2.08/5

871 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Bosch dishwashers are the absolute biggest pieces of junk! I spent over $800.00 on their dishwasher and it has broken down 20 times in 6 months! My cousin was going to purchase 50 dishwashers for a condo unit he is building. Guess what!? He isn't anymore! The stench from the dishes not getting cleaned is disgusting. Never, ever buy Bosch for anything! Their customer service is the WORST!!! The water does not fill leaving the dishwasher to run for over 2 hours never cleaning a single dish. I have had dinner parties and the dishwasher has not worked, (as usual) leaving myself and my guests disgusted at the mess. I will discourage every single person I know to never, ever purchase ANYTHING from this fraud company. Shame on them for making such cheap garbage!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Friends please do not go for Bosch brand front load washing machine. I made wrong decisions in buying Bosch washing machine. I bought it on 6/7/2016 for 25k and it is stopped working now as on 25/9/2018 in just 2 years and 2 months. Warranty period is 2 years. Service person visited the site on 1/10/2018 and inspected the machine and told drum and gasket has gone and needs to be replaced. The cost for replacement as they told first is 11800. After discussion with Bosch higher officials they have given 50% discount and now the cost I need to pay is around 6000. Investing 6000 in 2 years for service is not a small amount. People buy the product by trusting brand and my kind request to Bosch is do not sell this type of cheap quality products to consumers. My kind request to consumers is if you want to buy washing machine please do not go for Bosch which is designed to work only for warranty period I think.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We upgraded our kitchen 5 years ago and went with Bosch because they were supposedly high quality appliances. We bought a Bosch built in oven/microwave appliance and did a custom rock wall around it. The appliance failed with 1 1/2 years. Bosch was not easy to deal with. We could not get a Bosch repair person because they refused to travel into the county side. Bosch did replace it with a slightly different size unit, so we had to adjust our wall. Now 3 years later this unit has failed. I have been put on hold for over 2 hours with no one answering the phone. I have emailed and received no response. We have wasted our money and time dealing with this company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased a new Bosch refrigerator at Best Buy less than a year ago for almost $3,000. The fridge broke in less than a year and when I reached out to Bosch to get a repair they sent me to a third party company that sent out a person who evaluated the fridge and said we needed parts to fix it. They ordered parts, after 2 weeks they told me the parts on back order. I called Bosch directly and they said the parts were being ordered directly from them and they are not on back order. So they suggested to send their own technician to come and fix the fridge with the parts. The technician they sent a week later had no idea why he was there and had no parts. They needed to send a different technician the following week.

When he finally arrived he said the fridge is broken and needed to be replaced that it cannot be repaired. Bosch a week later after their process said that fridge is discontinued and they needed to order a different model that is also the same size and cost. We waited another 2 weeks for that fridge and when that finally came it was the wrong size. My 73 year old parents have been without a properly working fridge for over a month. They lost money on spoiled food and having to eat out and had to buy another small fridge to be able to live. The customer representatives seem extremely unorganized, unprofessional. I have never had such a terrible experience. This company is a nightmare to deal with. I'm not sure how this will be resolved but we have lost money and lots of time and stress and still don't have the right fridge in place.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

In late 2015, we bought a refrigerator (33 in. W 24.8 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel with Icemaker) and a microwave/oven combo (stainless steel 30 Inch Wide 4.6 Cu. Ft. Electric Built-In Combination Oven with 1.6 Cu. Ft. Microwave and True European Convection Lower Oven). We chose the Bosch brand based on reputation, longevity, performance, and design.

Unfortunately, neither of these products has performed well considering they are both 3 years old. The refrigerator completely stopped working and had a large build up of frost on the back wall of the freezer wall. A service technician with Hagedorn’s Appliances fixed this problem by calling a Bosch technician to learn the control panel and plugs stopped working. The technician commented that this is a rare issue and was surprised the appliance was a Bosch due to the reputation. We were charged $688.79 to fix this issue. The microwave control panel is dim and we are unable to see what buttons we are pushing. The technician from Hagedorn’s said this is a realistic issue and fixable problem to the tune of $350.00. We have not scheduled this repair at this time.

