Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

942 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have had my electric glass cooktop since 2010 and have been very pleased. Never had a repair. It has an integrated "Power Start" feature which heats the element quickly to the highest power and then resets it to the continuous cooking setting picked. I guess like a gas stove would be. Another great feature is the "Auto Chef" that works with a pan that came with it, on one element. This sensor controls the temp of the pan, heating up only when necessary and prevents burning, but does do frying!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

BOSCH SLIDE IN ELECTRIC RANGE. First off the Bosch range is beautiful. It can be described as understated elegance. The range is designed to seamlessly fit into the kitchen range opening without side gaps. No more dripping down the oven sides! The front detail which slightly covers the countertop edge makes it appear custom to our kitchen. But, the best part is how it cooks! Other reviewers complain about the “loud” convection oven fan. Well, if that fan is “loud” my hearing must be shot. The Whirlpool convection microwave which sits above my Bosch Range, is 3 times louder. The Bosch convection oven is very quiet in comparison.

Since receiving my Bosch range I have used several cooking modes with great success: bake, multi bake, convection roast and convection bake. The oven is so well designed and insulated that all my dishes on the different modes were evenly cooked and delicious. The cooktop also performed. I have tried all the burners and even the warm feature. Alas, I have yet to use the warming drawer. However, based on everything else I tried, I am confident that the warming drawer will be fantastic.

I recommend you read the oven instructions to get the most out of this beautiful range. When using the cooktop be careful not to slide pots and pans over the burners. Make sure the outside of all pots and pans are clean, dry, and flat. This will save the glass cooktop from scratches. And note, all glass cooktops are susceptible to scratches. The Bosch Instruction Manual also gives cookware tips which are worth trying. I bought flat cookie sheets (no sides) as suggested by Bosch. My cookies came out of the oven perfect and delicious.

When shopping for a new range don’t overlook this Bosch appliance. However, be aware you must carefully measure your oven opening to get a great, custom fit. If you are building a new kitchen, request your contractor build the space to perfectly accommodate your new range. You will love the look and love your new Bosch Range! Oh and did I mention the stainless steel resists fingerprints? Just one more reason why I love my new range!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I live alone and wanted a small capacity washer and dryer, although I bought a set the washer has a larger capacity than the dryer, so there was a learning curve. But they are the perfect size for me. The cycles on the dryer will not dry my clothes, but there is a timed dry option, which works just fine. You just have to be careful with overloading. This is not an issue for me, but it may be for others. The washer is close to perfect.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My Bosch front load machine is now 18 years old. My husband replaced the brushes 12 months ago himself with the help of a YouTube video (otherwise we would have had to get rid of it). I'm impressed with its longevity. The only ongoing problem I have is that tiny bits of muck somehow enter the bowl and stick to the clothes; this particularly happens when the load is small. I then have to rewash the clothes.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Our 15 year olds Bosch dishwasher with a custom cabinet to match our cupboards is the best dishwasher we ever had. The adjustable upper rack can hold a 9 and 1/2 in tall wine glass and with adjustable rack tines makes loading the dishwasher a delight. Just recently we had to have the circuit board panel rebuilt since replacement is obsolete but it's worth every penny. When this dishwasher goes I will definitely buy another Bosch dishwasher now with a third rack available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I love my new very quiet Bosch dishwasher, but since I bought the lowest priced model I thought that was why I wasn't getting the best clean glasses and dishes. I contacted Bosch and they sent out a local repair guy. He discovered that water had been pooling under my dishwasher which could have been very damaging to my home. He ordered a complete replacement from Bosch. That was almost a month ago, and since then I have had to initiate all phone calls to see when my new dishwasher will come. Yesterday I spoke with a "supervisor" who was very condescending and with a sickly sweet tone told me it will be at least another 10 days before any action is taken because that is just their process, and then she cut off the conversation. I don't really know if I will get the new dishwasher after the way she abruptly cut me off.

Original review: July 13, 2019

In 2012 we renovated our kitchen, and laundry with 9 appliance that included built in coffeemaker and range hood.The appliance are poorly made and the parts are expensive. The first to go was dryer, that repeatedly gave lint error message and would not switch on. The next was built in microwave oven at 4 years. Then the washing machine has to be replaced at 5 years. In the 7th year it is the built in double oven, after minor troubles over 2 years finally failed completely. The company is not helpful. We can not talk to their technical support since they only talk to their own select group of technicians. The spare parts are ridiculously expensive. These appliances are unreliable. Please stay away from these appliances.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Had problems with it after 9 months but company response was very good and it has been trouble free for years. How a company reacts when there are issues is a good indicator of who I choose as well as reviews.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The dust that accumulates on the body/housing is from LEAKS of air from under the handle. I did call them about that and they spoke in circles pretending not to understand what was going on with their product. They offered NOTHING! They suggested changing the bag and/or the door must not be closed fully. Moronic excuses!

