Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

915 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2019

During shifting of house I moved all my household items along with Bosch front loaded 7.5kg washing machine that I purchased just 6 months ago. During re-installation I was told the its motor has come off the drum and it will cost 7500 INR to replace it.. I had warranty but Bosch representative said this item is not under warranty. Also the way Mr ** the service person from Powai Mumbai reacted was terribly upsetting. He kept on saying, "You should read the terms and conditions in the manual." I will never buy any Bosch product ever and I would strongly advocate for not purchasing Bosch products to everyone..

Original review: April 12, 2019

The service technician BOSCH sent out to repair my dishwasher broke it. He then came out two more times 4 weeks later and got it running, but the part he put in are defective and I have to have another service company come out to replace them, both the company I bought it from build.com & the service co. Lakeview Appliance said the dishwasher needs to be replaced. But BOSCH REFUSES TO. Now it leaks and has more problems.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

For a kitchen renovation in May 2018 I purchased Bosch oven, stove, dishwasher, hood and refrigerator. The 1st day the on/off button on the range hood broke AND the icemaker fell out of the refrigerator. They were repaired at no cost. 8 months later the refrigerator lost power. Upon calling for service we were informed there were 3 authorized dealers in Westchester, NY and we needed to wait 5 days for a repair person. This is not a rural area. Crazy that there are only 3 contracted repair companies. If we called our own repair person the warranty would become invalid and we would have to pay for the repair/part. The person came and said they needed to order a part (computer board) from out of state which would take 5 days. Whatever happened to overnight service?

10 days later the refrigerator which was 8 months old was repaired. We noticed the oven took 2x longer than a recipe required. Upon buying an in oven thermometer we determined that even after following directions to preheat, the oven did not get to the temperature it was set for even after 1 hour. The icemaker works at a snail's pace. It takes 24 hours to spit out 10 cubes. I get the sense it doesn't work right. I would NEVER recommend Bosch appliances and I am VERY disappointed I purchased these products. THE WORST.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I had some issues with the fridge, it wouldn’t cool and also the water dispenser stopped working. The technician came on a number of occasions to figure out what the issue was, of course all at a cost to me. He thought he figured out why it wasn’t cooling and replaced the fan. He told me to purchase a triple valve from Bosch and that should fix my water dispensing issue. So I ordered online straight away. After a few days the item arrived, but I had also noticed that the internal temp inside the fridge didn’t go below 20 degrees Celsius. I decided enough was enough, spent so much on this technician and yet nothing, so I went out and purchased a new fridge. I contacted Bosch and explained the situation, and seek a refund on this triple Valve, technician labor cost as well as the cost for the new fan he had installed because the fridge clearly isn’t going to work. Till now it is still under review.

As for the triple valve I sent it back to Bosch at their request (after again explaining to sales why I no longer want the item) at my own expense and yet they still charged me a ‘restocking fee’. I told them I only purchased it at the advice of the technician but because he couldn’t resolve my main issue, I didn’t need it anymore. They wouldn’t budge. I will recommend anyone that is thinking about purchasing a Bosch appliance to reconsider. Their customer service is awful and their technicians don’t seem to know the product too well either.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We purchased three Bosch products in December 2013: a dishwasher, and combo oven/microwave. (HBL 5750). Both the microwave and oven have malfunctioned to the point of being unusable. $200 later, we have a quote for almost $1000 to fix them, no warranty extension. Attempting to get Bosch’s attention and address what we consider a premature failure of their very expensive products has been an exercise in futility. Their representative asked for—and I provided—original documentation of purchase of these products and quote for repair. They responded by asking for the original receipt and repair quote on letterhead, despite the fact that I sent them the inside product serial tag for each item.

