 20 minutes to tell me how I made this mistake and basically called me ignorant. I did not appreciate being talked down to. Customer service had a final solution to charge me $300 if I wanted to exchange the wrong blinds for the correct ones. The funny part was she told me she was doing me a favor of charging me that instead of $500. I am glad I only did my downstairs because I have 15 more windows needing blinds and I will not be going through this company.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your experience with our customer service team, and your order. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (888) 257 1840, ext 0029.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Purchased blinds after being referred by a family member. Purchased 10 blinds for every window in our household in December 2014. It is now July 2018 and my husband has been in contact with this company about this issue. The cords used are fraying, these blinds are just shy over 3 years old. Poor quality. We have other blinds in our household that were a heck of a lot cheaper and they have lasted the 7 years we have lived here. Had trouble in the beginning with our order being filled, one window blind had to be sent back because of their error and trying to get a replacement back then was a nightmare.

Now we were told after contacting them we would hear back from someone about a possible replacement for the two blinds out of the 8 that have fraying cords. That was 8 days ago. No follow up, nothing. No replacements sent. They offer a "limited 3 year warranty". Now I know why. I guess if they truly stood by their product they would be offering something more than a limited warranty. Let's see how the other 8 last, once they go, I can promise you there will never be another product in my house from Select Blinds again. The second blind broke tonight, 8 days from the day this company was told about the first one. Do yourselves a favor, take your business elsewhere unless they have a QC department that can answer questions and guarantee their product it isn't worth your time. Pricey, for poor quality.

Select Blinds response

Original review: July 14, 2018

Don't get too excited about the huge discounts they advertise. These are basically jacked up prices with huge discounts applied just to get the product back to the same price as most of their online competitors selling generic brand blinds and shades. At first I was quite excited to see the discounts myself, but here's how their sales process goes down: Fill out a large order online, but think about it for a day while the fabric materials arrive for you to evaluate. We were ordering 25 shades with full home automation, so a fairly large order. The next day wake up and realize your "sale price" has changed dramatically as their "24 hour rush deals" expire and a new deal is applied. By dramatically I mean 2-3K overnight increases.

Then expect an email from a sales rep most likely working on commission that gives you a better offer. Similar to a used car salesman, when you indicate you still need to think about it and the price is a bit higher than you expected compared to competitors etc the sales rep claims to go talk to their manager and comes back with a few extra savings and bumps up the standard 3yr warranty to a 5yr warranty for free. OOOH now we're talking, this is looking good... they keep lowering their prices and throwing in extra free stuff. So basically, don't trust your initial online quote as it's not even close to their best pricing.

Think about it, get ready to pull the trigger on the order and then realize they have an additional coupon section to apply to your order at checkout. Google some coupon codes for extra savings and wow, now my price looks really good. Keep in mind there are literally 100's of various coupon codes out there for this site. So I tried nearly every combination possible to get the best price I could. Some would apply to the order and others would indicate this code cannot be applied to this order.

When I finally settled on the best combo of discounts I could get and that applied to my ordered, I searched the site high and low regarding the coupon codes and it basically said, "If you see a price you like, you should buy right away because we can only guarantee pricing for 24 hours as the market is highly competitive." And this is very true... if you wait more than 24 hours your price will start to climb up again and a sales rep will call or email you back with a "better price".

So my sales rep was in my order as I am applying the discounts apparently, because at this same time I got another message that said he thinks he can meet my price expectations and provide additional bonuses, but these can ONLY be applied if I called him directly and placed the order over the phone. Shady business. Realize your sales rep was serious, because they deleted ALL of your discount codes in your cart and blocked your ability to get the "daily deals" any longer. Have your wife create an account and put in the exact same order with the exact same discounts and place the order. Get a call from Select Blinds claiming you're trying to scam them by googling coupon codes. Explain the details and get a message that they will call back later.

