1.48/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

768 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Recently bought a new Bosch refrigerator 12 days ago. The fridge is not cooling or maintaining temperature. Service technician came to check but didn't have a thermometer. Gave an unsatisfactory reply that the compressor heating up and left. The problem continues. The technical support provided and the Bosch Refrigerator very unsatisfactory.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased my first Bosch appliance (dishwasher) on 6/1/17 after making note of an Installation Rebate offer from Bosch via a Bosch Visa Prepaid Card. The stated purchase date was required to be between 5/17/17 and 6/7/17, which it was. I immediately completed the rebate form even though the latest required postmark must be by 7/7/17 (over a month away). They promised reimbursement within 8 weeks and gave a website and phone number to check its status. After 4 1/2 weeks I received a typed response from Bosch saying that they were unable to process the request because it did not meet the cash register receipt requirement (not dated within the time period designated for this offer). I immediately contacted Lowe's, where I purchased the dishwasher. I spoke with the manager on duty and showed him the copies of the rebated offer, register receipt, response from Bosch, etc.

The manager on duty phoned Bosch rebates directly and verified that the date on the receipt "was" within the required date range. He told me that Bosch claimed that the month of "6" looked like a "5". We found this to be strange because it was obvious to both of us that it was a "6" for June. It was/could also be verified by the date on my charge card. If one person was in doubt, due to poor eyesight, they could of easily asked someone else or used a magnifying glass; which shouldn't of been necessary. Anyway, the Lowe's manager spoke with Bosch that it was the correct date, and that they would immediately process the rebate. The Lowe's manager said I should receive it within 2 weeks. After 2 1/2 weeks I checked their website for my rebate status. It recognized my information and gave me a tracking number; plus stated I had to allow more time.

Two more weeks later, I had still not received it (4 1/2 weeks after the Lowe's manager's phone call, and 9 weeks after purchase). I checked the website again for status. This time it never recognized my name/address (even though I had also completed warranty information on 6/20/17 after 6/18/17 installation). It never recognized my tracking number that it gave me 2 weeks earlier; and when I called their phone number, it never recognized my phone number. They had now lost all of my information (or so they claimed). I (we) both thought their first excuse was inexcusable, but possibly a mistake; but after the 2nd 4 1/2 week period it gives every appearance of being a "scam" (intentional). I no longer believe they intend to honor their rebate offers, and just expect most consumers to forget about it, not care about it, neglect to make copies before sent in, etc.; and just pocket the savings (this time for $145).

Original review: July 24, 2017

This is our second Bosch dishwasher. The first one died within a year and was replaced (though it took ages). We loved the way it worked, esp. the silence of it, but were surprised by the failure of a new appliance. The customer service was not great. New house, new DW: this one died within 11 months of purchase and installation. And I am a super-neat-freak "the dishes are almost clean when they go in" dishwasher user. But still, this new Bosch died 11 months in, and 5 weeks after reporting the problem we're still being given the run-around.

After trying to replace the board and sensor unit on site this past week, the service guys hauled it away, damaging my cabinetry. And suddenly (lo, presto!) we now, 2 days later, have a leak under our sink, which is adjacent to the DW, from where they pulled the fill/drain hoses and did god knows what. Next time I will camp over their shoulders, video camera on. So: 5 weeks after reporting the Bosch unit's failure, we have no dishwasher, and are unable to use our kitchen sink. I am disgusted.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Have an expensive 8 yr old Bosch refrigerator. Already replaced water pump (about $400.) now door handle broke off at bottom. Bosch CS is worthless. Most repair services don't handle bosch - can't readily get parts. Those that do won't give prices - they want $100 service call to diagnose prob and then order parts for 2nd visit. And can't get price of new handle without a costly visit -- some scam they've got going. It also never produces enough ice. Supposed to be stainless steel - aside from not being stainless it's not magnetic - so what kind of SS is it really. My opinion is to never buy bosch anything.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have been an advocate for Bosch for over a decade. We purchased our first dishwasher in 2008 and it was awesome. I can't tell you how many people I referred to purchase Bosch products. We recently purchased a new dishwasher in mid 2015 (SHX68T55UC 24" 800 series built in) and it is built super flimsy and has given us problems on multiple occasions. I was getting tired of troubleshooting and recently it just stopped working altogether. I contacted Bosch customer service and basically they said "sorry not on warranty anymore. It will cost you $125 for a service call + $30 for every 15 minutes of labor + parts". This is just wrong. I could not be more disappointed with the quality and service of Bosch. A $1,000.00 dishwasher should last more than 2 years wouldn't you agree?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: July 12, 2017

