2.35/5
Based on 122 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bosch Appliances

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

824 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This dishwasher works well with Finish Rinse Aid. I like the design with the third rack on top which I use for silverware and cooking implements. But the settings are complicated. The washer almost always gets everything clean with a few exceptions for burned on food. I've had it four years, so far so good.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Have had 2 Bosch Dishwashers in the last 20 years, only reason for two, well we sold the 1st with the house in Florida, then when we moved to TX, gutted new kitchen, installed all new appliances and Bosch was one of them! Knock wood, never have had to have either of them repaired in the 10 years of having both! (Ten years on each BTW.)

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

It doesn't dry plastic and it's hard to fit non-standard dishes like Tupperware containers. It would help if the spaces to put things were more adjustable, and a rinse and hold cycle would be nice. Also, the appliance should give a warning if something is preventing either of the arms from spinning,

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

We purchased our Bosch dishwasher from Sears and not from a big box store to ensure internal component quality. From a performance and value perspective the Bosch 800 series dishwasher exceeded our expectations. No matter the grime the washer get things spotless, is quite efficient from an electricity standpoint and whisper quiet. 2 years after purchase I still need to listen intently to ensure the unit is filling up with water. Exceptional quality in terms of parts and the internal mechanism.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

For such an expensive dishwasher it is horrible - it doesn't clean and it doesn't dry no matter how you stack the dishes, what soap or drying agent you use!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

It works well, I bought a smaller one because we don't always have dirty dishes and space, but when I do replace this one I will go for full size so larger items like pots can be washed in it. For a small dishwasher it does a great job.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

The worst customer service for a major company I have ever experienced. Major dishwasher (Bosch dishwasher) recall due to possible fire hazard and the customer service people have absolutely no urgency or information other than to tell me it takes 10 days for a service provider to get a kit to replace the cord. When I asked about sending the cord overnight, no one had any answers and told me to call back in two days.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I recently purchased a home that came with a 2015 Bosch dishwasher. I had Miele dishwashers for the past 20 years and a always extremely satisfied. Always cleaned well and never had any bad odor. I assumed Bosch would be similar quality. I was sadly MISTAKEN! From day 1 I noticed it did not clean nearly as well. First we started making sure all dishware was put in perfectly aligned. Never overlapping, then we began rinsing the dishes more than we ever had in the past, then we tried changing detergent, then we put the machine to the heavy and sanitize settings, still every time we unload... I have to scrub, rinse or polish the dishes, glassware or cutlery. What a pain. My sister in law complained a few years ago that she found her Bosch appliances awful, I figured she wasn’t “treating“ them properly. Now I understands what she means. In the end it is not a good product and can never be compared to Miele.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We just bought a Bosch dishwasher. It will not start and everything is connected as per the installation manual. I need some customer help. I have been on hold for a half hour. I give up and will return the dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

If negative stars were possible they have sincerely earned it. We spent nearly 11,000 dollars in appliances and the combination wall oven microwave has never worked correctly. Bosch has tried and failed to fix the appliance three times. I have spent over 12 hours on the phone with Bosch, most of it on hold, trying to rectify this situation. I have asked for assistance to get the appliances replaced to no avail. On 1/3/18 they came and fixed the appliance for the third time. This fix was to replace the touch panel because the second trip to the house the technician replaced it with the wrong touch panel. When that technician was questioned about it he said, “That’s the right one for your oven” instead of holding the two next to each other to determine that it was in fact the wrong one.

Then a different technician came to replace that touch panel with the correct one. That one, on the first use came up with fault codes saying that the electrical was too hot. Ten minutes later another code came on that says communication error now the oven won’t come on at all. I called to request that the appliances be taken out of my house and explained to them my concerns of faulty wiring. I also told them of my concerns of fire hazard and having my newly built home burned down. The representative told me that it needed to go to management and that I would be contacted in 24-48 hours. I was not contacted and after 72 hours I called them back to find out the first representative didn’t even send my file to management. I explained the situation and was told that it would have to go to management.

I then asked to be transferred to management because I had no faith that I would be contacted. I was finally transferred to an “escalation manager” who was unable to help me and she transferred me to the “escalation supervisor” named Shawn. Shawn then explained to me that they would never refund my money for the appliances and that I was stuck them, but they might be able to replace the oven. I had already been told by two representatives that refunding the appliances was a possibility only to be told by this extremely unprofessional representative named Shawn that was not an option.

