1.46/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Bosch Appliances

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

752 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

April 25th 2017 we took our new refrigerator home. Everything was fine until August 21 it stopped cooling. Called Factory Direct Appliance because I bought the extended warranty and they said to call Bosch. So I called Bosch and they set me up with a ticket and recommended a repair place that services their appliances. That company is called At Your Service repair and they are as bad or worse than Bosch. They couldn't come out for a week. So a week without a fridge and when he shows up tells me that they have to order the part. A circuit board that tells the compressor to kick on. Tells me it will be a week and a half before they get it and sets a time to come back out.

That day approaches, the Friday after Labor Day, and I hadn't heard from anyone so I called them. They proceed to tell me that the part is on backorder and they have no idea when it will get here. So I waited a week or two and decided to call Bosch again. They tell me that it is on backorder until December. So I said no problem, replace my refrigerator. They said send us proof of purchase and the diagnostic from the repair shop so I did. Another week goes by and I hear nothing. So I call Bosch again, and now they miraculously found the part from Appliance Parts Depot. Meanwhile the repair place has closed the ticket because they were told it would be replaced. So Bosch says that they are sending the part to At Your Service. I call at At Your Service and they know nothing of it.

Keep in mind here who is doing all the calling. Neither of these outfits called or cared how I was doing, if I was taken care of or if I was happy or satisfied. So now when I call one they send me to the other and vice versa. So now they do not want to replace my refrigerator and in fact are putting an aftermarket part in it. In a week it will be 2 months without a refrigerator and I am still the one calling trying to get answers and just get my appliance replaced. Bosch sucks. I was looking at buying a Bosch table saw, cordless drills etc. because I liked the way they perform but I will never buy anything Bosch because they don't stand behind their product and they definitely don't care about their consumers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We purchased a home with a Bosch dishwasher. The previous owner did not leave any paperwork on any appliance. The electronics in dishwasher door started a kitchen fire. The insurance company will take care of the kitchen damage, but will not replace the dishwasher. The dishwasher replacement is completely our responsibility. When I called Bosch to see if they would at the very least give me a partial credit toward the purchase of a new Bosch I was told by Representative Kayla, and not very sympathetically, that since I didn't have any paperwork on the original purchase they would not do anything for me. Basically too bad, so sad. Well guess who will not purchase another Bosch product.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Bought a Bosch Dishwasher from Currys; after a few weeks I felt it was not washing properly. I rang company sent out a repairman. He said it's heating and the arms are turning so it's fine. I showed him a stained mug which he took for examination. A few months later it still wasn't washing properly, rang again sent out another Bosch guy. He advised I should have bought elsewhere. Many phone calls to the UK followed. Finally UK said get onto Currys. I went into Currys and explained my situation: dishwasher doesn't wash properly and I can't used dishwasher tablets have to use powder. They were very helpful in the beginning but finally told me that Bosch UK said that their Engineer said it was fine.

I have never dealt with such terrible Customer Services as in Bosch UK. They really don't have a clue but don't really want to know your problem. Sadly I have a Bosch washing machine and a Neff oven from the same house. I dread to think how they are going to pan out. It seems to me that Bosch will string you along until your warranty is gone. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM BOSCH OR NEFF AGAIN AND I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME. They are operating under a good name which they achieved and their stuff is now very poor quality. My advice: do as my sister did, buy the cheapest out there it really can't be any worse.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This Bosch dishwasher is the best dishwasher with reconfiguring the shelves full in 9 different positions. Can wash silverware upright on the side or place them laying down side by side on the top third shelf. Many options to choose to wash. Cleans perfectly and dries too. Highly recommend all Bosch dishwashers. A little more money but so worth every penny! Satisfied Bosch customer for life!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I'm a real estate developer. I've put Bosch appliances in homes I've sold and my personal residence. Don't be fooled by the Bosch name. The product is cheap, easily malfunctions, lacks longevity and doesn't work properly. To top it off the customer service representatives are rude and somewhat arrogant. I would rather wash my dishes in the rain, cook my meals on rocks and sticks and freeze my food using store bought ice rather than buy Bosch appliances again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher Silence Plus 50 dBA at Lowe’s June 2015. It worked for 1 month and stopped working. I had a repairman from Lowe’s come and fix it. It worked for another few months and stopped working again. Had another repairman from Lowe’s come and he left without fixing it because he didn't know what was wrong. Another repairman (#3 so far) came out and says he knows what's wrong with this model, there is a defect with the door latch. He fixes it. Works fine until a few days ago stops working again. Of course it's now out of warranty so I will have to pay to fix a dishwasher that is a little over 2 years old. I wish I kept my old noisy dishwasher instead of this piece of crap. Has been nothing but trouble and I will Never buy another Bosch product again. Don't believe the hype. It is also hard to load the dishwasher as the racks are too narrow and it didn't dry the dishes well either.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

