Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bosch Appliances Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We have a Bosch dishwasher (model SHX5AVF5UC/22) that is about 2 years old. It stopped working and I called the 800 customer support to get a repair tech. The lady I spoke to spent almost 30 minutes talking me through troubleshooting and performing a reset of the appliance. By the time we were done, it was working perfectly again. Most companies would have just had a repair tech come out and charge a bunch of money. Not Bosch. Next time we're in the market for another appliance, it is Bosch all the way. I was very surprised by the customer support and the helpful attitude from their representative.

Joe

Loganville, GA

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have had my electric glass cooktop since 2010 and have been very pleased. Never had a repair. It has an integrated "Power Start" feature which heats the element quickly to the highest power and then resets it to the continuous cooking setting picked. I guess like a gas stove would be. Another great feature is the "Auto Chef" that works with a pan that came with it, on one element. This sensor controls the temp of the pan, heating up only when necessary and prevents burning, but does do frying!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

BOSCH SLIDE IN ELECTRIC RANGE. First off the Bosch range is beautiful. It can be described as understated elegance. The range is designed to seamlessly fit into the kitchen range opening without side gaps. No more dripping down the oven sides! The front detail which slightly covers the countertop edge makes it appear custom to our kitchen. But, the best part is how it cooks! Other reviewers complain about the “loud” convection oven fan. Well, if that fan is “loud” my hearing must be shot. The Whirlpool convection microwave which sits above my Bosch Range, is 3 times louder. The Bosch convection oven is very quiet in comparison.

Since receiving my Bosch range I have used several cooking modes with great success: bake, multi bake, convection roast and convection bake. The oven is so well designed and insulated that all my dishes on the different modes were evenly cooked and delicious. The cooktop also performed. I have tried all the burners and even the warm feature. Alas, I have yet to use the warming drawer. However, based on everything else I tried, I am confident that the warming drawer will be fantastic.

I recommend you read the oven instructions to get the most out of this beautiful range. When using the cooktop be careful not to slide pots and pans over the burners. Make sure the outside of all pots and pans are clean, dry, and flat. This will save the glass cooktop from scratches. And note, all glass cooktops are susceptible to scratches. The Bosch Instruction Manual also gives cookware tips which are worth trying. I bought flat cookie sheets (no sides) as suggested by Bosch. My cookies came out of the oven perfect and delicious.

When shopping for a new range don’t overlook this Bosch appliance. However, be aware you must carefully measure your oven opening to get a great, custom fit. If you are building a new kitchen, request your contractor build the space to perfectly accommodate your new range. You will love the look and love your new Bosch Range! Oh and did I mention the stainless steel resists fingerprints? Just one more reason why I love my new range!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I live alone and wanted a small capacity washer and dryer, although I bought a set the washer has a larger capacity than the dryer, so there was a learning curve. But they are the perfect size for me. The cycles on the dryer will not dry my clothes, but there is a timed dry option, which works just fine. You just have to be careful with overloading. This is not an issue for me, but it may be for others. The washer is close to perfect.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Our 15 year olds Bosch dishwasher with a custom cabinet to match our cupboards is the best dishwasher we ever had. The adjustable upper rack can hold a 9 and 1/2 in tall wine glass and with adjustable rack tines makes loading the dishwasher a delight. Just recently we had to have the circuit board panel rebuilt since replacement is obsolete but it's worth every penny. When this dishwasher goes I will definitely buy another Bosch dishwasher now with a third rack available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I have bought several Bosch appliances. I’ve had less than desirable performance from them. Finding someone that will service a Bosch is impossible. I had a refrigerator stop working and they just let me know it was my tough luck that they couldn’t come for a service call for two weeks. The repair service in Birmingham was very unprofessional and seemed not to care. I will not buy another Bosch appliance.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We moved into a new house with new bosch appliances: fridge, stovetop, speed oven and oven. After only TWO years of use, the speed oven digital display is dimming and will need to be replaced with a part for $150, plus labor. When I contacted Bosch, they would not replace the part. The words on the stovetop are already peeling off (Front, Back, etc.) and the buttons on the icemaker are finicky and need to be caressed to work.

The dishwasher doesn't clean any better than our old appliances, the stovetop takes forever to boil and the stainless steel finishes are so hard to get clean. I can't make applesauce on the stovetop because the lowest possible setting is too high and burns it (this may be a reflection on using gas instead of electric, we've never had gas before.) I will never intentionally buy Bosch appliances ever again! Our old cheaper appliances were much more reliable. Not worth the cost!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Advice for anyone looking for appliances: DO NOT BUY FROM BOSCH.. We got a microwave from them because it was supposed to be the best of the best. About 16 months after purchasing, the microwave needed fixing so we did it the way Bosch said we had to do it for the parts to be covered. This happened 3 times in a matter of 3 years. The third time, it was deemed unrepairable. After a month of going back and forth with them, not having a microwave, the best offer they could give me was that I had to pay $300 for a replacement microwave. Mind you, it was a $1200 microwave to begin with. So with the original cost upfront, the service costs and what they now want me to pay for a replacement microwave, I’m looking at roughly $2100 dollars on this microwave. And they claim this to be a “more than fair” offer.

The customer service will throw you around from one guarded person to the next. They’ll forward you to their “manager” and when you ask for their name and title after finishing a conversation with them, you’ll find out that it’s not the manager and they’ll REFUSE to give you their last name or an email or anything to contact them. Then, when you’ve had enough and you name all the people you’ve spoken with and that you want to speak to the actual manager, they put you on a lengthy hold that conveniently dies on several occasions. https://www.facebook.com/BoschAppliances/

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I always thought of Bosch as a company with high quality standards and good customer service and over time had to change my mind to never wanting to buy Bosch again and having shared this opinion with friends and family to avoid their frustration and disappointment. The dishwasher trays holding plates were so rigid in the beginning that they chipped my china – maybe I should feel lucky as the Bosch dishwasher of our friends went up in flames, even their model/serial number was not on the recall. The washer requires always additional rinses to remove the soap (or at least most of it) and the 4000$ cooking range broke down after 2.5 year with an electronic board having failed and needing replacement. Bosch does not provide service once the appliance is out of warranty and their spare parts are ridiculously expensive.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I purchased a Bosch Dishwasher about 2 1/2 years ago. From the very 1st day it never cleaned that well. It had gotten really bad after about 2 years. It was not cleaning anything at all off the dishes. Called Bosch and all the 800 rep said is that they will send a repairman out. I could not believe that they would not stand by their product since I have called several times within the 1st year. Now I'm stuck with a dishwasher that I have to completely wash everything off plates, silverware, etc. or it comes out dirty. I thought I was doing a good thing but purchasing a Bosch, it is the biggest mistake I ever made. DONT BUY A BOSCH UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASH!!!!

Bosch Appliances Company Information