3.9/5 (586 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bosch Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I contracted Apple Air to install a tankless hot water heater during a complete home renovation. The Bosch unit has had nothing but problems since we starting using it. Apple has had a technician here a dozen times and has tried replacing different parts and has had no success. The unit gets freezing cold and then scalding hot intermittently. Even the technician said he can see the codes that are appearing indicating the problem. I’ve been very patient thus far but am tired of being told “we’ll call you back” when they never do. Weeks go by and we hear nothing. It’s not right. At some point they need to admit that the unit is faulty and to either install a new one or issue me a refund because frankly I don’t want to do businesses with this company anymore. Please don’t make the mistake I made by getting schmoozed Apple Air and there salesman John **.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

We had a 20 year old Kenmore 4 burner cooktop and when the igniters started failing we decided on a Bosch 30” Drop In Cooktop. As Lowe's is pretty much the only shop to purchase from in our area the Bosch 5 Burner Gas Cooktop was recommended by the store as the best! At approximately $1250 we were excited and hoped for the best and had to wait 2 months ordering time. Unfortunately when using this cooktop the metal base heats up and gets so hot you can actually burn yourself if you touch any part of the metal. Our old cooktop was a thicker heavier gage metal and never got hot.

This is a cheap, poorly designed product. The simmer burners should both be in the front and the bigger burners in the back! We may return this to Lowe's as they have been much better at consumer purchase approval than Bosch. We contacted Bosch and after much banter they had repair people come out. The Repair Service agreed 100% that there was something wrong. So far this is unresolved and there doesn’t seem to be a true fix, rather this is more a manufacturer’s design defect. If you have any little children this is especially dangerous as kids always reach up and touch things. They can get severe burns if touched when in use. Bosch’ s opinion was that the cooktop shouldn’t really be used for more than 1/2 hour of use.

When we mentioned holidays or cooking soup for 2 hours they said that was over usage. They are totally resistant and unwilling to helping us fix this or replace so far! Previous experience with Bosch appliances had been good as we own others. However this has completely changed our opinion of this company! The average 30” cooktop is $600 and this was twice the price! If all these cooktops get hot and have no insulation then it’s not necessary to spend more not to get a better device. Our opinion, This product should be recalled!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Our Bosch 800 gas slide-in range was purchased in late 2019, installed in February 2020 and the igniter failed in October 2021. One would hope that a new $2200 range would last longer than a year and a half before failing. We would have had to wait 30 days for service at hundreds of dollars cost, so I bought a new igniter and installed it so that we would have a working oven. Bosch was unwilling to reimburse us for the $105 igniter. I don't recommend Bosch.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Bosch service tech discovered a manufacturers defect in my new dishwasher model number SHEM63W55N. My dealer submitted the request to replace immediately. The RA paperwork took 7 weeks. After spending the morning on the phone with the seller, I was told this model is not available. When I called Bosch, the customer service informed me that they have closed the issue and that they are done. No suggestions or offers to correct the issue and no apology for their delays. I have to hope that the seller will do what is necessary to correct the issue. Would have expected better and more compassion from their customer service people. I do not recommend Bosch if you want good customer service!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I have been calling for more than a week as my hob is not working. Till date I haven't received a call from service person or technicians to sort out my issues. I bought 5 appliances last year from Bosch. My hob is not working and no service from bosch. Such a reputed company. If your customer service is not good you will definitely end up in huge loss.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I have a 13 month old Bosch fridge. The first time it needed service under the warranty it was hours of tracking someone down to do it. 12 months in, the ice maker stopped working. Impossible again to get through the Bosch telephone lines or chat lines. The lack of decent service totally negates what might be a good product. I wouldn't call this customer service; rather it's customer disservice.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I love my new Bosch double oven! The doors are side opening (great for a short person); a telescoping rack that makes removing hot items so easy. Heating temperature is perfect and I can bake six cookie sheets at once. This was a great choice for me.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I ordered a display circuit board for my Bosch oven. The display magically fixed itself by the time the part arrived, so I called Bosch to a coordinate return. My problem is with Bosch's mandatory 25% restocking fee, and with the information I had to provide in order to secure my timely refund. The circuit board, the box in which it arrived in I never opened, cost $106. I paid $26.50 to restock a circuit board that's probably 1/8" thick, and 6" x 3" in size. There's no effort to put this unused part back on the shelf. But it is what it is, and Bosch makes that clear in their return policy. While exorbitant, it wasn't a surprise. I just thought there'd be more flexibility. After all, I'm not returning a refrigerator. So as I moved through the return process, I had to provide a model number for the oven. If I didn't, the refunds would be delayed. I asked the representative why that mattered, and that it should have no bearing on my return.

