1.34/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

895 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The Bosch dishwasher seemed like a good idea. It's a reputable company, right? Furthermore, it fit my dishes and glasses. However, it never dries things. It is always dripping with moisture when I open it in the morning. The continually wet dishwasher has already ruined some of my good knives and stainless silverware. The store where I bought it came out and checked it. They claim it's operating as intended. The company, when I called, informed me that you MUST remove the dishes the minute the cycles finish. That means that I have to babysit the dishwasher and it has ceased to be a convenience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased this dishwasher on 8-1-18. Four months later I heard a motor running my kitchen. After investigation I determined that it was the dishwasher drain pump. I opened up the door and the key pad was dead. The only way to shut it off was to unplug it. I called Bosch and they gave me a number to call saying it would be two and a half weeks before a serviceman could be out. Two and a half weeks and no show. Called again and told another two and half weeks. Over a month later and a technician shows up. He said water had leaked into the bottom somehow but couldn't determine where it is coming from! He said he needed to order a part and it is backordered, (Two Weeks) and Bosch won't see the part and it won't be released at least for another week after that!

Furthermore he doesn't know if it will fix it!! I purchased this brand because they were supposed to have a good service record? I consider this a LEMON and after calling and explaining my circumstances I asked them to replace it not knowing if it will ever be right and was refused. If you buy a Bosch have them throw in a dish rack and drain pan with it!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Nice but not that nice. My salesman very highly suggested this dishwasher so I bought it for $900. The good? It's very good looking. The bad? I do not find it any better than a $500 dishwasher from GE. It's quiet but not silent. It seems to clean dishes fine but it will not dry them no matter what you try. I live in a very very dry part of the country and no matter how much or how little I load this machine up with... and select "Extra Dry" when I open the dishwasher in the morning after running at night... not only are the dishes and cups still wet but so is the inside of the dishwasher.

So, what's the point of having controls to select dryness? Oh, the (3) not 4 legs are plastic and all 3 of them broke off when I tried to slide the dishwasher. Great huh? Funny, I know steel legs may cost another $5 but I don't remember arguing with the salesperson about $5. so why not raise the price by $5. and get rid of the cheap cheap cheap plastic legs. My brand new $900 dishwasher now sits on wooden blocks... Great idea... Plastic legs.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had problem with my refrigerator within warranty period, I thereafter registered a complaint and after chasing for about 1 month and sending more than 10 mails & escalation it was fixed. The Customer service of Bosch India is very poor needs improvement.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

In 2012 we purchased a Bosch dishwasher based on Consumer Reports Magazine. We bought the top of the line spending a lot of money for what we thought to be a good unit. Since installation we have had it fixed 3 times the first being for a power cord that failed but was a recall that Bosch covered. That part again failed 2 years later and had to be repaired again for the same failure as the first but at my cost. The latest was for a power control circuit board. The dishwasher would start appear to be running but after only 2 cycles would stop and indicate the dishes were clean. However no water ever entered. A search on the internet revealed that other models had the same problem and was involved in a recall.

A workaround was to open and close the door after the 2nd cycle and the unit would then fill. I tried the workaround and it worked, indicating the same problem and was later confirmed by a repairman. I contacted Bosch, provided all requested documentation and was eventually told that our unit was not included in that recall and the best they could do was 20% of the replacement board cost which equated to $24.00, but we'd have to pay for shipping and taxes which was $17.00. I thought we had bought a well built appliance from a reputable manufacturer but have been proven wrong. Their customer service is terrible and does nothing to HELP you. In the 7 years we've owned it half of the original purchase price has been in repairs. I would not recommend any Bosch appliance to anyone again nor would I buy one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Have a Bosch built-in refrigerator with TWO issues related to the icemaker. Have had it only 6 months, but both problems pretty much from the beginning. First of all, it keeps dropping ice into the tray, and the tray overflows because all the ice drops down in the back of the tray, while the front of the tray pretty much stays empty. Had serviceman here twice, and both times he told me I have to keep pushing the ice from the back of the tray to the front. Told me the manual says that. It doesn't.