Original review: July 1, 2019

In the past 5.5 years, I had my Bosch downdraft breakdown 4 times. Each repair cost me at least $300 and over two weeks of wait time. This past June I asked Bosch to pay for the diagnostic and they have been dismissive with a could give a ** attitude and citing their strict auditing and guidelines for out of warranty service concessions. Not once have they acknowledged that the unit has issues, and even when they have documentation that the first service visit was within a year after the purchase, they remain nonchalant. Don't expect quality, don't expect service. You will get lots of bureaucracy and "No's". And never buy Bosch.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We got a Bosch Refrigerator vía our Builder, is the brand they carry. Is a Bosch French Door Bottom Mount! Every one we use the water dispenser the water drips constantly. We are trying to figure out what to put there. Every time that we use the ice dispenser the ice flies all over our wood floor. We have to pick up the ice constantly from the floor. The Bosch technician came to our home yesterday and said nothing could be done. That it was normal, I told him is NOT. We own an LGE and Whirlpool for over 10 years and never had that problem. That said he said, "Buy bigger glasses". Really?

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was so looking forward and very excited to finally have Bosch appliances in my newly remodeled kitchen, however, I am now very disappointed and heartbroken with my first time Bosch appliance experience. Purchased the Bosch kitchen appliance suite and while the refrigerator and range seem to be fine, our installer discovered severe concealed damage to the $1000 dishwasher when unpacking to install. The inside of the dishwasher is crushed in from the top and the upper spray unit was dislodged from its bracket. The box arrived in perfect condition (as did the range and refrigerator) and no damage is noticeable until unpacked AND the felt covering is pulled back to see the damage to the outside of the unit.

The response from the Bosch USA customer service team was that, upon review, they were unable (unwilling!) to help. When I asked to speak to the decision making manager I was told "We are not allowed to do that." It would appear that the dishwasher was damaged at the Bosch factory and shipped to the distributor who also assumed the unit was undamaged due to the perfect condition of the box. Is this the way a world-renowned brand like Bosch provides excellent customer service and satisfaction?!? Really?!?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Had new kitchen fitted in October, new Bosch induction hob fitted on December 23rd 2018. Within the first 2 months scratches started to appear. We've contacted Bosch customer service and they really don't give a ** (I apologise for the term used, but they really do not care). We fought for the engineer to be free as they want you to pay £99 for the engineer to tell you if it's under warranty or not, so they can do a free inspection. The engineer will say he can't get any signal so he can tell the customer prevention squad it was down to misuse (our fault). There seem to be many other instances of this happening - my advise is do not buy a Bosch product only because if something goes wrong they really will not help you. It's a shame as they've had our money as the whole kitchen has been fitted with Bosch appliances- let's hope nothing else goes wrong(??).

Original review: June 24, 2019

If there was a way I could leave less than 1 star I would! We bought top of the Bosch range series 8 appliances and within 1 month of installation have had 3 technicians out to our house. You call the customer service team and ALWAYS get transferred to the UK as they are too busy to take the call. No one ever calls you back. The service I received at the retail end was amazing. The product experience I've had has been literally the worst of my life. Our flexi - induction cook top ALWAYS turns off during cooking. The new pots they promised me to resolve the issue never arrived.

On the odd occasion someone's returned my call they haven't done what they said they would. I had one great Bosch customer service person, however she has now resigned! I can only assume from the poor rating Bosch have that they genuinely don't care about creating positive customer experiences. If only I'd read the reviews prior to buying a kitchen full of their products. So as I type this review my appliance still doesn't work. Perhaps Consumer Affairs can assist!

Original review: June 21, 2019

We purchased 3 Bosch appliances when we built our house 6 years ago. The dishwasher and microwave are up to par. All appliances are working. However, our 30" BOSCH gas range is experiencing rust spots on the lower drawer and around the main door. The enamel has come off part of the top of the range. I know from past experience with another dishwasher in my previous custom home, which Sears stood behind, that had rust spots on the door panel. The repairman actually said "it's a knock off from China and this is not stainless steel". I will say that my opinion is this is the same problem with the Bosch oven. Most people know that magnets do not stick to stainless steel. Well, start testing! Magnet sticks to my stainless steel dishwasher, microwave, range door and range lower drawer which means the appliances are NOT stainless steel.

