4.03/5
  • 1 star
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Select Blinds

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

105 Select Blinds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Seriously the worst! If you have a simple project, they're okay. But if you have something complex, their instructions are inaccurate and they refuse to be accountable for misleading information. A complex problem gets moved over to email, and they take four days to respond with a cut a paste reiteration of what they already said. Customer services seem to have no understanding of how their own hardware works or what their measurement instructions entail. I just wasted almost $700 here.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I ordered woven wooden shades from Select Blinds back in September. I was debating between cordless lift and motorized. Before making my decision, I asked their customer service rep how long the battery life lasts on motorized blinds. I was told approximately 1 year. Given that information, I went ahead and paid extra for the motorized blinds. However, once they arrived they stopped working within one month. I was told by their tech team to replace the batteries and see if that works. They had to be lithium batteries and each blind takes 8 batteries. We have 11 motorized blinds in our house so that cost about $200 to replace all of the batteries.

One month later, they were dead again and 1 had twisted the motorized cord up and cut into it (pictured here). I called Select Blinds and they replaced them for the cordless, and I am very grateful for that. However, they refuse to reimburse me for the difference in price, which is around $4,000 extra for motorized vs cordless. Not only are we out that extra money, but we had to buy batteries twice ($400) and now pay a professional person to come install again ($250) since the set up is different. Overall they are quick to respond and are seemingly helpful but I am completely shocked they will not reimburse us for the difference, seeing as the motorized blinds would not work properly. I would never had ordered motorized if I had known they would die each month and I am quite upset since I was given false information when ordering which in turn has cost us an extra $4600. I would avoid this company or 100% do not order motorized blinds from them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My first set of blinds arrived with one broken valance. No issues with Select Blinds to replace it. The second came and that was broken, too (the USP for sure both times) and again, SB replaced them without issue. After all 6 blinds were installed and only months later did I discover two blinds were too short to flip up properly. I called them, sent a short video proving that they were missing a few slats and on the same day, SB rectified it with confirming that two replacements will be sent out asap. Great product. Great company. Great prices and great customer service topped with a company standing behind their products. BTW I ordered 6 more blinds for my other home. Did I mention how well they are made?

Resolution response: Dec. 19, 2017

I am happy to report that SelectBlinds reached out to me to make my order right. They contacted me right away and have shown exemplary customer service. Thank you Katie and SelectBlinds for providing 'old fashioned' service and assistance!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The blind itself is fine but a single 35" blind has FOUR cords on ONE side?? It looks awful. Very cluttered. I ordered blinds from Home Depot and all of them - regardless of width - have only 1 cord. I had to order from Select Blinds to get a custom (shorter) length. I would return these if I could. They are very unattractive and not as pictured. Yes, you can get them cordless but my other corded blinds only have ONE cord (to raise/lower). These will tangle easily and just look BAD. I'm embarrassed to hang them but I can't return them and I can't afford to throw them away. VERY dissatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have used Select Blinds.com for several years and have purchased over 100 blinds for 6 houses. I have never had any of the problems described by other reviews. They have always honored their warranty and the blinds have always fit, with the exception of when I gave the wrong measurements. They promptly send me new shades the correct size. I have also referred many of my friends and clients to them also. Never had any bad feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Blinds?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have tried calling Customer Service 4 times and each time on hold for over 20 minutes (due to incredibly high call volume regardless of time of day). When asked to put in my callback number, I did and never received the callback. I had an issue with an order and could not get help! I tried live chat and said they would look at my order and email me an update. Never received the email. It has now been a month that they charged me for 2 custom blinds that haven’t been sent. Do not buy from them. Horrible customer service. If you have issues with your order, you are out of luck because you simply cannot get ahold of anyone to help.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