When researching new appliances, all the reviews seemed to be negative, regardless of manufacturer. It seemed that nobody posted positive reviews. I bought all four Bosch appliances in March 2017 and had a problem with the refrigerator dripping water inside the 'box' which had pooled under the pull-out chiller drawer. I called the Bosch people and they immediately set up an appointment with an independent local appliance repair service. The tech came out the next day, took everything inside the refrigerator apart and contacted Bosch Techs by phone to determine the required 'fix'. After he was done and had put everything back together, I asked what if that didn't solve the problem and he replied that I would probably get a new refrigerator. The next day it was clear the leaking wasn't fixed.

I called the repair guy and he immediately started a Claim, and gave me the claim number they would send to Bosch, and a phone number for me to contact Bosch. I talked with a very nice Customer Service lady at Bosch and they emailed me a claim form to complete. I was not able to complete it immediately but took the form to the local post office to mail about five days later. When I got home from the post office, the phone rang and it was the Bosch representative confirming that they had already ordered a new refrigerator and a local installer would contact me once the unit was received.

About a week later, their installers came out, removed the old refrigerator and totally set up the new one. When they left there wasn't a trace they had been there and the refrigerator was completely set up. So, I may be in the minority on these "Reviews" but my Bosch appliances work just fine, the Customer Service people are absolutely delightful to work with and they stood behind their product 100%. I couldn't be happier and think potential customers who study the reviews need to see a positive experience among all the negative reviews.

Original review: July 3, 2017

We bought this Bosch Dishwasher less than a year ago to replace a previous Bosch Dishwasher which lasted 11 years! Our experience with the last dishwasher was excellent, dishes, cutlery, cleaned impeccably. Not so with the latest one bought from Lowes, a Bosch 300 Series 46-Decibel Built-In Dishwasher (Stainless Steel) (Common: 24-in; Actual: 23.625-in). Cleaning of all dishes and cutlery is inconsistent, with some not properly cleaned, lingering odor at times but livable. We've had the unit serviced twice, first time the technician replaced the water pump, the second time he basically said there was nothing wrong with the machine.

We called Bosch and initially they were empathetic and indicated they would escalate our situation and possibly replace the unit. But after they received the technician service orders, they advised us that Bosch would not replace the unit. So basically we are stuck with a lemon dishwasher that doesn't perform well with no recourse. Needless to say we are very disappointed with this type of service and indifference. We were Bosch Dishwasher fans, not anymore!

Original review: July 1, 2017

It worked for about 4 months. Then it stopped. Waited 10 days and Bosch repairman found small pieces of food in dishwasher and cleaned it - not warranty (owner fault). Said it worked fine and left. Tried to start it and found it didn't work. Waited 10 days. Bosch repairman returned; found more tiny bits of debris and blamed it on that. Surreptitiously replaced power source. Gave me second lecture about how no debris of any sort can ever go into machine. Machine worked for 2 washings and then broke. Waited 10 days. Bosch repairman returned and found more "debris" (2 tiny pieces of tea leaves, 1/10 of small fingernail and one small plastic filament about the same size). Same lecture. Replaced replacement power source. and left. Has worked fine once.

I am left with the definite impression that the Bosch dishwasher is too delicate to be used as a dishwasher - that all items being dish-washed must first be washed by hand. So the dishwasher turns out to be an odd cabinet for storage. I am elderly and the bits found by the repairman would not be seen by me in any event. I am also left with the possible impression that the power source was broken at every step and the dance I was put through was designed to have me pay a $189 charge upfront, although it should have been covered by warranty all along.