MORE IMPORTANT - there are little tiny flies and an awful smell in our freezer ever since the fridge's circuit breaker blew while we were away for a month. Every once in a while I'll see a tiny larva inside an ice cube. Pretty sure there is a nest in the icemaker or water line. Or possibly in the drip tray. The bugs seem to come out every couple of weeks - probably the gestation time for the new eggs that were laid. We've never seen a live one - only dead. Had both exterminator & Bosch service person tell us we need to totally uninstall the fridge and clean & disinfect. Seems to me there should be a way to get to the drip tray & icemaker without uninstalling the fridge. Have 4 boxes of baking soda - still have the smell.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I bought a Bosch oven in 2005, it has never worked correctly. I had a repairman out the first year and was told it was within "specs". He did nothing more than shoot the interior with an infrared thermometer! This year our Thanksgiving was completely ruined because the oven would not hold a constant temperature. I had a repairman out and was told the thermostat was bad. Also the switch was bad. Total price for both was $60.00 IF you could find them. The company no longer makes them! After trying to contact their customer service department I finally got a response after sending their corporate office a note to send someone physically to customer service to check on them because they were either not there or all dead!

I got a call back from a supervisor telling me that indeed the parts were no longer made and I should buy a new oven! So I am to understand that this is an appliance company that does not know how to make thermostats or switches that work. I see from the other reviews that they have made a habit of this. I agree with the others, I will NEVER buy another thing this company produces under any name. This includes Dremel tools. They do not care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Don't be surprised if the service that was scheduled between a four hour window doesn't happen. This company has the worst service of any I have dealt with. They are apathetic and incompetent and you're wasting your money if you ever buy a Bosch appliance. They break down or are not user serviceable. A total waste of time and money. I'm surprised they're still in business.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Only 7 years of usage? The average is 11 years according to Google. I paid $1949 (Australian) in January 2012. I am a single adult male with modest requirements. The cost to repair is: $593 using the Bosch designated service provider. I feel embarrassed by my decision to pay a premium for the Bosch brand manufactured in Germany. I am looking to brands like Electrolux and LG for a replacement.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We purchased a Bosch Dual Fuel Range and it worked great for about the first year. Then error code 118 began showing up when trying to preheat the oven. It would happen occasionally but after the 4th year it would not preheat on Bake at all. We researched the problem and found the parts we needed to fix the problem were not available. Bosch no longer makes these parts and there is no updated part to resolve the issue so we are stuck with a 4 year old range that can't be repaired. The new model looks exactly the same so why do they not sell parts that will update the older models. We will never buy another Bosch product.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My Bosch oven combo worked for us for about 3 months up until we set it for automatic cleaning. This is when it went up in flames. The company completely disregarded our complaint. I believe there should be a recall of all ovens. No follow up from customer service, no interest, we were left with burned oven and promise to replace which hasn't realize yet (waiting second month to get it).

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My lower Bosch oven has always been slow to preheat but it wasn't until the oven surface was being cleaned while the oven was on that I realized that the oven was very hot to the touch on the lower outside of the oven door. Three visits by an authorized tech to rule out problems with the door and gaskets resulted in his conclusion that the oven has a defect that it is a fire hazard as heat is going into the surrounding wall. I am asking other consumers who find their ovens are slow to preheat to actually check the outside border of the oven while on to see if it is hot. I am filing complaints with the relevant state and federal consumer product safety organizations in the hope of starting a recall. So check your in the wall Bosch ovens while on.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BOSCH!! Poor customer service and bad products. I installed all new Bosch products for my remodeled kitchen 3 years ago. I noticed rust stains on my dishwasher about 2 years ago, and they became worse and worse to the point that friends who came over asked me why my dishwasher looked like that. Bosch customer service told me that they can only give me 50% off a new panel (and charge me additional for tax and freight), and I would have to pay $129 for the cost of their installer.

I bought an oven, microwave, dishwasher and stove from them, and this is all they could do for me! They said to use a rust stain remover, and implied it was the kind of products I was using that caused the rust! I told them I never saw stainless steel rust, and this was the only appliance that was rusting. If you google other sites, many customers indicate that the materials in their stainless steel was not good. In addition, my cooktop had to be returned because the stainless steel near the burners were turning brown from the flames. Another product defect, and they had to replace my cooktop. Very disappointed in their customer service - the company does not support their products or their customers! BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Installed 12/5/2018. Unlike my friend's Bosch DW, this one had a top drawer that was diabolically designed to prevent efficient loading with flatware. We called "William" who told us there was another drawer, and gave us a part # and price, but no free exchange. The next day we called back and ordered this “other drawer”. It arrived Friday 12/28/18. It was the exact same drawer we did not like. We called 12/31/18, and were on hold/ignore for 25 minutes, after which the CSA told us to call back on 1/2/2019.

