Bosch Appliances

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Bosch DHD3014SS Downdraft for behind my new Bosch cooktop and discovered after only two years that it stopped working and needed outrageously expensive replacement and repair parts. The up/down switch failed and damaged the motor and transformer costing as much as some new downdrafts to repair. I hardly even use it and it was obviously not the first time this happened because my repairman has seen this before in this product. My GE downdraft lasted over 20 years and the one year warranty on this is inadequate for such an expensive and poorly built appliance. I know Bosch must be aware of this problem because they refused to allow me to post a negative review on their company website. I will NEVER purchase another Bosch product and I would never recommend the Bosch downdraft. How can they refuse to allow negative comments on their own website and expect people to trust their reviews?

Let it be known, the Bosch website controls how many negative reviews can be posted. Mine was rejected when I complained about the lettering disappearing from the controls of my Bosch dishwasher. There are many non-Bosch website reviews critical of this issue. It would be suspicious if there were no critical reviews, so some are obviously allowed, but compare the 5 star and 1 star percentages to Amazon's reviews. Quite a different story.

BOSCH STEAMER (CDG634B.1B). Avoid this product as it is not fit for purpose. It does not work. Having complained to Bosch we have had two engineer's visits to no avail and a subsequent replacement product that is as useless as the first. Bosch know that this product is not fit for purpose as they warn their engineers of the customer complaints they are likely to encounter. Complaints to Bosch are met with obfuscation and a refusal to refund any monies paid. We will never buy another product from this manufacturer.

Bosch 500 Series HBE5451UC - From installation forward the oven would not heat up to temperature. We bought it through Sears. I called Sears Repair twice. They just gave me the runaround wanting me to bake various things and keep track of how long they took to bake. Sears was not interested in my problem. Called the Bosch Service line. They gave me the name of and excellent repair service that would drive 60 miles to my home in the mountains. The repair technician evaluated the oven and found it had a bad "board", I suppose circuit board. It took 3 visits from the repair tech. The wrong board was first sent. Once the correct board was installed the oven is reaching temperature. However it continues to not bake good evenly. It bakes things faster in the back of the oven than at the front. I have to watch or bread or cake will be burned in the back of the oven while still pale at the front.

The baking rails are a real danger. There is only one pair of rails with the oven. I tried to buy a second pair so I could bake 2 pans at a time and they are not available. So, I tried inserting a pan without the rails. It is very dangerous!! You have to be very careful or the pan falls out and would dump its contents on the floor. So, the oven has very limited use with only one usable rack for a pan limiting how much one can back at a time. This is the 3rd wall oven we have had in this cabinet in the 40 years we have lived in the house. It is 34 inches up from the floor. Every time I open the oven it blows hot air into my face fogging my glasses. I have to step back and wait for my glasses to clear before I can check or remove whatever is baking. As a Public Health Nurse I am concerned this oven has too many safety issues and is a menace to the consumer.

Purchased a model shs5av56uc Bosch dishwasher. Less than 2 months old. Service module out. Service came has no idea when the part will be in. Bosch won't post my review on their website. Only positive reviews. Bosch will not respond to my concerns. I have never had this issue with any other brand. Terrible appliance. Would not buy another Bosch again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

I am a senior and have owned Dishwashers all of my adult life. This machine is just over a year old and it needs a service because of not draining. I have never had to get a repair on any of my previous machines. As I look online this appears to be a common problem with Bosch.

The compressor on our Bosch refrigerator seized after just 7 years. The cost to repair was more than we paid for our new refrigerator - NOT a Bosch, a Frigidaire Gallery. Stay away from dual evaporators - sounds nice, but it's too complex for the government-mandated efficiencies. (The Bosch dishwasher is great.)