Original review: June 30, 2017

We have had dishwashers since 1974 and were always satisfied. A guarantee should not mean that after 2 years machines should start misbehaving. The baskets are rusting even though no objects that could rust were put in there. The light for the main programme failed. The on off - switch failed. We are very disappointed as the very 1st dishwasher we had from Phillips lasted for ages and we only replaced it because we moved house and had a new kitchen. Very unhappy. If you want to replace the baskets you will have paid for almost a new machine.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Bought a new Bosch dishwasher, when the tech installed the dishwasher it was found to have a fatal error! This was a manufacture defect! Bosch refused to replace unit! Company rec'd an F from BBB!! The company's customer service was worthless, just like their warranty!! Buyers beware of buying the high-end Bosch!!! You pay high you receive very low quality!!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher 2 years ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. It had an interior odor from the very beginning and the smell continues to get worse, unbearable actually. We clean it regularly, wash the filters, use store bought cleaners, have tried vinegar, everything imaginable that I could find on the net. A couple weeks ago I decided to call Bosch. They sent a "a service tech" to the house who was there a total of 5 minutes. He looked in the dishwasher, checked the filter and the wash wand. He confirmed that the machine has an odor, confirmed that it is installed correctly and that the machine was in fact clean and well maintained.

I followed up with Customer Service and was told the problem had been escalated. I was told they would respond within a 24-48 hour window. They didn't. I followed up once again and was told they would do nothing about the situation. When they said a service tech would come by, I assumed that meant they would be able to help. Sadly, it was all a waste of time. There has been nothing done to eliminate the odor and no explanation as to why the odor exists. We are currently renovating and will be replacing the dishwasher. We will NEVER EVER purchase a Bosch appliance again. This was an expensive mistake.

Original review: June 8, 2017

My fridge has been off for 4 days and the Customer Service hasn't done anything for me. The temperature soars to 46 Celsius here. It's been 3 years, we bought the fridge, after 1 year, every summer something happens to it. We have been running in circles and no one has come to fill the gas in the fridge. The numbers are either not answered or the standard reply... "someone will come". Biggest mistake to buy Bosch. Would never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 1, 2017

We purchased a Bosch refrigerator while building our house. By the time we plugged it in we had owned it 6 mos at least. This was in August 2016. By Jan 2017 we began having problems. Ice maker had barely worked from beginning. Then refrigerator part broke right after one yr warranty, even though it had only run 6 mos. $700 in repairs. Now refrigerator began freezing everything. So repairs are over $500. But repairman showed us the part that broke and we put gorilla tape over the air coming out freezing everything until we decided whether to pay another $500 or throw this $3,200 POS in the garbage.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Bosch Dishwasher Model SHE68T55UC/01: Had control panel replaced after a 1 year under warranty. Had to pay for customer service call and installation of part ($189.00). Experiencing intermittent touch panel malfunctions. Called Bosch sent out technician and he was tested machine and there was (1) malfunction out of 4 tries. Technician claimed there is nothing wrong with machine! I explained that this malfunction was intermittent and that out of seven washes there were at least 3-4 malfunctioning touch panel attempts... Bosch has refused replacement of this panel and is acting like there is nothing wrong with this $950 machine!!! I am speaking to a supervisor and I am waiting for a return call... Will follow up of how they treat me! I am not HAPPY!!!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I bought an entire Bosch kitchen last summer. I was cleaning last month and noticed rust and pitting on the door of the fridge. I called Bosch and they asked me to send in pictures to file a claim, so I did my best to show the pitting in the pictures but the surface glare made it difficult. About 2 weeks after I sent in my official claim email I get a response (the initial receipt of the email said I would hear back within 5 business days).