The provenance if these products is NOT an issue, yet they continue to disavow responsibility. Contrast this to Grohe products: I called them about a failed soap dispenser and faucet, sent them the original order and my new faucet/dispenser is on their way!! What a pleasure to deal with them!! Bosch is NOT WORTH the price, they don’t stand by their products, they have terrible customer service and they are obstructive in trying to navigate their process. Don’t bother; you are better off buying domestic products. Contrast this to Grohe products: I called them about a failed soap dispenser and

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: April 2, 2019

After the cleaning, we noticed that large to medium specks of grease were embedded in the glass of the oven door. A Bosch representative came and took a look. He said it was a function of the oven. We called customer service and elevated the call to a supervisor who said the same thing and if we wanted to clean the glass, we would have to pay for that ourselves. I am writing this because this was an expensive combined oven (microwave and regular oven). Had I known of this issue, I would have purchased a different oven. We've had self-cleaning ovens for 47 years in four different homes and never had a similar issue.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Distance between bottom doors and stand level is very short and finger feet will be geared while opening doors. Magnet gasket is in proper level but its steel framework is in bad location. There is no proper clearance between bottom doors and its stand level.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have had my electric glass cooktop since 2010 and have been very pleased. Never had a repair. It has an integrated "Power Start" feature which heats the element quickly to the highest power and then resets it to the continuous cooking setting picked. I guess like a gas stove would be. Another great feature is the "Auto Chef" that works with a pan that came with it, on one element. This sensor controls the temp of the pan, heating up only when necessary and prevents burning, but does do frying!

Original review: March 19, 2019

Bought a "Top of the line" Bosch convection microwave in 2016. It replaced a 40 year old GE microwave that worked perfectly but it was pretty dated when I remodeled my house. 9 months after a installing it's shooting lightning bolts and smoking. I paid $150 for a tech to come to my house and give me a metallic cardboard "deflector" that was supposed to cure the problem but less than a year later when my wife is heating up leftovers while putting the baby to bed the microwave catches fire while I'm away at work. If it wasn't for our smoke detectors I might not have a family right now. When I talked to Bosch about it they think a good solution is to pro-rate my microwave and have me pay hundreds of dollars to rebuy a microwave that almost took out my family and home.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher after research for top brands. To make a long story short, just after 3 months, we had problems with the bottom rack staying on the track. All the wheels eventually came off one by one, we put them back on but they still kept falling off. So we bought new wheels, still, the rack never glided or stayed on its tracks. We now have to lift the full bottom rack and place it inside the washer.

The wand (attachment for water) comes off during the cycle EVERY time no matter if anything scrapes or touches it during the cycles. The third rack (silverware) rarely cleans anything unless they’ve been hand cleaned before going in. Never ever have I spent so much money on an appliance to have it fall apart and dysfunction after 3 months. Customer service was so unwilling to handle the first wheel issues, that attempting a refund was daunting. I’m not sure if Bosch cares if the appliance works at all, or if maybe they just sell “pretty” appliances to people who don’t cook.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher in August 2018. The dishwasher has been chipping my dishes (Plates, Bowls, Glasses). I finally called customer service and the technician came out today. He ran the dishwasher for 10 minutes then says he doesn't see a problem and has never heard of dishes being chipped. He places a call to some department and then concludes that no other such complaints have come in. He recommended I wash on delicate and space the dishes so they don't touch! I called customer service after he left, only to have an extremely rude rep AND manager talk down to me. Stating that they have NEVER had this complaint and it's clearly something I must be doing. The manager literally shouted at me. Unbelievable! I will never buy this crappy brand again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

DON’T BUY A BOSCH. PLEASE SHARE!! I’d give a minus 5 stars if possible!! Purchased a Bosch dishwasher December 11, 2015 from LOWE'S for our Florida condo. This condo is used FIVE (5) months out of the YEAR. So this dishwasher has been used 15 months! Lifetime tub warranty. Bad quality rubber seal. You can see by the photos it’s disintegrating. After calling, getting bounced around then waiting 24-48 hours for a return call...they send out their technician. He lies and says he never saw this before. We tell him we found out that our neighbor next-door at the condo had the same model and the exact same thing happened! Coincidental? I think not. Then he said, “Yes it’s bad batch of rubber and the dishwasher will leak. It’s not fixable.”

Call again. The one department they transfer us to then another, we have to wait 24 to 48 hours for each return call, never give us direct numbers. We have to wait for them to return our calls. Then we have to fill out paperwork. They want to prorate the dishwasher. Make us pay almost $300 again for the proration, delivery fee and tax. Purchasing delivery installation we paid over $700 for this piece of crap. Filled out all the necessary paperwork. Never hear anything. Call, tell us they got it and reviewing now. Wait over a week. And NOW they say they never received the paperwork we filled out. Resend. We need to wait another 48 hours. From the beginning they knew the absolute last date we could have this dishwasher delivered. They had it in their notes.

