2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.31/5

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: May 14, 2020

Does a great job. Very pleased from the towels to the farm clothes grease and grime the machine cleans well. We live on a farm and the water use was a big selling point for me, it was great not having the constant worries thru the drought. The shorter cycles on the machine is what I use most, the more grime the more time' for washing. I have had big top loader machines all along when our 4 children were growing up but now with mainly 2 to 4 adults and some times the grandbabies it's perfect.

A friend recommended the brand, I had people say they weren't happy with the front loaders. I decided to pay for the expensive machine, but spare parts expensive. We broke the latch on the door and a new one was $400.00.That was a shock. My son made a high frame to it on for ease of access. No bending for me which is great and a must.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Insane awesome dishwasher! It so quiet they had to put a red light shining to the floor so you know it’s running! It has 3 racks one for silverware and two for larger pans. I purchased the one with crystal wash which had lava rock pellets in it so you you don’t use heat coils to dry your dishes. They come out spot free with finish dishwashing pods and finish liquid (recommend by the manufacturer). I love it???? It's energy efficient more than any dishwasher on the market I think. It cost more but saves you in water and electricity. I recommend it!

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have been a longtime owner of Bosch appliances in every home we own with no issues in the past 20 years. I down sized and moved into a new home. I decided to change out the refrigerator first. I love the new refrigerator with French doors and one big drawer below. Upon delivery my appliance was DOA. It tripped the dedicated breaker in the garage. We plugged it into other outlets in the kitchen to check to see if it was the outlet. They took it away, the rep was very arrogant saying that it was a problem with our electric in our new home. The distributor asked if we could have an electrician check out. The electrician said that we would need to something that he can not and would not do for us. We needed to put an old style non-ARC breaker in for that dedicated outlet.

The retailer brought it back on Tuesday the following week after my husband installed a Non-ARC required by code breaker. It works. So we needed to break the electrical code to keep this appliance. The electrician said that their refrigerator and DW's have that issue. In the country they are made, they do not replicate the electrical supply with breakers like we have in the US for testing and this problem is known by the reps, distributors, and the company. I would love to see them do something about it. We have an electrical code for a reason. ARC's have been required since about 2013 or so. You would think they would have corrected this by now. All of my other homes were not new- last three so it was not an issue with the breakers. You choose.

Original review: March 6, 2020

We have had the Bosch brand for over 10 years when the outside frame came apart. We didn’t lose efficiency but decided not to fix but upgrade toe one of stainless steel interior and handle across front. This model is even quieter than our previous model and just even more efficient in its wash cycle. Plus much more types of wash cycles than we had before. So my money is on Bosch for workability, efficiency and quiet operation. If I didn’t look at the red light shining on the floor, I wouldn’t know it was working. Proud owner.

Original review: March 5, 2020

BEST dishwasher ever owned. It's under the counter dw. The noise level is you don't hear it at all! Stainless steel inside 2 racks adjustable everything for all dishes, pots and pans, cookie sheets, everything. 2 compartments (can be removed) for silverware. 1 rack above for long handled and wooden etc utensils. Best part is cleaning. Pull out the bottom rack, rolls out easily. Remove the filter easy, wash it out in sink and put it back in about every 3-6 mo. Filter is stainless steel. Several modes of cleaning from pots and pans, to crystal glasses. Air Dry or steam. Everything is cleaned 100% everytime. Cost to run is next to nothing.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

After examining the reviews on this site, coupled with my own experience, I suspect today’s Bosch products are not the quality they once were. We were satisfied with two prior Bosch dishwashers, however, two years ago we purchased an expensive new Bosch dishwasher to replace an aging one. After being gone for several weeks, we returned to find our dishwasher inoperable. Calling customer service was a frustrating experience as they could not send a certified repairman for almost a month...that’s a lot of dirty dishes. They then referred us to a local repairman who could visit a week later...perhaps they have too many repairs to perform? Today I was informed that I face a $400 repair on an expensive two-year-old machine… Inexcusable. I would not recommend a Bosch dishwasher in the future.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I recently bought all new Bosch Appliances, Double Over, Two Dishwashers and the cooktop. The Cooktop has been a disaster, was told by service company it was not installed properly, had it checked by the installer, everything done correctly, still does not ignite, called authorized servicer, said they were not allowed to do repair without go ahead from Bosch, called Bosch on the phone for an hour on hold, then talked to operator, gave me the run around would not approve...Worst service ever...

