2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: May 14, 2020

Does a great job. Very pleased from the towels to the farm clothes grease and grime the machine cleans well. We live on a farm and the water use was a big selling point for me, it was great not having the constant worries thru the drought. The shorter cycles on the machine is what I use most, the more grime the more time' for washing. I have had big top loader machines all along when our 4 children were growing up but now with mainly 2 to 4 adults and some times the grandbabies it's perfect.

A friend recommended the brand, I had people say they weren't happy with the front loaders. I decided to pay for the expensive machine, but spare parts expensive. We broke the latch on the door and a new one was $400.00.That was a shock. My son made a high frame to it on for ease of access. No bending for me which is great and a must.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Insane awesome dishwasher! It so quiet they had to put a red light shining to the floor so you know it’s running! It has 3 racks one for silverware and two for larger pans. I purchased the one with crystal wash which had lava rock pellets in it so you you don’t use heat coils to dry your dishes. They come out spot free with finish dishwashing pods and finish liquid (recommend by the manufacturer). I love it???? It's energy efficient more than any dishwasher on the market I think. It cost more but saves you in water and electricity. I recommend it!

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have been a longtime owner of Bosch appliances in every home we own with no issues in the past 20 years. I down sized and moved into a new home. I decided to change out the refrigerator first. I love the new refrigerator with French doors and one big drawer below. Upon delivery my appliance was DOA. It tripped the dedicated breaker in the garage. We plugged it into other outlets in the kitchen to check to see if it was the outlet. They took it away, the rep was very arrogant saying that it was a problem with our electric in our new home. The distributor asked if we could have an electrician check out. The electrician said that we would need to something that he can not and would not do for us. We needed to put an old style non-ARC breaker in for that dedicated outlet.

The retailer brought it back on Tuesday the following week after my husband installed a Non-ARC required by code breaker. It works. So we needed to break the electrical code to keep this appliance. The electrician said that their refrigerator and DW's have that issue. In the country they are made, they do not replicate the electrical supply with breakers like we have in the US for testing and this problem is known by the reps, distributors, and the company. I would love to see them do something about it. We have an electrical code for a reason. ARC's have been required since about 2013 or so. You would think they would have corrected this by now. All of my other homes were not new- last three so it was not an issue with the breakers. You choose.

Original review: March 5, 2020

BEST dishwasher ever owned. It's under the counter dw. The noise level is you don't hear it at all! Stainless steel inside 2 racks adjustable everything for all dishes, pots and pans, cookie sheets, everything. 2 compartments (can be removed) for silverware. 1 rack above for long handled and wooden etc utensils. Best part is cleaning. Pull out the bottom rack, rolls out easily. Remove the filter easy, wash it out in sink and put it back in about every 3-6 mo. Filter is stainless steel. Several modes of cleaning from pots and pans, to crystal glasses. Air Dry or steam. Everything is cleaned 100% everytime. Cost to run is next to nothing.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We have a Bosch dishwasher (model SHX5AVF5UC/22) that is about 2 years old. It stopped working and I called the 800 customer support to get a repair tech. The lady I spoke to spent almost 30 minutes talking me through troubleshooting and performing a reset of the appliance. By the time we were done, it was working perfectly again. Most companies would have just had a repair tech come out and charge a bunch of money. Not Bosch. Next time we're in the market for another appliance, it is Bosch all the way. I was very surprised by the customer support and the helpful attitude from their representative.

Joe

Loganville, GA

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Purchased our Bosch Dishwasher in January 2020 and now, 6 1/2 months later it needs repair. Contacted Bosch Customer service to have an approved company come in for repairs and was given three "local" contacts. One did not service my area. The other told me it would take 4 weeks for someone to come out and service our dishwasher. I notified customer service of this poor response but was told that they could nothing do about this. They blamed it on Covid. Called my Bosch authorized dealer, who is not a Bosch authorized repair service, but who installed my dishwasher and they were able to put me on the schedule within 24 hours. The drawback: I got to pay and my warranty is no longer in effect. So warning to all: Bosch does not take care of their customers and their attitude towards their customers was borderline rude, extremely dismissive and smug. An all-around horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Don't Buy The Cook-Top... Not Safe! Unless you want to burn down your house! We purchased all Bosch Appliances for our new home we build. Thought we could count on the name's reputation... but we were wrong. We had problems with the Cook-top almost from the start. But it took about 3 years for the burners to go out of control. You can turn it on and put it on 2... but it will go full bore and act like it's on 9. This is unsafe... we had something on the Cook-top and when we heard the smoke alarm go off in a short time... we came back to a burned-up pot. Instead of keeping it warm... it almost burned up our house. On another burner... you can put it on 5 and expect it to come up to temperature gradually... but come back in an hour... and it has never even gotten warm.

This is a very UNSAFE and UNRELIABLE product... I wouldn't trust it in my house. I will definitely purchase something else to replace it and not look into Bosch ever again. They don't stand behind their products even in safety issues. They should have recalled this item... but instead, it's going to cost us as much as buying a new one to repair. Unacceptable... Bosch offered us 50% off of the parts... which still comes to more than I can buy a new one for. Never Again.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Horrible situation with Bosch. My oven has been broken now for 8 months. My Bosch oven is 2 yrs old. I’ve paid almost $600 in failed repairs through a Bosch recommended repair company. Bosch offered me a new oven at a $250 cost to me. I think I’ve paid enough. I wrote to the company’s president.. no response. So disappointing.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Bosch Customer Service and Product disappointment! In June of 2017, in anticipation of our upcoming kitchen remodel we purchased a Bosch 800 Series 30” Dual Fuel Slide-in Range. Product HD18054U/C. As is often the case in remodels, there was a delay and the project wasn’t started until January 2018. The range was delivered on Feb. 27, 2018 and installed about ten days later. We experienced minor trouble when the keypad started randomly beeping. This happened within a year (early 2019) but we were told that we should unplug the stove, wait a bit, and plug it in again. This seemed to work for a time. We had several episodes but it was not a big problem to follow the “unplug” advice.

The problem became significantly worse in March of this year, 2020, beeping at all hours of the day and night. We knew it would be expensive to repair it but finally called a service provider in May. I was charged a service call and the serviceman said he would order the new control panel, but added that I should contact customer service to ask if Bosch would help with the almost $800 cost that I incurred.

After two calls and several replies/scans of documents to customer service, I anticipated a positive response. I was never told to WAIT to have the part replaced until I heard back from customer service. I did hear back on June 22nd. I was told that Bosch would do NOTHING. No compensation was offered. My claim was denied. I feel it is very unfair. It certainly seemed as though the “rules” changed during the game after I did everything I was asked to do, submitted all of the paperwork, etc. I am extremely disappointed in the range and in Bosch Customer Service.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Have had this fridge for less than a year. Have called multiple times as things are freezing in fridge. Repair came out....but wouldn't install part needed until I sent images AGAIN and this time a video. They still say they are speaking with engineers. REALLY?!! Now more freezing...I'm done...Should have bought a GE Profile.

Bosch Appliances Company Information