Bosch informs me that rust is a surface cosmetic issue and not covered under the warranty so I call to ask if they saw that there were holes in the stainless door. They said it all looked like surface rust and could be cleaned off. But they were willing to give me 25% off if I want to replace the door. I spent about 10 minutes talking before asking for a supervisor. Talking with the supervisor I was able to get them to send a technician to diagnose if there are actually holes. May 17th: technician confirms that there is uncleanable pitting in the stainless steel door.

Today: May 31st (2weeks since diagnosis) I get a call that they will pay for the parts of the door as a "goodwill gesture" but not for the labor of the replacement. So they admit that their product is bad but won't actually pay to replace it, instead trying to frame it as they are doing me a favor. Absolutely horrendous service, to admit that the door is flawed and provide a new door but make me pay for the labor to replace it (~200$). This has officially been the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced. The representatives were defensive and unwilling to take responsibility for their faulty product. I will never again buy a Bosch appliance and I'll also be sure that no one else does if I can help it.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Awkward trays of clumsy thick plastic don't hold many dishes that come out wet. My 12 years old Miele was wrongly tossed because of a misdiagnosed plumbing problem. Plumbing problem solved. I donated the Bosch dishwasher to charity, purchased a new Miele. I am thrilled with my new Miele.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The repair people just left - this is the 2nd pump to go out on my Bosch dishwasher. The washer is only 2 years old - now I get to wait another week for the pump to come in. Will NEVER buy anything Bosch again.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Bosch has a pathetic customer service. We purchased a washing machine from Bajaj Electronics, Forum Mall on Friday 19/5 and it got delivered on 21/5 and since then we have been waiting for the technician to fix it but every time the guy make false promises. It's been 5 days of the purchase but no response. I would recommend to my near dears never go for Bosch appliances.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I purchased a Bosch stainless steel cooktop couple of months ago. I paid over $1200 with the installation cost. The cooktop started to have discoloration and rust after only 2 weeks. I had hardly used it except for a few times boiling water for tea. I contacted Bosch, send them pictures and asked them to replace it because I was still under warranty.

They told me I probably have used some harsh chemical and it must be my fault to cause the rust. I told them I only used damp sponge to wipe it and nothing else. They told me I should had not used damp sponge so it is my fault. I told them in their manual the instruction for cleaning the stainless steel is to use water and detergent and I have only used damp sponge and dried it with towel. No matter how many times I called and wrote to them, they would not replace the defective appliance. I am really upset about this and looking to take a legal action. If there are other people who have been ripped off by Bosch please contact me and maybe we can have a class action lawsuit.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Bosch Silence Plus Dba Dishwasher: Piece of junk. It's very, very quiet. Cleaned beautifully for about 6 months. Now it barely cleans anything even though the filter and catchall are completely clean. Sometimes the container holding the cleaning tablet won't even open! STAY AWAY, they are not what they used to be.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have been the owner of Kenmore dishwashers since 1978. Today I had to have one service for technical issues the door latch for the first time ever. It was purchased in July 2015, not two years old. It is a Bosch by Kenmore, the door latch keeps popping during the wash cycle, and you have to keep closing it. Very irritating. Of course there is only a one year warranty on it, and they refuse to cover expenses. I called Bosch and they really don't care. Poor attitude. Don’t buy Bosch products. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME FOR ME. WE LEARN BY OUR MISTAKES. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

Original review: April 26, 2017

A few years ago we bought Bosch "green" dishwasher. That means it uses relatively low (below 100C) temperature to wash and dry. Thus various microbes are not killed and the dishwasher sanitized. Finally, the water which always should be in the dishwasher gets nasty smell. Who was so stupid to create such "green" stuff without option to use normal washing and drying temperature not the "green"? Do not buy Bosch as you can get something stupid like "green" microbe friendly appliance.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Bosch refrigerator was purchased in 2005 and within the last two months had repairs of over $900. Ice maker not working, sensor not working, fan not working. Had to throw all my food away each time (four times). I grew up in Germany and Bosch was a top of the line product. Bosch, what happened to you, does your CEO not care about your reputation?