During the purchase of 8 faux woods blinds for the house the contact person I had misunderstanding about the time allowed to change some of the purchase as I had not received my samples. When I got the samples I contacted Select Blinds to find out the blinds had already been sent to me. At that point I was quite perplexed. But after they reviewed the phone call they completely stood by my order and are sending 2 new blinds at no cost to me and the 2 I have are mine to keep! The salesperson was named D.J. and he was very helpful and kind. The extension number to contact him is **!! They were very understanding and accommodating.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased two shutters for large windows last year - they looked good and were easy to install. Therefore, I purchased two more shutters for my boys' rooms - same size windows in each room. The first shutters fit great even though the T-frame angle in the top left corner was a little off. Overall-good. I then go to install the second shutter - this is when my problems started. The shutter frame barely fit within the frame - there was no play like all other shutters that I installed. Further, the white piece of wood that goes between the frame behind the shutter was too long. This was my first indication that these shutters were not made to the size I requested.

I installed the shutters and the top fit, but when all four panels of the shutters were installed they were too big and could not be shut. Please remember there is no play in the frame to adjust this. I installed the shutters Sunday night so I had to wait until Monday morning (November 13, 2017) to call. I called first thing in the morning and waited on hold for over half an hour. When I finally got through to a representative I was told she didn't work on shutter and someone would call me back that day - a week later now Saturday November 18th and I have never received a callback. In addition, to calling I also sent an email message on Monday November 13th.

On Wednesday November 15th I received my first response. I was assured that the mistake would be corrected but they needed to confirm that the measurement was correct. So, I immediately sent them a message showing that the length was 71 inches as indicated in my order and I also sent them a picture of how the shutters did not fit and further sent them my original order details. No response until FRIDAY November 17th. At this point then send me a video on how to rack the shutters. This requires movement of the underlying frame which I cannot do because there is no play in the frame AT ALL.

So now I am absolutely disgusted. A week after installation and no return phone call - my son cannot sleep because he does not have shutters that fit properly and we took down the coverings we previously had. At this point, they haven't even shipped me the new shutters that was promised. Based on my experience to date I will not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Received an order of 5 cellular shades. Good fit, right color, but missing necessary click-mount installation hardware for one of them - not a big problem to resolve at all... Not until I tried to make contact. I called four times over this past weekend with similar results each time: "all agents are busy", initial wait time announced as under 2 minutes. After waiting over 15 mins, I was then was told the wait time was now more than ten minutes. They requested my number for an automatic call back, but that never happened. I called three more times over the weekend, same results each time. So, I called again mid-day on Monday, but sadly observed the same exact pattern.

In addition to all of that, I attempted to connect with an online rep via chat, but that came back as "postmaster undelivered" not once but three times. Apparently they have no interest in establishing communication with customers after the sale, nor helping to resolve the mistakes they made. Happy with the quality of the product, EXTREMELY disappointed with the complete lack of attention to detail, to customer relations, and to tuning their automated communication equipment to set realistic expectations. We live in a so-called service-oriented society, so in order to remain relevant companies must focus on the service. Just send me the parts, please.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

You want to pay more for a bit more custom features, however you can probably get the similar blinds at BLINDS.CA at a third of the price. I purchased the premium faux wood. THE PROMOTION THEY HAVE IS A MARKETING SALES TACTIC TO ENTICE YOU. Blinds.Ca is half or less the price without the sale! There may be other blinds companies that have better prices. You must have 3" or more in depth if you want inside mount otherwise the valances are too short and gaps can be seen on both sides. They state: Minimum mounting space for inside mount 1 1/8". Flush mounting space required for inside mount 3".

They advise to always use the smallest measurements of the top, middle and bottom of the window to guarantee fit. Beware if the measurements for your window is uneven and you want the inside mount, measure the top and note how long you want the valances to ensure there is no gaps where you can see the window or metal brackets. (The short length makes it look so cheap and ill-fitted.) They asked for many photos and then kept insisting that the blinds fit. They wanted to charge extra for new set of longer valances.