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

My experience has been sooo baddd with Bosch customer service. So, we build our home and one my friend recommend me to get Bosch Appliances so I did. I order my kitchen appliances with bosch back in May. I didn't received my appliances in July so I couldn't do closing on time due to not having my appliances and get inspection done before I moved to my new home. Which I was like okay due to Covid I understand. Here is the worst part. So the day I closed on my home and start using my appliance. Happen to find out that my Microwave and my dishwasher is not working. Brand new out of box. So I called bosch customer service in July the day after I closed on my new house and explained them the both appliances are not working.

I was given a number to call for service repair which I did and they told me 3 weeks wait for them to come out due to COVID which again I was okay no problem. It's COVID. Understandable. They came to my house after 3 weeks and told me that they have to order part for microwave and suggested me to call bosch customer to replace it because it would make more sense since he visited cost $1246 this time and next time would be about same and told me that if he doesn't hear back from bosch he will be back in 3 weeks again. So I called Bosch back and explain the whole thing. I was told they made ticket (wrong ticket where they combined microwave and dishwasher) and the rep told me they send the ticket to management to review and will send the replacement.

I called after 2 weeks AGAIN and the rep told me that they didn't proper format from the service company so I make three way call and explain them that bosch need special format for exchange. Service provider send it to bosch and bosch rep was like, "Yup got it." Since bosch didn't reach out to me or the company the service guy came and said he have to order another part and will be back 2 weeks again. This visit was again $1246. So I called bosch again and find out what's going on and went through the same thing report format is not acceptable by management company.

At this point, we paid $2800 for service and I bought this microwave around $1800.00. Didn't understand why bosch didn't see that because he will back again and will cost another $1200.00 so at this point we paid double than what microwave cost. So I called again a week later is same story. They don't have the proper format from the service provider. So here I am stuck with microwave because I can return it anymore since my purchase month was in May and here I am still waiting for bosch management to review in End Of August. The worst customer service ever. I called them more than 10 times since July to August and stayed on the phone for more than 2 hours going around and around. Every time I called my phone timed was more than 2 hours.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

After spending $1,700 on the initial unit, an extended warranty, multiple repairmen visits and two magnetrons, our 14-month-old Bosch microwave caught on fire and is now deemed irreparable. Extended warranty people say we have to collect from Bosch. Bosch says we have to collect from extended warranty. Getting the run around from them both. We had this microwave installed for just over one year when we remodeled our kitchen, including creating a custom built-in location for this microwave. We now have a giant hole in our kitchen island and have been fighting with Bosch and the warranty people for months.

Thankfully this diabolical machine didn't catch our entire house on fire. But nonetheless this product is a HUGE safety hazard and it should be pulled off the market (and poor suckers like those of us who purchased this machine should be compensated). We have filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General and asked to be included in a Class Action lawsuit that was recently filed. Protect your home and family -- do not buy a drawer microwave from Bosch!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Purchased our Bosch Dishwasher in January 2020 and now, 6 1/2 months later it needs repair. Contacted Bosch Customer service to have an approved company come in for repairs and was given three "local" contacts. One did not service my area. The other told me it would take 4 weeks for someone to come out and service our dishwasher. I notified customer service of this poor response but was told that they could nothing do about this. They blamed it on Covid. Called my Bosch authorized dealer, who is not a Bosch authorized repair service, but who installed my dishwasher and they were able to put me on the schedule within 24 hours. The drawback: I got to pay and my warranty is no longer in effect. So warning to all: Bosch does not take care of their customers and their attitude towards their customers was borderline rude, extremely dismissive and smug. An all-around horrible experience.

Bosch Appliances Company Information