The magnet does not stick to my LG refrigerator which is 10 years old so it is true stainless steel. Since BOSCH and the store I purchase it from advertised these products are stainless steel, I paid for stainless steel. Customer service is not up to par. The customer service rep and a supervisor talked about my business to my cleaning lady as she called them to defend her use of cleaning products as BOSCH tech said my cleaning products must contain bleach. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, Attorney General as I feel this is false advertisement. and to BOSCH, I am glad you recorded the conversation with my cleaning lady as you had no right to speak with her about my business and to make her an offer on my range of 20% off. Total violation of my business. Diane ** in NH

Original review: June 19, 2019

We bought our Bosch dishwasher in 2012 because we heard they were the best from the salesman (I think it was because he got a spiff for selling that brand that month). I am sorry to say that the dishwasher is leaking due to a defective valve. Bosch customer service claimed our dishwasher is “old”. They also state that their dishwasher life expectancy is only 10 years now. Hmm. My last KitchenAid dishwasher turned 15 years old when we sold the house and the owner said it went out finally after 20 years. My GE at our other house is still going strong after 14 years. Bosch is not what it use to be and their customer service manager is rude. When a company has it in the back of their head that their appliances are pretty much done at 10 years that says something about their philosophy behind building them. Just saying.

Original review: June 13, 2019

About a year ago, I moved into a new home and wanted a new refrigerator to match. There were other brands that had similar features that were considerably less expensive, but I assumed that the Bosch would be of a higher quality that would justify the additional expense. Recently some water spilled on the bottom shelf and some of it seeped through the crack and the front of the glass and settled on top of the stringer holding up the glass shelf between the crisper drawers. I tried to figure out how to pick up the glass so I could dry it off but couldn’t find a way. I assumed that it would evaporate and not be a problem but that didn’t happen. Instead, it collected dirt and mildew. I have again tried to come up with a way to pick up the glass so I could clean it, but gave up and called customer support.

I asked the girl there if someone could give me instructions as to how to pick up the glass to resolve my problem. She asked my name and apparently checked the computer to find out that my one year warranty had recently expired. She told me that all she could do was send out a serviceman and that would cost me $129. I told her that I didn’t need a service call and just wanted someone to explain to me how to get under the glass. She again said that she would have to send out a serviceman for $129.

I told her that it seemed that it was a poor design and appeared that they were intentionally trying to make money by sending out a serviceman. She said “yes”. This caught me by surprise so I asked,"Are you saying that you intentionally designed it so you could make $129 by sending out a serviceman." Again, she said “yes”. I spent extra money to get the Bosch, thinking that it would be of better quality with better customer service. I won’t make that mistake again.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I'm calling BOSCH helpline for last 15 days to replace inlet pipe. They have no proper network for services. Worst experience about the services. Total disappointment and helpless feeling. Don't buy this product.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Have owned many Bosch appliance in the past - all good. This one is the worst ever and I will not buy Bosch again. The design is poor, forget having any ice - it's a joke, but 11 months later - it is now broken. The entire defrost system needs to be replaced. So at first big ice chunks formed on the back. Bosch hotline told us to run the defrost cycle. Hmm... how do you do that on an auto defrost fridge? So 4 weeks later the whole thing is broken. The refrigerator no longer cools properly and the entire defrost system needs to be replaced. Of course no parts available - so here we are in the summer in the heat of South Carolina. Thank goodness my Igloo cooler functions - and a whole lot better than the $3000 refrigerator from Bosch! Don't buy Bosch - they don't care!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

We have a Bosch washer and have been very happy with it, so when our Asko dryer needed to be replaced, we went with the Bosch condensation dryer (500 series) two years ago. From the beginning, we had trouble with it. It was rarely able to complete a dry cycle without stopping itself with the error message to check the drain line. The drain line was always clear, we do more than the monthly maintenance suggested in the manual, and we do not overload the dryer. To complete a load, we have to fluff up the laundry every 10 minutes or so, and wipe down the front sensor unit. We had service techs come out from the store where we purchased the Bosch twice, and they replaced everything that they thought it could possibly be, sensors and even the circuit board. If anything, the drying got worse, and the situation has never been corrected.