DO NOT get No Holes Privacy unless you like to adjust the wood slates every time you open, close or tilt the blinds. The Faux wood is so light that they get caught on the unbound threads and you will need to manually fit each notch in place. If you have tall windows expect to bring out a step or mini ladder. If you also think the No Holes Privacy will block out more light, it doesn't make much of a difference. Valances are also magnetically attached to the metal bracket. Beware if you slightly touch the valance it comes falling down on your head! I had small dents on one of the blinds that I received and they basically ignored that and didn't send any replacements because I wanted to return one pair of blinds because the 1" Faux wood blinds stuck out too far past the window sill.

You would still need 3" for the brackets to be inset or flushed. I went to BLINDS.CA and order a pair of 1" aluminum blinds and their brackets were perfect! Their price $56 (not on sale) compare to Select Blinds at $126 (on sale)! I bought from Select Blinds based on the customer service review and satisfaction. Yes they were very helpful when I was buying blinds. After the purchase, nothing... just emails back and forth. Waste of my time. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU ORDER ONE BLIND TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS RATHER THAN ORDERING ALL. Please check out other blind companies before you fall into their marketing sales trap.

Select Blinds response

I am sorry for all of the trouble that you are having but there may be some confusion. We are not Select Blinds Canada, and other than the name we have very little affiliation with them. If you need assistance from them please give them a call directly at 888-685-1735. Please reach out if you need any further assistance. We are happy to help.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2017

One week later, after public relations manager stepping in, the issue was resolved.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Ordered blinds, but called and cancelled the order the same day. Was assured that the card will be credited within a couple of days. Week later received email that order was shipped. Called again and was told that credit will be applied only when I send it back. Not the first time they made mistake that benefits them. Last time for me.

Select Blinds response

Good Morning Yuri, thank you for taking the time out to work with us, I am happy that we were able to get your issues resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything, we are happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Just wanted to give huge thanks to Brady ** who was very patient and courteous with me and wife while deciding what shades to get for our house. Even though I spent more than I wanted to, he made my experience enjoyable.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Spoke with Alexis ** of Select Blinds. I found her to be very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and overall very pleasant to deal with. She assisted me in answering questions about the product I was interested in and helped me to place my order. Other companies could learn from this one. This is what customer service is supposed to be about. USA based (English as a first language) representatives that take the time to understand and respond to their customer's needs.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

This is my third purchase from Select Blinds for custom sized blinds. The first purchase was over 7 years ago via the internet. The price for custom sized blinds got my attention and I decided to take a chance on a company I knew nothing about. That initial purchase is still functioning perfectly and looks brand new. Because of the quality and price I have made additional purchases over the years and have not been disappointed. My last purchase required a call to customer service. I explained the problem and the service representative was courteous and more than happy to assist me. I will continue to purchase from Select Blinds and recommend this company to family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

After 8 years of service, one of the strings on one of my cellular blinds broke. Travis **, the customer service rep I worked with, was an example of what a perfect agent should be. He helped me step by step with the repair process, and I didn't have to purchase a new blind. When a plastic handle arrived broken, he put in another order. Without my asking, upon returning from his vacation Travis checked to see if the handle had been sent out. Since it hadn't, he put in a new work order and emailed me with an apology for the delay. I call that superior customer service.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2017

After my review, the company contacted me and resolved the issue by sending replacements. I have updated my rating and hope they resolve issues quicker with customers in the future.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The experience you will have with Select Blinds will depend on if they manage to get your order right the first time. I made one order consisting of one "top down/bottom up" double-cell cellular and 3 blackout double-cell cellular. When my blinds arrived, I was disappointed to see they sent the wrong color for the 3 blackout shades. I literally spent over an hour on hold waiting to speak to someone. I finally get a representative on the line and they sent me 3 new shades after sending them pictures to prove my complaint.

Once I received the replacements and installing them, I had to spend time learning how to adjust the up/down blind because it was hanging at an angle. I was also not happy with the hardware mounts Select Blinds uses as they keep the blinds sticking out more than other manufacturers. This was a problem to me because I was mounting them inside my window frames and wanted them to be as flush as possible. I accepted this as a "it is what it is" thing and did not make any complaints as I already mounted them and there is really not much that could be done besides purchasing new blinds somewhere else.

