2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Does a good job cleaning dishes. It's quiet and has plenty of adjustments to accommodate different size dishes, pots and pans. The most annoying thing is starting the washer cycle. You must press the start button for the EXACT length of time or it won't start. Hold it too long (more than about 1.5-2 seconds) it won't start, hold it for less than 1 second, it won't start. Over the past few years I've gotten the timing correct so that it starts about half the time without trying a second or third or fourth time. (Gets very frustrating at times and you feel like punching the damn thing). Also, the door handle trim broke not long after getting this unit. That's annoying but not worth fixing.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Overall the stove is a good unit. However, cleaning it completely is difficult because it does not allow you to remove the power knobs to perform a complete cleaning. In addition, the heat elements are not consistently on, regardless of what setting you place them on. They will stay on for a short period and then turn off for a few minutes until such time that it feels it should come back on to that setting. The unit is a little pricey, around $800 for a cooktop. There are no frills extras on the unit, very basic in fact. You need to be careful as to what you use to clean the top or surface; very easy to remove the black coating if done with a wrong cleaner.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Does a great job. Very pleased from the towels to the farm clothes grease and grime the machine cleans well. We live on a farm and the water use was a big selling point for me, it was great not having the constant worries thru the drought. The shorter cycles on the machine is what I use most, the more grime the more time' for washing. I have had big top loader machines all along when our 4 children were growing up but now with mainly 2 to 4 adults and some times the grandbabies it's perfect.

A friend recommended the brand, I had people say they weren't happy with the front loaders. I decided to pay for the expensive machine, but spare parts expensive. We broke the latch on the door and a new one was $400.00.That was a shock. My son made a high frame to it on for ease of access. No bending for me which is great and a must.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Insane awesome dishwasher! It so quiet they had to put a red light shining to the floor so you know it’s running! It has 3 racks one for silverware and two for larger pans. I purchased the one with crystal wash which had lava rock pellets in it so you you don’t use heat coils to dry your dishes. They come out spot free with finish dishwashing pods and finish liquid (recommend by the manufacturer). I love it???? It's energy efficient more than any dishwasher on the market I think. It cost more but saves you in water and electricity. I recommend it!

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have been a longtime owner of Bosch appliances in every home we own with no issues in the past 20 years. I down sized and moved into a new home. I decided to change out the refrigerator first. I love the new refrigerator with French doors and one big drawer below. Upon delivery my appliance was DOA. It tripped the dedicated breaker in the garage. We plugged it into other outlets in the kitchen to check to see if it was the outlet. They took it away, the rep was very arrogant saying that it was a problem with our electric in our new home. The distributor asked if we could have an electrician check out. The electrician said that we would need to something that he can not and would not do for us. We needed to put an old style non-ARC breaker in for that dedicated outlet.

The retailer brought it back on Tuesday the following week after my husband installed a Non-ARC required by code breaker. It works. So we needed to break the electrical code to keep this appliance. The electrician said that their refrigerator and DW's have that issue. In the country they are made, they do not replicate the electrical supply with breakers like we have in the US for testing and this problem is known by the reps, distributors, and the company. I would love to see them do something about it. We have an electrical code for a reason. ARC's have been required since about 2013 or so. You would think they would have corrected this by now. All of my other homes were not new- last three so it was not an issue with the breakers. You choose.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I bought this dishwasher based on customer reviews. I like the washing performance of this dishwasher, and the lighted controls…especially that it tells me how many minutes are left on the chosen cycle and when it is finished. It is also very quiet. There is one thing that frustrates me and that is the design of the lower rack. The tines are placed so that it can accommodate 12 place settings (according to the instruction manual). Few, if any, people have need for this on a daily basis. What is needed for families is capacity for place settings combined with serving bowls, mixing bowls, and cooking utensils. However, the tines are positioned so that this is very difficult and requires running the dishwasher more frequently or doing more hand washing. (My previous dishwasher was much more accommodating of a variety of dishes and pans.)

I wrote a letter to the manufacturer with my concerns and asked if there is an alternative bottom rack. I got a callback but was unavailable. The message was that they would call back. Never happened. I called the number in the instruction book twice, each time the representative said she would have another person call me back...never happened. I thought Bosch was a top of the line brand and expected better service than this. At this point I would never recommend this brand to anyone. Model SHEM63W56N/13.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I have had 2 repair reps at my home to pretty much tell me that this $800 dishwasher to be ran daily to avoid the terrible smell. In all my years of using a dishwasher have I ever had to run it daily. It would only have a few dishes in it. This is a bad design that Bosch is just pushing off on consumers. Beware - don’t buy unless you like a nasty smell In your kitchen.. They don’t care, they say it’s working as designed....

Original review: March 18, 2021

We used the self cleaning feature 1 time on our bottom wall oven. It exploded sending glass everywhere. I called Bosch. They were "shocked" and gave me a company to call to diagnose the problem. I finally heard back about a month and a half later! They were kind enough to tell me they were not going to cover it, even the repair company agreed with us. Horrible customer service!!!

Original review: March 15, 2021

To say I'm beyond irritated is an understatement. For THREE WEEKS I've tried contacting Bosch. I wait on hold for over an hour & submit service requests online, but they clearly don't care. I bought a house with a Bosch refrigerator & we've lived here for less than a year. So far the ice machine is broken & there's an internal fan that sounds like a semi trucks jake brake. I've done troubleshooting on my own with 0 results. At this time I'm reminded why I prefer Whirlpool, LG and Samsung. You don't get what you pay for with Bosch. Go with a more trusted brand.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We own a Wall oven and microwave combo - HBLP751UC. The oven part over the years would just freeze that is none of the controls would work till the breaker was switched on and off. Now the microwave switches are broken and parts are not available for 2-3 weeks or longer. So the whole unit is out of action for that long. When purchasing I should have done my due diligence and checked but these are made in China and I was hoping for German reliability. I could have done much better at a cheaper price. Now I am stuck with this without service from Bosch. When I asked Bosch for service they said they do not have service people in my area and to use someone in the market who is certified. Check if they have service in your area before purchase and also buy a warranty for sure. Sorry I do not have anything positive to say about Bosch appliances.

Bosch Appliances Company Information