We have gone through Bosch, who sent out service techs from a different store that dealt with Bosch products, still to no avail. We are ready to give up and get a different dryer, but we will not get a Bosch because their customer service has been so poor. Not only will they not talk to us, they insist we deal only with local service techs (mostly at our own expense, although the last calls were paid for by Bosch), and the service techs get frustrated when they are here and they can't get answers out of the Bosch tech support department that they call. My one star rating is due to a dryer that simply doesn't work, and for the poor customer service provided by Bosch.

Original review: June 3, 2019

This dishwasher leaves dishes dirty each and every time. Foul odor buildup is another issues we have to deal with. We clean the filter and sprayer arms twice a month. Most of the time dishes are thoroughly rinsed before we place them inside the dishwasher. We are very disappointed with our Bosch dishwasher.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Had a refrigerator where the ice maker never work from the day one. They asked to show them proof of purchase and I did. Called them, was told the management is going to review. Follow up with them and found out they never send report to management to make decision. Rude customer service. They hung up the phone on you and no one is above the one picks up the phone nor supervise. The customer service on the corner store is much better than Bosch customer service. I give them - not even one *.

Original review: May 31, 2019

In the last few months I bought a trimmer from Amazon and was delighted with the product, however recently the battery started to spark and the trimmer now doesn’t work. I called up the service centre 2 days ago, I spoke to the most delightful lady who was really helpful and explained to me what the process was to get the trimmer fixed. Explained that I would need to print off a courier label that will need to be taped to a box that will hold trimmer because the a third party courier will be picking it up. I explained I don’t have a printer at home and live a in a small remote village and will not be sure when I can get to a printer. She said that it’s fine and that she will send me a pre print receipt and I can print that and then call her back to sort out a delivery.

I didn’t receive the email with the label so I decided to call back today to try and get it sent back to me. I dial the number and give my reference number and let the man know I’m waiting for an email. To my surprise the man on the phone was rude and unprofessional, belittling me by saying that is not the process and that I need to arrange it and then get the email to me once it’s been processed.

I try to explain the situation with the printer to get the label. He said, "No need for a label but you need proof of purchase in the box." I said well printing is not really an option for me because of my situation to which he gave me ‘tough luck’ attitude. Then went on to say, "Well do you want to arrange it or not?" I replied to enquiry can I arrange it for a future date, which he said, "No. We only do it 24 hours in advance," then he was of no help and pressured me to answer like I didn’t have time to even think about whether this is an option for me.

And then he went on to say, "The previous person you spoke to told you the wrong information. I’ll look up who it is and have them retrained." Disgusting attitude bad mouthing your own colleagues like that. This has been one of my worst experiences with customer services given my initial interaction was one of the most pleasantest conversations. Poor customer service and I’ll be glad this is the last time I buy from you again.

Original review: May 22, 2019

DOES NOT EVEN DESERVE A ONE! I bought all Bosch products for my new kitchen thinking German engineering was the best!!! Well, think again! The dishwasher is great, the slide in gas stove is ok but surface scratches at the slightest contact. My complaint is the 24" electric wall oven that I paid close to $ 2,000 for. You set it at 350, the light indicating it has reached the temperature goes off when it is at 325 degrees, when it reaches 350 it then moves on to 400 and even goes up to 500 or sometimes goes down again to 350. It is not usable! I complained repeatedly, had a serviceman come more than once and finally Bosch replaced it only to have the same problem all over again!! I even got my electrician to come when the second oven had the same problem but the problem wasn't the electricity! I feel totally cheated and wish I could reach a larger audience with my complaint!

Original review: May 15, 2019

Do not buy Bosch if you expect a good experience with any customer service needs. At the end of 2017 I renovated my kitchen and purchased all Bosch appliances. In May 2019 the magnetron of my microwave failed. Granted, it was now out of warranty, but why the magnetron should have failed so soon was unimaginable. The Sharp microwave I replaced had worked seamlessly for 30 years.

The repair cost me almost $400 (the microwave was $1200). I contacted Bosch by email and by phone and was told there was nothing they could do in consideration of this premature (my word) need for such a repair. Perhaps it might have been different if I had reported this prior to authorizing the repair (I did use the "preferred" repair service on the Bosch website). How was I to know that?! I told the supervisor I spoke with, as well as the customer service rep that emailed me, that they could expect poor reviews posted on as many websites as I could find. No one seemed to care. Buy these appliances at your own peril.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher from Lowe's in October of 2016. The configuration was somewhat clunky but we dealt with it. We followed all manufacturer recommendations for use and had no problems until April 2019. After loading it and running it the cycle ended before it should have, when I opened the dishwasher it was full of dirty water and the dishes were not clean. I checked the book and online. Followed the directions to empty the water and check the filters. There was nothing blocking the filter. I tried to run it again, stopped after 10 minutes again full of water. Again followed the steps.