They have the part number, so that should be enough. I also commented that they're charging me 25% to restock, so maybe they should figure that out. Representative was very polite, but said several times that her hands were tied. In the end, I provided much more information than is required to return the part, especially when considering they're charging $25 to restock a circuit board whose connection to my return will be irrelevant when they sell it again. If Bosch is this complex and penalizing for their returns, I hate to think what happens when I have an actual problem with their products.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Our built in microwave 800 series starting having trouble about a year after purchase. The display went dim. We were told it was no longer in warranty so just lived with it. Subsequently the door broke, the fuse blew and the circuit board overloaded and failed/burned out (all out of warranty). The service person came ($200) to tell us the door being crooked from when we bought it caused all these problems because the left and right side triggers were engaging out of sync when opening and closing.

The cost to repair the unit would be more than the value of the microwave at original purchase. As for a prorate on a replacement model. It's taken them 6 weeks and counting just to process that request while I continue to get voicemails that a repair person is coming back to fix it (a solution I've repeatedly rejected as paying over $1000 to repair a microwave is nonsense). Two months of calls to Bosch support several times a week and still waiting to get this resolved. The prorate amount they have offered is a very small discount considering they sold us a lemon in the first place. Very disappointed with bosch at every step and would not recommend the product nor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Our Bosch dishwasher had a recall on the device that holds the door in place but we never received a recall notice and didn't know about it until the item broke. We are the original owner and are registered with Bosch. While we were waiting on the repair, we propped the door with a box to keep it from opening wider than it should. After a week, the dishwasher started throwing an E15 error because it was leaking water. We also noticed that water flow to the sink where it is connected was much lower. We were concerned about this so we decided the safest approach is to cut off the water and we had to cut of the electric at the breaker to get it from constantly trying to access or drain water.

The repairman finally came out and fixed the door but told us that the leaking was caused by unevenness of the dishwasher. I told him that didn't make sense since the dishwasher has been sitting in the same location at the same adjustment for the past 4-5 years. He said he didn't know about that but it was uneven. When we mentioned the sink issue he told us it was unrelated because the water to the dishwasher has a separate valve. I asked whether it could be a problem with the drain line and he said that still would not affect the faucet. He told us we need to have someone come and fix the faucet.

He then started our dishwasher and ran it for a few minutes and then stated that there was no leak but we saw drops of water on the side. He said that was just from steam condensation when he opened the door but we had never seen this before. He told us the dishwasher should work fine. That was late in the afternoon on Thursday. We ran the dishwasher for the first time today, Sunday, at noon and it is leaking all over our floor and the E15 error has been thrown again. Once this error is thrown the only way to stop the dishwasher is to throw off the breaker which also disconnects our electric motion detecting faucet and the lights.

I called service and today is 10/31 but they told me the first available appointment is on 11/20. That's the weekend before Thanksgiving and we may not have a working sink for the holiday! The service desk person told me there is nothing she can do. This is a Bosch employee that came out to service our machine and he did a very poor job as is apparent now. He was dismissive of all of our concerns which would have been okay if he were right, but he wasn't. I had told him that since we had to wait so long for him to come I wanted to make sure it didn't work okay. He told me it was fine. The noise level also increased which was the main feature that attracted us to a Bosch over the competition. He told us that it was louder only because no dishes are in there, but today when we ran it, it was loud. So disappointed in the whole experience!! I guess we need to investigate a back up plan for a new dishwasher - not a Bosch!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Quiet. So quiet only a red light lets you know the dishwasher is running and a faint subtle beep alerts you as to when the cycle has completed. The dishware that it cleans comes out looking like new. Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Good overall dishwasher. Runs quiet to the point they need a red light indicator that it is running. Only issue we have had is if a dish or bowl overhangs the upper rack and the soap door doesn’t fully open. Easy to maintain filters etc.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Love the dishwasher. It is such an improvement from my 15 year old Whirlpool. The Bosch is so quiet and has a 1 hour wash. These are 2 of my favorite features. Quality built with a stainless steel inside.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Have had two. Each lasts about 10 years. Very quiet, and does a good job of cleaning dishes. Main issue has been unreliability of various pumps. Otherwise they've been durable. They're relatively pricey.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

The dishwasher has 3 baskets for dishes. Super quiet and a light that shows on the floor. When The light goes out the dishwasher is finished. You need the light because the dishwasher is so quiet. An awesome dishwasher.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

