Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

957 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We have a Bosch dishwasher (model SHX5AVF5UC/22) that is about 2 years old. It stopped working and I called the 800 customer support to get a repair tech. The lady I spoke to spent almost 30 minutes talking me through troubleshooting and performing a reset of the appliance. By the time we were done, it was working perfectly again. Most companies would have just had a repair tech come out and charge a bunch of money. Not Bosch. Next time we're in the market for another appliance, it is Bosch all the way. I was very surprised by the customer support and the helpful attitude from their representative.

Joe

Loganville, GA

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have had my electric glass cooktop since 2010 and have been very pleased. Never had a repair. It has an integrated "Power Start" feature which heats the element quickly to the highest power and then resets it to the continuous cooking setting picked. I guess like a gas stove would be. Another great feature is the "Auto Chef" that works with a pan that came with it, on one element. This sensor controls the temp of the pan, heating up only when necessary and prevents burning, but does do frying!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

BOSCH SLIDE IN ELECTRIC RANGE. First off the Bosch range is beautiful. It can be described as understated elegance. The range is designed to seamlessly fit into the kitchen range opening without side gaps. No more dripping down the oven sides! The front detail which slightly covers the countertop edge makes it appear custom to our kitchen. But, the best part is how it cooks! Other reviewers complain about the “loud” convection oven fan. Well, if that fan is “loud” my hearing must be shot. The Whirlpool convection microwave which sits above my Bosch Range, is 3 times louder. The Bosch convection oven is very quiet in comparison.

Since receiving my Bosch range I have used several cooking modes with great success: bake, multi bake, convection roast and convection bake. The oven is so well designed and insulated that all my dishes on the different modes were evenly cooked and delicious. The cooktop also performed. I have tried all the burners and even the warm feature. Alas, I have yet to use the warming drawer. However, based on everything else I tried, I am confident that the warming drawer will be fantastic.

I recommend you read the oven instructions to get the most out of this beautiful range. When using the cooktop be careful not to slide pots and pans over the burners. Make sure the outside of all pots and pans are clean, dry, and flat. This will save the glass cooktop from scratches. And note, all glass cooktops are susceptible to scratches. The Bosch Instruction Manual also gives cookware tips which are worth trying. I bought flat cookie sheets (no sides) as suggested by Bosch. My cookies came out of the oven perfect and delicious.

When shopping for a new range don’t overlook this Bosch appliance. However, be aware you must carefully measure your oven opening to get a great, custom fit. If you are building a new kitchen, request your contractor build the space to perfectly accommodate your new range. You will love the look and love your new Bosch Range! Oh and did I mention the stainless steel resists fingerprints? Just one more reason why I love my new range!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I live alone and wanted a small capacity washer and dryer, although I bought a set the washer has a larger capacity than the dryer, so there was a learning curve. But they are the perfect size for me. The cycles on the dryer will not dry my clothes, but there is a timed dry option, which works just fine. You just have to be careful with overloading. This is not an issue for me, but it may be for others. The washer is close to perfect.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Our 15 year olds Bosch dishwasher with a custom cabinet to match our cupboards is the best dishwasher we ever had. The adjustable upper rack can hold a 9 and 1/2 in tall wine glass and with adjustable rack tines makes loading the dishwasher a delight. Just recently we had to have the circuit board panel rebuilt since replacement is obsolete but it's worth every penny. When this dishwasher goes I will definitely buy another Bosch dishwasher now with a third rack available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased an Bosch 800 series dishwasher late 2018. This is my second Bosch dishwasher, I loved my first one. It was super quiet and cleaned beautifully. I can't say the same for this one. Last week it stopped working giving me an error message. I tried to troubleshoot myself. It makes a loud grinding noise, sounds like the drain pump. I called the 800 number, the call center tried troubleshoot to no avail. Scheduled service, the dishwasher is still under warranty.

I requested the the latest appt in the day, to accommodate my work schedule and long story short the service department is very unaccommodating for customers that can't sit at home all day waiting to a tech. I was told they would send a list of other service vendors to who do Bosch warranty work in my community (Orlando, FL). After 2 requests for the list, still not received. My dishwasher is still not functional almost a week later. Extremely disappointed in the product and the lack of service for what is supposed to be a superior product.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

This wall oven - much like all appliances these days falls on its own sword - it is too complicated for its own good. This oven has a control panel with loads of stupid features, timer, Sabbath mode, clock (with year, month, date - who cares!!!) and so on. It's just an oven! Nobody needs that stuff. The control panel is the root of all that's wrong with the oven - if Bosch had just made the oven with power on off, temperature dial, light switch and convection fan on/off, I'm sure it'd work forever. Not now, the control panel has always been wonky, insisting on setting the time before you can turn on the oven! Now it refuses to accept time changes, thus rendering the oven inoperable. Lunacy. I'm throwing this oven, not buying another Bosch.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I would vote a bit higher. The dishwasher works OK but the outside stainless steel door has horrible dark gray marks coming out all over it. Some folks may not care what the outside looks like, not for the price of this dishwasher not holding up a year is ridiculous. I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that is 6 years old and no marks at all. I called and Bosch would charge starting off around $200 to just come out to fix. Nope never buy a Bosch if you care how long the product appearance will last.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I don't recommend the Bosch stackable dryer. Drying sheets is a pain since the dryer rolls them up in a ball; if you don't shake them out every few minutes, the inside stays damp. The sensor doesn't work, so you have to keep adding time to the dryer. And things take much longer to dry than they should. The dryer I have is new; I was very happy with my 15-year-old dryer and thought a new one would be an upgrade. I was very badly mistaken.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The counter depth, 2 freezer drawers French door Bosch refrigerator is real stainless steel, runs very quietly, maintains an even temperature, and has solid construction with glass shelves. My only suggestions would be to have exterior produce drawer and doors that are easier to close.

Bosch Appliances Company Information