He then told me it would have to go to management and I would be contacted in 24-48 hours. I cannot stress enough my displeasure with everything about Bosch most of all by their customer service. They are absolutely one hundred percent unprofessional hacks that will never get my business again. I will never buy anything with a Bosch affiliation again. Horrible company, horrible employees, and horrible products. Save yourself from this overpriced trash.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Do not buy Bosch. I have a 4-year-old dishwasher that has had tons of problems draining. Once a month I have to take it apart to fix the drain. Contacted Bosch and they were absolutely no help. They do not stand by their products. Complete garbage and awful customer service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I bought a Bosch stainless steel dishwasher in December 2012. Today, 12/2017 my dishwasher has rusted down the front. Bosch says it has not "rusted through" (water coming out) so it will not be repaired unless I want to pay the cost of a new front. I will never buy another Bosch product - my dishwasher that was replaced by this one was over 20 years old and had not rusted. I wish I had it back!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Waiting for over 2 months for the power cord on our Bosch dishwasher to be replaced. Cannot be used due to fire hazard. Bosch rep impossible. Tried to push blame for delay on their required service rep. The serv. rep has spoken with us 4 times and is very proactive and very reliable. (We've used him before.) He can't replace the part if it's not sent to him. We've had it with the run around from Bosch!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I learned Bosch does not stand behind their products. We purchased a house this summer that has a Bosch dishwasher less than one year old. When the appliance failed, Bosch customer service (Shawn ** specifically) informed me that Bosch will not honor the manufacturer's one year warranty because I was not the original purchaser. I am not talking about an extended warranty that could have been purchased separately, I am talking about the standard one year manufacturer's warranty. A car comes with a standard power train warranty that is transferable, for example. I thought Bosch was a premium brand before this experience, but I can assure you they are not at all interested in providing support.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My Bosch dishwasher was recalled in October 2017 and I am still waiting for the repair person to get a power cord replacement from them. As of Dec. 19, Bosch still has power cords on back order and cannot tell me when the cord will come in. Shame on them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

My BOSCH Washing Machine not working properly. We have complaint to Bosch customer care on 06/12/2017. He says your problem will shortlisted within 48 hrs. But yet nobody come from Bosch to attend my problem. I have call 5 times after that.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

So frustrating to get a letter in the mail that tells you to stop using your dishwasher immediately like it's no big deal and doesn't inconvenience my life. Of course after trying to call, I get a voicemail saying due to caller volume they are unable to take my call at this time then the call disconnects! I'm supposed to stop using my dishwasher because it's unsafe and wait until I can get through to them and schedule somebody to come out and fix it. Who knows how long this will take. Save your money and buy a less expensive brand. I've never had this problem with the dishwasher before and have never spent this much on a dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

INVESTIGATE: BOSCH's @YOUR SERVICE (AT-YOUR-SVC) (KIRKLAND, WA) PROVIDER FOR FRAUD. FILE NO. **. My BOSCH microwave stopped working on 11/27/2017, I contacted BOSCH customer support and was recommended to schedule an appointment with BOSCH authorized @Your Service (Kirkland, WA) local service provider. The owner/technician showed-up on 11/29/2017, ran microwave for 30 seconds and created an invoice stating that Magnetron, PC board w/ inverter and Control board membrane have stopped working. I requested the technician to at least open up the microwave to check but he declined stating that he has enough (30+ years) experience to know what's going on. I paid $120 for 5 mins diagnostics and was assured that this amount will be used towards the appliance repair.

@Your Service asked me to order parts directly from BOSCH. I paid $300 for all parts and received it last weekend. @Your Service was scheduled to come on 12/14/2017 for the repairs but they declined stating that they don't have time to fix it and were upset that the parts were sent directly to my home instead of their service location. They now refuse to fix the microwave. I have now scheduled BOSCH to repair the microwave on 01/02/2018. I want BOSCH to investigate the following:

1) How can a BOSCH authorized service provider do the diagnosis to identify broken parts & charge customer without even opening the appliance? Is BOSCH really trying to sell & push more spare parts to customers via these 3rd party providers? 2) What are guidelines for BOSCH to authorize a local service provider? Based on my experience @Your Service (AT-YOUR-SVC) (KIRKLAND, WA) is a FRAUD company, using BOSCH's brand name for business and cheating customers. 3) How can I file a formal complaint to BOSCH management to investigate this and exclude @YOUR SERVICE from being an authorized BOSCH service provider? Happy to engage with a manager/executive to discuss this in detail.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We purchased our 800 Series from Lowe's. I wish I had returned it. The wheels on the lower rack were poorly designed (product manager should be fired). If there are any dishes in the lower rack, you cannot pull the rack out. It's frustrating to struggle with this everyday, and with the price we paid, I really expected a better dishwasher. I have called customer service three times. They have been no help - instead, they wanted to send out a service person. (Can you fix bad design?) The last agent said, "Oh, we have a fix for that now - has anyone offered to send you the "fat wheels"." The wheels were not wider, and they were not a fix. The rack constantly gets rolls off track and gets stuck inside the dishwasher.