The third item we bought from Bosch were $775 dishwashers. We bought 2 of these. To say we love the dishwasher better than the microwave and refrigerator would be true; however we must stop short of saying these items are ‘exceptional’ in any way. The doors seemed ‘warped’ and don’t shut well all the time. The washing capabilities are fair (sometimes leaves marks) and the time to complete is crazy long 2.5 hours, even close to that on ‘speed’ mode. However the washing quality is worse. We will give it credit for being quiet, that it is, well done there. We really have just had a hard time and these products are not the ‘show pieces’ we had thought we bought just 3 short years ago. It will be hard for us to consider Bosch for the price and performance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased the Bosch microwave/speed oven (800 series) with an extended warranty along with several other Bosch appliances during a kitchen remodel in 2016. During the two years we have owned the appliances, the microwave has broken down three times. Bosch's customer service has been atrocious! Many weeks waiting for an appointment and then more time waiting for parts and subsequent visits from a repairman. Most recently, the control panel was completely replaced on 8/17/18. This has been a horrible experience made worse today when I discovered during a baby shower that the Bosch warming drawer installed under the oven units had been damaged during the repair to the microwave! Never again will I recommend or purchase a Bosch product.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

After fighting cheap dishwashers for years, I decided to "upgrade" to a quality machine to stop the bleeding of repairs. Two years and $750 in repairs later, I've had a circuit board go out on this dishwasher and I can't be more disgusted. Save the money, buy a cheap dishwasher and replace it when it breaks. Don't spend the $900 on a Bosch unit hoping it will solve the issues; it won't, it will be more painful instead.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Just called Bosch and once again I got a remarkably rude and unhelpful customer rep. She could not be bothered telling me about two specific dryers and told me to look online. Her attitude was clearly one of not caring in the least about helping the consumer or making a sale. I would have bought a new dryer from Bosch if not for her. Not now!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I am contractor, build new homes for sale. Have been building and selling new homes for the past 15 years. I have never had such a horrible experience like the one I had with this company. The new stove for the new house I sold to a homeowner does not work and have been trying to get the company to send someone to fix it for the past 3 days. They have given me 5 different telephone numbers for someone to come and take a look it. Each of them will tell me, I do not know why they gave you their number for they only service what is bought from their store. The bottom line is - stay away from any appliance with name "BOSCH on it". Their appliance and customer service is the worst you can think.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Our Bosch Dryer is on the fritz and we called Bosch Factory Service to come fix it. On their first visit they found a stripped screw that was causing the pump problem. Unfortunately he didn't have a replacement piece on hand. That's kind of poor form, but whatever. On the second visit he never showed up. And didn't communicate at all until after the allotted time.

