2.07/5

869 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2018

Complaint sent in December 2016. After being on hold for 20 minutes spoke with a unconcerned/unkind Caleb ** head manager (or so I was told) of the appliance department. We have a Bosch dishwasher, where basically the upper and lower racks are disintegrating due to rust. The machine is still fairly new, and is run only with your recommended Finish products. The plastic coating on the racks appear to crack and scale off, exposing rusted/rotten metal underneath, something that does not appear to reflect the product quality one would expect from Bosch.

It is frankly surprising as we thought we had purchased a quality German appliance like the many other Miele products we have in the house. The damage is on both upper and lower racks, so if I were to guess, I would attribute this to a poor/wrong coating on the steel racks. The damage is not caused by chips caused by loading/un-loading the machine. Bosch's reply.. 'We will give you 20% off new racks as customer goodwill'. When carefully ordering a product with a reputation for quality I would have expected them to have more concern when their appliances fail. Super disappointed and will not be buying or recommending another Bosch appliance in the future.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Very unhappy with Bosch's customer service and ability to order a part in a timely manner. The estimated delivery time for when I ordered in February was pushed back first for March, then April, and now May. That is 3 times already and I am still waiting for something I already paid for via credit card. In this rate will I ever get this part?

When I requested an explanation, I was given a standard reason that it was due to manufacturing problems and could not even reassure me that I would get this part. While I understand the consumer supervisor I spoke with had no information to assist me further, this individual was very rude and unsympathetic which didn't help with my level of frustration. There is no reason for a part to take more than 3 months to be delivered, especially if Bosch is supposed to be a high end product. If there is such a demand or difficulty getting this replacement part then clearly there is a problem with inventory or perhaps it is a design flaw they are not willing to admit with the product (dishwasher panel/handle crack). They offered to refund me for the order since I was so unhappy, but how does that help in getting a problem fixed and having the ability to use my dishwasher properly, a dishwasher if it had the part would function properly?

At this rate I do not trust nor believe that this company will send me my part. Sadly, they are the only ones who can get this part, which puts me in position where I have no other choice but to wait for them to deliver who knows how long. Very frustrating. Based on my experience, I will think twice before purchasing another Bosch product in the future.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had a Bosch refrigerator for many years and was very happy. I recently had to renew the fridge and opted to buy Bosch again, however I am very disappointed in the new design. Shelves are not the right distance apart (not allowing the stacking of such things as 2 yogurt pots) thus wasting lots of space, putting a huge draw in place of a door shelf, door shelves with a cover, the freezer is much smaller than the previous even though the external dimensions are the same. The new fridge makes lots of squeaking noises. Your designers are IDIOTS. I will be looking at another manufacturer when I change this fridge.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Pathetic Bosch service in Gurgaon, I have been chasing them to repairs my washing machine since past one month. Surprisingly they have sent the engineer in between to charge me for service call but no resolution of the problem, they willliw too much on the progress. Request no one to buy Bosch products as you may never get satisfied after sales service.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I loved my Bosch dishwasher (Silence Plus 48 dBA Dishwasher) when I first got it. It was so quiet and did a great job. Two years in and just out of warranty, it needed a $300.00 repair because water was leaking out the bottom. Now, two years after that, it won't stop draining, even with the door open. A repairman confirmed what I thought, water was leaking into the subtray so the float wouldn't drop to allow the machine to function. He found a break in the water valve and told me the problem is a common one. I won't be buying any Bosch appliance again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: March 28, 2018

We'd just purchased and installed a Bosch Ascenta (top marks from CR) when my husband got transferred. It was pricey but worth, so we opted to move our new appliance with us. No issues for a couple of years, then it stopped draining, wasn't under warranty etc. Since we weren't sure how long we'd be in our house we opted for less expensive brands - went through three before our big kitchen remodel. Went back to Bosch - unit was as outstanding as our first until we had to "unhook" it make so adjustments during the remodel.

Since being reinstalled, it doesn't drain. We get an E25 error and have to run rinse cycles to force it to drain. It smells - like celery? Maple syrup? And the filters which I clean after every cycle are loaded with debris - and we pre-rinse!? Still under warranty I called Bosch. Since we don't live in a metropolitan area, they referred me to an "approved" Bosch service provider in lieu of sending a Bosch tech. Called their suggested provider and was advised that I'd have to pay $100 for them just to come out even though this is a Bosch warranty call. Seriously? I already dropped $800 and now I have to shell out for something that should be fully covered by the warranty? Next washer won't be a Bosch.

