Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Bosch 800 44-Decibel Top Control 24-in Built-In Dishwasher. This is my first Bosch dishwasher. It is Super quiet, you know it's running due to the led light that signs on the floor. It seems to clean very well. We use the cascade platinum pods and rinse aid on auto wash. All works fine. The annoying stuff, the power cord is like 8" long so you will have to replace the cord with a six footer unless your outlet is directly behind the unit on lower right hand corner. Salt for the water softener will have to be ordered online and shipped to you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This is a great dishwasher. Cleans dishes etc very well. One of the things I really like about this dishwasher is that it has a pan beneath it and if the washer leaks the dish catches it and has a sensor/valve that will shut the machine off. I had another model and it leaked and I had to repair the ceiling in my basement. Very well made and designed.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Does a good job cleaning dishes. It's quiet and has plenty of adjustments to accommodate different size dishes, pots and pans. The most annoying thing is starting the washer cycle. You must press the start button for the EXACT length of time or it won't start. Hold it too long (more than about 1.5-2 seconds) it won't start, hold it for less than 1 second, it won't start. Over the past few years I've gotten the timing correct so that it starts about half the time without trying a second or third or fourth time. (Gets very frustrating at times and you feel like punching the damn thing). Also, the door handle trim broke not long after getting this unit. That's annoying but not worth fixing.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

My first Bosch after years being a KitchenAid customer. Switch because of the consistent repairs needed for the same part: soap dispenser and handle. Bosch has a bar handle and a slightly different soap dispenser. Time will tell if the same 2 pet peeves wlll be an issue. So quiet and has a huge screen to catch debris where I can go and remove without having to disable other parts to get to.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Overall the stove is a good unit. However, cleaning it completely is difficult because it does not allow you to remove the power knobs to perform a complete cleaning. In addition, the heat elements are not consistently on, regardless of what setting you place them on. They will stay on for a short period and then turn off for a few minutes until such time that it feels it should come back on to that setting. The unit is a little pricey, around $800 for a cooktop. There are no frills extras on the unit, very basic in fact. You need to be careful as to what you use to clean the top or surface; very easy to remove the black coating if done with a wrong cleaner.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Before upgrading my kitchen appliances, did search on BOSCH Kitchen gas cooktops, found one had good reviews, after buying from LOWE'S, within few months, knobs getting hot, and even hotter once we cook more and more, both right and left hand side were getting extremely hot, even above we used to have microwave, under and handle both were getting so hot, unbelievable... we started getting burned 10 to 15times a year, I called Lowe's, told us to contact BOSCH directly, I gave several terrible reviews so new customers stay away from this product, this is the most terrible product of BOSCH made, as last week, my wife got really burned by her finger tops try to turn-off the steel knob, and she got really burned for weeks, couldn't touch or grab anything from that finger. Today I am complaining to company and many others NOT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT. This is Worst product...that you can't imagine!!

Thinking to hire lawyer and sue the company so, they will take this matter seriously and for other new customers not to invest in this non-safety, disaster product ever can come into the market to sell. MODEL: NGM8054UC /03. Serial: 931000088. - Wish this can help others to stay away and can save lives (if minor kids/adults/seniors -ALL touching the knobs in the house).

Original review: June 8, 2021

I had the worst experience with Bosch Appliance USA. They finally swapped out a very high end Refrigerator that they could not fix. They sent their completely incompetent installers to swap it out and ended up breaking a water line, flooding my home causing extensive damage, left it uninstalled. Water went thru my wood floors and ceiling into my basement and crawlspace. It was a nightmare. They refused to give me their insurance information to file a claim, constantly sending me from one person to another. They were even rude when I called again to ask for a higher escalation. They would not escalate it.

I will have to hire an attorney to sue them just to get them to file a claim. It's unbelievable that a company that big would treat its customers this way and even more mind boggling that they would use installers that are not experienced enough to do an install in a high end home. I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying Bosch to reconsider. I hope I can save you all my heartache. :(

Original review: May 24, 2021

Wall oven kept going dark and not working until you reset the breaker. Had to do that a few times in the three years we’ve owned it. It was installed new in 2016, we bought the house in 2018. Now it won’t reset at all. The only authorized service company is failing to get a tech here since March 31 with parts already being local. Wrote to Bosch hoping to get some help in getting the oven fixed. After sending them all the info they requested along with my firstborn they said they couldn’t help and that the awful service company they have is the only one “sorry” and “thanks for letting us help you”.??? Buy something else. Bosch is just expensive junk.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Purchased a new home, wanted to replace all appliances, ordered BOSCH 800 SERIES 3 refrigerator, BOSCH 800 SERIES Dishwasher and BOSCH 800 SERIES 36IN. FLAME cooktop on 8/7/20. Regret it! Regret it totally. Waited 6 weeks for the cooktop to arrive with an impressive tagline ‘Cook with precision’, but the BRAND fails to live up to it miserably.