Less than a year in, I notice one of the three blackout shades cellular structure is falling apart. I called their support, again on hold for a very long time and I talk to a very nice representative that told me they are getting lots of shades falling apart due to the adhesive used on them letting go under the hotter temperatures. I did not enjoy hearing this but again, "it is what is" so they send me a new replacement after providing a picture as proof via email. The new blind was crooked when mounted and I had to align it. Thankfully, I learned the first time I did this and it did not take long. About a month or two later, I notice a second blackout blind failing so I call them and they again very quickly send me a replacement. At this point I am sure that is is just a matter of time before the 3rd one fails.

About another month passed and what I was expecting happens - the 3rd blind started to fall apart. I call them again and get a replacement. This time around the replacement they sent me is not the same tone/shade/dye as the blinds they previously sent me. I was really disappointed and I call them again and sent them picture with proof of the issue. They said someone would get back to me and once I finally got a email response from them they were stating that the dye is correct and they will not correct the issue. I tried calling on multiple more occasions but I did not get any resolution. Attached is the same picture I sent Select Blinds. As you all can see, The middle blind is noticeably lighter than the two blinds surrounding it and the only thing I can do about it is to buy new blinds elsewhere. Select Blinds is not backing their product under warranty.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I've purchased numerous roller shades and faux wood blinds from Select Blinds over the past few years and would wholeheartedly recommend them. The prices can't be beat, the quality of the products is wonderful, they're easy to install and their customer service is terrific!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I tried to order online but had a problem that I thought would be easier to resolve person to person. Customer service called back within 5 minutes of my call and not only took care of the issue but placed the order directly while we were on the phone together. The "frosting on the cake" was a savings of approximately 25% less than I had figured for my online order. I do a great deal of online ordering in my business and my experience with Select Blinds was exceptional, thanks to Alexis ** taking her time to make sure my order was correct and complete.

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2017

After struggling to contact SelectBlinds about a messy delivery gone awry, and after losing my temper last week, SelectBlinds went above and beyond to reach out to me via phone and email to figure out how best to resolve the issue. At the end of the day, the problem was a result of broken communication and the delivery service, FedEx, refusing to accept the package at the delivery point, thus unfolding the series of unfortunate events.

I'm amending my rating, as the company has heard my cries and taken me very seriously. I look forward to receiving the blinds and installing them in our apartment.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The absolute worst e-comm retailer. I placed an order for blinds, they shipped rather quickly, and then select blinds stopped shipment the day they were supposed to be delivered and had them rerouted back to the warehouse. After three days without an explanation from customer service, claiming they simply had no information, the package is still stuck en route, going in the opposite direction of my city, no one will give me any information, they've already taken my money, and everyone is claiming ignorance. How is this company still in business?! Their customer service is mysteriously unavailable. I've been sitting on the phone for hours trying to get in touch with someone, and no one picks up. No one replies to emails. I've been able to contact someone via the chat bot, but they're completely useless. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT SPEND MONEY HERE, they literally steal it from you, never deliver product, and claim they can't do anything about it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

2 out of 6 blinds were visibly damaged. After speaking with Select Blinds call center operator Brady **, I was advised to go to the hardware store and purchase items to repair the broken shades. I purchased the 5 year warranty which is the maximum that Select Blinds offers and Brady's remark was "This is kinda tricky". Another favorite saying Brady used was, "You bought 'em. You got 'em."

I seek a full and complete refund and have been refused by the customer service manager, Zachary **. An entire month has lapsed and I am still waiting for a resolution and a return call from the CEO Al Silverberg. As published on the Ristal Inc. Select Blinds website I understand Al lives by a simple philosophy which is, "Boil any issue down to the root matter, and then make the decision that is best for the customer."

