Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: June 29, 2021

Was remodeling my kitchen and wanted to date my appliances. Did research and came up with Bosch as a number one brand. It is not. You know the commercial, if you have to rinse the dishes what does a dishwasher do? Well, that’s this dishwasher. It takes just over 2 hours to do a normal cycle and still I’m rewashing by hand. I thought it maybe the detergent I use so switched, nope. I wish I stayed with my OLD Maytag! I gave it 2 stars because it is very quiet. I wish I could change it, but not willing to be out $900 bucks.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Before upgrading my kitchen appliances, did search on BOSCH Kitchen gas cooktops, found one had good reviews, after buying from LOWE'S, within few months, knobs getting hot, and even hotter once we cook more and more, both right and left hand side were getting extremely hot, even above we used to have microwave, under and handle both were getting so hot, unbelievable... we started getting burned 10 to 15times a year, I called Lowe's, told us to contact BOSCH directly, I gave several terrible reviews so new customers stay away from this product, this is the most terrible product of BOSCH made, as last week, my wife got really burned by her finger tops try to turn-off the steel knob, and she got really burned for weeks, couldn't touch or grab anything from that finger. Today I am complaining to company and many others NOT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT. This is Worst product...that you can't imagine!!

Thinking to hire lawyer and sue the company so, they will take this matter seriously and for other new customers not to invest in this non-safety, disaster product ever can come into the market to sell. MODEL: NGM8054UC /03. Serial: 931000088. - Wish this can help others to stay away and can save lives (if minor kids/adults/seniors -ALL touching the knobs in the house).

Original review: June 8, 2021

I had the worst experience with Bosch Appliance USA. They finally swapped out a very high end Refrigerator that they could not fix. They sent their completely incompetent installers to swap it out and ended up breaking a water line, flooding my home causing extensive damage, left it uninstalled. Water went thru my wood floors and ceiling into my basement and crawlspace. It was a nightmare. They refused to give me their insurance information to file a claim, constantly sending me from one person to another. They were even rude when I called again to ask for a higher escalation. They would not escalate it.

I will have to hire an attorney to sue them just to get them to file a claim. It's unbelievable that a company that big would treat its customers this way and even more mind boggling that they would use installers that are not experienced enough to do an install in a high end home. I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying Bosch to reconsider. I hope I can save you all my heartache. :(

Original review: May 24, 2021

Wall oven kept going dark and not working until you reset the breaker. Had to do that a few times in the three years we’ve owned it. It was installed new in 2016, we bought the house in 2018. Now it won’t reset at all. The only authorized service company is failing to get a tech here since March 31 with parts already being local. Wrote to Bosch hoping to get some help in getting the oven fixed. After sending them all the info they requested along with my firstborn they said they couldn’t help and that the awful service company they have is the only one “sorry” and “thanks for letting us help you”.??? Buy something else. Bosch is just expensive junk.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Purchased a new home, wanted to replace all appliances, ordered BOSCH 800 SERIES 3 refrigerator, BOSCH 800 SERIES Dishwasher and BOSCH 800 SERIES 36IN. FLAME cooktop on 8/7/20. Regret it! Regret it totally. Waited 6 weeks for the cooktop to arrive with an impressive tagline ‘Cook with precision’, but the BRAND fails to live up to it miserably.

To begin with I was always struggling to cook simply because the lower flame (simmer) burners are in the front and bigger flames ones are at the back (who cooks that ways??); if I started cooking on front burners, it felt like ages to even stir fry and if I started cooking at the rear, I was falling way too over my food simmering on the front burners risking burning myself. It was like juggling and guessing which burner to use for what and finally after having burnt myself more than a few times, I figured I could only use the center one for day-to-day cooking else I was just wasting my time (in hopes of ‘cooking with precision’) and getting burnt.

As if this struggle wasn’t enough, in two months’ time the right front burner started shooting flames out near the sensor, which was hitting the cooktop surface and discoloring it. It wasn’t until the stainless steel surface was fairly dark that we noticed, what was actually happening and contacted the customer service (on 12/21/20) for help only to be told (on 1/10/21) that our problem was a cosmetic issue. When we refused to agree and sent more pictures, we were told, “We unfortunately would not have any sort of troubleshooting for this specific scenario and we can only recommend contacting your local authorized servicer in order to have this matter better addressed” and referred three companies.

We shared this video (**) with the customer service on 1/22/21 hoping to get a feedback from the R&D team but BOSCH’s customer service didn’t even bother to acknowledge, leave aside respond to the safety hazard this design of the cooktop poses to its users which can be serious and life threatening. Having tested Covid positive, we couldn’t call the technical support (referred to by BOSCH) until April ’21. The chap comes in looks at every nook and corner of the cooktop but could not figure out a thing in 15 mins. Then another chap comes in in a few days and tells it is the burner cap that is causing for the flames to shoot. But, he still doesn’t know why? He goes back, calls BOSCH and gets back asking if we had another burner cap? Well yes, it is just 1mm smaller in size w.r.t the one currently on the burner. Eureka! We have the wrong burner cap on and an invoice from the technician stating BOSCH will not cover this.

