2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

Bosch Appliances Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2020

Does a great job. Very pleased from the towels to the farm clothes grease and grime the machine cleans well. We live on a farm and the water use was a big selling point for me, it was great not having the constant worries thru the drought. The shorter cycles on the machine is what I use most, the more grime the more time' for washing. I have had big top loader machines all along when our 4 children were growing up but now with mainly 2 to 4 adults and some times the grandbabies it's perfect.

A friend recommended the brand, I had people say they weren't happy with the front loaders. I decided to pay for the expensive machine, but spare parts expensive. We broke the latch on the door and a new one was $400.00.That was a shock. My son made a high frame to it on for ease of access. No bending for me which is great and a must.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Insane awesome dishwasher! It so quiet they had to put a red light shining to the floor so you know it’s running! It has 3 racks one for silverware and two for larger pans. I purchased the one with crystal wash which had lava rock pellets in it so you you don’t use heat coils to dry your dishes. They come out spot free with finish dishwashing pods and finish liquid (recommend by the manufacturer). I love it???? It's energy efficient more than any dishwasher on the market I think. It cost more but saves you in water and electricity. I recommend it!

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have been a longtime owner of Bosch appliances in every home we own with no issues in the past 20 years. I down sized and moved into a new home. I decided to change out the refrigerator first. I love the new refrigerator with French doors and one big drawer below. Upon delivery my appliance was DOA. It tripped the dedicated breaker in the garage. We plugged it into other outlets in the kitchen to check to see if it was the outlet. They took it away, the rep was very arrogant saying that it was a problem with our electric in our new home. The distributor asked if we could have an electrician check out. The electrician said that we would need to something that he can not and would not do for us. We needed to put an old style non-ARC breaker in for that dedicated outlet.

The retailer brought it back on Tuesday the following week after my husband installed a Non-ARC required by code breaker. It works. So we needed to break the electrical code to keep this appliance. The electrician said that their refrigerator and DW's have that issue. In the country they are made, they do not replicate the electrical supply with breakers like we have in the US for testing and this problem is known by the reps, distributors, and the company. I would love to see them do something about it. We have an electrical code for a reason. ARC's have been required since about 2013 or so. You would think they would have corrected this by now. All of my other homes were not new- last three so it was not an issue with the breakers. You choose.

Original review: March 5, 2020

BEST dishwasher ever owned. It's under the counter dw. The noise level is you don't hear it at all! Stainless steel inside 2 racks adjustable everything for all dishes, pots and pans, cookie sheets, everything. 2 compartments (can be removed) for silverware. 1 rack above for long handled and wooden etc utensils. Best part is cleaning. Pull out the bottom rack, rolls out easily. Remove the filter easy, wash it out in sink and put it back in about every 3-6 mo. Filter is stainless steel. Several modes of cleaning from pots and pans, to crystal glasses. Air Dry or steam. Everything is cleaned 100% everytime. Cost to run is next to nothing.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We have a Bosch dishwasher (model SHX5AVF5UC/22) that is about 2 years old. It stopped working and I called the 800 customer support to get a repair tech. The lady I spoke to spent almost 30 minutes talking me through troubleshooting and performing a reset of the appliance. By the time we were done, it was working perfectly again. Most companies would have just had a repair tech come out and charge a bunch of money. Not Bosch. Next time we're in the market for another appliance, it is Bosch all the way. I was very surprised by the customer support and the helpful attitude from their representative.

Joe

Loganville, GA

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have a fully equipped kitchen of brand new Bosch appliances. I started using them in April of 2019. In early November of that year, a small part on the lower freezer drawer broke off. This is the main freezer. I called Bosch service directly to schedule the repair. I was told that they contract their service out and that they only had two service companies in the entire San Diego county area, a HUGE area. Only one of these service companies was willing to come out and take look. The serviceman came out but did not have the part needed. He ordered it from Bosch. I heard nothing for 3 months.

When I called Bosch in February 2020, still no part available. Now May, I called again and was told that the part was still not available and was “probably” coming from China and in fact may be discontinued altogether. I was told there was nothing they could do and that they will TRY and call IF it comes in. Wow. Beware! Choose appliances that have better service available and customer care in place.

Original review: May 27, 2020

The platforms that the feet of the cast iron grates sit on are ridiculously small and unstable. Causing the grate to slide off the platform and toward the center of the cooktop and then any pot on top of the cooktop to also be unstable. Worst cooktop design I have ever seen. This is a simple and very basic function. I cannot believe this would be an issue. Very unsafe and unsettling. Wish I could upload a photo!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Good job of cleaning cloths and uses very little water. Easy to use, even a guy who rarely washes clothes can figure out how to use the many features. Also it spins fast enough to get most cloths fairly dry.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I like this washer because it has many options from small to large loads. Delicate, hand wash, permanent press, quick wash or full cycle. I bought it used and it's been working great for 2 years already.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Buyer beware!!! Don’t buy your appliance from Bosch! They used to high quality but that is NO LONGER the case! Bought all Bosch appliances brand new 2 years ago. The oven and the microwave have both died. I WILL never buy Bosch again.

Bosch Appliances Company Information