So - if you're going to purchase any Bosch at all - you might want to try putting a few plates into the bottom rack and see if it pulls out. This one bad design feature overshadows the third rack for silverware and any other nifty features. If you cannot get the most important design right, the rest do not matter. Oh, and you must thoroughly prewash your dishes as this 800 Series cannot do the job on its own.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My BOSCH DISHWASHER is a lemon. The customer service department is incompetent and their repairman broke the bracket on our handle and said to call and get a new bracket to fix it and left. When we called to get replacement piece we were told we would've to pay to fix it because they had no record of it being broken by their repairman. We mailed them our proof with a letter and they offered to pay for the bracket but not the repairman! We purchased a high end Bosch Dishwasher for our new home. Since then we have made over 6 complaints to their inept customer service department. There was also was a recall on this unit after we paid to replace the cord that was defective. On each call they create a new claim number and they act ignorant to the prior complaints. They are masters at avoidance and running the warranty on their appliances.

When you do get them to agree to send a repair crew they send incompetent repair personnel. As to the dishwasher it doesn't clean the dishes. The glasses are always spotted and it's not the water. If you want your plates clean you must rinse and wipe them before they go into the DW. The utensils have to be washed again after they come out as they have food particles on them. We have a family of 7 and the DW is run all the time. We did not have ours for a month when we called for the first service as it would not drain and the dishes were dirty. This continued to happen and they would always walk you through a series of "fixes" before they agree to send out the repairman. Their defect product caused a recall on the part that was causing this issue but they did not tell us until we complained after the second service call.

During the 3rd or fourth service call the repairman snapped the bracket on the door handle. He said we would need to call and order the part and could not fix it after he broke it. Since then we have made complaints and sent letters to BOSCH about the bracket and the failure of the DW to clean the dishes, glasses and utensils. Their customer service department puts you thru the ringer. After requesting supervisors and no calls back when promised several times it escalated up the ladder only to be told that they would pay for the new bracket - but we had to pay for the repairman time!!! THEY BROKE IT!!! It is unbelievable to me the amount of wasted time (and money) that has been spent. They do not stand by their product... they are awful. BTW, we have owned many Bosch DWs and always recommended them - this is the first time with an issues, and it's been awful!!! I will never buy Bosch again due to this!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Model # B22CS80SNS/01 - First catastrophic failure of fridge in 2013 resulting in over $700 loss of foodstuff. Case **. Replaced ice-maker in mid-2017. Second catastrophic failure in Thanksgiving Week 2017 with over $1000 loss of food products. Case **. Contacted Bosch and was promised that they would schedule a diagnostic check on the appliance. NOTHING has been done three (3) days later. Representative Ishtiaq ** actually DECLARED TO ME THAT THE FRIDGE WAS APPROACHING ITS USEFUL LIFE OF SEVEN (7) - YES, 7 YEARS! I'm now getting ready to dispose of the dishwasher. I cannot afford a $1700 fridge every 7 years and a $600 dishwasher every 4 years. Not to mention the loss of food products and having to put up with the lies and poor Bosch customer service. You have been warned.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We purchased a top-of-the-line Bosch stainless French door fridge with bottom freezer. It immediately began having all types of problems like not making ice, freezing fridge foods, defrosting the frozen foods and ceasing to cool at all... The problems were never ending. Bosch sent out a technician every Wednesday for months (requiring that I take time off from work every Wednesday). After months of this, excellent documentation on my part and a demand letter, Bosch gave us back the full purchase price and took it away.

As a sidebar, we installed a Bosch dishwasher at the same time. Another worthless piece of junk. It runs, it just does not clean or dry. So, I wash my dishes, then use the dishwasher to "sanitize" because if you leave even a milk ring around a glass, it will still be there after the cycle runs. Additionally, the same "normal" cycle can take between 15 minutes and three hours depending on the dishwasher's "mood". HORRIBLE!!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I bought this pairing tops hoping it is a good appliance. Less than 15 month and it has failed. Have extended warranty and they have made at least 6 visits and ordered multiple parts and it is still not working. It has been not working since Sept 1st week and we are more than three months without microwave. My $90 microwave bought 10 years ago is the savior compared to this piece of ** and New Leaf ** service.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Bosch dishwashers have a upper spray arm that often falls off. They have a small easy to lose plug that holds it on. They will not let you just replace the plug or as a courtesy send you one. They force you to buy a new spray arm. You would think that this company would want to back up their products and replace a small plug at the cost of losing future customers. They do not care once you purchase their product but look for more ways to get more money. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Dishwasher SHV68TL3UC/04: I spent $900 on this dishwasher 18 months ago. Today, it will not turn on. Called Bosch service: $129 to get a technician to come out, plus $30 every 15 minutes that they are here, not including the time for any work they need to do or any parts that need to be paid for. Needless to say, this will be my first and last Bosch purchase. I was advised to buy KitchenAid and I decided not to. Live and learn.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Monday, November 06, 2017, I received by mail the Bosch "Important Safety Recall Notice - Bosch Dishwashers" letter regarding potential fire hazard. The dishwasher power cord can overheat and it was suggested to STOP using the appliance immediately if you have one of the affected models. I located my model and serial number and found that my dishwasher is affected by the 2017 recall expansion! I immediately went to the Bosch dishwasher recall registration Web page. Based on the information provided and my address, I received a list (only one agency name was listed) of authorized service agents that would inspect and repair my dishwasher at no charge, along with a reference number. So far, so good!