Updated on 05/07/2018: The grimy "clean" dishes and the awful stench had me biting the bullet and accepting the ridiculous service call charge. Service tech was at our house for less than half an hour and had to call Bosch Tech Line for help - between the two they decide it's a defective wash pump. $490 to fix + $100 to diagnose = more than we paid for the unit (was a sweet Black Friday deal). Figured we'd just buy a new unit until I was flipping through the owner's manual and noted that this unit carried the Good Housekeeping Seal which guaranteed to refund or replace any defective product within the first two years of ownership.

When I was finally able to get an answer from GH I was told that Bosch no longer carried the GH Seal but that they'd forwarded my info on to Bosch. I was surprised when Bosch contacted me, and upon my supplying proof of purchase and the service tech's invoice, agreed to repair the washer at no charge to me and refund the $100 service call charge. I had such high hopes.

Two weeks later, with a new genuine Bosch replacement part in hand, Mr. Service Tech installed the new wash pump and leaves telling me it's all good. I run a cycle with no dishes and what do you know - E25! Mr. Service Tech comes back out and is on the phone with the Bosch Tech department again. Actually overheard him getting pointers on how to spin this to being our fault i.e., we installed the dishwasher incorrectly!?!

Our dishwasher is routed directly into the waste water line in the basement, not into the kitchen sink (which drains in to the same waste water line) - so here's his analysis of the situation: Modern dishwashers don't have enough power to expel water down (to the pipe below the unit) and are made to push the water to the sink (through tubing fed through the nearby cabinets and UP into the disposal). So they can defy gravity, despite being low energy?

He doesn't know why we're only getting the error sometimes but thinks maybe there's an air bubble and the reason we're able force drain is that enough water pressure builds up that it's finally able to clear. Maybe there's something stuck in the drain pump - couldn't explain why he didn't check that the first time he came out - and didn't do it this time either!? Can't explain why the dishwasher worked for six months. Tells us to disconnect the dishwasher drain hose from the waste water line and set it up to drain into a 5 gallon bucket. Run a cycle and if the water drains into the bucket there should be no E25 error and proof that it wasn't correctly installed. Call him if that doesn't work.

SO...we do it and we ran every conceivable cycle on after the other - no breaks - drained every time, but 50% of the time there was significant water left in the washer and the E25 error. Called Mr. Service Tech this morning. Was told that either he'd call us back or the service company would call once they determined what to do. My bet is nothing. But, we're not out anything, and we won't be buying a Bosch again!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have booked one washing machine thru Vijay sales, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India on 9th March 2018. And was committed a delivery date maximum by 19th March 2018 by Bosch representative Mr. Alok ** but till 25th March I have not received my booked product and instead of providing my machine he I asking me to take refund and also on said date he has misbehave with me. 1. Request you to give me my booked product. 2. Is this is a way your representative treat your customers. 3. I have said him that I will escalate this matter then his response was that this will not at all help me by writing to anyone. 4. Worried about my decision of buying Bosch machine... While selling if I am getting this type of service then what will happen in future. Seeking your positive response with solution on priority. A what action to your employee who is spoiling the reputation of No.1 BRAND.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Bosch came out three time and failed to repair my refridge. Blame the problem on previous unauthorized service company. Refridge is under five years old. Read some of your reviews and you should not be in business based on your customer service. I will attempt to put your service decision on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter to show the world you do not stand by your product. Your decision about my issue is a cop out and shows you do not stand by your products. If you have a change in heart please let me know!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have owned my Bosch dishwasher for 4 years. The first one I received was replaced and I lived with it. Sometimes I just want to cry at the poor job it does and other times I just wash the dishes by hand. I am not a plumber but I have learned to remove the wands and clean out the openings so the water can pass through. Yesterday I had a dinner for 10 guests and when I took out the fancy glasses they all had to be washed since they were not suitable for company. I am heartbroken about this purchase. Any suggestions?

Original review: March 17, 2018

Bosch Canada: A horrible experience when it comes to repair or maintenance. FD Number8804. E-Nr numberB18IW50NSP/14. Appliance Type BUILT-IN WINE COOLER. First of all, the appliance number, instead of being in a visible or at least easily accessible place in the appliance, is deep inside and can only be photographed: smart? No just plain stupid. I had a plastic slider at the bottom of the appliance door that broke and wanted to have it replaced. It would take me all of 5 minutes to remove the broken one and put a replacement. Easy? Not with Bosch.

