3.7/5 (584 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Purchased a new convection microwave, fridge and dishwasher back in May of 2022. Appliances arrived September 2022. Fridge, great. Dishwasher, great. Microwave at 1st plug in, the display did not work. Since early October I have had 2 service calls with no resolution, the 3rd was scheduled today (Jan 2023) and the technician no called/no showed. I spent 30 minutes on hold to talk to someone in service, to be told the magic part I need to fix the issue (that was supposedly ordered back in October) is now on backorder. Till when, they have no idea. I requested a new one, and was told management will review my case in 5-10 days and let me know if they approve. I have no words... New microwave, doesn't work and no one seems to care nor go above and beyond to service my ask. Just a very poor experience working with the service and technician team.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I purchased a Bosch refrigerator last year (installed in the middle of November of 2021). The fridge is 800 series with a special "fingerprint resistant" coating. Today, which is only a year later, the fridge's upper coating is peeling exposing lighter-color metal underneath (see pictures). I called Bosch and shared that with them. I waited for 45 minutes, then spoke to three customer "service" representatives. Each conversation was getting worse as the level of management was going up in terms of the quality of customer "service." The last "manager" I spoke to by the name Kiki directly blamed me for the defect claiming that I had used chemicals on the coating (I do not use any chemicals in my household), and essentially avoiding accountability for what is clearly a factory defect.

The coating should not be peeling! Kiki, the higher-level manager, told me she was the only manager I could talk to, which I found strange, and put all the responsibility for this flaw on me. I was told I would be fully "liable" for changing the freezer door and also for the technician to come out and assess the defect. I believe that it is the responsibility of Bosch to replace the faulty doors with defective coating. The coating in NOT fingerprint resistant, in the first place.

I am happy to take videos and pictures to demonstrate. Fingerprints are extremely visible on it. But I do not wash the door with anything, no chemicals. We use a dry soft "dust" cloth that we use on delicate furniture to remove the fingerprints. I have read about this issue online and other people have had the same issue with 800 series and fingerprint resistant coating. Please advise how I can find resolution. Am I expected to keep paying over 1k a year for new doors for this fridge, or is it expected to look like this, even though the aesthetics is the most "expensive" part of this fridge? This is a new fridge that is expected to look good for longer than a year. The fridge was in 3800K price range.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

My first Bosch purchase, likely my last. I replaced my Kitchenaid dishwasher (no parts available for repair) with a Bosch, after reading reviews of their reliability. Arrived in August 2022, and cleaned the dishes reasonably well for about a month. The control panel is notoriously difficult, with the buttons not registering touch. After a month, things started to go downhill. Dishes coming out looking as though the food was just baked on, glassware dirty. I use gel packs, rinse aid, and clean the dishwasher once a month with dishwasher cleaner. I went through troubleshooting, to no avail. Have not been able to find diagnostic procedure online, and Bosch was unresponsive.

Finally, I contacted Bosch and they recommended service, which I scheduled. Received an email confirming service appt. Day of appt., serviceman is a no-show. Called Bosch, and they inform me they moved the appt. without ever contacting me. Shuffled through their phone tree, finally requested a supervisor. The rep hung up on me. Wrote a letter to their CEO and VP, and got NO RESPONSE. A $1500 appliance and no support when it does not work.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

We have a 3 year old Bosch dishwasher and it is falling apart. The plastic dispenser broke while trying to put dish washing detergent in it. All the plastic they used to make this thing is failing. This should never happen.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Horrifying experience. Microwave Drawer 800 1.2 ct caught on fire, thankfully it was stopped. I'm not alone, google it!, It has happened to others. Drawer broke into pieces from fire, completely destroyed. Could've been a serious house fire. 1 year old. Bosch knows about it and it is doing nothing about it. Do not buy, stay safe!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Recently purchased a Bosch Refrigerator at Lowe's thinking it was a "TOP NAME BRAND". My first and LAST Bosch purchase. Four months of use and the refrigerator would no longer cool (freezer works), there is a constant thunking noise every 7 seconds from the outer ice dispenser that can be heard throughout the house, and the internal alarm goes off as well (we figured out how to shut this off). Tried to call the Bosch Service number (45 minute wait) and I was told it would be 20 days before I could get a Bosch service technician out to take a look at it - this is AWFUL!

I called back again within the week to make sure there wasn't anything to be done (45 minute wait) and they said that I could try one of their approved third party technicians but I had to call back to cancel their appointment, once I got a new appointment (45 minute wait). No refrigerator coming up to Christmas... and out easily $400 in wasted groceries. How about a food voucher and a replacement for my $3,000 paperweight? Extremely UNHAPPY Bosch customer.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Bought a Bosch oven Model VBD578FSO an expensive oven 3k plus and it’s broken down twice in last 9months. It still awaiting a part for repair. Bosch repair service is extremely poor. There is zero follow up and you have to continually ring to get updated. Product itself works great when working. Repair company said pyro cycle will is likely break again as they are having to repair a lot of these Bosch ovens

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Absolute worst customer service I've experienced with any company. I tried to order a replacement water filter for my Bosch refrigerator. Checked online at your website as you recommended... No way to speak to a live person. As per the instructions, I selected my refrigerator model from the drop-down menu. Turns out it provided the wrong filter. So now, on to trying to return. The enclosed invoice said to call 800.578.6890 for a RMA... Again, couldn't get a hold of a live person. 20 minutes on hold, total silence... No way to speak to anyone, make any choice at all. Finally someone picks up, says the 'system is down', and I will have to wait a few days for someone to email me the RMA.... OK, fine. Now, two weeks later, still no email... Same experience again with calling for the the RMA... Again long time on hold (20 minutes so far), with silence and nobody picking up. They should be really embarrassed.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

The Bosh 500 Series 44- Decibel Top Control 24-in Built-in Dishwasher is a well-constructed quiet dishwasher, which cleans effectively. Although, I would not purchase this model again based on the the PurDry Condensation Drying System. There are no elements for drying which causes the inside of the unit and cups and glasses to be wet at the end of the cycle. This also creates an unpleasant smell when you open the door after cleaning. Bosh indicates it is normal for the inside of the dishwasher to remain wet after the cycle is completed, this is how it is designed. The moisture will eventually evaporate. If you want to speed up the amount of time it takes for the interior of the dishwasher to dry, you can open the door after the cycle is complete. Allowing outside air to circulate into the dishwasher will dry the interior more quickly.

Bosch also says you do not need to be concerned with mold growing inside of your dishwasher because with the condensation drying system, it is designed to be wet inside the unit after the cycle has completed. This drying system may be environmentally friendly, but is very ineffective for actual use, having to dry the tops of cups and classes before removing them from the dishwasher and encountering an unpleasant smell.

Richard **

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Recently purchased a Bosch Freezer Refrigerator at Lowe's thinking it was a "TOP NAME BRAND". My first Bosch purchase, but boy was I wrong. Three weeks after delivery and installation, it took a major crap - first the freezer gave out and then the refrigeration would no longer cool - and this was 2 days before Thanksgiving. Seems like their hi-tech electronic system has some major issues. Aren't these products thoroughly tested prior to release from the factory?? Called the Bosch Service number and I was told it would be 9 days (yes, NINE days) before I could get a Bosch service technician out to take a look at it -- totally unacceptable!!! Glad I kept the old, reliable Frigidaire in the garage just in case. Extremely UNHAPPY Bosch customer.

Bosch Appliances Company Information