Bought a Bosch Refrigerator May 2011. A year later, the ice maker went out. Repair tech told us it would cost $500 to fix. We've been using bagged ice ever since. Last week it started beeping and no cold air was circulating even though the control panel said it was cold. Called Bosch Customer Service, there is only ONE service repair shop in our area and it took 5 days for him to come out to look at it. We've spent the whole time living out of an ice chest with 2 young kids. Not fun. When the tech came it took him 10mins to say it probably needed a new control panel but he wasn't sure that would fix the problem. New part costs $750 ($250 for 1hr of labor!!!). When I asked him if we got a "lemon", he said no, this is normal. WTF. Never buying Bosch again!!!

Long story short, I bought a 500 series Bosch and after 2 months it started malfunctioning. I must say Bosch Customer Services did try to fix it by replacing two computers and a pump, but it still malfunctioned. They finally replaced it after numerous calls, service calls and emails. I bought a different brand. Bosch did call me back unprompted by a call from me to see how things were going and even after it was replaced, I got a call from one of the managers about problems with a dealer refund. I found them to at least care about their customer to go out of the way to assist me. As for the product and I have had Bosch's before, it was a lemon. Previous bosch dishwashers were great and my niece even has the same one I had but hers worked beautifully. After an 8 month ordeal, I don't think I would buy one again, but it's only because I don't want to ever experience this amount of hassle again over anything.

Washer dryer hardly been used. Not working. Paid almost £600.00. Told today by customer services about an almost £600 washer dryer that has only be used a few times, "We cannot guarantee that our products are not faulty and that they will always reliable." Thanks for letting me know for future reference.

A lot of time and $$ spent trying to purchase a new motor control module. Not Available! Anywhere. Sent mine out to be fixed - not able - parts not available. We now have to throw out a perfectly good washer and dryer stackable unit (3 yrs old) because of the part. Has anyone else had this problem? What a waste of money! (let alone the environmental aspects). Off to spend $2,000.00 - not on Bosch!!!

My Bosch front loader has leaked and builds a moldy buildup since day one. I wish I would have taken it back immediately. Don't buy Bosch front loaders. See picture for the rust.

My Bosch oven developed a crack in the glass door. Contacted customer services to explain the problem. They arranged for an engineer to call 4 days later between 8 & 5 pm. The engineer did not turn up till after 4.30 pm. He then confirmed a fault but said he could not fix it as he had no part. Checked on his laptop to discover the wrong part had been ordered anyway & was not booked out to any engineer. Proceeded to contact Bosch & was told a repair could not be arranged for another week. This meant I had no oven for two weeks. Really not on. In our sixties & I also provide meals for my elderly neighbour who suffers from Alzheimer's. Contacted a person from the company & no help from them. One very dissatisfied customer & doubt I would buy anything again or recommend to friends. Poor after care service.

Bought this several months ago to replace worn out dishwasher. Very expensive. Fits relatively small volume of dishes. Does ok job of cleaning but not better than a basic GE profile when new. Does NOT dry the dishes, even when using the sanitize feature and rinse aid. Have to spend extra time drying dishes at end of cycle! This dishwasher is a bust and a ripoff so far as I'm concerned since they charge above average price for below average performance.

Just bought a new Bosch one week ago. Terrible installation. The machine was left with lots of water in it. And a HORRIBLE SMELL! I was also dismayed by the extremely small amount of dishes that could be loaded due to the small spaces between the tines and the direction of them. I could not get anywhere near the same load in as my great whirlpool prior to this. I usually do one load a week or less. I filled the washer to try as the manual says the product comes with a smell!! Really! Could the installer or salesman explain this or say what to do about it? Then after the load it was still wet inside and still stinks. I've had it and it's only been 5 days.

We got our Bosch dishwasher 2 weeks ago. It was very labor intensive to set up. Too many bells and whistles. Also we did have a problem with water accumulation. We were told to use the extra shine button. This works. However we have to make sure we are here when the dishwasher is done so we can open it right away to let out the steam. So we have to take the extra step of setting the timer. Also it takes a very long time- 2 1/2 hours for the cycle to get done with the auto button and the extra shine button.