We called back and spoke with Kay **, Customer Support Representative (US/MA-CSCN9), who said there was no “other drawer” and could I get a part number from my friend? Within two days, I did get my friend’s part number, but found out from https://www.bosch-home.com/us/store/accessories/dishwashing/accessories/baskets-and-holders/... That that part is not compatible with my new dishwasher.

Since there was apparently nothing BOSCH could or would do for me, I called to return the redundant part today 1/8/19. “Monica” gave me all sorts of flak about how all of this was MY fault, and that they would make no exceptions, and I could return it at my expense, and pay a 25% restocking fee on the wrong part, and even that I would have to wait 48 hours to get a return label sent to my e-mail account. Needless to say, while some lucky people have had good luck with their machines, and some may even have gotten good customer service, I was treated like trash. I now humbly vow I will NEVER willingly buy a BOSCH anything ever again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Not a bad dishwasher when working, but as others here have noted, eventually the heat pump and control board on many of the Bosch needs replacing. This was quoted as $550 parts and labor using the Bosch recommended service company. This is quite insane, and a new dishwasher was purchased rather than run the risk of incurring this cost again at some point in the future.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My experience with a Bosch dishwasher was having it hang up during a cycle and not shut off. This was the first month I used it. Turns out it was under recall for a control board failure that had caused fires. Unfortunately only a licenced Bosch repair company could do the warranty work. Closest and only (?) one in OR is 90 mins away. Control board costs half of what a good competitor brand machine costs. Since having it fixed, if the machine gets interrupted by power bump, door open, off button pressed, or anything, then it loses its place and is a nightmare to reset. Try googling how to reset one. Note the multiple ways given and question how or why there are so many. If I can just get it to drain this time, I have a Maytag waiting in the kitchen to take its place.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

While I purchased my Bosch electric range in September of 2014 and am out of warranty, I had expected a better experience when the inner glass door shattered during the self-cleaning cycle, especially as I rarely use the oven and this was only the 3rd time I used the self-clean feature. When I called Bosch, the agent I spoke with seemed to agree with me that there must be a defect of some kind for this to happen, and she made an appointment for a technician to assess the issue at no charge to me. I may have been somewhat naive, but I was led to believe that Bosch would likely review the issue and not charge me for the repair as the damage clearly occurred due to a defect in the appliance and through no fault of mine.

The technician they sent was awesome, arrived on time, assessed the problem and told me he would order the glass. As I didn't hear back from Bosch, I assumed that the agent had brought my issue to the attention of her supervisor and, since I didn't hear back, assumed there would be no charge to me. Well the technician is in my kitchen repairing my oven door and asked if I'd heard from Bosch as to the charge. When I advised I hadn't, he suggested I call. I was shocked to find out that no one had made an effort to send my issue up their chain of command, nor was I able to speak with a supervisor as there was none available. The best they would offer, as the technician was already doing the repair job, was a 20% discount off the replacement glass.

I also had an issue with my Bosch microwave one month out of warranty when the turntable motor stopped working. I was told I would have to pay not only for the replacement piece, but for the technician's visit, but I wasn't told that until the repair guy showed up at my door and told me that I would be seeing lots of him because they don't make appliances the way they used to. I sent him away on principle and hired an appliance repair guy to do the job - it wasn't cheaper but I couldn't get past the guy's attitude.