Now, that I know of the reason for the shooting flames, I agree that it was probably a mix-up of the burner caps while cleaning. BUT, then did BOSCH put a symbol or mechanism in place to ensure that users don’t do that mistake? BOSCH expects me to compare the sizes of the burner caps each time I put them back but would not work on designing things better. Well, why? Because BOSCH is a BRAND, a BIG BRAND, that sells stuff at HIGH PRICES, built with PRECISION to work in LABS not homes.

Just now (5/5/21) ended a call with DAVID **, a supervisor with BOSCH customer service who made me realize how empty BOSCH is as a BRAND. How it's an ALL-HAT, NO-CATTLE company. Politeness and courtesy, two of the basics of customer service, they are not even present in BOSCH's customer service supervisors leave aside representatives. He says, I should clean one burner at a time to avoid confusion or the mix-up. Wow! What an idea? And, why should I do that because my time is FREE and he wouldn’t spend discussing paying for the invoice because his time is money!

I’m surprised that BOSCH wouldn’t cover issues that its customer service or referred authorized service providers cannot figure out in just a few seconds considering it’s so trivial and BOSCH must come across such complaints on a day-to-day basis. BOSCH not only has a bad product with hazardous design in market but also has the worst customer service I have experienced till date.

BOSCH’s R&D designs cooktops to cook with precision which means "cook in hours" and its customer service supervisor asks you to clean one burner at a time which means "clean in hours too"! On top of that BOSCH’s marketing team will spam your mailboxes with appliance service plan flyers every couple of week even when BOSCH neither covers the most basic operational issues nor has an efficient team of knowledgeable customer service or technical professionals to address them timely. What a shame!

Original review: May 1, 2021

We bought the TOP of the line SHEM78WH5N dishwasher thinking that it is Bosch what could go wrong? Since day 1, this dishwasher has had the SAME issue, it drains at the beginning on the cycle and then mid cycle ALWAYS gives the same issue “error: cannot drain”. Customer service kept just pushing us until warranty is over and now say, "Sorry we cannot help." Extremely terrible experience for a $2000 dishwasher.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I bought this dishwasher based on customer reviews. I like the washing performance of this dishwasher, and the lighted controls…especially that it tells me how many minutes are left on the chosen cycle and when it is finished. It is also very quiet. There is one thing that frustrates me and that is the design of the lower rack. The tines are placed so that it can accommodate 12 place settings (according to the instruction manual). Few, if any, people have need for this on a daily basis. What is needed for families is capacity for place settings combined with serving bowls, mixing bowls, and cooking utensils. However, the tines are positioned so that this is very difficult and requires running the dishwasher more frequently or doing more hand washing. (My previous dishwasher was much more accommodating of a variety of dishes and pans.)

I wrote a letter to the manufacturer with my concerns and asked if there is an alternative bottom rack. I got a callback but was unavailable. The message was that they would call back. Never happened. I called the number in the instruction book twice, each time the representative said she would have another person call me back...never happened. I thought Bosch was a top of the line brand and expected better service than this. At this point I would never recommend this brand to anyone. Model SHEM63W56N/13.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I have had 2 repair reps at my home to pretty much tell me that this $800 dishwasher to be ran daily to avoid the terrible smell. In all my years of using a dishwasher have I ever had to run it daily. It would only have a few dishes in it. This is a bad design that Bosch is just pushing off on consumers. Beware - don’t buy unless you like a nasty smell In your kitchen.. They don’t care, they say it’s working as designed....

Original review: March 18, 2021

We used the self cleaning feature 1 time on our bottom wall oven. It exploded sending glass everywhere. I called Bosch. They were "shocked" and gave me a company to call to diagnose the problem. I finally heard back about a month and a half later! They were kind enough to tell me they were not going to cover it, even the repair company agreed with us. Horrible customer service!!!

Original review: March 15, 2021

To say I'm beyond irritated is an understatement. For THREE WEEKS I've tried contacting Bosch. I wait on hold for over an hour & submit service requests online, but they clearly don't care. I bought a house with a Bosch refrigerator & we've lived here for less than a year. So far the ice machine is broken & there's an internal fan that sounds like a semi trucks jake brake. I've done troubleshooting on my own with 0 results. At this time I'm reminded why I prefer Whirlpool, LG and Samsung. You don't get what you pay for with Bosch. Go with a more trusted brand.

Bosch Appliances Company Information