Also the amount of dishes you can put in seems small. The plus here is that the dishwasher is very quiet. We got the Bosch hoping for an energy efficient machine. We do have to rinse the dishes first so that also takes up extra water. Perhaps this is a good model if you are a caterer, but cumbersome for general household use. My old broken down dishwasher did a better job of cleaning and drying in half the time. It's actually easier for me to wash my dishes by hand unless we have company.

Installed new "factory fresh" Bosch dishwasher for my mother on August 17, 2016. 20 minutes into initial clean cycle E:15 code appears on display with drain pump running continuously. Called Bosch customer service and was told this indicates an internal water leak. Bosch provided 3 phone numbers for local service technicians and told me I would need to schedule a repair appointment because Bosch customer service was too busy taking other calls. Earliest appointment was 1 week out. Bosch factory certified technician confirmed internal water leak and after 1 hour of troubleshooting determined the distribution/circulation pump seal needs to be replaced. The new part (which retails for less than $2.00) will take 3-5 business days to arrive and then a follow-up appointment can be scheduled to install the new part.

Based on the other reviews I've read, I am skeptical that this will solve the problem. The other observation during the initial clean cycle was that while the unit was draining, a large amount of black debris seemed to be discharging through the drain hose. I am wondering if this is the mold problem I've read in some of the other complaints/reviews. The drain hose is almost clear so it was easy to see the darker looking debris. After a couple of drain cycles, the discharge water was free of black debris. I understand the units are tested in the factory before being packed up for shipment so a small amount of water in the bottom of the pump is normal but why the mold? When I mentioned this to the Bosch customer service representative I was told that they had never heard of such a thing before (really?!).

Why didn't the factory test detect the leak problem? If it did, was a decision made to go ahead and ship a defective unit out anyway? I have an older Bosch dishwasher (purchased in 2008) that never had problems like this. My mother always comments on how quiet it runs when she visits. It would appear Bosch has significant quality control issues on the assembly line and perhaps throughout the entire enterprise that need to be addressed. Customer service is basically constrained to follow a script that seems to weigh heavily in favor of the corporation's bottom line and not the end user. I will be loath to recommend Bosch products to anyone until these systemic problems are rectified. This could be the undoing of what was once revered as a solid company as consumers find better products from other vendors.

It looks like my mother just wasted $700 on a flawed product and instead has bought into the additional frustration of chasing warranty claims. I should mention that I own a now discontinued front loading Bosch clothes washing machine that recently was involved in a class action settlement (you might have guessed, for mold problems) for which I received a check in the amount of $55. That amount does not cover the cost of a new front door seal that breeds black mold every 12 months or so requiring replacement. I am on my 3rd door seal in 3 years of use. The first replacement was under warranty. The second replacement was at my expense (~$85 plus shipping plus an hour of my time to install it!).

I recently moved into a new construction townhome with a Bosch Dishwasher. I immediately noticed the dishwasher had some issues and a pump ran for about 3-4 days after the cycle was finished. I called Bosch customer service and they said if they sent someone out and there was an installation vice a mechanical error I would be charged for the trip despite the dishwasher still being under warranty. I can understand that if they didn't do the installation they would not be responsible for installation issues, but charging for the trip (I can't remember the price, but it wasn't insignificant) is ridiculous when it's a brand new dishwasher.

How am I expected to know what the problem is? I didn't know what the source of the problem was, so I decided to wait and contact the installer. I finally got an appointment made through the installer about a month later (the repairman was actually a Bosch employee anyways). He determined the tub was cracked and not repairable. I will admit it took me about a week to send them my closing documentation from the house (proof of date of purchase), although I feel like they should have a record of sale to the builders someplace. The appointment was in mid June. It is now end of August and I still don't have my dishwasher.