We bought a Bosch dishwasher on 12/ 28/16. We have had it serviced twice because it will not turn on. Please do not buy a Bosch dishwasher. Called twice and they said it has to be serviced first. Really it's not even a year old, JUNK!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We recently purchased this fridge/freezer KGV36VW32G. There are several issues: 1. The manual is very poor with lots of words but very little information, for example the freezer temperature is controlled by the fridge settings so how do we know what the freezer temperature is? 2. The outer skin is very flimsy. Already got a dent on the door with normal use. 3. The LED light cannot illuminate the inside of the fridge when the fridge has produce in it as the light is badly situated. 4. The doors are difficult to close and have to be pushed quite hard to make a seal. 5. Coupled with 4 above there is no alarm if the doors are not closed. Already lead to one freezer defrost. 6. The ice cube tray and egg rack supplied are not fit for purpose. Ice cube tray too small and lid did not fit after one use, the egg rack is too small and only holds 4 eggs. 7. Generally the appliance is of poor quality and not good value for money.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Scrapes on my brand new Bosch dishwasher. The outside is very, very delicate. I have already gotten 3 scrapes on the front panel, in just a few months. The front has no protection to keep this from happening and I now am very sorry I got this dishwasher from Lowe's although it does clean the dishes very well. Not sure if I can use appliance paint to cover these up or if it will make it worse.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The one star is for the quiet dishwasher purchased. It is quiet probably because it does not work. We purchased a Bosch dishwasher because it was supposed to be top of the line in dishwashers. Unfortunately, I was swayed to the quietness and not the cleanliness. The racks are designed for the number of dishes it can wash. Unfortunately, I need to wash frying pans, bowl, utensils, cups, glasses, etc. Considering that it holds so many dishes, nowhere is there a China or crystal setting. Worse yet, my load is not complete clean, even on the heavy cycle, even though I am using the recommended Finish products. There is no room for bowls, large dishes. Plastic items have a film remaining behind and pots or fry pans still have food in them and a greasy feel to them. Unless you plan to buy the most expensive Bosch model you would be better off with a less expensive model with generic racks that fit the items you cook with as well as just dishes.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I like this stove and the way the burners are located. When I spill, it's easily cleaned up and doesn't leak down into the stove or burners.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

When searching for kitchen appliances during a recent, major kitchen remodel, we decided on Bosch which turned out to be a very poor decision! Two convection ovens, gas cooktop, dishwasher, microwave, and vent hood. After being in service for less than 2 years, both the dishwasher and microwave have required major parts replacement. Don't fall for the hype!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Worst customer experience. Save yourself the nightmare and don't buy Bosch appliances. I spent nearly $3k on a new washer and dryer from Bosch. After almost 3 months I still don't have both machines fully functioning. This is incredibly inconvenient since I have a young child and have to do laundry frequently. Bosch has given my husband and I the run around repeatedly. Their customer support is terrible. We've lost 4 vacation days staying home for repair men and at least 20 hrs of calls and being on hold. They call at 9 pm the night before they come with a window, they change the times, cancel appointments. It just never ends. They obviously don't care about their customers. I would never recommend buying anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Bought a Bosch refrigerator from Floorcraft Appliance in San Francisco Ca in December 2016. I installed it in my new kitchen in March 2017. Within a few weeks noticed that water was pooling under the bottom cheese drawer and freezing the drawer in place. I had several service calls to "flush the line". The last technician noted that the defrost drain line was freezing up and also noticed that the freezer drawer rails were installed incorrectly during manufacture, preventing complete closure of the drawer and recommended replacing the entire unit. Three months later and still waiting for that replacement fridge and the freezer drawer won't close because of a massive ice formation on one side. Now leaking water onto the floor and frozen food thawing.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Recently bought a new Bosch refrigerator 12 days ago. The fridge is not cooling or maintaining temperature. Service technician came to check but didn't have a thermometer. Gave an unsatisfactory reply that the compressor heating up and left. The problem continues. The technical support provided and the Bosch Refrigerator very unsatisfactory.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased my first Bosch appliance (dishwasher) on 6/1/17 after making note of an Installation Rebate offer from Bosch via a Bosch Visa Prepaid Card. The stated purchase date was required to be between 5/17/17 and 6/7/17, which it was. I immediately completed the rebate form even though the latest required postmark must be by 7/7/17 (over a month away). They promised reimbursement within 8 weeks and gave a website and phone number to check its status. After 4 1/2 weeks I received a typed response from Bosch saying that they were unable to process the request because it did not meet the cash register receipt requirement (not dated within the time period designated for this offer). I immediately contacted Lowe's, where I purchased the dishwasher. I spoke with the manager on duty and showed him the copies of the rebated offer, register receipt, response from Bosch, etc.