Had I known I would also be charged to repair a defective appliance, I would probably have hired the same appliance repair guy to do the job. The only thing that made this experience less horrible was the technician they sent - he was prompt, efficient and clearly knew what he was doing. I bought Bosch Appliances because everything I read indicated they were absolutely top of the line. I am severely disappointed in the product and their poor customer service problem resolution.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Bought Bosch dishwasher model shown below in July 2016. After a little over 2 years of normal use, the unit required $295 of repair work. Had to replace the control board (under warranty) and the heat pump (not under warranty). Bosch 800 Series 2434 Tall Tub BuiltIn Dishwasher with StainlessSteel Tub White - Model: SHX68T52UC SKU: 8862445. Called Bosch customer service to see if Bosch would cover the repairs. I was very disappointed with Bosch for not covering all repair work costs. I purchased this unit because of the reviews it got in Consumer Reports. A good dishwasher should not need repairs after so little time/use.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Our 15 year olds Bosch dishwasher with a custom cabinet to match our cupboards is the best dishwasher we ever had. The adjustable upper rack can hold a 9 and 1/2 in tall wine glass and with adjustable rack tines makes loading the dishwasher a delight. Just recently we had to have the circuit board panel rebuilt since replacement is obsolete but it's worth every penny. When this dishwasher goes I will definitely buy another Bosch dishwasher now with a third rack available.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have ordered Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK24268IN, silver/grey) on 11th OCT 2018 from Amazon India. After receiving the product, it took 20-25 days for demo. On the demo day, weird sound is coming from washing machine and I informed Bosch technician the same moment. However he convinced me by saying as if now it doesn't have any load (clothes), so do not bother about it. On 2nd day, the Surf Excel is coming out and washing machine is vibrating like anything. I need a urgent replacement ASAP. YES KINDLY REPLACE THIS FAULTY WASHING MACHINE. BOSCH TECHNICIAN PHONE NUMBER: SRAVAN **. From last 10 days I am calling him, But he is not responding to the call. I already informed him about the issue and he told he will come tomorrow but that tomorrow never came.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We purchased a Bosch double oven 4 months ago from Lowe’s. It is 2 days before Thanksgiving and it has Totally stopped working! My old GE double oven lasted 32 years. This supposedly upscale & expensive Bosch hasn’t lasted 4 months! The electrician that installed it came out today & said that it was a bad Motherboard. A Bosch repairman is coming in the AM. I am furious!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Purchased new Bosch SHXM78W55N on 10/14/18. Delivered by installer on 10/29/18 still in factory wrap and front panel/door visibly dented and door would not seal. Reordered and another of the same model# arrived on 11/20/18 with installer - also factory wrapped - similar damage to front panel. So disappointed because of "excellent" ratings for Bosch. Will request money back and purchase another brand.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Bought the above dishwasher (Model SHV878WD3N/10) and had it installed 10/15/18. It did not work from the 1st day. A repair technician checked it on 11/2/18 and told us the dishwasher had a factory defect and was not repairable. He contacted Bosch and told me they were going to exchange the dishwasher and I should check back with them in 3-4 days. I called on 11/6 in the morning and was told the exchange had been approved and I would have to wait 5-7 business days for that to be arranged. In the afternoon on 11/6 a customer service rep called me and advised me the exchange was approved and I would have to wait 7-10 business days.

On 11/14/18 I called because I had not heard from them and was told that the approval had not been sent to the exchange department and was assured it was sent through that day. Now they tell me I will have to wait another 7-14 days to find out what model the exchange is approved for and when that may take place. Customer service reps are rude and do not provide their name. This was a $884 custom front unit and they are not even telling me I can get the same unit. The customer service at Bosch is terrible!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We had very worst experience with Service Engineer who came to unpack and give demo of the product. He is very Rude and not supportive for our queries, I request Bosch management to hire good professionals to keep their reputation.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Bosch dishwashers are the absolute biggest pieces of junk! I spent over $800.00 on their dishwasher and it has broken down 20 times in 6 months! My cousin was going to purchase 50 dishwashers for a condo unit he is building. Guess what!? He isn't anymore! The stench from the dishes not getting cleaned is disgusting. Never, ever buy Bosch for anything! Their customer service is the WORST!!! The water does not fill leaving the dishwasher to run for over 2 hours never cleaning a single dish. I have had dinner parties and the dishwasher has not worked, (as usual) leaving myself and my guests disgusted at the mess. I will discourage every single person I know to never, ever purchase ANYTHING from this fraud company. Shame on them for making such cheap garbage!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Friends please do not go for Bosch brand front load washing machine. I made wrong decisions in buying Bosch washing machine. I bought it on 6/7/2016 for 25k and it is stopped working now as on 25/9/2018 in just 2 years and 2 months. Warranty period is 2 years. Service person visited the site on 1/10/2018 and inspected the machine and told drum and gasket has gone and needs to be replaced. The cost for replacement as they told first is 11800. After discussion with Bosch higher officials they have given 50% discount and now the cost I need to pay is around 6000. Investing 6000 in 2 years for service is not a small amount. People buy the product by trusting brand and my kind request to Bosch is do not sell this type of cheap quality products to consumers. My kind request to consumers is if you want to buy washing machine please do not go for Bosch which is designed to work only for warranty period I think.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We upgraded our kitchen 5 years ago and went with Bosch because they were supposedly high quality appliances. We bought a Bosch built in oven/microwave appliance and did a custom rock wall around it. The appliance failed with 1 1/2 years. Bosch was not easy to deal with. We could not get a Bosch repair person because they refused to travel into the county side. Bosch did replace it with a slightly different size unit, so we had to adjust our wall. Now 3 years later this unit has failed. I have been put on hold for over 2 hours with no one answering the phone. I have emailed and received no response. We have wasted our money and time dealing with this company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased a new Bosch refrigerator at Best Buy less than a year ago for almost $3,000. The fridge broke in less than a year and when I reached out to Bosch to get a repair they sent me to a third party company that sent out a person who evaluated the fridge and said we needed parts to fix it. They ordered parts, after 2 weeks they told me the parts on back order. I called Bosch directly and they said the parts were being ordered directly from them and they are not on back order. So they suggested to send their own technician to come and fix the fridge with the parts. The technician they sent a week later had no idea why he was there and had no parts. They needed to send a different technician the following week.