On the third visit he called in sick 30 min before the appointment. On the 4th visit right before the end of the 2 hour window he called to say he was running 2 hours late. ** but, again, fine. After those two hours said he was almost here... before finally having his headquarters call and say he wasn't coming. When I called the main number back they denied having any service call, then changed their story to there is nothing they can do about Mechanic no-shows. Generally poor service. Can't wait until they get disrupted by some service startup that actually comes on time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Absolutely disgusted with Bosch at this moment in time. Washing machine just out of warranty was delivered on 3rd June 2016. Has now started tripping the RCD. Contacted Bosch and they have said there is nothing they can do. It will cost £99.00 plus VAT for the call out and parts on top. They are not willing to even contribute towards the cost. Extremely disappointed with Bosch. I have just bought a new Bosch for another house this week, but this will be the last one I ever buy.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I wish I could give no stars. My Bosch dishwasher broke after 3 years. Customer service said "Oh well." I had a tech come out 5 times. They said these machines are very expensive but horribly made. It can’t be fixed! Stay away from Bosch!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I am shocked at Bosch's lack of concern for their customers, they scheduled me for a repair between 12-3pm, but no one ever showed and they didnt call. So I contacted them to find out whats going on and they told me that the technician is held up at another location so give him until 5pm. So 5pm comes and no one calls... again. So I called again... and yet again they told me that the technician is still held up so give him 25 to 35 minutes. I am disgraced and disgusted by the lack of consideration for their customers. I WILL NOT recommend buying a Bosch product!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Very poor quality. Combo oven/microwave broke down 3 times less than 2 years after purchase. Parts take up to 3 weeks to come in. Have a warmer which broke-down 1 week after purchase... Customer service is lousy, never call to give status... Go away running. Says German but in fact make in China.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I filed for rebates and before submitting the claim I called them to confirm my serial numbers and they gave me false information therefore causing them to lie to me and get on hold my claim. They try to scam everybody and try their hardest not to give any sort of rebate to anyone. Now I call them and apparently they don't have any knowledge of what happened and who I talked to. A "serious" company cannot pull up any call records yet they say before you call them that the phone call will be recorded. These liars will be all over the newspapers. The way their sales pitch works now before you buy it you are eligible of up to 15 percent back. Then by the time your appliances are delivered it's too late to open a claim. BEWARE OF THESE LIARS AND SCAMMERS.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have never seen such pathetic customer service support from any product company. After registering a complaint you need to follow up for mechanic visit. Mechanic will come and check everything. After that no response until you call them again and ask for update. They are least bothered and unprofessional while dealing with customers. In my case I have at least called them (Indore local center) 10 times, Have called Bosch customer support 9 times but no one is really serious about the problem I am facing. It's been almost 2 months now and still I am following up.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I called Bosch customer service on the 9th June 2018 to inform them that my washing machine was not working. The adviser ask me to provide the registration mobile number which I did and I ask her when did the technician call me. She say within 48 hours and she book an engineer visit for me on the 11th of June 2018. But no one should called me at that date. Again and again I request for service but there is no response.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I called Bosch customer service on the 22nd April 2018 to inform them that my oven was not working. The adviser ask me to provide the FD number which I did and I ask her who will be paying for the cost of the repair and she said it was free and she book an engineer visit for me on the 25th of April 2018. On that day the engineer came and look at the oven and said he will need to order the parts from Germany and that he will be back.

On the 3rd of May 2018 another engineer came with the parts that the first engineer have order and said the parts were wrong that he need to go back and order the right parts for the oven and he starting asking me for receipt for my oven. I am so upset because why will an engineer that visited my house will order the wrong parts. This show that your engineers are not capable of doing their job. Another engineer came on the 4th of June 2018 to fix the oven and he said he forgot for come with the clock for the oven. That he will need to come back. I am so disappointed in the service provided.

Original review: June 10, 2018

In the last 12 months, I've bought a high end Bosch flexi-induction, series 8 oven and washing machine. The first two, I intentionally paid a premium for it as they are made in Germany while the washing machine made in Thailand. The branding has bring down not only tarnished her brand but to Germany as a world-class engineering country. Almost everyone knows top quality engineering comes from Germany like Porsche, BMW, Merc, Audi, Miele etc.

Utterly disappointing with less than 12 months, there were multiple service calls on the new oven, induction and washing machine. It’s not a coincidence. Three products all have issues, be it German made or not. Almost all my white goods and big household items are Bosch. Going forward, I’ll just go for China or Korean brands that are significantly cheaper. Premium price doesn’t equate to quality and durability anymore especially with Bosch. I used to have Bosch dishwasher that lasted for years, now, quality of this brand has dropped significantly and I’ve changed to Miele instead. Bosch, seriously is hopeless. It will be another Nokia (market leader went collapsing) if it still doesn’t wake up.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Bosch produces quality products. I have owned my range since 2006 and it still performs and looks like new. It is dependable and easy to care for. Love it! I also have a Bosch dishwasher and it is great too.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I bought this Bosch 2 slice toaster from Argos price retailing at £59.99. I found the need to take the toaster back three times as each time it was either burning the toast on one side and not cooking it at all on the other side, or it wouldn't pop up, or the bars at the top would pop up but would not go down again. I am on the fourth toaster now in the space of 15 months and this one has now stopped working... Again the toast is white on one side and burnt on the other, and it won't pop up so I have to get a pair of tongs to fish the bread out. I took it back to Argos but the 12 months shop guarantee has expired. However they gave me a number to call Bosch to request a reference number from them so Argos can yet again replace the item.