Bosch called me once by accident and said they would be in touch within 24 hours to confirm I was eligible to have my dishwasher replaced. I called them multiple times to see what the hold up was, they never had a good excuse (kept saying it would be 5-7 business days to verify that I was eligible for replacement). I don't know how long it takes to verify that a dishwasher is less than a year old, but apparently it takes Bosch over 2 months. What finally broke my cool and had me write this interview was my final few calls with Bosch and the installer. I called the installer and they said they were only waiting on the approval paperwork from Bosch and said they would call Bosch again to have it sent. I called Bosch again the next day and they said they would send the paperwork within 30 min.

I called the installer for the, hopefully, final time today and discovered they finally have the paperwork, but they don't actually have a dishwasher for me yet and won't have one for another 3 weeks! This is absolutely ridiculous. I can put up with a lot, but the level of incompetence and amount of blame passed back and forth between the installer and Bosch is intolerable. They obviously do not stand by their product and are incapable of processing the simplest paperwork. This is actually the first review I've ever written, I know that makes some people disregard it, but it's because of their complete incompetence I feel infuriated and obligated to get this experience in writing. I didn't even use any swear words. Their product isn't bad from what I can tell, but they need to fix their customer service.

I have a stainless Bosch model SHX43R55uc/64 and it STINKS like no other even cheap dishwasher I have ever owned in my entire life!! I am looking to replace it due to the SMELL, it cleans the dishes well but the smell in the unit after the wash is enough to choke a sanitary worker. It smells like dead animals. I take a turkey baster and remove about 4 full basters full of water out of the bottom below the filter that if left there gets putrid, then put some bleach in it but fear that my dishes are being washed with bleach. I had a repair man out and he said, "Nothing you can do about it that's the way it was designed"!

I have spoke to Bosch two times and Lowe's whom I bought it from two times. I explained there is condensation all over the dishes after they are washed and if you leave it sit, it causes the dishes to SMELL. I flat out told them the only difference between this dishwasher and every other dishwasher I have ever owned is the heating element on the bottom. The first rep at Bosch said this was not the issue. I politely asked if there is anyway to exchange this dishwasher for another and both places have answered NO. Basically said there is nothing I can do except buy another dishwasher. The rep at Bosch said "oh it's probable because there is no heating element on the bottom." I said exactly. This is a terrible product. I thought Bosch was the best. I will never buy a Bosch product again. The willingness of customer service to make this right was not existent.

I have had my Bosch dishwasher for two years now. Last October (after having it for 14 months) I finally figured out what was on my dishes when I removed them from the dishwasher after running them through the cycle. IT WAS MOLD. I called Bosch, I wrote to Bosch - finally they agreed to send someone out to check out my dishwasher for which I would be responsible for paying the service fee. At first I agreed and then phoned them back and said I would not pay it as I felt the dishwasher was still considered new.

They did eventually send someone out - a 19 year old boy who walked into the house 'knowing what my problem was'. He said this happens a lot because people don't bother to clean out the food trap at the bottom of the dishwasher and the accumulating food is causing the mold. Hmmm. Well, he took my dishwasher apart and surprise! There was nothing in the trap. I did not bother to tell him that I thoroughly rinse all the dishes/silver before placing it in the dishwasher. He did not know what to say so he just said he would get back in touch with Bosch. He said possible it needed a new control board.

Well after going back and forth with Bosch - and tossing out ALL my dishes, silver and glassware due to it being infected with the black mold - I was told to run it through a clean cycle using a solution. I did this and was afraid to use my dishwasher in case it came back... Well, this morning when I unloaded the dishwasher - IT'S BACK! I'm not even going to try again - I will go out this weekend and buy a different brand. Now my microwave that I bought at the same time - has gotten steam under the glass on the front door for the longest time. Noticed a few months ago that the plastic around the outside of the window is cracked in two places. Will I ever purchase another Bosch appliance? NEVER!

DO NOT BUY BOSCH APPLIANCES. Lousy quality, terrible, unethical and helpless customer service, supervision and management policies. I currently own several thousand dollars of expensive Bosch appliances that are in my judgement and based on experience, poorly designed, poorly engineered, poorly fabricated with deficient materials & components and assembled with lousy craftsmanship Poorly made products indeed, contrary to other high quality Bosch tools, equipment and electronic components used in German made cars. The microwave oven [HMB5050/01] is sitting there for more than six months waiting for Bosch to authorize me to take it to a local dealer at no charge for their required service inspection. It is unacceptable, unreasonable and unethical that the microwave oven is totally useless after only a year+ and should have to be replaced under warranty even if it had expired a few months prior.