When he finally arrived he said the fridge is broken and needed to be replaced that it cannot be repaired. Bosch a week later after their process said that fridge is discontinued and they needed to order a different model that is also the same size and cost. We waited another 2 weeks for that fridge and when that finally came it was the wrong size. My 73 year old parents have been without a properly working fridge for over a month. They lost money on spoiled food and having to eat out and had to buy another small fridge to be able to live. The customer representatives seem extremely unorganized, unprofessional. I have never had such a terrible experience. This company is a nightmare to deal with. I'm not sure how this will be resolved but we have lost money and lots of time and stress and still don't have the right fridge in place.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

In late 2015, we bought a refrigerator (33 in. W 24.8 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel with Icemaker) and a microwave/oven combo (stainless steel 30 Inch Wide 4.6 Cu. Ft. Electric Built-In Combination Oven with 1.6 Cu. Ft. Microwave and True European Convection Lower Oven). We chose the Bosch brand based on reputation, longevity, performance, and design.

Unfortunately, neither of these products has performed well considering they are both 3 years old. The refrigerator completely stopped working and had a large build up of frost on the back wall of the freezer wall. A service technician with Hagedorn’s Appliances fixed this problem by calling a Bosch technician to learn the control panel and plugs stopped working. The technician commented that this is a rare issue and was surprised the appliance was a Bosch due to the reputation. We were charged $688.79 to fix this issue. The microwave control panel is dim and we are unable to see what buttons we are pushing. The technician from Hagedorn’s said this is a realistic issue and fixable problem to the tune of $350.00. We have not scheduled this repair at this time.

The third item we bought from Bosch were $775 dishwashers. We bought 2 of these. To say we love the dishwasher better than the microwave and refrigerator would be true; however we must stop short of saying these items are ‘exceptional’ in any way. The doors seemed ‘warped’ and don’t shut well all the time. The washing capabilities are fair (sometimes leaves marks) and the time to complete is crazy long 2.5 hours, even close to that on ‘speed’ mode. However the washing quality is worse. We will give it credit for being quiet, that it is, well done there. We really have just had a hard time and these products are not the ‘show pieces’ we had thought we bought just 3 short years ago. It will be hard for us to consider Bosch for the price and performance.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased the Bosch microwave/speed oven (800 series) with an extended warranty along with several other Bosch appliances during a kitchen remodel in 2016. During the two years we have owned the appliances, the microwave has broken down three times. Bosch's customer service has been atrocious! Many weeks waiting for an appointment and then more time waiting for parts and subsequent visits from a repairman. Most recently, the control panel was completely replaced on 8/17/18. This has been a horrible experience made worse today when I discovered during a baby shower that the Bosch warming drawer installed under the oven units had been damaged during the repair to the microwave! Never again will I recommend or purchase a Bosch product.

Bosch Appliances Company Information