I left a message with Bosch with all my details and a week later no call back from them. I have just tried to fill out a callback form but each time it tells me the telephone no., has to be 10 digits. I only have one landline and one mobile but neither is acceptable. I tried to log in but my password is not recognized so I asked them to send me a link so I can reset it but to no avail. I have had a lot of Bosch appliances large and small and cannot believe the poor service and the quality they are providing now. This is absolutely despicable and frustrating. If I could give them 0 stars I would. Bosch... You have lost one very loyal customer.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have had my Ascenta dishwasher maybe 6 yrs now, never liked the racks in it, it doesn't ever dry the dishes. Recently the soap dispenser is not opening making it needing another wash, 3 times in a row. It didn't open the last time I ran it. Does anyone know of any solutions to the dispenser not opening?

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have a kitchen with many Bosch appliances. Periodically, I have trouble with an appliance and have tried to repair it. The problem is that the Bosch customer care line does not have any access to technicians and the Bosch parts line does not have any information about the parts that Bosch sells. The result is that the only way to fix a Bosch appliance is to call a service technician which is an expensive proposition.

I could provide many examples of how the Bosch customer care and the Bosch parts line have been able to provide me with no useful information at all about troubleshooting, repairing, or buying parts for Bosch appliances. It would take many pages of describe all the negative experiences I have had with Bosch appliances in this area. So why is it that Bosch has no interest in helping their customers fix Bosch appliances when they break down? I can only guess that Bosch is more interested in from profits from its repair network than helping their customers.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We bought a BOSCH washing machine on 7th May 2018 from our nearest dealer in Anchal, Kollam (Dist), Kerala. They delivered the product on same day evening as informed us to company executive will come within 24 hours or maximum 48 hours for installation and demo. We were waiting from 56 hours or more and none of the company executives or service person contacted us. When we called customer care and dealer they are just saying executive will come soon. You need wait again and again. If they are not able to do this simple installation & demo for new customer in timely manner, how do they handle service complaints and technical issues!!! We feel that BOSCH company is not caring about their customer service and they just want to dispose their products and they don't have any concern about service after sale. As per our experience, We do not recommend anymore their products.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought their dryer and within 8 months the touchpad to switch on the unit was already not working. The representative that they sent was insisting that there was nothing wrong and that we should use the thumb and press harder to make it work. It still was not working. We think that the touchpad was defective and they were just avoiding to replace it. After a few calls, they finally sent another technician but the guy came unprepared. He had no insurance despite the fact that they supplied the appliances of the entire building. On the third appointment. The technician did not show up. Did not even bother to call to tell us he was not coming.

Original review: May 8, 2018

BOSCH Rebates are a scam. They promise that you'll get 12%-15% in rebates but the window for claiming the rebate is tiny. You have to buy the appliance, get it delivered, and file a claim within a short period of time or you cannot get the promised rebate. This has now happened to me twice. I would not buy Bosch again no matter what. Their rebate program is a complete scam.

Original review: May 8, 2018

WALL OVEN: I bought Bosch Benchmark appliances for my home. I am now on the 4th repair for the wall oven (exact same problem all 4 times) in a year and still Bosch hasn't figured out there's a problem with this oven. All 4 times when the oven stopped working I was without the use of my oven for 20-25 days waiting for repairmen, parts or be ordered, etc. 80 days in total so far in less than a year that I have not had the use of my oven, and counting. AND to make matters worse, the only time I use this oven is when I have guests, the rest of the time for myself and my husband to make small meals we use the smaller speed oven.

So, 4 times in less than a year there has been multiple guests in my home for dinner parties, and the oven has stopped working. Add all those people up and you'll see how many people have walked away with a bad opinion about Bosch appliances. Not to mention that at each dinner, because my oven stopped working, I had to resort to ordering in for my guests and all the fresh fish and chicken etc that I had bought to prepare for my guests had to be frozen because I knew I'd be without my oven for another 20-25 days before I could bake it.

SPEED OVEN: I also have the Bosch benchmark speed oven, that too has had one repair in less than 6 months of being installed, same problem as what I had on the wall oven. Thankfully the speed oven got repaired and seems to have been working fine ever since (knock on wood). COOKTOP: I also have a Bosch induction cooktop. No problems as of yet with that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm scared to death because my trust in Bosch is so very low.

