3.9/5 (118 ratings)

Need help with window treatments

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Select Blinds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: March 23, 2022

The blind I ordered kept popping up after I had extended it to the max of its ability. The company requires a video to submit a claim that is less than 4 MB, I could not accommodate. So when I called the third time, Rovena understood my frustration and replace the blind for me. I was grateful that I didn't have to spend any more time on this issue. I have ordered multiple blinds from this company and never had had an issue. So it must have been a fluke.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Ordering online with the help of Rovena ** made things simple. The ordering system the company has is the best I have ever seen. Installation instructions for all products is great. We ordered samples of the colors and they were sent out in two days! The final order and payment was very easy with the help of Brett. My wife and I was very impressed with the company from the start to the finish. Great customer service and we are very excited to receive our shades. We would recommend Select Blinds to anyone ordering blinds or shades.

Select Blinds response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us thank you for choosing Select Blinds!

Get buying tips about Blinds and Window Treatments delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Due to a measurement error, three of the honeycomb shades I ordered did not fit in the windows. One shade was finally replaced under the FIT guarantee, but for an unknown reason the order was cancelled. Four weeks after my initial call and discussion, I was able to contact Customer Service to discuss again to find out the status of the three shades. Unfortunately, no one followed up with me during this time. The second issue was that two of the shades were damaged during shipping. Primarily because there was not enough packing material in the box so the four shades were able to easily move around inside the box.

In less than two days, Marisela in Customer Service was able to get the FIT guarantee order placed and work with the Production Manger to get an account credit issued so I could finally replace the two damaged shades, and in the correct dimensions. Marisela went above and beyond to get this situation sorted out. She went down to the Production Manager's office so she could explain to him, face to face, what the issue was and the best way to remedy it. Marisela then called me to explain how Select Blinds planned to solve this. I was able to receive the account credit a short time later and plan to order the two new shades very soon.

I previously worked for a manufacturing company that was successful because of its Excellent Customer Service policy and culture. Marisela exudes Excellent Customer Service. I will definitely recommend Select Blinds to friends and family and I will purchase window coverings from them in the future when the opportunity arises. Thank you!

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear our customer service team was able to help you out with the issues you experienced.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I didn't measure one of my windows correctly. Not sure what I was thinking. However, when the one (of 8) blinds I ordered didn't fit into my window space, I called the company to reorder that window blind. Rovena answered and was the nicest, most helpful customer service agent I have ever spoken to. She is friendly, professional, helpful, and told appropriate but funny story. I would love to meet her sometime. On another awesome and positive note, Select Blinds remakes the new blind and just a 10.00 charge to me. Who does this??? It was MY mistake, but they accepted that, and still only charged me $10.00 to replace the blind.

Love, Love, Love this company. Oh, yes. Their prices are extremely fair. They have budget blinds (I ordered those for the area I'm using them in), but they're very nice quality and are made of fabric. I have bought more expensive ones for other areas, and they are awesome!!! Thank you Select Blinds. P.S. Please give Rovena a raise. She certainly deserves it!

Select Blinds response

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear our customer service team was able to help you out.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I have ordered 4+ times from this co over the last 5 years. Top down pleated & reg pleated shades & vertical blinds - All have been perfect. I am online now to order more. Even got some for my daughter's home. Good quality, all as I measured. My 16 yr old faux wood blinds from other companies are failing & I have been replacing - These are not lifetime products - don't expect that.

Select Blinds response

It is truly our pleasure thank you some much for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Best customer service agent I have had in a long time. Tatiana ** was articulate and knowledgeable. A great help for sure. Still waiting on blinds, but Tatiana was able to provide me a good deal of info.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I ordered 4 motorized blinds for my yacht. Within 6 months one of the motors stopped working. This company says the warranty is good for 3 years. Don't believe them. They won't stand behind their product. I filed a claim and was denied. They said I needed to send a video of the reason it won't work. IT'S NOT WORKING! Stay away from this company. Too many others out there that stand by what they sell.

Hello Dan,

We apologize for your Blackout Cellular Shades not working the way they should. If you can send a video of them not working so we can show our vendor and can process a possible warranty remake. My job is to make sure our customers are given 5-star service and that any mistakes made on our end are made right for you.

My name is Brian Royston, and I am Select Blind's brand ambassador. I'm interested in what we can do to make this right for you.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I do not recommend this company. The pictures don’t represent the quality. The colors aren’t the same either. I was told it was my fault because I didn’t order a sample. I spent over $1000 on this order and I can’t even do an exchange.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I called about an order I had placed this morning and Maricella R. was extremely helpful in answering all my questions and assisting me with my order! She adjusted my window measurements and walked me through the pros and cons of a few different options. I will definitely be using them again for custom blinds!

Original review: April 6, 2022

We ordered blinds for a new house, 14 in total. We measured the openings exactly. First, the blinds were delivered damaged. The bands holding the boxes together ripped the boxes and damaged the headrails. Upon measuring the blinds some are 1/2" - 3/4" too short. They do not fully cover the windows. I called to discuss this and they refused to replace anything but the blinds that were damaged. They blamed me and said the website makes it clear they cut off 1/2" or more from your measurements and I misread their site. The rep continued to blame me for them not fitting. Their site also specifically states "If there is a defect in a product’s material, workmanship or it was not made to the same size and specifications you ordered, we promise to resolve the issue at no cost to you for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. We even pay for shipping!"

When I referred to this guarantee, I was told that I was misunderstanding this too. Upon further review, the guarantees on their site are full of contradicting statements. I was told if I wanted the blinds remade with the measurements I ordered I would have to pay an amount that was about 25% less than the original order. This is not a satisfaction guarantee. Do NOT do business with this company unless you are comfortable losing your money and being stuck with a product that may not fit. I am beyond disappointed, they could have had a loyal customer that would have ordered from them many times over.

Hello Audrey,

We are sorry to hear your Faux Wood Blinds came damaged and not what you expected. Yes, it is true, all of our products are custom made here at Select Blinds, for this reason, if you happen to make a mistake when placing your order we do not accept exchanges or returns. I see we are remaking 2 of the blinds, but I wanted to ask if you could take pictures of the blinds that you stated are not the right measurements being measured so I can see what the dimensions are?

Select Blinds author review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information