Well it’s too late now. We’re not going to be here any longer to have a delivery of the dishwasher. I will go buy a GE in the Fall and have it installed. I will never buy a Bosch again. I will do everything I can to let everyone know the lack of integrity and honesty this company possesses. Please share our story so another sucker doesn’t get taken. Bosch knew they had a bad failed batch of rubber seal gaskets out there. And yet they left their dishwashers in the vendor’s warehouse, no recall, to continue to push failed equipment on consumers to continue purchasing their subpar product. I’d like to shove this dishwasher right up their you know what. #boschisjunk #dontbuybosch #boschunethetical

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a $1,600 Bosch dishwasher with the hope of owning a top rated and performing dishwasher. Wrong! This dishwasher has been nothing but trouble. At 8 months, it leaked profusely and caused $4,000 in damage to the kitchen in my 2 year old house. I live in Florida and this caused mold, which required remediation and the replacement of a kitchen cabinet. The pain of messing up my beautiful new home in addition to the loss of use of a dishwasher for 4 months. Their insurance company did pay, but my inconvenience and exposure to the mold was not even considered. The next year, the power cord was recalled due to fires. A backorder for the part took one month.

Last month, the drain pump failed and another 3 weeks of no dishwasher. All told, this dishwasher has been out of commission for almost 5 months. Bosch’s Reply is, "The dishwasher is out of warranty, so take it up with your extended warranty." What about Bosch’s obligation to provide the customer with the goods that they paid for? Did I mention how rude the customer service reps are? Bosch needs to own up to their shortcomings and be fair to the consumer. Lemons happen and they need to correct the situation with a new product. Don’t hold your breath!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have all 800 series appliances from Bosch that are all just 4 years old. Refrigerator is noisy, plastic shelves are cheap and break easily, and shelf spacing is limited - it's hard to fit a gallon of milk in. Dishwasher: was very quiet and now sounds like there is a heavy storm in the kitchen when it is running. Plus the racks are weird and don't hold dishes well.

You end up washing half loads all the time because otherwise plates touch each other in the rack. Double ovens: my wife sloshed some chicken drippings on the glass door when unloading it and the grease got between the glass panels. I called Bosch about the oven door issue and my warranty was up by sixty days and they refused to fix this under warranty. I have never had problems with appliances before (GE Hotpoint; Kenmore). I paid top buck for an "All Bosch" kitchen. It's all junk.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

BOSCH SLIDE IN ELECTRIC RANGE. First off the Bosch range is beautiful. It can be described as understated elegance. The range is designed to seamlessly fit into the kitchen range opening without side gaps. No more dripping down the oven sides! The front detail which slightly covers the countertop edge makes it appear custom to our kitchen. But, the best part is how it cooks! Other reviewers complain about the “loud” convection oven fan. Well, if that fan is “loud” my hearing must be shot. The Whirlpool convection microwave which sits above my Bosch Range, is 3 times louder. The Bosch convection oven is very quiet in comparison.

Since receiving my Bosch range I have used several cooking modes with great success: bake, multi bake, convection roast and convection bake. The oven is so well designed and insulated that all my dishes on the different modes were evenly cooked and delicious. The cooktop also performed. I have tried all the burners and even the warm feature. Alas, I have yet to use the warming drawer. However, based on everything else I tried, I am confident that the warming drawer will be fantastic.

I recommend you read the oven instructions to get the most out of this beautiful range. When using the cooktop be careful not to slide pots and pans over the burners. Make sure the outside of all pots and pans are clean, dry, and flat. This will save the glass cooktop from scratches. And note, all glass cooktops are susceptible to scratches. The Bosch Instruction Manual also gives cookware tips which are worth trying. I bought flat cookie sheets (no sides) as suggested by Bosch. My cookies came out of the oven perfect and delicious.