I have told everyone that comes in my home and raves about my gorgeous kitchen renovation "DO NOT EVER BUY BOSCH". And most of them have seen it first hand now how bad the appliances are because they've all been at my home at one time or another in the past year and seen the oven fail in front of their own eyes. So I've got lots of witnesses and sadly Bosch has lots of people who know to never buy their appliances. 2 of the families who were at my house in the past year and saw the wall oven stop working, have now done their own kitchen renovations and both of them made a choice NOT to buy Bosch because they said they would not take the chance seeing all the problem I had with mine.

I have kept a detailed journal of all my repairs, dates, time, conversations, video's, etc. Because I am fairly certain that I will end up suing the retailer and/or Bosch for breach of warranty/contract and for not disclosing material facts prior to my purchase. But because it's still under extended warranty I'm going to keep letting them repair it as many times as they want, and I will keep my journal and history so that shortly before the warranty wears out I will then sue and force them to give me a full refund... I cannot accept a replacement oven because Bosch does not have another wall oven that could be installed in my kitchen without me doing a kitchen reno again (which is not going to happen).

Original review: May 1, 2018

I bought these high end Bosch Benchmark (series dishwasher, induction/convection range) appliances and all three of these were defective. Bosch required 3 service calls on each before they were replaced. After the second microwave was also defective, the company I bought them from just replaced it with a KitchenAid, covering the additional cost. All in all I had over 10 deliveries and service calls on 3 appliances. With a delivery window, you find out the night before, you can imagine how much of my time this consumed. Never an apology from Bosch. In fact, after the first defective range, they sent me a letter to sign to accept the replacement. I noticed that there was one letter that was different in the model number and called to be sure it was the same range, and was assured it was just a newer model. However, when the range arrived, I then discovered it was a model $700 cheaper and missing important features.

When I called to explain, I was told that I should have googled the model number before I signed for the replacement! What?? I did call and ask them, and felt I should have been able to trust their answer, to which they responded that they only had a record of the letter of acceptance I signed! Interesting since every phone call to them includes informing you that you are on a recorded line! It is one thing to get defective appliances and another thing to be treated with such purposeful deceit. Eventually, with support from the company I purchased them from, the range was replaced with the correct one. Buyer beware, and be sure to purchase from a company who will stand by you if the appliances are defective.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Our four year old dishwasher was issued a recall as some of the plugs were catching on fire. I did as instructed on the recall notice and an "authorized" repairman came to the house. He said he couldn't get the dishwasher out without damaging our floors and left. I let Bosch know and they suggested that we get a quote to have the granite countertops removed, so that the repairman could get in. I asked for another dealer but they didn't want another repairman. I called our contractor to remove the dishwasher and the repairman came back to change the plug but refused to put back the dishwasher. The contractor came back to re-install the dishwasher and the dishwasher top rack and sprayer were now broken.

Bosch got the fire hazard "fixed" so they are off the hook for that, but I am left with a broken dishwasher and their so called customer service won't respond. Now, I am forced to replace the dishwasher when I as the customer have done nothing wrong. Bosch cares about avoiding a lawsuit, but could give a whit about the customer's experience. The company sure does not have the customer's back. This whole process has taken weeks and I am completely frustrated.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We are/were 20-year loyal Bosch dishwasher owners. They run quietly and efficiently. But in early March, 2018 we opened the door and the top panel (facia) came off! We tried snapping it back in, then called our handyman. He found that several plastic parts had broken off or were missing from the panel. So we called Bosch to order a new facia panel. It was just under $100 w/ shipping! First send was broken, 2nd send was missing a section, and the 3rd send was sent with a threat that if we didn’t have this handled by an authorized Bosch service person, our warranty would be cancelled.

Our handyman is $50 per call, the Bosch “expert” approximately twice that! So, when our trusted handyman began putting it altogether, he found that each little part of the facia needed to be bought separately! The shiny handle clipped in, the cover for the power button which allowed access to the button, and the rocker buttons all had to be ordered SEPARATELY!!! This is now late April and finally we have ended our nightmare with Bosch customer service. Needless to say, this ends our 20-year relationship with Bosch products made with same cheap plastic as any other brand. VERY disappointing!

Bosch Appliances Company Information