I called in December: the answer was " this number is not available!!!" I then sent an email in January: no reply. I called: the answer was "this number is not available!!!" For hours. I then called on Sunday February 4 at 8 pm and left a message with the person (finally) answering. My call was effectively returned by Debbie (thanks). She chose to call on February 5 at lunchtime when I was not around. She left a message with her 800 number and extension 1879469. I then dialed back for hours on February 5: same message "this number is not available!!!" I finally got the 800 number after 20 trials and was kept on the line for "33 minutes" with no technician, just the periodic message. There was no possibility "as Debbie had suggested" to dial an extension: no option. So why, would she leave such a confusing message?

Bosch Service is an absolute mess and they are making a mockery of clients. They finally contacted me by email and the answer was: there is no way to buy the plastic slider: you must buy the entire lower hinge and have a technician come overtook remove the door: cost, around 400$. Guess what: I removed the broken part and the door works still very well. Despite that, I had the broken part 3D printed for 20$! Will I ever buy from Bosch again: "never."

Original review: March 9, 2018

I opened this account specifically to complain about my Bosch dishwasher. Within a year, rust spots started to appear on the inside door and the Bosch repairman inspected them and said it was normal and they would not fix nor replace it. The dishwasher still worked so we let it go. Then 2 years later the coating on the bottom rack started to melt off revealing the metal underneath that started to rust. Since it had been 2 years, Bosch did not cover it and from there on the bottom rack started to have other areas of disintegration.

A replacement for just the bottom rack is $250. Now today the machine stopped working. The water inlet may be clogged as no water comes in. We didn't realize it until we started smelling something burning. The smell came from the grinder that burned its gears since there was no water. As much as I would like to be swayed by the great reviews Bosch gets from professional reviewers, the endurance does not pan out and that's something professional reviewers don't think about.

Original review: March 7, 2018

When I had to replace the dishwasher that came with my home when I bought it, I wanted an excellent product and was willing to pay for it. I chose a Bosch from a local appliance dealer. While I haven't had mechanical issues like many reviewers, the performance of this very expensive dishwasher is dismal. The dishes do not get clean or dry, and there is often a strange biological-type odor after the cycle runs. I will never purchase another Bosch product.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Great cleaning results at minimum level. Very silent with big range due to long power line. Sometimes, if you don't press in the middle the on/off switch doesn't work (too weak, need a little more stiffness). But you adapt quick to press this wide button always in a middle position.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Upon repairing my dishwasher, the repairman punctured/broke a different part than the one he was repairing. The company made no effort whatsoever to repair the damage in a timely manner and did not return for 2 weeks to fix the part he broke. I called the company throughout the process and no support was given. I was shocked by this poor performance. I had heard they are a good company; however I will never purchase anything from Bosch again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We have been pleased with the operation of our 8 year old dishwasher. We ran into some minor difficulties and contacted Bosch. The bottom line is that I cannot recall in many years being so impressed with the customer service that we received from Bosch. Most large companies today have no idea of what customer service means. Bosch sets the pace in this department. I would not hesitate to acquire any Bosch products - now knowing that they stand behind their products and truly care about their client base.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher in 2012. 2 years later, 2014, the racks had issues with the protective plastic coating peeling off the prongs that hold the dishes in place. I was able to replace both the top and bottom racks at no charge by Bosch. In 2018 the racks again had the same issue with the coating peeling off the prongs, on both the top and bottom racks. Today I was told after working with customer no service for 2 months that the racks are not covered and I would need to pay for new ones. NOT happy with the service as well as the dishwasher. To me this is a defect, not normal wear and tear. I have owned Bosch dishwashers in the past and have never had issues with exposed metal on the racks.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We purchased a vacuum cleaner from Bosch, which stopped working. Our first call to Bosch customer service was over 6 months ago. We were emailed a manual on how to clean the sensors on the unit. Did not fix it. Called again. Told a service agent would be in touch. Heard nothing. Called again. Apparently assigned a different service agent, who would also call us directly. After hearing nothing, we tried calling ourselves. Phone number disconnected. Searched business online for another number. Also disconnected.