When shopping for a new range don’t overlook this Bosch appliance. However, be aware you must carefully measure your oven opening to get a great, custom fit. If you are building a new kitchen, request your contractor build the space to perfectly accommodate your new range. You will love the look and love your new Bosch Range! Oh and did I mention the stainless steel resists fingerprints? Just one more reason why I love my new range!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Visiting my son who has a Bosch oven. It's all digital. Not sure the model. But it's a 2018 one. I tried for 15 minutes to push the off button which may not be the actual off button because it says clean on it as well. But, there are no other buttons that say off. I tried changing settings. I couldn't unplug it because the wire was not reachable. I looked up the manual online, still nothing helped. Finally, I shut off the fuses to the kitchen. Now it's off. Lol. Personally, I'd only buy nondigital appliances. This oven is Dangerous! Don't waste your money. My $40 toaster oven is better!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We are one of the victims of Bosch's defective dishwasher handles. Ours broke after only several months of use. Bosch to date has been lethargic in responding, even though it obviously knows its product design and/or construction is deficient.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We bought a complete set of Bosch appliances, range, fridge, microwave, and dishwasher in 2016. Within the first year, we had a repairman come out for our ice maker on the fridge, (wasn't making ice) quick enough, thought he fixed it the first time but... he ended up coming back out a second time. We then came to the conclusion we use too much ice than the ice maker can handle for 2 adults!! (Seems odd) but ok. Fine... Now here we are, 3 years later and my range will not heat, the broiler works but the oven does not.. for appliances that are relatively "new" that seems really odd!!!! I've had a Whirlpool that lasted 15 years!!! I do not think I will buy another Bosch appliance!! I'll stick with GE or Whirlpool... Tomorrow I have a repairman coming!! Can only imagine what that's going to cost!!??

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I live alone and wanted a small capacity washer and dryer, although I bought a set the washer has a larger capacity than the dryer, so there was a learning curve. But they are the perfect size for me. The cycles on the dryer will not dry my clothes, but there is a timed dry option, which works just fine. You just have to be careful with overloading. This is not an issue for me, but it may be for others. The washer is close to perfect.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The Bosch dishwasher seemed like a good idea. It's a reputable company, right? Furthermore, it fit my dishes and glasses. However, it never dries things. It is always dripping with moisture when I open it in the morning. The continually wet dishwasher has already ruined some of my good knives and stainless silverware. The store where I bought it came out and checked it. They claim it's operating as intended. The company, when I called, informed me that you MUST remove the dishes the minute the cycles finish. That means that I have to babysit the dishwasher and it has ceased to be a convenience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased this dishwasher on 8-1-18. Four months later I heard a motor running my kitchen. After investigation I determined that it was the dishwasher drain pump. I opened up the door and the key pad was dead. The only way to shut it off was to unplug it. I called Bosch and they gave me a number to call saying it would be two and a half weeks before a serviceman could be out. Two and a half weeks and no show. Called again and told another two and half weeks. Over a month later and a technician shows up. He said water had leaked into the bottom somehow but couldn't determine where it is coming from! He said he needed to order a part and it is backordered, (Two Weeks) and Bosch won't see the part and it won't be released at least for another week after that!

Furthermore he doesn't know if it will fix it!! I purchased this brand because they were supposed to have a good service record? I consider this a LEMON and after calling and explaining my circumstances I asked them to replace it not knowing if it will ever be right and was refused. If you buy a Bosch have them throw in a dish rack and drain pan with it!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My Bosch front load machine is now 18 years old. My husband replaced the brushes 12 months ago himself with the help of a YouTube video (otherwise we would have had to get rid of it). I'm impressed with its longevity. The only ongoing problem I have is that tiny bits of muck somehow enter the bowl and stick to the clothes; this particularly happens when the load is small. I then have to rewash the clothes.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Nice but not that nice. My salesman very highly suggested this dishwasher so I bought it for $900. The good? It's very good looking. The bad? I do not find it any better than a $500 dishwasher from GE. It's quiet but not silent. It seems to clean dishes fine but it will not dry them no matter what you try. I live in a very very dry part of the country and no matter how much or how little I load this machine up with... and select "Extra Dry" when I open the dishwasher in the morning after running at night... not only are the dishes and cups still wet but so is the inside of the dishwasher.