Called Lowe's. Was told that since it was more than a year old I needed to contact Bosch. I contacted Bosch who claimed the problem appeared to be in the control module. They offered a few (3) Bosch Authorized Service Centers, I called the one that was only 30 miles away (closest), after 30 minutes on the phone with model number and serial number they told me the part I needed was no longer available and if I wanted a service call it was $100 up front and they could not get here for two weeks. My husband found the correct part online, ordered it from Bosch ($110 plus shipping), he installed it and the problem was still there. You turn on the dishwasher and it runs for 30 seconds, then claims it is sanitized.

We then called a different repair company and they could not figure out what was wrong. We went back to Lowe's hoping for at least the offer of a discount from a new dishwasher. No support, they said we should call a local appliance repair company to fix it. I told them I would call a local appliance company to sell me a new dishwasher. Apparently 30 months is the length of time a dishwasher is supposed to last. Very very disappointed with Bosch and with Lowe's.

Original review: May 7, 2019

2015 Bosch 800 Series Refrigerator B22CT80SNS. We purchased the Bosch 800 Series 36" counter depth refrigerator in August of 2015. The ice maker failed after 18 months and we paid to replace it. On or about April 21, 2019 the gas lines went (while we were away on vacation). They are located in the walls of the unit and warranted for an impressive two years. We have had a repairman out who told us that they, in fact, cannot be repaired. Therefore, our less than four year old $3145.98 refrigerator needs to be thrown out! We contact Bosch service who is willing to replace the unit for $900 plus tax after an extensive debate. They have generously agreed to have the new unit delivered and left in our driveway. There will be no install or haul away. We must do this ourselves. Therefore we are expected to carry the old unit down 15 stairs, the new unit up 15 stairs, or pay someone to do this.

There will be no compensation for the $400 of meat and groceries that we lost while away on vacation. We are being prorated on a 10 year life expectancy for an expensive, high end, appliance at the retail rate. My research shows that 14 years is average lifespan of a refrigerator. I fondly remember my 30 year old Hotpoint refrigerator growing up. I don't think anyone would have treated a consumer this way years ago. I hope that after this is submitted, we are offered a fair replacement deal. I would love to be able to write that we had a positive outcome after all. It doesn't look promising.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Bosch provided me a the worst service experience of my life! After less than 3 years the ice maker in my refrigerator/freezer stopped working. I contacted customer service and no one answered, so I went online and made a request for service. I got a call back 5 days later at which time I was told they couldn’t make an appointment because there was a systems problem and I should call back. That should have clued me of what was to come. Service was finally sent out after waiting more than a month for an open appointment. When service arrived they checked my water dispenser and told me my ice maker needed to be replaced. So I agreed and was told the new part needed to be ordered by me.

I ordered the replacement ice maker and it was not available due to back order for more than 3 months! That’s ridiculous! Finally the part was available and service came out and told me the unit didn’t need replacing. It was just the “fill“ arm needed replacing. THIS WAS THE SAME TECHNICIAN THAT INITIALLY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM 4 MONTHS EARLIER! After which the service rep said it was fixed. Needless to say it was not fixed and then I rescheduled a service call. When the unit was in fact replaced by a different tech. And I was charge almost $500 for the privilege of waiting 4 months for replacing an ice maker that I suspect, never needed it to begin with. I will never buy a Bosch appliance and I am telling everyone I know to do the same.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Our dishwasher caught on fire and we found out it was under recall. We are eligible for a 40% off rebate towards a new Bosch dishwasher. But, after 6 phone calls, I still cannot get this form (which I need when I place an order). No one can offer any help besides supposedly emailing the form again. Now I'm wondering if we should even get a Bosch at all. So, we have been without a dishwasher for a week. It will be at least another week (probably 2) because the whole process involves snail mail and placing an order online.

Original review: April 29, 2019

First I will say I love the swing doors. However, after purchasing the top of their line double oven I am very disappointed in the quality and service from Bosch. The seller I purchased this from initiated a customer service call and they did send out a repair person to look at the oven. He took pictures and said the cavity is unrepairable. After calling them again to get a final response they said the oven works fine and it is only cosmetic. I agree, but this is not minor cosmetic. The entire bottom of the oven is discolored, looks like finish is peeling off. Inside of oven looks 20 years old after 1 1/2 years.

Bosch Appliances Company Information