The manager on duty phoned Bosch rebates directly and verified that the date on the receipt "was" within the required date range. He told me that Bosch claimed that the month of "6" looked like a "5". We found this to be strange because it was obvious to both of us that it was a "6" for June. It was/could also be verified by the date on my charge card. If one person was in doubt, due to poor eyesight, they could of easily asked someone else or used a magnifying glass; which shouldn't of been necessary. Anyway, the Lowe's manager spoke with Bosch that it was the correct date, and that they would immediately process the rebate. The Lowe's manager said I should receive it within 2 weeks. After 2 1/2 weeks I checked their website for my rebate status. It recognized my information and gave me a tracking number; plus stated I had to allow more time.

Two more weeks later, I had still not received it (4 1/2 weeks after the Lowe's manager's phone call, and 9 weeks after purchase). I checked the website again for status. This time it never recognized my name/address (even though I had also completed warranty information on 6/20/17 after 6/18/17 installation). It never recognized my tracking number that it gave me 2 weeks earlier; and when I called their phone number, it never recognized my phone number. They had now lost all of my information (or so they claimed). I (we) both thought their first excuse was inexcusable, but possibly a mistake; but after the 2nd 4 1/2 week period it gives every appearance of being a "scam" (intentional). I no longer believe they intend to honor their rebate offers, and just expect most consumers to forget about it, not care about it, neglect to make copies before sent in, etc.; and just pocket the savings (this time for $145).

Original review: July 24, 2017

This is our second Bosch dishwasher. The first one died within a year and was replaced (though it took ages). We loved the way it worked, esp. the silence of it, but were surprised by the failure of a new appliance. The customer service was not great. New house, new DW: this one died within 11 months of purchase and installation. And I am a super-neat-freak "the dishes are almost clean when they go in" dishwasher user. But still, this new Bosch died 11 months in, and 5 weeks after reporting the problem we're still being given the run-around.

After trying to replace the board and sensor unit on site this past week, the service guys hauled it away, damaging my cabinetry. And suddenly (lo, presto!) we now, 2 days later, have a leak under our sink, which is adjacent to the DW, from where they pulled the fill/drain hoses and did god knows what. Next time I will camp over their shoulders, video camera on. So: 5 weeks after reporting the Bosch unit's failure, we have no dishwasher, and are unable to use our kitchen sink. I am disgusted.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Have an expensive 8 yr old Bosch refrigerator. Already replaced water pump (about $400.) now door handle broke off at bottom. Bosch CS is worthless. Most repair services don't handle bosch - can't readily get parts. Those that do won't give prices - they want $100 service call to diagnose prob and then order parts for 2nd visit. And can't get price of new handle without a costly visit -- some scam they've got going. It also never produces enough ice. Supposed to be stainless steel - aside from not being stainless it's not magnetic - so what kind of SS is it really. My opinion is to never buy bosch anything.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have been an advocate for Bosch for over a decade. We purchased our first dishwasher in 2008 and it was awesome. I can't tell you how many people I referred to purchase Bosch products. We recently purchased a new dishwasher in mid 2015 (SHX68T55UC 24" 800 series built in) and it is built super flimsy and has given us problems on multiple occasions. I was getting tired of troubleshooting and recently it just stopped working altogether. I contacted Bosch customer service and basically they said "sorry not on warranty anymore. It will cost you $125 for a service call + $30 for every 15 minutes of labor + parts". This is just wrong. I could not be more disappointed with the quality and service of Bosch. A $1,000.00 dishwasher should last more than 2 years wouldn't you agree?