Get the call back and they indicate the order is on-hold and they have applied an additional $4k balance to the price we had already paid. When asking why, they said, "System was broken and you shouldn't have been able to get all of those coupon codes." OK so where does it say I cannot stack these codes, in fact I looked and your site says, "Get as many as you can as fast as you can." "Yeah, sorry our system was wrong. We are going to fix it. But in the meantime, you owe us another 4K before we ship your order." "Where's the 4K extra coming from?" "Oh well that was the last price our commission based sales rep was going to give you..."

Cancel order and go to any one of the other 100's of online blind suppliers that don't have shady commission based sales tactics, and as it turns out had better fabric choices and were more competitively priced. So in short, don't fall in love with the initial jubilation of saving thousands of dollars on your blinds. It's a simple sales trick. Make sure you shop around. Their sales reps here must be on commission as they don't give best price online anyway and will follow up with a "better price" and won't honor their online price anyway if you apply coupon codes that they determine don't match their sales reps "best deal". And if you try to beat their deal, they will manually delete your coupons in the order and tell you the only way to get a deal is to call them direct. Shady Shades for certain.

Select Blinds response

We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Although our sales staff does not receive a commission, it is understandable that our changing discounts and promotions will cause confusion. I hope to be able to improve your opinion of Select Blinds; perhaps I can be of further assistance. Please feel free to call me directly at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029, and I would be happy to speak with you on this. In the mean time, have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I finally received the second part of my order. The first part of my order was completely off on the color, Select Blinds said, "Sorry no refund, no exchange, no help." Now I have my vertical blinds in, they look good. Problem is they do not open, they barely open a quarter of an inch. Including two images one of them closed and one of them open. I have watched their YouTube videos and walked through instructions multiple times, my blinds are not out of alignment they simply do not open. SelectBlinds sends defective products and completely wrong colors according to their samples and then offers no refund, exchange or any help whatsoever!

Hello Stephanie,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you have had, we absolutely can assist you with replacing the track for the defective tilting, and I'm confident that we can work with you on the color issue. I hope to be able to change your opinion of Select Blinds, as I know we can make this better. Please don't hesitate to call me at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. Thank you for your patience!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Received my order after 2 weeks. I ordered 5 blinds total. Out of the box, one of the blinds has a non-functional cordless lift and with a hole at the bottom. One blind has a missing wand. 2 out of the 5 valances have broken magnets in the back. The worst experience is that no one answers their customer service line. I would give 4 or even 5 stars if they have someone answers the phone (or live chat) and send me replacements quickly.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfied with our service and your damaged products.The last thing we wish to happen is for you to have your order, but feel unsatisfied with both service and item(s). I'd like to change your opinion of our service, as I feel these issues can be resolved in a quick and efficient manner! Please feel free to contact me directly at 888-257-1840, ext. 0029. Thank you!

Original review: July 7, 2018

When I ordered online I ordered 110" x 83" vertical blinds. I received 24" x 36" blinds. I contacted customer service and was basically told, "Your mistake. Nonrefundable." I don't believe I was the one who made the mistake yet I have to eat the cost of the blinds. I was offered a discount on a new set of blinds at a cost 3 times higher than another company's full price. I'm a contractor and if I ran my business this way I'd be out of business in no time at all. How can Select Blinds state satisfaction guaranteed??? I've already purchased through the other company and will have my blinds in 48 hours vs the 3 weeks plus it took Select Blinds to get me the wrong order.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. (480) 302 5113.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Unfortunately I have ordered 4 of these Cellular cordless blinds. Once you actually get them in these ridiculous brackets, they look great and operate smoothly. I've looked online for instructions and have found many others with this same issue. If I can't get this resolved, I will return them or take them to small claims court and sue. I consider myself a very competent handyman but no matter what I do, I cannot get them to snap into place. These brackets are ridiculously stupid in design and function. I could go on. I loathe profanity.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The service I received from Jacob at Select Blinds was probably one of the best experiences I have received from an online company. He was gracious from beginning to end. Answering my questions, allowing me to take measurements, emailing when I had questions. He Was professional and approachable at the same time. Samples came quickly. I am excited to receive our blind we ordered. It is an oversized window so once we receive it, I'll post another review hopefully with elation. Lol. The pricing and what I've seen per samples re: quality make this all beyond fabulous! Thank you Jacob for being patient with me! Grateful.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered an entire floor of light filtering shades for my new home. One of the shades was damaged by my three year old so I went to order a replacement. My color was nowhere to be found which means to replace one damaged shade I will have to replace all five windows in that room so that they match. When speaking to the customer service rep they said it was "unfortunately discontinued".