SELF CLOSING Freezer drawer!! Sharp looking outside and inside, extra bright inside and sharp with a stainless back wall. Roomy, great space on inside of doors, very well thought out design. Also like the back light in door water/ice dispenser.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Mine was getting old and started having problems. Researched and asked lots of people. Result was Bosch 300 and I love it. Lower models had plastic parts that over time leak. Higher models had lots of bells & whistles that I will never use. Found the best price & purchased. Many stores having supply issues and did not want to get stuck with a broken appliance. A few days later my son called, picked my brain & purchased the same model, different door. We both love them!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The Bosch Met or exceeded expectations. It is quiet. It is superb at cleaning. It replaced a 35 year old that failed. Cost was slightly higher than we wanted but satisfied our needs. Warranty was extended so we are good for years.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Unreliable company. Offers warranties for their products that they cannot uphold. 8+ mo with a broken microwave and counting. No plan B. Management perpetually reviewing our alternate solution proposal. Can't believe we chose this brand over the others.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

We bought a dishwasher nine months ago and it hasn't worked properly from day one. Parts were replaced twice and it didn't fix the problem. The repair person tried his best even calling for additional support but I guess no one knows how to to fix it. It stops working and maybe after 12 hours or so it will restart. Once it is working it is fine but that is not what you want. I have just hung up from being on hold to get another repair ticket for over 50 minutes and no one picks up at their end. I strongly would discourage anyone from getting a Bosch product.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I hate wet dishes. You can not tell if they are clean because the wet drops could mean oil hasn't come off dishes. I don't want to dry dishes when I get home From work! Can't tell if glasses are drop free. No drying element was the first thing you should have never done. I hate it and it's junk and waste of my time and money!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

We bought the Bosch 3000 fridge for circa $2,600. The ice water/crushed ice dispense/ice cube dispenser, shoots ice out so that you cannot catch it all in your glass. It happened when the repairman tried it and there is no fix for it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I completed a kitchen renovation and purchased a Bosch refrigerator. When it was unwrapped, the right door was severely damaged. Bosch suggested a new door rather than a new refrigerator and I agreed. We are now 2 months later and I’m told the production of the door is not until 9/18/21 and they have no idea when they will replace the door. Lewis was very irritated when I tried to get a definitive answer as to the install date. These are not cheap appliances and I guess I expected better customer service. Doubt that I will be a future Bosch customer based in this experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

We were having issues with our Bosch dishwasher, up to this point for fifteen years it's been great. Bosch informed us there was a recall on that model and offered us a 30% discount on a new model. That happened in mid-February and it still has not shown (it's now August 2021). We have tried to reach out and see what is going on; you're on hold for at least 30 minutes, then you speak with someone who has no idea how to track down the issue. Is this really how you want to run your company Bosch? Honestly, as pathetic a way to treat customers as one can imagine. I'd cancel the order but we've already paid.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Bought a new built house less than a year ago. On demand heat and hot water system failed. Bosch will not cover the cost of replacing the broken parts. Terrible warranty. Stay away from Bosch products!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The best customer service. I did my whole kitchen in Bosch and I had several problems with my appliances and they right away and replace the parts at no charge even past the warranty period if the fault is not yours. I bought a stainless steel fridge from Best Buy and no one told me that I had to clean it with only soap and water. Anyway the surface got completely damaged and they agreed to come and change all the doors of the fridge for free. Now that is customer service. I will only buy Bosch from now on. Forget the Korean brands with zero customer service

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I bought a Bosch dishwasher and soon after the warranty expired, the plumbing in the dishwasher, not my house or the feed to the dishwasher, leaked and ruined my expensive wood floor in my kitchen and dining room. In addition, the water leaked down into the basement and destroyed the ceiling, walls, and carpet. No-Leak technology that Bosch markets is all a lie and **. Don't waste your hard-earned money. BUY AMERICAN!!!

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have a dishwasher has been broken five times in the last year, service person came out and said it needed a new controller. The company said they would replace it last time the service person came out. Now no one from the company is getting back with me.

Original review: July 21, 2021

After only 24 months our convection microwave was chronically broken, even after four repairs, for the SAME problem! On the last repair the Bosch technician told me the problem is the design of the door and the micro switches. The local Bosch is no help and they just keep sending out techs to fix the same problem. Each time we had to wait many weeks to get an appointment, so the outcome is that in the past 4 years our oven has not worked for 7 months!

Original review: July 17, 2021

The convection wall oven has locked up and over heated 4 times in 6 years, once cremating a very expensive standing prime rib roast, the circuit board replaced twice. The microwave had its circuit board replaced and the dishwasher had to have its hinges repair. All on my dollar, even though the oven was just barely over 1 year old, the microwave was 2 and the dishwasher 4. Their customer service is the worst. For company that thinks it is high end it is just another overseas cheap piece of junk. Do not buy Bosch appliances.

Bosch Appliances Company Information