Original review: April 17, 2017

Just bought an entire kitchen of Bosch appliances. Microwave. Range. Refrigerator. Dishwasher. Biggest and most costly error I've made this year. The refrigerator was delivered WITHOUT HANDLES. And no grill. Whoops, what? You wanted HANDLES?? The display, as mentioned by another, does NOT illuminate despite what the directions say. The interior is very cheap feeling... much worse than the two year old Frigidaire it's replacing. Call to customer service yielded attitude, deflection and excuses. Pass the buck. All at my expense. Referred me back to the dealer (you know, because the dealer is the one with bad QC). They want me to take ANOTHER day off work to meet someone to deal with their product inadequacies. Wouldn't take it again if it was free.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Technician are not attending the customers in time. They made us to wait days together. This is the first time I bought washing machine. All my happiness became sad with customer care. I am still waiting for the Technician to install water smoother and to get a cover.

Original review: April 10, 2017
Greetings. 0 603 924 003 is the part number of the Bosch drilling machine. Item 30 is the rechargeable battery which is required by me. Please could you help.

Bosch Germany were very helpful but India Bosch no reply from everybody I wrote. Regards.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We purchased the dishwasher last July. It will not get the dishes clean unless they are basically clean before you put them in. And it will not get them dry -- ever. Within a month, we could not get it to start because the door would not close. The tech said it needed to be leveled. Two months later, the door won't close. Tech has to order a bracket for the door. Two months later, same problems -- tech removes some of the parts of the top rack. Two months later, same problems. I have asked for a replacement and no one got back to me. Today, same problem. I think they are just trying to put me off until the warranty runs out.

Original review: March 30, 2017

For decades now I have used and preferred Bosch products. Recently I have had an ongoing bad experience with a Bosch dishwasher that I bought last June from Sears. Last January it abruptly stopped working. It was under warranty so I contacted Bosch as Sears does not handle warranty issues. I was told to contact a local service provider. To my regret I called Appliance Marshall repair in Cary Illinois. The idiot they sent made 2 trips and was not able to figure out how to make the warranty repairs. Instead he claimed that water leaking from the brand new custom made to accommodate my new dishwasher had somehow leaked water that damaged the dishwasher, and that it was not covered by warranty. I told him that there was never any such event, and there was no water leak anywhere. The only source of water in that location was the dishwasher.

I have pictures that show the floor discolorations and that the leak came from the dishwasher itself. There is no discolouration or drip line on the floor aside from the perimeter of the unit. But since this guy used up my 2 service calls I have to pay for some 3rd party to come out and fix my dishwasher. This has been going on for over 2 months now and I still cannot use my VERY expensive Bosch dishwasher. I should add that during both visits this creep made to my home he made me very uncomfortable by asking irrelevant questions, suggesting "friends" for repairs to the new home I am remodeling, and really strange behaviour.

I hope these guys are subject to a successful criminal background check prior to being sent into people's homes. Anyway, prior to his deciding and informing Bosch that he could not accomplish the warranty repairs, I called and emailed Appliance Marshall repair that he never be sent to my home again since he made me so uncomfortable. Since an accurate and verifiable diagnosis of this unit was never made I feel that I have a Bosch product in my kitchen that is a fire and electrocution hazard. I just want to express my extreme dissatisfaction with Bosch.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Similar experience to what has been described. After 15 months the dishwasher would not drain - E 24 error message. Followed the advice online and cleared filter, checked impeller, etc. No success. Now there is an E15 error message and the drain pump will not turn off. Very dissatisfied with this purchase. Had an ASKO that worked for 16 years without any issues at all.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Model. B22CS30SNS01 - We bought a Bosch refrigerator in 2010 from Jessups appliance in Venice Fl. and it was the worst refrigerator in my Entire lifetime. Two circuit boards went and the ice maker. This last repair we did not repair it and bought a new GE refrigerator. The total of the repairs was $1000.00. I'm 74 years old and never had such an awful appliance!!! Please do not buy a Bosch refrigerator!!!

Bosch Appliances Company Information