I ordered the shades two months ago. Certainly they knew two months ago that they were discontinuing that color and they could have notified me or put a notification on the website so that I could have ordered a color that was going to remain in stock. That to me is very bad customer service and that as a paying customer I should expect that I can replace like for like with a product in a longer time frame than two months! My recommendation is not to order online but call a customer service rep and ask them if they plan to discontinue the color as these blinds don't last forever and now I am in a real pickle and cannot afford to replace the whole room.

Select Blinds response

I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with our service. I believe we can find a way to resolve this; I would like to work with you to resolve this issue, and hopefully change your opinion about Select Blinds. Additionally, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach me. My phone number is 888-257-1840 ext. 0029.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This is the second order that I have made with Select Blinds. First, I ordered two light-filtering roller shades. When they arrived, one fit one window, and one was too narrow, so I had to add a piece of metal to force the hardware to stick out further from the window frame. After that experience, I learned that I should be VERY careful measuring the window frames. I did this on three additional windows, following their instructions to a T. However, when these three shades arrived, they were all too narrow by 1/4 inch.

Therefore, I had to make an extension on three different windows. I think that this is pretty poor. The instructions should be better written. All 3 window shades were too narrow by 1/4 inch! Incredible! That was the downside. The good part is that these light-filtering window shades are lovely. I had asked for samples ahead of time to get the color right. The shades are the perfect color and very soft with a woven consistency, even though they are plastic. The quality is good and the rolling mechanism is fine and easy to adjust. Select Blinds is one of the few places that still offers beautiful roller shades. You can buy room-darkening plastic roller shades at Home Depot, but they are cheap and terrible. For the cost of ~$30/shade, this is a good price for a lovely product. But please, people at Select Blinds, please rethink your instructions!

Resolution response: June 15, 2018

Less than a day after posting my initial review I was contacted by the customer care department, both via this website and my husband was contacted via phone. The representative my husband spoke with was EXTREMELY helpful and showed a genuine willingness to turn this experience around for us. And he did just that. He listened careful and with concern regarding the issues we have and discussed a fair resolution with my husband to resolve our problems. The mark of a good company is how they handle a situation when things go wrong, and I have to say that Select Blinds showed that they care about their customers and want us to be satisfied.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased 3 cartridge roller shades. Right out of the box 2 of the 3 did not roll up when tugged. For the cost of these shades they should be working perfectly out of the box. My husband and I were going to try to make them work even though our window frame is too shallow for them. We followed the measuring instructions to a T, but there was no part asking for a measurement for the window frame itself. I apparently wrongly assumed that the window shades would be universal size (because otherwise wouldn't they have asked for a measurement?? You'd think!).

I called customer service and there was nothing they were willing to do even though we had spent quite a bit of money on these shades. My husband called back about the issues with the shades not rolling up. They requested a video (even though the issue clearly is pretty cut and try - we're not idiots we know how to use a roller shade - it doesn't roll up there's not much more to it than that). Again unwilling to really do much. One customer service rep sent us a YouTube link to try to correct the issue. Why should I have to fix pricey shades with a youtube link the day I open them? Do not bother with this company. If something goes wrong (even if it's their fault) they are inflexible. We are out $200 as a result!

Select Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

• Best for: online shoppers and those with unique windows.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information