Now, for whatever reason the SS refrigerator doors are rusting!!! badly [B26FT70SNS/04]. It is unreasonable and unacceptable for any 300 series quality ASME SS to rust in this day and age, it is terrible that your customer service rep argued on the 10 yr warranty first that it was the cleaning product we use [none-my wife will not use any chemicals] and then that warranty only covers rusted perforations!!! I understand manufacturing quality problems that escape inspection or lousy purchasing specifications for defective austenitic steels [industry wide problem] but expect for the manufacturer as reputable as Bosch [was] to back its products ethically and accordingly to the nameplate they carry. The ice maker doesn't work, the shelving pops out, and it cracks easily.

The dishwasher’s [800 SERIES SHE68R55UC] text by the buttons has faded away and sometimes it doesn’t dry completely and to top it all, I did not get my full $1500 rebate from Bosch when I purchased all the appliances under a ridiculous excuse on some of the appliances [“we don’t recognize the serial numbers”]. Reading throughout the enormous quantity of negative internet posts it looks like this should be a recall issue. I was hopeful that Bosch would come through as you all have with other customers but they didn’t. Their policies are not applied in a consistent manner; A reviewer at Amazon said "I was very pleased that Bosh arranged to have my microwave fixed, even though it was 3 years out of warranty. I encourage anyone with similar problems to contact them rather than rant and rave about the problem, give them a chance to make it right.” Well, not to me regrettably.

Bought a Bosch dishwasher. Found what I wanted and went to Lowe's. Made it clear I didn't want the third rack. Said I couldn't get the one I wanted in white, it only came in stainless steel so we went up a model. Looked it up and said I couldn't get that one in white so we went up another model. So they delivered and installed it and when I looked it had a third rack. We use tall glasses and I am use to my Maytag having room for tall glasses and big cookie sheets and even gallon jugs. They don't fit so everything but glasses get washed by hand. Sorry it's quiet, new so no problems but doing dishes by hand.

We bought our Bosch Ascenta Dishwasher two years ago. One year and one month to the date of purchase it quit working. Called them. They came out and fixed it. Argued with me but they fixed it. One year later, same problem. Now it's out of warranty and they won't fix it. Won't even really discuss with me. How can a name brand, like Bosch, not be able to build a dishwasher that will last more than one year? Or two? And when I get customer service, how can they not care? Amazing? I asked for help and they told me to get an analysis and then UPPER MANAGEMENT will determine whether they are going to help me. Crazy. Does the president/CEO of the company have to review every single case? What a joke. I will NEVER purchase or recommend a Bosch appliance again in my life EVER.

Three years ago, I purchased a stackable washer and dryer for my condominium. Since I had limited space for these products, I chose Bosch. Now, the dryer stopped working so I call a repair service. $450.00 later, the unit still does not work. I called directly to Bosch to see what they could do about my problem. They sent a tech to review the problem and he diagnosed it as a failed control module. Bosch wanted me to pay for the service and the part which would have been another $300.00 or so. To total this cost so far ($750) if I replaced the part is not a good idea because I could get a new dryer for about $800.00.

I feel that Bosch product is inferior and service is "zero". As a small business owner, I think this is disgraceful. I stand behind my products and service and incur extra service costs when I have to. Even though it sometimes erases my profit on the job, I always take care of my customers. This is a "big" company and can well afford to take care of their customers in a proper manner.