On that very same day, I contacted the repair agency, gave them the information requested and was told they will order the part, and when the part is received they will call to schedule the repair appointment, and told me that it would probably be by the end of the week. By the end of the business week, Friday, November 10, 2017, they never called. On Tuesday, November 14, 2017, AGAIN I called Bosch authorized service agent to ask for update on repair request. I was told the power cord is now expected to arrive on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and the repair will be scheduled for Friday, November 17, 2017, between 8AM - 5PM. I was also told the repairman will call me the day before, on Thursday, November 16, 2017, to narrow down the time within a two hour window for Friday's repair.

On Friday, November 17, 2017, AGAIN I called Bosch authorized service agent since their repairman was a No Call, No Show. I was told that the repair has been scheduled for Tuesday, November 21, 2017 and that the part is still not in "but should be in today or Monday the 20th." And, the repairman will call me on Monday, November, 20, 2017 with the time window for the Tuesday, November 21, 2017 repair. Maelynn, the service agent apologized for not calling to inform me and was not sure who even changed the repair schedule from November 16th to the 21st. Well, it is now Wednesday, November 22, 2017 and I still have NO dishwasher repaired, NO date for a repair, UNABLE to use the dishwasher, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and all the dirty dinner dishes will have to be washed the old fashioned way...by hand. Thanks Bosch for a less than stellar customer service response from your authorized service agency technicians.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Our Bosch built in micro convection oven was purchased December 2015 and have extended warranty but has not worked since August and have 15 documented calls to Bosch, Bosch extended warranty as well as service company that has made 5 home visits and it still does not work. When you call expect extended waiting and transferring etc but no one can make a decision, I expect to be taking legal action for their stupidity, I suggest doing your homework before purchasing any of their products.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2017

Wrote to the President and CEO about situation not acceptable. Received a phone call from Jessica at the Executive Office. She took care of getting me service call for 11/17/17(today). They came today and replaced the part. Jessica even called after as a follow up. Thank you Jessica! ????????????????

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I registered my Bosch dishwasher on January 24, 2014, the day after it was installed. I have checked my registration online and it is there! The registration form specifically states: "Safety - in the unlikely event of a recall or safety notice, we'll be able to contact you." NEVER HAPPENED! I only found out on the local news on 11/09/17 that a family with a Bosch dishwasher had their home burned down as their Bosch dishwasher started the fire! I immediately called the recall number and they gave me an ID number, but could not book the repair.

They told me to call Bosch, which I immediately did. Bosch gave me the number of the local company that would do the repair. Called them today, 11/10/17 and was told that they only get 1-2 cords every few days and I am #52 on the list! This is not acceptable! Bosch should be making mass amounts of this replacement cord. Seems to me they have are not taking this serious and have dropped the ball. FED UP!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I purchased a Bosch stove from the builder of my new home. Apparently there is a problem with the controls that turn the burners on. I was told by the Bosch rep that this is a safety problem that needs to be addressed. After weeks of trying to get this resolved and hours of waiting on hold and for a repairman I just keep getting the runaround and am living with a product that I was told by Bosch and the repairman that has a safety problem. This is the fifth Bosch product I have purchased and will never purchase another. I purchased this product new from the builder in 2017 and was told by Bosch that by checking the serial # it was produced in 2015. Why was I sold a unit that was over 2 years old?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We bought a Bosch dishwasher SHX series 3 years ago that needed the recall fix. After an hour on the phone trying to get a service call, the repairman was slated for 7am to 5 pm window. When he got here he switched the power cord but the dishwasher did not fit back in slot due to the special new cord. He said I should call an electrician to fix this issue and left. Now I am waiting to pay electrician to fix what the Bosch repairman left me with. BTW the fire and overheating claims started years ago, before we bought the dishwasher, it was not released on the internet that there were serious issues with these devices. I guess Bosch wanted to see how many claims came in before they issued a recall.

Bosch Appliances Company Information

www.bosch-home.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use