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Alexis is an excellent salesperson. She was able to answer any question I had concerning my order. In addition, I was able to get a great price for my order of blinds due to the determination and quality customer service provided by Alexis.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Alexis (sales rep) was excellent to work with and she took the extra time to ensure our order was correct and offered up additional discounts. We will be returning to Select Blinds and working through Alexis again for our living room and bedroom blinds.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I ordered 4 roller shades from Select Blinds. They arrived very promptly, actually a few days ahead of schedule. However, when my husband went to install them he found that they all were about 1/4 to 1/2 inches wider than our measurements. Since they are for an inside mount we could not use them. He called and the company asked that he send an email with pictures to show the issue. He complied and they sent out the correct width blinds right away. He has installed them and we love them. We would recommend selectblinds.com.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I needed some new blinds for a house we recently purchase so I ordered samples. Got them right away and Nathan was super helpful in helping me with order. I had an order on save and he was able to add another shade and help me with some discount. He was super nice and convinced me to order now and get the sale price even though the three woven wood blinds will not be shipped until the 20th of next month.

Original review: July 27, 2017

It was a pleasure to deal with Alexis at Select Blinds. She was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Alexis made sure all of the applicable discounts were applied to my purchase. I highly recommend Select Blinds.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Alexis, a consultant from Select Blinds, gave excellent customer service! She spent a lot of time answering our questions so we would be satisfied with our order of window treatments. She talked very clear, was very friendly, and was very knowledgeable of the product. We have ordered from Select Blinds in the past and are excited to receive our new order. Thanks again to Alexis! Your business is successful because of employees like Alexis!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I went online to review window shade options and found Select Blinds to offer exactly what I hope to achieve in our master bedroom; light filtering for privacy and natural lighting options as well as blackout, cordless, white, customizable fit shades for a great price and dependable quality. I Saved an order in my shopping cart and received an email from Alexis in your sales department and had a wonderful experience communicating with a live person about my questions, comments, concerns and complaints. Alexis listened and responded according to my needs and comfort in making such a transformable purchase. It was a great experience. I look forward to receiving a great product that sparks joy in my home.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I originally tried placing an online order, but it failed to go through. Alexis ** assisted me with getting my order placed. She was tremendously helpful and answered the many questions I had. So glad to have her friendly expertise.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I found Select Blinds through Google and thought I would give them a try. I am redoing my home and found that the website was very easy to navigate. I had some questions on their products. Requested a live chat. The customer service representative that helped me was very informative.

Original review: July 23, 2017

The customer Service Rep (Alexis **) was wonderful! She took her time working with me, and was able to provide a very good price. I will be contacting her again for all my future needs, along with recommending her to family/friends.

Select Blinds expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

SelectBlinds manufactures custom blinds and window shades in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. You can shop online and then order a sample of the materials you’re interested in before making your final selection. SelectBlinds is a part of the SelectShops company and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona.

• Child safety: All products sold through SelectBlinds comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. Many of the blinds can be upgraded to a cordless system, and all corded blinds come with free cord cleats to help keep cords out of the reach of children and pets.

• Free shipping: All products under 94 inches wide ship for free. If your windows are 94 inches or wider, you’ll have to pay $70 per oversized item.

• Warranties: All SelectBlinds products come with a free three-year limited warranty. It covers defects in materials, including brackets and internal mechanisms, and workmanship. You can extend that warranty or get a five-year unlimited warranty for an extra fee. The unlimited warranty covers all types of accidents and damage.

• Free samples: SelectBlinds will send you a free sample piece of any blind or shade, so you can make sure you like the look and feel of the material. If a product is on sale when you order the sample, SelectBlinds will honor that sale even if it ends before you receive your sample and make your purchase.

• Selection: SelectBlinds has a huge selection of blinds and shades for windows. You can get wood blinds, vertical blinds, interior shutters, roller shades, Roman shades, solar shades and much more. Because they’re all custom made, you have more choices in size and color than at many other stores.

• Best for: online shoppers and those with unique windows.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Select Blinds Company Information

www.selectblinds.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use