Original review: July 12, 2017

When researching new appliances, all the reviews seemed to be negative, regardless of manufacturer. It seemed that nobody posted positive reviews. I bought all four Bosch appliances in March 2017 and had a problem with the refrigerator dripping water inside the 'box' which had pooled under the pull-out chiller drawer. I called the Bosch people and they immediately set up an appointment with an independent local appliance repair service. The tech came out the next day, took everything inside the refrigerator apart and contacted Bosch Techs by phone to determine the required 'fix'. After he was done and had put everything back together, I asked what if that didn't solve the problem and he replied that I would probably get a new refrigerator. The next day it was clear the leaking wasn't fixed.

I called the repair guy and he immediately started a Claim, and gave me the claim number they would send to Bosch, and a phone number for me to contact Bosch. I talked with a very nice Customer Service lady at Bosch and they emailed me a claim form to complete. I was not able to complete it immediately but took the form to the local post office to mail about five days later. When I got home from the post office, the phone rang and it was the Bosch representative confirming that they had already ordered a new refrigerator and a local installer would contact me once the unit was received.

About a week later, their installers came out, removed the old refrigerator and totally set up the new one. When they left there wasn't a trace they had been there and the refrigerator was completely set up. So, I may be in the minority on these "Reviews" but my Bosch appliances work just fine, the Customer Service people are absolutely delightful to work with and they stood behind their product 100%. I couldn't be happier and think potential customers who study the reviews need to see a positive experience among all the negative reviews.

Original review: July 3, 2017

We bought this Bosch Dishwasher less than a year ago to replace a previous Bosch Dishwasher which lasted 11 years! Our experience with the last dishwasher was excellent, dishes, cutlery, cleaned impeccably. Not so with the latest one bought from Lowes, a Bosch 300 Series 46-Decibel Built-In Dishwasher (Stainless Steel) (Common: 24-in; Actual: 23.625-in). Cleaning of all dishes and cutlery is inconsistent, with some not properly cleaned, lingering odor at times but livable. We've had the unit serviced twice, first time the technician replaced the water pump, the second time he basically said there was nothing wrong with the machine.

We called Bosch and initially they were empathetic and indicated they would escalate our situation and possibly replace the unit. But after they received the technician service orders, they advised us that Bosch would not replace the unit. So basically we are stuck with a lemon dishwasher that doesn't perform well with no recourse. Needless to say we are very disappointed with this type of service and indifference. We were Bosch Dishwasher fans, not anymore!

Original review: July 1, 2017

It worked for about 4 months. Then it stopped. Waited 10 days and Bosch repairman found small pieces of food in dishwasher and cleaned it - not warranty (owner fault). Said it worked fine and left. Tried to start it and found it didn't work. Waited 10 days. Bosch repairman returned; found more tiny bits of debris and blamed it on that. Surreptitiously replaced power source. Gave me second lecture about how no debris of any sort can ever go into machine. Machine worked for 2 washings and then broke. Waited 10 days. Bosch repairman returned and found more "debris" (2 tiny pieces of tea leaves, 1/10 of small fingernail and one small plastic filament about the same size). Same lecture. Replaced replacement power source. and left. Has worked fine once.

I am left with the definite impression that the Bosch dishwasher is too delicate to be used as a dishwasher - that all items being dish-washed must first be washed by hand. So the dishwasher turns out to be an odd cabinet for storage. I am elderly and the bits found by the repairman would not be seen by me in any event. I am also left with the possible impression that the power source was broken at every step and the dance I was put through was designed to have me pay a $189 charge upfront, although it should have been covered by warranty all along.