I owned a Bosch dishwasher which worked well for 15 years before the timer broke. I did not hesitate to purchase a new Bosch based on my prior experience. If you are thinking of buying one (MODEL SHP65TL5UC) and do not want to throw lots of money out the window and be dissatisfied, I would advise you to seek a different brand. First of all, the dishes do not dry thoroughly and come out with a weird slightly damp feeling even when using a Rinse Aid and normal cycle plus sanitize feature. I have tried to use this beefed up normal cycle with the sanitize cycle even with very lightly soiled dishes and even when the dishwasher is half full because the economy cycle gave me very damp dishes and actually wet plastic bowls. Even with the sanitize cycle which provides extra heat, the bottoms of coffee cups or bowls need to be dried with a towel. Why put things in the dishwasher if you are still drying them??

Secondly, there is an ugly smell when you open the dishwasher. I took out the filter and there is about a cup of water that I was told stays at the bottom of the dishwasher at all times (just got this information from Bosch Customer Service). I run this dishwasher twice a week so this same water is just sitting there in an enclosed container for days on end so no wonder the water smells rank - and I have beautiful sparkling sweet tasting well water.

How can Bosch deliver a product with such inferior design flaws? I can see from the reviews that many people are having these same problems so Customer Service cannot pretend they never heard this complaint. I intend to pursue this Bosch because I have owned this product for only two weeks and refuse to be stuck with such a bad dishwasher but poor performance with ridiculous design flaws. I guess Bosch is resting on former laurels because I would rank this as a big 0 if there was that option here.

Really disappointed, would not recommend purchasing anything from this corporation. Regardless of existing warranty, they charge a ridiculous price for repairment. I was told the repairment fee would cost $129 but when the technician came he wanted to make sure I was "told the right pricing" and mentioned that it will be $129 + $30 for every quarter of an hour. My dishwasher was still under warranty, yet no one cared. I strongly believe that as consumers, we have the right to be informed. Unfortunately, Bosch Corporation is taking advantage of consumers.

I would also like to mention that I spoke with a supervisor, named Rye, who did not possess any of his duties as a supervisor. As a fiduciary agent of the corporation, the supervisor did not seem to care about me being misinformed and kept on blaming me for not understanding the situation. I am extremely disappointed and I really do not wish any customer to experience what I just went through.

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher for $749 a little over four years ago. We also purchased the five-year extended warranty. To date we have changed the door which was rusting, circulation pump assembly, the control panel, and have been told that the original pump is bad now. HOWEVER, they won't pay for it because they say we have spent more for repairs than the dishwasher costs so they won't repair anymore -- yet we are still in our five-year warranty period. AND we finally, after going through the maintenance company for months and dealing directly with Bosch, got the pump sent to us. This is still not the problem! Not many more parts on this dishwasher but I would never buy another Bosch appliance. The Warranty Company sent one company to fix it for the original pump, another for the computer control panel, and a third, sent by Bosch, to check it out and none had the same diagnosis. AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

Despite college and graduate school, I was unable to get the machine to wash and dry dishes while following the written instructions each time I tried to use it. After three years of wrestling with the problem, I finally felt so defeated that I had had enough and replaced it with one by another manufacturer. This experience cured me of buying Bosch.

Bosch does not stand behind their products. Several of their dishwashers are being recalled for a bad control panel. It can go bad and catch on fire. My dishwasher was not in the recall. However, the part went bad. It had a burnt control panel. I contacted Bosch. Sent them pictures of the control panel, the burnt portion, etc. FIVE DAYS LATER Bosch e-mails me back. Apologizes for the delay, of course. Say they are sending a repair fella out to my house. FIVE DAYS AFTER they get my e-mail, they tell me this!!! I am a female who HATES to wash dishes! How long did Bosch think I would wait till I went and purchased another dishwasher or fixed the current one?

Frankly I believe that was the whole point of WAITING FIVE DAYS BEFORE E-MAILING ME! Bosch says that since the repair was performed before their authorized service guy came to look at it, they would not pay for the part! I believe that was Bosch's whole point!!! I will never purchase another Bosch product. Bosch is a 'dirty' company that does their utmost to prevent having to fix their problems!

Bosch Appliances Company Profile