After ringing Bosch one more time, not only did the Bosch rep not know that they are referring people to a discontinued business, but stated they were still operational, and insinuated we had not followed up to raise our concerns. I cannot say how many times we have called Bosch. Each time with no real concern that we have a product that doesn't work, or that we spent a substantial amount more to buy what we thought was a good brand. Not only am I disappointed in this service, but the product. I will ensure that everyone I know, knows what they are in for, if have anything to do with Bosch.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Something terribly dysfunctional about Bosch and how they treat customers. After receiving several marketing letters pushing that I purchase a service plan because my warranty had expired, I agreed and sent a check. When my dishwasher broke I contacted Bosch and filed a maintenance request. After 10 days of silence from Bosch, I called and was told that my request would not be honored because I was still under warranty. I then contacted the service department and was told to send a copy of my purchase receipt, which I did. After another 10 days of silence, I again contacted Bosch and was told that the person handling my case had been in “training” and I should send a picture of my defective part... which I did. Again total silence from Bosch!

Does anyone work at Bosch? The only efficient thing they do is cash my check. Why would they send marketing material imploring that I purchase a service plan when I’m still under warranty? The material specifically warns that my warranty had expired. Then when I ask for servicing they ignore my request then decline to honor their contract. I’ll never buy Bosch again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

When remodeling my kitchen my sister in law told me not to buy a Bosch dishwasher. She dislikes hers. We were buying all other Bosch appliances so we risked it. The dishwasher came unusable. The drum that houses the dishwasher and holds the water in was pierced in manufacture. It took us one month and many phone calls to get a Bosch technician out to tell us it was not repairable and authorize replacement. It then took Bosch 8 weeks to find a new replacement dishwasher and someone to install it.

We live in Philadelphia, you could trip over plumbers in our neighborhood. Now it is less than a year since we have the brand new replacement and it no longer works. Waited 2 weeks to get a technician out to tell us that the pump, mother board and one other part have gone bad. Problem is they are not in stock so now we are one month into no working dishwasher (again) and still waiting for repair. Each call to Bosch is at least a 20 minute wait on hold (apparently they have a slew of problems to deal with) and it takes at least 3 phone calls to get anyone out to your house. Just don't do it. Save yourself the hassle.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Quiet, you do not realize it's on! Love the dishwasher. I have never owned a Bosch before, they are expensive but worth it! Would highly recommend this brand!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Terrible dishwasher - Was delivered yesterday. The inside is small and very badly arranged. Cycle is 2 hrs. 10 min., sort of chemical smell when finished. Door opens too close to floor (not good for seniors). Why does a company put their name on something like this. I've read a lot of negative reviews. Lots of water left on dishes. Side of door sticks. Would not buy again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Did not dry dishes well but otherwise worked ok and was very quiet. Just broke recently after 12 years and is so expensive to even have a repair person come look at it that I am buying another brand of dishwasher instead of trying to fix it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Extremely quiet, right size for a small family while being roomy. Racks don't adjust but no need since they are spaced well and provide several options for dish and pot placement.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Reliable, VERY quiet (opened door many times thinking cycle was complete!) and large capacity. Cleaning results were excellent. Virtually maintenance free and I believe is a great value for all the benefits received.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Very quiet running. Love the stainless steel interior, roomy utensil basket and adjustable dividers on top rack make loading larger items a breeze.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The door cord keeps breaking because it is too heavy to hold the door. I have to be very careful when I open and close it. It is not configured with eco-space.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had to replace motor when out of warranty and son broke glass in dw. Outside of that, it is pushing 7 plus years. Starting to make noises when using, but overall has been a good dw.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Super quiet machine. It cleans well and the stainless interior stays bright with a little vinegar added once in a while. The dishes are clean and it is reliable.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Love the upper rack that holds silverware. It can hold a lot and the way it position the knives, upward, so it does not dig into the plastic coating. Common sense will tell you when washing hot, plastic gets warm and knives get hot and start to dig in and then the metal start to rust and break off. Then the middle rack can be adjusted up or down as needed. Damn thing is so quiet, and the only way to tell it is running, the red LED at the bottom is on.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This dishwasher is too quiet for me. I can't hear when it is running like my old Kenmore. If it just had a tone when it started and quit I would be happy. All the buttons are hidden in the door so I can't even see those if it is on and running. Other than that it is very good.

Bosch Appliances Company Information