To begin with I was always struggling to cook simply because the lower flame (simmer) burners are in the front and bigger flames ones are at the back (who cooks that ways??); if I started cooking on front burners, it felt like ages to even stir fry and if I started cooking at the rear, I was falling way too over my food simmering on the front burners risking burning myself. It was like juggling and guessing which burner to use for what and finally after having burnt myself more than a few times, I figured I could only use the center one for day-to-day cooking else I was just wasting my time (in hopes of ‘cooking with precision’) and getting burnt.

As if this struggle wasn’t enough, in two months’ time the right front burner started shooting flames out near the sensor, which was hitting the cooktop surface and discoloring it. It wasn’t until the stainless steel surface was fairly dark that we noticed, what was actually happening and contacted the customer service (on 12/21/20) for help only to be told (on 1/10/21) that our problem was a cosmetic issue. When we refused to agree and sent more pictures, we were told, “We unfortunately would not have any sort of troubleshooting for this specific scenario and we can only recommend contacting your local authorized servicer in order to have this matter better addressed” and referred three companies.

We shared this video (**) with the customer service on 1/22/21 hoping to get a feedback from the R&D team but BOSCH’s customer service didn’t even bother to acknowledge, leave aside respond to the safety hazard this design of the cooktop poses to its users which can be serious and life threatening. Having tested Covid positive, we couldn’t call the technical support (referred to by BOSCH) until April ’21. The chap comes in looks at every nook and corner of the cooktop but could not figure out a thing in 15 mins. Then another chap comes in in a few days and tells it is the burner cap that is causing for the flames to shoot. But, he still doesn’t know why? He goes back, calls BOSCH and gets back asking if we had another burner cap? Well yes, it is just 1mm smaller in size w.r.t the one currently on the burner. Eureka! We have the wrong burner cap on and an invoice from the technician stating BOSCH will not cover this.

Now, that I know of the reason for the shooting flames, I agree that it was probably a mix-up of the burner caps while cleaning. BUT, then did BOSCH put a symbol or mechanism in place to ensure that users don’t do that mistake? BOSCH expects me to compare the sizes of the burner caps each time I put them back but would not work on designing things better. Well, why? Because BOSCH is a BRAND, a BIG BRAND, that sells stuff at HIGH PRICES, built with PRECISION to work in LABS not homes.

Just now (5/5/21) ended a call with DAVID **, a supervisor with BOSCH customer service who made me realize how empty BOSCH is as a BRAND. How it's an ALL-HAT, NO-CATTLE company. Politeness and courtesy, two of the basics of customer service, they are not even present in BOSCH's customer service supervisors leave aside representatives. He says, I should clean one burner at a time to avoid confusion or the mix-up. Wow! What an idea? And, why should I do that because my time is FREE and he wouldn’t spend discussing paying for the invoice because his time is money!

I’m surprised that BOSCH wouldn’t cover issues that its customer service or referred authorized service providers cannot figure out in just a few seconds considering it’s so trivial and BOSCH must come across such complaints on a day-to-day basis. BOSCH not only has a bad product with hazardous design in market but also has the worst customer service I have experienced till date.

BOSCH’s R&D designs cooktops to cook with precision which means "cook in hours" and its customer service supervisor asks you to clean one burner at a time which means "clean in hours too"! On top of that BOSCH’s marketing team will spam your mailboxes with appliance service plan flyers every couple of week even when BOSCH neither covers the most basic operational issues nor has an efficient team of knowledgeable customer service or technical professionals to address them timely. What a shame!

Original review: May 1, 2021

We bought the TOP of the line SHEM78WH5N dishwasher thinking that it is Bosch what could go wrong? Since day 1, this dishwasher has had the SAME issue, it drains at the beginning on the cycle and then mid cycle ALWAYS gives the same issue “error: cannot drain”. Customer service kept just pushing us until warranty is over and now say, "Sorry we cannot help." Extremely terrible experience for a $2000 dishwasher.

Bosch Appliances Company Information