So, what's the point of having controls to select dryness? Oh, the (3) not 4 legs are plastic and all 3 of them broke off when I tried to slide the dishwasher. Great huh? Funny, I know steel legs may cost another $5 but I don't remember arguing with the salesperson about $5. so why not raise the price by $5. and get rid of the cheap cheap cheap plastic legs. My brand new $900 dishwasher now sits on wooden blocks... Great idea... Plastic legs.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had problem with my refrigerator within warranty period, I thereafter registered a complaint and after chasing for about 1 month and sending more than 10 mails & escalation it was fixed. The Customer service of Bosch India is very poor needs improvement.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

In 2012 we purchased a Bosch dishwasher based on Consumer Reports Magazine. We bought the top of the line spending a lot of money for what we thought to be a good unit. Since installation we have had it fixed 3 times the first being for a power cord that failed but was a recall that Bosch covered. That part again failed 2 years later and had to be repaired again for the same failure as the first but at my cost. The latest was for a power control circuit board. The dishwasher would start appear to be running but after only 2 cycles would stop and indicate the dishes were clean. However no water ever entered. A search on the internet revealed that other models had the same problem and was involved in a recall.

A workaround was to open and close the door after the 2nd cycle and the unit would then fill. I tried the workaround and it worked, indicating the same problem and was later confirmed by a repairman. I contacted Bosch, provided all requested documentation and was eventually told that our unit was not included in that recall and the best they could do was 20% of the replacement board cost which equated to $24.00, but we'd have to pay for shipping and taxes which was $17.00. I thought we had bought a well built appliance from a reputable manufacturer but have been proven wrong. Their customer service is terrible and does nothing to HELP you. In the 7 years we've owned it half of the original purchase price has been in repairs. I would not recommend any Bosch appliance to anyone again nor would I buy one.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Have a Bosch built-in refrigerator with TWO issues related to the icemaker. Have had it only 6 months, but both problems pretty much from the beginning. First of all, it keeps dropping ice into the tray, and the tray overflows because all the ice drops down in the back of the tray, while the front of the tray pretty much stays empty. Had serviceman here twice, and both times he told me I have to keep pushing the ice from the back of the tray to the front. Told me the manual says that. It doesn't.

MORE IMPORTANT - there are little tiny flies and an awful smell in our freezer ever since the fridge's circuit breaker blew while we were away for a month. Every once in a while I'll see a tiny larva inside an ice cube. Pretty sure there is a nest in the icemaker or water line. Or possibly in the drip tray. The bugs seem to come out every couple of weeks - probably the gestation time for the new eggs that were laid. We've never seen a live one - only dead. Had both exterminator & Bosch service person tell us we need to totally uninstall the fridge and clean & disinfect. Seems to me there should be a way to get to the drip tray & icemaker without uninstalling the fridge. Have 4 boxes of baking soda - still have the smell.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I bought a Bosch oven in 2005, it has never worked correctly. I had a repairman out the first year and was told it was within "specs". He did nothing more than shoot the interior with an infrared thermometer! This year our Thanksgiving was completely ruined because the oven would not hold a constant temperature. I had a repairman out and was told the thermostat was bad. Also the switch was bad. Total price for both was $60.00 IF you could find them. The company no longer makes them! After trying to contact their customer service department I finally got a response after sending their corporate office a note to send someone physically to customer service to check on them because they were either not there or all dead!

I got a call back from a supervisor telling me that indeed the parts were no longer made and I should buy a new oven! So I am to understand that this is an appliance company that does not know how to make thermostats or switches that work. I see from the other reviews that they have made a habit of this. I agree with the others, I will NEVER buy another thing this company produces under any name. This includes Dremel tools. They do not care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Don't be surprised if the service that was scheduled between a four hour window doesn't happen. This company has the worst service of any I have dealt with. They are apathetic and incompetent and you're wasting your money if you ever buy a Bosch appliance. They break down or are not user serviceable. A total waste of time and money. I'm surprised they're still in business.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Only 7 years of usage? The average is 11 years according to Google. I paid $1949 (Australian) in January 2012. I am a single adult male with modest requirements. The cost to repair is: $593 using the Bosch designated service provider. I feel embarrassed by my decision to pay a premium for the Bosch brand manufactured in Germany. I am looking to brands like Electrolux and LG for a replacement.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We purchased a Bosch Dual Fuel Range and it worked great for about the first year. Then error code 118 began showing up when trying to preheat the oven. It would happen occasionally but after the 4th year it would not preheat on Bake at all. We researched the problem and found the parts we needed to fix the problem were not available. Bosch no longer makes these parts and there is no updated part to resolve the issue so we are stuck with a 4 year old range that can't be repaired. The new model looks exactly the same so why do they not sell parts that will update the older models. We will never buy another Bosch product.

Bosch Appliances Company Information