Original review: June 30, 2017

We have had dishwashers since 1974 and were always satisfied. A guarantee should not mean that after 2 years machines should start misbehaving. The baskets are rusting even though no objects that could rust were put in there. The light for the main programme failed. The on off - switch failed. We are very disappointed as the very 1st dishwasher we had from Phillips lasted for ages and we only replaced it because we moved house and had a new kitchen. Very unhappy. If you want to replace the baskets you will have paid for almost a new machine.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Bought a new Bosch dishwasher, when the tech installed the dishwasher it was found to have a fatal error! This was a manufacture defect! Bosch refused to replace unit! Company rec'd an F from BBB!! The company's customer service was worthless, just like their warranty!! Buyers beware of buying the high-end Bosch!!! You pay high you receive very low quality!!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher 2 years ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. It had an interior odor from the very beginning and the smell continues to get worse, unbearable actually. We clean it regularly, wash the filters, use store bought cleaners, have tried vinegar, everything imaginable that I could find on the net. A couple weeks ago I decided to call Bosch. They sent a "a service tech" to the house who was there a total of 5 minutes. He looked in the dishwasher, checked the filter and the wash wand. He confirmed that the machine has an odor, confirmed that it is installed correctly and that the machine was in fact clean and well maintained.

I followed up with Customer Service and was told the problem had been escalated. I was told they would respond within a 24-48 hour window. They didn't. I followed up once again and was told they would do nothing about the situation. When they said a service tech would come by, I assumed that meant they would be able to help. Sadly, it was all a waste of time. There has been nothing done to eliminate the odor and no explanation as to why the odor exists. We are currently renovating and will be replacing the dishwasher. We will NEVER EVER purchase a Bosch appliance again. This was an expensive mistake.

Original review: June 8, 2017

My fridge has been off for 4 days and the Customer Service hasn't done anything for me. The temperature soars to 46 Celsius here. It's been 3 years, we bought the fridge, after 1 year, every summer something happens to it. We have been running in circles and no one has come to fill the gas in the fridge. The numbers are either not answered or the standard reply... "someone will come". Biggest mistake to buy Bosch. Would never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 1, 2017

We purchased a Bosch refrigerator while building our house. By the time we plugged it in we had owned it 6 mos at least. This was in August 2016. By Jan 2017 we began having problems. Ice maker had barely worked from beginning. Then refrigerator part broke right after one yr warranty, even though it had only run 6 mos. $700 in repairs. Now refrigerator began freezing everything. So repairs are over $500. But repairman showed us the part that broke and we put gorilla tape over the air coming out freezing everything until we decided whether to pay another $500 or throw this $3,200 POS in the garbage.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Bosch Dishwasher Model SHE68T55UC/01: Had control panel replaced after a 1 year under warranty. Had to pay for customer service call and installation of part ($189.00). Experiencing intermittent touch panel malfunctions. Called Bosch sent out technician and he was tested machine and there was (1) malfunction out of 4 tries. Technician claimed there is nothing wrong with machine! I explained that this malfunction was intermittent and that out of seven washes there were at least 3-4 malfunctioning touch panel attempts... Bosch has refused replacement of this panel and is acting like there is nothing wrong with this $950 machine!!! I am speaking to a supervisor and I am waiting for a return call... Will follow up of how they treat me! I am not HAPPY!!!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I bought an entire Bosch kitchen last summer. I was cleaning last month and noticed rust and pitting on the door of the fridge. I called Bosch and they asked me to send in pictures to file a claim, so I did my best to show the pitting in the pictures but the surface glare made it difficult. About 2 weeks after I sent in my official claim email I get a response (the initial receipt of the email said I would hear back within 5 business days).

Bosch informs me that rust is a surface cosmetic issue and not covered under the warranty so I call to ask if they saw that there were holes in the stainless door. They said it all looked like surface rust and could be cleaned off. But they were willing to give me 25% off if I want to replace the door. I spent about 10 minutes talking before asking for a supervisor. Talking with the supervisor I was able to get them to send a technician to diagnose if there are actually holes. May 17th: technician confirms that there is uncleanable pitting in the stainless steel door.

Today: May 31st (2weeks since diagnosis) I get a call that they will pay for the parts of the door as a "goodwill gesture" but not for the labor of the replacement. So they admit that their product is bad but won't actually pay to replace it, instead trying to frame it as they are doing me a favor. Absolutely horrendous service, to admit that the door is flawed and provide a new door but make me pay for the labor to replace it (~200$). This has officially been the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced. The representatives were defensive and unwilling to take responsibility for their faulty product. I will never again buy a Bosch appliance and I'll also be sure that no one else does if I can help it.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Awkward trays of clumsy thick plastic don't hold many dishes that come out wet. My 12 years old Miele was wrongly tossed because of a misdiagnosed plumbing problem. Plumbing problem solved. I donated the Bosch dishwasher to charity, purchased a new Miele. I am thrilled with my new Miele.

Bosch Appliances Company Information